Windows Support Forum

windows 7 home premium and still cant upgrade to 10 ?

Q: windows 7 home premium and still cant upgrade to 10 ?

Hello I am new to this, don't even know if I have the right forum? I have a HP computer with windows 7 home premium 64 bit installed when I had it. My problem is that I can not get the thing to allow me to upgrade to windows 10
I have done all the diagnostic on the pc and tried to ask HP what to do but as the computer is out of warranty They cant help me.
can I re install it some how? or will I have to bye another one. Sorry as you can see Im still learning.

610-1010uk
Serial number: CZC118G6NJ
Product number: XT100EA#ABU
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows 7 home premium and still cant upgrade to 10 ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows 7 home premium and still cant upgrade to 10 ?

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
If you don't know how to recover your present install I would advise not to upgrade until you do know exactly how too incase the upgrade fails

Here's a way to recover your present install if things go badly upgrading,
Imaging with free Macrium

But truth be told if you don't have a reinstall disk be prepared to buy either win-7 again or win-10 outright if you don't do the above link to create a system image and recovery cd

Both are running about 99.us for the 10 Home or 7 home premium if you shop around = Newegg/ Amazon..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/378188-windows-7-home-premium-still-cant-upgrade-10-a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys I want to upgrade my OS from Vista Home Premium to Upgrade Premium Home to Windows 7 Home Windows Premium Vista Home Premium and I have the Anytime upgrade DVD provided at the time when I bought my laptop which came pre-installed with Windows Vista Home Premium Since this is the first time I will ever try to upgrade my OS and I will be paying for it lol I wanted Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade to clear a few doubts before I went about it My current OS is a Deutsch German version I want my new OS to be in English So my question is - Will the upgrade process provide me with the option to choose an installation language I researched a bit about language packs and if I'm not very wrong Multiple language packs work only for Business and Ultimate versions but not for Basic and Home premium Third party language packs like Vistalizator has been reported to work fine but Microsoft doesn't recommend it and some users have reported to have problems where it pops the message quot your windows is not genuine quot So should I do an upgrade or just do a clean install with an Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade original Windows Home Premium DVD

A:Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

Welcome
I am not sure about the answer regarding the language pack, but I am sure about the upgrade or the clean install. Do the clean install. A clean install is always preferred over an upgrade. With an upgrade all the old problems that may exist with the OS are just carried to the new installation.
Upgrades often fail, either because of third party software that is not compatible, or malicious software that breaks in the new install.
There are some members that back up their stuff and do a clean install on a regular basis to have the OS run smoothly as the first day. Trust me go with the clean install and enjoy your new OS

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/302253-windows-vista-home-premium-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm considering upgrading an old 530s from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit. Will an OEM version work and where can I get a fair deal on Win 7?

A:Dell 530s upgrade from VISTA Home Premium 32 Bit to Win 7 Home Premium 32 Bit

You are best to take the unofficial upgrade path to Windows 10 via the expired 10130 Insider Preview:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-xpvista-→-windows-10-free-upgrade/

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19670607
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello Folks Firstly i would like [SOLVED] 7 7 Premium to Windows x64 Home x64 Premium upgrade Windows How to to appologize if i've post in wrong section or there's a similiar problem posted already i already search for similiar question but didnt found any I did some google search also with no luck Here's my story I've purchased an Acer Laptop [SOLVED] How to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Premium x64 last year it came shipped with Windows Home Premium and i've been using this OS until now I really like this OS this is the best OS i've ever tried but now i feel like upgrading to Windows Professional x So lets say if i have already purchased a copy of genuine Windows Professional x how do i install it Just insert the Installation Disc and it shall prompt me with upgrade menu Or Do i need to boot from CD-ROM and run installation from there Lets say if i can just run installation by inserting Installation Disc and click quot Upgrade To Windows Professional quot will it 'overwrite' my current documents User Settings Themes Gadgets These settings are important for me i wish to keep them untouched if possible This is question Question What will happen to my previous Windows Home Premium x licence if i decided to upgrade When i bought this laptop they dont give me any installation disc so i cant re-install this OS Question What will happen to my Ms Office licence As far as i know once we activate the copy and register at Microsoft which i already did It cannot be activated twice Question Application like Egistec - WinLocker NTI Backup Now Softwares Bundled i'm wondering if they still can be used after upgrade Will the licence valid Thanks so much for your feedback it'd be greatly appreciated And sorry for my broken english

A:[SOLVED] How to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium x64 to Windows 7 Premium x64

Hi and welcome to TSF the info on upgrading should be here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-how-to-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-x64-to-windows-7-premium-x64-541225.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i recently got windows vista home premium and decided to upgrade my windows xp home edition SP3. It was going great until it needed to complete the upgrade. Up ntil 64% all was well. But once it hit 64% for awhile the computer shut down. After it shut down on its own i rebooted it and it said "upgrade unsuccessful. restoring your previous windows and settings. Do not turn off or restart your computer." I really want to know how to install it without any problems and i need help. Anything will be good and appreciated!
I have a Compaq Presario C301NR whit 2gigs of ram and 320gig HD. I still have the disc and everything and the computer was not harmed. After it shut down on its own

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-in-windows-vista-home-premium-upgrade-from-windows-xp-home-edition-sp3.834046/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello All I just bought a new laptop with Windows Home Premium SP and ran Windows upgrade advisor to find out whether I can upgrade to W Pro or not As per W advisor I can upgrade to either -bit Windows Professional or Ultimate with Windows Anytime Upgrade Here is the questions I am looking for -bit W Pro upgrade dvd in case my laptop crashes in future and then I find out that my recovery dvds are useless I came to know that all versions of W are pre-installed and when you buy an upgrade you just get an upgrade key and not dvd I am NOT sure if this upgrade key will work once or always - to DVD Windows Home SP1 Pro Premium Upgrade 7 64-Bit W7 hence I want an upgrade version which comes with a dvd So what upgrade version shall I buy if I want DVD If the upgrade key can work more than once and this is a BIG If then probably I do not need this upgrade with dvd and pray that recovery dvds are not useless So is upgrade key valid for more than once installations Thanks a LOT nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

I recently bought a laptop with windows 7 home premium x64. Can this be upgraded directly to Windows Ultimate x64?

A:Upgrade from windows 7 home premium

If you've never used Windows 7 before, you might want to become familiar with Home Premium first before spending an extra $140.00 or so to upgrade to Ultimate.

You might also want to consider if you really need all the additional features in it.

You should be able to upgrade directly from Home Premium to Ultimate.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/windows-7-upgrade-home-premium-to-ultimate.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-from-windows-7-home-premium.976652/
Relevancy 76.11%

i have windows starter and GB of RAM i to or home Upgrade any other 7 Windows premium am wondering what change will it bring if any when i upgrade to windows home edition or etc cause i dont want the overall speed to be any slower what i mean is if i upgrade to a whole windows version there'll be more work to do and plus there'll be more software i would be installing like microsoft office is currently installed does not run on starter so more work lesser speed right the overall performance would be slower than before already sometimes the RAM usage out of GB is GB when a little more work is being done at a time like using the browser with more tabs and stuff not always is it that high just wondering if the windows was full then the RAM Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other usage would be more resulting in lesser speed and performance the question is Is the theory above true or there are differences Can i upgrade and be happy And what about upgrading to windows - gt the start button on my netbook has the windows logo its a new netbook Acer Netbook - GB RAM Intel Celeron Processor

A:Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other

Windows 8 would be a much better choice if you really want a good upgrade. Upgrading to Home Basic or Home Premium would result in needing more memory because you're already using 1.96 GB out of the 2 GB that you have installed. Windows 8 has a much smaller footprint, so it is the way to go - but only if you wouldn't mind the big change to things like the new user interface.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285794-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-any-other.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i have windows starter and GB of RAM i am wondering what change in terms of speed and performance of my netbook will it bring if any when i upgrade to windows home edition or etc cause i dont want the overall speed to be any slower what i mean is if i upgrade to a whole windows version there'll be more work to do and plus there'll be more software i would be installing like microsoft office is currently installed does not run on starter so more work lesser speed right the overall performance would be slower than before already to premium or Upgrade 7 Windows any other home sometimes the RAM usage out of GB is GB when a little more work is being done at a time like using the browser with more tabs and stuff not always is it that high just wondering if the windows was full then Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other the RAM usage would be more resulting in lesser speed and performance the question is Is the theory above true or there are differences Can i upgrade and be happy And what about upgrading to windows - gt the start button on my netbook has the windows logo its a new netbook Acer Netbook - GB RAM Intel Celeron Processor

A:Upgrade to Windows 7 home premium or any other

Hi junior

Take a look at the link below . It might help you with your decision making

Difference Between Windows 7 Starter and Home Premium

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/285793-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-any-other.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i using windows 7 home premium x64 sp1, so want upgrade to w7 ultimate x64 sp1..i just want to know what will happen to my installer and install driver on program file after upgrade windows.. do i need to reinstall new driver and software..Does upgrade process just only change version of windows..

A:windows 7 home premium x64 sp1 upgrade

To do what you want, type Anytime into Start Search box, choose Anytime Upgrade, insert Ultimate Product key to unlock the few extra (expensive) features in Ultimate which you should be sure you really need.

Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to - Windows 7 Forums
Compare Windows 7 Editions - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/238651-windows-7-home-premium-x64-sp1-upgrade.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi : Please help I can't seem to get an answer from microsoft on product keys.
I have Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade installed on my laptop and I want to install it on desk top. I realize you need another product.
On their website they have a product key for $90 would this enable me to have Windows 7 on desktop computer, or does this just upgrade the program.
thanks for your help

A:Windows 7 Upgrade Home Premium

Just go to the store and buy a windows 7 disc (office max, office depot, best buy, walmart, tons of other stores....)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345930/windows-7-upgrade-home-premium/
Relevancy 76.11%

I bought the Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade pack at christmas time to upgrade windows vista..

I recently found out i could have installed the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit

My question is Can i upgrade my 32bit Windows 7 to the 64 bit version with these upgrade disks
If so How do i go about doing this.

A:Home Premium windows 7 upgrade help

Sorry NO, x32 to x64 clean install only.

Windows 7 Upgrade Paths - FAQ
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/92314-home-premium-windows-7-upgrade-help.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi,
i have purchased an windows 7 Home premium CD from India and was using fine.recently i shifted to Qatar,and unfortunately my lap got crashed and i upgrade windows using CD,Now when I try to activate I got error message,that product key you entered is associated with other region..Any body please help me to get from this.I have purchased the genuine one and still helpless....

A:windows 7 Home premium upgrade..

shanishp

I posted for some assistance.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/133429-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have Windows Home Premium amp bought the Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows Pro which upgrades to Windows Pro When I rebuild the HD it's a tad laborious to have to install Home Premium then upgrade to Pro ISO images of Windows Pro are available for download from Microsoft which allow Windows Pro to be installed as a clean build but the key for the Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows Pro does not work as it's intended for upgrade only Is there any way around having to install Home Premium st then upgrade to Pro which would allow me to install from the Pro ISO download converted into a boot DVD USB using the HP to Pro upgrade key Obviously my upgrade to Pro from Home Premium if different from buying an XP Vista to Windows upgrade so that's probably why the registry hacks rearms workarounds haven't worked If I decide to upgrade to Windows I hate to be in a situation during a re-build where I'd have to install of HP to Pro then to

A:Windows 7 Home Premium to Pro upgrade

Why do you want to reinstall?
Windows Anytime Upgrade is actually a few clicks and done in a few minutes.
What's the problem?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/352016-windows-7-home-premium-pro-upgrade.html
Relevancy 76.11%

i had windows 7 home premium 64 bit(original) on my laptop but then someone installed windows 7 ultimate 32 bits(pirated) i want my original windows back and i just have the product key written on the back of my laptop
plzzzz help me ASAP...

A:how to upgrade to windows 7 home premium

What make of notebook? It should have a Restore partition on the drive. It should of also had some type of utility to create a set of system disks but that may be gone now.

In any event you can download the correct version from My Digital Life website and use your key on that sticker to reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/253040-how-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm quite sure this is not illegal since the upgrade is automatic and happens without a choice.

I had starter on my netbook and tried upgrading it by using the app on the OS itself but failed.

One day I was searching for TV tuners and came across Media Portal. During the course of the installation it tells you it is better to have windows aero enabled for "tear" effects. I dismissed the dialog and installed it.

I check the OS later and voila it's upgraded, apps such as windows media center and all games like chess titans etc came out of nowhere. Also all the themes etc. I checked SYSTEM and found the OS name changed to home premium from starter.
Try it !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-starter-to-home-premium-upgrade.1071727/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all,
I have 2 laptops one which is a 32bit and the other which is a 64 bit. Now is there any POSSIBLE WAYY that i can upgrade to W7 on both of my notebooks? ( both notebooks current run factory installed Vista Home Premium in respect with its bit architecture) Any suggestion is greatly appreciated

Thanks

A:Windows 7 home Premium Upgrade question.

Hello HPX,

Yes, you can upgrade both of them to either Windows 7 Home Premium or Windows 7 Ultimate. You will need two copies to have two product key numbers, or you can get a Windows 7 "Family Pack" that includes 3 product key numbers. Plus, you would only be able to do a upgrade from 32-bit to 32-bit and 64-bit to 64-bit, not 32-bit to 64-bit or 64-bit to 32-bit.

Upgrade Install with Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30817-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-question.html
Relevancy 75.25%

We are getting a new Dell Vosrto desktop computer Our only options were with bit versions of Windows like all manufacturers upgrade Windows bit Premium a pro Can install 64 on 32 Home 7 bit you now I know I will have problems with some older programs like Photoshop CS and want to install the bit version that will come in the Professional upgrade that we plan to upgrade to Since we will never increase the memory to the level of needing the Windows bit I am certain that the bit version is much better fro us My questions is can we install the bit version from the Professional upgrade in place of the bit Home Premium with comes preinstalled I would do this from the very beginning so we wouldn't have installed any of our software yet I don't think there is any bloatware form Dell that we will want I will make the recovery copies of the bit OS first and then hopefully upgrade to the bit Professional Things are quot tight quot and hopefully will not have to purchase a full version of Professional

A:Can you install a 32 bit Windows 7 pro upgrade on Home Premium 64 bit

Clean in install only:
Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

But you could upgrade to Pro & use XP mode for older app's
Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup

No install files needed.
Only the Upgrade key is need.
Anytime upgrade only adds-on the Programs & Features from version to version.
Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/168646-can-you-install-32-bit-windows-7-pro-upgrade-home-premium-64-bit.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello people as I've been researching online that there 7 from Vista Windows Home Premium to Pro Upgrade is ONLY one way of going to from version to version when upgrade from Windows Vista to Windows For example Vista Home Premium to Home Premium You technically In Microsoft's eyes can't go from Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows Professional People bought the Student Professional from DR when it was available and had Vista Home Premium on their laptop Mistake I don't think so We are also assuming that you have a legitimate copy of Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Professional Upgrade We also assume no liability for any damages or data loss this may occur from doing my Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro tutorial First off we need things done before we can do the upgrades Yes Upgrades Backup everything you need saved Make an image with Acronis or any backup program Have a copy of Windows Any edition works I'll tell you why later Have a quite some time to do this Upgrades took a total of probably half a day Assuming you did the first steps continue So you have a DVD copy or image of Windows Extract the image or copy the disc to a folder on the HD of the computer you are upgrading We are going to be going from Vista Home Premium to Windows Home Premium as this is the only way we can do it THANKS MICROSOFT View the extracted dvd image on your HD You will see a Sources folder and you will see a ei cfg This can be edited with Wordpad or notepad either one will do fine You will see this Code EditionID Professional Channel OEM VL Remove Professional and put HomePremium instead of Professional underneath EditionID Make it look like this Code EditionID HomePremium Channel OEM VL Save it and continue Run the setup exe inside the directory where you extracted copied the Windows Installation It will do the upgrade warn you about any incompatibilities When it finishes the installation DO NOT ENTER A KEY Your Professional key will not work here Once done we are going to go back to the DVD image extraction location Where you copied extracted the Windows DVD Remember the ei cfg we edited using notepad wordpad Well we need to change the EditionID back to professional We can't do an anytime upgrade by using the Professional key because Microsoft made special keys for that purpose and the ones you received were not the correct ones Once you do that save it then run setup exe You are going to go through the same steps as before but at the end of the upgrade it'll ask you for a key put your Professional key in this time Wallah Run Updates and Install remove any programs that got blown away by the upgrade It happens sometimes when parts of a program don't work properly on Windows I was able to do this on laptops for work To sum it up we basically did upgrades Vista to HP then from HP to Pro Why it works Probably because when you don't put a key in Windows has a default key it inputs automatically

A:Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro

It works also because an Upgrade only needs to see an OS when first scanning the HD to allow upgrade key.

If you don't put the key in upfront and it continues the install, it is allowing you 30 days to input the key at Computer>Properties.

I figured someone would put this together when I saw this popular workaround which worked for me on RTM > 7 Home Premium: UNAWAVE - Downgrade Ultimate to Home Premium or Professional

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/45177-upgrade-vista-home-premium-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I am having a devil of a job upgrading from Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 Home Premium. The installation procedure runs all the way through without a hitch. However, when the PC boots back up, I get a message saying the upgrade was unsuccessful and that the previous Vista O/S will be reinstated. Also, if I restart the PC manually, I get a Dos screen up asking me to choose between 'Setup' and 'Vista'. The PC will only boot up if I choose the 'Vista' option. Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this annoying problem?

A:Windows 7 upgrade from Vista Home Premium

Are you using an OEM Windows 7 DVD? Or, MS blue-disk DVD? OEMs are often installed & "married" to a specific computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/363744-windows-7-upgrade-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a Samsung Netbook which came with Windows 7 Starter and I am finding that I miss the extras of Home Premium Retail which installed on my Desktop PC. I have the Home Premium installation disk which I used, but as far as I am aware it is a single use licence.

The Anytime Upgrade is available on the Samsung, but at a cost of ?70 from M$.
Is anyone aware of a more cost effective (legitimate) method?

Having Googled for it, I come up with this:
Microsoft Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade, Starter to Home Premium (Licence only): Amazon.co.uk: Software.
Anyone know of anywhere better?

A:Upgrade Windows 7 Starter to Home Premium

Yes, buy the home premium family family pack- you'll spend more initially but you'll get 3 retail licenses @ about $50 each.

If you do decide to do that, save an image of your starter install first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/147171-upgrade-windows-7-starter-home-premium.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi Guys,
I'm after purchasing the downloadable upgrade version of Windows 7 Home Premium, but when I clicked on my downloads folder to install it, it wouldn't open. I downloaded this version last month on to my laptop without any real problems. My PC is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo L with Windows Vista SP 2 installed on it. Can anyone help?

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Version

Can you be more specific as to what you purchased and downloaded and what exactly happens when you try to open or run something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-version.888254/
Relevancy 75.25%

I'm running an Anytime Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Pro on a Dell XPS16. The installation has corrupted files that I have been unable to fix through the SFC utility or other means. I'm thinking my most desirable option would be to use the Home Premium installation CD that came with the laptop to do an "Upgrade" (repair) installation. However, my understanding is that because I upgraded from Home Premium to Pro, my only option, at this point, is to do a Custom installation, which will wipe out my applications and settings. Is that the case? Any advice would be much appreciated.

A:How to repair Windows after Home Premium to Pro upgrade

Thought windows anytime upgrade died a while ago, what exactly do you need advice on ?

Have you ever done a clean install ?

Clean Install Windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

Did the corrupt files start after the upgrade ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/372537-how-repair-windows-after-home-premium-pro-upgrade.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Have installed this twice using the different options and the OS seems to drag considerably. The optical drive is not very responsive and the shutting down takes ages. I have installed enditall with no effect. Really need some help here Windows Advisor never threw up any issues. Plenty of HHD space and 4GB RAM. The laptop is only one year old.
Any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 75.25%

Ok here is the problem I have. I have a laptop with vista home premium 32 bit.. (OEM)..No install disk But can make one.I was going to install it on pc. I have ordered an upgrade disk for windows 7 x64 professional.. I was wanting to put it on my pc. It is running Windows 7600-16384 at the moment. From what I see it seems I won't be able to upgrade because:
1. Vista home premium to Windows professional won't work.
2. You can't upgrade with windows 7600-16384 to RTM
3. Not sure about going from 32 bit to 64 bit.

I am correct in my thinking??? If so I may have to cancel my upgrade buy from Newegg..Or change it somehow.

Would I be able to do clean install (RTM) on the pc with 7600-16384 on there????

A:Vista Home Premium 32 bit upgrade to Windows 7 x64

Hi buckman, welcome to the forums.

Firstly, the upgrade paths have been set out HERE

Secondly if your hardware is x64 compatible then there's no reason not to install x64. You will, however, need to 'clean' install as upgrades from x86 to x64 do not work.

Hope this helps in some way

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/17708-vista-home-premium-32-bit-upgrade-windows-7-x64.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I just bought an upgrade version of Windows which I intend to use to upgrade my Vista Upgrade Vista from (home Windows premium) laptop I just want to be sure I do not make mistake in this upgrade I have a bit Upgrade from Windows Vista (home premium) Vista and I want to upgrade to bit Windows Is it possible Or do I have to use a custom installation I presume I can do a custom installtion since though the windows cover says quot upgrade from Vista quot it also says that one would have to perform a clean install if it was XP that was being upgraded Am I correct in this assumption I know one or two of Upgrade from Windows Vista (home premium) my programmes freewares would not work with bit Is there any way to run them in an environment which would allow them to run may be in a compatibility version In case I want to go back to Vista unlikely but always possible would the installation of Windows keep the Vista backup option on my HP laptop drive D Finally why should I use a bit version except that it is the most advanced Many thanks for your help I can back up all my programmes and data on a hard disk which I would before upgrading nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

i am in the works on my new rig and my dumba-- bought windows upgrade without knowing it and tried to install it on my new hard drive so i was wondering since it needs vista to upgrade from is it possible to place my old hard drive from my vista computer and place it on my new motherboard and install the upgrade disk or am i going to have to buy the OEM?

A:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit UPGRADE issue

If your new motherboard supports the old drive, you should be able to put it in. You will most likely need to boot up fully into Vista and let it find the new drivers for the motherboard first, or download and install them yourself. It's been awhile since I've swapped HDDs from mobo to mobo, but I am pretty sure you will need your chipset driver for your new motherboard..maybe get all of your peripheral drivers ready just in case..

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/140548-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-upgrade-issue.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have somebody who was asking me for help upgrading their Vista system to Windows 7. They bought the OEM copy of Windows 7 and instead need a copy of Windows 7 64-bit home premium upgrade. They intend to return it as luckily the packaging hadn't been opened.

The question is, where can I purchase a legitimate copy of Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium, either Upgrade or Retail, whatever will allow the easy upgrade option instead of overwriting everything?

A link to a reputable site or mail-order business that ships to the Chicago Suburbs would be appreciated.

Oh, the computer in question does NOT have a touch screen, and Windows 8 is probably unsuitable for that system. It might work OK if she bought a touch screen, but does not want one. She's just interested in Windows 7 Home Premium.

All I can find on Amazon and Tiger Direct are OEM copies.

A:Where to purchase Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium retail or upgrade?

Personally I'd go for a clean install as opposed to upgrading from Vista.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329040-where-purchase-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-retail-upgrade.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I am currently running Windows XP Home Edition and I think I am ready to make the jump to Vista Specifically I want to upgrade to Vista Home Premium bit version You see currently I have GB of ram installed into my computer but because of page filing CPU cache and the MB of memory on my Video Card coupled with the limitation of -bit operating systems I cannot use Questions Home bit Premium to (32 Windows 64 bit) Upgrade Vista an entire GB of ram Upgrading to a bit Operating System is the only way to solver this issue It s funny because I am expecting a performance INCREASE from upgrading to Vista I also have a Dual-core bit AMD Opteron processor that I would like to take full advantage of if not only for the sake of saying that I am Finally I NEED DirextX Need So here is my question Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade Questions (32 bit to 64 bit) I can get a Vista Home Premium Upgrade disk and license through my college for cheap The only problem is that I am unsure if you can upgrade from XP Home bit to Windows Vista bit I called up Microsoft to ask them this question specifically and after much waiting I was told that it was possible I was told that I would first need to install Windows Vista Home Premium onto my computer with the -bit disks and that I would then be shipped the bit disks that would allow me to upgrade from a to bit operating environment The thing is I felt like I knew more about Windows Vista than the saleswomen at first she didn t even know you could get Home Premium in bit My questions for you fine folk is Can I upgrade from Windows XP Home bit version edition to Windows Vista Home Premium bit edition with the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade package If I can are the instructions from the saleswomen correct I would think that I would just have to wait for the bit disks and use those as opposed to upgrading to vista and THEN If I can t and need a clean install can I do a clean installation with the Windows Vista Home Premium Upgrade Packaged Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 74.39%

I'm ttrying to get the Windows 10 Upgrade, but after going through some help screen, It's telling me that my product is not eligible for an upgrade.

I'm just wondering why that is. I have Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium SP1 that I purchased with a new HP Pavilion desktop computer. I have a product key. why isn't this eligible for W 10? Any ideas?

thanks,
Carl

A:Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium SP1 Product Not Eligible for Upgrade?

Hello and welcome Carl I don't know exactly why but it does recommend you remove any security suites from the machine before you go ahead.

My own personal experience is that one of my desktops upgraded from an OEM Home version I put on but my Toshiba laptop upgraded but would not go past build 10074 and kept asking me to activate it so it could be purely down to glitches or bugs in the system.

By the by how did you get the 10 as I downloaded the ISO and then loaded it from booting from the DVD? As I said I had an OEM clean install to get rid of all the Toshiba crapware - maybe the HP stuff could be causing the problem/s.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378143-windows-7-64-bit-home-premium-sp1-product-not-eligible-upgrade.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Greetings, I have a retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 Upgrade that I am trying to find a way to slipstream all the updates after SP1 into. I've found information about using RT 7 Lite to slipstream and WUD to get all the current updates however I don't know which options to select in WUD and RT 7 Lite gives me the error "Please Select A Valid Windows 7 Operating System" when I try and select the original image copied to my computer by the software. Any help or guidance on this would be most appreciated. Thanks so much!

A:Slipstreaming Windows 7 Home Premium-SP1 Upgrade Problems

Update 7 installation media - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/317365-slipstreaming-windows-7-home-premium-sp1-upgrade-problems.html
Relevancy 74.39%

What are the "upgrade" rules? I don't need Windows 7 Professional but sometimes upgrades don't work if you are moving to a package lower on the feature tree. Please let me know if you have a definitive answer or give me a pointer to the correct place to ask.

A:Upgrade Vista Business to Windows 7 Home Premium?

Hello RadioShackModel3, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sorry, but the supported upgrade paths are: Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 or SP2 -> Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows Vista Business SP1 or SP2 -> Windows 7 Professional
Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 or SP2 -> Windows 7 Ultimate

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/14532-upgrade-vista-business-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all I plan on doing some hardware upgrades at the end of the year however I am concerned about the OEM EULA this is what I will be upgrading to x Corsair W CX Series V PSU - x SATA x PCI-E x Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR Mhz CL V Non-ECC Unbuffered x Corsair Carbide R Case x AMD FX- Black Edition Core Ghz Socket AM MB L Cache Retail Boxed Processor x ASUS Crosshair V Formula FX Socket AM Channel audio ATX Motherboard Will this be considered a new pc and when I do get this upgrade will I then be able to upgrade my graphics card from a Upgrade 7 Home x64 Oem: Premium Hardware Concerns. Windows to a at a later date When or if I need a new windows also if I do need a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns. new copy can I keep my one I have on my hard drive but Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns. buy a new CD key off of Microsoft Many thanks Ben just in case you needed it here is my system specs x AMD Phenom ii X t Ghz Processor Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns. x Sapphire HD Graphics Card x MSI A-G Motherboard x G-Skill GB x GB DDR mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit x Artic w PSU x Seagate Barracuda gb HDD

A:Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Oem: Hardware Upgrade Concerns.

Quote: Originally Posted by MiniB3N

Hi all,

I plan on doing some hardware upgrades at the end of the year, however I am concerned about the OEM EULA this is what I will be upgrading to:

.1x Corsair 600W CX Series V2 PSU - 6x SATA 2x PCI-E
.2x Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 1.5V Non-ECC Unbuffered
.1x Corsair Carbide 400R Case
.1x AMD FX-6 6100 Black Edition 6 Core 3.3Ghz Socket AM3+ 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
.1x ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX Socket AM3+ 8 Channel audio ATX Motherboard

Will this be considered a new pc, and when I do get this upgrade will I then be able to upgrade my graphics card from a 6870 to a 6970 at a later date, When or if I need a new windows 7.

also if I do need a new copy can I keep my one I have on my hard drive but buy a new CD key off of Microsoft?

I think that would be considered as a new PC, due to the new motherboard. I don't think the video card is a problem.

You will likely have to buy a new key from Microsoft.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/213788-windows-7-home-premium-x64-oem-hardware-upgrade-concerns.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I made a similar thread a while ago but I figured it would be best to start a new thread instead of bumping the old one Due to the student price for Windows it is highly likely that I will be buying Windows though I will not be ordering it until Windows is actually on shelves as I would prefer a hard copy My desktop has Athlon X dual core 7 Windows regarding Home Premium Questions Microsoft Upgrade process it is a AMD Athlon X I believe don't remember the exact number I have a few questions Would an upgrade to Windows x merit a clean install would x merit one Questions regarding Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade What would be the main differences between the two other than that I would be able to add more RAM with x I have heard I will driver issues with most things if I use x is this Questions regarding Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade true Also how many licenses does one purchase i e would I have to buy a second copy for my laptop

A:Questions regarding Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade

first thing 1st http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...e-advisor.aspx to make sure you have anything.

secound with the 32 and 64 part read http://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-64...-bit-t484.html <--- basicly 64 need more ram and more computer space and doesnt increase the speed by much i think

last: more upgrade or purchase with be 1 licenses for 1 computer only inleast you buy more licenses

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/questions-regarding-microsoft-windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-415523.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I purchased a Windows 7 Home Premium upgrade in 2009 in Fort Myers Fl. I returned home installed it and used it for several months but the PC failed and was returned to Costco where it was sent back to the manufacturer for refurbishing.

My question is am I able to re-use the Windows upgrade on another PC?

Thank you in advance.

A:Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade - Quick Question

These links should be helpful to you.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/activate-windows-7-on-this-computer

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-home-premium-upgrade-quick-question.1032785/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi members.

I thought I should ask may be someone know
I had purchased the present Dell Laptop almost one year ago with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit pre-installed. If I upgrade to Windows 7 will there be any discount? (I am in Japan and OS is in Japanese.)

Thank in advance.

Ari

A:Discount for upgrade Vista Home Premium 32 to WIndows 7?

Nope...you dont have a chance of getting a discount. It doesnt work that way.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261538-discount-upgrade-vista-home-premium-32-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

This might be a silly question, but I need some advice. I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit, and since the release of windows 7, the price of Vista Ultimate has dropped dramatically. My questions are these. What would be the benefit of upgrading to vista ultimate on a home PC or should I just upgrade to Windows 7?

A:Upgrade Vista Home Premium to Ultimate or Windows 7

I would go with 7.

Vista was never very popular. It would be my guess that support for the OS is ended as soon as possible, without any extensions.

7 has better security

Although mostly eye candy, 7 does have a lot of nice features.

Of course a question like this is very subjective, there is no right or wrong.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279899-upgrade-vista-home-premium-ultimate-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi guys,

I currently have windows 7 home premium 64 bit edition on my desktop. I get a copy of windows 7 professional 64 bit disc with legal key from my university for a student special. How can I upgrade? I was redirected to windows anytime upgrade during the installation. But my windows 7 professional x64 product key was not accepted there. I already have lots applications installed so I don't want to do a clean install. Any suggestion? Thanks!

A:Upgrade from windows 7 home premium to professional from disc

Quote: Originally Posted by apexapex

Hi guys,

I currently have windows 7 home premium 64 bit edition on my desktop. I get a copy of windows 7 professional 64 bit disc with legal key from my university for a student special. How can I upgrade? I was redirected to windows anytime upgrade during the installation. But my windows 7 professional x64 product key was not accepted there. I already have lots applications installed so I don't want to do a clean install. Any suggestion? Thanks!

Your original installation may have an "OEM" license and your pro license may be retail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/202483-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-professional-disc.html
Relevancy 73.53%

So I recently bought a product key for Windows Anytime Upgrade, so I can get rid of Win7 Starter on my netbook and get Windows 7 Home Premium. I start the Anytime Upgrade software and it works great, but fails as the upgrade gets around 90%, at which the upgrade process "fails" and restores the OS to Windows 7 Starter. I've looked at a few guides that gave solutions, but I've had no luck. Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this working?

The only thing I can find in the upgrade log that looks suspicious is:

Error: WAU | Failed to create WAU event due to error 0x5

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work? Thanks.

(I will give more infos if needed)

A:Windows Anytime Upgrade Failure; Starter to Home Premium (32 bit)

Try rebooting to run it again to see if it corrects itself.

Next try a clean boot: In msconfig>Startup uncheck everything (add AV back later), then do the same in msconfig>Services after Hiding all MS services. Reboot several times to make sure nothing sneaks back in, or turn it off in its Program Preferences or Uninstall it. One more reboot, try AU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/194466-windows-anytime-upgrade-failure-starter-home-premium-32-bit.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I tried using VISTA home premium but evidently this is not one that works. I have WinXp Pro and I want to get to win7 home premium as an in place installation. What version of VISTA do I need?

A:What Version of VISTA Do I need For an Inplace Upgrade to Windows & Home Premium?

Any version will work, I suggest Home Premium ($119.99), but you need to run the W7 upgrade advisor first, to see if your PC can handle the upgrade.

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/get/upgrade-advisor.aspx

Once you are satisfied your PC will run W7, see this article/video on moving from XP to W7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-windows-7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-version-of-vista-do-i-need-for-an-inplace-upgrade-to-windows-home-premium.889116/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi - I used the process outlined in this link http www winsupersite com showcase winvista upgrade clean asp to make a clean install from Windows XP Home Media Edition to Windows Vista Home Premium lt lt ACER notebook G ram Ghz G HDD gt gt Until I found Paul Thurrott s web site it looked Drivers to Vista Home Missing After Windows Premium Upgrade like I was going to have to actually upgrade and bring along all that mess from years of using XP But following the instructions Paul gave I actually did get a clean install The software was off too from Circuit City Too bad about them huh Well the clean went well but afterwards when I repeated Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium the process inputting the product key right near the end maybe Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium the rd or th restart the ACER froze up I did it again after first deleting the partition and recreating it BootIt NG nd time it installed fine Took about min for the clean install and hour min for the upgrade The only thing I did differently the nd time was to change the boot sequence back to HDD CDROM Anyway the PC is fine Wireless works and I ve done some Internet browsing But in device manager I have instances of PCI Flash mem alarm and instance of a USB camera alarm Minor but Vista keeps reminding me to install drivers I don t have the hardware so I don t know why this has happened Anyone know What to do at this point Thanks RDL nbsp

A:Drivers Missing After Upgrade to Windows Vista Home Premium

Solved by getting two drivers from ACER's web site. It wasn't obvious which ones I needed by the description in Device Manager but after Googling found several folks who had the same thing happen to them and also found which drivers were needed.

RDL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/drivers-missing-after-upgrade-to-windows-vista-home-premium.794393/
Relevancy 73.53%

Having read some threads I am under the impression I won't have to purchase another copy of windows but I was wondering what I will have to do in order to continue using the same copy of windows.

Some people have indicated that I will need to contact Microsoft but I couldn't determine if they meant the automated phone number used to activate Windows or if was another number?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is a well answered question elsewhere.

A:Motherboard/CPU upgrade with Retail Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

I have used the same copy of windows 7 through around 3 motherboard changes and cpu changes.

On 2 occasions I have had to activate by phone, and you just simply follow the instructions on your pc screen and via the automated phone. Takes a few mins at most.

Edit: And welcome to seven forums McRask

Cheers

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185185-motherboard-cpu-upgrade-retail-windows-7-home-premium-64bit.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Dear Sir/Madam
I would like to upgrade my laptop from Win 7 Home Premium to higher version.   But it was either saying, the country I was in cannot purchase Windows 8, 8.1 or 10; or it give a message saying I need to run it from Window Anywhere Upgrade.  This
also failed saying "there is no upgarded.
Please can you advise?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f782686d-90c9-48ac-8e0d-2691b19961bb/unable-to-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-to-higher-version?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 73.53%

I am trying to upgrade from 2GB to 4BG at 1GB sticks. I recently got 2 Transcend 1gb sticks #TS128MLQ64V6J   (2 x 1GB = 2GB) 240-pin DIMM DDR2 PC-5300 RAM memory module for desktop PC
240-pin DIMM, unbuffered Non-ECC memory.
and they don't work, the 2 in my cpu now that work are Hynix 1GB 2rx8 pc2-5300u-555-12. I am trying to figure out why they don't work?

Regards    

A:Windows Vista Home Premium (Memory Upgrade Problem)

Looks to me as if those modules should work.  Remove the old modules, replace them with the new in the same slots.

Does system boot?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517697/windows-vista-home-premium-memory-upgrade-problem/
Relevancy 73.1%

I was wondering --

I bought Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade when it was 1/2 price in July. I can also purchase Windows 7 Professional through the Ultimate Steal here in Canada.

I currently have Windows Vista Home Premium on my computer. I really don't want to do a clean install.

After I do an in-place upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium, can I use the key from Windows 7 Professional to upgrade to that version?

After that, can I then install Windows 7 Home Premium on a friend's computer, using the same key I had originally used on my computer, now that I'm not using Windows 7 Home Premium any more?

Thanks.

A:Upgrade Vista Home Premium --> 7 Home Premium --> 7 Pro

It appears the Upgrade keys are much more flexible than in the past, so it is worth a try at install. The worst is that you would have to use the key that came with the version.

No one I've read knows for sure whether an upgrade deactivates the underlying O.S. key, and MS's own Technet MVP's say it doesn't in case of reinstall need. It violates the EULA, of course, which says the upgraded OS replaces it except for reinstall.

Since upgrade keys are working in clean installs, you might want to try this providing your Vista Premium is retail so that you can migrate it to your friend:

1) Make an image of your Vista Premium install so it can be easily restored.

2) Try a clean formatted install booting from desired Win7 Upgrade version, which should take the key, or require the double "upgrade over upgrade" trick so the key is taken.

3) If this works, you can migrate your retail copy of Vista to your friend's computer, if not just use your backup image to restore it for in place Upgrade.

You will need to make a backup image of the finished job to avoid having to reinstall both OS in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/31213-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-home-premium-7-pro.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,I have been looking for a solution to upgrade my Inspiron 1525 laptop, preinstalled with Vista Home Premium 32 bits when I bought it.The target is to prepare path to upgrade to Windows 10.I need Windows 7 or 8 to start with.I could not find a way on Dell website.
Many thanks in advance !Isabelle

A:Upgrade for my Inspiron 1525 Laptop from Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits to Windows 7 or 8 and then to Windows 10

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
We would like to inform you that the Inspiron 1525 is not tested for windows 10 and we would not suggest that you upgrade the version of windows 
Kindly private message the service tag and email address.
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19983486
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello everyone I've been stuck OS 10 Home back upgrade Premium Windows reverts 7 Windows to (previous on trying to upgrade to Windows I am currently using a OEM Windows Home Premium bit HP Pavilion dv laptop Problem started when I notified Microsoft that I wanted to upgrade to Windows I upgraded with my wife's laptop first She also has the same laptop but its a newer version Windows installed fine so I decided to do mine So I repeated the steps I did when I upgraded my wife's laptop I clicked on the Windows icon in my task Windows 10 upgrade reverts back to Windows 7 Home Premium (previous OS bar It told me Windows upgrade was ready so Windows 10 upgrade reverts back to Windows 7 Home Premium (previous OS I clicked on continue I let the update take its course After hours of seeing the words quot working on it quot I decided to exit out of the program thinking something is wrong I restarted my laptop and clicked on the Windows icon again This time I did this before I went to bed When I woke up it still had the words quot working on it quot So I did some research and I came across a thread that stated to use Windows update I ran the Windows update and to my surprise Windows was there it was the only update I clicked on update and it started to download so I figured life was good Windows downloaded and installed It went through the three phases Baking up files installing software and drivers and then validation lt --if those are not the exact three phases I forgot but there are three phases-- gt as soon as the third phase finished it states that something goes wrong and reverts back to Windows Home Premium So I commence my research I download every fix it tool known to man and every SUR that all the forums point to I will post my SFC scannow file in this thread So I contact Microsoft and the first technician was helpful he thought my problem was that my profile was corrupt so we created a new administrator profile and tried installing the update that way but still my laptop does the same thing goes through the update and install then reverts back to original OS So I research some more because I don't want to wait hrs on the phone to talk to another Microsoft technician So I do more research I came across a thread to do a clean boot and turn off WIFI when during the install phase of Windows I did this but instead of turning of WIFI I cut my router off so there was no Internet period Laptop still reverted back to original OS So I did more digging and came across another thread that states to run the update troubleshooter So I open help in windows and download the update troubleshooter and attached is my result I have also uploaded my CBS log Since I got frustrated I decided to give Microsoft another chance so I waited two hours to talk to a technician Technician decided to download Windows using the media creation tool I thought it was going to work I waited patiently as I saw my Windows software being downloaded Once it downloaded it started to install so I was pretty excited But after the last part of the installation it went to check for updates and about minutes later it stated that windows had a problem and it couldn't upgrade Please any help would be appreciated I don't know what else to do at this point Thanks for your time to read this post

A:Windows 10 upgrade reverts back to Windows 7 Home Premium (previous OS

Did you begin this extravaganza with Windows 7 Home Premium?

Or Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1?

What's an "SUR"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378430-windows-10-upgrade-reverts-back-windows-7-home-premium-previous-os.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,

When I got my HP laptop it had a trial Office 2007 which expired yesterday. I want to purchase Office Standard 2007, which would give me Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, but do I also have to upgrade my Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

Compused

A:Do I have to upgrade Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

compused said:

Hi,

When I got my HP laptop it had a trial Office 2007 which expired yesterday. I want to purchase Office Standard 2007, which would give me Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, but do I also have to upgrade my Windows Vista Home Premium to run Office Standard 2007?

CompusedClick to expand...

No! Just get the Office 2007 and you'll be set..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-i-have-to-upgrade-windows-vista-home-premium-to-run-office-standard-2007.130305/
Relevancy 72.67%

if its not possible, how can i make it possible?

if its possible, how to do it?

A:is it possible to upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium(Trial) to Windows 7 Ultimate?

It's not possible, neither can it be made possible as the upgrade wouldn't install from a trial version, and even if it did, it would cause persistent problems.

You have to install the non-trial version as a "clean" installation on to an empty partition.
Back up all your important data first to another drive or to DVDs.
Applications will have to be re-installed once the non-trial version is up and running.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-trial-to-windows-7-ultimate-611672.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi All,

Last week I bought a Toshiba NB300-108 netbook which came with Windows 7 starter pre-installed but I have since installed Windows 7 Home Premium Edition only to find problems with the screen resolution and the mouse pad functions.

I managed to find the driver for the screen resolution but I am completely stumped when it comes to fixing the mouse pad. The mouse pad will work but I can't scroll down web pages by sliding my finger down the right hand side of the pad like I could in Windows starter edition.

I have tried the Toshiba website and tried a number of "googles" without success so can anyone please tell me how to get my mouse touchpad back to how it should be?

Many thanks in anticipation of your usual help and expertise.

Paolo

A:[SOLVED] Toshiba netbook mouse pad won't work after upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium

have you updated the driver for your touch pad? here is a ink for it
http://uk.computers.toshiba-europe.c...=4&startPage=1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-toshiba-netbook-mouse-pad-wont-work-after-upgrade-to-windows-7-home-premium-486777.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Can I not go to a site and do a simple upgrade from home premium to professional and pay accordingly?
It appears I cannot unless I pay approx. ?330 for a new OS.

The problem I have got I recently upgraded my RAM from 12gb to 32gb, apparently the Home premium will only use 16gb. Is this correct? professional will run 32gb!!!!!

Help would be appreciated. Thank you

A:upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to windows 7 professional

The Microsoft "anytime upgrade" for Windows 7 has been discontinued. You will, apparently, have to buy a new version. However, there may still be "OEM" versions available and they are less than the full versions. The only difference is the OEM can only be used on the PC it is first installed, just like the original "OEM" version that came with your Dell.

What are doing or going to do that will require that much memory? I have 16GB installed on my recording studio PC and have never used over 7GB of RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/321650-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-windows-7-professional.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I am looking for the best available option to upgrade the OS of my HP Pavillion dv7 Notebook from (factory installed) Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1 to Windows 7 Professional.  Unfortunately it's no longer available from Microsoft on my "Windows Anytime Upgrade" program installed on my system; including the "upgrade key" option.It is frustrating to see how Microsoft  "support" for windows 7 is now limited on a good product that  lots of us like and still has big demand. The sometimes  (confusing) upgrade option is available from many on line stores.Please advise  

A:Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Proffessional

Interesting that your Windows 7 Home Premium does not allow the upgrade.  I am using Windows 7 Pro on several PC's and it still allows the "upgrade".  Perhaps you are looking in the wrong place.  Go to Control Panel>System and Security>System.  Does the "Get more features with a new edition of Windows 7" (in blue) show up?  Click on that and then the choice "Enter an upgrade key".  Of course you need the key for Windows 7 Pro at that point.That is how I have done a few for friends in the past but not recently.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Upgrade-Windows-7-Home-Premium-to-Windows-7-Proffessional/td-p/5687656
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello recently I upgraded from XP to Windows Premium Home 7 64 bit.
Right after that my Brother hl-3070cw told me the factory original toner was low and refuses to print.
I replaced the old toner with a new one.
The printer says that it it READY.

But It Refuses to Print.

The printer will not even print the default Test Print.

Anybody have a solution?

A:Windows upgrade from XP to Windows Premium Home 7 64 bit, Problem.

Stupid question:

Have you installed the drivers for the HL-3070CW?

I have one, and it has a full driver suite for Win7 X64, available for download from Brother. The interface that I use is an Ethernet connection from the printer to a router. My main desktop is hardwired to the router, but I also have a laptop and secondary desktop that connect using WiFi. All three can print directly to the 3070.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/258666-windows-upgrade-xp-windows-premium-home-7-64-bit-problem.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a new laptop that came with Windows 7 Home Premium. I bought Windows 7 Professional Upgrade from download and the backup disc. Please point me to the appropriate installation instructions for this scenario. Need and appreciate help

Addendum: Unfortunately, the Windows 7 Professional Upgrade I purchased is not the Anytime Upgrade and it can't be returned since it was obtained through the student program. So do I need to reformat this hard drive and install my upgrade version from boot?? If so, how is the reformat accomplished?

A:How to Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional

Press windows and pause/break keys together.

In the new window that pops up, select change product key.

Put your new Professional key in.

Then Activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161408-how-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-windows-7-professional.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello Guys

First of all, Please move this to right section if this doesn't belongs here Thanks.

I would like to ask about my HP G62-340US with Pre-Installed with Windows 7 Home Premium and
I also have a Windows 7 Professional Legit Key installed on other machine.
Now, my other machine with Win7Pro is, I didn't use it anymore, and formatted the drive few months back.

Is it Okay If I upgrade my HP G62-340US with Win7 Home Premium to Windows 7 PRO using the same key that I used before on my OLD machine that was not available anymore?

any help would be appreciated. thank you.

A:Upgrade Windows 7 Home Premium with Windows 7 Professional from OLD PC

Hi netbox,

The answer to your question is "it depends" (helpful I know)

Basically, if your old machine came with Windows 7 Professional pre-installed then it is probably an OEM copy. This means that the license is locked to that machine and that machine only and can't be transferred.

However, if it is a retail copy. That is, you went out and bought the disk, and it didn't come pre-installed then it should be fine. Although Windows may ask you to call Microsoft for activation, just so you can tell them that it isn't in use any more. Here's a tutorial: Upgrade Install with Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/191146-upgrade-windows-7-home-premium-windows-7-professional-old-pc.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a machine with Windows XP and i want to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium. I have to make only upgrade because I have some programs for some machines and I don't have a CD to reinstall them. So I try to do simple upgrade but it show Error that I cant do that. So is there some tricks to to or I have to make clean installation of Windows 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387374-upgrade-windows-xp-windows-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm trying to find out the easiest way to go about upgrading from Windows Home Premium bit to Windows Ultimate bit and what issues I might run into I don't want to reinstall everything Or anything if possible so am looking for the easiest option to upgrade Anytime upgrade offers the upgrade at a bit expensive I found a seller on ebay selling quot Microsoft Windows Ultimate -Bit Full Digital Download Key quot for a lot less He has about feedback at My question is can I use the key from this and enter it into the 'Enter an upgrade key' Premium Ultimate reinstall? Upgrade Anytime from or Home - to Upgrade box during the Anytime Upgrade Will I run into problems doing this Alternatively I could get a copy of Ultimate from Digital River burn it to Upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium - Anytime Upgrade or reinstall? a disk or thumb drive use the key from the ebay seller above and try to do an 'upgrade' install over the top of my current Windows Home Premium install I don't know if this is even possible Any suggestions are welcome Thanks

A:Upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium - Anytime Upgrade or reinstall?

The best way for any install is ALWAYS a clean install. Believe me you will have less problems and headaches than an upgrade. It would be worth your while to reinstall your software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/348440-upgrade-ultimate-home-premium-anytime-upgrade-reinstall.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Can I upgrade to premium and have all my files,settings,programs etc carried over automatically or do I need to save them to a external hard-drive or something? I'm on a laptop,2gb,I've ran the Update Advisor which says I can update from my current V.Home Basic to Home Premium.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I'm new here, just registered.

I successfully bought the upgrade version of Windows 7 Home Premium N, downloaded and extracted it and now I want to install it.
When I choose UPDATE in the intallation dialog it tells me that I cannot upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Home Premium ???
Every website from Windows and other people tells me that it IS possible and even the Windows 7 Update Advisor told me that I should not encounter any problems upgrading.

Has anyone of you yet encountered upgrading problems of compatible Vista/7 versions?
Or any other idea what I can do to solve the problem?!

I know that I can make a clean intall of 7, but this would be a pain...

Thank you very much in advance
Elefantman (t?r????)

My system is:
Samsung Laptop R70
Intel Duo Core 1,8GH
3GB Ram
Windows Home Premium (OEM)
Service Pack 1
32 Bit

And I bought:
Windows 7 Home Premium N
32 Bit
Download/Upgrade

A:Cant upgrade from Vista Home Premium to 7 Home PremiumN

I'm having the exact same problem. When I choose upgrade it checks compatibility and says:

"Windows cannot be upgraded because the hard disk partition is formatted with an unsupported version of the NTFS file system. You must restart the computer using the Windows installation disc, perform a custom install, reformat the hard disk partition, and then reinstall your existing files, settings and programs. Go online to see how to install Windows 7 and keep your files and settings."

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30644-cant-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-home-premiumn.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I'm in a similar situation as this guy:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008546-how-replace-vista-full-windows.html

except when I boot up my disk, I only get to the 2nd step:

2) Progress Bar:
The next screen is a more graphical progress bar indicating Windows 7 is still working in the background.

it wont go past this screen.

The same thing happens when I boot it up normally(without the disk for windows 7 home premium), only with the disk in it has the windows 7 rather than the vista look.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem?

A:Solved: Replacing windows vista home premium with windows 7 home premium

Hi,
You've got this thread started too http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/1008564-laptop-hangs-loading-bar-screen.html

Is that one now solved too? You've marked this one solved, could you explain how you solved it in case others need to solve the same problem sometime in the future?

Thanks

Richard

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-replacing-windows-vista-home-premium-with-windows-7-home-premium.1008999/
Relevancy 68.37%

Greetings Tech Support Guy, The computer I wish to purchase has Windows Vista Home Premium preinstalled, with a ticket to purchase an upgrade To Windows 7 Home Premium.
As I wish to use Windows 7 immediately (without bothering with Vista Home Premium) can you please advise, in detail, how I can delete Vista completely and install Windows 7 with minimum fuss.
All help greatly appreciated,
With Best Regards
Outofthedarkness

A:Replacing Vista Home Premium with Windows 7 Home Premium

When you get the Vista DVD, boot from it and choose Custom "advanced" installation. Then highlight the partition you want to put 7 on (preferably the Vista partition) then click "delete" (be careful which partition you choose) once the old Vista partition is deleted, be sure the new unallocated partition is highlighted and hit next to continue installing 7. Here is a screenshot, your partition structure may be slightly different.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replacing-vista-home-premium-with-windows-7-home-premium.871294/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there, i have the upgrade for windows 7 home premium, a member of the household has recently brought a netbook which has windows 7 starter. I am wondering if i connect an external dvd drive to the netbook, if i can do an easy upgrade to home premium on this netbook?

thanks

A:Upgrade from Starter to Home Premium with Upgrade DVD?

You can do any Anytime Upgrade for which you just need a key, you dont need any disk or external dvd drive.

How to Upgrade Your Netbook to Windows 7 Home Premium - How-To Geek

Windows Anytime Upgrade - How to

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182347-upgrade-starter-home-premium-upgrade-dvd.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Want to upgrade Win 7 Home Premium 32bit to Pro 32bit so that, among other things, I can do backups to a network attached storage device. Anytime Upgrade tells me it is no longer available.
Home Premium was installed from a Reinstallation DVD for Dell PCs (I have a Dimension 5000) and I still have the DVD and product key from when I installed and registered it.
Is there still a way to upgrade (legally of course) or would I need to buy a Pro DVD (or download it) with a new product key and do a clean install?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/381333-7-home-premium-upgrade-pro-still-possible-without-anytime-upgrade.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Microsoft keeps popups saying to upgrade to Win 10. It goes thru all the motions of updating for 2 hrs or more, then starts the upgrade for another hour or more. Then all of sudden it has not upgraded because of some update. What is the update missing and
why?  Have automatic updates from Microsoft.   Merygold

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a404ea71-03dd-470b-8865-2ee23c835eed/win-10-upgrade-from-win-7-home-premium?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 67.08%

I have Win 7 Home premium installed and activated.(it came on the computer) The non profit that I do work for allows us to buy the Win 7 Pro upgrade DVD for almost nothing so I did. When I try to upgrade from within Windows, it tells me that I need to use Windows anytime upgrade. When I attempt to use it, and type in the provided 25 digit license, it takes it, starts the upgrade, and then tells me that the license number is valid, but not for anytime upgrade.

When I try and boot directly from the DVD with the system BIOS set for DVD as 1st boot item, it skips right past the DVD and boots from the hard drive.

Is there anyway to do this upgrade from the DVD, or is it only good if I do a complete re install?

Thanks!

A:Upgrade Win 7 Home Premium to Win 7 Pro on DVD

http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/windows_7_upgrade_chart.png

It's not permitted to do an upgrade-in-place from Vista Home Premium to Win7 Pro. Only a custom (clean) install is allowed.

I don't know why Microsoft set it up that way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/42762-upgrade-win-7-home-premium-win-7-pro-dvd.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I currently have an 1156 mobo system which had Win 7 Hme Prim installed and upgraded to Win 7 Pro, on line , directly from MS through their easy upgrade policy.
Now I am in process of building an 1155 mobo, with 3rd gen i5 CPU, system to replace the old 1156 system.

Problem: I do not recall receiving from MS any email regarding a Key number for the Win 7 Pro product. How do I retrieve proof that I paid for the Win 7 Pro product and how do I install that product on the new SSD C drive on the new system?

All help appreciated.

A:Win 7 Pro upgrade from Win 7 Home Premium

Download Belarc Advisor, run it and inside you will see your product key for windows.

Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/237135-win-7-pro-upgrade-win-7-home-premium.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm starting Law School in a month and we are required to have either Vista Business or Vista Ultimate.

Currenlty I have a: Dell Studio 1537 wit 4GB of RAM and a 64-bit Operating System. It is a Windows Vista Home Premium.

I do not understand much about computers so trying to purchase the upgrade is becoming very overwhelming for me. From what I understand, even if I purchase the upgrade directly through Microsft (even though its like $70 cheaper on Amazon) I will not receive the version I need. I instead will have to go to a website that will not work to try and order the 64bit version.

PLEASE HELP direct me to what I need. Also please remember that this is all very confusing to me!

A:Help-Need to Upgrade from Home Premium

Hello Udsl12,
I would think the easy way would be to buy OS you want, either Business or Ultimate, save all your files you want to keep to disc, then do a clean install of the Vista you decide on. That way you get it cheaper and have the benifit of a clean install.
Hope this helps, if you need anymore help just ask.
Post your results and let us know how it goes. Good luck at Law School.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/237287-help-need-upgrade-home-premium.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I just bought the $29.99 student deal of Home Premium.
I am currently running the Win7 Eval Build 7100.

Can that be upgraded, or am I going to have to go through the process of putting XP back on, and then doing the Home Premium Upgrade install ?

A:Can I upgrade the RC to Home Premium

the best you can do is clean install (since RC was Ultimate, you cannot do an in-place upgrade to a lesser version such as Home Premium).

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/28358-can-i-upgrade-rc-home-premium.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Everyone.

I wish to upgrade my pc from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 to Windows 8 Professional 64.

I have purchased and received the Windows 8 Professional (Upgrade Edition) 32/64 DVDs.

I have a few questions tho.

Do I need to disable Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2013, before I proceed with the upgrade (Keeping all apps, settings, and files) ?

Would I need to reinstall NIS 2013 after upgrade is completed ?

How long (on average) am I looking for the upgrade to fully complete from start to finish ?

And finally, does everything transfer successfully (as I'll be using the 'Keep all apps, settings, and files' option) ?

Many thanks.

A:Upgrade to Win 8 Pro 64 from Win 7 Home Premium 64

It's my understanding that Windows 8, like Windows 7, has all version content on every install DVD (or download iso for that matter) and you can use Windows Anytime Upgrade to go from Home to Pro to ... and I'm sure I remember reading you could use the key from a purchased Win 8 Pro DVD to do this. You would lose nothing doing it that way as all it really does is unlock the upgrade features.

Unfortunately I can't find the steps you need to do this with any of the Google searches I've made. Hopefully someone remembers what I'm talking about.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/24710-upgrade-win-8-pro-64-win-7-home-premium-64-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone, I just received a copy of Windows 7 Professional via MSDNAA. I'd like to upgrade my computer which is running 7 Home Premium.

Is there any tweaks that I need to make, as every time I try to launch the Upgrade process via the downloaded Win7Pro disk, it tells me to use Anytime Upgrade. However, Anytime Upgrade says that it can't upgrade to that version of windows after I enter the key given to me by the MSDNAA (it validates fine).

Suggestions?

Thanks

(Copied from NBR)

A:Upgrade Home Premium to Professional? (7)

Unfortunately, MS wants you to use Anytime to Upgrade between Win7 versions. You are left to clean install if you have another retail version.

However, there is a workaround which is achieved by adapting this popular fix for changing between the Ultimate RC and any other version: Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to any retail version Icrontic Tech

The same principle applies: you carefully change the reg keys to trick installer into thinking you are upgrading over the same version, which is a Repair Install in Win7 and therefore allowed.

It has worked every time tried so far, for many different combinations Starter>Premium, Ultimate>Pro, Premium>Ultimate, etc. All users report good performance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/64487-upgrade-home-premium-professional-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Does anyone know if the upgrade from home premium to ultimate is still available, and if it is how do I get it ?
I have looked at some prices around the net and they have shot up something awesome, plus it is no longer available via the upgrade option in windows cPanel

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382002-home-premium-ultimate-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a windows 7 home premium computer and am not sure the best way to upgrade to windows 7 professional now that Windows Anytime Upgrade (via control panel) no longer allows you to do this. I have also heard that the retail upgrade versions of win 7 pro upgrades through (relies on) Windows Anytime Upgrade not through the disk itself. Does this mean I need to buy the full retail version of Win 7 pro to do the upgrade? Note that I do not want to do a clean install. I want to do an "in-place" upgrade so I don't have to backup all files, reformat my drive, reinstall all software, etc? Will the full retail version of win 7 professional allow me to do an in-place upgrade from win 7 home premium to win 7 pro? Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/391134-how-best-upgrade-win-7-home-premium-win-7-professional.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Does anyone know if the upgrade from home premium to ultimate is still available, and if it is how do I get it ?
I have looked at some prices around the net and they have shot up something awesome, plus it is no longer available via the upgrade option in windows cPanel

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/382002-home-premium-ultimate-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.22%

It said it couldn't upgrade from my Vista Home Premium and had to do a custom install clean on top of Vista. I have not gone any farther than to see the installation finished and I see that it saved my Vista files in Windows.old.

I sure thought Win & would upgrade from Vista. Now I have to reinstall all my apps again. And if I'm going to do that anyway I might just as well install the 64 bit version instead of the 32 bit I installed.

Is this best?

I have MS Office 2007 as well to reinstall. Does it work under 64 bit Win 7?

Is this what others have seen?

A:Win 7 upgrade from Vista home Premium - not?

You can upgrade from Vista to 7, but it has to be an approved path.

Trust me - it's better to do a clean install than an in-place upgrade. Any problems you had with Vista will be present in 7. If you want to use x64, be my guest - but you have to verify that all of your hardware is supported under x64.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32963-win-7-upgrade-vista-home-premium-not.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I would like to do an in-place upgrade of my OS from Vista x64 Home Premium to Business but this doesn't appear to be an option, is that correct? Can I do an in-place upgrade to Vista x64 Ultimate? This is for a development machine and I have the OS available from my MSDN universal subscription.

A:Upgrade from Vista x64 Home Premium

Hello Weef, and welcome to Vista Forums.

Sorry, but you cannot upgrade from Home Premium to Business. You can only do a clean install instead.

Upgrade to another edition of Windows Vista - Windows Vista Help

Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/218085-upgrade-vista-x64-home-premium.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I had a fully activated and legal copy of Windows Vista running on my computer 3 months ago. I formatted my disk to install Windows 7, thinking I will activate with the upgrade key I bought.

How do I upgrade now?
Please tell me there is way to do it from within Windows 7. I have installed all the programs I want and have it running exactly the way I want it.

Don't tell me I need to clean install Win 7 again?

A:How to upgrade to Win 7 Home Premium without Vista

Quote: Originally Posted by jackdawg

I had a fully activated and legal copy of Windows Vista running on my computer 3 months ago. I formatted my disk to install Windows 7, thinking I will activate with the upgrade key I bought.

How do I upgrade now?
Please tell me there is way to do it from within Windows 7. I have installed all the programs I want and have it running exactly the way I want it.

Don't tell me I need to clean install Win 7 again?

What version of Win7 did you install?

If it's the RC then you can do a clean install with the upgrade version. It has to be activated first.

This will be confirmed soon when people will probably try every variation and post what can be done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/30519-how-upgrade-win-7-home-premium-without-vista.html
Relevancy 66.22%

my laptop has win 7 home premium installed but not activated (need to get a new key).

Luckily i can get the $30 version from DR. but i want to get the professional version because it's the same price.

what's the best way to upgrade?

can i do windows anytime upgrade using the key that i will get from DR?

A:upgrade from win7 home premium to pro?

Quote: Originally Posted by acegolfer

my laptop has win 7 home premium installed but not activated (need to get a new key).

Luckily i can get the $30 version from DR. but i want to get the professional version because it's the same price.

what's the best way to upgrade?

can i do windows anytime upgrade using the key that i will get from DR?

Welcome to Seven Forums, acegolfer!

If you have Home Premium installed and get the Professional version, and the Professional key, you should be able to load in the Professional version and activate it with that key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/34450-upgrade-win7-home-premium-pro.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I know it is a bit late to catch on but I always seem to have got one operating system working the way I like when another one comes along!
I am running Wondow XP professional on an Athlon AMD64 with an Abit UL8 motherboard and Sata HDD.
I am trying to do a new install because Vista won't allow upgrade from XP professional.
I have reached the stage in installation when I get the blue screen with a 'MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION' warning.
Having restarted from this error message and rebooting from Hard drive I get the option of booting from 'windows setup' or 'previous operationg system'. If I select 'windows setup' I get the following error:
\$WINDOWS.~BT\windows\system32\winload.exe
The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in anticipation
Abidan

A:Upgrade from XP pro to Vista home premium

Hello Abidan, Welcome to the Forum.

Originally Posted by Abidan

Hi, I know it is a bit late to catch on but I always seem to have got one operating system working the way I like when another one comes along!
I am running Wondow XP professional on an Athlon AMD64 with an Abit UL8 motherboard and Sata HDD.

The Abit Vista support for this MB seems to be very patchy at best are you sure that you will be able to find all the Vista drivers that you will need after the install?

I have reached the stage in installation when I get the blue screen with a 'MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION' warning.

This is normally an indication of hardware problems. As XP ran on this MB, it could be an indication that you will not be able to install Vista.

How far into the install are you getting?

If you are overclocking turn everything back to normal.

How much Ram do you have installed?

Check to see that you have the latest BIOS

Having restarted from this error message and rebooting from Hard drive I get the option of booting from 'windows setup' or 'previous operationg system'. If I select 'windows setup' I get the following error:
\$WINDOWS.~BT\windows\system32\winload.exe
The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.
Abidan

This error indicates to me that Vista did not install enough for you to be able to restart the (now old) install, The answer here is to reboot from the DVD drive ie. a complete new install

I would suggest trying again just in case the blue screen was a one off let us know how you get on. If it blue screens again there might be someone here who can still help you

I hope this helps

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/223728-upgrade-xp-pro-vista-home-premium.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,

I mistakenly ordered a new laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and as a result - am unable to add it to the work network domain - I just screwed up. Is it possible to "upgrade the O/S" (pay to have it unlocked) and change it to "professional" or whatever is needed? Thanks in advance.
John

A:W7 Home Premium upgrade to Professional possible?

You can upgrade from WIN7 HP to WIN7 Professional.

From Windows 7 - Anytime Upgrade to
Windows 7 Home Basic - Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate
Home Premium - Professional, Ultimate
Professional - Ultimate
Starter - Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate

It's easy it takes 10 seconds to perform Upgrade to another edition of Windows 7 by using Windows Anytime Upgrade

Just buy a win7 professional upgrade key

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317708-w7-home-premium-upgrade-professional-possible.html
Relevancy 66.22%

If I wanted to upgrade to Ultimate from Home Premium what do I need to do.

Thanks

A:W7 Home Premium upgrade to Ultimate

Just click on start, programs and then click on Windows Anytime Upgrade. Everything else is follow what it says on the site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/35113-w7-home-premium-upgrade-ultimate.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello

I recently bought a new Windows key, a professional key and I wanna upgrade my home premium the to upgrade it. I tried to upgrade it from system page and clicking on windows anytime update but its not working.

any help?

A:Upgrade from home premium to Professional

Hi nerdi and welcome to PCHF,

Perhaps this post from Microsoft Answers will help.

If the license for Windows 7 Professional you have access to is either a retail upgrade or full version, you can use the product key and Anytime Upgrade to move from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. Click Start, type Anytime Upgrade, follow the onscreen wizard, enter the Windows 7 Professional key when requested, click and restart your computer when prompted. Within 10 mins, you should be upgraded to Windows 7 Professional and your files and settings preserved.
Please note, if the product key is distributed under Volume Licensing, MSDN-Academic Alliance or OEM System Builder, it will not work.

Source: How to upgrade from Windows 7 Home to Professional? - Microsoft Community

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-7-a/127590-upgrade-home-premium-professional.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Has anyone upgraded their netbook from Win 7 starter to Home Premium? I am considering to purchase the anytime upgrade to enable the higher features.

-Can you revert back if you are unhappy?
-Have you noticed performance issues?

Thanks
-Drew

A:Netbook upgrade to Home Premium??

you may want to read this thread Upgrade win7starter>home premium on new netbook w/msdn? it should answer your question

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/80078-netbook-upgrade-home-premium.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hello to all, i recently had to take my dell dimension c521 back to factory set, using repair my computer on the f8 key advanced boot options (basic installed). everything loaded well and running basic no probs!!however i have an upgrade disk for home premium when i install it, it has disabled option to keep original settings and files and performs to install home premium and moves my old settings to (windows old folder).when i first got disk it just upgraded to home premium with settings and files no problem.have i done something wrong at factory set or is there a way to upgrade keeping my settings. any help much appreciated

cheers

tam

A:upgrade from basic to home premium

an update to my problem!!!i have discovered it has disabled upgrade option because vista service pack 1 is not installed.however i have done all windows updates (up to date ) and cannot see service pack 1 anyone any clues as where to download this or a link to download .i have microsoft.net framework 3.5 sp1 in updates is this the update or am i looking for something .

cheers

tam

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/258320-upgrade-basic-home-premium.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I checked the search, but no results. I am building a PC from scratch. I bought Vista Home Pemium, but did not know it was 32 bit. I want to utilize 64 bit, so I bought the 64 bit DVD from MS. Do I install 32 bit first, and then the 64 bit DVD? DO I just install the 64 bit DVD as a clean install? IS that even possible?

Specs:
Gigabyte GA EP45 USD3
Intel Core 2 Quad 9550

CPU is a 64 bit processor. The hard drive is brand new.

A:Vista 32 to 64 Home Premium Upgrade

Just install the x64 like normal. Nothing special is needed. You are all set to go.

Just make sure you have at least 3 gigs of RAM to run x64 properly.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/238346-vista-32-64-home-premium-upgrade.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,

I the tech person for a university. We purchased the following Laptops with the following specs. Both are brand new.

Dell Inspiron 1545
Windows 7 Home Premium
Processor Pentium Dual Core T4400 2.20 Ghz
4GB RAM
x64-based PC
266 BG Storage

Here is a link on the Dell website to all of the specs.

Dell System Information / Dell Warranty Extensions & Upgrades / Dell Warranty Status

In case it prompts for the Service Tag = 31563K1

The university has a site lic for Windows 7 Enterprise (both 32 bit and 64 bit). Can I upgrade the operating system or do I have to reformat?

Thanks.

Ken

A:Upgrade Home Premium to Enterprise

Windows 7 Upgrade Paths - FAQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/93478-upgrade-home-premium-enterprise.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Greetings I have a Lenovo N laptop with Vista Home Premium pre-installed The Windows Update no longer will update itself which prevents any further updates to Vista I spent much time online and in emailing back amp forth with MS who promised to send me a Vista disk It never arrived even after I emailed about it and frankly I m about through with Vista My goal is to install Win RC and use it until the full version is released then buy it But After running the Windows Upgrade Advisor http www to Upgrade 7 Win Home from Vista Premium microsoft com windows windows- upgrade-advisor aspx it says I cannot install Win RC over Vista Home Premium until I have Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Win 7 installed at least the SP I can t do that because the Windows Update has be updated first Hello Catch- So my question is other than restoring this laptop to its factory state which will wipe out all my apps and customizations can anyone think of a way to upgrade this to Win RC If it helps Lenovo included a Windows Anytime Upgrade disk with the system but paying for an upgrade to Vista Ultimate just so I can immediately dump it in favor of a time-limited Win RC seems foolish Any help is much appreciated

A:Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to Win 7

I tried the Upgrade route from Vista64 to W7 64 bit and it didn't work out very well. My start menu was blank and a bunch of other stuff was hosed. So the reason for doing it, not having to reinstall stuff, didn't work out.

One thing I found is if you have a lot of portable applications or apps that just use an .ini file in the install folder instead of the registry, and you don't put them under Program Files, most of them will still be there if you do a "custom install" of W7.

It takes longer than a clean wipe and install, but then you have to set up all your programs again. I have a lot of small self-contained apps under the Utils folder.. so it worked out fairly well for me.

What happens is it gathers up all the system files and programs and moves them to a folder called Windows.old. Then it installs W7 and the default games and crap. To use my programs under Utils all I had to do was make a shortcut.

Any way you try it, I recommend getting an image backup program and making an image of your current system. As in the case where the W7 upgrade didn't work, in less than 2 hours I copied my Vista image back on from an external USB drive.

The program install business is like the biggest hassle that should be addressed. But I doubt anyone will tackle it anytime soon.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/230345/upgrade-from-vista-home-premium-to-win-7/
Relevancy 66.22%

I bought two licenses for Windows Professional Upgrade when the Pre-Release special offer was in place One I used on With Valid Upgrade Win Key Premium Not Home 7 my laptop and the other has never been Win 7 Upgrade Key Not Valid With Home Premium opened My laptop died and I bought a new one with Windows Home Premium installed I want to use my upgrade disk but MS Canada Support told me that the upgrade key on my disk is NOT able to upgrade from Home Premium - only Vista She told me I had to buy ANOTHER upgrade to be able to use it with Home Premium This is even though the disk and the box say they include Anytime Upgrade It is the key that is wrong MS Chat support says the key is valid for a clean install or an upgrade from Vista - not from Home Premium They want me to buy a third license for to upgrade my new laptop How can this be Both the DVD and the case say the disk includes Anytime Upgrade and I fully expected - planned - on upgrading new computers as I got them Anybody know the best way to get MS to fix this As it is I feel ripped off - and out my plus tax Sheesh

A:Win 7 Upgrade Key Not Valid With Home Premium

Welcome to Seven Forums!

A clean install isn't viable for you?

Quote:
MS Chat support says the key is valid for a clean install or...

How to Do a Clean Install with a Upgrade Windows 7 Version

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/224482-win-7-upgrade-key-not-valid-home-premium.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have Best Premium Pro? upgrade Home way to to computers 7 from become confused reading the various licensing situations so forgive me for posting what may have been asked before I volunteer at a local senior center Best way to upgrade 7 computers from Home Premium to Pro? where we have computers running Windows Home Premium of them have identical hardware These all have validly purchased licenses For various reasons we want to upgrade to Professional to use the security policies etc I thought we could purchase the Anytime Upgrade license for each one and then just perform the upgrade on one of them Then when finished we could make an image and install that image on the other identical machines and change the product key to the Anytime Upgrade key we buy for them But upon reading the various tutorials here I think the Upgrade license will only be accepted when we actually do the upgrade so it probably won't work to change it on an image Can someone help clarify this and what the best way to do this might be

A:Best way to upgrade 7 computers from Home Premium to Pro?

I think you will probably have to do each one. A few years since I did mine but I memory serves it only takes a few minutes as the new key only allows the extra system options to be added to the existing OS.
Art.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342739-best-way-upgrade-7-computers-home-premium-pro.html
Relevancy 66.22%

About six months back I bought a laptop from Toshiba that came Premium RC upgrade the Win7 Home over with Vista on it The tech guy who was helping me get all set up said that as long as Win7 Home Premium upgrade over the RC I was making the learning curve from XP I really should go right to Win Win7 Home Premium upgrade over the RC Rick said he had a beta version and we could make the full switch to the full release when the free upgrade came out Sounded fine to me Well he disappeared to Colorado somewhere not long afterward never finishing a number of parts of the job and being completely unfindable But at least I had a nice PC to use for some things until this week when a warning came up saying the Windows Ultimate build had days left til it would expire Rick added a bunch of customizing to the laptop and I've done a bunch more in all this time it would be just HORRIBLE to lose it all if I had to reinstall everything on my laptop because of a new operating system installation What's more since the computer came with Vista on it already I'm not sure how I'd go about reinstalling Vista even if I had to Which I sure don't want to do So Is there a way to make the leap from Windows Ultimate build to any version of Win to resolve this problem without starting from scratch Ideally with a free upgrade or if absolutely necessary by buying something to do so Seems it should be free since I paid for the laptop with Vista on it If Rick's choice to put me on Windows Ultimate build was a big mistake how can I move forward from here when I didn't receive a Vista disk from Toshiba I do have one that Rick left behind that says Vista Enterprise on it but I'm not sure he pulled it off my system Please keep in mind in your response that I'm okay around a computer but NOT a tech guru Thanks

A:Win7 Home Premium upgrade over the RC

You do not have any disk(s) that came with you laptop??

Check to see at least if you have the recovery partition from Toshiba.. To do that you should have two drives.. C and D in the Hard drive area.Where D is usually named Recovery..

If you don't have a recovery partition, You will have to re-install Windows Vista..Do you have a key for the Vista Enterprise?? if you don't have the key for Vista it will only be active of 30 days..OR You can Buy Windows 7, But I am not sure if you can upgrade from RC to RTM (I think you can but it is not supported by Microsoft) I believe starting March 1st all Windows 7 RC versions will start shutting down every 2 hours Then eventually expire on June 1st 2010..

Hope this Helps...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/64518-win7-home-premium-upgrade-over-rc.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Is it possible to obtain a 64 bit installation disk for my OEM version of Vista Home Premium that came with my PC? The microsoft page doesn't make it very clear, has anyone done this before? Or is the only way to do this is to buy a full version of Ultimate?

A:Upgrade from 32bit Home Premium OEM to 64 bit?

Hello,

Call Microsoft and they should send you the installation DVD for the cost of the shipping.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/265624-upgrade-32bit-home-premium-oem-64-bit.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, Can anyone advice?

I currently have Vista Home Premium and have bought Windows 7 Professional.. only to find that I will lose all of my files if and when I upgrade. I have emailed Microsoft and am waiting for a reply... I have made a backup from Vista on to an external hard drive... but would still have to install all progarms etc... is there any version of Windows 7 that I could upgrade to that would retain all of my files?
I have ahad a rpoblem with Vista for months in that it will not install updates...

Any suggestions greatly received...

A:Upgrade from Vista Home Premium to 7

Welcome!

Have you considered using the Easy Transfer tool?

Windows Easy Transfer - Transfer To & From Computers

You can also fool Windows 7 into thinking you are upgrading from Vista Professional.

Open regedit, and navigate to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version.

Change Edition ID to Professional, and Product Name to Windows Vista Professional.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/73013-upgrade-vista-home-premium-7-a.html