Windows Support Forum

Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Q: Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Hello,
I am having trouble getting the built-in wireless adapter on this laptop to get connected to the internet. I have installed the following driver:
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/migr-73611
but have had no luck. there are no available wireless connections I can connect to.
I have also tried to use USB wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN725N to connect to internet. It is able to find available connections but when it tries to connect it says unable to connect and give options to troubleshoot. Once troubleshoot is complete it says to investigate router or access point issues. I have reset the router many times. Other devices are working fine with the internet just not this laptop.
I am running windows 7 64Bit.
Please help.
Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lenovo Thinkpad T410 wireless issue

Can you connect the laptop to the router using a cable at all ?

using just the laptop wireless adapter
unlikely to be this as it is reporting NO networks available - but check anyway please
Check the wireless is switched ON
theres often a physical switch or a combination of the FN and one of the F keys to toggle the wireless on/off
often F2 is used - but note , not always - look for a symbol that looks a little like (( i ))

is the wireless on?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

can we see an ipconfig /all - see how below
do a tcp/ip reset - see how below
post a screen shot of xirrus please - see how below

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the information above those entries

For Windows 8 or Windows 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/open-an-elevated-command-prompt-in-windows-8/
Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

Now press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt ​
It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10

For Windows Vista through to Windows 10
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on the screen )​
For Windows 8 & 10
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Note: Type only the text in bold and red for the following commands.
Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog and press enter

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log and press enter

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log and press enter
​ReStart (reboot) the machine.

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator - as requested above
Start> Programs> Accessories> and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen )​Please note and post back - if you receive the following message :-
Access is Denied
This error will occur with windows 8 and windows 10 , so ignore.

please post back the results in a reply here - its important we know that these commands have worked correctly and not produced any errors
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Details also here
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
also the link has a Microsoft Fix it , which will do the above for you

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
Do NOT use any of the download managers offered - Cnet , just use the direct link below - and click on the download button
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8 & 10
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool
(From the Windows 8 Start Screen, or windows 10 Search, type "snip" and press enter)
(From windows 10 - All Apps>Windows Accessories>Snipping Tool
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-thinkpad-t410-wireless-issue.1154408/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi everyone A few days ago I replaced my cpu motherboard and hdds on my system OLD System main components Case Antec v Cpu i Mobo Asus onboard realtek mobo low crackling) bk volume (very ud3h sound ac1150 issue - and Gigabyte p x d-e RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Intel Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) gb ssd Win HDD WD TB black New System main components Case Antec v Cpu i k Mobo Gigabyte z x - ud h-bk RAM corsair vengence gb x GPU Zotac GTX Boot drive Samsumg evo gb ssd Win HDD WD Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) TB black I was able to clone the ssd and hdd samsung migration for ssd and Easeus todo backup for hdd Initally I had some driver conflict when I Gigabyte ud3h bk mobo - realtek ac1150 onboard sound issue (very low volume and crackling) booted up the computer on the new mobo I managed to uninstall all the old drivers and then used the driver cd to install the mobo drivers and even updated all of them to the latest version I The conflict I m still having is with the back panel audio for the onboard sound I get very low volume and and crackling at certain frequencies tried on both my generic creative speaker and Audio technical headphones When I m plugging in the speaker into the green port and have it plugged in half way or accidentally touch the jack to the I o plate I get really strong loud static noise Here is the list of solution that I tried with no success Updated the Realtek HD Audio Manager app I e the one installed from the driver cd to the latest one Used DPC latency checker and it is showing all greens didn t test it for more than a minute though should I be doing something while the app is on to test for interference Installed Generic Realtek driver for ac codec Disabled C E and EIST in the bios Played with the equalizers on Realtek HD Audio Manager helped to reduce bit of static but its still there and the volume is still very low Disabled all line in devices Checked audio with a ubuntu live cd and the problem still persists does this indicate a hardware issue What I find strange is that my front panel that is connected to the HD audio pins on the motherboard works fine with the same speaker and headphones I still have some more solutions I need to test out like Update the bios currently on F version the latest is F I have a spare asus xonar dg PCI so will try to install it and test if audio will works fine But this is not a permanent solution as I only have one PCI slot which I m using for my wireless card adapter Edimax g Run Memtest can this ever be a problem for sound related issues Driver Sweeper I believe I have properly manually uninstalled all the mobo drivers but going try this app to be sure Can someone please point me in the right direction on how to solve this This is the first time I m installing replacing a mobo and cpu so should check if there is a wiring issue when I replaced all the parts back into the case Please let me know if more information is need to help resolve this I have a few more days left incase I have to RMA the mobo so any pointers would really be helpful before I decide to send it back if at all TIA Sreejit S nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-ud3h-bk-mobo-realtek-ac1150-onboard-sound-issue-very-low-volume-and-crackling.217321/
Relevancy 17.63%

Samsung has announced a new pair of monitors today that both feature Qi wireless charging in their stands, allowing you to easily charge your Qi-compatible smartphone on your desk without the clutter of a separate charging plate.

Read more

A:Samsung's new range of monitors feature Qi wireless charging

Yeah...that's awesome. That's actually where I place my phone anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsungs-new-range-of-monitors-feature-qi-wireless-charging.217292/
Relevancy 18.06%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi I need to choose a laptop to my daily use between only those choices I cant choose different one first option ThinkPad Yoga broadwell includes inch usb level mini hdmi port no vga - provided converter to vga has digitizer work on wifi can add external usb splitter ethernet battery - around hours internal - 840 HP ThinkPad broadwell VS EliteBook Yoga G2 12.5 14.0 can t be switched fast charging reviews talks about hours even in average wifi work second option HP EliteBook G broadwell includes inch usb level no digitizer has Ethernet connection battery - around hours external battery max - hours Beside of this - both are equal with internal content same cpu ssd graphics etc for both I won t change battery or something like that in my daily use I don t plan to take a spare battery ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 broadwell VS HP EliteBook 840 G2 14.0 with me but I do need it to work duration as much as possible I will work with this only on laptop hours a day - rest of day is on external screen What I need is highest battery life as possible convenient and easy connection to docking I heard many argument against HP docking stations with series normal keypad today I have lenovo thinkpad and its wonderful normal screen bigger is better but not in any case for hours a day max what do you say I would appreciate you comments - how much the change in screen size is critical it s only cm- cm ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 broadwell VS HP EliteBook 840 G2 14.0 correct vs - for the lenovo- I afraid that the battery does not have a long life time and after a one year it will die the cell is an internal cell - hours by team mates review and more How manufacturers treat nowadays to cell issues Does a user still need to replace a battery every - years how this in internal battery devices Thank you nbsp

A:ThinkPad Yoga 12.5 broadwell VS HP EliteBook 840 G2 14.0

What did you choose in the end and why? I have the exact same options offered to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinkpad-yoga-12-5-broadwell-vs-hp-elitebook-840-g2-14-0.213538/
Relevancy 17.63%

When I try and access the internet through any of the main browsers (I.e. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari) they tell me along the lines of 'unable to access the network' and 'this page can't be displayed' after taking a while attempting to load. I also cannot access it through any of my Windows 8 apps. I know it's not an issue with the home broadband itself and is something to do with my laptop as it is running fine both wirelessly and through using an Ethernet cable on all other devices. I would really appreciate some help with trying to fix this asap as I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and trying most things to resolve it without success, I also need to use the internet for loads of coursework over the summer hols and cannot afford to be taking it to a pricey IT technician. Please helppp

A:My laptop cannot connect to the internet, even though wireless and ethernet are working

Take a look at the file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts​there MUST be at least a line reading 127.0.0.1 LOCALHOST
but the question is there anything other than comments in it?
If so, leave the comments and the localhost line and delete everything else.

If you modify the hosts file, then you also need to

ipconfig /flushdns
net stop "dns client"
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-cannot-connect-to-the-internet-even-though-wireless-and-ethernet-are-working.195158/
Relevancy 17.63%

SanDisk has come up with a clever take on a common PC accessory that kills two birds with one stone. Its new wireless mobile flash drive is designed to make it easier to transfer files between devices while simultaneously extending...

Read more

A:SanDisk's new wireless flash drive kills two birds with one stone

"...when you consider micro SD card slots on smartphones are on the way out."

Just because a prominent phone maker decides to experiment by not including the microSD slot, does not mean this tech is on the way out. There is REAL need for this, and if the big S doesn't want to include this in their phones, people will find other phones that do have this capability.
Lets not forget just how bad sales were/are for the S6.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisks-new-wireless-flash-drive-kills-two-birds-with-one-stone.216608/
Relevancy 18.49%

Specs Windows Home Premium ASUS Notebook G Series Intel Core i CPU Q GHx GB of ram Atheros off capability turning keeps Wireless AR Wireless Network Adapter Hello For the last two weeks my laptop has been having troubles with its network adapter Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Every time my computer starts up from sleep mode or just a normal start up my icon in the bottom right hand corner shows a black box with Wireless capability keeps turning off a plug in it and says no network connection available I then proceed by opening up the quot Network and Sharing Center quot clicking on the quot Change Adapter Settings quot button in the top left corner right click on the quot Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter quot icon and selecting quot Diagnose quot The diagnostic runs and asks me if I would like to turn on my wireless capabilities I click the quot Apply Fix quot button and it turns on my Adapter Here s the Detection Details Diagnostics Information Network Adapter Details about network adapter diagnosis Network adapter Wireless Network Connection driver information Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Manufacturer Atheros Communications Inc Provider Microsoft Version Inf File Name C Windows INF netathrx inf Inf File Date July- - PM Section Name ATHR DEV OS A B ndi Hardware ID pci ven c amp dev b amp subsys a b Instance Status Flags x a Device Manager Status Code IfType Physical Media Type Diagnostics Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Connection incident diagnosed List of visible access point s item s total item s displayed Connection History Information for Auto Configuration ID List of visible networks item s total item s displayed List of preferred networks item s Diagnostic Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis For complete information about this session see the wireless connectivity information event Helper Class Auto Configuration Initialize status Success Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID f ed -ab - d-ab c- fea b b f Interface name Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Interface type Native WiFi Result of diagnosis Problem found Root cause Wireless capability is turned off Detailed root cause Radio is off SW switch I THINK THE ISSUES HERE Repair option Turn on wireless capability Network Diagnostics Log File Name A - CE - A - E -F CE E CD Diagnose etl Other Networking Configuration and Logs File Name NetworkConfiguration cab I m not sure what the issue is my power setting shows that my adapter is set to maximum performance on both plugged-in and battery settings as well as the power management option showing that my computer is not allowed to turn off the adapter to save power So I m out of ideas and I can t find anything on google to help me out I appreciate any feedback on the issue Eric nbsp

A:Wireless capability keeps turning off

Check your windows settings and any software specific settings if there is a control panel other than the windows one for controlling the card. With my laptop the wifi always disconnects after a certain amount of time idle to save battery. Its not really uncommon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-capability-keeps-turning-off.163578/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have an Aspire one NAV50 with Windows 7 starter.

One time, when I turned it on, The icon for wireless connection doesn't appear anymore. Every time I try troubleshoot it, it would just say that there is an ethernet cable unplugged. And so, I connected it into the ethernet cable and it works fine. But when I tried it again on the wireless connections, it doesn't locate to any wireless connection.

I've tried the ff on my laptop:

restart
update
scan the laptop with MalwareBytes
Fn+f2
by the way, last night, when I turned on again the laptop, the wireless connections can already be found. However, after few minutes, it went back to being unlocated again.

A:Laptop would work on ethernet cable not on Wireless Connections

I had doubt the Starter supports the Wireless connecting but since you say " the wireless connections can already be found.", so probably it's possible.
In this case and at the moment the thing I'm thinking about is the driver. Try to update its driver for wireless connecting. (You've said the 'update', but update of what?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-would-work-on-ethernet-cable-not-on-wireless-connections.201158/
Relevancy 18.06%

hi there my wireless through cable work will not My only ethernet internet internet was My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless running fine until yesterday when I tried to connect to the internet the message quot windows can t communicate with the device or resource primary dns server quot came up I followed all methods on this website http answers microsoft com en-us w -b d ec fae but none of them worked for me I then returned my laptop to factory settings in the hope it will work but that didnt not work I then realised it works through the ethernet cable but not wireless I ran ipconfig all with my ethernet cable in and this is the result SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME THANKYOU Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nida-TOSH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address D -DF- A-EB- -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fccc e c eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained October Lease Expires October Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EB- A- A-B - -F -D - -E DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address B - -F -D - -EF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap EEB-B - C-AC - CEB F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb affc eb Pre erred Link-local IPv Address fe affc eb Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap DF D AB- BF- FA - CB -DFA C Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:My internet will only work through ethernet cable not wireless

There may be an issue on the ISP side or router side since restoring to defaults didnt help. Or it could be an issue with the network adapter. Or it could be an issue with the firewall.

Try downloading running these tools (download via ethernet, run on wireless): Network Fix-It Tool (right click on the internet bars on the task bar in the bottom right hand side of the screen, and click "troubleshoot network...") and Firewall Fix-It Tool.

Did you install anything on your PC before this happened? Did Windows install any updates?

Try disabling your AntiVirus. That may be the issue. I doubt it though.

Tell me if any of these solutions help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-internet-will-only-work-through-ethernet-cable-not-wireless.197067/
Relevancy 51.17%

Lenovo's VP of Design, David Hill, wants to create a new ThinkPad laptop that is heavily inspired by the old-school designs of popular ThinkPad laptops from the IBM era, stretching as far back as 1992.

Read more

A:Lenovo design chief wants to build a retro-styled ThinkPad laptop

I used to use one of those old IBM Thinkpad laptops at around that time and I thought it was the coolest thing ever even if it was terribly slow, weighed almost a ton, had a crappy pixelated display (~2ppi it seemed) and was about a metre thick. I loved it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-design-chief-wants-to-build-a-retro-styled-thinkpad-laptop.215825/
Relevancy 21.93%

Lenovo is the latest PC maker to join the budding PC-on-a-stick movement. The company on Tuesday announced the Ideacentre Stick 300, a wallet-friendly compute stick suitable for use in multiple scenarios.

Read more

A:Lenovo undercuts Intel's Compute Stick with cheaper Ideacentre Stick 300

It's too bad HDMI couldn't supply the power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-undercuts-intels-compute-stick-with-cheaper-ideacentre-stick-300.215634/
Relevancy 25.37%

My lenovo A850 cant switch off airplane mode. why?

A:Lenovo A850

Question: Is there is a physical wireless switch? If it's set to Off, you won't be able to turn off Airplane mode.

So set the wireless switch to On and the option to turn off Airplane mode should be available. Does this work for you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-a850.215839/
Relevancy 17.63%

Razer on Tuesday unveiled what it's calling the world's most advanced gaming mouse. Now in its third iteration, the 2015 Razer Mamba features a brand new 5G laser sensor and Adjustable Click Force Technology, among other features.

Read more

A:Razer's new Mamba features 16,000 DPI laser sensor in wired and wireless configurations

I'll pass. I don't game on anything that low. :\
Does anyone even go outside the 800-2000dpi range? I keep my mouse at 2000dpi.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razers-new-mamba-features-16-000-dpi-laser-sensor-in-wired-and-wireless-configurations.214881/
Relevancy 17.63%

So I have 2 images from the Device manager.
The driver has a Yellow caution sign with "!" inside it.

My issues:
Cannot Connect to wireless, But can connect via Ethernet Cable.

My troubleshooter said the drive couldn't start, and that I needed a Wireless Cable to plugin to the computer.

This is my school computer, my help desk helped before but they are out of office because its summer break.

Device Manager > Components > Problem Devices
Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E034105B&REV_01\4&124A40C8&0&00E1 This device cannot start.
Also 2 things.
I tried disabling my Bluetooth High Speed, it did nothing.
I do not know if this is the right thread, because this is my first post, if there is anymore information you need to know please contact me.

A:Atheros AR5B97 driver not letting me connect to wireless

Hi and welcome to the boards.

How old is this system? Sometimes the wireless card will fail and a new one can be installed.

However, you can upload and install the latest wireless network driver for your system via ethernet cable. Sometimes that is all you need. If it is a built system like a Dell then go to the manufacture's website if this was a system that was built by yourself or someone else then go to the motherboard's website.

Please keep us updated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atheros-ar5b97-driver-not-letting-me-connect-to-wireless.215528/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey! I've been debating on wether I should buy the Lenovo Y50-70 (59427681)
or the ASUS N551JM-CN095H .
I'm looking to buy today, so I'd appreciate quick replies
Main difference is that the Lenovo has Hybrid Memory with 8 GB SSD cache, but it only has 100 mb LAN network speed, compared to Asus' 1000 mb speed.

The price of the Lenovo : 903 USD
The price of the Asus : 967 USD

Here I will give you the link so you can compare these two against eachother. It's in norwegian, but it shouldn't be a problem
http://www.netonnet.no/CompareView/...t=210134&compareItemId=210134&itemList=210779

A:Which should i pick? The lenovo Or the Asus ?

What do you want your laptop to do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-should-i-pick-the-lenovo-or-the-asus.213861/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone,
One fine evening while watching a movie, my laptop stopped responding and in frustration I switched off the laptop by holding the power button long enough to turn off. Next Morning it showed a blue screen and a message to recover my windows, which I failed to do and by the afternoon this message showed up. Detection Error on HDD0 (main HDD) and hence forth I've been unable to install windows from a USB drive since ( and I suppose) it is not able to read my HDD. I do not care about my data at all, I just want my laptop up and running. If I can have the data back it will be perfect otherwise I don't mind not getting my data back. I know for a fact that my Hard disk is fine because I went into command prompt, diskpart , and list disk, and saw the status of HDD as healthy, this is after the error (detection error on HDD). SO my question is: Why this error? IS there a problem in the motherboard? Why the error shows once and then doesn't show the next time and then comes up again.

A:2100: Detection Error on HDD0 (Main HDD); Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga

The error might be bad sectors, but I'm not sure. if my guessing is correct, you might have to get a new drive to replace. also you need to reinstall OS

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2100-detection-error-on-hdd0-main-hdd-lenovo-thinkpad-yoga.212391/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello,

I need some professional help.
My computer:
AMD a10
4fb RAM
R9270x BY XFX
NOW, without the graphics card the computer runs fine. When I install the ddriver's for the r9 it will work, but eventually the display driver stopped working makes its way back.

I've ran all diagnostics on the memory and checked temperstures which all turned out to be fine.

I sent the card into xfx and they returned it saying it's fine.

WTF DO I DO MATES. I think it's the card....but that's just me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-and-display-driver-issue.212301/
Relevancy 18.49%

As the title implies I m currently having issues the first major issue is that my PC is turning on off and which the second is that my other hard drive suddenly up and Issue Invisible & HDD Computer Grounding disappeared on me My computer started to turn on and off on me for no reason while I was trouble shooting my initial problem of the HDD when I fiddled around inside my case Eventually ripping everything out of the case and quot card-boarding quot the motherboard which it worked and stayed on and as I gradually put everything back together it was all good until I sat the motherboard back onto the brass copper studs that sits inside the frame and screwed it in At that point my computer started to turn on and off again which lead me to believe it s some manner of a grounding issue Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD I have no clue on what to do at this point about going about this should I just get a new case made of plastic My current full tower case is all steel While I was watching a movie which was stored on my second hard drive is started to freeze lag repeat all that good stuff on me It froze my computer up completely and I was force to hard reset the computer when I booted my PC back up I found that my second hard drive had up and vanished on me So I went into my bios and saw it quot working quot I switch to ACHI to see if it ll make a difference but I got a BSoD so I left it at IDE At that point my computer gave me the option to quot repair windoe files quot or start normally Both options made my computer get stuck on the loading screen thankfully safe mode boots up fine So what could had caused this and how may I go about fixing it nbsp

A:Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I also swapped out the PSU with a spare I had lying around, didn't get any power from it so I reused my old one. Now I don't have power from that one either. So besides the "missing" HDD and a suddenly a "no longer working PSU "I'm assuming the motherboard is bad, opinions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-grounding-issue-invisible-hdd.211499/
Relevancy 18.92%

Ever since I setup a KVM switch to have 2 computers sharing 1 monitor/keyboard/mouse, I have had monitor problems.

There is a subtle but noticeable wobble/ wavey-ness thing happening across the screen when connected to one of my computers (my AMD).

Also, my display (with AMD computer) has a stretched horizontally look. I have tried different screen resolutions but they all give this stretched look which I didn't have before.

And my AMD used to give 1920 x 1080 as an option for max resolution, but this is now capped at 1600 x 1200.

Please help as this is very annoying & looks awful. The specs of the KVM switch say "Max. Resolution: 1920 x 1440. Bandwidth: 200MHZ"

My AMD computer:
Windows 7 64 bit SP1.
AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz.
4GB Ram.

Philips 226V3L.

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4350

A:KVM issue with monitor

What is the make and model of the KVM switch you purchased? I have tried lower quality switches at my work and found similar results. Ended up having to get one of the more expensive / better brand ones that solved the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kvm-issue-with-monitor.210931/
Relevancy 18.49%

My Dell has been acting up pretty recently (6 months old and still under warranty), and the battery does not charge past 80%. Once it get's near the 80% charge, it immediately fills up to 100%.

I've remembered using the laptop for more than 6 hours under moderate use but now it barely lasts 2 hours.

Please give me some advice because I'm really dependent on this laptop.

A:Dell Inspiron 3437 Battery Issue

You have 6 or 8 cells battery. If 6 it's normall. Should work about 2-max 3 hours when new. On 8 cells could work till 5 h.
Producers give only 6 months of warranty on bateries

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3437-battery-issue.210804/
Relevancy 18.06%

Many manufacturers have developed a touch-first approach to input devices, spurred by the rapidly evolving mobile revolution. Such methods work great on select devices but when it comes time to do some serious work, nothing has yet replaced the trusty...

Read more

A:Logitech's new MX Master Wireless Mouse said to be its best yet

Too bad they don't mention a left handed version.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitechs-new-mx-master-wireless-mouse-said-to-be-its-best-yet.210722/
Relevancy 18.49%

My current wireless router, a 10-year-old Linksys (Wirless-G 2.4 Ghz 54Mbps), is past it and I'm on the lookout for a replacement. I am in the UK.

There are several devices that connect to it:

Nokia Lumia 520
Motorola Moto G
Now TV box
Sony Vaio laptop with Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter
Dell Vostro 3750 laptop with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
IPad Mini 2 with Retina display

My ISP is Virgin Media and my current wireless router is connected to it's "Hub" (http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/broadband/explore/our-fastest-wireless.html)

As far as my home goes, the furthest any device is ever from the wireless router is about 10-12 metres. That involves passing through a one ceiling and a couple of walls. I've no idea about the materials used in the construction of the house.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend a good replacement wireless router.

A:Wireless router recommendations

Look for a MIMO (multiple in/out rf) they have at least two antennas and maybe three. These are more powerful and should do the job.

Also consider an EoP device (Ethernet over Power) which uses your house wiring as a transport so you can
get a switch at the far-end to connect

Here's mine:
Code:

primary router --- wired devices
|
+---- wired to EoP(master) . . . . house wiring . . . EoP(slave) --- switch or access point

If you're careful with the setup, everything will be on the same subnet and print/file sharing is viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-recommendations.210032/
Relevancy 18.49%

I recently got this amazing p monitor for my custom rig and I love it Well most of it There is this problem with the backlight where when the monitor turns on after a while of inactivity the backlight turns on Monitor Backlight ASUS an with Issue VK-248h for a split second Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight then suddenly goes very dim Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight The brightness setting Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight is unchanged kept at a solid yet it s a quarter as bright as it should be I can go into the menu and change the brightness and I can tell faintly that it does adjust but never up to the proper level To remedy the issue I repeatedly turn the monitor off and on until the display finally lights up properly and it stays that way for the entire time I am using it At the start of the session in which I write this post I had to do this at least times before it worked so I finally decided to really look into this problem It seems this is a unique issue as I found absolutely no matching posts on the interwebs by searching with the all-mighty Google Search Is there anyone that can provide some insight as to why this occurs and or how to fix it Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Issue with an ASUS VK-248h Monitor Backlight

New theory: Bad capacitors... somewhere. Possibly power supply

After a day at work, observing some coworkers working on used LCD TVs (and working on one myself), I now understand quite a bit more about such things.

I had removed the display from my setup and left it on the floor for a few days. Today, I decided to try it again. The backlight started up perfectly fine, surprisingly. The ASUS screen showed for a couple seconds, then went off, as normal. Then, when it's supposed to activate the selected display input, it shows the screen for just long enough to get half a frame drawn, then goes completely black. Turning monitor off and on repeatedly, and trying different input methods, gave same result. I got it to work once, but at that time the backlight had gone too dim again.

I think now I might know how to fix it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to take the dang thing apart! Lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-an-asus-vk-248h-monitor-backlight.209650/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi all,

I'm working on a XP machine. I think its slowness when installing apps (and also when its installation) is because of the HDD issue. Maybe there are bad sectors. I know that using C:\ drive properties -> tools, I can test the C: drive for bad sectors. But how to see the results!? It's wants me to restart the PC. Is there any log file after finishing of the test?
Is there any better way to find and solve the issue please?

A:HDD issue

The better way is to run a true diagnostic utility like SeaTools. Run a Long Generic test on the drive and see what happens (this will take a while).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.209045/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi All I have a strange one here I connect to the net via my Belkin router nothing special about the setup of the router My main pc however I have configured to use a static IP for downloading purposes I have used the same IPV settings for a number of years with no dramas Last night I switched on the PC and connected to the Internet but after a few minutes I got the no internet connection symbol yellow triangle I am connected via networking plugs also so tried the see if they were the issue but they are fine I ran the windows troubleshoot wizard and it came back with Your computer is trying to use a DNS server that is incorrect or doesn t exist I removed my static IP details and tried to connect by obtaining IP details automatically but this had no effect I used my phone s internet connection DNS Issue to google this DNS Issue and was advised to try which I then reinput my static ip details but this time putting the google dns settings and I can connect to the net The wierd thing is that my wifi will not connect to the net my DNS Issue question really is do I need to update the DNS setting in my router in order to get wifi working or should I be flushing DNS on pc the wifi is for my Ipad so not a lot DNS Issue I can do on that to connect Making my brain ache a bit sorry for the long post any help or advice would be appreciated Arvon nbsp

A:DNS Issue

Yes, you can set the DNS addresses in the router manually and then every device connected to that router will inherit your settings when they are configured to you DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-issue.208570/
Relevancy 18.49%

ALL I did was replace the almost dead batteries & now its a pita to click on something.
Its like the cursor is on ice, I move it up to click on a bookmark & it slides on by & I have to s l o w l y move it into the area.Its a wireless Microsoft mouse.

A:Odd wireless mouse behavior

Open Mouse by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware, and then clicking Mouse.
Click the Pointer Options tab, and then do any of the following: To change the speed at which the mouse pointer moves, move the Select a pointer speed slider towards Slow or Fast.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/odd-wireless-mouse-behavior.208493/
Relevancy 18.06%

I m doing this on my Toshiba laptop at the moment and you ll see why later in this post Earlier today I acquired an ASUS Z C notebook and had noticed that the keyboard is acting rather strange Certain keys will also register other keys when pressed Here s which ones react this ASUS Issue Z54C/X54C Mapping Keyboard way letters are not case sensitive U will also register Zero will register registers registers R W registers S ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue I I places a Date Stamp this might be the problem There may be others but I d like to move on to the behavior the way this behaves is if I press the key U then quot u quot or quot U quot will show up depending on ASUS Z54C/X54C Keyboard Mapping Issue if I press Shift or not The same thing happens if I press the key This is the same for all others if I press one or the other of these keys in question the other appears with it At first I thought this was a problem with the copy of Windows that was installed so I installed Windows Tech Preview I was going to do so anyway However this behavior did not go away Looking for help and I d be more than happy to resolve this problem I should note that not all keys behave this way but that the majority of them work fine It s just that this should not be happening to begin with I ve also pulled the keyboard out and inspected it I didn t see any dried fluids or any obstructions in the keys Should I perhaps consider replacing the keyboard Sadly I have no USB keyboards to see if the behavior is isolated to the laptops primary keyboard although using the On-Screen Keyboard doesn t elicit this behavior nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-z54c-x54c-keyboard-mapping-issue.208302/
Relevancy 18.49%

I am using an AT&T supplied 2wire homeportal 3801 hgv gateway for telephone and wireless functions. The Linksys RE1000 wireless-n range extender does not provide the range needed. Can a Linksys N900 or E3000 wireless N router be used as a repeater? If so, how are the gateway and router to be configured?

A:Using a wireless router as a repeater

Code:

modem ==>primary router (wifi on chnl 1)
|
(a lan slot)
|
+-----wired connection --(a lan slot) secondary router (wifi on chnl 11)

the secondary wan slot is left empty

* use the same SSID and password on both for simplicity
* config the secondary to NO use DHCP - - this forces the primary to do all assignments

full print/file share is functional in this setup ( I use it myself).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-wireless-router-as-a-repeater.208124/
Relevancy 18.49%

Have an unusual mark on screen at startup then green lines and pink but otherwise pc ok cannot upload jpeg image for some reason

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-issue-dell-1520.208131/
Relevancy 16.34%

HI all I am having problems detecting the Xonar Pheobus and have tried all and 5 Rampage Asus Phoebus Xonar issue Asus Extreme the pcie slots with no luck Red and the grey - even the shorter grey slot Have disabled the motherboard s HD onboard Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue sound too and still not detected in my devices The pcie cable is connected to the sound card and I have enough PSU to power all - Enermax W When the card is inserted to the grey slots - The red light Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue is seen through the control extension box Headphone Microphone Connector Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue box jack ports However the green light is NOT seen AND the Xonar Phoebus logo on the card itself is lit powered up However when I insert the card into the red pcie slots these lights are not on One this else I noticed is the card DOES go warm over some time so tells me it is not switched off I tried to install the driver and I get a message no card detected etc etc Is there anyone kind enough to advise me their BIOS settings etc who has managed to get the Xonar to work properly Did you have to adjust any BIOS settings from default to get the card to be recognised Printscreens would be cool if it is not too much of a bother Thank you in advance Kind regards Killershadow nbsp

A:Asus Xonar Phoebus and Asus Rampage 5 Extreme issue

The question(s) I have is ->
Am I missing anything when attempting to install the sound card? I have tried with no GPU drivers (including the Nvidia sound for the GTX 750 ti sc) / disabled onboard HD sound and still the sound card not detected.
Even in this motherboard, it should detect the sound card regardless of what sound source is set as default and then allow me to install it and set it as default (without messing about with the BIOS)?
Maybe my sound card has died when moving it from the last computer - Static death.....................
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-phoebus-and-asus-rampage-5-extreme-issue.208076/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello All I am having a bit of a strange issue that I have with CPU Motherboard or Strange issue never run into before Yesterday after getting home from the store I booted up my PC and started to play a game although I noticed that I was getting framerate stuttering It seemed to keep dropping a lot throughout my play So I started taking a look at some of my sensor utilities Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard When I opened Asus Probe II I noticed that it was telling me that one of my chassis fans weren t running Okay no problem it must have gone bad I than took at look at the frequency and noticed that my AMD FX- was only running at GHz per core I also checked CPUZ and had the same results So I booted to the bios just to take a look and noticed that it show my Chassis fan WAS running fine and that my frequency was at GHz per core as it should So I though that it must be a fluke Booted back into windows and again same issues So I shutdown and took the side off my case which is also where the Chassis fan it said was running is located Turned the computer back on and noticed the fan was running fine I logged into windows and noticed that seconds after windows logs in that one chassis fan turns off and the CPU underclocks to GHz multiplier All of the other fans in my case still running perfectly GPU running fine HDD s running fine Could it be possible that Asus probe II itself is underclocking my CPU If so what would be causing the fan to shut off My first thought was power-supply but I have no issues when stressing my hardware even in this state I am an IT consultant but have not run into this issue before Any help would be greatly appreciated PC Specs- ASUS m a r Motherboard AMD FX- CPU CoolerMaster HYPER N CPU Cooler Kingston HyperX Blu GB x Galaxy Geforce GTX Ti OC w PowerSupply Cougar Evolution Full Tower Case Samsung gb SSD Let me know if you need any other information nbsp

A:Strange issue with CPU or Motherboard

CPU temperature too high?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issue-with-cpu-or-motherboard.203184/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I have a Toshiba Portege r500 with no H/d & a second one for parts. When I went to take the H/D and pop it in I realized the H/D hook-up cables are different. The "parts laptop" has a "FMUSH1" cable connecting it to the sata drive. The newer Portege has a cable labeled " FMUPH2" (I'm assuming for an SSD?)

My Question is....Can easily swap them somehow or is there an adapter/converter possibly?

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

A:Fmuph2 HDD Cable Issue (Toshiba Portege R500)

So with more research I'm thinking I have a ZIF Tape (Cable) that previously connected to a 1.8 SSD which I now need to convert to a 2.5 sata connection.
I ordered a 24-Pin ZIF to SATA Adapter Connector Card off eBay. It comes with its own "ribbon" (Tape/cable whatever) as shown in the pic. Will I need to replace the ZIF from my mobo with it? or is it simply in case "you" need it?
Also just wondering could I have swapped out the sata ribbon (Fmush1) with the ZIF ribbon (Fmuph2) where they connect to the MoBo instead? (It's extremely difficult to get to on this model and the "clips" seem very fragile so I avoided attempting it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fmuph2-hdd-cable-issue-toshiba-portege-r500.207530/
Relevancy 19.35%

My pc was getting heated nd fan was a bit noisy.
so cleaned my fan in a shop .when I returned home hardly 10 min my pc worked then shut down
again I went der he saw fan was not moving he pushed it a bit nd it started moving it worked for me till this this evening but again when I shut it down fr a while it gave me the same issue I removed the keypad tried to move the fan with my fingers nd its working now .....
whats the main issue

A:Fan issue

The fan is old and needs to be replaced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-issue.207605/
Relevancy 18.92%

So I ve owned my P HM gaming laptop for around years now and for the most part I haven t had any issues However when I start my laptop it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet card even after switching my SSD to the position in the bios menu Normally this isn t that much of an issue as I can just cycle through the bios boot options using CTRL Laptop Boot issue ALT DEL The main issue that I am having now is that the last time I was using my laptop I used hibernate instead of the normal quot sleep quot or quot standby quot Now whenever I attempt to start my laptop up the message quot Resume from hibernate quot is on my screen which is normal except it tries to resume using the ethernet card If the laptop is in hibernate evidently I am not able to access the BIOS menu or cycle through my boot drives I have read that a way to fix this Laptop Boot issue might just be taking the battery out and letting any residual power that the motherboard might be running off of fade away over time I read that this normally only takes minutes or so I tried waiting minutes and it Laptop Boot issue didn t work so I just tried again but waited a few hours this time before putting the battery back in and attempting to start my laptop up The laptop is still attempting to boot from hibernate Does anyone know of any way to get to the BIOS menu from the hibernate screen Or does anyone know of anyway to fully shut off my laptop Laptop Boot issue to get rid of hibernate and just start up normally Any assistance would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Laptop Boot issue

it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet cardClick to expand...

This means that BIOS is not seeing any HD, marked Active and contains a bootable partition

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-boot-issue.207645/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,
I installed Win 7 32 bit on my Lenovo G519 laptop. Now I want to use my wireless Internet but can't find the way I can turn on that laptop!!
I tried Fn+F5 and also F5 but it's still turned off.
How to turn on wireless in that laptop please?

A:How to turn on wifi in Lenovo G510

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-turn-on-wifi-in-lenovo-g510.207096/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've upgraded to fiber abonement 35/35mb and my integrated network card can't take that much so I have to upgraded that part too and I was thinking about Linksys AE3000 Dual-Band usb adapter, as my budget is pretty tight right now.

Does anyone have any experience on how gaming will be wireless or if that is a decent card ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-gaming.207463/
Relevancy 18.49%

My wireless is not working on my computer, just a couple months ago I reset my computer using the ISO file, now my computer will only connect to the Ethernet cable. The wireless switch is on. I see a button near the VAIO button that shows a computer with signals coming off of it, I've tried pressing it but it doesn't do anything. Computer specs: VAIO Song Laptop with 6 GB Ram and 1 TB HDD.

A:Wireless network not working

Sounds like when you reset your computer the proper wireless drivers were not re-installed. I would start looking for a solution for this. What Operating System does it have (Windows 7 / Windows 8.1/ etc.)? Have you tried to remove the Wireless drivers and re-install those? How about downloading and installing updated drivers from the VAIO website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-not-working.206511/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi. This is my first post on this forum.

I would like to ask some help regarding a problem with my internet connection. Connecting our separate PC and my Laptop to my LAN works perfectly fine but when I use our wireless network to connect my laptop and phone, that's when the problem occurs. I tried rebooting the router (unplugging the power switch, cables and such). And I also tried rebooting my phone and laptop but nothing works. I also tried looking at the router settings and tried changing the security settings to none to see if I can connect but still cant.
I just don't know what the problem is. Can you help me?
Thank you.

A:Can connect to LAN but not on wireless network

Hey strings12. A bit more info on your equipment would be helpful.
1) What is the OS (Operating System) and Service Pack Level of your laptop, SP1,2,3 ?. rIght click on My Computer icon and select Properties
2) Are we talking about one laptop here?
3)Is your router secured and what encryption method are you using, WEP,WPA or WPA2

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-connect-to-lan-but-not-on-wireless-network.198872/
Relevancy 18.49%

I need help Okay so I hooked up all my parts last night with issue 560ti Crosshair and Video V Asus GPU to my ASUS Crosshair Formula V mobo and Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU when I boot it will not show any video whatsoever No beeps no video no nothing I have a ti in there right now because I wanted to test it before my new came in that I ordered yesterday Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU just wanted to see if the mobo was functional and all my other components were working Does anyone know why I would be getting no video I was thinking maybe I need to reset Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU the CMOS Some people told me to check the BIOS but how do I do that if I have zero video on my screen Any help would be great as I am at wit s end with this stupid computer it has not run right since I moved and it is extremely frustrating putting all this time and money into this thing with no results I used to have a Corsair Liquid CPU cooler but the pump died and I finally got fed up with Liquid Coolers and went with a Noctua heat sink instead Going to do some more testing after work but was hoping to get some tips from you guys I have other ti s I can test to see if that card is just dead but it was like midnight and just decided to give up for the night last night Also My motherboard doesn t have an on-board video port I don t believe I see none at least My PC was up and running with drivers loaded for this exact card before it went down the computer has just been sitting there for months I am using the same hard drive only thing that has changed is the Noctua cpu cooler being in place of the now dead Corsair H All the fans are running the video card fan is running the psu fan is running so it seems like everything is getting power Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more info please let me know nbsp

A:Video issue with Asus Crosshair V and 560ti GPU

Let's do this one step at a time, first no part of any computer lasts for ever. U said u had 2 other video cards, first, see if either one of them will work. If that does not work, it could be the slot in the mother board, try an other X16 slot. but honestly to me it sounds like the mother board is not working if u have a speaker plugged into it and assuming the speaker is working because normally there would be beeps if the motherboard is not sending a video signal.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-issue-with-asus-crosshair-v-and-560ti-gpu.206575/
Relevancy 18.49%

So I got this new Compaq Presario CQ57 with some upgraded graphics, upgraded processor, all that good stuff, but every time I try to do something or go online, after a while it just stops being connected. The Network and Sharing center says that I'm connected, and I haven't accidentally hit the button to turn Wi-Fi off, but it's seemingly at random and I don't know what to do. Any thoughts?

A:Wireless Laptop Sucks

What website? Try news.goolge.com and browse about there for awhile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-laptop-sucks.203931/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hey, so I have an OCZ ZT 750 and its one of the units which runs 100% fan noise when ever im doing anything that requires the GPU, ive seen you can run the fan into a molex with a resistor to keep it constant, but what I want to do is, run it to my fan controller, just so I can ramp the fan up if needed, rather than nailing down the performance.

What I found is the fan is a 2 Pin connector, but fan controllers run 3 pins, am I able to run the 2 pin into the 3 pin on the fan controller and have control over it, or does the 3rd pin need to be connected for it to work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-the-fan-pin-to-pin-connector.206390/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL for Internet. The modem is wiry (not wireless). I plug the Ethernet cable from that modem into my laptop for accessing Internet. Everything until now is OK. But I want use the Internet on my cell phone as well. For it I need to use the wifi card of the laptop, this time, as a sender, for wifi Internet accessing for the cell phone!

1- Is it possible?
2- If yes, How to configure that card please?

Thanks.

A:Using laptop as a wireless modem for wifi uses

What kind of phone do you have? If you have wifi, I don't understand why you can't go into the wifi setting on your phone, find wifi & amongst other possible networks should be yours.
Or just get the manual for it , online if need be & go for it. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-laptop-as-a-wireless-modem-for-wifi-uses.206334/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello,

I just finished assembling my first build. At first it turned on without a hitch, was able to install windows and a few drivers.

I had to restart a few times, which went fine for the first few times, and then it just didn't boot back up. The power button doesn't do anything, the fans don't start, nothing happens.

When I jump the psu, all the fans start, so I'm thinking the issue must be with the mobo..

Here's a list of all the parts I'm using : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JFVvD3

Thanks.

A:Mobo issue? Custom build won't start anymore

First, are any wires touching that might be causing a short such as a wire touching the back of the mobo? Second, I had something similar happen to me a few years ago with a new build. There is a tried and true though often tedious way that can help diagnose possible issues.

1. Remove all hardware except for one RAM stick from the motherboard and this includes Sata and fan connections to peripherals such as your SSD, etc,

2. Now see if the system boots with only the one RAM stick. If it boots then shut down add the second stick of RAM and then reboot. If it boots then repeat by adding a piece at a time.

3. If is doesn't boot then it is either your mobo or your power supply. Also, check to see if your heat sink is seated correctly.

BTW, nice little system there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-issue-custom-build-wont-start-anymore.205000/
Relevancy 18.06%

I m been having some network problems and I m really not sure to make of any of them Networking was never my strong point but I ve done everything I m capable of to try and diagnose and fix this problem So I have comcast and use my own router The last router I had was a netgear and needed replaced because it would restart itself randomly multiple times a day and I d be without internet for about - minutes at a time Instead network wireless Help connection diagnosing problems of trying constantly to fix it I just bought a linksys C to replace it with This problem started happening a little over a month ago and it manifests is self differently every time and the symptoms just don t at up in any logical way before I go out and buy a new router I want to ask you guys Obviously I get disconnected for about a minute at a time but Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems I also have long periods of just EXTREMELY slow internet Help diagnosing wireless network connection problems speeds I m talking mbps down to less than mbps The odd part comes in when I do a speed test during one of these drops in speed The speed test says I m getting all mbps of my connection but the youtube video I ll be watching will need to buffer Pages will also load very slowly but not all of them Techspot Youtube and Outlook all take forever to load during these slow downs but others will load just fine I can t figure out if this is the router or comcast It problem seems like it is a router problem because of me getting disconnected from my router but during these slow downs I can still access my router just fine and my internet speed will be displayed correctly I only have one computer connected to wifi so I can t test other machines What do you guys make of this Also what are some tests I can run to help diagnose this problem I m at wits end about this whole thing The disconnects seems to have stopped when I changed channels in my router to channel but I m still having this severe slow down issue Also as a side note I recently upgraded to xfinity and it came with a new modem These slowdowns have been occurring on both modems which leads me to believe it is the router Here is what I ve tried doing so far gt upgrading firmware gt changing ethernet cables gt changing modems gt changing wireless cards gt adjusting channels gt using different types of security WEP MAC WPA gt reinstalling windows gt using different browsers nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-wireless-network-connection-problems.204969/
Relevancy 18.92%

My brothers schoolwork laptop is frozen the problem occured like 2 days ago were the laptop seemed to be freezing for a couple of minutes and now when he trys to switch it on

Bios is not booting up.

and the only options he gets is launch in repair safe mode and start windows normally. which end up both the same in a black screen and a little black cursor with nothing to do but move the cursor.

after this happened my first reaction was for a complete format so I tried to install him a new copy of windows but my bootable device isnt even being recognized by the system it always ends up in the same screen for the windows startup.

edit ok so I dug a little more.psh..never had a laptop and found out the bios is on the asus logo screen.....well anyhow I booted up the system from the pendrive and the result is always the same the black screen with cursor only

A:Laptop Issue

The laptops hard drive has failed...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue.204852/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello:

I know there are a million of these posts however, I couldn't find my specific problem. I have an Xbox 360 wireless controller connected to my PC. Normally the light indicating 1 is light. This lasts for about 5 seconds. Then the light for controller 4 lights at the same time and then 2 and 3 and then 1 and 4 and so on (this happens very quickly). During all this time the controller works fine. Except that every once in a while it disconnects (no lights). Pressing the xbox button inmediately connects it again but is very annoying.

Any help what might be the issue? Also, it worked fine before. Ive just stopped using it for a while and when I went to use again, the problem started.

Thanks for any help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-wireless-controller-disconnects-from-pc.204770/
Relevancy 18.49%

I've recently built a new computer for myself and has been running perfect for a few months. A couple days ago whilst gaming/browsing my monitor went into power safe mode and shortly after my computer shut off, I tried to start up again only to have the same problem occur , the only old parts were a graphics card and psu, I just got in a new gpu and installed it successfully. Same problem occurs. All fans are running properly including the heatsink , processor core temps are around 39 , everything seems to be running ok? Thoughts?

A:Very strange custom computer issue

Check event viewer to see why it shut down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/very-strange-custom-computer-issue.204679/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello I own a Windows PC LG Optimus X Sony Xperia U Samsung Galaxy Tab Xiaomi MI All of these are connected to my Router via WiFi and they work like a charm I recently purchased G-Box Does WGR614 Not Wireless-N Allow MX2 Router Netgear G-Box 150 Midnight Midnight MX All The Way From US - India THE PROBLEM Does Not Connect Over WiFi But Works Perfectly Over Ethernet Cable The device currently connected to my TV and I am using an Ethernet Cable connected to my Router recognizes my router name But when I enter the password it says connecting for - seconds and nothing happens When the Ethernet Cable was already connected and when I tried to connect via WiFi the device prompted a message that it cannot connect to the Router via Cable and WiFi at the same time So I ve tried all the Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 ways possible by removing the Ethernet Cable What I ve Done MAC Address Already Added To Router s Attached Devices Disconnected Switched Off A Hundred Times Tried All Security Options On Router None WPS Security Key Blah Blah Blah Also Installed WiFi Fixer using Ethernet I don t know what s happening but I could see something Connecting Disconnecting Connecting Disconnecting FYI I Earlier Tried To Connect A Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 Dell Laptop and it showed Limited No Connectivity The Laptop was at my place only for a day so we managed by Ethernet and never bothered when it did not connect over WiFi The same problem occurred when I tried to make my PC Wireless by using a WiFi Adapter I tried tried tried but Netgear WGR614 Wireless-N 150 Router Does Not Allow G-Box Midnight MX2 ignored as it was not a requirement But Now I m Helpless I Need This Device To Connect via WiFi Please Help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-wgr614-wireless-n-150-router-does-not-allow-g-box-midnight-mx2.204470/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi , my wifi dosent open facebook or browser but it can open watsapp , viber ..... etc and when I connect my pc to it torrent work fine and download but dosent open any page on browser so please help

A:Problem with tp-link N wireless router

Are you sure FB isn't blocked in Egypt (I see that you are from there via your profile)? That could be the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-tp-link-n-wireless-router.204205/
Relevancy 18.06%

Okay next Monday (July 21st) I go in for a hernia operation, I am going to be laid up for awhile and thankfully I have a laptop I can use while recovering upstairs in my bedroom. I can access my Netgear router but the signal is not that strong (bedroom and downstairs office are on opposite corners).

So I have been pondering getting either an Access Point or a Extender for the upstairs but there are so many to choose from I am not sure what to choose nor what brand because the reviews are strongly mixed regardless of who the manufacturer is.

My Needs:
1. Both 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz. I've looked at this one but I am not sure: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

2. Something simple to set-up.

3. It must work with WPA security. The above one I linked to, after firther research does not do well with WPA.

A:Access Point or Extender for Upstairs Wireless?

Really NEED 5ghz? dual band systems seem to impact the reliability AND the distance reached.
You could lock it down to use only 2.4Ghz and improve the reliability.

I solved my distance issue using an EoP device and then any WiFi router at the remote end.
That's TWO purchases; The EoP master/slave pair to get wired access into the remote location and then the WiFi router itself. I've always been partial to Netgear and bought their EoP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/access-point-or-extender-for-upstairs-wireless.203893/
Relevancy 19.35%

My mother in law gave me her old computer because it would start for a few seconds then stop and continue to repeat the process until she unplugged it. I only wanted it for the extra hard drive. After installing the hard drive into my computer (wanting to format it then clone it since it is larger than the one I currently have) it caused my computer to start and stop even being set as a secondary or slave. If I completely unhook it from my computer and start it up again, My normal set up works fine. Any ideas about what could cause this?

A:HDD issue

There is only one answer, the drive has gone bad. Chances are the rest of the machine may still be good.

Will the old machine attempt to boot without a drive? Does it come up to a boot drive not found error? If it does, the HDD was the whole trouble.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-issue.203400/
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a Windows 8.1 Laptop and yesterday it said I had no connections.
My computer is wireless but then it went to Ethernet it didn't let me connect to anything either.
I tried looking things up to see how to fix it but it just kept talking about buying cables.

Anyone know whats wrong?

A:How to fix Windows Laptop When it goes from wireless to ethernet

You may try to disable your Ethernet adapter (wired connection) while you're connected via a wireless connection through your wireless adapter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-windows-laptop-when-it-goes-from-wireless-to-ethernet.203484/
Relevancy 18.06%

I created a wireless coverage map using a device.
Does my coverage map apply just for that device or does that coverage apply to other devices?

I want to improve wireless coverage both indoors and outdoors.
What is the best way to do that?
Do I need a device for both indoors and outdoors to improve the signal strength?

Money is not an issue. I want the best solution.
Thank you!

A:How Can I Amplify Wireless Coverage Indoors and Outdoors?

WiFi range is limited by two primary factors

Frequency (lower travels further)

RF power output
Max range is therefore achieved by staying in the 2.4ghz band and not allowing the newer 5ghz AND using a wifi router with good RF output. It seems to follow that the higher the RF output, the shorter the life of the router.

The MIMO (multiple-in, multiple-out) class routers (ie has more than one antenna)
will deliver the best.

There are Range Extenders which are just 'repeaters' and boost the RF from that specific location.

If you daisy chain a primary, one secondary and add a range extender, I suggest using the same SSID for each, but unique RF channels to reduce interference.
{eg primary on 1, secondary on 6, extender on 11}

NOW the $64 question: What's the need for range over open ground?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-amplify-wireless-coverage-indoors-and-outdoors.203304/
Relevancy 18.49%

First of all hello from a new user, I have a problem with my computer but I need help to nail it down to one part (I think it's the graphics card, but who am I to tell).
A friend of mine said people over here are very nice and competent so why not try to get help here.

Long story short, I played a game, Velvet Assassin, that is rather buggy (I.e. it didn't let me change the resolution to my native 1680x1050).
After some time the screen started flickering in complete white with some color bars here and there. I thought it was another bug on newer systems and changed the resolution; the problem seemed resolved.

Until my little brother started to play Forge of Empires, that little browser game, where the problem again occured at an even faster rate.

I hope you can help me, I made a short video of the issue, I know it's not of best quality, but maybe it helps.
Thank you in advance

A:Asus HD 6870, flickering issue

Have you tried updating your drivers? Also could you please post the make and model of your laptop /desktop and the system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-hd-6870-flickering-issue.203121/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi, not great with computers and had a look around at various forums and can't find a solution to my problem.

Essentially, whilst I can view the wireless network connections available, I cannot connect to the wireless connection I want to although all other computers at home can connect.

I think the issue is that I have no IP address on this computer (using Windows XP that has just been reinstalled). The result of ipconfig/release is:
No operation can be performed on Wireless Network Connection 2 while it has its media disconnected.

Sorry if further information is required, will provide whatever is needed. Thanks for any help!

A:Wireless Connection Media Disconnected (Windows XP)

First disconnect any wired connection and THEN attempt the wifi.
Something called DHCP is responsible to give the PC an IP address and also the DNS addresses (regardless of wired or wireless).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-media-disconnected-windows-xp.203103/
Relevancy 18.06%

My living arrangement has it so that my computer is about 25 yards away from the router. I have high speed internet, and if I'm on a laptop right next to the router, I can easily get 30 mb/s. But when I'm at my computer which is 25 yards away, I get speeds of about 8 mb/s or less (often 1 - 2 mb/s).

The router and wireless adapter that I have both seem to be top tier, but I'm not sure:
http://amzn.to/1pcUvtF
http://amzn.to/1oiLkbI

My question is, are there any *significantly* better options than the ones I just linked, as far as signal distance? Or is the current technology in routers and wireless adapters limited?

A:The max range of wireless routers and adapters

To directly answer your question: No.

What should help you out: Drop it to 2.4Ghz rather than 5. That will get you increased range, and through that at a fixed range - faster speeds. You'll lose the ability to run 802.11ac and have to fall back to 802.11n, but you'll be happier since you weren't getting ac speeds anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-max-range-of-wireless-routers-and-adapters.203058/
Relevancy 18.49%

You can see several wireless charging transmitters with QI standard in the market now, QI standard is released by Wireless Power Consortium. The advantage of wireless charger is quick-acting charging, you just need to put your phone on it, and then the phone will get full of power through the magnetic induction. A superior and rapid charging experience without any wires, it is ideal for travelling. However, the wireless charging technology isn?t stable enough now, the speed of it is slower than wired charging. Another problem is heat problem, and it directly leads to the slower charging speed, so what is your comment on wireless charger?

A:Wireless charger

Wireless charging will never be as efficient as a direct connection. And with that said it counters the concept of going green. It is as ridiculous as having 4K resolution on a tablet. People want it because it is new and nobody else has it. Like 4K, wireless charging can be useful but not as a replacement for everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-charger.202857/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi all

I have got a new desktop PC, which works fine with Ethernet but I am not able to connect through wireless.When I tried to connect to the broadband, it says error connecting to the Broadband connection
Error 651: The modem (or other connecting device) has reported error. However, same comnnection works very well with my vista home premium Dell Laptop.

Thanks in advance
Pxray

A:HP Pavillion PC with windows 8 works ethernet works well but not able to connect through wireless

How to reset TCP/IP by using the NetShell utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavillion-pc-with-windows-8-works-ethernet-works-well-but-not-able-to-connect-through-wireless.202705/
Relevancy 18.49%

My dad was putting some paper into his printer and had apparently put the paper in too far. When he tried to print something it jammed up and the printer had abruptly shut off. I have tried leaving it unplugged for a while and plugging it back in however, the printer WILL NOT turn back on at all.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3510-printer-issue.202348/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a D-Link DSL-2741B router, Internet via LAN cable is working normally but over wereless me the real problem can not be conect.Try I have a laptop and a mobile phone. I reset the router and re-configured, but still can not connect to wereless.Of laptp I did a new system of Windows 8, installed new drivers, I've tried but will.Problems originated from before 2-3 days. Please help if someone has a solution. thank you

PS: Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated.

A:I can not connect to wireless

Look at the device manager (CP->Computer Mgmt->device mgr) and expand [+] Network adapters. If there are yellow or red marks, then the driver is at fault.

If not, then it's the settings of one of these:

the adapter
the firewall
the router

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-not-connect-to-wireless.202161/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi gang. My usb modem HAS to be unplugged then plugged in for it to work?
Even if PC is off when I do this it will automatically start/connect when windows(7) loads and will work normally. If I don't do this I can not get it to work?
'device mngr' shows it as an 'unknown device'?
I have reinstalled it to no avail.

A:USB wireless issue

Are you talking about a modem or a usb network adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-wireless-issue.201928/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello. my rig is

fx 4100 4.53ghz
amd r9 270
corsair 600w gs600 gaming series psu
ocz vertex 3 90gb boot drive
240gb samsung 840 ssd
500 gb seagate hdd
1866mhz kingston hyperx ram
asus sabertooth fx990 r2.0
so my issue is this. I can overclock the r9 just fine, run benchmarks and whatnot. everything runs stable. I have clocked it as far as 1100 core and 1600 memory. everything ran stable on heaven and 3dmark vantage and things like msi kombustor to check for stability. as soon as I went into a game, it went bsod. so I figured ok. oc too high. I dropped it abit, tried again. same result. I continued reducing the core and memory till it went down to stock, and then it runs stable. any increase in core or memory by even 1 mhz, will cause it to crash in game. drivers are all up to date, bios, things like that all up to date. any suggestions as to why games don't like it? its multiple games as well. me1, 2, 3, swtor, wow etc. thanks

A:Gpu oc issue

Well if the overclock if causing the issue, chances are it can seem stable but then turn out to not be because a certain area is stressed more than on benchmarks or other games. Normally I would suggest working on bumping up the core clock first before memory and then checking stability because thats the easiest part to focus on at first. Memory can cause distortions and other issues like a BSOD just because you stressed it just enough to cause an issue.

Try moving just the core clocks and voltage up first, then work on the memory once you have that stable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-oc-issue.201838/
Relevancy 18.49%

Not sure if this is the correct section to post this question.
I have a desktop PC which is using 'Clear Wireless' as my internet connection.
If I set up another desktop PC in another room.....how do I get it to also use the same wireless connection?
This might sound like a silly question, but when you get my age, your lucky if you can remember what day it is.

A:Wireless connection?

"Clear Wireless" appears to be a service of Sprint. and also WiMAX
meaning you don't have a Modem or Router but take your connection directly off the radio waves - - can you confirm?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection.201898/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue connecting to my wireless network with my computer. Things were working fine until a few weeks ago when the wifi on my computer stopped connecting; now I can only get internet through a wired connection (although the fact I can do this is strange to me). My rooommate is not having any issues with the wireless whatsoever. I have a fairly new acer aspire s7 which has no difficulties connecting to any other wireless network while I am at campus or have gone home for the weekend. I'm at a loss as to how to fix this issue as it has become impossible to do any form of research while I am at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jay

A:Laptop issue connecting to wireless internet but connects w/ LAN

Posibilities are your wireless signal is not in range or the wireless router is full of user who are connected to it, or it surpasses the user's limit.. how many user's has wifi connected to the wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-issue-connecting-to-wireless-internet-but-connects-w-lan.201675/
Relevancy 18.92%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going on...lol thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-evga-gtx-660-superclocked.201615/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, yesterday I was using my computer and I shut it off. When I came back a few hours later, the wifi couldn't connect, and, unlike most times life this, it displayed an ethernet symbol with a red 'x' opposed to the normal wireless symbol with an 'x'. My computer stopped connecting to any wireless, though works fine with ethernet.

It is a Lenovo Ideapad with Windows 8

I've tried rebooting (I'm clueless, but not that clueless), updating the OS, uninstalling and reinstalling the computer's drivers along with some more far-fetched stuff (I got desperate) such as removing the battery, waiting a few hours, and plugging it back in, but nothing has worked.

If anyone can help, that would be amazing, thanks!

A:Internet problems on my Lenovo

trekzone said:

Hi,

Seems your WIFI adapter is being disabled. try enabling the device in your device manager or with the Fn+function key provided in your laptop.Click to expand...

That doesn't seem to be the problem, the adapter is enabled and the computer is not in airplane mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-problems-on-my-lenovo.201378/
Relevancy 18.06%

Small office - 3 computers, 2 plugged into router, 1 wireless. Can I have two networks, one for office use, another for customers, that way they can't see our data files?

A:Have Linksys Wireless-N router, can I have two networks?

I'll look into that at office AM. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-linksys-wireless-n-router-can-i-have-two-networks.201605/
Relevancy 18.92%

What command do I type in Command Prompt if I want to use Last Known Good configuration

A:Laptop recovery issue

Boot into Safe Mode (F8), that's where the option is located

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recovery-issue.201476/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi All,

I am having a issue with my new router (Tenda W150D Router), its not giving me access for uploading any files through wi fi on my iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive), even I tried the same with vlc upload feature in iphone still it doesnt work......

I think the issue is with the firewall in the router which I cannot access normally from the router setup...

guys pls help.. any comments are welcome

A:Tenda W150D Router Issue

Hmm; accessing a website is an outbound action thru the firewall on port 80.
A site with file uploading uses the same port 80 as normally used for surfing the web.

We need more data to analyze the problem
?What URL are you accessing for the upload?

from this "iphone 5s using app (Wireless Drive)", I assume the data moves this way:
ISP==router -- wifi to your 5S: using an app called Wireless Drive​?can you confirm this please?

?are you sure you're accessing the router and NOT attempting upload via the cellular connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tenda-w150d-router-issue.201199/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hello, I'm new here. I'm trying to fix my sons Asus laptop. it won't connect wirelessly but will connect via ethernet cable. device manager has exclamation point beside network controller. I cannot download drivers for it. can you help?

A:Asus X53E network controller issue/no wireless

"I cannot download drivers for it"... Why? Can you get the driver from here:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&s=114&m=X53E&os=&hashedid=mDFYFQWEpTitMwA6
If the driver won't install, the Wifi card may be bad... Something that doesn't happen very often

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-x53e-network-controller-issue-no-wireless.201175/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey guys I had some contractors doing some work on my house today and they needed to shut the circuit off to the room my computer was in The computer was on at the time so it shut off when the power was cut Now it won t go back on Power button does nothing at all and I don t know if it s the power supply mobo or switch I ve got a power supply tester which causes my computers fans to start up when it s plugged in so the power supply does respond not Power mobo button working... issue? The results are in the attached file It shows LL which means to low to register voltage for the - V line I honestly don t know if I even have that line so I don t know if that s bad I attached the label on my power supply too Would Power button not working... mobo issue? no voltage cause a computer to completely not respond Because the fans DO start up when the power supply tester is plugged in I don t think the switch is the problem because I tried to short the power switch jumpers with a paper clip and nothing happened I also took the CMOS battery out for a while and then tried it again and that didn t work Any ideas on whether I need a mobo or a power supply I don t have an extra PSU around to test with but I may try to find one before ordering a new mobo thanks in advance -mike nbsp

A:Power button not working... mobo issue?

Not the switch. Could be the motherboard or PSU, but I don't have any good insight.

I would unplug the PSU and flip the 120/240V switch to 240V, then flip it back before plugging it in. To me, this doesn't make any logical sense, but over about 16 years of playing with PCs I have seen it work twice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-button-not-working-mobo-issue.201009/
Relevancy 18.06%

Wired & Wireless Connections simultaneously

The question is how to configure LAN connections on PCs

please see attached file for details
https://www.dropbox.com/s/eoo80ew849wti9d/HomeNetworkConfigQuestion.jpg

A:Wired & wireless connections simultaneously

Hey AttTio. Is your diagram correct?. I see the connection from the switch going to one pc that's wired and another that is connected wirelessly. What happens if you connect both pc's straight to the router?. You could have a bad switch or the cable between the router and switch is bad if you get no connection in Ethernet mode as shown

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wired-wireless-connections-simultaneously.200782/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi all I m hoping you might be able to guide me in diagnosing what the problem is with my editing workstation Specs Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz C RAM GB Triple-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd X A-UD Socket C Graphics MB GeForce GTX EVGA C Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD HLHX- JJPV SATA C GB Seamus SATA GB Western Digital WDC WD EARS- Z B SCSI Disk Device SATA C Optical Drives PIONEER DVD-RW DVR- D ATA Device have attached rest of Speccy TXT file I ve had a range of problems from random BSOD to general instability slow downs rebuild, PC issue etc) numerous Help diagnosing (after reinstalls, to very slow internet to HDMI output of video card not working OCCT tests said occt core over maximum value I have formatted and reinstalled Windows twice tested no problems and even reseated ram - which seemed to work for a time Help diagnosing PC issue (after numerous reinstalls, rebuild, etc) When problems started again I bit the bullet and paid someone to check it rebuild update BIOS and reinstall Windows which AGAIN seemed to fix the problems for a time this was doubtless a waste of time and money It s caused so much grief that I d move on and buy an entirely new machine - but I m too stubborn I want to get to the bottom of the hardware issue which is hopefully a component that needs to be upgraded anyway and can get on with my life So I m hoping people can give me guidance to run tests and diagnose exactly what the hell is broken in this box Thanks in advance Morgan nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-diagnosing-pc-issue-after-numerous-reinstalls-rebuild-etc.200246/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello everyone,

I'm using windows 7 on my pc and try to connect to my home wireless connection .
every time I try to connect and enter the password, it won't be connected.
However, I'm using my laptop and phone to connect and it worked properly.

Please help my problem
Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 unable to connect to wireless connection

How is your wireless Configured. I have seen many issues when using mixed mode in certain Linksys or Cisco Products. What kind of adapter are you using on y our PC for wireless Connection? Has it ever worked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-unable-to-connect-to-wireless-connection.199928/
Relevancy 18.06%

Are you having a problem with your Internet connection or Wi-Fi? Whatever the problem ? from a flaky connection to Wi-Fi troubles or even no access to the Internet at all ? some router troubleshooting could fix things.

Some of this also applies to your modem, although many Internet service providers are handing out combined router-modem units these days. Your wireless router and modem may actually be the same device.

Reboot the Router Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-troubleshoot-wireless-router-problems.199886/
Relevancy 15.91%

Hi Could you please tell me if this is possible:
My computer is connected to a wireless network. Can I hook up my D-link (DIR-412) to my computer and use the internet from the computer to output another wireless area?

Thanks sounds complicated.

A:Connected to WIFI and want to extend wifi with another wireless router

Where you live is your setup like this?

Internet
Modem
WiFi Router

or

Internet
Modem with built-in WiFi Router

If you want extend the WiFi you would get WiFi Access Point. Or you can take a WiFi Router and disable NAT, SPI, DCHP, then you create a static IP address. 192.168.x.50

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connected-to-wifi-and-want-to-extend-wifi-with-another-wireless-router.199845/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have three Macbook Pros and two PCs at home. When the PCs are connected to the WiFi the internet slows down for just the MacBooks. When the Macbooks are on and not the PCs they run at fast speed. Is there a way to limit the bandwidth for each device, or would there be something else to do to fix the problem? I need help!

A:Wireless Connection Issues

QoS settings in the router webpage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-connection-issues.199808/
Relevancy 27.95%

I ve set up the with Shuts Laptop 2 Down 201X Monitors External Thinkpad laptop to work with external ThinkVision L monitors using Windows Professional One is connected via the VGA monitor port on the laptop the other is connected via VGA to a Lenovo DisplayLink USB Port Replicator model VDK -- with drivers updated Both monitors are working well and available when the laptop lid is closed The issue is that after the screen saver period completes the laptop powers down completely I d like it to just shut off the screen and resume on mouse movement The laptop is used with external monitors when it s plugged in -- Thinkpad 201X Laptop Shuts Down with 2 External Monitors and the power settings are Balanced profile Display turns off after hours Screensaver starts after minutes Computer goes to sleep - Never Hard disk off - Thinkpad 201X Laptop Shuts Down with 2 External Monitors never Internet Explorer Javascript Timer Frequency - Maximum Desktop background settings available Wireless Adapter Settings Max Performance Sleep - Never Hybrid Sleep Off Hibernate After Never Allow Wake Timers Disable USB Selective Suspend Disabled Intel Graphics Power Plan Balanced Power Buttons amp Lid Lid closed - Do nothing Power Button - Sleep Sleep Button - Sleep PCI Express - Moderate Power Multimedia - When sharing media - prevent idling to sleep When playing video - Optimize video quality Does anyone know why this is happening and a way to prevent it Thanks nbsp

A:Thinkpad 201X Laptop Shuts Down with 2 External Monitors

This is a tough one. Have you made any progress on this issue?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinkpad-201x-laptop-shuts-down-with-2-external-monitors.199660/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have a problem with a batch of Dell optiplex 980's, for some reason the Main boards fail at a alarming rate.

According to Dell it is the memory controller that fails.

Error Lights 1,3,4 are on nothing on screen, power led solid blue about 10 error beeps!

Dell tech replaced the main boards and all is fine for a while but same problem persists.

Also according to Dell level 6 tech, it could be over heating, I had some fun proving them wrong, two PC's sealed in a box , hammering them, Temp between 85 Celsius - 90 Celsius in the sealed enclosure, optical drive started melting, cooled the PC's for a day and powered back on, no problems!!

Does any one out there maybe have a issue similar to this on the optiplex 980, main board failures?

A:Motherboard failure issue on Dell Optiplex 980

Dell Optiplex 980 Lights 134 on no screen

Yes I have exactly the same problem. Turned PC on this morning lights 134 on plus blue power light but no screen at all. Still under warranty, phoning dell in the morning - I will keep you posted

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-failure-issue-on-dell-optiplex-980.169232/
Relevancy 18.92%

After Broni s series of attempts to help me in THIS THREAD he suggested that I may have a video chip or motherboard issue NOTE I am on issue motherboard Possible a Chromebook now and am trying to clean my fiance s laptop He just got it back from a local tech shop on windows reinstall - he downloaded some nasty viruses via email attachments we believe BAD BAD BOY and I tried to reinstall windows on my own times but the acer discs would not complete the reinstall so we took it to the shop By he d managed to get reinfected but I don t know if it was residual from the previous infection My latest thread to him following his instructions to go into System Recovery mode was After some Googling re not being able to start the Acer the only way I could figure Possible motherboard issue out how to get past the screen with several vertical lines comprised of the little horizontal lines like my earlier video shows let s call it my HVLinePattern for shorthand was to take out battery for over minutes while unplugged the whole time press down power for seconds plug back in reboot and I could F and F but NOT F At some point I got a single set of short beeps cpu failure wild guess per http www fixya com support t -acer aspire laptop problems booting I cannot seem to reproduce these beeps tho I tried to let the laptop Possible motherboard issue start up in regular mode and kept looping the acer logo with options to F or F at the bottom vs a brief flash of black screen until I powered it down with the power button I rebooted tried to F and got what I interpret to be long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by the HVLinePattern screen I powered down and rebooted then hit F chose boot by disc took a screenshot but it s in video format oops can add later if necessary hit F and changed to boot order screenshot on my google drive -bit ly foRTDf put my windows install disc in the drive recovery disc of crossed my fingers rebooted got what I interpret to be long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by the HVLinePattern screen I then took out battery for over minutes while unplugged the whole time pressed down power for seconds plugged back in rebooted and long short beeps immediately followed by long short beeps immediately followed by long short beepsimmediately followed by the HVLinePattern screen I rebooted a few times and shot a little video LINK ON YOUTUBE while I observed the same pattern of beeping Riveting stuff Click to expand As I expressed to Broni I m not terribly optimistic we ve already began the process of shopping for a replacement Now that I know the beeps have a significance I m a bit agitated that the tech shop ignored the HVLinePattern screen and the beeps they likely also heard Oh well At any rate if you have any insights I d be so very appreciative If not I truly understand that my fiance managed to do too much damage by not getting help quickly enough and or by clicking on an especially malicious piece of malware We just hope we can take steps to avoid it again in the future Thank you nbsp

A:Possible motherboard issue

Sorry! must've been half asleep when I posted this under MOBILE COMPUTING ... meant to put it in PROCESSORS AND MOTHERBOARDS and just did so. If there's a way I can delete my original post above, let me know so I can learn the RIGHT WAY to take advantage of this valuable resource.

Moderator note: Irwynn, I moved your post here to a more appropriate subject forum IMO.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-motherboard-issue.199691/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello Everyone !
Right now I am using a broadband connection as my Internet connection and I have a dsl modem which is wi-fi capable. Two of my frnds share the same Internet connection through wi-fi. The problem is whenever any of us watching YouTube videos or downloading something, the whole speed is consumed by that particular computer. I know that many new modems have the capability to limit the bandwidth usage these days but mine is an older one. So I was wondering if there is any way I can limit the bandwidth for each computer.
Thanks !

A:How to limit the bandwidth for each computer on a wireless network?

You have to have a modem you can log into an has that type of feature. If you are wired into the network, you should be able to limit the wireless bandwidth and keep your wired bandwidth up. Normally go into the modem, go to setting and wireless setting to limit it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-limit-the-bandwidth-for-each-computer-on-a-wireless-network.193175/
Relevancy 25.37%

I want to buy a Lenovo a850..but I want to know if lenovo smartphone got any problem??
is this model is good?

A:Lenovo A850

This is a good review to take a look at for your consideration:
http://www.igadgetnews.com/2013/08/26/lenovo-a850-quad-core-phone-review/

I don't know anyone who owns the or Lenovo phones in general so I can personally say much. However, reading the specs and online reviews, its a decent phone with some decent specs (Has a quad core processor inside) so it cant be too bad. A lot of reviewers say its a good phone, but I cant tell you from experience, hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-a850.198334/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi Guys I have owned a pair of Steelseries H Fanatic Editions for a while now and I ve really enjoyed them reason I m looking for something new is due to me dropping them a few times and now the right earcup doesn t work all the time Now to all the Audiophiles out there please do not recommend an external Amp DAC and some ridiculous Audiophile grade headphones for the same price that is NOT what I m after I have that stuff already and tried using an external microphone etc I do not like that setup for games I build gaming PC s for quite a few of my friends and family They Steelseries Siberia vs 9H Wireless vs H Elites all choose gaming headsets from a range of brands so I get to try out various headsets Something I can agree with Linus is that Steelseries is one of the brands that quot get it quot the sound quality is very good Steelseries Siberia Elites vs 9H vs H Wireless they re not disappointing like Razer headsets for example Now the different headsets I ve listed in the topic title are on my quot possible candidates quot list but making a decision has become increasingly difficult I ve never had an issue with Steelseries build quality I ve used my H s every single day for hours at a time and they ve never let up until I dropped in on concrete several times NOW MY QUESTION Does anyone here own any of the listed headsets Or anyone who has experience with all According to Linus the H Wireless has better sound quality than the Siberia Elites But I ve also been told the H is the wired version of the H Wireless Can anyone confirm any of this From the spec pages on Steelseries it seems the H uses different drivers than the H-Wireless and also do the H-Wireless really sound that much better over the Siberia Elites Any advice or guidance would be appreciated I do not want to spend any more than the H Wireless is on the headset the wireless isn t that important for me and the ability to plug in consoles or pretty much anything isn t the be all end all BUT I can definitely use it Thanks nbsp

A:Steelseries Siberia Elites vs 9H vs H Wireless

Hi Burty
I am currently in the same predicament I too have a 7H currently, I received the 9H for Xmas and whilst they are pretty nice & they sound good, they are not very loud at all. I think I'm going to get the Siberia Elite and see what they are like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steelseries-siberia-elites-vs-9h-vs-h-wireless.199124/
Relevancy 18.92%

I have a 2TB My Book Live that I and my housemates use to store media. Initially I was the primary contributor to the drive, and at that time there were no issues. Eventually, someone else began adding files to the server. Since then, any folder that someone else has added files to cannot be accessed by me unless I am logged in as a guest. If I log in as an administrator the folders show up but are greyed out. This only happened with one user. I am running a Mac, and they were using Windows, but other Windows users have added files without causing this issue. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if anyone knows of a workaround other than always logging out as administrator when I want to access those folders.

Thanks for any help

A:WD My Book Live issue

This appears to be an issue on how the drive was formatted and hard disk permissions. Before I go through a bunch of steps to fix, since this is an older post, is this still an issue or have you resolved it?!

Post back please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-my-book-live-issue.196247/
Relevancy 18.92%

OK, so I have a stable network connection through my modem at all times and of which is currently hard wired to my desk top. Every hour or so I seem to lose connection to the internet through my pc but the modem still shows a stable signal (online light stays on) I run the trouble shooter for internet and get nothing most times so I end up having to re-boot the pc to get connection back. I'm not the most tech savy so any suggestions on how to get this fixed step by step instructions would be VERY helpful !

A:Internet connection issue

First I would try replacing the Ethernet cable being used to connect the modem & PC. Next, if there are other "LAN" ports in the modem, plug into a different port. After that I would try pinging the default gateway (ip address of the modem) with an infinite ping and watch to see if there are dropped packets. if there are multiple dropped packets, then it could be a bad network card in the PC or a bad port in the modem.

to infinite ping, open the command prompt and type the following:

ping <ip address of modem> -t (c:\ping 192.168.1.1 -t)

to make the ping stop press: Control C look at the results and see if you have dropped packets. Here's a look at mine after 10 pings

C:\>ping 192.168.10.1 -t

Pinging 192.168.10.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.10.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.10.1:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms
Control-C
^C
C:\>
Hope this helps, post back!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-issue.199470/
Relevancy 18.92%

I am new to upgrading my PC, but I have some experienced friends and I have stumped them all with my issue. I installed a new MSI Twin Frozr III R7850 graphics card in my HP Pavillion Desktop, I have a PCIe x16 2.0 and the card uses 3.0, however from research that should not be my problem. I installed the card and two startups in a row I got 8 1 second beeps. On the third startup however I got nothing, it just started up, no picture and obviously not loading any programing, but no beeping. I have tried the HDMI and DVI ports that the graphics card uses and I still have nothing. My computer, however, runs perfectly fine when I do not have this new graphics card powered. Am I doing something wrong, or is my card just dead?

A:Graphics Card Issue

Well ill go through a few basic things:

First did you hook up both 6 pin connectors?

Second what video card was installed previously, if it was NVidia, did you remove the previous drivers.

Third, have you tried different slots on the motherboard for testing, also does the motherboard have onboard video.

Try these solutions and lets go from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue.198865/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hi - I m new here but looking for some guidance I have been grappling with this issue for a while without success I have effectively two home networks Downstairs I have a broadband line in to a wireless router which is accessed by various portable devices games consoles and has two LAN ports which are occupied by Wireless query networking an NAS and a link Wireless networking query to my cable TV box required Upstairs I have three PCs networked together on a wired network For historic reasons I used the default IP addresses assigned by the wired router which are different from the IP address range assigned by the broadband wireless router I have to disable the LAN connection and plug in a USB wifi dongle if I want any of the upstairs machines to go online I am trying to integrate the two networks without having to run a cable between the two routers for various domestic reasons it is difficult plus I would have to get a separate switch to be able to accommodate the storage TV box currently required to be plugged in downstairs I have a wireless router which says it can be used as an access point and have swapped that in for the upstairs router disabling the DHCP server and setting it as an access point But it still will not connect to the downstairs router Does anyone have any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong alternative approaches or somewhere to look for more detailed information on the subject Many thanks nbsp

A:Wireless networking query

Look for an EoP adaptor like this. One attaches to the broadband end via a RJ45 cable and the other end is upstairs and goes into that router in a LAN slot (not the Wan uplink).
I have a long ranch style home and the signal would have to traverse several walls to get to the other end of the home. The Netgear provides high speed and reliability to the entertainment room for me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-networking-query.199091/
Relevancy 18.92%

I'm having an issue with the keyboard for my Toshiba Satellite P775-S7320. Put plainly, keys have started triggering other keys, as if both keys were pressed at the same time. Nothing was spilled on the keyboard, but now, A and Tilde trigger one another, and the same for 1 and 2, Q and S, W and Tab, X and Capslock. The only exception to this is Z and \. Z will trigger \, but \ will not trigger Z. I've popped off the keys and cleaned them with compressed air, I've rebooted my computer several times, and am unsure of where to go from here.

A:Issue with Laptop Keyboard

Try hitting the NUM LK/SCRN LK key

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issue-with-laptop-keyboard.199043/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello,
I really need help, please

So, 3 days ago I was connected to my wifi through wireless just fine
But now, whenever I try to connect, it says "unable to connect"
The signal is fine, the password is right, it would try "connecting" but ends up "unable to connect"
Been working fine all along and suddenly this occur

So, I tried to plug in the LAN cable and through the ethernet, it could connect fine!!

I have no idea why this is! PLEASE HELP!!

My computer: WINDOWS XP (32 bit/Home Edition/Version 2002/Service Pack 3)
Wireless: Intel PROSet/Wireless 14.3.1

A:Could not connect to wifi through wireless but could with LAN ethernet

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-connect-to-wifi-through-wireless-but-could-with-lan-ethernet.198992/
Relevancy 18.92%

Hello, I have a aspire 1430G desktop that has an AMD E-450 APU and I recently upgraded the PSU to support my also recently gained Gigabyte GT610. When I place the GT610 into its PCI slot and turn it on I get a black screen that says no input detected. When I remove the graphics card my computer runs like normal, and now im stuck with not a clue in the world of what to do to get the GT610 to work with my desktop. Any suggestions of what to do?

A:Graphics card issue with a APU

Are you connecting the monitor to the card? In order for the card to work the monitor must be connected to a port on the card.

If not the reason for the black screen is the integrated graphics is disabled when installing a dedicated graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issue-with-a-apu.198893/