Windows Support Forum

Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Q: Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Is this even possible? Ive never seen a download speed so low, I cant even watch youtube, and forget netflix. Yet my upload seems to be through the roof. What is causing this? .58mb/s DL with a 43.26mb/s upload @ 5 ms ping.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Extremely low download speed and extremely high upload speed

Might I ask what time of day you did that test? In My Opinion, the Internet is like the Interstate. You can't go fast at rush hour.
You should try it at different times of day to see if it changes.
You could even try another test site http://www.internetfrog.com/mypc/speedtest/
http://reviews.cnet.com/internet-speed-test/ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
http://www.dslreports.com/stest
Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-low-download-speed-and-extremely-high-upload-speed.184515/
Relevancy 107.26%

It started about two days ago, I was using this connection for ages now. The download speed seems fine at the moment but my ping goes through the roof.
I tried restarting the router, I have no process running in the background stealing speed or any of that stuff.

A:Relatively fine download speed, extremely high ping

Maybe you should move closer to your router, or it could be your firewall slowing down your ping. You could also use a wired connection (like a Ethernet cable) if you haven't already. Also, did you do anything to affect your connection those two days ago? Or did it happen out of nowhere? Make sure to scan for malware or other malicious software on your computer that could be messing with it. Most people here ask for ipconfig/all, it usually reveals the problems of your connection issues. So make sure to put that in your thread soon. You can also put your PC statistics as well for us to see if anything would be incompatible with your computer and router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/relatively-fine-download-speed-extremely-high-ping.1094097/
Relevancy 101.06%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 100.44%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 98.27%

Hi guys!
I'm having a big trouble with my internet connection. The Upload speed is extremely slow...
after i got a new mainboard, that problem appears
Here is my http://speedtest.net result:
download speed: 9.45 Mbps
upload speed: Failed, cannot test the upload speed

And the result from http://ip-adress.com/speedtest/ :
download speed: 9.11 Mbps
upload speed: 0.02 Mbps

I'm tired with my suck internet connection! Upload a 1MB photo to Facebook took me hours...
This problem has started for a week and I have no idea how to troubleshoot or fix the problem.
Can you guys help me out
thanks a lot

A:Why is my upload speed extremely slow?

Anyone?
Please help me...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-upload-speed-extremely-slow.1092435/
Relevancy 91.76%

I installed Windows on a new build about connection high Extremely browsers slow speed despite a month and a half ago I downloaded many programs during the first week but have not made many changes since I started noticing the problem in the last week or two My browser speeds are getting increasingly slow I use Firefox but tried iExplorer once the problem started The same issues exist one iE It s especially noticeable on various shopping sites that load a lot of Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed small product pictures The images will be extremely slow to load or the site my say loading for minutes and never completely load Opening gmail is getting slower or won t load at all Things that would load in a second now take minutes or fail to load completely at all This Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed was happening off and on I think but it is now a continuous problem I have run speed test several times but my connection speeds are consistently high I haven t had any connection issues with any online gaming The issue seems to be restricted to internet browsers I have another computer connected to the same network that loads the same pages extremely fast that this computer can t load in minutes now I didn t have any AV software or anti-spyware running when the problem began Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed I have tried some programs after the fact AVG full scan came back clean Malwarebytes full scan detected and removed one trojan in a bit torrent P P download folder Threat Fire hasn t detected anything I appreciate any guidance

A:Extremely slow browsers despite high connection speed

Something I forgot to note. I have noticed that when it is slowest, closing tabs in Firefox is not instant. I have also noticed that switching to private browsing on Firefox can eliminate at times, but the problem still exists other times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468004/extremely-slow-browsers-despite-high-connection-speed/
Relevancy 91.45%

Ever since I upgraded to Windows my download speed has been drastically slow The difference is with most people is that my connectivity is fine the bars are all highlighted in the icon I can easily jump from one page to another w o any connection issues It's just when I download files - no matter how small they might be And it's not just the files - but in my Programs in my computer like my Audio engineering programs I use or loading up as simple as MP files All that takes soooooo much longer to load than before when I had It's extremely annoying and I slow Extremely speed. download thought it'd be the complete opposite since I'm upgrading NOT downgrading I'm running on a Wireless router my friend uses her computer downstairs with her own Router that I'm latched onto Is there anyway I can fix this by updating the driver for the connection speed or something It's really bad for me when I'm working in my engineering programs as it Extremely slow download speed. takes too long to load up my music as well as the download times to download simple files that don't even have that much KB or MB on them Much appreciated if anyone could help me out

A:Extremely slow download speed.

To possibly isolate the source of problem, can your try connecting via Ethernet? Also, you might find it advantageous to try connecting directly to modem via Ethernet. An updated driver for the router might solve the problem. And, so might updating the router's firmware.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16845-extremely-slow-download-speed.html
Relevancy 91.45%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 90.52%

Hello Recently I ve been having problems with my internet connection It has become very slow - around - KB s it used to be - KB s depending on the time of day This started around a week ago when it got very hot in the UK don t know if that has anything to do with it Some background information - my ISP is BT and I m meant to get mb speed slow already but can t be helped due to location out of a possible mb I m using the BT Homehub that the subscription came with which is telling me the broadband is fine However when I plug my older modem router in some Netgear model from last year the internet light glows orange indicating there is something wrong with the connection My connection is a wired connection but I use DLAN power socket to ethernet connecters throughout the house These aren t the cause however as I ve tried my Xbox - which is Extremely Slow Download Speed Browsing are and plugged straight into the modem - and the problem still persists I phoned up BT but we all know how hopeless their support is I have tried plugging it into the main ADSL line which didn t help and even unscrewed the plate and put it into the quot main socket quot inside as the support guy described it which also didn t help They ran a test and Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow said I was getting a KB s download speed Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow - which they acknowledged was extremely slow They also told me there was no problem on their end but this is rather unclear and the person hung up on me during our conversation so I couldn t reach him again I really don t know what to do I d rather save calling them again for a last resort it gets very tedious after a while I m thinking there may be some internal wiring problems but they said there was nothing wrong from their end Anyway thanks in advance and thanks for reading Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow this huge wall of text nbsp

A:Download and Browsing Speed are Extremely Slow

This is almost surely their issue from your description.

Let's do a test. Boot in Safe Mode with Networking, and connect with a wired connection directly to the modem and run the following test.
Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-and-browsing-speed-are-extremely-slow.840656/
Relevancy 89.59%

when bandwidth tested through www.speedtest.net shows normal download speeds:5.1mbps however actual download speeds are around 12-100kbps, other computers on this network are downloading properly. Troubleshooting steps I have already taken: Tried different router, tried different cables, changed NIC card, disabled QoS packet scheduler, moved computer to different location entirely (friends internet tested at 16mbps on speedtest.net, download speeds were around 600kbps, all other computers in the house were downloading at acceptable speeds), updated drivers

for reference these are my computers specs:
AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4ghz)
8GB DDR3 1333
1TB SATAII
ATi Radeon 9890 1GB
Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

Relevancy 88.66%

Hi I am not sure what is wrong with my browser and whether I am infected with Extremely Slow Chrome Download speed, weird acts a virus My internet was working fine yesterday Extremely Slow Download speed, Chrome acts weird downloading at about KB s but today everything is downloading at less than KB s This all happened when my browser suddenly took me to this adfoc website and the next thing I know everything I download is extremely slow Extremely Slow Download speed, Chrome acts weird I have scanned the computer using MBAM Superantispyware Avast and Avira but all have shown up negative for viruses My DSL provider performed a line test and said the line was fully operating and functional I was able to confirm that because when I downloaded a file via torrent it reached speeds in excess of KB s However whenever I try downloading anything using Chrome Firefox Opera and IE it downloads at KB s or less like it is either being blocked or filtered through something I am running Windows Vista Extremely Slow Download speed, Chrome acts weird and this problem occurs in Chrome IE Firefox and Opera For some reason CPU usage seems to be quite high but the task manager doesn t show what is causing it Also my dsl is connected directly from the modem to the laptop and there is no router PLEASE HELP I have no idea what to do Thank for the assistance Your help is greatly appreciated Best regards

A:Extremely Slow Download speed, Chrome acts weird

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/428925/extremely-slow-download-speed-chrome-acts-weird/
Relevancy 86.49%

Hello guys So I bought this kick-ass laptop from MSI It is pretty good These are the specs in case they aid in finding a solution to my problem Name MSI WorkStation Series GT OKWS- US OS Windows Professional bit CPU GHz Intel Core i - MQ Hard drive TB RPM GB Solid-State Drive Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K with change is speed How (Transfer I do speed? extremely slow) CD-ROM GB DDR VRAM Hard disk description SATA Optical Storage Device BD Burner Cache Memory installed size Problem statement I am trying to copy files from a DVD disc some GB of data using the CD-ROM on this laptop The transfer How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) speed is EXTREMELY LOW It starts with almost MB sec at first but then after seconds or so it gets down to KB sec The transfer was going to take approximately hours which is a lot for a laptop with specs like mine I tried to copy the same DVD to another laptop which had much lower specs than my MSI the approximated time was minutes I How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) tried to update CD-ROM but it told me that it was up to date Please help me guys Best regards

A:How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow)

The Specs don't mean nothing buddy, however the specs of the DVD Driver do...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344382-how-do-i-change-cd-rom-speed-transfer-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 84.63%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 84.63%

First off my specs Adapter Realek RTL EE bgn Wifi Adapter Router Linksys Cisco WRT N Known to have connection issues in the past but I explain why this probably isn t a factor Not sure what else is needed SysInfo Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - MQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled So I ll boot up my laptop and everything will work fine My download speeds will be somewhere near - mb s and uploads are around - mb s I ll also ping test my computer with no packet loss a ping around and jitter around - It all looks great and dandy Pics below Except after about to minutes my download speeds will dropoff to about - kb s and my ping test goes through the roof to about - with jitter near Not good at all Now I have the suspicion this is being caused by my internal wifi adapter the Realtek because when I use another external usb adapter TP Link TL-WN N my speeds never fluctuate and speed change. doesn't Upload drop Download off, speed I Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. have no problem ever Is Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. there anyway to narrow down what this could possibly be caused by Plus I should mention I ve uninstalled and reinstalled the driver Download speed drop off, Upload speed doesn't change. for my internal adapter so many times its not even fun anymore After I install the speed will jump to the - mb s range but again will drop after - minutes I couldn t find the screen shot of my outrageous ping beside the horrible download speed but I ll keep looking EDIT I ll use Xirrus Wifi Inspector to see relative signal strength and according to it it never changes Gah nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drop-off-upload-speed-doesnt-change.1102762/
Relevancy 84.63%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 84.01%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 84.01%

Hi everyone,
At first I noticed a slow down with my ISP (Verizon FIOS) from 15mb/s to 6-7mb/s, but the upload speed is unaffected. So, I called my ISP they told me could be an issue with the Windows that I am using.
Then I called MS regarding the network issue, however they told me that my license has expired is not under warranty for technical support. Here I am asking for some help.

Some of the thing that the ISP done was conducting some test:
Buffer size:261360 bytes
Receive size: 66608 bytes
Their ISP network technician told me that the Receive size was too low and causing problem to the download speed, but the upload speed is still good.

So, anyone who have any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

A:Download speed is limited, but upload speed is fine

are you using a router?
if yes, try bypassing the routing by plugging directly into the modem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/160316-download-speed-limited-but-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 84.01%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I regularly upload videos online and since the last few days they ve been timing out or stalling Blip tv is telling me a MB file is going Speed, Horrible Speed Great Upload Download to take hours to upload Yeah right Other sites like that are about the same or just time out and give me errors - such as Youtube I recently got that quot We re Sorry quot page on Google so I m thinking something is up and there may be something on my computer sending crap out Here s Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed my speedtest net results I ve scanned the computer with ad-aware spybot search and destroy panda anti-virus avg malware bytes super anti spyware - the works and I m not getting anything Everything says the computer is clean This just doesn t seem right to me however If it s any help - I used a different computer with the same modem and was able to upload fine HJT Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed Log Running processes C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Windows system WTablet Wacom TabletUser exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization Great Download Speed, Horrible Upload Speed exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files MSN Toolbar msneshellx dll O - Toolbar Norton Toolbar - FEBEFE - B - - D -FFB D B CA - C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dll O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progra... Read more

Relevancy 84.01%

All of a sudden while browsing, I get insanely slow loading times, with multiple timeouts. I go on speedtest and this is my speed. I get random latency spikes during video games. I could barely upload the picture of my speedtest results, and I'll be surprised if this thread even makes it. What is happening? How can I fix it? Thanks

I've tried disabling all startup programs and rebooted, nothing
Restarted router, nothing

I have a Belkin Enhanced Wireless Router F6D4230-4 V1

A:Download Speed Fine, Upload Speed Non-existent?

Reboot and check your speed again.

How can you have a Custom Build and not know what motherboard you have.

Use this little free program to find out what your system is.

Speccy

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/357646-download-speed-fine-upload-speed-non-existent.html
Relevancy 82.46%

Any way to speed up my extremely slow machine? Task Manager always has, for example, "System" at a high % of RAM, always in red zone, but I read online that that's okay, that it just means that what the system isn't working on is referred to as the RAM that isn't being used, but everything is so slow during every step of work, every little step is slow, resulting in too much frustration. If Task Manager has all the answers when it comes to where the RAM is going, is this high % of "System" process really okay? Any way to alleviate any issues? I already googled how to make the system faster which mainly resulted in my uninstalling a lot of unneeded programs but I still don't remember the computer being this slow before Windows 10, for example, even if that may be unrelated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/any-way-to-speed-up-extremely-slow-machine-task-manager-system-high-of-ram-1046825.html
Relevancy 82.15%

I just switched over to my linksys router last night for my wireless because the small usb adapter I had sucked. my download speed went from 2-3 up to 58, HOWEVER, my upload speed usually won't even connect on the speed test from speedtest.org????

I can pull up maybe 1-2 website I frequently visit immediately, but 99% of other sites won't even load, or I get the text based webpage....what could the problem be?? My friends laptop works fine, my phone works fine, signal strength is good....??? Also i disabled antivirus and phising/popup blockers. etc

A:Download speed is good, BUT, upload speed is 0...?

lots of visits i see, can someone please help me out here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-good-but-upload-speed-is-0.1109312/
Relevancy 82.15%

So I ve always kind of had this issue not something really new However after testing my wife s PC to see if it were a router issue or something I realized I m in a bad spot My speed test had my D L at like Mbps and my U L at like Both spiked during the test around Comparing to my wife s PC when I did the test was Mbps D L and Mbps U L Her PC has the hard line into it while mine is directly connected to the router The provider goes through her PC etc Is there some tests I could do to find out higher than Upload download speed speed... my if it s Upload speed higher than my download speed... My PC My Router or Just some settings Thank you Also I saw someone ask on another one of these issues for the netstat -n so here is mine Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Active Connections Proto Local Address Foreign Address State TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP ESTABLISHED TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP CLOSE WAIT TCP ESTABLISHED nbsp

A:Upload speed higher than my download speed...

Interesting thing, I refreshed my net and restarted my PC, and it was peaking at 322.5KBps, but now it's back down to like 10-20KBps (at least when d/l from steam).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upload-speed-higher-than-my-download-speed.167450/
Relevancy 82.15%

I already tried safe mode with networking so i assume it s not about viruses or my antivirus Here s upload than is speed Download lower my speed. from a tcp ip analyzer TCP options string MTU MTU is not fully optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU to for better throughput If you are using a router it could be limiting your MTU regardless of Registry settings MSS MSS is not optimized for broadband Consider increasing your MTU value Default TCP Receive Window RWIN RWIN Scaling RFC bits scale factor Unscaled TCP Receive Window RWIN is not fully optimized Download speed is lower than my upload speed. even though it is a comparatively large number The unscaled RWIN value is lower than it should be Also RWIN being close to and above does not justify the header overhead of enabling TCP Options You might want to use one of the recommended RWIN values below For optimum performance consider changing RWIN to a multiple of MSS Other RWIN values that might work well with your current MTU MSS up to Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS - Mbit lines depending on latency MSS bandwidth delay product Note this is not a speed test Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms Your TCP Window limits you to kbps KBytes s ms MTU Discovery RFC ON Time to live left hops TTL value is ok Timestamps RFC OFF Selective Acknowledgements RFC ON IP type of service field RFC I have a desktop where I am getting around kbps with the same modem Just enough for my mbps kbps connection But when I try to use this laptop the connection becomes like this Down is in average and up is higher os is windows xp nbsp

A:Download speed is lower than my upload speed.

Try TCP Optimizer. I've used it for wireless connections with XP, it has never made things worse for me, sometimes helped dramatically, and it will save original settings so that you can revert to them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-is-lower-than-my-upload-speed.976376/
Relevancy 82.15%

I'm using a Compact Wireless-G Linksys USB Adapter with Speedbooster, and getting higher Upload speed than download speed on every speed testing website I try. Any thoughts on why?

Router: WRT54G2 Firmware vers. 1.0.01
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 10 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 6143 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 942353 MB, Free - 640989 MB; D: Total - 11412 MB, Free - 1394 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB1
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 108.79%

I have a 2Mb/s connection. At least that is what online speed test shows. But why are my downloads much lower? I mean less than 1Mb/s

A:High Speed Connection - Low Speed Download?

Your connection is 2 megabits per second I assume....that comes out to about 256KB/sec in a browser.

Are you saying you only get 128KB/sec in your browser?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/114425-high-speed-connection-low-speed-download.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I was talking to my Isp and my Isp said my net speed was supposed to be at 100.0 and it is at 10.0can someone please tell me how or if there is away to adjust my net speed on my computor. Thank you in advance I greatly appreciate your help. attached is the speed my Computor is at right now.

here are my Specs:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 240 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476838 MB, Free - 398902 MB;
Motherboard: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD, 785GTM-E45 (MS-7549)
Antivirus: Panda Internet Security 2016, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 106.21%

Alright. I have AT&T Express.
Downstream: 384kbps-1.5mpbs is what they say.
I am getting 323 based on their test on their help site. I have no clue why this is happening, I have just started to realize that the internet is slow compared to others.

Modem is a Siemens SpeedStream 4100 (since theirs wireless), connected to a router D-Link AirPlus Xtreme G Wireless Router
EDIT: My router page (192.168.0.) says that I have a "Max Allowed Download speed" of 384 kbps! Shouldnt it be 1.5mbps??

I dont know if its the settings here..maybe. AT&T says maybe a line problem.

When I d/l a file, I get 40kb/s. That is MESSED UP!

ANY suggestion would be helpful....Ive had this transfer rate for 2 years.
Help.

Relevancy 104.92%

I finally got my WLAN set up and I'm getting ridiculously slow speed according to LAN Speed Test. When I say ridiculously slow I mean like 10 Mbps slow.

The router and all of the wireless cards are 802.11n. I have an excellent signal on both computers. I've tried two different routers and it made no difference.

My desktop is running Windows 7 Home Premium and my laptop is running Mac OS X 10.6.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Extremely Slow WLAN Speed

How much download speed does your ISP claim?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/321517-extremely-slow-wlan-speed.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I have recently purchased an ASUS q a with Win not the pro edition For the first few days I noticed that my internet speed was very slow and was dropping in and out when I was on Speed Extremely Network Slow Skype or using an IRC channel I thought it was bad weather or something effecting the connection Then I noticed that the speed was just fine on all the other machines in Extremely Slow Network Speed my house I've heard that Win had slower browser loading times Extremely Slow Network Speed but this is ridiculous My connection is at Mbps not MBps but my WiFi connection says that I'm receiving and sending kbps Extremely Slow Network Speed When I open the resource monitor it says that my browser windows are sending and receiving only kbps The graph for my WiFi just shows nothing with the occasional and I do stress that jump from Mbps to over kbps but only for a brief moment I've went to speedtest net and it says my PING is about my download speed is MBps fastest available in my area and my upload speed is something like MBps I don't understand what the problem is Running diagnostics and troubleshooting my connection shows nothing is wrong Sometimes pages load just fine even though it still says I'm sending receiving kbps I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I'm becoming extremely frustrated especially considering this is a brand new machine less than weeks old and is being outdone by an old cheap Wal Mart desktop Can you please help me

A:Extremely Slow Network Speed

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type type the following command: IPCONFIG /ALL and press enter.

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter. Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/extremely-slow-network-speed-684898.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Very slow especially at speed (Extremely up) My start me get slow, HJT,,,Help at up to especially start up My HJT,,,Help get me up to speed (Extremely slow, especially at start up) I m guilty of not knowing the correct things to do for a fix amp preventions Please help me get squared My HJT,,,Help get me up to speed (Extremely slow, especially at start up) away I will donate as I did last time for the help My HJT,,,Help get me up to speed (Extremely slow, especially at start up) LOG POSTED LQQK Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro avpcc exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro avpm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro avpcc exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI HA EXE C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run OfficeGuard RegChecker quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro ogrc exe quot O - HKLM Run AVPCC quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro avpcc exe quot wait O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo RX Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E FATI HA EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo RX Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo RX quot O - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX Exe O - HKLM Run e - f c- e -a ec-b a b c C Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE O - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem PartyPoker com - B FE D - AA - F - C B- A F E - C Program Files PartyGaming PartyPoker RunApp exe file missing O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messe... Read more

A:My HJT,,,Help get me up to speed (Extremely slow, especially at start up)

Did I post this to the wrong location?

Husker

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-hjt-help-get-me-up-to-speed-extremely-slow-especially-at-start-up.535781/
Relevancy 104.92%

The speed used to be optimal, but in the past weeks it increased up to 4 minutes which is insane.
I disabled most of non microsoft services and startup programs but it does not decrease at all. If you need any further logs/info feel free to ask.

Thank you

- Tom

A:Extremely slow boot speed

Did you use msconfig or simply Task manager ?
I wouldn't guess unchecking ms services would be a good thing to do ?
Post a couple of screen shots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/302661-extremely-slow-boot-speed.html
Relevancy 104.92%

So a couple months ago i started a download for a game on steam but when i was checking it it would download at kb for like secs and say busy writing to disk for a whole minute i have DL and UP and steam usually downloads at a steady Mbps I checked my main HDD write speed and it was around Mb then i checked my other HDD and the write speed was at a really slow Kb I used a rd party program to check its status crystaldiskmark or info and both HDD's were fine so i used S M Speed Extremely Write HDD Slow A R T from CMD and it also said both HDD's were just fine so i really dont know whats HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow going on I am getting a new TB real soon and by that im doing a whole new build and i wouls like HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow to turn my current PC into a home PC for my family but thats not gonna work out to well with a failing HDD that isnt being detected or something So does anyone know some tricks i could try to fix this or is it done for Oh and it couldnt have been heat or anything since my HDD's are literally always at HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow body temperature level C - C The HDD is also about years old so it could just be dying but i want to know why its problems arent being detected by SMART or any programs

A:HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow

Download the disk utility from the hard drive manufacturer's web site.

It probably has a couple of tests. Run the quick one. If it passes that, run the longer one.

SMART isn't entirely reliable. Drives can go bad at any time with no warning.

But you may have healthy drives that are being affected by something else---malware for instance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/355904-hdd-write-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I've had cogeco high speed internet for almost a year now no problems very fast speed all around awesome But since the start of this month it has been brutally slow I cannot watch Internet Extremely Speed Slow youtube videos it will play stop play stop etc even if I pause the video Extremely Slow Internet Speed ahead come back minutes later it still hasn't loaded up this is terrible and extremely frustrating Even to register to this site it toke me minutes maybe more trying to get to my hotmail account toke around minutes for the damn thing to connect alot of websites wont load up or will take ages very frustrating and i seek your help I use firefox i believe not IE I've tried my connection on IE and its about as slow as firefox and firefox is fast when my connection was Extremely Slow Internet Speed nice and healthy off course I'm pretty sure i do not have any virus spyware adware I use Avast spybot-search and destroy Ad-Aware CCleaner SuperAntiSpyware and Comodo firewall i Scan regularly and find nothing So i don't know what is causing all this and its pissing me right the hell off Please help me out guys You will probably ask me to download hijack this though i am not sure Extremely Slow Internet Speed how to use it Thank you in advance --Jean

A:Extremely Slow Internet Speed

Start by reading this:Slow Computer?, Use this troubleshooting checklistDo you have a desktop computer? If so, when was the last time the innards were cleaned?http://www.wikihow.com/Clean-the-Inside-of-a-ComputerEdit to add: there are other reasons why a computer will run slow.A hardware issue is one. Another one a lot of people don't think about is their firewall and antivirus may not play nice with a system. If you have a security suite, it could possibly be that causing the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/168241/extremely-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 104.92%

I'm running a Pentium RAM gig SE OS a dinasaur Internet Speed Slow Extremely I know Extremely Slow Internet Speed machine with both IE and Mozilla as my browsers I have Trend PCcillin security suite running and regularly Extremely Slow Internet Speed run Spybot S amp D Adaware SE and Registry Mechanic I also frequently run online scans as another layer Extremely Slow Internet Speed of protection Everything comes up as clean on my scans Recently my refresh rate on my browsers has dropped to ridiculously slow speeds averaging - secs or more per page I had my cable company walk me through a diagnostic check of connection speed and packet loss for my connection My cable is averaging kbs sec with little to no packet loss These are very respectable s This leads me to conclude that my problem lies within my machine with either the hardware or some software I thought it might be the PCcillin but even when I disable it I continue to have the same SLOWW refresh rate Anyone out there know how to address this Trying to surf the web has become a painful experience for me HELP

A:Extremely Slow Internet Speed

There are two things i would recommend. First would be to run Disk Cleanup. You will find that in System Tools. This will remove old coolies, internet temp files and your internet history. Second set your internet History to 0 or 1 day, instead of the default 20 days. You will find that under Internet Options in IE. This will force IE to retrieve a new page each time instead of trying to access a cache page in you temp files.One more thing is I would clear your Rcache. Go to Start> Run> cmd> ipconfig /flushdns

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/74126/extremely-slow-internet-speed/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hello people!

We've recently installed a new computer with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 in our old home lan running only XP computers.

We've detected (and apparently solved) several problems, but one of them still remains: There is no way of efficiently access the files in the Windows 7 computers. In fact it is absolutely unacceptable 8 min. to just open a 250 kb word document!!

We've followed several ideas from other forums (as the one of disabling "Autotunning") but We are still in the same point.

As an additional data: it seems not to be a hardware problem as We can access normally the files within the XP machines from our Windows 7 computer.

Could anyone give us some idea?

A:Extremely low LAN speed sharing XP units.

Well it's me again...

Eventually I found the problem to my LAN's speed... here it is:

As I said I've had a lots of problems seting up my network since I've added this Win 7 machine to it. One of the problems was with the Ethernet cards. The PCs on my network were working with Ethernet cards with capability for 1GB speed. At first it was impossible to connect them to the LAN until I downgraded the speed to 10MB full duplex; almost surely it is the maximun capability of my HUB (the little equipement where all the PCs are in fact interconnected).

Once I had made this change I checked that I could see the other PCS in the LAN, but I had the problem previously described. Curiously In this configuration I could "see" the other PCs from my "Windows Explorer".

Now I have changed the network speed to "10MB Half Duplex" and the speeds turns to be what was expected. Curiosly again, now, I can't "see" the other PCs and I've had to create an Icon to connect to the server explicitely

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/165734-extremely-low-lan-speed-sharing-xp-units.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi there ive been experiencing extremely slow internet speeds on this computer for about a month now When i say slow internet slow speed extremely i mean download a file at around kbps and it takes in excess of minutes to load a minute video on youtube I have only experienced the slowness on this computer and not on any other computer here is my Hijackthis log and im grateful for any help recieved Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on extremely slow internet speed Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe extremely slow internet speed C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files VIA RAID raid tool exe C Program Files Intel PROSetWired NCS PROSet PRONoMgr exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files NETGEAR WN v WN V exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar DAEMON Tools Toolbar - AAC-C - - E A- E A E - C Program Files DAEMON Tools Toolbar DTToolbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run McAfeeUpdaterUI quot C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe quot StartedFromRunKey O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run RaidTool C Program Files VIA R... Read more

A:extremely slow internet speed

Bumping for help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-internet-speed.895050/
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi,

I am on Win 7 32 bit. I have a transcend 8 GB , 2.0 Usb flash drive.

I have formatted the flash drive to ntsc using windoes format tool.

the problem is the speed of moving or copying files to and from the drive is only at 1.5MB/s to 2.5MB/s.

I read articles on the net, and changed the policy to better performance and formatted to ntsc. still no change.

how do i fix it?

Relevancy 104.92%

Hello all.

Having a bit of a quandry. I have one laptop, a Toshiba Satellite L500-2H, that seems to get ridiculously slow wireless speeds sometimes. Like, slow to the point of not even being able to load webpages. Or taking way too long to do so. Either it cripples along or can't load outright. I run the silly little Windows 7 diagnostic and it says my broadband modem is experiencing connectivity issues. I know this isn't the case because the 6 other computers in my house have no problem connecting, via ethernet or wireless. And sometimes the Toshiba will do exactly what it's supposed to and pull 20 megabits/s on speedtest.net, which is what the others do. The wireless adapter is a Realtek 8191, if that helps.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevancy 104.06%

I could really use some advice on fixing some of the problems that I have recently encountered with my Laptop Problems Extremely slow internet using google chrome almost impossible to use IE unable to view animated Luna Pic pictures on the internet but can see them animated when saved on my laptop when viewing these kinds of pics they changed to a tiny box just before they completely open up all the way I m new here and not that great on understanding all the computer terminology but I will do my best to give issues Internet slow and more Extremely Speed you any additional information needed I did see similiar threads but read that I should NOT do anything from another thread without getting advice so if this info was solved in another thread then I don t mind having a link put in here for me to follow I am Extremely slow Internet Speed and more issues using a Verizon Wireless Card VZ Access Manager version I dont know if that will help you or not I do have my computer specs listed I think they show up when you click my name I am using Google Chrome because it seems to be loading faster than IE do I need to remove IE from my computer and will Extremely slow Internet Speed and more issues that help at all Please let me know if you need anything else Below is my Logfile thank you so much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Extremely slow Internet Speed and more issues Service Bin ACService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effects uCamMonitor exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Alltel GoBoingo AlltelWifi exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon ac C Program Files HP Button Manager BM exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Documents and Settings Vicki Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Program Files Verizon Wireless VZAccess Manager VZAccess Manager exe C Documents and Settings Vicki Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Vicki Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook CommentsBar Toolbar - d cf e- e - - -f fc f edc - C Program Files CommentsBar tbComm dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs ... Read more

A:Extremely slow Internet Speed and more issues

Also, I recently installed Malwarebytes Anti Malware, ran a scan and it found one thing and removed it. Below is the log for it. I only recently installed that because my computer starting running really slow, but after I did intall this, it got even worse. I installed it from Cnet. Also, I don't know if this will help or not, but the other day I could not get on the internet at all, I called Verizon tech support, they walked me through troubleshooting and had me enter a long password I had never known about to open up the settings in the VZ Access Manager, then he had me change some of my settings and also told me someone had changed them and that's why I could not access the internet, I explained to him that was impossible since no one uses this but myself and hubby and he knows less about computers than me, plus in order to change those settings, someone would have had to know that Verizon password, so how could that have even happened?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4336

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

7/21/2010 3:02:32 PM
mbam-log-2010-07-21 (15-02-32).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|D:\|)
Objects scanned: 179769
Time elapsed: 54 minute(s), 2 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Vicki\Local Settings\Temp\hv1E7.tmp (Trojan.Dropper) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-internet-speed-and-more-issues.939102/
Relevancy 104.06%

hey. im having trouble over my router. since i installed it, my internet speed is very low like 20kbps. when i used my modem, speed goes 64kbps (which is my actual speed provided by ISP). im the only one using this router. so my question is what should i do. OS doesnt support modem.

PS: plz dont tell me mozilla 10x fast speed rubbish.

Relevancy 104.06%

Recently my connection speed has been slower n slower....sometimes it is slow until cant do anything....i try to clean up my laptop from spyware n virus but the problem continues...Anybody knows about this problem n can help me with this???

Relevancy 104.06%

Hi,

I have 32 bit Windows 7 enterprise edition installed on DELL Inspiron 1525 with 4 GB RAM.
I am facing the issue of extremely slow copying speeds. The copying speed hovers around 4-5 Kbps.

Other XP machines are able to do this real fast. I updated from Vista, believing this problem would've been solved in Windows 7... but this is a big disappointment... for all the hype created.

Is there a solution to this...

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

A:Extremely slow copying speed over the network

Please try to answer as many as these as you can.
Location on network (LAN, other LAN, Internet)
What type of connection between the machines? (both wifi, one wifi other 100mbit)
What type of machine are you copying to? (NAS, Mac, Windows, Linux)
What protocal are you using? (FTP, Samba/Windows share)
By copying do you mean from two network locations? or from your machine to network? or from network to your machine?
how is internet download speeds?

i think this has something to do with the new version of SMB but im not sure... that might of been fixed allready

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/45846-extremely-slow-copying-speed-over-network.html
Relevancy 104.06%

I recently decided to setup hardware speed new slow Wifi extremely after my hardware I bought few months ago I decided to get rid of the wifi router I was using wndr v and setup a Uniquiti EdgeRouter lite and an open mesh AP mr I decided to use my wifi router as a temp switch only until I got a new switch So I reset the wifi router setup the AP and router and tested the speed and it went dropped to about of the speeds I was getting with the wifi router I tested the speed via Ethernet directly with the edgerouter and the temp switch and the speeds were great about mbps I tried rebooting everything but that didn t help I then tried to reconfigure the wifi router to also use the wifi part of it Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware to see if my open mesh Wifi speed extremely slow after new hardware AP was at fault but no the wifi router speeds were also down I m not sure what is the issue and would like some recommendations on how to troubleshoot this issue I know my wifi speeds won t match my wired speeds but I was consistently getting about - mbps on ghz wifi and it s now down to - mbps nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/wifi-speed-extremely-slow-after-new-hardware.1917065/
Relevancy 104.06%

my computer takes ages to boot up and my mouse icon jus becomes invisible when i open certain programs at certain times...for example opening a firefox browser....what is wrong with my computer???

A:extremely slow boot up speed..(RESOLVED)

Possibly your system is infected with some type of malware/spyware.
Plz look over the
First Steps at Removing Malware

Also Download and install: HiJackThis

Create an uninstall list:

* Open HiJackThis
* Click on the button " Open the Misc Tools section"
* Click on the Box that says "Open Uninstall Manager"
* Click on the button "Save list"
* Copy and past the List from the notepad file into this thread

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/extremely-slow-boot-up-speed-resolved-129474.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Hey Guys I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I've been having I have Windows XP completely up to date and an Agere Systems AC' modem I have done virus malware and spyware scans which all came back clean My problem is that starting about three days ago my Slow Speed. at Extremely Modem Connecting modem would only connect at about Kbps sometimes slower rarely any faster Before this it would connect at Kbps about of the time with no problems and remain connected for the standard hours The new connection speed makes it nearly impossible to browse the Internet It's just too slow for pages to load and I constantly have to reload pages that just stall out If I had the money I'd definitely purchase Modem Connecting at Extremely Slow Speed. high-speed Internet but I don't have the funds right now I brought up the diagnostic tools for the modem and it said that the modem was working properly I tried to update the driver and got the message that said it was up-to-date When I ran a troubleshoot on it it said quot Is your COM port turned off The troubleshooter detected that a COM port may be disabled This may be the cause of the problem Follow the steps below To enable a COM port Open Device Manager in Control Panel Double-click Ports COM amp LPT to expand the list of ports Right-click the port the modem is using and then click Enable If Enable is not listed the COM port is enabled quot The modem is listed as being COM port but when I follow the steps that are listed no COM ports appear on the list only a printer I have no problem connecting to the Internet It connects every time just at the reduced speed It does seem to take longer to connect though When I called my ISP they said everything was working fine on their end and that if I could connect to the Internet than it likely wasn't my computer So the next logical conclusion is it's the phone line right The problem with that though is I've tried connecting from other places in my home with the same results maybe a little faster in the s Kbps I also have two separate lines and have tried them both with the same results At one point yesterday I connected several times in a row at my normal Kbps speed and thought maybe everything had returned to normal so I left it connected but when I came back the download speed had reduced to a crawl My brother who lives with me says that his connection is fine no change in his speed - which must mean it is my computer right The only thing different I've done during that time frame is download a new version of my virus software I use AVG and had to download version Well it didn't download an actual exe file to my HD It used something like a download manager like what Firefox uses to update Anyway everything appeared to be working fine maybe it slowed my browser down a little because of the quot Link Scanner quot it uses but I was still connecting at Kbps with no problem Well after I started losing connection speed I jumped the gun and uninstalled AVG thinking that might be the problem it doesn't appear that it was Now I have no virus protection because my Internet speed is too slow to re-download it and the old exe file for version is about a year out of date and won't run correctly completely because I can't update it with speed I have I'm at loss right now I have no idea what's wrong and so have no clue how to address it Could my modem just be fading Should I buy a new one Any help you guys could give would be greatly appreciated If you have any questions please ask them It might take me a while to respond because of my speed issue though Thanks a lot in advance I apologize if this issue has already been addressed I wasn't able to really do an effective search with the connection I have

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271190/modem-connecting-at-extremely-slow-speed/
Relevancy 102.77%

I explain most of everything on this video just in advance upload packetloss speed, Very high of amounts low this is the first video I ve ever recorded so sorry if I m a little slow on explaining I have had Charter Communications in my house for years about months ago I noticed my upload speed at or less and my packet Very low upload speed, high amounts of packetloss loss at - at random times throughout the day I have troubleshooted absolutely EVERYTHING inside the home new modem directly connected to the modem second PC I m not a internet connection newbie So I called a Charter Tech out he came out and used his pingbox and pinged the line running into my modem and said it was dropping packets so he knew and agreed there was an issue with the connection he then walked outside and pinged the line running into the box on the side of the house and it wasn t dropping packets or it wasn t at the time he then determined that it was the lines running throughout my house so he ran all new cable wire from the box on the side of my house to the modem and cable TV Once he was finished running the new cable lines we came back in and the packet loss had stopped so I thanked him and sent him on his way the next morning I woke up and the same issue was happening so that clearly was not the problem I then called another Tech to come out and this time the Tech came out but the upload speed and packetloss issue wasn t happening so he pretty much said he can t help if there isn t an issue at the time SO MY QUESTION IS What do I do Do I keep calling Charter and have them send techs out all day until one comes out and the issue MIGHT be happening at the time they get here Sometimes the tech can t get here for days the issue might not be happening then I have been told I need a quot Line Tech quot but I have NO idea how to get one of those out Any advice would be STRONGLY appreciated nbsp

A:Very low upload speed, high amounts of packetloss

Keep calling and keep records of times and speeds.
After a few days you may see a pattern. If you do have a pattern, such as time of day, where the sun is warming up things and or drying out things.

We had a kinked over head line, that when it got warmed up it stretched and lost signal strength.
Then another time, a "Box" when cool we lost signal but when it warmed up and dried out we got the signal back.

But in your case it just may be the cable and/or a connection that are on your house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-low-upload-speed-high-amounts-of-packetloss.1172072/
Relevancy 102.77%

I just bought a new PC with vista home premium x64 and I have a linksys wireless adapter and share internet with my neighbors, with xp the internet ran fast and had no problems at all now that I got my new PC vista seems to be having a serious problem ... when i load internet explorer it sometimes takes 10-15 secs to even load google... i have vista anti-lag and wlan optimizer ... and they dont seem to work as well as alot of the other threads i have checked .... I would really appreciate if anyone can help me out with this issue! thanks

offering 10$ paypal to who ever solves the issue!!

A:Extremely Slow Interent/DL speed LAGS/FREEZES please help

In the computer industry, anything sold as an "optimiser" is almost guaranteed to be a scam. My suggestion would be to try to revert your configuration to default as much as possible - uninstall all "optimisers" and utilities promising to enhance your browsing or download speeds.

Also test and see what happens when you boot to [safe mode + net]. If that leads to a substantial increase in performance (back to normal), you could use the "selective startup" option in the MSCONFIG utility to try to find the culprit which slows things down in normal mode.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/226973-extremely-slow-interent-dl-speed-lags-freezes-please-help.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hello A couple of times in the last extremely - Internet fixes Restart slow speed few days my internet speed has Internet speed extremely slow - Restart fixes gone WAY down I Internet speed extremely slow - Restart fixes mean like Mbps down and barely anything up where I should Internet speed extremely slow - Restart fixes be getting Mbps down and up The first time I was on my wireless network so I tried unplugging everything and pluggin back in but it didn t work I connected directly to the modem Worked fine so I ditched the wireless and am currently wired Today had the same issue all of a sudden and noticed that Mozy was backing up Though it usually doesn t slow things that much I stopped the backup but the problem didn t go away I ve been checking my Processes and can t tell if anything is acting strange Is this a symptom of a virus or malware A restart seems to have fixed things for now Is there any program that anyone could recommend that would let me monitor what programs are using my network at a given time Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 102.77%

Hi I am new to this site. My internet speed is very unstable. I have a Buffalo Wireless Router. Whenever i put my mouse on the bottom right corner of the desktop and over the image of two computers and a ball (the wireless thing), it has full green bars. Then in a few moments it goes down to three green bars. then it goes back up to full bar. Sometimes it even goes down to two green bars... It makes my internet very laggy and it's getting annoying. also, i noticed that whenever i log into my computer, the internet signal is always "Identying.... Buffalo" Help anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-vista-internet-speed-extremely-unstable-help.769132/
Relevancy 102.77%

hi all, having a major issue with my SSD, all of a sudden it has terrible write speeds of only 1.5mb/s - I noticed a real slow down on PC, narrowed it down to SSD. Tested with various things, although read speed is ok, the write speed is atrocious. Tried it on both SATA 2 and 3 controllers and is the same, I have tried to delete it and clean using diskpart, recovery from image is taking 15 hours to write 139gb image in acronis, sure it should only take a couple of hours. Any help or advice appreciated please.

A:Extremely slow 1mb/s write speed on PNY xlr8 240gb SSD

Sounds like an issue for PNY support. I hope it's under warranty.

Have you tried new cabling? I assume you've tried all possible ports?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364910-extremely-slow-1mb-s-write-speed-pny-xlr8-240gb-ssd.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I have a 1 Mbps Airtel Broadband connection. However, despite a decent internet plan, my browsing speed is very slow. I don't get more than 0.5 Mb/s download speed. I was told that I have multiple viruses in my system. I downloaded and ran the ComboFix malware cleaner. I have the logs. Please let me know if I need to share them here.

A:Extremely Slow Browsing Speed in all internet browsers

Moved from Internet & Networking to a more appropriate forum. Tw

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/245203/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-in-all-internet-browsers/
Relevancy 102.77%

its taking forever to copy 4.5 gb file...

it doesnt take too long normally when im copying to my external hard drive(NESO hitachi xHDD 250GB)

normally copying a 800MB files takes less than a minute, this time it took >an hour D:

Windows 7 64 HP

A:Extremely SLOW file copying/moving speed sometimes

How full is the external HD?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/140903-extremely-slow-file-copying-moving-speed-sometimes.html
Relevancy 101.91%

I have been using a USB 2.0 Seagate 250GB external hard drive for a number of years and it's been working fine.

My laptop has USB 3.0 ports.

The last couple of weeks it's got really slow (less than a MBs) when transferring a video file.

I checked the hard drive for errors - none were found.
USB drivers are up to date Driver Booster 3 says.
Is there some settings I could try to speed things up?

As far as I know I've not changed anything so I don't know why it's suddenly got so slow.

A:Extremely slow transfer speed to external hard drive

If you right click the drive in Device Manager and look through the Properties you may see an option to either treat the drive as removable or permanent. Removable supposedly you can unplug without ejecting. But it is slow. Permanent supposedly enables write caching. Likely it was set to permanent before.

If nothing seems apropos you can try the old trick of deleting the drivers and rebooting. Plug and play will install the same drivers that were there but will do it "right" somehow. I have seen a lot of problems disappear just by doing this on a particular device. That is why support does it. Anecdotal success rate seems to me around 50%.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/75926-extremely-slow-transfer-speed-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hello
My desktop's internet speed is extremely slow, worse than dial-up, downloading a game off steam I get around 6/kbs whereas on a different computer using the same connection I could download up to 700/kbs.

I've tried using an ethernet cable and a wireless router with no different results.
The computer was shipped in the mail but I took it to a geek squad and he reconnected all the loose ends so it could still be a problem but im at a loss.

I did a fresh install of vista so I doubt my cookies could be bogging it down already.
I also don't have McAffe so its not that.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Relevancy 101.91%

Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 laptop that I bought in 2006 and it runs EXTREMELY slow, whether I am on the Internet or just doing basic tasks in Windows or MS Office. It has Windows XP, some basic software (like MS Office), and only a few files (because the hard drive crashed last year, so I only put a few files back on it, after installing the new hard drive). I know it's relatively old, but is there ANYTHING I can do to increase the speed of the computer, without buying additional memory? Any help I can get with increasing the speed will be greatly appreciated.

Also, I don't know if this is a different issue, but sometimes the laptop seems to get too hot (at the bottom) after being on for too long.

Thanks in advance.

A:Dell laptop runs extremely slow - need help boosting speed

First, make sure your vents are clear of dust. Heat can cause all kinds of issues. Do you have a cooling pad?

Second, have you scanned for infections?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-laptop-runs-extremely-slow-need-help-boosting-speed.167636/
Relevancy 101.91%

I have been using a USB 2.0 Seagate 250GB external hard drive for a number of years and it's been working fine.

My laptop has USB 3.0 ports.

The last couple of weeks it's got really slow (less than a MBs) when transferring a video file.

I checked the hard drive for errors - none were found.
USB drivers are up to date Driver Booster 3 says.
Is there some settings I could try to speed things up?

As far as I know I've not changed anything so I don't know why it's suddenly got so slow.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75926-extremely-slow-transfer-speed-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 101.91%

Hi Everyone.

I have recently had to format my hard drive and re-install windows. I have also had to replace the motherboard, CPU and power supply. I borrowed a 1.5 TB Freecom firewire external hard drive from a friend to back-up important data before the format, but the transfer speed is uselessly slow now that I am attempting to put the data back on the drive.

I have tried:

- updating the drivers for the firewire card
- switching to 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (legacy) in the device manager
- Optimizing the drive for 'better performance' as opposed to 'speedy removal' in the drive's properties.

As things stand at the moment, I am getting about 400 kb/ps transfer speed from the external to my on-board drive. As you can imagine, this is virtually useless to me, considering I have hundreds of gigabytes worth of data to transfer.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:Extremely slow transfer speed from external hard drive

The best option if the external HD offers an eSata port would be to plug the drive in by either an eSata port provided with the case you or by an addon eSata card. Even when backing things up on a drive in a usb enclosure like seeing a full system image made the data transfer rate slows to a crawl.

One example for that was an image made from a 7 laptop to the drive in the external enclosure taking some 3hrs. to finish from a 120gb drive with hardly anything on it and comparing that to an image totally 497gb made to another internal drive on the desktop here only taking about 35min.!

Unfortunately the only other option would be removing the drive from the self contained external casing it came in to install internally like I did with one WD Essentials 500gb model during the beta and RC testing of 7 simply to add in an extra drive. Otherwise you have to suffer with what the firewire bus will allow.

Of course if it did have an eSata port you could also open the side cover on the case while powered down long enough to plug the drive into a port on the board long enough to see everything copied over which would be faster but just a little awkward. Then you would be using the onboard sata controllers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233502-extremely-slow-transfer-speed-external-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I wasnt sure where to post this but for the past couple months my internet has been running a little slower and I have been getting bad lag on XBOX LIVE. I am connected through a wired Linksys Router and have Charter cable internet.

I went to speakeasy.com internet speed test and found that my download speed is 2938 kbps and my upload speed is 222kbps. Is there supposed to be such a large difference between the two and does have anything to do with my lagging connection?

A:download vs upload speed issues

I also ran a diagnostic test on my computer and it says: [00000001] Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller - failed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-vs-upload-speed-issues.456399/
Relevancy 100.62%

are there any ways to limit the download or upload speed of IE7?

A:How Can I Limit The Download Or Upload Speed Of Ie7?

Have you looked into a proxy?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/57645/how-can-i-limit-the-download-or-upload-speed-of-ie7/
Relevancy 100.62%

When I download something I'll get 160kbps Max on ATT DSL. I was uploading something to MediaFire and my Max speed was almost 500. I always thought DL speed was always faster than UL speed. I'm hoping to get better internet soon. If I try to connect to EA Servers on my Xbox 360, when I play Battlefield, my internet auto-restarts and then I can play.

A:Upload Speed is faster than Download

Look at the upload/download speeds very carefully. Is it mega-bits or mega-bytes per second. Big difference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/137616-upload-speed-faster-than-download.html
Relevancy 100.62%

My download speed according to speedtest.net is 2.23 Mbps. According to the at&t tech who came to the house it's closer to 3Mbps. (He came about a week ago to tell me my dsl modem had gone bad.) But, the highest download speed I can achieve is 300Kbps. I don't understand why. I have a new dlink router and modem in one. The network is all wired. Does anyone have any idea what cause this issue?

A:Download Upload speed limit

speedtest.net is the correct speed

downloading things is not just dependend on your connection but also on the connection where you are downloading from

for example if your connection is 2000kbps and the opposite connection has an upload speed of 500kbps you wont be able to download faster then 500kbps

also if your provider offers you a connection speed of 3mbps you will never get that exact ammount due to loss on the line its dependend how far away your house is to the main line (telephone central) and how far your modem is from the isra point in the house all those things together create a speed loss so nobody actually gets the maximum speed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/download-upload-speed-limit-500713.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello st time poster with a question- XPS gigahertz Intel Core I - windows megabytes of ram A BIOS The problem encountered was extremely slow screen loads some programs would time out other screens processor extreme in change speed and screen loads Extremely slow took forever to come up The spinning icon was very slow This happened the first time I started up the computer and Dell tech support had me run the F diagnostics all items passed so he had me update the BIOS from A to A and the problem was resolved This was a year and a half ago The same problem happened nights ago I first ran virus scan and malware scan All of them reported no issue I had Verizon reset my FIOS connection and check my Internet-no issue on their Extremely slow screen loads and extreme change in processor speed end I was finally able to resolve the issue the next morning by running the F diagnostics the long version took about hours or so and now the computer is back to Extremely slow screen loads and extreme change in processor speed normal Diagnostics were clean no issues reported and everything passed I have a program that gives a complete profile of my computer-The Belarc Advisor- I ran it while the problem was present and my processor shows a speed of gigahertz not gigahertz I reran the Belarc Advisor after the problem was resolved and now we are back to normal gigahertz Has anybody every encountered this issue or seen the processor speed change so dramatically and then return to normal

A:Extremely slow screen loads and extreme change in processor speed

Unless you mis-typed it, something was wrong with what Belarc found because there's no way a CPU could run at 57.65 GIGA-Hz.
Back up your personal files on external media ASAP, in case your hard drive is about to fail....

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19995779
Relevancy 99.76%

Starting around monday my internet download speed went from 25-30Mbps to 3 Mbps (tested with speedtest.net and the xfinity speed test.) I've done the tests on three separate computers: two running XP (one wireless, one wired) and one running win 8 (wired.) I've reset the modem (router is built in) as well as unplugged everything for a few minutes and plugged it back in. The modem/router are fairly new, the internet was setup only around 3 weeks ago. I did the dslreports.com line quality test and it showed 7% to 20% packet loss. What can I do to fix this?

Thank you for you time.

A:Download and upload speed randomly got much slower

Since you mentioned using the "xfinity" speed test may I assume that you have Comcast, or at least cable service from some company?

The problem could be anywhere from the ISP to the modem/router. Can you think of any changes around Monday? Such changes could be adding another device or appliance to the electrical circuit powering the modem/router, modifying the coax cables or connections in any way, utility work near the cable drop to your residence, high wind or lightning if you have above ground cables, etc.

If the modem/router is plugged into a surge protector or power strip have you tested with it connected directly to an outlet?

Have you checked with your ISP to see if they know of any problems or have had other complaints from your neighborhood?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-and-upload-speed-randomly-got-much-slower.1128255/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello there! we are having a Lan Party, and 4/5 people have 94Mbit download speed & 64mbit Upload speed.

the last person has 94 Mbit Download & 0.36 mbit upload, so something is definetly fishy here.

what we have done so far to try and fix it: Tried 3 diffrent cables (even cables others have used that have worked fine), tried connecting him to diffrent switches & directly to the main switch.

we have also updated hes network drivers, nothing has helped.
i myself have a degree in IT support, but i have never seen this before, so i am trying my luck on the interwebs & hoping someone somewhere have seen this issue. and hopefully hes network card is not fried.

A:94mbit Download | 0.36mbit Upload speed...

first thing to check there would be whether his antivirus/firewall is interfering with uploading

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/94mbit-download-0-36mbit-upload-speed.1090422/
Relevancy 99.76%

Can anyone maybe tell me how I can raise my download speed/upload speed at uTorrent files?
I am downloading Assassins creed 2 atm, before it was like 500 kb/s.
Now, the download speed is 82 and upload speed is 50kb/s.

Maybe anyone knows how to fix this?
Ty.

A:How to get fasther download/upload speed at uTorrent

Read the rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-get-fasther-download-upload-speed-at-utorrent.920168/
Relevancy 99.76%

I m having problems with Wifi download speeds on my new laptop I have ATT Wireless speed DOWNLOAD problem (Upload okay) DSL at home and a Wire HW wireles modem -bit encryption My desktop download upload speed ratio via ethernet is typically kbps--tested consistently through different sites including the ATT speed test page My new laptop s wireless readings however are kbps--yes kbps for download times slower than the upload speed Occasionally once in a blue moon the download speed can go up to kbps for a few secs and Wireless DOWNLOAD speed problem (Upload okay) then drops again The consistent Wireless DOWNLOAD speed problem (Upload okay) continual download speed is around kbps Connection strength btw is shown as excellent in Windows wireless assistant s tray When connected via ethernet the laptop readings are the same as those of the desktop A friend s older Toshiba laptop had kbps readings on that same wireless connection last tested about two weeks ago I ve talked and run several tests with the ATT and Wire guys No help--as far as they can tell there is no problem with the line or the modem My drivers are up to date I ve installed Intel s Wireless Management Suite to see if it could help but it s made no difference Any clues as to what might be causing the download slowdown and how I can fix it Thanks in advance for responses nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-download-speed-problem-upload-okay.513652/
Relevancy 98.47%

Recently, I reinstalled my Netgear wna3100 driver. Ever since then, I've been experiencing problems with high pings in games where I normally never had problems with. Pages load slowly even just the home page of Google.

I've attached my ipconfig picture. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

A:High download speed and signal, high ping in games, slow page loads

To Disable Selective Suspend:

open the control panel
go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
click change plan settings
in the window that opens:
click change plan settings
click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.

I would also (while the device is plugged in)
go into the control panel - system - device manager - click the properties for it and make sure it's set to always on there as well.
I don't think the ipconfig can tell us much here since it's a data rate problem of some sort and not a actual connection problem from the sound of it.

The two things I mention above will hopefully keep your system from putting the device in 'low power mode' which may , or may not help your current problem.

I'm also curious if your system has recently slowed down in any other ways?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/217518-high-download-speed-signal-high-ping-games-slow-page-loads.html
Relevancy 98.47%

windows home premium intel core i ghz dual core toshiba satellite L -S I have just started experiencing a dramatic decrease in my upload and download speeds I am not sure what happened but it started out of no where I had noticed that my web pages started lagging really bad and sometimes they do not load at all I scanned my computer with malwarebytes and it came up with nothing I then scanned with tdsskiller and it found nothing also I then downloaded and ran adwcleaner and that found nothing I then in sudden upload download and Solved: drop speed ran rkill and again that found nothing either so i unplugged my router and reset it That did not make a difference I have cleaned out the cache in internet explorer and google chrome still made no difference This does not happen in just chrome but internet explorer also so i know its not the browser I am about at my wits end with this Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed whats funny is that the computer itself runs and boots up great it is as fast as it has always been It is only when i am on the internet Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed that i have the problem Normally my upload speed is mbps download speed is normally mbps Now my upload speed Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed is not even mb and my download speed is at mbps my ping is normally and now it is help me please P S I should also note that this is what is showing on my connection status Bytes sent Recieved nbsp

A:Solved: sudden drop in upload and download speed

I have figured out that it is my service provider causing the problem.will have to call them this morning to find out what is going on.I have 3 computers here.They were all doing the same thing.slow uploads and downloads.The same as i was getting on mine.sorry for the inconvenience.thankyou

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sudden-drop-in-upload-and-download-speed.1119734/
Relevancy 98.47%

Like the topic says-my internet download speed slows down after 3PM, but my upload stays fine. I know this doesent have to do with website traffic. I tried setting up a server from a firneds computer and downloading from there-same problem.
I went on speedtest.net. Here are my current results:
Upload-794kbps
Download-334kbps

The results at 12PM has the same upload speed, but the download speed was almost 10 times higher. More like-
Upload-734kbps
Download-3424kbps.

What could be the problem?

A:Download Speed Slowing Down After Afternoon-upload Is Fine

It's either traffic or throttling or bottlenecking, as they would call it.1. Maybe you're downloading something and they're monitoring it?2. Does this happen all the time, or has this just started happening? Maybe they're upgrading, or making hardware changes, during those times.3. Have you contacted your isp about this?4. And when you say you tried setting up a server from a friends computer, are you saying that you both are using the same isp company?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/84191/download-speed-slowing-down-after-afternoon-upload-is-fine/
Relevancy 98.47%

11934 kbps download
1567 kbps upload

How do I figure out the Mbps?

A:Are these good download/upload speed test results?

Mbps is Kbps divide by 1000. If you want to convert Mbps to Kbps, then multiply by 1000.

So:
11.934 Mbps download
1.567 Mbps upload

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/are-these-good-download-upload-speed-test-results.656511/
Relevancy 98.47%

I don't know if this really belongs here but you guys have been great answering my questions so far This is the issue I have Blast internet from Comcast If I test my download and upload speeds using quot Speakeasy quot direct without my router I get the results below Download speed Mbs Upload speed Mbs After shutting down the laptop and modem I reboot the modem After the modem is up I connect the router Then I reboot the laptop Checking the download and upload speeds again with quot Download and Speed Internet [SOLVED] Question Upload Speakeasy quot I get the following results Download speed Mbs Upload speed Mbs The upload speeds are comparable However the download speed is reduced substantially when using the router I could pose this question to Comcast but their support is just inadequate to say the least And I don't [SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question want to rush out and buy another router if it won't help the situation My question is Is my router that [SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question inefficient Do I need to look at purchasing another one If so can you provide some suggestions on what model etc I appreciate any advice you can provide Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Internet Download and Upload Speed Question

I had the same problem recently after a speed update with a fairly new Cisco Small Biz router and it means your router is "biting the dust" I'm afraid or simply not capable of these higher speeds. Finding a router to maintain speeds, or be capable of utilizing these upgraded speeds is getting tougher and tougher. I picked up a DLink DIR825 that instantly read the high 50 speeds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-internet-download-and-upload-speed-question-850650.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Guys,

Whats the best tool, or software to use to test upload and download network speed?

Something that will tell me the KB or the MB upload/downloads from a server to a client locally.

Thanks

A:Solved: How to test LAN Upload And Download Speed - Small Business

UPDATE :

Nevermind, solved - Used Robocopy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-to-test-lan-upload-and-download-speed-small-business.780291/
Relevancy 93.74%

I bought a router and I connected:
PC Windows 7 32bit (fast browsing fast downloading)
iPhone (fast browsing)
Laptop Windows 7 64bit (slow browsing but fast downloading)

How to make browsing fast in Laptop. It's very very slow.

A:slow browsing but high download speed !!!!

Are you running a torrent application that is seeding torrents? If so set your maximum upload rate to about 75%-80% of your total upload speed. More information is needed to furthur assist you. What browser, what router, Internet speed, Apps installed, firewall, Antivirus, blah, blah, blah. This is a really hard problem to diagnose with the information you provided.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/106840-slow-browsing-but-high-download-speed.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi ive been havign a problem with my internet for the past few weeks i have - effected download speed ping un High had High ping - download speed un effected an extremly high ping making it imposible to play video games on my xbox and making it imposible to use websites like youtube however my download speed remains uneffected my ping can range from all the way up to i was wondering if something within my network could be casueing the high ping my modem is connected to a linksys router which connects to sevral computers downstairs also it is connceted to a long ethernet cable to my bedroom where a ethernet hub splits to two cables one for my xbox and one for my pc would this cause a proplem with ping i will submit some more speed tests later to show the higher ping it fluctuates all day its not time depentant which makes me think its not the isp s fault nothing to do with everone usign the internet at the same time nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 92.45%

Did something get into my computer Defender didn't find anything Avira didn't find anything Trouble with slow downloads Linecheck for DSL shows good upload speed and slow download speed At times the CPU use is and above in the windows task manager Verizon DSL help desk Virus? Spyware? use/slow download CPU speed High said problem seems to be in computer because of CPU use Download DSL speed shows kbps Virus? Spyware? High CPU use/slow download speed instead of kbps which is line speed DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Fred at on Fri Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AntiVir Desktop On-access scanning enabled Updated AD - F - A-A -FDD C Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX smax exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Fred Desktop dds com Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www drudgereport com BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background mRun HP Software Update c program files hp hp software update HPWuSchd exe mRun DiscWizardMonitor exe c program files seagate discwizard DiscWizardMonitor exe mRun AcronisTimounterMonitor c program files seagate discwizard TimounterMonitor exe mRun Seagate Scheduler Service quot c program files common files seagate schedule schedhlp exe quot mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun avgnt quot c program files avira antivir desktop avgnt exe quot min mRun Windows Defender quot c program files windows defender MSASCui exe quot -hide mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun SoundMax quot c program files analog devices soundmax smax exe quot tray mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices soundmax SMax PNP exe mRun Adobe ARM quot c program files common files adobe arm AdobeARM exe quot dRunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe StartupFolder c docume fred startm programs startup erunta lnk - c program files erunt AUTOBACK EXE DPF DirectAnimation Java Classes - file c windows java classes dajava cab DPF Microsoft XML Parser for Java - file c windows java classes xmldso cab DPF vzTCPConfig - hxxp www verizon net help dsl settings include vzTCPConfig CAB DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E - hxxps support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab DPF E F - B - D - - BD D - hxxp pcpitstop com betapit PCPitStop CAB DPF B -A CF- C - F- CFC A - hx... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-spyware-high-cpu-use-slow-download-speed-447284.html
Relevancy 92.02%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 92.02%

I ran a speed test and I got a happy 20Mbps download and a not so happy 2Mbps upload. Why such a difference? I tried loading a video onto Facebook and I ended up cancelling because it took so long. Any way to better the performance?

A:speed test/upload speed

that's normally what isp's offer here the upload is approx 1/16th of the d/l speed unless you open a business account and you need a registered business to open one

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/speed-test-upload-speed-456868.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a laptop running XP home.I have plugged my new CD burner into the USB port and I am now getting the above message.I may be nuts,but I don't think I was getting this message 2 days ago when I first plugged the device in.
Device manager shows the followingno problems with devices)

USB root hub driver M/S 7/1/2001 V 5.1.2600.0
VIA rev5 or later USB universal host controller VIA technologies with same driver info

USB Mass storage device(cd burner)

Everything seems to be working fine.I am using the on board XP burning software with no problems.
If this is something that I can easily correct,I'd like to.

Have made no hardware or software changes after adding the burner.
Thanks for any info.

Relevancy 90.73%

I live in Arkansas. I have a crappy ISP named Cablesouth Media 3. My download speed is supposed to be 10 mbps, upload is supposed to be 1 mbps. My ping used to be 30 to 40 ms all through the day and I could game to my heart's content on my high end rig. Now during the afternoon. My ping jumps to 200 to 300 ms and my download speed can flux from 9 to .5 mbps, my upload going from 1 to .3 mbps. Here is the trace route I ran this afternoon.

Tracing route to google.com [216.58.218.206]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.0.1
2 7 ms 9 ms 12 ms 10.7.28.1
3 9 ms 8 ms 11 ms 12.139.48.1
4 336 ms 315 ms 270 ms 12.127.116.193
5 294 ms 259 ms 274 ms 12.122.157.118
6 363 ms 357 ms 352 ms cr2.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.157.97]
7 325 ms 333 ms 350 ms ggr1.dlstx.ip.att.net [12.122.138.189]
8 306 ms 334 ms 307 ms 12.249.214.22
9 293 ms 335 ms 290 ms 72.14.233.67
10 267 ms 276 ms 246 ms 209.85.246.213
11 328 ms 336 ms 307 ms dfw06s47-in-f206.1e100.net [216.58.218.206]

Trace complete.

Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ping-low-download-speed-high-in-morning-both-turn-to-crap-in-afternoon.1154991/
Relevancy 90.73%

I moved into a city that has 1gbps fiber and I got it. I set my computer up to run Ubuntu or Windows 7 in the Ubuntu OS I have full speed, like 980mbps but in Windows I can only get around 370mbps, they informed me that it was a know issue which is why they carry around laptops with Ubuntu instead of windows to troubleshoot there system. Anyone have any clue on this, I cant even imagine where to start looking for the setting or fix. Thanks

A:Limited fiber download speed in windows 7 full speed in linux

1gbps is fantastic. I suspect the Windows problem is a driver problem. Did you check the Windows 10TP. Maybe they fixed it. But then, the really big chunks you can always download with Ubuntu. I envy you, LOL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/363131-limited-fiber-download-speed-windows-7-full-speed-linux.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I recently upgraded my internet service and found that speed test results from speedtest.net and speakeasy.com were giving me download results that were ~ half of what I was supposed to be getting ( 9Mbs vs 16Mbs). I called the ISP and they suggested I restart in safe mode w/ networking and run the tests again. I did and the results of the test were surprising. I was getting the 16Mbs download speed that I signed up for. The tech suggested that I may be infected with something. I run several free programs (Mbam, avg, avast, ect.) to try to aviod these things, but it seems as though something may have gotten through. Any help that you guys may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. Btw, no error messages and I am running Windows XP. Thanks in advance.

A:Pc speed test download speed significantly faster in safe mode

I take it MBam is updayted and run..Rerun MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when doneclick Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.Next run ATF and SAS: If you cannot access Safe Mode,run in normal ,but let me know.Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".From your regular user account..Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)Using the F8 MethodRestart your computer. When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu. Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys. Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode. Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post logs and Let us know how the PC is running now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/303206/pc-speed-test-download-speed-significantly-faster-in-safe-mode/
Relevancy 90.73%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model ping problems and good Actual download but speed test speed Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Actual download speed problems but good ping and speed test D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Sunbelt VIPRE Updated and Enabled I m having a problem with my download speeds I don t have an ultra high connection just mb s My speed tests confirm that is exactly what I m getting but when I actually download something it goes to kb s and will go no higher I ve contacted my ISP and they say it s my computer The speed test is showing what it should but I just can t get past I ve ran several malware spyware and virus tests and they all come out clean I m at the end of my rope Don t have a clue what to do next to get my speed up This is what shows on IPCONFIG ALL Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users David gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name David-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Physical Address - E- - - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Thursday February AM Lease Expires Friday February AM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap B E-F C - - F F- F ECB br B Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users David gt nbsp

Relevancy 90.3%

i tried to plug in my ipod and something pops up that says this: Hi Speed USB plugged into a non high speed port. and it transfers the songs real slow into my ipod. i dont have the driver discs. what should i do.

Relevancy 90.3%

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

A:HIGH speed USB hub running at FULL speed.H

Quote: Originally Posted by wr332

after dealing with PCI usb hub. i went and got external usb hubs and yes it worked on windows 7, but only FULL speed, my cam went from fast to laggie, iphone connect to usb hub had a message " it can perform faster if connect to a high speed port" , i check under device manager and it says " the device is operating on FULL SPEED "

i have check online, full speed = 12 mb/s , high speed = 480 mb/s

are there any ways to change this?

First question... Are they high speed hubs?
I have an older 4 port Dlink here that's never run 480... looking into the chip on the internal circuit board, it turns out to be a 12mbps chip... you can slow them down, but you can't scare them into running faster.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/78300-high-speed-usb-hub-running-full-speed-h.html
Relevancy 90.3%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 90.3%

Dear friends

Could you help me figure out why it is that I have trouble browsing in high speed despite the fact that the wireless adapter receives data at 1 Mbps minimum? I haven't been able to watch videos on Youtube, read the news etc because the browser takes ages to load the full page. I checked which applications are connected and they haven't exchanged much data as you can see below:

Excuse my English!

Thank you.

A:Low speed internet despite high speed provided by ISP

Any ideas?
Thank you!

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/16973-low-speed-internet-despite-high-speed-provided-isp.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi there.

I've a canon a480 digital camera and I'm connecting it to an asus m2n mx se motherboard. Both devices are high speed but the camera is recognized as a full speed device.

I'm running windows xp service pack 2. I checked the device manager and the enhanced usb host controller is listed and seems to be working OK.

So...I'm stuck...Any hints will be greatly appreciated!

A:USB high speed working only as full speed.

anyone ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-high-speed-working-only-as-full-speed.869792/
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi All,

I have an Adaptec USB 2 Connect 4000 B in my PC and just realized that two of the ports are not recognized as high speed. I was running off of the windows default driver so I went and updated the driver and after all ports were "optimized" I thought the problem was solved. However, now the computer does not recognize anything that is plugged into the card. I can roll back to the windows default but was curious if anyone has any thoughts as to why only 2 ports would come up as high-speed.

Any help is appreciated.

A:Hi-Speed USB ports not registering as high speed

Some hardware have USB 2.0 and 1.1 backward compability un seperate USB ports. It can also come from the device you connect and also the USB card's speed compared to your PC.

Try rolling back to the Windows default settings. If nothing can be detected still, that can be a presence of hardware defect. Return and exchange.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hi-speed-usb-ports-not-registering-as-high-speed-119828.html
Relevancy 89.44%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html