Windows Support Forum

Wireless network connection trouble

Q: Wireless network connection trouble

OS Windows Ultimate SP -bit PC Compaq Laptop Intel Dual CPU GHz Network Adapters Atherose AR WiFi Adapter Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter Wireless Router Belkin Trouble In normal windows start up with wireless router on and internet connected The system will run very slow sluggish programs will hang or not Wireless trouble network connection open not responding This includes the task manager Browsers will not open or operate normally The system will not operate normally If you press the WiFi connection button on the laptop next to the power button it will turn from blue on to orange off then will turn right back on by it s self will not Wireless network connection trouble stay off Have tried I have started the system in Safe Mode with Networking The system runs normally programs open close browsers operate normally and the WiFi connection button operates normally Note I have another laptop that uses the Belkin wireless router with no trouble I have shut off Avast Antivirus and Zone Alarm Firewall eventually uninstalled Zone Alarm Went to the Device Manager and updated Disabled and Enabled Network Adapters restarting OS of course No help I have deleted the Belkin Wireless Network Connection restarted the OS then created a new connection No help I have posted in the Forums thinking it was a Virus Trojan or other Nothing was found and was referred to this section of the Forum Any suggestions Thanks Linda nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wireless network connection trouble

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Wireless network connection trouble

programs will hang or not open ( not responding ). This includes the task manager. Browsers will not open or operate normally. The system will not operate normally.Click to expand...

hmm, that sounds like other issues than just WiFi - - did someone have you run the standalone MSRT?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-trouble.183790/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have been using the G connection on this computer since I got it now I would like to connect to a wireless signal but have been unable to I get an error msg that says quot there might be a problem with the driver for the wireless network connection adapter quot I have only used the regular wireless connection once -before I got the G working which took some doing- and ever since that I have been unable to connect to a wifi signal I checked and it looks like the driver for the above is up to date Any help MUCH appreciated Matt Toshiba Netbook NB Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Starter bit Processor Intel R Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator Mb Hard Drives C Connection Trouble 3G/Wireless Network Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA NPVAA 3G/Wireless Network Connection Trouble AB Antivirus Panda Cloud Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 76.11%

Can't connect to wireless router on dell running windows 7. When in command, ipconfig it shows wlan wireless network connection: media disconnected. Further down in the script it shows tunnel adapter: media disconnected. Have 2 other laptops that connect fine. Help please, Thanks

A:Windows 7 Wireless network connection trouble

and welcome to the Forum

Check to be sure the Wireless radio is turned on . . usually a conbination of the Blue FN key and one of the top keys with an image of an antennea . . it can also have a switch on the laptop body that turns the wireles on and off

What model is the Dell?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wireless-network-connection-trouble-507995.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello laptop wireless Solved: connection trouble to network I reinstalled windows xp sp on a old laptop Everything went fine except for internet connectivity I have a wireless network to which I connect several computers and devices and everything works like it should When I try to connect my laptop to this network it fails Every seconds it goes from not connected to acquiring network address I am sure that the key is Solved: trouble connection laptop to wireless network correct I am sure that my router is belkin router is wireless G and so is the Ralink Solved: trouble connection laptop to wireless network RT card I am also sure that I have not white listed MAC addresses so my laptop won t connect Basically I have done every simple thing that perhaps could be Solved: trouble connection laptop to wireless network causing the problem Does anyone have any tips for me Regards -Demonon Here is what ipconfig all has to say Windows IP Configuration Host Name behzad- e e Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Ralink RT Wireless LAN Card Physical Address - - - -E - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

I'm having issues connecting to a secure wireless network. Network key is definitely correct. I'm running Windows XP...and using a Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-Card. Things are set to acquire address automatically. When I try to connect though, I get stuck on "acquiring network address"

I've never had issues connecting to any other wireless network before, and am fairly confident this is not a hardware issue.

I'm really not technical...so I don't even know where to start wrt troubleshooting...or what other info to provide here.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Trouble connecting to wireless network...can't acquire network address

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network-cant-acquire-network-address.837022/
Relevancy 60.2%

I know I ve seen this title a few times on here but none lead to my specific problem I have wireless on my machine which connects to my boyfriend s machine My Wireless Connection With Trouble network connection shows VERY GOOD but I cannot get any applications to connect with the internet I removed the wireless application using REMOVE in the Control Page then when I tried to re-install it tells me everything drivers etc are already installed and try using the uninstall in the program I have reset the modem I ve unplugged my machine and re-started it I ve tried everything I can Trouble With Wireless Connection and still no luck I did see in this forum that being far away from the modem can change some things I m upstairs and boyfriend s machine and modem are downstairs He is hardwired into a cable modem Gig Pentium Windows XP Professional HP printer No other weird programs I m not a gamer so nothing weird there Help Thanks evenstarjm nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hi I have been using my HP dv us laptop to connect to the internet wirelessly without trouble until a week ago A few weeks ago I brought it over to my boyfriend's house connected to Wireless Connection Trouble a local unsecured network and it was fine In the last two weeks Wireless Connection Trouble I decided to set up a network with his computer so I didn't have to use someone else's wireless I connected a wireless router to his cable Wireless Connection Trouble modem and everything worked fine The computers joined up like they'd known each other for years That lasted one day The next day that connection Wireless Connection Trouble was lost and my laptop lost it's ability to connect to other wireless networks also I can see them in the list they are of good strength but when I try to connect it attempts briefly and just says it can't The network with his connection may be due to Comcast being finicky or my wireless router I suspect I'll be tackling those problems next but for now I would be happy to have my wireless connection functional again I have tried changing settings and restarting no luck I have updated the drivers for the wireless adapter which is a Broadcom b g I rolled back the driver which only seemed to weaken the strength of the available networks I am nearing the point of insanity trying to figure out what is causing this To complicate things I installed some of the recent windows updates for my computer both two weeks ago not sure if the problem was before this or after and then again in the last day or so Nothing has helped and I am clueless at this point Anyone have any helpful suggestions Any would be appreciated Thanks K

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/195753-wireless-connection-trouble.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My ThinkPad T with Windows XP Professional SP cannot connect wirelessly I can enable the card view available networks and attempt to connect However it cannot acquire a network address on any wireless network home college My Wireless Connection Trouble with Starbucks hotels etc most of the time When it does connect I get the Limited to no connectivity popup leading me to believe that the problem is on my end I have updated Trouble with My Wireless Connection my drivers uninstalled reinstalled the network card performed release renew using ipconfig in the cmd prompt and did a TCP IP stack repair Whenever I try release renew in cmd it says that there is an hardware error I have an Intel PRO MT Mobile Networking Card and an Intel PRO Wireless BG Wireless Card I was referred to this thread by johnwill in networking who feels that some malware is messing with my stack setttings Our dialogue Trouble with My Wireless Connection is at http www techsupportforum com f ml post Here's my log The extra txt file is attached Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Tyler on - - Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Restore -------------------------------------------------------------- Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - System Checkpoint - - UTC - RP - Installed GMATPrep TM -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP - Removed Norton WMI Update Backed up registry hives Performed disk cleanup System Drive C has GiB less than free -- HijackThis run as Tyler exe ----------------------------------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files IBM IBM Rapid Restore Ultra rrpcsb exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c program files lenovo system update suservice exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System TPHDEXLG exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C Program Files ThinkPad UltraNav Wizard UNavTray EXE C IBMTOOLS UTILS ibmprc exe C WINDOWS system RunDll exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA DIMENS D exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader Reader sl exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCTRAY EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE C Program F... Read more

Relevancy 60.2%

I am running Windows 7 on an HP Pavillion dv2000

My computer is not recognizing any wireless connections. When I start my computer up, the bottom right corner shows my connection option as the red x through the wire. Usually if I cannot connect to wireless, it would show the wireless symbol with an x. I am currently connected through an ethernet cable. My other computers, phone, and xbox live all are working fine, so I know it is just the computer.

i uploaded a picture of the bottom right of my screen just to clarify.

Any advice would be appreciated!

A:trouble with wireless connection

this may be simple, but when you cannot connect to a wireless network, is your ethernet cable plugged into your laptop? I noticed on mine yesterday that wireless doesn't show up at the same time that ethernet cable is in your LAN port. Try disconnecting the ethernet cable and restarting the computer.
You should also check Control panel - Network and sharing center - change adapter setting to see if there is an exclamation point on your wireless card.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408877/trouble-with-wireless-connection/
Relevancy 59.77%

So trouble and Bridging Wireless network LAN network I m trying to bridge my Wireless connection and local area connection to get internet to my XBox I ve done this plenty of times in the past but for some reason it isn t working Running Windows I go in to quot Change adapter settings quot Bridging LAN network and Wireless network trouble then go in to the properties of my Wireless Network Connection click on the Sharing tab and then check the box that says quot Allow other network users to connect through this computer s Internet connection I then click on the drop down menu to select my Local Area Connection and click OK This is where the problem occurs because an error pops up that says quot An error has occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot I have never had this error pop up before and I don t know where I can download this service if that is what I have to do I know the simple solution would be to just plug the directly in to the router but our router is located upstairs because a roommate of mine has a desktop and needs to connect directly in his room Please and thank you for the help nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

Hello Please help I have been trying to quot fix quot this issue on my laptop IP Valid Con Area Connection/Wireless a Have Local Solved: Network Connection Doesn't for the past month on and off I have been using other sources to access the internet reading up on resolutions on this issue and all kinds of forums I am knowledgeable but not able to understand some of the fixes and terms that I have come across I feel like I ve tried everything and still I cannot access the internet on my PC wired or wireless I have a Toshiba Satellite L -GS I tried to release amp renew my ipconig Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con Please see below for ipconfig Please help C windows system gt ipconfig release Windows IP Configuration No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Default Gateway Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix C windows system gt ipconfig renew Windows IP Configuration An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection unable to contact your DHCP server Request has timed out No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media di sconnected C windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name jpharvey -PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PC I-E NIC Physical Address - -B -B -B - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c ee b d Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - C- C- - - - C- C- -E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - C- C- -E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap hsd nj comcast net Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E -E CD- F - -AE A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Solved: Local Area Connection/Wireless Network Connection Doesn't Have a Valid IP Con

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-local-area-connection-wireless-network-connection-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-con.1016512/
Relevancy 59.34%

I need help. I am connecting to the internet using a linksys wireless connection that is available to me. The problem I am having is sometimes when I try to connect to Mozilla/Firefox or IE I get the message cannot connect to wireless.colubris300.com because it does not have valid credentials. When I click on accept one time I get one of the local wireless internet providers home/sign-up page. This message has even broken into my connection while I am surfing or downloading from a web site. I have contacted the owner of this site and he tells me that what is happening is impossible and that I do not know what I am talking about. Since I cannot get rid of the the owner I need help getting rid of this problem.

Ed/A

A:Trouble w/local wireless connection

"... using a linksys wireless connection that is available to me."

Sounds like you are illegally free loading on a neighbor's unsecured network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-w-local-wireless-connection.690768/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have been having trouble with my wireless connection in vista. It hangs at identifying, and when I ran the diagnostic tool included with my laptop, it tells me that it is failing to aquire and IP from the router. At first I thought it might have been a driver problem but I have a second USB wireless card that I use for linux support, and it has the exact same problem. I also downloaded a Linux live distro, and I have absolutely NO problems connecting ever. This seems to be a windows related issue, any ideas on how to fix it so that I can reliably connect to my AP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-wireless-connection-only-in-vista.834118/
Relevancy 59.34%

Please bear with me while I explain this story as it has multiple components any of which may be causing this problem I recently moved into a new apartment and I ve tried connecting to the wireless internet with no luck Or it will Wireless Laptop Trouble on With Connection My let me connect and appear to be working but when I open a browser either IE or Trouble With Wireless Connection on My Laptop Firefox it looses the connection I ve taken the next logical steps but when I try to repair the connection it tells me that it cannot repair the connection because it cannot renew the IP address After searching online I ve found all kinds of suggestions on what to do run cmd ipconfig release renew etc download and run Winsock repair make sure the wireless raido is on it is Still nothing My roommate has no issue so I m certain the problem isn t with the router I m also not able to connect directly via an ethernet cable the modem router is located in the landlord s apartment downstairs For the past three years I ve connected primarily through a broadband card because I travel a lot and it s just as easy to use it from home as anything else However this apartment must have walls of lead because I get terrible connection with the card and the cell phone I m not having any problems connecting with the broadband card so I feel like the issue must be with my wireless connection in the computer I m at my wits end and don t know what else to do Does anybody have any suggestions nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-with-wireless-connection-on-my-laptop.136756/
Relevancy 59.34%

Fine using a wired ethernet connection, but when we attempt to use wireless no connection what so ever. Both laptops are running windows 7. Really am stuck and have no clue how to do much computer wise. Tell me what you need and how to do it and i'll post otherwise this is all I have atm.

A:Having trouble getting a connection for LAN gaming over wireless

Please post ipconfig results with wired connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/having-trouble-getting-a-connection-for-lan-gaming-over-wireless.177854/
Relevancy 59.34%

My dads computer, which is in the basement, is pretty far from the router, 2 floors up; however, he could connect as of a few months ago. He got a new pc, which got infected, but I fixed that. He can connect only a few times a week. Seems like it's the signal but there's always been a somewhat weak signal down there. I don't get why now it's all the sudden worse.
Let me know any specs you need.

A:Wireless connection-trouble connecting

Have you moved the PC and wireless aerial OR the Router and aerial - even a slight change can make a difference
OR
someone else has now installed a wireless signal in your area on an overlap channel and that is interfering

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Then run the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-trouble-connecting.920952/
Relevancy 59.34%

My work laptop is having problems connection with internet.
My computer Wind. xp pro. My aircard Sprint PCS Vision Sierra Wireless 597E modem device.
These computers and aircards work fine in OKC(with my job). in my home area(boondocks), there are no Sprint towers. I talked to my local phone company that all the aircards have to use and they talked about many internet providers using their towers, including Sprint. They also said if my aircard is static IP, that they don't have this. I don't know what this means.
My air card says connecting and then disconnected, repeatedly over and over, early in the day. But in the evenings(when I am not trying to work), the internet is able to connect to the internet. To me, sounds like to much traffic trying to connect with the towers.
Can you give me advice on what I can do to connect.?

A:wireless internet connection trouble

Change ISP providers I would imagine. You have described a classic bottleneck of the resources of your wireless carrier.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-trouble.731321/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a problem holding my connection When I start the laptop the connection is not there its most annoying but both the laptop manufacturer and the connection lapton Wireless trouble ISP Wireless lapton trouble connection say its not them Toshiba wireless Laptop with BT broadband on Voyager Wireless network available but not mine Diagnose and repair says there might be a problem with one or more network adaptors plug cable into network adaptor Conifree - Wireless network connection Repair Wireless lapton trouble connection reset IP address Does nothing If I plug the laptop directly into the Voyager with the thick yellow cable it connects Once I get a connection it holds it for sometimes all day but more often than not it will drop connection There is another laptop in the house which has an external wireless adaptor and that has no trouble in getting a connection The laptop was returned to the manufacture for a different problem but I said I was getting problems They said there was nothing wrong and it had been tested I contacted BT who took remote control times since Xmas and they say it s a problem with the wireless part in the computer in fact once they said that my laptop did not had a wireless component I really would like somebody to tell me which is the problem nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
I have an old modem and router and over the past three days or so the connection keeps going. I'm completely unable to surf the web when trying to go wireless because when I try to connect to it I either can't, or I have limited access and pages are unable to load. I'm currently using a LAN (Ethernet) cable but this seems to cut out quite a bit.
I'm using a Motorola SB5101e Modem, and a Netgear WGr614 v6 Router.
We've got 3 Laptops in the house and neither can connect but the XBox's work fine when using an Ethernet cable.

I'm not the best with computers so if anyone can help it will probably be needed to be explained very easily.
Thanks in advance for any help

A:Trouble Connecting to Wireless Connection

Do you have the same problem with a computer connected directly to the modem?

Make sure you have the latest firmware for the router; then reset it to factory defaults and reconfigure it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-connection.1042222/
Relevancy 59.34%

Cannot connect to home wireless network with Toshiba Satellite laptop running Vista with SP2. Other family wireless devices working fine and good internet connection using ethernet cable from my laptop to router.

Problem just started today after trying public free wireless in airport early today. Would not connect and got a security certificate warning on another free internet network. So, did not use. Internet worked fine tethered to my phone.

I have an internal wireless g card and a usb plug-in wireless n adapter. Neither one works now. In network status section of control panel shows good network connection but red X before internet connection icon.

I ran a Norton scan and Malwarebytes scan in safe mode with no issues. Also tried to connect wireless in safe mode with no success.

Lastly I did system restore to a few days ago when wireless connection was working fine. No success there either.

A:[SOLVED] Good wireless network connection but no internet connection

you have not accedently switched OFF the wireless at all

can we see an ipconfig /all and ping tests and an xirrus screen shot

also delete all the profiles

How to remove Wireless Profiles
Removing an existing wireless "profile"
b]- Vista/Windows7:[/b]
FAQ - Welcome to TP-LINK
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to - so make sure you know the correct password , and not using an incorrect password at all

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

Type the following command
Ping {plus the number thats shown against the default gateway shown in above ipconfig /all}
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
Post back the results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 209.183.226.152
post back results
rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Quote:

For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router the next two
Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet , one by name and one by number which checks that the dns is working

Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Direct link to the program is here Xirrus: High Performance Wireless Networks - Advanced IT Wi-Fi Networking Tools
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-good-wireless-network-connection-but-no-internet-connection-599619.html
Relevancy 58.91%

when i double click the icon in my systray of the the flashing monitor, which opens my wireless network connection status window, the number next to Speed fluctuates between 11.0 Mbps to 54.0 Mbps. I just updated my dlink wbr 2310 routers firmware to 1.03 from 1.02 because previously i was getting randomly disconnected. Its only been a couple days, but i havnt yet noticed that ive been randomly disconnected anymore, but now my connection speed fluctuates, where with the old firmware, i never once saw it change. what could be causing this change? as its screwing up my online gaming, causing me to lag when it drops way down. I never had a problem with the speed changing before, and cant find any setting that looks like it could be linked to such an event, though im no networking expert, so i may be missing something. what does anyone think of this problem? thanks.

A:Wireless speed under wireless network connection status fluctuating????

google for a program called Network Stumbler. When it runs, you can see other
wifi systems near by and the real asset is the disclosure of all the channels in use.

pick a channel that is not used

monitor what activities you are performing when the connection rate changes;
it's likely that it only occurs when you're gaming. In that case, the stress of the
networked game is the actual cause of the rate change.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-speed-under-wireless-network-connection-status-fluctuating.77396/
Relevancy 58.91%

Heya all

got a problem with a Netopia wireless device, or so it seems. Model: TER/GUSB-N. The network adapter is working fine the light on device is flashing but my problem is a utility to see available wireless networks. It seems it did not install with a WLAN utility. Not sure if drivers were installed correctly or not. Driver Version is 2.0.1.0 and Provider is Ralink. Please help if you can. Oh and Op System is XP SP3

Help if you can

Relevancy 58.91%

Dear sir Madam I have HP Compaq s Laptop with windows XP pro amp Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver Product description C sUT W X GBBN Fa ALL Product number GR ES Serial number cnu r I have trouble in getting internet working on my personal laptop I formatted it contacted HP support amp installed latest BIOS amp divers disabled firewall also but could not resolve the problem Some times it gets connected but web pages does not open some times LAN connects but wireless does not connect Getting voice HP LAN Laptop internet wireless trouble. connection & breaks in HP Laptop internet LAN & wireless connection trouble. google talk amp messenger I checked ipconfig all amp result is as Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft HP Laptop internet LAN & wireless connection trouble. Corp C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name hp Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List domain invalid domain invalid Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- -AB-C - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday January AM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix domain invalid Description Intel R GT Network Connection Physical Address - A- B- -D -C Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Wednesday February PM Lease Expires Tuesday January AM C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping microsoft com Pinging microsoft com with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping google com Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Administrator gt ping etisalat ae Pinging etisalat ae with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Administrator gt After reading the messages of fellow forum members I hope this forum will help to solve my problem Thanks Thanks Rao nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I've got a Windows pc here connected via a wired connection and sometimes my friend comes over and we play games also on a windows pc Normally to give him internet access I put a network cable between my pc and his through my second ethernet port the motherboard has built it one connection. network Trouble with bridged realtek and one Trouble with bridged network connection. intel and then I bridge the connections on my PC and Trouble with bridged network connection. for years this has worked just fine across windows and - we both had internet that worked perfectly Then the other month I updated windows as normal and after a reboot only my pc had internet but the other one did not and this has remained the case ever since I have tried various things on both machines such as reinstalling network drivers rolling back to older drivers resetting the connection allowing windows to diagnose the connection and so on The problem can also vary sometimes one or both pc's stick at the 'identifying' phase other times there is a message about problems with the ip address exact message I Trouble with bridged network connection. cant remember I also have a simple script that flushes dns resets the ip etc and have run this on both machines But when doing this a strange thing happens if I run the script on the second pc then it regains internet access almost immediately - however the internet no longer works on my pc the one which has the direct connection from the router To fix this I simply have to disable the bridge but then of course the second pc has no connection again I'm all out if ideas here I've even set the ip manually on both machines and again this causes internet to function on the second pc but not on mine and sometimes the other way around Anybody know whats the problem

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60056-trouble-bridged-network-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I am trying to set up a home network I have a lenovo r laptop connected wirelessly running vista business and a desktop running xp sp connected to the router by wire internet works fine on both and I can ping back and forth by IP address but not by computer name The vista machine is configured to be in a private network all folders i want to share are set to share firewall is off and ntfs permissions are on shared drive set to read exec for everyone The xp machine i ran through the wizard for setting up a home network connection Trouble network home I turned off the firewall as well just to see if Trouble connection home network that was the issue All drives Trouble connection home network are set to share The one thing i noticed was when i went to set the C drive to share on the vista machine the share button is greyed out but i set to share in advanced options Any help greatly appreciated giving myself a headache here nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone I work in an office where we have a main desktop computer which is connected to the internet via a Time Warner modem The modem is connected by cable to a netgear wireless router and up until today there have been no problems connecting to the internet from internet connection network Wireless lost connection the laptops that use the wireless connection Today for no reason with no changes upgrades or anything different at all I am now getting the message that my laptop sees the wireless network but claims the network has no internet access not true I am able to connect to the internet from the desktop which is where I'm typing from So we have internet coming into the office and the desktop but suddenly the router isn't broadcasting the wireless signal any more Wireless network connection lost internet connection I ran windows network diagnostics several times and I've gotten different responses one said quot wireless connection doesn't have valid IP configuration quot another said quot the default gateway is not available quot and quot tourbleshooting couldn't identify the problem quot I'm reasonably computer savvy and I can follow instructions so does anyone have any ideas where I should start Many thanks Caroline

A:Wireless network connection lost internet connection

The first thing to try is to power everything off, Cable mode, router and computers. Then power them on again in sequence. Cable modem, router then computer. Let each device settle down before going on to the next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/118734-wireless-network-connection-lost-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi all I m trouble network Wireless posting on behalf of a friend who has recently been having a lot of trouble connecting to our houses shared wireless connection on his vista PC Pretty much he selects connect to wireless network and chooses our wireless o network that all other people in the house can connect to fine It pompts him for a security key which he enters then spens a minute or two indicatin that he is connecting before saying Wireless network trouble quot windows cannot connect to o WirelessFAD quot Clicking on diagnose the problems almost instantly brings up a message that says almost exactly the same quot windows cannot connect to o WirelessFAD quot What confused me when I had a look into it was the fact that he can connect fine the the btFON free public wireless network or any private networks that others in the house create it is only our internet providing network that is causing him trouble I have tried going into cmd and resetting tcp ip stack and winsock entries but this has had no effect Something I noticed that may be relevant i that when i atempted to see if the problem could b solved by adding another wireless device the computer was unable to find any devices despite his wireless adapter being installed and active Prior to this happening earlier the only thing that he was doing was running an avast system scan but neither of us cna see how this could have effected his wireless connectivity thanks in advance for any help that you guy can provide nbsp

A:Wireless network trouble

remove the wireless profiles and reconnect - if that does not work - then remove the wireless security on the router and see if it can connect - if so then put the security back with a different code and see if it now connects.
also try a full powercycle and also lets see an ipconfig /all

How to remove Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/t109-removing-an-existing-wireless-profile

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router

Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
Wait at least 30 seconds.
Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Next switch on the router (if a seperate device ) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.

ipconfig /all

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

to do that:
Next
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-trouble.995730/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just bought a PCI wireless card, a Netgear WG311 54mbps.
It's connected to a Netgear router, WGR614 v6 with latest firmware.

It seems to not work if I put a WEP key on the router even though I copy and paste it into all required fields when I set up the router, and enter it to connect to.

Currently there's no protection on it, and it's running at 18mbps, no now it's at 11mbps with a 'Very Good' Signal strength. They are both 802.11g compatible, and set to use g interface but ti runs at the 802.11b speeds...

Any ideas? It WAS working at 18, even though it should be 54, or is that if your sitting next the the router with it?

Thanks
Jack

You can't copy and paste the key. You have to type it in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-trouble.517129/
Relevancy 58.91%

I just had a wireless network set up in the past couple of days. It was all goodie twoshoes until i tried to download a large file(a UT2004 map pack, and the Java Development Toolkit to be exact). While downloading the wireless adapter how you say... stops transmitting? It says it still connected, but the internet completely cuts out. And in the end i have to totally restart my download after unplugging the Wireless usb adapter, and restarting the netgear software, then plugging it back up. This is a big pain, especially for someone who is in the web design business, and is looking to learn java to further increase his ability to design good websites. It also happens when im uploading large amounts of content to my server for my website.

Oh i just had to restart my thing AGAIN while typing this... grrr.

A:Wireless Network trouble

Is this a Windows Zero Configuration Service problem ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-trouble.54703/
Relevancy 58.91%

Wireless network trouble - no wireless when ethernet cable is plugged in Hey all I ve been roaming the net for two days in a row but I can t find any answer to my problem so here s my Wireless trouble network first ever shout for help on a forum A while ago i read something about the possibility to use your pc as a wireless accesspoint for other pc s Wireless network trouble internet connection sharing on an ad hoc network I thought this being very useful so I Wireless network trouble tried it and it worked immediately About minutes later my pc decided to go to sleep Wireless network trouble because I wanted it to in any other situation so the connection fell away Ever since I have been unable to create any wireless network and after a while I discovered that I can t actually detect any wireless network in range as long as the ethernet cable is plugged in As soon as I unplug it available networks pop up This is not so much a problem as I would like to get the ad hoc network to work again Here s what s up with my pc and what i ve tried -My pc is a HP compaq w workstation with a intel wireless wifi link AGN module and running windows professional -bit -It didn t fall down or i didn t bump it or anything recently -I was sharing my internet connection cable through an ad hoc network wireless and it worked fine on the other laptop when my pc went to sleep and the problems started -The main problem is that I can t create a new wireless network anymore when i do so windows says quot Could not create network quot -So I tried restarting for several times turning off my wireless adapter and back on I searched the internet for solutions like a driver update I reinstalled the drivers for all wireless and bluetooth adapters I went looking in the bios and turned off the wireless radio and back on and after all this i found out that if i unplug my ethernet cable wireless connections do show but the real problem remains I also went through thousands of setting of the adapters and also my firewall but no results so far If anyone knows how to solve this I d be enormously thankful Or if you need more information let me know Greetz nbsp

Have you tried uninstalling all related software and firmware, then reboot and defragment, then reinstall everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-trouble.139578/
Relevancy 58.91%

We recently bought a new computer running Vista. The new computer connect fine to the internet, but not my Laptop or XBOX. This is because I don't know the WEP key. I tried logging in to the router by typing 192.168.0.1 but it won't let me log in now?

I blame most of this on the idiotic crew at BestBuy they call the Geek Squad.

If I hold the reset button down, will it erase all the settings such as WEP key etc, and still let that computer and my laptop connect to it?

A:Trouble with wireless network

yes I would hold down the reset button to change it back to factory defaultsand it will erease all your wep key settings
Hold down the reset button with the power on and all that for about 30 seconds to a minute.

your router address should be 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1 usually those are pretty common. The variable I've seen change is the 192.168.X.1 is the X factor there.

Don't call Geek squad, you'll just spend around $100 on nothing

Once inside the router don't use WEP encryption since it can be hacked in a minute use WPA which is very very hard to hack and a lot more secure

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-with-wireless-network-306245.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Is it possible with a Netgear WGR614 v6 router broadcasting internet to another computer...to then attach another Netgear WGR614 v6 (thru wire) router to that other computer and send its internet through that router to other computers? Please respond!

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi hope someone can help - I ve been struggling to fix this for quite some time My network consists of - PC connected via Ethernet - Laptop via wireless - PS via wireless to a Netgear Wireless-N Router with DSL Modem DSN The problem is that the internet keeps cutting out or takes a long time to get working Wireless Network trouble I have changed the settings to get IP address dynamically from ISP but that didn t fix the problem Wireless Network trouble I am constantly getting lag on PS and can rarely use laptop PS PC for the internet at the same time do I need a better router or increased internet speed from TalkTalk Or is my router config Wireless Network trouble wrong Here is my IP config from PC and laptop if that helps PC Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Morgan gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name morgan-b bceace Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R DM Gigabit Network Con nection Physical Address - B-FC-FA- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained July Lease Expires July C Documents and Settings Morgan gt Laptop Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Nick gt IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name Nick-laptop Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address - - F- - -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - - A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B F E- E - F -B BC-D FF A BD br CFB Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A BFD -BE A- BA-A D- F BA A br C Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Nick gt Thanks for your time would appreciate any advice Nick nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all,
I am trying to set up a wireless network in my apartment using a Linksys router and a cable modem. I went to the Linksys router configuration link: http://192.168.1.1/ and set up the router using the WEP setting for security. After I was finished with all of that, and entered the passphrase that I had created for it, my laptop showed that I was connected to the internet. However, it would not let me actually access any webpages. I used the network diagnostics tool on vista and it told me:

Cannot communicate with DNS server (68.105.28.12)

Network diagnostics pinged the remote host and didnt receive a response

Any ideas of how to fix this problem? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Trouble with wireless network

Hello and welcome to TSF, McNerny!

Are you entering your WEP correctly?
Are all cables connected to the router correctly?
What model is your Linksys router?
How old is it?
Have you ever fooled with port forwarding before?
Have you contacted your ISP yet regarding this issue?
Do you have any firewall installed/enabled?

P-P-Please download and run this .bat file that jcgriff2 has developed, HERE - post your output log as an attachment in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/trouble-with-wireless-network-405410.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1014 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 41659 MB; D: Total - 57231 MB, Free - 14579 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, Inc., Nestos , Not Applicable, LXAJL0X031734074722500
Antivirus: None

Hi. I have a problem with my wireless connection. The tab under network connections does NOT show wireless connection. This happened after I reinstalled winxp. I installed the wireless driver but it did not work. I can only connect to the internet using the wired connection. What should I do?

Relevancy 58.91%

I just ran the Windows XP Help and Support, Network Diagnostics and I got a FAILED for the following areas:
Network Adapters FAILED
[00000010] Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection FAILED
DNSServerSearchOrder FAILED
198.153.192.50 FAILED
198.153.194.50 FAILED

I've been having some wireless issues and I am not sure what this is telling me and what I can do about it to fix it. I checked with the Intel web site for network adapters and it appears that I have the latest driver.
Any helpful suggestions?

A:Network Adapters, Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, DNSSer

howdy and welcome. start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager > are there any yellow exclamation points, and if so, what are they next to?

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-adapters-intel-r-pro-wireless-3945abg-network-connection-dnsser.1142923/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi All Please can anyone help I have done something and I don t know what I have just bought a new a IP Connection' Solved: does Help have Network not 'wireless a valid adapter network computer a compaq running windows AMD athlon tm IIx processor I had no problems connecting it to the internet it has Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a a wired ethernet cable which plugged to my Thompson router and worked straight away I also have a Toshiba satellite L - laptop running Vista with wireless internet connection At this stage I was getting internet on my new PC and wireless internet on the laptop The problem came when I tried to set up a home network I have done it previously on the old pc running Windows XP with no problems however I am not sure what I have done but I can get internet on the PC but on the laptop it is connecting to the wireless network but not the internet In the network and sharing centre it shows the laptop connected to an Unidentified network but then there is a cross through the line connecting it to the internet In Network and Internet Network connections I double clicked on Wireless Network Connection and then on diagnose I got a box with the heading - The network adapter quot Wireless Network Connection quot does not have a valid IP Configeration I am a bit bewildered what to do and thought it better to seek help rather than fumble around in the dark Hope someone can help Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: Help network adapter 'wireless Network Connection' does not have a valid IP a

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-network-adapter-wireless-network-connection-does-not-have-a-valid-ip-a.1016800/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi So recently I have removed a nasty zeroaccess rootkit virus es from my laptop My Windows Firewall Defender and Updates would not work still won't my browser kept redirecting to unrelated websites and I was just overall having a TON of irritating issues I installed MalwareBytes and Zone Alarm in addition to my Microsoft Security Essentials and restarted my computer once - everything seemed fine I went to delete a few programs from my computer via the control panel just unneeded things like Canon software I don't even use anymore My computer told me I needed to restart so I did and when connection wireless driver adapter network Problems with and network it turned back on I suddenly had no more Internet access It registers that my Internet providers are being picked up on as in it says Silver Moose is emitting a signal yet I have quot limited access Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver quot and all other devices using the network in my home are working just fine I tried troubleshooting and it says that there Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver are problems with the wireless Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver network adapter and the driver for wireless network connection adapter I've read that removing a access will render someone Internet-less but some people have overcome this However every thread I've already taken a look at don't exactly fit with my problems computer model so I wanted to stay on the safe side and get help fitted exactly to me I have Windows bit a Gateway model NV I don't know if my processor Intel R Core details are needed If so I'll gladly provide them I ran ipconfig all and was about to transfer a copy of it from my messed up computer to this one via a flash drive but suddenly I've found that my computer doesn't recognize a flash drive at all anymore So it's very very messed up indeed I would REALLY like to know what I can do to try and make this situation better or if a system restore is the best option I don't know how to use system restore or what it all does so if you do recommend that can you please offer and explanation of the options it'll give me Will it give a time period I want to backtrack to I feel really helpless here so thanks a ton for any and all help

A:Problems with wireless network adapter and network connection driver

First with this remove Zone alarm, while it use to be a great product, it cause more issues than it's worth these days.
Next, Start menu-> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on command prompt and run as Administrator.

Type in netsh winsock reset and reboot, see if the combination of these will help.

Otherwise, system restore is very simple to use and will only affect programs installed, not your personal files. If this doesn't solve the issue pick a time before the rootkit, a couple weeks if possible, and just restore it. You can scroll through all the date to make note of any changes that will be made. Make sure to re-install your AV and Malwarebytes afterwards to keep you protected.

Also, I do not work for Malwarebytes, but $29 for a lifetime license and an active protection module is absolutely worth it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/252548-problems-wireless-network-adapter-network-connection-driver.html
Relevancy 58.48%

IGNORE IGNORE.... fixed it thanks anyway
Hi there,
I am having trouble connecting to the internet from my laptop via a D-Link wireless ADSL router.

This is a new problem on a laptop that has been used on this wireless network many times - very strange?

When i click "repair" it seems to hang at the point of acquiring my IP address.
Any ideas?
Thanks

A:Solved: Wireless network connection can not acquire network address?

Through the web browser on my desktop i changed some settings on the router i.e. the WPA, and it seemed to work? Magic

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connection-can-not-acquire-network-address.620247/
Relevancy 58.05%

I'm using a wireless router to surf the internet.
Every time I log into a secure site and after handling my transactions, I get
stuck on the site and can't log out. I have to close my whole browser to log out. I upgraded to
the latest firmware and that didn't help at all.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a laptop with a wireless network card I can access the wireless signal at work with no troubles through the Intel Pro wireless software I have a wired network at home for my desktops and had used a wire to connect my laptop to the router running cable modem I recently purchased a Linksys Wireless G access point and ran the set up program on the desktop by the router I get a strong signal strength shown by the Intel Pro Wireless software but it will not bring any email or internet up When I look in the system tray there is an icon that has a computor and a yellow ball going back and forth It says it is quot acquiring network address quot When it tells me I am connected I still can not get on the internet What could be wrong The work wireless I just turned the computer on and it found the signal and worked I had no setup This is very confusing nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

The router is a DLink WBR - 2310. I had been receiving internet through a DSL provider, and both wired and wireless connections worked fine. I've hooked up this router, and the wired connection is working by the wireless connection is not. The Wireless Network Connection says that I'm connected, but when I open Firefox with the wireless connection, but no wired connection, no webpages will load. Any thoughts?

A:Trouble with Router; wired connection works but wireless does not

could be a firewal blocking - have you switched off the firewall on the PC

any other PC able to use the wireless connection ?

Do you have wireless encryption enabled - if so try taking that OFF - by logging into router and removing wireless secruity

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download and install

Then run the program and post a screen shot of the program running
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
---------------------------
Wireless Profiles
- Vista:
- delete the wireless profiles
Start
control Panel
classic view
network and sharing center
manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
--

- XP
- delete the preferred networks
start
control panel
network connections
right click on the wireless connection listed
wireless networks tab
in the preferred network list
click on each one and - remove button

you will then have to enter the wireless secruity key for any networks you connect to
------------------------
{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all

-> Start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all
post back the results here
TWO Methods to do that - if you cannot access the internet with PC, then use method 2 to copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

Method ONE -------------------------------------------------------------
start > run {search bar in Vista} > cmd > ipconfig /all

rightclick in the box
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Method TWO -------------------------------------------------------------

Start> Run {search bar in Vista}> CMD to open a DOS window and type:

IPCONFIG /ALL >C:\RESULT.TXT

Open C:\RESULT.TXT with Notepad and copy/paste the entire results here.

------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-with-router-wired-connection-works-but-wireless-does-not.902265/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi BC community, this is my first post here.

I just moved into a studio apt and my landlord has wireless Internet included in my rent. I was usuing his connection withno problems for a few days, However, since day before yesterday it started booting me off the connection and will NOT reconnect unless I call him and have him reset the router. Once the router is reset, the connection will work fine for about 20 mins and then kick me off again. Does this have anything to do with the fact that it's unsecured? Should I have him secure the connection and provide me with a password?

I'm running an Acer Aspire 6530 laptop with vista SP2. Any help would be appreciated! Mahalos!

A:Trouble maintaining a connection to an unsecured network

What are you doing while connected to the wireless network?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/323535/trouble-maintaining-a-connection-to-an-unsecured-network/
Relevancy 58.05%

I build systems in my condo I use cox cable with motorola surfboard SB amp linksys WRT G v wireless I have one hardwired and one wireless When I build new systems they are hard wired to the router after windows install They obtain everything auto ip dns dhcp etc and connect to inet with no trouble in systems will have a problem connecting to inet directly through modem or router modem once system is sold and moved to new location All machines have onboard nic s min In order to access files I keep on my main machine to complete installs I setup a network using the network setup wizard naming the network SOCRATES I also use on all machines run cmd trouble, when moved Network inet connection net user guest to protect guest account access With the troubled machine when I run cmd ipconfig everything shows up I am un-able to ping anything regardless of modem or Network trouble, inet connection when moved router use Normally I would log onto the router and DHCP release renew but I m not able to log on to the router in this case a new D-link wireless port switch other machines at this new location are able to us all three combinations modem direct or modem router and wirleless to access inet I m not sure what I m missing any ideas Thank you nbsp

A:Network trouble, inet connection when moved

Starting from ground up..

Do you have an ethernet link? (Link light on the router and NIC)
Do you have proper drivers for the NIC? (Are you sure you don't have some IEEE1394 connection instead of a LAN connection configured?)
Do you have TCP/IP installed for the NIC and configured to get everything automatically?
Do you have the DHCP client service running?

Disable all kinds of firewalls, VPN and packet capture software.

Set a proper TCP/IP configuration manually.
Can you ping the router?
After attempting a ping, can you see the router's MAC address in "arp -a" output?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-trouble-inet-connection-when-moved.42605/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi everyone,
I recently had loads of trouble with my Dell Inspiron 6400 (about two years old) so I decided a reformatting would be the best option for solving the multitude of problems it had.

Unfortunately, I lost the CDs that came with the laptop so I bought a new version of Windows XP Home Edition (it came with SP2, if that helps).

The reformat was successful and everything's fresh and clean and runs nice and fast (just like new). Here's my issue: because there's absolutely nothing on the PC (no standard software, no drivers, etc.) it doesn't seem to want to connect to the wired network offered by my campus. I haven't tried any of the wireless networks, but there's also no "Connect To" option in the Start Menu (which is what I always used to use to establish a wireless connection).

Please, please if anyone could assist me I would truly appreciate it. Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Trouble Establishing Network Connection

Hello onetime?,

You will need to go to the Dell website and download the drivers for your system. You can save the files to a disc or a flash drive then install them on your system.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-trouble-establishing-network-connection-284746.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I tried to set up wireless router 3 times, each time used different routers, all failed, the internet connection from comcast to my desktop is fine, once i connected router, no connection detected.

I did notice once it show that DCHP is disconnected, even renew it would not make it work.

anyone knows what problem is and how to resolve the problem?

Thanks in advance,

TC

Relevancy 58.05%

I have connected to my wireless router but have limited connectivity. i'm wondering why?

A:Having trouble using the internet through my wireless network

can we see

{ipconfig /all}
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install

Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-trouble-using-the-internet-through-my-wireless-network.962520/
Relevancy 58.05%

i just bought the D-LINK wireless N DIR 615 and installed it to my desktop. Then i have the dlink DWA-130 wireless N usb adapter plugged into my laptop. After installing everything, the internet works perfectly on my desktop but the connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and disconnecting etc for my laptop. I don't know what's causing this problem and how to solve it so please help. When i click repair in the "Local area network properties", it says it "cannot renew IP address". SO im guessing it has somehting to do with the IP address.

Relevancy 58.05%

I recently upgraded to Windows 8 and am having trouble connecting to my home network.

I have a Motorola Wireless Cable Modem Gateway SBG900.

1. My iPhone can connect to the network just fine.
2. I tried reentering the password in Windows, but that did not work.
3. I also tried restarting the router for 10 seconds, but that did not work.
4. I can connect to the wireless network at work without any trouble.
5. I connect to the modem via ethernet and the internet worked fine.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

A:Trouble with home wireless network

If other devices can connect then it is more than likely the wireless security settings on your failing device.

Bottom right hand side of the screen near the time and date right click the wireless symbol and open up the network and sharing centre.

Choose manage wireless networks located top left of page this takes you to your security profile for your wireless card. Right click and goto properties and then chose the security tab.

Check your security type, encryption method and password matches the details on your router.

If in doubt best to delete the current network profile from the problematic machine and manually create one to be doubly sure nothing is corrupted.

Hope this helps

Andy

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/19439-trouble-home-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to set up a wireless network at home using my laptop for main use and my tower for storing files upstairs. I have configured my tower, but my laptop is saying I do not have network hardware.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me please?

Many thanks

Paul

Relevancy 58.05%

Good afternoon I have treid to find the solution on prior posts but no luck I am not that smart We have a wireless network that my on wireless having network trouble laptop new with wife s apple connects to fine I am currently conected via ethernet cable from the wireless router but cannot connect to the network wirelessly Previously I would connect and be disconnected within a minute or two Now it will not even connect me I have been able to connect to another wireless network I spoke to Dell and they told me something about my modem acting as a bridge and that I need to simply have the modem act as a moden and my router act as a router Here are some details of what I am using Dell Inspiron mini V Windows XP Webstar scientific Atlanta Model DPC Linksys Wireless G Model WRT GX Here is a screen print from an ipconfig Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft having trouble with new laptop on wireless network Corp C Documents and Settings Brian gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BJC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI -E Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -E -AC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN M ini-Card Physical Address - - C- - A- Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - -E - E-F C Documents and Settings Brian gt Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Brian gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name BJC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E RTL E Family PCI -E Fast Ethernet NIC Physical Address - -E -AC- - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday June PM Lease Expires Sunday June PM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Dell Wireless Wireless-N WLAN M ini-Card Physical Address - - C- - A- Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Bluetooth LAN Access Server Driver Physical Address - - -E - E-F Thanks for your help Brian nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I ve got a problem i hope someone can help me with I ve recently moved and i want to connect to the existing wireless network in my new place But this seems to be cause me some trouble and i have to admit i m not that up to date with wireless networking Heres the run down of the setup Main Router Netgear DG G v House PC adapter Netgear WG T MY PC Bufflo WHR-G Router Access Point Bridge The House PC has no problem connecting to the network through Netgear s setup utility The problems start when i try to setup my Buffalo in bridge mode - help network Wireless to Trouble connecting Please The documentation provided assumes you are connecting with other buffalo products And when i go through the steps for Please help - Trouble connecting to Wireless network the set up the connection dies on the house PC Why this happens i don t know and to make it worse the buffalo still doesn t connect I m probably doing something obvious but i can t figure it out Does anyone have any experience connecting the Buffalo bridge to an existing wireless network I know this isn t much to go on but since i don t know whats wrong i don t know what information will be useful Thanks in advance KE nbsp

A:Please help - Trouble connecting to Wireless network

If you mean that you are trying to configure it as a wireless bridge (AP client) I don't see in the manual that such is even supported. Just what are you doing--what connections, what settings?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-trouble-connecting-to-wireless-network.734720/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I am having trouble securing my wireless network I ve looked up instructions on it on the Microsoft website Trouble Securing Network Wireless but it only seems to work with a new wireless network setup I already have a setup It was secured until I did a system restore back to before I had it secure I tried activating the WEP and the WAP in different ways but it still shows up as unsecured when I look at available networks I also tried setting up a new network but selecting it didn t work afterwards I still had to use my unsecure network Any help would be appreciated It is a linksys wrt g model router For a second question what is everyone s recommendation for anti-virus software I was using mcafee but it was doing crazy things like installing itself all the time and was making my cmputer run incredibly slow I just uninstalled it to check and my computer runs a hundred times better I was told it might be ok if I re-installed it but I would rathr see if anyone has anything better as a recommendation Thanks everyone nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-securing-wireless-network.773212/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi All,

I was trying to create a wireless adhoc network and starting facing an issue.

I created a wireless adhoc computer to computer network connection, but when I go to "View Available Wireless Networks" this never shows up...?

If it's not showing up how do I connect ? and why it's not showing up ?

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/trouble-connecting-to-wireless-ad-hoc-network-294895.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey guys I m having a weird problem with a wireless network connection I live in an apartment and i bought a rouder for my buddy beneath me so I could access internet as well It has worked like a dream for two months with full bars up until a couple days Wireless Trouble Network Unsecure ago I am in college for computer tech and can t figure out what the problem is I can connect to the network with full signal strength Unsecure Wireless Network Trouble unsecured but I cannot access internet or log into msn messenger I have tried a ping test to yahoo com and send Unsecure Wireless Network Trouble and receive all packets I try to ping the physical address and it again sends and received all packets But I cannot access internet I thought maybe it was malware or a virus but I ran Avast and AVG Unsecure Wireless Network Trouble antivirus also Spybot and Malwarebites But came up clean I have also tried Network magic but it cannot repair connection But the strange thing is I can connect to the linksys unsecured network and access the internet fine but low signal I will attach the network data and the ping results below UPDATE gt gt gt I now cannot ping physical address and name address I got the cannot find host message and timeout on physical address attempt I m thinking it s a DNS error but have no clue of how to fix it Please Help Windows IP Configuration Host Name acer- c a d Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Trendnet Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Trendnet Description Intel R PRO Wireless BG Network Connection Physical Address - - F-A -A - Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Saturday December AM Lease Expires Saturday December AM nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

In the name of God
Hello guys, im new here and i have a question

There is a Wireless Network with 14 access point and approximatly 60 Clients and 3Application server
Clients OS is Microsoft Win Xp.
some clients suddenly restarting for 6 or 7 times per day and it is like when someone press power or restart button.
i dont know whats the reason? someone told me may be it depends on Wless Net cards, is it possible?
i will be glad if you help me.
tanx...

A:Reset trouble in my Wireless Network

Not nearly enough information to offer a real suggestion, but the multiple WAPs don't figure into this issue.

I'd be suspecting malware or a bad software update to an application since you have multiple machines failing at the same time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reset-trouble-in-my-wireless-network.803195/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello Im New Here

Why i Cant See the Wireless Network Connection And if i Search Manage Wireless Networks in Control Panel It Says

"Wireless Is Not Currently Enabled"

What Should I do??

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I am trying to connect to my home wireless network and my computer has found the network and will let me connect (after typing in the WEP key), but the status says 'Acquiring network address' and I can't access the internet.

I have the IP address for the network, but don't know how to add this into my computer.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

A:Wireless network connection - Cannot acquire network address.

Hi

if it hangs or shows limited connectivity ensure you are typing in the correct key, some routers will allow a passphrase for wep others want the key in hexadecimal format.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection-cannot-acquire-network-address.136636/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just purchased a new Dell computer with Vista and McAfee Security Center I am trying to get my home wireless network network Setting Vista having trouble - up wireless set up correctly but I am having difficuty My Dell Desktop is wired to a WGT V wireless router which is in turn wired to a motorola cable modem I have a laptop which I am trying to set up on a wireless network I can get Setting up Vista wireless network - having trouble everything hooked up ok and can get thru to the internet on my laptop From the desktop I can see the laptop and all the shared files and printers on the laptop From the laptop side I cannot see the shared files and printers on the desktop side unless I log in to the desktop I don t want this I turned off the password required button in the Network and Sharing Center of Vista on the desktop but it still doesn t work correctly There is something in either Vista or McAfee that is preventing this from working Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I just bought a dell laptop....I have a compaq presario desktop which has a d-link wireless router and a DSL connection....I can't figure out how to connect my laptop to the internet..help!

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi Folks I am having trouble connecting to our wireless internet home network with to connecting network wireless Trouble home my new Toshiba Satellite laptop The network is a venerable Linksys WAP G access point not quite a full Trouble connecting to home wireless network router as it does not have a firewall and does not assign static addresses It allows a dynamic address It is very basic WEP security We have a Dell laptop with XP which operates off it just fine When I attempt to connect with Windows on the new Toshiba Satellite it will identify the connection as public and connect but activity Trouble connecting to home wireless network is limited It says it cannot establish an IP address However when I connect with the built-in Ethernet port and a cord it s fine Just the wireless part is giving problems I have read of one solution for this apparently not rare problem This is to go into the Device Manager find the wireless adapter open it and click on the Advanced tab This produces a list of properties Find the property called Network Address and put in the physical address of the wireless adapter found in IPconfig all However when I go this far I don t even have a property called Network Address so I can t do this Any suggestions would be appreciated Thanks very much wayrnayn

A:Trouble connecting to home wireless network

Quote: Originally Posted by waynrayn

Hi Folks:
I am having trouble connecting to our wireless internet home network with my new Toshiba Satellite laptop.
The network is a venerable Linksys WAP54G access point, not quite a full router, as it does not have a firewall and does not assign static addresses. It allows a dynamic address. It is very basic WEP security. We have a Dell laptop with XP which operates off it just fine.
When I attempt to connect with Windows 7 on the new Toshiba Satellite, it will identify the connection as public and connect, but activity is limited. It says it cannot establish an IP address. However when I connect with the built-in Ethernet port and a cord, it?s fine. Just the wireless part is giving problems.
I have read of one solution for this apparently not rare problem. This is to go into the Device Manager, find the wireless adapter, open it and click on the Advanced tab. This produces a list of properties. Find the property called ?Network Address,? and put in the physical address of the wireless adapter found in IPconfig/all. However when I go this far, I don?t even have a property called Network Address, so I can?t do this.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks very much,
wayrnayn

Network address is actually locally administered mac address, and is there.

Are you running "homegroup"?

Have you tried connecting with encryption turned off?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/99837-trouble-connecting-home-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I recently bought a wireless access point Linksys model WAP G and for PC a Linksys wireless g USB adapter For some reason I can t install the software for the WAP on this computer because it says that it can t find the AP on the computer I know the cables are connected correctly and my Local Area Connection is seeing the AP On the other hand my computer with the USB adapter connected to it sees the connection and is sometimes actually connected Reaching Internet Trouble Through Wireless Network to the Internet However for some reason the Internet doesn t work on PC I ve gotten it to work perfectly before but now it no longer works on the computer The Internet is Trouble Reaching Internet Through Wireless Network shared and I m out of ideas I Trouble Reaching Internet Through Wireless Network am running Windows XP on both computers and I m having trouble getting an IP address and a subnet mask Both computers are set to automatically find IP addresses Ask me more questions if you need more info If anyone could help that Trouble Reaching Internet Through Wireless Network would be great Thanks nbsp

A:Trouble Reaching Internet Through Wireless Network

1] "WAN" Interface of Linksys plugged in? They won't server DHCP without this being "lite"
2] Do you have SSID broadcast turned on? If you don't, it'll help with troubleshooting.
3] PC#1 hardwired, I assume? What is it plugged into?
4] FOr that matter, what is your LInksys pluggged into?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-reaching-internet-through-wireless-network.394095/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I appear unable to install any USB wireless network adaptor on my computer The symptoms After following the manufacturers installation process The device appears in the device manager and when inspecting properties shows it is working properly The device appears in network connections as enabled disabling and adaptor USB wireless installation trouble network then re-enabling does not affect the problem When running Windows USB wireless network adaptor installation trouble diagnostic I get an error message saying the adaptor is experiencing driver or hardware related issues Running the Windows repair tool which attempts to reset the adaptor has no effect I ve tried three different makes and models all with similar results so I don t think the problem is with the adaptor I am running Vista bit on a Dell Inspiron desktop My system meets the specifications for all three models and I have checked that I am using the correct drivers installation CD and manufacturers support sites This all points to the problem being somewhere on my computer but I don t know how to diagnose or correct the issue I would really appreciate any advice you can give Many thanks Mark nbsp

A:USB wireless network adaptor installation trouble

can we see the following information/do the following with an adapter plugged in

ipconfig /all
xirrus screen shot
device manager
tcp/ip reset

Do you have any firewall / security suite on the system at all OR had in the past - like Norton, Mcafee

Do you have any wireless adapter utilities running - the manufacturer will try and install its own adapter utility software and they can interfere with windows adapter utility - WLAN config on vista
if you have installed three adapters you nay have three different applications running

Make and model of the adapter you have running now with all the tests (also post back the make and model of the other adapters)

{ipconfig /all}

to do that:
Next

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install

Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program

Run the program

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the scree... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-wireless-network-adaptor-installation-trouble.982122/
Relevancy 57.62%

First, let me say I'm not very adept at this so I may get the terminology wrong. I have a Dell Inspiron 600m laptop with an Intel Pro/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection. The laptop is running on Windows XP Professional 2002.I have a Linksys Wireless Broadband Router Model number WRT160N. The router and connection are fine as I can connect another laptop without any problems. When I try to connect with the Inspiron 600m I get a pop up saying "Windows cannot configure this wireless connection" Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get this to connect. Thanks a bunch.

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, my laptop recently has been having this problem(just this morning) about not being able to connect to my usual wireless connection which is in my home. It has been about a month or two since we switched to Verizon Fios and this problem never occurred before.

The laptop is an Acer and the laptop I'm using atm is a Dell Inspiron and this one can connect just fine. It takes a while for the Acer to connect to the network, but even then the connection is slower than it used to be. When I check the signal on the Acer it's generally about 48.0 Mbps with "Very Good/Excelent" but the speed of surfing the internet is much slower. I'm sure I didn't tamper with anything to cause this, but I would like to ask for any input for how to solve this.

Thank you.

Relevancy 57.62%

Recently got a new notebook so I m really working at getting the files on both the new notebook and my old desktop sharable so that I can use something like Syncback to synchronize the contents of certain directories I ve got both computers on the Sharing Trouble Across Wireless Network Files same workgroup The desktop is connected through ethernet to the wireless router and the notebook is of course connected wirelessly Sort of wondering if this mixing connection methods is the source of the problem since I have no way to specify an SSID for the desktop to match the SSID the notebook is connecting to Don t know if that could be a difficulty or not haven t really dealt with a network that uses both wired and wireless connections Firewall is handled by the router and Windows ICF is disabled the service itself is actually not running The router is a Linksys WRT g Both machines are running XP Pro and have been given appropriately modified computer names I ve set up the directories Trouble Sharing Files Across Wireless Network I want to share on the desktop and see them in my network places But I really can t figure out what it s going to take for the notebook to see them in its my network places folder I really don t need to overdo the complexity of the setup since I m going to have to strike the whole thing and redo it once I m back at college in August So at this poinbt I m not looking to do any application sharing or otherwise getting fancy with the network setup Just sharing some data between these two computers and aside from that they can remain independent from one another Any suggestions are greatly welcome and thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi TSG's

I have just entered the current century and finally setup a wireless network. All is well, but I have fired up a laptop I'm selling and cant connect it. I did a little google browsing, ran IPCONFIG through command prompt because my connection error is "router cant assign ip address". The IP Adress that comes up is 0.0.0.0
I ran properties on local area connection (win xp home), the properties of "internet protocol". Both "obtain ip address automatically" and "obtain DNS server automatically" are ticked.
I cant do anymore to help myself. This was a good effort I think for someone who has NO IDEA

Thanks for your help

Jules

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello Guys,

I have a wireless network with a WRT300N Linksys Wireless router sharing internet for a wired pc and two wireless notebooks. I had no problem sharing files between these 3 computers but I can't use the printer installed in the pc from the two notebooks. I can recognize and install this printer in the notebooks, but when I try to print it doesn't work. I've already disabled the windows firewall and the others but it didn't help

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Relevancy 57.62%

I'm at my brother's house and I'm trying to connect to hs wireless network. I know the password but whenever I try to enter it it gives me a message that says, "The network password needs to be 128bits or 256 bits depending on your network configuration. This can be entered as 8 to 63 characters or 64 hexadecimal characters." From other forums I've looked at it says that I need to get to the router settings page. It gives me an IP adress to paste into the web browser but it doesn't come up as anything. What the heck? Thank you!

Relevancy 57.62%

long story short: my laptop's charger broke, so it has been sitting around for a while now, unused. before it broke, i could connect to the internet, no problem. also before it broke, my mothers desktop computer was the "main computer" or whatever for the wireless network. since then, her computer fried, so she just uses her desktop, and the router still sits at her desk. my moms laptop and dads laptop both connect to the internet, but mine won't. i've tried manually entering the IP/default gateway/etc, nothing works. it sees that the network "taylor" is available, usually above 85% signal strength, but it won't connect.

someone please help me. a friend just moved in with me and always wants to use my computer, so i'd really like to have my laptop up and running so he won't bother me anymore!

A:i'm having trouble getting my laptop to connect to my wireless network

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/im-having-trouble-getting-my-laptop-to-connect-to-my-wireless-network.470095/
Relevancy 56.76%

We bought a new wireless router for our home network a D-link DIR- I haven t had any trouble with it so far I had issues connecting my ps but I ve since figured it out The only problem I ve had is connecting an older desktop of mine wirelessly It uses windows adding network pc to older Solved: trouble wireless XP and it is able to find and connect to the network but for some reason even though it says it s connected it doesn t work When I check the network status it shows Solved: trouble adding older pc to wireless network that it s not receiving any information well if it does it s at a ratio of for the send receive My only guesses as to why it s not actually working which are likely to be wayyyy off are that A the data encryption key is set to WEP on my computer but the router is set to something like WPA or something like that Please don t quiz me on what that means B I ve heard that I might need to update the firmware for the router but then why would every other wireless device in my house work Thanks in advance for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

I have had no problems connecting my laptop wirelessly to my network at home, but all of a sudden it stopped connecting. I can connect to wireless networks elsewhere, but my laptop has stopped connecting at home. Can someone help?

Relevancy 56.76%

i have a laptop wireless ready, i go to connect to my secure wireless modem it asks for a Key which i type in, it connects no problem but then pops a message saying ''limited or no connectivity" is there a port i need to open?

ive gained access to the modem menu which was no help.

once connected to the wireless network after typing in the Key i get no Default gateway, DNS server or WINS server numbers.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys I just recently bought a new Sony Vaio laptop it has a built in wireless card and it allows me to connect to a given wireless network However once it connects It will not let me get on the internet I find this very strange I ve called Sony Comcast and Netgear but they both just seem to lead me in circles I m almost positive this is an easy fix but I just do not know what to do They tried telling me it s my router but i m almost positive this is not the case because I have another laptop in my apartment that I am using and it works fine with the wireless router The Sony laptop will not only not establish a working connection to my home wireless network but it also did not create a working Solved: Trouble new wireless network Connecting to laptop a connection to the one at my brothers house OR at my school So I guess I have reason to believe that it is some kind of configuration in my laptop not a problem with the network My next step is taking it back to BestBuy and having the guys at geek squad look at it but I figure i d let you guys take a crack at it since you ve all been very helpful to me in the past ANY help at all would be very very very much appreciated Also if Solved: Trouble Connecting new laptop to a wireless network I failed to elaborate on anything that would help you get an idea as to what the problem is just let me know and i ll try to explain to the best of my ability My apologies if my explanations were kind of vague i m not too computer savvy -Will nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi everyone I have two computers I would like to share files between over a wireless network One computer is a desktop the other is a laptop Both computers use Windows XP All afternoon I have been reading about how to share files but I cannot get it to work on my computers My laptop uses my Linksys wireless router successfully to get Internet access so that is not a problem My desktop is wired to the wireless router so it also has Internet access Unfortunately I cannot seem to set up a network between the two computers successfully When Wireless Trouble Solved: Network File-Sharing I quot View workgroup computers quot on my desktop the desktop computer Solved: Wireless Network File-Sharing Trouble itself shows up and I can view its shared files But when I click Solved: Wireless Network File-Sharing Trouble quot View workgroup computers quot on my laptop I get an error message that says quot Mshome is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available quot I have been trying to troubleshoot this myself all day with no luck Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get these computers networked nbsp

A:Solved: Wireless Network File-Sharing Trouble

Ping each computer from the other and see what you get. More than likely this is a firewall issue since both are using XP. What firewalls are running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-file-sharing-trouble.694426/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
I'm having continued trouble automatically connecting my Android devices to my preferred home wireless network. I have an LG Optimus T Android 2.2 phone and a Samsung Galaxy tablet. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Note: I can connect my tablet, but only by powering down my router and then powering up again. I'm trying to avoid having to do this everytime. No luck at all connecting the Android phone to the one (out of two) preferred home network.
Thanks,
Wil

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a Dell inspiron I never had a problem with connection untill few days ago I nevr installed anything or did any changes All of a sudden i have no acces to the router internet I can see the access point with excellect signal but when i try to connect to it it says unable to connect to I just wiped clean and re did the whole laptop all fresh new drivers all around It worked for few min when it came up to Network Connection.. Wireless update but ever since then no luck I get as far as it asking for password i enter it and no dice I deleted the connection shut down accessed the router from my hard wired connected pc changed SSID and password then rebooted laptop still cannot connect Wireless Network Connection.. I litterally have tried everything i Wireless Network Connection.. checked all forums and microsoft website and tried everthing i could find I even disabled the wireless miniadapter thats in win through cmd prompt IM STUCK PLEASE HELP

A:Wireless Network Connection..

Reboot the router/modem....unplug it from the power outlet for 1 minute and then plug it back in and let it run through it's set up. Then you should be able to connect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270274-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am fully aware that there is a BTWifi with FON connection in this area, but my wireless adapter either doesn't want to pick it up or is somehow blocking it. I am using Edimax 11n USB Wireless LAN Utility, upon opening the edimax application I noticed that the "disable adapter" box is checked, but in network connections it is saying that it is enabled, any help?

A:Cannot fin wireless network connection

do you have your own wireless router - I assume not as you are using BTwifi
do you have BT internet and a username and password to use BTwifi ?

what device are you trying to connect - PC, phone, laptop , desktop
what windows version

how are you posting a question here ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-fin-wireless-network-connection.1153636/
Relevancy 55.04%

Everytime I open Explorer from my home wireless connection, I have to go into the control panel and "repair" the wireless connection. Any idea why? It does not appear to be an issue if I connect elsewhere.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217441/wireless-network-connection/
Relevancy 55.04%

All of a sudden my wireless connection has gone down, thought it might be not paying the cable bill but my pc is able to connect to the internet.

I can connect via cable wire to the laptop from my router and can connect but after downloading and updating necessary drivers from IBM.com's driver list for my Cicso Systems PCI Wireless LAN Adapter, it still isn't working.
Laptop info: IBM Thinkpad T40, Centrino

I did an IPCONFIG and it says:
Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection:
Media State.....: Media disconnected

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
blah blah, it gives me the IP address to my router..192.168 etc..

Anyone have any ideas?

A:Wireless Network Connection

Have you got the router configured to address DHCP, and in the network configuration for the notebook, have it set to assign IP from DHCP? Have you done a site survey for SSID?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.250892/
Relevancy 55.04%

I m using Netgear wireless USB adpater WG111 to connect all my pc n laptop through a wireless router to internet. I actually configure all setting manually and without problem for internet and file sharing even one of the them is Emac. But recently , when i try to link up a PC (which just upgraded from Window ME to XP) to the networking, I facing trouble for internet connection even if I can see excellent signal of my wireless adapter on the screen. I tried so many ways included all of the troubleshoot and wizards inside window but still can't be done.

Surprising, I managed to connect to internet when in the safe mode...

How??? pls help..

gyver

A:Help!!!Wireless Network Connection

Check the Windows firewall settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-wireless-network-connection.365063/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all Have a very frustrating problem Have a HP Pavilion Elite Network Wireless Connection HPE desktop PC running Windows I recently changed my router modem back to my old Belkin N The computer has connected to it in the past For some reason it will refuse to connect wirelessly now When I put in the security key is tells me its incorrect when I know its right and when I use the security PIN off the modem itself it will just say its unable to connect My Laptop ipad xbox samsung galaxy etc all connect fine I have Wireless Network Connection done the following to try and rectify the problem -Installed the wireless profile from my laptop to Wireless Network Connection the HP via USB -Uninstalled and reinstalled the wireless network software -Done a factory reset of modem router -Removed all wireless device profiles from the PC -Created a Manual wireless network profile I am now coming to you guys for advice Any help will be much appreciated On a side note the PC was previously connected to a Netgear N wireless modem router Thanks

A:Wireless Network Connection

Have you changed the MAC number if the routers a) have them, and b) if they do unique ones; or if they have different URLs. It may be that your computer has stored a particular string for the Netgear and is trying to reconcile it with the Belkin. Have you right clicked on your C drive and run a Disc Cleanup to empty all the caches that might contain an errant sign-on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/wireless-network-connection-681268.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two wireless networks one an unencrypted b and the other an encrypted n This brand new desktop employs a USB N wireless adapter I have Wireless network connection never tried to access the unencrypted network from this computer I have configured it to access automatically the encrypted network The connection works fine EXCEPT Issue No It disconnects overnight and I have to launch this connection manually every morning I will have connectivity to the internet but usually lose it after a short period I then usually have to disconnect and reconnect it several times before it gains internet connectivity that sticks That usually is then fine all day long Issue No My unencrypted network has shown up as quot Native WIFI Default Profile quot Occasionally the computer will spontaneously disconnect from the encrypted network and automatically Wireless network connection connect to Wireless network connection the unencrypted network even though the latter is configured for manual connection I REPEATEDLY Wireless network connection a have unchecked all the quot connect quot boxes in its properties but the box for quot Connect even if the network is not broadcasting its name SSID quot always rechecks itself and b have moved it down in the pecking order under quot Manage Wireless Networks quot only to find it bounce back to the top and c have clicked quot Remove Network quot only to have it reappear again later I should add that there is another desktop using XP sitting right next to the one that I am complaining about which automatically connects to the encrypted network with a constant internet connection and stays connected for days on end with no difficulty Thanks

A:Wireless network connection

Sounds like your Wireless drivers don't play nicely with Seven.

~Lordbob

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/55610-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I just got a laptop and a wireless network card. I installed the card (slide it in the right slot) and put in the drivers but i still cannot connect to the internet. I'm sure there's a step i'm missing but the place i got the wireless network card from didn't give any instructions.

Is there more to it then just plugging in the card and downloadin the drivers?

thanks!

A:Wireless network connection

There are lots of steps missing..

"cannot connect" means what? No, your computer will not magically obtain a wireless internet connection the second you install a wireless network card.

What exactly did you try? Do you actually have some device providing you the wireless service?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-network-connection.36922/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just bought the MSI Wind Netbook and am unable to connect to my home wireless network. A screen appears "Choose a Wireless Network". It does not detect my network and says "make sure the wireless switch on your computer is on". Where is this switch???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-network-connection.795505/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi,

my wireless network connection is always on and off. the speed is 11Mbps most of the time. The thing is when I am watching videos on youtube, cnn, etc., it's always disconnecting and then reconnecting itself. sometimes it doesn't and so I always have to manually repair the connection. what seems to be the problem? I noticed that it doesn't happen with the other laptops. So, it seems like it's just my laptop interfering with the connection. If you could tell me how to fix it, I'd appreciate it.

Relevancy 55.04%

So My mother went out and bought a NETGEAR wireless Internet router so that I could take my computer into my room and receive the wifi signal We hooked up the router and everything was perfectly fine until Wireless network connection. I took my computer to my room and Wireless network connection. my mother tried hooking up her HP laptop to the network I have a Mac Anyway once she tried doing that the network is no longer called NETGEAR It says FALLONPE-HP NETWORK the 'fallonpe' part being my mother's username on her laptop The new network asks for a password and this is where the problems start We tried using the NETGEAR password this didn't work We tried using the password for her user Wireless network connection. account on her laptop that didn't work either So my mother completely reset her computer back to it's default settings the default password didn't work Then we hooked my computer back to it uninstalled and then completely reinstalled the NETGEAR program We've disconnected and reconnected the router box several times but no matter what we do it's still reading the network as FALLONPE-HP NETWORK and we have no password in order to connect it If we had the password we'd be able to use the router on both devices So my question is does anyone know if there's a specific default password that I'm supposed to use If so would it be in the instruction manuel or something I'm really out of ideas for this thing and if anyone knows how to fix this problem I'd greatly appreciate your help

A:Wireless network connection.

the default password for most of the routers is either admin or password,but since your laptop is detecting the network as FALLONPE-HP_NETWORK,i think your moms laptop is getting detected as access point for your laptop,so do you get interent if your laptop is directly connected to the router..??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wireless-network-connection-565225.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I know its just a number but it is really annoying and it must be possible to solve it but when seeing what networks are available in the bottom right hand corner it says "Wireless Network Connection 4"

The '4' being the annoying part, it occurred since I've been trying to update my drivers. I know it's harmless but its extremely annoying so please don't just say ignore it.

Thank you for your understanding in advance.

How do I get rid off it?

Edit: Added screenshot

A:Wireless Network Connection 5

Hi mangoh,

You may follow the steps listed below:

1. Remove all 'wireless profiles' manually:
- Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks > Right click to remove all wireless networks listed (Windows will detect the effect networks automatically and will allow you to establish connectivity again; use the 'network security key' if using a secured connection)

2. Re-install the 'Wireless Adapter' drivers:
- Click 'Start' > type 'Device Manager' (without quotations) in the 'search box' > Tap 'Enter' > Locate 'Network adapters' category and expand it > Right click the 'wireless adapter' and 'Uninstall' > Follow through with the uninstall process and restart the unit > Windows is likely to pick the 'WLAN drivers' by itself; if not, you may install the driver from the manufacturer website > Restart the system and recheck results.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/280747-wireless-network-connection-5-a.html
Relevancy 55.04%

hi everyone,

few days ago my connection internet on my laptop was working perfectly, i left on stand by during 2 nights and one morning internet wanst working anymore. it was saying that my connectivity has limited or no connectivity but my wireless is working excellent.

so i had a look on some forums on this site which i found helpful but unfornutely, it didnt work.

basically, i followed the processus to change my ip address, it did cancelled the old one but now it doesnt to renew it...

can you please help and guide me.

thanks
v

A:wireless network connection

Are you at home or on the road in a hotel or some other place with wifi?

Also, do this and post the specified info:

1) Click Start -> Run

2) Enter "cmd" (with the quotes) at the prompt and press enter

3) Type "ipconfig /all" (again, without the quotes and there's a space between the "g" and the"/") and press enter

4) Under the "Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection" heading, give the values for:

DHCP Enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled
IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway

Once I have this information, I'll have a better idea about what troubleshooting path to take.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connection-535464.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I am using a Compaq Presario V6000(V6002AU) with Win XP and since installing Internet Explorer 7 I can no longer connect through my wireless connection. I have no wireless icon in my taskbar or in network connections and I can no longer open the HP wireless assistant. The light on the front is amber and does not change whether the switch is on or off. I have uninstalled IE7 and gone back to 6 but still nothing.

I have tried a system recovery and reinstalling network drivers....

If anyone has any advice on how to fix this I would really appreciate it.

A:No wireless network connection!!

Hi,

Goto Control Panel-->Add Remove Programms-->Add or remove windows components-->check the IE and wanted components and Install it..........
!! Easy Must Be Easy !!

Grass Hopper*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wireless-network-connection.695078/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey. I can't get my Sony Vaio to connect to my brothers WiFi. My phone has connected fine, I'm typing this on it now, and a PC is connected. My laptop connects straight away at home and at uni, no problems there. I'm using Windows 7.

I checked to see if DHCP was enabled using the command prompt, and it says it isn't. So I went in to properties and all the wireless connections and local area connection were already set to automatically obtain an IP address. Might that still be the problem? Is there something else that might be causing this?

I type in the secruity key (correctly, I'm positive) and it thinks for a while before saying it can't connect. Or, a couple of times, it did connect but said there was limited network access/no internet connection.

Don't know much about computers, would seriously welcome any suggestions!