Windows Support Forum

Cannot access Vista PC on LAN

Q: Cannot access Vista PC on LAN

Hi. Since a recent malware infection I have been unable to access one of the PCs on my home network. The PC shows up in the Network device list and maps but I get the 0x80070035 error message when attempting to connect to it. I can't ping it from either of the other two machines on the network even with its firewall disabled. I have searched many forums for a solution and followed all the recommended courses of action but have so far been unsuccessful. I have full access to the network from the problematic machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot access Vista PC on LAN

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Cannot access Vista PC on LAN

need more info on the " 0x80070035 error message"

get a command prompt and enter EVENTVWR.MSC
open the SYSTEM LOG and look for ERROR events
Find the first one, double click to see the details
*IF* it is your 0x80070035 error, click the little document icon below the down arrow
(which copies the data to your clipboard). Come back to this thread, reply and PASTE
the content

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-access-vista-pc-on-lan.184218/
Relevancy 40.42%

I ve just spent two days of my life with no sleep pulling my hair out trying to solve this problem After spending for Microsoft live support I learned that it was a bug in Vista I search everywhere on the MS blocks Solution: with multiuser Vista, Access access net to find a solution and never found it so I felt it was my duty as a person who has previously benefited from others postings to post it here Anyway enough introduction Problem description Microsoft Access any version - EVEN Operating system is Vista pretty sure all versions I tested on two versions Create an access application Solution: MS Access with Vista, blocks multiuser access split the database Put the front-end on two computers and the back-end on one computer -- link both to the same backend ONLY ONE USER CAN OPEN A BOUND FORM AT A TIME in this multiuser environment Note that you will notice that the computer that quot owns quot the backend can open and close forms regardless of what the other computers are doing But all other computers are locked out if anyone else is using the database This is a BUG in Vista The current quot work around quot is to add a registry key and all is well Run regedit and find the path HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Services LanmanServer Parameters add a DWORK -bit key with a value of zero Name the Key quot SMB quot That s it It would be nice if the good folks at Microsoft would let us in on these little secrets This has got to be affecting s of people companies around the world Well I ve done my duty Happy computing nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Hi everyone from Vista XP access 7 Can shares Windows from (access but denied) not I'm mostly a Linux Can access Vista shares from XP but not from Windows 7 (access denied) guy these days so I'm no longer clued up about even simple Windows issues Bear with me I have one PC running Vista home basic one running XP professional and one running Windows home basic There is a printer connected to the Vista box which is shared On the XP box I can both see and use the printer on the Vista box i e a quot net view vistabox quot shows the printer and under quot printers and faxes quot I can install and use it On the Windows box however I can see the Vista box i e a quot net view quot shows it in the list of available PCs on the network but a quot net view vistabox quot gives me an quot access denied quot error The Windows machine has a password on it the Vista and XP machines don't All machines are on the same workgroup name which is quot WORKGROUP quot On the XP box I don't need a password to access the shared printer on the Vista machine it just works Extensive Googling has failed to render enlightenment nor has browsing this forum I'm sure it has something to do with security and passwords somewhere somehow but I have no idea in which direction to look for it let alone fix it I have also read some things about workgroups and homegroups not being the same in Windows but I'm not sure if this is correct and if so relevant All suggestions on where to go from here would be greatly appreciated FvW

A:Can access Vista shares from XP but not from Windows 7 (access denied)

Welcome to the forums frankvw!

Try this: File Sharing - Between XP and W7 (and vice versa)

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/187708-can-access-vista-shares-xp-but-not-windows-7-access-denied.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,
I just got Vista working and i'm surprised by how much it has improved since the betas...or even RC1. There are a couple things I can't seem to fix though: 1st ( a networking problem ), I'm trying to share folders in Vista in a way similar to how I'm used to doing it in XP. I got the folder to appear and I can see it from my xp computer but I'm denied access when I try opening it. So far I've done the following: Changed the network type to 'private network', turned ON network discovery, turned ON file sharing, and have the remaining 4 categories turned off in the Network and Sharing Center. Then I right clicked the folder I wanted to share, properties, sharing tab, Advanced sharing, checked 'share this folder' and clicked apply.

-Only active firewall is Vista's.

Relevancy 39.13%

I spent hours making a new file and form on the laptop...
Tried to transfer it to PC only to get an error message, about wrong format.
Both are using word2000 program.

any suggestions?
sorry this is so short for my first post... I am already late for work.
I just stumbled across this forum.

A:vista on laptop... xp on PC.... cant transfer access files from vista to xp?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-on-laptop-xp-on-pc-cant-transfer-access-files-from-vista-to-xp.606748/
Relevancy 36.98%

A friend of mine has an HP DV laptop He can t boot Windows Vista anymore for some reason but he wanted to clean up anyway so he asked me to back up his pictures and re-install Vista and all his programs No problem I thought BUT Since Vista won t boot not normally or in safe mode I tried booting Ubuntu from my USB-drive Back up stuff and format the hard drive Unfortunately Vista didn t close Vista Can't partition in access Vista the NTFS partition properly so I Can't access Vista partition in Vista can t access it in Ubuntu so I went to plan B Plan B was remove the hard drive put it in my Vista-PC backup and format But for some reason I can t access the drive Vista recognizes there s a drive and gives it a drive letter but when I try to access it in explorer Vista says quot Location is not available quot quot F is not accessible quot and Can't access Vista partition in Vista quot Access denied quot all in screen If I go to the properties of the drive it says it s bytes big My Vista Computer manager recognizes the drive better It tells me it s Can't access Vista partition in Vista a GB partition GB used GB free There s also another partition on that drive which I can access normally So that tells me the drive is ok physically right I ve set the permissions to full although there were a few files I had to skip because Vista didn t allow me to change the permission on those Now hoe can I access this partition and back up the important data on there nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

Question Please read my section on previous attempts before making posts PC Vista Ultimate PC Vista Home Premium SP PC Vista Business Network PC are wired PC is wireless and connect via a Netgear DG G wireless router with DHCP used to assign all IPs Sharing Settings on all PCs Denied" file to Vista Vista "Access is sharing Network Discovery ON File sharing ON Public folder sharing ON Printer Sharing OFF Password Protect Sharing OFF Media Sharing OFF I have spent weeks on this now I recently installed Vista Ultimate on my main pc PC and using Vista to Vista file sharing "Access is Denied" the default sharing wizard shared a series of folders to the 'Everyone' group as I allow my private home network to access my shares anonymously Everything was working fine for the first few days PC and Vista to Vista file sharing "Access is Denied" PC where able to successfully access the shares until one day it just stopped working and when PC PC attempted to access the shared folders via Start gt Network or UNC Path VISTA it would say Access is Denied Having said that to make it more complex the shares are accessible if you type the folder share name ie VISTA Movies I spent the next few days researching uninstalled all the hot fixes inc SP I had applied changed every security setting there is and read over related access is denied forum topics Most of these related to vista sharing to xp but mine is VISTA to VISTA and I swear I have not made the comical errors others have I ended up doing a fresh install and everything was fine again so I thought it was a once off After a few days the same problem came back I thought it must have been one of the hot fixes I installed or SP or another application It is important to note that file sharing works seamlessly between PC and PC In an attempt to save your time and effort here is a list of the things i have already tried and yes I reboot after every change - Disabled Windows Firewall and Windows Defender on PC I have NO other firewall virus or antispyware products installed until I figure out this problem - Ensured the network location was set to Private under Network and Sharing Centre - I confirm the Everyone group has been given full access under the Sharing and Security tabs for all shared folders - I have granted permissions using the advanced sharing window no difference - Confirmed guest account is enabled I can also confirm that the event viewer on PC does not display any denied errors but instead all guest access is granted without a problem - Disabled Enabled IPv no difference - Checked that NetBIOS is enabled in the network card settings - Checked File and Printer Sharing is enabled in the network card of all PC s - Workgroup is set to the same as the other computers ie HOME - Using IP ie instead of computer name no difference - Previously modified a whole rang of Security policies if anyone thinks its one of these I will list the exact ones I changed I always revert it to default if it had no effect after reboot - My concurrent connection limit is not being hit Does it matter that I change the location for ALL of my original C users username folders ie Pictures Movies Searches Contacts etc to another hdd ie F profiles usernames I was thinking that maybe the default view when doing VISTA was corrupt or needs permission This is my only last thought to myself before I reformat and go back to XP Also to reiterate the shares are accessible if you type the folder share name ie VISTA Movies Just not VISTA Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Vista to Vista file sharing "Access is Denied"

Permissions are given in 2 different places.
So check that permissions are granted as you wish to "everybody" in the security tab as in the share tab.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/153343-vista-vista-file-sharing-access-denied.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a desktop and a laptop. The desktop is running vista business and the laptop is running ultimate. I hate posting this dumb question because i feel like EVERYBODY must have this problem, but i didnt actually find any FIXES. I've shared the root directory of my hard drives 2nd partition (D In the network and sharing center, I've disabled password protected sharing and i've granted access to "everyone" in the share settings. I did not use any wizards. I cannot open that share from the laptop. I CAN, however, open the public folder. WHAT is going on somebody MUST have some answers, but I really don't. Please help, so that I can fix everybody else's computer too. Thanks, Dan

A:Solved: Vista "cannot access \\computer\path" (both pc's are vista)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-cannot-access-computer-path-both-pcs-are-vista.732323/
Relevancy 34.83%

1st: Good day to all. Long time no be here.
2nd: I checked the last 3 pages or so and found no thread that seems to have the same issue.
3rd: Now down top business. Last month my IE7 decided to quit working. It keeps saying that is needs to get a new IP address but errors out. Then I went to Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland for a couple of weeks for Hazmat school. Now my Vista will not allow me to sign on. It errors out and then returns me to the log on screen. This is the error that I get: Code: 0x0004F002, the software licensing service reported that rights consumption failed.

Has anyone experienced this and if so how do I fix it? I will be on here until about 8 pm then I go watch drag racing. I appreciate any suggestions amd assistance. Thank you.

Doug

Relevancy 34.83%

I need help!

I recently set up a router at home (D-link DSL-2740B). This I connected to my home pc via cable. I set the encryption to WEP (this is the only security my work laptop will support). But my home laptop (running Vista SP Home Premium doesn't connect if this WEP encryption is set (it only connects if WPA).

Does Vista not recognise WEP? How can I change the settings on my Vista laptop to accept WEP?

Grateful for any advice.

A:WEP access on Vista SP

You have to create the connection manually. If you right click on the network and sharing center, choose connect to a network. At the bottom, click on "Set up a connection or network." From there, choose "Manually connect to a wireless network." Enter your desired name and under security type, choose WEP.

On a side note, if you can avoid using WEP, by all means do. Its gone the way of the dinosaur and is VERY easy to crack, in fact, there are guides on how to do so on youtube.

Hope that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/191186-wep-access-vista-sp.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I've got four desktop computers in a LAN. Three are running XPPro, one is running Vista Ultimate.

All of the XP machines can fully share with each other and the Vista pc can grab stuff from the XPs. But I just CANNOT get the Vista pc to share files with the others. The only folder that Vista will allow access to is the 'Public' folder, but the C drive, and all its other sub-folders, are off limits, ie, 'Access Denied'.

This in spite of me turning off Vista's UAC and setting its permissions as relaxed as I know how.

I'm a tech, but no genius when it comes to difficult LAN problems like this.

Advice would be much appreciated

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all,

I have developed this MS Access application using MS Access 2002 and VBA. This application works perfectly on XP and Windows 2000. However, when I run this same app on Vista (with MS Access 2007), I would get all kinds of errors (especially those run-time errors). So, I want to open the actual mdb file to see the VBA codes on Vista to see what is causing the problem (just like what I would do on my XP machine). But when I open the file on Vista, I always get those errors saying "the expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the folloing error: Object or class does not support the set of events." After clicking OK, Access would not display my forms and tables (like they would on my XP machine).

My question is, how can I get to see what is causing the problem on Vista machine.

Thanks in advance,
Monte

A:MS Access on Vista

Monty, I don't think it is Vista that is the problem, as I am using Vista and Access 2000/2002 daily without that kind of error. If you opening them in Access 2007 and getting those errors then it is most likely Access 2007 that is causing it. Have you tried Converting the databases to Access 2007?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-on-vista.706014/
Relevancy 34.83%

I from Vista access XP Cannot recently posted and solved - thanks a problem trying to see my XP Home laptop from my Vista desktop But I had to return that desktop and bought a new one which though the OS and firewalls are identical is behaving a bit differently and showing similar problems that the former solution does Cannot access XP from Vista not solve Cannot access XP from Vista So I start again My XP laptop is connected wirelessly to my router which is cabled to my Vista desktop The setup was working before I changed desktops The XP laptop can access the Vista desktop effortlessly at all times The Vista can see the XP but either asks for a User Name and Password or gives Error Code x Windows cannot access apparently according to its mood I have identical User Names and Passwords on both computers but they do not work when User Name and Password are required Nor does leaving the password blank Why is it calling my laptop a quot server quot I have checked the following Both computers are in the same WORKGROUP Running Network diagnostics on the Vista turns up no problem The XP is using SP and does not need the LLTD download I have rerun network setup on the XP computer as some suggest File and Printer sharing is on Folders are shared Norton and McAfee have correct settings and the problem continues even when they are disabled The Vista desktop is set to - Private Network - Network discovery On - File sharing On - Public folder sharing On I ve tried Off also - Printer sharing On - Password protected sharing Off I ve tried On also - Media sharing Off I cannot access the XP from the Vista even by typing ComputerName SharedFolder The Vista can see and ping the XP laptop It just can t access it or insists on a User Name and Password When I put the only User Name and Password I have same for both machines Vista says they are wrong For the last couple of hours I am getting only error messages even when I connect the XP laptop by network cable to the router I have read countless help pages and forum posts and nothing I have found helps Any ideas I would greatly appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-access-xp-from-vista.834089/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently quot downgraded quot back to now HDD? Vista access can't to XP Pro, XP Pro from Vista Ultimate Edition too many programs I use that don t work properly or are too slow with vista anyways I have total harddrives in my pc both my old IDE drives work Vista to XP Pro, now can't access HDD? fine My problem lies in my Seagate gb sata I had to go into Vista and initialize it to get it to work previously but the problem Vista to XP Pro, now can't access HDD? is now in XP it s showing as quot GPT Protective Partition quot and I can t access it at all It doesn t show a drive letter and doesn t show up under my computer either The really disturbing thing is it s showing as free In all actuality it s more like - free I ve read through some windows help files and they all seem to lead me to format it It s my backup media drive I ve got MP s music videos and alot of zipped up programs and tons of family photos Formatting isn t really an option at this point I need all the help I can get and going back to Vista might be inevitable at this point but I d rather avoid that if at all possible nbsp

A:Vista to XP Pro, now can't access HDD?

Did you see it in Disk manager? Maybe you need to assign a drive letter via Disk Manager.
Start/rclick on My Computer/Manage/Disk Manager. If you can't see it in there, then "Houston we have a problem".

If you do see it, then rclick on it and select "change Drive letter"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-to-xp-pro-now-cant-access-hdd.102531/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all,

I have Vista Business x32. I want to allow remote access to this machine. I have created an incoming network connection, so that users can make a VPN connection.

Is it possible to have more than one VPN connection to Vista? perhaps something similar to RRAS on the Windows server o/s?

Thanks

Nick

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/192024-remote-access-vista.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I used to be able to access this site from my laptop, but suddenly was not able to and get the usual "web site cannot be displayed" message when I try to go into the site. Everyone else I know can get access to the site no problem, and my problem seems to coincide with them updating their site, but I can't be sure of that - does anyone have any ideas?

Relevancy 34.4%

I have a desk top operating on Windows XP and a laptop operating on Windows Vista. I noticed that somebody was piggybacking my internet access so decided to change from WEP to WPA-2. This I did with the help of a techi adviser in the Talk Talk call centre. I was using the desk top at the time and all seemed fine. However when I later went to use my laptop it comes up with Local Access Only and I can't connect to the internet. I have spoken to several advisers in Talk Talk and nobody can help me. I am desperate as most of my info is on there and I don't know much about computers.

A:Local Access Only in Vista

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 8 or 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/local-access-only-in-vista.1087091/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi folks I have a puzzler that has been bugging me for weeks Some background first I have Win servers on the local net They are configured as much the same as machines can be They have been running for many years without trouble I upgrade the disks every so often and keep them patched but otherwise leave them alone The simply exist to host shares for W2k access shares can't Vista my LAN There are no firewall products on the servers All the computers on the LAN are in a workgroup The servers have usernames to match the ones on the desktops For the past several years we have had XP desktops and no problems accessing files on the servers This year I built a new machine for myself with Vista Ultimate and after a little teething pain was able to see the Vista can't access W2k shares older machines on the net there are normally more than just the servers and map all the normal shares Life was good A few weeks ago my wife had a major failure on her machine so we built it from scratch on a new disk with Vista also Now here is the puzzle When she attempts to map a share on server B no problem When she attempts to map a share on server A she gets a logon prompt No username password combos will work either and yes the accounts exist on all the machines for this purpose - remember we have been using these servers for many years - We are at the end of ideas as to why one is seen different My Vista machine has no problem accessing either server My old XP desktop is fine my laptop is fine my wife s Vista laptop is fine In case it helps the one major software difference is that she is using Zone Alarm She did have to open several ports to get network discovery to work Oh and she can connect to the printer on my desktop without problems Any ideas thanks nbsp

A:Vista can't access W2k shares

Have you tried totally disabling all the firewalls to see if that's where the issue lies? That would be my first step.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-cant-access-w2k-shares.726838/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I'm a new user here and i'm at my wit's end Sorry if this topic has already been covered I have an HP Pavilion notebook with Vista Home Premium bit Since the first day only Internet Explorer and Windows Mail can access the internet Fortunately i have a very good little proxy program called Proxomitron Through this a good few more program can connect to the net but other only access, protocols. no web no ftp, Vista: web only No ftp no nothing else And for many years with previous Windowses i was using ftp and other services a lot For years i didn't need ftp but now i do again Unable to connect that's the answer i get now I Vista: only web access, no ftp, no other protocols. bought this laptop years ago and i thought thats a bug in Vista This theory was even confirmed when an experienced computer expert said it was so But i've been surfing the web and read that a lot of people get along with Vista Unfortunately i don't know anyone in my neighbourhood to have Vista and ask for help and since i can't connect to irc i thought i would ask for help here Any help much appreciated My internet connection is wireless but the antenna is connected via utp to my Realtek nic P S I tried my best to fix the problem but i gave up over a year ago so i don't remember what i tried Thanks

A:Vista: only web access, no ftp, no other protocols.

One more thing! The laptop came with Norton Antivirus, integrated in the Os. I disabled it after some tinkering, but i didn't uninstall it.
Currently i use Windows Firewall and Avira Free Antivirus.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/296866-vista-only-web-access-no-ftp-no-other-protocols.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I've seen a few threads here on this and solved the "reverse" issue by making the workgroup name the same on all computers: MSHOME.

However, here's the rub:

I can access shared documents on XP Desktop and XP Notebook and copy files from one to the other (now that I've done the above)

>> XP Desktop "sees" the Vista (Business) system
>> XP Notebook does NOT see it.

I can copy files from Vista to XP (such as the screenshot below)

"access denied" message when trying to open my User Name directory on Vista from XP (see screenshot).

In Vista -- the directory is marked as shared with Everyone and a Everyone has full access and rights to modify.

Not a firewall issue.

If Public folder sharing is enabled -- no problem with accessing that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-access-from-xp-to-vista.554189/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I think noticed my computer running slow and was getting random popups so i ran a system scan with bit defender and malbytes. Nor realizing I deleted the consvr file and had the problem so many people have had with the BSOD. I was able to restore the computer to a restore point to get into windows but now i need to know how to get rid of this thing for good. malbytes and bitdefender dont seem to be stopping it and apparently its more complex than I know how to fix so just looking for some help.

A:zero access virus vista 64

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435189/zero-access-virus-vista-64/
Relevancy 34.4%

We've got an Access 97 application that's running on several PC's, on several operating systems.

But when I install in on Vista (Home Premium in this case), I receive a 'Compile error in hidden module' error.

I know it's not a normal compilation error because the same version is working on other OS's.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/124053-access-app-not-running-vista.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I realise this one has been discussed for years I have tried every Local Vista Only and Access solution available in these forums Three days research and I am still no closure to solving the issue I have an Acer Aspire laptop with Vista SP I recently had to change my wireless router to a Netgear N My other linux machine connected OK as did our main Windows pc But the Vista machine is having none of it I can connect using no encryption and using WEP but when I try to use WPA WPA I get the local access only issue Use WEP I hear you say that then causes the same problem on our Vista and Local Access Only main Windows pc which I need for work It also works when I hardwire it to the router I have also updated the driver on the Acer wireless adapater Atheros AR EG So to the solution As stated I have spent about three days solid trawling the web and every entry in this forum to no avail If I cant resolve it I will have to change the operating system on the Vista machine Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I'm new here and I have tricky problem I got a Lacie Ethernet Disk Mini connected via LAN to my wireless router Thompson speedtouch I can access this disk from home or work with my XP-machine just fine It works both over wireless and over over LAN/Wireless cannot Vista NAS access web-access from inside my liocal network But My Windows Vista Home premium cannot access it over the local network I Tried bringing the vista PC to work and could access the device over web from there But from my local network at home I cannot I have tried shutting off the local firewall and Avast for good measure setting up sharing Vista cannot access NAS over LAN/Wireless over the Network reviewing hosts file and what I could find of network settings I found someone on the web fixing a similar problem by setting a registry-setting with NTLMv so as to open for older Samba-traffic but this did not help me Here are the symptoms I can find When I try to access The HIPSERV-device over the Local Network I can Vista cannot access NAS over LAN/Wireless find it in the machines-list and get to type in name and password I can then view the content but when I open a folder with something in it the file browser stalls and starts loading without anything happening Finally it gives up and a pop-up says in Norwegian that the network area may be unavailable when I try to access the web-interface I am forwarded to the login-page for the device I type in name and password and I get a loading screen and it stalls and loads untill I am forwarded to a blank page on the local IP When I try to access it over ftp I can log in see all files but if I try to download any of them it stalls and stops communicating It seems to me there might be something blocking the computer from downloading anything from that area but though I have some experience with networking I am no expert and I cannot figure out anything that could cause such an issue Since it works flawlessly with my XP machine I am inclined to sy the issue is with the Vista-pc but I cannot rule out the router as the culprit Any ideas would be appreciated Kind regards not so allwise

A:Vista cannot access NAS over LAN/Wireless

So, no ideas? anyone?
(bump)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221742/vista-cannot-access-nas-over-lanwireless/
Relevancy 34.4%

Brief description suggestions wanted I have an PlaysforSure Device Sansa connect It is recognized perfectly in quot Computer quot my computer but cannot be seen by Winamp windows media player Yahoo jukebox program in question which needs to be used Troubleshooting steps I have done -Reinstalled device several times and restarted computer -Reinstalled usb root hubs and reinstalled computer not thinking it is Vista Access issue a recognition issue but a access issue I -Go into registry into hkeylocalmachine gt system gt currentcontrolset gt enum and into permissions gt I allowed both the option that show for the quot Everyone quot Group gt In the advanced option that followed I check both boxes to enable the access to all parent and subsidiary keys etc gt I go into the quot Owner quot Tab and change the owner of the key quot System quot gt click apply and ok and the error message is as follows quot ACCESS DENIED quot What can I do I've heard about a secret group called quot Trustedinstaller quot or something to that effect Would i actually have to look for all keys under the enum and change them The specific folder with Vista Access issue the dll associated registry keys involved in seeing mtp devices in the quot USB quot and quot USBSTOR quot key folders and maybe other I don't know I just know the enum folder is has all the keys that are involved with everything that goes in and out D Also i've heard about reregistering my wm dll's in my windows system folder but i don't see what exactly that would do for a in systemroot system wm dll do regsvr s a is the short command for this Thanks for the help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-access-issue-235746.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Did a system restore with computer info...wont accept my password for logging on...can not remember putting in an administrator password....please help

A:Vista no access w/password

i'm afraid we cannot help with passwords here

see rules http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

closing post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-no-access-w-password.1129829/
Relevancy 34.4%

We just upgraded our network hardware to an airport express b g to an airport extreme b g n with an airport express b g n serving as a remote This is all plugged in via ethernet to an at amp t wire router which serves as our modem to connect to uverse In the previous configuration laptops could connect wirelessly to the internet not LAN can the internet vista but access with With this configuration connect Computers that connect include macs an XP machine and vista machine For the non-working vista laptop we ve tried uninstalling Norton updating drivers turning off ipv auto dhcp assigning the network address it still cant connect to the dns server and right now an error can access LAN but not the internet with vista message about not seeing the modem router is showing up This message was posted by plugging in the ethernet cable and i believe it still connects on the unsecure network at school Any help would be appreciated the ipconfig in the non-working state is Windows IP Configuration Host Name Tim-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List gateway wire net Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- -EF- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday September AM Lease Expires Thursday September AM Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix can access LAN but not the internet with vista gateway wire net Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - - B- - A- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix gateway wire net Description isatap gateway wire net Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP can access LAN but not the internet with vista Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all Before describing my problem apologies for creating a new thread as I know this has been discussed before on this forum and on others However I ve on cannot Vista shares XP access been Vista cannot access shares on XP searching all weekend and so far I haven t found anything that described my exact problem or proposed a working solution So here s the situation laptops - running XPSP running XPSP just reinstalled with Vista Network with various routers etc Have eliminated all wireless to simplify the Vista cannot access shares on XP problem - everything is now hard-wired Have eliminated all DHCP to simplify the problem - everything now has a static IP Same user name used on all machines with a password and admin privileges All machines are set to use a custom workgroup called GLAZEWORKGROUP All machines are on my custom IP range with subnet Have done the registry trick to make all machines node type quot Broadcast quot Have installed the LLTP patch on the XP machines All machines have some shares on them and the shares have been used for a long time - including admin c d etc shares So Back when all machines were XP they were all able to see each others shares Now all XP machines can still see each other All XP machines can also see shared Vista machine Vista machine can quot see quot all machines on the network - it can ping them and can even see them under quot Network quot in explorer It can even do remote desktop to all XP machines including the problem one Vista machine can access shares on the XPSP machine and one of the XPSP machines Vista machine is unable to access any shares on one of the XPSP machines It can ping this machine and can see it under Network When I try to click on it within Network it asks me for a user name password - which is strange because none of the other machines do this although the machines all have the same user name When I try to enter the user name password it says quot Logon unsuccessful Windows is unable to log you on Be sure that your user name and password are correct quot If I keep trying to enter the user name and password over and over it just keeps giving me this error and never locks the account out If I try to access a specific path instead of clicking on the machine name such as quot MACHINENAME c quot it gives me the same error But if I close that dialog it gives me another dialog that states quot Windows cannot find MACHINENAME c Check the spelling and try again quot If I try to do several variations of quot net use quot I get the following results PS C Users gglaze gt net use glazen c USER gglaze The password or user name is invalid for glazen c Enter the password for gglaze to connect to glazen c The command completed successfully PS C Users gglaze gt net use glazen c c USER gglaze Enter the password for gglaze to connect to glazen c System error has occurred The specified network password is not correct PS C Users gglaze gt net use glazen c e USER gglaze Enter the password for gglaze to connect to glazen c System error has occurred The specified network password is not correct PS C Users gglaze gt net use glazen c video USER gglaze Enter the password for gglaze to connect to glazen c System error has occurred The specified network password is not correct PS C Users gglaze gt net use glazen c c USER gglaze Enter the password for gglaze to connect to glazen c System error has occurred The specified network password is not correct Even though the first one seemed to work I still can t actually access anything from Windows Explorer I ve been struggling with this all weekend and I m getting desperate The only solution that comes to mind is to install Vista on the problem machine Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi,

Well i know i viewed my belkin routers settings before in Vx64 via the IExplorer

But i cant remember how... and i think it requires a firmware update, so i was hoping you could help...

Thanx in Advanced!.

A:How to access/see router in Vista x64

Hey Smiler,

Under Network and Sharing Center click "View Status" for your network connection then click "Details", On that page you can see your router ipv4 default gateway and then type that IP into your webbroswer (I.E. http://127.127.127.0) to access your modem.

dmex

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/151369-how-access-see-router-vista-x64.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I MS 2003 & VISTA Access have a MS Access database which I've MS Access 2003 & VISTA developed using MS MS Access 2003 & VISTA Access on an XP Machine It has a Front-End which I give to each user and a single Back End database Jet Database not SQL Server I have some users on XP with Access and others on VISTA with Access I have one user on VISTA with Access This problem occurs ONLY on the one user system running on VISTA and Access And it ONLY occurs in my production database I have a zip code MS Access 2003 & VISTA field in my database which is characters long For reports I check if the th character is numeric using an IIF stmt If numeric then I print the left characters a dash then the - th characters Otherwise I just print the zip with no additional editing or formatting Everywhere I print the zip code or city state zip or street address city state zip my user gets an error only this one user - everyone else can view the information on the report just fine I was including the concatention of the city state and Zip - along with the IsNumeric check on the th zip character all in one field The error she received then was Name I changed the examination of the zip code to be a separate field txtZip and now just concatenate the city state and pick up the txtZip The error she now receives is Error Again she is the only person out of who get this error I did some testing to try to narrow down the problem Bottom line - I imported the one production report with the problem into a small temporary database using a link to the production table and she can view the report just fine But in my production database she can not view the city state zip she gets the error This user is able to see the city state zip on the report in my small temporary database with every test that I've tried but still can't see it in the production version I tried to duplicate on this small temporary database everything that I do during my installs create MDE password protect encode setup permissions and everything WORKED in the small temporary database but NOT in the production database Please HELP

http://www.vistax64.com/software/191901-ms-access-2003-vista.html
Relevancy 34.4%

So, I cannot access the network page on Vista. The exact one I'm, referring to is the one on the start menu, under Computer. I click it, and it just brings up a white window with nothing else. It is just called Windows Explorer in the toolbar too, not Network. Here's a picture: http://i42.tinypic.com/24v0741.png

I'd appreciate any help. I can't access Xbox Live because of this, and it's pretty annoying.

A:Cannot Access Network (Vista)

First go to Windows Task Manager and then Kill Explorer.exe and after goto task and then type manually explorer on run...after check.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-access-network-vista-617904.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,
I have a Compac Presario w/Vista and I'm getting a limited connectivity message and can't access the internet. My cable modem is connected straight to the computer by ethernet wire. It happened before and I unistalled the Vista update and it was fine. I can't see what the problem is this time cause my Event log won't come up saying that the Snapin for the MMC isn't properly loading. I am able to see alerts but there wasn't any on that date. My Norton's won't come up either stating that the side by side configeration isn't right. Hope you can help!

Relevancy 34.4%

If I am using windows vista, can I run Access 2002/2003?

Thanks
Simon

Relevancy 34.4%

Well this started as my fault A short background My very very young daughter likes to mess with the computer s So I created a user profile for her on my Vista laptop sp and put some kid games on it But she likes to wonder around so I turned on access C Can't (Vista) drive parental controls but for some reason that has alot (Vista) Can't access C drive of limits as she was still able to access alot of stuff So I (Vista) Can't access C drive went to the C drive properties and (Vista) Can't access C drive went to the access control and shut it off deny for everything I quickly noticed it shut off my access as well in my profile I went back and was able to turn it back on with no problems I did this twice with no issues However now on my rd time to block the c drive I've discovered I can't get it turned back on open access When I click on c drive properties and go to security it says I must be an administrator to view security properties When I click continue it says access denied same with Advanced I also noticed it's not letting me turn off parental controls anymore view only Sorry about the long read anyone know how to unblock the c drive Thanks

A:(Vista) Can't access C drive

Boot the system into Safe Mode, log in as the Administrator and see if you're able to reset things.

If you have a recent restore point you could try rolling back a day or two and see if that solves it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-cant-access-c-drive-608909.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have had a vista machine for sometime now. But now all of a sudden it is giving me the error "Cannot access DNS server". I tried running it in Safe mode with Networking and it works fine.
I am going crazy trying to figure what might be the issue.

A:Vista: Cannot access DNS server

Top suspect would be either a firewall configuration change or some malware.

Let's start with the obvious and disable ALL firewalls and see if that changes the situation.

Next, let's do a stack repair in normal mode first.

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows Vista.

Start, All Programs\Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Finally, also in normal mode, please do the following tests.
Try these simple tests.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

In the command prompt window that opens, type type the following commands one at a time, followed by the Enter key:

NOTE: For the items below in red surrounded with < >, see comments below for the actual information content, they are value substitutions from the previous command output!

IPCONFIG /ALL

PING <computer_IP_address>

PING <default_gateway_address>

PING <dns_servers>

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter to copy the contents to the clipboard.
Paste the results in a message here.

<computer_IP_address> - The IP Address of your computer, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<default_gateway_address> - The IP address of the Default Gateway, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

<dns_servers> - The IP address of the first (or only) address for DNS Servers, obtained from the IPCONFIG command above.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-cannot-access-dns-server.798952/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have the following situation.
MS Vista Home Premium on a Desktop PC & Laptop which are networked with a network share for public documents. MS Access 2007 is installed on both machines. The database is split and the front end (Queries, Forms, Reports, etc) is installed on both machines with the back end (Tables) residing in the public documnets folder on the Desktop PC.The front ends are set to Share the back end Tables.

The problem I have is that when running the front ends are acting as if they are set to exclusive, i.e. a change made by one fornt end to data is not seen when looking at the same table from the other front end.

Is this a known problem with networked Vista & MS Access 2007 and is there any fix?

http://www.vistax64.com/software/198214-ms-access-networked-vista.html
Relevancy 34.4%

My fiance s son has a system running Vista that was hit by the Vundo virus His brother reinstalled Vista and proceeded to reconnect to my wireless AP When he tried to connect he was prompted for a username password and domain My router Netgear Can't Access AP Wireless Vista WNDR isn Vista Can't Access Wireless AP t set up to provide these things and doesn t even have the option to do so His brother has a laptop running Vista and it is still conected and working fine There are other secured wireless APs in the area and he tried to connect to those When he did he was properly prompted for the WEP key Of course we didn t have one but it was just a test anyway He tried to connect manually to my AP and was then prompted for a WEP key We entered the key and it came back with that same username password and domain dialog Doing some searching Vista Can't Access Wireless AP we ran across something on WPS but that was just an automated set-up routine which I didn t use Further the affected system was working fine before the Vundo hit and nothing was done to the router We tried turning off WEP and then his PC connected like a champ But I d no intention of leaving security off so I turned WEP back on while he was connected figuring that once connected he was past the security stage and would stay connected No dice As soon as I reactivated WEP he was dropped But his brother s laptop stayed connected Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-cant-access-wireless-ap.884176/
Relevancy 34.4%

I searched this forum and a person could not connect wirelessly nor could access only vista local they connect with a wire My problem is different so I am starting a new post Using a Toshiba with Vista Home Premium cannot connect wirelessly but can connect with a wire I have tried all the fixes that I am comfortable trying I still cannot connect using the Toshiba wirelessly I can connect using another laptop We have wifi for our community and have one hard wired desktop and four lap tops Only the Toshiba says local access only Unidentified network I don t even know if I need a network since I don t want to share access local only vista with other computers any files I have been working on this since this morning and I am tired and no closer to an answer I have tried the network adapters uninstall scan hardware for changes Control panel untick Protocol version I have tried device manager not preset is on type in a hex digits eg a b c d e I have no idea what that is about but I did it It didn t work either I don t understand much of what I have tried access local only vista to do to fix it I just try to follow step by step instructions and still no sucess Still says local access only nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-local-only-vista.1060478/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have one server which i can access from an xp pro machine, logged on as me to my domain, but i cannot access from my vista machine logged as me to my domain

error message

\\server is not accessible. might not have permissions for network resource. contact admin.

the username could not be found.

i dont get it...im kinda new to vista

any help?

A:server access xp but not vista

Is it in same workgroup or domain? Do you have the Vista user on that server with rights to the shares? \\servername\c$ try this.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/161864-server-access-xp-but-not-vista.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I just upgraded from Windows XP x to Windows Vista x on my desktop Immediately after my successful installation I plugged Internet Can't Access Only Vista - the computer in to the internet but was unable to connect First let me explain my connection I am using the motherboards Asus P NSLI integrated network jack I have a wired connection to a router Netgear WGT v There is also a wired connection from the router to this Can't Access Internet - Vista Only XP x laptop that I am posting this from so the internet and router definitely work My ISP is Comcast With everything in its default settings before attempting any suggested fixes here is my ipconfig all Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Evan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Evan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List comcast net Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix comcast net Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigab it Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -F - -D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a a c ae a c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday June PM Lease Expires Monday June PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix comcast net Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here are some attempts at pinging with everything at default settings localhost Successful Successful Router Code Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Google Code Pinging with bytes of data Reply from Destination host unreachable Request timed out www google com Code Pinging www l google com with bytes of data Request timed out I began by searching the internet for people experiencing similar problems and I attempted all the suggested fixes with no success It is possible that I may have done one or more of the steps incorrectly but I tried multiple times Here is what I have tried with no luck - Disabling UAC - Disabling Windows Firewall - Disabling IPv - Disabling TCP and IPv Checksum Offload - Manually assigning an IP address DNS Server and gateway After disabling IPv and disabling Checksum Offload I saw some differences in ipconfig and pinging Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Evan gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Evan-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigab it Ethernet Controller Physical Address - -F - -D - B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Evan gt Ping results now localhost Successful Successful Router Code Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed error code Google Code Pinging with bytes of data PING transmit failed error code - www google com Code Ping request could not find host www google com Please check the name and try again I noticed in t... Read more

A:Can't Access Internet - Vista Only

Hi ekleist and welcome to the Vista forums.

First, reconfigure to get automatic IP, you can eventually change after ping resolution.
Verify your ethernet cable.
Then verify your "inboard" ethernet card. (64 bit driver, bios setup, etc...)
Verify that it does not come from the AV software.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/161463-cant-access-internet-vista-only.html
Relevancy 34.4%

HI

I am trying to access W7 files from Vista on wireless network.

I have set the folders in 7 to share and Vista can see them on the network.

However when I try to open any folder from Vista I get "not accessible" message every time?

I can see and access the vista PC from 7 with no problems?

I have tried every trick I know (firewalls etc) and both PC's are part of Workgroup.
Any help would be appreciated.

Norm

A:Vista cannot access W7 files

Have you tried this?

How to make Windows 7 work with older Windows versions for networking and file sharing.

Or this?

Sharing a printer on Windows 7 Vista XP network

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/39882-vista-cannot-access-w7-files.html
Relevancy 34.4%

i'm not sure if this is the right place for this one...
my friend's laptop has pre-installed vista but wanted me to install xp since some of her important software can't run on vista.. i made a partition for xp so i won't have to remove vista in case she changed her mind. everything went well until i installed vistabootloader. there's a boot option for both xp and vista. vista worked but when i tried to click xp, the computer just restarted.. and that's what always happen from then on everytime i click xp.. what do u think is the problem? and by the way, what if i just decided to really remove vista, is that possible? because i tried to delete that partition with vista but there's no option for "delete"

A:Can't Access Vista When Xp Was Installed

I didn't think you needed a boot loader to do that. You just create a boot.ini that shows you a choice and save it on the main partition. Can you access the XP partition from vista?To edit Vista?s boot manager you have to use the command line BCDEDIT utility. To access BCDEDIT, run the Command Window as an administrator and type in BCDEDIT.Sadly BCDEDIT isn?t an easy tool to use, because it?s purely command line-driven. So, you can use EasyBCD by NeoSmart Technologies. EasyBCD has a GUI frontend to BCDEDIT, and makes it much easier. Get It HereIn EasyBCD:To configure the bootloader go to ?Configure Boot? ? you?ll see the two entries, for XP and Vista. To change the name of Windows XP, just overwrite ?Earlier Version of Windows? with ?Windows XP? and click Save Settings.Hope That Helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/124573/cant-access-vista-when-xp-was-installed/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi. I recently installed Vista Home Basic on my Laptop. My other Desktop has XP Home SP1. I connect internet on my laptop through the desktop. The connection works fine. I can access files on Vista through my Desktop. That also works fine. However, the problem happens when I try & access files on my Desktop through my laptop. Vista keeps reporting "Logon Error" & that "I don't have permission to access the other computer".

Why is this happening when the computers can share internet & the desktop running XP Home can access the laptop running Vista Home Basic?

Please help.

A:Vista LAN Access Problems

I had the same problem. It had to do with passwords and usernames on my pc and laptop. I just created the same username and password for both and it worked flawlesly after that. Try that if you can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-lan-access-problems-161255.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I use Qwest to access the internet. I need to access belizepropertycenter.com for work and I can't on Windows 7, Vista, and XP on three separate machines. When I take my laptop outside my residence I can. The laptop uses Vista.
I get a plain message stating that I can't access the site using Google Chrome, IE 8, and Mozilla Firefox.

What might causing me not to access the site at home? Thanks.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I am totally lost...I've been using access for several years--mainly as a sales/marketing and revenue reporting system. I download/export a lot of access files to excel. Yesterday my office got Vista/MS 2007 installed and when I try to export an access file to excel, a different file exports. I tried several times and am totally stuck. If anyone can offer some suggestions I'd appreciate it. thanks,

Relevancy 34.4%

I just reinstalled my OS, and am having trouble connecting to the internet with my desktop. I've tried calling up att, and it turns out my IP can be located, but I can't seem to access the internet. I tried pinging a few websites in my command prompt, but all my requests ended up timing out.

So I am connected to the internet, but am unable to access it.

Any suggestions? I'm using a wired connection btw...

A:Vista won't allow me to access the internet.

Have you checked your firewall settings ?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/231596-vista-wont-allow-me-access-internet.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello, yesterday my internet company had an interruption in service.
When the net came back up, my phone and Windows 7 laptop were able to connect automatically to the wireless.
My Vista laptop says Local access only.

How can i reset or fix this?

Thanks!

A:Vista Local Access Only

Try this, I got it from Googling.Fixing the local only internet access issue in Windows Vista | The Bit Guru

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299667-vista-local-access-only.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Two computers, one XP one Vista..have been networked for a while..currently can access XP from Vista, but not the other way around. Have tried it with firewalls on both computers turned off

I disabled firewall on the Vista machine AND XP, on XP clicked on MS Windows Network

get "workgroup", Click it and see names for both computers

click vista machine and get

"gamebox is not accessible. You might not have permission to access this network resource..contact system administrator...

network path not found"

A:XP computer can't access Vista

1. Do you have LLTD for XP?

--On XP go to you Network Connections.
--Right click your connection going to your Vista computer
--Go to Properties
--Check the list of items and see if you have Link Layer Topology Responder
--If you don't continue on, if you do then this solution won't be for you.

2. Do you already have SP3?

--Go to My Computer
--Right click --> Properties
--One of the tabs will will tell you what service pack you have

3a. Only if you have SP2 without LLTD

--Go here (LLTD for XPSP2)
--Install

3b. If you already have SP3 without LLTD

--Go here (LLTD hotfix for XPSP3)
--Request the hotfix
--Install

4. Restart your XP

5. When XP restarts

--Probably a good idea to recreate your sharing network
--Go to View Network Connections
--Create a small or home office Network on the left side under Tasks
--Turn on File and Printer sharing
--Check your XP's name
--Create your workgroup name
--Just finish wizard without creating setup instructions
--Restart

**Comps should be tethered now

6. Setup Vista to communicate with your XP

--Go to Network Connections Center
--Go down to Network Discovery
--Open and click Change
--Click last option
--Change WORKGROUP to your network name from your XP
--Acknowledge and click Okay
--Turn Network Discovery from off to on
--Turn on File Sharing
--Turn on Printer Sharing even if you don't have one.
--Restart

Your computers should see each other now. Give them a minute to recognize. I was able to share files with a fellow XP not too long ago. From the XP drag and drop files to the PUBLIC folder on the VISTA system. From the VISTA drag and drop files to the SHARED folder of the current user on XP.

I hope it's LLTD that your missing. Anything else I wouldn't know why.

Might want to Manage Network Connections on both comps and see if all your ICP properties are set to AUTOMATIC. Just remember the default numbers before you try it.

-PW

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/230642-xp-computer-cant-access-vista.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello, I see similiar posts but cant find a solution.
I have 7 computers on a home network. I can see all the computers from all computers but when I try and access the 2 computers that run on Vista it asks for a user name and password, which I dont have. One of the vista computers is hard wired to the network router but doesnt see the others computers until we plugged in a Linksys USB wireless adapter, then all computers showed up.
I can access the internet wirelessly from all computers.
The other 5 computers run on XP and they dont ask for a password. Any ideas ? Thanks

A:Cant access vista computers from xp

Vista has many more built in security features than xp. Access your network and sharing center, scroll down to the sharing and discovery tab. You should see options like "Network discovery" and File Sharing".....etc. You want to make sure file sharing is on first off. Then the option that says "Password Protected Sharing" is where your problem is.

So just set your security setting appropriate to your network. If your still having problems check vistas firewall or other firewalls you may be running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-vista-computers-from-xp.807106/
Relevancy 34.4%

My Vista home premium computer cannot access the shared folders on my XP home computer via my LAN.

I can access the Vista computer from the XP, but when I try to open the XP folder from Vista, I'm prompted for user name and password. Both computers are in the same workgroup, I have the same logon user name and password on both as well.

If I try to connect with net use, I get:
system error 86
the specified network password is not correct

Firewalls are off
Anti-virus is off
The RestrictAnonymous registry setting is 0

Relevancy 34.4%

We have XP PCs and Vista Home The Vista laptops can see everybody on the network map and can connect to each other and their printers but they can't connect to the XP computers The XP machines can't see anybody else although they used to before we installed a new router All can get to can't computer Can but XP it see from access Vista the Internet just fine This is what I have done I made sure all PCs are in the Can see XP computer from Vista but can't access it same workgroup the network is private and I set up the same user names on each PC Network Discovery etc all except password protected sharing is On Firewall Made sure that the IP range was allowed and when that didn't work disabled the firewall Tried McAfee then Windows - tried them both one at a time then none - i never had them both running at the same time Also set them up to allow ping requests and opened system services ports as recommended by Microsoft in the Vista File and Printer Sharing document Made sure that all of the sharing was set up properly on the other PCs and printers Changed the default WPA security on the Linksys router to WPA then to WEP then to no security Reset router Upgraded firmware AP Isolation Can see XP computer from Vista but can't access it is not checked on the router unchecked Filter Anonymous Internet Requests and associated setting I did most of these things to fix the problem we had with one Vista PC not able to see anyone but that was resolved We still have the problem with the XP machines Oh yeah installed the patch Thanks Fixed the problem It isn't enough to mess with the firewall settings With McAfee you have to use their EasyNetwork to share files and printers You have to go through a setup and access approval process a little time-consuming before you can do anything So there you have it Thanks to all of you who at least took a look at my question even if you didn't have an idea

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/231780-can-see-xp-computer-vista-but-cant-access.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have trid to install some games on my PC and when I put in the code it say I am not allowed. How do I log in or access as administrator. Or does anyone know why this is happening.

A:Vista administrator access

Only Admins can install programs. Are you a member of the Administrator group?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-administrator-access.614683/
Relevancy 34.4%

I?m currently running Windows Vista Ultima 32bit on a Dell Inspiron D530. My problem is I can?t access certain websites i.e. www.linkedin.com the browser will search forever and not find the site or if it does find the site, usually after 15-20min it doesn?t display the page correctly. I don?t think it?s a browser issue (Internet Explorer), the same problem occurs on Safari as well. I have gone thru all the IE7?s and firewall settings, including the virus detector (Trend Micro) nothing seems to work.
I?ve contacted my internet provider (Verizon) and Microsoft to no avail? no one seems to understand why I?m having this issue.
I also have two laptops running XP and I don?t have this issue on the laptops
Also, if I ping the website it seems to send and receive packets correctly.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:Vista does not allow access to certain websites

Hi Avanti,

Have you tried the diagnose and repair option in the network and sharing center? Or how about a different malware scanner?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/196015-vista-does-not-allow-access-certain-websites.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there Don t mean to upset anyone as I ve seen a similar problem listed on TechSpot however there are a few important differences so I ve felt like posting this up here My internet browsers both IE and Firefox rarely can access particular websites This includes Hotmail access Vista sites certain Can't on Gmail IGN PC only pc and a couple more Also Google only completes a search from time to time The problem is when trying to access these Can't access certain sites on Vista sites I don t get a time Can't access certain sites on Vista out error or any message at all - the window remains blank and in the bottom left I see the browser is still trying to receive information but none comes through The message in the corner says Waiting for www google com au for example These sites I have mentioned occasionally work but only about an eighth of the time the most sporadic one is Google search Also not sure if they re related but often when browsing the net I get a lot of Vista error messages popping up saying things like quot WLloginproxy exe has stopped working quot That message just came up then but it happens to a few processes This problem is killing me before a due date not being able to access my email is particularly bad Any help would be seriously appreciated thanks a lot for your time Timtimfed nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-access-certain-sites-on-vista.106452/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I have a laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and a pc running Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit. I have shared the pictures folders on both but cannot access them from either machine. My third pc running Win XP Pro has no problem accessing these shared folders. They can all see each other on the network but whenever I try to access Vista from 7 and vice versa, I receive a message stating access is denied. I have the same user name and password for both of them. Thanks for helping me.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone Here's my situation I have an HP dv laptop running Vista Ultimate -bit and I cannot access any of the shared folders from any of my other machines I cannot even access the public folders The icon for my laptop shows up in windows explorer for all of the machines but when denied: XP Access from Vista I try to open it I get an access denied error I have searched multiple forums and have allowed permissions for everyone All of the computers are on the same workgroup I have tried disabling Access denied: Vista from XP firewalls and enabling guest accounts I have a HTPC I just built with Vista Ultimate -bit and can access this computers shared files from all of my pc's I have desktop computers and laptop running XP Pro SP desktops running XP Pro SP Macbook's running OSX and of course the HTPC running Vista Ultimate -bit All of these machines can communicate fine They are all hard wired as well except for one desktop with XP Pro SP on it My HP Laptop is just about a year old and I am considering just reinstalling windows but I have about Gigs of music I do not want to back up and tranfers again once I reinstall windows Thanks for reading my post I hope you guys can help me out

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/236948-access-denied-vista-xp.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm using Windows Vista and occassionally my internet connection goes to local only and i can't connect again until I unplug the router. Please help

A:Access: Local Only (vista)

Sounds like the router may be the issue. Some things you can try here.
For wireless connections, change the channel on the router, I like channels 1, 6, and 11 in the US.
For wireless connections, try moving either the wireless router/AP or the wireless computer. Even a couple of feet will sometimes make a big difference.
Update the firmware to the latest version available on the manufacturer's site.
Reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure.
Update the network drivers (wired and wireless) on your computer to the latest available.

Many times these measures will resolve a lot of intermittent issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/access-local-only-vista.827574/
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok i have D-link500T ADSL router..just installed vista today..i was checking on my router
opened IE7..192.168.1.1..username/password: admin/admin....everything seems to be ok..all tabs are working fine except when i try to view these things: Connection Status / Product Info / Dynamic Routing..they keep loading and dont open?!!!!!! Plz HELP ME!

Thanks

A:Cant Access My Router On Vista. Help!!!!!!!!

wtf? it just worked by itself?!! any explanation?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-my-router-on-vista-help.654946/
Relevancy 34.4%

since i have had vista, i cannot acccess hot mail account in live messenger. when i log in its telling me to enable cookies. how do i do this?
my privacy settings in internet options was set to medium but i have adjusted to low but still same effect

A:Cannot Access Hot Mail In Vista

this should helphttp://www.pcwindowstips.com/2007/09/04/ho...net-explorer-7/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/123193/cannot-access-hot-mail-in-vista/
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought an HP Pavilion Elite desktop today. My house has a router which emits a wireless signal to the computers in our house. My laptop and 2 other desktop PCs are able to connect to the Internet, but when I tried to connect to the wireless, I received the:
Unidentified network (charest family network)
Access: Local Only

I've been browsing the Internet for a few hours now and have exhausted many a solution, so I've turned here. Can anyone help me find a solution to this problem? What information do you need from me so we can tackle this problem?

A:Vista 64-bit -> Access: Local Only

I'm not sure if this will work but it does for my laptop. Restart the other computer which is the main source. Then go into one of the accounts on that computer and check that the internet is working.
Disconnect from the network on your new computer and then connect again.
If this doesn't work, make sure all the plugs are in your router and correctly plugged in. Turn the modem off and then on again.Check that your router can also deal with the amount of computers that you are trying to use it with.

I hope this helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-bit-access-local-only.772421/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am a novice and I need some big help I can no longer use IE as no matter what site I type I am either sent to a screen saying the address is invalid or it cannot access IE7 any access IE] site! on - from Vista [moved Can't it I am usually redirected to either quot http quot or quot http ca search IE7 on Vista - Can't access any site! [moved from IE] yahoo com search p quot NAME OF SITE ENTERED quot amp fr chr-nick I downloaded Hijackthis and the following is the scan results Can anyone please help I am using a friends computer to post this message Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE IE7 on Vista - Can't access any site! [moved from IE] Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Microsoft Small Business Business Contact Manager BcmSqlStartupSvc exe C Windows system dlcqcoms exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C PROGRA McAfee MPS mps exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows sttray exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE CLI EXE C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatchTray exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C Program Files McAfee MSK mskagent exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlcqmon exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer memcard exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files DellSupport DSAgnt exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Mail WinMail exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee MPS mpsevh exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mstart exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Nikon NkView NkvMon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows eho... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie7-on-vista-cant-access-any-site-moved-from-ie-232184.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I was fooling around and screwed up my laptop. I thought the best thing to do would be to restore my files from my weekly backup. The problem is twofold:

All of my photos and many of my files are now doubles.
I can't open any of my photos unless I right click on them and open them with Quick Time Picture Viewer.
If I try to open those photos all I get is a "ding" sound and nothing happens.

Can anyone help me to delete the doubles in a quick way? There are hundreds of them and I don't really feel like right click deleting all of them.

More importantly: Can anyone tell me how to open them without using QT Pic Viewer?

I use Windows Live Mail, and like the Windows Live Photo Gallery. That's what I prefer to use.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Bill

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi lately I have been noticing one of my svchost exe been chewing up alot of my processes than normal When I looked to see what service it was under it was Remote Access I don't know if it's on by default on Vista but here's a log of what I got from HijackThis Much help appreciated Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C on Have been Vista? Remote rootkitted? I for Access Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Have I been rootkitted? Remote Access on for Vista? Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com Have I been rootkitted? Remote Access on for Vista? fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http att yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - C Program Files AskSBar SrchAstt bin A SRCHAS DLL file missing O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Ask Search Assistant BHO - B B - - d -B D- EBB BA F A - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Trlokom IE Toolbar - C AF D B- B - BAC- - EA C BC E - C Program Files SpyWall TrlIETool dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - F D B -DA B- daf- E -DFEE A AA - C Program Files AskSBar bar bin ASKSBAR DLL O - Toolbar Trlokom IE Toolbar - C AF D B- B - BAC- - EA C BC E - C Program Files SpyWall TrlIETool dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run C Sound quot C Windows system rundll exe quot c cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run AdobeCS ServiceManager quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe CS ServiceManager CS ServiceManager exe quot -launchedbylogin O - HKCU Run Sidebar qu... Read more

A:Have I been rootkitted? Remote Access on for Vista?

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for not being able to have replied to your topic. If you still need help, please start a new thread and post the logs requested in our pre-posting process outlined below, as it has been quite a while since you posted:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/have-i-been-rootkitted-remote-access-on-for-vista-320326.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hiya all Couple of questions for you I have networked my vista ultimate internet Vista access and network pc's and basically the setup I want to achieve is pc connects to pc vie LAN and then pc connects to the internet allowing internet connection on both pc's and file sharing between both pc's My questions are as follows pc cannot connect Vista network and internet access to the internet how do I resolve this both pc's when I go to my NETWORK tab say Quote Network discovery and file sharing are turned off Network computers and devices are not visible Click to change My settings are as follows PC PC PC shows that the pc is an unidentified network and is set to public yet as the screen shot shows pc is set to private but still unidentified PC only shows this screen after I accept to share the network Can't this be set to automatically detect the network on startup rather than me have to accept it each time Vista network and internet access If I have to reset everything on both PC's how do I do this Please help as this is frustrating the crap out of me

Relevancy 33.97%

I just installed (via CD) an application & it worked fine for 20 min. or so, when I went back to it, a dialog box comes up with a message saying " application system files cannot be accessed. Please try reinstalling.

The install went in properly & finnished properly, I reinserted the disk, but got the same dialog box. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

A:Cannot access installed applications in Vista

Which appliation is this?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226836/cannot-access-installed-applications-in-vista/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have an external USB HD connected to my vista desktop. I have a wired network that has XP machines connected to the network. My problem the XP machines can't access the HD connected to the vista machine.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/193639-xp-machine-cant-access-vista-usb-hd-over-network.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I recently got a HP Pavilion dv7 Home entertainment PC and just today had the WiFi hooked up at my house, My WiFi is "Local Only" for some reason and windows network diagnostic is no help. Any help any of you can give me would be much appreciated.

A:Windows Vista Local only access

Could you provide a bit more info concerning "just today had the WiFi hooked up at my house"

Usually the install tech doesn't leave until your are connected.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-local-only-access-631820.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm am getting ready to travel with my family and we need more than one net connection. I am trying to avoid buying access multiple times per day (yeah I'm cheap). Since most of the hotels register via MAC addresses I thought making my computer the router. Is there an easy way for me to turn my vista machine into a Wireless Access Point so I can share my connection?

Thanks in Advance!
Beejus

A:Vista and Wireless Access Point

Use Internet connection sharing

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=ics+vista&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-wireless-access-point.860052/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am running Windows Vista service pack 2 using my laptop - Hp Pavilion dv5-1111ea and I have a qwest actiontec gt701-wg router.
When I try to connect to the router it says connected to local only and when I diagonise the connection it says that Security policy seetings on this computer might be blocking the connection.

The following policy might need to be adjusted to allow windows to connect:
Policy Provider:Windows Firewall
Filter Name: Query User

Relevancy 33.97%

I cant access the internet links via my email in vista
settings?

I get error code - application not found

A:cant access web links through email vista

I just read somone elses question below and see the response worked fine
thanks to those that post useful responses. paul

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/241542-cant-access-web-links-through-email-vista.html
Relevancy 33.97%

When connecting from one Vista machine to another (laptop to server), I'm getting a 'access denied' error msg when tring to see the contents of the c:/on the server. I have permissions and sharing setup. I'm ultimately trying to get Peachtree Accounting software setup. When I try to connect databases, it won't let me connect the laptop to the server sitting in another room. On the server I've basically set all the permissions to wide open so that any computer can connect to it, yet nothing will. This is very frustrating because this is the bosses computer and he needs to get this installed ASAP. I can see the server and all the drives, but trying to access anything will get me an access denied error. There are no passwords on this network as this is a very small company. I've been looking at all the blogs and some other help sites and I haven't seen anything that helps.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/218764-vista-gives-access-denied-error-msg.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a desktop running XP-home w SP I have a laptop w Vista home premium I enabled the network amp file sharing on both machines with change file access on the XP I ve shared numerous folders amp drives on both also a printer on the XP machine On the vista machine I did the regedit thing amp set On both machines I turned off the windows firewalls On the XP I turned off every function of Norton I also created rules to allow the IP address of can't numerous & XP done) access things other (LSA=0 vista the laptop desktop amp router to vista can't access XP (LSA=0 & numerous other things done) access the machine Also installed LLDA thing on XP Both machines are using WORKGROUP as the workgroup I created identical user names and passwords on each machine From the XP machine I can access any folder I want on the Vista machine But on the Vista machine when I try to access the desktop I get quot DESKTOP is not accessible You might not have permission to use this network resource Contact the adminisrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions Access is denied quot What else nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

As a regular user on said system, plugging in any external USB mouse it will just say installing drivers failed on the account of no drivers being found.

As an administrator, it will tell you it tried to install the drivers but failed. Access is Denied.

The system is a HP Pavilion notebook that came preinstalled with Windows Vista.

This has been tested with many mice, new and old. Really any of them should just work when plugged in (since Windows 95). I have no idea what could cause this. I went over system services and enabled the HID service but that made no difference.

Installing the drivers by hand from manufacturer site does not work either. The only thing that works is the notebook built in touchpad.

A:Can't use any mouse on Vista: Access Denied

Am I really going to have to reinstall Windows in this day and age because it won't recognize a mouse?!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-use-any-mouse-on-vista-access-denied.919120/
Relevancy 33.97%

Excuse if this is posted somewhere on here already but I have spent nearly hours reading threads here and in other forums trying to find a solution to my problem I see that many have a similiar issue but also seem to have small details that differ from my problem I have tried many different avenues but as I said I have yet to find any solution We have our network setup so that we can see and access all the machines in the home or XP Vista from see computers Can't computer access network even including two game counsels but we cannot see the one machine in the house that runs on Windows XP It is the only one that is hardwired to the router All the machines are visible in the workgroup on the XP machine but is not seen on any of the Vista machines When I doubleclick the other machines in the workgroup from the one running Windows XP the user Can't see or access XP computer from Vista computers name and password key appears but one of the other Vista machines says quot The network path was not found quot That probably has to do with the firewall correct What I'm trying to get accomplished here is to be able to see the XP machine on all the other computers and be able to access it from the Vista machines What is the next step to try and get this resolved Any help would be greatly appreciated as spending all this time on it and getting nowhere is a bit frustrating

A:Can't see or access XP computer from Vista computers

My problem is similar and and not solved. Here is the logic problem / challenge that I have not been able to solve.

I have 5 machines in a workgroup. They all talk properly to one another with the following exception - two machines will not share even though they are visible to each other in the workgroup.

I have two routers, a wired router and a wireless router.

Two machines use the wired router, 3 use the wireless.

All machines are on the same named workgroup and all can see the entire workgroup collection of 5 machines.

Of the two machines unable to share, one is running Vista Home Premium and using the wireless router and the other is running XP Pro and using the wired router.

A second machine on the wired router is able to see the Vista machine and its shares and vice versa.

It is hard to decide where the problem lies. Communication from the second machine on the wired router to the Vista machine on the wireless would seem to clearly indicate that the problem is with the XP machine on the wired router that will not share or see shares on the Vista machine.

Yet, that same XP machine on the wired router is able to see and share both ways with all other machines.

I see no difference between the two machines on the wired router; one that will share with Vista and one that will not. And, Vista shares with the first also but not the second.

If you can follow any of this and are making some kind of a mind map I would really appreciate any suggestions you may have.

Thanks

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/208293-cant-see-access-xp-computer-vista-computers.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I have a pretty common problem and I ve looked all over to try and solve it but I just can t get it to work Here is my problem I have a Windows Home Premium bit computer and a Windows Vista Home Premium bit SP laptop on my home private network both in the same work group named WORKGROUP connected through a D-Link Dir- router The Windows computer has a Cannot Laptop access PC. with 7 Windows Vista local area connection and my laptop has a wireless network connection I can see both computers on the network from each computer s network folder I can access the shared folders on my Windows computer from my Vista laptop but I cannot access the files on my Vista laptop from my Windows computer Whenever I try and double-click the laptop in my network to access the folders from my Windows computer I receive the following message Windows cannot access Vista-Laptop You do not have permission to access Vista-Laptop Contact your network administrator to request access Basically I do not know why I am locked out of my Vista Laptop from my Windows computer I have done the following below and still have had no luck http www howtogeek com howto Cannot access Vista Laptop with Windows 7 PC. how-to-share-files-and-printers-between-windows- -and-vista http forums techguy org networking -solved-windows- -vista-networking html My C Drive on my Vista Laptop is set to share and I have added quot Everyone quot in the Security Tab Both firewalls are off and I am able to ping both computers through the command Cannot access Vista Laptop with Windows 7 PC. prompt using Cannot access Vista Laptop with Windows 7 PC. their IP addresses Both are Password Protected Sharing is Off and even if it was on both my computers have the same username and password The folders I want to share on the Vista laptop are set to share with Everyone and the Permission Level is at quot Read quot I hope I have provided enough information necessary to solve this problem Please help and thank you in advance -hha nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

How can I make one detected wireless access point the primary or defaulted access when first powered up. Now it comes up on one that I use infrequently and have to select the one I want and select "connect". I've tried moving the order up or down to no avail.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/202226-vista-wireless-access-order.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My sisters computer is being plagued by personal antivirus. I cannot access the internet and it has blocked me from opening and running any kind of antispyware/virus programs. I have tried to download programs on a cd and transfer it to her computer but it will not upload to her's. HELLP!!! I am going to lose my mind over this thing.

A:pav.exe vista problems...no internet access

Hiya and welcome to Tech Support Guy

Are you still having this problem? If so, try doing this:

---------

Download the tools needed to a flash drive or other removable media, and transfer them to the infected computer.

Download Combofix from any of the links below but rename it to <insert name here> before saving it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop**

--------------------------------------------------------------------

With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have the Windows Recovery Console pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.
Go to Microsoft's website => http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310994

Scroll down to Step 1, and select the download that's appropriate for your Operating System. Download the file & save it as it's originally named.

Note: If you have SP3, use the SP2 package.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer all files you just downloaded, to the desktop of the infected computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

Drag the setup package onto ComboFix.exe and drop it.
Follow the prompts to start ComboFix and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Recovery Console.

At the next prompt, click 'Yes' to run the full ComboFix scan.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pav-exe-vista-problems-no-internet-access.881702/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey all first off let me say if this has already been posted in some shape or form I m really sorry I have Vista denied access machine XP to had a Vista denied access to XP machine look but can t find anything to help me The problem I have is I have a vista os on my laptop and i have a wireless LAN set up I can access the internet on my laptop Vista denied access to XP machine through this lan however if I try to access files on my xp os computer which has the modem router plugged into it I get told I don t have permission On the xp machine I have allowed my documents to be shared and as far as I know I have let anyone access it I did this just so I could get the file sharing working I was going to look at security afterwards Anyway I have tried everything I know which is very little about networks to get it to work but the same result each time If someone could write up a quick walkthrough on how to set up the file sharing or point me to a website that I can find out it would be greatly appreciated I have Vista Home Premium on my laptop XP proffesional on desktop computer and a etgear wireless modem router Luke P S I m not an idiot when it comes to computers lol I know pretty much everything else so the walkthough doesn t have to be extremely detailed nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I am sincerely hoping someone has an idea on how to fix this problem My new laptop came with Windows Home Basic installed After it crashed multiple times a day I switched to XP Pro As it turns out my laptop was not built to support XP there are no drivers available for sound or the expandable drive So now I ve installed Vista Ultimate bit My wireless connection was fully functional under both XP and Vista Home Basic But for some reason I cannot access killed my wireless Vista Help! connect to any wireless networks secured or unsecured using Vista Ultimate And a hard-line connection works fine I can recognize networks and attempt to connect to them but I immediately receive a notice that quot This computer cannot connect to wireless networks quot I uninstalled Help! Vista killed my wireless access and reinstalled the wireless card and it appears the card is Help! Vista killed my wireless access functioning normally I ve changed virtually all the settings on my D-Link wireless router but that isn t the issue since I cannot connect to any networks I ve also removed Norton and turned off the windows firewall so there aren t any firewalls impeding access Finally I switched all of the networking and wireless services from Manual to Automatic Oh - and I of course have made sure the wireless feature is turned on In sum I ve spent about hours on the phone with Toshiba and D-Link the result of which was a promise from Toshiba to quot work on the problem and call me back quot Are there any ideas Could something have happened during the transfer from XP to Vista Ultimate It just doesn t make sense that it worked fine under Vista Home Basic but not with Ultimate Has anyone heard of a similar problem Thanks very much for any comments Relevant details Laptop Toshiba Satellite U -S OS Windows Vista Ultimate bit Wireless Card Intel Wireless WiFi Link AGN nbsp

A:Help! Vista killed my wireless access

You need to go to the Toshiba web site and down load the Vista drivers for the Toshiba Satellite U305-S5107 that are NOT on the Microsoft Vista DVD.

Toshiba and MOST other OEM's do NOT provide MS with their drivers for ALL of their machines.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-vista-killed-my-wireless-access.611805/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello
Danny here and thanks for letting me join your forum. Here is my problem.I have been using vista for about a year and three days ago it removes my admin account and swaps My account to just a regular user. Which now I have no control over my vista os. Any time I try to log in as amin, or add software or remove software its says ACCESS DENIED. No matter what I do I get a box that asks for the admins password(never has been one) But there is no where to even put a pw in.Its greyed out and the ok button is greyed out also. So to me its a catch22. I have even sent this same note to Microsoft and to other tech folks and they all seem stumped. Any help I could get here would be great. Please.Thanks in advance.
Danny

Relevancy 33.97%

I recently upgraded from xp to Vista. Now I am having problems with my network access. It keeps dropping from local & internet, to local, to no connection at all. There is no problem with my internet connection or cables, etc.
I know that this is a problem in Vista, but I do not know how to fix it. This is driving me crazy. Please someone help me with this problem!!!
In case you need to know, my internet connection is broadband, and my os is Vista Home Premium. Thanks in advance.

A:Vista Network Access Problems

can you give more information? What type of network are you connecting to? How long does it take for it to go to local, then no connection?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/227422-vista-network-access-problems.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. I'd be on the wireless without much of a problem and then all of a sudden it just drops my wireless and when I try to see any wireless signals it says it can't find any. I have to do a complete reboot to fix the problem then it will come back after a while and it's a complete cycle. Anyone know how to fix the problem for good?

Laptop
LAN, Ethernet 10/100
Atheros AR5005G Wireless network adapter

I've got a network bridge that I've tried to delete and it won't let me delete it!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-and-wireless-access-drops.637677/
Relevancy 33.97%

Suddenly today at my work computer that has horrible Vista OS only.

getting here today it's the only computer without internett. damn vista...

Well anyways it's the usual thing suddenly cant connect properly for no apparent reason, all IP and gateways are correct adn working but no net. Changing from cable nettwork too wlan gets internett for about 30 secound then it's gone again.

anyone got any tips except formating as is usualy the only fix for retarded no reason vista bugs?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/242059-vista-suddenly-no-internett-access.html
Relevancy 33.97%

My Vista PC was working fine until a week or so ago when it started getting the limited connectivity error IPconfig information below Windows IP Configuration Host Name Clip-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid Window Limited Vista Access IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Window Vista Limited Access Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address - E- C- -F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f ea c cdb b Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap BE DF D - B - - EF- B D Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I ve tried Deleting the config and recreating it Uninstalling a Vista update that came on Router is a netgear with WPA encryption Other wired and wireless PCs and NAS are working fine with the router nbsp

A:Window Vista Limited Access

I have the same problem when trying to use more than one laptop online. I have spent hours on the phone with Linksys and my isp, to no avail. I hope someone can help us.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-vista-limited-access.860573/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi Having Vista to access Internet Solved: read lots of other similar threads I ve tried many of the suggested fixes but no luck I have a Toshiba Satellite Solved: Vista access to Internet Pro A laptop with Vista Home Premium connecting wirelessly via IE through a LinkSys WRT G router to a Virgin Media UK modem on meg broadband There are three other PCs laptops and an Xbox that also use the network all connecting to the Internet perfectly When I first booted up the Toshiba and added the WEP Internet access was fine I then used the wireless network to Solved: Vista access to Internet copy all personal folders and files from old laptop to new Since then I have had no Internet access on the Toshiba all other machines Solved: Vista access to Internet fine and local network unaffected In case the Toshiba networking wizard was conflicting with the Microsoft one I uninstalled it I have tried the various tools on the Network and Sharing facility the Reset the network adapter option under Diagnose and Repair function changes the red cross to a green line Signal strength Ecellent for the link between Linksys and the Internet but it says There still seems to be a problem with your connection I still cannot access any website and the red cross returns every time Without the Internet I cannot download my Anti-virus and other security software the printer adaptor patches or anything so any help will be most welcome As suggested to other thread posters I attach the IPCONFIG list etc Many thanks Anthony nbsp

A:Solved: Vista access to Internet

Not to worry - a friend called by to help and he discovered that a firewall called ZoneAlarm (installed by the previous owner) was causing the problem. Now that it is uninstalled, all is well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-access-to-internet.789694/
Relevancy 33.97%

Whenever I try to access my e-mail(windows mail), I get a window which tells me that there is no copnnection available to the internet . I am then asked if I want to go online, in which case I have to click the button that says try again.

This also happened with Internet Explorer, but Talktalk managed to fix that by removing a tick in the box for working offline. They are unable to fix the email error.
I would like to be able to go directly to the email inbox whenever I start the computer . What do I have to do?

A:unable to access email on Vista

Has windows mail worked previously before this happened? Or are you starting windows mailf or the first time and need help on setting up an account?

Does the computer that you have trouble with windows mail acess the internet fine by using internet explorer or any type of browser?

Heres an FAQ for windows mail: How to use Windows Mail?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/278853-unable-access-email-vista.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I at wits end...after 5 days of trying every forum and every piece of advice...I think I am now tangled in knots!

It started with not being able to run any .exe files suddenly...incl and virus udpates..and incl Vista SP1.

Went further then into not allowing a system restore and then telling me I have no permission to make changes and then NO access to the programs and the when I went into regedit....telling me I had not rights and my access was denied!! It is my computer and I am the only user and administrator!!

I can't even format it!!

What now other than stop using windows or throw it down the stairs?

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi

I have a problem with using MS Access 2003 Forms on Vista.

Apparently My access database has a Form with Graphs on it.

These graphs work with a Macro i.e. when I requery the Graphs all queries on these graphs are requeried and they display the results on the form. All of this worked fine with XP. But now I have started using Vista and since then whenever I refresh the Form to display all the graph. The graph comes up blank and I have to click on Individual graphs to bring up the charts.

I have tried many options in order to avoid this happening but its not helping. The database is present on my local hard drive. Its not from a shared drive or anything.

It will be great if someone can help me with this strange problem.

Thanks.

Relevancy 33.97%

I have a Vista desktop PC wired to a Linksys WT wireless router I also have a Toshiba laptop with Vista and a Linksys extender connected wirelessly All works fine except that I can t access many of my shared folders from one PC to the other mainly from the desktop to the laptop I can see all the shared folders just fine but when I try to view a folder on the desktop from the laptop I get a message saying Windows can not access XX access Solved: Vista problems on Desktop I click diagnose and it tells me that the folder is available Solved: Vista access problems but that my current user account I logged on with was denied I have only my main administrator account on either machine I Solved: Vista access problems have waded through all the permissions and given full access to Everyone and my user accounts but still no go For some reason when the laptop was configured it automatically made not only the Public folders available but my personal User folders Docs Pics Music Vids available and I can access them just fine from the desktop I don t have the same access to those folders on my desktop from the laptop I have Media Sharing turned on but since I can t access the User Music folder on my desktop I can t see the bulk of my music I have looked at and tried everything short of a reinstall of Vista on the desktop Is there some incompatibility between V and V that prevents proper file sharing I previously had an XP laptop connected and while I could see stuff on it from the desktop I could not access anything on the desktop from the laptop But if I used the network map in Vista I could see all my devices although the XP laptop was listed but not placed in the map Now with just Vista machines my map doesn t work at all How can I have near flawless network operations but such obviously selective access Thanks for any help nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

I am having an issue getting my Vista machine to see wireless networks when logging on through a domain. If i log in to vista outside of the domain I see all wireless networks, but when I log in through the domain I see no wireless networks. Any and all help is appreciated. I have a Lenovo X-61.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-domain-access-in-vista.643395/
Relevancy 33.97%

If I reinstall Vista will I be disconnected from the internet?

I have two PCs; the primary is connected to the internet via LAN wire, the other is wireless. My primary PC has a problem and I am considering a reinstall of Vista. During this reinstall, I'll need the internet for troubleshooting.

The problem is that I don't know if the wireless PC will still be connected to the internet when I reinstall the primary PC.

To enable the internet for both PCs, I have to select 'enable' on the primary PC first. The wireless PC will not access the internet just by switching the router on.

A:Vista Reinstall + Internet Access?

if by "wireless", you mean a wireless router, then you shouldnt have a problem. you should still be connected to the internet with your second PC.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/287426-vista-reinstall-internet-access.html