Windows Support Forum

Laptop freezes randomly

Q: Laptop freezes randomly

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.
Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
HDD WD 500 GB
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,
Ninja

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop freezes randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop freezes randomly

My questions and doubts:

How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

Observations:

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Ninja

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-randomly.180287/
Relevancy 61.49%

Posting in the correct section - Sorry!

Relevancy 61.49%

Dear Bleeping Computer,
Recently my laptop has been acting strange. It keeps freezing especially when I am running multiple processes at the same time. It is only 2 years old though and I have been rather careful with it. Last May it got slow and used to freeze again but the problem got solved on its own.

I am very worried that it may be a hardware issue but I would like to eliminate the possibility that it may be a software clash.
I have heard of your site from many of my friends and having read a lot of forum posts it looks like you guys know what you are doing.

Patiently awaiting a response,

Thanks in advance,

Tv

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353409/laptop-freezes-randomly/
Relevancy 61.49%

My laptop over heats and freezes. Sometimes it freezes even when im surfing the web for no apparent reason?
if someone can help would appreciate it.

A:Laptop freezes randomly

Hello and welcome jpatel first and foremost mate some syetm specs would be handy I know it is a Lenovo but what model and RAM CPU etc etc see
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html

Now run this too and so we can determine the temps http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download download from piriform

One thing you can do is to turn over the laptop and shine a very bright light into the air intake aperture (you will see the fan there) and then while doing that look at the outlet vent on the end of the laptop you should see the light quite clearly shining through the cooling " radiator" if no it is clogged and will need cleaning as will probably the fan opening.
You can do this by blowing it out using a compressed air can in short bursts.
BUT ONE WORD OF WARNING DO NOT blow the air into the fan opening without inserting say a plastic rod or large cable tie to stop the fan from spinning as the air blast will spin the fan at a very high speed and one that it is not designed to take and may wreck the bearing!!

PS Just to give you a rough idea what is inside a laptop in general

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323110-laptop-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My laptop could work for days without any problems, allowing me to shut down properly and restart. The next time it may or may not freeze up. If it freezes up it could be anywhere from minutes to hours. I could be running programs or not, it doesn't seem to matter. On a couple of occasions I received 4 beeps when turning on computer. This is a rare occurrence. The 4 beeps seems to mean a problem with the processor. Before I spend a fortune I want to properly identify my problem. I installed software that put stress on the CPU and everything worked fine. I ran HW Monitor and the temperatures are all normal. I looked at Windows Error Reporting under System Information and there are numerous error, mostly faulting application name mscorsvw.exe. I hope you can help me.

A:Laptop Freezes Up Randomly

Try a clean startup - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Then see Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374095-laptop-freezes-up-randomly.html
Relevancy 61.49%

First here is the url for the Speccy analysis of the offending laptop - http speccy piriform com results randomly Win freezes 7 laptop h eqw nYqnvOuirakwuwdY L top runs for about an hour then either the keyboard mouse touchpad freeze up in the middle of a task or it shuts down to a nice blue screen but not a BSOD It can be restarted soon after by powering up opening at the Safe mode choices screen where I use 'Open Windows normally ' We're back to the desktop An hour or so later produces a repeat performance Thought it was possibly overheating ran Speedfan with nil problems Also ran the usual C Cleaner Spybot and Malwarebytes with no indicated problems Also updated the video Win 7 laptop freezes randomly driver Then ran Minitools with the following result which is a bit unnerving MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by joxter administrator on - - at Running from C Users joxter Downloads Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Model HP G Notebook PC Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source MsiInstaller User joxter-HP Win 7 laptop freezes randomly Description Product CCC Help Dutch -- Error An installation for Microsoft NET Framework is currently suspended You must undo the changes made by that installation to continue Do you want to undo those changes Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name HPMSGSVC exe version time stamp x f fa Faulting module name HPMSGSVC exe version time stamp x f fa Exception code xc Fault offset x f Faulting process id x Faulting application start time xHPMSGSVC exe Faulting application path HPMSGSVC exe Faulting module path HPMSGSVC exe Report Id HPMSGSVC exe Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name svchost exe LanmanServer version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name srvsvc dll version time stamp x ce c ea Exception code xc Fault offset x f Faulting process id x bc Faulting application start time xsvchost exe LanmanServer Faulting application path svchost exe LanmanServer Faulting module path svchost exe LanmanServer Report Id svchost exe LanmanServer Error AM Source Software Protection Platform Service User Description Acquisition of genuine ticket failed hr x EE for template Id c -d - d - e-d ec f f Error AM Source Software Protection Platform Service User Description License acquisition failure details hr x EE Error AM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error AM Source Application Error User Description Faulting application name svchost exe LanmanServer version time stamp x a bc c Faulting module name srvsvc dll version time stamp x ce c ea Exception code xc Fault offset x f Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time xsvchost exe LanmanServer Faulting application path svchost exe LanmanServer Faulting module path svchost exe LanmanServer Report Id svchost exe LanmanServer Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error PM Source SideBySide User Description Activation context generation failed for assemblyIdentity Error in manifest or policy file assemblyIdentity on line assemblyIdentity The value of attribute language in element assemblyIdentity is invalid Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program Skype exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Action Center control panel Process ID b Start Time d f b b Termination Time Application Path C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Report Id System errors Error PM Source Servi... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604587/win-7-laptop-freezes-randomly/
Relevancy 61.49%

howdy all, i know this is probably answered in 50 different places but im looking for a quick answer.

first this first

sony viao running windows 7 home premium 32 bit
just got the work done at a store
I know your all going to say bring it back but i wanted to see if theres a quick fix i can do.
ummmmmmm, oh. originally came with vista, had 7 installed about a year ago, ran fine. had a root virus (or whatever the **** its called) got it wiped and a new 7 put on and now it freezes randomly. its not too hot there something wrong. if i had to guess it probably wasnt put on right but who knows. number for the comp is vgn-nw125j.

thanks for any help

any other info you need feel free to shout it out =)

A:HELP Laptop randomly freezes....

Might still have a rootkit infection. Depending on how you formatted the driver prior to reinstalling windows the rootkit might still be lingering.

Try running this rootkit scan
How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)?
Might also be hardware issues such as memory.
Run Memtest for 7-8 passes and report back the results
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Please also upload a report
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158528-help-laptop-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Asus G73SW-A1:
Windows 7 64-bit
Intel? Core? i7 2630QM
NVidia GTX 460M

I think it might be because of the Video drivers because I think I've seen Video_TDR_ERROR in the BSOD once or twice. I should also mention that it doesn't always save a dump file; the PC just freezes and never BSODs (I've waited for it for 20+ mins).

Anyway, I'm attaching the DMP file. Sorry if I've forgotten anything.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-freezes-randomly-646851.html
Relevancy 61.49%

As I posted in another thread http www sevenforums com crashes-d y-freezes html my computer randomly freezes But today it froze times already nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by writhziden Code Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer sacha-PC Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected To resolve the above error Event ID is logged in the Application log after you install Service Pack for Windows & randomly freezes Laptop often or Windows Server R Did this just now I hope it helps thanks nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by writhziden Code Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer sacha-PC Description The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start For the services showing dependency errors in the above event Laptop freezes often & randomly if you open the Laptop freezes often & randomly Start Menu and type Services into the Search programs and files you will get a few options Right click on the option with gears as the icon and Run as administrator Right click any services that are complaining that their dependencies are not running Click Properties Go to the Dependencies tab and in the first box a list of services that service depends on will be given Write down the services that need to start for dependencies to be resolved Make sure these services are all set to start automatically byright clicking those services clicking properties going to the General tab and making the Startup type is Automatic I followed this as you posted it but there are no services complaining that their dependencies are not running or I can't find them don't know what to look for As for the antivirus software I use a free version of Avira Antivir

A:Laptop freezes often & randomly

Code:
Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error:
The dependency service or group failed to start.
Computer Browser and Server are the two services that have dependency issues. Sorry I did not respond earlier. I did not see you had started a new thread...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226988-laptop-freezes-often-randomly.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Searched a bit on the forums but I am unable to find a solution tied to my situation perhaps I'm not confident enough freezes Laptop randomly to think so at least So I'll ask for help here Lately past two weeks my laptop has been starting to freeze occasionally whenever this happends Laptop randomly freezes is seemingly completely random I'll list what I've noticed Never happended while a game is running so far this has Laptop randomly freezes only happened when I'm browsing files or the internet Sound goes completely quiet no repeating or similar Keyboard Laptop randomly freezes stops working caps lock does not show a light Ctrl alt del does nothing screen remains frozen Only option is to perform a hard reboot through the power button No error report is shown when looking at the event viewer I have tried to let the laptop shut down acquire a bluescreen by itself when the freeze happends after two hours I've realized it's not going to happen So I'm just a newbie asking for directions in a dummy-friendly language What could the reason be and how do I handle it Thanks

A:Laptop randomly freezes

The first thing you could try is the System Restore. If you are not familiar with how to do that, there is a tutorial here System Restore Go to a date before you had the problem. This will put your PC in the exact state as of that date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316384-laptop-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Laptop info Toshiba Satellite L Intel Core i -bit Operating System Windows Freezes Laptop randomly SP This problem has been happening for a while now and i'm just getting sick of it My entire laptop will pause and the only thing that i'm able to move is my mouse I cannot click on anything while it is frozen like this Sound will continue going but the video will stop but sometimes the sound will get distorted a bit I've used things like CCleaner Disk Cleanup and Disk Defragmenter and they haven't worked I've also tried turning off visual effect but it will still freeze Any help would be nice Also I have a feeling that it might Laptop Freezes randomly have something to do with FireFox as it uses up alot of RAM when it is opened But this problem also happens when I use google chrome If anybody can tell me how to lower the usage so I can test it out would also be a big help Just Laptop Freezes randomly letting you guys know since I can't edit it it not frozen permanently only for about seconds the only thing I can do is move the arrow and I cannot type

A:Laptop Freezes randomly

Have you run anti-virus software?

Try reinstalling the display drivers you can get them here
Toshiba Satellite L675 Drivers | All Drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-randomly-619388.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I own a HP ProBook 4520s. Lately, it has been freezing randomly. But the strange thing is, it freezes only when it is not getting charged. When it freezes, the screen doesn't respond, the mouse, keyboard doesn't work and the wireless light turns off. I have to hold down the power button and hard reset it to make it work again. It works perfectly when it is getting charged.The battery is not the problem since I have replaced it few weeks ago but the problem still persist as it did before replacing the the battery. It doesn't overheat. The vents do not get blocked. I have an antivirus installed, so no chances of any virus or malware.What can be the possible causes of this freezing? What steps should I take for fixing it? Details :OS - Windows 7 (32-bit)Processor - Intel Core i3 CPU M 370 @2.40Ghz 2,40GhzRAM - 6GB (2.92GB usable) 

A:Laptop Freezes randomly when not charging.

The HP community is not helpful at all! I am leaving it. I have lost on trust in HP. I will never buy any HP product and I will not suggest others to buy HP products.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-Freezes-randomly-when-not-charging/td-p/5394869
Relevancy 61.06%

My Toshiba satellite L855-B511 is not new as brand new, but I don't always use it because it always freeze and restart, I am using windows 8. I bought new hard drive and new ram, because I was suspecting my hard disk failed me, and so I bought also a new ram. And formatted my laptop. But still it freezes and restart randomly. I don't know what to do for now. Here's the error I got from my laptop

c:\windows\minidump\090514-14937-01.dmp
c:\user\jer\appdata\local\temp\wer-63093-0.sysdata.xml
c:\windows\memory.dmp

I'm not so good with computers so bear with me. thanks

A:laptop Restart and freezes randomly

Hi Geohound87 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the dump files for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Fri Sep 5 06:29:29.693 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\090514-14937-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247

System Uptime: 0 days 6:26:39.804

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+20e51 )

BugCheck D1, {158, 2, 1, fffff88001f87ec3}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000158, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88001f87ec3, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: Agent.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_tcpip!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2395

BIOS Version 6.60

BIOS Release Date 01/14/2013

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Product Name SATELLITE L855

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Sep 5 00:02:05.605 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\090514-15093-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 1:18:33.627

Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+20e51 )

BugCheck D1, {158, 2, 1, fffff88001fd6ec3}

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000158, memory referenced
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88001fd6ec3, address which referenced memory

PROCESS_NAME: Agent.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_tcpip!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_

BIOS Version 6.60

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu Sep 4 13:30:57.421 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\090414-30718-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 5:34:33.863

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athw8x.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athw8x.sys

Probably caused by : athw8x.sys ( athw8x+107d7c )

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff88004d37d7c}

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88004d37d7c, address which referenced memory

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_athw8x+107d7c

BIOS Version 6.60

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on the system :-

Code:
**************************Fri Sep 5 06:29:29.693 2014 (UTC... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53241-laptop-restart-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have an HP Pavilion g6-1b22ca running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium and I'm having the following problems:1) Randomly freezes (mouse doesn't move, can't bring up task manager, the screen just freezes and pressing the power button to shut down is my only option)2) Shuts off when I close the lid (I have the option set to put the laptop to sleep when I close the lid, but it just shuts off)3) I've only gotten this blue screen once, and then have never had it appear again: 0x000000FE (Bugcode_usb_driver).I've ran memtest86+ for 4 passes and found no errors, I also ran the HP memory diagnostics which didn't find any errors either.Any help would be appreciated

A:HP Pavilion laptop randomly freezes

Hello the first thing that I would check if it were my machine would be the temprature.

Post a shot of the Temps with Speed fan  using the snipping tool please.
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-snipping-tool-capture-screen-shots#1TC=windows-8

Also Run the machine for a bit in safemode with networking and tell us if you get any freezing there.
http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2268

If you have no freeze in safemode then we are looking at an issue with one of your start up or services which can be fixed easily. 

Also might as well run the junkware removal tool and post the log this will give me an idea on the next steps to take as well.
http://thisisudax.org/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517766/hp-pavilion-laptop-randomly-freezes/
Relevancy 61.06%

It usualy freezes when i watch videos or play games or youtube and stuff I dunno what to do here is the hijackthis report thanks alot Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS My ASUS serious A6 Laptop Freezes randomly.. system svchost exe C WINDOWS My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly.. system My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly.. svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system fpplock exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system algssl exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Ian Dadon Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE I M PS HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe EXPLORER EXE O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts auto search msn es O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO TBSB - BDCA AC -C B- D -A - B C - C PROGRA QUICKN YOUTUB DLL O - Toolbar Youtube-Download-Convert-Toolbar - AE E C- - F - - A A A CAF - C Program Files Quicknation YouTubeDownload-Convert dll O - HKLM Run kav quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run PC Pitstop Optimize Scheduler C Program Files PCPitstop Optimize PCPOptimize exe -boot O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe -startup O - HKLM Run Warning do not remove it fpplock exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG msime exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask ex... Read more

A:My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly..

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4FB5EE3D-4385-4B9C-966E-73CEE1066A59}: NameServer = 168.95.192.1,168.95.1.1
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ATK Keyboard Service (ATKKeyboardService) - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://www.allhiphop.com/CelebImages/flicks_BET2006_tyrese_goode.gif

--
End of file - 10213 bytes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-a6-serious-laptop-freezes-randomly.86247/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi My laptop with Windows Ultimate x sometimes randomly freezes sometimes once a month sometimes once a day Not technically 7 freezes Laptop randomly Windows a Blue Screen of Death but this seems to be the right part of the forum for this This happens in the following ways Audio stops coming from the laptop several seconds later the screen freezes Several seconds later the mouse pointer disappears and I have to restart by pressing the on off button When my laptop screen is closed and when I open it the screen just stays black No sound either I have to restart by pressing the on Windows 7 Laptop freezes randomly off button It doesn't happen very often so I haven't taken any action up until now but I'm afraid it will get worse I found this thread on this forum which is about the same thing apart from the frequency Windows 7 Laptop freezes randomly and OS I have attached the same files that were asked for in that thread Solved Random Freezing Thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 Laptop freezes randomly

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/342321-windows-7-laptop-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 61.06%

This is a brief description of my laptop Time of this report Machine name Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model Compaq Presario A Notebook PC BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels --------------- Laptop randomly down freezes/shuts Display Devices --------------- Card name Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A Laptop randomly freezes/shuts down amp SUBSYS D C amp REV Since my laptop has been freezing or crashing I have looked through the event viewer and found - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Laptop randomly freezes/shuts down Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt WSearch lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ---------------------- - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt ------------ - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-HttpEvent quot Guid quot b bc c- b- -bbf - a ea fc quot EventSourceName quot HTTP quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot DeviceObject quot gt Device Http ReqQueue lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SecurityPackage quot gt Kerberos lt Data gt ------------- - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog quot Guid quot fc ddd -d ef- - d - e cfe ce quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt ... Read more

A:Laptop randomly freezes/shuts down

also this -

The COM+ Event System detected a bad return code during its internal processing. HRESULT was 8007043c from line 45 of d:\vistasp1_gdr\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services to report this error.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-EventSystem" Guid="{899daace-4868-4295-afcd-9eb8fb497561}" EventSourceName="EventSystem" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">4609</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>16</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-03-16T08:35:11.000Z" />

<EventRecordID>56476</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Fieldmont-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="param1">d:\vistasp1_gdr\com\complus\src\events\tier1\eventsystemobj.cpp</Data>

<Data Name="param2">45</Data>

<Data Name="param3">8007043c</Data>

</EventData>
</Event>
Also I did a system restore and driver update and no change

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-randomly-freezes-shuts-down.910573/
Relevancy 61.06%

I've already tested the memory with no errors, im sure its not a software issue as I had these freezes on windows 7, and yet upgrading to windows 8.1 on clean install didn't fix the problem. What else could be causing the problem. They happen quite rarely, of 2 week intervals maybe, unpredictable, so its hard to tell whether it stops...

A:Laptop freezes randomly Windows 8.1

Hi,
I am extremely sorry that this thread was not attended to. There are not many people in this field
In case you still require help, kindly respond to this thread and I will be notified via email and you should expect a response from me in 48 hours.
Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67007-laptop-freezes-randomly-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

For the past couple weeks I ll walk away from my laptop for seconds to minutes to find it completely frozen and I have to manually power it down At first I d come back to it restarting itself so I went in and checked the no auto-restart option wherever that was and now it s just freezing - no away walk when it from Laptop I freezes randomly blue screens of death So I googled the problem to death and so far I have -downloaded malwarebytes computer s clean -removed and replaced the extra RAM I installed a few months ago it caused no problems when I installed it but I Laptop randomly freezes when I walk away from it figured it couldn t hurt to just reinstall it -uninstalled and reinstalled IE because minitoolbox seemed to point to IE issues and I mainly use my laptop for internet -updated Microsoft Security Essentials because minitoolbox also said there may have been issues there -downloaded and ran Core Temp for a few days no overheating problems -reset my internet connection by unplugging replugging it in That I thought had worked for two days But it s happening again even with Laptop randomly freezes when I walk away from it resetting the connection again -tried googling every minitoolbox error code and gotten hopelessly confused I m getting really annoyed with the randomness and not being able to fix this And worrying that every time I force it to power down I m hurting it and that there might be something unfixable happening Please help Please Below is the TSG SysInfo recommended and I just ran minitoolbox with everything checked except IP configuration because it seemed to have info that could be used to trace my location and have attached the log Thank you for any help Truly thank you Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO ZU Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Laptop randomly freezes when I walk away from it

How is the computer behaving in Safe Mode?

If all is well in that mode, you should try running a Clean Boot troubleshooting procedure to hopefully isolate an application causing the problem. Run it for Startup items, Services. Also rule out any scheduled tasks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-randomly-freezes-when-i-walk-away-from-it.1143442/
Relevancy 61.06%

This is a brief description of my laptop Time of this report Machine name Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build freezes/shuts down Laptop randomly Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model Compaq Presario A Notebook PC BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV A amp SUBSYS D C amp REV Since my laptop has been freezing or Laptop randomly freezes/shuts down crashing I have looked through the event viewer and found Processor exposes the following idle state s performance state s which occurs shortly before The previous system shutdown at on was unexpected A few other errors i've found recently have been The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load BHDrvx ccHP eeCtrl IDSVix spldr SRTSPX SYMTDI The process C Windows Laptop randomly freezes/shuts down system winlogon exe -PC has initiated the restart of computer -PC on behalf of user -PC Sophie for the following reason No title for this reason could be found The DNS Client service depends on the NetIO Legacy TDI Support Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning The Computer Browser service depends on the Server service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments quot quot in order to run the server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE Its like a minefield and I dont know where to start I regularly do a full system virus scan and defragment the C One thing I have had in mind is that it may be overheating The fans do sound a bit loud sometimes even though i have it propped up on a desk and last summer it had been left to get quite hot when a family member was using it a number of times

A:Laptop randomly freezes/shuts down

Hi,

Start by installing SP2: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f104...ml#post2160787

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-randomly-freezes-shuts-down-469114.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a Toshiba satellite A135-S2346. It's always worked fine. One day it when I plugged my ipod charger into it, it froze. Now the laptop wont start at all it has a 1 in 3 chance of starting, if it does. It freezes at the Toshiba logo, and makes a static, popping noise from the speakers.

Anything I can do?

Or began to figure the issue out?

A:Laptop Randomly Freezes on Start up. (help me)

Hi there, remove all connected device from the PC like printer, usb flash drives, etc. and then turn on your PC.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/260826-laptop-randomly-freezes-start-up-help-me.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Not sound recording freezes randomly Laptop on sure where to put this sorry as I use windows I thought this was the best Anyway Rather old HP G - SO laptop Working fine still However Laptop randomly freezes on sound recording since some weeks ago it starts freezing randomly when doing soundrecording in for instance Goldwave or windows sound recording I use a Laptop randomly freezes on sound recording Realtek HD Driver which I after occuring freezing several times updated to the latest Still the problem persists If it had only been Goldwave I used then I would not be clueless but now I am I attend to online chats using a microphone and sometimes even that crashes So it ought to have some connection to the microphone There is a built in Laptop randomly freezes on sound recording mic in the screen I thought if maybe they interfere or quot overheat quot when plugging in an external mic I cant find any way to disable the internal mic without disabling the external too Tried uninstalling the Realtek driver and back again someone said to use a common windows driver by uninstall and search for new hardware but no luck Playing sound is no problem at all Again note I have had no such problem before and I have made no installations or big changes to the computer for months So I cannot figure what's the reason Could find nothing in the event logs either

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-randomly-freezes-on-sound-recording-993274.html
Relevancy 60.2%

The last - weeks my laptop just keeps randomly freezing First I thought Google Chrome caused it but then it happened with Firefox and even without using the internet Sometimes when I m using MS Word this annoying freezing occurs The whole computer freezes Task Manager doesn t work so I always have to hard reboot I have no idea what s causing randomly to Laptop reboot have freezes, hard it but it is happening every day now Gateway laptop NV Series Pentium R Dual-Core CPU GHz GB RAM Windows -bit Laptop randomly freezes, have to hard reboot Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C Program Files x Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Windows PLFSetI exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series lxcrmon exe C Program Files x Lexmark Series ezprint exe C Program Files x Laptop randomly freezes, have to hard reboot Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x NewTech Infosystems Gateway MyBackup BackupManagerTray exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor pctsGui exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT FGuard exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Edina Downloads New folder HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage gateway com rdr aspx b ACGW amp l amp m nv series amp r m b l z h a m u R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook PC Tools Browser Guard - EA- A- b-ADF - D E CC - C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Browser Defender BHO - A F D B- - FF -B - CCE E - C Program Files x Spyware Doctor BDT PCTBrowserDefender dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD-... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

I'm using an OEM windows 7 home premiun laptop.

Lately my laptop freezes randomly.

so i first tried reformatting it using the acer erecovery tool but same problem.

next i tried using the windows recovery partition( i have 2 recovery partitions;i'm guessing 1 is acer's and the other is windows') i press the f8 key and a black screen appears saying windows is loading files. the load bar only loads a little bit and then i get another screen sayin i have an error because of failing hard disk (sorry i cant remeber the whole message) but in the bottom i get this:

info: an unexpected I/O error has occurred.

I'm guessing my hard disk is failing. and if i want to change my hard disk will this affect my OEM windows? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

A:Laptop freezes randomly, error 0x00000e9

Work through these troubleshooting steps to test hardware, utilize System Resources, read the logs to try to isolate the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/206134-laptop-freezes-randomly-error-0x00000e9.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello everyone,

The problem that I?ve been facing is my laptop just freezes, the screen freezes, the audio distorted, not able to move cursor, keyboard does not work. Had to force power off.

Here are the specs:
Laptop Lenovo Ideapad Y450, bought around October 2009
CPU Intel centrino 2 dual core 2.53 ghz, P8700
GPU nVidia geforce GT240M
Ram 4 GHz
HDD WD 500 GB
Wireless Intel 5100 AGN 802.11

Operating System: Tried both Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP
CPU temp monitoring software: Speedfan 4.xx
Anti virus: Avira free antivirus

Next reply I will post problem history and details
Please request information if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Thank you,
Ninja

A:Laptop Freezes Randomly, Lenovo Y450

My questions and doubts:
How can it be solved?
Can we call this ?overheating? since it freezes when temperature is not over 60 C? but it freezes more when the weather is hotter.
Is the temperature during safe mode normal or too high?
Am I abusing my laptop?

Please request information or pictures if needed more, I am willing to provide.

Problem history:
It works fine with Windows 7 since 2009, when I?ve been recovering from spine surgery, I?ve been using it more than usual since December 2011 where the problem occurs first time, then it occurs more often since March 2012.

Computer usage behavior:
I usually use Autodesk Inventor and Autocad software for 3D and 2D designing, along with web browsing, playing music with iTunes, watching some concerts and South Park by windows media classic. I play occasionally play games like Left 4 Dead 2, Elder Scrolls Skyrim (once-twice a week).

The laptop is placed on a 30 degree inclined stand, due to my surgery I need to only lie down to use the computer. It is turned on about 4-10 hours a day.

Observations:

It?s been working fine since bought, when I play games, the temperature of CPU and GPU goes up to 75 C for about 1-2 hours, no problem, usually I don?t play longer than 3 hours.

Since March, it freezes randomly about 1 hour after startup when I?m using designing software along with web browsing. Temperature is about 48-53 C, I have screenshots of the temperature software before it freezes. This happens at least once a day.

Since March, it freezes about 5 minutes after start running left 4 dead or skyrim.

During safe mode, the temperature stays about 70 C and sometimes freezes.

After forced shut down and power on right away sometimes it freezes during boot, or even 5 seconds after power on.

It rarely freezes when watching videos and when turning the computer on all night for downloading.

I never finish a full system virus scan, it freezes about 20 minutes after scanning while temperature is about 50 C.

Weather condition: Thailand, hot and humid.
No air conditioning in room, temperature during of months Dec-Feb: 20-30 C, Mar 30-35 C, Apr 35-40 C (hottest of summer). My laptop in this temperature works fine in the past 2 years, other older laptops are also working fine.

Suspected causes and solutions tried:
Replace thermal paste at CPUs and GPU, dust removal at CPU fan, got a cooling pad underneath laptop: temperature slightly drops (3-5 C), no significant improvement in freezing.

Tried updating drivers to the latest possible for the right OS, reformatted partition to change OS to Win XP but problem still occurs.

Thank you,
Ninja

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-freezes-randomly-lenovo-y450-642491.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I have been experiencing a rather annoying problem with my laptop A random times often not long after startup wakeup my hard drive appears to freeze The hard drive light lights up solid any programs accessing the drive freeze drive freezes hard randomly Laptop and resource monitor says the disk is quot active quot yet also says quot kb disk I O quot is occuring After a couple of minutes it fixes itself and anything ive attempted to do during the time it was frozen all happens really quickly The nature of the problem makes me believe its the hard drive at fault but its smart readings are fine and ive ran the dell diagnostic tool that came with the laptop without finding any problems Ive also done Laptop hard drive freezes randomly the ususal routine of updating drivers and the BIOS etc Also it has never happened while gaming only ever while web browsing or other non-strenuous stuff so it may be a problem with power management Ive found several threads while googling that have the same problem but none seem to have a solution Any help would be appreciated Also ill try to screenshot the resource monitor when it happens again Thanks Jim Specs Dell XPS L x Intel core i ghz i think gb ram Nvidia GT m Toshiba MK GSGY gb HDD

A:Laptop hard drive freezes randomly

I'm gonna level with you. Dell's diagnostic software is not very good at all. It usually only detects a problem if the component is about to outright die. use Toshiba's HDD diagnostic tool to test your hDD. You should be able to download it from the link below.

Software Utilities

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/203636-laptop-hard-drive-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio X875-7190, bought it in march of this year. Looked up the reviews, saw it was a good rig for what I wanted. But since May it has been randomly freezing and I have to hard reset it to be able to use it again. Some what of an issue when I'm playing a game or actually doing work on it. Toshiba customer support is trash they aren't helpful. I even sent it in already once with this issue and they said nothing was wrong and they factory reset it. I already had done that and the issue still happens. I'm about ready to just toss this thing out the window and waste another 1500$ on a new rig..... again. But I really don't want to do that, so could someone help me with trying to figure this out?

A:Laptop running Windows 8 randomly freezes

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuke11

I even sent it in already once with this issue and they said nothing was wrong and they factory reset it. I already had done that and the issue still happens.

I would send it to them again! Don't let them get away with it if you think its their fault.

Anyway, so we can get a better look at what you're running, please post back with a Speccy report:
Please download Speccy System Information Tool and save it to somewhere convenient such as your desktop.
Close any programs that may be running including your browser and double click Speccy.exe to run the tool.
Watch out for any offers to install other programs such as google chrome and untick the box(es) if you don't want them.
Speccy will very quickly scan your pc and create a report.
Top left of screen click file and select Publish Snapshot...
Click Yes to proceed.
Copy the URL to your clipboard and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-running-windows-8-randomly-freezes-755017.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Windows Vista Premium At random unexpected times when I am on it the whole computer locks up and the screen freezes The mouse pointer doesn't move The keyboard locks up Like I said it happens unexpectedly and I have no idea why But here are some things I noticed when this has happened and hopefully you can analyze what I should do to fix this up Dell Laptop Vista randomly freezes/locks with problem First off I notice and I'm not sure the technical name for it that the outlined cylinder icon that is in line with the power icon and battery icon in the bottom Dell Laptop with Vista freezes/locks up randomly right hand corner of the physical monitor boarder does not flash green in spurts like it normally does which I'm guessing the reason it does is because programs are running in the background In does not highlight at all although the power icon is still outlined green So it is like the lights are on but nobody's home The second thing I notice is that many times after this happens the internal fan kicks on to high speed This I feel is because the internal components are overheated Is this true If so how do I fix this problem or the overall problem of this lockup if you have any idea what might be it's cause Thanks very much -Tom

A:Dell Laptop with Vista freezes/locks up randomly

how much ram do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-laptop-with-vista-freezes-locks-up-randomly-229642.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Windows Vista Premium At random unexpected with up Vista Dell freezes/locks randomly Laptop times when I am on it the whole computer locks up and the screen freezes The mouse pointer doesn t move The keyboard locks up Like I said it happens unexpectedly and I have no idea why But here are some things I noticed when this has happened and hopefully you can analyze what I should do to fix this problem First off I notice and I m not sure the technical name for it that the outlined cylinder icon that is in line with the power icon and battery icon Dell Laptop with Vista freezes/locks up randomly in the bottom right hand corner of the physical monitor boarder does not flash green in spurts like it normally does which I m guessing the reason it does is because programs are running in the background In does not highlight at all although the power icon is still outlined green So it is like the lights are on but nobody s home The second thing I notice is that many times after this happens the internal fan kicks on to high speed This I feel is because the internal components are overheated Is this true If so how do I fix this problem or the overall problem of this lockup if you have any idea what might be it s cause Thanks very much -Tom nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Recently I've noticed that my laptop has been shutting itself down after I put it to sleep Usually when I'm about to call it a night I put it to sleep as well Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I see that it's shut down so I have to turn it back on Then I see a warning that it was shutdown shuts down or while sleep mode freezes in Laptop randomly improperly I have run memory and processor tests and neither have come up with any issues My latest theory was that iTunes was causing the issue I use an airport express router which allows Laptop shuts down randomly or freezes while in sleep mode me to use AirPlay to stream from iTunes to my stereo I was under the impression that this could be the issue because I noticed a correlation so I began quitting iTunes before I put the machine to sleep This seemed to fix the issue but a similar issue has returned Although this doesn't happen as frequently sometimes when I put the system to sleep it takes a long time or just freezes up Also sometimes after the delay it will sleep only for a few seconds before waking itself back up I have no idea what to check at this point The last thing I did to it was upgrade it to an SSD in mid-December of Before that I upgraded the RAM in the summer of but that's it It's pretty heavy Alienware m x so it sits in my desk for the most part and I use my iPad instead during my classes If needed I can upload any crash info as requested The system specs are what I have listed as my configuration

A:Laptop shuts down randomly or freezes while in sleep mode

Shutdowns during sleep are usually blue screen crash related and specifically 0x9f. Try updating the airport express router drivers as they may be the culprit if they were in the past through iTunes. If they are already up to date, re-install them using the following procedure in case they are corrupted.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer
Install the latest driver for the device once Windows starts.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer
Install the latest driver for the device once Windows starts.

Also, please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html instructions in case there are blue screen crashes occurring. You may not see the crashes if the system is waking from sleep most to run a scheduled task and then trying to enter back into sleep mode or crashing during the call to wake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214226-laptop-shuts-down-randomly-freezes-while-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Wife handed me her laptop and said it s super slow so made sure everything was up to date and ran avast super antispyware malwarebytes spybot search and destroy Tried Tweaking com Over To Slow Randomly Then And Freezes Super Laptop Over. Boot And Is and still was not working properly better but still really slow to boot and would freeze but not as much Ran the read Laptop Is Super Slow To Boot And Then Randomly Freezes Over And Over. and run me first in several stages at first but was hampered by freeze up and re-boots Found there was an update for the bios Laptop Is Super Slow To Boot And Then Randomly Freezes Over And Over. and did the update Still the same but managed to re-do all the scans and completed all the steps as directed by staff in the Malware sub-forum and was told to report here as it seems as if the issues is possibly windows related Laptop is a HP -n ca running Windows I ve also been experiencing a blue screen error quot thread stuck in device driver quot that causes a restart which takes min or more Any help would be much appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/laptop-is-super-slow-to-boot-and-then-randomly-freezes-over-and-over.313503/
Relevancy 59.77%

Wife handed mr her laptop and said it's super slow. so made sure everything was up to date and ran avast, super antispyware, malwarebytes. spybot search and destroy. Tried Tweaking.com and still was working properly, better but still really slow to boot and would freeze but not as much. Ran the read and run me first in several stages at first but was hampered by freeze up and re-boots. Found there was an update for the bios and did the update. Still the same but managed to re-do all the scans in one stint and here are the logs.
Thanks in advance~

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/laptop-is-super-slow-to-boot-and-then-randomly-freezes-over-and-over.313447/
Relevancy 59.77%

Toshiba Laptop Satellite with Windows 8 freezes randomly what should I do?
It is only one year old.
Intel i7 3610QM @2.30 Hz.
8 gb ram.
Intel 1000 graphics card.

A:Toshiba Laptop Satellite with Windows 8 freezes randomly.

Sorry Intel 4000.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19922-toshiba-laptop-satellite-windows-8-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 59.77%

i recently have been having trouble with my laptop freezing up at random times. i will just be doing everyday stuff on my laptop and it will suddenly freeze and the screen will turn a variety of colors with lines running down it, then it will turn to a shade of pink. sometimes it will restart on its own other times i will have to restart it. i have no i idea what could be causing this problem so please help!!!!

A:Laptop Freezes up randomly with pink screen and lines

Have a look in the Event Viewer for any errors at the time of the freezes.To open the Event Viewer go to Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer. Alternately, go to Start > Run and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter.Check in all the categories.If you find an error that occurred at the time right-click on it and select properties. Copy the information in the window and post it back here. This will help us diagnose your problem.How To Use the Event Viewer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223010/laptop-freezes-up-randomly-with-pink-screen-and-lines/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi guys,

I'm working on a computer that is freezing up in normal mode. Freezes up kinda randomly (after 5 minutes or 15 or whatever).

When it freezes it'll display everything but nothing movies, just a picture of what was there last (cursor does not move).

I've tried:
Removing malware
Doing an extended hard drive diagnostic test
Running chkdsk

Where would you guys go from here? I was thinking it might be a heat issue but then wouldn't it turn off completely?

A:Dell Laptop Freezes Randomly in NORMAL mode

Dell laptops are facing these problems and I am facing the same with my laptop as well.You should resolve its heating issues and remove all the dust through any proper means.Also check for the memory upgrades.Hope so it will work better.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/dell-laptop-freezes-randomly-in-normal-mode-633357.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this but, ever since I reformatted my laptop, it randomly freezes for about a second and a stuttering noise comes up. Then the screen turns black. It doesn't shut off because I could see the back light, it just turns completely black. What's causing this problem and how do I fix it? I checked the Event Logger and there are tons of errors and some critical kernal-power things.

A:Laptop randomly freezes and screen turns black after

Can you start in Safe Mode? If you can, do the following steps in safe mode.Click Start Menu
Right click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Right click each display adapter in that list and click Uninstall (do not hit OK when the dialog pops up after clicking Uninstall)
Put a tick to delete driver software for the device and click OK
Restart Windows in normal mode

If you continue to have the same problem or other problems, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207343-laptop-randomly-freezes-screen-turns-black-after.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently upgraded from Windows to Windows HD Old 3870 Laptop Radeon Freezes card, randomly x2 w/ computer on my rather old and aging laptop Doing so I've developed a frequent but random problem where if my web browser loads or Old Laptop w/ Radeon HD 3870 x2 card, Freezes computer randomly closes a tab that has a video embedded into it it Old Laptop w/ Radeon HD 3870 x2 card, Freezes computer randomly will freeze the entire computer-- no BSOD just nothing moves including the mouse If sound was playing it stays at a steady buzz Once the system is frozen the only solution is to hold down the power button on the laptop and hard reboot it This doesn't happen for every video longer videos are more likely to freeze my system but even long videos SOMETIMES work This never happened with Windows and I highly suspect that it is the fault of the video drivers for my legacy ATI Radeon HD x cards My driver version is which is the most recent driver available on the ATI webpage I've tried completely uninstalling my graphics drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller from safe mode selecting the option to not allow the same driver to be reinstalled automatically upon reboot however on reboot my system showed the exact same driver version so I guess windows reinstalled the driver anyway Freezes are getting more common Just browsing facebook is a minefield now since if any videos are on my wall just scrolling down might cause the entire system to freeze Does anyone have any suggestions for other things I could try Is there some other legacy driver for my card that might work

A:Old Laptop w/ Radeon HD 3870 x2 card, Freezes computer randomly

Hello Iunnrais Welcome to the Ten Forums!

Sounds like it's time! Time for a full clean install that is! First you will want to look for at least 8.1 updates for the model you have there! When not finding any 10 drivers in general available the 8.1 are the closest to 10 compatibility wise and should work without problems.

Since you saw the upgrade from 7 to 10 turn out buggy as all too often being seen when jumping three versions newer the Clean Install after considering a total wipe of the old drive there if that is not seeing problems by the way would tend to insure the best working results.

On a HP laptop that came with the 32bit 7 Home Premium back in 2012 being upgraded to 10 there wasn't any hesitation on seeing the batched up upgrade immediately replaced by a second clean install! Following the second 32bit clean install that once the OEM stuff was nuked off entirely saw the 64bit 10 Home install go on! Unfortunately the drive and no longer seeing anything come up when powering it up on the display resulted in seeing a replacement Toshiba laptop with 10 already on ordered in January! Being only 3yrs. old and finding the drive was stuffed once it was later placed in an external usb enclosure is why a look at the drive would be recommended as well as seeing a nice clean install take place.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/47124-old-laptop-w-radeon-hd-3870-x2-card-freezes-computer-randomly.html
Relevancy 58.91%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-screen-doesnt-turn-on-and-randomly-freezes-when-it-does.170227/
Relevancy 58.91%

I recently contracted a .scr virus and removed it using malwarebytes, for the last couple of days my laptop would randomly BSOD, usually when i turn on the laptop of shut it down, it then freezes at memory dump 100 so i need to manually turn off my PC by holding the off switch. I read up on the posting instructions of a BSOD and ran DM Log Collector. This should be attached below. I just really want to stop the BSOD from happening continuously, pls help.

A:BSOD randomly Crashes my Laptop and freezes at Memory dump 100

You installed malwarebytes as a trial and the trial period is expired?

MBAM causes BSODs only in two situations. First, it is an expired trial; and second, it is a pirated license.

Whatever, you uninstall MBAM. Go to https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/ and get the Malwarebytes
Anti-Malware (neither the premium one nor the free trial). Attachment 353200
Let us know for any further BSOD after doing it.

Code:
BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa8009a1a360, fffffa8009a1a380, 4020036}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364679-bsod-randomly-crashes-my-laptop-freezes-memory-dump-100-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I'm new on these forums and quite not a tech-savvy person so I apologize if I sound confusing or scans Laptop finish antivirus full even can't freezes/lags, randomly the details are missing I'm on my wits end regarding my -year old Lenovo laptop which has started to get wonky yesterday The worse thing is that I'm not sure what's Laptop randomly freezes/lags, can't even finish full antivirus scans the real problem at all I ll try to detail everything as I remember it so pardon for the word vomit It started when my laptop suddenly froze I had a bunch of programs open back then can't remember all of them but there's Google Chrome with multiple tabs writemonkey foobar and a couple of open folders The cursor changed to 'busy' and for a Laptop randomly freezes/lags, can't even finish full antivirus scans few moments I let it be When I noticed it had frozen completely I tried to move the cursor and it started to lag Alt-tabbing and ctrl-alt-del won't work so I went for the power button I started it up again and chose to open Windows normally Everything seemed okay until I realized that the usual startup programs didn't open Aeria OpenOffice etc and it was lagging The mouse is working if I mouse over files on my desktop they seemed to react but after a while everything just slows down I tried opening programs task manager even shut down -- nothing I looked at my laptop's LED lights and everything's all lit up So power-button again This time I went for safe mode and tried to pinpoint the problem I thought it could be malware so I tried running Malwarebytes Lo and behold it froze I tried to wait it out but it stayed stuck I had the idea that maybe the file Malwarebytes was stuck on was the culprit so I tried to delete it Turns out I can t delete the program on safe mode but opening on normal mode just left me stuck on lag again Then I remembered that the program was among the ones during normal startup so I disabled it on safe mode restarted continued Windows on normal and finally deleted the thing it was Evernote The next time I booted up on normal everything was well I thought I ve finally nailed down the culprit Nope Not yet When I opened Google Chrome I was greeted with yet another unrecoverable freeze lag Same problem on safe mode I got Firefox and it seemed to be working well so I thought this was Chrome s problem I really liked Chrome so I uninstalled reinstalled it but the freeze lag still occurred So I deleted it for good I ran Microsoft Security Essentials quick scan and Malwarebytes quick scan Nothing turned up Used Disk Defragmenter too I thought the laptop s okay now but apparently not yet Because I just got another freezing episode after several hours of using it Upon yet another hard reboot I thought of finally running a full scan The thing is after several tries either Malwarebytes or MSE just won t finish a scan It will get stuck and while the laptop will be responsive for a while mouse moving MSE tabs giving descriptions upon highlighting clock still working etc it will eventually glitch and be unusable and I have to resort to a power button shut down I m not sure what s the problem anymore Overheating Malware Memory leaks Help will truly be appreciated I need this laptop working very badly Thanks in advance

A:Laptop randomly freezes/lags, can't even finish full antivirus scans

Establish a Clean Boot, test your hardware, check the logs and System Resources, test System Files and the other Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7.

If this happens when using Chrome, try uninstalling it to use Firefox and IE10 which aren't pernicious spyware phoning your every move to advertisers. You can always reinstall it if you miss the company.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297290-laptop-randomly-freezes-lags-cant-even-finish-full-antivirus-scans.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a brand new laptop (2 weeks old) that randomly freezes for as long as a minute in which nothing works. I have 8gb of ram and a 4th gen Intel processor so I can't imagine why this would happen. At first I was afraid of malware/spyware and was helped out on another forum in which it was determined my machine should be clean. They have directed me here now. The computer is virtually empty. I haven't transferred any of my old files from my previous pc over. 

The freezing happens randomly, generally while online. Chrome will indicate that it's waiting for the cache.It is not however specific to Chrome, happens with firefox and IE too. Sometimes I will be in Microsoft Word and it will freeze. We did hard disk checks and everything showed fine. 

Any help you can offer is appreciated. Thanks so much in advance!

A:Brand New Laptop Randomly Freezes Task Manager Shows Disk Usage At 100%

That sounds very much like a heat problem.
Are all of the vents clear so that airflow isn't obstructed in any way? Can you hear the fan running when you turn the computer on?
Try installing this one and post the results
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/speccy/
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540719/brand-new-laptop-randomly-freezes-task-manager-shows-disk-usage-at-100/
Relevancy 57.62%

This problem occurs at different times And again it never produces a BSOD event log or dump and the fan ALWAYS then goes full blast Sometimes it happens while in the middle of something sometimes when the computer is idle Have to hard reboot it then but usually it will then occur on reboot freezing anywhere from the Windows logo to sometimes shortly after desktop (No or BSOD, Dell randomly Dump XPS file) l501x laptop event freezes log icons appear Could take me multiple boot attempts before it finally makes it into Dell XPS l501x laptop freezes randomly (No BSOD, event log or Dump file) Windows and sometimes I can run it for a while sometimes for few hours before it locks up again sometimes not Thought it was a heat issue but running monitoring software showed the CPU heat levels consistently remained in safe range - c even moments before freeze up Still blew out of the fan area just in case Also applied fresh thermal paste However alot of time it happens when the computer has been off for a while even overnight and I first turn it on Even in sleep mode when I wake it although in that scenario the screen stays black although the lights come on and the fan goes full speed as before In these scenarios the machine is obviously cold so can't be overheating that is triggering it Thankfully the machine has cooperated enough times that I have managed to run Burn In Test inside Window Passed Memtest outside Windows passes no errors and even S amp M Stress inside Windows which I ran to completion like times in which it passed of them The other times it did freeze again fan full speed screen frozen during testing but I think it was just one of its random freezes rather than being specifically triggered by S amp M's tests Also it passes the Dell preboot assessment Updated BIOS to latest version as well Went ahead and did a clean install of Windows with latest device device drivers but problems persisted Resorted to trying clean install of Windows with latest device drivers but problem remains Amazingly enough I was able to get thru both reinstalls with no freezup issues which I found odd Resorted to clean install of Ubuntu just to see what would happen and amazingly it has been stable for about hours but since the problem seems to be hardware related rather than OS and driver related installing Ubuntu should have shown the same stability issues I think I have exhausted all other causes so my thoughts are its either a bad processor or a motherboard issue but before I invest in a new board or processor I wanted some opinions Thanks Adam

A:Dell XPS l501x laptop freezes randomly (No BSOD, event log or Dump file)

It appears that you're comfortable taking this laptop apart - am I correct?
If that's the case, leave it apart loosely and then use it until the fan starts going full blast.
Then immediately unplug it (leave the battery out if it's removable), open the case, and feel around near (BUT NOT TOUCHING) the components.
What you're looking for is an area that has a lot of heat pouring out of it.

It could be hot enough to burn you - so just go near without touching anything.  If the heat is significant you'll feel it without having to touch ahything.
FYI - this technique can result in 2nd degree burns - BE CAREFUL!!!

What I suspect is the video card is overheating (but it could be other components).
Monitor your system's temperatures with this free tool:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
If there's a sensor on the video card, this should read it.  Most likely there's a sensor present somewhere - as something has to tell the fan to speed up.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614513/dell-xps-l501x-laptop-freezes-randomly-no-bsod-event-log-or-dump-file/
Relevancy 54.18%

Computer Specs -Manufacturer Cyberpower -Windows Home bit Service Pack Legal copy -Gigabyte socket motherboard unknown model -Intel Core i ghz water cooled by Corsair H -EVGA Nvidia GTX gb - gb Kingston ram specifications and speed unknown - watt Corsair power supply I don't know the other specs but it's brand new and definitely meets the requirements for all of my components - case fans in push pull setup all mm and cfm My Problem I have problems with my computer both of which require me to hold the power button down for seconds to hard reboot and I wait seconds before turning it back on because I heard that was good Computer issue) AND randomly (Hardware signal randomly freezes loses somewhere My computer either A randomly loses signal to the monitor resulting in the monitor going to sleep while my computer is still on When this happens audio from iTunes continues to play normally but I cannot pause it or control the volume which I can usually do from my keyboard This leads me to believe that I have absolutely no Computer randomly freezes AND randomly loses signal (Hardware issue) control over my computer when my computer loses signal with the monitor This can happen at any time when I'm playing a videogame browsing the internet or when the computer is locked and I'm not using it at all B randomly freezes This locks up the computer completely and I am unable to move my mouse or control anything I don't know if audio continues to play because this hasn't occurred while I've been listening to something on iTunes yet This can happen at any time and has even happened before the computer has turned on during the black windows screen before I was prompted to type my password What I know -This is most likely a hardware issue because these issues have been going on since the beginning of the year and I have had multiple reformats since then and have tried to resolve the issue by replacing drivers uninstalling random software and going back to previous versions of patches and drivers before these issues started -This is not an issue with the power supply It has been recently replaced and I have had these issues before and after replacing the power supply -This is not an issue with the RAM same situation as the power supply -This is not an issue with heat because my case has superb air flow and the highest temperature I've seen my CPU at is C while playing a videogame called Guild Wars according to Real Temp -the water cooler has not been leaking What I think -This issue started around the time my power would randomly cut off because of thunderstorms which I think damaged either my Motherboard CPU or Graphics Card could some other part be causing this issue Which do you guys is most likely the problem Could a damaged hard drive possibly be the cause of my problems I'm planning to replace either my motherboard or cpu soon though I think it's most likely caused by the gigabyte motherboard every gigabyte socket motherboard I've seen has gotten terrible reviews on newegg

A:Computer randomly freezes AND randomly loses signal (Hardware issue)

This is my motherboard
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1156 - GA-P55M-UD2 (rev. 1.0)
though I'm not sure if mine is rev 1.0 or rev 1.1

I'm hoping that the issue isn't the CPU, Graphics Card, or Hard Drive, as those would cost me the most trouble / money.

Could it be an issue with the BIOS? I don't really know what that is or how it works.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-randomly-freezes-and-randomly-loses-signal-hardware-issue-599199.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Myself along with a couple to forced Freezes Computer and keeps freezing randomly, restart randomly of other people on this forum have been experiencing the exact same problem I also found some other people on other virus help forums who have the same problem as well This new virus seems to be spreading and no one seems to know what to do about it It just started during the beginning of April The main problem is that my computer just keeps Computer keeps freezing randomly, Freezes randomly and forced to restart randomly freezing It can happen every - minutes or even up to an hour The computer just freezes and you can t do anything except for seeing your mouse move around Ctrl alt delete does nothing at all either It just locks up and you are forced to manually turn off the computer and restart it It is extremely frustrating It all started during the beginning of April where my computer restarted on its own then it just started freezing up I ran several anti virus programs spy ware removal programs and an AVG scan and could find nothing of any relevance I even had a technician come to my house and he couldn t find anything He thinks that it s the memory or ram but I highly doubt that my laptop is only like years old Any help would be greatly appreciated This is a new virus I believe and it is driving me insane thank you I have ran a Malware Antimalware Bites scan AVG Ad Aware Spybot and SUPERAntiSpyware scans all found nothing Here is my Hijackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EOUWiz exe C Program Files Protector Suite QL menusw exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility WCULauncher exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Camera Utility VCUServe exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTBCM Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtBty exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosOBEX exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack tosBtProc exe C Program Files Sony SmartWi Connection Utility SmartWiService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C Prog... Read more

A:Computer keeps freezing randomly, Freezes randomly and forced to restart

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/computer-keeps-freezing-randomly-freezes-randomly-and-forced-to-restart-363786.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Have no clue as to patterns - genuinely seems random Previously had IE latest service pack loaded and it would Media Machine freezes IE XP removed less Center - freezes randomly frequently Edition freeze on average - times a day - with no dmp file even though the Drwatson registry key was installed Switched to Firefox and immediate improvement - it now freezes randomly once every days or so - often occurs when zonealarm receive green lights are on and sometimes when many apps are open at once Also no blue BSD would show - it just stops working - no mouse response no keyboard response - not even Ctrl Alt Del - wait minutes still nothing Any help would be appreciated - I am pulling my beard out DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by st at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV ZoneAlarm Security Suite Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated D B - C- CAB- FF - B B F CF FW ZoneAlarm Security Suite Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC XAMPP xampp apache bin httpd exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC XAMPP xampp mysql bin mysqld exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC WINDOWS System snmp exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC XAMPP xampp apache bin httpd exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files RegCure RegCure exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files EeePC ACPI AsTray exeC Program Files EeePC ACPI AsAcpiSvr exeC Program XP Media Center Edition Machine freezes randomly - removed IE freezes less frequently Files EeePC ACPI AsEPCMon exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system igfxext exeC Program Files Elantech XP Media Center Edition Machine freezes randomly - removed IE freezes less frequently ETDCtrl exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files ASUS EeePC Super Hybrid Engine SuperHybridEngine exeC PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL MAILFR mantispm exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXEC Documents and Settings st My Documents Downloads HijackThis exeC Documents and Settings st My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title myAppmWindow Title myAppBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dllBHO ZoneAlarm Toolbar Registrar a a c - - d c-bd d- cb eed e - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllTB ZoneAlarm Spy Blocker Toolbar d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - c program files askbardis bar bin askBar dllTB ZoneAlarm Toolbar ee ac e -b b - ec - a -bca a ab - c program files checkpoint zaforcefield trustchecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dlluRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exeuRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exemRun ehTray c windows ehome ehtray exemRun AsusTray c program files eeepc acpi AsTray exemRun AsusACPIServer c program files eeepc acpi AsAcpiSvr exemRun AsusEPCMonitor c progr... Read more

A:XP Media Center Edition Machine freezes randomly - removed IE freezes less frequently

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/293026/xp-media-center-edition-machine-freezes-randomly-removed-ie-freezes-less-frequently/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a 17' Samsung 700Z laptop about two years old. Lately, it has been freezing up. I'm not sure if this is a Windows issue or a driver issue or something else. It usually freezes when I am gaming but sometimes freezes when I'm using Firefox as well. Freezes, no mouse movement, audio glitches out and the only fix is to restart it. It will freeze within ten minutes again though.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523768/screen-freezes-randomly-manual-restart-but-freezes-again/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I have a 11 months old Notebook Tecra9 Toshiba running on vista 32 bits. Recently i'm experience frequent freezes (the desktop, not internet explorer) when using IE7 and also the taskbar would freeze, seems to be caused by audioclientrpc. My laptop is in french, but it's the same report problem as the english version:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
Hang Signature: 7ce1
Hang Type: 128
Waiting on Application Name: svchost.exe:AudioClientRpc
Waiting on Application Version: 0.0.0.0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 9224369711237709974176f646a5196a
Additional Hang Signature 2: 0c9f
Additional Hang Signature 3: a56c4207c57f0df533c0ba603853928d
Additional Hang Signature 4: 7ce1
Additional Hang Signature 5: 9224369711237709974176f646a5196a
Additional Hang Signature 6: 0c9f
Additional Hang Signature 7: a56c4207c57f0df533c0ba603853928d

A:Vista freezes randomly plus taskbar also freezes

I have the same program hanging as well. Have you been able to find a solution yet?

It's driving me crazy as the only thing I've changed on my computer recently was upgrading the RAM from 1 to 2 gigs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-randomly-plus-taskbar-also-freezes-321829.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys, my pc has been acting weird lately, it has began randomly crashing frequently. I turn it on and after 3 or so minutes of random activity it just freezes or gives me a blue screen error. Sometimes while playing BF3, it freezes.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800033A8B6F
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

THanks!

A:BSOD randomly and PC freezes randomly

Hello TrueYears and welcome to Sevenforums!

You said that you've experience BSODs. For allowing us to debug your errors you've been experiencing, we'll need a little information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

If you're having trouble enabling minidumps, maybe you'll find this speech handy.

Quote:
Your Minidump content should be in the folder at the path C:\Windows\Minidump. If there's no files inside, make sure minidumps are enabled by -
Go to Start, then Run, then type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery button
Ensure that "Automatically restart" is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select "Small memory dump (64 kB)" in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as "%systemroot%\Minidump" (without the quotes)
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Next time you'd experience a BSOD, a dump is supposed to be generated. When it's generated, wrap it up in a zip and upload it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237795-bsod-randomly-pc-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. So I have this problem for a long time and it really bothers me.

PC spec:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.6 GHz
2 GB of RAM
32-bit Operating System
Display Adapter: nVidia GeForge 8400 GS

So here's the thing: my computer freezes randomly when using it, and by freezing I mean I can't do anything (press a key, move mouse) and screen just remains frozen. Nothing happens and I have to restart it. I have all the drivers installed. I have this problem for some time (more than 6 months) so I can't really relate it to a certain program that I installed.

If it helps in any way, I noticed that the freeze occurs often when I browse the internet (using Firefox).

Any clues on this?

A:PC freezes randomly

Hmmm... Try another browser for a while just to make sure. I had the same problem when I was playing a videogame and I'm 100% sure it was game fault. I did some search on the web and found that a lot of people with FF 15 are experiencing the same issue. FF 15.0.1 repeatedly freezes my entire computer; can't forcequit; need power button to shut down/restart; completely random, not an addon issue. | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support
Check if you have the latest version, 18.

Run this anti-malware program -> Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
And some anti virus that you have installed

Also, you may want to do a Repair Install

Altrough this sounds more like a overheating problem. If I overclock my CPU too much, it also freezes after a while. Check your CPU/Motherboard temperatures before doing a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280373-pc-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Man this has been going on since I bought my new PC... AND I'M REALLY GETTING TIRED OF IT!

Randomly, my PC freezes and I have to hard reboot. It seem to happend most when I watch a video online or make music, but it can happen anytime also.
I've tried everything.. reinstalling OS, drivers and such...

Please someone help me!
MY specs: Windows 7 64 bit ultimate
core i5 750
radeon 5850
RAM - (using 2 of these in dual channel) http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CT25664BA1339
Intel 80gb x-25m ssd 2 generation
Corsair 650W

Please people!

Relevancy 46.01%

My PC randomly hangs, the hard drive light stays on and the monitor goes into standby (as if it's getting no signal). So I can't use the mouse or keyboard (no response to anything). The only solution is to cycle power. This happens several times a day. I ran Norton (previously) and now McAffee (latest version) several times and no viruses are detected. Have not replaced any hardware. This is a Dell Dimension 2400 running XP. Does not seem to be related to any particular application, will even happen overnight when nothing is happening. I've also disabled all scheduled programs, run disk cleanup and defrag. Can this be a RAM or HDD problem? The PC is about 5 years old.

A:PC randomly freezes

Probably worth testing your memory . . click on the link to Memtest in my signature . . let it run on one stick at a time overnite or until it starts reporting errors

How to burn an ISO file: How to Burn a Bootable ISO File

If the memory checks out, then I would run diagnostics on the hard drive

run diagnostics on the hard drive

Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f16/pc-randomly-freezes-moved-from-xp-568369.html
Relevancy 46.01%

A continuation of this thread here:

BSOD - I don't see one though! (Windows 7)

I sent my motherboard back for repair and they said they found 'issues' and fixed them.

However it's started all over again after only 2 days! My PC froze randomly whilst watching a video, there was no BSOD, there was no minidump file.

Code:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor, x64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1791 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4250, 384 Mb
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M4A88T-V EVO/USB3, Rev X.0x, MT7013040701135

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-randomly-610818.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My PC has been freezing randomly recently The only thing I can do is to press the restart button on the PC and my PC wont boot up for a random time I scanned that PC with Avast Anti virus Randomly Freezes Pc and it came back clean I just want to check if there is any another malware or stuff like that Pc Freezes Randomly Thanks for your help in advanceLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeC Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXEC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exeC Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice BINC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exeC DOCUME Owner LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http g msn com SEENSG SAOS FORM TOOLBRR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer speedbooster pacific net sg O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXEO - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot backgroundO - HKCU Run Free Download Manager C Program Files Free Download Manager fdm exe -autorunO - Startup OpenOffice org lnk C Program Files OpenOffice org program quickstart exeO - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation To... Read more

A:Pc Freezes Randomly

Hi TheGonK,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. I have examined your HijackThis log and it shows no evidence of malware. There is a lineO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -kthis indicates that the system has crashed.When the system freezes, does it show a blue screen with an error message? If so, the next time your computer crashes, please write down the entire message, including all numbers and letters. Post that information in a new topic on the Windows XP forum, not here. Please mention that I have checked your log for malware.If the system stops responding and does not put up a blue screen, post that information to the same forum.The only thing I can do is to press the restart button on the PC and my PC wont boot up for a random time.Be sure to mention that after the system crashes, it will not reboot right away. This may be an important clue. My guess is that you have a hardware failure, but there are folks at the XP forum who have a lot more experience than I do. They will be able to guide you in diagnosing the problem.One suggestion -- if you do not have an up-to-date backup of your data files, make one now. Good luck,Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75813/pc-freezes-randomly/
Relevancy 46.01%

Alright I have quite a large issue with my main pc The pc completely PC randomly. freezes freezes at random The mouse the keyboard even the restart button If I press the restart button enough times the pc either shutdowns or shutdowns and then starts up again but not a restart The freeze sometimes happens minutes after I've started to computer and sometimes half an hour It isn't related to any specific program as it happened while PC freezes randomly. I was on Mozzila MS Word Windows Media Player and Warcraft Now what I did was unplug the internet and restored my system to an earlier point Then I PC freezes randomly. proceeded PC freezes randomly. to clean up the disks defragment and make sure that at least of the hard drive disks are free This actually worked and the pc didn't freeze up again I left it running for half a day doing various things and nothing As soon as I plugged the internet back in maybe minutes later the pc freezes again I unplugged it again and it still froze after minutes or so After another system restore I was fine again until a day later when I decided to try my luck with the internet again I'm guessing it's some virus that activates when the pc connects to the internet and then up the registry or something explaining why the pc still freezes even if it's offline The system restore erases the up but not the virus itself which is why any contact with the internet generates the same problem all over again However this is just a guess and I'm here to ask what you guys think Anybody have a similar problem Any suggestions

Relevancy 46.01%

hello first sorry if my english doesn t make sense sometimes I have XP Pro and Vista Busseniss running on my pc Asus A n-SLI deluxe AMD GT MB pciE x Mb ram IDE harddrive freezes randomly PC Gig both OS are fresh PC freezes randomly installs I use my pc for al sort of things Music movie s msn gaming etc For a PC freezes randomly few weeks now my pc just randomly freezes S no matter what i do sometimes i can can use my pc for an hour or and the other times min or so i have no idea what it could be a friend of mine said that it could be the bios that i need to upgrade the firmware but i dont want to to do that cause i m afraid i ll screw something up Does anyone have any idea s on what i could do or how It isn t the tempature cause those are all normal It isn t a software problem cause i had my OS reinstalled a few times I ll appreciate any help Thnx nbsp

Hi ,

Have a look at this link http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44306.html

It will help in Diagnosting your PC...

as to the BIOS updated... every manufacturer supplies applications for updating their Products... try here for ASUS http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-randomly.77663/
Relevancy 46.01%

A continuation of this thread here:

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1015068-bsod.html

I sent my motherboard back for repair and they said they found 'issues' and fixed them.

However it's started all over again after only 2 days! My PC froze randomly whilst watching a video, there was no BSOD, there was no minidump file.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi

Would anyone know how to find out why XP would freeze anything up to 5 times per day ?

Keyboard and mouse won't work - I have had Task Manager on view all the time and when a freeze occurs, nothing is eating cpu or any particular process is being accessed ?

Any help with this mystery ?

Thanks

Mike
UK

Relevancy 46.01%

I ve Freezes Randomly PC Tried everythnig that techspot admin s had told me to do Replace PSU Get new mobo and Processor Practically changed the important parts even the video card Im stuck it doesnt freeze all the time just sometimes For PC Randomly Freezes Example I will be playing games like WW WOW or CS PC Randomly Freezes then my screen will lock up Question - im using mobo that supports dual meaning i can duel my ram but I put my ram in as singles would that cause the problem i m not sure tho replaced all my parts all that i have left that i really havent checked is my HD s and CD-rom and Ram unsure how to check Im running a AMD watt PSU G-force Asrock dual sata seagate barracuda s and maxtors hard drive also a LG dvd drive Question if i swap the hard drives and the problem is still occuring the last HD i used if i keep it plugged in would it crash the computer is that possible or am i just guessing more suggestions ill keep trying nbsp

A:PC Randomly Freezes

I bet this is happening because of that crazy motherboard you have. That is the one that has pci-e AND agp? That's stupid man, get rid of it and get a real mobo like the Epox 9npa+ Ultra. Try removing a hard drive too. Ram as singles wouldnt cause a problem. Why would you run it in singles, dual channel is faster. Plus it isn't your mobo that supports dual channel ddr400, it is the integrated memory controller on the Athlon 64. Also, can you check the temperatures? Download a program called speed fan and check the temperatures periodically you might have an overheating problem.

http://www.almico.com/speedfan429.exe

Also, can you please give ALL your specs in detail?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-freezes.56440/
Relevancy 46.01%

Help I am forced to reset my computer a number of times using the power button which cannot be good Freezes randomly! Help!...PC at all for the PC because it keeps freezing randomly There does not seem to be any pattern involved with Help!...PC Freezes randomly! the freezing at all I have also done all scans I can think of to check for viruses malware etc I have performed a Hijack This scan the log is posted below In addition to this the PC is extremely slow and whenever I enter Microsoft Outlook the computer freezes temporarily and then slows right down I would appreciate any help at all that anybody has Cheers Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www bbc co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS Office REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-pc-freezes-randomly-257207.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Running XP home SP PC has been randomly freezing This has been going on for some time but I've been putting up with it It started after a power failure When the power came back on I noticed it freezing No BSOD it just doesn't do anything when it occurs Mouse still works but nothing happens if you click on anything It doesn't matter what browser I'm using When this occurs a small white rectangle appears in the upper freezes randomly PC left hand corner Sometimes I PC randomly freezes also hear a low pitched rumble coming from the case I've ran Spybot S amp D Adaware Defender Super Anti-spyware Eusing and CCleaner as well as my anti-virus I've also ran Data Lifeguard Usually it returns to normal after a PC randomly freezes minute or two but sometimes I have to open the task manager to close the browser then it will work just fine when the browser is reopened The sites don't seem to matter as it has frozen on TSF The pc may go two or three days without this occuring and then again it might happen four or five times in a single day I checked the temp and it's running at C So far it doesn't freeze if I'm playing a game Dr Watson says pc has no issues LOL

I suspect your harddrive or power supply may have been damaged when you lost power ,,,and I am assuming your PC was power on when you had the Power failure correct? have you run a harddrive diagnostics test using the manufactures test software? if it passes then I suspect you have a bad power supply and need to replace it with a good quality one....what size is the power supply in Watts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-randomly-freezes-385555.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys,
My custom built PC was started freezing randomly today. The mouse stops moving, the HDD stops responding, and Contol alt delete does nothing. What should I check first?

Quote: Originally Posted by MicroMister

Hey guys,
My custom built PC was started freezing randomly today. The mouse stops moving, the HDD stops responding, and Contol alt delete does nothing. What should I check first?

I had this issue a long time ago. Here's what I did to resolve this:

1) Deleted all unwanted, unnecessary files i.e., cookies, internet temp files, through CCleaner and by running command "prefetch" Run dialog.

2) Ran my AV to just be sure that there is No Malicious agent causing the failure.

3) Reinstalled OS as Sound card & USB were not responding (did installed Sound card's s/w)

After a fresh installing everything worked smoothly and its been now 2.3 years since that day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305002-pc-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I've got a problem with my PC freezing - it just freezes randomly every 40-60mins or so for about 3-4 minutes and then unfreezes again. Sound stops, can't move my mouse. Diode on the case is suggesting that hard drive also stops working.
As I have 3 hdds, I thought it's the drive issue as the system was running on the 5 or 6 years old drive. I reainstalled my system to the relatively fresh drive (about 2 y.o) with cleaning all the drives by the way, but nothing has changed.

What can be the issue? Memory? CPU? Motherboard? Or a power supply?

What version of Windows are you running and what antivirus program are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-randomly.186640/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have this problem since past few weeks and i cant find a solution for it and was hoping if anyone could help me out.
The problem that i am having is that every time i listen to music or watching vidoes in net randmoly there are glitches like pauses and the sound sometimes gets robotic or goes slow motion.
Also when i turn my computer it takes my computer about 7-8 minutes to boot.

Here are my Specs.
Motherboard: Intel corporation D945GCCR AAD78647-301
Bios: Intel Corp. CR94510J.86A.0037.2007.0103.1611
Manufacturer Intel
Version Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz Package: Socket 775 LGA
Supported Voltage 1.420 v
Memory Type DDR2 PC2 5300 (333 MHz)
Installed Size 512 MBytes x2 total (1GB Ram) - 266.0 MHz
Sound card - inbuilt
Video card - inbuilt

Can anyone help me out

One make sure the system CPU heat-sink fin are not clogged with dust same goes for the PSU and the rest of the system board. If there is dust remove it with a can of dust remover.

Try using AGP video card at 8x with 256MB and Video Sound Card instead of onboard. You might one to do this the easiest way is to buy the AGP card first then try it and see if the hicups go away. Remember to disable onboard video too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-randomly.140130/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi everyone first of all mery christmas and a happy newyear to you all well here it comes my problem is the continuation of i have a pc wich i configured myself now all these parts are brand new the problem lays here since i installed everything on and in my pc it freezes up up pc randomly freezes at random times up to - times a day you can do the math of rebooting the pc yourself if you know that pc freezes up randomly this problem occurs from octobre im at the end of my latin here ill number up the solutions i already tried i formatted the pc more then times already no lies the pc refuses to install XP so i use Windows home premium bit instead the pc went back to the shop pc freezes up randomly they tried everything they could by replacing and testing every single part pc freezes up randomly of hardware the recognize that there is a problem but they couldnt solve it they stress tested and benchmarked the pc and all but are powerless its a problem for the books they said i sincerly hope that you guys could provide me with a solution im really fed up with this built and it costed me allot of money and i couldnt enjoy it once it comming so close that i want to smash it up and throw it out of the window my built is - motherboard Intel dx s - processor Intel I - graphicscard Nvidia Geforce GTS gb - memory x GB ddr - hdd TB hdd - power W powersupply - fans for the heat sincerly sturmer ps if you need more info plz lett me know nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I recently built my own computer that I had been saving up for I put it together installed the OS everything was fine Then it started freezing during games or when I m just sitting listening to music The mouse becomes unresponsive all sounds completely stop and I can t use the keyboard at all I ve been monitoring the temperature of the CPU GPU etc during gameplay and it never reaches above degrees Celsius PC randomly freezes? so it couldn t be that It s really getting on my nerves especially when I m Skyping with friends and suddenly I have to hard reset the computer Here s my PC specs PC randomly freezes? Spoiler CPU Intel Core i - GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard Asus B M-A D Micro ATX LGA Memory G Skill Ripjaws Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage A-Data Premier SP GB quot SSD amp Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive GPU EVGA GeForce GTX GB SuperSC ACX Video PC randomly freezes? Card PSU CORSAIR CX series CX M W ATX V v PLUS BRONZE Certified OS Windows I was thinking it might be the motherboard But I really have no clue EDIT I don t know if this will help but I did a Speccy scan nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-randomly-freezes.1168327/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I ve just installed Windows Ultimate bit On my PC which is nearly years old I have so far only installed a few things McAfee Mozilla firefox Nvidia drivers sound drivers USB internet card etc I ve been trying to figure out this problem I ve been having where the whole Please randomly PC help freezes! computer freezes and I cannot move PC randomly freezes! Please help mouse ctrl alt del or anything and I have to manually restart the computer with the power button for it to come back on I ll boot back up everything will be fine then Boom does it again I don t get any error code or anything I really don t think it is a heat issue like I have seen for many problems like this as I have liquid cooling and from what I see a lot of fans in my PC on each side in front on back and I think on the motherboard also I have registry mechanic and have scanned and fixed all issues with the registry and still get this problem I do not know much about computers at all and really have no clue what is going on I really need help as this is stopping me doing anything on my PC Edit Forgot to add I have reformatted times over the last days and still have this problem Cheers Andy nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

My PC will freeze at random, sometimes as it's booting up, sometimes 5 minutes into use, as I'm writing it hasn't frozen for 20 mins or so. There is no indicator as to when it will happen.

Things I have changed since the problem started: I added an Audigy SoundBlaster SE and intalled the drivers over a week ago. I added a 2.1 speaker system (incl. sub) but I have experienced freezing even when the power is switched off at the mains. I added a D-Link USB hub a few days ago which has my modem, external HDD and MP3 cable plugged in. Other than that I have installed MAME32 (a computer game emulator) and that's about it.

I'm running WinXP Pro (SP2), I have a 400w power supply, AMD 2700xp, 512 DDR. Anything else you need to know please ask.

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome To TSF.

Can you get into safe mode?

Jay.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-randomly-173941.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi My PC has been freezing randomly When that happens the system does not respond There is no error message or blue screen of death When it crashes it does not automatically reboot After pressing the restart button my PC wont boot up until I completely switched it off for some time I scanned that PC with Avast Anti virus and it came back clean Suspecting malware to be the problem I posted a HijackThis log here http www bleepingcomputer com forums top tml entry and DaveM has checked my HijackThis Log I'm using Windows XP Home SP and it is updated frequently Thanks for your help Hi TheGonK Welcome to Bleeping Computer I have examined your HijackThis log and it shows no evidence of malware There is a lineO - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kthis indicates that the system has crashed When the system freezes does it show a blue screen with an error message If so the next time your computer crashes please write down the entire message including all numbers and letters Post that information in a new topic on the Windows XP forum not here Please mention that I Pc Freezes Randomly have checked your log for malware If the system stops responding and does not put up a blue screen post that information to the same forum The only thing I can do is to press the restart button on the PC and my PC wont boot up for a random time Be sure to mention that after the system crashes it will not reboot right away This may be an important clue My guess is that you have a hardware failure but there are folks at the XP forum who Pc Freezes Randomly have a lot more experience than I do They will be able to guide you in diagnosing the problem One suggestion -- if you do not have an up-to-date backup of your data files make one now Pc Freezes Randomly Good luck Dave

A:Pc Freezes Randomly

A heat problem or bad memory module can cause these problems also. Both are easy to determine.Follow the instruction in the following link to determine if it is heat relate because of dirt or an broken fan. Cleaning the Interior of your PCThe memory test is just as easy. Not as fun if you like to tinker with the hardware, like you would cleaning the inside of the computer. It consists of a program, Mem86 memory tester, that either boots from a floppy or CD.I would start with the memory test. I am not saying this isyour problem, but it is an easy way to rule out two possibilities.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75858/pc-freezes-randomly/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all..
I have this problem since 2 Days, before that everything was fine..

Right now XP freezes randomly and mainly during..

Antivirus scan (ESET Nod32)
Antimalware scan (A2 Anti-Malware)
registry cleaner scan (ccleaner)
Installing any new software
Uninstalling any software
randomly sometimes at the start up
firefox with multiple tabs, or while on youtube

Tried system restore... but it freezes in between even in safe mode

This problem is in both OS.. Ubuntu and XP.. So might be a hardware issue!! but no new hardware installed..

What to do now? As system freezes while scanning and system restore..

My system info:

Intel Pentium III 933MHz
Desktop Board : D815EEA2
384 MB SD RAM
OSs: Windows XP Pro SP2 and Ubuntu 8.04
Samsung samtron 55v monitor 15"
Graphic card: Intel 82815 graphic controller
ACPI Power Controll
C-Media PCI CM8738 4 channel soundcard
Realtech Ethernet controller (Hanghaou silan microchip)
160GB Seagate HDD

A:XP freezes Randomly..

If your computer is not at least Sevice Pack 1 installed, do so immediately. It could be some missing patches that's causing the computer to hang from my experience. But you can directly install Service pack 2/3. But remember to clean up all your cache from the temp folder before you do the patching. But since you're using only a P3, it's probably time to upgrade your hardware as well. As it might take a while to do this patch.

Melvin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-randomly-302462.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all I'm new to this forum so please go easy on me if I say or do something that's just plain stupid I am running XP Pro and I've been experiencing random freezing of my system It will be running normally then suddenly I'll get green lines which will overlay the screen The system will then freeze then everything will disappear off the screen although the machine sounds like it's still running Freezes.... Randomly XP the fan etc is XP Randomly Freezes.... still running To get things started I will have to restart using the manual button cause there is nothing on the screen Once restarted everything goes back to normal however sometimes I will get an 'Active Desktop Recovery' message This does not happen everytime I use SKype alot and it freezes while I'm on calls however it will freeze even XP Randomly Freezes.... when the computer is just sitting idle I'm XP Randomly Freezes.... lost and want to be able to fix this problem myself so I can learn something My feeling is that it seems to happen more when weather is hotter although this is just my gut feel I use ZoneAlarm Security Suite and scan regularly with Spybot Please help Jamie

A:XP Randomly Freezes....

Do you have a separate graphics card installed, and if so, does the motherboard have onboard graphics also? Does the PC make any beeps just before or during the problem?

PS, people are only plain stupid if they don't ask for help, so don't run yourself down mate!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-randomly-freezes-206515.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I have an old HP Pro microtower PC i nbsp Because of performance problems I replaced the original memory with x GB Kingston DDR and added a GB Samsung SSD There is a TB Silicon Power external HDD connected to it nbsp Nowadays nbsp I am detecting random freezes nbsp The computer stops responding no mouse no keyboard I have to restart it nbsp with the physical power button After the restart randomly PC freezes it usually takes - minutes to reach the HP logo of nbsp the boot screen a lot longer than usual I cannot connect the phenomenon to a given software or time It PC freezes randomly usually happens when I am using Chrome but I use it in of my computer time so it can be a simple coincidence It happens when nbsp scrolling a webpage or playing a flash game sometimes when I try to wake up the PC from sleep Software that are usually running - Avast Home Avir- Dropbox- Chrome nbsp What I did - changed the SSD before the Samsung it happened with an OCZ SSD drive too - did a memory test two individual memtest programs determined the memory sticks be OK - did a clean Windows installStill it freezes at random times nbsp nbsp Any tips are welcome

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/PC-freezes-randomly/td-p/5703385
Relevancy 46.01%

Okay, I'm getting this issue and it seems bother me for a long long time. My desktop randomly freeze (often in browsing and playing any games). I did reformat my PC for, I think 7 to 8 times, buying new PSU, new motherboard and processor, update all drivers and even do the FurMark and MemTest86 for many times even leave it for overnight but still the problems exist. What can I do again?

My specs :

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
6GB Ram
Radeon HD 6950 Graphic card
Seagate 320GB HDD
MSI 970A-G43 Motherboard
PSU 580

A:PC Randomly Freezes.

Welcome to the forums vicyond!

Have you tried running a sfc/scannow to check for and possibly repair any damaged/corrupted system files? We have many excellent tutorials here at the forums, heres one on how to do that if you haven't before, just click on the link.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328792-pc-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi. My PC randomly freezes and the only way to power it off is via the PSU switch. I did SFC scans and swapped out the old RAM with new one but it still freezes. I also scanned for viruses and ran CCleaner. I don't get any errors at all, it just freezes. I'm completely stumped, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

PC Specs:
GPU: EVGA GTX 650 1GB
CPU: Intel E5400 @ 2.7Ghz
RAM: 2.50 GB
Motherboard: ASROCK G31M-GS R2.0
PSU: ThermalTake TR2 600W
HDD: WD 160 GB

Nothing is overclocked.

A:PC Randomly Freezes

I have had the same issue before when I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 8.1 on one of my machines. I got random computer freezes and hangs. I installed all necessary windows updates and updated the devices drivers but the problem still persists until when I tried to clock down my RAM settings in BIOS and the issue have been resolved so far.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-randomly-freezes.203772/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys i'm superbboy,

I've got a problem with my laptop.
It crashes/freezes randomly and gives my like no internet for a fhew seconds and then it's ok again.
But sometimes it freezes for 30 seconds and my network card is then shut off!
I have no clue why it's doing this!
I have to restart my computer to continue working with the web for some reason and that is the problem i need the web or else i can't do my work for school ...
Can somebody come up with a solution and quick because this is driving me nuts!

Sincerely,

Superbboy

A:Xp freezes randomly

C'mon guys i really need support with this please help me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-randomly-438163.html
Relevancy 46.01%

First of all im sorry about my bad english and im sorry if i started the thread in the wrong place Okay im not sure how could I describe this on title sorry For a month im not sure my computer was saying an error like quot Phlanderingshahs dll not found quot or something like that upon the start of the computer i dont remember I wrote down to the google there was no any information freezes randomly. pc My about My pc freezes randomly. quot Phlanderingshahs dll quot However computer was doing every function normally Im not sure if my problem is related with that anyway just wanted you to know But few My pc freezes randomly. days ago i go out for - hours my pc was on and when i came back the computer was ULTRA SLOW wasn't responsing to any application i reseted pc few times nothing changed i couldnt even use internet to ask help Sometimes after i reset the computer it gives an error about quot werfault exe quot I reinstalled the operating system deleted everything in harddisks including system files and stuff It kinda worked but today it slowly happens again computer sometimes doesnt respond to applications like skype freezes needs a reset

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-pc-freezes-randomly-1148209.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys for a few months now i have been getting these randomly freezes and they keep increasing in numbers SOmetimes a day can pass without any problems and i normally get pc freezes daily so i have to restart the randomly. freezes PC Pc It froze when playing games watching movies browsing etc then While Trying to format the Pc So i couldnt even format Got to the Set region settings and it PC freezes randomly. just froze PC freezes randomly. I am also having troubles booting the pc today i had to turn the pc on for like times and sometimes it freezes in the Win loading screen PC freezes randomly. so completly random My PC is like years old and only the Gpu and Psu are bought this year i also read the Battery needs to get changed every years and that could be the cause never changed it This is my pc Cpu Intel Pentium Dual CPu E Ghz Gb ram Gtx mb Psu Seasonic W Bronze Win bit Socket Mobo GCM-S L GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket - GA- GCM-S L rev I wanted to re seat the gpu but the gpu is so big i cant reach the thing bellow it

A:PC freezes randomly.

Hi,

Possible memory issues, especially since you mentioned it happened even when going to perform a clean install.

Memtest86+:

Quote:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Quote:

http://www.memtest.org/

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

http://forum.canardpc.com/threads/28864-FAQ-please-read-before-posting

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-freezes-randomly-701833.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Sometimes I will be watching a movie or something small and my computer will just randomly freeze. I am running a Dell XPS 700 with 4gb of ram and a Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPSs). My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX. I heard my computer had an excellent cooling system...any thoughts?

My computer does high-end things like video editing and gaming..And this isn't a freeze like it slows down, no. The computer just stops and I no longer lose control. I must reboot. It happens about once a day...

A:Computer Randomly Freezes

What OS are you using?

Try taking it down to runlevel 3 (Ctrl + Alt + F3) and running top (if you're using Linux) or checking your Task Manager (if you're using Windows) for processes using a lot of CPU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-freezes.592487/
Relevancy 45.58%

Win has been randomly freezing for the past month having installed about months ago The computer freezes up no response from mouse keyboard or monitor -- However I am Win7 freezes Pro randomly x64 able to see the screen no BSOD as long as it doesn't go to sleep I've tried a couple potential solutions Switched power management to Performance and turned off all sleep power down options Cleaned registry with registry cleaner Ran chkdsk Tried to update all drivers seems all are up to date by win standards I've looked through the Event Viewer but I am no expert and do not know how to troubleshoot System Events If anyone has any tips tricks workarounds potential solutions I would appreciate any help Please see my sysinfo below Code CPU-Z TXT Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU-Z version Processors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Number of processors Number Win7 x64 Pro freezes randomly of Win7 x64 Pro freezes randomly threads APICs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor -- Core -- Thread -- Thread Processors Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name Intel Pentium Codename Prescott Specification Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Package platform ID Socket LGA x CPUID F Extended CPUID F Core Stepping G Technology nm Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz Rated Bus speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX SSE SSE SSE EM T L Data Win7 x64 Pro freezes randomly cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size Trace cache Kuops -way set associative L cache KBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control no Thread dumps ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Thread APIC ID Topology Processor ID Core ID Thread ID Type h Max CPUID level h Max CPUID ext level h Cache descriptor Level D KB thread s Cache descriptor Level U MB thread s Cache descriptor Level T KB thread s CPUID x x x E x C E x E x x F x x D xBFEBFBFF x x B x x x C x x x x x x x x C F x F x x x x C F x FF x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x E x x C x x E x D x x x x E x A x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x MSR x B x xFEE MSR x x x MSR x C x x F F MSR x A x x C CPU Thread APIC ID Topology Processor ID Core ID Thread ID Type h Max CPUID level h Max CPUID ext level h Cache descriptor Level D KB thread s Cache descriptor Level U MB thread s Cache descriptor Level T KB thread s CPUID x x x E x C E x E x x F x x D xBFEBFBFF x x B x x x C x x x x x x x x C F x F x x x x C F x FF x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x E x x C x x E x D x x x x E x A x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x MSR x B x xFEE MSR x x x MSR x C x x F F MSR x A x x C Chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge ATI RS RC RC rev Southbridge ATI SB rev Memory Type DDR Memory Size MBytes Channels Single Memory Frequency MHz CAS latency CL RAS to CAS delay tRCD RAS Precharge tRP Cycle Time tRAS Memory SPD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIMM SMBus address x Memory type DDR Module format Regular UDIMM Manufacturer ID Micron Technology C Size MBytes Max bandwidth PC - MHz Part number HTF AY- EE Serial number E B C Manufacturing date Week Year Number of banks Data width bits Correction None Nominal Voltage Volts EPP no XMP no JEDEC timings table CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC frequency JEDEC - - - - MHz JEDEC - - - - MHz SPD registers A B C D E F E A D C C E C D C E E C F E C D E B C FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF A FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF B FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF C FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF D FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF... Read more

A:Win7 x64 Pro freezes randomly

Total lockups can be some of the most difficult problems to troubleshoot deterministically, mostly because it is so difficult to extract info at the time of the problem manifestation.

Emphasis should be placed on trying to determine whether it's a software-layer or a hardware problem, especially if the hardware is relatively new and untested. To that end, try the following as a suggestion:

1) Run the box in safe mode (or [safe mode + net] if you must) long enough to convince yourself whether the same lockups occur there or not. If not, that is a very good indicator of a software root cause.

2) Don't boot to Windows at all but instead go into the BIOS configuration menu (probably 'Del' on startup on your machine) and stay there for hours or even over the weekend if necessary. Should the machine lock up during that time - even once - it's a hardware-level problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/29867-win7-x64-pro-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

ok, i will use the computer for maybe 1hr, 2hrs or even just 1 minute, but after a while, it alway freezes! i cant use the mouse or keyboard, and if i have music on, all i hear is a fast repetition of a short sound. everytime i run an antivirus, it will freeze before it can complete!

i have a mesh 1.4 Ghz 40GB with 768Mb RAM. do you have any idea? im new to this, don't really know what information to include.

Thanks in advance

A:computer randomly freezes please help!!!

Sounds like your RAM could be going bad. Maybe try swapping the modules into different slots (ie. Take stick A and put it in stick B's slot, put stick B in stick A's slot.)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-freezes-please-help.486278/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everyone I m having an issue with my PC that has troubled me for quite some time now The computer will freeze at random times like hardware lag and then return to normal During the freezing the HDD activity light stays solid yellow unlike the normal flickering Depending on what I Randomly Computer Freezes was doing at the time it lasts around seconds and then everything is normal In video games when it often does this it will speed up and fast Computer Randomly Freezes forward through what happened while it was frozen as if someone paused it and then hit the fast forward button to catch up It mainly only happens while I am playing a game or watching a fullscreen movie Sometimes it will happen when I m just on the Internet or even doing nothing I can almost always replicate the issue by playing a fullscreen game and Computer Randomly Freezes having Facebook open in the background I ve done numerous tests on the various hardware and everything has came out fine I m not sure what it could be Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU Computer Randomly Freezes GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard EVGA -BL-E Tylersburg Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated and Enabled Things I ve tested Video stress test CPU stress test HDD tests Memory tests Temperature and voltage monitoring Virus scans As I said everything came out fine and no errors ever came up for anything This really has me stumped Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-freezes.1000418/
Relevancy 45.58%

This weekend I installed WinXP SP2 on a Celeron 1.7 ghz machine.
Previously it worked perfectly, but now the system hangs without notice when installing Network Software (XP setup screen).

Changed the RAM (DDR2100) memory and still the PC freezes @ that point.
After that I changed the Video Card and WinXP installed perfectly, but now the PC freezes in WinXP itself (doing nothing, just mousing ).

Specs :

Celeron 1.7
256 MB DDR 2100
HDD 40 GB
Nvidia TNT2

Must tell that I put in the original RAM again as extra memory.
Any idea's ?

A:Windows XP SP2 freezes randomly

Have you recently installed any hardware onto the computer? Checked your drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-sp2-freezes-randomly.58913/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been working on this computer for a couple of months It started out just freezing up here and there amp now it freezes so often I can hardly use the computer It freezes when on internet when using any software or when doing noting or just clicking on my programs will cause it to freeze It freezes anywhere between a few minutes of use to an hour of use It does not show any messages it just stops and will not even Everything Tried Freezes Computer Randomly ** ** react to CTRL amp Alt amp DEL I can not directly relate the freezing to any particular cause software etc Because of this I believe it may be a hardware problem Here is the information about my computer -Intel Pentinum CPU GHZ Computer Freezes Randomly ** Tried Everything ** mghz - Ram - each same kind - Hard Drives amp divided partitions -ACPI uniprocessor -AOPEN ATX gt power supply -sony cd rw drv a -I think rage fury video card -Cable Modem with latest version of Internet Explorer -Windows XP Pro ver with serviec pack I also have external drives that I disconnected since problems began I also have a usb hub that I have disconnected since problems began Printer Scanner amp Firewire card have also Computer Freezes Randomly ** Tried Everything ** been removed since problems began I currently have Ad Aware updated and try to use regularly Spy Bot updated and try to use regularly K Anti Virus and try to use regularly I have also run hijak this searching for possible problems with programs that run at startup but all items are legitmate Since beginning my troubleshooting a couple of months ago I have formatted both Hard drives two times amp reinstalled win xp I hardly have any programs installed now cleaned out inside of computer and had a new fan put in Cleaned amp Defragmented C I have checked in device manager and looked for conflicting devices and checked all drivers --they all seem to be current and all devices are working properly I had a cd reader and a floppy drive that were not working amp had them unhooked also I do not know what I should do next --or what I should try to trouble shoot next The computer is only around yrs old amp I think it is a good size and fast system to give up on PLEASE any suggestions or assistance would be appreciated Thanks in advanced email protected nbsp

A:Computer Freezes Randomly ** Tried Everything **

The usual suspects:

- Heat
- Memory failure
- Video Card Failure ( or loose )
- Power Supply Failure
- HDD failure
- MotherBoard failure - particularly if cd's quit working

First thing I would do is run a memory test ( Google memtest86 )
then run hard drive diagnostics ( available from the manufacturer)
Reinstall the OS to rule out software problems
change out the Power Supply

wrs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-randomly-tried-everything.332506/
Relevancy 45.58%

Ever since I reinstalled Windows 8.1 64-bit (Accidentally reset RAID 0 settings) I've been getting abnormal freezing on my desktop. Can't click on icons or do anything that's associated with the desktop, but I can still use my task bar and run any program just fine. After a few seconds it unfreezes, and I can use the desktop again like normal - Just happens like every 15 minutes.

I know this isn't a virus because I recently did a clean installation. I even ran Malwarebytes plus a full Kaspersky Virus Scan. Also checked my GPU / CPU Temps and they are at normal ranges. I have latest Beta Drivers (14.4) for AMD as well.

Any idea what it could be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

A:Desktop Freezes Up Randomly

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-freezes-up-randomly.1124588/
Relevancy 45.58%

My XP desktop locks up freezes randomly Everything is still on the screen Looks normal fans run in the randomly XP locks up/freezes PC but is it frozen I have to shut it off and restart Then it works fine until it randomly XP locks up/freezes randomly locks up It sometimes gives the blue screen if im in middle of using it but most times it will just lock up Other times it will reboot itself Started happening a few weeks back but seems to have gotten progressively worse I used to last for a few hours but now it can happen seconds after I log in other times it will let me use for - mins Here s my hijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files M-Audio Uno UnoInst exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System nvraidservice exe C WINDOWS System wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files AMD AMD Power Monitor AMD Power Monitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA Sony SONICS SsAAD exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech comp hptskmgr exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Documents and Settings Cliff Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NVRaidService C WINDOWS System nvraidservice exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atipta... Read more

A:XP locks up/freezes randomly

go to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the .dmp files in there and zip them up, attach the zip file in your next post using the "Go Advanced" button, then click the paper clip icon to attach the zip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-locks-up-freezes-randomly.860337/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys Intermediate user here system is freezing randomly Don t really know what is causing the problem So I downloaded HJ This and that info is below my system info Can you please help me analize their report Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks randomly System freezes Deb Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz System freezes randomly x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Go Sony Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Antivirus PC Cleaner Pro Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio stacmon exe C Program Files AutoInstall ZD B Auto Install CD Only Gen ACE FF AutoEJCD EXE C Program Files sony Wireless adapter ZDWLan EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVG Secure Search vprot exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG PC Tuneup DuplicateFileFinder exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files highjackthis Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook no name - EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - B C- C F- BF -B - A - C Program Files AVG Secure Search AVG Secure Search toolbar dll O - HKLM Run SigmaTel StacMon C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio stacmon exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Wireless Adapter Manager C Program Files sony Wireless adapter ZDWLan EXE -minisize O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe AR... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-freezes-randomly.1044258/
Relevancy 45.58%

Every so often the screen just randomly freezes and I can t do anything The mouse cursor doesn t move CTRL ALT DELETE doesn t work everything is completely stuck I m usually browsing the Internet when it happens but once it happened just after booting up when I was moving the mouse on the Username screen I m not sure whether it s a problem with the computer or the monitor The monitor fell to the floor a while ago which makes me think it freezes randomly Computer could be that although it worked fine for up to a month after it happened plus sometimes when I Computer randomly freezes try to boot up right after I ve had to turn it off when it Computer randomly freezes s froze the monitor doesn t work it all It stays on the standby orange light although the computer sounds like it s starting up fine On the other hand when it s froze the Num Caps Scroll Lock lights on the keyboard don t work either Is there anyway I can figure out whether it s the computer or the monitor SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Duron tm processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB M Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard VT - Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I have just installed Windows Professional on my PC Although my computer is fairly old and doesn't have a great deal of RAM CPU power I ran the utility that came on the DVD to check if my PC could run Windows and it passed everything The computer previously had Windows freezes randomly Computer XP and ran fine if Computer freezes randomly a little slow and I reformatted it as it was becoming ridiciously slow are startup and had some problems updating After installing when I start up the machine the quot Starting Windows quot screen with the Windows logo flickers strangely - the Windows logo and the text appears on the left and right as well as in the middle definately not right After that Windows starts up as normal As well as that which isn't too much of an issue I get random crashes after anywhere between seconds and an hour where Windows just Computer freezes randomly freezes I can't move the mouse or do anything but turn my PC off by holding down the power button I initially thought it was something to do with my graphics card drivers due to the flickering screen but I have updated all my drivers in between crashes and there has been no difference Can anyone help with this

A:Computer freezes randomly

Fill in your computer specs, so that we will have some information in order to help you. A guess with no information would be that it is a RAM problem or graphics drivers. How much ram do you have, did you do the memory diagnostic test? Is your ram being utitilized, totally. These are some of the questions, that we require answers. Post your specs, get the information that we need and we will help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51478-computer-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm trying my hardest to give Windows another chance I switched to a Mac around the time SE wasn't cool anymore Now I'm back in school trying my hand at other things and I thought oh what the heck lets build a pc So I did Everything went fine until I installed Windows It worked fine for a while but all of a sudden it wanted to freeze clock mouse cursor everything I had no BSOD or anything I reformatted the HD a few times partitioned one part XP the other Still it freezes At first it would only freeze when Windows wanted to run it's updates So I turned auto updates off Then it would just randomly freeze I tried checking the Event Viewer but couldn't find anything that made sense to me XP runs fine I do everything in XP Visual Basic my Real Estate software Komodo run multiple apps at one time play games whatever it works No freezing nothing I just don't get it I don't have the PC IQ yet to figure it out Heck my girlfriend was playing Sims on for hours and it worked fine Then I would run an app browser or 7 freezes Windows randomly anything and it would freeze min in or hour in Any ideas on how I can isolate the problem and fix this I like I really do want to give Windows another shot Just tell me what I can do Right now I have XP running on one Windows 7 randomly freezes partition and on another All other specs should be included in my profile Thanks edit i have updated the BIOS as of two weeks ago

A:Windows 7 randomly freezes

Will that work with having two partitions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/53198-windows-7-randomly-freezes.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'll be watching a youtube video, playing some poker, maybe just loaded up a PC game and BOOM...the monitor turns all sorts of weird colours and is completely frozen. No BSOD...no error message....nothing. No idea where to go with this, there are no overt signs of virus's or malware it seems like a hardware issue. I downloaded a program to test the RAM (can't remember the name) and it said the RAM was fine but other than that I have no idea what to do.

Relevancy 45.58%

I don t know what to do but the problem came from out of no where yesterday Everything was working fine and then all of a sudden a freezeup came and it was freezes Randomly! Computer frozen to the point that I couldn t even ctrl alt del to go to task manager Since then the PC has been freezing randomly out of no where This morning I tried to restore the computer to a previous point but I had difficulty After that I took some advice and did a disk cleanup and tried system restore but when I went back into system restore I was stuck on today and couldn t go back to any other previous restart point I do not know what to do What is the cause of my pc freezing up out of no where What is the root of this problem Please help me All help would be appreciated Sorry about that Please delete the other thread mods I gave the wrong thread title Computer freezes Randomly! nbsp

A:Computer freezes Randomly!

Here goes my logfile: I keep posting in the other thread by accident.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 12:06:03 PM, on 12/5/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\Mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\VsTskMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\bin\hprblog.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://toolbar.inbox.com/search/disp...%s&tbid=%tb_id
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.inbox.com/?tb_id=80230
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\Core\smax4pnp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\TBMon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [updateMgr] C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AdobeUpdateManager.exe AcRdB7_1_0
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-freezes-randomly.883023/
Relevancy 45.58%

So I was trying to watch quot Heartbreak Ridge quot in avi format and it will run fine for a bit but then all of a sudden vista locks Randomly Freezes Vista up so tight that I can't even do a ctrl alt Del I have to manually reboot the pc for it to work and then when I try to play a movie again it will just Vista Freezes Randomly freeze I have noticed it is not limited to movies as I have seen it happen when it goes to screensaver Vista Freezes Randomly you will see half of the image being drawn and then it freezes My System Temp atm is C I will list my spec below so you can see what i'm working with Intel core quad Ghz processor EVGA NVIDIA Digital pwn ftw edition motherboard gb DDR MHz Vista Freezes Randomly Corsair DHX RAM W Corsair TX Powersupply GB Western Digital RPM Hardrive Nvidia GeForce GT MB graphics card Stage High performance Liquid Chilled Frostbite System for CPU Tarantual Gaming Keyboard Razer Mamba Mouse The case is a Antec Hopefully that should help get some answers flowing to this b c i've tried everything I can think of Memory Test came back ok I refered to the log files forgot how I got there as I used google and I read through it everything seemed to be ok few warnings here and there but it wasn't pertinent to the problem Any assitance to this problem would be greatly appreciated DJ

A:Vista Freezes Randomly

Are Nvidia driver up to date? Is your GeForce 9800 GT overheating?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/228814-vista-freezes-randomly.html