Windows Support Forum

vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

Q: vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

Hi,

I recently changed my ASUS wifi to an Apple Airport Extreme (tower).
Configured it, everything worked well - Except for my vstarcam.

It somehow doesn't get an IP over the wifi.

I tried hooking it up via the ethernet and it did get an IP, in fact it worked
perfectly as I was able to receive the video through my iPhone (this after I setup
the port forwarding and the port 81). I disconnected to the home wireless and
jumped to telco's 4G and it still is working nicely.

Can anyone shed a light on how I can have this vstarcam work via wifi?
Just a note, this was working perfectly on ASUS via wifi.

cheers,
GaryS>

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

UPDATE:

I mentioned in my post (above) that;

"After setting the port forwarding and the setting port 81, that I managed to make the camera work".

I think that statement is not exactly accurate! I have 3 vstarcam, and after I posted the item above, I went and fiddle with the other camera, connected it directly via ethernet to the base station. It was to my surprise that without doing anything on the configuration (and I was still on 4G), to my surprise, I was able to receive the broadcast!

I deleted the port forwarding that I setup initially just incase the the second IP cam has been assigned with the same IP address. It still worked!

So now, I can do away with port forwarding and just settle the issue of these cams to receive their wireless IP addresses.

cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vstarcam-airport-extreme-tower.1154329/
Relevancy 75.25%

i have set up a network with a pc and two macs i have also connected a airport extreme to one of the macs and in turn have three external hard drives connected to the airport extreme the problem of the two macs sharing the hard drives is now solved but now my pc cant access them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extreme-airport.941316/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have set up a small network with three computers and a printer. I have two pcs running XP SP2 and a mac mini.
The mac mini is not an intel mac but one of the older ones and is running os 10.5. All of them can "see" each other , share files and use the printer.
I want to set up an ftp server on one of the pcs and have tried to do some port forwarding but am a pc person , not a mac person and this airport extreme N base station has me totally confused about this subject. I have tried several suggestions but not of them refer specifically to port forwarding for ftp. I am using cerberus ftp program and have used it in the past with great success before I got the airport extreme base. Can someone please lend a hand with this?
Thank you very much in advance.

Relevancy 74.39%

I received this lovely Airport Extreme for Christmas(!!). I tried to install it into our Gateway, which is running Windows XP. I had no success and would like to try again, with your help.

First thing it asks is do I have a WIFI card. I don't think so, since I have been using a Wireless router, but I am not sure. Can anyone tell me how I can figure out if I have one? I don't see it on the Device Manager.

Pat

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-extreme-windows-xp.578895/
Relevancy 73.96%

I've been trying like mad to port forward a game on this thing. Nothing seems to work. Apple is no help and the community over there gave me advice which I followed but It still didn't work. I manually set up a port and a DHCP to the exact instructions I was given and still nothing. Before this router I would use port mapping applications (Port Map). It was super easy and worked just fine. I would love to get some advice, especially of how to allow those port mapping applications since I'm only moderately tech savvy, But I would love any advice anybody has. Thank you!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-port-forward-on-airport-extreme.1144195/
Relevancy 73.96%

I ve seen similar questions posted here but I m experiencing a different and somewhat more aggravating problem My Linksys WUSB gc worked fine with the old linksys router though the router itself was noncromulent We ve just replaced the linksys router with an AirPort Extreme The adapter is Extreme adaptor vs Linksys AirPort in Linksys adaptor vs AirPort Extreme line of sight of the thing about feet away and customers with their laptops haven t had any problem connecting the network In fact we don t have any problem connecting to it it just won t stay connected After - minutes the connection craps out for no apparent reason Windows quot repair connection quot usually works though often Windows has an incorrect idea of its connectedness - it ll be saying something like quot windows could not repair the connection quot or quot not connected quot but firefox provides empirical evidence to the contrary Any ideas Details Dell desktop running Windows XP with SP Linksys WUSB gc with up-to-date driver Apple AirPort Extreme I just updated the firmware this morning There s no security on because we re a cafe customers have not reported any problem with the network There are no other wireless adapters on the machine and I ve disabled the ethernet adapter just for kicks There have been several reboots since the problem started There are no other networks in range Though there s a slight possibility the customers might be connecting to the network next door which isn t visible in the office There is a lot of metal around near the AirPort and the adapter and there s a microwave in the vicinity but connectedness does not appear to be correlated with microwave use Edit more details on behavior Sometimes it cuts out briefly as evidenced by google not loading and fixes itself During that period Windows quot wireless connection quot panel quot not connected quot by our network name which has excellent signal but has labled the button at the bottom quot disconnect quot The taskbar icon remains the little computer with a red X Other times it does not fix itself I m trying to actually time how long it takes for it to fail Any suggestions would be welcome Thanks lillie nbsp

A:Linksys adaptor vs AirPort Extreme

seems like airport signal is conflicting with some others electronic devices.
try move the airport to another place which is far from electronic devices as you said like microwave, etc...
see it works.
and the wave that is used in router is also smilar to the wave from cordless phone.

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-adaptor-vs-airport-extreme.637176/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have been connecting with home network with an old D-link. Decided to upgrade with an Airport Extreme. All other computers are connected except my HP with Windows Vista. My Dell with Windows Vista is connected. The Network Sharing Center claims this is an unidentified network.
Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connect-to-airport-extreme-problems-502375.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I am using Vista SP1 and my machine is routed through an Airport Extreme so I can use wireless in my house. Also connected (by USB directly to the Airport) is my HP F380 printer. My wireless internet is working fine. I have downloaded Airport Admin App 5.4.1 for Vista and am able to use it to configure my Airport, but I do not see a way to wirelessly print. I have rebooted the Airport. I also have tried to 'Add Printer' from the control panel and when I search for Network/Wireless/Bluetooth Printers, it searches continually with no results. Please help!

A:Airport Extreme + Vista + Printer?

Wired or wireless printing should be no different, the network doesn't care how the traffic comes in.

If you can print to that printer from a wired computer, you can print from a wireless one connected to the same router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-extreme-vista-printer.855556/
Relevancy 73.96%

G,day all, Begging for help with my wireless sytem. The wife is a die hard apple fan and so we got a apple airport extreme with her new laptop. Got the system set up and then spent 2 hours on line with the apples techs ( very helpful) who diagnoised the problem as vista blocking the Bonjour system. Next I spoke to Vista techs (rude)for 10 minutes who claimed it was not their issue. The end result is I have web access, an orange blinking light on the airport extreme, and a unprotected wireless network. help please.
Feral

A:Vista blocking airport extreme?

Originally Posted by Feral

G,day all, Begging for help with my wireless sytem. The wife is a die hard apple fan and so we got a apple airport extreme with her new laptop. Got the system set up and then spent 2 hours on line with the apples techs ( very helpful) who diagnoised the problem as vista blocking the Bonjour system. Next I spoke to Vista techs (rude)for 10 minutes who claimed it was not their issue. The end result is I have web access, an orange blinking light on the airport extreme, and a unprotected wireless network. help please.
Feral

Feral

right click task bar run task manager go to services tab. lok for bonjour. is it running? my pic has mine stopped because it is a resource HOG.

If it isnt running type services.msc in search go to bonjour and right click. Start it and make it automatic

That should do it. If not your firewall or ANTI VIRUS may be blocking it

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/257211-vista-blocking-airport-extreme.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a MacPro1,1 (2007) running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and a MacBook Pro 9,1 (2013) running Mac OS X 10.10.1. I am using an Apple Airport Extreme for my wireless network. I have an external hard drive connected to the Airport Extreme via the USB port on the Airport Extreme. I'm wanting to replace the external hard drive with a Guardian MAXimus 2TB RAID-1. Will a RAID work with the Airport Extreme? I'm not using this for my Time Machine backups - only as a means to easily share my files.

Relevancy 73.1%

My step mom's Airport Extreme doesn't like my GPC54G cardbus on my laptop. I plug in the password then nothing happens. It works fine with my dad's laptop (not sure what model wireless card it is, some internal, probably like an Intel, pretty sure they make crappy internal wireless cards. Also my little bro's new PC with its Netgear PCI card works fine. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

i found this:http://www.osxhax.com/archives/cat_airport_extreme_hacks.html

they say that if it is version 2 it might now work. I wanna know if that is truly the case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-airport-extreme-doesnt-like-gpc54g-cardbus.607127/
Relevancy 73.1%

Some basic info about my current network setup.

I'm connected wireless in my apt to an airport express, that is connected through a 80ft cable to an airport extreme down in my business.

I.E. Computer => Airport Express => Airport Extreme => Cable Modem.

The airport express is in Bridge Mode so it shouldn't be doing anything more than propagating the settings of the Airport Extreme. The problem is, when I go to the port forwarding options in the Extreme and open up the port I want to use with the IP of the computer I want to use as a micro server, and check them on check port sites, they show the port as closed.

The computer I'm trying to open up to use is a mac with OS 10.6.8, it has its firewall disabled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-opening-ports-on-an-airport-extreme.1060296/
Relevancy 73.1%

at the studio where i work we have an airport express wireless hub thing sorry i m not terribly computer literate everyone with a mac can connect effortlessly to it i can connect with my ipod touch as well anyone with a pc gets a limited connectivity message and can t connect to the internet we all get a little icon indicating that there is internet available but we just can t hook up to it i have a pc Solved: wireless won't extreme to airport connect dell laptop which runs vista that didn t work i figured Solved: wireless airport extreme won't connect to pc i d bring in my little acer aspire one netbook but that didn t want to hook up either i had read that there was an update i could download to fix the problem but that ended up being a dead link i looked all through the airport settings on the studio computer and nothing seems to be anti-pc i know the password to sign in i used it on the ipod so i know that it s not that does anyone have any idea what i could do it may have something to do with security because when my co-worker tested the main computer and took off the security enabled setting i was able to log on we just want our connection to be secure and that s what seems to kick me off any ideas it would really be convenient to be able to use my laptop at work like everyone else with a mac does thank you nbsp

A:Solved: wireless airport extreme won't connect to pc

well, i managed to find the answer to my own question on another site. i'm going to post it here in case anyone else has this problem and the solution i found could help them.

i had to go into the mac at the studio. i:
-used the finder to locate the airport express unit and clicked on it
-open the airport admin window
-double click on the airport and look for the padlock icon at the top of the screen.
-click on that to get the WEP key (different than the security code)
-write it down. i think mine was about 26 alphanumeric digits long.
-go into your pc and access the desired mac internet connection.
-enter the WEP key code that you just wrote down in the section as the security code.
-DONE! that's how i got the mac at work and my pc "to be friends".

thanks to all who considered helping.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-airport-extreme-wont-connect-to-pc.881012/
Relevancy 73.1%

I am using 2 computers, one with vista one with xp on a wireless internet network in my house. I have a usb hub plugged into the airport. I have a printer plugged into the usb hub. printer works fine from both computers. I also have an external hard drive plugged into the usb hub. I would like to get both computers, or at a minimum the one running xp, to access the external drive over the wireless network. please help. thank you.

A:airport extreme + external hard drive

Standard file and print sharing should do the trick here.
This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-extreme-external-hard-drive.869434/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have an Airport Extreme router that I want to use to connect to:

* an iMAC G5
* an Compaq laptop running Win 2K

It's working fine on the iMAC, but I can't get it to work on the laptop. I have installed a Linksys WPC54G Wireless G notebook adaptor and it appears to be installed correctly. I get as far as a message on Linksys that says "You are connected to the access point, but the Internet cannot be found."

All of my passwords and configurations appear to be correct. I have spent a lot of time with Apple and Linksys technical support and they are both saying it's the other guy's problem.

Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-connecting-airport-extreme-router-with-linksys-wpc54g-on-win-2k.389669/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just bought an AirPort Extreme and everything seems to be networked properly I have a Dell Vista desktop and XBOX connected via ethernet Also two Dell XP laptops and TiVo Series connected via WiFi no Mac hardware except iPod Touch These guys are all recognized and access the internet flawlessly My problem is my Dell Printer Photo All-in-One that is connected via USB doesn t print I installed Bonjour for Windows on all three computers The printer description and drivers are installed and the computers all recognize the printer just fine When I send a test print page it doesn t make it to the printer In the Printer Queue it says the document has been quot Sent to the printer quot but nothing gets printed Please help The only reason I bought the AirPort was for the USB functionality I ve scoured these forums but I can t find this particular problem Note I also posted this on Apple s Discussion Forums Thanks Maury nbsp

A:AirPort Extreme printing problems on a Windows Network

this is probably an incompatible printer with the airport express.
I have an epson c70 that work on my airport express without any problems, I also have the Dell 924, but the airport expresss does not recognize it at all.
This is apparently a VERY common problem with the airport express, lots of usb printers do not work with it. I have heard it described as "the dirty little secrete apple doesn't want you to know about the airport express/extreme"

I'm sure this caused endless hours of frustration for many users.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-extreme-printing-problems-on-a-windows-network.668185/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have a Linksys compact Wireless USB adapter (model WUSB54GC) that links to my MacAirport Extreme router on an old Compaq Presario--but I want to use it on my Dell Dimension 2400 because the Dell has USB 2.0, while the Compaq only has 1.1

The message I get when trying to hook up to the Internet on the Dell is as follows: "You are currently connected to the access point, but the Internet cannot be found." I have tried using the Windows WZC utility instread of the Linksys WLAN utility. When I do this, I still get the message: "You are currently connected to this network... and "acquiring network address."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but nothing seems to work on the Dell. The adapter seems fine (it works in the USB 1. slot on the Compaq, but very lethargically). I have Windows XP on both machines, with SP 2.

Any ideas? Thanks for help!
-- Wehake

A:Linksys USB 2 adapter--links to Airport Extreme but not to internet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-usb-2-adapter-links-to-airport-extreme-but-not-to-internet.560200/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just signed up for verizon fios (after comcast cable for years - no problem) and I have the ethernet cable connected to my airport extreme base station (used for wireless and comcast). Problem - my macbook pro may go a day or so with the Verizon wireless then will not pick up signal unless I go to router and reconfigure.
I want to bypass verizon router (M1424WR - only has coax cable) and let my airport extreme be wireless. Or maybe I need a different router.

Never had a problem with my laptop picking up wireless anywhere in the world - now havng problems in my own home.
Anyone have any ideas how to remedy?

A:Linking Verizon wireless router to Airport Extreme

Well, if you have FiOS TV, bypassing the Verizon router isn't an option if you want the guides and On-Demand to work.

Take a look at this page for some configurations that may solve your problem: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/verizonfios/3.1_Actiontec

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-verizon-wireless-router-to-airport-extreme.772265/
Relevancy 72.24%

I recently purchased an apple airport extreme - the reason i did was because i have read good reviews and the articles talked about how easy it is to set up - plug in and play Well this is my situation I have a Macbook Pro Intel Core Duo laptop with leopard installed I also have a fairly new windows desktop pc All i want is to be able to connect my external hard drive to the airport and have the ability to use that as the main disk for the work side of things for my laptop and also for the PC I would also like to have the ability to transfer files from the PC to the Mac and visa versa I business Apple Airport network with Small Extreme have connected the airport to the broadband Small business network with Apple Airport Extreme router the pc to the airport using a lan cable and plugged in my external HD to the airport using USB the internet works fine but i cant get the external Small business network with Apple Airport Extreme HD working well sometimes its there and sometimes its not i have run the airport utility on the mac and also on the PC and i cant seem to find out the problem Additionally i would like to be able to access the external HD for work I have a HP Officejet G printer connected to my PC - could i share it so i can print from my mac laptop I REALLY NEED HELP AS THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY Thank you so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-business-network-with-apple-airport-extreme.668584/
Relevancy 72.24%

I have two Apple laptops running well on an Airport Extreme wireless network. I am trying to connect a Dell Windows XP Service Pack 3 to the Airport via a USB to Ethernet LAN cable directly to the Airport for internet access. The Times Warner cable guy hooked it up and it accessed the internet just fine. I have since reformatted and reloaded Windows. I have not changed any of the cable connections. I have tried the Windows Network Wizard and the Airport Utility (which cannot detect the Airport). Windows says I have a "LAN or High-Speed Internet 1394 Connection" connected. However, Windows cannot find any internet access. The cable guy had it hooked up and on the internet in just a couple of minutes. Before I reformatted I noticed another connected network, not the 1394. Please help me get the Dell on the Airport via USB to Ethernet LAN cable for internet access. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Connect Windows PC to Airport Extreme via Ethernet cable

Install the chipset drivers from your Drivers/Resource CD or, better, from Dell's web site. Use your Service Tag for easier searching. Then check in Device Manager to see if there are still more missing drivers.

EDIT: You probably need the driver for the USB ethernet adapter also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connect-windows-pc-to-airport-extreme-via-ethernet-cable.807333/
Relevancy 72.24%

I just built a new computer and have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit installed on it and it is connected via ethernet cable to AirPort Extreme but my computer says there are no network connections, does anyone know how to fix this?

If it matters this is my build:

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply

GIGABYTE GV-N570D5-13I-B GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD10EALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMX6GX3M3A1600C9

A:Windows 7 to AirPort Extreme via Ethernet Cable Issues

Can you log into your router by typing its IP address into IE?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/134601-windows-7-airport-extreme-via-ethernet-cable-issues.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi there pals.

I've installed AirPort Extreme on my Windows 7 PC. No problem with the installation. However, when I tried to start the application it stated that it "requires Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or later". I thought there might be compatibility problems, so I uninstalled and reinstalled with XP SP2 compatibility settings. I still get the same response that "Airport Utility requires bla bla".
Could you help?
Thanks

Relevancy 72.24%

Hello to all I hope someone can help with this major printer problem If this is not the correct area for this post I apologize in advance please point me to where I should be Thanks Here is my problem Ive got a Windows Acer Aspire Laptop bit Epson R printer Apple Airport Extreme I downloaded the latest drivers from Epson and Bonjour for Windows Ive hooked the Epson directly to EPSON Apple 7- R280-Windows Extreme Airport the Acer and have been printing with no problems what so ever The problem comes when trying to print wirelessly through the airport It was EPSON R280-Windows 7- Apple Airport Extreme working fine a few months ago then just started acting EPSON R280-Windows 7- Apple Airport Extreme up I would hit print it would print maybe one page then start the second page and get hung up in the middle now it will get hung up at the end of a first page Lights are all flashing on the printer See whats printing is showing an error message Its all quit maddening Things Ive done Uninstalled installed reinstalled used the original software disk uninstalled and reinstalled using just the current driver uninstalled and reinstalled Bonjour Noda Ive changed IP addresses port numbers added printers turned off bio directional printing added new ports deleted new ports added and deleted new LPT ports Ive tried everything I have found on the web that has worked for others but not for me Absolutely nothing Ive tried works Im getting beyond ticked and ready to throw the damned thing out What irritates me the most is that it was working at one point So what changed Ive added nothing else what could it be Im very stubborn which is why I haven t pitch this sucker I feel Im missing something and my stubbornness is blinding me to what it is Any and all advice is so gratefully accepted and needed Also Im PLEADING AND BEGGING SOMEONE FOR HELP Thank you all so much in advance Mac

A:EPSON R280-Windows 7- Apple Airport Extreme

I might be a little late on this but I was having a similar issue with my HP F4400 deskjet not completing its print jobs also. In the printer properties, under the 'advanced' tab try changing the print processor settings but keep the Default Data Type as it is ( probably RAW type)
Also, there was another step I took but Im sure it wasn't the one that fixed the issue; even though in advanced tab it shows your printer type, click 'New Driver..." anyway and use the wiz to select (or re-select) your printer.

Hope this helps.
Good Luck,
G-)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/142721-epson-r280-windows-7-apple-airport-extreme.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have an Apple AirPort Extreme router connected to my Windows laptop It also connects all sorts of other devices all of which are working great The router has been working fine except now it does not find my hidden network I have to connect through my guest network When I search for the hidden network I can find it but it won t connect even though I know the password entered is correct I went into my AirPort Utility to change the settings that now says it quot can Solved: Station AirPort Extreme Problem Base Router t find any AirPort Solved: AirPort Extreme Base Station Router Problem Utility devices Make sure is in range and scan again quot The router is right next to my laptop so that is not an issue Why can it not find my devices I really would like to do a factory reset and change the whole network name and password and not make the network hidden this time Is that as easy as it sounds I can t find the original CD that came with the extreme but already have the AirPort Utility installed on my laptop so it should just pick up the new installation - right nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-airport-extreme-base-station-router-problem.1079997/
Relevancy 71.38%

I am looking to set up two Apple airport Extreme s and one Apple airport Express in Verizon TO: with Use service Apple FiOS an Extreme, HOW AirPort and A.Express addition to my Verizon Fios service I wanted to go over the best way to do this and how the cabling should be run from one device to another I have a MoCA CoAx connection coming into the Actiontech router and the WAN HOW TO: Use an Apple AirPort Extreme, and A.Express with Verizon FiOS service Port is free I have one of the LAN ports on the Actiontech going to a switch and then all the connections on the switch run to ethernet jacks around the house After reading this article the below article I am left with the impression that my Actiontech router has to be reconfigured to connect Via my WAN port instead of the CoAx with regards to my Fios service http www duglin net how-to-use-apple-airport-extreme-with html Is that correct I was just going to run an ethernet cable from the wall jack to the WAN port on the Apple Extreme and then set up the device in bridge mode Then proceed to turn off the wireless signal on the verizon router and configure the Apple router with SSID network name Would very much appreciate some advice on what other people have done to set up a similar devices Thanks nbsp

A:HOW TO: Use an Apple AirPort Extreme, and A.Express with Verizon FiOS service

There is already two Linksys devices set up and have working wireless in addition to the Actiontech. If the Actiontech is connected to the ONT via Coax alone does that mean that the Airport Extreme/express should be able to be set up with everything configured as is. Would the Airport extreme be an exception and another wireless device would work. Just trying to figure out if I would have to have the ethernet connection activated on the ONT by verizon in order to add the Apple routers. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-use-an-apple-airport-extreme-and-a-express-with-verizon-fios-service.1097964/
Relevancy 70.52%

I am trying to improve wireless performance at a clients home. Currently they have a Linksys RV082 set up as their main router. They also have 4 additional basic Linksys WRT54G routers set up at various points in the home that seem to be failing. My plan was to put in 3 Apple airport Extreme routers in place of the Linksys routers. I am wondering if they really need the Linksys RV082 in their network at all as they aren't running a business. Their is a large area to cover with a big house and the usage is purely Laptops, ipads, phones. The Linksys RV082 is only 110/100Mbps LAN Ports. I could keep this in the set up and just add the Apple routers in on Bridge mode. I could also remove the Linksys RV082 and start fresh with Apple Airport Extreme routers and add in a 10/1000Mbps Switch if needed. Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Linksys RV082 Router with additional Apple airport Extreme Routers

Why routers and not proper wireless access points and wireless repeaters? I'd look at Amped units if you want longer range. You can also look at powerline repeaters. The older versions of the RV082, or at least with older firmware, sometimes had poor throughput with the firewall enabled, test the internet speeds and verify that they are close to advertised speeds, update the firmware to latest version as well otherwise replace it with a new unit. I assume they don't use the dual WAN feature or VPN.

Amped: http://www.ampedwireless.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linksys-rv082-router-with-additional-apple-airport-extreme-routers.1134521/
Relevancy 70.52%

Yesterday we got broadband access at a vacation house I purchased and Apple Airport Extreme since we are all Mac Users we have all Cisco routers at home and office so maybe that was a mistake but I thought this would make life simple I password protected the network I connected my MacBook Air ipad and iphone s yesterday No problems and things are working perfectly Today my wife tried to join the network and it says Self-Assigned IP address x x x this device may not connect to the internet So I deleted the network and tried again I rebooted I rebooted the Airport Extreme I released DHCP under Airport Extreme Problem self-assigned access with Solved: numbers and with wifi IP Advanced Nothing worked I connected the computer to the router via an ethernet cable The computer recognizes that it is connected to the internet but will not connect Today I tried to connect my kids iphones and computer and ipad to the Solved: Problem with wifi access with Airport Extreme and self-assigned IP numbers network I can t make Solved: Problem with wifi access with Airport Extreme and self-assigned IP numbers any of them connect Is this a problem with the Airport Extreme Should I return it Or is this a problem of Solved: Problem with wifi access with Airport Extreme and self-assigned IP numbers another kind nbsp

A:Solved: Problem with wifi access with Airport Extreme and self-assigned IP numbers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problem-with-wifi-access-with-airport-extreme-and-self-assigned-ip-numbers.1065650/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 49.45%

I need to retrieve some old info from my old tower. Is it possible to hook the old tower to the new one and use it as a big memory bank? And if so, how do I do it?

A:Hooking old tower to new tower to retrieve old programs

This TCP/IP Home Networking and File Sharing Tutorial should get you started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hooking-old-tower-to-new-tower-to-retrieve-old-programs.613660/
Relevancy 47.73%

Forgot to ask this in my last thread. Is there any difference between a mid-tower ATX case and a full-tower other than height? Thanks.

Relevancy 41.71%
Q: Airport

I'm going on a flight to arizona in a few days and would like to take my laptop as a carryon.
Would the xray things at the security checkpoints screw with my lappy at all, or should I be safe taking it with me?

A:Airport

Hi,
I'm through airport security with my laptop very frequently. No problems at all as it gets x-rayed every time. When you pack though, keep it handy 'cos you might often be asked to put it through the x-ray on its own. It's a real pain if it's at the bottom of your hand luggage & you have to unpack in front of lines of staring onlookers!!

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport.772800/
Relevancy 41.28%

I would like to know what I am supposed to put before the WEP key on my airport for my Actiontec gt701-wg so that I can connect. If I call tech support it is $29.95 per call and I don't have that kind of money for this kind of question.

A:Airport and Actiontec WEP

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. What do you mean "before" the key? To enable WEP, you should just turn on the option on each end and enter the same HEX key for each station. Don't use any "passcode" options, since they sometimes generate different keys for different brands of network equipment.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-and-actiontec-wep.384771/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi,

I just want to know if i can connect with an AE to my linksys WGRT54G access point.

thanks.

A:Airport express

Do you mean WRT54G - Wireless router or do you mean WAP54G - Wireless Access Point?

From what I see online it does work with the first but not the second -see the link provided as I hear this is the best solution -

http://ryanschwartz.net/2004/08/05/airtunes-airport-express-and-the-wrt54g

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-express.380584/
Relevancy 41.28%

I've just acquired what I belive is a "Sawtooth" PowerMac G4(AGP)

it has a 400mhz processor, 512mb RAM, an ATI AGP 2x card (not sure what kind, possibly a 9xxx series?), DVD/CD and a 30gb Maxtor HD

right next to my graphics card is a square chip that is raised from the board, and if i remember correctly (this was my grandparents old computer) they had wireless, so im guessing this is the airport card.

Only problem is when i installed the OS (OS X 10.2.4) it said i only had modem/ethernet and no airport.

Do i need to update the OS for it to recognize it?

Note:I was given this computer because the 3.6v Lithium battery died inside, and i think they said that because of that the airport card didnt work properly, so right now i have no battery at the moment.

Thanks,
AJ

A:Airport card?

Info page about Sawtooth

Have you tried replacing the battery? I have a feeling the Airport problems are caused by it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/airport-card.55927/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am having issues getting the PCs on my network to work with mac airports. They are getting good signal strength, but unable to access the internet. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:Cant get PC to work with mac airport

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-pc-to-work-with-mac-airport.856500/
Relevancy 41.28%

I bought a CDRW drive while in Boston cause it was a great deal. I am flying back to Chicago and felt safest just having teh drive with me in my carryon but then I got to thinking. WIll the X-Ray scan at the security checkpoint do any damage to the drive?

A:CDRW and airport X-Ray

Not at all, but if you see them putting it in the microwave stop them before they hit the start button. ;]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdrw-and-airport-x-ray.153188/
Relevancy 41.28%

ok i got some advice about missing drives for airport card now i need to know which down load to use i have a imac g3 and the pc wont notice that the card has been installed, i went to drive window and there are none, i have os x 104 11 tiger...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-card.877162/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my Airport extreme and I hope someone can help. If I plug my Macbook directly into the cable modem via ethernet cord I can connect to the Internet fine. However, if I plug the ethernet into the Airport (and power cycle both it and the modem) the light is green but my Mac can't open any web pages. I am getting the "you are not connected to the Internet" message in Safari. This issue is happening on both PCs and Macs and is incredibly frustrating. I've tried resetting the Airport to factory settings and Comcast gave me a new cable modem but neither of those tries helped. I'm stumped.

I'm sure there's something really simple that I am missing but I need some expert help figuring out what that missing step might be! Thanks in advance.

roxy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-mac-connectivity-issues.813328/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am a Apple user but i have never used any of the AirPort products. and i was wondering if i can use an AirPort Express to wirelessly transmit audio into another room without any other Apple Router product. i do not have any out appl products on the network such as Time Capsule or Base Station. i thought i read somewhere that you needed a Base Station or Time Capsule to use the AirPort Express to trasmit iTunes audio. is that correct? or can i use it with any router?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-express-with-airtunes.1011789/
Relevancy 40.85%

My wireless internet doesn't work because I'm on a PC and I'm using a Mac Airport.

How do I change the password for the Airport to Hex Key(s) so I can connect to it on my PC.

A:Wirelessly connecting PC to Mac Airport

http://forums.techguy.org/networking/608917-help-wireless-interent.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wirelessly-connecting-pc-to-mac-airport.609245/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi everyone I have a rather complex situation that requires I think a complex solution that I have not yet worked out I have the following - ADSL internet connection - TP-Link TD-W N Wireless Airport Network Mbps Wireless N ADSL Modem Router - Brand new Airport extreme - Four brand airport expresses - port com switch My requirements are - A contained protected office network with wi-fi with access and also access for wired clients via the port switch - A quot guest quot network with only internet access which needs to be spread throughout a Airport Wireless Network large old building thick stone walls but cabling is not possible My inital thought was to use the TP-Link as only a modem and run the network via the extreme Plug the switch into Airport Wireless Network the extreme which would also run the office wi-fi and then extend the guest network nice extra option in the extreme thoughout the building with the expresses Problem is that you cannot extend the guest network with either n or g I cannot just reverse these two networks because I need wired access to the office network The current system has the extreme running only the office network wi-fi wired as a quot double NAT quot inside the quot mother network quot which is DHCPed by the TP-LINK with its wireless on pretty good range I set the expresses to extend the TP-Link s wireless by old fashioned WDS which I got working but it was incredibly slow just because that is what g WDS is like I am not using the n capacity of the expresses I thought about using the TP-Link DHCP and wi-fi to run the office network and then I can use the extreme and the quot extend my network quot n option for better speeds around the building but then the office network would be open to the guest network Any ideas of how I can get the most out of my equipment Adam Sanders nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-wireless-network.1024967/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a friend who has a Airport network with a mac and a PC.
I have a Ricoh printer with a network card that I used to have on my Ethernet nw. Is it possible to use a Standard TCP/IP address on the printer and install it on his nw? The printer has a PS card so it is Mac ready. But is the Airport Ethernet ready.
If it were an Ethernet nw I would just install a WAP with a switch port and connect the printer to it. But I am clueless about Airport NWs

A:Setting up a printer on an Airport nw

You should be able to connect your printer via network card. Apple Airport uses standard tcp/ip. Just assign the ethernet adapter on the printer an IP address within your network and set your print driver to look at that ip address. I have a Brother printer with an ethernet port working this way and both the mac and pc work fine with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setting-up-a-printer-on-an-airport-nw.583581/
Relevancy 40.85%

Just when I thought I was free of Bill, someone decides to bring Vista into my network. Someone decides to get a new laptop loaded with Micro$oft Vi$ta and wantd to connect it to my wireless network, which is an Apple Airport base station(I stopped using Bill's stuff a LONG time ago).

I installed the airport software on the laptop and it still can't find the base station. I'm not a networking guru, but I'm hoping I don't have to shell out $$$ for a wireless router that I really don't need.

btw, the laptop in question is a HP pavilion dv6227d

update: now my airport base station isn't working, DAMN YOU BILL!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-apple-airport.545512/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I am new here and have looked at the rules and stuff but I hope I m posting this in the right forum and everything I am a fairly Advanced Mac PC user and I ve just bought a MacBook It hasn t arrived yet Now my question I would like to buy an AirPort Express AirPort Bridge Question for my MacBook I already have a Linksys Wired router connecting to the internet computers and an HP Printer I would like to put an Ethernet card into one of my computers Yes that means I would have two ethernet ports and connect one to the AirPort Express and then use Windows XP s Bridging function to connect the AirPort to the Internet So will this work I assume it will AirPort Bridge Question but I don t want to buy the AirPort if there s a possibility that it won t work Also just wondering will computers on the AirPort network be able to connect to my Network Printer Thanks in advance As I mentioned above I have Windows XP and of course Mac OS X Tiger on my MacBook nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi
Might be moving to USA for awhile can I take my 3 HDD (internal) though X-ray scan at the airport, will I be able to get on a plane with 3 chunks of metal, or will I be rushed off to a back room?

A:Hard Drives...Airport

People take their laptops on airplanes all the time. Along with several other electronic devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212036-hard-drives-airport.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,
I had been connecting to my landlord's network via Airport (G4 Quicksilver, OS X 10.4.11). He recently obtained a new wireless service, and I now am unable to connect. The name of the network appears, but I receive the following error:

There was an error joining the AirPort network "XXX".

I have tried all of the WP options, and have verified the password (I can connect with my laptop).

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/g4-airport-connection-issue.1103292/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'm running Windows 7, but my work uses an Airport to manage the network. Everytime I've upgraded my laptop OS or reinstalled to clean it up I've had to spend days trying to get it to print again. I can connect to the wireless fine, and if I plug the printer in directly via USB, it prints so it is neither the wireless or the drivers that are faulty.

I had this same problem when I (briefly) had Vista on my computer but that was two years ago and I don't remember how I fixed it then, though I think it may have had something to do with installing XP drivers.

HP Pavilion tx 2000
HP Laserjet 4000
Windows 7

I'd love some help here as I don't want to spend days of my work time trying to fix this.

Relevancy 40.85%

Is there a definitive answer these days about whether the x-rays at airport screenings can damage floppy disks?

Last time I flew, I just asked for them to be hand-searched instead, but you never know if those guys will give you a hard time.

:suspiciou

A:Floppies & airport x-rays

Xrays make no problems for floppies, it's magnets and high temperatures that you need to worry about.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/floppies-airport-x-rays.31605/
Relevancy 40.85%

I ve just bought a new laptop with Windows Premium on I already have a desktop with Win Ultimate on I am trying to set up the homegroup so I can stream videos Homegroup/Airport problem. from my desktop to laptop The laptop couldn t detect the desktop s homegroup but the desktop could detect the laptop s I connected the desktop to the laptop s network The same applies now I can see the laptop on the desktop but the desktop doesn t show up on the laptop I ve checked the Homegroup/Airport problem. settings and they are both identical so I can t understand why one works and the other doesn t My desktop has AVG AV FW which the laptop doesn t only AVG free AV My desktop is also having trouble detecting my airport express in itunes which the laptop can see so I m assuming there is a configuration issue with the desktop s network connectivity somewhere I have tried disabling the AVG firewall but that didn t work My desktop wireless adaptor is a Netgear WN v with latest drivers I really need assistance with this issue Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Homegroup/Airport problem.

Uninstall AVG (desktop) and run the Removal Tool.

Some people have found Homegroups to be very easy to setup and convenient to use; others have just given up and used "regular" file sharing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/homegroup-airport-problem.953916/
Relevancy 40.85%

I just replaced my old wired VPN router with the latest AirPort router for a wireless network. I confirmed the Zoom x5 DSL modem was still working. I was successful in getting the new router to work, but when I added a computer to the network, I got "The DNS server isn't responding." My network is a mess. Any suggestions?

A:Zoom + AirPort = DNS not responding

Quote: Originally Posted by pgordon

I just replaced my old wired VPN router with the latest AirPort router for a wireless network. I confirmed the Zoom x5 DSL modem was still working. I was successful in getting the new router to work, but when I added a computer to the network, I got "The DNS server isn't responding." My network is a mess. Any suggestions?

Open cmd window by typing cmd in search>then type ipconfig /all > %userprofile%\desktop\ipdetails.txt.
Take that file and upload it to us.
Also try in cmd window Ping MSN.com, and tell us the results

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/90873-zoom-airport-dns-not-responding.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an airport express with the USB port on it. M9470LL/A

When i plug it into to the wall, the amber light stays on but then it starts to flash, which means that there is something wrong.I have a printer, sound and Ethernet connected to it. when a launch the airport utility it recognizes it but when i set it up it looses the connection with it by the end of the setup. it tells me that setup failed and that i should try again. I tried many times but it still fails. I tried resetting it to factory settings. still no luck. I am trying to set it up on a windows xp laptop. any suggestions?

i don't have the original CD that came with it so i don't have the airport setup assistant. does any one have a link where i can download it?

A:Airport Express problem

Have you tried the manufacturer's site?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-express-problem.764937/
Relevancy 40.85%

I need help That s why I m multiple computers AirPort, One here right Here s the deal We have DSL using the phone company s modem which is connected via ethernet cable to my AirPort Extreme base station I use my Mac PowerBook G wirelessly and have great signal all over the whole house The AirPort is in my husband s office at one end of the house Hubby works from home sometimes using his company s laptop a pc wirelessly he gets great signal all over the house Hubby also has a pc laptop which he can use wirelessly more or less all over the house He was getting a really bad signal anywhere other than the office where the AirPort is so we got a Hawking antenna and that seems to have helped Here s where I need help I am starting a work at home job where I will need to be hard wired My office is upstairs pretty close to just above his office Would like to somehow maintain what we have as far as the wireless but also be able to hardwire his pc laptop from upstairs If we have a second dsl One AirPort, multiple computers jack put in by the phone company they will charge us for two dsl connections and we d like to avoid this if possible Is there any way at all to accomplish this Something we can do ourselves We re both pretty tech savvy I thank y all in advance nbsp

A:One AirPort, multiple computers

Pull an ethernet drop between the floors. Have the one end plugged into the AirPort and the other end terminated to a wall plate where your Hubby can just plug an ethernet patch cord into the jack from his laptop. Depending on wall access and such, this can be a relatively easy task to a pain in the rear.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/one-airport-multiple-computers.750179/
Relevancy 40.85%

Well I've had my MacBook since December '07 and I've noticed that sometimes AirPort just doesn't want to let me use the internet.

I'm on wireless internet at home with a Netgear Router. The Mac is like "I'll do what I want when I feel like it" and it'll just keep preventing me from using my internet. It works sometimes but others not. I've tried restarting, shutting down and turning on/off of Air Port but it doesn't help.

Then on some days that I try, it works perfect and I can access the internet.

So why does it do it? How can I stop it from doing it as it's really quite annoying.

Thanks.

A:MacBook AirPort annoyance.

I know nothing about MACs, but one possible problem is wireless interference, such as from another network on the same or close channel.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-airport-annoyance.684441/
Relevancy 40.85%

Does not recognize my Airport Extreme or Express even though they are working fine and recognized by my iMac in the other room. I currently stream iTunes via the iMac, but would prefer to use my Windows 8 machine. But, so far, no go with Airport and iTunes does not have a speaker selector (probably cuz Airport not working).

Is 5.6.1 not Windows 8 compatible? If not, is there a more recent version?

A:Airport 5.6.1 Not Windows 8 Compatible?

I thought Airport was a MAC OS only application?

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/25867-airport-5-6-1-not-windows-8-compatible.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I recently purchased an apple airport extreme - the reason i did was because i Problems Airport Apple have read good reviews and the articles talked about how easy it is to Apple Airport Problems set up - plug in and play Well this is my situation I have a Macbook Pro Intel Core Duo laptop with leopard installed I also have a fairly new windows desktop pc All i want is to be able to connect my external hard drive to the airport and have the ability to use that as the main disk for the work side of things for my laptop and also for the PC I would also like to have the ability to transfer files from the PC to the Mac and visa versa I have connected the airport to the broadband router the pc to the airport using a lan cable and plugged in my external HD to the airport using USB the internet works fine but i cant get the external HD working well sometimes its there and sometimes its not i have run the airport utility on the mac and also on the PC and i cant seem to find out the problem Additionally i would like to be able to access the external HD for work I have a HP Officejet G printer connected to my PC - could i share it so i can print from my mac laptop I REALLY NEED HELP AS THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY Thank you so much nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/apple-airport-problems.668586/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm about to take a trip, and I plan to take my digital camera along. Question: should I be concerned about damage to my digital pictures on my SmartCard when the camera is xrayed? Should I remove the SmartCard first?

MRBEE

Relevancy 40.42%

I have windows 10 trying to hook up an apple airport express router
and signal extender... it links to my cable router but I can not get it to
link with anything else... I have tried unplugging   but I can not find airport on my computer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/89c9e810-5b15-4328-a542-a5f1e2d515f6/hook-up-apple-airport-express-to-my-pc?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 40.42%

My wireless network uses the Microsoft MN-500 router. I currently have 3 PC's connected and working flawlessly with my cable internet connection. I just purchased a Power Mac G5 with Airport Express. Airport finds my Network, but gives an error message saying it had a problem connecting to it. It gives no hint as to what the specific problem is. I'm well within range (about 20 feet), have the Airport antenna plugged in and have disabled all security (like WEP and MAC filtering). I set up a conference call with both Apple and Microsoft tech support and both were clueless (though quite ready to blame the other's product).

Can anyone help me get these products talking?

Thanks,

-Mark Frank

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-wont-connect-with-wireless-router-mn-500.366256/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have someone who only has these two devices to play music on a stereo. He had this setup previously and the Airport quit working. He added a new airport and the airport just flashes. Is it possible to use the usb wireless adapter as a bridge or ad-hoc to get the airport connected?

Basically I dont see anything broadcasting a wireless signal for the airport to connect to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-express-and-a-linksys-wusb54g.841565/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'm paying for 12 Mbps of DSL service. I moved into our home about three months ago and have been achieving 10-11 Mbps up to this point. About two weeks ago my Airport bars started to decline. SPEEDTEST.net is telling me today that I am only achieving 3-4 Mbps. I can't think of anything that I have done new in the past few weeks. Here's the kicker: My wife's Macbook sits approximately 6 feet away from my iMac and she has seen no drop off in speed. I can even have her laptop on my desk and her speed remains constant between 10-11 Mbps.

I am on Channel 6 (2.4 GHz)-----RSSI:-75------Transmit Rate:5

iStumbler shows WPA2---802.11n---Mode(Network)--Signal-28 Noise-17%

DNS Servers:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-slow-on-mac-fast-on-imac.1067621/
Relevancy 40.42%

ok I am trying to find something that will basically do the same thing as an airport express...

I want to be able to go to someones house, plug something into their WIRED router, and be able to access their internet from my laptop. But I DONT want to have to muck around with their router at all....

doesnt matter if some configuring of the access point (if thats what I need) needs to be done, as long as I dont touch their pc or router

what should I need?

also, if I bought a small wireless router, could I use that too? (for the people who just have one PC with no router) I mean plug in the router, use my laptop to config it and just plug their PC in.....and when I unplug the router and take it home, their PC will run just the same

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all I recently bought a buffalo link station live and want to add it to my home network My router is an apple airport express not the extreme The Link Station needs to be plugged into the router to be on the network but the Express only has one Ethernet port and it is being used by the cable modem I think I m screwed right How do i get the linkstation onto my network Do I need to upgrade to an Airport extreme If so do the older ufo express? linkstation buffalo with airport style Extremes allow for multiple network inputs I see they have two Ethernet ports but one is labeled WAN and the other LAN and I confess I have no idea what that means Thanks for buffalo linkstation with airport express? any help guys much appreciated PS- I d switch back to something like a Linksys router but I use the Express for playing iTunes thru my home stereo Are there other routers that do the same nbsp buffalo linkstation with airport express?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi
I have a bi of an odd request. I need help to hard wire my airport express to my pc so I can run music to my stereo. I've tried to do the wireless thing but its crap basically. It is completely random whether it decides to connect or not and when it does it repeatedly drops out. I don't need it to be wireless as I have cat5e cabling under my house.

All I need is step by step guidance on how to set it up hard wired.
Cheers
Arb

A:Hard wiring an airport express

Connect one end of ethernet cable to Airport Express.

Connect other end of the cable to computer.

See user manual for set up instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hard-wiring-an-airport-express.742757/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hey folks---

I'm a newbie to this site so hopefully someone can help me out

I'm housesitting for a professor and she has wireless set up with an Airport.

She's given me her network password, and I can connect to the network with 'limited connectivity', which means that I cannot get on the internet.

I know that the internet is working because I can get on using her laptop, which is a mac.

She has WEP security.

How can I fix this?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Relevancy 40.42%

I have an Apple Airport Express which is just a wireless router that has only one LAN port (generally for your modem). I have it out in my living room and I need to get my Xbox 360 on the network. I have a netgear switch, so I plugged my modem into that, then my Airport Express and Xbox into the switch. The aiport works fine through the switch but the xbox wont connect to the internet.. This should work right? Anyone have any ideas?Thanks.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi I have a airport express base station model A This was used by someone else I set it back to factory settings and I want to set it up to my Hi Fi system to play songs from base station express airport itunes Im using a pc with windows i have a bigpond airport express base station elite wireless modem which is connected to my desktop with an ethinet cable I have downloaded airport utility from the apple site but when I plug the AE in I lose internet access its as if this over powers my modem or something airport utility doesnt recognise the AE either When I unplug the AE I still have no internet acess and the only was I can get it back is by doing a system restore What is happening I googled and came across this page http discussions apple com thread jspa threadID amp tstart which I followed very careful but still no luck and lose of internet another system restore gets me back online again Ryan nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Well you all did great with my last problem here s a AirPort #2) (challenge Express Apple more vexing one I have an Apple AirPort Express you know the little cigarette box doohickey for ad Apple AirPort Express (challenge #2) hoc wireless networking connecting beaming iPod music and connecting printers to its USB Anyway plugged into my home network PC network btw with an ETHERNET cable from the router to the Airport Express and with a printer on that USB port on the airport expr I can indeed see both the AE and the printer and it works great Of course I bought this for its wireless ability for a printer I have in another room If I setup my router not the AE with NO password I can still see the AE even when I unplug the ethernet cable Of course this is not ideal If I put my password back on my router I can t see the AE anymore Does IT need to know how to connect to my network Printing remotely WIRELESSLY is supposed to be a key feature of this device Can anyone tell me how to actually do so AND keep my wireless protection in place Mind you I am ONLY trying at this point to use the AE wirelessly to connect to my USB printer Thanks for your efforts I imagine that unless you have this exact setup it s probably not worth your time to guess at it as I already tried so many things it s ridiculous Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apple-airport-express-challenge-2.26606/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi all,

This is my first post.

I have a question related to MAC and windows, here's the problem.

With Macbook you can create an access point (WIFI) for others to connect, this seems to work pretty good for other MAC and also for LINUX , but when y try to connect it with Windows it gives me error, it doesn't even ask for the wifi password of the AP that i've created with MAC.
Has anybody ever try to do this and got it working?

Relevancy 40.42%

I recently bought an Airport card for my Ibook and am trying to connect to the Airport express connection the rest of my family are already on. my ibook is showing that the Bt connection is there but wont accept the password used by the other computers.My Ibook is 800mhz and runs OSX10.24, the other computers are a G4 IBook with OSX10.3 and a Dell PC both are around the same age and have inbuilt cards, the wireless connection operates with Airport express and a ADSL D- Link Router. I was wondering if it might be something to do with the operating system my older Ibook is on and whether updating my system to 10.3 would help? If any one has any advice or ideas I'd love to hear em!!
Muchos Gracias
Carly

A:Networking problems with Airport Express

Welcome, Carly.

I know (maybe) enough about iBook to make this one post.

Is the network using WPA or WEP encryption? I think that Airport Express supports WPA, but Airport does not. I don't know what is the earliest OS version that supports WPA.

If WEP is being used there is no guarantee that all devices will translate a password the same way. Best to use Hex key(s).

Terry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/networking-problems-with-airport-express.433541/
Relevancy 40.42%

I purchased the Airport Express today to stream music from my Vista laptop to my stereo I got the software installed fine I plugged in the Airport and plugged in both my Ethernet connection to my modem as well as my stereo connection I started up the Airport Admin Utility but it won t detect any base stations I then went to the Windows connection center and saw that the Airport came up as a network albeit an unsecured connection I connected to it fine and iTunes brought up the option to start playing music through the Airport which it did fine My problem is now is that this Airport is unsecured so any of my neighbors can connect to it I want to setup the Airport name it and secure it but I can t do that since Vista W/ With Airtunes Express Airport the configuration utility somehow doesn t see this Airport The other problem I have is that I downloaded the firmware updater for the airport but when I run it I get the UAC warning then Vista says it s stopped working Any ideas I was thinking of getting an XP machine to update the firmware but all my computers are running Vista too Thanks nbsp Airport Express W/ Airtunes With Vista

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-express-w-airtunes-with-vista.564809/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello i have a question i have xrays.... and airport hard drive a gig hard drive i was hard drive and airport xrays.... using on my home computer as a storage drive only Drive L hard drive and airport xrays.... i used it as backup and transfered all my files on it before moving to japan i took it out of the computer to use in a hard drive dock connecting to my girlfriends laptop via usb i was in such a hard drive and airport xrays.... rush when i moved that when i took it out i never tested it out even but in japan i hooked it up to the computer and it doesnt show up in my computer and so i cannot access it although i can see it when i go to manage the drives and i see how much space is used etc i am hoping it is only a simple issue such as identifying the drive letter and not something more serious since its not my laptop i didn t want to go into bios and mess around when i didn t know exactly what i was doing i have another drive i use in the dock that works fine on her laptop but this has always been used as an external drive even at home in the states note when i packed the drives they were in one of my checked bags carefully packed in an small aluminum case inside a big aluminum suitcase The one that works was in the dock the other was in a non-static bag and wrapped in a towel the suitcase had been opened and inspected maybe xray d i realized when i arrived though before placing the hard drive in the non-static bag i did wrap it in cellophane wrap for a short time i don t know if this would have a negative effect on the drive or not though but thought i d mention it just in case i was hoping to find a tech in japan but i cant find one or explain the situation if i ever did Thanks for any tips advice etc Troy nbsp

A:hard drive and airport xrays....

Hi

I fix the Epos systems in manchester airport, we take HD's and complete PC's through the Xray and we never had any fail, so I doubt your problem is related to that.

What worries me is that you wrapped a HD in cellophane, this isnt a good idea as it is a good conductor of static and you may have damaged the IDE controller.

As you can see it in disk management try right clicking it and see if it can be examined or assigned a drive letter.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-and-airport-xrays.65272/
Relevancy 40.42%

Its amazing every single time i put my X through x-ray scanner it never goes without stopping This computer is the best money i Security X870 Airport Problems. ever X870 Airport Security Problems. spend love it but im annoyed like today X870 Airport Security Problems. that it always red flags security agents at airports Here i am waiting for my pc to roll out of the scanner when it stops i look at the guard monitoring the scanner machine as he looks suspicious and with a quot quot over his head Some after getting a better look at it let it go while some other times they pick my up turn around to see if there's anything wrong This one time was mind blowing he picks my pc up look trough the vents point a flashlight there and says to me that they may needed to see inside I was like WTH Are you seriously going to open my k computer just because it has a very dense vent coolers i suspected it was that No way i said Eventually police arrived and after many arguing they let me go Today's travel i got stopped again because of my pc After talking to the agent he said if i want i could look at the image on the X-ray scanner It was something like this dont laugh at my drawings come on now https postimg org image gpa a dzx Basically this computer is a little different his words and that the coolers look like wrapped explosives I'm like are you kidding me Yes its a powerful computer thus need extra cooling power but really At the millions of laptops you see this is the one that looks like every time it has explosives on him Well Yeah he replied There you go its an excellent computer but be prepared to be annoyed at the airport or security scans if you want this top laptop Happy Valentine's day

A:X870 Airport Security Problems.

Would love an opinion on this, since its really weird :)

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81379-X870-Airport-Security-Problems
Relevancy 40.42%

I have a Vista desktop. I have an imac with an Airport Extreme. I have an Epson C88+ attached to the Mac. I installed the printer on the Vista machine and I was able to print a test page from the Vista to the Epson via the network. I can't print anything other than the test page. Obviously there is some type of communication going on, but I can't understand why it won't print from Word or Excel for example.

Thanks for any assistance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-print-to-epson-attached-via-mac-airport-476102.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Let me preface this question with utility Solved: access on can't airport pc a confession of being fairly ignorant about anything to do with computers That being said here is my layman s question I have a Solved: can't access airport utility on pc home based network with two windows PCs One laptop running Win Pro and the other desktop Vista I have them connected via cable Internet using an airport extreme th gen router along with a Motorola surfboard Solved: can't access airport utility on pc extreme doc modem I connect wireless from both computers When I set up the router I downloaded the Airport Utility on the laptop since that was my personal primary computer The utilities Icon updates and setup were only visible and accessible from the laptop A few days ago my laptop simply shutdown and I can t get it to power up I was in the process of screening for a new computer and had done a Solved: can't access airport utility on pc recent back-up onto a flash so I wasn t that flipped out over not being able to access that is until I started having some network issues Now I am completely in the dark on what or how to get to the airport utility since it was loaded on the now defunct laptop I thought I could download the utility again from the apple website to the desktop but for some reason it doesn t want to download So now I am stuck If I buy a new mac which is what I am considering and I install the utility on it will it automatically recognize the existing network and load the settings so I can simply add the new computer to the network Or do I start anew and if so how would I delete the old network I am sorry if this is either extremely confusing or extremely simple no brainer but as I said I m a novice looking for help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: can't access airport utility on pc

Ok, so a little confusing on how you wrote it but let me try to help.

When you reinstall the utility it will load all of the old settings. If you buy a new mac, then it should already be loaded.
Are you trying to download this one on your windows machine? http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1547

If you want to restore the factory defaults you could use this link: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3728

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-access-airport-utility-on-pc.1084227/
Relevancy 40.42%

I have used an AirPort Extreme base station for years, for my main Mac computer, and my Dell laptop and my children's two Dell laptops. My laptop is running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3, and suddenly, after updating Norton Antivirus (was told I needed to "fix" a problem), the laptop can "see" my wireless network, but cannot connect to it.

AirPort Utility "was unable to find any Apple wireless devices..."

I uninstalled Norton, removed the firewall, but I don't understand how the computer suddenly cannot find my AirPort Extreme base station.

The kids' computers are connecting just fine, as is the Mac. I can't figure out what happened or how to correct it. Any help is greatly appreciated. I am not tech-savvy, but I can follow directions. Thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/suddenly-cant-connect-to-airport-wireless-503497.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello We have just moved house and now have Comcast cable internet motorola surfboard modem which is plugged into my Airport & Laptop Airport Connection Problems Express I have a MacBook which detected the new information adapted and connects to the internet flawlessly My husband has a PC laptop equipped with Vista and although it connects to the Airport it cannot connect to the internet We've done Vista diagnostics but we suspect there is either some setting on his PC which isn't allowing the connection or Airport & Laptop Connection Problems else I've done something to the Airport to disallow internet access to strange computers We did disable Airport & Laptop Connection Problems all security on the airport which is how he was able to connect to the airport but he can't get to the internet through the airport Any thoughts Also our kids have a desktop PC and we'd like that to connect to the internet too We figured we'd put in a wireless thingy so it detected the Airport too But perhaps there's something better which could solve all the problems Thanks in advance Sasha

A:Airport & Laptop Connection Problems

Depending on your ISP, it may not be Vista capable (a call to them might reveal something). But most issues with ISP's revolve around IPv6 compatibility and the DHCP Broadcast Flag (on by default in Vista, off by default in XP). You can turn off IPv6 in your network connections properties, and can disable the DHCP Broadcast Flag with this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928233As for the desktop, a wire will provide a more reliable connection, but if that's impractical you can get a wireless adapter. I prefer those that are installed in the PC, feeling that they are a bit faster than those that plug into a USB port.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100417/airport-laptop-connection-problems/
Relevancy 40.42%

I've got an Apple Airport and love it.

It streams my music from my computer to my Stereo. The thing is, it only works with Itunes. Does anyone know of another application I can use if for to stream to my stereo? I'd love to use it with Pandora.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-music-stream-to-stereo.662391/
Relevancy 39.99%

Here are my MacBook Pro settings:

Network: 2WIRE183 (Channel: 5)
in 802.1X

Base Station ID: 00:0D:72:71:E7:38

Configure IPv4: Manually
IP Address: 192.168.1.3
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
IPv6 Address: fe80:0000:0000:0000:0217:f2ff:fe43:87ca

Network Status: You are connected to network 2WIRE183. You are connected to the Internet via Airport.

But I am still unable to access the Internet even though the network status says I am connected. I am not able to access the router in the Internet cafe. Can you help in any way to make this work so I can actually access the Internet?

Thank you!

A:Not able to get Internet access but Airport says I am connected to network....

What are the Default Gateway and DNS Addresses for that interface?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-get-internet-access-but-airport-says-i-am-connected-to-network.641974/
Relevancy 39.99%

I use my Dell Latitude laptop running Windows XP to ride on an Apple home network consisting of a G4 Digital Audio (466 MHz) attached to an Airport base station. We just added a USB printer to the network for my son to use wirelessly from his Macbook in his bedroom. Unfortunately, my XP alaptop can't seem to find the new printer, though I have loaded the software from the CD. (???) Any suggestions would be welcomed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/print-from-xp-lapton-to-apple-airport-network.674078/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a T450 running Windows 10.  I purchased it less than a year ago.  I recently upgraded my home router to an apple airport extreme.  My computer shows a strong signal yet can't connect to the main network.  Somehow it can connect to a guest network on the same account but it is very slow.  I believe there may be some issue with the AC7625 wireless card working with the apple product as I've seen in other forums.  Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix?  Thanks. My computer worked fine on my pervious linksys router.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450-Windows-10-Wireless-not-working-with-Airport-extreme/td-p/3355016
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi,
For as long as I've had my Time Capsule, by installing the Airport disk on my PCs, I've been able to access Airport Disk (basically using my Time Capsule as a network storage place) but the icon in the bit next to the clock has disappeared. It is registering in the notification history (and I've set it to Always Show with no effect). I have tried loading the Airport Utility and playing around with everything in there. And nothing. It is working fine on my Mac and on my other PCs but this one is being awkward After weeks of trying to find out what's happened, I've given up. Now hopefully the clever people at Techguy.org can help me.
I'm running XP SP3 if this helps and the Mac is running OS X 10.5 Leopard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-disk-problem-time-capsule.856956/
Relevancy 39.99%

My setting on my MacBook Pro:

Using DHCP
IP address: 192.168.0.17
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Router: 192.168.0.1
IPv6: f380:0000:0000:0000:0217:f2ff:fe43:89ca
Airport ID: 00:17:f2:43:89:ca

I am trying to log onto network in internet cafe and the Network Status says "Airport is connected to the network Netgear. You are connected to the Internet via Airport" but I am still unable to access the Internet. Do you know how I can get online?

A:Not able to get Internet access but Airport says I am connected to network....

I don't know MAC, so any help I can offer will be generalities only.

If that is your configuration when connected at the cafe it certainly looks like a good configuration.

See if you can ping the router, an internet address and an internet site by name; e.g.,
ping 192.168.0.1.
ping 216.109.112.135
ping yahoo.com

There may be special starting page that you have to go to first (to pay, or to register, or to enjoy an advertisement, ...) and those don't always work smoothly. I'd try at least one reboot.

And then start asking the management or another user. The ping information should help with any such conversations.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-get-internet-access-but-airport-says-i-am-connected-to-network.641856/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi can you help me with the following:

My MacBook Pro laptop with OS X 10.4.9 says the following in regards to Network Status: "Airport is connected to the network Linksys. Airport has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet." I am signed onto the wireless network but I CAN'T connect to the internet. Do you have any idea what I should do (i.e. change IP address, etc) or twik it somehow or manually input the IP Address, Subnet Mask, etc? The security under Linksys is WEP. I would really appreciate your help! Thank you so much!

A:Airport has a self-assigned IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/airport-has-a-self-assigned-ip-address-and-may-not-be-able-to-connect-to-the-internet.634373/
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a brother printer HL 5250DN and I have it hooked up to my airport to share with my Imac and my pc. Everything was working fine the other day until my brother decided it wanted to die and I went to replace it with a new one. (I bouthg it at staples and they exchanged for a new one). I did the following steps but it still doesn't work:

I turned off all computers.
Unplugged the printer from power and network cable from air port.
I turned off airport and unplugged cables.
I waited about five minutes and plugged all back in and turned back on. still no worky, i can not detect the printer on my pc but I can on my imac. I unistalled the drivers and re-installed on the pc. I don't know what to do next and I really need to print!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brother-printer-hl-5250dn-will-not-print-to-pc-using-airport.794410/
Relevancy 39.99%

I was trying to setup Apple Airport Express today and in the process it created its own network. Because of that, when I try to connect to my own home network on that computer, it says it can't connect. It's just a problem with that computer. Every other computer can connect to the internet. Thanks in advance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576069/setting-up-airport-express-broken-my-internet/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi there,
Well I'm moving back to germany today! I am a bit worried about the xray scanners at the airport that scan the hand luggage because I have my laptop, ipad and external hard drive in there.

I'm worried that it could damage or mess up something.

So, can it damage something?

A:Laptop/ipad and airport xray scanners?

They will be fine, 1000's of laptops and iPads go though airport scanners every hour, mine must of been xrayed at least 20 times.

You've nothing to worry about.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/287153-laptop-ipad-airport-xray-scanners.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey Tech Support Guys I ve recently started working at a studio that has its network setup via Airport Express using DHCP and the IP Obviously my MacBook Pro works fine with this wireless network but I brought my Dell Inspiron m PC with Windows XP Pro v to work and though it appears to establish a connection with the Airport with bars signal strength and Mbps speed I get the quot Limited or no connectivity quot message and can t connect to Connectivity Airport Wireless Windows No Network: or XP Limited with the Internet with a browser email or pinging nor can I connect to the airport at I checked the Status of the connection and DHCP does not seem to be assigning my wireless card an IP in the family and a subnet of Rather the IP address I Windows XP with Airport Wireless Network: Limited or No Connectivity get is the subnet is with no Default Gateway DNS Server or WINS Server I searched the Web and came across this site http www pchell com support limitedconnectivity shtml which offers a bunch of things you can do to fix this apparently common problem So I ve done the following I ve reset the TCP IP stack I ve applied the XP IP patch KB I ve applied the registry fix HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services IPSec quot AssumeUDPEncapsulationContextOnSendRule quot dword I couldn t set my duplex mode to quot Full Duplex quot or my link speed to quot Mbps quot as they suggest because the Dell device manager interface doesn t offer up those properties for modification After this I still get the quot limited or no connectivity quot message with the blank DNS etc So I tried two setups of Static IP First IP Subnet Gateway PrimaryDNS AlternateDNS blank Second IP Subnet Gateway PrimaryDNS that assigned by my ISP AlternateDNS that assigned my ISP In both of these cases I actually get a quot Connected quot message instead of the quot Limited or No Connectivity quot however I still can t connect to the internet via a Web browser e-mail or pinging with a Command prompt So I m at a bit of a loss and don t know what to try next Help please Thanks so much Diane nbsp

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all,

The first computer I connect to the wireless works fine, but I have had to self-assign IP addresses for other computers/devices using the 10.0.1.x spectrum. I originally thought it was a problem with my airport express. However, my roommate recently tried to plug directly to the modem and his computer did not get an IP address (he changed his settings to allow for an automatic assignment). Is this something I can fix on my own or do I have to call the ISP and maybe get the modem replaced? Or is it easy enough they can diagnose over the phone? Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Modem and airport express won't automatically assign IP addresses

FIRST, make sure your firewall allows port 67 & 68 access both ways.

What system is this? and are you running the Windows FW or some 3rd party?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-and-airport-express-wont-automatically-assign-ip-addresses.150737/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all - brand new to the site and not tech savvy- but like to fix things myself. I've recently purchased an Apple Airport Express wireless router for my home. Comcast is our provider running through an Arris model TM602G/CT modem. We have 3 computers connected (1 desktop, 2 laptops). The desktop and Dell laptop work perfectly, but the Toshiba Satellite A215-55837 running Windows Vista Home says it is connected to the airport with excellent signal strength, but will not connect to any website, trying to use Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. Message 'Website page not available'. Any ideas why I can't get to the Internet and solutions to get there? Thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

I didn't know where to put this question since I didn't see a catagory for routers. My wife has a Macbook and I have a PC with windows xp. Both are connected to the internet via and Apple Airport Extreme Wireless router. I'm careful about where I go on the internet but she isn't so cautious. On top of that she has friends that send her CRAP all the time, chain letter style emails, links to stuff like check this out and on and on. Am I at any risk for infection thru the Airport Extreme router since we share that? If so what can I do to protect myself?
Thanks for any help!

A:Apple Airport router sharing infections with windows xp pc?

You as a mac user are very well protected against anything she could get infected with, she is very well at risk as for you you are fine. You should make sure your wifes laptop has an antivirus on it and an anti spyware program. (find links in my Signature). I will see that this will be moved to the appropriate forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/354093/apple-airport-router-sharing-infections-with-windows-xp-pc/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have an issue with using my Apple Airport and Apple (and Express iPhone between PC to Connection dropped PC) Airport Express that is driving me nuts I use my Airport Express to wirelessly play music to my receiver I don t use it to extend the network or any of those other Connection dropped between PC and Apple Airport Express (and iPhone to PC) uses For two years everything worked fine between my Windows PC and my Apple Airport Express My computer could play songs to Connection dropped between PC and Apple Airport Express (and iPhone to PC) my Airport Express wirelessly and I could load the Remote app on my iPhone and control the songs that iTunes would play on my computer Four months ago the computer stopped quot seeing quot the Airport Express and my iPhone could no longer locate the iTunes library on the computer All the meanwhile my spare laptop which I was just using for testing of this issue as it s too old and slow for my music use could operate just fine with the Airport and iPhone with Remote I picked up a new PC to replace the aging one and figured it would also fix my music issues as well Well it only fixed it in a very temporary and frustrating way Now when the PC loads up it sees the Airport Express and I can use Remote on my iPhone and I can play music across the network with it all just like I should be able to Then anywhere from minutes to several hours later it all stops working The Airport Express option on iTunes goes grayed out The Airport Utility program can no longer find the Airport Express My iPhone can no longer find my iTunes library with Remote But if I reset the computer it all works perfectly again until it randomly fails whenever it feels like it It never continues to work for more than a few hours Through all this if I load up my old laptop it works fine So to me it s not like the Aiport Express is quot going down quot Also the Airport Express has nothing to do with my iPhone and the Remote app finding my iTunes library on the PC so the fact that BOTH of these things stop working concurrently makes me think it s something to do with the PC or the PC connection to my network FYI it seems to make no difference whether my PC is connected with a CAT or with the built in wireless My old PC and this new one both have Norton but I ve tried disabling everything and I don t see a difference Maybe I need to dig into this more but it s strange that Norton would let it all work for a while at first then stop it Another fact leading me to believe the Airport Express is fine is that my iPhone has apps like Pandora and Songza that can play music either through the iPhone itself or send it to the Airport Express I am ALWAYS able to select the Aiport Express It is never quot down quot or not selectable New PC is Windows with Norton installed Network is through FiOS and their Actiontec router Let me know if you need any other info or testing Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Connection dropped between PC and Apple Airport Express (and iPhone to PC)

FYI I tried disabling Norton Smart Firewall and all the intrusion prevention, and also Windows Firewall. The problem still occurred. Any ideas??

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-dropped-between-pc-and-apple-airport-express-and-iphone-to-pc.1079360/