Windows Support Forum

Is it in sync?

Q: Is it in sync?

am new to over-clocking and would rather not do it anytime some as my system seems to be performing well for all my applications and games ( crysis warhead, dirt 3, etc )

what I need to know is if the following is acceptable or not, in terms of core temperatures, CPU usage and everything we see on the screenshot...

Thank You
(system switched on for 2 hours straight, only the browser is running while I take the screen shot)

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is it in sync?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is it in sync?

To begin with, I wouldn't advice overclocking a PC unnecessarily. OCing is a last-ditch effort to keep a machine alive. If it can run Crysis at 45 FPS+, OCing for a few FPS and making the system unstable (NTM voiding warranty) is just not worth it.
Secondly, it's not very clear whether you want opinion in OCing it or are asking if the OCed temps are good. Because whether temps are good or not depends on ambient temps. It's summer where you are, so if the ambient temps are 33`C, those aren't exactly admirable.
To help with them, here are some guides.
Stress it with IntelBurnTest and let me know how high the temps go.

Regards,
Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-in-sync.181155/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi I Live Sync Trojan Sync but doesn't now Vundo - Removed got a Vundo Virus on my XP desktop currently using my Vista Laptop and it took some doing but MalwareBytes seems to have cleaned it up I have notice two seemingly residual problems at least I never had these problems before Live Sync doesn t sync the files I have been syncing the XP desktop to the Vista laptop and never had an issue in fact it was one of the MS programs that I thought actually worked really well Now everything says that it s working Vundo Trojan - Removed but now Live Sync doesn't Sync but nothing is syncing I checked the Port Status Initiate Connection shows OK on all ports but Accept Connection has Blocked on all When I stop and restart Live Sync I can see the Vista laptop goes thru all of the files but does nothing after If I do the same on the XP it seems to look and find no files to sync I have tried uninstalling and re-loading on the XP no help My Windows phone would not sync with ActiveSync either I found a troubleshooting post that said to uncheck in USB- gt PC quot Enable advanced network functionality quot so I did and the phone did sync but before it did a warning came up on the phone saying that this would completely delete all contact calender and mail data and they would be re-loaded with the sync which IT did - took forever Did this Trojan screw with my syncing ability in a general way Thanks Randu nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vundo-trojan-removed-but-now-live-sync-doesnt-sync.963332/
Relevancy 43.86%

SugarSync had this capability where you simply checked specific folders you wanted to be synced. Are there any other sync services that provide this function?

So like my Desktop could be checked off as well as my My Picture's folders.. instead of just having one "Sync" folder.

A:Are there any free sync services that allow me to sync only select folders?

Read here
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2014283/microsoft-adds-selective-sync-to-skydrive-cloud-storage.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/534364/are-there-any-free-sync-services-that-allow-me-to-sync-only-select-folders/
Relevancy 43.86%

SugarSync had this capability where you simply checked specific folders you wanted to be synced. Are there any other sync services that provide this function?

So like my Desktop could be checked off as well as my My Picture's folders.. instead of just having one "Sync" folder.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-there-any-free-sync-services-that-allow-me-to-sync-only-select-folders.1125996/
Relevancy 43.86%

A:Are there any free sync services that allow me to sync only select folders?

Skydrive or Dropbox. www.dropbox.com which is a cloud allows you to backup or sync files and folders.

Edit: Here are a list of others 12 free cloud storage options

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/are-there-any-free-sync-services-that-allow-me-to-sync-only-select-folders-837106.html
Relevancy 43%

hey guys, i've got Firefox's inbuilt 'Sync' setup and it works well. i've got everything ticked that i want synced, however, my 'pinned tabs' aren't synced which is a real shame.

thanks for any help.

A:Firefox Sync: Won't sync 'pinned tabs'?

anyone? i can't figure this out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-sync-wont-sync-pinned-tabs.1092523/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi nbsp We have few laptops windows pro for sales rep and Offline file enable to sync their documents which are on SBS server nbsp I don't know why it try to sync some other users My video My music etc files and error says quot access denied quot or ldquo The Process cannot access the file because it is being used by in with denied or access and to user sync sync failed try and already files use files Offline other folder file another process Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use rdquo nbsp we have tried many times and confirm there's no one using those files but still same error nbsp I found this article on forumbut not sure how much this valid to SBS and if it's known issue why not there's fix patch yet from Microsoft On the server I had to ADD this reg entry and set it to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services MRXSmb Parameters OplocksDisabled REG DWORD or Default not disabled And then Changed this entry to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services LanmanServer Parameters EnableOplocks REG DWORD or Default enabled Regards ayaz

A:Offline file sync try to sync other user files and folder and failed with access denied or files already in use

Hi Scott
I found the problem and use following method to fix it
1) Check SBS group policy
2) Check permission on CSC folders (I delete all folder under this folder and check permission on this folder)
3) Reinitialize Cache database, there are different method but i use following
http://www.networknet.nl/apps/wp/archives/1093
And finally restart PC
Regards
 ayaz

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ab222cb3-4e4f-474b-b853-308a3e81112c/offline-file-sync-try-to-sync-other-user-files-and-folder-and-failed-with-access-denied-or-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay this one is a doozy We had our storage server OS drive crash on our domain which required a reinstall Luckily the data stores were all there still on a separate RAID so it was just a matter of redoing the shares after the reinstall However we ran into a problem with several laptop users As soon as they plugged into the network today all the work they did during the outage appears to be gone They appear only to have access to the files on the network which of course isn't current As a test Reinstall on Center 2008 Pending" Storage - Server "Sync R2 Sync laptops after I've tried disconnecting them from the local Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Reinstall network to check their offline files Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Reinstall disabling wireless and unplugging the dock and they appear to lose access to everything as a result now both desktop and files I've attempted a sync in Sync Center but it simply says quot Sync Pending quot and hangs there When I try to navigate to view my offline files on the system through the Sync Center interface it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot Out of curiosity I tried manually navigating to Windows CSC and access is denied Even when attempting to take ownership as local admin it still doesn't want to let me in As many of the solutions suggest I know I could delete the cache and format the db and sync fresh from our network but they will lose out on all the changes they've made to their documents over the past week or so They may lose out on a significant amount of work Any ideas on what to do I read about an alternative to delete the relationship as suggested in other threads but I can't seem to do so unless there's something I need to toggle in GPO to do so Maybe that it's because GUID or SSID or whatever aren't matching up with regards to the quot new quot shares even though it's technically the same server and server name but that's just my guess The systems are running Windows Enterprise and the Domain is R functional level if that matters Shares were simply recreated Advanced Sharing option and the pre-existing NTFS permissions were simply retained nbsp NTFS permissions for the users home drive has the User Administrators Domain Admins and System with Full control and Creator Owner with special permissions Share permission is full for Authenticated Users Shares though housed in it the same folder are setup as individual shares server username I know I know it's just how things were when I got here I would just love to be able to get these files back for these users They would love it even more than I would haha nbsp Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fd8f04e-4121-4922-b27d-b156919f2791/sync-center-quotsync-pendingquot-on-laptops-after-storage-server-2008-r2-reinstall?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.71%

Okay this one is a doozy We had our storage server OS drive crash on our domain which required a reinstall Luckily the data stores were all there still on a separate RAID so it was just a matter of redoing the shares after the reinstall However we ran into a problem with several laptop users As soon as they plugged into the network today all the work they did during the outage appears to be gone They appear only to have access to the files on the network which laptops Sync after R2 Rebuild Pending" Server - 2008 Center "Sync on Storage of course isn't current As a test I've tried disconnecting them from the local network to check their offline files disabling wireless and unplugging the dock and they appear to lose access to everything as a result now both desktop and files I've attempted a sync in Sync Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Rebuild Center but it simply says quot Sync Pending quot and hangs there When I try to navigate to view my offline files on the system through the Sync Center interface it says quot The system cannot find the file specified quot Out of curiosity I tried Sync Center - "Sync Pending" on laptops after Storage Server 2008 R2 Rebuild manually navigating to Windows CSC and access is denied Even when attempting to take ownership as local admin it still doesn't want to let me in As many of the solutions suggest I know I could delete the cache and format the db and sync fresh from our network but they will lose out on all the changes they've made to their documents over the past week or so They may lose out on a significant amount of work Any ideas on what to do I read about an alternative to delete the relationship as suggested in other threads but I can't seem to do so unless there's something I need to toggle in GPO to do so Maybe that it's because GUID or SSID or whatever aren't matching up with regards to the quot new quot shares even though it's the same server and server name but that's just my guess The systems are running Windows Enterprise and the Domain is R functional level if that matters Shares were simply recreated Advanced Sharing option and the pre-existing NTFS permissions were simply retained nbsp NTFS permissions for the users home drive has the User Administrators Domain Admins and System with Full control and Creator Owner with special permissions Share permission is full for Authenticated Users Shares though housed in it the same folder are setup as individual shares server username I know I know it's just how things were when I got here I would just love to be able to get these files back for these users They would love it even more than I would haha nbsp Any help appreciated Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1fd8f04e-4121-4922-b27d-b156919f2791/sync-center-quotsync-pendingquot-on-laptops-after-storage-server-2008-r2-rebuild?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

Please forgive me if I post at wrong category.

We are using sync center in our environment to sync our home drive to local drive using GPO, however we notice recently sync center partnership automatic create new sync without our notice, and is not configure in any GPO. Is anyone have idea how to trace
where this sync instruction from and how to stop it?

Due to GPO, our sync center option like "Disable offline file" is grey out and unable to use. And the new sync partnership will backup to local drive folder  C:\Windows\CSC and unable to delete it. Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/799713d4-50b1-426f-99a0-a954e174a563/sync-center-sync-issue?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Folks,

I use Bittorrent sync to sync my music folder across two computers. BTSync has managed to screw up, however, so now I need to sync these two folders such that no files are deleted, missing files are populated in the respective computer, and where conflicts occur (i.e. files are not identical), I'll either choose which one to keep, or just the latest version is kept.

In the past I'd probably use xxcopy to do something like this. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...

A:how to sync partially sync'd folders

I use Beyond Compare to keep folders/files in sync, which is a 2-pane wonderfully powerful and wonderfully intuitive and simple to use product that can do anything you want.

You can update-to-left/right, or mirror-to-left-right, or simply compare and decide for yourself what you want to do.

You can also compare files (not just TXT files but other file types as well), with the two files presented in a side-by-side comparison so that you can decide what you want to do.

You can filter the display to show all, differences only, or equals only. You can also filter what gets compared (e.g. if you only want to compare *.FLAC, ignoring *.MP3, you can do that as well).

It's not free, but it does have a free trial. Give it a shot.

I cannot recommend it strongly enough. Been using it forever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/369299-how-sync-partially-syncd-folders.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a sync in my sync center for microsoft sql server 2000 that I can't get removed, i'm not real sure where it came from or how to get it to go away. When I right click on it i have options to open, explore, sync, schedule and properties. Stop sync, view conflicts and view results are grayed out. When I select open it shows the sync partnership details and has one entry where it says "To create a subscription: select this then click properties". Even if I do that the properties window shows up but has nothing that I can edit. I have attached two pics of whats going on. Any way I can get this to go away?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/238318-sync-wont-remove-sync-center.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I will start at the beginning it has been a frustrating couple of days since MSN sync - errors - unable Chapura/Outlook Mobile Sync Outlook/Homtail error I had to reformat my hard drive I reformatted and reinstalled Outlook/Homtail sync error - Chapura/Outlook Sync unable - MSN Mobile errors Windows XP Pro sp I put the Microsoft firewall up to get the MS updates and then I reinstalled Norton I have a bug in my system that seems to be Outlook/Homtail sync error - Chapura/Outlook Sync unable - MSN Mobile errors contained for now that is I reinstalled office XP and then i downloaded the update SP I am not getting an alert that says that something is trying to get access to my Outlook contacts I assume that it is my Hotmail account yes I do have the ability to download I get the alert click quot OK quot four or five times and then Outlook locks up When I reformatted I lost the software Sprint gave me to sync my Samsung i with Outlook When I contacted them they said tough I had to buy more software Frustrated I broke down and bought Chapura Now I am probably so frustrated that I cannot get it started to sync even once Microsoft is now ignoring my requests for help to gain access to MSN mobile through my handheld Does anyone have any infomration on how to get to msn mobile even though mobile msn com does not take me to a personalized homepage to get my information I am an intermediate user so I know my way around a bit I have a hijack this log available as well as a Belarc run Let me know if you need anything to help me with this problem I am just frustrated Thanks nbsp

A:Outlook/Homtail sync error - Chapura/Outlook Sync unable - MSN Mobile errors

Post the Hijack log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-homtail-sync-error-chapura-outlook-sync-unable-msn-mobile-errors.249905/
Relevancy 39.13%

Because I didn't think so, but now it seems maybe they do:

Windows 8.1 .bat file glitched

The only thing I can think of is that this person was using an MS account and had Synced his Settings including File Associations, so that when he did a Fresh Install of Windows 8, and logged in with the MS account, it ruined his File Association. We've tried everything to set the association to default, but maybe the OS is resetting it to what it was when it was Synced.

Anyone concur? Because I never thought File Associations were being synced, if this is the case it would explain a few unsolvable problems that have cropped up lately.

A:Does "Sync Your Settings" also Sync File Associations?

Hello Jon,

Nope. File associations are not synced. At least not on any of my systems.

Sync Your Settings - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32862-does-sync-your-settings-also-sync-file-associations.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I don't understand the 'Sync' system, it's function or it's purpose, however,
is it advisable to set up a Sync Partnership between my Notebook, and
the Maxtor external hard drive that I use?

A:To Sync, or not to Sync - that is the question?

Sync means that you synchronise 2 files in different places. The result is that those 2 files have exactly the same content. A typical application is when you want to sync the calenders on your PC and e.g. on your cell phone. A general setup with an external disk does most likely not make any sense. It will, of course, depend a lot on for what you use the external disk.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/240146-sync-not-sync-question.html
Relevancy 30.96%

right ive got a creative mp player in SYNC 10 WMP zen nano plus gb but when i sync it dosnt sync the way i want it to there are two basic ways to sync u can tell WMP to create a hirachy of files or not to The problem when it creates a hirachy of files it creates folder for every album and SYNC in WMP 10 artist which adds up to way more then the folder limit for the player which means songs dont show up if i dont chose to create a hirachy of files then WMP just dumps them in the root meaning my player is totaly disorganised F - Music - Artist - Album - song Artist - Album - song Album - song - song Artist - Album - song ABOVE Diagramatic view of file structure Heres the question Is it possible to specify the way windows media player syncs can you sync to a directory or is it possible to limmit WMP to only creting folders for artists nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-in-wmp-10.403362/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have an LG VX 8350 phone. I took some pictures and tried to transfer them to my computer. I downloaded the driver after I hooked up the phone to my computer using the USB Cable. The driver downloaded successfully. When I try to find the phone on the computer I don't see it. Shouldn't it show up under My Computer the way that a flash drive or a digital camera would?
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 11
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3028 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) Q35 Express Chipset Family, 4 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152269 MB, Free - 71747 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0GM819
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A:Need Sync Help

Hi Bobby71, and welcome to TSG.

Downloaded drivers typically come as an executable program that needs to be run after they are downloaded to actually install the driver(s) on the computer. In some cases, the computer needs to be restarted in order for the drivers to become active. Did you need to do this with your download?

When you first attach the camera to the computer, do you get any kind of alert sound or a notification on your desktop that a USB device has been connected or found? Does the camera display show anything that says there is a USB connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-sync-help.1127252/
Relevancy 30.96%

right ive got a creative mp player zen nano plus gb but when i sync it dosnt sync the way i want it to there are two basic ways to sync u can WMP 10 sync tell WMP to create a hirachy of files or not to The problem when it creates a hirachy of files it creates folder for every album and artist which adds up to way sync WMP 10 more then the folder limit for the player which means songs dont show up if i dont chose to create a hirachy of files then WMP just dumps them in the root meaning my player is totaly disorganised F - Music - Artist - Album - song sync WMP 10 Artist - Album - song Album - song - song Artist - Album - song ABOVE Diagramatic view of file structure Heres the question Is it possible to specify the way windows media player syncs can you sync to a directory or is it possible to limmit WMP to only creting folders for artists nbsp

A:sync WMP 10

firestormer said:

right ive got a creative mp3 player: zen nano plus 1gb
but when i sync it dosnt sync the way i want it to. there are two basic ways to sync: u can tell WMP 10 to create a hirachy of files or not to. The problem when it creates a hirachy of files it creates folder for every album and artist, which adds up to way more then the folder limit for the player which means songs dont show up. if i dont chose to create a hirachy of files then WMP just dumps them in the root meaning my player is totaly disorganised.

F: - Music - Artist1 - Album1 - song
Artist2 - Album2 - song
Album3 - song
- song
Artist3 - Album4 - song

ABOVE: Diagramatic view of file structure

Heres the question: Is it possible to specify the way windows media player 10 syncs? can you sync to a directory? or is it possible to limmit WMP to only creting folders for artists?Click to expand...

I don't even know what Sync does .. so I'm posting to auto subscribe to this topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-wmp-10.404173/
Relevancy 30.96%

I need assistance please, also couldn't find where to post on OCS forum.
This error is occurring on one user that we know of she has OCS2007

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/54a88f8e-5a69-41b7-89c1-3e4fb9947faa/ocs-sync?forum=windowssteadystate
Relevancy 30.96%

I converted some video files to create a VCD using TMPGEnc. But when I used Nero to actually create the disc, the audio was out of sync. How can I prevent this?

A:Out of Sync

I gave up on TMPGEnc because the files always seem to have audio sync problems. Why not let Nero do the whole job?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/out-of-sync.384349/
Relevancy 30.96%

Sometimes when I go to play Mafia, while the computer is loading the game into the main menu a message box will come up, floating around the screen saying "Out of Sync", at which point I either have to restart, or press ctrl alt del and exit the game. Is this a problem with the game, or video card? As far as I know, this only happens with Mafia.

Relevancy 30.96%

Hi Guys! I am the proud owner of a new laptop running Vista while my desktop has XP. I have installed my software program for family history on to the laptop along with my data files and multimedia for my family tree. What I want to do is be able to enter data into one machine and somehow sync the files on the other one but I have never done this before and don't know where to start. Someone has told me to try SyncBackSE but even if I download a free version how will I know what to do? Is there an idiot's guide to learn about it before I try? I have a 4GB memory stick and an external hard drive and I had thought I could just copy files across but is this too simplistic?

A:how to sync

SyncBack is a good app. You could alway try reading the manual first and their support site and then come back and ask questions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-sync.843418/
Relevancy 30.96%

i'm wanting to export all my music onto another hard drive, not by just clicking and dragging the files though. I've got it all organised in wmp and want to have it in organised in the same way when it's on the other hdd.
So can i export all my music to another hdd?

Relevancy 30.96%
Q: Sync

I hate to ask a dumb question, and I apologize for doing so, but:

What exactly does Sync do? Under Tools, the Sync, Sync all email accounts, and Sync everything. Help doesn't say what sync actually does.

Also, how does one get WLM to check for new messages while you're in the program? I used to be able to do that in OE, but I find nothing similar in WLM.

A:Sync

Hello Arthur,

Sync, short for synchronize, basically has Windows Live Mail check for new messages online for all accounts to update in Windows Live Mail, and to update any changes you made to messages on your computer with any online email accounts (ex: Hotmail) you may have as well.

You can set Windows Live Mail to automatically check for new messages for every how many minutes you specify. Click on Tools, Options, General tab, check the "Check for new messages every" box, type in how many minutes, and click on OK.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/113079-sync.html
Relevancy 30.96%

It does not matter whether I use Firefox, or Google Chrome, everything is out of sync. When I try to watch anything streaming, it is desperately out of sync. I have a game I like to play and it is jerky and extremely slow. I went to about:plugins and that did not work. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem.? Please make it as simple as possible, as I only know how to operate my computer and not fix it. thanks, Karen

A:everything is out of sync

If it's a Flash Player game, when running Flash right click on the player screen and click the Settings entry and make sure 'enable hardware acceleration' is checked.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/everything-is-out-of-sync-660055.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: G-Sync

Whats up guys G-Sync how do i confirm G-Sync that gsync is currently working like ive been having trouble with it in CP i have it set to full screen apps and in global d settings i have screen set to G-sync and V-sync is set to app controlled and off in games from what i read this setup makes it so that if i get frames over my max supported refresh rate of Hz it will shut off which means ill be getting full fps and if it dips below fps it will enable and smooth things out but im still getting screen tearing when below fps and if it goes to about - fps things get choppy i thought that as long as fps is above fps min screen refresh rate it will still be as smooth as or fps can somone explain this and how to properly set it up in my FPS games i like to get as many frames as possible and dont want my fps capped at

A:G-Sync

gsync will run up to your max refresh rate if your fps goes over your refresh rate vsync kicks in , anything over your monitors refresh rate gysnc doesnt work it cant. so your correct in that assumption if your getting screen tearing below your max refrersh gsync isnt working , what monitoir do you have? (the one in your specs isnt gsync) with my monitor the power button has differant colours its red if gsync is on for example , yours may have a similar function. when you plugged your monitor in for first time or installed new drivers were you prompted to set up gsync? also 75hz seems very low for a gsync monitor? is it IPS?

http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/nvidia-g-sync-preview-article,1.html

G-SYNC | Technology | GeForce

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/43802-g-sync.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Is there a MS Windows Syncing Software available? or Do I have to use a 3 party?

In Vista, go to the Control Panel and select Synch Center.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295186-sync.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: sync

Hi All, i burn my movies using convertxtodvd, and i have downloaded the latest codecs (k-lite) but my movies are still out of sync, can somebody out there please help, and maybe point me in the right direction, it's frustrating,the movies are of a high quality (picture wise) but for the out of sync business.

A:sync

Same thing happens to me. I found that if the sync gets very bad then just stop the dvd for a moment, this usually does the trick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sync-247603.html
Relevancy 30.96%

not all the songs in my i tunes library sync to my ipod, what am i doing wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync.746547/
Relevancy 30.96%

I try to use the Mail in WIN10 but get a "Not Synced " Where & how do I do that??? I layman's language plez.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/sync-1056882.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, Whenever i burn a movie to dvd using (convertxtodvd) the sync is way out, ive used k-lite but that only works for media player, what can i use so the sync is ok on my dvd player? I have used the lowest possible settings for burning but still no joy.

Have you tired using the authoring software that came with your camera?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sync-347330.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Is it possible to sync android applications with the personal computer? If yes, than how can we do it?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sync+android+applications+with+the+personal+computer

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/threads/sync.4070095/
Relevancy 30.96%

How can I sync a Treo 755P in Vista 64 bit SP1? Tried Palm no help? Gateway Laptop Desperate!!!

There's no way, Treo doesn't have x64 support. You'll have to install the 32 bit version of Vista I'm afraid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync.759786/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi, my clock/time, date on my xp goes out of sync quite a bit, can anyone help?

It can be your CMOS battery that's failing. Please try this link.
http://computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sync-404366.html
Relevancy 30.96%

HTC SYNC used to work on my laptop with Win 8. Recently upgraded to Win 8.1. Can't get SYNC to work, even if I put it a Win 8 compatibility mode. Any thoughts.

A:Htc sync

After repeated downloads of SYNC, I come to find that there are no drivers, even though my Program list shows the drivers listed. Any know how to get the drivers?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/45515-htc-sync.html
Relevancy 30.96%

when i watch downloads eg bbc i player or even you tube in full screen the picture is jerky and out of sync.Playing in small screen is fine .Any ideas please

many thanks

jason

A:out of sync

Test your Internet Speed at speedtest.net if it's too slow then that would cause this problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/out-of-sync-659163.html
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi I have just installed sync toy to sync a database between 2 machines.

I want to run it on a scheduled task to run the sync whenever i log in. I have set this up and it works to a degree. It seems from googling my problem that if the files changes are to small it will avoid copying them.

It shows in a DOS window for a brief second: Avoided copying files xxxxx bytes.

I need any change to copy across. Is this not possible? Seems that if i am to run the sync manually through the interface then it will find and make the changes.

any help would be great. thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sync-toy-449194.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: SYNC

I have a simple problem and have been looking for a simple solution but to no prevail. I have eight folders with multiple sub folders in each. Lots of MP3's, movies and applications, pictures, ect.... I have been trying to find a automatic sync utility that can copy all of the contents of these folders onto my external drive for a back up. I have tried to use "synctoy" but for some reason it didn't want to set up on my computer. From what I can tell robocopy can only sync one directory at a time and I'm trying to sync 8 folders. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BTY if I could get synctoy to work I would use I just cant get it to run. I have installed the framework 2.0 before installing synctoy and it still did not wan to start up properly.

A:SYNC

Have you tried SyncToy 2.1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/114219-sync.html
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: No sync

NO SYNC IS COMING UP ON MY MONITOR WHEN I START UP
I HAVE CHANGED THE MONITOR BUT I GET THE SAME PROBLEM.
I AM ON LOWEST PIXELS WHICH IS WORKING FINE BUT I CANT USE MY PRINTER. WHAT WOULD BE THE NEXT STEP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sync.826428/
Relevancy 30.96%

Are there any mp3 players that will sync up with Windows media player? I've tried to get my Ipod to sync up, but being an Ipod...*&#%! $*@^!!......

i understand where you're coming from, i can't stand itunes personally

as far as i know anything that will plug straight into your usb port will sync with wmp and players by creative might, but i'm not sure. i expect the microsoft zune players will work with it though. however when windows media player syncs with a mobile device it copies the files straight onto it, it doesn't put them in folders or organize them in any way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sync.87363/
Relevancy 30.96%

OK Fellows, I understand this would be a newbie question..... but just want to make sure I'm getting the best performance possible.

I have an MSI KT3 Ultra 2 mobo, Athlon 2200XP CPU and Kingston 512mb 333DDR memory........ I've read in many reviews that the FSB and ram should be SYNC in order to get best performance of both...... How do I do this?, I'm running at standard bios settings!!!...... and don't know if I should clock down the memory?

If the memory is clocked down to run sync with the cpu, will this lower the system gaming performance????

Thanx in advance!!!!

A:Fsb & Ram Sync?????

If you run the memory at 166, it's faster then the FSB which is at 133. So it won't result in any performance gains, but it won't result in a performance loss either ( contrary to the Nforce 1/2 which performs best when the Ram is in sync with the FSB ).

In other words, it's not a problem, & the extra bandwidth can even be used by other devices that happen to run in DMA mode without bothering the CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fsb-ram-sync.9046/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have looked at syncing extensions in Chrome on the web and get the message that syncing is only necessary when two or more computers are involved.

It does not spell it out bluntly.

Can one of  our experts simply answer this question ?

I  have only one computer and am the only person using it. Do I need to sync anything at all ?

A:Sync or no Sync

I have looked at syncing extensions in Chrome on the web and get the message that syncing is only necessary when two or more computers are involved.

It does not spell it out bluntly.

Can one of  our experts simply answer this question ?

I  have only one computer and am the only person using it. Do I need to sync anything at all ?

Love the avatar username connection LOL!
I am not expert but this option indeed does not need to be used unless more than one computer or Operating system is being used.  It is simply a way of getting all your information "Synched" to your other computers or Operating systems if you have more than one OS on one computer.

Example, I am dual booting Linux with Windows XP.  On linux I am using, for example...Google Chrome.  Now, to get all my settings and favorites over to my Windows XP Google Chrome I need to "Sync" and that is all there is to it.  If you don't understand fire away. 

Sometimes a person wants to have their settings different on different OS's so one would not want to "Sync" as I have learned LOL.  see ya

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550293/sync-or-no-sync/
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: No sync

My monitor has starting saying no sync. It has been fine till recently when i moved it. I thought it may be a lead but i have changed my pixel setting to its lowest setting and it seems to be ok. But now i cant my printer to work etc.
Im not to good with comps. So any easy help would be appreciated. Cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sync.819168/
Relevancy 30.96%

I have recently installed XP Pro with SP after having XP Home for a long time I ve reinstalled WPM and now my Scandisk Sansa e v MP player won t sync It weird - I hear the beeps like the computer found Xp Now And Sp3 Pro Won't Sync Wmp new hardware but nothing appears in My Computer as it usually does The MP player does not show in WMedia Player either Checking Device Manager Xp Pro Sp3 And Now Wmp Won't Sync it is there on a USB port but properties show not working properly that the driver is missing I have a P system GB of memory GB harddrive and a recently installed GB second HD Recent changed Partitioned GB HD giving GB to My Music Rest is data I have a laptop and have moved files synced there to get my project done But I need to find out why the drivers are gone I can seem to find them on the web specific to this model Is this related to the Pro SP install Thanks

A:Xp Pro Sp3 And Now Wmp Won't Sync

Checking Device Manager, it is there on a USB port, but properties show not working properly, that the driver is missing.We need the make and model of the computer, please

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/161437/xp-pro-sp3-and-now-wmp-wont-sync/
Relevancy 30.96%

Its just not working. I have been trying for 3 days to sync my yahoo calendar with outlook on my PC with yahoos intellisync, and I keep getting the old, "cannot connect with yahoo. pls check your ID and password".

Ive checked. Ive massaged. Ive tweaked. Ive cursed. anybody have any ideas on how to make this (supposedly) simple thing work? Ive got outlook 2003. Im basing a whole organizational system on this one process...Help!

thanks!

did you look at this page

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/72359/sync/
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: no sync

Hello
Computer was working fine yesterday but when i tried to boot it up this mourning all i can get is a box that says:

NO PRESET
H+ 31.43 HZ

This video card is real old its a ati radeon 7200 i think i bought it back in 1999. I took it (video card) out and put it back in (no joy) , anyway do you folks think it is the video card or could something else be wrong causing the no sync deal? Its not the monitor i have tried it on three more diff. computers.
Thanks Much
harley

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sync.599962/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have just installed an Active Directory on Windows Server 2008. Whenever I try to manage a computer that I havae listed on the Active directory is just says errors like access is denied and isn't responding. I am making sure that the computer is turned on as I do this process. Can anybody please help me?

A:Account Sync

Have you verified the machine has all the correct domain accounts on it? Have you verified the DNS resolution is working properly? Also what kind of clients are these? I know windows 2000 had a registry setting you had to enable before you could remote manage. This also bit some XP users if they did upgrade installs instead of fresh installs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/account-sync.815471/
Relevancy 30.53%

My company currently runs 3 servers that all have the same Folders and Files. We run Citrix MetaFrame on NT Terminal Server 4. 95 percent of the company is connected via WYSE Win-Term thin clients. All 3 servers run in the same domain. What I am looking to do is set it up so when we (I/S Department) loads a file to one server, it automatically copies it to the other 2 servers. This would save us time and effort because currently we have to copy files 3 different times! It would be great to not have to do that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 30.53%

In Control Panel, this item--Sync Center, is to sync files between computer and network folders. I opened it and I was told I have no sync partnership and sync activity. And there is zero explanation what this whole thing is.

What is it. And what are network folders? (I Binged it and it got worse...there are several blogs on what to do with them but no explanation what they are.)

A:Sync Center

Hello Pappi,

See all of the Offline Files tutorials at the Tutorial index below to help get more information about this. Afterwards, please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Windows 7 - Tutorial Index

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/319244-sync-center.html
Relevancy 30.53%

l HAD A CLIE THAT CRUSHED. MY NEW PALM E2 WILL NOT HOT SYNC THE MEMOS AND ADDRESSES. PLEASE HELP

A:Sync Problem

Open active sync or which ever sync software
you are using and check the settings.
You may have to set it up for the new device.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sync-problem-80906.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I was changing my screen resolution on my computer by right clicking on the desktop and then clicking settings and changing the screen resolution to higher. After i did this and clicked apply. i got a message that says "sync out of range". i tried to restart my computer and this message pops up and i cant do anything about it. i need help. ( this problem was on my other computer)

A:sync. out of range

Hi, and welcome to TSF. Try getting into safe mode at start up. (F-8) From the safe mode, you should be able to get to the device manager, there you can remove the monitor from the devices list. When you reboot, windows should detect it as new hardware, and make the settings accordingly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sync-out-of-range-82382.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hope every one is doing fine , just a small issue all our computers on the network have different time i want to sync the tiem on all the computers same as the domain controller time .HELP

A:Time Sync

Are the time services running on those machines? The workstations should automatically sync with the domain controller unless there is another time source specified.

Maybe this discussion will help:

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/sync-windows-time-domain/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/time-sync.651357/
Relevancy 30.53%

I downloaded Itune and also downloaded some songs on my Ipod and now I want to download some more songs and cannot get the them to download, I click on file and the sync Ipod is greyed out, what can I do to correct that?

lily4312

A:Ipod sync

is the ipod connected
have you disconnected the ipod since it was last sync ed ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ipod-sync.666899/
Relevancy 30.53%

How can I stop window popping up when I try to send email in live mail which says..."When you send an e-mail message, it will be placed in your ?Outbox? folder ready to be sent the next time you choose the sync command"

My thanks in advance.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/241926-sync-email.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello
One week ago it seemed that any video including youtube and online videos got that lip out of sync issue. It is also in any video i play in media player classic or vlc.
My laptop is a dell inspiron N5010 with intel core i5 M480 @2.67 GHz
the video driver is a radeon 1Ghz HD5650
the sound driver is iDT HD
i tried to reinstall windows professional 7 x64, update drivers and nothing changes.
Please help as the problem is very annoying.
Thanks

A:audio is out of sync

Have you tried posting the problem on the Dell Laptop hardware forum? May be a known problem and they have a fix.

Laptop General Hardware Forum - Laptop General Hardware Forum - Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/248026-audio-out-sync.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I have a Vista 64-bit on the domain but it is not synchying with any of the DCs. The clock is off by 5 minutes. Any help to troubleshoot this would be apprecaited.

Zeke

A:Time Sync

I don't know what is causing the clock problem but in the past some people have solved clock error problems this way:

Open a new User Account, see if the problem exists in the new account. If not, you can move to the new account and delete the old one.

Ardneh

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/240597-time-sync.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi,

I am on windows seven ultimate x64 and I am looking for sync folder software.

I did try to use SyncToy 2.1 but after an system crash while replication files, I am looking for good replication software.

The idea is to get an external usb drive updated with all data stored on my pc.

I am thinking of ROBOCOPY but I don't know if this will work on SEVEN 64 or even good tips to use it if it can work of course.

I am looking for robust and free software. Thanks.

Thanks in advanced for your help and comment.

A:Sync software

How about Windows Live Mesh 2011

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/130906-sync-software.html
Relevancy 30.53%

when i play my movies on my dvd player they are nearly always out of sync, i downloaded k-lite but that doesn't seem to work, does k-lite sync automatically or have i got to do it through k-lite, if so how? thanks in advance.

A:movies out of sync

A couple of questions:
Are the movies commercial DVD's?
Are they burnt copies of commercial movies compressed to fit a 4.7GB DVD?
are they downloaded, compressed movies?
Are they video footage you have shot yourself?
K-Lite in itself is not video software - it is a pack of codecs that enable your computer to play videos compressed with various codecs that you may not normally have on your computer.
You could try Virtual Dub a freeware compression/editing tool.
Open your movie in VirtualDub go to the "video" menu and then to "frame rate" click on the "change so video and audio durations match" button (check first to see if the two figures are different - the one in brackets after "no change" and the one in brackets after the "change so video and audio durations match" button).
Often when decoding and recoding videos the frame rates no longer match because you get some dropped frames during the process.
If you have dedicated video editing software such as Vegas, Premiere or something similar (not low end programs like Windows Movie Maker) you can split the audio and video streams and manually align them and stretch them to fit - lots of fiddling though.
Hope this helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/movies-out-of-sync-321784.html
Relevancy 30.53%

My computer is off most of the time, so the date & time are never right unless I remember to sync them with an outside source. Is there some way to re-sync at power on, or to prompt for re-sync at start up?

A:Time Sync @ Pwr On

According to my notes on the subject, run regedit and navigate to:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\TimeProviders\NtpClient

and change the value of SpecialPollInterval to 15180 to change the frequency of updates to once each day.

That might help since the default frequency is once a week.

You might also look at a program called About Time from arachnoid dot com. Best I recall it not only updates at interval, which you set, but it will also update when you log in.

One or the other should help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/133908-time-sync-pwr.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have used a desktop & tablet for many years. The last several years I have used easy2sync for outlook & easy2sync for files to keep outlook & all my major files (6 GB) in sync on both these computers. I have just purchased a second tablet & now need to sync 3 computers. The easy2sync program claims to be able to accomplish this but wondering if a ftp sync program might be a better choice. Has anyone used such a program or have any other suggestions? Thanks

A:sync 3 computers

I use Beyond Compare, it's worked well for me for a few years.

For synchronizing folders and even whole data drives, Beyond Compare

For synchronizing backup folders, SyncToy, available free from Microsoft.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-3-computers.631365/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have Windows 7 running Windows Media Player 12 & an 8 Gig SD card.

The PC recognises the SD card and I can play music from it through the PC. About a month ago I transferred music from WMP to the card having synced the two together. I am trying to transfer music again to the same SD card but it will not transfer despite there being 1.9Gb of space free. (even one track will not transfer)

I have tried syncing them together again using Set Up Sync but I get a message stating that they "will not sync right now" with a suggestion to "retry later". Trying later several times gives the same response.

Not quite sure what is going on here. I have trawled the net looking for answers but have got nowhere.

Anyone got any ideas on this one?

A:SD Card Will Not Sync With PC

Just to be sure, might you have accidently moved the "write protection" switch on the SD card?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501151/sd-card-will-not-sync-with-pc/
Relevancy 30.53%

I installed Windows XP SP3 "small" version (200+MB). Following that installation whenever I try to sync my iPod, iTunes opens and immediately goes into "not responding" mode until I disconnect the iPod at which point iTunes immediately resumes "running" mode. The iPod shows up in Device Manager as an "Apple iPod" under Disk Drives, and as a "USB Mass Storage Device" under the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. It does not show up in Disk Management or in Windows Explorer. My other USB devices seem to be functioning normally. The iPod functions normally in standalone mode. I've since done a system restore to roll back the "small" SP3 and I've installed the 550+MB version in its place. That seems to have corrected all the problems that began with the original XP SP3 installation except the iPod recognition/sync problem. Suggestions? Thoughts? Thanks.

A:iPod not seen/Won't Sync

It seems there is a small bug involving the ipod and Windows XP SP3 small version. You could google it and see if anybody else had the same problem. You could also report it to MS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ipod-not-seen-wont-sync-255026.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey

Is it possible to sync libraries between 2 pc's across a network?
Both pc's are running Windows 7 Professional, and both are in the same HomeGroup

What i would like to do is sync my music collection between my netbook and my main pc, so the files in my music library on 1 pc are copied to the music library on the other.

I've tried playing around with sync center but the offline files doesn't store them where i want them to and i seem to only be able to access them through the sync center.

Also tried robocopy and such but haven't had much luck with that either

Are there any other alternatives? Or am i missing something?

Thanks

A:Sync Libraries between 2 pc's

If you have to have the files physically on both pc's, Libraries will not help you, you need Briefcase or Synctoy. Sync using Briefcase

Download Synctoy 2.0 from Microsoft and use it to sync the folders where the music is actually stored, don't try to sync the Librarys, you will have to run Synctoy manually it won't automatically update the other computer when there are changes like Briefcase will.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/33538-sync-libraries-between-2-pcs.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Can someone please tell me what I might be doing wrong? Trying to sync my PC (Home Premium) with my Laptop (Ultimate) and it works fine from the PC to the Laptop but not the other way around. I'm using Allway Sync, tried Synctoy2 and the problem was the same. Networking works fine, both user account have full "EVERYONE" and "NETWORK" permissions, "System is the owner; I'm really at a loss here.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/207522-sync-problem.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Spent half the day trying to figure out why Center Sync I don't have anything in Sync Center in Vista HP and now I stumble across an old post here which informs me it's not to be had on HP I fail to understand why this feature is part of the installed programs when it's not available in Home Premium what a waste of time Tried Sync Toy to keep some personal files up to date between my PC Home Premium and Laptop Sync Center Ultimate but I don't seem to be able to make that work right either used quot Contacts quot for a try and files get updated from my Laptop unto the PC but not the other way around using quot synchronize quot Switched left and right sides for either machine same result I can't even use Briefcase which I got set up on an external HD connected to my PC because the personal files are under a different user name on the Laptop At least for me Vista has become an absolute nightmare

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/206903-sync-center.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi this is my first post in this forum I made a video with my webcam sometime ago with sound included But when I play the file the out sync Videofile =( of video doens't play all I hear is the sound When I scroll to the end of the file I see the video moving as if it's fast forwarding My computer specs are fine to play the file my last pc had Videofile out of sync =( the same problem with the file The file is mb I get this problem in every media player I've played it on Windows media player latest version and older ones VLC Realplayer The file is minutes long I was wondering if there is some sort of program that can fix this I have another problem I can't right click in Internet explorer It's not the mouse I've tried different ones and I can right click in Mozilla Firefox I have the latest version of Internet explorer I really hope someone can help me with this especially the first problem

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/videofile-out-of-sync-86897.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a question regarding sync files between my desktop and notebook, and using other devices.
I have been using SyncToy for quite a while, with fairly good results. Sometimes though I seem to get edits (deletions and overwrites) that I really do not want. Is there a better solution for syncing large amounts of files?
I am starting to try out using SkyDrive, but I?m not totally comfortable with putting sensitive documents online, also I often use my notebook without any internet access and I would like to be able to have a local copy available.
Optimally I would like to be able to have a master drive that both desktop and notebook sync their local versions to. I believe this is possible, but I am not sure how to set it up through windows.
What kind of options are there for doing this?

A:Sync Toy vs SkyDrive

Depending on your versions of Windows 7, the OS can do this natively for you. On your PC, set up a shared folder that you can access from your laptop when connected to the network. Then, on your laptop, right-click the shared folder and select "always available offline".

See here for more info: Offline Files - Enable or Disable the Use Of

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276659-sync-toy-vs-skydrive.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I have copied some files from one computer to the briefcase on another computer. Is there something in briefcase where I can schedule the syncronization every night. By the way both computers have win2000

thanx

A:briefcase sync

http://www.winplanet.com/winplanet/tutorials/1074/2/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/briefcase-sync.175987/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have two laptop both running windows xp.
one is wireless and the other is a bit older and does not have this feature.
I would like to know what is the best method to sync the files on both laptops so i have an identical copy on both. IE: documents etc.

Thanks in advance

Darren

A:how can I sync two laptops?

Please do not post duplicate threads for the same topic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-sync-two-laptops.590277/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi, everyone, I'm back for more advice! I run the geneology programme Family Historian on my XP desktop and have just loaded it to my windows 7 laptop. How can I sync the two, so that data entered on my desktop computer also shows in the laptop family tree?
I often visit my daughter and would like to work on the family tree on my laptop but I don't want to have to double enter the data each time I update my family tree.

Cheers OllyAnna

A:Sync a programme

For your application using the sync toy might be best although there are other ways to sync your files with Windows 7.

http://www.windows7news.com/2009/12/...using-synctoy/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/119649-sync-programme.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm trying to burn what used to be an .avi file and now .IFO and .BUP files using Nero Express (burning image to a dvd). However, there seems to be an audio sync issue with a couple of my files, and the only option I have to adjust the audio is an audio delay option for IFOEDIT. The problem is not that the audio is ahead of video, it's the video going from 2 to 4 seconds ahead of audio (and needles to say, audio delay would only worsen the situation). It's 2 seconds for one file and 4 seconds for some others. Is there a program that allows me to speed up the audio to catch up with the video? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-sync.328189/
Relevancy 30.53%

Having some hassles with active sync 3.8 I eventually syncronised sucessfully on the weekend after reinstalling AC 3.8 and setting up a new partnership with my phone (imate c-500) This morning, it will sync my calender but not contacts?

Reinstalled AC 3.8 and set up new partnership again this morning.... didn't help.

Any ideas

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/active-sync.325563/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a Tungsten handheld. I use it with my home computer, which is Mac OSX. I started a new job and want to use it with my work computer too. My work computer is a PC running on Windows XP. Is this OK? If I sync at home and at work, will anything get screwed up? Or do I have to pick one machine to use? Any advice? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-my-tungsten-on-mac-and-pc.321854/
Relevancy 30.53%

My clock is mentally retarted. Every day it ends up about 10 mins slow and needs to be synced with the internet time. This annoys me and id like a program to do it for me. Does anyone know of a good program to keep your clock in line?

Thanks

Relevancy 30.53%

Trying to help my father Sync Hot ? Problems out with this one but as yet no joy okay he has a Palm zire s PDA has been using it in conjunction with his pda via the Hot Sync function but just recently upon trying to use the hot sync software he would find that although the programme would open up quot start sync process a few seconds later it would hang at quot syncronsing media quot he tried reinstalling the hot sync software but same problem every Hot Sync Problems ? time had a look for him last night to see if I could figure out what was going wrong but unfortunately not really any further forward what I was getting thou was a message saying quot com not available at present quot strange thing is that the only options within the set up menu off the hot sync programme shows a choice off com or com so not sure where this com comes in lastly the only thing he had added to the pc since last using this hot sync programme is a Belkin ADSL wirless router tried unplugging this thinking it may be the cause but was still getting the same problem could it still be a setting that the router is using that is preventing the pda hot sync working dont want to muck up any settings as his wirless router is working fine but feel sure that this could very well be the very problem just wonder what anyone else here thinks any simplified instructions on just what I need to do would be greatly appreciatted bit off a novice on this side off things cheers

A:Hot Sync Problems ?

Anyone any ideas ??!!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/98944/hot-sync-problems/
Relevancy 30.53%

I have a desk top and a lap top and an external 300GB drive. some times i work on files that are store on my desk top then I back them up on my external.

Is there a program that can sync only the sub folders I worked on instead of having to back up the main folder every time?

Relevancy 30.53%

some of my avi files are out of sync.the audio is well ahead of the video,which moves very slow.i tried to fix it with virtul dub,but i didnt have the skills or knowledge to work it correctly.does anyone know of any software that might possibly help?thanks

A:avi files out of sync

What's the processor speed? For divx or xvid, you need 450Mhz
What's the framerate of the video? In VirtDub look under "video" "framerate".
What's are the video information? post here everything you see under "file" "file information"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-files-out-of-sync.203102/
Relevancy 30.53%

So I just got off the phone with my dad, and he's been struggling mightily with his 2 home PCs (both notebooks) regarding file synchronization between the 2.

A while back, I told him to give BitTorrent Sync a try (quite popular), but he's been noticing that a small portion of his files were not synchronizing correctly (they are on the same folder where other files were syncing properly, so what gives?), so he's having a lot of issues with that right now.

So I had to ask eightforums.com about this, what's the best way to sync files between two PCs connected to the same network? and please, no cloud solutions.

Thanks!.

A:Best way to sync files between 2 PCs?

Same network, drag and drop between the folders. I personally do not like it, due to there is a chance of failure. Your father really needs a NAS, to save stuff on, if he is going to be working at two different computers.

My brother set up on his server rack space that he rents. A Owncloud server, that we all use to store data offsite to. Makes it easy for me to grab something out of my folder on my iPhone, when I need to send say a pdf by my myfax account, or need to pull it up to look at something.

I do store stuff like system backups on my personal NAS on my network. But everything is automatic to the family cloud share.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52402-best-way-sync-files-between-2-pcs.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I need to Sync .pst files that have minor daily changes between my computer and an external hard drive to be used on my Surface when I travel. I tried using Sync Toy, but it doesn't recognize the subtle changes. What do you recommend? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb29d960-196b-48f9-bfbc-0a3e898fa453/sync-pst-files?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 30.53%

I have all my folders and files on a separate hard drive from C Drive as I had to have it reformatted once and don't want to lose my stuff.
It is a 160 partitioned into 4.
I found a way to back my stuff, by creating briefcases on my external drive and adding some of my folders .
Then once or twice a week syncing them.
But if I create a new folder to a drive i forget to add it also to the briefcase

Is it possible to sync a whole drive to My Briefcase, so it finds any new folders too?

Relevancy 30.53%

I have a laptop I have (up to this point) used for 100% of my computing. I am opening an office, and will have a desktop permanantly located at that office for work. What is the best way (if there is one) for me to keep both computers as close to the same at all times with as close to indentical info updated on each. Both are Windows 7. Laptop is Professional and desktop is Home Premium. I can put Pro on the desktop if necessary. No wireless connections are allowed at that office.

Thanks,

Bill

A:Sync question.

I assume you want to keep your user files in sync. For that I would go the simple and safe route. Put the user folders on a 2.5" USB powered disk and "Include" the folders into the libraries of both systems. Then when you switch systems, just take the little disk along.

For system files, program updates and system settings there is no obvious scheme anyhow.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/153355-sync-question.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys i Over ?? Sync Range got a Sync Over Range ?? strange Problem when i boot my pc after the Windows XP logo the welcome screen and everything after that was displayed in colours and i could only choose x resolution I installed the new graphics driver Geforce MMX but during installing my screen went black I rebootet and the boot Sync Over Range ?? went normal until the quot Welcome quot - screen at that point my monitor dislpayed quot Sync Over Range quot for some seconds and then went blank However i got my speakers on and heard Sync Over Range ?? the sound when the desktop promts I have Civilizaition on a hotkey I pressed it with my screen still black and with Civilization starting my monitor displayes the game However as soon as i end Civ the monitor goes black again with the quot Sync Over Range quot message Any Ideas i changed NOTHING on the hardware i tried a System Restore and i reistalled the graphic drivers no success nbsp

A:Sync Over Range ??

Any Ideas?Click to expand...

Yup!!! The graphics card is trying to run the monitor at too high a frequency.
When booting up press F8 repeatedly to get the Boot options screen.
Choose VGA mode(it will be 640x480 but that is intentional at this point) At the desktop, right click on the desktop and select properties. You will get the Display Properties panel. Click Settings, then advanced, then Adapter. It will either give you a list of modes or there is a button that says List All Modes. You need to change the Mode to 800x600 @60Hz (the 60Hz is the important bit). Save the settings and back out - it may say they won't work until you restart. Restart normally and go back into the same place. Change the screen size first to the one you want @60hz. It will test it and ask if you want to keep it. Then change the frequency upwards, testing each one until it fails. The last good one is the one you want.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sync-over-range.414258/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi All,

Hoping people might have ideas on how I can resolve this issue?

Every day my PC loses sync with the time and day, it tends to set the date a few days back and the clock at seemingly a completely random time.

Everytime it happens I go to resync it, some services work and some don't. But within a few hours its completely wrong again.

I have checked for Malware and found none (MalwareBytes, Spybot, Defender).

Only thing I can think is the CMOS battery, but I only rebuilt the PC with a new MOBO and battery last year (November 2013) and they normally last many years.

Do you have any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Thanks! Tom

A:Clock Keeps Going out of Sync

You might verify that you have correctly set the Region and Time Zone in the Control Panel and that you are synced to the Internet Time.

You may also have a bad CMOS battery even though it is relativity new.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58949-clock-keeps-going-out-sync.html
Relevancy 30.53%

New recent behavior... every time I insert a USB stick, I get a box from Media Player that wants to search my computer for files (image attached). I don't want to do any of this, but I can't figure out the setting in WMP or Vist to turn this stupid function off...

I work in a school here and see dozens of different USB keys daily, so this is a real annoyance. Can anyone tell me how to stop this dialog from coming up?

TIA, --ch

A:WMP wants to sync with all my USB keys...

Try keeping WMP closed for now.

I'll research your problem and give you a better solution.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/220625-wmp-wants-sync-all-my-usb-keys.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Any1 know about the software easy sync? When i double click it and click on syronchise it pop out a window dialog saying "please click the hotsync button on your palm OS device." But i dont have the cradle to click the button. Another user did not encounter this problem. He click synorchise and it auto syronchise for him. Any1 know how to solve it?

Relevancy 30.53%

Recently, my organisation has built a new science centre and to keep up with the money spending, each new machine (HP DC8100) we installed had Windows 7 on it (Every other machine we have is XP SP3).

The problem we have is this. On the new Windows 7 machines, when a person logs on in the office and makes a change to their documents, the changes do not appear when they log into a Windows 7 machine in one of the laboratories. This is not happening anywhere else on the site, and it only does it between Windows 7 machines.

We recently applied SP1 and each machines has all the updates installed.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks, John.

A:Windows 7 Sync

Do you have any networks or servers set up to save the actual files?

It sounds like you are having some networking issue so when you save files, it is saving it to the individual computer hard drive instead of the server. Check the default save location if you have a server set up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-sync-554653.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey guys gals Here is my problem My PC was working fine till I added a sound card Once I installed the sound Input sync No card and turn on my PC I m getting quot No sync Input quot message So i figure the cable wasnt connected properly so I checked it out and it was hooked up firmly Turn on PC again still getting the same message So I took off the sound card and still getting the same message I tried another monitor and now i get a blank screen different type of monitor I figure it might be the video card So I took another card No sync Input I had and put it in and still get the same messge I tried both card on another PC one is AGP and other is PCI and both works fine on the same monitor Now I m stump I m thinking but hoping its not my MB I tried to get a post sound of my MB but I notice my case doesnt have a speaker I tried it anyways and I dont get any sound If it is the MB what why would adding a sound card mess up my MB Any help would be great guys Thanx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sync-input.442207/
Relevancy 30.53%

I've noticed Sync Center rules have been setup by itself I believe this is to have a local copy of Sync Center my files from my network in case I don't have network access Is Sync Center this correct How does Win decide which files to sync Are they the folders I add to my quot Libraries quot Since it syncs files from a server that's always on and not just a network drive that may not be on all Sync Center the time is there any reason why I cannot turn off this feature If not how Also I use Sync Toy and Task Scheduler to copy local files to my server every night for backup reasons How is Sync Center different than Sync Toy Would Sync Center be a better option for this task I clicked on quot Set up new sync partnerships quot but got the message that quot There are no new sync partnerships that can be set up on this computer quot Is this because my server is a Windows Home Server box Is this also why the syncs that were setup automatically quot files from my Library quot received error messages stating that it could not connect Sorry for all the questions I appreciate any help Jamie

A:Sync Center

Hello Jamie,

Sync Center is used to manage your Offline Files from your network. The ability to use Offline Files is enabled by default in Windows 7, but can be disabled. If you wanted to have offline files, then you would have to manually make the network files or folders available offline first since there are none available by default. The tutorials below can help give you more details and information on this though.Offline Files - Enable or Disable the Use Of
Offline Files - Encrypt or Unencrypt
Offline Files - Manage Disk Space Usage
Offline Files Status - View and Change
Offline Files - View All
I have not used Sync Toy, so I'm not sure how it compares with using Sync Center and Offline Files in Windows 7. It seems to do a great job for me with my WHS server though. You might give it a try to see how you like it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51500-sync-center.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Does anyone know how to sync iPAQ2495 with Vista and Outlook 2007?

A:iPAQ sync

Hi dancer and welcome to Vista forums!

Did you install Windows Mobile Device Center ?
Windows Mobile Device Center for Windows Vista ?Windows Mobile

http://www.vistax64.com/software/169053-ipaq-sync.html
Relevancy 30.53%

I'm having a problem where my Treo 700 isn't even recognized as a device in Sync Center. I hear it connect, and it even see's the devices for storage and media, but doesn't see the device itself to be able to sync. Anyone have a work-around? No support form Microsoft, Verizon, or Palm. Everyone points to Sync Center being the solution, but how can that be I if it DOESN'T FIND IT?!

I've also tried other devices, and they aren't being recognized either (Motorola Q; iRiver... don't get me started on Zune).

http://www.vistax64.com/software/151633-sync-center.html
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello Good People,
Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works.

First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets deleted on my PC, does that file get deleted from the cloud?

And is the One Drive folder in Users on my PC really an actual folder on my C:\users, or is one of these "smart" folders that is where?

Grateful for any help.
Regards
Doug

A:OneDrive Sync

Originally Posted by doug4901

Hello Good People,
Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works.

First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets deleted on my PC, does that file get deleted from the cloud?

And is the One Drive folder in Users on my PC really an actual folder on my C:\users, or is one of these "smart" folders that is where?

Grateful for any help.
Regards
Doug

This "how-to" may help even though it mentions Win8/8.1:
OneDrive How-to

Also see this information, it impacted my decision on some storage issues:
Microsoft to Discontinue Unlimited OneDrive Storage

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/34858-onedrive-sync.html