Windows Support Forum

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer?

Q: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer?

Hi Can anyone please tell me whether the above video card will work in my computer I would also like to upgrade the ram but don t know if I should stay with what I have and just add another slot or change the ram My computer details are Personal Desktop S NZ - Dell Studio XPS Desktop Base System -Studio XPS Base Processor Options -Intel R Core TM i - in GeForce work GTX this Gigabyte will 670... computer? my Processor GHz MB -Intel R Core TM i Label Operating System -Pre-Loaded Genuine Windows Vista R Home Premium bit OEM Version -Genuine Windows Vista R Home Premium bit SP Edition English -Genuine Windows Vista R Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer? Home Premium Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer? bit SP English DVD Media Included -Vista QFE OS Home Premium bit SP -Dell TM PC Restore Software -Vista R HTML Guide Included -Dell TM Dock Software - -Genuine Windows Vista TM Premium label Included Dell Services Hardware M - -year XPS Premier Service with -year CompleteCo aintenance ver - Years Priority PC User x Support Round-The- Clock Technical Assistance Dell Services Datasafe B -Dell Online Backup GB ackup Service - MOD SW DTSV OL - MOD SW DTSV OL GB-free -To activate your online backup account go to Sta rt Programs Datasafe Online Freight Charges -Dimension Desktop XPS-MT Handling amp Insurance Cha rges Monitor -Dell S W quot Full HD Widescreen Flat Panel Mo nitor Memory - GB X GB DDR SDRAM MHz Memory nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670... will this work in my computer?

What's your motherboard model and PSU?
You also need to check if the card will physically fit in the case, that card is 275mm long.

If you want to upgrade the RAM I'd recommend just getting a new 6GB kit, RAM is very cheap nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-670-will-this-work-in-my-computer.184749/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey guys Help me out in jumping down on a final decision Now let me give you some info and specs about my Rig - i k - ASRock Fatal ty H Performance CrossFireX Ready SLI not supported - GB G Skill will upgrade later - Cooler Master GX w - Samsung LCD Monitor x Native Here are OC Gigabyte GTX 7870 Gigabyte vs GeForce OC HD Radeon 760 cards I would like you guys to choose from and why GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC vs Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC ATI - PCI Express Solution - Radeon HD series - GV-R OC- GD GIGABYTE - Graphics Card - NVIDIA - PCI Express Solution - GeForce Series - GV-N OC- GD rev Also I know the GTX is newer and has PhysX Support but it's costing more than the HD also my motherboard does not have SLI Support but it's CrossFireX Ready and I wanna play all new games at maxed out settings if possible and I have LCD that has a x Native Res There are chances that I might get p Monitor in Q or Q next year The is available for and GTX for in my currency and country These are the least prices I can Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC vs Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC found and Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC vs Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC now you have all the info please help me choose which one would be good for me in terms of Price Performance and most of all Power Consumption as we have frequent black outs and my UPS has little backup time to turn things off especially when gaming while system is running at PEAK

A:Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 OC vs Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC

Personally I'd to for the 760.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/305400-gigabyte-radeon-hd-7870-oc-vs-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-760-oc.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys i need your help i was thinking of getting a GT 440 to replace my card now i know about the psu and i need a new one for this card but will the Dell Inspiron Case make the card too hot? will it overheat?

A:Gigabyte Geforce GT 440 1gb

It's an entry level card so it shouldn't get too hot. They also come with various heatsinks and fans, some only have a fan, others have small fans while others have large fans and take up two slots.

But it depends on the exact model of Inspiron you have as there are hundreds of different models with significantly different case designs and sizes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-geforce-gt-440-1gb.1048714/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi So one day while playing Portal my system GTS Geforce 450 GIGABYTE with Freezes froze no reactin to neither mouse nor keyboard I reinstalled Windows disabled services installed drivers and many other things for many times and I still got the following problem I can boot Windows normally only without the graphics driver Otherwise it freezes at the Welcome screen sometimes the screen switches itself on and off for a few times too and I Freezes with GIGABYTE Geforce GTS 450 have no other Freezes with GIGABYTE Geforce GTS 450 choice but to manually restart the computer Everything works fine in safe mode I have already moved my RAM sticks ran chkdsk reinstalled Windows tmes tried different drivers and ran system repair - but Freezes with GIGABYTE Geforce GTS 450 without any success There are a few suspicions I have Graphics driver failure Corrupted hard-drive Corrupted memory The first one seems the most realistic problem to me but I've read about similar identical cases about system freezes that have been fixed with changing memory hdd so the others are possible too Also I don't think there's something wrong with the graphics card as without any drivers there are no problems Hope here are some smart guys who could help me with my problem System Windows Ultimate x operating system GIGABYTE Nvidia Geforce GTS GB graphics card x GB memory AMD Athlon x Mhz processor MSI -C motherboard GB hard disc

A:Freezes with GIGABYTE Geforce GTS 450

Let's see if it created any dump files to be viewed, Click on yoda below and use the BSOD posting instructions to see if you find anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/145047-freezes-gigabyte-geforce-gts-450-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently purchased this computer (will arrive in a few days): http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertr...ack/1625383.p?id=1219058145096&skuId=1625383#

It comes with the Geforce Gt 620, and I was looking to upgrade that. A friend has the GeForce Gt 630 and says he can play most of todays games on it (Dying Light, DA: I, Arkham Origins), albeit on lower settings. Will a 630 be able to fit/work with the pc I linked above? If so, are there cards out there that do the job better that I could replace it for similar prices with, and if not, what other cards could I get to replace the 620?

A:Will a Geforce Gt 630 or better fit/work on this computer?

GeForce GT 620

GeForce GT 630

There's no mention or description of the power supply that comes in that Cybertron desktop, so hopefully it's adequate.

Always go by "recommended" and not by "minimum" system requirements, especially when you're dealing with gaming.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-geforce-gt-630-or-better-fit-work-on-this-computer.1142648/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi,
I've got a Gigabyte 256mb Geforce 6600, I 've got the beta NGO drivers installed, I want to overclock this graphics card. The default core clock speed is 450 MHZ, the default memory clock speed is 501 MHZ. I need a few stable values that will work without giving me trouble.

Could you please assist me with this request.

Relevancy 60.2%

Dear All,

I have an Inspiron Desktop 660 MT  that is NOT anymore in warranty. 
I bought a new Graphic card from Gigabyte – Geforce GTX 960(GV-N960IXOC-2GD), but when I installed I verified that I needed to connect an external power supply for the Graphic card.
The actual power supply (B300PM-00) is enough to supply the desktop and the new graphic card. I would like to know what power supply Should I buy for the new configuration of the desktop.

Could you support me with this doubt ?

Thanks in advance

A:Inspiron Desktop 660 MT - Gigabyte – Geforce GTX 960

EVGA Super NOVA B1 750W power supply.
B2 and G2 models do not work
P/N: 110-B1-0750-VR
The specific reason is that the B2 and G2 models only have 120W on the 3.3v 5v rails vs 150W on the B1 model. 
http://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=110-B1-0750-VR

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19994820
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi Few days ago I've decided to try Windows RTM on my computer like Longhorn before Somehow I've managed to get Internet Connection Sharing problem GeForce Gigabyte FX5500 driver - working and my SpeedTouch USB modem but I have a problem with GeForce FX When using XP drivers everything is fine except of Aero System rating Gigabyte GeForce FX5500 - driver problem and software which require access to my graphics card bluescreen with WMP some computer games etc I've decided to use Vista drivers but System booted But instead of logon screen I've seen something like signal noise on my television but motionless and colorful After few seconds monitor turned off itself Using Safe Mode I've uninstalled Vista drivers and tried those from Windows Update Installation Gigabyte GeForce FX5500 - driver problem was succesful I've rebooted my computer and Screen looks like with Vista Drivers but half of screen was black So I'm looking for Windows compatible drivers Of course they must work with my graphics card so I could test every feature and write review for my Gigabyte GeForce FX5500 - driver problem WordPress Blog Move this thread If it would fit better to some other category

A:Gigabyte GeForce FX5500 - driver problem

Hi there,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but from what I can tell by researching this, no one has had any success getting Windows 7 to play nice with a GeForce FX 5500 :/ I hope these links save you the time and frustration of discovering that on your own! Let me know if you'd like some recommendations on video cards that are fully compatible with Windows 7.

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/61013-gigabyte-geforce-fx5500-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have been trying to install the correct dirvers for this device, since installing Win 7, and cannot,
Device manager says drivers are 8.17.12.7061
Win sys 32 has the following:
nv_acp.sys 6.1.7600.16385;
nv4_mini.sys 6.14.10.9131
nvlddmkm.sys 8.17.12.7061
bvraid.sys 10.6.10.18
nvstor.sys 10.6.0.18

When I try to update the drivers, it says I have the current drivers. My Nvida desktop manager, says there are compatability issues.
I did a clean install with 270.61 drivers, didn't work.
After a few minutes of playing games, mouse becomes sluggish, and games run slow.

What now?

A:geForce 7300 LE w/ Gigabyte NX73L accelerator

Performance tool, rates graphic at 3.7, and gaming graphic at3.5

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/164732-geforce-7300-le-w-gigabyte-nx73l-accelerator.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys My first thread in this forum I need some useful advices on my Geforce 320MB GTS, advice 8800 need Gigabyte case I have recently bought this card mentioned in the subject and expected to be an extreme gamer However the result made me so disappointed The card did not run very well on Fear expansion Overlord and Flight Simulator X Whatever games i tried they Gigabyte Geforce 320MB 8800 GTS, need advice seem not to be at their best resolution Even i tried using x resolution still very laggy Overall the result is not what it is supposed to be for this high end Gigabyte Geforce 320MB 8800 GTS, need advice card So i Gigabyte Geforce 320MB 8800 GTS, need advice need some advices on how to solve this case what should i change to increase performance in my system Specs given in attachments This is a brief specs Microsoft Windows XP SP Intel Pentium D GHZ Gigabyte Geforce MB GTS Gb Kingmax RAM single channel P LD - TVM Asus Motherboard PCI-E intel G chipset GB hard drive Power Logic W W pure power power supply I read the manual instruction of the card and it said to have minimum GB of RAM for better performance Could this be the problem since i only have GB RAM single channel Also the requirements also said to have a power supply of W to be able to run this card W here is pure power or just standard I have attached the details of my specs in the attachment for anyone who wanna have a clear look at my case Thank you all and i am hoping to get back some replies ASAP nbsp

A:Gigabyte Geforce 320MB 8800 GTS, need advice

Intel Pentium D 2.8GHZ with this processer u are not going to be an extreme gamer and 2 gig of mem. would be better for most any thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-geforce-320mb-8800-gts-need-advice.82129/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I am very new to this and to this point have had systems built by a reseller but this time decided to take on the effort myslf so please be kind Here is the issue I have recently purchased three boards from Gigabyte co recommended by a friend along with three MSI nVidia GeForce Ti X cards I cannot find a voltage rating for the card or on Ti 4600/Gigabyte GA-7VRX issue 4 GeForce MSI s site The specs on the board for the agp slot is as follows x AGP Universal slot X X-AGP compliant From my research so far about agp factors V has three modes- X X amp X data transfer speeds The connector types for are V keyed V keyed amp universal supports both amp V So it leads me to believe that the above card will work with the system board It get interesting however The GeForce does not seem to fit into the connector The end along the side that you put a screw in does not come up flush against the side almost like you would have to put pressure on it which I tried with no luck I have tried all three cards with the same results I can however take the cards to other pc s in the office and they fit just fine I take the Geforce cards from the office pc s GA- VTXH x AGP X slot and they go in fine into the new Gigabyte boards Any ideas as to what might be the GeForce 4 Ti 4600/Gigabyte GA-7VRX issue issue I am not sure if it is a bad batch of cards or boards nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I am looking to buy a used NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT graphics card or Radeon HD 2900 Pro off ebay. The reason is I want to be able to run the Alan Wake PC game.

I know its not the newest card out there but I think its much better than the one I currently have. Can anyone tell me if it will work with my computer please ?

I have an Acer Aspire ACPIx64 -based PC Desktop computer. I filled out as many system specs as I could, but I couldn't for some, as I am not very technically inclined. Based on the info given though, can anyone tell me if the graphics card will work/fit in my computer and do I need a particular socket/connection type?

Also, if I'd need anything else, such as a better power supply?

Thanks

A:Would a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT work with my computer ?

Well from GeForce site :8800GT requires 400 Watt power supply,6-pin and 8-pin connectors.
I would suggest you to get 500/550 Watt 18A +12V 1DC good quality power supply as 8800GT on full load requires almost 10 Amps on +12V rail.

Considering other hardware,you should be fine although your 8800GT might be a bottleneck to your i5.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/378712-would-nvidia-geforce-8800-gt-work-my-computer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I am looking to buy a used NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX graphics card off ebay. It's in great condition, and I know its not the newest card out there but I think its much better than the one I currently have. Can anyone tell me if it will work with my computer? I have an HP Pavilion a6826f Desktop computer. I filled out as many system specs as I could, but I couldn't for some, as I am not very technically inclined. Based on the info given though, can anyone tell me if the graphics card will work/fit in my computer?

Thank you so much!

A:Would a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX work with my computer

You will need a new power supply. According to the specs of your computer it says you have a 250watt power supply and the video card says to at least have 450watts of power.So yes it should work fine on your computer but you will need a power supply with higher wattage of at least 450watts.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222255-would-nvidia-geforce-8800-gtx-work-my-computer.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm deliberating between these two graphic cards before buying - which one is better and why?

TIA

A:Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD4850 vs nVIDIA GeForce 9800GT

4850 is about 15% better in general, at least. I highly recommend it, my new 4850 totally brought my games alive. It's about the best bang for your buck today.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-ati-radeon-hd4850-vs-nvidia-geforce-9800gt.767471/
Relevancy 58.91%

I need a videocard that's slimmer since the one I got blocks a pci-e slot I need Will Gigabyte Geforce G work well with this set up Computer Model OEM System Product Name To Be Filled By O E M Serial Number System Serial ASUS be GeForce compatible M4N68T? Gigabyte with G210 Will Number Chassis Chassis Manufacture Desktop Mainboard ASUS M N T Serial Number MT BIOS AMI OEM Total Memory GB DIMM DDR Processors Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor C GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Chipset Memory Controller AMD F Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T? Athlon Opteron Sempron HT Hub x GHz GHz FSB x GB DIMM DDR Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T? x MHz Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T? GHz Memory Module s Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Memory Module A-Data GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - - - - - - - Video System Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v SM GHz MB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x Graphics Processor Storage Devices Seagate ST A GB ATA quot MB Cache GB D SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache GB C I Hitachi HDS PLA GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache GB E SAMSUNG HD LJ GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache GB F TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S F ATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A G Disk DVD -R CD-R kB Cache N A H Logical Storage Devices D GB NTFS Seagate ST A GB ATA quot MB Cache I MB NTFS SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache E GB NTFS Hitachi HDS PLA GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache F GB NTFS SAMSUNG HD LJ GB SATA quot rpm MB Cache C GB NTFS SAMSUNG HD SJ TB SATA quot rpm MB Cache Optical Drive G N A TSSTcorpCDDVDW SH-S F ATA DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache Optical Drive H N A Disk DVD -R CD-R kB Cache Peripherals LPC Hub Controller ASUS MCP LPC Bridge LPC Legacy Controller T - Audio Device ASUS MCP High Definition Audio Audio Codec VIA VT S HD Audio Audio Device h Serial Port s Parallel Port s Disk Controller ASUS MCP LPC Bridge Disk Controller ASUS MCP Memory Controller Disk Controller ASUS MCP IDE Disk Controller ASUS MCP SATA Controller Disk Controller ASUS MCP SATA Controller USB Controller ASUS MCP USB Controller USB Controller ASUS MCP USB Controller FireWire Controller VT VIA Fire II IEEE- OHCI Link Layer Controller SMBus i c Controller nVidia MCP SMBus SMBus i c Controller nVidia MCP SMBus Network Services Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Ethernet Mbps Operating System Windows System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack Platform Compliance x I don't play alot of computer games but watch alot of movies and make alot of music on this computer does this sound like an ok setup

A:Will Gigabyte GeForce G210 be compatible with ASUS M4N68T?

Why not? It's about the lowest-end card in its series, but it may serve your needs.

Be wary of the fanless versions of the card, though. They may have large heatsinks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/225874-will-gigabyte-geforce-g210-compatible-asus-m4n68t.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I bought some hardware GT) GV-NXT512H 8600 display + problems (GeForce M2N32 Gigabyte yesterday and with M2N32 + Gigabyte GV-NXT512H (GeForce 8600 GT) display problems the help of a friend we managed to build the computer in a few hours Yet when I tried to power on the computer I got no display just the monitor s OSD telling No Signal After taking the card off and reseating it in the PCI-Express x slot several times I tried both slots in my motherboard I m coming to the conclusion that my card might be a goner While it doesn t cost that much to buy a new card and I ll might use the warrant I have to get a new one I d like to consult the people here for some help beforehand What surprised us was the fact that there were no place for a power cord on the card so I just guess it gets its power from the motherboard sigh And here I thought I could finally say goodbye to the fps days of WoW And no I can t think this is a power issue as I have a W power supply and currently there is only the graphics card and motherboard connected to the PSU Here are the product info links for my motherboard and graphics card Motherboard http www asus com products aspx l amp l amp l amp model amp modelmenu Graphics card http www gigabyte com tw Products VGA Products Overview aspx ProductID EDIT Solved a while ago it was just me who forgot to tell the news even though I promised to tell you firsthand when an update is necessary I want to say I m happy for all the help I got here nbsp

A:M2N32 + Gigabyte GV-NXT512H (GeForce 8600 GT) display problems

what forceware version?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/m2n32-gigabyte-gv-nxt512h-geforce-8600-gt-display-problems.100521/
Relevancy 57.19%

Heres my question can i run my motherboard a ECS elitgroup GF8200A Black Series on Geforce Boost with a Geforce 8600gts 256mb GDDR3
Heres the card---
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814186036

Ill Post my PSU later if needed its 400w with no pci-e slot can it still work?

A:GeForce Boost work with Geforce 8600gts 256MB GDDR3?

if you dont have a pci e slot then you cant get the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-boost-work-with-geforce-8600gts-256mb-gddr3.107698/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all
I recently posted a thread about pixelated lines when i play games as I have just upgraded my machine.After much hunting I found out from the onsite tech that there is a compatibility issue between the gigabyte 81945g motherboard and the jetway Geforce 6600 256 pci-xpress.So just a friendly heads up to all those considering this option. :suspiciou

A:Warning compatibility issue: gigabyte 81945g mobo & Jetway Geforce 6600 256mb pci-e

Hi G A Hunter - thanks for the warning - I was thinking of getting the same exact motherboard!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/warning-compatibility-issue-gigabyte-81945g-mobo-jetway-geforce-6600-256mb-pci-e.37232/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey Gigabyte work. 7970 won't I recently bought new Gigabyte OC but i can't get it work The problem is that when i try to boot with the card all i get is just serval restarts and black display saying quot No input signal quot My Windows Ultimate x won't boot Fan's of the card do spin I used to have Nvidia gt and it worked fine but i decided to upgrade to beter card I used few other cards for test Club Raedon HD Worked Club Raedon HD Worked Gigabyte 7970 won't work. Raedon X Gigabyte 7970 won't work. PRP Worked I was rely surprised about that cause that card is so old and it has been in my brothers toy box last years And Gigabyte Radeon HD This Gigabyte 7970 won't work. card has a same problem But i get work by setting my CPU and Memory to default frequency However this card causes system crash sometimes when computer is highly loaded Gaming Also i get weird pixel storm in games With I have tried also CMOS clearing and CPU underclocking Still same prob And what comes to bad drivers it doesn't mater cause i can't go even that far in booting Sadly i don't have mobo's POST alarm or any led's in it I don't have another rig to test if that is faulty card I don't even think that is faulty My guess is that my PSU can be faulty That because all low end card works properly and little problems appear with w Other cards only draws around w My rig Windows Ultimate x Intel core i Corsair Vengeance mhz gb Quad OCZ Vertex SSD GIGABYTE GA-B M-D H MOBO Corsair CX w PSU I really hope that i get work before time go past it Any help is appreciated I will post more info if needed Thanks PS Im using now and i did just seconds ago get sudden black screen where i saw my mouse and it was blinking Then i get message quot Google Crhome crashed do you wanna restart it quot

A:Gigabyte 7970 won't work.

First thought for me as well was the PSU.

Try reseating the card and reconnecting the cables. you do need an 8pin connector for this card I think... (not sure of connectors yet)

Is this your card?
XFX Double D FX797GTDFC Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Newegg.com
or this?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4102#sp

and PSU?
CORSAIR CX Series CX750 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

If so, you might need a PSU that has an 8pin connector. right now it is underpowered.

6pin will give: 75W
8pin will give: 150W

card needs more power than it is getting I think. I am thinking this is the case. the PSU you have probably has enough, but it isn't getting to the card....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/279361-gigabyte-7970-wont-work.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have connected 2 HD's to the onboard GIGABYTE RAID controller, but in Windows 7 it won't work. In devicemanager it installs it as a "standard IDE-controller", with a yellow triangle on "This device can't start" it says.
Don't this RAID controller work in Windows 7, or is it just me that can't find a driver for it?

Edit: this RAID0 setup was not ment to be system drive, as I also have a SSD.

A:GIGABYTE raid don't work?

Have you enabled the Gigabyte Raid controller in the BIOS? I don't know what board you have but in my GA P45 UD3P it is actually a Jmicron controller and you can get a Windows 7 driver from their site.

Driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/12217-gigabyte-raid-dont-work.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i just put in a new by new i mean reburbished - but its new to me giga mobo ga- n pro and it wont start windows properly first i got a long beep so i cleaned out cmos and the beep went away then it would see my hard drives and dvd drives in bios but afterwards when trying to boot it would do a quot ide scan quot and find nothing so i turned off the gigaraid and sataraid chips the quot ide scan quot screen went away now i get a windows didnt start screen with the usual start in safe mode regular windows boot up i did regular and safe mode and for a split second i saw the xp logo with a fuzzy blue background then it went out black the comp then i guess reboots and back to bios back to the windows screen and so on in a loop no clue what to do thinking doesnt ga-7n400pro mobo work new gigabyte about putting in the windows cd and see if i can maybe fix any window problems it might have - but i cant find the cd the mobo might be busted but seems to work fine enough to regonize the drives in bios and their sizes and names and everything any help will be greatly appreciated much thanks nbsp

A:new gigabyte ga-7n400pro mobo doesnt work

Did you just replace the motherboard in an existing PC with installed XP?
If so, you better start looking for your XP-CD and prepare for a re-install over your existing XP, because all the hardware of your new mobo needs to be recognised by XP. You should also have got a CD with your mobo-specific drivers, which need to be installed in XP.
Do a Search on this forum or in the 'Windows OS' forum to find out exact details on how to do this re-install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gigabyte-ga-7n400pro-mobo-doesnt-work.10318/
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay so i bout a pcie card to have wifi and bluetooth on my computer. I have a phanteks case with an asus z170-a. Now one of my usb ports wont work. Unfortunetly the port that wont work is the 3.0 rather than the 2.0. Is there a way I can set it up to disable the 2.0 instead of the 3.0 port? Thanks.

A:gigabyte pcie card usb wont work

nevermind, i dont know what happened but it fixed itself.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/gigabyte-pcie-card-usb-wont-work-276594/
Relevancy 47.73%

I recently purchased a EVGA 01G-P3-1335-KR GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130656) and I don't understand why it isn't working. I'm concerned it's defective but it's probably just as likely I'm overlooking something. I'm trying to put it in an older PC - an eMachines T3304. Here are the specs for the motherboard (http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/FIC/105554/105554sp25.shtml). I have also upgraded to 1.5 GB of RAM and to a CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply. When I turn on the PC the fan on the video card doesn't even spin... Is there something I'm missing here?

A:Can't get my GeForce GT 430 to work

sounds like the video card is dead, going here for EVGA's Advanced RMA - Cross-Ship program

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-my-geforce-gt-430-to-work.172138/
Relevancy 47.73%

OK So what would benefit me more Two GIGABYTE GV-R OC- GD Radeon R GB -Bit GDDR Crossfired together OR one GIGABYTE GV-N OC- GD GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR It's my first build and have been running one R OC GPU and I get - fps on ultra The R card is bit GB DDR and the nvidia is bit GB DDR has higher MHz as well Which setup would yield a better image and higher fps --Side Question If I would Crossfire there would be PCI slot between the two cards on default cooling Liquid cooling is only on the CPU with the H i Right now my current GPU doesn't go over F C would the second GPU that Gigabyte Gigabyte R9 Single OR Crossfire N770OC 270 OC x1 close to the other cause a drastic increase in temps Also the second GPU would be rather close to my PSU but the PSU is upside down with its fan on the outside of the case so no additional heat from the PSU

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/45651-gigabyte-r9-270-oc-crossfire-x1-gigabyte-n770oc-single.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Western Digital 1 TB USB 2.0 that I have connected to a computer that has Gigabyte connection to my NAS which can handle Gigabyte speeds.

I am only getting 30.1MB/s.

Is there any settings I can do to windows so that it can send faster?

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.

A:USB2.0 HD Transfer over Gigabyte Network to Gigabyte NAS

You're doing well. Large file transfers on my system via USB 2.0 are only about 24 MB/s. I did notice when I plugged my Seagate USB 2.0 external into my SIIG USB 3.0 card, sequential reads and writes were about 15% improved. I just plugged the USB 2.0 drive in while I was waiting for USB 3.0 docking stations.

If you have a free PCIExpress slot you may get some improvement plugging the USB 2.0 into the USB 3.0 card. But using SIIG USB 3.0 docks and WD caviar black internal drives I find the drives run at full speed. Only thing is now the price bubble is preventing me from increasing my stock of internal drives.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/196922-usb2-0-hd-transfer-over-gigabyte-network-gigabyte-nas.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My hp pavilion a6230n its beeping

A:Will my new GeForce 9600GT work?

Did you plug in the external 6 pin PCI-E power connector?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-new-geforce-9600gt-work.157897/
Relevancy 47.3%

i have recently purchased a geforce 4 mx440 se 64mb ddr graphics card i installed the card and everything ran fine until i installed the drivers for it this caused my whole system to slow down apps and programs that require video and sound or just video ie windows media player and pretty much everygame i have tried run with extremely low frame rates even lower then the programs ran with on my old voodoo 3 card and also the sound in thes programs is distorted and garbled i have treid numerous different drivers for the video card and updated my chipset drivers along with sound and still no change i am at a terrible lose of what to do next so anyhelp would be appreciated as i cant afford to buy a new card thanx

A:geforce doesnt work

get the latest drivers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-doesnt-work.116735/
Relevancy 47.3%

My system - Lex nForce board Athlon MB Drivers GeForce 3 - Ti work... 200 don't GeForce Ti MB DDR GB Seagate HDD SoundBlaster PCI Just wondering if any of you folks out there are having as much trouble with your GeForce Ti as I am OK here s the story I ve had the card since late and it ran well with nVidia s Detonator Drivers under Win ME although the drivers caused it to take about minutes for the system to boot for some reason and I had to install the driver manually from the unzipped folder using Device Maganer cos the installer kept returning syntax errors whenever I ran it nVidia drivers still do this by the way even though I m now using a totally different system with XP Pro The trouble started when nVidia changed to the Forceware Driver With the card still in my old system I upgraded to Win XP GeForce 3 Ti 200 - Drivers don't work... Pro and started getting serious system crashes After logging onto Windows after a re-boot the PC got as far as drawing about half the icons on my desktop then froze for a couple of seconds before switching itself off and re-booting Upon re-start the system reported that quot Windows has recovered from a serious error This error was caused by a device driver quot and named the nVidia Driver as the culprit I ve subequently discovered that the driver was sending the card into an infinite loop Laterally this was happening - times a day so in utter exasperation I bought -worth of gear a new ATX case and completely re-built my PC If anything it s now even worse Now whenever I try to update the driver using the Device Manager method cos it s the only one that I can get to work the screen goes black right at the end of the installation and just sits there with a DOS cursor flashing in the top-left corner til I press the reset button Upon re-booting the system only has a partial install of the driver and reports missing dlls all over the place All I can do at that point is uninstall the lot in Safe Mode and revert to the old Detonator the most recent nVidia set that I can get to install properly Anyway the upshot of all this is that I m about to rip the damned thing out of my PC and dance on it before heading for PC World to buy a Raedon unless anyone else out there has any ideas for fixing it All suggestions welcome nbsp

A:GeForce 3 Ti 200 - Drivers don't work...

I would offer three suggestions.

1. download driver cleaner and use to to completely remove previous drivers you have installed. you can get it here.

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

2. go to your card manufacturer's web site and download the driver they recommend for your card. typically this will probably be a 28.40 sries driver or one slightly higher. ( Later drivers do nothing for the performance of the geforce Ti 3 series of cards.)

3. Disable fastwrite either in the bio or through your cards utility in advanced features. fastwrite offers little performance increase, if any at all but it does definitely lead to system instability on many systems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-3-ti-200-drivers-dont-work.9586/
Relevancy 47.3%

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my old Nvidia will not work well.
Will this one work with my sock mobo, Win 10 (home)?
Thanks.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989640
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently got this card and I only have a PCI-E x1 slot. I have a empty space in my motherboard where a PCI-E x16 would have gone... However, it is not there.

Thus, I bought a PCI-E x1 to PCI-E x16 adapter and windows vista is not recognizing it when i put it in there.

This is what my motherboard looks like: http://www.mailorderhouse.com/assets/images/MB-MB.G1001.001-ACER.jpg

How do I get it to work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-8400gs-does-not-work.1057240/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

I'm new to TechSpot! I recently purchased a PNY GeForce 6600 8x AGP 256MB DDR in hopes that it was compatible with my Pavilion 7955. The 7955's motherboard is a ASUS P4B-LA

See motherboard specs here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...lang=en&product=62740&dlc=en&docname=bph07293

I noticed the board is 4x AGP, I've read several different places that 8x cards are compatible with 4x boards...Depending on voltage etc... Is this card compatible with my board? I've also heard 8x cards are compatible but will only run at 4x speeds. Please help clarify. Thanks

BTW I've upgraded my powersupply to support the card

A:Will GeForce 6600 8x AGP work with ASUS P4B-LA?

agp 8x cards are backwards compatible with 4x sockets. i'm just curioius, what make, model and wattage is the new power supply?

i reccomend checking the dimensions of the new card with your case, as sometimes replacement cards for oems are blocked by fan ducts, cables, heatsinks or something else.

how many case fans are installed, what type, and where? a 6600 is going to throw out a fair bit of heat under load, which can cause problems if there is insufficient airflow in your case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-geforce-6600-8x-agp-work-with-asus-p4b-la.54584/
Relevancy 46.44%

I game. And im thinking of getting a Asus GeForce 210 Graphics Card. Would it work with Windows 7? Has anyone had any experience with it?

A:Does the Asus GeForce 210 work well with Windows 7?

I've had a GeForce 210 running with Windows 7, it works fine. Though, I wouldn't want to game with it unless you'll play on lowest settings possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/394094-does-asus-geforce-210-work-well-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've searched and searched and cannot find this card anywhere online.
When I put it into the computer it says it's a geforce FX5200.

and.
Tried almost every driver on the nvidia site.

Any idea what this is and how I can get it to work?

Specs//
Processor:
Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz
Memory:
1262MB RAM
Hard Drive:
200 GB Total
Video Card:
RADEON 9250
Sound Card:
Realtek AC97 Audio
Operating System:
Windows Vista Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
Motherboard:
Intel D865GLC Motherboard

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I received a lot of contradictional info about the Geforce 750 TI with an Optiplex 755 MT.

therefore I would appreciate it very much if someone who is actually using this combination (or had) to inform me if the 750 TI works with the system (I upgraded CPu to Core Duo 6850 and 6 Gyg mem).  And were you satisfied with the performance of the card.

I would like to use the card for playing War Thunder.

Thanx

A:Geforce 750 Ti willt it work with a Optiplex 755 MT?

What power supply unit? That model comes with some power supply units with less than 300w. You need a minimum of 300w to run that card. You also need a dual slot and room to fit it in the case.See the size info--
GTX 750 Ti Graphics Card Dimensions:
5.7 inches Length
4.376 inches Height
Double-slot Width
A low profile card might be a better fit. Waiting until you can replace the 9 year old model might be more economical.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19993595
Relevancy 46.44%

I downgraded from vista to xp cause vista sucks with games - they don't actually work. So the drivers I have don't work cause they are for vista and no forceware drivers work from laptopcrapsite.com. My video card didn't change so what gives?

Relevancy 46.44%

I'm in desperate need of help I bought a new hard drive and did a clean install of windows vista on it The installation went help My 7900GS with Please Vista, will not GeForce work fine and everything is running fine except I have to unplug my graphics card and use the standard VGA built in standard thing which obviously is no good I've downloaded several drivers When I try install them it gives an error relating to not having the correct hardware avaialble for the driver or something like that On my old XP setup I had a small X icon in the system tray which was the xpertvision menu program - which allowed me to change stuff like the fan speed resolution etc This isn't installed obviously and seen as My GeForce 7900GS will not work with Vista, Please help when I bought this My GeForce 7900GS will not work with Vista, Please help graphics card last year the only drivers on the disk were for XP I can only run vista using the graphics card when I start windows in safe mode - when I run it in normal mode I just get a My GeForce 7900GS will not work with Vista, Please help blank black screen after the loading screen Can you advise me of a solution - or advise me if there IS any solution at all Windows Vista -Bit geforce GS MB GB RAM Intel Pentium D processor GHtz quot Samsung Monitor Thanks Mike

A:My GeForce 7900GS will not work with Vista, Please help

Did you download these drivers?

ForceWare Release 169

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/155346-my-geforce-7900gs-will-not-work-vista-please-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

HI, I have a Nvidia Geforce 2 MX 100/200 and I cant get it to work in my Dell Optiplex 110 while using windows 2000 (not ME) I have windows XP and windows 2003 also, and I could get it to work with those operating systems. xp and 2003 find the card and installs it by itself, and 2000 finds it, but wont install it, so I went and got a driver from driverguide, and installed the driver, then it got me to restart my comp, and I did, so I unpluged the monitor from the onboard, and put into the Nvidia it didnt work. so I plugged back in to my onboard and went to the device manager, and It said the video card was working properly. Also, windows 2000 wouldnt let me turn off the onboard card... XP and 2003 allowed me. can anyone help?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

hello, i have windows 7 home premium and geforce 7600gs. i tried downloading everything but everytime it finishes downloading it says my hardware doesn't match. now im stuck with everything looking big. can some1 help me??

thx in advance

A:My geforce 7600gs doesn't work!!

Welcme!

Try using Windows Update to install the drivers. Type devmgmt.msc into the start menu, right-click on your card, and select Update Driver Software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/87985-my-geforce-7600gs-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

i purchased Zotac NVIDIA GeForce 210 ZT-20301-10L 512MB DDR2, and it is not working on my system. i see distorted image on screen, text is unreadable. it is not a driver issue since i cant even see the bios screen correctly. it is detected correctly on windows 7. the fan is spinning and i also disabled my onboard graphics. it is a HP PC model SG3510IL, motherboard is ECS Iris 8, AMD Athlon 64, 2 GB RAM. I have 19'' LCD connected using VGA cable.

here is the homepage for my PC (h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&product=3801536)

i searched and found this page, it shows many corrupted screen - (playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html) my problem was similar to the 'Bus artifacts' he described.

any suggestion why it is not working, or should i get a refund. <_<

thanks

A:Zotac GeForce 210 doesn't work

Try the monitor on another computer before you return the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zotac-geforce-210-doesnt-work.163591/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an HP Pavilion 6710f computer.  Will the GeForce GT 730 4 GB work with it without modifications i.e. a new power supply?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-6710f-work-with-GeForce-GT-730-4-GB/td-p/5612304
Relevancy 46.44%

I just installed a new driver update for the Gforce 6 series. I restarted my PC. Everything seemed fine. Startup screens showed up, etc. but when the login screen came on it just blacked out. Restarted, no help. Anyone able to help mme with this please?
Thanks,
Houtan

A:GeForce 6100 GPU unable to work.

Have you tried to restart in safe mode and change drivers again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-6100-gpu-unable-to-work.773876/
Relevancy 46.01%

I wanted to upgrade my RAM with a 4GB stick running instead of old 2 GB DDR3 stick

bought a new ram for my Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo motherboard, when i plug my 4gb ram the pc doesnt boot
This 4GB DDR3 RAM Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: KVR13N9S8/4

It says in my motherboard specifications on Gigabyte's website tht my motherboard "Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules"

how am i supposed to make this RAM work on my motherboard

Please Help Me

A:how to make DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB work on my Gigabyte G41-M Combo mobo?

I'm afraid that RAM is not supported, I downloaded the Memory Support List from: (and attached)

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-Combo (rev. 2.0)

Also, you are better off getting 2 sticks, since:
Your motherboard:

Features Dual channel memory architecture, best to use two sticks to take advantage of the Dual channel, should be identical RAM sticks.
Multi-channel memory architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That motherboard supports very few 4 gig sticks at all and fact you have to overclock to handle 1333, I would just buy one step lower: 2 * 2 gig 1066 sticks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/296204-how-make-ddr3-1333-ddr3-4-gb-work-my-gigabyte-g41-m-combo-mobo.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So I went to Best Buy to get a gaming computer letting the sales associate know right off the anymore Wont 660 GTX work GEFORCE EVGA bat that i will not understand all the technical talk and whizkid jargon that he would normally use to entice people He led me to a computer HP Envy with two terabytes of memory and gigs of RAM I said i would take it but they only had the floor model as they were out of stock i got the floor model because i did not want to leave without a computer i also told the sales associate i wanted a graphics card that would allow me to play any game currently on the market in with no problems whatsoever They led me to a EVGA GEFORCE GTX 660 Wont work anymore video of some card called quot the titan quot and i refused when i found out it cost near So i bought the GB EVGA GeForce GTX for around I had problems with the computer not working with the video card a number of beeps going off Geek squad told me that it meant the power supply was insufficient So i got a new power supply installed it then installed the video card I think we installed the software first then installed the card but i m not on that This was back in All was well until my computer got infected and i had to reboot it with the system recovery discs i got from HP I tried installing my video card again after i finished the recovery because the geek squad guys recommended that i disconnect it while resetting the computer i heard the beeping sounds again and there was no video on my screen i was confused because the power supply hadn t changed since the last time it worked After a while the beeping suddenly stopped but there was still a lack of video on the screen Geek squad recommended that i try installing the software first then installing the hardware i tried that but the software won t install because it doesn t detect any compatible hardware i cant start up the computer with the card installed because no video shows on the screen i started the computer without the card and then against my better judgment i installed the card with the computer running the fan on the card went full speed then slowed down to a steady speed but the computer still didn t show the video card and i couldnt install the software I can t get the geek squad guys to actually put hands on the computer because then they would have to charge a small fortune Can anyone help has anyone else had this problem I read in another thread that somebody had a problem with a corrupt EDID external display identification device on their monitor i m using a quot SEIKI TV as my computer screen I don t know if it s feasible for that to be my problem or if anyone knows how to fix that if it is i would be incredibly happy if that was it and it was a simple fix Here are the specs i got from the SysInfo program thing on this site Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard AF Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Please help I wanted to play Evolve with my dad back home but sadly without the video card i cannot P S on the power supply i bought there s a red swith with the numbers and when you slide the switch to the other side i have no idea what it does but a friend of mine in an attempt to help switched it over to I don t know if that is the problem or if it doesn t matter at all but i m told every bit of information helps sorry for such a long post gt lt and thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i have a dc7800p sff computer with the 240w psu will a geeforce n710d3 1gb low profile work considering the gpu requires a min of a 300w psu i havent bought it yet just doubg some research any help with this would be greatly useful.

A:Will a geforce n710d3 lp work fine in dc7800p sff

Hi: The GT 610 will, but I am not sure about the GT 710. The GT 610 draws 29 watts, and the GT 710 only 19 watts. My concern is the GT 710 may be too new for the legacy BIOS the dc7800 has. Power supply-wise though, either card will work fine despite the recommended P/S of 300W.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-a-geforce-n710d3-lp-work-fine-in-dc7800p-sff/td-p/5787260
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi 
It has recently come to my attention that only cards that support DOS VESA MODE 103 are compatible with my Dell PC, could someone please confirm if this card would work in my dell machine?

A:Will an NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 Work in my Dell Vostro 460 MT?

GT730 isn't a model its a GPU type.  ASUS GeForce GT 730 DirectX 11 GT730-2GD3
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2F847T6216

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19990570
Relevancy 46.01%

I had purchased this card work with this motherboard?

I just purchased this card and it's a PCIe 2.0, I hope the motherboard is compatible?

Relevancy 46.01%

Well, after I installed windows 7 on my system (because i got a serious virus which is a very long story), I installed the latest version of my driver then the aero thing doesn't work it says on the troubleshooter that my card has to be a WDDM or Windows Display Driver Model thing, what should I do??? By the way, my video card is 128MB, it works perfectly on windows vista also the aero on vista works!! any suggestions???

A:Nvidia Geforce fx5200 won't work on aero??

Where did you get the drivers from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/43065-nvidia-geforce-fx5200-wont-work-aero.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am getting ready to do a fresh install of Windows Home Premium bit It is on an HP DV running Vista Home NVIDIA Windows Go 7200 will 7 work in GeForce Premium with an Intel Core CPU T GHz processor And it has the will NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 work in Windows 7 NVIDIA GeForce Go GPU I ran the Windows Upgrade Advisor and it will NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 work in Windows 7 informed me that Windows Aero will not work on my computer because my current graphics adapter won't support the will NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 work in Windows 7 Windows Aero interface I'm surprised by that message since this computer seems to fall within all of the minimum system requirements I checked the NVIDIA website for a Windows driver for the GeForce Go GPU but it says that one is not available I am currently running the most updated version for Vista NVIDIA DRIVERS BETA My question is this Do you think that I will be able to run Windows Home Premium on this computer with my current driver Can I run the video driver in Vista compatibility mode Thanks in advance for your help I appreciate it

A:will NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 work in Windows 7

I found out that 64Mb is required to run Aero in Vista and in Win7. But the Upgrade Advisor was only seeing 32 MB on my GPU even though the GeForce Go 7200 is 128 MB. But, I forgot that a portion of the 128 MB is shared. So that makes sense.
It seems like it will work fine in Win7.

And speaking of the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, I was using the beta version when I received that incompatibility message about Aero. I found out that the final version of the Upgrade Advisor was released today. When I downloaded it and ran it, there was no longer the incompatibility message about Aero. So perhaps they fixed its dumbness!

I'm looking forward to Win7, and I will keep this thread updated if I find out anything quirky when I do the win7 install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/30158-will-nvidia-geforce-go-7200-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Please help! I am using windows XP home edition. Every time I turn computer on , graphic is real bad ,can hardly see. after checking devis manager (when it was still possible to see a little bit) NVIDIA GE FORCE FX GO 5200 32M/54M has an " ! " mark against it, now can not see anything at all. It just crashed! If i swith PC on it starts ok, but display goes in stand-by mode after 3 seconds. Please advise how to fix this problem.

Many Thanks.

Relevancy 46.01%

I was in the process of looking for a computer for my friend to buy, cause he needs a new one, and I've run into a small road block.
I don't know if a card such as the GeForce 9400 GT that says it uses a PCI-E x16 2.0 slot will work with the Gateway DX4720-03 he was planning on buying from newegg here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113078

It doesn't say anywhere that I can find on the internet if the slot on there is 2.0 or not.

My questions are:
Will the card that says it needs 2.0 work if the slot turns out to be 1.0?
What IS the slot on that computer? is it 2.0 or not?

A:GeForce 9400 GT work with Gateway DX4720-03?

it does not really matter, the card will work either way, but on that computer I bet it is not a 2.0.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9400-gt-work-with-gateway-dx4720-03.114016/
Relevancy 46.01%

HI i got a new computer and i wonder if the grafic card will work with game such as BAttlefield 2 and 2142?

My grafic card is: NVIDIA GeForce g100 512 mb, and when i bought it the salesman told me it would work on this games but im not sure if it will.

Plz help me!!!

A:will NVIDIA GeForce g100 work for Battlefield 2?

Hello perwm,
If you follow the link it will tell you what games you can run on your system.
Hope this helps. Good luck and post your results, thanks.

Can You RUN It?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/237609-will-nvidia-geforce-g100-work-battlefield-2-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello guys,

This is my first post and i hope you can help me out. I have a Geforce 9400GT videocard (i know, not the best one :P) and i used to have Windows Vista Ultimate as OS. The problem is, i've installed the RC version of Windows 7 and and since then, using the latest WHQL drivers (186.18), i can't make my TV-OUT to work. In fact, i can't even find my tv, even when i choose to hard detect.

I'm using a S-video cable to connect my videocard to my tv and it worked fine for ages. Any suggestions? I've tried to install an old driver version (163.75) but it says that it can't locate any drivers compatible with my hardware.

I like to watch my home movies on my tv but it's been one month, since the new OS that i can't.

Cheers from Brazil!

A:nVidia Geforce 9400 GT - Can't make TV-Out work

You could try this driver. You didn't mention 32 or 64 bit, but they're both here.

GeForce ForceWare 190.15 Win 7 | Vista | XP

Also, do you have a second S-Video cable to try? Doubtful, but it could have coincidentally went bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/14677-nvidia-geforce-9400-gt-cant-make-tv-out-work.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I cant get the GeForce FX 5200 by chaintech installed in my dell 4600c.. The only thing I can think of that would cause it to not work is that I don't know what my power supply is and it requires 250 watts. Can anyone tell me if this will work? And will it matter that it's a slim computer and wont shut because the card is to wide?

A:GeForce FX 5200 on a Dell system (I need to know if this will work)

Well first off welcome to techspot!

Well youre card is prob. set up to fit in the AGP (advanced graphics port) on your mobo. (although there are some exceptions) It is ussually blue of brown and off in the corner by itself. I doubt you bought a AGP card that wouldnt fit into the AGP slot. It could be because of youre power supply but i would make sure you have the card properly seated first. Good luck!

Sean

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-fx-5200-on-a-dell-system-i-need-to-know-if-this-will-work.17220/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am planning on finally upgrading to win7, but i want to make sure my graphics card works. It is a nvidia fx5500, and i heard that there were problems with it giving BSOD and such.

Can i just use windows update stuff to download the drivers and then it works, or do i have to download the vista drivers and then install them in compatibility mode, or will it give me a BSOD?

I want to use it to run stuff like Minecraft and WoW.

A:Does Nvidia GeForce FX5500 work with Win7?

Win 7 isn't listed here when looking for a driver using Option 1 for the FX 5000 series.> Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
Select GeForce in first drop widow then Geforce 5 FX series in second drop window.
Third drop window is OS list.

A Vista driver in compatability mode may work. No guarantee.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/200637-does-nvidia-geforce-fx5500-work-win7.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I have a project due online in 2 hours, and I can not get windows to boot or change BIOS settings.
Whenever my computer starts up, it just gets stuck on the Gigabyte splash screen.

I've tried just about everything and I am no longer convinced that it is a HDD issue.
It freezes when I enter the splash screen, so I can not go to BIOS settings or anything like that.

If it happened any time after today this would be fine with me, I would be patient.
But I can't afford a 0 on this project, especially after I already worked so hard on it and all I had to do was make the finishing touches.

If anyone could help me out at all, I would appreciate it so much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-is-stuck-in-gigabyte-splash-screen.977955/
Relevancy 45.58%

what possible graphics cards could you use with this pc? because i am looking for an upgrade that willl work with the 300 watt power supply

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Does-the-ASUS-NVIDIA-GeForce-210-graphics-card-work-with-the/td-p/5657507
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I cant figure out this
Why all my card and newsletter software will not work after I installed my new 256mb garphic card Asylum GeForce 5200
The games work good and so does my paintshop pro but all my sotfware for publishing will not work. I wonder why and is it that I need to download a driver for these to work?
Thankyou
Gator out

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-printshop-10-wont-work-with-my-new-nvidia-geforce-5200.32160/
Relevancy 45.58%

every other card i have put in my PCI-E slot has worked but when i put my new card in it does not display anything, i have tryed the DVI port ,VGA the HDMI port and nothing happens

The thing that gets me is my windows will still load up with the new card and it logs in to my account by the windows sign in sound, the fan is spinning on card

I do get 1 loud 4-5 seconds long beep on power up if that help

my old card i was using is the nvidia geforce 8600 gt and work totaly fine im confused

i got a basic understand of computers if that helps

A:my geforce gt 630 4GB sddr3 wont work in my msi (cuba) ms-7301 Mb

Bad card possibly ?

Anywhere else you can test it ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/298985-my-geforce-gt-630-4gb-sddr3-wont-work-my-msi-cuba-ms-7301-mb.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Well i have just ordered a few new items for my pc, to allow me to play cod4, crysis etc
on high details. I was wandering as my motherboard has an unbuilt graphics card if i would have to disable this somehow? and if so anyone help me with that? Or wether it would just go straight in and be used instead of the inbuilt card. If anyone could please help with this matter i would much appreciate it! My cards due on Wed-Fri. Thanks MoiRa

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-my-new-evga-geforce-8800gt-superclocked-work-under-a-m2n-mx-motherboard.98422/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was doing some work on my computer and wound up pulling my Geforce MX out of the computer Unfortunately I also wound up booting the computer but never into Windows I was busy reinstalling Ubuntu since trying to get the same card to work with it before resulted in it being Fubar d That issue will be resolved shortly provided the card is alright I have no reason to think the card is bad Here s what happened I pulled the card in the middle of cleaning out the computer incredibly dusty It was in bad need of it and wound up booting to reinstall Ubuntu without the card in the machine In that timeframe I did not boot into Windows not so much as once Also I did not touch my NTFS partition even though Ubuntu auto-mounted it when I booted it from the hard drive to do a post installation update pulled now card, it Solved: 4000, work. 4MX the won't Geforce Here is the problem I put the card back in booted to Windows and the card doesn t seem to be working I looked in the device manager no luck I tried scanning for hardware changes no luck there either I tried the quot add hardware quot wizard No luck there either That wizard has two manufacturers available ATI and Intel The only cards I have are the Nvidia and the Intel Then again this card was given to me by a friend It s used but worked well for him He never had any problems with it I decided to uninstall the drivers via add remove programs since that s the only place that actually showed quot drivers Solved: Geforce 4MX 4000, pulled the card, now it won't work. quot and wipe all traces of the card from the system then try again This was agreed with by several people many of whom fix computers for a living or as a second job most in the IT field So I tried I uninstalled the drivers via add remove programs deleted the Nvidida folder containing the driver files cleaned up the registry etc I m still having no luck What do you think I ve been told maybe it s the card but probably not since it worked the day before that I ve been told it could be that I massively confused Windows I know it s not a PCI malfunction that I m sure of Everything else that I have installed in the PCI bus works just fine and shows up in the device manager Note I cannot disable my onboard graphics card just set it to look for a card on the PCI bus as default I had no problems with this in XP only Ubuntu and those will be resolved by my sister s boyfriend shortly He ll walk me through the setup Any ideas I don t want to have to buy another card and I m pretty sure it s not the card that s bad I have never seen anything on a computer just simply crap out when it worked fine the day before I checked I don t smell any fried circuits anywhere and nothing seems to be wrong with the card There is a new device under CD drives but I don t know what that s about Note I m not looking for a fix for Ubuntu just yet If you know one s alright let me know However my main priority is getting Windows to pick up the blasted thing nbsp

A:Solved: Geforce 4MX 4000, pulled the card, now it won't work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-geforce-4mx-4000-pulled-the-card-now-it-wont-work.691987/
Relevancy 45.58%

So here's the thing A few days ago I noticed that my PC is slow unlike before I can not run any games I can not 8500GT issue. but in work. GeForce Plugged doesn't access NVidia Control Panel and when I check quot Display quot on dxdiag it does not show the device information I went to device manager trying to disable enable the graphic card but it told that the graphic card is turned on but that there are issues because of which the graphic card is not working properly I tried uninstalling drivers with driver sweep and through device manager BIOS happen to be alright and also I checked if it's plugged in correctly several times and it is GeForce 8500GT issue. Plugged in but doesn't work. I really don't know what caused this or when GeForce 8500GT issue. Plugged in but doesn't work. When I right click on desktop and go to Properties gt Settings there's usually graphic specs written above the resolution bar but now it doesn't show any It happens to be that my graphic card is unable to use any resources PC Specs Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E Ghz GeForce GT mb I'm running on XP bits Please help me

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi all I've had this problem since buying the computer and I'm completely stumped My motherboard is a Gigabyte and uses the Gigabyte Update manager Ever but one thing works installing a New Driver Intel r USB driver I'm not sure if currently the computer's only working at When I try install it it does OK copying all the files then says 'click Intel computer? to update USB3.0 Gigabyte freezes Next' to continue Unfortunately the updater has switched off ALL USB connections so no keyboard internet mouse bluetooth dongle printer etc etc - I can't click next I can see under the quot Device Manager quot there's some references USB MTT Hub Intel USB Root hub Intel USB Gigabyte Intel update to USB3.0 freezes computer? extensible host controller Does this mean I'm running USB or drivers The update in Gigabyte is still showing as if it's not been installed I'm also wondering if you know how to install additional upgrades without the computer freezing because it's turning off these USB ports Make no sense to me Hope I put enough info here All the best

A:Gigabyte Intel update to USB3.0 freezes computer?

Your mobo is Toshiba ( according to your System Specs ), so why not querying Toshiba for drivers manually?
why using driver download programs?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/65317-gigabyte-intel-update-usb3-0-freezes-computer.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I recently built a new PC for gaming and the gigabyte motherboard manual says it's expandable to 32G. I put 4x8G sticks and the computer shows 32G but says only 16G is usable. What's up?

A:gigabyte motherboard supports 32G DDR3 computer says only 16G usable

Physical Memory Limits: Windows 7

The following table specifies the limits on physical memory for Windows 7.
--------------------- ---------------- ----------------Version Limit on X86 Limit on X64Ultimate 4 GB 192 GBEnterprise 4 GB 192 GBProfessional 4 GB 192 GB Home Premium 4 GB 16 GBHome Basic 4 GB 8 GBStarter 2 GB N/A

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/325379-gigabyte-motherboard-supports-32g-ddr3-computer-says-only-16g-usable.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Intel Corporation Graphics Adapter WDDM Update with Gigabyte having M$ error 80070103 Computer trouble Graphics Adapter WDDM Graphics Adapter WDDM software update released in Gigabyte Computer having trouble with M$ Update 80070103 error May I have tried updating with Intel itself on driver and mine is up to date Also ran driver Genius Gigabyte Computer having trouble with M$ Update 80070103 error and up to date and yet going to MS seems to be the driver Has anyone else had this problem Posting below cut and paste of my main components GIGABYTE ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium x Build Service Pack Service Pack Processor Intel Pentium G MHz Motherboard GIGABYTE H M-USB H Intel H Cougar Point Memory GBytes Single-Channel Hard Drive Hitachi HDS CLA MBytes GB TOSHIBA MQ ABD MBytes GB Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH- DB DVD R DL Display Adapter Intel Ivy Bridge-DT GT - Integrated Graphics Controller E L N P GIGABYTE Intel reported Product Intel HD graphics or Intel HD Graphics Version No your driver is current I have no more ideas of how to get this update down if it is not the driver as M seems to think it is Any ideas

A:Gigabyte Computer having trouble with M$ Update 80070103 error

Information
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter, then open Windows Update and try to install the update again.
If running the troubleshooter doesn't solve the problem, download and install the specific update that's causing the error. To do this, follow these steps to identify, download and install the update you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/343663-gigabyte-computer-having-trouble-m-update-80070103-error.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I dont know if this video card works on my computer :

XFX GeForce 9800 GT 256-bit GDDR3
Newegg.com - XFX PVT98GYDLH GeForce 9800 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
YouTube - XFX GeForce 9800 GT Video Card

So I was wondering if someone could give me an answer.
Here are my system specs :
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Vista Home Basic
Service Pack 1
Manufacturer : eMachines
Rating : 3.3
Memory (RAM): 2 GB
32-bit Operating System
Processor : Intel(R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz, 2999 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 2 Logical Processors

BIOS version/date : Intel Corp. CF94510J.15A.0038.2007.0226.1646, 2/26/2007

System Type : X86-based PC
Total Virtual Memory : 4.21 GB
------------------------------------------------------------------

And sorry about giving so much specs, I just want my repliers to have an exact answer and I want them to be sure.

A:Will the XFX GeForce 9800 GT 256-bit GDDR3 work on my current system specs?

as long as your psu can take it it should

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/245946-will-xfx-geforce-9800-gt-256-bit-gddr3-work-my-current-system-specs.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Alright hey guys so I have been doing quite a bit of research talked to some friends and other forums and have come to the conclusion that upgrading my gpu will be a good call Anyways after talking to a few people and a few computer experts I have been suggested to upgrade my gpu to a gtx which I think will be great The other issue I came across was whether with want it all gtx970 will 8500 upgrading dell psu xps sure make geforce new to work! and or not the PSU will be able to handle that kind of upgrade So after looking through some other people s suggestions and upgrading dell xps 8500 with geforce gtx970 and new psu want to make sure it will all work! seeing what some other people have done that upgraded their xps I was suggested to go with the EVGA supernova B W power supply PSU -B - -VR the reason behind this one specifically was that it was quite a bit smaller in length so in tern I would be able to fit it in the tower and thats what other people have used when upgrading their xps Anyways sorry this is lengthy but I want to make sure this is a good idea whether or not everything will fit properly and any other general suggestions thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19981095
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello again all,

As I was messing around at hp.com, I have found many various customizable laptops that I found online. However, it all boils down to the graphics card. I have a choice between 6150, 7200, and 7400. Now which one should I chose and how different are the performance between each card? I need help asap as college is starting soon and I want to get one as soon as possible.

A:Geforce Go 6150 or Geforce Go 7200 or Geforce Go 7400

The 7400 is the best option, since it's fastest, but you may not need a faster video card if you don't do activities that require a fast video card. This link may be helpful.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=39568

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-go-6150-or-geforce-go-7200-or-geforce-go-7400.84164/
Relevancy 44.72%

Will it work? I don't want it to blow up my computer. I have:

eMachines 1161-07
Windows Vista Home Premium
2.10 GHz processor speed
3 GB of RAM
32-bit

This comp came with an nVidia geforce 6150e I think that's what it's called. How do I check power supply, card slot type, etc. Thanks in advance.

A:Solved: Will nVidia GeForce 9400GT graphics card work with my system?

Looks like you do have a PCI express X16 slot for a card.
The 6150 is integrated.
That 250 watt power supply is weak,even for a 9400GT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-will-nvidia-geforce-9400gt-graphics-card-work-with-my-system.831105/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey all I am trying to play BF on my laptop Dell Latitude E that I got last year from my college but my graphics card does not meet the minimum requirements for the game I have been looking online and I found a pretty solid graphics card that will allow BF to run but the only PCI Galaxy graphics a e6400? GTX card work Express Will 550 Latitude on a GeForce Ti issue is concerning whether or not the graphics card and my laptop are compatible The graphics card is a Galaxy GeForce GTX Ti GB PCI Express I found it online at BestBuy com I can t post the link because this is my first posting on the forum for I used software called Everest to get some info about my laptop My current graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro NVS M The bus type is PCI Express x CPU Type is Mobile DualCore Will a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti PCI Express graphics card work on a Latitude e6400? Intel Core Duo P MHz x Will a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti PCI Express graphics card work on a Latitude e6400? Is there anything else that would be Will a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti PCI Express graphics card work on a Latitude e6400? good to know to tell whether or not this graphics card will work Thanks in advance for all the help -RG nbsp

A:Will a Galaxy GeForce GTX 550 Ti PCI Express graphics card work on a Latitude e6400?

If the laptop has a removable graphics card, you might be able to upgrade it. Don't confuse desktop graphics cards with laptop video graphics. The video devices are very different, and most laptops do not have video cards, they have integrated video chips on the motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-a-galaxy-geforce-gtx-550-ti-pci-express-graphics-card-work-on-a-latitude-e6400.172620/
Relevancy 41.28%

I installed a geforce ti in my old dell The new card works ok with the drivers that 3 and old computer GeForce came with it version Downloading GeForce 3 and old computer and installing nvidia s latest drivers causes the machine to crash Restarting GeForce 3 and old computer requires booting into safe mode uninstalling the video card out of the device manager and reinstalling the card with the old drivers Also my FPS in my games is still about the same as with my old card mb RIVA TNT I tried to download setup list to run and post here but i got a missing dll file when I tried to run it Here is a list of IRQs System timer Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural Keyboard Programmable interrupt controller free Communications Port COM YAMAHA DS-XG Legacy Sound System Standard Floppy Disk Controller ECP Printer Port LPT System CMOS real time clock YAMAHA DS-XG PCI Audio CODEC Intel AB EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller IRQ Holder for PCI Steering Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet Adapter NC v IRQ Holder for PCI Steering NVIDIA GeForce Ti IRQ Holder for PCI Steering PS Compatible Mouse Port Numeric data processor Primary IDE controller dual fifo Intel AB EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller Secondary IDE controller dual fifo Intel AB EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller W se Intel mb mb ram Any ideas why I can use the latest drivers or why I the performance isn t even a little better I wasn t expecting a miricle with the new video card but hoped to get my FPS out of the teens nbsp

A:GeForce 3 and old computer

Hi dirle!

I installed a geforce3 200 ti in my old dell.Click to expand...

Since this is all the info i have to go on. Your MB may only have a 2x agp port and the geforce 3 can handle 4x. The card will revert back to 2x. So the reason your not seeing any more performance is because your old motherboard and cpu are holding you back.

An example
You can only put so much into a used car before you need to trade it in for a new one.

If you want to see a major performance boost your best option would be to upgrade the motherboard, memory, and cpu.

As for your irq list it looks fine to me. I dont see any conflicts.

I hope the info help out.
Need any more help leave a post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-3-and-old-computer.121463/
Relevancy 40.85%

I have an HP Pavilion P BV AA Refurbished Desktop PC with watts on my power supply KENTEK WATT that I bought seperately and I currently use a Computer will Geforce GTX not power 770: on Radeon HD graphics card I just bought a brand new Geforce GTX graphics card and when I plug Geforce GTX 770: Computer will not power on it in turn the power on the power supply light flashes for a slight second then nothing happens no power at all On the instructions it says I need a minimum of watts or greater system power supply with one -pin and one -pin PCI express supplementary power connector for each graphics card and compatible with PCI express or up to PCI express compliant motherboard with one dual-width x graphics card According to its requirements I seem to have everything it needs unless i m mistaken My friend says I need a motherboard compatible with PCI-E but that s not what it says above and i m not sure that explains the lack of power when I turn it on does it I plug the necessary power pins into the card and make sure the card is snugly in So why won t it turn on with the card inside Is my power insufficient Is it incompatible with my motherboard might I have it plugged in wrong is the card defective What s the deal nbsp

Relevancy 40.85%

My computer doesnt load up doesnt progress any further than the Gigabyte utilities splash screen I cannot open the CD drive and pressing the keys on my keyboard does nothing However if I Utilities Gigabyte when is Computer at screen frozen the Windows, frozen loading press the caps lock before turning my computer on THEN the green light on the caps lock appears Pressing the hotkeys such as TAB for access to the BIOS or F for utility program does nothing To give some background I had been playing a game and had a tv show from the internet Computer is frozen when loading Windows, frozen at the Gigabyte Utilities screen running in the background My system was running slow and then seemed to have totally frozen I waited mins for it to resolve itself It didn't I tried task manager and Ctl Alt Del to no avail I then in desperation turned the power off at the mains PPS I have left the computer for approx hours to see if it was just running slowly Sadly no such luck Since then I cannot even access Windows or anything Please help PS This is a desktop computer I am referring to

A:Computer is frozen when loading Windows, frozen at the Gigabyte Utilities screen

Quote:

doesnt progress any further than the Gigabyte utilities splash screen. I cannot open the CD drive

This signifies a hardware problem. When you power up the computer can you press the eject button for the CD drive? Does the tray open? Does the light on the CD drive light or blink? on the Gigabyte screen can you enter Setup (Bios) usually by pressing the Del key?
If not, then shut down the computer and unplug all drives (CD/DVD, HDD's, Floppy etc) and start the computer. Can you get into the Bios? If not, then you may have a failing Power Supply Unit. Try testing with another.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-frozen-when-loading-windows-frozen-at-the-gigabyte-utilities-screen-658917.html
Relevancy 40.42%

ok, I did a post like this before about the radeon 9800, but now i want to know if the geforce 6600 will run on my system. here are some specs:

celeron d 2.93Ghz processor
512 MB DDR RAM
agp 1.5v slot
160 GB hardrive
350 Watt PSU
Windows XP media centre edition 2005

can't think of anything else to say but if u need to look at my motherboard more accurately here is a link thats wil take you to it:

http://www.asrock.com/product/product_775vm8.htm

(thanks to DonNagual for finding the link)

well, last time all you guys at techspot were a lot of help, I'm counting on all of you to help me out once more.

A:Can I install the Geforce 6600 on my computer?

If that's indeed your mainboard, the 6600 or 6600GT will work just fine. The mainboard link you provided explains it's an AGP 8x mainboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-the-geforce-6600-on-my-computer.33694/
Relevancy 40.42%

I am planning to get an nvidia geforce 8800 gtx graphics card but it has two dvi-i outputs. My "new" 20 inch Dell monitor only has dvi-d and vga inputs (If its new, it should have DVI-I). How can I connect the 8800 gtx to my monitor? My monitor has a s video input and the gtx has an s video output. Could I buy an s video cable and plug it in that way? Would I lose any graphics power if I did this?

A:Geforce 8800 GTX and Computer Monitor

I'm not sure about the s-video cable, but it will most probably be bad quality. I'm pretty sure you can buy a dvi-vga converter. so that's a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-8800-gtx-and-computer-monitor.70305/
Relevancy 40.42%

I jsut boughta geforce 5500 fx 256mb graphic card but it does not fit in my comptuer when i put it in. does anyone know why?? am i suppose 2 get one that fits?lol, i just thoguht any of the cards could fit.

A:My geforce 5500 fx 256mb does not fit in my computer, wut do i do??

Need more Imput

kpatel said:

i just thoguht any of the cards could fit.Click to expand...

They will with big enuff hammer LoL! :haha: JK
What is the brand name geforce 5500 fx 256mb? (msi,bfg,gigabyte etc.)
What type of MoBo are you putting this on?
It seems this video adapter comes in various forms ie: pci/agp .
G'Luck

BtW
Welcome to TechSpot!! :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-geforce-5500-fx-256mb-does-not-fit-in-my-computer-wut-do-i-do.27613/
Relevancy 40.42%

hi,

this post is related to this one http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic86206.html mine too...

the combinations in that post were related to a computer i described there...

now, this. I installed my geforce 5200 on another computer...this one has a diferent hardware....PC works just fine if i dont install de nvidia driver...if i install it, pc freezes at the "welcome" logo of windows xp........y tried the versions included in the original CD, and also a newer version 91.47 forceware...the original one freezes at setup...the 91.47 freezes at the welcome...

does this means this card is defective? it works ok without drivers...yet i dont got the horsepower of it that way.

thanks in advance.

A:GeForce fx5200 freezes computer

Did you remove all previous graphic card drivers and software before fitting the new one? If not, do this and try again. It can also be helpful to boot into Safe mode to make sure there are no graphics devices still listed in device manager.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-fx5200-freezes-computer.86251/
Relevancy 39.99%

I'm not sure what is going on with this computer It's running slowly and doing things that are not normal for it For example the software I use for work is giving me login errors I am gettting an error with Outlook saying my mailbox has been temporarily moved Internet Explorer is running slowly Chrome has crashed several times My computer restarted itself Etc etc I ran Malwarebytes and it didn't find anything so I figured someone with a lot more knowledge than me should probably look it over before I go too far One thing that may be of note its a GB hard drive with GB of free needed !! what it software computer, affecting - for work Not work also is sure space Thank you in advance for any help you can give PS I have tried to upload the addition txt file but I cannot tell if it uploaded I tried twice so if its uploaded twice I'm sorry Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! Art administrator on ARTHOME - - Running from C Documents and Settings Art Desktop Loaded Profiles Art Available Profiles Art amp Administrator Platform Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack X Language English United Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !! geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Lenovo C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe ALWIL Software C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Lenovo ATK Hotkey GFNEXSrv exe C Program Files Lenovo ATK Hotkey LFKAS exe SUPERAntiSpyware com C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe InterVideo C Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe Ellie Mae Inc C Program Files Ellie Mae SCAppMgr SCAppMgr exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe Lenovo C WINDOWS system TPHDEXLG exe C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrpservice exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery rrservice exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo Rescue and Recovery UpdateMonitor exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo System Update SUService exe Microsoft Corporation C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe Lenovo C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C Program Files Motorola MotoHelper MotoHelperAgent exe Synaptics Inc C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe Synaptics Inc C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT tpfnf sp exe Lenovo C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe Lenovo Group Limited C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY LVOSDSVC exe Lenovo Group Ltd C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EZEJMNAP EXE Intel Corporation C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe I... Read more

A:Not sure what it is - work computer, also affecting software needed for work !!

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/593321 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593321/not-sure-what-it-is-work-computer-also-affecting-software-needed-for-work/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
OptiPlex 990, Win10 Pro, A18 BIOS, MOB 06D7TR, PSU 550W. Issue is not detecting GPU GTX 960, but will detect GT 610. Both are PCI-E. Is the issue the BIOS or GPU or other?
Best Regards,
Word

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19989136
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey, I'm about to get a Geforce FX 128mb 5200, and before I do I was wondering if it is better than what I have now Geforce 3 64mb ti200. Ive heard a few bad things about the 5200 so I dont know.. I dont care about games to much but I need the card for some 3d modeling and animation with maya soo.... any help would be great. Thanks

Relevancy 39.99%

Which should I choose? They all go around the same price...

A:ATI Radeon 9800XT vs GeForce 6800 vs GeForce 6600GT

It depends on which maker, really. But in general, the 6800 is the best of the three listed, followed by the 6600GT, then the 9800XT.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9800xt-vs-geforce-6800-vs-geforce-6600gt.37683/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello,
OptiPlex 990, Win10 Pro, A18 BIOS, MOB 06D7TR, PSU 550W. Issue is not detecting GPU GTX 960, but will detect GT 610. Both are PCI-E. Is the issue the BIOS or GPU or other?
Best Regards,
Word

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989136
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello, OptiPlex 990, Win10 Pro, MOB 06D7TR, BIOS A18 (9/24/2013), PSU 550W.  GPU - trying to upgrade to GeForce GTX 960. Will not detect, but will detect GeForce GT 610 on PCI-E. Is this a BIOS or other issue?
Best Regards,
Word

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19989135
Relevancy 39.99%

Im having an issue with my sons computer I posted this on the Geforce help forums but no one replied When I start up or restart my computer my wont GTX start Solved: Ti 550 Geforce help! up! Need let My computer I have to unplug the monitor cable from the back of my video card for the computer to boot up And its the computer and not windows because with the card plugged in I cant even get to the boot menu to go into safe mode When I just plug the monitor into the board Solved: Need help! My Geforce 550 GTX Ti wont let my computer start up! it starts up just fine If I unplug the monitor start up my computer and plug it back in after windows boots up it works just fine I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing all of the most current drivers Scanned for boot errors on my pc and I dont see any spikes in the power supply Any suggestions Oh and also this is a card I have been using in this computer for the last years with no issues And I havent recently installed any new programs nbsp

A:Solved: Need help! My Geforce 550 GTX Ti wont let my computer start up!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-help-my-geforce-550-gtx-ti-wont-let-my-computer-start-up.1109259/
Relevancy 39.99%

I had this computer for about weeks now and there were a few problems before this but I didn t think they were too major Some of these problems were random blue screens and such My problem now is that whenever I I 560 intensive. do Computer GTX crashes Ti GeForce soon anything as as graphically - do anything graphically intensive for about - seconds my computer restarts For example I was playing Black ops for about a week and there was no problems playing it on near maximum graphics Then GeForce GTX 560 Ti - Computer crashes as soon as I do anything graphically intensive. all of a sudden as soon as I start a game my computer will restart I lowered the graphics to minimum and tried again and it seemed to work I ve tried with with other games such as Diablo and it has the same problem http i imgur com AkRI png This is my computer and i m running Windows bit I think its the graphics card that s the problem but I don t know too much on the subject Any suggestions help would be spectacular Another thing that seems a bit off is the system rating that windows has Processor RAM Graphics Gaming Graphics Primary Hard disc It says my gaming graphics is a which doesn t sound right nbsp

A:GeForce GTX 560 Ti - Computer crashes as soon as I do anything graphically intensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/geforce-gtx-560-ti-computer-crashes-as-soon-as-i-do-anything-graphically-intensive.1077716/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi guys,

I am having problems with computer freezing when playing games. I am guessing it's the graphics card Nvidia GeForce GT 220. Specs are:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP43T-UD3L
CPU: Intel Dual Core E6500
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 220
System: Windows 7, 64 bit

So the freezing happened 3 times so far after playing game for like 30 mins. It's not the blue screen but just when it freezes the speakers just like play that zzzzzzz sound and the monitor turns off. I guess because it does not receive any signal from the graphics card. Also at that point I can just turn it off by holding the power button. Then immediately if I turn it on it powers on until that motherboard screen and then just restarts and so on and on, so I have to turn it off and wait a couple of minutes and then turn it on. Then it's all normal.
Anyone can help?
Thanks

A:Computer freeze in games Nvidia GeForce GT 220

That sounds like overheating.

Can you check to see if the fan is working on the 220 card?

Also try running the system with the side(s) of the case removed to see if that improves things.

That would also be a good time to look and see how much dust has accumulated inside.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/107532-computer-freeze-games-nvidia-geforce-gt-220-a.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi Im was given a new GeForce gts graphics card for christmas and i am having trouble installing it i used to have a PNY GT which worked a treat but became sluggish over the past few months this is the reason i asked for a new graphics card this one specifically Thinks i have thought of but not really sure what to do about maybe the power supply cannot supply the graphics card with enough power - I have checked with the hiper website that my hiper power supply can supply the graphics card and i can without a problem the graphics card needs a seperate power cable to supply it with the power it GeForce Cannot Help New ZOTAC Computer Recognise Please! GTS250 needs i assumed that this is not the problem as the cooling fan is whirring happily Maybe it is Computer Cannot Recognise ZOTAC GeForce GTS250 New Help Please! not fully lodged into the motherboard The graphics card has been pushed into the PCI-E slot or whatever it is i am certain it is the correct one though the motherboard is a BIOSTAR G -M TE i assume that the graphics card it properly connected as the fan seems to work as i mentioned earlier Conflict with the old drivers I had read somewhere that this could have been an issue to solve this i tried uninstalling the drivers from the last graphics card by the way i am having to use the onboard graphics at the moment i have tried to install the new drivers but the installer simply says that it quot could not locate any drivers that are compatible with the hardware present quot this made me think that the computer has not noticed that the graphics card has been inserted I have tried refreshing the device manager page only to find that it installs a driver for the intel onboard graphics un-helpful IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU CAN SUGGEST TO HELP ME I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer Cannot Recognise ZOTAC GeForce GTS250 New Help Please!

I don't quite understand what you are saying, i.e. "the graphics card needs a seperate power cable to supply it with the power it needs. i assumed that this is not the problem as the cooling fan is whirring happily!"

Did you plug in the auxiliary power line the graphics card requires?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-cannot-recognise-zotac-geforce-gts250-new-help-please.970606/
Relevancy 39.56%

HELP. I tried uninstalling old nvidia drivers. When I put my new one in, there wasn't an old graphics card in place. I tried youtubing possible solutions. I'm considering taking my pc the best buy so they can hook it up, but I don't wanna spend more money. The power watts meet it's standard. I had to buy a new one. I KNOW it's in the right place inside, but my computer won't detect it. The PNY software DVD won't detect it. It says not found. I understand that you have to install a diver that's compatible, and I tried that, but it says checking system... and then It can't find it! It's been months. I uninstalled every nvidia driver or thing on my computer, which now makes my screen look small, which is really annoying. please help!

A:Computer won't Detect Nvidia Geforce 730 Graphics card

You need to tell use more about your computer, what is the make and model of it, what is the model of the motherboard, what is the model of the power supply? What version of Windows?

Is it the Geforce GT 730 you bought or something else? What is the intended use of the new graphics card?

And what graphics card or GPU did you have before adding this card?

Do you have the monitor connected to the new graphics card or do you by chance still have it connected to the integrated graphics that many computer have? It needs to be connected to the new card before turning the computer on.

Have you made sure the card is seated fully in the slot?

Have you tried using the latest drivers from the NVidia website: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Do you have access to another computer to try the card to make sure its not defective?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-detect-nvidia-geforce-730-graphics-card.1163893/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hey everyone i just bought a HP Pavillion Elite PC After a few minutes computer freezing on brand problems gs new 9500 Geforce of running games they freeze and i get a blue screen where there is a load of writing i dont understand or else it will just freeze and my monitor wont pick up a signal On occasions of the second instance i have to actually plug out the machine from the socket It is days old Always had the problem Also when there is a freeze and shutdown i can temporarily see that objects and effects Geforce 9500 gs freezing problems on brand new computer are surrounded by little purple dots While playing med total war on occasion there would be weird triangular shapes appearing also Motherboard - Intel G g G P P chipset intel IR ich r southbridge Graphic interface -ehhh Windows Vista is that what your looking for Memory - gb ram CPU -Intel core QUAD q Geforce 9500 gs freezing problems on brand new computer CPU Speed - Ghz but there is cores Power Supply Make Model - this info is hard for me to get very poor experience with actually opening case plus its brand new and i dont want to risk anything A point to note though The power supply should be enough to power my machine if have not added anything to it This machine has been mass produced Watt output Amperage- sorry but i dont know where to get this info hopefully not a problem Graphics Card- Nvidia GS I have latest drivers Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Geforce 9500 gs freezing problems on brand new computer

Take it back to who you bought it from and have them fix or replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9500-gs-freezing-problems-on-brand-new-computer.115889/
Relevancy 39.13%

continuing from the title. our purchuseing something from Microsoft and they want to update everytime but I can't cuase I live in Canada and it asks for your state. and you cant continue??complete piss off. So those re my issues. thanks not sure how thisworks
either or how I see your reply. Faith

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9725409f-6c51-48aa-b77b-96c034ffa635/i-have-a-older-hp-elitennote-book-im-not-computer-savey-at-all-but-im-learning-i-have-a?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello I am having a problem with some websites at my house There are certain websites I cannot access on any of the computers we have at home but I can access them on my Nintendo DS A few of the sites are www torhead com www ebay com www gotmarko com www questionablecontent net Occasionally questionablecontent net can be accessed from a computer at home but most of the time it cannot None of the other websites ever work on a computer at home So originally I work not sites on but Some computer, Nintendo do DS on work thought it was some virus that happened Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS to be picked up on all desktop computers and the laptop and Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS I have run multiple virus scans with AVG over the last several months to no avail Some things were found and removed but the problem was not solved I have turned off the Windows Firewall to see if I could access any of the sites at home and that did not work either One day at school I tried accessing the above websites on my laptop and they worked without a problem I also went a friend s house for a LAN weeks ago and I could access the websites on my desktop computer It made me thing that maybe it was something with the Netgear router we are using at home The fact that I can access the sites on my DS though makes me think that is not the problem Just in case I went to the router settings to see if somehow any of those sites got set to be blocked but there is nothing on the blocked sites list for the router I am at a loss as to what the problem could be since they work on the DS at home but not the computer and the computers can access them when they are connected to the internet somewhere besides at home When this problem first started happening I was on bit Windows XP and have since upgraded to bit Windows and I am still having the problem Any insight I can get would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Some sites do not work on computer, but work on Nintendo DS

One thing you can try that has worked for me and others with similar problem is changing your DNS server. You can always revert back if this does not resolve the problem or leave it. How to change to OpenDNS: Using OpenDNS On Your Windows Vista PC

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/439274/some-sites-do-not-work-on-computer-but-work-on-nintendo-ds/