Windows Support Forum

Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on

Q: Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on

Hi guys I on when KAV60: turned white turned when no image off, Acer LCD is have an acer aspire one KAV mini laptop It was dropped and the LCD panel was broken I used it with an external VGA monitor while the ebay LCD purchased arrived home I didnt use the laptop for month Today the LCD panel arrived I changed it Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on right away But as soon I connected the flex cable LCD panel when On with a white light like if the LED Backlight was connected directly Laptop was turned off when this happens If I turn the laptop On then the LCD panel goes black Led light turns off HD powers on vent powers on power led is on if Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on I plug the AC adapter then charge led is on but no Bios logo at all Like if the BIOS operations where dead at all LCD was used but in good shape as quoted by the seller on ebay Now if the screen was in quot short circuit quot when purchased could this mess up the whole laptop Could a defective LCD panel cause the motherboard to die Or could the motherboard die just becaus it cans and that to be the reason why the LCD panel goes on white light What do you think can be wrong now with my laptop Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer KAV60: LCD is white when turned off, no image when turned on

It could be a defective inverter or LCD panel. I would try a new inverter first

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-kav60-lcd-is-white-when-turned-off-no-image-when-turned-on.184380/
Relevancy 89.87%

My services were offered by my father to a guy to install a dual boot on his system I have done Turned BootMGR Boot Missing Complete Turned Dual Horror Vista this procedure before so I felt fairly comfortable doing it on a system belonging to a business Vista Dual Boot Turned Missing BootMGR Turned Complete Horror However mid dual boot procedure I start recieving BootMGR Missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to reboot Immediatly I hit google however all given solutions prove to be negative in fixing The gentalman was supposed to have backed up his system for me the words out of his mouth are quot I'm doing as we speak quot Vista came preinstalled so I have no Vista Home Premium x disks So I call up the guy and he says somethings came up and he couldn't make them but what ever I do make Vista Dual Boot Turned Missing BootMGR Turned Complete Horror sure I get vista working again don't lose his stuff Now it's forget the dual boot just get vista back but this damn BootMGR won't stop popping up I'm at a loss of things to do

A:Vista Dual Boot Turned Missing BootMGR Turned Complete Horror

Hello Aaon, and welcome to Vista Forums.

You might see if running a Startup Repair on the drive Vista is on to see if it can repair the boot MBR file for it.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193838-vista-dual-boot-turned-missing-bootmgr-turned-complete-horror.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi Everyone! This is my first post. My desktop turned white after I did a desk cleanup. Boy I really cleaned it! And I know this is crazy, but when I try to open my downloads they won't open. What is the best program to use when you get the "open with" question? Thank You so much!

Relevancy 89.44%

I have a windows 7 desktop....for awhile the screen had a colorful line
going down it and today the sceen started turning white every few seconds. (every 4-5 seconds)
I uninstalled the display driver and restarted the computer and now the screen is white.
The windows logo doesn't even come up...as soon as I press the start up button
a white screen comes up. help

Relevancy 88.58%

I recently got an update from Microsoft on Win 7, and immediately after it had finished updating I had no sound in any application (AIM, Skype, Chrome, Firefox, Youtube, etc.). This has happened before, and I ran Microsoft's Sound problems wizard and it always said that an option had been clicked off and that it had restored it. This time when I ran the wizard it says it detects no problems. I am sure it is the software, as it happens a lot with MS updates. Will downloading a new driver help? I can't go back to a previous configuration, I don't have one to go to. What should I Do? A computer without sound is like a bicycle without wheels.

Relevancy 88.15%

I was working on my computer and it was fine and the next day when i got on it again the desktop was white the icons are fine but i can't remove the white from the desktop It won't allow me to change any of my wallpapers or any other background I have included a log file can someone please help me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe white turned [SOLVED] Desktop C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C [SOLVED] Desktop turned white WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C [SOLVED] Desktop turned white Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT System PackethSvc exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system bmwebcfg exe C WINNT system drivers CDAC BA EXE C WINNT system CTSvcCDA EXE C WINNT ehome ehSched exe c program files devnz gbpvr gbpvrrecordingservice exe C WINNT System GEARSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINNT system nvsvc exe C Program Files UTStarcom Sprint Sprint PCS Connection Manager PnCUtilityService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C PROGRA COMMON Stardock SDMCP exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINNT system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C WINNT system devldr exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C Program Files XemiComputers Active Desktop Calendar ADC exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts ntserver O - Hosts exchange O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C Program Files MSN Apps ST en-xu stmain dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Apps MSN Toolbar MSN Toolbar en-us msntb dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Desktop turned white

I cant see anything wrong in you log so you will have to go through these fixes one at a time to see which one gets you up and running.

---------------------------------------------------

Download an run this Background Fixer

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run this file.Double click to merge it.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/reg/smitfraud.reg
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Go to Control Panel > Display Properties. Click the Desktop tab and click the Customize Desktop button. Click the Web tab and make sure all checkboxes in this window are unchecked. If any look a bit odd, check them then uncheck again.

Next, check hidden files and folders
To show hidden files instructions (WinXP)
Doubleclick My Computer | Tools | Folder Options | View tab
Select Show Hidden Files and Folders
Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types
Uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)
Select Apply to All Folders | Yes | Apply | OK

Search for C:\Windows\Web\Desktop.html and delete it if you find it.

Reboot and see if this helps.

----------------------------------------------------

You will find a fix here.Look for item 214 (Windows XP Style Changes )http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then go here http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to line 187. Restore Themes Functionality. Download the regfile, run it and reboot.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/solved-desktop-turned-white-180460.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hey guys,

Hoping somebody can help with this issue Im having with my HDTV. When it is turned on it starts to fade from a black screen to a white one and does not respond to any button presses either on the television itself or on the remote. I'm willing to attempt a repair myself but am a bit of a novice with television repair. If I could get an idea of what part is failing that would cause this problem it would be a great start.

I've included an image, as you can see the white doesnt extend to the edge of the tv.

Thanks guys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-television-fades-to-white-when-turned-on.1068325/
Relevancy 88.15%

hi my windows 7 have some problem ,yesterday the colour of windows 7 is gone and its now black can u help me pls .

A:windows 7 - turned Black & White

Everything is black & white?

Update video drivers.

See if Windows System Restore can help - chose a restore point prior to B & W -
START | type rstrui

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-turned-black-and-white-573600.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I tried to use a restore point but it did nothing, the icons were still the white boxes.

earlier i was defragmenting but stopped it at about 42% , would that be the cause of the problem?

nothing else really happened, i think it was a bit random.

does anybody know why all my icons are like this? and if there is a way for this to be undone?

heres a picture of what they turned into.
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4250/badiconsyp6.png

theres some of each.

A:most of the icons on my desktop turned into white squares

Hello and welcome to TSF

Please do this:

Download TweakUI (click on the colored link), the download is on the right side of the page. Save it to your desktop.

When the download is finished, double click on it, this should install it. When installed, Click Start, All Programs, Powertoys for Windows XP, click Tweak UI.

When Tweak UI is loaded click on Repair then on Rebuild Icons and click Repair, then Apply and Ok.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/most-of-the-icons-on-my-desktop-turned-into-white-squares-197641.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I was playing War of the roses earlier, and my pc decided to turn off for no reason. I thought, ok, I'll just turn it back on after dinner and continue playing. But when I pressed the on button, nothing happened. I tried a few more times and opened up my case. I unplugged the power cable then plugged it back in, and the CPU fan turned on for about a second, then went dead, and this happens everytime I unplug and replug. I'm pretty certain it's a PSU fault, but I just need someone to clarify this for me before I buy a new one. If it isn't a PSU problem then please tell me what else it could be and what I should do about it? By the way, I only built it a week ago, so my warranty is still valid, if that changes anything. Thanks in advance <3

A:PC turned off randomly, hasn't turned on since, PSU problem?

buy a decent power supply locally to determine if its the psu........ then u can return it... and return the coolermaster for a exchange

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turned-off-randomly-hasnt-turned-on-since-psu-problem.1109200/
Relevancy 86.43%

I rebooted the computer and when I got my desktop back all the cons for third party apps are the default white icon as you can see in my screenshot.

I have tried re-building the icon cache by following the instructions on the forum Icon Cache - Rebuild

I can rebuild from a 3 day old image backup but I don't want to have to do that! Anyone got any more tips for trying to work it out - I tried to change one or two manually using the properties/change icon but that did not stay changed for some reason.

A:Rebooted the computer and all my desktop icons turned white

you could try doing a system restore to a previous point where your icons were working; this is my only suggestion other than to try re-building the icon cache again

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/338446-rebooted-computer-all-my-desktop-icons-turned-white.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I rebooted the computer and when I got my desktop back all the cons for third party apps are the default white icon as you can see in my screenshot.

I have tried re-building the icon cache by following the instructions on the forum Icon Cache - Rebuild

I can rebuild from a 3 day old image backup but I don't want to have to do that! Anyone got any more tips for trying to work it out - I tried to change one or two manually using the properties/change icon but that did not stay changed for some reason.

A:Rebooted the computer and all my desktop icons turned white

Have you tried doing a system restore to a point before you started having these problems??

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308522-rebooted-computer-all-my-desktop-icons-turned-white.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I m using XP Pro sp pentium dual core GHZ and gb Ram with Webroot SpySweeper was working Task it Blue programs correctly & White, not turned Bar and AVG Free and Free Avast and it s been working great with anti-virus programs for about years That s not the problem but I think it s some kind of Root Kit Virus that turned the task bar white it was blue when it was running great and Webroot lost it s sheduling I can t set scan shedules and in System Properties can t view devices and Avast is shut down can t start it I uninstalled Avast and then reinstalled it same problem AVG is working perfectly scanning on shedule and updating ok AVG found registry errors and took care of them Webroot SpySweeper works ok but can t shedule Task Bar turned White, it was Blue & programs not working correctly scans All other programs work ok and open rather fast I ran RKill Unhide Combo Fix and TDSS Killer and still have the same problem Anybody have any Ideas what s going on here I would greatly appreciate any help Thanks Richy

A:Task Bar turned White, it was Blue & programs not working correctly

Hello,Since you have run ComboFix, please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log already generated in the new topic. Please DO NOT run ComboFix again unless instructed to do so. Please be sure to include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/474977/task-bar-turned-white-it-was-blue-programs-not-working-correctly/
Relevancy 85.57%

I turned my HP 15-R006TU laptop to hibernate mode before going to sleep last night. Today morning when I turned it on left half of the screen was white with some lines in it. All the softwares and the OS works fine. Its like there is a white cover on the left side of screen. I can't access start menu because it is on the left side of screen.  I switched off my laptop and disconnected the adapter from it, then turned back on, but it remains same. I have not changed any drivers or anything recently. I have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I use Tata Photon Max dongle for internet.My laptop is only 2 years old. I did nothing that I can remeber to damage the laptop and Last I used it, everything was fine. what should I do?  How to fix this? can virus do this or is it display problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-15-R006TU-laptop-left-half-of-display-turned-white/td-p/5664630
Relevancy 85.57%

OS windows home premium taskbar programs icons white, don't turned All Error: and work. sp bit Solving piece of advice will be highly appreciated Error All task bar icons not them to the right and all icons in the program list have turned white and pressing them leads to nowhere instead a window asks what program Error: All programs and taskbar icons turned white, don't work. I want to open This makes navigation quite difficult because I have to open each program in the program file folders Error occurred this way Media player vlc ran flawlessly for quite a while I think it was v Then suddenly vlc captured all icons that is all icons became vlc icons and all icons being pressed would open vlc At that time I was able to uninstall vlc and all icons were back to normal Then I used vlc portable for some time and icons were OK For some reason I tried to install a vlc nightly build and again all icons became vlc icons And this time I couldn't find a way to uninstall the vlc properly So I found vlc program folders here and there and deleted them That removed vlc but all icons now turned white and didn't work I found a program and ran it that should restore icons but didn't work Solution to get my icons back and running Thanks

A:Error: All programs and taskbar icons turned white, don't work.

You can try this tutorial. If the only problem is your icon cache.

Icon Cache - Rebuild

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/216123-error-all-programs-taskbar-icons-turned-white-dont-work.html
Relevancy 85.57%

The default background color on my laptop screen(Edge 13 ThinkPad) has gone from the default white to a light blue-also shows up on pointer and borders of pages...
Also I am having trouble booting up....it takes 3 to 5 times manually to get it to book; and it won't boot up from a Restart command...
Help !

A:Background on laptop Edge 13 has turned from white to light blue

Work through these same steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Start
to disinfect and then check System Files, before confirming the Partition Marked Active is System Reserved (preferred if u have it) or C to run Startup Repair - Run up to 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/309285-background-laptop-edge-13-has-turned-white-light-blue.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Need help reconnecting to wireless. 

A:Wifi was inadvertently turned off. How can it get turned on ...

@McCollins? Without any details on the particular notebook you are using, I can offer the following: You must have installed the Wireless driver for your particular computer / Operating system.Start at: Support Home  Assuming the Wireless is functional, the following will help you resolve the issue: How to Connect to Hidden Wireless Networks In Windows 10 How to manage wireless network connections in Windows 10 Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password (Windows)andHow to View That Forgotten Wireless Network Password in Windows When you see a Post that helps you,Inspires you, provides fresh insight,Or teaches you something new,Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post. Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-was-inadvertently-turned-off-How-can-it-get-turned-on/td-p/5588321
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello,I have an annoying problem with my Acer VN7-591G. I am using windows 7.If I start it with power supply everything is fine.But if I will disconnect power and try to turn on VN7-591G it will only boot up to moment after successful login. After that there is only black screen. I think there might be a problem with slow CPU speed, but I do not know how to determine it. Also there is no difference if it booting from completely off state or from sleep mode. No power supply and the booting time means reset :/Anyone can help me with this?Best Regards,Avien

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN7-591G-black-screen-if-turned-on-battery-power/td-p/440645/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 80.84%

None of the fixes I have found online work. I am not a very savy user and I am going to be in Mexico another month with no access to my computer guys.I activated the green keys by accident.

A:Undo activation of Acer green keys (turned on by accident)

Stolen from a website:ctrl - shift - Fn should turn the alternate key assignments on and off."If that doesn't help let us have the exact model number and more info about what is happening.Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanks

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/undo-activation-of-acer-green-keys-turned-on-by-accident/486.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I don t how can I describe this problem detailed enough But my acer aspire G has been turning off randomly this laptop has been with me for about years now and I suspect that because of the age problems will occur I still hope that you guys can help me repair this on my own Windows vista core duo gb RAM mb video Here are the problems mainly about shutting off randomly -I will be using my laptop for the whole night and while using with no heavy applications running it will just shut off -the processor fan is running I shared this info because I suspect that its due to overheating but will still shut off -I already dismantled my laptop just to clean the fan I removed the dirt trust me I really cleaned the fan on Shutdowns, Charging Not 4935G turned Aspire Random when Acer and where the air is coming out clean still shutting off randomly -I tried putting a desktop fan under the laptop not just a usb laptop cooler but really an electric fan to remove overheating But still shuts off -now here s the weird part I play NBA k which we know is a very heavy game in terms of processing and video and RAM etc If I play NBA k it doesnt shut off Ever but if I do an alt tab to go to my desktop after a few mins it will Acer Aspire 4935G Random Shutdowns, Not Charging when turned on shut off weird thinking that shutting off will mostly occur while playing games But no it doesnt shut off while playing NBA k this is the only PC game I play -if I go to ctrl panel gt power options gt quot Acer ePower Management quot and if I adjust my CPU Speed to quot High quot and quot Maximum quot laptop will shut off in few seconds So right now my laptop is always running in quot Low quot OTHER MAJOR PROBLEMS - for example ill be using my laptop for the whole night in the morning if I plug in the laptop its charging BUT if I pressed the ON Button the charging STOPS so imagine if I dont have a battery inserted in the laptop it WONT TURN ON because its not charging -now if I put the battery and I turn on the laptop it will continue to boot BUT for as many as tries or more it wont reach my desktop because the laptop keeps shutting off AND ITS STILL NOT CHARGING Hope you guys can imagine -now my battery is like dead it doesnt last for an hour I think this is a common problem for year old laptop batteries so imagine the problem if my laptop wont charge even with the battery connected I cant turn on my laptop I just wish that the battery could hold enough power to complete the boot to windows -charging of the laptop or electricity flow will resume in the laptop after a few mins only if I make it to windows I don t know what triggers the charging But my laptop will just Start charging RANDOMLY So this is like the best condition of my laptop WHEN ITS CHARGING and NO SHUTTING OFF Occurs -everything just starts randomly in my laptop SHUTDOWNS AND CHARGING and I cant really find what triggers the SHUTDOWNS and THE CHARGING -if I remove the charger laptop will turn off battery cant hold the power so those are the problems I rEALLY HOPE THAT SOMEONE READ this and Help me repair this on my own Im not afraid to dismantle my laptop what could be the problem is it the battery the fan the charger im planning to reformat my laptop factory defaults or setting install windows but will this help is this a software problem Please help I know this is still a good laptop P S While making this post my laptop shut down TWICE I have to save this to a word file Pls Help nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 4935G Random Shutdowns, Not Charging when turned on

Turn off laptop take your battery off then hold power buttin down for 20 seconds then plug in charger with battery still off then turn laptop on . what happens ? is laptop running fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-4935g-random-shutdowns-not-charging-when-turned-on.193389/
Relevancy 77.4%

'Hello this is my first post here so I am sorry if anything is confusing The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me in order to solve my problem A few days ago my laptop was working perfectly fine But then I turned my Taskbar wifi to turned white and detect unable wifi computer off the next day everything started up as normal with Windows Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then the network connecter won't automatically start So I was left without internet for a bit Whats more I noticed that the taskbar which was always semi-transparent before is now white As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open turned into blue Is computer Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi has always ran Windows as far as I am aware but e way the taskbar and the title bars are behaving reminds me of windows xp I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel and tried to quot Connect to a network quot But it didn't detect any wifi servers Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used and I am using wifi on that server at this moment When I tried to use troubleshoot on my quot internet connections quot it first showed me that the issue was quot The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running quot but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again it doesn't show any problems detected And with the problem of the taskbar I tried to search solutions and found some I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on quot personalize quot And my sources tol me to select an aero theme However all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out and I am unable to select any of them The only theme that I am able to select is my quot unsaved theme quot which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it and the bottom which is the white portion and has a black bar across it All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now would somebody please help me Alnost all other programs are functioning fine but the wifi Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi is not connecting Oh and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness All help are thanked BTW I wrote this on my iPad mini

A:Taskbar turned white and wifi unable to detect wifi

Quote: Originally Posted by Zero

'Hello, this is my first post here, so I am sorry if anything is confusing.

The reason why I signed up in this forum is s I can seek help fron those that might know more about computer than me, in order to solve my problem

A few days ago, my laptop was working perfectly fine. But then, I turned my computer off, the next day, everything started up as normal, with Windows 7 Home Premium still in the backgrounds when I am logging in but then, the network connecter won't automatically start. So I was left without internet for a bit. Whats more, I noticed that the taskbar, which was always semi-transparent before, is now white. As well as all the title bars of the programs that I open, turned into blue!

Is computer has always ran Windows 7 as far as I am aware, but e way the taskbar, and the title bars, are behaving, reminds me of windows xp.

I first tried to look up how to solve my wifi problem. I manually opened the network connecter in the control panel, and tried to "Connect to a network". But it didn't detect any wifi servers! Which is odd since I had always used the one my family used, and I am using wifi on that server at this moment!

When I tried to use troubleshoot on my "internet connections", it first showed me that the issue was "The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running" but then every other time I tried to troubleshoot again, it doesn't show any problems detected

And with the problem of the taskbar, I tried to search solutions, and found some. I right-clicked while on the desktop and clicked on "personalize". And my sources tol me to select an aero theme. However, all ofthe aero themes are greyed-out, and I am unable to select any of them. The only theme that I am able to select is my "unsaved theme", which has a square with a blue pirtion on the top that has a white bar in it, and the bottom, which is the white portion, and has a black bar across it. All the themes with the roundish edges and clear squares are unselectable...

I have no idea whats wrong with my computer now, would somebody please help me? Alnost all other programs are functioning fine, but the wifi is not connecting(Oh, and I am unable to adjust my screen brightness)

All help are thanked!

BTW, I wrote this on my iPad mini

No idea what the problem might be but it doesn't sound good.

Have you considered using System Restore to take your system back to when it was working correctly?

This would be by far the easiest way to fix this type of problem, the link shows you how.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286373-taskbar-turned-white-wifi-unable-detect-wifi.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I don't remember when this issue started, it just did one day. I bought this laptop 4 months ago and it is still under warranty.Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6560U CPU @ 2.20GHzGPU: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 540Resolution: 3840 x 2160Refresh Rate: 60 Whenever the computer display is turned off for whatever reason, it will refuse to turn back on unless I force shutdown by holding the power button. If I move the mouse or attempt to turn the display back on through other means, the display is given power (because the screen actually turns on, but is displaying essentially a color that's almost completely black, or a very, very dark grey).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Display-Cannot-Be-Turned-On-After-It-Is-Turned-Off/td-p/5840912
Relevancy 72.24%

Not all keys on Aspire One KAV60 are working. Installed new keyboard - same keys are not working - upgraded BIOS same result - but USB keyboard works

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-One-KAV60-not-all-keys-are-working-replaced-keyboard/td-p/442333/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 72.24%

Not all keys on Aspire One KAV60 are working. Installed new keyboard - same keys are not working - upgraded BIOS same result - but USB keyboard works

A:Acer Aspire One KAV60 ,not all keys are working, r...

Had similar issues with another netbook model. Started when the weather got really hot and humid around here last week. Some keys didn't work at all while others didn't work as they should (eg double characters, pressing c yielded cv, b yielded bn, etc). External USB keyboard worked fine. The problem? Hygroscopic debris (food particles, hair, dust, and whatnot) trapped under the keys and keyboard in and around the ribbon connector to the mainboard. The remedy? A softbristle brush, vacuum cleaner (sucking and blowing). Drier weather conditions helped too. 8^) Jack E/NJ     

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-One-KAV60-not-all-keys-are-working-replaced-keyboard/td-p/442333
Relevancy 70.95%

I have a Win10 Pro and ran MR to create a system image backup.
It went well but it turned of system protection.
A message shows up with a warning yellow triangle that reads.
Using system protection on a drive that contains system image backups will cause other shadow copies to be deleted faster than normal.
--- How do I stop system protection from being turned off?

I have another Win10 computer and created a MR system image backup on that one also.
System protection wasn?t turned off on that one.

I do not use shadow copies: If shadow copies are in use on my computer it doesn?t matter to me if that is the case as I don?t know how to use them anyway. I just don?t want system protection turned off.

A:I donít want system protection turned off when I do a MR system image

Hi,

The available disk space on the pc with the warning issue is probably too small to store both backup images (MR) and system protection image.

I do not use shadow copies:

Actually you do. System Protection is a form of Shadow Copying.

Furthermore, it's not wise policy to store backups on the same physical drive as your system. Still better than nothing but all in all not sound practice.
Better to store back up on an ext. removable drive.

In the mean time you could reduce the amount of space allocated to System Protection and see if that helps any.

Cheers,

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/57966-i-don-t-want-system-protection-turned-off-when-i-do-mr-system-image.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just updated MBAM and I'm currently running a full system scan. All of a sudden, this pops up in my Action Center:

So, I open MSE and see this:

What is going on?

A:MSE is Turned off?

I would say wait until the scan is over, and then restart you computer. See if that fixes it

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/135560-mse-turned-off.html
Relevancy 62.35%

On a couple of occasion recently after booting up there is a flag that MSE is turned off. I use MSE and Windows firewall as my protection with no other programs installed. Why would MSE be turned off if I did not do it?

A:MSE turned off

1-its in beta
2-i didnt have this problem
3-its ur windows firewall doing that

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/40212-mse-turned-off.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I recently bought a new setup, consisting of an Asus M4A87TD mobo, a Radeon HD6850 card, 4gb of DDR3 1600 RAM, and an AMD Athlon II X4 3.0ghz processor. I have everything connected correctly(at least I'm 90% sure I do), and when I turn it on, the fans all turn on but nothing happens, no display shows up or anything. Its not beeping, but my tower doesn't seem to have a PC speaker hookup, so that might have something to do with that. Any help would be appreciated.

A:PC not doing anything when turned on

I suppose I should also point out that I have a 750w psu

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-not-doing-anything-when-turned-on.974382/
Relevancy 62.35%

I've been using the same headset and mic(steelseries siberia v2) for several months now and never had this issue before.

My mic keeps turning itself down and I have to manually turn it up again. It gets frustrating as I don't realize when it has turned itself down and NOONE can hear what im saying due its so low. Also this happens several times a day, its quite frequent. Whats weird it ALWAYS turns itself down to 24/100 (picture provided in the link below)

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

A:My mic keeps getting turned down

I saw this behavior before, and it is caused by a virus. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and post in that section of the forum and not here please.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-mic-keeps-getting-turned-down-1020826.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I'm quite sure all of my issues arise RAW? HDD My turned from a virus infection as it has happened My HDD turned RAW? on computers desktop running W and laptop loaded with XP they have My HDD turned RAW? both been My HDD turned RAW? exposed to the same updates recently the only commonality between them I first thought that my SSD on my desktop had gone bad as I had just managed to recover from a previous crash so I tried a spare HDD I had Neither HD will allow me to format it I cannot reload an OS on either I was attempting clean installs as I have no data loss issues to worry about it keeps telling me that the disk is using RAW fs and cannot be accessed I did manage to claim G from a G HDD and set it up as an active primary partition but cannot convert the RAW fs back to NTFS yes I have tried all of the command prompt tricks such as FORMAT CONVERT ACTIVE and what have you with no luck at all I have attempted booting from the install CD and doing repairs formatting from there again no luck BIOS is up to date the drives appear and show as healthy I just cannot access or use them Is there a means by which I can completely wipe these disks clean and start from scratch with them All I want is the use of the drive I am not concerned with recovering so much as a byte of data these were used merely as system drives to load the OS on I'm experiencing similar issues on my laptop loaded with XP cannot format cannot reinstall the OS nothing I have been Googling for weeks now and all I find is ad after ad for crapware Tried Windows Tech Support which apparently has decided to go the bordello route just to tell me how one gets viruses on their system I am serious and have also been told you have an issue you need to resolve well duh Gilligan Hopefully someone out there knows a little bit more than how to put a bunch of words together to sound cool If the drives are toast totally trashed and unusable how would I ensure the same does not happen if I put a brand new drive in there which I can do for far less than what Microsoft charges for their quot SUPPORT quot or attempt to load the OS on one of the other drives already installed Please someone who knows what a straight answer is offer some advice as to which direction I need to proceed

A:My HDD turned RAW?

Hi and welcome to TSF have you tried active kill disk Erase hard drive by [email protected] KillDisk. Low Level Format.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-hdd-turned-raw-640497.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I have a dell latitude cpx computer. when I turn it on, all I get is a black screen. U can see the Windows insignia, and some other stuff, but its like a shadow. U can see it, but just barely. Whats the prob?

Relevancy 62.35%

Back in 2003 we spent a month in Australia and New Zealand. I spent many hours creating a four CD VCD presentation of our entire trip. I have lost many of the pictures when I changed computers 4 times since then. I have 4 complete sets of 4 VCDs but when I tried to play them for my Grand Daughter the other day I got the message " Need a VCD 2.0 player and please turn on PBC to show photos. The presentation includes a musical background and my comentary on each photo. I downloaded two VCD players "X-VCD" and "Media Player Lite" I still get the same message. Can someone tell me if the PBC function is strictly hardware oriented or can this be compensated for with some software program?

Relevancy 62.35%

i used properties to turn off my agp because my system wasnt recognizing my video card now i get nothing but black screen pls help im stressed sigh..

A:turned agp off help

welcome to the board
go into the bios and check that agp is turned on in there
check that plug and play (pnp) is also enabled
is this a new card that you have installed make sure the card is seated properly
when you post list m/b ram video card op. sys.
it makes it easier to help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turned-agp-off-help.140345/
Relevancy 62.35%

One of the first things I did after installing Windows 7, was to turn the UAC completely off to stop getting those annoying messages.
I have just read in this months PCPlus magazine that you should alter the default settings in UAC and slide the thing right to the top to give yourself more protection!
I'm not sure what's best now?
Have you turned yours off?

A:UAC. Have you turned your's off?

Yep. Turned it off as soon as I got 7 installed. MSE and Windows Firewall are pretty much all you need, unless you go to some really sketchy sites.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/36431-uac-have-you-turned-yours-off.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just installed Sonic MyDVD and when I opened the program it said that it noticed that DMA was turned off for the recording device it uses (my DVD RW). It said that in order for the program to run correctly that it should be turned on. I'm not sure I totally agree that not having it on will affect a recording, but just in case how would I check on that? I went to hardware and device manager under DVD but could find no reference to that.

A:DMA is turned off!

You don't mention OS so I'll take a shot in the dark you mean Windows XP -

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dma-is-turned-off.458516/
Relevancy 62.35%

the mouse didn t work the pc on my i One turned and... day graphics driver was gone there was no sound hotbounce So i managed to fix the graphics the mouse half-works it use to be USB but One day i turned on my pc and... now only works in the circular ports But i still havn t fixed the no sound business I have an Intel AC Audio Controller - SigmaTel Codec After trying loads of drivers named various AC amp AC but to no prevail Standard System restore didn t do it i check for viruses none I check Netstat just incase nope I wondered if some annoying hacker decided to delete some windows file that regulates sound if there is such one And i wonder if theres a program to check it Either that or dust It was bought Dec and i havn t opened it myself but it s been opened Might be dust since a lot of the components needed fixed all of a sudden Do you guys have any theories suggestions Thanks nbsp

A:One day i turned on my pc and...

Unless you didn't boot in Safe Mode...not really.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-day-i-turned-on-my-pc-and.29836/
Relevancy 62.35%

Windows firewall and malwarebytes turned on.

A:why are these turned off?

OVERKILL - You have one too many AV programs installed.

You can only use one AV at a time, get rid of Norton and just stick with AVG. Norton turns off Windows Firewall cos it takes over. Just use AVG and Windows own very good firewall.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35934-why-these-turned-off.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello: I have a Samsung Built in wireless dvd player and in order to connect wireless, I had to turn off Wep Key

It wont work any other way for some reason, my old one I never had to do this, is my security ok doing this, if not
what can I do? Thanks

A:Wep Turned Off?

tomsxp said:

I had to turn off Wep Key
...is my security ok doing this... Click to expand...

If you are saying that you had to turn off WEP encryption on your wireless router in order for the DVD player to connect to the Internet, then you have a big security risk. Anyone within a few hundred feet of your location will have easy access to your wireless network. They could download things from the Internet that could get you accused of stealing copyrighted video and music or trafficking in kiddie porn. They would also have access to try to hack into any computers that may be connected to your network. FWiW, WEP protection will keep honest people off of your wireless connection and will stop a hacker who may have a casual interest in getting into it. WEP offers little protection from a hacker that wants to get in.

What is the exact model number (and any revision level) of the player?

EDIT: Shouldn't that be "break", not "brake" in your signature line?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wep-turned-off.992489/
Relevancy 62.35%

I have received an alert telling me to turn on my DMA. I have been unable to figure out how to do so. Please help.

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi my computer recently started to make a really anoying thing for PC on 1~2 its min about after freezes turned several days now it turn on as usual until it reaches the post login screen after password is inserted it just appears a black screen for about minutes after it the desktop shows up as if nothing had happened I can usually open one or to programs but no matter what the computer freezes even if i dont open anything after a while it freezes take more time to do it but still happens if I try to pres Ctrl Alt Del one out of two things happen or it goes to the green screen with the options such as open task manager or it appear a dialog box like if it were a win box that contains the followin on title quot Logon process has failed to create the security options dialog quot in the box appear the really quot nice quot red quot x quot and the message quot Failure - Security Options quot the most usual is the first one but when it PC freezes about 1~2 min after its turned on happens and i click to open the task manager it goes back to the desktop area and stop there it dont open the task manager just freezes i runned the AVG from a bootable cd and found quot just quot a trojan and not solve i ruled out overheating but just it so far else i got no clue of what is happening Obs Any solution need to be able to be executed from a cd dvd blue ray or PC freezes about 1~2 min after its turned on any other disc cause all vaios cant boot from USB My computer is a Vaio VGN - AW S that contains Windows Vista Intel core Duo P GHz Gb RAM gb of Hd NVIDIA GeForce M GT nbsp

A:PC freezes about 1~2 min after its turned on

2 things to try:

Install MalwareBytes Antimalware, and run a scan. Available here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free

Insert the Vista DVD and choose StartUp Repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-freezes-about-1-2-min-after-its-turned-on.1023348/
Relevancy 61.49%

So I had bad clusters on my HD. I backed uup all my data, removed the HD and replaced it w/a new one and restored the backup. But now I can't access the web, set up through a NETGEAR Router with built-in firewall, connected to a DSL modem which is connected to a portal for networks. It works on other computers but not my laptop. It's connected to the network. I tried System Restore, still didn't work. What should I do??? Please help me!!! Please reply....

Thanks,

HexStar

P.S. System info provided below....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-labtop-turned-against-me.133337/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone When i m using my computer the computer suddenly turned off and it cannot be turned on back There is no power led lights the fans are not rotating even a milisec This problem occured weeks after i upgraded my gpu and i added gb ram on my pc This problem cannot be turned on Computer also occured years ago when i m playing game and that time my computer on a different mobo The years ago problem occured after i have used my computer about years no change of hardware After i changed the psu the computer is working Computer cannot be turned on again Now the problem is occured again with different type Computer cannot be turned on mobo psu and gpu The years ago problem seem better because the cpu fan is responding by trying to rotate the fan rotates a very little little movement and also no power led lights only my monitor is on the monitor is using power from my psu Current problem is same but this time there is no movement at all on my cpu fan only my monitor is on years ago problem pc spec Intel D GGC motherboard watt psu no brand Gecube ati radeon x GPU Pentium ghz HT mb ddr Current problem pc spec Biostar G -M watt psu replaced the psu above about year ago no brand Sapphire HD replaced the gpu above Pentium ghz HT same cpu gb ddr Anyone can help me Thank you nbsp

A:Computer cannot be turned on

Do you have another psu to try out? It sounds like the psu might have given it last breath power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-cannot-be-turned-on.152344/
Relevancy 61.49%

Having the same problem with multiple customers computers, it started about last week. Combofix didn't even do a thing to resolve the issue. Reformating is not an option. Tried Mbam, ComboFix, AVG. Checked services settings (DHCP turns off after every reboot) but the other services remain okay, and checked every proccess running Disabled all startup items, checked hidden hardware, did SFC scans; nothing worked. HijackThis also renders no useful information. Originally thought it to be a OS related problem, but after we started seeing more computers come in with the exact problem, starting to lean towards it being a virus, or maybe a problem with a recent windows XP update. If anoyone else finds something out please let us know.Thanks!EDIT: Moved from XP to Am I Infected forum ~ Hamluis.

A:DHCP Turned Off

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Since you have run ComboFix, please include the ComboFix log in the new topic along with a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you cannot produce any of the other logs, then please create the new topic anyway, include the information that you were unable to produce the other logs and why and include the ComboFix log along with a description of your computer issues.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/321066/dhcp-turned-off/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok this has me baffled friend has a no name monitor just one day decided to stop working on his PC Monitor in question is a quot VGA one now thinking that it was his GPU i replaced that as i had one spare returned to him and same problem so i told him to bring the monitor to me now im trying it on my machine and it is doing the same thing Screen on PC off quot signal cable disconnect quot and amber led flashing Screen on PC on LED briefly goes green then LED goes off no amount of button pressing will make it come back on as soon as i unplug the VGA cable it comes back on after the screen wouldnt turn on turning is when turned off on PC TFT i TFT turning off when PC is turned on plugged my own moniter back in and i noticed that while it was plugged in to the faulty monitor my PC was stuck on the GPU bios screen after plugging my screen in it carried on booting as normal any ideas Thanks TFT turning off when PC is turned on Jonni nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tft-turning-off-when-pc-is-turned-on.933339/
Relevancy 61.49%

I was playing a game yesterday when the PC turned itself off I presumed a power surge perhaps tried to turn it back on but nothing happened The motherboard an IP lights came itself off Computer turned on and showed error code which means Enable ATX power supply Can anyone give me an idea as to how to troubleshoot I ve disconnected the psu and tried short circuiting it to see if it s working nothing happened but I don t know if I trust the method I haven Computer turned itself off t got a multimeter though I could possibly nab one off my uncle Any help would be appreciated So I ve removed the GPU RAM and have attempted to start after removing Computer turned itself off each component with no luck I ve tried shorting the PSU to see if it s working I used a case fan which usually has several LED s lit up Only one lit up and it was slowly flashing rather than constant The fans within the PSU and the case fan itself did not twitch at all I need to correct my description of the LED code as well on turning on power it changes from to and when I attempt to start the computer it changes to Not sure if that makes a difference nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

A cat sat on my HP computer and now my WLAN is disabled. It says to push the enable button. Where exactly is that? HOw do I turn it back on?
THANKS!

Relevancy 61.49%

Last week when I searched for Christmas songs suddenly my Kaspersky IS HIGH!!! very It turned found a sys treat So as usual I disinfected it and deleted it Then when I restarted I found out that all the Mem usage of Processes became unusually high which mean the hundreds became thousands and my PC now slow like hell So I would like someone It turned very HIGH!!! here who can kindly provide some steps It turned very HIGH!!! to help me Any help will be highly appreciated Please ------------------------------------------------------------Here's my Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fsssvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Mouse Driver KMWDSrv exeC Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Sony Ericsson PC Suite SupServ exeC Program Files Common Files Sogou PXP p psvr exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System TUProgSt exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC PROGRA MI Office OIS EXEC PROGRA MI Office OIS EXEC Documents and Settings Kaze Desktop HijackThis exeC WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - URLSearchHook no name - CB - F - D A-BB -D ABE E - no file R - URLSearchHook SgUrlSearHook Class - BAB AC - FF - F E-A E- C CCFEA D - C WINDOWS system socul dllO - BHO Thunder AtOnce - AEC- FD - fd- C -E D C - C Program Files Thunder Network Thunder ComDlls TDAtOnce Now dllO - BHO SohuDAIEHelper - CA D - - EA- D A- E AD B - C Program Files P P sodaie dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Windows Live OneCare Family Safety Browser Helper - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - C Program Files Windows Live Family Safety fssbho dllO - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO ThunderBHO - D FEB- - - - DD C - C Program Files Thunder Network Thunder ComDlls xunleiBHO Now dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - ... Read more

A:It turned very HIGH!!!

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.-------------------------------------------------------------Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the followingThe cleaning process is not instant. DDS logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281589/it-turned-very-high/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

Every time i attempt to access a website that requires cookies a message appears telling me i must have cookies enabled. I have tried making my computer accept all cookies and also have tried overiding automatic cookies handling but it still tells me to turn on cookies. I installed fire fox 3.0 and it works fine so i want to know if there is something i need to do to turn on cookies again. Thanks.

A:Cookies turned off...

I 'am using internet explorer 7.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/cookies-turned-off-266635.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've run every possible fix I can think of other than Hijack This, mostly because I like a functioning brick over a non-functioning brick and that program is dangerous if you don't know how to use it. I don't know how to use it.
Can you help me out?

A:CPU goes from 0-1% to 100% when wi-fi turned on. Possible virus.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/524348 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524348/cpu-goes-from-0-1-to-100-when-wi-fi-turned-on-possible-virus/
Relevancy 61.49%

hi there ,
cant enter to any webpage that have "video" tag .. well i supposed that .. i used the ninjaproxy.com to browse youtube.com, but still cant see any videos .. the web page run but cant see the videos there is a message up that says your javascript is turned off. i used internet explorer, i think i may have my firewall with some blocked ports.. i already do the tools, internet options procedure but still doesnt work what else i can do?

A:javascript turned off

Do you have the latest version of Flash?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239736/javascript-turned-off/
Relevancy 61.49%

I was on my computer everything was fine,Iturned it off to work on my nephew's pc,my monitor is a Sceptre X20 Gamer and has two video hook ups so I left mine hooked up and hooked his to the other video input,everything worked fine.When I finished I un hooked his and later when I turned mine back on there was no video.The lights,fans on the mb work and the dvd door will open and close,but it won't bootup.I've switched out the memory,the video card and the hard drive to another pc and they all worked.There is one short beep when I start it.I even got a StarTech diagnostics card and the code is FF,the instructions said that means that it's past post and ready to boot. I'm about ready to send everything back fo replacements.
Can anybody help, lgbent

A:Turned pc off ,won't reboot, help

check if all the cables are plugged in properly from the monitor and also from the case. You can also visit the website and get support from them: www.startech.com/Support/?c=UK
Hope this helps bye.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turned-pc-off-wont-reboot-help.93456/
Relevancy 61.49%

I use Windows XP professional, and I just turned my comp on and when to My Computer, and 3 of my hard disk drives are gone!! ?!?!
the C and D drives are there, but F, G and H have just disappeared. I'm so confused >.< What should I do? It's really late here so I can't call my computer guy now, so I'll have to wait till tomorrow.. but if anyone here could help, that would be awesome! thanks..

A:I just turned my computer on..

First of all head to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

using RegEdit and check things like "NoDrives" are set to 0. If it's set to 1 change it to 0 and reboot.

If you can type in the "My Computer" address bar F:\ and it takes you to your F drive then just create some shortcuts to it..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-just-turned-my-computer-on.341403/
Relevancy 61.49%

i was watching youtube and all of a sudden my computer turned off. i turned it back on. how go i figure out what caused it?

A:my computer turned off by itself.

Hi there,

First and foremost, please list the specs of your computer. Knowning the specs of your computer surely helps us troubleshoot your computer issue more efficiently. Is your computer a desktop or a laptop?

Assuming your computer is a desktop, it's possible that the power supply unit is faulty. Please post your computer specs when you can. Thank you.

Hope everything works out well for you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-computer-turned-off-by-itself-1165465.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, my cursor has become a dot! Can anyone help me to return it to its normal shape please?

Thanks. Wibley

A:Cursor has turned into a dot!

Go to Start>control panel> select mouse. There should be a tab there for pointers. You should be able to select one of several possiblities.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cursor-has-turned-into-a-dot.706898/
Relevancy 61.49%

Option 1: Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only (default)

Option 2: Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:

I'm running the 64-bit version of 7 if that matters...And it does indicate at the bottom "Your computer's processor supports hardware-based DEP."

Relevancy 61.49%

I turned off Norton in order to get to secure sites[was not able to get to secure siteswith Norton turned on]. Should I turn it back on ? What is the potential problem with it off?

A:Norton turned off

Er well imagine crossing a busy three lane motorway, hard enough you agree?? Now imagine crossing that same busy motorway at night, blindfolded ! That is the risk you are taking, maybe you will be ok, most probably you will not,
Regards,
John

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-turned-off.532660/
Relevancy 61.49%

My computer will not allow me to download microsoft apps like silverlight, and it also will not allow me to turn on any antivirus software, or download new software to try to fix my problem. It is as if my computer stops any application from opening except for internet explorer, but even that has changed, I now have two internet explorer icons, the orginal "Internet Explorer" and the new one that just appeared without an update or down load "Internet Explorer 64-bit"..is there a way to fix this?

A:my computer has turned on me!

Hello, It appears you are infected. EXE HELPERPlease download exeHelper to your desktop.Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).Can you run this now?Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Devices List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/437049/my-computer-has-turned-on-me/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,
Got a strange problem. A few days ago I noticed that after powering down my desktop PC, the CPU fan and HD started running again after 15-30 seconds or so. Neither were running at full speed, more like half speed. The system power light was on (green) and the HD power light was also on, but flickering. When I powered the PC back up, everything worked normally. I've been running this PC for several years without this problem, now it happens every time I shut it down. The only way I can turn the HD and CPU fan off is by unplugging the PC. I suspect that either the Antec power supply or the mother board is going bad, but I don't have any extras to test with. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of problem.

Hardware Info:
Gigabyte 8I-RXP
Antec 350W power supply

Thanks!

A:PC Turned Off, but CPU fan and HD light On

Yes, I had a power supply that was going goofy, and the symptoms were very similar. In my case most of the PC seemed to shut down but the fans kept running and the hard drive light stayed lit with a little flickering and in my case, if I held the power button down until it was supposed to be a hard off, there was no change so I couldn't restart until fully unplugging first.

New PS solved it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-turned-off-but-cpu-fan-and-hd-light-on.769278/
Relevancy 61.49%

my aspire E-15 will not boot up properly.  It starts, then screen goes black.  If I pull the power out, screen comes back on, but goes dark if I plug power back in.  I see the screen brightness is reversed when I look at power options.I have to turn on/off button off, then immedialtely turn it back on.  Then the boot is very, very slow.Is Acer ever going to fix this?

A:Why does my aspire E-15 have to be turned on then ...

try a battery reset. Remove the power. Turn laptop oner and find the tiny hole in the bottom. Insert a paper clip and gently push until you feel a click, hold for 5 seconds, let it sit for 5 minutes. Before you plug it in, check your power supply with a multi meter or have it checked. http://www.atbatt.com/laptop-chargers/how-to-test-laptop-adapterSee if the laptop boots. No? You will need a large USB drive or a usb HDD to save your data. Hold Alt + F-10 at boot and see if Recovery starts. Do a Full Factory Restore.   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Why-does-my-aspire-E-15-have-to-be-turned-on-then-off-before-it/td-p/428913/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.49%

i need help getting defender turned on this is so confusing

A:need help getting defender turned on

Hello Sunny, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Do you have any 3rd party antivirus (AV) program installed that may have disabled Windows Defender so it will be used instead?

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/25600-need-help-getting-defender-turned.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Please help me. When I turned on my pc a message appeared telling me that my computer is at risk because my anti virus is turned off. When I opened the icon for windows security center I found out that my anti virus is off. How do I turn on my anti virus? I'm using bit defender but now it is turned off so I have no active anti virus. When I clicked recommendations, it said to turn on my antivirus or find another antivirus. When I clicked ok, nothing happened it just remained turned off. How can I turn this on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:antivirus turned off

Every AV program that I have seen...has a control console that can be activated by clicking on the program itself from Start/Programs.

Have you tried that?

The Windows Security Center does not control the initialization of the AV program, as I recall (I seldom visit the Security Center for anything). It only reflects the current status of the program.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/215244/antivirus-turned-off/
Relevancy 61.49%

I've been trying to view a friend's video on YouTube, but it's not leeting me because I either don't have the latest flashplayer (I do), or my Javascript is turned off (it isn't). I've been into tools and enabled active scripting, but i'm getting the same results. Any ideas?

A:JavaScript Turned off

Hi Gardenstate,

this could be due to a problem with the latest version of the Flash plugin. Try uninstalling it and downloading the previous version. You can download version 8 here.

If you have any problems removing your current version, you can use the Flash Player uninstaller which you can download here.

Hope that helps :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/javascript-turned-off-122517.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi all built my pc myself about 2 years ago and had no problems but just now it switched off itself tried to turn back on and nothing unplugged power cord plugged back in nothing then 1 minute later it came back on and no problems .. anyone have suggestion why thanks

A:PC turned off for 1 minute

hi UPDATE pls can anyone help with suggestions just happened again pc been on all day yesterday opnly done it once then been on for few hours and now just done it again then affter 1 tro 2 minutes it will let me turn it back on . I opened pc took cpu fan off cleaned re applied new thermal paste to cpu used compressed air to blow out any dust in case and took out ram and replaced . all working at mo but any suggestions would be great //

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turned-off-for-1-minute.184121/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

I can't turned off my computer.

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Can someone help me?

A:Computer can't turned off

Hi, can you be more specific? When you click on Start, don't you see "Shut down"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/182187-computer-cant-turned-off.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I'm running XP on an older computer and I'm wondering which services are needed and which ones aren't. I want to disable the unnecessary services so it reduces my startup time. There's so many enabled right now. I just need to know which ones have to stay enabled for startup and which ones are not needed at startup.

A:What services can be turned off

Go to RUN and type in MSCONFIG. Click on the right tab "startup" and list everything on here so we can look at it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-services-can-be-turned-off.334979/
Relevancy 61.49%

i have a motorola wireless router that i run my cable connection through. i was changing settings on the 192.168.10.1 page. i accidentally turned off "nat." now my router doesnt work. i can use the internet, bypassing the router, getting one computer hooked up. i cant get to the 192.168.10.1 page to change the settings because the computer doesnt work when hooked up to the router. can anyone help me out?

thanks a million

-will

A:accidentally turned of nat

Sure. Reset the router to factory defaults, usually by holding down the reset for 10 seconds or more with power on. This will return it to being a normal router, and a wired computer will be able to connect to it again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accidentally-turned-of-nat.546713/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey,

I have a hp g62 Notebook. Today it just shut down and showed error(90b) or something. There was NO burning smell coming from the laptop .. it just stopped. This fan is located on the left side and it no longer works.

A:Fan turned off or dead?

When you say " the fan no longer works" does the laptop boot at all, or is it dead?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-turned-off-or-dead.157203/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a windows 8 Sony laptop.
I turned it on to see it was updating. In the bottom
Righthand corner it said something about the laptop
Restarting in 2 days, then knocked off and won't turn
Back on??
Does this mean that it actually won't start again for two days?
This has never happened before

A:Laptop turned off

Never seen this action.

Could the battery be dead?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-turned-off.1125531/
Relevancy 61.49%

I get told this by my windows security centre when I turn the machine on and it tells me the virus protection thingy is not enabled but when I open up bitdefender it seems fine

Is it fine? Should I ignore my windows security centre?

(make the answers easy please! Otherwise you could be here for days.............. hahahaha)

Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, all the bros here. I need some help on my CPU.

Firstly, my CPU has been working fine for the past 2 years. Recently, when i changed my resolution, my monitor would black out and hang there. But still i could hear the background music. After countering the same problem for 10 times, my CPU cannot be turn on. The fan is functioning but the LED lights above the button that turn on the CPU are not lighted.

I'm doubting its the monitor or the video card problem. So i test my monitor with another CPU, but it works fine. Therefore, i check out my video card. Its ATI Radeon 9600S. I unplug and plug it back. The red LED light is lighted but the green LED light doesn't.

So, is it the motherboard problem or the video card problem??

A:Help.. My computer cannot be turned on!

if your cpu isn't start then nothing will start
the video card is your problem
try to get other video card for test (old one or from friend) and see if it will work
also check that all the cables and connections are setup propperly

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-my-computer-cannot-be-turned-on.61645/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone,

I have one internal HDD with five partitions that I am using it as external HDD using SATA to USB casing. It is from my previous laptop which is dead long ago. Till now the HDD was working fine but last night 2 of the partitions turned RAW. Its asking me to format the partitions but I don't want to because I have some important files in those partitions. I am using win 7 x64. I tried connecting this HDD to another computer with win 7 but same problem persists. Till now I have not tried any software to recover it coz they may damage them further. Below is the screenshot from disk management.

In the above screenshot, drive G: and J: are inaccessible now. Is there any chance to restore the partitions or atleast recover the files with original folder structure?

A:HDD partition turned RAW!!!

Try running the Partition Recovery Wizard in MiniTools Partition Wizard Home Edition Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.

It should be able to rewrite the missing partition info into the first sector and recover the partition.

Help here: Proceed to the topic Recovery with Partition Wizard: SanDisk Cruzer Blade 16GB in Recover a flash drive turned RAW ? Partition Wizard and TestDisk. (In your case it will be the external HDD)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/319282-hdd-partition-turned-raw.html
Relevancy 61.49%

AV is on. Why is this?

A:Windows says AV needs to be turned.

Hello bwighttwo -

It seems that you already have Antivirus installed, and this is another question -

Can you list what your actual problem is, and why you posted it -

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488369/windows-says-av-needs-to-be-turned/
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently bought a dell projector for my home lap top computer. Installation was simple enough but when I was trying to revert the image back to my lab top, the image on both the monitor and the projector disappeared :-(

As any good fledgling seeking to remedy a situation would do I reset the computer and hoped for the best. All started out well, the windows loading screen came up but much to my dismay, the screen went blank imediately after it was finished loading. Strangely enough, the computer seems to be running fine but there is no picture on the projector or the cpu. HELP!!!

If anyone has any idea what the problem could be I would be eternally in your debt...

A:Hey...who turned out the lights?!

Hi and welcome to the TS Forum: Wave:

Sounds like both displays have been switched off accidentally I had a similar problem with a TV out on a Voodoo 3 3000 but with me I damaged the cable to the TV leaving me with a blank PC screen.

Turn on the laptop and as you see the XP splash screen (or a second before it appears) press the F8 key on the keyboard, this should bring up the boot menu, one of the choices is Safe mode, choose that and let the PC boot up, now if it boots up you have to remove the Video card from Device manager, its a good idea to make sure you have the drivers before hand just in case, once you have deleted the video card from device manager reboot the PC and let windows reinstall the card.

Like I said this was how I cured it, however I found out after that all I had to do was change a setting in the registry to reenable the display, so maybe someone may have a better idea along those lines.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hey-who-turned-out-the-lights.75550/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi everyone My sister-in-law brought over her Puter just turned off puter for me to fix It was running slow and she asked me to check it she had all sorts of spyware on it That problem was completely fixed I had the puter sitting Puter just turned off on the desk - still turned on - and it just suddenly turned off Didn t shut down no warning no window messages just turned off like someone yanked the power cord I tried turning it back on nothing No beeps no lights nothing Checked the power supply both outlets were just fine - plugged in a little light to see I opened it up right away and it s not the fans - both were cool and so was the whole inside Now I know it s a Dell Demension it has Windows XP HE on it and as for specifics I can t tell you as I can t turn on the puter to look It s about - yrs old I ve done Google searches and anything related always involved a power fluctuation or a storm and there was neither last night My husband and I each have our own puter s which were on at the same time and nothing happened with either of them None of the puter s are plugged into the same outlets each one s on it s own I did check all the cords and cables and everything s fine there One site said to take out the CPU and try to boot up again - I ve no idea where or how to do that Another said to check the BIOS but pointless as I can t boot it up again I looked at the Motherboard and the other cards in there One quot techie quot site said to look at the quot silo s quot to see if they were damaged Everything inside looks OK - no leakage nothing loose no swelling quot silo s quot Is there anything else I can check to see what the problem is And please note I m good with software but the hardware aspect of a puter is beyond me I have a digital camera so I can always take pix and someone can quot point quot lmao I ll try to answer any questions I can won t guarantee anything but I ll try TIA nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

i have a logitech webcam. it is a usb device. i install the software and the camera but it will not work. called the place i got it from and they said the usb port neede to be turned on. it was going to cost $40 that i didnt have. was weondering how u go about turning a usb port on.

A:usb port is turned off

£28 for a usb port to be turned, money for old rope!

anyway, when you switch your comp on after the memory count, keep hitting delete. you go into your bios, go down the options, mines called chipset features, press enter, there you will get a list of things, they will either be enabled or disabled, look for on chip usb and on chip usb 2, if they say disabled after them press your plus key on the number pad on your keyboard, it should change to enabled, go down to usb 2 and do the same. press escape to get out of that screen and then go to the one that says save and exit. press enter, it will say save and exit y/n, press y and enter, then it will carry on loading. they should work now.

say if your still stuck.

wen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-port-is-turned-off.57569/
Relevancy 61.49%

I was noticing for a couple hours that my computer was slow connecting to sites so I decided to use my Apple Computer a while and ran Advanced System Care which has been working well for me A couple hours later I came back and there's a flag that Firewall is Firewall turned Me by Not But was off off so I selected the link provided to turn it back on and it says it cannot be turned on so I should turn it on manually Then it says what settings do you want to use and I Firewall was turned off But Not by Me chose Defaults it then says it cannot be connected and gives me Error Code x c I tried using system restore as recommended and it did restore but didn't fix the problem Whenever i try to connect to a site using history it won't connect unless I type in the address manually I didn't turn the Firewall off The only thing I did and it was right before this happened is that I got an update from Firefox or at least i thought it was but now I'm wondering How can I fix this and what do you figure is a likely cause Thanks for suggestions I just tried to install Windows Firewall Control and I got this meesage Windows Firewall Control Service not Running I don't have Windows - I have Windows - since the program says Windows Repair I'm not sure why I'm getting a message about Windows

A:Firewall was turned off But Not by Me

So then I downloaded Remove It Pro from Major Geeks.   It ran a few second then nothing, no report, no nothing?    Is that the proper outcome?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/524378/firewall-was-turned-off-but-not-by-me/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi So I turned my computer on and was warned by windows that my antivirus were off I have sophos and Ad-aware and both are off I tried to turn then on but by Antivirus themselves. turned off I was not able Also I received a message that native exe was trying to make Antivirus turned off by themselves. registry changes My internet was acting weird too Sometimes it lags too much out of nowhere when the connection is good Sometimes it connects to some pages but does not connect to other pages not even google The Hijackthis Antivirus turned off by themselves. results are Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x Sophos AutoUpdate ALMon exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Users AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Users AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Downloads HijackThis exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Sophos Web Content Scanner - EA -B F - C -A BC- ADA FD - C Program Files x Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus SophosBHO dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - HKLM Run Sophos AutoUpdate Monitor C Program Files x Sophos AutoUpdate almon exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Se amp nd to OneNote - res C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONBttnIE dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Se amp nd to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C Program Files x Mi... Read more

A:Antivirus turned off by themselves.

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logElle

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/356925/antivirus-turned-off-by-themselves/
Relevancy 61.49%

I m running windows pro Microsoft security esentials and just turned Help! into a spammer. I've did a full scan with MBAM and everthing is coming up clean I Help! I've turned into a spammer. m still sending out spam to all my contacts every night here is my latest HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Freecorder FLVSrvc exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility BCU exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Users Mike AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneCmd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil l ActiveX exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AOL Toolbar Search Class - f e - e - c c- b a- ab f d - C Program Files AOL Toolbar aoltb dll R - URLSearchHook SearchHook Class - BC E AB-EDA - - F-CE B C F A - C Program Files DeviceVM Browser Configuration Utility AddressBarSearch dll R - URLSearchHook Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFree dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Freecorder Toolbar - b d - c - f-a f -b f a - C Program Files Freecorder tbFree dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Loader - ef - b - -b f- d b ab - C Program Files AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O -... Read more

A:Help! I've turned into a spammer.

A little further research shows the spam showing up in my sent folder at the hotmail.com site but not in my outlook sent folder. I changed my hotmail password and I believe that will at least stop the flow. It turns out, that the spam was only going to the same 12-15 addresses every time and not all 900 contacts in my contact file. I still believe it's something on my PC sending it out, so any help is appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ive-turned-into-a-spammer.983503/
Relevancy 61.49%

This is my first post so please bear with me. I have a 1.7Ghz P4 with an Intel D850MV Board and 256Mb of PC800 RDRAM. I am experiencing problems with gaming and general multimedia. I compared my system with my roomates system and it runs at about half the speed. (He has same configuration with a 1.6Ghz P4) So, as anyone would be, I said "wtf", . I ran the new version of SiSoft Sanda (2003) and found that my 'Memory Bandwidth' is fine but my 'Cache and Memory Bechmark' is about half the speed of what it should be. Actually it mimics the Celeron 1.3Ghz w/ PC100. Also, I found that my processor arithmatic and multimedia benchmarks are about half of normal speed. I am wondering if anyone has every seen this problem before or knows what else to check. Thanks for the help.

Ive attached a screen of the 'Cache and Memory Benchmark'.

-=Andy=-

Relevancy 61.49%

Recently into when on? PC goes turned hibernation whenever I turn my computer on in the morning I always turn it off before bed the power button flashes orange like it s in sleep mode or something I can hear the hard drive working almost as if it s turning on but it just flashes orange PC goes into hibernation when turned on? for a while I ve never left it for all that long to see if it would go on by itself usually if I hold down the button for a couple of seconds then let go and repeat for a bit the light starts flickering on then off quick then does the normal longer flash and then after a bit it turns on normally I have some dumb surge protector that turns on off the other stuff plugged into it when the computer is turned on off the only thing I have PC goes into hibernation when turned on? plugged into that section is the printer There s a couple of plugs that it always keeps on that I have other stuff plugged into and one of the first times it happened it turned on normally after the printer finished turning on the surge protector still starts powering it when the computer is doing the flash thing so I thought that might be messing it up but I tried unplugging the printer and turning the computer on and it still did that Now it continues flashing even after the printer finishes turning on PC goes into hibernation when turned on? I don t know if it was just a coincidence the first time or what I went to the power options and checked to see if it was configured to hibernate when the button is pressed but it was set to turn off like it always has been Just out of curiosity I set it to turn off when I pressed the sleep button too it wasn t set to that before and it still does the flashing thing Recently my computer freaked out so I had to turn it off by the button I waited about - seconds and turned it back on and it went right on didn t flash orange at all Seems to be only if it s off for a long period of time I m pretty sure I haven t changed any settings I have no clue what s wrong Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:PC goes into hibernation when turned on?

The first job is to disconnect completely that surge protector
also disconnect all external devices from the computer apart from monitor, keyboard and mouse - if not a laptop
You have not provided any details of the computer, so of course this aspect is guesswork
So you now have the computer connected direct to an AC supply
Test it

Please also provide a copy and paste of the info in the white box of our system info
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

and the make and full model of the computer if branded

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-goes-into-hibernation-when-turned-on.1157908/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok so just now my win7 machine turned back into XP. I have no idea why or how and it will not let me login. it asks me to authorize online, i try it but it can not reach the internet (which it is connected to).

Anyone have an idea on what is going on? I just used my machine last night and it was working fine. I shut down and boot up after I get back from work and it is showing XP.....

I have so much work to do and nothing can get done.
Please help!

cheers,

A:Win 7 turned back into XP!????

You cannot login yet it's asking you to activate? How many partitions are on your hard disk(s)? Sounds like either your BIOS or boot manager started an old XP installation by mistake.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/84787-win-7-turned-back-into-xp.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I was on a real estate website when Avast and MS security essentials were no longer running. I can't turn them on. Says I don't have access. I updated MBAM and tried to run it but it won't run either.

A:security turned off

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include the link to this topic in your new topic and a description of your computer issues and what you have done to resolve them.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Once you have created the new topic, please reply back here with a link to the new topic.As an aside, you have two Anti-viruses running with your mention of "when Avast and MS security essentials were no longer running." This is not a good idea and can cause conflicts. Be sure to mention that happened with the person helping you with your logs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420065/security-turned-off/
Relevancy 61.49%

EVERY TIME I GO TO YOUTUBE.COM TO SEE A VIDEO
I GET THIS ERROR MESSAGE:
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player.
CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME
WITH THIS PROBLEM?

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I have an old WD passport hard drive which has been affected by Virus First of all only way to open the drive is through autorun It gives quot Access denied quot if i cancel autorun and try to open it through quot my computer quot Secondly All the files in the drive has been turned into exe files I am using Avast anti virus free edition It detects the virus as quot Win bamital- T DRP quot but its not cleaning the virus I have some memorable photographs in the drive and I dont want to loose them Please help me Contents of DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by ARAVINDA at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV BitDefender Antivirus On-access scanning disabled Updated C BB C-B ED- F -A C- BB AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D FW BitDefender Firewall disabled F- E - A -A - D B F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost into turned files .exe have exe svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin files have turned into .exe ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings ARAVINDA My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GRA E DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No File uRun BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot c program files common files ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe quot uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings aravinda local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun igfxtray quot c windows system igfxtray exe quot mRun igfxhkcmd quot c windows system hkcmd exe quot mRun igfxpers quot c windows system igfxpers exe quot mRun SigmatelSysTrayApp quot stsystra exe quot mRun SynTPEnh quot c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe quot mRun Dell QuickSet c program files dell quickset quickset exe mRun IntelZeroConfig quot c program files intel wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot mRun IntelWireless quot c program files intel wireless bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless mRun googletalk quot c program files google google talk googletalk exe quot autostart mRun GrooveMonitor quot c program files microsoft office office GrooveMonitor exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck qu... Read more

A:files have turned into .exe

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

The Win32:bamital detection by avast! you mentioned doesn't typically cause the symptoms you describe. I can't guarantee this will fix your problem.

Right-click your C: drive > Sharing and Security > Security > Advanced > Owner

If the current owner is not as it should be, in the 'Change owner to:' box, select the 'Administrators' for your computer.

Click the 'Replace owner on subcontainers and objects' box and click 'Apply' then OK your way out.

Can you access your C: drive now?

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/files-have-turned-into-exe-491754.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just started my comp up about minutes ago and it sounded a little quieter than normal and since I put the system together yesterday I grabbed a flashlight and looked inside To my utter surprise off. turned Fan randomly the CPU fan was off I immediatly turned the system off Hadn t even gone to windows yet Upon restarting my comp I Fan randomly turned off. watched the fan it turned Fan randomly turned off. on normally then about after seconds it quit After several restarts I decided to yank the system out of the cabinet and take a good look I swapped the cpu fan connector to the quot Power quot fan connector and my CPU fan worked normally but the fan that was plugged into the CPU slot did the same thing as the cpu fan was doing previously With my CPU fan at least working I then went to the bios and set everything back to default and low and behold both fans now operate normally The thing that irks me is that I haven t even SEEN a spot to mess with fan settings much less me changing them Any reasons why the bios would be telling my CPU fan to turn off This now has got me peeking into my case every mins checking the fans nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

My E-1405 Dell laptop was accidentally turned off by a friend during a system restore. Upon restart the only screen that now appears reads.

(Stop: c0000135 {unable to locate component}
This application has failed to start because GDI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.)

The F-keys work but will not boot into safe or any mode that opens
xp but will open to the blue screen above.

The OS came pre-installed with no disk. So at this point how do I now perform a system recovery, with or without saving my files? I have tried holding the ctrl key and pressing f-11 during start up as seen on another thread, no help! it returns to the screen above.

A:Turned off during restore

If you can reach safe mode prompt, the you can reach last known good cofiguration .
Try that and POst back.

Welcome to the forum>

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/turned-off-during-restore-244996.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello All i have had some issues with my rogers provider turning off my internet they keep saying that there is a IRC bot on my network I have seven machines on the network laptops desktops and a hp server out of all of the machines i think there is only one machine that could possibly be infected My room mate downloads alot of and i am trying to sort through the log if anyone could take a look at the following log and sort heads BOT my turned Isp cause of IRC internet off from tails it would be much appreciated thanks Dave Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved Isp turned off my internet cause of IRC BOT at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Ideazon ZEngine Zboard exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Wireshark dumpcap exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system taskhost exe F Nettools HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO SmartSelect - F EE -DAA - - - D EE A - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll O - HKLM Run Adobe Acrobat Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrobat sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run VX C Windows vVX exe O - HKLM Run LifeCam quot C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam LifeExp exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run H O C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe O - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run Zboard C Program Files Ideazon ZEngine Zboard exe O - HKCU Run msnmsgr quot C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot background O - HKCU Run scheduler monitor C Program Files ReaConverter Pro i... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/isp-turned-off-my-internet-cause-of-irc-bot.879877/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a HP vs15 desktop monitor, it works fine, it turned off for a long time but it suddenly turned on, i was just using it recently, it was working fine until it suddenly shut off and did that blue light blinking on the button.

can anyone tell me whats wrong with it or how to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-monitor-turned-off-on-me.887190/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Hi to all, can u sort out this problem, i cant able to view the photos or videos from my orkut account nor the youtube, please do suggest me

Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack It has GHz processor and GB or RAM I've not had this problem before but the system is unresponsive and slow I recently upgraded my media player to version and it was working but now Or into I been Bot? Both? hijacked Have or a turned when I try to play from various websites the player tells me I don't have enough memory and should close some programs to try again Curiously there are no other programs running except my virus Have I been hijacked or turned into a Bot? Or Both? software I shut that down and the problems Have I been hijacked or turned into a Bot? Or Both? persists I did run a virus scan and something else that has never happened before shows up It tells me that no threats are found but it gives me a list of files that could not be scanned because they are password protected However I don't have any passwords on this machine How do I determine if there is a problem and then what to do Thanks for your support

A:Have I been hijacked or turned into a Bot? Or Both?

You have scanned with which software? If you already haven't scanned with Malwarebytes Anti Malware then do that. Also give me a screenshot of your startup and processes. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/497501/have-i-been-hijacked-or-turned-into-a-bot-or-both/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey Guys,

I've got an odd thing happening.. it seems the Jumplists feature has been turned off and I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn them back on.

When I right click an icon in the taskbar all I get for options are the following..

{Program Name}
Unpin from taskbar

Any suggestions?

A:Jumplists Turned Off?

Hello Mitchell,

Double check to make sure that you have Recent Programs and Recent Items turned on. Afterwards, it may take a bit of opening recent items from these icons for them to show up though.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118864-jumplists-turned-off.html