Windows Support Forum

Processor Problem

Q: Processor Problem

Actually what happened is I opened my cpu to clean out any dust so I cleaned it and even cleaned under the processor with a dry cloth.but when I tried to turn on the pc when everything was arranged,a black screen with a paragraph of error is shown.turns off the pc automatically.
My motherboard is fine,it shows a green light in the extreme end.
My processor is working great.
Hard disk is also fine.
But still it is not turning onn. Please help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Processor Problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Processor Problem

Did you happen to have disconnected the power cable from the computer and press and hold the power button to discharge any built up static charges before opening and cleaning inside the computer?
You mentioned you cleaned under your processor. Did you pull the processor from the motherboard or was it still attached when cleaning?
Did you re-check ALL wires and connections? Try disconnecting all cables (to motherboard, hard drive, optical drive, video card, etc.) and then re-connecting said cables, making sure they are firmly seated.
Any chance you can take a photo of the error message and post it here?
May I suggest next time do not use a dry cloth, because you can actually build up static charge within the cloth itself and you could have discharged the built up static electricity into (or onto) one of the computer components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-problem.210948/
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm trying to upgrade the processor on my PC. The board is a generic type I bought after the board it came with fried about 2 years ago.

It's an ASRock P4VM800, and the PC came with an Intel Celeron 2.6 GHz. My boss agreed to let me check out the processors we have in our "Point Of Sale" PC's in the shop to find out what and how I want to upgrade it. I got a Pentium 4 out of one of the PC's. The processors are the same type, 478 pins. The P4 went in just fine, no problems. But when I tried to turn it on, the monitor never came up. All the fans and everything spun up just fine.

My PC is starting to seriously turtle when it comes to videos and graphics online. HELP!

I don't want to have to purchase a whole new PC!

Relevancy 39.13%

I just noticed that when i right-click on my computer in windows xp home editon, it says i have a amd athlon 1500+ (1.35 ghz) but On my sheet of things of what i bought for my computer it says i have a AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8 ghz). Is there any way i can get that back. I had it at one point but changing my hard drive MIGHT have screwed it up. I don't know thats why im posting this....would i have to go into the bios by any chance and change it?

THANK YOU!

The list of things it says i have is..

MSI KT4V-L UPgrade package
AMD Athlon XP 2200+ (1.8 ghz) Socket A CPU
Cooler master socket A heatsink & fan w/ low noise
MSI MS-6712 KT4V-L KT 400 Socket A
Mainboard w/DDR400/Lan/SND/USB2.0

A:Processor Problem?

Go to Google and search for a CPU ID program. Run it and see what really is under the hood.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/processor-problem-10029.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, after installing winxp pro my AMD Athlon 2600+ is seen as 1.15ghz. If I remember rightly it should be 1.8 or 1.9ghz approx.
Any ideas how I can make the OS see it correctly?

A:Processor problem

It's not Windows at fault, it's your motherboard. It should be running the processor at 11.5 x 166MHz but is running it at 11.5 x 100MHz instead. This is a common problem with the newer Athlon XP processors, try updating your motherboard BIOS for a start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-problem.303411/
Relevancy 39.13%

I noticed that my computer began to run slower that normal today, as I was attempting to burn a CD using Roxio easy cd creater 5.0 platnium. Anyways I turned on Norton utilities 2002 system doctor and observed that my processor was peaked out at 100%. I closed all open tasks and system doctor began to show it going back an forth from 15% to 100% and back down again. I also noticed that my cursor was showing the sign as if the computer was busy doing something. Ran a full system scan for viruses last night and it found none. Using Norton Anti-virus 2002 updated. Is my processor going out. Usaually shows 0% on system doctor when nothing is being done. I also thought it might be heat related, so I removed the side case and the fan is running, but it continued to fluctuate.

Did you notice a slow down at boot?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-problem.59971/
Relevancy 39.13%

After many hours of process of elimination i have concluded that i have a bad processor and i was wondering if a bad processor can prevent me from updating my motherboard? i had first thought my mobo was bad but when i swapped it out i had a steady red led light and no monitor signal but everything else was working. but before all that i have tried to update my mobo with msi live update and selected the correct updates but right at installation it said i had a different mobo? well thanks to anyone that read through this and appreciate any input.

A:bad processor problem?

A new processor seems to be the only thing that will tell you one way of the other!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-processor-problem.66331/
Relevancy 39.13%

Ok so I just got my Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits and now I can activate 3 processors in msconfig
I also have decided to play a good old game called Scarface
Sadly it did not work
So I searched for solutions and I tried every one of them but I failed
One of them was to put the processor down to 1 which I did and that didn't work so I uninstalled Scarface
Now my computer can only see 1 processor

To actually proof that I do have 3 processors heres another picture:

Uncheck "Aantal processors:" then restart. Never open that dialog again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/243118-processor-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an Extreme Force 840 which i bought from Xoticpc. It's basically the same thing as an Alienware M17. I have a Core 2 Duo P8700 @ 2.53 Ghz.

A couple of months ago i noticed the cpu fan started making noises, it had no dust build up whatsoever, and the notebook would get really slow, eventually the fan gave up as well as my harddrive. I removed them and received a new fan/hardrive from ASI. i installed them and later proceeded to install windows 7.

Before i use to have a Windows experience index of 5.9 on the processor tab, now it shows a 4.4, if i run it again it increases to 4.6 , 4.7 .

I have downloaded CPU-Z to see if both cores where running and they are, i have cong to msconfig and activated both cores, ive checked the bios to see if both cores appeared but everything seems fine.

Any ideas why the rating dropped so drastically?

A:Problem with my processor?

Sounds like your laptop over heated and kinda fried

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/140748-problem-my-processor.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I am trying to fix an Acer Aspire lappy for a work colleague Browsing the files on the system is fine but asking it to perform any sort Processor HDD problem? Possible or of process brings up the spinning blue circle for a crazy amount of time for example asking for a Full Scan by Microsoft Security Essentials was cancelled after hours as it had barely made it halfway through the run Even after a clean install off of a new OS Disc as the lappy's own Recovery Files seemed to be corrupted - Gave me an Error Message about an I O Device Problem the fault doesn't seem to have been rectified so that's why I'm now thinking it's Hardware I DID manage to get SuperAntiSpyware to complete a run and it showed NO DETECTIONS although it took minutes with several 'long pauses' en route Can anyone suggest how I can approach this or point me towards some Diagnostic Possible Processor or HDD problem? Solutions If I need to post any System Specs or Reports to assist just let me know

A:Possible Processor or HDD problem?

It sounds like the laptop hard drive is dying if the CPU was dying it would be dead they just die....How old is it and how had has it been used? Get diagnostic software from the hard drive manufacture and run it it will tell you whether the hard drive is bad or not but it sounds to me it is...

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/145239-possible-processor-hdd-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an amd 1090t processor.It was having highest 60-62 degree celcius with prime95 with no overclocking at stock cooler.
But,now without overclocking it`s 150-255 degree celcius(using HW monitor) when rendering in 3ds max at 100% cpu usage.I contact my cpu shop from where I bought it.They asked me:R u overclocking your cpu?I said no.They asked me:R u facing any other problems?I said no.
And I`m not having any other problems. my cpu v core is reaching 1.45-1.46.Is it normal?What I do?My temps are not ok.
Additional mobo((MSI) info:
turbo core: enabled
core control: manual
Unlock cpu core: disabled
Amd cool n quiet: enabled
Not overclocked every thing is auto.
Thank you.

Shafi , the large shouting print is not necessary and is offensive.
If your temps were actually 150-255 your cpu would be toast. I think HWMonitor is giving you bad readings. Check your temps in the bios and MSI should have some monitoring software.
60-62c with Prime95 seems to be normal, mine does that too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-problem.1060840/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello dear friends A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my computer is running slow I noticed that cmd exe is using up to sometimes of my processor I noticed random files showing up in C and that when I was searching on google when I was trying to click CMD.exe processor problem. the search results they were redirecting me to random sites The last problem isn t a problem anymore maybe because I runned scans with NOD and more recently with Spyware CMD.exe processor problem. Doctor I tried to fix the problem so I downloaded a program named procexp exe a program which I used to end the process cmd exe but more recently it keept popping up as a branch of the process usbservice exe Now my Yahoo Messenger keeps crashing CMD.exe processor problem. and Pidgin too and Internet Explorer is used as a default browser even though I use Mozilla CMD.exe processor problem. Firefox Here s my HiJackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system mabidwe exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system msservice exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax exe C WINDOWS system WTMKM exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C WINDOWS sysrest exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS sysrest exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files RocketDock RocketDock exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Documents and Settings Ex le Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files HyperIM HyperIM exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system inf rundll exe C WINDOWS system soxpeca exe C WINDOWS usbservice exe C WINDOWS winudpmgr exe C WINDOWS system atwtusb exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS system atwtusb exe C WINDOWS System alg exe E procexp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Pidgin pidgin exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system system exe O - BHO C WINDOWS system uisaj dd dll - D BF - F - BD-F - C D - C WINDOWS system uisaj dd dll file missing O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run MacrokeyManager WTMKM exe O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe quot hide waitservice O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKLM Run Adobe ID ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cmd-exe-processor-problem.801041/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I think something is wrong with my processor fan it after 20 min it makes a really big sound and the only way to stop it is to touch it so it stops making the sound. Im also using SpeedFan and when its not making noises it turns at aprox 4900-5000 RPM but when it starts making sounds SpeedFan marks 0 RPM. Also when the fan makes noises the processor heats up. I hope I explained well ... help would be appreciated thx

Relevancy 39.13%

Hey guys 'n gals.

I just bought a new Samsung Ultrabook Series 7 13.3" which I love dearly.
There is just one problem that makes me a little dissatisfied.

Doing the WEI test I only score 3.5 on the processor part which to me seems a little odd since my computer has 2x 1.80 GHz cores installed.
Samsung Support tells me that some background program/app might be holding down my CPU-speed. But if that's the case, how can I find/terminate that/those program(s) without resetting everything?
And please, if you guys have any other suggestions I'd like to hear from you.

A:Problem w. WEI and processor/CPU

For a dual-core, 1.8 GHz Ivy Bridge CPU, built for saving power, the chances are that the 3.8 WEI score is probably right.

My Core2 Duo at 2.2 GHz scores 5.3...

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/30021-problem-w-wei-processor-cpu.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I bought an AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2GHz 1600MHZ ADA3200AEP5AP Processor off of ebay. It was used. The motherboard is an ASUS K8V-SE Deluxe. I've installed the processor to the motherboard. Now when I plug in the computer to the wall a green light lights up on the Motherboard (like normal) but when I power up the computer the cooling fans start up (again like normal) but nothing else happens. No beeps, grunts and chirps..... Just an error message on the monitor that says "Check connection".

I guess what i'm asking is, is there an easy way to check this processor to tell if it's actually working? If the processor was working and it was infact my vid card, the computer should still sound like its going through the boot process shouldn't it?

Relevancy 39.13%

I got a problem a few days ago. Which is, when i start a downloading client and download anything, my CPU usage becomes very high it uses 100% CPU and makes the whole computer lagg, really bad. This just started a few days ago. Anyone got any idea what i could be?

A:Problem processor!

Try downloading and using Microsoft's Process Explorer (PE). This may help you locate the problem.

The download is actually a self-running extractor, not an installer. You copy the extracted files to a folder of your choice (I use \Program Files\ProcessExplorer) and make a shortcut to the EXE.

PE will show you exactly what tasks are running on your system. Much better than the Win Task Manager.

Suggest the following settings for PE:

Options menu Always On Top
Hide When Minimized
Allow Only One Instance
CPU History in Tray Icon
View menuShow Processes From All Users
Show Fractional CPU
Show Lower Pane
Also, View menu, Select Columns, Process Performance tab, set: CPU Usage
Threads
Handle Count

By the way, the best feature in PE (IMHO) is the [Find] function. When you get those error dialogs that say "whatever.DLL has caused a problem, and..." and you have no idea what to do because Win Task Manager does not list DLLs?

If you leave the error dialog open, you can use PE [Find] to search for whatever.DLL and it will show you what running task called the errant DLL. Much better for troubleshooting.

At work, we have it load at startup (shortcut in Startup folder set to open minimized) and we can easily see when all the boot-tasks are done (low CPU usage) and makes it easier to open PE with the icon in the Tray. I do not suggest this if you're a big PC game player.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/problem-processor-215077.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi

Recently when I've been playing the game Medal of Honor my FPS has been dropping down to between 10 and 20, causing the game to slow down and lag. Normally my FPS is around 100 to 200 or more, but every few minutes this happens.

I think that this is a problem with my processor. I am using a laptop with an Intel Pentium M 1.7GHZ processor. I know that this can handle the game because the game has ran without any problems for months before this started happening.

I have tried the usual solutions such as virus scanning, spyware scanning and formatting my computer, but none have worked. I would really appreciate any help that anyone here can give me.

A:Problem - I think it's my processor

Possibly a heat issue? If the processor gets warm it can throttle down.

FYI gmaing on laptops isn't a good idea, you significantly reduce its life and increase the chances of hardware failures. You'll not that true gaming laptops are quite expensive, buig, and heavy to deal with the extram demand of gaming and the cooling requirements.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-i-think-its-my-processor.472629/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have noticed that when I perform complex tasks which increase cpu usage to 50-60%, in task manager under processor speed, sometimes it constantly switches between 1.6 and 3.2 ghz. I know for a fact that there is something wrong with the processor (e.g. vt-x doesn't work,...), but that never happened before on win7, and processor was the same with the same issues, so what is causing it? Is it the Windows glitch, or processor damage or what?

Also, when I run Powerpoint presentations with a lot of macros and that are greater than 50 mb, it brings up the processor to 50% and every now and then Powerpoint is not responding. That also never happened on Win7, so is it connected to previous subject?

Tnx, Mirac7

A:Processor problem???

OK, now it was 2.13 ghz...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5539-processor-problem.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently installed and tried to play a game, but it didn't work properly. The video was very slow and jumpy and the cursor kept jumping around the screen.

Now, the CPU requirement for the game is 2GHz. My processor is 1.6GHz.

Does it sound like the CPU that's causing the problem or could it be something else? The graphics card maybe?

Many thanks.

Relevancy 39.13%

wow im an idiot, I ordered an athlon xp 3000 333 mhz fsb and i was flipping through my motherboards manual and found out I can only adjust the fsb up to 280 mhz. Am i screwed or will the processor still work? im pretty much a n00b so please dont ridicule.

Relevancy 39.13%

Under "System" in my Xp, it is saying that my processor is 1.35 Ghz, but I know it is 1.8. How can I change that? Or does it matter?

Relevancy 39.13%

i want to add oil to my processor fan in hopes of quieting the fan but i cannot find any openings to add oil

i have removed the label in front of the fan but as i have said there are no openings that i can see does this mean it does not have a ball bearing inside the fan to oil

is the front of the fan behind the label the only place to add oil to a fan

i have a cooler master dont have model no. etc. do know the fan pin is delta and this no. was on bottom of fan AFB0712HHB-FOO(BS) the processor fan is for a intel celeron processor

Relevancy 39.13%

Hello, Ive been having this problem after installing a new Athlon Xp 2800+ processor, my computer says I have a 2600+ but its a 2800+. I used AIDA32 system information utility and it says I have a 2800+ but it also says my CPUID is a 2600+. what gives?

Relevancy 39.13%

I'm working on an old computer for my friend, and when the computer comes on, it keeps beeping. Its not a single constant beep, but several beeps following each other. The beeping never stops until you turn the power off. Here's what I did:

1st attempt: New Video card >>> Same thing
2nd attempt: New Ram >>> Same thing
3rd attempt: Pulled out the processor and turned on the computer. Yes, I know, the computer wouldnt do much if anything, but the beeping did stop.

Processor problem? Or something else?

Please Help

When the pc makes an alarming sound it is normal that the RAM is not inserted proply , but as you have said you have put new ram in then it could be that the CPU has burnt out, remove it and take a look at the back to see if there are any scortch marks or burn marks. It could also be a mother board defect what i sugest is you get hold of a CPU and test it in the main board and if it still continues to alarm then its probably the main board that is causing the problem and a new one is the only solution also try the CPU in another PC.
.........................Let us know Later............................
Things to watch out for is that when testing component parts in another PC watch that the problem isnt caused on another PC.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-problem.54109/
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

A:Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 38.7%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok. I have a ABIT BX6r2 motherboard with a bus speed of 100mhz. I had a P2 266 and worked fine. I resently bought a P3 667mhz with a bus speed of 133. I thought that since my motherboard was slower that the processor would simply slow down to the speed of the motherboard. But i guess that i am wrong. My Computer is now running a 333, and on the bois it is set to 266 still. The computer will not run slower than 333 (thankfully). I have tryed seting the bios to "user define" and I but the multiplier factor to 6.5 (ps i have tryed other factors as well). And it will start up as 667, but when i restart it will always go back to 333. What do i do? Do i simply need a fast motherboard?

Relevancy 38.7%

I have an Asus P5KPL-VM Motherboard and I just got a Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66ghz processor for it. When I go into the bios it says the processor only has 2 cores, but when I go into windows it recognizes all four cores at it performs perfectly. I am wondering if this is or will become a problem, or if I should just ignore it.

Relevancy 38.7%

My Pc wasn't used for a long time.While i tried to re-use it the pc got power but after a while it shut up before starting the window.I tried to enter bios setup but it failed with a message,drive error.My hard disc, ram,power supply,bios battery all are ok. I couldn?t find the problem.If anyone knows please tell me. I will be very gratefull

A:Mothrboard & Processor problem

If the PC sat unused for a long period of time without being plugged in to a wall socket then it it is very likely the 3v battery on the motherboard ran low or died. These are relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. Most PCs us a CR2032 button battery.

Try replacing that and see if it works.

If the battery was drained then your BIOS settings will have gone back to defaults. If there were any changes made before you may need to re-do them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339465-mothrboard-processor-problem.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Dear Friends;

I ve a problem with processor points . It is so so low , 2,8 points. In this forum I see some friends have same processor and have 4,9 points. My before system was vista and it was 4.7 points for processor there.

If there is anyone who experienced this and solved the problem, pls assist me,
Waiting your comments and solutions.Thanks in advance.

MY system:
TOSHIBA A200 1-AH laptop

Processor:Intel core 2 duo T7300 2.0 GHz POINT : 2,8
Ram:2 gb POINT : 3

A:Low processor points problem

Quote: Originally Posted by sidereal

Dear Friends;

I ve a problem with processor points . It is so so low , 2,8 points. In this forum I see some friends have same processor and have 4,9 points. My before system was vista and it was 4.7 points for processor there.

If there is anyone who experienced this and solved the problem, pls assist me,
Waiting your comments and solutions.Thanks in advance.

MY system:
TOSHIBA A200 1-AH laptop

Processor:Intel core 2 duo T7300 2.0 GHz POINT : 2,8
Ram:2 gb POINT : 3

I assume you mean WEI. Try just re running it to see if the number changes. if it doesnt, go into msconfig, and check to see if max cpu is checked. It shouldnt be.
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69958-low-processor-points-problem.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I've just put in an Asrock motherboard with an AMD Duron 1.8 GHZ CPU. I cant seem to get the front panel controls to work, when I put the power lead in the computer comes on straight away. It makes a hissing noise and there is a red light on the front of tower, no picture shows.
Came on once, not sure changes made, however tower was on the side and when I turned it upright, it cut out.
Any ideas? Cheers

A:Help: New motherboard/processor problem

What is the make of your Asrock board?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-new-motherboard-processor-problem.17942/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey people I been looking at different types of processors Processor Speed Problem for a while and things have certainly changed It Processor Speed Problem used to be all about Intel P clock speeds and the faster the clock the faster the speed Doesnt seem to be like that anymore and suddenly have all these new things comming out such as Intel Core Duo Intel Core Solo Intel Core Duo Intel Core Extreme Intel Pentium M Whats going on with all of these Have been reading through the intel website and all through the web but im having problems understanding what these mean Can someone please explain the differences between these and how to compare which are good I am looking for a mult-purpose laptop for a friend Just needs to surf the net watch dvds and videos divx etc do word processing and Excel work Can someone suggest a good one to get For myself im looking for something which will play the latest games very quick and basically be a beast of a machine been looking at the extreme prices but they are alot been thinking core duo Thanks ppl nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I just discovered this forum and Problem {RESOLVED}Processor from what I ve read it s great Here s a tough one I m working on and just about have given up on I just bout a new SOYO SY- VCA motherboard because I wanted to move a little faster than a pentium and this board goes up to a gig I m all hooked up and it s running great with the in it so I went out and bought a new pentium I install it and I can t even get into the soft menu before it freezes up Now I put the in and I changed the settings and disabled everything except the floppy and the hard drive and I got it to boot to the DMI pool and it successfully loads {RESOLVED}Processor Problem I was all excited for seconds then it froze I don t know how but one time I actually made it to the windows slash screen before it froze up I put my back in and everything is beautiful I looked to see if there was any bios updates that might refer to this problem but there isn t Could my new processor be bad I would think that if it was bad it wouldn t fire up at all Please help me go faster I m begging you Rick nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys, I just joined, so sorry if this has already been answered or something.

I got my computer just over 2 years ago. The processor was an Athlon XP 2100+. Today I added a DVD writer drive, the first modification I've done to any computer other than adding RAM. I switched on my computer after finishing it, and to my surprise it said in the BIOS that my processor is an AMD 1500+, which is not true. In windows control panel my processor is recognised as a 1500+.

Does anyone know 1) If this makes any difference to my processor speed, and 2) What did I do that caused this?

Thanks very much in advance for any help

Relevancy 38.7%

My processor was purchased in Its an Intel Pentium GHz It has problem? Processor Possible Solved: performed very well for all these years For the last several months my system has been acting very slow When Solved: Possible Processor problem? I call for my email or open add l programs everything just stops for several seconds and during this slow down I can t select anything else or even cancel my request I ve run antivirus programs SpyBot programs anything else I can think of but no problem is discovered I ve even contacted my mail server and complained because my quot POP quot server times out while waiting My question for the experts that s You is Is it possible my processor is failing Since no function is operating at the speed it should on my system Also if the processor could be the problem can you recommend a processor that would fit my Motherboard The latest quot names or numbers quot of the processors confuse the hell out of me Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack v bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB P Total - MB Free - MB Q Total - MB Free - MB R Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard MICRO-STAR INC MS- Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

Im having a problem with my athlon 2.0 and when I turn it on the light in the front goes on but no video no keyboard no mouse nothing and I hear a wierd like beeping that goes from really fast to slow and its not from the motherboards beeper its a soft high pitched beep sounds like its coming from the processor can anybody help? All I did was 5 mins before take the heat sync off and put it back on exactely how it was and now when I take off the heatsync it smells like its burning almost like melting. Please help.

Relevancy 38.7%

Hi everyone I could Solved: the or problem it processor? Fan be ve recently been trying to fix a friends computer with my basic knowledge of hardware it seemed to me there was a fan problem The computer would stay on for roughly half an hour then cut off from power sometimes doing it quicker if a certain game program is Solved: Fan problem or could it be the processor? running Unfortunatley I don t have much information on the computers sepcs at the moment I opened up the computer and the fan wasn t running properlly So I was sure it was the fan causing the problem I went and bough a replacement fan Which is the one pictured below However the fan will not fit properlly The screws seem to be too small So probally stupidly I screwed in two of the screws to see if Solved: Fan problem or could it be the processor? the fan was the right one and worked Unfortunatley it didn t and the computer now basically cuts off as soon as XP boots I know I will need a new fan that has longer screws to fit into the motherboard But could the processor be damaged Umm I m not sure how that sounds but that s the best way I can describe it at the moment Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

open my computer and look at my processor the number is axda1700dlt3c it is a 1.7 gig but reads as 1,100 mhz but it spose to be reading 1467 mhz not sure what the problem is.

A:processor problem iding it

It is definitely a 1.4ghz processor with a fsb frequency of 133. You need to check your fsb setting in your bios as it sounds like its set to 100.

If you have any problems doing this then post your mobo make and model and i will do my best to help further.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-problem-iding-it.56319/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys Today I turned my PC on after school and everything worked fine I went to reboot and it shut windows down fine but it never started up It sat there blue lights on all fans spinning but my keyboard and mouse didn't light up Also no picture was on my monitor and no mobo beeps So I took out all the memory and put one stick in at a time and tried Weird problem processor all slots Still the same thing happened Then I tried taking out my video card and going into onboard video Weird processor problem because my GPU has died before Still same thing happened Finally I got my brother's CPU Phenom II Weird processor problem x T and installed it It boots up fine So I think it has to be my CPU is dead I install it anyway to be sure It boots Weird processor problem up fine I'm sure this processor thing happened a few months ago I didn't do ANYTHING to the fan or processor when I installed my brother's didn't even touch the the thermal paste Why does this keep happening Is my CPU about to die Any ideas Thanks guys

A:Weird processor problem

Sounds like a faulty motherboard... dead chips don't come back to life.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/166532-weird-processor-problem.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I test my PC at www.pcpitstop.com, the result says:

The processor performance of this system, 394 MIPS (millions of integer operations per second), is significantly lower than similar systems with the same type of processor running at the same clock rate, which perform at 534.24 MIPS, on average.

How can I make it back to the average performance?

Relevancy 38.7%

My friend has a p5n 32 sli premium and a core 2 duo e 6850 now his windows vista system specs is showing it as a 3.0 @ 2.4 and his bios is showing the processor at a 2.4,he had a 2.4 before and swapped it out today.he updated bios etc and same issue any other ideas?

A:Weird processor problem

You need to do a lot more reading on how things work. Start with Scott Meullars new book, the 18th edition of Rebuilding and Repairing PCs, just out. I see you have quite a post history already.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-processor-problem.84536/
Relevancy 38.7%

When I copy something (doing it the same as I always have) and try to paste it in MS Word Processor, I get the following message: " The information you copied exceeds the size limit for posting into the word processor. Try reducing the size of your selection and then copy and paste again". I have tried just copying/pasting even just ONE WORD, and have tried going into a new, untitled page, and still get the same message. I am running windows XP. What am I doing wrong, or what changed unexpectedly to make it start doing this?

A:MS word processor problem

do you have ms word or ms office installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-processor-problem.481352/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi this is Nikhil I have a problem regarding my processor Cyrix MII Problem Speed Processor My BIOS American Megatrends was password protected I came across this utility which removed my BIOS password I was new to BIOS and there were many settings which were unknown to me There was this setting called quot optimum settings quot which I saved When I rebooted my PC there was warning telling me that my CPU speed had changed I panicked and entered a CPU speed of quot PR quot I don t know actual speed of my processor The warning then did not show up the next time I booted my PC Now I came across this help document telling me that the bus speed of Cyrix is Mhz and only few motherboards and chipsets support it I have VIA chipset and I don t know which motherboard I have I am in a fix I have heard that overclocking and under-clocking have same negative effect on the processor So should I change my bus speed to I haven t got any problems with bus speed and Processor Speed Problem Mhz Also I would like to know if there is any utility that calculates the actual speed of processor independent of the BIOS information nbsp

A:Processor Speed Problem

Try the link below, lots of proggies to check cpu, sorry, don't know which work with your type of processor, guess a little trial and error will find out.
http://www.tweakfiles.com/processor/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-speed-problem.34840/
Relevancy 38.7%

Ok guys, hope you can help. I have an old school MicronPC Tranport LT notebook. It's crappy but it does the job. Well a while back its started locking up and I discovered the processing fan wasn't spinning. I noticed that it spins spins while the computer starts up, but once it hits the Windows XP loading screen the fan stops. Also if I stay in the BIOS the fan doesn't stop spinning, but as soon as I exit it shuts off.

Any one have any thoughts on how to fix this?

Relevancy 38.7%

I start the computer,all fine.After loading screen in window system start to load all start up program and others.After this process i can hear a sound like you start the computer, that sound before the POST screen.I have monitorized processor from task manager and CPU usage is goind to 0% when is doing that.
I've checked the processor cooler and the thermal conductive paste, in half of part was like an water mixed with paste and the second half is normal.The cooler is well fixed there.Is doing 4-5 times then will stop and working normal, maybe after some hours to begin doing like that...idk what is going there but must be the processor or something near it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-problem-or-windows.1088401/
Relevancy 38.7%

Good day. I think i have a problem with the processor with my Lenovo G50-30. It started with the day i bought it and open it. The problem is following: when i started the lap top everything its ok, but when i close the lap top and than open it, its very slow. I look at the task manager and saw, that the processor speed its 0.47, 0.50. When i put the charger in lap top again, the processor speed rise up at 2.63. Its not power options problem, everything its High Performance. Please so much i would be greatful if someone help. Thank you.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-30-Processor-Problem/td-p/3321277
Relevancy 38.7%

i just got a core 2 duo E6400 and Asus P5N-E SLi LGA775 MB

So the problem is that i lift the metal plate from the socket, put in the processor but when I put back down the metal plate it doest go all the way down...its like the processor is a bit tall. But the processor should fit with no problem . Ive read reviews from other owners that have the same processor and mb.

any idea whats the problem? Im I doing something wrong?

thanks

Relevancy 38.7%

I have a 600 mhz, but its only registering as a 550, how can I change that?

Relevancy 38.7%

The situation I have a new game that is running poorly I would guess it is either my processor or video card is not in agreement with the game-- Game Requires GHz Pentium IV or AMD Athlon GHZ Reccommended Viedo Car MB DirectX c compliant video card MB recommended What I have is an EMachine Windows XP Intel Celleron D Processor GHz MHz FSB KB Cashe Video- ATI Radeon xpress w available PCI express slot HD GB Memory MBDDP SDRAM The computer information I took off the sticker that is still on the front of the computer I don t know but I am wondering if the slow poor function of the game is because my processor says it s a Intel and not a Pentium If that is the case can I change to a Pentium processor or would there Solved: problem Processor I think be compatibility issues with the rest of my system I am also new to forums so I hope I did this right Thanks for any help Solved: Processor problem I think you can suggest nbsp

Relevancy 38.7%

I built at computer with a pentium D processor on an Intel 945GNT motherboard in 2005. Last year the fan gave out and fried the motherboard, so I replaced it with a DQ965GF. It has worked well. I decided to upgrade the processor and got a core2 duo E6600 which the intel site said was compatible. I installed it this morning and can't get the monitor to work...no boot up screen and just a yellow light on the monitor. I then reinstalled my Pentium D processor and got the same result. i tried it on another monitor and it still did not work. I changed absolutely nothing on the motherboard except the processors and heat sink/fans.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 38.7%

I recently upgraded to a HP,Media Center editon pc, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4 GHz Processor.

When trying to install Photoshop Album 1.0, I receive this message, "This operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. We support Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 , XP Intel Pentium III or 4 processor".

Could my problem with installation be the Athlon processor? When purchasing this computer, our salesman convinced us that the Athlon was just as good as the Pentinum Processor. Any thoughts on this? My computer is less than a week old and having serious thoughts about returning it. I have had problems with other installations. Am I to expect more problems with software and the Athlon processor. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I am getting desperate for advice about the processor.

A:Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

What the message is telling you is that Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is not one of the operating systems that Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 supports. It has nothing to do with whether an Intel processor or an AMD processor is installed. I checked the system requirements for the newer version 2.0, and it also is not supported by Windows MCE 2005.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 has a 13.5 MB patch for it and will upgrade it to version 1.0.1. You can get it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-processor-versus-pentinum-processor-in-windows-xp.440153/
Relevancy 38.27%

First off I will give my Specs Gateway GT Desktop Windows Vista Home Premium -bit OS AMD Phenom Vista Problem? or Processor Problem Triple-Core Processor CPUs GHz GB HD GB Vista Problem or Processor Problem? RAM ATi Radeon HD Vista Problem or Processor Problem? watt PSU Recently my computer has been running slow and it appears to not be from viruses I have run many scan from AVG SB S amp D Comodo etc and nothing pops up After rebooting the computer Vista hangs at a black screen after the green loading bar for a random set of time This time can range from minutes to an hour I used the quot Enable Boot Log quot Attachment function and when I read it it was full of quot Did not load driver quot and most of them were repeating Also most of them had to do with my processor which would lead me to believe it is a problem with my processor as it recently got a new retention bracket and maybe I messed something up but that was weeks ago I m not sure if a HiJackThis log would do any good but if you think it will let me know EDIT Here is the HJT Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Steam Steam exe C Program Files x DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files x NETGEAR WN v WN v exe C Program Files x Xfire Xfire exe C Program Files x IOI ButtonMonitor exe C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows SysWOW conime exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink Lin ail amp SubCH amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gateway com g startpage html Ch Retail amp SubCH amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www gateway com g sidepanel html Ch Retail amp SubCH amp Br GTW amp Loc ENG US amp Sys DTP amp M GT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook speedapps Toolbar - d c a c - d- - e-ae bcc ce - C Program Files x speedapps tbspee dll F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C WINDOWS Config csrss exe F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO MegaIEMn - bf e - a - fd -b - b e c - C Program Files x Megaupload Mega Manager MegaIEMn dll O - BHO Ask com Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com Supertoolbar GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO speedapps Toolbar - d c a c - d- - e-ae bcc ce - C Program Files x speedapps tbspee dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E... Read more

A:Vista Problem or Processor Problem?

It sounds more like a hardware issue more than anything else.

Have you install any new hardware or updated any hardware drivers?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-problem-or-processor-problem.846380/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello,

I have a Core 2 Duo at 2x2.40 GHz, but when I click Properties on Computer, it says:
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40 GHz 900MHzClick to expand...

What is the explanation for the second number? I hope it's not a problem with my processor. A friend suggested a BIOS update for the Abit AB 9 Pro motherboard. Would this solve the problem?

Note that Device Manager correctly reports two 2.40 GHz processors.

-Vlad

Relevancy 38.27%

This is probably a dumb question with a simple solution but, so far, I can't figure it out. I'm trying to write an outline for a research paper using Microsoft Works on my new Dell laptop with Windows Vista installed. Problem:
Every time I try to type a lower case letter (for sub-section of outline) as soon as I type a period or make a space, the small "a" immediately changes to a capital "A"(which I can only use under Roman numerals).
What am I doing wrong or how can I adjust this error?
Will appreciate any solutions. Thanks.

A:Problem with Works Word Processor

Ah, the joys of the intuitive Microsoft selection of programs... What you need to do is open up the program options for auto-correct and tell it to stop doing automatic capitalization. If you like this feature, you could type "A. " (with the space), select the "A" and then type "a", and then click after the space.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/problem-with-works-word-processor-194609.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Sorry, double post check my other thread please until I find out how to delete my posts!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-changing-processor-motherboard.582479/
Relevancy 38.27%

Ok so my old PC has been upgraded slightly - Processor Video Which or , the other? Card some has problem mainly focusing on video card since it got busted times already When it was returned to me I was able to play Oblivion on it on Max but now I can barely play anything without framerate issues Even Morrowind s fps drops from time to time and Morrowind was - Not sure if it s the Video Card bumping up again or the processor free space ram etc What happens mainly is it runs smoothly then it lags for about seconds or more You know like the feeling when you have Which has the problem - Processor , Video Card or some other? a stomach ache and it keeps returning from time to time that s how the framerate problem is like It happens even when I m walking on a quiet area and boom the lag appears It becomes worse on crowded areas in games Like when having big Which has the problem - Processor , Video Card or some other? fights very rarely does it run smoothly Like seconds of smooth running then back to lag and a long time before the smooth gameplay returns So what do you guys think the problem is SPECS XP SP G Ram Might replace this soon GB free on Disk C out of GB GB free on Disk D out of Nvidia Geforce GB Intel Pentium GHz Oh and is AMD Radeon HD better than Geforce nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys,

I've been having a bit of a problem with my computer lately. Intel Centrino running Windows XP. Upon startup, the Norton Antivirus auto protect is disabled. Additionally, the processor is always running at 100%.

I have all the latest Windows and Norton Antivirus updates, have run Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot and CWShredder, all of which came up with nothing. Norton also comes up clean.

I did the online virus at the Trend Micro site, which found and removed the Gaobot virus, but the problem persisted. Subsequently I did another online virus scan at the Panda site, which came up clean?!, but the problem persists.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 38.27%

I have been having problems with my computer starting up, sometimes it boots up and sometimes not. When it does not, it starts off with me turning on the power, all the indicator lights go on then they go off and only the fan remains on and a no signal icon on my monitor goes on and the screen goes black, also when I would unplug the computer and then plug it back in the computer automatically started up with the same result as above. When the problem first occurred I left the computer alone for a week and used my old one. I got some time to look at it so I plugged it in and it automatically turned on and it booted up with no problems.When I shut it off it took three tries of no booting until it worked. I have not shut it off since

Thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi
I am running windows xp home on the hardware below
asus a7v8x-x
xp 2700
512mb
maxtor 80 gb
ati 9200
creative audigy
yesterday I was greeted with the bios screen I got the system disk out
but to no avail, finally I got it to boot at 1300mhz it will not boot on the
two higher speed options
It was running at 2167mhz for over a year and now I am left scatching my head
any ideas
thanks in aticipation

Relevancy 38.27%

I'm having a problem with my laptop, it seems to have a massive drop in performance. I have a AMD Athlon II M300 (2.0Ghz, 1MB L2 Cache) dual core processor. After noticing the lack of performance I checked my windows base score (crude I know) and the score has reduced from 5.7 to 2.9 (it's pretty much halved) The laptop struggles to do medium powered applications and I'm thinking one of the cores has went down (is this even possible?) I've tried using cpu checkers and the speed what comes back is 2.01 ghz, is this right for a dual core, I'm not really sure how it works. Also this test was done directly after a clean install of windows. Any help and advice would be appreciated, thanks. James

A:Dual core processor problem

Check your power profile settings in windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dual-core-processor-problem.195267/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi there,
I have a problem with MCAFEE INTERNET SECURITY SUITE 2006
I iam trying to install it on my pc which is a 64 BIT PROCESSOR and XP HOME
everytime i install it and then restart the pc when it does restart it keeps restarting and restarting over and over, so then i have to reformat and then reinstall WINDOWS XP HOME and then MCAFEE i have now done this 9 times in the last 2 days i have come to the end of installing,
Iam now using my pc with no MCAFEE,
PLEASE can you help me, thanks in adance t4lor.

A:mcafee 2006 with 64 bit processor problem?

t4lor said:

Hi there,
I have a problem with MCAFEE INTERNET SECURITY SUITE 2006
I iam trying to install it on my pc which is a 64 BIT PROCESSOR and XP HOME
everytime i install it and then restart the pc when it does restart it keeps restarting and restarting over and over, so then i have to reformat and then reinstall WINDOWS XP HOME and then MCAFEE i have now done this 9 times in the last 2 days i have come to the end of installing,
Iam now using my pc with no MCAFEE,
PLEASE can you help me, thanks in adance t4lor.Click to expand...

Hi t4lor,

There is a question as to whether McAfee's support for 64-bit is for the corporate version only or applies to your version as well.

Here's a list of 64-bit AVs know to exist currently (from Wilders Security Forum where the question of 64-bit AV support has been raised, i.e. there are not many):

Avast!
NOD32
AVK
Symantec Corporate AV
Bitdefender
McAfee Corporate AV
Next version of KAV/KIS (Open beta works except HTTP monitor)

where KAV/KIS is for Kaspersky AV and Internet Security, and AVK bundles both Kaspersky and Bitdefender for a double layer of protection.

Try not to run on the Internet without at least a good industrial strength AV, and you might want to investigate the issure of firewalls with 64-bit OS as that might be another area that not very many products yet support.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mcafee-2006-with-64-bit-processor-problem.432344/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello

Recently my computer has been turning itself off halfway through burning DVDs or playing games on or off line.

Iv looked at the window task manager while burning DVDs and it shows the processor working at approx %65. If I connect to the internet that sometimes reached %100.

The computer is approx 18 months old. Advent T9102. Pentium 4 2.4 processor. 1 gig memory. ATI X600 graphics card.

I dont have any internet security on here only the windows firewall. I did have Nortons internet security but AOL and Nortons had a problem and the internet wouldnt connect.

Any ideas?? Processor?? Spyware???

Skelly1971

A:Computer turning off. Processor problem???

Probably heat. open your case & blow out any dust from around the vents, fans, processor & heatsink.
Pay particular attention to the fins on the processors heatsink, these can often quite quickly get clogged up with dust.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-turning-off-processor-problem.456825/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello
mostly i close Command Prompt it gives me this
"Windows Command Processor has stopped working"
and here is its detailes

Code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: cmd.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47919317
Fault Module Name: StackHash_9ee2
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000006fff0110
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9ee2
Additional Information 2: 0ff48a235b2336a170cf8b17b8583537
Additional Information 3: 64b0
Additional Information 4: df0561799b1641f7bc57a374c2ecdde2

how can i solve this ?
please don't suggest to do a clean install i've done that already !

Thanks in advance

A:Windows Command Processor problem

I think some application or codecks cause this problem

go to:

Start>>Search>>eventvwr.msc ,go to Application section and check errors,especially pay attention with messages containers some information about cmd.exe,in these messages should be information whats file cause problem - identify program and unistall this.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/184462-windows-command-processor-problem.html
Relevancy 38.27%

When the computer starts slowing down and lagging, how do i know if its the graphics card or the cpu? Of course i'm not mentioning the RAM and assuming that I have a decent (PC) RAM installed on the MB.

A:How to determine if the problem is GC or insufficient processor?

When the PC is slow and lagging, look in Task Manager and Resource Monitor to see if your CPU is straining and if you are using all of your RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/360400-how-determine-if-problem-gc-insufficient-processor.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Tech Specs modem Cable processor? or problem - Processor Pentium MHz BIOS PhoenixBIOS Release Memory MB Hard Disk GB Video NVIDIA GeForce TI Ver Connection Toshiba Cable Modem PCX U I recently upgraded my older computer by replacing its old GB hard drive with a GB hard drive I decided I would install Windows XP instead of Windows on it because Win had some stability problems After spending a couple days trying to upgrade the BIOS and solving other numerous problems I got Windows XP installed Now I'm not sure where the problem lies I have it connected to the internet with the USB connection on the cable Cable modem problem or processor? modem because the ethernet cable goes to my newer computer After being on for about - hours it can't connect to the internet I checked the network status and when I tried to repair it it said quot Failed to query TCP IP settings of the connection Cannot proceed quot Then if I do much more than try to open internet explorer it will say quot Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service quot Keep in mind that I haven't been opening much more than Internet Exporer or sometimes Microsoft Word I just recently upgraded the memory from MB to MB and that seemed to help it a Cable modem problem or processor? little but it still freezes up after a while I'm wondering if there is a memory leak somewhere or possibly it has to do with the USB connection on the cable modem

A:Cable modem problem or processor?

On a cable modem I wouldn't connect it threw a usb. Not saying that's your problem but I'd bet that's a start. Cable Modems seem to work better threw nic.(not sure why) I'd try rerouting it threw the nic first then I'd check to insure that my TCP/IP settings were set to obtain IP's automatically. If it was I'd also try running the IP release & renew commands. I'm not there to see it first hand but that's where I would start. Hope that helped.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cable-modem-problem-or-processor-4832.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I just purchased a new biostar P4m80-m4 motherboard and an intel celeron D325 2.53g socket478 256k processor. Biostars's manual and website indicate that this board supports this processor. However when I booted up the machine I got an error message to this effect: warning cpu has been changed or cpu ratio failed. I shut down the machine and when I tried to reboot I got nothing. The power supply does not even start. I have verified that the power supply has not failed. Anyone have any ideas what is going on?
Leasal

A:mother board or processor problem

Clear the CMOS and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mother-board-or-processor-problem.68389/
Relevancy 38.27%

something call windows command processor keeps poping up every time i say no it comes back. i'm also getting a lot of trojans (which avg is dealing with) my computer is constantly freezing and some internet pages won't load in. i need a bit of help as im not very savy with the computer lingo (so go slow)

all the best
tom

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi guys I ve been having a bit of a problem with my computer a Intel Centrino running Windows XP Professional As described in this thread I am having problems with the processor always running at and Norton Antivirus being disabled on startup I have scanned with the latest versions of Ad-Aware Spy-Bot and CWShredder and nothing came up Norton is completely up to date but does not detect anything untoward I have done online virus scan which picked up a variant of the Gaobot virus but that was cleaned After disabling system restore 100% Problem Processor Antivirus Always at / Norton I performed further virus scans at the Symantec Trend Micro and Processor Always at 100% / Norton Antivirus Problem Panda sites all of which came up clean The problem however remains I am unable to uninstall and reinstall Norton as it came on a separate partition on the harddrive and IBM Australia does not issue CDs for such programs Below is a HJT log which was created when the problem presented right now actually Thanks in advance Klaus Langbein Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS System Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Lexmark Lexmark Photo Center MemoryCardManager exe C PROGRA Lexmark PHOTOC LXBLKsk exe C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities QCWLICON EXE C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C PROGRA ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPHKMGR exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files ThinkPad PkgMgr HOTKEY TpScrex exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files IBM Messages By IBM ibmmessages exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System QCONSVC EXE C WINDOWS System ScsiAccess EXE C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exe C Documents and Settings Klaus Local Settings Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dodo com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dodo com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dodo com au O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run MemoryCardManager C Program Files Lexmark Lexmark Photo Center MemoryCardManager exe -startup O - HKLM Run LXBLKsk C PROGRA Lexmark PHOTOC LXBLKsk exe O - HKLM Run LXSUPMON C WINDOWS System LXSUPMON EXE RUN O - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe O - HKLM Run BMMGAG... Read more

A:Processor Always at 100% / Norton Antivirus Problem

Went to the Processes page, and a program called 'rundll32.exe' is using all of the processor, but I am unable to end process - I will click 'end process', then 'yes', but it will not disappear.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-always-at-100-norton-antivirus-problem.257043/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello, Today I upgraded my notebook with new processor, replaced intel pentium b980 with i5 3210m. My question concerns bios update since in my current version of BIOS which is f24 there are no options for hyperthreading and turbo boost and new i5 processor has those possibilities. I have searched and wasnt able to find newer version of bios for my system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-upgrade-and-bios-problem/td-p/5611713
Relevancy 38.27%

hello all problem: before need Processor new a buying one advice and good day i just want to get some advices from you guys well here my problem one day when i came home from Processor problem: need advice before buying a new one school my computer started to act strange when i turned on some games it automatically turns off and i was a little puzzled because this is the Processor problem: need advice before buying a new one first time it acted strangely after reseting the bios and still got the same problem i opened my computer while still running and lo i found that it has a fan failure and the heat sink is pretty hot thats what you get when you dont have an after market cooler and running your computer so i really dont have any experiences about processors and out ouf sheer curiosity i tried pulling out the fan and i forgot that the processor was glued to the fan i didnt also see the screws attach to the fan so i thought ill just pull it together with the heat sink so i pulled out the fan and also the heatsink together with the processor stupid right so i paniced i tried puttung it back and locking it but when i turned on the computer is acted more strangely it turned off and turn on again and turn off again and turn on again so i pulled the processor again and found out that the pins where bent i tried to straighten it but then again one of the pins broke and disloged from the processor there goes my pesos i know that when a little pin is broke it is useless my current problem is i want to buy another processor but im worried that my motherboard might have a defect because i pulled the processor forcefully i want to check out my motherboard if its ok but i dont know where to start can you guys give e some advice on what complications might appear because of what i did and can you give me some advices on how to check it thanks to you all thank God for good people like you thank God for the internet also by the way im running on amd athlon X socket am gigabyte S series M SLI-DS GeForce Gt soniic thank you guys ill be expecting your reply thanks nbsp

A:Processor problem: need advice before buying a new one

What defect do you think you might have caused on the mobo? The only way you can possibly check is to run a fully working processor+HSF combination on the system.

Also what is your budget for a new processor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-problem-need-advice-before-buying-a-new-one.134852/
Relevancy 38.27%

I've been noticing this for awhile now, and it never happened before a couple of months ago. Whenever I'm streaming a video it will randomly (or at least it seems random) lag, sound usually stays normal, but video comes to a crawl and comes near stopping if not completely stopping for 5-10 seconds. I've noticed this while playing world of warcraft as well, the computer will completely stop responding and all sound and video freezes for a few seconds.

I'm using an HP DV6568SE laptop with the following specs:
Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, 2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, Vista Home Premium, nvidia 8400M.

I'm thinking its either a GPU or CPU problem but i'm not entirely sure. If anyone has any idea on what I can do to figure out what the problem is or fix the problem it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A:Random lag (possibly processor problem..?)

Its not your processor or your graphics at all, this happens to all of us. Sound streams in quicker than images will as there is a lower amount of space needed for a sound than there is for a video. Your network is likely still getting the video but has the sound before then which will sometimes cause a lag within the video stream.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-lag-possibly-processor-problem.827666/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello folks I've got a serious issue that keeps popping up from time to time Usually a format reinstall fixes it but it's time for me to stop putting a bandaid on the wound and ask the pros what they make of it So here I am Let me explain what caused it first then we'll get on to the problem Last night I loaded up Winamp and decided to play Battlefield while listening to music I load up the game music is playing and WHAM Blue screen with no noticeable stop errors What got me was a lot of popping and crackling XP Processor/Kernel going crazy Problem: sounds coming from my XP Problem: Processor/Kernel going crazy speakers that was so loud I had to turn them off I rebooted my computer and here's what started happening My PC was running sluggish so I checked the Task Manager and noticed my Processor and Kernel was moving from to to etc etc etc all in the span of a second Now this has happened before each time with the popping sounds a blue screen and an eventual PC wipe Here is a screenshot of my Task Manager My specs are Intel P mhz FSB w Hyperthreading sticks of mhz RAM gig stick of mhz RAM gig SATA Seagate HD Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy ZS BFG Tech GeForce OC meg PCIX Video Card I've tried uninstalling Winamp and removing the sound card from the system all together Neither of them work My brother suggested a chatty NIC but there's no way of checking that to my knowledge and I can't afford to just start replacing parts Does anyone have any suggestions for me I've been a hardware tech for a long time now but this is new to me even And I've been out of the game now for a few years as well Any help is appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-problem-processor-kernel-going-crazy-122869.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an AMD turion 64X2 1.60 GHz processor and XP SP2 operating system. when i play Counter strike i run faster than other players. my laptop is one year old but i am facing this problem only from the last 2-3 weeks. and the speed keeps on varying sometimes its very fast and rarely at normal speed.

Someone said that turning one processor off by going into the BIOS will be helpful, is this the only solution? and if so then how to turn it off.

A:Counter Strike Speed Problem on AMD processor

what machine is it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/counter-strike-speed-problem-on-amd-processor.621091/
Relevancy 37.84%

Lately, when I start up my PC... the system hangs on the 'processor id' portion of POST. It will continue within a minute or two, test RAM and then finish the boot process.

Nothing has changed with the configuration of my system recently... so my thoughts go to problems/imminent failure with some kind of component. Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Boot hangs on Processor ID... BIOS problem?

Try resetting the bios... Things like quick boot and show splash screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/boot-hangs-on-processor-id-bios-problem.62600/
Relevancy 37.84%

On my new clean install of Windows 7, I noticed that my mouse was randomly stuttering for a short second or two. The best way I can describe it is that someone is randomly unplugging and plugging it back in very quickly.

After a short search, I heard it was some sort of processor problem in the msconfig.exe -> Boot -> Advanced Options

My computer is a 2 core, 4 thread processor. I tried setting it to 2 processors; the issue didn't seem to arise. However my FPS in games dropped drastically.

When I changed it back to 4 processors, it came right back. Any idea on how to fix this?

MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel Core i5-2415M CPU @ 2.30 Ghz, 4.0 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics Family
Logitech G400 (no problems on other computers)

A:Mouse Stuttering Problem: Processor Related?

You may try running the Hardware Troubleshooter and check if that could diagnose the problem:

a. Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.

b. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under Hardware and Sound, click Configure a device.

c. ‌ If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
You could try deleting the mouse driver in Device Manage, then reboot the machine, Windows will reload the driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445452/mouse-stuttering-problem-processor-related/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,

I am new here and hoping someone can help me. Recently my speakers have started crackling when they are turned on. It gets worse when sound is coming out. I know it sounds like a case of a blown set of speakers, but I bought another set and they still don't work. I have a Dell Dimension 4600 with a Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM). The driver I am using is ctaud2k.sys. If anyone has ANY ideas, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

A:Creative Audigy Audio Processor Problem

Your audio driver may be damaged or corrupt. There should be newer ones on Dells web site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/creative-audigy-audio-processor-problem.54894/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello all In the past week I ve come across problems with my pc which I don t know if they are related or not I use Comcast Highspeed Cable Internet and I ve noticed as of late that my connection seems to have a wave effect while downloading Hangs/Internet Not problem/Processor Showing IE It ll go high then low then high then low I use a Linksys Router and Modem but I haven t done anything or changed anything to my internet connection properties either on my pc or through the router modem I have yet to upgrade to the new Internet Explorer because I ve heard of people having several problems with it so I m still using the old stable IE Trouble I ve been having lately though is as I browse webpages it IE Hangs/Internet problem/Processor Not Showing tends to hang for about - secs then all of the sudden the page loads up all at once I ve ran virus and spyware checks defragged and performed a scandisk everything seems fit What finally led me to post here is today I found a rd problem I just noticed that on the General Tab under System Properties my processor info has gone missing I use Windows XP sp and all the System info is there all the Registered to info is there but under Computer the only info listed is my RAM If anyone has any suggestions to either or all problems I greatly appreciate it Thank you ahead of time AMD Athlon XP Socket A chip MSI KT V VIA KT series motherboard ATI Radeon x pro DDR RAM AGPx vid card GB RAM Soundblaster Live nbsp

A:IE Hangs/Internet problem/Processor Not Showing

Why don't you post a HijackThis log so we can see what we're working with?

With cable broadband, you're sharing the pipe with a node, so if there are lots of users on the node, your speed can vary with the overall load. That could be a partial answer for 1. and 2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-hangs-internet-problem-processor-not-showing.539152/
Relevancy 37.84%

I have a Dell Latitude C840 and since last night it has been running at a speed of 1.2 GHz instead of the normal speed of 2.0 GHz. It's really annoying as everything's choppy as hell. I checked the BIOS and sometimes it says it runs at 2.0, and sometimes it runs at 1.2. The problem is I don't have the main password to permanently set it to 2.0 GHz (bought it used) and have no idea how to reset the password in order to change the clock speed.

If there's another way of doing this without going through the BIOS, please let me know.

A:Processor speed problem with Dell laptop

Sounds like an overheating issue. You may need to have your CPU's cooling system checked and cleaned. Are you able to do this, or will you take it to a repair shop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-speed-problem-with-dell-laptop.92280/
Relevancy 37.84%

hi im new here and i just started having this real weird problem. I noticed firefox starting acting real strange. like when i resize it just freezes and i can not move the mouse to the windows taskbar i have to clt alt del and then it works. Also i noticed when i went to hulu to watch a video it played slow which never happend before not like loading slow but the video itself. I dont know what it could be if anyone could help that would be great.

update. ok so i just remembered that i could run firefox in safe mode so i did and its now its running smooth went from 50% pc usage to 5% im wondering if it can be one of the addons i have??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/firefox-problem-more-then-usual-processor-usage.826976/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello,I've been having this problem with Microsoft Works Word Processor for as long as I can remember. I'm finally hoping to get an answer as to why it happens and how to fix it.Every time I copy something, for example, a passage from an email I typed, and then try to paste it into a new word document, this is the message that pops up:If I try to do it again, the process just repeats itself. Why is this happening, and how can I fix it?Thanks so much!MicheleEdited to add:I've never been notified of a solution as the message states will happen if one is found, and, as I mentioned, this has been a problem for well over a year.Merged topics ~ Hamluis.

A:Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem

Hello,This is another problem that I've been having with Microsoft Works Word Processor. I tried to get help with this a long time ago, but it was never really resolved, from what I remember.For some reason, whenever I try to open a document that has previously been saved, reopened at a later date, and re-saved, I get this message every time I open it again. I just end up hitting save again and replacing the original copy with the new copy even though they are exactly the same. Previously, a "helper" on Bleeping Computer told me they thought it was happening because my computer was shutting down on it's own, but this is not always the case. Anyway, here's the message:Thanks,Michele

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/386759/microsoft-works-word-processor-problem/
Relevancy 37.84%

My system specs are as follows Dell Inspiron e Laptop Processor Intel R Core TM CPU T Ghz Ghz RAM GB OS bit Windows Vista HDD GB RPM Western Digital Hard Drive Ok guys just recently within the past weeks I installed a new HDD into my laptop I upgraded from the stock GB drive to a GB RPM WD drive I reinstalled vista all drivers seem to be working and up to date and my system is faster then ever Theres 100% causes Processor usage (single program this) problem only one problem though Problem Wen doing things such as installing a program playing WoW or any other game The processor seems to focus ONLY on that and I cannot do anything Processor 100% usage problem (single program causes this) else even opening up My Computer takes about seconds for it to fully load In task manager the game or program is using of the CPU I don t know whats going on here or what to do all I know is that its the most annoying thing ever and I cannot stand it Browsing the web on Mozilla is fine though that doesnt use of the CPU only happens wen I install something or am playing a game such as WoW Warcraft etc This never used to happen before If anyone has any suggestions or can help me in any way your help will be greatly appreciated Processor 100% usage problem (single program causes this) Thanks guys nbsp Processor 100% usage problem (single program causes this)

A:Processor 100% usage problem (single program causes this)

If you're starting fresh, have you defragged your system? You HDD is probably 'hopping everywhere' to find anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-100-usage-problem-single-program-causes-this.132167/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,

When i open Microsoft Works Word Processor an error pop ups saying:
"Microsoft Works Font Cache has encounted a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

I was just wondering how to fix this problem. If you need anymore information then just say.

Thanks in advance

A:Microsoft Works Word Processor problem

You might have to reinstall the Works suite, or try restoring your computer to an earlier state. but have you considered using a different, more modern productivity suite such as Open Office at openoffice.org ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-word-processor-problem.764336/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello I m not very good with computers so bare with me please I am a university student and today when Processor Word Problem Works Microsoft I went to open my class notes in Microsoft Works Word Processor I found nothing but a blank page The file was still there with the exact same name but Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem all the text was gone The document contained hours of lecture notes needed for an exam in days so I m naturally pretty anxious for help Microsoft Works Word Processor Problem I have since turned my computer on and off I have tried converting the file to rich text format and back to no avail The size of the document says a mere kb now as well I opened the seemingly blank document with notepad and found a bunch of jargon along with interesting clues One was very small pieces of my class notes here and there in between the coding and jargon The second was towards the end of the coding where it said various random things about my HP printer I did perform a printer test today and was wondering if that did anything to delete or corrupt my notes I performed a system reset back to PM the file appeared blank at PM when it said it was last modified The file is still blank I have also checked through the recycle bin nothing I ve got Windows Vista and my computer is a Gateway Notebook months old These notes are very important to me and my grade in this class I have backed up material from weeks ago but with hour classes i would still be missing a lot of material gt lt Any help is much appreciated thank you very much Neil nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-word-processor-problem.806845/
Relevancy 37.84%

I over-clocked a old celeron D 2.6GHz. after I over-clocked it the computer runs but wouldn't boot. tried clearing CMOS, disconnected the power from wall, PSU... nothing ever replaced RAM and CPU.

A:Overclocking Celeron D processor became dud, suggestions to the problem?

Just to make sure...killing the power to it for a few seconds won't clear the CMOS if there is a battery on the motherboard. If there's not a jumper to clear the CMOS then try unplugging it, taking the battery out for a few minutes then putting it all back together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-celeron-d-processor-became-dud-suggestions-to-the-problem.183340/
Relevancy 37.84%

Can any body tell me the main diff between the core 2 duo processor and core 2 duo processor with centrino.

Thanks
_______

A:Diff between centrino processor and core 2 duo processor

In a word nothing, the centrino branding does not refer to any specific additions to the processor, it is simply a label that is attached to laptops which use intel branded processor, integrated graphics and wireless chips.

Centrino is more of a marketing tool that Intel use to boost sales of their graphics and wireless chips, so you can pretty much ignore it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diff-between-centrino-processor-and-core-2-duo-processor.770100/
Relevancy 37.84%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 37.84%

Quad processors are darn expensive You can have a hand in helping me build my new laptop Speed is a priority when I use my computer for PLEASURE I can deal with an occasional slowdown When I use my computer for a WORK or a SCHOOL project and I experience a slowdown I feel like breaking bodies or punching a hole in the wall I m buying a new laptop I ll be using it primarily for work and school I d say quad a buy I Decision processor? or time: should a processor duo of the time that I use the laptop it will be used for serious - business stuff primarily work and school That s why when I customize my new laptop I m going Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? to customize it with gigs of RAM and a quad core processor to have as much speed as possible and as high a flow rate as possible Is that a good build strategy My work school laptop will gt be used for heavy Internet duty gt be used heavily for programs like Dreamweaver Photoshop and Flash gt i will not be using it for computer games but note if i have to sell the laptop on Craigslist in a year or two I d like this laptop to appeal to gamers so I can sell it quicker faster gt i don t have a lot of disposable income The quad processor costs a few hundred dollars more Since I ll be using my Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? computer for work and school and since I might be making more money a year from now If I have to and with your advice I ll pay the extra cost nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I have just installed all new ASUS P B Deluxe motherboard Intel Dual Core E processor NVIDIA gt graphics card gb ram into my pc and a HIPER W power supply So basically now its all new apart from hard drive tower floppy drive fans I have windows XP with SP The pc was working fine before the new parts were installed but now after it has froze a few times It seems to work fine for the first few hours but then I will restart the machine and then it will freeze on the windows xp loading screen I - problem core dual freezing and with new processor motherboard will problem with freezing - new motherboard and dual core processor then restart it to try again and it still happens Yesterday night it wouldn t load into windows after i restarted it however this morning it loaded into windows fine Tonight I started having the problem again so I decided to install my old NVIDIA geforce graphics card So far it seems fine My brother who also has nearly the exact setup as me apart from having an Intel D XBOX motherboard is also having the same problem He has taken his old memory out and replaced it with better Corsair memory but is still having the problem Is there anyone that can help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi. I'm helping my grandparents with their new laptop and am showing them how to use the Works Word Processor. For some reason, after the first time we send something to print with multiple copies, it will only ever then print 1 copy even when you specify you want more. Has anyone come across this before and know of any solution, as its very annoying to have to print single sheets each time! Thanks in advance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-works-word-processor-printing-problem.839646/
Relevancy 37.41%

Recently within the last days i ve suffered video audio skipping of both video and Video audio skip - problem? i7 / processor Core audio Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? specifically random split second audio cut outs which can happen in patterns seconds and sometimes minutes apart it also affects what is shown where it skips video in intervals split seconds in a similar way that it does with audio i ve systematically narrowed down the cause of it but no closer to a Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? solution Video card driver - The most recent driver for that has been installed Headset - I purchased a new one I even disconnected it for few seconds to make sure it wasn t the USB ports and the video skipped anyway USB Ports - see above Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem? Adobe Flash Player - It was recently updated and the video audio skip remains I have had a new internet connection installed which is approx x faster than my old one so I ll test that to see if it s that if it isn t then that can be narrowed down if it is I might have to get a new wireless adapter that can handle it The PC I use is years old it has the following Intel Core i processor ATI Raedon HD series graphics card gb ram Windows -bit If you need additional info I can provide it nbsp

A:Video / audio skip - i7 Core processor problem?

Additional: The internet connection was turned off to test whether that was causing the video / audio skip, it had no effect at all, so that can be narrowed down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-audio-skip-i7-core-processor-problem.178606/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am using an Intel Core 2 processor. With motherboard Gigabyte 945. I have xp pro version 2002 service pack 3, v.3244. I am also using Ubuntu 8.04 and I use grub boot loader.

My problem is when i want to shut down xp it shuts down and within 1 sec it starts again. I have tried starting in safe mode and "sc config intelppm start= disabled" writing this command in cmd but this didn't help.
My pc shut downs properly in Ubuntu 8.04.

A:Endless reboot problem in XP sp3 (intel Core 2 processor)

I have the same issue and what it seems is that MICROSUCK is not doing anything about a fix for this issue. I have to press the power button on my new system to force a shut down.
Rumor has it that there's already a class action against MICROSUCK for thier latest **** UP. God a hate windows!
From what I read around the web, we're better off doing a clean install and forget about SP3 until those dumbmothers get their **** together.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/endless-reboot-problem-in-xp-sp3-intel-core-2-processor-280921.html
Relevancy 37.41%

My Windows 7 is getting freezed and also, giving blue screen memory dump errors sometimes, whenever I use M-audio Oxygen 61 with FL studio and sometimes, even during the run of FL studio 10 or Cubase... mine is 32 bit and with 4 GB... The processor is Intel and I use Yamaha external audio interface...Do you think it is the problem with the processor.. Also it happens when I browse..it happens intermittently..What is the reason?

A:Windows 7 - 32 bit, Intel Processor, with FL studio freeze problem

Hello shanvimal.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229077-windows-7-32-bit-intel-processor-fl-studio-freeze-problem.html