Windows Support Forum

Why won't my notebook shutdown while being charged?

Q: Why won't my notebook shutdown while being charged?

I'm using Windows 7 and a ASUS X54C Notebook.

While my laptop is charged, no matter how I shutdown, whether it be on start command or closing the lid, the laptop refuses to shut all the way off, the power just stays on. I already set the options to shut it down whether the power is being charged or not when closing the lid.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Why won't my notebook shutdown while being charged?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Why won't my notebook shutdown while being charged?

Try doing a factory restore, after backing up your important files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-wont-my-notebook-shutdown-while-being-charged.182712/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello out there. Pls need help... Want to know why & what to do about my Hp notebook not powering on after my battery is fully charged? If I press the power button the power & drive lights will blink on & off a few seconds then just go off. I did a hard reset once it worked but after that it started again a day after the hard reset. Though, if I connect it to electrical outlet it shows that the battery is full(white light shows to buttress this). Pls, what is wrong with my pc notebook? Just bought it bout 5 month ago & still in tip-top condition. Thanks, Nogard from Nigeria west Africa

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/battery-fully-charged-but-pc-notebook-won-t-come-on-after/td-p/5717001
Relevancy 67.08%

Purchased the HP STREAM notebook at Walmart, charged the battery and turned it on and everything was fine. Then I go to turn it on today and it won't power on. Nothing lights up or makes sound. The charger port lights up showing fully charged and that's it, no screen or key lights. Tried holding the power button down, tried pushing escape, tried plugging and unplugging. The charger is the one that came with it and charges fine the laptop itself just wont power on. Anything I can do at home so I don't have to take it to get it fixed? Low on money.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-STREAM-notebook-fully-charged-but-won-t-power-on/td-p/5702403
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm experiencing same problem only that the network light keeps blinking

A:Re: HP STREAM notebook, fully charged but won't power on

Hey @Ikupeleye1,  I seen that you had posted on a previous thread and thought I would move your post to your own thread for more exposure. I wanted to make sure that I replied to you and offered my help! I understand that your Notebook is not coming on but you see that the Network light keeps blinking.  Could you please provide me with your Model Number (How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?) and Which Windows Operating Systems you are running. When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking that post as an Accepted Solution. Note: please make sure that the AC adapter cable is not plugged into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source. It should be directly into a wall outlet. Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Here is a document I found called Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Please follow each and every troubleshooting step in this document to help narrow down where the issue may be coming from.  Have you tried performing a hard reset?Can you boot into Safe Mode? Do you hear the fan running when you turn on the Notebook? If so, please take a look at the Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank document. If the notebook screen remains black or blank, and there are no error messages on the screen, then the troubleshooting provided should help determine if this blank screen is caused by a problem with the display.  The troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot document has more specific detailed steps to be able to perform the hard reset and see if you can get an external display to work. Could you please follow these steps again using this document.  If you look at the screen very closely, can you see anything faintly in the background?Did you happen to try removing dust from the cooling areas in a notebook?If you were to turn on the computer, and press the f8 key, does the BIOS menu display on the Notebook?  Although it is time consuming, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) enables you to test the main components on your Notebook. This should work even if the Notebook will not open to Windows. Please do the UEFI Extensive System Tests.  If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with detailed results of the troubleshooting and any other information you think may help me to assist you better. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.  Welcome to the HP Support Forums! Have a great day! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-HP-STREAM-notebook-fully-charged-but-won-t-power-on/td-p/5702679
Relevancy 64.93%

hello all it is in yet another time of need that i turn to you my notebook dell inspiron about year old started showing signs that its battery might be warn out - when it was not plugged in with its adapter within a few minutes it would without warning go into sleep mode and upon trying to turn on warn me that the battery was at a critical low now today it had been on for a while in a summer-hot room and it was only when i tried to put it to sleep to reduce the burden on it the battery light started flashing orange the warning that NOT charging says but charged orange, light battery meter flashing 99% bat notebook's your battery is in trouble times quick blue flash and nothing - not turning it off letting it cool would make it stop it does come back on but i don t foolishly think it s going to last the battery meter also says instead notebook's battery light flashing orange, bat meter says 99% charged but NOT charging of now and will not go up my father s notebook battery meter is always stuck on even if allowed to charge and it s been this way since turning it on for the first time so i m not sure what is causing that the only time the orange light did go out was when i notebook's battery light flashing orange, bat meter says 99% charged but NOT charging UNplugged the adapter but as soon as i plug it back in that happens again and if i leave it unplugged for too long the system will go to that critical low situation again and this time it won t be able to re-charge either based on your experience and expertise do you think the problem is most likely the battery and or the adapter cable or the a c connector port needs replacing or more serious sad sigh THANK YOU ALL FOR ALWAYS HELPING ME I D BE LOST WITHOUT YOU princi nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebooks-battery-light-flashing-orange-bat-meter-says-99-charged-but-not-charging.849600/
Relevancy 50.74%

My notebook shutsdown after startup, right before this happens, the fan will run at high speed and computer shuts off. I can re-start and it will run for a few minutes, then shut down again. Computer is usually ok after 2-3 re-starts, sometimes the black screen shows up, and I select start windows normally. How do I begin to troubleshoot?

A:notebook shutdown

If it is new, take it back.
It sounds as though the heatsink hasn't been attached to the processor properly and it is overheating, or thinks it is.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/notebook-shutdown.382042/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, hope this is posted on the right forum. Last night i was watching something on VLC player when my notebook just randomly switched off. it didn't shutdown, there was no warning just switched completely off. I'd been using it for around 2 & a half hours, the notebook didn't feel hot and the fans were not loud. the fans run fine and with little noise most of the time. I've checked the battery on HP SupportAs and it says its fine. Any ideas? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Notebook-Randomly-Shutdown/td-p/5849569
Relevancy 50.31%

My wife's daughter has an HP Pavilion dm4-2070 notebook with Windows 7 Professional. It had been working properly, but for the past week it will not shut down when you select Shut down from the Start menu; instead it restarts. It also won't hibernate properly; after about 10 seconds it resumes. It does seem to sleep properly, for example, when you close the cover. And it will shut down if you press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.

I see a lot of posts on other forums with similar problems, but few solutions that seem to work. I have tried many of the suggestions (checking the shutdown and power settings, ensuring the network adapters can't wake up the computer, running SFC, updating the BIOS to the latest version), all to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

A:HP notebook restart instead of shutdown

Just a thought..... What happens if you go to the Orb and in the Search Programs and files you type in C:\WINDOWS\system32\shutdown.exe -s -t 01

Does it shut down or does it restart?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472778/hp-notebook-restart-instead-of-shutdown/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I'm just reinstalled my Acer 4736G with Win7. The previous one is Win XP.

After I installed Win7 Ultimate, there's something that don't go right,
1. When I close the lid of my notebook, it's shutdown not go to sleep mode even the setting in power management is Sleep. What should I do ?

2. The button in the right, such as : Vol +, Vol -, Bluetooth, Wireless. Why it can't display the logo in the desktop. In Win XP it will show when I press each of it. Ex. When I press Bluetooth button, it will appeared "B" (bluetooth logo).

I'm already installed the drivers for, Sound Card, Chipset, Card Reader, Bluetooth, Camera from the sites.

Can anyone help me

Thanks.

A:Shutdown when I close the lid in my Notebook

Hi Gyverd

The on screen pictures for volume/Bluetooth/Wireless etc on acer notebooks are controlled by a program called "Launch Manager" download and install this and see if that brings your icons back. Acer Support: Welcome to Acer Support

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/159653-shutdown-when-i-close-lid-my-notebook.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi again!
I own a 2 month old Acer Aspire E1-572G and haven't had any problems with it until now: I have experieced a BSOD on a Windows shutdown and on the following one. Now it works again...

I have no idea what happened and I'd be really greatful for some help!

The specs:
CPU: Intel i7-4500U
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8750 2GB (not sure about the Catalyst version since I have now updated it)
RAM: 8 GB
Anitivirus: Avast
Thanks in advance!
Nuc1eoN

A:Notebook crashes with BSOD during shutdown

Welcome to the forum Nuc1eoN,

The msinfo file is corrupted.

MSINFO32:Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, 4050008, fffffa8009910b10}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ec4100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ec41c0
Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!nullDeleteFilter+15 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 000000000000109b, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000004050008, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8009910b10, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------

POOL_ADDRESS: fffffa8009910b10 Nonpaged pool

FREED_POOL_TAG: NDrw

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_NDrw

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002dbfbe9 to fffff80002c8cbc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03316468 fffff800`02dbfbe9 : 00000000`000000c2 00000000`00000007 00000000`0000109b 00000000`04050008 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03316470 fffff880`016ffae5 : fffffa80`07b96da0 fffffa80`0728db30 fffffa80`0927e050 fffffa80`07b96da0 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x1201
fffff880`03316520 fffff880`017005ce : fffffa80`0927e1a0 fffffa80`07b96c40 fffff880`01720110 fffff800`02c8be53 : ndis!nullDeleteFilter+0x15
fffff880`03316550 fffff880`01749fd4 : 00000000`00000001 fffff880`01720110 00000000`00000000 00000000`000007ff : ndis!ndisDeleteMiniportOnLastDeref+0xde
fffff880`03316590 fffff880`01779b76 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : ndis! ?? ::DKGKHJNI::`string'+0x1507
fffff880`033165d0 fffff800`02ef8571... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349706-notebook-crashes-bsod-during-shutdown.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am still having a shutdown issue with Windows and my HP Notebook Is there no formal fix forthcoming from HP or Windows for this Most of the troubleshooting threads about this are from late fall early and I am wondering if people are still having this issue I have tried all the non-invasive suggestions turning off Fast Start Up etc but they have not helped My shutdown problem started within the past few months even though I upgraded to Windows last fall I am wondering who I need to contact for help -- HP or Microsoft nbsp Basically the computer won't shut down It goes into sleep or hibernation mode or some such and never actually 10 Issue 15 Notebook Windows HP Shutdown turns off I have to force shut down by holding the power button to get it to turn off This only happens when the computer has Windows 10 Shutdown Issue HP 15 Notebook been on and running for a while or Windows 10 Shutdown Issue HP 15 Notebook if it isn't restarted for any reason Basically I turn it on use it for a few hours and when I go to shut down it doesn't nbsp Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Shutdown-Issue-HP-15-Notebook/td-p/5657502
Relevancy 49.88%

I've been working on fixing this notebook for 2 weeks now.  Finally i just went and got a new hard drive, and after installing a downloaded iso windows7, it installed fine and worked great.....until I tried to shut it down.  Then it froze where it says: "Shutting down".  Thinking it was a first-time fluke, I powered off, then restarted it.  It worked fine again until getting to the same point in "Shutting down" where it froze as before.

Any suggestions?

A:fujitsu notebook freezes on shutdown

Hi

Many shutdown hangs can be attributed to a driver issue. Since you have performed a fresh installation of Windows from a downloaded ISO, have you installed device drivers for your system?

Before going on the web, make sure you have an Anti-Virus solution installed and configured.

Visit: http://www.fujitsu.com/global/  Choose support > support and downloads > select your country/region > notebook. Enter your serial, configuration, or model number to find drivers for your system.

Of course, visit the Windows Update Site and obtain the necessary updates for your Windows installation.

Best of luck and Please keep BC posted!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559980/fujitsu-notebook-freezes-on-shutdown/
Relevancy 49.88%

BSOD on shutdown every time. HPdm4-1160us notebook, new in Dec 2010, OEM Windows 7 64bit, 4GB OEM Ram.

Here are the files for analysis. Thanks in advance.

Blacksheep

A:HP Notebook BSOD - Everytime on Shutdown.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blacksheep3742

BSOD on shutdown every time. HPdm4-1160us notebook, new in Dec 2010, OEM Windows 7 64bit, 4GB OEM Ram.

Here are the files for analysis. Thanks in advance.

Blacksheep

BS Ho and welcome
A comman occurance in HP's these were all caused by your hpdskflt.sys file or hpdskflt.sys is a driver for the onboard mobile data protection sensor. In other words the accelerometer.

You can re-install and wait for it to happen or disable the accelerometer if not used. I am unsure of the warranty ramifications.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\020611-33165-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c53000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e90e50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 6 10:49:44.107 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:42:00.683
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8004188b60, fffff8000420f510}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\hpdskflt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for hpdskflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hpdskflt.sys
Probably caused by : hpdskflt.sys ( hpdskflt+2b9b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 0000000000000258, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa8004188b60, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff8000420f510

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 4

FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8004188b60

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002cca992 to fffff80002cc95da

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`033af1d0 fffff800`02cca992 : fffffa80`04188b60 fffffa80`04188b60 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`033af310 fffff800`02ccccff : fffffa80`07b21b10 fffffa80`096d5a70 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000c : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`033af3a0 fffff880`017edb9b : 00000000`033af500 fffffa80`00000000 fffff880`033af400 00000000`00000700 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`033af440 00000000`033af500 : fffffa80`0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147105-hp-notebook-bsod-everytime-shutdown.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Well guys I have a Sony Vaio VGN-CR D and recently I've shutdown Notebook Sony Vaio reinstalled Microsoft Windows Vista I have already Sony Vaio Notebook shutdown updated everything I could trying to fix my problem which is the computer shutting down automatically without Sony Vaio Notebook shutdown any notice whatsoever Simply shuts and when I power on again it starts as if nothing abnormal had happened Weird no warnings upon logon or after At first I thought It was a problem with ISBMgr exe which I disabled from windows startup Didn't fix but if I enable it again a box pops up saying that my battery is not propperly conected or malfuncioning which is absurd since it's a new and original battery Anyway I still haven't found a way to update ISBMgr exe IF the problem is that I also have run combofix but can't say by the report if theres any registry errors So can anyone land a helping hand to this matter I appreciate Best regards Wilhelm PS - If there's any need for the combofix report I could paste for your review thanks

A:Sony Vaio Notebook shutdown

Usually when a computer shuts down to a blank screen with no warning or error messages, overheating is the cause
Buy a can of compressed air
Direct the nozzle into the vent holes on the side/back and on the bottom of the laptop
See if that helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/291852/sony-vaio-notebook-shutdown/
Relevancy 49.88%

i have a toshiba a100 notebook, 2 GB ram, 1.6 GHZ, Windows Vista

and whenever i try to make the laptop go to sleep, like pressing the power button or closing the lid, it freezes.

i don't know what is wrong.

i searched for viruses, did registry check and disc checked and everything says that it is ok, but it still freezes.

can someone help me with this?

Relevancy 49.02%

G'day I'm setting up a brand new ASUS A C Notebook for a friend and am having some trouble each time I choose to Shutdown the notebook either when logged in using Start gt Shutdown or from the login screen the notebook does the following - logs off user as normal - shuts down notebook as normal - after about secs automatically reboots the notebook to the login screen The system specifications are as follows - Windows SP Home Premium x OEM - Intel Pentium CPU B GHz - GB RAM - Single GB HDD x GB recovery partition x GB OS partition x GB empty data partition Thinking we may have a bum OEM installation causing the problematic shut down I did a sfc scannow which returned corruptions that cannot be fixed I burn't the recovery disks then did a fresh install from those recovery disks but I still have sfc scannow reporting integrity violations that cannot be fixed I have run sfc x with a reboot between each Can someone suggest anything I can try to fix this The goal is simply to have the notebook shutdown as normal when selecting Start gt Shutdown Other than this there is absolutely no problem with the hardware or behaviour of reboots > Notebook when Start choosing Shutdown the OS Perhaps I am better off installing a crap-free Home Premium from an ISO and then activating with COA sticker on bottom of laptop Regards Golden

A:Notebook reboots when choosing Start > Shutdown

Hey Golden
One of the more common reasons for this behavior is a device driver causing the system to crash on shutdown.

Is the "Automatically Restart on system failure" option still checked in the system properties > Advanced?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/236378-notebook-reboots-when-choosing-start-shutdown.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP Pavilion Notebook PC Product Number F C PA ABG and since I have upgraded to Windows current version last year I have had nothing but trouble with it nbsp First when I use the shutdown option in the power menu the notebook will not turn off the screen goes black but the fans continue to run and the Wireless Antenna light goes orange but does 15 battery fails HP to drains Notebook wh... Pavilion shutdown, not turn off The power button in the top left also stays lit The only HP Pavilion 15 Notebook fails to shutdown, drains battery wh... way to turn the device off properly is to hold the power button down for seconds nbsp But even when I turn the power off by holding down the power button I have recently discovered that the notebook is still draining power If it is turned off and the AC power removed the battery is completely drained when I next come to try and turn it on This is despite the fans not running while the power is turned off in this fashion nbsp Also recently when booted up the notebook takes an excessively long time After approximately - minutes from power off the notebook will display the coastal scene I press the up key or click my mouse to bring up the login box but the login box takes another - minutes to appear After inputting my password it takes approximately another - minutes to finish booting the desktop nbsp I note that in an attempt to follow other tech support advice to allow the notebook to shutdown properly to solve problem above I have previously turned off the fast boot option nbsp However it is only much more recently nbsp nbsp I suspect that many of these problems are related but the notebook is rapidly becoming unusable and its a real frustration Can someone please advise how I can fix these issues short of throwing this in the trash and buying from a different manufacturer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-fails-to-shutdown-drains-battery/td-p/5808627
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all I had a major issue with my HP Probook s and am hoping I can find a solution through this forum I was working on my laptop and it started making strange sounds This wasn't the regular sound of the fan but almost as if there was a short circuit I shut down the laptop for a bit and turned it on again This time the system would just not boot I keep getting the error No bootable image found notebook will be shutdown I tried going into the start up menu to find a solution but don't really know what to do Also there is no option anywhere to enter bootable will found, error "No notebook image be shutdown" the "No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown" error system in safe mode I tried pressing f repeatedly but that didn't help Moreover I tried to perform a hard disk check from the system configuration options and am getting a message saying not installed I had inserted a cd a couple of hours before which I had to copy items from I double checked later to see if the cd was infected and it wasn't I used avg to scan it on another computer Clearly this seems "No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown" error to be a hard drive issue Anyone had a similar issue and know how to troubleshoot Will I have to reformat my computer and lose all data Help

A:"No bootable image found, notebook will be shutdown" error

Hi Try this :  Go to BIOS Setup F10, select System Configuration, deactivate "Secure Boot", then select "Legacy" as "Boot option". Save and exit check if this works.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/quot-No-bootable-image-found-notebook-will-be-shutdown-quot/td-p/4606172
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone I have a huge problem with my Pavilion I was using Windows a Pavilion prob... HP 15-n079er Notebook shutdown sleeping PC and while back and I decided to upgrade to Windows I didn't like something can't remember what and decided to go back to Windows Almost a HP Pavilion Notebook PC 15-n079er sleeping and shutdown prob... year past I'm again on Windows But if I sleep my computer Screen goes black everything looks normal No matter how long I wait fan keeps spinning and power LED Wi-Fi LED are on Keyboard input doesn't help Doesn't respond to anything Only thing left to do - hard shutdown And if I shutdown in the OS Windows shuts down normally all apps close screen goes black Fan on LEDs on I didn't notice these problems with restarting and hibernation nbsp Two things I've done in that year gap Replaced screen Old one got broken Thanks to my cat Formated the disk I don't think it would make anything diffirent So any help would be appreaciated nbsp Thanks in advance Kebab Solved View Solution

A:HP Pavilion Notebook PC 15-n079er sleeping and shutdown prob...

Hi, On some machines, the 11 series IMEI driver has been known to cause this sort of shutdown issue, so it may well be worth trying an earlier version. You can use the following method to install an earlier version of the IMEI driver. Download the IMEI driver on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66228.exe Turn off your wireless card ( should be f12 ). Open your Downloads folder and run the installer - it will warn you that this is an earlier version, but just continue. When complete, restart the notebook. If the machine now shuts down correctly, turn your wireless card back on and use the utility on the following link to prevent Windows 10 from automatically updating the IMEI driver again. https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3073930 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-PC-15-n079er-sleeping-and-shutdown/td-p/5588767
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there I am having problems with my HP Pavilion dv us Notebook PC which is driving me crazy The laptop is approximately one year old and has no modifications to the original setup The problem is that I am getting a blue screen forced shutdown that seems to happen very unpredictably It seems to with BSOD 64 Pavilion Vista Unpredictable PC Notebook shutdown HP on dv9830us forced be happening on average once a day and I don't know where to start to trouble shoot the problem I have verified that Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC all of the drivers and supporting software which includes the BIOS are all the latest versions All the Windows Updates are also fully up to date I have not been able to capture the messages that are generated too clearly from the BSOD other than quot MEMORY CONFLICTS quot and IRQN or something like that I did Google Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC the problem but couldn't really find any good threads on this There is a dialog that appears after Vista restarts that says Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC Microsoft will let me know when a solution to this problem is available Any help would be very much appreciated Mark

A:Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC

hi and welcome to TSF do this http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...startvista.htm you will then be able to see the error message and code or do this http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ent_viewer.htm and find some more info which you can copy and paste to notepad or word put it in a folder zip it and attach to your next post using the tools on your posting page someone can then look at it and try to help. one other thing you can try is running memtest86+ http://www.memtest.org/ dl and burn to disc use imgburn to do this put it in your drive restart your comp and run it for as long as possible but a minimum of 4hours and post the results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unpredictable-bsod-forced-shutdown-with-vista-64-on-hp-pavilion-dv9830us-notebook-pc-377448.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Having shutdown problem with Lenovo T420 Notebook. Lenovo T420 default come with OEM Windows 7 Pro and we upgrade it to windows 7 Ent After upgrade, join domain, install bitlocker and perform windows update. Normally user sometime won't shutdown their
notebook on 2-3days because they using it on production environment. when try to shutdown windows 7 after 2-3days, it can shutdown windows 7 and LCD screen blank but the notebook power indicator light still on. I need to press the power button for few second
to power off the notebook. Any solution to solve? Called to Lenovo they request me to just get the patch from Microsoft, Lenovo support did not give me what is the patch i need to install. Any one having this experience? Already do the fresh installation of
the windows but the problem still remain on many unit of our T420 Notebook

A:Windows 7 Enterprise on Lenovo T420 Shutdown Issue (can suhutdown system but can not power off notebook)

Have you tried to update the BIOS yet?  If not, that would be a good place to start.  You can also try pulling the battery out while having the laptop plugged in and see if you get the same results.  If so please let us know.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fc5cd35a-f6c3-4820-afd4-5bf5b560dcd0/windows-7-enterprise-on-lenovo-t420-shutdown-issue-can-suhutdown-system-but-can-not-power-off?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 43%

my laptop is not getting on and not even charged. i even tried a hard reset by removing the battery but still not working. Can someone help me with this problem thanks...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MY-LATOP-NOT-GETTING-CHARGED-AND-NOT-GETTING-ON-ALSO/td-p/5676803
Relevancy 43%

I WAS USING MY LAPTOP FOR DRAWING AND SUDDENLY IT TURNED OFF.I TRIED TO TURN MY LAPTOP ON BUT WAS UNLUCKY. MY CHARGING LIGHT IS ALSO NOT DISPLAYING...PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS....MY LAPTOP IS ONLY 1 YEARS HARDLY...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/MY-LATOP-NOT-GETTING-CHARGED-AND-NOT-GETTING-ON-ALSO/td-p/5673186
Relevancy 43%
Relevancy 43%

hi
I have compaq presario v2000. it does not charge the battery. it works fine with ac adaptor but shuts down immeditely if pulls the ac adaptor out. the power socket looks fine. I wanna know what can be replaced to fix the issue. one is MAX1999. but I wanna know the capicitors and the diodes numbers as well that have to be replaced too. in other words, list of the items require to fix the issue. I will be greatfull to anyone who can solve the issue.
regards
goga

A:battery is not being charged

Welcome!
How do you know it's the charging aspect of the computer and not the fact that the battery itself is bad and won't accept a charge?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-is-not-being-charged.763014/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

I'm from France.

The block charges the PC for one hour and after that its stops charging i have to wait for few hours to be able to use it again

It's impossible to join Toshiba support. The online Tools don't work.

How could i contact french support because my PC is covered by warranty

Thanks

A:My Qosmio cannot be charged properly

It is not easy to say what is wrong there and if the notebook is still under warranty best option for you is to contact nearest Toshiba service provider and ask for help.
Please visit http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/generic/ASP_SUPPORT/

There you can find addresses and phone numbers of all Toshiba ASP in your country.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82378-My-Qosmio-cannot-be-charged-properly
Relevancy 42.57%

i ordered lumia 650 online before 4 months. within 4 months my phone is being headache for me. within 2 months its battery started draining within 3 hrs only. it started heating up as if its battery will burst shortly. yesterday all of a sudden it stopped getting charged. now its no more! what should i do now?

A:Just 4 months old MS lumia 650 is not getting charged at all.

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question i ordered lumia 650 online before 4 months. within 4 months my phone is being headache for me. within 2 months its battery started draining within 3 hrs only. it started heating up as if its battery will burst shortly. yesterday all of a sudden it stopped getting charged. now its no more! what should i do now? send it back for repairs or replacement - that would be the best solution for the time being
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/429098-just-4-months-old-ms-lumia-650-not-getting-charged-all.html
Relevancy 42.57%

The U.S. Attorney's office has charged an IT security expert with unauthorized computer access after he report a vulnerability on the University of Southern California's website. No data was modified or deleted. He also notified USC through SecurityFocus, giving them time to fix the problem, before going public. More info and commentary at NIST.org(Please return here to comment)Quite frankly I think the USC did the correct thing by notifying the FBI.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51487/whitehat-charged-with-crime/
Relevancy 42.57%

please help got the acer chromebook cb5 571 purchase dec 2015 batter shows fully charged as soon as i plug out the a/c power turns off and will not turm on until i plug power back in. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Re-CB5-571-won-t-start-and-still-in-warranty/td-p/440493/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an Acer Aspire V 15.  It seems that the lithium Ion battery should be charged to 40 - 70% battery power, but I do not know how to judge that?  How do I know when my battery is charged sufficiently to remove it from the laptop?  My battery indicator light shows blue (fully charged when the power cord is connected, but it goes out if I remove the cord.    

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-find-out-when-my-battery-has-charged-to-40-70-on-my/td-p/442167/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

guys there is something wrong with my laptop i have :
elitebook 6930p with windows 10

the problem is my laptop only works when being charged i am using this laptop from 2 years but nothing has happened 

there is a grey cross on my battery bar too and when i click it it says 'no battery present' battery 1 : not available for use the other one says the same thing

i tried everything but nothing worked

i was using it yesterday it had full battery but suddenly it turned off and now it  only works when being charged also i was on chrome i typed youtube.com and the laptop turned off and it started doing the thing

also there is an  win32 opencandy d detected by avast and alot of more viruses can you pls tell me what is causing this youtube or viruses

and when it happened my laptop lags preety badly pls help ..... Thank you

A:my laptop only works when being charged

guys pls reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/618652/my-laptop-only-works-when-being-charged/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I'm running Windows on an HP Pavilion dv laptop Although being not charged battery Computer it's a laptop I Computer battery not being charged actually use it as if it were a desktop computer and I always run it off the mains rather than via the battery Most of the time it automatically maintains the battery charge at during sessions However in the past there have been two or three periods where it has allowed the battery charge to reduce to Computer battery not being charged quite a low percentage before charging it back up to again I assume the power management system does this periodically because it helps to prolong the battery life At the moment it is going through one of these periods However the charge percentage is now right down at lower than it has ever reached before I'm beginning to wonder whether the battery is at the end of its life and no longer rechargeable As I intend to continue always running off the mains this is not concerning me unduly But I'm wondering whether it's advisable to continue using the computer with a completely dead battery if this eventually happens Would it be better to remove the battery Can you please advise me on this

A:Computer battery not being charged

I think your battery life has ended. As it can damage the charger or even the internal power supply, I recommend that you remove it from the Laptop and buy a new one.
On Lithium or NI-ME batteries, the life is related to number of charges (~600).
So, if you power the laptop once a day, even if the battery is charged just a little, it will count as a charge and the battery will die after two years
A friend has found that if he use his laptop at the office without the battery and attach the battery only when he has no power supply, the battery will last forever.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402611-computer-battery-not-being-charged.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have an Acer Aspire V 15.  It seems that the lithium Ion battery should be charged to 40 - 70% battery power, but I do not know how to judge that?  How do I know when my battery is charged sufficiently to remove it from the laptop?  My battery indicator light shows blue (fully charged when the power cord is connected, but it goes out if I remove the cord.    

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:How do I find out when my battery has charged to 4...

This is another way to check the battery level. Why people suggest to charge the battery to around 70% is simple. The 100% charge level is a "stress" for the battery to keep such a level of charge. A lower charge level is not so stressful for the battery. But as I told you you don't have any way to clearly specify on the notebook to what level to charge your battery, at least not on acer notebooks. Some sony notebooks had this option implemented in their hardware.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-find-out-when-my-battery-has-charged-to-40-70-on-my/td-p/442167
Relevancy 42.57%

please help got the acer chromebook cb5 571 purchase dec 2015 batter shows fully charged as soon as i plug out the a/c power turns off and will not turm on until i plug power back in. 

A:Battery charged but CB5-571 won't start and still ...

Sounds like the battery has either gone bad or is disconnected internally. Oh well, that is what warrabties are for. Contact Acer support and they'll get you fixed.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Battery-charged-but-CB5-571-won-t-start-and-still-in-warranty/td-p/440493
Relevancy 42.57%

Does my phone get charged through a (non powered) USB hub?
Or do I need to stick into my PC/laptop directly?

If I stick into a hub, is the power received not worth it and I should plug directly?

Just a thought that just came across my mind

Thanks
OM

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi All, Not sure if this a hardware issue as I just bought HP split x2 but after the battery 1 gets charged fully (100%), battery 2 says 0% available (plugged in, not charging). Is this battery issue or am I missing something? Thanks.

A:Battery 2 not getting charged in HP Split x2

I'm getting the exact same issue on my Split x2. Per another thread, I undocked the tablet and let the base charge for a couple hours, and then redocked, but Battery #2 still says 0% available (plugged in, not charging). Also, when docked, it says 51% charged because it is averaging the charge for both batteries. Very annoying.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-2-not-getting-charged-in-HP-Split-x2/td-p/3225431
Relevancy 42.57%

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Battery-charged-but-CB5-571-won-t-start-and-still-in-warranty/td-p/440493/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.57%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron 1150, with Windows XP, and it won't run on the battery. It runs fine when it's plugged in but when the plug is removed, it just dies instantly, like there is no battery. I've checked the power settings in control panel, and I've checked in BIOS and it says the battery is charged to 97% and the AC adapter was reading 65W, which the Dell troubleshooting guide said means that the AC adapter is working fine. I also removed the battery to check for debris or bent pins or something, and I started the computer without the battery and it runs fine. But it just won't seem to use the battery. Any ideas?

Relevancy 42.57%

This was hapeening with original battery. Than few years a go bateery died, so i was using my laptop with dead battery. Now, I have new battery again, and Laptop dont want to charge it on Sundays! Simply, last evening i was doing something, and after midnight, baterry level started to drop. It will go down to 15%, and it will keep it that way all day, altough charger is pluged all day. Tommorow morning (or tonight after midnight) it will start to charge batery. Its not connected to OS, because before I had Win7, and its a Win10. Can someone help with this ? Sometimes I would like to use my laptop on battery on Sunday, but its a mission impossible.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-not-charged-on-Sundays/td-p/5807430
Relevancy 42.57%

if it is plugged out,my wireless network is out of working,15-ac123TX model please do help

A:my wifi not connecting unless it is charged

@sah123? If the signal is dropping when the notebook is running on battery, the "performance" setting can be adjusted to provide a stronger signal. Windows key + X > O (Opens the Power Options) >Select (your) Power plan and > Click Change Plan Settings >Change advanced power Settings >Scroll down and Open Wireless Adapter Settings >Click Power Saving Mode >>Adjust Power settings for On battery and for Plugged in Options  (maximum performance) Reference:Settings to Improve Wireless Connectivity Section:Notebook wireless balks or won?t run when running on battery When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-wifi-not-connecting-unless-it-is-charged/td-p/5620514
Relevancy 42.14%

I have an Acer Aspire V - G laptop with Windows installed there's only an opton for Aspire Desktops so I had to choose this but please not that I'm using a laptop nbsp Originally my computer's battery icon when fully charged wouldn't only say it's fully charged like now nbsp I don't remember what it was exacty but it used to say something more too nbsp I'm not sure if Says Charged(100%)" Only Battery when Icon ... "Fully it happened because I always keep my laptop plugged in but it shouldn't be this because my dad also told me that it's supposed to switch to using electrical power to run rather than the power stored in the battery once it's fully charged and that whether you always keep it plugged in or not doesn't matter is this true nbsp Mine Battery Icon Only Says "Fully Charged(100%)" when ... doesn't seem to do that anymore and it sometimes also shows that it's in Plugged in not charging mode and then the charge continues to decrease nbsp nbsp I also tried removing the battery and booting it for a while without the battery with just the electrical power and then uninstalling the Battery Driver Softwarea and putting the battery back in and rebooting so it'd install the software on its own and then I didn't reboot it again but I did drain and recharge the batter three times while letting cool down between charges nbsp But that doesn't seem to have worked nbsp nbsp If I posted this in the wrong section of the forums it'd be appreciated if someone were to move it to the correct section nbsp nbsp Any help anyone can give me on this would also be much appreciated nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Battery Icon Only Says "Fully Charged(100%)" when ...

Shut down, remove the power and battery, hold down the power button for 60 seconds, let it sit for 5 minutes,plug in and try it.Open device manager/ Batteries and uninstall the Microsoft ACPI-compliant control battery method and reboot.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Battery-Icon-Only-Says-quot-Fully-Charged-100-quot-when-fully/td-p/428760/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 42.14%

Aged HP G62 laptop is reporting 265% charge on a new battery - has anyone run into this before?

The machine was failing to boot on battery, so I suspected the battery was bad and replaced it. It boots up fine on power but temperamentally (sometimes hangs at logo screen) or not at all, from the new battery.

A:Laptop reports battery as 265% charged.

Hi,

go to device manager and uninstall ACPI-compliant method battery and restart see if it changes anything.

EDIT: the battery might need to be calibrated

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/351443-laptop-reports-battery-265-charged.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My hp split x won't turn on at all When I plug it into the charger the light comes on and HP at power charged. all. X2 split won't on- Fully it is white but when I press the power button it won't turn on When I hold the power button for a few seconds the windows logo on the screen will turn on and as soon as I let go of the power button the light goes back out Also when I unplug the charger and press and hold the power button the charger light blinks white three times and then the windows logo on the screen lights up I read in anot her post to try power and the hitting the escape button really fast then repeat with F and F I had no response from either This computer has been nothing but trouble for me I had to send it out once for reapir for HP split X2 won't power on- at all. Fully charged. a similar issue when it was under warranty it no longer is The entire time I've had it it frequently acts laggy and is difficult to use if not impossible Then it will snap out of it and be perfect Is there anything I can do Thanks in advance to whoever is able to help me I don't think I'll ever buy another HP product I'm convinced that this is a parts issue and should have been replaced for free when I started having all these issues

A:HP split X2 won't power on- at all. Fully charged.

Mine's doing the same thing after upgrading to Widows 10. I disabled the sleep function in the settings, and that still didn't work. To wake it up, separate the tablet from the keyboard, then hold down the power button until the Windows logo light comes on. Take your finger off the power button for a second, and then hold down the power button until it powers up. You might have to do this 2 or 3 times. Thanks HP. Nice equipment you got here. Garrett

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-split-X2-won-t-power-on-at-all-Fully-charged/td-p/5331622
Relevancy 42.14%

Battry shows Plugged in not charging. Did battry test showed error as Replace. Battery sparepart shpwn as 74015-001 But not able to finf in list of batteries being sold. Wht is the miodel number of battery pls.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pluged-in-Not-Charging-Battery-not-getting-charged/td-p/5674265
Relevancy 42.14%

My Battery is not charging for last few days. My laptop is showing as plugged-in, not charging. It is showing as not charged and not working until you plugin the charger. My laptop model is HP envy- 15t touch. Its less than 3 months old. Please help me as soon as possible. Thanks.Pratik

A:Plugged in, not charging--Battery 0% charged

Dear Customer, Welcome and Thank You for posting your query on HP Support Forum It looks like your Notebook is not charging the Battery, We will surely assist you with this issue Please perform below shown steps to resolve the issue:Step 01. Click on the Start ButtonStep 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device ManagerStep 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the leftStep 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstallStep 05. Please Shutdown the NotebookStep 06. Please remove the Battery and unplug the Power AdapterStep 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 MinuteStep 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power AdapterStep 09. Look for "Plugged In Charging" message on the Battery icon After performing all the steps if you are facing the same issue still, please perform three more steps: 1. Run a Battery Check in HP Support Assistant[Install the Software if it's not available]Note: Replace the Battery If Health Check Status shows Replace 2. Update the latest BIOS for your Notebook from HP Support Site 3. Please check your Notebook with a known good Power Adapter & Battery from a different Notebook Note: If a known good battery is also not charging we need to replace the system board How to improve the life of a Battery:1. It is not advisable to use the Notebook when the Power Adapter is connected2. It is not advisable to keep the Power Adapter plugged in even after the Battery is fully charged3. You need to let the battery drain completely before charging again4. Power Plan should be set correctly for extended battery life5. Please keep the Screen Brightness at lower level6. Please turn OFF Wi-Fi Connection when not in use7. Please remove the CD/DVD's from the Optical Drive when not in use Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 8)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03325217 Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 7)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00821536 Calibrating the Notebook Battery (Windows Vista)http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00817650  Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again **Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,K N R KI work on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Plugged-in-not-charging-Battery-0-charged/td-p/4592968
Relevancy 42.14%

Laptop shuts down when 100% fully charged
My IBM Lenovo R60e power shutsdown when fully recharged. I have to unplug the power cord to reboot the laptop. If I leave the power cord plugged in it won't restart. Once the battery is not fully charged it will allow me to plug the cord back in.

Can someone help as this is getting very annoying.
Please help

Relevancy 42.14%

My HP laptop hasn't turned on in two days. It restarted but turned off afterwards, I believed it was out of battery, so I plugged it in. It finished charging and I tried to turn it on, but it wouldn't. I left it alone overnight and attempted to turn it on the next day, only to find out that it still wouldn't turn on, but it was out of battery. Please answer soon, as I have all of my work on it and very important pictures.

A:HP laptop isn't turning on, but is fully charged

Welcome to HP Forums @WaterNymph95,

Thanks for the post, I see that your computer is not booting. Kudos to you for connecting the charger and observing it overnight. I would like to assist you from here. However, for accurate assistance, I would like to know the product number of the computer and its operating system.

If you recall any updates being installed before this issue occurred, try performing a BIOS recovery, refer http://hp.care/2bXONjA

I would like to know if there are any lights blinking on the keyboard when you try to turn the computer ON. 

Also, do you get any HP logo or any error messages on the screen? 

Please refer to this article for No Boot troubleshooting http://hp.care/2eKbCpt

Let me know if this helped or reply for further assistance. 

Please click ?Accepted Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ?Thumbs Up? Icon below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-laptop-isn-t-turning-on-but-is-fully-charged/td-p/5851240
Relevancy 42.14%

I dont know what happened, but today when I turned on my laptop it consistently shows that my battery is 0%

Obviously this isn't true as im using it right now to post, my laptop also shows that its fully charged (The LED light is lighted indicating that it is 100% charged)

What can I do here? I'm quite sure its not a problem of a virus because i've scanned my computer and all. I am using a Toshiba laptop, using the Toshiba powerplan. And if needing more info, I shall provide but I don't think thats necesary for this problem.

Not sure if this will make a huge impact, however.
On my laptop there is this wheel that you can turn to increase and decrease the volume. Yeah, this isn't functioning anymore (found both these problems when I turned on my laptop today)

EDIT: Reformatted the Laptop yet both the problems still persist, please help

Relevancy 42.14%

...without turning it on? This is pitifully basic question, kind techies. I just got a new laptop. The start-up instructions are not explicit about whether you should fully charge the battery before switching on. They say connect to mains before turning on AND charge the battery up. I'm presuming you should do that in reverse order, (like a mobile phone...)
So it's plugged in and the battery chraging light is red. Will it go green? How long should I wait to find out?
Feeling more stupid by the minute, as well as impatient. Be nice!
Thanks

Relevancy 42.14%

This problem started weeks ago When battery charge reaches the AC LED indicator is turned off and the laptop runs from battery decreasing it's performance even selecting High Performance power plan If off AC Fully Battery turns Charged the AC plug is Battery Fully Charged turns off AC disconnected and reconnected the AC LED indicator is turned on until battery is fully charged Battery Fully Charged turns off AC again as soon as the battery is fully charged windows battery notification icon changes from quot available plugged in charging quot to quot Fully Charged quot and then the AC is turned off and the laptop starts to run from battery again I didn't update any laptop specific software nor BIOS Last installed windows updates Caption Description ID InstalledOn http support microsoft com kbid Security Update KB http support microsoft com kbid Security Update KB http support microsoft com kbid Security Update KB http support microsoft com kbid Security Update KB http support microsoft com kbid Security Update KB http support microsoft com kbid Update KB Does anyone know how to fix this I want the laptop to run from AC when AC is plugged in even if the battery is fully charged Thanks

A:Battery Fully Charged turns off AC

If there is not a setting in the advanced power settings, pull the battery out when not using it mobile...my laptop battery stays charged and on the shelf...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/349728-battery-fully-charged-turns-off-ac.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have started up OneNote 2010. I have Office 2010 Professional Plus. It's asking me to upgrade for free. Is this really true? Or will I be charged next year for OneNote 2013. As I understand it, you have to pay every year for 2013 correct?

A:Will I be charged next year for OneNote 2013?

OneNote is now free so you can upgrade without any future charge, Office 2013/2016 is available at a one off charge or as a yearly subscription as office 365.

Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/382235-will-i-charged-next-year-onenote-2013-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Good evening I needed a new battery for my Portege R - P I had a battery model PA U- BRS and I bought a new battery that fits this To be honest the battery was rather cheap so I already thought back in my head that there might be a downside to this However my problem is the following I put the battery in and plug the laptop in Then my laptop will show the orange charging light for a few minutes before it says that it's charged and the light turns yellow Then I unplug the laptop to test whether the battery is charged and immediately the laptop shuts down This means the battery was not charged at all right So it says the battery is fully charged but it's says R700-11P new isn't Portege battery - charged but isn't I already removed the AC DC and the battery and pressed the on-button for seconds but it didn't help So what can I do about this Is the battery faulty Help would be extremely appreciated Regards blaaschwupp

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90709-Portege-R700-11P-new-battery-says-it-s-charged-but-isn-t
Relevancy 42.14%

Is it possible to have my laptop battery plugged in and NOT have it charged?

I use it as a desktop most of the time - I normally just take out the battery and use mains
(The idea behind this is that I don't unecessarily charge and recharge the battery - and therefore prolong the life??)

It would be great if it got to max charge and then dint charge again at all
OR is this how it works anyway!?

I have a Dell Core 2 Duo laptop that is about 18 months old

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks
OM

A:Is it possible to have my laptop battery plugged in and NOT have it charged?

There are a couple of reasons your battery won't charge: bad battery or bad charging circuit on the mother board. If the computer runs off the a/c adapter, then the adapter is OK. Your battery will last longer if it goes through regular discharging and charging cycle.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-have-my-laptop-battery-plugged-in-and-not-have-it-charged.960047/
Relevancy 42.14%

The Zeus trojan/botnet has been in the news a lot recently. The authorities are actively working and pursuing the case. They will announce later today (1 PM US Eastern time) that over 60 people in the US will be formally charged in an unprecedented sweep against cyber criminals. Edited to add: The United Kingdom has already charged 11 people in the same operation. Very interesting and enlightening article from Brian Krebs linked below.http://krebsonsecurity.com/2010/09/11-char...oney-mule-ring/"NEW YORK (Reuters) - Prosecutors plan to unveil charges against more than 60 defendants allegedly involved in a global cybercrime scheme that used the Zeus Trojan and other Internet viruses to steal millions of dollars from U.S. bank accounts."Sources:http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKT...20100930?ca=rdthttp://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/technology/80...jan-cybercrime/

A:60 Cybercriminals behind Zeus trojan/bot charged

This makes my brain link to many post where people worry about governments monitoring the internet. Monitoring is the only way I can think of to catch people like this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/350698/60-cybercriminals-behind-zeus-trojanbot-charged/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, I have a question reagarding battery. I want to know that when my device full charged then its stopped charging? and its coverted on direct power? or it still charging which is not good for my battery?What should I do when my HP Evny device fully charged? Should I do it unpluged or not? Thank you. 

A:Fully Charged Battery should be unplugged or not?

The computer is doing it right. When battery is completly charged, there is no need used the charge from it and then charge again. Hence once the battery is completly charged, the power is used from adator.You can leave the adaptor plugged in and continue working or if you want to take hte computer around then goahead and use the cheage from battery.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Fully-Charged-Battery-should-be-unplugged-or-not/td-p/5804947
Relevancy 42.14%

My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged When it is fully charged it is green Windows still says quot minutes until fully charged quot and then charges for another half hour In the past the light has been reliable so I believe that windows is the issue My laptop has also had significant issues with charging I can confirm this with two batteries I have an Asus K VD which I haven't changed the battery plugs in or anything like that What could my problem be Here's what I've tried -Disabling and re-enabling Microsoft charged, still Battery fully charging but ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery no change -Turning power saving off in BIOS did a bit of help with the charging problem -Fixing the fan turns out it wasn't spinning which caused a range of issues Helped the battery charge issue a bit -Keeping the laptop shut down didn't help -Keeping it asleep didn't help -Keeping it on with the screen off did help it charge Yet I can't find a fix for the battery charging percentage and time issue Any help Battery fully charged, but still charging would be appreciated

A:Battery fully charged, but still charging

You won't want to overcharge the battery but allow it to run down a bit often while not seeing the ac charging adapter plugged in constantly. Otherwise the life of the battery will be shortened. As for the 4hr. batteries those will show 3hrs. 52min. of time not a full 240min.! depending on make and model laptop as well as brand of battery. Found that out fast when the need to swap the 2hr. battery that came with an older model HP laptop saw the 4hr. replacement. The new Toshiba 10 laptop however came with a 4hr. battery.

Windows any version isn't exactly the best battery level meter to begin with and shouldn't be relied on as being absolutely 100% all the time. It is afterall still "Software" in contrast to having an accurate physical meter as well as the differences between makes and models of laptops having different power requirements while batteries will tend to see a standard for everything in use! One model will pull a battery down faster simply from having it running then the next! Different cpus as well as the rest of the hardwares will play a role there as well as the individual board designs. Never leave a laptop constantly plugged in while a battery is present as those will tend to get quite warm as well as the overcharge factor to watch for. A good overnight charge of 8hrs. max and if not wanting to see the battery run low and running off of ac a few hours but never constant as that will tend to kill a battery faster.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/40786-battery-fully-charged-but-still-charging.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a think pad r40, and i just got it. I do not know what type of battery it has in it. My question is: How long does most laptops batteries stay charged or last? Mine doesnt seem to last more than three or four hours without needing to be recharged> Was just wondering if that was normal.

A:How Long Does A Battery For A Lap Top Stay Charged?

Yes, that is about the average battery life of a ThinkPad. I have a ThinkPad myself (T60) and if you go to the ThinkVantage control panel, there are option you can select to either shorten or lengthen your battery life. If you hit Fn+F3 (Or whatever it is on your's) you can see these option and you can customize them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/55121/how-long-does-a-battery-for-a-lap-top-stay-charged/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I have Dell Ispiron 15 3542 and I am surprised that my laptop has been switched off directly even though the battery is 100% charged and even the charging icon is displaying at task bar when the charger is switched on. But red light for low battery goes on blinking and when the power cord is removed it switches off and if switched on the power cord a message appears as "Your battery has met with parmanent failure and needs to be replaced and press F1 to continue and press F2 for setup utility" 

Please help with the issues

A:Lap top not working even the battery is fully charged

I'd suggest you check Battery's status and health in the Battery Meter App. Please right click battery icon at taskbar, and then click on battery health. It should say Your Battery Is Performing Normally, if it say anything else then you most likely need a new one. Secondly, check battery status, if there's a checkmark in box by Enable Dell Extended Battery Life then uncheck it and restart computer.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986270
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone,
I need some help. I went to use my acer laptop yesterday after not using it for about 4-6 months and it won't turn on. I charged it and the indicator light says its fully charged but it still doesnt come on even if it is plugged in. I honestly don't think it is fully charged because the light turned blue after being plugged in only 1 hour. Do you have any suggestions that could help me?

A:My laptop won't turn on even though the light indicates its fully charged

Remove the battery and try turning on the laptop using only the AC adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-turn-on-even-though-the-light-indicates-its-fully-charged.177176/
Relevancy 41.71%

Please help,
I have a fairly new (just over a year) Toshiba Satellite A65-S126. It runs great and forever on AC power. The second the AC is disconn ected, it powers off. The battery shows full power. This computer has only been in normal use for about 3 months. The first year it was used on oaccasion, but always worked on battery just fine. Don't like having to plug in wherever I go, and don't want to be without while dealer is "looking at it." Any advice would be great!
Thanks

A:Laptop works on AC, but not on battery--fully charged

have you made any recent changes to your system? (i.e. new battery or BIOS update?) Did you drop the laptop?

Also, laptop batteries are generally only good for 1 year of normal use anyways before needing replacement, although they will usually still hold a 5~10 minute charge)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-works-on-ac-but-not-on-battery-fully-charged.44950/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey guys!I've had this problem for awhile,but I didn't think it was serious.
The battery icon never shows 'plugged in' when the AC is connected. It wouldn't be a problem, but when I try to install a driver it always requests the charging mode...and my windows 7 ultimate edition x64 does not recognise when i plug in the AC.Help,please!
p.s: i've got a hp compaq presario laptop.

A:Battery always showing 100% remaining even if it's fully charged

You can try running an sfc scan to fix corrupted system files.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Or you could try alternative battery meters. E.g. theres one made by a forum member (Bagaria).

Windows 7 Battery Bar by =Kishan-Bagaria on deviantART

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116959-battery-always-showing-100-remaining-even-if-its-fully-charged.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I noticed about weeks back that my almost new hardly used laptop - model nbsp R - T-P BM nbsp Following are the symptoms nbsp Unable to Charge directly have to shutdown the laptop or put it in sleep mode and then connect the adapater after a while the charging light indicator turns ON indicating charging When I see Blue light indicating the it's Fully charged I start using the laptop again and when I unplug the adapter I still see the Charging indication in the notification center in the main screen as if the adapter is still connected R3-131T get doesn't charged correctly ASPIRE When I notice that the charge is low and connect the adapter for charging it sometimes shows the charging indication in notification center and sometimes doesn't It is Random nbsp Initially I thought it's the adapter problem and called support to get some assistnace with the adapter But now I think it's more to do with the Battery Pack or some hardware driver supporting the charging function which isn't functioning correctly nbsp Any thoughts and direction to resolve this problem

A:ASPIRE R3-131T doesn't get charged correctly

Hello, Have you tried this: 1. Shut down your laptop2. Disconnect the AC adapter3. Wait few minutes4. Follow this procedureNote: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol on the bottom of the laptop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/ASPIRE-R3-131T-doesn-t-get-charged-correctly/td-p/436919/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.71%

This happened once before when I first purchased the laptop for my daughter.   I called tech support and they had me push a series of function keys to get it started.  I really wish I wrote it all down as now it is out of warranty!  The laptop does not power on nor does it show a light when plugged in.  The screen is completely blank and no lights. I tried the hard reset and no result.  Please help this is my daughters laptop for school.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Fully-charged-HP-stream-laptop-will-not-power-on/td-p/5721859
Relevancy 41.71%

My HP celeron laptop, about 15 months old, is suddenly unable to start unless plugged into the mains.

When it is, it says the battery is 96% chared with 11 hrs of unfeasible battery life. Once then disconnected, it still runs, though not sure how long for.

Shut down, and the battery charging light blinks frequently,but the laptop won't start at all.

What do hyou think has happened? If the battery has gone I think this is poor for a HP machine and will try to get them/and/or the vendor to replce even though what was a 12m warranty has expired.

A:Laptop suddenly says charged but won't start on battery

battery very well could need replacement.

I still got my 5 year old toshiba and it still has the original battery!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-says-charged-but-wont-start-on-battery.124951/
Relevancy 41.71%

Goodnight

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 the following occurs:

The laptop battery shuts down unexpectedly without warning the minimum level, although the battery is charged
I bought a new battery and it is exactly the same as the previous battery

What can happen?

Regards and thanks

A:Satellite L850-150 shuts down even if battery is charged

More details
The initial computer operating system was Windows 7
I created two partitions
In the second partition I installed Windows 8
After a while I installed Windows 10 on Windows 7 and have also installed Windows 10 on the partition with Windows 8
In both partitions so does
The computer turns off when you do not have the power cable connected
Earlier in Windows 7 and Windows 8, this did not happen
Please help

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92882-Satellite-L850-150-shuts-down-even-if-battery-is-charged
Relevancy 41.71%

I just bought an Inspiron 15 i5558 Signature Edition two days ago, and it won't run if I unplug the AC adapter. It's acknowledging that there is a batter, and it says it's at 100% (but when I hover over it, it says not charging). It recognizes when I take the battery out, so I know the computer can recognize the battery, but whenever I unplug the charger from the computer, it immediately shuts off! The light at the front of my computer (which has a battery symbol next to it) is constantly flashing orange.

I'm incredibly fed up and am about to return this laptop if there isn't a solution. 

A:HELP!! Brand new computer won't run on a fully charged battery!

Look's like the battery is NOT fully charged, but totally flat. Download BattStat and see what it says about the battery and charging. Most likely you should contact Dell about warranty service.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19682736
Relevancy 41.71%

My Chromebook 15 CB5-571 will not run on battery power even thou it indicates that it is fully charged. Works fine with mains adaptor connected?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/CB5-571-battery-shows-fully-charged-but-goes-dead-when-I-unplug/td-p/463801
Relevancy 41.71%

I noticed about weeks back that my charged correctly ASPIRE get R3-131T doesn't almost new hardly used laptop - model nbsp R - T-P BM nbsp Following are the symptoms nbsp Unable to Charge directly have to shutdown the laptop or put it in sleep mode and then connect the adapater after a while the charging light indicator turns ON indicating charging When I see Blue light indicating the it's Fully charged I start using the laptop again and when I unplug the adapter I still see the Charging indication ASPIRE R3-131T doesn't get charged correctly in the notification center in the main screen as if the adapter is still connected When I notice that the charge is low and connect the adapter for charging it sometimes shows the charging indication in notification center and sometimes doesn't It is Random nbsp Initially I thought it's the adapter problem and called support to get some assistnace with the adapter But now I think it's more to do with the Battery Pack or some hardware driver supporting the charging function which ASPIRE R3-131T doesn't get charged correctly isn't functioning correctly nbsp Any thoughts and direction to resolve this problem

A:ASPIRE R3-131T doesn't get charged correctly

Hello, Have you tried this: 1. Shut down your laptop2. Disconnect the AC adapter3. Wait few minutes4. Follow this procedureNote: The battery reset pinhole is marked with this symbol on the bottom of the laptop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/ASPIRE-R3-131T-doesn-t-get-charged-correctly/td-p/436919
Relevancy 41.71%

sent my computer in to tepair the case nbsp The case damage was ln the bottom portion of the envy laptop it was a month old the computer came back with the screen going out and having bright marks - it was the upgraded screen too btw dollar upgrade nbsp i called minites after i opened the box when i realized the problem nbsp i spenf an nour and half being transferred around during which time i noticed the buttons sticking inside the case of a month old double for bouncing checks being charged repairs computer nbsp extremely irate and seeing red i said a dirty word and got told being double charged for repairs checks bouncing to be quiet and transferred again finally the th person i spoke to said he understood and went over the nbsp being double charged for repairs checks bouncing issues nbsp with me nbsp agreed the machine needs to go back and be repaired the right way at no charge considering the first repair was this makes sense to me i woke up and realized they did charge me for this second repair now they have a laptop i paid for and an additional for repairs all within the first month of owning the machine nbsp this machine is costing me more than my car at this rate nbsp nbsp i can not afford to be an hp customer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/being-double-charged-for-repairs-checks-bouncing/td-p/5741560
Relevancy 41.71%

I've used a damaged charger on my clevo d480w and I've seen a spark right on the power jack of the laptop. As a consequence, power isn't reaching the laptop or the battery anymore. Laptop works perfectly with a charged battery but doesn't power up with any charger. Could it only be the power jack or is it some more serious fault on mother board?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/clevo-d480w-only-works-on-charged-battery.1081569/
Relevancy 41.71%

I got an Acer Travelmate 4002Lci. i have always worked on it using direct current though the battery was always plugged it. my battery doesnt get charged too. it always says 8% remaining. is there any settings i have to change to get it charged?

A:my acer laptop battery wouldn get charged!!

No, its probably broken like ever other Acer laptop I've ever seen. Do you still have warranty? You'll likely need a new battery or have the charging circuit replaced, which can be the whole motherboard in many cases.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-acer-laptop-battery-wouldn-get-charged.483459/
Relevancy 41.28%

I bought elite x2 1011 g1 tablet with power keyboard.Very first time, both worked fine but soon power keyboard won't charged.I have another x2 1011 with power keyboard, it can be charged.So, the problem is positively hardware issue. I want to fix it but warranty was exprired on April of this year.I want to know the price to fix this so that I can decide wheather I buy travel keyboard or fix this. And now I'm staying in Korea, South for business. Is it possible send this to USA or Japan to fix? Thanks for your help in advance. ^^

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Elite-x2-1011-G1-power-keyboard-battery-won-t-charged/td-p/5682802
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,The battery in the Power Keyboard on my HP Elite x2 1011 always shows 0%, even after being left attached to power overnight. When plugged in, the battery icon in the taskbar shows the following, in which battery  is the Power Keyboard battery and battery 2 is the built-in tablet battery:  The battery LED on the keyboard blinks amber and white (alternating) when plugged in. The BIOS battery component test passes for both batteries but it also reports the tablet battery percentage as 0 and voltage low.Can anyone help with this?Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Elite-x2-1011-Power-Keyboard-doesn-t-get-charged/td-p/5776228
Relevancy 41.28%

Is this normal? I'm on an E5-474G. Does this mean that the laptop is drawing power from the battery while it is constantly being charged or it is running straight from the power adapter as in "plugged in, not charging". I have deleted most of the OEM provided programs & utility(if relevant) except for Acer Quick Access which I would've deleted if not for the power-off usb charging feature and lock-key pop-up.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Battery-state-stay-at-quot-Fully-Charged-quot-at-100-instead-of/td-p/433939/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 41.28%

It is supposed to be a 9-cell one, but works as a 6-cell now.It worked fine for the first couple months, but now it can only be charged to 75% around, the most.I tried quite some cycles by fully discharging it then fully recharging it, but it did not work out.It is manufactured by Panasonic.I trid another new 9-cell battery, but still the gauge only shows up to 75% around. It does not make any sense. I suppose it is a battary gauge problem, but resetting it does not help at all.I even reinstall the whole XP window system, but it did not work.Any ideas? Solutions? Any upgrade of the gauge software?

A:Z61m 9-cell lion battery cannot fully charged

Please Help! Anybody?Thank you!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Z61m-9-cell-lion-battery-cannot-fully-charged/td-p/51219
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello all, I have a G500S Touch and am currently running Win-10 64bit. I have been having an issue with the system turning off whenever I unplug the ac adapter. It doesn't shut down in the normal sense, but, just turns off. Power management settings our on default and battery is at 100%. I bought a new battery thinking that was the issue,but, it is still doing the same thing. I've ran scans through lenovo solutions and it reads that everything is good. Kind of at a loss at what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Scott

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500S-Touch-Battery-fully-charged-but-shuts-down-when-unplugged/td-p/3415413
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello everyone,

About a year ago I bought a genuine replacement battery for my U500. A few months ago, the battery seemed to have gone bad (no charging), and since I was traveling I didn't have time to take it back to the dealer for yet another replacement. Last week, however, it started working normally all of a sudden - or so I thought.

As it turns out, the battery did actually charge (it recharged from zero to 95% in about an hour, and now the icon says "95%, not charging"), but it won't power the machine; if I pull the plug, the machine will die immediately.
I tried taking the batter out and cleaning the contacts, but that didn't seem to help.

Any input on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shady

A:Battery fully charged, but Satellite U500 won't power up

I think the battery is faulty.
Probably you purchased some kind of imitation product even if the part number would be the same.

Many 3rd party online dealers provide cheap ?china? batteries which are compatible (the battery dimensions are the same) but the performance isn?t the best?

I think you will need to replace the battery once again?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81392-Battery-fully-charged-but-Satellite-U500-won-t-power-up
Relevancy 41.28%
Relevancy 41.28%

The latest graphics cards have been used to break Wi-Fi encryption far quicker than was previously possible. Some security consultants are already suggesting the development blows Wi-Fi security out of the water and that corporations out to apply tighter VPN controls, or abandon wireless networks altogether, in response...Russian firm ElcomSoft has applied GPU acceleration technology to its password recovery tool to allow PCs or servers running supported NVIDIA video cards to break Wi-Fi encryption up to 100 times faster than is possible by using conventional microprocessors...theregister.co.uk

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173646/turbo-charged-wireless-hacking-threatens-networks/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a question? Who ever used NORTON SECURITY ,not sure on the number i called, but than Norton than switched me over to a web site called PROTECT AND TRUST?? they did a remote access to my laptop to clean it all up AND it turned out they were using THIS WEBSITE(bleeping computers) for most of there cleaning. I felt like i got screwed. ( with a little bit of lubrication lol) cuz i could have done all this for free and not pay 99.00.!!  MY question has anyone one else been through this?  and what can i do to get my money back??   

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550741/split-topic-charged-for-remote-access-cleaning/
Relevancy 41.28%

My Toshiba Laptop is a Windows with a recent - months now Windows update Satellite C --S A few moments ago I tried turning my laptop on without a plug the shuts charged, plug, down instantly Fully pulls first time trying to turn it on at all today It did not react to my pressing the power button so I plugged it in assuming maybe I left it on to die overnight yesterday When I plugged it in it turned on once I pressed power then I got started on planning out an essay I have to type and send online Fully charged, pulls the plug, shuts down instantly As I changed my seating position I lifted the laptop to do so unplugging the power cord from the laptop itself in the process and instantaneously it s off Completely silent with a black screen and all I plug it back in turn it back on it takes its time a little to come back on then I see it s a full battery and try unplugging again same story I google and tamper around with basic power and battery settings still the same story Again as I am typing I am very still so I do not unplug the charging chord for it to instantly shut off on me again although the laptop is at full battery along with the green light indicating so next to the power light Before this evening I have not touched any settings on my battery or display or power recently and I need this issue fixed because I am rather clumsy and do a lot of class work and essays on this computer at home nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

My Inspiron 17R just had a Windows 10 update.  Immediately afterward (by coincidence or ??), the battery would not function.  If I do not have the adapter connected, it is dead.  According to the BIOS, it is not a Dell battery.  Well, yes it is, original to the machine.  Meanwhile, the battery meter shows at 100% and plugged in.
Any ideas?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994567
Relevancy 39.99%

Does anyone know why my Dell Inspiron 15 Series 3000 laptop keeps turning off (fully charged)?  I ran all the Dell diagnostics and the hardware all seems to be working correctly.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19981150
Relevancy 38.27%

A problem has recently developed with my Envy notebook nbsp nbsp About weeks ago my entire wireless network began slowing down when on it nbsp nbsp Noticeable on all devices nbsp nbsp nbsp When my provider came out checked and tweaked some issues it appeared to be ok nbsp nbsp I went on with my daughers HP laptop and was drawing - mbps all over the house nbsp When I reconnected mine to the system I was only pulling up and down nbsp nbsp It doesn't start right dow... sucks 7260 - ENVY w/intel Notebook notebook - m7-k111dx away but after a few minutes nbsp nbsp So I put my duaghers right next ot mine and low and behold when I ran her's it pulled - also nbsp nbsp So I turned my wi-fi off and hers' popped right back up nbsp nbsp I have also tried this with an old XP mini my i-pads etc nbsp nbsp As soon as mine gets on the network the speed crashes nbsp nbsp nbsp This also happens with no one else home and no other devies conncted nbsp I have downloaded the latest up to date Intel driver for this network adapter and it hasn't changed anything nbsp Any ideas ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

A:ENVY Notebook - m7-k111dx w/intel 7260 - notebook sucks dow...

Bill_Ving Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wireless networking poor performance and wanted to help. My immediate guess is that you might have mixed-mode networking going on.  This happens when you have two different PCs networking in two different modes -- one using "G", the other using "N".  The wireless router (or access point) can optimize performance for either mode, but not for both.  So, the "G" mode drags down the performance of the "N" mode PC, but even worse, with the router set for mixed modes, it performs more slowly than with either PC connected by itself.Here are some other troubleshooting steps you can try: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 8) | HP® Customer SupportGood Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------Please click "Accept As Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.Please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks fopr my help.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/ENVY-Notebook-m7-k111dx-w-intel-7260-notebook-sucks-down/td-p/5591130
Relevancy 37.84%

The hinge on my much-loved Notebook has become 'loose'. Can I find repair help locally? Baltimore,  MD area. What is the correct term(s) to use to describe the problem? 

A:TouchSmart Notebook TV notebook swivel hinge repair?

https://www.google.co.in/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=hp%20service%20center... You can tell them that the hinges are loose 

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/TouchSmart-Notebook-TV-notebook-swivel-hinge-repair/td-p/5629497
Relevancy 37.84%

I made a Google notebook to keep the minutes of a meeting my business partners and I held last weekend. I made them all collaborators on the notebook so they could all make any changes or annotations they felt necessary. However, when they go to access this notebook they are prompted for a password.

There is nowhere (at least that I can find) to even choose to password protect the notebook let alone change the password. I'm pretty confused as to what password the notebook could be. The only thing I can think of is that it's asking for the password to my gmail account, which I don't really want to be handing out. Any ideas on this one gang?

Stink

A:Why do Google notebook collaborators need a password to access the notebook?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-do-google-notebook-collaborators-need-a-password-to-access-the-notebook.691569/
Relevancy 37.41%

My wife has a two-year-old Samsung notebook. Recently when she unplugged it the machine cut off, even though the battery said 79% charged (it wouldn't charge any further). I figured that the battery was bad so I bought another one from Amazon.

This one charges to 100% percent and does exactly the same thing. I'm perplexed but think there's something going on with the motherboard that won't let it use battery juice, even if Windows 8.1 says it's 100% charged.

I've tried the hold the power button down for 1 min with the battery out trick to no avail.

Any ideas? I'm stumped and think I might need to get her another notebook.

Thanks, Robert

Relevancy 37.41%

New here and so I hope that I am posting in the correct place My new notebook an M -MX was in the warranty depot as we thought it had a dvd burning problem however that was not the case it was the media Anyway before it was sent into the toshiba warranty depot the level tech phone support said to get the computer to be like it was when I unboxed it days earlier new and old with now notebook ghost problems?? notebook Ghosted this was last month And so to my frustration all of my programs were removed however before doing this the software techie at the office Ghosted it to my Western Digital Storage Unit and then sent it off to the Warranty Depot While it was in the shop I used my yr old toshiba satellite which I am now typing on at this moment I was finally able to get the software tech from the office to reGhost my new toshiba new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? M on this past Saturday and left it with him for a couple of hrs and then returned to pick it up as there was not much in the way of programs on it and so it wouldn t take long to Ghost the Images back Well in my Western Digital Storage unit are Ghosts of this year old satellite that I am presently using After the techie new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? got my Restore Disk installed and tried to reGhost the image onto the New M it crashed He was using the wrong Ghost he new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems?? was using the one that was from this unit I was not happy especially after he claimed that he now had it Ghosted with the proper Image and I tried it out and it was very sloooooow to Boot He said it was my Norton I keep a log and had brought it with me and showed him how long the Boots took before it was sent off to the Warranty Depot with all the few programs that I had installed on it He had been doing other work and coming back to my unit while it was Ghosting and when it was finished I also asked him to plug in my gig SanDisk flashdrive and he went into My Computer and clicked on the drive and it simply hung there with the Timer showing Needless to say I am not happy and am wondering if the fact that he Ghosted the wrong image from my year old Satellite on it could have done any damage He said he would call me this AM and hasn t so I left a message with him I used my USB SanDisk before and there were no problems now he is trying to tell me that this drive has a peculiar install program that can cause problems I googled for it and found nothing I talked to the computer retailer a small outlet that I frequent and they indicated that it is simply plug and play Why the tech mentioned a problematic install program is beyond me as all i was trying to do was read the contents Is there a possibility that this notebook has been damaged by trying to Ghost this satellite to it He did do a full disc system restore the second time he did the Ghost Imaging however the computer is acting SlOOOOOOOOw to boot the SanDisk simply hangs there with the timer showing I would appreciate any comments as I am frustrated as to what is going on here I mean I would assume a techie would label the Ghost image with a name so that he knew which computer it belongs to Thankyou for your time nbsp

A:new notebook Ghosted with old notebook ghost and now problems??

Something you might want to try (it's a pita) is a repair of windows - this may fix some of the slowness issues you're seeing. The install program he's talking about is probably the U3 component of many larger USB pen drives. I think it's on most of Sandisk's newer large drives. A repair of windows might also take care of this. I seriously doubt that putting the wrong image on the machine and then putting another image on could do any damage to the machine itself - the folks here at my job do it all the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-notebook-ghosted-with-old-notebook-ghost-and-now-problems.59864/
Relevancy 37.41%

My own notebook (Asus EEE PC S101), running Windows XP service pack 3) was twice redirected to an unknown website when I wanted to visit the Guardian newspaper website. I was using IE version 8. Then the notebook froze. When this happened, I had to switch it off without using Cleanup, which I have used safely for a long time. When I had switched it on again, I used Firefox to go to the Techsupport Forum. I followed the instructions to download dds.scr and began running it. Then the notebook froze again. It still tells me "Two logs shall be created on your desktop" Now the cursor does not move any more either. I write this from another notebook, but I cannot create a logfile,m as everything is frozen on my own notebook. Help, please,

Bienh

A:Malware freezes Notebook (posting from other notebook)

Hi and Welcome!!

My name is Jeff. I would be more than happy to take a look at your malware results logs and help you with solving any malware problems you might have. Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient and know that I am working hard to get you a clean and functional system back in your hands. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
If you happen to have a flash drive/thumb drive please have that ready in the event that we need to use it.
Please be sure to subscribe to the topic if you have not already done so.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete, download or install anything unless instructed to do so.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision. Doing so could make your system inoperable and could require a full reinstall of your operating system and losing all your programs and data.

Having said that.... Let's get going!!
----------

Are you able to boot to Safe Mode at all? If you are, try to run DDS from there and when the logs are made please post them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/malware-freezes-notebook-posting-from-other-notebook-691915.html