Windows Support Forum

Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

Q: Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

I looked through installation guides for the recommended installation order for correct Install clean the in Installing after order drivers drivers after a clean Windows installation from Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install Windows disc I also spoke to Tech Support but keep getting conflicting advice so I thought I would try posting here The question I have is regarding the Intel Chipset drivers I know that they must be installed first before any other drivers The confusion I have is regarding the Intel AMT HECI drivers Intel Management Engine Interface which are also listed as Chipset drivers Previous Support Technicians have always said that the Intel AMT HECI drivers installation order is not important so can be installed anytime They always say Intel Chipset software must be done first though On Dells site there is a driver order installation guide which shows HECI drivers way down on the installation order too The other day I was speaking to a guy over the phone on tech support who told me that you should install the Intel Chipset software then the HECI drivers next The reason I ask is I did a clean Windows installation only last week I installed the Intel Chipset software first and I have installed other drivers including Graphics and Wireless Network drivers My HECI drivers were installed later Will this cause me problems or will it be OK Any advice would be appreciated Thanks very much in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

There is no order for installing drivers, unless specified, for instance, when you're downloading a driver, you might find a notification that says, "pls install driver xxxxxx before this one".
The reason that it is common to install the main chipset first, is so as to get proper access to peripherals like USB ports, wifi cards, etc, but it truly makes no difference which order you do them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550002/installing-drivers-in-the-correct-order-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 20.64%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi Could anyone please confirm if I buy Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, will I be able to install this on my desktop? Just looks like it only fits for laptops?

Thank you

A:Samsung 850 Evo 500GB, want to install on desktop

There are adapters available if the drive doesn't come with them packaged. The adapters adapt from 3.5" drive bay to 2.5" drive bay.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...scription=hdd+adapter+bracket&N=-1&isNodeId=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-850-evo-500gb-want-to-install-on-desktop.216637/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi all,
I am new to this forum..
To start, I had just bought an ASUS computer.. wanting to play games like borderlands 1, left for dead 2 etc. But, when I was very trilled waiting to start the games, both of them had blacked screen and forced shutdown my computer every time after the game has been launched!
I had done many researches in the net, changing the registry values in directx11, reinstalling the NVIDIA drivers (halfway black screen upon reinstalling), changing the compatibility to Windows 7, adding missing physxcudart_20 to the games...None of them works..T-T
Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:Unable to install Nvidia driver and also to play games on Windows 8.1

I'd recommend to do the following:

Perform a clean install of Windows

Re-install Nvidia drivers
Download CPU-Z and GPU-Z (or any CPU and GPU monitoring software)
Monitor both while attempting to play games - check for temperature spikes.
Doing the above will help you rule out a lot of potential issues that are causing your problems. The clean windows install will get rid of any OS related issues. You never want to touch the windows registry unless you really have to, especially if you're not very well versed in the way it works. It can cause way more harm than good. With that said, the system crashes were probably due to a bad driver instillation and was causing a BSOD - most modern systems are set to restart / shutdown when this happens. You'll never know it happened unless you changed the configuration to stop the automatic shutdown. It could also be temperature related, if your CPU or GPU overheats, it'll typically trigger a system crash as well and result in the same BSOD sequence.

Let me know how it goes after you've tried what I've mentioned.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-nvidia-driver-and-also-to-play-games-on-windows-8-1.213781/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a Gateway NE56R34u Laptop, I tried to check the drivers in device manager and it seems that everything has been installed properly or no missing drivers found but when I tried to check some of my hardware in DXDIAG showing N/A for (operating system, processor video etc.) I also tried to update it or uninstall the driver but still the same help me out please thank you

A:Have drivers but showing in DXDIAG N/A

I also uploaded some information so atleast it will be easier for some to determine my issue thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-drivers-but-showing-in-dxdiag-n-a.215501/
Relevancy 21.07%

In dxdiag option and in Display option all 3 acceleration options are not available in my pc. But I had installed the drivers and hardware for graphics then too it showing not available. Can anybody tell me how can I enable all those 3 options. I have Standard VGA Graphics Adaper.
Here is screenshot for reference -

A:Display Drivers Not Available

And Only Because Of That I am not able to open any game or sofware which requires display graphics. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-drivers-not-available.214649/
Relevancy 20.21%

AMD has finally released a new set of Catalyst beta drivers for Radeon graphics cards, promising performance improvements in two recently-released PC titles: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Project Cars.

Read more

A:AMD releases Catalyst 15.5 beta drivers for The Witcher 3, Project Cars

I dont know why but after 14.4, every driver is causing BSOD and restarts randomly on my R9 290

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-releases-catalyst-15-5-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-project-cars.213498/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 23.65%

My laptop is becoming the storage of dust now. The fan and also keyboard. I want to clean this, can anyone suggest me ay good equipment for this?

A:How can I clean Laptop dust?

You can try using a can of compressed air from Best Buy, Radio Shack or Wal-Mart. Other than that you will have to have it taken apart and cleaned by someone that is familiar with doing this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-clean-laptop-dust.209530/
Relevancy 20.21%

I was harvesting parts from a computer, and I found a couple gigs of RAM. I could always use a couple more gigs, but I don't know if they are compatible -- and I do know that if they are incompatible, it won't work. But, exactly what do I risk by trying it out? Will the system just not boot, so I take it out and it's as if nothing ever happened? Or will attempting such an installation actually result in permanent damage to my system if it's not compatible?

A:What is the worst that can happen when installing incompatible RAM?

Usually all that will happen is the system will not boot or cause blue screens. It is very unlikely the incompatibility will cause additional damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-worst-that-can-happen-when-installing-incompatible-ram.212208/
Relevancy 30.96%

Intel's Compute Stick, the impossibly small computer crammed inside an HDMI dongle, is now available for pre-order running your choice of Windows 8.1 or Linux (Ubuntu 14.04).

Read more

A:Intel's tiny Compute Stick PC is now available for pre-order

I like it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intels-tiny-compute-stick-pc-is-now-available-for-pre-order.211186/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey guys, I've just upgraded my 5 year old pc with almost everything new. I got an Asus Maximus VII Ranger & an i7-4790k cpu & other new stuff except my graphics card & ram, 2 x 8gb Hyper X Fury 1600mhz. What I don't understand is reading the manual about the speed of ram I can install.

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 3200(O.C.)/3100(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2933(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2600(O.C.)/2500(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2200(O.C.)/2133(O.C.)/2000(O.C.)/1866(O.C.)/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.

I would like to install higher speed rams like 2400mhz or higher if possible (are there even 3000++ mhz ddr available? Looking at my local shop, 2400mhz ddr3 is the highest) without overclocking but I'm lost at the " (O.C) " bit. Do I need to overclock them to get at that speed or can I just get rams that are made at that speed? Thanks!

A:Need info on RAM to install on new mobo

The OC means you will need to OC your motherboard to use RAM rated at that speed. If you are not planning on OCing, just get the 1600/1333 Mhz modules.

BTW the average person would never notice the differences in RAM speeds. Memory is not the bottleneck in computing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-info-on-ram-to-install-on-new-mobo.210150/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello all!

I wonder if anyone could help me shed some light on the best process for the above subject.

I currently have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT (Vista 64bit) running two HDD's in RAID 0 (as from factory) I need to install Windows 7 64bit and would like to also install it onto the new SSD I have bought (Crucial 128GB) as an upgrade.

Could I simply take the current HDD's out (after backing up essential data) to keep safe as backup plan and add the SSD into slot 0 and install Windows 7?? Then possibly add say a 1tb storage drive to the system later?

One solution someone has sent my way is to clone the two 500gb RAID 0 drives to a single 1tb drive then install Windows 7 onto the new SSD and have both drives on a multiboot? Could this work?

I have seen/heard many versions of how to go about this install but no real evidence of a true way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Poke13

A:Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

It takes 3-500GB drives to give you 1.3TB of storage space because of formatting over-head. 2-500GB drives will be considerably less than 1TB. Keep the 2-500's in a single RAID array and set the SSD as a separate partition for Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xps-435mt-installing-ssd-and-windows-7-64bit.199415/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello I have an old HP Pavilion n that has - GB DDR PC ram modules but they are being reported in BIOS as only being at PC and I am just wondering if this is the best that this system can do with this speed of ram or is there anything that I can do to get it to run at PC Here are the specs from CPU-Z Mainboard Model - ASUS P B -LA rev Chipset - Intel i D rev Southbridge - Intel BA ICH rev Processor Intel Pentium - GHz - Northwood Clocks Core Core Speed - MHz Multiplier - x Bus Speed - MHz Rated FSB - MHz CPU-Z is reporting that both modules are PC DDR but the BIOS is indicating PC The BIOS does not have the ability to change anything regarding clock settings and the board itself has no jumpers to change so any input would be welcome regarding any suggestions if this system can actually get full usage of the PC DDR GB modules or if it can only run at PC because of the Bus Speed I thought that if Speed Ram reporting BIOS not correct in the board had a MHz FSB it would run DDR PC ram Any advice would be appreciated Thanks Brian nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-not-reporting-correct-speed-in-bios.207737/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello hello After having a problem with my cd dvd drive I rebooted my computer and did a clean install of Windows from my Vista So right now I m running Windows Windows not install (Touch/slider) FN - 7 Clean Keys working I have a VAIO - VGN-CS J Windows looks and feels great so far The only problem is my little sliding touch pad at the top doesn t work I don t know if it s FN keys but on top of my keyboard there s a little sliding touch pad for volume along with a fast forward rewind key I used to be able to slide the volume up from there but now it s not working I looked it up and I know this has to do with my clean install of windows I tried installing a bunch of drivers like everyone said online Sony Shared Libraries Vaio Event Notebook Control Device And a bunch of other drivers that people talked about I don t know what s wrong but it s still not working so I did a system restore to before I installed everything so that I can have a clean slate Can someone please help me fix my volume control slider please Thank you so much nbsp

A:Clean install Windows 7 - FN Keys (Touch/slider) not working

Laptops have extras over and above Windows and if you reinstall the OS or upgrade it you lose these. I've been there and done that with the FZ. It was broken when I bought it and the hard drive had been removed. Fixing the computer was very hard, installing Windows 7 was easy. Afterwards, like yourself I found that the function keys didn't work. Trawling forums and looking for drivers then sorting it out took ages and that was the most challenging part of the whole exercise. Everything necessary was on the Sony support sites but these were not user friendly and I needed to use several Sony sites. Needless to say Sony support were clueless. In the end I got everything functioning but if you can manage with things as they are I'd not bother. One tip, although it might not work with your particular Vaio model is that stuff has to be installed in a particular order otherwise some keys don't work.

That'll teach you to mess with Windows when a cd/dvd plays up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/clean-install-windows-7-fn-keys-touch-slider-not-working.207046/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 17.2%

I decided to upgrade my old hard drive to a new hard drive. When I tried to install Windows Xp on the hard drive it wouldn't let me. I have a Dell Xps 400 bought back in 2006.
The new HD is a WE 1tb. The error codes comes when I try to install windows xp on the hd. It says

I got a blue screen error after clicking enter at the screen where there is no partition found:
Check to be sure you have adequate diskspace. If a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adaptors.

Check with your hardware vendor for any bios updates. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components. Restart your computer, press f8 to select advanced startup options, and select safe mode.

Technical information:

Stop:0x0000008E (0X0000005, 0XF7419CAD, 0XF6FF17E4, 0X00000000)

Setupdd.sys ? address f7419cad base at F73ED000, datastamp 48025277

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-on-trying-to-install-new-sata-hd.204857/
Relevancy 16.77%

I an trying ti install a video graphics card, when I plug in to my pci ex slot and plug in the leads the screen does not work, but the computer does, now I see that I have a pnp monitor but the card and a vga adapter on it, I have tried everything possible but cant get to work, anyone any ideas?????????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-nvidia-quadro-nvs-259-on-windows-7.204678/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a MacBook Pro 15' 2009 edition, and wanted to know how you install a second GPU into it or even simply replace it.
Thanks for any responses.

A:Installing a 2nd GPU Mac?

Nope. Can't do it. (this applies to both your questions)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-2nd-gpu-mac.202646/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

A:System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard

Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-is-very-glitchy-after-installing-new-motherboard.204643/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello all,

I've recently bought a HP Pavilion 15-n252sq laptop, with Free Dos - unfortunately I can't install Windows 7 over it, due to the following error I keep receiveing in the Installation screen:

"Select the driver to be installed" - and regardless of the paths I have and the available folders, I can not seem to proceed wtih the W7 installation.

Please notice that, I've tried to use both a W7 DVD and also a bootable USB drive (and yes, connected in the USB 2.0 port and not USB 3.0 ) - but I always get to the same point where I have to select drivers.

Please also notice that the BIOS doesn't allow me to make any modifications except for some minor ones (like select boot priority, or enable USB 3.0), as the rest of the MAIN features are greyed out .

Can anyone please help me with this issue?

Regards,
Adrian

A:HP Pavilion 15-n252sq - Can not install Windows over Free Dos

You may have to use a program Like KillDisk to reformat the drive. Then try installing your Win 7 DVD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-15-n252sq-can-not-install-windows-over-free-dos.202523/
Relevancy 20.21%

Greetings reader

So im using a Radeon HD 6870 in my MSI 890gxm-g65.
Installed the hardware and when I run it on on-board graphics, windows is able to detect it as ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series. But after installing the driver for the 6870 it asks for a restart.
The BIOS screen is visible but after the windows loading screen the display just goes off, the LCD in on but it's just black screen.

I have a lot of work to do, so ill be really grateful if someone is willing to help me.

Thank You
in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-not-working-after-installing-driver.202017/
Relevancy 20.21%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/
Relevancy 30.1%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hello all,

My friend has a Canon 3-in-1 MF 4010 (Printer-scaner and copier) device. He has lost the manual. Now, how can I see whether is it installed on the machine (Windows 7 32-bit) or not? And if it's not installed how to install it?
Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-the-canon-mf-40-10-3in1.201448/
Relevancy 16.77%

I bought a Samsung 840 SSD (120GB) for my gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 motherboard. I am unable to install win 7 64bit on it. It is a SATA SSD.

I have tried ACHD mode in the BIOS, I have tried IDE mode. The drive works as I have tested it as an external drive on other computers.

I bought the drive specifically to be used as a primary drive.

My regular hard drives work fine on the motherboard.

A:Unable to install SSD on Win7 x64 system

Well, first of all, your motherboard only supports 3GB/s and the 840 is a 6GB/s drive. Just by that you won't really get your moneys worth. And how so are you unable to install? Also can you please list your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-install-ssd-on-win7-x64-system.190141/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have two magnets I removed from a harddrive & am wondering if I move them over the discs, will that wipe the discs clean?

A:Wiping a harddrive clean

Most-likely yes. Magnets are highly destructive to hard drives, and if you pass them over the disks (in an opened case) you will most likely fry any data on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wiping-a-harddrive-clean.200337/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am having Nvidia Geforce 740M 2 GB graphic card .My Graphic card drivers are malfunctionig.The screen starts to flicker when I play games like dishonored ,arkham city etc .I have tried reinstalling the games as well as I have Uninstalled and then again installed my graphic card drivers again. I have even tried the newer versions of my graphic card drivers. But its not helping.

A:Graphic card drivers malfunctioning

Spybat said:

I am having Nvidia Geforce 740M 2 GB graphic card .My Graphic card drivers are malfunctionig.The screen starts to flicker when I play games like dishonored ,arkham city etc .I have tried reinstalling the games as well as I have Uninstalled and then again installed my graphic card drivers again. I have even tried the newer versions of my graphic card drivers. But its not helping.Click to expand...

Your GPU maybe going bad, it happens from time to time and this is based on the fact you have uninstalled everything and tried again. Have you also tried lowering the graphics settings in both games lower to see if that helps? Also try making sure Physx is off because thats very demanding for a 740m since Batman has Physx.

My advice is to seek your notebook manufacturer if nothing I said helps and see if they can replace the card in it. I don't know what else off the top of my head you could try since you have done by the sound of things everything correct.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphic-card-drivers-malfunctioning.200058/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just got the new mouse home, but to enable aim precision and other programmable buttons and need to get the drivers. When I try to download them it says plug in the device, which is already plugged in and I have also tried in different usb ports and safe mode. Anyone with this mouse got it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mad-catz-rat-7-mmo-mouse-drivers-wont-work.199725/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey how's it going. Any help would be great.
Had an older system so got a new motherboard and CPU. Installed it all and then no power when I try to switch it on. The orange modem light comes on but nothing else turns on.

New system-
Motherboard- z87-d3hp
CPU- i7-4770
Gpu- GeForce GTX 460
Ram- Kingston DDR 3
Psu- Shaw p4s6 860w.

Thank you

I also tried putting in one ram card at a time. Taking the graphic card out and using on board. Taking the motherboard out of the case to see if it was shorting out.

A:No power after motherboard install

Ratchetz said:

Hey how's it going. Any help would be great.
Had an older system so got a new motherboard and CPU. Installed it all and then no power when I try to switch it on. The orange modem light comes on but nothing else turns on.

New system-
Motherboard- z87-d3hp
CPU- i7-4770
Gpu- GeForce GTX 460
Ram- Kingston DDR 3
Psu- Shaw p4s6 860w.

Thank you

I also tried putting in one ram card at a time. Taking the graphic card out and using on board. Taking the motherboard out of the case to see if it was shorting out.Click to expand...

By any chance could you post a picture of your computer as it is hooked up right now so we can see if your missing anything. Try to check if the 4pin/8pin connector on the motherboard is hooked up and check for tightness of all the Motherboard connectors to start with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-after-motherboard-install.199528/
Relevancy 31.82%

So I just installed my 8350 about two days ago and I just found out that it isn't running to its full potential. It's running at 2812 MHz. when it should be running at at least 4k MHz. I tried running my game to see if it will go up and maybe its just idle to save power but that did not work. Then I went into my bios and turned off all my C-State (c1e, c6 are the only two I have). And that did not do the trick and I have ran into a brick wall. Please help me.

A:AMD 8350 Not getting correct speed

I have 3 possible solutions to the issue: 1) The CPU is flawed. 2) You are in a power saving Windows state. 3) Your CPU is running hot, which will throttle its speed to something lower.

In order to check whether your PC is in a power saving mode, go to the start menu and type in "power options". Choose the one listed under "control panel". Once you click it, it should bring up a window that tells you what power state you are in. Choose the "Balanced" plan if it is in power saving mode and see if that helps.

Secondly, download and run RealTemp and tell me what the CPU temperature is at idle and when gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-8350-not-getting-correct-speed.199067/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I ve start new after installing vga? won't Games a just bought a new vga Radeon HD I had Games won't start after installing a new vga? GT before Everything was fine I downloaded the drivers played some games and everything was ok Games won't start after installing a new vga? After testing it I decided to uninstall the Nvidia drivers because it seems to me that I didn t need them anymore I did it using the programs and features in Control Panel after restarting the PC the games I tried didn t start Assassin s creed IV Black Flag when I tried to start it nothing happend and nothing changed in task manager Battlefield It says that I need directx which is weird cause I have the newest directx installed on my PC Also KMplayer won t work it doesn t show any video but plays the sound VLC and jetaudio work just fine System Games won't start after installing a new vga? Information OS Windows Ultimate SP Processor Intel Core i CPU Motherboard J amp W JW-H T-PRO RAM GB VGA Radeon HD So what should I do Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games won't start after installing a new vga?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the amd drivers and it got fixed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-wont-start-after-installing-a-new-vga.198393/
Relevancy 20.21%

Need help reinstallintg a wifi connection onto my toshiba laptop M115 S1061. I already downloaded a driver and went through the installation wizard and it still is not working. Please Help, I will be eagerly waiting a response

A:Installing wifi connection on my laptop

Is there by chance a switch on the laptop you need to turn on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-wifi-connection-on-my-laptop.198286/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have an hp pavilion and I just installed a usb card by myself and felt proud that I got it in but when I turned my computer on and inserted the usb card drive disk the optical drive had disappeared from my computer. The optical drive still opens but it keeps automatically closing after about 1 second of it being open. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tried-installing-usb-card-and-broke-optical-drive.198242/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought an Asus H87M-E. I can't install 3 X 3TB hard drive Raid 5 on this board. It is a new board, I can't find Bois update. I created the Raid5. the O/S displays the drives with different sizes 2048, 745, 1875GB. I have no idea what is happening! Tech support said it is windows problem, But I don't buy that. I broke the raid and try to install the O/S on a single drives, but the O/S recognize it as 745GB.

A:Windows 7 - Installing 3TB Drives

Windows normally accept only 2 terabyte in re installing the windows you should make a partition for your new 3TB hdd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-installing-3tb-drives.198158/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi!

I remember when I first lost my Motorolas original CD, I couldn't find the software anywhere to be downloaded and no one that i knew had a motorola rzr mobile phone...

I found my old cd here a few days ago so I made an .iso file of it and uploaded it (as 13 .rar files, the file max size is 50Mb).

Here it is

Tel me if the link doesn't work or something.

http://cid-e198cc24bf261f09.office.live.com/browse.aspx/Motorola Razr?permissionsChanged=1&1

A:Motorola Razr v3 drivers and software

Yep that works for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-razr-v3-drivers-and-software.159146/
Relevancy 30.96%

Finally....

According to those specifications, these are the comparisons- I doubt the card like any other boost assisted board will spend much time at its base frequency, so the lower number can be largely disregarded:

Single precision (theoretical): 4505.6 Teraflops at base clock, 5632 at max boost (as comparison GTX 780: 3978 base/4147 boost and Titan at 4500 base/4709 boost)

Pixel fillrate (theoretical): 35200 - 44000 MPixels/sec ( GTX 780: 41424-43296 and Titan: 40176-42048)
Texture fillrate (theoretical): 140800-176000 MTexels/sec (GTX 780: 165696-173184 and Titan 187488-196672)

7299 Swedish kroner equates to 843 Euro (somewhat higher than the GTX 780 on the same site but substantially lower than Titan) so maybe that BF4 package includes a free mercenary.

[Product page]

A:AMD R9-290X Battlefield 4 pre-order and specifications

Hmm I wonder which kidney I should sell to get 2 of these..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-r9-290x-battlefield-4-pre-order-and-specifications.196828/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure whether this is the correct place to post this (I'm new here). Sorry if it's the wrong place!

So my problem is I am running a laptop on windows XP. Every time I start up the computer, it prompts me to install device drivers (HID-compliant devices and stuff). The weird part is, I've already installed those drivers when I first got the computer. I've learned to just press cancel every time those prompts pop up, but I'm wondering if I'm able to stop them from popping up every single time I start the computer. I'm also curious as to why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3
Processor: Intel core 2 duo
RAM: 2GB DDR3 RAM
Brand: Lenovo R500
Graphics: Intel R 4 series express chipset family (on-board)

A:Drivers always prompting to re-install (windows XP)

I'm far from an expert, but why not let them install to see if it quits prompting you? If all else fails, you can roll them back. After all, they could be "updated drivers". Just my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-always-prompting-to-re-install-windows-xp.196822/
Relevancy 20.21%

My motherboard is a Z77 Asrok Extreme 6.

It has four dimm slots. I have One kit of 8 gigabyte memory from Gskill that is DDR3. 'dual channel' (11-11-11-28) PC 2133.

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?

Here is another better question. What if I buy the exact same memory from Gskill and drop them in as well? So I have two kits of dual channel 8 gig ram for a total of 16 gigs. Both kits would be same type/speed and latency. Will this work or do I need to use 'quad channel'?

Edited for spelling.

A:Question about installing memory modules

Larsenex said:

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?Click to expand...

I'm thinking that different timings will cause issues with Dual Channel functionality. I'm also thinking that Dual Channel only functions if all modules can operate in dual mode. If you are not planning on operating in Dual Channel mode, I don't think it matters. However the modules should operate with the same timing, if they are to be linked together.

Anyway without actually knowing for sure, those are my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-installing-memory-modules.196451/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey all having some graphics card problems and would appreciate any help I built two identical computers for my parents from spare driver? graphics screen after installing Black parts and some new components just to give them something to use until they can buy something newer Both work fine with the onboard graphics but video Black screen after installing graphics driver? play back Black screen after installing graphics driver? performance is obviously low very choppy Trying to install an upgraded graphics card and does the same thing in both systems System specs Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP home SP GHz Pentium GB ram Onboard graphics is Black screen after installing graphics driver? Intel G Graphics card I m trying to install is a PNY VCG APG This is a Nvidia Geforce card ddr mb x AGP interface Should mention the card was new last winter and hasn t been installed in any other PC s When I install the card and boot up it shows the specs of the graphics card in the upper left corner Goes through the normal bios and windows boot screens Windows opens in a low res graphics mode says found new hardware etc etc loads nvidia driver from windows update and prompts a reboot After the reboot it goes through the load screens again and shows the windows boot screen with the progress bar for about seconds then just goes black Monitor says quot no signal quot and goes into stand by If I restart in safe mode I get a signal back and can open windows but in low res of course Tried updating driver with the newest one from nvidia s website and no go Does the same thing All other drivers on the system are up to date Tried going into the bios setup too integrated devices-- gt primary video controller gives option for quot auto quot or quot AGP quot when the card is plugged in With the card removed it gives quot auto quot or quot onboard quot options Tried setting it to AGP and still nothing Help nbsp

A:Black screen after installing graphics driver?

Did you get this fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-graphics-driver.194843/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hi I have an all in one hp touch smart 520 pc and I have had it for about 2 years now and it doesn't do well with games and I was wondering if I can install a new better graphics card? if so can you recommend me one ?

thanks

A:Can I install a new graphics card on an All in one HP Touchsmart 520 PC?

I did some research and I found this
[
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 module socket for MXM graphics card
2 PCI Express x1 mini card sockets
and
One PCI Express x16 Module (MXM) socket
MXM version: Type B
Power source = 19V
UMA or MXM Graphic card not exceeding 35W TDP
That is direct from HP. I asked today, because of your answers, HP support and I got the answer, that a Type II video card shut work as a upgrade on the inglewood motherboard. And don't worry. Bestbuy in Canada will upgrade the card in the store. But thank you anyway!

]
[
Yes, the MOTHERBOARD has those slots, no it is not upgradable after purchase, but good luck with that ]

apperantly the hp touchsmart 520 was never meant for gaming of high caliber and it cannot be upgraded :S

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchS...s-card-in-hp-touchsmart-520-1010/td-p/1128935

credits to that site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-a-new-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-hp-touchsmart-520-pc.194772/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hey folks

where can I install a sd card reader on this unit there was a build in on the tower but I dont know where to plug it in the?

I have it pluged into 1 of the usb 2.0 ports on the bottom right now and the usb on the unit works but nothing when it comes to reading cards.

A:F2a85xm-d3h install of peripherals problem

What is the model of SD card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/f2a85xm-d3h-install-of-peripherals-problem.194545/
Relevancy 16.34%

I got this laptop in for repairs recently and it has been a very tricky one I already told the client that I don t think it can be fixed but my curiosity has driven me to keep working on it This system came in unable to startup freezes during startup or said no boot device present I pulled the HDD out and scanned it from another computer Sure enough every error check would freeze around Note that I said freeze not display an error I would have to end task to close the windows drive check Chkdsk r from command prompt resulted in the same freezing partway through Disk copy and clone software would also freeze partway So during failure - drive after Toshiba Shuts OS install A305-S6898 off Satellite I copied the users files off manually and went to load a new Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure HDD in the laptop Every Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure time the OS install disk would load there would be Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure problems Sometimes it would freeze during the quot loading windows quot screen of the windows install Sometimes it would get to the install process and freeze right after selecting the disk to use Lately the most common problem is at variable points in the initial install loading process the system will just power cycle and restart At this point I ran memtest and found no errors Just the same I switched out the RAM and still it had problems I tried multiple different OS install disks and set bios back to defaults The problem persisted never being able to install a new OS I tried different hard drives external dvd drive and installing from a USB stick Oddly enough half of my repair utilities simply won t load things like seagate disk utilities paragon and acronis disk directors either freezing or giving weird errors like quot cd drive not present quot or quot memory not found quot The only thing that will run without freezing or restarting seems to be memtest which makes me think it s not an overheating issue since this can run for hours Frankly I m stumped It seems odd that the hard drive failed at the same time as whatever component is causing this problem so I assume either coincidence or some sort of drive controller failure that caused damage to the drive as well as making the system freeze while loading most any volume Any thoughts nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite A305-S6898 - Shuts off during OS install after drive failure

Yeah, it may be a motherboard issue... Have you tried removing or resetting the CMOS battery?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a305-s6898-shuts-off-during-os-install-after-drive-failure.193323/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find another place to right about my issue, I have the same laptop, and I have the weirdest problem!

My screen turns on but I can't install any OS, I have tried Ubuntu, windows 8, windows xp.... for example for windows 8 it shows a logo and then a blank screen, for Ubuntu I can't even boot from CD!

I have tried CD, usb drive
I have ran PC-CHECK, and it says no problem!
I have taken out the hd, and dvd drive to just boot from CD, and still nothing!

I have also updated the bios to the latest version from acer's website, this is so frustrating please help me
your help is appreciated in advance

A:Can't install any operating system

What is the make and model of your laptop? Have you changed anything in your Bios other then updating to the latest version? Did you update to the latest version of the bios before or after you started having problems?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-any-operating-system.193122/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. Thanks

A:Installing more memory

circusboy01 said:

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. ThanksClick to expand...

Don't know if this will help, but hopefully it will http://www.wikihow.com/Install-RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-more-memory.193227/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently installed the hyper 212 evo on my core i7 3770k at stock frequency after some trouble. My temps after 25mins of prime 95 are 47 C from asus AI suite and core temp the temps are 63, 60, 67, 69. This is at full load during prime 95.

Is the cooler mounted correctly and are my temps good for overclocking?

The cooler fan rpm are 850-900.

A:Core i7-3770k temps high after installing Hyper 212 Evo?

What voltage are you using? Stock voltage is usually way too high, try undervolting as much as you can without getting BSODs and you should see temps drop. But at the moment they don't look too excessive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3770k-temps-high-after-installing-hyper-212-evo.185345/
Relevancy 16.34%

Hi guys I m a bit desperate right now Here s the thing I have an acer g English bought in the Netherlands out of warranty original HD GB western digital included with windows home premium The hard disk is dying Everytime I restart windows demands a launch repair that takes HOURS otherwise it won t boot and will restart I bought a brand new Momentus XT GB It was fairly simple to remove the original disk and replace it physically Problems start with trying to install an OS on the acer -First off I went to the bios and set it to boot up first with the optical drive so I can use the recovery DVDs that I created on day one when I purchased the laptop It just doesn t doesn t do anything when I put the first one and restart Only the prompt blinking and the disk even stops spinning -I made New hard on drive 7 5740 can't windows acer aspire install sure the DVD drive reads discs I put back my old hdd waited till I can use windows again hours after launch repair and tried to read many DVDs and they all seem fine -Back to New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 the new drive installed No recovery I researched a bit and found out that erecovery only works New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 on acers with the quot hidden partition quot on the disk that came from factory Gotta find New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7 another plan -I downloaded a copy of windows GB and burned the iso file on a blank DVD with hopes of installing it and then activating it with my key - Inserted Windows DVD created with the microsoft tool Same problem no reading I check again if my optical drive can read at all checked it reads DVDs - At this point I m not sure what else to do What I want All important files I had in my old hard disk are backed up somewhere else I just need to get rid of the dying disk and replace it with my brand new hd and install windows on it and then activating it I just can t seem to do this any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New hard drive on acer aspire 5740 can't install windows 7

Try formatting the new drive using something like this:
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/download.html
then try and install Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-on-acer-aspire-5740-cant-install-windows-7.192341/
Relevancy 21.07%

Guys,after having research in net I have come to know that Nvidia r more supportive about there drivers then ATI.I have found that Nvidia are still taking good care about there 4XX gpu on the other hand ATI get forgot their past cards when new series gpu released(said it on basis of driver).ATI just take care well their latest models but Nvidia also takes care of past models
.I want best bang for my bucks which also mean long run in my gaming experience.So which brand should my choice.MY configRO core i5 3470
Ram 8GB
PSU 550watt
Monitor 18.5inch led
GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce 600 Series - GV-N660OC-2GD
ORRRRR
MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R7850 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC
Correct me if I m worng.
SOrry 4 BAD english
Thanksssssssssssssssss

A:Nvidia vs AMD when it comes to drivers (who is best for long run)?

Bang for buck at time of purchase is usually AMD. Yeah, NVIDIA has better driver support.. but with a mid-range card I'd just go with AMD.

If you aren't spending money to keep up with the times, don't expect the latest releases to run like butter. That's pretty much it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-vs-amd-when-it-comes-to-drivers-who-is-best-for-long-run.190979/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello, I have a Dell desktop PC purchased in 2009 that works great except it will not connect to the internet anymore. I run Windows 7 and have tried enabling DHCP under adapter properties but to no avail. Also installed latest driver (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) and still won't work. When I try ipconfig/remove and renew, it returns "the operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation." Below is ipconfig/all:

C:\Windows\system32>ipconfig/all
Windows IP Configuration
Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : StudioXPS9000
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcast
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Can't connect to Internet even with new drivers

I think a first step here is to go to Device Manager and remove any/all network adapters you see there, and then reboot.

Second step would be to get the network adapter driver from Dell's site for your dell desktop and Windows 7.

If step 2 is able to be done (like they don't have a win 7 driver for it) you should still see something in Device Manager even if you don't have a proper driver for it. Windows should be able to give you a hardware ID for it, google that and get the Win 7 driver from the chipset provider/manufacturer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-even-with-new-drivers.190993/
Relevancy 20.21%

My computer constantly restarts after I install new ram My specs are Dell Precision Intel Pentium D Computer new RAM restarts after installing GHz MB L Cache GB DDR SODIMM recently upgraded MHz unbuffered non-ECC ATI Radeon HD MB GDDR GB SATA HDD RPM Windows XP dual boot Dynex w Power I had x mb DDR ECC RAM before and upgraded to x GB DDR SODIMM for performance upgrade The problem is that my computer constantly restarts The first time Computer restarts after installing new RAM I installed the RAM I got to boot into windows but my color and resolution was messed up I haven t been able to boot into windows either xp or I updated my graphics driver and BIOS from A to A and still no change Some people are saying to change the RAM voltage but I don t know how My BIOS doesn t have such a feature or option PLEASE I need help purchased these sticks for I don t want the feeling that I got ripped off or scammed Many thanks nbsp

A:Computer restarts after installing new RAM

Maybe the wrong ram for your mother board. Did you check before you bought the ram to see what the specs were for the ram. Run a scan on the computer with your old memory installed at http:// www.crucial.com/index.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-installing-new-ram.189247/
Relevancy 19.78%

Has anyone else been getting this stupid no error message when trying to install WiDi on a recent laptop?
The laptop does originally come with WiDi working perfectly but as I am in the school department we are running a custom windows 7 32x Pro OS.
The specs are:
i5-3320m CPU (HD4000)
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN Wireless apapter

A:Issues installing WiDi on Dell Latitude E6230

You have to make sure that the WiDi driver is compatible with this laptops hardware. If it is, the internal WiDi adapter may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-installing-widi-on-dell-latitude-e6230.189208/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey I m not sure where to start but a while ago I bought a desktop and a monitor and they are black Screen after card a installing graphics goes while after new Desk Top Newegg com - Acer Aspire AX -UR P PT SG P Desktop PC Athlon II X GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce SE Windows Home Premium -Bit Monitor newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E But the graphics card that came Screen goes black after a while after installing new graphics card with the computer sucked it simply doesn t support D games So I went ahead and bought this graphics card Graphics Card Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-N SL- GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card Here note that the maximum power my computer has is W but the graphics card needs at least W for it to run So I bought this power supply unit Power Supply Newegg com - Antec VP- W ATX V v Power Supply Here s the story After I bought my computer and the monitor I bought the graphics card It took me a while to figure out how to install it but I worked my way out and installed it So I followed the general guide to installing graphics card remove driver first install card the computer didn t have a card so the pci slots were empty then I started my computer and tried to install the new driver with the disc that came with the graphics card The first time it went so well that I thought it s gonna work but after a while the screen suddenly goes back and on the top right corner it says quot VGA then DVI quot It s the screen you get when the monitor isn t plugged into a desktop So after that I went to look at my computer and the card and I found out the card needs more power it needs W but the computer has W So I bought a W power supply unit also took me a while because my case is micro ATX board I have to leave the power supply unit outside the case So after I installed the power supply and the graphics card the first time trying to install the driver also went pretty smooth but the screen then went black after a while So I m wondering what exactly I should do I m pretty sure the power supply is working Atm I m using the power supply but not the card and I can run my computer fine Addition details When I tried to uninstall the original graphics card driver it kept automatically installing itself when I restart Could that be why But after I uninstalled it I switched to the VGA port on the new graphics card but it still didn t work I have my directx updated to version Please if you re confused about anything I said tell me which part you didn t understand and I ll try my best to describe it Thank you for your time Ads by Google nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-after-a-while-after-installing-new-graphics-card.188703/
Relevancy 23.65%

I How clean motherboard? to properly a have just recently acquired an How to properly clean a motherboard? Acer Aspire X desktop When I first powered it up it proceeded normally except for a hard drive problem Switched to a known good hard drive and then no power I seriously doubted a power supply failure that quick but was very concerned about the condition of the motherboard It looked as if I had been subjected to a roach infested area and this has left some serious quot grungy quot looking areas all over I unplugged the connections from the power supply to the motherboard and blew them out with compressed air Then the computer powered up but I have no video The computer would be worth the time and effort to see if a good thorough cleaning would fix it but after reading several posts regarding how others have approached cleaning How to properly clean a motherboard? the motherboard has left me still looking for the proper way to proceed I have read where hard bristle paint brushes have been used sometimes cut at an angle to help reach the hard places I even think a toothbrush could also How to properly clean a motherboard? be used The main question is to what to use as a cleaner I thought about some type of electrical contact cleaner but not many people mentioned that Most posts suggested the use of alcohol rubbing alcohol I think and even one suggested using de-mineralized water which I don t think would be wise in my circumstances On e-bay I saw a quot Misty contact and circuit board cleaner quot but I can t seem to find any reviews for it anywhere I have an air compressor to use as a finishing touch to blow out the final debris but would anyone have any advice as to the best cleaning agent to use for the best results I would greatly appreciate advice on this especially where someone has used a specific cleaner having good results Thanks in advance for any responses nbsp

A:How to properly clean a motherboard?

Electrical contact cleaner is the safest, most convenient, and will likely produce the best result. Since it is liquid under pressure it will lift the encrusted dust/dirt without generating static electricity (whereas a brush and/or vacuum will- dry dust particles moving against each other). You may need more than one application, and I'd suggest removing the board from the chassis first (observing safe electrostatic safety measures like grounding yourself first by touching any bare metal portion of the chassis while the power cord is plugged into the wall socket, but the machine powered OFF). You may need to basically drench the board - blast through the CPU heatsink fins while your at it. The stuff evaporates pretty quickly. Remember to use in a well ventilated area.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-properly-clean-a-motherboard.186371/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just purchased a new modem to replace TWCs 'rental'. I plugged it in, restarted my computer and screwed everything up lol.

I tried calling TWC but was on hold forever. Not sure they do the 24/7 thing anymore...

I plugged my old modem back in, did a restart, I'm back online, but my homepage and FaceBook 'favorite link' are messed up. (Chrome)
It says http://www.facebook.com/ap_index and seems like it's refreshing again and again. Same with my homepage. http://www.49erswebzone.com/ap_index I hit 'stop', take out the ap_index and try again, same thing.

What do I need to do to get the new router working and get my pages back to normal?

Also wondering what kinda speed increase I'll see (ubee 2.0 vs Motorola surfboard 3.0) when I get up and running?

Thanks!

A:Installing a new modem

FB is back to normal...homepage (webzone) still messed up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-new-modem.188305/
Relevancy 23.65%

I might have it sold and I'd like to clean it up. Get all the crap off it. Even if I don't wind up selling it, I think it'll run much much better with all the clutter gone.
I have a Toshiba Satellite A660D-ST2G02 that's loaded with all sorts of stuff I never use. I'd like to know which drivers I absolutely need and no more. Going to download them to a disk and go from there. I did this awhile ago with my old laptop but I'm a big foggy on the complete process.
I'm getting the basics for the laptop as I'm not on it nearly as much as the desktop.
Drivers
Avast
CCleaner
Chrome
couple of poker rooms
other suggestions?
Thanks for any help.

A:I want to wipe my laptop clean

Good dose of DBAN should do as a good wipe (completely wipe that is). In addition, you need to make sure all OEM drivers are installed on the system. What you don't need is anything labeled "Application". Most of the time, the basic hardware drivers are what's needed from either the OEM disc or manufacturer's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-wipe-my-laptop-clean.188095/
Relevancy 16.34%

I recently purchased a GTX and after installing it and rebooting my computer once windows fired up I noticed my speakers were making a high pitched noise along with fluctuating static Upon further investigation I realized my audio was also not working Here are some things I have tried to remedy the situation - Checked the speakers They work perfectly on another computer likewise I still get install new audio buzzing, no video after card Speakers the noise when I tried a different set of speakers and a set of earbuds in the problem computer - Tried changing the video card out with the old GTX didn t work - I have tried uninstalling reinstalling both audio and video drivers using these instructions http www Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install evga com forums tm aspx m amp mpage with drive sweeper again to no success - Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install I have swapped out PSU s and still get the problem - I have tried doing a fresh windows install with a spare HDD and I still get the noise as soon as windows boots I have figured out that if I go in to Device Manager under System Devices and disable one of Speakers buzzing, no audio after new video card install the High Definition Audio Controller there are two but the other is associated with my video card then the noise will stop At this point I am pretty perplexed as to what is causing this Could something on my board have been zapped I m out of ideas for a fix any help ideas would be greatly appreciated ASUS x Sabertooth mobo Intel i - Bloomfield GHz Quad Core EVGA GTX GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM Kingston SV GB SSD WD Black TB RPM HDD Corsair HX Watt PSU nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speakers-buzzing-no-audio-after-new-video-card-install.187870/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello.
I am considering installing 2 new harddrives.
1.Agility 3 OCZ Solid State Drive 120gb
2.Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB 7200 rpm

I am currently on a WDC WD3200JD-22KLB0 320gb

Both the new harddrives are sata3,6gb/sec

Can I use both new drives,with no reduction in performance ?
Mainly for online gaming.

A:Installing new drives in HP Compaq dc7600

In a word... Yes, are you going to set the 2 drives in a RAID array?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-drives-in-hp-compaq-dc7600.186404/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi. I have got this laptop with these specs

i3-2350M
320gb hard drive
2gb DDR3 memory

I have got a CD with it which contains many drivers. for example only for bluetooth there r 3-4 drivers with different vendors. what should I do? install all of them?

* currently I hv installed all of them. Laptop now got a slow startup and hangs some times but dats very rare and recovers most of the times
I dont play heavy games etc on it too

waiting for replies
regards

A:Acer Aspire 5749 drivers

So game lags when u playing heavy games if so then its probaly just about managing to play the games with the specs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5749-drivers.185726/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have updated all the sound drivers in my device manager, still my pc is not giving out sound. pls help Dell latitude 120L

A:Sound problem, updated drivers

might sound silly but have u checked in your volume control as last week I had same problem then when I clicked on volume icon in task bar volume was down and on mute for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-updated-drivers.184463/
Relevancy 17.2%

I bought a Crucial M4 SSD (64g) for my PC but it appears it's supposed to plug into a laptop how do I hook it up to my motherboard/is it possible?

A:How do I install my SSD in a desktop?

The SSD will need 2 connections:
- SATA cable which goes to the motherboard, should come with your motherboard or you can buy one for very cheap
- Power connector which comes from the power supply.

They're the same cables as what your existing HDD is connected to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-install-my-ssd-in-a-desktop.184994/
Relevancy 19.78%

I've just installed Corsair H60 liquid cooling and when I tried booting my computer up, after 5 seconds or so, everything stops. It happens every time I tried to boot the computer up.
My monitor was black and nothing appeared.
For 2 seconds before the entire system stops, the fan gets very noisy. And for the entire time the computer was booting up, my gpu's fan was even noisier than when I was playing my games.
I cannot get to BIOS or anything.
Why is this happening?

Cooling system: Cosair H60
Cpu: Intel I5 760
GPU: ATI 5770
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-H55M-UD2H
PSU: 600W Max - 700W

A:PC doesn't work after installing Corsair H60 liquid cooling

You may have a short someplace between the motherboard and the case, or you may have bent the motherboard while installing the CPU cooler. I'd take the cooler out and replace it with the stock cooler and try again to see it the board still works. If it does I'd try the H60 again, but I'd make sure the motherboard wasn't under any extra stress from it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-work-after-installing-corsair-h60-liquid-cooling.178522/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys,
I am running ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS motherboard. SOCKET 940 ON xp
Ive installed a Gigabyte HD 7770 Graphics card. I installed it according to instructions. The card is getting power but after installing it with the CD that came with it, it keeps saying cant detect drivers for this device.This is obvious because of the display Im getting.
Wouldnt be a compatability problem could it.?

Any ideas guys
Rob777

A:Functioning error after installing video card

Hey Rob, pardon me but I'm a little confused of what you've said. It says here that you have the ASUS M2N68-AM Plus Motherboard and yet, it still on the classified Socket 940? Not to mention that mobo is running both Socket AM2/AM2+ already. That's a long road for that architecture.

Therefore, you shouldn't be having problems with that Radeon HD 7770 of yours, because it's totally compatible with that motherboard; Unless you have checked inside the system unit if it has been connected properly.

Give me a full spec of your system so that I might help you further. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/functioning-error-after-installing-video-card.179902/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok so as stated above I am new to this. I have installed memory before but that is it. I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my computer. Because I hear a integrated graphics card is not so good. But I am unsure what I am able to install! Please help me out.

My model copmuter from the manufacturers website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N66

A:Newcomer to installing hardware

Integrated graphics...good or bad...depends on what you plan on doing. If you can post your budget, games/software you plan on running then I'm sure someone will be able to find what you need.

I see that your computer has a 300W PSU, depends on the graphics card, you might need to upgrade that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newcomer-to-installing-hardware.184563/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an old computer that I baught in around 06-07 and I made the rather stupid mistake of installing a usb upside down. After this there was a burnt smell and my computer shut down. I was wondering what went wrong inside the computer and about how much it would cost to fix it. I have been going through computers really fast and I really don't want to buy a new one. Help?

A:Burnt smell after installing USB backward

I would think you burned out the USB connector. If it was on the motherboard, You may have to replace the whole board. If it was on the front of the case. You may get lucky and be able to disconnect it. It is really hard to say what it would cost you till . You try to repair it. It is possible it my have short out other things to. . Well hold on somebody here might be able to help you out more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burnt-smell-after-installing-usb-backward.183818/
Relevancy 17.2%

I got my 6950 today, but it's not working........

Step1:I disable my old graphic card
Step2: I change the old g.c to my 6950 at the same spot.
Step3:install my driver.. But it is not working..

And 1 thing I dont get. After I done all 3 steps, and it's not working. then I uninstall my new. g.c driver and enable the old one. and it works pretty fine... is there a build-in graphic card?? if so, the one I took one out is??

reply asap pls...

A:Can't install my new graphic card

BTW: the fans of my new G.C is actually working so I think I put in the right spot.. but cant detect it!! im so confuse!! awww

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-my-new-graphic-card.183493/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hewlett Packard
Compaq Presario SR 1000 SR1639UK
Product EK350AA-ABU
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Hello, I wish to upgrade my PC with more RAM. Understand that upgrading RAM is easy.
Can any one guide me on how to carry this out.
Is it worth it considering the make and model??

A:Advise regarding installing more memory

Windows XP Home SP3 on a single core 2.2Ghz processor should run fine on 1GB of memory. Considering the cost of "DDR400 PC3200" I wouldn't upgrade, unless you absolutely needed more memory for a specific reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-regarding-installing-more-memory.183301/
Relevancy 21.07%

Soooooo, my hard disk crashed before I did a backup, I have no recovery disks, toshiba doesnt ship to afghanistan, I bought a SSD drive, I bought Win 7 64 bit. Before this I tried to recover files by any means necessary, to no avail it dleted all my files and drivers. I installed win 7 and realized I had no drivers. From the Toshiba website I installed all drivers for my model L655D-5066. Everything works except the sound. I click on the speakers fron the device manager and win tells me all the drivers are up to date. The driver installed for sound is conexant smart audio hd 4.119 something. The driver for the speakers is windows 6.1. something; it will not let me use the conexant or anything else. What do I have to or need to do?

This is what I see...

A:Installed drivers but no sound

Not sure if I can help, but will take a look...

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installed-drivers-but-no-sound.182977/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all! Please help! My wife's notebook, (ASUS G71GX, Win 7, wireless card Atheros AR928X), wireless connection to our home LAN (D-Link DIR-655) suddenly stopped. It shows the available networks, but cannot connect to it. The hardware manager shows no problem with the wireless card.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but could it be the drivers, not the hardware? So far, I uninstalled and re-installed the driver for the AR928X. No changes, but maybe I didn't do it right.

Could someone help out, please?

A:Wireless reads but cannot connect to network... is it drivers?

Never mind. Thanks. I ended up deleting my home network, and then re-creating it. That solved the problem, even though I still do not understand how that worked

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-reads-but-cannot-connect-to-network-is-it-drivers.182393/
Relevancy 21.07%

I currently have a gtx 560 ti and I'm acquiring a gtx 670. So, in the end, both cards will be under the hood.The 670 will go into the currently 560 ti slot and the 560 ti will go into the currently empty slot. Both use the same driver, do I have to reinstall it, or just stick the new gpu to the mobo and be happy ever after?

A:Do I have to reinstall the drivers when adding a new GPU?

Generally, I say you should always re-install graphics drivers when adding a new card.

What is the reason for running both cards at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-to-reinstall-the-drivers-when-adding-a-new-gpu.181526/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently bought a 1TB external drive in the first month was the paradise of about three months here been hell ...

The problem is that the windows when i connect the disk, sometimes it correctly detects and installs the correct drivers, other times it detects wrong and installs other wrong drivers.
When you install the wrong windows drivers in Disk Manager says that is not present or does not detect the capacity, despite the indication that I have the the connected USB device. Another indicator light is always on the disc, rather than intermittently (indicating that it is accessing data) ...

To be even more difficult the drivers are registry keys ...

Have tested it on several PC with W7 and XP sp3 and the problem still occurs ...

Have I contacted the support of the disc but the impression I got is that understand of hardware even less than me ...

Can you help me please!!

A:Wrong plug-and-play drivers

OMG! what is the brand/make/model of the external drive in question?!? I have never heard of a known brand to do something like that unless the enclosure itself is hosed and/or beginning to fail. Post back & let me know, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-plug-and-play-drivers.179651/
Relevancy 16.77%

just recently received my Samsung SSD to install my windows 7 ultimate finally after a bit of time messing with that I got windows completely installed so I can either boot off the hdd or my ssd. I have had no luck figuring out how to get drivers from the hdd to ssd though. I can't even get on internet to try looking for drivers. so I tried backing up drivers on the double driver program I've tried burning backup divers to disk. can someone please tell me how to my drivers restored on my ssd!

A:Fresh install OS to SSD driver backup

I have no idea why you can't get on the internet. By default windows 7 has supports almost every (if not every) on board ethernet ports. If not then you'll have to get at least the lan drivers for your motherboard and then download the rest of the drivers you need once you get the onboard land running.

Is this a laptop, desktop ? If its a desktop did you build it yourself? If not what make model is it? You can go online to the manufacturuers website and download device drivers for your laptop/desktop.

If it is something you (or someone else) built then there should be a driver disk that came with your motherboard.

Alternatively you could use driver genius to get the job done. I'm not sure if the "free" version allows you to backup drivers but I know the paid one does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-install-os-to-ssd-driver-backup.181310/
Relevancy 17.63%

I am about to build my new system and for the first time I will be using an SSD (128 megs). I know to install the OS but what about security software as well?

Anything else? I will also have a 1TB hard drive as well for storage.

Thanks.

A:What to Install on an SSD besides the OS?

I don't have a lot of programs that I use on a regular basis, so those would go on for me. Fast program startup is nice. Aside from that, I'd personally have nothing else that I access much at all really.
In general though, choose things that you access often.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-to-install-on-an-ssd-besides-the-os.181042/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi, I order two sets of memory sticks both 2 GBs. here they are
1st one I bought: http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-PC2-6...GG/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1336701850&sr=8-10

and 2nd
http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CM2X2...P77Y/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1336701850&sr=8-9

here is what I am staring it

What do you guys say is everything working fine?

A:Memory correct or incorrect?

I'm slightly confused. You said your purchased two sets but yet the second purchase appears to be a single module. Even in the screenshot the module size is 2GB.

What exactly is the question?

Are you are questioning the frequency of 400MHz?
If so, that is normal. DDR stand for Double Data Rate, DDR2-800 would be Double Data Rate of 400MHz which is 800MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-correct-or-incorrect.180739/
Relevancy 24.08%

Once a week? Once a month? Once every six months?

Ideally, how often should you clean your PC?

I'm asking because this is something I'm trying to learn to do by myself: take the rig apart, dust off the GPUs, the fans and the filters and everything else. Not easy for me, but I'm getting there.

A:How often do you clean your PC?

I clean my PC every 3 months or so. If I need to, I take apart even the PSU, clean it, and put it back again (Grey side up). If you need to, you can even detach the heatsink and clean it with some compressed air (for dust). Remember to re-apply the thermal paste if so, because every time you dislodge the heatsink, some paste is "dislodged" too.

How often you should clean a PC is sensitive to environmental factors such as dust accumulation in the house itself, etc. A person living near a construction site would have to clean his rig more often than one living far away from it.

Hope this helps. You can always google it, of course.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-often-do-you-clean-your-pc.179332/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a old computer running windows XP I tried to update the driver so that I could play minecraft but i didn t know the type of card I had So in order to find out the model of the graphics card so I could download new drivers I pulled it out and wrote down My new card won't after computer start video a installing the model type I put it back in wrong so it didn t work After a few tries I put in a new video card and tired that I always get stuck at the point where it says quot New hardware or software has caused the computer to have trouble starting Start in safe mode start with command prompt start at last working way or something like that start windows normally quot Now I have no working video card and don t know what to do Old Video Card XFXGeforce e MX New Video Card I don t know it says nothing on it and wasn t in its original box Also I dont care witch card goes in Ask me if you need anything else nbsp

A:My computer won't start after installing a new video card

Does this computer have on-board video? On-board means part of the motherboard and not a separate card... If it does, try to connect the monitor to that video output

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-start-after-installing-a-new-video-card.178773/
Relevancy 31.39%

hi !, i am running a system with intel core 2 duo processor and gigabyte motherboard. In my BIOS the first boot device is HDD, now i want to change that to CD/DVD, but i cant change them...

after entering Advanced BIOS settings -> Hard disk boot Priority [Press Enter]

but when i press enter it is showing the order, but those are disabled, i tried +, -, pu, pd but they didn't work. Does any one know the solution...?

A:How can I change my boot order

You're looking at the wrong item. Go down one line until you see "First Boot Device." Change that to the appropriate CDROM device. You can also set the second and third boot device if you wish. What you are doing now is choosing which hard drive (and hard drives only) will boot ahead of the other hard drives. So if your hard drive is selected as the second boot device, this will tell the system which hard drive to look at first. That is, if you had more than one. If you only have one hard drive, that would be unnecessary.

You may also press F12 to temporarily change the boot order for that one time only without entering the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-change-my-boot-order.174511/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi, I have an ibm pentium 4 cpu and I have only 256mb of ram on it. I tried to intsall more ram but it won't accept any other sticks. Stumped.

A:Can't install more ram on my IBM Pentium 4 CPU 1.60ghz

Not enough information.

Which computer do you have?
Which RAM frequencies does your computer support? (DDR 266, DDR 333, DDR 400, etc...)

Which memory module are you trying to use for upgrade?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-install-more-ram-on-my-ibm-pentium-4-cpu-1-60ghz.176722/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys, bought a new PC recently and got everything set up fine, except the GPU.

Its all installed correctly but when I go to install the drivers from either Windows Update or the given CD and restart to save changes, I lose video signal.

I see the boot screen and Windows 7 loading bar, afterwards my screen says "Mode not supported".

I'm using the Nvidia 560 Ti and my screen is a Samsung LE19R86BD.

Is the installation possibly switching to 1080 while my monitor isn't supporting it?

A:No video signal after installing GPU software/drivers

I've read that there are times when the driver can't properly read the EDID data from the TV, and causes display problem. Can you boot into safe mode, change the display setting to 1440x900, then reboot into normal mode? Looks like your nVidia card has both HDMI & DVI connection, maybe try changing connection from one type to the other?

The driver I found on nVidia's site is version 285.62. Is that what you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-after-installing-gpu-software-drivers.173192/
Relevancy 16.77%

Fixed the problem, I forgot to plug in the power supply connectors to the video card (do all cards require this these days?). Everythings working well except the text appears a little fuzzy...

A:Driver won't install, video card may be disabled

haha yes they are a fair bit more powerful then AGP cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-wont-install-video-card-may-be-disabled.176356/
Relevancy 19.78%

I just got my new Sapphire Radeon HD6670 graphics card. Along with it I got a new power supply unit as the card required minimum 400 watts. (My computer's stock PSU was 220W) The PSU I got is a Rosewill RD 500-2SB. (500W) So I put in all of the new hardware, booted up the computer and put in the video card driver install CD. About halfway through the driver install my computer froze up. Now I can only log in under safe mode. If I try and start Windows (7) in normal mode when I get to the log-in screen I can't do anything. Frozen curser and the mouse arrow won't move. What can I do? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

A:My computer froze while installing my new video card

I'd log into safe mode and remove all video drivers with Driver Sweeper, and try again. I wouldn't use the drivers off the CD I'd download the newest drivers from AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-froze-while-installing-my-new-video-card.175025/
Relevancy 19.35%

My Asus X51H did not come with a wireless card. So, I bought the Intel Pro 3945ABG and installed it. attached is a picture of my card

i have attached the antenna properly. the intel wireless manager can not switch it on and gives the error message (Attachment)

the wireless Fn-F2 does not turn it on and the wireless LED does not light.
this machine does nto have any other external switch for wireless.

i feel thsi is an issue that can be solved by covering one or more pins with a tape as in the case of the following thread:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18046.html
however, my wireless card has different pin configuration as you can clearly see in the picture. does anyone have any idea which pin to cover with tape?

thanks for the help in advance.
uzbuk

###I have attached the photo of my wireless card and the error message screenshot.

A:Installing Intel Pro 3945ABG Wireless card to Asus X51H laptop

problem solved

my vendor tipped me about the pin to cover with tape. its pin 20.
i covered the pin 20 with scotch tape and put it back into the slot.
the card is working fine.

in case you can't find the pin 20, here is a diagram. the second pin from the notch at the bottom side of the card is pin20
you have to be careful not to cut the board while cutting the tape. covering the pin20 only is a tricky thing. it took to half an hour.
i have attached a pictorial description of the pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-intel-pro-3945abg-wireless-card-to-asus-x51h-laptop.169162/
Relevancy 19.78%

Asus Xonar XD driver telling me sound card not plugged in when installing driver

I got myself a Asus Xonar DX, so I hooked erverything up to my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-PH67A-D3-B3) and connected the power cable to my power supply (OCZ StealthXstream II 700W), but when im trying to install the driver I'm getting the message: "Plug the Asus Xonar DX in". I disabled my onboard sound, but I'm getting still the same message. I don't really know what's going on, is the soundcard broken or is it just a minor problem? I pugged the card in a PCIE x1 slot and a pcie x4 slot. Thanks if you can help me with this problem.

Specs: I7 2600
8 Gb RAM

A:Asus Xonar XD not plugged in when installing driver

Did you uninstall your old HD audio driver first?
http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=39544

If that doesn't work.....Found some info.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...X&id=20090916085648171&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-xd-not-plugged-in-when-installing-driver.175412/
Relevancy 14.62%

hiyall

do i physicaly instal front panel card reader and a usb 2 x4 pci card before 1st boot of bios and before new install of win 7 64 , or after ?
please and thanks

A:Install front panel card reader and a USB 2x4 PCI card before first boot?

Before. Did you get a driver(s) CD with the card reader?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-front-panel-card-reader-and-a-usb-2x4-pci-card-before-first-boot.175140/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello, First of all thanks to anyone who can help.

Here is my problem: I just built my brother his computer for Xmas and everything is brand new and the computer is "working". Yet every time I start a game or try to get the system rating the comp either freezes, restarts, or blue screens. I've updated the video card half a dozen times and It says that it is updated yet problems still occur.

Here are the specs

OS- Windows 7 64bit
Video card- AMD Radeon HD 6900
Processor- AMD 6 core 6100
Motherboard- 990FX Sabertooth
Ram- 8gs
Power- antec 900w
HD- 2 terabyte

A:Drivers are updated, but PC keeps freezing

Although that processor is supported by the motherboard, it's possible that the BIOS is an older version, pre-FX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-are-updated-but-pc-keeps-freezing.175072/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Dell Inspiron e and I have windows ultimate on it The hard drive is only GBs in size and it only has GB of space left on a partitioning and drive laptop Installing Windows new 7 with it I want to install a new HD GB in the laptop but the old harddrive has drive C and Backup D on it I want to partition the new drive to have Drive C and the rest extened space what are the proceedures to perform this task and please in details P S I don t have the OS disc to re-install Installing and partitioning a new laptop drive with Windows 7 Win What I do have is a GB Harddrive and a USB to Sata connection cable to connect the harddrive to the computer a windows repair disc for the system and backup discs from the old harddrive How do I proceed I have tried it once using the tools that I have and it copied the os and files just like the old drive but not enabling me to extend the C drive nbsp

A:Installing and partitioning a new laptop drive with Windows 7

The easiest way would probably be a cloning software with a external HDD as a backup drive.

create an image backup to the external drive
switch drives in the laptop
write the image backup from the external drive

I know these manufacturer's have free cloning software that can be used with their drives:

Western Digital
Seagate
Maxtor
Intel (SSD Drives)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-and-partitioning-a-new-laptop-drive-with-windows-7.174764/
Relevancy 20.21%

Video Card problems please help Ok so i am no noob to comps i have built at least gaming computers and right now i am at awww So its a installing card display No after HP or i don t remember off the top No display after installing card of my head but my brother wanted me to fix it up so i put windows with gigs of ram and i had a Gforce Gt-OC and No display after installing card also a ATI X laying around so this problem No display after installing card is with both So i put one of the cards in and you can hear the cards fans going so its getting power but all i get is a black screen unless plugged in stock port So i went to the Bios and changed it to PCI-E and looked through all the other settings in bios and found everything was OK Then i went and got the new drivers and installed them After that i went to the start and in search typed devmgmt msc which this command will open a device manager which there i noticed that the card was not being recognized so i figured i would try to disable the on-board and see if it would kick er in but nothing Now i am wondering if i may need a bigger power supply but on the ATI i know for a fact you don t its not the greatest card but better than on board So I am starting to think that just maybe the slot is messed up or something Last but not least it did this to me when the computer was on XP as well so can someone please help me very soon i am trying to do this for my little brother for Xmas nbsp

A:No display after installing card

well what are the other hardware details? like Power supply and motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-after-installing-card.174255/
Relevancy 16.77%

Hello I recently added a rd hard drive to my computer so I could put my two existing HDs in RAID and still have a back up drive I cloned my main drive to my new backup drive and did a fresh Windows -bit install on the new RAID array I ve been able to get all my hardware working except for my X-FI 0 sound RAID on fresh No after from install Win7-64 CreativeLabs ExtremeMusic SB soundcard I ve gotten it to work a few brief times but I can t figure out what driver and control panel versions I used to make it work before I just remember it being a long process of searching online before I found an answer that worked for me Is there anyway to find out what versions I have on my backup HD since it has the correct driver and control panel versions on it Here s a description of my actual soundcard problem When I try play something in media player there is no sound the progress bar doesn t move if I watch a youtube video the progress bar moves but I still get no sound and I have no system sound either My on-board audio when enabled works perfectly My on-board audio is disabled in No sound from X-FI after fresh Win7-64 install on RAID 0 the bios the X-FI shows up in device manager and appears to be installed correctly with the latest drivers for win - I get clicks from my speakers when installing the drivers and I have tried completely uninstalling the card and re-installing it as an admin but I still don t get any sound Any and all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-from-x-fi-after-fresh-win7-64-install-on-raid-0.174259/
Relevancy 16.34%

I have four OCZ Agility SSD s and want to install them on my new desktop build I also have one Adaptec SGL Raid Card with two connections and will handle up to drives I need help in figuring out the best most efficient way to get these SSD s on my Desktop I ve seen several to enclosures with built in raid switches on the back but the reviews haven t been that enticing First off do I even need the Raid Adaptec adapter Secondly what is the best way to incorporate the ssd s on my AMD FX Desktop Also so I mirror all drives at Raid or use as storage Or include one TB WD HDD for my storage drive Would like to hear the most efficient ways to install my SSD s and possibly include one HDD and what raid settings would be best for each set desktop to RAID 3 way on W7 four 60GB enclosure? install with Agility OCZ Best up ssd s in inch enclosures only or SSD s in two enclosures and the TB HDD as my storage drive What is the best to ssd enclosures to Best way to install four 60GB OCZ Agility 3 on W7 desktop with RAID enclosure? use and are the ones with the raid switch on the back of the enclosures of any benefit Thanks in advance George nbsp

A:Best way to install four 60GB OCZ Agility 3 on W7 desktop with RAID enclosure?

Also I could do two ssd's in one 3.5 enclosure with hdd

I forgot to mension If easier I can also go with only two 60GB SSD's and mirror them in Raid 0 and install one 2TB HDD as my storage drive.
I just need to know the most simple and efficient way to go with all these drives and which Raid to use with each.
Obviously, this is my first build wanting to try SSD's and also my first encounter using Raid! I'm freaking lost and need some experience to guide me through this delima.
The balance of my system is a nine hundred Antec case, Sabertooth 990fx mobo, w1090T AMD processor and I'm also still looking for a aftermarket good cpu cooler for the AMD Black processor.

Thanks
George

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-way-to-install-four-60gb-ocz-agility-3-on-w7-desktop-with-raid-enclosure.173653/
Relevancy 17.63%

As of now, I am running on a low spec laptop. My Inspiron 1545, it currently has 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz and 3.00GB installed on it. It has an integrated graphics card and video card. The only game I'm planning to run on it is TF2. I currently get about 10 - 15 fps on a normal game of 12 people. I have an fps script that makes the game look like nintendo 64 graphics and have tweaked some of the models. I know that I can't install / upgrade my graphics or video card, so I was planning to get more RAM to increase the speed of gaming.

My question is, can I install more RAM into my laptop? If so, then where do I buy it and how do I install it?

A:Install more RAM?

mm yes you can install more ram, its pretty easy, takes a screw driver and taking out two screws

looks like it can handle up to 8 gigs of ram, ddr2 800 sdram.

Make sure you have a 64 bit os to utilize more than 3gigs of ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-more-ram.173388/