Windows Support Forum

Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Q: Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

After starting my Windows laptop if I go to the Control Panel Network and Internet View Network Computers and Devices a device is listed that is not on my network It is listed as either a Ralink wireless client Model RT U or a full ariel Model KFARWI and if I right click on the device and view the properties the Model Name and MAC Address are shown I checked the Device Manager and it was not listed in the Device Manager Also my router did not show it as an attached device I have Win laptop a Win laptop an iphone android phone ipad WD NAS and HP wireless printer connected to a Netgear AC wireless router with MAC address filtering enabled When I log into the router I have never seen either device mentioned above listed on the router list of attached devices nor do any of the devices I have on my network have the MAC address listed for either device After a short period of time the device disappears I have set up my network as a private network My concerns are Are the devices a security issue and can they access my network How come my computer detects them The devices do not list either a work group or a network location so am I correct in assuming the devices are not connecting through my router Is there anything I can do to prevent it from being detected

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unknown Network Device in CP\View Network Computers, Dev.

Do you have a Kindle?  This (KFARWI) looks to be an Amazon Android device - of which the Kindle is the most common device (IMO).
Search Google for Amazon KFARWI

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579758/unknown-network-device-in-cpview-network-computers-dev/
Relevancy 108.79%

Hi there I recently contacted the company that makes the Network Attached Storage device Cannot the device computers network NAS my view other or on I have synology DS but they were unable to assist me with my issue as quoted quot I would love to provide help with this issue but our support policy we cannot offer such support since we only support our NAS devices only Your issues falls into category of issues with windows quot So the issue with my network is this nbsp I have a barebones PC Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network running on windows and Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network a Network Attached storage device both of which are Cannot view other computers or my NAS device on the network connected to one another via ehternet and also to my router directly via ethernet I also have an Asus laptop and a Macbook pro which are all connected via wireless nbsp Before we moved house recently the network was working fine and I was able to view all computers from all computers on the network - This includes being able to view the NAS from my windows computer barebones Now that I moved I am not able to view any computers on the network However just this evening I completed a fix by clicking the box quot Enable NetBIOS Over TCP IP nbsp quot and I nbsp can now view the other computers on the network - but I still can't see my NAS device which is troubling The following items have either been checked or tried gt Network discovery is turned on gt I turned off the firewall and restarted the PC barebones - no fix gt Synology mentioned it may have something to do with DNS - not really sure where to start with those settings gt I am successfully connected to my network and have internet access on all computers gt I can access my NAS via wifi online server but this will not do I need to beable to see it as a networked drive Thanks in advance for your support regarding this matter nbsp Tony

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/579f708f-b0f4-496d-9316-f10ebbf70d03/cannot-view-other-computers-or-my-nas-device-on-the-network?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 89.44%

Dear all - ok I am a forum virgin so go easy on me. We have a 10 pc'c 6 of which run XP Pro two of which run Win7 and two run Win 8.1. I have set us all up as a workgroup with homegroup disabled on the two win8 pc's. I have set profiles on the win7 and win8 all to have shared file on, discover devices on and in the advanced sharing set up all setting are share file on/password off etc. All is fine except one of the win8 pc's simply will not show any of the other pc's within the workgroup other than the other win8 pc. I have trudged and trudged to see if I can find a solution without success. Any help or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

A:unable to view xp computers in network view on 8.1 pc

Have you tried setting up a different user profile on the Windows 8 machine with the problem?

Try setting up a standard account on the problem machine then see if can see the other machines. This will tell if you the current user profile is corrupted.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/45562-unable-view-xp-computers-network-view-8-1-pc.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I finally got windows all setup on this computer but I cannot view my other computer through the network I was trying to setup a homegroup but it's not recognized So I decided that sharing files and folders was enough for me but I can't view either computer from the other To make this next part a bit easier to read I will call the computers compA and compB Whats really confusing me is I can view computers on different network I took both computers and connected to another network where I was able to view the computer on that network which is running vista The vista computer was able to view and communicate with both compA and compB compA and compB could obviously view and communicate with the vista computer but could not see each other I started thinking that it was a router issue but I checked other view network Cannot computers on everything I could think of to no avail I have also searched this forum and completed every step in this Ultimate Troubleshooting Guide for Windows HomeGroup Connection Issues Still no joy I don't know if this helps but I have an Xbox on the network as well The Xbox can use files videos and music from compA but cannot see compB Maybe this indicates a problem with compB Can anyone think of something that I missing BTW both compA and compB are running Win bit

A:Cannot view other computers on network

I Feel like I'm taking a Microsoft cert with this question LOL .

Make sure that both computer A and Computer B have Client for Microsoft Netwroks & File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks.
Click Start orb, type in ncpa.cpl Press Enter.

Navigate to your current connection and Right click and choose properties.

Verify that Client for Microsoft Netwroks & File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks. have checkmarks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274979-cannot-view-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 88.15%

hi

i have windows 7 on both machines, where i am so far away from my router i have an alfa wirless adapter hooked in to it and i bridged the conections with my lan and hooked up a new router, everything works fine like the internet but when i try and view files on the network i cant see the computers hooked on the new network and they cant see me eather. help

A:cant view other computers on network

So both your machines connect to the same router or you are using one computer as a relay to your router by having 2 networks on it, if so are these both wireless or is one wired.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/198587-cant-view-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I want to view all computers in my network. If I click "view workgroup computers", I can view only computers in my workgroup. There are more computers with different workgroup name in the network. I would like to view them as well. Is it possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-view-computers-in-different-workgroup-in-the-same-network.979397/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi, this question is for a friend of mine at work. She has 2 different computers at her home.One is a Desktop that has Vista and the other is a Laptop that has Win-7. They are both on a router and the Laptop is wireless.

She said originally someone had it setup to where if she was on the desktop, she could see the drives on the laptop and visa-versa but not she unable to do this. She dis say there are 3 different profiles setup on them, one for her, her daughter and her husband.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great...thanks so much...

A:How to view drives on 2 different computers on same network?

What changed? Did she reinstall or change workgroups, etc?

To find computers on the network, network discovery must be turned ON. To access files, etc you must select what files and or folders you want to share.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-view-drives-on-2-different-computers-on-same-network.1050061/
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi all..

Good morning..

here i hav a small problem..

i have a network printer connected to an XP system..
the printer software is installed only in this system and was used by all the users in the network..

it was working fine for last 4 months..

now suddenly its stops working..

when i checked the network.. i cant see this XP computer frm other computers..

now when i searched for other computers from this XP computer in My Network Places, nothing is visible other than current system..

but when i tried to ping other computers, its working..
also when i run \\computername from run also working..
when i typed the command net view in cmd, it shows only the current system.

pls help me to solve this..

thanks in advance..

A:Cannot view computers in My Network Places

Hello,

Do you know when this problem occured? You could try using System Restore to try restoring to a date before the problem occured..

Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - System Restore

Regards,
George

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-view-computers-in-my-network-places-518239.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I cant view network computers via wireless in windows xp.

its my work computer and i need to connect to the printer is anybody can help me asap i would gladly appreciate it...thank you in advanced...

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\bodyshop2>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : bodyshop2
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : launchmodem.com

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethe
rnet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-02-3F-D8-C9-4A

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : launchmodem.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Wireless-B Notebook Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-0F-66-06-6A-C8
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.104
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Monday, June 18, 2007 9:16:37 AM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, June 20, 2007 9:16:37 AM

Relevancy 87.29%

Dear All I have stumbled on a strange issue on my home in network view foreign computers pc The short story is I can see other computers in my network view which is not suppose to be there ImageShack - Online Photo and Video Hosting It looks like this on imageshack Only one of these pc's is mine Before you jump to conclusions i want to share what I did so far i'm an IT professional coder and has been so for years System Windows Ultimate bit MS security essentials is running - nothing comes up I cant ping foreign computers in network view these other pc's nslookup cant resolve them Clicking them produces an error The network path was not found Windows Firewall is on I tried Sysinternals tcpview - nothing suspicious going on - no connections to the names Only mac adresses i know is connected to my router I cant see any of these quot pc-ghosts quot in attached devices Wireless security is quot on quot I have as far as I know never been connected to these computers Tried purging arp cahce Tried nbtstat -R Tried changing home network name Any ideas how to find out what is going on Where does explorer get this information from to display a network icon Googling this quot phenomenon quot show many people have had are having this experience but in no forums I have seen a solution All the best Bike Skeeto

A:foreign computers in network view

Could you post a screen shot of the window you are seeing these ghost PCs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/156399-foreign-computers-network-view.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Can anyone help me Please I had try everything I can but still Can't view My computers Places others in Network not working - Windows Firewall is disabled - I can ping the other computers IP addresses but I Can't view others computers in My Network Places cannot ping their names - Enable NetBIOS over TCP IP is on now as well - Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults type netsh int ip reset reset log - Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults type netsh winsock reset catalog Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt NBTSTAT -n Local Area Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id No names in cache Wireless Network Connection Node IpAddress Scope Id NetBIOS Local Name Table Name Type Status --------------------------------------------- HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered Can't view others computers in My Network Places HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered WORKGROUP lt gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt E gt GROUP Registered WORKGROUP lt D gt UNIQUE Registered MSBROWSE lt gt GROUP Registered HP lt gt UNIQUE Registered ADMINISTRATOR lt gt UNIQUE Registered C Documents and Settings Administrator gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address C- - Can't view others computers in My Network Places D- E-EB- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description USB Wireless LAN Card Physical Address C - A- -CA-B - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday November AM Lease Expires Thursday December AM nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hi there, I have 1 laptop and 1 Desktop PC connected to my wireless network, using a adapter for the desktop. I cannot see my desktop for example if i go to "network" on my laptop. the only computer there is my laptop, but not my desktop. I have enabled sharing etc...and tried going to the individual folders and enabling them for sharing. No luck. Would appreciate any help at all.

Relevancy 86%

I have 2 computers (2 desktops, both desktops have a wireless connection to the internet via a Netgear router and USB adapters). Both computers have the same workgroup name and all use Windows XP Home SP2. Both computers connect to the internet fine, however,I can open a file or folder from workgroup computer PC 2 from PC 1, but when I try to access a folder on PC1 from PC 2 I get an error message states that the file is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. The network path was not found. Also, when I try to view workgroup computers from either PC I see only the comptuter I am searching from.

Other information that might be useful: Windows Firewalls are on, AVG Internet Security is installed and running on one and McAfee Security is running on the other one. I can ping each one to the othe fine. All permissions are properly set for sharing.

A:Cannot view workgroup computers via Wireless Network?

Can you ping both ways by computer name? Have you disabled all firewalls to see if this is a firewall issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-view-workgroup-computers-via-wireless-network.614697/
Relevancy 86%

Hey guys well I'm trying to set up the best network possible.... I use the Linksys WRTG. And I have 2 wired computers, and 2 wireless computers. But everyonce in a while I have problems, and don't know what to do... or how to fix them. Right now I can see the folder for my other wired connection, but I can't access it and I can't see the computer in the "View networked computers", so I guess that folder is there just because windows has seen it before, but not now.

I'm thinking about just restarting my network again, anyone have a good guide or anyhting?

Relevancy 86%

I have done a search already on this topic but none of the suggestions in those threads helped with my issue First off I have a small office network going on at my firm We have workstations all computers network to Unable Solved: view with the same specs running Windows Solved: Unable to view network computers XP Professional Service Pack We are using a D-Link DIR- router Two machines connect via wireless using n usb adapters and the third machine connects via CAT We have a NAS drive and a Dell Multifunction printer connected to the network as well I am able to set up file and printer sharing on the network as long as I map each device using pcname sharename I am able to ping each device from all of the computers I have disabled all firewalls on all of the machines using windows firewall and McAfee My issue is I am unable to view any of the workgroup computers I get an access error stating that my workgroup is not accessible etc I am trying to implement Acronis to do back ups of each of the workstations using my machine as the administrative machine I can use our Anyplace Control software to access all the computers but unable to access the machines via My Network Places Any help you can provide would be tremendous Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 86%

Hello.

Today I noticed something strange.I checked the network and I had 3 other computers which I couldn't connect.And when I refreshed the page at network screen,my computer froze and had to restart.So now everything seems possible but,I have a wireless modem which has it's wireless turned off.So it is pretty much a one port cable modem.Computers had unique names but none that I could recognize.

I have Zone Alarm firewall along with NOD32 for protection and as for browsing and such I also use firefox extensions to stop scripts and such.So my question is how can I prevent this from happening again?I also appear to have my Users folder completely shared without me knowing about it which is disabled now.

I also would like to monitor the data transfer to every byte.Is there a software that can provide this?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-computers-in-network-499983.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Usually I use the arp -a command to view all computers connected to the LAN network, however sometime the arp -a can't miss to discover 1 or 2 computer but the rest of group of computers is discoverable by arp -a.
Is there anyway to view all LAN network computers with built-in tools from windows OS?

A:How to view all computers connected to LAN network without 3rd party software?

Apart from the command that you are using, the only other way that you will be able to see all devices on your LAN is if you are in the same workgroup as the devices and if they have something that can be accessed by you (Share). To view all available shares go to command prompt and type the following command exactly:

Code:
net view
This should bring up a list of devices that can be accessed by your machine.

A similar viewing can be seen in networking and sharing center

Note
I am currently using Windows 7 however please be assured that the steps are the same

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/300613-how-view-all-computers-connected-lan-network-without-3rd-party-software.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all,

I hope this is the right forum for this.

That said, I am running Vista with a wireless interner connection.

When I check my "Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection" (Trend Micro PC-cillin), I see multiple unknown computers connected to my computer.

The "status" in unknown, but IP addresses are listed.

Looking up the IP addresses, some are within a few hours of my home, while others are over six hours away!

Now, when I check my "network" from the start menu, and then check "network and sharing center", I only see:

My computer---Network---Internet.

I do not see multiple computers here.

I have file sharing turned off.

I use the wireless internet for online gaming; maybe this why I see so many IP addresses on the "Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection"?

I use a WPA 26 Hex character password for the router.

Thanks in advance!

A:Unknown computers connected to your network

You need to check your router log. That'll tell you if your intruder is on the network... but I doubt hey are.

Sounds like you were scanned and the program reports it weird. As you wouldn't see a unique ip as a wireless attack. Theyre Probably pings from your isp.

Though I'm alittle confused on your setup.... Is it a desktop/laptop connecting to a wifi router? Or through a mobile wireless signal like a smartphone.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287184-unknown-computers-connected-your-network.html
Relevancy 85.14%

The other day I noticed two unknown computers and a few Media Devices associated with those computers were on my network Of course I immediately logged into my router changed the network SSID and security key and even blocked the MAC addresses of the Media Devices I couldn t find the MAC addresses for the computers That seemed to solve the problem However this morning I noticed that the computers and Media Devices are back And what s really confusing is that they seem to follow me regardless of Solved: Computers Network on Unknown the network Solved: Unknown Computers on Network I m on I m on my work network across town and they re still connected This makes me think that it s something on Solved: Unknown Computers on Network my machine and not on the network I scanned for malware and deleted everything that I found but that didn t get rid of the machines Any ideas on Solved: Unknown Computers on Network what they could be I have a couple virtual machines on my machine but I have VirtualBox and VMWare turned off so I m pretty sure it can t be those not to mention the names aren t the same I m running Windows Home Premium if it helps nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

For over a week now we ve been having trouble with our internet connection Everything would be working just fine until we connected Network are Computers my Unknown re suddenly booted offline or our internet gets weak and slow I can t think of any reason for this to happen as even when both my computer and my parents computers are running at the same time they ve never conflicted with eachother But recently my mother and sister have been noticing two other names on our network Carter and Edgar We have no idea who either of these people are but they keep appearing and might be stealing our signal My sister even says that she s been noticing people stopping infront of our house for a brief moment possibly connecting to us with their wireless Unknown Computers are connected my Network devices I don t know anything about our network or connection as my parents have been doing all of this themselves and they re not Unknown Computers are connected my Network exactly computer experts But we have a wireless router a D-Link and if it helps any the protection on this computer is Kapersky Anti-Virus My parents computer the one I m using right now is running on Windows whereas mine is running on Vista Our computers are only about - feet away from eachother as this one is in the hallway and mine is in my bedroom directly beside it We don t use XBox Live or anything like that but my dad does have an iPhone that he goes online with quite frequently and his connection gets booted off at the same time as ours as all three devices computers run on the same home wireless network We would really appreciate any advice or help on the matter as our connection frequently gets messed-up and we can go offline anywhere from minutes to an hour or longer And I would hate to find out that these people are using our connection for things that could get us into a lot of trouble and we don t know how to stop it Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Unknown Computers are connected my Network

Hi NiGHTS, and welcome to TSG.

Do your parents have any kind of encryption enabled on the wireless router? If not, their wireless network is fully accessible to any one in range that wants to use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-computers-are-connected-my-network.943483/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello all,

My computer is located in my basement, with my video game system (Xbox 360) is located on the floor above it.

I use a wireless connection to play the 360 over Live...

I just checked my Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection, and I have several unknown computers connected to my network.

I checked the IP addresses...one address is in my small town, a few about an hour away, and one address is from several states over.

I looked at my Network and Sharing Center...I only have my PC connected to "gateway", which is then connected to the Internet. My file sharing is turned off, and I appear to be operating on a private network.

Should I be concerned about any of this?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 84.28%

Hi I found network... computers my two Found in secured unknown two unknown computers on my network using Explorer I have a wireless setup at home private with a desktop wired two laptops and a phone wireless The encryption is WPA TKP with a hard to guess password The two unknown computers were connected this morning and a few minutes after I Found two unknown computers in my secured network... tried to access them and do some checks they dissapeard -- could they have been watching me I didn t check the router page until then and of course they weren t there Also yesterday I was at a coffee place so could it be that this is nothing and those two computers are from people at the cafe Is there anything I can do to make sure nobody can access my network unless it s the computers I want I haven t manually set up a home network yet Here s more infor if that helps Thanks -------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows Versi n Copyright c Microsoft Corporation Reservados todos los derechos C Users Claudia-Lappy gt ipconfig all Configuraci n IP de Windows Nombre de host ClaudiaLappy Sufijo DNS principal Tipo de nodo h brido Enrutamiento IP habilitado no Proxy WINS habilitado no Lista de b squeda de sufijos DNS domain name Adaptador de Ethernet Conexi n de rea local Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n TAP-Win Adapter V Direcci n f sica -FF- - B- D-A DHCP habilitado s Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de Ethernet Conexi n de rea local Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Et hernet Controller NDIS Direcci n f sica B - -F - - C- F DHCP habilitado s Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de LAN inal mbrica Conexi n de red inal mbrica Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n domain name Descripci n Adaptador de red Broadcom n Direcci n f sica - -F - - D-D DHCP habilitado s Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s V nculo direcci n IPv local fe fa d b a f f Preferido Direcci n IPv Preferido M scara de subred Concesi n obtenida martes de diciembre de a m La concesi n expira mi rcoles de diciembre de a m Puerta de enlace predeterminada Servidor DHCP IAID DHCPv DUID de cliente DHCPv - - - - -CF- C-B -B - -F - - C- F Servidores DNS NetBIOS sobre TCP IP habilitado Adaptador de t nel isatap domain name Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n domain name Descripci n Adaptador ISATAP de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Direcci n IPv e b fe b e Pre ferido V nculo direcci n IPv local fe b fe b e Preferido Puerta de enlace predeterminada NetBIOS sobre TCP IP deshabilitado Adaptador de t nel isatap B DA - - CA -AB C- AA DA Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador ISATAP de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s Adaptador de t nel isatap AEBE -CDFE- C - E- C A B Estado de los medios medios desconectados Sufijo DNS espec fico para la conexi n Descripci n Adaptador ISATAP de Microsoft Direcci n f sica - - - - - - -E DHCP habilitado no Configuraci n autom tica habilitada s nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

That's what the message from my firewall software says when it does its Wi-Fi Intrusion Detection scans. I finds a dozen or more every time, and it recommends I find out what they are and designate them as acceptable or not. How?

I'm new to wireless. What are these computers attached to my network?

A:Solved: Unknown computers connected to my network

from what you say ,you haven't secured your wireless access point set up ,leaving your systeme open to anyone

what is thermake / model of your system?

have a read here why it's happening

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,844020,00.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-unknown-computers-connected-to-my-network.533994/
Relevancy 84.28%

Did a quick search but could not find an answer...
Earlier this week, my wife found four unknown computers in the local network located in my network places.
We have a broadband internet connection but there is no router and there should not be any other computers linked to mine. The computers we found are all labeled "ShareDocs" and the a computer name like "blank family computer". My questions are...

How did this happen (my broadband company or possibly a file sharing program?)
How much risk am i at
How do i stop this and prevent this from happening again.

I'm running XP home w/ SP 2. I am using zonealarm for a firewall and have very strict settings.

Thanks for taking a look,
Jeremy

A:Found Unknown Computers In My Network Places

Hi lenrokWe have a broadband internet connection but there is no router How are you connecting?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/77584/found-unknown-computers-in-my-network-places/
Relevancy 81.7%

Curious. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the HomeGroup feature in Win 7. When I select the option to view "Network Computers and Devices," I notice an unknown router? How/ why would a router that isn't part of my homegroup be listed as a device on the group?

Please help and advise!

M8

A:Unknown Network Device

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

You did not specify if this computer is a desktop or laptop computer.

If you could also post the make and model number of this computer that would also be helpful.

How are you connecting to the Internet? Are you using an Ethernet cable, or wireless?

If you have a laptop, there is a chance someone connected to the Internet by connecting through a wireless router and those settings were saved to the home group.

Once you post back the information I requested, it will be a little easier to answer your questions.

Thanks in advance.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346570/unknown-network-device/
Relevancy 81.7%

i have windows 7 ultimate, and when i go to the network area to see the other two computers i have at home that are in the same workgroup i see a device in the network infrastructure area that says DGN2000, i have no clue what it is (actually i searched google for DGN2000 and the results said something about a router with builtin dsl modem, but i don't have that, i have a belkin wireless router hooked into my speedstream 4100 for my SBC (now att) internet) so the question is WTF is that?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-network-device.918999/
Relevancy 81.7%

Since i got sky broadband it's always been running super slow, the amount of times i have called them is ridiculous.
So i have just been looking around on the sky address to see if i can fix it and in my Attached devices i have, the pc, an ipod touch and an unknown device. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the slow speeds and maybe it's somehow 'stealing' my broadband.
I've read a previous post of the same type but that wasnt for sky.
i ran the ipconfig/all into CMD so if you think you might be able to help ill show the results.
Thanks, Dan

A:Unknown device in my Network: please help!!

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Are you using encryption on your wireless access point? If not, you should be, preferably WPA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-device-in-my-network-please-help.975684/
Relevancy 80.84%

First of all hello people, now to my problem .

On my network i have an unknown device, i am using a thomson speed touch router and he detects it as shown below.

I tried removing it from the admin panel but it keeps comming back. Can someone tell me what that is and should i worry about that, thanks in advance.

Relevancy 80.84%

I recently upgraded to the BT Home hub, which after reading several forum posts about it was a bad decision.

I have now installed this and connected my PC (via USB) and XBOX360 (via ethernet) to the Home hub, l and although I have to wait for my line to be optimized, everything seems to be working well.

However, when I check on y network status, using the BT Broadband Desktop help utility, it shows I have an UNKNOWN DEVICE connected to the router along side my PC and XBOX360.

I have tried to obtain assistance from BT themselves but they simply told me to ignore the unknown device, as it will not cause any harm!!!!

Does anyone know how I might find out what this is or remove it from my network?

Thanks.

Relevancy 79.98%

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen A friend Network Installs as Unknown Device Adapter from work brought his computer to my attention because in the past I ve been able to help a few other coworkers However this gentleman is running WIndows XP Media Center edition His Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device label states that there is an internal card of WM abg This computer is a Gateway I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device know I know mx Here s what I ve been able to find so far The network card worked at some point Whether he messed with the settings and screwed something up or whatever that has changed I checked the device manager and found that both the ethernet port and the wireless were installed to unknown devices I surfed over to driver support on gateway for his model of computer I tried to update the drivers with no success I then uninstalled the original drivers restarted the computer and found that windows would try to install the driver on its own unsuccessfully every time I knew at that point windows had to be finding its own drivers somewhere on the computer and if they weren t working I needed to stop this behavior I cleared the temp files cleared the obvious cabs from previous misintallations and then manually deleted the drivers related to the network card and restarted At that point I was able to install the gateway drivers however the same behavior occurs where the network card continues to fall into unknown drivers Now I figured this morning maybe some of the unknown drivers that aren t network-related need to be installed properly in order for the network card to be functional I m losing ideas and I d hate to waste a weekend going through needless steps I ve read up on this issue and it appears that this card does have some issues installing For the records as well I Network Adapter Installs as Unknown Device have installed using the intel drivers from the intel website and that has not worked either Any ideas I ve thought about updating his service pack to three reinstalling windows etc but there s no reason this network card should not be working if it was part of the original installation on the laptop Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated I ve attached a screenshot of what I see in the device manager as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-installs-as-unknown-device.729826/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello,

Just now I got a notice of a new unknown device connecting to my network. I have not seen the device name before, and have no idea what is going on. When I try to look up this device, it says Windows can't access name. When I try to find more details, it says "The network path was not found." It's currently 6am in the US so I doubt someone has gained access to my network unless they're morning intruders.

I don't really understand what is going on. I've never seen this notice before.

Edit: Upon viewing my network again, this device no longer shows.

A:New/unknown device connected to network - cannot access

You should be able to see it on the router and see if it's connected via wireless or cable note your normal Mac address now so you can identify it.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/124107-new-unknown-device-connected-network-cannot-access.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I cannot currently get online through wifi or an eithernet cable. In my device manager one iteam is listed as an 'unknown device' and I believe it may be my network driver. Also I get a driver error when trying to connect to my wifi, but I am able to see my wifi and connect to it with my phone. I'm assuming I'll need some sort of driver download, but being as my older phone is the only way I can get in the internet right now it's been hard tracking down what I need. I own a NV57H20u laptop. If someone could link the download for me that would great. Or let me know what I should do instead. Also I've already ran the computer in safe mode with networking and AVG as well as Malwarebytes without any luck.

A:Network driver is listed as 'unknown device'

On the unknown device in Device Manager, right click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware ID's in the dropdown box. Please copy and paste the first line in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552827/network-driver-is-listed-as-unknown-device/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello Forum,

I have a Inspirion 1150
Broadcom 440x10/100 network controller.

This is my problem:
In Device Manager,
I have 1 installed network controller that is running properly, but I have 1 that has a yellow ? with a !.
This is what it says:

Network Controller, in properties it shows the Manufacturer as "Unknown," and the Driver status says, "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

I have tried to un-install controller, it comes back.

What do I do with this "Generic" controller that has no name, I dont know what driver to look for because I dont know what it is.

Please Help...
RICK...

Relevancy 79.55%

I ll try to keep Adapter separate on manager Network no device in longer computers! two showing this short with as much info as possible A couple days ago I was sitting by my computer I wasnt actually doing anything it Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers! was just on when my internet dropped There was a thunderstorm outside so i thought maybe the router lost power and I went to reset it Everything was still on but I reset anyway Still no internet I went to the network amp sharing but it was saying there is no connection I went to the device manager and there was no network adapter in the list nothing I thought maybe it was the wire at first so i plugged it into my laptop and it worked instantly Obviously its a problem with my computer I then called GIGABYTE support mobo brand and he had me go into BIOS and I had n a where my mac address should be He said that was causing the problem and I would need to get a warranty claim or install a third party network card I salvaged an old old netowrk adapter from a hewlett packard pavilion intel pentium iii and it connected instantly Everything seemed fine until i went to log into League of Legends I kept getting an error stating quot did not receive response from server quot My friend told me to try opening internet explorer then logging in Somehow that magically worked and we have no idea why So everything seemed fixed Fast forward to yesterday my dads computer does the same thing and says there no internet connection I check device manager and no network adapter shows up on the list like the network adapter tree isnt even there I didnt have another card and was too lazy to put the one in my computer to see if that worked but I am inclined to believe that this cant just be coincidence can it What would do this to two separate computers on the same network My mom and brothers laptops connect fine wirelessly and are okay when i use an ethernet cable any ideas as to what is going on here I am afraid more computers will encounter this problem Your help is appreciated and I thank you in advance nbsp

A:Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers!

What would do this to two separate computers on the same network?Click to expand...

Two things come immediately to mind: coincidence, or defective router (some kind of electrical problem in the ethernet switch).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-no-longer-showing-in-device-manager-on-two-separate-computers.1101782/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all- In the last week I have noticed that a mystery phone has been listed in my network devices list It was quite clearly not mine I immediately recorded its MAC address and tried with no luck to get windows to tell me more My Asus router did not list network appearing device in list phones Unknown the Unknown phones appearing in network device list MAC address as connected to my home wifi Googling revealed no useful Unknown phones appearing in network device list info I did not have a password on my login stoopid so I applied Unknown phones appearing in network device list one and rebooted Today I noticed a similar phone unknown to me listed in my laptop network device list Again it is quote clearly not mine MacAddressLookup org did not have a listing for the MAC address this time Windows was unable to give me the serial number IP address or phone number in either event A fresh full scan with a fully updated Avast found nothing Spybot S amp D is now running Needless to say I am concerned I don't know if this is some hack attempt or malware Could this be just a couple of random phones trying to connect to anything they see This seems to be just my laptop I have no evidence to suggest my router was accessed Thank you for any help amp insights anyone can provide Cheers- Oli Links to images of network devices list amp windows properties of the unknown phones Samsung amp Xiaomi Windows My laptop connects to my home network via wifi Bluetooth is disabled No LAN connection is present My ASUS router AC U reports no devices attached to my network that I don't recognise Phone SAMSUNG MOBILE MAC b a f Phone Manufacturer Xiaomi MAC df dd a

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547885/unknown-phones-appearing-in-network-device-list/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46985-network-devices-listed-under-unknown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network screen I have a home network with laptops and desktop The desktop I use as a quot file server quot in that all work done on the laptops is stored to the to Explorer Unable network computers Windows in see scree home Network desktop The desktop computer name is HAL One laptop is fine and sees the network The other just stopped seeing it rebooted the laptop rebooted HAL did a number of refreshes without any luck I opened EXCEL and found a worksheet that was listed that I knew was saved Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree on HAL Was able to open the file and when I tried the SAVE AS I could navigate through all of HAL just as normal Went to Windows Explorer and still no HAL listed as a COMPUTER on the NETWORK I have a internet connection so I know I am making it to the router at least And when I check NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER it shows an active home network Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree The laptop is running Windows Home Premium Service Pack Build Thanks in advance for any help George

A:Unable to see home network computers in Windows Explorer Network scree

Still working on the problem. Tried to do a system restore back to the point where everything was working. Still no HAL showing as a network computer; Excel now does not recognize the path that worked yesterday. But now I am able to create a shortcut that will take me to HAL on the network. Guess this is a good enough fix for right now. When I go to Windows Explorer, Network it still only shows the 2 laptops and not HAL......WHY????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/229783-unable-see-home-network-computers-windows-explorer-network-scree.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am about to return this brand new computer running Vista since it won t connect to my exiting computers on my wireless network It will however connect to the wireless netork to get out to the internet Here is what I have Brand new computer runnig Vista home premium Wireless netwrok external netgear ma network tomy connecting on but computers other not vista wireless network connection that can vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network see the internet I am using it now It can see a windows computer as well as my laptop running Windows Xp but when I try to connect to those computers it gives me an error message I googled this problem and disabled my vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network firewalls I created same user accounts on all with same passords I also tried same user accounts with no password neither works Any suggestion before I return this i relaly want to make Vista work since it at last looks different I like new interface - makes my life more interesting - I know VERY SAD Any suggestions nbsp

A:vista connecting tomy wireless network but not other computers on network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-connecting-tomy-wireless-network-but-not-other-computers-on-network.631622/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have created an ad hoc wireless network by the name quot Trial quot and created a network key as quot letstry quot Now I am trying to login to this network from other computer which is in the same room at ft distance This ad hoc network appears files in to network copying ad ad network computers connecting from hoc hoc and in the list of available networks When I connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network try to connecting to ad hoc network and copying files from computers in ad hoc network login it asks for the network key I provided network key and then confirmed it now when I click connect instead of getting connected to first computer I am getting pop up window mwssage In the title bar of the pop window it says quot Wireless configuration quot In the message it reads quot The network password needs to be bits or bits depending on your network configuration This can be entered as or ascii characters or or hexadecimal characters quot Then I changed network key to quot letstry quot i e exactly ascii characters and now I am able to connect to the ad hboc wireless network of first computer Does it mean that network key has to bne exactly or ascii characters and nothing else than that If not then quot letstry quot network key has ascii characters between and ascii characters then why am I getting this kind of message But now I can not browse files of fisrt computer from second computer or vice versa When I am connnected to ad hoic network and open network and sharing center I see only one link quot My computer - gt internet quot which is broken Usually the link diagram is shown as quot My computer - gt Network - gt internet quot When I am connected to ad hoc network quot network quot part from the diagram is missing If there is quot network quot part in the diagram may be I can browse computers in the network and see other computer But since I can not see other computer this way how can I connect to other computer Whats the way to browse other connected computers in the ad hoc network How do I copy files from one computer to other When I click on computer I can not see the files or folders of other computer Please guide me how to copy files

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connecting-to-ad-hoc-network-and-copying-files-from-computers-in-ad-hoc-network-479434.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Help! I'm looking for a network tool to monitor network users, sort of an MRTG, that will graph bandwidth use (packets in, packets out) for each client machine. However, I also want to see where the packets are coming and going. The tool I'm looking for should allow me to retrieve the logs or graphs remotely.

Thanks for anyone who can help.

A:Network Monitoring Tool to view how clients use the network

try Ethereal
http://www.ethereal.com/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-monitoring-tool-to-view-how-clients-use-the-network.30401/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi there, I use Wireless internet for both my pc and laptop, and connect through my BT Homehub. But whenever I open the wireless connections tab, it always shows a Talk Talk Wireless option along with the BT one which I use (and sometimes a 3rd connection that is unknown to me).
I think my network is secure, as I have to put a network key in before it will connect to the internet on the PC, but when I connect to the internet on the laptop no key is required, (so unsure a bit now) but I just wanted to make sure that the Talk Talk connection and the other one that is showing, is not somebody who can see all of the files on either my pc or laptop.
Just wanted some advice really, to make sure I dont have anybody viewing my files etc. Thank you in advance.

Relevancy 72.67%

I ran through the Network Wizard again, and put in the address of my desktop computer and voila!, the icon came back. I'm not a tech wizard by any means, and didn't know what the address of my desktop computer looked like, but I found some hints online and tried them. Thanks for the help guys.

A:Resolved: Network Places - Can't see one of the computers on My Network

No need to post a new thread to tell us this, just respond in the original thread. Also, you can mark the thread solved using the thread tools at the top of the page.

Here's your original thread: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/667123-network-places-can-t-see.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-network-places-cant-see-one-of-the-computers-on-my-network.667264/
Relevancy 72.67%

Preface I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows to windows I also have a desktop that is still running windows One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop The laptop connects wirelessly and the desktop is wired Today however I could not get my laptop to see my desktop on the network It is connected to in Other network showing; computers not shows old instead. network the network I am receiving internet just fine When I first click the network tab in the navigation pane it does not list any section for any computers Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead. So I tell it to refresh and after a moment it now displays three computers all of which were ones I would see on the network from a house I no longer live in Now as it just so happens one of those computers is my desktop as I had it back then but when I try to access it it just gives me the spinning wheel for a while and then just says it can't access it If I click quot diagnose quot it doesn't find anything that's wrong This is pretty much the same result I get form trying to connect to one of the computers from my old house I haven't changed any settings and I was indeed able to connect to that computer at this house just a week or so ago Not sure what the problem is but I haven't tried much other than resetting the computer I'm open to suggestions

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62461-other-computers-network-not-showing-shows-old-network-instead.html
Relevancy 72.24%

As the topic says, I'm having an issue where a computer on a network cannot see the other computer on the network.  It is able to connect to the internet, and I double-checked based on earlier threads and the network discovery IS ON.  This computer
is able to create a Homegroup and the other computer on the network is able to see the shared folders when it joins the homegroup, but I cannot create a homegroup on the
other computer and have this computer see it to join it.  The other computer sees this computer in Windows Explorer under Network, but as far as the problem computer is concerned, it is the only computer on the network.
Despite this, when I open up the Network Map, it shows both computers, the router, and the modem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6789f7fd-6dc6-4b5f-b997-32480bd340c0/windows-7-cannot-see-other-win7-computers-on-network-other-win7-computers-on-network-can-see-this?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi:

When I click on the wireless icon in the taskbar it shows connected to my home network and an unknown public network. However, in the network sharing center it shows both networks connected to the same SSID which I find strange. How do I get rid of the public unknown network? Also in windows explorer when I expand the 'Network' list it lists my own PC name on the network and also under media devices. Could these be the source of the public unknown network? Although my wireless is working fine,
this thing just bugs the hell out of me .

Thanks in advance.

A:Network Connection Shows Unknown Public Network

Quote: Originally Posted by seven15heaven

Hi:

When I click on the wireless icon in the taskbar it shows connected to my home network and an unknown public network. However, in the network sharing center it shows both networks connected to the same SSID which I find strange. How do I get rid of the public unknown network? Also in windows explorer when I expand the 'Network' list it lists my own PC name on the network and also under media devices. Could these be the source of the public unknown network? Although my wireless is working fine,
this thing just bugs the hell out of me .

Thanks in advance.

I think a picture of the problem might help because I'm not completely sure about this.

It sounds like you may have inadvertently set up a wireless guest network when you set up your router.

Sometimes this is automatic on certain routers but there should be a way to disable it from the routers set up page.

Since they are both using the same SSID I'm assuming this guest network is set up outside the regular network so as to keep anyone connecting from accessing your data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304925-network-connection-shows-unknown-public-network.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all,
My friend gave me her USB device in tears because after an improper eject, it is now unrecognizable by any of the PCs she connected it to.

The error in the device manager (in WinXP) is "Unknown Device" and that's what popped up after I first plugged it into my PC.
I've tried disabling, uninstalling, updating drivers - the typical slew.... is there any chance it, or the data salvageable?

I haven't tried it on my CentOS system yet -
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 70.95%

Does anyone know a fix for this common problem:

My PC's (running XP Pro SP3) mapped network drives say "Unknown Network Device" but they work just fine.

Is there a way to get windows to like them as the normal "Network Device".

I ran across these other posts with people with the same problem, but didn't see any sure-fire fix listed:

http://tinyurl.com/c4zmbr

http://tinyurl.com/d6dxq4

Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-network-device-but-mapped-drive-does-work-362019.html
Relevancy 70.95%

This is a question for information about why my networking problem finally was resolved I have four PC s on my network one Windows and three Windows XP The Windows PC always sees all three of the other computers However the Windows XP computers sometimes don t see the other XP computers when I press My Network Places Quite by accident I discovered that "View when Network Places" Why "My does Workgroup Computers" doesn't? work if I press View Workgroup Computers then ALL the other PC s in the network DO show up Furthermore if I click through quot View Workgroup Computers quot and access edit a file on one of the other computers then this computer will ALSO show up in My Network Places This behavior seems to be quite consistent and works every time I have tried it Apparently this is a workaround to the long vexing problem of why Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? my networked PC s sometimes don t show up under My Network Places My question why does View Workgroup Computers apparently always show all the networked PC s when My Network Places does so only intermittently or sometimes not at all Thanks for Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't? any response Why does "View Workgroup Computers" work when "My Network Places" doesn't?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/why-does-view-workgroup-computers-work-when-my-network-places-doesnt-487868.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hallo i have a problem with my network card in my laptop. I have acer 7730g. So i connect cable in ethernet card with my router and light blinks fine but no network connection shows in Network Adapters. So here is the pictures in Device Manager:

http://i.imgur.com/GP4VLvl.jpg?1

Probably is Bridge 8280 in PCI ? I dont know . Something must to change but i dont know what.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/386081-network-device-pci-not-detect-windows-network-adapter.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Was working about a week ago, now "my network places" is blank. I can ping all other netwrk computers by ip and name. I ran network setup, no change. Work group is the same. Tried turning off Windows firewall, no change. Also using MSE. Nothing has changed as far as I know on this computer.

Thanks for the help.

Relevancy 69.66%

Running Windows XP Home Service Pack It seems that what I m trying to do should be simple Yet I ve literally been trying to do it for over a year I stumbled upon this forum so maybe you can make my dreams come true and actually give me a shared network angels singing Keep refusing Home Network computers Windows show Places" network to XP "My in mind I once Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers had a shared network and everything was fine Then one day it mysteriously stopped and hasn t run since even after hundreds literally of attempts to set it up again For the moment all I want to do is have my computer we ll call this computer quot Sony Laptop quot appear in its own quot My Network Places quot window - not concerned with Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers the other networked computer at the moment I have tried quot Set up a home or small office network quot and quot set up a wireless network for a home or small office quot dozens of times chosen every single combination possible completed them restarted but quot Sony Laptop quot still never appears in quot My Network Places quot I cannot for the life of me understand it If that s all the info you need please respond If you want more observations read below FRY S DESKTOP Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via ethernet SONY LAPTOP is connected to BELKIN ROUTER via wireless -- ethernet ----- FRY S DESKTOP BELKIN ROUTER --wireless -------SONY LAPTOP I can receive wireless internet with the SONY LAPTOP through the BELKIN ROUTER I can ping FRY S DESKTOP from SONY LAPTOP I cannot ping SONY LAPTOP from FRY S DESKTOP I tried pinging SONY LAPTOP through both the wireless IP address and a connected ethernet cable Local Area Connection IP address connected through the BELKIN ROUTER Neither worked Some things I ve encountered When I explore the network gt My Network Places gt Entire Network gt Microsoft Windows Network I get a funny message quot Unable to Browse the Network - The Network is not present or not started - For more information click Help quot Of course in classic Windows style when I click quot Help quot the window hangs and never goes anywhere kind of ironic - don t you think It s called quot Windows quot and can t function within a window I was told by some others that I should check the quot Services quot and more specifically Workstation Server TCP IP Netbios helper Computer Browser Now of those four two of them had not been started Workstation and Computer Browser I tried starting these double click them and up will pop a window that allows you to start but each of them came up with an error message Here are those two error messages Computer Browser quot Could not start the Computer Browser service on Local computer Error The dependency service or group failed to start quot Workstation quot Could not start the Workstation Service on Local Computer Error The specified module could not be found quot If anybody knows anything about these errors and how to fix them let mek now So that s it That s my experience so far As you can see I m neck deep in it and nothing would make me happier than finally figuring it out after months Chris nbsp

A:Windows XP Home "My Network Places" refusing to show network computers

You need to look at the dependency list for each service. In the case of Computer Browser, it's Workstation and Server.

Since Workstation is failing, that's probably the place to start.

Do you have WKSSVC.DLL in C:\Windows\system32? That's the workstation service, and it appears to be the missing module. I'd first try copying that from the installation disk, if it's missing, and then register it too by:

Start, Run, regsvr32 wkssvc.dll

If you can't find the DLL, you can run sfc /scannow to restore missing files.

A shortcut may be to download the file from DLL Dump and register it as described above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-my-network-places-refusing-to-show-network-computers.536504/
Relevancy 69.66%

I am running a peer-to-peer LAN Vanish from Wizard" Network Install Network Using Places Printer Computers My "HP of Win XP Pro SP boxes Over of them in a particular workgroup All static IP addresses All machines have File and Print Sharing set up and Windows Firewall turned off I have used quot HP Install Network Printer Wizard quot to install a couple of HP s Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places and Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places a HP d printer each of which have JetDirect N cards installed But my problem isn t with the installation and use of the printers In fact this software works fine and everyone prints happily Here s the catch all machines using HP Install Network Printer Wizard mysteriously disappear from My Network Places no matter what machine I use to look at My Network Places after minutes If I reboot one of them it s back for about minutes then gone Now they re pingable and in fact you can find them using the Search button But they re not visible and to my staff this is a major obstacle I have boxes without the HP wizard and they re visible on My Network Places Using a couple different boxes as guinea pigs I can affirm that deleting the printers uninstalling HP Install Network Printer Wizard and eliminating references to it in the registry does not reverse the situation and fix the problem Ugh I can also affirm that disabling our Kaspersky Anti-Virus does not solve the quot vanishing quot problem A call to HP Support and subsequent discussion with their reps yielded no help although they did get a good chuckle out of it nbsp

A:Computers Using "HP Install Network Printer Wizard" Vanish from My Network Places

OK there is a catch here you know how the printers after 20 min of no using them is going in stand by mode ... for some reason the network card is going in standby mode for the printer also if you try to print over the network you gonna see that the printer is going back visible.
Solution: There was a option in Network Monitor Devices for don't going on that "standby mode" check and see if this will help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-using-hp-install-network-printer-wizard-vanish-from-my-network-places.596562/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are not displayed more; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-windows-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 69.23%

Good Afternoon I come to you today with an interesting situation My IT services provider contacted me saying that one of the workstations on my network is sending spam out to other client computers The first thing I could think of was a minor attack but the problem got worse I took the liberty of running SPAM out throughout Network network. sending device FRST to give you an idea of whats going Network device sending out SPAM throughout network. on FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by dashburn administrator on TVS-WS- A on - - Running from C Users dashburn AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE C N Loaded Profiles User amp mgoodwinjr amp lmillerjr amp Administrator amp dashburn Available profiles User amp mgoodwinjr amp lmillerjr amp Administrator amp dashburn Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DpHostW exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DpCardEngine exe C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager Loader exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab NetworkAgent klnagent exe Validity Sensors Inc C Windows System valWBFPolicyService exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager MgmtServer exe Dell Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab NetworkAgent vapm exe Dell Products LP C Program Files x Dell Digital Delivery DeliveryService exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL jhi service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe SoftThinks SAS C Program Files x Dell Backup and Recovery SftService exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files x Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DPAgent exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Client Security Framework Dell SecurityManager SystrayApp exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxsrvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Adobe Systems Incorporated C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe DigitalPersona Inc C Program Files Dell Dell Data Protection Security Tools Authentication Bin DpAgent exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exe Voice Net C Users dashburn AppData Local Apps YZBJ Y C WZ E TNRR X V v sc tion c b e a f d dfb e V ScreenPopDocked exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows splwow exe Coupons com Inc C Program Files x Coupons CouponPrinterService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mstsc exe Registry Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the registry item will be restored to default or removed The file will not be moved HKLM Run RtHDVCpl gt C Program Files... Read more

A:Network device sending out SPAM throughout network.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/553175 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553175/network-device-sending-out-spam-throughout-network/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi
I have a LAN with two computers with Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, a NAS and a network printer multifunction.
This network is managed by a hardware firewall. The two computers do not have any firewall and antivirus and all network devices have the same workgroup.
On the network window of a computer, all network devices are displayed immediately. While, on the other computer, the computer with Windows 7 immediately appears; however, the other network devices were displayed after a long wait.
Since yesterday, on this computer, only this network devices are no more displayed; while the other computer displays all regularly.
Thanks
Bye

Balubeto

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1a538f20-65f3-4051-a431-19fd597f9483/the-network-window-not-does-list-the-network-device?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.93%

PCs are Win Ultimate All are joined to the Domain Domain Controller DNS DHCP Server on same instance is Server standard The network topology is like this Router as Internet Gateway gt Switch identifying Cards will only or intermittently, Inside the Domain-Joined no Network when network Connections will Network longer, Network join Domain PC from gt Wired to Server and PC's SIP phones and Wireless Access Point Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network all on same subnet DNS and DHCP have been offloaded Domain-Joined PC Network Cards will no longer, or will only intermittently, join the Domain Network when identifying Network Connections from Inside network to Server Roles and switched off on the router All of the PCs have network cards that have joined the domain network at least some of the time since I set them up Some of them have always picked up the domain network and continue to this day Some of them intermittently pick up the domain network and other times join whatever other unmanaged network is available Some of them have stopped picking up the domain network altogether and will no matter how many times their NICs are restarted always join a non-domain unmanaged network When the NICs are not joining the domain they are unable to ping hostnames of any devices on the network but nslookup of the hostnames usually works The DC DNS DHCP server's IP can be pinged without issue ipv or ipv I am recording DNS Client Errors ID on all of the PCs during the intervals when their NICs are identifying which network to join -On the PCs that are catching the domain network I am only getting a single error about the root domain eg the domain is ad domain com and I am only getting errors about how the configured DNS servers cannot resolve domain com nothing with fully qualified domain names eg server ad domain com -On the PCs that are not catching the domain network I get a few different instances of the same error substituted quot domain quot for my root domain name Name resolution for the name WPAD ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name lt DC-DNS-DHCPSERVERNAME gt ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name LDAP TCP DC MSDCS ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Name resolution for the name ISATAP ad domain com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded Based on what I've read about NLA service choosing the domain to log into I believe this rd error is the big one although I guess the big error is that my configured DNS servers are not responding except to NSLookups From what I understand the Network Location Awareness Service Provider will roughly do the following look into the registry to see if there is an entry for a domain network to join and if there is it will attempt to contact the domain controller of the same domain name If it is successful with both parts it will join the domain network named quot ad domain com quot If not it will fall back to one of the other options ie home private public quot whatever its called network quot I have tried many of the fixes presented for similar issues but I haven't found anything that's worked A few things I have tried while cycling my NICs on and off to test -turned off the firewall nbsp -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -poked holes in the firewall for TCP UDP port -ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns -netsh int ip reset -netsh reset Winsock catalog and restarted -route f and restarted -turned off DHCP Client Service -restarted DHCP client Service -turned off IPV on NICs -hard-coded DNS servers IPV and -hard-coded static IPs and DNS Servers only IPV -sfc scannow to scan for integrity violations All of these and also some combinations of these and more that I can't remember One more p... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/303bcde4-6a0b-4bc4-baff-929f0b6b4261/domainjoined-pc-network-cards-will-no-longer-or-will-only-intermittently-join-the-domain-network?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 64.5%

I am using Windows Ultimate x SP I ran HijackThis as you do and saw was proxy set. Unknown network Unknown adapter. the following line which I removed Internet Settings ProxyServer When running DDS in the dds txt file I found these settings which may be unrelated but I cannot explain them TCP Interfaces D EFE- A - BC - C-B B FC DD DHCPNameServer When I found these items I ran CCleaner just to lighten the amount I needed to scan Then I ran ComboFix and Malwarebytes Antimalware and found nothing I then used GMER and removed a virtual cdrom that had been sitting on Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. my computer long after Deamon Tools had been removed It is the proxy server that worries me Doing a quick search of it Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. there does seem to be a Trojan keylogger that will listen on that port Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter. OP http www bleepingcomputer com forums t possible-virus-unknown-proxy-was-set DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by User at on - - Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated B BF E- BB- - AB-A A C A C SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated A EAA- - E -AA B- E E EC SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razerhid exe C Program Files x Google Drive googledrivesync exe C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razertra exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Program Files x Razer Diamondback G razerofa exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies HydraVision HydraDM exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system svchost exe -k WindowsMobile C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users User AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - C - D -B F - ... Read more

A:Unknown proxy was set. Unknown network adapter.

Ignore. Double post.EDIT: Merged with original post. -etavares

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484534/unknown-proxy-was-set-unknown-network-adapter/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I working in a company with approx computers on hundreds of locations and to often the peripherals such as printers scanners and keyboard end up in peripheral "Unknown often Device" in Computers state quot Unknown Device quot and I have no clue of why Some info - The are different drivers Computers peripheral often in "Unknown Device" for the various peripherals - It is HP computers with PosReady x installed on it - The network is limited so they can only access certain webpages Computers peripheral often in "Unknown Device" therefore driver installation from windows update is not working - This happens to computers that are heavily used and for those are not The quot Fix quot is sometime to just plug out and in the USB-connector or in case of a printer just reboot it and sometime you have to reinstall the drivers After that it works but it comes back again after a while Happened to computers so far I have no clue how to troubleshoot this Any ideas how to start troubleshoot Where to look I can't reproduce the problem in a lab Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c09d57bf-267b-4726-a901-4f63f199afc9/computers-peripheral-often-in-quotunknown-devicequot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi

Might be a stoopid question ...

My XBox360 is wired by ethernet into my home network (via Devolo homeplug behind TV).

My music server (Win7 netbook) is not wired, but on the wireless network.

Can I get the XBox to "see" the media folders on the netbook (to play music etc.) using this setup or do I have to have both clients on the same wireless network ?

The Xbox automatically disconnects from the wireless network when ethernet is used.

thanks

A:Can wired network device speak to wireless device ?

Are your wireless and wired networks on the same router? In other words how are they connected to each other?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/210486-can-wired-network-device-speak-wireless-device.html
Relevancy 62.35%

As the title, say, two network computers, only one can see the other. Computer 1 can see computer 2's resources fine but computer 2 CAN'T see Computer 1's resources. Never seen anytime like it. Both are running XP Home edition and are using TCP/IP setup. Both are in the same workgroup. I was working on getting the ICS to work. Obviously, computer 1 is sharing its connection with 2 but....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-network-computers-only-one-can-see-the-other.406801/
Relevancy 62.35%

I can go into all other computers files except this one laptop. In the networks on both of them they have all the file sharing turned on. On the computer I don't see the laptop pop up, and on the laptop if i click on the computer's files it has a password for it.

A:How can I see other computers on my network?

assuming not all comps on your network are same system vista/xp/7?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-see-other-computers-on-my-network.942878/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello All I work in a small office environment see Computers other on network cannot each which has computers that share a single internet connection cable I have recentley changed the swith and the modem they went bad due Computers on network cannot see each other to a lightning strike and since them I not able to see the other computers on the network and I am also unable to share files or printers My setup is as follows Two of the Computers on network cannot see each other computers run to the router switch Linksys Wirless router w port switch and from there it goes directly to the cable modem The other machine in the office is connected directly to the cable modem This is the exact same seup that I had previously but now it will not work I am able to ping all of the ip s and everything works fine there but cannot see the computers in the workgroup The internet does work on all three machines I have made sure that the workgroup name is the same on all machines also have disabled all firewalls amp antivirus software and still will not work I feel that this must be a configuration problem as I am unable to locate any problems with the hardware Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated as I have struggled with this for days I really don t want to pay someone an hour when it is probably something that I have overlooked Again thank you nbsp

A:Computers on network cannot see each other

Turn off any firewalls for debugging. If the firewall is the problem, you'll have to configure it to allow access to "trusted zone" addresses. Note that some firewalls must be completely uninstalled to stop them from affecting your networking.

PING each computer by IP address, and if successful, PING by name. You can obtain the IP address of a computer by opening a command prompt (DOS window) and typing IPCONFIG. This should work for any Windows version.

All computers should be in the same workgroup for computer browsing to function properly. File & Print Sharing has to be enabled on any computer you wish to share files or printers from. You also need to actually share the resource in question from My Computer, right click on the drive/printer/folder, and select sharing.

If you encounter difficulties accessing computers that are visible in Network Neighborhood, make sure the computer being accessed has an account with the same name/password as the system connecting to it uses to login.

While the default NetBIOS setting is correct for normal network configurations, it's possible for it to be altered, and it costs nothing to make sure it's correct. NETBIOS over TCP/IP must be enabled for normal network browsing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computers-on-network-cannot-see-each-other.460947/
Relevancy 62.35%

i have set up a wireless network using a D-LInk 108g MIMO wireless router and a pci card for the pc with a notebook adapter for my laptop.

All the cards match up and connect to the ADSL line via the router so i know the network is working.

but i can't figure out how to connect the laptop to the pc through the router to share files.

any help would be great as i need to fix this asap.

harry

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi there, I have had soo many problems with my network because the signal from my router could not reach to my computer with the external adapter installed. I Have tried linksys router with linksys adapter and still no go. I bought a new Belkin router which is a wireless pre-n router with 3 antennas instead of the two antennas that are on most routers. I am still using my kinksys adapters . The computer that I was having the problem with is 150 feet from the router in another building. My network is now working great, No dropped signal's and no problems on any computer. In the house where my main computer and router are setup I have a lot of electrical appliance's near by, Microwave/2.4 meg phone/Lights etc, and every thing works great.Check out the Belkin.

A:Network with three computers.

I have seen the opposite.. The Linksys connects where the belkin doesn't..

Different brand routers may show different performances due to the enviroment they are used in, the firmware of the router, the technology used, the sub channel of the wireless connection, and other various reasons.

Therefore, I see no reason to bad mouth linksys, or to set a preference here.. It's like a ATI vs Nvidia debate, it really depends on what works for you.

I'm glad you found something that works for you particular circumstances.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-with-three-computers.370317/
Relevancy 62.35%

Good morning.
I've been setting up a new computer in my daughter's room. How do I network hers with mine?
Thanks!
Amy Jo

A:How do I network two computers?

There are a few different things you can try. Are you wanting to just hook them both up to each other, or allow them both to access the internet?

If you are just wanting to hook them up together you can simply use a crossover cable to hook them up directly to the Ethernet ports.

But if you want to allow them both to access the internet you need to get a router. There are plenty of articles in TechSpot describing them thoroughly. Have a look around.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-network-two-computers.18188/
Relevancy 62.35%

I am running a laptop and a desktop, both running XP home, dell dimm 8400 and laptop inspiron 5100. Using Wireless router Linksys SRX200. I have had this problem before, went back to my notes but this time it did not fix the situation. both computer can access the Internet. Not sure where to start looking, I have checked everything that I know. Have taken down firewalls, no luck. Somehow I get the suspicion that through one of the microsoft fixes or updates, something change. Looking forward to someones reply and help. Gary

Relevancy 62.35%

I have a siemens router set up with my main computer operating on an xp 64 bit system. I would like to set up another computer operating on the xp32bit to share the online connection, so that I can use the smaller computer to access the palm hotsync for my handheld tungsten t3. Can anyone advise me please, on the easiest and cheapest way to achieve this? Thank you in anticipation.

A:How do I set up a network for two computers?

Plug the XP computer into the router along with the Vista machine. On the XP computer select Control Panel, Network Setup Wizard and follow the instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-set-up-a-network-for-two-computers.123226/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I'm sure this is a simple problem, but I have a direct line from the school network into my flat. If I plug in my laptop to the school network through an ethernet cable, I can see all the other network computers and shared drives under 'Network' in explorer. When I connect the network to my own wireless router so I can have wifi in the flat, I can't see any of them under Network. Is there a way to make them visible so I can access shared drives and folders when using the wifi connection?
I am using windows 7 professional, and my wireless router is a TP-Link WR840N.
Thanks in advance,

Robin

A:seeing other computers on the network

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...th-computers-not-appearing-on-the-network-map

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/seeing-other-computers-on-the-network.1011160/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a problem I'm trying to help my sister's systems configured so that she can share a printer Here is her setup She has a Windows XP computer to which her printer is attached It is connected via cable to a Linksys WRT G wireless router to which her cable modem is connected She also has a Windows laptop with a wireless network adapter which uses the same Linksys wireless router to connect to the internet Both computers connect through the wireless router to the internet with no problem Now for the problem I cannot get either computer to see the other computer on the network though both can see and successfully use the shared internet connection through the wireless router I've run the Network Setup Wizard on the XP machine and have checked the settings for the Win machine to make sure that the network is NOT trying to use the HomeGroup feature and that the network locaton is set as HOME I've also checked that the Network Advanced options are correctly set Other See Can't on Network Computers to enable network discovery file and printer Can't See Other Computers on Network sharing public folder sharing and media streaming Password protected sharing is turned off and encryption is set at bit In checking the router I wasn't there when the router was set up and my sister remembers little about how it was done she THINKS that maybe the cable guy who installed their cable internet service did it it shows an Unprotected connection While I have explained to her that this is dangerous everything I have read indicates that though it is ill advised it should still function She is hesitant to have me fiddle with the router--since with some justification she fears that she may lose her internet connection which as I said works fine now I readily confess that I am not a networking expert by any means I did successfully set up a similar setup of my own wireless router Win system and Win XP system cable modem But when I did it once I had configured everything each computer showed up on the other and file and printer sharing works fine If anyone has any suggestions as to what I may be missing or something I can check I'd be very appreciative Just a caveat that I may be slow to reply since checking anything or trying anything requires a physical trip to my sister's house Any suggestions welcomed

A:Can't See Other Computers on Network

Have the two computers been assigned to the same WorkGroup name ?

You can save trips to your sisters house by setting up a TeamViewer remote connection to access here computers.

See Here: TeamViewer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/105158-cant-see-other-computers-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just started my new computer HP h network? computers Why all not on - I also Why all computers not on network? have my old computer HP s f as well Why all computers not on network? as a laptop all running Win and IE and wireless printer I have a wireless network which was set-up by my ISP using UBEE router Everything works fine on my network I'm able access the internet with all computers as well as my printer I'm trying to set-up a homegroup and have searched far and wide on how to's as well as video tutorials from MS I have followed the instructions to a quot T quot I created a homegroup with my new computer and allowed access to all items documents photos videos etc I also have enabled all items under Advanced Sharing options on both computers Here's my problem On my old computer when I go to Computer and Homegroup my new computer is there and I can access the Libararies but nothing else On my new computer when I go to Computer Homegroup it tells me there are no other computers see two atchs Can anyone tell me what I might have done wrong I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable in these things but I'm at a loss on this one as I've been trying for two days to figure it out Hopefully someone can quot bruise my ego quot and tell me what I need to do Thanks for any responses Jack

A:Why all computers not on network?

Hi there,

Have you verified that Network Discovery is turned on?
Enable or disable network discovery

I'd check for a 3rd party firewall software installed if you have any. If you are using built-in Windows firewall make sure that Files/printer sharing is allowed.

It won't hurt to verify your current setup, please see this Tutorial.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/276950-why-all-computers-not-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Small office network, just moved into a new building. Trying to connect a laptop to the network to use shared resources. Machine is running XP, Workgroup name is the same (has been checked several times) and no other computers show up in My Network Places. Can connect to the internet just fine, can also connect to computers on the network if the path is entered manually. I need however to connect to a shared printer on another computer and if it cannot locate the computer on the network I'm not sure how to connect to the shared printer. This happens whether the laptop is connected to the network wireless or wired.

Relevancy 62.35%

Good day all,

PC1 (Windows XP), PC2 (Windows XP),
PC3 (Windows 7), PC4 (Windows 7)
- Connected all to a wireless router;
- Same Workgroup
- All C drives are shared and with full permissions;

When I click on Network, I can't see any of those PCs!!

Please advise.

Thank you

A:Can't see computers on network

Dear all,

Just solved the problem;
I had to make the network 'trusted' in my internet security application (Kaspersky).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/288179-cant-see-computers-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello everyone I have an XP machine that is unable to see any other computer on the network I disabled the firewall and I can ping any device on the network with no issue I have set several other computers to the same workgroup which is mshome Lastly I have read several other post and tried the ideas there including this one Finally let s do the stack repair TCP IP can Network. XP computers other see on not stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP Start R B un CMD to XP can not see other computers on Network. open a command prompt In the command prompt window that opens type type the following commands Note Type only the text in bold for the following commands Reset TCP IP stack to installation defaults type netsh int ip reset reset log Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults type netsh winsock reset catalog Reboot the machine That did not seem to work As I am still in the same situation Any ideas another note This is the only XP on the network Everyone else is Windows Also on a side note the reason I am doing this is to install a printer on this one and allow the other computers to print from it and seeing folders is helpful also Windows IP Configuration Host Name Upstairs Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Yes WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hsd nh comcast net Ethernet adapter Hamachi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Hamachi Network Interface Physical Address A- -F -AF- - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd nh comcast net Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - E-A - C- B- C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM C Documents and Settings Patricia Troy Demers PTD-E B D gt nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

I have two Win 7 computers on my wired network and 6 Win XP computers on this same network. This main computer was Win 7 and just upgraded to Win 10 in November. For a year this network has worked just fine, plug and play basically when I set it up, now after Christmas shutdown (2 weeks), I can't see any of the computers on this network. The only thing I can see is the media drive on a computer called 6Head2. All I really do is transfer files from this main computer out to those 8 other computers.

What is wrong with my computer? Network discover, file sharing all checked, network location was changed from Public to Private today by me. But it did work last year, even with the network location being public.

A:Can't see other computers on my network

And I can connect to these computers using Teamviewer.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36215-cant-see-other-computers-my-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have just started using WinXP and thought I had successfully conntected to our office Network, but I can't see all the computers. We have two servers running Windows NT 4.0 and I can see all the folders on one of those servers, but not on the other one. My own WinXp computer doesn't show up at the servers as being part of the Network. I've tried going through the Network Setup Wizard, but that really screwed things up more. It set up a Network Bridge, but I do not want that!! Is there someone who can help me, please??

Relevancy 62.35%

well last week I bought too network cards and I put them into the computers. both the computers detected them and so I installed them. and I can't get past that. so any can of help I would love it thanks little mac.

------------------

A:need help to network my computers

Go to Network properties and make sure TCP-> is bound to both network cards. Then double click on TCP/IP--> your network card and designate an IP address for each machine as follows:
1st machine - 192.168.0.1
2nd machine - 192.168.0.2
subnet mask 255.255.255.0

I assume you have a hub to connect both computers. This way you will have a TCP/IP network between both computers that can also share internet access. If you're going to use a gateway in order to connect the second computer to the internet, use the 192.168.0.1 address for that computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-network-my-computers.29425/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have 2 computers (computer 1, and computer 2) running XP, standard road runner connection thru a linksys 5 port switch(10/100 i think), and a printer connected to computer 1. What are the steps I need to take to make these computers 'see' eachother? each of them has internet access. I just don't know what I need to do xp-wise (what do i do to each computer?) If anyone can give me step by step instructions I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Matt

"today i learned how to fly, now i'm never coming down"Click to expand...

- Rise Against "Heaven Knows"

A:How do I network 2 computers?

I think there have been some two dozen posts on the same subject this year. Yust use the search feature or browse this forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-network-2-computers.11734/
Relevancy 62.35%

I network computers won't Two have computers both running XP Pro SP Two computers won't network that used to be networked I use one as my main machine and the other as a test backup system I switched machines some time back when I had a power supply failure in my main machine I preferred the speed of my backup machine so I kept Two computers won't network it as my main computer for daily use When I replaced the PSU the former main computer was put back in service The only other changes that occurred was a computer name change my backup which used to be the main I didn t think that would make any difference in networking but I guess it did I tried to do a backup shortly after and couldn t I checked the file sharing properties both are set to share all files and folders and to allow file changes I also ran the Network Wizard but they still won t network This is the error message I get computername is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The network path was not found Click to expand Here is the results of IPConfig Code Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Grump gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name oxywhisper Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List digitalpath net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix digitalpath net Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - F-EA-EB- D- Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday October AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM C Documents and Settings Grump gt ----------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Jim gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheFloorPro Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List digitalpath net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix digitalpath net Description Intel R PRO CT Network Connection Physical Address - C- -BD-F - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday October AM Lease Expires Saturday October AM C Documents and Settings Jim gt Pinged both IP addresses with no loss of packets Pinged name of remote and could not find host If I have to remove the networking for both of these and start over fine Please step me through any procedures to get me networked again Thank you for your help Grump nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello Everyone I m a newbie within (8 My Network computers) the IS IT industry I have eight computers that are ready for networking On my console I will be using window advance Server net working operating system NOS I have a net gear cable DSL Web safe router model RP four ports and a net gear port Fast Ethernet Switch FS At the console I started the DC promo to add the Active Directory and DNS At a point within the add-on I got a prompt asking for my Domain Name I don t want to be compelled into a name at this point however my objectives are to Have computers on my network using advance Server as my NOS Be able to connect to the internet at each workstation Do I need to purchase a Domain name to add Active Directory and DNS If not what is the process Where should I add the net gear port Fast Ethernet Switch FS device on the network And if this information is needed on the other computers servers will have pro and or XP as their operating systems Amir nbsp

A:My Network (8 computers)

The domain name Active Directory is asking has nothing to do with domain names on the internet. It is just a name you can give to your group of computers and how your computers know they belong to that group.

You don't need Active Directory or any of that Microsoft mumbo jumbo to share the internet connection and files between the computers. Ignore all this domain stuff, set all computers to belong to the same workgroup (so you can share files between computers). Your router can take care of sharing the internet connection.

Plug the switch to one of your router's local ports.
BTW my finger counting shows that you don't have enough ports in your switches to hold 8 computers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-network-8-computers.10747/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Network 2 computers guys I was wondering if anyone can help me to network my computers so I can share files between them I am just trying to create a Network 2 computers simple network with a etheret cable The desktop is a novatech barebones that I have had for a long time Network 2 computers and the other is a new Acer laptop They are both running the same version of Windows ultimte edition On the desktop 'network and sharing' page I see this When I d-click on the 'unidentified network' icon it 'sees' the laptop but when i d-click on that it says quot Laptop is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the admiistraotr of this server to find out if you have access permissions The Server service is not started quot On the laptops 'network and sharing' page i see Network 2 computers this and when I d-click on the multiple networks icon at the top it just shows the laptop and a laptop media area No desktop If I d-click on the park bench icon it tells me to name the network and choose an icon but then wont let me make any changes Can anybody tell me what I need to do to get these to computers to communicate properly I'm quite happy to start again from scratch creating a new network as obviously what I've done so far is obviously not correct as its not working properly Please feel free to ask any questions as I'll happily give any information you need in order to help me get this sorted I am a noob to networking though so the more straight-forward and simple you can make this the better for me Step-by-step would be perfect but anything that helps me with this will be very much appreciated Thanks

A:Network 2 computers

Also, when I click "see full network map" I get this...

I can drop down the bar at the top and select the direct connection between the two computers but then it tells me...

"Windows cannot create the network map because the network type is set to public. In order to view the network map, you must set the networks location type to Home or Work in Network and Sharing center."

Going back to the network and sharing center I cannot find anything clickable that will make these changes. This is on the laptop. When doing the same thing on the desktop I get the same map and when I drop the tab down and select the 'unidentified network' I get...

"Windows cannot create the network map. Responses from the other devices on the network are delayed or there is an incompatible router on the network."

hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213602-network-2-computers.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Alright so I've searched and searched for solutions but I just Using Computers a in Network can't find any Hopefully you guys can understand what I want to do NOTE I refuse to use TeamViewer Remote Desktop Connection LogMeIn or any other kind of remote connection software Well I've had this in my mind for a year or so now more or less over the past few weeks because my room has been occupied by my mother and I prefer not to Using Computers in a Network move my laptop from it's dock it's docked Using Computers in a Network with the charger usb hub mouse keyboard etc What I want to do is basically have Network Accounts I guess you could call it I want to be able to logon to my account and see my Desktop Documents etc when I login But I want to be able to do this from any computer within my household Now I guess I would have issues when traveling We all have gb hard drives so I still want them to be used besides the fact I don't want to go out and purchase a home server from Staples or something I don't want to have to purchase an online server If I have to buy a domain I'm fine with that Let me know of ANY solutions you have

A:Using Computers in a Network

Start with this article.

Start here to set up a home network in Windows 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEI2dQPODrQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/213011-using-computers-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm clueless here...

Computer 1 is plugged into the modem via ethernet.

Computers 2 and 3 connect to a router via WiFi, which is then connected to the modem via ethernet.

How do I get all three computers on the same network so they can share files between each other?

A:How to have three computers on the same network

What OS do all the PCs have?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/296303-how-have-three-computers-same-network.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am using Windows 7 HP, with a broadband connection, on an Intel i3 quad core, and a DLIINK router.

I was browsing the internet, when all of a sudden it stopped (browser=Chrome) loading pages, and a pop up appeared saying there was an error, and 2 computers on my network were sharing the same IP address.

I don't have 2 pc's, just the one, and don't understand how this could happen. I did have a virus last week - Trojan.ADH.2 but do not know if that is related to this problem.

I closed my browser, and opened a cmd line and typed ipconfig /renew, then restarted my computer, and since then I have not had any problems I am aware of.

Does this mean I have a virus or mal/spy ware on my PC?

A:Two computers, same network, same IP?

hi there and welcome to seven forums

i would run this to check for virus etc Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011

Quote:
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011
is a free software intended to disinfect infected computers, removing viruses, Trojans, and spyware, as well as any other types of malware. Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 uses the same highly efficient algorithms for detecting malware as Kaspersky Anti-Virus. Algorithms include a full-functional anti-virus scanner, technologies developed for detecting vulnerabilities in installed applications and operating systems, and a technology for running scripts intended for removing complex and compound viruses. The utility can be used as a free anti-virus software.

Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011 is not intended for real-time protection of computer. After the disinfection of the computer is complete, the application should be uninstalled from the hard drive and replaced with the real-time protection anti-virus:

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181052-two-computers-same-network-same-ip.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I think that s what I want to do I How network do computers 2 I have an How do I network 2 computers HP desktop with vista and cable high speed modem and a linkys attached to it for How do I network 2 computers wireless My laptop is a toshiba with wireless running windows and I use it upstairs wireless to connect to the net There are times I need a file from the desktop and I have to go down and put it on memory stick to copy it over Is there any way I can access the desktop from the laptop without having to do that Would need step by step instructions to set it up if it can be done with different operating systems I did a free trial of log me in and loved it but I only need to do this in the house but while I was in the free trial I had a friend sign up and it allowed me to fix a problem she had since she lived many miles away so another question is if I want a set up like that how is it done I mean when you call for tech support and they are able to take control of your computer to fix something is it a paid program you have to get or is there something free you can get It s only one friend I have to help and it s really hard to help her through email when she has a problem and she is too far for me to physically get at the computer so thought I would investigate into how all that works Mary nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

My netwok is seen in the attached jpg. I have a windows xp sp3 with wired internet.
I have 3 wifi laptops all able to connectto the internet 1 is windows 8 the other two are windows 7
When i open up my network and sharing center all i see is the one latop as seen in the other attached photo.
How do i get all computers on one wifi network so i can see all of them and share files between them?

A:All my computers are on the same network but each one can't see others

If you had clicked on "public" rather than "home" when you were first connecting to the network you won't be able to see other devices.
What does is say it's set as?

Network Location - Set as Home, Work, or Public Network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/283100-all-my-computers-same-network-but-each-one-cant-see-others.html
Relevancy 62.35%

How can I send a file from one computer to the other using Linksys WRT54G router? They are both hard wired to router.

A:Network 2 computers

Make sure both machines has File Sharing enabled.

Then in Network Places / Network Neighbourhood, you should see the other computer. Open that up and then drag the files there for copying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-2-computers.589556/
Relevancy 62.35%

I've got 3 computers on my network
Windows Server 2003
Windows 2000
and now, Windows 7

I can map drives on Windows 7 to Windows 2000
I can map drives on Windows Server 2003 to Windows 2000
However, no matter what I do, I can not see my 2003 Server from my Win7 computer and also the other way around.

I could when I got this all set up, for a little while - - something changed, I guess, but I don't have the slightest idea where to start looking.

Help!?!?

A:Network computers won't see each other

Is your File and Printer sharing...option ON?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60106-network-computers-wont-see-each-other.html
Relevancy 62.35%

running win7 in new hp pc
xp pro in the old pc
have a motorla sb5100
cable modem ethernet
can I connect the old pc to the new? how?

Relevancy 62.35%

My Notebook is running Windows Bit and my Main PC runs Windows Bit and they are linked by wired Ethernet through a Router Gateway The Main PC also has two printers attached and cannot Sometimes see Network Computers shared across the Network My issue is that when I go to access the Main PC from the Notebook I sometimes cannot see anything under the Network Folder sometimes I can see Sometimes cannot see Network Computers the Router only sometimes I can see just the Notebook When I can Sometimes cannot see Network Computers see both computers everything works fine When I cannot see both computers is anyone's guess When I cannot see both computers I can go into Network and Sharing and open Sometimes cannot see Network Computers the full network map and can see everything but cannot see the same under the Network Folder The two printers attached to the Main PC are never impacted upon by the Network computers not being visible under the Network Folder and are always available for printing from any program used on the Notebook back through the Network I have checked all the settings suggested by other Forum suggestions related to these sorts of issues and the settings are as they should be I have tried rebooting both PCs and have changed Firewall settings on both PCs updated Network Card software and drivers and nothing has changed the intermittent nature of my problem An hour ago I had the problem and had given up after a day of trying different measures and when I started to write this forum text everything was working OK Can someone please HELP

A:Sometimes cannot see Network Computers

Hello GavinJ,

Which antivirus software are you using on those machines?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/103693-sometimes-cannot-see-network-computers.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello it was working fine until suddenly it changed.
we are on a domain network of 20 PC and server we can't see each others but we can access by writing the IP
any help?
I am connected to the network, Internet is working fine but only this problem.

A:Can't see computers network please help

Hi there

Has the server blocked the SMB ports (445 etc). I assume you CAN connect to network drives on the server.

I think a lot of people are getting away from using NETBIOS or things like that to resolve host names.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58191-cant-see-computers-network-please-help.html