Windows Support Forum

Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

Q: Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

I have just recently purchased my first graphics card in attempt to upgrade my computer into a gaming computer and I have been running into a few problems here and there. My graphics card which is an AMD Radeon HD 6350 512MB With Low Profile Bracket And DMS-59 Port (http://ecx.imagesamazon.com/images/I/51XfYIEq1OL._SY355_.jpg) . My computer is just not detecting it whatsoever.
please help D;

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

Please provide specifications for computer? Provide information on Make and Model of computer, or please provide list of parts (including the make and model of each main part) Can not give any help without knowing what we are working with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-et1161-07-graphic-card-not-detected.211122/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello: I have changed out everything in an emachines ET1161-05 built in 2007 I believe. So its all new again. However I had purchased from a pawn shop this machine fitted with a soundblaster live in its modem slot. And the darn thing was playing in stereo. The motherboard finally bought the farm, and I replaced it with a new motherboard that only gets sound out of the rear green plug in. This is suppose to be normal I was advised by a local computer shop and that the motherboard can only play mono unless a rather inexpensive usb sound splitter is attached what has two plugins for two separate sound channels. Does anybody know if that motherboard was suppose to play stereo and I was shipped a defectve replacement. Or was the half fried motherboard shorting out and sending power thru the modem slot and somehow reaching the sound card? The motherboards are both Ht2000, product of China.

A:stereo sound on HT2000 motherboard as standard equipment on emachines ET1161-05

The green plug is stereo, Did you try the sound card in the new board?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stereo-sound-on-ht2000-motherboard-as-standard-equipment-on-emachines-et1161-05-a-998162.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Alright so i decided i wanted a graphic card Graphic Detected Card Not New upgrade from the New Graphic Card Not Detected le on board one So i bought an New Graphic Card Not Detected XFX Ati Radeon HD I tried installing my new card the usual way First i disabled the on board one since i cant uninstall and remove it Second i put the new card in the PCI-E slot and attatched the -pin power cable Thirdly i plugged my monitor into the new card I booted up my computer and recieved no signal So i plugged it into on board display which still worked With it plugged in directly to the computer i got x resolution so i tried downloading and installing new drivers for my card That didnt work so i used CPUID CPU-Z to see if it recognizes my card but it shows nothing is there New Graphic Card Not Detected i went into dxdiag and under the display tab it shows i nothing i tried the xfx drivers cd but it gives me the quot could nt detect an xfx product quot Is my card faulty or is it my computer COMPUTER SPECS http h www hp com ewfrf wc d roduct ALSO i have a bfg tech watt PSU http www bfgtech com bfgr wgspsu aspx nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphic-card-not-detected.916519/
Relevancy 70.95%

i install nhancer and when i first run it it says (the nvapi reported no attached nvidia display in the system)

A:graphic card not detected?

and here is my system information

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/41703-graphic-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys , whats sup ?
ok i dont really understand on computers , at all
i have 2 graphic cards , one who came with my computer
and my Nvidia graphic card ( 9500GT i think )
sometimes my computer detect it , but sometimes dosent
what can i do about it ?

A:Nvidia graphic card not detected

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Please fill in your System Specs .. The Link below will help you achieve this ...

System Info - See Your System Specs

Do you have any errors in the Device Manager ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/340592-nvidia-graphic-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello there,I have a dell 1558 laptop 1 year now, some days ago i accidentaly understood that my graphic card is not detected anymore by my system, i searched it and it appears error code 45 which means that my card is not in the right place. My graphic card is nvidia 920M 4GB.Here is 2 pics from speccy and device manager.speccydevice managerI tried to check for updates on my graphic card but everytime i try to install it tells me that i dont have compatible component or something like that..I have also run dell diagnostics on the gpu but it only check the default intel hf graphics 5500 , it doesnt recognise nvidia. thanks in advance.

A:Main Graphic Card not detected

If this is a Studio 1558, it has either Intel or ATI/AMD video - not both.
If it's a different model, please verify the exact model number of the system - it's not the one you've indicated.
If it's a 7558, it has either Intel-only or Intel-nVidia hybrid graphics - the latter was an option on some models -- it was not standard on all of them.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19683005
Relevancy 70.09%

My problem is my graphic card being undetected instantly I ve been playing a lot of games without having any trouble with my graphic card Last thing I remember is I was playing Deus Ex Human Revolution and i did finish it Some days after that while attempting to boot my pc it struggled the first times my CPU lights have gone Graphic detected ..!! not instantly card My is in seconds then it boots successfully My Graphic card is not detected instantly ..!! in the third time My Monitor was turned on but no display First I think the problem might be in the VGA cable but it is not coz when i unplugged it and plug it in the default pin in the CPU the monitor shows display So definitely the problem is with the graphic card I dust cleaned it and insert it again no breakthrough but the fan in the card is rotating I figured that there is a mild problem in my SMPS I ve red in an article that problems in the SMPS will affect the power supply to the video card So the real problem is the SMPS or the Graphic card Pls assist me through this Here's a complete Spec of my pc Dell Inspiron nothing s changed GB RAM GB Hard disk nvidia GS MB video card

A:My Graphic card is not detected instantly ..!!

Pls help me out guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/197002-my-graphic-card-not-detected-instantly.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I quited my XP bit after long fights with errors and programs what did not supported bit versions I installed bit version of Vista After installion i tried to put on my card not graphic detected Nvidia graphic card drivers from the disc When disc started there was below of nvidia menu text Graphic card not detected When i tried to install drivers from disk it sayd that drivers don t match for my current hardware Nvidia graphic card not detected I downloaded the new drivers from nvidia page started installation and after it finished it sayd quot Sytem has not been modificated quot Okey it shows on device manager that new drivers has installed there was standart VGA but now there is Nvidia GTX drivers But the problem is i want to get VSYNC off and i don t have nvidia control panel Ive tried using drivercleaner nothing works My friend told me that aTuner is a great program to use to get off vertical sync So i downloaded it but when i try to change it from quot default off quot to quot vsync off quot it is about seconds on quot vsync off quot and then switchback to quot default off quot Maybe someone could give me some advice about atuner or my windows prob Ooh and by the way everything worked in XP Graphic card Nvidia GTX Proccessor intel e nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-graphic-card-not-detected.836000/
Relevancy 70.09%

As the title above, my gpu is not detected in device manager, and i can't found it in bios either.
Laptop spec : Asus A55V, nVidia geforce 610m, i3 2.40Ghz

Tried:
-uninstalling & installing the driver
-uninstalling & installing in safe mode
-clean install windows

Screenshot is included, any help from expert would be appreciated.

A:My Nvidia graphic card is not detected

Check if your power plan is on Power Saver by going to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Power Options>Then click on the arrow on the right side of the ''Show Additional Plans''. When it is enabled, choose either Balanced or High Performance Mode(Warning: Battery Life may become shorter on this plan.).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/337325-my-nvidia-graphic-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a xtasy Radeon Graphics Accelerator mhz vpu core ddr memory -bit memory intereface memory clock mhz mhz ddr dual mhz dacs System Requirements is P III etc with compatible Agp x v x or universal Agp bus configuration x x windows x etc memory watt power supply My mainboard is a P Mainboard Model p s mg gl with a not detected Agp by graphic system card x x Agp slot for -compliant interface P windows xp ddr memory with watts of power I went through all the steps of disabling the onboard vga making sure the card was snug into place loaded the drivers went into the bios and switch the primary graphics Agp graphic card not detected by system adapter from pci to agp Agp graphic card not detected by system and nothing What am I missing Do I have a bum card or worst mainboard Should I be looking to switch some jumpers or what Or is the card not compatible I am not seeing it The system will not detect this card what is going on nbsp

A:Agp graphic card not detected by system

I think you need to update the BIOS for it to take the 9600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/agp-graphic-card-not-detected-by-system.21479/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello guys I'm new here in Sevenforums,
I have a problem about my computer's graphic card or video card or whatever it was i don't know exactly.First the video card is working well then I moved my computer on the second floor.Then sh*t happens my video card is not working anymore.I don't know if broken or not sometimes when I boot my computer up the blue one on the left side is not working then i moved it back to the graphic card then it worked ! Then I reboot my PC again and the graphic card is not working anymore.Now I can only play in low graphic.By the way sorry for my bad english....

Graphic card or Video card : Nvidia GeForce 8400 GS

A:Graphic Card not detected or not working

You need another pc you can install it in to test.

But you can remove it, then reinstall it to make sure it is seated in the slot correctly, it just may have come loss.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/311560-graphic-card-not-detected-not-working.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi.
I am using an acer computer.. Dont really know the specs, I am not really good with computers.
Anyways, I recently reformatted my computer, and Mostly everything is un-recognizable. Including my graphics/video card. My scrolling and Dragging is really slow, I have read alot of forum threads about the same problem, and it just doesnt work for me..

Can anyone help me?
By the way, Before the reformatting, the computer Worked just fine.
Please Reply.
- Thanks

A:Video/Graphic Card Not Detected. Help Please!

Re-install Motherboard drivers

usually on a cd when you get your computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-graphic-card-not-detected-help-please.103511/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I've been card graphic dust after not detected cleaning trying to figure this out for the past day searching for any answers but I've usually found people having this problem on laptops I have a desktop computer from Packard Bell it has been working fine up until yesterday graphic card not detected after dust cleaning morning when I decided to clean it of dust to prepare it for the warm months to come to be able to clean it easier I removed the graphic card along with the hard drives and ram but after I put everything back and started up the computer windows no longer detected my card but instead says quot Standard VGA Graphics adapter quot now i'm not sure if my monitor was detected differently before but now it says Generic non-PnP Monitor and the max resolution being x as opposed to x before The card is obviously working as I have no integrated graphics and my monitor is connected to the card and I'm typing this from the same computer but when I try to reinstall the drivers it says it cannot find compatible graphics hardware I made sure I downloaded the right ones Other things that I have tried -in BIOS even though there was only choice between auto or PCIE for Primary Display Adapter I set it to PCIE -Checked if perhaps card wasn't properly inserted but everything seems fine -Left computer completely unplugged from power source over night no changes -have not tried installing drivers in safe mode am going to try after this is posted I am including a screenshot of HWinfo which seems to be the only program that detects my graphic card correctly other one I tried was Everest dxdiag also detects it as VGA Please tell me if I missed any important info that might help solve this problem in worst case scenario I'll have to send comp in for repairs but since it was bought in Germany it would take up to months as a relative of mine works up there and comes back monthly and he is currently up there for the next month till he comes back also my final attempt before sending it for repairs would be reinstalling windows if that would even help Any help at all would be greatly appreciated EDIT Safe mode didn't help much same issues when trying to install drivers but i noticed the monitor shows up as Default Monitor and the graphic driver is VGA save which seemed to have some conflicts under resources tab Input Output Range B - BB used by Intel R processor PCI Express Root Port - D Input Output Range C - DF used by Intel R processor PCI Express Root Port - D Memory Range A - BFFFF used by Intel R processor PCI Express Root Port - D That is all the differences I could find

A:graphic card not detected after dust cleaning

Take it out again and have a good look at the PCIe slot to make sure there isn't any dust or other crud in it. Then have a look at the cards edge connector and if its clean put it back in again and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/151306-graphic-card-not-detected-after-dust-cleaning.html
Relevancy 69.23%

hey,
im using acer aspire 5740 laptop
when i reformat my pc (windows 7 32 bit)
there are no graphic card detected in device manager and also i check my sreen resolution - advanced setting they say
total graphic memory :- 131008
dedicated memory :- n/a
and so on..
i have a ati radeon hd 5650 graphhic card plz help me guys..!

Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone i wanted to present you my problem as i am really desperate right now I tried about everything thats written on the internet and i refuse to belive that my Nvidia graphic card has stopped working for no reason So lets start the story telling shall we I woke up the other day and had a great morning till i found out that i cant start any games Firstly the card was shown as a hidden device which was also not usual as we all know After i card X870-141 Qosmio detected. is not Graphic Nvidia restarted the laptop it disappeared from the device maneger The next few days the card kept appearing and disappearing everymorning not only as a hidden device but Qosmio X870-141 Nvidia Graphic card is not detected. also as it should be full functional well it appeard to be like that but it was really Qosmio X870-141 Nvidia Graphic card is not detected. not functional at all as i got bluescreens all over the place when i wanted to start a game or even leave the laptop unattended for min So i started to search for an answer in the Qosmio X870-141 Nvidia Graphic card is not detected. world wide web which led me to be even more desperate I tried to uninstall drivers and install them again but Nvidia couldnt detect Nvidia hardware which was expected although this was the solution for many others with this problem I will keep it short and not list everything i tried because i really did everything thats written on the internet I then decided to reset my laptop to factory settings but the only thing that came as a result was that my messy desktop got cleaned up Here i am now begging for an answer Qosmio X - Intelcore i Nvidia GTX M Intel R HD Graphics Windows orginal Windows

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92619-Qosmio-X870-141-Nvidia-Graphic-card-is-not-detected
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi, I have a problem with my HP Notebook - 15-ac129nia (ENERGY STAR).I recently install Windows 7 (64-bit) previously windows 10 (64-bit) pre-install.I have install all drivers for the win 7 on the HP Official site and all was install perfectly.After update by windows some adapters were install and i lost the two swicthable Intel and AMD graphic card.I really don't know what to do.I can't play any games and all that i do resume to be not the solution.My graphics are Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 & AMD Radeon R5 M330. Hope to hear from someone soon.Thank you. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-Card-not-detected-HP-Notebook-15-ac129nia-ENERGY/td-p/5703161
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey everyone i wanted to present you my problem as i am really desperate right now I tried about everything thats written on the internet and i refuse to belive that my Nvidia graphic card has stopped working for no reason So lets start the story telling shall we I X870-141 Nvidia Graphic not Qosmio card detected. is woke up the other day and had a great morning till i found out that i cant start any games Firstly the card was shown as a hidden device which was also not usual as we all know After i restarted the laptop it disappeared from the device maneger The next few days the card kept appearing and disappearing everymorning not only as a hidden device but also as it should Qosmio X870-141 Nvidia Graphic card is not detected. be full functional well it appeard to be like that but it was really not functional at all as i got bluescreens all over the place when i wanted Qosmio X870-141 Nvidia Graphic card is not detected. to start a game or even leave the laptop unattended for min So i started to search Qosmio X870-141 Nvidia Graphic card is not detected. for an answer in the world wide web which led me to be even more desperate I tried to uninstall drivers and install them again but Nvidia couldnt detect Nvidia hardware which was expected although this was the solution for many others with this problem I will keep it short and not list everything i tried because i really did everything thats written on the internet I then decided to reset my laptop to factory settings but the only thing that came as a result was that my messy desktop got cleaned up Here i am now begging for an answer Attachment Attachment Qosmio X - Intelcore i Nvidia GTX M Intel R HD Graphics Windows orginal Windows Thank you for even taking the time to read this

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92620-Qosmio-X870-141-Nvidia-Graphic-card-is-not-detected
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello, I hope you can help me, because this issue is bothering me. I have a Sony Vaio Laptop VGN FZ38M, Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. I had Windows Vista Home Premium and I decided to format my laptop and use W7 instead. My graphic card is nVidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU. I visited the official NVIDIA site and downloaded the drivers, but they can't be installed; hardware (aka card) not detected. What can I do? I can't even use screensavers and play video games without my graphic card -_- The laptop recognizes a Generic Adapter. If you need more information let me know.
Thanks!

A:Graphic Card not detected after format; drivers can't be installed

Try this one Sony : VGN-FZ38M updates | Download updates for VGN-FZ38M
Save it to your desktop, and run it in compatibility mode for Windows Vista.
Right Click>Click on compatibility tab>Check the Run in compatibility mode for: box>select Windows Vista>Click Apply>Click Ok>Run installer>Reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/237149-graphic-card-not-detected-after-format-drivers-cant-installed.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I would consider myself to have a basic knowledge of the workings of graphic upgrading needed! EL1352 advice eMachines a PC but I m no Einstein I bought an eMachines EL yesterday and knew eMachines EL1352 graphic upgrading advice needed! that the graphics card was dire and have today gone and purchased an ATI RADEON HD card I purchased the card based on it s price and its low profile capability as my PC is a SFF I need some advice on how to install the card as an LP card as the current set eMachines EL1352 graphic upgrading advice needed! up of the card s connectors means it wouldn t fit How do I convert the card into a low profile card with the plates provided Also at the back of the machine where the ports would sit when installed there are metal plates covering the slots Do I extract these plates they need quite a bit of force to take them off - I haven t done so yet as I want to be sure I know what Im doing If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it - I ve upgraded bits before RAM HDD DVD drive etc but have never changed a graphics card - and I have never encountered these new fangled SFF PCs before Thanks in advance for any help you can offer me - or any websites that may hit the nail on the head Ta nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

First of all I don't know too much about computers so use easy language please I have sent in my computer to get repaired and got it isn't my Graphic graphic finds found. Help! card Only integrated card. back yestersay Since then i've been trying to get it to work properly again I can't play any of the games I used to play before I sent it in to get repaired for example Battlefield I can start dota but it looks pretty messed up I can run minecraft though Anyway after a lot of questions asked trying out different stuff and after getting further and further to the end of this problem I've come to this My computer shows me that I have an Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help! nvidia geforce nforce a graphic card Although it says in the computer description that it SHOULD have a AMD HD GB GDDR My screen isn't plugged in the graphic card since it doesn't recieve anything from there It is plugged directly to the motherboard So from what I understand the nvidia card is the integrated graphic card or am I totally wrong Anyway the device manager can only find the nvidia card and I cannot run any game smoothly on this computer Before I realized this possibility I've tried to download newer drivers for the nvidia card but it didn't help Please help me to get my ADM HD GB GDDR to run I'm trying to google for solutions but I'll give this site a shot Thanks

A:Graphic card isn't found. Only finds my integrated graphic card. Help!

first check they havent stolen you GPU
then check that the 4/8pin pci power supply is plugged into the top left of the motherboard.
then check the gpu has power cable(s) plugged in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/202459-graphic-card-isnt-found-only-finds-my-integrated-graphic-card-help.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, i'm running window 7 32-bit OS.
My graphic card is (ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics)
My problem is that after i went to www.amd.com, downloaded,uninstall the old catalyst and installed a new catalyst which matches my OS and yet i got this message whenever i tried to run that catalyst.
"No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly.
Please install the AMD driver appropriate for you AMD hardware"
can anyone help me solve this problem?

I've downloaded the catalyst alot of times and kept install and uninstall but i'm still having the same problem.
I really appreciate any suggestions..

A:graphic driver can't detect graphic card

Try downloading the driver from HP; select your model from this list Compaq Presario CQ40-100 Notebook PC series*-* Download drivers and software - specify product name - HP Business Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/230254-graphic-driver-cant-detect-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I start having hardware problems with my graphic card (NVidia GT 750) and I am looking for a replacement.  We don't need a gaming card, but we are doing high end graphic design with Photoshop CC 2015, Illustrator, InDesign and so on...Thanks for your help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Graphic-card-replacement-for-graphic-design/td-p/5649549
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello! I'm new around here but this seems like a site with a lot of computer savvy fellas. I'd appreciate any help regarding a very annoying problem I'm currently having.

I've done a lot of googling / research on this subject. I dont know if I'm looking at the wrong places or not, but it seems like this is a common issue with eMachines and installing new video cards.

These are the specs

emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ET1161-07

I upgraded the Power Supply to 650 W, so I know that's not the issue.

I've tried uninstalling drivers, messed with settings in BIOS (which doesnt have an option to disable onboard cards), disabled onboard card via device manager. And all of these methods have failed me. I've been doing this the whole day and I literally have no idea what to google / do next.

I'd appreciate any help guys ((

A:Trouble installing a Nvidia 9600GT on an eMachine et1161-07

Whats wrong? Symptoms?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-installing-a-nvidia-9600gt-on-an-emachine-et1161-07.148144/
Relevancy 52.03%

My son uses an eMachines T desktop PC Of Card eMachines Video course it s a budget PC at best I believe the power supply is watts It s currently using the onboard intel graphics eMachines Video Card We were hoping to set up dual monitors for a new job he can do from home There is a PCI-E x expansion slot I can use for a video card I have a couple of issues I thought you guys might have some insight on Are there Dual monitor capable video cards that this PC can power adequately If they exist are they very expensive I assume the card just needs to have different outputs that are compatible with the monitors digital eMachines Video Card and analogue I also assume that two monitors fed from one PC can only display only one image as opposed to two different images since there s only one video source At my sons place of work they re actually using a USB to monitor adapter to send a video signal to the second monitor I saw one for I guess that s just a shortcut for not installing the appropriate video card Sorry for all the questions but I obviously know nothing about setting up dual monitors properly I don t want to buy a video card if it s not going to work out Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

before i gutted it out and put all new stuff in, my computer was once an eMachines C6415. it has a built in card reader that 7 identifies, but just as a generic card reader. there are windows xp drivers for it that will give them certain icons and specify what kind of slot they are, but i can't find any for 7. they work and all, but i want them to show up in my computer with all the correct information (instead of the generic icon that just says "removable drive"). i can't find any 7 drivers for it. any help?

A:drivers for eMachines card reader

Quote: Originally Posted by Mirrorboy

before i gutted it out and put all new stuff in, my computer was once an eMachines C6415. it has a built in card reader that 7 identifies, but just as a generic card reader. there are windows xp drivers for it that will give them certain icons and specify what kind of slot they are, but i can't find any for 7. they work and all, but i want them to show up in my computer with all the correct information (instead of the generic icon that just says "removable drive"). i can't find any 7 drivers for it. any help?

. . . . Please tell me where to get the drivers, I need since i gutted out my old emachines and took the sd card/usb/floppy thing and put it in my current tower (xp)

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/34788-drivers-emachines-card-reader.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All,

Relatively new to this site so bare with me!

I have an old eMachines 770 with a TriGem IM845G mobo running a 2.4ghz proceessor. I was wanting to upgrade the RAM and graphics and just use this as a very basic multemedia centre that i will keep plugged into the tv in the living room.

In general how do you know/find out what the maximum graphics card and RAM spec that the mobo can take?

Thanks in advance.

A:Upgrade eMachines 770 Graphics Card & RAM

This post on the emachine upgraders forum might be useful:

http://s8.zetaboards.com/emachineupgraders/topic/41857/1/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-emachines-770-graphics-card-ram.1075494/
Relevancy 51.6%

First off am I doing the right thing by changing from the onboard graphics (intel extreme graphics AGP) to an ATI Raedon 256 MB DDR PCI Card? I am assuming that by putting 256 MB card in a PCI slot it will increase the overall performance of not only the graphics but the entire computer as well. That being said how do I shut down the current graphics card and drivers? Do I even need to? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx, xroads

A:Help with new graphics card for emachines T2682

You are doing the right thing by using a graphics card over the built-in controller on the motherboard. You should notice an overall speed up of your computer (though it may not be that much). I'm assuming that the card you got came with instructions, if not, here is a general way to install a graphics card.

1. Install the drivers for the card (without the card in the computer yet)
2. Turn off computer and install card
3. Plug monitor into card and turn on the computer
4. If you can see and use Windows, it worked! If not, plug your monitor into the orignal card, go to Display Properties, then Settings, open the pull-down menu and select your new card. Hit Apply. The screen should go black. You now have about ten seconds to plug the monitor into the new card and hit okay in the confirmation box. If you don't do this, the computer will switch back to the old graphics card.

You can safely disable the Intel card once you've made sure your new card is working.

Hope this helps! :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-graphics-card-for-emachines-t2682.29245/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,
Im trying to find a soundcard driver for my bro's pc

Does anybody know where to find a sound card for a Emachines E4036 please?

THANKS
STUART

A:EMachines E4036 Sound Card Drivers

Probably a Realtek AC97, so try the driver from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#AC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-e4036-sound-card-drivers.565343/
Relevancy 51.17%

My onboard video is not up to snuff - it may or may not be the IGP video on the motherboard, but I would like to put a VIdeo card in and see how things look with a new video card to replace the onboard video.

Can anyone tell me what video card would be good (doesn't have to be high end), and also, what wattage power supply should I get and is there a vendor who has both? Perhaps on ebay, a recommended eMachines upgrade or something?

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for stuff on ebay. I guess it might be hard to find a PCI video card for such an old machine.

I realize that I will have to go into the Control Panel under Devices and disable the onboard chip before rebooting with the new card installed.

I guess I could use a PCI Express Graphics card or something like that?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129951-emachines-t6412-need-new-video-card-replace-igp.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an Emachines t5226 desktop pc with photo card reader on the front which hasn't worked since I installed an external usb hard drive. I must have accidentally uninstalled it or something. The computer now thinks the card readers are generic usb readers which show up in the device manager as disk drives. when I insert a SD card the computer want to format the disk... that's not right. Any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/emachines-photo-card-reader-issues-351052.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an emachines T6216 which has built in nvidia geforce 6100. I would like to install nvidia geforce gt 610 card which has onboard memory. How do I disable the built in graphics? The settings in BIOS do not appear to disable built in no matter how I configure. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. This is a dual boot system with Windows XP and Ubuntu 12.04.

A:emachines T6216 - adding a video card

inserting a card generally disables the onboard

your psu will need to be up here to run the card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151093

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

boot from the onboard
in the device manager disable the onboard
if the card is listed uninstall it
turn the computer off
install the card
change the video cable from the onboard to the card
reboot into the bios
check to see if you can disable the onboard in there and set it to detect agp or pcie first
save and exit the bios tapping f8 and choose vga mode
when windows finishes booting
disable a/virus
install your drivers for the card
reboot the computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/emachines-t6216-adding-a-video-card.1095898/
Relevancy 51.17%

I am new to pc building and upgrading and have hit a snafu I have a emachines T The only thing in it that is original is the motherboard cpu and the cd drives i wanted to upgrade from my onboard video to something better to get the load of my mobo I am trying to install a saphire ATI Raedon HD Notthing to powerful because i am not a super gamer When i install the card it makes my computer slower than a old man getting out of a bath tub it takes almost a half an hour for my pc to fully load I have gb of ram and prior to upgrading the card emachines T6520 Problems with card video in new installed a w psu I Problems with new video card in emachines T6520 disabled the onboard graphics and configed the BIOS how emachine support told me to still the pc is so slow it is useless when i have the card in with the monitor pluged in to it my resolutions is very low so i know it is not taking it i installed the ATI drivers prior slotting the card my mother board is a MS- RS P K IXP Please help got my new video card in a box on a shelf doing nothing nbsp

A:Problems with new video card in emachines T6520

Usually it's a sign of the drivers not installed, but you said that you did this already.

I haven't checked if that card suits your computer, ie multiplier (8X ?)
Other than that DOA Video card

No they both are 16X PCI-E, actually the video card should automatically select

So I say faulty card (or PCI-E slot) or mounting (you need to press hard (but not too hard!)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-new-video-card-in-emachines-t6520.99346/
Relevancy 51.17%

Yes I know... This computer is pretty old, but it still works well. I'm willing to invest in this because this is my gaming computer. I've already upgraded my RAM from 256MB to 2GB (which is the max for this, sadly). Are there any video cards that are compatible for my computer? If there is, please let me know. Thank you

Current video card:
FAMILY (EMACHINES T3512)
Video Adapter ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 Series
Video Processor 41 00 54 00 49 00 20 00 52 00 41 00 44 00 45 00 4F 00 4E 00 20 00 58 00 50 00 52 00 45 00 53 00 53 00 20 00 32 00 30 00 30 00 20 00 53 00 65 00 72 00 69 00 65 00 73 00 20 00 28 00 30 00 78 00 35 00 41 00 36 00 31 00 29 00 00 00
Adapter DAC Type 49 00 6E 00 74 00 65 00 72 00 6E 00 61 00 6C 00 20 00 44 00 41 00 43 00 28 00 34 00 30 00 30 00 4D 00 48 00 7A 00 29 00 00 00
PCI ID 0x1002 / 0x5A61 (ATI Technologies Inc / Radeon XPRESS 200 SERIES)
PCI sub ID 0x107B / 0x6047 (Gateway 2000)
Memory 128 MBytes
BIOS Date 05/10/04
DirectX DirectX 9.0

I'm not sure what my computer's maximum for a video card is (if there is a such a thing, I only know about the RAM's maximum, I apologize, I'm only 15).

A:Video card upgrade for Emachines T3152

The key question on upgrading the video card is how powerful is the PSU. Please provide the make and model number of it and the total wattage and how many volts on the 12v leg. If you are not sure how to do this or what I am asking for, take a look at this page - about half way down.

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/criteria.html

The rest of the page - and webiste - also provide good info about upgrading a video card so you might want to browse it too. But don't expect to be able to put too strong a video card in it. You might find some helpful information on low power requirement video cards on this page of the above site:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/nongaming.html

Although it is targeted at general purpose and HTPC systems, some of the faster cards on that page do allow some basic gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade-for-emachines-t3152.168936/
Relevancy 51.17%

ok i have an emachines t3104 and it says that it has an AGP slot in it... and from everything i hear an AGP slot is brown... the only slots on my mother board are white(im assuming PCI??) and this purple one (???) but when i look at my bios it says that i have an AGP slot and AGP 2.0/3.0 drivers...

i just bought an EVGA Nvidia e-GeForce 5500 (AGP version) but i cannot find the slot to put it in... Please help im a noob at modding a computer...

A:uhh help pleaaaasse with my AGP Video card and emachines t3104

Does the card fit in the purple slot. It doesn't have to be brown though that is the most common color. There's been a lot of changes to motherboards recently with some manufacturers getting a little fancier with their boards. The specs I saw on that machine read 3 PCI and 1 AGP so you should be set.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uhh-help-pleaaaasse-with-my-agp-video-card-and-emachines-t3104.53777/
Relevancy 50.74%

Is there existing external graphic card or video card for integrated laptops

?? or other suggetions ^^
it would be a great help for me hihi

A:Is there existing external graphic card or video card for laptaps

Well they have these but they just give you a port to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/229229-there-existing-external-graphic-card-video-card-laptaps.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello. Few days ago i bought a new laptop. HP Notebook 15-ay057nw. Everything was okey but not the graphic card and performance. I can't play games !!! ;/ Laptop uses only Intel HD Graphics. I have the newest drivers in both graphic cards. In BIOS i can not find the option to change graphic card. I set all to "max performance" but still the dedicated card doesn't work ;/Dedicated card in any apps, games are 0%. I try everything and i can not find the solution. Guys please help me i really need a helpI'm giving a prof to this the AMD Graphic card is 0%. In dxdiag the first graphic card is Intel HD Graphics. In the advanced options of resolution the graphic card is Intel. Sorry for my english, i'm polish so my english not the best. Thanks for any help-Best wishes, Luke

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-t-change-graphic-card-Dedicated-card-doesn-t-work/td-p/5793682
Relevancy 50.31%

I am trying to upgrade the video card on Model T2460 Emachines to a XFX Geforce 7800GS AGP 256mb DDR3 DVI/VGA/tv_out card.

My computer has the following:

2400 AMD Athlon XP Home Edition Processor

256 MD DDR

3D ProSavage8 w/ available AGP slot (this is the vid card)

60 GB Hard Drive

Model T2460 Emachines

I am having issues installing. When I started I disabled the video card, and shut down the CPU. When I booted back up, I had no graphics after replacing old card with new card. I switched back to the old card, and still no graphics. I had to keyboard control my way through and went into properties to enable the card, still nothing. I unplugged the card. I popped the system battery out for a little bit for the motherboard to reset and system came back to normal I think. Can anyone help me replace the card? Thanks in advance!

A:Upgrading Video card on Model T2460 Emachines

So you are deleting the old video drivers, shutting down the system, installing new card and plugging monitor into the new card, booting up and getting NOTHING on screen?

Couple questions:

1. Do you have your PSU connection going directly to the video card?
2. Scary question. Tell us a bit more about your PSU.... how many watts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-video-card-on-model-t2460-emachines.46496/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello all Perhaps you can help me A install EMachines T1220 video card problems while ago a few friends of mine got new computers and gave me their old ones So I ve cobbled together a fairly decent little computer using an eMachines T Celeron GHz or so as a base My only issue with it was that it was seriously lacking in the video department so I jumped on Tiger EMachines T1220 video card install problems Direct earlier this week and got a Diablotek ATi Radeon PCI MB video card It came last night so I tore into the computer and popped it in At first things went as I thought they should Windows screamed for new drivers I told it to keep its pants on then ran the driver install from the accompanying CD Install finished fine then I clicked the reboot button and darkness It s been doing the same thing since then - I start it up the thing beeps a morse code quot d quot at me - and nothing shows up regardless of whether I plug the monitor into the video card or the onboard video port To get anything to show up I have to take the new card out so when I go to the bios to disable the onboard video it doesn t give me the option to do so Same story no matter which of the PCI slots I put the thing in The power supply is W though I m not sure if that even matters since I don t need to plug any extra power into the card I know I can do much better than an eMachine but I m not looking to have a beast of a gaming PC - I just want something I can do some homework digital art on and maybe play some FlyFF too that and I don t have all that much cash to spend I m pretty sure the card should work and that it s just a matter of persuasion but if you find out otherwise please let me know so I can return the card Any help would be awesome nbsp

A:EMachines T1220 video card install problems

Ive known some new agp cards wont run in older machines something to do the voltage, i didnt know of any problems with pci cards though.

What actually happens when you take the card out, can you get the computer to boot up then?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-t1220-video-card-install-problems.92127/
Relevancy 50.31%

15 days ago My laptop was unable to boot , when i have formatted it and after installing graphic card driver it is unable to boot again , i tried more than 5 times and even i tried windows 7 ultimate , proffessional and even 32 bit and 64 bit but its not working the momment i instal video driver after installing it requires boot and after boot its unabe to start please help my laptop is not in warranty . serial - [Personal Information Removed]  product number - LZ801PA#ACJ  micro poccessor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

A:video card/graphic card reboot problem

boynamedanurag Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about booting and video card problems and wanted to help. So, if I understand what you're saying, you reinstalled Win7 and the PC boots OK, right? But when you then install a video driver and reboot, it does not boot, right? My guess is that you have one of the old DV6 laptops that has two video chipsets, something called Switchable Graphics.  And the problem with that is that only the HP OEM video drivers will work on that laptop.  IF you install other ones, such as the ones you get from AMD or Nvidia, they will NOT work -- which sounds like what is happening to you. What DOES work is restoring your PC using HP Recovery Media because that will contain the HP OEM drivers.  Media. This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/driversOnce there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".  If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entty and click on Order Media for details.Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while! Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/video-card-graphic-card-reboot-problem/td-p/5607725
Relevancy 50.31%

Can you change a laptop video card/graphic card?

I looked in a shop and they said "a laptop graphic card can not be changed."

Can a laptop graphic card be changed??
(Nvidia geforce go 6150)

Please help
With many thanks,
Ritesh

A:Can you change a laptop video card/graphic card?

Unless the laptop has onboard graphics, there is no reason why the card can't be changed.

Of course, I am not very knowledgeable with GFX cards, so I can't necessarily tell whether is has onboard graphics or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/66156-can-you-change-laptop-video-card-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home black new now card, BIOS graphics screen, emachines POST, no no SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance This achieved emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

Start by resetting the cmos. This will reset the bios to the default settings.

Remove the new card from the machine. Hopefully your computer will now boot up ok, using the onboard graphics.

Is your psu putting out enough power for your new graphics card?

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38514/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I have an emachines with the Trigem IM GL motherboard and Windows XP Home no screen, no graphics POST, card, BIOS new emachines now black SP installed This has the onboard graphics chipset Intel GL graphics memory controller hub I recently installed an ATI Radeon PCI graphics card to get emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS better graphics performance emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS This achieved the performance increase I needed but after installing the new card the system consistently took about - minutes to boot up and be useable after going through POST There was also the same delay when using the quot switch user quot function I thought this delay might be caused by some internal conflict between the new ATI card and the motherboard onboard graphics So I tried at first disabling and then uninstalling the onboard graphics through Device Manager Display adapters emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS leaving the ATI card as the only adapter On restarting everything worked OK but I still got the same slow boot problem as before Next step was to check the BIOS settings This is a Phoenix BIOS Under the quot Advanced quot menu there is an option to set the primary video adpter to quot PCI quot or quot Onboard quot When I had initially installed the ATI card i e before uninstalling the onboard graphics I changed this to quot PCI quot but subsequently found that setting to this or quot Onboard quot didn t affect the signal output through the ATI card So after uninstalling the onboard graphics probably foolishly I tried changing the the setting back to quot Onboard quot saved settings and restarted Result - system powers on but will not now go through POST and the screen stays black Since there is no video output I can t even get into the BIOS If I switch the monitor lead back to the old onboard graphics socket I get an error message warning to effect that the graphics controller cannot be reverse engineered together with a few coloured flashing symbols This seems to be a default message put out by the onboard grahics chipset indicating it has power but is not communicating with the operating system It seems to me I ve shot myself in the foot I think what I ve done is delete uninstall the onboard graphics controller but tell the BIOS to use it and not the ATI card with the result that on startup the BIOS looks for the onboard graphics can t find it doesn t know to look for the ATI card so then stops starting up Trouble is I can t get into the BIOS to change the settings Can anyone offer a solution to this The only things I can think of doing are Physically remove and replace the ATI card hoping this will force it to be recognised as the primary video adapter during POST Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do Most drastic - install a new motherboard keeping all my other components CPU HD etc But then I would also need to reinstall the whole OS from scratch and I don t have a full copy of XP so not the cheapest option any help advice would be much appreciated thanks Tony nbsp

A:emachines new graphics card, now black screen, no POST, no BIOS

trljcl said:

2) Clear the CMOS via the motherboard jumpers to reset to default settings - but not sure what this will do.Click to expand...

You should perform this step, but remove the Radeon PCI card first.

The Clear CMOS jumpers are precisely for this kind of mischief- to return BIOS to a known/working state in case the system can't get to or complete it's POST tests.

Once you've cleared the CMOS, you'll need to immediately go into the BIOS setup screens and redo all your settings, date, time, HD's, etc.etc.

At that point, you may reset video to PCI (disable onboard) and re-insert your Radeon. With any luck, Windows will boot and the drivers will still be intact and working.

As far as the pause you are describing before the BIOS fun.. did you install .NET and Catalyst Control Center version of the ATI drivers? These are very likely the cause of your pause/longer boot time and user switching.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-new-graphics-card-now-black-screen-no-post-no-bios.38513/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, I have an eMachines T3522 desktop PC and the video card installed on there is an old crappy Matrox Mystic Mystique 4MB ! I can't afford a new computer. So a decent video card would be alright. Any suggestions on what to do? Thanks so much

It has an available PCI-Express slot so I need to find a video card that would be great for playing this game called Tales of Pirates. The requirements are at least 256MB for a graphics card..

:SPECS of eMachines T3522:
Windows XP, Home Editon Version 2002 (Service Pack 3)
Intel Celeron D Processor 352
3.33 GHz
501MB of RAM

also, i have another old pc, and it has 512MB RAM, 7.85GB hard drive, (3.35GB free space left), nVidia Rita TNT2/TNT2 Pro 32MB video card installed.. I am not sure if my videocard is an PCI-Express or not.

A:Solved: What is a good video card(gaming) for an eMachines T3522 pc?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-is-a-good-video-card-gaming-for-an-emachines-t3522-pc.930113/
Relevancy 49.45%

I have ProLiant ML110 G6  I've bought Sapphire Radeon R7 250 2GB GDDR5 card. Before I buy, I've checked compatibility of my PCIe v2 x16 slot with PCIe v3 x16 card. I'ts compatible backwards so I can use v3 card in my v2 slot i MB. But When I was trying to install it I've noticed that on MB is inprinted PCIe x16 45W (I attached photo below).  So can I use this card - in specification is given that consumption of this card is 70W. Can undervoltage break my G card? Maybe I should ure Riser with extra molex pin? x16 slot gives 45W and molex can give 35W = total 80W. What you think     

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphic-Card-upgrade-use-70W-card-in-45W-socket/td-p/5678590
Relevancy 49.45%

I'm having problems with video streams stopping and games stopping. I was told that I don't have a video card/ graphic card. Which should I get or both. My PC has 736 RAM. I'm thinking of gettin 2G or 1G stick. Would this help or do I need it to run a video card/ graphic card?

Thank You for your responses

thesecretaz66m

A:What is the diffret in a video card / graphic card?

A video card and a graphic(s) card are the same thing. What you have now is an integrated graphics card. Integrated graphics cards have terrible performance. Now, we need to know whether your motherboard has a PCI-E or AGP slot. Download CPU-Z , take screenshots of the tabs called "CPU" and "Mainboard" and post them here.

They should look something like this (the information and logo will be different):

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-diffret-in-a-video-card-graphic-card.80625/
Relevancy 49.45%

Product Name: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PCOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) Hello, Can I upgrade my motherboard with a graphic card. Is it possible?

A:improvement of graphic card (video card)

serzh_shumkov Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about wanting to upgrade the graphics on your laptop and wanted to help. Sorry for the bad news, but you are operating under a misunderstanding.  Unlike desktop PCs, laptops do not use video "cards"; instead, they use video chips that are permanently attached to either video modules, or to the laptop system board.  These are not customer-replaceable parts. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/improvement-of-graphic-card-video-card/td-p/5687997
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey I joined this forum because I am interested in doing a fair amount of modification to my current computer and I ve got some basic questions to ask I ve and Computer eMachines needed Power Help Graphics Card upgrading on Supply got a eMachines T PC and am interested in getting a GeForce GT card to replace the one I currently have put in there a FX le Doing so would require putting in a new Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer power supply but I m interested in going further and buying a new case w power supply because for about the same price as a power supply I can get a better ventilated case that also should have a quieter fan The current T case heats up my upstairs room way to much and keeps those in the bedrooms around it up at night if I do not turn it off while the other -older- eMachines here makes almost no noise and runs cooler to the touch My question is how difficult would it be to transfer my system to a new case I ve done basic installation of cards and RAM and know enough to indentify the hardware in there but I ve yet to tackle anything at this level or would it be a smarter move to go for just Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer a new power supply and card The specs of my computer are as follows -------------------- Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer eMachines T CPU AMD Athlon XP Processor GHz with QuantiSpeed architecture Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition installed SP Chipset NVIDIA nForce Memory MB DDR PC Upgraded with another mb stick Hard Drive GB HDD Optical Drives x Max CD-RW Drive x Max DVD Drive quot MB FDD -in- Media Reader USB Secure Digital SD Smart Media Compact Flash Memory Stick Memory Stick PRO Micro Drive Multimedia Card Video NVIDIA GeForce MX graphics Overridden by a MB FX le in the AGP slot Sound nForce -channel Audio Modem K ITU v ready Fax Modem Network Mbps built-in Ethernet Peripherals Premium Plus Multimedia Keyboard Diablo Optical Mouse Amplified Stereo Speakers Dimensions quot w x quot h x quot d Ports Other USB ports in back in Media Reader Serial Parallel PS Audio-In amp Out GB external HD attached ----------------------- Hardware I want to install XFX Geforce GT MB AGP video card ATRIX comptuer case w watt power supply side vent amp fan Thanks for any help you can give -Draeger nbsp

A:Help needed upgrading Graphics Card and Power Supply on eMachines Computer

Sure

I dont see why the Card Wont work. The only problem witht the whole rig might be the PSU connection. You may have trouble upgrding it, you may not, depends on the model (and i really could tel ya) I would just look at the connections to see if it is the standard 20 or 24 pin. If it is...then i dont see a problem.

Good Luck

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-upgrading-graphics-card-and-power-supply-on-emachines-computer.27620/
Relevancy 47.73%

Are these the same thing? I have an old Dell (as you can see), but I like it. I was told that I could improve its performance by adding a video card. When I look them up, I see pictures of odd-looking devices that in no way resemble a "card." I can only find 2 that will work with this computer. Does that seem right?

A:Video card vs graphic card?

"Video Card" and "Graphics Card" are the same thing.

There are 4 different versions of the 745. A "minitower", a desktop, a Small Form Factor and an ultra small form factor. Which one do you have? It makes a difference for a video (graphics) card.

The minitower will take a PCIe type video card. With the small power supply that can limit you (if this is the model you have). The others versions are even further restrictive as they will require "low profile" type cards.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/349324-video-card-vs-graphic-card.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My Laptop is Lenovo G580 i5 2.5GZ without graphic card

There is showing dedecated video memory is 64mp

One of my fav. game is not playing, I'm not sure what is the problem

Please confirm me If I can get graphic card or video card for the laptop

A:I don't have graphic card & video card

Hi sunilgupta91,
Are you sure your Lenovo G580 i5 2.5GZ does have a Graphic Card called GeForce® GT 635M ? My friend use to own one but with graphic card. please check it again.
Why you didn't ask before you buy it? BTW, what kind of game are you play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-dont-have-graphic-card-video-card.187921/
Relevancy 46.44%

I built a computer a week or two ago and thanks to your site I got it up and running. It was all fine until I unhooked it because I was planing on moving. When I hooked it back up I went to show my friend my cool new toy. He is a little better with computer then me so he was messing around with the 3Dfx tools for my Voodoo4 4500 AGP then when trying to play Monkey Island4 (fun game!) it came up and said hard wear not present look at troubleshoot for details. We reinstalled the drivers for the card tried reinstalling the game still nothing. What should I do? The computer says the the card is there and it works but I still get that message when I try to start that game. Would it help if I reinstalled windows?

A:Graphic card????

First i would completely uninstall the game using whatever uninstaller is available, also manually delete any remnants left after the uninstall, either add remove programs or game specific uninstaller.
Once it's all gone, reinstall it, if it works great, if not Go to device manager, remove your video card, reboot and reinstall, then reinstall directx. Hopefully it will work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card.45347/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, i have a pavilion 500 series Desktop8gb rami7 3770 3.4ghz i would like to buy a new graphic card to play video games such as GTA5 on high performances.i would like to know if someone could suggest any graphic card wich will be compatible with my computer and be able to run the game.And also do i have to be aware of anything which will cause any discompatibilty just as for the example the size of the graphic card?thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphic-card/td-p/5851118
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi!

I'm looking to replace my old GTX 260 OC graphic card, but I'm not up to date with the new hardware, so I need a little help

My current GTX260 is fine in most games, but after i bought a 24" monitor, it's having a somewhat hard time running some games at 1920x1080 with decent graphic details. Especially GTA IV is maxing it out, and thats the game i play the most.

I was doing some research and found out that GTA IV doensn't support multi GPU cards, so i guess i need some hardcore single gpu card? Like 5870, but that card is nearly impossibile to get unless i wanna wait several weeks

Any ideas?

My rig is:
Q9550 2.83ghz
4gb DDR3 pc12800
Samsung Spinpoint 1tb
Asus GTX260 Top
Gigabyte EP45-T Extreme
PSU Corsair 650 watt

A:What graphic card should I buy?

Well, if you only want a single GPU card and you don't want to wait for the 5870 and you already have a GTX 260, I suppose that leaves the GTX 285.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-graphic-card-should-i-buy.138653/
Relevancy 46.44%

I got my laptop with Windows 10. Later I booted it up and installed Windows 8.1. It has 8gbRAM, and a 2gb Nvidia 940M graphic card but still all the games like Assassin Creed 3, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 are running very slow. It is really annoying. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/On-graphic-card/td-p/5596528
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey everyone,Im upgrading my graphics carrd from a crappy ATI radeon x1300 and i was just wondering which graphics card to get im on a about $250 can
budget the parts must come from either : www.canadacomputers.com or www.tigerdirect.ca thx in advance =)

A:Which Graphic card??

250 Can or US?

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2855874&CatId=1826

I personally own the 256mb version. Solid performer. If you're a fan of nVidia, the 7900GS is the equivalent, but benchmarks show that the X1950pro outperforms the 7900GS more significantly in benchmarks that it does, while the 7900GS outperforms the X1950pro slightly in the others.

Check the benches at www.tomshardware.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphic-card.74195/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey,

I got a Geforce 7300GT 128mb currently, but i was given ATI 700x 128mbas a present.

Could anyone tell me which may be better? , ty

A:Which graphic card is better?

the 77300gt is better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-graphic-card-is-better.62399/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello!
I would like to buy a new graphic card because..
(my pc is 1 month old now)
I have a Intel (R) Graphics Media accelerator HD and when I play games like GTA IV or flatout ultimate carnage, It lags.
Even on low(est) quality.
I'm not sure that the problem my graphic card is, but I think so because my pc is powerful.
Here are my specs :
HP Pavilion P 6550 BE
Windows 7 Home Premium (64bits)
4GB RAM
Processor : Intel (R) core I3 with 3,07 GHZ, 2 core's , 4 logical processors
HD : 1TB Hard drive
Here is my question : What graphic card should I buy for this pc?
I don't know mutch about graphic cards because I've never buyed one.

Can anyone also give me a guide wich teaches me how to install that graphic card?

Sorry for my bad English,

Thanks!

J-P

A:New Graphic Card = H.E.L.P.?

Have a lonk to your computer? A Google search with the model number as you posted it doesn't return anything that matches the specs you listed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/98467-new-graphic-card-h-e-l-p.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Everybody,

As per my buget, please suggest which is best of the following chipset of XFX PCI-Express Graphic Card
1. GF 7300 GS
2. GF 7300 LE
3. GF 6500

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pci-e-graphic-card.505756/
Relevancy 46.44%

ATI Radeon HD 6450
Nvidia Geforce 220GT
Nvidia Geforce G210
ATI Radeon HD 3800
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT

A:What is the best graphic card from below?

Welcome to the forums SNG, You can compare GPU's here http://www.hwcompare.com/category/gpu-comparisons/

This gives you a hierarchy chart http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-the-best-graphic-card-from-below.1059108/
Relevancy 46.44%

Guys in the specifications of this desktop says the following:"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (GDDR5X 8GB)(Equipped with NVIDIA Maxwell architeture" Shouldn't the 1080 graphic cards all be Pascal architeture? Hope you can give me a help! Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Graphic-Card/td-p/5739581
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Compaq Presario 6000, Pentium 4, 2 ghz, the works. but i only have a intel extreme graphics card. its not to bad but games seem to get sketchy at parts in games like warcraft III and Command and Conquer. I want to get a new video card to improve the quality of the games i have now and eventually be able to buy high quality games like Doom III that are coming out some time down the road. What graphic card is the best that is available now and around $150 or $200. Also, does my system have to have some sort of requirements to put them in???

Thanks for your help

Relevancy 46.44%

Well since my stock graphics card is card help Graphic pretty bad I m looking to update to a better one Now I m just learning about computers and looking in my manual it says Slots One APG V x x slot Three bit PCI bus slots support v v PCI bus interface So basically I m wondering does this mean I can support both a APG and a PCI graphics card or are they the same thing Also I see MB MB etc what re the differences in them really Finally I m looking at these two graphics cards and I m trying to learn if my computer is compatable for either http www newegg com Graphic card help Product Product asp Item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Anything you guys would recommend would be cool too but my price range isn t too high as I m only buying this to play CS Source a few other shooters Say - Finally for a second time my computer specs AMD Athlon tm XP MMX DNow GHz DDR Ram VIA S G Unichrome IGP MB memory approx As I side note my computer runs CS horribly basiclly being so choppy and I can t play Thanks to anyone who replys and if there s anymore info you need just Graphic card help ask nbsp

A:Graphic card help

Those cards you're looking at are PCI-Express. You're motherboard only supports AGP and PCI(competely different interface from PCI-E). A few good cards in you're price range that would run Source flawlessly.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102492 $169.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150157 $114.99

Value Card, with good performance for what you're looking for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814133013 $84.99

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphic-card-help.495086/
Relevancy 46.44%

Sorry, I know nothing about graphic card, but I would like to get one so my characters in the game won't have a triangle shaped head....sigh, anyone knows any site or any link or any suggestion on what graphic i should get? I tried to do a search on internet, every company said their cards are the best...also tried consumer report...no luck either, thank you

A:Best Graphic Card?

hey!

Wat do u want an Graphics for??Gaming??if so,Get Inno3D 5700FX TV+dvi(n so on)
u should get this 1 cause

NVIDIA® GeForce FX 5700

128 / 256MB DDR Memory

AGP8X or PCI