Windows Support Forum

Endless Loop "Adding Some New Features/Something Happened"

Q: Endless Loop "Adding Some New Features/Something Happened"

I am getting this constantly every few hours:

Then after a few seconds I get this:

And if I click to investigate I get this:

After a few hours/minutes, I get the same loop again.

What the heck is it and how do I fix it? Can anyone help me out?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Endless Loop "Adding Some New Features/Something Happened"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Endless Loop "Adding Some New Features/Something Happened"

Sorry, I haven't got much to offer you, but as a starting point, go into Settings>Update and Security>Windows Update>Advanced Options>View Your Update History, and see what is failing to install. Once you know that, you may be able to search Microsoft's Community for some information on how to stop it.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us?auth=1

Let us know what's failing, and maybe someone here will have some suggestions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/endless-loop-adding-some-new-features-something-happened.1154266/
Relevancy 105.78%

Good afternoon I had originally posted this issue on the Windows XP Support forum but they redirected me to the Virus Trojan Spyware Help forum I have a Dell Latitude laptop running XP Professional that was just given to me by a friend because Endless "acquiring network removal after loop Alureon-AMS address" nobody could get it to work for him When I first tried to use it I could not get online with any browser even though I had a network connection I ran an Avast Endless "acquiring network address" loop after Alureon-AMS removal scan and found that the netbt sys file was infected with the Alureon-AMS trojan I quarantined the file I confirmed that the file was no longer available with a Fabar Services Scan That scan also detected that there were registry settings missing I know that I need an uncorrupted copy of netbt at the Endless "acquiring network address" loop after Alureon-AMS removal very least but I do not have an XP recovery disc I am not sure where to get this missing file or where to put it when I do find it Endless "acquiring network address" loop after Alureon-AMS removal somewhere and I will not attempt any registry changes without help Right now the computer is just stuck in the quot acquiring network address quot loop I ran a dds scan here are the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by x at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Norton Business Suite Enabled Updated E A - - -B - C C F AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW Norton Business Suite Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS system StacSV exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Bluetooth Toshiba Stack ItSecMng exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files Belkin F D v BelkinWCUI exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite ccprovsp exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C PROGRA Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C WINDOWS System rasautou exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k NetworkService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k LocalService C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex Ac... Read more

A:Endless "acquiring network address" loop after Alureon-AMS removal

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

If you haven't already, please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan/rootkit.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please refer to Microsoft's Online Safety article for tips on creating a strong password.

Do not change passwords or do any transactions from the infected computer until it has been cleaned.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

If there are any personal files, pics, etc. on your computer you cannot live without, back them up now just as a precaution.

Emergency Backup Procedure - Tech Support Forum

It appears that you have three antivirus programs installed and running, avast!, CA Internet Security, and Norton.

While this may seem like better protection, they can actually conflict with one another and cause system instability or even system hangs.

Please choose one to keep and uninstall the others via Add or Remove Programs in your Control Panel. I suggest keeping avast!.

It appears you ran TDSSKiller. I need to see the tdsskiller log.

It should have produced a log here > C:\TDSSKiller.3.0.0.42_date_time_log.txt

Please navigate to the file, double-click to open it, and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.
Download Mirror #1
Download Mirror #2Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it. (Vista/Win7/Win8 users, right-click > Run as Administrator)
Copy/paste the contents of the following codebox into the main textfield:

Code:
:filefind
netbt.sys

:reg
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netbt /s

Click the Look button to start the scan.
Please be patient, as it may take a while.
When finished, a Notepad file will open with the results of the scan. Please post this log in your next reply.
Note: The log can also be found on your Desktop entitled SystemLook.txt

Is FSS still on your desktop? If not...

Please download Farbar Service Scanner and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the Internet Services option remains checked.
Check all the other boxes.
Click Scan.
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/endless-acquiring-network-address-loop-after-alureon-ams-removal-946922.html
Relevancy 105.78%

I can't get Windows to load properly. Can't get into any safe modes. Just the startup repair screen, over and over. It tells me that there are no system restore points. I have tried copying the ntoskrnl.exe from another Win 7 computer. I have tried the "How to get out of the endless system repair loop" tutorial. The repair attempts are giving me a "0x2" error code. I tried to run sfc /scannow. It tells me (no matter how I try) that there is a system repair that needs finishing and to reboot and try again. (yes I did that) I am running chkdsk /f /r right now. Is there any point in continuing to try to fix? Or should I just reformat and reinstall? (I have already backed up all my data)

A:No BSOD. Endless startup repair loop. "ntoskrnl.exe corrupted"

Quote: Originally Posted by forest bayou

I can't get Windows to load properly. Can't get into any safe modes. Just the startup repair screen, over and over. It tells me that there are no system restore points. I have tried copying the ntoskrnl.exe from another Win 7 computer. I have tried the "How to get out of the endless system repair loop" tutorial. The repair attempts are giving me a "0x2" error code. I tried to run sfc /scannow. It tells me (no matter how I try) that there is a system repair that needs finishing and to reboot and try again. (yes I did that) I am running chkdsk /f /r right now. Is there any point in continuing to try to fix? Or should I just reformat and reinstall? (I have already backed up all my data)

Reformatting is often the best and fastest way to get going. Just in case back up

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207798-no-bsod-endless-startup-repair-loop-ntoskrnl-exe-corrupted.html
Relevancy 105.78%

Recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite NB 10A-laptop from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 and have been logging in via my Hotmail account. Went to settings to set up Local Account, completed the password settings. Then had the choice to Sign Off or Cancel. Chose Sign Off (thinking Cancel would void my new Local Account) and now, for many hours, my laptop is locked into an endless loop of Signing Off.

Where to now? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Relevancy 104.06%

My 64-bit Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 computer meets all the hardware and BIOS requirements for adding Hyper-V. Nevertheless, Hyper-V fails to install.

After attempting to add Hyper-V from Control Panel my computer restarts and gets to 93% completion of the work. Then a message appears: We couldn't complete the features. Undoing changes.

Event viewer shows no errors or warnings.

EDIT - Hyper-V consists of two components: Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform. I decided to install each component separately.

Hyper-V Management Tools installed successfully. Hyper-V Platform resulted in the behavior I describe above.
How can I successfully add Hyper-V?

A:"We couldn't complete the features" When Adding Hyper-V

I am indebted to the Kaspersky User Forum for this solution. I use Kaspersky Internet Security 2015.

The "Self Defense" feature of Kaspersky software interferes with adding Hyper-V. Disable "Self Defense" in your Kaspersky software and you will be able to install Hyper-V.
Once installed don't forget to re-enable Self Defense!
The Kaspersky team determined that this is a bug and it will be fixed.

http://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/62536-we-couldnt-complete-features-when-adding-hyper-v.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hey guys Ive run "Downloader" "Byte.Verify", virus, endless popups and Adaware Spybot and Symantec in safemode Adaware and Symantec successfully removed some entries but the problem still persists Im getting constant popups including quot netster quot quot heavy com quot quot smashits quot and others Heres my log and thank you in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP "Byte.Verify", "Downloader" virus, and endless popups WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files Symantec "Byte.Verify", "Downloader" virus, and endless popups Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System PGPserv exe C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C Program Files VentSrv ventrilo svc exe C Program Files VentSrv ventrilo srv exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe "Byte.Verify", "Downloader" virus, and endless popups C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exe C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C dfndred exe C kybrded exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA CURITY services exe C Program Files s stem n tdde exe C Program Files Kodak Kodak EasyShare software bin EasyShare exe C Program Files Citrix ICA Client pnagent exe C Program Files Siemens SpeedStream Wireless USB SSUSBCfg exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - URLSearchHook no name - EE B -F - BB- FB-A BD B A - no file F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS System ixigt exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe ttokffy exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NvMixerTray C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvMixer NvMixerTray exe O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run defender C dfndred exe O - HKLM Run keyboard C kybrded exe O - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run pshower C WINDOWS System pshwr exe O - HKCU Run wincmap quot C Program Files winCMAPP wi... Read more

A:"Byte.Verify", "Downloader" virus, and endless popups

Also Backdoor.DSNX, Dropper.Agent.PP and Trojan.Dropper

Was looking around in the root C drive and found some interesting things there as well, but didnt want to do anything without advice first. Heres a "dir" listing

07/22/2006 04:38 PM 586,928 626_101newer.exe
09/25/2005 11:25 PM 219,412 adlog.txt
07/22/2006 08:44 PM 627 asdf.txt
07/26/2004 06:18 PM 0 AUTOEXEC.BAT
08/26/2005 07:53 PM 11,859,569 AVG7QT.DAT
07/26/2004 06:18 PM 0 CONFIG.SYS
07/26/2004 06:28 PM 10 csb.log
05/17/2006 10:47 PM 81 CTX.DAT
07/22/2006 04:37 PM 73,728 dfndred_7.exe
07/22/2006 04:38 PM 27,648 dist13.exe
07/26/2004 06:22 PM <DIR> Documents and Settings
06/30/2006 10:41 PM <DIR> Downloads
07/22/2006 08:44 PM 32,768 drsmartload.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 20,480 drsmartload45a7d.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 20,480 drsmartload46a7d.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 20,480 drsmartload849a7d.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 578,560 Installer3.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 290,816 installerwnusnewer.exe
11/16/2004 05:11 PM <DIR> KPCMS
07/22/2006 04:37 PM 28,672 kybrded_7.exe
07/29/2004 02:16 PM <DIR> mj-comp-files
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 25,105 MTE3NDI6ODoxNg.exe
07/22/2006 08:44 PM 25,105 MTE3NDI6ODoxNgnew.exe
09/06/2004 01:01 AM <DIR> NVIDIA
01/06/2006 12:56 PM 176 nvmixer.log
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 32,768 nwnmed_7.exe
09/20/2004 10:02 AM 17,590 PkgClnup.log
07/22/2006 08:47 PM <DIR> Program Files
07/22/2006 08:44 PM 48,190 RDFX4.exe
07/22/2006 04:38 PM 242,230 siteError.exe
07/22/2006 08:44 PM 30,208 SS1001newer.exe
07/22/2006 08:44 PM 14,848 stub_113_4_0_4_0newer.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 20,480 stub_sca3.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 461,368 visfx500new.exe
07/22/2006 08:45 PM 578,560 warebundle3.exe
07/22/2006 08:44 PM 578,560 warebundlenewer.exe
07/22/2006 04:37 PM 39,157 wd7gi8nnew.exe
07/22/2006 08:48 PM <DIR> WINDOWS
11/02/2005 12:21 PM <DIR> WUTemp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/byte-verify-downloader-virus-and-endless-popups-109139.html
Relevancy 93.31%

>>Disclaimer #1: I do not work for Malwarebytes, so please do not shoot the messenger.<<

>>Disclaimer #2: Please submit your feedback directly to the Malwarebytes Team Members in the links provided below, rather than here in this thread (I cannot guarantee that they will see your comments and suggestions here).>>

Having said that, surveys are now open, until February 8, 2016, to submit the following, via the pinned threads at Malwarebytes Forum:

We Want Your Feedback - BugfixesAND, SEPARATELYWe want your feedback - New Features and Improvements

This is a great opportunity for all users to submit their suggestions and requests.
Cheers,

P.S. To the forum mod/Admin team: please feel free to move this post to the "MBAM Latest Version" thread, as you see fit.

A:MBAM Team seeks "Bugfixes" and "Features" for new version

Thanks for the information.

I just posted in both of those.

Jim

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/38617-mbam-team-seeks-bugfixes-features-new-version.html
Relevancy 93.31%

>>Disclaimer #1: I do not work for Malwarebytes, so please do not shoot the messenger.<<

>>Disclaimer #2: Please submit your feedback directly to the Malwarebytes Team Members in the links provided below, rather than here in this thread (I cannot guarantee that they will see your comments and suggestions here).>>

Having said that, surveys are now open, until February 8, 2016, to submit the following, via the pinned threads at Malwarebytes Forum:
We Want Your Feedback - Bugfixes
AND, SEPARATELY
We want your feedback - New Features and Improvements
This is a great opportunity for all users to submit their suggested bugfixes and "RFFs".
Cheers,
MM

P.S. To the forum mod/Admin team: please feel free to move this post to the "MBAM Latest Version Thread", as you see fit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/390255-mbam-team-seeks-bugfixes-features-new-version.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello everyone, I'm new on here so I apologize if someone has brought this up, but does Microsoft have any plans to update Edge to where it can "Save as" or simply "Open" a file rather than just downloading everything to the Downloads folder? I wonder why they left it out; seems like a basic function to input. Thanks!

A:Microsoft Edge: "Save as" or "Open" features

It'll come as many have requested this. Wait for updates.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/377253-microsoft-edge-save-open-features.html
Relevancy 89.44%

hello, let's just get to the point, i had this problem recently where my pc can load windows, it keep looping
pc's on - booting - then "Windows Loading Files" - restart
it's infinite i don't know what to do, i don't have a cd rom, and i can't reinstall my windows from USB because every time i tried it says : "disk error" or "disk read error"
even after i burn it to USB correctly, tried this on other pc and USB can load just fine.
i'm thinking, it's something wrong with my boot system in System Reserved, is there anyway i can do to fix this?

A:"Windows Loading Files" infinite loop, Can't Boot USB "disk error"

Hi,

Have you tried changing the boot sequence inside the BIOS?

Normally pressing F2 or F12 on the computer will solve this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/366393-windows-loading-files-infinite-loop-cant-boot-usb-disk-error.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello I recently as" with "Run and Problem "remote features. desktop" had to move a couple XP Pro computers around and change their workgroup workstation quot Computer name quot And also had to change my personal admin user account name on Problem with "Run as" and "remote desktop" features. each computer to match the new computer workstation name But now my quot Run as quot feature and remote desktop feature don t work properly don t understand read ahead OK so lets say when I originally set up this one dell computer right out of the box I set it up with the workgroup name being WS and my personal admin user account name was on that computer Then I moved that computer and changed its workgroup computer name to WS and then renamed my personal admin user account to to match for my own personal preference But now when I go to use the quot Run as quot feature desktop icon Problem with "Run as" and "remote desktop" features. shift right click Run as in order to run a program with admin privileges through my admin account while logged on in a limited user account it wants the original admin user name of and not my NEW personal admin user account For me to run the program as an admin I have to put in the original admin user account name of as the user for it to work The same thing happens when I try to use remote desktop on the XP computers I have changed the workstation ID and admin user account name on I know I could use the built in MASTER admin account but I don t like too from previous problems and a super long PW All I did was go to my computer properties and change the computer name description and then changed my personal admin user account name Don t think I should have had to do anything different but I guess so Anyone have any suggestions Thanks for your time nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-run-as-and-remote-desktop-features.330311/
Relevancy 89.01%

Hey all You guys are my favourite source of info on PC happened? before "haunted" My "dying"...FTW acted the net so I wanted to ask you if you have any My PC acted "haunted" before "dying"...FTW happened? idea what happened to this PC I built a system My PC acted "haunted" before "dying"...FTW happened? for my Dad from my spares and some newegg stuff Here are the deets ASUS P N-E SLI Motherboad Lastest BIOS rev Pentium Core Duo E No OC Sparkle GT Video card WD TB HDD SATA GB s TDK DVD-RW IDE- FDD non-USB Gb DDR Patroit PSD G K x Gb x Gb RAIDMAX PSU w quot fancy red tribal patterning quot forget actual model ViewSonic VX xxx-LED again I forget it was gone the time I got it up and running but Newegg sold me a bunk monitor white spots and as you may know it's a bitch to RMA anything like that Before I sent it off I had used UBCD to test everything and partition the HDD for Windows x I also had booted some Linux Mint Ununtu Pinguy OS and some other non-Debian distros as quot Live quot CD DVD or persistent regular USB installs to muck around but I did no BIOS or hardware messing other than the UBCD Partitioning amp ASUS BIOS update from BIOS Here's where it gets WEIRD So while I'm waiting for his monitor I left the system off but plugged in w o video Everything worked great last boot then A few days later I glance over at it and notice EVERY LED LIGHT is FLASHING on my system I'm talking HD light Power light DVD LIGHT PS keyboard lights all three USB MOUSE LIGHT All in sequence In all my years of building fixing using PCs of all kinds I've never seen anything like it I mean for God sake the USB mouse laser light may have even been doing it Blink blink blink blink blink bl- No pattern Just a continuous flash from every light the damn thing had every sec or so WTF I hit the power button but nothing happened I switched the PSU power off and on then everything goes off I did the usual stuff you do BIOS battery removal for several hours with pins set to wipe BIOS settings unplugged then retried This time when I switched the PSU on the board light didn't turn on And there we are It's apparently dead as a dog now and I just wasted hours searching Fry's for a Core Duo DDR non-f king Micro-ATX pls board only to buy a DDR by mistake So Anybody have a clue what happened to my PC Was it channeling a dead person or did I miss the day of PC class when this subject was taught Needless to say I Googled my brains out and checked the ASUS forums carefully trying to find another instance or I wouldn't be posting Thanks for any insight -az

A:My PC acted "haunted" before "dying"...FTW happened?

The first thing that come to my mind is power supply and/or it's connections.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/157354-my-pc-acted-haunted-before-dying-ftw-happened.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello,

I will go straight to the point here guys,

I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys)
I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack!

The problem is, after I installed it I went to "turn windows features off and on" to check it and play music in my wmp
and it was not there! There is no "Media Features" option like it is supposed to have. I tryed:

Reinstalling, did not work because windows said it was there already
Rebooting, nothing changed,
Running wmp Fix,
Ran SFc /scannow, nothing was found

I would really appreciate if someone really good came and said that I missed something really simple.

Thank you.

A:Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

Originally Posted by Foli

Hello,

I will go straight to the point here guys,

I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys)
I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack!

The problem is, after I installed it I went to "turn windows features off and on" to check it and play music in my wmp
and it was not there! There is no "Media Features" option like it is supposed to have. I tryed:

Reinstalling, did not work because windows said it was there already
Rebooting, nothing changed,
Running wmp Fix,
Ran SFc /scannow, nothing was found

I would really appreciate if someone really good came and said that I missed something really simple.

Thank you.

WMP (Windows Media Player) is available by default in Windows 10:
All apps/Windows Accessories
Are you, perhaps, referring to Windows Media Center?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33114-media-features-turn-windows-features-off.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I've been experiencing this quot No Internet Access quot problem since forever on random of "No Internet problem onset Endless Access" my Windows computer When that happens I stop receiving any packets and I'm as good as disconnected while connected It happens like this My wireless connection always goes from normal to quot No internet access quot A yellow exclamation mark at my wireless network connection at random and very frequently like as every secs At best days I can go for hr without getting it But on average it happens every mins Whenever becomes quot No internet access quot I have to run quot Windows Network Diagnostics quot and it will say quot Problem with Wireless adapter or Access Point quot and says it's Endless random onset of "No Internet Access" problem fixed But the cycle continues non-stop Everytime it happens I'd have to disconnect and reconnect Endless random onset of "No Internet Access" problem it manually It's annoying as shit I'm using Aztech HW - G as my router The stats of the router is as of below G Mobile Broadband - HW - G DW n WLAN PCIe Card as my inbuilt wireless adapter My Iphone s ISO is having the exact same problem Because I noticed that my wireless doesn't work Endless random onset of "No Internet Access" problem at all especially when I leave my phone connected to the router after long hours And have to manually disconnect and reconnect for it to work After upgrading to ISO my wireless connection totally doesn't work at all even though I'm connected However My router works fine with my old vista amp windows XP computers as well as Samsung S phones My wireless adapter works fine connecting to my iphone's G Hotspot Right now I need to know how to solve this or at least know whether the problem lies with my wireless adapter or router so that I can get it changed Please let me know if there's any information I should provide or that I've missed out Below is the diagnostics test Diagnostics Information Wireless Connectivity Details about wireless connectivity diagnosis Information for connection being diagnosed Interface GUID b - a - d- b -cd ae b Interface name DW n WLAN PCIe Card Interface type Native WiFi Connection incident diagnosed Auto Configuration ID Connection ID Connection status summary Connection started at - - - Profile match Success Pre-Association Success Association Success Security and Authentication Success List of visible access point s item s total item s displayed BSSID BSS Type PHY Signal dB Chnl freq SSID ------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - - F-B -D Infra lt unknown gt - Kira -EA- A-E - C-D Infra lt unknown gt - lkhLKMlkt - -D -C - D- C Infra lt unknown gt - pandora Connection History Information for Auto Configuration ID List of visible networks item s total item s displayed BSS Type PHY Security Signal RSSI Compatible SSID ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Infra lt unknown gt Yes Yes Kira Infra lt unknown gt Yes Yes lkhLKMlkt Infra lt unknown gt Yes Yes pandora List of preferred networks item s Profile Kai SSID Kai SSID length Connection mode Infra Security Yes Set by group policy No Connect even if network is not broadcasting No Connectable No Reason x Profile Kira SSID Kira SSID length Connection mode Infra Security Yes Set by group policy No Connect even if network is not broadcasting No Connectable No Reason x Information for Connection ID Connection started at - - - Auto Configuration ID Profile Kira SSID Kira SSID length Connection mode Infra Security Yes Pre-Association and Association Connectivity settings provided by hardware manufacturer IHV No Security settings provided by hardware manufacturer IHV No Profile matches network requirements Success Pre-association status Success Association status Success Last AP - - - f-b -d Security and Authentication Configured security type WPA-PSK Configured encryption type TKIP X protocol No Key e... Read more

A:Endless random onset of "No Internet Access" problem

You are going to want to change the wireless Security to WPA2 rather than WEP, you will also want to use AES encryption.

If you can post the ipconfig/all it would also be helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/274592-endless-random-onset-no-internet-access-problem.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello Sevenforum I am in dire need of your help I seem to be in a pinch Was working on a presentation on the laptop BAD_POOL_HEADER on endless Laptop start up "<3" - spinning / BSOD and had Firefox Dropbox and Word opened when suddenly Laptop endless spinning / BSOD on start up - BAD_POOL_HEADER "<3" Word when quot Not responding quot switches to Firefox and surf for a bit when that and Dropbox turns quot Not Responding quot and then BSOD happened S Tried rebooting but got a quot endless quot spinning quot Logging In quot screen and then Windows crashed to a BAD POOL HEADER I tried doing as much as you required as possible but I couldn't run a System Health Report ASUS K SV-SX V Windows Home Premium x Original Installed OS OEM Intel Core i M NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB RAM GB HDD Reinstalled months ago I think Like an idiot I never burned a Recovery Disk the laptop never came with a recovery CD its on the drive D and apparently I have no system restore points either Hope you can help me - Jenack

A:Laptop endless spinning / BSOD on start up - BAD_POOL_HEADER "<3"

Hi!

The latest dump file shows iaStor.sys as the culprit (Intel Storage Drivers). I'd recommend updating them here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216768-laptop-endless-spinning-bsod-start-up-bad_pool_header-3-a.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Dear support I'm suffering from the endless popup problem with my FireFox browser Endless Problem Mananger" Popup "Yield Sometimes not always when I open a Firefox window or click on a link in the Firefox browser Endless "Yield Mananger" Popup Problem it pops up another small window without address bar and cannot be resized The title of the popup window is quot http ad yieldmanager com - Yield Manager - Click Here quot and its content is asking you add some animated cursors Please note that I only have such problem in my Firefox browser but not in Internet Explorer I've scanned my PC with AVG Ad-aware and Spybot S amp D but they didn't report any errors Here is my HijackThis log Please help Thx Yan Yan Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes E WINDOWS System smss exe E WINDOWS system winlogon exe E WINDOWS system services exe E WINDOWS system lsass exe E WINDOWS system svchost exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E WINDOWS system spoolsv exe E WINDOWS Explorer EXE E Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe E WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe E Program Files D-Tools daemon exe E Program Files Common Files ACD Systems EN DevDetect exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe E Program Files Browser Mouse Browser Mouse lwbwheel exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe E Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe E Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe E PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe E Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe E Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe E WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE E WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe E Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe E WINDOWS System svchost exe E Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe E WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe E Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe E PROGRA ICQ ICQ exe E Program Files Winamp winampa exe E Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe E WINDOWS system ctfmon exe E Program Files BitComet BitComet exe E Program Files Microsoft Chinese Date amp Time ICalClk exe E Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE E WINDOWS system RAMASST exe E Program Files Automize Automize exe E Program Files Y YS Software Folder Security Personal SecFld exe E Program Files BinarySense HDDlife HDDlife exe E Program Files Automize jre bin javaw exe E Program Files ShutDown shutdown exe E Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe E Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe E Program Files Automize jre bin javaw exe E Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe E Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - URLSearchHook ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - E Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - E WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - E Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - br br B DDD DB - E Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - E Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - E Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - e program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - E Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - E WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files ycomp dll O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - E Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar ICQ Toolbar - F B - D - fe - A -BBB - E Program Files ICQToolbar toolbaru dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - e program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run ATIPTA E Program Files ATI Techno... Read more

A:Endless "Yield Mananger" Popup Problem

Your log is very difficult to read.

Kindly turn off the word wrap feature in your text editor.
With notepad, this can be done by going to Format -> untick "Word Wrap".

What websites does this popup occur?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/endless-yield-mananger-popup-problem-62688.html
Relevancy 81.7%

My HP Envy23 AIO suddenly begins filling text fields with endless "2222...". This has happened in Edge browser, Word 2016, Chrome browser. So far I have:

Tried a different mouse
Tried a different (wired) keyboard in place of the standard wireless one, removing the batteries from the wireless keyboard in case of interference.
Disabled Bluetooth.
Scanned for malware using Trend Micro Security and Malwarebytes.
Removed all keyboard device drivers and reinstalled.
All the above has had no effect. Any ideas what it could be and possible solutions would be welcome! This issue will occur once or twice every day and can sometimes be stopped by holding down the Backspace button until it stops. Other times I have shut down and restarted.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/endless-quot2squot-suddenly-filling-text-fields-4598943/
Relevancy 80.84%

I was using my computer, then the screen froze and the computer crashed. I turned my computer on and I was given the choice "Start Windows Normally", or "Safe Mode". If I choose "Start Windows Normally" the computer will restart before I see a log-in screen, but I can start in "Safe Mode". When I start in safe mode the following message is displayed:

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8008D39010
BCP2: FFFFF8800499F978
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

If you need more information please ask.
Can you help me fix this?

A:Cannot "Start Windows Normally" (endless reboot)

From looking around, 116 seems to be the video. I would download the latest video driver and put it on a usb stick. Boot the machine into safe mode and uninstall the current video driver. Reboot into safe mode and install the new driver. If that doesn't work you can go back into safe mode, fire up msconfig and select diagnostic boot, which will only load basic drivers, in case it's a different driver at fault. It could be a hardware issue as well, but this is a good place to start.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362670-cannot-start-windows-normally-endless-reboot.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Every time I turn on my laptop (Acer 5920), it will go through configuring updates then restart, then configure the updates, then restart, etc in an endless cycle. Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to restore the PC because this has only happened since I did just that, so I fear it would take a lot of time and produce the same result.
thanks

edit: - system restore gives this: "system restore did not complete successfully. Your computers system files and settings were not changed.

Details: System restore failed due to an unspecified error.
The system cannot find the file specified (0x80070002)"

Also, Acer's recovery program is non-functional too

A:Endless "configuring updates" cycle

hi if you have a install or recovery disc you might try a repair,i also found this which addresses your issue somewhat http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821 and also this
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/0...date-kb937287/ hope they are of help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/endless-configuring-updates-cycle-418495.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My computer is endlessly giving me the message "you need to fix your microsoft account for apps on your devices to be able to launch apps and continue experiences on this device"

I have clicked on it and it takes me to the "Change privacy options" settings page. The only slider not previously active was for "Let apps on my other devices use Bluetooth to open apps and continue experiences on this device", which I have now turned on. When I click on the message, a web windows tried to open, but it flickers in and out of existence whilst showing on "Please wait".

I am using Windows 10 Pro build 10.0.14393. I feel like this message only started appearing upon a recent upgrade brought about by being in the 'slow ring' of releases.

I get this notification every few minutes and it is very irritating. Please help.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/57424-endless-repeating-notification-you-need-fix-your-microsoft-acc.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I'm looking for a way to actually remove the folder for "Games" under "Turn Windows Features on or off" in Control panel. We need to completely remove the folder from the list so that our users can't just go in and re install the games. Thanks.

A:Remove folder from "Turn Windows Features on or off" in control panel

Do not give your users administrative power. Done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/89917-remove-folder-turn-windows-features-off-control-panel.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Anyone know how to fix this Here is the checkSUR log Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - CheckSUR.log features - Store" "unable to empty Query windows - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CSI Unable to Query windows features empty - CheckSUR.log "unable to Query Store" Store Version x Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Unable to Query Store Version Total count w Unable to get system volume info x ide diskmaxtor stm as aae amp dba f amp amp f -b bf- d - f - a c efb b C CreateFile failed here is the checkSUR persist log Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CSI Unable to Query Store Version x Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Unable to Query Store Version Total count w Unable to get system volume info x ide diskmaxtor stm as aae amp dba f amp amp f -b bf- d - f - a c efb b C CreateFile failed Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages f CSI Unable to Query Store Version x Summary Seconds executed Found errors CSI Unable to Query Store Version Total count w Unable to get system volume info x ide diskmaxtor stm as aae amp dba f amp amp f -b bf- d - f - a c efb b C CreateFile failed

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/381069-windows-features-empty-checksur-log-unable-query-store.html
Relevancy 80.84%

As the title suggests, every time I open "turn windows features on or off" the box stays blank no matter how long I wait. I have tried several things and have searched for quite a long time for solutions, but to no avail. The things i've tried include; everything in the following - FIX Blank or Empty List in Vista Turn Windows Features On or Off (OptionalFeatures.exe), sfc /scannow, reg delete HKLM\COMPONENTS /v StoreDirty, and making sure Windows Modules Installer is running and set to manual. I'd appreciate any help and suggestions, thanks!

A:blank/empty list in "turn windows features on or off"

Is your windows install disk legit or one of those prepatched / preactivated from the torrents?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/266787-blank-empty-list-turn-windows-features-off.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Need some Input tech orientated Computer "features" Required video analog digitize to quot minds quot on the selection of the features Absolutely Computer "features" Required to digitize analog video Required to have a quot Rock solid quot computer for capturing digitizing analog video and putting on DVD I am not quot computer literate quot enough and can t seem to quot put the pieces together quot enough to decide on and select a new computer My main use of my current two computers Old DX - Pen hz Tower w SE and Laptop Pen hz w B is emailing digital still photos and genealogy and since I do NO gaming except cards games ie freecell hearts etc I don t want to buy any extra quot capability quot I don t need to do some video capturing as after I have quot cleaned up and preserved our old tapes I don t plan on doing any more in the future as I am not shooting video anymore since buying a Nikon DSC in How much ram Which digitizing quot system quot internal board or external device is best Does it make any difference if a computer has intergrated video on the motherboard or is it best to have video totally separate or can a video board be added in addition to the intergrated system Would an external DVD RW drive be as good as an internal I thought if it was external I could use it to back up the old tower and the laptop which I am going to put on SE for USB Firewire PCMCIA Any input from anyone would be sincerely appreciated Ken nbsp

A:Computer "features" Required to digitize analog video

Welcome to the modern computer buffet where your only limitations are in your budget. It's hard to design a computer without financial parameters.
Most people like to add their own choice of sound and video to their motherboards. Usually the integrated device is pretty lousy. In fact, that pretty much goes for anything integrated into the board beyond the basic IO devices. However, integrated boards are simpler and overall less costly to set up so for a person that doesn't need extreme performance, they can be suitable. The option to shut off any integrated device is there too, and you can use your own devices instead later.
External drives are twice the cost of internal ones and often sacrafice a bit of performance for convenience. A typical computer has quite a lot of wiring and A/C plug inputs which can get tangled around so if you are only using a drive once on your old system, just install it in an old computer, burn the disc, then take it out and put it in your new one. But then there is the issue that your old computers may be too slow to run ANY CDRW drive, especially that 486, and you won't find any software that will burn from win95 and run a newer drive at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-features-required-to-digitize-analog-video.201887/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi I use Vista64 SP1 on my HP HDX Dragon laptop

Recently I had a problem with Nvidia drivers and I used CCleaner to remove some leftovers from the registry - Maybe that is that is cause of the following problem:

In "Programs and Features" several programs in the list report a wrong size (for example 63GB instead than 1GB) and a wrong installatio date (one is supposed to have been installed in 2042) -

I also have some icon problem, some icons are mismatched in that list (but that may not be related because it happened in the past and I fixed it by using a small program called rebuildIcons.exe.

What can Ii do to fix all that?

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/software/229547-wrong-file-date-size-programs-features.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am stuck and have actioned everything where "Programs and function search Lost fail. (Win+F) Features" and - I can in the following link Windows Search - Turn On or Off Issues I have NO search Tab on the folders option only General and View Lost search function - (Win+F) and "Programs and Features" fail. WIN key 'F' fails as there is no search box even though the pop up window appears No search in the windows menu or on the top right of any explorer windows opened Ran quot Programs and Features quot in Control Panel tthe pop up window is empty no list or tick boxes just plain blank white Ran troubleshooter for 'Search and Indexing' and get the following problems which cannot be fixed automatically In services Lost search function - (Win+F) and "Programs and Features" fail. activated search quot Windows could not start the Windows Search service on Local Computer quot Quote quot Incorrect permissions on Windows Search directories quot Not Fixed Red cricle with white cross' symbol quot Windows Search service not running quot Not Fixed Red cricle with white cross' symbol I have searched the forums and other areas of the web Everything is indicating that the function has been totally removed disabled I am unsure how Oth links I have read and followed Search in Windows SFC SCANNOW Command - System File Checker Lost the Windows search feature even in services in comp management When starting in services windows reports it can not find the specified file -system error Please help Thanks Related http www sevenforums com crashes-d ml post

A:Lost search function - (Win+F) and "Programs and Features" fail.

Please run the following commands from an Admin command prompt.
net start wsearch
sc qc wsearch
sc queryex wsearch
sc qprivs wsearch
sc qsidtype wsearch
sc sdshow wsearch

They'll give us a little data to work on.
copy and paste the results into your response, together with the EXACT error message you get when you attempt to start the service from the Services control panel..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/196605-lost-search-function-win-f-programs-features-fail.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi
how can I hide this message?
Is there a specific option in the group golicy settings available?

A:Hide Message "Several add-ons aren't compatible with Internet Explorer's enhanced security features.."

Hi Tony Frernandes,
It seems that the add-ons are not compatible with the " Enhanced Protected Mode " feature of Internet Explorer .
If it is possible ,we can disable this feature to have a check .
Tools\Internet Options \Advanced \Enable Enhanced Protected Mode Under Serurity Tab
Here is a link for reference :(Please pay attention to the warnings)
Enhanced Protected Mode add-on compatibility
http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2864914
Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact [email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8023cef1-6aef-4f65-a8b2-c65141b84a83/hide-message-quotseveral-addons-arent-compatible-with-internet-explorers-enhanced-security?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 80.41%

I am unable to change any windows features whatsoever! Every time I try, I get the following error message, "an error occurred not all features were successfully changed" It tells me to restart my computer. After restart, I find out that nothing has been changed at all! Games are still checked, Internet Explorer 11 is still unchecked, Indexing service is still unchecked, and Windows Gadget Platform is still checked. when I unchecked those that I mentioned where checked and vice versa. I Googled the problem but only outdated Windows Vista results showed up in Google. There is nothing regarding this problem in Windows 7. This does this error message every time I try to change anything. sfc /scannow says "no integrity violations found" so that is not the problem.

Any ideas on what the problem may be and how do I fix this?

A:"an error occurred not all features were successfully changed"

Hi Sylveon,
You sure seem to have had some problems lately.
Do you have the install media,(hope it wasn't a torrent), that comp didn't come with Ultimate, W8 with d/g rights to 7 pro
I believe your best bet is a repair install.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/399109-error-occurred-not-all-features-were-successfully-changed.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

I need instructions to enable Virtualization feature in my laptop. It is necessary to work with virtual machines.

Model: c55d-c-112
Bios v: factory default
In BIOS there is no option for that.

Thanks.
Regards.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92604-Enable-virtualization-features-quot-AMD-v-quot-in-Satellite-c55d-c-112
Relevancy 80.41%

So i just got a new MSI Laptop and i downloaded some games from steam and you know that kind of stuff. Then i had to download windows 8.1 (not from disc) and then it started downloading normally and then all of a sudden this "Failure configuring windows features Reverting changes" popped up and then i just waited and waited, i waited for about a few hours then i gave up and decided turning it restarting it but it came back and again and again i could go to the password the sign would just pop back up i tried pressing f8 and f9 as told in some guides but nothing helped so i decided to ask you guys please help

A:"Failure configuring windows features Reverting changes"

Reverting changes takes a long time especially when updates are performed. Be patient and it should return to normal.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/51207-failure-configuring-windows-features-reverting-changes.html
Relevancy 80.41%

how to reset registry setting in "Program and Features" inside control panel..
cause i cant open program and features..
Plzzzz help

A:how to reset registry setting in "Program and Features"

Try programs and features from a administrator account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295770-how-reset-registry-setting-program-features.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Can somebody just post the whole screenshots of "Turn Windows Features ON or OFF" dialog box with all the sub-sections and sub-boxes?
I just messed up with turning random features on and off. That's why I need them.
Thanks in Advance. :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439725-default-screenshots-turn-windows-features-off.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Is there a description of all the entries in Windows 10 Firewall - "allowed apps and features" listed somewhere? "Details" are not available for many or not helpful

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/55021-windows-firewall-allowed-apps-features.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Yesterday I used my USB just fine but I accidentally bumped it against my chair s arm which was moving Two hours later I plugged device" What malfunction Flashdrive Ideas? not Tips? happened? recognized "USB it on my computer and the light didn t turn on I assumed it was dead but then I opened the flashdrive to clean the mother board a little bit and then plugged it back on and the light still didn t show up But when I pushed the flashdrive a little to the back the light showed up and the data was on I copied some of the data onto a CD but most of it is still on the flashdrive The copying was going fine for a few minutes but then when I moved the flashdrive a little in the USB socket because of natural movements of the hand the light on the flashdrive went Flashdrive malfunction "USB not recognized device" Tips? Ideas? What happened? away and so I pushed the flashdrive downward a little more I thought I might have loosened a few circuits The flashdrive was lighting but the error message quot USB malfunctioned not recognized quot came up and also the message quot device driver not installed properly quot Any suggestions on how to fix this flashdrive Attached is a picture of what happens to the flashdrive and how it lights up Notice that it lights up and so the message comes only when I tilt the flashdrive in a particular direction This is unusual and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas what this means about my flashdrive like what is wrong with it in the first place Also now that I keep doing putting and pushing the flashdrive in the down direction while it is in the socket the same error message comes I wonder if my device is totally malfunctioned and would like to know if there is ANY way to recover the data from the motherboard thing Any data recovery site you would reccomend Hardware stores for quot broken quot USBs What should I do or who should i show it to to maybe recover the data Who should I show who can fix the circuits if damaged The data is really special not really important but special to me I would do anything to recover it Thanks nbsp

A:Flashdrive malfunction "USB not recognized device" Tips? Ideas? What happened?

You could bake it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashdrive-malfunction-usb-not-recognized-device-tips-ideas-what-happened.136913/
Relevancy 79.98%

days ago I used add remove programs then Norton Removal Tool to remove Norton AV and replaced it with AVG Free My PC seemed to work fine until yesterday upon booting AVG automatically tried to update and ended up reporting quot something bad happened quot Not sure apps; I happened..."? can't bad reported Solved: open most folders AVG or run "something if AVG issue is relevant but now I CANNOT OPEN FOLDERS or APPS Now about times out of when I try to open a file or app the screen icons and background pic disappear momentarily and nothing Solved: I can't open folders or run most apps; AVG reported "something bad happened..."? opens If I manage to open a folder it seems my PC hangs up similarly at the following task sometimes I get my RCA Lyra icon suddenly showing up in the toolbar BTW I experienced the exact same problem a couple of times before the AVG install but rebooting would always fix the issue Not anymore It took many reboots but I was able to get AdAware to run - found nothing - and Maintenance Mechanic - showed PC Repair is needed but hangs once it gets to reading the disk index I tried deleting Lyra but it won t let me hangs once I manage to open the add remove program page Help at very least I would like to salvage my e-mails incl many software registration numbers and passwords and photographs Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: I can't open folders or run most apps; AVG reported "something bad happened..."?

I think it may be that norton was not all removed I think you should have used the removal tool without first doing an add remove. Click on search, all files and folders and enter norton if nothing is found then do the same but enter symantec. If anything is found you will have to reinstall norton and then use the removal tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-i-cant-open-folders-or-run-most-apps-avg-reported-something-bad-happened.667629/
Relevancy 79.98%

I was looking at this today, when I found out I really am annoyed by WinRAR taking my ZIP files instead of just .RAR files.

Where'd my .ZIP folder icon go?
And my option to make a new ZIP file?! D:

A:Solved: What happened to (On Desktop) "New > Compressed ZIP Folder"?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-happened-to-on-desktop-new-compressed-zip-folder.735222/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi all,
My laptop compaq suddenly got BSOD error yesterday and caused me a lot of headache. I googled and did all of solutions like : Safe mode, last good condition ,check disk,scan driver,...restore computer many time but BSOD still happens ...except openning my laptop to see RAM ...
using Win 7 64 bit with AMD chip ...I ran the SF Dianostic tool and a box poped up noticed about :" can not handle the file EventApp.txt ,if you click continue button SF will ignore this error and go on scanning" and I quickly click to continue the scanning .
The BSOD caution is " page fault in nonpage area "
below is my SF tool log zipped
thank you all for your reading and helping.

A:BSOD happened every 1 hour and Error "pfn_list_corrupt "

Welcome to the forum.

Please start with testing RAM with memtest.Test and Diagnose RAM issues with MEMTEST86+Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors". Take the test for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems.Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold. RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitorHWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Speccy - System Information - Free DownloadPlease upload a summary tab using Speccy. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312462-bsod-happened-every-1-hour-error-pfn_list_corrupt.html
Relevancy 79.55%

sorry if this is in the wrong area My quot turn windows features on and off quot box is blank this is a known error with many 'solutions' that have not worked in my case I've reinstalled win prof x twice for a total of installs somewhere along the line of installing my standard programs all of which work no issues ect my quot turn windows features on and features off" and "turn on Bypassing windows off quot box will go blank I tried figuring out what program triggered this behavior by reinstalling and restarting after every program installed and checking the box it was Bypassing "turn windows features on and off" a different program that triggered the event from reinstall to reinstall so that's telling me it's not a specific program that's triggering it anyway I don't have hours to reinstall windows and my programs every night so I'd like to know if there is a workaround ie registry entries that I can edit to enable features and programs from my understanding of how quot turn windows features on and off quot works it must only be changing a registry entry or editing a config file that tells the OS not to load those features as in the documentation it states that the programs and features are not uninstalled they're just disabled so is there a group of registry entries or config file that the quot turn windows features on and off quot dialog edits that I can access manually additionally I'm really not interested in trying to fix the box I'm interested in turning the TIFF image parser on IE off and windows search back on don't ask if you can't answer my question and you're not sure if it's possible please refrain from making some reference to a tutorial I've already tried or some snide comment about how my install must not be legit or a did a quot custom install quot like it's some sort of voodoo on the other hand if you're ABSOLUTELY SURE it can't be done please feel free to tell me that I'm up that proverbial creek with no paddle

A:Bypassing "turn windows features on and off"

Well yes, I'd have to if this is a legit OS. The only thing I can think of is that it's a badly pirated copy. Maybe try /sfc scannow from a cmd prompt. Maybe someone more knowledgeable has a better idea.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/92729-bypassing-turn-windows-features-off.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello In order to play an old game I need to activate the DirectPlay feature I tried to do it through the graphical interface quot Turn Windows features on and with "Turn off" features Windows on Problem and off quot but Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off" it failed and it is the same whatever Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off" the feature I try to modify I tried Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off" to do it in command lines Code dism online enable-Feature FeatureName quot DirectPlay quot But I got Code Error The requested operation failed A system reboot is required to roll back changes made The DISM log file can be found at C Windows Logs DISM dism log And here is what I found in dism log Code - - Info DISM DISM EXE - - Info DISM DISM EXE lt ----- Starting Dism exe session ----- gt - - Info DISM DISM EXE - - Info DISM DISM EXE Host machine information OS Version Running architecture amd Number of processors - - Info DISM DISM EXE Dism exe version - - Info DISM DISM EXE Executing command line dism online enable-Feature FeatureName quot DirectPlay quot - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Getting Provider FolderManager - CDISMProviderStore GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Provider has not previously been encountered Attempting to initialize the provider - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Loading Provider from location C WINDOWS System Dism FolderProvider dll - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Connecting to the provider located at C WINDOWS System Dism FolderProvider dll - CDISMProviderStore Internal LoadProvider - - Info DISM DISM Manager PID TID physical location path C - CDISMManager CreateImageSession - - Info DISM DISM Manager PID TID Event name for current DISM session is Global E E - C- FB- A - E E D - CDISMManager CheckSessionAndLock - - Info DISM DISM Manager PID TID Create session event x for current DISM session and event name is Global E E - C- FB- A - E E D - CDISMManager CheckSessionAndLock - - Info DISM DISM Manager PID TID Copying DISM from quot C WINDOWS System Dism quot - CDISMManager CreateImageSessionFromLocation - - Info DISM DISM Manager PID TID Successfully loaded the ImageSession at quot F TEMP D BCE C- F - ECE-AF - E BDA F quot - CDISMManager LoadRemoteImageSession - - Info DISM DISM Image Session PID TID Instantiating the Provider Store - CDISMImageSession get ProviderStore - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Initializing a provider store for the IMAGE session type - CDISMProviderStore Final OnConnect - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Provider has not previously been encountered Attempting to initialize the provider - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Loading Provider from location F TEMP D BCE C- F - ECE-AF - E BDA F OSProvider dll - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetProvider - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Connecting to the provider located at F TEMP D BCE C- F - ECE-AF - E BDA F OSProvider dll - CDISMProviderStore Internal LoadProvider - - Info DISM DISM OS Provider PID TID Defaulting SystemPath to C - CDISMOSServiceManager Final OnConnect - - Info DISM DISM OS Provider PID TID Defaulting Windows folder to C Windows - CDISMOSServiceManager Final OnConnect - - Info DISM DISM OS Provider PID TID Host OS verion is - CDISMOSServiceManager SetDllSearchPath - - Warning DISM DISM OS Provider PID TID Unable to set the DLL search path to the servicing stack folder C Windows may not point to a valid Windows folder - CDISMOSServiceManager Final OnConnect - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Attempting to initialize the logger from the Image Session - CDISMProviderStore Final OnConnect - - Info DISM DISM Provider Store PID TID Provider has not previously been encountered Attempting to initialize the provider - CDISMProviderStore Internal GetP... Read more

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/40284-problem-turn-windows-features-off.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Guys. I don't know how to search it via Google, so I had to come here and ask.

How can I make my site compatible with IE9 new features?

This is:
- Full Favicon, without white borders, pinned on the taskbar.
- Make the site menu on the jumplist.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks a lot.

A:Make my site compatible with IE9 "new features"

If I'm not mistaken, favicons have to be in PNG format to have transparent borders.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/117678-make-my-site-compatible-ie9-new-features.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I recently had a virus problem and was forced to do a full system restore about 2 weeks ago, I had no problems after doing this, but as this is a shared computer and is sometimes connected to the internet I again have problems.

I have done several virus scans, and nothing has been able to find a problem with anything.
Everytime I open programs and features from the control panel Windows Explorer stops working, I also get an assortment of error messages such as rundll32.exe closing and a runtime error "204 at 02DF24C4"

rundll32.exe also closes randomly when using IE (the only browser) and it closed several times when I was signing up to the forum.

I'm pretty useless with troubleshooting, so I'm looking for a good simple plan of action which doesn't require a reset to the factory defaults.

Thanks in advance

A:Unable to access "Programs and Features"

Hi, welcome to the forums lets try the simple things first. Go to start, all programs, accessories and right click on Command prompt select "run as administrator" at the prompt type sfc /scannow. Press enter and let system file checker run reboot to take effect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unable-to-access-programs-and-features-294323.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Is there any way to get the information about installed programs - the information shown on Windows' Programs and Features display - into a file? I may have to reinstall Windows and would like a list of everything I'm going to have to reinstall.

A:Extracting info from "Programs and Features"

You can take a snip of it and save as a .jpg image.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190747-extracting-info-programs-features.html
Relevancy 79.55%

When I click on turn window features on or off, a new window opens. It says "Please Wait". Then nothing comes finally. I am left with a blank white window. I cannot turn any features on or off. I ran the command Sfc /scannow in cmd with administrative privilage. But I am in vein.
PLEASE HELP

A:"Turn Windows features on or off" not working

A system restore or sfc scan are in order. But heres this thread which nicely sums up various things, people have tried, so try out one by one.

"Turn Windows features on or off" empty

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/176370-turn-windows-features-off-not-working.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I go to Control Panel x Program Features and then select "Turn On/Off Windows features" where the screen loads for a few seconds and then comes up empty!

I've been led to believe that the dreadfully slooooow copying in Vista is caused by something called "Remote Differential Compression" that can be remedied by turning this feature Off!

Wonder where it is?

Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, I have something listed as "Connect" in Programs and Features that will not uninstall. I tried looking for it in the uninstall parts of the registry for 64bit, but it does not appear to be listed, I tried the Microsoft Cleanup utility and also CCleaner.

The item is not selectable in Programs and Features and has no entry in any of its columns other than the Name column. The only program that seems to be able to recognize it is CCleaner but using "Delete Entry" returns the message "Cannot delete MSI Installer".

I have no idea what the application is, I'm guessing its part of some installer, it could be iTunes related as I un-installed iTunes today after it crashed my PC repeatedly.

A:Can not uninstall "Connect" in Programs and Features

Hi welcome to the forum.
I would suggest that you click on the link below and try this first:-
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
Please let us know the result.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/289158-can-not-uninstall-connect-programs-features.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I have a rig that is endlessly updating when is updates "Shut PC Down" Endless when the PC is quot Shut Down quot Two days ago I installed Bitdefender onto the PC via down load on my laptop Then connected the PC to the router web Then updated Bitdefender Last night updates hours later was still running Tonight updates still running now after hours There Endless updates when PC is "Shut Down" is no indicator of quot what quot is updating I can only assume Windows Or worse a hijack Ctrl Alt Delete does not respond and there is no Start menu just the default screen not the BSOD with a msg nbsp nbsp Note Please do not power off or unplug your machine Installing updates xx of xxx WiFi connection is set to manual So I cannot see how there can be updates downloading unless MS Windows over-rides my settings The PC has been a stand alone no internet connection for the past months operating without any problems Windows updates were disabled I know because I had problems killing updates until I got help from quot sevenforums com quot When I finish posting this thread I will be turning the modem off Would appreciate some timely help -- it is hrs here way past my bedtime Thank you PS How do I suspend Windows updates until I fathom this problem out

A:Endless updates when PC is "Shut Down"

Hi there,

I've seen this issue before on a Win 7 machine, just out of curiosity have you checked which updates are being installed?? I've noticed a certain Office 2k10 update (the exact reference number escapes me) but after disabling this update (I hard powered down and started again to see what failed) all updates went through fine.

If you have this product installed, do check to see if there is one update that appears everytime you try to update.

To turn automatic updates off:

Open Run (either from start menu or press Windows+R)
Type WUAPP
In the window that opens on the left, click change settings.
In the box with the drop down options, select the bottom option (Don't check for updates)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320596-endless-updates-when-pc-shut-down.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Greetings I checked one of my email accounts and found a message from myself titled quot COOL quot with the following in the body quot Hi guys I found a webpage the items and the price are very good I hope you also can access it and choose some items that happened" with description file of hijack "what this you need They supply all kinds of laptops digital cameras GPS amp cellphones game console and many other electronic products If you buy more you can get more discounts The website is www zyamaha cc Email email protected v quot This from an email account I rarely use to send messages from I went to that email address and found quot I quot had sent numerous others in my address book the same message Oddly enough I have quot Delivery Status Notification Failure amp quot messages but only two show up in sent messages folder At the same time some but not all of my other email accounts have received the message again none of these appear in the sent messages folder of the offending email account Here s the hijackthis hijack this file with description of "what happened" log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents cpqalert exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CPQWEB WebDmi exe C WINDOWS Cpqdiag Cpqdfwag exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Loonies Actual Booster ActlBstr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files Yahoo browser ybrowser exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www saxobank com Default aspx id amp Lan EN amp Au amp List amp IsFX amp Charts amp PgIdx amp PgTot R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http att yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AT amp amp T Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-FD BB AAE - C PROGRA ATTTOO ATTTOO DLL O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar AT amp amp T Toolbar ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-file-with-description-of-what-happened.800879/
Relevancy 79.12%

So this is the Genuine" Time Second HAPPENED! Error has it "Not second time i have gotten this error The first time it was an easy fix i used Windows is not Genuine to fix the error Now it says that the file is duplicated or missing and windows support wont help me at all Someone please help me fix this Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - "Not Genuine" Error Second Time it has HAPPENED! D H-Q FK-Y F Windows Product Key Hash Xxd KTFbtUhg CQujrK NuK Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID B B - B - BC -BBCF-CA D Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt B B - B - BC -BBCF-CA D lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -Y F lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt To Be Filled By O E M lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt P lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C A FE lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt C Windows system slmgr vbs null The data is invalid Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline xC C HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp ActiveX Registered Version Admin Service Registered Version HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt N A hr x d OEM Activation Data-- gt N A OEM Activation Data-- gt BIOS valid for OA yes but no SLIC table Windows marker version N A OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent N A BIOS Information ACPI Table Name OEMID Value OEMTableID Value APIC ALASKA A M I FACP ALASKA A M I HPET ALASKA A M I MCFG ALASKA A M I ASF INTEL HCG SSDT Intel AoacTabl AAFT ALASKA OEMAAFT SSDT Intel AoacTabl SSDT Intel AoacTabl SSDT Intel AoacTabl BGRT ALASKA A M I

A:"Not Genuine" Error Second Time it has HAPPENED!

Something appears to have corrupted the Licensing Store - have you been using any kind of 'Cleanup' tool?

Please first try recreating Licensing Store.

Recreate the Licensing StoreGo to Start > All Programs > Accessories
Right-Click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator - accept the UAC prompt
Run the following commands in the Command Prompt window, using the Enter key at the end of each
net stop sppsvc
(wait until the service has stopped before entering the following lines)

CD %windir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SoftwareProtectionPlatform
REN tokens.dat tokens.bar
net start sppsvc
slui.exe
After a couple of seconds Windows Activation dialog will appear.
You may be asked to re-activate and/or re-enter your product key or Activation may occur automatically.
If you are asked for your Key, use the one on the COA sticker on the machine's case

Reboot and Post back with a new MGADiag report

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/246633-not-genuine-error-second-time-has-happened.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Three weeks ago "MOVE" the in option What happened to Vista? I purchased an Acer Aspire x with the Vista x OS I sort and catalog to pictures a day downloaded from digital cameras In the XP system you were able to right click on the pic in the drop down menu is an option What happened to the "MOVE" option in Vista? to MOVE Left click on MOVE and the drop down menu lets you select exactly where you want to put the picture With the What happened to the "MOVE" option in Vista? Vista x OS there is no MOVE option You have to COPY the picture search for the destination folder through many sub folders PASTE the picture in the folder Then you have to remember to GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FOLDER AND DELETE THE PICTURE you just cataloged WHY This takes twice as long If you want to move more than one pic you have to highlite the pictures you want to move right click on the task bar left click on side-by-side and hope you have the right folder minimized in the task bar then slide the pictures you want to move across to the other folder next to it Then you have to GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL FOLDER AND DELETE THE PICTURES you have just sorted or cataloged Would it have been too expensive to add a MOVE option to the drop down menu like there was in the XP OS or maybe Microsoft needs more quot pay as you call quot to tech support Does everyone like being asked for quot Permission to continue quot when you want to open something Seems to me if you didn't want to do that operation you wouldn't have clicked on it in the first place

A:What happened to the "MOVE" option in Vista?

Hello Dutchman, I do not believe there was that option in vista. This works for me.

Context Menu - Add COPY TO FOLDER and MOVE TO FOLDER

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232133-what-happened-move-option-vista.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I had downloaded a theme for XP that gave it the windows 7 super bar and the notifications were placed in two rows. I really liked that but now that I actually installed windows 7 I can't figure out how to change it, and I'm pretty sure I've clicked on everything there is to click and also googled with no luck. any help would be appreciated.

A:what happened to "super bar" multi-row notifications?

First enable Quicklaunch bar, i don't think that big icons in taskbar can be set in 2 row. quicklaunch has smaller.
and just unlock taskbar and drag it as wide as you wish.

hope it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/47512-what-happened-super-bar-multi-row-notifications.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all. I will right-click on a folder, or file, and the pop up comes up with the usual "Cut", "Copy", "Delete", "Properties", etc choices. There is no "Search" or "Find" choices. You know, to find a file name using a key word... Is something turned off?

A:What happened to the "File Search" feature?

Press CTRL F when in the file to find ???

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284024-what-happened-file-search-feature.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Guys,

- I think this BSOD happened by auto CPU overclock, because otherwise I haven't

done any overclocking by my self.

- So please look at images and even video that I've posted here.

- Try to find solution how can I maintain default clock and heat temperature < 50C.

- My CPU temperature increases usually from 35+ to 55+ . And no overclock was

done. CPU is AMD FX-4100 - 3.6 Ghz;

- Or maybe its thermal paste.

- Voltage is messed up, just see what needs to be corrected...

- In-Bios look ASUS M5A97 AM3+ Motherboard with UEFI BIOS OC Demo made easy Part1 (for my M5A97);

- PLEASE look at "CPU" part in video if I need to maintain something there at

"voltage". And if this has nothing to do with voltage, tell me what is.

A:BSOD - Probably happened by "auto CPU" overclock

Click the OS Default Settings button just below the arrow you marked "Default CPU Speed".
That should set things back to factory/default settings.
You will probably be prompted to reboot or it will do so automatically.
When it restarts default settings should be set.

Then see how things operate. Let us know if that helps or if problems persist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248362-bsod-probably-happened-auto-cpu-overclock.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I ve been to desktop?" [MOVE What to "Send happened TO] futzing with Windows since and What happened to "Send to [MOVE TO] desktop?" NT and I always customize edit cascade my context menus Start menus QuickLaunch menus with Windows Home Premium you still can access and USE QuickLaunch and SendTo menu Most folks thought there were only two options RE sending files to desktop via SendTo Folder links either placing an LNK file a shortcut LiNK on the desktop or sending a What happened to "Send to [MOVE TO] desktop?" copy of the file to the desktop There was a third option Place a desktop link in the All Users or admin SendTo folder that would MOVE the file there That s what I used to do until W before I discovered that trick I sent a copy to the desktop and then deleted the original I m not a big fan of executing two or three steps when one will do Windows doesn t What happened to "Send to [MOVE TO] desktop?" have that desktop link anymore Not knowing enough about using Windows Registry Editor or RegEdit I can t create that link from scratch I don t suppose anyone would share such code all I can do is use the quot Move To target specified by user quot option I want a Move link specifically for the desktop all three options right next to each other My reasons for wanting this might seem abstruse but it s quite simple in a word organization in two file management My Start Menu is NOT a mess I hit Start gt All Programs and I do not get a fifteen-quadrillion-item-long list of nightmarish proportions where it takes me forty minutes to find what I need submenus cascading messily all over the screen as I inadvertantly joggle the mouse Instead you see Programs -Administrative Tools System Tools -Security Local Security Net Security - Imaging Tweaks Editors -Office Microsoft Corel OxygenOffice PolyEdit WordPad Notepad Audio Video File Management Browsers Desktop Development Internet ad infinitum ad nauseum capisce di quot capcha quot My program files as much as possible follow the same type of hierarchy ditto with personal folders and customized menus It makes it a lot easier to find things rather than lean on the fragile crutch of Windows File Manager they call it desktop Explorer now the Search function of which is increasingly putrid drek with each progressive OS rollout that can t find sand in the Sahara with the help of the entire Bedouin population of Earth Of course I could figure it out if I got the Windows Resource Kit Microsoft Press ISBN pages in paperback from quot wonderwoman com quot for about fifty bucks if I want to see that heavy thing fall apart with all the use I d give it I remember paying for the W RK nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-happened-to-send-to-move-to-desktop.1004567/
Relevancy 77.83%

friends i wanna install "TELNET" in my win8 laptop.
when i click "turn windows features on or off " it shows the following error . . .

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Windows\system32\OptionalFeatures.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

what will i do ? i wanna install telnet and iis in my pc

how i can do this? how i can solve that error?

A:problem with "windows features"

I have Windows 8 Pro.
I copied the exe & zipped it & attached it.

EDIT--- If you choose to download it, Run a virus scan on it before doing anything with it.

Now, you could unzip it & put it in the system 32 folder.
This you would do at your own risk.

I copied it from my system 32 folder.

Here is a view of my add/remove Windows features:

Here is the zip file:

OptionalFeatures.zip

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/26429-problem-windows-features.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Everytime I launch an MS Office app Windows installer opens and tries to install an "Excel feature", "Outlook feature", etc. It then tells me it needs a disk that is missing and to install the Office for Students and Teachers disk, which I've never seen. I'm using the Home edition of XP. When it can't find that disk, it says that program is not installed for the current user and closes the program. There are 3 other users for this computer, all 3 of which are having this same problem. Any ideas?

Relevancy 77.83%

I've been trying to play some games lately, but they havent been working. This prompted me to try a dxdiag, which revealed that DirectDraw Acceleration, Direct3D Acceleration, and AGP Texture Acceleration are all listed as Not Available. They have worked in the past, and my graphics card can handle them. My graphics card (Nvidia GTX 750ti) has up to date drivers. How can I re enable them?

Also, if I do a 64 bit dxdiag, they are all listed as enabled.
I've tried reinstalling graphics drivers and updating directx.

A:Directx features shown as "Not Available"

ou may use the DirectX Diagnostic tool and check -

Open DirectX Diagnostic Tool by clicking the Start button, typing dxdiag in the Search box, and then pressing ENTER. Click the Display tab, and then under DirectX Features, check to see whether DirectDraw, Direct3D, or AGP Texture acceleration is marked Not Available.

If so, you might consider upgrading your hardware. You might also need to turn on graphics acceleration. Refer to the below links for details on the same and check if this helps -
Run DirectX Diagnostic Tool
DirectX: frequently asked questions - Windows Help

Hope this helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/365902-directx-features-shown-not-available.html
Relevancy 77.83%

In settings - system - apps & features - there is "manage optional features".

In startmenu - there is "optional features" with uninstall option in rightclick. So if I uninstall here, will the manage optional features in settings will not be there or uninstalled too?

Both optional features in startmenu & manage optional features in settings opens the same window.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/win-10-optional-features-query.49627/
Relevancy 77.83%

I was readin this article on tech republic, that was talking about secret features of Windows 7, and can't decide if they are true, and if so, if they work, and if so, how do you activate, implement, and use them. Thank you. The link below is to the article.... Five super-secret features in Windows 7 | 1 of 307

A:"Secret features of Windows 7"

Quote:
1. Software that turns normal displays into touchscreens

I don?t know how Microsoft did this. It seems like they would have needed cooperation from the hardware manufacturers. Nevertheless, it appears that the company has developed its own highly-secret software that can turn any standard LCD screen into a touchscreen. Now users will no longer have to a do a simple click-and-drag to resize photos. Instead they?ll be able to reach up to their screens with both hands and use a set of complicated multi-touch gestures to do the same thing, and it will only take 5-10 seconds longer. Upon further digging, I also discovered that all mouse and keyboard drivers appear to be in a time-bombed phase-out cycle.

Anyone using such software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/53449-secret-features-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Morning!

My Granddad just got a lap top (Fujitsu Lifebook N Series) and for the most part he's loving it! But there's one feature that driving all of us crazy and I can't find where to turn it off.

The lap top comes with a touchpad... ya know, to move the cursor around without the need of a mouse. Well, it's fine and dandy until we get onto the internet and then the darn thing want to activate every link the cursor floats over! I'm sure this is a neat auto feature for the average user but I think Granddad may move the cursor too slowly so he ends up triggering every link. Any ideas where I need to go to turn it off??

Many thanks in advance!

Lyte

A:Turning off "Touch Pad" features...

There should be small touch pad icon in the system try that you can use to modify settings. You should also be able to access those settings if you go to the Control Panel and then to Mouse; there should be a Synaptics tab there with the settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-off-touch-pad-features.648914/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all,
I'm using windows7 - 64bit . My software install required .net framework 2.0 sp1.
but when I install .net framework I catch the error: 'You must use "Turn Windows features on or off" in the Control Panel to install or configure Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 SP1"

Please tell me the way to resolved the problem above;
Thanks.

A:'You must use "Turn Windows features on or off"

What software are you trying to install? .NET framework should already be installed, unless you removed it..

Do you know how to get to Control Panel, Programs, Turn Windows features on or off?

Windows Features - Turn On or Off

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/32865-you-must-use-turn-windows-features-off.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi.

Can someone of you guys tell me where the folder is located that contains the files or shortcuts that show up in the "Programs and Features" window?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

A:"Programs and Features" Question

Originally Posted by tommygun

Hi.

Can someone of you guys tell me where the folder is located that contains the files or shortcuts that show up in the "Programs and Features" window?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

As far as I can tell, the "Programs and Features" list is hard coded, depending on which version of Vista you have.

Is there any particular reason you need to know in which "folder" it is stored?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/199364-programs-features-question.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi, on Programs & Features, from the Control Panel, I get a list of Name & Size. I used to get manufacturer etc. but thats disappearred. How can I reconfigure the list to show this information.

John.

A:"Programs & Features" not showing everything

Right click where it says name and size and you can add what you want to show.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/190987-programs-features-not-showing-everything.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

I got the new Win10 Update from my former Win7.
Now I want to activate Hyper-V to use Windows XP for the old game "Risk II".

Unfortunately, the system doesn't show me the option "hyper-V" in the list where you can turn windows features on or off.

What can I do?

thanks

A:Hyper V not available in "Windows Features"

Do you have Windows 10 Pro? The "Home" version doesn't include Hyper-V Client. Compare Windows 10 Editions

If so you could use VirtualBox or VMWare Player (both free).

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/15291-hyper-v-not-available-windows-features.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I uninstalled McAfree Internet Security on my new laptop in order to put on Norton Internet Security. After the uninstall (did not yet install NIS), I got a message to restart the computer. After nearly 15 minutes, it is slugging along with this msg: Configuring Windows Features. 17% Complete. Do not turn off your computer. WHAT? I only uninstalled a program. It is offline, btw. Thanks for assistance.

A:What gives with "Configuring Windows Features..." ?

Hello KC,

This indicates that you have Windows Updates that are installing or were installed that needed you to restart the computer to finish installing and to configure Windows Features.

It's nothing to worry about, and you should just wait to let it finish.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/27151-what-gives-configuring-windows-features.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Been at this all day. the "Wireless Network Connection does not have valid ip" address. Trblsht says "investigate router or broadband modem issue". It is so far a circle with no solution. Can you help? Using the cptr that works.

A:Happened today: "WNC does not have valid ip"

Hi stevonmfl welcome to Sevenforums, your problem from your first post does not appear to have been resolved yet then? To help with your problem we need to have more information on the setup you have. can you let us know how many computers are connected to your network, the type and settings in your router (most important) then we can start to try and sort out your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/139724-happened-today-wnc-does-not-have-valid-ip.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I was downloading Windows 10 32-bit using the Media Creation Tool to my 16 GB pendrive which is empty. Right when it reached 100% it displayed "Something Happened". I found the temp file which I believe it downloaded, its called BIT52D1. Is there any way to salvage this file because I do not want to sit through a download again. I have HORRIBLE internet.

A:"Something Happened" error after downloading

You might have to download it again to your HDD/SSD. Then create a bootable flash drive from the iso you've downloaded with the MCT.

See this tutorial Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/35195-something-happened-error-after-downloading.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I installed Win XP Pro yesterday then installed AVG 7.5 and began receiving this error "Something bad happened in the application." I uninstalled AVG then reinstalled same error. Today i formatted and reinstalled Win XP then AVG again same error. Any ideas about my problem would be greatly appreciated!!

A:AVG 7.5 error "Something bad happened in the application."

Hi and welcome to TSG.
"Something bad happened in the application"
Is that all the error message said?
Where are you downloading Avg from?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/avg-7-5-error-something-bad-happened-in-the-application.606843/
Relevancy 77.4%

Is there any way to restore or replace the red X that used to make deleting files so easy? It's rather a drag having to either right click and select "delete" or drag and drop. I don't understand why that basic functionality was taken away. Why, for heaven's sake?

A:What happened to the "Delete" icon?

There is another thread that has been solved

Missing One-Click "Red X" File Delete

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/231160-what-happened-delete-icon.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Well guys it happened last night I had to reinstall Thing" The "Awful Happened Windows xp Ouch I thought I lost everything but I have a second HD that I installed a couple of months ago not much on it yet mostly kids games but everything on it is still there - The "Awful Thing" Happened Probably including the thing that caused all the problems Anyway I m trying to think of all the major programs I The "Awful Thing" Happened ll have to reinstall- Can you guys think of anything I m missing Adobe reader quicktime Adaware spybot Norton Hijackthis and my windows update I already put Tsg Yahoo and eBay back in my favorites And is there anything out there- besides having a fast connection that will speed up Downloads - I think you guys said there wasn t but I m hoping I was wrong I m on dial-up of course But I guess I can get a lot of other things done while things are downloading amp there was a lot of junk on my puter that really didn t need to be there so I m not completely heartbroken Just the kids Pics that I can t replace- although they Are the same size as they were in the pics we haven t had the digital camera that long Thanks guys I m sure you will think of something I ve forgotten nbsp

A:The "Awful Thing" Happened

order the update disk from ms this will save you a few hours of d/l

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-awful-thing-happened.242619/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey I need help with my windows 7 to windows 10 upgrade, when i start the upgrade it wont do anything and tells me "something happened."

A:Windows 10 cant update "something happened"

Visit Windows 10 Forums.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376989-windows-10-cant-update-something-happened.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Well guys it happened last night I had to reinstall Windows xp Ouch I thought I lost everything but I have a second HD that I installed a couple of months ago not much on it yet mostly kids games but everything on it is still there - Probably including the thing that caused all the problems The Thing" Happened "Awful Anyway I m trying to think of all the major programs I ll have to reinstall- Can you guys think of anything I m missing Adobe reader quicktime Adaware spybot Norton Hijackthis and my windows update I already put Tsg Yahoo and eBay back in my favorites And is there anything out there- besides having a fast connection that The "Awful Thing" Happened will speed up Downloads - I think you guys said there wasn t but I m hoping I was wrong I m on dial-up of course But I guess I can get a lot of other things done while things are downloading amp there was a lot of junk on my puter that really didn t need to be there so I m not completely heartbroken Just the kids Pics that I can t replace- although they Are the same size as they were in the pics we haven t had the digital camera that long Thanks guys I m sure you will think of something I ve forgotten nbsp

A:The "Awful Thing" Happened

order the update disk from ms this will save you a few hours of d/l

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-awful-thing-happened.242619/
Relevancy 77.4%

As an old XP user, I'm used to being able to customize the toolbar above Explorer windows. One of the icons I always had on the toolbar was the red "X" for deleting files. I cannot find any way to put ANYTHING extra on Win 7 toolbars, let alone the "X". Am I missing something, or has M$ (once again) screwed up their OS?

Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi All - Everytime my system reboots or when I open an app I get a BAD IMAGE pop up I ran a Hijack this log and pasted IMAGE" Endless "BAD with pop-ups below What could it be Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Endless pop-ups with "BAD IMAGE" Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Askarya Taskbar Manager TaskbarManager exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exe C Endless pop-ups with "BAD IMAGE" Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- br br B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO StumbleUpon Launcher - B F -A B- b -BBAC- br br EBEBBB - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - c PROGRA mcafee msk mcapbho dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - br br FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - bef c- b - a-bc b- e e e - C Windows system yutepuwa dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- br br C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - - br br CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A br br -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar StumbleUpon Toolbar - EB C- E - AB- - br br B BA BDC - C Program Files StumbleUpon StumbleUponIEBar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run IgfxTray quot C Windows system igfxtray exe quot O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds quot C Windows system hkcmd exe quot O - HKLM Run Persistence quot C Windows system igfxpers exe quot O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp quot C Windows sttray exe quot O - ... Read more

A:Endless pop-ups with "BAD IMAGE"

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

If you're not receiving help elsewhere and still require assistance for this issue, please follow the process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach as instructed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your next reply.

When posting logs in Notepad, make sure Word Wrap is turned off under the Format tab. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/endless-pop-ups-with-bad-image-325188.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I just received this computer from work it was an old one and I keep getting these quot Messenger "security" Endless pop-ups Service quot notifications They indicate that they are a quot Message from SYSTEM to ALERT quot It indicates that I should visit http e-regpatch com for assistance in fixing the problem I have checked my hijack-this log and it looks pretty clean I have run all of the normal programs Ad-Aware CWS Shredder and a few others and they aren't working I looked through the start-up folder and running processes and nothing Endless "security" pop-ups stands out Here's the log - any thoughts Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System pctspk exe C Program Files NavNT vptray exe C Program Files Sierra Wireless Inc Network Adapter Manager Network Adapter Manager exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Documents and Settings heslk g My Documents Cleaning Tools Spyware Blaster amp Guard SpyGuard SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Documents and Settings heslk g My Documents Cleaning Tools Spyware Blaster amp Guard SpyGuard SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C WINDOWS System Atievxx exe C Program Files Symantec pcAnywhere awhost exe C Program Files NavNT defwatch exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files NavNT rtvscan exe c oracle ora bin ORACLE EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS System MsgSys EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings heslk g My Documents Cleaning Tools HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http proxy ho glic com wpad dat O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Documents and Settings heslk g My Documents Cleaning Tools Spyware Blaster amp Guard SpyGuard SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - HKLM Run PCTVOICE pctspk exe O - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files NavNT vptray exe O - HKLM Run SprintPort quot C Program Files Sierra Wireless Inc AirCard Sprint SprintPortA exe quot O - HKLM Run AirCardEnabler C Program Files Sierra Wireless Inc Network Adapter Manager Network Adapter Manager exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE quot O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Documents and Settings heslk g My Documents Cleaning Tools Spyware Blaster amp Guard SpyGuard SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS inetrepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS inetrepl dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS inetrepl dll O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyPoker PartyPoker exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program F... Read more

A:Endless "security" pop-ups

You're right....that log looks clean, but those symptoms are indicative of malware. Let's do this:

Please empty any Quarantine folder in your antivirus program and purge all recovery items in the Spybot program (if you use it) before running this tool.

Download the Mwav virus checker at http://www.mwti.net/antivirus/mwav.asp (Use Link 3)

1. Save it to a folder.
2. Reboot into Safe Mode.
3. Double click the Mwav.exe file. This is a stand alone tool and NOT just a virus checker......so it won't install anything.
4. Select all local drives, scan all files, and press SCAN. When it is completed, anything found will be displayed in the lower pane.
5. In the Virus Log Information Pane......
Left click and highlight all the information in the Lower pane --- Use &CTRL C &on your keyboard to copy everything found in the lower pane and save it to a notepad file
*Note* If prompted that a virus was found and you need to purchase the product to remove the malware, just close out the prompt and let it continue scanning. We are not going to use this to remove anything...but to ID the bad files.

Once you copy that to a Notepad file...highlight the text and copy it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/endless-security-pop-ups-53445.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey everyone I just joined the forums and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction on this Problem A couple weeks ago all key shortcuts. Suggestions? "NoWinKeys" reg failed entry Adding to enable win of my Win Key Another Key as well as the start menu shortcut all stopped working seemingly out of the blue Possible Causes I don't recall making any major changes to the system at that time except possibly using Revo Uninstaller in Advance Mode and accidentally deleting a needed registry entry Attempted Solutions Assigned the following registry entries the indicated values Code HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer NoWinKeys HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies Explorer NoWinKeys Ran Ad-Aware to check for any malware that could be messing up the system Only the occassional tracking cookie came up This is not so much a solution as a standard practice but I have ESET NOD Anti-Virus update hourly and run scans at every login and more Nothing notable has been returned by these scans Adding "NoWinKeys" reg entry failed to enable win key shortcuts. Suggestions? Verified that the global policy wasn't disabling the shortcuts After editing Adding "NoWinKeys" reg entry failed to enable win key shortcuts. Suggestions? the registry logging off and then on again however the functionality has not returned Anyone have any suggestions or know of other Adding "NoWinKeys" reg entry failed to enable win key shortcuts. Suggestions? components of Windows that might be affecting the shortcuts Any help referral to other documentation would be greatly appreciated I do not know where to go from here on this problem Thanks in advance for any help you can provide

A:Adding "NoWinKeys" reg entry failed to enable win key shortcuts. Suggestions?

Please try the registry file below first - just to see.

RestoreWinKeys.reg

http://www.vistax64.com/software/246008-adding-nowinkeys-reg-entry-failed-enable-win-key-shortcuts-suggestions.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello,
At one point in time I had in my drop-down menu, on My Computer, a close tray function, it appeared? from where I"m not sure. I had to reformat my drive due to some malfunction and when I performed a backup on my hard drive I no longer had that choice.

Anyone familiar with installing this function on win2k?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/adding-close-tray-function-to-my-computer-drop-down-menu.464174/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi guys Here's the scenario A while ago I was using Windows XP Pro on my laptop I was then forced to switch completely to Windows but because I had so many application and configurations done on the to make Existing 7 on VHD Adding "dual (external?) XP - Windows boot". XP I created a VHD from it using this before replacing it Now I want to know if Existing Windows 7 - Adding XP on VHD (external?) to make "dual boot". its possible to set that VHD beside my current OS as dual boot I searched and found solutions but those are either to add a new VHD Windows mostly to the dual boot or loading VHD in virtual machines Also if it is possible can I copy the VHD on my external HDD and load it every time from there The whole idea is because my laptop is not so powerful and it wouldn't handle VMs very well Because of the same reason XP Mode is not an option Normal dual boot also is not preferred for two reasons I want my configurations which are already set on the VHD My laptop's HDD is only GB which does not have too much capacity left already I can spare like - GBs for XP but I really cannot deal with the dual booting mess now I will rarely use the XP for specific tasks so VHD would be much easier if I will have the option Thanks in advance Regards

A:Existing Windows 7 - Adding XP on VHD (external?) to make "dual boot".

Maybe I am wrong but I think there is no standard way of booting natively XP from VHD.

You can copy all files from VHD to a partition on external HDD.

Then maybe PLOP boot manager will allow you to boot from external HDD.
Download and install PLOP in Windows 7 - it will appear as a second boot entry.

On boot when PLOP is selected and started then you can choose which device/partition to boot from (very useful for booting from USB, can also boot disk partitions - read help/manual given on PLOP site)

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/257934-existing-windows-7-adding-xp-vhd-external-make-dual-boot.html
Relevancy 75.25%

This one has me baffled and I hope you can help nbsp Here's the scenario brand new freshly imaged Windows Enterprise workstation image built with MDT and Sysprep machine initially in Workgroup The Task Scheduler service is set to quot automatic quot and is started and running as it "manual" Service going Scheduler after to to Task - adding machine domain should be Add the machine to the domain reboot the Task Scheduler server is now in quot manual Task Scheduler Service - going to "manual" after adding machine to domain quot is not running and any options to change anything are grayed out I can change the startup state to quot automatic quot by going into the registry but we can't have Task Scheduler Service - going to "manual" after adding machine to domain service desk people doing that We need to have Task Scheduler set to quot automatic quot for so many reasons Here is what I have checked so far nbsp Task Scheduler Service - going to "manual" after adding machine to domain ran RSOP msc and check if there is a GPO which is affecting the Task Scheduler service there is not nbsp Checked any GPO's that might be running a script logon logoff etc there doesn't seem to be anything affecting Task Scheduler Does anybody have any ideas about this nbsp Have you ever seen Task Scheduler configured to quot manual quot after adding a machine to the domain nbsp When the freshly imaged machine is just sitting there in Workgroup Task Scheduler is fine so I don't think it is a problem with the image I've tried Googling this a lot but didn't find anything relevant nbsp Thanks if you can help

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/201f7d93-d54a-4e1a-a170-1248de1680b9/task-scheduler-service-going-to-quotmanualquot-after-adding-machine-to-domain?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 75.25%

Greetings All,

I have two questions and hope experts on the Forum are able to help resolving them.

1) Is there a way to add "Project" (to a second screen) to the Action Center Quick Actions at the bottom of the notification panel. Accidentally, I had deleted this and now not able to add it since it is not listed as one of the Quick Actions options under the Notification & Actions in System Setting.

2) All text sizing customizations (Title Bars, Menus, Messages Boxes, Palette Titles, Toolbars, Icons) as well as Clear Type adjustments are completely lost and reset to default after every "Restart" of the system. This does not occur for "Shut Down" or "Sleep."

Thank you in advance for your valued assistance.

Best,

DM...

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/30840-adding-project-second-screen-action-center-quick-actions.html
Relevancy 75.25%

"Media center extender service" gets disabled when adding extender. Help?

Title says it all. I'm trying to connect my 360 to my Win8 PC, but I keep getting "cannot connect to the extender" because of this service shutting down. Everything works fine on my Win7 laptop.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19628-media-center-extender-service-disables-when-adding-extend.html
Relevancy 75.25%

As the title suggests, currently running Windows 7 64-bit, and have had no troubles with my internet in some time. Finally went ahead and set up security on my Linksys router today, but immediately after my PC could no longer connect to the network.

There are two laptops, a desktop, a Playstation 3, and two smart phones that all have no troubles with accessing the network now, but this specific desktop continues to show limited access, despite having full bars. Help?

A:Windows 7 "Limited Access" to internet after adding pass to Linksys

Quote: Originally Posted by atomictoast

As the title suggests, currently running Windows 7 64-bit, and have had no troubles with my internet in some time. Finally went ahead and set up security on my Linksys router today, but immediately after my PC could no longer connect to the network.

There are two laptops, a desktop, a Playstation 3, and two smart phones that all have no troubles with accessing the network now, but this specific desktop continues to show limited access, despite having full bars. Help?

How about your system specs, network setup, type of encryption, etc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195633-windows-7-limited-access-internet-after-adding-pass-linksys.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Greetings all. How do I add the keyboard shortcut command "ctrl+F" to the Internet Explorer context menu? I know where I need to go in the registry to add an item to the context menu of Internet Explorer, but I don't know how to add a keyboard shortcut.

A:Adding "ctrl+F" command to Internet Explorer context menu

I am not sure I understand. Ctrl+F activates the "Find on this page" search box in Internet Explorer (IE) and funcions when you are working in the IE window, there is no setting up required for this.

A right click on the IE icon for a "Find on this page" in the context menu will not be very useful since IE does not yet know what page you intend to look at. If you just want a search function for IE pages you can use the search box on the taskbar.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/40874-adding-ctrl-f-command-internet-explorer-context-menu.html
Relevancy 75.25%

On my network card I have a quot a network cable is unplugged quot after unplugged" adding loss is cable network internet 3 of " A Fedora messege The cable is plugged in I first got this messege after installing Fedora Core on a seperate partition Since it the internet connection didn t work I took Fedora off and Re-Installed Win XP Home edition I have this running off a router the router is connected to another PC running SuSE linux I had this same problem on the other computer but I fixed it after installing SuSE and tweeking bad luck I think something got messed " A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3 up in either the re-sizing of the partition gb to gb to make room for Fedora All I have on the computer now is XP home I need XP It is a shame that d games dont run on linux even though I like linux and am using it to type this messege By the way I had both of the computers working fine off the same internet connection after i fixed the old one and before i messed up the new one nbsp " A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3

A:" A network cable is unplugged" loss of internet after adding Fedora 3

Does the network link light turn on on the router and the NIC in your computer?
If not then you have a problem with the cable and/or the hardware. Operating systems, partitions, etc has nothing to do with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-network-cable-is-unplugged-loss-of-internet-after-adding-fedora-3.24076/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/