Windows Support Forum

PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Q: PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Hi my daughter tried to adjust the resolution and now the screen is Black and stuck on Out Of Range. I cannot even get it safe mode or anything. Just a black screen with the writting. It's a windows xp 32. My son is so sad if anyone knows what to do please help. Thank you.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: PC monitor screen is black & says "Out Of Range"

Repeatedly press F8 while the system is booting.. The very first stuff you see on screen will either be your motherboard splash screen or some text. When you get to the menu where you can make a selection, choose VGA mode NOT Safe Mode. That will boot your computer at 640x480, but it will boot with full driver support, just as if things were normal. Change the resolution to what you want after that.

Remember if you change it to something that goes 'out of range' DO NOT touch anything for 15 seconds. It will revert back to what it was after that time and you can try again.

Unrelated.. Go to school at UMR? or different Miner?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-monitor-screen-is-black-says-out-of-range.210867/
Relevancy 80.6%

My sister (in a distant city) got a new computer running XP called me. Her kids got into the computer and now the screen is black except for a white stripe along the top withe words written there, "out of range."

No mouse control and no cursur.

Any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks, shortcut

A:Black screen except for white strip reading "out of range"

The out of range error is usually generated by the computers memory having problems. try taking the cover off the pc and re-seating the memory. If you can get a memory diagnostic tool off the net somewhere use it. The other guys who post here may be able to tell you of a good one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-except-for-white-strip-reading-out-of-range.169869/
Relevancy 101.91%

Machine HP Envy nr w AMD M XT I've been struggling for the past several related (literally monitor? screen to Black "phantom" - off) days with this getting odd behavior where Windows might install just fine or start a session OK but then at some point my laptop monitor just turns off Even seems to happen on start up before getting to Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the lock screen Yesterday I went all out did factory image reset to Windows updated the Intel HD drivers went to Catalyst beta drivers as well Installed Win as an upgrade All seemed OK briefly then I got some screen flickering and it returned to normal except for the fact that it then thought I had two monitors I think at some point over the weekend while I was screwing around with this it I had my TV plugged in via HDMI and it showed up as monitor In any event I could move my Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? mouse over well past the bounds of my quot real quot monitor and there was definitely a phantom area out there Furthermore under 'Devices' on Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor? the right hand bar it showed I had a second monitor To try and get rid of that I set my quot projector quot settings to duplicate the monitors rather than extend at which point it just turned off and wouldn't return revert Anyone else experience this Any idea of why it would think I have a phantom second monitor Seems awfully suspicious given how many issues I've had

A:Black (literally off) screen - related to "phantom" monitor?

Ah hah! This is definitely the main problem I've been having now! Even with my Intel HD graphics disabled, upon reboot Windows think it finds a second monitor when there isn't one there. Not only that but it makes it the PRIMARY monitor so you can't see anything. You have to just key in your password / PIN, then it will bring you to the desktop.

The question is how the heck do I get rid of this thing permanently!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/11070-black-literally-off-screen-related-phantom-monitor.html
Relevancy 101.48%

first of all, the problem we are having is not with the monitor, as we have just checked it and it works fine on another computer, so, that being said, here is our problem.

when we turn the computer on it begins to boot up, goes into the Windows welcome screen, then the screen flicks off (even shows the orange light like the monitor is not working) and it displays the message "burn in mode". This message is in a blue box and the rest of the screen is black.

If we turn the computer off and try again, the exact same thing happens.

sorry, I am not technical, so this was the best way I could describe what was happening.

hope someone can help

A:"burn in mode" on black monitor screen

Some motherboards have a "burn in" option. What is really happening is that the fsb [front side bus] is being overclocked by 5-10%

Have you tried to enter the bios and set defaults?

Has this always happened or was some hardware / software added or removed?

Is this a custom build or is it a mfg computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burn-in-mode-on-black-monitor-screen.348453/
Relevancy 101.48%

I started successfully my Windows 7+SP1 with newest patches
and can work normally.

Then I turn off my TFT monitor (not the running computer).
Win7 continues to work (as hard disc LED indicator and remote control tools prove).

Later I try to turn on my monitor again.
But much to my surprise the screen stays dark.
Just a moving indicator tells me now "No input signal".

Whats worng?

On a WinXP and another WIndows 7 computer (all with the same monitor) everything works fine. The desktop is shown again after returning to on.
So the hardware is not damaged.
I always have to reboot again to re-show the Windows desktop.

As far as I can rememeber in the first time the Win7 in focus system works as well but then I must have changed some settings.

I am using a motherboard with a core-i5 and H67 chipset with built-in graphic processor. So I have no separate graphic card.

Peter

A:After monitor off + on: "No imput signal" + black screen

It is likely to be the power settings for your monitor:

Press Start:
Type in the 'Search Programs and Files' box "Power Options" (without the " ").

Select the Power Options link offered in the list.
Then, 'Change when the computer sleeps' and from the drop-down menu for your monitor choose 'Never'.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/159056-after-monitor-off-no-imput-signal-black-screen.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi

I have recently bought an LCD logic LCX20LN1 20" tv which has a pc input. When i booted up my pc with the new screen attactched, just after the windows loading screen came up it came up with this message on the screen "out of range". I heard that this happens when you purchase a new monitor but have still not found any help on the internet about how to fix it. I am using Windows XP. Also the TFT screen that i used before that was 17" if that helps.

Thanks

A:New LCD logic 20" screen. When booting up pc comes up with "out of range" message

Did you uninstall the drivers for your previous monitor before installing the new one?

"out of range" is most commonly caused by a resolution\frequency setting that the monitor does not support.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-lcd-logic-20-screen-when-booting-up-pc-comes-up-with-out-of-range-message.38188/
Relevancy 97.18%

I'm trying to fix my brother's computer after he opened a trojan attached to an email The email was the one saying your credit card had been charged Mode screen detected" "Spyware and "Black Screen" Safe for airline tickets The computer is a Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP The first problem is that after normal login there is a blue screen with a yellow window in the window with the message quot Warning Spyware detected on your computer Install an antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer quot There are no icons visible The only action I can perform is CTL-ALT-DEL to bring up the Windows Task Manager I told my brother to start in Safe Mode from which he scanned the computer using AVG Free Edition which was installed before the infection This did not fix the problem Starting Safe Mode I now get a black screen with Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen Safe Mode in the corners and the operating system name at top The blue login screen then comes up with Administrator and my brothers account I click on Administrator and I get the same black screen as before with Safe Mode in the corners and the writing at top My brothers account does the same There are no icons or Start button visible Again the only program I can bring up is the Windows Task Manager Using that I managed to install and run SmitfraudFix which was given as a solution to quot Spyware detected quot screen After rebooting this did not fix the problem I also installed SpyHunter which found Zlob Trojan Rogue AntivirusXP plus some other spyware cookies and files These were removed from the computer Unfortunately this did not remove the Start Mode black screen and quot Spyware detected quot screens The only thing I can find to do next is a Windows XP repair using the Windows XP install CDROM However before I try that is there anything else you could recommend to get rid of these screens

A:Safe Mode "Black Screen" and "Spyware detected" screen

Anyone want to answer this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/safe-mode-black-screen-and-spyware-detected-screen-282897.html
Relevancy 96.75%

I've had my HKC 21.6" monitor for over a year now, and i've been using it with my PC at 1920 x 1080 with no problems.
However, two days ago the screen suddenly went black and displayed the message "Out of Range". I've had to drop the resolution to 1680 x 1050 in order to see anything.

I've tested the monitor with the same VGA cable but with a different computer - this worked fine, so i'm assuming it's something to do with my computer.
I've tried reinstalling my video drivers, but this had no effect. My card is an ATi Radeon HD 5770, haven't had any problems with it before.

Obviously this is pretty irritating since anything other than the native resolution tends to look ugly.

Any help appreciated

A:Monitor displays "Out of Range" at 1080p (graphics card issue?)

Best thing I can advise is. Grab the latest WHQL ATI and CCC drivers.

before installing, uninstall your ati drivers in safe mode and your monitor from device manager.

Boot into normal mode and install the drivers. Make sure in setting you take off check for only display resolutions this monitor can handle,,, ok give it a shot.. let us know.. gl

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-displays-out-of-range-at-1080p-graphics-card-issue.172431/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hey everyone I ve been all over the net but I can t seem to find an answer to the issue that I am having Please excuse the long post but I want to be as thorough as possible First my system specs Windows XP Pro Gigs of RAM Pentium I think at Gig Hard Drive Radeon video card I purchased and installed the Radeon over a year ago and have never had a problem with it Then a few weeks ago I purchased World Of Warcraft for my son and installed in on my computer I did not meet the recommended system requirements it wanted RAM issues out / Range" of / Black Freezing "Out and I only had but the game worked anyway although slowly at times I purchased a Gig RAM DIMM and installed it Then the problems started My computer started freezing up at random intervals Typically it will freeze for about - seconds then it will go black for about - seconds and then it will fix itself Other times it goes black and then reboots the computer Still other times it gives an Out of Range message which sometimes fixes itself and sometimes requires a reboot This Freezing / Black out / "Out of Range" issues tends to happen most when playing games or surfing the internet but it happens at completely randomly I thought maybe there was an issue with the RAM so I tried different configurations including the original one without the new RAM but the problem continued I then tried using the uninstall tool provided by ATI and tried to reinstall the drivers That didn t fix anything One fix suggested I override the refresh rate using dxdiag I did that and set it to Now WoW won t work because it says I don t have a good display device I undid the override but WoW keeps giving me the same message but I seem to have far fewer blackouts WoW support said it wasn t the RAM but the video card ATI was completely worthless and didn t seem to have the first clue about how their cards work or what Windows was I m exaggerating but they were pretty clueless I suppose overheating might be the problem but that seems unlikely as I ve had the card for a long time played a lot of games on it and never had this issue Further I ve reverted back to the original configuration RAM and the problem persisted I ve tried vacuuming but that didn t change anything I ve used a free driver cleaner I don t remember which one to clean up all of the ATI drivers after using the uninstall tool provided by ATI That didn t do any good either I m not a computer guru AT ALL but this seems like it should be a simple setting in the computer that is out of whack since I installed the new RAM That seemed to be the trigger for the problems but reversing it does not reverse the programs I guess that s about it I could really use some suggestions of what I should try next I m really at a loss and I m not sure how to continue to try and fix the problem Thanks in advance for any assistance that you can provide John nbsp

A:Freezing / Black out / "Out of Range" issues

Test the Ram with memtest :- http://www.memtest.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-black-out-out-of-range-issues.716228/
Relevancy 96.75%

when trying to play games,eg:age of empires,comand and conquer,my sons digital monitor displays the error,out of range,with a flashing H freq-93.9khz and a non flashing V freq-144hz on a black background.
any idea`s?
k6-2 500meg.sb live.nvidia riva tnt2.256meg pc133sdram.

A:[SOLVED] digital monitor displays"out of range" error

Try going into display properties, settings, advanced button, adapter tab, change it to adapter default.
should work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-digital-monitor-displays-out-of-range-error.68855/
Relevancy 96.75%

Help me someone please, ive been having some problems with a second hand computor i got (as anyone hu has seen my old topics in the last few days will know). Ive finally got vista home prem to reinstall but during the completely installation process the monitor goes black and displays a little blue box saying:

out of range
vga: 1024x768
h. sync: +68.8khz
v. sync: +85.1hz
clock: 184.0 mhz

What is this and why is it happening? and more importantly what can i do to fix it?
ive tried upplugging and plugging back in the monitor. I dont have another monitor i can easily get at the minute either.

I wouldnt be so bothered and id just deal with this in the morning but im in the middle of vista installation (somthin ive been tryin to do for the last week with no sucess untill now!).

Thanks

A:Help! Monitor saying "out of range" in the middle of windows vista instalation!

Hello Hayley,
The problem is that your monitor is not compatable with your computer, here's what you need to try, i dont know how much you know about PC's so i will assume you are a beginner, (sorry if your not),

Start your computer and while it is booting up (starting) press F8 (top row on keyboard) every secound or so.
You will come to a screen like this or something like it,

Use the up/down arrows on your keyboard to highlight the "enable low resolution video (640x480)" option and press enter.
Good luck and post your result.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/233892-help-monitor-saying-out-range-middle-windows-vista-instalation.html
Relevancy 96.75%

When I boot with the install DVD in in the drive, I initially get the message: "Out of Range/H Freq 35 kHz/V Freq 87 HZ." After a while the screen self-corrects, and booting begins normally. I accept license and choose Custom Installation. After running for a while, the "Out of Range" message reappears again and doesn't go away. I can't move beyond here because I can't read the screen. The monitor is a ViewSonic VP191b,  msg: V Freq outside of 60 - 75 range can harm monitor. Computer custom built (The Computer Place, tcponline.com) in 2004, ASUS motherboard P4SP-MX (Prescott; needs Knowledge Base download to install XP SP-2,) Intel P4 2.4A 533 FSB CPU. Originally purchased w/o operating system to experiment with LINUX. Both drives (40 GB & 250 GB) reformatted in order to install Windows 7.

A:Windows 7 Clean Install Forces Monitor "Out of Range"

Hello,

According to your thread, I suspect that the issue might be display device driver related.

First you might keep windows update regularly to obtain the latest driver for your device. Note: Drivers on the Windows Update site are directly provided by hardware manufacturers. Microsoft tests drivers in various environments before they are published; however, we cannot guarantee all drivers will work on all hardware platforms as there are too many different models, although their hardware ID are the same as the standard version. In some cases, due to hardware modifications by different manufacturers, the driver updates may cause some error.

If it does not work on your issue, I'd suggest you installing the Vista driver in Compatibility mode. Remove and rescan that hardware device in Device Manager, right-click on the driver executable/installer file -> Properties and select the Compatibility tab; click the checkbox before Run this program in Compatibility mode for option and select Windows Vista in the list-down box; then try installing the device driver. In addition, you can use the Windows XP driver for testing.

Meanwhile, please understand that Windows 7 is a new operating system and whole driverstore has been reprogrammed; you might wait for another period of time till the retail version is released and push the vendor company to upgrade their device driver. Thanks for your time and understanding!

For more details, please look at the first Sticky thread at the top of this forum.
What can I do if my hardware does not work?

This will give you some guidelines.

Good Luck!
Andy

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/80fcac58-69e5-442a-b6ab-e5b09f30a528/windows-7-clean-install-forces-monitor-quotout-of-rangequot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 96.75%

I had my old computer hooked up to a 22" LCD but when I got a new computer I hooked it (the old computer) up to a 17" LCD. On startup, I get the windows splash screen, then everything goes blank and I get the Input Signal Out of Range message.

I was able to get into safe mode where I set the screen resolution back to the lowest setting. I rebooted and had the same message. Now I have tried a number of times and can't even get back into safe mode. I start tapping F8 when the splash screen shows up - is that too soon?

Please advise on how to get back into safe mode and then what do I do differently once I get there. Thanks!

A:Changed Monitor - "Input Signal Out of Range" message

Try hooking back up the 22inch resetting the resolution and saving it from within regular windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-monitor-input-signal-out-of-range-message.814242/
Relevancy 96.32%

i just sent my computer in to get a new power source installed and upon return of my computer i hooked it up to a different monitor than the one i normally use and everything was working fine. i bring the computer back up to my school and plug it into my relatively new flat screen LCD monitor and when it starts up, it goes through all of the booting screens, but when windows loads up the screen just goes black with a small blue message box in the middle that reads "ANALOG OUT OF REACH 75.3 kHz / 60 Hz." i have no idea why it says that but i dont know how to go about changing whatever it is that's wrong with it. can someone please help me out here?

A:LG LCD monitor message "OUT OF RANGE" after computer repair. HELP PLEASE!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-lcd-monitor-message-out-of-range-after-computer-repair-help-please.645080/
Relevancy 96.32%

i searched for this problem on forums, but none were like mine...

i know i need to set the resolution lower..but i cant see anything on the screen, i tired to boot in safe mode, it says the resolution is in 600x800. (but i think thats just the safe mode resolution, cause i have no options to change it)

what do i have to do in safe mode to get the computer to work normally again??? can i reset something, or delete something? i'm just really stuck here and need some help, thanks.

A:Monitor Trouble! It Says "Out Of Scan Range" and i cant do anyting. please help

Two ways:

1. Boot into Safe Mode (F8). Change the display to 640x480 or 800x600 AND CLICK OK. Don't click CANCEL. Then boot back into normal.

2. Boot into Safe Mode (F8) and uninstall the video drivers. Then boot back into normal. Cancel out when Windows offers to install the drivers again. Then go to the website for your video card and download the drivers from there. (Don't use the ones that Windows wants you to use, get the reference drivers.) For instance, if you have a GeForce, go to http://www.nvidia.com.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-trouble-it-says-out-of-scan-range-and-i-cant-do-anyting-please-help.728491/
Relevancy 96.32%

Good day all I just had the oppurtunity to move on to Windows after installing everything was good login "OUT FREQUENCY Monitor cries: OF RANGE" at As far as I can see Now my Monitor cries: "OUT OF FREQUENCY RANGE" at login system has a GeForce Graphics Card so naturally I would want to install the NVIDIA drivers Here is when sith happens After the mandatory restart Win loads good so far then my Monitor a Likom S something quot CRT monitor Monitor cries: "OUT OF FREQUENCY RANGE" at login would whine at me about quot Frequency out of range quot I could hear the startup sound but see nothing except the quot Frequency out of range quot message The manual for my Monitor says that the maximum resolution for the Monitor is x Hz I tried changing to different modes Via Safe Mode to no avail I even plugged my PC to a different monitor It worked fine and set the resolution to a very low x Hz but when I plugged it back it still is quot Out of Range quot Anyone can assist me with troubleshooting this Cheers

A:Monitor cries: "OUT OF FREQUENCY RANGE" at login

Try this.

1. Boot in safe mode.
2. Un-install the nvidia display driver.
3. Set the display settings to some supported value.
4. Restart, install nvidia display driver and set the appropriate settings which your monitor supports.
5. Restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/85717-monitor-cries-out-frequency-range-login.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hi there I just got a new computer with a viewsonic 19 inch monitor geforce 7300 card running on windows xp pro and evertime i attempt to play a game my monitor goes out of range. I have tried to change the res to just about everything and it doesnt seem to help. Can anyone help me on this!

Candace

anyone know why my computer is doing this? at times the computer stayes out of range and i cant not get it to reset

A:Monitor goes "out of range" when attempting to play games

Your game is opening up in a resolution to great for your monitor - try and adjust the settings for the game in an ini file or something.

Simon

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-out-of-range-when-attempting-to-play-games.90607/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi all hope someone out there can be my saviour and come up with a fix for this My hard drive on my PC failed so had to buy a new one amp at the same time upgraded to Windows Ultimate bit and here comes the problem my monitor I'm using is also my TV Bush quot LCD and once windows boots up I receive an quot out "out monitor upgrade message after 7 range" of Win of range quot error message on a blank screen I'm using the same screen as I was when I was running XP but on Win it just doesn't seem to want to play ball I've received this message before on XP but just needed to change the refresh rate down from hz to hz which I've done this time round but it hasn't solved the problem anyone have any advise for me I'm using a VGA cable to connect my monitor to my PC my monitor doesn't have a DVI port but my PC does I'm currently using monitor from another PC in the house to use my PC so I know that the video card's working there must just be some kind of conflict somewhere

A:"out of range" monitor message after Win 7 upgrade

i'm pretty sure that message means your video card is using settings that are too high for your monitor to handle. check the specs for your monitor and adjust your video card settings to match.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/127632-out-range-monitor-message-after-win-7-upgrade.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Dell Insperon Notebook that I ve attached an external monitor Gateway Vivitron keyboard and mouse both dell to Through the ports in the back not with a port replicator They all have worked very well for almost a year now Then just the other day my monitor lost the primary color of red and a few hours later it just sat there with a black screen and a blue box that has a message in it that reads out of scan range I restarted my computer several times checked both of "out monitor scan range" message power cord amp connector cord for any kind of damage I also check to make sure they were properly attached to the back of the monitor and the power outlet or computer I even shut the whole thing down let them sit for a day I have done some searching online I found one article regarding an out of scan range message that hinted at the problem being the monitor is to old for the computer it is hooked up to Most of the article was very technical and "out of scan range" monitor message I couldn t understand much of it Now I know loosing a primary color can be any number of problems but what confuses me is the out of scan range message if it s because the monitor is to old for the computer it s hooked up to why did it work for almost a year with no problems Is my monitor in need of some major repair or is there a problem with my computer "out of scan range" monitor message reading "out of scan range" monitor message the monitor Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated and thank you for you time in advance By the way when I first hooked up the monitor to my laptop I did not have to install a driver it recognized the monitor right away and worked fine I just plugged and played nbsp

A:"out of scan range" monitor message

"out of scan range" generally means u are trying to display a higher resolution/ refresh rate than the monitor can display.

what size is the screen on the laptop and the external monitor. Also what are their res/refresh? can you still see the screen on the laptop? if so lower the res/refresh and this should solve your problem.

if you cant get a picture on either monitor or screen boot into safe mode and uninstall your gfx card. when you reboot it will either install a default one or reinstall your old driver. either way it should sort you out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/out-of-scan-range-monitor-message.188056/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a NEC MultiSync LCD1565 Flat Screen Monitor. Every once in a while I'll Download a game demo, when I go to play the monitor says Out of range. Sometimes I can fix this if the game has a settings prior to lgame load feature. this has become rather frustrating.

Current settings:
1024x768 32 bit true color 60MHZ
I have most recent drivers loaded for both
monitor and video card.
GeForce FX5600 Ultra 128MB Video Card

Any suggestions?
BTW I've tried changing the res on my monitor from advanced settings. the only res that works with out error is 1024x768

A:Monitor says "out of range" on select games

I managed to fix this by playing around with the advanced settings for referance to anyone who might be experiencing the same thing:
start-settings-control panel-display-settings tab-advanced-Geforce tab-on left select change resolution-advanced timing-un check interlace mode.
seems to be working fine! No more "out of range"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-says-out-of-range-on-select-games.15732/
Relevancy 95.46%

Increased screen resolution via display properties>settings>screen resolution. Pushed the slider all the way to the right, now monitor displays an "out of range" message and I cannot undo what I did. Help!

A:Message "out of range" displayed on monitor

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look at this Microsoft article.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/message-out-of-range-displayed-on-monitor.77164/
Relevancy 95.46%

Monitor flickers on and off, at random times.

As its off, it states "Out of Range" in the middle of the screen in a small blue text box.

Monitor Drivers updated, no fix.

Graphics Card drivers updated, no fix.

Would be awesome if someone can help me out here, I cant get anything done on my pc with a flickering screen,

Thanks!
Esco

Relevancy 95.46%

Here's the deal: I try to play fallout 3 and can get to the main menu and whatnot, but after the intro movie, when the actual game begins, my monitor displays the message "out of range" or turns pitch black. Usually I can hear the game's sounds playing out for a couple seconds while the screen is black. This happens and then my computer does a weird shutdown with the screen still black and no sound.

This out of range thing has happened with Bioshock too.

I've tried installing older versions of catalyst but that didnt work, nor did the Omega drivers.

I'm trying to play at resolutions that are supported by my monitor, 1024 by 768 and 800 by 600. So I'm wondering if maybe my graphics card is kaput? Or my power supply?

A:Monitor goes "Out Of Range" when playing certain games

Hello ,

with the shut down i would tend to lean twords the power supply

what i would like you to do is follow this link & download this program

http://www.majorgeeks.com/EVEREST_Fr...ion_d4181.html

now once installed & loaded you will see this will give you all knids of good info about your system

look for the sensors part and then copy the info there & post it back here

also what is the spec's of your video card

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-goes-out-of-range-when-playing-certain-games-332863.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, I've been merrily playing Simcity 4 since forever with no problems, until two days ago when xp was updated to sp3. Suddenly the game will run for 10 seconds and then I get a black screen with "out of range" on it. I had this issue when I first ran Sims 3 but updated the monitor and graphics drivers, changed the frequency etc and all was well.

Now however, nothing is working, all drivers are up to date and even 800 x 600 res doesn't work. Everything was fine right up til the arrival of sp3. What am I missing? What did it do to my pooter?!

Thanks in advance,
Lauren

Relevancy 95.46%

I set the pixel settings for my monitor at 1600 X 1200 & when applied, the monitor blacked out and came back with a message of "Out of Scan Range." Obviously, I went too far, but how do I get my old settings back if I can't see anything on my monitor? Do I need to take my tower to somebody that actually uses that setting such as an architect with CAD?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

Joe

A:Monitor Settings "Out of Scan Range."

jthammer
Welcome to TSG!
Try booting into safe mode and change it back there.
Keep tapping F8 key at startup until you get startup screen.
Select safe mode.

If that don't work:

Win98 and 98SE
Do the F8 thing again this time select command prompt.
Type in Scanreg /restore hit enter and arrow down to date before you changed settings.
enter and restart

WinME
If your able to enter safe mode go to start/programs/accessories/system tools and select system restore
Select date prior to change and hit OK.

If your unable to see in safe mode
use the WinME startup disc and select minimal boot
At command prompt type;
enter c:\windows\command\scanreg /restore
and arrow down to date before change enter and restart

Note remove disc before reboot.

Let us know how that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-settings-out-of-scan-range.48267/
Relevancy 95.46%

I have a Viewsonic E-655 and when I put it on my computer nothing happens... if I pull out the power and then replaace it there is just five shimmering balck belts accross thre screen. I tried it on my Mum's computer, and it came up with the message Frequency Over range. What is this.
I had it out last night and had it plugged through a Sanyo projector - ie. the computer plugged into the projector and so did the monitor. Would this have done it? Also, carrying it back out to the car when it was raning might have gotten it wet?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Tony

A:Viewsonic Monitor "Frequency Over Range"

Only thing I can think of is that your video settings got changed somehow. Can you put another monitor on your machine, boot up into windows. go to start/settings/control panel/display/settings tab/advanced button/adapter tab/ in the drop down box if refresh rate is set to optimal change it to adapter default, save , shutdown and hook up the other monitor. Long shot, probably won't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewsonic-monitor-frequency-over-range.50445/
Relevancy 95.46%

My monitor (see above) boots 1/2 way thru Win 7 then I get a blank screen and a red box that says "out of range".  I contacted Westinghouse they said it is a known problem they have contacted Microsoft with no solution yet.  Has anybody fixed this problem?  I used this setup every day doing ACAD for work.  Using Gigabyte ATI HD4670 card in an HP m9417c.

A:westinghouse L2610NW monitor "out of range"

Hi chuckb007,

When this error occurs, it indicates the monitor cannot detect or set up the video signal.

First, please test the issue with another monitor and see if the issue occurs. If the issue does not occur with other monitors, please contact the monitor manufacturer for direct assistance.

If the issue persists using other monitors, please double check the cable connections and then restart the computer. If there are 2 video ports, move your monitor to the second port.

What is the result? If the issue persists, please go to Safe Mode (Restart computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Safe Mode], and boot up) and check if the issue still occurs.

If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, please restart the computer, press the F8 key when the boot menu pops up, select [Enable low-resolution video (640x480)] and see if the issue occurs in this mode.

If the issue disappears in this mode, you can change the screen resolution to a lower one such as (800x600) and see if the issue exists.

Also, install the latest display card driver which is fully compatible with Windows 7.

For more information about this issue, you can refer to this HP website: Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Linda

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6a772887-3d50-480a-a4a6-93e75f806e3a/westinghouse-l2610nw-monitor-quotout-of-rangequot?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 95.46%

my pc is an ibm so how can i fix it if it displays "out of range" message?

A:how to fix if monitor displays "out of range" message?

what kind of monitor and what kind of graphics adapter? ( card\onboard?)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-fix-if-monitor-displays-out-of-range-message.35314/
Relevancy 95.46%

So recently I attempted to play this game Eldritch on my computer I had no issue loading it the problem arose when I went to options and clicked quot Fullscreen quot The monitor went black and a simple message popped up saying quot Out of range quot I tried fiddling with it for a bit to no avail so I opted to restart the computer Now whenever I turn it on that same quot Out of Range quot message is displayed alongside a black screen I m unsure of what to do or how to proceed considering that I can t see anything on the monitor I ve read that I startup monitor range" upon on displayed "Out of can enable a safe start up setting but I ve also read that the only way to do that is with a working monitor I m on Windows I feel like the only way "Out of range" displayed on monitor upon startup to solve the problem is by borrowing a better monitor from one of my friends so that I can access my computer and change the settings but I d really "Out of range" displayed on monitor upon startup just like to fix this issue now So can anyone help me nbsp

Relevancy 95.46%

Hi I m have HP Pavilion P f computer with LG Flatron W TQ monitor The computer is a few months old I had the monitor before the computer but it is fairly new as well Everything worked "Analog range" out LG of Monitor displays beautifully for a few months then I started getting a dark screen with quot Analog our of range KHz Hz quot displayed when the computer was not being used for a while My only recourse was to turn LG Monitor displays "Analog out of range" off the computer by holding the off button I am now getting this once or twice a day HP recommends that you not turn off the LG Monitor displays "Analog out of range" computer at all just put it in the sleep mode when not in use so I m worried that I might be harming the computer by turning it off this way Is there another way to turn it off in this situation without just holding the off switch Also is there a way to recover back to the normal screen display from the quot analog out of range quot display I have put the resolution to the recommended X at Hz and have checked for up to date drivers I have noticed that there are a lot of LG monitor problems with this same quot out of range quot scenario when you Google this problem so I m pretty sure that it is the monitor and not the computer that is the bad guy Short of buying another monitor probably an HP this time or changing the video card to one that will be compatible to the LG not sure what that would be is there something else that I could try first Thanks for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 95.46%

Just bought a Hercules 3D Prophet 4000XT 64MB PCI video card which has the Kyro chip. My KDS led monitor has no video except a box stating input is "out of range". The input is detected at 84 hrz. The monitor's range is 60 - 70 hrz.

The seller says the card is capable of a range from 60 - 85 hrz. He told me to " clear CMOS and change settings in control pannel". I don't know how to clear CMOS. Please advise. Thanks.

A:Video card "out of Range" of Monitor

Your monitor cannot display the resolution or the frequency. Lower the setting to say 800x600 60hz and bump it up from there until you get the messaga again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-out-of-range-of-monitor.14469/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 93.31%

When running certain games, I get the frustrating message:
"Out of Range: Set Monitor to 1024x768 @ 75htz"

My resolution is always set to 1024x768 (it won't allow anything else), but changing the frequency does nothing at all. I normally have it set to 60htz, since 75htz makes it nigh impossible to read. But having it set correctly still gives me the "Out of Range" message.

I've changed the frequency through the various video test settings in the games themselves, through the Control Panel, on the monitor itself, and nVIDIA.

I'm running a Hewlett-Packard Pavilion, AMD Athlon XP 2600+.
Monitor is also hp Pavilion, vf51.
nVIDIA is GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU.
Games in question: Diablo II and MapleStory (other games and applications work perfectly fine).

All my drivers are up to date... any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/out-of-range-monitor-issues.25931/
Relevancy 93.31%

So, I accidentally clicked to make my resolution a certain size(I didn't see what i clicked), but all the sudden my monitor just shows "out of range"..

I've tried logging into safe mode and changing the resolution back to the smallest size and logging back on into normal mode, but it's still not working, what else could I do?

I tried looking at other threads but the video adapter mode doesn't have the same buttons and I don't know what I'm supposed to click on..

Can someone help me please?

A:Monitor shows "Out of Range"

While in safe mode you could try going to the Device Manager and uninstall the Display Adapters (including the secondary) and restart the PC. Just be sure you uninstall, not disable them. When you restart, Windows will reinstall the graphics driver, hopefully with a resolution that is within range.

If that doesn't work, you can always uninstall the graphics driver in Add or Remove Programs (again while in safe mode), restart and manually reinstall a new graphics driver. Have the driver on hand in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-shows-out-of-range.95651/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi Folks.

On an eMachine D2685. LED monitor shows continual blue
square that says "out of range". I put the drivers in
when running a regular 17" CRT. I have a feeling that this
would solve if I take out the Drivers, and reinstall them
with the new monitor (LED) plugged in.

Ideas ?

Thanks All,

Relevancy 92.45%

Hello All I just received a brand new computer a few days ago from CyberPower PC I've attached the specs below That being said I noticed a problem when I was quot in a game quot and within an hr the fan revved up and the computer shut down to black screen monitor read quot no input quot Thinking this was a one-off I tried again and the same symptoms persist - after playing for some time the screen goes blank no error messages the fan rev's up and requires a hard reboot As an FYI I paid Cyberpower to OC this computer for me No error message whatsoever Next during one of the quot Computer New Fan "Ramps "Black - Up" - Screen" hard reboots quot a message popped up before windows that said the setting were unstable and that I had to reduce my clock speed down - so I clicked accept there New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" were no other options to potentially ignore this message Here are the steps I've taken to date Upgrade the MOBO GPU drivers Plugged the system directly into the outlet to ensure adequate power as opposed to power bar Ensured RAM and GPU was seated properly Ran MEMTEST - no issues Ran Prime - gt Torture Test - gt Blend - Causes a quot FATAL ERROR New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" quot every time as per below quot FATAL ERROR Rounding was expected less than quot quot Hardware failure detected - consult stress txt file quot Torture Test Completed Tests in hrs minutes - error warnings quot Each quot worker quot in this test I'm assuming for each core had a different result as per below Worker - no error Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than Worker - Rounding was expected less than My CPU spec's are as follows CPU Intel Core i - K GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR CAS Cooler Master HAF Mid-Tower Gaming Case w Adjustable HDD Cage Black Color FREEBIE MB FREE N Dual Band Wireless Bluetooth Expansion Card FAN Asetek LC Liquid Cooling System MM Radiator amp Fan Enhanced Cooling Performance Extreme Silent at dBA Dual Standard MM Fans Push-Pull HDD TB Western Digital Caviar Blue SATA-III Gb s RPM HDD Single Drive HDD GB SAMSUNG Series SATA-III Gb s SSD - MB s Read amp MB s Write Single Drive IUSB Built-in USB Ports MOTHERBOARD CrossFireX SLI GIGABYTE GA-Z X-D New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up" H Intel Z Chipset DDR ATX Mainboard w IRST Lucid Virtu MVP Ultra Durable Classic HD Audio GbLAN x Gen PCIe x x PCIe x amp PCI All Venom OC Certified MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory Patriot Viper Intel Extreme Masters Edition NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network OVERCLOCK Extreme OC Extreme Overclock or more OS Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Edition POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CMPSU- TXV Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO TUNING Intel Core i - K Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel VIDEO AMD Radeon HD GB X PCIe Video Card Major Brand Powered by AMD FYI - I've run Speedfan during the crashes in Prime and during gaming and no temperatures seem off the highest the CPU got was Celsius The system is under warrranty - but this isn't the ideal scenario for me as the shipping to fix it will cost me approx Andrew

A:New Computer - "Black Screen" - Fan "Ramps Up"

Seems like a thermal shutdown to me. When CPU/GPU overheats, the system either reduces their clock in order to cool them down or does a hard shutdown to protect the hardware. You said you OCed your hardware. Make sure that your are running the CPU/GPU at stock clocks and not overcloking them and also make sure the cooling system is working properly (ie, the fans) and air is flowing good. Thanks for reading.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/286036-new-computer-black-screen-fan-ramps-up.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I am running Windows XP Pro and whenever I try switching users, the screen will go black then a blue box comes up with 'OUT OF SCAN RANGE'. I have to manually restart the computer because nothing else works. Please help me, and tell me what to change or how to figure out what is causing this.

Thanks a billion!!!

A:Blue screen with "OUT OF SCAN RANGE"

The video settings are too high for the monitor. Tap F8 during boot and choose VGA mode and enter the users profile that has problems and chenge the video settings to match the other users.
Re-boot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-with-out-of-scan-range.247295/
Relevancy 91.59%

I've been here before and cannot remember if I had to go into the registry or what....
I had a systemboard problem. saved my hard drive and memory, swapped out the system board for one that is similar but not exact, so I'm just now rebuilding things.
Win7 Ultimate edition booted right up and had no trouble with chipset etc.
Except, that right when it shifts into its managed graphics mode at the point it presents the various user account login widgets, the screen resolution/refresh is set, and I lose the display. The flat panel control IC is kind enough to give me "Out of Range 59HZ-65KHz".

So I went in through Safe Mode and changed the preferred resolution, but of course that did not work.

What do I need to do to get a "default" of something easy like 800x600 256 color 60Hz so I can start there and set something workable??

A:Default Refresh "Out of Range". Can't see screen

Quote: Originally Posted by zapp22

I've been here before and cannot remember if I had to go into the registry or what....
I had a systemboard problem. saved my hard drive and memory, swapped out the system board for one that is similar but not exact, so I'm just now rebuilding things.
Win7 Ultimate edition booted right up and had no trouble with chipset etc.
Except, that right when it shifts into its managed graphics mode at the point it presents the various user account login widgets, the screen resolution/refresh is set, and I lose the display. The flat panel control IC is kind enough to give me "Out of Range 59HZ-65KHz".

So I went in through Safe Mode and changed the preferred resolution, but of course that did not work.

What do I need to do to get a "default" of something easy like 800x600 256 color 60Hz so I can start there and set something workable??

When lacking the ability to set the refresh, you should try and reboot the system into Safe Mode. You should be able to do that by as soon as the system starts up, tap the 'F8' key to get a boot menu. Try and do that BEFORE the 'Starting Windows' screen comes up. It should then prompt you for what you want to do.

You should then be able to log in as the local administrator to your machine, be sure you know your Local Admin password.

From there, you can at least set the video to a lower resolution with a proper refresh rate for you to use your computer. Restart the machine.

From there, let it boot normally, and you should be able to see your system. Readjust your video to something more easier to read, but also use the 'Apply' button to have it do tests as you work your way up to the resolution and refresh rate you want, this will avoid certain 'surprises' like this again.

Also, in the future, when you replace hardware or do some hardware changes of this nature, namely motherboard or graphics card, you might want to consider making a setup account. When you are about to make a change (And this also assumes you have a chance to), use the setup account and force the settings to lowest common denominator. This will help preserve your desktop if you have things set a certain way (Like I prefer my icons in a certain place) and you have an alternative account to use in case of certain malware issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/111186-default-refresh-out-range-cant-see-screen.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Periodically, with no apparent pattern, a message will appear on the screen saying "out of range"....that's all the message. It occurs when I haven't been on for awhile, and instead of a blank screen---message appears. Nothing, not even hitting the reset button does anything. I always have to turn off the surge protector & I usually wait about a minute and then turn it back on & turn on the cpu and it seems to take care of it. I would like to know why it happens at all. I run XP and have DSL.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/out-of-range-appears-on-screen-must-unplug-to-fix-it.796312/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have read several threads with similar problems and it seems that the "blue screen" of old Windows crashes has been replaced with the "black screen of death". Anyway, I'm trying to get an older HP running. I get the Windows splash screen then the above described "black screen". I get this in "safe mode", also. I'm starting to lean towards the hard drive and will start trying to find out what brand it is and go to their web site and see if they have a utility program to check it. If anyone has any suggestions, they will be appreciated...

It's running Windows XP Home with 128mg of ram; just a basic box, nothing special...Thanks in advance, dm

A:Has the "black screen" replaced the "blue screen"?

greetings
do you have the xp disk available?
[128 meg ram for xp is a little light]
post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/has-the-black-screen-replaced-the-blue-screen-60871.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I had a mate of mine come around and change the msconfig settings because he felt my computer was running too slow. Hmm, now when I go to load up and play any online games, Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield Vietnam, etc, it comes up with a black screen and a blue texted on white message reading "Monitor out of Range".

I have changed the settings back to normal, checked that my monitor settings were ok, they were, can hear sound coming from the games but no visual.

Please please please, can anyone give me any helpful suggestions?

I have reinstalled Windows XP with Service Pack 2 over the top, trying to re-establish the lost whatever it is, and no luck, made some other things work that didn't after he fiddled, but alas, not my games. HELP!

A:Monitor "Out of Range"

What kind of video card? Did you reinstall with latest drivers? Check your refresh rate. Finally, check your connections to your video card.
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-out-of-range.26993/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi

Every time I go to DOS, (to run dos applications, command prompt, games: anything) my monitor goes all spaz and coloured bars come up at the sides and it says "Input Signal: Out of range", and starts a 20 second timer afterwhich it goes into standby..?
It's an LG 19" Flatron LCD Model: L1710S
running Windows XP SP2

Thanks
-D

Relevancy 90.3%

i've just installed windows 7, a beta version
i think it has selected a rezolution that's too high for my monitor, so i can't see anything on screen, it just says "out of range"
i can't start it in safe mode until installation is complete, that means running it for the first time.
Any sugestions?

A:need help - Monitor "out of range"

That shouldn't be the case, Windows chooses the Native resolution (the Best resolution), so you don't get this problem.

Have you tried to reinstall 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/47890-need-help-monitor-out-range.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I was working on adjusting the resolution of my second external screen with the laptop main screen off. So when I have the second screen running and the laptop screen off I can only see the error "out of range 75-60 hz". I can see the second screen when duplicating or extending the screen, meaning that when I have both screens on then both screens are working and I can change the resolution of each however I want. However, If I change the setting to "2nd screen only" then I get the "out of range 75-60 hz" message and I am then unable to adjust the resolution due to an obvious lack of a working screen. How can I adjust the default setting for a 2nd screen's resolution when the 2nd screen is set to an "out of range" setting AND the 2nd monitor is the only monitor being used?

A:2nd screen stuck on "out of range" setting when using 2nd screen only

Does this make sense or have I offended the "faithful"? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/63516-2nd-screen-stuck-out-range-setting-when-using-2nd-screen-only.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have been using Samsung SyncMaster 740N 17" LCD monitor for about 2 years.
I have Windows XP SP2 installed with UBuntu (installed with wubi).

Everytime I boot, the vendor screen first comes ( Lenovo) and then there is no display. The monitor power LED flashes
continuously. Then, the first operating system in the boot menu loads up after sometime and till I get Windows XP loading
screen, no display comes in the monitor and it is just black & the power LED flashes. Sometimes, I dont even
get the Operating system loading screen. Its just black after the Vendor screen comes. Then I have to restart it using
the button in CPU to reboot it again to see if everything works properly atleast in the next time.

What could be the problem. Is this a problem with monitor or operating system. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/samsung-17-lcd-monitor-screen-turns-black-on-reboot.883692/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi!

I've just bought and installed my brand new Acer S243HL LCD Monitor to my computer. I've followed the instructions and done everything as it should be in the set-up process. The problem is, I got this frame in 1920 x 1080 and 1776 x 1000 modes. I'm using a HDMI-cable.

This is how it looks like:

Here's my computer specs:

Manufacturer: Self built
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 8192 MB RAM
Hard Drive: 1,77 TB Total
Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 4890 1GB GDDR5
Monitor: Acer S243HL LCD
Sound Card: ATI HDMI Output (ATI High Definition Audio Device)
Speakers/Headphones: Logitech Z-680 5.1 THX / Icemat Siberia Headset
Keyboard: Ideazon USB Zboard
Mouse: Logitech G5 Laser Mouse
Mouse Surface: SteelPad 5L
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Motherboard: MSI P45 Neo-F
Computer Case: Cooler Master HAF 932
Thanks in advance!

A:Solved: Acer S243HL LCD Monitor "black frame" problem

/BUMP!

I've found out some more since last time. I brought the monitor back to where I bought it, and it worked completely fine, so I came up with a conclusion.

It has to be something with my graphics card or something. But that is also actually a bit weird, 'cause I get the frame even while booting! Why!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-s243hl-lcd-monitor-black-frame-problem.905412/
Relevancy 88.15%

Moved our desktop computer and during reconnection realized everything was working except the sound. Plugged in the speakers to what I thought was the correct connection (next to the monitor plug...it was the only space that was the right size) to find out it most likely was not :-( Monitor went black and now only says "in power save mode press any button on keyboard or move mouse" then goes black again. Keyboard
lights are not working and mouse is unresponsive.
I've unplugged everything and powered off the computer. Reboot sounds normal but can not see anything. Any suggestions?!

A:monitor is black and reads "in power save mode"

Welcome to TSG! Sorry nobody got back to you sooner. If your thread ever goes a few days without a response feel free to post the word "bump", which will move it to the top of the list and hopefully catch somebody's attention.

Sounds like you may have toasted something in the motherboard; I don't know exactly why this would be. Try one of the two options below:

1) Plug a known working monitor into the PC. If it works, then there is just some problem with the original monitor. Hopefully nothing else is wrong. If it does not work, then you have almost certainly damaged something inside the PC.
2) Plug the monitor into a known working PC. If it works, then you know there must be a problem with the board inside the original PC. If it doesn't, then your problem lies within your monitor.

Let me know the results and we will go from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-is-black-and-reads-in-power-save-mode.881509/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi there

This should be easy for you excel experts to figure out. I'm stuck on only one line of code in Excel. The line is in bold.

If Range("F1").formulaR1C1 = "WW????" then
Application.Run "Macro1"
Else
Application.Run "Macro2"

What I want to do is this. If the user puts in WW1234 or WW6598 or any other text or number after the WW in Cell F1 then execute Macro 1 else execute macro 2.

Please help

A:Solved: Excel code - If Range("F1") - "WW?????" then

I would copy one of these http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18617175/check-whether-a-cell-contains-a-substring

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-code-if-range-f1-ww-then.1151983/
Relevancy 87.72%

When bootup starts, i see the info screen for 2s and then it gradually "fades" in 2s.The screen is black during the whole bootup.
Same thing with an old game - Icewind dale 1(2 works fine and all newer games), when i start the game screen immideatly goes black.When i switch monitor on-off monitor i see the menu for those 2s and it again fades.
Same thing when 3dmark03 is done with the 4 game tests and resets to test 1, my monitor goes black similar to icewind dale 1.
at one point, vundo even caused my monitor to display out of range error, but it was like this again after i removed alot of it in safe mode.
ive done scans with avast, some online scanner, ad-aware and spybot S&D.
Im thinking it may be something that vundo permanently changed in my computer.

A:What can cause my monitor to simply "fade to black" in about 2 seconds?

when the monitor fades i hear the same sizzling as when i turn it off, but the green light is still on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-cause-my-monitor-to-simply-fade-to-black-in-about-2-seconds.844528/
Relevancy 86.86%

Both monitors work fine in 'Extended'
or one-at-a-time thanks to Brinks "Second Screen" Shortcut - Create in Windows 8

But when I choose to 'Duplicate' the 19" monitor says "Input Not Supported" . I've been researching but haven't found the solution yet.
19" monitor is onboard VGA
24" monitor is onboard DVI-D
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 also has onboard HDMI

A:2nd monitor goes black and says "Input Not Supported"

Do both monitors have to be same resolution for duplicating the image on both?
I was hoping to use the second one to give a clearer view when I try to help others learn some basic computer stuff like cut/paste and simple excel.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/63854-2nd-monitor-goes-black-says-input-not-supported.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello everyone First of all I will divide my statement by sections so it would be easier to read Section The problem - description of it Section How I manage the problem "loading cursor" Black no on screen and screen with login Boot. Section Things and methods that I have tried - all unsuccessfully Section My own findings to help with further analysis So here we go Section Whenever I start windows it will boot normally up Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot. until Windows logo screen where balls meet to form windows logo at this logo screen I can already notice slow pace as it stays in it for a good minute Afterwards it will be just black screen for a minute Then mouse cursor will appear with faster sensitivity than my usual and it will transform into a loading wheel cursor after another minute And now it reached state in which it can stay for hours Only black screen and loading mouse wheel note that it is always spinning and I can always move it it is not frozen Section So the only way for me to login is to leave it be for at least about hours and it will start itself Usually I do this overnight and in the morning it is already at the desktop and works like nothing ever happened I can do whatever then everything will work perfectly fine Crysys works fine YouTube works fine - no trace of any problem So while I can always just Hibernate and sleep my PC I need to restart it sometimes EDIT Now after those hours or more it will simply display ordinary mouse pointer on a black screen and act as if I am in login screen For example it will sleep after mins of no movement and instantly wake up on activity Section So far I have tried those methods Clean boot All of F advanced boot options Only safe mode and repair windows work sfc scannow in Safe Mode Uninstalling video card driver and reinstalling with the latest compatible CCleaner while in normal mode Other anti virus and malware softwares Windows restore no back up point Deleting network drivers Reinstalling them Disabling all network related devices in the Device Manager Section While Fail Safe mode works neatly Fail safe mode with networking support loads but freezes after about seconds And won't unfreeze only mouse will be movable but everything will be irresponsive and will give me errors like shown on the post here below in the replies It appears to be happened after I downloaded windows update for Virtual machine support During the update I went away from my laptop when I left it was restarting itself to apply updates and when I came back hour later I found my laptop on the same black screen with loading mouse cursor I waited minutes more and forcefully restarted it And it was black screen again Since then I have uninstalled everything regarding that update and virtual machine through programs and features in the windows updates tab There were few times when I saw a BSOD after black screen stood for about hours But was unable to read them fast enough Sometimes the laptop monitor will change its brightness during black screen The laptop will restart itself after about hour of black screen and go into it again --- EDITs Sorry for the edits guys I am using Android to write this and I want my post to look both informative and easy to read --- I usually solve problems like this myself through hardcore researching and analysis but I fail on this one Thank you everyone who will try to help and suggest anything Thank you for your time ExacT

A:Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot.

It sounds like something is trying to load and run in the background.
Download DDS from one of these links:
DDS.com
DDS.pifDisable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. You can post both logs as attachments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344159-black-screen-loading-cursor-no-login-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi everyone,

My birthday is coming up and my sister and my girlfriend are getting me an LCD monitor i guess.. and they have asked me which one I would like in the low $300 range. So far I am looking at this Dell 1907FP: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/ProductDetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=CADHS1&sku=320-4568&~pbar=true
Picture: http://accessories.dell.com/sna/images/products/large/1907T3Y.jpg

I like to keep my equipment futureproof, so the specs on this dell is what im looking for. A little less or more.

Please keep in mind this is Canadian Dollars and also please suggest to buy only at online store that ship to Canada. Thanks in advance for your help

A:Lookin 19" LCD monitor in the $300-350 CDN range

^ bump ^ ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lookin-19-lcd-monitor-in-the-300-350-cdn-range.45942/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi guys.
I have a Packard Bell laptop with a nvidia 8600 GS video card...wich have a HDMI output...i tryed to extend my desktop on a Sony Bravia 32" with a HDMI-HDMI cable but the Sony is black screen with the "out of range" displayed on it...i tryed all the fix that i read about:change resolution,refresh rate,even clean the drivers and reinstal them...in the Nvidia CP my second monitor apear as Sony and is set in dualwiew...i can put it on the native resolution of 1360/760...etc....the problem is that anything i do the screen stil remain black (it flickers when i try to modify things but so there is connection between pc and tv...)

Any ideea would be helpfull...Thx in advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-to-sony-bravia-32-problem-out-of-range.120154/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all Ill cut to the chase What White" Desktop "High Windows not and "Black the just Contrast" Turning completely I am asking is someway of turning the Entire Windows Desktop Screen quot Black and White quot not simply High Contrast I am one of those unfortunate ones Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" like many that suffer from quite severe migraines from time to time Couple this with frequent headaches sometimes daily This obviously isnt helped by the fact that my hobby and career are both in IT I have tried every possible solution to alleviate the headaches Lay off certain foods make sure to have a balanced diet Turn off any strong lighting around my computer screen remove any strong colours from the desktop etc Windows XP Vista have tried to address this issue with the accessibility wizard where you can select the High Contrast Options to take any strong colours off the screen Unfortunately this still doesnt get rid of everything When you make any major changes or quot logoff quot in XP Vista the screen fades to quot black and white Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" quot for a short period If you know what I am on about thats the effect I am after More than likely a black and white layer is Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast" laid over the desktop to create this effect unfortunately you would not be able to access anything underneath I need a fully functional XP machine in complete black and white On old CRT monitors you were able to remove the colour making the screen B amp W but with alot of LCD screens this function is not available If anyone has any ideas you would be helping so many people Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Regards Richard nbsp

A:Turning the Windows Desktop completely "Black and White" not just "High Contrast"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turning-the-windows-desktop-completely-black-and-white-not-just-high-contrast.592004/
Relevancy 84.71%

Out of Range: Set Monitor to 1024x768 @ 75htz"

I recently purchased a Logic VGA box so my 7yr old son can use our pc monitor to play his playstation2. When I plug the VGA box into the monitor I get this message "Out of Range: Set Monitor to 1024x768 @ 75htz" this only happens when I switch to a AV modes) I have no problem when in pc mode.

My resolution is always set to 1024x768, and I have changed the frequency 75htz but this does nothing at all, I still get the same message "Out of Range: Set Monitor to 1024x768 @ 75htz".I have change the frequency monitor but no joy

Hope Someone can help, I am a complete computer novice, a probably won?t understand tech terms

Thank Jenzebar

A:Out of Range: Set Monitor to 1024x768 @ 75htz"

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

This is not to steer you away from TS, you are most welcome here!
We may have members here that may have answers too.
You may have some better luck with this particular issue here
VGA Boxes /VGA Adapter Forum They seem to deal with this directly.
G'Luck

edit: prognosis is not good, after reading several posts on that site.
It appears to be progressive scanning not supported by most ps2 games.
Several ppl there tried many vga boxes with several high end monitors and
lcd's with no luck....... :suspiciou

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/out-of-range-set-monitor-to-1024x768-75htz.35859/
Relevancy 84.71%

Just got a new monitor as above and although great resolution etc., everything takes on an oblong or extended horizontal view.

I guess this only what can be expected with these new monitors?

For example, in all my pictures etc. the object is obviously distorted (though only slightly).

I have a 150 cm Plasma Telly that has the same appearance so other than shrinking up the horizontal size of the monitor screen, this is just normal?

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello all Few weeks Black "Dot-like" Over L655-1E8 Red Screen Screen) Satellite the Symbols All (Then ago i had a quot display driver stopped responding and has Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) recovered quot warning on my screen Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) I didn't mind and resumed to watch videos After a while some red symbols covered all Satellite L655-1E8 Red "Dot-like" Symbols All Over the Screen (Then Black Screen) of the screen then the screen went black But i could still hear the fan working etc I did try to shut down the laptop with pushing power button for a while but it didnt allow me it just went into sleep mode the moment i push the button i thought it might be some kind of heating problem so i have made fan cleaning stuff and also renewed the thermal paste on gpu and cpu as instructed after that my laptop was doing just fine for a couple of hours till the very same red dot-like symbols appeared again on the screen i was watching video at that moment so the video sound started wobbling as if the processor is stuck while working then black screen appeared again what do you think the problem would be is it a hardware problem that i assumed or something else any help is appreciated thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94924-Satellite-L655-1E8-Red-quot-Dot-like-quot-Symbols-All-Over-the-Screen-(Then-Black-Screen)
Relevancy 84.28%

Last year I just built my own tower and it worked perfectly over Thanksgiving break Now I just came home a PLEASE or in I screen a "Please the screen cursor Wait" get black HELP! with middle week later and nothing I got the loading like normal then when it was supposed PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle to show my sign in for Win I got a black screen with my cursor in the middle that won't move I have not changed anything with my tower I went to hold the power button to turn it off and it turned off then turned back on two seconds later Got the screen with PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle quot start normally safe mode safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt quot PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle I tried starting normally and got the same thing I shut it off and unplugged it before it started up again now I took care of the automatic restart I next tried safe mode on each mode would start to load the processes but then got a please wait screen with the windows loading circle never stopped quot loading quot I have not touched my tower because I have been at sollege and my door has been shut and no one goes in my room I have no idea what is going on and do not know what to do I guess the next step would to be to try and reinstall win with the cd i dont know PLEASE HELP

A:PLEASE HELP! I get a "Please Wait" screen or black screen with cursor in the middle

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdfb42

Last year I just built my own tower, and it worked perfectly over Thanksgiving break. Now I just came home a week later and nothing. I got the loading like normal, then when it was supposed to show my sign in for Win 7, I got a black screen with my cursor in the middle that won't move. I have not changed anything with my tower. I went to hold the power button to turn it off, and it turned off then turned back on two seconds later. Got the screen with "start normally, safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt" I tried starting normally and got the same thing...I shut it off and unplugged it before it started up again...now I took care of the automatic restart. I next tried safe mode on each mode...would start to load the processes, but then got a please wait screen with the windows loading circle...never stopped "loading".

I have not touched my tower because I have been at sollege, and my door has been shut and no one goes in my room.

I have no idea what is going on and do not know what to do. I guess the next step would to be to try and reinstall win 7 with the cd...i dont know....PLEASE HELP!

Have you tried the Last Known Good Configuration? If that doesn't work you might open the Case and make sure everything is tight, all cables and power leads. There isn't an USB port being used by a Flash drive or anything else that you might have just installed is there? If so unplug them/it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-i-get-a-please-wait-screen-or-black-screen-with-cursor-in-the-middle-533273.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I was having trouble starting my computer like many other people it seems - it would hang just after the quot starting windows quot screen appeared I had a completely black blank screen no mouse pointer nothing The only way to overcome the issue was by powering down and restarting windows which always seemed to get it running but very frustrating none the less I tried several fixes from this forum without success Thinking about it though I realised that my problem only began after I had reinstalled windows which I had done several times because of faulty memory - everytime I got the same screen after Solved black "loading screen windows" startup problem I know that advice from this forum frequently referred to ensuring all drivers were up to date so I checked mine via Device Manager All showed that they were the latest drivers according to Windows Update However I decided to manually reinstall the motherboard drivers from the ASUS website I had already done so for the chipset namely the SATA and LAN drivers To my delight this seems Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen to have returned my Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen computer to its correct working state with no startup issues Just thought I would post this info in case it is of use to anyone trying to overcome a similar problem

A:Solved black screen after "loading windows" screen

Hi ColWar,

Thanks for posting your solution! Hopefully this will be of use to someone else. I will flag this thread to be marked 'Solved'.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/79331-solved-black-screen-after-loading-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium "Black new a inhstalling card, after power supply Screen" SP1, and graphics Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Stepping Processor "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MSI A C Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled This "Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply has happened times - once while I was only watching a video online ahnd twice when I d play The Sims The screen goes back and it just restarts When the computer would restart I d receive the quot unexpected shutdown quot error but the computer will run smoothly until I do something that wills trigger it to happen again I have two of the error logs Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA A E BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DDDB B BCP FFFFF FE C BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kate AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml As I recently installed three notable things I m not sure exactly which is the problem but I assume the graphics because in Action Center these events are listed under quot Address a problem with NVIDIA Graphics Driver quot where it had apparently stopped working Please help me out nbsp

A:"Black Screen" after inhstalling SP1, a new graphics card, and power supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-inhstalling-sp1-a-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.985632/
Relevancy 84.28%

This problem started just last night and I ve gone through to after Menu" screen Problem going computer with black/blank "Boot a series Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" of possibilities and I m Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu" pretty sure I ve ruled out it being the Video Card at this point I m assuming it is the Hard Drive but I wanted to get an opinion that has actual value rather than my own gt lt Last night I shut down my computer via start menu and went to turn it back on and when I did the screen went blank black after the quot boot menu quot not sure what that menu is called its where its kind of blue i have an hp and you can hit Esc F F F After that happened I figured oh well maybe it just loaded wrong so I shut it off now when I hit the power button rather than having to hold it down I just press it once even lightly and it just shuts down completely Normally when you hit it you have to hold it down to shut it down completely or so I think Now I m currently using an Nvidia GeForce GTX video card I swapped that out with a working one which was an Nvidia GeForce GT not sure if the were compatible or not but it fit and everything ok Computer still did the same thing with the other video card I didn t try the current one in the broken computer in the working computer to rule it out completely I just assuming that was the cast besides it wouldn t fit in the other computer or didn t have some of the cords Which is why I came to the assumption it is the Hard Drive A as google puts it Logical Hard Drive Failure I m not really sure what that is seems like it can happen due to a virus deleting system files etc I m also not sure on what to look for if one occurs can the screen load that boot menu and actually go blank afterwards like when its loading windows Anyways I have no clue where to go from here or what steps to even take If needed here are my system specs - Intel Core i - Processor - GB DDR System Memory - TB Hard Drive Made by Seagate it looks like I m pretty sure there are drives aswell a much smaller one that stores most of the system files and the giant one though I see nothing inside the actual computer that would indicate a nd drive - Nvidia GeForce GTX with GB Dedicated Graphics Memory - Annnnnd Windows Incase anyone was also curious the video card I tested with was - GeForce GT with MB DDR The computer itself that I use and am currently experiencing problems with is HP Pavilion Elite HPE f PC nbsp

A:Problem with computer going to black/blank screen after "Boot Menu"

See if you can boot off something like Hiren's Boot CD and then run a hard drive diagnostic tool.

That will rule in or out a hard drive problem. It could be that your Windows system files got corrupted and maybe you could fix by doing a repair of Windows from a Windows 7 dvd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-going-to-black-blank-screen-after-boot-menu.176088/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I have a Dell Zino HD It came with Windows bit but I would like to use that license on another computer so I want to swap in a copy of Vista that I own that is currently not in use I did a clean install of Vista and it made it all the way through the install process and when it rebooted it just stopped at a black screen with the mouse cursor arrow I can move the arrow around but it does nothing else I tried reinstalling reinstalling on a secondary partition wondering if there was something goofy with the front of the drive all to the same effect Safe mode will not boot either I have a copy of XP MCE lying around so I thought I would try that I put that in and it just got past loading the inital drivers and hit quot Starting Windows quot before I could do any input at all and then blue screened with a message that I should run CHKDSK F I got the harddrive out got it into my Windows Professional-running desktop and ran CHKDSK It found nothing wrong I ran all of Dell's harddrive checks It too found nothing wrong On a whim I tried Windows again and it worked just fine Any ideas on what on earth is going on System specs are Dell Zino HD ATI HD Integrated graphics running on VGA for this experiment GB RAM GB HDD Ghz single core AMD cpu Thanks so much guys

A:Install hangs on black screen with mouse after "Completing Installation"

Welcome,
I would prepare the HD properly, using this tutorial as a guide.
SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation - Windows 7 Forums

and here is a guide for Seven installation problems.
I think that it applies to your situation, also
http://www.sevenforums.com/installat...solutions.html

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/286949-install-hangs-black-screen-mouse-after-completing-installation.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Here is the HijackThis log from my parents computer I already uninstalled quot Spruce quot because i saw elsewhere online that it is viral but the problem persists Basically whenever I boot the machine I get a message similar to quot sorry your license has expired you need to increase your license to continue work click Computer message "License Expired" with Black Screen Boots to the button below to fix this problem quot with a button below it The screen is completely black and I cannot Computer Boots to Black Screen with "License Expired" message do anything on it then it tries to a fullscreen page in IE called porntube The below log was obtained while in safemode as I can do nothing when I boot the machine regularly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ms mysearch com sa srchlft html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main First Home Page http www gateway net O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO no name - ce b - d- b - f - fc bb - C WINNT system mnvtvat dll file missing O - BHO My Web Search Bar BHO - EAB C -F EC- b -A BA-D BCAE C - C Program Files MyWebSearchWB bar bin W BAR DLL O - BHO Viewpoint Toolbar BHO - A C -B - EDB- - D C EC - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBarBHO dll O - BHO dc ie monitor ie monitor - DA E -A DD- CB - B- B F D - C Program Files DioCleaner dc ie monitor dll file missing O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Common Files Viewpoint Toolbar Runtime IEViewBar dll O - HKLM Run Hot Key Kbd Daemon SK DM EXE O - HKLM Run GWMDMMSG GWMDMMSG exe O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Keyboard Preload Check C OEMDRVRS KEYB Preload exe DEVID CLASS Keyboard RunValue quot Keyboard Preload Check quot O - HKLM Run GWMDMpi C WINNT GWMDMpi exe O - HKLM Run PROMon exe PROMon exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exe O - HKLM Run CapFax C Program Files PhoneTools CapFax EXE O - HKLM Run InstantAccess C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin INSTAN EXE h O - HKLM Run RegisterDropHandler C PROGRA TEXTBR Bin REGIST EXE O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINNT System hphmon exe O - HKLM Run HPHUPD quot C Program Files HP Photosmart hphinstall UniPatch hphupd exe quot O - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe O - HKLM Run SideWinderTrayV C PROGRA MI F GAMECO Common SWTrayV exe O - HKLM Run Iomega Automatic Backup C Program Files Iomega Iomega Automatic Backup ibackup exe O - HKLM Run ADUserMon C Program Files Iomega AutoDisk ADUserMon exe O - HKLM Run Deskup C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons deskup exe IMGSTART O - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exe O - HKLM Run WinampAgent C Program Files Winamp winampa exe O - HKLM Run navapp C Program Files NavExcel NavHelp... Read more

A:Computer Boots to Black Screen with "License Expired" message

nevermind, I'm getting more prompt help on a different forum. please disregard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-boots-to-black-screen-with-license-expired-message-209508.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Help please I turned on my computer and got a black screen with the message Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key I had no prior warning or problems with my computer I hit F for the setup menu and there is no hard drive listed under channel devices on the main Tab It says None for First Select proper screen black "Reboot boot device....." with and and Second Channel Device and The CD and DVD drives are listed under Channel Device and For Installed Memory it says MB PC - and Memory black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....." Bank and show black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....." MB DDR SDRAM Core Version says and BIOS Revision says Under Advanced tab it lists CPU type as Intel Pentium CPU GHz with HT Technology and it lists the CPU Speed and Cache RAM If I go to advanced under Boot Device Priority hard drive group is listed but has parentheses around it To the right it says that means the device has been disabled in the corresponding type menu but I don t see it anywhere as disabled I bought this tower several months ago used and it has no warranty There was no boot cd with it The really scary thing is that I cannot get into safe mode or system recovery It just goes back to the black screen with the message when I press F or F Can anyone help with any suggestions other than buying another hard drive I am on Social Security and it was a real hardship to buy the last one It is a HP Paviliona c I have Windows XP Home SP I will probably have to call a tech to come and look at it but I thought I would try you guys first Thanks for any suggestions Gail

A:black screen with "Reboot and Select proper boot device....."

In the bios setup menu, do you have the hard drives set to IDE mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-with-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device-493311.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I am experiencing the "Black Screen of Death" with a mouse pointer only after the Welcome screen -- even in safe mode. I have tried the Ctrl+Shift+Esc option I saw here but I get no response. I also restored the system back a few weeks but no help. I think my next step is to edit the register, **BUT** I did not receive any media with my system, purchased in September 08. How do I get to this screen from the F11 prompt at start-up?

Any other suggestions would also be helpful - this mess wasn't in my plans for a heavy computer-use weekend!

Thanks for your help!

A:Solved: "Repair your computer" with no media - Black Screen of Death

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-repair-your-computer-with-no-media-black-screen-of-death.801022/
Relevancy 84.28%

Dear everybody I have a Asus G JW laptop with x gb HDD both has two partitions Win ultimate bit Nvidia geforce GTX M gb CPU Intel Core i - QM GHz Ram GB EAX advanced HD THX trustudio Security AVG antivirus with windows firewall on at all times This laptop has not been the same since my wife accidentally opened a zip file which was attached to an e-mail I reinstalled windows must admit I did not format the windows partition before installing it I restarted after each and every installation of the different drivers I got the st BSOD whilst installing Nvidia drivers After this I started getting random BSOD on shut down and start up I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and restarted the laptop and noticed that it installed BSOD BIOS. into into of screen "Black death" boot -cannot turned an older driver for Nvidia It was okay for a couple of days but then I got a BSOD boot loop I then did a MBR repair which seemed to work for a couple of weeks This past weekend my wife and I was on sites advertising cars that are for sale BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. and used google maps to get to the different dealers The BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. laptop's power cable disconnected by accident battery went flat during the night and when I restarted it it initially showed a BSOD restarted and since then I get this black screen of death BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. The Asus logo does not even come up the keyboard lights come on and you can hear the HDD running and later the DVD drive but nothing else happens I cannot get into the BIOS F is suppose to get you into it but F does not work and neither do the F F F ESC or DEL keys My BIOS is setup to boot from HDD st then the DVD drive at the moment I cannot boot from my Asus system repair disc and neither from the Win DVD or from the Minitool bootable cd Is there anybody with any suggestions I apologise for not being able to post the dump files or a more thorough list of system specs but as you can see I have absolutely no access to the laptop

A:BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS.

Hi,

Firstly keep your wife off the machine

Try this (It may or may not work):

Shutdown the computer and remove power lead, take out the battery and press the
power button for 40-45 seconds then reattach the battery and plug in the power cord.

Does the laptop boot now?

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298713-bsod-turned-into-black-screen-death-cannot-boot-into-bios.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I got the quot ATI display driver has stopped responding and has recovered from an error quot several times over the last couple of days where my screen would freeze for a couple of second and then start working again and would display that message I thought little of it as it did always seem to work afterwards Last night however it got extremely frequent happening at least once a minute and i decided to try and restart my computer permanently Screen black driver..." after display "ATI several Errors? to see if that would help at all Now when I try to turn the computer on the screen stays black and will not do anything I can hear that the computer trying to work as the fans are going and the power light is on it's just the screen that isn't working How to troubleshoot quot Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot error in Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? Windows or Windows Vista I found these guides on how to Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors? fix the error message but at the moment both are no good as I can't even use my computer to fix the problem as the screen won't work I am pretty sure the reason my computer is doing this is because of outdated drivers as I recently did a fresh install of windows and only installed the drivers that came on the CD I was given with my computer I should have downloaded the latest drivers online I am running Windows on a Dell Studio laptop I am unsure of the graphics card at the moment as I can't access the computer but I know that it is an ATI of some sort Thanks in advance

A:Screen permanently black after several "ATI display driver..." Errors?

Does your display power up? can you see something on the display like BIOS post?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/285856-screen-permanently-black-after-several-ati-display-driver-errors.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello everyone I just had this problem occur the other day I was playing the new WoW when I started getting a really BAD picture lines going across my screen red and green dots and what not Then the game froze and I had to shut down the computer I tried logging on a few more times with the same problems I tried logging on just to use the internet and the screen kept going black then back to normal eventually just freezing Now when I log on the screen goes black right at the blue login screen and my moniter reads quot IGN no input signal quot I am running Microsoft XP I saw another thread like this elsewhere with the agreed-upon cause being overheating All my screen, After signal" startup, by followed "no input black computer fans work including processor and video card and I even took off the side panel after the computer has been off for a day still no luck The oldest parts on my computer are the harddrive safe to assume this is not the problem and my video card Any help would be appreciated and sorry if this is in the wrong board - iron nbsp

A:After computer startup, black screen, followed by "no input signal"

I have the same problm need help bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-computer-startup-black-screen-followed-by-no-input-signal.115757/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi guys I've a ASUS N VZ with Intel screen) "broke" EasyBCD acess 7 (black and can't Bootloader Win 2.1.2 Core i - QM with Win Home Premium x pre-installed This computer come with EFI instead of the traditional BIOS When I bought it I had visible partitions C OS - with windows and programs D Data - in blank I store some movies and other unimportant stuff E Recovery - software from EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) ASUS to recovery computer So as I'm at a Master's Degree in Computer Science I needed to install Ubuntu I made a partition from Win reserving around GB for Ubuntu It went fine and the install was sucessful I rebooted and I could get into Ubuntu When I tried to enter Windows I got this message quot error Invalid EFI file path Press any key to continue quot So I get in Ubuntu again and use repair-tool which insert new entries on GRUB Then I got a new entry called quot Windows UEFI loader quot The old entry quot Windows loader quot continued to not work This new one EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) got me into Windows And I should have stooped here But I though that this wasn't perfect and installed EasyBCD actual version on Windows My idea EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen) was to replace GRUB by bootloader of Windows and have the two entries there for each OS The problem is that EasyBCD change my boot and now I can't get into Windows anymore I try to add those entries but they do not have been sucessfull added Booting from windows I have the Windows Boot Manager with the two entries but neither of them work The Ubuntu retrieve a failure quot File NST AutoNeoGrub mbr Status xc quot The Windows entry get me into a black screen and don't get into the windows loading bar If I boot from Ubuntu I have the GNU GRUB which still allow me to get into Ubuntu The problem is that the entry quot Windows UEFI loader quot that used to work now get me into the Windows Boot Manager that I've just described So I even try to use the Windows DVD to select quot repair the computer quot and then repair the boot but I got always this message quot his version of System Recovery Options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows quot I tried the Wondershare LiveBoot software but that didn't solved too I've logged in Ubuntu and created this log with boot-repair which I think can be of some help Ubuntu Pastebin Now I just want to be able to access Windows I would prefer not to format and install Win again because I've a lot of programs installed and repeat that it's very time consuming but if that's the only solution that be But I honestly think that I've used quot every card quot I knew to try to solve this ASUS N VZ-S V Specs Intel i QM GB GB GB DDR GB rpm SATA Drive DVDRW Supermulti quot FHD LED non glare NVidia GeForce M G Windows Premium bits

A:EasyBCD 2.1.2 "broke" Bootloader and can't acess Win 7 (black screen)

It requires special installation steps to install to UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums. You'd need to ask in an Ubuntu forum how to install it in EFI mode.

You can remove EFI Boot disk from BIOS Boot order and enable Legacy BIOS to install normally, however.

For now I'd delete Ubuntu's partition, Mark Partition Active Win7 or it's 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times to start Win7 again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/255036-easybcd-2-1-2-broke-bootloader-cant-acess-win-7-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello I read here and attempted to fix this before posting Your forum is so informative screen "WARNING message on IN with start YOUR up DANGER" Black and I think its great that so many of you help out here as volunteers The problem when I boot up Black screen on start up with "WARNING YOUR IN DANGER" message is I have a black screen with a huge pop up stating quot WARNING YOUR IN DANGER quot then smaller print saying like all you do on your computer is stored on your hard disc and etc Okay so I ran my EZ Antivirus Ad Aware Spybot everything is updated and I run behind Zone Alarm premium My system is XP I followed the directions from another thread and Black screen on start up with "WARNING YOUR IN DANGER" message through that I already uninstalled PC Guard through add remove Then I DL LSPfix and saved it I DL smitRem zip and opened up the RunThis bat file only after in safe mode later I DL CCleaner and altered the options as per instructions from the other thread I also DL Ewido Security Suite and altered the additional options as instructed I killed system restore then booted in safe mode Oh yes and I DL Hijack This Then I opened the RunThis bat file and finished the disk cleanup completely Then I ran Ewido and saved report Then I started Ccleaner I reset websettings under Internet Options Then I went to control panet gt Display gt Desktoop tab gt customize desktop gt Web tab gt Web Pages gt then deleted the entry Security Then I rebooted out of safe mode Afterwards I ran ActiveScan online and saved report Finally then I did the HijackThis log Please see below the reports from my ewido and active scan logs as well as my latest Hijack This log too I really tried to fix it without having to bother you all so please help me by showing me what I missed or did wrong Many thanks in advance for any and all advice given I am still running without any restore point because I know I need to go ahead and fix this before restarting that Hijack Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus ISafe exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus VetMsg exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDetection exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVTray exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Antivirus CAVRID exe C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust EZ Firewall ca exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLL O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run eTrustPPAP quot C Program Files CA eTrust EZ Armor eTrust PestPatrol PPActiveDete... Read more

Relevancy 84.28%

Hello Sevenforums Notebook HP ProBook s OS Windows x bit Did not buy from hp bought from a guy at loading Stuck "Windows files" black screen is after Yesterday my explorer Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button i turned it on and then Startup repair appeared i left it to complete and then i went to sleep The next day i woke up i opened my laptop and then quot Windows is loading files quot appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work Such as -Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for seconds -Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery I cannot access safe mode using F I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff If anyone can help i would be grateful because ill probably pay and up Im extremely sure that this problem happened because of AVG free antivirus that i installed i installed the antivirus about week ago and i never restarted the pc until then only putting it into sleep mode But this time it got restarted with some strange things happening when it was restarting and it mentioned some of the AVG files deleting stuff I dont know im really in need of help

A:Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397527-stuck-black-screen-after-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi everyone I am having an issue with my Toshiba notebook My model is Satellite A - MS C I am out of warranty Originally I was having problems turning on my computer I would push update Toshiba black "bios" after screen - Satellite the power button to turn on the computer Usually there is a Toshiba loading screen with a bar at the bottom showing the loading process Right after there is a Windows loading screen with another bar at the bottom showing the loading process I was having problems at the Toshiba loading screen It would load about and then freeze My computer would not turn on and I would have to manually press the power button to turn the computer off Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update Then press the power button again after waiting a few minutes to try to turn the computer on again After having this problem for a week I figured it was maybe because my computer Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update is not as updated as it should be So I went to the official Toshiba website to their updates page I started to download the BIOS update In the middle of the installation my computer shut down turned off by itself There was no indication that the installation was complete I also remembered reading that the BIOS update should restart automatically My computer turned off itself all of a sudden and did not turn back on After waiting a couple of minutes I tried turning it on manually by pushing the power button There was sound and the blue power button light below the touchpad was on However the screen was black and blank I ve read a couple of other online forums and there has been similar issues A member on notebookreview com username marmle said quot I tried updateig my bios and my laptop died halfway through now it doesnt do anything powers up but then just black and its out of warranty quot Another member on notebookreview com username wade fan said quot Just an fyi I just had the same thing happen to my A -S and I went ahead and called toshiba and they told me that it is a known issue and will be covered by toshiba until december hope this helps anybody out there I am now sending my laptop back to toshiba to get fixed at no charge quot Has anybody heard about this same issue Any ideas on how I can notify or ask Toshiba to fix it for free Is sending my labtop in the only way to fix this problem What are my options I called technical support for help as well but they just kept telling me to send it in Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Toshiba Satellite - black screen after "bios" update

Known issue, but Toshiba takes forever to make it right... Yes we have seen the problem... but don't expect Toshiba to get it back to you quickily... as they have to replace the system board, and they are usually out.
There is nothing you can do but send it in... because otherwise your system board is ruined.
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-black-screen-after-bios-update.129057/
Relevancy 84.28%

About a month ago I was having troubles with my laptop "black Acer death" one Aspire screen AO751h of where the battery percentage would always say or or just die right after I unplug my laptop I was told that it wasn t my battery just needed to update my bios SOOOOO one day I finally decided to update my bios and made the worst Acer Aspire one AO751h "black screen of death" mistake possible I was running the update when I thought my laptop had frozen and I pretty much panic d and forced my laptop to shut off I did read on the update when I launched quot do not shut off computer quot and that s exactly what I did it was an automatic reaction simply because I did not know the update started the moment I opened the exe file since it didn t say that in the quot readme txt quot file SO of course now my laptop is gone black screen when I cut it on I ve read tutorials all online about this issue with an acer aspire one netbook on how to fix this but the tutorial seems to be for that ONE SPECIFIC NETBOOK which is the acer aspire one aa I tried following that tutorial with the bios files from the acer website for my laptop but they don t have the files for my netbook that the tutorial goes off of I came here for help to see if anyone could help me because I pretty much figured since it s an problem that was fixable on that model there has to be some sort of way I can fix this with my laptop Like the title it s an Acer Aspire One ZA AO h and has Windows Vista Bit Yes I do understand my laptop is pretty much done and useless if this isn t fixable Thanks is advance nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

I have a no-activation volume license version of XP Pro My friend used this exact "Loading Hang... screen black at Boot XP" XP Windows CD burned from an ISO to upgrade one of his computers from winME to XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" XP I have gone through hell with it Long story short the installation goes fine and when its all done on the first boot I see the black quot Loading Windows XP quot screen that usually appears for a very short time The XP Boot Hang... at black screen "Loading Windows XP" progress bar moves about halfway across actually not a bar its just blue blobs but it works the same way the lights on my keyboard numlock capslock scrollock flash and it hangs I can then turn numlock on and off but not capslock or scrollock Ctrl-alt-delete doesn t work I can boot into safe mode I have tried reinstalling it even gone to the point of reformatting my drive Still no go I KNOW that XP will work on this machine as I ran a beta of it hitch-free for days until I had to activate My machine is more than powerful enough Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 84.28%

- Firstly my laptop was making the USB in and out sounds along with black screen flashes and also screen black sounds, and Randomly makes 'out'" screen 'in "USB flashes resolution changes - So I decided it was time to reset my laptop Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black completely in the hope of fixing this problem - Now after my laptop finished resetting another problem has arisen a red cross appeared on my speaker logo on taskbar and no sound So I fixed it following these steps windows sound problem no speakers or headphones plugged in error - YouTube for reference - Now after this yes I have sound but my sound quality has drastically decreased almost like 'stock' sound Unsure what to do now with this - Further to this whilst Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black avast free antivirus was installing doubt that matters my original quot USB in and out sound quot problem had happened again with black screen flashes and screen resolution changes - As I had been in such a pickle I decided to come here as I really need an expert opinion My laptop is a HP Envy Processor Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics GHz Ram gb AN IMPORTANT NOTE I upgraded to windows as part of the free upgrade a while back I noticed that the red cross speaker problem has been linked to this Unsure for me Only things Ive got back on my laptop was google chrome logged in again with all extenstions and bookmarks etc Steam Football manager and yes avast Any help greatly appreciated and thank you in advance

A:Randomly makes "USB 'in and 'out'" sounds, screen flashes black

Try to uninstall Avast and see if the sounds disappear as it is possible it's the cause of it. Windows probably installed generic drivers for your sound so go to the manufacturer website and download the correct drivers for your machine. I fact you should use the drivers from the manufacturer for other hardware such as your graphics and also run an Admin cmd command: sfc /scannow to see if any files are corrupted. Instead of Avast use the built in Defender and the firewall and with Malwarebytes free and common sense you'll be protected

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68541-randomly-makes-usb-out-sounds-screen-flashes-black.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I just installed a new motherboard into my compaq preserio and when the computer starts up I am greeted with a black screen that says "loading operating system...". When I plug the original motherboard in I am greeted with a black screen, nothing happens after that. I have already installed the new motherboard's drivers but thats was when it crashed. I ran a diagnostic on it and it gave me error BIOHD 3, which I believe means that the drivers couldnt be found. So I am stuck at a stand still until I can find a fix.

A:Stuck at black screen that says "loading operating system"

Usually, after a motherboard change, a Clean Install Windows 7 is needed .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205422-stuck-black-screen-says-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Windows XP SP fully updated was working on windows phone problem got the "Disk Antivirus black after Pro" w/cursor screen virus quot Disk Antivirus Professional quot virus I immediately disconnected my ethernet cable and went to TASK MANAGER and started deleting all suspicious services I errantly deleted a svhost file and it went into shutdown mode upon reboot I got a black screen with only the mouse cursor which moves fine I tried to reinstall black screen w/cursor after "Disk Antivirus Pro" virus windows XP from OEM disk went through entire procedure Still boots to black screen w cursor black screen w/cursor after "Disk Antivirus Pro" virus tried safe mode black screen w cursor amp safe mode in corners finally got to safe mode with command prompt but still no screen From cmd regedit - I cannot find any of the files that are associated with quot Disk Antivirus Professional quot - ie quot random exe quot etc I ve searched all I can about this and cannot find a fix Someone please point me in the right direction I still have cmd up on the computer I m afraid to close it again HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-w-cursor-after-disk-antivirus-pro-virus.1091417/
Relevancy 84.28%

So a couple of days ago, my PC started hanging up on a "Please Wait" loading screen in between the "Starting Windows" screen (where the Windows logo forms from coloured orbs) and the user account selection screen. Sometimes I'd leave it half an hour and it still wouldn't load.

To start with, I simply gave my PC a hard reboot, and the problem would go away. When this stopped working, I system restored, and then the problem disappeared. This morning however, I performed a system restore from safe mode, and now when I boot my PC, in whatever mode, I get the "Starting Windows" screen, then the PC hangs up on a black screen with only the mouse pointer active.

I honestly have no idea where to start with this problem, as I can't even re-install windows!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Notso.

A:Hang up on "Please Wait", system restored, now black screen...

I worked out how to use the PC's startup repair, it failed ("Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically").

Now I start the PC I get the option of startup repair, or booting normally (which leads to BSOD each time).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232491-hang-up-please-wait-system-restored-now-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

My acer laptop acer aspire DG D recently got really slow and laggy What was more strange is that in task manager it showed - CPU usage Then there were more stages that lead it to go wrong Anyway i have removed the hard drive Western digital blue and saved all my important data to a separate desktop PC using a separate cable etc I and itself Windows black restarts 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes have reinstalled windows Ultimate bit on that hard drive using the PC then putting it back in the laptop but the same problem remains When i boot windows from the hard drive on the desktop PC the same thing happens it hangs goes black and restarts The warranty for the laptop has expired just a Windows 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes black and restarts itself few weeks before it started going wrong and acer support is no use My brother who is quite good with computers says that i may need to buy a new hard drive but before i do i thought i might ask you guys Thanks for any help or suggestions

A:Windows 7 "hangs" at startup, screen goes black and restarts itself

You can't count on Win7 to start when moved to different hardware without SysPrep to move HD to another computer.

I'd instead try booting the Win7 installer for the licensed version on the Acer to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

If it fails test the HD using maker's HD Diagnostic extended CD scan followed by Disk Check run from installer System Recovery Options Command Line, on a full disk partition created in installer or using Step 2.2 here: SSD - HDD Optimize for Windows Reinstallation.

Check for newer BIOS update. If none reset BIOS to defaults, set SATA controller to AHCI to try install. Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS

Test your RAM - Test with Memtest86+ for 5-6 passes. Remove all but 2gb RAM to try install, swap RAM sticks, check for debris in slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234474-windows-7-hangs-startup-screen-goes-black-restarts-itself.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a laptop with Windows 7. I was playing games on it today and suddenly browser closed. Then everything else closed and logged out and my laptop completely shut down. When I tried to turn it on again, a blank black screen with a flashing underscore "_" comes up and none of my keys work. The F8 key does nothing. I have turned it off and on many times. Please help!

A:Laptop won't start up past black screen with blinking "_"

StarJune,
Welcome to TSG.
From your description of the fairly normal but unrequested shutdown, this could possibly be a windows update that failed.
What type of laptop is it? Do you have the Operating System disk? If not you can and probably should order one from the manufacturer.
Take a look at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

I would attempt a Startup Repair first, then try System Restore.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-start-up-past-black-screen-with-blinking-_.1047705/
Relevancy 83.85%

turned computer on and started up to black screen. On this page was computer error options restart from safe mode an so on. whatever mode i try to start it in nothin happens. Then after few seconds double white line appears on bottom of monitor. This fills white but takes time then reboots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-pro-2000-wont-load-pass-black-mode-screen.498951/
Relevancy 83.85%

Sat watching SkyGo and the screen freezes I couldn't click anything or restart the computer I powered down and when I turned it on I get a black screen with operating system not found I have read a few threads with support but I am really struggling to follow them A few bit of information that will help though from what I have read I don't have a windows disk it came already installed I have downloaded partition wizard bootable CD as suggested in another thread but not Vaio Black screen- "operating system Sony found" VPCEH I don't know how to boot it up on my broken machine The disk doesn't read I still get the black screen I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably lose all my data and need a new hard drive but I'm willing to try everything and anything before going down that route as I really can't afford to buy anything for a month or so and my laptop is essential to my job Please help and be as condescending and patronising as possible I'm not ashamed to admit I'm way out of my depth here Thanks

A:Black screen- "operating system not found" Sony Vaio VPCEH

Oh and when I f2 it on start up the screen says Hard Disk Drive- None

Has it completely gone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320817-black-screen-operating-system-not-found-sony-vaio-vpceh.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I need help and suggestions on what to do with this black screen crisis Mine is a little different that others so sorry if this is a repeated thread ive looked everywhere and no one has the issue when 7 Y560 windows in up logo" after Ideapad boot "black Lenovo screen they have dual boot laptop description I have dual boot on my laptop with windows ultimate bit and windows home premium bit the home premium came pre installed on the laptop and the ultimate version i installed later dual boot i needed some capabilities that home premium doesn't have Problem I cannot see anything on my screen after windows logo while booting up my laptop bcz of the black screen after the windows logo When i boot into WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM i hear windows logon screen notification noise but see nothing oddly Lenovo Ideapad Y560 "black screen in boot up after windows 7 logo" enough even my built in webcam logs me in with VeriFace software with my face passwordless ALSO my laptop boots fine with windows ultimate and i can see everything and it works great i need the other version to WORK cause my life is in that other version of windows i cannot factory restore What i have tried the keyboard is also unresponsive bcz i held down a bunch of keys to see if it makes the beep noise I closed the laptop lid to see if it goes into hibernation and waited mins to see if it still does so that when i open it i can see everything it has worked before nothing i rebooted a bunch of times even with a second screen attached tried to guess switch into projector mode with my function key and switch screen projector button i have also done a power cycle i think the registry is screwed or maybe the graphics card drivers are ruined have not done a registry repair through the other windows version doing that next i have defragged both partitions for both of the windows versions through the one that works What may have caused it the last time i used home premium i rebooted so that i can use the ultimate version for the extra capabilities i was not watching and it booted up in home premium and the built in cam is so fast that i merely looked at the laptop and it logged me in i was being unpatient bcz you have to wait for the lenovo programs to load before you can restart so i forced shut down very bad idea by holding the power button and booted up in ultimate finally while watching This is first time i've done this mistake which has now left my laptop half usable now i want to use the home premium version but this black screen is happening after the windows logo

A:Lenovo Ideapad Y560 "black screen in boot up after windows 7 logo"

Sounds like a corrupted file system, so try running chkdsk.

How to run System File Checker (SFC) or chkdsk from the Recovery ConsoleBoot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run SFC or chkdskIf you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above).

Let either run to completion undisturbed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254706-lenovo-ideapad-y560-black-screen-boot-up-after-windows-7-logo.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Yesterday I started having problems with my Windows Professional -bit desktop machine Here's the sequence of events I would now Win7 in "Windows upon to Start" Failed logon, Black Screen result encounter I would start Black Screen upon Win7 logon, now result in "Windows Failed to Start" the computer logon normally and about minutes after I logged on my video would go black monitor lights blinking like there was no signal but the power to the system was still running Each time I rebooted into normal Windows boot the system would result in the same error I tried re-seating all my components to no avail I also tried unhooking one component at a time to no avail I started trying to diagnose the issue Event Viewer logs provided nothing except for some generic error codes which I reviewed on EventID net I found that booting into Safe Mode worked fine I found that doing a Clean Boot would result in the error I found that doing a selective startup with Windows Services only would result in an error I found that booting with Diagnostic Services only would result in an error I tried using a Windows repair disc to repair my install and that didn't work When I tried to do a full re-install over my existing install my computer wouldn't stay on long enough for everything to finish Finally at pm last night the system stayed on with a normal windows boot with all services running with the cd-rom unplugged I don't think this actually had any impact for a few hours before I went to sleep I left the computer on overnight to see if it would last This morning when I woke up at am the computer was again black screen monitor blinking etc Upon rebooting the machine I got the following error message Quote quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause To fix the problem Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer Choose your language settings and then click quot Next quot Click quot Repair Your Computer quot If you do not have the disc contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance quot I tried reseating my hard drive and unplugged all the other components and continue to receive the same error message This leads me to believe my Windows installation is corrupted and has been the root of all my problems but don't understand why that would make my screen go black like the video card disconnected Any help would be appreciated

A:Black Screen upon Win7 logon, now result in "Windows Failed to Start"

Since the error did not occur in SafeMode where Win uses a generic low-res 600x800 video driver, but occurred in Clean Boot mode, where your hi-res installed video driver is used, I would guess the problem is a corrupted video/graphics driver. You might try looking for the latest vid driver from the manufacturer website, of your particular machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347518-black-screen-upon-win7-logon-now-result-windows-failed-start.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Windows after quot Starting Windows quot stops with a black screen and mouse cursor I turned on my desktop PC after more than weeks of non use it was in its package box It booted nicely to the desktop but suddenly showed a BSOD and turned off I "Starting stops then & active screen cursor with Windows" black Boot: turned it on again and it showed a message saying Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor the processor is overheated so I turned it off removed the processor to check if there's enough Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor thermal compound Thermal compound was OK but the processor was a bit shaky not well fitted so I replaced the processor correctly and then powered it on It detected the change I made and asked what system settings it should load I chose the default CPU settings in a haste I didn't read that message well unfortunately It showed the error message that Windows wasn't shutdown properly I chose to load Windows normally Chkdsk did a disk check disk passed and it started quot Replacing invalid security ID with default security ID quot It then started booting quot Starting Windows quot and the next screen was just a blank black screen with the mouse cursor It's stopped here for hours I searched for solutions online and tried almost everything I could think of Repair with Windows installer bootrec fixmbr bootrec fixboot marking the disk active etc No success I cannot boot in any mode In an attempt to copy my files off the disk I tried Ubuntu and even installed a new Windows on an unallocated partition on the same disk The disk was not accessible and its original name has change from C to D This is how the disk structure was C contains the new Windows I just installed test D contains my previous Windows which used to be on the C E MB reserved system partition I tried granting admin permissions to the disk in the Security tab it found several errors and the operation did not succeed How can I get my Windows back

A:Boot: "Starting Windows" then stops with black screen & active cursor

Thee first attempt should be a total dismantle and re-seat ... and then follow it:
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302179-boot-starting-windows-then-stops-black-screen-active-cursor.html
Relevancy 83.85%

After browsing through many of the threads here I "WINLOGON.EXE option boot error: - work Black after Bad Screen Image" no - XP have decided to post my own as I am unable to come to any conclusions MSI Pentium GHz x GB HD Maxtor x MD DDR- It won t boot at XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" all - none of the F boot options work which I have tried several times after recieving the following error Dialog Box Heading WINLOGON EXE - Bad Image Message not exactly c windows WnSxS xxxxxxxxxWindows Common Controlsxxxxxxxxxxxx - bad image I have used the Recovery Console to browse around a bit to see if I can trace what happened find suspisious files looking XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image" at log files etc Nothing All attempts to boot all boot options result in the same situation the regular WinXP load screen appears then it turns black mouse appears and there I sit waiting for the login screen I am still able to move mouse but no other actions have any effect I have had the machine for years and never had any serious issues and I have kept drivers and Xp updated except I haven t installed SP yet Thanks for anything that might help PS Reinstall is not an option yet TROND nbsp

A:XP Black Screen - no boot option work after error: "WINLOGON.EXE - Bad Image"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-black-screen-no-boot-option-work-after-error-winlogon-exe-bad-image.277540/
Relevancy 83.85%

Dell Inspiron M nbsp I had Windows installed and working perfectly but i wanted to install Windows i tried a fresh install first also tried to upgrade from windows Every thing installs fine but when it reboots for the first time the windows logo comes up and nbsp quot on Devices Windows When 8.1 Ready" Black "Getting M5030 Screen Inspiron Dell Installing Getting Devices Ready quot nbsp Then the screen goes black Ive tried -To let is sit for awhile to see if it would come back and i get nothing after hours nbsp -I plugged in Dell Inspiron M5030 Black Screen When Installing Windows 8.1 on "Getting Devices Ready" a Monitor with no response also tried to close the lid to put to sleep and does go to sleep -I shut it down and nbsp tried to boot to Safe Mode but it says nbsp Windows can not boot to safe mode because windows installation has not finished I can boot to my windows repair and go to the recovery command prompt but dont know what to do It seems like a video driver problem the laptop has a AMD Radeon HD if thers any why to install the driver before Getting devices ready Please Help nbsp

A:Dell Inspiron M5030 Black Screen When Installing Windows 8.1 on "Getting Devices Ready"

I had the same problem and did this and it worked with no problem....The idea is to slipstream the updated drivers into the ISO/DVD. The drivers that came with the W8.1 DVD dont work well as I was getting the BSOD upon install.
1. Download Winreducer and install all 3rd party software it requires.  Look in the howto.pdf
2. Download the latest AMD Catalyst Drivers from AMD's site (not beta).  Listed as Windows 8 drivers i think.  
3. Extract the files to temp dir.
4. Copy the files/drivers from the temp dir (packages\drivers\display\w86a_inf) and the sub dir (B149756) to the winreducer drivers dir (work\integrate\drivers\x64).  So in the x64 dir you should have the cats, msi, infs, and the b149756.
5.  Run winreducer.  Make sure you have handy an iso of the Windows 8.1 DVD.
6.  After you mount your iso, you will be taken to the options and features screen.  You will see presets, appearance, features....on the top.   Leave all options alone EXCEPT the drivers location under System.  Change that to x\WORK\INTEGRATE\DRIVERS\x64.  Dont forget to change the x to your proper location.
7.  Click finish.  Save as iso. Apply.  It will save the modified iso into the winreducer folder.  
8.  Burn and install.  
9. After you are done installing, install the FULL driver package you downloaded in step 2 by running the setup.exe in main dir.
10.  Thank me LOL

That worked for me on an Inspiron M5030.  I hope my answer is detailed enough.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19535311
Relevancy 83.85%

Ok Well i didnt see what happend my brother was useing the computer but he said it flashed something about a trojen and then restarted When it restarts it loads like it has a problem so i have to click start windows normally i've tryed all safe mode opitions load. Xp Wont Windows Screen" "Black it loads shes xp load screen then when it goes to load the desk top its just a black screen no buttons do anything nor does right clicking its like it stops loading and just sits at this black screen now in safe mode it has the normal things all around it like Safe mode windows xp what build it is and that stuff but the screen is still black and not doing anything at all I dont have my Hp recovery disks and i think if i did i could just run a repair recovery but i dont have them Please help its the best comp Windows Xp Wont load. "Black Screen" i have the one i'm using is like windows haha help please and thank Windows Xp Wont load. "Black Screen" you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-xp-wont-load-black-screen-343620.html
Relevancy 83.85%

It just happened out of the blue. I just got the computer in november. Please someone help me. I cant reboot it wont go passed this screen. It dont have a cd rom or anything like that

A:Black screen saying "setup is starting services"

Hello and welcome FL2013 first what screen are you referring to? as you have no pics of it in the post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277894-black-screen-saying-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I dont know whats wrong with my computer or its just the game. I have just re-formatted my computer, Is that whats creating these problems. Before i re-installed the games wher working fine. When i go into Vice city After wacthing the movies at the start of the game the sceen goes blank. Now its like my computer freezes. Non of the commands work (C+ALT+DEL, ALT+DEL, WINDOWS+TAB, ALT+F4) But my screens just goes blank.

Can any one help me. It would be really appresheated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-screen-goes-black-when-loading-vice-city-or-cs.305582/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm sure this isn't a new problem or new post asking about that But I still make this post because Windows "Welcome" black 7 with after slowly screen boots every solution I tried didn't work Symptom My Windows bit boots slowly with a long Welcome screen then a black screen with cursor for about Windows 7 boots slowly with black screen after "Welcome" - seconds and the wallpaper with icons appears Video YouTube System infomation Asus K A Intel Ghz Intel HD Not many softwares Office is the biggest software I installed Used solutions - Remove start-up programs - Update drivers and windows system BIOS - Run cleaning tool for partition C - Run defragment tool - Scan virus malware with Panda and MBAM To make sure this is a software problem related to system I install another Windows on the same laptop different partition It has many programs Photoshop VirtualBox taking more space than the first Windows This Windows boots much faster without disabling startup programs and services Also It hasn't been updated regularly even drivers This windows just has drivers from It seems silly but I have to say that can be explained To check what happens in booting these two windows I use boot log Bootlog in my first Windows Slow boot kb txt file in the seconds Windows Fast boot kb In bootlog of the slow booting OS many lines say quot Did not load driver quot in fast-booting os just a little So now I think the root cause is drivers which are loaded in booting proccess And notice that I have re-installed updated the drivers on slow-booting Windows many times but in fast-booting one I just installed one time the old version So maybe many drivers files are exccess or causing something wrong or anything i dont know But now I think it's definitely because many quot did not load driver quot Boot log on slow booting OS ntbtlog slow boot Drivers list on slow booting OS Drivers Slow boot txt - Google Drive Boot log on fast booting OS ntbtlog fast boot txt - Google Drive So what can I do if I dont want to do a clean installation Windows I'm a technical user so you can answer with advanced techniques I just want to do anything if possible to optimize OS without re-installing it Thanks for your comments Post on Microsoft community Windows boots slowly with black screen after quot Welcome quot - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/402484-windows-7-boots-slowly-black-screen-after-welcome.html