Windows Support Forum

Viewing GPS place name on images in windows

Q: Viewing GPS place name on images in windows

I have a newborn son so I'm going crazy taking pictures on my phone and camera at the minute. I've just started using google drive to upload all my pictures so I have a backup and so our family can view them (if anyone has a better more reliable solution please let me know )

Anyway, when I view the pictures on my iphone it shows the gps information above the picture e.g "Stoke Mandeville Hospital 12 Feb 10:18" Is there any software that will do the same on Windows? If I view the image properties I can see the longitude, latitude and altitude but is there anyway to transform this into a place name like the iphone does?

I'm viewing the pictures in Windows Photo Viewer, to be honest I've never installed any other software to view images so I don't know where to begin.

Thank you for any help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-gps-place-name-on-images-in-windows.1143588/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Viewing GPS place name on images in windows

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.94%

I have a huge collection of very small (8x8 to 16x16) images that I need to look through. It would be nice if I could see each picture zoomed in to a larger size, since it is hard to make out the detail with the naked eye. However, when I try to zoom in using Windows Explorer, the displayed size of the images doesn't change at all, only the space between them. If I open the image with Windows Photo Viewer, which came with my computer, I can zoom in and out using the mouse wheel. However, the moment I move to the next or previous image, the zoom reverts back to the normal setting, forcing me to zoom in again. This quickly becomes unbearably tedious for thousands of images, and I was wondering if there's a better way to let me see the zoomed in images.

A:Viewing very small images using Windows

Would magnifier be of use?

If you have a Start burtton, click Start, type mag then click on magnifier at top left.
If using Start screen, type mag then press Enter.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56896-viewing-very-small-images-using-windows.html
Relevancy 67.08%

When I choose Thumbnails view in Windows Explorer I get a set of thumbnails as expected.

But when I click on a thumbnail the image opens in Internet Explorer. I'm sure it used to open in an image viewer that let me run a sort of slideshow.

How can I get things back the way they were? Hope you can help.

Relevancy 66.22%

My PC just died on me and I've been forced to move from XP to I got a new computer yesterday and a very large monitor for viewing images at optimum size because I am a professional author and art historian and work with thousands of images of portraits stored in hundreds of folders These have all been transferred to my new computer But I'm horrified to see that Photo Problems viewing in with images Viewer Windows many now come up less than actual size whereas on XP they were enlarged Furthermore there is no icon for moving an image to another folder - something I need to do frequently - Problems with viewing images in Windows Photo Viewer and I cannot find any guidance anywhere With the number of images in my folders and sub-folders etc dragging is not an option as it is too time-consuming I am distraught tonight for if I can't solve these problems they are going to impact profoundly on my professional life and on the huge enjoyment I obtain from working with Problems with viewing images in Windows Photo Viewer portraits Can anyone kindly help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69274-problems-viewing-images-windows-photo-viewer.html
Relevancy 65.79%

OK, so i put a whole load of pictures taken on the same night with different cameras into a folder, but the different cameras give the pictures different names and as such theyre all sorted in a silly order, just by name.
I know that by right-clicking and selecting 'arrange icons by> picture taken on' would sort out the problem...but for some reason when i right-click its not one of the options! Anyone know how to get that option back? The folder is customised as a photos folder...and only contains jpeg images, so i don't understand why i cant choose to arrange them by picture taken on, when i can do it in other similar folders!

A:Solved: Viewing images in windows explorer - sorting by 'picture taken on'

cidadededeus said:

OK, so i put a whole load of pictures taken on the same night with different cameras into a folder, but the different cameras give the pictures different names and as such theyre all sorted in a silly order, just by nameClick to expand...

You sound suprised... that puzzles me... Why would you put images from different cameras in the same folder...Hate to say, but it's beyond me
Make a folder for each camera... then copy and paste to the cameras folder

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-viewing-images-in-windows-explorer-sorting-by-picture-taken-on.468632/
Relevancy 61.06%

I am using windows XP and I can't figure out why a red x is appearing where images should be.  For example when I go to the google home page instead of an image there is a red x.  Any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:Red X in place of most images

Updated Adobe Flash Player 11 and it didn't help the problem.  The red x shows up on some sites but not others.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/486115/red-x-in-place-of-most-images/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have this problem and I'm not sure what the correct procedure is. In many documents I've prepared in MS Word (this is MS Word 2010- creating teaching materials, mainly), I have text on a page, then an image I insert. Sometimes the next time I come back to the document, the image has floated away. Other times, I know it's because I may have changed a couple of words, but the image will wind up halfway down the page. I figured I'd put the image in a one-cell table, but I can't seem to get that working. I know that just inserting the image on a document page cannot be the way to go for stablility and reliability.

Can someone please tell me the simple, foolproof way to insert an image and know 100% that it will stay put?

Thanks!

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there.

I was hoping someone on here might be able to help me with a problem i'm having.

Basically, I have a lot of images that I want to burn on to dvd to view on my tv through the dvd player.

The images look fine on the pc, and when i burn them to the disc, if i view them from the disc, they look fine on the pc, but if i view them from the dvd player through the tv, they look out of focus.

I have used ulead and photoshop to burn the dvds, and have burn at x4 and x48.

I have used this dvd writer before to burn images with no problems, but since i have reinstalled xp and installed all the programs again, it doesn't seem to be any good.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Craig

A:viewing images from dvd on tv

Hey Craig,

The 'bluryness' could be cause by a few reasons.

1. The resolution of the images
2. The size of your tv and it's resolution
3. The Disk you're burning it on

You say you've done this before. Have you tried the older disks on the same player/tv? Do they look alright?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/viewing-images-from-dvd-on-tv-191406.html
Relevancy 59.34%

When I receive Gif Images, my system won't show them unless I click on every picture number and
open by clicking on a View box in a little screen.
Can i adjust my computer too view Gif images when sent to me?
chuck.

Relevancy 59.34%

When I got my computer I was able to view all gif images and animations through internet explorer. Then I downloaded a program to make gifs. The program has since expired. The problem is that when I try to open a gif through the desktop OR windows explorer, it tries to open the file through the expired program. How do I change the default program for viewing these gifs?

brian

A:Viewing GIF images

Start Windows Explorer. Navigate to any .gif file. Single left click on it to highlight it. Now press and hold the shift key. Right click on the .gif file and select "Open With". Scroll down and select Iexpore to open it with. Make sure to check off the box at the bottom that reads "Always use this program to open this file type" and click on Ok. That will reassociate All of the .gifs to use IE.

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 02-11-2001).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-gif-images.38713/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have previously used ACDSee as my image viewer but have recently changed to Futuris Imager. However all my images are still recognised as ACDSee JPEGs and can only be opened through Imager as oppossed to double clicking the file.

How can I make it so that double clicking will open the image?

Thanks.

A:(Solved) Viewing images

Right-click a jpg while holding down the Shift key and select Open With
In the Open With window, select the program you want to associate with jpg's and make sure you put a tick in the box that says "Always open this type of file with this program"
That should do it. However, I have noticed, specifically with MGI Photosuite, that it keeps recapturing the associations, so I uninstalled that program, then there were no problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-viewing-images.126802/
Relevancy 58.91%

i want to view all my images in ie exlporer....i know you do a shift right click to view the image in a particuler program... but i would like to set a default to view all images in ie... right now when i open an image it opens in ms photo editor...

please help

thanks
sd

A:{RESOLVED}viewing images

Do the shift + right click method and click once on either IExplore or Explorer on the list to highlight it and then place a check in the "always use this program etc..." box and click ok.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-viewing-images.43734/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi folks,

When I double click a TIF image in XP I get "no preview available" in the Windows XP Fax and Image Viewer. It's help files indicate that I should not only be able to view TIF files but I should even have edit ability. I checked to file using my Photo Explorer program and it's fine there. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Rik

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all,

Today I was reviewing some pictures of mine (all of which are JPG) and noticed that the ones that have some standard indexed file name (such as a digital camera would save them as) were unviewable.  The files that I had renamed myself at some point were intact, but the files with names like 100_####.jpg or DSCN#### will not open in Paint, Paint.net, or anything...on MY computer.  I sent two files to a friend; one that I could see, and one that I couldn't.  He was able to see the 100_#### file that I was unable to see.  He recommended trying Malwarebytes - which I did, and nothing changed.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

A:Problem with viewing JPG images

I'd interpret that as possible file corruption...which may be an indicator of hard drive problems.

Is that the only problem with your system right now?  Any other odd circumstances?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519015/problem-with-viewing-jpg-images/
Relevancy 58.91%

When I use Windows Photo Gallery to view files like jpg s the time it takes for images to load when I want to view them quickly is kinda slow The images take nearly a split second or so to load Viewing Images in Vista when I am trying to Viewing Images in Vista go Viewing Images in Vista through a bunch of pictures I was wondering if there was anyway to make it so that images load instantaniously when I click the next button or press the right key on my keyboard perhaps changing some hidden settings or something I have Viewing Images in Vista practically no background processes running Sidebar disabled Windows Defender disabled I only have Nod running in the background but that takes close to no system resources to run I have a pretty fast computer --------------------------------- Running Vista Ultimate x E OC GHz GB RAM x GTS s SLI ed The images DO load fast but I want them to load instantly And a second question Do any of you know of a way to play gif animations in Windows Photo Gallery I can play them fine in IE but unlike XP where I could just browse through a bunch of gifs Vista has to pop up a new browser for each image I have third party software for viewing gifs but I wanted to use an extremely basic program such as Windows Photo Gallery something like XP s Windows Picture and Fax Viewer Any help appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this but I have these pictures, that i used to be able to view on my computer. They're normal .bitmap and jpeg images but now, when i try to view them it says:

Paint cannot view this file
This is not a valid bitmap file, or it's format is not currently supported

I tried to view the pictures with windows fax and picture viewer but it doesnt work with that either..I can't see the pictures at all

Is there any way i can view them?

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 58.05%

Images on the net seem out of proportion. They seem to be shortened in the length proportion. In other words- a long sleek car seems pudgy.

Win 98 SE, GEForce 256 card, IE 6.0, desktop settings are 1280 X 768.

Is there a way to get a better image proportion?

Relevancy 58.05%

Just bought a new digital camera. It is set to 12M(4000x3000) for the best quality images.

The only downside is when I transfer them to my pc and use Irfanview to view them they are way bigger than the screen. I went into Options/Properties&Settings/Full Screen and the "Fit to Screen:large images only is ticked.

What do I need to do without resizing the images to get them to open where the image isn't off the screen?

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I've just come across a problem on my PC, when I was trying to change my wallpaper.
I can't view any pics on my PC, not even as thumbnails. All I get is the same Icon you get if you choose to view pics as tiles. When I double click to preview the pic in full size nothing happens. I can however view images if I choose to edit them.
I've uploaded a screenshot to show you what I mean.

I'm using Windows XP.
Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Trouble viewing images in XP

Did you apply the WMF exploit unofficial fix? Because that'll not let you view your pics as thumbnails for your own protection. (that's my answer from my experience because I also installed that)

Also, if you can't open the pics, that means you also disabled Windows Fax and Image Viewer, another way to protect us from the WMF exploit. If you want to enable it again:

Go to Start Run ( type %WinDir%\System32\regsvr32.exe shimgvw.dll ) OK. When done correctly, a window should appear:

DllRegisterServer in C:\Windows\SystemFolder\shimgvw.dll succeeded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-viewing-images-in-xp.430537/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a couple apps I created in VB a while ago (1 is a year old, the other is 4) that have imageboxes in them with the stretched property = true. On my W2k Pro SP4 machine, these images do not show in runtime. I was wondering if anyone has encountered this and if there is a fix, either for my app or for the OS.

Happy Holidays.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/imagebox-not-viewing-stretched-images.310922/
Relevancy 58.05%

I accidentally deleted a bunch of old pictures from my camera that were in my Recycle Bin and now I'm trying to retrieve them. I downloaded Restoration, which has found the files, but when I copy (restore) them over, I receive errors trying to open them.

Using QuickTime Picture Viewer it tells me that a "suitable graphics importer could not be found."
Using Windows Photo Viewer it tells me that "Photo Viewer doesn't support this file format" or I "don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer."

The files are still in JPG format. Does anyone have any suggestions, or perhaps an alternative file recovery program to download?

Thank you.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell computer running Windows XP. I've noticed that certain websites are not displaying properly; graphics are missing from some pages (not all graphics, just one or two). For example, the banner at the top of nytimes.com will not show. There doesn't seem to be an order to the missing graphics; it seems to be randomly blocking certain graphics, both jpg and gif. If I visit a new site, I do not know if I'm seeing all there is to see!

Does anyone have any idea what would cause this problem? I have my security settings at "Medium." I also use McAfee virus scan and firewall.

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer!

Michelle

Relevancy 58.05%

I have just received a new Nikon D last week on viewing Help images computer Solved: replacing my Nikon D X When I would remove my SD card from the D X and put it Solved: Help viewing images on computer in the card slot on my computer my pics would open in Windows Photo gallery and I could just whiz thru them very quickly Solved: Help viewing images on computer to pick and choose the ones I wanted to keep But now with the D it takes forever I can t just click the advance arrow to go to the next picture seems like I have to sit and wait while it says quot loading quot and this takes forever Is there a different way I can view the pics I have taken that doesn t take forever I hope I am making sense where someone can understand this I am very new to this D and am still trying to use it out of the auto mode I am shooting in both Jpeg and RAW fine I just want them to open quicker like the D did not sit and wait and wait Thanks sherri nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I am trying to view some photos and jpeg documents on my T.V via its usb port, but I cant get them to cover the full screen. Each image has black bars either side of it. Any ideas how I get it to cover the whole of the screen...?

Relevancy 57.62%

IS there a way to view images such as gif, jpg etc. in the temp internet folder? I remember years ago when I wanted to save a lot of icons or small pics from sites, instead of right clicking and saving the images one by one I would just load the pages I wanted , then go into temp internet folder, gather them up and save them all in one move. Now I cant seem to view the images in that folder to see which ones I want to save. Is this an XP protection thing and is there a way around this?

Thanks

edit: the files are in the folder, but I can only see them as files and cannot see the image, so unless I know the name of each pic I want to save then it is very difficult to know which ones I want as they are not always named appropriately.

A:Viewing images in temp internet folder

Change the view from 'details' to 'thumbnails' in Windows Explorer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/viewing-images-in-temp-internet-folder-108186.html
Relevancy 57.62%

A long time ago when I was using Netscape 2.0 as my browser I must have set it to be the default for viewing images. (jpg's) I haven't used Netscape for many years, now use Firefox. I know there is a way in XP to designate what program is used to open certain types of extensions. I just need a good slap on the head to help me remember where I went to accomplish this task. Your help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You,
Paul Lysne

A:Solved: change default for viewing images

My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types Tab > Select The File Type > Advanced > Double Click On Open > .... Browse !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-default-for-viewing-images.691073/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have had a need to search and view U S Patents many times in recent years I use this site http patft uspto gov A few months ago the graphics card in my laptop died Patent images Problem viewing Solved: and I decided to get a different computer I am now using a Dell Latitude E w XP Pro I basically scrapped my old laptop and put Solved: Problem viewing Patent images most of the software on this laptop Everything seems to be working properly Yesterday Solved: Problem viewing Patent images I tried to do a Patent search and found that I have a problem I am not able to view images The images included in Patent files are in a quot special quot tiff format It must be able to specifically display TIFF files using ITU T or CCITT Group G compression A plug in is required to view them The Help button supplied by the Patent Office recommends a free program that has always worked well for me in the past AlternaTIFF http www alternatiff com When I try to view a Patent image I am told that I need a quot Quick Time quot plug in Why Quick Time The Help file recommends AlternaTIFF http www alternatiff com I downloaded a new copy Solved: Problem viewing Patent images of Quick Time using my dial-up connection It s meg When I check all the options in the Quick Time program I get the BSOD If I just check the quot tiff quot image option it does not help The only thing quot different quot about this computer is the solid state hard drive I can t imagine how that would make any difference I am using Firefox also tried Internet Explorer Anybody have any idea what s going on here Thanks for looking Roger nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I know that if in Folder Options I choose "Always show icons, never thumbnails' the '.thumbs' file stops being created everytime you view an image file in Explorer. But I do want to see thumbnails, or more specifically I like the idea of viewing the image of the *.jpg, *.dng etc. when in Explorer. However, what I don't like is getting a '.thumbs' file being created.
I'm sure it is possible to have one without the other but can't recall how to do so.
Thank you

A:Viewing thumbnails as images but without .thumbs file

In Windows Explorer [Win7 and earlier] go to Organize, Folder and Search Options, View tab and the first item Files and Folders and uncheck the first thing about Always show icons, never thumbnails. At least that is what works with my Win7 Ult. But then I use the Extra Large Icons view for pictures and don't get the .thumbs part.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/351413-viewing-thumbnails-images-but-without-thumbs-file.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am running under Windows My problem is exhibited in IE Navigator and as well viewing sites certain online images Problem and as Firebird I know the problem is with my computer not the sites or images that I am trying to view When I go to certain sites I am told they do not exist when they do When I go to other sites and utilize Problem viewing certain sites and images online the function on the site instead of the expected results I get a blank screen and in the Navigator Title bar is a reference to GIF Image x pixels I have seen the expected results on other computers as a list not a blank screen In IE on that same site I get a blank screen and when I do file properties it tells me it is a gif it should not be a gif it should be a list There are also certain images that instead of being able to view them I get a blank -- and the reference to GIF Image x when I look at their properties One of these gif files is one that I have on my harddrive and I can view it fine with my browser when it is on the harddrive But when I upload it to the server I get the blank with reference to GIF Image x There are even jpgs that I get this indication from I know this is my setup somehow but I do not know what to look for as the cause of this problem I have cleaned out my cache and cookies I emptied WINDOWS temp I ran spybot I actually thought that the trouble started when I did the immunize with spybot but i am not positive about that - and I would think it would not have effected Navigator I know that I can no longer access hotmail through IE since then though I have lowered my security levels and that has not helped I have searched thru google for something similar to this problem and see nothing I posted this in the wrong category earlier today and the thread has since disappeared I put urls in the earlier post so I have left them off of this one in case putting the urls is against the rules If anyone can help with any suggestions I am willing to try them Thank you lynn nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

A couple of pc after viewing Major Images slow down Google days ago while browsing Google Images I clicked on an image the screen went black a box popped up stating there is a virus trying to download not AVG warning I exited the box then a full screen image appeared stating my computer was being protected again not AVG I panicked and Major pc slow down after viewing Google Images hit the power button to shut the computer down I rebooted immediately ran an AVG scan nothing came up Major pc slow down after viewing Google Images I then ran Malwarebytes and it found entries of a keylogger which it removed but my computer is lagging and taking forever to reboot which was never the case before this happened It also sounds like something is Major pc slow down after viewing Google Images running in the background if that makes any sense I have done the required prep-work but am unable to make the necessary tick mark changes on Gmer so when it runs it is coming up blank Not sure how to handle that but I m sure you folks will advise Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me out I am running Windows -bit on a eMachines laptop DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by Ernie at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files eMachines eMachines Power Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x eMachines Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems NTI Backup Now SchedulerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files eMachines eMachines Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x AVG AVG avgemca exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files eMachines eMachines Power Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files eMachines eMachines Power Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k HPServic... Read more

A:Major pc slow down after viewing Google Images

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here:
Main MirrorMirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Change the "Extra Registry" option to "SafeList"Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtras.txt <-- Will be minimizedNEXT:Please provide an update on how things are running in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/403111/major-pc-slow-down-after-viewing-google-images/
Relevancy 56.76%

For some time now I've had strange bars or lines appearing while viewing images on occasion. Now I had it happen while watching a youtube video using internet explorer. I had just shared the video via email when the bars appeared. Could my hard drive be going bad? Sorry I don't know how to post an image. I was able to create a screen capture. I will try and do that but have had no luck in the past. I should ad that I upgraded from vista to windows 7

I just uploaded image of bars onto my webpage:
http://mehp.tripod.com/computer_screen_shots.html
Thanks
Marianne

Relevancy 56.76%
A:How do I make my screen images and text larger for viewing

Hi, What operating system are you using?  What applications are you most concerned about for larger images and text size?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/How-do-I-make-my-screen-images-and-text-larger-for-viewing/td-p/719829
Relevancy 56.76%

i'm running windows XP (not sure if its SP2 or SP3) with Symantec AntiVirus v10. If I use the computer without connecting to the net, everything seems fine. When I connect to the net, I get a pop-up window (Auto-Protect Results) which pops up telling me I have a Bloodhound.Exploit.196 Risk.
I googled this, which led me to the symantec web site, where I was advised to do the following:
- Disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP).
- Update the virus definitions.
- Run a full system scan.

I have completed this task, but it doesn't resolve the problem.

Wondering if any of you guys could help me?
Thanks

A:Norton pop-up window appears when viewing web page with images

Hello and Welcome.

Please turn System Restore back on. Symantec is misguided telling users to disable System Restore before a malware removal effort. A dirty (infected) restore point is better as a fallback position than none at all.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed. I currently have as many open topics as I can effectively handle; this will have you back in queue with the proper logs so an available helper would be able to assist.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/norton-pop-up-window-appears-when-viewing-web-page-with-images-460941.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My problem is - I've saved my digital photos to a dvd+r on a Sony external dvd drive (DRX-710UL) and when I play the disk on my set top dvd player there is alot of flutter in areas of high contrast. This flutter is not seen when I view the same disk on my computer. I'm burning the disk with Nero 6 software. My computer is running Windows XP Home; Pentium 4 processor. The photos have been manipulated in Photoshop 8.0 and are saved as jpeg files. Is the flutter coming from the tv because the photos are too high a resolution at 300ppi?? Help, please. Photogal

A:tv picture "noise/flutter" when viewing dvd of jpeg images

I don't have an answer to your question, but I see you use Nero 6, I am having trouble too burning DVD+R's doing a DVD slide show. I can't get the menu to work, the screen goes blank after the menu comes up. Have you ever had this problem? I didn't have this problem before I downloaded the newest updates to nero Oct. 25, 2004.
Jack

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-picture-noise-flutter-when-viewing-dvd-of-jpeg-images.292962/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering if there are any easy solutions with my problem. Everytime I attempt to view my photos in "My pictures" an error pops up and the file closes. This also happens when I try to save photos from the internet. For example: If i went on google and searched images and try to save one internet explorer closes automatically.
Additional information: I have 111 GB with 93GB free, I have over 600 image files in "my pictures" and this problem started to occur once I purchased a Sony Cyber-Shot camera and installed their software: Cyber-shot viewer.

If anyone has any solutions it would be very appreaicated. I do not want to lose the pictures I have saved.

Thanks

P.S. I ran a search I could not find a solution that was directly related to my situation

A:Problem with saving images and viewing "My Pictures"

Bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-saving-images-and-viewing-my-pictures.563304/
Relevancy 51.17%

I was wondering if there are any easy solutions with my problem. Everytime I attempt to view my photos in "My pictures" an error pops up and the file closes. This also happens when I try to save photos from the internet. For example: If i went on google and searched images and try to save one internet explorer closes automatically.
Additional information: I have 111 GB with 93GB free, I have over 600 image files in "my pictures" and this problem started to occur once I purchased a Sony Cyber-Shot camera and installed their software: Cyber-shot viewer.

If anyone has any solutions it would be very appreaicated. I do not want to lose the pictures I have saved.

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

A couple of weeks ago the phone company did major work on the lines around here. Before that, my web pages loaded with images appearing immediately. Now, I get image place holders which then covert into images. It's not much slower - it's just that the image place holders bug me and I wonder if some settings have changed on the PC that alter the way that pages load?

A:Solved: Image Place Holders all over the place

Hiya

Not sure if this will help, but it may be a setting in the Options:

Control Panel | Internet Options. Advanced tab. Scroll down to Multimedia, and untick Show Image Download Placeholders....Apply and OK

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-image-place-holders-all-over-the-place.282970/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!

My computer(Mother board = micro star inc 7211) has a few issues with RAM

1. I Can only use 1 DDR ram if i place both of my 256 ddr ram the computer just beebs and does not start. but when i use 1 256 ddr ram its ok ,

2. when the computer starts with one ram and i check the ram capacity it reads 192 instead of 256

will someone please help me out

Thanks

A:Computer only works when i place one ddr ram but if i place two it beebs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-only-works-when-i-place-one-ddr-ram-but-if-i-place-two-it-beebs.923702/
Relevancy 43%

i was wondering if there is any software i can go from my pc from windows xp to windows vista, is there any software where u can switch windows, like for example on windows xp and vista u can switch user accounts, but i wanna switch windows, if u know what i mean

A:windows xp and windows vista softwares request, sorry if i post in the wrong place

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-and-windows-vista-softwares-request-sorry-if-i-post-in-the-wrong-place.786769/
Relevancy 42.57%

Am trying to do an In-place repair to my Surface Pro already running windows Build because of and - apps, repair install 10 In-place windows files keep Cant Windows bugs causing the Start menu and search to be unusable as well as some metro apps Windows 10 In-place repair - Cant keep files and apps, windows install Have already tried re registering apps using powershell but no luck The steps i have followed to attempt this In-place repair are here and am using the USB installation media method The problem I'm experiencing and enquiring about is when I get up to choosing what to keep it tells me this I have done a bit of research and found some people have fixed this by undoing past registry edits but this is a very new computer and have never done any registry edits and started with a clean install Windows and all my system files and programs are in there reglar spot and I run nothing off of other hard drives Also I have tried booting from the USB media and get the same thing So how could this be solved Thanks in advance

A:Windows 10 In-place repair - Cant keep files and apps, windows install

Why don't you just select Keep personal files and apps? You can choose one of the two other options, too, as is clearly told in the tutorial you mentioned.
Screenshot from the tutorial you mentioned, its Step 13: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

Kari
EDIT:

Forget the above, I've just noticed my reply is wrong; when checking your screenshot again I can see that those two other options are greyed out.

I have no idea why. One possible reason is that the install media used is older than current installed Windows. The in-place upgrade and repair install needs to be done using the same Windows version, build and edition than the installed Windows, or later.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/50483-windows-10-place-repair-cant-keep-files-apps-windows-install.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey friends, I have been trying to do an in-place upgrade on my PC because of continual windows explorer crashes, however, when the installer tries to check for compatibility, I get a message that the install cannot continue due to Lenovo ADP composite device. I think it was installed when I installed the software for my Lenovo tablet to connect an Android device to a PC. I am at my wit's end and extremely frustrated. If anyone can tell me how I can get rid of the Android connection software (probably some kind of driver), please let me know. By the way, it does not show up in device manager.

A:cannot do an in-place upgrade on my. Windows seven PC

Do you see any sign of that software when you look in C Program Files or in C Program Files (x86)?

Or in Control Panel/Programs and Features?

Do you reject the idea of a clean Windows install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/401819-cannot-do-place-upgrade-my-windows-seven-pc.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Can anyone help me ?

I need to add Windows 7 to my Apple Mac.

Where is the best place and cheapest place to purchase it.

Whats the difference with 32bit and 64bit and how do i decide what is best for my Mac ?

Thanks

ADRIAN HIBBERT

A:Where is the Best Place to Purchase Windows 7 ?

Hi.

For the best solution post your question here,
http://www.sevenforums.com/chillout-...deals-day.html
Guys like whs and others there are specialists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/199283-where-best-place-purchase-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

i have somehow put winxp proff on the computer at the same time winxp home is on here....i was just tryingto upgrade not start a whole new partition...how do i get rid of the new winxp pro service pack2 that i just put on there...without hurting my wixp home...i have a hp pavilion mx 70 so it came with no boot disks or anything...

A:not sure if im in the right place...i have somehow put 2 windows on computer

Well this is what you can do but please read every step carefully, especially since you don't have boot disks.

Go to Start>Run, type msconfig, click on the Tab that says boot.ini.
First try to click on "Check All Boot Paths" to see if windows will automatically clean the boot.ini it's a 50/50 chance. If it does then delete the file you don't want under "Operating Systems". You can read more on this subject here http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q289022.

I would also advise you to make yourself a boot disk http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-sure-if-im-in-the-right-place-i-have-somehow-put-2-windows-on-computer.615332/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I am looking to upgrade my laptop from XP to Windows 7. Can anyone tell me the best place I can buy a key for cheap? I am looking for Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate, and I really don't care which one. I would like to do a fresh install not an "upgrade", though my computer is currently running a windows product as we speak. Hopefully the place I buy the key from will also have the software available for download. I have heard people mention finding licenses for $30-$40 before. Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.

A:Best Place to buy Genuine Windows 7 license?

The only place is a legitimate seller such as ---http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=4622&name=Windows_7&srkey=windows%207%20operating%20system

If you have been told that you can get one for $30.00 -- run for the hills - they are fake.

Windows 7, Windows 7 Home, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate at TigerDirect.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340513-best-place-buy-genuine-windows-7-license.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Windows XP Home, I right click and drag an item from the open window to the desktop and select "create shortcut" and nothing happens. The normal ones don't appear either.
Yet... I have another desktop that works normally. What am I overlooking? Both user accounts are Adminstrator accounts.

Thxs

Relevancy 42.14%

I've just had a laptop returned from repair
I've had the hard disc replaced
Problem now: it's taking me a million years to update ALL windows updates
It seems to take a 1000 years for the updates to download in the first place
But then it takes another 1000 years for the installation

I was thinking: could I speed up the download anyhow?
Is there somewhere on Microsoft's website where I can download all current updates?

I heard this is normally only reserved for engineers with an account at Microsoft

In total, I've spent 5+ hours updating!!!

Thanks
OM

Relevancy 42.14%

I've installed a windows to go on my USB driver. It works well, but only doesn't work on my own home computer.
The symptom is that it will boot from my hard drive(I've already set the BIOS to boot from USB drive).
I've checked the BCD file in my USB drive, it's normal when booting from other computers. But on my home computer, it will be replaced by another file, which contents are exactly same as BCD file on my hard drive. I don't know why.
So it there anyone who knows about the boot process of windows to go? And how could i solve this problem?

A:Windows to go boot from wrong place

Is there any body who can help me?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55686-windows-go-boot-wrong-place.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm not sure what its called, but I have a software program from my school that I installed on my HP computer with windows XP, and everytime I try to open it it comes up with those symbol things instead of letters.
Can someone please tell me what I need to do to change the format on it to regular english letters???
Thank you in advance
harleyangel

A:Windows XP- symbols in place of letters????

can u be more specific? what's the program name-what does it do-what kind of symbols?Is it a program in another language?Maybe somewhere in it is says change into English version ,so that it gives you english text?maybe-I don't know from the few details you have in post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-symbols-in-place-of-letters.205666/
Relevancy 42.14%

hi, thanks a lot for your support.
now i have another problem, i want to format one of my computer which have no cd rom drive and floppy drive.
i have another computer conecting on network, having cd rom drive. can u please suggest me how can i format the pc by using that cd rom drive on network?

A:fomat windows xp from a network place

Hello ,

you will not be able to dothis for when you reformat then your ethernet driver will be uninstalled

what you can do is go to your local pc repair shop & see if the have a old working basic cd rom that you can buy for $5 to $10 / it will just need to be basic now writing abilities
and you will need to have a data connection cable

or you can copy your software to a usb device as long as the issue pc has usb abilities & will load from a usb device & the device will have to be at least a 1 gig for the size of windows software is almost 700mb

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fomat-windows-xp-from-a-network-place-290353.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I'm wanting to upgrade my laptop to Windows 8. I currently have Ubuntu 12.10 installed alongside Windows 7. I've had a lot of trouble getting ubuntu installed and working (AMD graphics ) so I'd like to just leave that as is.

Is it possible to just install windows 8 over W7 in the same partition? How do I go about doing that? Is it as straight forward as just putting the disk in or is the whole secure boot thing going to cause issues? I want to do a clean install rather than using the upgrade assistant to install W8 over W7.

Cheers

A:Installing windows 8 with Ubuntu 12.10 already in place

If you install Windows 8, it will replace your current bootloader and quite likely Ubuntu will no longer boot. Here is an article that will help to restore GRUB bootloader after Windows has overwritten it.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/19082-installing-windows-8-ubuntu-12-10-already-place.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hope this is all the place over files system windows and the right place I am having serious problems with my acer aspire running xp sp I cant even access windows updates or explorer help files I have windows files everywhere including my documents program files etc with empty folders in one place and those same folders sitting somewhere else in another location I had stubborn spyware etc which I managed to remove but obviously not in time I have used pccillin pconpoint spyhunter spyware doctor noadware msanti spyware adwarealert adaware clean my pc and also had system and windows files all over the place avg but that was removed by the infection in my system along system and windows files all over the place with incredimailand firefox The system and windows files all over the place more I try to fix things the worse it gets Also as it is an acer computer the recovery disks are different to everyone else I know How can I get things back to normal please in a step by step way I dont know how to enter bios or anything which is what I have read as the starting point of advice given to others Is there a tool which will sort out all my files and folders Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner RCScheduler exe C Program Files Speaking Clock SpClock exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C Program Files NoAdware NoAdware exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www iprimus com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www iprimus com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www iprimus com au R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy iprimus com au R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride IPrimus com au lt local gt R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdsg dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - no file O - BHO PCTools Browser Monitor - B A D D- - C -A - DF C AC - C PROGRA SPYWAR tools iesdpb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - Toolbar ReadingBar - be - ed - f f- eb - cec e - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run New net Startup quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-and-windows-files-all-over-the-place.445756/
Relevancy 42.14%

From windows bit ultimate sp to windows bit ultimate sp I do have to note I accidently deleted a partition with games some weeks ago which caused some not clean leftovers 7 windows sp1 ultimate bit In-place 64 upgrade in registry but they are only games not a single In-place upgrade windows 7 64 bit ultimate sp1 system application So I don't think this is a cause for upgrade to fail The point of this inplace upgrade repair is to fix all the security settings rights to default Since I have security issues acces denied etc and I had tried to fix them with all sorts of commands Icalcs subinacl etc for full details on security issue view my topic created herehttp forums guru d com showthread php t amp page It said it had trouble with following devices when checking on compatibility AWBN A-HW IDE controller yellow exclaimation mark Alcohol Daemon tools Dungeon siege legends of Aranna But I don't even have any IDE devices Only Sata So I uninstalled the IDE controller and other programs and tried setup again it went through I have also run windows upgrade assistant and gave no trouble other then some videogames that were not recognised or might not work i have of em installed After the upgrade it rebooted and it said it had failed and was reverting back to old This is the setuplog I took from the upgrade folders setupact rar MB - uploaded to Seems to be stopped Could someone tell me why my upgrade is failing

A:In-place upgrade windows 7 64 bit ultimate sp1

I just read about Windows Easy Transfer but I only found a vista/ xp download.. could this combined with a clean install be my answer? I want to maintain functionality over ALL my games, and if possible programs too.

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report

Computer Name:Operating System:Windows 7 UltimateCPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHzMemory:8.0 GB

System
Details

Most complete Windows 7 is installed

You're using Windows 7 Ultimate, which is the most complete version of Windows 7.

Windows Aero support

Your graphics adapter supports the Windows Aero user interface.Go online to learn more about Windows Aero

CPU speed: 3.4 GHz

Your CPU meets the 1 GHz minimum requirement.

8.0 GB of RAM

Your PC meets the 2 GB minimum requirement.

59.3 GB free space available on C:

Your hard disk meets the minimum requirement of 20 GB free space for 64-bit Windows 7.
Devices
Status
Details

High Definition Audio Device
Microsoft

Compatible
This device is compatible with Windows 7.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
NVIDIA

Compatible

Realtek High Definition Audio
Realtek

Compatible

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Realtek

Compatible
Programs
Status
Details

Command & Conquer The First Decade
version 1.00.0000
Electronic Arts

Not compatible
This version of the program will not work on Windows 7.

Fallout 3
version 1.00.0000
Bethesda Softworks

Not compatible

Far Cry
version 1.00.0000
Ubisoft

Not compatible

Far Cry 2
version 1.03.00
Ubisoft

Not compatible

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1

Not compatible

Titan Quest Immortal Throne
version 1.00.0000
Iron Lore

Not compatible

World in Conflict: Soviet Assault
version 1.0.1.0
Ubisoft Entertainment

Not compatible

3DMark06
version 1.0.2
Futuremark

Update available
We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.Get an update to a compatible version

Age of Empires III
version 1.00.0000
Microsoft Game Studios

Update available
We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.Get an update to a compatible version

Doom 3
version 1.2
Activision

Update available

FEAR Perseus Mandate
version 1.00.0000
Sierra Entertainment, Inc.

Action recommended
The publisher has a solution for making this program work with Windows 7.Visit the publisher's website

Microsoft Halo
version 1.0
Microsoft

Update available

Steam
version 1.0.0.0
Valve Corporation

Update available

The Witcher Enhanced Edition
version 1.00.0000
CD Projekt Red

Update available
We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.

Titan Quest
version 1.00.0000
Iron Lore

Known issues
You may experience issues running this program on Windows 7. Go online for a solution

Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit 5.6
version 5.6.7324.0
Microsoft Corporation

This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.Learn more about the Compatible with Windows 7 logo

Microsoft Silverlight
version 4.0.60531.0
Microsoft Corporation

This program has earned Microsoft's Compatible with Windows 7 logo.Learn more about the Compatible with Windows 7 logo

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistribut... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/190331-place-upgrade-windows-7-64-bit-ultimate-sp1.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe over the all keep popping place Browser windows up C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Browser windows keep popping up all over the place Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Browser windows keep popping up all over the place Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C WINDOWS System imapi exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE D Software hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www uthscsa edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www uthscsa edu R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www uthscsa edu R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Security Toolbar - A AE -FBED- -A BF- AF - C WINDOWS system nniitvac dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run SearchIndexer rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system xphkhpaw dll quot sitypnow O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - HKCU Run H PC Connection Agent quot C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe quot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Web Anti-Virus statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus SCIEPlgn dll O - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA MICROS INetRepl dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c program files bonjour mdnsnsp dll O - Options group INTERNATIONAL International O - DPF CCA E - - D -AC E- - http h www hp com ediags dd install HPInstallMgr v cab O - DPF E - ... Read more

Relevancy 41.28%

I discovered that my previously working scheduled back-up was no longer working and could Windows install fails 7 upgrade in-place not be reset The task scheduler was reporting errors I tried restoring to an earlier version but Windows 7 in-place upgrade install fails no luck I run system file checker to discover several file problems that were not fixed by the system So I decided to run the in-place windows install upgrade option from the original OEM Windows SP DVD All worked as expected until just before the 'enter product key' page which has never appeared I have a black screen with the right hand bottom message Windows build not a genuine windows version I have tried to re- boot and get to the safe or normal restart screen The safe mode options return 'windows is unable to load safe option set up will continue after restart' but all that happens after reboot is a black screen and message again The start windows normally runs and the windows loading logo is displayed after which I see the black screen and message again Disc activity stops and nothing happens I have a genuine windows disc and product key that was activated and verified on the machine I have now run out of ideas i understand the principals but not an expert Can anyone help please Nigel

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/380007-windows-7-place-upgrade-install-fails.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I decided to do an in situ repair of my installation of Windows because various things such as the Administrative Tools and Winzip no longer run As soon as I click on them I get a message saying quot Microsoft Management Console has stopped working quot SFC has been unable to solve the problem Winzip technical support advised me to uninstall Winzip and gave me a link to a new file to download and install but the repair 7 of SP1 do in an to Professional place Windows Unable installation failed because quot NET Assembly Registration Utility stopped working quot However when I followed the instructions found in Seven Forums I got another error message that said that I could not upgrade Windows Professional to Windows Professional I am running Windows SP but only have an Windows without SP installation CD so I followed the instructions about making the setup file compatible with Vista SP which resulted in the message above Can anyone help Unable to do an in place repair of Windows 7 Professional SP1 either with how to do a repair to Windows or to get MMC working I would be very grateful for any advice

A:Unable to do an in place repair of Windows 7 Professional SP1

You should get a Windows 7 SP1 DVD.
See this thread

Need help reinstalling windows 7, i have a legit product key but have - Microsoft Answers

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/215282-unable-do-place-repair-windows-7-professional-sp1.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My internet explorer favorites are stored in c:\users\myuserid\favorites. I have often found that it is easier and more convenient to work with my favorites by using Windows Explorer rather than the Internet Explorer Favorites Explorer bar. I could always
just double-click on a favorite from Windows Explorer to open it in Internet explorer. This has always worked for me until today. Now, if I double click on a favorite, it brings up a blank internet explorer session with no url in the address bar. What has
changed? I can't say for sure when this last worked normally for me, but I'm sure that I have done this successfully in the last few months.

Internet Explorer 11.0.9600 and Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

Ray Pietrzak

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afeeb819-9883-4d6c-8b7c-012646b39bfd/open-favorite-place-from-windows-explorer?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 41.28%

Is there a way to have Win7 Ultimate x64 to force a reinstall rather than a repair?

Not sure if it's an issue with HDD or what at this point but here's what is going on...

I started getting some BSOD errors, then startup errors reporting bad system files. I tried to have windows do the repairs with the install DVD but it keeps repeating the process and the same errors come back up. I can't figure out how to get the actual Install to start to run a "Repair Installation" like Win2K and XP would do.

It is a single user(single install) license and if I change HDD's, will it let me re-run the upgrade install again without having to call Micro$oft for a new key?

Thanks in Advance!
-ST

A:Windows 7 Ultimate x64 - Force In Place Reinstall?

First, replace the hard disk. You need a least three component changes before it will need re-activating Windows again.

To do in place repairs, type SFC /SCANNOW (SFC = System File Checker) and it will replace any corrupt files.

More info:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-ultimate-x64-force-in-place-reinstall.966312/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ever after having done an in-place upgrade problem 7 Icon in-place Windows upgrade after of my Windows x installation I've been having some strange icon issues This does not impact all of my icons but it impacted some Icon problem after Windows 7 in-place upgrade of my desktop short cuts and some of the items in Icon problem after Windows 7 in-place upgrade the Start menu These aren't too difficult to fix either by creating new Icon problem after Windows 7 in-place upgrade short cuts or by right-clicking - gt Properties - gt Short Cut tab - gt Change Icon From there I can point it to look in the right place for the icon The pattern I've observed is that Windows will default to looking in the wrong place for the icon When I click on the quot Change Icon quot option in the Properties window it will show an erroneous path to the file in which to look for the icon For example it will have something like quot Program Files quot when it should be looking in quot C Program Files x quot Something like that And I just installed a mouse driver which has a tray icon And the tray icon now appears as a generic white rectangle with the upper right corner turned down blank sheet of paper icon I think I know that's not right Not a huge deal obviously but the kind of thing that bothers me So my questions are how can I correct a tray icon and how can I get my new Windows installation to automatically look in the right place for icons without all of this manual intervention Thanks

A:Icon problem after Windows 7 in-place upgrade

Hi Gumby,

Follow this article. Icon Cache - Rebuild

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322267-icon-problem-after-windows-7-place-upgrade.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello I have Windows Home currently installed on my Asus X BA I got Windows thru upgrade Original OS is Windows Upgrade went well Reset to PC Keep my Files went well also after a few months However just this month I noticed that every time I would leave my laptop on for a long time it would not wake up from sleep Even pressing Sleep won't show any improvement The same Home Windows 10 In-place Error Upgrade week upon Windows 10 Home In-place Upgrade Error opening laptop it demands System Repair It failed Tried System Restore I can use the laptop but waking up from sleep is still not fixed And then just last week all three ports stopped working One is USB the other two are USB Flash drives are functional upon using it on another laptop Connected my Transcend TB hard drive still the same I always get the 'beep' sound but it won't show on My Computer Even SD Port won't work Here are the steps I've tried so far Used another User Account Ports are still not working Checked Disk Management None of the drives are listed there I even tried changing the Drive Letters of the unnamed drive but it won't let me None of the Capacity is similar with the drives I am using Tried updating USB Root Hub and USB Host Controller Says updated However name of the flash drive would show up under Other Devices Name of the device and USB Controller both has Code The drivers for this device are not installed There are no compatible drivers for this device Updating it proves to be useless Turned off Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power to all USB Root Hubs Still nothing Enabled Disabled USB Selective Suspend Setting Still none Enabled Disabled Turn on fast startup Same Uninstalled USB Controller Nothing Windows Update Up to date System Restore Still not working Reset PC Reset is unsuccessful First Reset stopped at Second stopped at Contacted Microsoft thru chat Technician wasn't able to fixed the issue He suggested In-place Upgrade wherein he mentioned that none of my files and apps will be deleted I'll be fine with apps being deleted Technician downloaded Media Creation Tool Told him I already have an installer He insisted that I still download it and took it from there It took me hours to download the Windows including its creation and what not to be greeted with Setup couldn't start properly Please reboot Windows and run setup again Tried my installer Same error Used another account Same Retried it the following day Same Freed the Disk C for some space Still the same Deleted Windows WS but cannot delete Windows BT The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program Entered Safe Mode Changed permission It won't let me delete WinSxS folder The action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program Used CMD to delete it Nothing Tried deleting Windows old You require permission from SYSTEM to make this changes SYSTEM permission is equal with my account Used another account None My user account uses Microsoft e-mail while the other account is a local account Please help me with my concern I just want the USB ports to work And yeah fixing the Reset Issue will also be good without deleting my files But the ports first so that I can transfer them to my external HDD I was busy with school lately and unfortunately that entitled me to download too many files and be not able to back this up Uploading these to cloud will be too time-consuming as I have many files that I have to keep and the other partition is a bit low already Thank you P S I can still charge my Android phone thru the USB cable but it won't show up

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54632-windows-10-home-place-upgrade-error.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Running Vista HP 64. DL'd the Windows 7 upgrade for Vista 64. The problem is that the instillation wants me to uninstall iTunes because of compatability problems. I have the lastest version of iTunes running on my laptop's W7 HP 64-bit without a problem. I really don't want to uninstall iTunes because I ahve a lot of trouble when I go to re-install my songs and playlists (I'm just dumb like that). So, what I'd like to do is install W7 upgrade while iTunes is still in place and take a chance that iTunes will still be working. And, if it isn't after the upgrade, so be it.

A:Upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 with iTunes in place?

As far as I know, iTunes will work after the upgrade just fine. It is advised that you use the "Deauthorize computer" function in iTunes before upgrading, and then you can reauthorize when the upgrade is complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/92692-upgrade-vista-windows-7-itunes-place.html
Relevancy 41.28%

After I upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 I have a strange problem.
After my laptop sits over night when I go to use it in the morning, when I shake my mouse or hit a button so I can log in all I can see is the Windows start screen but not the circle with my profile photos or the place to log in. I do have the controls in the lower left for shut down, ease of access, and Connect to the Internet.
I have my power setting so the computer never sleeps when it is plugged in. All my other settings anr at the default for the Balanced Plan. I have tried some of the other standard power plans put the same thing happens.
I am fairly good at troble shooting problems but this one has got me stumped.

Hp Envy i7 with 8 gb ram

A:windows 10 log in screen does not have a place to login after sleep

Hello pvkid, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Do you mean that you see the lock screen like below instead?

If so, you should be able to click on it, or press Enter to see the sign-in screen.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/21481-windows-10-log-screen-does-not-have-place-login-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi ,

I want to do a repair install of windows 10 ( new 1607) with an in-place upgrade using DVD media ( .iso 1607 , engl/us ,all the same ) because of corrupted files although windows operation so far is good .
sfc /scannow ,
command prompt > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ,
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:E:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess , using the DVD media
couldn't repair .
In my present installation I don't use password to sign-in , so the welcome screen simply shows my photo and enters desktop normally.
The question is , should the new installation accept this or ask me to enter a password in welcome screen ?

Thanks in advance

A:Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Hello babis49,

Your sign in settings should remain the same after doing a repair install.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

If it doesn't for some reason, you can always set Windows to automatically sign in to your account at startup again.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/70077-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am new to this forum and new to Windows 10. I am trying to place a shortcut on the desktop to put the computer to sleep. I tried following the instructions from a few sites that recommended placing a link into the desktop shortcut menu and the suggested shortcut Command does not put the computer to sleep. instead it shuts the computer down. Can someone give me the Sleep command. thank you.
The wrong command is as follows: Rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep
I tried one or 2 other variations of this command and the new shortcut also turned over the computer

A:How do I place a SLEEP shortcut on Windows 10 desktop

Solved Windows 10 sleep shortcut - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/42990-how-do-i-place-sleep-shortcut-windows-10-desktop.html
Relevancy 41.28%

By Donna in Donna's Nook Windows Software and Security Updates A restart is required or not A software update is what you need security be updates sure place? software Windows its are / you Can that in to take advantage of new fixes or features for a program or for any application in Windows A security updates is your first Can you be sure that Windows software / security updates are in its place? defense in protecting your computer against known vulnerabilities in any affected software Both type of update sometimes requires a restart before the update is placed properly but there are times Windows has failed or has not place the installed software update or security updates for your system unless you will restart the computer How is that possible Scenario You installed a software update or security update but after installation a reboot is not required Not required because Windows did not prompt you to restart This means the user is not sure whether the security update is in its place and protecting already the PC from known vulnerabilities that was fixed by installing the said security update Scenario You installed a software update or security updates Windows prompted you to restart the system to complete with security updates' installation You followed the rules by restarting the PC You ran Windows Update check again and found no more updates is needed for your PC Are you done Maybe yes or maybe not How can you be sure that Windows software and or security updates are in place already Read more - Calendar Of Updates - gt How can you be sure that Windows software and or security updates are in its place already

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/247397-can-you-sure-windows-software-security-updates-its-place.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I was just wondering if someone can explain what can possibly be lost from an in-place upgrade of Installs Windows In-Place information Requesting about more of 7 windows I've got a lot of errors that I'm working on in another thread and it's not looking too hopeful So I'm considering this in-place Requesting more information about In-Place Installs of Windows 7 upgrade My concerns Does it mess with the registry I have a lot seriously a lot of programs that have registry keys and some programs that have several Are these lost I have a game on my computer that has that's right Keys to enter not only that it takes HOURS to install I've had to do it once before and it was miserable Requesting more information about In-Place Installs of Windows 7 Custom settings My library folders are all set off OS drive C since OS drive is an SSD Pictures Videos Downloads etc are all kept elsewhere This isn't such a big deal since I don't remember it being too difficult the first time around but would still like to know Custom program settings Some of my programs are using custom settings too like iTunes library is kept on drive G but the program is kept on drive D Others like games keep saves on one drive and the game on another also and some programs store plugins and etc on separate drives Is any of this lost Anything else someone else might've lost that might be a concern Thanks for any responses hopefully I won't have to do this but if I do I'd like to be as informed as possible

A:Requesting more information about In-Place Installs of Windows 7

hello i was wondering could you help me im in a stick i have one of these TOSHIBA SATELLITE PRO L450-13R.well i have a blue wd 250 sata hdd in in and i wanted to update my hdd to a wd 500gb sata black hdd.so i got one and put it in to my laptop and put in my system recovery windows 7 home premium .i also downloaded service pack one and put it on my pc then made a system recovery cd onto my sd memory card.well the windows loads onto the pc and when tells me its finished and i take out the sd card and turn on the pc it says SETUP IS APPLYING SYSTEM SETTINGS then a box comes up saying windows setup could not configure windows to run on this computer hardware. i just am stumped i have tried changing bois settings but not work at all what so ever if you could help me i would be totally great full what i am doing wrong or will this cd work on my pc with sp1 and the windows product key also on it.also i have done a clone of my original hdd and that worked but system restore cds d
ont work and came up with the same error.but i downloaded a windows 7 from the internet and that worked but i needed a product key so i know my new hdd works ok but just like to use my orriginal windows restore cd that came with my laptop on it so i can system restore it with the cd any time i want.please help point me in the right direction

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313924-requesting-more-information-about-place-installs-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I am having a issue where when I first boot my computer after it has not been booted for awhile (6 or more hours) the Boot screen shows Green, Red, block of color all over the place, then windows loses all my drivers, and has color all over it to as I move my move through them they go away then come back. After it warms up a little bit I can restart it and it works fine again. I am extremely confused as to what is going on here. I am wondering if my cpu fan is not cooling quick enough on boot, or my psu is messing up, maybe my graphics card is to old but all of these have no reason to make it boot without any drivers and colors all over the place at the sametime. Thank you for your time.

A:Bios and Windows booting with colors all over the place.

Try removing and thoroughly cleaning the graphics card and slot.Then use methylated spirits [denatured alcohol] to clean all contacts.If the card has a cooling fan attached,make sure the intake and exhaust louvres are clean and clear and blow gently on the fan to make sure it still rotates.Carefully inspect the card for any discolouration caused by heat and the capacitors[large cylindrical components] for distortion.
Monitor artifacts are normally caused by card problems,as you would expect,there are exceptions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/368677-bios-windows-booting-colors-all-over-place.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I run Windows Home on my Dell Inspiron S It runs about as well install place Windows 7 of ? in 10 Why Solved: Windows as I expected except for the need to do rather frequent updates anti-virus checks and updates file backups and system imaging less often junk file removal registry light-cleaning and other housekeeping chores I see no reason Solved: Why install Windows 10 in place of Windows 7 ? to believe that Windows would be less demanding in those regards Also I see no other advantage to my use of a computer from Windows Disadvantage might include a need to perform a considerable number of updates to compensate for what Microsoft soon discovers it neglected in the installation release it is now asking me to use I make that judgment from my installation of Windows when I first acquired my present computer The only possible advantage might be that Microsoft will maintain Windows after maintenance for Windows has ceased Am I right about that Is that enough of an advantage to go through the bother of installing a new OS which may not work with all my free internet software that now work very well What do you think TSG nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,   I face a problem from booting Second HDD that i connect in place of CD-ROM with caddy. i install windows 10 in SSD and want to boot from SSD when i need, but problem is that windows always boot from promary HDD, i uncheck Secure booting and select Legecy option but always windows boot from primary HDD.what is solution???How i can boot from 2nd HDD (SSD)??what procedure can perform to boot from second HDD??kindly tell me any way to solve this problem...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Boot-from-Second-HDD-SSD-that-place-in-place-of-CD-ROM/td-p/5623749
Relevancy 41.28%

I received a dvd that I am interesting watching and was advsd that I may need to install software to do this, my gateway computer component sheet indicates that there is a toshiba dvd installed, is there a software program that I need to download ? any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated !!! Thank You

A:viewing my dvd on windows 98 se

If your machine has a DVD player in it preinstalled, then you should have the software for it. Windows Media Player should also be able to play it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-my-dvd-on-windows-98-se.375413/
Relevancy 41.28%

Have a problem absolutely none of the local experts can help me with. On my PC running XP, if I have multiple windows open at once and the cursor/pointer happens to touch one of the windows in the background it immediatly brings it to the forefront. This used to only happen if I actually clicked on one of the background windows, but now just merely passing over it with the pointer brings it to the front. HELP, annoying as you imagine it is.Mod Edit: Duplicate topics have been merged into this one. Duplicate post was removed. ~tg

A:Viewing Windows

Seems like we've had this one before, or one like it, but I'm not coming up with much. Have you tried a different mouse? It seems reasonable that there may be a wiring short at the mouse end that simulates clicking when you move the mouse. Are you using any software like Intellimouse? Go to Mouse in the Control Panel and make sure you don't have Quicklock enabled, and check your double-clicking speed. Try changing the speed a bit slower or faster and see if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51205/viewing-windows/
Relevancy 40.85%

I've got two files showing up
Windows media player 11
Windows media format 11 runtime

should I have both of these, and if not, can I delete the second one?
Regards
James

A:Windows Media Player help ( sorry if this is the wrong place to post it!!)

Windows Media Format Runtime 11 is for people who want to use the latest Windows Media Player codecs whithout installing Windows Media Player 11.

Windows Media Format runtime is required for WMA (Windows Media Audio) and WMV (Windows Media Video)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-help-sorry-if-this-is-the-wrong-place-to-post-it-334193.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Prior to installing SP1 I was wondering if there is a central application on Windows 7 that checks if all the drivers on my PC are fully updated, just like Windows update.

Anyone knows?

TIA

A:Is there a central place on Windows 7 to check if drivers are updated?

Quote: Originally Posted by rfe777

Prior to installing SP1 I was wondering if there is a central application on Windows 7 that checks if all the drivers on my PC are fully updated, just like Windows update.

Anyone knows?

TIA

No, but Windows Update will notify you when new hardware drivers are available
You should should not update drivers unless the current versions cause problems

Don't use driver scanners, they usually tend to cause problematic situations resulting in badly installed drivers and BSODs

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/145841-there-central-place-windows-7-check-if-drivers-updated.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to make the gadgets, which i took off the sidebar, stick in one place and not move every time i restart my computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-make-the-gadgets-stay-in-one-place-in-windows-vista-364183.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I had previously attempted to do this myself going off of the guide here on this site but it was one issue after another Trying again I've decided to ask for help Currently I am using a Windows Home Premium -bit operating system In-Place Repair: Install Windows Multiple Problems 7 on my laptop which needs the fix Meanwhile I'm trying to put Windows 7 In-Place Install Repair: Multiple Problems together the USB to do the in-place install repair from another computer running Windows 7 In-Place Install Repair: Multiple Problems Windows Ultimate -bit Last time I decided to try and do that all on my laptop but this time I've decided to try making it on the healthy computer Previously my issues were that the Windows USB DVD Download Tool wouldn't recognize the iso I had downloaded from the link provided by the guide here After I used Image Burn to change it to an quot ISO Joliet UDF quot the USB DVD tool would recognize the iso and start making that USB for me However it would always fail at the very end of the process - unfortunately it's been a month since then and several tests finals later and I cannot remember the specific error message that I got Currently however my issue is that the USB DVD Download Tool isn't even launching on my healthy computer the Windows Ultimate Worst part is that it did before I know this is a lot but I'm at a loss here

A:Windows 7 In-Place Install Repair: Multiple Problems

Try instead a fresh ISO which you confirm has downloaded completely, but this time use UltraISO Software To Create Bootable USB Flash Drive which always works for me when the Windows tool can be fussy.

If you'll follow these steps for a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 you will get and keep a perfect install for as long as you do. They are based on countless installs we have helped with here since Win7 beta.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334248-windows-7-place-install-repair-multiple-problems.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have 3 kids, where can they download music that they won't get a bunch of spyware or viruses from?

A:windows xp- just a question, where arre the best place to download music?

Assisting with P2P sites are against the rules here. If you want to download music safely and legally you need to pay for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-just-a-question-where-arre-the-best-place-to-download-music.405738/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi differently to linked Why images images treated using are image maps? there Currently coming across an issue with Gmail where images I receive in various emails are treated differently depending on if an image has an href around it or if Why are linked images treated differently to images using image maps? image maps are used If an image Why are linked images treated differently to images using image maps? has an href wrapped around it the image appears normally on mouseover However when an image map is used for portions where a map doesn't cover a section of the image an option to download the image as an attachment appears on mouseover Is there any particular reason for this I assume it's something to do with when an image isn't linked Gmail allows a user to download the image otherwise it doesn't Or maybe it's how the cursor action is interpreted i e if the cursor is forced to using the link scenario then the scenario for it to be treated as an attachment doesn't occur so the attachment icon doesn't appear Note that this happens in all browsers to my knowledge If anyone has any thoughts please let me know Cheers Andrew

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f369/why-are-linked-images-treated-differently-to-images-using-image-maps-900106.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi all Long time away I seem to have a problem with the bar across the bottom of problem across of viewing bar windows btm windows I m never sure what its called Taskbar Toolbar etc etc But it is the space between the quick launch side and the right hand bottom toolbar quot Where the web pages and other open programs icons appear when open At the Moment I can only view them in a small box with just a letter in them IE for Bleeping computers web site it shows just a quot B quot for email it shows just a quot E quot quot and so on if yu follow my meaning The worst part is If I open problem viewing bar across btm of windows a series of browser windows they all stack on top of one another very hard to work out whats open and whats not anyway Guys I hope I have explained my prob properly as It has been driving me mad for agaes Thanks all Old Aussie nbsp ScreenHunter Jul gif nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads

A:problem viewing bar across btm of windows

Well it looks like people in here are as dumb as me ..No one Has even the slightest idea how to fix this problem ..

Have to look elsewhere ..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240033/problem-viewing-bar-across-btm-of-windows/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a client I do blogging for who sent me a .jpeg image file. I can't view it on Windows 7. I've tried several different image viewers and nothing works. They all say the file is corrupted.

However, my client is on a MAC and sees the image just fine. So now she must think I'm a knucklehead.

Please help or advise if you can?

Thanks!

Relevancy 40.85%

My folder for storing pictures is My pictures. However, whenever it opens up, I have to change it to viewing as thumbnails. How can I change it so that it will open as thumbnails by default please??? thanks!
I am using windows XP professional.

Relevancy 40.85%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 16 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1499 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7520G, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 453154 MB, Free - 413760 MB;
Motherboard: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., NP365E5C-S03US
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

While trying to "View Internet Explorer on the desktop" I keep getting a popup on the desktop stating
"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Is there a solution?

A:Windows 8 Viewing IE on the desktop

Have you reset your browser settings: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-viewing-ie-on-the-desktop.1088331/
Relevancy 40.85%

My current operating system is WIN XP i heard about Windows vista, which has advanced multimedia capabilities, i heard if you take a normal window instead of minimizing you can view it in 3 dimensional mode, is that true. And i want to know how many Cds for windows vista. I mean for installation.

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,
I have a laptop running Windows 8.1 and I want to share the media on my pc to my Samsung television.
I checked all the settings several times, but the laptop is not visible on my tv.
My second laptop, running Windows 7 is visible; I can share media to my tv without problems.
Has anyone got any experience with sharing media from a Windows 8.1 pc to a samsung tv?
Kind regards,
Velzeke

A:Viewing media from a Windows 8.1 pc on tv

Not to sure on this but the link may help. The comments section in the link gives more clues on how to set this up if you are having problems.

Connect dlna enabled Samsung Smart TV with Windows 8 or Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/39870-viewing-media-windows-8-1-pc-tv.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am familiar with this solution to view PDF thumbnails in Windows 7 64 bit but for some reason my new install of Windows 7 on a rip machine it will not work. After I used the installer it actually removed all the custom .iso files I set for icons on my desktop. No effect on the PDF thumbs. Any suggestions?? I really hoped it would work because I go through hundreds of PDFs for print everyday.

A:PDFs not viewing still in Windows 7 64 bit

did you have both the options check in the installer, for previews and the handler
if you still have issues with it
try this..
If you havent already, install adobe reader XI, go to edit / preferences then click the "set default handler"

then it should show thumbs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/284593-pdfs-not-viewing-still-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Using an image posting website and I've recently updated to windows 7. I used to be able to have my images come up as thumbnails without having to Right Click > View > Large Icons everytime. Also I used to have filmstrip option.

here's where prob is

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

every time i go to upload a picture it comes up as a list.

Now when I explore the folder via Desktop > b > Girls the images come up as thumbnails as i've set it for all folders already. How can I set it for when I'm in IE and uploading?

A:How can I set large images as defult setting when browsing for images?

sorry, stupid imageshack set to re-size

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/186252-how-can-i-set-large-images-defult-setting-when-browsing-images.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Actually I don t know where to address this topic but since the OS is Windows XP Professional I decided to post it here this laptop computer Toshiba Tecra A -EZ running windows xp professional version having Cymantec endpoint Protection was resently Windows place Reduced the The half to Size Work normal upgraded to sp a week ago was working well till yesterday when the screen begin disturbing the screen narrowed to half the original size I tried System Restoration The Windows Work place Reduced to half the normal Size but it can t work I tried checking the restore setting it wasn t active all the options on the restore windows were disabled under system property in the The Windows Work place Reduced to half the normal Size beginning it was telling me that the File C windows Services exe was missing I fail to find such a file in a normal XP Pro computer I think it could be an infection from malware I stoped the program so that it can t pop up again under startup program it didn t work out I tried last good known setting in vein I need help Victornous Moderator edit and note thread moved to The Windows Work place Reduced to half the normal Size more appropriate forum jgw

A:The Windows Work place Reduced to half the normal Size

Hi .If the file path/location was C:\Windows\services.exe...IMO, that reference would be to a malware item.The native location for services.exe is C:\Windows\System32.http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/services.exe.htmlI don't agree with the assertion that the system32 folder is the only valid location for this file...I find it at various other locations that I deem valid...but I could be wrong.But...I believe that it should NOT be in the C:\Windows folder as a naked item and I would treat that as a potential malware item to be examined more closely. The error message referring to this file...could be a startup item trying to find a malware item which has been previously removed by some malware-defense program you used...hard for me to tell.I can't comment on anything else in your post...it would just be idle guesswork. I would suggest that you visit BleepingComputer.com - Am I infected What do I do - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ , if you believe that your system is infected.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223187/the-windows-work-place-reduced-to-half-the-normal-size/
Relevancy 40.42%

Please help how do you fix this Ughh please can you help me Once again I have another annoying computer problem I really hate this computer sometimes I left go windows Please wrong when AAAHH, tiny, Help! the to place, now help, messed-up, Please reduced for awhile today the computer was on everything was fine when I got back it seem to have reset itself I don't know maybe there was a power outage or something whatever I have Vista by the way Windows Vista The point is now the windows when I reduce them to the little bar at the bottom of the screen you know the one I mean right Taskbar I think it's called Instead of going to the left-hand side of that bar like they used to they now go to the right side They are tiny and if I have more than two of them open at once I lose them UGHHHHH This computer Please help, windows when reduced now go to the wrong place, tiny, messed-up, AAAHH, Please Help! keeps taking the liberty Please help, windows when reduced now go to the wrong place, tiny, messed-up, AAAHH, Please Help! of breaking itself Does anyone know if there is any way to put them back where they were maybe something I could go to under Control Panel or something If someone could please just help me get this fixed I would appreciate it so much Thank you so much everyone

A:Please help, windows when reduced now go to the wrong place, tiny, messed-up, AAAHH, Please Help!

hello finalson

in the "taskbar" there are some little black dots. next to whatever you have minimized to the taskbar.

put your curser over the dots. hold down left click and drag it left or right.

hope this helps

ps minimize something so you can see dots.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269906/please-help-windows-when-reduced-now-go-to-the-wrong-place-tiny-messed-up-aaahh-please-help/
Relevancy 40.42%

I'll try and describe this as best I can - I often have a lot of MS Word windows open at the same time, and windows seems to vary between showing me them as small preview windows or a vertical list when hovering over them in the taskbar - I only want to show them as a list, but can't see how to do this?

Any replies most welcome as all these 'mini window' previews are annoying the hell out of me!

TIA

A:Viewing Open Windows From Taskbar?

Hello DekHog,

It depends on if you want all icons to never show thumbnails preview windows and only lists, or just have it set to show a list after so many windows are open instead.

If never, then you can use one of the options that you like best in the tutorial below to do this.

Taskbar Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable

If only after so many windows are open to have the list, then the tutorial below can help show you how to.

Taskbar List or Thumbnail Previews Mode - Change

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/144890-viewing-open-windows-taskbar.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have the windows xps2 system that was tampered with by a hacker in the midst of a new antiviral update process....

I am able to use my system, but somehow this person was able to screw up access to all of my system enhancement files.....degfrag...clean...etc.etc.
I now use the EZ sofware but what good is it if I am having problems accessing the internet???

I have IE 6( the Latest) but I have to continually restart my local connection just to be able to browse my web pages????
My internet is working great, but I am only allowed to view with the browser for short periods of time before the error page(page cannot be displayed) shows up and everything else(,msn messenger , and other internet applications) work just fine...

If this sounds like something someone can help me with ...???

Relevancy 40.42%

I have looked at many webpages and still unable to solve
this issue. Maybe someone here can help. My printer broke down but I kept the windows printer spool file (.spl) and need to view the data from it since this is all I have from the document. The spool (.spl) file has a EMF header and was created from pcl6.
I wish to view that file but all I get is garbled text if I open it with wordpad etc. Is there any program or way that I can view it because the data(only text not photos) is in that spool file(3 Megs in size) but the printer broke down and I have no way of viewing it.

I tried Ghost script and other PCL viewers with out much luck since my file is a .spl

Please help..

Thank you in advance,

Peter

A:Viewing a windows spool file (.spl)

this maybe a post that would get a good response if moved to the Hardware forum later on if need be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/viewing-a-windows-spool-file-spl.273113/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there,
I am actually encountering a problem while viewing any photo on my windows 7 PC. My PC is equipped with 64 bit Windows Ultimate OS. Whenever I open any picture through windows photo viewer, an error message is displayed that :

C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer\Photoviewer.dll is not a valid Win32 application.

I even downloaded a fresh dll and replaced it with the other one, but it displayed the same error as it was before. What possible reasons could be for this problem and how can it be configured ??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/photo-viewing-problems-in-windows-7.1169645/
Relevancy 40.42%

My windows live messenger IM feature is update and working fine. My web cam allows others to view me. However the other person that I want to view is having problems letting me view them. Every time they send an invite for me to view their web cam, a message appears under the invite immediately that they canceled the invite..they are saying that the install of their webcam is correct, however it ask them to update to the newest version of windows live messenger..when they did this..it still didn't work and they couldn't even view themselves from their cam. Could it be a firewall problem for them of just a step they are missing? My friend is very frustrated..what advise can I give them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-live-messenger-wont-allow-cam-viewing.121134/