Windows Support Forum

Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

Q: Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

Last night since I was having slow/non-existent connection issues, I turned off the NAT option on my Belkin wireless G router. Immediately afterwards I lost internet connection as I expected but now can't connect to the config page @ 192.168.2.1 . I tried running the setup software again and it can't communicate with the router, either. Tried hitting the reset button several times, disconnecting the router, etc. but the config page still won't load. Is there anyway to manually revert the router back to factory settings?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't connect to admin page on Belkin Router

So this is with the pc connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable?
Go to My Network Places, and on the left theres a thing that says "show all UPnP devices" or similar. Click on it, then go to your LAN settings and set your IP address to auto, or 192.168.2.3 vice versa. Plug in/turn your router back on and it should come up as a network place. From that doubleclick it and enter admin etc..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-admin-page-on-belkin-router.55043/
Relevancy 88.15%

For about a month or two now I ve not been able to connect to my router s admin page I am using a D-Link DSL- router Whenever I go to connect to in my Web Browser it just sits there trying connect to (timeout) page admin Can't Solved: router's to connect and does nothing But eventually after some minutes I get the error This web page is not available The web page at http might be temporarily down or Solved: Can't connect to router's admin page (timeout) it may have Solved: Can't connect to router's admin page (timeout) moved permanently to a new web address Error net ERR CONNECTION RESET Unknown error Here is a screenshot I tried pressing the reset button on the back of my router but it would just sit there with the green power LED and another green LED just flashing constantly I assume this is the ethernet cable LED and this happens for more than minutes All I want to do is just port forward my game servers again without the use of Hamachi or other programs L Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Can't connect to router's admin page (timeout)

What browser, and have you tried another one?

Are you trying to do a simple reset (restart) or a reset to factory default settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-connect-to-routers-admin-page-timeout.983374/
Relevancy 80.41%

Before I go into any further details I m going to describe the to Can't AP Belkin get admin page current setup Connected via ADSL I have a BT HomeHub This is the networks DHCP Can't get to Belkin AP admin page server with both wired and wireless connections It came with static IP addresses masks of assuming that s for WAN this is for the telephone handsets Can't get to Belkin AP admin page it also manages for the LAN WLAN connections It serves two pools of DHCP addresses - handsets - LAN WLAN Wireless encrytion in use is Can't get to Belkin AP admin page WPA A laptop server and Wii console all connect to this via WLAN with the router being configured to use specific addresses for each device These all work perfectly Unfortunately the Nintendo DS Lite handheld is not compatible with WPA based encrytion So after mulling over spening money on the PC connector to let it hop on the connection I decided to add a WEP access point to the network instead as I already had the hardware lying around When I m not using the DS online I can just switch off this extra AP without disrupting the rest of the network This AP is a quot Belkin Wireless G Access Point F D quot It is configured with a static IP address of and is connectd directly to the HomeHub via cable The HomeHub recognises its presence and static addressing Everything works The Homehub recognises the DS as being connected through the cable as the wireless AP is and it can get online easy I just can t administrate the Belkin AP from the laptop or server The first page will load correctly but after that it will refuse to show with Firefox citing reasons such as quot Connection reset quot or quot Failed to connect though the site seems valid quot The device always responds to pings and has the most recent firmware installed Connecting the AP directly to a computer with the cable shows no problems Hell of a description for such a small problem but I thought it would be better to list it all Here s an image of the setup Cheers DFF nbsp

A:Can't get to Belkin AP admin page

Did you try IE to connect to the AP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-to-belkin-ap-admin-page.789648/
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi friends ...

I hav bsnl broadband connection in my home.... I connected a tplink wired for browsing...

I also have a belkin wireless router..... I connected those routers.... And only wired communication is possible
and i cant access in wireless connection... Pls help me

i m sttuggling....

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi Vonage experts A long time ago someone helped set up my computer network and now I need to do something but I don t know how I know the + Vonage page? wireless admin How access the router. router's to Using solution must be extremely simple but I just don t know what to do Basically I have Using Vonage + wireless router. How to access the router's admin page? - a computer - a Vonage modem - an SMC wireless router - a cable Internet modem As I m writing I keep going back and forth to look at the set up to make sure that I m writing a really accurate description The way the system is set up is An ethernet cable connects the cable modem to the Internet port of the Vonage modem An ethernet cable connects the LAN port of the Vonage modem to the quot LAN quot port of the SMC wireless router An ethernet cable connects the quot LAN quot port of the SMC wireless router to my computer A phone cord connects the Phone port of the Vonage modem to my telephone Note nothing goes to the WAN port of the SMC wireless router Note the Vonage modem is set to DHCP Note the LAN configuration of my computer says quot Obtain an IP address automatically quot and also quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I know how to access the Vonage configuration page which is by going to on my web browser But that s not what I need What I need help with is now I need to access the SMC wireless router s configuration page but I am stuck because a I don t know which IP address I should type in order to access the SMC configuration page Is there a precise way to know what it is b I m not sure whether or not I have to somehow temporarily modify the set up of the cables among those devices If not great but if yes what do I do exactly Thanks nbsp

A:Using Vonage + wireless router. How to access the router's admin page?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-vonage-wireless-router-how-to-access-the-routers-admin-page.910176/
Relevancy 73.1%

O K i have tried a ton of things to no avail including looking for answers everytwhere My emachines tower with Windows XP worked jsut fine for router can't Belkin connect to years wirelessly with a blekin G wireless adapter and a Belkin router then I ran anti virus AVG to be exact and now it wont connect to the router neither wirelessly or through a LAN line either through Windows wireless connection or the Belkin software the Belkin software can t even find ANY networks in the area Windows finds them and says it is connected but wont connect to anything i get can not connect error on webpage i have gotten rid of the connection and manulayy reconnected and reset router and modem and everything the Belkin software which can't connect to Belkin router i have used for years wont even allow me to change any sttings furthermore its router test is coming back failed on every subject here s the kicker my brothers laptop which i am using now is just fine and connects and gets internet and everything can't connect to Belkin router so i have ruled out the router and modem can't connect to Belkin router also after running anti virus i can not do a system restore will not let me i have taken off the drivers and software times by now no exageration and reinstalled both from CD and from site drivers can someone please lead me to the next astep my though is that mayeb the antivirus changed an internet settign somewhere that is messing things up but i checked and i believe all si good but my knowledge on networks is not the best so there may be something im missing i even entered the correct network key in windows and it sends and receives only packets so hardware seems to be fine plus LAN line also gives same results Belkin software doesnt even show any networks in area but while booting the wireless adapter goes nuts trying to connect to something thanks for any help i will check back later wen i borrow my brothers computer again for answers nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A25 laptop which is about 3 years old - it connects wirelessly to a SMC Router (7004 VWBR) - I recently added a Belkin router (Belkin N1 router) - my laptop shows that router, however is unable to connect to it (even though I chose the 802.11 b option on the router, considering the fact that my Satellite may not be able to communicate with this router.

The Belkin router does connect well with my Sony VAIO laptop. Can you please help me and let me know if I need to change any option on my Toshiba laptop or the Belkin router.

Relevancy 72.67%

i am using ADSL internet at my home.

Modem: Huawei SmartAX MT882a
Wireless Router: Belkin Basic Wireless Router N150

my problem is i can connect internet by dialing dialer with my username and password but can't connect wireless router?
how can i connect? my internet is dynamic.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-with-belkin-wireless-router.1035505/
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently purchased a Belkin Double N Wireless Router F D au Router I have a HP netbook running Windows XP Pro which can connect to the router both wirelessly Cannot Connect Directly to Belkin Router PC or via cable connection I also have a desktop PC running Windows Bit Ultimate with Cannot Directly Connect PC to Belkin Router a Marvel Cannot Directly Connect PC to Belkin Router Yukon E Gigabit Ethernet connection I have been unable to get the desktop PC to communicate reliably with the Belkin Router if i connect directly i e connect ethernet cable from PC directly to Router however i have found that if i connect the PC to a hub and then connect the hub to the router the connection is fast and stable When i connect directly the computer will hang and run very slowly Looking at the task manager when this occurs I can find no process that is consuming any large quantity of processor time While the hub solution works it is not elegant and i would much prefer to connect directly I have updated the PC s ethernet driver to the latest version without any success I have spoken to Belkin s tech support who say it is a computer issue and their router is working fine Does anyone have any ideas how to proceed nbsp

A:Cannot Directly Connect PC to Belkin Router

Sounds like the adapter could be having trouble auto-syncing a speed with the router. Try a different cable (remember that gigabit uses all 8 wires while 100 Mbps uses only 4).

Second, try different router LAN ports.

Third, in Device Manager right click the ethernet - Properties - Advanced - try setting the "Speed & Duplex" property to 1000 Mbps full duplex and 100 Mbps full duplex.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-directly-connect-pc-to-belkin-router.920364/
Relevancy 72.67%

Here s the story My belkin G was working few years now Just 192.168.2.1 can't Belkin working! connect, 54G not Router hours ago I try to connect my iphone GS with belkin wifi I go to the on my laptop - wifi MAC address filtering and enable it After insert my iphone gs ip address i press OK Belkin 54G Router can't connect, 192.168.2.1 not working! Here s the nightmare begin after minutes My internet connection is not working both on my laptop wifi working but not internet and the PC facing problem on internet connection i try login again hoping can restore it but it fail to load the page Anyone have any idea how to restore it Below is the screenshot of what I did my ipconfig show new IP address i try using this Belkin 54G Router can't connect, 192.168.2.1 not working! address to access but fail to load ping but unreachable detail of my network connection details set my TCP IP properties ipconfig manage to change it and ping working now to my disappointment still not working can t enter it s web interface nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

I'm having trouble connecting to my Belkin router wirelessly (Wired works fine). I try to get to the IP address (192.168.0.2 and every other version of that) but it does not connect. On the router only Security, Wired, and Router are lit up; Wireless, Modem, and Internet are dark. I have reached the end of my limited computer capabilities trying to fix this problem myself. The Belkin website is a joke and offers no help.
PLEASE help!

A:Can't connect to Belkin router wirelessly.

On the router only Security, Wired, and Router are lit up; Wireless, Modem, and Internet are dark.Click to expand...

Using an ethernet connection login to the router and see what the Wireless Mode is. If it is 'off' or 'none' or similar turn it on. If it's already turned on then the radio must be dead.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-belkin-router-wirelessly.1065588/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I have a Belkin N wireless router and I am having problems connecting online wirelessly I originally phoned Belkin s support team because I couldn t get the Internet icon to stop flashing However the person I was talking via connect Belkin wirelessly N1 Cannot router to had me change a few settings and now I cannot connect online wirelessly at all I can connect via a networking cable though I ve spent the last hours on the phone but I kept getting passed from one idiot to another who all have very limited knowledge to begin with I think phoning them will have cost me as much as the router cost me itself I tried phoning the Belkin headquarters but they seem Cannot connect wirelessly via Belkin N1 router to be away for their holidays If I search for the available networks that I can connect to wirelessly I can find several routers but not my own I have tried resetting my network through the Belkin router set-up webpage as well as by the reset button on the actual router I just cannot get the wireless icon to activate on the router If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it nbsp

A:Cannot connect wirelessly via Belkin N1 router

What's the exact model of the Belkin router from the label on the bottom?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-wirelessly-via-belkin-n1-router.817490/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a Dell Inspiron, Windows 7 laptop, that's about all I know about it. A couple months ago I got a Belkin Surf N300 router, when I first got it I had it set up through Hughes Net and everything worked fine, I had good connecting everywhere I went with my laptop. Now, I no longer have the Hughes Net and I hooked up through a Broadband thing, our desktop computer is connect to it and works perfectly fine, when I go to try and connect to it on my laptop it WILL NOT work, it just says its unable to connect to it. I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and some stuff I didn't even know you could change, all I want is to use my laptop
Will some PLEASE help me.

Relevancy 72.67%

I currently have a Belkin G g Wireless Router and it works great no problems connecting with cables Wireless is a different matter My network is secured with bit WEP and I have connected both my Nintendo DS and Wii to it by simply entering Belkin Cannot router connect wireless to the SSID when attempting to connect to them But I cannot get any notebooks to connect I am using a Dell Latitude D and there is no problems connecting to wireless networks as I work Cannot connect to Belkin router wireless as an IT technitian for schools in my area and it always connects to their wireless networks fine Firstly the main tool I use to connect to wireless networks is the Intel Wireless tool and when I try to connect to my network with that it asks for a ID that is printed on my router It accepts the code listed as the routers PIN on the sticker underneath but it won t connect I ve tried using the windows tools to try and connect but when I do I get a message saying that I need a certificate on the laptop so that the router can verify the laptops identity When I try to connect to other wireless networks in the area it just brings up a window asking for the password and that s basically what I want my network to do nbsp

A:Cannot connect to Belkin router wireless

Does your router have something like a "Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS)" configuration page in the Wireless section? If so, check there and see if there is something you want to change.

You're not using WPA because a game machine doesn't support it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-belkin-router-wireless.750490/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello all I m having a problem with my Belkin N Wireless Router model F D - I cannot seem to access the internal router s web-based settings and or log-in page and I m looking to see what I can do to get to N1 access Belkin Router page. Cannot Wireless setup these settings My router Cannot access Belkin N1 Wireless Router setup page. s default gateway IP address is and every time I open up a browser to type this in I come to this page There s absolutely nothing relevant on this page I m running Windows Vista and two of my other networked machines run Windows XP and neither machine could access the setup page via the IP address as well Our wireless broadband internet connection is working just fine - I just can t access the router settings Setting up our wireless security port forwarding etc is impossible without getting to this page I have the latest version of Java and Flash installed and my computer is as updated as it can be Any suggestions on what to do would be greatly appreciated - thanks nbsp

A:Cannot access Belkin N1 Wireless Router setup page.

According to my manual, your IP Gateway is 192.168.1.1., not 192.168.2.1

Try entering that into the web location in the address bar.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-belkin-n1-wireless-router-setup-page.85954/
Relevancy 71.81%

I am unable to connect to the internet through my belkin wireless router We recently switched from ATT to Comcast in our house so we needed a new router since wire won t work with the Comcast Router Belkin to Cannot Solved: internet through Connect modem So we installed the router - no problems Its been working great for about weeks now but Solved: Cannot Connect to internet through Belkin Router yesterday when I tried to get on it said the router had quot no internet access quot and I haven t been Solved: Cannot Connect to internet through Belkin Router able to get it to work since I have restarted the router the modem and my computer several times and reset the router to factory settings to no avail I thought it might be a problem with comcast maybe the storms knocked something out but the modem is working fine TV and phones still work and all of the lights on the modem box power DS US Online ect are still on I called comcast and they said they have registered no issues in the area Right now I m connected to the internet through the modem I have absolutely no idea what the issue is I ve tried everything I can think of so I m hoping somebody can help me out Hopefully I don t need to buy a new router Here s everything I can think of that might help solve this -Router Belkin N db Wireless N Router Model F K V -Serial GG -Purchase date Ipconfig Windows IP Configuration Host Name BenMatthews-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin hsd ca comcast net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual Solved: Cannot Connect to internet through Belkin Router WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - -D - - -BD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Intel R WiFi Link AGN Physical Address - -D - - -BC DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Friday March AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EF-EB-F - - -B - F-A - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet Physical Address - -B - F-A - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe cb d e b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday January PM Lease Expires Friday January PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -EF-EB-F - - -B - F-A - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap hsd ca comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Connection-specific DNS Suffix hsd ca comcast net Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address a a Preferred Default Gateway c c DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ada e f b Prefe rred Link-local IPv Address fe ada e f b Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap Belkin Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes additional notes Router light is solid orange when plugged in and connected to modem Light is flashing orange when plugged in but not connected to modem Upo... Read more

Relevancy 71.81%

hi i wanted to use my laptop downstairs so i disconnected the cat5, set up the wireless network and was using the internet on wireless .
when i went to the basement i found that my roku(netflix device) was no longer connected to my wirelessnetwork because of a password.
so i went back to my laptop and tried to find the password and messed something up . the wireless network was defined as unidentified, so i deleted it and right now i am connected via cat 5 with my laptop being unable to connect to my wireless wich is 1 foot away help pls.
sorry if this has been posted before and answered i tried a couple fix's but no avail

Relevancy 71.81%

I am only and this is my first time to deal with routers I was just given a Belkin router specs posted at the end i know for a fact it works because i used it on this very laptop for days before bringing Belkin Router Wireless connect won't internet? N to it home However when i plugged it in the first two lights wired router light up blue within seconds but the Wireless N Belkin Router won't connect to internet? third light Wireless N Belkin Router won't connect to internet? for the modem has been blinking orange for about hours the desktop that it is wired to says that there is an internet connection but i cannot seem to get access to any website other than the router setup and my laptop will connect to it but it wont access internet either i really have no idea i reset my modem at one point and while the modem was booting up the modem light on the router turned blue and the internet Wireless N Belkin Router won't connect to internet? light began to flash this lasted about seconds long enough to get my hopes up but then just went back to a flashing modem LED when the modem finished resetting crushing my hopes one last thing i feel i should tell you on the router setup page at the top it says Home Help Logout Internet Status No Connection i am at my wits ends with the thing the previous owner has no clue and i am at a loss please help me out Specs from under the router copied word for word N Wireless router Model No F D - ver i ve been through countless forums and emailed belkin i dont even know how many times please someone help me nbsp

A:Wireless N Belkin Router won't connect to internet?

Have you entered the right details from your isp into the router ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-belkin-router-wont-connect-to-internet.941540/
Relevancy 71.81%

im having problems with my new laptop. it wont connect to my belkin 45g router and the LAN dosent work as well. i have just go a acer aspire 5920 and i think it is because the router isnt compatable with vista. could that be the reason? im having similar problems with my macbook pro which is running on leopard the LAN works but the wireless dosent. any help will be appreciated.

A:my comp wont connect to a belkin router!

I have the same model and have a Belkin 54g router and it works fine.

so its not a compatibility issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-comp-wont-connect-to-a-belkin-router-293067.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all

I have two PC's using a Belkin G+ Mimo router to share my internet connection. Is there anyway that I can share onformation on my two PC's with each other?

Thanks
Owen

A:Connect to other computers using same Belkin G+ Mimo router

Yes, using the home networking settings in My Computer->My Network Places->Network Tasks-> Setting up a home or office network. There is also a good tutuorial there, and additional information at www.microsoft.com.
Take your time. It appears to be more confusing and more work than it really is. You can connect up to three with little difficulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-to-other-computers-using-same-belkin-g-mimo-router.75168/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have a Belkin wireless router that fails to connect to the internet which is the final step in the installation process All the connections are correct It will try to connect to connect to internet can't wireless router Belkin the internet up to ten times but still there is no connection I called Belkin Tech Support and they talked me through several steps so finally they told me Belkin wireless router can't connect to internet to Belkin wireless router can't connect to internet send the router back and they would send another one I received that one but Belkin wireless router can't connect to internet had the same problem They told me to send that one back and they would send another one I did that but the same problem They told me to send that one back and they would send another one still the same problem I plan to keep this one because the cost for shipping them back is expensive Each time they said they would send an upgrade I even tried installing it on my wife s laptop but still the same problem I called my internet service provider and they told me several things to try which didn t work The dsl modem works fine when I connect directly to my computer I typed cmd in the Run block and at the black screen I typed ipconfig which showed the IP address I tried typing in the IP address and also tried clicking on Obtain an IP address automatically Any help would be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

How do I get my verizon usb mobile modem to work with my wireless router? My router is a Belkin N150. Thanks in advance

A:Verizon USB Modem to Connect to Belkin Router

Moving your thread to the networking forum, and I have edited the title for better results.
Go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Device Manager, under Network Adapters, is your Verizon Modem listed? or does it have a Yellow flag next to it? If the later, then you need to install the driver for it. If there are no flags and it is listed. Are you using the Verizon software to manage the wireless connection or the Windows software? Either way, you should have a Wireless icon in your system tray by the clock. Here you double click it to Show Available Wireless Networks. Does your Belkin Router show up? Can you try and connect to it? Do you have a wireless passphrase you need to type in?
Download the Wifi Inspector to test your wireless adapter and your routers signal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/verizon-usb-modem-to-connect-to-belkin-router-640597.html
Relevancy 71.81%

We have quite the set up here..
Three computers and a HP 5SI printer connected to a pro curve switch box. We use Synergy so that we can use one mouse and keyboard with all three computers. I just installed a Belkin N+ router, so that I can use my laptop thru the wifi. Had problems getting the computers to connect to the internet, finally got that to work, then it took three hours to get Synergy to work again. Now the computer can not "see" the printer. We just put Win 7 on the main computer and I had the printer working before I installed the router. I even tried taking it off the switch box and hooking it directly to the router and the router don't see it either. I am just lost for a solution.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jamie

A:Solved: Belkin N+ router will not connect to HP 5SI printer

Well after a little more looking it finally hit me the IP address on the printer was not within the range that the router required and I couldnt change that so I found out how to change the IP address manually on the printer... and how it works... YAY!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-n-router-will-not-connect-to-hp-5si-printer.925775/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi hope somebody can help I just had to install a new hard drive in my Advent QC laptop and do a full destructive recovery to re-install windows vista Before I had problems with my Cant to Solved: Router connect Belkin Wireless laptop I had a connection to my Belkin wireless router modem which worked fine I presumed as I had fitted a new hard drive I would have to set up the connection with the wireless router again So I went through the procees of connecting my laptop Solved: Cant connect to Belkin Wireless Router directly to the router moden via ethernet cable and ran the installation cd that came with the router All went fine and the wizard automatically filled in all the IP info etc and the box came up saying connected At this point I did have an internet connection The problem I have now is as soon as I disconnect the ethernet cable I loose the connection I have tried find a network connection on the lap top but it does not find the Belkin router I know I had this problem when I first set the router up a couple of years ago but I can t remember what I did to sort it out Any help would be appreciated Stu nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I through Router Internet to Cannot laptop connect Belkin N+ m having problems getting my laptop to connect to my router I am able to connect through a wired connection to another desktop computer but I cannot get a connection on my laptop wireless or wired I am able to connect my laptop to the modem directly When I try connecting my laptop to my router most of the time I see quot Unidentified Network quot and quot Cannot connect laptop to Internet through Belkin N+ Router Access Local Only quot After typing in command prompt the command ipconfig I m given Autoconfig Subnet I m not sure what to do I ve have tried restarting my router even as far as resteting Cannot connect laptop to Internet through Belkin N+ Router to factory settings and still i recieve the same message I have a feeling it isn t a router problem as it is my laptop s problem I recently had a computer friend reinstall my network driver because I wasn t able to connect my laptop to any thing Before Cannot connect laptop to Internet through Belkin N+ Router the reinstallment of the driver I was able to connect to the router wirelessly but now I can t even do that I could really use some help I need to get my WoW fix soon nbsp

Relevancy 71.81%

belkin router unable to connect to certain web sites by hard wire,
but can access through the wireless side with the same computer with windows 7 and firefox or internet explorer. Any ideas.....

A:belkin router unable to connect to certain web sites

Access the router and check for web site restrictions for specific sites. Some router models have the feature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-unable-to-connect-to-certain-web-sites.1009774/
Relevancy 71.81%

I have looked at tons of forums where they have not been able to access http Most of them have been solved but to http://192.168.0.1/ connect Belkin Solved: Router/Cannot following what they did hasn t worked for me My mother was on http and she set up some sort of security on our router which is Belkin by the way Belkin N Wireless CAD Since she changed it we haven t been able to connect to the internet through our router When we try to connect this is what shows up By the way I m only fourteen so I am QUITE confused by even the things I m trying to do But I m the only one in this household who knows anything about computers I tried Start - gt Run - gt CMD and typing in ipconfig all I was looking at another forum where someone posted what they got back My Solved: Belkin Router/Cannot connect to http://192.168.0.1/ results looked nothing like that I cannot even tell what my IP adress is through that sequence of events Right now I m on here because I am manually connected to the router through a wire That s the only way that I can connect I m not sure what to do So if you can help me well Please do This is what comes up when I type in ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Annamarie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Annamarie-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain invalid Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - D-D - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Broadcom x Integrated Controlle r Physical Address - C- -AC- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c bb c aa e Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday May PM Lease Expires Saturday June AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - E-AE-C - D- - C- -AC- - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e ac b f fc Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe ac b f fc Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap Belkin Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Belkin Router/Cannot connect to http://192.168.0.1/

Welcome to TSG
First thing I would do is reset the router to it's default configuration.Usually holding the reset button down for at least 15-30 seconds.
This will reset all settings,including the userid/password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-router-cannot-connect-to-http-192-168-0-1.824624/
Relevancy 71.81%

hi there i bought a beklin wireless g router a couple of weeks ago and my ipod touch is not picking it up and when i put the network name and wpa password in its saying can not find server can any one help befor i forget heres the ipconfig:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : college.cardonald.ac
Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1c62:48a7:a549
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1
Tunnel adapter isatap.Belkin:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:73bc:1c4
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1c4e:1500:a3e8
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 13:
Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 14:
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin

thanks if someone helps me!!!

Dean

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all Ok here is my problem Moved into a new place set up a connection Server provider gives only one mac address they set it on my router They say that it should be working make a restart and that s it I did that but still no connection Moreover I cannot connect through the router at all and therefore cannot access router admin page to configure it either Now what to do Password for the router is correct Even when I take down all the security still I cannot connect To be more specific at first I could enter the router admin page but since I didn t know how to configure it properly I router through router admin page access Cant and made some mistake I think I choose setting quot configure wireless network quot and changed something there After that I cannot access the admin page or connect through the router At least Cant access through router and router admin page I asked the provider to set the mac back to the computer therefore I can write this letter but I need wireless router to work Please let me know what can I do appreciate your help Btw Router model is D-Link Dir- I also tried Cmd gt ipconfig it says no connection But why Regards Srivas nbsp

A:Cant access through router and router admin page

Ok, one guy helped me to make a restart to the router and set it up from the beginning, now it's ok!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-through-router-and-router-admin-page.1059483/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello
I've just purchased an iPod Touch. Everything was working just fine, even Wi-Fi. But that was only the first time I tried. The 2nd time I tried accessing Internet via my iPod it didn't work anymore.. I tried everything and it still doesn't work.. The iPod says the connection is good but the Internet just doesn't work when I try to open it. It says it couldn't make connection with the server.
I hope someone knows what's going on and is prepared to help me.
Thank you!
ZoŽ

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-connect-to-ipod-touch-anymore-through-belkin-router.815997/
Relevancy 70.95%

Please help!
I am trying to connect my new laptop to a belkin router (54g) but it wont let me (i have already been able to connect to my other laptop). The laptop i am trying to connect i to is an ASUS and runs on xrandros or lixus Someone said i needed to get a code (not my encryption key i know that).

A:How do i connect a belkin wireless router to an asus laptop

Actually, the only "code" that I can think of is indeed your encryption key.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-connect-a-belkin-wireless-router-to-an-asus-laptop.869593/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi connect to Internet Modem/Router Belkin can't Wireless N1 there I have a Belkin N wireless Modem Router and can t get it to connect to the ADSL line in the house I am using Virgin net in the UK and I can connect fine with the USB Modem that they provided When I connect the router I get the Wired Modem Router lights on correctly and the ADSL light Belkin N1 Wireless Modem/Router can't connect to Internet flashes orange Indicating an issue with the ADSL line I have already replaced the Modem Router once so I am assuming that I didn t get two faulty ones Also I have tried to connect with two PC s directly wired to the Modem Router The router model number is F D - the firmware is up to date and I am using the following settings to connect Username Is correct as it works with the modem virgin supplied Password Is correct as it works with the modem virgin supplied PPPoA VCI VPI MTU I have two phone connections to the house both with microfilters on them the virgin modem works on both connections but the modem router on neither Here is a copy of my IPconfig all whilst connected with the Belkin Modem Router Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Alan Christie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ALANLAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Belkin Description Realtek RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - D- -B - E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- B- - - D C Documents and Settings Alan Christie gt Here is a copy of my IPconfig all whilst connected with the Virgin Modem Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Alan Christie gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name ALANLAPTOP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL Family Gigabit Ethernet NIC Physical Address - - D- -B - E Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Atheros Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - B- B- - - D PPP adapter Speedtouch Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description WAN PPP SLIP Interface Physical Address - - - - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers C Documents and Settings Alan Christie gt I am using windows XP without the latest updates At my previous house I used both of these PCs with cable internet could there be an issue with how my Ethernet port is set up Has anyone got any idea how I can fix it it is doing my head in Thanks in Advance nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

I have been unable to connect to apple since i installed Belkin router last week . I have uninstalled itunes and apple software ,and reinstalled itunes .Every time I try to connect Iam informed that i am not connected to the internet

A:Can't connect to Apple services after installing Belkin router

I assume it is only Apple that you are having trouble with. Try turning off your firewall and see if it will connect, if so you need to add the URL to the exeptions list in the firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-apple-services-after-installing-belkin-router.161193/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with a Intel(R) WiFi Link 5100 AGN Wireless NIC. It will only connect to my new wireless-N router (Belkin Vision ADSL) at 54mbps. The signal is strong and both the router and NIC are in wireless-N mode. No other devices are currently connected.

I'm stumped. Anyone got any ideas?

A:Wireless N NIC won't connect to Belkin Vision router at more than 54mbps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-n-nic-wont-connect-to-belkin-vision-router-at-more-than-54mbps.924024/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I recently bough a belkin router (Share N300) but it just wont connect to the internet.

My setup is as follows:
ADSL -> Modem -> Router -> PC

The internet works fine when I connect it directly to my PC (via the modem), and other PCs too.
So no issue of MAC address lockdown.

I've tried connecting through static mode with the data from ipconfig /all, but it still doesn't work.

I've even installed DD WRT and Tomato to no avail.

I've rebooted/reset everything, but theres still no connection.

Please help.
Thanks

A:Belkin Router N300 doesn't connect to internet

If the modem is a modem only did you power cycle it when trying to connect the router and configure the router's WAN properly?

If the modem is really a modem/router combo is it and the Belkin using the same LAN IP subnet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-n300-doesnt-connect-to-internet.1095112/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi ,

I am using windows 8 laptop. When i tried to log in to Beetel Router admin page(192.168.1.1), i was not able to log in. I used "admin" as username and " password" as the password. But the page is not getting loaded. Its asking for the username and password again. My friend is able to log in to the same page with the same credentials in his windows 7 laptop. So i guess its the problem of OS. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

A:Cant log in to Router admin page

I agree the defaults are 'admin' and 'password' another thought as I type this - check you do not have caps lock on. If caps lock not on then try a hard reset of the Router just in case something has screwed up. The operating system should not make any difference to logging on to the router.

again make sure admin and password are in lower case

Keith

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/26525-cant-log-router-admin-page.html
Relevancy 70.09%

For a while now my girlfriend has been having problems trying to connect to her school website (my.pitt.edu) with the belgin g wireless router. It used to work a few months ago, tried to fix it then gave up. The only way she can access the site and do her school work from home is it she directly connects from the modem to the pc, but that takes internet away from the other pc in the house.

I read a few sites months ago that it could be the school banned the routers IP, she called the school and they said it wasn't banned and that it might be a firewall issue. We tried disabling the firewall on the router and the pc but still nothing. I'm not sure what else to do, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Belkin G wireless router wont connect to school website

After waiting so long I just googled again and found a fix...change the mac address...wasnt sure what to change it to so I hit clone and everything works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-g-wireless-router-wont-connect-to-school-website.1023661/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Embarq 660 Series modem, but i wanted wifi. so i bought a belkin N300 wireless router this morning. And it won't connect to internet. I'm pretty sure i've plug the cable in the right spot. And the EQ 660R ADSL router/modem is working. The belkin package came with a CD, and it's the setup program for the wireless router. but as it tried to form a connection, it said failed to connect to the modem. so does this means embarq 660 series isn't compatible with Belkin N300?

A:Solved: why can't my eq 660R ADSL router connect to Belkin N300?

I vaguely recall that the Embarq modem/routers default to the same LAN IP addresses (192.168.2.x) as the Belkin routers do. If this is the case to daisy chain the routers you need to change the LAN addresses of one of them (e.g., to 192.168.3.x).

Or you could use the Belkin as just an ethernet switch and wireless access point ...

JohnWill's procedure (Aug. 30, 2008) for configuring a secondary router as a switch and, optionally, wireless access point follows.

Connecting two (or more) SOHO broadband routers together.

Note: The "primary" router can be an actual router, a software gateway like Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing, or a server connection that has the capability to supply more than one IP address using DHCP server capability. No changes are made to the primary "router" configuration.

Configure the IP address of the secondary router(s) to be in the same subnet as the primary router, but out of the range of the DHCP server in the primary router. For instance DHCP server addresses 192.168.0.2 through 192.168.0.100, I'd assign the secondary router 192.168.0.254 as it's IP address, 192.168.0.253 for another router, etc.

Note: Do this first, as you will have to reboot the computer to connect to the router again for the remaining changes.

Disable the DHCP server in the secondary router.

Setup the wireless section just the way you would if it was the primary router, channels, encryption, etc.

Connect from the primary router's LAN port to one of the LAN ports on the secondary router. If there is no uplink port and neither of the routers have auto-sensing ports, use a cross-over cable. [You will not need a cross-over cable if one of the "routers" is a computer.] Leave the WAN port unconnected!

This procedure bypasses the routing function (NAT layer) and configures the router as a switch (or wireless access point for wireless routers).

For reference, here's a link to a Typical example config using a Netgear router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-why-cant-my-eq-660r-adsl-router-connect-to-belkin-n300.1072938/
Relevancy 70.09%

Ok here s my story Ive had the same internet provider throughout all of this I bought a belkin n wireless n router about a year or so ago It came with a installation disk belkin n+ router internet n750 wireless to connect wont I remember when I first hooked belkin n750 wireless n+ router wont connect to internet it up I had a hard time getting it to connect to the web but it belkin n750 wireless n+ router wont connect to internet finally belkin n750 wireless n+ router wont connect to internet did for no apparent reason Its worked fine ever since up till the last couple days days ago I started getting lag spikes everything would be fine then I would get a huge lag spike for about seconds then it would be fine for minutes then another spike repeat ad nauseam It made gaming impossible and would cause me to be disconnected from Skype or anything else like that So I tried just plugging in straight from the modem to the PC and I had zero lag when I did that So I unplugged the router and hit the reset button Plugged router back in and it wont connect to the internet anymore Rebooted everything same problem Unplugged router more times then for absolutely no apparent reason it connected but I still had the lag spikes and disconnect issues So I went back to directly connecting the modem to the PC and connection had no lag again Now I cannot get the router to connect again Of course I have no clue where the instillation disk is anymore and I cant find anywhere to download the software that came on it I don t know why after months without a problem my router has started causing lag and now I cannot even get it to connect anymore Anyone with advice it would really be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:belkin n750 wireless n+ router wont connect to internet

This may help

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?rnId=6995

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n750-wireless-n-router-wont-connect-to-internet.1106280/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi there I ve recently bought two new laptops running Vista and am having trouble wirelessly connecting them to my wireless network on my Belkin g Router I can see the network I need to connect to and the signal is but when I try to connect it keeps saying disconnecting and something about WLAN Unfortunately i m not very technical I just about managed to follow the Router s inital set up Not sure whether you need to know but when the Router was first set up I set up two passwords a main password and a guest password Also not sure whether you need to know but the network will allow me to plug my LAN cable in and Solved: Laptops (running to Router Vista) Wireless Belkin Cannot connect 54g will let me connect no problem I have successfully connected my old PC to the desired network wirelessly with the use Solved: Cannot connect Laptops (running Vista) to Wireless Belkin 54g Router of the Belkin Wireless Adaptor I hope there is someone who can help me with my problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Cannot connect Laptops (running Vista) to Wireless Belkin 54g Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-connect-laptops-running-vista-to-wireless-belkin-54g-router.741894/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I feel like I m going in circles as I ve spent so much time on the phone with tech support with both Belkin and Apple and but not Router with connect desktop touch can anymore! ipod Belkin Solved: - I am no further ahead They each think its Solved: Belkin Router - can connect with desktop but not ipod touch anymore! the Solved: Belkin Router - can connect with desktop but not ipod touch anymore! others problem Solved: Belkin Router - can connect with desktop but not ipod touch anymore! So I am really hoping someone can help My son just purchased an ipod touch and so we bought a Belkin Wireless Router F D I set it up and he tried his ipod and had connection so we thought all was fine however we hadn t tried our home computer When I did we did not have connection I contacted Belkin who had me add DSN Server Addresses The problem seemed solved I had connection with my home computer BUT I did not have my son check connection on the ipod as I figured he d soon let me know if there was a problem Sure enough the next day he told me he had no connection I called Belkin again and the guy had me check a few things but basically said everything was fine with the router and that I needed to contact Apple I did this and they had me reset the ipod I did this but still nothing Unfortunately I could not stay on the phone any longer as it had been over hrs with both techs and I have kids So I am sitting here with a very expensive little toy that s not working and a very frustrated son who wants to be able to get to the internet on his ipod If there is anyone out there who might be able to help me I would really appreciate it Thank you Donna nbsp

A:Solved: Belkin Router - can connect with desktop but not ipod touch anymore!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-router-can-connect-with-desktop-but-not-ipod-touch-anymore.678513/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all I m having quite a headache with connect to printer, Belkin wireless router to laptop b209 iPhone hp & Trying my current components I have a home Sony Trying to connect hp b209 wireless printer, laptop & iPhone to Belkin router VAIO Computer running XP Media Center Edition Belkin Wireless N Router HP B Wireless printer year old Lenovo laptop and an iPhone s I can t make them all play together I noticed yesterday that my iPhone hadn t been connecting to the WiFi for several days so I tried to see what might be going on I tried to force pair the iPhone by turning off Data Connection which usually forces the WiFi which it did but then when I went to a webpage it wouldn t load even though wifi was showing full signals I then booted up my lenovo laptop and it connected to the internet and worked like a charm Then my iPhone s started working again Awesome I couldn t leave well enough alone Why not now finally set up the wireless aspects of my HP B that I ve never used so I can print from my laptop wirelessly which I ve always wanted to do So I was able to setup the printer after adding the MAC address of the printer to my belkin router by going to the IP address for the router and adding that specific address I changed NOTHING ELSE Wirelessly printed from my home computer to do the first test worked Awesome uh oh Internet on laptop not working now It shows my wireless network with full bars in range but when I go to connect it simply says it cannot connect right away I check my phone wireless GONE again I tried to force pair the phone no dice I quot forget the network quot on my phone it still shows available I connect put in my password and it immediately denies me I tried un-plugging the router restarting all computers un-plugging router -and- restaring all computers turning off the printer repeating all previous steps and finally I went and deleted the MAC address I added to the router and all of the above did nothing to fix the solution Anyone have any idea of what s going on If I was a gambling man I d say it seems like the password for my wireless router has changed and is denying all my devices but I did go into the wireless router settings one more time and type in the password I ve always used and re-saved it and tried connecting to no avail Please let me know what information you need and I will do my best to provide Thank you for your assistance nbsp

A:Trying to connect hp b209 wireless printer, laptop & iPhone to Belkin router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-connect-hp-b209-wireless-printer-laptop-iphone-to-belkin-router.1088310/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

I am using a TP-Link wireless router (tp-link W8920G) but whenever I try access the admin panel, firefox just says "The connection was reset." It doesn't work on other browsers or other computers either.

The default gateway address of the admin panel is 192.168.1.1 and I can ping it just fine, but I can't connect to it via http :s

Is there someway around this, or am I basically screwed (ie. will have to hard reset it and re-configure)

thanks

A:Router Admin Page - Connection Reset

It seems to me that you're going to have to reset it and reconfigure. In any case, that'd be the sure fire way to go anyway and you know any problems will be cleared up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-admin-page-connection-reset.914710/
Relevancy 68.8%

I ve had this new laptop for about two weeks now and I originally was able to connect to my wifi and stay connected With no changes to the router or laptop it s still in default factory settings DB Router wirelessly connect/stay N750 connected can't New laptop Asus to Belkin my wireless connection has been disconnecting for about three days and I am unable to connect back I get Microsoft s default quot Can t connect to this network quot message When I connect my laptop to the router via New Asus laptop can't connect/stay wirelessly connected to Belkin N750 DB Router an ethernet cable I am able to access the internet In order to connect back to the internet wirelessly I have to reset my router and my laptop will connect only to disconnect half an hour to an hour later All my other wifi devices connect fine including an older model Asus laptop I ve tried connecting to wifi at other people s houses and public wifi hotspots and they all work fine As soon as I come home though connection is out again Laptop ASUS X JK Windows x Broadcom n network adapter with latest drivers Laptop AV Bitdefender Total Security Router Belkin N DB Here is my ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name MH Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List hnet Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - -B - A-CD- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address - -B - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix HNet Description Broadcom n Network Adapter Physical Address - -B - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Connection-specific DNS Suffix HNet Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - C- A- - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a f c c b cf b Preferred Temporary IPv Address e a a bd e d e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe a f c c b cf b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Tuesday December PM Lease Expires Saturday January AM Default Gateway fe a bff fe f b DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-D - - - - C- A- - - DNS Servers e a bff fe f b NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Connection-specific DNS Suffix Search List hnet Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d ab c f f e b dd Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c f f e b dd Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - B-D - - - - C- A- - - NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap HNet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix HNet Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ping Tests found this on another thread involving an issue similar to mine Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michelle gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Reply from Destination host unreachable Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michelle gt Ping google com Ping request could not find host google com Please check the name and try again Microsoft Windows Version c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Michelle gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply from Destination host unreachable Reply fr... Read more

A:New Asus laptop can't connect/stay wirelessly connected to Belkin N750 DB Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-asus-laptop-cant-connect-stay-wirelessly-connected-to-belkin-n750-db-router.1139441/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys Have often browsed this fount of knowledge connect router F5D7000 card Netgear and wireless network Belkin using to Cannot N300 without actually posting but now I am stumped and really need help I have recently moved house and had new broadband installed complete with new Netgear N router Now I am unable to connect to the internet even though my desktop says it can see the wireless network though it does say it is unidentified The network connection diagram in Vista suggests the problem is between the internet and the router but I know this is not the case as I have successfully connected Cannot connect to wireless network using Belkin F5D7000 card and Netgear N300 router other devices via the wireless network I know the Cannot connect to wireless network using Belkin F5D7000 card and Netgear N300 router router is N and the card is G but the router should still work with the older card right I have tried to download the latest drivers from Belkin for a version F D but for some reason they wont install when I click on the install file it thinks for a second then does nothing No idea why this is the case Could it be anything to do with the fact that the card being older is WEP and my router has no option for WEP only WPA onwards If so would the latest driver from Belkin in effect upgrade my card to allow it to carry same encryption as the router If I can t solve then I ll no doubt end up buying a new PCI card but I didn t want to have to bother right at this moment Any help would be fantastic Cheers Matt nbsp

A:Cannot connect to wireless network using Belkin F5D7000 card and Netgear N300 router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-to-wireless-network-using-belkin-f5d7000-card-and-netgear-n300-router.928504/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi,

I have a BT Broadband Homehub modem/router/residential gateway (192.168.1.254) – yesterday I configured an unused Belkin N150 wireless router as an additional switch (disabled DHCP and assigned ip within primary router’s subnet but not in DHCP range). All works fine, other than I can no longer hit the Belkin's admin page (192.168.1.253), browser just times out.

I am, however, able to ping it and get a response... Equally, if I connect directly to the Belkin and do an ipconfig I can see the default gateway as 192.168.1.253 but I still cannot hit the admin page.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Ross

A:Solved: Old Router as Switch - can no longer hit admin page

With the Belkin routers that I have seen you can set it to "AP Mode" and just connect it by WAN (Modem) port to the primary router and it acts as a switch.

... assigned ip within primary router’s subnet but not in DHCP range ...Click to expand...

That's the Belkin's LAN IP right? And you connected the primary router to a Belkin LAN port, right?

if I connect directly to the Belkin and do an ipconfig I can see the default gateway as 192.168.1.253Click to expand...

Default Gateway with Dhcp server disabled?????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-router-as-switch-can-no-longer-hit-admin-page.1051383/
Relevancy 67.08%

Internet access is fine.

Trouble is accessing Router admin page Engenius ESR6650 using windows 7. I try using the guides 192.168.0.1 but comes up with cannot find page error.

I might have reset to default a few months ago but that shouldn't affect ability to access admin page?

A:Accessing Router admin page Engenius ESR6650 using windows 7

Windows Key + R
cmd
ipconfig /all

Look under your adapter, for me it is Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection.
Check what the Default Gateway is, for me it is 192.168.0.1.
Enter your Default Gateway and see where that brings you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/302729-accessing-router-admin-page-engenius-esr6650-using-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Cannot Login to Netgear DG834G router wirelessly from Dell Laptop

Hi heres hoping you can help me.

I have a wireless connection through a Netgear DG834G from a Dell M6300 running Windows XP which is working fine with respect to accessing the internet..

I also have a desktop (wired to the router) which is also running fine.

The problem is that I cannot log into the router wirelessly as Admin on 192.168.0.1
I can login to the router as Admin from the wired PC, but not the laptop !!
I get to the login screen to input password but when pressing enter the login box just re-appears with the password field blank again.
I know the password entered is correct and accurate as it works from the wired desktop

(note: I have changed my laptop recently from HP to Dell, I was able to access the router wirelessly as Admin to perform maintenance with the HP model)

Any ideas ?

A:Cannot connect to wireless router as admin wirelessly

Are all the settings correct for the wireless laptop.
encryption method WEP, WPA, WPA2
passwords

Does the router even see this new laptop?
Do you still have the older laptop?
Check to see if the DELL firewall is disabled under Windows, make sure it off.
Try opening up a session: ping 192.168.0.1
Does the laptop get IP by DHCP,

ipconfig /release wait.... ipconfig /renew wait... try it again does work then
try static IP then do ipconfig /flushdns and ipconfig /registerdns

If all still doesn't work try..
re-joining the wireless router
disconnect using the wireless in range method on the laptop
reconnect but remove the password then re-do it then click on connect see if the wireless laptop can connect.
If it does reboot the laptop and login with your login ID password
Now open the browser and see if you can get into your router
Make sure you do not have any spyware or popup blocker active..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-wireless-router-as-admin-wirelessly.103395/
Relevancy 66.65%

Friend got a Linksys N e router version Asked me to set it up for N300-E1200] Router up Page Admin brings [Linksys Blank him TLR - Admin Page is blank when visiting from his computers yet my phone can bring it up just fine Internet also works fine if Internet is connected to the router This seems to be on any computer on his network All his computers are windows I tried on his Laptop and Desktop Steps I took on his laptop Powered on new router did not plug in internet modem disabled Wireless on his laptop wired plugged laptop into router ipconfig release ipconfig renew default gateway ip was [Linksys N300-E1200] Router Admin brings up Blank Page or some random number like that in the x range I then went to Blank Page It seems to redirect to [Linksys N300-E1200] Router Admin brings up Blank Page Unsecured asp I guess new linksys routers do that when the wireless network is unsecured It seems to be a landing page where you verify that this is ok before redirecting you back to your original destination I tried this on Chrome Internet Explorer Same thing I repeat this on his desktop Same thing I do a ipconfig dnsflush Same thing but the redirect to the Unsecured asp page no longer happens Cleared cache on browsers blank page rebooted computers same [Linksys N300-E1200] Router Admin brings up Blank Page thing I did a - - hard reset on the router Still blank page I plug the internet modem in for kicks reboot modem reboot router again Internet works still blank admin page no surprise I visit the page on my phone connect to the network wirelessly VOILA page shows just fine It goes to the Unsecured asp landing page i click ok then redirects me back to the Linksys admin page where I am able to make any changes to the network as I please Go back to the computers well still blank admin page I tried using the Linksys software that came with the router to set it up It said it installed still blank page I was thinking on updating the firmware through my phone but didn t as I didn t want to risk bricking the router if something happened midway Any ideas on what the problem is Bad router nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, Earlier when i was on my routers setup page checking a setting I kept getting an error message only when trying to log off "duplicate administrator this device is managed by 0.0.0.0 currently". This kind of bothered me cause I hadn't logged on to the router page from any other computer and had just reset the router. After that I checked to see if remote administration had been enabled somehow and it was disabled. I also have a strong password and the security log showed no login attempts other than my own.
Sorry if this seems like a stupid or pointless question but I'm just really curious as to what could cause this.

A:Belkin router page giving "duplicate administrator" when logging off

Only thing I can think of is you didn't happen to have multiple settings pages/tabs open at the same time did ya ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/246192-belkin-router-page-giving-duplicate-administrator-when-logging-off.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Guys i am trying to setup my Broadband connection. i read the whole 510v6 manual but was not able to find how can i set the 510 v6 modem into bridge mode. Please help me.

Relevancy 63.64%

Can anyone please help me?

I have just got a new computer and have attempted to wire it to the Belkin Router in our house. My PC is running Windows Vista Ultimate and the router we have is a Belkin ADSL2+ modem with Wireless G Plus MIMO Router - model # F5D9630-4. The router does have wireless capacity, however I am attempting to run it hard wired to my computer. When I connect the cable Vista automatically searches and finds the network, however it comes up as an "Unidentified network" and I cannot connect to the internet. My brother's computer is also connected to the same router (He is running Vista Home Premium) but his works fine. I have tried everything I can think of, including changing the DHCP settings in my registry as seen here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233, but I have still had no success.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,
I just connected with WiMax, problem is I have the wimax wireless router in the house(all good).

But my office is in the garage! I was hoping to run an ethernet cable from WiMax Zylex router to my Belkin Wireless Router.

Is this the way to go about, sharing my internet connection? Also can anyone
give me any pointers on how to go about doing this.

cheers,
LiverKing.

A:Connect WiMax wireless (Zylex) with my Belkin N wireless router

I am no expert but will try to help. If I have understood you correctly, you only require the one router.
If the router in the house is a wireless router and your computer in your office is equipped for Wi-fi you could connect wirelessly. You will need the access code for the router when you try to connect. I think it will be a WEP or a WPA PSK code.
Otherwise run a ethernet cable from your house router to your office and connect it direct to your office computer (not too a second router) This is probably the safest method anyway if you do not need wireless.
You will then need to set up a network by going to "Control Panel" and clicking on "Network Setup Wizard" and following the instructions.
Hope that is of some help to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connect-wimax-wireless-zylex-with-my-belkin-n-wireless-router.176558/
Relevancy 63.64%

When I try to connect to 192.168.1.1 my router's page, most of the time (but not always) it doesnt load, router model is TP Link. I thought the router wasnt working since it was old so I bought a new one, still the same problem, I thought maybe my Windows had some issues so I made a fresh install, still the same thing, so I thought maybe it was something related to the hardware in my PC so I tried it on a totally different PC connected to the same router, still no luck. This is the strangest problem I ever had with a router so would appreciate any suggestions.

A:Can't connect to local router page

Try using Chrome to surf to the router.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372999-cant-connect-local-router-page.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Whenever i type in my ip address in my internet address bar(192.168.x.y) the page brings me to "Unable to connect" "FireFox cannot establish a connection to the server 192.168.x.y". I have also tried it in IE but it just google searches my IP Address. Also this problem is usually off and on. One day i can get on and the next day it wont let me access the page.

A:Cannot connect to my router's web page via IP address

first, get a command prompt and enter IPCONFIG

the last line shown as the Default address is your router's address.

If that's the address you already attempted, then

download LSPFIX,
install and run from an ADMIN login, reboot the system and then try accessing your router again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-connect-to-my-routers-web-page-via-ip-address.166074/
Relevancy 58.91%

Really need some help here going crazy We have a Sagemcom FAST modem router from windstream our ISP and have been trying to get F7D1301 a Modem/router Belkin Sagemcom with Setup Fast router 1704 a servers going for Minecraft game with no luck So we thought that we could attach our Belkin router to the modem since we were Setup a Belkin F7D1301 router with a Sagemcom Fast 1704 Modem/router having port forwarding problems I have tried numerous times to set up the router with this modem and have even tried the bridge mode but then I don t get internet access through the Belkin router have no idea what I am doing wrong I am running Windows XP and my brother who I want on the same network is running Windows Vista which I really hate I had my XP connected but could not get the Vista connected then I completely messed it up and just am at my wits end can someone please walk me through this Let me know any info you need and how to send it to you Thanks a lot Deb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-a-belkin-f7d1301-router-with-a-sagemcom-fast-1704-modem-router.1089945/
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer recently had a virus and had to restore my computer back to factory. After doing so now I am unable to connect to the internet using my wireless Belkin router. I have tried to connect using the ethernet cord directly into my laptop and I am able to get on the internet by when I remove the ethernet cord from my laptop I loose connection. I don't know what else to do. Please help.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello im wondering if anyone can help,

I have recently purchased a laptop and i bought a wireless router so that i could use the internet connection from another room in my house. I have set the router up to my computer with the internet connection but now i haven't got a clue what to do next and how do get my laptop to start receiving the internet connection. Can anyone help please

Thanks

A:Belkin router

This is for HP but the settings are basically the same.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?dlc=en&lc=en&product=86662&cc=us&docname=c00045244

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router.54628/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys i have a Belkin N1 vision and it keeps restating back to the same display screen...... such as the load screen... when it loads up..... and it want let me connect to the internet..... Any ideas?

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Linksys WRT160N V2

but in my network. The Belkin N Wireless Router shows up in my list.

My network is setup with a WPA2 PERSONAL Wireless network so I know no one is connected and majority of my computers are connected throught hardwire.

My dad has a Belkin N Wirelss Router and the only way I am directly connected to him is a program called Gbridge but I dont see how that would show up on my network page.

A:Why the Belkin Router?

I'd assume that if you're connected to another computer and he is using network sharing, that you would see his network assets.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77757-why-belkin-router.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have built a new computer from scratch.

I have an msi motherboard, pentium 4 3.2ghz cpu, 1024mb of ddr400, 2 x 120g
maxtor 9 hdd, 450w psu and my os is xp pro.

I have also gone wireless with the Belkin Fd7630 with built in modem and belkin wireless pci card which i installed with no problems what so ever.

Yesterday i was getting interfearence with my next door neighbour's netgear so i decided to change channel to cut this out.

To my suprise once i clicked submit after changing channel my computer shut down Yes completly shut down all by itself and after further investigation i found this happens when i alter any of the settings in my router.

Please help this is so frustrating.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-and-belkin-router-41490.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I am living in a hostel Belkin router in Hamburg Germany where I have internet on LAN So I bought a wifi router Belkin N Wireless Router FD - to use internet wireless Now in this hostel we also have a server in Belkin router which we can upload amp download things to amp from I can see the icon of this server in my Network amp access it when I use internet via LAN cable but I am not able to connect to the server when I am using wifi router I don t know how to figure this out I tried accessing the quot Network quot I have Windows Ultimate amp then in that it shows my router - quot Belkin N Router quot But when I double click on this belkin icon my router restarts amp nothing happens then I want access to this server via wifi so that I don t have to plug-in my LAN cable again and again Any help regarding this will be appreciated Thanks a lot Jainam nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Help!!

I have recently moved house and had trouble reconnecting my broadband. After some frustration i decided to reset the router to its default (little button at the back) The problem is that i now cannot connect to the admin page of the router (198.162.2.1) I have reset several times, tried through both wireless and ethernet cables, gone to my network places and enabled upnp etc. When i ping the router i get 'host not found'.

Could anyone offer me any further advice or instructions.

Thank you

N

A:Belkin Router

hmm; address: http:/192.168.2.1 is correct -- be sure to use a wired connection
and that your NIC is enabled if you've been using wireless previously.

use Admint Tools -> Computer Mgr-->Device Mgr and scroll to see Network Adapters
and verify the Nic is active and no red/yellow marks on the device

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-router.127582/
Relevancy 53.32%

How do I change the security settings for me Belkin Router?

Relevancy 53.32%

Yeah im trying to figure out how to set up a bypass for vuze (downloading program) on my Belkin N1 Wireless router. I know how to get to the router page by typing in the default gateway but after that im stumped on how to get to the bypass page. I Know that there is a way to do it (Someone on youtube did it on a linksys) but i cant figure it out. could someone help me?

A:Belkin Router Help

From the TSG Rules, which you should have read when you joined.

P2P Instructions - We do not support P2P file sharing applications and any threads requesting help for such will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided.

We are aware that there are legal applications for file sharing but we have chosen to take this postion as we cannot determine when the assistance requested is for illegal or legal purposes and the illegal far outweigh the legal in this medium.Click to expand...

This thread is closed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-help.820624/
Relevancy 53.32%

Has anyone got a Belkin router? I have one and am having trouble opening ports and setting up static IP's. The model is: F5D7632UK4A.

I am tryning to use VNC to connect to my computer at home from work. I have VNC installed on my machine with all firewalls off and not spyware programs running. I can VNC between machines at home using the internal 192.168 addresses but i cannot connect remotly using the external IP's. I have tried opening the ports on the router but no luck. I have had no end of problems with this router but I was wondering if any one has has this problem with a Belking router.

Thanx

A:belkin router

Idiggins - I recommend you use LogMeIn.com

You will have all sorts of trouble with port forwarding otherwise.
LogMein is simple and secure - great to use.

Plus, you use it over the internet so you're not limitied to just your work pc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/belkin-router-227281.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I need to set the NAT settings on my router to specifications for the XBox live network but I can't find them. The XBox says they are set to Moderate, but I don't see those options when I go in to change the router settings. Where is it located at.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi My B Band ISP is AOL with a Wired Netgear router which now packed up I was given router Belkin a quot Belkin Modem with Wireless G Router quot connected everything proper all Leds Belkin router on it are lit BUT does connect on the WEB Contacted AOL for help who sent me to belkin whos all Tel Nos are out of service or dead Belkin site gives me a PDF on how to quot Establishing a Connection from PC to Router quot did it all BUT still no luck for AOL ISPs quot Use our wizard below to find ISP settings for your hardware Your results are below If you have any further queries do not hesitate to contact us Internet Provider AOL UK Connection Type PPPOE VPI VCI Encap LLC Notes Please ensure that the username entered is the master screen name ending with aol com Please ensure that the password for this account is set to letters or less No uppercase letters symbols or numbers If you are experiencing slow browsing please ensure that Home build Asus P K Premium WiFiiFi Intel Intel Core Quad Pro Q W GHz OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler x GB -pin DIMM DDR mhz PC - EVGA GeForce GTX KO MB GDDR PCI-E Excelsior sata gb OCZ W Game XStream Psu X XPhome sp Ubuntu VBox Win Home build Asus P K Premium WiFiiFi Intel Intel Core Quad Pro Q W GHz OCZ Vendetta Cpu Cooler x GB -pin DIMM DDR mhz PC - EVGA GeForce GTX KO MB GDDR PCI-E Excelsior sata gb OCZ W Game XStream Psu X XPhome sp Ubuntu VBox Win nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

we have two laptops, one was wired to the router, the other was wireless. I unhooked the wired laptop to try it wireless. now the wireless light on the router is off and the wireless is not working. HELP

unplug the power from the router for 30 seconds, plug it back in, wait for it to boot up, does it work now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.877645/
Relevancy 53.32%

I dont currently have a PC or laptop. I am just trying to set-up a wireless network that an xbox, ipad, and kindle can access my internet. I bought a Belkin N300 Wireless router but I noticed that it has I must have a computer and has a min operating system xyz... I guess I must have to load software or something. Is there a way to set something up so my devices can all share my internet? What do I need to get??

A:Need help with belkin router set-up

You can configure the router with an iPad (and a Kindle if it is the Kindle Fire) if you are careful and know what you are doing. Start by reading the user manual (at least once, if not several times) that is probably on an included CD and available on Belkin's web site. No software is needed, and most times is better avoided.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-belkin-router-set-up.1034422/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi there I need some assistants on making my Belkin Wireless G router- Ghz- g model F D - Version to become a Access Point Here is my situation I have an existing Linksys WRT N Wireless-N gigabit router with storage Link connected to my DSL modem upstairs my house I want the belkin router to act as an access point downstairs I want to connect at least three machines with the Belkin router I have thought of putting one ethernet cable downstairs from the Linksys router but I don t want to do that OK I have tried few things already I tried the build-in access point enable button and giviing the router a new IP address but thats where I get stuck I can t log-in back to Need my Help Router. Belkin with the belkin router I tried disabling the DHCP server and NAT with no results I m I Need Help with my Belkin Router. forgetting something here Do need to do something with my linksys router Please help Thanks nbsp

A:Need Help with my Belkin Router.

You seem to be talking about a wireless bridge, not an access point. The problem here is I've never been able to get Belkin equipment to talk to any non-Belkin equipment wirelessly, even though they offer the wireless bridge option in the box.

You shouldn't have to do anything with the Linksys router, I'm thinking this is simply Belkin being difficult.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-my-belkin-router.954116/
Relevancy 53.32%

I Got A Belkin Router And Lost The CD-Rom To Install it. What Should I do

A:Belkin Router

killergil said:

I Got A Belkin Router And Lost The CD-Rom To Install it. What Should I doClick to expand...

Did you visit Belkin site to see what you can find for your router over there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.570463/
Relevancy 53.32%

I accidentally made my thingy into an access point and they changed my ip adress!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't see the address so i cant go on there!!!!!!! And my other laptops can't go on my network!!!! Help plz!!!!!!!!!!

Relevancy 53.32%

first of all guys hi this is my first time on the site so be gentle with me after a bit of info hope im in right section here trying to set router up for port forewarding for utorrent keeps telling me port not open how do i open it and were do i get the setting to do it any help please

You needed help finding the following rule?

"P2P Instructions - The purpose of P2P is to illegally trade copyrighted material. We do not support the use of P2P networks and any threads requesting help for them will be closed. This includes Kazaa, Bearshare, WinMX, and the like. If you're interested in the topic, you are free to discuss it on our site (and please visit StealingIsIllegal.com), but information on how to use them will not be provided."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.671462/
Relevancy 53.32%

i have a belkin router and would like to make it secure. how can i do this?

Hi and welcome

I hope this helps: http://www.ehow.com/how_4829036_secure-belkin-wireless-router.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router.970034/
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyway to change Ip on Belkin router now ?????

If you know please help me >.<

Not a lan ip, wireless .....

Relevancy 53.32%

hey I am trying to connect my Belkin router. I have bellsouth. And when i have all my stuff connect then try to connect online with my bellsouth to start the install process on the Belkin install program.Well first it wont connect the bellsouth thing thats not allowing it to download the belkin program. I think its a firewall or something blockin it but not sure.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys, Im having some trouble with my Belkin N1 wireless router. Version 1000. I recently updated the firmware for the first time on the router, and after it restarted, the 'Router' LED icon on the router itself is blinking, which means it is booting up, but it wont go away, and I cannot connect to the router in any way. I dont know what to do. Using the reset button on the back of the router doesnt work either. Can anybody help? I need to get it working ASAP.

A:Belkin N1 Router

Is that the F5D8231-4? My guess is that the Version 1000 is like my Version 1000 of the F5D8232-4 (N1 Vision) was. Junk, to put it simply. The replacement I got for that in January is Version 2000 and is still working fine. I see that the F5D8231-4 is already up to Version 5000.

My only suggestion regarding help is to reset it to factory default settings. But, if the reset button doesn't even work for a simple restart you obviously can't do that.

The best part about Belkin is their pretty easy to use replacement policy/procedure.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n1-router.845249/
Relevancy 52.46%

We use a Belkin Router with a Verizon Internet connection This Router Problems with Belkin router publishes a wireless network with a router IP of and all devices connected are tagged with IP addresses x Everything was working fine until recently when the main computer and router were moved Something went wrong and now I cannot get my laptop to connect unless I disable the security features It has WPA WEP and WPA options When ever I use any of them the Problems with Belkin Router laptop allows me to configure the connection but for some reason won t save the options I use The router says to use WPA with a TKIP or AES encyption The laptop will not save the TKIP option and continues to return to AES I believe this is the problem Even when I get the settings to be accepted occasionally the computer tells me there was a quot Problem applying the Profile quot set up for this connection Problems with Belkin Router I am at a complete loss of what to do other then leaving the security open Please help nbsp Problems with Belkin Router

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I m new to the forum I just bought a belkin surf n weeks ago In the first few days it works fine But then it starts to disconnect without a cause frequently During the night the day the morning evening just random times So I got into the router settings and set up wpa updated my firmware yes from the belkin site itself and yes I updated AFTER downloading the firmware set my self healing stuff at am everyday Then I thought its gonna stop Router Problem Belkin but after only hours of happiness it starts Belkin Router Problem again So I restored to the factory defaults set up my info again and using PPPOE connection type My house have multiple wireless users All of the users got Windows installed It slows down a lot when I patch my online games and download windows update The router is connected in the same filter as the home phone Things that occur when my internet disconnects -The router s light is red Happens times -The belkin manager program said the password has been changed times -The wireless icon got a yellow triangle with a in it times Note -No coffee machine working when it disconnects xD -Phone is not used when disconnection happens Thanks nbsp

A:Belkin Router Problem

Sounds defective. Updating to the latest firmware and then reset to factory default settings is proper, and pretty much all that can be done.

Which router light is red?

A few ISP's require that the device connected to the modem be registered with them. With most of those a new device--e.g., your new router--would not get a connection, but with a few it will get a connection but then when the ISP makes a "sweep" to check for attached devices you would get disconnected. Make sure this is not your situation before believing my claim that the router is defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-problem.998567/
Relevancy 52.46%

Trying to connect new iPad with Belkin router but have lost the password.
Can anyone help?

Relevancy 52.46%

At home I have a network of 4 PC's, connected through a Belkin F5D5130. everything was working fine with no problems at all.

A few days ago I decided to get myself a new computer consisting of an Asus A7N8X motherboard, athlon 2600XP 333 FSB, memory and all the rest of it.

now a strange thing has occoured since I installed the new computer.

Every now and again the router will reset itself. all the lights will go on, then turn off, and then come back on again and start working again. Of course doing this causes an interruption with whatever i may be doing at the time.

If i take this computer off of the network, ithe router works fine. So I can only surmise that there is a problem between the computer and the router

Does anyoe have any ideas as to what may be wrong?.

Tsi

Relevancy 52.46%

Hi

Can anyone help with this one. I have a Belkin Wireless Router F5d6231-4. I would like to be able to get wireless internet on my new laptop.

My problem is that my telephone point, where my modem for my pc is connected, is in a different room to my pc. I have a long cable running from one room to the modem which sits next to my pc

In order to use the router, I have to disconnect one end of the modem and plug it into the router and then connect the router to the pc. I hope this makes sense to someone because I am really struggling.

I don't have anybody to install this for me and thought it would be an easy job. I just want internet connection to my laptop without having to buy a wireless modem.

Thanks for any help

Relevancy 52.46%

my laptop suddenly disconnected from my wereless network. i went to connect, and it says windows cannot connect to the network. i looked at the network properties, and i think i may have messed it up by erasing the security key. i do not know this key. it is not on my router, or was it given to me upon installation. i am unjsure of how to get my wireless network back up and running. if you have any suggestions or could help me out in any way at all, that would be sweet. thanks for your time.

A:belkin router security key

Are you sure there is not an option on the router to display the key? I ask because there is such an option on my current Belkin and I'm pretty sure there is on my older one.

But, anyhow, just set a new one. Although, given your current problem it may be better to disable encryption, connect the wireless computer(s), then re-enable encryption and reconnect.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-security-key.913354/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello We used to be connected with Tiscali until a couple of months ago When we were with Tiscali we were using a Belkin F D - Wireless G router and ok so it kept dropping out but we had wireless connection which was great When we changed to BT we were sent a BT Voyager V ADSL router which is connected at the moment via USB connection to the computer When we try and plug the Belkin in we can t Belkin problems Router get a conenction to the internet let alone have anything running on Wireless The signal speed is only as much as K on a good day but is that any reason why we can t get any sort of connection wired or wireless on the Belkin Can anyone suggest another wireless router that may be better I have an old BT Home Hub the white one - Is it worth trying that Any Belkin Router problems advice would be appreciated Thanks A nbsp

A:Belkin Router problems

First off, you may have to configure the WAN section of the router with the proper parameters for the new service.

Also, there's this...

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forums/index.cfm?action=showthread&threadid=228171&forumid=18

I would just like to warn anybody who owns the v2000 vesrion of the belkin F5D7632-4 adsl modem router to be extremely cautious in updating their firmware to the latest 1.01.10 version which has recently appeared on the official belkin website.

When I updated to the new firmware it completely ruined the wireless connectivity of my router and as a result I had to replace the router. I also contacted belkin technical support but they could not offer a solution.

I would therefore suggest that any F5D7632-4 v2000 owners do not update their firmware as it could kill the wireless connectivity of their router. It could have just been that I was unlucky but I would strongly advise against a firmware update.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-problems.740668/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a problem with my belkin router whereby the internet stops working and all internet applications like my online gaming stop working. However my wireless displays working properly.

If i use belkins network utility it displays wireless network working and internet to router displays off.

I solve the problem by going to my router page and commanding my router to restart.

Before I used the Belkin router I used the 02 router that came with my package and i got the same problem though much less frequently. This time i solved it by repairing my wireless connection [windows option].

This does not work with the belkin and I have to restart the router.

Paul

Relevancy 52.46%

I recently bought a belkin wireless g router, model F5D7230-4. How clever was I buying it on ebay for half the retail price! Step one was easy enough and I loaded the driver. Step two said I was to connect my existing modem to the router. My modem has a USB connector and the router has an ethernet port. How the hell do I connect USB to ethernet?

Relevancy 52.46%

My Belkin Router likes to disconnect and auto recconect when ever it feels like it. It causes my Xbox to dc from games and my XFIRE and VENTRILO to discconect when it does... can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-issues.733926/
Relevancy 52.46%

I Got A Belkin Router And Lost The CD-Rom To Install It.And I wanted To Know Is There Was Any Other Way To Install The Router.Please Help

A:Solved: Belkin Router

Go to the Belkin website and download what you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-belkin-router.570455/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi we have a belkin f d - router in our house which has been working for a week but now its Problem Belkin Router being an enormous problem We find only one of us seems to be able to Belkin Router Problem connect at a time and it only ever seems to be an XP computer that connects The setup we have is three Belkin Router Problem wirless laptops and a desktop connected by an ethernet cable My laptop XP goes through a few different situations It connects to Belkin Router Problem the router but doesn t have any internet connection whilst only the other XP desktop does It sees the network but wont connect regardless of the WPA key The successfuly situation where i get internet but everyone else doesn t The Vista laptops come up with an error relating to DNS problems also on the diagnosis pages they highlight errors between the router and internet rather than the computer and the router even though a computer in the house is usually connected My guess is that its unlikely to be the cable internet that comes into the house since one is successfully connecting and its unlikely to be all of the computers simultaneously Thanks in advance for an responses Pete nbsp

A:Belkin Router Problem

Do a hard reset on router (straightened paperclip in the little hole for 30 seconds, with the power on).

Reconfigure the router. Make sure everyone has DHCP enabled (obtaining IP address and DNS automatically).

If it still doesn't work, you may have to get another router.

Courtney

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-problem.759145/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Belkin Pre N Router, it has a standard hardware firewall.

I was just curious if it's necessary to have any software firewalls as well?

A:Belkin Router: Firewalled?

Yes, because if someone happens to "hack" your wireless connection, they are then "on your network" and can access any PC's on that network (aka YOUR machine), so a software firewall is needed as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-router-firewalled.514650/