Windows Support Forum

Burning To DVD Questions.

Q: Burning To DVD Questions.

Hi I just want to say that if this is the wrong spot to post this then am really sorry Ok now right to business To DVD Burning Questions. I just recently purchased a DVD burner and I have a bunch Burning To DVD Questions. of AVI files that I want to burn into a DVD disc but its seems to be more tricky than I expected I have heard that in order to burn an AVI file to a DVD disc you must first convert it to an Mpeg- file VOB Ok so this is my question I have Nero Express so I was wondering does Nero do the conversion Or do I need to find another software that converts my AVI to an Mpeg- and then take the Mpeg- file and burn it with Nero or do I take the AVI file and leave it as it is and let Nero do all the work Do any of that affect the file quality wise I just hope you guys understand my questions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Burning To DVD Questions.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Burning To DVD Questions.

Nero will convert the .avi file to a dvd format by it self, but it can take a while. For me on average, it takes 1hr to convert and burn. Before you burn it, you can choose the quality settings (using the more options button), but IMO you should leave it at Automatic.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-to-dvd-questions.53250/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi again I ve been using Roxio Easy CD Creator v d to burn data and audio CDs on a Win XP machine up until recently when it started making more and more coasters out of the audio CDs It doesn t matter if I copy from another CD from the HD or from downloaded audio files it still fails every time It got progressively worse - first it was in were failing then CD burning questions in now out CD burning questions of discs fail They tend to burn so far like of the way and then it spits the CD out Sometimes there are visible gaps between burned sections of audio I ve tried a CD burning questions few things to fix it but to CD burning questions no avail - it doesn t matter if you burn at speed or speed it fails just the same The test prior to the burn often fails too with Buffer Underruns plus other errors However it still works absolutely fine when burning data CDs Plus on our other PC with the same version of Easy CD and Windows audio CDs burn fine the majority of the time I d expect the occasional coaster So I tried using WMP on the EZCD disliking machine to burn an audio CD and it worked fine and repeated attempts have kicked out no coasters at all My problem with WMP is that it puts a gap between tracks so if two tunes segue into each other there s an annoying second silence in the middle So the questions then Is there any patch available or planned for WMP that would bypass this problem Any ideas about Easy CD Creators massive fail rate Could it have anything to do with WinAmp My brother reckons it might be to do with audio codecs Being that we want these CDs to play in any CD player what type of audio files burn best Thanks for any info Gram nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

I keep thinking quot cd burning is the most confusing thing I ve ever done quot but I know things have been more confusing and probably will be I decided to save some of my downloaded audio files on a questions... more burning CD few cd as quot data quot That way I could fit a lot on and get them off my hard drive They are mp on the hd I burned them on the CD as data thinking I could then send them back TO quot my documents quot if I wanted to burn them as audio again I can do this with files that were saved as few more CD burning questions... data to start with Apparently when they re sent few more CD burning questions... back to MY DOCS from the CD where they re saved as data they re quot read only quot Can t be few more CD burning questions... played or burned as audio I didn t delete the files I wanted from the hd I waited to test it How do I get them back from data to files I can burn on a cd as audio that can be played on a music stereo again Is this possible I might be able to burn them directly from the cd I saved them on as data onto a blank cd as audio At least a few at a time I can play the data files on my CD-ROM Also when I have the downloaded audio files saved on the computer they have names or the songs When I burn them on the CD they are just quot track track etc quot It shows up like this on WMP etc Is there a way of getting them onto a cd with the titles song names showing I have RECORD NOW NERO I have yet to get to work I can t figure the darned thing out even with directions and tutorials Real Audio WMP and CDex And a few other things I haven t looked into One more I think my mic is no good it s part of headphones like you use to make phone calls online or talk in chatrooms My grandsons used to use them they ve been hanging around awhile If the mic part is no good that s the problem Aside from that if I have a good mic I should be able to plug it in the quot mic quot jack in the computer and record using CDex and make audio files I have been doing this with a line between my stereo recording cassette tapes to the computer and then burning them on cds I didn t know if I would have to use different settings for a mic and voice than I ve used for this Getting a mic is the next step I had one once but can t find it I want to make CDs of my year old grandaughter singing Always something new to learn and do Carrie nbsp

A:few more CD burning questions...

First off, when you burn files to CD, they are indeed saved as Read/Only, and when you copy them back to the hard disk, they retain that attribute. Select all of the files, right click on the group, select properties, and uncheck the R/O attribute. They'll be back to normal.

You can save MP3's with the names intact, since they're just data files, but audio files don't have any title information with them, so they don't retain the names.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/few-more-cd-burning-questions.130111/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi consider this situation i have a write-once DVD-R DVD- empty disc during the st session i burn a disc image say an ISO file etc in the disc which occupies say GB of the disc will the disc be automatically set to closed finalized non-writeable for further data files like PDF EXE etc data files other than disc images making the MB minus the GB unusable now the same situation but instead of further data files like PDF EXE etc data files other than regarding questions DVD burning disc images i wanna burn another ISO file which utilizes the remaining space is that possible the reverse order of situation number any methods and or software preferably free questions regarding burning DVD to overcome these problems a different topic can anyone suggest a DVD burning software preferably free that has this option questions regarding burning DVD automatically delete the source files not the temporary files created just before the burning process after successful burning and verification is complete from the hard drive so that i need not delete the source files on the HDD manually by searching i guess a software produced by http complexnt com had this feature in its earlier versions not sure about the current version thanks in advance

A:questions regarding burning DVD

Over the years I have used different application for burning discs, currently I have ImageBurn, Free Easy Burner and Nero v9 on my system, and yes, the default is to close the disc at the end of burning but you can usually change this in the settings before you start so that you can add other files later. Look at the settings options in the burner you are using.

As far as your computer - or for that matter a DVD - is concerned an .ISO is just a file like any other so, so long as you set the option 'Do not close after writing', it doesn't matter which order or what type of file you are writing.

Can't help with your #5. I ship a lot of data around but I want to keep the original !  Apart from that I use DVDs primarily for backing up my photos and similar data and I keep the originals on my hard drives for quick access.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/556024/questions-regarding-burning-dvd/
Relevancy 52.46%

A friend of mine knowing i have a DVD burner installed on my pc has given me a couple of CDs with a documentary about Metallica on them and has asked me to quot do something quot which will enable me to put this stuff on a blank DVD disc so he can watch it on his television burning or,,,,those questions that instead of a computer screen I of course having had this capability for more than a year now but of course not being able that or,,,,those burning questions to really do anything with it said no problem I have Nero Ultra and my problem is how the heck to i do it and if i may i have a number of movies on my hard drive which i would like to put on blank DVD discs as well problem number two i hope that i m not asking anything illegal but if i am just tell me and i won t bother with this line of questioning any more thx in advance ps i have a dvd player but of course don t have a clue if homemade DVDs will be able to play on it nbsp

A:that or,,,,those burning questions

What format are the files on the CDs, AVI, MPEG? You will most likely have to convert the video before you can burn it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/that-or-those-burning-questions.383588/
Relevancy 52.46%

1. If I click Burn in Windows Explorer, will Vista use the default disc burning app?

2. The same with right clicking on a file in WE and selecting Send To > DVD RW Drive?

3. I have Power2go 5 and am planning to upgrade to Power2Go 8 Essentials, is there anything bad about this software, do you think that there's something out there better for free?

A:DVD burning questions!

If you put a blank DVD in your optical drive, Vista will, by default, use one of the Windows apps to perform the operation you wish to do. It's in the Autoplay options.

You can easily test the Send To options by just selecting one. Let it ask you to insert a disc and, after inserting one, see where it goes.

There's a lot of good software out there. What you have to do is make sure that your system meets the specifications for whichever software you choose, be it Cyberlink, Nero, Roxio or any of the others. I work with one of those everyday so I'm biased. This is especially important if you plan to do video editing which needs more resources than just simple burning of audio cds, data discs, etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/294731-dvd-burning-questions.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I hope someone can help me in easy to understand terms I have a bunch of DVD movies that I would like to back up by copying them onto CD DVD I am running an HP Pavillion n with a cd-writer installed I have been able to copy the DVD movies onto a cd but when I try to play them in my DVD player connected Questions Burning DVD to my tv I get an error message about playback I can not replay them onmy windows media player either all I get is sound and no picture but they play fine on my VLC Media player DVD Burning Questions Do I need a DVD burner writer instead DVD Burning Questions of using my DVD Burning Questions cd writer I have serveral burn programs including WinCopy DVD standard Burn Free and CD Burnerxp Pro Will these programs work for what I want to do Burn DVD movies to CD DVD Do I need to change the format of the movies I am copying If so how Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand this process Darlene nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all! I gave an extra printer of mine to a friend, however i've lost the install cd and thought I could download the drivers from the manufacturer's website and burn them onto a cd to install on my friends machine. The download is 3.1 mb. I have an HP P111 w/cdrw drive using adaptec easy cd creator basic and Adaptec direct cd. Which one should I use and what format? I already burned the download to a cdrw disc but his cd rom wouldn't read it. It works fine in mine. thanks for any help.

Relevancy 51.6%

Ok I m not sure if this is the right thread but I m positive if its not Questions n00b Burning - a Not DVD I ll be moved to the correct one I ve never burned a DVD movie really never had a need so please be kind I recently attained a X dvd Re-writer USB from a firend who d like me DVD Burning Questions - Not a n00b to burn them a dvd movie from home vids His DVD player doesnt DVD Burning Questions - Not a n00b support VCD so he asked me to help him get it on DVD I ve ripped the movies into the pc and had them origionally formatted in DIX I used TMPGEnc to rip the files down into what I think is a dvd format I have the following files movie m v movie wav movie mcf I only have blank DVD so I need to get this right the first time Now can I just burn these files onto a dvd and the player will pick them up as a standard movie using easy cd creator Do I have to create a menu system I d rather not Is all lost and I m a fool for doing this Any input would be appreciate PEACE nbsp

A:DVD Burning Questions - Not a n00b

I use a DVD+RW disk for experiments, so that I don't have to get it right the first time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-questions-not-a-n00b.261917/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I have few questions regarding burning DVDs that I wanted to ask for about Questions [SOLVED] burning DVD ever and now I really [SOLVED] Questions about burning DVD want to know I am using Ashampoo Burning Studio to burn DVDs On a screen where I am about to click quot BURN quot [SOLVED] Questions about burning DVD there is a little button called quot options quot If I click on it here is what I get As you can see from the screenshot above there is such line as quot Finalize the DVD quot If I understand it correctly if I don't put a check mark inside of that box my DVD won't get finalized Meaning that I will be able to ADD more files to it later If so why should I ever finalise a DVD Does it reflect the speed when it burns or maybe when a DVD reads Also there is quot Burn DVD in Disc At Once mode quot Can someone explain me how it works There are DVD-R and DVD R What's a difference and how can it effect me Thanks for you support

A:[SOLVED] Questions about burning DVD

Finalizing the DVD does close it so you cannot add more to it. If you don't finalize the DVD you may be able to add more files later with your burning program. If you do not finalize the DVD, however, some readers or software may not be able to read the DVD.

DVD +R and DVD-R are two types of DVD disks. Nowadays most burners/readers can recognize both formats, but there are some older burners, as well as some set top DVD players that will only recognize one type of DVD and not the other, so make sure you use the right type of DVD if your player or burner can't read/write to both types.

I think Disk at Once is just another type of way to burn the data to the DVD. If I remember correctly I think you must finalize the DVD if you select Disk at Once.

BMR777

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-questions-about-burning-dvd-209461.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Over the last month I have tried to find a way to convert some of my mkv files to avi After a lot of work and headaches I finally found something that works Actually it was proposed to me by a certain member here HitSquad It s called AlltoAvi You can find it at Source Forge Anyways I used this on four of my videos and it worked perfectly I m very pleased with the result but now I d like to be able to put these files all on discs so I don t have to use up so much space for them anymore I tried to burn a trial CD in VCD format with my Nero burner of some of the contents Well when I put it in my Questions Video Burning other computer all I could get was the audio to play Burning Video Questions and not the video I then tried to just make a data disc of the same thing and I got exactly the same problems As a last ditch effort I also tried a DVD player which also failed I knew that last one wouldn t work but I just had to check Did I do something wrong If so what How would you suggest making this work The original files were mkv and I did convert them to avi successfully I m positive of this I m also sure my burner on here works without a hitch The video players I used were VLC Divx The Core Media Player and Windows Media I m open to just about any suggestions Thank you for your time

A:Burning Video Questions

Hi Sabrams.You are most likely just missing the proper video codec on the system that will only play the audio portion of the file. Comparing your installed codecs between the two systems via Control Panel is the easiest way to determine which one you may need. I'm not a big fan of codec "packages" and prefer to install only the codecs I need. You could also try the GSpot Codec Appliance but it is a bit dated. The developer is working on an updated version but who knows when it will be ready. Use it on the problem machine, not the one that the file plays ok on. It will tell you what codecs the avi needs and if the machine is missing it. Like I said, it's a bit dated but may work anyway.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61496/burning-video-questions/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I work at funeral home and we are starting to make picture dvds w/ music, so my question is this, what is a good dvd writer w/ lightscribe, (to burn pictures and title on dvd) everything is getting away from paper labels, and do they only come in duel layer?

so please help us out here..

thanks and also there will be royalty free music in the back ground..

all working on a xp machine

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all, I just purchased my first DVD R/W, and I don't know anything about the media that's available out there, like who is good, who to stay away from, can you please help me out here.

On another note, I purchased Nero suite 6.0, downloaded DVD Shrink, and when I receive the Nero I will download the update that's available for it. My question is...do any of you have any tips/suggestions for a newbe burner?

I appreciate your help. dc3

A:Dvd Media And Burning Questions

I created sevearl drink coaster while burning my first cds. When making a bootable or:autorun" disk be sure NOT to put them inside of a folder on the cd. This is true for .iso images also. Windows cannot see inside of the folder to boot. So the boot or autorun files need to be the first think on the disk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36047/dvd-media-and-burning-questions/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi everyone, I have some questions about burning .iso files:
- after I extract and burn a .iso file to cd, is the size going to be larger than the original file?
- can i burn 2 or more .iso files to the same cd?
- can i burn .iso files and some other types to the same cd?
Any answer appreciated, thanks!!!

Relevancy 51.6%

Sorry if there are two posts I accidentally hit enter Anyways I didn t exactly know how to word this topic I have a couple questions about it though First things first is that DVD burning couple A of questions.. I was told to download Express Burn It has worked for me so far I was getting error messages because I wasn t able to burn avi videos to DVD They were always unsupported This program automatically changed them to the right formats and changed anything that needed to be changed so it could be burned The problem is though is that the quality is not the greatest I wanted to know if there is something I can do to convert it and make the quality very nice on a full screen view With it playing on a normal TV Express Burn is great but if there is another program or some programs I A couple of DVD burning questions.. can download to help with this then please tell me I will download whatever is needed so I can get those high quality movies Thanks in advance Oh and I m not just making an account just to ask this Lol I plan on staying and trying to throw my sense in topics that I can help in I m glad I found this site It looks realllly helpful nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Guys On my new Dell I used the Sonic Burning Software for the first time I seem to like the simplicity of this program over the Roxio CD-Creator At any rate my new computer could read my CD-RW files created by my old computer but could not write to the files created by the old computer What I wanted to do is I have duel CD-RW drives so I put the CD with my old files in it to be copied in drive D I Software? About Sonic's Questions Burning CD took out a new CD-RW blank and put it in drive E selected the files that I wanted to copy from drive D to E and the burn was successful I did accidently copy two folders twice Problem is I can t write to the CD-RW that I just burned The files open fine but I can t write to them or delete them or modify them in any way Is this because My new computer could not write to the old RW s in the first place so if it can t no software is going to be able to copy files that can t be written to OR I didn t do something first to Questions About Sonic's CD Burning Software? tell the Sonic software that the disk is a CD-RW in the preparation process for burning Therefore the software just closed access to the disk as its default setting and treated it like a CD-R Note that I did not format the CD-RW for burning I just selected the files I wanted to copy and started the burn so I think that s the issue here How do I prepare a disk for formating using the Sonic software for burning so that it really acts and behaves like an RW-CD Right now what I have is a CD-RW disk with quot Read-Only quot files on it Jack nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Wy wife is a graduate student at LSU and we have access to all computer programs designed by microsoft for free. My question is what type of CD must I use to download the program and later load on my computer.
Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

Like so many others in this forum, I have problems with ALL my burning programs. Roxio ECDC worked perfectly until SP2 on Windows XP. Since then, Musicmatch, Windows Media Player, and Nero all ruin about as many CDs as they burn successfully. Every possible solution in this forum, including a new CDRW, has not helped. What I want to do is reduce piles of older CDs by ripping my favorite tracks to just a few. Before trying one of the free download burners mentioned here, is there a best format for CDs played in a car stereo (mp3, wma, something else)? Should I uninstall my other burning programs for any reason? And what format is a CD in straight out of the package? Thanks

Relevancy 51.17%

There is much I don't know and answers to ANY of the below questions would be greatly appreciated Firstly over the years collected numerous burning and converting programs IMGBurn Inrfarecorder Burnaware AnySoft Wondershare DVD Maker WinX ConvertXtoDVD ImToo etc What's the difference between an ISO and an IMG file Took DVD-R video of family event a while back for From Clueless A DVD Burning Novice Questions some reason saved as mp on laptop Wanted to make a few new DVD's to share with family Used Wondershare as it offers cute adjustable menu screens It burned the mp into DVD quality However I have DVD players One and old Samsung DVD-V DVD VHS and a slightly newer Funai VCR DVD Recorder ZV FX The finished DVD played well on the Funai but could not load on the Samsung Spoke with Wondershare suggested I convert to ISO first then retry Unfortunately same results Any idea why I happened to like the ability to personalize the Intro menu screen in Wondershare DVD Burning Questions From A Clueless Novice Which brings me to the last question- When I used Wondershare to to just save MP as ISO the result was and ISO file AND a folder with the Audio TS Video TS folders as well Why both Where do I go from there Do I use the ISO selected files in video TS only Or either one Thanks for your patience

A:DVD Burning Questions From A Clueless Novice

1) What's the difference between an ISO and an IMG file?    
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/what-are-the-differences-between-iso-and-img-files

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630651/dvd-burning-questions-from-a-clueless-novice/
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop new in Italy in the close burning the and keeps DVDs drive the fails windows burning spinnin When but December from a major computer store The computer came installed with Windows Home Premium Italian and I have installed on it an original version of Microsoft Office When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin XP Professional Edition English The CD-ROM unit is a Matsushita DVD -RW UJ Since I bought the computer I have sometimes had difficulty burning DVDs with the When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin built-in Windows burner function that I access from Explorer Often in the past I have ended up with partially written DVDs Nevertheless by using high-quality DVDs I have been able to burn DVDs successfully most of the time using the Windows utility I last used the utility successfully a couple of months ago when I burned a couple of DVDs to backup some photos Since yesterday I have been trying to backup my most important files onto DVDs The attempt has failed in every case First I copy about GB of files from drive C onto drive D in Explorer These are several hundred files divided into three different directories consisting mostly of PDF Word Excel and JPG files some of them with names in foreign scripts like Cyrillic Japanese or Chinese Then I insert a new DVD either Verbatim or TDK and attempt to master the DVD by selecting the option write to disk from the Explorer menu whether from When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin the menus at the top of the screen or by right-clicking on drive D in the lefthand pane of the screen A window pops up asking me for the name of the disk whether I want it to be flash or one-time only and the recording speed x x x etc Once I click continue to start burning the DVD a window pops up to tell me that Windows is making an image of the disk and then the window tells me that it has begun mastering the disk giving me a countdown of how many minutes are left minutes to minutes depending on the speed I choose But no matter what name I give to the disk and what recording speed I pick after - seconds the popup window and the Explorer window both suddenly close and the DVD unit s writing light goes out but the DVD unit continues to whir at high speed forever Here are the results I got yesterday with separate DVDs On the first DVD I used Windows s burn utility on a Verbatim DVD and I ended up with files burned onto the DVD making it unusable On the second try I used some simple burn software that I had used before Roxio Burn on a TDK DVD and ended up with files burned onto the disk but from different folders than the files burned by Windows On my third attempt after going offline shutting down my antivirus software AVG and using Task Manager to shut down processes from that other burn software Roxio Burn I used Windows s burn utility again on a TDK DVD and ended up with the identical files that had I ended up with the first time though this time I had chosen a lower writing speed In all three of these attempts the DVD unit continued to whir after the windows had closed until such time as I ejected the disk manually When I first encountered this problem yesterday I thought the problem might be caused by my antivirus software AVG Free Edition interfering with the writing process because after one particular automatic update by AVG about two months ago I began having problems with AVG blocking Skype and placing some of my Nokia cell phone software in quarantine But by disabling the HIPS element of AVG I was able to resolve those problems several weeks ago and begin using Skype successfully again But just to be sure today I disinstalled AVG completely and installed Microsoft Security Essentials Because I had read in a forum online that Windows might have conflicts with other burning software that was also installed today I also disinstalled the o... Read more

A:When burning DVDs the windows close and the burning fails but the drive keeps spinnin

My guess would be theres something wrong with the dvd drive.I also have the same computer.Either the laser in it is shot or needs cleaned or the whole drive has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-burning-dvds-the-windows-close-and-the-burning-fails-but-the-drive-keeps-spinnin.1027134/
Relevancy 39.56%

Nero Burning ROM crashed during burning and now my DVD drive is unusable. I cannot open the drive, I cannot shut down the computer because it says "Waiting for DVD Drive D:" and the drive runs like it is still burning despite the program doing the burning is no longer open. It isn't even in any process. What can I do to make the drive stop?

A:Nero Burning ROM crashing caused perpetual burning from DVD Drive

Go to Task Manager...shut the system down from there.

Turn system off....hard shutdown if necessary...disconnect the optical drive.

Sounds to me like it's a hardware problem moreso than a software problem if you cannot manually open the drive.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601018/nero-burning-rom-crashing-caused-perpetual-burning-from-dvd-drive/
Relevancy 39.13%

some nero burning user veteran??problem burning cdr ,dvdrs.i cant burn a cdr.with windows media player is posible.also i use clone dvd with sucess. with nero is posible to erase a cdr-w.the problem is i cant record a cdr.when it comes to 3% to 8% the program tell "the burn failed"some advice?thanks for the attention

A:some nero burning user veteran??problem burning...

I am a "Nero Veteran", war veteran, etc.. etc.. The reason your having problems is simple. Some discs cannot be copied, as they may be copy protected or contain errors. If you are unsure if your disc can be copied,
run a trial in the "simulation" mode. Click on "More" at the bottom of the page and select "Simulation".

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/some-nero-burning-user-veteran-problem-burning.234868/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I burn cd/dvds with Windows 7 built in burning software and windows media player all my burns are successful. When I try to use Nero, CD Burner XP or imgburn, it fails. My computer is plenty fast enough(2.8ghz, 4gb ddr2, 250gb sata hd) and I tried reinstalling windows 7 without nero or deamon tools and tested with CD Burner XP, it still failed. I am using Sony blank CD's and also tried a few other name brand. I am burning at the lowest speeds. I purchased a brand new dvd burner and the firmware is up to date. The error I am getting is "Could not write to Disc". It fails randomly anywhere from 3%-30%. Any ideas? Again, windows 7 native burning works fine but other software does not. Same pc, same blanks, same burner, same hardware just different software. Any Ideas at all?

A:Windows 7 Native Burning OK, other burning apps NOT OK

Chipset driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/29663-windows-7-native-burning-ok-other-burning-apps-not-ok.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi

I would be gratefull for help, just a week or two my inside and outside (USB) recorders started to work extremly slow.
Using Nero 14 i can see the real recording speed 800 - 1 500 kB/s when using 16x (22 160 kB/S). My usb samsung blu-ray recorder also work very slow - data fo 25 Gb disc takes about 4 hours.
It is a new machine, 16 Gb RAM, 3770K on board so it is a fast one but recording...
I tried deinstaling IDE i decice manager.
I tried Ashampoo, CDburnerXP - all the same.
During recording HDD 0 (c shows 1% usage.
No software in background - just Kaspersky

DVD and Blu-ray have no errors - veryfication ok, surface test also - only very slow.
Tested media: TDK, Sony, Panasonic (all 16x for dvd and 6x for blu-ray)

Please help

A:DVD-R burning more then 1 hour! Super slow Burning DVD-R

Look in Device Manager. Right click on the burners and see if DMA is enabled. Usually when super slow kicks in it's because somehow this setting gets changed to disabled.

Turn Direct Memory Access (DMA) on or off - Microsoft Windows Help

The instructions are for Windows 7 but once you get to Device Manager I'd bet it's the same.

In W8 the quick way to Device Manager is hit Winkey-x then m.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/37343-dvd-r-burning-more-then-1-hour-super-slow-burning-dvd-r.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Bottom left corner of Spectre x360 is BURNING HOT !!! There are many other messages on this forum describing the same problem but HP SUPPORT IS NOT ANSWERING THE QUESTION !!! HP SUPPORT, PLEASE DO NOT JUST POST A BOILER-PLATE PRE-WRITTEN ANSWER TO THIS. In other messages on this forum, multiple replacements of Spectre x360 ALL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. Is HP going to fix the problem and do a recall, or what? How do we know that HP is aware of and working on this problem?

A:BURNING HOT Spectre x360 BURNING HOT

@ImTheMom?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/BURNING-HOT-Spectre-x360-BURNING-HOT/td-p/5258144
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a Compaq Presario SR5710Y with AMD Athalon x2 4450e dual core processors, 3gb memory and 350gb hard drive. My CD-DVD burner is (this is what it says in device manager)
ATAPI DVD A DH16A6L-C SCSI cd rom device.
I have been burning my dvds with convert x to dvd with no problems up until this . Every time I go to burn a DVD it will convert but when it burns it is taking so long (I usually burn at 6x) I did a speed test and it said it was burning at .05%. It would probably take 5 hours to burn a normal movie,Anyone know why this may be happening? Thanks in advance

A:My dvd burner has slowed was burning at 6x now burning at .05%

If you are converting to a format readable by a dvd player they burner will burn very slowly depending on the source file. Now does you cpu max out when burning?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-burner-has-slowed-was-burning-at-6x-now-burning-at-05.125659/
Relevancy 36.98%

Have been burning CDs through Windows Media Player forever; no problems. Suddenly, when I choose 'Burn CD', nothing happens. No error messages.

BUT, when I choose a previous playlist to burn, it works. The non-burn problem seems limited to only recently downloaded music playlists. These same playlists do play on my computer, so they're obviously recorded and working.

Thoughts??

Susan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-some-playlists-arent-burning.439565/
Relevancy 36.98%

My OS is windows xp home SP my system is Gateway Select with GH AMD Athlon processor MB RAM GB hard drive with GB free NEC DV- A DVD CD ROM internal drive and IDE CD R RW x x internal drive When I write on a CD using xp s built in Cd writing utility I CD burning Wxp's cd burning with utility builtin cannot read the newly written data in the RW drive but can read it in the DVD drive and can also read it in the CD RW drive after I reboot the computer Another inexplainable feature is that when I look at the properties of a CD that has been written in the RW drove in Windows explorer used space shown is only the space used by files in the root directory and not by all the files I have two questions Is this inability to read newly written data in the RW drive without rebooting the computer a feature of Windows XP or of the CD writing utility CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility that is built in the OS If it is a feature of the OS is there a fix that would enable the data to be read after being written without a reboot Does Easy Media Creator Basic CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility by Roxio have a feature that enables newly written data to be read without reboot Thanks Preet nbsp

A:CD burning with Wxp's builtin cd burning utility

i use roxio cd creater 5 and yes it reads the disk without reboot - even though i have xp on a few machines with cdrw never used the built in facility

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning-with-wxps-builtin-cd-burning-utility.401978/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok, i'm new to this CD Burning. I have Nero Express, and i'm having a little problem with it.

I've copied an Audio CD to a CD-R, and it plays fine, but there are still space on it, and i wanted to put a MP3 (it converts to CDA really nice also) together with the already burned tracks, but i can't. Everytime i put the same CD, i get the folloqing message:

"This midia cannot be recorded
Please Insert another midia."

(Sorry if it's not right, cuz i translated from portuguese)

Can i do what i want?? How??

Sorry if it is hard to understand, it is hard to explain.

Thank you

A:Audio CD Burning with Nero Burning Rom

You cannot append any audio files to an disc that has been completed. Once a disc is completed it cannot access the remaining space. Especially with Nero Express. Once a disc is burned it is "closed (finalized)."

This is just a simple explanation.

I believe Roxio's Easy cd creator lets you add files to your disc as long as you don't "finalize" it. Until you finalize it you will not be able to listen to the music.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-burning-with-nero-burning-rom.155018/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a HP Pavilion dv t- CTO Entertainment Notebook PC bit with Windows Vista Home premium Recently I had a friend take it and wipe it to questions Variables format and questions Environment start fresh when I got it back it is still pointing to a bizarre path which is one of the reasons I wanted to start fresh It points to PATH SystemRoot system SystemRoot SystemRoot System Wbem C Environment Variables questions and format questions Program Files x CyberLink Power Go SYSTEMROOT System WindowsPowerShell v PATHEXT COM EXE BAT CMD VBS VBE JS JSE WSF WSH MSC why would this be the case When I got it back I see that some things like Environment Variables questions and format questions my extra monitor was already installed Before I even hooked it up and some folders I had renamed example folder OLD was still here and many other things that lead me to believe it did not get formatted correctly and could still have virus He used my factory disks which I do have can anyone advise me on what is going on thanks so much

A:Environment Variables questions and format questions

I've had a bunch of HP machines. But I never used the restore. I'm not sure if it formats or just installs over what's there. It may leave files and folders that are in subfolders of programs that come bundled with the machine assuming it's data or something. The path looks fine to me. That %SystemRoot% stuff is just a way to use environment variables in case the system is not installed on C:\Windows.

If you really just want the OS and not the bundled software see the threads about ISO download for Vista. You can evaluate for 90 days perfectly legally. There are also tutorials how to extend the evaluation by 30 days.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301671-environment-variables-questions-format-questions.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi,

I'm thinking about building my own PC, but I don't quite understand what anti-static precautions should be taken. Obviously, nothing will be plugged in, but is there anything I'm missing or not understanding?
Also, are anti-static wrist bands essential? Also, would carpet work as a good working area?

Thanks

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,

Brand new user.

a. The new PC came with McAfee anti virus.
Should I use it ?

Is it as good as AVG, e.g., which I used on my old W7 PC ? Use them both ?

b. And, how do I turn on the "Defender" anti virus which I understand is part of
the W10 package ?

Would it interfere with McAfee or AVG ? How good is it ?

c. How do I turn on the Firewall; I'm assuming there is one like in W7 ?

Much thanks,
Bob

A:New W10 User Questions (Basic Questions, Please)

McAfee, AVG and Defender are all anti-virus programs and you should only run one. In fact Defender will get turned off when another one is installed.

Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.

Then select Security and Maintenance and under Security it will show your the status of the Firewall, Virus and Spyware and which program is running what.

Control panel also has links to Defender and Firewall.

That McAfee is a trial version and at some point you will have to buy it.

Jim

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/30578-new-w10-user-questions-basic-questions-please.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Experts,

Question 1:

To initialize the 4 elements of integer array named numbers to the value of 0, is THIS

int number [4] = { 0 };

correct, and the exact same thing as saying this:

int number [4] = { 0, 0, 0, 0 }; // ?

Question 2:

Assuming
double x [ 6 ], y [ 14 ];

What C++ statement could I write that would

copy array named x into the first part of array named y. // ?

Thanks again! ... RB

Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys you might of seen a post or two about me not able to get our domain to use GPO s but its all fixed now YAY It was the DNS incase anyone was interested but now i got a few questions i ll start with Is there anyway to configure a client by just having them log onto the domain e g Disable Security Center Windows Messanger Add a Registry hack etc Is there anyway to view questions. just Questions, no problem Domain a list of all websites visited on the network with Domain Questions, no problem just questions. information eg Who was looking at it which user at what time etc Is there a way to record a list of all objects printed from our print server with information e g User that printed it time it was printed how many pages how many copys etc Is there a way to delete start menu files folders with a logon script I m going to put quot Deep Freeze quot on the computers that are accessed and used by the public but i ve never used it nor have any experience with it Does it cause any problems with normal operation of the computer if anyone could give me some feedback on this i d love to hear it Also is it possible to get more then just Virtual Drives on a computer i mean isn t there possible drives nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/domain-questions-no-problem-just-questions.367564/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a Packard Bell P model D Eight megs of RAM Memory: Questions.....questions....questions.... are on the motherboard According to a search of this model on a Memory website this model has FPM non- parity memory The machine had two -MB modules installed when it was new in for a total of MB at time of purchase Since then I have added two MB modules to bring it up to MB Two weeks Memory: Questions.....questions....questions.... ago I replaced the two MB modules with two MB FPM modules which was supposed to bring it up to a total of MB When I boot up it only reads slightly over MB as passed of course on the System Properties General tab MB is listed Can anyone tell me what might have happened to the other MB Another question Would parity memory be compatible with non-parity memory I know from research that most servers use parity memory parity being described as a feature of a module for error-checking Would parity memory work OK with Memory: Questions.....questions....questions.... non-parity but not the other way around The reason I ask is I have an opportunity to buy some used -pin FMP parity modules at a good price and I just wanted to know if the two parity and non-parity would mesh I wanted to bring it up to the max for this model MB providing the MB on-board memory is read That was my own theory about the missing MB that the on-board memory for some reason isn t being read Any thoughts on this Last questions How critical is mixing speeds Will ns modules in one bank work with ns modules in another bank or vice-versa Will different speeds work together in the same bank or do the modules have to have absolutely identical specifications between banks and within banks I know these are a lot of questions but I would appreciate any help on this I ve gotten good advice from this forum in the past and I know if anyone knows the answers you guys do Many thanks Jack Lee nbsp

A:Memory: Questions.....questions....questions....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-questions-questions-questions.42629/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows 98SE.
I download from Kazaa V2.1
About three weeks ago I had to reinstall Windows.
Since then I am not able to burn anything from Kazaa.
In the past I had no problems burning anything from Kazaa.
I can burn from CD to CD.
It goes through the motion of burning, it shows up that there are tracks on the disc, but when I play it back - there is no sound.

I burned an entire music CD and replayed it with no problems. Is it Kazaa or something else. Are there properties I should be checking... HELP!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-is-burning-me-up.130939/
Relevancy 33.97%

I used my 3rd CD Burner and I put my music files onto the CD-RW. Everytime I finish the disc is ejected and CD Writing Wizard comes on and says I have to finish writing the disc. I put the disc back in and it says it doesn't have enough free space when it does! I see the files inside the CD-RW and I can play it but I have to change them into Windows Media Files. I plays fine too! But when I put it in a BoomBox it keeps saying no disc! I have no idea what's going on!
Richard

A:Solved: Burning, Burning, Nothing!

It sounds to me as if you put too many files on the disk and there was not enough room for it to complete the lead out etc remove a couple of files and see if it completes ok ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-burning-burning-nothing.337148/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi to all,
Here's a strange one, I've just re-formatted my hard drive and re-installed xp ( not the first time, I prefer this to restore ) anyway I've tried to burn three music disc's using new blank cd-r's. I go through all the motions ( using nero 5.5 ) I do my compilation as normal, hit burn and nero " burns " the disc. When I try and play the disk on my walkman I can skip through the track numbers but get no sound. When I check it out on my pc in my computer it says Free space 0 bytes, Total size 0 bytes. I am sure this is not a hardware problem so what else could it be ?

I've been recording sucessfully with the same set up and software in the past, any suggestions welcome and appreciated.

TIA

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi,
I am running Windows XP Professional.
I have just started getting problems burning DVD's. I have the same problem with Clone DVD2 and also DVD Shrink 3.2.
While copying it can freeze anywhere between 9% and 50%.
I have actually burnt two or three discs but then the fault returns.
Up until now it has been fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Mark.

Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys, just have a few questions in regards to Vista x32 vs x64 as well as Direct x10 issues when it comes to gaming.

First off - What benefits do I get by running Vista x64 as opposed to x32 when it comes to gaming. I bought Call of Duty 4 as well as Bioshock, and will be buying some of the new games coming out such as Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 2. Are any of these games 64 bit games?

Second off - Do I get any benefit playing a game made for DirectX 9 on a DirectX10 platform? Or are the graphic increases only visible in games actually made for DirectX 10? Again, are any of the games I listed above made to work with better graphics in DirectX 10?

Thanks guys!

A:32/64 bit questions & DirectX 9/10 questions :)

I discovered your inquiry while I was attempting to answer questions similar to yours.

This isn't much help but try reading about Epic Game's 'Unreal' game engine. I'm reading the article on wikipeadia about this game engine. This is the game engine used for Gears of War and Unreal Tournament.

Any way, it seems that if your running the game in a 64-bit environment like Windows Vista 64 the game will be in 64-bit mode.

It uses Directx 10 and Directx 10 also seems to be in 64-bit mode depending on weather Windows is in 64-bit mode.

In related news, it seems that the 'Unreal' game engine and the 'Source' game engine (Used for Half life 2, etc) are optimized to take advantage of multi-threading or in other words optimized for multi-core processors.

Anyway, see what conclusions you come to...I'll post an update as I learn more.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/130046-32-64-bit-questions-directx-9-10-questions.html
Relevancy 27.52%

im running windows xp. when i try to burn a file to dvd all i get is a message saying destination folder is the same as source folder. please can someone help im getting so frustrated.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello,
I've been trying to burn few music clips to DVD, but it won’t work.
Nero converts the files for me, but then wont burn them to the DVD disc. Windows media player plays the clips but when I want to burn, it doesn’t recognise them..

Is there anything i can do with these current programs?
Any suggestion for other software that i can use? :blue:

cheers

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello!

I have recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate in my system. I know there is a built in DVD writer in this OS but does it support multi-session data DVD. If yes, how can I delete some present date on the disk and add new data in the desired folder?

Thank you.

A:CD/DVD Burning?

Yes, you can have multi-session disks. For more info, run Help and Support from the start menu and look up 'Disc burning: frequently asked questions'

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-dvd-burning.873431/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to burn a DVD. I have a Samsung CD/DVD Burner. I have organized a DVD with CyberLink Power Editor. When trying to burn the DVD with a DVD-R or DVD-RW in the drive I get a message saying "Either drive or disc is not ready."

What do I need to do to be able to burn this DVD?

A:Burning a DVD

Stealthz said:

I am trying to burn a DVD. I have a Samsung CD/DVD Burner. I have organized a DVD with CyberLink Power Editor. When trying to burn the DVD with a DVD-R or DVD-RW in the drive I get a message saying "Either drive or disc is not ready."

What do I need to do to be able to burn this DVD?Click to expand...

1. The dvd file structure (IFO's, BUP's, VOB's) has to conform to the dvd video standard. (Check this by playing the dvd folder in your software dvd player eg. Power DVD or whatever you have)
2. What burning software are you using? Most will have some kind of some kind of template for DVD Video.
3. If it doesn't you should be sure to use the UDF file system (as opposed to ISO9660 or CDFS) and all the IFO's, BUP's and VOB's must be in a folder called VIDEO_TS. All the filenames must be upper case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.578342/
Relevancy 27.52%

I scanned copied and saved all my pictures to various CD s I had over mbs when I finished I run XP I have a cd and a DVD drive I use Nero I copied the first CD to my computer and copied it to DVD I continued with Burning DVD+R on each CD untill done I was told something about if I checked multisession button something whatever I don t know I clicked it I had to at that point Anyway I have mbs of photos on Burning on DVD+R this DVD R They all show up on my XP computer and on my Vista laptop However in Nero it says I have used only mbs of space odd Ok that is the first mystery There are more mysteries to this story On our main DVD player only the first burning session photos show in the menu On my DVD player in the bedroom only the folders that start with numbers ie or show So my intention was to keep adding to this DVD until it was full well I await your words of wisdom Thank you nbsp

A:Burning on DVD+R

Doing multisession burning can be a problem, especially when you try to read the disc on a regular DVD player. Copy all of the files from the CD's to your hard drive, then do one non-multisesson burn to a DVD.

If you want to try and use all the space, wait until you have about 4.3GB of files before you burn a DVD.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-on-dvd-r.653716/
Relevancy 27.52%

i was burning dvd's fine and now all of a sudden it spits out the dvd before it closes it. it gets to 98% and says it's finishing but then it spits it out and says it's finished. it plays on my pc but not on my tv dvd player.

Relevancy 27.52%

I have read a few of the questions about burning CDs but I have NEVER EVER done it before. I have a DATA CD I want to copy exactly. I have Easy CD Creator, which has CD Copier. If I use this, it will copy the entire data CD. Right?

A:Cd Burning

That should work!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.91432/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a question. There was a program you could download online that would allow you to burn dvds (like the kind that you rent, not buy in a store) but Im not exactly sure if its available anymore. The kind of dvds that you rent are at a higher gb , like around 9 something, but the ones you buy are usually around 4 or 4.5 gbs. The program would compress or squeeze the file down so you could burn it to a cd. Does anyone know what I am talking about? Any help?

A:dvd burning

As far as I know rental movie DVDs are the same as the ones you can buy in a store. They can be up to about 9 GB in size.

They also usually ave encrypted copy protection. Discussing methods or programs for breaking encryption and copy protection is against TSG rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.649482/
Relevancy 27.52%

When ripping album tracks for burning to cd, songs that segue together are broken into 2 seperate files. can these files be restored to their original form for playback.

A:cd burning

Hi, welcome TSG.

Get Audacity, a freeware audio editor/recorder, rip the CD as a wave file, import the 2 files into Audacity, slap them together and export one file, wave if you're going to burn an audio CD or mp3 if that's what you'd like to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.648040/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having a problem with three different p.c.s all vista one laptop is h.p. the other laptop is a dell the desk top is a compaq.The problem is that none of the programs that we used before to store and burn pictures to c.d.s or d.v.d.s will function.Windows live photo gallery,windows photo gallery either one will function to rip or burn.Is it a settng in default settings or something more.We have roxio easy c.d. d.v.d.on both lap tops.Any advice or solutions.

A:burning c.d.s or d.v.d.s

are you just trying to put the pictures on a cd/dvd or trying to create a "movie/slideshow" with the pictures?

heres some info from MS http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Burn-a-CD-or-DVD

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-c-d-s-or-d-v-d-s.976533/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having trouble burning a CD. I am trying to burn a data backup from my C drive to a CD. I have windows vista. When I put in a CD-R nothing happens.

I have back up files from Quickbooks that I need to put on CD. Can anyone help me???

A:Burning a CD

Try this free software its very easy.

http://majorgeeks.com/Ashampoo_Burning_Studio_6_FREE_d5937.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-cd.976054/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am having trouble burnning CD's from my computer that i want to play on other CD players or computers

Relevancy 27.52%

I have had my computer for about 2 yrs. and have never used the cd burner, But in 2 wks we are taking a long car trip so I thought I would try it out. I tried to burn with Real one player and it said it was succesful and ejected the CD, but when I tried to play it was Blank... So I tried windows media player. Everything was going well but when it got to the end of the process, closing the CD, the last song turned red. I right clicked, and selected read error details and I got this message.......Quality messages could not be sent because no quality sink has been defined...... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 27.52%

My operating system is Windows XP and I have Windows Media Player 11.
I am trying to burn a disc, but the player tells me to "Connect the burner and restart the player." I havent uninstalled the burner. I looked in My Computer and the burner is still there. The burner is a Sony CD-RW crx216e. Thanks for your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.699425/
Relevancy 27.52%

Ok, I'm having a bit of trouble burning a DVD here, I can download them and watch them on my computer with no problem at all its just getting them onto the disc and hoping they work on my dvd player.

I have a fairly new computer (vista) and when i insert my blank DVD cd's a message comes up with the following options...

burn a dvd data disc
burn files to disc
burn a dvd video disc < i choose this one and windows vd maker came up, but when i try to add items (the film) an error message comes u and says the programme has stopped working ???

can anyone give me a hand here ?

thanks in advance

A:Burning a DVD

You may want to visit the TSG rules: http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

Category I Offenses
Minor and Sometimes Unintentional Annoyances

Circumventing Copy Protection - While we believe it's reasonable to make backup copies of CDs and DVDs that you own, a lot of people break copy protection for the wrong reasons. The law is still vague, at best, as to if it is legal to break copy protection in order to make such a backup, even for personal use. (The DMCA, for example, seems to make it illegal.) As a result, we do not allow discussion of how to break copy protection at this time. If we can find a nice way to draw the line, we may reconsider this in the future as laws get sorted out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-a-dvd.697383/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi can any one tell me how to find out if there is a cd burner on my system and how to burn cds if there is.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello, I have the Radeon 9800 pro 256 megs card as well as having the T.V Wonder.

I burned a t.v show onto DVD and it wasn't clear ar all. I was wondering if theres any setting I could change on my T.V wonder card setup or what is the best DVD burning program to use.

Also what is a very good editting program to use to say take out commercials, or just cut certain parts out of a show you want, or don't want. I used Windows Movie Maker and as far as I know it works fine, but what is a better one within reasonable price.

A:Burning DVD's

If you capture AVIs, I'd say the best video editor would be VirtualDub. It can also capture clips and has many filters to improve the video quality. You could then use some converters like TMPGEnc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds.7867/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been having trouble burning cd's on the fly. The computer hangs once the burning process has started. I've tried cd-creator and nero. Both do the same thing. One thing of note is that my computer will hang when I try to copy a burned cd. I CAN burn a factory cd but it seems to a hell of lot slower than it should be. I can provide more info once I get home.

Any suggestions???

I'm using the following:

AMD 1.33 Ghz
256 sdr ram
AMD A7V133 mobo
Plextor 16/10/40a plexwriter
Pioneer dvd 116 drive

Relevancy 27.52%

hi guys,

i have videos in mpg , avi that i am trying to convert to dvd (to play on my dvd player)
im using im too avi to dvd converter...when i try it straight to dvd drive it doesnt work

now i can convert the file to audio_ts and video_ts folders...but how do i burn it?
nero complains about something to do with reallocation...
somebody help me...

A:avi to dvd burning

some FREE programs to try...

Free Movies To DVD 1
Avi2Dvd
DVD Flick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avi-to-dvd-burning.695241/
Relevancy 27.52%

ok so my mom emailed me about this problem, but i dont have access to her computer because im an hour away from her.

I am trying to copy some photos onto a CD but when I put the blank CD into the &#8220;D&#8221; or &#8220;E&#8221; slot it says &#8220;insert disk&#8221; although I put one in.

When I put in a DVD it recognizes it but does not want to save as it says some things may be lost.

?

any suggestions

P.S when i was there a week ago a opened the computer up and everything was plugged in ok.

Relevancy 27.52%

I have tried so many different resources/people to solve the following problem and nothing/no one has been able to help, so I'm hoping someone here may be able to provide some insight. I have several CDR's burned w/ avi. data (around the 700 Mb of data) that cannot be retrieved from my CD drive. My burner successfully burns the avi's, but when I try to get it from my D drive, it spins but nothing can be taken out of it (error eg.'s read: D drive not accessible, no CD in drive, etc.). What the &*%$^ is happening here?

Relevancy 27.52%

Is it possible to burn dvd's from the dvr provided by my cable company? They have the option to record out to vhs, but I have a laptop with a dvd burner. Any ideas if this is possible, and what I would need?

A:Burning DVD from DVR

A product like the one found here or one with similar characteristics will allow you to capture, convert and record a non-copy protected analog source. Read all the specs carefully though to make sure whatever product you like meets your specific needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-dvd-from-dvr.676527/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi, someone please help. I have been using nero 6 to burn onto my old imation dvd+rw for a couple of years with no problems, then the other day tried to burn onto some new ones id bought but they wont burn. Tried the old ones again, and they do burn. Have tried using Roxio and Win dvd creator, neither of which were successful. Could it be that my burner[writemaster] doesnt recognise the new dvd's and I NEED TO BUY A NEWER BURNER.
Thanks Ian

A:dvd+rw burning

Check and see if there is a newer firmware available for your burner which supports a wider compatability of media. If not than stick to using media which works with your burner.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-burning.675113/
Relevancy 27.52%

Recently I have digitalized every photo that I own I now have folders with some sub-folders I have them on my computers and backed up on DVD s These are data dvd s and so don t show up very well in a regularlar DVD player attached to a TV I thought I had gotten really well informed lately I felt I had conquered the DVD making woes of my world Today I downloaded DVD burning all my photos to my laptop which has Vista which includes Windows DVD maker I copied all the folders to the DVD maker interface put a DVD in the drive and clicked it started encoding and copying It took hours to do the job Result There are only folders that copied that s problem Problem is that even if they were all there how do I choose which folder DVD burning I want to see Can I create some kind of directory I hope someone can help me with my problems All I want is to watch my photos on my TV screen I m not asking for much it seems Thanks nbsp

A:DVD burning

Well for number one I'm wondering what size those 13 files were in aggregate, what did the DVD maker produce and what size was that production (because sometimes the original files are included on the disc) so if the size of whatever was burned to the DVD was 4.08 gigs or larger, that's a full single sided DVD and the reason it only used 13.
Number 2, I'm assuming DVD maker made slideshow video(s)? IF so that's pretty standard operating procedure. A lot of DVD players (you'd have to check the specs to be sure) will play back data discs with folder structured jpeg format photos so that's one possibility.
Otherwise you need to do some pre-processing of your photos to allow for selecting a set for playback much like selecting a chapter in a movie--you'll need to author a DVD in the same way where each chapter would be one set of your photos you want to playback. Specific sofware programs like Premiere Elements and Studio allow for arrangement, chaptering and authoring all in one continuous multi-stepping process but you can also put together video clip slideshows of your photos in groups and save them as DV-AVI files from Windows Movie Maker. Then with a program like DVDFlick you can arrange those video clips as desired and set the program to create a new chapter or "next" point with each video. The makers of DVDFlick are working on a version that will also alow you to write a menu on the disc as well but for now that program is limited by that aspect. Of course the two pay-for programs above allow for easy menu selectable chaptering which is probably more along the lines of what you're looking for.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.674134/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have been trying for months to burn a dvd with home movies. If I get the dvd to burn I can not see it when I play it on my dvd player. I've used several different softwares to burn dvds. Everything I try doesn't work for me. I need help.

Relevancy 27.52%

Hello I'm trying to rip a previosly recorded cd-r and my player is not reading it. It will read an original cd but not a cd-r. What should I do.

Hi there, you need to be more specific, give us brief details.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.635350/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey guys I've got an ISO file I want to burn to CD so when I pop it in the drive the autorun starts and it's ready to install. I've got Nero 6 Ultra Edition installed. What's the best way to do this?

Thanks

A:Burning an ISO

- recorder>burn image and nav to the ISO

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-an-iso.579233/
Relevancy 27.52%

i have some files for a game on my computer and i want to burn them as an iso in either cd-rom or dvd-rom so i can play the game, i have alcohol 120, daemon, nero, and a few other programs for burn, ohw do i do that

Relevancy 27.52%

Hey guys, I seen it once either here or somewhere on the net, what kind of cds are best for copying sony playstation games? And/ or where can I find this info?

A:burning cds

i haven't had a problem with any PSX games on any CDS...I usually get them at Sam's or BJ's

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burning-cds.45175/
Relevancy 27.52%

Are there any power toys or shell extensions or other somesuch that allow DVD's to be burnt like CD's right from the Windows Explorer? Nero has been pissing me off lately and I don't want to shell out money if I don't have to.

A:Dvd Burning In Xp

In order to burn CD's that way, you need an extra bit of software. Turns out InCD, which comes with Nero, is that software. If you have InCD, you should be able to drag files into a burnable folder. Make sure InCD is updated (from the Nero site) because a bug in it can prevent going into Safe Mode.CD Burner XP Pro is a program that can write to DVD's and CD's.Info on backup options here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50683/dvd-burning-in-xp/
Relevancy 27.52%

i burned a CD with music files on it (mp3) and a friend of mine told me i didn't need to convert the files to anything. i used adaptec easy CD creator 4. and it said the CD burned successfully, but...when i tried to play the CD in a player, it didn't work. what am i doing wrong?

A:CD burning

Hi inanothersky,

If you want to play MP3's in a standard CD player, you'll have to convert them to .WAV files first.

Regular CD players can't recognize or play the MP3 format.

Use Easy CD Creator to convert the MP3's files to .WAV format first, then burn the .WAV files to the CD-R. Depending on how old your CD player is, you may or may not be able to play the CD-R in it.

Go to http://www.cdrom-guide.com/cdindex.cgi for more information regarding CD-RW and burning CD's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.47948/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi All, When I try to burn a cd, using Adaptec CD Creater, I get to the recording phase and get an error : error in input device. I can play audio cd's, but just can't burn.

A:Cd-Rom and burning

Do you have a CDRW drive? What brand and model is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-rom-and-burning.72205/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

I have Sonic DigitalMedia plus and want to burn CDs, but I don't know which kinds I need. What's the difference between CD-R and CD-RW, also the +/- signs, and which one do I need to use?

A:New to CD Burning

CDR = write once CD. CD cannot be re-used after filling it.
CDRW = re-writable CD. You can erase the cd's full contents at any time and re-use it.
CDR's are far more likely to play on other devices away from your computer, burn faster and are cheaper.
+/- = DVD's not CD's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-to-cd-burning.616573/
Relevancy 27.52%

hey tech support guy forums
i'm hoping i can get some help with this... it probably has been posted somewhere before the answer to my question, but i really can't find the thread.

so,

i have the following files, and a trial version of nero 7 (which allows me to use all functions for a limited time). i need to figure out how to burn them onto a DVD+R disc (or maybe a VCD, i don't know!)

these are the files that i have

VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB
VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_5.VOB

all of those files are in a "VIDEO_TS" folder
outside of the folder is a 1kb ".MD5" file

help, please

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

I have burn some CDs of 74Min 650MB. Now, I'm planning to burn CDs of 80Min 700MB. I'm just wondering when burning a CD-R of 80Min 700MB, is it the drive that's supporting it or the software? or are all drives able to burn onto 80MB CD w/ the support of the software?

thanks

Relevancy 27.52%

I am trying to get my sisters computer set up to burn dvd's but I'm having problems. She wants to be able to burn her favorite dvd's because her husband travels for his job and sometimes they are gone for long periods of time and she doesn't want to risk damaging her originals by hauling them all over the country.
Her computer is Pavilion XL768 - Win XP Prof. - 900 Mhz - a dvd burner and a dvd rom - and she has Nero 7 essentials and DVD Shrink but I am having trouble figuring out how to use them. I've read the info but still stuck. When I try to use the DVD Shrink it just tries to save it to her computer and says it will take like 5 hours to complete. I want to be able to burn directly from the dvd rom to the dvd burner. Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

~susiejo

Relevancy 27.52%

i have an hd movie that is in MKV format. Nero does not support that file type and most of the video converters i have come out with bad quality when i convert it. does anyone know of a burning program that will allow me to burn that onto a dvd and play it in a dvd player?

A:mkv burning

There are plenty of methods on this forum.Try something:
http://www.moviecodec.com/topics/4727p1.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mkv-burning.628576/
Relevancy 27.52%

A few months back I was able to Burning Cd's quot burn quot my photos to CD with no problems at all everything turned out Burning Cd's ok The other day I played the same Cd only to find that all photos were now Burning Cd's coasters and were stills I ve since tried to copy and burn my latest photos and the XP programme will now only copy to disc ending up with all being coasters and no slideshow On searching for info I found this microsoft web site Fix a balky Burner and it goes on to say you shouldn t need to do anything special to get it working under Windows XP home edition or professional etc etcIt then goes on make sure that the feature is properly configured which I have done and it ok It then says if the drive is configured correctly but you end up with coasters instead of readable CD s check to make sure Windows XP Service Pack was installed Problems in the original release of Windows XP resulted in problems with certain CD-R drives these issues were fixed in SP I don t appear to have SP update on my puter strange becasue I have it set on automatic downloads however I went to the update site and it tells me that I can t now download SP and SP a isnot available unless you have SP I have SP update and it says all problems have been fixed with this update obviously the CD burning problem has not Anyone able to advise or help please Thx

A:Burning Cd's

What kind of disks are you using? CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, etcWhat did you use to burn the disks? Was it the built in Windows burner or another program?Try this free tool to burn a disk. It doesn't require installation, so it'll avoid many of the problems that other programs have: http://www.silentnight2004.com/microburner.html Let us know if it works or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82075/burning-cds/
Relevancy 27.52%

I just got a DVD burner and i was wondering if anyone could tell me how you can burn copryrighted dvd's-i know theres some way by like decoding the dvd and stuff but i dont know how to do it-if any1 could help please let me know

A:DVD Burning

Reopening as it has been pointed out it is legal to make one backup copy of dvd material.

although one archival copy of the software can be made, the backup copy cannot be used except when the original package fails or is destroyedClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning.68785/
Relevancy 27.52%

can anyone help me?

i need to find some cd buring software for the MAC OS that will burn cd's and make bootable cd's like nero does for the pc.

cant find anything that does this.

Thanks,

Caine

A:CD burning?

Disco or Roxio Toast

Also for just burning just files you can just drag and drop then click burn. For burning isos and images you can use Disk Utility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.65621/
Relevancy 27.52%

I Have Got My Pics Burned Onto A Cd, How Do I Make It Where I Can Make It Play On My Tv's Dvd Player??? Please Help!!

Relevancy 27.52%

I am using XP with nero dvd writer softwre.

I am able write the CD-R/W in the same driver.

But if try to write in new DVD-R, the drive not available, tried to put different disks.

If see from explore ,it is showing zero bytes free space.

What is the problem , how to get solved.

A:Burning DVD-R

Hi is your cd a cd/dvd reader and writer or just cd r/w?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/27931/burning-dvd-r/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hey I have used Dvd decrypter for a year now and I have never updated it because thay stopped makin it but I have had no problems I'm happy but I'm wondering if I am gettin the max of my Dvd Burners patential (Is there a better Dvd buring program out there)I also9 use Dvd shrink

A:Burning dvd's

So you have software that decrypts and copies DVDs.

Maybe its just me but thats illegal and unethical.:unch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burning-dvds.63042/
Relevancy 27.52%

I have a video file that i wud like to burn to a dvd ( i want to be able to watch it on my television ) does anyone know of a free program that works?

A:DVD Burning Help

Is it an image or a file.If it is a file then use nero to burn it.If it is an image burn it using Daemon tools,PowerISO,MagicISO,etc.Good Luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burning-help.576466/
Relevancy 27.52%

my system have e-ide cd-rom 52x/akh but will not allow burning or play dvd

Is this just Drive just a CD-Rom???

If you go to My Computer what does it say?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-burning.579940/
Relevancy 27.52%

I was wondering if I should use DVD Fab Platinum or DVD Shrink for DVD backup and burning.

A:DVD Burning Help

DVD Shrink isn't updated/supported anymore so it won't let you back up the latest dvd's. DVD Fab is updated regularly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burning-help.82517/
Relevancy 27.52%

ok....I am trying to drag and drop selected songs from a number of different CD's to compile onto a new one. Everything is fine until I try to burn, then it asks for a disc to be inserted into my "slave" cd slot - not the burner and it won't take.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 27.52%

I read somewhere recently that win 7 can create an iso file, just by sticking a cd and right click on the desktop and choose Burn. It suppose to have its own iso burner built in. I did just as that message said and nothing popped up. Now, it could be that it may be only on one of the win 7 versions, mine is the home premium one. I wish people when they offer suggestions to make it clear on which versions,

Relevancy 27.52%

Hi

I wanted to burn a cd today only to find i could'nt, I thought I had something called roxio, I havent used it for about a year, but for some reason its no longer there, I have'nt deleted anything. I have real player but the cd burner is disabled. Can someone advise me on what to do get it set up again, and do I have to pay. I am a bit thick when it comes to the tech side of computers, so please keep it simple.

Thanks

A:CD burning

Roxio quite often is included with retail DVD recorder/player's like the LG.

Do you have a support disk like that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-burning.111357/
Relevancy 27.52%
Q: Burning

Hey would anyone be kind enough to teach me how to burn games and movies using nero?

Relevancy 27.52%

I am new with VCD burning.I have Nero V5.572.I had no problem burning video clips taken by Epson photo PC3100Z into CD-R. My question is whether it is possible to do multisession with video clips.They are only 25 secs each.I tried but it won't write when I try a second set later. I couldn't see a multisession in the VCD writing menu and no radio button for closing was seen. Any body with Nero?Thanks.

A:VCD Burning

This question would be better answered at VCDhelp.com.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vcd-burning.84926/