Windows Support Forum

Barebone setup

Q: Barebone setup

im trying to put together a pc from parts I already own, how ever I have problems with understanding compatbility with hardware. perhaps if someone has the time they might be able to help me?

I have an antec nsk4400 case what type of mother board can I use with this
also I have a pair of 1gig (2gigs total) ram that is PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs I would like to add another pair of 2gig PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs for a total of 6gigs so im assuming the mother board has to have 4 slots for ram and also support PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs
I was hoping to find a compatible setup using these components and also would like to add a processor with built in graphics how hard is this to accomplish? if it helps my main goal is to have a decent gaming pc that can run gw2 and league of legends with ease.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Barebone setup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Barebone setup

also these are the system requirements for both games thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me out

LOL
Minimum System Requirements:
?2 GHz processor
?1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
?2 GB available hard disk space
?Shader version 2.0 capable video card
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
?Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
?3 GHz processor
?2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
?6 GB available hard disk space
?GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
?Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
?The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

GW2
Minimum System Requirements Announced
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core? 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon? 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-setup.184510/
Relevancy 70.52%

I Barebone Setup just purchased a new BAREBONE unit P GHz I attached my HDs Barebone Setup CDRoms and Floppy The first time I turned it on it said the CPU has been Barebone Setup changed enter SETUP to re-enter information to CMOS I can either press F to continue or DEL to enter SETUP I Barebone Setup ended up not changing anything thing and instead just clicked save and exit on the SETUP screen and now it doesn t give me that boot screen anymore I think thats ok I hope If not I need to find out how to reset it and start over again I just want the damn computer to run through the memory check show the devices I have then go to the next screen where I can boot from my floppy or CD rom drives so I can start loading Windows XP CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME with this here I guess my question is what should I do SHould I reset and start over and then what Am I fine now just install XP What should I change around in the CMOS or BIOS PLEASE HELP - I have a FIC BAREBONE UNIT nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Can anyone tell what a barebone system actally is? I am thinking of buying one and am wondering if it would be to much work. I have a moniter,keyboad and all the other good stuff already. How much work would this really be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 46.44%

Hey bit of a noob question but what exactally is a barebone system. how is it different from a complete system.?

what hardware etc comes with the barebone and what do you have to buy yourself.?

thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

Barebone Kit Specs Biostar H ML Intel H LGA Motherboard Intel Core i - Ghz LGA CPU ADATA PREMIER SERIES GB DDR MHZ DESKTOP x Seagate TB LP Serial ATA HD MB SATA- G DIABLOTEK gone Barebone bad? kit CPA- ELITE W ATX MID TOWER The issue I purchased this barebone kit from a website and the first time I assembled everything in turned it on and the fans would spin for a few seconds and turn back off I called support and they asked me to call Biostar to identify the problem I called them and Barebone kit gone bad? after a Barebone kit gone bad? few troubleshooting steps such as removing everything and connect everyone one Barebone kit gone bad? by one while testing The computer turns on right away without issues when the ram and everything else was connected except the processor since we weren t there yet Turned the computer off and placed the processor when I turned the PC back on it would spin the fans for to seconds and that was all the activity The Biostar tech told me the issue was the processor I called back the company where I got the barebone kit and explained the steps taken to identify the issue The person on the line decided to issue a replacement and expedited the shipment after they had proof that the defective part was at the UPS Facility After a week the replacement processor arrived I connected the security strip to my wrist and started to insert the CPU to the motherboard same problem The PC turns on but then it turns back off within a to seconds Not enough time for the motherboard to create any beeps or display anything in the monitor Called back and the same steps were taken the Biostar tech said the second processor was also causing the issue but if I still think it was the motherboard that I should call back and request a replacement So I did and today after more than days I got a new motherboard I put everything back together just to find the same issue So far I have tried processors and motherboards with no success The powersupply came with the case and I m starting to get suspicious that it may be causing the issue but how Everything works the fans spin and the pc stays on while the CPU is out of the motherboard but it doesn t work when the CPU is in the motherboard I m extremely irritated with the company and their replacements as well as the shipping methods they use Whenever I request a replacement they want me to pay for a new order to have it shipped the very same day which I think it is unacceptable when I already paid full price for a barebone kit that I expect it to be working upon arrival Unfortunately I don t have another powersupply to test if that s actually causing the issue Is there anyone here that can shine some light into this situation In advance thank you very much nbsp

A:Barebone kit gone bad?

Can you confirm that you are using the motherboard standoffs? If not, the motherboard is shorting to the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-kit-gone-bad.172270/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone Hope someone can Barebone - help kit need help out with advise on what s the best way to proceed in the current situation I purchased a barebone kit and attempted to put it together After inserting the motherboard ASUS M A -M and attaching all the elements Barebone kit - need help to it compatible AMD processor heatsink over the proecessor RAM HDD and DVD-drive I failed to get the system to power on Triple checked the front panel connections as well as the ATX power connectors to the motherboard After reviewing everything found my first and very fundamental mistake - I mounted the motherboard straight into the case without the little stands on which it was supposed to go Took Barebone kit - need help everything out mounted the stands and re-inserted everything At this point the system manages to turn on the fans both the CPU fan and the one in the power supply spin up the LED indicator on the motherboard lights up But nothing else happens I don t even get a POST screen This was the case even in a bench-test with a minimal setup powered up MB and RAM only I have contacted the vendor and they suggested I change power supply and the motherboard first - I initiated the return of those components now waiting to get the new ones and going to try to re-assemble everything and hope that everything works as it should although at this point I have a nagging disbelief that it ever will Is it likely that my repeated attempts to power on the motherboard while it was touching the case has caused permanent damage Could it also have damaged the CPU that was connected at the time Could the power supply be deficient if it manages to power the system up fans spin etc What are my next steps A huge thanks for any advice you can provide nbsp

A:Barebone kit - need help

Is it likely that my repeated attempts to power on the motherboard while it was touching the case has caused permanent damage?Click to expand...

Yes.
What are my next steps?

First and foremost, read the guide at the top of the forum regrading building your own system. It is somewhat dated now and needs to be updated however the procedures are still valid.

Could it also have damaged the CPU that was connected at the time?Click to expand...

Possible however you will need to test with a new board properly installed to find out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/barebone-kit-need-help.978211/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am looking for any online store which i could create my own barebone computer kit

A:Barebone creator uk

"create my own barebone computer kit".

Hmmm. Not sure I ever heard of that.

Barebones are usually pre-packaged groupings of 3 or 4 primary components, such as case/motherboard/PSU and don't allow you to choose EACH AND EVERY component.

OverclockersUK has barebones:

Systems & Bundles ? Systems ? OcUK Value Barebones - Overclockers UK

They also say: Note - If you would like to make a small change to the specification call our sales team on 0871 200 5052 and they will be happy to help. The lead time on all pre-built barebones is between 24-48 hours.

And also a configurator where you can pick and choose components:

Systems & Bundles ? Systems ? System Configurator - Overclockers UK

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/251771-barebone-creator-uk.html
Relevancy 46.01%

In general folks, what does a "barebone kit include". And also, if u could find 1 for 150.00 that includes the case, proccessor, motherboard, is it a good deal?

Relevancy 46.01%

I'm thinking about getting a laptop, and more specifically building one. Has anyone done this before? Also I don't really know a good place to get the barebone, though the other parts should be relatively easy. Any comments or tips?

A:Laptop Barebone?

Why would you want to do this? You would just end up with a low-quality no-brand laptop - the same you could get from any retail shop for $800.

"Barebone" notebook means that you have to put in the processor, RAM, hard drive and the wireless adapter. Hardly any "building"..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-barebone.66865/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi i am have had problem barebone recent problems wit this computer that I am building the barebone kit came from target pc and first barebone problem time i boot barebone problem it up it just had nothing on the screen it was not a video issue I led to believe that the mobo was broke so i sent it back now i just got it back today and i go to start it up and was it does is go on for about seconds then goes off and a like a beep code goes of high low high low on an on i doubt if they are post beep codes cause i just never heard a post beep code like it I doubt it is the Power supply but not sure when i got the board back the heat sink and fan were offf so they might have banged around in there im not sure the board is a KT- i called target pc and they said that memory should not be a issue so the ddr that i bought from best buy should be ok any feed back on what to do please tell this is a amd board also nbsp

A:barebone problem

That beep code indicates an urgent temperature issue.

If the heatsink is not correctly fitted to the CPU you have a matter of a few seconds (or less) before destructive temperatures can be reached.

Some CPU's may self limit by shutting down, some may not ... AMD may not from memory, but self destruct instead?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/barebone-problem.264795/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm building a computer and the model I have has a atx 2.01 version "Exchangeable" I/O shield. The problem is..I can't get it off! It seems like it's glued or something but i cant get it off at all. I've pushed, pulled, it won't come off.If I dont replace it, then my motherboard can't go in. Help pls!

A:Barebone problem

A barebone? you dont need a motherboard in a barebone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-problem.61623/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

Im in the market for a boarebones system. I found a couple of shuttle xpc's with the lga 775 socket I liked. However, I can't seem to find any with sata connections, are there any out on the market? Also, is there enough space in the small barebones like the shuttles to install an x800 ATI??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-barebone-system.38439/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is the barebone pc I am thinking of buying.

Intel Core i7 4GHZ Overclocked Barebone PC - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Motherboard, Intel Core i7-960 Processor, 12GB DDR3 RAM, Cooler Master HAF 922 Chassis, 750W PSU, CoolIT ECO-120 Liquid Cooling

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=110228&sku=B69-9119#

Now I have Hp pavilion 1010n which is quite old... computer.
160GB 7200rpm ATA Hard Drive
16x DVD+/-RW DL Burner and 48x CD-Rom Drives

Question is: can I salvage DVD drives and hard disk from old one so I can spend money on high end graphic card.
I have external drives and I can upgrade hard disk later if necessary but I hardly use CD-DVD drives.
Thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

Hiya

Simple question: What are they?

I've seen them in dabs, and they're quite cheap:

http://www.dabs.com/uk/channels/components/barebonepcs/productView.htm?quicklinx=344C

£110

Now, as I just want a pc to 'play around with', I've been looking in the clearance/used area, and seen one for £44 upwards.

Do they contain the motherboard, onboard sound/graphics, floppy and cpu, or is there more to them?

As I say, don't want a gaming pc, I have that as I already play Call of Duty quite a lot.

Thanks in advance for any replies

eddie

Relevancy 46.01%

hey guys, i just got a barebone for xmas, its a asus mb with a 2.6 p4, now my problem is i boot up and everything is recongnized boot sequence is perfect, everything is picked up in the bios, im trying to use my hard drive that has a os on it of course with all my software and documents, as soon as xp goes to take over, like the boot sequence gos off, and then you wait for the xp pro logo to come up, it resets!! and does it all over, i tried a boot disk and booted from floppy, nothing still same thing, i boot from cd, and nothing. please help thanks!

Relevancy 46.01%

I am a new guy here and dont kown it is a right place to ask.

Probably going to dump my computer for a good laptop. I play a few FPS games and will be playing some in the future. I am looking for a barebone setup backed by a solid name and good repution. I would like to stuff as many of the parts myself as I can.
I really wanna personally pick out the cpu, memory and hdd myself so I can put them in and save money. It would be a core 2 duo setup.
Any ideas? How is asus. Key is a good warranty so if I have a problem with a part that isn't mine I can get it replaced really easily.

A:Barebone system...

I have seen a few bare bones laptops, not too many of them by companies with really great system reputations. But in the end it seems that you can buy a system already configured cheaper after you consider the price of the bare laptop then adding the CPU and all into the mix then having to purchase a retail copy of an OS. I tried looking through the sites that I have seen them and it seems that no one has one available from my list right now though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/barebone-system.549493/
Relevancy 46.01%

hey guys, i just got a barebone for xmas, its a asus mb with a 2.6 p4, now my problem is i boot up and everything is recongnized boot sequence is perfect, everything is picked up in the bios, im trying to use my hard drive that has a os on it of course with all my software and documents, as soon as xp goes to take over, like the boot sequence gos off, and then you wait for the xp pro logo to come up, it resets!! and does it all over, i tried a boot disk and booted from floppy, nothing still same thing, i boot from cd, and nothing. please help thanks!

A:new barebone locking up xp

You're trying to use an O/S installation from another motherboard? It's not surprising that it's not working, do a clean install and I suspect you'll have better luck.

On the off chance you have bad memory, download www.memtest86.com and build the boot floppy. Run it overnight.

Personally, I suspect that trying to swap the MB is the real issue...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-barebone-locking-up-xp.190522/
Relevancy 46.01%

anybody know where to get good barebone kits?

Relevancy 46.01%

I am thinking of buying a Jetway Barebone kit and sticking in a Athlon XP 2800+, 2*512mb ddr400, 80Gb Maxtor Ata drive, Soundblaster Audigy 2 platinum with front Panel, and a decent GFX card, at the moment im using an ATI 9100 but i want to put a 9600 or 9800 in it.

im going to buy an external CDR/CDRW/DVD USB drive to plug into it.

only problem is it comes with a 200W power supply, and the actual PSU is very very small, custom made to fit the case, so getting a replacement will be difficult.

my question is : can i run my planned spec with the 200w powersupply, is it totally impossible or is there a chance it will be enough...

thanks

A:200w psu in barebone kit

Dont bet on it being stable at all...you'll pop that baby really quickly.....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/200w-psu-in-barebone-kit.9519/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys just need a few questions that need answering First up barebone. a Building of all im trying to Get into building a Good By good i mean Very good gamer PC without emptying my pockets Thing is i ve never gone as far as making my own system I know a few of the basics and all but am not too sure if i know enough So if any one can point me out to a Link to any type of resource that could help out with Building up a barebone. Bulding a Pc using a barebone that would help Now the next thing is the Barebone system itself I m not Building up a barebone. sure which to go for Im trying to get something that can smoothly run a Building up a barebone. game like Doom or Battlefield at or near best quality I m currently looking at this and for the Graphics card something like This Would this be good enough Or would i need something better How about the Barebones system any issues i might have with it If thats the case then what else should i get And last about the Barebones system i ve shown above What other parts would i need to both make the Computer work and get the Gamer system i want Thanks in advance Nonn nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=713514&Sku=S450-3200

Relevancy 45.58%

hey all. recently i purchased a MSI 861 barebone computer and a radeon 9600 secondary to go with it. today, after only a couple hours of morrowind, it failed to boot when i shut it down and tried to turn it back on. i removed the graphics card, then i boot the computer with its integrated video card and it booted up, but very, very slowly. then i turned it off and rebooted, and it worked. i am positive that the slowness in the first boot was caused by overheated CPU, because i had that happen before. anyone have any advice to lessen, if not solve, the problem? any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Relevancy 45.58%

Ok, so I'm going to get a new computer so I decided I would just get a barebone system and add-on stuff to it. The problem is this is my first time, so I would appreciate some help.

Here is the barebone system I picked:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16856101113

Here is the CPU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103533

Memory:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145026

Hard Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144122

CD/DVD Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144122

Is this all I need or would I need something else. I would appreciate suggestions. Hopefully I do not sound like a total noob.

A:Need help with building from a barebone system

Don't worry, we were all noobs once

1. just so you know, barebones systems come as separate components. when you receive it you will still have to assemble/build everything yourself. also you will recive OEM versions, instead of retail which may not have documention and warranty coverage. also, it's pretty much the same price as as buying components separately so you really don't save anything.

2. do not use the power supply that comes with the case, it will be a peice of garbage and will likely cause stability problems, or even damage your system. buy a good PSU, use this guide to help you select a good one.

3. if you want to play games, you'll also need a graphics card, the onboard graphics are only good for simple programs and internet browsing.

4. socket-939 CPUs run memory in dual channel mode, so if you want 512MB, then get 2 x 256MB sticks (or for 1GB use 2 x 512MB) sticks to utilize dual channel.

5. your CDROM link is the same as your HDD link. DVD+/-RW drives are very cheap now, so I wouldn't get anything less unless you need superfast read speeds.

hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-building-from-a-barebone-system.53005/
Relevancy 45.58%

I HAVE A NEW barebone P Bios Barebone Mess!!!! GHz FIC Motherboard only have a HD CD and floppy attached now Barebone Bios Mess!!!! Well Now I have a new Problem I wanted to Get everything back to normal so I re-flashed the BIOS I did not however disable the BIOS gaurdian Now when I turn Barebone Bios Mess!!!! my computer on after reflashing it It come up to the normal boot screen and says BIOS gaurdian is disabled to enable it Press G or to continue press Space bar I pressed G and it enables BIOS GAURDIAN and asks me if I want to Load Performance Settings CONTROL-P or FAIL-SAFE SETTINGS CONTROL F I loaded the Proformance and Barebone Bios Mess!!!! it quickly brings upthe setup screen and restarts then it just goes to the first screen which has my manufactures logo and the Pentium logo on it and it sits there for like minutes and does nothing then jsut restarts and does the same thing over and over again So I re-flashed and loaded Fail-Safe settings same outcome Re-flashed and just hit Space bar and it won t let me go anywhere after that I m really at a dead end I don t know what else to really do here I m kinda of upset about the whole thing now nbsp

A:Barebone Bios Mess!!!!

Why on earth would you flash the bios on a new system ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/barebone-bios-mess.208432/
Relevancy 45.58%

I recently purchased a brand new:
ASUS BAREBONE T2-AH1 ATI RADEON XPRESS200 S939 1000FSB AUD VGA GBLAN.
Onboard Video ATI Radeon Xpress 300
Video Memory Shared
Power Supply 250 W (PFC)
I completed all the installations as instructed.
Installed a brand new AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket

939 Processor - OEM.
**There is NO response.
The monitor does not receive any signal.
The cooling fan, and the heat sink fan all installed properly and work fine when

I power up.
Also the HD with XP PRO and Memory (2 x 184Pin) work ok on another machine.

Relevancy 45.58%

Something interesting and worth while to have a look.

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=26&id=1021

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-hifi-system.11823/
Relevancy 45.58%

I ordered one from tigerdirect.com and I am looking foward to putting it together...

Nick

A:Do Barebone Kits come Assembled?

a contradictory question if ever I heared one!

I would assume that anything in a barebonekit would be pre-assembled, purely for conveniece, if not for ease of delivery.

Still, if they aren't assembled, it wouldn't be a lot to assemble yourself anyway

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-barebone-kits-come-assembled.27191/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys p170 Barebone 2nd reload. hm I've got a huge problem This is a brand new laptop I GB ram Nvidia gtx p170 hm Barebone 2nd reload. m I loaded bit win now the caps-lock amp scroll lock flashes at random times but not long after the system starts up It has started while in bios amp even safe mode Tried the primary RAM amp also behind the p170 hm Barebone 2nd reload. keyboard Looked at beep codes but to no avail Its using AMI bios After beeping continuesly with the two LED flashing with each sound the machine shuts down I've read-up some stuff about discharging amp trying without the power or trying without AC power but nothing works ey At first I thought its the nvidia driver I got of their site because before I ran the assesment amp it completed Then it started with this flashing of the LED's I've counted the beeps at one stage adding up to beeps intill shutdown Some tries it even started beeping before the POST completed I'm lost amp don't wanne send this nice baby back Please any advise will be tried Model P hm

A:p170 hm Barebone 2nd reload.

Try reseating the Ram & Hd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172151-p170-hm-barebone-2nd-reload.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I am thinking of buying a barebone PC and using some the components I use in my current PC e.g. Hard Drive, Optic Drives, Floppy Drive etc. Will this cause any problems or will I get the chance to change various drivers one by one?

Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I am looking into getting a new system that will be built to my specifications. I'm going to give my old system to my daughter who will be going to first grade. My question is that since I already have a WindowsXP software can I use the same software to put on my new system? Both desktops will be in the same room. I'm going to network both PC so we can share my DSL connection. Is that possible to do without buy another OS software. I like XP better than Vista.

A:New barebone(clone) system with WindowsXP

Legally,no.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-barebone-clone-system-with-windowsxp.705500/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

Does anyone have any knowledge of the MEGA 865 Barebone system. There seems to be a bug when only turning on the HIFI option. When playing music CDs right around the third track of every CD we have tested, the DVDR player stops recognizing the CD and says no CD found. We have swapped out three different DVDR players and all the players do the same thing. Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this problem? Any idea would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Jorge

A:MSI MEGA 865 Barebone DVDR problems

I think its just your system. My friend has one of those and hasnt had any problems listening to cds with it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msi-mega-865-barebone-dvdr-problems.229396/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello, Hope I am in the right forum since I do not have a problem, just asking a question. I am going to be purchasing a barebone kit to build a new system to replace my aging computer. The main question I have is what is the best place to buy a barebones kit from? I am looking mostly for best pricing here. I know about tigerdirect, and was wondering if anyone knew of one with even better prices and selection than them? I am looking to spend in the $300 to not more than $500 range, shipping included. I'd like an Intel quad-core system, which I know is possible in that price range from tiger direct. Please give your recommendations on better places to buy from, or if you think tigerdirect is really the best. Thanks so much Gary

Relevancy 44.72%

I'm posting form my working pc, will try to upload the dump file when the other pc stays on long enough to get that far. looking through older posts and searching on google i found another post that has the same barebone kit, and seemingly same issues i have had with my rig. http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...rror-x124.html

I have had blue screens pop up from the get go with installing windows, and doing updates for windows.

A:BSOD with windows updates on new MSI barebone kit

here is the dump file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249983-bsod-windows-updates-new-msi-barebone-kit.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I just put all the hardware together (easy part) but now i need to install OS/drivers. The problem is whenever I attempt to boot off the windows xp disk (or turn on my computer for that mattter) the monitor doesnt recieve any data and simply remains black. Anything I can do to get it working?
Mobo: ASUS A8N5X
Video: EVGA Geforce 7800 GT
EDIT: Its probably just my powersupply ill have to get a new one...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-on-startup-barebone-system.40671/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello I am looking to build a new PC to replace my current one which is many years old and while still running definitely starting to show it s age I currently have an AMD phenom x with GB ram running windows on a standard SATA harddrive I would like to barebone to Solved: replace choosing Help aging desktop kit upgrade to an Intel core i with at least GB ram a SSD and will likely run windows or I d like to purchase a barebones kit which includes motherboard processor RAM SSD case and power supply I wanted to see if anyone has suggestions on where to purchase these components already bundled in a kit I know tigerdirect has some good barebones kits any one know if there is anywhere else that is better Price range will be somewhere between and although i d like to keep it lower if possible I want this system to last me a good long time so I would like to get good quality components I was looking at this system which seems to be well priced and includes all of what I need Does this seem like a decent price to everybody Thanks so much in advance for any and all suggestions I was just going to wing it but I figured I should ask for some opinions first nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I'm back again.

Due to some scheduling issues and an unexpected issue with my car, I was forced to put my gaming rig build on hold.

Now the time has come to put one together, but I'm starting to look around, and I'm wondering if it's just as good to buy one from the store. I mean Best Buy, and Walmart, and even Target are having some huge sales for Black Friday. and if New egg is still the way to go. Could I get an updated build? Half the parts on the old build are sold out or unavailable.

Requirements:

- Quad core preferred -
- AMD build -
- Good GPU -

Please include a case and if needed extra cooling devices.

Price Range

$700-800

Windows 7 will be used. If that could be incorporated in the price, great. If not I will make due.

Thanks

-Brandon

A:Black Friday barebone kits vs. Newegg custom build

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3RPR1600C8LV4GK
CORSAIR Builder Series CMPSU-500CX 500W ATX12V v2.3 Active PFC Power Supply
SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
AMD Phenom II X4 925 Deneb 2.8GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Processor HDX925WFGIBOX
Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

That's $700, let me know if that's out of budget.
Since you don't specify what version of Windows 7, I'll leave that up to you.
Keep an eye out for newegg black friday deals. If you haven't bought anything by then, I can take a look and maybe save some money.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-friday-barebone-kits-vs-newegg-custom-build.156931/
Relevancy 39.13%

anybody out there know where i can find a barebone laptop/notebook?
ive checked a few sites, MSI, Ausus and such but i have had no real luck. any help would be great!!!!

thanks

Relevancy 39.13%

Hey,
i have a computer here are the spec's
Win XP + SP2
Hdd 40GB
Intel barebone motherboard(brand: jetway)
and there is one cdrom player and one network adapter.
but the problem is when i install sound it doesnt work.
(i use the onboard sound device)
its doesnt give any error is simply doesnt give sound.
or the boxes are death but i will go on hunt if i can find something else in the house.
well if some has this problem 2 and solved it i would like to have some help
thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-sound-intel-barebone-motherboard-intel-celeron.384876/
Relevancy 36.12%

Ive read the Instructions on how to setup XP to dual-boot with Vista...
However, im concerned (and someone mentioned it happened to them in the thread)
that when XP SETUP is finished with the TX part of setup and reboots PC to go into the
rest of setup (GUI XP SETUP)) it wont continue....?
is this right>? ive read elsewhere that if the partitions for XP are created in Vista that it wont boot into the rest of setup....

I could make the partition during XP setup if this will help?

thanks

A:Vista/XP Dual Boot - Will XP setup continue into GUI setup after reboot of 1st part.?

When I did my dual boot [using win2k / vista] I used an existing partition that was created by vista. No problem at all. It is a little more difficult than say installing win2k after xp however as long as you follow the instructions there are no problems.

As always make an image of your system before you start. This way if something does go wrong, it is a simple matter to restore the image and be back where you started from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-xp-dual-boot-will-xp-setup-continue-into-gui-setup-after-reboot-of-1st-part.596140/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have several Asus Eee netbooks that I'm getting set up to use at my school. I had some parent volunteers helping me get them ready to deploy, and one of the netbooks was plugged in to initially power it up, but then hard-shut-down before Windows could run through its initial setup.

Now when I boot up the netbook, and it attempts to go through the initial windows setup "Setup is starting services", and then throws an error message:
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.I restart, and the cycle continues. This happens whether I try to boot normally or in safe mode.

I've got no CD-drive attached to it, so I'm not sure what I can do to break this error cycle. Any suggestions/tools/ideas?

Thx,
Jeff

A:Win7 Starter getting error on initial setup; locked in setup loop

Not sure how you deployed them, but if Startup Repair doesn't help when run from System Recovery Options then I would redeploy the image or run Factory Recovery from its partition after backing up the disks.

If you don't have one and they are same hardware, simply backup one's image using Win7 backup imaging or free Macrium - Image your system then boot System Recovery options to Recover Using an Image from its external storage location which you have connected.

If they are not same exact hardware or Image hangs at startup, SysPrep the original before deploying to remove all drivers, activation, SID and HID's.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
System Image Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/190218-win7-starter-getting-error-initial-setup-locked-setup-loop.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Is there any info recorded anywhere in Windows Application - checksum?! at L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe setup.exe location that tells me the name of a setup file that ideally including it's path An executable can usually always be opened with -zip often like itunes revealing the executable internally to contain a collection of msi's Maybe info about the execution Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! of one of these is logged somewhere in which case with a bit more effort I think the 'origin' setup exe could be inferred I read that the journal records every file that's opened is this human-readable Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! Thinking Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! aloud I have about widi setup executables I obtained whilst trying to setup intel widi similar scenario with several other applications installed on various VHDs I'd like to purge my downloads gt gt setups folder but retain installation-media for important applications just in case So much info is installed during installation ie setup msi stuff as well as appdata of course surely something this simple must be possible somehow somewhere somebody Thinkin aloud nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/42452c57-579a-46d2-8168-61027ad63b15/application-setupexe-at-location-ldownloadssetupsnotbackedupsetupexe-checksum?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everybody I got dell latitude d laptop with dead display and without os supposed to be XP sticker is intact Hunting for affordable good shape lcd panel will take a while so I made unattended cd with nlite and installed XP but external monitor didn't fire up I checked the installation with live CD and it looks like complete install so I got an idea that the install is lacking dell drivers file [SOLVED] extension setup in .exe Inject setup drivers own or with unattended particularly video driver nvidia fx go card Even more it's possibly lacking any video driver 'cause native display was disconnected So I have to somehow inject video driver and force setup to install it Then XP must fire up external monitor and then I can update all the drivers I read about winnt sif and OEM Drivers directory but that all about quot naked quot drivers like sys cat inf but the drivers I got from dell have also dll exe and other files but nvidia driver even has its own setup exe How to make XP setup to install such drivers during unattended setup

A:[SOLVED] Inject drivers with .exe extension or own setup file in unattended setup

Hi I 'am not entirely certain but this might help Customizing Unattended Setup
How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP
Talking Shop: Windows XP unattended installation | TechRepublic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-inject-drivers-with-exe-extension-or-own-setup-file-in-unattended-setup-664703.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys amp Gals I ve been trying to get my Home XP SP desktop talking to my XP SP Laptop using tips gleemed from the threads in this forum My desktop does not require a sign-on My laptop is from work and requires sign-on to the work Domain I have put my Desktop into a workgroup of the same name as the laptop domain I have enabled file amp print sharing and added the laptop into my trusted Norton security zone on the Desktop I have shared folders on both machines I can see the Workgroup from my Laptop but not the desktop within it I can see the Domain from my setup? affect existing on Wizard Setup Solved: Network Running - Desktop but it times out if I try to drill further I cannot see my shared printer connected to the desktop from the laptop I can map from my laptop to desktop shared folder but not vice versa The only thing I haven t tried is to run the Network setup wizard on either the desktop or laptop Here s my question if I run that wizard on my laptop will it destroy my work network settings OR any other ideas what I Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup? should try to get each machine to see each other Thanks Hew nbsp

A:Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-network-setup-wizard-affect-on-existing-setup.450513/
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm trying to install windows xp, after formatting, it goes thru the process of copying the xp files and automatically reboots. Now after rebooting, instead of this installation to continue, it just goes back to the same setup process again i.e right from the beginning again of wanting to format and repeating the same process again. It does not continue with the installation as it normally does. Xp disk is good. no problem with it.
One thing strange I noted is when booting with the XP disk in, it automatically goes thru with the XP setup without asking 'Click any key to boot from CD-Rom'
Any ideas to solve this? Thank you all in advance

A:Solved: Xp Installation: Setup-Formats-Copies files-reboots back to square 'A' Setup

The simple answer is a stuck key, or a faulty key signal. Could you post your system specs to give us a little more to go on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-installation-setup-formats-copies-files-reboots-back-to-square-a-setup.828616/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

I formated my hard drive with Fdisk and ran the 4 disk set of Windows 2K and it goes through set up till last screen and then says Setup is starting Windows 2000 and it freezes there.

Help

Relevancy 35.69%

So I decided to experiment with Raid on my i system to see if it had any impact on video encoding performance using two Gb Green Caviar WD HDD s Specifically I encoded a Mb AVI to DVD Unfortunately it took almost times longer over a single HDD setup Prior to this I installed Vista Ultimate non-Raid mode on different Gb HDD s and a Velociraptor and ran the same test above Keep in mind that the video file and the software were always on the Main Drive and there were no jumpers on any of them Here s A summary WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins Than Worse HDD Performs Raid Setup Setup Single 0 WD VelociRaptor Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Raid WD x Gb Green Caviar mins So is this AAM related causing such dramatic variations When I get home tonight I plan to run a program that s supposed to disable AAM nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

I mistakenly launched XP Setup and want to know how to stop it from progressing further I have another XP installed on another virtual disk Rebooting trying disk Setup remove setup logging on Corrupt XP from to another by – from there allowed me delete the Setup files Or so I thought The main XP installation however continues to try to launch Setup Just about whatever I do it ends in tears My question is how do I stop XP on this disk from thinking it has to launch Setup I don t want to reinstall XP as that will involve a huge amount of work to recreate my environment Corrupt XP Setup – trying to remove setup by logging on from another disk I am able to choose my operating system when I press F If I launch the corrupt system in safe mode or domain controllers everything appears to progress normally until the very end when the XP black desktop appears and just before the icons appear At that point I get the error message Windows XP cannot run under safe mode and I am asked to click OK to consult a log file The screen however is actually frozen at that point so I have to unplug the machine Otherwise if I launch in debugging mode or Last known good configuration m I get a message saying Setup will restart now and then Setup is being restarted while the usual XP installation logos start to appear e g An exciting new look etc Shortly afterwards I get An error that has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing Again the screen freezes so I need to unplug the machine I looked at the difference config and ini files and compared the Windows directories on both disks also looking for hidden files I looked at the log files setuplog txt refers to this command but I can t file neither the file nor the folder nor is the corrupt setting on D d xpsprtm base ntsetup syssetup syssetup c BEGIN SECTION Installing Windows NT setupact log The critical system information file K WINDOWS system winnt inf is corrupt or missing Any ideas very welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Corrupt XP Setup – trying to remove setup by logging on from another disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corrupt-xp-setup-%C2%96-trying-to-remove-setup-by-logging-on-from-another-disk.686638/
Relevancy 35.69%

i can setup my d-link wired router with no probs but after i have done that then i need to do something in the windows control panel under the network connections icon i have no clue what to do there to complete the final step in networking my machines some nfo new machines with ethernet cards one is xp home and the other is xp pro all i want to do is make those machines use the same cable connection i dont want ics or print file sharing i have been told to set up the router then power cycle the devices and magically the machines will begin working but i refuse to fall into that lame trap i do format approx every - months so i will need to know how to do this so i can recover from that activity each machine has a network connection from its previous service - do i delete this - do i create a new one -must i disable delete leave alone original connection icon these are the many questions that i have and i have googled this and can pnl setup the - no router setup to ctrl windows prob...how not find any nfo as to what to do on the windows side after the router is setup help i have been trying to figure this out for approx router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl months and my hardware will be obsolete before i get it so i appeal for help mahalo and aloha nbsp

A:router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl

not sure the issue. but posting the result of the ipconfig /all on both computer may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-setup-no-prob-how-to-setup-the-windows-ctrl-pnl.383611/
Relevancy 35.26%

my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get stuck. Please help

A:my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get

Have you tried launching it in "Safe Mode"? That would be the first thing I would try, and see if it will load past that screen. If it does, then there is probably something installed on the device that is causing the problem and you will need to see about uninstalling it.

If it doesn't move past, and still gets stuck, you may have a hardware problem.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123113/acer-aspire-5740-laptop-stuck-ascer-screen-pressf2-enter-setup-press-shows-entering-setup.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have just finished moving my OS from a 3TB hard drive to an SSD. I now have 2 matching drives that I would like to set up as a RAID array. A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to backup the data that will be on the RAID before setting it up and then move it back once it has been setup?

2. Do I format them before I go into the RAID setup utility or does that utility do it for me?

3. Will the RAID just appear as a single drive letter on my system?

4. Evidently I have the choice between RAID0 (for performance) and RAID1 (for redundancy). I hhave an extensive back up scheme in place so is there any reason not to use RAID0?

I know that I enable the RAID in the BIOS and then there is a place in the boot sequence to get into the RAID setup.

A:RAID Setup - Alienware - A few setup questions?

What are you hoping to get out of a RAID0 setup? If you have User data on the hard drive, such as movies, music, documents, pics, etc....there is no need for RAID0. Hard drives are more than fast enough for that kind of data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298981-raid-setup-alienware-few-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently purchased a refurbished HP 6005 with windows 7 Professional. On the initial boot up I got to the windows setup screen asking for the country/language. It was at this point the power was disrupted and restarted the computer. Every time I tried to run windows the computer would restart. I also tried in safe mode which did not work. I then went into system restore mode to try that but am not able to complete because I get the restore error message 'Error 1'. Unfortunately I only have the product key and not the actual disc since i bought refurbished. Any suggestions on how to complete the setup so I can use my computer?

A:Power was disrupted during setup and now unable to setup.

According to the Troubleshooting Guide, you can restore to factory new state:

Quote:
Press the F11 key at startup to boot into the recovery partition
and run a factory restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/365283-power-disrupted-during-setup-now-unable-setup.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hi.
i am trying to install windows office 2007 but after a minute from start of installation ,it popup dialog box saying setup can not find setup.exe file and say browse valid installation source and click ok.
I don't know whats happening.I have just formated my c drive and installed fresh copy of windows xp.
here is image of error message.
please help me what to do?
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29005582dv8.jpg

A:error:setup can not find setup.exe

You should purchase a legal copy of Office

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-setup-can-not-find-setup-exe.763894/
Relevancy 33.54%

Every time I boot it goes to setup mode then gets a fatal error and restarts after Error Setup Setup Incomplete -- leaving me unable to Incomplete Setup after Setup Error even access files Problems started when I tried to install SP on my Windows system There was a problem that gave me a blank screen with cusor visible at the end of boot up Safe Mode worked OK and from there I used my Windows Pro Upgrade CD to try to reintall the operating system After the restart during setup it asks me to put the Windows Pro CD in the drive but it cannot find i NT cat I originally upgraded from Windows but that installation CD does not satisfy it either This is a fatal error and gives no options except to restart the computer Upon restart it goes back into setup gets the error and restarts -- a deadly loop Safe Mode does the same thing If I cannot repair this I would at least like to get my data files off of it From the Repair Console mode I cannot access My Documents getting an quot Access Denied quot error I would like to avoid removing the drive and making it a slave on another system So my three ascending goals are Save the files in My Documents Get out of Setup mode so I can at least go to Safe Mode and run the system Repair all problems and get back to a working system Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incomplete-setup-after-setup-error.580992/
Relevancy 33.54%

re Setup of WIN I had noticed that when i start my gb win98 setup? & re: setup cdrom HD the one w win and ALL my re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? other s ware on it it will NOT recognized the SCSI CDROM after realizing that NO CDROM has been properly installed I then started my PC with the WIN bootdisk where it loaded the drivers to enable the CDROM to function Now that I have C gb Hdrive D ramdrive and E CDROM that is how my PC is setup now Here is the question when re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? I run WIN setup from the E cdrom it comes to the Windows re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? setup welcome screen IF I click on continue will it overwrite my data on my HD OR will it recognize that data exists there I need to know basically how can I make the CDROM letter stay if I clcik on continue would it posssibly clean up my registry so that it is NOT as cluttered as it is or will that come from a re-install of the software thks once again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-cdrom-setup-win98-setup.175714/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to install Windows XP Pro onto my machine as a dual boot operating system, it will enter the txt portion of the setup but not gui mode after the restart. I've tried to make a new partition on my hard drive, reset my bios, change boot order, everything I can think of to no avail. I've searched the forums and couldn't find any real help.

Any suggestions?

A:Win XP Setup will not enter GUI mode setup

Just got off work, thought I'd include more information. My current main OS is Windows 7, when I hit Enter to go into GUI setup mode, the screen goes to black, no cursor, no blinking underscore, just blank. I remove the cd and when I try to boot into the XP OS I get the hal.dll error or the missing/corrupt file error. So I load into Windows 7 to check the partition out and see that there is no ntldr, no ntdetect, and no boot.ini (assuming this is all installed in the gui portion of the setup)

Still baffled with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-setup-will-not-enter-gui-mode-setup-426558.html
Relevancy 33.54%

ok I am TOTALLY at a loss - almost even for words here - recently I was going to try out Avast and so I installed it decided I didn't like it setup! trying won't setup.exe avast stop to and so uninstalled it Nice amp normall right Oh how wrong I was Ever since then every time I restart my computer I get this dialog box - it's the Avast Setup Program trying to setup again and again and again The weird thing is I don't know where it's getting its avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! info from I deleted the downloaded setup pkgquite some time ago and have checked avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! in the Program Files folder for a shell nothing there The worst part about the situation is avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! now I am constantly also getting errors in almost every other program on my system Runtime errors missing codecs that I KNOW for a fact are there and up to date my taskbar suddenly vanishing ohohoh pleasepleaseplease help me it driving me utterly BATTY No wait I think it's actually FLYING me there Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup!

Generally speaking, all of the anti virus programs have uninstall tools that you have to use to get rid of them completely. So you might want to go to the Avast website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216711/avast-setupexe-wont-stop-trying-to-setup/
Relevancy 33.54%

I was having problems with my Maple Story, so I un-installed and re-downloaded the program. However, when I tried to open the setup wizard, it gave me the error:

Error reading setup initialization file

I looked online for troubleshooting solutions, and I have so far found two options:

-Re-download because the error could be the result of a failed download that wasn't identified when the file was downloaded.

-Find and delete old files that could be stopping the file from being reaad properly.

I need help with the second solution, as in how I search for those files. Also, any other solutions for this problem would be much appreciated.

A:"Error reading setup initialization file" for Maple Story Setup

test reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-setup-initialization-file-for-maple-story-setup.538652/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking display setup a VGA to adapter "Try driver standard with setup"?? your before running up too much space Now I can install it but when I "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? try to run the actual "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? about someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.688711/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop using Windows XP and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking up too much space Now I can install it but when I try to run the actual game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error with to setup"?? adapter your "Try standard running setup before driver a VGA display and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment about "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

You most likely need to get the mobile graphics driver. You can get it at.

http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.689317/
Relevancy 31.82%

WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting" in my acer aspire...........and waited for 1 hour and finally went to partition drivers ........ i pressed next and i am stuck at Copying Windows Files (0%)........and finally after half an hour...it came.................."Windows could not format a partition on disk 0.The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation.Error code:0x80070057"........................What should i do now????????? previously it would run windows 7 ultimate x64 bit..............one day........these was an unexpected shutdown..........and when i tried to start it again........it showed that repair your operating system..............i think my problem is i am now trying to install windows 7 ultimate(x32 bit).......if i am wrong.........help me in any other way please????????????? thankzz in advance.......

A:WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting"

Could you take all the ............
????????????? and out of you post so it can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376544-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.82%

last week, my windows 10 upgraded laptop always gets not responding, then i decided to format my laptop and reinstall windows 7, when i was copying my important files to data d, suddenly it crashed then stucks at the start up loading, then i tried to do the automatic repair and just reset it, then when i waited for 9 or more hours, it was stuck at 95% done, then crashed again, then after that crash, the automatic repair cannot do anything, so i took my bootable usb with windows 7 starter setup, then i tried to install the windows 7 and now it's stuck at "setup is starting" please help, and note that i don't have any access to other pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390964-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys, wonder if anyone could shed some light on my issue please?
I am trying to reinstall XP SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, as it would not boot up correctly and hang. I tried initially to repair the installation from the Disk, but setup would load all the drivers and when it gets to the "Setup is starting windows" everything stops and just hangs.
I have a copy of unbuntu and i could boot to that off the live CD, and could browse the HDD contents. I then used the partition manager thing in unbuntu and made the disk one partition (thinking the partitions were screwed and opted to try to start from scratch!) This however has not cured the problem, and now im out of ideas... other than trying to install unbuntu only to prove the HDD isnt knackered!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance

Gaz

A:Setup Hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

Did you finally get it to load? I am having the same problem..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-windows-263915.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I started an upgrade for xp pro part way through the install I got a message "WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe" no found I pressed enter then got another message "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe" ; setup abort!" now each time I reboot it starts to load xp then gives me the same message then press enter it then reboots.
can any body help?

A:problem with xp pro upgrade "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe"

What were you upgrading? Sounds like you need to do a clean install and possibly your cd or your cd drive is shot or just dirty.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-xp-pro-upgrade-fake-setup-call-himself-instead-original-setup-exe.523986/
Relevancy 30.96%

nbsp I AM TRYING TO SETUP A RAID MIRROR ON MY NEW MACHINE ENVY DESKTOP - SE CTO nbsp I HAVE SETUP SETUP TO HOW RAID 1 WENT INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE FORM AHCI TO RAID nbsp I HAVE ADDED THE SECOND HARD DRIVE BOTH DRIVES ARE SEAGATE TB SATA nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED THE IRST INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE I DOWN LOADED FROM INTEL WEB SITE VERSION WHERE IS THE CREATE RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP A VOLUME CHOICE nbsp nbsp nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED A FRESH WINDOWS PRO X AND LOADED THE RAID DRIVER I CAN ADD A MIRROR OF THE C BUT CAN NOT BOOT FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK LOOKS LIKE NO BOOT UP INFORMATION IS ON THE DISK WHERE ARE THE OTHER TWO BLUE SECTIONS THAT ARE ON DISK AND NOT ON DISK I WAS THINKING THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME WHEN U CREATE A RAID MIRROR nbsp nbsp nbsp WHY ARE THE VOLUME CHOICES BELOW GRAYED OUT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I CAN NOT BOOT UP FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK WHEN I UNPLUG DISK JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF DISK HAD A FAILURE nbsp nbsp CAN ANY BODY HELP ME OUT TO UNDERSTAND THIS nbsp

A:RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP

@Big_Dave? wrote a RAID tutorial on this hardware subject.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/RAID-1-SETUP-HOW-TO-SETUP/td-p/5587859
Relevancy 30.96%

How can I get rid of the annoying, failed xp reinstall, setup option on boot.?

Relevancy 30.96%

Like an idiot, I dropped my laptop the other day. It kept working at first, but crashed a couple of hours later. Now, when I boot-up, I get the following error message:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32/Drivers/Ntfs.sys. You can attempt to repari this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."​
I've inserted the setup CD (in an external CD-Rom drive, since my laptop doesn't have its own drive). But for some reason, setup won't start, and I keep coming back to the above error message. How do I start setup?

I'm running XP Home.

Relevancy 30.53%

Hai, i am trying to install the windows xp on my computer but i came across this problem that i cant install it. I set on CMOS to boot from cdrom and it does that with no problem but when at Windows Setup it freeze at ''Setup is starting Windows''. After few tries i got some other error
'' STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard error
C:\Winnt\System32\Ntdll.dll ''

Any suggestions how could i fix it?

Relevancy 24.94%

How do you determine whether one has a 32-bit or 64-bit setup? I am looking at a XP Media Center OS.

A:32-bit vs. 64-bit setup?

Have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/32-bit-vs-64-bit-setup.714542/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have XP Pro with Service Pack 2. Tried to set up fax option. Asked to insert floppy. I only have XP CD. Would not accept as only allows Floppy. How can I get round this. HELP please.

A:XP Fax setup

Hello kotchki, Welcome to TSF sorry for the delay in answering.
This is perhaps what you may need to do http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...october21.mspx.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-fax-setup-201392.html
Relevancy 24.94%
Q: Setup

I have got a new Sony VAIO E series. I started the setup and it had reached a position where it was Recovering all the files. As it was taking long, I folded the screen to wipe out some dust. When I opened it back, the Windows 7 Logon Screen was displayed (http://*******/jho65E(this is not the exact picture)) and there was no sign of the Recovering Window. I tried to open the User Acount and it said that the setup is not finished. So i Restarted the Laptop, everything was fine till the Logon Screen when a message came up that the Setup was Not Installed Properly so Restart the Computer. I did that and again the same message came up, I did that for 2-3 times more and got the same Results. Please Help Me.

A:Setup

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You haven't given us your system specs or said whether you were trying to set it up for the first time, but as it's a new computer I'd be inclined to to return it for a repair, recovery or replacement.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/164824-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi guys,

This probably mite sound simple but for me this is my first time. I need to set up and FTP in order to recieve a large file for work.

I use FTP's all the time to download but have never had to set one up to have people upload to me.

Can someone give me the steps to set up a working FTP transfer.

Here's some info. I have my drive partitioned and want to limit the upload to one of my partitions and limit it to a certain folder on that partition. Preferably I would like to set up a username and password. I don't want any other limitiations. None on speeds or whatever.

I don't mind what program to use, basically at work they will use whatever I tell them we need so I can get that. I just need something reliable and secure. In the past I've used mainly CuteFTP.

Thnx for your help ya'll!

A:FTP setup

GuildFTPd is a free FTP server that you can setup on your system pretty easily. If you have a broadband router, you'll have to forward port 21 for TCP to allow the router to pass the incoming FTP requests.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ftp-setup-10370.html
Relevancy 24.94%

hi guys, looking for some advice i have built a pc with intel 40gb ssd system drive and two 2tb hard drives in raid 1 mainly for storing all my music on i have double checked the raid setup in the bios and in disc management and all seems ok, the problem i have is that any cd i rip or any program i install it goes to the intel ssd drive and the raid drives are empty would be grateful if someone can explain what i have done wrong, thanks

A:new pc setup

Hi and welcome to SevenForums!
When you rip your CDs, you must setup your ripping program to store tracks on the raid disk.
When you install programs, you have to make custom installation and select raid disk as target.

Hope this helps
CyberZeus

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/116783-new-pc-setup.html
Relevancy 24.94%

Hey me and a friend are making up a computer for Gaming.

We have quite abit to spend, maybe just over a grand pushing it this is what we have so far.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-026-AK&tool=3

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-119-CS&tool=3

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...16 250GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (WD2500AAKS)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showp...LGA775 'Wolfdale' 3.00GHz (1333FSB) - Retail
We need help picking a Motherboard and Graphics card. Woudnt mind going into SLI tho 2 graphics cards.
Any help?

Cheers

BTW also a case to be picked aswell thanks.

Relevancy 24.94%

you know when you download some thing
like say a patch for a game it will be .exe
well with some of them you can unpack it with winrar but some you cant
is there any program that will unpack them becasue i need to do some thing with a setup exe

A:setup exe

It depends entirely on how the setup.exe file was created. Some, like you said, can be opened by Winrar. This is because the setup.exe file is actually a self-extracting archive which extracts the real setup.exe and then runs it. Most setup.exe files, however, either don't do this or they use a proprietary format, or they may use the WISE installer framework included with Windows (or another framework altogether.)

Thus, there is no single "universal" unpacker for setup.exe files as there is no "universal" format for creating them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/203365/setup-exe/
Relevancy 24.94%

Does anyone know of an alternate site for downloading X-Teq's X-Setup?

I understand they have released a new version, but their site (www.xteq.com) is down... apparently permanently. Until they find a new host, I was wondering if the program is available anywhere else.

A:Looking fo X-Setup

This it
http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=127

Xteq X-Setup is a so-called hacker or tweaker program. It allows you to change settings that are normally hidden deeply in some configuration-files like the registry fast and easily.
Author:
Xteq Systems

Date:
06/10/2002

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-fo-x-setup.83662/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have satellite DSL (yuk) coming straight into a switch. Two PC's are fed from this switch. HUGHES network schematics all show the satellite feed into a PC and then to a hub which feeds other nodes.

Is my setup bad? Will their proposed set up provide faster transfer rates?

Is a hub better than a switch?

Thanks.

A:Lan Setup

It will make no difference to your Internet speed, and I'd pick the switch if it were my network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-setup.515250/
Relevancy 24.94%

Do I have to use the fax/printer/scanner/copier in the room with the router or is it possible to set it up with the computer that just has the network adapter? I don't want the fax machine in the other room but I don't want all the phone cords in this room, hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks
Shari

Relevancy 24.94%
Q: X-setup

Does anyone know where i can get X-setup version 6.6 for free? it has to be clean
Thanks

A:X-setup

http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/LFWV/X-Setup.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/78717/x-setup/
Relevancy 24.94%

I am trying to install a program called Dentrix G4 Learning edition for a client. When I try and open the setup.exe file on the disk it begins to load but does nothing. When I open the task manager I can see the process running and it is taking 50% of the CPU. I have taken the following steps:

-I disabled the UAC and the DEP.
-I tried to run a system scan by going to the elevated command prompt and running "sfc /scannow" It got to 70% and gave me an error message of "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."
-I started the msconfig utility and disabled all start up items with hope a conflicting program was holding up the installation.

The operating system is Vista 32 bit.

A:setup.exe does nothing

Hi -

Boot into SAFEMODE and run SFC from an elevated admin cmd/DOS prompt.

See if it stops at 70% there.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/setup-exe-does-nothing-493095.html
Relevancy 24.94%

im trying to reinstall windows xp on my pc but as it wont come on i have to reinstall it during startup where it says 'press any key to boot cd' but it dosent say it, it just goes past the startup screen and hangs (like i said it wont come on) and even changing first boot device to cd rom wont work, im getting frustrated and dont know what do do, help!!

Relevancy 24.94%

I have tried several different versions of XP (home, pro, media center, etc...) and nothing seems to work. I am doing a clean install on a brand new hard drive. I get the partition set up, then it copies all the files, performs the reboot, and takes me right back to the format the partition or create a new one never once proceeding with the set up. Why is this happening? I could see if it were just one install disc for one specific version of XP but not several. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 24.94%

I'm trying to install some software from a CD, but when I put it in the computer the autorun doesnt seem to be working. I tried looking at what was on the CD and there are autorun and setup.exe files, but when i click on them my computer doesnt do anything... ...do u know how i can get it to run the installation? Thanx for any help! (btw my os is XP)

Relevancy 24.94%

Firstly i would like to say Hello :)

I have a dell laptop running windows xp sp2 my problem is when you click setup.exe files you get a brief hourglass then nothing it also does it to the program Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware but does not seem to do it to nothing else. I have run a virus check with nod 32 this reports no probelms any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-exe-345603.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I need to Customize nearly everything on my account. I'd like to use
My own firewall
my own clock type (24h prefeered)
file associations

Has anyone else ever attempted anything of this scale?

A:Odd Setup

No but couodn't you just install the applications then set the access and defaults from the icon in add/remove programs...Only a guess as I haven't tried any of that myself..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-setup.184501/
Relevancy 24.94%

My computer won't stop booting in safe mode and I can't change it. I have no idea where to start. Please help!!

Relevancy 24.94%

Hi,

I'm new here! Wondering how can I setup a FTP on my XP Pro? Any help will be helpful....:

A:How to setup FTP on XP Pro SP2

That's a broad question, artkhor. What, specifically, are you trying to do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-setup-ftp-on-xp-pro-sp2-250419.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I recently decided to reinstall windows XP on my computer as it was running a bit funny.

During the re installation, there were errors, it cocked up and led me to restart the computer.

Now everytime I boot it up, it loads past the Windows XP loading screen and I get a blue screen saying "Setup is being restarted..........", i've left this on for hours and hours and nothing comes of it so I don't know what to do, i'm going insane.

Pleeeeeease help me out here.

Below is an image of the said message:

A:Setup help.

Do you have Restore Discs or are you restoring the computer from your hard disk?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-help-258881.html
Relevancy 24.94%

I have set up my printer/fax according to instructions. I can recieve faxes but everytime I dial out to fax I cannot get any connection. Any tips or help ? Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-fax-setup.336503/
Relevancy 24.94%

I just received a Dell 4700C computer that had some problems. When I try to press the F1 key to run setup, my keyboard does not respond. This computer only has usb ports (no PS/2) What can i do to get into the setup? Also, does not boot from the dvd rom drive.
The hard drive is a sata drive so, I cannot put it into another computer to problem solve.

A:can't run setup

On Dells, you press F2 for setup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-run-setup.673715/