Windows Support Forum

vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

Q: vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

Hi,

I recently changed my ASUS wifi to an Apple Airport Extreme (tower).
Configured it, everything worked well - Except for my vstarcam.

It somehow doesn't get an IP over the wifi.

I tried hooking it up via the ethernet and it did get an IP, in fact it worked
perfectly as I was able to receive the video through my iPhone (this after I setup
the port forwarding and the port 81). I disconnected to the home wireless and
jumped to telco's 4G and it still is working nicely.

Can anyone shed a light on how I can have this vstarcam work via wifi?
Just a note, this was working perfectly on ASUS via wifi.

cheers,
GaryS>

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: vstarcam + airport extreme (tower)

UPDATE:

I mentioned in my post (above) that;

"After setting the port forwarding and the setting port 81, that I managed to make the camera work".

I think that statement is not exactly accurate! I have 3 vstarcam, and after I posted the item above, I went and fiddle with the other camera, connected it directly via ethernet to the base station. It was to my surprise that without doing anything on the configuration (and I was still on 4G), to my surprise, I was able to receive the broadcast!

I deleted the port forwarding that I setup initially just incase the the second IP cam has been assigned with the same IP address. It still worked!

So now, I can do away with port forwarding and just settle the issue of these cams to receive their wireless IP addresses.

cheers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vstarcam-airport-extreme-tower.1154329/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello I am new to building the pcs so I am afraid I may have fried mine I really am pry I did not but this is what happened I finish tower Power will not work button My the pc and My tower Power button will not work when I turned on the power supply the power button on the motherboard glowed so then I pressed my tower button and nothing worked so then I re setup he F PANEL cords u know the pwr switch and all that jazz turns out it was set up wrong so I put them in right and tried to turn on the computer again the power button on the motherboard turns on but not my towers power button and so my pc will not officially turn on I am guessing and I am worried that I may have fryed my pc because when I took out the f panlle cords I realized my pc was still on and turned it off immanently and I am afraid that may have fryed the motherboard if anyone can help me it would be wonderful I am freaking out and have no Idea what the problem thank you for reading P S My tower button does not making a clicking sound when you push it I am not sure if that normal or it is broken or somthing it just doesnt make any click sounds nbsp

A:My tower Power button will not work

You could have a defective power switch on the PC case. Test this by using the reset switch as a temporary power switch. The power switch and the reset switch are the same for practical purposes except, of course, the size of the button (on most cases). If the reset switch works and is able to start the PC, then you know the power switch is defective.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-tower-power-button-will-not-work.203422/
Relevancy 33.54%

Asus announced a bevy of new products earlier today at Computex but one thing you might have missed is this transforming desktop PC chassis. Crafted with help from In Win, this unique convertible case from Asus' ROG division takes the...

Read more

A:Asus ROG, In Win show off practical transforming PC tower at Computex

"Practical" is debatable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rog-in-win-show-off-practical-transforming-pc-tower-at-computex.213595/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I have some serious issues with my internet As you can read in the title my ping and therefore my connection is fluctuating You d probably think extreme would be between - but mine is more like - I m using ping in fluctuations Extreme the quot ping -t google com quot command in cmd to check my average ping to see whenever it spikes I should probably tell you something about my situation here because it isn t ideal I m in a shared house because I m in university now I have Extreme fluctuations in ping a total of housemates although they have completely seperate living area s We all share the internet connection though but I don t think they re the issue The thing is my ping fluctuates heavily between and ping with large periods of time when it just says quot request timed out quot because there s no connection at all At first I thought it was my housemates who were just constantly downloading but I ruled that out because it remained throughout the weekend when they weren t even here The only moments I did have complete access to the internet with normal ping - was in the very early morning and the late evening I also figured that even the most intense of downloading wouldn t completely shutdown the internet for everyone else for like hours straight That s when I contacted the house owner about it They told me they ve had problems with slow or on off internet before and that I should just reset the router and modem I would ve done that sooner but I didn t have access before Now I do so I did just that and it removed the spikes that caused complete loss of internet Instead it now fluctuates between - There s one thing though I can t seem to connect to the router s webpage as in I can t even find where it s at It s a Netgear Rangemax Wireless Router so if someone know s how to connect to it please do tell I ve tried quot routerlogin net quot quot routerlogin com quot my default gateway and I m a pretty avid gamer so these kind of pings aren t exactly acceptable to me I d like to know what is going on and what can be causing this Any help with solving this problem is more than welcome Added is a snapshot from the cmd ping history Maybe this will tell you more enough Thanks in advance Marty nbsp

A:Extreme fluctuations in ping

If you use tracert 74.125.132.138, then

the first line of the output will be your local router
and the second will be your ISP gateway.
assuming you're on windows, get the command prompt and enter
pathping -n 74.125.132.138

it will tell you how long it will take to complete - - WAIT FOR IT.

the results will show you the time from one node to another for every node between you and the target.

If the large variations are on line one or two, then it's the equipment at your residence.
Anything else, it is beyond your control.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-fluctuations-in-ping.185474/
Relevancy 29.24%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 32.68%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bought the following brand new at Best Buy on and trying to get setup Lenovo K e desktop tower keyboard and mouse LG MP HQ monitor MS Office key code Webroot internet security disc After connecting everything according to the instruction of both the Lenovo and LG instructions double amp triple checking all parts accounted for and connected properly here s what happened Lenovo tower up turn Monitor tower, hooked on doesn't to but boots up fine disc drive in tower opens and closes properly Lenovo keyboard and mouse both detected Great so far except LG monitor does not turn on at all In the back of the monitor two things are connected blue HDMI connector with pins on both sides is connected to HDMI connection in back of tower AC DC adapter plugged into electrical outlet and other end directly into monitor Everything works when power booted up except monitor shows no life - no light indicator and black screen Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on Monitor just doesn t turn on at all There are driver discs for both lenovo win and the LG monitor and like I said I can insert them into the tower and close but nothing happens on the monitor display Best Buy said it should be no issue using the LG monitor with the Lenovo PC tower They will charge me to come out to my home even though I bought two year Geek Squad plan They also said I would still get charged even if they were unable to get Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on me setup Seems like there is one probably really easy fix but I don t want to pay to have them come out if I get charged regardless of the outcome Anyone out there with any idea what could be preventing the monitor from powering up other than Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on it s bad which is unlikely as it was brand new sealed in the box Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor hooked up to tower, but doesn't turn on

If no standby LED on monitor, is there a separate on/off switch on the side of the monitor?
With LG there are usually manual buttons for CH+- & vol +- plus On/Off (although I have seen monitors with no on/off at all.)
Also check for 'hidden' buttons on the front lower edge of frame or under the front (right) edge.
I would try a different mains lead/cord that is known to to work, also check for a fuse in the plug, could be missing, or isolated with plastic foil.
Even with no inputs the monitor would show a 'No Signal' sign if it was working.
If no 'standby' LED and you have a separate AC to DC adapter block then that could be the problem. All monitors I've seen have a direct AC connection though.
If it then does work, the on-screen menu will need to be selected, and 'input' changed to HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-hooked-up-to-tower-but-doesnt-turn-on.204715/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey there,

I've been playing crysis 3 a lot lately and it usually run's my GPU temp around 65-70 degree's ( MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB TWIN FROZR ) I know the card is suppose to run up to 80 degree's no problem but I was just wondering if I played at these higher temps for 3-5 hours at a time. Would that be to much stress in terms of heat on the GPU ??
I have the Corsair 230T Windowed-BLUE ATX Mid Tower Case> I have just the stock fans in it and I was looking to add more. I was just wondering if people have preference over tower fans ? if so what are some good ones and why ?

A:GPU Temps and Tower Fans

Even 85C for extended periods is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-temps-and-tower-fans.204260/
Relevancy 34.83%

A few years back I was talking with a friend about dust bunnies in a tower & how to keep them out.
I had a somewhat odd idea of using a case covering somewhat like a pillow case to do such. It gets dirty,take it off & put another one on. Much like an air filter in a car. Does that sound ridicules or not?? Just curious.

A:Keeping dust out of a tower

Might keep 80% of the dust out, but not all would be stopped. Could also get in the way of case cooling, by entrapping heat insde.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keeping-dust-out-of-a-tower.203506/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hey guys, I wanna buy one of those cards for my i5 3570k and I couldn't decide on which to buy. I want to OC some also so I be happy if u help me to decide.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/compare.asp?SelectedModel=Z77 Extreme3&SelectedModel=Z77 Pro3

A:Asrock z77 Extreme 3 vs Asrock z77 Pro 3

Those are not "cards", they are motherboards. GPUs are referred to as "cards". The extreme 3 is more gamer oriented because it allows for a 2nd GPU to be inserted. The Pro 3 uses different capacitors I think. The Pro 3 has the consumer/professional in mind and the Extreme 3 has the gamer in mind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-z77-extreme-3-vs-asrock-z77-pro-3.194738/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi all I m looking to buy a new motherboard sometime this week I m looking to upgrade from a MSI Z A-GD motherboard Extreme Asus GA-Z77X-UP7? Gigabyte Maximus or V to a more powerful overclocking board I am currently Running a i k ghz and Xfx Black Asus Maximus V Extreme or Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7? Edition Crossfired I m trying to pick from either Asus Maximus V Extreme or Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7? the Asus Maximus V Extreme board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E or the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UP board http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E the reason I m switching motherboard is because currently I m buying my parts for my full water cooling loop so I want to get a new board in the case before I install and fill the loop and I plan on upgrading to a rd graphic card and I want to easily be able to overclock the whole system Any Opinions be great I am just looking for a Z Platform Socket motherboard I m not upgrading my processor yet with way CFX and SLI support also which BIOS do you prefer better Asus or Gigabyte Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Asus Maximus V Extreme or Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7?

Neither, I don't think it's wise to spend $350+ on what is now a legacy socket for a few extra Mhz. If you really need the extra CPU power you should save up for Ivy Bridge E (or get a 3770K), and if you're just gaming the 3570K at 4.2Ghz is more than enough.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-maximus-v-extreme-or-gigabyte-ga-z77x-up7.195596/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi To get straight to the point I m having issues Extreme in FPS-drops games with fps in games I ve had this for some time now and I m not sure what started it After about a week of having this issue I decided to format my computer to see if that fixed the problem The problem persisted and It s getting increasingly annoying because it makes certain games almost impossible to play Games in which I have this issue until now League of Legends most important for me somewhat rare but I dip as low as fps Battlefield I m sure this is not hardware related because weeks ago I ran it - fps on high Dipping to - fps which is severely impairing in a game like this War Inc Battlezone the problem manifests itself most clearly in this game because it has an fps-display that shows when you get below I m having it like once Extreme FPS-drops in games every min Drops to about - Minecraft very rare but it does happen sometimes I go from v-synced fps to Above are all the games I ve installed and play currently so I don t know if I have it in others But the fact that I m having the problem in ALL currently installed games says enough for me to know there s a problem What have I tried to fix this problem I ve updated and installed all of the latest drivers for my hardware I Extreme FPS-drops in games also checked if any of those drivers any of my hardware were incompattible in some way I ve messed around with the settings in Catalyst Control Center as suggested on a forum Extreme FPS-drops in games about people having this problem nothing helped nothing changed I ve tried turning every other relevant software off to eliminate any imcompatibilities and other issues I ve tried turning video-settings to low or off in games mostly apparent in Battlefield While that upped my regular fps it did nothing to my fps during a drop After trying all the above things I went and checked which was the weakest part in my setup and I concluded it was my RAM memory being only DDR Fatal ty DDR Although it is the fastest gaming-quality DDR type it was still the weakest link My next step was to ask my friend with a beast-setup what his RAM-occupancy was during some of the above games All the games except War Inc because he doens t play that took up the same or even more percentage of his RAM memory Overall conclusion I don t know enough about RAM memory to say if that is the cause yes or no Also I m fairly confident that it is not a hardware-related issue because I have the same problems in games like Minecraft and War Inc both of which are absolutely not RAM-intensive Any help or suggestion is welcome and if anymore info is needed to fix the problem I d be more than happy to provide it Thanks in advance Marty nbsp

A:Extreme FPS-drops in games

to just be right it may no talways be your Ram the problem it may be dust problems from your computer were do u keep the desktop and when was the last time u actualy tried to clean the case ect?

btw 4 gig ram is always recommended for games to play at the best performance

Edit:One more thing list down your specs of the computer please would help more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-fps-drops-in-games.181593/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello everyone! I need your expert advice... I am planning to get a new motherboard as I am currently using my old MSI since 3 years I thought of replacing it to be updated on whats kicking new...purposely for my gaming! =)

I like it when it focuses on audio quality so you can feel more how you get into the action specially playing "crysis" clear graphics would be second and mostly I wanna consider by this time taht it could be power saving energy as I wanna pay less for my Electric Bill. lol

I am having AMD A10-5700 with 4GB Ram with clock speed of 3400 mhz. my budget will be
150-250$?

anybody who can share their thoughts? so I can decide soon! many thanks!

A:Z77x Hi-Fi Biostar? and/or Asrock extreme 4 Z77?

Both of those motherboards require an Intel socket 1155 processor so if you want to use an AMD processor, you'll have to choose something else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/z77x-hi-fi-biostar-and-or-asrock-extreme-4-z77.193509/
Relevancy 33.97%

First of all my specs:
Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10GHz
Memory 8GB , Corsair
GeForce 9800 GT
Windows 7 x64

I've had my computer for a couple years. I built it myself. I've had no "major" issues until this. I am a gamer and have never had issues running any game with my current system. Now all of a sudden I go from playing something like World of Warcraft 30-60 fps (ranging from idle to 25 man raiding) with moderate to high graphics settings. Now my fps is dropping to 5 fps with lowest settings and while just standing around. This isn't constant, its intermittent. So I can't tell exactly what the issue it. I recently did a reformat of my Hard Drive so everything is fresh. The problem started shortly after doing this. All drivers are up to day as well.

A:Extreme FPS drop

Download the latest driver from here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/62791. Chose the "Custom Install" option. Then check the box that says "Clean Install". Proceed with the installation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-fps-drop.193351/
Relevancy 35.26%

On my W7 tower, I've been seeing a WI FI icon
but assumed it just meant I could use a usb wi fi device on it which I have done. Well, today curiosity got the best of me & I pulled the DSL out of the back & it totally amazed me to know I was still online, no usb.
How long have towers been like laptops, come wi fi enabled?

A:Wi-Fi-enabled tower?

A tower can have wifi "enabled" if it has a wifi card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wi-fi-enabled-tower.188891/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I m a new member I recently decided to build my first PC Parts were Asrock Z Extreme MoBo Intel i K - LGA DDR Single stick GB G-Skill GeForce GTX GD OC Seagate Barracuder SATA TB w PSU Now for the problem - BIOS error Extreme update Z77 4 Asrock I installed everything correctly and got to POST so I decided to follow most Internet forum instructions to update my BIOS so I did so over the Internet flash update from the AsRock BIOS setup The problems arose after trying to update it via the Internet Now the motherboard won t even get to POST or show any signs or working Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error on a monitor the fans for ten graphics card CPU and chassis all work the PSU is working fine But the Dr Debug is showing the status code which states in the description is that it is quot not used quot I don t know what to do iv taken out the graphics card and tried still the same disconnected everything except the socket and all pins are fine on the PCIe slots and RAM Any help would be appreciated ps I have a spare Gigabyte gt GB hanging round and was wondering if I can get the MoBo to work will it be worth sticking the in with the for any improvements however slight until I can afford another for SLI nbsp

A:Asrock Extreme 4 Z77 - BIOS update error

"Now the motherboard won't even get to POST or show any signs or working on a monitor" You might be able to get the motherboard to respond by removing the battery for a few minutes. If not, the motherboard may need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-4-z77-bios-update-error.188524/
Relevancy 34.4%

This is confusing to me. Anytime I've been on a laptop in my apt. I have no problem getting a good or very good signal on it, yet using the same Belkin USB device on my tower in the same exact place, low or less than good connection.
The router is on the first floor, I'm on the 2nd floor & a few walls are in between . Why?
I'm thinking of having the router moved, a booster used or relocationg the router.
I'm currently on DSL . Wi-fi is just an option.TIA

A:Laptop Wi-Fi good connection but not tower?

The router should be on the second floor above most of the equipment that it is actually connected to it for the best possible signal strength. I'd guess you're having a driver issue between the different computers, but you're probably gonna tell me that both computers are Windows 7 and have the same driver or something like that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wi-fi-good-connection-but-not-tower.186134/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I have this problem: I have this new graphic card for my tower PC and I was wondering could I combine my laptop and my tower motherboard so that I can use the graphic card on my laptop?
Or is there another way to use it with my laptop (maybe a adapter or something?)

Relevancy 33.54%

Nvidia P356 Quadro FX4600 graphics card - 768MB GDDR3 PCI-Express x16 dual DVI out thank you all

A:Wondering if this will work in my Dell Optiplex GX 280 tower-style PC

As long as you have a PCI express socket on the motherboard, that card will work. You may need a power cable adapter to be able to connect the card to the power supply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wondering-if-this-will-work-in-my-dell-optiplex-gx-280-tower-style-pc.179573/
Relevancy 31.82%

I just built my first PC last week and things have been fine for the most part A few little problems here and there though This might be a little long-winded but I would rather give as ASRock Extreme 3 BIOS can't Computer though. boots fine Gen -- 3 anymore. access many details as possible My problem started ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. with finally organizing my cables and peripherals I plugged in my external hard drives different Seagate drives into rear USB ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. connectors ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though. and when I booted up my computer kept going straight to BIOS without me touching any buttons I would try to exit BIOS and start windows but I would keep looping back to BIOS everytime When I unplugged them before I booted up my pc would be fine I could also access the data on the drives when I plugged them in after the boot I posted somewhere else about my issues and someone recommended disabling my usb and usb legacy support They also recommended updating my BIOS if it wasn t up to date Sure enough I went into my BIOS and my version was newest version is While I was in BIOS I disabled my USB and USB legacy support Saved and exited and my computer booted up I downloaded the windows option for BIOS and tried to run it but I kept getting quot Error Firmware does not have flash AFUWINGUI support quot So one question would be is this error a big deal I m not going to try to install it from windows so I feel like it won t matter After doing a little research I now see many people recommending not to do a windows installation of BIOS I should be flashing it with a USB drive I downloaded the flash version and put it on a USB thumb drive in FAT format like ASRock suggested When I turned on my computer I attemped to enter the BIOS by tapping F Windows ended up starting without going to BIOS I tried this several times as well as F F F and DEL but nothing seemed to get me into my BIOS So this is where I stand now I can t access my BIOS and my PC automatically boots to Windows even with my USB stick in I have a feeling it has something to do with the USB Legacy Support I disabled but I also don t know how to enable it without going into my BIOS Core i - ASRock Extreme Gen Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR - Corsair Force Series GB quot SSD Sapphire Radeon HD GB Corsair Enthusiast Series TX V W Windows Ultimate SP Microsoft Sidewinder X keyboard Logitech Anywhere Wireless Mouse nbsp

A:ASRock Extreme 3 Gen 3 -- can't access BIOS anymore. Computer boots fine though.

Is your keyboard USB or PS/2? Normally a USB keyboard will not work before booting until you've enabled it in BIOS already. So basically you need to use an older keyboard (or an adapter) the first time, and then enable USB in the BIOS to use your USB keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asrock-extreme-3-gen-3-cant-access-bios-anymore-computer-boots-fine-though.176744/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello Techspot-folks,

I am looking for a soundcard that is within 100 dollars/euro, I currently own a 2.1 speaker set Logitech Z-2300 and I am looking for a soundcard that will bring me even better sound but isn't all too expensive and does not have to have unneeded functions such as support for 5.1/7.1 when I'm most likely not going to upgrade to in the near future due to spacing-problems.

I currently have an onboard Realtek HD Audio inside.

I have read mixed reviews, some say keep my onboard and others say buy a PCIe one, so not really sure what to do.
Thanks a lot!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ex-58-extreme-compatible-pcie-sound-card.176399/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi all im looking at building a tower for general use and gaming as cheap as possible and best place to buy parts mainly what u reccomend i get please help

A:Help on building new tower

hmmm anyone please

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-building-new-tower.175355/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just put together my new computer for the first time successfully Now I am wondering what to do with my old one Its still operating however it is approx years old running on an Intel Pentium I m old my not? scavenge tower To or not sure what components it has atm but I am wondering if I should look to see if anything it has is worth adding or installing in my new build My current tower has To scavenge my old tower or not? the following and my old tower had both a cd burner and a dvd burner plus some additional RAM i added but it probably isn t compatible I also know To scavenge my old tower or not? it was running a Radeon Sapphire gfx card Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:To scavenge my old tower or not?

Somewhere there is a young and budding computer tech who would love to have that, and improve upon it, if the price is right.

Otherwise, it is always helpful to have a computer in reserve for when things do not go right. on the new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/to-scavenge-my-old-tower-or-not.175341/
Relevancy 33.97%

I might be building a new computer soon I am wondering if these parts will go well together Motherboard BIOSTAR H ML LGA Intel H Micro ATX Intel Motherboard tower LIAN LI PC-A NB Black Aluminum ATX Mini Tower Computer Case Video card EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -RX GeForce GTS Fermi GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Memory CORSAIR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMV GX M A C monitor Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m x Power Supply Hanns-G HW- ABB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor cd m Processor Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost x KB L Cache MB L Cache LGA W computer witth a Building mini-ATX tower a Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I If any part in here is not compatible please tell me and point me in the direction of a compatible part if you can I do need the tower everything else can be changed Thank you very much and have a nice day nbsp

A:Building a computer witth a mini-ATX tower

Typo: you listed the monitor twice, once under PSU, Otherwise those parts look fine however even though it is a minitower due to the front mounted power supply that case will support a full ATX motherboard. I would personally recommend a Full ATX motherboard since they offer much more expansion. This is a good option and only costs slightly more, Although If you go with something like this you will get SATA 6gbps, USB 3.0, more memory slots, and a faster chipset.

Also Biostar motherboards are ok but far from the best try to look for boards from Gigabyte, ASUS, or MSI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-witth-a-mini-atx-tower.170466/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys, I recently bought an old HP OEM computer (a 'dc7700', I think) off eBay. It's one of those towers that is placed horizontally, and it's quite thin. I was planning on using it as an HTPC but it lags when trying to watch HD movies, so I think I'm going to buy some really low-end graphics card.

I was looking at this one (I'm in Australia and it's either eBay or local IT shops):

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Asus-ATi..._Components&hash=item19c5f77a3f#ht_1134wt_936

I'm wondering, will this fit in the tower? Do I need to specifically look for a low-profile graphics card? Thanks in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-a-small-tower.167278/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am going to build the Luxury system in TechSpot's PC buying guide. I decided to change the GTX 570s with GTX580s in 3-Way SLI. This means I also have to change the power supply unit. Has the Corsair AX 1200w got enough connectors and power to run the entire system? Or can you suggest a better PSU?f

A:Building a new extreme gaming PC

That power supply has six 6+2 pin PCI-E cables and will provide more than enough power for your build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-extreme-gaming-pc.164747/
Relevancy 33.54%

It appears that during a storm, my tower was damaged, affected, whatever. The tower will not turn on. However, the green light on the back below the electrical plug flashes when plugged up. I have tried making sure that the on off swich is making contact, and I plan to unplug all the electrical plugs that could have been affected and then seeing if it works, and plugging them back in one by one to see if one of them were damaged. I have been told that there is a fuse that could have been blown but I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?

I have also made sure that the surge protector has been reset, the outlet is fine, etc.

A:Storm surge on my HP mn1160 media center tower

I cannot find a mention of one nor placement of one on the mother board. Is there a fuse?Click to expand...

internal to the PSU and nothing you would recognize if you saw it.
A good friend had this very same experience and we had to replace the PSU and all was just fine. Having suffered once, the user quickly added a UPS to the setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/storm-surge-on-my-hp-mn1160-media-center-tower.160003/
Relevancy 33.97%

can any 1 help? ive tryed 2 put my external hardrive in2 my tower as it stopped working,and have it as 2nd hard drive ,i have connected it properly but the tower cant seem 2 find it?

A:Installing an external hard drive in my tower

Are you saying you're trying to install external drives internally? So you removed them from their enclosures? Are these SATA or ATA/IDE drive? Does the BIOS see the drives? Which motherboard do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-an-external-hard-drive-in-my-tower.159771/
Relevancy 33.11%

So i had a intel mobo running a ghz prescot P with mb of L this unfortunetly became my main gaming system since my dual core AMd s board PCI-e slot became defunc Well this sytem was decent once i put my GSO in it could play pretty much anything i threw at it I saw the opportunity to use this with some cheap upgrades for the next few months and save up and move ontto a quad core SLI d system I found a a Pentium EE in ebay for like its the socket Gallitain core better then prescott core version other then slower bus ghz fsb kb L mb L respectivaly but in dmark it score lower than the previous prescott core the prescott scored the EE scored and has not gone above in over tests the Sm and SM scores are a lot higher both higher by about points and so 4 3DMark06 Pentium score Extreme odd Edition is the dmark score one was for the prescott the EE scored this EE should be at least over the mark in my mind Pentium 4 Extreme Edition odd 3DMark06 score on the CPU score it does so much better in TDU single threaded game then the prescott did i am sorely confused nbsp

A:Pentium 4 Extreme Edition odd 3DMark06 score

I'm a bit surprised it runs in that board at all. I guess this is an early EE, still a 32 bit CPU...(?) The 915 chipset is only 32 bits, with a FSB, (max) of 800Mhz. The Matx variant, "915GAG", only had a FSB of 533Mhz.. I think that some Pent EEs have a 1066FSB. Could this be giving you trouble?

The later, (EOL) "Cedar Mill" cores, (Celeron or P-4), are 64 bit, (EMT instruction), and it's plainly stated that they won't run in 32 bit hardware.

I don't believe that the 915 boards support "hyperthreading" either.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-4-extreme-edition-odd-3dmark06-score.158993/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys, i'm new to the forum and was wondering where i should ask fom a price check on my pc?
Thank you!

P.s.
here are the specs if you could just answer here.

Intel i7 965 extreme
2 hd 4870s
6gb Kingston hyperx
1600 ram
Antec twelve hundred case
1 killawatt Antec psu
Intel dx58s0
300gb rapitor 10k drive
2 40gb intel ssds
1tb wd harddrive

Thank you for your time!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/price-check-on-a-system-with-intel-i7-965-extreme-dual-radeon-hd-4870s.156707/
Relevancy 33.11%

I recently purchased am Asus Rampage III Extreme mobo for my first enthusiast build in several years, and I have some questions about which memory its compatible with.

On newegg, the specifications state that these frequencies will work: DDR3 2200(O.C.) / 2133(O.C.) / 2000(O.C.) / 1800(O.C.) / 1600 / 1333 / 1066.

Does that mean that I can put DDR2200 memory in that mobo, or that I can overclock DDR1600 up to 1800, 2000, 2133, or 2200?

Thanks for your help!

A:Asus Rampage III Extreme memory compatibility

The overclock RAM bandwidth is dependant upon overclocking the CPU for the most part since CPU and RAM frequency are linked by fixed divider ratio's. Overclocking RAM is usually a by-product of overclocking the CPU.
If you are looking to get the RAM to DDR3-1866+ speeds you should be looking for a faster kit. DDR3-1600 in general will not reach past 1900 for the most part*- if it did then it would be sold as a faster kit.
Buying a DDR3-2000 kit (for example) gives supposed headroom for overclocking, plus has the standard JEDEC RAM profiles embedded within it (DDR3-1066, -1333, -1600) for operating with a non-overclocked CPU. This range of utilisation (along with the higher speed bin) is why faster kits sell for a premium.

* This is assuming the RAM is not over-volted. While the Core i7/i5 CPU's have a maximum memory voltage of 1.875v ( Intel spec pdf Table 2-6, pg.22), I believe any CPU damage that occurs using a voltage over Intel's 1.65v recommendation is not covered by warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-iii-extreme-memory-compatibility.151686/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have owned my Laptop for problem laptop Extreme around two years and now I have had a few minor problems that added together with the very recent big problem Extreme laptop problem have made it very Extreme laptop problem hard for me First some keys stopped working which I could live with because I have and extra keyboard then the mouse scroll stopped working and the left clicker got stuck and broke Not working keys CTRL t T y Y f - LEFT I also have an extra mouse so that didn t bother me Then I went to my dads for the weekend came back and the screen wouldn t work When I turn it on the fan comes on and the normal lights except the screen I do not hear the windows sound of starting either I have and HDMI cable and plugged Extreme laptop problem it into the Laptop and my TV but nothing is displayed when I go to the HDMI channel My HDMI channel is on Netflix and I made sure I had the plugs right The TV is an HDMI receiving TV because I have a new Laptop now and I plugged it in and it worked I also tried to plug the HDMI into both computers and that still didn t work I urgently need to get the data off of my old Laptop into the new one I have ways of getting this if I can log on to the old Laptop I have a good battery for it and it quot turns on quot but the screen just doesn t work There is no response to me pressing keys or the mouse the spare ones I own The disc holder opens still Some people say to replace some kind of card but I have no idea how to do this Customer service for the brand I own isn t that great Microsoft-Gateway M-Series-Pentium Dual Core-Model SA I have made no hardware modifications since it was bought for me I have virus and spy ware protection from Norton on it It is urgent that I obtain the information that is on the hard drive and I am at a loss to know what is wrong with it nbsp

A:Extreme laptop problem

...Bump DX...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-laptop-problem.148289/
Relevancy 32.68%

I finally decided to ditch my old Core Duo Processor Ghz and upgrade to a quad core My issue is that Core (SL9UL) Cooling Intel Extreme 2 QX6700 for my machine is about or years old now My mobo is the Intel DP LT and the my current cooling for my processor is the Freezer Pro I purchased the Intel Core Extreme Processor QX Quad Core I know I will need to update BIOS for the new CPU but I believe that is worth it While waiting for the new CPUs arrival I ve been researching if my current cooling system will be enough The Freezer Pro is a small fan with a small heat sink mm I believe All the Cooling for (SL9UL) Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 aftermarket fans I ve been looking at are mm and up Will these Cooling for (SL9UL) Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 be too big to fit in the holes already there for the push-in style heat sink amp and fan slot already in my cpu I need to find a heat sink and fan that will fit in the slot where my Freezer Pro has been I really appreciate your help and suggestions approve p s My new CPU won t be coming with heat sink or fan since I bought nd hand CPU Also I don t plan on overclocking the Ghz out of a Quad core will already feel like a ferarri compared to my old Dual Current System Specs Operating System Windows XP Home SP Mother Board Intel Model DP LT Cooling for (SL9UL) Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Chipset Intel P G Processor Intel Core Duo E Ghz this must go Memory GB DDR RAM Video Card NVidea GeForce GT w GB Memory nbsp

A:Cooling for (SL9UL) Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700

As long as the heatsink is made for a socket 775 CPU it will fit the mounting holes. IMO, if you are not planning to overclock, the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro is enough. If you decide to get a larger heatsink/fan anyway, most that are designed for a socket 775 should fit. Just make sure the larger heatsink/fan won't interfere with other components like side case fans or extra tall heatsinked RAM.

If this PC is for gaming, consider replacing the 9500GT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-for-sl9ul-intel-core-2-extreme-qx6700.150775/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi all,

The first computer I connect to the wireless works fine, but I have had to self-assign IP addresses for other computers/devices using the 10.0.1.x spectrum. I originally thought it was a problem with my airport express. However, my roommate recently tried to plug directly to the modem and his computer did not get an IP address (he changed his settings to allow for an automatic assignment). Is this something I can fix on my own or do I have to call the ISP and maybe get the modem replaced? Or is it easy enough they can diagnose over the phone? Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Modem and airport express won't automatically assign IP addresses

FIRST, make sure your firewall allows port 67 & 68 access both ways.

What system is this? and are you running the Windows FW or some 3rd party?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-and-airport-express-wont-automatically-assign-ip-addresses.150737/
Relevancy 33.54%

will an intel q6600 fit in a rampage iii extreme motherboard cpu socket?

ty

A:Intel Q6600 with Rampage III Extreme?

No. The Intel Q6600 is an LGA 775 whereas the board socket type is LGA 1366.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-q6600-with-rampage-iii-extreme.148866/
Relevancy 50.31%

hi, I am going to upgrade my graphic card to ATI 5770 so I need a new power supply which has power about 550--600 watt. But the most frustrating problem is that I failed to find a proper power supply with the correct dimension.
I have an HP pavilion e9300 which uses a very wired power supply tower-150mm(W) 86(H) 140(D). But so far all the PSUs I found is the standard size --150mm(W) 86(H) 150(D) which cannot fit in my setup.

So could any PC God give me some suggestion, please??
Is any PSU with the size of my tower or can I just simply install a bigger PSU which can still successfully power up the comptuer?

Thx in adance.

A:Power supply bigger than the tower - frustrated by HP PSU tower

If the power supply will physically fit your case, it should work fine with your computer. Will the extra 10mm interfere internally with anything inside the PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-bigger-than-the-tower-frustrated-by-hp-psu-tower.148841/
Relevancy 28.81%

Here s a thought I ve been searching high and low for an affordable laptop which has Awesome Graphics card not sure what - but something that could handle Crysis at high - quot screen with x res gb or more ddr mhz ram core i - qm or higher processor backlit keyboard HDMI long battery life etc etc So basically everything but at under I even bought a dell studio xps with the above specs and the price was real good with student discount but it had lots of problems so i had to return it Now that the problem is solved maybe dell dont offer that laptop in that configuration making the laptop around just due to from of customization laptops scratch Building laptops or extreme an increase in RAM gb instead of gb And since I am unsure of Building laptops from scratch or extreme customization of laptops the quality with dell or any other brand for Building laptops from scratch or extreme customization of laptops that matter I was wondering if there is any laptop out there that gives alienware m x performance for a smaller pricetag a discount coupon for the above would do hehe If not what about quot overhauling quot or quot Pimp My Laptop quot sorta stuff if you catch my drift You know customizing the laptop or even building it up from scratch I ve done some basic upgrades in the past RAM HDD bluetooth card etc but does anyone have any experience in upgrading graphics cards screens and CPU s Any experience or information about this is very welcome as finding the right laptop in the right price is sorta like the Holy Grail of laptops especially in NZ since US has many such companies that offer great custom laptops at a fraction of the price of big brands nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-laptops-from-scratch-or-extreme-customization-of-laptops.148617/
Relevancy 33.11%

My friend has ASUS Rampage III Extreme motherboard which supports 3-way CrossFire. He owns 2x HD 5970 GPU's. He asked me can he run 3 HD 5970's in CF without melting, and without PSU problems. I told him probably not, but im not pro so im asking you guys...

A:ASUS Rampage III Extreme 3-Way CrossFireX HD 5970

What PSU does he have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-rampage-iii-extreme-3-way-crossfirex-hd-5970.148473/
Relevancy 35.26%

Iv no idea how to find out the make or moduel of the fan One day last year it beggan to make strange noises rattling When i reset the pc tower PC fan noisy is it stopped I looked online recently and found it could be multiple reasons so i opend the pc took a good look inside removed the fan cleaned very single area of the fan put it back in ensuring nothing was damaged When i turn the pc on and im looking at the fan it seems to be working perfectly but with the noise If i run my finger along the smooth centre to slow it it makes no noise If i slow it down with the three speed button thing that hangs from the fan then it still makes a noise The fan has lie a suspension on it and when i press PC tower fan is noisy it in theres no noise when i let it go the noise rattles again I personally think that inside the fan right where the motor is spinning theres is a problem of dust or something but i can t be sertain I want my fan to make no noise but be on full speed as befour since im a heavy gamer and i work with music too What should i do If i want to buy a new fan how do i choose one that will fit into it s place My pc uses a fan for the power supply a fan for the cpu and a fan on the side of the tower What do i do if i want to add more fans to my pc tower nbsp

A:PC tower fan is noisy

To find a fan or a similar size, just measure the old one in mm and get the same size locally or online. Case fans are generally 80MM, 92mm or 120mm.

Adding fans where they are no holders or screw holes would require something as simple as twist or zip ties or actually modifying the case to accept more fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-tower-fan-is-noisy.147806/
Relevancy 24.94%

Which one is faster?

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 (3Ghz)

or

Intel Core i7 940 (2.93Ghz)

??

A:Intel core 2 extreme QX9650 or Intel Core i7 950?

http://www.behardware.com/articles/778-1/giant-roundup-146-intel-and-amd-processors.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-extreme-qx9650-or-intel-core-i7-950.145352/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi TechSpot Forums!

I own a Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower PC, and am seriously considering buying a graphics card for it.

My question to you is, which would best be compatible with my specs?

System Specs:

Dell Inc. OptiPlex GX280
Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4
2552 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
500.10 GB HDD

Current Video Card:

Name: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 128.00 MB
Current Display Mode: 1400 x 1050 (32 bit) (60GHz)

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor? That is partly the reason I will be purchasing one.

Thanks for any info or suggestions,

~ TomHax

A:Graphics card for Dell Optiplex GX280 Mini-Tower?

Does installing a graphics card mean you can achieve higher resolutions on your LCD monitor?Click to expand...

That depends on the maximum resolution supported by your monitor.

What's your main reason to purchase the card? What's your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-dell-optiplex-gx280-mini-tower.141617/
Relevancy 33.11%

My NEW core 2 Extreme Laptop (MEDION® AKOYA® X7810_MD 96668_High-End Gaming-Notebook)
599 Euros NEW With 24 Months Warantie

**I sold my Aspire 5739G Laptop because of 15" screen **

Here friends My New Intel core 2 Extreme Laptop....

Specs..!

Intel® Core? 2 Extreme Prozessor X7800 (2,6 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, FSB 800),

17" TFT WXGA WideScreen glare Display

3 GB RAM (DDR2, 667 MHz)

NVIDIA® GeForce® 8700M GT DirectX® 10 Grafik mit 512 MB GDDR3 RAM

320 GB HDD (SATA, 8 MB Cache, 5.400 U/Min)

8x Multinorm DVD-RW Laufwerk mit DVD-RAM und Dual-Layer

High Definition Audio (2 Lautsprecher und ein Subwoofer mit SRS WOW® Surround Sound Technology)

integr. 2 MP Webcam mit Mikrofon

SD Memory Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, MultiMediaCard.

Intel® Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN - Intel® Next Gen Wireless-N mit bis zu 300 Mbit/s

integr. Bluetooth® 2.0

Gbit Ethernet LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit/s)

integr. V.90 Modem

A:My new Core 2 Extreme Laptop *Gamer Edition*

Thanks for letting us see it. What country are you in?
Why a Medion?
What VISTA?
Why not Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-core-2-extreme-laptop-gamer-edition.138315/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi all

Recently i upgraded from my integrated geforce 7025 graphics to a 9600gt. Ever since i did this, SimCity 4 has been lagging extremely badly and is pretty much unplayble.

I know it is an old game but i would really like to play it again. The game ran flawlessly with no lag on my integrated graphics. All my other games however (Crysis, Cod4..) run perfectly fine.

Does anyone else here have SimCity 4 on a 9600GT? And is anyone else experiencing this problem? My driver version is 186.18.

These are my full system specs:

AMD Athlon x2 7750 2.7Ghz
Asus M2N68-AM Plus Motherboard
2GB DDR2-800 RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9600GT 512MB
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Final)

A:SimCity 4 extreme lag with 9600GT

First I would install the most recent graphics driver for your card. If that doesn't help, then I would change the compatibility mode to, say, Windows XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simcity-4-extreme-lag-with-9600gt.138155/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi i have GA-EP45T-EXTREME GIGABYTE mainboard and in hot days only i get damn bipping sound,, random bipping i look at main board same time when it bips 1 green light its the Temperature indicator led bottom one, so i read the user manual
it says (the green led lights up when the temperature is between 61-80c, if goes over 80c then lights up red.
I only get green witch is ok, but still drivers me mad with bipping sound. So i trun this off i cant play my games with this sound drives me nuts.

my system is

cpu intell E8500 duel core

GA-EP45T-EXTREME GIGABYTE

thermaltake 1200w

nothing is overclocked

4gb dd3 sdram corsair

4870x2 ati

A:Gigabyte Ga-ep45t Extreme

Reset the motherboards bios to failsafe defaults. What Operating System are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ga-ep45t-extreme.137811/
Relevancy 35.26%

im looking for the thermalright 120 i cant find it on newegg at all any help and the cheapest price would be nice

A:Where to buy a true tower 120?

Here you go:
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...k_-_Socket_LGA_1366_775_AM2_AM2_AM3_Xeon.html

though I believe the Prolimatech Megahelms often outperforms it, and it is the same price:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8...A_775_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3_SPECIAL_PRICE_HOT.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-buy-a-true-tower-120.135119/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi everyone I m new here and have read over some of the posts and stickies but have not found my issue I have a Dell Pentium R CPU GHz and GB RAM extra added tower - Dell monitor brightens/darkens 4550 overheating? by me I have never gotten any kind of Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? warning or message that my tower fan was not working properly For the last couple of weeks I have noticed my computer monitor brightening a lot and then darkening screen is still readable and then going back to normal This will happen anywhere from to times in a two hour period I have been Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? turning off the computer when not in use giving it a chance to cool down which I now realize was the worst thing to do Today when I went to fire it up for about the third time during the start-up Windows shut down quot to protect itself quot and gave me a blue screen message to turn off the computer and restart I did and have not had that issue again Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating? today I have placed a large fan behind the tower and the problem seems to have stopped for now which leads me to believe the problem is caused by overheating The tower casing was cleaned inside around months ago but was very dusty My questions Does this sound like a tower fan problem and how do I check that it is working properly Are there capacitors or something else I should be checking for heat damage and replacing I know I really just need a new computer but that won t be happening for a while so any help you could give me to keep this one sputtering along would be greatly appreciated Thanks much nbsp

A:Dell 4550 monitor brightens/darkens - tower overheating?

Hi Jeri, welcome to TS. I'm not sure specifically about the 4550, but I know most Dells will post a warning on boot if the fan isn't working properly. If you haven't seen the message, it's probably not the fan.

If you're up to it (which it sounds like you are if you upgraded the ram yourself), open it up and look if the fan is spinning while the computer's running and also while you're in there dust out the computer, especially the cpu cooler and video card heatsink. While cleaning it out, look at the capacitors on the motherboard and/or video card to make sure they aren't leaking or bulging. A cap should be flat on top, it should not be "pointy" or rounded on top or leaking from the top or bottom. I've seen bad caps on a 4550 before, close to the cpu socket (between the rear ports and cpu), so make sure to look to be sure. You may have to remove the green "air duct" to be able to see the caps on the board.

Also, are you sure the problem is with the computer and not the monitor? It almost sounds like you might be having a problem with the backlighting on the monitor (assuming it's an lcd). Any chance of testing the monitor on another computer to be sure?

I suppose there's always the possibility of a a failing power supply as well. Sometimes when a power supply is flaky (power fluctuations, noise, etc) it can cause weird issues like BSODs among other things. It's possible that your power supply fan could have failed, and if the power supply is overheating it could be acting up.

Best wishes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-4550-monitor-brightens-darkens-tower-overheating.132728/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi newbie here Extreme Problems with KV2 memory and ECS Wonder if someone could offer some advice on problems I am experiencing with my ECS KV Extreme Motherboard I ve been running my PC with x mb of DDR memory sticks in for Problems with memory and ECS KV2 Extreme a while now In an attempt to free up some memory slots to put more ram in I ve just purchased x Micron DDR gb DDR Sticks dual sided Ever since I have put these in Problems with memory and ECS KV2 Extreme the PC is very unstable According to the Micron Website and CPUID the memory has timings of - - - V please bear in mind that I don t understand these timing things this is just the information I have found My bios was set to handle the memory timings by default i e auto with a CAS latency timing reported of and the others at and i e - - - I ve set it to manual and enter the above figures but it s still unstable and keeps crashing I also can t set the voltage to V as per the micron website the lowest I have is V and the highest v in v increments I ve also noticed that if I install the ram into slots amp nearest the processor which I beleive is dual channel memory mode then it seems to crash a lot more than if I put one in slot nearest the CPU and in slot which I believe is single channel mode Although more stable in this mode it does still crash and my mb ATI Radeon x agp graphics card only reports mb of memory installed where as when I m running in dual channel mode all mb are reported Why is this I ve tried the memory in another PC witted with another manufacturers board in still socket and it works perfectly for hours without a single crash so I don t think it s bad memory I know there are potentially a number of things that could cause this probelm but do you think it s memory related with the old memory installed the crashes dissappear I m still running the original Bios that was shipped with the board last year do you think a bios update would help Sorry if this all appears gobbledegook but I don t really understand these timing things on memory Oh yes nearly forgot my PC spec ECS KV Extreme M B Athlon X barton core socket Western Digital gb PATA boot drive Western Digital gb SATA storage drive Pioneer DVR- Burner ATI Radeon mb AGPx GPU I m not overclocking anything the bios is set to run standard settings and there is plenty of cooling with CPU temps never exceeding C Any help in laymans terms very much appreciated nbsp

A:Problems with memory and ECS KV2 Extreme

Try installing one of the new RAM modules at a time. One then the other. Maybe one is defective or maybe they are just not compatible with your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-memory-and-ecs-kv2-extreme.124835/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have an eMachines T which I use as up boot Tower Need help. won't a file server I normally leave it running continuously but I inadvertently shut off the breaker to that room while replacing an electrical switch When I tried to restart the computer it won t go It s getting power The fan in the power supply runs but the hard drive doesn t seem to kick in The monitor displays the eMachine logo and says quot Bios information Need help. Tower won't boot up lt F gt quot Need help. Tower won't boot up which doesn t work When I restart the fans kick on but after a couple of seconds - just about long enough for the logo to display on the monitor - but then already the pitch or whine of the fans begins slowing down as it returns to it s resting mode I also tried putting a setup disk in the optical drive but although the drive spins it won t go into the boot mode so it s not looking at those drives I ve tried it more than a dozen times - completely cutting power powering it down and back on using the power button unplugging and plugging back in Nada Someone told me to replace the power supply but I thought I d check here to see if anyone has any experience with this problem Would appreciate any advice or tips Note I do routinely blow the dust out of the fans and from the case It stays very clean since it s in an unused room and it doesn t even get very dusty The company server at work gets a dust buildup like dryer lint about every two weeks but mine wouldn t get THAT dirty in a whole year if I didn t blow it out from time to time so I don t think dirt is an issue unless it s really deep inside the power supply nbsp

A:Need help. Tower won't boot up

Your eMachines is one of those with the infamous failing motherboard. The motherboard failure eventually causes the power supply to fail, and your symptoms are simlar to what we have seen a great number of times... well over 125 times, and we have a lot of failed eMachines in our barn awaiting resolution. Your hard drive, memory, cpu and heatsink are likely still good, and you can rescue the data. But it is possible your motherboard will not work properly again. You might borrow a power supply to test, but I would not waste money on one.
eMachines wants $179 plus shipping for the board, plus $75 for the power supply.

It could also be something as simple as a bad hard drive, and a replacement for $50 or $60 from Newegg, Directron, TigerDirect, Outpost, or ZipZoomfly will take care of it. You can probably still recover the data off the old drive by placing it in an external USB enclosure. Borrow or buy, you can always use another hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-tower-wont-boot-up.122938/
Relevancy 35.26%

Has anyone ever tried 2PSU's in one tower? I ask because I'd like just one to run my video card <ATI X800GTO> so I'd like to know if that's worthwhile since I have a few laying around that are not all that great. I know it's probably a stupid question, go easy on me.... ;>)

A:2 PSUs in one tower?

I've never heard of that being done. I don't know where you would get the room. I would recommend that you get a new Psu with greater wattage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2-psus-in-one-tower.122693/
Relevancy 32.25%

Well my Techspot friends I have a good one for you This just goes to show how a fool and their money will often be made to spend more and more and more Any ideas about a professional liquid cooling unit that will properly disperse heat from two GTX s in SLI and a Quad Core Extreme CPU The fool had gotten some ordinary tubes from Home Hardware or a generic store for & Liquid Multiple Core Quad 8800GTX Cooling Extreme not thermaltake s website and now there Liquid Cooling for Multiple 8800GTX & Quad Core Extreme are problems Liquid Cooling for Multiple 8800GTX & Quad Core Extreme with his system surprise surprise Example being the little pebble looking particles in both the basin for the coolant and the lines from the VGA water block out of the two other employees both of them are superiors to me one has had a cooling kit for longer than I have and my system has been on Liquid for over years no cleaning or flushing of the lines and ZERO problems So the question is as follows Anything powerful enough to take on the Two GTX s and the QCore Extreme CPU Nothing looks promising from Thermaltake s Website - Have yet to check Zalman and Cooler Master Thx Guys -Crack nbsp

A:Liquid Cooling for Multiple 8800GTX & Quad Core Extreme

Check Coolit's site. I purchased a freezone from them 2 years ago for a q6700, it ran well. I know they have newer modles that even cool gpus as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-cooling-for-multiple-8800gtx-quad-core-extreme.121019/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have an Ultra E-Torque ATX Mid-Tower Case I was wondering if any of you could give me some assistance I am having a problem connecting the front power and led to the mobo an XFX Although I am having problems connecting the cables I did manage to connect everything get the cpu and every thing to power up using the power button on the front panel This is the goal but the same power button isnt working properly to turn the machine off So Im thinking that I dont have the cables hooked up correctly to the mobo I did read on Tiger direct where I purchased the case in a recent review that the cables arent color coded correctly So connection has been a problem I would of contacted the person that posted that but there is no way to do so I am not knowledgeable enough about pcs Torque Tower E & Case Mobo XFX 8200 Ultra ATX Mid to figure this out with out possibly XFX 8200 Mobo & Ultra E Torque ATX Mid Tower Case causing massive damage because this is my first build XFX 8200 Mobo & Ultra E Torque ATX Mid Tower Case and I was wondering if you can give me some assistance in getting my machine powered up correctly I hope someone can aid me in my quest to get my machine running correctly Im running a duel vid card http www tigerdirect com applicat EdpNo amp csid ITD amp body MAIN detailspecs http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Thanks nbsp

A:XFX 8200 Mobo & Ultra E Torque ATX Mid Tower Case

I have the same case; the cables are actually pretty simple and can't really cause any kind of massive damage. Basically, your mobo's manual should have a diagram of where each front panel cable is attached to the pins on the motherboard. This includes the power switch, reset button, main LED, and Hard Disk LED. The cable heads and pins are usually labeled and it's just a matter of finding positive [+] and negative [-] connections. Again, your motherboard manual should have a diagram. You can really just screw around with the wires until everything works, the worst that could happen is that it doesn't...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-8200-mobo-ultra-e-torque-atx-mid-tower-case.116629/
Relevancy 33.11%

Intel Extreme Graphics XGA x support Hi im new here and i really have searched hard for many weeks to resolve this issue to no avail I will be very impressed if support? 2 XGA Extreme 1200x800 Graphics Intel someone can help Im having problems with intel gme graphics drivers Intel extreme graphics on my clevo M CW M W M W yrs old XGA x and dont know where to turn The basic driver that came with the computer regularily when i open a browser window or Intel Extreme Graphics 2 XGA 1200x800 support? video window the screen goes stripey grey Everything seems to be fine underneath as i can shut down with no problems but no screen until i reboot I installed the latest drivers and tried those inbetween to no avail and this seems to overcome this problem but there seems to be no support for XGA resolution The new driver says in display gt settings that monitor is digital flat monitor x but my screen is x XGA and there is no option to change that The only resolution that is usable is x which fits the screen but the text and icons are slightly distorted Ive searched all driver sites intel drivers and the give the same driver for the GM and GME Is there any other drivers i could possible use for this resolution or is there one i can t find Im running Phoenix NoteBIOS would an upgrade resolve this excuse my ignorance on this one i don t know much about BIOS upgrade and will have to read up There must be others with this model that have had similar issues over the past years Im running XP Pro with SP Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Intel Extreme Graphics 2 XGA 1200x800 support?

Have you thought about getting an add-on AGP or PCI HD ready video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-extreme-graphics-2-xga-1200x800-support.113680/
Relevancy 32.25%

I ve looked over all the posts and have found some similar problems to mine but nothing that quite exactly matches it So here goes with what has happened and hopefully someone can give me a solution The trouble began a few weeks ago when I had to begin powering recent slowdown issues hardware - gaming when Internet Extreme on off Extreme slowdown when Internet gaming - recent hardware issues my pc with the PS s power button The front button would no longer work No Extreme slowdown when Internet gaming - recent hardware issues problem until after a severe lightning storm the pc wouldn t power on at all I check the RAM tested voltages on the PS they all showed good but still nothing Finally I ordered a new motherboard and checked everything again Still no go so I requested a replacement chip from Intel which they shipped very quickly and for free and still nothing I then began the process over again and found two bad stick of RAM GB total leaving me now with GB So now I fire up the pc and am still having to do the following to get it booted Push the PS s power switch and then the power button on the front Again no problem as long as the pc works The onboard NIC would not work I check and see that it has no assigned MAC address So I assign one via a registry entry disable and then re-enable the card Now the NIC works I begin playing some games to test everything out TF - one player only Supreme Commander - local game and it works fine Then I begin playing others online and both games come to a crawl I do several speed tests and they show a download of Mbps and up I have no idea what could be causing this slowdown in the online games Could the power supply be causing this even though the voltages show normal but I m still having to use the PS power switch Should I do a fresh install of Windows I did not do this when I replaced any of the hardware - chip MB etc Could I have a bad NIC even though the speed test all show the same amount of data being passed Any help would be appreciated and I apologize for the long post but I wanted to provide as much detail as possible Thanks Wedgies nbsp

A:Extreme slowdown when Internet gaming - recent hardware issues

My only question is why you were using the hardware switch instead of Windows shutdown software?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-slowdown-when-internet-gaming-recent-hardware-issues.112295/
Relevancy 35.26%

hello. My sister pulled the power cable from the back of the tower while her computer was on, now when i turn it on, the fan is abnormally loud. No image to the monitor what-so-ever. is there a fix to this? thank you =]

A:Odd tower issue

Sounds like some stuff got fried. It could be your Mobo. Isolating your hardware might be a good idea in figuring out what got fried. Do you have another graphics that you could swap for the one presently installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-tower-issue.112025/
Relevancy 33.97%

For the past few months I ve been having quite a few memory related system slowdown Extreme issues My specs then where a ghz Dual core pentium D processor GB RAM Geforce GTX MB video card and a Watt Power supply Things where good then After that my dad went and bought gigs of memory which he couldn t use I took it off of him and for the remaining months that Extreme system slowdown I left it Extreme system slowdown in my computer I would get the occasional blue screen I removed the old RAM Most often I would get it while watching flash animation like Youtube but at other times it would just happen out of the blue I ran hardware diagnostics on all my components and everything came up clear So now about weeks ago I replaced the Gigs of memory with two gig sticks of corsair gaming memory Of course after that all the blue screening stopped but now if I have firefox up a flash program or simple minimizing the computer slows down dramastically If there is audio playing like my zune player it gets really sluggish I know the memory isn t bad but I can t quite tell what s causing this system slowdown Also I m using bit Windows XP knowing full well that bit only picks up gigs but I m keeping the extra for when I update Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Extreme system slowdown

Make sure that 3Gig Max installed only
Run CCleaner
Then a CheckDisk

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box, and then click Start. (tick)
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-system-slowdown.111642/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys if you've read my last thread you'll probably know that after i've changed my processor i had a load of problems. Firstly my comp won't boot up, it keeps coming up with a black screen with white cursor but then i fixed this by changing the ram slots. MY comp's been stable for the 1st 2 days after i've tried this then it started crashing randomly when i play games, about 20-60 minutes into the game. Sometimes i would get a black screen then the com would restart. Sometimes the game would freeze with looping sound and sometimes there will be a red line across the screen. The cpu's temp is at about 58 when my games crash, any ideas would be greatly appreciated ,thanks

A:Extreme System instability

Sounds like at least 1 bad ram module - download and run MemTest for about 6-8 passes. If it doesn't stay on long enough for that, remove 1 module and see if it holds - if that fails, switch modules.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-system-instability.107410/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi new to the forum hello everyone ok i just bought a cpu which have a spec like this Gigabyte S series GA-MA GM-S H AMD Athlon X gb kington ram i think coolermaster extreme overheating or Need advice with help average casing The temperature when the com is idle or doing some surfing is about to which is fine but the problem starts when i open programs like games The temperature then will shoot up to about degree and then shut down It originally have a fan as an exhuast at the back the psu fan and Need help or advice with extreme overheating the stock heat sink and stock heat sink fan I thought more fans would lower down the temperature of the cpu so i went to drill holes on the side window i add a blowing in fan slightly below the cpu a blowing in fan from in front and change the fan blowing out to a stronger fan old one was rpm i changed rpm and thinking it will work i open the game and guess wat the temperature didn t even have a noticable change in the speed where by it gain its temperature I didn t change the heatsink and heat sink fan rpm Can anyone advice me on wat is the problem here Many many thanks in advance nbsp

A:Need help or advice with extreme overheating

Case fans rarely help. There are many studies that show only 1 to 3 degrees difference in the temperature at the CPU.
Your problem likely relates to either too much or too little thermal paste, combined with a lousy stock CPU fan. I would immediately replace it with a Zalman or better CPU fan, being careful of the huge ones. Many will not fit in cases not designed for them. Replace the heat sink and the fan by getting a combo unit. Then remember that you need just barely enough thermal paste to ensure full contact between the heatsink and the CPU. More than the minimum can actually have the effect of an insulator.
Your Athlon 64 X2 4600+ runs very hot normally, so extra precautions are in order.
You might also want to purchase a thermal temperature gun to double-check the temperature reading devices on your computer. Of course the shutdown tells you the problem is severe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-or-advice-with-extreme-overheating.103682/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, I have been gone a long time; sorry I've been very busy with school and tests. But here it goes. I am trying to make a decision, between which to go with. The Koolance Exos 2 off ebay used in perfect condition for $50 or the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme. The Koolance does not come with any waterblocks, but I am going to buy a Swiftech Apogee GT block. Now my question is, which one should I go with. I currently have a watercooling system, but its not so good; KingWin AS-3000. The CPU that I plan on using this on is in my sig; Opteron 180 @ 2.75GHz. Which would give me better temperatures, I want temperatures under 50 Celsius, as the Opteron's max temp should be 59 Celsius. With the current watercooler it gets up into the low 60s. Any advice, need some asap, since I need to make the decision quickly. Thanks

A:Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme or Koolance Exos 2

I see, any other opinions guys? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thermalright-ultra-120-extreme-or-koolance-exos-2.100970/
Relevancy 33.97%

February The following changes were made - from now all Calculator PSU Update eXtreme new AMD CPUs will be listed by OPN code - added links on webpage to the latest updates - added AMD Athlon ADA AIK BX - added AMD Athlon ADA AIO BX - added AMD Athlon ADA DKA CG - added AMD Athlon ADA DKA CG - added AMD Athlon ADA DAA CF - added AMD Athlon ADA DKA CF - added AMD Athlon X Watts eXtreme PSU Calculator Update - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA BL HE - added AMD Opteron OSK eXtreme PSU Calculator Update FAA BM - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA BK HE - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA BL HE eXtreme PSU Calculator Update - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA BM HE - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA BL HE - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA BM HE - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA BL - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA BM - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA BL - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA BM - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA CB HE - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA CC HE - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA CB - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA CB HE - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA CC - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA CC HE - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA CB HE - added AMD Opteron OSK FAA CC HE - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA CC - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA CC - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA CB - added AMD Opteron OSA FAA CC - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA BN - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA BN - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA BN - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA BN - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA BN - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA BN - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA CD - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA CD - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA CD - added AMD Opteron OSA DAA CD New major update is coming Video Card wattages have been reviewed and will be listed based on real life D load tests Not the maximum power consumption reported by manufacturers www extreme outervision com nbsp

A:eXtreme PSU Calculator Update

Excellent site/application. If everyone knew about this site, it may cut down on some of the "is my PSU good enough" posts that you see on hardware forums.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-psu-calculator-update.43391/
Relevancy 33.97%

I just bought a compressed air duster, and i flipped it upside down when i was spraying it, and some liquid came out, onto my hand. It was extremely cold. So i looked on the can to see what the liquid was, apparently it was Difluoroethane. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difluoroethane
Aparently very cold, and is also known as Freon 152a. If you made a completely sealed liquid system with a brushless motor pump (the vapors are flammable), and made sure everything was airtight, you could make your system very cool, and overclock very high.

A:Extreme liquid cooling

hmm...didn't think of thatd

but if it is kept under pressure, it dosen't (or there would be condesation on the outside of this spray can.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extreme-liquid-cooling.99868/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hey Just bought the Intel E recently and finally managed to get it working after updating the bios Once it loaded up i checked the temps of the CPU and it at temperature Striker placement Extreme sensor idle it was around degrees This seemed Striker Extreme temperature sensor placement quite high considering i have the Zalman CNPS NT Striker Extreme temperature sensor placement Fan and feeling the fan and the air coming out the back it didn t feel like over at all more like mid s low s after feeling the temps of the E a while ago Ive tried remounting the fan but no difference So after searching other forums i found that theres a few problems with some of the temperature sensor on the chips some peoples reading temperatures of over degrees So what someone was recommending was using an external sensor to monitor it The striker extreme came with three temperature sensor cables and I was wondering where you could put it on the CPU that would give acurate readings but not damage it at all Also the first time i ran the chip on the older bios it reported a temperature of around degrees Thanks nbsp

A:Striker Extreme temperature sensor placement

Temperature you report is normal for idle. The CPU runs hot. 62C is even normal for operation when in use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/striker-extreme-temperature-sensor-placement.99296/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all,

I'm thinking of rigging an off-site backup of sorts, with putting an old computer in my shed. It's protected from the elements as far as rain or snow, but obviously it's not heated or air-conditioned. What I'm wondering, is would this be safe? Would components be susceptible to freezing in the winter or overheating in the summer?

If so, do you know of any insulated cases or any other way to safely have a computer in a room that doesn't either have A/C or heat?

Thanks!

A:Can a computer withstand winter/summer extreme temperatures?

How cold are your winters? The computer can heat itself in the winter as long as it's in a box or some other small space (unless you live upwards of the arctic circle or sth). Any cardboard box ought to do. You can even rig it to run at 100% CPU to put out more heat

Now, summer heat is a bigger problem. How hot does it get in your shed?

In addition to temperatures, you have to consider humidity too. Again, this depends on your climate and how the shed is built.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-computer-withstand-winter-summer-extreme-temperatures.97160/
Relevancy 33.54%

As the title says I need to know what kind of RAM to buy for an ECS PF21 Extreme mobo, i currently have a wintec AMPX 1 stick of 512 mb of ram in it, however i want to upgrade to 2 gigs, and since i can not find the AMPX stick of RAM i had bought on newegg again im just gonna go and get 2 1 gig RAM stick but i have no idea what to buy. All i know from heart is that its a 240 pin connector, ddr2, and i think its pc2 - 4200 (I have no idea what PC2 - 4200 means). But yeah that's about it. I would prefer the RAM to have a heatsink that comes with it. I was thinking about getting this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1882393&CatId=2366 . Is this the right thing to get? Any suggestions? I'd prefer the price to be around $50.

A:Need to know what kind of RAM to buy for a ECS PF21 extreme mobo.

Either look up the recommended memory makers and products in the manual that came with the board or on their website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-know-what-kind-of-ram-to-buy-for-a-ecs-pf21-extreme-mobo.96035/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just got a logitech extreme pc gaming headset. I used to have a USB headset, but now I have a headset with a pink plug and a black plug. I am not sure where to put them in, some help would be good.

A:Logitech Extreme PC Gaming Headset

***Sorry I forgot to add this but I am running Windows Vista, and have a Creative Labs X-FI XtremeGamer 24-BIT PCI Sound Card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-extreme-pc-gaming-headset.95267/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone First off i ll start with my system specs Number of processors Number of cores per processor Number of threads max per processor Name Intel Pentium Code Name Prescott Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Package Socket LGA Family Model Stepping F Extended Family Model F Core Stepping E Technology nm Core Speed MHz Multiplier x Bus speed x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instruction sets MMX SSE SSE SSE EM T L Data cache per processor KBytes -way set associative -byte line size Trace cache per processor Kuops -way set associative L cache per processor KBytes -way set regard Need my PSU and my in tower old on to advice help updating associative -byte line size Chipset amp Memory Northbridge VIA P M CE rev Southbridge VIA VT rev Graphic Interface AGP Need help and advice in regard to updating my PSU on my old tower AGP Revision AGP Transfer Rate x AGP Side Band Addressing supported enabled Memory Type DDR Memory Size MBytes Memory Frequency MHz DRAM Interleave -way CAS Latency tCL clocks RAS to CAS tRCD clocks RAS Precharge tRP clocks Cycle Time tRAS clocks Command Rate CR T System System Manufacturer System Name snc eeh System S N Mainboard Vendor Biostar Mainboard Model P M Pro-M BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS Version PG BIOS Date Memory SPD Module DDR PC - MHz MBytes Transcend Information Module DDR PC - MHz MBytes Centon Software Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack Build DirectX Version c - Sorry for the spam anywho I m buying this video card URL quot http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp sku P - quot URL And It requires a minimum of a W power supply and I believe my current is only W My main question is Will that video card and this power supply URL quot http www tigerdirect com applications searchtools item-details asp EdpNo amp body MAIN quot URL Fit and work with my motherboard and my case and all that The current PSU I have now is AL-C ATX From Allied Technologies Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Need help and advice in regard to updating my PSU on my old tower

I'm not familiar with that brand power supply but the amps look good on the 2 +12V lines. It should run that system just fine. Just remember that the power supply is the only component on your system that has the capacity of destroying ever other component. I always am willing to spend a few bucks more for an Antec, Thermaltake, or other well known brand. My last one was a CoolerMaster. They have some good rebate deals right now. This 750W one for $80US after rebate is a good deal. The other thing you need to look at is output. The Aspire is listing the maximum output at 600W. That's not a continuous rate. The Cooler Master on the other hand is advertising theirs as a 750W unit. When you check the specs you see it is rated at 750W continuous and 900W max output. So on that type of rating you may be actually only getting 450 to 500W continuous on the Aspire. Sorry for going on and on, but power supplies are one of the most important components, and it's difficult sometimes to know what to look for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-and-advice-in-regard-to-updating-my-psu-on-my-old-tower.95259/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an external hard disk drive (Western Digital MyBook 500GB, if that matters what kind it is...) and I was wondering if I put it inside my checked baggage, well padded of course, will the air port security X-ray machines wipe / damage the data?
(I am hoping to reduce the amount of luggage I have to carry around the airport to the gate and all...)
So do you guys think my precious pictures and videos and various digital valuables will be safe?

A:Will airport security damage my external Hard Disk Drive?

X -Rays won`t affect an HD

Stupid security officers,can.

Just make sure they treat it carefully,if they want to look

in your bag.

Very strong magnetic fields can affect HDs.So avoid those,too.

(don`t take it into an MRI scanner :haha: )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-airport-security-damage-my-external-hard-disk-drive.95258/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all i am scratching my head at what mobo to get i was serioulsy going towards the maximus formula cause it has cpu level up for overclocking but it has pcie 2.0 and i have an 8800 gtx will it be compatible? with 2.0 bus . if you guys could maybe give me the pros and cons of each board i could make up my mind cheers

A:Asus striker extreme or Asus maximus formula?

that is a new board and the 2.0 bus is what the new video cards are going to be coming out at and this board will work work with u're card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-or-asus-maximus-formula.94396/
Relevancy 34.4%

somethin is not right here....my tower is turned on but there is no signal goin to the monitor....and the lights on the tower lights is now red....one of my dvd drivers open half way and the other just wont open...it has to be the damn voltage settings on my power supply

the story is there was a shutdown in my area for almost 12 hours becuz the city needed to rewire and fix some **** on the ground.

and when the power was up again...this happened.

i thought at first it was a bios issue so i took out that little round thing out of the motherboard and put it back but no luck......

my powersuppy is a 500w antec.....and i have a gigabyte motherboard.

the bad thing about my powersupply is theres no voltage switcher....so i dont know how to adjust it...... ANY HELP well be appreciated

A:TOWER lights up but monitor no signal

You have a few misperceptions on how things work... such as voltage switcher on the power supply. You don't want to mess with the power supply.
Your problem could be power supply, hard drive, video graphics, or memory failure... or some other problem.
You can help us help you by posting your computuer brand and model as well as operating system, age of the unit, memory installed, and type of video graphics.
Further, we would like to know what antivirus software, Antispyware, and rootkit snoopers you have installed.
What was going on with your computer when the power failure hit? As that seems critical.
What was that little round thing? A CMOS battery with the number 2032?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-lights-up-but-monitor-no-signal.80652/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi all , i recently just bout a new intel core 2extreme x6800 processor for 200 pounds i have heard that this processor was really good but i have a few doubts now after i bought it . first off, was 200 pound good for this processor? or should i have maybe went a bit higher and got the the quad extreme qx6700? opinions would be greatly appreciated because i want to run crysis really well and just need some opions on this processor cheers

A:Intel core 2 extreme x6800 wise choice?

I'm not sure about the 200 lb price tag for X6800, but a Q6600 will go for $325 and a regular E6850 for about $299Cd here in Canada. For sure you won't see any difference between an X6800 and the Q6700 when it comes to Crysis. I've read and seen the performance reviews and they all show such little diff. it's not worth talking about. To run Crysis very well means mid-high settings and one of those above cpus and a minimum 8800GT 512Mb to achieve (believe it or not!) 30FPS!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-core-2-extreme-x6800-wise-choice.94159/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

I was just wondering, what is the difference between normal quad core, and the ones with "extreme" stuck on the end. Both from Intel.

This also applies to Core 2 Duo from Intel.

I can't spot it (except for the price), so someone help me out here.

A:Intel Quad core/Quad core extreme difference? (Q6600/QX6700)

im not to sure but i think it has somthing to do with the multiplyer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-quad-core-quad-core-extreme-difference-q6600-qx6700.93982/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi,

It is my very first post and i hope you guy´s can help me...
I got myself the very Cool Mainboard from Asus, Called Striker Extreme.
One of the accessorys was the Mini PCI Soundcard.
It ran well for about 2 - 3 weeks but suddenly it smelled like there´s something burning.
I quickly turned off my computer and i looked in it to find the problem.
The soundcard was !!!very!!! hot and on top of a chip was a burned spot.

I just wanted to know, if it´s a general problem of this MB or soundcard or if this just was a one time thing....

The PC runs still like hell but without the soundcard. Thank God i still have warranty :-D

Bye

Darktic

A:Asus Striker Extreme soundcard fried

You basically answered your own question. If it's still under warranty, take it back for a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-soundcard-fried.91492/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys ive been strugglin with an off and on problem for a good while initially i thought my video card was bad because i could be doin pretty off Screen still on turns tower and much anything and somethin glitches screen Screen turns off and tower still on goes black u can hear lil noises Screen turns off and tower still on thru the sound and the tower is still on learned to just kinda unplug it and plug into another outlet usually Screen turns off and tower still on worked but now my wife found out if u unplug net and comp and replug em in starts up no idea what it could be i sent my video card in for warranty when this started that didnt fix it so i went to the power supply it had a burn mark in one of the pin holes so i sent it in got a new one thought the problem was gone it was for awhile and now recently its been startin back up can this be a problem wit my motherboard or i just duno wut it could be Thanks nbsp

A:Screen turns off and tower still on

Hi fireOfear and welcome to TechSpot.:wave:

Your problem could be heat related. Open your pc up and give it a good dust out and see if that helps.

Also, Google and get Everest home edition and use that to monitor temperatures and voltages for a while.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-turns-off-and-tower-still-on.91192/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello this is not a questiom it s pleny informative because i m boring I m about to confirm the posibility of overclock an AMD Athlon socket on a ECS Kv Extreme motherboard from the initial mhz to mhz without liquid freeze or similar only stock fan On full load it reaches degrees on idle with AMD C amp Q activated on windows xp The trick is to set an divider into the memory controller changing from the initial mhz DDR to mhz DDR and setting up the system bus speed from the initial mhz to mhz Cpu runs Mhz and memory mhz DDR a little over the nominal speed mhz DDR I have x Kingstom value ram ddr Needed to say that if u have SATA drives you must to lock the AGP clock in mhz for not allow system bus overclock to overclock the AGP clock don t know why but the AGP bus clock uses 2500 sucess ECS 64 KV2 AMD 2000 @ overclocking from Extreme 3200+ to the same clock than SATA overclocking AMD 64 3200+ @ ECS KV2 Extreme from 2000 to 2500 sucess bus clock No more to say if anyone wants mora information I will help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-amd-64-3200-ecs-kv2-extreme-from-2000-to-2500-sucess.90673/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am using an ECS Kv Extreme motherboard It works great Looking for someone that uses the ECS Extreme Q-boot func? F11 Mobo KV2 same board I want to use the f ECS KV2 Extreme Mobo F11 Q-boot func? key to boot from another drive When I press F during boot it works correctly calling up a menu for selecting another boot device I want to select from two different IDE drives That menu comes up ok but whichever drive I choose it always come up with the drive bios has as the st drive Both drives work when I put them st on the bios list Does this motherboard work the way I want it to Everything else works great on the board Could it be that bios hasn t been fixed for this problem The work around I m now using is going into bios and changes the drive to boot from Kind of slow I am already doing multi-boot of windows on one drive and want a different clean drive to boot from Help from someone using this F key on this motherboard would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:ECS KV2 Extreme Mobo F11 Q-boot func?

I am going to make a recomindation reformat everything, install windows first XP first if using other windows and then install the other OS's on other hard drive, if not using windows then will have to get the help of another software to boot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ecs-kv2-extreme-mobo-f11-q-boot-func.73377/
Relevancy 40.42%

hello i have a question i have xrays.... and airport hard drive a gig hard drive i was hard drive and airport xrays.... using on my home computer as a storage drive only Drive L hard drive and airport xrays.... i used it as backup and transfered all my files on it before moving to japan i took it out of the computer to use in a hard drive dock connecting to my girlfriends laptop via usb i was in such a hard drive and airport xrays.... rush when i moved that when i took it out i never tested it out even but in japan i hooked it up to the computer and it doesnt show up in my computer and so i cannot access it although i can see it when i go to manage the drives and i see how much space is used etc i am hoping it is only a simple issue such as identifying the drive letter and not something more serious since its not my laptop i didn t want to go into bios and mess around when i didn t know exactly what i was doing i have another drive i use in the dock that works fine on her laptop but this has always been used as an external drive even at home in the states note when i packed the drives they were in one of my checked bags carefully packed in an small aluminum case inside a big aluminum suitcase The one that works was in the dock the other was in a non-static bag and wrapped in a towel the suitcase had been opened and inspected maybe xray d i realized when i arrived though before placing the hard drive in the non-static bag i did wrap it in cellophane wrap for a short time i don t know if this would have a negative effect on the drive or not though but thought i d mention it just in case i was hoping to find a tech in japan but i cant find one or explain the situation if i ever did Thanks for any tips advice etc Troy nbsp

A:hard drive and airport xrays....

Hi

I fix the Epos systems in manchester airport, we take HD's and complete PC's through the Xray and we never had any fail, so I doubt your problem is related to that.

What worries me is that you wrapped a HD in cellophane, this isnt a good idea as it is a good conductor of static and you may have damaged the IDE controller.

As you can see it in disk management try right clicking it and see if it can be examined or assigned a drive letter.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-and-airport-xrays.65272/
Relevancy 34.4%

i am building a new computer and have pretty much decided upon my specs untill i was reading the thread quot power supply upgrade- need some recomendations quot i used a power supply calculator to try and figure out how big of a PSU cooling i needed in the new case note i know nothing about cases and have been having a hard time finding somethign i know will work to make a long story short my specs said i needed w on my psu and i dont know PSU, computer for new tower needed cooling, what type of cooling i should cooling, PSU, tower needed for new computer be using cooling, PSU, tower needed for new computer or any websites to find a tower that will work and include cooling psu having a few concerns about finding a tower and if i should downgrade from quad to dual processor because of my high PSU needs had a hard time with exact power needs because i am not sure if my motherboard is high end and other little things like that anyone who can provide information as to a tower with a good enough PSU cooling proper number of ports etc can tell me how much power i actually need or recommend a tower would be great here are my computer specs gigabyte ga-p c-ds r motherboard p intel chipset intel core quad q ghz processor dimms of gb ddr dual channel RAM geforce gts or mb video card havent decided but calc didnt change much between the i am using my old drives for the time being floppy drive dvd drive and cd rw drive assuming IDE harddrive and am not using any USB or other divices such as external drives not sure on the fans cooling aspect because i do not have a tower for it yet is there anything i am missing that will make it easier to figure out i couldnt find a thread that talked about cases so i figured cooling was an appropriate place to put this thread if not plz let me know and i will repost in the proper forum your help is much appreciated Swen nbsp

A:cooling, PSU, tower needed for new computer

Look at Antec cases. Not cheap but top quality and usually come with a generous PSU and decent chassis fans all in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-psu-tower-needed-for-new-computer.85478/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey Just got my ram back from OCZ and noticed that in the bios the actual speed that it was running at was mhz So by increasing the voltage slightly from auto to v it booting at the stated ram speed of mhz with the timings - - - Ram Below http www ocztechnology com products memory ocz ddr pc reaper hpc edition This works fine but when i go onto PC Probe it gives me a warning message about the DDR Term being at too high a voltage It was v when i set my ram at v By moving the ram down the v any lower caused blue screen or wouldn t boot the DDR Term was v and was still Extreme Problems Striker shown as a warning At auto settings running at mhz its v with no error message I was just wondering if its ok to leave it at v without any problems Finally although slightly off topic PC probe always shows the VHT at v giving me a warning even though i havn t changed that Thanks nbsp

A:Striker Extreme Problems

I would leave the ram voltage alone. Overclock your cpu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/striker-extreme-problems.85938/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

My MOBO is ASUS P5N-E SLI

I installed a new processor: Intel Quad core Extreme processor @ 2.66GHz, 8MB L2 cache

and the stock fan is really loud! Running at 4000rpm.

I flashed my BIOS, its version 7030 and the noise is still there. I upgraded from Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (E6600), that worked perfectly.

anything else I can do?

Regards,
Cj

A:Quad core Extreme stock fan

you could get a cable with a resistor built in (zalman do one) which will reduce the fan speed, otherwise you could buy a new heatsink, i personally recommend zalman, my old cpu fan used to go at 5000rpm and was the loudest thing on the street, now i have a zalman one that does around 2000rpm and it's almost silent plus it got the temperature down about 10C lower

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quad-core-extreme-stock-fan.85798/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have recently bought the following items for my new computer.

Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

Procesor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.4GHz San Diego

Memory:1 GB (2 pcs 512MB) DDR (400) PC-3200 Corsair w/LED Display (TWINX1024-3200XLPRO)

Video Card: eVGA GeForce 7800 GTX KO 256MB

Hard Disk :Western Digital 74 GB SATA 10K Raptor (WD740GD)

Now I need a good place to put this bad boy into. What is a good computer case/tower for cooling? What should I buy to keep this bad boy cool? CPU fan? other fans?

thanks!

A:Computer Case/Tower

ZIP!! WHOOSH!!!

That is a nice system. Damn!

How about this for a case?
http://www.coolermaster.com/index.p...ial=RC-730&other_title=+RC-730+Praetorian 730

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-case-tower.31005/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

I just put in the Core 2 Quad Extreme QX6700 in my computer, and the fan is quite loud (stock fan in the box with the processor). For referance the QX6700 is the 2.66GHz.

I was wondering if anyone knew of fans which are:

1). Basically as silent as possible, but would handle the heat of this processor.

2). I might want to overclock it, but not too much, so please bear this in mind.

3). If there's LED lights on it, that would be good, but it's not important.

Just reply or PM me if you know about any, I'm not too worried about the price!

Regards,
CJ

A:Good, silent cooling for Core 2 Quad Extreme

This baby rocks.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic85190.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-silent-cooling-for-core-2-quad-extreme.85198/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello

Just a quick one? I would like to know what the 3rd slot for a pci-e graphics card is for in this sli mobo. As far as I know sli gaming only allows for 2 GPUs yet theres 1 more slot in a different colour in between them?

Thanks
Chris

A:ASUS Striker Extreme 3rd PCI-E Slot?

There are 3 expansion slots... 1 PCIeX1, and 2 PCI v2.2 slots

The PCIeX1 could be used for a 3rd video card. The 2 PCI v2.2 slots are for standard PCI add-in cards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-striker-extreme-3rd-pci-e-slot.84977/
Relevancy 33.54%

ever since i switched from my 7300LE to 7950GT extreme edition my cs has been acting very strange... every few rounds i always get connection problem and the game freezes but i still can turn around so i always have to reconnect and its getting very annoying... plus my fps in cs dropped from 200-250 to 100-150 when i switched to 7950GT... please help =(
thanks in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-7950gt-extreme-edition-help-please.80071/
Relevancy 34.83%

how would one beable to tell if a mother board is compatible with a certain tower.

im purchasing one of my friend and its in decent condition but i need to know if i can use it in my comp

A:Mobo and Tower capability

Check the Form Factor. ATX is the most common 'standard' sized tower, so find an ATX mobo.
If you're building a small form factor pc, then look for Micro-ATX case and mobo.
Micro-ATX will still fit into an ATX case though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-and-tower-capability.78766/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have an Emachines W2686. For a while it would work fine, smoothly, and efficiently. But just recently it decided to REALLY act up. When I turn the tower on, it sounds as if everything runs smoothly. Hard Drive, Fans, Power unit. But it doesnt seem to be reading at all. Ive checked and changed the memory, checked the hard drive, unpowered it for a day, and yet nothing. It still turns on, but just doesnt read it. Ive even switched out monitors, checked monitor connections, and changed the cords. There are lights, for example, the smart card light is on, the CD light flickers, (no cd), and below the power button, a orange light flickers once in a while. The main power button, that usually turns green, stays off.

I know my first mistake was getting an emachines, but is there any possible way to fix this? Might it be the Motherboard?

A:Tower problem (Turning on)

Hi Vermiere and welcome to the TS Forum :wave:

Vermiere said:

There are lights, for example, the smart card light is on, the CD light flickers, (no cd), and below the power button, a orange light flickers once in a while. The main power button, that usually turns green, stays off.Click to expand...

Sounds very much like your Board, the other lights show that the board is receiving power Ok.

Unless you have access to a similar machine then your only choice is to take it to a PC Repair shop for them to diagnose further.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, if you do decide to scrap it then DONT ever buy an Emachine again, all that I have read about them is bad.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tower-problem-turning-on.79017/
Relevancy 32.68%

Greetings,

I think I have a big problem:

For a couple of weeks, I had a bad RAM module (512 MB) in my Inspiron 9300. Sometimes my laptop crashed, just like last night. But when I booted (very slow) my laptop this morning, my fans immediately runned at 100%. So I removed the bad RAM module and did a system restore, hoping this would help. It didn't. Then I started I8kfanGUI and these are the results:

CPU speed: 220 Mhz (should be 800 idle and 2000 stressed)
Temperature: 85 °C (normal peak values are 70 degrees, idle: 35 degrees)
CPU load: mostly 100 %, base load is about 60 %
Fans: CPU: 5345 RPM and Nvidia fan: 5231 RPM, so both at max...
GPU, Memory, Chipset temperature: missing! strange...

What can I do about it? Will a complete format help, or is this a hardware issue... Maybe Bios? I just hope my CPU isn't damaged... Warranty is over.

Many thanks

Alexander

A:Problem: Extreme CPU overheating - Dell Ispiron 9300

What I forget to mention:

Last weekend, the laptop of my battery failed during gaming... It still works, but the battery led on the laptop, which is normally green, shows 4 times orange (short) and 1 time green (long). However, this battery doesn't feel hot...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-extreme-cpu-overheating-dell-ispiron-9300.77963/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey guys

I got the Asus Extreme Striker a while back now and i was just wondering about the ram it can support. I was planning to get something like OCZ 2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 (OCZ2N1066SR2GK) Dual Channel SLI Ready Edition. Sites which sell this mobo, and on the box itself say it only supports up to DDR2 800mhz.
Although, reviews about this mobo say that it can support DDR2 1066mhz. Do you have to do anything to the mobo to allow this ram to work?

Thanks

Edit- I am using a Core 2 duo E6700 if that matters.

A:Asus Extreme Striker - Ram question

http://www.asus.com/999/download/products/1439/1439_10.pdf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-extreme-striker-ram-question.77883/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a choice here: 2 nvidia xfx 256 mb 7600 gt's in sli mode, or one xfx 512mb 7950gt extreme, single card. does anyone have any ideas on which configuration is better?

A:which is better: 2 7600gt in sli, or one 7950 gt extreme

it is according what u are going to use it for. for gaming I would say the 7950gt would be better, but u might want to wait on more to ring in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-better-2-7600gt-in-sli-or-one-7950-gt-extreme.76082/
Relevancy 33.54%

I got 7 extra wires I dont know where to connect on my Asus p5GV-MX MB.

they are labeled: Return R, Return L, Spkout R, Spkout L, ground, mic Bias, and mic in. I have no idea where they go and the manual to MB doesnt talk about it.

When I get this PC going, i would like to plug headphones or mic at the front and not reach the back to plug them.

on MB, not sure what connectors are those:
10-1 pin AAFP (which has: port1 L, ground, port1 R, Presence#, Port2 R, Sense1_return, sense_send, port2 L, and sense2_return)

A:where to plug the wires ( for mic and headphones front side of tower)

Nevermind i think i figured it out, hopefully, thanks to ASUS forum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-to-plug-the-wires-for-mic-and-headphones-front-side-of-tower.74012/
Relevancy 33.97%

I saw this article a while back but im trying to find one on the 6800 extreme that Im about to buy next week. Anyone know or seen one similar?

http://www.techspot.com/article/13-intel-core2duo-e6300-e6700-overclocking/page2.html

A:Overclocking a 6800 Extreme??

you can overclock the 6800 to 3.5 on some fan cooling. the articles are everywhere. Me personally Im going to eventually get the Quad core instead. I thought of getting the 6800 as well

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-a-6800-extreme.72195/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello everybody,
I just got the Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 processor. I want to make sure that I keep it as cool as possible. Can I please get some opinions on the best CPU cooler for this chip. I will be putting into an ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboard. Thank your time and help.
Angel

A:Best CPU Cooler for Intel Extreme X6800

Tuniq Tower 120 is THE BEST
Scythe Infinity is #2
Scythe Ninja is #3
ThermalTake Big Typhoon #4
Zalman CNPS9700 #5

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-cpu-cooler-for-intel-extreme-x6800.71388/