Windows Support Forum

Windows XP HDD partition problem -- data lost

Q: Windows XP HDD partition problem -- data lost

I have Windows XP SP that would not boot to the desktop on a Normal boot The system has SATA HDD amp SATA DVD-RW partition HDD XP -- Windows lost data problem on Red SATA ports on the Motherboard amp Black SATA port on the mother board I apologize but sadly I do NOT remember if the DVD drive or one of the HDD was in the Black SATA port I m not REALLY sure I Windows XP HDD partition problem -- data lost understand the difference but The system would boot up almost to the desktop so I was able to boot up in Safe Mode Once I could get to the desktop I looked at the System log in Event Viewer amp it showed that the controller was reporting drive errors on Hard Drive NOT the boot drive It was happening so much that it was virtually filling the Event Viewer amp making it Windows XP HDD partition problem -- data lost hard to see anything else in there amp kept the system from being able to boot to the desktop It never made it to where it said Windows was loading my personal settings I have never seen a NON-boot drive keep an XP system from being able to boot up Once I made it to where I could see the Event Viewer messages I shut the system down amp disconnected the quot bad quot drive amp restarted the system It then booted up fine but when I looked at the event Viewer is STILL showed Hard Drive errors I thought that it might be a bad cable so I shut the system down again amp connected the SATA cable that was connect to Hard Drive amp moved exchanged it with the one on Hard Drive amp booted the system I looked in the Event Viewer amp it was STILL showing Hard Drive errors so I opened quot Disk Management quot amp it thought the hard drive that I took out was still in the system At this point it was actually in another room Disk Management showed hard drive errors so I right clicked on the drive that wasn t even IN the system amp chose quot Delete Partition quot amp that made the drive errors stop Remember THAT hard drive was NOT in the system at the time I rebooted the system amp looked in Drive Management amp it reported quot Drive Missing quot When I looked in Event Viewer it STILL had Hard Drive errors NOW I suspect that this is REALLY a power issue amp NOT a hard drive or controller problem My power supply has leads Has SATA type amp IDE type type power connector Has SATA type Connectors Has IDE type amp Floppy type power connector I shut the system down again put the quot bad quot drive in the system disconnected all of the SATA cables amp power cables Plugged the HDD in the Red SATA ports left the DVD uplugged moved the power cables Of course I figured that since there where SATA power connectors on one lead it would be OK to plug in hard drives Keep in mind that this system has been running this way for years with showing this problem although now that I think about it the boot drive has failed times BUT they were all Seagate GB drives amp I have had those fail in several other systems FAR more often than the Hitatchi or Samsung However the WD drives have failed just as often as the Seagate Since I now suspected that this was a power problem I decided to plug in only of the HDD in the SATA power lead amp plugged the remaining HDD in the SATA power lead that the DVD was using amp I left the DVD disconnected I booted the system NOW my question Problem The drive that I took out of the system thinking it was bad now has NO partition When I deleted the partition on the HDD even though it was NOT in the system at the time that partitions are gone I have not done anything else to the drive since I found this problem so does ANYONE have ANY idea what I might be able to do to bring the partitions amp my TB of data back In UNIX there are format commands commands that can bring back files because they re not REALLY gone the allocation table is just not looking in the right place or something I realize this was a L-O-N-G amp Boring story but I had to go through the whole thing to explain the problem amp hopefully get a solution Thank you in advance I would REALLY appreciate any suggestions on what I can try nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-hdd-partition-problem-data-lost.183526/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows XP HDD partition problem -- data lost

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.69%

Hello friends Now whatever I am going to say may be a little complicated but please be patient and help me out I am on a Win platform with two HDD The first HDD contains the OS and the second had three partitions All that I will be talking is about the nd HDD that contains all my data Out of the three partitions first was empty second was full and third was also full So I merged st and the rd so that I can Big lost) (Data Problem Partition Solved: Big have some extra space in the third As soon as I merged it it said that it wil convert it into Dymanic Drive to which I said ok Later as I didnt like the feel of it I deleted the st which also automatically deleted my rd partition That was where everything went wrong I again created it and did a quick format but now all my data is gone Now guys please help me to get my data back I havent copied any thing to that Solved: Big Big Partition Problem (Data lost) drive till now Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

please help the f drive of my hard disk has gone loco while tryin to access folders it says quot the disk in drive is not formatted do u want to format it now quot only one folder gives me access to it n rest of it doesnt allow to open them when i checked the folder size it shows quot folder empty pls of lost. partition data help my quot amp when i checked the f drive space it shows GB in use which has been the same this happened when i took my hard disk to frns house but when i log in to my hard disk the f drive was corrupted maybe the file to folder association might have lost or something like that i dont know just pls pls plssssssssssssssssssss help me recover my data data of my partition lost. pls help back plssssssssssssss i want to recover my data of my partition lost. pls help GB data of my partition lost. pls help of f drive back as it contains some doc mp pdf n many more format files pls suggest some good solution god bless uuuuu plsssssss helpp nbsp

A:data of my partition lost. pls help

this is a duplcate

this is a duplcate of http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic77958.html

please abandon this thread and use only the previous

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-of-my-partition-lost-pls-help.77957/
Relevancy 67.51%

Any Ideas were I might find mydocuments or outlook email data after a restore using the none distructive restore from the HP partiton on a HP pavilion 630n. I had run AVG which found many viruses include system files which could not be healed so I used the nondestructive restore feature on that model. After I had run AVG I did a reboot and the computer did a check disk which proceeded to clean up the disk and indexes. No more Doc. or email.

A:HP lost data after restore from HP partition

Welcome to TSG....

You can take a look and see if you can find any directories that look like ones that this data should be in like documents and settings with a number after it that might be write protected and if found there might be your old data.

One thing you might consider in the future is baking up all of the important data on a regular basis. Backing up saves a lot of lost information.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-lost-data-after-restore-from-hp-partition.643475/
Relevancy 67.51%

I was running on Windows XP SP2 working fine for me. Last week when I connected to the internet while browsing may be some virus came into it and my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5050) start malfunctioning. I decided to install windows XP SP2 again, while installing it started formatting my hard drive without prompting for it in the mean while it got restarted and I lost my whole data. I again repartitioned it and install windows XP some how.

I have tried many softwares for recovering data like GetdataBack for NTFS, Badcopy and Ontrack.

Can any one tell me which is the best software for recovering lost data from HDD.

A:Data Recovery from lost Partition

Do not double-post.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/666204-hdd-data-recovery-lost-partition.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-from-lost-partition.666205/
Relevancy 67.51%

I was running win 7 with 4 partitions , thought to upgrade to win 10. While installing it didn't allowed me to install. I thought i can run diskpart clean on one partition, selected one volume and ran clean command, but it still cleaned all the partitions. Long story short, I cannot boot my OS until I install OS on freshly created single partition. I was told to use partition recovery apps like partition and mount software, Do I have to install OS on it anyways and once OS is installed, instal the partition and mount software for the recovery?

A:How can i recover lost partition and data in it

NO! Don't do anything that involves the hard drive at this point. You will need to use another computer to create a disk recovery boot disk from a recovery program and use that to boot the computer with the affected hard drive and then let the program do its thing.

This is the program I have used in the past, and I think Brink recommends it too:
[email protected] Partition Recovery restores deleted damaged volumes &amp disks. Freeware Data Recovery Software Toolkit

You can try this one for free, the company is a pretty good company, but I haven't used this software:
Free Partition Recovery Software - EaseUS Partition Recovery.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/25338-how-can-i-recover-lost-partition-data.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I was running on Windows XP SP2 working fine for me. Last week when I connected to the internet while browsing may be some virus came into it and my Laptop (Acer Aspire 5050) start malfunctioning. I decided to install windows XP SP2 again, while installing it started formatting my hard drive without prompting for it in the mean while it got restarted and I lost my whole data. I again repartitioned it and install windows XP some how.

I have tried many softwares for recovering data like GetdataBack for NTFS, Badcopy and Ontrack.

Can any one tell me which is the best software for recovering lost data from HDD.

A:HDD Data Recovery from lost partition

After 2 installations, you are wasting your time trying to recover anything. It is all gone. Hopefully, you had everything backed up, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hdd-data-recovery-from-lost-partition.666204/
Relevancy 66.65%

I purchased a new Motherboard to upgrade my computer and new SSD drive. I installed Windows 7 again on my new SSD. I had a 3TB Seagate Drive that had 3 partitions. One partition had Windows 7 and system files. The other two had data. Now, one of my data partitions shows as Unallocated. The old Windows 7 partition is totally accessible as well as one data partition. I need to recover the data on the drive from the unallocated partition. I've tried Seatools and EaseUs partition tool. I'm going to try DiscInternals next.

Does anyone have suggestions on recovering a partition that is now unallocated? I imagine the data is still there but the partition isn't being recognized by Windows 7.

Thanks

A:Lost Partition - Now Unallocated - Data Recovery

Try a simple partition undelete using Partition Wizard Partition Recovery Wizard - Video Help.

If that doesn't work try data recovery software.

Your data should always be backed up externally or to the cloud, using a modern method like Sync, Backup and Store your Files to the Cloud with Skydrive - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/310968-lost-partition-now-unallocated-data-recovery.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Greetings Let me try and gather my wits and explain what is happening as I'm nearing a heart attack My computer had been turned off for a while and was not in use - as I was away on a trip for several months I got back turned it on and my computer booted into Startup Repair It took hours to finally tell me that nothing was wrong except that the system volume on the disk is corrupt Once I clicked finish the system reboots right back into the windows startup repair Odd but this stuff happens right So I booted up with another bootable partition on an alternate HDD within the same computer to see if I could recover the files It booted fine but when I took a look at the HDD causing me problems I Black Partition/Data Caviar WD Lost HDD do not see the partition where all my files are located There were folders there but things do not look right I opened my User WD Caviar Black HDD Partition/Data Lost folder and files seemed to have vanished I've never seen this before and it feels like a cruel joke Disk Management only shows one partition It shows that TB or TB are free This is WRONG WD Caviar Black HDD Partition/Data Lost as I have used most of the file space on the HDD So right now I have the HDD in a USB Thermaltake tether and I'm running quot Phoenix Windows Data Recovery quot While I thought I had backed up years worth of work finding out that I hadn't This is certainly a wake up call and I'm praying that I will be able to get these files If all efforts fail I will certainly be sending this drive to a professional data recovery If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them Here's a link that shows the windows startup repair report DRIVE B https drive google com folderview FE amp usp sharing EDIT As I ran the Data Recovery it appears some of my quot free space quot did disappear I'm still waiting to see the results Just thought I would update

A:WD Caviar Black HDD Partition/Data Lost

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Since you are already on with Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery, I shall refrain from giving out my thoughts on what you have done or more precisely what should have been done in this case.

Let us know what you intend to do if the recovery process shows the files on completion. Will you go ahead and buy the $99 software to be able to save those files?

Please come back and let us know the results of the current process when complete.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/322594-wd-caviar-black-hdd-partition-data-lost.html
Relevancy 66.65%

drive dissappeared !!!

i tried to merge between two drives c: and f: with partition magic

and after rebooting the only drive i had was my c: with out the space of f: or the data

please help i lost all my stuff and partion magic was on f: too

please please help

thanks to anyone who may help me wit this

A:Lost data and space after merge partition

partition info

partition type : of 9hex)extendedx
serial number : none
first physical sector : 40,965,750 ( cyl 2,550 , hd 0 , sect 1 )
second physical sector : 78,140,159 ( cyl 4,863 , hd 254 , sect 63 )
total physical sector : 37,174,470 ( 18,151.6 mb)
physical geometry : 4,864 cyl 255 hd 63 sect

hope this information can be helpful and if any of this means my data isnt lost

thanks again to anyone that will be able to help :rolleyes:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-data-and-space-after-merge-partition.20670/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have resized a partition using partition magic 7 on win XP (home).
The partition is active. I have a backup folder that contains all of my data from the drive but is not accessible. There is a System Volume Information folder that has appeared. Windows reports the drive has as much data on the drive as before the resize.
Scandisk does not help.
Defrag shows the files and will do its job but still there is no access to the files.

A:Partition Magic resize data almost lost?

It 's not to clear what you're saying, but it sounds like you've simple 'hidden' your backup folder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/partition-magic-resize-data-almost-lost.38095/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi.

Alright I got a new Seagate 250GB drive and I am trying to transfer data that is from a 120GB WD drive that has lost its partition formatting.

I have tried to do it with PC Inspector File Recovery, but while the program finds the data is not transferring it over. The progress bar for "saving to" never changes and I ran this since 6pm yesterday and there was no change when I stopped it several minutes ago. Now all I want to do is get the data from one drive to the other, and then fix the partition problem for the other drive and if the data is on the Seagate, I do not care about reformatting the WD.

But step one the data, am I doing something wrong? Both drives are USB on Windows XP with all the most recently fixes installed.

Thank you.

Relevancy 64.93%

My computer came with one great big partition, with XP Home installed on it. For four months all my data got stored on that same partition. Then I got partition magic, and decided to make a separate partition for all my files. This turned out to be too small, after I'd transfered all my music, plus my work files to it. I then tried to repartition the drive, taking most of the spare space from the XP drive and giving it to the data drive.
Just as it started to widen the Data drive, and after shrinking the XP drive, it crashed. Now XP doesn't boot, and my data partition is corrupted too.
I've been daft and so have no backup of my data, and no partition magic back-up floppies. Is there anyway I can get the data back?

If it's any help, Ubuntu is also on the laptop, and working fine.

A:Partition Magic 8 has corrupted Windows partition and Data partition

Do you have the installation CD? If so, "BART PE" may be the solution. I have used it with success. Here is the link: http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

{redoak}

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-magic-8-has-corrupted-windows-partition-and-data-partition.643210/
Relevancy 64.5%

Good day afternoon night As the title explains I was trying to create a new primary partition in my Hard Disk Samsung HM JI that I use as External Disk with an Acteck Enclosure USB and with DISKPART I selected the Small Partition recently created and used the command quot clean quot thinking that that command would clean the partition and not the entire disk and then I used quot create partition primary quot until I got advised that the entire disk was cleaned I found this thread and I think it could help me a lot with my problem but due all the programs are very powerful tools I don't want to delete Data HDD lost, Primary Commands Create Partition Diskpart and Clean my data I had not put anything on the disk I just ran the Quick Scan and Deeper Scan from TestDisk with no lucky of recovery I didn't take any SS of those scans Now finished the Quick HDD Data lost, Diskpart Clean and Create Partition Primary Commands Scan of Partition Recovery in Partition Wizard with no lucky of any useful partition just the last partition I did I will do the full scan of Partition Wizard and I will put the SS here It was only quot Clean quot command and quot Create HDD Data lost, Diskpart Clean and Create Partition Primary Commands Partition Primary quot Not quot Clean All quot so If the PW doesn't works I think the only tool that could help me is DMDE Recover data from a diskpart gt clean command And this thread contains a lot of info from I take recently and I haven't made any other modify in the Hard disk since the DiskPart Hope all the info helps to help me and sorry about my English I'm from Mexico Edit I finished the Full Scan and as the Quick found the same useless partitions Here is the SS and I made a Partition Scan with DMDE and it found this then I'm making a NTFS Search with DMDE in the whole disk

A:HDD Data lost, Diskpart Clean and Create Partition Primary Commands

Hi alexalget,

I am still trying to reconstruct what you have done leading to this problem. Please answer each question point by point for my understanding.

1. You had put a 500GB HDD into an external casing. When you put it in the very first time, was that HDD a new one or it already had data in it?

2.Have you been using this setup, reading and writing into the drive since the time you put that 500GB drive in it, without changing the disk structure? In other words did you wipe / format it and started with a clean 500GB HDD inside?

3. If you were already using the drive, you will not be able to create a new volume unless you delete the existing volume. Did you delete the existing volume, before you created a new small volume of 8 GB?

4. Did you use Windows Disk Management to create this new 8GB volume?

5. Also post a screenshot of how your drive looks now in Windows Disk Management as well as Partition Wizard -the very first screen that appears when you launch PW.

( I know you had read the other thread by lonewolf, where Anshad Edavana had done an excellent work reconstructing the MBR, partition table and the NTFS boot sector. But your case is different - you seem to have done multiple operations rather than just a diskpart clean as in that case - and I am not sure whether you should follow that.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/375813-hdd-data-lost-diskpart-clean-create-partition-primary-commands.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I am running Windows Vista SP on a Lenovo X tablet machine I a gone lost - a partition boot awry system Parition data all on dual on management am dual booting Vista Parition management gone awry on a dual boot system - lost all data on a partition with Ubuntu So here is the situation - I had four partitions for Vista c d e and f F drive was just some MB partition that I had to keep there after I had tried to move and merge partitions with Paragon Partition Manager a few months ago I had tried to merge F with D as F showed adjacent to D instead of E in the partition chart but when I did that and restarted the system the system did not boot I had dual boot then too I was trying to find out the problem so I used Paragon Partition Manager from Hiren s Boot Disk and reverted the changes I had made merging D and F and everything was fine - I was able to boot fine This is all a recollection of activity I did a few months ago A week ago I tried to do the same hoping it would work this time but ended up in the same situation What was worse this time was that Hiren s Boot Disk did not load some CDROM drivers so I could not access Paragon Parition manager or any other partition manager in that CD and I could not revert the changes I tried another boot disk Ultimate Boot Disk but it also failed to download CDROM drivers I don t get why it would not now when it worked fine a few moths ago In addition to this I could not boot Vista At some point after - hours Ubuntu did not boot too So I reinstalled GRUB the bootloader and I was able to boot into Vista as well as Ubuntu Interestingly when I booted in to Vista I got the Paragon Partition Manager screen with the changes I had wanted to make - merging D and F There was no option for me to revert or cancel the changes so the only thing I could do to pass that screen was ot click quot Ok quot which I did After that task was completed I booted into Vista After booting there was no F drive just one D drive but the problem is it shows as just a drive with no data on it and unformatted too So when I double-click on D drive to open it it asks me if I want to format the drive I do have backup of that drive but it is not the most current and I looked at the backup I have and found that there is much more that I am missing in the backup so I need to have the lost data on D recovered somehow It seems to me I will have to dig deep into partition tables and stuff but I am not adept with all that I am hoping I could change some file which would show the D drive with all my data in it - something like this worked for me in Ubuntu Linux I would truly appreciate if someone could please guide me step-by-step in solving this problem I need to have the data on that drive back as it is important for work Thanks a lot I am attaching two screen shots one with E drive clicked on in Paragon Partition manager and one with D the problem drive clicked on Keith nbsp

A:Parition management gone awry on a dual boot system - lost all data on a partition

Anyone, please? Thanks.

Keith.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/parition-management-gone-awry-on-a-dual-boot-system-lost-all-data-on-a-partition.719953/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi,

I have a question.

I formatted a partition of my harddrive but in the end not only a partition was formatted but the next partition also was gone.

Meaning: the data is still there, but the NTFS partition isn't recognised anymore by Windows, and in diskmanager the space is now ready to assign new partition.

In a data recovery software, I saw the not recognised partition was still recognised as 'NTFS'.

What can I do?

The best scenario would be to simply tell Windows somehow, there is partition with NTFS and it should assign a letter to it.

A:Windows lost partition letter and don't recognize format partition

Can you post a screen shot of Disk management?
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...en-forums.html

Screenshot tools.
A Preferred Method of Uploading/Posting Screen Shots
How to Use the Snipping Tool in Vista - Vista Forums
Snipping Tool - Windows 7 features - Microsoft Windows
Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
Screenshot with Paint
Screenshot and Upload using MWSnap
fscapture free download

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199533-windows-lost-partition-letter-dont-recognize-format-partition.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a 60 GB partition for W7 system and a data partition. I would like to have the Users files and all non systems stuff go directly to the Data partition. I have done it on other systems but can't figure it out on W7. I had found in a search how to do this a while back but can't find it now. I would appreciate it if someone pointed out a link on how to accomplish this.

A:Storing data in other partition other than system partition in windows 7

Is this what you are looking for?
http://www.windows7home.net/how-to-move-user-data-folder-to-non-system-partition-in-windows-7vista/

Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/storing-data-in-other-partition-other-than-system-partition-in-windows-7.968063/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello I will try keep this to a minimum as i Partition/MBR drive) data on (no problem m sure this should be easily solved Basically new computer setup windows XP on a GB drive GB for the system with the rest split into two Due to an internal card reader XP ended up as the H Due to a problem when installingsome software i attempted to Partition/MBR problem (no data on drive) change the system drive letter back to C through the registry Big mistake long and the short of it is windows Partition/MBR problem (no data on drive) would no longerboot up At this point booting to the windows xp setup the only partition which showed was a GB unused partition Now all i want to do is make the drive factory fresh I can make the partitions work within windows with this dodgy HD as a slave drive and delete create partitions etc However no matter ho much i format delete create partitions when i load the windows XP setup it only ever sees the GB partition i tried using the command diskpart gt clean to no avail i thought it would wipe it out Can anyone advise Partition/MBR problem (no data on drive) me how to lose what ever config is stillon that hard drive and have it back abe to be partitioned formatted etc within the windows setup CD Many Thanks Daniel nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Greetings I have a big problem with my USB stick I dont - lost stick Data USB problem know how USB stick problem - Data lost it come but my gb stick turn into a GB stick And I have some data lost Stick is drive H When I put my mouse on the folder quot yar amp tamam quot you can see this absurd situation jpg The size is GB but actually not more than kb - mb And you can see the odd names And see the folder inside here jpg Incredible Normally this folder should have - folders and some txt files This folder is totally loss for me - When I check quot my computer quot the drive H seems GB and mb is used This is normal - When I scan with Kaspersky daily updated shows no virus - I did look in my stick with Recovery tool and it shows that my stick is Mb What I can say is this stick very very important for me it s the novel i ve USB stick problem - Data lost been writing for year Please tell anything you know Though I ve tried my luck on some forums seeing here very active want to try one more Hope it works Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-stick-problem-data-lost.822923/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have a machine where Windows was installed P III GB Later on data - with XP Installation Problem lost I purchased a licensed copy of Win XP Home I used to save all my files in My documents The target folder was of XP Installation - Problem with lost data course set to my profile under Documents and Settings My machine has partitions - Part - GB and the other is GB XP Installation - Problem with lost data I dont know why my hardware guy did such a funny thing Suddenly my machine XP Installation - Problem with lost data stopped functioning So the hardware guy took it away and then came back with an installation of Win XP Pro and my motherboard was changed too Intel e Now I am unable to find my files on my hard disk I also insisted that they install XP Home since I have the license for that and I want regular updates from MS He again did that installation I cant find my lost files If I click on my C drive it shows pie chart of GB of used But if I select all the files and folders in C it shows GB Why is this so Are my files still on the HDD Can I recover them thru some utility I have already run detailed Search but NOTHING - Please help Best regards Yps nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-installation-problem-with-lost-data.515916/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I recently re-formatted my PC and everything Problem DVD Important Data Lost - that I wanted to keep which wasn t a lot a burned onto a single DVD Even though it wasn t a lot it was quite important The software told me the data had burned correctly and everything was hunky dory but I stupidly didn t check to make sure Now I ve re-formatted my PC I go into my computer and select the drive and one folder is in there but no sub-folders with my files If i right click on the Drive in My computer it says it s full with GB of stuff yet when I right click on the single folder in there it says no folders or files in there I don t know why it s DVD Problem - Important Data Lost doing this but it s really frustrating as some treasured photo s are on there and important work files If anyone can help I d really appreciate it Thank You nbsp

A:DVD Problem - Important Data Lost

You might try a program like " Isobuster" to retrieve your data. If the data was actually written to the disk you should be able to see it.
http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-problem-important-data-lost.858901/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I Help!!! Ever Lost Plz Problem Worst Hd Data. am in terribe terrible pain and am shaking with My Hd Lost Data. Plz Help!!! Worst Problem Ever second hard drive has been COMPLETELY WIPED I have Hd Lost Data. Plz Help!!! Worst Problem Ever lost gigs worth of data Is there anyway to restore it when i click on the drive in explorer it says quot the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable quot system restore says that quot changes made to drive s D after this point cannot be reversedbecause the drive Hd Lost Data. Plz Help!!! Worst Problem Ever was either excluded from System Restore monitoring or was turned off or removed quot In computer management it says the file system is RAW Does this mean that is has somehow formatted itself I recently changed the hard drives to sleep after two hours could that have been the cause I tried to use chkdsk but it doesn t even start PLEASE HELP MANY HOURS OF DOWNLOADS HAVE BEEN LOST Also one friend heard that if i put it into the freezer the files could be restored IS THIS TRUE PLZ HELP I WILL BE IN DEBT TO ANYONE WHO CAN FIX THIS GIGANTIC PROBLEM THANKS I have XP PRO nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi

I have a 250Gb hard drive which is partitioned into halves - or thereabouts. I have W7 installed on the partition known as C drive - the second partition is known as D drive. The D drive has disappeared. When I open Explorer it only shows the drive named C drive (123gb).

Can anyone please help with getting the remainder of my hard drive back - preferably without losing the data on the partition? TestDisk shows two partitions including an Extended partition which I assume is D drive.

Thanks

A:Lost partition Windows 7

What does it show in Disk Management?

If you do not how to get to it:

Click the Start Orb
in Search box type: Computer
2nd result should be Computer Management. Open it.
Then click on Disk management in the Storage Section.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/71103-lost-partition-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all,

I am trying to find ways to recover all of my important data from my hard drive which was not working suddenly.

After several attempts of recoveries, I have decided to buy a same HDD because it didn't even appear on disk management. And I replaced a board of that on my old drive and then I can see it on disk management.

Of course, I did click on cancel on disk initializing.

Then, I have used Partition Wizard tool to recover my data what I have discovered from this forum.

Actually, it is big numbers of sectors since capacity of hard drive is 1TB.

From this point,I have experienced that too low scanning rate (128 sectors/sec) was going there and it is hard to wait till the end. It will take about 176 days at that speed, approximately.

Is there any solution on this problem? What could be the reason of slow scanning speed?

A:HDD lost partition recovery related problem (Samsung HD103uj 1TB)

I have many comments to make on your dealing with this issue but will reserve it for a later moment since you are already on with the Full scan and so I shall catch on it for the moment.

I see the scan had gone upto 1920 sectors. Hold on till it reaches 2048 and beyond. The first partition will always (in most cases) start on 2048. Let us see whether it finds the partition at 2048.

Post a screenshot after it goes beyond 2048.

Let me know whether the scan is still on. Otherwise I shall go to sleep and return only after another ten hours and shall see the screenshot then. After posting the screenshot wait for half an hour.

If I am not seen in that half an hour cancel the scan and close Partition Wizard.
I shall continue tomorrow ( my tomorrow)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/384092-hdd-lost-partition-recovery-related-problem-samsung-hd103uj-1tb.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I tried the to windows xp, however, I some of my data in the process. Repairing win xp when a file is missing or corrupt, and do not boot to win. You can repair by skipping the first R and selecting the second R. The Win xp disk will only replace system file and lose any data or setting. I did not see the second R, but I when ahead and ran win xp anyway. I it not delete the partition or re-format the hard drive. I have not have same login and some my data is missing. Is their a free program to help me get back my data?

A:Windows XP- lost data

Please explain again what you did. Start with the very first sentence.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-lost-data.455270/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a lian li external storage with 3 sata disks. For some reason the drive letter and name changed on a reboot.

Two disks had the same name, and on one of them almost all data was lost. Running a recovery program now, but any idea what coulp have caused this?

A:disk letter\labels changed and lost data problem

The removable disks will always find the most convinient drive letter available. As for the lost data it could be either accidental deletion or formating...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/145260-disk-letter-labels-changed-lost-data-problem.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi
i plug in my usb my mse detect virus and del or hide my data. i clean my usb now no more virus but can't show my data when i scan my usb it show in scaning but dont show in my usb
pls help my data is very important

thanks

A:Serious problem: Flash Drive (USB) lost data but show in scanning

could try: open the anti spyware you used -goto something like virus vault-see if in there -will be an option to recover (avg,avast all have this so your data may be there but not where it was before)

http://www.filehippo.com/download_recuva/download/538dee0c339f04561301a77744a5fc60/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-flash-drive-usb-lost-data-but-show-in-scanning.1033826/
Relevancy 55.04%

I already know how to make a data partition but I wanna know how to make a data partition with windows 7 on it so in the case of an emergency i can use the data partition with windows 7 on it to reinstall the os so I wont have to use a disk im asking because my pc did not come with a partition that has a copy of the preinstalled os on it so you can reinstall the os if needed like with most pcs thats you buy from the store. Im currently useing a preinstalled version of windows 7 but I also have a retail disk with windows 7 on it

A:how to make a data partition with windows 7 on it

Quote: Originally Posted by bigboi972

I already know how to make a data partition but I wanna know how to make a data partition with windows 7 on it so in the case of an emergency i can use the data partition with windows 7 on it to reinstall the os so I wont have to use a disk im asking because my pc did not come with a partition that has a copy of the preinstalled os on it so you can reinstall the os if needed like with most pcs thats you buy from the store. Im currently useing a preinstalled version of windows 7 but I also have a retail disk with windows 7 on it

This is not going to work unless you have 2 license keys - but even then it is not practical. However, there is a much easier solution when you make an image. You can make it in a partition - but preferably on another HDD for safety reasons if your OS HDD goes south,. But the standard way is to make it on an external disk. Here are all the instructions on how to do it: Imaging with free Macrium

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/125712-how-make-data-partition-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I accidently deleted windows bootloader file. I Don't know how this happened but tried to recover my windows by DVD and its works But Now the problem is only Drive C is visible. Is there any way to recover other drives which are not visible now.??
I m attaching some Screenshots with this post..please help me..thanks

A:Lost my HDD partition after windows recovery.

Try downloading and installing Minitool Partition Wizard Home Edition (free) along with the ISO for standalone bootable CD and burn it to CD.

Then boot to the CD and use its "partition recovery wizard" to see what it makes of your hard drive. If the original partitions can be discovered and recovered, let it do it.

In the future, taking regular periodic "system image" backups to say an external USB 3.0 drive with Macrium Reflect (free) for at least your "boot drives" (i.e. "system reserved" where Boot Manager lives, and C where Windows lives) is the minimum backup protection you should be running.

f course you should also be backing up your irreplaceable data on C and other partitions regularly, so as not to be exposed to ANY type of unexpected disaster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/320149-lost-my-hdd-partition-after-windows-recovery.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I got to the by Lost of DATA refreshing 8... windows office yesterday and the PC which I left running and working as usually had in it's screen the common message saying the computer can't boot any device strange since the computer was running and it's a message hat appears when booting After trying to reboot it a couple of times a message saying quot kernel file is missing try advance tools quot was shown I tried to quot Lost of DATA by refreshing windows 8... refresh quot the system Anyway The thing is that after refreshing I have lost much more than the apps The apps I can retrieve It will take me half a day to Lost of DATA by refreshing windows 8... retrieve almost all of the software but doable BUT WHAT ABOUT THE DATA I have two drivers on the PC C software and D data and it looks as if my quot D quot driver had been erased or something I see it but I can't open it properties say it's empty and before being opened has to be formatted I don't get it WHERE IS MY DATA WHERE IS MY DRIVER Any help will be much appreciated

A:Lost of DATA by refreshing windows 8...

Hi there
since this in an OFFICE don't you have data backups on some server somewhere.
In any case if it's PRIVATE data you should ALWAYS have backups - it's amazing after all these years and almost DAILY exhortations about backup we still read posts of people losing and trying to recover data.

I'm amazed too that in these days of Energy efficiency that you ARE allowed to leave a PC on overnight in an office unless it's a server or doing a long running job agreed in advance with office management. Cleaners or anybody could in theory tamper with a PC - but on the whole that is relatively unlikely. Could be a Disk overheated and system crashed.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45664-lost-data-refreshing-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Backed up using File History and Hard Disk Image File (.vhdx) successfully created and seems to have.

However, returning to PC, all files had disappeared from folders except a single thumbs file in each.

Tried to mount the image file but although Disk Management says file is ok, it won?t mount.

Message that I get says that it isn't initialized, contains partitions hat aren't recognizable, or contains volumes that haven't been assigned drive letters.

I can?t access the image file and cannot seem to get my old folder contents restored.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-lost-during-backup-on-windows-8-1.1166921/
Relevancy 54.61%

I've recently had all sorts of problems with viruses, despite cleaning regulary, and finally got to the stage of not being able to open anything - Logon UI problems, programmes simply not responding. So i reloaded XP, in a new file called Windows2. Have i lost everything that was in the first version - photos, email from outlook etc?:

A:Lost Data after installing new windows?

XP would install in a 'partition', NOT a file.

Are you actually booting to XP?

Do you see 2 partitions (probably C: and D:) in Disk Management?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-data-after-installing-new-windows-361539.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys I have a serious problem with my Packard Bell Easy Note V W Since a few days when I started the PC Windows would load then I recovery - running Bell ? my tool data Serious problem lost Packard after with would login and then the PC would freeze when loading the desktop etc I could see my desktop see the start menu etc But could not click on anything And the same Serious problem with my Packard Bell - data lost after running recovery tool ? situation would happen even with annother user So I tried different things First I wanted to restart in safe mode to run a chkdsk But when I tried starting safe mode it would just start the normal Windows So I saw on the Packard Bell docs that there was a recovery Serious problem with my Packard Bell - data lost after running recovery tool ? mode I could launch at startup by pressing F or F don t remember The doc mentionned that I would then be able to choose to backup my data and reinstall Windows I went ahead And then things got very wired After launching the tool told me no partition was found and that it was now creating one Ok Then I got a menu proposing me to backup my data and reinstall Windows Only problem this option was disabled radio button disabled The only option left was to restore at factory default Of course I didn t want to since I didn t want to loose my data Now what am I supposed to do When I restart the computer it automatically boots on the recovery partition I can t boot in any other mode I inserted a Windows Installation CD from annother computer tried running chkdsk but it only finds two partitions C MININT GB and annother one of GB My DD is GB in total I also used an Ultimate Boot CD to do a partition check and other utilities nothing would work I always find only the same two partitions How can I do to recover my usual Windows partition just to get my data back Did the recovery tool just erase it That would be incredible Of course when calling Packard Bell s hotline they tell me they cannot help me because they donc give support for PC s years and older Any help would be very appreciated Thanks Florian nbsp

A:Serious problem with my Packard Bell - data lost after running recovery tool ?

Hey there, Welcome to Tech Guy forums.

Personally I think the best way forward with this problem is to remove the hard drive out of your computer. If it is IDE (PATA) then you will have to switch the jumpers to make it a slave drive and install it into another working computer and attempt to recover your data off the drive. If it is a SATA drive then you will not have to set the jumpers and should be able to install the drive straight into another computer and be able to access it.

The drive will show up as the 2 partitions that you have mentioned and hopefully your data will be safe in one of those partitions. The other space that isn't accounted for I can only presume has been deleted and made ready to become a partition in which case you may need to use a data recovery program to get he files back or possibly send your hard drive to a professional company to get them to try and recover it for you.

Jack-O-Bytes

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-with-my-packard-bell-data-lost-after-running-recovery-tool.992969/
Relevancy 54.18%

I was trying to install a trial version of windows 8 from here Download Windows 8.1 Enterprise Evaluation I wanted to know would it be possible to make a data partition and boot from it in order to test it out before wanting to buy Also would I be able to run my old programs without having to reinstall them ? Thanks

A:Can i install and boot windows 8 on a data partition

Hello bigboi,

Yes, you sure could dual boot Window 7 and Windows 8 like that if you like. The tutorial below can help show you more details on how to. Dual Boot Installation - Windows 8 and Windows 7 or Vista
In addition, you could also install Windows 8 in a virtual machine if you like instead. VMware Player - Install Windows 8

VirtualBox - Install Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/311247-can-i-install-boot-windows-8-data-partition.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I accidentally installed windows on partition where I had my data. So can I somehow restore those data?

I would really appreciate any help!!!!

A:Restore data from partition Ive installed windows on?

Anyone?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/248485-restore-data-partition-ive-installed-windows.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,

Run PW from boot CD in quick scan but didnt find the Windows Partition.

Run PW in full scan and it did find it but show System(400mb) and Windows partition are overlaping.

Please help.

A:Windows 7 partition lost. Laptop cant boot

Hello and welcome didi irst up -

SYSTEM SPECS

mate can we have some system specs please as what you have postedgives us not that much to work with and given there are so many manufacturersof components and configurations that do influence what goes on within anygiven machine and OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html
and please take a look at this Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382680-windows-7-partition-lost-laptop-cant-boot.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello I am having a very very critical problem I have a web server with a company It is a windows server with a GB Hard Disk Recently the hard disk became full due to a large amount of database and the server failed to reboot So the hosting company added a new GB Hard disk as a primary partition and made the old hard disk as a secondary partition Windows Server: 2000 data lost I got a mail from the technical support guy that he is trying to change the MBR on old drive I don t know why he did so Well after that now when Windows 2000 Server: lost data i try to browse throough my files on my old hard drive which is drive e DRIVE D IS A PARTITION OF JUST MB i cannot find any of my old data and it just shows the files of windows installation folders sql folder php my admin When i try to open the old folders containing data in mysql folder the error message comes quot Folder not accessible This folder was moved or removed quot When i select all the files on the partition using ctrl a including hidden folders the total data size is just GB whereas the hard disk properties shows that out of GB GB is full So i assume that data is there but it is not accessible and the hosting company guys seems not to know anything as they are not able to help me at Windows 2000 Server: lost data all Can somebody please help me as this is the most critical situation for me ever nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-server-lost-data.352964/
Relevancy 53.75%

So basically, I upgraded to windows 10, and I found that a lot of my documents and photos were gone! But I luckily found them under this pc > local disk (c) > users > public so I decided to move those files to "this pc". But the next day, those files were gone again, and I hoped to retrieve them by restoring windows 7 back to my computer, but unfortunately, that did not help. Do you guys have any idea how to retrieve back my files? Thanks so much!!

A:How do I retrieve lost data after upgrading to windows 10?

Check in drive C > windos.old folder
There's a chance the files are there
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/433635-how-do-i-retrieve-lost-data-after-upgrading-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a desktop PC with a 1000 GB hard drive. The OS is Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have the OS and programs/apps on C: partition of 150 GB and user data on D: partition of 781 GB. I have a system image backup, taken recently when the PC was functioning OK. I backup the user data daily, using File History. If I have a major problem that requires re-installing W10 I can do that with the image backup.
My question is, do I really need to maintain a two partition strategy or have the backup tools of imaging and File History made this redundant?

A:Is it advisable to put user data on a separate Windows 10 partition

Hi and welcome.

There's not really much point in having the backups on the same drive as the drive itself could become faulty.

I put my user folders on a second drive and change the save locations in the settings app. This way if the OS screwed up drive c: you can simply format and reinstall Windows without loosing your personal files.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/64841-advisable-put-user-data-separate-windows-10-partition.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure...

I have a PC and it has 2 hard drives in it. The master drive died a month or two ago. I want to know if it is possible to add a partition to the slave drive and install windows XP on that partition without losing the data on the rest of the hard drive. Please let me know if you need more specs on my machine. It's a pentium III with a 3.0 ghz processor and the slave drive is 160 gb western digital IDE with around 30 gigs free. Thanks!

A:Can I install Windows XP on a partition without losing data on other partitions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-install-windows-xp-on-a-partition-without-losing-data-on-other-partitions.949388/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi:

I was wondering if its possible to make a partition on my hard disk so i can back up my windows xp data on it because i have no windows xp cd and i have an emachines t2682 with a recovery disk...and i really hate to wipe it every time it crashes. Is there a way to create a partition using some kind of partition wizard or something? I would appreciate it if it was free. That would be very helpful.

I'm not having a problem right now, but i would like to do that so i can repair the hard drive and perhaps save everything on my hard disk because i hate to lose my save games, etc.

thanks for replying in advance!
sw123

A:How do i make a seperate partition so i could save my windows data on it?

Have you tried any of the tools in the "download" section here? I don't know how good this one is but partition manager . Hope that helps, good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-make-a-seperate-partition-so-i-could-save-my-windows-data-on-it.46362/
Relevancy 53.75%

ok hope anyone can help me with this, I don't know much about computers but this is what happend.

I formated my hardrive and reinstalled windows xp, a lil older version of it, somehow I managed to delete a partition during the installation and half my hardrive space was gone, I've tried downloading partition magic, hoping to fix it in there but I can't seem to figure out how, anyone got any idea of how to fix this problem?

A:lost 130 gb of space when I deleted a partition while installing windows

I don't think anyone can help you with your problem with figuring out stuff And since Partition Magic is not free software, noone is going to help you download that either.

Now, posting some information about the type and size of your hard drive (as reported by the BIOS at startup) and the way Windows sees the drive (perhaps a screenshot from the Windows Disk Manager) would help us to help you.

Making a wild guess, you have a hard drive that is bigger than 137GB and you installed a Windows version that is older than Windows XP SP1.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-130-gb-of-space-when-i-deleted-a-partition-while-installing-windows.42102/
Relevancy 53.75%

So the other day I decided that I wanted to try dual-booting Ubuntu on my HP Pavilion dv - cl Entertainment Notebook that already had Windows Home Premium bit installed I shrank the main biggest partition by Gigs and then installed Ubuntu on that Gigs of unallocated space All worked fine except when I tried to boot Windows from the grub menu it would come up to the beginning Windows animation and then it would crash So I downloaded a Windows Recovery CD and tried a few of the tools there I did not create a system recover image prior to my lost 7 can How after I Windows partition Ubuntu? installing recover my troubles so I could not recover the easy way After that I tried the How can I recover my lost Windows 7 partition after installing Ubuntu? Startup Repair tool which did not work I read somewhere to try that Startup Repair tool or times which I did The third time it seemed to freeze it was quot working quot for about hours at which point I decided that it was enough and shut down the PC That was a mistake From that point forward I still could not boot into Windows but also every time I tried to boot into Ubuntu I had to perform a disk check which always failed After trying that a few times I had had enough yet again and decided to just reinstall Ubuntu The install seemed to work fine but once I rebooted I could not boot into Ubuntu or Windows No matter what option I select from the grub menu or if I push F to go into recovery partition it gives me an error that says quot Error No such partition quot and dumps me into a grub rescue prompt After releasing multiple bouts of turrets I tried booting from my Ubuntu LiveUSB again same one I installed Ubuntu with twice and ran Gparted to look at my partitions It only showed me the one Gig partition and said the remaining Gigs were unallocated So now I'm stuck with no bootable operating system on my HD and to top it off HP just sent me their quot official quot recovery disks that are trying to reformat my HD and erase all my data I know there has to be a way to restore my partitions and replace the grub bootloader with the Windows bootloader At this point I don't care about Ubuntu at all All of my data was on the Windows partition which I cannot access from Ubuntu to grab it Someone please help I can provide any information that you need but remember that I can only do so via either BIOS or by booting Ubuntu from the LiveUSB I cannot access Windows I also do not have a Windows install disk as this was a refurbished HP laptop that I bought from Costco -Rob Pennington

A:How can I recover my lost Windows 7 partition after installing Ubuntu?

Try TestDisk Download - CGSecurity (free) and see if it can find and recover your lost partition.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/165348-how-can-i-recover-my-lost-windows-7-partition-after-installing-ubuntu.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I was trying to restore my Toshiba Sattelite L645-S4056 to factory default and reinstall windows 7 by inbuilt recovery system. While i was formatting the computer swtiched off itself. Then i couldnot access inbuilt recovery during booting. The computer wont boot with any windwos cd. It said something like "Cannot boot.Enter a bootable disc". I then installed a linux distero by booting with a USB device.The linux system works fine but i need windows 7. It shows that my hardisk is totally empty. There is no reserved part previously occupied by recovery system.I didn't get a recovery disc with my laptop. Any other dvd wont boot. How can i install back my Windows 7 ?? What is wrong with the system ?? Is there any way to get windows 7 back ?? Please Help ASAP...
Thank You in advance

A:Windows 7 wont boot. I lost recovery partition.

You need to access the system bios and tell it to boot from cd under boot options.
Some laptops also have a 'boot menu' feature that can be accessed by pressing a key.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/230500-windows-7-wont-boot-i-lost-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I had a problem with IE it would not connect giving me can t connect to the Internet Also denied Access Reapir/lost help Windows XP data/sp2 Windows automatic update is not working However I manually downloaded windows updates and WMP Yesterday I decide to use Windows Windows XP Reapir/lost data/sp2 Access denied help Repair with my Windows xp cd During repair there was error messages Com amp setup Error Sub-component Com raised an exception while processing the OC complete installation setup message D int com x src complussetup comsetup setuptil cpp line Error code x f The specified Procedure could not be found Failed to load library C windows system catsrv dll Windows Update An error occur loading quot C windows system inetcomm dll quot The file may not have been installed or it has been corrupted quot C programfiles outlook express msoe dll quot quot c programfiles commonfiles system wab dll quot Pctel hsp modem v configuration IOCTRL failed pv tray will be closed After repair process was over somehow it managed to delete all the past windows update and installed wmp and sp was deleted IE still not working giving me an error message saying quot Iexpore exe-entry point not found The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI dll quot Since Sp is delete most of windows application is not working Office failed to launch saying there was problem an intalizaling I downloaded Sp and tried to installed it but during the halfway installation I received an error message saying quot Access is denied quot I followed the MS advice to resolving a problem but I am comfortable messing with registry I was able to follow step verifying there is a failure to update registry However in step I am not sure whether I enabled verbose logging http support microsoft com kb I was able to follows step - but I don t know about step - Registry List Default-Reg sz cmlib-Reg Dword cmLock- quot IEngine quot MasterInstaller- quot Register dll-Dword Registration- quot setupEngine- quot SetupError SetupMSI- quot OOOOFFFF I ran sp again with same error I tried to located the specific registry key Step http support microsoft com kb I don t understand the result and don t know what to do - Deleting registry key HKCR vnd ms radio E Error Access is denied E Parsing DelReg section Product Del Reg in quot c fe ca a f ad i update update inf quot failed Error Access is denied - Command line processed C WINDOWS NtServicePackUninstall spuninst spuninst exe -u -z E An unsigned or incorrectly signed file quot c windows ntservicepackuninstall spuninst spuninst inf quot will be installed Policy Ignore Error Element not found E Writing quot C WINDOWS inf accessor inf quot to quot C WINDOWS INF quot is not an approved method of installing INF files Use a CopyINF entry instead E Writing quot C WINDOWS inf acpi inf quot to quot C WINDOWS INF quot is not an approved method of installing INF files Use a CopyINF entry instead E Writing quot C WINDOWS inf atiradn inf quot to quot C WINDOWS INF quot is not an approved method of installing INF files Use a CopyINF entry instead I can t follow last step and have no idea where is the quot c fe ca a f ad i update update inf quot is located I had no idea running repair can cause so much pain Hope to hear from you soon Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-reapir-lost-data-sp2-access-denied-help.613847/
Relevancy 53.32%

Recenlty when looking for a file on my WD 500GB external drive (FAT32) what looks like half of the folders have lost the folder icon, and appear to be 32kb unusable files.

The two main folders which will hurt are my iTunes library and paid for downloads and a back up of a web site I maintain.

I have no idea what has caused this, and any help would be greatly welcomed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-lost-folders-data-on-external-drive.998978/
Relevancy 53.32%

Howdy.

PROBLEM
I have user & desktop folders on two partitions (i.e. two separate sets of each). I want to change the default desktop and also the default partition selected when I save a file.

BACKGROUND
My ACER came with the disk divided into C: and D:, labeled as Acer and Data, respectively. All my programs and boot are in C; I want all my data in D: I want the desktop that appears when I boot up to default to the desktop in D and for the computer to default to D when I save files. (Currently the computer defaults to the desktop and save path in C.) I want the boot, OS, and apps to remain in C (unless someone advises differently). Disk Manager gives the following info:

C:Simple, basic, NTFS, healthy (system, boot, page file, active, crash dump, primary partition)
D: Simple, basic NTFS, healthy (primary partition)

SYSTEM
Vista Basic Home, 32-bit.

Thank you!

A:How make data partition default for desktop and filing data?

richc46 has just replied:

I think that this should help you saving to a default location
User Folders - Change Default Location - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18629-user-folders-change-default-location.html)
Works equally well with Vista

Thank you, RichC46.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284808-how-make-data-partition-default-desktop-filing-data.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
I have to install Windows 10 Pro in a bootable hard drive of about 1Tb (model WD10EARS), formatted like this: first an 850Gb NTFS partition with data, and then 150Gb of unallocated space. Currently no operating system is installed on the disk. My aim is to install the copy of Windows 10 in the unallocated space, keeping untouched the partition with the data; is it possible?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/54408-clean-install-windows-10-keeping-intact-partition-data.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I currently have a disc copy of windows 7 and I am currently running it as my main OS as well. I was wondering just in case my computer decides to have a few issues is there anyway I can make a data partition to store windows 7 or put it on a flash drive so that in the incident of a hardware failure I would be able to go into my bios and boot the recovery partition or boot it from a flash drive allowing me to reinstall the OS.

A:How can I make a bootable flash drive and data partition for windows 7

What do you mean "disc copy"? Do you mean you have Windows 7 install DVD or ...? If you mean you have only the Windows 7 that came with the computer, on the hard drive, then you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River.

Make sure you get the same version you have, Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate and 32 or 64 bit. Note that Basic or Starter is not available.

I recommend using ImgBurn at 4X speed (or the slowest available) to create the DVD from the downloaded .iso file.

You can do this on any computer capable of burning a DVD.

For techies or folks who work on computers: Create Windows 7 Universal ISO With All Editions Selection On Install with ei.cfg Removal Utility.
This will fit on a 6GB flash drive or can be burned to a DVD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273445-how-can-i-make-bootable-flash-drive-data-partition-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello

I really appreciate if you can provide me with the Windows License for My Laptop since the windows Recovery Partition was Formatted by Mistake

here is the laptop specs

Satellite L850-B757
Part Number : PSKG8V-05M002AR
thanks for your support

Anas Shamasneh

A:Lost Windows Recovery Partition - Satellite L850-B757

Essential recovery medium can be ordered here:
http://backupmedia.toshiba.eu/

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?83730-Lost-Windows-Recovery-Partition-Satellite-L850-B757
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Folks I have contrived to partition active without partition? removing to change data from How get two active partitions on my PC After a week old hard drive D amp F - died I replaced now F amp G it with an old drive that had previously been configured with XP and as a boot drive I don t think it is acting as boot as drive C has an active partition and boot and largely the computer runs fine with the exception of G not being search index able And there being a phantom path in the backup which I can t reset So the question How do I remove the active setting on G it holds all the variable windows data and will it lose all the data Im at that point where a little knowledge is dangerous and have seen some genius replies so thought I would ask and see if you could help me out See attached screen shot NB The old drive partitions were formatted before being repopulated

A:How to change active partition without removing data from partition?

Hello and welcome to the forums MarkRocketman!

You can easily change the active/inactive flag on a partition easily by following these steps:-

Removing the Active Flag from a Partition
(on a drive that's not currenly being used as a boot drive)

First, open an elevated command prompt in Windows:-

1. Click Start Orb
2. In search box, type cmd
3. Right-click on cmd.exe, and choose 'Run as Administrator'

In the elevated command prompt type in the following commands:-

Diskpart
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK n (where n is the number of the HDD in question)
LIST PARTITION
SELECT PARTITION n (where n is the number of the Partition that holds G)
INACTIVE
Hope that helps!

EDIT:- As a supplementary addition here's how change it back to active:-

LIST PARTITION
SELECT PARTITION n (where n is the number of the Partition you want to activate)
ACTIVE
Exit (to exit Diskpart)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238800-how-change-active-partition-without-removing-data-partition.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello I was really hoping somebody could help us It's a bit of a strange situation we're in but I'll try to keep the facts as concise as possible Computer running Windows Ultimate x TB Hard Drive Yesterday my boyfriend discovered an 'extra' partition on his computer He'd never seen it before and was very much enthused at having the extra space to store files etc but sadly didn't question what how or why this showed up randomly Skip to today he went to Partition - Accidentally on Put Data System Mystery Partition?? access some of the files he put on the mystery drive but discovered the whole thing wasn't there anymore Cue a lot of swearing trying to figure out what happened We've collectively been trying to find out what might have happened for the entire day and haven't got too far The only idea I've struck upon is that maybe for some reason the System Reserved partition became visible and or active for a short period of time - eg enough time for him to start loading files into that area but then hidden itself again Is this even a possible or plausible idea If this is the case how the heck do we get the partition to show up again and access the 'lost' data the partition obviously isn't showing up anymore and for the life of us we can't Mystery Partition - Accidentally Put Data on System Partition?? get it to show up using partition recovery tools either gt lt Sorry for sounding totally 'noobish' - any thoughts suggestions or ideas would be really great BitBat

A:Mystery Partition - Accidentally Put Data on System Partition??

Post a screenshot of the disk management Windows, using built in Snipping Tool.

How to Post a Screenshot in Seven Forums - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/111984-mystery-partition-accidentally-put-data-system-partition.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I recently cloned my HDD to a new SSD and that seemed to go okay The original HHD had partitions named Miscellaneous and Miscellaneous I honestly do not know where Deleting a partition an partition with deletes data. also empty those partitions came from Deleting an empty partition also deletes a partition with data. I guess I could have created them some years ago but I just do not remember As you would expect after the cloning I had those same partitions on my new SSD When I check partition properties they both show up with about MB used space and Deleting an empty partition also deletes a partition with data. GB of free space I want to clean Deleting an empty partition also deletes a partition with data. up that drive as well as my new drive so I deleted them on the HDD using Disk Management For some reason when I did that it also deleted partitions that had data and pictures in them That was okay since I have that information on the new drive but I would like to get rid of the Miscellaneous partitions on the SSD but am afraid to do so When I run Disk Management it does not show the missing files on the HDD as I would expect and does show them on the SSD again as I would expect I learned about Partition Wizard Mini-tool from this forum I ran the Partition Recovery Wizard and it shows the miscellaneous and data files as lost deleted on the SSD I have attached screen shots that hopefully will help to explain what I am trying to describe Any comments or suggestions about what may have happened and what I need to do will be greatly appreciated Thank you very much

A:Deleting an empty partition also deletes a partition with data.

One other thing I forgot to mention in my original post is I tried to run the Partition Recovery Wizard and it always tells me that at least one partition will be deleted. I don't understand that and it scared me away.

This is my first post here. Why do all the other post thread titles appear in bold and mine does not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/345670-deleting-empty-partition-also-deletes-partition-data.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone I recently got in to some trouble using my good old computer running Windows XP When i installed it i primary boot wrong Lost :( partition partition and decided to make two partition out of my HDD one larger for programs documents and such and one smaller intended only for the OS The idea was that should i for some reason need to reformat and reinstall XP i would not lose valuable documents and photos doing so Well my computer had been quite slow for a while the symptom being that processor was very often working Lost partition and wrong primary boot partition :( at or close to After trying a couple of things i realized that my partition intended for the OS Lost partition and wrong primary boot partition :( was a little small and that removing anything not needed i only had MB or so of free space I then came across programs such as Paragon Partition and Easeus Partition Master Unfortunately both attempts ended in a computer freeze and the computer Lost partition and wrong primary boot partition :( at least in windows losing my larger partition C was no longer to be found causing for instance all my programs to be unable to start since they were installed on C I then used a program called Testdisk to try to get hold of my original partition and remove and corrupt duplicate ones This is where things got messy I believe that i somehow managed to change the primary boot partition causing a readdisk error What was originally a search for some extra partition size has now made me unable to use the computer at all I have so far tried some different things I have started with the XP CD in only to realize that my former d drive the one with the OS on is now labelled C and my former C is now labelled H Having tried to fix it by reinstalled windows on both the new C and the new H without any apparent effect i made my way into the recovery console In the recovery console i have logged into H tried bootcfg rebuild bootcfg default bootcfg add bootcfg list Which only found one of the latest added installations on the new H fixboot fixmbr chkdsk ntldir copy c netdetect com copy c Neither one of these actions has produced any effect and i'm stuck One thing i have left in my mind to try is making a Boot diskette never thouht i would use the floppy again booting of it to reach a palce where i can run fdisk in an effort to change the active partition I have limited computer knowledge and desperately need some help to rectify the situation Thx in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-partition-and-wrong-primary-boot-partition-456823.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to extend a partition since on an old Windows drive which was upgraded to a new drive. On the old drive, there was 50GB unused on another partition. I deleted the 50GB and then tried to extend the main primary partition. I found out that it deleted a user directory under that drive. Is there any way to recover it? I am surprised that it did this since in Linux on a LVM this is a pretty safe procedure.

I also tried OO Unerase and it didn't even show the directory.

Thanks

A:Extended partition and lost files on primary partition

Could you please Provide a screenshot of your Drive Map

See Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums For More Information

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/164533-extended-partition-lost-files-primary-partition.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Yesterday an automatic upgrade was performed on my laptop without advanced warning. Outlook expressed disappeared along with my emails. Is it possible to recover the missing files.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442998-lost-outlook-express-data-after-windows-10-automatic-upgrade.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have had an Ubuntu/XP system for a while now, but yesterday it started bluescreening just after the windows logo on every attempt to boot. Also, while I can boot into Ubuntu fine, I cannot access the data partition which is pretty scary! I havent backed up in a good few weeks.

I dont have a recovery disk to run chkdsk from, what can I do?

Thank you for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dual-boot-ubuntu-xp-windows-not-booting-cant-access-data-partition.641502/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everybody,

I just started my computer this morning and windows vista ultimate is not loading at all. not even in safe mode. i tried windows repair and it is unable to fix anything. I have 2 partitions C and D. C drive had windows but now it has no data in it. Space is 100% free. But all my data in D drive is intact. how is that possible. While trying to repair using windows vista dvd, it cannot detect any OS on my computer.

Please help.

Thank you.

A:Windows not working; partition 1 of 2 ,containing windows, has no data

Hello & Welcome, juventino.

I'd just suggest re-installing your OS. It sounds like maybe a harddrive issue, so I'd get that checked out later on.

What did you do before you got off the computer last night (or whenever you were last on it) ?

Regards,
Undocked Windy

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-not-working-partition-1-of-2-containing-windows-has-no-data-399040.html
Relevancy 52.03%

hello
hope u r well and thx for yr help
i have a problem plz help if u can
i had formatted c: fat32 partition during reinstalling windows xp with ntfs .
after that i discovered that i lost my files which it was in my old windows desktop ,
is there are any way to restore my files?
thx in advance
God bless

A:lost my data after reinstalling windows xp after formatting fat32 partation with ntfs

Format=Erase. If you just wanted to convert the file system to NTFS you could have done that without loss of data http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307881. but since you Formatted (Erased) the disk, you have lost your data. If you have not installed any programs or software yet, then you can try a recovery software, but it probably has overwritten the data when you formatted and installed Windows.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-my-data-after-reinstalling-windows-xp-after-formatting-fat32-partation-with-ntfs-424714.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I just lost a partition. It changed, something happened I cannot access my hard drive now.

I have used R-Studio data recovery in past and it has worked well for me. I was just wondering what other people out there think is the best data recovery software for a lost or changed partition?

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-data-recovery-partition-for-a-partition-loss.784748/
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been thinking about this. With the advent of so many backup software products as well as the built-in System Image/Backup in Win7, do we really need to go through all the trouble to have separate partitions for OS and data?

Sure, if you have a 100's of gigabytes of music or video or pictures, then it might make sense to move that off the OS partition otherwise your OS image will take forever (and the associated disk storage).

Look at it this way. If you have a ton of data, dragging 25G of OS stuff along with that data backup/image is no biggie.

A:are the days of separating OS partition and data partition over?

I don't see a reason or a point to "not" being past this. Why would you want your data mixed in with your OS...especially now when you can quickly redirect Libraries?

You don't need to go through any trouble to separate them. In fact, in the event of a reimage or reinstall, all you have to do is disconnect your data drive.

Why have that data included in your image, when it makes much more practical sense to have it backed up separate? I take a clean image when I reinstall, and then that's it for imaging. Afterwards, only my data is backed up. I can do a complete clean install from scratch in under 2 hours...it's my data that's important.

You can also look at it in terms of malware. If the C drive is infected, my data is separate. That's less chance of my data becoming infected, and much easy to reinstall/reimage/recover/ etc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207335-days-separating-os-partition-data-partition-over.html
Relevancy 51.6%

SO... is this possible. I don't have a spare HD so I'm going to try to partition my drive so I can install another OS on it. Can I do this without losing the data I already have?

A:Is it possible to partition a drive with data allready on it and keep the data?

Yes it is possible with many partioning software ie, partition magic personally i use a freeware version called partition logic. All you do is resize the current partition and create a second but dont forget to backup.

Evert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-partition-a-drive-with-data-allready-on-it-and-keep-the-data.674380/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Don't know of any freeware ...
But I know someone who has recovered all of his data from a formatted drive using ..
http://www.runtime.org/

I know he tried some others ... but this one worked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594609/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 51.6%

pete

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 49.88%

Well, i made my new partition using Partition Magic 8 with the "make new partition for operating system" and now i cannot see my previous partition with all my stuff on it. I looked around on the net for ways of browsing or even getting to my old partition, but im not finding much... I've read that partition magic makes the other partition inactive so now i am lost at what i need to do to get to the old partition, Any informationg would be greatly appreciated

A:Partition Magic: The Lost Partition

You need to enable boot magic which comes with partition magic, or go into boot magic tools and you'll have an option to reboot into the other partition making that the active one.
Enabling boot magic in the first place gives you the option of picking which one you want on booting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-magic-the-lost-partition.203906/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Hope someone can help me Something happened to my hard drive and it ran checkdisk but I guess could not repair it it says there is not enough space to repair it There was about gb free on the drive it was a gb drive The drive is NFTS It is not my boot drive just one of my gb data drives music actually When I ran FileScavenger on the drive all the files are there and when I recovered some to another drive they were fine There are files on it I could transfer all the files off the drive but that would be a lot of work take a lot of time and I would have to buy another drive to put them on So the data is there and - in back? drive access Windows data to hard access get on to Lost how intact just for some reason it cannot be quot seen quot I assume this is file structure table thing issue pardon my Lost access to data on hard drive in Windows - how to get access back? technical jargon MBR FAT not sure exactly Is there a way to rebuild it so that the data can be seen again or do I have to do the transfer dance Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Lost access to data on hard drive in Windows - how to get access back?

You will probably have to do the "transfer" dance, and reformat the drive. Chances are good that the drive is ok. The Master Boot Record (MBR) may be corrupted. There are utilities out there that can repair the MBR without destroying data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-access-to-data-on-hard-drive-in-windows-how-to-get-access-back.111953/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All I run a small computer repair business on the side and partition Help plus OS Data partition have been exploring my options in smarter tech I really do alot of format reinstalls often and really want to start making images of the these computers hdds every-time I do this so the next time OS partition plus Data partition Help the customer comes along I can just back up there data and image the hard drive I currently just install right over the hdd but I want to start creating partitions out these drives I usually do the format reinstalls on one partitions - GB for the OS programs and the rest of the drive for data Then use clonezilla to make an image of the OS partition By partitioning the drives it will be easier to store such a small image Thing is I m not to familiar with redirecting windows my documents folders to another partition Also how should I go about this just create two ntfs partitions span the drive idk please tell me what you guys gals would do or are already doing thanks Buff r nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have upgraded to Windows and created a separate data partition But this is new for me Q Is use of a to Data How partition: use data partition simply a matter of moving your user Libraries to the D data drive and saving new docs stuff there when they are created The following article talks about moving appdata's Roaming folder over too - Anything askew about this advice or missing - Any additional tips cautions or recommendations There Data partition: How to use is not a lot of clear guidance on this that I have been able to find quote Move Your Data to a Safer Separate Partition in Windows by Cedric Crawley After transfer of your standard user Library folders to the Data Partition AppData is a lot trickier than your other data folders Windows doesn't want you to move it and it contains files that you really shouldn't move But it contains other files that should be on the data partition Open AppData right-click the Roaming folder and select Properties Click the Location tab and do as explained earlier Then reboot unquote Move Your Data to a Safer Separate Partition in Windows PCWorld

A:Data partition: How to use

I would move your User folders to the data partition using User Folders - Change Default Location.

The only issue is that Win7 backup imaging will then deem the data partition a System partition and force it to be included in backup image. You can resolve this by using another imaging app to only choose C for backup, or as you imply copy the User folders to data partition, rightclick each to add to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums

I would not move AppData as I've seen no benefit to doing so. It would however be moved if you instead chose to move User Profile - Change Default Location

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/304586-data-partition-how-use.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using windows XP

I have 3 Partitions on one drive

C: FAT32 (Windows XP)
D: FAT32 (WinME)
E: NTFS (ALL MY DATA)

I installed Win XP long ago in NTFS and everything worked fine but I wanted to install a WIN9X windows because of some problems with compability(long story...)

And then I formated C: and D: to FAT32 I reinstalled WINXP on C: and Win ME on D:

But I forgot that Win9x couldnt see NTFS drives so my data couldnt be read... So then i decided to go back to winXP but when i booted from C: My E: was marked "UNFORMATED"

IS MY DATA GONE?? OR IS THERE A WAY TO RECOVER FROM SUCH A DISASTER?

PLEASE HELP!

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

My laptop has a 160 GB and I have been using it for almost a year. It had a disk "C" only. In "C", I saved all the data, system files, ect.

Now I want to create a data partition where I can save all my data to and use "C" for system files only. So, I created another partition using Disk Management, and my laptop now has:

(C)
(G) ---> new partition

How can I make a "G" become data partition ONLY? and how can I make a "C" become system partition only?

Sum up, i just want to make a partition for DATA only and another partition for system only, where my data partition can be secure and when I reboot the laptop, I won't lost any data..
Thank you

A:Need Help! Data Partition

Hello Hoanghuy, welcome to Vista Forums!

If you created the partition using disk management in Vista and it's a primary partition, you will have no problems with it; I don't store anything on C: (i.e. pics, music) and I've never had any issues at all, you won't lose data when you boot.
Have a look at the tutorial at the link below to see an easy way to move stuff to the other/new partition, I've been using it for quite some time..

How to Add COPY TO FOLDER and MOVE TO FOLDER to the Context Menu in Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280525-need-help-data-partition.html
Relevancy 46.01%

ok
for those who are away, the problems installing my new hardware and then windows - it is now over. it is all working perfectly fine and better than ever

i have another HDD... my old one

it was partitioned... is there any way of getting my data back? i've tried a few recovery programs, but it doesnt look good...

is it all just gone?

A:Partition - is all my data gone?

anyone know?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/partition-is-all-my-data-gone.415151/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello, All

I had installed win 7 in my system. After installation, I have found that one of my partition is missing. I checked in disk management, there it was found that the space is unpartitioned disk. How can i recover the data in that also, can i retrieve the drive. Pls help there is lot of imp data in it.

Thanking you.

A:Lost partition

Hi,

1. Can you post a map of your disk and give short info on partition contents.
2. What OS was running before? Did you instal Win 7 over it?
3. Have you done any formating before/after install of Win 7?
4. Any partition resizing ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/141603-lost-partition.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently remounted my hard drive due to accomodating a new videocard. (card was longer and moved into the drive bay area). When i started up again, the drive lost my original boot partition. The drive reads 931GB (1TB hd) with only 49GB free (the same amount i had free before the partition was lost). Signifiying that the partition swollowed up the original boot partition. What should I do?

A:lost partition

Hi snoboardp, Welcome to the forums you could try using Partition magic to see if you can recover the lost partition Free Download Magic Partition Manager Software - Partition Wizard Online

or try this MBR - Restore Windows 7 Master Boot Record

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171581-lost-partition.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I was using Paragon Partition manager to resize my partitions. All went well, rebooted, everything worked, all my files were still there. Removed my Acronis True Image back up partition. Rebooted, and get the following error

Acronis Loader Fatal Error: Boot Drive (partition_ not found

Press <enter. to try bot your os

Ok so that boots me into windows, but all my files from D drive have gone, about 20gb of files most backed up, but some aren't.

I used Bart's PE to have a look, and D drive is showing as unformated, so I didn't let it format.

Does anyone know what has happened and how, if possible I can recover these files, or will I just have to use a file recovery program

am running XP Home with sp2

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-partition-73077.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all
I run Windows XP home, my PC has 160GB disk.
I loaded Linux on my PC and gave it a partition of 60GB.
I have since deleted Linux and want to give back that space to Windows.
However, my PC seems not to recognise the 60gb partition - it is as if it does not exist.
How can I get it back pse?

EAM

You need to format it back to NTFS (or FAT32 if that's how it was).-Right-click My Computer - Manage.-select Disk Management on the left side.-Your whole HDD should be listed as Drive 0, showing all the partitions.-select the old Linux partition-ACTION - ALL TASKS - FORMATAlso Note: if your system is still booting up and asking what you want to log into (ie. Windows or Linux), you will have to boot into the Recovery Console and run the command:"fixmbr"To get into the Recovery Console: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307654#3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/15694/lost-partition/
Relevancy 46.01%

Please Help - tearing out my hair here Have recently got a new PC Lenovo desktop with i Core processor complete with Windows and the only thing I've added to the machine is my nd SATA HDD which acted as a media storage drive in my old PC and was to do the same in this It took me a while to get Windows to recognise the drive but in the end it did and I was able to read write to is as expected I then had some fairly catastrophic problems with the PC following a failed Windows update install which resulted in repeated crashed boot attempts and system restores but eventually came back - however this time the second HDD is not showing in Explorer It was showing in 2nd HDD partition lost the disk management tool but did not have any available options all greyed out so I couldn't assign it a volume - then it disappeared from here and in the end I powered down disconnected the power and SATA cables and did a boot boot down cycle before reconnecting and rebooting - now it shows in the lower section of the 2nd HDD lost partition disk management tool but I don't know how or if a partition can be restored from here to retrieve the data - any ideas Has this seemingly jinxed PC eaten all of my media files

A:2nd HDD lost partition

In your place, I would connect that HDD to some other computer and from there, using a tool like Easus Data Recovery Wizard, backup all the important files from it. After that, kill the whole partition, erase it and make a new one properly formatted. That would be safest method. Trying further like this could just corrupt it's data or write over and then it might be impossible to get anything back.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/30770-2nd-hdd-lost-partition.html
Relevancy 46.01%

this must have happened to others so i m sure the answer is to be found here i tried to merge my partitions with Partition Magic and it of course f ed everything up now the second partition that was supposed to merge into my primary part is gone nil poof i m not an expert with this though i imagine it s something to do with the MBR or the Partition table getting completely f ed all that though i need my data back the problem here is that though Lost My Partition i i can recover most of my data the ONE folder with like GB of stuff i Lost My Partition that is most important has completely lost its structure although all the rest are fine and easy to recover with something like Active Partition Recovery or RStudio or one of these softwares i imagine there is a way to just recover the whole partition as in to tell Windows to see the partition on my harddrive once again no gentlepeople i need some serious advice here nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have an HP m8120 with a 650GB SATA drive. Out of the box, the BIOS was set to RAID (Raid0) and the disk was partitioned into 2 325GB C: and D: drives. I was hit by a virus which wiped out the D: drive, and corrupted the C: drive. I booted up Paragon Partition CD which identified only the C: partition of 325GB, which I was able to format and reinstall OS etc. I also had to change the BIOS to ACHI. Is there any way to get back the other 325GB previously dedicated to D:?

A:Lost Partition

No.

RAID 0 offers ZERO protection... its a dangerous way to use a computer. A failure of one drive or even an error will destroy a RAID 0 array. RAID 1, a failed HD will not effect a good drive. But a virus will still corrupt data on both RAID 1 drives.

Hence, RAID is not so much a backup. A backup drive is what will save you. You can buy them cheap for about $120~150 (1 TB).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-partition.1047860/
Relevancy 46.01%

Lectori Salutem I never thought I d end up posting here but hey you never know I recovered my computer from a viral infection recently Now lost partition the entire system is up and running There s just a small problem I lost partition ve got two hd s one of gigs and one of gigs The gig drive is my program s disk the my music disk The gig disk is alive the disk is not By not alive I mean no partition present When I scan with lost partition Active undelete I get all the files that were on the disk Just one problem I ve got about gigs of data ready to be recovered but I only have gigs of free space to harbour it Now since the entire filetable entries have survived I though there might be a way to make my pc realize that there is actually a partition on the lost partition disk That would be the perfect solution for this problem I guess Let me know if you have any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi guys I m new here but I m hoping someone out Lost Help! - Partition there can help me I m not exactly the worlds best on computers Lost Partition - Help! but i certainly have a good go if Lost Partition - Help! you know what i mean but here s my problem My computer has been running fine no sign of any problems until suddenly one day it doesn t boot very very brief blue screen error on boot sequence not on for long enough for me to read any of the message I put the HDD in a friends computer amp it says that the partition which had my O S on needs formatting which i didn t do There is some stuff on it which would be useful to me to get back so i re-installed XP on another partition on a different HDD which was empty so i m up and running with no great problems there However i ve now seen it as a challenge to get anything off the drive if at all possible I get the feeling from reading around that it may have something to do with the partition table and or MBR I downloaded a Lost Partition - Help! trial version of EaseUS DataRecoveryWizard which actually did find all the data on the problem partition but requires me to buy the software to do anything more Price seems a little high for you average user not like its for a my business or anything All i really want to know is does anyone have any suggestions for anything for me to try Thanks Mark Computer Specs XP Pro MSI K N Delta motherboard XP CPU Gb RAM Nvidia GT Graphics Card Gb Maxtor HDD with the problem partition WD HDD etc etc

A:Lost Partition - Help!

TestDisk FreewareTestDiskTool to check and undelete partitionWorks with the following partitions:- BeFS ( BeOS )- BSD disklabel ( FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD )- CramFS (Compressed File System)- DOS/Windows FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32- HFS, Hierarchical File System- JFS, IBM's Journaled File System- Linux Ext2 and Ext3- Linux Raid- Linux Swap (versions 1 and 2)- LVM and LVM2, Linux Logical Volume Manager- Netware NSS- NTFS ( Windows NT/2K/XP/2003 )- ReiserFS 3.5 and 3.6- UFS (Sun/BSD/...)- XFS, SGI's Journaled File System

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/42391/lost-partition-help/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I m currently LOST PARTITION a new member here and I really really really need helps Sorry for my English I don t know if anyone ever encounter the same problem as mine One of my customer sent me a TB hard drive which only had partition only GB free left and asked me to split the partition into OS amp Data which I don t really have any problem with it I used Mini Partition Wizard which I don t really had any problem so far for the past LOST PARTITION years using it So here s the thing The customer had around GB of very important data so I thought of splitting the partition to GB OS LOST PARTITION and the leftover for secondary partition Data I manage to create the partition as I resize and extend the partition using Mini Partition Wizard it takes me days I don t have other free hard drive to backup the data so I used the MPW instead And when I manage to move all the data to secondary partition the size around GB after resize and extend the first partition with OS files left me with around GB including OS system files Now here come the problem The customer had a problem with the OS corrupted so he ask me to reinstall Windows into the GB partition I m pretty sure at this moment I currently had both partitions So I m using windows tool to format the GB partition I m FULLY AWARE that I don t pick any wrong option to do this and selected the correct partition After the format here what I got I lost the other secondary partition the GB partition Nowhere to be found As you can see I had hard drives connected to my PC The red square is my GB the yellow square is my TB and the blue square is the the problem hard drive the TB I said it before I split the partition to GB and the leftover to another partition This is my Disk Management windows The G Drive show TB NTFS partition This is the Mini Partition Wizard The blue square TB show unallocated space I use another tools that I m familiar with the TestDisk software But the result show not as what I expected I did change the drive letter in the disk management but still nothing changed Is there anything else I can do to get the partition back with all the data Sorry for the long explanation and my bad english I hope the readers can understand what I meant UPDATE I managed to view the Hidden Partition using EaseUS Data Recovery and the result shows the exact same size and partition name which I lost before The software currently scanning and try to recover the partition back I ll update later if this step work nbsp

A:LOST PARTITION

I do not rate your chances very highly

I know it is of no help now but
One of my customer sent me a 1TB hard drive which only had 1 partition (only 100GB free left) and asked me to split the partition into 2 (OS & Data) which I don't really have any problem with it. I used Mini Partition Wizard which I don't really had any problem so far for the past 2 years using it.

So here's the thing. The customer had around 650GB of very important data, so I thought of splitting the partition to 250GB (OS) and the leftover for secondary partition (Data). I manage to create the 2 partition as I resize and extend the partition using Mini Partition Wizard, it takes me 2 days (I don't have other free hard drive to backup the data so I used the MPW instead).

You seem to have a fair degree of knowledge.
I am surprised that you would even think of attempting a re- partitioning of a disk, containing important data, without the means to back-up and indeed check that back-up - before starting the partitioning.

You say you used Mini Partition Wizard, What I cannot yet understand is where you copied the data to BEFORE changing the partitioning
http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/copy-partition-wizard.html
Quote from above link
Step 4: Select a disk and mark the position where the copy will be created, and click ?Next>?. Note: Original data on the destination partition will be overwritten after copy operation.Click to expand...

and although the quote refers to select disk, it may be read as select unallocated space - but not of course on the customers disk as that you say had only 100GB free out of 1TB

OR if you used the MPW copy partition - how did you make sufficient unallocated space to copy 650GB of data that you say the customer had - on a disc that already contained that data to a 650GB unallocated partition, when the disc was only 1TB to start with

If I am missing something in my reasoning of what you have done please accept my apologies

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-partition.1160356/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello Everyone Long time no see I am seeking help with recovering a lost partition if that is possible I have a single disk with two main partitions One contains my OS and the other contains pictures documents and projects I have another disk with games but that disk is operating fine Yesterday my computer froze up while I was working on homework I had to do a hard reboot and when my computer came back online it gave me an error stating there was a problem with he Boot sector I then used a Windows install disk to get to the boot repair options which did not work I then used the Command Prompt to fix the MBR using bootrec exe Partition Lost fixmbr I choose this option because according to a web page i was reading the other options either replaced the boot table or rebuilt it After using the fixmbr my computer booted fine however my other partition that held my important data now reads as Free Space in Windows Disk Manager I tried looking at the partition through Disk Part and a Linux Live operating system I was hoping to use Gparted to look at flags gain other information After a few hours i am at a loss as what to do now Lost Partition My question is Is there anyway i can recover this data Funny thing is i was fine with reinstalling my Windows so long as my quot data quot partition was fine ha ha

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/lost-partition-1164729.html
Relevancy 46.01%

a few days ago my i restarted my laptop because of voice issues anyway when i went to my computer there was a drive missing i restarted again but it did not show up when i checked driver it was changed to
unallocated area it was full of 60 G music ! how can i get that back ?

A:lost partition

Based on my experience at doing this successfully, my suggestions are the following:
1) Download and install the trial version of RecoverMyFiles from Runtime Software in MS Windows.
2) Right-click the RecoverMyFiles shortcut and select "Run as Administrator"
3) Select the option to Recover a Drive
4) You will get a list of drive, scroll down to find the one for your USB stick or memory card
5) Select Automatic Driver recovery, press Start button
6) It will run for a while but when done, will show a directory tree in the left pane. Do NOT interrupt it.
7) When done, browse the folders in the directory tree -- and be SURE to check the filesizes of the files you want to recover. If the filesize is zero, the file is trashed and you will NOT be able to recover it.

If the files look OK, you will need to contact Runtime Software to purchase a license for the recovery. You won't have to reinstall the app; instead, they will email you an activation code which you can use to turn on the recovery feature.

According to their website, the "standard" version of the app is $70 USD. They also have a Pro version for $99 dollars, but if you go to the website below, you can compare the features and (at least for me) the extra cost wasn't worth it:
Purchase Recover My Files data recovery software

Your data ... your money ... your choice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/329885-lost-partition.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I lost my partition through a stupid maneuver on my part. None the less, I've tried a few things such as recreating the MBR via Linux Unbuntu... that made it worse which totally made the partition unrecognizable to windows! I then pruchased a tool from Easus "Data Recovery Wizard". For any of you out there with a similar issue... don't use this product. Their plug-in used with BartPE called for a known spyware .dll file!!! I'm going to get PayPal to pull back my $90 I paid for this "tool".

With that said, does anyone know of a viable tool that will recover my partition FAT32/NTFS and files? It has to be able to do it from a bootable disk/CD being that I obviously can't boot into Windows XP Pro.

Thanks All.

A:Lost Partition

It's #07 time
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=570886

Good name too, I've heard that before somewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-partition.100293/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I'm new here and I have a terrible problem I have a PC with HD of GB and the following partitions ----------------------- windows XP - NTFS lost partition GB Windows - NTFS GB Linux Ubuntu - GB Linux swap - partition lost GB ----------------------- The last OS that I have installed was Windows and each time when I started up my PC I saw GRUB first and after choosing the option to load windows the Windows loader giving me options one for Windows and one for Windows XP I didn't like to see first GRUB and after that the windows loader it was redundant but everything was working well One day I decided to mix the windows and the windows XP partitions deleting the windows XP and resizing windows I tried to do that with the Windows utility included in the control panel but I couldn't it said that I couldn't delete the active partition or something like that It was not possible to delete the partition in which WinXP was stored Then I decided to boot with Ubuntu and use the partitioning tool that comes with it to delete the WinXP partition It was possible to delete the partition and I also putted the option quot bootable quot on the GB Windows partition After that I rebooted and it was not possible to load windows Then I tried changing in GRUB the entry for Windows because I thought if I could put the correct partition to load from it wouldn't be more problems I tried several times but I couldn't load windows so I putted the Windows DVD and I started the installation process waiting to see an option saying that there was already a system in the partition of GB and allowing me to fix the mbr in that partition My surprise was when I choose the partition of GB and the installation process began I was afraid of to lose my data then I decided to reset the computer And now all my GB disk is gone I can't see the partition when I enter with Ubuntu I'm really worried about this because the computer detects the GB partition as empty and I don't know what to do I turned off the computer and now I am using another to write this I have all my files and important information in that partition and It seems it's lost Please help me I hope it's still possible to restore the partition Actually I don't care if I have to install again my operating systems but I NEED my information

A:partition lost

You may be able to recover the data, but not the OS.
What file types are you looking for? If they are recovered, the names will be like 'sector23623422.jpg' and so on..

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/177721-partition-lost.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I replaced my hard drive with one of a bigger capacity The old one I put into an external Lost Partition case There were two partitions on the old drive C Lost Partition and D When connected to the pc externally these became G and H I could see all the folders on both partitions On the G drive was a folder called Users which I couldn t access as it said I wasnt authorised I used a registry entry called TakeOwnership which I have used many times before without problems to access folders which even though I have Administration rights could not access All of a sudden I couldn t access the partition at all I did a quick look around on the net and read somewhere that if I change the drive letter I should be able to access it again Wrong All that did was somehow change the partition from NTFS to RAW The H partition is fine I can access everything I ve tried some simple recovery programs that are free but do not recover a lot and the partition shows up as NTFS There s gb in total nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I have:

c: System where windows is.

f: Installs Just the install and downloads drive

g: Page file

c: was running low on space so i decided to give it some space from f: (plenty). So i went to partition magic 8 and said to the prog that c: needs an additional 600 mb or so. Just to keep XP running properly.

I pressed apply and it resseted. Now it didnt do anything anymore halfway the reboot.

I turned the pc off an on again and got back to windows. WITH F: LOST.

c: remains c:

F: Lost

G: now goes by the name of F: and is called page file

What do i do!!! All programs are lost even partition magic.
PLEASE HELP!!

A:HELP!!! Partition lost!

check your private messages...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-partition-lost.3983/
Relevancy 46.01%

Have a wee problem that im sure is fixable, basically the partition for my archive drive got deleted and now i need to recover the data. does anyone know what the best app is to do this? have done a small amount of reading and there are a few out there. and a few ways to do it

Advice GREATLY appreciated

Quote: Originally Posted by SUPAD4V3

Have a wee problem that im sure is fixable, basically the partition for my archive drive got deleted and now i need to recover the data. does anyone know what the best app is to do this? have done a small amount of reading and there are a few out there. and a few ways to do it

Advice GREATLY appreciated

App called recuva works fairly well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/124782-lost-partition.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi everyone
I have 3 partition C,D,E. How to recover partition ? Please, help me

Are you saying that some of the drives (partitions) are not showing up in Windows explorer? Was there data on the other partitions or were they recently configured? Do the partitions show up in your local disk management?

Control Panel >> Admin Tools >> Computer Management >> Storage >> Local Disk Management.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-partition.800022/
Relevancy 46.01%

I had two partition on my Maxtor 60gb drive. Partition C ( NTFS ) and partition
D ( FAT32 ). I decide to format C. I start format from windows xp cd. When format is complited and windows reinstalled i had only one partition C.
Where is my partition D gone? Please help.

How exactly did you perform the format from the XP CD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-partition.28496/