Windows Support Forum

Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work

Q: Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work

Under Win I set up an additional user account named quot admin quot which is member of the user group quot Administrators quot The predefined account quot Administrator quot is disabled I did this on all four PC's in my home network All PC's are using Windows pro except one which is already upgraded to Windows pro All PC's are members of a work group On one PC I set up some shares which can be accessed by all users for reading very easy because all accounts exist on each PC and the passwords for the accounts are the same on each PC What shares Admin Access account not Administrator does to using instead work now happens or Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work better to say not happens is the following A normal user on a PC can access the shares on the Win PC providing the shares without any problems The user quot admin quot can not access The error message tells me that the account is not enabled This happens on the Windows PC and on one Windows PC It works without Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work any problems from the Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work third PC When I enabled the account quot Administrator quot on the Win PC providing the shares it works It seems that Windows uses the wrong credentials to connect to the share It is confusing that it occurs only on two of three PC's If someone could help I would be grateful

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Access to shares using account Admin instead Administrator does not work

Hi Biker,
Thank you for your question.
For troubleshooting, we could do the following steps:

Configure the share file on other PC, then use this account which has admin permission to check if the issue persistDelete this account profile on two PCs which share didn?t work, then rebuild the Windows profile to check if the issue persistTurn off Windows firewall on two PCs to check if the issue persist
If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know.
Best Regard,
Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

Jim Xu
TechNet Community Support

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4364011b-a200-4a31-aa94-e916c7eeb23a/access-to-shares-using-account-admin-instead-administrator-does-not-work?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 82.56%

I have discovered that there is a difference between the original local "Administrator" account and my (local) admin account. For instance my admin account cannot add a new user, whereas "Administrator" can.

I absolutely do not want an MS online account - I want to have a local Admin account (not "Administrator" itself) but with the same rights as Administrator, for example being able to add a new user.

This was possible in previous versions of Windows - can it still be achieved and if so, how?

A:Give Local account with Admin rights, same access as "Administrator"?`

You need to add your new local account to the administrators group. To do this log in with your original Administrator account. Then open an elevated command prompt (right click on start and select Command Prompt (admin).

Then type: net localgroup administrators "UserName" /add

where UserName is the name of your new local account.

You can check which users belong to the various groups with these commands:
net localgroup guests
net localgroup users
net localgroup administrators

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/56221-give-local-account-admin-rights-same-access-administrator.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hey, I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium on my HP Pavilion Slimline Desktop and I need help getting my Standard user account back to Administrator. I can't run certain programs and I also can't install and uninstall anything. I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restore. I have already tried Safe Mode and I can't enable and built in admin either. Please help me! Thank you!

A:How can I put my Standard user account back to Administrator when the ASP.NET Machine account is admin?

How are you trying to change the type of account?I don't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk to do restoreDo you mean System Restore? If you are, you don't need the installation disk to do this.To use System Restore click on the start orb. In the search box type in System Restore. In the list of results click on System Restore, if you are prompted for an administrator password type it in.Follow the prompts to choose a restore point and restore your computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/479959/how-can-i-put-my-standard-user-account-back-to-administrator-when-the-aspnet-machine-account-is-admin/
Relevancy 76.54%

I was recently at my friend s business and they have a really scary scenario First they are setup in a workgroup not domain on XP They share files not only through explorer but through programs like Quicken Word etc Normally there are users on their businesses wireless network sharing files such as financial data personal information and other extremely confidential stuff Recently as an effect of the hurricane they had many students move into the location since they were all displaced There are now different users connected wirelessly and they are all capable Denied? desperate need help In security. for Shares on Access mapped, Hidden admin of viewing modifying Hidden Shares mapped, Access Denied? In desperate need for admin help on security. deleting this confidential information I suggested encrypting the wireless network blocking off access to the students but they have had threats from students saying they will leave if they can t get online to do their studies The company can t really afford that and have already had some people reset the router physically Still that wouldn t solve the serious security issue here I thought about creating password protected folders but for some reason I can t set that up in their XP I am capable of making a hidden share after turning off simple file sharing but whenever I mapped it on the other computers and tried to access it I got the quot Access Denied quot However regular shares such as the information we re trying to secure from everyone else opens up fine There must be some way to totally secure this financial data and student information even grades because as it goes right now every single student has the capability of viewing modifying and deleting it I thought about adding another wireless router behind the current wireless router and placing only them on the second router but I m not sure how secure that would be I planned on going there after I get out of school to help them out and they even gave me the go ahead to get them any parts if necessary Any suggestions This is really bothering me I would appreciate the help nbsp

A:Hidden Shares mapped, Access Denied? In desperate need for admin help on security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hidden-shares-mapped-access-denied-in-desperate-need-for-admin-help-on-security.442576/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a laptop with Vista plus a desktop with XP Pro x64 on a home network. Everything works fine accept the desktop can't access the shared folders on the second user account of the laptop. The administrative account on the laptop shares fine. The second account is a standard account. Nothing shows up in the shared folder list for that account.

On the desktop it shows the second user folder of the laptop as being shared but when I click on it I get an error message saying I don't have permission to access it. The other shared folders work right.

I'm still pretty inexperienced with Vista so maybe there is something I forgot to do when setting this up.

A:Solved: Can't access shares from second user account

I found a fix for this. You have to add Everyone in the People to share with settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-shares-from-second-user-account.736527/
Relevancy 75.68%

I am running Windows 7 Pro. The last couple of pieces of software that I've tried to intall, over the last couple of days, have produced a 1303 error (insufficient authority to change start menu). The usual advice that I can find says to right click on the program and then choose Run as Administrator. The problem is, that's not an option I get when I right click.

I was twiddling with various settings a last week and probably changed something that I shouldn't have. I am the only user on the computer, my account supposedly has administrative privledges. I've read about how to enable the "real" administrator account, but it seems more likely that I changed something regarding permissions in my usual account to cause this and I'd rather change it back. What obscure settings might result in loosing the Run as Administrator option and preventing software installation.

Thanks!

JulietS

A:No Run as Administrator option on an admin account

Read this tutorial and see if it helps any...
User Account Control - UAC - Change Notification Settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114225-no-run-administrator-option-admin-account.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm trying to install Dropbox. When I double-click the installer file, I get a pop-up like this:
No matter which option I select, or which of the 3 account credentials I use (All administrator accounts) I get the following:
This happens with other software as well. Why would it be asking for credentials at all when I'm using an administrator account? And why can I not seem to provide administrator rights?

PS: Here's the SysInfo stuff:

Code:
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2010 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 45 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1), 781 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 101196 MB, Free - 9419 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0G848F
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello All I'm delighted No to accounts change /Cannot Admin admin user account existing Access to have found you and after a long day of trying to help myself i am now requiring your much appreciated assistance please I'm not a techy person at all and am hoping someone can help Last week my husband purchased a new hp laptop which No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account came with Windows On setup i used my No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account microsoft account to login with a pin the account was setup as administrator No Admin Access /Cannot change existing user accounts to admin account thinking i could change things later About days later i added a standard user account for my husband with a microsoft account login with pin I wanted to make his the administrator account but thought i had better change mine to a standard account first My mistake Now i cannot change anything i have tried to use the cmd prompt to run as administrator - it asks for administrator permission and does not allow me to enter a password or yes I have tried all suggestions to enable the hidden windows account but all ask for the same permission I have tried to go to setup recovery troubleshoot advanced option system restore - it requests an administrator password and when i entered what i thought is mine it does not work Feeling a little Does anybody know anyway i can go back in time to start again or how do i access administrator rights as i really need to add programs etc Thank you for any help given

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/61945-no-admin-access-cannot-change-existing-user-accounts-admin-account.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi

Ive stumbled across a problem that has been causing me grief for a few days now, every time I try to access my hard drive (C disk) it says, access is denied. Also, i cant edit permissions because I've lost admin rights. Ive tried many things including unlocking the system admin, this lets me access a few extra things like being able to use the sfc command in cmd, however, it doesn't allow me to access the C disk or change permission because it also has lost admin rights? I fear that this is a bad problem and I don't know how it happened. I have tried restoring to a previous date and that doesn't work either.

Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Shimin4tor

A:[SOLVED] Access denied to C disk and lost admin rights to system admin account

Hi and welcome to TSF so you have tried win 7 hidden admin Enable the (Hidden) Administrator Account on Windows 7 or Vista
have you installed or downloaded anything in the recent past

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-access-denied-to-c-disk-and-lost-admin-rights-to-system-admin-account-693530.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello I am running windows vista home addition and all of a sudden I have no rights to update my anti-virus uninstall install software or do a windows update it just says access denied or you do not have enough priviledges please contact your administrator I booted into anymore admin rights Administrator any not have account does Safe mode logged in with the admin account to take a look at my regular account and it does say that both accounts on the computer are administrator accounts so I am not sure why admin rights are not working I tried creating a new admin account and rebooted logged into the new admin account and the newly created admin account doesn't have any Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore rights either I am not sure what else I can try or even how this happened because I have had this computer for over months and have always had admin rights no one Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore else uses this computer so I know someone did not change these settings Any one have any other suggestions Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore Greatly appreiciated

A:Administrator account does not have any admin rights anymore

Welcome
Try the following
Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full updated scan with malwarebytes.
If you are clean read these tutorials, for both Vista and Seven
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...rs-groups.html

Finally, if everything checks out ok, if you can, go back to good times with System Restore.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/289762-administrator-account-does-not-have-any-admin-rights-anymore.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I just got the hp p6823w computer and my user account is set to administrator.
Windows won't let me Install/Uninstall any programs. The Install program problem only happens with a .MSI file extension. I also can't "Run as administrator" on anything but a .EXE file extension. Also, if all this wasn't bad enough. Windows troubleshooter finds no error.

Additionally, I downloaded a Microsoft Mr. Fix it tool for the install/uninstall programs.
It returned a corrupt registry key for that program. I ran Ccleaner and nothing...

I am good with windows 7 but this is crazy!

Thanks in advanced,
CProgrammer3088

A:Cannot run programs as Administrator on the Admin account - Windows 7

Hello CProgrammer3088, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if either one of the tutorials below may be able to restore "Run as administrator" to the context menu of the other file extensions. Run as Administrator - Add or Remove from Context Menu in Windows 7
Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu
Run as administrator - Add to VBS File Context Menu
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239743-cannot-run-programs-administrator-admin-account-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello everybody... I'm in trouble. I have a laptop that I share with my brother and I want to make him administrator as me. So, we have 2 accounts as administrator and both the same privilages. What I want is to make him not possible to delete mine or to remove me as administrator or to change my password. How can I do it?
I just want to block this "featuare". Nothing else. Just to prevent problems you know...
I have windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Thanks for your help

A:How to forbid an administrator to delete another admin account?

Hello Vitos, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The only way would be to make their account to be a standard user type instead.

User Account Type - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277363-how-forbid-administrator-delete-another-admin-account.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi guys when my pc gets to the first screen where you choose your account my admin account has changed from my name to 'Other user' and when I click on it it asks for a username and password. Also trying to access files from the admin account when it prompts me with a password I enter it and the dialogue box goes away as if it has accepted the password but does not let me access the files. Any help appreciated thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381483-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-files-using-admin-p-w.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I'm just getting a new HP Envy - computer set up Came with and then was upgraded to I started with a Microsoft id which set me up as Administrator and that's working fine I set up a Local account with Type Administrator which it shows in the User Account profile I expected that this new Admin account would be a full-on Admin with the ability to see and edit all files pictures documents etc including system stuff but it does none of that If I check the Properties Security on a folder file it will show the account saying that it is Admin and showing the same controls as my Admin account but it is unable to see any of the set but as Admin, as New Admin account doesn't 8.1 work Library documents which reside in the structure under my Admin name which is where I pasted them after copying from my Win machine I haven't really done any other testing to see what else it could could not do once I found it couldn't even pick a new account picture for itself Are my expectations wrong or is there something else I should have done or done differently I have deleted and then recreated it I haven't done anything with Homegroup as there is nothing to share Should I We're a single computer printer home My goal is too have New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin only two accounts This new one as Admin account and a new Standard account for daily use both as Local Accounts New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin then remove my Microsoft Admin user account Thanks for your help

A:New 8.1 account set as Admin, but doesn't work as Admin

Have You taken ownership of them?
This should work in windows 8.1 too. It works in My Windows 8.
Take Ownership of a File or Folder
Read the directions.

An administrator can take ownership of any file on the computer.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/512168/new-81-account-set-as-admin-but-doesnt-work-as-admin/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a set of folder I encrypted from my user account. I haven't figured out how to access them from my admin account.

In reverse, while logged on my admin account, I droppped some files into folder encrypted by my user account. I can't access those files when I log on as a user.

How can I get access to all my encrypted files regardless of which logon I use?

A:Access my user account encrypted files from my admin account?

Umm...if you could access encrypted files from another user that would remove the whole point of encrypting the files to begin with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/180997-access-my-user-account-encrypted-files-my-admin-account.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I want to activate the default Administrator account. After I enter the command "net user Administrator /active:yes", an administrator account named "admin", not "Administrator", appears. Since what I want is Administrator, not admin, I try to change account name from admin to Administrator. I get an error message saying the account name Administrator already exists. Where is it? I wonder.

Anyway, how do I activate the default administrator account Administrator? Thanks.

A:net user Administrator /active:yes activates account admin, not Admini

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/344357-net-user-administrator-active-yes-activates-account-admin-not-admini.html
Relevancy 73.1%

OK please bear with removed Hidden with Admin account works doesn't UAC but Administrator me I'm not a newbie and not ignorant of basic Windows parameters but neither do I consider myself an expert - Hidden Administrator works but Admin account with UAC removed doesn't hence seeking your generous help I am running as TESTADMIN an account which is a member of the Administrators group on a Windows x Nov update machine This was a clean install not an upgrade I have installed an application Quickbooks Premier as TESTADMIN Everything generally works fine but there is one component which I have to use which needs UAC permission to activate That component starts a service that allows sharing of files across the Hidden Administrator works but Admin account with UAC removed doesn't network Once that service is started the application seeks UAC permissions to open Despite them being granted the application fails to load The service however loads fine and indeed does successfully allow the files to be shared across the network with other installations If I activate the hidden ADMINISTRATOR account and run the program from within that account then I have no problem whatsoever I have tried downgrading the UAC rights of the TESTADMIN account but no luck The service the files accessed and the program files all have permissions that give read write access to TESTADMIN I can see nothing that TESTADMIN does not have permission to access My understanding was that the ADMINISTRATOR account differed from TESTADMIN only by it's degree of UAC control But clearly there is something else the ADMINISTRATOR can do that TESTADMIN cannot How can I found out what it is and thereby begin the process of increasing permissions

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36201-hidden-administrator-works-but-admin-account-uac-removed-doesnt.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I just realized that I am unable to access my other users accounts (which are limited) desktops. I use documents and settings folder to get there, but I get this error:

"C:\Documents and Setting\Natalie and Dave\Desktop

Access is denied."

I can access the other limited account, but just not "Natalie and Dave's" desktop. I don't know why either, I am the only administrator account and I am able to access one of two limited accounts desktop.

Is there anything I can do, besides removing the account? Thanks!

A:Administrator account unable to access limited account's desktop?

You can try taking ownership if you're really an administrator.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
I don't know what effect that will have when Natalie and Dave try to log in though (if they'll have permission to access their own Desktop that is).
The other possibility is corruption in the file system. If that's the case, run chkdsk /f from the command line (click start, (all) programs, accessories, command prompt, and type chkdsk /f press y and then reboot). When it reboots it will run the disk check, then reboot again. You can see the results of the chkdsk in your event viewer. (control panel (classic view), administrative tools, event viewer, application log, and look for events named winlogon).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/administrator-account-unable-to-access-limited-accounts-desktop-321977.html
Relevancy 70.52%

My mom is visiting and brought her computer complaining that she couldn't get online The problem seems to be much bigger than that I tried searching the forums and could only get so far I enabled the hidden admin account and booted into safe mode Going into the control panel Clicking on System user accounts or recovery does nothing The screen just sits there Clicking on device manager brings up an error message Microsoft management console MMC cannot open the file C windows system devmgmt msc This may be because the file does not exist is not an MMC console or was created by a later version of MMC This may also be because you do not have sufficient access to the file The file is located there and dated The pc is an hp running windows I cannot get much more info than that because clicking on system doesn't bring up the info I am not sure where to go from here I can't restore if the restore program isn't working

A:Recovery does not work, admin account does not work

Try running sfc /scannow to repair important Windows files usually takes 5 to 10 minutes. Open up windows command prompt (cmd). Go to start orb and click, then in the search box type in cmd and hit enter. In the cmd window type in sfc /scannow...just as you see it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271016-recovery-does-not-work-admin-account-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Guys,

This is driving me crazy (again!) I am trying to fix my friends laptop as I believe possibly some malware is around. He has set himself up a a standard user which was not the smartest of moves. I cannot run any applications without UAC blocking my every move. When I try to open the command prompt (run) and run as administrator it asks me to contimue, "type an administrator password and then click OK". BUT BUT there is nowhere to type this password and indeed the last time I opened up the hidden admin account I was granted access in through ...no probs....this time nope!! I read somewhere that this could be a high level malware attack which takes control of UAC apart from this the PC "seem" to be operating ok.

Any ideas??

Many Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/215347-no-access-admin-account.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I forgot the password to my admin account, so I have to use the guest account. However, the guest account won't let me change or download things without the admin password. I've tried downloading software to get the password, but it won't let me. Please help, I can't afford to reboot my computer.

--James

Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys fairly new to win but I do remember quite fondly and everything else leading up to this leadbelly software Ok first and last bitch My son account access HELP!! admin Cant decided to give my mother his new then PC She has a slow dial up and in the transition of adding her as admin and deleting him the network failed long enough to HELP!! Cant access admin account not allow her admin status to take effect but oddly enough allowing him to be deleted as admin no big deal I thought clueless as to the throttling grip MS has added to to date I have tried everything to resolve this issue but foiled at every turn Problem is the YES button is never highlighted in every event to add an admin password I have followed pretty much most quot solutions quot only to be be mocked at the finish line with no YES button ANY assistance would be welcomed Thanks Rob By the by I have since bought the Princess Bride and myself laptops each with Win and was quite happy until I upgraded to and lost my desktop pic Bizarre goneski and after searching forever found the pix in some obscure folder not of my making What is this dark majic you dabble in Mister Gates

A:HELP!! Cant access admin account

Have you tried to turn on the built in Administrator account?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

You can use this to then make a new Administrator type user.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35097-help-cant-access-admin-account.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Can't access my admin account. Mistakenly replaced the standard and admin accounts. I tried creating an admin account with gmail adress. Didn't get any email on google account or a password for the account. Now I can't access it and I'm stuck with a standard account. Did anyone have the same/similar problem?

A:Can't access admin account on win 8.1

Hello Mario, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if you may be able to use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to enable the built-in Administrator account at boot. Afterwards, sign in to it to fix your account.

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59414-cant-access-admin-account-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I've been given a works laptop windows 8 with a user account but need to make changes to settings at will,as the administrator is virtually impossible to get hold of. I was wondering if I managed to hack that account whether it would affect the overall company domain or just the pc.hope you can understand my explanation as I'm no cyber chimp.also is there a way to access admin status without being found out!!

A:Access to admin account on pc

If it's a works machine then no you're out of luck. IT have purposely limited the machine for a reason of security. If you do hack it they will know.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/access-admin-account-pc-4605090/
Relevancy 68.37%

I cannot access my admin account on my pc. I get as far as the log on screen, enter my password, then the following error message appears: "Your account has been disabled. Please see your system administrator".
I only have 1 account on this machine (the account i cant access!!!). The computer is connected to a network.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dougie

Relevancy 68.37%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz, x64 Family 15 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2046 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 GS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 211033 MB, Free - 113066 MB; D: Total - 27439 MB, Free - 17447 MB;
Motherboard: iQon.ie, 945GZM-S2, ,
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled:

eek:
when i try to access the admin account, it says "The user profile service service failed the logon. user profile cannot be loaded.
i cannot delete programs in control panel, the pc has 4 accounts, all password protected as well as admin. dya think it's something fixable or pc hospital. i asked for (and got, yay!) an external hard drive for my bday but am scared of messing and still not sorting the problem.
any advice gratefully received.

A:cannot access admin account

I've encounter this problem in win xp not in vista yet. But I believe the solution maybe about the same. Do you now using guest profile,normal user profile or admin profile? Because you say that the pc has 4 accounts that has password protected as well as admin. I suggest you read:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/1...-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html

make sure that you read carefully instruction on both of the website. If you can try to obtain at least one admin account to do this fix. Have you try to boot in safe mode to delete the account?? I believe that maybe that the admin account that you want to access is corrupted. well good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-admin-account.986520/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi This will be my second time using this site and I found the last time to be very helpful but forgive me if I have forgotten a few things and let me know what I can do to make it easier for you to help I have read up on others discussing similiar issues as mine but the details on these posts required hijack this logs and I am concerned to follow those instructions to the T because I know this can be different for each pc I recently had a slew of viruses infecting my computer O S Windows after my daughter years started And Administrator Panel As Unable The To Other Rights Access Admin Control going to her tweeny bopper sites and playing games Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator My computer became almost nonfunctional but I worked and clean and worked and ran numerous scans and finally got it clean to a point I can browse again comfortably and do my normal business online Well I decided that I wanted to take advantage and use theanitvurus suite and firewall my HSI service provides me but found I am unable to access anything needing administrative priviledges error quot This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer Please contact your system administrator quot Well I am the system administrator and I only have one other profile and I give it administrator rights I imagine since this only began after my numerous attempts to correct the problem myself using my allready installed antivirus AVG spybot search and destroy and adaware but I have a feeling something is still really wrong I am listing my hijack this log to see if it helps and forgive me again if I do this wrong Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINNT System smss exeC WINNT system winlogon exeC WINNT system services exeC WINNT system lsass exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT system LEXBCES EXEC WINNT system spoolsv exeC WINNT system LEXPPS EXEC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINNT system hidserv exeC Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin ptssvc exeC WINNT system regsvc exeC WINNT system MSTask exeC WINNT system stisvc exeC WINNT wanmpsvc exeC WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exeC WINNT system svchost exeC WINNT System svchost exeC WINNT Explorer exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXEC Program Files Logitech ImageStudio LogiTray exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmgr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files Lexmark Series lxczbmon exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC Documents and Settings All Users Application Data AOL UserProfiles All Users antiSpyware dat updates aspapp sunsetAsp exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC program files common files aol ee services antiSpywareApp ver AOLSP Scheduler exec program files common files aol ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows NT Accessories wordpad exeC PROGRA WINZIP winzip exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net a cookieattempt R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet... Read more

A:Unable To Access Control Panel And Other Admin Rights As The Administrator

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum curlysinagainMy name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Download SDFix.exe and save it to your desktop:http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/RemovalTools/SDFix.exe* Double click on SDFix on your desktop,and install the fix to C:\ Please then reboot your computer into Safe Mode by doing the following:* Restart your computer* After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;* Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;* Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".* Choose your usual account.* In Safe Mode,go to and open the C:\SDFix folder,then double click on RunThis.bat to start the script.* Type Y to begin the script.* It will remove the Trojan Services then make some repairs to the registry and prompt you to press any key to Reboot.* Press any Key and it will restart the PC.* Your system will take longer that normal to restart as the fixtool will be running and removing files.* When the desktop loads the Fixtool will complete the removal and display Finished, then press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.* Finally open the SDFix folder on your desktop and copy and paste the contents of the results file Report.txt into your next reply.If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version now.WarningYou should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an expert,not for private use. Using this tool incorrectly could render your system/pc inoperable.Now download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.NoteIn case your Antivirus or any other realtime scanner is displaying an alert after you downloaded Combofix or while you use Combofix,please disable your scanner and redownload Combofix again.Some scanners may see some combofix related components as suspicious and block or delete them while there's nothing wrong with them.Also post a new Hijackthis log please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124084/unable-to-access-control-panel-and-other-admin-rights-as-the-administrator/
Relevancy 67.94%

My Wireless internet wont work on a limited account or the guest account, can anyone tell me why??

I know i havnt explained much, but i will answer any questions anyone needs to know to help, just not sure what is relevant and what isnt

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-will-only-work-on-administrator-account.691668/
Relevancy 67.94%

On my parents HP laptop with Windows XP, we can't access the Administrator Account. It keeps sending us to a temporary account. When we get to the Welcome screen before the Desktop, one box pops up and says,"Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insecure security rights or a corrupt local file." At the bottom of this one it says that it can't write over, read, or flush out a file. A second box pops up and says,"Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile."

I've tried restoring the system but it won't work, and our Antivirus program,Windows Live OneCare, says there's nothing wrong with our computer. I really don't know what else to do,so I hope someone can help me.

How do I get rid of whatever it is that won't let me access that account?

A:Can not access Administrator Account.

Try booting the computer into Safe Mode and log in as the Administrator. or you can Disable the Local Administrator account http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281140

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-access-administrator-account-437977.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I account access Cannot administrator hope you can help me with my problem It s quite complicated so please bear with me Thank you My shareware version of StyleXP expired today so I uninstalled it However I didnt realize that I had set my welcome screen to a custom rd party logon screen and since I ve uninstalled it that custom screen was deleted along with the program Now when i Cannot access administrator account restarted my computer I was greeted with the classic logon with a black background the dialog box where I type my username and password instead of the default blue graphical welcome screen of winxp It s probably because the computer cannot find the path to the cusomized logon screen since it got deleted through the uninstallation and therefore I have to access my admin account via classic logon Now here s the tricky problem My administrator username is in japanese characters and I cannot type japanese characters on classic logon I don t have a japanese keyboard During the time I had StyleXP I changed my username computer name to Cannot access administrator account japanese characters via copy and paste Now I am left with a restricted guest account Is there a way at all to access my administrator Cannot access administrator account account Is there a way to revert back to the old welcome screen the blue xp background I can only use my guest account for now Thank you very much in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-administrator-account.303553/
Relevancy 67.94%

hi, on my HP laptop running Win Xp Pro sp2 fully uptodate -

I wanted to put on passwords. First password protected the Administrator account and made it private. Then made another admin acct with a different name and a couple of limited user accounts.

I remember all the passwords.

problem - I cannot get back to the Administrator account which has a lot of files etc that I want. I can get on to the other admin-privilege account with no problems. On page that lists all the accounts for logging on, the Administrator does not appear. Controlaltdelete does not seem to help tho one time I did get in so I know it is still there somehow. I get in to the other acct that has administrator privileges but it does not have the files I need.

so - what to do? Thanks!

A:Administrator account - cant access

You should find, at the log on (with the display pictures you click), if you pres ctrl+alt+del TWICE, it should bring up a log in box where you can type Administrator as the username, and then your password.

(You may need to try this in safe mode, if it's XP Home)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/administrator-account-cant-access-185362.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I am running windows xp and under "user accounts" I am listed as an administrator but when I try to install yahoo messenger 5.0 (old version) it says " You do not have access to make the required system configuration modifications. Please rerun this program from an adminstrators account." A similar thing happens when I try to install the latest version of yahoo messenger. It stops in mid install and says try again after restart. Can someone help me please? I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

By the way the problem started after my wife deleted yahoo messenger to try and install it again because her pictures would not load up on her messenger account......

A:Need Access To Administrator Account

Is yours the only admin account on the computer?

How did your wife "uninstall" the program? Did she use the Windows utility in Add/Remove programs or just delete files?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46569/need-access-to-administrator-account/
Relevancy 67.94%

When the system loads up the error message below pops up:

The user profile service failed the logon, user profile cant be loaded

Can u let me know what action I could take to resolve this.

Kind regard

Dannimgo3

A:Cannot access administrator account

Try booting up in the safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-administrator-account.877078/
Relevancy 67.94%

I was using my computer and wanted to change the security setting and access level of the folder where the windows was installed. When i right clicked on the folder and then selected the properties,then the security tab and i saw many users ,which i think i have not created,. So, I deleted all the users and something went wrong now as I lost access to the whole folder of windows, Folder C.
I am logged in as an administrator but still i don't have access to anything. I can't manage accounts, I can't create new accounts and I am really confused .
Please help me.
Thanks
Dr.Jadran

A:No access to administrator account.

Try doing a system restore until before you deleted the accounts, then go to control panel>user accounts and family safety>add or remove users. remove the ones u dont want, u may also want to search their files just in case somehow they have something of importance to u

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241500-no-access-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 67.94%

How do I access the Administrator's account in Vista.

To be clear, I am not asking about a user with administrator's priviledges. I want to access THE Administrator's account.

Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, hope someone can help me with this.

I switched on the Guest account and changed the account type to admin, then turned my only other account from admin to standard, then turned off guest account, i done this as i was told it is best to only use a standard account on a day to day basis, anyway i now cannot access the "manage another account" page, i get a popup with "To continue, type in an administrator password and then click yes" point is there is no password setup in either the guest account or the standard one, cannot do anything without that popup happening. I cannot access the guest account because it is switched off.

any advise is most welcome.

A:Can't Access Admin Account to make changes

See here:

User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7 - Sevenforums
How to Reset Your Forgotten Windows Password the Easy Way - How-To Geek
How to Reset Your Windows Password Without an Install CD - How-To Geek

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/269456-cant-access-admin-account-make-changes.html
Relevancy 67.51%

i need help im tired of watching silent videos from youtube im pretty decent at looking up information fix account admin to can't driver access on the web but i couldnt provide this time so bare with me as this is my first time posting anything in any forum i have a computer that my download happy stepmom screwed up and crashed it worked great untill she went can't access admin account to fix driver crazy and spent - hours a day everyday on myspace and she evidently followed every lead from myspace to download something a total of about gb worth can't access admin account to fix driver of downloads and then it crashed when i was on vacation and because can't access admin account to fix driver she couldnt get off myspace for a week untill i got home she did a system recovery herself without any technical knowledge or experience and ever since then there has been no sound she had me try to fix it once but she had withdraws after about minutes and kicked me off to go download more crap she moved out and i finally have unrestricted time allowances four months later with no way of backing up all my music videos documents and almost legal programs i cant seem to log on to the admin account to replace the driver manually XP home legacy with downloaded SP and as for a list of programs way to extensive to list when i boot into safe mode the screen pops up with the user account and the admin account no password but when i click on the admin account it says quot loading personal settings quot and then thats it i have control of the mouse up untill a time several hours later but it never leaves that screen when i click on the user account the thing logs right in i figured since the user account has admin abilities i could delete the defective driver manually but it says i dont have rights to do that i dont know what to do next so whatever anyone can do to help thanks nbsp

A:can't access admin account to fix driver

can everybody say something even if they dont know anything that way this post stays at the top please im tired of watching silent youtube videos

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-admin-account-to-fix-driver.730029/
Relevancy 67.51%

Omg my comp is so screwy First thing I noticed was that my help and support didn't work but i managed to reinstall some dll's and fixed it on Access Denied Admin Account! My system restore doesn't work It just says windows can not find lt link tree gt please type in name correctly and try again I could not fix that one Then I changed my SID with a SID generator to use a program Then after that my sister can not access her files in her account ne more It just said access denied as soon as she logs in Only recycle bin is on the desktop Wallpaper reverted to original All her icons on desktop is gone I tried accessing her account through my own whcih has full admin priviledges but i got denied btw i also get denied looking at d and e drives sometimes I tried making a new admin account but that one couldnt access my sisters account also Then I read somewhere I should go Access Denied on Admin Account! into safe mode and make a new admin account But when I tried I couldnt even load into safe mode My comp loaded a bunch of what I assumed to be files or processes or sumthing and then restarted saying it failed to load So now I had to load in normal mode and create an account here and type all this HELP ME I AM CRYING

Relevancy 67.51%

hope this is the right forum, apologize if it isn't.

I'm running xp sp2 on my laptop. I was having trouble getting Inet Explorer 7 to run ( I use Mozilla) so I created a new user account to see if it would work there. . I gave it admin privileges and a password. Now, my other admin account is gone and I can't access any admin files from my new account. I reviewed the forums and found this is a common problem but I couldn't find any resolution for my specific problem. Please help! I would hate to erase my hardrive and re-install windows! I have too many files that I'd hate to lose.

Relevancy 67.08%

So I have two user accounts on my Windows XP computer. One is the administrator account that comes with the installation of windows, and the other is the one I created with administrator privileges. When I logon with the original administrator account, everything works fine. However, when I try to logon with my created account it brings up an error saying windows explorer stopped working and proceeds to tell me something about Data Execution Prevention. When I dismiss the error it only shows a blank screen where then I would CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up task manager and logout using CMD. Anything that I can do to fix the windows explorer problem?

A:Windows Explorer doesn't work for any account other than Administrator

Restart the computer and press F8. In the Advanced Boot menu choose Safe Mode. Login as your created Admin account.
Go to Start/Run and type sysdm.cpl and press enter.
Go to the Advanced Tab
Performance/Settings/Data Execution Prevention.
Check Turn on DEP for essential Windows and services

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-doesnt-work-for-any-account-other-than-administrator-983729.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Had to restore machine using HP Recovery; all is wonderful now except that at login username "Administrator" is no longer an option. Trying user manager from control panel attempt to create "Administrator" and get "That account already exists". Any ideas how I can regain access to "Administrator"?

A:Administrator account access limbo

If XP Home, reboot to safe mode.
If XP Pro, press CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome screen. This brings up the classic login box. Type in Administrator for the user name, and enter the password. If there is no password, just leave that box blank.

The Administrator account will only appear on the Welcome screen if there are no other accounts on the PC (or you edit the registry to allow it)
You can use TwqeakUI or manually edit the registry.
See the section Hide Users from the Welcome Screen on this page.

HTH

Jerry

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/administrator-account-access-limbo-374203.html
Relevancy 67.08%

As newbish as this sounds I need help getting Vista to recognise my admin status This isnt Can my administrator no access account longer a Can no longer access my administrator account simple UAC change or a run as admin issue I decided to connect my laptop to my work domain where I have admin privelleges I used a generic Admin account to set up the connection no hassles Added my username as an admin on laptop which also had admin rights on the domain It started when i tried to use a program and it said invalid cd key after a few minutes I realised it was due to security and my current admin Status thought I was an Admin apparently not wtf Now I can no longer use the Admin account I had before joining the domain localuser dosnt like password no idea why which is ok It also dosnt recognise the administrator account I used to set up the network connection Now heres where it gets interesting I can see the other administrator accounts but it does not validate either password and Im convinced that I am entering them both correctly I cannot run as Admin switch user as admin or change any settings Ive looked at guides on how to lock yourself out of Vista and i didnt perform anything of the sort Its nothing to do with group policy on the network etc basically i dont have local admin rights im at a loss to explain how thats possible If anyone has any suggestions on why or how to resolve please say I should also mention that this is OEM ultimate and was installed and shipped out without the discs So making a password reset disk or manipulating the sam isnt a current option nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-no-longer-access-my-administrator-account.584646/
Relevancy 67.08%

I set up the Admin Account with the incorrect email address - @yahoo.com instead of @yahoo.co.uk and now I can't access the Admin account.

I have tried to reset the Admin password, but on the https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx it would not even recognise the @yahoo.com sign on.

How can I get out of this? Is there a way of resetting Windows 8 or making the correct account the administrator without the Admin access?

A:Can't access Administrator Account on Windows 8

Hello Paul, and welcome to Eight Forums.

You might see if this may be able to help. You can do it online from any computer.

Microsoft Account - Change Email Address in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/17913-cant-access-administrator-account-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay, so I setup net user administrator /active:yes and am logged into my administrator account however I'm having a bit of a problem.

The back-story is this, I decided to test out Ubuntu however I'm t much of a gamer to stay with it so I decided to come back to Windows 7. When I reformatted back to Windows 7 and went to my expansion drive I noticed that there was a folder that I hadn't put in there with the name that was smething like ".Trash <somenumbers>". When I tried to delete it it continues to tell me "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from Administrators to make changes to this folder", however as I stated I'm logged into the administrator account.

Thank you for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

A:Administrator account lacks access.

I'm on Vista, and have no real prospects of changing to 7. Anyway I also log on as an administrator (not THE administrator) account, but periodically find files I can't access/modify/delete. The solution I have found (and again You'll have to figure out how it applies to 7) is to fiddle the security info of the file or folder in question.

If all goes well:
Right click the file and go to properties.
Go to the Security Tab.
Check the accounts, make sure that your account is there.
Make sure that "Full control" is checked."
If not, click edit, select your account, and give it full control.
Check the other account groups present (e.g. Administrators) in which your account might fall don't have any permisions denied.
If your account doesn't appear:
Click Edit in the security tab.
Click Add.
Click Advanced
Click Object Types and uncheck all except Users
Click Find now.
Double-click your account.
Click OK
Set your permisions to full control as before.
If things still don't work:
You may need to take ownership of the file or edit advanced security settings. In that case you'll have to go to the advanced tab, but lets assume it doesn't come to that for now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/administrator-account-lacks-access.884797/
Relevancy 67.08%

In Win 7 Home Premium, I apparently did something wrong as I can no longer access the administrator account on my desktop. I am logged in as a guest and have tried just about everything suggested here. I have started in Safe Mode but can't access admin. I have used the installation disk to do a repair and used the activate command in the command prompt. I used the "enableadmin" mentioned on this site. Regardless of what I do here, when I restart I am back in Windows as a Guest. Even doing a system restore made no difference.

It would appear I have to do a clean install but before doing so thought I would ask to see if there is anything else anyone can suggest.

A:Unable to access administrator account

have you created a password reset disc/usb??

you could try that and see if it works?

on the admin logon when it fails click reset password and use the disc/usb to reset it
make sure the disc or usb is already plugged in

just a thought

sadly my neighbour had the same problem, whoever was messing on the guest account had changed settings/services rendering admin account useless leaving me no choice but to reinstall

i'm sure theres a better solution and more technical folk will be able to help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/136545-unable-access-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys

I recently put a password on my Administrator account, which i've been using all the time.
I also have another user account with adminstrator privilages which i havent been using.
I cant log in to my administrator account ever since I putt the password on it
It displays the other user account on login screen but not the adminsitrator account
I can access my administrator account in safe mode though
Please guys help, its urgent

A:Can't access my Administrator account nomore

If it's the welcome screen you're seeing and you only see the one user, then do CTRL-ALT-DEL twice and the LOGIN screen should appear where you can manually enter the username and password.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-access-my-administrator-account-nomore-350091.html
Relevancy 67.08%

So Administrator Account? On Access Denied! Im using Windows and I made an account for my nephew so he can use without nagging me about entering in a Access Denied! On Administrator Account? password But I wanted to make it so that he cannot download anything or edit any files on the C Drive without a admin password Long story Short I changed the security settings on C so that it will not allow anyone who is not Admin to acces any files in the C folder My problem is that it locked everyone Everyone out of C Any UAC settings or account settings cant be done My account is an admin and anytime it try to acces anything or run anything as administrator It says Access Denied BTW I never get a prompt to put in an admin password Ok So I went on safe mode and made it so that the Built in admin would show and I logged on it I opened an elevated cmd and tried to change the uac settings but all I get is an ACESS DENIED I dont know what to do and I do not want to have to reset the whole computer Also I cannot use system restore because it says acess denied

A:Access Denied! On Administrator Account?

Well of course you are locked out you are part of the same group that you changed. You broke your computer attempting to do something you do not understand. You are going have to reinstall.

Now...get this. You CANNOT lock out people from accessing the system drive. If the user cannot access and read files from the system drive they cannot login. I don't know what you were trying to do but it was going to fail from the start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/179150-access-denied-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

I have spent several hours setting up a Vista machine. On it I had the Adminstrator account enabled and a standard user account. I took a backup, using the standard Vista backup, of the machine prior to sysprep. I also took a ghost image once the machine had syspreped and shut down.

On reboot it appears the Administrator account has disabled itself which I realise is the default state for the account. I therefore have no admin account live on this machine.

Does anyone know if there is a way to re enable this account if there is no other administrator account active, or could I use the MS backup that I took prior to disabling to restore it back to it's pre sysprep state.

Any help would be gratefully received. I'd really like to avoid going through the whole process of rebuilding the machine.

Thanks

Andy

A:No access to Administrator account following sysprep

Hmmm, the User account you setup during install is an Admin Account-did you use the Hidden Admin account to reduce the priviledge to standard User?
This thread is similiar to your issue:User Account question on new install

Further troubleshooting methods-
Administrator Account
Safe Mode
System Restore - How to

note- Left Image is Normal User Admin Account. Image on right shows the Hidden Admin Acct Activated.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/217497-no-access-administrator-account-following-sysprep.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Help....I uninstalled the games that came with my computer and lost access to my administrator account. I had two accounts, one admin and one guest. Everytime I try to make changes, it requests my administrator password - but doesn't recognize it. Any suggestions?????

A:Lost access to my administrator account

Hello rtd, welcome to Seven Forums!

Are you the owner of the PC or is it someone elses'?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86037-lost-access-my-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi On my Windows x Home Premium machine I had created an administrator It [SOLVED] Account Access Hid Can't and Administrator Now account named Sysadmin with a password Others in my family need to run programs that require administrator access so they know the password I've told them repeatedly to right-click on the [SOLVED] Hid Administrator Account and Now Can't Access It application and select quot Run as administrator quot rather than logging into the Sysadmin account Nevertheless I would keep finding the machine left logged in to that account To solve this problem I looked [SOLVED] Hid Administrator Account and Now Can't Access It up how to hide the account from the log-in screen by running cmd exe as administrator and entering the command 'net user Sysadmin active no' The built-in administrator account Administrator is still on the machine but still hidden The problem [SOLVED] Hid Administrator Account and Now Can't Access It now is that when I try to run a program 'as administrator' I get the usual dialog box that says quot To continue type an administrator password and then click Yes quot Unfortunately there's no place to type a password and the 'Yes' button is grayed out Which also means I can't run cmd exe as an administrator to make either the default Administrator account or my Sysadmin account active again Only the Sysadmin account has a password The default Administrator account doesn't Any suggestions on how to regain administrator access in this case Thanks in advance Tom

A:[SOLVED] Hid Administrator Account and Now Can't Access It

Try this:

Hit the Start Orb, in the search box type in Administrative tools hit enter, expand the System Tools tree, you should have a line called local users and groups, expand that tree, then under Users double click on the Admin user and uncheck "Account is disabled", see if the account is available to you now.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-hid-administrator-account-and-now-cant-access-it-921010.html
Relevancy 67.08%

HiWhilst trying to remove the need to keep using a password to activate my new PC computer in Windows I Windows Account 10 Administrator Access Can't m somehow now not able to open some programs like defraggler and ccleaner A message keeps coming up you must have quot administrator privileges quot I think that I must have deactivated the administrator account by accident whilst trying to do this I managed to deactivate the need for a password on my laptop with no trouble at all I ve tried quot run as administrator quot but a small error Can't Access Administrator Account Windows 10 window comes up with a quot to continue type admin password then click yes quot message in the small window BUT there s NOWHERE for me to type the password in the small window Presumably this is my own password This prevents me using the usual net user administrator active yes prompt in the command prompt box to enable me to reactivate the administrator account because I can t log in as the administrator It s a Catch situation Any help or suggestions will be gratefully received Many thanks in anticipation Best RegardsPeter

A:Can't Access Administrator Account Windows 10

Watch a video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbMs3w-Z3sDoes that work?

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,153845.0.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi.

Recently, I created a second user account for my computer. I didn't realize by doing that, the default administrator account would only be accessible in safe mode.

Unfortunately, there are a few programs I don't see to have access to, some programs that don't have my user profile, and a slew of files that are saved to that user account.

This would be my inexperience speaking, but wouldn't it be easier to just restore the default administrator account?

If I had to just use my new account, the files would be easy to move and the programs would just be annoying, but the thing that's killing me is my Mozilla Thunderbird profile.

Right now, I can't access any of my emails stored in Thunderbird.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Can't Access Default Administrator Account

Hi, try this....in the account you are using now> start>computer>double click C drive to viewe folders> program files> from there find the programs you wish to use on the new profile> double click and run .exe file to load programs into new profile.
Iain.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372114/cant-access-default-administrator-account/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have windows 7. There are two accounts on my computer and i am allowed to use one. They are both admin accounts and i am under parental controls from the other admin account. I only have time constraints. I am allowed to use all programs but when i click on certain programs i need the other admin accounts password to use them. I need help fixing this issue. Thank you for the help!

Relevancy 67.08%

I cannot find the solution to this anywhere for months now. I've had to do a clean reinstall of my win xp HE. My old user account has dissapeared from user accounts. its still in win explorer is "documents and settings" but every time i try to access it, it says access is denied. Also tried doing so in dos, and with other various programs. I've managed to get the files from within the folder using "getdataback for ntfs".
Would appreciate it if you could help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-a-user-account-in-admin-mode.328985/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have two user accounts on Vista Home Pro.
One is a standard, limited user account (password protected) and the other is my admin account (obviously with admin privileges and password protected).

I am not sure when this started happening but I am unable to launch control panel under my admin account.
I get a pop-up of "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item".
The title bar of this pop-up has "::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683}"

What I can do is launch control panel from my standard/limited user account and, when prompted, enter the admin password.
Seems my Admin account has somehow become corrupted. If so how can I fix it?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Walter

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/123126-admin-account-cant-access-control-panel.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Guys,

I bought this Laptop pre-installed with windows 8 couple of months ago. I created a new user with admin rights and was working fine. Then, I created new user (an invalid microsoft account) and assigned it admin rights. This account is like a junk account [email protected] and assigned admin rights. I never set any password for this. For some reason, I changed my original admin account to normal user. Now, I cant login using the invalid microsoft account and lost my admin rights to my laptop. Also, I dont have recovery cd created.

What options do I have to get back admin status?

A:Lost access to Admin account - urgent help pls

Download Hiren's BootCD 15.2 - All in one Bootable CD ? www.hiren.info , burn it to CD/USB, change BIOS to boot from it then use
Offline NT Password Changer 2011-05-11

Please report back if this solves your problem.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/21745-lost-access-admin-account-urgent-help-pls.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Okay guys this actually happened a while back and I never got round to fixing it, but basically when I turn my PC I see my guest account and what used to be my admin account, it used to be called Curt and now is saying Other user and I actually have to type the name and password in and it says that it is incorrect. It's also running very slowly so it takes a while for normal actions. Help is hugely appreciated, thank you.

A:Admin account corrupted, can't access it or any of its files.

Quote: Originally Posted by curtfh

...I actually have to type the name and password in and it says that it is incorrect....

I would use the tool mentioned in option 5 of this tutorial to remove the password:
User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/390781-admin-account-corrupted-cant-access-any-its-files.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I recently had some problems with my desktop reconfiguring each time I logged in and rebuilding Access after problems account admin deleting all my files Nothing I found on online and fix this problem So this is the approach I took Created a temporary administrator account quot mine quot Deleted my account quot Robert quot Rebooted the machine to be doubly sure that all changes had taken effect Recreated my account quot Robert quot configured as administrator Deleted temporary account quot mine quot The This seemed to work I had a stable desktop Access problems after rebuilding admin account and I was able to reload all my data files from a backup Now we come to the situation that I Access problems after rebuilding admin account am hoping someone can help me with A lot of three files and folders on the system will not give me Access problems after rebuilding admin account an immediate access any longer as I have to use UAC This as affected my backup program SyncBackFree and all so free download manager There are now two user accounts that appear to be mirrored quot Robert quot amp quot Robert machinename quot the latter I have never seen before until now and there are no other users on the machine except for myself Can someone tell me how I can get it back to be able to the way it should do with out having to do a reinstall Thanks Robert

A:Access problems after rebuilding admin account

Try Take Ownership Shortcut.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306597-access-problems-after-rebuilding-admin-account.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I've posted about this the other day, and I now have reason to believe that a virus is part of the problem. I have an admin account, and every other account on my computer is an admin account, yet none of them can access MSCONFIG, or install stuff. I get registry errors when I try to install, but I can still access REGEDIT.

Anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it (short of re-formatting)?

Relevancy 67.08%

Unable to change User Account Control settings in Windows 7

I am unable to access my User Account Setting in Windows 7 when I click on it nothing comes up , even though I'm logged in as an administrator. When I click on "Change User Account Control Settings", absolutely nothing happens.

I am not able to access cmd as a admin.I have only one account and that is my admin account.When I click on admin cmd it open but when I right click and try to access it as a administrator nothing comes up.

I am also not able to install any new software on to my computer it show a Pop-up window user account control do you really want to allow this file to make changed on your computer I say yes and nothing happens

Can anyone please help me with this Thanks!

A:I am not able to access User Account Control on win 7 Pro using admin.

Sounds like you have lost administrator rights.
Are you sure your password is correct?

Check and see if you can go to a restore point before this happened.
It might not let you do this either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/321132-i-am-not-able-access-user-account-control-win-7-pro-using-admin.html
Relevancy 67.08%

So I've been recently having issues with permissions or something related to it I first noticed it when I would always get this security prompt when attempting to open a shortcut to Teamspeak Now I'm just trying to install a program and Admin Denied account while using Access 5: Error it's saying that I don't have rights to the Local Temp folder Obviously the first Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account thing I checked what whether or not my account was still an administrator Check Then I made sure UAC was turned off Check Then I went ahead and attempted Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account to give myself Full Access permissions to the entire C drive Then I get these Access Denied errors using Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account this process and I have no idea why Which also says the same thing about Program Files It did allow me to take ownership of the drive s though Of course I attempted to Google the issue and tried many methods including several from these forums Error applying security http www sevenforums com tutorials rmissions html I don't know what else to try thus why I'm here Thanks

A:Error 5: Access Denied while using Admin account

I was able to resolve the File Security prompt for opening shortcuts (i.e. Teamspeak 3) by enabling 'Launching applications and unsafe files' in Internet Options. BUT I'm still getting the permissions error and cannot give myself full access!

I've also noticed that there are about three updates that I cannot install. I'm sure this has to do with my permissions issue as well. If any of you are wondering my OS is installed on my primary SSD (C:\) which is one of the drives I'm trying to alter. The other drives seemed to work fairly OK with a few minor issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/273283-error-5-access-denied-while-using-admin-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

10/3/10 My laptop suddenly turned off, I think it's because my laptop overheated (it was hot) So I waited 30 minutes then turning it on.
So I clicked my Administrator(main) account, typed my password and stuck with Welcome message.
I logged in with another account(another Administrator account) and used System Restore to fix the problem.
Now I have another problem, when I log in to my main Admin account it says "Welcome" then "Preparing your desktop".... then at the lower right corner it says you cannot access your files... it's temporary and will be deleted after you log off or something..
It tells me to log in later so I did...
I turned off the computer and didn't use it for a day and still it prepares my temporary desktop for this account.
Help please?

A:Cannot access my active main Administrator account.

It sounds like you may have done some damage to your hard drive. Or at least damaged some parts of your user profile. I would suggest backing up any important data, and double checking that you made a back up of everything you will need. Then perform a full reinstall of your operating system.
If you still have problems run diagnostics on the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115856-cannot-access-my-active-main-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have three networked pc's. Two run XP and One is Vista. They are networked as MSHOME.

On my Laptop (Vista) I have two user accounts - Administartor and Public. I used to have a third user account "Owner" but deleted it.

I gave laptop's administrator account full sharing privileges for c drive. I can see the c drive icon from the other two pc's network panel but cannot access it - access denied. I can get to the Public user account and used to be ble to get to the old owner account but not into the c drive.

What else do I need to do to grant access to the vista laptop c drive from either of the two other pc's over my LAN?

Thanks

Jim Denneny

A:Vista Administrator Account Network Access

Check 'file and printer sharing' in Windows firewall and make sure it's ticked,

Steve

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-administrator-account-network-access.584858/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi,
after I started up my new Dell inspiron with Vista Premium 32bit , I set up an admin account for myself and two additional user accounts for my kids. While I was logged on one of the kids messed with the account info. Now I am locked out of the admin account, but am still able to log in to my kids account.
Is there any way to recover the admin account or create a new one without having the old info?
thanks
bayern:confused:

A:lost administrator PW, still have access with one other user account

Hi Bayern, and welcome to Vista Forums.

This tutorial may be able to help you by resetting the password for that account. You may need to use Method Three.

Reset User Account Password

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/179542-lost-administrator-pw-still-have-access-one-other-user-account.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello,

My Windows XP Home SP2 account is an Administrator and I just installed a FPS game and I cant run that game because it produces an error saying that the games EXE folder needs to writable.. but when i try to make it writable windows tells me "Access Denied". How do I correct this so I can play my game??

also, of the files and folder it DOES let me change the change doesn't actually happen.. it looks like it does but it doesn't

j

Relevancy 66.65%

My year old son was trying to bypass Cyberpatrol and in the process of tring to change his account from an adminstrator to a standard user I ve made things worse I changed the administrator account in his name to a standard user account but there was no other administrator account on the PC other then something called CYBERPATROL SERVICE which is an administrative account istalled automatically by Cyberpatrol This was the first mistake Then he guessed the password to Cyberpatrol and attemped to uninstall it it only half uninstalled it leaving a real mess of error messages and no access to let me change anything I can now neither cannot administrator access problem account ; User reinstall cyberpatrol or unistall it nor can I see a way to log back in as an administrator to effect any changes to put things right Three emails to cyberpatrol have elicited no response so I m coming to the conclusion the onlu way out is to reinstall Windows and find a different web filtering program- is there any way to log back in a an administrator I didnt delete the admin account only changed it to a standard type Then If I can get back in as a administrator how can I User account problem ; cannot access administrator get rid of the unwanted Cyberpatrol Thanks for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

How do i access the already built-in administrator account so i can make security/privilege changes so that i can change time servers using the command line. because every time i use the NET TIME command it gives me a "access denied" error; which tells me something, only Im not sure what needs to be changed. Also, it says I already am a administrator so why is it giving me a access denied message? This is in Windows 7 ultimate 64-bit.

A:administrator account/access denied message

Try using an Elevated Command Prompt to run it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215874-administrator-account-access-denied-message.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all,

On my installation I have three user accounts as thus;
We use the admin account only for system maintainance other wise the other accounts are day to day running accounts.

Administrator (admin privileges)
Me (standard restricted priv.)
My partner. (standard restricted priv.)

For some reason, the administrator account will not allow itself to connect to the internet.

Yet the two restricted accounts are having no problems at all.

Any suggestions on what might be the cause?

A:Administrator account can't access internet connection!

I reset all IE8's settings to default and now it's fine!

I only realised when I thought i'd boot firefox just to see, and it worked fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/11225-administrator-account-cant-access-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello Guys,

Done a factory resetting,want to delete unwanted files,but couldn't.
Most of the thread here having the same problem are quite old and asked to start a new one.

I have tried sliding the bar lower on UAC,Tried to take the ownership of the particular folder but couldn't.

%windir%\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

%windir%\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin /t REG_DWORD /d 2 /f
Tried the above comand prompt too

Pls advise me.

Thank's

A:Access denied Even though logged into Administrator account

What folder are you trying to access?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262195-access-denied-even-though-logged-into-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 66.22%

It's a long story, but is there a way on Windows 7 to lock system files and/or system drivers WITHOUT having to remove administrative privileges from user accounts? I'm needing to lock access to specific system files and drivers while still maintaining the Admin status of a different user account.
Thanks for any help with this...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lock-down-access-to-a-sytem-file-from-another-admin-account.1110211/
Relevancy 66.22%

So my 10 year old nephew managed to enable some sort of password for logging into his account on his Vista premium 32 bit HP.

He's cooperative in letting his parents check his usage, they'd just assume his account not be password protected, and turned his comp over to me to correct this.

My questions are:

A. How do I know if this account he's is in is the administrator account.

B. If so, how do I get him out of it and give him a regular user account.

C. Is it possible to make this regular user account child protected irt adult content in a way his parents can control, but still allowing him a degree of admin privs. for enabling/downloading software since he is the primary user?

I've tried looking this up on my own, but the whole admin. account thing can be a bit confusing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Questions about Admin. account, access for children, parents, etc.

Also, while you're in the account you can convert it to a standard user account.
Use Parental Controls to modify his permissions.

FYI - we will not assist with defeating passwords, so any questions about that will not be answered here.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204466/questions-about-admin-account-access-for-children-parents-etc/
Relevancy 66.22%

This is the problem I've been dealing with for quite a while. When I try to find a program that resets the password (I used the Password Reset Disk from another computer, didn't work.) I always get a message that I need the administrator password.

So... Help?

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I have Windows 8 on an HP Envy. Please note that I am technologically challenged. A technician had to create a local admin account on my computer to connect to a Xerox printer (it would not recognized my Microsoft Admin account). The technician was able to activate and access the local admin account without switching out of my main admin Microsoft account. I cannot remember the steps: How do I do that? The only option I find is to switch accounts but I only want to access the local account through my regular account. Please help. Thanks. SH

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/47466-how-access-local-account-w-o-switching-admin-accnt.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have Windows 7 Home x32 on a laptop and I want to make a admin account and hide it from the user screen, I not only want to hide it but I want to be able to "load it" from the log on screen if I want (no CMD commands on the user accounts to use it) is this possible with 7?

Before on XP I had a hidden admin account and all I had to do was CTRL+ALT+DELETE and it would bring up my account, with windows 7 it doesn't seem to work this way. Now to be 100% clear, I don't want the default admin account (for trouble shooting) all I want is a second admin account that if needed can access user accounts on my laptop from the log-on screen by hitting some combination of keys.

Thank you.

A:Windows 7 Home Admin Account Hidden Access

I found this on another site. I also checked three other Internet references and they pointed to the following. It seems this may help you. However someone with more experience may have some other suggestions. Please read the following:

In order to hide a user account (which also means create a hidden user account) in Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7, just go to Control Panel User module and create an additional user as usually do (Control Panel -> User Accounts and -> User Accounts in Windows 7 and Windows Vista). If you already have an existing user that wants to be made hidden, invisible or disappeared from Welcome Screen, then go straight to guide below.Run (RegEdit.exe).
Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Note: If SpecialAccounts and UserList is not found, create new sub-key and name them accordingly.
Select UserList, and in the right pane, right click on any blank space, and point to New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Name the new DWORD registry as the exact same name that match the name of the user account to be hidden. For example, if the user ID of the user account is John, the name the registry value as John.
Double click on DWORD , and set the value data to 0 in oder to hide the account from Welcome Screen. Tip: To display the user account on Welcome Screen again so that it’s visible again, delete the registry entry, or set the value data to 1.
Exit Registry Editor.
Log off or restart computer to make the change effective.
Tip: In order to login into Windows using an user account that has made hidden and invisible, just press Ctrl+Alt+Del to bring up Windows Logon dialog, and then type in the user name and password manually.

Hope this is what you were asking about.

Still Learning, Learning Still.

Curtis

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277815-windows-7-home-admin-account-hidden-access.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am only user on this computer and heard about the hidden Admin account for Windows 8. I logged into it, but all stuff from normal account such as documents and program shortcuts were missing. Is there any way I can transfer the Admin full access rights to my primary user account? Please help and thanks

A:Hidden Admin Account Access Transfer to User...

Hello Skeet, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Just to note, that while signed in to the built-in elevated "Administrator" account, Store apps will not work.

Your other files are not missing, but just in the other account's "C:\Users\(user-name)" folder instead. Since the built-in Administrator is a separate account, it will have it's own "C:\Uses\Administrator" folder and settings.

If you like you could just include the other account's folders into the Administrator's libraries.
Library - Add a Folder to in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/21934-hidden-admin-account-access-transfer-user.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have several PCs that only have one user account (Admin). The user of the PC has used this Admin account for some time and over time accumulated docs, pics, browser settings, desktop configurations, etc...

I want to add a standard user account and have everything transfer to the user account from the Admin account they were using such as docs, pics, browser settings, desktop configuration, etc...

Basically what I'm wanting to do is have the user sign in with the standard account and see and access their stuff as normal as if nothing changed other than they now cannot utilize the admin account (no downloading, altering, installing software, etc...
Not sure what to call this type of action so searching for the procedure has been difficult. Not sure if the action necessary is universal between Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 which are the 3 OS I have between the 3 PCs. Any guidance in achieving this task would be great.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401546-sign-standard-account-see-access-admin-stuff.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I'm going to let a technician have my Windows 7 64bit PC in order to do clone the HDD to a SSD and then replace the HDD with the SSD. I think the techn wants an admin level account. I am concerned that (s)he not gain access to confidential files etc that would be available to me were I logged in. Is there a way to let the tech have admin access (s)he wants w/o having to be concerned about the privacy of the info on it? Can you create an admin level account which deprives its user from gaining access to files on a certain directory under c:\users

A:granting another user access to an account with 'admin' privileges

Acerman why don't you clone the drive yourself it is really not that hard with Macrium Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

See my pic it shows the process but remember the drive you clone to has to be as large or larger than the drive you are cloning from.

There is a way of dragging and dropping the partitions into a smaller drive but it is not reliable enough for me.

The alternative is to image your drive slip a new one in - install the system using this
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 and then use the image to get back your data. As you seem to be concerned that you have data that you do not want to be copied or whatever. That is so easy if you know how and I can and I am not a techie so the shop bloke would be more than capable of doing that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346184-granting-another-user-access-account-admin-privileges.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I have encountered a rather odd problem that didn't turn up in forum search System Win Home Premium -bit fresh install updates with AVG Free and Google Chrome as only other installs I have had users both with admin rights One was my 'main' user that I was using just to learn Win and surf a l'il The other was completely new Created logged into back off then not touched again For the first few days had no problems and was really liking Win However today after logging off main user I had just run a full clean scan with AVG btw and switching to the fresh one IMMEDIATELY after entering my log-in password I received a UAC prompt telling me that denied Account(admin access log-in upon IMMEDIATELY all rights) this user does not have access to this folder The background was replaced with a black screen the taskbar icons were replaced with the standard quot new file quot icon and did not function no surprise there I opened Windows Explorer using quot Start gt Computer quot Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in and again was immediately told I had no access Gave myself permission and attempted to investigate I could not view open any folder without giving myself permission first Having no success determining the problem I decided to simply log off and delete this account Performed a full delete folders and all Then I created a new account with admin rights Logged into it without incident Logged back onto main user and opened Windows Explorer The user folder from the original nd account remained and I was denied when trying to delete Probing into it I found a Windows Media Player database file under User AppData Local Microsoft Media Player I was told this file was in use by another program and I could not delete it I did not have any programs other than Explorer running on any user at the time I remembered that I had tried to open a stock music file in Explorer under the main account earlier WMP had opened and started its quot First Use quot spiel I had chosen custom settings then I believe that I had closed WMP after the file extension association dialog opened without confirming the associations as I did not want to use WMP for anything At this point I had continued doing other things without problem Eventually when I switched users this whole mess started Remembering the WMP stuff I again opened a stock music file still on main account WMP ran its setup routine again and I allowed it to associate and run I closed WMP browsed to the old user folder in Explorer and deleted it without problem I have tried unsuccessfully to replicate this event by creating new test users and shortcutting the WMP quot First Use quot setup again on each of them So I cannot be certain that this is what caused my problem nor that it will not happen again Any ideas Deeply Appreciative Win BlankUser

A:Account(admin rights) denied all access IMMEDIATELY upon log-in

Does Safe Mode function normally?
That is to say if you boot in safe mode are you able to perform basic functions and use the system to some extent?

If this is not a registry or av/security related problem the easiest fix would likely be SFC
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Some more specific detail of the nature of the problem and less of what you have done may be of assistance too.
If this is a problem with admin priveldges you are honestly probably better off doing a repair install
Repair Install
Than digging around trying to find the one setting responsible for the problem.
Component services and other various admin tools can get down right annoying to work with and can cause further problems if the least bit thing is set wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/192398-account-admin-rights-denied-all-access-immediately-upon-log.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Just now setting this up and hit a dead end with Dell tech support both phone and chat Symantec s website provided this http service symantec com SUPPOR ws Me XP amp src sg amp pcode nis amp svy amp csm no Update works when I am logged in as administrator but when I log in as the user I get a error when I try to run live update It says the user must have power Norton Update Mode, only Administrator Pro, with work Live account. Domain will XP user or administrator rights I changed the group the user what in to either of those two and did not get any change in the result XP Pro, Domain Mode, Norton Live Update will only work with Administrator account. Originally the pc was in workgroup mode and XP Pro, Domain Mode, Norton Live Update will only work with Administrator account. I am pretty sure I was able to run live update as the user I then swithced to domain mode and now I have the problem The error is a live update error not a windows error This is the st of several pc s I have to setup and maybe I did some things out of order Maybe someone here can help Dell Gold support looks more like poop brown to me nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-domain-mode-norton-live-update-will-only-work-with-administrator-account.306258/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have only one user account on my laptop (Windows 7) and naturally it is an administrator account.
But when trying to install new software, more often than not, I get a message saying I need to be logged in under an administrator account to continue. Not always but far too often.
For example, today I was simply trying to run my printer setup which I have done at least twice before and it tells me I need to be logged in as an admin.
I have logged out and back in and rebooted repeatedly to no avail.

A:Getting "must be administrator" messages under admin account.

UAC - try disabling it then do what you need to do: Turn User Account Control on or off

Turn back on when done if you want.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/214633-getting-must-administrator-messages-under-admin-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My Son And I Share A Laptop Running Windows 7 Home Edition , Am The Administrator And He Is The Standard User But He Keeps Going In And Changing My Account To Standard User And His To Administrator , Can Someone Tell Me How He Is Doing It And How Can I Put A Stop To It

A:How can a standard user gain access to an administrator account?

My first guess would be that he knows your password, or have managed to install a keylogger program to find out what password you type. Check in Control Panel - Programs and Features if you see any newly installed program you don't recognize. And change your password. And do a full scan with your antivirus.

Some keyloggers won't show up in the list of installed programs so take a look here as well:
How to detect if a Keylogger is installed? - Microsoft Community

Some laptops have a finger scanner and come with software you can configure to use your finger instead of typing a password. Mine has this and I've set a long and difficult password so even if someone saw me typing it they wouldn't remember it. But with this feature I type this in only ONCE in the finger scanning software, and then I only use my finger. Works very well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345079-how-can-standard-user-gain-access-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I had only one user that was having Administrator Rights without password. I made one more user and gave him Administrator rights with password. Now I made my earlier Administrator account as a Local Account. But this local account is able to view Administrator account documents and desktop. How to stop Local account having access to Administrator documents.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41164-how-stop-local-account-having-access-administrator-documents.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I enabled the hidden administrator account so I could have access to all the files and folders that my normal admin account can't get into. However, after logging into the account I'm still getting access denied errors from the folders that I can't get into as a normal user. Isn't the hidden administrator account supposed to have access to everything? It seems to be acting like a normal administrator account.

Some background: I originally had the Windows 7 RC on my computer and the hidden administrator account seemed to be able to access everything. I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Professional OEM and have been trying to get this functionality back. I don't plan on using it often, but there are a couple restricted folders I need access to and I don't like the idea of not having full control of my computer if I need it.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Hidden Administrator Account doesn't have root access?

Quote: Originally Posted by Rava

Isn't the hidden administrator account supposed to have access to everything? It seems to be acting like a normal administrator account.

Welcome to SF

All accounts with administrative privileges are equally "powerful". That doesn't mean they always have access to everything, but that they can deactivate and even reverse any and all security barriers put in their way, thereby gaining access to anything, should they really wish to do so.

Some background: I originally had the Windows 7 RC on my computer and the hidden administrator account seemed to be able to access everything. I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 Professional OEM and have been trying to get this functionality back.

What you're probably experiencing is an inability to access content whose security descriptors only allow access by the previous installation's accounts. If that's the case, you can simply "take ownership" (there are several tutorials on that topic around here) and the files will become "yours".

I don't plan on using it often, but there are a couple restricted folders I need access to and I don't like the idea of not having full control of my computer if I need it.

"Restricted" folders are usually restricted for a reason, and some of the folders which return an "access denied" don't even exist. If you specify which restricted (system?) folder you're trying to access, somebody will come along and explain how to do it, or why it's not really possible because the folder is only a vestigal stub which is there for compatibility with software assuming an older version of Windows.

Either way, rest assured that any admin account can give itself access to any content (which exists) at any time - and then leave the "restricted" folders alone because they're restricted for very valid security reasons.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/35426-hidden-administrator-account-doesnt-have-root-access.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've wanted to put my laptop back on windows XP for a while, after having changed it to Windows 7 recently because it was really slow. Windows 7 made it slower, so I've wanted to change it back. I finally took the time to change it back today, going through multiple problems along the way, but not when I log into the Administrator account, I can't access any programs. When I select a program to boot, I get an error message saying "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. I've tried so many things to get this fixed. I've been all over the internet but it seems nobody has had this same problem. Please help!

A:Solved: Can't access any programs on Windows XP administrator account

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-any-programs-on-windows-xp-administrator-account.1126717/
Relevancy 65.79%

So after many years having this problem elevated account access has Built-in administrator denied I decided to post for some help I've been using this computer Acer Built-in elevated administrator account has access denied Aspire with Windows Home premium x on an Administrator account without issues for quite a while One day like two years ago I noticed something weird while using Calibre the virtual library software the program was not able to save or edit files because it was not run as administrator This was odd because it was not supposed to work that way and it worked fine without admin privileges before but then I got used to using it as administrator After that I noticed that other programs were having this issue as well Steam Spotify many others and I gradually integrated into my workflow the use of programs as administrator until I got fed up recently I've been looking for help and answers but it seems no one or almost no one has this exact problem so I thought I'd better ask for help Just to be clear this has nothing to do with UAC It is just that if for example Spotify is running without admin privileges and it wants to update the update fails I have to restart the program as administrator and then it can install whatever it wants Every installation I do has to be done through rightclick- gt run as administrator as an unelevated installation file will fail I've recently tried to take ownership of my C drive to no use I also tried resetting the files and folder permission to default with the use of Code secedit configure cfg windir inf defltbase inf db defltbase sdb verbose also to no avail I have just learned about the existence of the hidden built-in elevated administrator account in Windows so I figured that using this account may help me regain ownership to my normal administrator account or to the administrators group however while doing this an error message pops up and says that Access is denied What on Earth is going on

A:Built-in elevated administrator account has access denied

Good method to mess up Windows install once and for all Stop messing with the permissions imho.
It may very well be a registry issue.

Did you try to make another administrator account and see if programs work well with it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/373482-built-elevated-administrator-account-has-access-denied.html
Relevancy 65.79%

After add a regular account to an administrator localgroup to access to some Local users folder in c:\users\UserName folder and then I deleted this regular user account from the administrator localgroup,however this regular user account now can access to any user account folder previously cached file accessed located in c:\users\UserName.
How can I prevent this regular user account from accessing to other users folder without administrator priviledge and without restart the computer?

A:After add a regular account to an administrator localgroup to access to some users fo

While logged in as UserName you can set file and folder permissions to the folders you would like and explicitly deny access to a particular folder. To do so simply follow this tutorial - Folder Permissions

If the Administrator account had taken ownership of that folder then unfortunately the only way you are going to be able to deny that account is to then take ownership with a different account. This would require administrative privileges. To do so follow this tutorial - Take Ownership of file

Hope This Helps,
Josh!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/300749-after-add-regular-account-administrator-localgroup-access-some-users-fo.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Please help! A little info to get this issue resolved: using an administrator account, Windows 7, 64Bit. Approx. 6 laptops connected together with a RAID and printer that needs sharing capabilites, no internet connectivity allowed. When I select the printer
properties or any part of this printer I get an "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access denied". I have tried to become the owner and again I get an error message. I am not able to remove device ether. Please let me know if there is any
other information that I need to add to get some help with this issue. i cant find much help online.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/274ed1b4-a704-4f53-97ba-2773f02b6c7a/error-0x00000005-access-is-denied-for-printer-using-admin-account?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 65.36%

I m using Windows XP Professional I am not able to log back into my Administrator account I m stuck in a limited user account and though my Administrator account is set w o a password I still even Admin account problem?) Safe in (TweakUI Mode access Can't the can t login even through my computer s Safe Mode which is was the Dell service person suggested This problem occurred yesterday while I was trying to eliminate the login screen from my computer s startup Initially I used a tip from Annoyances org by entering quot control userpasswords quot in the Run menu and turning off the quot Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer quot option It didn t work so I tried the second solution that Annoyances Can't access Admin account even in Safe Mode (TweakUI the problem?) org listed I installed TweakUI opened it expanded the quot Logon quot branch clicked quot Autologon quot and then turned on the quot Log on automatically Can't access Admin account even in Safe Mode (TweakUI the problem?) at the system startup quot option At some point in this process I also created a new user account but realized later that it was only a limited account This may or may not have to do with the problem I also may have deleted another account from the computer that had Admin capabilities But as of now I am stuck in this limited non-Admin account because it s the only account that has a password When I try to log into my Administrator account w o a password as I ve always done I get this error quot The system could not log you on Make sure your User name and domain are correct then type your password again Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case quot which is the same error I get when I try the same thing in Safe Mode One noticeable thing that has changed is that the login screen shows two fields for logging in User name and Password Before I started this process it showed icons for each account which I clicked to access the accounts I believe that it was a combination of the things above that set my computer to not accept my Administrator account w o a password Perhaps the quot control userpasswords quot command or perhaps the TweakUI setting I have tried uninstalling TweakUI and seem to have succeeded but it hasn t helped Unfortunately now that I am kicked out of my Administrator account or any account w Administrator capabilities I no longer have access to the quot control userpasswords quot prompt and cannot reinstall TweakUI I also have no access to the System Restore Ugh Thanks a million for reading and for any suggestions nbsp

A:Can't access Admin account even in Safe Mode (TweakUI the problem?)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-admin-account-even-in-safe-mode-tweakui-the-problem.668056/
Relevancy 65.36%

In my corporate pc I have the admin password and the admin account, but i have to work with my user id, I have changed it to the administrators group, but i can't see the full control panel.
Help please!

A:Admin group account can't access full control panel

Open Control panel then Rest your curser on the right facing black arrow head next to the words Control Panel in address bar and you will see a choice of views.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268470-admin-group-account-cant-access-full-control-panel.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a problem with my Administrator Accounts in that I cannot access the below although I CAN access them from a Standard User Account???

1 When I try to start Windows Update (START / ALL PROGRAMS / WINDOWS UPDATE)
I get the following: Application not found

2 When I wish to access ANYTHING from the Control Panel (START / CONTROL PANEL / anything in Control Panel) or try to access START / DEVICES AND PRINTERS I get the following: a long string of numbers

3 When I try to get to Default Programs (START / DEFAULT PROGRAMS) I get the following: another long string of numbers.

Did try to attach screen shots but didn't work.

I can however access everything from a STANDARD USER account????

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate N

I would appreciate any assistance as the only assistance on the web is of no use as I have tried the limited suggestions without success and am totally at a loss now!

Thanks

A:Admin Account Cannot Access Contol Panel or Windows Update

Try this: Set Program Access and Computer Defaults - Enable or Disable

Have you attempted a AV scan?

Hope this helps,

Harry

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255025-admin-account-cannot-access-contol-panel-windows-update.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have been having several problems, but I believe they all have one root cause: Windows will not grant me full permissions on my main HDD (C). Problems I notice:

1) See attachment
2) Steam makes me use my username/password every time even if I check 'Log Me In Automatically'
3) Desktop Background always resets to default blue+windows logo whenever I boot my system.
4) Some programs have issues writing to the C drive, in particular C:/Program Files and C:/Program Files (x86)

I apologize in advance if I do not provide ample information. If more is needed to correctly diagnose this issue, I will be actively checking this thread today and tomorrow.

A:Primary drive got giving full access to my account, which is set admin

The writes to folders under Program Files and variants will be blocked. If you have scripts and other utilities that use the location of the exe as the place to write .ini or other data files, as many of mine do, you can get around it by "installing" them in a folder directly under C:. I put all my scripts and small utilities in C:\Utils but you can create any folder name.

The other items such as wallpaper or splash screens, perhaps someone into customization has run into and may have suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307258-primary-drive-got-giving-full-access-my-account-set-admin.html