Windows Support Forum

Are Nvidia G Force Game Ready Drivers Updates important ?

Q: Are Nvidia G Force Game Ready Drivers Updates important ?

I am getting an Update message from my Nvidia Gforce Experience Software , regarding a New Game Ready Driver Version 355.60

I currently have a Game Ready Update , Version 353.62 which i updated on 20th July 2015.Just so you know , i also updated my Nvidia graphics Driver (Nvidia Gforce Experience forced me to update Cuz it stopped me from doing any editing in Nvidia Control Panel.So after i accepted the Updates installation , i was allowed to edit Nvidia Control Panel again) , which is now letting me play games at their MAX.For instance , i am playing Assassin's Creed Unity , with TXAA Anti Aliasing ON.

So , anyway , do i really need to install this latest Nvidia Gforce Game Ready Driver Version 355.60 update ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Are Nvidia G Force Game Ready Drivers Updates important ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Are Nvidia G Force Game Ready Drivers Updates important ?

You don't have to install it if your current drivers are running fine, however most gamers like to keep their graphics drivers up to date. If you decide to udate the drivers follow NVIDIA GeForce Experience: A Beginner's Guide to perform a clean install.

Personally I like to update my graphics drivers manually, but if Experience is your preferred method then that is the best route to take.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/379529-nvidia-g-force-game-ready-drivers-updates-important.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Changes and Fixed Issues in Version The following sections list the important changes and the most common issues resolved in this version This list is only a WHQL GeForce nVidia drivers 358.50 Ready Game subset of nVidia GeForce Game Ready 358.50 WHQL drivers the total number of changes made in this driver version The NVIDIA bug number is provided for reference Windows Fixed Issues Frame rate drops to around FPS in MechWarrior Online after driver update Games made with RPG Maker exhibit flickering on Windows Windows Windows Windows Windows Vista Fixed Issues Mosaic DX Swap Group Barrier causes flashing on slave displays Release Graphics Drivers for Windows Version RN-W - v Open Issues in Version WHQL As with every released driver version WHQL of the Release driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it This section includes lists of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and in fact may not be NVIDIA issues Others may have workaround solutions Windows Issues G-SYNC GM Huge performance drop observed when any application is run in G-SYNC windowed mode This issue can be circumvented by running applications in full-screen mode Surround GTX Titan Black Metro apps are throwing error xc d cd when playing any video Multi-GPU No content seen in Windows Media Player SLI Batman Arkham Knights Severe stuttering seen especially in indoor scenes when the game is running at K resolution and NVIDIA Gameworks settings are turned on SLI Batman Arkham Knights Random flickering occurs in the game if SLI is enabled GM SLI Batman Arkham Knights Stuttering occurs and performance drops after shadow quality settings are toggled GM Blank screen observed on an ASUS Tiled display when system resumes from shutdown or hibernation with Fast boot option enabled from BIOS Windows Issues G-SYNC GM Huge performance drop observed when any application is run in G-SYNC windowed mode This issue can be circumvented by running applications in full-screen mode Release Graphics Drivers for Windows Version RN-W - v Open Issues in Version WHQL With a DTV connected and the resolution set to an HD D resolution through the NVIDIA Control Panel the display flickers constantly after installing the driver via INF over driver version DVision While a stereoscopic D video with stereoscopic D enabled is played the monitor refresh rate switches to Hz after changing the resolution using the Windows control panel Windows Issues Optimus Notebook After installing the driver the Device Manager includes an entry for the NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device but the entry has a yellow bang The NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device is not needed nor used on Optimus notebooks so there is no effect on your notebook function To remove the yellow bang reboot your notebook With a DTV connected and the resolution set to an HD D resolution through the NVIDIA Control Panel the display flickers constantly after installing the driver via INF over driver version Video Notebook Hulu Desktop When attempting to play videos using Hulu Desktop there is audio but no video Video Notebook Internet Explorer YouTube The NVIDIA Control Panel video color settings have no effect on YouTube flash video playback within Internet Explorer SLI GeForce series DirectX Dragon Age II Shadows flicker in the cutscene when SLI is enabled Windows Windows Vista Issues DVision While a stereoscopic D video with stereoscopic D enabled is played the monitor refresh rate switches to Hz after changing the resolution using the Windows control panel GeForce series Need for Speed The Run During the race the sun flickers and there are bright blips and black patches SLI Company of Heroes Tales of Valor With SLI enabled there is heavy flickering in the game after switching from windowed mode to full-screen mode NVS M Optimus F The game hangs while selecting Quit To Main Menu during gameplay SLI GeForce series DirectX Dragon Age II Shadows flicker ... Read more

A:nVidia GeForce Game Ready 358.50 WHQL drivers

They still testing Batman: Arkham Knights?! Geez, Warner Brother should be bankrupt already. They ruined this new Batman game.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-358-50-whql-drivers.51883/
Relevancy 81.27%

New in GeForce Game Ready Driver Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman Arkham Knight this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you ll have the best possible gaming experience With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience you ll have the best possible performance and nVIDIA Ready Driver 355.60 GeForce Game image quality during gameplay Just in time for the preview of Ashes of the Singularity this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you ll have the best possible gaming experience This driver also supports the Beta version of the GameWorks VR software development kit SDK As a result users will be able to enjoy the benefits of GameWorks VR with supporting applications and headsets for the first time Game Ready Best gaming experience for Ashes of the Singularity preview GameWorks VR Support Supports Beta release of GameWorks VR SDK including support for VR SLI Context Priority Direct Mode and Front Buffer Rendering Learn more at developer nvidia com vr Supported Products GeForce Series GeForce GTX TITAN X GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce M Series Notebooks GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce M nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.60 GeForce M GeForce M GeForce M GeForce Series GeForce GTX TITAN Z GeForce GTX TITAN Black GeForce GTX TITAN nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.60 GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti OEM GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti BOOST GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX SE GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX SE v GeForce GTX SE GeForce GTX GeForce GTS GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT Release Notes PDF for Windows Vista Release Notes PDF for Windows XP Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit via softexia com nbsp

A:nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.60

Here goes my screenshot

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-driver-355-60.49564/
Relevancy 81.27%

Supported Products GeForce Series GeForce GTX TITAN X GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce M Series Notebooks GeForce GeForce Game Ready nVIDIA 353.30 Driver GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce M GeForce M GeForce M GeForce M GeForce Series GeForce GTX TITAN Z GeForce GTX TITAN Black GeForce GTX TITAN GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti OEM GeForce nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 353.30 GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti BOOST GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX SE GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX SE v GeForce GTX SE GeForce GTX GeForce GTS GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT Release Notes nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 353.30 PDF for Windows Vista Release Notes PDF for Windows XP Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit via softexia com nbsp

A:nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 353.30

Many thanks for the info! I am very dubious about installing the latest drivers as, on my old laptop I had several crashes and one blue screen. NVIDIA seems to be going downhill.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-driver-353-30.47403/
Relevancy 81.27%

New in nVIDIA nVIDIA Driver Game Ready GeForce 347.25 GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL The new GeForce Game Ready driver release WHQL is aligned with today s launch nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 347.25 of the new GeForce GTX This new GPU brings the features power and efficiency of the second-generation Maxwell architecture to a more mainstream gaming audience One of the most popular features of the Maxwell architecture is Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing MFAA support With this latest release MFAA support is extended to nearly every DX and DX title In addition this Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you ll have the best possible gaming experience for the latest new blockbuster titles including Dying Light Game Ready Best gaming experience for Dying Light New GeForce GPU Supports the new GeForce GTX GPU based upon the second-generation Maxwell architecture Gaming Technology Expanded Multi-Frame Sampled Anti-Aliasing MFAA support for DX DX games Supported Products GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce M Series Notebooks GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce GTX M GeForce M GeForce M GeForce M GeForce M GeForce Series GeForce GTX TITAN Z GeForce GTX TITAN Black GeForce GTX TITAN GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti OEM GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti BOOST GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GTX SE GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX Ti GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GeForce Series GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX GeForce GTX SE v GeForce GTX SE GeForce GTX GeForce GTS GeForce GT GeForce GT GeForce GT Release Notes PDF for Windows Vista Release Notes PDF for Windows XP Homepage http www nvidia com Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit Via softexia com nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-driver-347-25.41112/
Relevancy 80.41%

Just in time for Battlefield Hardline Electronics Arts highly Driver Game-Ready 347.88 Nvidia WHQL Releases anticipated Battlefield Hardline game released to PC and consoles yesterday and with it Nvidia Nvidia Releases Game-Ready 347.88 WHQL Driver has a new WHQL driver release version that it says will ensure you ll have the best possible gaming experience in EA s latest title The new driver also comes right as Nvidia officially releases its newest flagship graphics card the GeForce Titan X check out our review of the Titan X here The driver adds support for the mighty Titan X which is based on the second-generation Maxwell architecture and also adds or updates a handful of SLI profiles They include Life is Strange - Added DX SLI Medieval Engineers - Added DX SLI NASCAR -- Added single SLI Trine - Added DX SLI Zombie Army Trilogy - Added DX SLI Though the newest driver is recommended for Battlefield Hardline Nvidia doesn t recommend running D Vision for the game the same goes for Project CARS and Saint s Row Gat Out of Hell Also included in the driver is Dynamic Range control which lets you use the full RGB color range for applications on HD displays You ll find the option by going to Nvidia Control Panel gt Display gt Adjust Desktop Color Settings You can download the latest driver here Source Release Notes PDF for Windows Vista Release Notes PDF for Windows XP Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Desktop for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver Notebook for Windows Vista -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver for Windows XP -bit nbsp

A:Nvidia Releases Game-Ready 347.88 WHQL Driver

Ahhhh man, I checked their site for a new release one hour ago... WHAT THE HELL?!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-releases-game-ready-347-88-whql-driver.43895/
Relevancy 79.55%

I recently have an Nvidia Gforce Game Ready Driver Version 347.88 Update , ready to get installed in my Nvidia Gforce Expeerience Software...

My System specs are :

GIGABYTE H97-D3H Motherboard
Zotac Nvidia GForce GTX 960 2 GB Graphics CARD
16 GB RAM
Intel Processor i7

I have the latest Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeros game running perfect at 60 Frames Per second (I belive) , as per my last check with Fraps....

Now,do i really need to install this latest Gforce Game Ready Driver Version 347.88 Update via Nvidia Gforce Expeerience Software OR not...Since,i have read many stories on forums regarding people updating their Nvidia Graphics Card Drivers and getting Windows CRASH,Nvidia CARDS stop working & some people complaining about getting low fps ...

A:To INSTALL or NOT , Nvidia Gforce Game Ready Driver Version 347.88 ...

The game ready drivers only contain game profile updates. Its fine to install them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/364698-install-not-nvidia-gforce-game-ready-driver-version-347-88-a.html
Relevancy 78.69%

NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version Version - WHQL Release Date Mon Mar WHQL 364.47 display Game driver version Ready GeForce NVIDIA Language English US Today we released NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version This driver ensures you will have an optimal experience with Tom Clancy s The Division Hitman Need for Speed Ashes of the Singularity and Rise of the Tomb Raider Click to expand Windows Fixed Issues Discrete GPU remains on by default even if no app is running Flickering is seen on the LVDS but not an external monitor when clone mode is set with G-SYNC enabled Assassin s Creed Syndicate With ShadowPlay enabled game crashes at launch pointing to nvwgf um dll System hangs during driver installation Stutter in NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version 364.47 DirectX games when AA forced override is used TDR on Adobe NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version 364.47 Illustrator CC with drivers after Release The Twitch broadcast game title NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version 364.47 does not match Twitch s game library SLI Assassin s Creed Syndicate needs an SLI profile Windows Windows Windows Windows Vista Fixed Issues Stutter in DirectX games when AA forced override is used GK Call of Duty Black Ops III volumetric light corruption SLI Tom Clancy s Rainbow Six Siege shows corruption when Alt Tab used in fullscreen mode SLI Assassin s Creed Syndicate needs an SLI profile SLI D Surround does not work in Titanfall nbsp

A:NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version 364.47

Code:
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-desktop-win10-32bit-international-whql.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-notebook-win10-32bit-international-whql.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-notebook-win8-win7-32bit-international-whql.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-desktop-winxp-32bit-international.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.47/364.47-desktop-winxp-64bit-international.exe

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-geforce-game-ready-whql-display-driver-version-364-47.57036/
Relevancy 78.69%

NVIDIA has announced the availability of its new GeForce graphics version which is the Game Ready driver that should provide the best gaming experience for titles such as Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain and Mad Max In Outs Download NVIDIA New - Version Game Ready 355.82 GeForce Driver addition to that the present release also fixes an issue where Oculus screen stays blank when running directmode exe -present test enables P P on Intel Z platforms and resolves the drastic tearing spotted on SLI configurations with K monitors When it comes to Windows systems alone these devices NVIDIA Outs New GeForce Game Ready Driver - Download Version 355.82 receive fixes for the NVIDIA Outs New GeForce Game Ready Driver - Download Version 355.82 wrong refresh rates listed in NVIDIA s Control Panel on GTX SLI cards as well as for the incorrect surround resolutions and NVIDIA Outs New GeForce Game Ready Driver - Download Version 355.82 their order spotted with GTX Ti GPUs As for supported OSes the producer has provided several downloadable files compatible with Microsoft s Windows XP Vista and platforms for both desktop and notebook configurations However bear in mind that XP and Vista operating systems aren t valid for notebooks Unfortunately there are a few known issues that are to be fixed in future releases such as stuttering flickering or performance drop with Batman Arkham Knights played on certain SLI systems Last but not least if you intend to apply this version on your computer simply save and run the appropriate package for your system make sure your GPU is supported by reading the release notes provided below and follow all instructions displayed on-screen Drivers filed under NVIDIA GeForce - Softpedia nbsp

A:NVIDIA Outs New GeForce Game Ready Driver - Download Version 355.82

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Desktop for Windows 10 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Desktop for Windows 10 64-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Notebook for Windows 10 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Notebook for Windows 10 64-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Desktop for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Desktop for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 64-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Notebook for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 355.82 Notebook for Windows 8.1/ 8/ 7/ Vista 64-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver 355.82 for Windows XP 32-bit

Download nVIDIA GeForce Driver 355.82 for Windows XP 64-bit

https://malwaretips.com/threads/nvidia-outs-new-geforce-game-ready-driver-download-version-355-82.50370/
Relevancy 76.97%

Quote:
The good news - if you grab the latest drivers then you will have noticed that GeForce Experience has received updates. If you are up-to date just hit check for updates in GeForce Experience. The bad news, Nvidia is forcing (in the near future) its Game Ready drivers to be downloaded through GeForce Experience. That means the software (which the majority of people feels is bloatware) will become mandatory to be able to download first wave drivers.

Source

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/383777-nvidia-force-drivers-downloaded-through-geforce-experience.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all,

on my girlfriend's pc I just installed a Nvidia Ge Force 6200. After rebooting, Seven installed the driver "Nvidia Ge Force 6200 - WDDM etc."
I instead installed latest Nvidia drivers from website (280.26). After this, windows performances show a score for Windows Aero only of 2,0. My question is: installing the latest drivers from website, is really better than keeping the ones installed by Seven? Thanks in advance and sorry for my English. Bye.

A:Doubt about best drivers for Nvidia Ge Force 6200 AGP 512Mb Ram

lucatomjoad, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Just installed one of those in my kids computer to replace a dying 9800 Pro (step backwards in performance, but $30.00 was cheaper than a new computer), and it gets the following,

Can't say how it would do with the latest as I avoiding using it after seeing some of the comments about the 280.26 here and elsewhere so went with the previous WHQL driver,

NVIDIA DRIVERS 275.33 WHQL

Also what was in it before and did you remember to uninstall the drivers for it before making the swap? If you did uninstall the previous cards driver, depending on which chipset is on the motherboard it may also take a re-install of the AGP driver (part of the chipset drivers, not from the cards driver) for the new card/drivers to work properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/184060-doubt-about-best-drivers-nvidia-ge-force-6200-agp-512mb-ram.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I installed P Nvidia Driver from the Dell webpage two days ago and it was fine and everything was good after the restart from the installation After finishing up my session i noticed that there BSOD installing Updates. Windows Nvidia Drivers + after is a window update so i shut down and left the computer to do the updating on it's own Today I switched on my computer to look BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates. at my timetable for today and after that put it to sleep mode After quot waking quot it up I was met with a BSOD after like minutes of use I then decided to system restore to before i did the updates It still BSOD albeit it took a longer time before that happened Right now im using Safe mode Networking to type this message out The computer does not seem to BSOD in safe mode so far I did the steps listed but i could not get the perfmon step working quot An error occured while attempting to generate the report quot Specs Windows bit OEM About months old both hardware and the OS Update I triggered a BSOD in normal mode so as to provide you guys with the Error Codes KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR STOP x A x xFFFFFFFFC D xFFFFFA E x Physical Memory Dump FAILED with status xC C I would appreciate the help given THANKS

A:BSOD after installing Nvidia Drivers + Windows Updates.

> Your difficulties were caused by the driver for Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control.
Uninstall if not needed.

> I also note you have McAfee.
McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
Please remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211640-bsod-after-installing-nvidia-drivers-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven't done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I'm wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer Thanks for the help

A:How Important Are Ms Office Updates? Are They Included In Windows Critical Updates?

I don't have that detection tool either. At least some of the office updates are available through the windows update feature. You can also navigate to the Office updates site from the windows update site. There are no problems with installing the office updates separately. In fact, I generally download only 1 or 2 updates at a time as I am on dial-up.

Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82313/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates/
Relevancy 61.49%

I ve got Office Student Edition all installed minus Outlook I haven t done any updates to it I did not install the Microsoft GDI Detection tool And I only updates? MS are Critical important How included Windows Are they Updates? Office in visit Windows Update not Microsoft Update and install the critical updates under custom install I m wondering Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update For How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? example there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom http isc sans org diary html storyid -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates Do you need the GDI thing to do Office Updates When you go to the Office Updates site it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing Is this necessary And can it How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? cause any problems Can doing critical Office updates separate from whatever if anything that comes with Windows Update cause any problems or conflicts with other How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates? things on your computer Thanks for the help nbsp

A:How important are MS Office updates? Are they included in Windows Critical Updates?

bloomcounty said:

I've got Office 2003 Student Edition (all installed, minus Outlook). I haven't done any updates to it. I did not install the Microsoft GDI+ Detection tool. And I only visit Windows Update (not Microsoft Update) and install the critical updates under custom install.

I'm wondering:

1. Are the updates for MS Office that are critical security things included when you do Windows Update? (For example, there are a number of things listed here towards the bottom: http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?storyid=2232 -- would those have been included in the last batch of critical Windows updates?

2. Do you need the GDI+ thing to do Office Updates?

3. When you go to the Office Updates site, it wants you to install and run some kind of Active X thing. Is this necessary? And can it cause any problems?

4. Can doing critical Office updates (separate from whatever, if anything, that comes with Windows Update) cause any problems or conflicts with other things on your computer?

Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

1. No. You either do Windows update and Office update, or you do Microsoft update, which does both at once.

2. I think so, but I am not positive. If you need it, it will install it, or, if you decline, you may not get updates. One way to find out, try it.

3. I don't think it will do the updates without it. Again, try it. It never caused any problems for me having it.

4. I can't guarantee that, nor can anyone else. Sometimes these "hotfixes" cause problems. Wait at least a few days after release to update was my motto. If there were any problems, you may hear about them, giving you the option to wait for that "fix" and, it gives MS time to be notified and correct it. Hopefully.

For what it's worth, I always kept my XP updated, waiting a few days after the release of course.
Hope this helps.
RootbeaR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-are-ms-office-updates-are-they-included-in-windows-critical-updates.546066/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi

Noticed this month that I suddenly had a lot of important updates to install when I check Windows update. Under important updates I have the likes of:

KB3055999 - Update APN database entry for SaskTel (Canada) in Windows 8.1 and 8
KB3045634 - You cannot make a PPP connection after you reconnect a PLC device in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

The article for both of these states: Provided as an Optional update for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1

Wondering why I have these and others listed as Important?

Thanks

Win 8.1

A:Optional updates listed under important updates

They are "only" important, so they are optional. "Critical" updates are not optional. MS-speak at its finest.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67262-optional-updates-listed-under-important-updates.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Can someone tell me what NVIDIA GE FORCE is for?
Do I need it in my computer

A:NVIDIA GE FORCE

NVidia GForce is your graphics card... yes you need it to see an image.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520163/nvidia-ge-force/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Everyone

I was trying to find latest driver update for Nvidia 6150 LE but couldn't find...
Anyone could give me direction...I did check their website too...

Also is there any program but windows update, that i could somehow check what drivers i need to update?

I mean does windows update is ok for that or I need googoling?

Thanks a lot

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi torrentg,

please could you help me out.!!!

I would appreciate it if you could compile a zip file, which would enable me cut and paste.

To make it easier, could you also choice a nvidia card from the nvidia home page, when you edit the file and communicate same to me.

My computer spec is as below:

Make : Compaq Persario F765EM (Windows 7 Ultimate)

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual - Core Processor TK-53 1.70GHz

RAM : 2.00GB

Sytem type: 32-bit Operating System

NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0533&SUBSYS_30EA103C&REV_A2
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0533&SUBSYS_30EA103C
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0533&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0533&CC_0300

Would appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks.

A:Nvidia Ge Force 7000m

hi mcameo, welcome to the forums, here is a link to the drivers you require NVIDIA DRIVERS 179.48 BETA if you have any problems post back and we will try to help you

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/84244-nvidia-ge-force-7000m.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm using Aspire 4520 and need help to for my Nvidia GeForce 7000m driver.I just cannot determine what driver for mine.My driver version is 179.67.I'll try to check update in Nvidia website,but it tells me about my gpu frm manufacturer.can some1 try to fix my problem here.Tanx!

A:Nvidia Ge Force 7000m

Yeah, I can fix it no problem for you.

Right click on the standard vga in device manager. Properties. Details tab. Change dropdown to hardware ids. Copy and paste results to here. No screenshot as alternative, please.

I'll make a custom .inf for you and tell you what to do to install.

In the meantime, download latest NVIDIA driver package from their site for any desktop card, like an 8800, doesn't matter.

Extract to C:\NVIDIA and await further instructions and my edited .inf.

Also, are you running x86 or x64 Windows?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/36492-nvidia-ge-force-7000m.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi to all!

I am using windows 7 RC x64 (build 7100) and i cant use 1680x1050 res on my monitor. Now i am using 1440x900. It shows me that i can use 1680x1050 res but when i apply, it automatic change to 1600x1200. So how i can force my grafic card to use 1680x1050?

I have nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
GeForce 8500

I am using Samsung SyncMaster 2023NW 20" Widescreen TFT Monitor
Play.com (UK) : Samsung SyncMaster 2023NW 20" Widescreen TFT Monitor : Computing - Free Delivery

Any help would be appreciated! Thank You!

A:How to force nvidia to use 1680x1050

Try using the Nvidia control panel and select the native resolution setting and use monitors built in scaling, I think you may have to use a DVI cable to get that option though, which is the best option anyway if you have it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/3980-how-force-nvidia-use-1680x1050.html
Relevancy 58.05%

no crashes so far with the nvidia windows 8 update
i was getting the same crashes as most on this forum.
it seem to me to be a video driver problem just on the way it was locking up
another strange think i found on installing win 8 is that it change my audio output ie. my front speakers became my back and back my front with no sub woofer or centre .. reinstalled software all good now
so far i am liking windows 8 it has improved handling of my pc . as yet i havent played a game and i will try it soon
cya

A:nvidia windows 8 update is ready ... go get it

cant find any new nvidia drivers through win update or in nvidia page, what's the driver date?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/6996-nvidia-windows-8-update-ready-go-get.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two T420s laptops, each with the NVidia Optimus option. On one of them, I regularly get an annoying popup message stating "GPU Ready to save power", typically when coming out of sleep. I've googled it and looked through the forums and knowledge base, and I've tried all kinds of settings in the NVidia control app, but I can't get rid of the message. I've also compared the NVidia configurations on the laptops, and I can't see any differences. Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this message (or why I should care about it)? It seems to be there just to annoy me. Thanks!

A:T420s with NVidia -- how to disable "GPU ready to ...

Hi dwhiting56Could you try to update your Intel iGPU and NVIDIA dGPU with the latest official driver? I only happened to see this message when I come out of sleep when my W520 is connected with a VGA monitor.
Peter  
W520 (4284-A99)
Does someone?s post help you? Give them kudos as a reward, as they will do better to improve | Mark it as solved if the solution works for you, so it could be reference for others in the future | Please do not email me regarding technical problems, you could post it in the forum
=====================================
Sound Enhancement (Post comments, share mixes, etc.)
Dolby Home Theater v4 ; IdeaPad Slate Tablet

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T420s-with-NVidia-how-to-disable-quot-GPU-ready-to-save-power/td-p/1178897
Relevancy 58.05%

I meet all the requirements for Battlefield Bad Company 2 aside from my cpu. It says I should have Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.0 GHz/AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better and I have PentiumŪ Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz. Would I still be able to run it?

A:How Important is your CPU When Trying To Run a Game?

Yes it will most likely run fine. Answering to your thread title, a CPU is as important to gaming as your brain is important for thinking, but the system requirements list provided with games is not 100% accurate, and you're not far from a Core 2 Duo with that processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-important-is-your-cpu-when-trying-to-run-a-game.971251/
Relevancy 57.62%

My friend has a AMD Dual Core PC Athlon 64x2 4200 with 1Gb Ram and nVidia Ge Force 7600GS Graphics Card with 512Mb Graphics Memory...dunno if its AGP or PCI-E....
However i would have thought with these specs it would it would be able to play games no bother but he seems to play games like.....Supreme Commander, Medal Honor and Gothic 3 and the frame rate slws right down so i suspect this may be the FX card...its always been like that... is this FX card under-performing? if so what are his options? the CPU he has is socket 939....
He has never changed any settings in the nVidia control centre... could they be set on a lower standard setting?

Relevancy 57.62%

I set everything in the the Nvidia Control Panel to force the system to use my Nvidia Geforce 850M GPU, since I noticed that it wasn't ever switching. I also set it to display on the screen what GPU the Physx engine is using, and it always uses the onboard Intel GPU. I also checked my system information, and the Nvidia card is listed as a render-only card. From what I've googled, that means that it isn't being fully utilized. Does anyone have information on this? My games seem fairly slow compared to what a couple of sites have said my card should be able to handle. For example, Arkham Knight has to run on low graphics for my FPS to be decent and not lag. I know I'm on a laptop, but my system specs should be able to handle more.

A:Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU

You need to go into the BIOS setup and disable the onboard graphics. While there check that BIOS is using the correct PCI-E socket.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/35209-force-nvidia-instead-onboard-intel-gpu.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello would like to know if I can connect my svideo tv out to my video in on my VCR and will it work? I don't have a svideo connection on my TV. I know I can convert svideo to RCA to work with my VCR. Any help would be appreciated, the people from dell don't have an answer.
Thanks,
Neesh

Relevancy 57.62%

I have an nvidia 6150 on my hp laptop. the sticker on the front said up to 559mb shared video ram , vista display settings says I only have 399. 128 is dedicated from the bios 271 is shared system memory. Nvidia control panel says 128 dedicated and 256 shared system which equals 384 turbocache. How do I utilize the full 559mb? I have 2 gig ram so I want it go to video if I am playing a game. My computer couldn't run halo1 on lowest settings at 640x480 without slowing down, but I got 28fps on half life lost coast stress test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-maximize-my-nvidia-6150-ge-force-go.637253/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a tvout svideo connection on my video card and I have connected it to my tv, however I can't get it to work. Do I need software to run this application? I would like to view my monitor on my tv screen. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Neesh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-ge-force-video-card.70382/
Relevancy 57.62%

Can anyone tell me if I can convert from svideo connection on back of Video card to RCA cable and run it to my front video input connection on my VCR. I am running WIN XP and don't have svideo on my TV. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 57.62%

I own a asus k55vm laptop with nvidia 630 gtm graphics card which 3d supported but I am not able to enable the 3d vision. Is is the problem with my display? I have already updated my display driver...

A:Is asus k55vm nvidia 3d vision ready?

According to the Nvidia link for GT 630M , the Asus K55vm is not supported or 3D vision ready.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474050/is-asus-k55vm-nvidia-3d-vision-ready/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 57.19%

Please help me resolve error code 0x80070570 preventing updates for Windows SP1 service pack and Window .Net framework 4. How can I resolve issues?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7a85121a-64c6-4540-871f-ef2f3ce9dc39/unable-to-updates-important-updates?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 57.19%

I have the Connect 3D Radeon X1900XT. I was wondering if I run dual monitors and extended the desktop if I can play games on one monitor and do something else on the other? I tried doing this and found that all my games run full screen and either shut off the other monitor or leave it on and it shows the desktop but I cant get my mouse over there. Is there a way around this?

I think if I could force all programs to run windowed I could do this. But how do I prevent a program from running full screen when there is no option for it in the program?

Relevancy 57.19%

I've been gaming for a few months and pretty much just played Half-Life & Unreal Tournament on my LAN. Last weekend some buddies wanted to play DFII so we loaded it onto all the comps and made a CD for each. Also, we downloaded the latest updates for it. Well, we couldn't get them to play a LAN game. Has anyone else experienced any problems w/ this? We ended up just setting up a password game online and joining in on that. But, that's sort of a round about way of doing a game when all the computers are right there and networked together.

Any thoughts on this? Comments? Suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delta-force-2-wont-do-a-lan-game.65874/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi,

I'm try to run Steam VR Performance Test software on my P40 Yoga, but it fails to see my Nvidia graphics adapter. I found a topic which describes how to set Nvidia adapter per application, but this did not solve case. Also, I disabled Intel 520 adapter from device settings, this did not help either as the system did not find the Nvidia adapter after disabling Intel adapter.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Switching-between-Nvidia-and-Intel-onboard-Grap...

I wonder if it is possible to somehow set the Nvidia adapter to be the one and only available adapter for the system (W10 Home). Has anyone tried this?

Regards,

Kari

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P40-Yoga-Force-system-to-always-use-Nvidia-onboard-graphics/td-p/3444665
Relevancy 57.19%

OK, just a quickie here. I really want to get an N-force mobo. I have heard good things about them. However, I will probally want to put an ATI card into it. Will it make any difference what so ever to the performance of games etc or do NForce 2 boards simply prefer Nvidia cards?

cheers
Tom

A:Will an N-Force Board work better with an NVidia gfx card?

None whatsoever. It will work just as well with an ATI card as it will with an nVidia.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-an-n-force-board-work-better-with-an-nvidia-gfx-card.11248/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi guys. I've recently bought an Nvidia geForce 6200A LE 256 MB DDR2 graphics card and I would have like to know more of its capabilities..{ already know its a p.s 3.0 card..} but concerning benchmarks and number of FPS....

Is this version good for gaming purposes??

Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, I'm try to run Steam VR Performance Test software on my P40 Yoga, but it fails to see my Nvidia graphics adapter. I found a topic which describes how to set Nvidia adapter per application, but this did not solve case. Also, I disabled Intel 520 adapter from device settings, this did not help either as the system did not find the Nvidia adapter after disabling Intel adapter. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Switching-between-Nvidia-and-Intel-onboard-Grap... I wonder if it is possible to somehow set the Nvidia adapter to be the one and only available adapter for the system (W10 Home). Has anyone tried this? Regards, Kari 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Force-system-to-always-use-Nvidia-onboard-graphics/td-p/3444665
Relevancy 57.19%

I bought the Acer Aspire 8920G and it comes with the the Nvidia Geforce 9500M video card, the website i bought it from said it is full hd 1920x1080 as well as all the reviews i've seen on it, however the resolution is maxed out at 1680X925. My friend has the 6920G with the same video card and his will do the full HD res. The weird thing is that even the sticker on the laptop it's self says it's full HD?

A:Force Nvidia Geforce 9500M GS to 1080 HD

That must be the maximum resolution of the monitor screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/force-nvidia-geforce-9500m-gs-to-1080-hd.747165/
Relevancy 57.19%

So, i have a laptop with optimus graphics (intel/nvidia), and i'm looking for a way to run windows system files with nvidia graphics. Small info : laptop bios doesnt have any settings about optimus graphics, so we are talking about in-windows solutions only. The thing is, that its not only windows system files (windows desktop manager, i.e.) that does not run on nvidia graphics, its also some programs, like windows experience index. Nvidia control panel doesnt work in this case - i can select i.e. wdm.exe, but intel graphics is selected and the option is greyed out and it doesnt let me change it, setting preferred graphics and restarting pc doesnt work either.

A:Force system file to use nvidia instead of intel

Where did you get your graphics drivers? IMHO For the dual graphics to work as intended your normally have to get the driver package from the laptop manufacturer. Especially if its mixed like Intel NVidia. Installing separate drivers from say Intel and NVidia doesn't always work out as it should. My laptop is AMD APU and AMD discrete graphics so I can go right to AMD for my driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56024-force-system-file-use-nvidia-instead-intel.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hai everyone,

I have a problem that's bugging me for a pretty long time.

I have a Lenovo b560 with Intel HD integrated and nVidia GrForce 310M. I haven't found the option to change my primary display adapter to the nvidia one anywhere.

Is it anyhow possible?

A:Force nVidia GeForce 310m over Intel HD

Just found out that disabling/uninstalling the Intel HD adapter won't switch to the GeForce one for primary either, it goes to VGA graphics adapter or smth like that but just can't get it on the nVidia one :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/force-nvidia-geforce-310m-over-intel-hd.982157/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a 8500GT Graphics card
On my Acer flat screen monitor (viewing area 33.5cm across x 27cm down) circles do not appear round, except at a resolution of 1280x1024 where the text on menu & tool bars, dektop icon descriptions, etc appear tiny, almost impossible to read.
All other resolutions circles appear as ovals.
I have set the screen font size to 96dpi as a result of this advice:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=kb402728
Any advice to have this problem solved will be appreciated.

A:Circles are not round - NVIDIA GE FORCE 8500 GT

Your link appears to be broken.

If the circles are proportional at 1280 x 1024, they should be proportional also at 1024 x 768, 800 x 600 and 640 x 480.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/circles-are-not-round-nvidia-ge-force-8500-gt.678958/
Relevancy 56.33%

I use to play BDH on my older pC when the game came out. Now I have a dell optiplex that I play MoHAA on all the time. Over 1gb ram DirectX 9.
So today I downloaded the demo of DFBHD and It plays fine, but there are no buildings! No choppers! No weapon models!!!

Ugh my pc is far exceeding the game specs. Whats wrong? I tried the compatibility option in XP(my OS btw). I updated everything and the game.

A:**Old game** Delta Force: BDH ---I get no buildings!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-game-delta-force-bdh-i-get-no-buildings.882706/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys, it's very simple

I am playing a game with minimum resolution of 1028 x 768 16bit 85Hz
I can play well most of the time but oftentimes I get lag; one of the possibilities of solving this is to upgrade the hardware; I can't afford this, so I have to limit myself to modifying the software.

I would like to play the game in lower resolution as to make up for the lag, but how can I force the game to run in a resolution of 640 x 480 for instance when the option is not available?

Relevancy 56.33%

"After long weeks of impatient waiting, it has finally arrived. NVIDIA has distributed the first GeForceFX cards to the press. Now, NVIDIA has to prove that it really has what it takes to topple ATI and its successful Radeon 9700 PRO from the throne. Also, check out our MP3 downloads for an assessment of noise levels between the test systems. This is one graphics card you want to hear!"

New article on Tom's Hardware -

http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030127/index.html

Eric,

http://www.legge40.freeserve.co.uk/BuyerBeware.htm

A:NVIDIA GeForceFX: Brute Force Attack Against the King

Think this has been covered in the front page news and other Geforce FX threads.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforcefx-brute-force-attack-against-the-king.4122/
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm trying to persuade my Dell Inspiron 7537 laptop to use the Dell provided v353.24 NVidia driver since this is reported on the Dell forum to currently provide better compatibility. This version installs fine , but after a few minutes Windows updates it to v 353.62. This happens even when I select No to "Do you want to automatically download manufacturer's apps and custom icons that are available" under Device Installation Settings.

I've done a clean install of the older v353.24 drivers twice but they always upgrade to v353.62.

How do I force Windows to use the driver I specify?

A:How to Force Windows 10 to Use a Specific NVidia Graphics Driver?

Try this tutorial to hide the driver update. Windows Updates - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/33184-how-force-windows-10-use-specific-nvidia-graphics-driver.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Firstly i d just like to point out im not the greatest with computers but i am a fast learner Basically i ve been using my computer with its onboard graphics for the last six months I decided i wanted a seperate graphics card for a game i wanted so i picked up a g-force nvidia G-Force Help!!! with problems BIG card- graphics Plz FX5200 fx mb Put it in left my monitor plugged into old port expecting to install software when i rebooted started up my computer and the monitor stayed black so i plugged it into the new fx s port and it came on however even though my monitor is BIG problems with nvidia G-Force FX5200 graphics card- Help!!! Plz now running through the new card my computer seems to have no knowledge of it it doesnt show up in control panel or on any hardware scans Tried just running the disc that came with BIG problems with nvidia G-Force FX5200 graphics card- Help!!! Plz the card but that seems to just quickly run through the install process but no icons appear like it has properly installed and still unable to play the game So if you could put me on the right track it would be much appreciated If theres any specs you need to know just gimmi a shout Thanks guys nbsp

A:BIG problems with nvidia G-Force FX5200 graphics card- Help!!! Plz

depending on your computer type, ther eare several ways of disab ling the onboard graphics adapter (you want to do this). this can eb done via the bios, or by disabling it in device menager. then you need to download and install the latest nvidia drivers (www.nvidia.com) for your card. upon the prescribed reboot you should have full functionality.

PS > i hope you don't expect to play anythign special, because the fx5200 is a lackluster card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/big-problems-with-nvidia-g-force-fx5200-graphics-card-help-plz.34107/
Relevancy 56.33%

Release Highlights
Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix possible makes it into the Game Ready driver. As a result, you can be sure you?ll have the best day-1 gaming experience for your favorite new titles.

Game Ready
Learn more about how to get the optimal experience for Battleborn, Forza Motorsport 6: APEX Beta, Overwatch Beta, and Paragon Beta.

Manual Download: Drivers | GeForce
PDF Release Notes: Release 364 Graphic Drivers for Windows, Version 365.10

https://malwaretips.com/threads/geforce-game-ready-driver-365-10-whql.59524/
Relevancy 56.33%

Just got the notice that updates are ready for my computer. Windows XPSP2. I am not ready to install it yet. It says Size: 75.0MB-266MB. Can someone tell me where on my computer that it is. I would like to copy it to a CD for later. Then turn off automatic update, and get rid of the notice.

Relevancy 55.9%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 55.9%

Greetings to all,

I had Win 8 Pro and Updated to Win 8.1.  In the past using Win XP, I always installed the Critical and some of the Important Updates.

I have not installed any of the Updates for Win 8.1 There are 110 Important Updates going back to February of 2015.  I have not experienced any problems.  In view of the fact that Win 10 will eventually be installed (in the spring) on my computer do I really need to install the Win 8.1 Updates?  If the answer is Yes, then what will happen to these Updates that will be using disk space once I install Win10?

Thanks in advance.

A:Are important Updates for 8.1 necessary considering Win 10?

Hi SillyBilly If you upgrade via the Media Creation Tool, you don't need any updates at all on your system to upgrade. It might even be easier that way. This being said, Important Updates are security related updates used to patch vulnerabilities, exploits and security holes in the Windows OS. They are critical to install if you want to run a safe and secure OS, so I strongly suggest you to install them as soon as possible.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/587106/are-important-updates-for-81-necessary-considering-win-10/
Relevancy 55.9%

I just installed

KB2933809

&

KB2957390

They fixed my Lock screen pictures issues & my Start screen pictures issues & enabled some old programs to function again.

Just thought I would pass the information along.

Check Windows Update & see if they are available to you.
They may not be available for all systems.

EDIT-- They fixed my ability to add pictures from my computer to the Forum.

A:2 New important updates

I see KB2933809 in my update history, 4/8/2014. I'm pretty sure it came after update 1. I don't see KB2957390 listed though. Can't say as I had any of the problems you mentioned. If I did I didn't notice it. I auto log in and boot right to desktop.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/44212-2-new-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

HI I hope someone can help,

I reset my daughters laptop back to factory settings (Dell Inspiron 3521 64 bit) due to numerous problems, all now seem to be resolved. Thanks for advice.

I thought i would update to Windows 8.1 (never installed on this machine before).
I tried downloading from the store but received message saying updates are required before download could proceed.
went to settings>pc changes>updates there was 147 updates there waiting.

A message said we will install these updates as part of schedule maintenance. I'm now down to 109 updates waiting.
my question is why cant the updates all be installed straight away (please excuse my ignorance) there must be a simple answer. I have set the updates to automatic.

Regards and thanks in advance

A:109 Important Updates

Because Windows 8.1 needs some windows updates to install.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/67524-109-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.9%

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/library/toolbar/3.0/sitemap/en-us.mspx

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050106/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_antivirus

Relevancy 55.9%
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a dell Vostro which was released early The windows upgrade app tells me I cannot upgrade to windows because of the NVidia GeForce m driver is not compatible I also have an inspiron released late this can be upgraded to windows 10 ge-force Vostro 310m 3500 NVidia driver windows I have looked into this driver issue as I have been running windows on the nbsp Vostro laptop for sometime However the graphics driver sometimes crashes and has to recover While this is useable it is not ideal In Vostro 3500 NVidia ge-force 310m windows 10 driver order to run windows I had to download and install the old XP bit Vostro 3500 NVidia ge-force 310m windows 10 driver driver and run it in compatibility mode and as administrator This took some effort and messing about to get it to work as well as it does However I have tried to install nbsp windows preview nbsp on the system it will not let me install at all so I cannot even get to the point where I can try the windows XP driver When I try to install directly on this system However I did install windows preview on a different dell laptop the is compatible and them moved the hard drive into the Vostro to see what would happen Windows worked on the laptop except for the GeForce m which had a exclamation mark in device manager and it too sometimes crashed and had to recover This is telling me the only thing stopping this laptop running windows is the lack of a dell GeForce m driver Will dell be releasing an updated driver for this graphics card as it seams very unfair that nbsp one laptop nbsp over a year older than the other can upgrade while the newer higher spec one cannot Just because DELL cannot be bothered to come up with a new driver for windows and windows

A:Vostro 3500 NVidia ge-force 310m windows 10 driver

Hello
there is a work around for this problem. go into your device manager, select Display adapters.
where you see Nvidia go into it and click on the driver tab. at the bottom uninstall the driver, remove it completely.
your screen will go black and flash but don't worry, it comes back in 640x480 ( hehe )
restart the laptop, you will now have no drivers at all. come back to dell.com and download the video driver again, you are looking for this file only R287485.exe
www.dell.com
/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=XNK27&fileId=2731099326&osCode=W764&productCode=vostro-3500&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI
these are the Intel HD video drivers and are more stable then the Nvidia drivers too.  
Happy Windows 10 dude.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19637125
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I am trying to rotate some video files not open does Fire NVidia - Movie 560 Fox Ge Force Windows Maker and For some reason my cell phone recorded all the videos degrees counter clockwise even though it was displayed the correct way on the cell phone screen I know there is an option in Windows Movie maker which is free to rotate these videos to the right orientation When I try to open Windows Movie maker it states quot Move maker has stopped working quot and then it closes I have tried these steps and nothing has worked Uninstalled re-downloaded and reinstalled quot Windows Essentials quot which has movie make in it and restarted PC Attempted to start Movie maker in safe mode command prompt type CD program files movie maker and then press ENTER - Type moviemk exe safemode and then press ENTER Uninstalled and re-installed the latest driver for my video card GTX and not mess with any settings Double checked I have all of the most recent Windows updates Here are my specs OS - Windows Processor - Intel Fire Fox and Windows Movie Maker does not open - NVidia Ge Force 560 i k Video Card - Ge Force GTX The other interesting thing is Firefox will not open regularly either Fire Fox and Windows Movie Maker does not open - NVidia Ge Force 560 unless I start it in safe mode hold down the shift key It will run ok when started in safe mode FF gives me the error message when not started in safe mode quot Fire Fox and Windows Movie Maker does not open - NVidia Ge Force 560 Firefox closed unexpectedly while starting This might be caused by add-ons or other problems quot Because these two apps don't don't run regularly and because only one runs in safe mode I have a hunch it has something to do with the video card drivers settings Since I recently uninstalled them and reinstalled the most recent drivers from Nvidia's site I am not sure what the issue is No setting where changed by me after I uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them like minutes ago This problem is not recent and has been going on for years now I just overlooked it by not using Firefox Now I need to use Windows Movie maker to re-orient the videos counter clockwise so I can no longer overlook the issue Help would be appreciated Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/fire-fox-and-windows-movie-maker-does-not-open-nvidia-ge-force-560-a-1164625.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Theres 6 but for some reason I can't get # 2 to download..
/ Well at least I got 5 of them

Relevancy 55.47%

I just updated Windows 8.1 a few days ago on a system that rarely gets used.

I turned it on again today and found that Windows Update now tells me that there are 215 important updates and 6 optional updates.

Has my system forgotten that it has ever been updated?

Also, will I have to take any action to get Windows 10? I had it installed and then had to restore to factory.

Thanks
Jim

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74348-215-important-updates-what-happening-here.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm wondering if it is possible to ignore an important windows update? Windows Defender updates are listed as important updates but I have my own security suite and therefore don't need to burn a few megs every month to update Windows Defender. I also have a netbook with very limited hard drive space that keeps bugging me to install that update that checks if my version of Windows 7 is genuine. I know it is and don't want to take up valuable and limited hard drive space for Microsoft to tell me what I already know. I would like to set Windows Update some how so that it doesn't keep bugging me to install these important updates, is that possible?

A:Possible to Ignore Important Updates?

Not necessary to install the defender updates. Those updates represent new malware that has been written. If you do not install, you may become infected with the malware.

Bottom line you reallyshould install, but to answer your question you do not have to.

You can hide all updates that are not wanted. just right click on the update to hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/60508-possible-ignore-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have my PC set to Notify me of Important Updates, but not download or install them.

On at least 2 different occasions over the past 2 months I seen maybe 17 -19 Important Updates shown when I open Updates, but chose not to install them at that moment because I was doing other things. When I went back a few days later they where all gone. This happened this week, as well as about a month ago. And, they were not automatically installed either.

What's going on with these disappearing Important Updates? Unfortunately I never checked to see if they were somehow redundant because I think they would disappear.

A:Important Updates Disappear?

Two days ago, I had 27 important updates which I had not installed.

Yesterday, my computer was up to date! Not a single update.

So I checked for updates for hours but had to stop since it was eating cpu and not come up with any results.

Try searching and post whether your search ended successfully without any updates, or was just stuck for hours.

Mine was stuck so I followed this procedure and found the old and newer July updates in minutes.
Set Windows to Never check for updates.

Make sure wuauserv is not running in the background eating your CPU . If it does, just stop the service.

Download and install KB3168965.

Restart and set Windows to Check for updates but let me choose what to install.

Click search for updates.

Let it search for 1-2 hours. Should come up with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398466-important-updates-disappear.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Some updates like this IE8 security update that was released the 14th, we're not getting in Windows update. Why?

Shouldn't we at least get important or critical security updates even in the lastest builds? I could see why maybe not other less important updates but critical security ones?

And when I try to install it says it's not applicable to my system but updates like this one should clearly be applicable, no?

Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta (KB963027)
Download details: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7 Client Beta for x64-based Systems (KB963027)

MS09-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

A:Why aren't we getting some important Updates

It could be that the issues these fix are already fixed in later builds. 7000 is still the only 1 (according to M$) that the public have and IE8 on that was too buggy. As far as I can tell build 7057 upwards have the full IE8 and not just the beta that's packed with 7000.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/7255-why-arent-we-getting-some-important-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Overnight my PC, Windows 7, did several updates. Many of them, status important, failed. What can I do to resolve this issue?
Shirley

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2297f264-0d3d-464d-8b2e-89e5e6da07e2/failure-of-important-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello guys,

nice to meet this wonderful forum.
My problem is that ALL my important updates fail to install for some unknown reason.
I've not been able to install SP1, IE9 etc.....

Is there anything I can do besides formatting, or is there a way I can repair windows update only?

I tried the system update readiness tool, but no results.

Best regards,

Peter

A:All important updates fail!!

Hello Peter, and welcome to the Seven Forums!

What error message are you receiving from Windows?

Also, please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/184526-all-important-updates-fail.html
Relevancy 55.47%

OS - Windows Vista Hme Prem bit Srvce Pk Hello Below is a detailed list of important updates Desktop PC 6 03.12.2010 as of updates important will be one year next month I did not renew 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 the Microsoft Office after trial period that came as a package w no future intention of acquiring it I'm using the free Open Office program - word processing mostly at this time Is there anything in the list below that is of importance I only have a basic PC with DVD player for movies etc No scanner printer or fax Not even external hard drive or usb flash drive Otherwise I understand that I can just choose to hide the updates so it will not keep reminding me Also I choose to keep my OS w Srvce pk and MS IE version for as long as I'll be able to I had too many probs with Srvce pk and MS IE version Your opinion if any is welcome Your assistance is greatly appreciated Thank you NBB PowerPoint Viewer Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to PowerPoint Viewer 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId A E -C - D- DD- D A F A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for PowerPoint Viewer KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B - C - -A E -D F D D C 6 important updates as of 03.12.2010 amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack SP Download size MB Update type Important Service Pack provides the latest updates to the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId F AB F- F D- A - - CA E B amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System and the Compatibility Pack for the Office system that could allow remote code execution This update resolves that vulnerability More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size KB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft PowerPoint that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified document is opened This update resolves that vulnerability More information http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId E D A C - A- F - D - A E A amp displaylang en Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us Security Update for the Microsoft Office System KB Download size MB Update type Important A security vulnerability exists in the Microsoft Office System that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modified file is opened This update resolves the vulnerability so that the Microsoft Office System documents are handled appropriately More information http support microsoft com kb Help and Support http support microsoft com LN en-us

A:6 important updates as of 03.12.2010

Hi,

I would strongly recommend installing SP2 and IE8 as soon as possible. If you have any problems, we are here to help. If these updates came through before you uninstalled Office, then that is why. If Office is still installed, then you need these updates. Uninstall Office if you are going to, recheck for updates, and install any that are suggested. Any problems, post back.

Richard

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/272321-6-important-updates-03-12-2010-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I was gong thru my history of installed updates and all thruout the history I see that windows vista service pack 1 was trying to install but it failed every time,my question is, do I need to work on getting that installed, it says that it is a important update.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/important-updates-not-installing-317332.html
Relevancy 55.47%

When I see the Windows Updates listing there's a tab for "important" and a tab for "recommended." Today I loaded all updates that were important. But when I looked in my update history, a few were described as recommended.

Also, today some places listed one update as "critical" - (the one about IE) and the rest as important.
But the word "critical" didn't appear at all. In other words these classifying things aren't consistent, have you noticed?

A:Updates - important/recommended etc.

Some updates are Critical in some circumstances, but not others - in real terms, any Security Update should be regarded as Critical - and others as Important or Optional
Since all IE Cumulative Updates contain Security elements, they are all critical - but because a given month's Cumulative update doesn't contain new Security Updates, it may be downgraded.

... but yes, the terminology does get confusing at times. One reason why it's good policy to install all updates unless you have good reason not to do so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/344916-updates-important-recommended-etc.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I see updates like Root Certificates Update, Microsoft Silverlight 1.0, Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86, Driver Update for Intel Graphics Controller and all those other stuffs..I have like 15 updates on the waiting list..Are they important?. I read an article about how some people had computer problems after installing some of these..

A:How important are optional updates?

Some people have problems after doing anything . . . you only need install the Optional updates you need. I like to install the Root Cert updates, but only any of the others that are needing a update,

You are not likely to have problems with any of them, you just may not need them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-important-are-optional-updates-252896.html
Relevancy 55.47%

This topic could fit in a few places but HERE is probably the broadest coverage I am a dedicated Windows user I own four WIN PC's and one WIN LT I'm shall we say 'well seasoned' and it is entirely possible my computer OS's will last longer then MY OS Further on a one month test of WIN I found it to have stuff neither myself or Mrs Gizmo will ever use I have all these rigs set up to use Once updates ? and for all...'Important/Critical' OPERA present stable version and do not use I E for anything Also I operate all of them using Sandboxie for security My residence is entirely Ethernet no wireless access and when any of my Kids or someone looking for my computer help come Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? here I cascade one of my spare routers so We and Them are on different home networks Since my version of Microsoft Office is a little 'old' it will no longer run in my sandbox so if we get any E-Mail with attachments those are taken out of the E-Mail POP and forced to run IN the sandbox at least once before general opening I think we run about as secure as a home outfit can The Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? last time I installed a Hard Drive it involved uSoft Updates And WIN will continue to be patched until January I find myself asking WHY bother Our installed software Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ? drivers etc all operate perfectly How can anything get TO us I've been running Sandboxie for over six years now and not a thing has ever gotten out of the 'box that wasn't invited out Everybody I ever ask about it assures me that I very much NEED to keep my WIN machines Microsoft Up to Date but when pressed they never really know why FOR US I am thinking I have wasted my last 'time' worshiping at the alter of Patch Tuesday WHAT does anybody here on this forum KNOW to make me change my mind and rejoin the herd Thanks for your patience I don't know how to be complete and be any shorter in my quirey Giz

A:Once and for all...'Important/Critical' updates ?

is any computer really safe? is windows ever 100% safe and secure? how many updates have been issued for its various operating systems since i purchased xp home sp1a retail more moons ago than i can remember? and who are you trying to keep your pc safe from? the spoilsports ratbags and shysters out to nick your money, or m/s now spying on you at every opportunity and then flogging that data? dont forget, m/s make windows and they are(going by all accounts) using every nefarious trick to infect and steal your data?

whatever you do, some scuzzbucket will find a workaround to a latest update to get into your pc. m/s will keep forcing you to update, bearing in mind those updates will also try to steal your data. you willl be damned if you dont and screwed if you do update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/390238-once-all-important-critical-updates.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version:
Processor:
Processor Count:
RAM:
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives:
Motherboard:
Antivirus: None

i cannot install important updates not sure about much about my laptop apart from its a toshiba satellite pro on windows 7 an when i tryed to install them this code came up code:80240016

A:cant install important updates

Hi and welcome,
Could you try running this again please?
TSG System Information Utility http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Your first attempt came up with nothing - as you can see

Thanks.
Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-important-updates.1089293/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have recently installed several games that I require the "Force Feedback" aspect to work and they do not since installing Windows 10.
What can be done to fix this or do I need to re-install Windows 7.
Roland.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443874-force-feedback-game-controllers-not-working-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Forbes Welcome

Latest Windows 7 updates forces a Windows 10 upgrade on to the user!

I declined the upgrade and put the KB with hidden updates.

But it keeps on coming back.
Same with KB 3035583.

Than a serious problem happened:

After installing the rest of the updates that were presented today, I no longer had access to the files on my C: drive, directories were displayed but access was denied.

After I did a system restore I could access these directories again.

Conclusion: one of the updates caused this to happen.

So now I am wondering why this happened and if there are people out there having similar problems.

Was it because of my refusal to upgrade to WX that I could not get into those directories anymore,

or is there another explanation?

RI

A:New updates force WX upgrade

An update may return when new versions of the update is released.

Start reading this thread at this post:
KB3035583 Reappeared After Being Hidden

As to why your file access was messed up...
...I would write that off as just another barf during updates.
These barfs have happen way too often the past few years.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383548-new-updates-force-wx-upgrade.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Alright, here's the deal.
? Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, with SP2 RC.
? nVidia Gforce 9600 GT

Never had problems updating the drivers to their latest versions (downloaded from nvidia.com) until I de-installed Spybot (that crappy anti-spyware thing).

After that, everytime I try to install (after a deinstallation) or update the current drivers nothing happens. Install runs fine, copies files, reboots and voila... same drivers as before.

The only drivers that actually I was able to install were the 178.13 via the internal Windows Update. That's it. If I don't install them, the VGA card is shown as "vgasave" in the Device Manager.

I'm quite fed up with this and planning to reinstall Vista, but backuping everything up is going to be a real hassle, that's why I'm trying to find out a possible solution to this beforehand.

Any suggestions?.
Thanks in advance!

A:Updating nVidia drivers / nVidia Geforde 9600 GT

since you plan to reinstall windows, it cant hurt to try this first:

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/214450-updating-nvidia-drivers-nvidia-geforde-9600-gt.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I just removed 'security tool' and when I restarted a yellow shield appeared in the bottom right corner along with popups telling me that there are updates ready for my computer and that I need to restart to install them My internet also keeps being redirected to different ads also DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run your computer' redirect are and box ready 'Updates for by CB at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional 'Updates are ready for your computer' box and redirect GMT - AV Norton AntiVirus On-access scanning disabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs 'Updates are ready for your computer' box and redirect C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files 'Updates are ready for your computer' box and redirect Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared WMPlugIn SonicStageMonitoring exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files DISC DISCover exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files DISC DiscStreamHub exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Trend Micro Tmas Tmas exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiapsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrUI exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Documents and Settings CB Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com mDefault Page URL hxxp www sony com vaiopeople uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www sony com vaiopeople uURLSearchHooks AOLSearchHook Class eb ea... Read more

A:'Updates are ready for your computer' box and redirect

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/282137/updates-are-ready-for-your-computer-box-and-redirect/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have had this icon in my tray for weeks. i keep clicking it...it says installing...then complete. then it comes back. i have gone to the update website, there is a malware update avail. i install it from the website and it says complete...then i check for updates and it is still there.
there is some sort of problem.
Also having an issue with my symantec anti-virus...the real time protection will not update or work. has been this way for some time.
how do i check to see if my xp is corrupted? do i have some intrusion that is pretending to be 'update'. have i deleted a reg key or something?? what is the problem?

A:Updates ready to install, but wont!

update that fails to install is KB890830

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389992/updates-ready-to-install-but-wont/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have auto updates set on my desktop. Whenever there's a Windows update, it does it automatically when i resart or shutdown the system. Everytime and everyday i start up my system though, it always tells me in the lower right hand corner, that updates are ready for my computer. And with it comes a message of accepting a user agreement with those updates. I tried running a full scan with my AVG, i ran ad-aware, as well as malwarebytes, and nothing new is coming up. With getting this message everyday, something just doesn't seen legit. If anyone has any idea about this or experienced this before, I would appreciate the info. I just don't want to go through with the download in case of a potential virus. Thanks,Kevin

A:Updates Are Ready For You Computer...virus?

Hi Hawks Baseball 1..., and welcome to BleepingComputer.

Is the symbol in the task bar a red shield? This is the proper symbol for the automatic updates for XP.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/158970/updates-are-ready-for-you-computervirus/
Relevancy 55.04%

I thought Microsoft said there will be no more support for windows XP? this morning when i turned on my computer the update shield came on and it said updates are ready for your computer, it says it is for internet explorer 7? is this safe to down load? I use fire fox not internet explorer.

A:Solved: updates are ready for your computer

Microsoft has released a security update for all versions of Internet Explorer and for all versions of Windows, including Windows XP.

You can read about it here.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-updates-are-ready-for-your-computer.1125243/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am trying to update those drivers above, and every time I try to update them through the device manager, it tells me: "Windows could not find driver software for your device"

I am not sure what they are either. I know the LG CDMA one is for my phone, but the others I don't have a clue and they look like they should be important.

Hopefully someone can help me out .

Here are my specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon X2 QL-62
Motherboard: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
Memory: 2GB DDR2

Umm Any more information that you need I will get. That's just the basics.

A:Important Drivers Help

Welcome
We have this tutorial for both Seven and Vista
Device Manager - Install Driver
If that does not help, go to the driver click on it and get the manufacturer name. Go to the website and download from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/292338-important-drivers-help.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I know this is Patch Tuesday but 35. I am still working on a couple of issues resulting for some of the Optional Updates over the past couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing how the install for these goes.

I think I will wait a bit.

A:UNBELIEVABLE! 35 Important Updates Just Showed Up

See:

May 12th 2015 Windows Updates Security Bulletin Details

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65782-unbelievable-35-important-updates-just-showed-up.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have been meaning to post about this for some time.

I don't understand why MS categorizes Microsoft Security Essentials updates as "optional". These should be rated important or critical.

Is everyone else using MSE experiencing this also - Or am I missing something in my update settings?

A:Why does MS not categorize MSE definition updates as important??

That is a good question to ask Microsoft. I am wondering too. Always check the optionals.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/201629-why-does-ms-not-categorize-mse-definition-updates-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

A:Install Updates Correctly-Important

Quote: Originally Posted by richc46

I have read many posts about problems due to the fact that after the installation of MS Updates the computer began to freeze, BSOD or just work slowly. The most usual cause is the fact that the updates are downloaded and installed at the same time. Many of these updates require restarting the computer. This fact causes conflicts and problems when the updates are not installed properly. Next week a large number of updates are expected, change your update settings to notify, only. Install manually, and one at a time. We rather you come to the forum giving help rather than seeking it.

Great information. Thanks for the warning about the updates coming soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/89189-install-updates-correctly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

...to go along with the RC that was released. Both IE8 related.

Relevancy 54.61%

I was wondering if anyone had problems with the installation of the new round of updates that just came from microsoft This is the list of them cum update for media ctr KB security update KB security update microsoft office updates new round on of info. important system KB security update microsoft office exel KB security update windows vista KB security update microsoft office system KB security update microsoft works important info. on new round of updates KB security update important info. on new round of updates microsoft office system KB windows malicious software removal tool KB security update windows vista KB update rollup for activeX killbits windows vista KB cum security update for IE KB security update microsoft office word KB The only thing I did was not install IE I still don't have that installed because I don't know if they fixed the problem with the web printing from HP The error was on a black screen with a red X on a reboot and it said AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED WHILE SETTING UP SYSTEM there was a string address but I didn't get that It also said the error was logged Does anyone know where I can find this log Should I do a system restore back After I hit enter my computer started up ok But I don't know what happened to my system files HELP please Addie

A:important info. on new round of updates

Do a system restore, disable any third party Anti-Virus program and try installing the updates. This is how I managed to solve my problem. HTH.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/231671-important-info-new-round-updates.html
Relevancy 54.61%

A:Install Updates Properly-Important

yes
your first step should be:
1) Re-boot (Re-start)

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/279358-install-updates-properly-important.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I just restored my laptop to factory settings, windows update has now decided it wants to install 115 updates, 107 of which are 'important'. Is it necessary to install all of them? Can I get away with just getting the most recent ones? It wouldn't bother me but they will take an age to install and take up the best part of 1GB of disk space...

Thanks.

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Every one who read this Topic

My name is wez

i've been having this problem and havent been able to install important updates for around 5 months now and my pc aint functioning properly as the updates are needed .

Here is a screen shot of how it looks for me when i try to install them The green bar just keeps moving across and everything else stays the same no change no % goes
up

I dont understand why i cant install the updates iv'e done all the systym check it says its fine , i download the microsoft fix it and that found nothing , any one have any help ? Thanks in advance , need any more info just ask

A:Important Windows Updates Stuck On 0% ?

You apparently have a download problem. Check here whether there is something that might help: http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

Especially look at this one: The progress bar stops responding at 0 percent when you click "Download and install" There is a Fix-it download.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/200189-important-windows-updates-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello, i was given a Sager NP2096 and i fresh installed Win7 64bit HP, i entered key and activated. However windows update is not working after 4 fresh install attempts. I tried upgrading to Windows 10 but after downloading and verifying Win 10 was stuck in update mode same as Windows Update.

Seems most of the this notebooks drivers are from as far back as 2008 so i assume I need some windows updates. The fresh install does have service back 1.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/395038-most-important-windows-updates-you-should-download.html