Product EK350AA-ABU
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Hello, I wish to upgrade my PC with more RAM. Understand that upgrading RAM is easy.
Can any one guide me on how to carry this out.
Is it worth it considering the make and model??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Advise regarding installing more memory

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Advise regarding installing more memory

Windows XP Home SP3 on a single core 2.2Ghz processor should run fine on 1GB of memory. Considering the cost of "DDR400 PC3200" I wouldn't upgrade, unless you absolutely needed more memory for a specific reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-regarding-installing-more-memory.183301/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey All,

I'm going to be upgrading my memory from 4GB to 8GB in the next few weeks.

I have a Dell Dimension 9200. On the Dell and Crucial websites it states the Maximum Memory is 4GB, however I know that it can take 8GB. There have been numerous forums where people have stated they have successfully updated the memory to 8GB in a Dimension 9200 (XPS 410).

If someone could please advise on which to buy that would be great. I can provide any additional specs if needed.

A:Can anyone advise me on which memory to buy?

Which brand??

Or which type/module?

Are you replacing all of your current memory, or just adding to it?

If the latter, I'd try to match the major specs of the existing sticks, particularly speed and voltage. Ideally, try to match the brand and model number.

If you are doing a total replacement and not overclocking the RAM, I'd just get the cheapest compatible from a reliable brand--Crucial, G Skill, Corsair.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/230896-can-anyone-advise-me-memory-buy.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello - Hopefully this is the correct forum to be in on this matter - I have a PC currently running Win and for this PC I just recently swapped out my mother installing xp Advise- board its Advise- installing xp a better one that the one that was there but its not new Anyways WIn is giving me fits about the hardware changes and so I was thinking of just wiping out win and installing XP Pro on that system using the same drive I already checked that the drive meets the size requirements recommended for XP But what I don t know how to do is to set up the drive operating system Once I deltree the drive contents I think this is the right method then its clean right Is there anything else needed to be done first How will my computer be able to boot so that I can install the new OS I don t have a boot disk made on my machine and since its freaking out over the new hardware if I made one now would it be bad Or should I make one using my other computer that already has xp running on it Or do I even need one I just don t know the way it goes when setting up brand new I haven t done anything yet I am waiting for your help first before I go and screw something up nbsp

A:Advise- installing xp

how much memory do you have - I recommend a minimum of 256M - if you have 128M - I have seen 500Mhz 128M systems with 98 outperform 1Gh 128M Xp PC.

when you boot the CD - just make sure as you run the install you choose to format the drive completely -that will get rid of all th ewin98 software

also make sure you have any drivers
motherboard, video, sound, network, modem etc etc
remember you need XP drivers NOT 98drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advise-installing-xp.311255/
Relevancy 52.89%

Ok This is New Need working... not advise. memory my system Systemax PC MB RAM Video NVidia GeForce GTS Op system WindowsME God help me Motherboard Spacewalker AI SlotA CPU Athlon Mhz Well to the problem I tried to install another MB memory module I bought from Circuit City gt Kingston MB -Pin DIMM Mhz SDRAM lt It didn t come with Kingston memory But it has origanaly and calls New memory not working... Need advise. for pin DIMM Mhz SDRAM modules Moving on When I installed the module It updated and declared success Then promptly booted up in the safe mode Total memory the system was declaring was MB Seemed to be missing about half Shut down switched memory module locations Same Removed old memory and left new one in Rebooted Showed half About MB on a MB module Put the old memory back with the new still in Forced the system to reboot normal Still wrong memory MB Windows now cries that the display driver wasn t operating proper Shut down Removed new memory with old left in MB s of memory is now back with a module Display driver had New memory not working... Need advise. to be reloaded Now everything is New memory not working... Need advise. back to what it was before trying to install the memory I d like to slap someone Just don t know whether it would be Kingston Spacewalker or Microshaft Advise is needed Any would be appreciated What is the collective thought about what the problem could be BIOS The mother board not compatible with the Kingston memory module Window s getting confused Or simply a bad module Would just like some advise before returning the new memory to Circuit City nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

Hiyas im going round in circles here tryin to pick a advise Memory :) for gamer out my new ram Its going into my Lanparty Ultra-D I was always told that BH OCZ was great which I can buy here http www overclockers co uk acatalog Performance Memory advise for a gamer :) Series html I had in my mind that that was the memory I wanted but I do play a lot of the latest games Memory advise for a gamer :) and have been advised that I should go for a gb kit something like the gskill kits here http www overclockers co uk acatalog G Skill html Should i go for the gb kit And will it matter about most of the gb Memory advise for a gamer :) kits being cas rather than the cas of the ocz For now im But I think in my own mind that atleast a gb kit is more future proof but which one From here http www overclockers co uk acatalog Online Catalogue Memory html I dont wanna spend more than say I will be gratful for any expert advise Just remember though that the Ulta-d is maybe a bit fussy on ram Cheers guys nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

My computer has a 64bit Dimm 512 mb Ddr 400 Pc3200 M-tec.. memory card installed.

At the same time I dismantled my old computer and would like to use its memory card to improve my current configuration. The old memory card I would like to add up is one with these specs: VM 256MB PC133 / 2002JUN009/ARROW GREEN

As I don´t know too much about computers I am placing this question here hoping to find a helping hand: Do these cards conflict ? Do they work together ? What additional changes shall I have to do at he BIOS or somewhere else in my PC to get a working capacity of 768 mb ?

Thank you a lot !!!

Aquaviva

=========================================================
OS W XP Home, Sp2
Amd Sempron 2400+ S.a. 1.67 Ghz 333 Tray
Caviar/80 gb 100 7200 rpm 2 mb Wd899bb
Asus Motherboard Km400a Matx Socket A fsb 400, Ddr A7
64 Bit Dimm 512 Ddr 400 Pc3200 M-Tec
LITE-ON DVD + R/RW/DL
1.44 Diskett station

Relevancy 52.03%

Okay so I just bought a PC I built for my brother back from him to use as my HTPC I just bought a SSD to install Windows Pro -bit on it as well As installing to SSD, advise 7 a fresh Going please Windows be on of Going to be installing Windows 7 fresh on a SSD, please advise right now I only own the Windows Pro -bit disc that doesn t have SP on it In the recent past I did this for my parents PC but it didn t go well I got stuck in Going to be installing Windows 7 fresh on a SSD, please advise the loop of Windows Update hanging and eventually had to give up couldn t troubleshoot around it and buying Windows and just installing that Since then recently in fact I have found posts on here showing me how I d likely get around that if it was to happen again Like this There are two updates that need to be applied when you are not connected to the Internet this is what screws most people up when they apply them - for whatever reason if you re actually online when you go to apply these update done so in numerical order it doesn t actually fix the long-time wait and see bullshit that so many people are having trouble with Download the two updates from the Microsoft pages below if you haven t done that already or installed them disconnect from the Internet and install the updates with a reboot between each sadly it actually seems to matter and then you shouldn t have any extended delays with updates It will still be slow on the first big update but subsequent attempts should work much faster https support microsoft com en-us kb Microsoft Security Bulletin MS - - Critical I am also aware of the recent quot Convenience Rollup quot which looks great though I am not exactly sure when it can be used what has to be installed before you use it What would be great I have no clue if it exists or not is if there is an ISO out there with the most recent Windows Pro -bit w SP version on it that isn t shady can be put on a USB thumb drive and installed on my SSD then if need be install those two updates linked above then install the Convenience Rollup and be basically fully upgraded If that doesn t exist than oh well I ll take all the tips and advice you can give me nbsp

A:Going to be installing Windows 7 fresh on a SSD, please advise

Your best course of action is to create your own ISO, and I just wrote a guide last night for someone else which you can find here (I didn't give the thread the title you see below, mind you):

Windows 7 SP1 Fully Patched 1 hour

It's up to you to do it or not but I personally wouldn't trust any ISOs posted online by anyone else - I know that sorta-kinda flies in the face of making your own ISO using something you get from someone else but for me personally, having done that so many times (and I've used the System File Checker in Windows 7 to verify that every file is solid and has the necessary Microsoft digital signatures without issues), it's second nature to create a new ISO for myself once a month, takes a few minutes and it's done and I can use that ISO (moved to an 8GB USB stick, of course since it's larger than I can burn on a DVD5 and I don't use dual layer DVD media) to install a completely updated Windows 7 as of the time the update pack happened to be released (and it doesn't have any of the Windows 10 related bullshit, updates, nagware, forced updates or the retroactive telemetry either).

As for using Windows 7, what I discovered as of today is that if you install Windows 7 SP1 clean and stop at that point - meaning you have no updates past the original SP1 files - you need to install 4 updates which will resolve most if not all of the delays and slow updating but you must download these updates manually, disconnect from your Internet connection entirely and then install them - if you're online when you attempt to install them they will try to grab other files in the process which breaks the actual update purpose. I know it sounds fucked up and it is, so thank Microsoft for that - just remember to download them manually to your machine, disconnect, install the updates, reboot, then get back online and hit Windows Update and see what happens:

KB3102810
KB3138612
KB3145739
KB3153199

I tested those on a VM just last night, installed Windows 7 Professional from SP1 media with nothing else, then installed those 4 updates manually, then rebooted and checked for updates and it took all of 2 minutes to find what was necessary to install (like 247 updates) and that's on an i7 quad core laptop using hard drives (still no SSDs for me). I can't say it'll go any faster or slower for you or anyone else, just saying those 4 updates installed while you're offline as noted and it should work fine.

https://hardforum.com/threads/going-to-be-installing-windows-7-fresh-on-a-ssd-please-advise.1900446/
Relevancy 52.03%

Thanks in forehand for stopping here.

I am ready to connect to my PC an external enclosure with an old 40 Gb HDD containing data . However I don't dare to do it without some good advise on what previous steps should I have to consider, if any, before connecting it to power and to the USB gate. Unfortunately there were not instructions in the box.

This is the pc I am running:

Amd Sempron 2400+ S.a. 1.67 Ghz 333 Tray
Caviar/80 gb 100 7200 rpm 2 mb Wd899bb
Asus Motherboard Km400a Matx Socket A fsb 400, Ddr A7
64 Bit Dimm 512 Ddr 400 Pc3200 M-Tec
LITE-ON DVD + R/RW/DL
1.44 Diskett station
OS W XP Home,Sp2

Thank you for your help !!!

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi folks!

I'm looking at increasing PC memory and need some pointers, please. I currently have 3 slots for memory. 2 of them are used with a 32MB and a 64MB cards. Both are SDRam.

What I could do with knowing is what can I upgrade to? Is it determined by the motherboard or processor or...what?

Any advise would be welcomed, as I'm not well up on the intricacies of memory!!

Thanks

Andy

Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion N5350 (F2347MR) and it seems to be standard. Does anyone have extra memory for it and a battery thats good. I believe it supports 512.

ALSO, the lid is tight when opening it, can the hindges be lubed some way to make it smooth.

I noticed that the screen shows a strip down the center thats faded in the back ground, is that a sign of it going to crap out?
Thanks for all your help.

Kenny

A:HP N5350 Memory Needed and Advise on Display

Well if you want to add memory, replace the dead battery, fix the hinges, and fix the LCD then you really ought to be looking at a new laptop.

For the price of the repairs and upgrades you can buy a new laptop.

$120 for a new battery, $80 for a 256MB stick(times 2 for $160 if you want 512MB total). Then it sounds like you need new hinges, I've never seen ones that could be fixed by greaseing/oiling them up. And then it sounds like a part of the LCD is failing and LCD's are extremely expensive to replace.

Here's one for $469.99 after 2 rebates and you get a digital camera and a radio: http://www.officedepot.com/ddSKU.do?level=SK&id=807896

http://rebates.teg-online.com/officedepot/Rebate_Print.asp?Item_Key=254116
http://rebates.teg-online.com/officedepot/Rebate_Print.asp?Item_Key=255009
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=DQ0QG6clDeE&offerid=27778.456467896&type=10&subid=
http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=DQ0QG6clDeE&offerid=27778.457218465&type=10&subid=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-n5350-memory-needed-and-advise-on-display.396641/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi I just upgraded my CPU with the P GHz -bit processor MSI motherboard MB x DDR ram filling all the slots of dual channel and the Bigwater SE for the cooling system The things that remains the reading advise alarming is the in state..Need voltage My memory same is the prev P casing with a W of power supply I also have fans in the casing and also been using the GeForce FX -bit MB DDR In terms of temperature guess it s ok But when I open my PC the PC monitor software Core Cell always sound the alarm because the memory voltage reaches V I was wondering how come this happens since I didn t change any configurations I didn t do any overclocking and all the RAM s that I use are with the same clock speed and same voltage which is V Would really appreciate if any of you erxperts out there to give the advise on this whether the memory voltage does give an impact later on or is it cause by insufficient power supply or something else Need help mayday mayday nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-memory-voltage-reading-is-in-the-alarming-state-need-advise.39849/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all sorry if this is a bit much but i figuerd id do it all in one. firstly I would like to no if this is normal and if so is there a way i can use less memory. Currently Task Manager reports that 1.18GB is being used and I am not sure what Processes or services i can terminate to reduce memory usage.
The other thing is i Recently installed a new GPU 7970 and im getting issues with my BSOD along with my BIOS being overscaned and dont seem to be getting the desierd FPS i thought i would be getting with this card...I don't no if this is down to another component in need of an upgrade but If anyone can advise me about my system or if it needs another upgrade I would be thank full. You can see my system spec on my profile page.thank you

A:memory reports using 1.15GB (taskmanger)+BSOD prob+system spec advise

Quote: Originally Posted by domfather

Hello all sorry if this is a bit much but i figuerd id do it all in one. firstly I would like to no if this is normal and if so is there a way i can use less memory. Currently Task Manager reports that 1.18GB is being used and I am not sure what Processes or services i can terminate to reduce memory usage.
The other thing is i Recently installed a new GPU 7970 and im getting issues with my BSOD along with my BIOS being overscaned and dont seem to be getting the desierd FPS i thought i would be getting with this card...I don't no if this is down to another component in need of an upgrade but If anyone can advise me about my system or if it needs another upgrade I would be thank full. You can see my system spec on my profile page.thank you

Hi -- Welcome to SevenForums. According to your specs, you only have 2 GB of RAM installed. Having 1.18 usable would be about right. Some of it is used on your Video Card and a few other things. Since you have a 64-bit system, you can install more RAM and increase the speed of your PC quite a bit. You should have at least 4 GB installed. If you do get more, it needs to match what you have. Don't just buy 2 GB more and stick it in because that would cause more problems. Since RAM is fairly cheap these days, it might be good to buy all new RAM. == Have you tried putting in your old video card and seeing how your PC operates? That will give you something to go on. Do that and get back with us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/255323-memory-reports-using-1-15gb-taskmanger-bsod-prob-system-spec-advise.html
Relevancy 45.15%

When my purchase order of a new Windows 7 OEM Home premium arrives, I would like to format my wife's computer, which has Windows 8 on it, and then install Windows 7. 

After I format the computer that has Win8 on it, is it as simple and just poppping in the Windows 7 disk and following the prompts to install?  Or are there any other steps that I need to take before I do this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:Need advise: Installing a fresh install of Windows 7 from Windows 8

From what I see...any version denoted as "Windows 7 OEM Home Premium" may be an illegal .iso file of Win 7.  Win 7 Home Premium System Builders is the legal, purchased version of Win 7.

Assuming that you have a legal version with legal key...you don't need to format before entering the Win 7 DVD...deleting current partitions, formatting, installing processes are all included in the Win 7 setup/install routine.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492115/need-advise-installing-a-fresh-install-of-windows-7-from-windows-8/
Relevancy 41.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor AMD Sempron tm Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC IVY Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled Purchased pny gb ddr pc - memory stick on advice from staple for this computer Noticed this computer has memory slots can I remove one and add the new memory installing to increase memory or do i need to replace both slots If I can use this memory stick which slot do i remove old memory from Just trying to ressurect my sons older computer which is slow and low on memory just for them to use This computer is only capable of adding the gb i believe Any advice on how to save this computer would be appreciated Tanks tam nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I currently have a memory stick from an older Compaq Presario and I m trying to put it in a Dell I must be a complete moron because I can t get the stick in Yes I m a noob at this I flipped the white buckles and slid the stick in but I could not get it go all the way in It keeps quot see-sawing quot I installing memory feel stupid Someone who knows about memory please read this thread laugh at me and then tell me what stupid thing I m doing wrong For now I feel shot down and I don t have enough balls to try anything else without assurances possible theories occured to me I put it in upside down How do you know Do you just try both ways Something is already in the slot installing memory and I have to remove it first The memory doesn t fit because it s uncompatible I don t installing memory know if it will even work when I put it in help I m stupid Maybe you can save me the trouble altogether and tell me some bad news like the memory is incompatible Will the memory even work on my machine The specs are below ---The Dell years old currently has ONE stick of memory and one slot free The stick in the dell is MB DDR SDRAM ---The memory from the Compaq years old is MB MHz CL The sticker also says Hyundai Korea PC U- - Hym v At -H AA The specs receipt for the Dell is here if it helps http www geocities com changayhouston junk dell html -inane nbsp

A:installing memory

The memory you are trying to put in is incompatable, both physically and electrically.

There is a locating slot that doesnt line up, to stop you trying to do the very thing you are doing (and it works!)

DDR RAM and SD RAM dont mix, the PC would die horribly if you could fit the 133 SD stick in (the DDR is probably 266 or 333 MHz, the older stuff only 133 MHz)

Its possible that permanent damage could even occur if you managed to get it to fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.188407/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everybody :

I have a Gigabyte DS3H Motherboard. And I want to install new memory chips. According to the manual, I SHOULD install two chips (in two slots) to be able to activate the "Dual Channel " function.
NOTE : I'm running Window 7 32-bit.
With 32-bit Windows, the OS will only recognize 3 Gb maximum.
My question is.....can I use just one 4Gb Memory module instead of two 2Gb Modules ? The reason I ask is that most of the memory modules sold now start at 4Gb.

Thanks,
garystan

Relevancy 41.71%

Need to install more RAM. Told I have to install in pairs; if I have 96MB then have to add 96MB more and so on. I have a Compaq Presario, an old one. I think this is the model # (3D95CLX4W183). This was also on back of computer:
Series CMO900
Input
Hz 50-60
A 6/3
V 100-120V
200-240

Can you tell me exactly what kind of RAM to ask for when I go to the parts store. I trust you guys more than I would a salesman. They just want a bigger commission.
Thanks

Relevancy 41.71%

I'll be installing two new memory cards plus an extra parallel port in my Compaq Presario 5461.

What I need to know is:

Once I install the memory cards, then do I have to do something about "Hi Mem" ??? If so, what do I do?

If not, then will the OS (Win 98 v2) just recognize the new memory and accommodate it with no initial commands on my part?

When I install the second parallel port, do I need to give the system any commands in order for it to recognize the new port?? If so, then what do I do?

Thanx.

A:Installing memory

The memory chips will be detected automatically. Make sure that you have discharge any possible static you may have built up by touching the metal frame of the computer or better yet use a static wrist strap. Tiny amounts of static,less than you could feel, can destroy mem chips. The chips should be installed next to the ones already there, no open socket between.
The port may or may not be found automatically. If not, you may need to go into cmos setup program to turn on the port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.36624/
Relevancy 41.71%

I want to upgrade my memory, but I thought I'd better ask for some advice first before I do this since it will be my first time. I already have 32 MB of Sdram and I have one more slot open for another stick of memory. Is it possible to put a 64MB stick of memory in that slot or will I have to forget about 64MB and go with another stick of 32MB? I've read some about memory banking but I have forgotten. I will appreciate any comments, thanks----Dale

[This message has been edited by Dale_S (edited 05-12-2000).]

You should be able to put any size stick in the free slot. Guess I should expand a little on this. Some motherboards are touchy about size and slot location but in general you should not have a problem adding a 64 along side the 32, worse that could happen is you would need to put the 32 in the open slot and the new stick where the 32 is now, but probably not. Newer motherboards will darn near accept anything, using a 128 with a 32 in the other machine.

[This message has been edited by brianF (edited 05-12-2000).]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.32899/
Relevancy 41.71%

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. Thanks

A:Installing more memory

circusboy01 said:

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. ThanksClick to expand...

Don't know if this will help, but hopefully it will http://www.wikihow.com/Install-RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-more-memory.193227/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an HP Pavilion u401cl it has four Memory Slots. Two of the four slots have 256 ddr400 184 pin memory in them. I took them out and put a 1gig 184 pin ddr400 in but the computer doesnt start. Is one stick of 1gig ram compatable or do I need to put in two sticks of 512.

A:Installing Memory

thats interesting because it states that u have 2 available memory slots with a 1gb max (2x512's)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=en&cc=us&dlc=pt&product=396647&printable=no

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.561188/
Relevancy 41.71%

Assistance please, Techies!!
I just bought 2 128mb PC-100 Samsung chips for my Gateway Performance 700, and thought instructions came with to install...WRONG! Can anyone assist, either here or e-mailing me instructions?
Thanks so much, Steve

Relevancy 41.71%

hi, i bought a memory upgrade today, and am clueless as to how to install it lol.

i have a compaq presario 5000 series- i dont even know if waht i bought is appropriate for my computer

it is a kingston technology value ram memory upgrade module kvr-pc 2100 ddr/256.

please let me know what i should do. thanks soooo much!!

A:help- installing memory?? thanks so much!!

Turn off the power, open the case and install it in the appropriate memory slot. If you used their online memory configurator it should work just fine. All the memory is keyed so it will only go in one way and should snap into it's slot and lock in with the retaining clips.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-memory-thanks-so-much.183242/
Relevancy 41.71%

I hope that I m explaining this correctly I apologize if its not correct I have a Dell Xps desktop computer that had x gig Installing New Memory sticks of memory at MHz Kingston I just added an additional x gig sticks of memory at MHz Crucial When checking to see if all is okay and its showing in my system I find that in my BIOS its reading as MHz and not MHz Would this be because I m not using the same brand of memory I did run a CPUID scan to find that there is a slight difference in the specs the voltage remains the same at v The frequency does vary In the Crucial memory the frequency is MHz MHz and MHz The Kingston s frequency is MHz MHz and MHz Is this enough to cause my computer not to Installing New Memory read the memory properly because they re not exactly identical Thank you for any help in this area for I am truly lost nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

Hey TG,
Just curious, is there a particular type of memory I should install on a particular computer? I have 128, but my resources are low and instead of having 'puter crash, I was thinking installing memory would do the trick. I'm seeing all sorts of different memory sticks for sale but not sure which is right........can you give me a clue?
Also, to install......is there an old post that would give me the how-to's?

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows 98
OS Service Pack None
Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106 (IE 6.0 SP1)
Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium II, 400 MHz (4 x 100)
Motherboard Name Dell Computer Corp. OptiPlex GX1 400MTbr+
Motherboard Chipset Intel 82440BX/ZX
System Memory 28 MB (PC100 ECC SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (08/01/01)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Thanks in advance.

go curcial to look up the correct memory for your system. Being you have 100mhz ECC installed now I would get the same type as not to mix and match.

Low resources however are not a symptom of insufficent memory installed thought, but more of two many programs running at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.152176/
Relevancy 41.71%

i have a 512 MB DDR PC 400 ram and i wanna buy another one ..my question is would any one work with this one or it should be exactly like it or what? thanx in advance

Relevancy 41.71%

When I built my PC the memory I chose was 2.1V but the motherboard is 1.8V. I increased the voltage but have occasional memory errors so I have purchased a 1.8V set. My question is should I decrease the voltage before installing the new memory or just wait for the first boot and then enter the BIOS.

A:Installing new memory

This totally depends on the memory type. You haven't mentioned the memory make, speed or type at all, have you. Most motherboards will detect the memory type and set the speed/voltage automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-memory.130222/
Relevancy 41.71%

When installing memory chips, there are a couple of details I would like to see in writing.

If two chips are of different size, does it matter which order they are installed in the slots?

Is it better to use one big chip, say 512, or two smaller chips, like two 256es?

This would help others as well.

A:Installing memory

Doesn't make any difference, the CPU will address the memory in the same manner at the same addresses regardless of the slot it is in or whether or not you split it up. The biggest difference is the type and speed of the memory you are installing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory.84567/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi everyone.

I wanted to install more memory to one of my older computers, because the memory is only 128mb.

I have installed PCI cards in the past, and I am not a total newbie to computers.

My question is: How hard is it to install memory? Could someone tell me how to do it or where I can find instruction on how?

And if I already have 128mb memory and I add more memory, will I have to remove the 128 or do I add on to it? (Like if I buy 128 I will have 256)

Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Dell computer running Windows XP Home SP2. The documentation I have says to install memory in equals pairs. My machine currently has 2 256Mb memory cards installed in DIMM connectors 1 and 2. I just received a 512 Mb card from a friend but wondered what will happen if I install it in DIMM connector 3 leaving DIMM 4 empty. Will I get the full benefit of an additional 512Mb of memory or will windows XP even recognize it?

A:Installing memory with Win XP

Quote:

The documentation I have says to install memory in equals pairs.

= you need another 512 dimm but I would put the 512 modules in 1 + 2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/installing-memory-with-win-xp-78540.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So I originally had an older GPU forgot the model but it installing since memory and new ever Problems GPU was NVIDIA everything worked fine After installing it my PC starts most of the time however sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore I have a Samsung GB SSD as well as a HDD I keep wondering if it Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU may be because of my PowerSupply its a ThermalTake Tr w What information should I supply The overall problem when I boot my PC it sits at the Asus press f to enter bios etc however before I installed my new GPU and new Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU Memory it was never giving me these problems I've had so many weird problems since this installation At first the computer would power on then power off and then Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU back on again before it loaded windows now that doesn't happen and now my PC just sits at the BIOS for a long time before loading into windows Othertimes only happened about times now it will load up to windows and show a blinking underscore and it will do nothing but sit there with that underscore Anyone know anything about this Am I posting in the right section

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47789-problems-ever-since-installing-new-memory-gpu.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Working on dell dimension 4400,reinstalling xp.Computer only had 128 meg of Nanya DDR PC 2100 CL2.Put in a stick of kingston 256 pc 3200 CL3 I had on hand and It runs fine with that.Debating on if i should try to install original stick of memory along side with the new kingston or just call it good.Smoked a MB one time installing wrong memory so I am a little gunshy.I feel worse case is that it wont run properely but wanted some feedback.

Relevancy 41.28%

My neighbor wants me to install mb memory in her compaq WV compaq computer I believe it has mhz processor and Compaq Memory Installing on this is what i found on compaq site what ones would you recommend and does it seem ok Installing Memory on Compaq to add that amount She s got mb now and winxp running on dsl it is very sluggish Use our powerful Memory Configurator to get the right upgrade the first time for your computer Manufacturer Compaq Model Presario Series Model WV Maximum Memory MB Standard Memory MB removable Number of Slots banks of Notes Module Size Module Type Manufacturer Price More Info MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq MB SDRAM PC Compaq Due to timing issues please verify the price that appears in the shopping cart If any discrepancies occur the price that appears in the shopping cart will be the valid price Thanks in advance Bob nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

I recently bought 215MB of PC133 SD RAM to add onto my 128MB and 32MB Sticks. With all three installed, my system is only picking up the 256 and the 32 (288 Total). I have tried moved the RAM into different slots a few times now, and am coming up with the same result.

Does anyone know what could be causing this to happen? I know all of the slots are good, and the 128MB Stick worked fine before.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

A:Question about installing memory

actually, whats probably happening is that its picking up the 128 and the 64 correctly but only registering half the 256.

verify this by booting with only the 256 installed.
This happens because either your MB doesnt support a stick of ram that big or it doesnt support high density ram.

Post the make/model of your motherboard and we can find out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-installing-memory.110156/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm looking to add a memory card to my father's laptop and need a little help. I've got a lot of desktop experience but NO laptop hardware experience. Where the hell does it go?? I can't figure it out.

He has a Dell Inspiron 4100 laptop. Is there anything I should know before I add it?? I know it's a piece of cake on desktops but how about laptops? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Relevancy 41.28%

My moms work is doing some remodeling and they are tossing an old compaq desktop.
It has a stick of ram in it and I was just wondering if I could use it in my HP Desktop for more ram.
I know there are certain types that work best with certain computers and that is why I came here because I don't want to mess anything up.
It has a sticker that reads

Samsung
KR
PC3200U-30331-Z
M368L3223FTN-CCC
256MB DDR PC3200 CL3

My computer info: Windows XP home edition with SP3. HP Pavilion Intel? Celeron? CPUGHz 2.69 GHz 504 MB RAM
Currently I have a 512 DDR PC2700

I ran a scan on Crucial and it says that for my computer "Each memory slot can hold DDR PC2700, DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 512MB per slot.*
*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory."

A:Question about installing RAM/Memory

It's the proper type of ram but mixing different speeds and sizes can cause problems on some systems. You can still find cheap DDR ram if you buy used or new for about $17.00 for another 512MB.

Do you currently have just a single stick of memory in the system?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/question-about-installing-ram-memory-642620.html
Relevancy 41.28%

So I originally had an older GPU forgot the model but it was NVIDIA everything worked fine After installing it my PC starts since Problems GPU ever installing memory new and most of the time however sometimes it will just sit there with a blinking underscore I have a Samsung GB Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU SSD as well as a HDD I keep wondering if it may be because of my PowerSupply its a ThermalTake Tr w What information should I supply The overall problem when I boot my PC it sits at the Asus press f to enter bios etc however before I installed my new GPU and new Memory it was never giving me these problems I've had so many weird problems since this installation At first the computer would power on then Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU power off and then back on again before it loaded windows now that doesn't happen and now my PC just sits at the BIOS for a long time before loading into windows Problems ever since installing new memory and GPU Othertimes only happened about times now it will load up to windows and show a blinking underscore and it will do nothing but sit there with that underscore Anyone know anything about this Am I posting in the right section

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/47789-problems-ever-since-installing-new-memory-gpu.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I am replacing an old Dell system with a new one in a few days. I want to add my 64 RAM card from the old machine to the new machine and install the old machine's DVD Rom drive as well. Is there a website where I can get information on doing this myself?

I know just enough to be very dangerous and want to make sure it's done properly.

Cheers....

A:Installing memory and DVD Rom Drive

The RAM may not be compatible with your new system.. I DO NOT recommend that you do this your self, once you open your new system up that will void any warranty.... also the RAM in a computer is very easy to kill, the slightest bit of static elecrity can kill off the RAM. Once again, if you don't know what you are doing DO NOT do it, get a professional to do it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory-and-dvd-rom-drive.45545/
Relevancy 41.28%

Here's one for you...
I originally had 2x 256M ram installed on my system and decided I'd like to bump it up to 1G so I purchased a Kingston 512M stick to install in the 3rd slot- it's an AD77 mobo so it only has the 3 slots. The 3 sticks are all PC3200 400DDR. However, now the cpu freezes on the windows xp welcome screen. So I took one of the 256M sticks out and it loads up fine. It also reads there is 768M ram on the system. I've tried putting the sticks in different combinations using the 3 slots but it only ever works if there are 2 sticks installed- adding the 3rd causes it to freeze. The system should support up to 2G ram so I don't know whats going on! Hope someone can help!!!

A:trouble installing memory

Check in your bios the memory timing for your ram. The new ram may not run with the same cas settings as the old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-memory.42223/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi all i recently bought some OCZ DDR to upgrade my machine a bit i had a BSOD installing new memory after SAITEC MB DDR and bought MB OCZ DDR all CL to add to it the first new stick i got i put in and when i booted BSOD after installing new memory up i got a IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSOD with an ati file listed so i reinstalled my gfx driver which seemed to solve the BSOD after installing new memory problem so my other stick arrives a few days later put that in and the computer wont boot at all i solved that by lowering the memory FSB to my motherboards cpu FSB is and i have a FSB athlon xp cpu however if i try to launch system mechanic it just gives a BSOD which it never with the SAITEC and the first OCZ stick also i tried defragging last night and when i looked this morning defragger had closed itself so i checked the date of the latest dmp and it was am so i think it BSOD ed in the night and rebooted if i put the OCZ sticks in it seems ok if i put OCZ and SAITEC it seems ok but if i put in that third memory bank it doesnt seem to like it which makes me think i can only use DDR in the first slots before having to lower the speed on the BIOS so the obvious answer would be to either use gig or gig at however now im getting a BSOD with system mechanic with either combo iv searched up and down looking for a solution any got any ideas iv attached the last dmps and my system spec is this MSI KT V motherboard x OCZ DR CL MB RAM x SAITEC DDR CL MB RAM Athlon XP CPU Radeon SE MB SB Audigy Platinum eX Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD after installing new memory

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Don`t mix speeds/brands/sizes of ram. It causes lots of problems.

See Tedsters ram sticky HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

P.s I forgot to add. Your minidumps are crashing due to ram problems, but I guess you already know that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-installing-new-memory.47565/
Relevancy 41.28%

I cant install the module

Any hints?

the mobo is bending if i push too hard.

Relevancy 41.28%

I am attempting to re-install the memory on my Dell Optiplex GX110 after removing it to see what kind it was and which DIMM and which amount to consider the possibility of an upgrade. It came out quite easily; simply opening the tabs pushed it out.

I can't, however, get it back in. I can fit it into the slot, but it won't go down, even when I push the tabs down while pressing on the memory. At first I discovered this was because I had it in reversed, but now the notches match up and it doesn't go any further. What am I missing here? What is the proper procedure for installing memory on an Optiplex GX110?

Thanks,
Jacob

A:Installing Memory on a GX110

I found my solution elsewhere...

I had to push each end of the DIMM in separately and it went right in with no problems. I'm writing from the machine right now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory-on-a-gx110.616123/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have 2 1024MB sticks that I wish to install.

Here's some info on my system:

Free space 118 GB
Used space 25.7 GB
Dell Dimension DV051 E310
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz 504 MB RAM

Running XP SP3
The instruction tell me to select a empty memory socket. Don't I have to remove the sticks that I'm replacing first?

A:Installing memory sticks

titleman said:

I have 2 1024MB sticks that I wish to install.

Here's some info on my system:

Free space 118 GB
Used space 25.7 GB
Dell Dimension DV051 E310
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz 504 MB RAM

Running XP SP3
The instruction tell me to select a empty memory socket. Don't I have to remove the sticks that I'm replacing first?Click to expand...

Ground your hands to the metal case then push on the locking tabs at either end of your existing RAM and move them outwards away from the RAM.

Pull out the existing sticks then make sure you align the notch in your new memory with the proper place in the socket.

Now firmly and evenly push the memory stick down and if you push far enough the locking tabs will come up and lock again.

Don't touch the contact part of your memory with your hands.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory-sticks.816310/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Emachine 120 with 64mb of memory in it. I have tried to go onto Broadband but it said I needed 124mb free memory so I have bought 128mb of memory and placed it inside the pc but now when i try and run the Broadband install disk ( or any other disc) it either hangs the pc or reboots it. It is the same when I try and use the internet to (still on my old dial up connection) If I remove the memory everything works again. Any ideas please?

A:Installing extra memory

I hope the memory you paid for is PC100 SDRAM and the computer will only hold 128 MB max per stick X2 sticks,for your info.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-extra-memory.491798/
Relevancy 41.28%

I have Windows XP Pro. I have 2 PCI slots, one containing 120 mb and the other containing 256 mb giving me a total of 394 mb of memory. I bought 3 different sticks of 256 mb (due to I thought ram was bad, but its not.). I looked in Bios and it shows 2 sticks of 256 ram giving a total of 512 mb, BUT I had to take the new ram out due to when I would turn pc on a black screen would come up and I would select "start windows normally" and all that did was just keep rebooting. I have tried doing a bios update but unable due to when I put in the command on the command prompt it came back saying bad command.
Is there something in the bios that might need to be checked or unchecked? I just don't know what to do. Please help and any and all help is deeply appreciated.

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have a hp pavilion t uk that came with gb of Dimm memory The motherboard has four memory slots two of these slots have two mb memory modules in them The pavilion is capable of taking up to gb of memory I purchased single gb memory module and tried to plug that into the rd memory slot closest to the two installed memory modules as per the manual installing memory PC Crashes after When I booted the pc it got past PC Crashes after installing memory the login screen started loading then crashed After a lot of playing around it seems the module I just purchased works fine on its own in the first slot I then added one of the mb module to the second slot and system remained stable no problem So the system is stable and working with gbs of memory the new gb in the first slot and one of the original mb modules PC Crashes after installing memory in the second PC Crashes after installing memory Whatever way I configure the memory as soon as I put a module in the rd or th slot the pc crashes after the windows login process Any ideas Thanks Michael nbsp

A:PC Crashes after installing memory

It would be wiser to test the memory rather then booting Windows as you can seriously corrupt your Windows installation. I'd recommend using Memtest86+: http://www.memtest.org/

The new stick may not be compatible, did you check on any Memory manufacturer's site's to see if they recommend it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashes-after-installing-memory.532540/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I took my Dell Latitude D in for repair Win XP Pro SP OS just updated before RAM burned out amp it wouldn t boot Repair tech replaced the fan and the memory chip next to it then added another GB of memory Since I ve had it home I ve experienced IE and Chrome crashing repeatedly I ve rebooted amp used F to try to get into setup and it continues to boot without letting me in First Boot Received a ckdsk Bad after new startups memory installing warning and ran scan Received following error during stage step Deleted Bad startups after installing new memory corrupt attribute list entry with type code ini file Deleting corrupt attribute record quot quot from file record segment msconfig exe up automatically Checked all selections amp looked good Closed it Bad startups after installing new memory after selecting not to see it again IE and Chrome crashing Silverlight crashing cannot load websites windows audio services and driver support not running in services they are automatic rebooted again Second boot used Shut Down then started fresh No error during startup but still would not let me in using F key Repeated crashes and failure to load websites after repeated tries Donwloaded hijackthis and installed but failure when attempting to use it led to blue screen error Stop x E XC - XBF BD XA DC x WIN K SYS Address BF BD base at BF Used power button to shut down and start up again No errors and I am so far able to use IE Ran HijackThis exe successfully and have a log if anyone has time to look at it Please Thanks Kaymee

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336324/bad-startups-after-installing-new-memory/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I have an HP Pavllion Media Center PC. It has 3072 RAM 640GB Hard Drive, Also AMD Phenom Quad Core Processor and OS is Vista Home Premium SP1. I want to install more memory but really dont know anything about it. I have heard you should install 2 equal memory when installing, With a Quad core processor would that mean 4? Any recommendations on type, size, brand etc.? Thankyou

A:Advice On Installing Memory Please

that is bullcrap about the matching processor amount...all you need to do is research what type of memory your motherboard can take, and how much...for example:
-My mobo can handle up to 2gb of SDRAM pc133 168 pin memory
-First start out with how much you want....I can use 1GB, easily because I know whaqt program I have running at all times, and always disable extra crap like kodak phto center and stuff like that....if you arn't really concious about how much memory you are using, I would go for 2GB, maybe 3....
-Then you have to make sure your motherboard supports this kind....(there are a few ways you can go about finding the product name of your mobo...eitehr take off the cover of your case, and look for a big printed on the board code, mine is D845HV...you can google what comes stock in a certain kind of computer...or you could search for a motherboard information program that will tell you everything that you need to know about specifying it....)
-One you know how much you want, and how much you can support, you can go about finding what kind you support...you can usually find this with how much you can support, as it will probably be in the form that I gave you in my example....
-Once you know how much, and what kind, shop around for the overall lowest price....
-High density ram is cheaper, but is very dense on the load that it carries, making it run a bit slower sometimes...also motherboards cannot always handle high density ram so check...
-Low density Ram is going to take up more room (slots), which can be vital if you have only 3 slots like me...Alot have 4+
-Vista also supports using a flash drive as Ram, although it is usually significantly slower, it can still work towards keeping a program stable (keeping your system from freezing up)
-To use a flash drive as Ram, plug it into a 2.0 usb port, wait for auto play, and at the bottom there will be an option called Readyboost, click on it, and select how much of the drive you would like to use as *Virtual ram*...This is then unaccessable for file use, but can be very helpful when running large programs all at once, or keeping those quick launch icons (the kodak and other crap) running without using up valuable system RAM
Hope this helps

BTW, if you are running 3 GB of ram, and still slow, think about going to start=>and in search type msconfig...it will bring up a utility manager, and you should go to the bootup tab, and disable all of the useless programs automatically started at startup

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162593/advice-on-installing-memory-please/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi. Recently I got a Toshiba NB305 from an Uncle of mine, and it came with Windows 7 starter. I decided to upgrade it to Ultimate, seeing as I have the CD. I copied the contents of the CD to a flash and transferred it to the Toshiba. When I opened the setup.exe, a small window popped out and gave a prompt for a split second. I had to take a screenshot to get what the prompt was. It was 'Program too big to fit in memory'. I've tried stopping some processes that weren't necessary in order to free up computer memory usage but it didn't work.
I really want to get this OS up to Ultimate, any help please? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 41.28%

I have an AMD athlon MP 1800 PC2100(133MHZ), socket A (462) chipset set is SIS 762main board is manufactured by ECS MODEL M830LR I have 2 sticks of 256 DDR memory, I purchased 2 512 sticks of DDR memory, manufactured by kingston, I installed them but the monitor would not come on it would only stay in the standby mode, but the computer powered up normally, what is the procedure for installing new memory, do you have to do anything to the bios, the maximum memory I can install is 1 GIG, any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 40.85%

Hi,

This problem has been driving me crazy for some time now and I can't find any solutions anywhere.

It is a new build and it runs fine with 2Gb of memory installed, but as soon as i insert a second memory stick it goes through BIOS and 2-5 seconds of the Windows Logo before a bluescreen flashes by and the screen goes black.
It will reboot and perform a Windows repair but with the same result.

Same thing happens if I install my graphics card.

Any help would be highly appreciated, since running on 2Gb of memory and on-board graphics isn't my plan

Regards,
Lamox

A:New build, BSOD when installing more than 2Gb of memory

Welcome
Your post, itself, hints at the problem as do your reports

Run for 8 passes.
Then test each stick in a good slot for 6 passes.
If you have dual channel, the results may be incorrect, if shows pass.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248469-new-build-bsod-when-installing-more-than-2gb-memory.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi, so recently I upgraded my ram from 8 gb to 16. I've been getting some crashes after this and it only happens when im browsing never when im gaming.

My specs are:

Motherboard: P8P67 DELUXE ASusTEk
CPU: Intel (r) Core(TM) i5-2500k cpu @ 3.30 ghz
Memory: DDR 3 Vengenance LP
Graphic Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580
Sound: Nvdia High Def Audio * 2
Realtek High def Audi *1
Storage Devices: OCZ-Vertex 3 120gb SSD

If anyone needs additional details such as reports please tell me what to do, I'll be gladly to do it.

Thanks!

Regards,
Victor

A:BSOD Memory Mismanagement after installing of new ram

Welcome

Did you have problems before adding the ram?

Without the dump files we won't be able to say what's causing your system to BSOD. Follow instructions on the link below and post them.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251462-bsod-memory-mismanagement-after-installing-new-ram.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I am trying to remove the mb ram that in MacBook Installing Memory Upgrade came with my MacBook and install the x gb ram memory in its place I watched a Youtube video on this and its pretty straightforward All I have to do is remove the battery and cover unscrew screws on a metal panel covering the ram remove the old ram and install the new ram I have installed ram before on a PC The video said that the first time unscrewing the screws can be hard - very very hard I Installing Memory Upgrade in MacBook have unscrewed one screw However I have gone through monumental stress trying to unscrew the other I have been trying now for hours I have tried inserting minute dabs of WD- down the screw shafts and broken one screwdriver and applied a monumental amount of strength but the screws aren t moving even a millimeter Is there some trick to this I don t know How do I tell when hard is very very hard and too hard If all this means that Apple wants to make it so hard to even do your own upgrades that they force customers to pay Apple pros to do the upgrades I will be very very angry I think anyone who has tried to unscrew screws from a PC laptop and knows what I m talking about can help me too nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

hi people,i have just installed a 512mb memory card on my mums pc with is a packard bell imedia 1328.the memory stick i purchased was a ddr2 533 mhz (pc2-4200)but now i realise it may have been a ddr pc3200 stick i should have got,but the one i got fits in the holder ok though.would this cause the computer not to send a signal to the monitor and is there any type of difference in the two memory sticks i have mentioned?thanks for your help

A:cannot get display on screen after installing new memory

Memory types PC2-3200 and PC2-4200 are both 240pin memory cards. They have the same pinout. You can use one for the other, but using the faster one may not actually run faster if the motherboard can not utilize the extra speed OR IF you are concurrently using the mix of slower memory with the faster memory.

As far as I can tell (looking at PB's website), it looks like your computer can use just a single or both (there appear to be only two memory slots) at the time.

Besides, if you had the "other" PC3200" memory, a 184 pin memory card, it just should not fit. So, I am pretty sure that your memory appears to be the correct pinout.

As for your question: "would this cause the computer not to send a signal to the monitor"
Perhaps, if the memory card is bad.

Put your old memory card back in, all by itself. If it works, whereas just having the new memory card in, by itself, does not work; I would then guess the new memory card is bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-get-display-on-screen-after-installing-new-memory.609579/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I ve recently purchased a kit of Corsair Vengeance GB initially an upgrade to replace my old Kingston HyperX GB Now i m thinking that maybe I can use them all on my motherboard but I don t know how to properly configure them My of memory. & 2 Condiguring Installing types motherboard X- A-UD R rev New GB Kit Corsair Vengeance GB Old GB Kit Kingston HyperX GB When I bought my new RAM i tried to find something that was working with XMP Intel s Extreme Memory Profile so both of those Installing & Condiguring 2 types of memory. memory types have XMP but when I plug them in both and check the voltages and timings they don t match to the spec sheets The timings are - - - and the voltages are v and v the channel and rank interleave are and What do you recommend EDIT If Installing & Condiguring 2 types of memory. I plug them in separatly then the timings change to the lowest - - - I know that if you plug in different types of RAM the timings stay at the lowest of all but I m concerned about the voltages and wether its better to just run the corsair at - - - or all of them at - - - nbsp

A:Installing & Condiguring 2 types of memory.

both brands need to be rated rated to run at the same voltage

these are not

just run the corsair

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-condiguring-2-types-of-memory.1078941/
Relevancy 40.85%

i SURE AM A SLOW LEARNER- (ALOS DYSLEXIC-DOESNT HELP!)
HAVE COMPAQ 12XL125 LAPTOP AND NEED MORE MEMORY TO RUN MY EXTRAS LIKE CD-WRITER AND PROGRAMS-
BOUGHT 128MB (HIGHEST) MEMORY BOARD DIRECT FROM COMPAQ-
WARNING CAME IN PACKAGE SAYING TO DOWNLOAD ALL DATA BEFORE INSTALL JUST INCASE- WELL, IS IT 'JUST INCASE'?
OR, DO i HAVE TO- THERE IS TOO MUCH AND iM HAVING TROUBLE W/ A DRIVE-FLOPPIES, AND CD-WRITER NEEDS THAT MEMORY- CAN I JUST STICK THAT BOARD IN SLOT AND GO? WILL I DEFINATELY LOSE DATA? AND IF SO ALL, OR MOSTLY WHAT?
i KNOW I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND BE CAREFUL OF SHOCK- BUT HOPEFULLY THAT'S IT-
THE SOONER THE BETTER SO I CAN GET ONTO MAKING BACK-UPS AS i HAVE ALREADY HAD ONE PREVIOUS FAILURE LOSING ALL MY WRITINGS AND PICTURES- VERY SAD!

THANKS SO MUCH!
-RAVAGEDSUMMER

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello all, desperate for some help here (my idea of technical is my sewing machine so please go easy on me) I have a dell studio laptop 1555-7380 and want to boost the memory which i think can go up to 8GB. I believe i need a DDR3 (didn't he used to be in star wars?) Could you please tell me if my laptop has one or two slots for this and more importantly how i put one in. Thanks in advance

Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,

I want to install another stick of memory to my friends laptop. I have done this on a desktop pc, but never a laptop, and I do not even know how to find out where the stick is to go, or how I am supposed to get the laptop open to find where it goes. I need some help. Can anyone direct me? Thanks much!

A:help installing memory stick to laptop.?

It is usually located near the laptop battery with a lid with a screw in it.

You can find the right memory for your laptop from crucial.com.

If you download the enterprise version of Aida32, you can find out what kind of RAM and how much is currently installed in your computer.

If you order the memory from Crucial, they usually give you very good instructions as to how to install the memory (I've done it myself).

Just make sure you're using an antistatic wrist strap when doing so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-installing-memory-stick-to-laptop.191477/
Relevancy 40.85%

I'll soon be installing 2 additional memory chips, an extra parallel port and a second hard drive in my Compaq Presario 5461 with Win98-v2 OS. I want to do this all at the same time.

I've read that whenever something like that is done, I should back up everything, and make note of all my BIOS settings BEFORE I even open up the tower to install the new components.

Is this true?

Where do I find and record the BIOS settings for my Compaq??

A:Installing Memory and Hard Drive

When you bootup your computer, it'll usually say something like "Hit DEL to enter Setup" during the RAM count. This would be the BIOS. As for whther to backup, yes!!!!!!! There's a good chance a screwup will happen, whether your fault or not.

------------------
Just remember, i could be wrong.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-memory-and-hard-drive.33478/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello I have bought quite a lot of those memory sticks/cards that connect via USB , and you can then save your files etc on them. However every time I plug a new one into my computer - I have to then go through an automatic process of connecting online to search for new updates. I would think that it should know what to do once I have installed the driver for the first card.

It is only everytime I use a card for the very first time - but it does seem a bit of a hassle. Is it correct that my computer is doing this?

Thank you very much.

Relevancy 40.85%

My motherboard is a Z77 Asrok Extreme 6.

It has four dimm slots. I have One kit of 8 gigabyte memory from Gskill that is DDR3. 'dual channel' (11-11-11-28) PC 2133.

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?

Here is another better question. What if I buy the exact same memory from Gskill and drop them in as well? So I have two kits of dual channel 8 gig ram for a total of 16 gigs. Both kits would be same type/speed and latency. Will this work or do I need to use 'quad channel'?

Edited for spelling.

A:Question about installing memory modules

Larsenex said:

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?Click to expand...

I'm thinking that different timings will cause issues with Dual Channel functionality. I'm also thinking that Dual Channel only functions if all modules can operate in dual mode. If you are not planning on operating in Dual Channel mode, I don't think it matters. However the modules should operate with the same timing, if they are to be linked together.

Anyway without actually knowing for sure, those are my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-installing-memory-modules.196451/
Relevancy 40.85%

Can I put a PC-133 memory card in my computer that takes
DDR2 240-PIN DIMM 64x64
Speed Description
PC2-5300 / 667 MHz Non-ECC, Unbuffered Units
?

A:Installing older memory card

No, not unless you use a large hammer and have no expectation of the PC running again.

They are different pin format and vastly different speeds. The RAM would not actually fit.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-older-memory-card.624747/
Relevancy 40.85%

I used to have DDR cards installed in the computer today I bought a new GB card So I tought that I could use the of Computer memory.:S more beeps installing when them and have GB BUT whenever I put any of those cards in the middle slot for RAM the computer doesnt start up and it beeps continuosly Ive tried all combinations possible using the cards like putting the gb card in the last slot and a card in the middle one two in Computer beeps when installing more memory.:S the first two slots and the gb one in the last one but it doesnt work in anyway if i place any card in the middle slot Ive searched in the internet and some people say that it is a K RAM problem or something like that but they dont give a solution for the problem Anyone that could help me with this problem please Thanks in advance PS Ive switched around the cards and im currently using the computer with the gb card and one of the cards and all of them work fine the problem only happens if I place one of them in the slot on the middle nbsp

A:Computer beeps when installing more memory.:S

Can anyone help me please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-beeps-when-installing-more-memory-s.77803/
Relevancy 40.85%

I am trying to install more memory on a machine running Win XP. It has 3 slots with a total of 128 mb installed. Each slot can handle 256 mb, so I removed the modules from all 3slots and replaced the 1 and 2 slots with 256 each. When I turn on the machine and go to system (on control panel), it only shows 256 mb. Why? Is there something else that I need to do? I removed the module from the 1st slot, thinking that it was really the 3rd slot and put it in the empty slot and the machine only showed 128 mb, so it seems that either only 128 mb from each slot is recognized or only the first slot is recognized. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Bob

A:Solved: Installing more memory question

What type of RAM did you put in, what type does the Mobo take?

I have seen it where someone put in PC 133 in a PC100 board and had the exact problem, so lets start there.

Are all the sticks identical is my next question.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-installing-more-memory-question.417418/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi there,

I have a Satellite Z930 which has been working perfectly for years. I have recently downloaded and installed Windows 10 and as soon as I did, I keep getting Low Computer Memory warnings, the laptop runs slow and I need to shut it down and re-start it. I have installed all updates and I only ever have windows mail and (one) web browser open, yet the problem persists. I have used 75 of 103GB of storage, not sure how relevant that is.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at wits end.

Chris

A:Satellite Z930 - Low Memory after installing Windows 10

Dear Chris,
I bet for Toshiba support being able to help you it would be necessary to know the exact version of the Z930 (e.g. Z930-16K) that you have, especially how much memory (RAM) is currently installed.

Regards
Flow

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?84182-Satellite-Z930-Low-Memory-after-installing-Windows-10
Relevancy 40.42%

Runnin windows 7 64, when I install 8gb's of ram the bios will crash and wont let me reinstall via Crashfree bios3 using usb, I'm using a RAID 0 with 2 hard drives, please help, thanks

A:ASUS M2R32-MVP - can't get into bios after installing 8gb of memory

Bad ram? Try with one RAM module at a time. And if you are overclocked reset BIOS to default before you do any testing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/333000-asus-m2r32-mvp-cant-get-into-bios-after-installing-8gb-memory.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I have the aforementioned laptop, but not it's instruction manual. I also have a stick of Centon Electronics' 128 MB Laptop PC133 MemoryPower RAM. I've inserted it into the laptop whilst it was off, and booted the laptop, with all looking fine. However, a quick look into system properties says that I still have 32 MB RAM (What I started with.)

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi folks The cdrom drive on my PC driver a stick Problem installing memory from is being temperamental and won t read installation discs To get round this I have downloaded the driver for my new Dynamode Wireless Internet Adapter to my memory stick and tried the wizard from there I am using another PC to get online at the mo obviously HOWEVER if I plug the dongle in the USB port the installation wizard runs ok until I get to the prompt to locate the driver in this case the F drive I can even see the folder in the window but the darn things says it can t find the software Similarly if I run the setup from the F drive it works fine until it asks me to insert the hardware Then it says it can t locate it even tho the little balloon shows up to say new hardware detected Pleeeeease help me I know I may need a new CDrom but there must be a way to do this nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi All,

I have a problem that whenever I start copying files or install a program, my physical memory consumption goes to 100%. When I look at the resources, not process seems to be using this memory.

I've tried to disable write-cache, it helps in a way that it takes windows a little more time to consume all memory.

After the copying is done the memory is released slowly.

Thanks for helping

A:Memory consumption when copying files / installing

What antivirus are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/113617-memory-consumption-when-copying-files-installing.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I've got a Gigabyte 81845GVM-RZ mobo with a 256 MB Hynix DDR266. I just bought a Kingston 512MB DDR333 module (because it costs the same as the 256MB). Which one should I insert into the first or slot 0 to obtain the best performance and/or stability ? I guess I will be getting only a 266MHZ speed but my ram will increase to 768 MB ?

A:Installing DDR266 & DDR333 memory modules

ok so why didnt you buy the same ram as your original again?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-ddr266-ddr333-memory-modules.77746/
Relevancy 40.42%

I recently bought a copy of office 2010, and installed it on my laptop fine. however the CD drive on my other PC isn't working. The company I bought the software from told me to copy the CD onto a memory stick and run setup.exe from that. I have tried this but it is not working – the Set Up starts, runs, and then it gives error “Setup cannot find InfoPath.en-us\InfLR.cab” – and asks to browse to the location.
It is already looking in x86 directory on the stick (correct location), and I can see that the files are all there on the memory stick.
If I reselect the correct directory on memory stick, it gives error “invalid location”
Any ideas? the company i bought the software from wont provide any further assistance.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
I had to wipe my computer clean due to a virus that had embeded itself where the antivirus program couldn't reach it
Now when I try to open internet explorer it prompts me to save the application instead of simply opening a new window.
Please help!
thanks

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

The memory usage of games is more than it shows in the process list. This results in poor performance when playing. I'm a passionate gamer so this is a really big problem for me.
I tried to install my Windows on a fresh partition but the problem still persisted.
The other moment when this problem occurs is when I try to install a game directly (without a third party launcher like steam or battle.net). The installation process shows normal usage, but the memory gets up to 90% within a minute. This problem isn't very important because after the installation is finished I restart the laptop and its ok.
Hope you can help me with troubleshooting.

Process:

Memory:

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390807-memory-leak-when-installing-playing-games.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Team,
I have a custom built desktop system currently running on i3 Processor with Intel? Desktop Board DH55TC and 2 X 2GB DDR 1333 RAMs. I was earlier using Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OS but planned to upgrade the same to 64 bit OS. Along with this i also upgraded the Memory and purchased an additional 4GB DDR 1333 RAM module. I installed the new memory and the system detected it in BIOS and in the OS also till it was 32 bit OS. I then tried installing 64 OS and it would not let me do it and kept restarting. Then i just used the old memory cards and installed 64 bit OS, then installed the new Memory and it would again have the same issue. Motherboard has 4 mem slots and currently i have only populated 3 of them, is that the issue ?? Or is some kind of known issue with OS ?? Or somthing to do with Memory Voltage ??

A:Windows boot issue after installing additional Memory

Sounds like one or both of the new memory modules is defective. Return for a replacement.

Have you tried running with just the two new modules?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368893-windows-boot-issue-after-installing-additional-memory.html
Relevancy 39.99%

While installing win98 I get an error saying "physical memory dump error". I tried changing ram locations but doesn't work. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks in advance.

A:physical memory dump error while installing win98

At what point of the installation are you recieving this error?

Are you seeing a BSOD with a STOP error? If so, what is the Stop error ?(0x0000000xx)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/physical-memory-dump-error-while-installing-win98-128169.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello I've just recently purchased more memory for my computer and everything seemed to be working fine Recently I've been getting B BSOD errors and just minutes ago got one that was a E message I've been trying to figure out why it was doing this but when I look up the B message it says its a memory issue I ran memtest all night and it ran passes and received no errors so this cant be the issue right I am running a x asus mobo purchased last year I just purchased gb of corsair memory this is the max my mobo can support I don't seem to have any other issues the only thing I've been new all back comes after but passed? installing memtest memory, BSOD wondering about is if it might be a problem with my HDD but I BSOD after installing new memory, but memtest comes back all passed? don't see any other signs of hard drive damage or slow down my latest two and only two minidump files are attached and here is the windows problem BSOD after installing new memory, but memtest comes back all passed? details from the e message Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF BCP BCP FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Eric AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt any help is much appreciated I've spent a lot on this computer I just want it to work correctly

A:BSOD after installing new memory, but memtest comes back all passed?

Quote: Originally Posted by kynian

Hello, I've just recently purchased more memory for my computer and everything seemed to be working fine. Recently I've been getting 3B BSOD errors and just 5 minutes ago got one that was a 1E message. I've been trying to figure out why it was doing this, but when I look up the 3B message it says its a memory issue, I ran memtest all night and it ran 3 passes and received no errors so this cant be the issue, right?

I am running a x58 asus mobo, purchased last year. I just purchased 24 gb of corsair 1600 memory (this is the max my mobo can support).

I don't seem to have any other issues, the only thing I've been wondering about is if it might be a problem with my HDD but I don't see any other signs of hard drive damage or slow down.

my latest two (and only two) minidump files are attached.,

and here is the windows problem details from the 1e message:

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80003274142
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\093011-27140-01.dmp
C:\Users\Eric\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-89062-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

any help is much appreciated, I've spent a lot on this computer I just want it to work correctly!

The above error is a memory exceptions. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and identify which driver is at fault. I know you have rum memtest but it needs to run for at least 5-6 passes to stress it thoroughly.

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189497-bsod-after-installing-new-memory-but-memtest-comes-back-all-passed.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Howdy,

May take the plunge on setting up Vista 64 on a new drive. I have 8gb installed currently in this XP box (in anticipation of Vista 64), and so was wondering if it is critical to remove two modules before installing Vista 64. What do you know?

Noel

A:Latest recommendation on installing 8GB memory in a new Vista 64 install

As a precaution you could remove the extra sticks and then put them back when the OS is installed.
I have read a couple of post by people with errors above 2gig installed.
I dont know if ms have put out a hotfix yet but that will not apply yet as you have not installed the OS.

You can try the install with all ram in but if vista fails to install it will take longer to sort it out, than removing the two sticks in the first place.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/134681-latest-recommendation-installing-8gb-memory-new-vista-64-install.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Good day to all Can someone please assist me advance thanks I bought a PC module new &/or memory BSOD brand on after upgrading installing new PC with MSI mainboard N GT with - GB Kingston KVR D N G BSOD after upgrading &/or installing new memory module on brand new PC installed RAM GB GB HDD Everything works smooth until I read that I could upgrade memory up to GB max BTW my OS is Win Ultimate So I decided first to buy BSOD after upgrading &/or installing new memory module on brand new PC and install pcs- GB Kingston KVR D N G GB for a few days everything works fine as expected I shut it down one night and the following day restarting my PC it turned BLUE with messages and then on as often as every minutes or less it turns BSOD I asked my friends and told me to do a clean OS BSOD after upgrading &/or installing new memory module on brand new PC reinstallation and I did that but the problem persisted as if nothing changed So I did a memory diagnostic and It noted that possible hardware problem I did immediately changed and swap back my original pcs- GB memory and surprisingly until this thread writing it is ok My mainboard supports dual channel two slots only and I want to know how could I checked which one of the two GB memory modules is not working or is it safe to install only one GB memory to checked which of the two is working or both are not working Any immediate response is of great help thanks

A:BSOD after upgrading &/or installing new memory module on brand new PC

The Kingston Value Ram (KVR) is known to be marginal and not even work in some PC's. The regular Kingston memory is usually OK but none of the techies that I know will use or recommend the KVR.

Check the MSI (or whoever the motherboard vendor is) site for your motherboard model (you didn't list it so I can't check for your). The N430GT is your video card, not the motherboard. Most motherboard vendors list compatible memory for their motherboards. Best to use memory that has been certified for the specific motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/260701-bsod-after-upgrading-installing-new-memory-module-brand-new-pc.html
Relevancy 39.99%

I have a HP Pavilion 4450 and would like to install additional memory. I have followed the directions in the manual & on the web page, but I am at a loss as to where exactly the memory sockets are. The manual tells me to keep removing panels, but as I am not sure as to what I am looking for I am not sure about what to do. Can anyone tell me (a technological novice) where I can get a clear picture of what I need to do.
Much thanks in advance!!!

A:locating memeory sockets and installing additional memory

hi, Some of the best memory available comes from this supplier- go to this page first, for installation directions and guide. Look under RAM category, DIMM modules.

http://www.crucial.com/support/install.asp

Then, go here to order it. Find HP in the most common system manufacturers list on the left, then follow through with your computer model, Pavilion 4450, to see what amount and the type and price of chips you should get.

http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locating-memeory-sockets-and-installing-additional-memory.112931/
Relevancy 39.99%

Im new to computer repair and upgrades.... but as I get further into it, I find I enjoy this.

I ordered a 2 stick kit for my Dell Dimension E310 to get it from 512MB to 2GB. There were no instructions saying how to put them in, are they plug & play or do I need to follow some steps of some kind? Is it as simple as powering down the comp and putting them in, then turn it back on and gas on it???

Thanks for any replies,

Arc

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Guys It s about time I laid to rest my old XP AMD box and built a new system I would like to build myself a dvd player-looking system to fit right at home with the rest of my AV kit however with this in mind I would also like it for Vista Installing to project Solidstate/flash memory HTPC to be totaly silent Now we all know hard disks are not too quiet to say the least so I thought about maybe installing Vista to a memory card of some sort I quickly found out that although they would have the capacity it appears Installing Vista to Solidstate/flash memory for HTPC project the fastest I can find is x which is roughly Installing Vista to Solidstate/flash memory for HTPC project mb s Installing Vista to Solidstate/flash memory for HTPC project sustained -no where near fast enough My question is this if you wanted to build a noiseless system without hard disks the storage is done over the network that didn t need much storage i e just enough to install plain no frills Vista what would you do The box will need to be fast enough to play p video by the way Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-vista-to-solidstate-flash-memory-for-htpc-project.621702/
Relevancy 39.56%

My memory usage jumps to almost full when I run a game installation. It wont go back to normal when the installation is finished. I don't find any processes that could use all this memory. Its like coming out of nowhere.
This doesn't happen when I install programs. And its only fixed when I restart the laptop.
I update my OS regularly.

A:Physical memory usage jumping to the skies when installing games

Post a screenshot of Task Manager - Performance tab when this happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/334105-physical-memory-usage-jumping-skies-when-installing-games.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello

my friend's laptop started crashing after I installed alcohol 120%

it crashes when I get to the password page
I get the blue screen of death (Physical Memory Dump) ..

his laptop: Acer
Vista
intel Core 2 Duo T7200 (2 GHz)
NVIDIA GeForce (384MB) Go 7300 Turbo Cache
1Gb ram DDR 2

I am not sure if this is the right place, But I really do need HELP guys

A:"blue screen Physical Memory Dump" after installing Alcohol120%

I tried to use safe mode, but same thing happens
it crashes again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-physical-memory-dump-after-installing-alcohol120.99757/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello, I re-installed Windows 8 , everything worked fine until today I started having BSOD's saying I have "Memory Management" , "IRQL Not Less Or Equal" , "kernel security check failure" , "DPC Watchdog Violation", So... I attached the files from the Diagnostic Tool, I hope you will help me on this one.

It started with AMD Catalyst Control Center starting to crash on boot, so I re-installed it and it works fine, but them Google Chrome starts to crash or just the extensions or open tabs

A:"Memory Management" BSOD after re-installing Windows 8

Bump, Please help me on this one, I updated the topic the and attached file.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37543-memory-management-bsod-after-re-installing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I want to keep my computer up to date and installed Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4). When restarting after compl. of installation the windows will not start ending up with a darkblue screen with error message on top saying something like "start dumping of pyhsical memory..." When I start up inn safe mode and uninnstall/(restore to previous) Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 (SP4) it boots up normally again. Can anyone pls help so I can update my windows 2000 pro..

Marius

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-start-physical-dumping-of-memory-after-installing-windows-2000-service-pack-4.278794/
Relevancy 35.26%

One for all you quot Experts quot Hey all I m new around here and I joined because I have bad computer trouble and maybe someone could identify my problem The other day I opened up my computer to put a stick of Mb DDR Ram into it and i found two Mb DDR sticks already in there So I took one of the Mb Chips out and put the Mb in mixing them you new memory module for Installing (One "Experts") all up with each other Anyways when I turned on my computer to boot it up it made a bunch of Installing new memory module (One for all you "Experts") wierd noises like beeps so I turned it off fairly fast I took out the Mb and put back in the old Mb stick Now whenever I push the button for my computer to come on It will only make a long beep pause for a second then keep making the beeps over and over again the screen does not light the LED stays orange If anyone could help anything is appreciated Thanks - Thread moved amp title edited Didou nbsp

A:Installing new memory module (One for all you "Experts")

Take out all the sticks of ram, and then out in the 128 and 512. Be sure to take all of them out first though, and they are pushed ALL the way down, it requires some force.

What I do is, line up the RAM with the slot, then just push down hard on the ram until the clips at the side automatically come up and clip the ram into place

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-memory-module-one-for-all-you-experts.14152/
Relevancy 34.83%

--------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce M GT Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce M GT DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory Memory,Dedicated consistant Memory,Shared not Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name NICK-PC Operating System Windows Vista Ultimate Build Service Pack longhorn rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model G S BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode A person in my thread here http forums worldofwarcraft com thread html topicId amp postId amp sid said That doesn t look right my GTS displays Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Could you have bad videocard memory Or maybe reinstal direct X Click to expand So I m not sure where to start and I Display Memory,Dedicated Memory,Shared Memory not consistant m hoping someone here can point me into the right direction as to what it is I need to do to fix this problem I ve been having with graphical Discrpencies in World of Warcraft I haven t notice any in Call of Duty nbsp

Relevancy 33.11%

Hello I am having trouble accessing some websites specially the mail servers none of the emails - yahoo gmail hotmail etc are accessable thru internet however i was able to access google and other sites Here is my combofix txt log request my Help please advise with -- PC the experts to advise on this Thanks for your help ComboFix - - - Ramprasad Jillala - x Microsoft Windows Help with my PC -- please advise XP Home Edition GMT Running from c documents and settings Ramprasad Jillala Desktop ComboFix exe AV Norton Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Outdated E A - - -B - C C F FW Norton Internet Security enabled C A C -F F- AC -B -A E C F Created a new restore point Other Deletions c documents and settings Ramprasad Jillala secupdat dat c Help with my PC -- please advise documents and settings Ramprasad Jillala tueo exe c program files Downloaded Installers c program files Downloaded Installers CC D CB-B F- CB - A- CB EB setup msi c recycler S- - - - - - - c recycler S- - - - - - - Desktop ini c recycler S- - - - - - - sysdate exe c windows a kebook ini c windows akebook ini c windows ANS INI c windows system tmp dll c windows system exe c windows system bszip dll c windows system digiwet dll c windows system Ijl dll c windows system kr done c windows system secupdat dat Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ----a-w- c windows winftp exe - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers eefqbfje sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Ramprasad Jillala Application Data Error Fix - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Error Fix - - - - -------- dc-h--w- c windows ie Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows outlookrem exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files Symantec Shared - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Google - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files IpodConverter - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Color Style Studio - - - - -------- d--h--w- c program files InstallShield Installation Information - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files Autodesk Shared - - - - ----a-w- c program files ALNO rar - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components jar dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components jsd dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components myspell dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components spellchk dll - - - - ----a-w- c program files mozilla firefox components xpinstal dll - - - - --sh--r- c windows system A F B AE sys - - - - -csha-w- c windows system KGyGaAvL sys ------- Sigcheck ------- - - - F A F AA C BF C CFA c windows ServicePackFiles i atapi sys - - - F A F AA C BF C CFA c windows system drivers atapi sys - - - CDFE A C BD D B DA DAC c windows NtServicePackUninstall atapi sys - - - CDFE A C BD D B DA DAC c windows system ReinstallBackups DriverFiles i atapi sys - - - B AFFAC E F FCFA B C E BC c windows ServicePackFiles i asyncmac sys - - - B AFFAC E F FCFA B C E BC c windows system drivers asyncmac sys - - - ABF AF C C D D c windows NtServicePackUninstall asyncmac sys - - - DA F D E D F E B E c windows system drivers beep sys - - - C EC CD A B F A F c windows ServicePackFiles i kbdclass sys - - - C EC CD A B F A F c windows system drivers kbdclass sys - - - EBDEE A EE A ACEE C C c windows NtServicePackUninstall kbdclass sys - - - DF F C B FAE D c windows ServicePackFiles i ndis sys - - - DF F C B FAE D c windows system drivers ndis sys - - - D AF C D D D B E c windows NtServicePackUninstall ndis sys - - - A DD A D E C E DB C CDCA c windows ServicePackFiles i ntfs sys - - - A DD A D E C E DB C CDCA c windows system drivers ntfs sys - - - AB BFD CBB F C CF B c windows hf mig KB SP QFE ntfs sys - - - A EF F ED C A CE FF AF c windows NtServicePackUninstall ntfs sys - - - B BE C F DD F CDD c windows NtUninstallKB ntfs sys - - - C E F BC C DD AF A AD c windows system drivers null sys - - - AD A B B CFF B C E c windows hf mig KB SP QFE tcpip sys - - - AEFA BD B D E FA F D D c windows hf mig ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-with-my-pc-please-advise-436245.html
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi I am not new to computers but am new at Please here my advise log - finding out what process do what Here is my log and i have no idea what most of it means Please advise - here my log please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running Please advise - here my log processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan Mcshield exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan VsTskMgr exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Analysis Services Bin msmdsrv exe C WINDOWS system oodag exe C WINDOWS System wltrysvc exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files HDD Health hddhealth exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KEM exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Logitech SetPoint KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Avant Browser avant exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan scan exe C WINDOWS hh exe C WINDOWS hh exe C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings paul Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run Dell QuickSet C Program Files Dell QuickSet QuickSet exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools- quot C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched D Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run ShStatEXE quot C Program Files Network Associates VirusScan SHSTAT EXE quot STANDALONE O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files Network Associates Common Framework UpdaterUI exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run Network Associates Error Reporting Service quot C Program Files Common Files Network Associates TalkBack TBMon exe quot O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run HDDHealth C Program Files HDD Health hddhealth exe -wl O - Startup Microsoft Office OneNote Quick Launch lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE ONENOTEM EXE O - Global Startup Logi... Read more

A:Please advise - here my log

Are those Trusted Zone entries - O15 - set by you or your Sys Admin? They appear to be VPN related.....

Are you experiencing any issues?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/please-advise-here-my-log-75254.html
Relevancy 33.11%

hi there
i need an advise
i have recently got the microsoft's win7 RC software.
actually i want to know weather i should switch on to win 7 or continue with my os.
i am currently using win vista 32-bit.
specifications of my pc:
ram : 2gb
processor : intel core 2 duo.
hard disc space: 160gb.
thanks.

A:need advise

Wait until 7 is released and get the full version. Otherwise, you will have to start from scratch and reinstall everything.

If you like Vista, keep it. But an upgrade to 7 will probably go smoothly if your machine is running well and has no infections. The likelihood of success will be much greater if you have not used registry cleaners.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advise.866103/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello to you all, this is my 1st time on the site, i have a problem which i cannot solve as im quite new to the computing world.....here goes.

My home page is bbc, when im on the sports page for example and i want to watch an interview or maybe highlights of something , the player does not show any images but there is sound, the screen is blank with a little symbol in the top left hand corner.

Any advice would be welcome, thank you.

A:Please advise me.

Hello and Welcome to techspot not sure what the problem is but somone should know. :knock:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-advise-me.23440/