Windows Support Forum

Can't get past BIOS password

Q: Can't get past BIOS password

I need help I have a dell dimension e520 and I cant get pass the bios pass word. can someone please help me

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't get past BIOS password

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't get past BIOS password

Hi Jessie :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-past-bios-password.183772/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi all. I have a friend who's mother handed him down and old PC. I want to try setting it up with Ubuntu to see how it works. I have formatted the HD. Downloaded the ISO file for the Linux OS. Burned the image to disk, and yes it does work, I tried it on my PC and it is a bootable CD. The problem is that whoever built the PC for his mom created a password to get into the bios.

Is there anything I can do here? I highly doubt that I can get the password. Can I reflash the BIOS maybe? Is there a way I can get the software to boot using a windows startup disk and changing it over to the CD drive and entering some command?

Thanks,
Mike

A:Solved: Getting past BIOS password

You can clear the CMOS through Jumper Settings on the MB.This will set it back to the manufactureres original settings.

You may need the MB Manual or get it from the Internet.Usually JBAT 1 Jumpers.

Also you may try to Power Down your PC,Take out the Power Cable and Remove the MB battery.

Leave for about 15 to 20 Mins and Replace.

Power up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-getting-past-bios-password.507986/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have forgot my BIOS pasword tried 3 times..the code 60778623 apears...what to do?

A:bios password for hp pavilion G4 1303AU bios password

Please try this Password = 75650205RegardsKNRKI work on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/bios-password-for-hp-pavilion-G4-1303AU-bios-password/td-p/4769006
Relevancy 52.03%

I inserted a new battery to my laptop after it had been sitting idle for about 6months. Now when I turn on the computer it is asking for a password.
I don't have a password nor can I find the system recovery disc that came with the laptop (toshiba A105/S4011) when I bought it 2yrs ago.
Is there anything else I can do? Please help. TY

A:Can't Get Past Password

Order a new set of recovery DVDs from Toshiba. I bought similar ones from Hp in 2008; cost ~ $30.

Toshiba Support --> http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...t/jsp/home.jsp

Other than that, we cannot help with password issues due to TSF Rules.

I must now close this thread.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-get-past-password-468376.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm Get Can't Log In Password Past trying to help my neighbor with her laptop which won't allow her to log into Windows Home Edition Premium She has a -bit system running on a Toshiba Satellite C She claims that she had done nothing to her computer such as downloading anything However she said that she left it on all night connected to the internet So I'm thinking that Can't Get Past Log In Password she somehow got a virus or whatever Don't know if that's a real danger or not considering that she has a firewall and antivirus software installed AVG as I remember It boots up normally but when the log-in screen appears and she enters her password it says that the password is incorrect She has used the same password for years now so it's not a matter of simply having forgotten it It seems to have been corrupted either on its own or via a bit of malware I have a Windows -bit system repair disc but I can't get it to boot up because I can't get past the log-in window of course Is there some sequence that I have to follow in order get the System Repair Disk to show up When I place the repair disk in the disc drive and then boot her laptop I can hear the disc drive whirring and clicking but then it stop with no visible results except that amp log-in screen Which reminds me of another question Will a Windows System Repair Disc -bit that was made on my laptop which is an Acer Aspire Z- work on her laptop I have the same version of Windows as her laptop Windows Home Premium She failed to make a repair rescue disc when she first bought her laptop Any help would be greatly appreciated I am trying to help her because she is not real computer savvy but then it's almost like the blind leading the blind because I know only enough to get myself into trouble Usually I can muddle my way through problems but this time seems to be tougher I have tried to boot her laptop up in safe mode which works but then I always come to the same roadblock the log-in window How can you get past it in order to use any kind of password restoring tool if you can't get the laptop to finish booting up in the first place Additionally I have tried to use System Restore while in safe mode but once again the log-in window appears and that ends the whole attempt Catch- All of the answers I've seen on-line include instructions such as quot Go to 'Start' all of which does me no good because I can't get to quot Start quot if I can't log on so I find those instructions useless

A:Can't Get Past Log In Password

Viruses do not install themselves, she has to be entering her password wrong.

We are not obliged to help you with passwords.

If she has a 64 bit system too, the repair disc should work, this is never definite. ( for whatever it is you want to do, not sure )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364159-cant-get-past-log-password.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i left my laptop(w/ windows xp) with my brothers and somehow when i went to use it there was a password on my login. and of course neither of them did it or know anything of how it got there. ive tried the safe mode thing and ctrl + alt + delete twice and just my luck i have an administrator password too. and i dont know it. and i just cant think of any other things to do. so any one please help!!!

A:how to get past password

Hi klbillin
Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Sorry, we cannot assist with forgotten or bypassing passwords.
# Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

Please read the Forum Rules before posting again.

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-past-password.792687/
Relevancy 52.03%

Desktop froze up had to shut down Can't get past bios... now it won t start Windows Many attempts Gateway model GT Can't get past bios... E and sorry don t know if I m posting in the right place and I did search for an existing thread first but didn t find one I thought sounded like it helped answer A couple times the black startup screen with press F to continue and press F for recovery if I remember which is which correctly in lower right corner comes up Pressing either does nothing but take me to a blank screen with a blinking curser Can't get past bios... like in upper left corner which does nothing when pressing enter or other keys Oh after going to blank Can't get past bios... screen there is no computer running sound Occationally bios screens come up A couple times the black quot energy quot with the star screen a few times the blue quot Phoenix quot screen which is up now Exiting either takes me to the blank screen with blinking curser and the keyboard won t work and I sometimes get the freeze up beeping noise when pressing keys Thank you for any help nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone I m new here on this site since I ve heard that alot of people here can help with computer problems so here I go Note I m not that super-computer person so I don t know everything on a computer Recently I got my computer back from a store Can't BIOS? past get and they installed Can't get past BIOS? windows and drivers and everything and it worked fine Then my windows got pretty messed up due to a virus or whatever - I decided to reinstall windows When I did that I put in my ASUS P LD Motherboard support CD to install the drivers for my computer to find out that it didn t work so I had to go into the files and install all the drivers manually - afterwards it worked fine I just got all my windows updates and all and I decided to use the ASUS Update tool that I Can't get past BIOS? got on the CD to update the BIOS via the internet It said that all the servers where busy and that I couldn t update the BIOS O K - I thought We ll just wait Then I opened up the AiBooster software I got with my motherboard and played with it a little Not play but you know see what features it had I pressed the Enable NOS And then suddenly I could see on the meters that my CPU and all others where going crazy - but suddenly down again Then my PC restarted Now I told you about some of the things that might have led to my problem - Then the PC restarted BIOS screen with all the USB devices found Check and all that stuff popped up and now it s freezing I can t get past that screen I don t know what to do so please help me I m sorry I wrote all this but I mighta thought that more information about it - more you could be able to help PC specifications ASUS P LD LGA INTEL P ICH R Intel Core Duo E GHz Tray ECS Geforce GT MB DDR Passive Windows XP SP nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I've locked myself out of my laptop. I Cannot Get To A Full Boot Up To Be Able to Even Do A Forced Stop So I Could Go To SafeMode. Help Please.

A:How can I get past a password boot up.

Quote: Originally Posted by lorawil1

I've locked myself out of my laptop. I Cannot Get To A Full Boot Up To Be Able to Even Do A Forced Stop So I Could Go To SafeMode. Help Please.

Would you be able to upload an image for a better understanding? Are you stuck on the BIOS password?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306385-how-can-i-get-past-password-boot-up.html
Relevancy 51.17%

In the beginning after windows starts and you are at main screen asks for my password. I have put the correct one in numerous times, even changed the password and unlocked my account. Will still not let me past the password and so in turn keeps locking me out. there has to be someway past this? I have tried restarting but it will not let me into safe mode. Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/cant-get-past-password-startup-4605615/
Relevancy 51.17%

hey my wife was given a computer and its password protected but the person she recived it from doesn't remember the password to log on to the computer how do I bypass the password so we can set a new one for my wife or how do we restor the computer back to factory settings we do not have the boot disc the computer has windows xp premium on it

A:how to get past login password

Hello and

Enter safe mode pressing F8 at boot. The Administrator Account should be available. You can use that to change the password on the other account.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539639/how-to-get-past-login-password/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a dell dimension E310 with windows xp. I was removing what I thought was all downloaded class stuff. I removed vision basics.net, framework, sqls, and everything pertainting to the date that I installed vision basics.net. Now when I restart, get a blue screen after signing in. Is there any way to recovery whatever damage I did??
Thanks!

A:can't get past password signin

Maybe, have you tried to boot into the Last Known Good Configuration or Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-get-past-password-signin-358215.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi.. May have a major problem here, but I'll ask for simple stuff first.

I was online using this forum when the computer reset. At the POST screen everything seemed normal until the system seemed to freeze when it says; "verifying DMI pool" or similar!

I've tried countless times to startup the system, but cannot get past the POST screen, so cannot Safe Mode, etc ,etc.

Could I try taking the battery out and leaving it for 30 mins and try again, or could we be looking at a major fault?

System specs are:

Intel Celeron 366Mhz
512MB RAM
On-board graphics and sound
24x CD Rom
3.2G, 20G & 40G HD's
Dual Boot Windows 98SE and Windows XP Home

thx

Relevancy 51.17%

Good afternoon,

This morning after having run my weekly virus scan and such last night my laptop refused to boot past the bios.  All I get is a black screen with a white "_" flashing in the top left corner.  I'm fairly competent with computers however this one is well beyond me.  My Gaming rig is still unfazed so I do have a second healthy computer within arms reach of the sickly one.  I have already attempted running the windows 7 system restore disc, however it was unable to repair the boot issue.  In looking over other topics similar to mine I have already created a xPud bootable USB.  Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Marcus

A:Win 7 x86 Won't boot past Bios

after having run my weekly virus scan and such last night my laptop refused to bootwhat programs did you run and what was deleted (if you noticed)please try a system restore from the recovery environmentEnter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.(if the Recovery environment is not pre-installed, then you will need your installation disc to access RE)To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect system restore > hit nextchoose the restore point from before this occurred > nextthe machine should start the restore, when finished reboot normally,let me know if that helps  If not, please run the following:Download the appropriate version for your system of the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer.As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account and click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc.Restart your computer.If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.Click Repair your computer.Choose your language settings, and then click Next.Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.Select your user account an click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup RepairSystem RestoreWindows Complete PC RestoreWindows Memory Diagnostic ToolCommand PromptSelect Command PromptIn the command window type in notepad and press Enter.The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press EnterNote: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.The tool will start to run.When the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer.Place a check next to List Drivers MD5 as well as the default check marks that are already therePress Scan button.type exit and reboot the computer normallyFRST will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive, please copy and paste the log in your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492638/win-7-x86-wont-boot-past-bios/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys About a year ago I built a PC Exact Spec Antec P Mini Black SECC xeSATA xLine In xLine Out xUSB ATX Asus M A TD-M EVO AMD G AM PCI-E x DDR SATA Gb s RAID uATX VGA W Corsair Professional CMPSU- HXUK won't PC past BIOS boot Modular PSU with PLUS Bronze Certification TB Samsung HD PC won't boot past BIOS SJ Spinpoint F SATA Gb s rpm MB PC won't boot past BIOS Cache ms NCQ OEM AMD Phenom II X Black Edition S AM GHz MB Cache W Retail quot Acer EcoDisplay V HLbmd LED x HD Black Wide DVI VGA CD m ms Sapphire ATI Radeon HD MB GDDR PCI-Express Graphics Card Geil Value GB x GB DDR PC - C MHz Dual Channe Logitech G Mouse Logitech Media Wired Keyboard Noctua NH-U B SE Dual Fan Quiet CPU Cooler Intel and AMD S AM AM AM HTPC Ready LG GH LP x DVD R xDVD DL DVD RW x -RWx xRAM PATA Lightscribe I was browsing around the web this evening doing the normal evening things checking the bank BBC news etc when my mouse and keyboard completely froze wasn t about to do anything on the PC at all I rebooting it but the reset button and now I m stuck on this screen If I keep tapping quickly the TAB button or DELETE button I get to this screen but then it freezes here I ve taken it apart and hoovered all the dust out put it back together still nothing I ve removed the motherboard battery for mins replaced it still nothing Just keeps getting stuck on those two screens - It originally froze when I pulled my keyboard out from its rollers So I thought it must have been that the keyboard is PS Ive unplugged everything just had the power amp graphics in Still nothing working I tried unplugging the HD still the same issue I tried single stick of ram same issue Reclamped the headsink still nothing Reset the CMOS still nothing Any ideas anyone Paid quite alot of money for this PC hope she isnt dead already thank you nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

Sold my Gateway GX to a friend of mine who turned to me for help when his screen s backlight made it impossible to see the screen in any kind of light I was able to barely see the Gateway Splash Screen in total darkness Opened it noticed that a large amount of milk had been spilled over BIOS. past Cant boot or into the keyboard Didnt seem to get through the metal plate under Cant boot into or past BIOS. the keyboard so I Replaced the screen Turned it on screen worked but it was nothing other past the Gateway Splash screen I assumed Cant boot into or past BIOS. it was the MoBo and replaced it instead of performing full diagnostics since the Power Plug was loose and needed replacement or some very precise soldering So I order the same MoBo matching part number from an ebay seller with a good reputation and just finished installing it Installed new MoBo Unfortunately for me the problem persists I have tried to use only stick of RAM at a time trying to eliminate a defective RAM chip I have unplugged the screen and used an external VGA monitor to the same result I even unplugged the keyboard mousepad wifi card and of course the HDD I turn it on and I could only get to splash screen It will not load BIOS boot menu or BIOS settings editor A boot CD seems nearly impossible since its not getting past the POST test Im assuming here I tried to reset CMOS by removing power cord battery and CMOS battery It simply hangs in the splash screen until I shut it down or after about min it seems to overheat and shutdown I have gotten it to run longer min in a cold controlled environment my open fridge on low running hot to prevent condensation but it does not load HDD of CD Btw Yes i have always used thermal paste to I have read other threads similar to mine but all seem to be able to boot into an OS Dont know what else to test new CPU other RAM in the rare case of dual failure Faulty MoBo with the same symptoms as old MoBo Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated Im running out of ideas nbsp

A:Cant boot into or past BIOS.

Bump... Help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-boot-into-or-past-bios.1004396/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi this PC has been giving me alot of problems but i dont want to give up on it Ill start from the beginning and make it quick The PC was laying around and i wanted to use it again so i rebuilt it into a new case and i couldn t get it to load up the BIOS unless i put my RAM card into the second slot it s very weird So when i do use that method it never gets past the BIOS first screen where it says quot Press Del to enter Setup quot i press everything and nothing happens Things to Know -it s a MHZ AMD -The Motherboard is this one k vza ver b -the ram card is Screen Past Cant Get BIOS MB -i have no extra internal or external devices hooked up to this PC just the basics -The heatsink for the chipset fell off so i used thermal goo to put it back on oh i Cant Get Past BIOS Screen forgot to add Cant Get Past BIOS Screen -i tried taking out the battery -reseating the ram and the video card -Please help me thanks in advanced nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-bios-screen.726809/
Relevancy 51.17%

Windows XP
While defragging there was a crash and when booting now, the BIOS screen appears. Exiting the window results in a hang - nothing happens.
Booting from a Windows disk results in the A: prompt. Trying to change drives doesn't work, as the computer does not "see" the hard drive. Any suggestions?

A:Can't get past BIOS When Booting

Use some Data Recover software like GDB to check whether your HDD has got corrupted or not. Usually if theres a crash during Defragigng, the entire disk gets corrupted and unusable in some cases. Was there a power failure or the system just crashed on its own?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-past-bios-when-booting.461981/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all first things first I m new to posting on the forums but I ve been here consistently reading trouble shooting posts here and there Here s my story I m currently building a new beastly gaming machine for myself I would like to give my current computer to my sister but I keep getting initial Bios issues Everytime I try to reboot it takes at least mins worth of shut downs in order to get past Bios I occasionally get Bios Having trouble the past getting a CMOS checksum error but most of the time after detecting the memory frequency the whole thing just locks up Another common screen that I keep getting is a bunch of scrambled letters numbers and playing card symbols It s extremely annoying and scary because Having trouble getting past the Bios of the fact if I try to restart or my computer locks up I run the risk of not being able to get back into windows I don t get any IDE errors Having trouble getting past the Bios so I ll assume all my devices are plugged in properly I read that Checksum errors can be solved by replacing the mobo battery if so which battery does my mobo use or are each and every single mobo different This is the only solution I came across I have yet to update my BIOS If you have any other suggestions please post Im up for trying anything but if all else fails I see myself buying another mobo just to replace this one which is going to cost me more cash than I want to spend Thanks in advance for reading this post and taking the time to post EDIT Oh and heres my soon to be comp once my midterm is over this week and I m free to pick up the parts I m doing all the shopping from www memoryexpress com a local OEM dealer that has fantastic prices Since I m from Canada I can t shop from NewEgg com Processor Intel Duo E GHz Vid Card eVGA Geforce GTS MB hopefully down the road I can SLI these two badboys Picking up GTS because I don t see the worth in GTX for dollars more Motherboard Asus P n -SLI Deluxe with Dual DDR Memory OCZ GB PC DDR Gold Gamer HD Seagate GB Barracuda MB buffer Case Antec Performance Tx b SOHO with a watt supply included DVD CD rom LG super Multi DVD x x Feel free to critique and add your cents I welcome all different points of views nbsp

A:Having trouble getting past the Bios

The Corrupted Video Sounds Like A Bad Video Card Or Agp Slot. But Most Modern Motherboards Use The Same Type Of Battery. You Can Get It At Any Store. Just Take The Old Battery To Match The Number.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-getting-past-the-bios.63855/
Relevancy 51.17%

i have an old Systemax PC. i've had it for awhile and suddenly one time after switching harddrives, i think it was, it started up and would not go past the BIOS. i have tried multiple harddrives and multiple DIMMs of Ram but still the same problem. this is the sreen i get:

Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG, An Energy Star Ally
Copyright (c) 1984-99, Award Software, Inc.

GA-5AX F3

AMD-K6(tm)-2/500 CPU Found

Press DEL to enter SETUP
11/16/1999-ALADDIN5-2A5KKG09C-00

P.S. once this screen comes up, it immediately seems to be frozen and i can not get into the BIOS setup or anything. the pc manufacturer does not offer support for this PC anymore nor does the BIOS manufacturer support this BIOS apparently. Any help is appreciated. thank you!

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello all I got a rather nice Booting Not Past BIOS. computer from a friend because they didn t want it any more I can kinda see why seeing as Not Booting Past BIOS. when I got it it wouldn t turn on After a phone call I discovered that it doesn t get past the BIOS unless you unplug all external peripherals except the screen and wait until it reaches the XP login screen at which point you can Not Booting Past BIOS. plug in a keyboard in the rear USB ports the front don t seem to work By that I mean I get a lovely treat of the WinFast logo for however long I care to leave it on for I am seriously stumped and don t know what to do All the info about the computer is in my profile I think I m not sure where it goes I m eventually planning to install Ubuntu on it so I m not afraid to do a bit of destruction A local techy suggested it might be a dead motherboard battery but my knowledge is not quite as deep as to know what that is let alone how to fix it Thanks oddeyed nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

PC won t boot past POST Hi I ve been having a sporadic problem with my new Intel D PBL motherboard Sometimes when I boot my computer it won t go past POST I have to sit and look at that stupid Intel integrity graphic I ve been able to get past the POST in these cases a couple of times but then the computer boots very very slowly Well today I BIOS past won't PC boot was trying a couple of things One thing I did was remove all my USB devices As soon as the last device MS Bluetooth dongle was removed the computer went right past POST and booted correctly So it seems like having something in my USB is causing boot problems It s really annoying because I don t feel like having to unplug all my USB devices to get my computer to boot One other thing I had a Belkin PC won't boot past BIOS port PC won't boot past BIOS USB hub plugged into my computer When I turned it on all four of the USB lights that are PC won't boot past BIOS usually green were yellow Even the ones with nothing plugged into it Has anyone else seen this problem or found a solution to it Thanks nbsp

A:PC won't boot past BIOS

make sure hi-speed usb 2.0 is enabled, as i've encountered numerous situations where changing said vaule from full-speed to hi-speed fixed the problem right away.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-past-bios.27813/
Relevancy 51.17%

My Can't ntfs.sys past get BIOS computer has had a problem for quite some time where it randomly shuts down I don t know what causes it It may be bad RAM I haven t had an opportunity to really sit down and troubleshoot it The other day I was running Spyware S amp D and it shut down in its classic fashion When I re-started though I got a new blue screen error It told me to Run ChkDsk F and ntfs.sys Can't get past BIOS that there was an error with ntfs sys It also said I should disable any anti-virus software and similar programs I have the address base and date stamp if you need them but I don t think you will So I attempted to re-start my computer and it asked if I wanted to restart in Safe Mode Safe Mode from Network Safe Mode with Prompt Run from last normal configuration Start up normally I tried each one and each one resulted in the same blue screen mentioned above This makes it very difficult then to run chkdsk f or any anti-virus software for that matter The furthest my computer boots before asking if I want to re-start in safe mode and then shutting down is the BIOS screen So here s what I ve tried so far I tried booting from my Windows CD Same result as above I replaced my RAM Same result as above I put my harddrive into someone else s computer You get the idea by now I flipped the power switch in the back of my tower I was going to pull out the CMOS battery but I didn t know how Another friend suggested I put my harddrive into a friend s computer with his still attached Then boot from friend s OS and get my files off then reformat from friend s computer as well I ve heard that having two OS s on a computer makes that difficult impossible so I haven t tried that yet Sorry for adding in probably way too much detail To sum it up ntfs sys error Can t boot into Windows can t re-format from CD drive Thanks for your help nbsp

A:ntfs.sys Can't get past BIOS

To preserve the data in your hard disk, I think the only way you're going to get around this problem is to buy a small, cheap hard disk, unplug your old one and set the new one as Master, and reinstall Windows on to it. Once that's running smoothly, assuming it does, you can put your old disk in as Slave and see if you can recover the format error about which that ntfs error message is warning you. At best, you will be able to burn your personal files and data on to CDs in case the present hard disk is unuseable.

Matter of interest - what error messages do you get when you try to boot from the XP CD and is it a "proper" disk or an OEM version or some kind of recovery disk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ntfs-sys-cant-get-past-bios.321785/
Relevancy 51.17%

I just got a new SATA HDD and put it into my PC today. I know about IDE HDD's, jumpers and the like, but don't know how SATA really works. Anyway, I already have one SATA HDD in there for storage and wish to install windows onto the new one.

Only problem is, when I put the new drive in and tried to boot, it wouldn't even get past BIOS. I get a image before the rest of the BIOS loads (before I can even hit Delete to enter the BIOS options). So I really don't know what to do....I assume I'm doing something wrong, because there's no hardware faults in the rest of the machine that's for sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I'm planning to take this PC to a LAN this monday!

Relevancy 50.74%

All it says is "enter current password"Password check failedFatal Error... System Halted.2MC937CYQW

A:I can't get past the startup password on my laptop. PLEASE H...

Try entering the following unlock code: 74eofxei5d

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/I-can-t-get-past-the-startup-password-on-my-laptop-PLEASE/td-p/5740258
Relevancy 50.74%

I need to get past my power on password

A:How do i get past the power on password on my hp notebook 20...

Hi, Enter the wrong password three times, with the 8-digit display on the screen, generates one to unlock: https://bios-pw.org/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-do-i-get-past-the-power-on-password-on-my-hp-notebook/td-p/5714393
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello all!
I volunteer at our church school as a IT guy (don't get paid for a reason). Anyhow, I'm working on one of our teachers laptops. It's a Toshiba P4 2.8G, Satellite running XP Home.
The problem I'm having is that I can't get by the password requirement in the Recovery Console when trying to reformat. I know how to do it in XP Pro but I can't find the Local Security Policy to turn in off in XP Home.
Can anyone help out?
Thanks so much and may God bless,
Peter

A:Solved: Formating/Can't get past password...

you don't format from the recovery console.

if you're trying to format/reinstall:

boot from the cd, full install, follow the prompts to remove then create partition/s, format ntfs and the install starts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-formating-cant-get-past-password.547673/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello
A friend of mine is using windows xp... she cannot remember her password to logon, she has tried safe mode and it acts like it is going to let her on but it boots her back off, she cannot get into windows at all. Then it also told her something about her memory is full when she tried to get on at one time. She also believes she has a virus, I cannot help her with that if we cannot access windows at all. I was trying to get her to disable her password but she cant even get that far even in safe mode. She has a HP computer and cannot do a quick restore or recovery as it is a part of her system. I even wanted to get her to a restore point and cant get to it. If there is anyone that can help i sure would appreciate it! Thankyou!!!!

Relevancy 50.74%

dude, i need a way to get past my login screen. my lap top is royally screwd so i will have more questions...lol

Relevancy 50.74%

I am no good with com. I would like some help to get past password

A:now pc help to get past password I do not know how to get and reinstall softwhare

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What password are you refering to?

As much info as possible might help.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/now-pc-help-to-get-past-password-i-do-not-know-how-to-get-and-reinstall-softwhare.44856/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am certain that my problem is caused by a virus. The virus was able to penetrate my system, even with Macafee updated and running.

Xp starts, and accepts my password at the login screen. however i cannot go any further. the system logs on for a brief second, and then says "saving your settings", and goes back to the welcome screen. So basically, it will logon for a second and then logs back out. I tried ctr-alt-delete, and I am still asked to enter my passwoord and the same thing happens. I have tried logging on in safe mode, safe with command promp, and with networking. All 3 go to the same log on screen and do the same thing as when I try to start normally. I cannot find any way to get into Xp to use system restore or run any virus or spyware removal.
Please help.

A:password is accepted, however cannot get past welcome screen

There is a very specific registry entry that determines how you logon. I use a tool, but in Safe Mode you won't be able to, but you should be able to do the same thing manually using regedit. Go research "autologon" & "registry" and see if you can find out exactly where the registry key is.

Boot to Safe Mode, and change the registry to allow the computer to autologon, or boot directly to desktop. This might work, and side-step the damage done by the malware.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/password-is-accepted-however-cannot-get-past-welcome-screen-323904.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Maybe in relation to this thread a while ago that Allen was kindly helping me with. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic467548.html/page__p__2830141#entry2830141Just freezes, No prior warning. esc to boot mode says loading then freezes.Was previously saying HD failure is imminent please back up. Tried unplugging both HD and rebooting leaving one connected, Removed one of the rams, unplugged all USB's, reset bio battery.Any thing else i can do?All i want is the HD files but not got another tower here. Not paying a PC shop ?50 an hour to recover the data.system info

A:Post Cant boot past bios

hi there i retreve HD data for my friends do you have the make model and serial code of your hard drive ?? email me at hot mail co uk

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473045/post-cant-boot-past-bios/
Relevancy 50.74%

The computer bios not screen go past will Computer is an Acer Extensa laptop Vista O S This is my mother in Computer will not go past bios screen laws computer it Computer will not go past bios screen was running slow so I figured i would try to help her out I helped her out alright lol The computer was fine albeit slow until I ran Ccleaner and the registry cleaner from the same program c cleaner removed gigs of stuff I saved a back up before the reg fix I then did a disk clean up after that I scheduled a disk check and restarted the computer Upon restarting the computer will not go past the bios screen I tried F to put it in safe mode so I could reverse the disk check I selected safe mode hit enter then the same thing bios screen then black Tried F again and this time I tried a restore it started to restore then it shut down mid way with an error The error was quot the instruction at x a referenced memory at x the memory could not be read quot After that I tried F again and tried a memory test and it went until about and shut off again This time with no error message I am not sure if this is by coincidence or if I caused this I don t think i caused this to happen because I do this maintenance on my families computers all the time with no problems She also had a similar problem about six months ago after a few attempts and holding down the start button for seconds it has worked fine until yesterday nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hey all,

Just got my hands on a BFG 7800 GS agp card. Attempting to install into my machine, I am able to see the bios screens, as well as the 'windows boot selection' screen, but as soon as the WinXp load screen is supposed to display, my LCD monitor displays 'no signal'. Doesn't matter if I select 'Safe Mode' either, same problem.

When I put my old 6800XT card back in, it works no problem. Any ideas?

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone,

I'm having a little trouble with my PC... I hope I've come to the right place. I left my computer in "suspend" last night, and when I sat in front of it this morning, it was frozen at my BIOS screen. Each time I try to restart it, it goes straight to that screen. I can't even access my BIOS settings (pressing keyboard buttons doesn't work). Nothing changed when I placed my XP disk in the ROM drive.

I'm using an ASUS mobo and AMD processor (sorry, I can't recall the particular models right now). I have not changed any hardware or installed new software recently except anti-virus definitions.

Does this sound like a motherboard or PSU issue?

I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks,
Chris

A:Computer won't boot past BIOS

Unless someone has a better idea, you could remove the CMOS battery for about
5 to 10 minutes. Be sure to unplug computer before you remove the battery.
Then see if you can reboot into BIOS to reset it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-boot-past-bios.875606/
Relevancy 50.74%

EDIT Feeling pretty stupid I Cannot past screen boot BIOS had assumed since Cannot boot past BIOS screen the monitor was able to work for several hours while in safe mode the problem was not the monitor Plugged it into my laptop same symptoms It works for a few seconds then goes black Always check the obvious things first Hey all My display went black today during use Since then I have been unable to boot normally The majority of the time I boot to the BIOS screen then the screen goes completely black quicker than it normally would transition to the typical black page white text I have tried booting into safe mode but my success in doing so is pretty random On the rare occasions I have been able to boot into safe mode I ve updated my graphics driver and scanned using Kaspersky full scan turned up nothing Neither of these helps I ve also tried removing all USB devices which seems to help me boot into safe mode sometimes but completely useless at others How do I get my computer to boot normally again Specs OS Windows Vista Business bit SP Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P -DS L Hard drive x Samsung HD KJ GB PSU Corsair VX W Graphics card EVGA GT CPU Intel E stock ghz RAM x GB OCZ mhz CD DVD Drive Lite-On nbsp

A:Cannot boot past BIOS screen

Does it boot better after cooling?

What were you doing when it went down the first time?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-boot-past-bios-screen.897914/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey i wasn't sure what forum i should have posted this in so sorry about that I've had some issues recently where my PC will just randomly freeze and stay like that untill i do a force shutdown There is no bluescreen or any form of error messages When i boot PC to sometimes will BIOS refuse past try to start the PC again it somtimes won't even get past BIOS it will just be a blackscreen This has happened a few times last week and although i haven't had any issues in the past days i thought i'd make PC will sometimes refuse to boot past BIOS a thread here just incase to see if anyone knows what the issue could be The events that led to this is as follows I was simply browsing some youtube videos on chrome PC will sometimes refuse to boot past BIOS and the PC will sometimes refuse to boot past BIOS PC randomly froze I waited about minutes before i decided to do a force shutdown I booted the PC up again windows detected faulty shutdown but i decided to start windows normally and managed to get to the login screen however the mouse connected to USB did not work The keyboard connected to PS did work so i logged in and about minutes later the PC froze again i rebooted my PC once again faulty shutdown notice again but this time it decided to use the windows repair tool and this time when i got to the login screen both mouse and keyboard did not work I force shutdown the PC once again and started it but this time i just got a black screen It didn't even get past BIOS I tried rebooting a few more times but i still only got a black screen I changed the USB position of the mouse and waited about an hour before i tried booting the PC up again and it was back to normal except that my steelseries engine for my mouse was not detecting any devices It makes it quite difficult for me to bugtest this myself because i have no idea what's going on I haven't downloaded any new software recently and i haven't had any issues like this in the past PC is around - years old I would assume this might be some form of hardware issue but i can't tell for sure as the PC seems to be working like it used to now This type of freeze and blackscreen has happened once before but instantly rebooting without changing the USB of the mouse fixed it and it worked fine again specs GPU NVIDIA GTX months old CPU AMD Phenom II X GHz Black Edition Motherboard Gigabyte GA- A-UD SSD Samsung EVO primary HDD Samsung HD SJ secondary Memory gb ram OS Windows Browser Chrome I know this is kind of a tricky issue since i got no Error message information but i appreciate any help or information i can get Gabi

A:PC will sometimes refuse to boot past BIOS

Greetings GabrielK. I am sure someone with more experience than myself will jump on this soon and suggest a chkdisk and/or system restore, plus any other possible favorites. I personally would start with a restore back to a couple of days prior to the freeze up event. Just my opinion, I like to keep it simple when first getting into something.
Keep in touch.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/386790-pc-will-sometimes-refuse-boot-past-bios.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey guys I've been having trouble the past few days trying to get my computer Computer boot past won't bios.... to boot up About weeks ago my gig raptor HD went bad and i replaced it formatted the HD and put bit xp on it Everything was going fine for a few days I was downloading a file off limewire big mistake when all Computer won't boot past bios.... of the sudden the computer started getting very Computer won't boot past bios.... laggy then would restart randomly and then each time it finished booting up at the desktop it would blue screen error then reboot all over again This process happened several times until finally it would boot up and get stuck at the motherboard screen I couldn't access the Bios nor boot in safemode it wouldn't even do POST test I opened up the case and unplugged plugged everything back in and dusted it out I was then able to boot to safemode and run a few virus scans After that i booted up to last good known configuration and everything seemed to be fine for a couple days but then this problem started again Everytime i boot up the computer it just sits at the mobo screen and won't let me do anything I'm thinking the power supply may be going but i'm not sure Thanks for any help in advance Specs AMD dual core gigs ram g raptor HD g hd gt vid card and i believe w psu

A:Computer won't boot past bios....

Have a look in Bios for the temp/voltage readings.

What do they report?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-boot-past-bios-399460.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Replaced my motherboard on a PB 150 with a new board and 233hzCPU. I have 64mg ram running win98 with a C:&D drive and a cdrom (G). The c& d HD have an exact copy of each other. It seems the system wont boot the operating system after the bios loads.Can I change the boot drive in the bios and see if the system loads from The D: drive? What else could be wrong??
Thanks in advance.

A:wont boot past bios.

You will have to determine yourself by going into the bios and checking itf it allows bootup from specific drives or not. You say you replaced the MB an CPU, did you reformant and reload the OS and Programs over again or simply place the old HDs into the new system? If you did not do a clean install, the old paramaters for the board and system are still listed in Windows and there is a conflict between what was and what is now seen on bootup. You state that C:\ and D:\ drives are exact copies of each other. If your saved information is indeed identical between the 2drives, I would use a Win98 boot disk, Fdisk, Format and reinstall your OS on the C:\ drive. When setup the way you want, simply copy over the data from the D:\ drive. You will still need to reinstall the Programs as they dont just copy from one drive to another. If the old system was still available, while in Safe Mode, you could have gone onto System>Device Manage Tab and near the bottom, remove everything under System then transfer the HD from the old to new. Windows would have then looked for the misssing system components and installed the new stuff. Just curious also about the comment that you have a C:\+D:\ HDs and G:\ Cd-rom. What happened the the E:\ and F:\ drives?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-boot-past-bios.53687/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi to all i am a new member to tech support and i need your help i recently put together a computer from scrarch everything went well untill i tried to boot it up everything seemed to start normally ps i guess i should tell you about my system first os windows xp pro sp ecs gzt-m motherboard wth intelle dual core processor gb ddr ram watt thermalake ps and a western digital gb sata hd Back to my problem as mentioned i can get as far as the bios boot screen and no further the screen also tells me cmos to reset the past my screen won't pc boot bios time and date cmos settings wrong keyboard not found and press f to run set up My hard drive is shown with my dvd drive but i can't go any further because of the keyboard issue i also get a series of thre short beeps and then that it I have tried everything including resetting the cmos checking all connections checked the ram and my pc won't boot past bios screen beep codes for ecs what do you thnk my problem lies the hardrive the motherboard or the processor i'just don t know plese help thanks hommer

A:my pc won't boot past bios screen

If using a USB keyboard, try using a PS2 keyboard if you have those ports. Press F1 to go to Bios Setup. Hit the key to make the settings Default (F5) Set the correct date and time. Make the boot order CD rom drive first. If you have not slipstreamed you SATA drivers into your XP disc, see if there is a setting for the SATA drive to change it from AHCI to IDE or Compatibility mode.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-wont-boot-past-bios-screen-521494.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently purchased an AMD RX 480, and everything powers up fine.
The thing is I don't get any video for monitor. It looks like it doesn't boot to the bios.
Someone on Reddit suggested I should update to my BIOS.
I have moved all the parts from the original case to another case, and I have a new power supply (500W) that I'm going to put into my case soon today.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19985201
Relevancy 50.74%

My system will not boot past the BIOS CPU is identified MB Ram tests fine and then it all not BIOS past XP System booting stops I XP System not booting past BIOS can go to my BIOS setup but it takes - minutes after I press DEL Here are the specs of the system P Ghz Gig RAM MB Nvidia video card Gig WD IDE drives optical drives Foxcon M Motherboard Phoenix Award v BIOS My troubles began a night ago I had set the computer to copy a video file onto a DVD It had to sqeeze a gig video onto a regular DVD so I just let it run over night I happened to wake up so I went to check on it in the middle of the night The DVD burn turned out fine but the PC began making a clicking noise I was too bleary eyed to investigate it further and the PC would not respond to my attempts to do a regular shut down or a reboot so I just shut off power The next morning the clicking was gone but I could not get it to boot past the BIOS level I could get into the Setup several minutes after pressing DEL but changing the boot order to all combinations of optical and hard drive boots did not work Disconnecting the drives did not work either No combination of drives worked to get past the BIOS screen I did hear the clicking once more and I believe it was a hard drive but I have not been able to duplicate that again The drive indicator light stays on all the time too Am I missing something here or is my motherboard shot nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Greetings I have won't boot PC first screen past BIOS big problem with my year old PC which started a few days ago The problem When I turn on my computer I see the BIOS splash screen and if I don't PC won't boot past first BIOS screen touch it it will remain on this screen indefinitelly I can get past this screen by pressing the tab key to see the BIOS POST Message or by hitting DEL to run Setup however I never get into the setup screen it simply moves on to the BIOS POST Screen On the BIOS POST Message I can seethe usual messages such as quot Initializing PC won't boot past first BIOS screen USB Controllers Done quot quot MB OK quot but no error messages signifying that anything is wrong I can hit lt F gt which then says quot Boot Selection Popup menu has been selected quot Or lt ALT gt lt F gt which then triggers the message quot ASUS EZ Flash will be executed quot However again it never goes past the actual BIOS POST Message The keyboard keeps being responsive I can enable disable shift lock etc What I've tried so far At first I thought the battery may cause this I tried - booting with a fresh battery CR - booting without a battery including leaving it without power overnight first - clearing the BIOS with PC won't boot past first BIOS screen the reset pins on mobo and then booting I then tried to make sure any excess hardware wasn't the problem - I only left keyboard and screen connected for all further tests - booting without any harddrives optical drives connected - booting with only stick of RAM there's slots which are all filled with identical RAM - booted with another graphics card - booted with no graphics card didn't really do much I expected beeps but motherboard didn't make a sound it never does is there a way to turn on the quot error beeps quot on motherboards I realize this has little to do with WIN as the kernel is I think not even loaded yet at this point But I've been told this forum has a lot of computer wizzards including for hardware issues I guess my hope is that any of you have run in to a similar problem and have a magical fix for me but if not I think my only option will be to buy a new mobo and probably a new PC alltogether Thanks in advance for your help

A:PC won't boot past first BIOS screen

Hello Senobris. Welcome to the forum.

You have done everything I would do at first to test the system. So much for any easy fixes.

To be clear, you cannot get into the BIOS settings? The system will show the product splash screen, or be forced to start the startup routine, but stops at that point - correct?

What exactly is the last thing on the screen when it stops? Is it always the same thing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/366285-pc-wont-boot-past-first-bios-screen.html
Relevancy 50.74%

The last time i posted here my issue was the comp wouldnt boot at all bios or anything The problem turned out to be an oxidized RAM card and cleaning it did the BIOS boot past [SOLVED] Can't trick This time for whatever reason I cannot boot past the bios screen Everything looks normal until BIOS finishes its procedures and then everything just goes black and my computer has no red lights blinking indicating no processes I can even power it off immediately if i push the power on button again which is normally not possible if windows were running I have tried cleaning the RAM cards again but [SOLVED] Can't boot past BIOS the problem hasn't been fixed so I can cross that off Specs Win XP SP Video card - ASUS EAH CPU - Intel Core Duo Motherboard - ASUS P QL-EM gigs of ram W power supply some chinese brand BIOS version build Before this happened everything was running normally the problem just happened one day when I tried to turn on the computer the only unusual thing was the day before this happened IE was acting strangely by constantly stealing the focus of my windows even though i checked system processes and iexplorer exe wasn't even running I wouldn't even know it was IE stealing the focus if media player classic didn't display its quot focus lost to quot message when something kicks it out of fullscreen any help suggestions would be appreciated thanks

A:[SOLVED] Can't boot past BIOS

Hi Nirv,

Not picking holes - Just checking that you are aware that IE's process is not 'IExplorer.exe', but is 'IExplore.exe'. Just incase you were looking for something that doesn't exist.

I would stick a bigger PSU in if you have one lying around as it sounds like your current hardware isn't man enough!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-cant-boot-past-bios-497144.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi All An old machine I know but perfectly usable.However when I boot up it always asks for F1 key to boot past the bios screenIs there any way around this?All the machine has is 2 drives in raid array. Thanks for any assistance John

A:F1 key to get past bios splash screen

The first thing I would do is replace the CMOS battery.  On an old machine when it is asking for the F1, that is likely a BIOS losing the settings due to the CMOS battery.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/F1-key-to-get-past-bios-splash-screen/td-p/5823126
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I ran into this problem about a week Can my boot no BIOS longer past ago and have not been able to find the solution to it so I'm turning to you folks for help Normally when I turn it on I get the Asus logo it's an Asus laptop obviously then shortly thereafter I would get the Windows log in screen When I now turn my laptop on I get a black screen for about a minute then I go directly to my BIOS screen I check the boot menu and I Can no longer boot past my BIOS can see that it has selected the Windows Boot Manager as the first boot option If I select it and try to change it the only options are the Windows Boot Manager and Disable When I exit the BIOS and my laptop Can no longer boot past my BIOS reboots the same thing happens I can repeat this several times over and never get past my BIOS I have tried using a Live USB I can get past the BIOS and get the Windows logo It appears for several minutes then disappears and leaves me at a blank screen It will stay in this state until I decide to turn the laptop off I've left it for over hours like this with no change During this time I have not seen any indication of any hard drive activity nor any activity from the USB stick I would expect a menu that would allow me to do some troubleshooting get me into Safe Mode or the command prompt but I get nothing Even if I press the function keys when I see the Windows logo I still get nothing I tried to boot using an Ubuntu live USB and was able to boot into Ubuntu without any problems Ubuntu is not installed on my laptop it's just the live USB I haven't tried any troubleshooting with it since I don't have any idea what to do with it Anyways long story short my laptop is pooched at the moment Anyone able to help me out

Relevancy 50.74%

I apologize in advance at how long this is but at this point I m kind of desperate for advice since my PC has been down for quite a while Specs CPU Intel Celeron D GHZ Motherboard MSI P NGM-FD Cannot BIOS screen past get startup LGA NVIDIA GeForce Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Memory x Cannot get past BIOS startup screen gb DDR SDRAM Videocard Radeon Soundcard Speakers Onboard Hard Disk s Seagate gb RPM SATA Power Supply RAIDMAX HYBRID RX- SS W ATX V V EPS V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply Cooling MASSCOOL FD B M mm Case Fan Alright here goes Earlier in the month I got a new motherboard that I had to RMA I wasn t sure where to put all the parts so most went into boxes but my CPU was stored in a zip-loc bag since I had no clue what to do with it I ve gotten the new motherboard and set it up note I did not reinstall Cannot get past BIOS startup screen any drivers or repair Windows since it was the same Cannot get past BIOS startup screen motherboard type and I already had drivers installed The first time it booted up just fine and everything was working except for the fact that a brand new Radeon was getting no more than fps in games where it should be significantly higher In addition when playing games the system would freeze for a few seconds and then return to normal also switching applications would take forever which is not an issue I ve had with this RAM and Processor before I decided to restart the machine to see if that would resolve anything At that point it would not get past the BIOS screen Once in a while if I hit lt del gt quick enough it would try to go to setup but would just hang at quot USB Legacy Support is not enabled quot The next day after work I tried it again using my old video card and it worked then switched in the new card and it also worked I took the time to run Memtest on all of my RAM try each stick seperately verified all fans worked and rebooted several times with no issue The last reboot of the night after I put the case back together and stood it up brought back the same exact issue I went to take the processor heatsink off and it was extremely hot to the touch despite the fact that all fans were working properly I thought the issue may have been overheating but tried it again this morning after leaving it off all night and I still cannot get past the BIOS startup screen without being able to get to BIOS setup Help nbsp

A:Cannot get past BIOS startup screen

Almost sounds like the romsip data has become corrupted or something. Have you tried clearing the CMOS by removing the battery? You should also make sure that your motherboard BIOS is the latest version and check the release notes for any added CPU compatibility enhancements. I had a motherboard and CPU do all kinds of weird stuff when the BIOS version didn't support the processor. The board is an RMA replacement so it could have an old BIOS version installed. You should consider flashing to the latest build if that's the case.

Also, after clearing your CMOS, make sure that everything in BIOS is set up properly. Pay particular attention to voltages, clock speeds, and memory timings. All of these things should be set manually and not left on Auto.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-get-past-bios-startup-screen.116485/
Relevancy 50.74%

Yesterday I picked up a Sempron and an motherboard? defective can't get past bios... Asus K V-X and put it all together with an old windows-installed IDE HD a new unformatted SATA HD cd rom cd writer dvd rom floppy enermax W psu mb ram geforce ti -- all components have been tested and work fine except the new mobo cpu First I had problems with error which is because it needed can't get past bios... defective motherboard? a BIOS update So I got the files from the Asus website and flashed the BIOS after which it recognized my cpu fine and all but I can t boot into windows and I don t know why I have an old IDE hard drive with windows already installed on it - if I try to boot from this I have to go through the bios setup then it asks me which mode of windows to boot from then the system restarts and the process repeats If I try to boot from the windows disk in my dvd-rom drive so that I can install it format my new SATA hard drive by unplugging the IDE HD or making can't get past bios... defective motherboard? it a slave I have to go through the bios setup and then after that I just get a blank screen with a cursor but the system is locked up and I can t do anything It also randomly decides to not detect certain drives cd rom cd writer dvd rom and ide hd I ve tried resetting the CMOS and flashing the BIOS again but can't get past bios... defective motherboard? it makes no difference Is there anything else I can try to get this to work Or is it a defective motherboard Any input would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:can't get past bios... defective motherboard?

Okay, after looking up info/asking around I'm wondering if it's a power issue. The bios is reporting the Vcore voltage as 1.408V. Isn't that a bit on the low side? (All other voltages seem okay.) Could this be causing the problem? And uh, could someone tell me how to fix this? Do I just set it manually in the BIOS?

Thanks. :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-past-bios-defective-motherboard.32948/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I am not sure if this is a hardware problem bios or software but here goes The system will not boot beyond the bios System the not boot past will bios starting windows stage The problem occured after a shut down and pc was rebooted the next day No recent alterations to the hardware or configuration has been made My system will not boot and System will not boot past the bios gives me the following message Windows could not start the following file is missing or corrupt windows system config system insert windows cd and press r to repair My System is as follows Windows xp home with sp Asus a v deluxe motherboard with AMD athlon processor Ami bios - - Fitted with two Maxtor gb hard drives sata serial ata I did not have a windows xp disc as it was preloaded by the manufacturer when I bought it After trying all manner of ideas to solve the problem I have now purchased a Windows xp cd with sp This has System will not boot past the bios still not solved the problem When I boot up System will not boot past the bios using the xp cd it loads ok but when I try and do a repair it says Hard drives not found I have checked that both hard drives are properly connected When I enter the bios they are set to auto and shown as ft tx ary and ft tx ary Further in the bios it says Serial ch master no device and serial ch master no device and lists the following ID Mode Size Track-mapping Status stripe m functional stripe m functional How do I made the system see the hard drives I hope that someone can help with this frustrating problem Thanks in advance John nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out.
So my computer is less then a year old. And I was playing on my computer last night and this morning. But I decided I better give it a quick clean out.
So I turned everything off and opened the case up and dust it up a bit.
Put it back together and stuck and cables back it.
Turn it back on. And now it won't load past the UEFI BIOS utility- EZ mode.
Everytime I save and exit, it just keeps on coming back to this page. And I'm not sure why.
I didn't take any of the components out or anything like that.
It's Windows 10
But it just won't load to the main screen anymore and not sure why.
If someone could help that would be amazing.
THANKS! ?/p>

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/wont-load-past-windows-bios-4602193/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have an Acer Travelmate 803LCI laptop running windows XP.

It has been experiencing power management problems ie, the battery is showing 33% charge but then shuts down without warning of low power. After a crash due to the battery runing down I am unable to get past the intial bios readout. I am instructed to press F2 to enter the setup program but pressing this or any other key has no effect and I am unable to get into the setup or windows program.

I am unable to boot from the system and recovery CD's.

Is this a windows, BIOS or hardware problem? Any help appreciated.

A:Unable to get past BIOS readout

Have you tried safemode

keep tapping f8 on boot

try last good configuration

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-get-past-bios-readout.524193/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi everyone,

Today, after trying tondeal with "yoursearching" malware with AdwCleaner I encountered a major issue.

After running the cleaner and restarting the PC i get to the login screen, it says I have no internet connection and when entering a password for my user it just does not login. after a few moments the computer automatically resets.

when on the login screen if I press the "power" button, which usually gives u the turn off or restart options returns an empty dialog box ???

I am afraid a major mess has ocurred. I have no win CD since the computer came with the software preinstalled. Any suggestions? I am in dire need since I use my PC to work.

Thanks a lot!

Matias.

A:Windows 10 doesn't let me get past log in screen, won't take password

Ok, I just solved my problem.

I will post the solution in hopes that it might help someone in the future.

It is quite simple:

1) I performed a forced entry to windows "safety mode". I hard reseted the computer 3 times when the windows logo appeared. This triggered a forced entry to some advanced windows recovery options. I could not entersafe mode in any other way, I tried all other alternatives before. I know it is not ideal, but I was left with no other options. Actually my GF came up with this idea, so kudos to her for bringing some cold thinking into my desperation.

2) Rolled back to a previous system checkpoint (I had installed an update 2 days ago, which made this recovery point available)
During this recovery Windows said there was an error (0x8007002) After this error I was left with the only option to restart, which I did, expecting only a repetition of everything... but miraculously, it worked.

Just thought this might help.
Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/45479-windows-10-doesnt-let-me-get-past-log-screen-wont-take-password.html
Relevancy 50.31%

after downloading windows 10,it did work for the first 5 days,then the cell phones didn't want to work,and now my husband has trouble just talking on his. I should we have att Wi-Fi ,we live a little way away from the cell towers, we have 3 cell towers and sometimes we may get 3 bars if it's a good day, but that isn't what I need help with,it's my desktop, I can't get by him because he wants a password that I don't have. I hadn't made a back-up disk because I didn't have anything to back-up.so how do I get into my windows 10.if a temp code would do then I could put my password in it myself. but if anyone can help me open my windows I would be very happy.thank you.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434652-downloading-windows-10-i-cant-get-past-my-user-man-password.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My son has an HP Paviliion 915 computor, when starting screen goes directly to password login, he has forgotten the password, it's his password not admins. as it gives him a hint we know the hint just not the answer. None of the F-keys during the black screen stage work. It just goes to login. We cannot get into safe-mode, or bios. We ordered the recovery disc set from HP, however we cannot get in to change the boot order. When we put the disc in and started up nothing just went to login. At this point we're willing to do a complete recovery even if it means loosing hundreds of purchased songs from iTunes. But would prefer to try to save them if possible. Can anyone help me?

A:forgotten password -can't get past login screen

Hello and welcome to TSF.
I, myself would actually slave the drive into another computer to salvage your paid for songs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by friendshipme

None of the F-keys during the black screen stage work. It just goes to login. We cannot get into safe-mode, or bios.

When you try and go into the BIOS, do you wait for the HP splash screen to appear before pressing the F(?) or delete keys?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/forgotten-password-cant-get-past-login-screen-74396.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Upon starting the computer a get a black screen that says enter password in a blue box. The computer was my sister in laws laptop and she passed away last year. So dont know the password can anyone help me. thanks

A:How do I gwt past the password screen on a ASUS laptop

Can not get to the BIOS or anything. Just starts up and goes directly to the password screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/354035-how-do-i-gwt-past-password-screen-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Trying to reset the password on and old C400, it is asking for primary or administrator password. I have no idea what to put in there, and can't see if  the computer will function at all!  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks! 

A:Need the reset for password on Latitude C400, bios revision A06, original password.?

You'll need to call Dell with verification of ownership -- it may not be worth it though, since the call will cost about $60, which is probably about six times more than the entire system is worth.
The other option is to replace the mainboard - which is probably well under $60.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992772
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 50.31%

MY SPECS
Motherboard: Asus p8z68 v-le
Ram:1600ddr3 2x4gb kingston
video card: gtx460
CPU: intel5 2500k with hyper 212
PSU: basiq 550w+
OS:windows 7 professional 32 bit(going to upgrade to 64 bit soon)

i just finished building my rig and i dont get any beeps except for one which indicates the successful post. my problem is my motherboard go's straight to bios and when i exit bios it restarts and go's right back. ive checked all the cables, had the ram replaced, cpu fan was installed correctly, everything is normal. i don't know why it wont continue forward. although i dont have a cd-drive because my old one is a IDE cable version and the new motherboard i got doesn't support it, could this be a problem? i always booted from the harddrive also.

A:motherboard wont boot past bios

If you don't have an optical drive, how did you install the OS on your hard drive for the new computer? If you are trying to boot to a hard drive that has Win 7 installed on it while it wa in a different computer, it isn't going to work anyway, New motherboard requires clean istallation of Windows 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-wont-boot-past-bios.1034090/
Relevancy 50.31%

First congrats on an excellent forum and helpful members I have used the info this site loads of times before reading past threads and until now have never needed to post So here goes I have just installed a fresh not new hard drive in my system which is Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo P AMD Athlon GB Ram GB SATA Hard drive XP Pro SP The drive had XP already installed but was configured for an Athlon Dual Core system so i did a clean install Deleted all Computer BIOS boot past wont partitions then created a new partition with NTFS Computer wont boot past BIOS file system the slow method to check for disk errors Then i installed XP pro Sp all done from Fujitsu operating system recovery CD All Computer wont boot past BIOS went flawlessly and was working great Next day i went to boot Computer wont boot past BIOS and the splash screen came up with Fujitsu Siemens on it and the F or F options and the blue progress meter The progress meter got to half way and then hung for about mins and a black screen came up with a load of writing on and the message pxe-e media test failure check cable operating system not found I did read a thread on techguy about this but it didnt solve my problem and my symptoms are quite different If when i see the splash screen i immediately press F to go to bios setup i can enter setup and view all settings The HD is present and boot priority set to Hard drive I then exit without saving or changing anything and it boots into windows and works fine If i do a restart from windows it boots fine Its only when i shut down and restart from the front switch it gives the pxe-e media test failure check cable operating system not found message One final thing if when the splash screen comes up i don t press F immediately say wait seconds then it hangs for a while then goes to the BIOS setup but in this instance the HD is not present in the BIOS settings Oh and one final final thing if i press F on the splash to get other boot options and select any from the list it boots and works fine too This is a real strange one I ve installed XP dozens of times over the years on single and dual core systems AMD amp Pentium updated bios and installed everything from motherboards to printers and never seen anything quite like this one before so help is needed from those with greater wisdom and experience Thanks in advance for any help cheers Oscar P S sorry for duplicate post but the title i wrote previously was too specific and i coudnt edit it nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

One of my clients desktops supposedly was working fine and then wouldn't start up past what they described as the bios boot screen. ive try geting them in to the bios but it doesent seem to be responding. Ive told them to unplug it till I can get a chance to look at it.

its a Dell insparon wth windows XP SP2 that I sold last month, and it was working flawlessly when it left!
2 hard drives
cd-RW
floppy
P4 2.0GHz
512MB Old Ram
no clue about the power supply but I think its around 250W

Any Ideas would be helpful Id rather not have to spend any money on a computer I sold for $50 yes It was way to cheep but being a dell I just wanted to get it out of my workshop it was a trade in and I just wanted to break even, not with my luck

Relevancy 50.31%

I just rebooted my homebuilt PC after getting a windows update notice. The computer will not load past the splash screen for the mobo, or maybe it's the bios splash, not sure. I have tried turning it off, unplugging it, it just sits on that screen. Pushing the menu F keys does nothing. Any idea why this is happening?

I can't remember but I think I may need a legacy keyboard to push keys at this point.

A:PC not booting past mobo/bios splash

If the updates were actually installed, it's possible that they may have caused the current problem. Can you get into Safe Mode? If yes, I'd suggest uninstalling those updates by using a Restore Point. Hopefully that will return your machine to a good working condition. If no restore point is available I'd manually uninstall the updates and see if that fixes things.

Safe Mode

System Restore

Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

If you want to reinstall the updates I suggest just a few at a time. Reboot after installing each group to make sure the computer is working. Then install the next group, and so on. If you find that your computer stops working you'll know which group to uninstall. Then install one at a time rebooting after each one. It's a slower process but usually results in a cleaner install of updates.

If it turns out not to be an update problem, one of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide:

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/258211-pc-not-booting-past-mobo-bios-splash.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey everyone New Graphics Bios past Card go wont I m a long time gamer short time poster This New Graphics Card wont go past Bios is how the story of my dying PC goes I had New Graphics Card wont go past Bios e p b-e DVD CD Combo x gig Sata HDD WD and Samsung W Flexiglow PSU x gig Corsaire ram NVIDIA GTS The cores are only ever pushed to degrees max the PC was overclocked to x Then things went bad Playing Left Dead I recieved a BSOD I tried more times being an idiot and continued to receive them By this time I recovered a minidump of what had happened to discover an quot infinite loop quot coming New Graphics Card wont go past Bios from the graphics card Meanwhile I was seeing a few small artifacts on my windows startmenu right clicking revealed jumbled images Turning off my PC I went to bed Waking up I found Artifacts all over my Bios screen and Windows boot screen when XP loaded after typing in the login and password the XP froze up completely with Artifacts After this it happened every time of the times I risked trying it So I went and bought a Watt Thermaltek Toughpower Qfan and an ATI R D I plonked them in knowing the old PSU was still functioning as it s bios readings were still really balanced and now my problems got worse or equally problematic With the new card in I see the p b-e splash screen at startup followed by a bios beep and the bios scrolling recognising my HDD s DVD USB Then a black screen WHEN I press Del to get into the bios I cant Likewise chosing a boot order doesn t work either The reason I know the keyboard works is by pressing TAB I can watch the bios read I tried resetting the CMOS not taking out the battery just the jumpers and still it doesn t go past this Frustrated I put the old GTS in and was able to access the Bios with artifacts galore and it s functions but sadly after around a minute the card locks up Any ideas as to how to make the new card work Thanks P s these are the artifacts proving the Graphics card must be the thing at fault nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-wont-go-past-bios.830094/
Relevancy 50.31%

I was installing Windows 7 on my laptop when it asked to reboot. I did, but now it is stuck in the BIOS. I have previously set the BIOS to verbose boot, so I cam see the info it gives. It says 2040MB RAM OK (2GB RAM installed) and it detects the HDD and the optical drive. I can press F2 or F12 to try and get it to move forwards but it just says "Loading..." and doesn't do anything. The CPU isn't overheating, as it feels colder than normal use.
Pic below is the BIOS as it last looked, trying to enter setup. It had been like that for around 10 mins with no change.
Any ideas how to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-not-booting-past-bios.947162/
Relevancy 50.31%

Erm hi all I usually lurk because I don t know what I m doing and now I ve finally gone into the big quot oh no quot zone Recently my computer has been freezing PC Help! Bad does memory error: boot up not past BIOS. now while downloading Bittorrent mostly and I usually have to hard reset it Today it just resetted again No biggie hit the reset button But instead of Bad memory error: PC now does not boot up past BIOS. Help! booting up as normal it instead began whirring loudly and my monitor remained dark Confused I reset it again to no avail I then tried a hard power-off Holding the power switch for seconds but it IMMEDIATELY powered on again the moment it powered off On one of the attempts to power it off it actually rebooted up quot properly quot and my monitor Bad memory error: PC now does not boot up past BIOS. Help! turned on I thought I was saved Instead it booted up to my BIOS and gave me a screen that said something called quot Memory issue error Memory reset to automatic quot and the only option I get is to go into the BIOS settings Doing so I don t see anything wrong but hey I know jack so I say quot Save and exit quot Which then returns me to the black screen and whirring O M G I am panicking here right now because it s gone down JUST BEFORE my half a year backup schedule which means alot of my files haven t been updated in quite a while Yes yes I should probably be backing up more often but nevermind that right now Someone PLEASE help me out here nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello guy and gals I ve been trying to diagnose this problem with the PC Past BIOS Boot Splash Won't Screen help of a few friends and we re out of ideas at this point The PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen computer in question is a home built PC the worked fine for two years before this problem occurred I m told the problem first started when it got a virus but I don t know for sure The PC has an Asus P N -E SLI MB and it s running Vista Home Premium -Bit When I start the computer it loads to the bios splash screen and normally freezes there occasionally I m able to get into the bios before it freezes where I can see that all of the temps are normal and nothing jumps out as unusual however I only have about seconds to look through it before it freezes PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen Before this started it would just just keep rebooting when it got to the post screen with occasional distortion of the bios splash screen I have tried replacing the hard drive with a known working one and I have replaced the video card with a known working one I have also pulled all of the ram out of the computer and tried each stick individually without success I have pulled the battery several times and cleared the capacitors and so far I have gotten nowhere Any ideas are greatly appreciated thank you in advance for your help nbsp

A:PC Won't Boot Past BIOS Splash Screen

Only suspects left then are Motherboard/CPU and PSU. I guess you can try to check atleast CPU in some other board if possible to start with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-past-bios-splash-screen.146351/
Relevancy 50.31%

Pentium GHz mb Compaq Found this machine without HD or memory its misbehaving- Added an old HD and booted one time to boot 1.7 BIOS. 1024MB Won't past GHz P4 compaq, XP but I couldn t pass the admion login screen without the password With other HDs it had various problems It said a few times an error with the IDE cable I tried different ones and Won't boot past BIOS. P4 1.7 GHz compaq, 1024MB kept getting the same error so I doubt its that I removed the battery and reset the CMOS then replaced the battery On startup the memory counts up and stops at mb and a message says there is a problem with the memory and to try removing memory sticks to isolate it That is mb short of the total Is that relevant Now it gives beeps at startup which if what I have read on these sites in correct means a memory error So I tried the different sticks separately but with all it gives a beep code at startup I swapped the HD again and maybe that is another separate problem as an IDE DPS self test says it failed completion code Now when I try to boot I get quot NTLDR is missing press any key to restart quot Also when I go to BIOS often the boot order has changed by itself Also one of the first times I went to BIOS it didn t even recognize a hard drive but then booted from it anyway I am not offered in the bios any Voltage analysis of the system to check the PSU I am no expert but suspect possibly dusty contacts in the memory as it was empty and dusty when I found it I vacuumed the inside Since I have such an array of problems I thought possibly a dodgy PSU Or are we talking MOBO is a MOFO Your collective super geek intelligent input is much appreciated Wumpsdad nbsp

A:Won't boot past BIOS. P4 1.7 GHz compaq, 1024MB

Its F**KED up:haha: No its seriously broken nothing can save it:dead:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-boot-past-bios-p4-1-7-ghz-compaq-1024mb.144441/
Relevancy 50.31%

I accidentally restarted my computer so while it was restarting I turned it off. Now it won't go past the Asus splash screen and I can't enter the bios

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/128341-pc-wont-go-past-splash-screen-cant-enter-bios.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all I wasn t sure where to post this exactly so I hope this is the right place If not can a mod please move it Thanks My girlfriend has a laptop that s a few years old running Windows XP screen Computer get past BIOS doesn't A couple weeks ago it stooped booting into Windows Anything after the post wouldn Computer doesn't get past BIOS screen t show up and the computer just froze on a blank black screen Her CD drive doesn t work so I took out the hard drive and placed it in an enclosure Plugged it into my computer and I can access everything I ve already scanned the disk with antivirus software and MBAM and then copied the entire drive over to one of my external HDs in case something happened to it I m running a new laptop with Vista Home Premium bit and that supports USB booting I m trying to determine if the MBR on her hard drive was damaged or if there s some other hardware issue on her laptop by booting the drive from USB I set my BIOS to boot from USB first but it doesn t boot from the external drive Does this mean the MBR is damaged If so how can I restore the MBR to make the drive bootable again Additionally would it be possible to do a reinstall of Windows to the laptop hard drive using my computer seeing as the CD Drive on her computer is broken I can t swap out my hard drive with hers because my computer uses SATA and her drive is ATA Any help with this would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much in advance

A:Computer doesn't get past BIOS screen

Can you borrow a retail XP CD?http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;314503

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224021/computer-doesnt-get-past-bios-screen/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm running a Dell Dimension 2400 under Windows XP, and seemingly out of nowhere while searching on google, the whole computer shut off. Now, I get the BIOS loading screen, then it all goes to black and stays black. No mouse icon, no text cursor on the screen, nothing. I tried booting in safe mode but that didn't work. If there's any help anybody can provide on trying to get this up and running I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

A:Computer won't boot up past BIOS screen

Please try the following:Download NTBR_CD.exe and create a bootable CD. * Save the file to your Desktop and double-click it. This will create a folder named NTBR_CD. * Open the folder and locate BurnItCD. Launch it by double-clicking it. * When BurnCDCC opens, click Start - the CD tray will open. * Insert blank CD and click OK. * The tray will close, burn the image then eject the disk.Run chkdsk. * Boot the affected computer with the new CD. * Once presented with the boot screen please hit <ENTER> to boot from CD. * After a warning screen there is a keyboard language options screen - press <ENTER> to leave it at EN-US. You should now be at the Tool options screen. * Type 5 and press <ENTER> to go to a command prompt. At the command prompt type the following bolded command then press <ENTER> tools\ntfs4dos\chkdsk You will be prompted (in German) to press Enter. * Press <ENTER> to start the check disk utility. Check Disk will check all attached drives and attempt to correct any errors. Please make a note of any errors found or corrections made. * When it completes type "menu" and press <ENTER> to return to the tools menu. * Type 6 and press <ENTER> to quit, then Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.Allow the computer to attempt booting normally and let me know the outcome.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/365328/computer-wont-boot-up-past-bios-screen/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I have a toshiba netbook nb305 with linux and windows 7 installed on my netbook. Recently I changed the power settings to never go to sleep and since then I notice it won't boot up. I did this in Windows which is why I think it is a Windows issue. Normally it would boot up to grub for me to choose which OS to boot, but now all I get is a blinking cursor on a black screen.

I have tried booting without the battery, on some forums I've seen people say pressing 0 gets to recovery but that doesn't seem to work for me. And being a netbook I don't have a dvd drive to use something to boot off, so I was wondering if there is something I could install onto a usb to boot and fix all of this. But I'm running out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-wont-boot-past-bios.1023531/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm not sure if this is the right place or not I have a custom built computer my brother built it it's very lightly used lately I've just been using it to upload photos and use photoshop Anyway today MSI scan said there was a bios update available so I went through all the steps to download and not past bios screen computer loading install it said the computer would restart The computers screen went black like it shut down but the tower lights and fans stayed on I thought maybe it was still doing something so I left it alone but after over an hour nothing had changed I did a force shut down holding the power button until it turned off but now when I turn the computer back on it won't get past the MSI screen where it says to press del to run bios setup it f to run boot menu I've tried pressing both but nothing happens Also the computer doesn't have a cd drive so I can't repair with the bios disc or windows disc Please help

A:computer not loading past bios screen

Forgot to add, currently running windows 10 and the motherboard is an MSI a88xm-e45

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605184/computer-not-loading-past-bios-screen/
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer gets stuck on the blue HP bios screen. Whenever I try to press buttons on my keyboard to get into the boot menu/bios options (F keys), they do not respond. I cleared the CMOS and tried it again to no avail. Then I removed the hard drive and voila: I was able to press the F Keys to get into the boot menu/bios settings etc. I put a recovery disc in my cd/dvd drive and chose to boot off the cd drive. A black screen then appeared saying "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device". I pressed some buttons but the same message keeps appearing. Any help?

A:Cannot Get Past Blue HP Bios Boot Screen

What hard drive did you remove? If you have no hard drive then you can not recover or repair any OS if there no OS to repair to detect or hard drive.

Is it the HDD that you removed have Windows is installed on it?

Have you tried changing the boot sequence?

What kind of HDD is it a SATA or IDE type?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-get-past-blue-hp-bios-boot-screen-601528.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey I just built myself a new computer This is my th computer I have built myself and for the first time I have built one that is having some sort of problem Computer Specs Intel core i watt PSU gigabyte ga-ex -ud r Motherbard HDD x Raptor GB Seagate bar GB ATI Radeon OCZ DDR GB of ram Now the OS is installed on the raptor the other drives are just storage drives I keep nothing not boot on turns but bios will past Computer but movies music installers Ect I was able to install the OS and boot Computer turns on but will not boot past bios up for he first hours In that time I downloaded PC mark a few other bench MSN ventrilo the works I did a burn in and after restarted the compuer Perfect Everything is working fine I played some BF and world of warcraft for about hours and everything was running great I downloaded Alcohol and installed it To run an ISO files installer of a game and then I had to restart the computer so I did At this point When it loaded back up it loaded Past bios past windows screen and to the point where I could see the mouse in the middle of the screen It then stopped there and did not go any further I restarted the computer again This time it Computer turns on but will not boot past bios went all the way into windows I was able to play games again Now I restarted the computer about minutes later and Computer turns on but will not boot past bios now this time it stopped again at the point where the mouse first apears again like the first time it had froze up right before you can see windows desktop so I restarted the computer again and this time it would not boot past the bios and my monitor stopped showing anything So now I turn the computer on and the monitor never shows anything And I have the side of the computer open and infront of me and what is happening is I see everything light up and the DVD-Rom spins and makes a short noise as it always has and I hear the computer load for a second and then it stops and then I hear it all repeat that sequence again and again and again I left the computer on for about minutes and it just repeated the whole time never doing anything different never getting past the bios SIDE NOTE All core temps when I was in and on the desktop when the computer was working were never above c at Ever MemTest was Sucessful and all HDD tests were as well So that is my problem Now Some things I have done to trouble shoot this so far Removed Motherboard battery Cleared Cmos Shorted it out Replaced motherboard battery Tried Reseating all the ram Tried just one stick of ram at a time Each one by itself Each one all displayed the same effect Cleaned and inspected the motherboard carefully Everything is looking good Replaced all Sata HDD cables with new one s Tried connecting only one HDD at a time Did all three HDD individually none displayed anything different then just the same Black screen that does not get past the bios I while doing this had my Windows boot disk in the DVD-ROM Tried taking out the ram Video card HDD s and wires and putting them all back in making sure the connections are Removed the DVD-ROM Tried to boot without the DVD-ROM connected Removing my video card and using a video card that only requires a watt PSU and it doesn t even have a fan on it just a heat sink and it doesn t even have an extra Power Pin slot that requires extra power Just plug the card in and that is it I put that old card in and I removed all HDD s and also removed the CD-ROM Trying to see if I could just see the bios I tried with no HDD and leaving the CD-ROM in one HDD no CD-ROM Each HDD was tested by itself with and without the CD-ROM And Still the same sound and no booting past bios nor do I see anything on the screen So this is where I stand in the battle to get my new computer to work I am broke and have no money and no other processor to use to see if it might be the processor which I do not feel at this point the problem would be anyways If you guys could just say some stuff that I might have ... Read more

A:Computer turns on but will not boot past bios

The first thing that springs to mind that you have not mentioned is the PSU
You don't mention the make or if it is new,
I have had new psu's fail within the first couple of months of building a new system, this is why I always use Thermaltake or Antec

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turns-on-but-will-not-boot-past-bios.898911/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello , I have a Dell Inspiron 530 running Windows Vista Home. I am trying to access the system BIOS and it has a red password log in screen. I tried to guess and enter several log in passwords including  the word DELL and none of them worked. I didn't want to enter too many wrong passwords because I didn't know if the system would lock me out. Can anyone help me by pass the BIOS log in password or some how disable it ? Thank You in advance.

A:Dell Inspiron 530 BIOS is locked with password requesting help to unlock BIOS

Hi WILSPEAK,
Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.
Request you to contact Dell team for the BIOS password either via DellTechCenter in Facebook or @DellCaresPRO on Twitter and they will be able to provide you a BIOS password once the ownership of the system is confirmed.
Do reach back for any query.
Regards,DELL-Akshatha MSocial Media and Community Professional#IWork4Dell

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19682558
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

I have problems with entering the BIOS and boot. My device requests a password, what can you do? Toshiba service centers in our city is not present. All I could do - press control, tab, control, enter, and the machine gave me PC Serial

Sorry for my English, I used Google translator.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92875-BIOS-amp-boot-issue-Portege-Z930-requests-BIOS-password
Relevancy 49.88%

How remove password BIOS(Admin password & canfigure setup),

A:Admin password & canfigure setup password in BIOS remouver

Turn off computer. Find the battery on the motherboard. Take it out for a couple minutes. Put it back in and restart computer. This should reset cmos and solve your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/admin-password-canfigure-setup-password-in-bios-remouver.74308/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm having a problem with a Toshiba Satellite L300D. After I reinstalled the HDD it would beep. To solve this I went into BIOS to look and see if the board had some sort of intrusion setting. When I exited the BIOS and restarted I know get the Enter Current Password (with a blue background on a black screen) with continuos beeps. The thing is it seems to auto enter in 10 characters (*) and then stop. There are no other options.

I have searched unsuccessfully for any info about this and I cant even find where the CMOS is located which I think is soldered onto the board.

Has anybody had any similar experience like this?
I would really appreciate any help its driving me crazy.

A:Bios Password 'Enter Current Password' on Toshiba Satellite

Your thread is closed. We do not help with password problems. This is clearly stated in the rules section.
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

Please read and follow the rules when posting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-password-enter-current-password-on-toshiba-satellite.1015045/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all I hope I can without Portege password? knowing Password M400 within Change BIOS OS - get some help guidance from some Portege M400 - Change BIOS Password within OS without knowing password? one with more experience with the M if possible I reinstalled the OS and setup the biometric security for me which has worked flawlessly However I stupidly also set up the boot up security BIOS Password So when the tablet gets turned on I can scan my finger and Portege M400 - Change BIOS Password within OS without knowing password? get in without any issues however I now want to turn the boot up security off So I booted it in to the OS and went to disable it however it asks for my password which I have forgot as I have been a typical end user and have been only using my bloody finger Does anyone know if I can disable the BIOS security while in the OS using the biomentric security rather than entering a password I have tried just changing the admin password within the win OS but that doesn't work any ideas Any help with be greatly appreciated Cheers

A:Portege M400 - Change BIOS Password within OS without knowing password?

> So I booted it in to the OS and went to disable it....however it asks for my password....which I have forgot as I have been a typical end user and have been only using my bloody finger!

You are speaking about BIOS password which you set up in the BIOS?
As far as I know you cannot remove the BIOS password if you don?t know the old BIOS password.
In such case just the Toshiba ASP could help you? just the Toshiba ASP technician could remove the unknown BIOS password

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?56854-Portege-M400-Change-BIOS-Password-within-OS-without-knowing-password
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a HP 17-f020us 17.3-Inch Touchscreen Laptop with window 8. I dont what to have to remove the battery to do this. Way to much for me to try to do. I would like to know how to do it through the Bios.
Thank you,
Rhonda

Relevancy 49.88%

Right before this problem happened, I had suddenly experienced a weird screen glitch and knew to restart my computer. Now, it asks for a BIOS admin or power on password which I did not set. What the heck is going on, and what could I do to fix this??  --WHAT-I-HAVE-TRIED--I have tried "12345"I have tried a blank fieldI have tried "biosPower"-------------------------- --COMPUTER-INFO--Product: HP Stream Notebook 11 (no touchscreen)Product version: 8.1 (x64 architecture)---------------------- If I need to put any more info, just ask.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:BIOS "Admin Password or Power On Password" needed for startu...

@GlitchMasta47? At the password screen, hit enter 3 times and you should receive a halt code - enter this on the site below. https://bios-pw.org/ Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/BIOS-quot-Admin-Password-or-Power-On-Password-quot-needed/td-p/5543273
Relevancy 49.45%

I ll start with the background info I have a Dell Inspiron E with Windows XP and Ubuntu installed Previously GRUB would boot up and allow me to select which OS to run A day or two ago I was using StumbleUpon and listening to iTunes when my computer froze minimized to the desktop and showed a window saying there was a virus Half the icons on my desktop were missing and I didn t have control of the mouse boot Laptop blinking cursor BIOS, won't past I performed a hard shutdown When I restarted the computer it went past the Laptop won't boot past BIOS, blinking cursor Dell splash screen and sat at a black screen with Laptop won't boot past BIOS, blinking cursor a blinking cursor in the top left hand What I ve done so far -Tried removing the battery and starting the laptop -Removed the hard drive and started the laptop receiving a quot missing hard drive quot error replacing the hard drive and starting the laptop -Running off a live Ubuntu CD I ve had the most luck running of the live cd Originally I couldn t get the windows partition to mount but after trying and failing to get GRUB to install one of the commands must have freed it up and now it mounts properly in the live environment However my computer still won t boot past that blinking cursor I opened up the Boot ini file and everything seems in order however I still get an error when trying to mount the Ubuntu partition but I think I can worry about that later So since I can open up that partition and browse around my files just fine why won t the darn thing boot up Could GRUB be installed in the inaccessible Ubuntu partition and freezing up the computer before Windows can load Is there something wrong with the Windows partition Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated and if you need to know anything else that can help I d happily attempt to answer Thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:Laptop won't boot past BIOS, blinking cursor

The ubuntu LiveCD should have a "boot from hard drive" option. If that works, you could "re-do" grub from the command line using the "sudo" do allow for adminstrative commands.

As to the cause, I would check the bios for anywhere it would show CPU temperature.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-boot-past-bios-blinking-cursor.964373/
Relevancy 49.45%

I was gaming last night, the graphics messed up, the comp froze, it turned off.. and now it wont post pass bios.

I have switched the video card out, same thing.
I have switched the RAM out, same thing.
I can view the HDD specs in BIOS and it sounds like its running alright.

So this leaves the PCU or the Motherboard? If i can view the BIOS, does that mean the motherboard is alright? I can also view the specs of the processor in BIOS as well.

I also tried booting XP from a CD, i did the repair, it didnt work either. Any help will be appreciated.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey,

I have an Asus k52j laptop and when I boot I can't get past BIOS logo but if I remove the harddrive I can access the BIOS and access any utilites on DVD. My laptop was really slow to boot and to access desktop and suddently I could not access anymore login screen and I had a black screen. Now I can't get past BIOS logo... so does it mean that I must change the HD? or it could be something else?

A:Can't get past BIOS logo when laptop harddrive is plugged

Quote: Originally Posted by MaxS5

Hey,

I have an Asus k52j laptop and when I boot I can't get past BIOS logo but if I remove the harddrive I can access the BIOS and access any utilites on DVD. My laptop was really slow to boot and to access desktop and suddently I could not access anymore login screen and I had a black screen. Now I can't get past BIOS logo... so does it mean that I must change the HD? or it could be something else?

It sounds like you hard drive is failing. Do you have an adapter where you can connect that hard drive to another laptop via USB?

If you have this adapter, you can run tests on the now "external hard-drive". If you have another hard drive lying around and you know it is good, reinstall windows on it and see if it runs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339254-cant-get-past-bios-logo-when-laptop-harddrive-plugged.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My old computer went out on me after about years so i decided to build my own I bought all screen cant Just now the past a built computer... get BIOS/splash the parts I needed for the computer and put it all together turned it on and all I get is the MSI splash screen logo When I press DEL it gives me the option to go to the BIOS but when I save and reboot it doesnt let me do anything the current setup i have is Rosewill Challenger ATX Midtower Case MSI NF -G Motherboard AMD Phenom II x Black Edition GB OCZ DDR Memory GB Hitachi SATA HDD GB Western Digital IDE HDD Sony Optiarc SATA DVDRW need power adaptor buying tomorrow w eMicro PSU I m trying to install Windows but I can t get far enough to even get the installation going I don t have the sata adaptor for the dvd drive yet so I was just trying the IDE dvd drive to install it but still didnt work for Win or LInux Any ideas on what I could of done wrong I tried to change the quot Hold on all errors quot to quot Hold on Just built a computer... now cant get past the BIOS/splash screen no errors quot but that didnt do anything either nbsp

A:Just built a computer... now cant get past the BIOS/splash screen

You are using two different type of hard disk all together. Did you configure your hard disk in the master slave mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/just-built-a-computer-now-cant-get-past-the-bios-splash-screen.962750/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi guys I ve done a little xw4400 past screen HP BIOS Workstation boot won't reading on this subject but couldn HP Workstation xw4400 won't boot past BIOS screen t HP Workstation xw4400 won't boot past BIOS screen find anything concrete in terms of an answer My PC has been working fine up until HP Workstation xw4400 won't boot past BIOS screen last night but when I booted up tonight it got as far as the HP Inspect blue screen with options for Setup Boot Screen etc but it went no further Trying to go into setup boot menu etc only got as far as a flashing cursor and thats it The PC will not boot from a CD either The BIOS version is v which I believe is the latest one I ve checked all the connections and they are spot on Could it be my motherboard is dead I noticed a button called CMOS Reset but i m not sure what it does so I haven t pressed it Maybe resetting the BIOS might do the trick but I don t know how to do that Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Hey, first post!

I'm trying to fix a vaio laptop at the moment and am a bit stuck

The screen doesn't go past the vaio. It just before the windows logo would normally appear. I tried using the windows 7 cd to try a repair or cmd/chkdsk etc, but the OS wasn't found/listed. I also tried to do a clean install and the HD wasn't detected by windows 7 setup. I also tried booting up with ubuntu and the HD still wasn't detected.

Can I assume this is a busted HD?

Should I still shoot for a bootage diagnostic cd for the hard drive?

Thanks,
Blue

A:Vaio laptop not loading past bios. HDD problem?

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums...

Enter BIOS and check HDD is shown or not? Try to set BIOS default values. If the HDD is visible then make it the first boot device and then CD/DVD and reboot.

Finally try to boot with a Linux on CD and check the HDD. Or download UBCD4Win or Hiren's CD and run chkdsk on the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/207874-vaio-laptop-not-loading-past-bios-hdd-problem.html
Relevancy 49.45%

SAMSUNG NOTEBOOK - NP-NC110

Does anyone know what would cause the screen to go black after displaying the boot screen where you can press F2 / F4 etc. I can get into the bios and into the F4 for recovery. 

But the minute it goes past that screen normally, it just stays black and can't see anything (no windows load logo, no white cursor etc)

Hope someone can help

A:Screen goes black after 5 secs. Past bios option

Have you tried f8 to see if you can get into advanced boot options?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531401/screen-goes-black-after-5-secs-past-bios-option/
Relevancy 49.45%

I've been having trouble with my new PC.

Lots of BSOD and other issues led to a fresh install of 8.1. Upon launching Skyrim today I was back to blue screens and boot issues.

I can't boot to a USB.

I can't boot to my SSD with 8.1 on it.

Clearing the CMOS has helped before but no longer does.

Anyone? Please.

Parts:
- Intel i5-6500
- ASRock H170M Pro 4
- G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x4GB
- Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB
- MSI R9 390
- EVGA Supernova G2 750W
- Windows 8.1

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/custom-pc-will-not-boot-past-bios-freezes-when-i-attempt.1164122/