Windows Support Forum

logitech mouse/keyboard not working in ps/2

Q: logitech mouse/keyboard not working in ps/2

For the past 2 years I had my logitech usb mouse and keyboard plugged into the ps/2 slots with an adapter. A couple of weeks ago I decided to plug them stright into the usb ports, but yesterday decided to switch them back to the ps/2.

First thing is I don't get the install new hardware notice. The mouse light's up, but the cursor doesn't move. The keyboard works, but doesn't recognize the special F-key settings by logitech. Reset the PC, no change. Reset the BIOS, no change. uninstalled/reinstalled logitech drivers, no change.

I can live with them in the usb ports and just go and buy/add a pci usb port. Let me know if I'm missing something obvious.

Fairly new MSI VIA chip motherboard. The logitech mouse/keyboard are a few years old. Running XP.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: logitech mouse/keyboard not working in ps/2

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: logitech mouse/keyboard not working in ps/2

Ps2 isnt plug and play like usb. Try starting the pc up with them in the ps2's, that may fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-mouse-keyboard-not-working-in-ps-2.52330/
Relevancy 90.3%

Ok guys.. heres a good one for ya..
I have windows 7 pro, 64 bit.\

Have logitech g110 gaming keyboard.
M510 USB mouse.

3 days ago the mouse's sideways movement got very very slow. Tried to fix it, but windows didn't see it anymore. Tried installing the latest software.. it would not see it..

figured the problem was the usb buss, so i started uninstalling them in device manager.. still no luck.

Tried removing the usb hub, uinstalled it.. rebooted each time i did something.. still when I run the software it will not see the keyboard yet it lights up.. so something is going on somewhere.

now im stuck using an old ms keyboard in the keyboard plug in, in the back of the computer, and a wired logitech mx310 mouse..

can anyone tell me how to fix the USB problem so I can go back to using my wireless mouse and my g110 keyboard??

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-logitech-keyboard-and-mouse-no-longer-working.1164769/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi, I installed a new optical mouse and keyboard and it was working great for 2 months. Then all of a sudden they both stopped at the same time. I tried replacing the batteries and then I connected them to another computer and they worked fine. I switched USB ports. Still the same on my PC. Ive searched high and low for some answers. Does anyone have any ideas? I am running XP. Thank you for your time.

Relevancy 88.58%

Hi there hopefully this is a quick easy-to-solve question Recently out Mouse users G15/G5 Logitech after working stop switching & Keyboard of the blue my logitech g keyboard and g mouse will stop working any Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users time someone switches user profiles on my computer running XP bit Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users for the record The LCD on the g will stay active but moving the mouse has no effect and pressing keys on the keyboard does nothing The only way to make them work again is to unplug them and plug them back in It s a fairly small problem but it s getting to be really annoying Please tell me if you need any further information here is my dxdiag dump ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name VICTOR Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DXP BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Pentium R D CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name USB Gaming Mouse Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name USB Gaming Mouse Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name Logitech Gaming Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name Logitech Gaming Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Device Name G Keyboard Attached Controller ID x Vendor Product ID x D xC FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No Registry OK ----------- USB Devices ----------- USB Root Hub Vendor Product ID x x CA Matching Device ID usb root hub Service usbhub Driver usbhub sys bytes Driver usbd sys bytesClick to expand Any help would be appreciated thanks and happy holidays nbsp

A:Logitech G15/G5 Mouse & Keyboard stop working after switching users

Shameless bump.

I just realized that it had never even crossed my mind to try reinstalling the drivers... I guess when I googled and found no relevant results I automatically assumed it was going to be a more complicated problem. I'll try that when I get home... any other ideas in case that doesn't work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g15-g5-mouse-keyboard-stop-working-after-switching-users.783404/
Relevancy 74.82%

I have a PC and a Mac. I would like to use my mac wireless (bluetooth) keyboard and my Logitech MX mouse with both systems.

So I need something like a KVM switch that handles bluetooth.

But I can't find what it is I need searching around on the internet. Everything seems geared to USB keyboard/mice.

Does anyone have a few specific hardware solutions I can look at?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-mac-keyboard-and-logitech-mx-mouse-between-mac-and-pc.1116282/
Relevancy 73.96%

Every now and again I d have an issue where internet explorer would display only small text I d go to toolbar and select medium text in view but it would immediately go back to smallest and when I d type I d get odd characters and spaces Logitech Mouse/Keyboard Gone Nuts would be skipped without my doing so I recently discovered that it s linked to the mouse Logitech Mouse/Keyboard Gone Nuts and keyboard and not any kind of virus or spyware as I thought Basically it s as if my mouse wheel is rapidly moving itself and again typing is near impossible Sometimes when I type programs randomly open I have a Logitech MX Keyboard and MX Mouse both wireless I ve realized that I have a program open in the system tray with Logitech settings I believe it s called setpoint Anyhow when I close this program all my problems are solved but none of the hotkeys on the keyboard work When I open that program everything starts going haywire again I can live without the hot keys but It s be nice to have them Any ideas on whats going on Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi,
The problem I have is when I plug my mouse into the tower (a logitech MX510) the keyboard and mouse lock. My keyboard is plug n play (a cheap labtec one). When I plug the mouse into a usb socket they both work. It only freezes when I try use the specific green socket. I wouldn't mind using the usb but I don't have many of them1

Any help is much appreciated!

(I do have the latest drivers for my mouse)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-mouse-locks-logitech.81757/
Relevancy 73.1%

I've not found much information while conducting a search here on LogiTech Drivers. From what I understand LogiTech isn't creating drivers for Windows 7 Beta, should I just use the Vista versions despite getting a Compatiability Message?

A:LogiTech, G5 Gaming Mouse & Wave Keyboard

Yes. Vista drivers work on Windows 7. There should be no fear at all.
Also, if you want to help the drivers, install it in compatibility mode :
Right click on the install file, then properties.
Then, click on "Compatibility" tab then check "Run in compatibility" mode and select Windows Vista SP1
Click OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/13095-logitech-g5-gaming-mouse-wave-keyboard.html
Relevancy 73.1%

This is probably a stupid question, and if so I apologise in advance! I have just replaced a five year old Logitech keyboard/ mouse combo with a more up-to-date version. The keyboard is great, but I am not too keen on the mouse, although it functions OK, it just doesn't feel so good in use. Is there any means of replacing my new mouse with my old one, or am I stuck with it?

A:Solved: New Logitech Keyboard/Mouse Combo

The only way to replace it is buy using a wired usb mouse or buy a wireless mouse on it's own, but if you decide on the latter option you'll have to have two wireless dongles plugged in, one for the keyboard and the one that comes with the new mouse.

I've got two identical models of a microsoft wireless mouse, but the USB wireless receivers for them are not interchangeable. All those types of wireless adapters operate on a slightly different wavelength to avoid "crossover" when someone else is using a wireless mouse or k/b in the same room as you. So even if you buy another Logitech wireless mouse, it won't work with your existing Logitech wireless receiver. So you would need to have two receivers plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-new-logitech-keyboard-mouse-combo.1079933/
Relevancy 73.1%

yesterday all of a sudden when i rebooted i could not login to windows ten also i cannot use anything on my keyboard right now except letter keys so excuse my typing here i have a logitech anywhere mx two mouse and logitech k##) keyboard each on their own usb wireless transmitter i think i hit unify devices by accident i was finally able to login into windows using the screen keyboard but now my mouse is acting all word and i cannot select anything can"t scroll etc the keyboard i cannot use anything but the letter keys nothing else seems to work ive deleted everything from device manager and rebooted and its all the same im stumped

anyone have any ideas? if i use up arrow or down arrow it just selects everything same with left clicking on the mouse

A:logitech mouse and keyboard went hawire all of a sudden

If they both use a unifying receiver you can link them both to just the one receiver. It sounds like you might have linked a device to two receiver's? I didn't think that was possible? Unplug one unifying receiver and see what happens. The unifying software will let you link and unlink devices. My keyboard came with a mouse I will never use. I just linked the keyboard to the unifying recover for my trackball. Then gave the mouse and its receiver to my father.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/52871-logitech-mouse-keyboard-went-hawire-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I am having issues using both the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse at the same time. Each device works flawlessly when connected separately. When the mouse is connected first the keyboard repeats keys and has a significant latency issue once connected. When
the Keyboard is connected first the mouse will not work once connected.
All bluetooth drivers and device drivers are up to date.
Is there a known issue with running multiple bluetooth devices at the same time? Is there an upgrade I can make to improve bluetooth functionality? Any advice/guidance that you could lend would be greatly appreciated. Please see below for the equipment in
question.
Equipment being utilized:
HP Elitebook 840
Windows 7
Logitech Bluetooth Mouse M557
Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810

Much thanks,
JR

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fa1b840c-f5aa-4fce-8182-4db91a967c40/issues-with-logitech-bluetooth-keyboard-and-mouse?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi Chaps Have reformatted an Evesham pc running Windows se after a series of problems but have one problem outstanding The cordless keyboard and mouse are and drivers keyboard cordless mouse logitech Logitech Itouch and Mouseman respectively but have no drivers I have a drivers disk for everything else and have loaded these successfully but I guess the Logitech devices were an add on at some stage and the drivers disk has gone missing The problem is getting them to recognise anything I have loaded down drivers onto my desktop that I think are correct from the Logitech website and executed the file which then puts logitech cordless mouse and keyboard drivers the drivers in place but everytime I try to point the quot USB Receiver device quot in Device Manager at a file path or to try and reinstall drivers I am continually asked to either load a Logitech Control devices driver disk or Windows disk Whatever I load it cannot find different Sys files The only way I can do anything is to have another mouse plugged into the usual mouse port The cordless mouse and keyboard are plugged into logitech cordless mouse and keyboard drivers the USB ports I have tried turning pc off and plugging in and then turning on pc but I just get mouse not detected until I plug in the corded mouse and reboot again Is there a separate driver for the Receiver device I am sure there must be a simple solution but at the moment I feel like a man with no arms dead nbsp

A:logitech cordless mouse and keyboard drivers

This might be an issue with Win98. Try installing WinXP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-cordless-mouse-and-keyboard-drivers.38581/
Relevancy 73.1%

I m unsure of why this started in all honesty - it was working earlier today and out of nowhere it stopped working I frequently use the right click and I do know that the switches tend to give out after a good while To make sure it wasn t the function itself I switched the left right click functions through the control panel and the function worked fine I ve also tested another mouse temporarily using it to make sure it s not my computer I m just wondering - based off of this is my suspicion of a failing switch probable On another note my keyboard seems to be quot slowing down quot a bit I haven t toyed with the settings to speed up or slow down anything but when I hold down a key it takes longer to repeat it than it was earlier before the right click gave out They are both wireless Logitech hardware items - could the problem lie in the receiver This is really bothering me Logitech Mouse (+keyboard) Right - Wireless Click? - help s appreciated I don t find it TOO important in this case but I m running on XP p nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-right-click-keyboard.635446/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi I m using Windows Vista Ultimate -bit and both my Logitech mouse and keyboard special buttons forward back zoom etc no longer work with Firefox using latest version I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox which didn t do anything Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Keyboard with Firefox Issue & Logitech Mouse the Logitech Setpoint software latest version That worked for a day and then suddenly stopped working again maybe after I restarted I can t recall I ve Logitech Mouse & Keyboard Issue with Firefox called Logitech Support which told me they don t support Firefox and that since they haven t had any calls from anyone else on this issue today that it is quot definitely quot my system that is the problem not their software The Setpoint software shows all the buttons correctly assigned but they don t function in Firefox They do however function in all my other programs I ve even tried assigning ALT Right and ALT Left to the back and forward buttons as some forums have suggested and while Setpoint recognizes these entries Firefox does not Thanks to anyone who might be able to help Edit My keyboard is the DiNovo Edge my mouse is the MX Laser Cordless Mouse nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-keyboard-issue-with-firefox.691011/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello, I have recently upgraded to windows 8. I was previously using a logitech mk320 mouse/keyboard and experiencing the same issues. So I purchased the new K330 setup that is windows 8 compatible, but again same issues. A little less frequently, but same issues.

Basically the keyboard will randomly have a 3 to 15 second delay when typing. To make it worse when it does finally pick up it leaves out letters making it very hard to type anything. Secondly the mouse will also randomly be very choppy. Not completely unresponsive, but skip over large sections of the screen. It's almost like the batteries are dying, but I have replace them 2 times now with fresh ones. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Logitech K330 Keyboard and Mouse Randomly Freeze

I have a K350 keyboard and M570 trackball, no problems in Windows 8 or 8.1 clean installs. I had mouse/keyboard issues after updating to the 8.1 preview though the Windows store though. When you upgraded did you do a clean install or upgrade install? Upgrade installs will have issues more often than not.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32905-logitech-k330-keyboard-mouse-randomly-freeze.html
Relevancy 71.81%

For the first time in 2 years of use, my logitech mx3200 wireless keyboard is not functioning more than a couple of hours before I have to try and reset via my logitech driver program. It usually takes several attempts to reconnect so the keyboard works.

I have never had a usb receiver with this keyboard and have a wired logitech LX3 optical mouse which works fine.

I am using Windows XP Pro 2002 version and Mozilla browser. My computer is a Dell Latitude D830 laptop set in a docking station in my office.

I am looking for an answer to my problem short of buying a new keyboard.

Thanks for your help

A:Logitech wireless keyboard and wired mouse connection issues

If your using rechargable batteries try regular ones.
Check the driver is up-to-date.

If that fails go out and buy the best keyboard you can afford, if asked tell them I said it was ok !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-keyboard-and-wired-mouse-connection-issues.985552/
Relevancy 71.81%

In device management all devices including networking cards in Power option are marked not to wake computer from sleep In system tasks everything is marked not to wake computer from sleep When the sleep button on the keyboard is depressed the computer goes to sleep and can only be awakened by depressing the tower console's on off button lightly But I want to use the sleep and wake capability of the new keyboard In device management I now set the the keyboard to wake the computer from sleep No other changes are made But when the keyboard sleep button keyboard computer M510 and mouse K350 sleep Logitech won't let is depressed the computer powers down and then restarts immediately The keyboard power option allowing the keyboard to wake the the Logitech keyboard K350 and mouse M510 won't let computer sleep computer means the computer cannot sleep at all Event Viewer current log power troubleshooting identifies waking device after sleep as USB root hub Both keyboard and mouse are controlled by a USB dongle The Logitech keyboard and mouse are new items Logitech says to ask Microsoft for a fix but Microsoft doesn't seem to have one This appears to be a cop-out from the manufacturer of the devices Logitech Solutions nbsp nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac71cdb2-f8c5-42da-8998-b1f9349dd309/logitech-keyboard-k350-and-mouse-m510-wont-let-computer-sleep?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello All,

Thank you for your time.

I have just finished installing Logitech MX 5000 Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse. It really screwed up my pc. Disabled all my optical drives (I have over 3) as well as my sound card.

Managed to get everything else to work except for the sound card.

Any ideas?

MB Asus A7V8X
Sound Card Creative SB Live!

Any feedback is much appreciated!

A:Solved: Just installed Logitech MX 5000 Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse......now no sound

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-just-installed-logitech-mx-5000-bluetooth-keyboard-mouse-now-no-sound.412720/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello

logitech model:Y-ST39
it was working up untill i got a new computer desk . when i plugged everything back in the keyboard wouldnt work. iv gone through the hardware the computer wont pick it up .
Anyboy got an answer?

regards,

Relevancy 70.52%

I get this error in device manager quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot on boot the keyboard is no detected hence it didnt let me enter and check BIOS settings I tried another USN keyboard and it works fine i went into bios to check the USB settings and everything is fine I have tried updating disabling unistalling the USB but nothing works I turn off my computer- G15 not Logitech keyboard working unplugged it for min and turned it back on but it still wasnt detected i have tried connecting it to another computer but the keyboard gives the same quot Device not recognized Logitech G15 keyboard not working quot error i am running windows RC the other computer i tried it on was running windows vista non of the lights turn on on the keyboard when i plug it in a usb i ahve tried it on multiple is it safe to assume i need a replacement or need it repaired any ideas of what could ne wrong if u disagree also i have had the keyboard for over month and it has been working perfectly until today i believe it stopped working after i turned off my computer in the morning but it actually didn t turn off and was stuck on one of those quot do u want to close this program quot stage so when i came back home i realized it wasn t off so i canceled the shutdown process but realized keyboard wasn t working so i did a restart and win did an update while it was turning off keyboard has not worked since this morning oh i also tried system restore to am last night when i was on the computer last night with no success any help is appropriated nbsp

A:Logitech G15 keyboard not working

eafshar said:

i have tried connecting it to another computer but the keyboard gives the same "Device not recognized " error..Click to expand...

Well its safe to say then that its broken..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-g15-keyboard-not-working.139428/
Relevancy 70.52%

every time i start up my computer the keyboard is no longer recognized by the computer, and the found new hardware message pops up trying to install it as a saitek device, even though the only saitek device i have is a game pad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g15-keyboard-not-working.545749/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

My mouse problem started on my old cordless mouse(Cordless Click! Optical Mouse).
And the problems are erratic mouse movement(would randomly move to any location on the screen), sluggish movement, right and left buttons would automatically engage without physical interaction.
I did every normal solution to fix the problem. Change batterys, plug the receiver in different USB ports, remove the SetPoint software and reinstalling it.
I even found a older software called MouseWare which I installed and didn't do diddly squat.
So I figured maybe its time for a new mouse.
I got new mouse(LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse) and the problem persisted with the same symptoms. But when I plug in an old corded logitech optical mouse everything works fine.

Computer Specs
Pentium(R) 4
CPU speed 2.60GHz
2.50 GB of RAM
If anything else is needed please ask.

A:Logitech cordless mouse(s) not working

initech---
did your cordless mouse ever work right to begin with???
have you placed or installed a cordless phone base or new TV close to your computer??
I have read where cordless phones, microwaves, and other appliances that broadcast or Emmit energy on the 2.4ghz wavelength can interfere with your cordless mouse signal to the receiver.
I'm not sure about new phones that transmit on the 5.8ghz wavelength.

the only thing I can say is remove anything around your computer that you think might be interfering
with the signal and see if it improves.
I only use corded mouse myself. I got tired of buying batteries for mine. seemed like I was
putting in new batteries at least once a week. I swear by the cord

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-cordless-mouse-s-not-working.709175/
Relevancy 69.66%

I was using it fine last night perfectly. Now it just doesn't move at all............ It's pissing me off. I am so happy with it and now it just doesn't work. Everything is turned on like it was last night and it just doesn't work. I have no idea what would of caused this.

How do I forcefully install the driver software for it? Maybe it got deleted somehow...

Thanks,
Mike

A:Logitech G7 Mouse just stopped working.

Have you checked the battery?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g7-mouse-just-stopped-working.624801/
Relevancy 69.66%

After the latest updates to Windows 10 on 1 September, my Logitech mouse has lost several of its functions (including the scroll function) in all applications. I downloaded the latest Setpoint and reinstalled it and then rebooted, but nothing has changed.
Since everything was ok before, I am assuming Windows 10 is the culprit.

A:Logitech mouse not working in Windows 10

Originally Posted by NIRC

After the latest updates to Windows 10 on 1 September, my Logitech mouse has lost several of its functions (including the scroll function) in all applications. I downloaded the latest Setpoint and reinstalled it and then rebooted, but nothing has changed.
Since everything was ok before, I am assuming Windows 10 is the culprit.

Either try it without the setpoint software as it will use Windows 10 drivers and go to Mouse properties check settings there for scrolling or try the mouse on another PC if have one see if it works. Another thing can try is cleaning it with canned air and a lint free cloth. Is it wireless or USB Cable ? Possibility it might be broke.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/20844-logitech-mouse-not-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Guys Please forgive my ignorance, and this is also my first time here. I have a Lenovo R400 laptop (Product ID 7440WKP) and bought a Logitech Wireless Desktop MK250 keyboard and mouse combos - a small unit plugs into the USB port. The thing is that the mouse is working perfect but the keyboard doesn't.  It all works perfect on my PC but not on my laptop. Has anyone any ideas, as I am now getting desperate. Thanks Pieter

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Logitech Wireless Keyboard not working

Hello mate, What is your OS ?

__________________________________________________________________________________Knowledge is of two kinds. We know a subject ourselves, or we know where we can find information on it.ThinkPad T510 4313-CTO Windows 8 x64 - Intel Core i7-620M - NVIDIA NVS 3100M - 8GB RAM - 240GB SSD- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 - Gobi 2000.ThinkPad Helix 3697-CTO Windows 8.1 x64 - Intel Core i7-3667U - Intel HD Graphics 4000 - 8GB RAM- 256GB SSD - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205 - Ericsson C5621gw

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-not-working/td-p/362937
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,
my g15 failed on me so I took my old logitech desktop internet 1500 laser cordless keyboard as backup.
But I can't get it working under windows 7 sp1 x64. Bundled mouse doesn't work either. However they both worked before and they work NOW in bios. I tried uninstalling G series drivers and installing regular logitech drivers. They don't even work in safe mode, but work in bios and boot menu's. Don't know what else to do.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Logitech cordless keyboard not working in w7

Hi, do they show up in Device Manager? If you can get to it, try updating all your USB devices' drivers. Try a different USB port for the transmitter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175673-logitech-cordless-keyboard-not-working-w7.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,
I have just upgraded to free version of windows 10 - now my Logitech MX5000 keyboard doesn't work, I am using my iPad to post this.
I can use mouse and connect to Internet, but when you start looking for solutions it suggests typing in start box - which obviously limited things you can perform with just the mouse
Please help me solve the issue as I like the look of windows 10 and can't wait to start using it to the full potential.
Many thanks
Tania 😀

A:Logitech keyboard not working with windows 10

Follow these steps in order...

Before you start go to control panel, programs and features....and see if Logitech Set Point is installed.

If so.....Uninstall it.

- Restart PC 
- Unplug Replug the USB receiver
- Install Logitech Setpoint Software for the Windows 10 here; http://support.logitech.com/product/mx-revolution

Be sure to choose either 32bit or 64 bit....as per your system..if unsure go to control panel>>> system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586046/logitech-keyboard-not-working-with-windows-10/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I purchsed working.. wheel optical Mouse 700 MX not Logitech a new Mouse today the MX Optical rechargable Can be seen here HERE Now a normal mouse with a wheel will allow you to roll the wheel to flick up and down your web and text etc Ive assigned my buttons and wheel to Universal and Auto scoll etc and the Wheel still MX 700 Logitech optical Mouse wheel not working.. doesnt work Ive got it connected to the USB I tried the PS port and still no Joy Ive updated with the latest drivers and still the wheel wont allow me to scroll I also allowed to use Office or something like that If I press the wheel button in yes I can but you should be able to roll it and move your page up and down Im using Windows XP home Now If I cant get it to work after re porting here then I shall have to take it back At Euros something like this should work like a Dream but it doesnt I need the wheel as it is a very important part of my gaming Please HELP as I need this on the road Thx in advance Visit me FFR nbsp

A:MX 700 Logitech optical Mouse wheel not working..

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mx-700-logitech-optical-mouse-wheel-not-working.99124/
Relevancy 69.23%

I recently installed a Logitech mouse. It works fine until I reboot and then the scrolling wheel stops working. I have to go into the mouse settings in order to turn it back on. It's an MX510.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-stops-working-after-reboot.630034/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am about to buy a Logitech MK550 combo and wanted to make sure it works on my W8 RTM.

A:Are Logitech wireless mouse/keyboards working?

Hello Rollerdog,

The MX 5500 and the Setpoint software works just fine for me in Windows 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/8707-logitech-wireless-mouse-keyboards-working.html
Relevancy 69.23%

My mouse went haywire on me today. Just started jumping around. I changed batteries & it quit, but now it is working BACKWARDS! Up is down & left is right etc. The scroll button is working alright. I reinstalled it, etc. Any ideas??? Help!

Thanks! Lisa

Relevancy 69.23%

Model is CE M525.

The batteries are brand new. It's been working great for 2 years. I brought the mouse and receiver to my work place, plugged it it, it downloaded the software immediately and worked all day. I brought my laptop to a friend's house, and the mouse worked great. All of my USP ports work great with other devices; i.e., external HD, flash drive, printer, etc.

The only change I have made was I bought a new NetGear router.

I looked at Printers and Devices and it is showing up and says "this device is working properly. But the cursor will not move.

Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Logitech Wirless Mouse stopped working

If possible (maybe using a different mouse) try pairing the mouse and receiver using the Unified software.

Which computer has this problem, the HP dv6 ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wirless-mouse-stopped-working.1136546/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey all.

I'm running Vista on a Dell Inspiron 1720 with a logitech vista certified USB mouse. Runs great, until I plug something else into one of the USB ports. Anything else. Any port. Then it stops working.

I can get it working again by unplugging the mouse, waiting a while, and plugging it back in, but that's really annoying. This happens no matter which port the mouse was plugged into initially.

Is there anything I can do to get it to stop doing that?

A:Logitech Mouse stops working when something is plugged into USB

I had the same problem when I plugged it into a USB hub... Weird.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-mouse-stops-working-when-something-is-plugged-into-usb.764471/
Relevancy 68.8%

hi i have logitech k wireless keyboard with touchpad it not in with working Issues keyboard 7 Logitech win K400 works fine in bios and in xp but on some reason it does not work in win it detected the device when i Issues with Logitech K400 keyboard not working in win 7 plugin the small wireless device and says quot ready to use quot but nothing is happening keys are not working touchpad is not working mouse buttons are not working touchpad buttons there is no driver cd that came with the keyboard it is plug n play it worked almost instantly in xp - seconds and worked what is going on my main keyboard is saitek cyborg v if you think it conflicts then earlier i used a mini wireless keyboard with touchpad and it worked fine under win somewhere on logitech site i read that someone had similar issue and that he said it worked in safe mode because some program was blocking it i have not tested in safe mode but something tells me it will work either way i dont care about safe mode i know keyboard is fully working and i need it with my win machine any suggestions

A:Issues with Logitech K400 keyboard not working in win 7

anyone?? i still cant get it to work

ok i found a fix that was found on this forum under different topic with different device.
someone had issue with different logitech wireless keyboard.

so what causes this problem is "motioninjoy" gamepad drivers. i had to completely uninstall the software in order to get it working. no restart required !
there might be other programs that cause similar issues, but that is one of them...

i still need my motioninjoy drivers tho!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/262763-issues-logitech-k400-keyboard-not-working-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello.
I've been using my Logitech M185 for 3 months now without any problems. Until today. Scroll click isn't working any more. The scroll is still working though - I can scroll up and down through pages. I've tested it with my PC and the problem persists. What could be causing this? If it matters - I am using Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Thank you.

A:Solved: Scroll click not working on Logitech mouse

Does it work if you press down hard? I had the same problem with my mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-scroll-click-not-working-on-logitech-mouse.1035708/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey guys,

I've searched this problem with no luck in finding a solution.

I just upgraded my computer to vista and went to install my logitech setpoint so I can have those awesome keyboard shortcuts for my MX3000, but when I open up my setpoint there is no tab for keyboard.

Only the "My Mouse" tab comes up. The funny thing is my keyboard is functional as I am using it right now to type this!

I tried drivers from both Logitech and two other websites with no change.

Anybody have a clue?

THANKS

A:Logitech Setpoint doesn't detect working keyboard

whats the model ID of the keyboard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-setpoint-doesnt-detect-working-keyboard.772671/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have bought a logitech's "internet pro desktp black" keyboard & mouse(combo) .
its(keyboard) media keys are not working with my acer aspire 5536G laptop with windows7 and amd turion x2 processor. It worked with desktops and some other laptops.
so what should i do to use the media keys?
the keyboard & mouse came with an installation cd of 'iTouch'.
when i run the setup a message appears saying
"Sorry,this software is not compatible with your operating system. Your device will still provide basic functionality. The installer will close now."
kindly suggest something

A:media keys of logitech keyboard not working with laptop

Download the latest version from Logitech's website compatible with your mouse and keyboard set.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-keys-of-logitech-keyboard-not-working-with-laptop.889598/
Relevancy 68.37%

I am a new owner of the MK260. While the mouse works fine, the hotkeys on the keyboard does not work. Anyway I can get them to work or configure?

Windows 7 here.

Relevancy 67.51%

Its a Logitech wireless optical mouse I ve pushed the reset button on the bottom tried restarting my computer and tried mouse...left working Logitech button wireless stops using the troubleshooting feature that came with the mouse itself Starting today the left button stopped working The right button works fine The batteries are new The scroll wheel works fine The pointer works fine I tried it again and suddenly it Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working was working then the next time I went to click on something it stopped again I just got it for christmas what could be wrong The only thing I can possibly think of is that my month old had it in his hand last week banging on the keyboard with it Maybe he broke it a little bit and thats why its giving me trouble now Unless anyone knows what I can do to try and get it working then I think i ll have to buy a new one So help me if you can If not no worries I still have the mouse that came with my computer and I can get along with that until i get a new one nbsp

A:Logitech wireless mouse...left button stops working

I suspect you'll be buying a new one. It's probably the switch in the mouse, I've had those switches go on mice a number of times. Let's see, I've had 4-5 of them go in 50,000 posts, so you were due for a failure with 16,000!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-wireless-mouse-left-button-stops-working.569459/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse and I use the wheel button for Universal Scroll. I installed Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive (clean install) about 8 months ago and it worked fine with the built-in drivers. I turned my system on last night and Windows 10 no longer sees the wheel button, the wheel scroll works fine.. I downloaded and installed the latest Logitech SetPoint Software and configured the wheel button but Windows 10 still does not recognize it.

Any idea what I need to do to fix this?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/55904-logitech-m310-mouse-wheel-button-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I Logitech stopped Left wireless working click mouse on (Solved) m creating this post just fyi should it help anyone else with this problem Here s what I Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) tried and at least in my case how i solved a quot mouse left click doesn t work quot problem I have a Logitech wireless laser mouse and use rechargeable AA batteries The other morning i powered on my computer as usual and tried using my Logitech Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) wireless mouse but left click didn t work although Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved) rt click and mouse movement continued working just fine Things i first tried that didn t help gt Reinstalling Logitech Setpoint and mouse drivers gt Reinstalling Logitech USB transceiver firmware gt Pressing the quot reconnect quot button on the USB transceiver to reconnect transceiver to wireless mouse gt Changed the mouse batteries a couple times and also tried recently recharged batteries Then i had a hunch well it was really more of a last ditch hopeful guess - but it seems to have worked I removed the batteries and let the mouse sit overnight without any battery inside it When i put batteries back in the next morning the mouse has been working fine again ever since Go figure stickout nbsp

A:Left click on Logitech wireless mouse stopped working (Solved)

Good stuff there J. I don't know anything about wireless mice but i am wondering if it "reset" itself. Just a thought and a small one at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/left-click-on-logitech-wireless-mouse-stopped-working-solved.158582/
Relevancy 66.22%

hi there my mouse jumps around the screen and upon restart neither my mouse moving mouse restart, not working Solved: keyboard trojan? irradically, on and mouse or my keyboard would work without unplugging them and re-plugging Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? them in also i have alot of suspicious processes running that wont turn off and my internet is very jumpy and pages take along time to load below is my HJT log thanks for looking Hello there thank you for taking the time to help me i really appreciate it below is my HJT log file i also have an active scan log file which found a trojan i believe any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINNT system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-moving-irradically-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-restart-trojan.761670/
Relevancy 66.22%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I am unable to troubleshoot this problem So may be someone can help me here I have following devices Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer it is wireless mouse Logitech cordless Keyboard Model Y-RC again mouse Microsoft and Cordless cordless Keyboard hang to cause Logitech Vista wireless kboard The version of Vista is Home Premium bit I connect both the devices to USB ports of my laptop HP Microsoft Cordless mouse and Logitech cordless Keyboard cause Vista to hang Pavalion dv When system boots everything works fine When I go to school I disconnect the devices and I hibernate the system When I come back to home I power on the system Microsoft Cordless mouse and Logitech cordless Keyboard cause Vista to hang and it works fine But when I re-connect the devices system freezes I am trying to troubleshoot which of the two devices causes this Today I found that when I connect mouse it works perfectly but when I connect the keyboard after that the system froze The Logitech website Microsoft Cordless mouse and Logitech cordless Keyboard cause Vista to hang tells that the driver in Vista is sufficient These devices used to work fine on my older Dell laptop with Windows XP home Any suggestions Thanks Prabhat

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/207117-microsoft-cordless-mouse-logitech-cordless-keyboard-cause-vista-hang.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Before this round of trouble I discovered a problem with one of my graphics cards when they were in SLI with Blue screens and other nasty little things occuring when running Windows I removed my secondary graphics card from the system to see if I could get a more stable OS which I did I decided to test to see if the other graphics card running on it s own would lead to a stable system however I was getting zeros on the VGA BIOS bootup screen and other problems before I even reached Windows Vista I did sucessfully boot into Vista and enter my password using Keyboard working isn't mouse just working not properly, the keyboard and move the mouse around however once I had logged into my profile Vista began asking me if I wanted to Keyboard not working properly, mouse just isn't working install the drivers for the keyboard and mouse I selected to update from the Internet and when Vista did not find any drivers for either device it disabled them Eventually I got both the keyboard and mouse functioning again by reinstalling Intellipoint pro and the Logitech setpoint While using the second graphics card I noted some distortions such as zeros appearing on the VGA BIOS screen during boot up so I decided to switch out the graphics cards again again this caused Vista to forget about my keyboard and mouse I am however able to get onto Vista a combination of a cheap usb mouse I had laying around and the Vista on screen keyboard The fix I used previously reinstalling of Intellipoint and Setpoint has not works I have also attempted to manually install the drivers through device manager everytime I do this with the keyboard I get a message saying that the driver cannot be installed because of quot Access is Denied quot I get the same message with reinstalling the mouse I have got the keyboard to work somehow however it keeps asking me for a driver at startup and inside device manager the keyboard is listed as quot Unknwon Device quot that is ON the Natural Ergonomic keyboard if I choose to update the driver or tell Vista not to tell me about the driver update the keyboard stops working and I am back to square one Short Version I changed my primary graphics card and now the Vista drivers for my mouse and keyboard do not work while the same hardware does work under Ubuntu Any help will be apprieciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-not-working-properly-mouse-just-isnt-working.748314/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have recently installed a Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combo, the keyboard being a K520 unit. I have set up all the special "F" keys and "Hot" keys, to open various programs, etc., and these work perfectly - until I shut down the computer. When I restart it, none of these special keys function, causing me to open the Logitech "Mouse and Keyboard Settings", and click "apply", which gets them working again. Does anyone know why the keys do not remember my settings upon shutdown, and how I can avoid this? Many thanks.

A:Solved: "F" Keys on Logitech K520 Keyboard not working at Startup.

Was advised to Uninstall/re-Install Logitech SetPoint, which I did and all seems to be fine now! Marking as Solved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-f-keys-on-logitech-k520-keyboard-not-working-at-startup.1084264/
Relevancy 61.06%

I rebooted windows to work with Linux for a bit. When I rebooted into windows, I got to the login screen, but the mouse and keyboard simply don't work. The red light under the mouse is dead and the NumLock (or CapsLock) keys do not change the light.

This happened before I reinstalled, and I couldn't fix it.

A:Mouse and keyboard not working?

please help

Now Im stuck in linux....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/80370-mouse-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently did a build and it was actually perfect! everything booted up on the first try and worked great. Untill well about two days ago. i came home from class and turned on the pc and i got nothing... i have a g15 keyboard and a g5 laser mouse. they wont even lite up =\ well i got the error code 7F on my mobo which is waiting for a response in bios... so i dont even know where to begin along the lines of trouble shooting. if i could get some help i would be so happppy.. cause i got 2grand worth of computer parts just collecting dust

A:Keyboard and mouse not working on PC

if you could post the system specs of the computer it would help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-pc.772102/
Relevancy 61.06%

Installed windows 8.1 preview last night and after installing i get stuck at the lock screen, cant click or punch keys to log in. Since the powers that be decided to change how you boot into safe mode is my only option to format?

A:Mouse & keyboard not working win 8.1

Hello Don, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Do you have another keyboard and/or mouse that you could use until you get the other's drivers installed for?

What brand and model number is the mouse and keyboard, and how are they connected?

What brand and model is your PC?

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28042-mouse-keyboard-not-working-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Suddenly this morning, the mouse and keyboard of my pc were not working even though they were fine when I swiched off my pc yesterday. I tried USB mouse and keyboard and they are working fine. Also I tried my ps/2 mouse and keyboard on another pc and they are also working fine.
My OS is windows XP and my motherboard is intel with a pentium 4 processor

A:ps/2 mouse and keyboard not working

Its probably a hardware problem with the motherboard.

If it works fine with a usb mouse and ps2 keyboard, why not just keep using that combination?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps-2-mouse-and-keyboard-not-working.403651/
Relevancy 61.06%

Same problem here stuck on the lock screen, no choice but to power down and reboot. Dell XPS420 with Logitech wireless mouse and Dell USB keyboard ...

8.1 preview doesn't recognize either device

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/29617-mouse-keyboard-not-working-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I need to reinstall vista after pc crashed after installing sp1. Keyboard lights up when i power on but then nothing. Its plugged in right after looking on the net i removed battery from motherboard and got msg saying ps/2 not connected but it is. I only need to press 1 button to reintall vista and its driving me mad haha any ideas please i have tried other keyboards.

Relevancy 61.06%

I have installed Windows 8 Release Preview for a month. I installed this OS normally without any problem during installation and I used hardwares normally. I But now, my mouse, keyboard and all USB plugins don't work. When I start my computer, the light on my keyboard turn on and then off when Windows is starting. I have tried many solutions but they don't work. My internet connection plugin works well and my computer still update news from Sport App. What should I do now?
I'm using a desktop computer with Intel Pentium D 3.00GHZ processor. Before I install Win 8 Released Preview, I used Windows 8 Comsumer Preview and no problem happened.

A:Mouse and keyboard not working???

I have a problem with keyboard and mouse as well,I can use both of them in antvirus rescue discs but can't in windows 8 enterprise x64. I have no idea what to do,I tried everything
heeeeeeelp! please
Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7546-mouse-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I've a Medion Akoya MD PC with previous windows Home Build installed and with a working USB USB mouse&keyboard working not medion mouse and keyboard Reccently I upgraded manually with media creation tool fromMS to Windows Home V Build and my USB keyboard and mouse didn't work anymore I had a luck that I've Acronis True image and a backup tib file and i'had to use the bootable Acronis rescue emergency disk and USB mouse&keyboard not working somehow I succeeded to use my old PS keboard USB mouse&keyboard not working and mouse from another PC to function with the upgrade But the prolem is now that i cannot use install anyymore the original Medion USB keyb amp mouse I tried eveything in device manager remove driver uninstall driver and then reinstall but nothing solves the problem For example USB mouse&keyboard not working the USB mouse is called Pluralinputmouse in dev manager but there is a yellow mark and i had the following messages quot device doesn't start code insufficient system sources available to finish the API quot or Device not connected or there is no connection code Does anyone knows a solution or advice Thanks friendly regards

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39992-usb-mouse-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

What can i do? My mouse and keyboard isn't working at the opening of windows (where i login and everything) and i've already try replacing the mouse and keyboards, yet it did not solve the issue.

-i try to reinstall windows 7 (didn't work)
-However i was able to open safe mode to change some settings, and still doesn't work.
-already try using other USB ports and yet nothing tend to happen

Note that: i was able to use my keyboard on BIO's but when it continues to the next screen (windows) it disconnects or turns off.
Also i would be happy to share the list of component, only if you guys really need it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-isnt-working.1127122/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,

While trying to correct a CD/DVDRW drive fault, I have deleted Upper/lower filters in the registry editor which means now there is absolutely no response from the keyboard/mouse. Because of this I cant obviously perform a system restore and I have repeatedly tried restoring to a good configuration point with no results.
My OS is Windows XP home edition and the computer itself is an Acer Aspire T120E.
Any help is greatly appreciated as I have a 3D building model which I have spent a fortnight creating which is due soon for a college project and I cant access it! oops! lol

A:Keyboard/Mouse not working in OS

Oops! - sounds like you deleted the wrong filter references!

All I can suggest you try now is a "Repair Install" using the Windows XP CD (borrow one if you don't have one, but it must be the same version with same service pack):

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-mouse-not-working-in-os-550261.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Please help! I changed my keyboard from the generic ps2 to orteck (which is my brand of keyboard) I prompted windows to go out and check for an updated driver. It was not digitally signitured. I said go for it and when I rebooted I have keybord in dos but not in gui mode. I also lost my ps2 mouse. I am running window 2k and tried last known configuration. I have tried using a serial mouse, I have tried using a serial connection to the keyboard, I have tried using a usb mouse but cannot configure it in windows. Please does anyone know what to do. I have tried connecting to a hub but cannot get into the pc with my laptop because nothing is configured. Will Windows repair work? Is there a way to put different drivers into Dos?
I am out of my mind!!

P.S. I also do not have an erd.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hay guys Whats up please help me ou with my problem!, Ok first of all please move my post to Hardware if thisIs a Hardware issue.Note:I am using PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Problem: When i start my system my Mouse and Keyboard stop workingSolution's Tried:*Unplug and replug(Didnt work)*Trying to go into safe mode(Didnt work)*Trying to enter bios(Didnt work)So i reseted the bios using cmos battery wich allowed me to enter bios and check everything was okBut after i exit same problemSo what i did - i removed the keyboard and mouse started working(I am using On-Screen Keyboard now)I was not sure if this a Hardware or Software issue since mouse works fine untill i plug the keyboardAny help would be appreciated ^_^

A:Mouse and Keyboard not working

You may need to Change the CMOS Battery

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352465/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello all I've just Windows on my working and Keyboard No Mouse desktop Installation went g them perfectly and i was using the system for a few hours with no problems I reset the machine after installing a few drivers and when the machine booted No Keyboard and Mouse working back up The keyboard and mouse stopped working completely I've tried pluging them into other USB ports with no success I haven't installed any updates to Windows and i haven't connected the system to the internet The keyboard and mouse stop working on the Windows Choose OS screen I have other OS's installed on the same machine and the keyboard and mouse are still working Drivers I installed before i rebooted Intel chipset drivers I think it's this I'm not sure if the USB ports are working at all Firewire Audio interface M-Audio Project Mix IO Graphics card XFX Radeon HD XXX Logitech setpoint for my Performance MX Mouse XBOX Wireless receiver My motherboard is an Asus PST SE with an i CPU Keyboards Generic HP USB keyboard and Apple USB Keyboard with Number Pad Thanks in advance

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/9069-no-keyboard-mouse-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Yesterday I got on my computer everything is running fine. Today got on it for awhile and suddenly the USB keyboard and USB mouse lock up. I've tried restarting it and I can't get past the first screen. It says keyboard not present or something around those lines.

I plugged in a ps/2 keyboard and it works but my USB mouse will still not work. I've tried going into BIOS and making sure USB was enabled. Tried a system restore but for some reason it wont complete.

Went into safe mode and tried scanning it nothing came up but a couple tracking cookies.

Did a diagnostics through the f8 thing on start up.

Tested both the USB keyboard and mouse on another computer. They both work.

Also went into device manager and uninstalled all the USB stuff in there so it would reinstall on start up.

Nothing seems to work. Help would be appreciated!

A:keyboard and mouse not working

Hello andrewww. Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like your USB ports are bad.

Of course, questions that came to my mind: New computer? Old? How long has it been running the OS? How long have the devices worked? I assume this is a desktop.
If you fill out your SYSTEM SPECS under your forum profile a lot of these questions would be answered and you would get better answers.

Have you tested other USB devices, like thumb drives, external drives?
Have you tested all of the USB ports?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/149836-keyboard-mouse-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi! I have a windows 10 desktop. This morning a storm was passing through and it affected my computer when a power outage occured in my house.I turned it back on, and at first the keyboards and mouse lit up for a short while before turning off. My computer states that it need to restart and repair itself, and then dives into its automatic repairing. When my computer restarts, the keyboard and mouse light up again before returning back to its dormant state and never returning. Now my computer is stuck on this screen talking about "Choose you keyboard layout," and I can't do anything because my mouse and keyboard is not working.

Please do give me some help. I have work to do and this computer is all I have

Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/613453/help-my-mouse-and-keyboard-are-not-working/
Relevancy 61.06%

So or so years ago one of my computers pooped out on me If I am remembering correctly at first i got the google re-direct virus but eventually my mouse and keyboard stopped working entirely They we're wireless I gave them new batteries and still nothing I even tried borrowing from my parents to XP keyboard/mouse not working... see if it was just the wireless itself thru usb and XP keyboard/mouse not working... still nothing I remember downloading Norton Antivirus yes illegally-gasp and a dumb move I know just before it all happened mouse keyboard issues so I'm not sure if thats what caused it and I honestly don't remember what all I did at that point to try and fix it I'm guessing I d l Norton to try and get rid of the virus but I think it made things worse and maybe it had a virus too I think I tried setting the date back after the google issue At any rate my parents got me a new computer so I just stopped worrying about it but I'd like to get old pictures and videos off of my old one and tried again today to no avail I tried with my new keyboard and mouse which are usb and nothing It immediately takes me to the blue screen chkdsk thing and runs through the steps B c the keyboard doesn't work I can't just bypass it but it never fully finishes the steps It gets to the th and doesn't get past percent even after waiting hours Any idea what is wrong and how I could fix it A lil help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance

A:XP keyboard/mouse not working...

Quote:

I honestly don't remember what all I did...... takes me to the blue screen chkdsk thing and runs through the 5 steps.....it never fully finishes the 5 steps. It gets to the 5th and doesn't get past 0 percent

This would mean there is a problem with the HDD if it can't finish Check Disk. You can remove the HDD from the computer and attach it internally to a desktop computer, Via a USB Adapter or put it in USB Enclosure. If you can access the drive, be sure to do a thorough Anti-Virus scan on the drive before copying any files to the new computer or you will infect that computer too.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-keyboard-mouse-not-working-654216.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi - I have messed up the keyboard and mouse drivers on my Windows 10 installation, so now when I boot up I have no input possibilities. What are my options?
I don't have a "recovery" disk - but I do have a Windows 10 install USB.
I don't have any restore points.
I have tried restarting many times - with and without the keyboard and mouse attached.
How can I "reset" the input drivers?
Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/44703-keyboard-mouse-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
I just received a computer for free,
The Conputer is a 'Compaq Deskpro EN'
It is the model with a 733MHz P3 and 10GB HDD.
So; My USB keyboard and mouse does not respond in the already installed Windows XP OS, this means that I cannot type the password in the login screen. My Keyboard/Mouse works when in the BIOS, but nowhere else.
I have also tried using a USB to PS/2 adapter and still nothing.

How can I get them to work in XP?
Thanks for any replies :)

A:USB Keyboard/Mouse Not Working On XP!

Hello rcss18 & welcome to TSF

Have you tried updating the USB keyboard/mouse drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-keyboard-mouse-not-working-on-xp-653689.html
Relevancy 61.06%

This pc is a dell ultra. The key board and mouse work on other computers so I know It is not that. I started up my computer this morning and neither the mouse or keyboard will do anything. I know i am getting power to the mouse because it is lightning up red on the bottom. Obviously the computer is unusable. How can i fix this?

A:My mouse and keyboard are not working

Hi and welcome to TSF do they work in the bios try tapping delete on booting or safe mode try tapping F8 on booting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-mouse-and-keyboard-are-not-working-652430.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Keyboard and mouse both not working
I tried using the pairing method and still it won't work. What should I do? Devastated and frustrated

A:Keyboard and mouse both not working

Same problem. Qosmio all in one PC. Tried the pairing instructions also and the light indicates pairing success but mouse and keyboard still not working. Can anyone help please....

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?88324-Keyboard-and-mouse-both-not-working
Relevancy 61.06%

i updated my mouse & keyboard drivers and then restarted my computer. now none of them works.
They work in BIOS but they don't work in safe mode or windows. so it is impossible for me to roll back my drivers.
I checked and usb ports & mouse and keyboard were enabled in BIOS.
I reset my BIOS by removing the battery & stuff. but it didn't solve my problem.
I unplogged my computer and then plugged it again. didn't solve my problem.
I tried restoring and repairing. (by F8) but it didn't work.
I tried using different keyboard and mouses. but they don't work either.
I tried using PS/2 but it doesn't work either.
PS: when i try to boot, sth comes up as deamon tools update. which is normal & has always been there. but do u think it may be related?!

my keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013

My mouse: Razer naga Moltencore mouse

my motherboard: AsRock

A:Mouse & Keyboard not working

Did you try "system restore" from advanced boot options? Or is F8 not working? What happens if you go back in time, so driver is rollbacked. Mouse and keyboard work in recovery environment?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289318-mouse-keyboard-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I am asking this for a relative because they can t use their computer They say that their mouse and keyboard have stopped working They can only turn the computer off by pushing in the power button They ve had this computer for a few years now It s a Dell Dimension I think WinXP about - MB RAM GB hard drive which is about full and I think it s about GHz Celeron processor It s also on an unsecure wireless network for the purpose of using a DSL connection They told me that when they turn on the computer it will go to the AOL screen and that s it Their screensaver works but the mouse and keyboard Mouse working not Keyboard and do not The mouse is a wireless Microsoft mouse and I think it s PS but I m Mouse and Keyboard not working not certain I don t know what brand the keyboard is but it s not wireless is PS That s all the information I have at this time Unfortunately they re not too computer savvy and if I didn t already know their computer specs they never would ve been able to provide that information Is there anything that I should check out when I go over there I ve never come across this kind of problem before so I m not sure what to do especially since I can t use the mouse or keyboard My first guess would be to try another PS mouse and or keyboard with the computer turned off Then if that doesn t work maybe try a USB mouse or keyboard which we don t have If that doesn t work maybe try booting into Safe Mode Other than that I have no idea what to do Any suggestions I will add that I think someone at their house has been hot plugging some device perhaps an external hard drive or flash drive and maybe that caused damaged to the motherboard I recall seeing something a month ago in quot My Computer quot under quot Devices with Removable Storage quot that wasn t actually plugged into the computer at that time as if a device had been unplugged unsafely I don t know what that was and neither does the relative I suspect one of their grandkids did it nbsp

A:Mouse and Keyboard not working

Try another mouse+keyboard and see if it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working.585003/
Relevancy 61.06%

My mouse &n keyboard are not working in window 7 desktop computer.
I have updated driver still not working. The problem it had war ps/2 port both mouse and keyboard. I try to update it with driver that I had, after that every thing did not work again both ps/2 and USB port.
Please will i do to solve this problem.

A:mouse and keyboard not working

Hi and welcome to TSF what do you mean war ps/2 what is the make and model of your computer and have you tried system restore to a point when it did work

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-and-keyboard-not-working-688619.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have dual boot for XP x64 and W10. I tried installing chipset drivers for MSI P35 Platinum and the USB ports stopped working. I tried PS2/USB adapter but not sure if it has ever worked.

I also tried safe mode, debug mode and other possible start up options. Everything works in BIOS and also when I boot W10, but in XP keyboard and mouse are not responding. What options do I have?
I tried searching for PS2 mouse, but could find any in two local stores. Just 20 different USB or wireless mices.

Now I am thinking about ordering PS2 mouse, but if the PS2 ports are not working either, what to do? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616399/keyboard-mouse-not-working-xp/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay so this is my wifes computer its an old Dell dimension Okay so the Keyboard Mouse working. and not PS/2 problem started with the USB PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse not working. drives not working properly they would not recognize any new hardware but still recognized things that had already been installed and would work them just fine she tried to use microsofts website to solve the problem but to use the quot fix it for me quot option she had to download and instal the net framework or higher so she installed because it was the newest after she restarted her computer her computer no longer recognized her PS keyboard or mouse however on start up it will recognize the keyboard because you can hit F F and F to go to the different menus and use the keyboard just fine I have no clue what the problem is but does anyone have anyide of how to fix it not much you can do when the keyboard and mouse don t work thanks also any sugestions on how to fix the USB problem after the keyboard mouse problem would be appreciated nbsp

A:PS/2 Keyboard and Mouse not working.

dells are hell for this issue, press delete or watch for the quick flash up on post saying something like press f12 for boot up configurations or bios
anyhow get to bios eventually, look for usb and keyboard support make sure its enabled

after go to dells utility which all dells have usually press f10 on start up to access full range of tools , there are usb port checks available there

if you end up back at square one with no improvmnet, go to device manager start run type devmgmt.msc check no red Xs in there or yellows

if that is ok then possible reinstallation required and/or your mobo is faulty (very common on dells)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps-2-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working.960803/
Relevancy 61.06%

i have just installed win8.1 and I have the the same problem. i am a using a MS sidewinder keyboard and mouse. (surely this is compatible). any one who can help???

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/29618-mouse-keyboard-not-working-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi

I have an e-machines 420 which initially seemed to have a power issue i.e. it wouldn't power on. After checking all power connectors internally the machine would boot. BUT the ps2 mouse and keyboard would not respond, and the capslock light would flash repeatedly. Also tried USB mouse and keyboard on all usb ports with the exact same result.

After a lot of research, it appeared it could be either the motherboard, so a new Asrock P4i65g was purchased and installed - but the problem remained. So more research, and a new power supply was installed ... but hte problem still remains.

Please help - this is my retired parents pc, we've spent 80 already and who knows how many hours trying to resove this problem.

Any advice gratefully recieved.

Lesley

Relevancy 61.06%

Once I get to my desktop I cannot use my keyboard, touchpad, or a mouse. So my computer is totally useless. I want to try a system restore but can't. I've tried starting in safe mode and it does the same thing. I pushed F12 to enter boot mode and I tested my mouse, keyboard, and system. They all checked out ok. The keyboard and mouse even operated in this mode but once I exited to the desktop they quit. (My CD also said it tested fine but I know this isn't true since it hasn't for sometime and I think I just need to repair the driver for it.)

Please any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

A:Please help, keyboard and mouse not working

Hi cbspon,See if any of these things will help you further:Go into the BIOS by hitting the Del key during bootup. Click down to PnP/PCI and hit enter. Then check if the "Resources controlled by" is set to Auto. If not, set it to Auto. Then "Esc" back to the previous menu and select "User Password". See if it is set or disabled or requires an entry.Are you using a ps/2 mouse/keyboard or usb? Does the alternative work?If the above doesn't help, you may wish to replace or refresh the CMOS battery. This step can involve losing all your settings, so you may wish to read more about this step before taking it. For laptops this is not as straightforward as for towers and desktops. Please see these two articles: http://murfsgarage.cybertechhelp.com/cmos.htmhttp://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000976.htmZllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/190388/please-help-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working/
Relevancy 61.06%

I built a computer about 3 months ago and began having a temperature problem, I opened up the case and found that the plastic bkt on the motherboard that holds the heatsink down, had a broken tab... i took the motherboard out, took of the bkt, fixed it and put everything back together. My problem now is that when i boot up the computer, it will boot up to windows, but my mouse and keyboard are dead. Ive tried unplugging everything, just plugging one or the other in but no luck. Anybody have any suggestions?

Relevancy 61.06%

I have an Inspiron E1505 laptop. I was trying to reinstall drivers for my CD drive that was not working properly. I believe I accidentally uninstalled keyboard and mouse drivers. I remember deleting 'upper and lower filters' from the registery. Now when I turn on my laptop, the desktop appears but the mouse and keyboard will not work. I tried plugging in an USB mouse, I get a message that says new hardware found but the mouse still doesn't work. If I need to download drivers, how will I get them to work if the I can't access the mouse or keyboard? BTW - I can't locate my XP CD. I can use the keyboard in F2 mode but not in safe mode. Thanks in advance, Jay

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-441849.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay you have probably read similar posts well I was reading some before to get some ideas on my problem pretty much my usb mouse doesn t get any power working not Keyboard/mouse so no red laser light I ve tried another USB mouse in both ports ofcourse and Keyboard/mouse not working they didn t work I put a flash drive in it and it did respond soo I can t get my screen seems to work fine though it stays on standby so I just see a black screen my Keyboard seems to get a little bit of power it works fine when you just turn it on then after a little while you can t turn capslock on numlock on off etc also at first when my comp monitor is turned on I can turn my monitor on and off but then again after a while it won t let me turn it off again I ve opened my comp up taken everything out then back in again but I have the same problem this all happened after my dad went Keyboard/mouse not working to take the comp out of my room Anyone have any ideas on what the problem could possibly be nbsp

A:Keyboard/mouse not working

Is the voltage selection switch in 110 or 220?

Have you/can you test the mouse & keyboard on another comp?

Can you boot into bios screen and see it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-mouse-not-working.77968/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have the same thing as Tinyman...no keyboard or mouse by attempting to add safe mode with networking. What is UEFI?
Where do I find this USB viewable option as I am connected by USB?

I went to set up (F2 at boot) > and then searched around for anything that relates to USB and found that USB is enabled and on high speed. Hope that is not it and I am missing something, because I still have no mouse or keyboard.

Keyboard and mouse are the ones that came with the Dell XPS 7100 system.

I'll try different USB ports and report back...didn't make a difference.
What am I missing? (except for my mouse and keyboard...lol)

A:Keyboard and mouse not working

Hello Rich,

The tutorial below can help show you how to boot to your UEFI firmware settings to check to see if you have the mouse and keyboard enabled at boot.

UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50301-keyboard-mouse-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.06%

More or less as the title says.I've already tried every usb port.
Tried a Usb -> PS/2 adapter and that didn't work.
When the computer loads the keyboard seems to work, though when it reaches the password screen it somehow dies..
The mouse seems to work in the password screen and for about 30secs after the comp is loaded..then it dies...
I can now no longer get into my vista boot to change anything (unless there is a way to fix w/o mouse and keyboard)

Is there any possible fixes for this =D?

A:Keyboard & Mouse Not Working.

Is this a desktop or laptop? Have you tried safe mode? Is this at home or office? The easiest fix I have found for this type of issue is using remote desktop to the pc and allowing the drivers to install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-355006.html
Relevancy 61.06%

And I know why....I was not supposed to Unplug it and Plug it in when the PC was on . But unfortunately I got this info only after doing it. So both keyboard and mouse are not working, I tried it on another PC. I got a spare Keyboard which is also of PS2 and thats not working with the PC. So this means the PS2 ports on my mobo are also gone.

I bought my USB keyboard from office and its woking fine now. I tried to connect the USB Keyboard using a PS2 adapter without any luck. So its almost certain that PS2 is gone.

Is there any workaround to bring it back to life .
Thanks

A:PS2 Keyboard and Mouse Not Working Any More...

Hi mate!

Why bother doing it after all? You can just get a new cheap usb mouse/keyboard set...Even good ones come out really cheap nowdays.

Anyway if you want to use your old PS2 devices you can get a PS2 to USB adapter (If I got you right you already used the opposite, a USB to PS2 in order to check the ports...), they are really cheap and you will be able to use your old devices.

If the ports and/or controller are fried, unfortunately there is not much you can do. But just to make sure enter your BIOS and check if they are enabled in there. You never know with electronics...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ps2-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-any-more.712813/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi there,

I have a relatively new Dell computer that was, up until recently networked wih 4 other computers. My roommate who did the networking did something to the computer so that he could control everything from his laptop (when the password screen popped up, he had to use his wireless keyboard from his laptop to enter it into the Dell).

Here is my problem - my roommate moved out (and very far away) and when I go to turn on my Dell computer now, the password screen pops up, but the mouse and keyboard that is plugged in do not work. I've tried a USB keyboard and a PS2 keyboard and neither work.

I know the password, but is there anything I can do to enable my keyboard and mouse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kristy

A:Keyboard and mouse not working

Only thing I can think of is to check the BIOS settings and I'm not even sure which settings you'd look for. Even though your roommate has moved, are you still in contact? Given the small amount of information you're probably able to post (i.e. if you're not able to log into your PC you can't very well tell us what the settings are) your roommate would probably be the best to give you advice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working.661505/
Relevancy 61.06%

HELP! My computer is not recognizing my mouse or keyboard. I have read lot of forums that say to access the bios. But I can't access the bios when my keyboard is not working. My mouse and keyboard work on my other computer. So I believe it is something with my computer. This is the 4th time in 2 years (i've always taken it to computer nerdz) but this time I want to fix it myself. What should I do???

A:Keyboard and Mouse not working

Ok, so the obvious question is are you plugging in the front or back of your PC?
Have you tried both (as the back usb are directly off your motherboard where as the front are attached to your case)?
Ooooh, only just realised you didnt state if they ARE usb or ps2 connections, this makes a BIG difference?!?

5ndr5

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working.1041336/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey First of all my System confiquration Motherboard Asus P N -E SLI CPU Intel Core Quad mouse not and working Keyboard at GHz RAM GB MHz OCZ DDR Graphics Cards Keyboard and mouse not working x XFX GTX factory overclocked underclocked inside Vista for driver compatiblity Hard disk GB WD Raptor SATA contains Windows Vista Hard disk GB Seagate SATA Storage Hard disk GB Seagate SATA Contains Ubuntu Primary OS Ubuntu Bit Gaming OS Windows Vista Home Premium -bit Keyboard Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Mouse Logitech G Gaming mouse Currently only one graphics card is installed in the system the other one has began displaying strange behaviour and I need to RMA it for a replacement As noted above I discovered a problem with one of my graphics cards when they were in SLI with Blue screens and other nasty little things occuring when running Windows I removed my secondary graphics card from the system to see if I could get a more stable OS which I did I decided to test to see if the other graphics card running on it's own would lead to a stable system however I was getting zeros on the VGA BIOS bootup screen and other problems before I even reached Windows Vista I did sucessfully boot into Vista and enter my password using the keyboard and move the mouse around however once I had logged into my profile Vista began asking me if I wanted to install the drivers for the keyboard and mouse I selected to update from the Internet and when Vista did not find any drivers for either device it disabled them Eventually I got both the keyboard and mouse functioning again by reinstalling Intellipoint pro and the Logitech setpoint Due to the distortions that occured on the other graphics card I decided to switch back to my primary graphics card again this caused Vista to forget about my keyboard and mouse I am however able to get onto Vista a combination of a cheap usb mouse I had laying around and the Vista on screen keyboard The fix I used previously reinstalling of Intellipoint and Setpoint has not works I have also attempted to manually install the drivers through device manager everytime I do this with the keyboard I get a message saying that the driver cannot be installed because of quot Access is Denied quot Short Version I changed my primary graphics card and now the Vista drivers for my mouse and keyboard do not work while the same hardware does work under Ubuntu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-286133.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently had my Computer formatted due to an error "IMMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME". I took my computer to my friends where he resolved the problem and formatted my computer, he also put WIndows XP Crystal Edition on it. My computer loads up fine and the mouse, but the mouse and keyboard won't work, it say's USB User Interface found and it says I need to install them, but as my mouse isn't working it won't allow me to install them. What can I do?

Relevancy 61.06%

I'm not sure which forum I should put this in but here it is...My son has an HP laptop. Suddenly the mouse pad and keyboard aren't working. When the computer is first turned on, the mouse pad will work. I can go online and anywhere with the mouse pad but as soon as I click a button on the keyboard the mouse stops working and the keyboard won't do anything at all. I can plug a mouse in to the usb port and it works fine but still no keyboard. Do I need new drivers? Maybe somehow they were uninstalled...but don't understand why the mousepad will work until I try the keyboard. Thanks in advance for any help! It's a Compaq nc6320 XP professional

Relevancy 61.06%

hi wonder if somebody could help me i have an acer which has been reverted back to windows xp pro the problem is like a fool i was trying to delete a registry entry as keyboard mouse working!!! not & my cd dvd drive was playing up but i now have found out i have actually deleted the mouse and keyboard reg keys and when i start computer mouse is ok once windows actually starts up the keyboard ad mouse will not work tries using a usb mouse with no luck the last resort keyboard & mouse not working!!! i tried to reinstall windows but once i insert disc i get an error invalid ini file boot ini from c windows then the computer resumes to windows desktop and with same problems i can not use either keyboard or mouse and can not boot from installation cd i think from this i am in the brown stuff but i am hoping somebody else will have a solution to this i am not worried about anything thats on thr hard drive is there any other way to fix this thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I am having problems with a PS/2 keyboard and mouse not working. I can get them to work through a USB to PS/2 adapter but it doesn't work until Windows (XP) boots, so I can't get into the BIOS and I can't boot from CD.
It seems the PS/2 ports are fried, but using USB is only OK once Windows is up and running.
If I clear CMOS I can access the BIOS once but after changing to 'boot from CD' and 'save and exit' the keyboard stops working and I can't 'press any key to boot from CD'. Once the Windows screen comes up the mouse/keyboard works again. The motherboard is Abit KV-85 and I want to reinstall Windows after a bad virus attack.
Is there something in BIOS I have missed that will enable this USB mouse/keyboard to work?

Relevancy 61.06%

I have an eMachine 4262, and recently the keyboard and mouse started not working. I have purchased new ones and they don't work. I have tried the usb and the other kind as well. Please Help, I have info on this computer that I NEED!!!!!.
Thanks

A:Keyboard and Mouse not working

Before doing anything, I would pull the drive out and connect it to the system you are using now. Copy/backup anything you do not want to lose.

Next you posted you have tried both usb and ps2 and nothing works. Is that correct?

Does the computer notice if you plug in any other usb device?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working.740446/
Relevancy 61.06%

We have been fighting a virus and it was a loosing battle. The computer did work, however. After moving the computer and hooking it back up, it didn't want to start. We pressed "F8" to start in Safe Mode. It started - but not is Safe Mode. When it did come up, the keyboard and mouse were not responding. We switched the them to be sure they weren't in wrong. They still aren't responding. We put ourlaptop mouse in the USB port and it works.

We need to get this system up and running. Please help

Relevancy 61.06%

My keyboard and mouse suddenly stopped working although I am able to ctrl-alt-del but the arrow keys or mouse will not work. I have not loaded any new applications or devices nor have I made any changes. I am able to uilize both keypad and mouse while running in safe mode. Not sure what is going on. The laptop info is below:

Asus: model K50IJ
Windows 7 Home Premium Service pack 1
Pentium Dual core CPU 2.20 GHZ
RAM: 3.0G
64 bit operating system

Not sure what else you may need but any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Santo