Windows Support Forum

My PC crashes while playing games

Q: My PC crashes while playing games

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My PC crashes while playing games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of playing when videos YouTube some PC not playing and games, but crashes others looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/pc-freezes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello All I have an HP Pavilion p - at least started as that had some stuff upgraded explained below AMD A - Ghz Quad Core with AAHD -HL board save you the time of looking it up if needed What happens is the system with will just freeze Occasionally the audio that was playing with stutter infinitely like a skipping CD Rarely I notice the system playing games, but when some others crashes PC and videos not YouTube playing will stutter once or twice before totally freezing happens in a couple seconds But mostly it just stops When it freezes the only option is to hard reboot I have had this problem for quite PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others some time probably about a year or two At first I really didn't notice any consistency in the crashes seems totally random Some times it would freeze while browsing any PC crashes when playing YouTube videos and playing some games, but not others random page be it videos forums ad ridden or ad free Any browser as well Chrome Firefox IE It also crashes when playing some games although not other games that have higher requirements e g Guaranteed to crash probably within mins if I play ' -bit Boy' on Steam about as low res as implied but I can go on and hour binges on Elder Scrolls Online or Skyrim with no crashes I have recently noticed that YouTube videos any video is a guaranteed crash within a - seconds I have tried everything I have been able to find to do to try and fix this issue but none have worked So far the hardware parts that have been replaced with new components are the RAM now x GB GEIL Enhanced Corsa PC - HDD now TB WD Caviar Green PSU now EVGA w Plus and added a PCIe graphics card which was removed from the system when it did not fix the problem so that it could be used on a system that was stable The graphics card that was used was a ASUS gb R STRIX that is currently working fine in different system Just as a side note the PSU was replaced to support the graphics card not because it seemed to have failed In fact all of the parts removed from the system work without issue in different systems That's ok I wanted to upgrade anyway I have also used monitoring software to watch the temps and volts during a crash and have never saw any temps volts spike drop or get above normal operation during any freeze This has been tested countless times and each time hardware was replaced I used the programs HWinfo and HW monitor and watched the CPU MOBO RAM graphics card no temps ever got too high or even spiked no volts surged or dropped When all the hardware replacement didn't work and temps seemed normal I even tried replacing the thermal paste used Artic Silver and cleaned the heatsink The only components in the PC that are original are the CPU and MOBO This problem has also persisted through an update to Windows and a clean install of Windows I have updated drivers for VGA LAN WLAN and updated BIOS Installed K-Lite Codec Pack unselecting all the junk it tries to install with it because I read somewhere it could be a codec issue There are probably other programs I have used and steps that I have taken to try and resolve this I just can't recall because of all different things that have been do over such a long period of time I was just hoping that someone would have some other ideas that I can try Any help would be greatly appreciated and I can provide any other information you might need Thanks for the time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-when-playing-youtube-videos-and-playing-some-games-but-not-others-1111177.html
Relevancy 67.51%

We just had our new computer built and now we re having some issues We have a g C and a g D harddrive Asus M A -EM motherboard g Ram Modxstream-Pro power supply W and a GeForce GTS video card PCI express MB GDDR With Windows Pro -bit OS When we crashes when games New playing PC play games like Sims and Warhammer Online the New PC crashes when playing games system crashes between mins to an hour or so The screen goes black and acts like the computer has shut down but the fans go full speed and the power light is still on We took it back to our builder and he ran tests and stressed it with it never happening at his store He told us it was not an overheating issue but we re not sure and he s not exactly helping There are fans on the processor itself and those we can feel are still blowing cool air and there is no warning when it happens the screen just goes black It is clean of dust and debris has at least inches above and beside the case and since we live in the South the A C is on just about We have not had this problem when just browsing the internet or when it s idle turned on but no one is using it Both of these games worked properly on our old XP PC but since we ve brought this computer home we can t use it for what we bought it for We did install Steam for one of my husband s games but we have not had an issue with that game crashing I had heard rumors that Steam caused system crashes There is very little installed on this computer and it is only - months old No overclocking or anything is done It is strictly a internet browsing and gaming computer We have tried lowering our resolutions and still had the issue Any help is greatly appreciated We spent a lot of money on this machine and we want it to work properly nbsp

A:New PC crashes when playing games

What are the idle temps on your system?

I assume you have all the latest drivers installed for the GTS 250. It does look like a heat issue. Have you actually seen the PC working properly at your builder's? Also, since you've had the machine for 2 months, did the issues occur earlier or just recently?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-crashes-when-playing-games.147162/
Relevancy 67.51%

heres the problem..

my pc keeps crashing when playing games
it crashes after about 5 mins but sometimes can go around 2 hours or so. It doesnt matter what game I play. It only crashes when playing a game.

Ive checked for overheating cleaned out the case and the temp doesnt get much more than 50 on the GPU and CPU and the motherboard temp is around 40 degrees.

I have done a clean install of windows and it hasnt made a difference.

anyone got any ideas as to what may be the problem?

SPEC

nvidea 9800gt
intel q6600 processor
8gb ram
windows 7 ultimate 64bit (the problem is the same on vista home 32bit)
750w PSU
ASROCK n7ad-sli

A:PC crashes when playing games

when you install windows do you install your chip-set drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-when-playing-games.142909/
Relevancy 67.51%

recently my computer has started restarting while playing games and i have no idea why. my graphics card says it hits 100 degrees Celsius and then my computer screen says going to sleep and i have to restart my computer itself. its worth noting that this has never happened before and ive had my computer for about a year now.

A:crashes while playing games

We have no information about your computer, so do the following:

Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) to the desktop.

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashes-while-playing-games.1141704/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello! A friend of mine has been experiencing problems when playing games. His computer crashes after about 5-10 minutes. Sometimes the screen freezes for a while but most of the time it just shuts down. The temps are fine even though he is running the stock cooler. He tried switching PSU, Motherboard and reinstalling windows. 

What do you think could be the problem?

Oh, Forgot to mention we installed parkcontrol yesterday to see if that would fix it, it did for the day. No issues what so ever. Until today, when it suddenly didnt work anymore

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608821/pc-crashes-when-playing-games/
Relevancy 67.51%

hello so I'll get straight to the problem My PC has recently games pc crashes while playing started crashing when I'm playing oblivion cod or mortal online beta I can't tab out alt f or get task manager up and there is no error message so I just gotta restart my pc This never happened since about - weeks ago Now all of a sudden pc crashes while playing games I am getting crashes - mins into a cod game - mins in mortal online and abit longer in oblivion I have updated my drivers and vista to SP but it didn't help I wondered if my gpu was overheating so I set my fan to while playing no help either I'm really at a loss with this I'm no PC expert just an enthusiastic gamer so my knowledge is rather limited I don't know if you need this but here's my PC spec anyway- AMD PHENOM II X GHz MB CACHE Socket AM GB CORSAIR XMS MHz - x GB ASUS M N -SE DUAL DDR S-ATA II PCIe x x PCIe x x PCI Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium bit Edition SP GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH MB CACHE rpm MB GEFORCE GTX W Quiet Quad Rail PSU mm Case Fan Thanks for any suggestions

A:pc crashes while playing games

The first thing I woul look at would be to open the case and check for dust.
If you see some try a can of air to blow it off of all the cooling parts.
Especially the cpu, graphics card, and air intakes/exhaust.

If has been running that long it may just be over heating due to this.
Good Luck and post back if this doesnt help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-while-playing-games-410808.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I have been receiving more and more BSOD, from a couple per month to in the latest days multiple per day.

I'm running windows 8.

I mostly get them while playing games.

Thanks in advanced!

A:Getting more and more crashes, mostly while playing games

Got another BSOD today, here are the dumps

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45837-getting-more-more-crashes-mostly-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello my computer restarts when im playing high end games the last game i just tried playing when it did so is dying light it has also done so for several other first person games and one third person game im not sure what the problem is i was reading one of PC playing games crashes while your other posts hoping my problem would be the same but i dont think it is from that post i downloaded this crash app and heres the info from itCrash dump directory C WINDOWS MinidumpCrash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BA F Bugcheck code x x xFFFFC E E x x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR file path C WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem PC crashes while playing games might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Mon AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BA F Bugcheck code x x xFFFFA C F F x x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR file path C WINDOWS system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time i will also add a file that has my pc specs from speccy on it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629111/pc-crashes-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone I ve been having problems with my PC When I built it in November I had no problems at all and could run any game I wanted with the highest graphic settings Games like Skyrim Battlefield After about years the computer started to crash occasionally after playing these games for a while These crashes got more and more frequent to the point that I can t play any games that require more recources than for example League of Legends or Dota Lately even those games cause occasional crashes When the computer crashes the screen freezes and there is an very loud screeching noise in the headset I assumed that it might be a temperature problem Therefore I exchanged the stock CPU fan playing crashes games when PC with a Corsair H mm cooler I also made sure to clean out the computer Unfortunately that didn t change anything I then returned my video card ASUS GTX- DirectCU II Dual GPU GB and PC crashes when playing games got a brand new Radeon R X DirectCU II OC GB Despite these changes the problem still appears I ve also run the Prime Small FFTs Torture Test while monitoring the CPU voltages and temperature Even though I didn t observe any abnormal voltages or temperatures I get a bluescreen after about - seconds of running the test I have no clue what could be the cause of the crashes and I m hoping you guys can help me out Thanks in advance My computer specs Windows Professional bit Intel Core i K BOX LGA GHz Unlocked ASUS P Z -V PRO B LGA Intel Z ATX Radeon R X DirectCU II OC GB Seasonic X- W OCZ Agility GB quot other normal hard disks Corsair CMZ GX M A C x GB DDR - DIMM Corsair H mm nbsp

Ensure both RAM and the video card are seated properly/firmly within their respective slots.

Then, you could attempt to run RAM testing software to check that the RAM is OK.

Software for testing RAM is here - Memtest86+ or, MemTest86

The PSU (SeaSonic X-660) is unlikely to be faulty as it is of very good quality. However, even good quality PSU's fail (eventually). You could try swapping the PSU for another good quality unit. And/or, you could test the X-660 unit using a digital multimeter to see if it is basically working.

For safety reasons be careful while doing this! There may be some risk of excessive voltage in the event of a seriously faulty PSU!

Testing procedure is shown HERE

Basically you measure voltage at the pins from the 20/24 pin connector that goes to the motherboard.

Basic steps for reference -

> Switch OFF PSU

> Remove PSU 20/24 pin connector from motherboard

> Using bent paperclip or some other small electrical conducting metal or wire, connect clip or wire between pins 15 (BLACK wire) & 16 (GREEN wire) within the 20/24 pin connector

> Switch ON PSU

> Set multimeter to DC volts and to 20+ volt range if multimeter doesn't have auto-ranging function

> Multimeter negative (BLACK) lead/probe should contact ANY pin with a BLACK wire within the 20/24 pin connector

> Multimeter positive (RED) lead/probe should contact pins (one at a time) with YELLOW wires; should be pin 10 and then pin 11 within the 20/24 pin connector. Voltage from these pins should be approximately 12 volts.

> Connect multimeter red lead/probe to pins (one at a time) with RED wires; should be pin 4, then pin 6, then pin 21, then pin 22, then pin 23. Voltage should be about 5 volts.

> Connect multimeter red lead/probe to pins with ORANGE wires; should be pin 1, then pin 2, then pin 12, and then pin 13. Voltage should be about 3.3 volts.

> Finally connect multimeter red lead/probe to pin 9 with VIOLET or PURPLE wire. Voltage should be 5 volts.

Done!

If the voltages are as expected then the PSU is probably working. This means that the motherboard is most likely faulty. The motherboard will have to be replaced.

If there is no voltage on any of the pins (or if the voltages are WAY off the expected values) then the PSU is faulty, and it should be replaced with another good quality PSU from SeaSonic, XFX, Corsair, EVGA. Then try the new PSU and see what happens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashes-when-playing-games.1137649/
Relevancy 67.51%

So I have been getting a lot of crashes recently.

I just bought a new hard drive because my old one was giving me problems.
Reinstalled windows 7 (64-Bit)
Installed drivers and everything.

I honestly think my card is overheating since there is absolutely no cooling what so ever in my case.

I opened up the panel and have a fan on the highest speed blowing cool air into the open panel.

But I think my card is overheating.

Please give me details on this blue screen and I would love to have this fixed as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance,
Cherry

A:Getting crashes again while playing games.

Bugcheck Summary:
Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8003db6260, fffff880050fa4a8, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8ee4a8 )

Quote:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

Code:
fffff880`03c77cf8 fffff880`044b403d dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`03c77cd8 fffff880`044b3f3c dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread
fffff880`03c77cc8 fffff880`044b4514 dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0x50
fffff880`03c77c78 fffff880`0535ce63 dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`03c77c50 fffff880`044b3f3c dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread
fffff880`03c77bd0 fffff880`050fa4a8 nvlddmkm+0x8ee4a8
fffff880`03c77bc8 fffff880`05330867 dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`03c77ba0 fffff880`050fa4a8 nvlddmkm+0x8ee4a8
fffff880`03c77b88 fffff880`0535d054 dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec

Code:
Event ID: 4101
Task: N/A
Level: Warning
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Brandin-PC
Description:
Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
--------------------------------------

Code:
BugCheck A, {10, 2, 1, fffff80002ccdf1f}

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+e028c )

Quote:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nvlddmkm+e028c

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nvlddmkm+e028c

Code:
nt!KiPageFault+0x260
nvlddmkm+0xe028c
--------------------------------------

Code:
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jul 26 05:41:39 2013 (51F1E1E3)

Code:
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Driver Version: 9.18.13.2641
You're using driver version 326.41 which is in the BETA stage.
Roll back your drivers to a more stable release, I suggest 314.22. Nvidia | Uninstall Graphics Drivers
Then follow with a pass of Driver Sweeper | Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

Download | 314.22 When installing select Custom Settings (Advanced) and uncheck: 3D Vision (all of them).
HD Audio.
Nvidia Updates.
Don't install Geforce Experience.
Do check Preform a clean installation.

Now as for your lack of cooling:

Download Speccy and post a screenshot.
One while idle.
Second while under load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301467-getting-crashes-again-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.51%

When I start WoW game up it is working fine then I select my character and wait I games! playing My crashes PC am when in the loading screen then when I get in it s fine as soon as I move the screen with my mouse the PC crashes I ve recently just restored my PC and it s still occurring Please help OS Name Microsoft Windows Professional Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name BRIAN-PC System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O E M System Model My PC crashes when I am playing games! To Be Filled By O E M System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc P SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System My PC crashes when I am playing games! Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale Australia Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Brian-PC Brian Time Zone E Australia Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I have been having this issue for the past month or so and its been getting seamlessly worse. I will be playing a game on my pc and the monitor will shut off as if its gone to sleep mode. I shake my mouse, turn it off/on and the monitor never wakes up. So I am forces to reboot my pc, when it has restarted, I get a little pop up saying windows has recovered from an unexpected error, and when I check the details, it says. Error: Blue Screen. I will post the dump from the tool on your forums.
Any help is greatly appreciated and if you need any more details please just post.
Thanks!
EDIT: Figured I should add this, The ONLY game I can play w/o crashes is Arma 2, every other game, WoW Civiliztion 5, BF3 all of them crash after 1-10 minutes.

A:PC Crashes while playing MOST games.

It is a stop 0x116, which is a display related BSOD.

Apply the latest version of nVidia display driver, 320.49 WHQL.
You may download it directly, from our forum link Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7; or you may opt for the Option 2 of Drivers- Download NVIDIA Drivers for ?Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products? (it requires java installed).

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
At least 30% extra is safe. Also let us know about the wattage of your PSU.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Try to dismantle the PC. Clean the inside carefully. Clean the air vents and fan grills specially, so that it can blow the hot air out efficiently. While re-seating, apply new thermal paste to the CPU.

Let us know when all are done.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c5ca4e0, fffff88004f62668, ffffffffc000000d, 3}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+933668 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800c5ca4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004f62668, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000000d, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000003, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+933668
fffff880`04f62668 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`057d3718 fffff880`05139054 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0c5ca4e0 fffff880`04f62668 ffffffff`c000000d : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`057d3720 fffff880`0510c569 : fffff880`04f62668 fffffa80`0b8f2000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b889410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`057d3760 fffff880`05138e01 : fffffa80`0c5ca4e0 fffffa80`0c5ca4e0 fffffa80`0c5ca4e0 fffffa80`0b889410 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::PrepareToReset+0x109
fffff880`057d37a0 fffff880`05464f13 : fffffa80`0c... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295870-pc-crashes-while-playing-most-games.html
Relevancy 67.51%

my pc crashes alot when my 5 year old daughter is playing games im running on windows xp its got a amd 800mhz processer with 256mb ram which for the games she is using should be ample but when shes playing her games it can crash as many as 10 times in a hour anybody help please

A:crashes when playing games

what games?

because that system is probably not enough, for lot of stuff.

im assuming there is no video card in there.

it could be overheating...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashes-when-playing-games.321699/
Relevancy 67.51%

My PC crashes while playing games ... i.e. Call of Duty, WarCraft III, Splinter Cell ... etc.

System Specs:

ASUS P4P800SE (default settings except DRAM set to 266 MHz)
No OC
P4 2.8GHz, 533 FSB
1GB DDR 400
PNY GeForce FX 5200 Ultra (ForceWare 66.93)
XBLADE Case, 400W PSU with +12V - 17A
(2) 80mm intake + 120mm Exhaust fan
WinXP Pro
Latest Drivers and BIOS
DirectX 9.0c

Any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to correct it?

A:My PC crashes while playing games

Solved the Problem

I replaced the PNY GeForce FX 5200 Ultra with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (128MB) and it solved the problem of my screen freezing up when playing games.

While playing Doom III, my UPS died. I checked and it was only rated at 10A and 170W.

I'll be upgrading my UPS tomorrow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.18368/
Relevancy 66.65%

OK so my computer just crashes the whole computer, the screen turns into a garbled mess, sound keeps looping when i'm playing some certain games like TES 3 and 4, Crysis and some others. So i recently bought a new video card that is so big it barely fits in my case, wants 450 watts of power (i have 650W) so maybe it sucks it all away, it has a huge fan so overheating should not be.

Before i bought this video card i did not have this problem.Is there any fix other than putting back my old video cards?

DirectX 10
Vista Ultimate
hardware

video card 8800GTX
CPU Intel core 2quad CPU Q9400 @2.66GHz
3326 MB RAM
650 Watts of power

Relevancy 66.65%

I just build custom PC and when i play games it crashes. Fans go on full speed and monitor goes into sleep mode. I have to hold power button to shut it off and restart computer. I run Memtest86+ with no errors. I could not do perfmon /report

Windows 8.1
x64
no
Full retail version
1 month
2 days
yes

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5960X
MSI X99s Gaming 9 AC
Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti
EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2
32Gig G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series PC4-24000

Thank you for your help

A:[SOLVED] PC crashes playing games

Hi,

There are no crash dumps in your output folder.

If your computer is not generating .DMP files, please do the following:

1. Start > type %systemroot% which should show the Windows folder, click on it. Once inside that folder, ensure there is a Minidump folder created. If not, CTRL-SHIFT-N to make a New Folder and name it Minidump.

2. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Advanced > Ensure there's a check-mark for 'Automatically manage paging file size for all drives'.

3. Windows key + Pause key. This should bring up System. Click Advanced System Settings on the left > Advanced > Startup and Recovery > Settings > System Failure > ensure there is a check mark next to 'Write an event to the system log'.

Ensure Small Memory Dump is selected and ensure the path is %systemroot%\Minidump.

4. Double check that the WERS is ENABLED:

Start > Search > type services.msc > Under the name tab, find Windows Error Reporting Service > If the status of the service is not Started then right click it and select Start. Also ensure that under Startup Type it is set to Automatic rather than Manual. You can do this by right clicking it, selecting properties, and under General selecting startup type to 'Automatic', and then click Apply.

If you cannot get into normal mode to do any of this, please do this via Safe Mode.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-pc-crashes-playing-games-931722.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello my laptop crashes each time games playing when crashes Computer I play games The crash happens in different forms sometimes the screen goes weird and then two bands appear one purple one on top and a whiteish one on bottom the whiteish band slowly turns green until it completly turns green The other variants are black screens but in one form it beeps times after the crash in the other it doesnt I tested to see if the laptop would crash with war thunder I got through the entire menu and to flight test my plane was in the landing strip for about seconds as soon as I pressed the quot w quot key the crash happened it was the purple with green one I would also like to say that yesterday there were no crashes whatsoever they just started today I have a cooler under my laptop at all times Oh and also I took the battery out Computer crashes when playing games and pressed the power button then I played an entire match of insurgency without a crash but then I connected my head set and cooler to the USB ports and it crashed shortly after dont know if coincidence or something to do with the power Please help any help would be appreciated

A:Computer crashes when playing games

It sounds like a heat issue. Even with a cooler underneath, the internal heat sink may be clogged with dust. I have a cooler under my laptop but the fan kept coming on high all the time. I took it apart, and it was totally clogged. I blew it out with compressed air, took off the heat sink, cleaned it, and put it back on with new thermal paste. Removing the heat sink was probably unnecessary, but I wanted to be sure.

What kind of laptop do you have? There are usually videos on youtube that people have posted on how to take it apart to get at the things you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/335733-computer-crashes-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Alright guys any help would be greatly appreciated I got an Athlon ram pc gigabyte -vm motherboard voodoo Via pci audio controller what came with comp I am running under Win I have all the latest drivers for Freezes Crashes Playing While and Games each of Crashes and Freezes While Playing Games these The thing is my computer freezes during almost any game I Crashes and Freezes While Playing Games play It happens at random times but usually after between - minutes Sometimes I can play for hour but then eventually it will just kick me to windows or it will say there was a page default error I have no clue where to start with this All my windows programs usually run completely fine and don t crash it just seems to be games I ve pasted one of the popus errors right below to maybe give an indication of what the problem may be Any help would be appreciated thanks ahead of time General Protection fault History AActor GetMRMActorData lt - Urender rawframe lt - URedner rawworld lt -Ugameengine draw lt -Uwindowsviewport Repaint lt - UWindowsClient Tick lt - ClientTick lt - UGameEngine Tick lt - UpdateWorld lt - MainLoop nbsp

A:Crashes and Freezes While Playing Games

Not being a game person (I found AoE and never went any further), I can't offer you much but instructions for cleaning up (and keeping clean) your hard drive. Temporary files can really do a number. Just email [email protected] I know. It sounds like some kind of advertisement. But it's not.

If it doesn't help, let us know.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashes-and-freezes-while-playing-games.40989/
Relevancy 66.65%

My son and I just built a new system ATX case with W power supply Abit KT w Raid mobo MHz Thunderbird chip MB RAM AGP video card tried ATI Rage Fury Maxx and Voodo SoundBlaster PCI sound card CD-ROM CD-RW internal modem running Win SE System works fine except when trying to play two games both by same co - can play games burn CD s etc However playing System games crashes when when trying to install a game by Nova Logic system crashes locks up requiring a hard reboot during installation Another game by the same company installs ok but then crashes during play sometimes can play for min sometimes minutes Had a problem installing the ATI System crashes when playing games RAge Fury Maxx but finally got it working only to find the problem with games using that video card another game MS Flight Simulator caused the system to crash Thinking it was the video card refomarted hard drive and installed Voodo Now can play Flight Simulator ok but still can t install the one game and system crashes while playing the other one All drivers are up to date Tried both games on System crashes when playing games an Epox Athlon and they work just fine Also tried the one game that installs ok on a system that is nearly identical to the one we built same mobo chip but a different video card and more RAM - and while the game installed ok it caused that system to lock up while loading Called game company but they were unable to resolve the problem What could be causing this problem Please help Thanks nbsp

A:System crashes when playing games

My guess would be that the video card is the problem. You need to put the card onto a diffrent computer and test it with the games that have crashed the other computers.

Good luck

Aj

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-crashes-when-playing-games.35286/
Relevancy 66.65%

Ever since I installed guild wars II around two weeks ago my computer seems to freeze which needs a hard playing 3d games. when crashes Computer reset This isn t isolated to guild wars anymore but all games that have intensive d graphics At first I thought I had some sort of virus and wiped my discs clean Then I updated my cards drivers and even switched to older more stable drivers But it still happens I then replaced my GPU and even upgraded my PSU and yet it still seems to freeze When doing things like browsing the web or Computer crashes when playing 3d games. playing videos etc the computer runs like a dream But when I start playing a game with Computer crashes when playing 3d games. anything but the lowest setting it will - without fail crash my computer within about minutes and it s driving me up the wall I do not want to spend more money on guesswork I want to know what the heck is wrong and how I can fix it I ve tested everything I can think of from memory to stress testing CPU I ve checked for dust and even looked for lose screws bent pins etc Everything seems to check out okay But when I run Kumbustion after a about minutes into the test it will crash The two different GPU s react the same way Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q Computer crashes when playing 3d games. GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Advent SQ Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

System BSOD/crashes while games playing AMD x AM ABIT AN motherboard Maxtor gb hard drive sata BG OCZ ram Nvidia GTS mb I've just built this system for my brother and I can't figure out why it's doing this I'm also new to vista making this even more of a headache It orginally had a gt which after searching my brother thought could have been the problem the store didn't have another gt for exhange so he bought the gts which unfortuntly we still have the problem I have ran the memeory diagnostics tool BSOD/crashes while playing games and it came back with no problems It will crash in under minutes of game play during company of heros It BSOD/crashes while playing games will take - minutes while playing COD multiplayer and AOE I believe there are no problems with world of warcraft That is what he has told me while playing games things like using the internet doesn't see to be a problem Those four games are the only current game installed McAfee Secuirity center and virus protection are also installed The latest nivida driver are installed I have also tried the hotfix for the MS site as well with no luck I have attached the data log from event viewer from the last crash

A:BSOD/crashes while playing games

i am having a similar problem to you except i have a GTX 260. i can play some games for 10 min or so then bam BSOD that reads 0x0000008E

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-crashes-while-playing-games-208086.html
Relevancy 66.65%

My PC crashes when i play games it always crashes while playing like rocket league, borderlands 2, chivarly medieval warfare, mass effect 2 and alot of other games. When it crashes my screen changes color like green pink red white etc. after that it goes gray and then my PC goes very loud after that it shuts down and then restarts any idea what might be the problem ?

A:Win10 Crashes while playing games

Hello Jinxieee, welcome to the forums. You only have 2 dump files 2 months apart, and the last one was 1 month ago. If you are having more BSODs than that please make sure your computer is configured for Small Memory dumps BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10

If you would please complete filling out your system specs. This may help.

Please fill out your System Specs
   Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

The dump file in September was:

Code:
BugCheck 50, {ffffe001cf647a1c, 0, fffff800a6b4a3cf, 0}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+78a3cf )
That is tour graphics driver. The November dump was

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000094, fffff800eb1fe258, ffffd001355d60f8, ffffd001355d5910}
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+30e258 )
But also blamed was

Code:
ffffd001`355d5368 fffff800`e9463033Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cfosspeed6.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cfosspeed6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cfosspeed6.sys
cfosspeed6+0xc3033
cFosSpeed is The Internet Accelerator Also a part of Asus TurboLAN, which is part of the Asus AI Suite.

Please uninstall the Asus AI Suite and then use the AI Suite uninstaller http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...nstall-cleaner

Also, please uninstall your Nvidia drivers and reinstall the current version from Nvidia, http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us. When you uninstall the drivers, please uninstall all of the drivers and uninstall the Display driver last. Reboot and install the new drivers, but do not use express install, use custom install. Make sure the Clean Install' box is cheked and uncheck everything except the Display driver and the PhysX driver. Only install those 2.

Next please right click on the start icon and select Command prompt administrator, give admin permissions and copy/paste this into the window that opens and press enter sfc /scannow . If you decide to type it in, please notice the space between the sfc and the /. We want it to say no integrity violations were found. If it says there where corrupt files that could not be repaired, please reboot and run it again. You may have to run it 3 times with reboots in between each time.

See if that helps you any.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32459-win10-crashes-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey I have been suffering from this problem for a long time now It usually happens when I am playing games My computer just freezes out of games Random playing when crashes no reason When it happens the last sound that was played is just looped into a terrible noise Sometimes my Keyboard and mouse go off too I can not do anything when it happens I can not do Ctrl Alt Del nor can I do Ctrl Shift Esc Nothing works I end up having Random crashes when playing games to restart the computer I did some research and people said that maybe it was a driver so I updated everything Everything is up to date I used Windows Update as well as Driver Genius Professional to update all the drivers After that I was Random crashes when playing games done I restarted my computer and started to Random crashes when playing games play BFBC BAME Crash I get no BSOD everything just freezes I look in the event log and every time it this happens it says something about Kernel-Power The last time that it happened for the first time I got a message at the start of windows saying quot Windows Has Encountered An Unexpected Recovery quot or at least something on those lines I think the most important part of this was that it game me to files as a reference One being a dump file and the other being an XML So if you need those files just ask and I would gladly give them to you to check out Sometimes my secondary drive just disconnects as well It usually happens when it is under heavy load I have two HDD one being a WD GB RPM SATA JUST for the OS and the secondary one being a Seagate TB RPM SATA for EVERYTHING ELSE Everything get installed onto this drive I install nothing on the C drive As I was saying sometimes it disconnects and what I mean buy that is I can't access anything on that drive It doesn't show up in my computer or Disk Management The only way it will be recognized again is if I restart my computer I thought it would of been a lose cable or something because because the Sata cable that was connected to that particular HDD was bent perpendicular to the bottom of my case bent on a degree angle Stupid Degree Angle Cables So I changed the cable and it still happened This time it was just one of those straight cables I used Seagate to do a long scan on my drive and it failed It told me to use the dos version and do the long scan on start up because it would attempt to fix the problems So I did I also did a ChkDsk with Microsoft at start up as well I didn't want to do it as Windows was running because I had to un-mount it and if I did that I wouldn't be able to do anything It is possible that it might be the power cable because the drives are on top and below each other so I had to bend the power cable to get them to connect to each other I did a disk defragment and it still does this My computer was just built - months ago in August Everything was brand new My system consists of Intel i Overclocked GHz Stock GHz Kingston t HyperX GB PC - MHz Thermaltake TR RX W Modular PSU Crosair H Water Cooling for CPU x XFX AMD Radeon HD GB in CrossFireX WD VelociRaptor GB K RPM JUST FOR OS Seagate TB RPM FOR EVERYTHING ELSE really good mm fans as well as a bigboy mm fan Antec Motherboard is an Asus SaberTooth x OS Windows Ultimate x Black Magic Capture Card and some Wireless card I don't think it is from the CPU because the max I have ever seen the CPU was at arround C but that is when I was doing a benchmark on the CPU and RAM at once that was running for a few hours I noticed that before I had my CPU OC that the RAM was Underclocked clocked by a lot Also when I was OC'ing everything when I went over a specific frequency in the bios it asked me if i want to change the voltage by my self or if I want the bios to do it for me I chose to let the BIOS do it for me I then noticed that my RAM had a voltage of so I set that to volts and my Computer still crashed at times Then I set it to do it auto which it should of already but it still crashes I have not tried setting th... Read more

A:Random crashes when playing games

Sorry for the double post. I just had my computer shutdown a few more times in the past hour. I check the event viewer and I got this.

Quote:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger
Date: 10/16/2011 8:01:19 PM
Event ID: 18
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: CmptrPrgmr-PC
Description:
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Internal Timer Error
Processor ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger" Guid="{C26C4F3C-3F66-4E99-8F8A-39405CFED220}" />
<EventID>18</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-10-17T00:01:19.960737700Z" />
<EventRecordID>211882</EventRecordID>
<Correlation ActivityID="{211CA464-28AD-4E76-A3EC-7172B35E4A70}" />
<Execution ProcessID="1888" ThreadID="5100" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>CmptrPrgmr-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="ErrorSource">3</Data>
<Data Name="ApicId">2</Data>
<Data Name="MCABank">5</Data>
<Data Name="MciStat">0xfe00000000800400</Data>
<Data Name="MciAddr">0x3800038c0374</Data>
<Data Name="MciMisc">0x7fff</Data>
<Data Name="ErrorType">5</Data>
<Data Name="TransactionType">256</Data>
<Data Name="Participation">256</Data>
<Data Name="RequestType">256</Data>
<Data Name="MemorIO">256</Data>
<Data Name="MemHierarchyLvl">256</Data>
<Data Name="Timeout">256</Data>
<Data Name="OperationType">256</Data>
<Data Name="Channel">256</Data>
<Data Name="Length">928</Data>
<Data </EventData>
</Event>

and

Quote:

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger
Date: 10/16/2011 8:01:19 PM
Event ID: 18
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: CmptrPrgmr-PC
Description:
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Internal Timer Error
Processor ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger" Guid="{C26C4F3C-3F66-4E99-8F8A-39405CFED220}" />
<EventID>18</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-10-17T00:01:19.960737700Z" />
<EventRecordID>211881</EventRecordID>
<Correlation ActivityID="{DC6C73FF-7C77-4D60-9A33-E697992E8F1E}" />
<Execution ProcessID="1888" ThreadID="5100&... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashes-when-playing-games-606721.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Whenever playing games I usually crash right when it starts though not at the menu Rarely it crashes again that day but its happening more and more often that its starting to worry me so I finally decided to try and fix the issue When it crashes the screen becomes pixilated colors like a splash across the screen Then I have to manually crashes games when Multiple playing restart or uncommonly it restarts itself Though luckly when it restarted itself once it had found a problem in Multiple crashes when playing games quot Problems reports and solutions quot Code Product Multiple crashes when playing games Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Date PM Status Report Sent Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem some files may no longer be available Mini - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA D DC E BCP F BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Server information cb dec -a - - ebb- a e And also a different one Code Product Windows Problem Video hardware error Date PM Status Not Reported Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml Version txt Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFFA BF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product My specs are as follows Intel Core Q quad ghz Gtx gb Vid card gb ram Creative sb X-fi i motherboard If you need anymore information I will try and find it thanks in advance for trying to help

A:Multiple crashes when playing games

Hi -

I see 1 BSOD and 1 Live Kernel Event - the bugchecks -

0x124 - Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA) and indicates a fatal hardware error has occurred, although I have seen this related to drivers.

0x117 = VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED = indicates that the display driver failed to respond in a timely fashion.

Go to Device Manager, expand the tree branch for Display Adapters, right-click on each device (probably only 1 will be there), select "Un-install". Then re-boot. Vista will install the drivers.
START | devmgmt.msc

Be sure your video drivers are updated and that ALL Windows Updates are in. Go to your system manufacturer's web site for the driver updates

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-crashes-when-playing-games-402805.html
Relevancy 66.65%

About 6 months or so ago i started having blue screens after months of trying to find out what was wrong i reinstalled windows and installed minimal programs unfortunately i neglected to save the old dumps so these are the only new ones i have I'm trying to make more for more information on them but for now these are all that i have. debug-DESKTOP-6VPVOCB-xxxx.zip

A:Windows 10 Crashes When Playing games

Hi Madrigal998,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Do you have another GPU you can use?
The crashes are caused by the GPU part of the APU, but this occurs a lot with users that have an a10 k processor.

Code:
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32748-windows-10-crashes-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have the latest drivers and direct X installed, but when ever I load a game my comp freezes up, I have a g-force 2 32mb graphics card, 524 memory and a AMD 900 processor. someone help as Im cracking up

Ste

Relevancy 66.65%

The strangest thing has happened...
Every time I start playing a game, it either crashes straight on load up, or anywhere between 5 and 15 minutes after start, and I have no idea why.

The games usually loads up, but then everything freezes, and Im just left looking at the frozen screen. I can't use Alt + F4, Alt + Control + Delete or Alt + Tab to do anything, the only solution is to turn of the computer manually and restart it again. The strange thing is that Ionly get this issue when playing games, I can surf the internet and do other things just fine. My operating system is Windows Vista.

What is going on?! Any help is very much appreciated, Im really frustrated about this.

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello guys i had this problem before but i solved it by just re-installing the graphic driver But now it just doesn't help i even formatted my off playing crashes/shuts while Pc games computer It keeps crashing while playing I runned the programm whocrashed and this is what i got On Thu - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A EBC Bugcheck code x x xFFFFFA C F x x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu - - GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Pc crashes/shuts off while playing games Minidump - Pc crashes/shuts off while playing games - dmp This was probably Pc crashes/shuts off while playing games caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x A EBC Bugcheck code x x xFFFFFA F x x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time Can somebody help me thanks in advance and good holidays

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600336/pc-crashesshuts-off-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 66.65%

My Computer has started crashing very frequently recently I have GB of RAM GeForce GTX M Intel Core i Q GHz Windows on an Asus laptop It runs fine and there is no changes in performance but every - minutes while I am in game the computer just freezes and I have to hold the power button and restart This has made playing League Of Legends nearly impossible since I disconnect - times a game If I am not playing any games and just watching youtube or browsing reddit It runs all day long for many hours and never crashes This makes me think it is a problem with the temperature since it only happens when my computer is Computer Crashes games when playing under intensive use I have tried turning all the settings down in game to see if that lightens the load and makes it easier to run but it doesn t seem to help I have no Computer Crashes when playing games idea what the problem is and any help would be appreciated It only Computer Crashes when playing games happens during games and it just crashes every - minutes withought warning Ill be running at fps and then it just instantly freezes no loss in performance leading up to it nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi i have Rock Quaddra XT pro computer, the specs are intel cpu 3.06ghz- 1gb Ram, 128 mb ATI mobilty radeon 9700 series, it seems to be fine if i use it to surf the internet and play 2d games, however it does seem to crash when i try and play 3d games such as warcraft, it does also get hot but i can hear a very noisy fan kicking in, anyway i am about to lob it out the window so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:computer crashes playing 3d games

Make sure ALL your mobo and gfx drivers are up to date!!!!

If you believe its a temperature problem then try adding additional cooling if you have the room or try running it with the side panel off!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-playing-3d-games.61812/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello So everytime I play certain games such as fallout new vegas poker night at the inventory or walking crashes playing Laptop when games. dead I always have PC crashes related to my driver IRQL being less or not equal igdkmd sys My laptop model Laptop crashes when playing games. is Acer E - G Intel core - U GB Ram Nvidea Gefore M OS Windows Single Laptop crashes when playing games. Language bit However I do notice that the system has been warning me of low memories Memory dump Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Bitmap Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre winblue rtm - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff b d PsLoadedModuleList xfffff b b Debug session time Sun Jul UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ff fde Type hh dbgerr for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D fffff cd a ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd sys Probably caused by igdkmd sys igdkmd a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg fffff cd a address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP igdkmd a fffff cd a cmp dword ptr rax h DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR AV PROCESS NAME dwm exe ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre TRAP FRAME ffffd c f -- trap xffffd c f NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax rbx rcx ffffe d ce rdx ffffe b d rsi rdi rip fffff cd a rsp ffffd c b rbp ffffe b r ffffe d abf r ffffffff r r ffffd c a r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe nc igdkmd x a fffff cd a cmp dword ptr rax h ds Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff b e be to fffff b dd a STACK TEXT ffffd c dd fffff b e be a nt KeBugCheckEx ffffd c de fffff b e a ffffd c f nt KiBugCheckDispatch x ffffd c f fffff cd a ffffe b ffffe d c ffffffff nt KiPageFault x a ffffd c b fffff c a ffffd c ffffe ffffffff ffffe ffffffff igdkmd x a ffffd c fffff c b ffffe b bc ffffc b f fffff c cb igdkmd x c a ffffd c a fffff bfc ffffd c a ffffd c ffffc b f dxgkrnl ADAPTER RENDER DdiCreateAllocation xba ffffd c e fffff c f ffffd c a ffffd c a ffffd c dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE CreateDriverAllocations x c ffffd c fffff bf ffffc bbab ffffc bbab ffffd c b dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE CreateAllocation x ffffd c fffff b e b f df bfb ffffd c b ffffc c cc ffffc b f dxgkrnl DxgkCreateAllocation x ffffd c b ffb a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x f df bed x ffb a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP igdkmd a fffff cd a cmp dword ptr rax h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME igdkmd a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME igdkmd IMAGE NAME igdkmd sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e FAILURE BUCKET ID AV igdkmd a BUCKET ID AV igdkmd a ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km av igdkmd a FAILURE ID HASH edfec - d- f - b -a bdc dec Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Laptop crashes when playing games.

Update your Intel graphics driver.

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584121/laptop-crashes-when-playing-games/
Relevancy 66.65%

it happen when playing games and it does not happen right away it happen at random time
? OS - Windows 10 - Desktop
? x64 ?
? custom Built PC
? the OS full retail version
? 1 year and half
? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know)
? a year

? Intel Core I7 3770k
? Geforce GTX 670
? Asus p8z77-v lk
? Corsair - CX600M

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-crashes-playing-games-1148321.html
Relevancy 66.65%

every time im in a game for more than 1 hour, the system freezes and blairs a screaching sound through the speakers. games crashed so far:

tf2
hafe life 2
Hellgate london

i checked power, not the problem, as far as I can tell, im going to test all the connections soon. so if any one has any ideas what to look for as far as software. I know my hardware to damn well, lick the 12v rail. LOL

A:pc crashes will playing new title games!

Hey Deathdread

welcome to TSF

Can you post some of your system specs please, so i can more clearly identify the cause of your issue
regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-will-playing-new-title-games-232560.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Every Game i play on my computer crashes my computer or the game closes out at random times sometimes the sound goes out as well here are my pc specs CPU Intel Core i - K Quad-Core Processor GHz MOTHERBOARD Asus MAXIMUS V GENE Z mATX DDR Intel LGA POWER SUPPLY Corsair Professional Series Watt ATX EPS Modular PLUS Platinum Power Supply AX GRAPHICS CARD GeForce GTX TI Playing Crashes While Computer Games RAM GB G Skill DDR PC - MHz Ripjaw Series - - - Dual Channel kit F - CL D- Computer Crashes While Playing Games GBRL DXDIAG ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name UNCLE SAM Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode DxDiag Previously Crashed in system information stage Re-running DxDiag with quot dontskip quot command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS F amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model ASUS VE Monitor Id ACI F Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HDMI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF- F D- A CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x F Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess Y... Read more

A:Computer Crashes While Playing Games

Aside from gaming or other CPU-heavy tasks, does it crash?

Possible overheating.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-while-playing-games.1127145/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello my computers is crashing when I start up Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft When it first happen playing when games Computer Crashes I check the temperature of my GTX graphic card and it was overheating at degrees surprised so I downclock the GPU putting a cap of how high the temperature can go This has made the issue go away for about a month but the issue has return with the temperature under control at degrees When my computer crash it would most of the time just restart but a few time it gave me the BSOD sometime the BSOD doesn't complete and freezes If the computer doesn't crash during about the first minutes of the game then it would not crash during the rest of the game session but tend to crash about of the time I start Computer Crashes when playing games up the game Right now Computer Crashes when playing games I am avoiding the crashing by playing the game at lowest setting giving my graphic card temperature at degrees Can the data you ask me to provide can confirm that the culprit is the graphic card hardware issue that is the culprit or another hardware like the power supply Corsair Gaming Series -Watt ATX EPS Bronze that is having issue

A:Computer Crashes when playing games

Do you overclock anything else? Memory or CPU?

I would suggest that you update your BIOS to the most recent version.
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Driver & Tools - CM6850

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43461-computer-crashes-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I dont know why this keeps happening. It is a fairly new computer. AMD 64 3400 1 gig ram.. and as of now GeForce4 mmx 64... I dont have a lot of specifics on my problem, but when ever i play a game, Counter-Strike/ Warcraft 3, what ever it may be my computer will crash. I can be playing for 10 minutes or i can be playing for an hour. I am dissappoined because i want a reliable computer that i can play games on but for some reason it will crash and restart... when it boots back up it says windows has recovered from a serious error... soo im like wtf... like i said its a new computer and even with the geforce 4 graphics card it sill should be able to play those games with out crashing, i mean they are not high graphic demand games... so could you guys help me get this figured out please...

Relevancy 66.65%

I am sorely afriad I already know what the problem is but I am hoping it is somwthing different so I ask your help First and foremost let me say that my computer has worked perfectly fine for about months without any problems Previous to that I had to learn the hard way that gigabytes bargain mobos arent ment to be trusted My system now is AMD athlon ghz abit KN v mobo PCIe ati X pro gb of ddr ram watt antec PSU Then for some reason a couple weeks ago games on steam would start glitching then about min later my computer would crash Sometimes the screen would turn black or the game would freeze with looping sounds forcing me to reboot At first I thought it was just steam as this is not the first time STEAM has messed something up and had to be reinstalled So I followed the STEAM tech support forums and reinstalled drivers for damn near everything I am not a real big game player eaither so the Computer when games playing crashes only games I really ever play anymore are on STEAM So I reinstall STEAM but the problem continues and actaully begins to get worse To the point that it is Glitching then crashing after about min So then I figured something is deathly wrong with STEAM so I try a different game Samething happens to that game Thats when I realize I have a big Uh Oh on my hands So I do the google thing looking for the same problem on the net and a potential solution I have come to the conclusion that it could be damn near anything So I began to rule things out Computer crashes when playing games First I reinstalled windows Got the newest drivers for all my hardware Still doesnt Computer crashes when playing games work I even tried back issue drivers for my vid card mobo NET framework audio drivers everything I could think of Second I checked my cooling I am not an overclocker and I have fans on my case so my CPU runs at an average of C and the SYS is around C So I would play game crash then immiediatly reboot to bios and check temps It showed things being a little hotter about CPU C and sys C Which I believe would be considered cold to other systems when playing games But to be on the safe side I took the side off my case and got a house fan SYS droped to about C and CPU stayed at about - C when it would crash Third I thought maybe some in a million chance that dust bunnies have clogged something or done something wrong So I take the sides off my tower and give it a nice compressed air cleaning Lots of dust I then take my video card out and look for blown circuits and the likes I then put it all back together and tried again still notta Forth I read somewhere that it might be my memory So I did the memtest for a solid hours strait No problems there but problem still exists Fifth I thought it might be a power problem The x is not a beefy card at all and I have watt PSU but you never know So I hooked the house fan up again diconnected all case fans and tried again Nope Still crashes I have almost come to the point were I just except the fact that my video card has retired and refuses to do anything remotely stressfull So I am hoping you guys have some other ideas I havent thought of yet And if you have actaully read all of this I know your dedicated and thank you Thanks JAKE nbsp

A:Computer crashes when playing games

Wow. I really have to congratulate you on everything you've done so far... and your patience. I suppose one of the only options remaining is to test the video card in another pc if you can. Also, I don't know if you can but if you could find out how hot the card itself is running that might help too. You've tried almost everything else... I'm thinking the same thing as you at the moment

I am sorely afriad I already know what the problem isClick to expand...

but get back to us with that info and someone can make sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-playing-games.53613/
Relevancy 66.65%

Whenever i'm playing league of legends my monitor will get a black screen and my sound goes all disorted making a weird noise and my computers power button is still lit up but I have to hold it for seconds to restart I've playing when computer games My crashes been playing this game for over a year and i've had this critical error before but it very My computer crashes when playing games rarely happened and since about weeks ago i've been getting it between - times per game they last around mins Heres the error -Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x -TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation-Execution ProcessID ThreadID ChannelSystemComputerPC-Security UserID S- - - -EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgressfalsePowerButtonTimestamp I've updated all my drivers and done a memory diagnostic test which gave me a hardware error so I guess thats the cause but i'm not sure what to do or how My computer crashes when playing games to fix it Thanks

A:My computer crashes when playing games

What did you use to run the memory diagnostic?

If you used Windows Memory Diagnostics D/L Memtest+ burn it to a CD using a free program like Imgburn if you need one then boot from the CD to test the ram, let it run for at least 6 passes or until you see an error.

Any error means a bad ram stick, at that point you would need to test them 1 at a time by removing all but 1 stick running the test and then swapping the stick for another.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/my-computer-crashes-when-playing-games-633753.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a 9200se PCI graphics card. When start to play a game like Counter Strike Source, Far Cry, etc the screen gets all messed up...cant really explain. then ati VPU recover comes up and I just turn off the computer. This is the first time this has ever happened. I remember I can play hours of Counter Strike Source or Far Cry without any problems. I dont know why, now it starts to act up.

One of my friends mentioned over heating. I dont know if this is the problem because why would it over heat now? and not 1 weeks ago when I was owning n00bs????? now it looks like im the noob now..........

Relevancy 66.65%

Hello everyone back a month or so ago I wish I knew what is causing it but almost every game Computer crashes games playing when not all or maybe they just didn't get the chance to crashes to desktop with no error Computer crashes when playing games message After it has already crashed Computer crashes when playing games I cannot go back into the game or for that matter any other program be it Skype be it Google Chrome be it anything which attempt always results in a different error message of which i've seen some say kernel in them After said game crashes if I try to go back into it all the textures are like on a broken TV - crazy lines and such my only fix is to reboot the computer and hope it won't happen again soon I am using Windows x Computer crashes when playing games GTX Ti used to happen with my older GT as well Unlocked Athlon II x to Phenom II x B used to happen before I ever initially unlocked the core and x gb RAM sticks I have tried using the built in Windows Memory Checker or whatever it is to check if the RAM sticks are holding up and they did not display errors for runs If required I will do it for more runs Initially I thought it was Skype since every time it would crash skype would die first displaying a Skype has stopped working error but me still being able to hear people at the time it's stopped working but them not being able to hear me So I quit Skype I never used it again Problems went away or so I thought It started doing the same thing with Mumble So it wasn't skype I looked and looked everywhere for solutions and such so I came by a thread where a guy had fixed it by resetting his BIOS settings to default or pretty much resetting or deleting the CMOS settings Well I did that and seconds into Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag it would just freeze and force me to wait minutes literally for the task manager to appear so I can kill the task I don't have a clue what to do if there's any updates I will post In the event logs on ANY game crash the exception code is xc with task category and APPCRASH displaying the said game's executable I am attaching a copy of my DxDiag and a couple of event log files Forgot to mention my NVIDIA drivers are up to date and so are my audio VIA HD I have also tried a complete wipe of my hard drive and a full reinstall of windows The problem still persists All I could think of is something messing with the drivers as GPU and CPU temperatures are on point all around - C Update I have tried reinstalling my Windows again with a different retail disk but the problem still persists which I think points outwards of windows files I have also done runs on memory diagnostic with no errors Any help is appreciated greatly Thank you very much for your time Faulting application name mumble exe version time stamp x f bFaulting module name opus dll version time stamp x f Exception code xc Fault offset x c f Faulting process id xdd Faulting application start time x d dc cd Faulting application path C Programs Mumble mumble exeFaulting module path C Programs Mumble opus dllReport Id ad -bdcf- e - a - d d bFaulting application name AC BFSP exe version time stamp x ac eFaulting module name AC BFSP exe version time stamp x ac eException code xc Fault offset x ecdbbFaulting process id x b cFaulting application start time x d d c c Faulting application path C Games Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag AC BFSP exeFaulting module path C Games Assassin's Creed IV - Black Flag AC BFSP exeReport Id d e -bfc - e -a - d d bFaulting application name GTA exe version time stamp x c Faulting module name GTA exe version time stamp x c Exception code xc Fault offset x a cFaulting process id x fcFaulting application start time x d e adc beFaulting application path C Games Grand Theft Auto V GTA exeFaulting module path C Games Grand Theft Auto V GTA exeReport Id ee c c d-ba d- e -b fa- d d bFaulting application name Skype exe version time stamp x d fFaulting module name Skype exe version time stamp x d fException code ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603428/computer-crashes-when-playing-games/
Relevancy 66.65%

Earlier this year, i got myself
Mobo XFX 8300 + AMDathlon7750
i used em with my old GeForce 8500
everything was fine for 2-3 months but later, the computer crashes
only when playing games.
i thought it was the graphic card so i removed it, still crashes.
and then i bought PSU gigabyte superb 720, still crashes.
i resulted into formatting my HD but no luck.

the strange thing is i can do anything with my pc for hours and it wouldn't crash unless i play any game.
so i'm seeking help to find what is wrong with my PC.

my guess is that i corrupted something because before i bought the new PSU, i'm using an old one.

A:Computer crashes only when playing games

Can you provide any errors? What OS are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-only-when-playing-games.851073/
Relevancy 66.65%

PC Stats OS - Windows XP Pro Service Pack CPU - Intel Pentium D Ghz Graphics My When Games Crashes! Constantly PC Playing Card - mb nVidia Geforce GT Ram - gb DDR II PSU - w Arctic Power Anyway here's the problem This particular problem started around days ago and up until then the PC has performed perfectly with hardly ANY problems whatsoever so I was surprised to see this start happening all of a sudden for no particular reason Whenever I'm playing any games on the PC Mainly World of Warcraft When Playing Games My PC Constantly Crashes! which is hardly a heavily hardware dependent game I get about mins into the When Playing Games My PC Constantly Crashes! game and the WHOLE PC just crashes I can't even CTRL ALT DEL etc or close the game amp so I have to manually reset the computer I thought that the problem was to do with the game so I uninstalled amp reinstalled it but it carried on happening I then tried playing a different game which I've been playing for years on this PC with no problems GTA San Andreas and the same thing happened I went to When Playing Games My PC Constantly Crashes! nVidia amp updated my graphics drivers to the newest ones but still the same situation I took a screenshot of Everest aswell to make sure all the voltages temps looked OK and they seem to be fine but here it is anyway Anyway I could really do with some help regarding this because I'm sure you can appreciate it's pretty annoying as it's just come out of the blue all of a sudden and I've no idea why

A:When Playing Games My PC Constantly Crashes!

Hi Vanchatron !

Your PSU is failing, the +3.3 and +12V lines are out of specs. Double check the readings in the BIOS : repeatedly press del at startup and locate the hardware monitor screen, everest sometimes gives misreadings. Check that the PSU fan is working properly, blow some compressed air through it when the computer is turned off.

If the voltages stay the same replace the PSU with a good quality 450W+ one with active PFC and 20 amps on the 12V rail. Check the recommended models in this thread : http://www.techsupportforum.com/f210...on-192217.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/when-playing-games-my-pc-constantly-crashes-318090.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i dont know why these bsod s or crashes coming. i tried to update my drivers it didnt work. if you need more information just reply here i will answer it as soon as i see it

A:BSODs or Crashes While Playing Games

You have 8 different crash codes in a total of 16 different crashes. This is often an indication of a problem originating from your hardware, the windows install, or less likely malware.

Before we look more in depth at the hardware please do the following:

Warning
Please remove RivaTuner as it is a known cause of BSODs
RTCore64.sys Mon Mar 11 01:32:06 2013 (513D6C56)
RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTCore64.sys

Information
Please update the following drivers or remove the programs associated with them. Out of date drivers can lead to system instability.
IOMap64.sys Thu Feb 4 20:55:34 2010 (4B6B7A96)
ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2
Driver Reference Table - IOMap64.sys

WMDrive.sys Sat Sep 25 13:50:51 2010 (4C9E367B)
WinMount File Driver for x86
Driver Reference Table - WMDrive.sys

Please perform the following hardware tests:
RAM diagnosticsDownload HD Tune to check the status of your HD and file system. Check the "Health" tab, and perform the "Error Scan".

Code:
**************************Wed May 29 09:45:04.167 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [F:\Programs\sysnative\SysnativeBSODApps\052913-11668-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 0:23:40.817
Probably caused by :dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocations+a7 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880078eb057, fffff88010427850, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff880078eb057, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88010427850, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: dota.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocations
BIOS Version F12
BIOS Release Date 05/30/2012
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name GA-990XA-UD3
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Wed May 29 09:20:50.690 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [F:\Programs\sysnative\SysnativeBSODApps\052913-12776-01.dmp]
System Uptime:1 days 0:56:09.450
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag+47e )
BugCheck C5, {fffffa80043e3de8, 2, 1, fffff80372e8e486}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80043e3de8, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff80372e8e486, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xC5_2
PROCESS_NAME: steamerrorrepo
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xC5_2_nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag
BIOS Version F12
BIOS Release Date 05/30/2012
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name GA-990XA-UD3
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Sat May 25 09:29:36.307 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [F:\Programs\sysnative\SysnativeBSODApps\052513-30154-01.dmp]
System Uptime:4 days 20:27:02.370
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpKcbCacheLookup+1b0 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8005b462968, fffff8801052c390, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff8005b462968, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8801052c390, Address of the context recor... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25816-bsods-crashes-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello for a while now my computer has been playing up whenever i play games and i guess the load on it increases Sometimes i get blue screens with an error message of irql not less or equal sometimes its KMODE exception not handled or other times the screen goes solid red and the audio buzzes away i ran prime torture test and saw the cpu temp increase to c quickly so i stopped without it crashing i have looked at hw monitor and usually see the idle cpu games playing and crashes BSOD and gpu temps usually around c its worth noting i currently have a fan out as the psu i bought does not have enough sockets but the issues predate the changing of the PSU I will be replacing the psu soon zip and rar attached hopefully those are the files you need here some info you may need currenlty running Windows x Windows previously i installed windows Hardware has been replaced along the way but the oldest components the CPU motherboard and fans are prob about or years now Windows installed months ago I havent reinstalled at all The BSOD were happening before i upgraded to AMD Phenom x t black edition Just put in a sapphire nitro radeon r gb the BSOD also happened with the old graphics card i believe the motherboard is asus m a td usb or at least thats what is displays when i turn the power on i also just put this PSU in some ACE rubbish brand at w I have a desktop pc Please help me find what is causing this and solve it Thanks in advance

Relevancy 66.65%

The games I'm getting these problems with are Killing Floor 2, Fallout 4, and GTA V. I'm not doing anything in particular to cause these crashes, they seem to just happen over a certain amount of time, with Killing Floor 2 about 15 minutes of game play.

GAMINGDESKTOP-Tue_01_19_2016_132313_77.zip

Thank you for any help, and let me know if you need any more information.

A:Bluescreen Crashes While Playing Various Games

Many dumpfiles mention memory corruption and hardware (Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!ADAPTER_RENDER)

Start with testing your memory and stressing your GPU
Please start withdiagnosing the system RAM first. You can use the free tool "Memtest86+"to stress test the RAM.

How to run "Memtest" - RAM -Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 - Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory DiagnosticTool

You can stop the test even if a single error is found during the test.Otherwise continue the test for 7-10 passes and post a screenshot with nextreply. 7 passes is the recommended bare minimum but more passes will givebetter result.

Run "Prime95"stability test.
Hardware- Stress Test With Prime95 -Windows 7 Help Forums

Choose"SmallFFT" test and also select "Round offChecking"from "Advanced" menu (read reply #1). Runthe test for 3-4hours and upload the "Result.txt" file itcreates.

Videotest Furmark

FurMarkdownload site: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Cardand GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature |oZone3D.Net
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPUTemperature"
Click "Go" to start the test (Looks like it's "BURN-INtest" now)
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start havingproblems (whichever comes first).
NOTE: Set the alarm to go off at 90?C. Then watch the system from thatpoint on. If the system doesn't display a temperature, watch it constantly andturn it off at the first sign of video problems. DO NOT leave itit unmonitored, it can DAMAGE your videocard!!!
If the temperature gets above 100?C, quitthe test - the video card is overheating.
- Click "Quit" to exit

What you are looking for:
- excessive heat from the GPU (report back with anything over 90?C)
- problems with the video display (picture is distorted or jumbled, pictureturns black, etc)
- problems reported by the program (I haven't seen this, but "just incase")
If both tests show/give no errors.
And your system keeps BSOD-ing.

You can enable"Driver Verifier" according to instructions from the below link

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable in Windows 10
"Verifier" is a Microsoft's own tool to stress test third partydrivers and find the buggy one. If it detects a violation, a blue screen willbe created immediately and the dump will give us the name of offending driver straight forward. After enabling "Verifier" , system will be a bit slow and laggy during to the background verification process. After you got two or more blue screens, please upload the new crash dumps and we will know whether the issue is caused by third party drivers or low level hardware (averifier enabled dump which blames Windows system files is a clear confirmation of hardware problem).
"Verifier" should be only used to monitor third party drivers.Selecting Microsoft system drivers is totally unnecessary and doing so may make the system nonbootable. First read instructions from the below link and set "Windows" to write "Small Memory dumps".
SetMiniDump
Then enable "verifier" and select all.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38015-bluescreen-crashes-while-playing-various-games.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello, recently my computer crashes at random when playing certain games, my mother is paticularly upset when it crashes on her, and I would like to somehow solve this problem, I have no idea what information is needed to trouble-shoot this issue, so if someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 66.65%

Issue Randomly once playing crashes games. while Daily to twice a day my computer will freeze up then either begin chopping the screen up before Daily crashes while playing games. completely locking up while I can still hear sound Daily crashes while playing games. and speak to my friends in skype Other times it will Daily crashes while playing games. fully lock up looping the audio Sometimes it will say quot Nvidia display drivers have stopped responding but have recovered quot Only with the TI When the computer falls asleep it instantly locks up It won t even go into a full sleep Desktop Specs Cpu - AMD Phenom II x t ghz Gpu - PNY Nvidia GTX TI Also have a EVGA TI Issues remain no matter which card Ram - x Crucial Ballistix Sport gb - x ADATA gb Mobo - Asus M A LE R PSU - Corsair CX Also have a CX I ve been trying to place into my desktop but the screws in the back are stripped so I ve been having a bad time trying to pull the out HDD Western Digital Blue Edition TB HDD e I swapped my PSU to the CX and I switched my ram to different slots - now running dual channel issue still exists With multicore rendering on in CSGO it seems to force shutdown my PC almost as if I had unplugged it from the wall with Multicore rendering off I can play but I still get the graphical error after a while nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Allright so I bought my PC about years ago I will games PC playing crashes/freezes while post my specs at the end of my post When I recently bought Call of Duty Modern Warfare I found out about the following problem When I play certain maps online after sometimes seconds and sometimes minutes my screen either looses contact with my monitor Like its shut off or shows me alot of colored stripes vertically on the screen and my PC now is uncontrollable Also the last sound I hear d PC crashes/freezes while playing games keeps looping sometimes slow and sometimes quick like sort of a screeching sound I cant do anything but hold the on off button on PC crashes/freezes while playing games my case I PC crashes/freezes while playing games remember I also had this problem with Crysis about half a year ago but it only happened once in maybe hours playing so at the time I thought it had something to do with my crysis play disk scratched or something like that I made a short video about what happens and uploaded it http video yahoo com watch I not sure but I dont think its heat related becuase It also happen when I turn on my pc when I get home and play the game right away it still crashes in seconds at some maps Also at a few other maps I can play for like - hours without anything happening I really hope some one can help me with this My specs Power Supply W Coolermaster Motherboard ASUS P K Processor Intel Core Duo E - GhZ Graphics ATI Radeon HD RAM Nanya GB GDDR HDD Samsung Gb nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

So whenever playing games my computer will unpredictably crash I think this probably means that there s a problem with my graphics card I m sure my drivers are up to date but don t know how to check When it crashes I sometimes hear a loud screech through my headphones and my monitor says there s no input crashes build when games... playing First For example yesterday I played Assassin s Creed III and had it crash after - minutes of playing I then installed some GPU monitoring software and had it log the next time I played I then played hours worth I tabbed First build crashes when playing games... out to check some things a few times then it crashed again I checked the log and couldn t see anything that looked abnormal The First build crashes when playing games... GPU Log http pastebin com KzA Tx Switch on Text-Wrapping For some reason it seems to crash more frequently when playing Mass Effect Games I know crash Chivalry Medieval Warfare Mass Effect Assassin s Creed III Spec Ops The Line Trials Evolution Gold Edition The Walking Dead and War of the Roses Tech Support Guy System First build crashes when playing games... Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC P Z -V LX Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I really don t know what to do this was my first build and any help is appreciated thank you nbsp

A:First build crashes when playing games...

Your brand of power supply?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/first-build-crashes-when-playing-games.1094085/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi guys I m new here and I this forum seemed like you guys can help me BTW I m don t know a lot about computers so if I left anything out please tell ask me My computer keeps crashing about - minutes as I m into playing a game I get crashes for Madden NBA Live and Civillization IV and those are the only games I have played so I doubt it s the games I have Windows Vista but I am almost certain that it s not the operating system s problem since one of the games was working perfectly fine a while back This is what While Playing Crashes Computer Games I get sometimes or I would get a blue screen and it would say something about crash dumping physical memory no exact but some key words and it would start to load System Specs Windows Vista Home Premium AMD Athlon Computer Crashes While Playing Games X Processor NVIDIA GeForce SE Hard Drive GB SATA MB DDR RAM PSU w Things I tried Reformatted the computer I ve done this twice and it still has the same problem Put another fan beside my computer preventing it from overheating I had the exact same problem a while ago with my computer and it seemed to work until I reformatted this computer now it doesn t work anymore Installed up-to-date Direct X and video card Direct X and Driver from NVIDIA com Installed Windows Vista Updates Yeah any help nbsp

A:Computer Crashes While Playing Games

You might need another higher wattage power supply, or try another video card... Vista is very picky when it comes to hardware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-while-playing-games.86635/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello forums About months ago i built a new computer with different parts that i bought from the internet on a swedish pc website I was really excited to get to play some high quality games but was quickly turned down when it started crash while playing high quality games I thought it was overheating so i bought new fans for my computer and installed them all My GPU never gets higher than degrees celcius But it just keeps crashing There is only games that it crashes on so far That is quot Battlefield quot quot Far Cry quot and the game that i just bought yesterday quot Dead Space quot I have asked EVERYWHERE for advice on how to fix it NOTHING worked I m getting really sick of this and i really need help to fix this How it looks like when it crashes is that the screen just goes black or greyish with black stripes and the sound starts to buzz louder and louder so i have to force shut it off I have ran some tests lately to see how my pc reacts to stress tests Here is the results When i ran furmark for about - minutes my GPU got up to degrees and stayed there When i ran prime to test my CPU i got Core games playing Computer while crashes C Core C Core C Core C When i ran furmark and prime at the same time i got C on my GPU and C on Computer crashes while playing games Core Core C Core C Core C I also ran a min stress test to see how my GPU reacts I saw no defects except that my GPU went up Computer crashes while playing games to C instead of C And all drivers are up to date Here are my specs Powersupply watt PSU Processor Intel Core i K Computer crashes while playing games GHz Ivy Bridge Motherboard ASRock Z M mATX Memory Corsair GB CL MHz VENGEANCE Harddrive GB WB Caviar Blue Graphics card Gigabyte Radeon HD MB OC nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Here are my computer specs:
- CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9750
-Ram: 8 GB
-Hard drive: 750 GB
-Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9100 integrated graphics.
- PSU: 250 watt

I play video games fine on my computer, usually around 30 FPS. But sometimes, my FPS will drop to around 2 FPS, and stay like that for about 2 minutes, then return to normal. During this, my computer runs very slow. Does anyone know why it's doing this? (This just started recently. I've had my computer for about a year.)

A:Sudden crashes when playing video games

Totally wrong power supply for the equipment listed...
Have you tried just trading out the power supply for one with over 500 watts and good connectors, for a short test?

Depending on the brand and model of the 750 GB hdd, that could be contributing to the problem...

The CPU and the graphics card will also have peformance sufferance with that power supply

When you replace it, get a first class, decent one... from the many posts here on techspot... There are about 10 brands that are good and 80 that are bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-when-playing-video-games.151617/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have just built a PC with the following specs Rampage III Motherboard Intel i Processor Corsair dominator GB x XFX GT Newly games crashes when built playing pc SLi Coolermaster V CPU Cooler x Western Digital Raptor RAIDED Cosmos Pure Black Gaming case When playing high intense games the PC crashes The screen goes black and I can hear the game still in the background but its in a weird loop The only way is to power off the Newly built pc crashes when playing games PC I was originally using both cards Newly built pc crashes when playing games in SLi but went to only one because i thought it was some how overheating But it does the same thing Newly built pc crashes when playing games with one XFX card I have alternated the cards and does the same Im able to view the ASUS PC PROBE while playing Left Dead II in a full window mode It dosnt appear to be overheating On idle the CPU - MB - Both north and South Bridge around - is this normal When under strain the CPU goes to about MB - and north and south bridge stay pretty much the same I am sooo confused I just dont understand what could be causing this Everything in the PC is new except for the XFX Cards these were second hand but seem to be fine when playing not so intense games Any ideas would be greatly appreiciated nbsp

A:Newly built pc crashes when playing games

Try this simple diagnostic step: Take off your side panel and have a small fan on low setting blow directly into your system. Then play your most intense game. Any issues?

Also, have you updated the video card drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-pc-crashes-when-playing-games.154580/
Relevancy 66.22%

So the thing is that i dont get any BSOD now but in the start i had a few with error messages like memory managment irql not less or equal The computer is fairly new playing Temp while 80c not Pc games. above Crashes/Freezes months old It started behaving at first month by dropping frames on Metal GEar Solid and by having some of those BSOD i mention above I Called the Shop they assembled it and formatted windows as well and they told me to bring back to them which i did They didnt find anything at fault back then other than either formatting or system restoring windows I Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c got a crash or two occasionaly again but i started searchin the internet around this time without finding a solution to something At some time though it started freezing And by freezing i mean frozen screen non repsonsive to anything Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c alt - tab ctrl alt del alt Pc Crashes/Freezes while playing games. Temp not above 80c f with only way left to unfreeze was to hard restart or simply put holding power button for - seconds till it shutted down It was happening more with Overwatch but it happened with other games as well and sometimes even on youtube or in an idle state just leaving it open on youtube for example with a vid runnin I had another card at that time RADEON R MSI gb and i went ahead to download latest drivers from AMD Well for some reason it was unrecograzible in the begginin I unistalled from control panel previous drivers and it behaved very differently than previous times It didnt go down to resolution but it popped quot artifacts quot all around the screen at small resolution and some strange background color In safe mode which i tried installing the drivers windows stated that they were the wrong ones So i used system restore downloaded same drivers and they worked I dont know if that pinpoints somewhere just thought i should share Anyway after multiple freezes and hard restarts windows stopped starting powering on if they were shutdown I had to press the power button a hundred times and turn off power supply for it to start workin again and that wouldnt be always So i took back to the shop They kept it for tests and they found out that the power supply had to be changed and that it was RADEON graphic cards not only the one i had that caused the crashes since they used NVidia and it didnt crash on em SO they adviced me to swap card which i did with a NVIDIA GTX SC II ASX First day i got it back it crashed on overwatch so i searched around it emailed blizzard which sent me to turn of some background application though this guide Closing Background Applications - Blizzard Support which i followed but it still froze It also froze in some fighting games street fighter V amp blazblue multiple times already I had crashes today yesterday and more than in the last weeks that i got my pc back from service Drivers all updated Also another strange behaviour i noticed was in the game quot Life Goes On quot which sometimes i run the game and some knight that are supposed to be in the main menu background in d always when they are not there they are not in game as well Which are the characters that you use and i have to restart for this to be ressolved as well But hey no freeze at this one yet Sorry for long post but i m at a dead end and i m trying to explain as much as i can TL'DR version Computer freezes and needs to hold power button till it shutdown Got it back from service with new power supply and new graphic card but it still behavies the same Attached Log Collector below

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60983-pc-crashes-freezes-while-playing-games-temp-not-above-80c.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have just bought a new computer with the following specs
3.00 Ghz Intel core 2 Duo
ATI Radeon HD3870X2
4gb DDR3 Ram
500gb Hard driver
Asus P5E3 Mobo
650W Power Supply
Windows Vista 64 bit

The while playing games such as Call of Duty 4 and World in Conflict I can play for about 5 mins to 30 mins then my computer would randomly shut off and restart.
The weird thing is that it plays fine in other games like Crysis on high graphisc and I can play for hours and have no problems.
The CPU tempearature is about 50-60C while playing and the GPU is about 70-80
Does anyone know what the problem may be?
Thanks

A:Computer randomly crashes while playing games

Video drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-crashes-while-playing-games.107266/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys OK basically i'm having GSODs grey only whilst playing GSOD crashes games striped screen of death whenever I try to play Borderlands or BFBC GSOD crashes only whilst playing games its always about - mins into the game and ALWAYS happens The odd thing is that I was playing L D for months with not a sniff of a BSOD until now I've gone through test after test after test and made little progress into finding out whats wrong i've replaced the PSU HDD amp RAM in the hope that these might be causing the issues without GSOD crashes only whilst playing games getting into big s for a new GPU CPU or MB The system is circa Oct so components are still fairly new I'm GSOD crashes only whilst playing games not familiar with the more intrinsic areas of the PC like the Bios settings as i've never had a reason to be familiar with them so i've left my voltage settings on auto as I wouldn't have a clue as to what voltages I need to set everything to I've attached an analysis file in the hope that someone much cleverer than me can tell me what's wrong Thanks guys

A:GSOD crashes only whilst playing games

Quote: Originally Posted by ragefree

Hey guys,
OK, basically i'm having GSODs (grey striped screen of death) whenever I try to play Borderlands or BFBC2..its always about 3-5mins into the game and ALWAYS happens. The odd thing is that I was playing L4D2 for months with not a sniff of a BSOD until now.
I've gone through test after test after test and made little progress into finding out whats wrong + i've replaced the PSU, HDD & RAM in the hope that these might be causing the issues without getting into big ??s for a new GPU, CPU or MB.
The system is circa Oct 09...so components are still fairly new.

I'm not familiar with the more intrinsic areas of the PC like the Bios settings as i've never had a reason to be familiar with them so i've left my voltage settings on auto as I wouldn't have a clue as to what voltages I need to set everything to.
I've attached an analysis file in the hope that someone much cleverer than me can tell me what's wrong.

Thanks guys!

Hello Welcome to SF,

I guess it one of the Hardware that has caused the problem. Follow this link it should help you http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

Quote:
Run the Memory Diagnostic & HD Diagnostic

Also i would recommend to run System Integrity Checker
Start > Run > CMD >Right Click and Run as administrator > SFC/ SCANNOW

Validate whether the Windows is Genuine or Not: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/

Also i found that there is something worng with your Keybroard i guess the drivers are missing.

Code:
Standard PS/2 Keyboard ACPI\PNP0303\4&23F9C1E3&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Also ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY which is well known for problems please remove it. Go to Device Manager there you can find it just disable it from there. If you have installed any Asus Utilities uninstall it.

Code:
ATK0110 ACPI UTILITY ACPI\ATK0110\1010110 39
Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/72535-gsod-crashes-only-whilst-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My specs : (Everything is new and hardly a month old)
AMD FX 6300 cpu six cores

8 gb RAM
Nvidia GTX 750 ti 2 GB OC edition
Cooler master CM force 500 cabinet
PSU : Cooler Master 350w.
I am getting constant BSODs (some times random crashes with a program stopped working message) while playing NFS Rivals, Batman Arkham Origins, FIFA 14.. The games work fine on my other PC (core i5) so it is not the issue with games installed.
I had windows 7 ultimate edition first. When I started getting BSODs I changed the OS to windows 8.0 pro edition.
I tried changing RAM, diagonised HDD without any issues, reinstalled windows 8.0 pro (had windows 7 earlier which showed samw errors), uninstalled antivirus (BSOD appear with and without AV). Updating Nvidia drivers did not help either.

I even tried playing games on a clean windows install before installing any other applications.
I am considering swapping my Nvidia card with ATI Raedon, not sure it will work.

A:BSOD/random crashes while playing games

That 350 watt power supply may be too weak for your installed hardware, especially the video card...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-random-crashes-while-playing-games.204508/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell running Vista Home edition

For the last 3 days it crashes and goes to black screen and I have to turn of power to restart after about 10 minutes of nay game or playing a video

it is a year old any ideas?

many thanks

Tim

Relevancy 66.22%

First and foremost please bear with me and my poor technical skills I recently bought this pc for the sheer necessity of one I use it mostly for surfing video streaming light online gaming At first I encounter the BSOD while playing League of Legends with medium settings I get these IRQL NOT LESS THAN EQUAL WHEA somthing I really forgot to write it down sorry Chronological narration It only occurred first if and only if I was playing LoL so I thought it was a compatibilty prob so I just quit LoL But when I played this game Dragon Nest it too BSOD's or random crashes BSOD first at games. Then playing just plain PC crash So I thought ok I cant play these games BUT when it happened too in Dota I think that's too much of a coincidence Now my PC just random crashes and I really dont know why Please help me Maybe I BSOD at first playing games. Then random crashes can learn PC specs Core i - Geforce GT g ram Windows bit To the people who want to help me if I didnt post necessary data just please tell me I used Brinks option of posting instruction Thanks so much

A:BSOD at first playing games. Then random crashes

Is there a reason why you haven't installed Win8.1 yet? I ask to see if there were problems with it.

Only 119 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disk-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Please uninstall Razer GameBooster as it has been known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

Out of 6 memory dumps there were 5 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers) - such as Daemon Tools or Game Booster
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

You can get a head start on the hardware diagnostics if you'd like - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics

Post back if this doesn't stop the BSOD's and we'll suggest some other tests.
Good luck!

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Apr 10 06:05:45.796 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\041014-11828-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:39:31.440
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!EtwpLogKernelEvent+9d )
BugCheck A, {2, a, 1, fffff803b1ba73dd}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, memory referenced
Arg2: 000000000000000a, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff803b1ba73dd, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!EtwpLogKernelEvent
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3392
BIOS Version 4.6.5
BIOS Release Date 05/29/2013
Manufacturer ECS
Product Name H61H2-MV
**************************Thu Apr 10 02:37:37.724 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\041014-14000-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 11:47:52.306
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mssmbios.sys
Probably caused by :hardware ( nvlddmkm+1c89b5 )
BugCheck D1, {45, a, 1, fffff88007bcc9b5}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LE... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44221-bsod-first-playing-games-then-random-crashes.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey playing when specific games Computer crashes first time posting here Well I have a problem with my computer that I d like to fix As of now Computer crashes when playing specific games I ve found the crash problem in only two games Fallout GOTY and LoL League of Legends these games crash respectively after hour and after - minutes The crash goes something like this I m playing fine and all of a sudden the screen turns black but I can hear sound for - seconds after the - seconds pass there s just Computer crashes when playing specific games a stuttering noise and I can t do nothing but to restart the PC manually All this problem began when I was playing a Fallout DLC Operation Anchorage before that Fallout didn t crash or anything ir worked fine I ve tried some fixes like formating the PC updating the drivers system restore and reistalling both the games nothing worked PC Specs Windows Home Premium -Bit Service Pack Intel R Computer crashes when playing specific games Core TM i CPU GHz Nvidia GForce GB RAM So any ideas And if you need more info tell me but you gotta know I m kinda noob on PC s so maybe you gotta explain me nbsp

A:Computer crashes when playing specific games

Open the computer and check for dust and other debris

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-when-playing-specific-games.213188/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone, my computer has been having random crashes recently whenever i play games. Sometimes it crashes after 2 hours, and sometimes it crashes after 30 minutes. I've checked the temperature and everything, and its all below 60 C, so it shouldn't be overheating.
I checked my Event Viewer and here is the error that i get:

Description:
Faulting application name: DefaultTabSearch.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x511246e7
Faulting module name: DefaultTabSearch.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x511246e7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00002c60
Faulting process id: 0x7dc
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce5e64d3f7703f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DefaultTab\DefaultTabSearch.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DefaultTab\DefaultTabSearch.exe
Report Id: 12ae27d7-ca58-11e2-81f1-50e549485f7b

Please help!

A:Computer randomly crashes when playing games.

Hello Fenrich -
I hope that I have the correct version of "Games" that you have problems with.
Normally this is not a first option, but try to disable UAC while you play a game for a while and see the result.

Post back with results, and any other Event Viewer error if it fails again -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496615/computer-randomly-crashes-when-playing-games/
Relevancy 66.22%

my pc keeps crashing when I play high end games only when I play high end games it will crash low spec games is fine and any other time its fine, it gose black screen and then restarts and some times it just gose black screen and I have to press the power button again to turn it off and back on I dont no what the problem is iv got all the drivers up to date checked for viruses checked registry put new paste on the CPU as it was running hotter then it should fort that would of fixed it but nothing tried using another PC tower still nothing I been using speccy to check how hot everything is and its fine just turns off cant find the problem, help would be really appreciated

my PC spec is:
core i7 2.8Ghz
8GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 480
800W PSU

A:PC crashes when playing high spec games

Not a gamer, so I don't know whether the games you're having problem w/ are only GPU intensive or both GPU & CPU. Best thing might be to stress test your CPU & GPU separately.

You can run something like Furmark to stress test your graphics card. For CPU, maybe Prime95.

Hopefully one of these can help you rule out your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashes-when-playing-high-spec-games.181569/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello and thanks and Plex Playing Using When Crashes Video Games PC in advance You guys have helped me before I hope I'm posting in the right place Recently my computer started to crash while playing video games I built this computer several years ago and it's been working great for most of that time minus the memory issue that you guys helped me with before Occasionally it PC Crashes When Playing Video Games and Using Plex would crash when we used it to run PC Crashes When Playing Video Games and Using Plex Plex watching the movies on the Roku player However it didn't happen often Last month I started playing Farcry and that's when I really stared to have problems About halfway through the game it started to freeze randomly and send me back to the desktop usually the desktop would be frozen up as well but I could hit Cntrl Alt Del to shut down the unresponsive game Toward the end of the game this started to happen more and more frequently but sometimes I could continue to play for long periods of time with no problem I thought it was that particular game I have others and didn't experience problems with them but I haven't played the others much recently I actually finished the game somehow and was happy to delete it Next I installed Max Payne but I was having the same issue with that one In fact I could barely play for a minute or two without a crash Only this time my monitor is saying that it's lost HDMI signal and the computer freezes up to the point that I have to hold down the power button to turn it off I deleted that game and tried one that had worked fine previously Dying Light I'm getting the exact problem with that one Sometimes I get booted back to the desktop sometimes the screen goes black and the computer freezes I started thinking my video card could be taking a crap I have had it overclocked so I decided to return the setting to the default clock speeds It didn't make any difference I also updated my drivers but again nothing changed I'm worried that my video card is to blame It was expensive and I've only had it for a couple of years Regardless I'm out of my league on this one and I could really use some help Help me Obi Wan you're my only hope

A:PC Crashes When Playing Video Games and Using Plex

Hello there, 

Perhaps the problem comes from your desktop casing/fans setup itself? Maybe they overheat and that causes the machine to freeze/crash? Or the card is not good enough for your heavy games and needs to be upgraded.

Hope this helps! 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/594421/pc-crashes-when-playing-video-games-and-using-plex/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and the computer would restart it happened when playing high requirement games mostly That has not happened in a long time but now a new problem occurred Two days ago i installed WoW and while i was playing it with my friend it froze a couple of times like - times a day I know very little about computers but i will tell you what i crashes/freezes games Random playing when know When it freezes the screen stay frozen for a - seconds then it Random crashes/freezes when playing games says quot DVI no signal quot keyboard doesn't work while it is frozen but Skype was working fine Me and my friend continiued to communicate normally even though it was frozen the freezing also happened in less requiring games like Hearthstone however it never froze in Overwatch don't know if that means anything I was hoping to find help here or if someone can tell me which programs to download for monitoring my PC and logging its behavior Thank You p s - i also included a photo of the problem from a year ago if it helps

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61884-random-crashes-freezes-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone I dont know why but since about a month ago my computer has started intermitently crashing whenever I play a game of any kind It will play for a while - anywhere between minutes and an hour if im lucky - and crashes games, new Computer playing while issue. then all of a sudden the screen will go black almost as if it was turning itslef off and on again and I get a message saying quot no input quot The Computer crashes while playing games, new issue. last sound to be played will sometimes go on a continuous loop or the sound will just continue as normal The computer becomes completely unresponsive and I have to do a forced shutdown just to reset it it has no reset button anyway It seems to do it with any game I play be they brand new or ones that i ve been playing for months so I know its not just a compatability problem I have updated the video and graphics drivers about times now including deleting them and re-installing them from scratch Occasionally I will actually get the typical windows message after rebooting saying quot your system has recovered from an error check for solution quot but when I tell it to it doesnt give me any results I have expanded the message before and i saw those dreaded words quot Blue Screen quot but again windows doesnt offer any kind of solution Heres the kicker If I dont play any games the computer will happily continue running unhindered for hours and hours and hours playing videos using the internet ANYTHING just wont play games Here are the specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Motherboard Packard Bell ET Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

My laptop is about 2 months old now and when ever I play games I usually get a BSOD crash within half to an hour every time. I personally have no clue how to fix these problems or read a dumb file correctly.

I have added an attachment with my latest crash logs any help would be much appreciated.

I used option 2 tool as well for bsod

A:BSOD crashes MSI GT70 mainly while playing games

Only 15 Windows updates installed ensure that you have ALL Windows Updates. Most Windows 8.1 system have around 55 or moreupdates on average). Please also install the windows 8.1 update 1. Windows 8.1 Update and Windows RT 8.1 Update also include security and performance updates, and they must be installed for your PC to receive any future security updates for Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1.

The following devices have problems.

<

Device><![CDATA[Virtual Bluetooth Support (Include Audio)]]></Device>
<PNP_Device_ID><![CDATA[BTHENUM\{CBECAB40-A2C8-4AB3-ADC1-DE0FE95D8600}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&D514EBC&0&000000000000_00000000]]></PNP_Device_ID>
<Error_Code><![CDATA[This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.]]>

<Device><![CDATA[Bluetooth LWFLT Device]]></Device>
<PNP_Device_ID><![CDATA[BTHENUM\{DD533152-01F4-435C-ABFE-984BC21A2A65}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&D514EBC&0&000000000000_00000000]]></PNP_Device_ID>
<Error_Code><![CDATA[This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device.]

<Device><![CDATA[Bluetooth Audio Device]]></Device>
<PNP_Device_ID><![CDATA[BTHENUM\{61118058-486C-4BB0-B4B8-ACE4DCADEC44}_LOCALMFG&0000\8&D514EBC&0&000000000000_00000000]]></PNP_Device_ID>
<Error_Code><![CDATA[This device cannot start.]]></Error_Code>

Please make sure that you have the latest Windows 8.1 compatible Bluetooth drivers installed for it (drivers may be loaded before Windows disables the device).

The 3 dumpfiles blame win32k.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe .

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd000227586d0, ffffd00022758628, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!EnterCritAvoidingDitHitTestHazard+13 )
---------
5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruption
could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: ffffd000227586d0, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd00022758628, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
Debugging Details:
------------------

TRAP_FRAME: ffffd000227586d0 -- (.trap 0xffffd000227586d0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffff80263764928 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000003
rdx=ffffd00116f00180 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff802635f0a4f rsp=ffffd00022758860 rbp=fffff80263764928
r8=0000000000000000 r9=000000000000003d r10=fffff8026347b000
r11=ffffd00022758910 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1159f:
fffff802`6... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44616-bsod-crashes-msi-gt70-mainly-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am writing on behalf of my friend, who has the following problem: her Internet browser crashes and an error message appears soon after she starts playing flash-based games. This keeps happening in Internet Explorer, in Firefox and in Google Chrome. She sent me the error code, posted below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16421
Application Timestamp: 4d76255d
Fault Module Name: Flash10v.ocx
Fault Module Version: 10.3.183.5
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e3b7034
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 003aa4f1
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

She also sent me a recording made with Problem Steps Recorder, it's here:
https://rapidshare.com/files/1647588...ing_at_end.zip

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Browser crashes when playing flash games

The browser crashed because I think your are multi tasking and the memory cannot carry all the load you had been open that's why the browser crash.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-crashes-when-playing-flash-games.1015039/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I recently bought the Talos Principle from Steam I was playing with no problems for about half an hour Suddenly the picture began to stutter and my sound became distorted crackly After about a minute or so my computer shut itself off I rebooted it back up got stutters games. then crashes while certain playing laptop a bluescreen and had this cycling for a little while laptop stutters then crashes while playing certain games. After holding the power button with no power cable connected and then rebooting with my power output attached my computer powered back up A little digging in the Event Viewer threw this up The system was shut down due to a critical thermal event Shutdown Time amp amp - amp amp - amp T Z ACPI Thermal Zone TZ TZS CRT K This has happened before - last year while playing FIFA - Acer offered to replace hard-drive laptop stutters then crashes while playing certain games. It happened again with FIFA I should probably stop buying FIFA and now today with Talos For context I have about games installed on Steam at the minute and they all run perfectly fine I ve downloaded and run RealTemp and everything seems to be fine when I am just browsing the internet working listening to music etc Any idea what the problem might be how I could fix it Cheers SPECS Acer Aspire V - Windows -bit x -based processor Intel Core i GHz NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB GB RAM GB HDD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stutters-then-crashes-while-playing-certain-games.1139428/
Relevancy 66.22%

Basically while playing games like CSS or SC my computer while crash and loop the last games CSS, SC as: Recurring that occur playing crashes such while L4D, sound that was playing Also the screen will generally go black with brown or green lines running vertically down the monitor I had this issue before when I had windows vista but I upgraded to windows last year and thought the problem was gone unfortunately the upgraded did not fix Recurring crashes that occur while playing games such as: CSS, L4D, SC the problem I don't think the problem is one with my computer not being able to run these games since I can run games like Skyrim on high graphics settings fine for hours If possible Recurring crashes that occur while playing games such as: CSS, L4D, SC I would very much appreciate it if someone explained how to find and extract kernel dumps or small dump files that I could post here for someone to help me out with Just to clarify I am not getting a BSOD my computer just freezes or crashes if you will Because of this I cannot find any dump files in SystemRoot MEMORY DMP even when I search for it with the run application

A:Recurring crashes that occur while playing games such as: CSS, L4D, SC

Can you turn on Driver Verifier? That may induce the BSODs we need to produce crashdumps for info, and will help us discern if it's a hardware issue or not. If turning on DV and restarting into Windows does not cause a BSOD, then try playing one of the offending games with DV active and see if it'll induce a BSOD. You may need to wait a minute during a system hang for it to turn into a BSOD, but if it doesn't after 3 minutes, then it won't trigger a BSOD and you can do a hard reset.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272069-recurring-crashes-occur-while-playing-games-such-css-l4d-sc.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Okay, heres the problem, until a few days ago, i never had any BSOD on my system when i was running games in particular skyrim, however, until a few days ago, i had random BSOD crashes on my system, and it is bugging the hell out of me... Can someone help?

Here is my attached dmp files... Hopefully someone can help out..

Attachment 248147

A:BSOD... Frequent crashes when playing games...

Well to start all of the dumps point to this
1. MijXfilt.sys - MotioninJoy simulate Xbox 360 controller (virtual Xinput device) = i suggest uninstalling motionjoy, and restarting to see if issues further continue.
If issues no longer occur, then i suggest using a new software to run your xbox controller with.
If they do occur, make sure motionjoy is uninstalled and report back with new dumps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271839-bsod-frequent-crashes-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys at Windows 7 Help Forums,
For the past several months I have been having huge issues while playing games.
The issues seem to differ from game to game, however Dark souls 2 and occasionally Dota 2 will sometimes cause a BSOD. Sometimes instead of BSOD games will simply crash to desktop without warning or error messages. This happens anytime I want to play GTA 4, Dota 2 any bioshock titles and many other games. a large majority of my video games have become simply unplayable. From what I can tell all my drivers are up to date and my computer is free from malware.
My specs are pretty good and nothing appears to be overheating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

CPU - intel i5 quad core
Ram - 8gb
GPU - Geforce GTX 670
Motherboard - ASUS P8Z77-V LK

Kindest regards,
Blaise Parnell

A:BSOD and crashes to desktop playing certain games

Hi Blaise Parnell.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367291-bsod-crashes-desktop-playing-certain-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Randomly, when I am playing a video game on my computer, generally ones with higher quality graphics, my computer will freeze or the monitor will go into a sleep-like state, even though it is set not to do so. When it freezes it will usually, after 20 secs or so, goto the desktop and have an error about VPU Recover and something with an error report. When the monitor goes into a sleeplike state I have to restart my computer.

My system specs are
AMD Athlon 64 3200+
512 MB RAM
ATi Radeon 9600 Pro

I am using WinXP Pro.

Anyone have any clue whats going on and how to fix it? Thanks!

Relevancy 66.22%

i recently bought this desktop off of ebay everything worked fine for like a week at first i would get BSOD only while playing games like league of legends sometimes it'd happen every mins others it wouldnt happen all day and it usually would say something like IRQL not less or while LoL like WOW just games random and now playing BSOD crashes equal there were quite a few tho and the BS wouldnt stay up but more then seconds so kinda hard to get all it said but now my compputer is just straight up freezing BSOD while playing games like WOW and LoL now just random crashes and i dont even get BS it just freezes and stays there unable to do anything heres system info OS Name Microsoft Windows Professional Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name USER-PC System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model TF U-M System Type X -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Phoenix Technologies LTD PG SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name user-PC user Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys need anything else just lemme know thanks a bunch

A:BSOD while playing games like WOW and LoL now just random crashes

If it was shipped to you, first thing I would do is open it up and make sure all the parts are properly seated. All kinds of things could have come loose during shipment. Video card could be sideways in it's slot. Ram chips partially unseated. The heatsink may have even poped off partially and your CPU could be overheating and locking up.

It happens quite often on computers that get shipped around...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194319-bsod-while-playing-games-like-wow-lol-now-just-random-crashes.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
I have a problem with y computer, whenever I open up a game like LEFT 4 DEAD, Half Life or FIFA 09, the game works for 5 minutes or so until the screen goes black and the audio of the last second reapeats itself until manually closed, I don't know how to locate prequesties(srry). all I know is that I am running vista 64 bit, not sure which edition though, this happens for other steam games. I downloaded driver updatesbut still this happens, I am virus free and this still happens( sorry for the long post) HELP!!

Relevancy 66.22%

For the last months I struggle to fix this problem with no success At first I thought the hdd was failing but replacing it with a new one and clean installing new windows pro didnt solve anyrthing I still get Blue screen with sad face problem or black screen and either the pc hard crashes and resets or I have to manually restart it out of times it happens during playing games and not one particular After extended reading through forums and constantly looking the event viewer I understand I have same corrupted files in the system that cannot be fixed I did the dism Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth and it clearly states that I have some corrupted files in the system and cannot be repaired Please help me solve this and tell me if you know how did it appear in the first place because i used this system for over a year without any problems and suddenly without changing anything software or hardware this happens I am from Greece so excuse my english Also for some strange reason both windows and seems to think that something is wrong with my hard drive and continues to give me errors reffering to it which clearly is not the case because its a brand new ssd and all the test I did incuding a hour memtest for the ram come out just fine Here are the info of the system

A:Windows 7 and 10 crashes after 10-15 mins of playing games.

My grandson has been having this problem for months.  Ran memory diagnostic and found no errors.  There are zillions of errors in the event log.  Anxious to hear of a solution.  We upgraded to windows 10.  Upgraded the video card and the processor.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/608128/windows-7-and-10-crashes-after-10-15-mins-of-playing-games/
Relevancy 66.22%

hello everyone I ve had a really while games high-end playing 3d Computer crashes frustrating problem where my computer crashes about an hour into playing Call of Duty The screen freezes and Computer crashes while playing high-end 3d games is accompanied by scrambled audio and a really high pitched beeping noise The beep doesn t come in intervals it comes in one long beep like a heart monitor flat-lining The crash can come within minutes of gameplay or like an hour of gameplay and the only way to recover from the crash is to restart the computer I ve ruled out problems with my memory ran memtest fine and problems with my PSU installed a w PSU recently All my graphics and audio drivers are up to date I m not sure what the problem is Here are some system specs AMD Athlon tm X Dual core processor MHz GBs of RAM ATI Radeon x XT Mobo ASUS A N-SLI SB Audigy ZS Rosewill w PSU forgot the exact details but i dont see the PSU as the problem please help nbsp

A:Computer crashes while playing high-end 3d games

The causes are sometimes hard to track down, because there are so many possibilities: Excessive heat at the processor from inadequate cooling; Inadequate memory; Value Ram or other slow ram instead of modules with rapid timings; overheated video card; video card with inadequate memory; slow hard drive; cpu heatsink is not firmly seated with thermal paste; too much thermal paste which acts as an insulator; cpu fan is wearing out; dust and hair in any cooling fan or heat sink; hard drive is going bad; too much heat inside or simply inadequate case cooling; power supply is not up to the task and provides less reliable output as it overheats; Sound card is overheating or other PCI card unrelated to what you are doing is bad... such as a modem.
Different techs have various solutions for tracking down the problem, but all of the above may need to be examined before you determine the cause.
Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-while-playing-high-end-3d-games.96147/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi All, Been a while, this forum helped me a lot and is now my go to for some questions.

I have an issue, my graphics card which is an AMD Radeon R9 270 is crashing at certain points of game playing. Im sure a message pops but im stuck in the game and frozen that I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out of it and the mouse doesn't work so i end task using the keyboard.
I have the .evtx file if need be maybe someone can look at it and tell me exactly whats the causing the issue.

Thanks a lot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hl5vxzdaey...crash.rar?dl=0

A:Display Driver crashes when playing games.

Have you monitored temperatures? What version driver do you have installed?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/66158-display-driver-crashes-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Alright basically whenever I other while games playing and BSOD Random crashes play a game I have some type of problem I usually play Starcraft and it's fine but occasionally I'll get a BSOD or my display driver will stop working When I'm not attempting to stream my games to twitch tv this is pretty rare but it still happens occasionally Whenever I run xsplit and dxtory combined with starcraft and stream I Random BSOD and other crashes while playing games get crashes constantly My GPU doesn't ever really go above c so I don't think that's what's causing it but I could be wrong My display driver stopping happens with most games that are pretty intense on the computer but like I said my temps don't usually get too high I'd love to solve whatever is causing me these problems My computer specs are as follows Processor AMD Phenom II x T RAM Patriot Viper DDR GB Ram sticks so GB GPU XFX Radeon HD OS Windows Ultimate bit installed for a good while over a year or so I think Hardware is fairly new a year and a half or so old The zip with the files you require is attached I would really appreciate your help

A:Random BSOD and other crashes while playing games

I am afraid the mpost recent crash uploaded was from December 2011 and related to your Rt86win7.sys. I have no idea what is causing them now without the most current DMP files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222326-random-bsod-other-crashes-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 66.22%

A lot of times when I play video games my computer goes black screen mid game and then proceed to blue screen while (Bluescreen) Computer crashes playing games and it tells me that my display device have crashed and failed to restart It mostly happens when I'm playing with high graphics settings but some games wont even play with low setting While the computer is showing the black screen and haven't crashed yet then I can still talk on skype and still hear my music but my screen is all black and then my pc proceeds to blue screen Here is my system summary Thanks for the help OS Name Microsoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name STAHL-PC System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model G M-ES L System Type x -based PC Processor Intel Computer crashes while playing games (Bluescreen) R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Award Software International Inc F -Feb- SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Stahl-PC Stahl Time Zone Romance Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys

A:Computer crashes while playing games (Bluescreen)

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply accordingly - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-crashes-while-playing-games-bluescreen-702695.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello there About weeks ago i've had a company building this new gaming PC for me But i've requested. playing games! Crashes, BSoD's,.. Help While had quite a few issues with it thus far while playing games My first BSOD's i had while playing The witcher it just randomly crashed with a fast loop sound I restarted my PC and tried to Crashes, BSoD's,.. While playing games! Help requested. get into the game again immediatly after taking it as it's a new build so i might had missed out on some windows updates etcetera but instead my pc crashed Crashes, BSoD's,.. While playing games! Help requested. as soon as i got into the main menu of the game didn't even get to play Besides The witcher any of my other games have been working fine Until last night when i wanted to start up The Crew and it crashed with a BSOD pretty much immediatly I restarted and went out to check what was causing the issue i've got files in my mini dump folder which are all caused by ntoskrnl exe c is the adress on all Specs OS Windows Home premium bit CPU Intel core i GHz GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX RAM Kingston GB DDR MHz I've attached a file made with dm log collector for you guys to see the logs The program zipped everything into a file so i just uploaded the whole zip file not sure if that's right or not If anything please just let me know if you need any more information

A:Crashes, BSoD's,.. While playing games! Help requested.

Meanwhile, i figured that my issues may or may not have something to do with games running off Steam. As i just played Planetside 2 and hearthstone for quite a while, and no crashes happened. However as soon as i tried to run Rocket League nor The crew, it crashed.. may try with Gta V but i don't really want it to crash again.. So any tips yet?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376377-crashes-bsods-while-playing-games-help-requested.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Having a major problem with my computer after I have to reboot or shutdown for a while. If it crashes or I have to reboot, then whenever I start playing a game it will crash shortly thereafter, around 5 minutes after I start playing. I am not able to cntrl-alt-del or alt tab or alt f4, nothing it just completely locks up and the sound plays in a loop so I am forced to reset which in turn restarts the cycle of crashing while playing games again. This is happening with all new games such as WoW EQ2 and even wc3, but not on some of the older games like diablo and d2. I have updated my video card drivers. I use an NVidia 6600 GT card. So I'm asking for a little help and sorry if the sentences are a little sketchy, was hard to put into words what is going on.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-crashes-after-reboot-while-playing-games.460264/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello all I have When Videos Playing Computer Games Crashes My and been having the same problems with my desktop a Frankenstein s monster of different parts first put together with assistance at the closest Frys store that have spanned at least a few years I ve needed it for college and it mostly works for what I need it to do so I left it like My Computer Crashes When Playing Videos and Games this but would now like to once and for all solve the problem I m running Windows with a MSI mainboard AMD FX- CPU Gigs of RAM currently connected to a ATI Radeon Graphics card connected to a cheap old HP Pavilion mx monitor Okay so the symptoms Originally when my computer was left to idle the monitor would shut down as monitors usually will but along with the monitor the whole system would be in a coma that I couldn t even use the off button to stop I had to push the switch on the back to turn it off Now it can idle for at least thirty minutes but I think if left for an hour or two it does the same thing Unfortunately I forgot how I managed to improve this problem The second problem still happens and is my major concern When running certain functions the computer will either do the same as above or it will crash and immediately turn off the whole system I can watch DVDs without problems for several hours and mp s for at least twenty minutes but if I watch for longer play Minecraft or even watch Youtube for a significant portion of time it will crash When it crashes like this I will usually need to wait for around ten to fifteen minutes before turning it back on or else it will crash again immediately when it starts up or when booting up Since the problems started my brother has helped me wipe the computer and install a new OS with no change so we assume it isn t a virus I ve tried with the built-in graphics card and with my brother s working one but nothing changed I ve also tried exchanging the power supply swapping RAM and booting from a different hard drive Although a fan attached to the graphics card doesn t seem to be working well we ve felt inside and found that none of the components seem to be overheating Any assistance on the matter would be great I hope I ve given a good amount of detail but please don t hesitate to ask for more and I will try my best to assist Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi, I've recently upgraded my computer, here's the current spec:

CPU : Intel Core2Duo E6850 3.0GHz

Motherboard : Intel Classic Series DG31PR

RAM : Kingston 2GB 667MHz

HDD : 160GB

Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

PSU : 450W

Everything's fine except when I play games like NeverwinterNights 2 and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast. The computer suddenly hangs and the screen blanks out after about 5-6 minutes everytime I play those games. The computer cannot reset, I have to manually turn off the power and turn on again to restart. What is the problem? My friend says it could be overheating. My idle computer temperature is around 66-69C. Is this normal? If not, what should I do?

Thanks

A:Sudden crashes while playing games...overheating?

I think the temp is too high and while you play games it will raise. did you also upgrade the cpu fan? Idle temp for intels should be 40 to 45 C.
check heat transfer paste, fan, maybe the psu gets too hot and warms up the whole desktop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-while-playing-games-overheating.96768/
Relevancy 66.22%

My PC specs are,
CPU i5-2500k 3.30GHz
RAM 8GB
GPU GeForce GTX 970 4gb SSC
My power supply is 500W
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

I recently upgraded from a GTX 650 to 970 and the problem is when I play any game with good graphics my computer just freezes with a blue/black screen and I have to hold the power button to turn it off. No the blue screen is not the blue screen of death. I play the games perfectly on low graphics and they don't crash. I checked if my CPU is overheating but it's fine, although it works at around 50-70% power when I play anything. I guessed it might be because there is not enough power so I bought a 750W power supply. I'm almost certain it's not going to fix anything and I'm also guessing it's just my CPU is being bottle-necked by my GPU. Any suggestions on what's the problem?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/127901-computer-randomly-crashes-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi,
I recently built my PC straight from the build guide by Austin Evans on YouTube called the 'Neutron 2.0'. I got Windows 10 installed on my PC and it has been working poorly. Whenever I play a game downloaded from Steam, the entire computer will crash at random times, freezing and forcing me to restart the entire computer.

When I go to turn the computer back on it will repeatedly turn on and back off within a second. It will go through this cycle until I have to power down again.

I am not sure why the computer is having these problems. HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.
Thanks.

A:Computer crashes randomly when playing games on Windows 10

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU and cooling system.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35911-computer-crashes-randomly-when-playing-games-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello everyone, I'm having a problem with my computer.

Whenever I try to play computer games (such as Doom, Duke Nukem, World of Warcraft, etc.) it crashes, sometimes 5 minutes in, sometimes 20 minutes in.

When it crashes it will sometimes say something about "Win32x.sys" and sometimes (more often) "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time", and also down the bottom has some STOP thing followed by a whole bunch of numbers.

I don't know much about computers, so I'm not sure what to do, and I'm not sure what my computer specks are, and i'm not quite sure how to get them, so if you need them you'll have to tell me how to find them.

Relevancy 65.36%

This is happening with many games. I recently got a new graphics card and I am worried that it is broken some how. Because I will be gaming and then my monitor will go to no signal, like the DVI has been removed. But it also seems the whole system crashes because I lose sound and my VoIP server. Pulling the DVI in and out does nothing and I have to force shutdown.

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz | GPU: Radeon HD 7970 Vortex 2| Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LX | RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I used the SF Diagnostic tool. The first 3 minidumps are from older BSOD's though. And I think the forth is too, possibly.

A:System crashes while playing games. Possible BSOD, but no display?

Uninstall Zone alarm.

Code:
fffff880`0635fb68 fffff880`02ca2518Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\vsdatant.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys
vsdatant+0x68518
Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Scan the system for possible virus infection.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Update display driver to the latest.
Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264358-system-crashes-while-playing-games-possible-bsod-but-no-display.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I just bought a XTASY 9600 256MB AGP and its crashing on my 3D games. I have a P4 1.5 and its an alienware. Im new to this so if anyone could help me i would be greatly thankful.

A:New graphics card/Computer crashes when playing games.

You're PSU may not be strong enough for you're new graphic card.

You might want to consider a 400 watt psu preferable actec or aspire.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-computer-crashes-when-playing-games.48822/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi my name is Larry Cook. Every time I play a game or watch a video in flash format my computer crashes. I've already tried updating
to the newest version of Flash that didn't help. It Happens in both Fire Fox and Microsoft Internet explorer. With flash games it
usually crashes after about 1 hour with things in flash video format it crashes in 30 to 40 minutes

A:Computer crashes when watching or playing games in flash

Have you changed any files or settings recently ? Do you receive any error messages ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashes-when-watching-or-playing-games-in-flash.858932/