Windows Support Forum

I want to change my graphics card for gaming

Q: I want to change my graphics card for gaming

So here is my computer information Field Value Computer Computer TypeACPI x -based PC Mobile Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack TRIAL VERSION Internet Explorer graphics gaming change want for I my card to IE DirectX DirectX Logon Domain TRIAL VERSION Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core i - MHz x MBoard Name Dell Inspiron MBoard ChipsetIntel Ibex Peak H Intel Ironlake System Memory TRIAL VERSION DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Samsung M B CH -CH TRIAL VERSION BIOS Type AMI Multimedia Audio AdapterIntel Ibex I want to change my graphics card for gaming Peak HDMI Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition Audio Controller B- Audio AdapterRealtek ALC Intel Ibex Peak PCH - High Definition I want to change my graphics card for gaming Audio Controller B- Storage IDE ControllerIntel R Series Series Chipset Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - B Disk DriveGeneric- Compact Flash USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- MS MS-Pro USB I want to change my graphics card for gaming Device Disk DriveGeneric- SD MMC USB Device Disk DriveGeneric- SM xD-Picture USB Device Disk DriveST AS ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Optical DriveTSSTcorp DVD -RW TS-H H ATA Device SMART Hard Disks StatusOK So my budget is around and my friend told me to change my g c to or ti so im not sure if my computer support it or wat and do I need to change anything to play games such as SC D Skyrim and etc Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: I want to change my graphics card for gaming

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: I want to change my graphics card for gaming

What is your Psu?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-change-my-graphics-card-for-gaming.183286/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi

Does anyone know a good Graphics card for use for medium gaming, but mostly on using Adobe Software, for example, Photoshop and Illustrator.
Please find below link to Upgrade options I'm looking at for my old PC:
http://www.novatech.co.uk:80/novatech/specpage.html?MBB-N43051

Recomended the entry level 6600GT lineup for Gaming

I'll list too, in case break in link:

Processor: Athlon 64 3000
Heatsink and Fan: Original Manufacturer
Memory: 1x 512MB 184 PIN 2.5V 400MHZ
Motherboard: NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
Socket Type: 939
Memory Slots: 4x DDR
Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 (CK8-04) Ultra
AGP Slots N/A
16x PCI-Express Slots 1
1x PCI-Express Slots 2
PCI Slots: 4
CNR Slots: N/A
Onboard Sound: 7.1 channel AC97 (Realtek)
LAN: Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000) MAC + PHY (Vitesse)
Onboard Graphics: No
USB Ports: 4
Parallel Ports: 1
Serial Ports: 1
Form Factor: ATX

Look forward to hearing on your advise, Best Regards

A:Whats a Good Graphics card for Gaming and using Adobe Software-Graphics

I've done a lot of research on this because I built a new system back in August. While I am not much of a gamer, I needed a very good NLE machine. However, the card I chose is quite the gamer card but had all the extras I needed to run Adobe Video Collection.

I picked the Connect 3D Radeon X850XT Platinum card from Tigerdirect. At the time it was $350 but I know it's cheaper now. It's got everything you need for a demanding application like Premiere Pro 1.5 and its related software. 256MB of GDDR3 memory and dual DVI outs. I highly recommend this card. I've been using it since the start of September with Adobe and it's great.

Your CPU and memory are a bit more of an important factor with rendering and burning though. My new PC has a 3.4Ghz P4 and 2GB of 533Mhz dual channel RAM. It's an exceptional increase in speed and productivity over my old 2.4Ghz and 512 Rambus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-a-good-graphics-card-for-gaming-and-using-adobe-software-graphics.37997/
Relevancy 66.22%

hello, i have a 9800gt that gives a very low fps on crysis, i went to the shop from where i purchased it and they said that you need to change your power supply, currently its 230watt, i was thinking that i should replace my card with another one as mine does not have a six pin supplementary power connector. so my question is that should i change my psu first or should i switch my card first?

A:Should i change my power supply or should i change my graphics card?

your running a 9800gt on a 230W PSU!? not sure how your doing that without it shutting down as soon as you start a game. the 9800gt needs a 450W psu with 24A on the 12v rail (s). change the PSU. you are fortunate that you haven't overstressed the 230W psu and destroyed the rest of the system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-change-my-power-supply-or-should-i-change-my-graphics-card.134139/
Relevancy 64.93%

I m looking to buy a GTX for PC gaming I aim to be playing on a x display What parameters should I be looking for eg speed of GPU Shader DDR DDR RAM size chipsets format support Under what situations would I need a card with GB RAM It s important that the card I get is silent I notice at Scan co uk this one by MSI is indicated as a quot Hot Seller quot Scan co uk MSI MB GeForce GTX Twin Frozr II OC NVIDIA Graphics Card for graphics card gaming? Which - N GTX Twin Frozr II OC however according to its Which graphics card for gaming? specs its it s missing the Which graphics card for gaming? OpenCL Support and OpenGL that s listed for other cards This one by Palit I can Which graphics card for gaming? t say I heard of them has GB RAM for only more than the MSI Scan co uk Palit GB GeForce GTX NVIDIA Graphics Card - NE X FB but I don t know what the hidden downside is since other GB cards ae way more expensive There s the Gigabyte Super Overclock with MHz GPU for but I don t know if the extra MHz make much difference and worth the extra money What are the good manufacturers to go for or does it not matter Is there any advantage of getting an ATI AMD-based card over nVidia these days The reason why I m going for nVidia is because of the extra support for features such as PhysX and D Vision Any ideas Thanks nbsp

A:Which graphics card for gaming?

Sarmad said:

I'm looking to buy a GTX 580 for PC gaming. I aim to be playing on a 1920 x 1080 display. What parameters should I be looking for (eg speed of GPU, Shader, DDR5, DDR5 RAM size)Click to expand...

GPU speed : Immaterial at 1920x1080. Standard is 772M core/ 1002M memory (4008MHz effective) anything more is overclocked- A few frames per second more. Unless youre benchmarking you wont notice the difference.
Shaders : Locked at twice the frequency of core regardless of card.
GDDR5: All GTX 580's are GDDR5 (Samsung 1250MHz/5000MHz effective iirc)
RAM capacity: 1536MB or 3072MB. 3GB is wasted on a single screen regardless of whether it's 1920x1080/1200 or 2560x1600/1440.

Sarmad said:

chipsets, format support.Click to expand...

Every chipset that has provision for a PCIe x16 slot can use the card.
Format support ????

Sarmad said:

Under what situations would I need a card with 3 GB RAM?Click to expand...

For a single screen, very little. vRAM dependant games (F1 2010, Dragon Age II, Civ 5 for example) can show a little improvement at 2560x1600 resolution. At 1080p there are virtually no situations where you would need 3GB.

Sarmad said:

It's important that the card I get is silentClick to expand...

Then you'll need a watercooled card.

Sarmad said:

I notice at Scan.co.uk, this one by MSI is indicated as a "Hot Seller" Scan.co.uk: MSI 1536MB GeForce GTX 580 Twin Frozr II/OC NVIDIA Graphics Card - N580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC, however, according to its specs, its it's missing the OpenCL Support and OpenGL 4.1 that's listed for other cards.Click to expand...

All GTX 590/580/570/560Ti/550 etc have full OpenCL 1.1 support (added with Forceware driver 280.19 last month) and OpenGL 4.1.

Sarmad said:

This one by Palit (I can't say I heard of them)Click to expand...

Palit are the worlds third largest producer of graphics cards. They also own the Gainward brand (as well as XpertVision which may be defunct)

Sarmad said:

but I don't know what the hidden downside is, since other 3 GB cards ae way more expensive.Click to expand...

Smaller warranty period generally and doesn't have the same cachet (snob value) as other tier one vendors (Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, EVGA)

Sarmad said:

There's the Gigabyte Super Overclock with 855 MHz GPU for £423.10, but I don't know if the extra MHz make much difference and worth the extra money.Click to expand...

Steve (TechSpot) reviewed the card. You decide.
One of the main selling points is the 3-fan design -i.e. quiet

Sarmad said:

What are the good manufacturers to go for, or does it not matter?Click to expand...

Reference design = Makes no difference (warranty aside)
Custom design = weigh up the factors that are important to you. Quietness, warranty, price, performance. Google reviews.

Sarmad said:

Is there any advantage of getting an ATI/AMD-based card over nVidia these days?Click to expand...

Uh, you don't think that this should have been your first question?
The GTX 580 doesn't represent good bang-for-the-buck -take it from me - I own two of them (EVGA and PNY). At 1920x1080 resolution a HD 6950 1GB card is sufficient performance unless you can distinguish between 4xMSAA and 16xCSAA

Sarmad said:

The reason why I'm going for nVidia is because of the extra support for features such as PhysX and 3D Vision.Click to expand...

If PhysX is important then buy an Nvidia card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphics-card-for-gaming.169710/
Relevancy 64.93%

Somebody i know has a laptop and he needs a new graphics card, ideally if people could recommend me a decent memory card which will run the likes of Half life 2 smoothly and the likes of. Ideally im not looking for a top of the range 1, just something which will do the job.

Any help will be appreciated.

A:What graphics card for gaming

I highly doubt ur friend can even swap his video card in his laptop. If he can i'd say the ati mobility 9800 pro would be the best bang for buck in my opinion. If money is no option go ahead and get a ati mobility X800, its probably the greatest laptop card, but remember it is no were near as good as the X800 for desktop pcs, but still excellent nevertheless.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-graphics-card-for-gaming.323002/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I got new pc and i need some help upgrading my graphics card. I want to play CS GO on high/med settings with good fps.

PC that i got : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypow...blue/6980021.p?id=1218818471270&skuId=6980021

Relevancy 64.93%

Hello,

I know I bought a graphics card just 2 days ago but have decided to take a break from gaming for a bit. Are there any other things I can do online that can use my graphics card?

Example: Watch videos but make them more high-def with my graphics card? Or anything else? Thanks

A:Other uses for a graphics card besides gaming?

Hi,
Well you can watch movies in good quality if your streaming is good
DVD's will look very good
Otherwise I'm not sure besides the better screen quality already available on very site... it is monitor screen dependent though as just how well things will look

Otherwise you can run some heavy photo editing/ creation programs like free blender... or adobe photo shop pretty well.

That is the 2 reasons someone buys or needs a gpu is to game or run photo editing programs.
Otherwise everyday computing really can run just about everything off onboard graphic's.

Oops forgot Multiple monitors someone would need a gpu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/378257-other-uses-graphics-card-besides-gaming.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys I have a question. I want to know if I have video card Ati Radeon 1GB 128 bits DDR3 can I play games like: Call Of Duty MW3, Tomb Raider, LoL ( with 45/50 fps ) and other new games or if I can not tell me what kind video card will be good me for this games. Thanks you all !!

A:Graphics card for gaming

There are several cards that fit that description. Which series card do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-gaming.199095/
Relevancy 64.5%

I am very computer illiterate and i do not know what my computer is able to take and what it is not. I really, really want to play Dungeons and dragons online and my computer wont allow me to. I have been told by a friend that it is likely to be because i need a graphics card. Which one will my computer accept? i haven't a clue please help and explain so i know how to decipher this for myself in the future!!!

A:What graphics card does my computer need for gaming?

you need to list your computer specs
but i guess you dont know how to do that
then say which type of OS (operating system) your using like windows xp, windows 7 or mac

and then someone can tell you how to find your specs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-graphics-card-does-my-computer-need-for-gaming.963526/
Relevancy 64.5%

I want to upgrade my graphics card, I am wondering if this graphics card will increase my FPS. (Mainly for minecraft, I want to run shaders with about 30-40 FPS, Shaders like sonic ether and rudo plays)

1st choice graphics I want to upgrade to: EVGA 02G-P3-2738-KR GeForce GT 730 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Video Card - Newegg.com
My PC specs now are:

OS - Windows 8.1
RAM - 4.0 GB
Processor - Intel pentium dual core 3.0 GHz.
Graphics I have currently - Intel HD
manufacturer - Lenovo
In normal minecraft I get 25-35 fps on normal settings, with shaders I get 3-5 fps. Will the graphics card linked above improve preformance to the 30-40 fps range while in shaders? If not will this graphics card get me there?

More expensive, but willing to buy if the other graphics won't work: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 02G-P4-3751-KR G-SYNC Support 2GB Video Card - Newegg.com

A:Will this graphics card increase gaming FPS?

You should get the 750Ti, the 730 just wouldn't be worth it. What is your power supply? Have a read through this guide for choosing a GPU, just a few facts to take into consideration.

GPU - The Core Basics for Choosing One - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/66254-will-graphics-card-increase-gaming-fps.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi for ages games bought for my pc have not worked and i kinda thought it could be due to the graphics card and now i think i have a pretty good understanding of this I believe my graphics card to currently be an SiS C and ive already heard there rubbish Apparently most of my games dont work due to the directx compatability with the card ooo its a mb by the way and working on XP i ondering if anyone new of a graphics card upgrade i Graphics Problem!!!-Gaming Card could make maybe to a nVidia geforce and just to let you know some of the game that don t work serious sam lego star wars conflict desert strom ise and fal civilizations war and a couple of others besides if anyone could help me out tht would be great and am wondering if anuld point me in the right direction for the best and cheap graphics card for me Cheers nbsp

A:Graphics Card Problem!!!-Gaming

what are your computer specs? agp, pci, pci-e?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-problem-gaming.578134/
Relevancy 64.5%

I need some help figuring out which graphics cards is compatible with my PC's motherboard... I need a better graphics card, one for gaming with 2 GB video ram. Need help picking out a graphics card out for my specific pc.  PC Name: Pavilion Slimeline s5730y  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-want-to-buy-a-better-graphics-card-for-gaming-which/td-p/5706138
Relevancy 64.5%

Game Booster Diagnose Report v Version Date graphics gaming suggest Can card? a anyone ---------------------------------- - Operating System ---------------------------------- - Operating System Windows Professional -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - - Language English Regional Setting English - BIOS BIOS Date Ver - Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor CPUs GHz - Memory MB RAM - Available OS Memory MB RAM - Page File MB used MB available - Windows Dir C Windows - DirectX Version DirectX - DX Setup Parameters Not found - User DPI Setting Using System DPI - System DPI Setting DPI percent - DWM DPI Scaling Disabled Can anyone suggest a gaming graphics card? - DxDiag Version ---------------------------------- - Processor ---------------------------------- - Caption AMD Athlon tm II X Processor x MHz - CurrentClockSpeed MHz - L -Cache KB - L -Cache MB ---------------------------------- - Video Adapter ---------------------------------- - Card Name ATI Radeon Graphics - Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc - Chip Type ATI display adapter x - DAC Type Internal DAC MHz - Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS AA C amp REV - Display Memory MB - AdapterRAM MB - Current Mode x bit Hz - Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor - Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll - Driver Version - Driver Language English - DDI Version - Driver Model WDDM - Driver Beta False - Driver Debug False - Driver Date - Driver Size - VDD n a - Mini VDD n a - Mini VDD Date n a - Mini VDD Size - Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF-B -A ABEC C - Vendor ID x - Device ID x - SubSys ID x AA C - Revision ID x - Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag RS ci ven amp dev - Rank Of Driver E - Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C - Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C DAD-CCBC- B- C - CF F A Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out IMC UNKNOWN Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out IMC UNKNOWN Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out IMC UNKNOWN Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out IMC UNKNOWN Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out S UNKNOWN Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out S UNKNOWN Frames Prev Fwd ... Read more

A:Can anyone suggest a gaming graphics card?

The best graphics card for your system is The HD 6850

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-anyone-suggest-a-gaming-graphics-card.170647/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I'm an architecture student and do a lot of heavy 3d stuff on various programs such as sketchup and 3dsMax, but i'm also a gamer, mass effect/skyrim/crysis etc.

I currently have a radeon hd 4870 in my desktop(ignore my spec on my profile they are for laptop)

it works pretty good for both gaming and 3d design, however i know cards such firepro and quadro are more suited specifically for 3d stuff.

My question is, if i were to get something like an AMD ATI FirePro V4800 (which is in my price range), would it still handle gaming well?

Secondly, can i just leave my 4870 in the motherboard with the fire pro and just switch cables each time i game?

Thanks!

A:Graphics card for both gaming and 3d design

Honestly, with only 400 stream processors the FirePro would not be ideal for gaming; to put it in perspective your 4870 has 800 stream processors.

You could, however use both if you have two PCIe2 x16 slots, as most games today give you the option to choose your graphics card. I'm not familiar with Sketchup or 3DSMax (though I do dabble in Realsoft 3D; an oldie but a goodie), but check to see if these also support choosing the primary graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/252069-graphics-card-both-gaming-3d-design.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi

Whats the best AGP graphics card you can get for gaming and 3dmark03 for £60 on EBAY? (about $95)

i kno 60 is not alot but im 17 skint and need power!!!

main games are call of duty, doom 3, hl2 etc etc so from them u can tel i need power.

my current graphics card is a V.nice

Gainward Ti4200 128mb which is ok but the DX8 lets it down for tdays gaming.

AGP x8 is a possibility
PCIe is not

A:Best gaming graphics card on eBay for £50/£60 (about $80/$95)

video

You might be able to get a 9800 pro for your price. That is a good card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=47563&item=5165225720&rd=1
This was only $33 when I checked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-gaming-graphics-card-on-ebay-for-%C2%A350-%C2%A360-about-80-95.21547/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi all hoping you can help me Apologies if I sound a bit nooby I only have basic pc knowledge I have a Dell Inspiron running Vista Home Premium AMD Athlon x Dual Core processor Ghz GB Ram ATI Radeon HD gaming card down shuts PC when Graphics XT My PC works fine until I start gaming Wow if that matters My fan starts getting faster and louder and after about min - min after turning on the game my whole pc just shuts down No warning just turns off I opened the case up and Graphics card shuts down PC when gaming the graphics card was very hot and it was Graphics card shuts down PC when gaming a bit dusty in there so I cleaned it all out and checked the fan was working okay However the problem is still there the card gets hotter and the fan goes faster and faster until it dies I have gamed on this PC for years and this is a new thing If I game with Speedfan running about it will stay running but I can t do any raids or quests in large groups as the framerate just drops to zero and I can t do anything Maybe this is a seperate issue Anyway I know my PC is old but my question is this can I upgrade the card and if so what s the best one I can upgrade to without killing my psu Am I better off just going for a new PC I m living in Australia and they re darn expensive here Thanks in advance to anyone able to offer some help nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

hey i just recently built a new computer Almost immediately after i got my machine up and running i started having blue screen errors when playing video intensive games such as ut problem card\gaming graphics These errors never occurred anywhere else and the error only occurred on average once in five hours of play This didn t really irk me because it crashed very infrequently The crash screen was blue and had writing on it but the writing was unreadable graphics card\gaming problem I thought i recognized one or two words but on the most part it looked as if it was written in spanish When i installed warcraft i started getting crash errors about once in every minutes of play The same blue screen error appeared Since then i have tried Installing old versions of drivers Installing different graphics card\gaming problem versions of drivers omega Formatting the hard drive and installing the up to date version of drivers Re-Seating the video card changing monitor input from DVI to Analog This caused the blue screen to be blank instead of having strange writing Installing ATI Utility This allowed me to make a crash log of one of the times the video card crashed Updating Chipset Drivers Windows Updates Service pack Windows approved ATI Drivers Memtest no erroneous memory Hard drive diagnostic no hard drive problems Installing all of the updates and fixes for the games none of this has worked Anyone have ANY idea what might be wrong here s my system specs AMD Athlon socket Gigabyte K NSNXP- MoBo ATI Pro Meg Video Card WD Raptor Gig RPM Hard Drive Gig Corsair dual channel Ram any help is appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 64.5%

1:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150247
or
2:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150260

Thanks.

Relevancy 64.5%

Hey All,
I'm running:

XP SP2
Pentium D 3.00Ghz
2GB of Dual Channel RAM
Gigabyte mobo with Intel 865G Chipset.
500w power supply with 5 fans in case.

I'm using my old Elsa 5600 (128mb) video card now (AGP slot) and am having major issues with graphics while playing GTA San Andreas.

I've tried all updates and adjustments to get it to play, but the graphics are always distorted, unless run on lowest resolution. Tired of messing with it, as it seems the card just can't handle that game. (This is very frustrating, as this card is well above minimum specs for game.)

So any recommendations for a new graphics card? Only requirements are that it is AGP, has slots for 2 monitors, and MUST be ABLE to HANDLE graphics-intense games, like GTA. (Sorry for the caps, lol)

Many Thanks!

A:Suggestions for new gaming graphics card?

Any other slots open?

what other slots do you have open or is that it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-new-gaming-graphics-card.52495/
Relevancy 63.64%

I had to RMA my good video card but I really need internet and such. My motherboard doesn't have onboard graphics. I found an ATI Rage Pro graphics card at a flea market, which is like 10 years old.

I don't get what I hook up to it. There is a 3 pin power thing and a big long pwoer connector with a lot of pins, kind of like an IDE connection.

If someone could help me out that would be great.

Relevancy 63.64%

unior Member

Hi,

Although I have done nothing to my computer, my games have begun to run very badly, even with all graphics turned on their lowest settings despite the fact I can normally run them on the highest. I have not made hardware changes to my comp and all games played fine only a couple of days ago.

- I have since restored my computer to an earlier date
- Check my comp for viruses, spyware, defragmentation, registry check, disk errors, adware, hijackthis, disk cleanup
- I cannot remember installing any new programs either

The problem is still therehowever, the temp on the graphics card is also fine, running at normal levels. Everything else on the computer runs well.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Maracles

A:Gaming, possibly graphics card problem

are you overclocking anything? or some important part of the PC just gave up the ghost or someting. this happened to me and i needed to get a new processor. even if your not overclocking something might have just burned out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-possibly-graphics-card-problem.471063/
Relevancy 63.64%

So I currently have an NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT graphics card, it it works pretty well for the games I play. However, Sonic Generations (a game I purchased through a Steam game sale), runs slowly and gets anywhere from 18-11 frames per second. Even on it's lowest quality settings and lowest resolution (720 x 480 @ 29Hz) it's still a tad slow.

Any suggestions on an upgrade? I have a budget...I mean, I'm a college student, after all...

A:Decent Graphics Card for Gaming on Windows 8?

Two things:

You might get more responses if you gave a budget for the card.

Your 300W power supply is a bit weak for most significant upgrades. For example, Sapphire (www.sapphiretech.com) requires a 400W PSU for their cards that don't use any auxiliary PCI-E power connectors. If you need to swap the PSU, stay with the respected manufacturers (Antec, Corsair, Seasonic are usually recommended, but there are others.)

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/17634-decent-graphics-card-gaming-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello guys I new here and I am noob with graphics card so here for some help sorry if I am posting wrong place or if I said or don t say what I should say So I have a w bit system with a Geforce Nvidia SE I play online game and I am getting into higher graphics game and I can t play them as well as I want because of the graphics for graphics upgrade trying card gaming to Noob So question is What info do I need to post for you guys to help me figure out What s the best graphics card I can add to my pc I have been told that I might as well buy a new pc but I don t have the money to buy new at this moment so looking to just update me graphics enough to play games well so I need graphics card that will be good with my pc without updating anything alse because Noob trying to upgrade graphics card for gaming I have no clue how to do software updates ect scared as it is trying to update graphics card thank you for reading hoping for a good reply nbsp

A:Noob trying to upgrade graphics card for gaming

What is your monitor screen resolution, and how much do you want your graphics to improve, and how much money do you have to spend. A high end graphics card will roughly require a quality 500 watt power supply too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noob-trying-to-upgrade-graphics-card-for-gaming.189347/
Relevancy 63.64%

I want a good graphics card that runs all games. For about $50 not $100. I have Intel and windows vista. When I play half-life 2 there is low frame rates and i cant fix that. So it laggs. And Joint Operations wont run. Whats a good one?

Relevancy 63.64%

hello

what is the best gaming graphics card that i could buy for a price around ?100 (bit more or less) bearing in mind the power supplier i currently have is a 400w power supplier

thank you

A:recommendation for budget gaming graphics card

You are likely more limited by a 400W PSU than your budget. First check you vendor and sort by price, then check the specs for the one with 400W or less minimum PSU.
An nVIDIA 650 of some kind may fit you well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/275391-recommendation-budget-gaming-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm just trying to get an honest opinion of which gpx card is better...

ASUS 2GB GDDR5 DIGI+ VRM technology Graphics Cards HD7770-2GD5 or

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 OC 2GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 2xDVI-D/HDMI/D-SUB Graphics Card GV-N650OC-2GI

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 910, 2571 MHz
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 753636 MB; D: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 1870 MB;
Motherboard: XFX, MI-A78S-8209
500w power supply
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2014, Updated and Enabled

Any help would be great.

A:Which card is a better gaming graphics card for my pc?

The Hd 7770 is better.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-card-is-a-better-gaming-graphics-card-for-my-pc.1116726/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello my name is Joe and first off I am hopeless around card to gaming hoping Old desktop upgrade graphics computers Anyway I was given an old gaming desktop if you can call old and I was hoping to upgrade the graphics card but I have no idea on what is even compatible with my system Here are my computer specs Operating System Windows Home -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz deg C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H -DS H Intel Core i - K CPU GHz deg C Graphics Generic Non-PnP Monitor email protected MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner deg C MB ATI AMD Old gaming desktop hoping to upgrade graphics card Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner deg C CrossFire Disabled Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD EZRX- D PB ATA Device SATA deg C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA Device Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device I'm just looking for a card around the - dollar range any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and I am sorry if this is a silly question but I really do not know where to even start with computers

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/old-gaming-desktop-hoping-upgrade-graphics-card-4601995/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I am looking at getting a new Gaming Desktop and was really wondering what the best way of going about that would be My technical knowledge is incredibly limited and so I want to be careful when doing things with my desktop though I did take a-level IT and do have basic knowledge of changing components I was mainly wondering with that considered whether it would be better to buy a PC pre-made or to buy an okay PC and then upgrade the Graphics Card on it My price range for the whole thing is looking no more than and I would prefer it as far upgrade made fully it PC, New Graphics or gaming buy Card? below that as possible but have seen that may be difficult I want it to be something that will last me and do not want it to quickly become out dated which is what happened when I bought the cheapest gaming laptop I could find What would be the pros and cons of doing it each way and what would be advisable on my kind of budget Many thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

I've been playing Football Manager 2012 and seem to get a recurrent crash whereby the screen goes either white with pinstripes or black with tan pinstripes. The other day it went black with a few large pixels (through which I could see the gamescreen). Interstingly enough it then went back to the game ok.

I've downloaded catalyst control centre for my card (ATI HD5770) and check for updates, but I'm pulling my hair out.

Interestingly I seem to be getting the occasional BSOD now (which I have posted on the relevant forum).

Are there other drivers I should be updating and if so which ones?

appreciate any help.

A:Crash during gaming? Poss graphics card issue.

Sorry you are having problems.

By relevant forum, do you mean:

Crashes and Debugging - Windows 7 Forums

If so, I would just use that thread to resolve this issue. Most likely they are related, and it helps avoid cross-threads.

There, you can follow instructions for posting BSODs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/213083-crash-during-gaming-poss-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all,

I want to buy a new graphics card for playing GTA4 etc. I am looking at the 9800gtx+ which I can get for £115 + delivery, any opinions?

A:Solved: Best bang for buck gaming Graphics card

Basically, Radeon 4850 is better for the same price: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/512M...R3-GPU-625MHz-800-Cores-2x-DL-DVI-I-HDTV-HDCP but if you're an nVidia fan, might want the 9800 GTX+ anyways. Or if you're a HL1(or some mod) mapper, using Valve Hammer Editor, then get 9800 GTX+, hammer runs slow on Ati cards ;/
Are you sure your power supply is enough for these cards?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-best-bang-for-buck-gaming-graphics-card.789769/
Relevancy 63.21%

I'm looking to buy a good graphics card and I'm looking to spend around $150 on it, heard raedons are good too.

also the possible constant fps it can receive because the constant fps on my crappy one I have right now goes 10-20 fps constant. It's a SONY VAIO VGN-NS255D Laptop

A:Good graphics card for gaming, high fps (MineCraft)

We're going to need a little bit info on your specs mate.

At least your CPU.

If it's a pre-built machine, even the name and model.

As for the PSU, follow the wires things are attached to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214264-good-graphics-card-gaming-high-fps-minecraft.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am considering purchasing the Dell quot Ultra-wide monitor which has a maximum resolution of x and I'm hoping for help on what hardware I would need to run it I don't play any games and use 34" Non-gaming graphics Dell 3440x1440 Ultrawide card for it primarily for Microsoft Excel Adobe Non-gaming graphics card for Dell 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 Photoshop and Premiere My work laptop Non-gaming graphics card for Dell 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 has an Intel HD Graphics Card I've looked that up and see that its maximum resolution is x Non-gaming graphics card for Dell 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 with DisplayPort so I guess it would run at x on the new monitor Would that look OK Unfortunately I cannot upgrade anything on the work laptop My personal computer has an ATI Radeon which also has a maximum resolution of x and it only has a VGA and DVI output so I think I should upgrade this to something that can handle x resolution As I said I'm not a gamer and my personal computer is several years old and has only a W power supply so I'm not in the market for anything high end My computer does have an available PCI Express x slot The graphics card I'm considering is the GTX Ti on Amazon This has HDMI DVI and DisplayPort outputs I've read mixed views on whether HDMI can handle that output or if DisplayPort is needed If I can get x resolution through HDMI I'm considering the GT at half the price and lower recommended power supply Thanks Eric

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129259-non-gaming-graphics-card-dell-34-ultrawide-3440x1440.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an Acer Timeline Aspire 4810t laptop:

3002 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
1.40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Solo
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family [Display adapter] (2x)
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2
Board: Acer Aspire 4810T Base Board Version

Could anyone tell me if the graphics card on this machine is upgradable? and if not are there any ways to improve performance?

Many Thanks

Relevancy 61.92%

can the graphics  card of HP laptop be changed mine is not integrated I have a Nvidia GeForce AM mine laptops model is HP 15 re -14tx  HELP ME

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/change-of-graphics-card/td-p/5644460
Relevancy 61.92%
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi.
I have a HP Pavilion dv9753eo Notebook PC, and I was wondering if it was possible to change the graphics card of one of these babies..
The current one doesn't live up to the standards of gaming these days.. (8400m GS Nvidia GeForce)
I've heard something about it being built within the motherboard, I hope that's not turning out to be true..

Thanks in advance.

- Jonas Theis

A:Possible to change the graphics card?

Since it's a notebook, it's quite possible that your current video adapter is built right into the motherboard. I'm not familiar with that particular model but there might be some kind of graphics port for an upgrade but I wouldn't count on it. Unfortunately, HP Pavilions are pretty basic systems. Might be time for an upgrade if you want to play some of the newer games... How fast is the notebook, cpu speed-wise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-to-change-the-graphics-card.113119/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok so I have just ordered my computer which will arrive in a few days but I would like to change the graphics card to something more powerful when I recieve the PC My specs are Motherboard UNKNOWN that s the problem CPU AMD Bulldozer FX- -- Quad Core Hz -- Overclocked to GHz GFX Card ATI Radeon HD GB RAM GB Crucial Ballistic Mhz DDR Hard Drive GB I do not know the power supply s wattage or the motherboard as the seller did not specify these and I haven t got the PC yet I would like to replace the graphics card to either a change able graphics I card? to Am my ASUS NVIDIA GTX TI PCI-E Graphics Card Am I able to change my graphics card? - GB or SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD GHz Edition PCI-e Graphics Card - GB Now I am very new to gaming on computers I know how to replace the graphics card but I do not know whether it will fit in the slots or whether it is compatible for my power supply Can anybody help me out by telling my what slots Am I able to change my graphics card? the motherboard needs to have and what the minimum power supply I need for those card is so that I can change it if necessary Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Am I able to change my graphics card?

Well if the system has a 6670 in it already then the motherboard has a PCI-E slot so either the 550Ti or 7770 you picked will be compatible. You need to find the model and wattage of the PSU first though, to make sure the new GPU is getting enough power.

Just curious but why did you decide to buy that system if you were intending to change the graphics card? The mobo and PSU may be of questionable quality so you would have been better off choosing and assembling your own components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-able-to-change-my-graphics-card.182408/
Relevancy 61.92%

Sir ,  i want to know that can i change my graphics card on my laptop without changing processor and if i can not than which processor will be good for me to buy for high gaming and also please tell me what is the limit for ram on my laptop. Thank you for your time Sir , wish you the good day. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Sir, I want to Know can i change my graphics card on my HP p...

hi Bro ,   Could you please help me with the serial number and product number of the unit so that I could try my best to help you out . I am an HP EmployeePlease click ?Accept as Solution? on the post that solves your issue to help others find the same solution.Click the ?Thumbs Up? to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Sir-I-want-to-Know-can-i-change-my-graphics-card-on-my-HP/td-p/5784892
Relevancy 61.92%

I am trying to decide if I should get a new graphics card to be able to play games better. What do you think? If I do replace it, how would I go about it?

I had bought a PCI Express Card and put it in so I would have more USB Ports, it worked till I rebooted, and since then, Windows has not recognized it, so anything I plug into one of the USB Ports does not work. I would hate for the same thing to happen to a graphics card.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 12270 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 1418215 MB, Free - 1331502 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0Y2MRG
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 61.92%

English : I have HP Notebook. I want to change my graphics card for GTA 5. My current graphics card "Nvidia Geforce GT 630M".Now, my question to you: "Can I put a new Graphics card?" Turkish : Benim HP Notebook Bilgisayar?m Var. Ve Ben Ekran Kart?m? De?i?tirmek ?stiyorum. «ŁnkŁ Ben GTA 5 Alaca??m. ?uanki Ekran Kat?m "Nvidia Geforce GT 630M". ?imdi Size Sorum ?u: "Ben Ekran Kart?m? De?i?tirebilir Miyim?"                                                                                       

A:Do I change the graphics card?

And my answer to you: no way. The video is soldered to the motherboard so is not removeable or replaceable or upgradeable. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Do-I-change-the-graphics-card/td-p/5604354
Relevancy 61.06%

Can I change the graphics card in a laptopThe old graphics card NVIDIA Quadro 2000This newNVIDIA Quadro K2100MNote that a computer 8650w Workstation?Is the operating system compatible with this card and does not cause problems  

A:Can I change the graphics card in a laptop

Hi, The list shows compatible cards: AMD FirePro M5950 with 1GB dedicated GDDR5 video memory (Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.0 capable)AMD Eyefinity Technology supports up to five independent displays (requires discrete graphics configuration) when using an HP Advanced Docking station.NVIDIA Quadro 1000M with 2GB dedicated DDR3 video memory (Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.0 capable)NVIDIA Quadro 2000M with 2GB dedicated DDR3 video memory (Microsoft DirectX 11 (Shader Model 5.0) and OpenGL 4.0 capable)Source:   http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02843455 Both NVIDIA Quadro 2000M and  NVIDIA Quadro K2100M require 55W I think should be ok BUT BIOS may not support this. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-change-the-graphics-card-in-a-laptop/td-p/5788637
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello hello it s been a while since I last posted around here I ve been working on my cousins computer which keeps freezin up for a couple of days now I checked each piece of hardware and found out it s his graphics card that s slowly going to the underworld It s an old computer and he plans to buy a new one in a couple of months but he still wants to buy a new vc for this one These are the specs gigahertz Intel Pentium kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Hyper-threaded total Board ASUSTek Computer INC LITHIUM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS Optical drive WDC WD JS- MHB Hard drive GB -- drive Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot A has MB Slot A has MB Slot A is Empty Slot A is Empty NVIDIA GeForce SE TurboCache TM Display adapter edit running Windows XP My question is can someone suggest a slightly better graphics card lets say under euros Given he s going to get a new computer I personaly think something around euros would be enough Thank you for your time and if you need further info or if I skipped something let me now nbsp

A:Solved: Graphics card change. A bit of help?

From the description, it appears this is an HP branded computer. The power supply is probably 250 to 300 watts, so I would not buy a graphics card that is much of an upgrade over what it has now (if it requires more power). Maybe sonething like a Geforce GT 210 http://www.dabs.com/products/gigaby...ess-2-0-hdmi-68VZ.html?refs=43990000-55140000 or 8400GS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-graphics-card-change-a-bit-of-help.990825/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay, so I am not too great with computers, but I am purchasing this computer soon:

Newegg.com - iBUYPOWER Gamer Extreme 551D3 Phenom II X4 965(3.4GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB ATI Radeon HD 5770 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I was wondering, how hard is it to change a graphics card? I am planning on changing the 5770 in this PC to a 5850 soon. Do I just take the card out of the motherboard and put in a new one? Or is it more difficult than that?

Also, does overclocking a GPU void your warrenty?

A:How hard is it to change a graphics card?

It is very simple. What you do to take out the 5770 you apply in reverse for the 5850.. don't forget to plug in the power cord for the card! As far as overclocking your GPU voiding your warranty... it is a very debatable issue as most manufacturers give you the program to overclock. Though a stable system always runs at stock clocks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/98646-how-hard-change-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Can I change the graphics card in a laptopThe old graphics card NVIDIA Quadro 2000This newAMD fire pro m4000Note that a computer 8650w Workstation?Is the operating system compatible with this card and does not cause problems 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-change-the-graphics-card-in-a-laptop/td-p/5837378
Relevancy 61.06%

To keep it sweet and simple i want to change my Graphics and drivers to Nvidia.Sadly intel is not good enough...well not for the type of gaming i'm trying to do. my computer specs alone are considered "decent". Ya know not super beefy but not poor either. Just right i guess lol. Anyways i want to change. I'm tired of intel and i'm getting left in the dust with how ridiculous it is. Reinstalling windows 8 is not helping my case either > How can i go about getting this done?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/73456-how-change-graphics-card-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I really want to have high framerate on high settings with i play League of Legends or any type of PC Game.

Im currently running Windows 7 and 8 on separate.

Specs:

HP Pavillion g6 Notebook PC
AMD Phenom(tm) II P960 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPU's), ~1.8 GHz
6 GB of Ram
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series

A:How do i change my Laptop Graphics Card?

Generally you can't change the graphics card, as it's actually a chip soldered onto your motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/273095-how-do-i-change-my-laptop-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 61.06%

To keep it sweet and simple i want to change my Graphics and drivers to Nvidia.Sadly intel is not good enough...well not for the type of gaming i'm trying to do. my computer specs alone are considered "decent". Ya know not super beefy but not poor either. Just right i guess lol. Anyways i want to change. I'm tired of intel and i'm getting left in the dust with how ridiculous it is. Reinstalling windows 8 is not helping my case either > How can i go about getting this done?

A:How to change graphics card and drivers?

What exact pc do you have? Motherboard..

It solely depends on your motherboard on which video card you should get..

Because of type of connection and speed it will handle..

In my opinion I would go nvidia over amd, but it's just solely based on my experience with nvidia over amd cards always having to change or have things fixed in games updates..

People have many problems with video card incompatible issues so once you pick out a video card you will need to use google and read reviews of it with your specific motherboard and look for people having problems.. Usually you will see many posts of people complaining about problematic video cards and your motherboard.. So obviously stay away from those..

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/73456-how-change-graphics-card-drivers.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey, i wanna upgrade my graphics card from "GeForce G100" to "GeForce 9800 GTX+". My computer is a "HP Pavilion Slimline s3821uk Desktop PC" is this graphics card change possible? Any system specs u need plz ask and give me a way of getting holf of them for you.

Relevancy 61.06%

I have a dell precision 490 desktop.  I bought a Nvidia Quadro K2200 4GB, card thinking after reading multiple forms that it would work.  Well it turns out that it is not working out for me.  I install it and get the 1,2,3 lights on the front and two quick beeps.  I am guessing that PCI-e 2.0 is not backwards compatible to PCI-e 1.0.  I updated the bios to the latest 8.0 version but still it did nothing.  I am not getting any signal to the monitors.  Is there anything I can do?

A:Precision 490 Graphics Card Change

Sell your 490 and look for a used Precision T3500.
http://www.amazon.com/Precision-T3500-Workstation-2-67Ghz-Warranty/dp/B00T57A7JS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19676998
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi!

So I was wondering, is it possible to change my laptops graphics card to a better one?

And then I also was wondering what I can do to make it faster? -I'm going to change the hdd to a 96Gb Kingston SSD HDD and I'm also going to get 2Gb more ram but what else can I do?

"My laptop"
thx 4 any advice!

A:Is it possible to change my laptop's graphics card?

Well I doubt you can get a mobile gpu off the shelf(I have never heard of it).
BTW you might as well consider buying a new laptop....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-change-my-laptops-graphics-card.164658/
Relevancy 61.06%

I ve never messed with graphics cards before and don t have a clue please Card Change Please A Identify To Graphics & Help can someone give me a hand My brother tells me that his computer is no longer giving a graphics output totally blank screen and that when it boots it gives long and short beeps It Please Help To Identify & Change A Graphics Card has an AWARD BIOS and the POST beep code apparently means that there is a problem with the graphics card Since I know nothing about graphics cards I did a bit of research to find out Please Help To Identify & Change A Graphics Card about the subject before I opened it up I read up Please Help To Identify & Change A Graphics Card about AGP and PCI cards etc The computer is quite old so I expect a PCI card I open it up and it is a PCI card so I give it a blow and a wiggle still no display just beeps However I noticed that the motherboard an M TAB if that means anything does have an AGP slot with something in it I get confused suspiciou Can anyone tell me what this card in the AGP slot is and what it does Is it another graphics card Am I correct in assuming the graphics card is broken The little sticker with a picture of a monitor says to plug the monitor into the PCI card but the AGP card has the same port expect it doesn t have an input I d never noticed the port before and didn t ever try the monitor in it As a separate question why do both cards have pin ports on them One card might be a D Voodoo Banshee I think nbsp

A:Please Help To Identify & Change A Graphics Card

try removing the card from the pci slot and then connecting to to the other card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-to-identify-change-a-graphics-card.18690/
Relevancy 61.06%

my son says the intel graphics card not good enough for him playing steam game,can i change to a better graphics card,and if so any special things i need to do.and can it only take a certain card

A:atc-603-eb11,can you change the graphics card

Hi juice58,

There is a PCI express slot available on the ATC-603, so it is possible from that aspect. There are a couple other considerations that need to be made.

Game Requirements - So Steam is a digital distribution for different games. You can have a Steam Account, and have 1, 2, 50, 1000 different games on it. You'll need to understand which game your son is interested in playing. You can google "Steam (game name)" and it will take you to a Steam Page for that game that has system requirements. Here is an example: http://store.steampowered.com/app/570/

Power Consumption - I show that this PC has a 300w Power Supply (PSU). You'll need to find a card that meets this specification or a bigger PSU may be needed to run a higher end card. Based on the game requirements, a video card that requires a higher video card could need more than your current PSU can support.

Power Connections - Most video cards require a separate connection from the PSU, these are 6 (2x3) or 8 (2x4) pin connectors. Here is a picture for some older content, but could help you visualize it. https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/zotac-geforce-gtx-480,9.html

I would recommend looking at a GTX 750ti as it is a smaller card that I don't believe requires a Power Connector. This will run most if not all games (it might require lowering the settings on some games to get a good frame rate).

Hope this helps,Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/atc-603-eb11-can-you-change-the-graphics-card/td-p/428186/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,I wanted to ask if the graphics card from my laptop HP Pavilion dv6-2009eo could be changed with one from HP Pavilion dv6-3121sl  (it is better,and can support Dx11,unlike the one i have,i don't change the laptop cause the motherboard is byebye)so i want to change:from: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series Graphicsto: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 Graphics

A:Can i change the graphics card from my laptop?

No there is no video card. In both cases the video is soldered to and part of the motherboard so if the motherboard is dead on the dv6-3121sl there is no video card to salvage and swap over to the older laptop. Sorry. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-i-change-the-graphics-card-from-my-laptop/td-p/5696553
Relevancy 61.06%

I am wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I am running Windows 8 64-bit with an old Nvidia 8800GTX card. I have a new HD 7970 card. When I put the new card in, I can't get the OS to boot. It just says "Windows ecountered a problem" and will just do this over and over. I can't preinstall the ATI drivers before I put the card in. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks.

A:Cannot change graphics card from Nvidia to AMD

You have to uninstall all the old NVIDIA stuff first. This includes the drivers and all software. Once you are sure you are clean, then change the cards and boot into win 8. Once there, you can install your new ATI drivers.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/29046-cannot-change-graphics-card-nvidia-amd.html
Relevancy 61.06%

i have GT 420 (OEM) , Motherboard : MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) , PSU : 460W and i want to upgrade it to GTX550 Ti , Can I (without changing any other hardware) ?! ____________________________________________________________________________________ MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E), i5 650 3.2Ghz 10Gb DDR3, GT420(OEM),460W

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Can i change my graphics card to gtx 550ti ??!!

The original PSU does not have a PCI Express power connector. A PSU upgrade will be required. Without the PCI Express power connector connected to the video card your PC will not boot into Windows. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-i-change-my-graphics-card-to-gtx-550ti/td-p/1371207
Relevancy 61.06%

If I change the graphics card do I delete the old drivers first then remove the old card, replace it with the new one then install the new drivers, or should I install the new drivers before the new graphics card? I am a little confused on how the new card will work without the new drivers?

Relevancy 61.06%

Here are the specs:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/satellite_L305-S5933.pdf

I can't figure out how to get the keyboard off and I don't want to break anything.

I'm trying to change my video card so I can connect it to my analog TV - Hitachi Rear Projection 48" 1993. The current video card won't do it. Is there any other way I can accomplish this? I've heard there are adapters but I don't know what to get.

Relevancy 60.63%

I just updated my 5800 series Radeon, and now my display won't go past 1152 x 864. I know my laptop can go to 1440x900. What's going on?

A:Resolution change after updating graphics card

Sounds like the update hasn't installed correctly.

You might want to uninstall the drivers in Uninstall a Program and graphics adapter in Device Manager, and then reboot and reinstall the updated drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/160580-resolution-change-after-updating-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I've recently been thinking about saving up for a new computer becaue the HP I have 300s change the graphics on card Can IdeaCentre I now is just awful and I really like the looks of a Lenovo I found on BestBuy It's an IdeaCentre s it looks like it's a great computer i th gen processor gb of RAM TB HD The only thing I didn't like was the integrated graphics so Can I change the graphics card on IdeaCentre 300s I figured I would buy a Graphics card seperately and just put it in From my understanding I should hypothetically be able to do this on certain computers However I'm not sure if I can on this computer so my question is can I do this and have the new graphics card work properly and if so then what type of graphics card specs should I be looking for to match this computer I really want to get this computer it's a great price for a decent build but I don't know if I want to buy it if I'm stuck with integrated graphics Solved Go to Solution

A:Can I change the graphics card on IdeaCentre 300s

Hi Blackknight5000 , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Would you be getting this desktop IdeaCentre 300s ?

The integrated graphics card is an additional feature of modern desktop nowadays. 
If the add on card fails , the integrated GPU would allow you to still use. It also allow users to purchase a lower cost desktop and to upgrade it later to user's own choice of graphic card. 

You would notice from the hardware manual (page 34) that there is also 1 PCIE slot x 16  for the addon card . 
Under specifications tab on the bestbuy ,internal list shows Number Of PCI-E x16 Slots  : 1 

Cards recommended and tested for full performance  : (page 48)
part number : 00PC564 NV GF GT720 1G VGA/HDMI LP VIDEO_CARD part number :00PC522 NV GF GT720 2G VGA/HDMI LP VIDEO_CARD

Hope this answered your query.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Can-I-change-the-graphics-card-on-IdeaCentre-300s/td-p/3276910
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi there I am a bit of a rookie at computers and need Can powerful more graphics my change I card a Solved: to one? a bit of help with upgrading my graphics card I bought an ADVENT gaming PC factory built and have been playing many different games such as COD and Battlefield etc I m not sure what kind of graphics card i can upgrade to without having to change anything else like CPU I am thinking of upgrading to an AMD Radeon HD but i m not sure if this will Solved: Can I change my graphics card to a more powerful one? require any thing else I ran the tech support guy software to find my specs and here they are Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn H MXL H MXL-K Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 60.63%

I tried adding a second older Nvidia graphics card into my desktop computer I change Graphics - why? card requires reactivation was seeing if I could use it via PCI pass-through in a virtual machine My Windows Home Premium OEM on a custom built Graphics card change requires reactivation - why? pc didn't like that disabled the original Nvidia graphics card and tried to use the new card by default but the display was stuck on a low resolution I removed the second graphics card but Windows didn't automatically revert to using the first card on reboot so I had to reinstall the Nvidia driver for it after which everything was ok except that Windows said I had to reactivate it I have previously read that changing the gpu shouldn't affect the activation status but in this case the activation seems to be dependent on the graphics card So my question is Why is my Windows installation so finicky about the graphics card Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key - -F TJ -PKFJ -CQP C Windows Product Key Hash QUscK CLLI teDSNeCc F foo Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM System Builder Windows OS version ID DF ED-A - FEE- - EDFBD Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Pale Moon palemoon exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt DF ED-A - FEE- - EDFBD lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -CQP C lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Z X-SOC Force lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt American Megatrends Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt C A F lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt C lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt E Australia Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA NSLP channel Activation ID bc -c d- a-afe -a fbc e Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID... Read more

A:Graphics card change requires reactivation - why?

The 0x80072EFD error in the MGADiag report indicates a connection failure to the validation servers.
Make sure that the system is connected to the internet, and use Internet Explorer to attempt validation at www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate - it should pass, and clear the error.
If not, post another MGADiag report, and tell us what security software you're using (AV/Firewall, etc)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/370590-graphics-card-change-requires-reactivation-why.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a nvidia GeForce 9400 GT, how can a change the shared memory because for some reason its taking 1.5gb of my precious ram! Can I change it or will I have to buy a less ram thirsty graphics card

A:How to change a graphics card shared memory?

Go to bios setup look for the shared memory option there

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/143843-how-change-graphics-card-shared-memory.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello there everyone.

My current computer specs are located in my signature. Ive bee thinking about this for a while, but is it possable to somehow change an S-VIDEO output on a graphics card to an input? Im assuming everything is output on my card atm but I would like to try and hook up my nintendo Wii to my LCD monitor. I have an adapter which converts YPbPr to s-video cable so I can hook it up to the graphics card. I know there are VGA-YPbPr converter out there but i dont have the money atm lol... Basically is there a way to somehow configure the graphics card so that it can view my wii? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading

A:Graphics card -- Change output to input?

I'm gonna go with no.

The way I imagine it the wiring could be adapted and re-soldered to the board to allow it, but the chip would still not know what to do with the signal, and it would probably fry.

If anyone knows anything I don't here I'd love to hear it, but it sounds grim to me.

Easier would probably;y be a modulator to use from the Wii to the monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-change-output-to-input.693293/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have Acer TravelMate 290 1.4 GHz Pentium M Centrino Moblie Tech, Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller. Can I upgrade or change my CPU and graphics card? and if I change would it not stable or have any problem?

And I want to know that which laptop component can upgrade or change?

My OS is WinXP

Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everybody

I am new to the forum and look forward to your advice.

My system is dedicated as a virtual recording studio and comprises

Pentium 4
XP prof SP2
Radeon 9250 128Mb
Cubase VST sx3 recording and production software

My problems arise from the installation of the Radeon. Their tech support advised uninstall and reinstall the drivers and download the new control centre.

This enabled cubase to display and run properly but still left me with an annoying problem on bootup.

I have photos of the screens if it will help. The image is unstable in that the screen breaks up continuously into blue vertical streaks until the windows welcome screen appears and then all is well. Entering BIOS setup the screens are more stable but the text letters are coloured alternatively red and yellow.

any ideas?

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello New To The Forums Here So Heya This lil issue never really bothered me but is so irritant its like a bad itch was wondering if anybody would take secs to give a tiddy hand lol basicly Card Strange Before Booting POST Change, Graphics Bios when i Graphics Card Change, Strange Booting Before Bios POST press the ON button without my ATI Radeon HD in the PCI-E slot my pc makes click sound then i can see the POST and away we go Whopp but with the ATI Card installed it clicks like times and the front lights flash every time it clicks i say clicks cause thats what it dose sound like lol the power and HDD light flash its like its resetting itself severaltime to get power buildup to run the card S on the box for the card it says MINIMUM W PSU so i though hmm my standard wont do no good so i got myself a W ATX PSU an still dose it and on the ol trusty CPU-Z it reads its running at x when apaz my mobo is up-to x an my ATI is a x but the main Q is whats with what loks like bad starting its like a old vw in the cold lol Graphics Card Change, Strange Booting Before Bios POST any ideas if ya need any more info just ask im not a noob at pc's just not to much jargon hehe thanks in adavnce M D Tyler Addicional- I Have Also Another Computer With A PCI Graphics Card on XP Which USED to run fine but now since a reinstall with the same drivers and same OS as was same disc wont work past the Boot Manager unless its run in VGA Mode Any Ideas Here ps thought ide ask here as they both are kinda the same an saves x posts CPU-z For st Q CPU-Z TXT Report ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Binaries ------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU-Z version Processors ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Number of processors Number of threads APICs ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor -- Core -- Thread -- Core -- Thread Processors Information ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Processor ID Number of cores max Number of threads max Name AMD Athlon X Codename Brisbane Specification AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Package Socket AM CPUID F B Extended CPUID F B Brand ID Core Stepping BH-G Technology nm Core Speed MHz Multiplier x FSB x MHz HT Link speed MHz Stock frequency MHz Instructions sets MMX DNow SSE SSE SSE x - AMD-V L Data cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L Instruction cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size L cache x KBytes -way set associative -byte line size FID VID Control yes Max FID x Max VID V of P-States P-State FID x - VID x x - V P-State FID xA - VID x F x - V P-State FID xC - VID x D x - V P-State FID xD - VID x C x - V K Thermal sensor yes K Revision ID Attached device PCI device at bus device function Attached device PCI device at bus device function Attached device PCI device at bus device function Attached device PCI device at bus device function CPU Thread APIC ID Topology Processor ID Core ID Thread ID Type h Max CPUID level h Max CPUID ext level h Cache descriptor Level I KB thread s Cache descriptor Level D KB thread s Cache descriptor Level U KB thread s Chipset ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Northbridge NVIDIA MCP rev A Southbridge NVIDIA MCP rev A Graphic Interface PCI-Express PCI-E Link Width x PCI-E Max Link Width x Memory Type DDR Memory Size MBytes Channels Dual Memory Frequency MHz CPU CAS latency CL RAS to CAS delay tRCD RAS Precharge tRP Cycle Time tRAS Bank Cycle Time tRC Command Rate CR T Memory SPD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DIMM SMBus address x Memory type DDR Module format Regular UDIMM Manufacturer ID Kingston F Size MBytes Max bandwidth PC - MHz Part number Serial number CC C Manufacturing date Week Year Number of banks Data width bits Correction None Nominal Voltage Volts EPP no XMP no JEDEC timings ... Read more

A:Graphics Card Change, Strange Booting Before Bios POST

Hello mileztyler1205. Welcome to the Forum.

Because you say that when you take the 5450 card out of the PC you still get video that leads me to assume that the motherboard has on-board graphics.
It is necessary to disable the on-board graphics chip in order to use a video card. Newer motherboards switch the on-board chip off automatically, but some older boards required you to do so manually in the BIOS settings. That is where you should start.

The "click" sound is interesting. Most PCs beep, not click. Here I am going to guess that the speaker on the motherboard or computer case is defective and rather that beep you are just getting an electronic snap (or click).

As for the second machine it sounds like the video driver did not install correctly.
Completely uninstall all graphics card software and the driver. Then restart and try again.

And it is always better to write 2 posts. Otherwise it gets very confusing as to what question is being addressed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229635-graphics-card-change-strange-booting-before-bios-post.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I got this computer circa from my school and I m planning to use it for some slightly older programs GX240 Solved: change working - not on Trying to graphics Dell AGP card and stuff like that It came with a dual VGA graphics card built in with Mb of VRAM SDRAM using the AGP slot It is really not very good I found an old ATI Radeon Pro AGP Solved: Trying to change AGP graphics card on Dell GX240 - not working x x card I tried putting it in and plugging in a spare -pin cd dvd power cord in the computer Solved: Trying to change AGP graphics card on Dell GX240 - not working box into it but I get no video output The fan spins though Is there any way that I could get it to work Is it something to do with the bios not accepting the new card I smelt the card and it didn t smell like it was burnt out or anything OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Solved: Trying to change AGP graphics card on Dell GX240 - not working Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Matrox Millennium G Dual Head Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Computer Corporation OptiPlex GX Antivirus None nbsp

A:Solved: Trying to change AGP graphics card on Dell GX240 - not working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-change-agp-graphics-card-on-dell-gx240-not-working.1023062/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi Some background info to hibernate change ati BSODs card - cause: nvidia [SOLVED] graphics from assumed on that might help to pin down the problem Had an NVIDIA card until recently The newest nvidia driver somehow caused the card to overheat or similar because after driver installation there were artefacts all the time prior to OS boot eventually leading to BSODs I then bought a new card but this time from AMD I removed nvidia drivers first via control panel but probably there were remains that messed up my system Current problem Usually on hibernate there will be a BSOD which I actually do not see [SOLVED] BSODs on hibernate - assumed cause: change from nvidia to ati graphics card hibernation time is a few minutes during which my monitor powers off due to missing signal Not always Sometimes booting will fail so Windows gives me the option to repair so far to no avail HW SW info OS Win Professional x i guess retail free download via university Age HW is about years old Win about months CPU E Conroe Dual Core OCed from to Ghz Graphics AMD HD i guess manufacturer unknown Previous graphics card nvidia GF GTS MoBo Gigabyte GA- -DS PSU silverstone OP W No System manufacturer desktop pc That's it I hope you can help me Otherweise I would need to make a full reinstallation - Attached is both the results from the BSOD exe and the report from perfmon named PERFMON html Btw If possible convince the webmaster to also allow z files The z file I attached was only MB The zip-file is MB -

A:[SOLVED] BSODs on hibernate - assumed cause: change from nvidia to ati graphics card

I see plenty of evidence of the Nvidia issues that you had.

These BSODs (the first of which was back in February) however do not appear to be graphics related at all, they blame networking related drivers instead.

Some of the older ones blame avmnwim.sys which appears to be the driver for your AVM VPN client.

Now, I don't speak German, so I am unsure if there is an update for that driver. Please see if you can find one. The current driver is dated Fri Mar 26 09:05:25 2010 (4BABC205).

Most of the newer ones blame your wired networking driver:

Code:
yk62x64.sys Mon Sep 28 21:19:31 2009 (4AC07193)
You can update it from here - Marvell: Download Drivers

If BSODs continue after both updates please turn the Driver Verifier on - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Thu May 19 05:32:35.384 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.007
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for seehcri.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for seehcri.sys
Probably caused by : seehcri.sys ( seehcri+597a )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_seehcri+597a
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`05264000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`042be97a 00000000`00000000
SystemProductName = 965P-DS3
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Sat May 14 11:44:49.614 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:29:53.237
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for yk62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk62x64.sys
Probably caused by : yk62x64.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_yk62x64.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`02672060 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`04745c60
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Fri May 13 11:11:36.533 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 2 days 4:56:55.156
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk62x64.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`02672060 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`0204eba0
Debug session time: Tue May 10 11:20:46.670 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:16:42.309
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`02660060 fffff800`00b9c518 fffffa80`02457010
Debug session time: Mon May 9 19:53:13.723 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 1 days 0:55:23.346
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 0000000... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsods-on-hibernate-assumed-cause-change-from-nvidia-to-ati-graphics-card-574761.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My gaming PC has on a number of occasions shut down during gaming assassin s creed III batman arkham origins mass effect emulating ps games etc so i decided to monitor it one time with CPUID while running batman arkham origins windowed with high settings While playing my processor temp was usually in the range of Celsius but got as high as on some occasions and my vid card was in the range of mid s Celsius and got as high as on one occasion I checked the forums and googled and from what I ve read it seemed like these temps are supposedly in the normal range But after a few hours in that constant temperature my PC hung and then setup gaming (i5, down should GTX Gaming shuts What It my i in during 580)? change PC I had to shut it down manually On the What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming other occasions that I was playing other games it didn t even hang but instead shut down on it s own What always happens after this is that when i boot my pc the monitor says there s no signal and the CPU stops and restarts on it s own either once or a couple of times i have to move the cpu to another room which is a bit cooler and have to give it a couple of hours sometimes half a day before it boots normally again There were times I ve tried just leaving it in the original room before for a few days but it never boots normally when i do that I thought that the problem might be with my GPU but recently I was browsing with google chrome and when i opened a lot of tabs in succession about the PC hung again and I had to manually restart it and encountered the same booting problem I was running CPUID at the time and the temp shot up to C My CPU s normal idle temp is - C on hot days - My GPU s normal temp is C So I m really lost as to what the problem is and I wanted to ask for your help in suggesting what I can change add to my set up so that I can game and also work without worrying about this problem Here s the rest of my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping - Stock fan Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb - Stock fan Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Foxconn P A P A-S Antivirus BitDefender Antivirus Updated and Enabled Power Supply Corsair W Aerocool Strike-X GT-Bk Mid Tower Gaming Case - x mm Stock fan intake in the bottom front exhaust in the top back Two mm intake fans in the side Thanks so much nbsp

A:What should i change in my Gaming PC setup (i5, GTX 580)? It shuts down during gaming

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-should-i-change-in-my-gaming-pc-setup-i5-gtx-580-it-shuts-down-during-gaming.1112092/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, I have a EVGA e-GeForce 7600GT 256 MB PCIe Video Card which supports the SLI technology allowing me to link up 2 or more graphics cards for greater performance. Now this card has DDR3 memory. I wanted to know if I can link it up with a DDR2 memory graphics card which also supports SLI. If I can, how will this difference affect performance?

A:Linking a DDR2 memory graphics card with DDR3 SLI graphics card?

Now this card has DDR3 memoryClick to expand...

Which card?? "A card with DDR3 memory", or "A thingy with a red switch on it" tell us just as much.
But if it's not another 7600 GT you're trying to SLi, just forget it, especially if you're going to buy the other card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/linking-a-ddr2-memory-graphics-card-with-ddr3-sli-graphics-card.890912/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi for the last months ive been trying to fix a but Nvidia Random not card with restarts card graphics graphics AMD problem that ive been having with my computer about months ago I did a major pc upgrade where i replaced my motherboard processor ram heat sink power supply and case the only things I used from the original computer where HDD's SDD and my AMD radeon HD gb Now ive have the most strange issue where i can be watching a video off the HDD or surfing the web on youtube etc and not long after I Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card start the activity my computer will turn off like if I had flicked the switch on the back of the power supply and then it boots back up again and will run fine until i start up an activity again and then it does exactly the same thing and reboots there is no BSOD shown nor Dumps Created Ive tried many things to sort this out and have RMA'ed the power supply and the motherboard the motherboard wasn't a direct replacement as they didn't sell my original board anymore which was a gigabyte ga-x -ud now i have an asus p x deluxe I have tried only plugging in one HDD SSD and then tried a spare HDD when that failed i have tried one ram stick at a time and still nothing now heres where it gets strange whilst trying to rule out differnt hardware i switched my AMD card out for a very old mb pcie x nvidia graphics and since then my computer has been running marvelously i can have it playing videos for hours days even although i havent properly tested for days and not a single problem at all The main difference between the cards is obiously one is nvidia and the other is AMD the nvidia one doesn't require any form of external power from the power supply where as the AMD one requires pin connectors and the AMD card is Massively more powerful when compared to the nvidia one the AMD one can run Practically all new titles on max with ease whereas the nividia card struggles to play gta sa on medium so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board a damaged AMD card a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be Any help is appreciated Joe P S sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

A:Random restarts with AMD graphics card but not Nvidia graphics card

Quote: Originally Posted by cannotdisplay64

so i think ive narrowed it down to a driver error with amd and another driver with my new board, a damaged AMD card, a second dodgy power supply or something else that i haven't thought about or discovered yet.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any suggetions as im pretty much all out of ideas at this point and its starting to grind my gears that i cant use my expensive new computer as it should be. Any help is appreciated.

Joe

P.S. sorry about any spelling or punctuation mistakes made but Im very tired at the time of writing this and will be going to bed

The comparison you are making between GPU brands is pointless as a diagnostic. The MAIN difference I can see is that one card requires external power, and the other one does not. A proper diagnostic would be to test another GPU that requires external power.

I've heard that the specific PSU you bought will sometimes not power all the hardware it is supposed so.
People saying it could barely power a SSD, or even an extra fan.

My thoughts. Try using another PSU, try using a similar GPU. Use your old PSU and see if it still happens for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/276583-random-restarts-amd-graphics-card-but-not-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XP

A:TV Tuner Card, Graphics card, Disabling Shared Graphics

RichardB49 said:

Can i install a tv tuner card (psi) and a graphics card (agp) at the same time?
Also how to I disable shared graphics? I am running Windows XPClick to expand...

You sure can!!,not sure what you mean by shared graphics though

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-card-graphics-card-disabling-shared-graphics.336971/
Relevancy 51.6%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 50.31%

I was after increasing my WEI Ratings, from a few months and successfully increased them except for Graphics and Gaming Graphics rating and they are quite very much low compared to others WEI Ratings I saw on the thread "Show us your WEI Rating". They only give a rating of 3.2 and 3.3.

Is there any way to increase them, without ending up buying a new graphic card. Please tell me. I use Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.

A:WEI Rating for graphics and gaming graphics

Quote: Originally Posted by debdutta

I was after increasing my WEI Ratings, from a few months and successfully increased them except for Graphics and Gaming Graphics rating and they are quite very much low compared to others WEI Ratings I saw on the thread "Show us your WEI Rating". They only give a rating of 3.2 and 3.3.

Is there any way to increase them, without ending up buying a new graphic card. Please tell me. I use Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family.

I don't think you can mate.

Well, at least not without overclocking/buying a new card, and overclocking an onboard GPU = big no no.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/127144-wei-rating-graphics-gaming-graphics.html
Relevancy 49.88%

ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" Can anyone help me with this error message? I can hear the windows startup sound but it shows no display so i plugged the cable into the motherboad and an error box opend wich stated "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD" with no additional information. I searched online and found that asus smart doctor can cause this and they recommend that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers to fix this problem but the pc is not picking up the graphics card to reinstall all the needed drivers. I also found people with the same problem and after they did a clean install of windows7/vista and all the drivers the error box still appeared. Does anyone know how to resolve this problem? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:ASUS GT240 graphics card "ERROR CAN NOT FIND GRAPHICS CARD"

Do you have the PCIe set as first to initialize in the BIOS? Also, have you tried the card in another slot on the MoBo? Have you tried cleaning out the slot with canned air? Have you tried using a pencil eraser to gently clean the contacts in the GPU where it plugs into the PCIe?

And please, thoroughly fill out your System Specs by clicking on the tab under your post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/228579-asus-gt240-graphics-card-error-can-not-find-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just installed my graphics card and it hasnt changed performance much My intregrated card uses mb ram I think I have mb ram and it still says mb ram card my My is graphics intregrated graphics messing card with new after installing the new card it did not free it up I guess the old controller is messing with it In the device manager I disabled the display adapter before installing the new card However My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card it was a nvidia controller and there is lots of nvidia stuff in the device manager since my new card is using nvidia My intregrated graphics card is messing with my new graphics card software also I really dont know what else to to disable or uninstall The display adapter is now the new card that part is working I guess The card I just installed is d fuzion Specifications GPU NVIDIA GeForce MX Bus Type PCI Memory MB here is the link to more specifications http www dfuzion com cards pci asp These are the specifications on my computer Microsoft windows xp home edition version service pack Emachines T AMD Athlon processor ghz it says mb ram tho I have mb and mb rams sticks in it nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I have new dell with ATI RadeonTM X300.. it supports 2 display mode.. I was wondering is it better to use one graphics card with dual screen.. or having two graphics card on same system. I have extra dual head GeForce FX5500 from my old system.

I am using system for video editing and graphics.

thanks for any help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-dual-head-graphics-card-vs-two-graphics-card.456202/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, recently, I have came up with an idea of a fourth monitor, but my GPU (970) supports only three, which ones that I own. It has fourth one but I don't have the right cables for it for now.
I noticed that my motherboard has two open video ports, one being VGA which I needed. So, I tried just plugging it in and seeing what happens but it doesn't seem to work, I have tried looking for results around the internet and BIOS but they don't seem to work. The three monitors which I have plugged into my GPU, work perfectly fine, but, as I said, the motherboard's VGA port doesn't work. I have heard that such thing definitely is possible, but I cannot find out what I need to do.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/46662-z97-use-integrated-graphics-card-along-external-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello Forum,

I have build a Gaming PC and i was trying to use the MSI Gaming app. It worked but nowadays when i change the mode it gives me an instant BSOD. i have uploaded the BSOD .zip file as instructed.

Thank you for your help,

Kind regards,
Jan L

A:BSOD when starting MSI Gaming App and change to gaming mode or OC mode

I already have runned the memtest. i had 10 passes and 0 errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335313-bsod-when-starting-msi-gaming-app-change-gaming-mode-oc-mode.html
Relevancy 48.59%

If my motherboard currently has an intigrated graphics card, but has a PCI-E slot, do I need to do anything special after inserteing my graphics card and installing the drivers, or should it just work right away?

A:How do you switch from an integrated graphics card to an "external" graphics card?

Most modern PCs will detect the new installation of the PCI graphics card and automatically disable the onboard graphics, so yes it should just work.

If for some reason you have problems, you may have to make a change in the bios, I cannot be more specific because each bios is different depending on manufacturer, and model of the motherboard.

Install the card, connect your monitor to it and boot up, when you get into Windows install the driver and reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-you-switch-from-an-integrated-graphics-card-to-an-external-graphics-card.922726/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi My name is Apoorva I am from India Now I would like to know the basic difference in terms of performance for an onboard graphics card and an external graphics card for a Laptop What could be a major difference Also for Onboard graphics it is said on all the branded website that the size of it is upto MB shared So say for instance if I go between External graphics Graphics Shared) Card Difference (384MB (128/256M & Onboard for an external graphics card for a new Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M laptop which I am planning to purchase and the size of this external graphic card is MB or MB Difference between Onboard graphics (384MB Shared) & External Graphics Card (128/256M and as Onboard graphic card already provides MB shared memory therefore the question is that how could that external graphics card sizing MB deliver better performance as compared to Onbard graphics which sizes MB shared Also how are the new laptops launched by HP in India in terms of performance mobility amp stability The Laptop which I am looking for falls under series and is a business series laptop Waiting eagerly for a reply Apoorva nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-onboard-graphics-384mb-shared-external-graphics-card-128-256m.702994/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 47.73%

im just curious, does cpu really matter when it comes to gaming? for example i have dual core processors a pentium D 3.0ghz and pentium E5200, both have same ram, mobo, gpu card.

does fps changes much or not. as far as i know fps depends massively on gpu card.

A:Does cpu does a big change in gaming (FPS)

It literally depends on the game. A faster CPU will have a positive impact, but that can range from a little to a lot ( like Crysis3). The GPU is by far the biggest factor in fps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/313744-does-cpu-does-big-change-gaming-fps.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I ve decided to sell my laptop and build a desktop for from newegg com and this is what i have decided to put into it To see the specs on the part go to newegg com and copy the item into the search box Or just go to newegg com under wish lists and do a search for quot gamer quot Any suggestions will $600 pc change? i what gaming should be appreciated NZXT Apollo BLACK NP Black Secc Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail $600 gaming pc what should i change? Model Apollo BLACK NP Item N E In Stock ASUS A N-E $600 gaming pc what should i change? Socket NVIDIA nForce Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Model A N-E Item N E This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only In Stock POWERCOLOR R -HD -B Radeon PRO MB DDR AGP X X $600 gaming pc what should i change? Video Card - OEM Model R -HD -B Item N E In Stock Rosewill RD - -DB ATX V W Power Supply - Retail Model RD - -DB Item N E In Stock - Instant AMD Athlon Venice MHz HT Socket Processor Model ADA BPBOX - Retail Model ADA BPBOX Item N E This item is warranted through the product manufacturer only In Stock CORSAIR ValueSelect GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS GBKIT C - Retail Model VS GBKIT C Item N E In Stock Seagate Barracuda ST AS Perpendicular Recording Technology GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM Model ST AS Item N E In Stock SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner With X DVD-RAM Write Black IDE Model SH-S A BEBN - OEM Model SH-S A BEBN Item N E This item may only be returned for a replacement of the same make model within days only In Stock Subtotal nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I usually make a habit of checking Event Viewer EV on a regular basis having installed new drivers and a new graphics card this morning without a hitch I decided to check EV since this was a rather big change to the system Sure enough there was some new entries However Graphics Event related??) new entries Viewer graphics (NOT Card New when I looked into them they offered little information as to what the problem was When I used the link to see what online information was available the Microsoft site came back New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) with no information fixes for this problem These errors do not seem to be affecting anything but I just wanted to know how you folks think I should proceed Here are the two errors and what info I could pull from EV Device Center New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??) - - System - Provider Name DeviceCenter - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel Application Computer PC Security - EventData Unknown Node text -- gt Second error will be in the next post

A:New Graphics Card new Event Viewer entries (NOT graphics related??)

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0.

+ System
- EventData
\Device\CdRom0
0E00800001000000000000000B0004C001010000000000000000000008480700000000000000000005B9060000000000FFFF FFFF02000000580000840204000001200612080100000000000004010000000000000000000040538B0A80FAFFFF00000000 0000000010B0830A80FAFFFF000000000000000000000000000000001B000000020000000000000000000000700004000000 000A00000000530000000000000000000000
Binary data:

In Words

0000: 0080000E 00000001 00000000 C004000B
0008: 00000101 00000000 00000000 00074808
0010: 00000000 00000000 0006B905 00000000
0018: FFFFFFFF 00000002 84000058 00000402
0020: 12062001 00000108 00000000 00000104
0028: 00000000 00000000 0A8B5340 FFFFFA80
0030: 00000000 00000000 0A83B010 FFFFFA80
0038: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
0040: 0000001B 00000002 00000000 00000000
0048: 00040070 0A000000 00000000 00000053
0050: 00000000 00000000

In Bytes

0000: 0E 00 80 00 01 00 00 00 ..?.....
0008: 00 00 00 00 0B 00 04 C0 .......?
0010: 01 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 08 48 07 00 .....H..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0028: 05 B9 06 00 00 00 00 00 .?......
0030: FF FF FF FF 02 00 00 00 ????....
0038: 58 00 00 84 02 04 00 00 X..?....
0040: 01 20 06 12 08 01 00 00 . ......
0048: 00 00 00 00 04 01 00 00 ........
0050: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0058: 40 53 8B 0A 80 FA FF FF @S?.????
0060: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0068: 10 B0 83 0A 80 FA FF FF .??.????
0070: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0078: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0080: 1B 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 ........
0088: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0090: 70 00 04 00 00 00 00 0A p.......
0098: 00 00 00 00 53 00 00 00 ....S...
00a0: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

I just wanted to add that when I go into Device Manager there is no problem with the CD/DVD. I tried updating the driver through DM and Windows says the driver is up to date. I popped in a CD and it reads and plays no problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/276096-new-graphics-card-new-event-viewer-entries-not-graphics-related.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Okay I m really depending missing card, Overheating, and adapter graphics graphics not VGA working. on you guys to help me out here So my computer is overheating at temps above C My Nvidia Geforce GT m wont update from the nvidia download page nor from device manager I was just simply updating my drivers from Device Manager when I went Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. to update my VGA Graphics a screen came up and said an error was encountered with Nvidia GeForce GT m Now device manager says VGA Standard graphics adapter cannot start Could this be causing overheating I m also getting strange crashes in League of Legends Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. since this happened where I get a Black Screen and need to hard reboot my Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working. computer sometimes after games Anyway its like my Nvidia graphics card is quot missing quot or something P S I also have an under laptop cooling fan Edit Also would restoring to factory settings return my drivers to default again and possibly fix this problem Here are my Computer Specs quot Model Alienware M xR Intel R Core TM i CPU U GHz Installed RAM GB usable Windows bit Display adapters Intel R HD Graphics and Standard VGA graphics adapter nbsp

A:Overheating, missing graphics card, and VGA graphics adapter not working.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overheating-missing-graphics-card-and-vga-graphics-adapter-not-working.1045832/
Relevancy 47.73%

I m having a problem others seem to encouter but can t get it resolved I bought a ATI Radeon X Pro MB PCI-E card I have an Emachine T computer with built in ati xpress Specs found herehttp www emachines com support product support html cat desktop amp subcat T-Series amp model T My problem graphics on new installing card Emachine/onboard-graphics Problem is after installing the card my computer doesn t recognize the hardware As soon as I put Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics the card in my monitor will not work The computer boots up and the monitor has power but no picture The card fan is working i can hear it Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics I take the card out and it works fine Here is what I have tried -Called emachines for support and after disabling my onboard graphics still doesn t work they say call ATI -Tried support from ATI no help they say its the computer -Tried disabling in BIOS but it doesn t offer a selection for that It also does t have a PNP feature Only first initial display which I tried on PCIEX -Plug Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics monitor to both card and onboard -Check MSI website and I do have updated BIOS I can tell that the onboard graphics are disabled due to large scale print I tried uninstalling the drivers but when i turn it on it detects and installs the built in graphics I just can t get the monitor to work whenever the card is inserted If it would work I could manually install the hardware and drivers I m thinking I need a different BIOS that would let me use PNP and disable onboard graphics Any help I would greatly appreciate this is my first time to this website and I thought I would try it before taking my computer to a shop to see if they can fix it Just scared of what they might charge since I only paid about for the card Thanks in advance Kevin nbsp

A:Problem installing new graphics card on Emachine/onboard-graphics

An extreme option

As you do have the option of a working computer prior to installing the new card I would back up any files that are important to you..
Then, before I would pay someone else BIG bucks, I would put in the new card and try a fresh install of windows. Force it to recognise your new card. The drivers that Windows will pick should suffice until the install is done and you can then install the card specific drivers from your disk.
This is given ONLY as a choice. I am not sure this will solve your problem but IT IS something this cheap bas____ would try before paying someone else.

Good Luck and check back, maybe someone else will contribute a better idea.
Greg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-installing-new-graphics-card-on-emachine-onboard-graphics.41175/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi all Video card appears to be reaching the end of the road with regular crashes of x type After extensive attempts card Enabling method onboard graphics graphics/Disabling to fix it the conclusion is that the card needs to be replaced I plan to acquire a completely new computer when I go overseas in days time Until then a band-aid solution occurred to me to last this week use the onboard graphics integrated in the motherboard instead of the failing discrete graphics card Some background info Motherboard is GA-G M-ES L Graphics card is nVidia GT Current display interface is DVI connected to graphics card VGA cable available My method is Update motherboard GA-G M-ES L drivers Uninstall discrete graphics card nVidia GT drivers Reboot and access BIOS Via BIOS disable graphics card and enable onboard graphics Save and shutdown Disconnect DVI monitor cable from graphics card also from monitor Connect VGA monitor cable to motherboard also to monitor Boot Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method I would lke your opinion on this planned course of action which potentially could be nigh unfixable

A:Enabling onboard graphics/Disabling graphics card method

That is just how you should do that, it's unremarkable.

Should not be a problem at all, it's routine, you could add another card later and be just fine after disabling on-board again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/291302-enabling-onboard-graphics-disabling-graphics-card-method.html