Windows Support Forum

No audio output device is installed

Q: No audio output device is installed

I have one problem with my PC sound on board,
My pc is windows 7 ultimate 32bit, Intel Desktop Board E210882,
The driver is already install but the icon of sound still red cross like image attach file, I already plug in the headset, any one please help me?

thank, seahong heng

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No audio output device is installed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: No audio output device is installed

Well, one way or another, your computer isn't using the device, so have you checked to see if it's disabled in any way? right click the speaker and go to playback devices, it'll come up with a list of your sound devices, make sure the one you're trying to use isn't disabled (right click to change that) if you're unsure which is yours, just enable them all lemme know if that helps at all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.188878/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time Earlier this afternoon I noticed that the sound on my Thinkpad W was no longer working I hadn t really done anything of note with my computer- just updated Adobe Reader to v that I can think of When I checked the notification area I saw this However when I right click and click quot Playback Devices quot I get the following I immediately checked Device Manager and found that everything appeared to be fine I tried uninstalled Device card error, be when Installed" to Audio Output "No installed is appears sound even correctly and "No Audio Output Device is Installed" error, even when sound card appears to be installed correctly reinstalling the Conexant and NVIDIA drivers as well as updating BIOS Nothing seems to help When try to use the mute volume buttons on the keyboard the speaker mute button lights up when pressed but the microphone mute and volume - buttons don t appear to do anything I ve also tried plugging in headphones and that does not make any difference When I boot from an Ubuntu CD however sound works fine so I don t think that it s a hardware issue Anything that you folks could do to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454709/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-error-even-when-sound-card-appears-to-be-installed-correctly/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello and thanks in advance for your time Earlier this afternoon I noticed that the sound on my Thinkpad W was no longer working I hadn't really done anything of note with my computer- just updated Adobe Reader to v that I can think of When I checked the notification area I saw this However when I right click and click quot Playback Devices quot I get the following I immediately checked Device Manager and found that everything appeared to be fine I tried uninstalled and reinstalling the Conexant and NVIDIA drivers as well as updating BIOS Nothing seems to help When try to use the mute volume buttons on the keyboard the speaker mute button lights up when pressed but the microphone mute and volume - buttons don't appear to do anything I've also tried plugging in headphones and that does not make any difference When I boot from an Ubuntu CD however sound works fine so I don't think that it's a hardware issue Anything that you folks could do to point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:No sound: No Audio Output Device is Installed, even when it is installed

The Red X on the speaker icon in the notification area means there are no speakers plugged into the Green Speaker out jack on the back of the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-even-when-it-is-installed-647102.html
Relevancy 95.46%

I have been trouble shooting my sound for quite some time with no results. I've deleted and reinstalled drivers, checked bios, etc. no luck.here are my speccy details:http://speccy.piriform.com/results/hABYADp66DTHtJPioAZ4aF0and here's an example of the messages i'm recieving.

A:No Audio Output Device Installed/ Audio Device Disabled

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413317/no-audio-output-device-installed-audio-device-disabled/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi, i just recently got my convertible laptop. I have found ou that the audio doesn't work due to there being no audio output device installed, and after researching, I found out that there was a problem with the the Intel SST Audio Device. The device status stated:  "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)There are no compatible drivers for this device.To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver." I tried updating the driver but the computer could not find any drivers for the device.  Can anybody fix this for me please? Thank You.

A:No Audio Output Device installed and Intel SST Audio Device ...

Hi @JD_gin?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and issues with sound drivers not installed correctly. In the Device Manager, right-click on Double-click on Sound, video, and game controllers and select all that are listed and uninstall the Driver Software. Here is the download to the Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driversp69248.exe. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! You could also try in the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that categoryRight-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-installed-and-Intel-SST-Audio-Device/td-p/5412572
Relevancy 95.46%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron E1505.

I have had no problems with it for several years; however, recently my computer has booted with a red 'X' on my audio and tells me that "No Audio Output Device is Installed." I checked my Drivers and my High Definition Sound and 2 Base System Device drivers have Yellow Question Marks by them. I tried to update the drivers manually but it says Windows Cannot Find Support for your Base System Device and it says my High Definition Audio is already up to date. I have also tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting Windows to let the system automatically search and update the drivers. This too has failed. I do not have my Windows 7 disc available at the moment to be able to do a clean install.

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

A:No Audio; Driver Downloads Fail and No Audio Output Device Installed

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/inspiron-e1505

Dell link to driver downloads. Start there for now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-driver-downloads-fail-and-no-audio-output-device-installed.1078253/
Relevancy 95.03%

No sound.
Little speaker with the red 'x' appeared yesterday
I have gone through the whole update drivers circus to no avail, my laptop can't detect that it has speakers built in so it doesn't bother finding a driver for them.

This is where I am at:
- Intel Display Audio is the only driver installed for sound
- This means that sound works when the laptop is plugged into an HDMI
- When HDMI is not plugged in, the computer cannot find the built in speakers.
- I have Linux on this system and audio does not work there as well

I would call this a broken chipset, but the fact that the computer still processes audio with the HDMI cable attached is confusing me. Also, the 'audio board' for this laptop has 2 usb ports attached to it, and those both work fine.

Any help would be appreciated

A:No Audio Output Device is installed, HDMI Audio Out Works

Hi welcome to the forum

first thing i would check is the bios to make sure it is enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/367886-no-audio-output-device-installed-hdmi-audio-out-works.html
Relevancy 94.17%

When I turn on my computer I have a red X on the speaker and it states NO OUTPUT AUDIO DEVICES INSTALLED.
If I shutdown and reboot my computer I get my sound back. I am using the HDMI to my TV.
This started about 3 weeks ago.I've updated my drivers and that didn't work.
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3034 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, 1293 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 698557 MB; H: Total - 953805 MB, Free - 792032 MB; I: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 91550 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG45ID, AAE27729-308, AZID844005ZL
Antivirus: Norton AntiVirus Online, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 94.17%

ok ive got the same problem as most perple.
my audio output fingy at the botom right say its not installed....help plz

A:no audio output device is installed

Originally Posted by mjlhughes

ok ive got the same problem as most perple.
my audio output fingy at the botom right say its not installed....help plz

Install the software for your sound card.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/259996-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Few days ago i bought a new pc and installed windows 7.Everything is great except for the fact that i dont have any sound.On sound icon there is a red circle with white x and say's no audio output is installed'.I've searched forums for anserws and failed.Try'ed reinstalling drivers,changing drivers.Nothing worked thought when you go on device manager it says its working properly.
It looks something like this:

High Definition Audio Device"
NVIDIA High Definition Audio

When i try update them,it says they are updated to the latest version.
Tryed to install realtek driver,but when i install it,reboot pc nothing happens

If there's any info you need to help me - ask.Thank you

A:No Audio Output Device is installed.

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/software-development/945304-no-audio-output-device-installed.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.945310/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello, everyone.

I've searched the forums for topics related to this and none seem to be able to help. In a nutshell, my sound isn't working properly. For the past few weeks the sound has been mostly non-existent. An "x" in a circle sits above my speaker icon, and it says "No Audio Output Device is installed." On rare occasions when I turn my laptop on, the sound has mysteriously resumed working. But as soon as my computer Sleeps or Hibernates, the sound is out again indefinitely. Any idea what I should do?

So you know, I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. My laptop is an HP Pavilion Entertainment PC, dv2500 series. I've tried the whole install new driver thing with the Device Manager, but it tells me all drivers are up to date. I've uploaded a few screenshots so you guys can see.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

A:No Audio Output Device is installed? Help, please!

Just was at HP's site... strange experience. In your system's spec sheet, the only hardware they list for your sound is Altec Lansing speakers. Conspicuously absent is the audio chip. I can't find any software for 7; however, looking through 64-bit Vista drivers I found you have the Conexant High-Def Audio chip (not familiar with it).

Do you happen to have any drivers similar? Conexant High-Definition SmartAudio 221 Driver HP Pavilion dv2945se Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

You don't need speaker drivers... you need drivers for the audio chip. That's why nothing is showing up under playback devices. Something strange is going on though, that's for sure. I've never heard of playback devices just up and disappearing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/166544-no-audio-output-device-installed-help-please.html
Relevancy 94.17%

hiiiiii...
i am having hcl leaptop and it had vista home premium
its sound is not working
and i have cheked everything. it shows speaker symbol with red X and it states no audio output device is installed
i have installed sound drivers many times and formated window twice
but problem still occurs...
Also device manager dosn't show any sound controller...
how can i resolve this problem.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.845032/
Relevancy 94.17%

I was using external speakers one day on my back up computer I unplugged and put them away when i was done I didn t use it for a month after that Now i have no sound and it says quot no audio output device is installed quot I tried a system restore and no luck i have done alot of research and no luck In my device manager i dont have a quot sound video and game controllers listed at all I dont have hardware and sound listed in my control panel I have been in the services looking to see if the audio is started and it is started but don t work I have windows vista home premium bit My laptop is an Acer aspire I have been to the acer site and tried downloading the audio driver but no luck This laptop has been wiped clean and dont have all the original acer things on it I am stuck and need help I don t have any of the original discs that came with this laptop since i bought from a person online Thanks in advance mkp nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

Hi i have had no problems with my audio on my vista 32, until i recently put 4GB ram into my computer, switched it on and works fine, only problem was i lost my audio/realtec, i dont know why this happened, and i am unsure how to correct it and get it working again, if anyone can suggest anything it would be most appreciated.

A:no audio output device is installed?

Originally Posted by micha115

Hi i have had no problems with my audio on my vista 32, until i recently put 4GB ram into my computer, switched it on and works fine, only problem was i lost my audio/realtec, i dont know why this happened, and i am unsure how to correct it and get it working again, if anyone can suggest anything it would be most appreciated.

can you check in the device manager and see if your audio controller is installed under sound, video and game controllers? right click computer and on the left, click on device manager, should looks something like this

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/205194-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I recently had to reinstall Vista Home Premium 32bit.
I have everything back in place except the audio

The Audio is listed as a
5.1 CH windows vista premium level HD audio
(via vt 1708S audio codec)
and I believe is integrated into the motherboard.

I have a red cross beside the speaker icon on the task bar.
And when I hover it say

"No audio output device is installed"

However, when I go into the section of Device Manager under Sound etc
it is listed as High Definition Audio device
and using 'properties' it tells me the device is working properly
and has the correct driver

I have tried updating the driver,
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device
I have search for new hardwear
I haver tried the microsoft repair tool to no avail.

It was working perfectly, I reinstalled Vista, and it ceased to work.

Any suggestion of where to from here would be appreciated.

Regards

A:No audio output device is installed

Hi alba100,

Let?s try run Microsoft fix-it to check if the services are enabled and drivers are installed properly: Automatically diagnose and fix Windows audio playback problems

If issue persists, please follow the link for detailed instructions: NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE INSTALLED....OR RED CROSS IN BOTTOM RIGHT HAND CORNER ON VOLUME CONTROL

Also if issue persists, please provide me the following information:

1. Does the computer have external sound card?
2. Did you try to download the drivers from vendor?s website?

Please post the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/298727-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi Yesterday my sound was working fine I walked away from my notebook for minutes and came back and the sound icon had a red X against it The error message when I hover over it is 'No Audio Output Device is installed' In Device Manager the error message for Realtek High Definition Audio is This device cannot start Code although there have been different error messages depending on where I am at with troubleshooting I have tried reinstalling RealTek drivers on Audio Output Device is installed No the sound card rolling back drivers using sound troubleshooter system restore etc with no luck I have also spoken to Windows support and they couldn't resolve the issue and suggested I contact the notebook manufacturer ASUS I tried doing this but ran into errors on their website Are there any further suggestions anyone could recommend that I try Some details of my system OS No Audio Output Device is installed Windows Home bit Manufacturer Model ASUS X LJ Processor i - U Ram GB Any help would be great Thanks Lawrence

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67552-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

This is my wife's sony vaio, and she has had this problem with no sound on her laptop, when checking the volume control it says no audio output device installed. In device manager it says that she has Intel display audio. I need major help here please.

A:no audio output device installed

You will need to reinstall the Sony provided sound drivers, as a first step. Go to Sony and get the drivers for the exact model PC. The Intel display audio is for HDMI, and not the regular PC sound.

Has it ever worked?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/285339-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,

I have tried following other suggestions on other threads, but to no avail. I have a Toshiba Satellite U405/Windows Vista 64. The sound stopped working a couple weeks back and it seems there are no longer any device drivers even listed for sound.

I have tried going into BIOS, but there is nothing listed for audio that is changeable. I have tried reinstalling the audio driver (conexant) but it comes up with an error message (driver installation failed, could not find the media device for this driver). I have also tried reinstalling the driver for the chipset, but same message.

I have also tried to get the mfg name of the motherboard via Everest, but it comes up as unknown.

The device manager list not longer has a sub-listing for sound, but there is a yellow flag next to 6T04 Adapter (Network Adapter).

Any suggestions for how to deal with this would be appreciated.
Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.846611/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi all I am sure this has been covered already. I am on a HP Compaq Presario F756NR, and I have the pain in the rear red x next to my speakers. I have reinstalled the drivers from the HP website and it didn't do anything. I am wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem. Thanks

A:No Audio Output Device Installed

What version of Windows? Older releases of XP (pre-SP2) had issues with a number of audio chipsets. Also, check in your Services that the Windows Audio service is running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.869381/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,
I have a Dell Latitude E6510  with windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit)
but it's sound is not working.
and this is its notification" No audio Output Device is installed"
I trying install driver audio for my Laptop E 6510 on dell Support but i can't. When i Installed drivers, and this is  notification " the hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package.The install will be aborted".
Hope You will support me soon. (sorry for my bad english)
Thanks & Regards
Kevin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19987437
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey .. I have a laptop and have a problem with my audio...
My laptop is an Acer 7520, and I have Windows 7 64-Bit installed.
Before continuing please read this thread since it describes my problem
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/903660-help-no-audio-output-device.html

I did the same things that guy tried..I mean ..I did everything possible to get the sound back.
I'm sure the Hardware is OK because sometimes the Audio starts working and when I restart it stops.
I don't want to format because I have very important stuff and can't copy them to anywhere ..
I also asked Acer and they meant that they can't answer because the original Windows ist Vista and I have
installed Windows 7.

Thanks for any help!

A:Help - No audio output device is installed!

biboman said:

Hey .. I have a laptop and have a problem with my audio...
My laptop is an Acer 7520, and I have Windows 7 64-Bit installed.
Before continuing please read this thread since it describes my problem
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/903660-help-no-audio-output-device.html

I did the same things that guy tried..I mean ..I did everything possible to get the sound back.
I'm sure the Hardware is OK because sometimes the Audio starts working and when I restart it stops.
I don't want to format because I have very important stuff and can't copy them to anywhere ..
I also asked Acer and they meant that they can't answer because the original Windows ist Vista and I have
installed Windows 7.

Thanks for any help!Click to expand...

This is probably as simple as an audio driver. Can you tell us your computer specs so we can locate one for you?
Ken J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-no-audio-output-device-is-installed.924189/
Relevancy 94.17%

I know this is probably the onemillionth time this has been posted but I like the personalized service everyone gets so now its my turn.
I just installed windows 7 on my laptop and I am getting the dreaded red x icon and the error message saying there is no audio device, and I cannot for the life of me figure out where to get a driver. After reading some other forums I realized that I also had no clue what I was doing so here is what I found after following some other peoples directions...

device manager>sound, video...>hd audio devices>properties>details>hardware ids:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0882&SUBSYS_1043020D&REV_1001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0882&SUBSYS_1043020D

Can anybody help me, or am I just doomed to have a mute laptop?
Cheers!

A:No Audio Output Device Installed...again

What is the actual device listed under...device manager>sound, video...>hd audio devices> ?

That's what your going to have to find a driver for, is the sound device. I assume your using onboard sound, and not a sound card?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/73391-no-audio-output-device-installed-again.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello This would be my second Topic on Bleeping Computer I Device Output Is Installed Audio No have a old HP DV us notebook computer I recently reformatted it from XP and added Windows Before adding Windows I have not No Audio Output Device Is Installed touched the computer in around years All I remember about the computer is that the audio was not working and I may have somehow manually uninstalled it Currently after adding Windows the computer works great except I have the message quot No Audio Output is Installed quot when I scroll my mouse over the audio in the task bar I have tried many things to get the audio back such as installing different versions older and newer of Realtek AC That did not solve the issue I have also tried installing the computers audio drivers on the Hewlett Packard website covenext That did not work either Lastly I tried going into device manager and manually selecting every audio device and that did not work I also tried using windows update to find the drivers and it couldn t When I open device manager I have Multimedia Audio Controller and PCI modem that have a yellow mark next to them My goal is to get the audio working If you know of any suggestions please help me out Thanks My Hardware ID s are PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A C amp REV PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS A C PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN amp DEV amp CC

A:No Audio Output Device Is Installed

As was asked at Computer Hope when you posted this question there, from where did you obtain the driver since HP doesn't provide Windows 7 drivers for your system?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/397832/no-audio-output-device-is-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, I think the model is either VPCCW17FX or PCG-61112L, and I sent it in last week to Best Buy to have them fix the fan. When I got it back, the sound would not work, and the little speaker icon in the corner just has a red x and says "no audio output device installed." When I go to the sound area in the control panel, it still says "no audio output device is installed." I went to Sony's site to get new drivers, but that doesn't appear to have worked. I don't know how the people at Best Buy messed this up when all they were doing is fixing the fan, but then again I don't know a whole lot about the inner workings of a computer.

Did you try to update from Device Manager?
Find audio device in device manager,right click on it and select Update driver software

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/138809-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

i CANT SEEM TO FIGURE OUT WAT THE PROBLEM IS IVE TRIED SO MANY THINGS CAN U HELP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.865328/
Relevancy 94.17%

I'm running Vista on a ThinkPad R61i. A few days ago, I started getting messages that the "on screen messaging system" wasn't working, my volume and mute buttons suddenly stopped functioning, and my audio went out completely. The volume control icon has an X beside it, and when I mouse over it, it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed."My audio had been working fine since I got the computer this spring, and I haven't uninstalled anything. Thoughts?

A:No Audio Output Device is Installed

I have the same issue. R61 on VISTA.  In addition to the audio, the system is not longer able to locate our ( or any ) wireless network.  The problem started on 6/9/08 after some type of automatic windows update took place.  System restore is not able to correct the problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-L-R-and-SL-series/No-Audio-Output-Device-is-Installed/td-p/25655
Relevancy 94.17%

I'm on an acer aspire 5920 using windows 7 64 bit and nothing I try works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled realtek drivers and restarted the laptop about 20 times. I even did a system restore that went through the motions but didn't work for some reason! When I check in the device manager and go to properties of the realtek high definition audio it tells me 'this device is working properly' and yet I've still got that irritating red icon in the corner that says 'audio device is disabled' when I click on it. Help!

come on computer geniuses, I NEED my sound back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-660996.html
Relevancy 94.17%

i have a HP Pavilion dv6000. i upgraded from windows vista to windows 7. there's a red X on my volume and it says no audio output device is installed. in the Device manager there is no sound, video and game option-in the sound device the playback is blank. i have no idea what to do. please help ASAP

You may need to upgrade your drivers. You can also run the sound diagnostics page to help pinpoint what the issue may be: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/no_sound/en-us

-- Ryan
Windows Outreach Team

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.980695/
Relevancy 94.17%

HALLLPPP Ok so I mananaged to get my Old HP PSC to work on my HP Pavillion a n with VISTA gave up on the scanning part Output Audio Installed Device No totally Bought and installed a new I O card to do this and tinkered for days NOW I realize No Audio Output Device Installed I have NO SOUND searched all of the threads and experimented with various and sundry but to no avail The speakers were old JBL PROs had been working changed them out for some old BOSTON speakers also No Audio Output Device Installed working on old Gateway still getting the quot No Audio Output Device Installed quot and don't even get a quot Sound and Video quot portion in Device Manager Tried downloading Realtek AC -Audio-Codec-driver-A as it was mentioned as a fix in another thread No joy Will installing another driver help this I can't see why the card would be damaged as the previous install didn't go near it I am not a total novice but small words would be helpful as my brainmatter is fried and not a lot of hair left on the head KateNY

Hi kate welcome to the forums, can you tell me if you have any devices in the device manager with a "?" on them? if you do, can you take a snip of them?

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/202146-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I log into my computer and my computer says that it has a vista Service package update to download
So I download it and it takes about 20 minutes and it restarts my computer. I log in and BAM! my audio is saying what I wrote in the title
So I looked into my programs to see if it may have been something that it installed but it didnt install anything that I could see

i HAVE A Windows Vista Home Premium
its model is a HP Pavilion dv9000

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/211127-no-audio-output-device-installed-o_o.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I updated my sound card using a updating software and it changed into Realtek HD Audio. Now the problem there is no sound coming out and my sound mixer said that "No Audio Output Device is installed" but i have my speaker plugged in and when i troubleshoot it the troubleshooter said that :Audio Device is disabled".

Any idea ?

try going to the manufacturer's website to download the latest driver. sometimes windows doesn't always find the best driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/188945-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I bought a generic computer It output device installed No audio had windows vista installed and it used to display a message that No audio output device is installed I recently installed windows home premium bit on it but it still says the same thing I went to properties of it and found following error message This device cannot start Code System specifications are manufacturer EMACHINES SYSTEM MODEL T TYPE X BASED PC BIOS VERSION INTEL CORP AG J A SMBIOS VERSION Hardware Abstraction Layer No audio output device installed version Sound Device Name High defintion audi device Manufacturer Microsoft status error PNP device id HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC No audio output device installed amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV- amp DRIVER C windows drivers hdaudio sys KB I downloaded and installed the intel chipset driver and then the RealTek driver from manufacturer website but that didn t solve the problem If I buy a sound card from a computer store No audio output device installed perhaps I will also get CD for driver installation with it If I put sound card in my system and install driver will the sound function start working thanks for the help

A:No audio output device installed

Sound is possibly disabled in the BIOS.
enter BIOS and check under advanced chipset features

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/184480-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and im having problems installing the Realtek sound driver that's compatable with my computer. Every time i install it it says i dont have acces to memory location. I tried every solution on the internet but nothing worked. Please help me, im desperate!

A:No Audio OUTPUT Device is installed

Quote: Originally Posted by eddyeshef

I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit and im having problems installing the Realtek sound driver that's compatable with my computer. Every time i install it it says i dont have acces to memory location. I tried every solution on the internet but nothing worked. Please help me, im desperate!

While you are waiting any chance you can give us your system specs, and what driver you are attempting to install (link to it please)

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/184059-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have an HP Pavillion laptop with Windows Vista My computer has worked great since I got it But a few days ago it did an auto update and when it restarted I got the red x over my sound icon and it says quot no audio output device is installed quot I contacted HP and they told me to reinstall the drivers and gave me a link for the Conextant HD sound driver I tried downloading it and I got an error saying that it can not download because the quot device for this driver is not found quot So then I began searching on the internet of ways to fix it I did a system restore to a few Installed! PLEASE tried ME! is Device No I've HELP everything... :( Output Audio days back Did not work I tried going to services and making sure that Windows Audio is started automatically which it is I tried uninstalling the audio program from control panel gt uninstall but when I click on it to uninstall it doesn PLEASE HELP ME! No Audio Output Device is Installed! I've tried everything... :( t do anything just sits there I also went to Control Panel gt Device Manager to see if I could expand the Sound Video and Game Controllers folder to unistall and reinstall but no such folder existed Then I went to Recovery Manager and selected hardware driver reinstall and chose my PLEASE HELP ME! No Audio Output Device is Installed! I've tried everything... :( driver and it worked PLEASE HELP ME! No Audio Output Device is Installed! I've tried everything... :( I was so happy Then today when I turned on my computer I had the same problem So I went through the Recovery Manager process again since it worked the first time and now when I try to reinstall it says quot media for this driver not found quot So now I feel like I have no hope left to fix my computer If you have any other solutions I would be very grateful to hear them Thanks so much Michelle nbsp

A:PLEASE HELP ME! No Audio Output Device is Installed! I've tried everything... :(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-no-audio-output-device-is-installed-ive-tried-everything.819682/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello,im having a problem with my computer-few days ago i bought a new computer and installed windows 7 ultimate.The problem is,there is no sound.On sound icon there is a x on it.Ive tryed everything:installing new drivers,tryed realtek and lot more.When i uninstall drivers
windows update installs new ones,and the message changes on the sound icon:no speakers or headphones are plugged in.

PC specs.

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II x4 635 Processor 2.90 Ghz
Installed memory: 2 Gb
System type : 32-bit operating system
Video Card:Nvidia GeForce GT 240.
Sound device: When i go to device manager on sound,video and game controllers it shows like this:
High Definition Audio Device

If there's any info you need-ask.Thank you.

What is make and model of PC?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.945304/
Relevancy 94.17%

ok so I just installed a service pack onto my laptop and all of a sudden I have no sound. It says "no audio output device installed". I am not happy about this, i have had nothing but problems using Vista which include having to load the OS discs more than once and these updates are created more and more problems and I this issue needs to be resolved asap because I use this computer for homework and some of that homework includes having to listen to sound bites. What will fix this issue? i have used Microsofts FIX IT thing and tried these how to fit it deals with no success.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a93fdb79-919d-4a56-87c2-d73383b39b1f/no-audio-output-device-is-installed?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi I have a compaq presario V which came installed with Windows Vista I recently upgraded my OS to Windows last month Today just like that the sound was lost while I was listening to a tutorial online The sound icon on the desktop taskbar says quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot When I trouble shoot it by clicking on it I get these messages and no other solution- Check audio device There might be a problem installed Audio is Device No Output with your audio device Hardware changes might not have been detected I went into Device Manager and tried to figure out whats wrong Under quot Other devices quot I see an exclamation with quot Coprocessor quot When I click on it this is what I see- Device type Other devices Manufacturer Unknown Location PCI bus device function Device Status The No Audio Output Device is installed drivers for this device are not installed Code To find a driver for this device click Update Driver When I click Update Driver windows is not able to find a driver even online I also cannot see any icon for sound audio devices under Device Manager I'm not sure what to do about this I'm not very tech savvy Can someone help me out with this problem Thank you

A:No Audio Output Device is installed

As this just happened, use the System Restore function and restore the PC back to an available restore date when it worked OK.

The coprocessor is a separate issue and most likely not related to sound.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/15468-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I ve been having this problem since Christmas and I still can t solve it I have no audio devices installed according to my PC It started when I changed oyt a MB stick of RAM for x GB sticks when I installed a new Buffalo External Hard Drive After installation of both the sound mysteriously went On XP SP or forget which at the time I had some Realtek Driver at the time and that vanished too I have tried reinstalling all Realtek audio drivers and codecs for my OS pre and post upgrade to W I ve installed No is Output Audio Device tried reenabling it in my BIOS but I m not No Audio Output Device is installed sure where to check for it there I tried upgrading to Windows which is why I decided to upgrade my RAM in the first place I ve ran diagnostics to no avail and I ve also tried various driver programs Does anybody know the solution to my problem My DxDiag report and relevant screenshots will be attached nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

Hi I m running vista on my hp g notebook amp this past month I ve been haunted with the dreaded red x over my volume with the quot no audio output device is installed quot Now when I say I ve tried all the easy solutions I really mean it eg device manager where neither my sound or modem where the Conexant amp HD audio are supposed to be are there recovery manager with the reinstall that says it is complete that does nothing services where I have reset the windows audio amp restarted to no avail All the above so called solutions have given Device Output Installed Audio No me the odd faint hope but only last for a minute maybe two before it would go again I have un installed the audio drivers when I got it back for a No Audio Output Device Installed minute amp downloaded the drivers from hp s site to no avail also I have a friend who would be more computer literate than me who tried amp failed amp he advised me to bite the bullet amp restore the factory settings which I did after a day of windows updates it came back amp lasted for a day amp gone again right back No Audio Output Device Installed where I started I really need some help here cause it is affecting my college work not having the audio Sorry for the long post but I m in dire straights here Any new ideas or help would be appreciated so much Thanks for reading quot if you did quot nbsp

This is beginning to sound like a hardware problem with your integrated sound on your motherboard. Does you lab top have enough room for the vents to dissipate the heat, do you keep your lab top elevated if the vents don't get enough room to vent the heat. There are several heat monitoring programs that I recently found out about called Speed Fan, Real Temp ,and CPUcool. CPUcool being the easiest to use. Install a heat monitoring program. Try letting the computer sit for a while, install driver if it works, note the temperatures. If it stops working during use, note the temperatures if they have changed drastically.

If it is the integrated sound, a cheaper solution might be a sound card. I don't have much experience with lab tops, I don't know if there are PCI fans or cooler fans for lab tops or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.967060/
Relevancy 94.17%

I used my computer two days ago in the morning to watch a video on Windows Media Player and all was normal Three hours later after a flight I turned it Installed No Output Audio Device is on and there is no audio -Speaker No Audio Output Device is Installed icon next to clock has a red X -Hovering over it displays quot No audio output device is installed quot -Clicking on it runs a troubleshoot the result of which is quot Audio Device is disabled not fixed quot -It provides no additional options -I am unable to go back to a restore point I tried and it failed twice now there are no additional restore points -right-clicking the X and selecting playback devices reveals this Speakers Conexant Smart Audio HD Default Device there is a green check if that means anything SPDIF Interface Conexant SmartAudio HD Ready -when I right-click on these the quot configure quot and quot test quot don't do anything -I already right-clicked the blank area below these two and checked quot show disabled devices quot and quot show disconnected devices quot neither affect this list -I am not finding any definitive fixes for this problem online -I have tried going into quot Services quot and restarting my quot windows audio quot and quot windows audio endpoint builder quot services Specs Toshiba Qosmio X Windows Home Premium bit Please help I am stuck in Thailand and would really like to skype my friends and family edit it looks like my streaming video is really choppy as well youtube etc but AVI files play smoothly the video only obv no audio

The green check should mean that the device is still working correctly.
By this I mean that the driver for the device is functioning as expected.

Therefore, it must be a setting within the audio software for your machine,
in this case being the Conexant Smart Audio, which also says that it is ready.

Check the driver for the device anyway by right clicking the speaker properties
button in the sound window and under the general tab->controller information click properties again. Then click on the levels tab in the speaker properties box and check that the audio output level is 100 and there is no red mark near the small blue speaker as there is with microphone and line in as shown in the image I have provided.

Last of all click on the advanced tab in speaker properties and if yours is similar to this image then uncheck the boxes under exclusive mode and then click on restore defaults. I have a very similar model to your machine and by clicking this button it will restore the sample rate and bit depth to be used when running in shared mode. Mine says 24bit 48000Hz (studio quality).

Sometimes these changes can occur due to the use of a particular program or programs being used at the same time or in conjunction with each other. Maybe
it has just happened by accident (went to sleep on plane and head hit keyboard!!!)

Hope this helps- let us know how you go

Cheers
Edit: Make sure in speakers properties box that under the general tab the device usage
is set at "Use this Device (enable)"

Attachment 185937 Attachment 185939

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/199861-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi

Computer: Dell Inspiron N5110

The other day, I realised my recording device wasn't working and I stupidly went to the Dell website to update my drivers. Since doing that, my audio/sound has now disabled, with the infamous red x and "No Audio Output Device is installed" error message. I've tried countless methods found to try to fix this, from restarting Windows audio to reinstalling my audio drivers (Dell and IDT, both), also updating them automatically via Device Manager - to no avail.

What is interesting is this, I can see the audio devices (as below) but there's still no sound.

Help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at the end of my tether!

Thank you in advance

Right click on Speaker IDT icon as shown by your image Select Disable then right click again then select enable. Do you have sound now? If so this is a known bug with Windows or the drivers. My girl friend has the same audio from IDT in which she had it cut out on her I would disable it then enable to fix it. My girl friends laptop does not do that anymore She has a Hp Probook 6455b. I believe it is a Windows bug with the IDT audio driver. Since then she does not have that issue. Perhaps an update was downloaded and installed to fix the issue I have no idea.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-668194.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey, guys.

When I hover my mouse over the speaker icon, "no audio output device is installed" appears. I still have sound. There's a red X in along with the speaker icon. When I troubleshoot, it fails and has error 0x8000FFFF. My sound card and microphone stuff are there when I check the devices, and they work. I still can adjust volume with my keyboard, but it starts the troubleshooter when I click the speaker. Help!

A:No audio output device is installed, but I do have one

Hi, i had kind of the same issue a few days ago when playing Left 4 Dead 2, i disabled my speaker in the Windows Control Panel and it gave me the same error. The difference being, I had no sound at all. Thought about doing a System Restore, but instead decided to reboot, reinstall my audio drivers (even though I was pretty sure i didnt need to), and then reboot again. My audio came back, no issues. This should work for you. If not then hit Start orb, type "Services" (no quotes), click on Services, and make sure the Windows Audio service is working. Also try going to Device Manager (use Start orb to search) and make sure there are no devices with yellow exclamation (!) points. If none of this works then theres not much else I can tell you. Hope this works!

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/247033-no-audio-output-device-installed-but-i-do-have-one.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi all Two days ago I have installed Windows I've is Output No installed device Audio installed all the drivers everything went fine except for the fact that there was no sound Since then I have No Audio Output device is installed reinstalled the system formatted disk C and re-installed No Audio Output device is installed it again and still there is no sound My motherboard is ASRock G M-VS and as fat as I know it has an onboard sound card In Device Manager under Sound video and game controllers I have quot High Definition Audio Device quot No question or exclamation marks nothing When I go to properties it tells me that quot This device is working properly quot And my drivers are up to date However in Control Panel Hardware and Sounds Sound it tells me that no audio devices are installed I have found many solutions to this problem online but none of them worked I've also enabled onboard sound in BIOS although there is no option there called quot Integrated Peripherals quot - and that's what most online guides told me to find But there was something about onboard sound so I enabled it but nothing changed But whatever I did there always was and is a little red cross on the speaker on the windows toolbar and when I choose it it says quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot Windows 's troubleshooter says that it can't identify the problem I'm not sure whether there is something really wrong or maybe I've missed something really simple and so I hope you'll be able to help me

A:No Audio Output device is installed

Go here ASRock > G41M-VS and select the version of Windows 7 you have either 64 ot 32 bit download the audio drivers and install them.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-672623.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Dear Good People,  I am a user of HP Probook 450 G3. Recently I installed Windows 7 in my notebook but it shows that "No Audio Device is Installed" and there is no audio output from my notebook. What should I do?? Besides I cannot find the others drivers such as blutooth, WLAN, Audio and every drivers. Would you please give me a path to find those?? My Product is: L6L06AVSerial of my Notebook: 5CD5527NX0

@jasim_bd? http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=7834518&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4053 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-Audio-Output-Device-is-installed/td-p/5727949
Relevancy 94.17%

I am having this issue with my Compaq F750us Laptop.

I am using Vista, and it states "No Audio output device is installed."

I go to device manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers has suddenly disappeared.

Reinstalling the driver did nothing to help the problem

Is it possible that the speakers were unplugged somehow? I do carry the laptop around with me.

It seems like my sound is gone forever....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.787676/
Relevancy 94.17%

So I have a Toshiba Satellite L and the whole thing that messed it up I'm guessing was because the battery died or something but when I got No Output installed! device Audio home the battery was dead so I plugged it in and suddenly there No Audio Output device installed! is no more audio I looked online for several solutions including trying to find the device in Device Manager the only thing I see is HD Audio Controller with a yellow mark I'm almost positive that I used to have Realtek but its not there anymore I tried going on the realtek site to re-download the device but at this point I get stuck because it No Audio Output device installed! downloads the drive that I need and starts up the wizard but when I restart my laptop its still showing no audio I've also tried recovery mode and trying to recover to a past date before the battery died and still no success giving me a window that said that It couldn't complete the recovery Any help would be welcomed and appreciated

A:No Audio Output device installed!

whats the full model number of the laptop? can get the drivers from toshiba Toshiba Support - Homepage

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-installed-684566.html
Relevancy 94.17%

No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED this is the message l got on sound icone since l installed windows l have downloaded it several time the latest one it shows on control panel but not on device manager l guess this is not really installed but l keep installing it and restat the laptop after ward howeve rnothing happens the sound work only on my external speaker but not on the external microphone - micro NOT WORKING AT ALL EITHER after l installed windows - l got a message on the task bar saying that PCI memory card was not installed l went INSTALLED DEVICE OUTPUT IS AUDIO No to toshiba and downloaded the utilities driver again so PCI memory is installed and nothing wrong shows on device manger this sounds ok before to instal it on device manager was a notice No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED that some 'basics card were missing'' now there is no yellow triangle there so l gues is ok however does not show realtek installed on device manger no sign of it there- so l cannot update it or even unistal No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED as nothing shows there this is a satellite U model- used to have windows vista lm tired of googling it and have clue how to sort No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED it out l have downloaded several other REALTEK or any card sound installed those that are accepted but nothing works on it please can any one help me with this issue my email many thanks in advance Carlavent

A:No AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED

Hello Carla,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

First off it is not wise to put an email address in your posts. It will attract tons of spam.

Was this an upgrade install or a clean install of Seven?

Gary

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/58474-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

My HP Pavillion dv6636nr, sound problem - No audio output device is installed.

1. I tried to contact HP online chat tech 3 times, problem remained, I tried the recovery manager, installed the Conexant high definition audio driver, but response is - Driver installation failed could not find the media device for this driver.

Tried Service.msc Window audio showed automatic. Window Fix it, none of them work.

2. This notebook came with Lightscribe DVD RW drive, it was not work for a while, I went on Hp.com support site, it went through Microsft Fix It, result was Matsu**bleep**a DVD ram driver installed, it can only read the dvd but can not write the DVD, it needs to be fixed.

Pls. help.--- [text removed - privacy concerns]

Honestly, Looks like everything has been tried...Just double checking Have you formatted and install the OS back? as from what I see that is the only thing left out...If the Audio card still does not working than we have hardware issue which is a big surprise, Audio card failure is rare....Same goes for not able to write DVDs, you have to test it post format and reinstall...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/No-audio-output-device-is-installed/td-p/325019
Relevancy 94.17%

HI ALL
i juz bought my brand new Acer desktop a few weeks ago
Acer Aspire M5200
a few days i go i realised tht theres a little red cross beside the Sound icon, sayin no audio output device is installed
i tried many solutions in the forum , but none would work out for me.
actually im not sure what sound card im using, but the motherboard im using is named: Acer RS780HVF
chipset: AMD 780G
i hv
ATI Radeon HDMI @ ATI RV635 - High Definition Audio Controller
ATI RS690 HDMI @ AMD RS780(M) Chipset - High Definition Audio Controller
ATI RS690 HDMI @ ATI SB700 - High Definition Audio Controller

under multimedia in the EVEREST software.
what should i do? i cant find the driver in the sites and there is not CDs along with the computer...please provide a solution

A:No audio output device is installed...what should i do?

Go here to verify your system's hardware:
https://secure3.tx.acer.com/FindSystem/FindSystem.aspx?title=Information About Your System

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-what-should-i-do.754329/
Relevancy 94.17%

I bought a generic computer which i was told has intel motherboard. It had windows vista installed and it used to display a message that No audio output device is installed . I recently installed windows 7 home premium 32 bit on it but it still says the same thing. I went to properties of it and found following error message.This device cannot start. (Code 10). any help will be greatly appreciated to resolve this issue. thanks

what is the exact name of the device that can not start?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/178009-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have been having this problem for about a month now. There is a red x over my sound saying no audio output device installed. I have tried everything I could find that worked for people on here. I have done the uninstall and restart and reinstall and getting the drivers etc. it keeps telling me no matter what I do it "failed". Even when windows tried fixing it. I have a hp pavilion zd8000 (yes i have tried hp's site) and it is a notebook. under my device manager it shows up with the yellow triangle with the exclamation point. I desperately want my sound back, help please!!

A:No audio output device installed?

I'd try the following:
1. Check to see that the sound is enabled in the BIOS.
2. Unistall the device from the device manager and let Windows find it again.

You may have a bad componet on your mobo that will require you to take it a local repair shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.830829/
Relevancy 94.17%

Good day everyone!
First time here in the forum and in desperate need of help with my audio.
My audio dissapeared one day and unable to find a fix. I tried re-installing audio drivers and downloaded the lastest drivers from Intel's website and still no solution. Audio in BIOS is enabled and also did BIOS update.
"NO AUDIO OUTPUT DEVICE IS INSTALLED" and missing "Sound, Video, and game controllers" from the device manager.
Maybe a special driver needed? or settings?
Here are my specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel DG33TL MB using built in audio/video.
Audio chipset IDT.
Help me please please please!!!

A:NO Audio Output Device is installed.

DG33TL, welcome to the forums.

I would start with updating/re-installing the chipset drivers,

Intel? Driver Update Utility

then see if it shows back in Device Manager, and then install the suadio driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95169-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Please, help me restore my audio to my Dell Latitude D830... the icon on the right bottom has the red X and it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed"... Thanks in advance!... Oz

A:No Audio Device Output is Installed

Hello Oz. Please tell us what operating system is on the laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19995909
Relevancy 94.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
RAM: 2814 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7000M / nForce 610M, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 107418 MB, Free - 45321 MB; D: Total - 35212 MB, Free - 22755 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Fuquene
Antivirus: None (Avast actually but not listed for some reason??)

Hello,

I have an ongoing problem which seems to be quite common but the solution appears very elusive.

1.Usually after a restart or warm boot I get the "No Audio Output Device is installed" message when the mouse is over the speaker symbol.
2. On the occasions when I don't have sound, the sound card is not listed in Device Manager.
3. I have downloaded several audio drivers from Acer's support site but none have worked (my notebook is Acer Aspire 5520).

Please help

Relevancy 94.17%

I read some of the other posts here, but i haven't been able to find a solution. I have a white "X" in a red circle on my speaker symbol and when I move my arrow over it it says "No audio output device installed". I am running windows 7 Pro just in case that matters. When I go to the sound in the control panel, it says No audio devices are installed. I know when I go into the device manager there should be a sound , video & game controllers but there is none. I also went into msinfo32 under components and when I go under sound device, there is nothing. Any Suggestions???

Did the audio ever work? Do you have built in audio on your motherboard or an audio card installed in one of the PCI slots (does the motherboard have audio inputs/outputs that are accessible on the upper part of the back panel with the ethernet, USB, and others? or are the audio jacks lower on a card held in by a screw?)? If the motherboard does have built in audio, is it enabled in BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-installed.173868/
Relevancy 94.17%

This seems to be a common issue, and I've looked and looked but nothing has solved my problem.

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite U305-S7467 running Windows Vista Home Premium.

There is a red x over the speaker icon, when I hover over the icon it says "No Audio Output Device is installed."

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers in and out of safe mode, using the windows updates that are supposed to fix the issue, countless restarts, but nothing has helped. In the device manager the driver isn't in the sound category, but there's a high definition audio device under the system devices category. I've uninstalled and reinstalled in plenty of times. Still nothing. I don't know what to do anymore.

Does anybody have anything to suggest? I really need my sound back!

Relevancy 94.17%

I'm doing a complete installation of Windows 7 32-bit. So far everything seems to be going well except for the sound. There is none. The little icon over on the right side said "No audio output device is installed". So I went to the Internet and downloaded the package for Realtek. BTW, the sound "card" is built into the motherboard. I did the installation, following all of the instructions, and then rebooted the system as it said to do. When the system came back up it still said "No audio output device is installed".

Would anybody have an idea as to what I've done wrong or what is wrong with my system? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Mark

A:No audio output device is installed...?!

Mark,

Have you tried installing the drivers that would have been bundled with the motherboard installation DVD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/311111-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

hi 
ihave a problem with my pc 
it's no have sound 
and no have multimedia audio controller in devie manenger pleas how to fix it all
no audio output device is installed 
how to install them

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f82a65dd-e07d-4b02-8cd2-aaeed7bc8432/no-audio-output-device-is-installed?forum=itprovistahardware
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a Compaq Presario F NR with Windows Vista and just yesterday apparently after a Windows update I have no audio The bottom right of the taskbar shows a red x next to the speaker symbol and when you scroll over it says quot No Audio Output Device is installed Device installed" "No is Output Audio quot I ve tried every solution suggested for this I ve seen on google and nothing seems to work -I went to the Compaq "No Audio Output Device is installed" site and downloaded the Conexant HD SmartAudio driver but it says it can t download because there is no audio device for this driver found -I tried the Compaq website suggested solution which is going to Windows Audio under services msc and making sure it is "No Audio Output Device is installed" started and set to start automatically this did not help -I tried a system restore and it didnt help -The top suggestion online seemed to be going in to the control panel classic view and disabling then enabling the sound under device manager However sound or anything similiar is not an option under device manager for me When i go in to sound under control panel it just says quot no audio devices are installed quot and there is no option to enable disable update anything So if anyone has any idea on what i should do here please help Thanks in advance

A:"No Audio Output Device is installed"

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-60534-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=2093&product=3682526&sw_lang=

If you downloaded the driver...and then attempted to install it from the desktop...unsuccessfully...I'd have to guess that your soundchip is not working.

I would go into the BIOS and ensure that onboard audio is enabled. I would also take note of any other hardware/BIOS situations that may have developed, the CMOS/RTC battery could be a cause.

http://www.insidemylaptop.com/disassemble-compaq-presario-f700-notebook/

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373711/no-audio-output-device-is-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello everyone Three days ago I lost the audio on my laptop I went to installed No is output audio device device manager and the driver RealTek No audio output device is installed HD audio driver was gone from the list I reinstalled it but an exclamation mark appeared in front of No audio output device is installed it with a code error message after installation and obviously no sound I ve tried updating the driver but the same message tells me that the version I have installed is the updated one I removed it and went to my manufacturer s site to download a compatible driver found RealTek AC audio driver but Windows won t let me install it it can t verify the software s signature or something I ve also tried system restore but no use I ve installed the original driver again using device manager add legacy software disable enable nothing Also I get an exclamation mark and a code error on other drivers in network adapters Microsoft ISATAP and Microsoft Tun Miniport I ve also tried a Microsoft Fix It tool to get the problem solved but to no avail Also I ve moved recently and left the recovery and instalation CDs behind I m at the end of my wits please someone help me I don t know that much about computers and I m lost Here s the information for my laptop Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA EQUIUM U Not Applicable W Antivirus None nbsp

Please guys, anyone know how to solve my problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.1011354/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have an old Dell Dimension 4550. It used to run XP but was recently upgraded to Vista. Now there's no sound anywhere. None detected anywhere. Device Manager has no "Sound, Video,..." I tried to install drivers from Dell website and Soundblaster is not compatible. Any ideas???

You should have checked the Dell website for the driver situation before going ahead with the OS upgrade.
Dell doesn't support Windows Vista on the Dimension 4550 (no compatible drivers) and only Dell has the correct drivers for Dell computer's.

As it's not a laptop you can fit a sound-card into a the AGP or PCI expansion slot. It will be supplied with Vista drivers on a CD if you buy one in a retail box and not a bare OEM one. You're just fortunate it's not a laptop as they don't have expansion slots.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.1068235/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello, I have exactly this problem :
No audio devices are installed
and in the end they say "to make sure that the power service is started and set to automatique", now my question: where ??? is this option to put the power service to automatique??? where can I find this in my Labtop?? Please step by step so I can find it. Thank you very much for your help ))

They are talking about the services in windows and they can be found by typing services.msc after hitting the start key on your keyboard. like my pic below but I don't know what specific power one they are talking about. Do you have any that are named similar that are disabled? If it is the one I show make it set to automatic and reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/346166-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
RAM: 3061 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238472 MB, Free - 151771 MB;
Motherboard: Gateway, , Rev1.89.22, V84MMNH1074LPF301X
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I have tried updating,reinstalling, downloading new drivers....nothing works to get sound on my laptop. At first I could just update the driver, restart and get sound for awhile....then have to do it all over again. Now I'm just confused...I need a new driver that will keep working. (ADS Instant HDTV pci). Can someone walk me through this?

If the hardware is disappearing from Device Manager and Windows is showing "no device installed", then most likely the hardware is failing/faulty. Windows can only install drivers for hardware that is detected. If the hardware is not detected, drivers can't/won't install and are unnecessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.995767/
Relevancy 94.17%

Have a HP laptop with Vista 64 bit. Reinstalled to factory setting, 3 or 4 times, "no audio output device installed". No sound/game controller in device manager, have rebooted, plugged & unplugged laptop, unable to delete Conextant. Lots of info & most is thru device manager. Obviously need lots of help!!!

Relevancy 94.17%

Alright well I ve been having this problem for idk how long It started last year for the first time and I fixed it not sure how tho Now over a year later I recovered my computer back to factory settings and I got a red X on the volume thing in the lower right corner of my screen Picture I found the correct driver to install from the manufacturers website Audio driver Its called Sigmatel High Definition Audio CODECS The problem is now Code - The device cannot start It has an yellow next to it in the device manager I have tried uninstalling the driver disabling and re-enabling it Nothing has worked I have even restarted my computer Check the device manager etc Specs amp OS Model W - Emachines Other stuff Red Code - No Device installed Is Output Audio The device cannot start Black Location - Would you think this has some reason since it says Location Blue Right click volume gt Playback gt This is what it says Baby Blue Device manager proof of on the audio device OS info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R D CPU GHz x No Audio Output Device Is installed Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G Express Chipset Family No Audio Output Device Is installed Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard i amp i amp Antivirus None nbsp

Relevancy 94.17%

I have searched the net for more than month Couldn t No Is Output Audio Installed Device find anything that would help So do not flame please I know there are topics like this but a bit differrent So I got this problem once got rid of it by uninstalling my audio device Realtek HD Audio after restart it was found automatically on logon and re-installed Had no problems with it for a few monts but got it again Wanted to do the same thing but when I got to control panel No Audio Output Device Is Installed there was no Sound and Video Controller suboption in it So I started looking for clues but everybody has the problem I had before and got rid of it easy as I did The sound was of the time off and sometimes it appearred On computer start It freaks me off really lol So I start my computer and have a speaker with a red X mark on it and it writes No audio output device is installed Dunno what to do Tried to reinstall the driver several times - not working I guess my sound card is the problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.873035/
Relevancy 94.17%

I'm pretty sure you guys have seen this before; sound icon with a little x over it. I tried Google-ing a solution but none of the suggestions I found there were helpful. I'm posting 2 pictures up to, maybe, give you guys an idea of what the issue can be.Additional information: the laptop at hand tries to install new drivers but fails everytime. No idea why. It tries to install a bluetooth driver.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No Audio Output Device is installed...

1) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?
2) Laptop drivers should always - and only - be obtained from the website of the laptop manufacturer. I suggest you go there and download the appropriate drivers and install them. You might want to start by downloading and reinstalling the chipset (or smbus) driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420970/no-audio-output-device-is-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

After starting my HP s7700n desktop I keep getting an error message saying that no audio output device is installed. When I download the current drivers from Realtek I keep getting the same thing.

For HP computers & laptops, you must install the sound driver which is available from HP's website, not from Realtek's website. HP computer's use modified, custom-made drivers which are available only from HP:
http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html

If you are not in the UK, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the appropriate country by clicking on the UK flag before proceeding.
Did you manage to solve your previous problem (XTZSE is compressed)?
I haven't been able to find any information to help you with that I'm afraid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.1042990/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey there i need help I have an HP windows vista and it worked fine and dandy until a couple weeks ago The screen didn't turn on and i got device is No installed... Audio Output an error code from the computer saying that the video card i had was shot which was a Nvidia GeForce LE So i get a new video card Nvidia GeForce GT and the screen works fine now but all audio is gone now There is an X symbol on the No Audio Output device is installed... volume control in the corner on the desktop It says in the Device Manager that we have NVIDIA High Definition Audio drivers But when i hover the mouse over the speaker in the corner next to the clock it says quot No Audio Output Device is installed quot I went to the Playback Devices and it says quot No audio devices installed quot I cannot access volume control and the speakers are plugged into the correct jack I also tried plugging the speakers into all the other jacks and it didnt work I tried using headphones in every jack All the correct drivers for the video card are installed and updated Still no sound As far as i can tell the old video card did not have a sound card on it and neither does the new one I've tried everything i even talked to several different people at computer stores and they have no clue I don't know how to switch to on-board audio but i heard that going into BIOS can screw up the computer badly I'm at a complete loss and am very frustrated I don't know what to do PLEASE HELP

A:No Audio Output device is installed...

try "uninstall" from "device manager"

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-612656.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA MCP M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta D None Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled No audio output device installed Have reformatted installed. audio No output device using recovery discs and recovery partition Always get red quot x quot over speaker amp quot no audio device etc quot no updates installed either No sound video amp game controller in device manager Also found that my modem device was not installed conextant HDAUDIO soft data fax modem with SMARTCp-in system info components there is no No audio output device installed. sound device The modem shows the HDAUDIO deviceID Modem attached to COM could not find COM anywhere Hope that s enough info to help me Have tried downloading drivers but all I get is failure no device installed Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.982045/
Relevancy 94.17%

I just woke up and saw this red X mark on my audio icon in taskbar, It was still running yesterday and i dont remember doing anything to be like this, can someone help me with this problem?

A:Help!! No Audio Output Device is Installed.

Did you try a reboot? If the Reboot didn't help, try a "refresh". Go to the Device Manager, Uninstall the Realtek audio but DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. Fixes lots of problems and may take care of yours.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/68856-help-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey guys,
Recently i have switched on my computer only to find that there is a little speaker in the bottom right hand corner with a X through it. It reads "No Audio Output Device is installed". There is No sound at all not even for headphones. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling my sound drivers and still nothing. I thought mabye i should reinstall the chipset drivers for my MoBo but there is none for windows 7. My MoBo is a Gigabyte GA-81E and i am using a onboard sound card. I have never had problems with it before. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you,
Ace

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-442844.html
Relevancy 94.17%

i have no sound from my computer at all. i have updated drivers, did the roll back thing and all gthat jazz. its been four months and im frustrated beyond belief. can anyone help me please.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-443729.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Ever since i downloaded a voice amplifier over the internet this thing has kept bugging me. From HD beats headphones to a big X over the sound icon at the show hidden icons bar. This is a major problem and has stayed there for a week now. Windows Trouble shooting cant also detect the problems. Any Ideas? :/

PS I uninstalled the amplifier afterwards but it's still not working

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried using a system restore point that dates back to the date/time that the program was installed? If one is present, you may try rolling the computer back to the date and time before you installed the application.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524592/no-audio-output-device-is-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

Okay, so i log onto my laptop one day and boom i get this error and have no sound...ive tried for hours and hours trying to do the options online and nothing seems to be working...called HP and my warranty is gone so they wount help me...So my last hope is you guys..

Ok my laptop audio runs a conexant, but for some reason i dont have it installed and i dont recall unistalling it.
when i tried to reinstall it via device manager 'add legacy hardware'in the middle of the download it crashes my cpu...
and when i log into safemode everything is there and working perfectly...
also when i went into the hp website and tried downloading it there it would crash and say i dont have the right media device for this. and im not quite sure what that means and HP wount help me(bastards)...so please help guys!

oh if it helps i run a hp compaq presario f700 series

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-500592.html
Relevancy 94.17%

All right I know this is a pretty common problem and it's probably been asked a lot but my case seems to be a bit different than anyone else's A while back I downloaded a registry Output No Audio Installed Device file to try to get sound in safe mode Stupid I know No Audio Output Device Installed Anyway it didn't work but ever since then my sound has not worked in normal mode either Earlier today I went to device manager and looked and saw there was no Sound Video Game Controllers installed Anyway I went and got the Realtek Driver for my Gateway GT and tried to install and I don't know what happened but it didn't seem No Audio Output Device Installed to work Then I attempted to install the Legacy driver and that worked but now it's saying quot the device cannot start Code quot I'm not really sure where to go from here If you want I can supply a link to the registry file that seemingly screwed it up and maybe we can work from there

perform a factory recovery after backing up all your files to another drive.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-installed-598403.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a Compaq Presario F700 laptop and i am unable to find or use the audio device that was originally installed onto this computer. Recently, after years of my laptop not working, i finally fixed it but my internet wasn't working (until i got a wireless usb adapter), my cd/dvd drive not working, and my sound was also not working. My audio driver is from Conexant.

A:no audio output device not installed! HELP!

Howdy,

OK Vista but is it 32bit or 64bit?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-not-installed-help.1123513/
Relevancy 94.17%

help , i know ive tried everything , can someone anyone please help me ?i have an acer aspire 4520 laptop . i just dont know what to do

Hi what exactly is the problem, is it that you don't physically have a soundcard installed or is it that you are getting an error reporting that you have no sound hardware installed? if it's the latter then there are a couple of options one is that you have no drivers for the soundcard or they are corrupt or not up to date, and the other is that you don't actually have a soundcard installed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-installed.872636/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hi,
I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 running Windows 10 64-bit. It was fine for a month or so but last night suddenly audio stopped working with a message "No Audio Output Device is Installed," so I tried reinstalling the audio driver (downloaded from dell website named Audio_Driver_J0W2G_WN32_6.0.1.7737_A05) and it didn't work. Then I downloaded drivers from Reatek website and those didn't work either. I reinstalled a fresh (clean) copy of Windows 10 and it still wont recognize the audio device. Please help!
Thank you!
Rameez

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19974502
Relevancy 94.17%

I have no sound out of a sudden. I checked my Device Manager but can't find anything related to sound. Please help!

The first suggestion is to use System Restore and restore the PC back to a date when it did work.

System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools. Select an available restore date that is PRIOR to whatever happened.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/299248-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 94.17%

been at it all day fitted a relacment motherboard and this is my only problem.
obvious I've done all the simple stuff and downloaded a million drivers that have all done nothing the problem is there is no listing in device manager for sound!!
any ideas?

A:No Audio device output installed

Is the motherboard new?
IS it on board audio or a PCI card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-device-output-installed-608858.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello all I have a HP Pavilion g laptop running Windows Back in May upon starting my computer a red X appeared over my sound icon I figured something was wrong but couldn't find what it was so I did a system restore Tada everything was fine That would work for a few days then the red X was back Eventually the restore day that I was able to set it to was no longer available and here it !!!! No Help Output installed Audio Device is a day from August and Help !!!! No Audio Output Device installed I still have no speakers I looked in the Device Manager and there are yellow triangles over the High Definition Audio Controllers and the Composite BUS Enumerator The Audio controller has a message in the device status that says Window cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged or that might be malicious software from an unknown source I haven't the slightest clue as to what happened The only thing I can remember happening before the change was a Windows update Please help Thanx in advance

A:Help !!!! No Audio Output Device installed

G'day Aisha, and Welcome to BC.

Go to device manager and Uninstall the items which have yellow triangles beside them. (right click, select uninstall, then confirm)

Then reboot.

If the gods are smiling today then windows should install new drivers where necessary, automatically.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/542907/help-no-audio-output-device-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have been dealing with this for the last week and nothing i try works. I have a KA3 MVP elite group mother board with intergrated sound. An athlon x2 4800, 2g ram. Audio was working fine, opened up my tower, ran some HDD checks in BIOS, now vista reads "no audio output device installed", Tryed update/uninstall/reinstall drivers-no good, checked hardware no problems. Vista doesn't recognize any audio devices tried refreshing and no change. I have been all over multiple forum and tried all kinds of wacky thing with no luck. This is starting to drive me crazy!!!
PLEASE HELP!!

Hello

I had this problem a while ago when my computer crashed after attack of trojans... i couldn't figure out how to sort it out... neither could a professional!

The best that i could do was to bring it back to the time that it was working properly using system restore.

Going to the start panel and typing in system restore and finding the date that it was working properly then let it do its stuff.

This shouldnt affect any documents but just incase BACK THEM UP!!

hope this helped

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.871119/
Relevancy 94.17%

i have not sound the players programs does not work no device installed output audio just the volume control has the message no audio output device installed in other topic make mention to run some programs and got the log files attached appreciate your help to fix this issue MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by SAMSUNG administrator on - - at Running from C Users SAMSUNG Downloads Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Model RC Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO LTD Boot Mode Normal IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Hosts content IP Configuration Intel reg Centrino reg Advanced-N AGN Wireless Network Connection Connected Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Local Area Connection Media disconnected Intel reg Centrino reg WiMAX Local Area Connection Media disconnected Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Network Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled add address name Wireless Network Connection address mask popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name SAMSUNG-PC Primary Dns no audio output device installed Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List bancomer com Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address - - - -B - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix bancomer com Description Intel reg Centrino reg Advanced-N AGN Physical Address - - - -B - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc b e feb e b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday January PM Lease Expires Monday January AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- F- - -E - - -A - - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel reg Centrino reg WiMAX Physical Address -D -DA- -BC- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address E - - -A - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap bancomer com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server dsldevice bancomer com Address Name google com Addresses f b Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server dsldevice bancomer com Address Name yahoo com Addresses a c a c a Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Interface List b d Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter b c Intel reg Centrino reg Advanced-N AGN d da bc Intel reg Centrino reg WiMAX e a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Software Loopback Interface e Teredo Tunneling ... Read more

Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/602094/no-audio-output-device-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

hello i need help. i had windows xp, i installed windows 7 and all my sound its gone. where the volume is its as no audio output device installed. i check device manager and there is no audio. i tried to install realtek and other and nothing seems to work. help please thanksss

First of need more info about your machine
make model process ram mobo

If you have clean installed the windows 7 then you will have to download the drivers from the manufacturer or the motherboard or the maker of the computer
Also, have you tried updating windows and restarted because most of the times it will pick up the generic drivers for all your hardware

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-installed-589875.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have an HP Pavilion dv9727cl with windows vista home edition.
I was having problems with my sound going in and out, so i resorted to uninstalling the Conexant High Definition Audio driver in my devices tab, under Sound, Video, Game controller tab. Im not sure if i deleted it or not, i was in a panic and wasnt paying attention to what i was doing. Now the Sound, Video, Game Controller tab is missing. I have tried downloading the chipset, restarting, downloading the conexant driver, but at the end of the driver download i get the message "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver"

If i did delete the Conexant High Definition Audio, is there any way to get it back?

Help!

Hi here is your driver page at hp try downloading the driver then go to device manager and try scanning for hardware changes,now try pointing windows to the driver from device manager with update driver choose the second option to install from a specific place and browse to where the driver was downloaded http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&product=3647026&lang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-output-device-is-installed.896287/
Relevancy 94.17%

When I go to problem device I get this

High Definition Audio Controller PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4383&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_00\3&2411E6FE&3&A2 This device cannot start.
Realtek High Definition Audio ROOT\MEDIA\0000 This device cannot start.

Your description of the hardware in your post sounds like a device manager properties dialog. Try to update driver software through device manager (right click my computer >> properties >> device manager (navigation dependent on OS)).If you right click the device in the device manager and select "update driver software", that could fix it. You can also try uninstalling, then re-installing the device through the device manager.

Oh, I just noticed the name of that text file from dxdiag so you probably weren't in the device manager. Go to the device manager and try what I posted above.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-output-device-installed.173869/
Relevancy 94.17%

Good Day,

Yesterday morning (Saturday, August 7th) i started my laptop, plugged in my iPod to charge by USB, only to be given the message that iTunes did not detect any audio playback.

The volume icon in the taskbar has a red "x" over it, with the message "No Audio Output Device Is Installed" and also there is no option for "Sound, video and game controller" in the Device Manager.

I went to HP's website & tried to download/re-install the audio drivers, but received the message "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver" for the Conexant High-Definition Audio Driver and "No driver was supported in this driver package" for the Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver.

I have also tried:Deleting iTunes
Deleting Quicktime
System Restore
Reloading Windows 7

Laptop is an HP Pavilion dv9812us.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-output-device-is-installed-504464.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Now I know that there are other places for recommendations on this problem and i've Audio Installed Output Device No is tried a dozen of them Here's what I've tried No Audio Output Device is Installed uninstalling and reinstalling the HD Audio Device Driver from the device manager it uninstalls then fails to reinstall leaving me where I started Going through the BIOS to turn on something disabled about audio went through all the menus and didn't see anything related to audio opened the services list and checked that windows audio was turned on it was clicked on the audio thing with the red x and let it try and install itself it recommends to reinstall the driver like mentioned earlier and it fails ran windows update i'm completely up to date according to it restarted my computer something like times The computer is old but we recently installed windows It was originall an XP machine then a Linux Ubuntu now its a windows The installation is fresh and I don't think there should be any real spyware or virus problems this is just something I've neglected to install when I updated to windows My best guess would be a compatibility issue with the old hardware and the new OS The speakers are Medion NXT Can't find any other labels on them besides that

could you go to Device Manager and see does any yellow or red exclamation there? if yes, does any error number on it?
please open sound, video and game controllers tree  and open your audio device manager properties
on Driver tab, please tell Driver Provider and Driver Version on your next post.
On Detail tab, please scroll down Hardware Ids, please copy it and paste it on next post

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528198/no-audio-output-device-is-installed/
Relevancy 94.17%

i have no sound when i hover the cursor over the sound icon it says "no audio output device is installed" i tried everythinggg. i installed nd unistalled it. i downloaded all this stuff nd still didnt work. i followed ALOT of instructions nd none of them worked. iii am getting VERY frustrated. help plz? !! !!

Relevancy 94.17%

My laptop has no sound, the sound icon has a red x.Don't know what to do, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60, x64 Family 15 Model 104 Stepping 2
RAM: 3006 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M, 64 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 190779 MB, Free - 76037 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30CF
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled