Windows Support Forum

What should I get? Another 560 Ti or EVGA's 680 FTW?

Q: What should I get? Another 560 Ti or EVGA's 680 FTW?

Hi,

I recently bought a new custom pc, but kept old 560 Ti in it.
So System what I have now:
850w PSU Corsair;
16gb Kingston Ram 1600Mhz;
3770k i7 Intel Cpu @ 4.7Ghz
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H;
Gigabyte 560 Ti Video card;

There is 2.2 Cm distance between Cards. I would get a 560 Ti in no time if I wouldnt be worried about the heat.

I want to buy a new video card or add another 560 Ti. But Selling my current 560 Ti would be hard here.
I could get a new 560 Ti for 300$ (Hate prices in Latvia(East Europe))
or Gigabyte's Gtx 680 2gb For 740$(Price here)
or Gigabyte's Gtx 670 2gb for 570$(Price Here)
I have a chance getting Evga's 680 FTW 4gb from US but its gonna be only on october 630$ (Price in the US)

Question is, What would you do if you were me?

EDIT: I am using old Monitor - 1440 x 900 Resoulution, Going to buy 1920 x 1080 Soon

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What should I get? Another 560 Ti or EVGA's 680 FTW?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: What should I get? Another 560 Ti or EVGA's 680 FTW?

My opinion based on the fact that you aren't yet capable of gaming at 1080p resolutions is stick with your 560 till October and then get a much cheaper 670 from the US (instead of the FTW). For $630 you're inching pretty close to a pair of 670s @ $800. The rest of your machine would NOT be a bottleneck to a pair of 670s but I'd be willing to bet you would be happy with just 1 of them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-get-another-560-ti-or-evgas-680-ftw.182920/
Relevancy 35.69%

I AM UPGRADING FROM A RADEON 5700 1G TO A
EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
is this a good enough step up to play battle field 4 at a high level?
low on cash but this card I found seems to have what I need plus maybe a few yrs in it before a upgrade is needed. any input would be appreciated.
reason I ask is I have a day to cancel and get something else but I am not real good with computers. I am running a phenom quad core with 4 gigs of ram on win 7 ultimate and a 600 watt power supply and 1t hard drive

OH AND MY MOTHERBOARD IS A GA-MA785GM-US2H

A:EVGA SuperClocked 03G-P4-2666-KR GeForce GTX 660 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP

This should answer your question. The GTX 660 has 30FPS with ultra quality at 1680x1050. Lowering the quality settings to high, raised the frame rate to nearly 50FPS.
http://www.techspot.com/review/734-battlefield-4-benchmarks/

Final Thought:

If you can live with high settings however, you'll boost your frame rates by around 60%, sometimes as much as 80%, which is enough to make the GTX 660 and HD 7850 practical options. ...
Fortunately, there's less to consider when choosing a processor -- just make sure you have a quad-core chip. It doesn't even have to be a new one, as even the Core i7-920 and Phenom II X4 980 took care of business. ...Click to expand...

Side note:

As was the case with Battlefield 3, as long as your processor has four cores/threads, it shouldn't have a problem in EA's latest shooter. The only processors to struggle were the dual-core AMD Phenom and Athlon CPUs, while the game can utilize up to eight threads if your chip has them on tap.Click to expand...

Another improvement would be to get 8GB memory. In my opinion 4GB is boarder-line to being sufficient.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-superclocked-03g-p4-2666-kr-geforce-gtx-660-3gb-192-bit-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-x16-hdcp.202193/
Relevancy 37.41%

PSU issue I think

heres what it is when I first installed this card (had a 500w antec psu) the comp was fine till I played diablo and poof shut off the comp via psu , so decide to get a thermaltake 2 600w and hook tht up now ot plays for a longer time
but does the same thing,I took the card back and got a new one of the same
same thing happens , so I decided to try a different approach and I have a psu I modded for xbox 360 tht is wired to stay on and I ran the card powered by tht and was able to play for hours and only 2 times it shut that psu off suggestions or now a psu tht doesnt get fooled so easy or what is really going on...lol thank you

A:PSU issue with evga gtx 660 superclocked

If you got a different video card and a different PSU, chances are there is something else wrong unless you got very unlucky and got another bad part from one of the two things swapped out.
My guess would be one of the following just from one you said:
The new PSU is bad as well
The CPU is overheating and shutting off
GPU could be overheating and shutting off (Though this is unlikely)
Those are just a few things to check, I would go into the bios and see what temp the CPU is running at while in there and decide if its running above what it should be. If that's not the issue I would try returning the PSU for a different one and see if that fixes the issue. Though the fact that the machine shuts off with 3 different PSU's points to a different part being an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-issue-with-evga-gtx-660-superclocked.201615/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi, I am planing to build a custom budget gamning PC.
Is this GPU(http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SUPERCLOCKED-Graphics-02G-P4-2653-KR/dp/B00966IU9W/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179748&sr=8-4&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) or this (http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Dual-Link-Graphics-02G-P4-3751-KR/dp/B00IDG3PRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1396179830&sr=8-2&keywords=evga gtx 650 2 gb) really worth it and does it fits to this:

AMD Athlon X4 760K-CPU
MSI FM2 A75MA E35-MOTHERBOARD
Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz 4 or 8 GB-RAM
Corsair CX430-PSU
NZXT Source 210-CASE
WD Caviar Blue 500 GB-HDD
Sorry for my english.
Thanks in advance.

A:Is EVGA GTX 650 2 GB worth it?

Do you have a budget for how much you can spend on the Video Card itself? I would suggest shopping around because Amazon doesn't always have the best deals. Depending on where you are located, you could find some really sweet deals. Spending another $10 you can get an EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked 2GB ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024 ) or for the same price as GTX 650 you can get a PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8906822&CatId=7387 ). I'm not saying you have to buy either of those cards, just showing you that you have options. You could also go with an AMD video card if you wanted to. Let us know how much you can spend (on either just the Video Card or the whole system) and we can help you out.
Also, looking at the specs you included, it looks like you have a decent plan for the build. I would suggest getting 8GB of Ram, not just 4GB. If you want to game on it, then 8GB is pretty much the "safe zone" for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-evga-gtx-650-2-gb-worth-it.201248/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have had this card for a little over 2 years. Now I want to upgrade to something better because I not only game, but hook my computer up to my Sony HDTV for movies and such.
My system Specs:
Intel core i7 960 (3.85 GHz)
18GB RAM (corsair vengeance? forgot)
512GB SSD (OCZ vertex 4)
EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked (want to upgrade?)
650w PSU

I am looking at maybe a EVGA GTX 760 Superclocked or around that price range of $250. I do not want to SLI my 560 because I don't think my PSU can handle it and heat issues.

Any suggestions or advice? Thank you guys in advance you are the greatest!!!!!

A:Upgrading from EVGA GTX 560 TI Superclocked

The GTX 760 is a good choice. Other option in that price range would be a HD 7950.

Btw playing movies through a TV doesn't warrant an upgrade since it's not GPU intensive. You should see a nice performance bump when playing graphically demanding games though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-evga-gtx-560-ti-superclocked.195869/
Relevancy 37.84%

Alright so I got a new video card for an old build with a dying video card The new one is an evga GTX non ti non overclocked The problem is upon installing the drivers the PC bluescreens while at the starting windows screen The message says attempt to restart the graphics driver and recover failed or whatever it is along those lines the stop message ix x driver in question is nvlddmkm sys I have eliminated as far as I can tell the possibility of a driver problem I tried driver sweeper once tried two versions of drivers the one on the disc and the latest from online and I simply just uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times Anyway I have eliminated the possibility of drivers im fairly sure and the possibility of a bad motherboard as my GT is working perfectly as I type this on the PC in question Noteably the GT bluescreens 660 Troubleshooting an evga GTX about once a week or so with the same message of driver recovery failed I could not tell you if the stop message is the same if it happens again ill update thread This only happens after a while of gaming or sometimes tabbing in and out of games Temperatures are reasonable not a cause Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 I might also say that the card DID boot ubuntu live off a USB and display the screen in p quite well It also works fine in safe mode for windows I couldnt get any of the GPU diagnostics tools in ubuntu to work though-most seemed to be unavailable Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 to download the nvidia drivers didnt like live copy So my question is could the OS itself be the problem Should I attempt to make a small linux partition Or is Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660 it more likely than not just a faulty card Im about done here I just want to know by tommorow if I can send the bloody thing back if it is indeed faulty Specs core quad Q GB ddr w PSU card appears to be working fine on it in terms of fan spinning slight heat generation Intel DG CN example link http compare ebay com like var lv amp ltyp AllFixedPriceItemTypes amp var sbar I know its not a good system to put a gtx on but the rest will be replaced eventually If its relevant my case has more than adequate cooling This is not what I wanted to do upon receiving a new card I wanted to game Please please help and thank you nbsp

A:Troubleshooting an evga GTX 660

The 660 requires a 450W PSU or greater, so you are fine. What OS do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/troubleshooting-an-evga-gtx-660.195526/
Relevancy 36.98%

I noticed after I installed beta driver 310.70 that temps at idle were way up, about 41c, so I removed the card and cleaned the fan and heatsink with compressed air (it wasn't very dirty). Still high temps afterwards, started looking at settings, and noticed that the card was no longer idling down (staying at 981 MHz core and 2257 MHz memory all the time). That explains the high temps, but how do I fix this problem. I tried a completely clean install of the stable driver (306.97) per a guide on the proper way to update Nvidia drivers, but the problem remains. Checked all the BIOS settings, multiple monitor is disabled, etc. Checked all settings in Nvidia Control Panel. Any help will be much appreciated! BTW I am running Windows 8 Pro x64

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-550ti-superclocked-wont-idle-down.188189/
Relevancy 37.84%

Just installed a new EVGA card This is the card that has GTX Gpu s on it 460 EVGA GTX problems The problem is the PC starts up normally I get one beep and all things start loading fine and I can even hear the windows startup tune Unfortunately I EVGA GTX 460 problems get no video to the monitor I will then hold down the power button and power it down I hit the power EVGA GTX 460 problems button again get the quot Windows did not start up normally quot screen and THEN I am able to get it started and working correctly Now this morning I did all the things I previously did and got quot Startup Recovery quot This ran for a while and then windows came up normally Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated System Asus P Z deluxe mobo evga win gtx dual gpu gb vid mem OCZ Fatality series PSU w Intel Core i k cpu gb Corsair vengeance Ram tb Seagate HDD nbsp

A:EVGA GTX 460 problems

did you upgrade to the latest drivers? If all else fails try updating the BIOS.
if that fails, save yourself the hassle of troubleshooting and RMA the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-460-problems.183244/
Relevancy 37.41%

I recently bought my gtx 570 and love it does everything I want (havent tested very demanding games just yet) and I was wandering is there any game out there that I would have to overclock it

A:Is it worth overclocking my EVGA GTX 570

Well what games do you play? BF3 for example would benefit from an overclock. You should be able to get 800-850Mhz without a voltage tweak.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-overclocking-my-evga-gtx-570.181356/
Relevancy 37.41%

This is my first time posting on any forum so please excuse me if I miss some things out I recently got a second hand EVGA GTX gb OC from an online auction site I have a Dell XPS which 460 signal! GTX EVGA no Secondhand -- had a w psu in it I installed the card and attached both pin power cables and I got a single beep no signal and my computer wouldn t boot into the operating system I figured this might Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! be due to my power supply being under the recommended wattage so I bought a Zippy w psu and I m still having the same Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! problem My old card still works fine so no problem with the motherboard I ve tried uninstalling the old gpu drivers and still nothing The error code that my computers lights display translates to quot Other failure quot which Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal! according to dell means there is most likely a hardware failure Is this a common problem and is there a solution or am I now the proud owner of a paperweight Thanks in advance Nesh nbsp

A:Secondhand EVGA GTX 460 -- no signal!

Maybe Dell don't allow you to change the graphics card? Maybe you can try the card in a friend's PC.

Btw $230 is very expensive for that card, about twice the market value.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/secondhand-evga-gtx-460-no-signal.176297/
Relevancy 36.98%

I wonder if EVGA had the official 'okey-dokey' before pushing out this little gem. It handily bests the GTX 580 while sporting 2GB 's of memory.(only 1GB per GPU however). In many situations it will give the GTX 590 a run for its money...actually for about $200.00 less. At the same price as the average GTX 580, this card would seem to be ready to cannibalize sales of both the GTX 580, and 590 if it is made widely available. It's seemingly an odd move, but a tremendous card according to the folks over at PC Perspective

From PC Perspective:

the review can be had here at PC Perspective
:http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-2Win-2GB-Dual-GPU-Graphics-Card-Review

A:EVGA GTX 560 Ti 2 Win 2GB dual-GPU graphics card

The card more than likely has Nvidia's stamp of approval since at the price point it equals enthusiast territory, and like the dual GTX 460 EVGA launched earlier, I think the card is neutered on being SLI'ed with another of it's kind ( strike one). Nice niche card but...
At $500+ it's also going up against EVGA's own GTX 560Ti DS (with similar cooling) that's clocked faster and would certainly have more OC headroom at the same price point (SLI) (strike two)
Like the dual-GTX460 (and the PowerColor dual HD 6870) I wouldn't think the card would see widespread release. It checks the same boxes as the conventional two card setup ( good price/ perf. relatively cool'n'quiet ..but is still saddled with the 1GB frame buffer and 256-bit bus that makes it less than suitable for Surround/ 3D/ 3D Surround (strike three).

I'm actually surprised that EVGA haven't launched a dual version of their GTX 580 Classified 3GB (just for PR's sake at least) and Nvidia probably would frown upon a GTX 570-2Win, but I'm also guessing that the PCB, extra memory and VRM's would make it prohibitively expensive in any case...so given that those two options are off the table, then a dual GTX 560Ti becomes the de facto choice I suppose.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gtx-560-ti-2-win-2gb-dual-gpu-graphics-card.172997/
Relevancy 37.41%

Several mos ago replaced OEM GPU that ran hot w EVGA GT When hot weather got here I noticed GT seemed to run hotter than I think it should w normal browsing temp to EVGA before GT up? 240 Max fan cranking allow But also noticed fan speed really didn t increase much until temps were in high s - Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up? even then fan might run only - I can get GPU up past C just clicking back forth on some images - like Mozilla themes Yes the GPU fins fan are clean - took em outside amp blew out Can see down thru the fins w a flashlight to check Really wasn t dirty so made no diff under type of use described Installed MSI s Afterburner amp tried the quot User defined software automatic fan control quot - which controls the fan well SpeedFan didn t amp easy on resources Question - at what temp would you really crank up the fan to avoid ever getting above that temp Specs or manuals don t give this info Obviously the stock setup wasn t effective Right now have Afterburner set to at C C see graph This may not be running the fan high enough to keep it below C - still gets there opening a lot of pages Once fan kicks in temp drops fairly quickly amp running at that easily drops it below C or Should note - no other components get nearly as high so doesn t seem to be a problem w the case I know some report GPUs running F amp even higher but seems kinda high amp hard on components if happens very often Still have a lot of room to increase fan speed but don t want to be overly concerned if C isn t an issue I could raise it to or higher C if necessary This also makes me question effectiveness of the factory thermal paste as I ve read so many complain about That maybe I should think about redoing the paste Thanks nbsp

A:Max temp to allow EVGA GT 240 before cranking fan up?

Hi Debbie,
GPU' s are designed to run warmer than CPU's so while cooler is better, 50-60c is nothing to get overly concerned with. increasing the airflow through your case to lower temps would be preferable to running the cards fan at 90% constantly if you can. The upper thermal limit for GPU's (AMD & Nvidia) is 105c. while thats to warm as far as I am concerned, If you can keep idle temps below 50c and load temps to 85c or less, the card will probably outlast your use for it.
Hope that helped

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/max-temp-to-allow-evga-gt-240-before-cranking-fan-up.167388/
Relevancy 36.12%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-sli-board-no-video-output.160688/
Relevancy 36.12%

I was just curious if the was good card for a low end system? I really only play CS 1.6 and use the net to look up football and movies!! i got 50 dollar gift certifacate to best buy so i thought i would get this video card!!!

1.9ghz athlon xp
1.5 gigs of ram
A-bit nf7 mother board
audigy soundblaster
pny Geforce 256mb video card
500 watt power supply
Windows xp sp3
160 gig WD 7200rpm
40 gig 7200 rpm

That is what im runnning!! I kidna wonder if the 2 gigs of ram im using is making the 256 meg video card lock up my computer!! Not really sure what the deal is though lol!!

A:Evga GeForce 6200 512MB video card

I personally think you'd be better off getting a Geforce 8400GS, or ATi HD4350, or Geforce 210GT for that kind of money. I've no idea which is better of the three, but they're all under 50 bucks.

I would have recommended the HD4670 if it wasn't over 100 bucks, which is shocking given the price I paid for it here in the UK a year ago!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-6200-512mb-video-card.158980/
Relevancy 36.55%

I have an old computer which I am converting into a media system. It has a EVGA NVIDIA 7800GS card (AGP) which I am connecting a DVI to HDMI cable. Will this support sound through the DVI to HDMI cable or am I stuck with computer speaker sound from the computer audio port?

A:EVGA Nvidia 7800GS - DVI to HDMI sound

no, the sound will not be carried through the DVI connection. if you were using a direct HDMI output on the card it would work (if the sound had audio processing) but only the video will be carried (i.e. DVI does not support sound)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7800gs-dvi-to-hdmi-sound.157563/
Relevancy 37.41%

It's a simple question i have 160? to buy graphic card, the best i can get for that kind of money is either EVGA gtx 460 786 SC or MSI gtx n460 786/5d Cyclone.

Which one is better?
Both cost same, one is 158? other 160?.

Which is quieter?
I can't find accurate info, for EVGA it says max noise 40 db, but at the same time it says it is the quieter of this class. For MSI i found review that says it only produces 31 db at full load.

How does mini-hdmi/dvi to hdmi work?
I saw lots of threads on different forums, where people are reporting problems with sound when they connect gtx 460 to TV to watch movies.

Thnx for help.

A:GF GTX 460 EVGA SuperClock / MSI cyclone

So, i found more information at goru 3d, they tested some of gtx 460 cards and now it is even tougher to decide.

MSI GTX 460 Cyclone OC - The idle noise levels coming from the card are downright silent, in idle you will barely hear the card as we measured 37~38 dBA, which is right below the threshold of noise coming from the PC itself.Click to expand...

eVGA GeForce GTX 460 768MB SuperClocked - Despite the temperatures being a little higher on this card, that does not have an effect on overall sound levels. At its hottest measured point (64 degrees C) the fan RPM had risen towards 45% RPM, and that's still very little. So even this massively overclocked SKU remains absolutely silent.Click to expand...

eVGA is a couple of fps faster than cyclone in most tests, but it doesn't have a voltage raise function if i decide to further oc. Whinch means max overclock is a bit lower compare to Cyclone.

In the end i may just buy the cheapest palin gtx 460 fot 145? and overclok it, i am sure i could oc it to 800mhz core and 4000mhz ram.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gf-gtx-460-evga-superclock-msi-cyclone.157435/
Relevancy 37.84%

My EVGA 8800gt is experiencing major issues, so I will be RMAing it shortly. I was wondering which card you think I will get in return? Anyone RMA one recently?

A:Evga 8800gt rma?

Probably a direct replacement.
EVGA will probably tell you what card you'll be getting once you get the RMA ticket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-8800gt-rma.154954/
Relevancy 35.26%

I just installed a EVGA geforce 8400 gs onto an intel board that does have onboard video. I set the display adapter to PCI-e on the BIOS but when I use the card the screen has a light blue tint to everything and the colors just look really off. I've tried changing the setting with the nvidia control panel but I just can't get a true white at all. When I take the card out and use the onboard video it looks perfect. I've updated the BIOS on the MoBo, the driver for the evga card but nothing works. I'm using windows xp sp2. Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:EVGA GeForce 8400 GS on an Intel D101ggc has a bluish tint and dull

It appears you have answered your own question. If still under warranty, I would find a way to replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-8400-gs-on-an-intel-d101ggc-has-a-bluish-tint-and-dull.138439/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys after quite a bit of trouble with choosing comparing etc my next graphic card I decided to go with GeForce GTX mainly because it seems a bit better than radeon HD and even though it doesnt have dx as radeon has it has PhysX which is an advatage since newer games will focus on dx and not but anyway I m now stuck on choosing the quot type quot of this Zotac, gigabite type EVGA, GTX GeForce OC...) 260 (TOP, graphic I sort of eliminated the basic one because I dont really care about say - bucks for better performance and decided to go with ASUS TOP version but than I saw this Gigabite OC version and really can t tell which one is better they re almost the same price or if there is better type here are the types I came across on my GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) shop website with prices in USD -GigaByte GTX SO GV -N SO - I MB PCI -E - -GigaByte GTX OC GV-N OC- I MB PCI-E - -Zotac GTX Synergy ZT-X E KG-FDR MB PCI-E - -Asus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...) PCI -EAsus ENGTX Glacia tor Plus HTDI MD MB PCI -E - -Gainward -Bliss GTX Golden Sample MB PCI -E - - Zotac GeForce GTX GS AMP Editio n ZT -X E KG -FCP MB - - ASUS ENGTX TOP HTDI M from asus store http www asus com product aspx P ID wFbgFmfX Zo exlV amp templete - and many other types mainly Gigabite Zotac EVGA here is the link site is in my native tongue czech but you will be able to clearly understand the types and prices they have USD - czech crown http www czechcomputer cz fulltext jsp query GTX amp type stockitem what I m looking for is obviosly the best-go best performance and I would like it to eventualy be able to go crossfire when I upgrade my motherboard And I would like to ask if it would be compatible with my PC here are current specs Motherboard - ASUS M A Graphic interface - ATI Radeon HD Graphics Memory - mb dual CPU -AMD Athlon X CPU Speed - overclock from bus speed MHz Power Supply Make Model - Watt output Amperage - not important since I obviously need a new one for this graphic card OS Windows XP Prof bit thanks for any hints and help nbsp

A:GeForce GTX 260 type (TOP, Zotac, EVGA, gigabite OC...)

The Gigabyte GV?-N26SO?-896I? (Super overclock ) version is the best performer of the bunch. It is on par with the GTX 275 in performance and comes with the standard Gigabyte three year warranty.
Review here http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1686

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-gtx-260-type-top-zotac-evga-gigabite-oc.141780/
Relevancy 37.84%

My Gtx crapped out so I called EVGA to get eVGA over Fuming a replacement After tests a stool sample and a promise to give up my first born child they agreed to replace my card I shipped my card off to them and about days later I get an email telling me that they will not replace the card because when they looked at my card it had a tiny Fuming over eVGA i mean tiny chip at the very edge of the card They said that this damage is Fuming over eVGA a total loss to the card and they will not replace it The chip touches nothing not the circuitry at all and is so smal that you can barely see it My wife unfortunately did not ensure the shipping of my card so Im out of luck EVGA knew the card was bad IE the RMA they gave me before i shipped it off Anyone else have the crappy customer support from them or am I one of the goats running out to slaughter nbsp

A:Fuming over eVGA

When I RMA'd my video card EVGA responded very quickly. They gave me an RMA number just a few hours after I requested an RMA, and I got my new card just under two weeks after I shipped it to them. My card did not have any damage like a chip out of the edge though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fuming-over-evga.136771/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys I just needed some advice as to whether this plan will come to fruition I have an ASUS EN GTS MB DDR that burnt out started seeing horizontal spots all over the screen and win -bit won t boot because of it Hence I have decided I will be getting a higher end video card to replace GTX260 core216 OC Planning GeForce buy to EVGA my year old GTS that I had paid CAD for Also I had modded the card with a Duorb VGA cooler about a month ago The new cards I have been looking at seem very power hungry and that is why the GTX core OC seems interesting I humbly require your expert opinions to help me decide if this thing will work with my rig or not And what alternatives can i go for Please note that I am not restricted to NVIDIA I am flexible for ATI Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC s as well My rig specs are as follows Motherboard with only one PCIe x slot AMD Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC Athlon x GHz AM socket modded w mm TR fan from Tt GB DDR RAM MHz W Antec PSU SLI ready NZXT Zero Case with x mm case fans LED SATA HDD one of them is a GB Hitachi rpm other is Seagate GB Windows RC -Bit Your thoughts are MOST welcome nbsp

A:Planning to buy EVGA GeForce GTX260 core216 OC

That card is a good choice. I'd go for a better psu with that thing, you'd barely make it.

On the other hand look into a 4890 1gb, it does beat out the 260 in some benchmarks and is a bit cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/planning-to-buy-evga-geforce-gtx260-core216-oc.131128/
Relevancy 36.98%

Like the name says i have an EVGA nVIDIA 9400 GT 1 gig video card, 2.8 dual core processor, 3 gigs of ram, runnin xp, wondering if i can tweak it to improve performance for both call of duty 4 and battlefield 2.. anything else you need to know about my computer just let me know i'll be sure to post it here .. thx in advance

A:Help with tweaking eVGA Nvidia 9400 GT

Try downloading Nvidias "NTUNE" software amd use it to increase your video performance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-tweaking-evga-nvidia-9400-gt.129251/
Relevancy 36.55%

Evga just released their GPU post Evga GPU results your Tuner, Voltage voltage tuner exclusively for GTX and cards and now a patch has been released allowing higher unsafe voltages and foreign cards google it So I thought there should be a thread for people to post their results with overvolting Provide essential information if you can some are not too important Your card a brand and or any factory overclocks Any prior overvolting via hardworking or BIOS Stable clock speeds prior to overvolting Stable clock speeds after overvolting Amount of overvolting ex mw - gt mw Temperatures from a reliable source I hear GPU-z is good Evga Precision seems concurrent Graphics card Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results and case cooling ex Stock fan at fan speed and one mm HDD fan with cfm Method for testing stability I just run the Crysis Benchmark GPU demo for a while Driver version for simplicity and convenience you can just say latest if thats what you have Motherboard if that matters I don t really know Any other relent data If your card still works v can be fatal Stay safe don t push your voltage too far the patch removes the safety limitations Evga put on if you have any recommendations or other comments post those too nbsp

A:Evga GPU Voltage Tuner, post your results

I will post my own results as soon as i have time...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-gpu-voltage-tuner-post-your-results.121874/
Relevancy 36.12%

This is my system MB:
* MB manufacturer name: ASUS A7V8X-LA
* HP/Compaq name: Kamet2-GL6E

Compaq Presario S6500NX
Video: VIA SG3 Unichrome IGP 64MB Max
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+ 2.2GHz
and 512MB Of RAM

I am buying a EVGA e-GeForce 6800XT W Fan 128MB PCI-Express 128-P2-N367-TX video card(unless someone recommends another) An want to know how to install it, and what I'll need to install it(BTW I am upgrading to 1.5GB's of RAM and a 400W PS before I buy this)

A:Help with installing EVGA GeForce 6800XT on a Compaq S6500NX

It should not be too much of a problem to install the new video card. You just open the case and install the card in the AGP slot on the motherboard. The card should be autodetected on boot up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-installing-evga-geforce-6800xt-on-a-compaq-s6500nx.98337/
Relevancy 36.98%

Well, i finally decided on my new gaming rigged but i need to know if anybody knows if there is a good heatsink out there that fits my motherboard link

and also the case link

i'm not sure if you need to PSU cause sometimes i read about people heatsink taking up the motherboard space. here is my PSU link

now i know how the motherboard is crap cause it's just like a 680 but since i'm getting the GTX260 216 core, the combo deal from newegg pretty much lowered the cost of a nice motherboard to an affordable price.

A:Heatsink that fits evga 780i

What did you find out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heatsink-that-fits-evga-780i.114132/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok Problem GeForce 9600 GSO eVGA I got a new graphics card today It s a eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem EVGA GeForce GSO So eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem I grounded my self unplugged everything the usual stuff Installed my card made sure it was all the way seated but didn t plug in the power supply because I need an eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem adaptor So Question is the power just for the fan ON the card or for the fan AND the card I turned back on my computer and it put out this loud constant beeping sound and nothing showed up on the screen In the manual for the GeForce under Quick Fixes it says quot Problem At boot-up all you hear is a series of beeps from the computer but see no screen at all Cause The beep sounds are warning sound from the motherboard BIOS that says that it cannon initialize the video card This can mean on of three things The card is not seated correctly Well I made sure it was seated There is a problem with the motherboard s video card slot It s a brand new computer I don t think the motherboard is crap already There is a problem with the video card Well its a brand new card too so I don t think it s that either Solution Remove the card from the computer and reinsert it making sure that the card is seated properly in the slot Then try to boot the computer again If this does tnot work then the problem is either with the motherboard or the video card and you should contact your hardware manufacturer So Question arises What could the problem be Also Question Where can I get an adaptor to adapt my pin power on my card to my SATA power supply cables I would post a link but it says I need posts nbsp

A:eVGA GeForce 9600 GSO Problem

It needs that power connection, usually there is a cable that comes with that card that you can attach one end (2x 4 pins) to the PSU and the other 6-pin to the graphic card.

It might just need that power.

If it still doesn't work, even if you think it is seated perfect take it out and put it back in.

You know it seems unlikely but I just bought a 9600 GT yesterday and put it in. I had the exact same problem. Power was connected, it was in just fine and yet no signal.

I took it out and made sure there was no dust and that it was in there correctly when I put it back in and It is working fine for me now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-9600-gso-problem.112916/
Relevancy 37.41%

Yes it is a budget card But for the price it is still an awesome card http www nvidia com object geforce html First the cons Setting up D settings through the Nvidia control panel while easy was a mistake I have set 8400GS EVGA eGeForce it up to run at almost the best possible settings leaving almost nothing to run as per application settings Run into issues immediately Playing BF with in-game settings at a medium the game would crash about every hour Same was for the Chronicles of Riddick game The stock cooling is useless Card very often heats up to degrees The multi-display settings in the driver a hard to figure out EVGA eGeForce 8400GS EVGA website does not even display the card anymore and it wasn t very easy to find it there The pros Very good with video processing I run Various Adobe graphics and video programs and none of them have any issues When I finally adjusted the settings in the control panel to let each program decide the quality for itself the card performed great Overall i would have to say that if You like me have a low budget but do want shader and DX compatibility this is the card for You I have yet to test it on Vista nbsp

A:EVGA eGeForce 8400GS

detoam said:

Yes it is a budget card. But for the price it is still an awesome card. http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_8400.html
First the cons:
The stock cooling is useless. Card very often heats up to 58 degrees.Click to expand...

58 degrees Centigrade is not very hot for a GPU.

detoam said:

The multi-display settings in the driver a hard to figure out.Click to expand...

Yes, to a degree, but Nvidia has included every setting you might think you need but it does require a bit of digging and patience.

detoam said:

EVGA website does not even display the card anymore and it wasn't very easy to find it there.Click to expand...

Well, true enough, but this is true of most manufacturers sites now. They try lead you right to the 8800GT cards right from the jump. I suppose they figure that's what everybody's looking for at the moment.

detoam said:

Overall i would have to say that if You (like me) have a low budget, but do want shader 4 and DX10 compatibility this is the card for You.Click to expand...

I didn't take the time to check this out, but I believe the GT8400 also is HDCP compatible as well.
If you aren't trying to establish yourself as a legend in gaming circles this could be the graphics card for you, as it adds dual monitor and High def capability to the average computer with onboard graphics.

I would also suggest that people check out this GT8500 from Biostar: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814141065 this card is a steal ($35.00) after MIR. It has 512MB of GDDR2 of it's own (doesn't use any system RAM), and is 128 bit access. I believe the 8400s are 64 bit, but keep in mind I don't know if that is really a downside when you consider the likely uses of either of these cards. They both should do a bang up job of driving your flat screen TV and monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-egeforce-8400gs.111880/
Relevancy 37.84%

Ok quick question, are the GeForce 8800GTS Superclocked compatible w/ a Win2k OS?

A:Evga 8800gts

I believe that if your GPU is compatible with your P.C., you should be able to run any Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-8800gts.91967/
Relevancy 36.98%

Im new at bios stuff and i want to know stepby step how to flash or update my bios. I dont have a floppy drive, and I dont wanna use a disc. can any one help me?

A:Bios update EVGA 590 SLI or the Foxconn one

Well you've obviously been to the evga site already and didn't like the options you were given, so please let me write you a nice little BIOS firmware update program. It'll take a few hundred hours of learning and continuous testing, but if you don't want to burn a disk then I feel I have no other choice. :rolleyes:

So what is the real problem? What don't you have or know what to do?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-update-evga-590-sli-or-the-foxconn-one.97211/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all long time no see I was at work this morning when I noticed a product sitting on the counter n ow this isn t uncommon as there is often product laying around before the store opens it s my job to put it all away Anyways this particular product was an EVGA USB-VGA Adapter I took a closer look at it question USB just VGA Adapter, a EVGA little and it appears that what it does is allow people that don t have secondary monitor outputs to use an open USB port to achieve the same effect Now I do have DVI ports on my computer and monitors but my question is not related to that it s this would I EVGA USB VGA Adapter, just a little question be able to reverse the flow meaning instead of going from the computer through USB to the monitor could I go from something outputting a VGA signal and put it into the computer Here is the product on Circuit City s where I work website http www circuitcity com ssm eVGA catOid - rpem ccd productDetail do I ve been looking for a way to record in at high def even p from my Xbox I have the VGA adapter for the Xbox and I would like to look into getting this if I could plug my s VGA output into this and record it through some app for the computer Maybe FRAPS or some screen recording software If anyone knows anything about this product or can use deductive reasoning I can t to save my life on things like this to figure out whether I could use this for this purpose I would be grateful indeed this might be just what I m looking for Thank you in advance nbsp

A:EVGA USB VGA Adapter, just a little question

This can't be THAT tricky of a question, someone has to know. Please help me out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-usb-vga-adapter-just-a-little-question.107069/
Relevancy 36.98%

i just bought a new EVGA 6800gt off of ebay and i want to know if it is possible to remove the stock heatsink and turn it 180 degrees and reattach it. if some could find a pic of the underside of the heatsink it would help me out alot. the reason i want to do this is because i have a pci slot fan and i want to use it to suck the hot air from the video card

A:Nvidia EVGA 6800gt heatsink

You might be able to get some pics off google.

However, without checking, I'd have to say no. From experience, their heatsinks were manufactured to fit the graphics card and RAM, which are of different heights. Therefore, the underside of the heatsink isn't flat... and you get the idea hopefully.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-6800gt-heatsink.105938/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi fellas, im wanting to build a PC for gaming and im not sure which way to go. Im a bit new at choosing my components and was wondering what you guys thought. The Asus Striker 790i or the EVGA 790i? Or any other mobo ideas?

Ive currently ordered a Q9450 CPU.

Once ive chosen the motherboard another problem im going to have is the DDR3 ram. I havent got a clue which goes best with what. Any help would be appreciated!

A:EVGA or ASUS

Heard a lot more complains on the striker then on the EVGA. So...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-or-asus.103875/
Relevancy 36.98%

I know that 8800GT is definitely a better one, but I'm not sure about the manufacturer, what are your experiences with Club3D, and is it better to give 30EUR more and get this card instead of 9600GT.
I don't plan to buy anotherone in 2-3 years and I have 19" LCD wide...
BTW, I will use E4600, so will it enable me to use 8800GT to its full potential?

This is the model in question
Club3D CGNX-G882DDF 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 HDTV TV+2DVI 600/1800

A:Club3D 8800GT vs EVGA 9600GT SC

Yes, the 8800GT will be used to its potential, although i would get a BFG. just personal choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/club3d-8800gt-vs-evga-9600gt-sc.101846/
Relevancy 37.41%

A buddy of mine ordered a 8800gs and I was wondering if a fan from an 8800gt fit on his card. The reason I ask is that I am about to install an aftermarket cooler for my 8800gt and I was thinking about giving him the fan off of mine. My guess is it will work, but I might as well ask. Thanks in advance.

A:Will a fan from a EVGA 8800gt fit on a XFX8800gs?

I suppose it will... After your friend tries to install it, tell us how it went

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-fan-from-a-evga-8800gt-fit-on-a-xfx8800gs.100924/
Relevancy 36.98%

i just got my motherboard RMA d after a power outage i plugged it and when i powered it mother RMA'd DOA? 680i Board EVGA Just on a spark flew from my video card so i knew that my video card was probbably fried so i bought a brand new GT plugged everything in again started it up and nothing there is not a video signal at all my mother board being a EVGA i A has a cool little DEBUG led and all im getting on it is - - when Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? my computer was up and running i usally got FF Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? witch i checked on the manual is Boot since Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA? i get a Random - - that is not even in my mother board manual i think that it might be dead on arrival the computer powers up and my fans start running my brand new graphics card starts up and the mobo lights come on another thing about the mother board lights when i would start up my computer before i had the power outage i would only get a BLUE led which would come on when there was power to the system and a Green light that would come on when i powered on now i get those two and a orange one that i think hads a label of J if anyone can help me out with this the things that ive done I reset the bios using a jumper that my mobo manual said I took out the board and re set it in my case I made sure that all my connections were good while i wait for an reply from someone i am going to reset my CPU on the mother board nbsp

A:Just RMA'd EVGA 680i mother Board DOA?

Well, it is likely dead, but dead due to what happened, rather than dead upon arrival.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-rmad-evga-680i-mother-board-doa.100659/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just upgraded from a fx to a gs The is a big buggy when I play games Normal 7600GS problems EVGA graphics is normal such as on desktop or media etc But whenever I play games stuff like this EVGA 7600GS problems happens like in the screen shot The card is not overclocked I uninstalled the previous drivers and downloaded and installed the new ones Reseated the card in the AGP slot and unplugged and replugged in the pin molex power on the card I ran ATI tools and I scanned for artifacts and none were found at default clock I found that really weird since the graphics on games were screwing up One thing I did notice was that on the show d view tab on atitools the sample graphic was screwed up Missing pieces and lines all over the place Another wierd thing was that Everest home edition does not give any info in the GPU and AGP PCI tabs It only gives info under the Windows Video and Computer summary tabs However GPU-Z and all other OCing programs detects the card fine Could this be a bad card Or maybe my AGP slot drivers need to be updated Any insights would be very much welcome nbsp

A:EVGA 7600GS problems

What are your system specs? What is the computer that the video card is plugged into?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7600gs-problems.98614/
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm trying to OC my EVGA 7600GS with Ati tools. I updated my drivers and now when I open up Ati tools, the low power 3d clock is at 0 Mhz. My 2D and 3D are at default clock. I can't change the low power 3d clock speeds. Is the newest forceware drivers blocking OCing for the low 3d power clock?

A:EVGA 7600GS OCing ATItools question

try using nTune to overclock the card, i had to do this with my 8800gts.
i had the same thing happen with the ATITool, it showed 0 core mhz / 0 memory mhz

you can get nTune here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html
its strait from nvidia, so its safe to use, just dont over do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7600gs-ocing-atitools-question.98574/
Relevancy 36.12%

Well i have just ordered a few new items for my pc, to allow me to play cod4, crysis etc
on high details. I was wandering as my motherboard has an unbuilt graphics card if i would have to disable this somehow? and if so anyone help me with that? Or wether it would just go straight in and be used instead of the inbuilt card. If anyone could please help with this matter i would much appreciate it! My cards due on Wed-Fri. Thanks MoiRa

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-new-evga-geforce-8800gt-superclocked-work-under-a-m2n-mx-motherboard.98422/
Relevancy 36.55%

Which MOBO should I get and why?

EVGA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard

Link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2945260&Sku=E145-2012

vs

Intel 975XBX2KR Motherboard

Link:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2563503&Sku=I69-2145

The main reasons I am considering them are value (features for the price -around $200) and expandability (as many PCI express slots as I can get)....Any opinions/experiences appreciated! Thanks!

A:EVGA nForce 680i SLI vs Intel Bad Axe mobo

u say PCI express slots and as having a lot of old computers with good components I look for boards with more PCI slots to use.

Good Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nforce-680i-sli-vs-intel-bad-axe-mobo.98326/
Relevancy 36.12%

2 questions really... Is it hard to replace the fan/heatsink on the card? Is it done? If so, what kind of fan/heatsink am I looking for?
I'm planning to overclock it, not severely, just slightly if any.
Did some scouring on the forums and some searching, couldnt find an answer so anything that will lead me in the right direction would be awesome.

thanks,
C

A:Aftermarket Cooling options for EVGA GeForce8800GTS (G92) 512mb

At this point I'm going to say finding an after market cooler should be fairly easy, but I don't have an example yet.

The review.

The product. but not in stock at Newegg at the moment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/aftermarket-cooling-options-for-evga-geforce8800gts-g92-512mb.98003/
Relevancy 35.69%

Just wondering before i buy. Dont wanna come home and find out its not compatible with vista.

A:Does the eVGA e-GeForce 7300 GS Graphics Card compatible with Vista?

What do you mean by compatible ? Do you simply want a card that will allow you to enable the Aero effects of Vista ? Try looking in this LIST.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-the-evga-e-geforce-7300-gs-graphics-card-compatible-with-vista.95605/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey guys and gals,

I bought this mobo back in July and have not used it yet. It's the A1 680ISLI and I am not sure if It supports the new PCI 2.0 interface. Any suggestions/Answers???

THX

A:Does the EVGA 680ISLI MOBO support the 8800GT

The 8800GT should be a PCI-e x16 interface, so as long as the mobo has that then you'll be fine.

Basically everything you can get these days has PCI-e x16 on it so it will most likely be ok

If you're not sure, google for pictures and compare what you have on the board.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-the-evga-680isli-mobo-support-the-8800gt.95334/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have purchased a eVGA 7900GS PCI-E video card. I also have an eMachine T6528 which uses the MS-7207 Motherboard. It has the intergrated VGA card with Geforce 6100. I placed the eVGA 7900GS, but I got no signal from it. I still have signal from my intergrated VGA card. I set my primary video card to PCI Express on the BIOS. It still does not see the new card, any clue for me? Thanks.

A:Help With EVGA 7900GS

Hello, ken123, and welcome to Techspot :wave:

Please take a moment to read the following threads to make your experience here as enjoyable as possible

Message for all newcomers

SNGX1275's Guide to making a good post/thread

The Techspot FAQ

If you could take a minute to fill in some of your profile information that would be helpful to all members of the forum
Knowing someone's location in the world can be extremely helpful, even if you just put a country.

Also remember to post any problems or questions that you have in the appropriate forums

With regards to your problem, did you disable the integrated card? You said that you set the PCI-e to the primary but i don't know if this is the same thing or not.

To disable the integrated graphics in Windows: Right click on your My Computer icon, click Properties. Open the Hardware tab and press the Device Manager button. Expand the Display Adapters section and double click the built in graphics. On the drop down menu at the bottom, change it to Disable and make sure that the PCI-e graphics is set to Enable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-evga-7900gs.94356/
Relevancy 37.41%

Ok i recently brought a brand new gtx installed with EVGA new 8800GTX problems it into my pc and ran problems with new EVGA 8800GTX dmark to compare the increased performance Running my previous GS i had obtained comfortable scores of gt with a little tweaking of core and memory of the GPU With the GTX installed at stock speeds this dropped to - I originally thought this would be driver related and rather than using the drivers EVGA website suggest i dropped back to the ones the official nvidia site gives no change score were still around k ish Wondering problems with new EVGA 8800GTX if the PSU might be at fault i tried both changing the wiring and even switched in the older w PSU i had Again no change still way below expected benchmarks Incidently the fps on world of warcraft had also dropped from ish on the old gpu to - on the gtx Riva tuner shows the GPU to be running at stock speeds on core shader clock and memory clock Have tried altering settings on the GTX with riva tuner and have had some success with this although this doesnt provide any siginificant improvement and certainly doesnt bring the scores up to the k ish mark i should be expecting My system is as follows - Windows XP professional Gigabyte DS R motherboard Pentium core duo E running at Ghz o c Gb geil black dragon pc ram x gb sticks Thermaltake toughpower w PSU and ofc EVGA nvidia G GTX gpu With the GTX installed i have also had an odd period when frequencies on the gpu core and memory dropped to below half stock speeds and have experienced or random blue-screen crashes usually when running d applications My question i guess is what else could be wrong what could i do about it And i guess most importantly does anyone have suggestions for diagnostic tools or programs with which i could locate the problem EVGA have offered return or replacement under their RMA warrenty but i would like to be sure before incurring the expense of shipping the card back to them and any help would be gratefully appriciated nbsp

A:problems with new EVGA 8800GTX

8800gtx

ok my friend , look the 8800GTX is an amazing card with a high level of next genaration grafix, you should check if you PCI slot is runnig at 16x and also that you DX is up to date , the 8800GTS is only 3600 rand or less , you waited money on that card why did'nt you just buy the 8800GTS the clock core is the same and the memory is just a little bit less i mean ok half the amount , but if you have about 1.5 to 2 GB of ram it shaouldnt matter. allso make sure that they did'nt trick you when you bought the card , try computers only they have grate prices >>> , ,because my dad purchased the 8800GTS and he plays gothic3,bioshock,quake wars, eany other new game full grafix at a wounderfull 50+ frame rate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-new-evga-8800gtx.90245/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello I have an Nvidia eVGA gt graphics card running the latest Forceware drivers I play an online shooter called WarRock games (eVGA) quite in often Nvidia freezing 7600gt much like CounterStrike For some Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games reason Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games when I am in game the game will Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games just suddenly freeze for a period of about seconds to minute and then go back to working just fine This will happen several times during the game When the game freezes I can still hear sound It does not freeze when in just regular Windows OS Why would it be doing this I have not had a chance to test it in other games but my friends say that they have never experienced a freeze up like that in WarRock Any solutions I have had this card for about - months and have never had it happen It has only now started happening Also one other question about the fan on a GPU Is it supposed to suck air inward toward the card or blow outward away from card Thanks nbsp

A:Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games

Firstly, what are your pc specs? To your question about fans, some are designed to blow air out the back of your case, but most fans blow air off of your card by either blowing cooler air towards your card or blowing hot air off the heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-evga-7600gt-freezing-quite-often-in-games.82621/
Relevancy 36.55%

hello i am running a e6400 (not overclocked havent got around to it yet jusst got this board on thursday.and speed fan reports my proccesor is 40c which is very hard to belive.because i have my proccesor liquid cooled also how the proccesor be 40c when the thermal sensors for the cores inside the processor are only 30c.correct me if im wrong but i think the sensors on the board are incorrect i rather trust the intel sensors inside the prccesor also on my old Gigabyte 965p-dq6 my cpu heat reading was always cooler than the cores so could it possibly be that my proccesor is colder than the cores on my proccesor?

A:EVGA Nforce 680i thermal sensors

So are there any updates to this question? What have you found out so far?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nforce-680i-thermal-sensors.87575/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am about too build this new prebuild build mobo evga any 680i suggestions please?Thanx on new pc EVGA i mobo Intel e processor Evga gtx gigs kingston hyper x ddr mhz samsung and new build on evga 680i mobo any prebuild suggestions please?Thanx western digital gig HD sata g s zero therm btf cpu cooler thermal right hr- vga cooler cooler master new build on evga 680i mobo any prebuild suggestions please?Thanx cosmos case pc power and cooling quad power asus dvd super multi w lightscribe drives I was just wondering if any other tech geeks out there might have any prebuild suggestions for me i already downloaded latest bios and latest video drivers and have both burnt on disks Oh i also have artic silver ceramiqe thermal paste for all cooler instals Yea i would just be very greatful if anyone having any thoughts that could help this build go smooth would be greatly appreciated These forums have helped me in the past and i even may have helped a few people although im not realy a pro at this stuff this pc will only be my second build and i just spent a good bit of cash so i dont want mess any thing up one again thanks for any replys too this post live healthy and game hard all nbsp

A:new build on evga 680i mobo any prebuild suggestions please?Thanx

Take it easy, one step at a time, keep kids away, watch for static, think before you act and then think again. If in doubt, build the whole thing outside the case and boot it up before fitting it for the final time.
When you have built hundreds of them you will wonder what all the fuss is about, but I remember the fear of the first build and all that cash just waiting to burn away!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-on-evga-680i-mobo-any-prebuild-suggestions-please-thanx.88271/
Relevancy 36.98%

This is my first computer i ve ever built and im having drives 680i 122-ck-nf68 cd and EVGA trouble finding a logical way to connect my CD drive to my motherboard Right now i have my hard drive IDE connector plugged in then im using one of the connectors into my hard drive and the cd drives and EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i other into my cd drive Im pretty sure that this isn t the right cd drives and EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i way to do it but my motherboard only has IDE connector Im using an EVGA -CK-NF -A Are there newer CD drives that dont require an IDE connection or something Also when i boot up i get past the bios then when the Windows logo comes on the screen i get a blue screen but it goes off my screen so quickly that i cant even get a glimpse of what it says Im using an old hard drive that already has windows xp installed on it but i dont have the CDs handy Do i have to get them and boot up using the cds specs EVGA -CK-NF -A ATX Intel Intel Core Quad Q GHz x MB L Cache gb OCZ Gold ddr ABS w power supply BFG gtx mb bit gb Segate Barracuda rpm nbsp

A:cd drives and EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i

Heh, my last version of windows wasnt genuine but i guess ill go out and buy it =p. So what im thinking is i should go out buy a new hard drive, a copy of windows xp. The new hard drive shouldnt use a IDE interface right? If thats the case then i'll keep my old hard drive connected using the IDE as a slave then transfer all my stuff onto the new one then disconnect the old one.

oh and im in the US btw

thanks for the reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-drives-and-evga-122-ck-nf68-680i.86990/
Relevancy 36.55%

I was looking at the EVGA Nvidia 7950GT KO 512MB GDDR3 for my Dell 8400.

But it comes with a 6 pin power cord, how come?

Shouldnt I be able to slap this into the PCI-E slot and be good to go?

Thanks.

A:EVGA Nvidia 7950GT KO 512MB GDDR3

Nope, it needs extra power. PCIe can only supply 65W (I think...) the card requires more than that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-7950gt-ko-512mb-gddr3.86633/
Relevancy 36.98%

I just put my first build together about a month ago and i couldent quite figure out how to flash the bios. i downloaded the Drivers from EVGA's website but im pertty sure that it did not even touch the bios.

can anyone give me a suggestion?

A:Need Help Updating my Bios on my EVGA mobo

Most of the time when you flash the bios, you need to transfer them to a 3.5 floppy disk. Then stick the disk in the A drive, shut it down and restart. When it reboots, it will go into DOS momentarily and flash the bios. It should then reboot, at which time you need to remove the disk. It should then restart in the normal mode. Even though EVGA has a program built into the motherboard utilities to download and flash in Windows mode, sometimes the bios just won't flash correctly OR the bios just won't catch. I had an EVGA 590 SLI and had the same problem. The program just wouldn't work directly from the internet or by saving the file in Windows. I had to transfer to a disk and flash the bios as above. One of the best utilities for flashing the bios in Windows has to be ASUS. Since I upgraded my board, I've upgraded the bios 2 revisions and haven't had a problem as of yet. ASUS rocks!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-updating-my-bios-on-my-evga-mobo.86410/
Relevancy 36.98%

i been looking at both of these motherboards and i want to know which one should i get

A:EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 or ASUS P5N32-E SLI

For me the preferred choice is the ASUS every time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-122-ck-nf68-a1-or-asus-p5n32-e-sli.85369/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey everyone I decided instead of spending all the extra money on having someone build First monster My Build!~ Core/EVGA ~ Quad your computer or buying a wayyy over priced dell compaq something along those lines i would finally build my own Im years old and pretty much love computers to death haha I have a very very fair amount of computer knowledge so its not like im walking into somthing i have no idea about I just wanted to see the reaction about what im doing and about my selection of parts so here we go haha Case Raidmax Smilodon Mid-Sized Tower Processor Q Intel Quad My First Build!~ Quad Core/EVGA monster ~ Core Tech Conroe ghz CPU Cooler Tuniq Tower Motherboard EVGA nForce i SLi Ram Twin-X Corsair PC- mhz low timing ram GB Power Supply OCZ GameXstream Watt Video Card EVGA GTS MB Not SLi yet img src images icons new prekesh-wink png class mceSmilie alt title Wink DVD R W Both ASUS w Lightscribe Technology Hard-drive Seagate gb RPM Here are some pictures of the build so far This is all i have so far Mobo and PSU and Case So watch around for me to add more stuff Thanks for looking nbsp

A:My First Build!~ Quad Core/EVGA monster ~

Looks like you know your stuff, and is too late to change the OCZ, which is the only weak link I see in your system.
Let us know how it is working from time to time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-build-quad-core-evga-monster.83481/
Relevancy 36.12%

I just recently bought a new motherboard and processor I wanted to get an Intel e processor so I went with the EVGA nVidia i motherboard I ll post the exact model once I get home I already had an existing machine so I reinstalled Windows XP Pro bit after replacing my parts Everything seemed to run just fine but once I have Windows loaded neither of the Gigabit LAN ports are recognized I figured that they were disabled in BIOS so I made sure they were enabled That EVGA nVidia detected not 680i motherboard LAN ports didn t help so I figured that I would have to install drivers After doing that I still have no network connections Ipconfig shows nothing either I didn t have a lot of EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected time after I finished the build so I haven t yet played around any further than what I described above but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what the problem is I m not currently with the machine but I ll edit my post accordingly once I get there and I ll post anything else I try as well As usual any help is appreciated P S Does anyone know what the normal or load temps that a stock e will run at No problems just curious nbsp

A:EVGA nVidia 680i motherboard LAN ports not detected

you need to install the motherboard drivers. Usually supplied with the mobo. You may need to download Win64 versions (if available)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-680i-motherboard-lan-ports-not-detected.83286/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello. I have a evga 7900 gs ko. I need some advice on how to fully maximize my video card's performance. For some reason i can't even get a constant 100 fps on cs. I want to know if it's that is vista decreasing the performance, and how i could fix it. I also want to know the best 3D settings on the Nvidia Forceware Control Panel

Using a Gateway GT5404 =/

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

A:eVGA 7900 GS KO advice

Your performane is of course depending on your cpu, ram menory, etc. Post your particulars and perhaps someone may have some input regarding that. Your graphics fps is being brought down by whatever is your weakest link. You undenialably have a quick GPU. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7900-gs-ko-advice.82233/
Relevancy 31.39%

Well i got nvidia evga 8800 gts 320 mb i went to nvidia.com and got the newest drivers which are 7.15.11.5824 and i went to evga and seen they have 158.45 should i go there and download theres or stick with these?

A:Question about nvidia drivers and evga drivers

Why not try both... I doubt that it makes a lick of difference. The first one that dosn't give you the blue screen of death is the one to use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-nvidia-drivers-and-evga-drivers.79761/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hows the overall quality and performance of this card i got the 320 mb version to this brand new sealed and want to know shall i pop this in or get a 620 mb etc Any info would be great Thanks in advanced

A:Evga nvidia 8800 gts Questions.

From what ive heard the difference between the two versions only shows above 1600x1200 resolutions, and thats just framerates. I suppose it depends on the game also but from my research thats been the only difference. Last week I just upgraded from a vanilla 6800 to a EVGA superclocked 8800gts 320MB and I haven't found anything to complain about yet. Performance in Vista isnt up to par yet but thats true for all Nvidia cards, they generally perform 10-20% worse in Vista than they do in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nvidia-8800-gts-questions.79682/
Relevancy 36.98%

I installed the drivers from the cd works etc.i go to the net download and install but when restarted pc gets a error about out of ranged change display mode to 1680x1050 @ 60 ghz so i cant see anything until i do a system restore.it seems the drivers arent being installed and removing my first set of drivers with the that resolution on it..any help please

A:Help installing evga 8800 drivers

Hey RUDEBWOY, If your willing to try my suggestion
Never install a driver from the provided cd, outdated. Go here:
Vista
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html
XP
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_158.22.html

re-download new driver, save it to your desktop
un-install all video drivers (go to control panel/programs)
nvidia should be listed as nvidia drivers, ati as catilyst---something like that
re-boot your system and allow the generic windows driver to install
run install program you downloaded from your desktop
if that doesn't work you'll need a driver-cleaner program, I believe there are free versions floating around, google for it
good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-installing-evga-8800-drivers.79711/
Relevancy 37.84%

I just updated my drivers on my new evga 8800 gts 320 mb and when it restarted im getting an error about out of ranged change display mode to 1680x1050 @ 60 ghz i cant get into windows to do anything cause that error keeps coming up with a black screen nor can i change anything on my monitor settings i can get into safe mode tho please help asap!

A:Help evga error!

it seems that what i go to nvdia it uninstalls my old drivers which removes the 1080 display mode and when its restarted its gone so it cant boot from there any ideas how to work around this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-evga-error.79699/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just got my EVGA GeForce 7800 GS 256MB AGP video card a few hours ago and it didn't come with the installation CD and manual (yes, I've checked the box thoroughly). I think it's gonna take about a week for my CD to arrive, so I was wondering if I could install the video card without it and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

A:EVGA video card came with no CD

Yes, you can....all you have to do is disable the current drivers, shut down the computer, and then install the card. When you turn the computer back on, go to www.nvidia.com, and then download the latest drivers .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-video-card-came-with-no-cd.78960/
Relevancy 36.98%

I can't find any reviews comparing the g80 gtx superclocked to my current sli set, Just curious to know how it would compare. If anyone can find some good links with fps on a current game, like FEAR or something like that I'd appreciate. Or just any general 2 cents would do, thx.

/input come on people

A:BFG 7950 512 SLI vs EVGA g80 superclocked single

If SLI GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB cards can't beat a single 8800 GTX then your card (Slightly under the 7900 GTX) can't.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bfg-7950-512-sli-vs-evga-g80-superclocked-single.78133/
Relevancy 37.41%

Can anyone that has used this program or system please give me a brief description on how it works.

A:evga upgrade progam

Its pretty limited/restrictive.

Basically you buy a card, and if within 90 days of purchase you want a better card you can do it, you have to send your card back in perfect condition with everything it came with (you have to have bought it from a dealer on their list) and then you pay the difference in cost between the new card and what you originally paid for the old.

ALL The details here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-upgrade-progam.78444/
Relevancy 38.27%

I noticed on newegg.com that all eVGA products were renamed to EVGA. I found this strange and I prefer the eVGA name over the EVGA name. But I was wondering if the name is eVGA or EVGA. I guess it really doesn't matter, but I kind of care.

Anyway because of neweggs change in names I thoughh the correct name is EVGA. Yet in my eVGA e-GeForce 7900 GS KO 256MB (and thats how I believe it should be named. Sorry cfitzarl) manual it is called eVGA.

Anyway, you known the question.

A:Is it eVGA or EVGA

If you head over to evga.com, then you see that it is EVGA all over the place. Maybe they decided to change the spelling at some point?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-evga-or-evga.77947/
Relevancy 36.98%

im working on a EVGA GeForce 7600 GS and the cooling fan is got a bad bearing and i have searched and searched for a replacementy for it and it seems they r not out there?!?

seems that it would be a common fix?!?

anybody have any suggestions??

A:cooling fan for a EVGA GeForce 7600 GS

Contact EVGA. If you recently purchased the card within the past 30 days, they should ship you a new fan for your card.If not, you'll have to try and match one up from an older graphics card. This may or may not work. For the time being, take off the case and place a fan as close to your case as possible to keep the temps down. This is only a temp fix, but it will buy you some time to find the correct fan.
There are also graphics card fans that plug into a pci slot specifically designed to cool the card. The run around $$20 US and some work better than the onboard fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cooling-fan-for-a-evga-geforce-7600-gs.73286/
Relevancy 36.55%

I was looking at This mobo from EVGA and noticed tiger had the New T1 version for $20 more.

Does anyone know what the difference between these mobos is and is it worth paying the $20 extra for whatever the new T1 version is? They also have things listed like the A1 version.

A:Difference between EVGA T1 version of 680i mobo?

Usually those slight upgrades fix or repair some flaw or device driver... also you can often learn more by a Google search or just reading the specs at EVGA on each.
These slight upgrades are usually important enough to pay the extra 20 bucks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-evga-t1-version-of-680i-mobo.73882/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am planning to build a new system using the following parts AMD system? 7900 better eVGA 8800GTS 320MB? GS, my An for will be or What Athlon X Brisbane OC Biostar T-Force Motherboard Corsair XMS GB DDR - GB x Seagate Barracuda SATA- GB HDD What will be better for my system? An eVGA 7900 GS, or 8800GTS 320MB? Lite-On DVD-RW Drive X Emprex Sony DVD-RW Drive X OCZ GameXStream W PSU And either an eVGA e-GeForce GS MB or GTS MB I will be using Windows XP PRO SP I want the because of DirectX But I m going to upgrade to Vista for about a year and a half which makes it pointless to have a DX card if I m not going to have DX on the PC anyway Another reason being the fact that there are only DX cards anyway so why would I go for one if the choice will be expanded soon by nVIDIA and ATi And yes I m a nVIDIA fanboy But if an ATi card kills an nVIDIA card I ll consider it P S This will be a mid-range gaming computer with quot LCD moniter I ll be playing a lot of the new FPS games Most of which I already have but just look quot OK quot on my current PC EDIT My budget is under So removing the saves money Plus I look forward to rebates and my nest egg nbsp

A:What will be better for my system? An eVGA 7900 GS, or 8800GTS 320MB?

Well, I would stick with the 8800GTS, as I don't see many models coming out (besides the R600) for a bit. It will take time for nVidia and ATI to try and destroy each other (did anyone catch Bill Gates and Steven Jobs yes :haha:?).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-will-be-better-for-my-system-an-evga-7900-gs-or-8800gts-320mb.70639/
Relevancy 35.26%

I have a newly built machine with a EVGA NVIDIA 680i mobo, Core 2 DuoE6300, Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W Power Supply, CORSAIR XMS2 DOMINATOR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400), Maxtor MaXLine Pro 500 7H500F0 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive, ZALMAN 9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler, and BFG Tech BFGR88768GTXOCE GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 OC HDCP Video Card.
I just recently read in the Feb. issue of Maximum PC the Core 2 Duo E6300, is overclocking friendly. In that issue they overclocked it to 3.06ghz stable. I am new to the whole overclocking game. I want to use the BIOS to accomplish this task also. Can someone give me some tips? Thanks much.

A:Help! How do I overclock my Core 2 Duo E6300 to over 3ghz using EVGA NVIDIA 680i mobo

The easiest way is to start raising the FSB a little at a time and then checking stability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-how-do-i-overclock-my-core-2-duo-e6300-to-over-3ghz-using-evga-nvidia-680i-mobo.70946/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have recently purchased a new video card the NVIDIA GTS by EVGA for my first computer build Everything seems to be working perfectly except for one minor but also critical issue with the card In any game Hitman Blood Money or M amp M Dark Messiah for example the game will run for about seconds upon loading a level then it will completely freeze and will eventually either restart my computer or give me the blue Problem EVGA 8800 GTS screen of death I have updated the BIOS on my mobo and downloaded the INF file for it as well I have also tried both the EVGA drivers and NVIDIA drivers on my card as well as reinstalling the latest Direct X Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated This information may also be of use Intel BOXD XBX KR LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS MB GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Video Card KINGWIN ABT- MA W ATX V Ver W Power Supply Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit 8800 GTS EVGA Problem Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C Western Digital Raptor X WD AHFD GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive LITE-ON Black ATAPI E-IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model SHD- P S LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner With X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE Model LH- A P- Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP b ZALMAN CNPS AT Ball CPU Cooling Fan Heatsink nbsp

A:8800 GTS EVGA Problem

Could be two things:

1. Check the CPU and video card's temperature.
2. Download and run Memtest 86, and let it run for at least 7-8 passes (takes some time)

Regards :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/8800-gts-evga-problem.67509/
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a brand new EVGA 7600gt and it seems to be running really hot compared to what some other reviewers had. It runs at something like 55C idling and raises up to 74C under load. Is this normal? Other people had numbers like 50C under load. It also has a flickering problem I mentioned in another thread.

A:Another problem with EVGA card (temperature)

Do you have any fans in your system or on the card?
If not buy some from www.newegg.com and cool down your system befor it overheats and :hotbounce

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/another-problem-with-evga-card-temperature.65383/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all

Im thinking of getting a new vid card for christmas, ik now that the new DX10 cards are on there way out so im thinking of going with an EVGA card to step up in 90 days
im looknig into the 7900gs 160 dollors or 7900gt 210 dollor

now the big question is can i step up to the 8800gts in 90 days under that programe? if so is it a smooth transaction in general to step up??

thanks

A:New Video card (calling evga card owners)

has anyone done the programe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-video-card-calling-evga-card-owners.62359/
Relevancy 36.98%

Is this card a good buy?

A:eVGA Geforce FX5500 256-A8-N313-LX

Or is this better- eVGA 256-A8-N295-LX GeForce 6200 LE 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 AGP 4X/8X

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-geforce-fx5500-256-a8-n313-lx.61586/
Relevancy 37.41%

I can not decide between these two cards. The Evga is just barely faster than the PNY and I know Evga's a really good company for video cards, but so is PNY, and right now I have a PNY 7800GT. I just don't know which one to buy. I've read some reviews of people saying that the Evga is loud and uses a lot of power. As of right now I'm leaning toward the PNY.

A:GeForce 7950, PNY or Evga?

Well, I'd get EVGA. They offer a great warranty, and should make great, quality cards.

And an EVGA card will use the same power as a PNY card. I don't know what is that people talking about :unch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-7950-pny-or-evga.60023/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hey Guys,

I just got the eVGA 7600gt CO and put it in my Dell 4700 with 512MB of RAM, 2.8ghz P4, and a 80GB SATA hard drive.

When I am playing AOE3, I have the graphics options on the highest they can be, and I am only getting a top of 34fps and sometimes it dips down to like 19-21fps. Is this normal?

I also ran the Aquamark3 test and got a score of 55,801, is that normal? When I was running the test, the fps counter in the bottom barely got above 40fps.

This card is 580/1500mhz and has 256MB of RAM.

Also, in Civilization 4, I am only getting 44fps with max settings.

What do you guys think?

A:My new eVGA 7600gt CO running slower than I thought it would

best thing you can do is let the application control it, I turned everything on to full thinking thats the best thing to do but it aint the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-evga-7600gt-co-running-slower-than-i-thought-it-would.57794/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I have been looking at getting a new graphics card and was originally looking at the eVGA GT CO and KO By the way what is the difference between CO and KO and which is better Then I found out that the eVGA was having some overheating issues so I began looking at some VGA coolers for about From there I Need or help some XFX here deciding on on an eVGA 7600gt was thinking if I went to Need some help here on deciding on an eVGA or XFX 7600gt another brand such as XFX or PNY that the overheating may not happen Would you guys suggest getting an eVGA with a rd party heatsink or have you guys had great success with the stock cooler or should I get an XFX or PNY gt I am assuming that the XFX and PNY don t have as bad of overheating problems from the customer reviews Which brand is best eVGA XFX or PNY What is you guys advice to this dilemma What would you do Other suggestions are welcome Thanks guys EDIT Here are the cards I am looking at eVGA gt CO http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E gt KO http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E XFX gt http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E gt XXX http www tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId PNY gt http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Which of these do you think are best Best brand Best cooling How do you guys feel about Leadtek I have gotten some recommendations on that brand Thanks guys Feel free to make other brand suggestions also nbsp

A:Need some help here on deciding on an eVGA or XFX 7600gt

I am an eVGA fanboy... But that is becuase I love their warrenties, customer service, and I belive htey price cards very competitivly.
eVGA is my choice out of XFX and eVGA... I jsut wush they would make their boxes more.... interesting, (I.E. XFX).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-here-on-deciding-on-an-evga-or-xfx-7600gt.56548/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi All, I'm planning to buy the 7800 GS but i'm not sure which one is the best one, you suggest me to avoid the OC versions and I will, but the problem is that I heard BFG have bad reputation is it true or not? some reviews at newegg qualify BFG better than eVGA and PNY, I would like to get the eVGA but not sure, also the BFG has a pretty good deal with $50 MIR for total 249, and eVga has it for 269.99, what is your experience guys? which one is better? or is it the same from any brand, Thank you!

A:BFG, eVGA or PNY for the 7800

depends on warranty

you should check out their warranty policies
I think EVGA has a step up plan and it also lets you overclock without voiding the warranty I think

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bfg-evga-or-pny-for-the-7800.56142/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am going to upgrade to a 7600gt. i can't decide between the evga ko, co or the xfx. first of all, besides the price, what is the difference between the ko and co. And how does xfx compare to evga in quality and reliability?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130017

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150140

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130283

which is the best buy?

A:What is the difference between the evga 7600gt co and ko?

The Co is overclocked. I would go with the cheaper evga because they have a lifetime warrenty. If you want an overclocked card, you can easily over clock it yourself instead of paying $40 extra dollars.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-the-evga-7600gt-co-and-ko.56161/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am going nuts, now that a normal 7900gt is out...I am very tempted to get one. What should I do? Should I wait for Dx10 cards? Will these Dx10 cards be able to play counter-strike and my old games with good performance? Or am I better off buying a 7900gt now and selling it or passing it down to my brother later in a year or so?

Another question; if I did buy the 7900gt, would I have to reformat my computer to install it, being that I have an x300...or would DriverCleanerPro be enough?

Opinions and help needed and wanted! Thanks guys.

A:Dx10 or 7900gt (new stable evga AR one)

Another question; if I did buy the 7900gt, would I have to reformat my computer to install it, being that I have an x300...or would DriverCleanerPro be enough?Click to expand...

I`m only going to deal with your question above. This is due to the fact I don`t play games and therefore I`m not in a position to advise you on the rest of your questions.

You wouldn`t have to reformat your computer. DriverCleanerPro would definitely be enough.

Other members will be able to help you with the rest of your questions.

At least your thread has now been bumped back to the top of the forums lol.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dx10-or-7900gt-new-stable-evga-ar-one.54734/
Relevancy 36.12%

-I have an eVGA GeForce mb PCIe video card that is about months old I m using it on a Gigabyte k n-sli mobo with a w Antec Neo HE PSU -I powered up my computer like I do every day but the monitor was black it didn t blink or anything it acts like the computer is turned off -I looked at my card and the fan wasn t on is it supposed to be on all the time -I then installed an old PCI video card and took out the and the system booted up fine -I then reinstalled the but left the moniter plugged into the old PCI gpu so that I could look in Window s Device Manager to see if it was even recognizing my but the old PCI gpu doesn t display anything while the is plugged in My problem I 6 eVGA GeForce suddenly 6600 blacks out month old don t know if it s the I don t have another system to test it on or the mobo s PCIe ports which showed up fine in Device Manager Do I need a new graphics card I didn t do anything to damage it so what could have caused the problem nbsp

A:6 month old eVGA GeForce 6600 suddenly blacks out

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Try doing a clean install of Video drivers, removing all drivers first.
Check to see if there are any newer MoBo chipset drivers,
HERE

G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/6-month-old-evga-geforce-6600-suddenly-blacks-out.50392/
Relevancy 36.98%

What is the latest driver version for the 7800 GS card?

A:latest drivers for evga 7800GS

The 9.1.3.1 is the newest.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/latest-drivers-for-evga-7800gs.53454/
Relevancy 37.84%

hmm i dono what to do should i get an XFX GT CAD express shipping http www ncix com or XFX eVGA OC'ing 7600GT? or RAM?! new products index DD amp manufacture XFX Technologies amp promoid or this eVGA GT CAD express shipping http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn -P -N amp manufacture eVGA I have an eVGA GT and I really like their customer service I never have to wait more than minutes on the phone to get tech support but damn their fans are loud and GPU stays oh so warm pretty good cards with eVGA or XFX 7600GT? or new OC'ing RAM?! cood tech and customer service however XFX hmm i heard some good things just some BUT heres the catch notice the clock speeds MHZ GPU and GHZ DDR and the price is better and shipping is halfed the eVGA is doing MHZ and GHZ the GPU clock difference isnt a big deal but the DDR speed is mhz diff and improves performance quite a bit OR maybe i should get some nice OC ing ram OR how about saving my money Im planning on selling my GT for so id only need like another to get either of the top cards mentioned nbsp

A:eVGA or XFX 7600GT? or new OC'ing RAM?!

Why don't you wait a month or 2 and buy a 7800GT or GTX. with the new 7900 series out now, retailers are dumping the 7800 series at reasonable prices. I've been watching them come down in price in just the last few weeks. The diff between 1.6 and 1.5 GHz is ntohing and you won't notice it or you can just adjust this in the nVidia settings.

I have the 6600GT also and plan to upgrade to 7800 when they hit a really nice price (next few months).

ps, I can't seem to find any 512Mb 7800GT or GTX , btw, weird.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-or-xfx-7600gt-or-new-ocing-ram.46379/
Relevancy 36.98%

Im building a new system and I am ready to order... but every eVGA or XFX 7900GT is out of stock... and I noticed that they have the highest clock and memory speeds. Now, the GIGABYTE version of the 7900GT is still there but I dont want to but it if theres going to be a difference between the cards... so is there going to be a good difference between these cards? I mean, I know that the 7900 of any manufactuer has to be better then any 7800GT out there... so is the eVGA version worth waiting for?

A:eVGA 7900GT Worth the Wait?

Wait a sec... this one is in stock:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130281

This one is too:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130282

Check it out, 7600GT's speeds are almost the same as the 7900GT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130284

Weird, it's actually listed higher than the 7900GT :haha: 100 bucks less though :rolleyes: Good luck! Of course I can be wrong about the whole thing because maybe you don't use newegg.com. In that case, if you don't wanna wait, get an XFX or BFG brand (my opinion)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7900gt-worth-the-wait.46594/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am gona upgrade my comp soon to a 6600GT and an Anthlon 64 3500+ (venice) and i am lookin for a motherboard. I have a chance to snag this board for $60 (its $130 on newegg) and its brand new!
should i get it or is there somthing else for a similar price?
this is just a mild gaming rig so i definatly dont need the best
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188002

A:i can get an EVGA nForce4 SLI Edition for $60 (good deal?)

I don't know the reputation of their motherboards, all I know is EVGA have good graphic cards and it's the only one company who respect and keep the nvidia reference card models when making their cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-can-get-an-evga-nforce4-sli-edition-for-60-good-deal.44109/
Relevancy 54.61%

after many trial and errors with the fans.. i finally figured out why my PC is still so loud.. well the NB chipset cooler on this motherboard (eVGA NF43) is very loud for a little tiny fan. so i decided to replace it with passive cooling.. such as the Zalman ZM-NB47J
http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=71&code=014

Question is.. i have a 6600GT right by the chipset cooler.. will the zalman fit in there? i kno it wont with the 7800GTs but im not sure how much longer ther PCB's are on those cards.. maybe someone can help me =]

A:eVGA 6600GT + eVGA NF43 + Zalman ZM-NB47J = happy? or not?

After looking at my 6600gt, the picture of the motherboad, and the picture of the cooler, I don't think it will work. You use the blue pci-e slot right?
I guess there are several options. If your chipset stays plenty cool you could try slowing the fan either using a software program, or by using a manual fan speed controller. Or I've seen people with the same heatsink and a similar board layout cut some of the spokes(or bend them), so that it wouldn't interfere with the card. There also might be replacments with a fan that is quieter available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-6600gt-evga-nf43-zalman-zm-nb47j-happy-or-not.43205/
Relevancy 37.41%

I saw this on Newegg....AGP by the way

$109 evGA 6800xt 128MB DDR 256-bit 8 pixel pipelines
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130268

OR

$119 eVGA 6600gt 128MB GDDR3 128 bit 8 pixel pipelines
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130220

Which one do you recommend?
The 6800xt is 256 bit but is only DDR
The 6600gt is 128 bit and is GDDR3

What will give better performance?

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
512MB Corsair XMS Pro
WD 60g hard drive
Creative Audigy sound

A:What do you think...eVGA agp 6600gt or 6800xt

I would go for the 6800 since one of the reviews said he unlocked it to 16 pipes?? wowzers, research that and if its true...then take that one

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-think-evga-agp-6600gt-or-6800xt.43114/
Relevancy 36.98%

does this board support cool n quiet?

A:eVGA NF43 and AMD's cool n quiet

If it does, it should have an option like "cool and quiet: auto, disable" in the bios, set to auto to enable. Also, you need to download the amd processor driver and install it and set the pc's power scheme to minimal power management. Once that's done, it should scale back the cpu to about 1000mhz when not under load. I'd assume a modern board for amd cpus would support the feature.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-nf43-and-amds-cool-n-quiet.43122/
Relevancy 36.98%

i decided to clean off the stock TIM on my 6600GT and after cleaning it off with ArctiClean solution this came to show:

I thot it would be mirror like, but the right side of it seems to have corroded. what could be the cause of this?

heres another shot of it:

A:eVGA 6600GT core a bit uhm.. corroded?

Might've been some of the thermal grease having a bit of moist or something. And with the heat it caused that.

But that doesn't look corroded, at least not in the shots. It looks like it was scratched

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-6600gt-core-a-bit-uhm-corroded.40109/
Relevancy 34.83%

I saw a 6800 on newegg for a pretty good price, its the eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256-P2-N386 Video Card - Retail, is it any good? will it run with my pc? cud im play the latest games if i got it? heres my specs:

anthlon 64 3500 venice
2x 256 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
windows xp home edition
pci express slot
250 gb hard drive

and here is a link to my mobo:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=ca&product=1148036&dlc=en&docname=c00496280

well wud this card run on my pc, and is it a good card? i might also need a new PSU seeing as my current one is only 300 watt, and i dunno if i got money for that, also if i had more cash i wud add another 512 mb ram, in case, what kind of ram do u guys think I should get?

A:can my system handle the eVGA Geforce 6800GS 256-P2-N386 Video Card - Retail

Yes your motherboard could run it, yes it is a good card, yes you will need a new psu (I suggest the Antec TruepowerII 550) and yes, you need more ram. You have enough ram to run all of the modern games, but only in lower settings. If that's ok, then get the card and a psu.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-system-handle-the-evga-geforce-6800gs-256-p2-n386-video-card-retail.39470/
Relevancy 37.41%

ok here my situation I have an old PC and i am upgrading now the 133-K8-NF43 need Mobo help eVGA .. only thing i took from the old PC is the RAM sticks and the DVD CD burner AAAAANND the harddrive mobo vid card CPU PSU are all new now my motherboard is the NF so I am eVGA 133-K8-NF43 Mobo .. need help aware that I pretty much have to have a clean install of XP so eveerything works fine neway I installed the mobo on the new caase i didnt touch the jumpers theyre all on default because I heard default settings is the normal user setting I connect pin ATX V rail and the video card I plugged in my old harddrive and my CD DVD burner I boot up the computer and it says Floppy failed to boot so I press F to continue n skip that then it says something about hardware conflicts or somethin so it asks me if boot in safe mode last known good configs start normally now at this point i cannot choose because the keyboard wouldnt work neway i tried another way I inserted XP CD restarted and set the CD room to boot and it did but then at the point where it ssays quot press any key to boot from CD quot none of the keys work its like the keyboards got no power or something can anyone plz help me out i really want to get this thing up n running nbsp

A:eVGA 133-K8-NF43 Mobo .. need help

What kind of keyboard are you using, usb, or ps2?

Can you get into bios?

Also, what is the exact error message you`re getting.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-133-k8-nf43-mobo-need-help.38085/
Relevancy 36.98%

eVGA 133-K8-NF41 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813188002

i was looking around and it seems to be a good motherboard but is it better than the rest on new egg for its price range?

i made a post about this in the gamer forum and i was gonna get this with a dual core +4400 and a geforce 7800gtx but the combo deal went away so i missed my chance so i might as well start a new and get one that is worth it... just need a little help selecting the Mobo and which XP os i need.

A:Is this EvGa motherboard a good deal?

Currently I think these are better deals, but the evga was a really good deal with that promotion that expired.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128301
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130492

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-evga-motherboard-a-good-deal.33383/
Relevancy 49.45%

I ordered a 7800GTX "KO" with EVGA ACS3 cooling (bigger cover for heatsink fan and card) I also will have it as well the cpu on liquid cooling I am hoping to get near 2.7-2.8 alot with same core doing 2.7 - 3.0 on 64x2 4800 and not going to oc the already higher 490/1300

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-7800gtx-ko-490-1300-evga-acs3-cooling.33336/
Relevancy 37.84%

The other day I installed an eVGA 6800 128MB standard card and am having a problem with jumping, flickering textures in specific areas of BF2 maps (e.g. railroad/bridge of Karkand map, and individual areas of others). I have all the latest drivers installed and bios flashed, and think its time to return this otherwise awesome card to sender.
If anyone has any ideas, it would save me a lot of trouble.

I have...
GA-KN8 Pro, NVidia N3 driver, AC'97
1 Gig DDR 400
Athlon 3200+
Halitosis (Just kidding)

A:eVGA BF2 problem

Here check this out

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce_6800_unlocking/page2.asp

If you can do this your card will be Pretty close to a Geforce 6800 GT....
All the Geforce 6800 cards are based on the NV40 technology... The only prob is that ultra and GT have 16 pixel pipelines compared to 6800's (vanialla) 12 pixel pipeline...

if you can unlock the other 4 you may see some improvements ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/evga-bf2-problem.31975/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok got a brand new eVGA mb GeForce GT card from Newegg yesterday I stayed up until AM working with Think GeForce issue me....eVGA 6600GT on this thing and could not get it to work What happens I ve Think with me....eVGA GeForce 6600GT issue got the latest drivers from nVidia installed I take out my existing LE plug in the GT making sure to plug in a power dongle to the card as is recommended When I fire up my computer the video will have severe issues the BIOS boot text shows up skewed some of the letters are randomly replaced by numbers and gray streaks XP will Think with me....eVGA GeForce 6600GT issue start to boot but there will be vertical blue lines on the black loading screen As soon as it boots into windows boom BSoD I ve tried this on different systems System Biostar M VIP mobo VIA KT chipset gig Kingston DDR AMD Athlon XP Thorougbred stock speeds gig Maxtor IDE HD RPM w PSU w PSU swapped in Windows XP Pro w SP System Biostar M NCD-Ultra mobo Nvidia nForce chipset mb OCZ DDR AMD Athlon XP Barton stock speeds x gig Seagate IDE HD s w PSU w PSU swapped in Windows XP Pro w SP I ve been beating myself up trying to figure out what s going on I tried switching the PSU s between the systems with no luck so I assume it s not either of my PSU s The error is the same on both machines the same BSoD This is the card http www newegg com product product asp item N E Am I missing something simple Help me out if you can nbsp

A:Think with me....eVGA GeForce 6600GT issue

Maybe you got a dud card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/think-with-me-evga-geforce-6600gt-issue.29318/