Windows Support Forum

laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

Q: laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 82.77%

I have a USB keyboard which normally works fine but is not working when I enter the BIOS. (Which I am trying to do BTW so that I can boot from the the Win10 ISO install disk. I'm on Win7 now and I've tried the easier way many times but it always fails.)

The keyboard is plugged directly into the PC (i.e. is not going through a hub).

If it might matter the motherboard is a Gigabyte MA78G-DS3H which supports AMD Phenom and Athlon processors.

I used to use a non-USB keyboard on this machine but that port stopped working so I don't think I have the option of trying a non-USB keyboard.

I wouldn't mind replacing this system but I am too busy to do that while the upgrades to Win10 are still free.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bob

A:USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.)

not all bios's allow the use of a mouse, newer UEFI Bios's do but on older machines it's not an option , but for your keyboard you could look for a Legacy Option in the bios under USB which should allow USB to work outside Win7 too.

you could check the PS2 ports are still enabled too while in the bios

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55577-usb-keyboard-does-not-work-bios-but-otherwise-works-fine.html
Relevancy 111.37%

hi i have a old computer , it works fine right now , but i had to get it repaired over 5 times and i had to pay the guy around ?20 each time , the pc works right now

but

there i a problem when i want to boot a cd xp from the pc ( install xp agin) the keyboad works fine when the pc is on like on word ( its a usb keyboard) but when my pc crashes i and i want to to to the boot menue and i add my cd in it says' press a key to begin' bang my key board just doesnt work , press all the buttons and none of them work

my pc is working fine right now but i would like to take precuations so i cant boot the cd my self , why dosnet my keyboad work i tired another usb keyboard aswell and same problem

if possible help thanks

A:Old xp computer keyboard works fine but when on boot menue it dont work

I think you will probably need to temporarily connect whichever alternative keyboard (PS/2 or AT) the system has input for, enter the BIOS setup as indicated on the boot screen, and enable an option which is commonly called Legacy USB. The system should then respond to the USB keyboard prior to Windows starting.

This often occurs on older systems when the CMOS data has been reset back to BIOS default values. Make sure the CMOS backup battery hasn't gone flat, or it is likely to happen again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/297905/old-xp-computer-keyboard-works-fine-but-when-on-boot-menue-it-dont-work/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi there. I created a shortcut with this command:

Code:
C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep
when I click on that, it works fine but shortcut keyboard not work.
I set several shortcut keys in this shortcut but nothing works fine. (note: when I press ctrl key it display ctrl+alt, when I press alt key it display ctrl+alt also and win key not work at all). for example I set ctrl+shift+n but this not work.
any help?

(sorry for bad english )

A:sleep command works fine but keyboard shortcut not, any help?

I believe shortcut hotkeys only work if the shortcut is on the desktop or in the start menu. Adding control to alt or alt to control is likely to avoid conflicts with already assigned hotkeys.

A more versatile way is AutoHotkey

Or you can get free programs that let you assign programs or files to run when you hit a hotkey. They usually either allow you to type the hotkey in, or choose the combinations from dropdown lists.

Check freeware sites like filehippo, softpedia, snapfiles etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/321787-sleep-command-works-fine-but-keyboard-shortcut-not-any-help.html
Relevancy 94.6%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi all this is my first time posting anything anywere here goes on - - I clicked on a link to activity mouse monitor,keyboard no works but fine Hardrive now, or a program and as usual vista wanted me to approve it so I did my antivirus program went off with a high threat and I thought it stopped anything from happening however after I removed the bad stuff with the AV program I noticed my computer would crash to blue screen every few minutes or so So I quickly became frustrated I tried repeatedly to used the vista cd to restore it but it would crash in the middle of the process Next I checked the Dell support link on my desk top and it scanned the computer for any hardware or compatability issues and said I Hardrive works fine now, but no monitor,keyboard or mouse activity needed to install bios update So I downloaded it all was ok at this point when I began installation it completed about then crashed to blue screen again Now I am banging my head on desk well I try to restart computer and I now have nothing at all no monitor stays blank no keyboard no mouse CD drive runs and flashes and the little light on front of tower stays lit now but no Hardrive works fine now, but no monitor,keyboard or mouse activity HDD activity So Hardrive works fine now, but no monitor,keyboard or mouse activity I remove my HDD and install it in my sons E we have same computers and it went back to crashing to bluescreen So now I experiment with boot sequience and boot from cd first then I just had windows vista install cd in drive and restarted computer and that seemed to take care of that problem however when I put my HDD back in quot my quot computer stall nothing Now does anyone out there have any ideas I am thinking of trying to burn an install for bios on a cd and trying that to see if it will boot up but I am kinda scared of bios anything now

A:Hardrive works fine now, but no monitor,keyboard or mouse activity

Hi, roadan1971, and welcome to the forums.

It sounds like your BIOS was in the middle of being updated (colloquially called flashed) when it died. You'll need to contact Dell tech support and tell them exactly what happened, and see if they know of a way to restore your computer's BIOS - else you'll have o pay to have it replaced.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/179316-hardrive-works-fine-now-but-no-monitor-keyboard-mouse-activity.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Reposted with more descriptive title Dear Forum fine click) keyboard: (no windows only all works. scrolls safemode in Mouse: only key goers Since rebooting today my mouse and keyboard do not Mouse: only scrolls (no click) keyboard: only windows key works. all fine in safemode fully work After start up the mouse tracks but does not register clicks The keyboard s windows key works and ctrl-alt-delete will bring up task manager but I cannot select an icon by pressing the first letter I cannot hit up or down arrows to navigate the start menu I can t do anything but hard restart my computer Doing some initial research the forums lead me to believe I had a driver problem I started in safe mode both the keyboard and mouse worked keyboard works fine in BIOS I uninstalled both drivers and restarted to find the exact same issue I had just plugged in my router trying to connect another computer to the modem and restarted my computer to attempt to detect the internet I had no installed anything on my computer since last week I had been attempting to run some sketchy programs that I had first run thru my virus checker Norton Internet Security suite fully updated I suspect one of the two exes that passed the norton scan so they were not promptly deleted may have done this I don t think I had restarted until now I am running Windows XP Professional Service Pack I had searched the internet for about an hour before posting not finding any similar issues Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this I d even take a proper keyword search for this issue I ve been using mouse keyboard unresponsive or not working Mouse scrolls does not click Win XP Mouse keyboard troubleshoot And similar I don t know if there s any other pertinent information to add Please ask for any additional information and I ll attempt to post it quickly I d prefer not to reformat and lose some of the data on my boot drive both it and my data drive are about full as well as go through the pain of reinstalling all my apps That s what I ve usually had to do in problems I couldn t work around before and it s a real pain Thanks nbsp

A:Mouse: only scrolls (no click) keyboard: only windows key works. all fine in safemode

A system restore to over a week ago fixed the problem. I'm still interested in what may have caused this wacky bug if anyone has any ideas??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-only-scrolls-no-click-keyboard-only-windows-key-works-all-fine-in-safemode.619372/
Relevancy 91.59%

New Logitech keyboard requires pounding on a key maybe several times B4 it makes it's mark using IE7. Works just fine on Firefox. This happens whether I am typing in Outlook or on an internet page. Weird.

A:New keyboard won't work on IE fine on Firefox

I assume you installed the Logitech keyboard drivers, correct?

If you did, you could just have a bad keyboard. It should still be under warranty, so take it back to where you got is and ask for a replacement.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/new-keyboard-wont-work-on-ie-fine-on-firefox-218430.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have the Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 with the laser mouse. It seems to work fine for everything but in COD or MOH it stops responding or sticks when i try to walk forward or whatever. I have to let go the key and hit it again. I updated the drivers from M but it didnt help.

Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-sticks-in-games-seems-to-work-fine-otherwise.960116/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hey guys So I've been struggling with this problem all day and there are many forums around the [SOLVED] work but in and Mouse windows keyboard in not 7 BIOS, fine internet like this but none are exactly like mine and I've tried a lot of the troubleshooting options that seem to work [SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS, but not in windows 7 for others but haven't fixed my problem Firstly I've recently put together a computer and everything works fine even the keyboard and mouse work in BIOS Now I've gone out and got my hands on an OEM copy of Windows to install buying the retail here is now close to impossible since Windows was released a little while back and now I've come home to install it and I noticed during the installation I could only use my keyboard to enter details mouse didn't work so I had to tab space and enter my way through Until I come to enter the product key keyboard is still fine then I realize the odd key isn't working without giving too much away my H and keys which I find odd as all the others are I end up skipping this part and finish the installation to now where I try and connect to the internet but putting in my isp password is impossible as it contains an H and that key isn't working I restart unplug them both plug them back in and now I'm stuck at my loading screen as now my keyboard and mouse have just stopping working entirely which is odd as the light on the bottom of the mouse is on and so are various lights across my keyboard After trying a few troubleshooting options will mention below I'm left wondering hardware issue mouse keyboard mobo or software issue windows [SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS, but not in windows 7 drivers Long story short brief timeline Computer is first built working everything keyboard and mouse are fine in BIOS Goes to install Windows from OEM disc notices mouse doesn't work keyboard is fine but later notices certain keys don't work H and Follows it through these keys still don't work in Windows but mouse does Restarts comp now they don't work in Windows at all but still work in BIOS In terms of troubleshooting I've tried but hasn't fixed the problem rebooting unplug and replug keyboard and mouse disable and enable Legacy USB support in the BIOS connect mouse through ps My motherboard is Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H-WB WIFI mouse and keyboard is under the Logitech G Gaming Combo can't find individual model names Much thanks in advance for future responses And happy to supply anymore info if needed

A:[SOLVED] Mouse and keyboard work fine in BIOS, but not in windows 7

did you install your motherboard drivers?

go to device manager in windows and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks or red x by your keyboard or mouse/usb devices. Type devmgmt.msc in run box to show device manager.

EDIT was any operating system on it before you installed windows 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-mouse-and-keyboard-work-fine-in-bios-but-not-in-windows-7-a-690795.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi All,

My laptop had a blue screen and keyboard stops working as well, I plugged the external keyboard and re-install the windows, now half of the keys are working and half dosent.

I am wondering has the kyboard damaged, I am also not sure if the I replace the keyboard will it work?

is there any settings in bios or any utility can fix the problem, could some one please advise?

Thanks
Nysoh

A:Keyboard stops working - USB external keyboard is fine

Hello Nysoh

On this virtual way nobody can say for sure what the problem is but if the internal keyboard is not working properly first step is keyboard replacement. If the problem still persists then troublemaker can be keyboard port or keyboard controller.

As far as I know BIOS has nothing to do with this issue.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62419-Keyboard-stops-working-USB-external-keyboard-is-fine
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello
My lenovo laptop b575e keyboard dont works, it works only in bios and linux systems. External usb keyboard works well in all places. In the past i  have worked on all versions of windows and several linuxes, and keyboard working well from windowsXP
trough Windows10. I see this problem after last windows10 threshold update.
I have tried to reinstall system with complete hd format, but keyboard dont works.

In bios keyboard working well, when i run from HirensBoot disc   on from  cdBootable miniLinux keyboard works, but when i run mini windows xp from this bootable cd keyboard stops his work.

I have tried to uninstall hd from motherboard, and have changed ram but dont works too.
can anybody help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb47c2a6-d21c-4c23-8d67-b1f508d0f658/lenovo-b575e-laptop-keyboard-dont-works-only-on-windows-os-in-the-past-it-works?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 87.72%

i have tried everything, taking out everything except the graphics card, 1 stick of ram and the cpu but i cant get the mouse and keyboard to work on the welcome screen. my computer has the following specs:

250 GB hard drive
ATI Radeon 9500 series graphic card
1024 MB Ram
packard bell

please can anyone give me some advice on how to fix this as i dopnt want to take it to a professional and pay for it to be fixed!!!

A:HELP, mouse and keyboard work fine in bios but stop working at the welcome screen!!

What does your manual for your as yet unidentified motherboard say about enabling USB ports in the Bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-mouse-and-keyboard-work-fine-in-bios-but-stop-working-at-the-welcome-screen.78676/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi there

Stupidly I thought i could replair an apparently broken HDD instead of just buying a new desktop.

I bought a new western digitial 120 HDD, extra RAM, a DVD-RW and windows XP (to replace 98).

Upon fitting the hardware, I discovered the keyboard no longer works, though it works fine on my parents PC. The num, caps and scroll locks briefly light up when plugged in but the go dark and stay unlit when the PC is switched on. There are no 'keyboard not detected' messages when the keyboard is plugged in (but this does occur when I pull the cable out).

What could it be? Is it port problem, or something worse? I have tried taking out all of the additional hardware except for the HDD, but this makes no difference.

The upshot is that BIOS is unaccessible.

Any advice would be warmly appreciated.

Thanks
D

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-fine-fitted-new-hdd-keyboard-now-non-responsive.19199/
Relevancy 84.28%

I went to a LAN party so I unplugged all my cables from the pc When arriving at the lan party I plugged everything back in and booted into Vista Ultimate Everything was detected properly and I encountered no problems But when I got home again I wanted to boot into Windows the anymore work moving don't and pc in vista (works keyboard mouse after though) XP Pro and that s where the problems started My USB Keyboard and USB mouse would not light up when I was in XP The keyboard and mouse don't work anymore after moving the pc (works in vista though) Install New hardware window popped up asking me to install quot new quot devices quot composite usb device quot You might understand that it s impossible to proceed this installation when you cannot use your mouse and keyboard Unfortunatly I do not have a PS mouse or keyboard around How do I get my mouse and keyboard working again booting into quot LAST KNOWN WORKING CONFIGURATION quot does not work and everything has been working fine for more than a year now untill I unplugged them and probably plugged them into a different usb port btw all my ports are nbsp

A:keyboard and mouse don't work anymore after moving the pc (works in vista though)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work-anymore-after-moving-the-pc-works-in-vista-though.690136/
Relevancy 83.42%

My keyboard as well as virtual keyboard behave irratic and even sometimes doesn't work at all. Sometimes only tab, backspace and I key work and sometimes with internet browser keys work as if they are pressed with cntrl key. By pressing f it opens find window. Sometimes work normal as if there was no problem. Problem is very frequent.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-laptop-keyboard-sometimes-works-and-most-of-the-time/td-p/5835285
Relevancy 81.7%

this morning my laptop was working fine but now after a windows update the touch pad and keyboard don't work. i have already reset took out battery and tried again. i also did a system restore to 2 previous dates. after that didn't work i went into the BIOS screen at start up and reset the defaults which showed i had keyboard usage just not when using the OS. These all haven't worked so i went into device manager and scanned for updates to the drivers with no success. idk what else i should try before getting it professionally looked at. any advice is welcome just read what ive already tried, thank you

Relevancy 80.84%

Got an inspiron 13 7000 series yesterday and the on screen keyboard will not work in tablet mode.  The selection for the screen keyboard goes away when I fold into tablet.  Anyone know how to make screen keyboard work in tablet mode?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981020
Relevancy 80.84%

hi all. i have a compag white internet keyboard, older model, and it works fine in bios and any other time, but when trying to hit F8 to enter the windows startup options it doesnt work. ive tried enabling usb legacy device support in bios but it didnt seem to help. this keyboard doesnt need drivers to work, so i dont think its that. and my old keyboard could do it. any ideas??

A:Usb Keyboard Can Not Enter Safe Mode (keyboard Wont Work)

Use a PS/2 keyboard instead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-can-not-enter-safe-mode-keyboard-wont-work.22918/
Relevancy 79.98%

I have a Dell 2400 Series desktop computer.  The number block on the right side of keyboard does not work.  I thought it might be the keyboard, so I ordered a new keyboard from Dell.  New keyboard arrived;, installed --- no success.  Same problem. Why doesn't the number block work.  However, the top row of numbers does work. 

A:Keyboard. Number block on right side of keyboard does not work. ..

Make sure you have num lock on.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501286/keyboard-number-block-on-right-side-of-keyboard-does-not-work/
Relevancy 79.98%

Alright I have a unique problem with my keyboard, that seems more or less of a software issue than a hardware issue. For some strange reason, every few minutes my laptop keyboard will stop working for no reason. But when I restart the computer, or go into standby and then turn the computer back on, it works fine. I checked device manager and event viewer and there is nothing to give hint as to why this is happening.

So what gives?! Anyone have any advice?

A:Laptop keyboard suddenly stops working, but works upon standby/respawn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-suddenly-stops-working-but-works-upon-standby-respawn.874142/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Dell Inspiron runing with Windows Vista My disc drive wasn't reading the disc so I followed these instructions http support microsoft com kb Windows Vista Click Keyboard >:( won't Laptop work and Touchpad Start and then click All Programs Click Accessories and then click Run Type regedit and then click OK If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation type the password or click Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad won't work >:( Allow In the navigation pane locate and then click the following registry subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE In the right pane click UpperFilters Note You may also see an UpperFilters bak registry entry You do not have to remove that entry Click UpperFilters only If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry To do this go to step On the Edit menu click Delete When you are prompted to confirm the deletion click Yes In the right pane click LowerFilters Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry unfortunately this content cannot help you any further Go to the quot Next Steps quot section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site On the Edit menu click Delete When you are prompted to confirm the deletion click Yes Exit Registry Editor Restart the computer I deleted both the upper and lower filters the restarted my computer The drive worked like new except my keyboard and touchpad and volume keys wouldn't My external mouse works and i can quot type quot using an on-screen keyboard which is unacceptable And for whatever reason my internet doesn't work I double click on the icons and nothing happens though at the status bar below it says i have a signal I called up Geek Squad which I should have done first and the guy there said that I'd deleted the keyboard's 'keys' which I'm assuming is some sort of programming from the register He said that I could either re-install windows or look online for the correct keys and reinstall them which sounds WAY easier than reinstalling windows I have no idea how to do that and don't want to screw up my computer any more than it already is Help on this would be GREATLY appriciated Thanks in advance

A:Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad won't work >:(

If you need more info on my computer, just ask and tell me where I can find the information and I'll get it. ^^;

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/268874-laptop-keyboard-touchpad-wont-work.html
Relevancy 78.26%

the bottom half of my laptop does not work.. im typing with an on screen keyboard and a plug in mouse but here is the story.. it was thundering out and it was pretty bad so then the lights flickered, shutting down my xbox (i was playing that) and my computer was STILL plugged in so i think it might have fried something or loose wires.. this all was on like 6/24/2010... still messed up today, so.. any one know something that can be done?? besides taking it to best buy? it was an christmas gift and i took it in 1 time before for, it had an active worm virus in it so it is in good condition and its the whole keyboard spared all the ports.

A:keyboard wont work for laptop

It does sound like the storm damaged it. If it is still under warranty then take it back immediately.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-wont-work-for-laptop-494211.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I have been having problems lately with some of the keys on my laptop keyboard. Sometimes when I press some of the keys they won't work, and sometimes pressing a letter once will make it register twice in a Word document. The laptop is about 4 years old, and I know that you can't do anything really about a laptop KB since it's built in, but is there anything I could try to see if I can fix the problem? It doesn't happen all the time...maybe I just need to buy some KB cleaning supplies to try and get under the keys?

Thanks in advance..

A:Keys on laptop keyboard won't work?

I had a HP that had similar problems, and it was indeed a bad keyboard. Luckily for me it was still under warranty. For low tech cleaning, you might try some compressed air to blow out dust/hair etc around the keys. If it is a bad keyboard, you may be able to replace it yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-on-laptop-keyboard-wont-work.219497/
Relevancy 78.26%

Ok i own Fujitsu Siemens AMILO notebook pa 3515 laptop(runing win vista).
So recently i have this problem that is driving me mad.
After i type password and login, if my laptop is charging, the keyboard stops working(touchpad also). This is when im only charging my laptop. The problem is getting worse. Now i cant launch my laptop without it charging. I also cant shut it down cuz the shutdown button wont work. The only way to shut it down is to pull the battery out. If i shut it down fr0m start menu, instead of shutting down a white screan appears and just stays there. Please any help would be greatly appriciated.

A:Laptop keyboard doesnt work

please i need help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.977317/
Relevancy 78.26%

first thanks in advance to anyone who helps me with this problem. I'm jose.
A couple of weeks ago my keyboard on my laptop stop working properly. When i hit the tab button, it won't work. If i hit the shift button on the left side of my keyboard it won't work. I have to click on the shift button on my right side of my keyboard to use the secondary symbols like @#$%^&^&. My backspace button don't work properly and i have to hit it like 0 times so it can delete one letter. So its very frustrating trying to do anything. Please advice as to what I have to do or what virus i have. Thanks once again;-)

A:Laptop keyboard don't work properly...

Have you tried using a USB keyboard first?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/421520/laptop-keyboard-dont-work-properly/
Relevancy 78.26%

Thought maybe I had a virus, none found. Upgraded to Win 10 From 8.1, no help. Hooked up external keyboard works great. Device Manager says keyboard is ok. Support says loose keyboard connector but how is device manager not picking that up? Any other ideas?

A:Keyboard on my V5-572p laptop will not work even a...

Turn it off and unplug it.Turn it over and find the pinhole in the bottom. With a paperclip, press into the hole until you feel a click and hold it for 5 seconds. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Keyboard-on-my-V5-572p-laptop-will-not-work-even-at-login/td-p/430494/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi So I bought from iBuyPower do keyboard work laptop's not on keys Some my a laptop a year ago It's been pretty good overall Very fast but there were a Some keys on my laptop's keyboard do not work few quirks with it here and there Sometimes it randomly blue screened but those problems went away after some driver Some keys on my laptop's keyboard do not work fixes But then after about six months the keyboard started to behave strangely--specifically some keys do not respond on the bottom part Some keys on my laptop's keyboard do not work of the keyboard I used KeyboardTester here to figure out which keys were not working for sure Keyboard Tester And here are the results The following keys do not work unless I press hard really hard on the key Left arrow numpad's and left arrow right control The following keys absolutely do not work as far as I can tell as hard as I'm willing to press Left control fn windows key numpad's home end I could care less about home or windows I can work without those But my muscle memory works with left control and fn is a very useful key to have But I absolutely need my left arrow key to work without a hard press A while later something broke in the laptop that caused it to stop charging and after taking it in to Supergeeks for repairs it seemed that not only did it stop charging but the jack thing that is used to take in energy from the character was FRIED and the motherboard itself may have fried too when they tried to boot the laptop it displayed a pure white screen so we ended up sending it to iBUYPOWER directly since it was still under warranty We didn't do so at first because we heard that sending it in could take weeks It indeed took weeks Eventually we got it back That's where I am now today Good news The laptop works Bad news The keyboard is even worse Before all of the keys worked if I pressed hard enough tilted the laptop slightly in an odd way But now some as stated above absolutely do not work And I literally just got this back from them What's going on Help I'm at a loss Extra information The problem keys are all located either on the bottom left ctrl fn window the mid-bottom right right ctrl left arrow the bottom right numpad or the top right home end of the keyboard

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127865-some-keys-my-laptops-keyboard-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello,
I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 5558 laptop two days ago. I turned on this laptop and the keyboard doesn't work. I have used the screen keyboard to finish the configuration (date, time, name and more), thinking that the problem was in the configuration, but not.
What's the problem? How Can I solved it?
Thanks. ;)

A:My laptop keyboard doesn't work

1. Right click Start's button( or press windows key and X key at the same time)
2. Click Control Panel
3. System And Security
4. System and Maintenance, a) Stroll down a little, b) Troubleshoot common computer problem
5. Look to the left side of the page - click " view all "
6. Click on Hardware And Devices

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19667885
Relevancy 78.26%

I have a Dell work won't Laptop Keyboard :( and Touchpad Inspiron runing with Windows Vista My disc drive wasn't reading the disc so I followed these instructions http support microsoft com kb Windows Vista Click Start and then click All Programs Click Accessories and then click Run Type regedit and then click OK If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation type the password or click Allow In the navigation pane locate and then click the following registry subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad won't work :( Class D E -E - CE-BFC - BE In the right pane click UpperFilters Note You may also see an UpperFilters bak registry entry You do not have to remove that entry Click UpperFilters only If you do not see Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad won't work :( the UpperFilters registry entry you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry To do this go to step On the Edit menu click Delete When you are prompted to confirm the deletion click Yes In the right pane click LowerFilters Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry unfortunately this content cannot help you any further Go to the quot Next Steps quot section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site On Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad won't work :( the Edit menu click Delete When you are prompted to confirm the deletion click Yes Exit Registry Editor Restart the computer I deleted both the upper and lower filters the restarted my computer The drive worked like new except my keyboard and touchpad and volume keys wouldn't My external mouse works and i can quot type quot using an on-screen keyboard which is unacceptable And for whatever reason my internet doesn't work I double click on the icons and nothing happens though at the status bar below it says i have a signal I called up Geek Squad which I should have done first and the guy there said that I'd deleted the keyboard's 'keys' which I'm assuming is some sort of programming from the register He said that I could either re-install windows or look online for the correct keys and reinstall them which sounds WAY easier than reinstalling windows I have no idea how to do that and don't want to screw up my computer any more than it already is Help on this would be GREATLY appriciated Thanks in advance

A:Laptop Keyboard and Touchpad won't work :(

Run a system restore -
START | type rstrui - choose restore point prior to registry editing

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-and-touchpad-wont-work-459026.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 77.83%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 77.83%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Here's the deal. Last time I used my laptop (Asus Aspire) it didn't respond so I just closed it and didn't turn it off correctly.

When I turn it on now it logs on but neither my keyboard or mousepad works. Doesn't work with an external keyboard or mouse either.

Anyone knows what to do?

A:Keyboard and mousepad doesn't work on my laptop

Off course I mean ACER Aspire.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mousepad-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop-310538.html
Relevancy 77.4%

A couple days ago, my keyboard and touchpad mouse stopped working. I thought it was a hardware issue and ordered a replacement keyboard. As for the touchpad, I'm just using a wireless mouse. I replaced the keyboard a couple days later with the new one, and when I turned on my laptop, it works again, but when I put my laptop to sleep and wake it up, I hit enter, and then it stops working. I cannot type anything until I restart my computer. I figured it has to do something with the drivers, but I'm not too sure. Here is my computer specs:

Product: HP Pavilion dv9700
Model: dv9925nr
Windows 7 home premium 64bit

I've gone to the HP website to get the drivers, but they do not support windows 7 for my computer.

A:Laptop keyboard does not work after sleep and touchpad

try changing the power plan, as you said when it goes to sleep, it stops working. Ty changing it to high performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/222808-laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-after-sleep-touchpad.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Its been like this for 3 days, my enter, ctrl, up, left, right keys doesn't work. I tried them with on screen keyboard and there it worked. I am having a hard time without these keys and i replaced this keyboard like 7 months ago. Can someone help me with this
Sometimes they do work but they only work one time and than they act weird (like my mouse clicking when i hover on something) backspace working by itself when i try to write something

A:Some keys in my laptop keyboard doesn't work

Ninetails mate try running these for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f switch in the command line as per Option2

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download frombleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339967-some-keys-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop and while recently doing some computer maintenance to get rid of some malware, I most likely screwed up my computer. At the Windows 7 user login screen, my mouse and keyboard are non-responsive. I don't think this is a problem with the actual hardware because I can access the boot menu with F12 when I boot it up. Appreciate any help.

A:Keyboard/Mouse doesn't work on my laptop

Do you have access to your windows installation cd?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357492/keyboardmouse-doesnt-work-on-my-laptop/
Relevancy 77.4%

EDIT The short version first Everytime I try to run the HOTKEY drivers for my laptops backlit keyboard I get an error telling me that they have stopped working The long version If anyone could help me with this problem that has been annoying me for the past months it would be greatly appreciated I have a Clevo P sm laptop Windows Home SP It came with drivers hotkey that were supposed to control the backlit keyboard already installed various colours brightness etc This didn t work out of the box I then downloaded and installed some custom backlight keyboard software designed for the Clevo s Link to it here Backlight Controller with LightFX clevomods This actually worked the program ran fine and I was able to change the colours etc But it only lasted a week and then stopped working I simply couldn t figure out what was wrong I tried the latest Clevo drivers and a reinstall of the custom software and I got a Windows message saying this quot Exception caught the type initializer for threw an exception Runtime terminating true InnerException System InvalidOperationExeptopm Cannot open OutLLog on machine Windows has not provided an error code-- gt System ComponentModel Win for work keyboard drivers laptop won't Backlit Exception The interface is unknown ---End of inner exception--- quot and it goes on like that That was a few months ago Recently I tried to install the latest hotkey drivers released by Clevo They are actually for the Clevo P sm-A the latest model but I though what the hell But am again getting an Windows error message quot HKeyTray has stopped working quot Under the details of the message it says quot C Users Horize AppData Local Temp WER tmp WERInternalMetadata xml C Users Horize AppData Local Temp Backlit keyboard drivers won't work for laptop WER F tmp appcompat txt C Users Horize AppData Local Temp WER F tmp mdmp quot As you can see I have no idea what this means The backlight still turns on with the laptop in the default blue colour but I have no way to control it If anyone can shed any light on this matter or even better yet solve it it would mean a hell of a lot because its been bugging me for so long and I spent too much on the damn thing to have it annoy me this much Thanks in advance Oh one more bit of information that I m not sure is relevant or not but I ll include it When I bought the laptop the online shop that I bought it from accidentally sent me the laptop without either of the hard drives in SSD and normal They apologised and sent out the hard drives the next day and Windows was pre-installed on the SSD so that when I turned the computer on for the first time it didn t need me to install it Again not sure if that s relevant but Backlit keyboard drivers won't work for laptop hope it helps anyone willing to give the problem a shot a solving it Thanks again nbsp

A:Backlit keyboard drivers won't work for laptop

You mean that you can't install the drivers for your keyboard, i just have the same issue with my HP 2000, it turned out that the driver file that i have is out of date, and the program named DriverIdentifier has helped me, you can try it (http://www.driveridentifier.com) , when you register, remember to select to use as personal so that they will give you free access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/backlit-keyboard-drivers-wont-work-for-laptop.1129564/
Relevancy 77.4%

My daughters laptop is a 2-1 so it can fold in half and be a tablet. I recently bought a monitor and mouse so she could use it more like a desktop but when I fold over the laptop into the tablet position, the keyboard stops working.

I had windows 8.1, but upgraded as it was supposed to have a tablet mode that you could toggle that would allow the keyboard to work. I upgraded and it worked for one night, but now the keyboard always stopped working when I put the laptop into the tablet position.
I hit the windows key +A and the tablet icon is greyed out, but no keyboard so I thought it was a laptop issue. I read that there was a toshiba exe file that controlled this functon, but deleting it didn't work either so I am back to thinking it might be something in 10?

Please help.

A:I want my laptop keyboard to work when in table position

Originally Posted by ricobico

My daughters laptop is a 2-1 so it can fold in half and be a tablet. I recently bought a monitor and mouse so she could use it more like a desktop but when I fold over the laptop into the tablet position, the keyboard stops working.

I had windows 8.1, but upgraded as it was supposed to have a tablet mode that you could toggle that would allow the keyboard to work. I upgraded and it worked for one night, but now the keyboard always stopped working when I put the laptop into the tablet position.
I hit the windows key +A and the tablet icon is greyed out, but no keyboard so I thought it was a laptop issue. I read that there was a toshiba exe file that controlled this functon, but deleting it didn't work either so I am back to thinking it might be something in 10?

Please help.

The 2-in-1s I've been privileged to look at appeared to have a mechanical switch to turn off the keyboard when it was folded into tablet mode, don't think there's anyway to bypass that without physically disabling it by taking the device apart, could end up destroying it.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38657-i-want-my-laptop-keyboard-work-when-table-position.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Please help.

A:I want my laptop keyboard to work when in tablet position

Originally Posted by ricobico

Please help.

The 2-in-1s I've been privileged to look at appeared to have a mechanical switch to turn off the keyboard when it was folded into tablet mode, don't think there's anyway to bypass that without physically disabling it by taking the device apart, could end up destroying it.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38657-i-want-my-laptop-keyboard-work-when-tablet-position.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello everyone. I have one big problem. I reinstalled my 8.1 pro (legal copy, disk been fully formatted) and it was okay for few hours. Next time im starting the laptop, my keyboard and touchpad doesnt work. I plugged USB mouse and keyboard and it works just fine. I went to device manager and besides Standart PS/2 keyboard and mouse icons there was orange triangle meaning that i have problem with drivers. I searched drivers online, but unsuccsessily.. After few hours of trying to fix it, my Standart PS/2 Keyboard turned into Unknown device and now im completely lost. Adding photo of device manager, i hope someone will help me here.

A:8.1 pro laptop keyboard and touchpad doesnt work

Since we do not know the make and model of your laptop.
Should try the laptop manufacturer's website to see if you can find the drivers for this. Does look like there missing.

What does it tell you when you right click the ones with yellow exclamation points ?

You can right click and select update driver software, either search automatically or browse your computer, select signed driver from the list is shows you.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54019-8-1-pro-laptop-keyboard-touchpad-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Within the last week my Sony Viao laptop keyboard started acting up. The dash key, delete key, home key, no. six key, and a few others just don't work anymore. More and more are not working.

I use it everyday, several years old. I do eat food over it occasionally. Tried cleaning under the keys. Didn't fix.

A virus (I had a recent virus attack so bad had to reformat hard drive; but keyboard worked immediately afterward).

Any guidance greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I'll soon lose all keyboard functioning and will be up the creek. I don't have a lot of money, can't just buy a new computer.

Sony Viao laptop
PIII, 25six ram
11 gig hard drive
Windows 2000 pro final service pak rollup

Relevancy 77.4%

So as the title says the keys on the top of my laptop Under the F Numbers Laptop Keyboard work wont on keys don t work in the sense that they give a jumble of symbols more than one number rather than what it should So from left to right finishing at the backspace this is what i get What you should normally get is on the left and what i got is on the right Doesn t give any number it just opens a new tab in the browser - - - With Shift amp amp amp - Sometimes it works alright and other Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work times this is what happens Though this is the longest period of time that it has been messed up for Also all the other keys work fine System Specs Also i Numbers on Laptop Keyboard wont work haven t spilt anything really on there I did spray my keyboard with some disinfectant a few times to clean it and stuff but other than that no copious amounts of liquid Please help me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/numbers-on-laptop-keyboard-wont-work.1048830/
Relevancy 77.4%

Ever since I've upgraded my dad's laptop to Windows the keyboard and touchpad stop working keyboard randomly touchpad and Laptop not do work randomly and would work only after I Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work restart the computer logging off switch user standby mode doesn't resolve it There is no pattern Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work to it Sometimes it would be ok for a few days sometimes it would happen again after a few hours I mostly do internet browsing on the laptop When the problem occurred - The keyboard AND the touchpad would both stop working at the same time - USB mouse still works I Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work do not have an external keyboard to test - The lights on the keys themselves eg caps lock wifi would still remain on if they're activated but cannot be toggled on off as usual - The device manager still showed no problems with the mouse or keyboard Things I've tried - sfc scannow - disabled sticky keys - used the generic drivers for keyboard and touchpad - reinstalled the drivers for keyboard and touchpad - updated to the latest synaptics driver - made a new synaptics trackpad profile - disabled touchpad when using the USB mouse Laptop stats HP Pavillion dm - AU Windows Home bit upgraded from Win and then reset to a fresh state AMD Radeon HD Graphics GB RAM Synaptics Driver Version Jul Synaptics PS Port TouchPad Lenovo ThinkPad PS keyboard This is very exasperating I would appreciate some help in stopping this problem permanently thanks

A:Laptop keyboard and touchpad randomly do not work

I am having the same problem. Is there any update on this ??

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/18966-laptop-keyboard-touchpad-randomly-do-not-work.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 76.97%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 76.54%

I'm using windows 8 pro which I upgraded from windows 7 home premium in january. After the upgrade, my e key stopped working. After another few months, more keys stopped working and now, no keys are working. What do I do?

A:Laptop keyboard doesn't work after upgrade to windows 8

does an external keyboard work

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/30185-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-after-upgrade-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have a HP G62 notebook and running Windows 7 home premium. In the last few days, if I walk away from the computer for a few minutes, the screen goes blue (I assume into sleep or hibernate mode) and usually I can just move the mouse or press a key and the icons come back up but now, the keyboard and mouse do not work at that point and I have to do a hard reboot. Also, I noticed that when double clicking icons or webpages, the computer sometimes does not respond at all. Any ideas of what could be happening?

Relevancy 76.54%

So I was using Windows 8 on my Samsung laptop, but a little while ago I decided to switch it to windows 7 home premium 64 bit since I didn't really like 8.. since then a lot of the build in keyboard functions have stopped working (understandably). Most of the F1-12 keys would control things like volume, screen brightness, wifi connection etc. I can live without using most of them since they are able to be changed elsewhere, but the one thing I can't figure out how to use is the keyboards backlight. it worked when the computer was running windows 8, so obviously it HAS the hardware, but I don't know if windows 7 recognizes that it's there. Any ideas how to fix

A:Laptop keyboard backlight won't work after switching to windows 7

Hello and welcome spirit some decent system specs would be helpful mate because we need to know what we are working with http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html

Now this is similar to a problem that I had with my new Asus laptop that had 8 and I had to make changes in the BIOS for certain things to happen like booting 7 for example. So as I have already said the specs please before we can even make a start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/361266-laptop-keyboard-backlight-wont-work-after-switching-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Please help urgent, My laptop keyboard will not work and type anything. i done a system restore back 2 says and still noting ive gone to settings to keyboard and uninstall etc and still does not work was working fine the day b4 and not used it since just been on charge the mouse pad works  and external keyboard. unable to get no further than the sugn in screen please help urgently use the laptop for work .

Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

On my laptop when it is turned on XP boots up to the login screen.
But the touchpad and keyboard don't respond to any commands.
I can't get into the Bios because the keyboard doesn't work. Even a mouse
connected via the usb won't work.
Caps lock doesn't eluminate once pressed either?
Does it sound terminal?
Thanks,

Graeme.

Relevancy 76.54%

Have an old asus laptop that i use very little. I noticed that when i type something ... nothing shows up.

I open up google. I type keyboard letters into google... nothing shows up. However when i click the letter F... it would seem to click on the top right corner where the 3 horizontal lines are located right under the X. The google chrome settings.

I then use my touchpad or regular mouse. When i try to click on anything like picture i have or video etc or icons on my desktop.. it would open up the properties. Does anyone know how do i fix this issue? Basically i cannot type any letter anywhere.

A:Laptop Keyboard Doesn't Work Very Strange Issue

Basically anything i click on does this... unless i click on start menu and then click on the program. Thus if i click on say avast or a program on desktop, it shows the properties of it. If i click on program using start menu... it does show up.

I scanned using malwarebytes. It did mention something trojan.something but i removed it. But this is using malwarebytes free. I have avast as well but doesnt detect anything.

Its definitely not number lock. I tried this.

The other thing that was strange was after a while... suddenly the mouse and touchpad it did click. But then when i shut the lid of my computer down then opened it up... have same issue. So same problem.

The thing though is i did recently go to certain sites where they have passwords for adult sites... and used it to log in etc. Could this be the cause of it? Thus i used a login and password from someone who posted free username/pass for an adult site.

heres another strange thing. When i click on tab... it would display all the windows i have opened in like a ruler... then each time i press tab... it would go to each window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/395896-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-very-strange-issue.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I have an Asus R510D laptop, which originally came w/ Windows 8 installed. I downgraded to Windows 7, and the very first time I booted, everything was fine. Ever since then, after boot, at the login screen, the keyboard does not allow me to type my password. However, I am able to use the function keys, which is the workaround I've found for this issue.

After booting and reaching the login screen, I must put the keyboard to sleep, then awaken it, for the keyboard to function properly. I've tried updating the driver, but it doesn't solve the issue. I was wondering if anyone had come across an issue like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jeff

A:Laptop Keyboard Doesn't Work Properly After Boot

You did mean R510DP right? That laptop does not support Win 7. Have you tried installing the Win 8 drivers in Compatibility Mode

Asus R510DP Driver & Tools Just a thought.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/399976-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-properly-after-boot.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I have an Asus R510D laptop, which originally came w/ Windows 8 installed. I downgraded to Windows 7, and the very first time I booted, everything was fine. Ever since then, after boot, at the login screen, the keyboard does not allow me to type my password. However, I am able to use the function keys, which is the workaround I've found for this issue.

After booting and reaching the login screen, I must put the keyboard to sleep, then awaken it, for the keyboard to function properly. I've tried updating the driver, but it doesn't solve the issue. I was wondering if anyone had come across an issue like this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jeff

A:Laptop Keyboard Doesn't Work Properly After Boot

You did mean R510DP right? That laptop does not support Win 7. Have you tried installing the Win 8 drivers in Compatibility Mode

Asus R510DP Driver & Tools Just a thought.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399976-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-properly-after-boot.html
Relevancy 76.54%

My laptop's keyboard doesn't not work, Tomorrow at night work properly

Solved!
View Solution.

A:My Compaq presario laptop's keyboard doesn't work

What we can do to solve this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-Compaq-presario-laptop-s-keyboard-doesn-t-work/td-p/5629266
Relevancy 76.11%

I already have the issue that when I put my E to sleep and wake it up again that the keyboard and touchpad do not work So I have disable the sleep options in the BIOS Now I run into different issues Yesterday I booted the laptop and it hang on the DELL logo After a while it stated that - External to - resons E5570 do display/keyboard/mouse work display, Black Latitude no keyboard/touchpad my EFI file would not be correct Force reboot and it booted straight to Windows What s more annoying is the fact Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work that the laptop boot the DELL logo is shown and then the screens go s black as if it s not connected SO it looks like it hangs BUT an external monitor through HDMI does work and show the windows logon The keyboard and touchpad also do not work External mouse and keyboard do work So pretty much I got a brick when I do not have external display keyboard and mouse available When I reboot the laptop it works fine again Am I the only one with this Loads of issues with the laptop and wondering if I just have a faulty laptop Clean Windows Pro install is done times Used the nbsp DELL Command Update to install all drivers and patches Issues keep existing

A:Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work

I have been spending a lot of hours in troubleshooting this week.
Diagnostics are 100% ok.
Reinstalled Windows 10 about 15 times.Installing drivers by hands, installing drives trhough the dell update management application.The issues keeps existing.
To sum the them up:- Cold boot (laptop is off) to Windows. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and they work again)- Resume from sleep. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and the work again)
After I got the laptop I installed 32Gb of RAM and an 512Gb Samsung 950Pro PCIE M.2 NVME drive.The drive should be support as Dell states on the product page and in the manual that PCIE with NVME is supported.
"Advanced features, like industry-leading M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe/NVME solid state drives, provide data transfer speeds up to 4x faster over traditional hard drivers. "
In order to get the drive visible and running on PCIe I had to disable the sata controller in the BIOS.This way the drive is detected in Windows as an PCIe NVME capable drive.
Just to verify if the issues I went back to default with the delivered 256Gb M.2 sata drive and 8Gb RAM.To install Windows I had to turn the Sata controller back on.
Installed the drivers manually updated WIndows and tested.The issues do NOT occur.
Retested by installing the drivers using the Dell Update Application.The issues do NOT occur.
So I figured out that the SATA controller somehow is the guilty part for all the issues.I mean when enabled to ACHI or RAID the sleep and non working keyboard/touchpad issues do not occur.
When disable the issues DO occur.

So DELL can you please tell me how I can fix this as you state PCIe NVME drives are supported??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675844
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi guys I'm at a bit of a loss it's just after am here and I already feel like mixing myself a martini to ease the tension Yesterday I did a fresh install of XP Pro on an Mhz PIII MB ram GB HD generic box Not sure yet what kind of mobo I have Basically the keyboard is refusing to work not even at the POST so I can't get into the BIOS to play around During one of the many ensuing reboots before XP loaded I got message saying that there is a hardware issue and that I should go into the BIOS to alleviate the problem Ha That only happened once though-- after that no more messages came up Initially after installing damn work. keyboard Keyboard... won't the XP the keyboard worked fine but then I installed SP and that's when my problems began Everything else seems to be working ok but the keyboard is sitting down with it's arms folded and lower lip pushed out saying it doesn't want to play anymore Any ideas Anyone Bueller Thanks a bunch snej

A:Keyboard... the damn keyboard won't work.

Is this a PS/2 keyboard, or a USB? If it's USB, perhaps the USB ports got disabled in the bios somehow. If that's the case, you may need a PS/2 keyboard connected so you can access the bios, and enable the USB keyboard support.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-the-damn-keyboard-wont-work-55199.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I'm having a rather incredible problem with Windows Pro Sometimes after booting my notebook's keyboard doesn't work at all Some facts about all this to inform the diagnosis The keyboard doesn't work in Windows it does in the UEFI bios Ie randomly Windows 8: after work laptop doesn't keyboard booting I boot to windows and it doesn't work I then reboot test it in the bios and see that it works I go back to windows and it still doesn't work there It happens randomly maybe once every boot ups Definitly not always I think but aren't sure that it only happens when booting not when coming back from hibernation or sleep Unplugging the battery or the power cord doesn't help I'm fairly careful about malware and I don't think it's related I don't have any malware protection other than Windows' The System section of the Event Viewer only has one apparently relevant event quot The driver Driver WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT WPD quot Notice this is related to a Logitec input driver and I'm having trouble with the notebook's built-in keyboard I never plugged a Logitec keyboard but I did use a Logitec mouse in the past Nevertheless I acted upon that event log Some pages elsewhere The driver Driver WUDFRd Windows 8: keyboard laptop randomly doesn't work after booting failed to load for the device error - Windows Help Forums suggested changing the Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework from Manual triggered to automatic It didn't help It has always solved itself after a random amount of time from a few minutes to an hour but today I won't go back to working There's no warning sign in the device manager The ps keyboard driver has a date though The notebook is an Asus U e https www asus com Notebooks Ultrabooks U E Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide Event details Code - System - Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Guid C A - - D-ABD -E C EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer santiago-asus - Security UserID S- - - - EventData DriverNameLength DriverName ROOT WPD Status FailureNameLength FailureName Driver WudfRd Version

A:Windows 8: keyboard laptop randomly doesn't work after booting

Some additional info:
It was suggested somewhere else that turning off Windows 8's fast boot option would help; it didn't.
I just completed a run of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and found nothing except for 4 autohotkey .bin files that seem ok for the rest of the AVs at virustotal.
Nothing relevant seems to be logged in the System log when the keyboard comes back up.

Thanks again!

(ps where's the edit link?)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-keyboard-laptop-randomly-doesnt-work-after-booting-731849.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi,

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, when I typed on the usb keyboard, nothing happened. So I put it in a different usb port on the laptop, and it still didn't work. So I tried the laptop's own keyboard and still nothing. I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried deleting the keyboard driver from Device Manager but that did nothing. I tried searching for this problem but all the results seem to not apply to this specifically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also... I'm a n00b that knows very little about computers so bear with me

A:Laptop won't recognize keyboard OR external usb keyboard

When you deleted the keyboard driver for the laptop...did you reboot after doing so?

Does your BIOS call for USB  boot via USB device?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573633/laptop-wont-recognize-keyboard-or-external-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didn’t work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi folks I've had success on this forum before and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of IT than me can Cannot and in laptop to keyboard on-screen unresponsive keyboard ? W7 log no suggest Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard a workaround solution Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard to an issue I currently have with a Windows Home Premium laptop This is an old laptop that I only use from time to time but it still has a number of files and photos on it that I don't have saved elsewhere Last time I used the laptop it was acting as if the Ctrl key was being pressed every - seconds which made the keyboard difficult to use because it triggered shortcuts as I tried to type Ctrl O Ctrl S etc Because I don't use the laptop as my main machine I decided that I'd uninstall the keyboard driver from within the Control Panel and just use the on-screen keyboard going forward Following this I powered the machine on a couple of days ago and panicked when I discovered that I couldn't get the Ease of Access dialog box to display on the login screen to allow me to enable the on-screen keyboard It doesn't produce any kind of error it simply does nothing when the button located in the left-hand corner is clicked At this point I was still hopeful that I could get around the issue by connecting a standard USB keyboard but this is also completely unresponsive although it does appear to be getting power from the laptop because the Caps Lock indicator light is lit I've tried a few alternatives connecting the keyboard before powering up during the start up process and also at the log in screen Additionally in the hope that it would automatically install a driver in the background and eventually allow the keyboard to function I left the machine running for about minutes but still nothing So just to confirm the machine has only a single user account set up on it which is password protected I can't proceed past the log in screen at all the laptop's default keyboard is unresponsive Ease of Access OSK dialog box will not display and the standard USB keyboard I have here doesn't appear to be helping either I also considered trying the above in safe mode before realising that I couldn't even do that without a keyboard unless there's another way of accessing this that I'm not aware of Any ideas - Thanks

A:Cannot log in to W7 laptop – unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard

If you are just interested in recovering your data to save elsewhere you could purchase an external enclosure for about $8.00 at Newegg, remove the HDD from the laptop and install it in the external enclosure.  You can then attach it to another computer via a USB cable (which comes with the enclosure) and access your data to recover what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591884/cannot-log-in-to-w7-laptop-unresponsive-keyboard-and-no-on-screen-keyboard/
Relevancy 75.25%

My grandmother was in the middle of typing an email. When she hit the shift key to make a capital letter, a box about sticky keys came up, and now neither keyboard will work. She has restarted the computer, unplugged/re-plugged in the auxilary keyboard, (before, even with the auxilary keyboard plugged in, she could still use the laptop keyboard), pressing the scroll lock key didn't do anyting either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kirsten

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-auxilary-keyboard-not-working.829998/
Relevancy 74.82%

Spilled about 1l of water on my entire laptop...
I wiped water from it, and turned it on. The only parts that don't work: Mouse, Keyboard.
What should I do?
P.S: In the BIOS the keyboard works(and other stuff before the OS actually loads)

A:Spilled water on entire laptop, mouse and keyboard dont work.

First and foremost ...... are you SURE everything is dry inside? I spilled about a half glass of water on mine last winter and it was a couple of hours before it was dry enough for me to even try it. In my case I was lucky as everything was fine. Have you tried a system restore to a point before this happened? (I know I know... but simple things first.) An sfc/scannow will check for corrupted/bad system files and possibly repair them, have you tried that? Heres a link to a tutorial on how to do that : SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/300762-spilled-water-entire-laptop-mouse-keyboard-dont-work.html
Relevancy 74.82%

i have a emachines E725 laptop, pentium dual core CPU, T4400 2.20 ghz, 3gb, 64 bit
at random times the keyboard goes out (it doesn't type) it's only a couple months old which is odd. I usually just switch user and log out then resign in and the keyboard is back in use.

what could be causing this?

driver update? not too sure.

A:Solved: eMachines Laptop Keyboard doesnt work at random times?

bump?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-emachines-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work-at-random-times.920683/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi,

After two days of trying to install 7 pro 64. I worked out that by removing 2gb of ram I was able to install 7 without any problems. Before it would take hours and then eventually give up. If i try to add the other 2gb stick of ram it hangs at the windows logo.

Ive tried 7 32 bit and that worked fine with 4gb. Also vista 64 bit and that was fine also.

Any suggestions?

2.4ghz dual core, corsair ram, asus pn532 something, 1tb sata

A:Works fine with 2gb but doesnt work at all with 4gb?

We are discussing this already, as we have many times. Have a look.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit doesn't support 4GB RAM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31313-works-fine-2gb-but-doesnt-work-all-4gb.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm running Windows XP, Service Pack 3, 2002 version, Internet Explorer 8. Whenever I try and run Internet Explorer, it says that it can't display the page, for whatever reason, suggesting I diagnose connection problems. I've uninstalled all the toolbars I can find, but that doesn't help a bit. Yet I can properly browse the internet perfectly fine with Firefox 3.5.

It's worth noting two things: I recently had a virus infect the computer, posing as antispyware, which I had to wrestle with for an entire morning before Spybot S&D got rid of it. The second is that the MSHTML.DLL (when i use the command regsvr32 mshtml.dll in the Run window) "loads, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered."

Is there anything I can do about this? Any more information you might need?

A:IE8 won't work, but Firefox works fine

I actually fixed the problem myself:

I went to 'Internet Options' -> 'Connections' -> 'LAN Settings' -> and unchecked the proxy server option. Worked like a charm. (however, I think this is only for some types of internet connections. As in, it might not work for everyone, but probly will)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-wont-work-but-firefox-works-fine-439186.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi All Windows IExplored - amp Crome- do not work Error net ERR NAME NOT RESOLVED Unable to resolve the server's DNS address IExplorer - works just fine I've been researching my issue for a few days now and have no success inplementing the recommended fixes I've found which included - I'll rip them off for you without looking up the exact phrasing command line winsock flush ets quot bit work. Win7-64 bit 64 fine. No 32 NOT works browser does Turn Windows features on or off quot uncheck restart recheck Complete un-install of windows Internet Explorer and re-install from Windows update module Tools internet options reset There seems to be something fundamental to the Windows Ultimate operating system that is preventing the bit browers from working There are potential issues that I feel may have contributed to this situation I had installed ASUS Gamer OSD When I tried to operate the program it said I had installed a bit version and it would not run on a but system Suspecting this to be a potential cause I tried to unistall it but it would not No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64 go I No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64 bought Uninstall Tool www crystalidea com and used 'force removal' This appeared to largely remove it I then searched the registry with regedit and removed all evidence of GamerOSD amp SmartDoctor wich was installed at the same time as GamerOSD Unfortunately this did not fix No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64 the situation I had also recently installed a Startup delay application to 'feed in' certain startup applications upon booting the system I wasn't happy with how it worked and uninstalled the program AFTER using the startup restore feature I fear the resore feature may not have resored the startup proceedure properly I've scoured through msconfig to see if there was anything obvious but could not come up with anything There appears to be something wrong with a low level operation that does not allow or recognize a bit browser from opperating Any help would be appreciated THANKS

A:No 32 bit browser does NOT work. 64 bit works fine. Win7-64

Welcome to Seven Forums Zippy2Dix. have a look through this thread:

Internet explorer 32-bit does not work, but 64bit does

Particularly a suggestion in post#38

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/201978-no-32-bit-browser-does-not-work-64-bit-works-fine-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Sorry if this is in the wrong category.. :P
anyway, i'm typing this from my laptop because my desktop computer simply won't let me type. The keyboard is fine, i think, it's just that when i type a letter in a text box it doesn't make letters. Instead, it either selects something from the top menu (such as File, Edit, View, Insert, Help, etc., depending on which key i type) or it plays that *bump* noise--the noise Windows XP makes when you try to backspace at the beginning of a text box or something like that. But my keyboard still works perfectly in every other way. So i do not think it's that. If you know how to fix this i'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

A:My computer won't let me type. But keyboard is fine, i think. Please help!

press (alt gr) on you keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-let-me-type-but-keyboard-is-fine-i-think-please-help-626275.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I've got a strange problem and can't seem to find the answer anywhere I have an old Dell desktop PC with two hard drives I'm running Windows on one and Linux on the other I'm using a PS keyboard and mouse which both work perfectly during startup and in Ubuntu However when I load XP the keyboard doesn't work It started about a week ago I boot to XP and the mouse works working keyboard XP; in fine in Linux not fine but as soon as I press a key on the keyboard everything freezes It's the same in Safe Mode I haven't made any changes to the system recently I've tried another PS keyboard and a USB keyboard but the same thing happens I've looked at the BIOS but there was nothing about keyboards there except the option to have Num keyboard not working in XP; fine in Linux Lock on when starting up I've looked at Device Manager but Keyboard isn't even on the list Not even in hidden devices I have a horrible feeling that something is wrong in the Registry about which I know nothing If anyone has any suggestions I'd be really grateful Thanks Sorcha

A:keyboard not working in XP; fine in Linux

Seems that the PS2 keyboard drivers are missing or corrupted.

If you have a Win XP disk load into the drive.

Go to Run type in CMD

at the command prompt type in....

SFC /SCANNOW

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-not-working-in-xp-fine-in-linux-612939.html
Relevancy 72.24%

New PC, no known issues, but the keyboard lags quite a bit.
I just typed that letter I at the start of this sentence, while onscreen it was still laying out the word "quite."

It doesn't delete or backspace in realtime either. Whether I type slow or fast, whether other programs are running or not, and on both of 2 keyboards the problem is the same.

Scanned system for malware online and offline, using trend, eset, panda, ewido, spybot, adaware '07, windows defender and onecare, avast, a squared, avert, kasp online, and yahoo's ca scan and norton scan. nothing nothing and nothing.

nothing else on the system is having memory issues. it's a new computer. pages load quick. acrobat loads quick. aim loads quick. email is working. task man shows no problems.
tried updating drivers, that didnt help.

im thinking keylogger? but how could that be? and if not that, then what?

Relevancy 71.38%

This is complicated hope I work works printer USB to wirelessly connection through ) Can't (which get fine explain reasonably clearly I have been running my Dell XPS M laptop and networking it WIRELESSLY to my Dell Photo All-In-One and printing has been no problem For the internet I have been using AT amp T s DSL through a Wire router The DSL which barely manages a mbps Can't get printer (which works fine wirelessly ) to work through USB connection connection speed is the best connection we can get where we live To boost my speed I added a digital internet connection from Time Warner Cable through which I can receive Road Runner Turbo in my area I use this connection for when I have to do heavy researching on the internet downloading etc It is great -- I get almost mbps So essentially I have a wireless LAN with my AT amp T DSL and another LAN which is through the digital cable modem recently installed by my TWC tech I just have to switch between the two by choosing the network I want to use Problem is I can print just fine using my original wireless network but I have now hooked up an ethernet line USB computer out to printer input between my computer and printer so I can print things off the internet when I am using the digial cable internet connection and it will not print I get the message that communication is not available although my printer shows up in the menu list etc I ve tried re-attaching wires re-booting etc but nothing has worked Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-printer-which-works-fine-wirelessly-to-work-through-usb-connection.916194/
Relevancy 71.38%

I have a PC desktop computer with XP Pro, and I'm running a wired network both at home and at work. At home the computer connects to the internet without a problem. At work I get limited or no connectivity. I've tried other computers on the same internet connection, and they work fine. On the computer from home, I've flushed the IP uninstalled and re-installed the ethernet card, used xp winsock repair software (This usually works on 99 percent of the situations), replaced the cat 5, checked all the tcp-ip settings, tried pinging an ip address, (nothing), and still nothing works. I'm not a novice at this, but I'll be darned if I can think of anything else to try. Help? BTW the work network is running from the modem to a switch. The home network is running from the modem to a router.

Thanks,

Charlie

A:Limited or no connectivity at work, works fine at home

Hi cquante, and welcome to TSG.

Any chance you can post full IPCONFIG /ALL results for the computer when it can not connect at work as well as for one of the computers at work that can connect?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/limited-or-no-connectivity-at-work-works-fine-at-home.857465/
Relevancy 71.38%

Last night my Internet suddenly crashed and now both Internet Explorer and Firefox are unable to connect to the Internet although Skype strangely works perfectly This makes me think it is a DNS issue but I don't know how to proceed I have tried Restarting Resetting winsock IPv IPv dnsflush Changing proxy settings currently there is no proxy Using different connections I am on a browsers don't Skype works work' but Internet fine wired connection although two different wireless connections get the same results System restore When I first tried system restore I chose the nearest point to restore Internet browsers don't work' but Skype works fine to and was met with quot The specific object was not found x quot Clicking run Internet browsers don't work' but Skype works fine system restore then resulted in quot Catastrophic failure x FFFF quot IPv and IPv are both set to automatically aquire DNS and IP Removed Bonjour just to be safe Took down all firewalls Ran a full virus scan I can ping my IP default gateway and DNS servers along with any other IP but I cannot ping URLs Attempting to connect to a URL results in quot Server not found quot and connecting directly to an IP results in a connection time out I'll try to upload what I believe to be the relevant bits of my ipconfig Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Internet browsers don't work' but Skype works fine

Here is my ipconfig screenshot, hopefully this information is helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210218-internet-browsers-dont-work-but-skype-works-fine.html
Relevancy 71.38%

A Cortana one. works fine new work on older computer; won't on few days ago I upgraded my Windows laptop to Windows and took Cortana for a bit of a test drive It wasn't great but it might be useful on some occasions Today I bought a brand new laptop which installed Windows when I powered it on After the installation I was checking things out a bit and wanted to verify that Cortana Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one. was working on the new laptop Cortana promptly told me it was not available in this region This makes no sense to me I was in Southern Ontario Canada both times although in different cities within the area I can't believe that Cortana would work in London Ontario but NOT in Kitchener Ontario which is only an hour east of London Does anyone have any idea how I can coax Cortana to work on the new laptop It's not that it's a must-have app for me but it might be useful on occasion or even fairly often if I give it half a chance

A:Cortana won't work on new computer; works fine on older one.

Hi, have a look at this and see if you can solve your problem.

Cortana isn't supported in the region or language you've selected. - Windows 10 Forums

Win 10 is a bit delicate and can be sensitive to some settings being changed.
There will be other posts discussing this problem- it's not uncommon.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/35050-cortana-wont-work-new-computer-works-fine-older-one.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I get the following error. "The peripheral does not appear to be plugged in"

I've updated the driver and it says the realtek device is working fine. Sound worked just fine on this computer but then stopped. I do not have external speakers. How can I plug in the speakers or fix the problem?

A:My computer speakers do not work but headset works fine.

I suggest you to check if your motherboard supports for your Windows audio drivers

Before that if you change your audio driver ?

http://www.facebook.com/100003250779989

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/221444-my-computer-speakers-do-not-work-but-headset-works-fine.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi,

On my win7 64bit Thinkpad x230i I can no longer type with either the onboard or external keyboards.  The onboard mouse does not work either.  The only thing that does work is an external USB mouse.  

So far I have tried to reinstall the Synaptics drivers from Lenovo, reinstall USB drivers from Lenovo, download a BIOS update, and update Logitech setpoint. None of those worked.  

Also, when I go to Device Manager and I right click on the mouse and keyboards it says that I have the most up-to-date drivers.  I tried to do a System Restore, but Windows says that I do not have have any restore points created.  

Is my only option to reinstall windows?

Thanks in advance!!

A:Onboard keyboard, onboard mouse, and external keyboard do not work--please help

I would go into Device Manager...uninstall the native mouse and keyboard drivers...and then reboot the system.  Those drivers should automatically reinstall with (hopefully) undamaged new drivers that return original functionality.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606289/onboard-keyboard-onboard-mouse-and-external-keyboard-do-not-work-please-help/
Relevancy 70.95%

I m trying to figure out if my problem is my graphics card EVGA GTX GB or my motherboard Biostar TZ A LGA This computer is a brand new build Please click my system specs for more details I have two PCI-E slots There is one x slot and one x slot of the time my machine freezes a few seconds after powering card in work, in Graphics x4 ?? fine works x16 PCI-E doesn't the slot on at the Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ?? BIOS logo screen or a few seconds after that while inserted in the x slot Sometimes it works however yet it is so infrequently that I ve given up on the x slot for now It will even freeze after I ve entered my BIOS settings page even just while browsing around in it The same graphics card in my PCI-E x slot works fine if you ignore the fact that it s running at it s potential speed At least I can boot the machine up I ve spoken with a few different professionals about this and the conclusion is that my problem lies either a with my PCI-E x slot or b with my GTX Apparently the graphics card COULD work just fine in the x slot and still be damaged Now I know that you re going to tell me to try a different card in my computer or try the card in a different computer However that isn t practical for me at the moment I was wondering what you guys think or if anyone has experience with this first-hand What are you leaning towards Mobo or Gfx card nbsp

A:Graphics card in PCI-E x16 doesn't work, works fine in the x4 slot ??

Should also have mentioned that I've run three passes with Memtest86 without any errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-in-pci-e-x16-doesnt-work-works-fine-in-the-x4-slot.1016147/
Relevancy 70.09%

My other laptop and my wii are both connected to my belkin router and work fine but my main laptop keeps losing connection can i please get some help out there.........not very tech savvy.

A:Everything else works fine except for laptop!

We need specific information to help answer your question so would you please repost this with appropriate answers to the questions that pertain to your problem, so we can better help you fix your problem quickly.

Computer: Brand Name & Model #

Age of system and relevant components if different :

CPU: Brand, speed

Ram: Type, amount, speed

Operating system: Windows 98, 98SE, ME, XP Home, XP Pro, Vista or Other

Do you run Anti-Virus software: Brand Name, version #, is it up to date?

For Video or Graphic problems:

Video Card: Brand Name, type, speed, Chipset, driver version and date

Video settings: resolution, advanced settings

For Internet problems:

Modem: Brand name and date of driver

Type connection: dial-up, cable, sat/DSL, other

Browser: IE, Netscape, Firefox, Sea Monkey and version #

For Network problems:

LAN or ethernet card(s) or adapters: Brand, # of cards

Router: Brand name, type

# machines on network

Network settings and IP configuration

Please state your specific problem and when it started

Did you change anything, install any hardware or software before the problem started?

List any recently installed software

List software running in background ie: anti-virus program, mail programs, backup software.
(Run,msconfig,ok,startup) and what is checked

Any power disruption or incomplete shutdowns

Failed Scandisk/chkdsk or defrag attempts

Use of any “tune-up” utilities, registry utilities, system diagnostics, other third party utility software

Recent downloaded software

This information may be of critical importance in locating and correcting the source of your problem. Please note any additional information or detail about the problem that may be of value in our assessment of the problem.

Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/everything-else-works-fine-except-for-laptop-620563.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Recently I'm getting some trouble with my home server and I thought I'll ask here before but work doesn't file/service works sharing fine Display/VNC troubleshooting it myself a bit short on time I didn't notice it for some time because it is fully automated and works by shared resources and telnet I noticed it when I got back home and nothing D lights ventilation and many more are connected to it When I tried to use VNC it failed When I went to the box and checked display there was no BSOD just black screen like when PC is connected to power but turned Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine off After Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine restart everything worked fine I set up some Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine logging and dumps in case of error bsod and left it be After one day I tried to use VNC and it failed display was dead too Services and shares worked FINE tho Power off restart buttons DIDN'T work I had to hold off sec After restart - logs clean no dumps main suspect VGA card What do you think did you ever encountered anything similar What can be failing Most likely OS or hardware error

A:Display/VNC doesn't work but file/service sharing works fine

After some observation VGA is fine, no power problems either. It looks like its a mobo problem (noticed wrong system time). I'll sit through post next time I restart it and reset bios.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/display-vnc-doesnt-work-but-file-service-sharing-works-fine-469899.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 69.23%

I have a laptop (Hp pavillion g7) today i turned it on, used it for a bit and the keyboard randomly stopped working, i rebooted it and it worked again, too good to be true it only worked for about 10 minutes. So the keyboard will work for a bit after i reboot it, extra details, no virus/malware/crapware nothing like that no dust, ive even done a system restore and it ended up deleting half of my programs including my anti virus HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-works-for-a-bit.1084349/
Relevancy 69.23%

Before I left to go somewhere, I pressed a button which was a moon, on my keyboard. The moon key was a shortcut for sleep mode. After I came back home, everything was the same, but when I tried to get out of sleep mode by pressing letters, or moving the mouse, it didn't work. The monitor , and tower is working, but the mouse isn't. We tried pushing in the wires , to see if it was loose, but that didn't work. We tried rebooting, that didn't work either. The monitor light is blinking , the tower is on, I just can't get out of sleep mode. The computer is new, it was working fine and everything this morning, and evening. The monitor is a Samsung with some starlight touch button, the tower is an hp tower, and the keyboard as well, is hp. Right now, we're trying to unplug everything and plug it in...now that didn't work either.

A:Everything works but keyboard?

hi,,,, a HP tower,,,, this should have a recovery partition on the hdd,,,, on boot press f11 i think it is to enter the recovery,,, when in there use the system restore to restore back to before this all happened,,,, if the pc does not have a recovery partition then shove your recovery disc in the drive then boot from the drive and use sys restore in recovery options,,,,http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/system-restore-from-windows-vista-recovery-environment/good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266078/everything-works-but-keyboard/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi
I had posted earlier also in this forum and d prblm got solved as it was a driver issue. Now again i have got a similar prblm but is not a driver issue. I have a P7H55 Asus Motherboard with the ethernet port and cable working fine individually. However, when i connect them together, the ethernet light on the router remains stable as if connected but still the desktop shows not connected. This time i have installed the drivers which came from the motherboard manufacturer and are the latest. In the Network and Sharing Center, the icon is enabled. It does not show cross sign. Please help me out.

Relevancy 68.8%

So I have 2 laptops, a win 7 and a win 8,
The windows 7 laptop works on the internet fine, but the windows 8 one always disconnects, even when the win 7 isn't on.
It disconnects usually when I'm running multiple programs that use the internet on it, but when I run a game like counter-strike, it disconnects too, but not nearly as often.

The router is from 2008 or 2009, but it's a tiny aztech one. I'm sure it's not the isp, because like I said, the other laptop works fine.

A:One laptop works fine, but the other keeps on disconnecting from the internet

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.. Reinstall it if you already have it.

What do you do to regain connection after it has been lost?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-laptop-works-fine-but-the-other-keeps-on-disconnecting-from-the-internet.1085228/