Windows Support Forum

Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

Q: Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

I looked through installation guides for the recommended installation order for correct Install clean the in Installing after order drivers drivers after a clean Windows installation from Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install Windows disc I also spoke to Tech Support but keep getting conflicting advice so I thought I would try posting here The question I have is regarding the Intel Chipset drivers I know that they must be installed first before any other drivers The confusion I have is regarding the Intel AMT HECI drivers Intel Management Engine Interface which are also listed as Chipset drivers Previous Support Technicians have always said that the Intel AMT HECI drivers installation order is not important so can be installed anytime They always say Intel Chipset software must be done first though On Dells site there is a driver order installation guide which shows HECI drivers way down on the installation order too The other day I was speaking to a guy over the phone on tech support who told me that you should install the Intel Chipset software then the HECI drivers next The reason I ask is I did a clean Windows installation only last week I installed the Intel Chipset software first and I have installed other drivers including Graphics and Wireless Network drivers My HECI drivers were installed later Will this cause me problems or will it be OK Any advice would be appreciated Thanks very much in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Installing drivers in the correct order after clean Install

There is no order for installing drivers, unless specified, for instance, when you're downloading a driver, you might find a notification that says, "pls install driver xxxxxx before this one".
The reason that it is common to install the main chipset first, is so as to get proper access to peripherals like USB ports, wifi cards, etc, but it truly makes no difference which order you do them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550002/installing-drivers-in-the-correct-order-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 91.59%

I apologize if this has already been discussed, I've just recently joined the forum. My main hard drive recently failed. I got a new one, reinstalled windows and got my graphics card and everything else installed, along with drivers. I cannot seem to get my system to get my audio back up and running. I have an XPS 420 running Vista Home Premium 64 with HDA 7.1 channel audio. I know I need RealTek but every time i try to install it, it doesn't "take" and just recognizes it as "High Definition Audio Device". Also, I had an IDT Control Center that came along with it. The drivers on my disc didn't seem to work, the only luck I've had is a Sigmatel codec but it doesn't appear to have everything that everything back to the way it was after the install. Any help would be insanely appreciated.

A:Clean Install, Cannot get correct audio drivers

Did you get your Realtek from here?

http://152.104.125.41/downloads/down...&GetDown=false

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/297006-clean-install-cannot-get-correct-audio-drivers.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I am repairing a friends Clean 7 Install drivers iden... correct or find - Windows Can't Pavilion dv laptop were the Toshiba hard drive had completely failed - even the Recovery partition was unreadable nbsp I have installed a new WD Black hard drive and loaded Windows Home Premium using my own OEM disc and the Product Key provided Windows 7 Clean Install - Can't find correct drivers or iden... with the laptop Activation was successful nbsp My problem is that generic nbsp Drivers have been loaded for all the major hardware such as display sound system graphics etc and I want to upgrade to the specific manufacturer's drivers nbsp I have looked up Pavilion dv - tx on the HP drivers download but as I am unsure of exactly the hardware I have installed it is difficult to know which driver may be suitable and in the instance of the graphics where I downloaded the specified Intel HD Graphics driver I got an error message when loading saying that This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software If I run the Intel Driver Update Utility it reports that No drivers were detected for your product nbsp My question is how can I identify the precise hardware present in this laptop so that I can then find and install the correct driver nbsp The Product number of this laptop is XV PA ABG and the Serial number is CNF HQL nbsp Any help on finding the correct drivers would be appreciated nbsp Thanks

A:Windows 7 Clean Install - Can't find correct drivers or iden...

@coylum? These are your drivers. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/424... What you need to do is find the hardware ID's do a Google search with the ID then install the appropriate driver. http://www.wikihow.com/Find-Hardware-ID REO  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-7-Clean-Install-Can-t-find-correct-drivers-or/td-p/5804224
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello I am getting ready to do a clean install of windows 7 on my PC. What would I need before I do the clean install and what is the proper order to install drivers. Also where would I get the drivers from? Should I let Windows pick the drivers or get them off my manufactures website?

Here Are My Computer Specs:

A:Doing Clean Install, Order To Install Drivers?

Visit the support page for your motherboard and download the chipset driver and LAN driver. Install those following the install and then run all rounds of Windows updates until no more are offered.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/369689-doing-clean-install-order-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 83.42%

i tried using the 1.0.12arm_debug.appx as the app
source code.zip as first dependant
source code(tar.gz) as second dependant but is keeps failing. what am i doing wrong?

A:What is the correct order for installing v1.0.12 of pog-uwp

Hi, the only advice I can give is to follow the post below. How to install PoGo-UWP beta for Pok?mon Go on your Windows 10 Mobile phone | Windows Central
If you have any issues following it or questions, please join the Windows Central forums so that you can reply to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434067-what-correct-order-installing-v1-0-12-pog-uwp.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey all Ok firstly I have no disks for this pc and so far it has taken me the best part of a day to download and troubleshoot a ton of problems in order to work out how to get XP installed back onto this desktop Which I have now managed to achieve successfully But now I am stuck on installing drivers I used an application called 'Double Driver' to back up all my drivers from my previous installation and was hoping this install a drivers help clean installing I XP after need of would save me hours of collecting and installing each driver individually wishful thinking But I don't think it works like that with the motherboard and perhaps not for other drivers either as I seem to have some drivers which don't work I'm thinking I should have installed the mobo drivers first Anyway here is what DxDiag threw up I need help installing drivers after a clean install of XP Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer FUJITSU SIEMENS System Model P GD -FM BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available I then googled P GD -FM drivers and found a couple of files which I had no idea how to use So upon further googling I found some info which said I needed to put the ROM file on a floppy drive which my pc does not have so I tried a usb stick I need help installing drivers after a clean install of XP and then pressed Alt F on boot up but it was only looking for a floppy drive and a I need help installing drivers after a clean install of XP cd So I then burnt just the first file P GD ROM to a cdrom and this was not detected I then burnt the second file FTS FLASHBIOSUPDATEAsusP GD FMACPIBIOSRevision ISO using 'FreeISOBurner' and this was detected but the message said that it could not find 'P GD FM rom' So now I'm stuck as I can't find this rom and even if I could find it I wouldn't know what to do with it

A:I need help installing drivers after a clean install of XP

Welcome to PCHF Mandigo.

You should never use a third party site to look for drivers you should use the systems manufacture if a pre built system (Gateway/Dell/ETC) or the Hardware's site to get the proper drivers.

Pre Built post the make and model of the system.

DIY go to http://www.astra32.com/download.htm and download the portable file this way there is nothing to install and run the file from a USB Drive or CD.
Click on the Drivers Icon on top and post screen shots if you need any help.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-xp/120849-i-need-help-installing-drivers-after-clean-install-xp.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Okay I managed a clean install yesterday on my wife s quot Dell Inspiron E quot OS quot Windows Xp media Center after Help clean install. installing drivers Edition quot Service tag MBL C The issue I am having is with driver install Help installing drivers after clean install. from the dell s website I have already downloaded the correct chipset drivers I believe and the notebook software driver I have also downloaded a modem driver for it it gave a local area connection incon in my desktop toolbar however before the clean install I had a wireless card and was connected through that My pressing concerns now are Which driver downloads do I need exactly and can someone help me with getting my wireless driver correct one back I am restoring this for my wife who was more than happy thanks to you folks that I was able to get this thing from the blue screen of death I m almost there please someone help me with the final steps -Chris feel free to pm me since I will be on all day today thanks side note when in hardware manager I cannot tell which driver I require for the wireless card because there is no device listed however I was connected through it before the clean install

A:Help installing drivers after clean install.

I have some yellow question marks under "Other devices" on device manager

? Audio device on high definition audio bus.
? base system device
? base system device
? base system device
? modem device on high definition audio bus
? network controler

it say no drivers are instlled for this device under the following:

under system devices - Direct memory access controller
numeric data -processor
programmable interrupt controller
and four system board
system speaker,
system timer

I believe that seems to be all, but again this is my first time doing this...
any help would be greatly appreciated...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266626/help-installing-drivers-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 80.84%

Windows Pro Biostar TZ XE I have been able to quot successfully quot boot the CD Drive into UEFI mode to install Windows onto my new TB SSHD but I run into the error were it stats that the partitions are not in 10 correct in on Windows order? GPT disk, partitions not Installing the recommended order when the ONLY partitions on the disk are the primary and the quot protective MBR Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order? quot before it at slot Now when I am in windows for the first time everything seems fine but as soon as I restart after doing basic setup I run into an issue where I cannot browse any partitions I try to open quot This PC quot but it acts like it Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order? is indexing indefinitely and I never see the drive listing It looks like Windows may not be appropriately setting the order for the partitions I included a screenshot of the setup below Is this incorrect How would I be able to correct the issue At the moment I left my original installation on my TB HHD intact so that I can still have an operating PC and find out some info on this I literally never heard of GPT or at least remember it before a couple days ago

A:Installing Windows 10 on GPT disk, partitions not in correct order?

Are you trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 or an upgrade? If a clean install, then boot from the Windows 10 USB or DVD and select the Custom install option. Delete all the partitions on the drive, then select the unallocated space to install to.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/39918-installing-windows-10-gpt-disk-partitions-not-correct-order.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I did a clean install of windows 7 home edition 64bit, now I have no internet due to drivers not being present.

The problem is I do not know which drivers i need to download (from my other laptop) in order to solve the problem.

after i complete troubleshooting the following problems are found:

standard vga graphics adapter has a driver problem
coprocesssor doesn't have a driver
network controller doesn't have a driver

please help...

THANK YOU

A:Clean W7 install, no internet, drivers not installing

Hi there.

Just a few questions to know more about your system;

1. Bought it with a brand? Acer, HP, lenovo, etc. If so, you can actually visit their website with your brand and model and look for the correct drivers to install.

2. If not, will need you to go into device manager, right click each of those devices showing exclamation marks, choose properties, choose the details tab and select hardware ID. Then paste it here on your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/340646-clean-w7-install-no-internet-drivers-not-installing.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have downloaded my driver files and burned them to a cd. Now, is there any particular order I need to install them?

A:Installing Drivers after clean install of Windows 7

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. You should first run Windows Updates as that should Install most of your Drivers .. Then any that are missing can be got from the Dell Website .. As for order this is what Dell recommends ..

Dell - Windows driver install order for desktops and laptops

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/339233-installing-drivers-after-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys im new to these forums so i dont know if im posting this in the right section but anyways i want to do a clean install of my windows home premium bit i have a dell inspiron laptop not sure what model number but i think its a N or something like that anyways i just got it like a couple of months ago of this year So my question is could i install the drivers from windows update i do have the driver disc that came with it but its very confusing and not very straightforward i had to select each and every clean windows of after 7 installing drivers install drive but i dont know which one is the right one i wish it was how it was with mac bootcamp how you just pop in you mac installation disc and click next and begin to install by the way i did this twice now and it feels like my computer is slower installing drivers after clean install of windows 7 than when i first got it and it could be the dell drivers So is there anyway to do this i know you have to have internet for windows update to work but is there anyway other to do this Also i know that some computers already have the drivers install when you reformat and do a clean install im pretty sure im doing the install correctly i always go to custom advanced and reformat unless that not correct then please correct me if im wrong

A:installing drivers after clean install of windows 7

Hi,

To have Windows install important updates as they become available, turn on automatic updating. Click on the URL mentioned for reference: </SPAN>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-automatic-updating-on-or-off

I would suggest you to install the drivers from the driver disc or you can even go to the URL mentioned for driver’s installation: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriversHome/NeedProductSelection

For windows 7 installation, you can refer to the URL which will guide you with the snapshots:
http://www.door2windows.com/how-to-install-windows-7/

Back up your files before you begin reinstalling Windows 7 if possible, even if you're reinstalling Windows 7 on a hard disk partition, and you have personal files on a separate partition. For example, if you have encrypted files, you might not be able to access them after reinstalling Windows. A custom installation replaces the current version of Windows 7and all personal files.

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/255987-installing-drivers-after-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I am having an issue where when I try to install the nVidia drivers for my gtx the system crashes I get a DPC watchdog violation Fresh install of pro with all latest updates except graphics drivers from wupdate i had them disabled No additional programs except chrome have been installed memTest with - pass's on all sticks return no problems Tested power drivers Nvidia installing install BSOD clean Win of 8.1Pro supply with no issues No HDD failures of any kind Nothing has been added or removed from the system I have not OC'd the PC or adjusted any bios settings that would cause this issue This was originally a nvidia kernel crash with display recover which started last week on Win Pro BSOD installing Nvidia drivers clean install of Win 8.1Pro I thought I deleted something during a cleanup of the HDD's and did a Diver Sweeper uninstall of the driver then re-installed Same issue kernel crash and display recovered it progressively got worse doing it repeatedly over the course of a few minutes even when a UI window was open from windows or any app and the system would BSOD I ended up formatting and installing Win Pro and the moment I install the latest nVidia drivers from their site my display with turn off then try to come back as normal when driver install flickers the screen but it will BSOD I fear this could be a GPU failure which isn't the end of the world but sucks AN UPDATE So I decided to test out swapping GPU's I removed the GTX and put in a gtx and downloaded the latest drivers for that model and installed It works it installed with out issue I suppose I could try installing an older driver for the but I fear I could be in for the same issue AN UPDATE So I ended up 'baking' my GPU and managed to get it booted and the latest drivers installed So far seems to be good and I've managed to place the issue with the GPU itself Hopefully the bake takes hold for awhile

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/62101-bsod-installing-nvidia-drivers-clean-install-win-8-1pro.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I need you suggestion how to install driver in the correct order for Dell Inspiron 3421 for Windows 7 64 bit. I downloaded all drivers for this OS as follows;
1. O14A13
2. Chipset_Driver_DN16M_WN_1.0.6.245_A03
3. Chipset_Driver_T98JJ_WN_9.3.0.1021_A01
4. Audio_Driver_W697W_WN_6.0.1.6782_A02
5. Network_Driver_H2T45_WN_WIN7-7.061.061_A01
6. Network_Driver_NDCK6_WN_10.0.0.227_A01
7. SD-Card_Driver_CWY8H_WN_6.2.8400.39034_A02
8. AHCI_INTEL_WIN7_X00_A00_Setup-100F1_ZPE
9. iMEI_Intel_W7_X00_A00_Setup-V26WM_ZPE
10. Input_Driver_JXTK2_WN_17.0.14_A07
11. Serial-ATA_Driver_5JY9Y_WN_12.8.0.1016_A02
12. Video_Driver_W8CTK_WN_9.17.10.2867_A02
13. Network_Driver_6J4VN_WN_WIFI6.20.55.51_A02
14. Application_YGHP9_WN_11.1.007_A02
15. TBM_Intel_WIN_X01_A00_Setup-43M1V_ZPE
Please advise
1. if there are more drivers to be download for this model
2. the correct order to install the above drivers
Thank you in advance for your suggestion

A:how to install driver in the correct order for Dell Inspiron 3421 for Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us !
We would suggest you to go on to the Dell website and you will be able to search either by system model or service tag which will get you all the drivers and applications that you would require for your system.
Also you can download the Dell system detect from the dell website which would also help you do the same .
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19988934
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi Roughly months ago I ran into a boot loop problem with my graphic design amp gaming rig I attempted various things like booting from an xp cd but since the system was vista I just got blue screens have lost vista cd also attempting to boot into safemode resulted in the continual boot loop amp last safe boot resulted in restarts continual infected Installing hd order in as slave clean a to it boot loop At first I though I had a problem with my gigabyte motherboard as they are apparently notorious for boot loop issues I installed a newly purchased asus board my computer booted didnt loop but at the loading stage just before you type in your password I got bluescreen for a second and it then rebooted This was so annoying as I couldnt see the top Installing infected hd as a slave in order to clean it error code or x xxxxxx error code that you get on the blue screen So I attempted to change my sticks of ram around then used only one then I Installed older gig versions of my ocz ram still same bluescreen result no matter what Then I replaced my gainward gfx with my older nvidia gs gpu still same bluescreen result I then gave up for a while until I was given my mates old gig hd This booted perfectly I then cleared off a bunch of rubbish set up my admin account installed my drivers and am now once again playing cod world of war happily tho without dx that I had with vista its not really making much use of the insane gpu I have So now I have an incredibly powerful system running on an old xp sp gig hd The conclusion I came to was that Well I might aswell slave the infected hd use malwarebytes antiva amp comodo to give it a good cleaning in safe mod and retrieve my gig of essential content lost months ago Problem is I really dont know how to do this properly How do I go about slaving my infected vista sp gig sata clean it up properly disposing of that hard to get grime in the registry amp sorting out bad sectors without infecting the old but clean xp hd edit before the original hd contracted a boot loop infection it had been working fine for around years Also the hd Im attempting to slave is a maxtor diamond max gig sata Problem is I cant seem to find any info on the jumper settings on the drive they usually show it but on my one it only shows that setting it on the pins farthest from the cable connector limits it to m s and no jumper at all delimits to mb s Vermillion

A:Installing infected hd as a slave in order to clean it

After some persistent investigation, I came across this http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support.../100496101a.pdf and read that there is actually no master or slave setting. The relationship is that it is always a master. This is highly disappointing news. Im going to connect it anyway, as theres clearly no other options here. Slave was justa safe way to get my data, Ill just have to risk it, hoping it boots, then hoping it auctually recognizes the dodge hd. Hmmm..(edit) Could I get some advice on this before I go ahead with it? Vermillion

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/260955/installing-infected-hd-as-a-slave-in-order-to-clean-it/
Relevancy 72.67%

hi

once you have re-installed your clean OS is there an order inwich to install drivers i.e chipset then video audio and so on? or can they be installed in any rder?

thanks

A:when re-installing drivers is there an order??

Hi billybellfoot,

It is advisable to install the drivers in a specific order:

1. Chipset drivers.
2. Display adapter.
3. Wired network interface card (NIC)
4. Audio adapter
5. Modem (if available)
6. Touchpad, Pointer, Track-stick, Mice, and Keyboards
7. Other devices ? Bluetooth modules, fingerprint readers, touch-screen digitizers, etc.

For any clarifications feel free to contact me.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/298974-when-re-installing-drivers-there-order.html
Relevancy 72.67%

What is the best order for installing drivers and windows updates?

A:best order for installing drivers?

Install the chipset driver first if it is available. I think Intel now calls it "chipset software installation utility".

I'd probably then make sure I had a working Internet connection--that requires an Ethernet driver.

Not sure it matters after that.

Windows Update will normally feed you only certain updates, depending on what it sees when it analyzes your PC.

You should be sure you have Service Pack 1, but it won't be offered unless certain other updates are in place.

The normal advice is to take the updates a few at a time, rebooting after each batch---rather than taking 50 in one dose.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/249958-best-order-installing-drivers.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok my new dell has been sabatoshed by my nephew and l want to do a clean install i created a ghost image of the computers birth on a DVD but i dont got my external burner or my ghost stuff b c i lent it out to a buddy that went to another state for weeks what timing So i need to do a clean install b c my comp is all out of wack now and no i dont want to troubleshoot it just nuke the OS and way to install??? clean Correct a do pave over it Correct way to do a clean install??? Ok so does anyone got any good links for installing XP Pro and the steps that should follow after it Basically from what i remember is to go over existing OS delete the partiton create a new one and format it do the OS install after the OS install install the hardware drivers probably the chipset driver first then the video then audio and whatever else then do the windows updates right something like that any info links or person know how is greatly appreciated Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Correct way to do a clean install???

This is a good site
http://www.blackviper.com

Specifically XP Home is here on that site:
http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-way-to-do-a-clean-install.267466/
Relevancy 72.67%

Ok my new dell has been sabatoshed by my nephew and l want to do a clean install i created a ghost image of the computers birth on a DVD but i dont got my external burner or my ghost stuff b c i lent it out to a buddy that went to another state for weeks what timing So i need to do a clean install b c my comp is all out of wack now and no i dont want to troubleshoot it just nuke the OS and pave over it Ok so does anyone install??? way do clean Correct to a got any good links for installing XP Pro and the steps that should follow after it Basically from what i remember is to go over existing OS delete the partiton create a new one and format it do the OS install after the OS install install the hardware drivers probably the chipset driver Correct way to do a clean install??? first then the video then audio and whatever else then do the windows updates right something like that any info links or person know how Correct way to do a clean install??? is greatly appreciated Thanks Correct way to do a clean install??? for reading nbsp

A:Correct way to do a clean install???

This is a good site
http://www.blackviper.com

Specifically XP Home is here on that site:
http://www.blackviper.com/Articles/OS/InstallXPHome/installxphome1.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/correct-way-to-do-a-clean-install.267466/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a problem that i've encountered many times. (sometimes i had to install the win 7 twice because i've screwd up with order of installing drivers.
So. Can someone tell exactly in what order should all be installed

For now i do this
1. SSD secure erase (i have a ssd)
2. Then i start win 7 setup and manualy make a partition (to get rid of 100MB auto partition)
3. After the windows finishes and start. I install chipset drivers. Intel INF.
4. Video drivers
5. Audio, network,
6. Intel Rapid Storage and Management engine
Then Windows Updates and Then antivirus Microsoft Security.

What is the ideal order of installing all of these ? It's usefull to first unistall the windows drivers for all the "Custom / Manufacturer" drivers install (Like uninstalling the windows driver for my soundcard or network before installing realtek latest drivers) ?

A:Order tutorial of installing drivers

Hello, I don't know if there is any order of installing them... In Windows 7 I usually install:
1. VGA
2. Audio
3. LAN/WiFi
and some other controllers, if they are missing.

Also, was searching and found this: http://www.edbott.com/weblog/2009/08...ll-drivers-in/

Take a look at it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/216485-order-tutorial-installing-drivers.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I would really appreciate if someone could just way install of Is to this Windows correct do a clean 7? a briefly look through Is this a correct way to do a clean install of Windows 7? my steps and let me know if this is a correct way of performing a clean install of Windows without any flaws Insert the CD with the Windows image on it Boot from the CD and follow the setup steps Select custom installation and Advanced Drive Options Delete everything until it reads Disk Unallocated Space Start the installation Disconnect all USB devices such as headsets WiFi Adapters etc Await the installation to Is this a correct way to do a clean install of Windows 7? fully complete Insert the personal settings such as username password etc Boot to the desktop and remove the CD Activate Windows for me automatically Proceed with disabling Windows Update and Automatic Driver Installation from Windows Update Extract the drivers from a USB-drive and install in the followig order Chipset Driver USB Driver Microsoft NET Framework Intel Rapid Storage Technology Intel Management Engine Intel Display Driver NVIDIA Display Driver LAN Driver WLAN Driver Audio Driver Lastly I enable Windows Update and leave it to update until no more updates can be found update DirectX with the June runtime run the system classification optionally create a system backup and then proceed with installing my software also extracted from the USB-drive Thanks alot

A:Is this a correct way to do a clean install of Windows 7?

This is the correct way, but I would suggest at step #11 going to the Device Manager and viewing the devices. You only need to update drivers that are missing (eg) have a yellow flag next to them, or are not listed (eg) USB 3.0 driver, WIFI driver. Unless you are having a problem with that device or a BSOD, there is no reason to update the driver in most cases, but it doesn't hurt to do so. Also, you don't have to disable Automatic Updates before installing drivers, in many cases, Windows update will have a newer driver then the one you have saved.
Then you would want to install Java, Adobe Flashplayer, Shockwave, and Reader unless you have Acrobat.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-this-a-correct-way-to-do-a-clean-install-of-windows-7-a-895474.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello everyone,
I reinstalled XP on a pc yesterday and am having some problems with Windows Updates.

My question is two fold:
1. Is there a specific order in which we can update an XP machine without problems (generally)?
2. Is it possible to create a DVD with an update package so we don't have to connect to the Windows Update website?

I tried to download and install IE8 to make the update process easier, but that required another update, but I was unable to get that from the Update site.

A:Order of updates for XP clean install

Hi run windows update it will download things as it needs them,you can get the service packs
Download Windows XP Service Pack 1a Express Install (32-Bit) for End Users from Official Microsoft Download Center
Download Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (32-bit x86) - ISO-9660 CD Image File from Official Microsoft Download Centre
How to download Windows XP SP3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/order-of-updates-for-xp-clean-install-691440.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi, I have recently purchased Windows 8 Pro Upgrade and for Christmas I will be getting my first SSD.

I want to do a clean install of 8.1 via USB, is this possible with the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade key? I have read through numerous tutorials and think I've got it right but just want some to clarify this will work.

Download the 8.1 ISO
Use the generic key to run the installer
Setup the PC
Open PC Settings
Change Product Key enter Win 8 Pro (upgrade) key and activate

Do I then need to do the reg edit and command prompt changes?
Regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE
Command prompt - slmgr /rearm

Do I have this right or am I missing something?

Thanks

A:Correct steps win 8.1 clean install?l (8 pro upgrade key)

Originally Posted by niklfc83

Hi, I have recently purchased Windows 8 Pro Upgrade and for Christmas I will be getting my first SSD.

I want to do a clean install of 8.1 via USB, is this possible with the Windows 8 Pro Upgrade key? I have read through numerous tutorials and think I've got it right but just want some to clarify this will work.

Download the 8.1 ISO
Use the generic key to run the installer
Setup the PC
Open PC Settings
Change Product Key enter Win 8 Pro (upgrade) key and activate

Do I then need to do the reg edit and command prompt changes?
Regedit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Setup/OOBE
Command prompt - slmgr /rearm

Do I have this right or am I missing something?

Thanks

I don't think you need to do anything once your clean installed to 8.1 pro and activated with your 8.1 pro Key your done, test your system and install your programs

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/36698-correct-steps-win-8-1-clean-install-l-8-pro-upgrade-key.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a windows 7 pro 64-bit and need to install XP to dual boot. I have a new Dell optiplex 7010 SFF and cannot find the right drivers to detect my SATA hard drive. The drivers from dell do not have the right inf file to load into easyBCD. So the install ends with no mass storage devices available.

Thank You

A:Cannot find correct sata drivers for installing windows xp

jsnight: have you tried this:SATA Drivers - Load in Windows XP Setup on Dual Boot

sevenforums have great tutorials.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/293370-cannot-find-correct-sata-drivers-installing-windows-xp.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When you format you HD then start installing windows for ex in my case an asrock extreme which has intel chipset What is the first order of business and what if any tricks does one need to know when doing a clean install Obviously i try to get newest important when order Whats clean a most in doing install drivers the video is the easiest but often the drivers on the MOBO CD are not the newest In my case i was able to get newer intel INF Driver the realtek and the USB intel driver and lan For some reason the intel app that is supposed to help you ID and find updates is total garbage it has not worked once More annoying is when you have dual versions as in dual manufacturers for USB and LAN in my case I have asrock extreme though i chose to go with the intel lan to just make it easier still have yet to learn if it was the right choice and for some reason im unable to DL asmedia drivers they dont seem to let you do it off Whats most important in order when doing a clean install their site and im weary of going off quot the net quot does anyone know of a site that has drivers and they are legit This time once i get all the basics installed im making me a system image Tired of having to start from scratch each time Thanks Sebastian

A:Whats most important in order when doing a clean install

I'd recommend following Greg's tutorial on doing a clean install: Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

It's very detailed and covers everything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368605-whats-most-important-order-when-doing-clean-install.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all I've done tons of clean installs of Windows x and finally am upgrading my oldish Thinkpad T from XP Pro I did a clean install of Windows x from Microsoft installation media this is pre-SP Worked fine Then installed all the Thinkpad drivers and clean to Windows and of beyond? up SP1 for x64 install 7 Proper order software which also went well When it came time to install all the Microsoft updates I let the update process pick all the updates to be applied some were not checked as I've noticed happens lately and let it do its thing I started Microsoft Update over and over during this process to get the latest updates as one would hope The thing that was weird about it this Proper order for clean install of Windows 7 x64 up to SP1 and beyond? time is Microsoft Update failed on several occasions about or update cycles on a total of about or updates Some of these look like the updates being applied by Microsoft Update in Proper order for clean install of Windows 7 x64 up to SP1 and beyond? the wrong order eg SP -dependent updates being applied before SP was installed Internet Explorer updates being applied after Internet Explorer had already been installed etc Eventually it seemed to settle down and stopped suggesting any more updates My question is Should I trust that Proper order for clean install of Windows 7 x64 up to SP1 and beyond? all the updates went as they should Since the update process failed several times I don't quite trust that Microsoft Update always does things the right way Some folks have said I should install SP before any other update Others have said SP might depend on some previous updates Others say it might CONFLICT with some previous updates Ideally I'd have a DVD with SP already applied but I don't want to purchase another copy of Windows Pro just for that I know I can download SP separately but that leaves the questions above still unanswered Has anyone found a quot perfect quot order for applying updates so that none of them fail in this way And would you trust that everything was just hunky-dory after seeing these failures as long as Windows didn't suggest any more updates My main concern is that somewhere in there an update may have been applied that is out of order or incorrect given other updates and something will break down the line and soon - Tim

A:Proper order for clean install of Windows 7 x64 up to SP1 and beyond?

I would have installed using the latest official installer ISO with SP1, available in Step 1 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. This saves hours of updating and confusion.

I'd also follow the Best Practices in the tutorial since you apparently installed a bunch of drivers before doing your Windows Updates which is how Win7 provides the latest drivers it wants being the first driver-complete OS.

As to the Updates shuffling, it can happen and normally sorts itself out. But you save hours of updating and have a much smoother course if you use the latest installer with SP1.

You can trust all Updates, set to Automatic, since failures resulting in serious problems are better than one in a million.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/264424-proper-order-clean-install-windows-7-x64-up-sp1-beyond.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I haven't given this much thought on builds I've done for my own use so far but now I'm starting to build systems for other people amp I'm putting more effort into making sure everything is done correctly and will remain stable as long as possible especially under the care amp feeding of a typical PC user I currently have a fresh build which has all the hardware installed and verified working properly looking at a completely clean Windows desktop I also have prepared all the rd-party drivers and updates needed for the components INF GPU etc What's the recommended order to proceed now given all this stuff that needs doing to finish configuration and hand it off to the new to everything system? a Best Win8.1 on clean install order owner Windows UpdatesWindows settings personalization configuration rd-party Best order to install everything on a clean Win8.1 system? drivers updatesSoftware installs And is there a way to make sure Windows won't auto-install its own choice of drivers I've already obtained from the manufacturers the correct compatible stable versions that Best order to install everything on a clean Win8.1 system? the system should have on it Desktop PC custom build Windows -bit if you need more details just ask

A:Best order to install everything on a clean Win8.1 system?

For me, i install the OS and just enough drivers to get device manager clean. I then run Windows update until complete. I then take an image and call it "plain vanilla". I then install my normal software using a combination of ninite.com and just the 3rd party installers. Once done, I take one more image.

I don't worry about replacing all Windows device drivers. I install the chipset and the SATA controllers for sure. I always install the audio and the video drivers. For everything else, I only install if the device manager shows a warning or something not working.

That's worked well for me at home, building computers for others and in my job setting up all workstations at our office.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/59996-best-order-install-everything-clean-win8-1-system.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all,

After a clean install of W7 Pro x64 I've got an issue:

My laptop (Dell XPS15) won't pick up the correct screen or graphics anymore

It says I just have a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "Generic Non-PnP Monitor"...

When it should say i have a "2GB nVIDIA GeForce GT 435M" and "15.6 FHD B+RGLED" :/ I'm unsure of what I should do next, the drivers on the CD i got won't do anything...

Thank you for the help in advance.

A:Won't detect correct Graphics & Screen after Clean Install

Quote: Originally Posted by Zero Beat

Hello all,

After a clean install of W7 Pro x64 I've got an issue:

My laptop (Dell XPS15) won't pick up the correct screen or graphics anymore

It says I just have a "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" and a "Generic Non-PnP Monitor"...

When it should say i have a "2GB nVIDIA GeForce GT 435M" and "15.6 FHD B+RGLED" :/ I'm unsure of what I should do next, the drivers on the CD i got won't do anything...

Thank you for the help in advance.

Go to support.dell.com, input your express service tag and download the correct driver. Then install it

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/201312-wont-detect-correct-graphics-screen-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi Everyone I looked through installation guides on here for the recommended installation order for drivers after a clean Windows installation on an XPS from Windows disc I also spoke to Tech Support but keep getting conflicting advice so I thought I would try posting here install question Driver Installation clean after a Order The question I have is regarding the Intel Chipset drivers I know that they must be installed first before any other drivers The confusion I have is regarding the Intel AMT HECI drivers Intel Management Engine Interface which are also listed as Chipset drivers Previous Support Technicians have always said that the Intel AMT HECI drivers installation order is not important so can be installed anytime They always say Driver Installation Order question after a clean install Intel Chipset software must be done first though I have read driver order installation guides which shows HECI drivers way down on the installation order too The other day I was speaking to a guy over the phone on tech support who told me that you should install the Intel Chipset software then the HECI drivers next The reason I ask is I did a clean Windows installation only last week I installed the Intel Chipset software first and I have installed other drivers including Graphics and Wireless Network drivers My HECI drivers were installed later Will this cause me problems or will it be OK Any advice would be appreciated Thanks very much in advance

A:Driver Installation Order question after a clean install

The chipset drivers are always first as others have told you followed by the graphics drivers then the rest at your convenience or whatever is pressing.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/54519-driver-installation-order-question-after-clean-install.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I had to reinstall XP, I believe my soundcard is SigmaTel STAC9750/51 so I downloaded the right drivers but when I try to install I get a message saying "Device object not found". It's very frustrating and I really hope someone can help! Thanks.

Relevancy 68.8%

ok i have a acer aspire 7720-6155 notebook that originally had vista home premium factory installed on it and it came with no oem disk or battery

long story short vista died of the plague so i installed xp pro sp3 and updates but not specific ones

some of my hardware is not working...that hardware would be built in webcam, soundcard no sound no headphone sound and built in wireless is not working.

right now i got it running my wireless usb adapter, it says it is wireless connection 3

I don't know what drivers to download from acer or if they will work on xp

iv never had xp on a computer that didn't have it pre-installed so im in a learning curve right now

Relevancy 68.8%

Hello I install for Qosmio and XP E10 Pro Win drivers order bought recently Qosmio E in Korea The OS is Korean Win XP Home I would like to change it so I guess I have two options Get a restore CD in English But I read that Toshiba has the strange rule not to Win XP Pro drivers and install order for Qosmio E10 give restore CD with different language I wrote them they Win XP Pro drivers and install order for Qosmio E10 don't answer for now Install Win XP Pro myself I have only this license The issue in this case is to be able to get all the drivers I need I found good drivers on several locations On http www toshiba co kr but I worry that these drivers are for Korean XP The other place is http eu computers toshiba-europe com cgi-bin ToshibaCSG download drivers bios jsp In this place most of the drivers are for Media Center edition There are drivers for XP Pro but they are not so many and there is no install order For example there is no NVidia driver while such driver is available for the media center Maybe I can use Media center drivers on XP Pro So my question is What drivers I have to use and and what order to get a proper working XP Pro It would be nice to know where to download QosmioUI I found the Linux player and I will install it but I want also to have the player in Windows

A:Win XP Pro drivers and install order for Qosmio E10

Hi

first of all - as far as I see it, MCE is just WinXP with additional functionality. Means that drivers for MCE also work with XP Pro or Home.

Download the install instruction for the E10 via the last link that you have mentioned (remember - the hotfixes are based on a WinXP SP1a. If You have WinXP with SP2 then you should disregard the hotfixes and maybe add the post SP2 hotfixes instead.)

Good luck!

Tom

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?4943-Win-XP-Pro-drivers-and-install-order-for-Qosmio-E10
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

I just bought this laptop:

LENOVO ESSENTIAL G500H 59-395372 15.6'' INTEL CORE I3-3120M 4GB 1TB AMD RADEON HD8570M 1GB FREE DOS

With no windows.
It came with free dos on it. Which is just fine.

I will use my own new copy of windows 7 64-bit.

I found and will download the lenovo-drivers from here

Drivers and software - Lenovo G500 Notebook:
Drivers and software - Lenovo G500 Notebook

My humble quesation is:

Is there a particular driver installation order ?

I am thinking of doing it in thisorder:

-Windows 7
-windows 7 SP1
-BIOS
-chipset
-amd video
-audio
-usb device
-blue tooth
-atheros LAN
-WLAN
-camera
-card reader
-touch pad
-power mgmt
-turn on internet connection and perform all the Windows updates

Also there are some others, that I am not sure if I really need them.
Do you think i need these drivers?
-intel video drivers
-intel mgmt engine
-intel rapid storage

Thank you in advance,
kVargas

A:How do I install Laptop drivers in the proper order

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. After you do a Clean Install of Windows run Windows updates .. Any Drivers that are missing after that you can get from the Lenovo website ... You will probably need very few .. Chipset Driver and because you have duel Graphics it would be best to get them too .. You will need the Function Key Software and Card Reader Driver .. And the USB 3 Driver .. You dont want all the Bloatware as that will only slow your Laptop down ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/318813-how-do-i-install-laptop-drivers-proper-order.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Is it possible to take a look at any file / files at vaio recovery partition to find out how the operative system works e.g in which order the dirvers get installed on the lap top ?

I tried many times to make a clean install on my Vario- VPCEB2S1E .. and followed some orders but afterwards the display resouloution , brightness and contrast is bad even after updating the graphic driver ! I suspect some driver/ file is missing here !

We need an expert here

A:VAIO Original order to install drivers

Quote: Originally Posted by mystery

Is it possible to take a look at any file / files at vaio recovery partition to find out how the operative system works e.g in which order the dirvers get installed on the lap top ?

I tried many times to make a clean install on my Vario- VPCEB2S1E .. and followed some orders but afterwards the display resouloution , brightness and contrast is bad even after updating the graphic driver ! I suspect some driver/ file is missing here !

We need an expert here

Hi mystery, Welcome to the forums, You could try looking here Sony eSupport - Microsoft? Windows? XP Installation this is for XP but the principal and order are the same for Vista/7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/196950-vaio-original-order-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have just recently acquired a Satellite C850 PSCBWA-009L001 to work on and I am installing Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit , I need to know the correct order to install the drivers as I have had issues in the past with other Toshiba laptops not working correctly due to not installing the drivers in the right order.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91806-Satellite-C850-what-order-to-install-Win-7-drivers
Relevancy 67.08%

Finaly got the computer built over the weekend Now I just need to install all the drivers right Windows has been installed But I have not done any of the updates I did an update search and it looks like there is something like updates Wow But that makes sense considering how old it is Is there any ideal or specific order to install all the updated drivers Here is the sequence that I thought safest way that made sense to me Please correct me Update all windows updates Install K P anti virus software and all updates Update all MOBO Gigabyte Z X gaming drivers After indows was installed I was not able to get any internet connect So I installed the install CD that came with my MOBO Then I had a connection to the internet I assume there are updates though for this MOBO MSI GTX Gaming G Install updated drivers Do I just go to the website for the updated drivers I think this came with a CD If yes it did would it be better off to install the CD then update drivers Or would I be better just going to the website and install everything from there Is that all Are there updates or anything I order drivers/updates? install specific It's built! to Any need to do to the following LG optical BLu-Ray drive Rosewill card reader Kingwin It's built! Any specific order to install drivers/updates? FPX- fan controller HGST tb HDD Samsung pro gb SSDI assume there is nothing to do with these Thank you for your helpCorsair TCorsair and mm fans SP and AF Corsair w HS PSUIntal i k CPUGigabyte Z x gaming MOBOHGST tb rpm HDD for storage of files Samsung pro gb SSD for O S and programs LG Blu-Ray optical driveRosewill card readerKingwin FPX- card readerNoctua NH-D CPU cooler heatsingWindows bit Home PremiumIce Modz custom colored cable I think thats everything And when getting all these updated drivers Is it best to install directly from the internet onto this computer Or is there any advantage to using my other computer and installing on a flash reader then installing on this new computer Oh yeah I swapped my OEM HDD to a Samsung pro SSD uin my Toshiba laptop WOW Only takes seconds to have computer up and running And seconds to shutdown I just wonder if my MOBO or CPU is bottle necking the full potential of my SSD This was a best buy special laptop frldyz is online now nbsp Report Post nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:It's built! Any specific order to install drivers/updates?

Install drivers first - get them from the manufacturers of the various equipment, NOT from Microsoft Update. And although it's not as crucial today as it once was, it's still probably best to start with the chipset driver.Install your AV next. Do not wait until after the MS Updates. It's always better to have an active AV while you are online.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,150497.0.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an ASRock gx AM MB I recently purchased a Visiontek Radeon HD video card I popped the card in and hooked up my vga cable I booted up to my OS win x and installed the drivers for my card This Was all after I had previously uninstalled on board graphics and changed settings in bios to use PCI express as my video output Okay so after a reboot things are going smooth So I unplug my vga cable and plug in my DVI cable and get no video So I unplug the DVI and plug back in the VGA cable and I then have NO video So I reboot my computer with no luck Then I plug my vga back into my on board slot and take a look in my device manager and it isn t showing my video card only MB no longer ASRock install drivers card or recognize video correct will on board graphics and on top of that every time I run the ATI software to install drivers for my card it will only install drivers for my on board graphics and doesn t install them for my PCI Express card I m sure the card and slot are fine as I have run them successfully once before I ASRock MB will no longer recognize video card or install correct drivers don t know what to do but I really don t want to have to go through the hassle of sending my card back Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:ASRock MB will no longer recognize video card or install correct drivers

Could the fact that it isn't recognized by my PC be do to a lack of power from my psu? I have a raidmax 530w psu and min for the card is 400 so I figured I was okay... There is no place on the card to hook a cable from the psu to. It gets all its power straight from the MB... I dunno if that info will help any

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-mb-will-no-longer-recognize-video-card-or-install-correct-drivers.168264/
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm I not right in saying that when performing a clean install you should make sure the drivers for any device in the Device Manager is downloaded before going through the normal procedure which is Chipset,Video,Audio,modem Network, and Programs etc? This is for Windows Vista Home Premium.
Or would you follow the order I stated and then include any other drivers that may not be installed and also update?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/the-correct-order-218883.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite C50 loaded with windows 8 but want to revert to windows 7.

I have downloaded the necessary drivers and have mounted the .exe files onto a USB pen for installation.

Before I proceed to wipe windows 8 I'd like to know - if I install 7, will my trackpad stop functioning?

If so, how do I install the relevant drivers from the USB pen?

Thanks, John

A:Clean install of windows 7 - how to install drivers from USB memory stick?

99.9% sure that W7 will identify the trackpad and install it. You just run the exe's using file explorer or Start >Run then browse. You may decide to leave the laptop as the W7 install left it but you should check Device Manager to ensure there are no unrecognised devices

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?73750-Clean-install-of-windows-7-how-to-install-drivers-from-USB-memory-stick
Relevancy 63.64%

How do manufactures install the drivers before the Windows 7 Start up and before you create your account and everything? Because I fix computer for people and when I usually reinstall Windows for them, I have to set up the account to install the needed drivers for their computer. How could I install the before the account creation so that they can set up their own account by themselves?

A:Installing drivers before clean OEM Windows 7 Start Up?

Have a look at this tutorial especially from phase 2 on.

Windows 7 Installation - Prepare PC to be Sold

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/302984-installing-drivers-before-clean-oem-windows-7-start-up.html
Relevancy 63.21%

sir i had purchased the hp pavilion 15au111tx from the hp retailer and also i had registered for the hp diwali offer. In that offer i mentioned that i want hp bluetooth speaker and headset but in my order claim status showing me that i had ordered shoppers stop gift voucher. so can you please help me to change the order claim as  hp bluetooth speaker and headset

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/To-correct-my-order-description/td-p/5848855
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 3 hdd. All of them are sata and i can see the corect order showed in BIOS:
Disk 0 - WD 500GB
Disk 1 - WD 1TB
Disk 2 - Samsung 1TB

Right from the instalation part windows does not see the corect order.
Disk 0 - WD 1TB
Disk 1 - WD 500GB
Disk 2 - Samsung 1 TB

Any ideea why?

A:Windows does not see correct hdd order.

Windows sees the order based on the Boot Order in BIOS.
BIOS sees the order based on the SATA port they are hooked up to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/168885-windows-does-not-see-correct-hdd-order.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I'm working on a re-install of all components following a complete corruption of the boot Win7x64, Won't Drivers clean Install Audio - IDT install sector on my drive which could not be fixed with repairs The last time I installed everything fresh I had no issues Between then and now there have been no hardware changes on my system but now I am having issues installing the IDT Codecs I keep getting an error along the following lines Quote ExitError Error Device Object not present restart the system and run setup again Running under compatibility mode IDT Audio Drivers Won't Install - Win7x64, clean install and running drivers from both the motherboard CD and the manufacturer website both have the same effect The CD when booted says quot This OS not support quot and only contains -bit vista codecs ECS' website download indicates the IDT drivers as being compatible with Win IDT Audio Drivers Won't Install - Win7x64, clean install Both do not work It is almost as if the hardware quot disappeared quot despite the fact that I was using the drivers quite successfully till just days ago when the boot sector went kaput Windows has installed its own default set which do nothing to power the mm jacks which I use with my speakers but instead put sound through the HDMI which is useless because I use a dedicated graphics card I have tried uninstalling this codec and re-installing IDT to no effect Windows replaces IDT Audio Drivers Won't Install - Win7x64, clean install with its own default codec I have referenced this thread here but offered solutions do not seem to work for me Intel IDT Audio Driver will not install Looking for any guidance seeing as how ECS is not forthcoming with any help

A:IDT Audio Drivers Won't Install - Win7x64, clean install

Do you actually have the newer IDT audio chip or an older SigmaTel audio chip. In most cases the newer IDT drivers will not work with the older SigmaTel chips.

If the drivers are Vista compatible and the correct IDT or Sigmatel (32 and/or 64) they should work in Win 7.

When you reinstalled did you install any motherboard chipset drivers? Generally, on a reinstall if the chipset drivers are not installed then some device drivers and especially sound drivers will not install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/211594-idt-audio-drivers-wont-install-win7x64-clean-install.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a new, clean install of win7 and I'm trying to sync my ipad 2 with itunes but when I plug the ipad into the usb port I don't get that beep/sound acknowledgement that a device has been plugged in and installing it's drivers so itunes can recognize it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/393564-new-clean-install-isnt-seeing-install-ipad-drivers-when-i-plug.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, I had a phone tech work with me and he changed my boot sequence. I can't remember the order that it was in before he messed around with other things and didn't put it back to what it was. A little frustrated with his help because it was for naught, and only made a bigger mess. Anyway, as I said I can't remember what order, which comes first? He has it set to floppy. Does the hard drive come first in the list followed by disk drive, then floppy? Please advise. With thanks,

Relevancy 62.35%

I've finally found a program that allows me to sync (and do all sorts of things) my iPod with Windows Media Player - which is good, as I don't care much for iTunes, however the one thing that iTunes has, that WMP 11 doesn't, is that it plays multiple cd's in the correct order.

Let's say I have an album with two cd's ...for simplicity, it has 2 songs on each cd. iTunes plays it, 1, 2, 1, 2 - while WMP stupidly plays it 1, 1, 2, 2.

Is there any add-on that can fix this (preferably free)?

Thanks in advance

A:Getting multiple cd's to play in correct order

Making a playlist in WMP would do it. You make a new playlist and you can drag the tracks back and forth to determine order.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/269841-getting-multiple-cds-play-correct-order.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I downloaded latest Win Home ISO with Media Creation Tool And prepared bootable ISO with latest Rufus portable I clean install Win Home with this bootable ISO on laptop HP almost similar to mine Acer amp my laptop HP On both HP amp Acer no probs I tried clean install on my HP laptop I had already installed Win on first stable release amp no probs were there install windows updates amp everything is fine BUT on first windows updates it find couple updates amp everything installs fine except graphic amp audio drivers It mention error failed to install And for other installed updates I have to restart the system After system restart on settings panel windows updates mention there were probs with some updates Retry I click retry amp windows updates starts checking windows updates amp mention up-to-date I checked graphic amp audio drivers on device manager amp it mention drivers working fine No yellow icon or anything Graphic amp Audio on the system seems fine But whenever I start system it remains black for couple mins little longer than 64 10 Win Scene Install Drivers Clean Install normal amp screen directly appears Win 10 64 Clean Install Drivers Install Scene on logon screen or sometimes I press enter few times amp then logon screen appears Subsequent restart no probs But if I shutdown the system the same prob i e first start with black screen amp subsequent restart no probs I am thinking of uninstall reinstall drivers How to do it I mean on device manager graphic driver is shown When I click show hidden devices more graphic driver is shown that seems the same And audio drivers are shown IDT amp guess windows inbuilt show hidden devices show more drivers Do I have to uninstall each amp everyone or uninstalling one will automatically uninstall all nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/win-10-64-clean-install-drivers-install-scene.54086/
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm typing this from my laptop Thank goodness I have one Alright on my Windows XP desktop I installed the Flyakite OSX Tramsformation pack that makes your Windows computer look similar install install after Can't Drivers Display clean to Mac including boot screen login screen shutdown screen When I used the uninstaller it uninstalled everything except those three things above My computer was also very slow So I decided to do a clean install of my system using the CD that came with my computer I formatted my hard drive then it continued with the installation When it was finally over it loaded very fast but the screen resolution was at x and I couldn't make it larger The slider wouldn't move The colors were Medium bit and it was the only option in the drop down box Troubleshoot didn't help me at all so I clicked Advanced I couldn't even access the dropdown box for DPI setting It was Can't install Display Drivers after clean install greyed out and on Normal Size DPI Under the Adapter tab in Advanced all of the Adapter Information was lt Can't install Display Drivers after clean install unavailable gt Is this normal Under the Monitor tab The Monitor type was quot Default Monitor quot and the Properties button was greyed out and I couldn't click on it There is also only ONE thing under Add or Remove programs Dell Resource CD which I had installed while trying to fix the problem myself I tried to install the monitor driver but in the readme on the CD it told me to go to Monitor properties to install them But it was greyed out Someone PLEASE help me fix this My desktop is practically unusable Can't install my network adapter because I can't even see half of the Setup window because of the unchangeable resolution

A:Can't install Display Drivers after clean install

Hello Mp5shooter

There are lots of drivers on that Dell Resource CD which you need to install.

See this help from Dell. It tells you which order to install them.
Installing the video driver will probably fix your problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-install-display-drivers-after-clean-install-272942.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Dear all I'm gonna add a Samsung EVO and make a clean Windows install in this Envy Apparently this is my notebook nbsp http support hp com us-en product HP-ENVY- -n -Notebook-PC model nbsp First question is how do I get a list with my product specification Could not find on the site I can easily find them for my previos HP notebooks nbsp Second in which order should I install the drivers I downloaded from HP site Which of them need a reboot after install nbsp HP Notebook System BIOS Update Intel Processors sp exeHP Wireless Button Driver sp exeIntel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver sp exeIntel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework sp exeIntel High-Definition HD Graphics Driver sp exeIntel Management Engine Interface MEI sp exeIntel RealSense Depth Camera Manager DCM sp exeIntel Serial IO Driver sp exeIntel Software Guard Extensions Device SGX sp exeIntel Wireless LAN Drivers sp exeNVIDIA High-Definition win10 to install install, which Clean drivers HD Graphics Driver sp exeRealtek Card Reader Driver sp exeRealtek High-Definition-audio sp exeRealtek Local Area Network LAN Driver sp exeRealtek RTL BE-RTL EE bgn Wireless LAN Drivers sp exeSynaptics TouchPad Driver sp exeValidity Fingerprint Sensor Driver sp exe nbsp Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Clean-win10-install-which-drivers-to-install/td-p/5616242
Relevancy 61.92%

..and won't install my network card or printer. They all have a question mark beside them in Device Manager.

I recently performed a driver update on this computer using Driver Genius then I had to format and install a new drive on to which I've been trying to install XP

I can't connect to the Net although I have one 1394 connection installed.

Any ideas most welcome. In fact my first born may be available....
Thanks in advance

A:Clean install won't install various controller drivers?

PS I'm still able to operate my laptop which has a wireless connection to the same modem/router I use for my desktop. Hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/clean-install-wont-install-various-controller-drivers-240018.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hello everyone,

i have a sandisk mp3 player (256 mb) and the only problem i have with it is when i sync songs, they do not appear in the order that i have synced them. this is most evident when i am syncing musicals. the songs do not follow their order in the playlist (i use wmp to sync). i checked the file names and they seem to be arranged correctly. the shuffle function is turned off too. any insights? it is quite a bother. thanks!

edward

A:mp3 player song list not in correct order

Are they numbered 01, 02 etc. Some players will play 1, 10, 11, 2, 3 etc so it best to have a zero infront of any single digits.

Also the player may be taking its cue from the tags instead of the filename, so make sure that the files are tagged correctly. I've never used it but I've heard that mp3 tagger

http://ostermiller.org/mp3tagger/

is ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mp3-player-song-list-not-in-correct-order.410806/
Relevancy 61.92%

I have Easy cd Creator Platinum and have just begun using the DataCd project mode to burn mp files to a CDr Well the burning went fine as did the finalization When I play the Order? MP3 CD Burning Easy Creator Correct CDr in the computer it plays in correct order However when I played it in both my MP adaptable DVD player and my mp etc portable cd player it recognizes the th thing I put in as cut one the th thing in as cut two and so on Both players are consistent in recognizing mp as cut one etc I entered the selections correctly when creating the project list and when I open up the cd the files appear to be in the proper order What have I done wrong and what should I do next time to make it right Or is this just a glitch How do I burn and get players to recognize the correct order Oh yeah the playlist seems to be correct too Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/easy-cd-creator-mp3-burning-correct-order.290386/
Relevancy 61.92%

The computer starts up and I see " Boot From CD _ " but nothing happens and it just restarts itself.

There is only one CD Drive so I know it's not conflicting with anything else....

I'm trying to do a fresh install of XP.

It has an MSI KM4AM mobo

A:Conputer won't boot from CD...the BIOS order is correct

if you see "boot from cd_" then there's nothing wrong with the bios setting. could be a bad cd/dvd drive if it restarts itself. normally it'll say "non bootable disk" if it's a bad disk.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/conputer-wont-boot-from-cd-the-bios-order-is-correct-447602.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I know this has been asked to DEATH but 7 forums search doesn't seem to be working.

I have just purchase a new ati 7870 gfx card from newegg and am wanting to clean install the drivers.

Do I simply go to device manager and remove the old 8800 drivers? Or is there a more complete method that people prefer?

Thanks

A:How do i clean install drivers?

simply just uninstal the nvidia drivers and then download the latest amd drivers from their website. the drivers are part of the nvidia experience software so simply uninstalling that from the add or remove software page.

you only need to worry about fully removing the nvidia drivers using aftermarket cleaners if you run into driver issues with the new card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/329466-how-do-i-clean-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I am upgrading from Vista premium to pro I'm doing a clean install I have read allot to prepare and I am lost when it comes to the following questions Yes I know I ask allot of questions but I'm stupid and it's my job I have read that I need to download all the latest system device drivers before I install I would then have to also get directions on how to install as some require special methods I have gleaned that some will come for know install. to you How need will what clean drivers with installers Then I guess the others How to know what drivers you will need for clean install. I would go to device manager right click on a sub menu and click upgrade driver and How to know what drivers you will need for clean install. browse to where I have it stored right In order for How to know what drivers you will need for clean install. me to know what drivers I need I have read the following tips Run DriverMax and go by the list it provides Any sub menu in device manager is a driver I will need Go to my pc manufacturer hP and input my model and OS version to see list Run SIW or Belarc to get a list These are the problems They all seem to list the drivers differently-very confusing I have found that some of the list splits some drivers into or names In Device manager Sub menu under Computer says ACPIx -based pc This is a driver name Every list has different amount of drivers listed No way this newbie will ever figure it out The word quot Latest quot is in a lot of tutorials when describing what version of the driver I need Yet I have heard if it isn't broke don t fix it Hp will not even give a list of drivers for the windows Os The drivers HP list for me are all older versions except maybe one or two I ran windows compatibility tool and it listed one incompatibility and gave me a download The download says this quot nforce win bit international whql quot I Don't know what it is Cross reference to driver max list it could be either of the following for all I know Display adapters NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Network adapters NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet System Devices NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management NVIDIA nForce System Management Controller Some say let windows update do most drivers Some say download all the quot Latest quot and have the older ones that work right for you Some say Upgrade later after clean install I can't get a handle on it There really need be be a tutorial Named quot How to identifying the drivers you should have before a clean install quot The terms are not constant when naming drivers Chipset Mother board CPU processor Grahics video card It is too confusing for a newbie I have studied for hrs or more preparing myself for a clean install and of that on drivers and still can't get it I've read Priority lies with video sound and network drivers Is this all I need before hand And should it be the Latest and not the ones that already are on my system and working Other issues Brink says that I quot may quot need to flash Bios in his Windows clean install Tut Is this the one I need to do Hp does list an update called Bios System Bios Yet when I run their program called Hp support it says everything is up to date Yet their website section for drivers a system bios update Hmmm The term Bios seems to be used as if it refers to a specific thing Yet then I guess that video cards also have a Bios I'm confused I guess I should do this do this before I load and than when I re-format my system drive during the install this will not be affected Right During the Install the master boot record will be picked up and restored correct Should I run a MBR hacker program and back it up Will my Linux Unbutu live cd be a way for me to reload the MBR if I should need too I need a tutorial for the bios flash I have only found one for graphics cards they are different right lol See how a tutorial is needed

A:How to know what drivers you will need for clean install.

This is not XP. Win7 is driver-complete with newer arriving quickly via optional Windows Updates when you enable driver auto-updating: Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware

Any drivers then missing in Device Manager can be found on the Support Downloads webpage for the Device or Computer model.

I would not change out any drivers given by the installer/Updates unless performance problems are confirmed to be caused by them. Driver programs, like registry and optimizer programs, are not advised in Win7.

Put any wireless driver on a stick just in case so you can get online quickly after install to run your Updates.

Other tips for getting a perfect Win7 install based on hundreds done here - use the ones which apply: Reinstalling Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/178950-how-know-what-drivers-you-will-need-clean-install.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Guys I ve been working on creating a binary tree that s going to work kind of like the game questions except there will probably be a lot more than questions after a while Basically I ve managed to get my classes together so that I think it will work apart from one bit The way the program works is Strings Correct in Order Saving of Tree Binary it will ask the user a question current node if the user answers yes it will move on and ask if it is xyz currentnode right but if the user answers no then it will go left which will ask another question if there s one stored in that node if not and the node null then it will ask the user to say what they were thinking of Then enter a question they would answer yes or no to for that item This question and answer then get added to the binary tree in appropriate positions Essentially the tree grows each time it s Saving Binary Tree of Strings in Correct Order played The problem is when the user exits and re-enters all the new questions and answers it gained will be lost So I have to persist the node to the disk This is where I m Saving Binary Tree of Strings in Correct Order having trouble I can save the binary tree easily enough in order when it s populated by ints but since it s populated by Strings I can t save it and repopulate it in the normal way Has anyone any ideas how I can save and then repopulate the string values in the nodes so that they go back into Saving Binary Tree of Strings in Correct Order their correct positions when the programs loaded again Any help would be much much appreciated thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/saving-binary-tree-of-strings-in-correct-order.1029130/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Guys-I have an old PC that I would like to put XP onto so that we can use it in the basement for basic stuff like just e-mail chatting surfing the web etc Its and old XP-clean install Installing dell and has windows Installing XP-clean install on it I tried to do a Installing XP-clean install clean install before Christmas and it was was installing fine I don t remember what happened but I stopped the installation or it stopped or something and I had to leave the operation for another time We are redoing the basement and I am again trying to install the OS If I try to boot normally I get quot Primary disc drive not found quot Strike f or f But if I strike f I get an Installing XP-clean install error loading OS F of course is the bios and it looks to me like the CD ROM drive is not installed If I try to boot from disk with the F I get the boot menu normal-error loading OS Diskett strike f key and then I return and it just says that over and over again Hard Dr C Strike f -I get error loading Is there a way go to the bios and set it back to default-I know that s probably silly but I know how things can get messed up in there even if you don t save your changes or even go there for that matter Any help would be appreciated I hate to just toss it out because for just basic computing it was working fine Thank you in advance-you guys rock nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

Completed clean install on new SSD from Device manager shows no exclamation points errors Went to manufacture website and attempted to download all drivers After restarting got a code error in device manager on my keyboard and touchpad No sure what happened but both did not work The drivers? 8.1- Clean SSD complete- which install now option to Clean install 8.1- SSD complete- now which drivers? roll back both drivers were graded out I then uninstalled both drivers and then restarted hoping it'll install the driver correctly but did not work So I did a system restore and now I'm back to where I started Which drivers do I stay away from Looking at all dates listed on acer's website I should be dling updating all thats listed My pc-os info Acer Download -Manufacture produt model ao Win bit- drivers link Acer Windows Update - quot Intel does not supply drivers for computers with nd generation Intel CoreTM i i or i - xxx Pentium dual-core G or G or Celeron G G or series processors quot lt -What does this mean Bluetooth Broadcom Bluetooth Driver WLAN Bluetooth driver MB Download CardReader Broadcom Card Reader Driver MB Download Chipset Intel Chipset Driver MB Download MgmtEngine Intel ME Management Engine Driver MB Download Others Dritek Other Drivers RF Button KB Download TouchPad ELANTECH Touchpad Driver MB Download TouchPad Synaptics Touchpad Driver MB Download VGA Intel VGA Driver MB Download Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless LAN Driver WLAN Bluetooth driver MB Downloa My Device Manager I went to the the intel site via intel driver update utility and saw that there was only product update detected Intel HD Graphics However the acer site doesn't have it listed The acer site has drivers that aren't even in my device manager So confused

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38453-clean-install-8-1-ssd-complete-now-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have just done a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit on my Dell Vostro 1720.
Most things are working (The web cam isn't but I never use it anyway)

Is it necessarily to upgrade the drivers and if so, which drivers should I upgrade?

Dells support site isn't very helpful...

// Anders

A:Clean install - Which drivers should I update?

If Windows and/or Windows Update brought you drivers that are working, I would let them alone. If you don't think something is working as expected, look for updated drivers. Typically, on a laptop, if Windows Update brings down the drivers, I leave them alone. On a tower, especially one used for gaming, I always update the video drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/221348-clean-install-drivers-should-i-update.html
Relevancy 61.06%

So i clean install win7 ultimate in my laptop, everythig went fine until i discover that no drivers have been installed such is Ethernet, wireless and USB driver. I have tried to install it through using flash drive where LAN driver is there however even the USB driver isnt installed somy laptop cannot read it. I had tried updating drivers but ethernet connection cant be also detect.

A:Clean install, no drivers installed

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Laptops can be a pain
The chipset driver should fix the usb issue
If no usb you'd have to put the drivers on a cd and see if that will work

It is unusual if the basic lan driver isn't installed though
But wireless wifi/ touchpad/ chipset or vga ... drivers would need to be manually installed.

There have been a few issues updating for clean installs
Reinstalled twice, but Windows still won't update

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/395630-clean-install-no-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello- I am really - 8.1 install Storage Drivers Need Win of Clean in a pickle The short story is that I'm trying to do a clean install of Win with a bootable USB and the first attempt Need Storage Drivers - Clean install of Win 8.1 where I created partitions failed I'm trying again and it can't find a storage driver to even see the hard drive I can see the install medium and the files stored there Where do I look for a storage driver so I can see the hard drive again The long story- Windows drove me Need Storage Drivers - Clean install of Win 8.1 crazy Every time it updated it forced me to reinstall the OS I went to Win which worked great for a month or so then an update crashed it and while trying to reinstall it it reset to Win I was so fed up I went to Ubuntu which worked very well Then I foolishly tried a workaround to run Skype on it and I messed up my system I can't reload Ubuntu so I'm back to installing Win See above notes for what happened from there Please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/need-storage-drivers-clean-install-of-win-8-1-a-1093634.html
Relevancy 61.06%

So i clean install win7 ultimate in my laptop, everythig went fine until i discover that no drivers have been installed such is Ethernet, wireless and USB driver. I have tried to install it through using flash drive where LAN driver is there however even the USB driver isnt installed somy laptop cannot read it. I had tried updating drivers but ethernet connection cant be also detect.

A:Clean install, no drivers installed

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Laptops can be a pain
The chipset driver should fix the usb issue
If no usb you'd have to put the drivers on a cd and see if that will work

It is unusual if the basic lan driver isn't installed though
But wireless wifi/ touchpad/ chipset or vga ... drivers would need to be manually installed.

There have been a few issues updating for clean installs
Reinstalled twice, but Windows still won't update

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/395630-clean-install-no-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

So yeah, there are no drivers installed after i install win7 from a windows 8.1 laptop . I already tried to install LAN realtek driver through using dvd because flashdrive cant be read but sadly when i tried it , it still dont work. Can i just clean install back to win10 then get those driver then just use setup of win7 from the iso files i have burnt in my flasgdrive? Is it possible that the drivers still work? I mean even just the ethernet.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/395805-clean-install-no-drivers-installed.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have an HP laptop, and it will not boot up.

Have tried safe mode, repair, everything. But no go.

So right now I am reinstalling W7 from the original CDs.

After I get that done, I have the drivers CD. So, my question is what is involved in doing that installation?

A:Clean install of Windows 7 and drivers

Hi Johnneeo. I have an HP driver DVD for my laptop and it is just a matter of popping it into the optical drive and running setup. I usually like to choose the drivers and install them one by one from the DVD. You can run the driver installation automatically, but then you may also get something like MacAfee AV installed as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271466-clean-install-windows-7-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

A buddy of mine brought his computer to me yesterday because it was blue screening. After backing up all of his personal files I formatted the drive and re-installed XP pro. I actually still had a copy of all the drivers the mobo needed from the last install I'd done for him (he loves his online poker!) so I loaded them on to my USB flash drive and tried installing from there.

The ethhernet gave me an error saying there was a file that couldn't be found (at work and don't have the exact error on hand sorry)
and then when I tried installing the audio it gets to 94% complete and then just stops. I copied all the files to the computer's desktop but still get the same results. I can't update the SP without internet and I can' t get internet with no drivers. Help?

A:Clean install now drivers won't load

Would it be possible to update the service pack by downloading it on another computer, burning it to CD and installing from that CD?

Can you give us some specifics about the computer: Manufacturer, model, what hardware?

These would help us help you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271881/clean-install-now-drivers-wont-load/
Relevancy 60.63%

Good morning, for my HP Pavilion HPE H9-1130, how do I install the correct firewire card into the correct motherboard slot in Windows 10  x64 operating system / 64x processor? And what video software system can I download to recognize my Panasonic AX 100A Camera? 

A:install correct firewire card into the correct motherboard s...

Hi, 1. Your machine has few PCIe slots whiach are suitable for a PCIe-Firewire card:  Expansion Slots:1 PCI Express x16 (Generation 2 speed)3 PCI Express x1 (Generation 2 speed)1 PCI Express mini card x1 (Generation 2 speed) Source: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03272947 You can use any standard PCIe - Firewire card. There are many around, fro 1 port, 2 ports and more such as:      https://www.startech.com/au/Cards-Adapters/FireWire/2-Port-1394a-PCI-Express-FireWire-Card~PEX1394A2... 2. Please use software on the CD which comes with the camera. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/install-correct-firewire-card-into-the-correct-motherboard/td-p/5809287
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello everyone I bought an acer - netbook last year of installing Clean new Windows when a install SSD 8.1 with windows from Amazon This netbook came with a quot upgrade to Windows for just quot special deal by Microsoft for computers purchased between June and Jan So I did the upgrade when it was released Sadly I probably only used netbook for a month or two because the LED screen cracked They are pretty fragile Since I'm on winter break from college- I decided to do something productive and bring this thing back from the grave Thus far I replaced the screen Clean install of Windows 8.1 when installing a new SSD off ebay and replaced it myself Wasn't too bad at all Then I upgraded to GB Clean install of Windows 8.1 when installing a new SSD ram This thing flies I downloaded 'produkey' from nirisoft net because I can't find Clean install of Windows 8.1 when installing a new SSD the product key anywhere for the life of me So now I have the product key for the current windows installed Will this upgrade product key work for a clean install Moving on I ordered a Samsung Pro GB which should be arriving in a few days Finally I want to do a clean install of Windows using a Windows Product key Is this possible The original HDD on this netbook has nothing on it so I don't really have to back anything up either like I said I barely used it for two months before the screen cracked I did some searches and found this link http www eightforums com installat n-install html So if the above step is correct Do I Get the ISO on the USB following the steps mentioned in the link above Take out old HDD and install new SSD Reboot computer with USB etc Are these steps incorrect Sorry- my noobself needs some clarification Thank you for reading

A:Clean install of Windows 8.1 when installing a new SSD

! to 3

Take a look at those posts for more info.

Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 ISO - Download or Create

How to download Windows 8.1 ISO with a Windows 8 key.
How to download the Windows 8.1 ISO

Activate retail Windows 8.1 with Windows 8 Product key.

4 to 6

To clean install:
1) Clean the HD Drive, using Step one in this tutorial:
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Help Forums
than
2a) Clean install with the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk.

2b) Clean Install - Windows 8

2c) UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 8 with

For USB:

x32
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

x64
UEFI Bootable USB Flash Drive - Create in Windows

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/38166-clean-install-windows-8-1-when-installing-new-ssd.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

I had Windows ME, then I bought the "UPGRADE" CD, and 'succesfully' installed Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition. I also downloaded SP1 from 'windows update'.

I want to completely erase (format) my hard drive (40GB) and install windows xp home edition. But I only have the "Upgrade" CD version.

What will hapen if I put the xp upgrade CD-ROM boot from the CD (before loading windows), enter the setup then it will detect xp. Can I use my upgrade CD to do a clean install?

thank you

A:Installing XP Home: Clean Install?

I'd write zeros to the drive before doing a clean install.

If you start the install from the Win XP Upgrade CD you will need to show proof of previous ownership of another version during the install. In your case ME if you have the CD.

Or Win95, Win98 or Win98SE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-xp-home-clean-install-10695.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Due to several problems, I decided to reinstall Vista on my laptop. The problem I am encountering is installing SP1. I am in communication(chat sessions) with Microsoft, but we have to yet resolved this issue. It appears that it is not installing due to a corrupt file. My question is what if anything can be done about this. Also, what is my worst case scenario. Any and all advice is appreciated. THANKS!

A:Trouble installing SP1 after a clean install.

Greetings sandman512 .Please try running SFC from the Vista Startup Repair per the instructions here. I'm sure MS has already had you run SFC, but I figure they might not have had you run it offline yet. Hopefully it will be helpful to correct the corrupted file issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/242685/trouble-installing-sp1-after-a-clean-install/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi

How do I perform a clean re-install of Windows 7 which would completely remove motherboard drivers on the system? This is my very first self-build and I have some system instability as some motherboard drivers failed to install correctly. For example, despite having installed an audio hd driver, the audio GUI kept turning on and off by itself and so I've had to disable it. It's properties in Device Manager says it is not working properly because it has a problem.

My usual way of re-installing Windows 7 is as follows -

Custom (advanced) → Choose drive partition to completely erase (primary) → Drive Options (advanced) → Format → OK → Choose Disk 0 Partition (unallocated space) → Next → Installing Windows.

This method always leaves the motherboard drivers intact and I need to get rid of them and start afresh. My new build specs is -

Motherboard: ASUS B85M-G
Processor: Intel Core i5 4570 3.2GHz (s1150)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 XMP 2 x 4GB

Thanks.

A:Clean re-install of Windows 7 and motherboard drivers

Well; the way I know to do this is first to do a complete format of the drive you want to re install windows on. Doing a format should completely erase any and all drivers so that you can do a complete reinstall of windows. Try giving this a shot and see what happens. Report back if it does not do anything and we can try and go from there. I did notice you said that formatting the drive still leaves the motherboard drivers still in tact. however, when you format; make sure you do not just a minimal format but a complete format.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/333314-clean-re-install-windows-7-motherboard-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've been searching for an our or so all over trying to find something that helps me with this problem, but nothing seems to be working.

I have an HP dv6780se Pavillion Laptop.

I put a new hard drive in it to restore and the restore disks are working correctly. It will install windows vista, but then when it starts installing all the bloatware the computer restarts and says OS not found.

So, I figured I'd install windows 7 since I was planning on doing it anyway.

My problem now is that I'm wondering since restore disks only install vista and don't finish the other hp stuff that the drivers aren't getting installed for vista...hence when I try and do a clean install of Win7 it says no drivers found.

Any idea what I can do to get my install going?

A:Clean install to Win7, no drivers found?

Im assuming that you have a bootable DVD, so Id suggest formatting your drive with the custom install option, then install windows7. Once you have installed it, be sure to run Windows Update, then image your drive/partition as a precaution..

Welcome to Seven Forums ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/25585-clean-install-win7-no-drivers-found.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all

I posted this thread about my issue with my boyfriend's computer showing a BSOD with a Nvlddmkm.sys error.

Apparently his version of Windows 7 wasn't legit, so we purchased a legitimate version on a CD/DVD. I'm trying to do a clean install, but I can't do anything. It gets caught in a start-up loop, and the BSOD comes up when I try to "start Windows normally". It seems to be okay in safe mode.

I'm also having trouble trying to get his computer to boot from a disc. I'm not sure what to do at this point, but I think the first thing would be to get this real version of Windows working so I can get some help

Hope to get some advice from you all. Thanks for reading.

A:Trying to do a clean install of W7, won't boot, BSOD about drivers

Okay, sorry to add-on to this, but I managed to get Windows 7 installed and it wiped everything, including network drivers.

I'm missing some ethernet/network drivers and I'm not sure where to go from here or what this means. This is new to me, so bear with me

From the Ethernet Controller, I'm missing:
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458&REV_06
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_E0001458
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

From Network Controller, I'm missing:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0023&SUBSYS_3071168C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0023&SUBSYS_3071168C
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0023&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0023&CC_0280

I've tried Googling the above, but I'm taken to weird Russian websites.

The hardware is TP-LINK 300Mbps Advanced Wireless N PCI Adapter. I think there is still an issue with the graphics card because there is still a thin blue line appearing on the monitor even after the wipe.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356002-trying-do-clean-install-w7-wont-boot-bsod-about-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am planning on adding an SSD and doing a clean install of Win on my new XPS I ve spent nbsp a lot of time nbsp researching this and have notes and tutorials to follow that I feel comfortable with The one area that I have not found good answers and only general advice is on reinstalling the drivers The advice has been to go to the Dell download center and get them there To make sure I end up with the correct 10 Dell install XPS drivers for clean 8900 Win drivers on the SSD I first took a look at what I currently have in the Device Manager and compared them to the list of drivers on the Dell driver page specific to my computer tag That has been an exercise in frustration I have lots of questions Please be patient Hopefully this will help others also Let s Dell drivers for XPS 8900 Win 10 clean install start with the video drivers Device Manager vs Dell list I have the GTX and the Dell config on the Dell site nbsp lists it correctly So why doesn t it show up on Dell drivers for XPS 8900 Win 10 clean install the list specific to my computer Instead it lists an AMD So now I select to show all drivers for all XPS s and it adds the following driver Even here the GTX isn t listed Why Can Dell drivers for XPS 8900 Win 10 clean install anyone from Dell explain why they don t have the driver listed for the most common graphics card installed on current XPS s When I do a site search for a GTX I find So is this a newer driver compared to my installed Version nbsp nbsp Aug nbsp the date is later but the number is lower Also is the Intel HD Graphic Driver listed above on the Dell site for the onboard video Do I need to install it to use the onboard video based on my BIOS setting If so then where is it on my current Device Manager listed drivers I can t find it For the sake of others trying to follow this later I ll move on to the other driver questions after these are answered

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19774435
Relevancy 60.2%

I brought an old computer home (Dell Dimension 9150) from work for my 11 year-old son. I did a clean install of Windows XP, but now I have no drivers and no ability to connect to the internet to download them. I am not sure what to do at this point. I went to the Dell website and tried to download the drivers onto a CD, but even that isn't working. I'm sure there must be a way to at least get my internet back so I can download the drivers, but I cannot figure it out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 60.2%

How do you guys find drivers for stuff like asmedia that i cant find if my life depended on it. I have an asrock z97 extreme 6 and looking for the driver for "Asmedia ASM1042AE" and "Asmedia ASM1061" The problem is the drivers on asrock site are all old and yet other sites like station driver or guru 3d even tweaktown forum and more manage to find new version for EVERYTHING (Can they be trusted. What im doing wrong? and if i do an clean install of win 7 can i just use intel drivers and not enable asmedia in the bios if i'm only connected through intel connections? Or should i install both regardless.

Thanks

PS Is win 10 out long enough for fixes or should I wait and go with win 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380512-really-need-help-finding-updated-drivers-win-7-clean-install.html
Relevancy 60.2%

How's it going I'm planning on doing a clean install of windows via flash drive on my Inspiron Using Iso image from Digital River I've DRIVERS HELP. Inspiron 7. 570 Windows Going clean to Install done the clean install before with no problem DRIVERS HELP. Going to clean Install Windows 7. Inspiron 570 but ran DRIVERS HELP. Going to clean Install Windows 7. Inspiron 570 into trouble installing internet and other drivers I wanted to know if anyone could tell me the correct way and order to install the drivers I need to DRIVERS HELP. Going to clean Install Windows 7. Inspiron 570 get internet access after clean install I've downloaded the LAN Driver from here https downloadcenter intel com Detail Desc aspx lang eng amp DwnldID I've also downloaded Modem Audio Chipset Serial ATA Video drivers from here http www dell com support drivers us en product inspiron- I've also downloaded the network drivers from the the Dell website but they didn't work for me last time read up on the here as well http en community dell com support-forums desktop f t aspx I'm trying to be as detailed as possible because i'm new to the technical aspect of computers Also are there any Windows drivers I will need Bless

A:DRIVERS HELP. Going to clean Install Windows 7. Inspiron 570

I think the logical way to do this is install in sequence :

Windows
Chipset drivers
SATA
Video
Audio
LAN  and WLAN

There is the possibility that Windows might ask for the SATA drivers either before or during the Windows install.

Given that you say that you have had a problem with the network I would get hold of a copy of 'Speccy' from here

www.piriform.com

A very useful utility which will tell - as well as far more information that you won't need at the time ! - exactly what hardware you have built into your computer. Armed with the knowledge of exactly what LAN and WLAN hardware you have, finding the correct drivers becomes much easier. One other tip - Dells very often come with a barcode on them somewhere. If you type the number off the barcode into Dell's support page you will get taken directly to a page where all your drivers are available.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507535/drivers-help-going-to-clean-install-windows-7-inspiron-570/
Relevancy 60.2%

Gooday all at BC. I have been messing around with a crash and burn box that I have. I formatted the drive, installed XP with a legit Disk I bought and updated through Windows update site.Speccy below shows the outfit specs. Problem is that I can't get the mo-bo drivers. I have tried going to the Gigabyte site and entering pertinent details but still no go. Would one of you kind souls point me in the right direction. Thank you in advance. James.
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/Q0DX50HNKKG6xcDGBEiatCm

A:Clean XP install, unable to find drivers.

Have you tried here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=1737#dl

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458066/clean-xp-install-unable-to-find-drivers/
Relevancy 60.2%

I want to perform a clean install of my Dell desktop Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit after a trojan attack made my system unstable. Problem is I am not very computer smart. I have two discs, the operating system reinstallation dvd, and drivers and utilities. Do I need the driver/utilities disc? I read online that all the stuff you need is on the reinstallation disc. If so what disc do I put in first? And how would I go about doing a clean install, is it easy ? Thanks for the help in advance.

A:Doing a clean install, do I need drivers & utilities disc?

How did you remove the trojan?
Describe unstable please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/247726-doing-clean-install-do-i-need-drivers-utilities-disc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I am planning on adding an SSD and doing a clean install of Win on my new XPS I ve spent nbsp a lot of time nbsp researching this and have notes and tutorials to follow that I feel comfortable with The one area that I have not found good answers and only general advice is on reinstalling the drivers The advice has been to 8900 for drivers Win XPS clean install 10 Dell go to the Dell download center and get them there To make sure I end Dell drivers for XPS 8900 Win 10 clean install up Dell drivers for XPS 8900 Win 10 clean install with the correct drivers on the SSD I first took a look at what I currently have in the Device Manager and compared them to the list of drivers on the Dell driver page specific to my computer tag That has been an exercise in frustration I have lots of questions Please be patient Hopefully this will help others also Let s start with the video drivers Device Manager vs Dell list I have the GTX and the Dell config on the Dell site nbsp lists it correctly So why doesn t it show up on the list specific to my computer Instead it lists an AMD So now I select to show all drivers for all XPS s and it adds the following driver Even here the GTX isn t listed Why Can anyone from Dell explain why they don t have the driver listed for the most common graphics card installed on current XPS s When I do a site search for a GTX I find So is this a newer driver compared to my installed Version nbsp nbsp Aug nbsp the date is later but the number is lower Also is the Intel HD Graphic Driver listed above on the Dell site for the onboard video Do I need to install it to use the onboard video based on my BIOS setting If so then where is it on my current Device Manager listed drivers I can t find it For the sake of others trying to follow this later I ll move on to the other driver questions after these are answered

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19774435
Relevancy 60.2%

i have a old dell demension 3000 desktop, recently it was struck with a couple viruses (pc antispyware 2010)

i saved all my files and decided to do a clean install.

a couple drivers were missing:

Network Adapter
Ethernet controller
Multi Media Controller
Video Controller (VGA)

i couldn't get online so i plugged in a USB wireless adapter to try and get online to download these drivers. (BTW the att modem is attached to this computer.)

i tried updating each driver and it just searches and comes up with nothing. So i went to the Dell site and looked up which drivers to DL, i DL them and it just saves to my desktop as a application file.

i'm not sure what to do now, i'm stuck!

much appreciated

Relevancy 60.2%

I have an older model Pavilion laptop that was working just fine until I had problems with windows 10 anniversary update and had to do a clean install back to windows 7 after replacing the hard drive.  I need all the drivers, but can't locate on HP website as it does not recognize my laptop model number.  Can someone give me a hand.  Thanks

A:Help finding drivers after windows 7 clean install

@SigInt? Are you sure it isn't a DV5??? Look here. http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv5-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/374... REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Help-finding-drivers-after-windows-7-clean-install/td-p/5727180
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

I'm interested in testing out a clean install of Win7 HP, and get rid of the bloatware riddled OEM Win7 version. (Got that advice from *GreGrocker* and I'm beginning to experience I should follow that lead.) Win7 SP1 Clean Install should be able to detect all details of my hardware and (hopefully) find the right drivers for it.

However, I just want to play save and backup ALL my drivers that are currently on my system (OEM Win7); this is just in case off ..... because you never know there is something exotic in the hardware for which only ASUS has drivers.

So, how can I find out what the details are of my hardware, what the drivers are, where they are located on my system, how to back them up, and how to restore all the drivers from the backup into the Win7 that is Clean Installed?

thanks

A:Win7 Clean Install; backing up OEM drivers first

Hello Dirac
I use DriverMax from about three years but i use it solely to backup and restore my drivers, that’s because every manufacturer of a PC puts on a flavour inside the driver.
When you download the program and go to install it, you are requested to sign in for free.

DriverMax - free driver download program for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/233379-win7-clean-install-backing-up-oem-drivers-first.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I had to format my parent s computer and reinstall Windows XP We are now back in the dark ages and I can t go home until I fix their computer someone help Its the HP Pavilion a n Media Center Edition Desktop If I can get their internet working everything will be alright I am assuming no Solved: drivers, Install, internet...help? Clean no that its Solved: Clean Install, no drivers, no internet...help? missing drivers causing the problem the internet is fine I m on it now the tower is connected through an ethernet cable but the computer isn t connecting I can t figure out whats what for the missing drivers we have yellow question marks I found the HP site with the driver downloads here but it doesnt do me Solved: Clean Install, no drivers, no internet...help? much good if I can t figure out what to install where It says I have to pick a device type and stuff and I m pretty much in tears because I just want to go home and I have no idea what to do Is there anyone who can help me What do you need me to post to help me figure this out nbsp

A:Solved: Clean Install, no drivers, no internet...help?

Go to this link (this is the LAN driver), click on the instructions first, then download the file and follow instructions,

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=3239117

You'd need to identify what the other missing drivers are for and download the appropriate ones, but at least this should get them on the internet.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-clean-install-no-drivers-no-internet-help.860410/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi All,

I think i've performed around 20 million or so clean installs of windows in my time, but have never ran across this problem i'm having now. I bought an HP laptop from an auction with a wiped HD. When i installed Win7 on it, VERY minimal drivers seemed to be installed. I know HP has a long list of drivers on their site for things like the Radeon card in it and the fingerprint scanner, but Windows usually handles other things with default drivers correct? I mean, can't even use the ethernet port because it only shows up in device manager as an unrecognized device. Since when does an ethernet controller not just work? I even found an HP Win7 OEM disc that i thought might get me started at least with getting this thing setup, but no dice. Any thoughts?

Thanks

A:Clean install of Win7 installs no drivers to PC

ok just download the drivers from hp then. Ive done 1 billion LOL installs of win 7 and had to download nic's audio, video, touchpad, motherboard drivers windows doesnt do it all

https://hardforum.com/threads/clean-install-of-win7-installs-no-drivers-to-pc.1901604/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I'm having some problems with my new rig - windows x installation doesn't recognize hard disks All hardware is operational it's recognized by BIOS and works with Win CP but can't make it work with W and raid drivers amd W7 clean 9-series install I have Gigabyte's W7 clean install and amd 9-series raid drivers GA- XA-UD rev motherboard In BIOS W7 clean install and amd 9-series raid drivers I've turned on RAID set up arrays in MB's raid tool - xSSD raid connected to SATA and SATA ports xSATA raid connected to SATA - ports Drives are clean empty and working I don't have any issues with power W or anything similar - everything works Also I don't have any optical drives all installations are from USB sticks and that works too After booting to windows installer and few initial steps I get to the screen with boot drive selection and installer doesn't recognize the raid arrays it asks for the drivers but none of the drivers from disk i got with MB work divers downloaded from website don't work either I did try to install them from repair tool too When installing Window Consumer Preview my raid array is recognized and windows installs correctly it didn't recognize raid array but did 'see' separate disks and strangely two were disabled but I figured I'll deal with it from windows Anyone have similar problems or knows how to solve this Or does anyone know a way to 'copy' drivers from w to w installation This is a production machine so I don't want to keep Win and want to install Win x Also I should mention I'm using en windows ultimate with sp x dvd iso MSDN installation and Windows -USB-DVD-tool to make bootable USB Any help would be appreciated

A:W7 clean install and amd 9-series raid drivers

Quote:
When Windows is asking for driver, just click Cancel. You will be brought back to the welcome screen. At the welcome screen, remove your USB drive, insert it back to DIFFERENT USB PORT. Click Install Now again. The installation process will be like usual.

This problem happened to all new version of updated Windows 7 installer. I think, it is due to failure of Windows installer to remain its detection to the USB drive. It lost the connection, and became confused, don't know where to find the USB drive it used to read before.

When we re-insert the USB drive, Windows installer will detect the USB drive back, and continue like usual.

LOL

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/218652-w7-clean-install-amd-9-series-raid-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,

Just did a clean install of W7 64 and all is fine except that I'm missing a few drivers.

Ethernet controller, SM Bus Controller and Universal serial bus controller.

MS couldn't fine them on line.

System has an ASUSTEK P8P67 Pro mother board and I've tried downloading drivers from their site, bit it didn't help.

BIOS is American Megatrends

Any help with how to get the drivers would be much appreciated.

Michael

A:[SOLVED] how to find drivers after clean install?

Hi redmike,

I want to verify, is this the exact computer motherboard you have?

Motherboards - P8P67 - ASUS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-how-to-find-drivers-after-clean-install-900618.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I did a Clean re-install of Win 7 on an HP but forgot to save drivers. Now I can't get online to download them. Wen I did the re-install it created a folder called old windows, can I recover the drivers from that?

Thanks

A:Clean re-install but forgot to save drivers

I just went into my control panel, programmes and features and it's empty

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/221860-clean-re-install-but-forgot-save-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I recently did a clean install on my existing laptop with a new hard drive I used the recovery discs that were provided to me when I purchased the computer - refurbished through Best Buy I believe The problem is when the installation process was completed numerous drivers were not working My system is an Asus U A MB Version U A with Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Now two concerns I have are this when I was installing windows I was never prompted for my quot of quot recovery disc and when prompted for the driver disc disc of didn t work here I inserted the Driver Utility Disc that came with my purchase - after this completed I saw the disc said quot for Vista -bit only quot The hardware and drivers I am having problems with are my webcam my mouse touchpad my video card my network card and my wireless card I have uninstalled removed the drivers and reinstalled using the drivers provided on the ASUS website for -bit Vista I have also tried drivers from the manufacturer s websites Intel etc After every attempt I see the following message in device manager quot Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error Windows cannot load the device driver CODE quot The computer has SP and Working Drivers Install Clean After Numerous Not the latest BIOS I am not incredibly knowledgeable on this and I am completely stumped Your help is greatly Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install appreciated Thank you Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install

A:Numerous Drivers Not Working After Clean Install

Can you boot to your Windows Vista OS by now? Right-click My Computer and check Properties - System type (32 or 64 bit) and exact OS installed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/469340/numerous-drivers-not-working-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all, I will be installing Win8.1x64 from scratch in my Asus P8Z77V-Deluxe mobo. When it comes to drivers, should I install the official ASUS provided drivers (the ones you download from their support website) or should I install the newer drivers provided directly from the manufacturers? Most ASUS drivers are "old", dated 2013 whereas manufacturer's drivers are current (2014). I asked ASUS support about this and as expected they recommended their official drivers, but still would appreciate your opinion, thanks!

A:Win 8.1 clean install/Drivers advise requested

What I usually do is: First I install core drivers (Chipset etc), last drivers from MB's manufacturer's site and GPU and sound from respective manufacturer's sites, ie. Realtek, AMD, Nvidia etc. Test after each install and make sure that System Restore runs before each install. It's more than likely that windows will install basic drivers during installation, especially if connected to internet at the time. I usually download all possible drivers before changing components, leave them unpacked in appropriate folders on a separate drive or partition so if windows get stuck at something I can point them to appropriate driver.
Read manual properly and carefully, down to exact version of MB and it's BIOS. Knowing exactly what you have is half the job.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/47477-win-8-1-clean-install-drivers-advise-requested.html
Relevancy 60.2%

So, my computer suddenly started finding a handful of devices it can't find drivers for. I didn't add any new hardware. After trying all I could think of I resorted to trying a clean install. Sadly that did not help.

Can someone advise me on where to begin to diagnose this problem? Obviously I'm not very experienced with this.

I'm sure you'll need more information to truly help with this, but I'm not sure what to provide or how to obtain it.

A:No new hardware, can't find drivers even after clean install

Please provide more information. What do you mean your system is finding devices for which it can't find drivers? Please explain IN DETAIL.

Also, after the clean install did you download and install the chipset driver followed by all other appropriate drivers? Look in device manager - any yellow or red symbols?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/410507/no-new-hardware-cant-find-drivers-even-after-clean-install/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have a problem during quot clean install quot of nvidia drivers nvidia of install drivers after clean BSOD during the Ok here it goes As i am trying to install new drivers i select custom installation from nvidia installer and clean install I noticed during the installation BSOD after during the clean install of nvidia drivers that after removing the old drivers and starts to install the new ones the system gives me a blue screen with the message quot fault page in nonpaged area quot Its quite strange because BSOD after during the clean install of nvidia drivers if i remove by my own manual the old nvidia drivers from add remove programs the nvidia installer doesn't have any problem at all to install the new ones It seems that the problem with nvidia installer is tha it doesnt want to do works in a time unistall-install I want your advice Some people told me that the problem maybe is the ram but i checked the ram sticks one bye one repeating all the above procedure Same problem Do you know any free program which i can use to restore missing drivers or restore default settings in my windows maybe this will help I want your help please I don't want install again the entire windows because i did it a month ago

A:BSOD after during the clean install of nvidia drivers

Hello and welcome to the forum.

First did you create a restore point before trying to install the new drivers.

Here is a BSOD tutorial made by Brink that might be very helpful in finding what the problems is.

BSOD - Debugging a BSOD in Vista

Have you tried to uninstall the drivers for NVidia.

I would aslo check to see if there are any yellow flags in the device manager. If there are any flags those need to be updated first.

Click Start...
Control Panel...
Click System and Maintenace...
Click Device Manager...
Click view...
Click show hidden devices..
Then you can update them the drivers from there

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288900-bsod-after-during-clean-install-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all I wasn't sure where to place this FYI however I know many are interested in upgrading their old rigs to Windows and since the integrated sound drivers seem to be a problem Drivers Audio x64 8 Pro Win Install Clean Found My area I decided to Win 8 Pro x64 Clean Install Found My Audio Drivers share my personal experience in the Sound and Audio Forum So I upgraded my ancient rig see my specs to Windows Pro Win 8 Pro x64 Clean Install Found My Audio Drivers x via a clean install yesterday and I was delightfully surprised to find that after the initial installation and applying all Windows Updates to current all of my devices were working perfectly including my sound Now this came somewhat of a surprise to me because I was all ready to go out and buy a sound card to replace my ancient integrated audio Anyway here's a screenshot of the device manager showing the audio drivers that it auto-installed In summary the Windows x installation program may have a better catalog of device drivers than previous versions so don't go out and buy that new sound card before you upgrade to see if your integrated audio actually works Cheers

A:Win 8 Pro x64 Clean Install Found My Audio Drivers

see MY specs I GOT NO SOUND in MY pc CAN HELP?..INSTALLED ALL DRIVERS
BUT NO SOUND!

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/20299-win-8-pro-x64-clean-install-found-my-audio-drivers.html