Windows Support Forum

network adapter not showing properties on device manager

Q: network adapter not showing properties on device manager

I don't know where my network adapters properties options have gone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a987bd37-188e-458d-bd77-e1cd62290a8a/network-adapter-not-showing-properties-on-device-manager?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: network adapter not showing properties on device manager

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 109.65%

Marvell Libertas 8335/Sweex LW057 issues
computer specs this applies to:

ASUS A8V-MX
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
1GB DDR400 RAM
80GB Maxtor IDE
HD3650 512mb graphics card

SWEEX LW057/ MARVELL LIBERTAS 8335

I used to run XP on this computer, but Im used to Windows 7 since thats my main computer's OS. So I thought, what the hell. I checked compatibility and it said my wifi card shouldnt have an issue with Windows 7. I installed the OS, booted, and my wifi card was gone from the device manager. So I cant install the driver, since Sweex nor Marvell supplies an installation program. just the inf and sys files, which isnt enough.

I also tried show hidden devices, nothing popped up. legacy driver didnt work either.

the card is indeed working, as I tried in another pc. the pci slots are fine too. its a software related problem.

does anyone have an idea?

A:network adapter not showing up in device manager

Your other thread says Vista is supposed to have built in drivers, did you install Vista or Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/98914-network-adapter-not-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 109.65%

I am working on a showing adapter Manager Device in not Network friends computer here The motherboard needed replacing and I installed the new motherboard I also installed Network adapter not showing in Device Manager all of the drivers to it and the device manager does not have the Network Adapter dropdown added Instead I have an unknown with a yellow I have tried to manually get it in for a few hours then went out and bought a Network adapter not showing in Device Manager Dynex E- network adapter I installed that network adapter and threw the drivers on the PC and still no network adapter in the device manager Here are the list of things I have tried - resetting cmos - enabling onboard LAN in bios - Even scanned for viruses - tried manually going into device manager and adding that brand card in there - moving to a new PCI Slot - checking running services - running a system file check ie SFC exe much much more Please help me out with this issue I am ripping my hair out over this There has to be something hiding it or blocking it nbsp

Relevancy 109.65%

I not manager showing adapter device Network in up have an on board ethernet adapter on my XFX nForce i LT motherboard that I personally believe to be DEAD but I want to see if I ve missed anything The adapter doesn t show up in Device Manager anywhere including hidden and unknown devices I ve uninstalled the Ethernet Driver and installed the driver both from the out of the box driver CD and from the nVidia website I ve unplugged the power supply and drained off any excess power and rebooted cleanly This is on Win and the oh so not helpful Windows diagnostic says I need to install a driver for my adapter which as I stated above I have done - times now I ve done a system restore from over a week ago Network adapter not showing up in device manager when I know the hardware was functioning properly Is it also everyone s opinion that this is Network adapter not showing up in device manager DEAD The board is roughly years old so I wouldn t rule it out but I do take good care of my box with regular compressed air cleanings and its protected against surges Anything else I should Network adapter not showing up in device manager try or should I just buy a new adapter I don t have enough financial excess to buy a new board or supported components atm and I don t want a wireless adapter either so I suppose I ll have to see if my board can support an additional adapter in one of the open slots nbsp

A:Network adapter not showing up in device manager

check the bios does not have LAN disabled
goto control panel and scan for new hardware

- that would be the only additional things i can think of

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-not-showing-up-in-device-manager.1062808/
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi Im having a huge problem that it seems it cant be fixed i tryed it all and here i am i hope u guys can help me I Network Manager on adapter not showing Device recently send this pc to change the graphic card cuz the last one got destroyed when they bring my pc everything seems fine but the internet is not working i check the device manager the Network Adapter is missing and nothing seems to work i downloaded a TON of drivers i tryed to install them but NOTHING is working Motherboard Fujitsu d -a Graphic card Amd radeon hd if u need any more info pls ask I tryd to manually download them with Have Disc option selecting the file and it installs the Driver but it gives me a Error i know that u need to Uninstall it then Reboot the pc and after the reebot go press Scan for Hardware changes but even that Doesn't work Any help is really appreciated thanks a lot

A:Network adapter not showing on Device Manager

Hi Neti,
Is it your Ethernet or Wifi.
And what is it?
There are loads of preloaded drivers in W7.
Go to
Update driver > Browse > Let me pick > UNCHECK show compatible hardware. wait for listing to appear below.
Left hand column is for manufacturer scroll to yours.
Then in the right hand column scroll down to yours
Select.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/391365-network-adapter-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 109.65%

Hi,
yesterday i got my friend to download windows 7 on my mac via bootcamp.
i got it back today and i tried my wireless at home but didn't work.
so i tried LAN line as well, which didn't work either.

i went through few sites, they all told me to go on device manager and update my drives. The problem is that i can't find either modem or network adapter on my device manger.

could anyone PLZ help me??

A:Network adapter not showing on device manager

Welcome to SF,

What is the make and model of your computer?

Can you pls. post a print screen of your Device Manager, make sure to expand Network Adapters?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195440-network-adapter-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 108.79%

I an trying to reinstall my internet connection. I install drivers from the install cd, but they do not show up in device manager. They do show in separate folders via windows explorer. I have windows xp.

Tom

Relevancy 107.5%

Hello everyone I manager in device Wireless Adapter Intel not showing Network have a LENOVO Z - and i recently installed a WINDOWS on it I am unable to host hotspot on my laptop ever since This is because in the device manager list under network adapters heading i am only getting these two names Quallcom Atheros QCA x wireless network adapter and Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller However there is no Intel wireless virtual network adapter This is happening even after i have installed all the relevant drivers on my laptop for windows from lenovo website Intel Wireless Network Adapter not showing in device manager I have installed the intel PRO wireless toolkit and run tests on it In the hardware test it failed and Intel Wireless Network Adapter not showing in device manager says quot wireless hardware not bound to transport driver quot PLEASE help me The ethernet works fine and i can take hotspots from people But i cant create my own I am attaching relelvant pics here PS I have updated my drivers from the lenovo website often and from the intel website as well nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-wireless-network-adapter-not-showing-in-device-manager.1157135/
Relevancy 106.21%

I ll try to keep Adapter separate on manager Network no device in longer computers! two showing this short with as much info as possible A couple days ago I was sitting by my computer I wasnt actually doing anything it Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers! was just on when my internet dropped There was a thunderstorm outside so i thought maybe the router lost power and I went to reset it Everything was still on but I reset anyway Still no internet I went to the network amp sharing but it was saying there is no connection I went to the device manager and there was no network adapter in the list nothing I thought maybe it was the wire at first so i plugged it into my laptop and it worked instantly Obviously its a problem with my computer I then called GIGABYTE support mobo brand and he had me go into BIOS and I had n a where my mac address should be He said that was causing the problem and I would need to get a warranty claim or install a third party network card I salvaged an old old netowrk adapter from a hewlett packard pavilion intel pentium iii and it connected instantly Everything seemed fine until i went to log into League of Legends I kept getting an error stating quot did not receive response from server quot My friend told me to try opening internet explorer then logging in Somehow that magically worked and we have no idea why So everything seemed fixed Fast forward to yesterday my dads computer does the same thing and says there no internet connection I check device manager and no network adapter shows up on the list like the network adapter tree isnt even there I didnt have another card and was too lazy to put the one in my computer to see if that worked but I am inclined to believe that this cant just be coincidence can it What would do this to two separate computers on the same network My mom and brothers laptops connect fine wirelessly and are okay when i use an ethernet cable any ideas as to what is going on here I am afraid more computers will encounter this problem Your help is appreciated and I thank you in advance nbsp

A:Network Adapter no longer showing in device manager on two separate computers!

What would do this to two separate computers on the same network?Click to expand...

Two things come immediately to mind: coincidence, or defective router (some kind of electrical problem in the ethernet switch).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-no-longer-showing-in-device-manager-on-two-separate-computers.1101782/
Relevancy 93.74%

I tried everything I know but can't seem to get back my wifi card to work. Please help.

A:Wi-Fi Adapter not showing in Device manager

Hi,
Did that USB DEVICE IS from A ISP if so it has installed a driver that has replaced or blocked or removed your Wifi driver thats why i hate those stuff.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52664-wi-fi-adapter-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I just bought an EVGA nForce 730i mobo with onboard GeForce 9300 graphics card.

I installed vista ultimate 32 bit and the first thing I did was install all the drivers from the disk that came with the motherboard. For some reason I can't find my display adapter in my device manager list and I don't think the driver from the mobo disk is installing properly but I can't check that because I don't see the adapter in the device manager list. Any idea on how I can fix this?

Thanks

A:Display Adapter not showing in device manager...

Did you touch anything on the Bios? Are you sure you don't have a PCI or PCIe card installed as well? What does it say under Device Manager/Display Adapters?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/217941-display-adapter-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi I've been trying to figure Adapter under manager/AMD working up device Display + not not showing out how to fix this for about two days now I've uninstalled everything AMD ATI multiple times and tried to reinstall my graphics driver using AMD Catalyst It always says that my computer quot does not contain a proper graphics adapter quot I've used Driver Sweeper to get rid of remnants I'm in safemode right now because suddenly I couldn't get into normal mode where I'd only be able to use VGA everything Display Adapter not showing up under device manager/AMD not working + for my adapter was put as quot unavailable quot when I checked under advanced for display properties After the startup screen it went black but I could still see my cursor and move it around it might of worked if I waited a bit longer but the length seemed odd so I rebooted Display Adapter not showing up under device manager/AMD not working + into safemode At first I couldn't even get into normal mode it would just be black without cursor until I uninstalled my driver from device manager but now I can't get the display adapters to show up again I've read a couple things about bios and something called pci but I'm not sure how either of those work or what they are I'm not super great at computers Thanks

A:Display Adapter not showing up under device manager/AMD not working +

Hi there ... Welcome to Seven Forums .. You have switchable Graphics ... Try downloading the Drivers from the Lenovo Website ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/320575-display-adapter-not-showing-up-under-device-manager-amd-not-working.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I recently recovered from the Agobot worm and a couple other viruses (serv1ces.exe and microsoft.exe). However I noticed today that nothing shows up when I try to access the Device Manager or my Network Properties. Is there a way to rectify this?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 90.73%

device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and then underneath the bang with WAN Miniport (IP) #2. When I check the properties of the device It says it is not working properly. When I attempt to uninstall the device it tells me that the device cannot be removed because it is required to boot the system.

A:device manager under my Network adapter. I have my Intel Ethernet adapter listed and

go into your bios and under boot options, remove network/internet as a boot option if it is listed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-under-my-network-adapter-i-have-my-intel-ethernet-adapter-listed-and-91828.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I have been searching the internet for hours trying to find adapter Standard Device manager restore showing VGA after graphics a solution to this problem to no avail Computer Dell precision workstation t Intel Xeon W ghz gb ram GTX ti not working now worked before restore I just restored my PC through Dell's backup and recovery manager When finished I tried to install drivers for my GTX that I downloaded off of the Nvidia website I receive the error quot The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware quot I go to check the Device Manager and in the Display adapters I see quot Standard VGA graphics adapter quot not my Nvidia card I'm assuming that is the reason my card does not appear and I Device manager showing Standard VGA graphics adapter after restore can't install drivers These are the steps I have already taken First I tried uninstalling the Standard VGA graphics adapter but I found that it re-installs itself whenever I restart Next I tried to uninstall in safe mode but it STILL re-installs it self while in safe mode I have tried Driver Sweeper to the same effect After reading several threads online where users experience similar problems I went to Dell to find the drivers they supplied for the computer I bought and Dell doesn't offer drivers for the card I have because I upgraded since buying the prebuilt from Dell I found Dell drivers Device manager showing Standard VGA graphics adapter after restore for a ti however I still receive the same quot The graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware quot error These are the hardware id's for the Standard VGA graphics adapter PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC Why is Device Manager showing me quot Standard VGA graphics adapter quot Why isn't it recognizing my card when it previously did before being restored and most importantly how do I get it to recognize my card so I can install the drivers Thanks

A:Device manager showing Standard VGA graphics adapter after restore

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

I shouldn't worry too much about Windows installing drivers for the VGA adapter.

What you need to do is download NVIDIA's driver for your GTX 560 and save it to your hard drive.

Next, right-click the downloaded driver's .exe file and choose Run as Administrator.

You'll be offered a quick install and a custom install so choose the custom option.

The installer will uninstall the VGA adapter driver and clean install the GTX 560 driver.

When it's done reboot your computer and you should be good to go,

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/210997-device-manager-showing-standard-vga-graphics-adapter-after-restore.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I have an Inspiron home running XP and a Latitude D XP that I used to be able to use interchangably with a Comcast modem and a Netgear WGR router A couple of weeks ago my internet connections slowed and now have ended After several phone calls to Comcast the last tech told me the problem was quot the network address showing in the device manager is different than the network address that shows in the TCIP IP settings quot I am getting an error message of quot network cable unplugged quot on the Inspiron and the red X on the second of the two adapters st is nd is Broadcam x I can get internet from the Latitude when directly connected to the cable modem but not when routed through the router for wireless We have tried multiple reconfig of the IP shutting everything down computers router modem all with no success Any help anyone can provide would be great--I still need to order Christmas presents nbsp

A:Network adapter in device manager is different than adapter in TCIP/IP settings

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-in-device-manager-is-different-than-adapter-in-tcip-ip-settings.886135/
Relevancy 86.86%

I recently had to do a fresh install of my windows xp on a dimension 8250. The last time i did this i had to go download Ethernet drivers and it worked right away . This time I tried to download and install the chip-set and drivers but they are not working. When i go to the device manager the is not even a network category. Last time I at least had yellow ? marks. I have service pack 1 installed but i can't manage to get service pack 2 installed with dial up. I'm considering doing another reformat with hopes that it will fix it. Any ideas would be quite helpful.

Syn

A:device manager not showing network at all

if you go into device manager and view hidden devices - there are no yellow ? listed ?
also no network adapters listed

what happens when you tried to install the drivers ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-not-showing-network-at-all.939571/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I m new to this so bear with me I know there are a lot of forum posts on this on this forum and many others but manager connections network in network 7) available and no No device adapter (windows after hours of trawling through them and getting nowhere I No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) thought I would make a thread with my specific problem and see if anyone No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) can help I got my new graphics card yesterday and after hours of trying to get that to work it s in and working but now I have a red cross where it says my internet is connected and when I click on it it says No Connections are No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7) available I have a wired connection and the ethernet cable is in there is no light on my mobo to confirm this When I troubleshoot it says Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter If you have a network adapter you will need to reinstall the driver I have got my MOBO CD and attempted to do that but the gigabyte interface is completely missing and I can t find the network adapter on there I have also tried downloading the new drivers first on my laptop and running them on the PC but that had no success and the second time through my Iphone personal hotspot but with the same results I know the ethernet cable works because I have put it in my laptop I have a Gigabyte H MA-D v Mobo i K GB Ram GTX Running Windows Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because I m close to putting my foot through my PC Thanks James nbsp

A:No network connections available and no network adapter in device manager (windows 7)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-connections-available-and-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-windows-7.1117129/
Relevancy 86.43%

I just formatted an old computer ghz amd athalon mb ram with in network adapter no device manager a new win xp home oem disk with a key I used from my shot eMachine Everything was going fine it was getting late and I didn t have a chance to look at the client my cousin s internet connection before connecting to the internet I installed quickbooks which no network adapter in device manager shouldn t have anything to do with my problem but i thought I would mention it he hit IE quot this page cannot blah blah blah quot I asked him over the phone to go into no network adapter in device manager device manager and go to network adapters but there isn t one I told him to go to network connections and it only had what is in this picture attached http vbulletin thesite org attachment php attachmentid amp d Can you please help me I need to do tech over the phone His OB on board sound wasn t working we used the driver disk that came with the eMachine and the realtek ac started working There is still no internet I thought that installing drivers for the OB sound card might help the OB network card but the emachine disk isn t the right disk for this old towers motherboard I do not have this towers motherboard disk please don t say this is a problem nbsp

A:no network adapter in device manager

Are there errors in Device Manager?
How is he connecting to the Internet? Dial-up? Broadband?
Did you install the appropriate hardware drivers for whatever device is needed to connect to the Internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-network-adapter-in-device-manager.631470/
Relevancy 86.43%

I've installed windows 7 as upgrade to vista home premium in my Toshiba Satellite P205D-7802 laptop. Most everything seems to be running fine. My big problem is my network adapters (for wired and wireless - they are different) don't show up at all in the device manager?

I understand the whole installing a driver with compatibility mode but that seem quite impossible if the system does not even find the devices?

System was bought new 1 year ago with visa home premium and everything was working fine before the install. I have the drivers to install if I need the old vista drivers but it does not good.

I can install the drivers and when it gets done it says they are no good until the device is attached?

Any and all help is appreciated.

A:Network Adapter Not in Device Manager

same problem here! any ideas anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/2334-network-adapter-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

A:No network adapter in Device manager

Quote: Originally Posted by TheOnion

Hello,

After using system restore my internet connection has a red x. I have seen this before so I went into device manager so see what's up. There is no network adapter listed. I did a scan for hardware changed and nothing. I have an Atheros network driver folder on my desktop so I ran the setup.exe and it appeared to install the driver. After a reboot nothing happens.

The windows 7 troubleshooter tells me, "Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to re-install the driver."

The LAN connection is on my Asus p5ql-pro motherboard and I have downloaded the most recent driver from the website.

please help.$

Was the driver you installed a win 7 driver? If not you need to install it in compatibility mode. To do that right click the installer>properties>compatibility>choose OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/80223-no-network-adapter-device-manager.html
Relevancy 86.43%

When I open device manager, there is no option for network adapters, unless I click on show hidden devices.
My motherboard model is ASUS p7h55-m
I tried instaling drivers for my model of motherboard, but nothing worked.
Whenever I troubleshoot, it says that I need a driver for my network adapter.
I tried instaling Realtek ethernet controller driver. However it says that:"NO NETWORK CONTROLLER WAS FOUND, if deep sleep mode is enabled, please plug the cable".

I need some help! Been trying to fix this for the past 6 hours. This has happened after I formatted my PC! Also, I have no CD with my motherboard .. thanks so much.

Relevancy 86%

When going through device manager, there is no Network Adapters section. All network cards show up as unknown devices even though I've installed the drivers for them. In Control Panel -> Network Connections, there is no Local Area Connection. I've tried a new network card and that didn't fix anything either.

ipconfig / all gives me:

Windows IP COnfiguration. That's all. Nothing else shows up.

I'm so lost.

Relevancy 85.57%

Acer Aspire 5315
Windows Vista Home Basic

My girlfriend just got this laptop from her father. It was functioning properly when he had it. Before he handed it over to her, he installed and ran the Windows Anytime Upgrade DVD. He wanted to clear all of his information.

We attempted to connect the laptop to a wireless router, no luck. We also had no luck while connecting the laptop directly to the cable modem. Windows could not find a network.

We tried locating "Network Adapter" in the Device Manager, but it doesn't appear to be listed anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:Can't locate Network Adapter in Device Manager

Did you try to go to Acer site, download and install network driver?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/339584/cant-locate-network-adapter-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 85.57%

Terrible way to start the weekend with a mobo failure Long story short desktop adapter Solved: No in network device manager failed Suspecting a motherboard failure i swapped out the hard drives to desktop The nd box has it s own cpu mobo I reformatted my OS partition on the HD and reinstalled xp pro OS installed and my docs on the drive are still viable my main concern Prior to doing any swap my Solved: No network adapter in device manager nd box was able to connect to my wire gateway and get online and share files within my home network Now with the HD from desktop with a fresh xp pro install I get no network adapters in the device manager I do get a yellow next to quot other pci bridge device quot quot pci memory controller quot quot sm bus controller quot and a multimedia audio controller after some browsing on these forums I tried the following i tried deleting the entries from the device manager and rebooting No luck they still show up I also tried some command prompt commands with netsock to reset the tcp ip no luck I tried changing the PnP settings to automatic using services msc no luck I tried enabling the PnP option in the BIOS no luck any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

So, I just deleted (including from my computer) this 'atheros' thing which is under the network adapter.. now. I can only use broadband but not wireless.. what do i do? so there is basically i cannot see the network adapter section anymore. however whenever I plug in the broadband it came out like a USB thing. You plug it in, then you can see the device... and the icon also change from

to this

what do I do now? I cannot use wifi? Im also using asus eee pc 1215B

A:How do I reinstall 'network adapter' from device manager?

Try this Driver

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Eee...V9_2_0_427.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300033-how-do-i-reinstall-network-adapter-device-manager.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Since upgrading to Windows XP Service Pack my network adapter a Com C -TX-M does not appear in Device Not Does Adapter Network Manager But in Working Appear Device Manager and I therefore can t get this computer to appear on my home network The network adapter is still working because that Network Adapter Working But Does Not Appear in Device Manager s how I connect to the Internet via LAN to a router then cable broadband and IPCONFIG gives valid results including the correct IP address from the router via DHCP Hoping that this might be a glitch I installed a clean copy of XP Home on a spare hard disk The network adapter appeared in Device Manager and the computer appeared on the network I then upgraded to SP and the network adapter disappeared from Device Manager and the computer no longer appears on the network I have also tried installing a different network adapter - a completely different make and model - with no difference and forcing XP to install the Com drivers using Add New Hardware getting Error device cannot be started Attempting to set up a new network connection gets the result quot Cannot complete the Network Setup Wizard - the wizard cannot find your network hardware quot Yet it s there and working otherwise I wouldn t be able to post this request for help If anyone knows what s happening and how to fix this problem I would be extremely grateful for your assistance Thank you in anticipation nbsp

A:Network Adapter Working But Does Not Appear in Device Manager

http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php?showtopic=31479

This guy had the same problem. I'm not sure exactly what they did to fix the problem, but if you read through it and follow along, you should get your problem resolved by the 4th page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-working-but-does-not-appear-in-device-manager.405937/
Relevancy 85.57%

i have use windoqw 7 bout 3 month, and now my desktop got a problem..i cant see my network adapter on my devicxe manager,so now i cant access internet.i already install the right driver for my network adAPter,but still my window 7 say that i not install my network adapter driver when i go to network troubleshoot..then i format my desktop n still my desktop cant find my network adaptewr on device manager..why?3 month ago i install my window 7 in that desktop,i quickly can access internet without i need to install any network adapter driver..mayb because window 7 already provide the default network driver on its setup ..but why when i format my pc n install again my window 7,i still got this prob?can anyone help me to solve this prob?

A:network adapter missing on device manager

What driver have you attempted to install? Try this one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/60171-network-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I just had my laptop motherboard replaced and now I cannot connect to the internet via my router and cable connection when I place my laptop in my docking station. The docking station Network Adapter (3Com3c920 Integrated Fast Ethernet Controller #7) is showing an error in the device manager of my control panel. I've tried to uninstall it from the device manager and reboot, but it just adds back the network adapter with the error exclamation back into my Network Adapter list. The device manager also shows 2 other instances of the same Network Adapter.

Fred

A:Network Adapter error in Device Manager

Uninstall ALL of the instances of the network adapter AFTER clicking View, Show Hidden Devices. Clean out the network adapters section, reboot, and see if you can get the drivers installed correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-error-in-device-manager.387965/
Relevancy 85.57%

I just reinstalled Win 7 Pro on my Elitebook 8460p. When I open the device manager, I do not see any network adapter, wireless or otherwise. How can I find my wireless adapter, so that I can install it and if needed download the appropriate drivers?  

A:No network adapter shown in device manager

Hi: You should see a device labeled as a Network Controller under an Other Devices category in the device manager. The Network Controller will have a little ! mark inside a yellow triangle. That is the wireless card that needs a driver. Since there can be more than one model wireless card in that notebook series, I don't know what driver you need to get the card to work but that is easy enough to find out. Please post the hardware ID for the device you see listed as a Network Controller. To find the hardware ID, click on the device labeled as a Network Controller. Then click on the details tab at the top of the network controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-network-adapter-shown-in-device-manager/td-p/5611303
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all A very weird problem just happens to my desktop I hope anyone could help me to avoid a complete reinstall It was working fine I didn't install or change nothing mostly is used as MediaCenter It was but device manager Missing adapter, OK network working perfectly without any change for months Then I shutdown one day as always and when I reboot the next day no network is present The PC is an Acer Aspire X desktop with an integrated intel NIC This is what I have seen In the W network configuration panel there isn't any NIC present IPCONFIG shows nothing no adapter is listed is not like when you unplug the Missing network adapter, but device manager OK network cable and the adapter is listed buy without the IPs now the command shows nothing at all But and that is the weird thing in device Missing network adapter, but device manager OK manager all seems fine The Intel NIC is listed without any warning mark Looking the properties all looks ok This Missing network adapter, but device manager OK is what I had already try I reinstalled the NIC drivers No changes Reinstalled the chipset drivers No changes Uninstalled NIC drivers with an Intel utility Then I rebooted and reinstalled the drivers when windows detected the new hw No changes Disabled the NIC adapter in device manager reboot and re-enable No changes Uninstalled the NIC adapter in device manager Reboot and re-install the drivers when windows detect the new hw No changes Disabled the NIC adapter in BIOS Boot windows shutdown re-enable the adapter in BIOS and reboot Reinstall the drivers No change Recover the system from an old recover point but no change I still have not any network adapter present in windows network configuration panel or listed with IPCONFIG I think some windows network component must be damaged but that is beyond my W knoledge Any ideas Thanks a lot in advance

A:Missing network adapter, but device manager OK

Network adapters sometimes fail. It may be due to some electrical disturbance which induces a surge in the cable, which knocks out a component in the NIC, but the rest of the card thinks it is working properly. A diode or capacitor failure perhaps.

Google USB Ethernet adaptor. Prices start less than ?10 UK.

Try a replacement for the card - it won't break the bank. I assume that you would need a USB connection? It doesn't even have to be an exact replacement - any recognized mainstream brand of the right specifications should do. Just take a note of the MAC address of the old card - ipconfig /all from the command prompt, and note the physical address. It may be important for your broadband connection. You may need to disable the onboard NIC in the bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/164012-missing-network-adapter-but-device-manager-ok.html
Relevancy 85.57%

hello, i could really use some help, a co worker brought me his comuter to reinstall windows xp, because he did not like vista, he also had his own xp discs, i have done everything like normal, have done this a time or two not my first rodeo with reinstalling windows xp, this is however the first time that this network issue has happened, i have installed the device driver cd as well along with the reset tool from dell's website, im getting NOWHERE. please help thanks a MILLION.

A:device manager does not recognize network adapter

Did you install the drivers in the recommended (if any) order--usually chipset first?

If it's an integrated adapter look for the driver on the PC (or motherboard) manufacturer's web site. Else look on the NIC's manufacturer's site. For the latter you may have to physically uninstall the NIC, run the setup program, and then physically install the NIC (there should be instructions).

Above assumes there is a device in Device Manager that's missing a driver.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-does-not-recognize-network-adapter.1067107/
Relevancy 85.57%

my power flickered off and on really quick and when my pc came back up, the internet would not work. after investigating i found out that the network adapter is missing from the device manager. i have tried to re-download drivers for my network adapter/mobo and this has not solved my problem. i have also set my pc back to a date in the past and it didnt work either. i do not know what else it could be other than my on board network card is faulty. ty.

A:network adapter missing from device manager

It sounds like the power problem tweaked your board a bit.

Have you tried clearing the cmos on the board?

Make sure you write down all the important bios settings before you clear the cmos and put them back to how it was before. If you built your own machine this should be fairly easy for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/221618-network-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey, guys. This is my first time posting on this website. I really need help. I have a Dell XPS m1210. My friend just reinstalled my Laptop because a virus messed it up and now I cant go online. I tried installing all the drivers from the Dell's website but I still cant view the network adapter under device manager. I saw many posts about this problem on this website but I still can't fix the problem. When i clicked on the device manager, there is no network adapter section. It seems to disappear. I don't know what to do especially since I'm a computer illiterate. Please help you guys and thanks in advance

A:Solved: No Network Adapter under Device Manager

This sounds unlikely but I can only suggest that the adapter must be missing in BIOS. Restart and tap Delete or Function 2 key to go into BIOS or Setup menus, seek out the network adapter and enable it. Save the changes and you should see the adapter in Device Manager and the driver at Dell's site. If you key in the Service Tag reference, you'll get the drivers for the precise equipment they installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-network-adapter-under-device-manager.970550/
Relevancy 85.14%

My Ethernet is not showing up in device manager or Network Connections. I've checked the bios and it is enabled. I've also tried to install the drivers, but at the end of the install this error message pops up " the Realtek Network Controller was not found. If Deep sleep mode is enabled please plug the cable"

The Mobo is a ASUS P7h55-m if that helps. Also It Is Windows 7 64 bit

A:Ethernet not Showing up in device manager or Network connections

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=P7H55-M&SLanguage=en-us

try the download manger to auto detect your board , several bios updates there also worth a read through one for LAN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ethernet-not-showing-up-in-device-manager-or-network-connections.978743/
Relevancy 84.71%

Just reformatted my alienware laptop because I haven't used it in months. Now I don't even see "Network Adapter" listed under device manager so when trying to install the driver i don't think it had any effect. Suggestions? Running m15x windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Sony Vaio VGNFW D that runs with Windows Vista Ever since I got this computer about yrs ago I have had problems with it suddenly disconnecting from the internet When this happens it could never detect any wireless networks and I would have to restart the computer to temporarily solve the problem It usually happened after the computer was in hibernation Yesterday this Device Wireless Missing Manager Adapter Network Is From happened again only this time restarting the computer did not solve the problem When I could not connect to a network I clicked on quot Diagnose why Windows cannot find any additional networks quot and it said quot Install wireless networking hardware and verify that the correct drivers are loaded quot I went onto the Sony website to download the Intel Wifi link AGN wireless LAN Driver and updates The download Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager was not successful and I received a message indicating that the latest updates of this driver were already installed in my computer I spoke with different representatives at Sony and they were no help They only directed me to links that had steps to finding out what my problem was which I followed with no success Most of the steps included enabling the adapter in the device manager uninstalling and reinstalling the driver etc I could not do any of these things because the driver Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager does not appear in the device manager at all I am hoping that there is someone that has heard of this happening before so that I can get a solution to this problem It is not convenient to have an ethernet cable running through my entire house Thank you nbsp

A:Wireless Network Adapter Is Missing From Device Manager

The wireless adapter does not appear under Network Adapters in Device Manager and there are no warnings or errors anywhere in Device Manager, right?

Check in you BIOS (Setup) to see if it somehow got disabled there.

If you can access the adapter through a cover on the bottom of the laptop remove and carefully and firmly reinsert the card three or four times (this will usually wipe any possible corrosion off the contacts).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-adapter-is-missing-from-device-manager.1013799/
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi I own a Acer Aspire S - ultrabook I accidentally installed the wrong drivers yesterday while updating the device drivers as I ran into internet trouble and diagnostics said there seems to be a problem and Device Not shown Network in Manager Detected Adapter Not with either the drivers or hardware Ever since the system is unable to detect my network adapter It should be an Atheros Network Adapter Not Detected and Not shown in Device Manager ar bwb adapter When I boot the system there was a big red X and no connection so I ran diagnostics and it said I didn't have the drivers the incorrect drivers installed over the old one In Device manager unfortunately neither the old nor new wrong drivers are displayed so I tried to uninstall the Atheros installation program to remove the wrong drivers That ran into trouble as the wrong drivers could not be uninstalled because it was unable to locate the network card for the wrong drivers So I downloaded the correct driver from the Acer website and ran setup Setup could not be completed because it says my network adapter is unplugged Followed a few different links on this site including the IP reset in this post http www sevenforums com network-s but-s-not html Also disabled uninstalled and removed Bonjour With IPconfig as I'm using a USB wireless adapter temporarily it shows Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes With the USB Adapter unplugged and no wireless connection IPConfig all Does not show any headings with the word Wireless nor LAN I installed HWVendorDetect from Acer and running that it detected a network adapter from Atheros However the adapter is not shown in Device Manager and there are no unknown other devices and no yellow question marks Is there anything else I can try please

A:Network Adapter Not Detected and Not shown in Device Manager

Hello and welcome HK mate it took some finding as I didn't know if ultrabooks were not notebooks

Anyway here are the drivers for the WLAN I would try the latest one.
Acer | Driver Download

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345210-network-adapter-not-detected-not-shown-device-manager.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello,My network adapter suddenly stopped working...Yesterday everything was OK, today I booted my laptop with ethernet cable p?ugged in, but I couldn't acces the Internet.I haven't installed any updates.LED lights near ethernet port blinks (white continous light, amber blinking).I've checked Device Manager - my network adapter disapeared. No hidden device (bessie those Microsoft study), no exclamation marks.I was using ethernet cable because my wifi card is probably damaged (I couldn't get the WiFi to work - orange light on F12 and no wifi adapter in Device manager).Pinging localhost gives some results.Also while booted into Linux the network is not working - no device in lspci or ifconfig...

A:No network adapter in device manager - ethernet LED blinks

Hallo Derics, This sound really strange. Try go to start and press on search on files and programs. Search for Recovery manager. If you have that program on the computer there should be a tab with reinstall Drivers and softwares or Software and Programs. Please find your LAN + Wifi driver there and check if that help by installing this drivers again. Thanks please let me know if you have any problems.

Best regardsZincasI am an HP notebook technician.Please click ?Accept as Solution ? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-network-adapter-in-device-manager-ethernet-LED-blinks/td-p/5615565
Relevancy 84.71%

hi all
i connect my laptop to internet everything is fine but after an hour or more i loose the connection then i check the device manager and find out that the wireless network adapter has completely disappeared from the window. i can't get it back right away.
Q: how can u explain that?
Q: haw can i get it back cause i went on "action" then searched for the changes then nothing teh system doesn't detects any new connected device.
any 1 with an answer so how to deal with this prob cause it's occurring very frequently these last couple o'days.
tnx

A:wireless network adapter disappears from device manager

Hey hubi , I'd suggest you to go to "Device manager" > click on "Network Adapters >Action>Add legacy hardware.
OR
Download "SlimDriver" that will check and automatically download the removed driver, let me know ...

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/119897-wireless-network-adapter-disappears-device-manager.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi. I am having a major issue with my Acer Z1801 all-in-one desktop. All of a sudden wireless connectivity dropped out, and wireless adapter has disappeared entirely from the device manager. Network troubleshooting doesn't give me an option for wireless connection, so no selection to enable it. WLAN card is a Raling RT3090 according to the label on the computer. There doesn't appear to be an easy way to open the casing to reset the card. I've reset recommended BIOS to no effect. I've reinstalled drivers to no effect. Running Windows 7 Home Premium. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Relevancy 84.71%

I recently reformatted my primary HD and have come back to realize than my PC is not longer able to detect my Ethernet cable.
I've tried to sort this problem out from device manager but network adapter no longer shows up.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 84.71%

I recently purchased a computer from a private seller. The computer wont connect to the internet because there is no network adapter driver. I have tried finding it in Device Manager and the icon is not there. what do I do? I don't know a lot about computers but I will try to give as much information as needed.

A:Missing Network adapter icon in device manager

If the driver isn't installed, it would show up under "Other devices". If it doesn't show up there, then there are two possibilities:

1) If it's an add-on adapter (not built into the motherboard) it could be poorly connected, or the slot could be bad.
2) The adapter is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/395638-missing-network-adapter-icon-device-manager.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Windows Professional Bit Thing is my computer can't get connected to internet I don't really know when this started but I've already re-installed windows completely deleting all previous data and i am still with the same problem light Manager.No on hub adapters No ethernet Device on showing network re-installed also motherboard drivers but nothing Looking in some forums i tried the following to solve this in cmd reset TCP IP with netsh int ip reset resetlog txt reset WINSOCK netsh winsock reset catalog None solved it Also i tried in cmd as i saw in forums --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ping What does this mean pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed General Failure PING transmit failed General Failure PING transmit failed General Failure PING transmit failed General Failure Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ipconfig all Host Name nicoPC Primary Dns Suffix quot empty quot Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ping Yahoo ping request could not find host Yahoo please check the name and try again ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks in No network adapters showing on Device Manager.No light on ethernet hub advance Please help me

A:No network adapters showing on Device Manager.No light on ethernet hub

Welcome to the forums nikosaqui !

When you look in Device Manager, do you see any yellow triangles with exclamation marks? When did this problem start? Have you tried a system restore to a point before this started?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/314973-no-network-adapters-showing-device-manager-no-light-ethernet-hub.html
Relevancy 83.42%

network adapter(LAN or connection to modem) missing from device manager...cant uninstall it or reintall it...i tried using networkadaptersfix which i forget where i dloaded it from...and now there's network adapter in device manager but there's a question mark and it says it's not working properly...i tried to uninstal it but it says it is needed....without it i cant connect my pc to the modem and LAN with my laptop....there's one more thing, i cant connect to my modem via cable even with my laptop.but i can connect with USB...so there are 2 problems here..the LAN/modem connection socket of my pc and modem..how do i fix these problems??

A:network adapter(LAN or connection to modem) missing from device manager!.help!

Is this onboard Lan?
If you have the motherboard cd then the driver should on it.
If not download the driver from the motherboard makers website.
If you are not sure of the make and model of your board, download Everest
http://www.majorgeeks.com/search.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-lan-or-connection-to-modem-missing-from-device-manager-help.556428/
Relevancy 83.42%

i recently had to replace my hdd and put windows xp on it after install i tried to get internet to work and i have nothing in my internet connections. my device manger has no network adapter drop menu and my motherboard driver will not install and give the error message thr nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware setup will now exit. i have ben trying to fix for 2 days to no avail pls help!

Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 and uninstalled the driver for my wireless network adapter (Atheros AR9285) because it wasn't working properly. Now, the adapter won't work AT ALL. I updated the driver via ethernet, and Device Manager says that the adapter is working fine, however Windows is acting like I don't even have a wireless adapter. What's do I do?!

A:Device manager says that wireless network adapter is fine and windows won't use it

How did you update the driver? Did you get it from the manufacturer? Other sources should not be trusted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-says-that-wireless-network-adapter-is-fine-and-windows-wont-use-it.984290/
Relevancy 83.42%

click to look for internet connection and there is a X and I click troubleshoot and this comes up: windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter driver. It is a Toshiba Satelite C655D-S5130. have searched for the driver and cant find it on the toshiba support website

A:[SOLVED] Clean install, No network adapter in device manager

If you open the Device Manager (which can be found by right clicking on My Computer and clicking Manage then selecting Devices) Does the Network card appear in there?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-clean-install-no-network-adapter-in-device-manager-606768.html
Relevancy 75.68%

There are some of devices that were mission from device manager At first there was a problem with wireless adapter I couldn't enable it I tried to reinstall drivers serveral times but it didn't fix the problem So i reformat my system times the problem is still existing It's getting worst now i can't find wireless network adapter, adapter, device items Wirelress in lan reader card manager: Hidden adapter lan network adapter and card reader in device manager It is weird that sometime the Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader wireless adapter appears in device manger those devices come back too I am quite sure that my wireless adapter hardware is ok because i did replace new wireless adapter but the problem still exist I ran some antivirus tools antimalware tools non of them return infected The weirdest issue is that my wireless adapter comes with bluetooth adapter but only bluetooth adapter can be used it works perfectly fine Could you please take a look at this problem im Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader at the deadend this is Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader the weirdest problem i ever had with my laptop and pc Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD NETWORK Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Kritparin at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Bitdefender Antivirus Enabled Updated B F -CAF -DD -C -E B SP Windows Defender Enabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Bitdefender Antispyware Enabled Updated EB F -ECC -D -FED -DC A D FW Bitdefender Firewall Enabled A D - -DCCF-EF F- E DBCD CF Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system ctfmon exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system notepad exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO IDM integration IDMIEHlprObj Class C - - B-A BF- B C A A - C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMIECC dll BHO Bitdefender Wallet DAC C - D - AB - A-B D CD A - C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender Antispam pmbxie dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C Program Files Microsoft Office root office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO Microsoft Web Test Recorder Helper DDA - - ed - D - D EC D D - C Program Files x Microsoft Visual Studio Common IDE PrivateAssemblies Microsoft VisualStudio QualityTools RecorderBarBHO dll EB Web Test Recorder D - - - CDB- B D D - uRun Bitdefender Wallet Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pmbxag exe uRun Bitdefender Wallet C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender pwdmanui exe --hidden --nowizard uRun Bitdefender Wallet Application Agent C Program Files Bitdefender Bitdefender antispam bdapppassmgr exe uRun DAEMON Tools Lite C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe -autorun uRun IDMan C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe onboot uRun AdobeBridge lt no file gt mRun THX Audio Control Panel C Program Files x Creative THX TruStudio Pro THXAudioCP THXAudio exe r mRun UpdReg C Windows UpdReg EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched C ... Read more

A:Hidden items in device manager: Wirelress adapter, lan adapter, card reader

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/518236 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518236/hidden-items-in-device-manager-wirelress-adapter-lan-adapter-card-reader/
Relevancy 74.82%

I Have a Yellow Question mark under Other devices after installing Windows Xp Pro

And The Yellow ?'s is

Multimedia Audio controller
Other PCI Bridge Device
PCI Simple communication
Sm Bus Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

What dose all this mean AKA What Did i do wrong when installing Xp Pro

A:System Properties/device manager

Looks like you just installed Windows and need the special drivers to be installed like chipset, buss, network, video, audio, and any others that are on the download or drivers disk. These are the special drivers for the motherboard and can be found at either the manufacturers web site for the computer or the motherboard you download them, burn to a cd-r and then install them in the order that I typed earlier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-properties-device-manager.644059/
Relevancy 74.82%

Software: XP Pro
Hardware: Thinkpad 600

Problem: Properties for " Crystal WDM Audiocodec " can not be saved
( or restored after restart ? ). It is possible to set all Ressources - and
work with them ( means play all kind of sounds - WAV / MP3 a.s.o )

After restarting the system - the settings are back to
" device can not be started "

I have changed all settings in the Device-Manager - and they are
saved and restored properly after restart - expect the above !

Any hint ?

Regards
Tenner

A:Device-Manager does not save all properties

Do you have the latest drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/device-manager-does-not-save-all-properties-20984.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Whenever I try to open my system properties (right click on My Computer and click on properties, or go to my control panel and click on "system". nothing happens. I tried to fix it through hijackthis, and I also deleted all the virus' on my computer. I am able to open task manager, and all my other properties, I just can't seem to get to my task manager. If anyone can help me, that would be awesome. Thanks.

Relevancy 73.96%

Hello, i have an Inspiron 17R, the webcam used to work but now it does not!
Showing not found
Going into the device manager the imput device tag is not there.
Help!
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989930
Relevancy 73.1%

I Network adapter properties could really use some help I have figured out what is causing my issue and will explain the best I can Relatively new network with wired desktop and wireless laptop through Netgear router I narrowed the issue down to Power Management of Network adapter properties the Wireless Network Adapter If the Wireless Network Adapter is set to its default properties including Power Management-- gt Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power when I fire up the laptop it connects right away but the problem is the Network Map is not correct the laptop doesn't show it's information including IPv If I manually uncheck and recheck the TCP Network adapter properties IPv box under Networking the network disconnects and reconnects and the map is good with the laptop showing its IPv address But if it goes back to sleep the next time it wakes Network adapter properties up and connects the map will be wrong So if I disable Power Management-- gt Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power the network map appears correct and the laptop shows it's IPv info problem is and it's a big one it takes one to two minutes to connect to the router So either I live with the wrong Network Map everything still is networked as I am using Homegroup or I live with a delayed connection to my wireless but the Network Map is correct This is a new laptop and I already reinstalled the Wireless Adapter there are no updates to the drivers I'm tempted to to do something related to TCP IP Perhaps reset it to default since there does seem to be some relationship to the IPv setting But I just don't know what to do at this point I'd really appreciate any help

A:Network adapter properties

Turn off that option to allow it to turn off the WiFi. If the system goes to sleep the WiFi will be turned off with it. If you are using the system you certainly don't want the WiFi to be turned off.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/249807-network-adapter-properties.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Have three win xp machines on lan will search and find all three but while two will show the lan network properties, one wont . I need the properties of the netcard to set tcp/ip and dns .
have tried uninstalling the netcard no help! uninstalled xp networking components no help.
any help please Regards Alan G

Relevancy 71.81%

Hello there I have an HP dv notebook which about an year ago began having not Wireless Device showing on Manager device serious screen problems It went black and nothing made it come back even though Windows still booted sounds came up and everything After almost an year repairing and Intel motherboards later the technician found out the problem was on the dedicated graphics card memory and put an AMD motherboard on my notebook which didn't have dedicated graphics memory anymore So now my notebook is recognized by HP automatic product detection as Wireless device not showing on Device Manager a dv us one Plus my graphics card is now shown as a GeForce Go I bought it as a GeForce GS Since then the PC has been working flawlessly except for now Last night I was using the notebook turned it off and went to sleep Now I turned it on once again it simply can't detect the wireless device It's like it doesn't exists I never changed the position of the notebook or anything to say the card moved or something internally I check the Device Manager and there's no sign of the adapter It only shows the local ethernet adapter wired connection working flawlessly as I'm writing right now from it and bluetooth adapter And yes the light on the wireless switch on my notebook is blue which means turned on I tried putting it to off orange and then on again blue but it doesn't works All that happens is that windows quot disconnected quot sound like when you remove an USB device when I turn it off I have tried downloading the drivers from HP support webpage but it also doesn't work Not even automatic hardware detection detects it I have no idea what to do Please please someone give me an useful tip for this one Thanks

A:Wireless device not showing on Device Manager

Weird one. Could u try a system restore to a previous good working state? Given all that you've done -- correctly -- I wonder if the internal wireless card is simply kaput? Could you perhaps purchase a usb wireless dongle such as:
http://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7718...3328140&sr=1-3

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/83515-wireless-device-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all The from Manager Adapter' Device 'Device (XP) missing quot Display adapter quot option is missing from my Device Manager I did re-install the OEM driver but it didn t help I am mystified as to how to get it to show up I would like to install a new video card and I suspect I must first resolve this software problem 'Device Adapter' missing from Device Manager (XP) already tried the card with no luck I had made some tweaks to WinXP some 'Device Adapter' missing from Device Manager (XP) months ago in an effort to optimize it I don t remember what I did but I suspect that might have something to do with it I have looked through Microsoft and HP Compaq support sites with no luck Any info I found seems to talk about using the Display Adapter to make changes not how to revive it My stock video drivers are loaded and working Again I just don t know how to get Display Adapter to re-appear and working in Device Manager I ran a diagnostic app called AIDA Here are screen grabs of my Windows Devices Physical Devices Device Resources Windows Video Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this issue Any and all suggestions are appreciated My System Specs WinXP Home Ed SP installed System Compaq Presario SR NX Processor AMD Athlon XP Processor Speed MHz BIOS KM RAM MB Video Controller VIA S G UniChrome Graphics Video Memory on board MB Cheers Mark nbsp

Relevancy 71.38%

When I click on the properties tab for my NIC in Workstation 4.0 I get "cannot configure software component" message, how do I resolve this? I am trying to figure out my network settings. IE: Full or Half Duplex.

A:Network Adapter Properties {Moved to Networking}

This isn't a tip or trick. I'm going to transfer this over to the Networking forum.
Check for updates there

Well, I can't seem to move it. I've alerted TechGuy and this thread will be moved shortly.

[This message has been edited by ich (edited 08-29-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapter-properties-moved-to-networking.29049/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi Team,

I have a problem with my Local Area Connection. I have installed the driver correctly and can access the internet also. But when I go to Open Network and sharing center -> change adapter setting -> I can not see Local Area Connection icon appear. My OS is windows 7, HP System.

A:Local area connection is not showing in network properties

Welcome to Seven forums mail.

Can you please post a picture of Device manager and a picture in the adapter settings where your local area connection should be?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/331350-local-area-connection-not-showing-network-properties.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Whenever I select my wireless adapter right click and choose quot Properties quot the properties window freezes and results Viewing freezing. properties network adapter a in along with Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. it the explorer Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing. window Some time ago I had disabled a bunch of services some of which were related to networking I had done so because they were causing intensive CPU use problems while they were being loaded I realize now I should of set them to manual and I have set as many as I can remember to manual but the problem still exist Is there something else I could try to undo this problem and aside from this everything else works fine with no internet or network problems nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by vpwin Name --Description ----Status ------Startup Type --------Log On As ActiveX Installer AxInstSV --Provides User Account Control validation for the installation of ActiveX controls from the Internet and enables management of ActiveX control installation based on Group Policy settings This service is started on demand and if disabled the installation of ActiveX controls will behave according to default browser settings ------Manual --------Local System Adaptive Brightness --Monitors ambient light sensors to detect changes in ambient light and adjust the display brightness If this service is stopped or disabled the display brightness will not adapt to lighting conditions ------Manual --------Local Service Adobe LM Service --AdobeLM Service ------Manual --------Local System Akamai NetSession Interface --Provides networking protocol and file transfer technologies If the service is stopped those applications that depend on the service may fail to transfer files or otherwise function properly ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Apple Mobile Device --Provides the interface to Apple mobile devices ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Application Experience --Processes application compatibility cache requests for applications as they are launched ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Identity --Determines and verifies the identity of an application Disabling this service will prevent AppLocker from being enforced ------Manual --------Local Service Application Information --Facilitates the running of interactive applications with additional administrative privileges If this service is stopped users will be unable to launch applications with the additional administrative privileges they may require to perform desired user tasks ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Application Layer Gateway Service --Provides support for rd party protocol plug-ins for Internet Connection Sharing ----Started ------Manual --------Local Service avast Antivirus --Manages and implements avast antivirus services for this computer This includes the resident protection the virus chest and the scheduler ----Started ------Automatic --------Local System Background Intelligent Transfer Service --Transfers files in the background using idle network bandwidth If the service is disabled then any applications that depend on BITS such as Windows Update or MSN Explorer will be unable to automatically download programs and other information ----Started ------Manual --------Local System Base Filtering Engine --The Base Filtering Engine BFE is a service that manages firewall and Internet Protocol security IPsec policies and implements user mode filtering Stopping or disabling the BFE service will significantly reduce the security of the system It will also result in unpredictable behavior in IPsec management and firewall applications ----Started ------Automatic --------Local Service BitLocker Drive Encryption Service --BDESVC hosts the BitLocker Drive Encryption service BitLocker Drive Encryption provides secure startup for the operating system as well as full volume encryption for OS fixed or removable volumes This service... Read more

A:Viewing a network adapter properties results in freezing.

Can you share with us your list of services, and if they are enabled/manual/disabled or whatever. We may notice one more that might need to be enabled.

Once that's ruled out we can look at other causes? Any suggestions any1?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/91559-viewing-network-adapter-properties-results-freezing.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My girlfriend recently found out that her laptop was supposed to be a touchscreen device, but has not been able to use the functionality. I went thru a few troubleshooting steps to try and potentially fix the problem but the touchscreen doesn't even show up on the Device Manager under HID. I have been trying to find some potential drivers for the touchscreen for this device but I have not had any luck. Are there any drivers? Could the screen have been replaced with a non touch one and windows is recognizing it and doesn't even allow for the drivers to be used? TIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HID-not-showing-up-in-Device-Manager/td-p/5735900
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,
I recently cleaned the registry, deleted some AOL components, and updated from AVG 7.5 to AVG 8.5 then noticed I could not get on the Internet. When I opened the Device Manager, nothing was showing in the list. How do I bring it back!?!

A:nothing showing in Device Manager

Try this:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311504

edit: if that doesn't fix it, do this;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953791/en-us

edit again: and if you use Norton;

[http://solutions.symantec.com/sdccom...080530144453EN

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/nothing-showing-in-device-manager-361578.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1, on an HP G60-120US laptop.  I have an Atheros AR5009 wireless adapter.
I have no problems with internet access.  However, in Network and Sharing Center I left click on "change adapter settings", right click on Wireless Network Connection, and then left click on Properties I get an error box that says "An unexpected error occurred."  I tried to do a clean boot using MSCONFIG but that did not work.  I tried to uncheck the "Load startup items" box but after restarting it was shaded solid again.  I then tried to check the "Diagnostic Startup" radio button and then click on "apply" but it jumps right back to selective startup.  Can you please help me clean my laptop?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603920/cant-change-wireless-adapter-properties-in-network-connections-windows-7/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I recently updated the driver for this network adapter, went from version 18.8 to 21.0. When I go to Device Manager > Network Adapters > Intel Ethernet Connection I217-V, it seems like the properties window for that adapter takes about 5-6 seconds to open and certain tabs like General/Link Speed/Advanced/Power Management/Teaming/VLANs take a few seconds to load after clicking on them.

Is this normal? I can't remember if the window for this adapter was faster loading on previous versions of the driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/397706-intel-i217-v-network-adapter-properties-slow-open.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Replaced the wireless nic in a presario v6000 running windows 7. Cannot see device in device manager. External wireless adapter works but would really like the internal card to function. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Device not showing in Device manager

What are the steps you took to perform the installation? Did you install drivers? Is it enabled in BIOS?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/device-not-showing-in-device-manager-564310.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Monitor not showing up in device manager? It has just been recognised as a default - in display properties.

can't find anywhere to try and update drivers - I have the drivers ready and waiting.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Relevancy 69.23%

Hi, Recently I did reset my HP dm4 notebook to factory defaults setting and noticed that CD/DVD drive is not appearing in windows explorer "my computer". When I checked in Device Manager, there also I do not find it. When I push the eject button the drive opens though.  I ran the find and fix problems utility in control panel and the following message appeared "Problems found: Hardware changes might not have detected -- detected  !" I'd checked the registry if there are any upper/lower filter keys...there aren't any. I ran the command "sfc /scannow" in command prompt (admin) and checked again in device manager, but no luck. Does this mean my CD/DVD drive is gone OR can be fixed? if it can be fixed, how?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/DVD-drive-not-showing-in-Device-manager/td-p/5804632
Relevancy 69.23%

Needless to say from the thread title, I only have one mouse and one keyboard plugged-in. Everything works correctly, but was just curious if there's any particular reason why this is happening.

A:Why does device manager showing duplicates?

I believe what you are showing us is the Devices & Printers window. It would be interesting to see if the devices show twice in the Device Manager (Start > Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Device Manager)

I've seen this happen when 2 different drivers are installed for the same device: one is a generic Windows driver that gets installed when Windows discovers new hardware and installs the driver for it, and a second when the user installs the manufacturer's driver afterward. This should not happen, but sometimes it does. I suspect poorly written driver software.

Since this is a mouse and keyboard you could experiment with removing one of each. You will not be offered the option to remove a working mouse or keyboard in Devices and Printers, but the doppelganger may show the Remove Device option.

If that is not an option then let us know what you find in the Device Manager. Particularly under Properties > Driver that might give a clue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290408-why-does-device-manager-showing-duplicates.html
Relevancy 69.23%

It has just been recognised as a default - in display properties.

can't find anywhere to try and update drivers - I have the drivers ready and waiting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Monitor not showing up in device manager?

In Control Panel go to Display. On the last Tab, Settings, go to Advanced, then you will see a tab called Monitor. Click on Properties, then Driver and you will be able to view and change drivers there.

(Yes, I know you can get there from System, but for someone who's never been there, this sometimes makes more sense.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-not-showing-up-in-device-manager.161706/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there I have a very strange thing going on here.
I have two hard drives one 1TB (which is my main hdd which I have windows 7 on) and my 500GB hard drive where my stuff is on. Now here is the strange thing, Although I can enter my C drive (via Computer) I cannot see it in disk mangement or in device Manager. Which in turn does not allow my to upgrade to a diffrent higher version of windows7 .cause the only drive that is showing is my D drive. Help would be very much accepted. Is windows 7 preventing me from making any kind of changes to my C drive?

A:hdd showing in Computer but not in device manager

You might have a permission problem with the drive :

Right click on the drive in Computer - properties - security - advanced - owner - edit - then change owner to yourself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/43547-hdd-showing-computer-but-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Two of the four USB ports in my motherboard were not working properly After plugging in any USB device it would recognize something was there try to find a driver for it but fail Manager devices USB Device up showing not in at doing so These are plug and play devices I had never had problems with before The device manager said the SM bus was not installed properly I reinstalled the chipset driver and that fixed one of the USB devices not showing up in Device Manager USB ports however one is still not working When I plug in any USB Device there is no audible ding no quot this device is not recognized quot pop-up and it isn't even showing up as 'unknown device' in the Device Manager I'm not sure what could be wrong USB devices attempted x Wired Mouse x USB thumb drives x USB external hard drive All devices are USB The malfunctioning port is USB My system Dell Inspiron s Vista Home Premium x Motherboard Model RY Socket Chipset Vendor Intel Chipset Model P G G Chipset Revision A Southbridge Vendor Intel Southbridge Model IR ICH R Southbridge Revision

A:USB devices not showing up in Device Manager

Hello, in Device manager , have you expanded the tree on the USB controllers and seen if any are showing yellow icons indicating driver issue ?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/295417-usb-devices-not-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 69.23%

W98 SE, on a reboot got Sec Slave Drive-ATAPI Incompatible error message, Press F1 to resume. I do so and system boots but my two CD drives are missing. Neither appears in Device Manager list. No lights show on either drive unit after reboot but both are powered up. Checked BIOS settings but don't really understand the meanings,
BIOA Auto Detect settings are;
Pri Master: AUTO
Pri Slave: Not installed
Sec Master: Not installed
Sec Slave: AUTO
At system reboot I see the following;
Auto-detect Pri Master = IDE Hard Drive
Auto-detect Sec Slave= ATAPI CDROM
Sec Slave Drive - ATAPI Incompatible
Press F1 to resume
Since I don't use this PC(my wifes) I'm not familiar with what might have preceded this situation. Both CD's were working fine a few weeks ago. Any suggestions to cause or solution greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 69.23%

I recently tried to plugin a connectland cl me 001 microphone with no result after trying to use the sound recorder to test it.
After trawling thru google I could find nothing that looks like my problem

the manufactures website is in French and of little use to me.
I have plugged it in to a different machine where it worked fined.
This makes me think the mike is not the problem it is also not the sound driver which I updated.
any useful comments will be appreciated thanks in advance

A:Microphone not showing in device manager

Without more PC specifications, including what sound module, we can't really offer much advice.

However, one thing I see is the "High Defintion Audio Device". That suggests the drivers for the sound hardware are not installed and only the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354581-microphone-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 69.23%

i'm using 64 bit win 7. Monitor not showing up in device manager. my monitor is samsung 2232bw. any solution ? ty

A:Monitor not showing up in device manager

Try looking at Windows 7 Launch - lenovo community

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/36149-monitor-not-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

I have a MSI GT70 2OD, I have not really ever used bluetooth, so im not sure how long I have had the problem.
Running Windows 8.1 and everything updated. My computer does not seem to realize that it has bluetooth. The computer has the Killer Bigfoot Doubleshot Lan/Wlan/Btooth card. When I look in device manager there is no bluetooth, and i guess therefor no option in windows to toggle on/off bluetooth.

In the details tab of task manager there is a btvstack running and if I go to my bluetooth folder location I can run bttray.exe and have that running in details tab, however the tray icon does not appear.

I have looked quite a bit to find that it seems to be quite a common problem and not specific to MSI however cannot find a clear solution.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/60252-no-bluetooth-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I m not sure if this issue has been covered in here yet sorry if it has I tried searching for it but the search wasn t working so here goes I installed windows bit and it is not recognizing my dvd drive It is not showing up in the device manager device in up showing manager DVD not drive or anything but does show up in the bios I have tried going into the registry and deleting the upper and lower filters disabling driver signature enforcement upon startup and entering quot bcdedit set loadoptions DDISABLE INTEGRITY CHECKS quot in command prompt but nothing worked I ended up trying to boot from cdrom on startup and was able to to do that I opened the drive took out the windows disc restarted the computer and windows finally detected my dvd drive and everything was DVD drive not showing up in device manager fine I eventually restarted the computer and now it is not detecting the drive again Has anyone else run in to this or know what I can do to fix it Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-not-showing-up-in-device-manager.853008/
Relevancy 69.23%

i am creating a local network of just 2 PCs. 1st one is using windows 7 OS and the 2nd one is using windows 8.1 . Error i am facing is when i click on TCP/IP(v4) properties in 2nd PC(win 8.1 pc) it says that ""In order to configure TCP/IP, you
must install and enable a network adapter card.". 1st pc is working fine and showing shared drives and files in network but 2nd PC is not showing anything in network because id donot allow me to configure IP settings. 
Please Note that i have also connected WiFi connection to my 2nd PC and that connection is working fine and showing all the TCP/IP Properties correctly without showing any error. 
I have disabled Network adapter in Device manager and installed again but nothing happens. 
Help me in this Please
Thank you!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2990769a-8c77-41b4-9f7a-3dc0ae0c39e7/error-while-opening-local-network-properties-in-windows-81-ampquotin-order-to-configure-tcpip?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 68.8%

This is a desktop PC with Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Up until yesterday the PC had perfect internet access via ethernet When I came to use it last night - no access The situation The sys tray icon has a red cross and mouse over produces Not connected - no connections are available The network Adapter is a Realtek PCIe Solved: and not Centre Network Adapter Network in Sharing showing GBE Family Controller and is showing in Device Manager and according to the properties is working correctly The network diagnostics troubleshooter finds the following - Windows could not automatically detect this network s proxy settings When I open Network and Sharing Centre and then click on Change Adapter Solved: Network Adapter not showing in Network and Sharing Centre Settings there is nothing showing in the Network Connection If I click on Connect to a network I get No connections available If I click on Set Solved: Network Adapter not showing in Network and Sharing Centre up a new connection I get Windows did not detect any networking hardware What I have tried I have uninstalled the network adapter from device manager and then reinstalled it Still showing as ok I have run netsh int ip reset quot and quot netsh winsock reset quot I have downloaded and installed the latest adapter drivers I noticed a Windows Critical update had been done at so I restored the system to before that update I restored further back than that update to two days previously None of the above worked and I m not sure what else to try Has the actual hardware failed or is there something else I can do nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

In the device manager I have only the Nvidia 9800M drivers and no Intel VGA drivers. I vaguely remember there being Intel VGA drives as well when I revived the computer. I have done a Gateway system restore and the the Device manager has the display adapter listed as Nvidia 9800M with no Intel VGA.

When I try to install Intel VGA UMA from the driver disk it says my computer does not meet the requirements and shuts down the installation program.

Any help would be wonderful.

A:VGA adapter missing in Device Manager

Hi thenerrus,

If you have a display on your laptop, the VGA is working. I seriously doubt you have two different video cards in that lap because they're not usually built that way, unless you had another on installed. The information you provided says you have an Nvidia card as your video adapter, trying to install the Intel drivers and having them fail also says you only have an Nvidia adapter installed.

So, unless you installed another video card or unsure what card you have installed in the laptop, I would suggest you look up your systems specs from the notebook manufacture and see what card is installed on the machine.

Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/238746-vga-adapter-missing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, my Wireless adapter is not in Device Manager. Currently im using Hp pavilion tx1000. Recently, I have formated my laptop, and i cant get my wireless work installed. I have been to hp website to get the latest wireless setup to install, but it still not able to function.
Even if I turn off and on again my wireless device, the laptop cannot detect my wireless adapter and make auto installation. The wireless is Broadband 802.11. Is that my wireless adaptor hardware get spoiled? I have tried a lot of wireless setup, but it still not able to work. Any suggestion my friend..

A:Wireless adapter not in Device Manager

Originally Posted by Likshen

Hi, my Wireless adapter is not in Device Manager. Currently im using Hp pavilion tx1000. Recently, I have formated my laptop, and i cant get my wireless work installed. I have been to hp website to get the latest wireless setup to install, but it still not able to function.
Even if I turn off and on again my wireless device, the laptop cannot detect my wireless adapter and make auto installation. The wireless is Broadband 802.11. Is that my wireless adaptor hardware get spoiled? I have tried a lot of wireless setup, but it still not able to work. Any suggestion my friend..

Hi,
Have you gone into device manager and choose view
"all hidden" ?

Can you see your adapter? as in pic I posted
If so, uninstall and reboot

also, here is a way to contact HP Contact HP - Phone assistance

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/222186-wireless-adapter-not-device-manager.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I have a geforce mx 4000 128 mb video card. I just installed Service pack 2 on windows xp professional.

After the install was done the picture quality was degraded and when i checked device amanager there was no display adapters. I can still get a 1200+ resolution but screens are choppy.

I reinstalled drivers from nvdia cd. The install was successful but nothing seemed to change. Still no display adapter in deveice manager.

I downloaded the latest drivers and got an error saying no compaible nvidia device was found on my computer.

I reseated the video card and that did no good.

What should I do next? Has this happeed to other people. I really need SP2 for asp.net 2.0 development (it is required for visual studio and sql server 2005), but the graphics quality is unacceptable and none of my games will run.

Medal of honor can't open OpenGL graphics and crashes. Please help!

Justin

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi,
Just a while ago, i downloaded a set of wireless drivers for my Dell inspiron N5110 laptop computer. I restarted the computer but no wireless icon showed up in the system tray. So off i went to the Device manager - Network adapters and then No wireless adapter found.
If the adapter is disabled, how can you turn it on? I tried the fn+F2 hotkeys but no change.
I need Help asap.
Thanks a lot.
King

Relevancy 68.8%

I just got myself a new pc for my room Everything runs good the gfx No adapter display in manager. device card is intergrated No display adapter in device manager. with the motherboard which is asus M A-VM Its dual core gigs of ram I Just too my recently bought gfx card out of my other pc which is pretty much the same as the pc i just explained except i dont think the motherboard is asus Anyways when ever i insert my gfx card Radean X pro pci express into the new pc i got and start up the pc it loads up with no display adapter group in the device manager So I stick in my cd that came with the gfx card and try installing the display driver for it and no it doesnt work it says Something about installing a simple vga driver and to try again I would reinstall my chipset drivers but Since i got this pc from my friend for free i dont got no disc for it which would include chipset drivers like my older pc did i would think Iv went to the asus site and downloaded the proper chipset drivers for my motherboard and still after installing them no change It wont read my gfx card for some reason Im thinking it must be tho since i got my monitor plugged into it and it works fine just says the monitor is on default I dont know what to do iv tryed meny different things Any ideas of how to fix this are welcome nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

I'm trying to get my SIXAXIS wireless controller to work with my laptop, but I am unable to find "Bluetooth radio" under my device manager. Is there a way to install these drivers? Or are they supposed to be native with windows?

I'm using Windows XP SP2.

A:Bluetooth Radio not showing in device manager

You might be able to get it to work using a USB cable. Bluetooth drivers are not native to XP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-radio-not-showing-in-device-manager.106190/
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm using a windows pavilion g laptop Long story short I wanted to have realtek HD audio on my computer mainly for the cool audio effects that come with it because the audio drivers that came with my computer don't have those effects Nonetheless I installed realtek HD audio hoping it would install and i could simply change the audio settings to use realtek instead of in manager up device not showing HD Realtek audio the ones on my computer once the installation was complete and after i rebooted and everything I couldn't find the driver for realtek So i went into sound video and game controllers under device manager and didn't find the realtek driver listed only the two audio drivers that came with my computer The two audio drivers that came with my computer are as follows AMD high definition audio device and IDT high definition audio device CODEC I tried to uninstall them and just reboot but my computer ended up automatically reinstalling those devices anyway I don't get it It's like my computer can't recognize the realtek driver or something At this point I'm not even sure if my computer will allow that kind of audio device PLEASE HELP

A:Realtek HD audio not showing up in device manager

You list IDT High Definition Audio. This is your PC's sound "card". You can't install RealTek as there is no RealTek audio chip. You can ONLY use IDT drivers, and the Vendor (HP) supplied drivers are the preferred.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/26560-realtek-hd-audio-not-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ive got two optical drives, a CDROM and DVDROM, they are both on the same IDE channel.

I was having problems with the DVD ROM showing up under "My Computer" so I had a look around and checked everything was set up correctly, DVDROM is on the Master and the CDROM is on the Slave, the little connectors are on the correct things and everything is physically setup correct.

I was looking through device manager and noticed that the DVD ROM isnt showing up under "DVD/CD-ROM Drives" but I did have something else, under "Disk Drives" there is a third device with my two existing hard drives, this is labeled "SCSI Disk Device".

Looks like my DVDROM is showing up as a hard disk :/ Ive got no idea how to fix this. Hoped that some of you might

Relevancy 68.37%

Hello All - First off thank you so much for you assistance and removal tools I caught the XP Recovery malware a month ago and all of your tutorials saved me Now however I awoke to a new issue - No internet connection on my DELL PC There is no LAN listed under quot Network Connections quot and all attempts to start one fail none showing In device manager all of my network adapters in manager port No COM1 device showing have the yellow quot quot warning I have attempted to install a new driver from intel for my PRO VE network adapter but receive the quot Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code quot Also the PORTS COM amp LPT only show when I select hidden devices Also the TCP IP Protocol Driver then appears in the Non Plug and Play divers also with the yellow tag I have tried to uninstall and re-install the tcpip sys file using both methods in these forums but without a LAN listed I cannot get the general protocol process to erase the current tcpip sys No COM1 port showing in device manager file No COM1 port showing in device manager from the registry As a precaution that this might be a lingering effect of XP recovery No COM1 port showing in device manager I have run RKIll TDSSKiller and Malwarebytes updated more than days old with nothing detected Please help I have been away on vacation with the system off only to come back to this

A:No COM1 port showing in device manager

The COM and LPT ports are unrelated to your network. You say that the network adapters all have a yellow exclamation point next to them (not a question mark, right?) An exclamation point indicates that Windows recognizes the device, but for some reason is having difficulties with it.

First, check your computer's support page on Dell.com and download the latest drivers for your network adapter (even if they're the same version as what you already have. Save them somewhere handy but don't install them yet.

In the device manager, right click on the network adapter and select "Uninstall" to uninstall the current software. Agree to any prompts asking to confirm, and then reboot. Windows may automatically detect and install the drivers again. If it doesn't, then install the driver you just downloaded. Reboot again and see if the network adapter is now functioning normally.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404720/no-com1-port-showing-in-device-manager/
Relevancy 68.37%

Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Wasn't clear to me which one was correct.

I have the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme motherboard. One of its features is onboard Bluetooth.

I have it enabled in BIOS. I flashed my BIOS to the latest version, I updated my chipset to the latest driver. I installed the latest Bluetooth driver. I started Bluetooth Support Service in Windows Services.

I've tried disabling Bluetooth in BIOS then enabling it.

I have never once seen anything in my computer that hinted at Bluetooth whatsoever. No Bluetooth Radios in Device Manager or anything Bluetooth related.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
16 GB RAM

I have never tried to use it so I don't know if it ever worked before, but I have no system restore points set anyway, so that test isn't viable.

A:Bluetooth not working or showing up in Device Manager

It looks like a lot of people are having this problem with that motherboard.

One solution was to remove and reconnect the Bluetooth dongle from the motherboard port after installing the driver (yes it is removable, but it clips into the port).

Another was to make sure that the Bluetooth service was enabled in Windows.

Another solution that worked was posted by Necrosan over at ROG:"You need to install AI Suite II - specifically the Mobilink component - on your PC. (You can obtain the most recent version from the R4E ASUS website.)
Turn on bluetooth, pair the phone, open RC bluetooth, hit menu->devices. Choose previously paired device.
At this point it should "just work" if you are about 1-3 feet away from your computer. Any more distance than that and you likely will experience issues. (Yes, the range really does suck this bad.)

I just tested these exact instructions and they worked fine. Feel free to ask any follow up questions.
Enjoy. "
But I think that last one was only if it shows up in Device Manager but does not connect. Can't be sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/368602-bluetooth-not-working-showing-up-device-manager.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Motherboard: M2N-SLI Deluxe
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4094MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition
Manufacturer: XFX
ISSUE:

I just bought a second XFX 260 same make and model which i am trying to set up in SLI mode. When hooking up the cards to the motherboard i have power to the cards and both fans do work on them. but the second card is not showing up in device manager and I am unable to get it seen. I have tested both cards by them selves and seen no issue with either card. I didnt know if there was a jumper or something in bios i needed to disable. I did check bios and was unable to find anything. I was wondering if any one has any other suggestions

A:Device Manager not showing 2nd SLI Video Card

Did you connect the SLI bridge between the two cards?

Make sure you are running the latest nVidia provided drivers for Windows 8: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/49948 as the nVidia Control Pabnel is where you need to enable SLI.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/device-manager-not-showing-2nd-sli-video-card.1080967/
Relevancy 68.37%

I have a Lenovo Z laptop I had the in Showing Manager Device Driver Not Touchpad Alps touchpad driver installed from the Lenovo's driver page Drivers and software - IdeaPad Z Notebook however I noticed multiple times that the driver would stop working and the touchpad would not be useable I took me a while to notice because I always use a USB mouse instead of the touchpad mouse To fix the install instead of reinstalling the driver from leonvo's website I first Uninstalled the driver from the Device Manager and I also selected the option quot Delete the driver software for this device quot After restart Windows didn't reinstall the generic driver nor was I seeing any error in the Device Manger My Touchpad Driver Not Showing in Device Manager touchpad driver is not showing up at all I reinstalled the driver from Lenovo's page It says quot installed successfully quot however after reboot the driver is still not present The touchpad driver is not showing in the device manager at all What do I do

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45037-touchpad-driver-not-showing-device-manager.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi! I have a HP Pavillion N047TX. It has a 2GB Graphics card. The sticker on the laptop shows that it is a Radeon Graphics but I can see it nowhere in my device manager. I tried downloading AMD Auto Detect but it also says that there is no driver detected. Somebody please help regarding how to enable the graphics driver for using it. I even tried re installing windows but in vain. I want it to be my primary driver. The only thing I can see in device manager under Display Adapters is Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000. Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Radeon-Graphics-not-showing-in-Device-Manager/td-p/5635880