Windows Support Forum

Is it safe to overclock my PC?

Q: Is it safe to overclock my PC?

Everything on it is OEM, but I plan on getting a new gpu soon, because my current one sucks. Specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 6150SE nForce 430
Mobo: Pegatron 2A6C Chipset Nvidia MCP61
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. v6.01 9/29/10

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Is it safe to overclock my PC?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Is it safe to overclock my PC?

If its an OEM machine its likely that the options required to overclock your cpu in bios will be locked. Gpu should not be a problem with some third party software.

Read some overclock guides here at techspot, watch your temps and you should be good to go.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-safe-to-overclock-my-pc.183131/
Relevancy 57.62%

I bought a i5-3570k for future proofing so I could eventually curious. I am a tad bit curious, is it possible to slightly overclock/turbo my processor? Is the slight boost worth it? I wish to know I fit is safe doing so with a stock cooler.

A:Safe overclock?

Waffe said:

I wish to know I fit is safe doing so with a stock cooler.Click to expand...

In my opinion, it is safe to slightly over-clock with a stock cooler. However I personally wouldn't even bother, until I had better cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-overclock.195736/
Relevancy 57.62%

Does anyone know a safe way to overclock a CPU?

Specifically, I have a Core2 Q6600 and it is the G0 revision. It starts at 2.4Ghz, and I am trying to overclock to 2.8Ghz, which I believe is a realistic goal. The CPU is hooked up to a watercooling system. Idle temps are about 36/38/34/34 ºC (for each of the 4 cores).

Thanks in advance.

--thedirkus

A:Safe Way to Overclock

There is no 'safe' way to overclock. Any overclocking brings the risk of failure or stability issues. You always have to watch the temps and keep it cool, which water cooling shoudl do very well, and always be careful when increasing the voltages.

As for how to overclock, there are plenty of guides to choose from, and lots of them deal with quad cores or event eh Q6600 specifically, see here: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&c...&q=overclocking+guide+q6600&btnG=Search&meta=

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/safe-way-to-overclock.786751/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi friends,

I want to overclock my AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor Bus frequency in BIOS doing so will cause any side effects to my system? can I do so?

My Configuration:

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M V2
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245
RAM: 2GB DDR3
HDD: 80 GB

A:Is it safe to overclock CPU

It's almost always safe to attempt an overclock on a CPU, however it is unsafe to be careless with your overclock.

You're likely to be limited by your CPU cooler if you are using the stock heat sink, and it is not good for your CPU to overheat. However you can probably still get a decent overclock that should make a noticeable difference

Increase the clock speeds nice and slow, checking the temperatures each time whilst running a stress test (such as Prime95). I'd recommend keeping the temperatures below 80 degrees (Celsius) at 100% load, maybe a bit lower if you live in a hot place (the temperature may increase during the hottest part of the day). When you've reached a nice temperature, run Prime for at least 12-24 hours to ensure that the clock is stable.

I just noticed: Bus frequency? Why not adjust the multiplier? I'd do that first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-safe-to-overclock-cpu.192093/
Relevancy 57.62%

how can i safely, 100% sure it will work and won't break my system make a Overclock of my hardware in my PC,
Is it hard to overclock anyway??

this is my System:
CPU: Intel Dual Core E2200 2.2 GHz
Mobo: ASUS P5Q SE/R
Mem: 4 GB DDR 2 (but 32-bit OS reads 3.25 GHz)
Video: ATI Radeon HD4850 512MB
HDD: 2 x 80 GB, 1 SATA, 1 IDE
Sound: Realtek/Samsung
PSU: EZ Cooling 650W
And i have 2 fans just cooling and 1 in the PSU and 1 in CPU and 1 in GPU, overall: 5 fans in my machine.

thanks and do you need any more info??

A:Safe Overclock

HI Jaru,
boy did you maybe open a can of worms! LOL to answer your question you cannot ever be 100% sure that you will not break anything when you overclock.when you apply a higher frequency and voltage to a cpu, gpu, or any solid state device, there is an inherent risk applied. so, you have to decide if you are willing to assume that risk, and decide what it is you want to accomplish. as far as it bieng difficult, its as easy or difficult as you wish to make it. the trick is getting a 'productive' OC that yields performance gains. I have been OC'ing for 12 years starting with my first 486 x 86 machine, so obviously I am of the willing. you can perform a less risky OC by taking it only as high as the stock voltage will go and remain stable and/or limiting it to 15-20%. when you start having to add voltage to get to a higher frequency, it becomes a 'diminishing return' scenario. that is applying a disproportionate percentage of voltage and heat for smaller gains. my suggestion in my humble opinion is to do yourself a favor and do some reading on it and educate yourself before you start cranking things up. I really like this article on OC'ing it is for AMD's but the the principles are the same and its as thorough as I have seen on the net. http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/102 If it turns out to be something you want to do, there are guides that processor specific to your CPU. Just for the record, this is MY OPINION ONLY. you will probably get a wide range of opinions on the subject.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-overclock.119583/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, so I have a... You know what? To save time I'm just gonna have you look at my specs.
As you can see I'm clocked at 1.7GHz. I am wondering if it's safe to overclock to 1.8GHz. I'm thinking it's safe since my laptop can be overclocked up to 2.7GHz. I am going to use AMD Overdrive. Will it be stable after overclocking to 1.8GHz? Is there a tutorial on how to safely overclock it with AMD Overdrive? Thanks!

A:Safe to overclock?

I'd say it's quite safe. It's only a 8% overclock !

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/61955-safe-overclock.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have now performed my first video card overclock :evil: on my secondary computer! I was just wondering if it seemed safe. Using the ATI Tray Tool, I set the GPU from 325 to 342, and the memory from 200 to 225 on an ATI Radeon X300 128MB card. The temps have gone up about seven degrees on idle and I will soon run Aquamark to see if it's stable (system runs hot always. Typically around 155 - 160 on load).

EDIT:
ATI Tray Tool doesn't find much (if any) artifacts as well.

EDIT: (again)
I just closed out the ATI Tray Tool and the system temperature (on SpeedFan) just stabalized to normal and the fans slowed down in the computer.

A:Safe Overclock?

That's really not much of an overclock... but then that card does have low speeds so it probably doesn't matter... but I sure hope you mean Farenheit when you say your computer gets up to 155-160, cuz on celsius, that would melt your finger off BTW how many FPS do you get on ATItool?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/safe-overclock.63659/
Relevancy 56.76%

hey guys, i'm running the A64 3000+ at 8% now and want to try running it at 10% in the BIOS' 'NOS Overclock section'. is this a good idea?

do i run the risk of destroying the CPU?

thanks

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I have just finished the quot up-grade quot of my back-up PC and I would like some hints about some LIGHT Overclock of it My back-up PC basic spec is - P Ghz BUS Mhz -- gt STOCK Cooler - Asus P SDX MoBo be RECOMMENDED Overclock SAFE to and CPU? current Would it my supports until P MHz - MB of DDR PC Memory sticks of MB each one - Kingston KVR X C - HDD s HDD Maxtor GB Would it be SAFE and RECOMMENDED to Overclock my current CPU? ATA rpm MB Cach Main HDD Seagate GB Ultra-ATA rpm MB Cach Slave - Gigabyte Radeon XT Video Card MB AGP x - ATX Case from WITHOUT Lateral Refrigeration Holes - An Exhaust Fan at the internal back of the case Well I would like if possible to give a light boost in my PC above described through a CPU Overclock As I dont know well about this matter I am here to ask Would it be SAFE and RECOMMENDED to Overclock my current CPU? for some hints about So my basic questions are I would like to increase my current CPU GHz to something around GHz This eventual increase to could be considered in a technical language as a Light OC or not Is it possible to do it using STOCK cooler and more one existing exhaust fan and in a SAFE way Really I am not intending to spend more money with this PC so I am trying to do this OC WITHOUT any BETTER cooler I know that is always advised to get a better cooler when doing a OC so my bigger doubt is about to do it with the STOCK one I have tried to know if the STOCK Intel Cooler of Would it be SAFE and RECOMMENDED to Overclock my current CPU? the model Ghz FSB is EXACTLY the SAME STOCK Cooler of the model GHz FSB but I didnt find this information over the internet I would appreciatte if someone can tell it for me If the answer is YES both would have the same cooler so I think that I wouldn t have problems by this side If it s possible to do it what I need to change into BIOS to achieve the GHz frequency I need to say that if possible I wouldn t like to change the voltages because I have read that it can be dangerous and I want to do all the process in a VERY SAFE way My current PSU have nominal capacitance of W I dont remember it s brand and I do not like to open the PC case but I am sure that it is NOT a First Class brand Can I have problems by this side Should I try to change the DEFAULT Latencies of my RAM memories I can say that without any OC I run smoothly my memories with the latencies without any trouble If I OC would my memory have some REAL danger of damage if I maintain these lower latencies I have noted that my CPU when I am playing heavy games I love racing games for one hour sometimes reach oC oC of Temperature but these temperatures drop quickly when I stop of play perhaps because of the assistance of the exhaust fan Into the Asus program which controls the MoBO and CPU temperatures there is a upper limit of oC I am afraid about to damage the CPU if I OC it because everybody knows that OC generate more heat Is it a real potential problem If something goes wrong would I have the possibilty of return to the Default Settings or I can have something fried without any previous warning As it is my bac-up PC I generally do not use it in a intensive way sometimes it stay without any use for days Would this eventual use of it with this OC reduce the lifespan of my hardware Last but not less important question This eventual OC of my CPU recoup the potential danger that I can have doing it In the REAL World would I have some effective gain of performance Well with these basic observations and questions I would like to hear some opinions about my wish of have a Light if I can say this word OC As I am intending to do it IF POSSIBLE in a VERY SAFE way and with STOCK CPU Cooler I need some expert opinions to know if I can continue with my attempt or desist now before any potential damage I think that the crucial question is does the P GHz FSB have the SAME STOCK Intel Cooler than P Ghz FSB If YES I think that It s a NON Expert opinion I could try to do it with a good security h... Read more

A:Would it be SAFE and RECOMMENDED to Overclock my current CPU?

What are you planning to use this PC for anyway? IMHO, there risks associated with overclocking. As usual, if you're not careful and didnt do your homework enough, you risk losing your hardware.

If I were in your shoes, I would probably think of OC at a later stage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/would-it-be-safe-and-recommended-to-overclock-my-current-cpu.16704/
Relevancy 43.43%

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400?

Is it even possible?

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz?

Tried overclocking the CPU in the BIOS settings but found nothing. So its not possible to do it that way? any other way

What other things in a PC can you overlock?

A:How do I overclock these? What are the things someone can Overclock?

You are trying to overclock a laptop computer... The bios are very specific and you cannot overclock because of this and other factors. Build your own system, and you may be able to overclock to your hearts content

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-overclock-these-what-are-the-things-someone-can-overclock.107353/
Relevancy 43.43%

My specs(also in the spec-thing):
MSI K9N Neo-F V2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ @ stock speed + Zalman 9700
4 GB(3.325 usable) Kingston DDR2 800 RAM CL5
750 GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 SATA 2 32MB cache
Club 3D Radeon HD 4850
Antec 300 + 2x120mm extra fans and two purple CCFLs
Windows XP Pro SP2
OCZ StealthXtream 600W

Okay. I just installed a Zalman aftermarket CPU cooler and I think my temps are quite low now. Are the Athlon 64 X2s worth overclocking? I think it (and my RAM?) are bottlenecking my Radeon, let's say 10-25%. Right?

So, would it be worth OCing the CPU to the top it can handle without changing voltages?

Relevancy 39.56%

Alright this is a family s laptop that is about or even more years old has windows xp on it w/networking, in safe safe mode or normal not HP Pavilion boot command will in safe, dont know the exact one - - alright My sister has been using it and says she has never done anything to it which i dont believe but anyways this computer will not boot up what so ever everytime you power it on it goes to the screen that says unexpected error software hardware problem yada yada yada and HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode then it gives you the options of boot in safe mode safe mode networking safe mode command prompt last known good configuration and none of those will work we do have the recovery disks to wipe it but are trying to find a better way if possible and when you try to load into any of the safe mode choices it stops at multi disk rdisk partition WINDOWS System Drivers Mup sys will stay at that for about - mins and then just turn off HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode if you try to just do normal mode or last known configuration it just acts like it loads with the windows and the little green loading bar then shuts off the more i type the more i think the harddrive is toast but im new and learning so i probably could be wrong Just looking for suggestions Oh and this pc will run very hot so if its a hardware issue i would not be surprised nbsp

A:HP Pavilion will not boot in safe, safe w/networking, safe command or in normal mode

I'm heading to work now ill be back later tonight so just post suggestions and i will try them. =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-will-not-boot-in-safe-safe-w-networking-safe-command-or-in-normal-mode.157291/
Relevancy 34.83%

Which is the best and safest way to overclock my ati radeon HD 3870x2?

A:Ati Overclock

Get the program: Catalyst Control Center.

Be careful and go in small incriments. Making a big jump all at once can cause hardware damage. I'd also check various review sites and see how big of an OC they got out of their 3870x2's .. that way you know what to expect and you don't go too high.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/190387-ati-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

My rig is :-
p4 516
2.93 ghz
1 gb ram
geforce 6600gt
mobo:- asrock 775 dual 915gl

I first you all to go throught the BIOS pics attached below as shown in attachments first and then only come to a conclusion.

While giving your PRECIOUS reply i would like you to bear in mind that i am a NOVICE so it will be very good if you guide me properly throught the steps and tell me the risks and methods.

Plz bear patience.

i cannot overclock plz help me with the help of my bios pics given below :-

hoping a nice and good reply from a samaritan.

Thnx in advance.

-- Abhinit

A:help me overclock i can't.plz help me

Is your computer a name brand? If it is, it's most likely locked, and therefore is unable to overclock .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-overclock-i-cant-plz-help-me.71907/
Relevancy 34.83%

Intel Core i7 860
Asus P7P55D
Cpu Voltage: 1.425
IMC Voltage: 1.25
BCLK: 187x21
Don't worry about my cooling and other stuff.
I can get it to 3.94ghz perfectly stable. All I want is 4.0ghz., but when i try it I get the BSOD.
Also what should the temps be at 100% load, and what's the highest I can set my voltage before it frys.

A:CPU overclock help

3.94ghz is 4.0ghz for the most part. the other 60mhz is nothing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-overclock-help.146587/
Relevancy 34.83%

To Overclock or Not Overclock? That is the question!
Well some people say Yes some people say No.
What's your opinion?
What are the benefits?
What are the risks\disadvantages?

A:To Overclock or Not Overclock?

I have a Q6600 running at 3.4ghz , stock is 2.4 , all it cost me was 20 quid for an Arctic Freezer 7 pro cooler and a fiver for some silver heatsink paste and a bit of my time (actually alot of my time )

the benifits are a 3.4ghz cpu for the cost of a 2.4

the risks are minimal IF you know what your doing , and you can keep the temperatures down , i assume it reduces the life of your CPU but im a gamer as are most who overclock so ive never kept any hardware for long anyway

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206150-overclock-not-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi all I will get a Gigabyte XT MB GV-R X D for FIRST ! Please OVERCLOCK, my to Help my PC next week I would like some hints about how to do a safe and efficient Overclock on it with stock cooler I have bought it because I read some good results of it over the internet - It seems that this model is a nice overclocker because of its good memory as I read in a review quot The Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please ! memory chips used on the Gigabyte board are not run of the mill Mhz chips but Mhz ones A quick run over to Samsung s site confirmed the code - K D E-GC A - MHz Mbps pin quot Sorry if the questions looks like basic I am a newbie on doing Overclock and as it will cost me expensive I am from Brazil I wouldn t like to damage it Question I have Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please ! read that its OWN Overclock program V-Tuner isnt very operative to use don t works Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please ! well because it don t accept small adjusts What s the program you suggest for me to use as a alternative Rage D Powerstrip Question What item Core or Memory should I to increase FIRST for better OC Question It seems that the change of one item has impact on the other Is it true So if I need to increase all them should I to privilege the MEMORY increase or CORE increase Question I have read that there is a program ATI Tool that makes easier to reach the potential limit of the video card Is really recommended to use it Question Is there some danger of damage the video card if I turn off the computer when the screen begins to show some white artifacts Question Why there are sometimes much discrepancy between final results of an Overclock with stock cooler if the base is the same Sometimes we see some people reach numbers of OC very higher than others with the same video card and the same supposed conditions Here are final results I got over the internet for this specific video card Core Mem HotHardware - WOW Core Mem NeoSeeker - Not Bad But they used quot V-Tuner quot Gigabyte own quot utilitary quot to OC what probably toggle the memory increase Core Mem PcStats - Apparently not good result for Memory unlike the Core Would I be able to reach some final result at least quot near quot from the quot first quot above I would like to know my video card limits but only to decrease it a bit around mhz would be enough in order to have a safe operation with stock cooling of it Well That s it Sorry for the excessive number of doubts and THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL HELP HINT nbsp

A:Help to my FIRST OVERCLOCK, Please !

IMO,,
Radion cards go with "ATITool" or RIVA Tuner.
With nVidia cards,,"CoolBits"
1. look at the card, Is the Heatsink good enough? i.e. Nice and big?, got an "active" Cooler on it?.
2.Down load something to see if your getting more "Speed" i.e. GLxs,and/or any of the 3DMarks.
3.Do your "Core" first in small steps,,like 5Mhz at a time.
4.After you up the core run a test after each Tweak,once you get Artifacts drop back one setting and run test TWICE.
5.Follow the same stpps with your mem.

just the basics for you,just keep in mind the higher the Mhz setting the more heat is produced.
i too am somewhat "New" at the OC'n thing. Voltage also has an effect but i dont go thare,,so i wouldn't suggest it.

Be carefull and think about if you really want to OC stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-my-first-overclock-please.14283/
Relevancy 34.83%

Can somebody tells me how to overclock using Gigabyte 8KNXP motherboard?

A:Overclock

Read this, then read this, then go to this and search for "how to overclock."

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock.9791/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I've heard there are ways that you can overclock your processer but dont kow how (know somewhere in bios I have award bios) I have a AMD K6-2 550mhz processer and 256 mb RAM and a w/8mb video card. Can someone please tell me how, thx.

A:overclock.............

Overclocking with a processor that small can probably be accomplished by setting the jumpers for multiplier up a bit. I wouldn't mess with teh core voltage setting.
Whatever you do, get a great cooling fan to go with it. Now it's going to run hotter than it did.
I would recommend going to some gamer's sites like Thresh's Firing squad and such and reading more about it for detailed instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclock.90867/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello
I have an old P4 1.6 ghz computer with 512 mb of PC2100 ram. Its a matasonic motherboard. I just got a new computer so i can pretty much do whatever i like with this one. I want to try and overclock it just to try and out and learn how to do it. I understand you have to change the bus speed. I went to the BIOS and found the place to do so. But it won't let me hightlight and change the Bus speed from the default 100 mhz. Is it the motherboard? What should i do.

A:Trying to Overclock

Most system manufacturers like Dell and Gateway clock-lock their motherboards to keep customers from overclocking. You may be able to get a newer BIOS from Matsonic to over come that. Also some cheap boards dont have manual bus speed adjustments and some boards require you to set jumpers on the board to change bus speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-overclock.24642/
Relevancy 34.83%

i wana overclock my gpu, it a

nvdia geforce 6150se nforce 430. it intergreated graphic card

i have riva tuner , bu is it to old to support it?

A:can overclock gpu

More like RivaTuner doesn't support onboard video. That and there would be little to nothing to gain from doing so.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217905-can-overclock-gpu.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I've had my pc for about three or four years now, and been quite happy with it. But, with the large advancements in cpu's, mine is looking very crappy. I have an Asus A7A266 motherboard, with an x86 Family 6 model 4 Stepping AuthenticAMD 1141 Mhz processor. Now the real question is, can i actually overclock this thing. I heard many rumors about AMD processors being overclocked but with an insane amount of heat. I also recently bought four new DC brushless fans. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance. :evil:

A:Can I overclock it

I guess it is always better to read the guidelines and so on before posting. It seems i cannot post here about the overclock, i would have to take this into the cooling section(i don't know why). But, rules are rules and i do apologize for any inconvenice that i may have caused. :blush:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-it.24067/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi I was wondering if its safe to overclock AMD RADEON HD 7400M series graphics card because I feel like its not using its full potential, and I don't really need to be able to play games on HQ but I just don't want the frame rate to constantly dropping even in low quality. I have an ASUS M11BB PC, with 8gb of ram,AMD A6-6400K APU with Radeon HD graphics 3.9GHz, & 64bit operating system. Also if there's anyway that I can make my PC run better on games like LoL or any other games please feel free to comment. Thank you.

Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I have been thinking for a while, should/could I overclock my system.
I do not have special cooling features.. just 3 Air cooling fans (CPU, huge side fan, standard back fan).

Here is my specs:

Code:
CPU: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6400, 1600 MHz (6 x 267)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
Memory: 2048 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM) (1024X2)
GPU: Radeon X1950XT (256 MB) (R580)

Temperatures;
Motherboard 39 ?C (102 ?F)
CPU 50 ?C (122 ?F)
CPU #1 / Core #1 56 ?C (133 ?F)
CPU #1 / Core #2 55 ?C (131 ?F)
GPU 57 ?C (135 ?F)
GPU Ambient 46 ?C (115 ?F)
GPU VRM 56 ?C (133 ?F)
SATA WDC WD3200JS 37 ?C (99 ?F)

Cooling Fans;
CPU 1600 RPM

Voltage Values;
CPU Core 1.31 V
+3.3 V 3.33 V
+12 V 12.25 V
+5 V Standby 5.13 V
DIMM 1.81 V

So, Can I overclock my GPU/CPU/MEMORY without doing any damage? (Using my current cooling options)
If yes, how far could I get?

Thanks!

A:Should I Overclock?

have a look here ..

Overclockers Forums - Powered by vBulletin

scrooge

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/186969-should-i-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

what does Overclocking the cpu men?
how can i know if my AMD DURON cpu is overclocked?

how can i overclock the cpu?

A:overclock the cpu

thats a big question , do a whole bunch of research , go to , www.overclockers.com to start with .its going to take you a few weeks to get started.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclock-the-cpu.86177/
Relevancy 34.83%

can i overclock my Intel(R) D CPU 3.33ghz ATI radeon xpress 200 series 662mb ram
bus speed 133.2mhz core 3333.5 Cache L1 16 kbytes, L2 Cache 512kbytes

*aint good at giving the right info*

A:Can I overclock this?

Given the context, I'm assuming you've bought this from some OEM vendor such as Dell or something.

The graphics card you mentioned is one that's built into the motherboard. This poses 2 problems:
1: the graphics card cannot be overlocked at all. If you can even try, I wouldn't recommend it since the cooling system on the graphics chip would not be sufficient, and this would cause all sorts of problems on that same chip (which unfortunately controls just about everything else on the motherboard).
2: the motherboard in question wouldn't be built for overclocking. Overclocking facilities will be minimal at best.

Also, the CPU in question comes with very limited cache, which will not be very efficient doing anything you want anyway. (ie: its crap).

Please note that overclocking isn't the panacea for crappy hardware: you usually have to start with decent hardware (note that decent doesn't mean high end) to overclock. Read my FAQ for some info about overclocking, and bear in mind that low end hardware is usually a whole different architecture altogether (i7, i5(I think), C2D all have different architectures, not to mention the dual core and quad core varieties)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-this.140106/
Relevancy 34.83%

can i overclock my p4 1.6 cpu? I am new at overclockeding and might need some help.

Thanks

my specs as follows...

PowerSpec® 8350

Processor

Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 1.6GHz

OS

Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition

System Board

Gigabyte GA8IDML-MC

System Memory

256MB, 133MHz SDRAM DIMM

Diskette Drive

3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive

Hard Drive

40GB ATA/100

CD-ROM Drive

Samsung 52x Multi-read

CD-RW Drive

Samsung 16x10x32x

Video

nVidia TnT2 Vanta 16MB AGP

Sound

Integrated Creative CT5880 4-Channel Audio

Modem

56K V.90 Modem MDP3880

LAN

Integrated 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

Keyboard

Windows PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse

PS/2 2-button Internet Scroll Mouse

Speakers

Stereo Speakers

Software

Microsoft® Works 6.0

Warranty

On-Site Limited Warranty

Compare Specs on Current Systems

Search our Support Database

PowerSpec® 8350

thanks

or on this site

http://www.powerspec.com/systems/archives/system_archive.phtml

thanks

A:Can I Overclock This

You should enter all this info in "User Profile", top left on any page, not here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-this.18346/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok, I've never attempted to overclock my pc before, so I thought I'd turn to the experts before I fried something. Here's my setup...

Abit KT7a
AMD Tbird 1.4
256 PC 150
80 Gig HDD
Voodoo 5
Creative X-gamer

Hopefully, this will be an easy question for you guys. All I really want to do is have my RAM run at the 150mhz it's guaranteed to instead of 133mhz. I know it's supposed to be so easy to do this with SoftMenu III, but I just want to be sure. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Relevancy 34.83%

k My signature gives you all my system Specs.
i was wondering if anyone here has a similar setup and overclocked their system. and hoped they gave me the settings they used.
so if anybody out there overclocked their system with similar specs (all stock)
just lemme know what voltages or timings and everything.

thanx

A:Overclock 101

Photobucket is blocked from work.... Post up if these don't work. They're from the last time I beat up on my comp...

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/132361-overclock-101-a.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Now my CPU usage is below about err 70%, 80% of the time, But my processor is really slow I believe, and my parents won't buy me a new one. They say my computer is updated and well. I know thats a lie. My computer has 512MB of ram and a really crappy processor I was thinking about over-clocking, because the speed of my computer to becoming to slow for the developing of applications, and every now and then I would like to play some sort of fps. Of course this computer was quite well 1-2 years ago. But it sucks now. I put some of my HDD space for my RAM to use, but RAM is not increasing my computer speed one bit. So I know the risks of over-clocking are REALLY BIG as of having to buy new computer parts.

Relevancy 34.83%

ok this is a little weird but here goes. A friend has a older socket A MB that supports only 200/266 fsb, it has PC2100 DDR266 ram in it and had and old 750 AMD T-bird. I had a XP2500+ Sempron sitting in my junk drawer so I thought I'd give it a try to see what would happen, well the MB picked it up as a XP1400+/266 fsb with a 10.5 mutliplier so its a 1396mhz with a 1.6 vcore. The MB is a Chaintech 7VIL1 via 266A+vt8235, after setting the fsb to 133 in the bios I dont see any where to set the mult, is it an option with this MB or should I just leave it be?

Relevancy 34.83%

hi i got a Barton 2400+.

i have overclocked my ram and gfx card. its all fine but i have a gigabyte and it shows 65c but i read that its 15 more then usual.

its on 133hz atm but i can't go up in 1 intervals so its 133 , 166 , 200 ect.

my motherboard supports 400fsp. but im not sure about my cpu . so im gonna go up and up and watch teamperatures so thats why i want a Program that reads temps while on desktop?

If you go to www.majorgeeks.com you can dowload mbm5 (motherboard monitor) also CPUIDLE which will reduce your cpu temp.

You will need to install the MBM first.

Regards Howard :unch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock.16975/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor. Ive done some overclocking with Video Cards and stuff. I used to have a Gigibyte motherboard which came with a program called EasyTune5 but I recently changed to ASUS and I was wondering what program I should use to overclock my Processor?

A:How to Overclock

Would make sure to read this beforehand:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html

And then mabye take a look here:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=962154
Also, exactly what model is your board?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock.72568/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have Athlon XP 1800+ at 1.5GHz. Can I overclock it to match a Dell P4 2.2GHz? Without jeopardizing stability?

A:How much can I overclock my AMD?

It depends on the stepping of your core. If you are lucky (and have 1.3u core, with the right stepping), you'll be able to get up to [email protected] performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-can-i-overclock-my-amd.8668/
Relevancy 34.83%

My Specs:
Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200
Gigabyte S-Series G31M-ES2L motherboard
NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT
4GB Kingston DDR2 RAM

How much could I overclock with my dual core? Need instructions and etc. thanks

A:How much could I overclock?

Hi Waterproof,
the e5200 has a history of going to 4Ghz with a minor bump in voltage (1.415-1.430) check this out from bit-tech http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2008/12/22/athlon-x2-7750-vs-intel-e5200-oc-review/1 i would in no way shape or form attempt this without a very good aftermarket HS/F, and reading up on overclocking. and you are aware that when you overclock that there is always a chance that you could burn up your processor and the components attached to it right? a vast majority of time if you do it correctly you will add performance and things will be fine, but there is always a chance. enough of my soapbox! this article has good info on how to overclock the e5200. hope it helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-could-i-overclock.129160/
Relevancy 34.83%

Would you recommend overclocking a laptop CPU? it is an Intel Core Duo 2.0 Ghz T2500. it sits inside a Dell E1505. The laptop has a 256mb ATI Radeon mobility x1400, and 1 GB of ram. i was reading some reviews about the CPU and someone bought the CPU through Newegg and said that they overclocked it to 2.8ghz. wouldn't that fry the CPU and motherboard? how can i overclock kit? does the bios for the E1505 allow some level of overclocking?

Relevancy 34.83%

This is what I have now, will it make any sense doing a overclock? I have never done one before, so I'll need alittle help

Check my specs for more info

A:Should I overclock?

Considering I get like 2800 points I say you win. As long as your happy with the FPS I would say leaving it alone is perfectly fine.

Quite an upgrade BTW, I'm super jealous xD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-overclock.108793/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello. I have purchaced an AMD Phenom 9600B Quad-Core CPU. Everybody can overclock it, but i cannot. My motherboard is a HP 3029H. If someone could let me know why i cannot overclock, that would be great. Thank you for your time.  (P.S) I tried multiple overclocking programs, even one made by AMD.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Why can i not overclock my CPU?

Hi, This is locked in BIOS. If you wish to overclock build your own machine, don't use branded machines. Reason: overclock machine will generate more heat and can fried a machine anytime. No vendor wanted customers send machines back due to failing hardware. Hope this makes sense.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Why-can-i-not-overclock-my-CPU/td-p/5826477
Relevancy 34.83%

I have my Intel Celeron 420 Conroe-L 1.6GHz 512KB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor overclocked to 2667Mhz on a ASUS P5W DH Deluxe! This set-up ROCKS!!!

Relevancy 34.83%

i'm wanting to overclock my AMD Athlon XP 1800+ what should i do?

Aftermath534 said:

i'm wanting to overclock my AMD Athlon XP 1800+ what should i do?Click to expand...

Spend a lot of time reading overclocking articles and guides.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclock.408946/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Amd Athlon 64 X2 4800 Dual Core Processor
A 80GB 3gb/s Sata hardrive
A ECS ELITEGROUP GF8200A Black series motherboard
2Gb DDR2 667 RAM
I would like to know how to over clock the processor or get the overclock utilitys for this bored or processor

Any ideas or suggestions?

A:How to overclock

for starters post in the correct forum. there is a whole forum dedicated to oc'ing and please bother to read the FAQs.

http://74.55.96.66/vb/topic70998.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock.106118/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a nec MA56H pld pc.Please teach me how to overclock this pc.there is not Bios feature and so jumpers.How to overclock this pc..please help me.

A:Help to overclock

No bios features, no overclock... Save for upgrading or a faster PC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-overclock.104704/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello there!

I recently purchased my new laptop and put in 2 gigs of extra RAM. It runs fine and smooth. My graphics card is also pretty good - a GeForce 8400M G (128mb)
The processor is a Intel Dual Core T7100 running at 1.8ghz.

However,when I play games like Half Life 2 and crysis, there is a certain choppiness and lag to the in game cutscenes. Playing the game is also hard as it can get choppy at times. I figured that if I overclocked my cpu, it would probably run better. However, I have no idea how to. I'm not a complete noob as I do understand how it works etc. I just haven't found any solid advice and so decided to post here for some help.

Any help would be appreciated greatly =]

-gyradose

A:Need help trying to overclock please!

It may help a little, but running those games on that laptop is probably the reason why you are getting chopiness. I have a GeForce 7600GT at 256mb and run crysis on low. That type of intergrated graphics probably can't handle something like half life and crysis.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-trying-to-overclock-please.92066/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi i was wondering how can i overclock my cpu? its a p4 3.0 ghz can you give me a step by step because it will be the first time i will try this thank you !!

A:How to overclock cpu

Don't think I could walk you through it any better than this:

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock-cpu.102265/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,
My system is currently running on an LGA775 Celeron D 3.06ghz (although in bios it said it is 3.07ghz) and I overclocked it to 3.22ghz. Temps are currently @ 37/38 degrees celsius. Can I overclock any more than what it is at now? Or will it overheat? Thanks

A:Can I overclock any more?

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic9388.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-any-more.92731/
Relevancy 34.83%

Ok i have a friend that knows how to overclock and iam learning but before i even asked him so i dont waste him time i was wondering can i even overclock using the TSG sysinfo this is what i got

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2815 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT, 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 194466 MB, Free - 181222 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, MS-7250, 1.1, To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

if you need anymore information just ask and leave a guide of what information ur asking me to get if thats not to much to ask thanks

Soulschizm

Relevancy 34.83%

I dont know much but i want it to go faster and dont care if i end up friein this damn thing. ive been searchin google and cant find a way to do it. i cant oc in the bios so im hopeing for a program to do it for me.

system: ibm 830542u
northwood pentium 4 2.40ghz
socket: WMT478/NWD
chipset: Intel 845G

A:Help me overclock cpu

You are not going to have much luck overclocking an 845G, nor any IBM, but if there is any possibility, it will be posted on the Intel site. Is that IBM 8304-42U?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-overclock-cpu.97832/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey. I could need some helpful tips in overclocking my Intel Core i7 950 3.07 GHz
I know there is a lot of guides and stuff about OC but some personal help would really be appreciated.
Check my specs for more info on my system.
I really want to make this overclocking the right way. I OC'd my last Core duo 3.16GHz a bit but it never felt safe.

So any tips or anything to get me started would be great

A:Overclock Help

Hello hawkin90,
The first thing you need to do is to go in to your Bios and see how much of it is unlocked, Dell along with most manufactures lock there Bios's to stop overclocking, so take a look and see what you have available.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255764-overclock-help.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I just wanted to know if it is possible to overclock my specific cpu without any problems. I have a AMD FX-8800P Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G running at 2.1 GHz. I want to know if i can overclock it, how to overclock it, how much i can over clock it, and if i can do it without any damage or overheating. Please help!

A:Can I overclock my CPU?

Why do you want to overclock that processor in that laptop?

http://products.amd.com/en-us/search/APU/AMD-FX-Series-Processors/AMD-FX-Series-Processors-for-Laptops/FX-8800P-with-Radeon?-R7-Graphics/123

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-overclock-my-cpu.1168358/
Relevancy 34.83%

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ EE Brisbane 65W 65NM 2.50 GHz CPU

Right now, I have it at 2.80 GHz (12 X 234). My temperatures when I am 100% under load (did a stress test) are:

Mobo - 60C
CPU - 52C
HDD - 40C
CPU #1 / Core #2 - 40C
CPU #1 / Core #1 - 30C

How much more do you think I'll be able to get out of this CPU? I'm using stock cooling, but I bought an extra fan. Plus, the case came with one, so I have 2.

Relevancy 34.83%
Relevancy 34.83%

I would like to overclock my Gateway Performance 933's CPU. It's an Intel D815EEA 'Fedora' mobo with an Intel 82815 'Solano' chip set,933Mhz,133 FSB and Intel Corp. EA81510A BIOS. I know that because it's Intel the clock multiplier is locked so I can only increase the FSB. The only problem is that I cannot find anywhere to adjust the FSB or voltage in my BIOS. I have used the jumper to access the 'maintenance' mode,but nowhere do I see anything to do with the FSB/voltage. I must be overlooking something! Is there some program I need to download to access the FSB adjustment? or maybe I'm SOL on this one. Thanks

A:Overclock or NOT!

Not all mobo's supports overclocking...
Especially those sold through gateway, compaq, ibm etc... And Intel hasn't been very forthcoming for the oc'ing scene lately (with the exception of nortwood)...

You could possibly flash your BIOS with a more oc friendly version, but I doubt you'll find any which are compatible... This leaves connecting the L1 bridges manually... Which AFAIK isn't a viable option with Intel, as they are somewhere under the cermic cover...

What I'm trying to say is that (but I do like to type ):
I doubt there are any easy way for you to oc you current machine...

.02$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-or-not.2922/
Relevancy 34.83%

Please humour my ignorance,

what are the reasons for overclocking?

A:Overclock - Why?

Increased performance for the same cost. Basically thats it man. People will post with other suggestions but all it boils down to is better performance than the price that you paid.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-why.2584/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just need to know if overclocking even by a . is worth the trouble? I have a decent system and cant see that this overclocking is worth crashig your system, even if you get 1 more fps. Can someone clear a fi this?

to me its worth it, smoother the game runs, the more u will enjoy it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock.80517/
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently overclocked my cpu from the stock to Bclk cpu volt Dram bus volt Qpi dram core volt Temperature was fine Which ran fine gave it a few tests prime which was all good but there was a problem with the sleep function if i did it a second time vista would not boot i would just get a black screen and twice when i turned I7 overclock 920 the computer on it gave me a overclock failed message if i restarted it all was good but i was unsure so now im running it stock My first question in what went wrong secondly i have been getting a few errors with various programs java call of duty crysis they have been crashing I7 920 overclock from time to time the solution centre found a problem and gave me this message quot This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between this version of Windows and a chipset in your computer The chipset was created by Intel I7 920 overclock Corporation The model name of the chipset that caused this problem is lt nobr gt Intel QuickPath Architecture I O Hub lt nobr I7 920 overclock gt quot The link was to an older driver than the one that came pre-installed and a few people that have also had this problem said the old driver did not fix the problem or did not support the motherboard thats what i got even though i have the same board ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Forum- P T - Which Intel INF driver to use Anyone have any ideas Specs Intel i Asus P t motherboard Gigabyte gt gb Seagate es barrcuda gb ddr ram jetram transmedia trition cpu fan case fans thanks

A:I7 920 overclock

I am having the same problem...same error message. Wondering if the sleep state is making the voltage too low, so when it tries to wake up the system fails.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/217740-i7-920-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey all So got my new computer and I want to record with fraps to put some videos on youtube Now i have fraps working What should/Should I Overclock? and all and it records very nicely on games But for games like Far Cry OF Dragon Rising etc the frames get a bit low What should/Should I Overclock? so in turn video frame rates suffer So first question The graphics card plays the biggest role in framerates right I have an ATI and AMD Overdrive havent run it yet should i overclock that to get better framerates w or w o recording or does the processor play a bigger role in framerates when recording Lets say that i overclock my cpu to err ghz right now its ghz quad what should i What should/Should I Overclock? be running the fan at same question with the graphics card Thanks Also as an unrelated question when running most some of my games like S T A L K E R Clear Sky Arma etc I get an array of flashing tiny squares that pop up it seems like they might be glitched texture shadows or something because they appear in patches as if to be something I never had that problem with those games with my Nvidia GTS would that be something wrong with my ATI nbsp

Relevancy 34.83%

Could Anyone tell me how i can overclock my cpu ?

This my cpu information

OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista? Ultimate
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ORVILLE-PC
System Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 2991 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. P1.20, 6/28/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name ORVILLE-PC\ORVILLE
Time Zone Dateline Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.50 GB
Total Physical Memory 2.49 GB
Available Physical Memory 925 MB
Total Virtual Memory 5.85 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.86 GB
Page File Space 3.42 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:How can I overclock my cpu

Well the only useful information there is your processor but still it isn't 100% sure of what it is, im guessing a P4 630, might be a 530. We need to know your mother board and know for sure what CPU you have. Try Everest, the trial version should tell you what you have then post back. Most of what you told us doesn't help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-overclock-my-cpu.118658/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was just wondering if it's worth it...
number of bits: 64
Revision: LG-b1
platform name : socket s1
Original clock : 2200 MHz
Original system clock : 200 MHz
Original multiplier : 11x
CPU clock : 2199 MHz
System clock : 199 MHz
HT link : 1800
Number of cores : 2
Laptop
Windows vista home premium

A:Should I overclock my CPU?

Complete specs please>?

And PC use?

I personally don't like OC much, little gains and increased risk... but more information might help us help you decide if its worth it for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-overclock-my-cpu.920051/
Relevancy 34.83%

Could any expert at overclocking give me tips and tell me how to do it properly step by step im new to all this overclocking ... I have a intel pentium d 3.00ghz processor

Thanks

A:How to Overclock?

If you want to overclock that's not the best processor to do it on.

I'm assuming this is a prebuilt system, maybe through dell?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock.86864/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi ,

I have a PC P4 2.4 / 1gb ram / 120 gb HDD barakuta Samsung / intel GBV motherboard / how can i over clock it or how can i get a better performance from it / i currently am runing WINDOWS XP PROF / REDHAT 9 on it ... is there a software solution to this ? Need help

A:How to Overclock 2.4 Ghz P4 ?

I advise you to save your nickels and upgrade to a faster system. Overclocking is not for amateurs. Personally, I don't do it, since I'd rather have a reliable system than a faster one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-overclock-2-4-ghz-p4.396224/
Relevancy 34.83%

I've overclocked my CPU by 20%. Is this okay?

The pc doesn't seem to have any side effects. My Motherboard is made to be overclocked with something called an OC tuner and my cpu can also be overclocked. I overclocked it from the mobo. I just don't know if I'm going to wake up and find my PC dead. CPU temp is 105F

Specs:

Drive C: W7 Home Premium 80GB NTFS (Sata)
Drive D: WinXP Pro sp2 80GB NTFS (Sata)
Drive E : Storage 80gb (Sata)
Drive F&G DVDRs

Seagate 400GB Sata Storage 2 Partitions
Seagate 400GB USB Storage 2 Partitions (external)
AMD Phenom II 5500 (3.2ghz) CPU
4GB DDR3 Ram
Nvidia 9500GT PCIE 1GB video card
Creative 128bit sound card
ASROCK M3A770DE Mobo
Earthlink DSL 6000bps
Floppy drive, 56K dialup, Optical Mouse, Keyboard, 21" CRT,

A:Is a 20% Overclock okay for my PC

Usually 20% is not that bad. What I usually do is go up slowly. Start at 10% then go to 20% and go even higher if necessary. But remember, you must ALWAYS be cautious while overclocking. I'm not responsible if you seriously mess up your computer. Stay at 10% for a bit and make sure theres no side effects, and do the same at 20%..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-a-20-overclock-okay-for-my-pc.986584/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey,

So Im building a computer with the following specs:

-Case: Antec Quiet P180 Black /550Watt Power Supply (Seasonic)
-Motherboard: eVGA nForce 680i SLI
-Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40 GHz, FSB1066, 4 MB L2)
-RAM: OCZ 2GB DDR2-800 (2 x 1GB)
-Hard Drive: Raptor SATA 10,000RPM 150GB
-Video Card: EVGA GeForce 7950GT 512MB
-DVD player (Sony Blu-Ray RW)
-Floppy Drive
-Cooling: Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro

I want to overclock the RAM, Mobo, and CPU... Now I know this means a lot more heat so thats exactly what I want to ask. Do you think my setup will provide enough cooling? The Antec p180 comes with 3 built in 120mm fans with the option for two more, which I have. So 5 x 120mm fans altogether. That should be enough right?

A:New PC, want to overclock

yes your setup should provide enough cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-want-to-overclock.70132/
Relevancy 34.83%

I'm new to the computer world, so could someone tell me what overclocking is, how it is useful, and how to do it? Also, what temperature should I be shooting for on my AMD FX 4350 Quad Core 4.2 4, and how do I measure said temperature?

A:What is overclock?

The purpose of overclocking is to increase the operating speed of given hardware. The trade-offs are an increase in power consumption and fan noise, the system can become unstable if the equipment is overclocked too much, and the risk of damage due to excessive over voltage or heat generation. In extreme cases, costly and complex cooling (e.g., water cooling) is required.
If you are new to computer world, don't bother about this. Overclocking is an advance topic.
Temperature and other will will take by your PC it self.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-overclock.214709/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was just wondering if it's possible to overclock my GeForce 6150? Probably not a good idea, but I was just wondering.

A:IGP Overclock?

I don't think you can do that. I tried a lot to overclock my 6100, and I couldn't do it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/igp-overclock.60342/
Relevancy 34.83%

I just rebuilt my computer with a new Mobo, CPU, GPU, RAM. Everything works good, but I have been trying to overclock my CPU a bit to see if I can get more performance out of my GPU. Thinking it might be bottlenecked. You can check my specs in the icon above^. In Bios, I can't seen to get an overclock of anything higher than 2.295Ghz without the computer restarting and unable to boot until it resets itself to default settings. Its not overheating. Others seem to get a clock of 2.7+ right out of the box with stock cooling and no voltage change. I know my motherboard isn't top of the line, but I figured I could still overclock modestly with it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 34.83%

How can i OverClock my AMD ATHLON 64 3200+ And 2.0 GhZ,
Please help.

A:How to overclock my CPU?

Tough to get any significant improvement, and you put the system at risk... better to upgrade from the AMD Athlon 64 to something designed for clock edits.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock-my-cpu.174655/
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a Acer Aspire ASE500-UP801M. how can i overclock my computer? thank youuu

Relevancy 34.83%

does anyone know a software that i can use to overclock my computer, also does anyone know any software that i can use to see the speeds of both of my cores??
HP OS XP AMD 2.2Ghz 4200+ DUAL CORE

Relevancy 34.83%

In all the reviews I ve seen on this board and my CPU they go on and on about how great of an overclocker this Can't to overclock my seem A8R-MVP? board is but I can t seem to properly overclock without some POST message coming up saying essentially quot Go back to START quot Here s my specs MOBO A R-MVP CPU AMD x Mem Corsair XMS DDR- Gb HD Raptor Gb RPM Can't seem to overclock my A8R-MVP? Must posts that I ve read say you can run the CPU at Ghz but how do you set that in the BIOS I see CPU Freq - and multiplier x There s also a HT setting and the CPU core voltage can only go up to v I also read you can get the FSB up to Mhz but when I set the CPU Freq to and the multiplier to x per the formula I get a post message I m I setting this right Also the BIOS has super simple OC profiles - but when I use the lowest setting my machine will boot up but eventually will freeze My temps are low idle cpu mobo under stress so is it just that I have one of those CPUs that just won t overclock very well Thanks Lou nbsp

A:Can't seem to overclock my A8R-MVP?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Ocing AMD 64`s is a little different. Take a look at this article HERE

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-seem-to-overclock-my-a8r-mvp.39932/
Relevancy 34.83%

okay i have a Forsa Geforce FX5200 and i want to overclock it.

i've heard there is an Auto-Detect feature called Coolbits already in the Nvidia cards so how do i enable it?

thanks.

Relevancy 34.83%

i got a o.c ram 1333 and my motherboard is 2200 so i downloaded cpuz and i had 2300 nb frequency should i change it or leave it here? i dont want to overlock i just want the correct speed.

A:Overclock RAM?

no this is normal ,don't change it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclock-ram.171808/
Relevancy 34.83%

i am wanting to over clock my cpu but not sure how to do it properly. i have a amd 3500+ am2 64 bit cpu. thanks

A:how to overclock my cpu

The very first rule is do not overclock with parts you cannot afford to replace. Even experienced overclockers fry parts once in a while.

Next the amd64s are multi locked [except for the fx series] so you must raise the fsb [front side bus] to OC the system. The first thing I would do would be to read your manual to see if you have a pci lock and how to engage it. This prevents the pci bus from being OCed when you up the fsb.

Adjust the fsb from 200 [stock setting] to something like 215. Save settings and restart. Now run a stability app like prime95 [available for download from many sites] test the system for stability for at least 1hr. If it is stable, then up the fsb again from 215 to 225. Repeat the stability test.

For fsb speeds over 225, you will need to lower the HT [hyper transport] multi from 5 to 4. The idea here is to keep the HT bus as close to 1000 as possible [HT= HT multi X fsb]
Keep upping the fsb until you get errors in prime95. Once you get errors, lower the ram divider to a lower speed. This brings the ram back to near rated speed. Repeat the test. If you still get errors, you can either backoff to a known stable OC or if you are really brave you can up the cpu core voltage in the bios and repeat the stability test.

Remember if it is not prime95 stable, then the system is not stable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-overclock-my-cpu.553793/
Relevancy 34.83%

AMD64 3000+ running at 2.25ghz (250 htt) 1:1 with ram (250mhz) at 3-4-3-8 2T
or 2.5ghz (277htt) 4:3 with ram (216mhz) at 3-4-4-8 1T

i got 2GB of the OCZ GOLD XTC which dont overclock too well past 250mhz =(
im basically looking for the most out computer as I dont want to upgrade yet.

A:which of these two is a better overclock?

Download Super PI And see what gets better times.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-two-is-a-better-overclock.63142/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi i was wonderhing how do i overclock my system. These are my specs:

AMD X2 4400+
ASUS M2V-MX MOBO
2GB DUAL CHANNEL OCZ 800MHZ RAM
450W PSU that came with ANTEC II SONATA Case
RUNNING WINDOWS XP WITH FULL UPDATES

thanx

Relevancy 34.83%

i got a dell optiplex GX280 tower style with 4 gig ram and navida quadro 4400 516mb gpu and a 1GB bigfoot enternet connector and a 500 GB hard drive with stock cooling please help dont have money to buy new just want to make better it 3.0 GHZ hypertreading im running I8kfanGUI program to turn up cpu fan to high

A:Can I overclock this PC?

You might have some luck with SetFSB like this guy did.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock-this-pc.179759/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi guys!
I wanted to know if my pc is safe for overclocking.
These are the specs"

I3 2120
GTX 430
asrock H51m-dgs
6gb ram

I have read and watched tips on overclocking but I am afraid that it might burn my cpu.
My system is old but hopefully it can be overclocked hehehe :P

A:Overclock!!!!!!!!

Overclocking what ? An i3 ?

Don`t even try, only K version cpu`s can be OC`d, your cores are locked from the factory.

Start doing some research. If you want more speed purchase an i5 if that board supports one.

According to the specs it can use a 2nd or 3rd generation i5 or i7 K version chip

ASRock > H61M-DGS

An i5 3570K would be all you need. And there is no reason to OC it, just raise the turbo speed in the bios.

http://ark.intel.com/products/65520/...up-to-3_80-GHz

Or just try to find an i5 3570

http://ark.intel.com/products/65702/...up-to-3_80-GHz

And 6 GB is a strange amount of memory to be runing, you should have at least 8 GB total, a 2 x 4GB matched set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/402707-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi guys!
I wanted to know if my pc is safe for overclocking.
These are the specs"

I3 2120
GTX 430
asrock H51m-dgs
6gb ram

I have read and watched tips on overclocking but I am afraid that it might burn my cpu.
My system is old but hopefully it can be overclocked hehehe :P

A:Overclock!!!!!!!!

Overclocking what ? An i3 ?

Don`t even try, only K version cpu`s can be OC`d, your cores are locked from the factory.

Start doing some research. If you want more speed purchase an i5 if that board supports one.

According to the specs it can use a 2nd or 3rd generation i5 or i7 K version chip

ASRock > H61M-DGS

An i5 3570K would be all you need. And there is no reason to OC it, just raise the turbo speed in the bios.

http://ark.intel.com/products/65520/...up-to-3_80-GHz

Or just try to find an i5 3570

http://ark.intel.com/products/65702/...up-to-3_80-GHz

And 6 GB is a strange amount of memory to be runing, you should have at least 8 GB total, a 2 x 4GB matched set.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/402707-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

hi,

i have an amd athlon xp 2500 and would like to overclock it however i have everest home edition and see the cpu temperature is 59 degrees, i would expect the cpu to be quite hot as my computer aint been turned off for two days. would you overclock my processor runnnin at 59 degrees??

gaz

A:cpu overclock?

I wouldn't advise overclocking that, not at 60º that's pretty hot. Possibly get some case fans or other means of cooling and see what the temperature hangs at then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-overclock.314032/
Relevancy 34.83%

wut would happened if i set my settings for the cpu in the bios to 10x?

Relevancy 34.83%

Hello, was just wondering if it is true that I can't overclock my hp G70 120ea laptop?

If it is possible what would be the best way to do this and what should I be looking out for.
Steve

A:overclock my g70

You could overclock your laptop with ClockGen overclocking program. Look for a nice little app to do it, if I come up with any recommendations, I'd post it here. It'll be annoying, though...since you'll have to load the app every time you want a faster fsb. Overclocking on a laptop is also not recommended. It's not a good idea to heat up your system, and fans get loud. Your battery life also decreases.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/281046-overclock-my-g70.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have a gateway 832gm computer and i want to know if it is possible to overclock the the cpu or anything else? Here is my specs,and my bios is very limited on what i can change and even the ram timings can't be changed.

Processor Intel® Pentium® 4 630 with Hyper-Threading Technology
3.0 GHz
800 MHz FSB
Microsoft Media Center OS
Memory (RAM) 2.0 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM
Hard Drive 250.0 GB 7200 RPM
Evga Geforce 6800Gs Superclocked PCI-E
TV Tuner Card AVerMedia® M113
Optical Drives DVD-ROM drive Double-layer DVD±RW/CD-RW drive
Media Card Reader 8-in-1
Other FM tuner and antenna
IR receiver
Media Center remote control
Antec TruePower 550W Power Supply
Intel (South Lake) P4 550 800 MHz Motherboard R0 D915GSN: BTX Form Factor

Also what is the fastest Cpu i can upgrade this to?

A:Is it possible to overclock my cpu and how Plz Help me

It may able to overclock in windows, but many of the programs are out dated and are very unrealiable. You can't do it in bios because your computer is an oem computer and companies like gateway, dell, hp etc etc, Disable this feature so it doesn't cloge companies up there technical support with such deallings, also if the hardware becomes unoperational do to overclocking the warranty wouldn't cover it. Wich lead to unhappy costumers
Sry, but there's really nothing you can do to overclock your cpu

Best of Luck...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-overclock-my-cpu-and-how-plz-help-me.46928/
Relevancy 34.83%

i recently got a new video card and overclocked it which was pretty simple. I want to know steps on how to overclock a 2.4 ghz pentium 4 processor. Is their a software to download or is their a way to hack into the bios settings??
my mother board is like a intel something.
bus speed i think is 800/200 and i use pc2700 ram(333mhz)

A:How do I overclock

best way to learn, is to read and get familiar with your bios.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/
http://www.overclockers.com/

you need a good power supply before you start. at least a 400watt. and some good cooling.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-overclock.49261/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi folks,

I've always wanted to know how to overclock, but everything online looked so complicated and different from my mobo.

So here are some photos of what the OC section in my BIOS looks like. What should I change to get the most out of my CPU.

And yes, before you ask. I do have a CPU cooler that can handle overclocking. I think I have it listed in my system specs.

EDIT: Sorry for the not-so-great photos.

A:How do I overclock

Maybe these will help you out:

AMD Bulldozer and Piledriver Overclocking Guide - Asus Motherboard

AMD FX 6300 Overclock Guide (Overclock to 4.3 ghz) - YouTube

You likely won't find a guide with the exact same BIOS settings, but the above video, guide & common sense should give you the idea.
Just remember, if you don't know what it does don't change it and go slow.

http://www.tenforums.com/pc-custom-builds-overclocking/28688-how-do-i-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hey guys,
I just over clocked my Athlon XP 2400 from 2GHz to 2.2GHz. I got Doom III to go from 46.9 fps to 53 fps, Unreal Tournament 2004 to go from 30.95 fps to 34.8 fps, and Far Cry to go from 29.31. My CPU temp went from 49-53C. Does this look good to you guys? I increased my clock from 133 to 148. Thanks.

A:My First Overclock!

spartanslayer said:

Hey guys,
I just over clocked my Athlon XP 2400 from 2GHz to 2.2GHz. I got Doom III to go from 46.9 fps to 53 fps, Unreal Tournament 2004 to go from 30.95 fps to 34.8 fps, and Far Cry to go from 29.31. My CPU temp went from 49-53C. Does this look good to you guys? I increased my clock from 133 to 148. Thanks.Click to expand...

That`s not bad mate.

Is your system running stable at that oc?

Just keep your eye on your temps for a while.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-first-overclock.46671/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hello, was just wondering if it is true that I can't overclock my hp G70 120ea laptop?

If it is possible what would be the best way to do this and what should I be looking out for.
Steve

A:overclock my g70

You could overclock your laptop with ClockGen overclocking program. Look for a nice little app to do it, if I come up with any recommendations, I'd post it here. It'll be annoying, though...since you'll have to load the app every time you want a faster fsb. Overclocking on a laptop is also not recommended. It's not a good idea to heat up your system, and fans get loud. Your battery life also decreases.

http://www.vistax64.com/overclocking-cooling/281046-overclock-my-g70.html
Relevancy 34.83%

i currently have a amd anthlon 64 3500+ cpu,am wondering if it is overcloackable? and if it is how much can it be overclocked? is it good for playing games?

A:how to overclock

Overclocking a cpu advice in the audio and video section? I don't think this is the right category, try posting in cooling and modding for oc'ing questions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-overclock.38676/
Relevancy 34.83%

i have a 700Mhz cpu running at 708Mhz(i didnt add it) its an intelr celleronr socket 370. how do i overclock it? i dont think that i can. if i can by how much should i overclock

A:can i overclock?

All depends on your motherboard. If its a store brand computer like a Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway then you are pretty much out of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-overclock.63147/
Relevancy 34.83%

I apologies in advance cause i didn't know where to post this
but does anyone know how to over clock an Asus SaberTooth Z87 Motherboard??
I managed a bios flash no problem but there are so many settings i dont know where to start,
any help would be appreciated
thanks

the i7-4771 does not have an unlocked multiplier.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/32240-overclock.html
Relevancy 34.83%

i have an amd xp2000 nd a shuttle ak31 board just lookin to overclock is there much i can do, and if there is how do i go bout doin it, thanks

A:looking to overclock

http://www.overclockers.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-to-overclock.153588/
Relevancy 34.83%

hi there just want overclock? to possible to ask u guys my friend wants me to overclock his pc Here s his pc s specs asus P - B current FSB multiplier x max is x PCI Mhz AGP Mhz Ordinary Memory one MBPC one MBPC one MBPC SDRAM - gt pretty weird coz it works P Mhz FSB I check his motherboard and found out that i can change his FSB to Mhz One thing i noticed is that theres a guide there that i can choose to make FSB to with PCI of Mhz and other choices are FSB PCI etc Meaning I can change its FSB and automatically its PCI without choosing a multiplier Another thing is that there is no jumper for AGP multiplier I checked his possible to overclock? mainboard using Sandra Soft and found out that its system chipset is Intel Corporation BX ZX possible to overclock? BX ZX CPU to PCI Bridge AGP Implemented -- gt does this means that it automatically adjust the AGP speed if you change your PCI speed If I would change the FSB to and change the multiplier to x without changing the PCI and AGP speed resulting to CPU speed of Mhz Is this posssible Or this PC will crash Please giv me pieces of advice thanx nbsp

A:possible to overclock?

Multiplier is locked on that chip, it cannot be changed no matter what options are available in the bios. Those settings are for lots of differenct chips.

Agp in 2/3 of the front side bus, can't be manually changed so every increase in front side bus also overclocks the agp bus.

pci bus should stay as close to 33 as possible, it is 1/3 of the fsb.

It's never going to boot at the 133 setting and even if it does unless it has super cooling it will overheat quick.

With that mismatched memory I wouldn't think it's going to overclock very far, maybe a 117 bus would run.

The way to do it if the options are available is to slowly increase the fsb bus from 100 to say 105, see if it boots and runs okay. If it does bump it another 5, so on, until it won't boot or won't load windows. Back it off then and try it.

It all depends on the bios options and the cooling. If it's not there don't bother.

Can't remember if that board has a vcore adjustment, a slight increase in vcore can help but it also creates more heat.

Nominal I beleive is 2.5 volts for that chip, could be wrong, would not go over 2.7

Just remember, a bad overclock can destroy components and data

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/possible-to-overclock.143402/