Windows Support Forum

Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Q: Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power for Power disabled Collaborative Processor Controls after upgrade are Processor was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal I went into event viewer to see if there was any ACPI Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error's listed and this came up The exact Error that's provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Asustek N JN-MH Notebook Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Core Thread Ram GB MB Video Intel Onboard MB Nvidia GeForce m OS Windows Home Upgraded from Windows So is there anything that i can do or do i just have to wait for asus to publish a new Firmware Update even though it's probably likely they won't Thanks in advance guys

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

See if this finds any new drivers:

Intel? Driver Update Utility

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade-1025010.html
Relevancy 153.14%

So i got this message after i upgraded my Asus Notebook to Windows Home from What got me to check this was having my laptop Hard Shutdown when the power was at and the laptop had been on the charger all day plus the CPU temperature was normal The exact Error that s provided via Event Viewer Collaborative processor power controls on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware This message is provided for each of my Processor Cores Unfortunately there are no new Firmware Updates for my laptop model from Asus Last Collaborative are for Power Processor Controls disabled Processor upgrade after one was pushed in October Very odd seeing as Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade i got this new in December I want to know if this is something serious or if i should just ignore it An Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade error having to due with Kernel Level Power Controls seems serious to me System Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - HQ CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb NOTE my laptop has an Nvidia GeForce m Chip as well but it did not detect that for some reason Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC N JN Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled Have not had time to get antiviral software yet So is there Collaborative Processor Power Controls for Processor are disabled after upgrade anything i can do or do i just have to wait and see if Asus pushes out an update thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/collaborative-processor-power-controls-for-processor-are-disabled-after-upgrade.1152536/
Relevancy 106.64%

I am told that these drivers will enable windows 10 to take certain measures to increase my battery life.  I cannot find these drivers anywhere, companion, System Update, support page.  I do see some windows 8 drivers via google, but I'd prefer something a little more official. Thanks! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Are-there-Intel-Collaborative-Processor-Performance-Control/td-p/3319179
Relevancy 95.46%

All on 7 disabled to processor a are firmware Performance features management due power Thanks in advance for reading I recently built an I bit EVGA x SLI board GB dominator ram Nvidia Performance power management features on processor 7 are disabled due to a firmware GTX Vista Premium and got some frequent blue screens during boot although once it booted ran no problems under heavy use I updated bios and chipset driver graphics driver and system Havn t had any blue screens in awhile although the updates didn t immedietly fix the issue but I get the below messages in the event viewer on every boot Should I be very concerned Any ideas what else I can update or what might be the quot firmware problem quot Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware nbsp

A:Performance power management features on processor 7 are disabled due to a firmware

I have almost the same exact setup, but still have blue screens, and the identical error messages. Were you able to find a fix?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance-power-management-features-on-processor-7-are-disabled-due-to-a-firmware.825015/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a i - on a EVGA x power on management are firmware features processor Performance prob to disabled due SLI Performance power management features on processor are disabled due to firmware prob board running Windows -x In my Event Viewer log there is an error message that reads quot Performance power management features on processor in group are disabled due to a firmware problem Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware quot There are new error messages added to the log everytime that I boot-up I contacted EVGA and one tech said that it was a Window problem and I would have to wait on a SP from Microsoft Another tech said that it is an Intel problem and that I should contact Intel I have later learned that they both are wrong I contacted Intel and the tech there told me that the problem may be related to Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology EIST and Enhanced Halt State C E Here is what I did to fix the error messages In the BIOS I went to Frequency gt Voltage Control and enabled Intel Speed step and set the CxE function to C Hopefully this will help others that are having this error message in their Event Viewer nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/performance-power-management-features-on-processor-are-disabled-due-to-firmware-prob.914108/
Relevancy 76.97%

I recently upgraded to a HP,Media Center editon pc, Windows XP, AMD Athlon 64 3800+2.4 GHz Processor.

When trying to install Photoshop Album 1.0, I receive this message, "This operating system is not supported by Adobe Photoshop Album. We support Windows 98SE, ME, 2000 , XP Intel Pentium III or 4 processor".

Could my problem with installation be the Athlon processor? When purchasing this computer, our salesman convinced us that the Athlon was just as good as the Pentinum Processor. Any thoughts on this? My computer is less than a week old and having serious thoughts about returning it. I have had problems with other installations. Am I to expect more problems with software and the Athlon processor. Any helpful suggestions will be appreciated. I am getting desperate for advice about the processor.

A:Athlon Processor versus Pentinum Processor in Windows XP

What the message is telling you is that Windows Media Center Edition 2005 is not one of the operating systems that Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 supports. It has nothing to do with whether an Intel processor or an AMD processor is installed. I checked the system requirements for the newer version 2.0, and it also is not supported by Windows MCE 2005.

By the way, Adobe Photoshop Album 1.0 has a 13.5 MB patch for it and will upgrade it to version 1.0.1. You can get it from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/athlon-processor-versus-pentinum-processor-in-windows-xp.440153/
Relevancy 76.54%

My local broadband provider renewed my IP and changed my IE homepage Processor Avg Firewall Win32 Tool Disabled-unwanted In Is After I rebooted my windows and AVG firewall were both disabled When I try to activate my AVG firewall I get A message that says something bad happened in this application Error diagnostic file saved to'C Documents and Settings JACK Application Data AVG avgcc err' then when you try again This operation returned because the timeout period expired I figure something has been installed to prevent my restarting it When I ran all the preperation stuff for the Hijackthis I recieved this message in the Panda Scan Potentially unwanted tool Application Processor Not disinfected C WINDOWS system Process exe The Hijack this log is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Avg Firewall Is Disabled-unwanted Tool Processor In Win32 Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP Avg Firewall Is Disabled-unwanted Tool Processor In Win32 SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exeC Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC DOCUME JACK LOCALS Temp clclean C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files NetWaiting NetWaiting exeC Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exeC Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqimzone exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D -... Read more

A:Avg Firewall Is Disabled-unwanted Tool Processor In Win32

Hello WILDRTHANEVR and welcome to the BC HijackThis forum. I don't see any signs of viruses or malware in the log. It is clean.Here's a few suggestions:both TeaTimer and SpywareGuard prevent registry changes so doing things like changing IE home pages will not be allowed with either running. It's not a good idea to run both simultaneously so decide which one you want to keep and uninstall the other. With either one, If you want to make any system changes, disable the remaining one until after the changes are made.ZoneAlarm is already running so attempting to run AVG's firewall will not be possible. If you want to use AVG's firewall then uninstall ZoneAlarm. Keep in mind: one anti-virus, one firewall, one registry blocking app.Cheers.OT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133488/avg-firewall-is-disabled-unwanted-tool-processor-in-win32/
Relevancy 75.68%

Quad processors are darn expensive You can have a hand in helping me build my new laptop Speed is a priority when I use my computer for PLEASURE I can deal with an occasional slowdown When I use my computer for a WORK or a SCHOOL project and I experience a slowdown I feel like breaking bodies or punching a hole in the wall I m buying a new laptop I ll be using it primarily for work and school I d say quad a buy I Decision processor? or time: should a processor duo of the time that I use the laptop it will be used for serious - business stuff primarily work and school That s why when I customize my new laptop I m going Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? to customize it with gigs of RAM and a quad core processor to have as much speed as possible and as high a flow rate as possible Is that a good build strategy My work school laptop will gt be used for heavy Internet duty gt be used heavily for programs like Dreamweaver Photoshop and Flash gt i will not be using it for computer games but note if i have to sell the laptop on Craigslist in a year or two I d like this laptop to appeal to gamers so I can sell it quicker faster gt i don t have a lot of disposable income The quad processor costs a few hundred dollars more Since I ll be using my Decision time: should I buy a quad processor or a duo processor? computer for work and school and since I might be making more money a year from now If I have to and with your advice I ll pay the extra cost nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Can any body tell me the main diff between the core 2 duo processor and core 2 duo processor with centrino.

Thanks
_______

A:Diff between centrino processor and core 2 duo processor

In a word nothing, the centrino branding does not refer to any specific additions to the processor, it is simply a label that is attached to laptops which use intel branded processor, integrated graphics and wireless chips.

Centrino is more of a marketing tool that Intel use to boost sales of their graphics and wireless chips, so you can pretty much ignore it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diff-between-centrino-processor-and-core-2-duo-processor.770100/
Relevancy 75.68%

I need to order a new desktop for my office to replace a 3 year old machine that runs at 3.2 Ghz. The new machines that Dell offers only has this option:

Intel® Core™2 Extreme QX6700 (8MB L2 Cache,2.66GHz,1066 FSB)

I don't think there is a standard measuring stick that is used to compare all the processor speeds that I can find or understand. I work with CAD programs that use up a lot of resources and I typically get the fastest available and max the RAM. With all the latest software that I have to install, I need the new machines to run faster than the ones they replace.

Can anyone tell me how this 2.66GHz processor compares to my current machine? I don't have the exact specs for it, this is what it lists on the dell support site for my system - PROCESSOR, 80532K, 3.2GHZ, 1M, 533, M0.

Relevancy 74.39%

Hello All I have a Hp Pavilion c Tower processor, won't up New power running Windows XP Home Edition with Amd Ghz Processor that ended up getting fried so we ordered a new one and replaced it after replacing it and attempting to boot the computer it started with a stop error saying that the Atapi sys file s date was incorrect so i restarted the computer to find that it would freeze at the loading screen for selecting a boot mode after rebooting multiple times getting New processor, won't power up the same thing over and over again and trying one last time to start it it stops loading completely does not load BIOS just starts with a black screen the lights say that its pulling from the HDD but you dont see anything happening i left it like that for about mins and to no result it was still sitting at a black screen i have tried re seating everything RAM PCI cards but to no avail i am now at a stand still i have also tried just booting with bare minimum keyboard and monitor but still to no avail have any thing for me to try nbsp

A:New processor, won't power up

Are you surer your MB supports the new CPU? and if it does, do you need a bios update for it?
secondly, when you say "fried"...what exactly does that mean, and are you sure it damage the MB along with it?

The Atapi.sys file process belongs to the software hard disk controller. You might try a different HDD to see if that is the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-processor-wont-power-up.153008/
Relevancy 74.39%

I have an Amd Athlon 64 3700+ 2.2ghz. Sometimes I notice when I start a game or something I will go into computer properties and it will say my system has 1ghz. Is this normal? I have also heard that a athlon 3700+ 2.2ghz is equal to a pentium 4 3.7ghz. Whenever I try and load up a Age of Empires 3 demo when I start it up it says that this game requires a 1.4ghz processor and it says my system only hase 1ghz. When I do start up the game it lags and default settings and I have 1gb of ram a 256mb gforce 6200 vid card when t he requirements are 1.4ghz procesoor 256mb ram and a 64mb graphics card. Can someone please help me with this. I also need to know if the processor dip is normal and why my computer says it only have 1ghz of speed when my processor equals to a 3.7ghz pentium 4.
Thanks

Relevancy 74.39%

While playing League of Legends I get better FPS while setting my max processor power around 70% rather than the full 100%.

At first I thought it was a heat issue but the problem occurred within 15 minutes of having the computer on, also it seems to go away almost immediately after setting the max processor use to a lower value.

So you ask, why not just play without maxing settings? Because now with limited processor use I cannot run FRAPS at the same time. If anyone knows what may be causing this, any advice would be great.

A:Get better FPS while using less processor power??

Maybe the processor is throttling because of heat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/144685-get-better-fps-while-using-less-processor-power.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Please see the attached picture and tell me what is Power PC Processor. Is this intel pocessor.

A:Power PC Processor

No. It's for use in a MAC system. I believe MOTOROLA makes it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/power-pc-processor.90652/
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to upgrade my 1.6 gig celeron prcessor to an intel core 2 duo e6550 2.66 gig.
my manual says it will support a core 2 duo processor. and has the LGA775 socket needed for said processor. A dell tech said even though motherbrd supports chip, it wont work as it hasn't been tested with my syst. Is this true, or is he blowing smoke up my a--???

A:Upgrade processor

I also ordered 1 GB ram in addition to processor to bring total ram up to 2 GB
Please Help?!?!?!?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-processor.646715/
Relevancy 73.53%

i am currently running a intel pentium 4 1.7ghz processor and i have a u8868 motherboard.i searched online for more info and was told i have a p4m266-8235 motherboard.i am trying to find out if i can upgrade my computer to a bigger processor without having to change my motherboard and i cant find any info on this.thanks shawn

A:trying to upgrade my processor

Do not know what make mobo you have but start here. http://tekgems.com/Products/et-9580-mbb-u8868-n.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-upgrade-my-processor.414382/
Relevancy 73.53%

Can somebody give me a reference please?
My motherboard currently is a Gigabyte GA-7ZX Rev. 5.0, currently running with a AMD Duron Socket A 800MHz. I would like to upgrade the motherboard with a AMD XP 2400+, but does my motherboard support that? I tried to find the info from Gigabyte, but either they don't post that because the board isn't the newest, or I looked in the wrong places.
Can somebody help?

Relevancy 73.53%

hi i Run a Lan center and im looking to upgrade the computers
this is what they have
k7s8x asrock mother boards with AMD 2600+ socket A
now it says if i flash the bios i can upgrade the processors to AMD 3000+ sockets

would it be much of a increase preformance that i should upgrade ?
it runs games now with frame rate of like 20 to 25 i wish to get the frame rate to atleast 35 to 40 we got decent video cards in there now 6200s but still haveing performance issuses

A:Should I Upgrade my Processor???

If money is no object then you might as well go ahead and do it. However, IMO it would not be worth the cost. I doubt the performance increase would be that significant and with an old Socket A motherboard you can't really upgrade to anything current. Personally, I would keep the current processor and just wait until you get an entirely new computer with socket AM2 or something like that.

Of course, if you want to buy it and sell me your current CPU for a good price... It is pretty difficult to even find Socket A processors these days.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-upgrade-my-processor.451353/
Relevancy 73.53%

i have bought a gateway lx - with AMD Phenom X GHz but i had a AMD Phenom II X Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor Model HDZ XCGIBOX - Retail put into help upgrade processor it and now vista is saying amd proccessor unknown model ghz and the proccessor is suspto run at mhz it says and under my current bios it has it at mhz what can i do to make it reconize the model processor upgrade help of the prossor and run at the speeds it should Hyper Transports MHz in belarc advisor it says this for proccessor gigahertz AMD Athlon kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache and this for main circuit board Board Gateway RS Rev Serial Number U Bus Clock megahertz BIOS American Megatrends Inc IP G any info on how to make it reconize the proccesor model or speeds it should run plz let me know processor upgrade help thanks for takeing the time to look at this post nbsp

A:processor upgrade help

Did you download the processor drivers from AMD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade-help.827599/
Relevancy 73.53%

i have a toshiba satellite L500D and i currently have an AMD Sempron M100 2ghz and it is really slow. i am wanting to upgrade to an AMD Turion II Ultra M600 TMM600DBO23GQ and i am fairly certain it is compatible but i dont really know. is there any reason why this would not work?

A:processor upgrade

It's almost always a bad idea to upgrade the processor in a laptop. The motherboards aren't "standard", they have to be completely torn apart which introduces all kinds of potential problems, and excessive heat is likely to be an issue with a more powerful processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade.1028029/
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently bought a computer which I will primarily use for work and web browsing but would also like to play the occasional game I would like to know if upgrading my psu and processor will help if it s possible and what to upgrade to My system information Operating System is Windows Ultimate my Am psu and able processor? i upgrade to -bit System Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor? model is Packard Bell Bv Istart Processor Gigahertz intel pentium Somebody has already told me the following Your motherboard has a PCI-e x port It will accept any almost any graphics card out there But your CPU will bottleneck anything that will play games decently Also the PSU Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor? with these pre-built PC is often of quality just enough for the system in question You won t be able to put a mid-range graphics card in it even previous generation ones If you want to use this PC for a little gaming a Radeon will do It does not require additional power connectors It might still be more than your CPU can handle but its around the lowest card you can get Still if you can you can built a nice little gaming PC that can run modern games for around nbsp

A:Am i able to upgrade my psu and processor?

Packard Bell PCs are notoriously hard to upgrade, I think because they use non-standard power supply and case connectors, like some Dells. Such an old system is not worth spending money on (I tried the same thing a couple years ago with a high-end Dell Pentium 4, and it was a waste of time and money - bottlenecks, freezes, BSODs, etc). I would start with a cheap socket 1155 board and an i3 or i5 processor, then it would be worth adding a decent video card and power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/am-i-able-to-upgrade-my-psu-and-processor.196152/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a socket 7 motherboard with a 400 amd k6-2 I was wanting to know what is the fastest and best processor I can upgrade to maybe an amd k6-2 550 or a cyrix 700mhz or anything else

Look at your board specs and if you don't have a manual, look it up online. I would say the fastes would be a 500 as your bords bus speed is probably only 66MHz and the multiplier will not go any highr than that. If it supports 7.5 to 1 then it should work for the 550.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade.53651/
Relevancy 73.53%

I don't want to buy a new computer, but I would like to upgrade the processor on this one. I'm running an AMD Athlon 900MHz.

Does anyone know what I need to know in order to upgrade to a 1.5+ GHz processor? How do I find out what is compatible with what I have and would work?

A:Upgrade to 1.5 GHz processor

Hi,
For starters..what brand/model is your motherboard? Look within your manual for possible listing of supported processor speeds...what type of PS are you using? You may need a more powerful one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-to-1-5-ghz-processor.125773/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, can anyone tell me if I can upgrade my processor in my laptop? I have an emacines E625 with cpuTF20, 2gb Ram, 160 gb harddrive, Processor AMD Athlon(tm) Processor TF-20, 1600 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
If it matters I currently run windows Vista Home Basic. I would like to upgrade to a dual processor if possible? Very slow playing games. Any help is appreciated.
Thank you,
Sheila

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello Everyone...I would like to upgrade my hp pavilion dv6 AMD processor and would like assistance as to the best alternative upgrade to go for.My current processor is AMD phenom ll p960 1.8 ghz quad core and has AMD Radeon hd 7400m and ati Radeon 4200 graphics.I was hoping to go for a more powerful processor that's atleast 3ghz or 2.5 ghz would be alright.Are there any better options and if so please assistMuch appreciation

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-Upgrade/td-p/5653471
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a 433i e-machine with many upgrades. I was wanting to upgrade the 433 celeron is 533 the fatest I can put in or can I go up to 900 both are socket 370. I have done some research and the motherboard I have is TriGem Computer, Inc. COMO3 1.00. Can anybody help me out, please.

Can't find much but apparently you have an 440lx chipset. That chipset is not coppermine compatible so I don't believe you can upgrade that high. Also you motherboard was built to support 66mhz front side bus, I beleive the 900 is a 100mhz front side bus. 533 maybe as high as you can go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade.53107/
Relevancy 73.53%

My laptop type is dell inspiron 14 3421 celeron 1007u 1.5gHz socket BGA1023 ..... I'll dicided to upgrade my processor to core i3 ..... but I don't know about the processor type..... my question is, what type processor the same with my socket???

A:Upgrade processor

BGA isn't a socket type - it means ball-grid array.  These CPUs are not replaceable.
The processor in this model is soldered to the system board.  In order to upgrade, you'll need to replace the entire mainboard -- which will come with the new CPU soldered to it.  If you replace the board with one having nVidia graphics, note that you will also need to replace the heatsink assembly (the one for your existing Intel board won't fit the nVidia board) and you may need to replace your power adapter (the Intel GPU requires far less power than the nVidia, so you'll need an upgraded AC adapter).
The boards you're looking for are listed here:
www.parts-people.com/index.php

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991899
Relevancy 73.53%

Can I upgrade the processor speed of my Acer Aspire 6360S. I've got 256K RAM and am running Windows XP

Relevancy 73.53%

Can I upgrade using an intel i7 4790K  4.0 ghz processor on a hp pavilion desktop model 550-044?

A:Upgrade Processor

DKinsman1234, welcome to the forum. Here are the processor upgrades that are supported by the motherboard and HP: TDP: Up to 88 WSocket type: LGA 1150 (Socket-H3)Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:ProcessorTDPIntegrated GraphicsIntel Celeron G1840 (Haswell) 2.8 GHz Dual Core53 WIntel HD Graphics (GT1)Intel Celeron G1850 (Haswell) 2.9 GHz Dual Core53 WIntel HD Graphics (GT1)Intel Pentium G3250 (Haswell) 3.2 GHz Dual Core53 WIntel HD Graphics (GT1)Intel Pentium G3260 (Haswell) 3.3 GHz Dual Core53 WIntel HD GraphicsIntel Pentium G3450 (Haswell) 3.4 GHz Dual Core53 WIntel HD Graphics (GT1)Intel Pentium G3460 (Haswell) 3.5 GHz Dual Core53 WGT1Intel Pentium G3470 (Haswell) 3.6 GHz Dual Core53 WIntel HD GraphicsIntel Core i3-4150 (Haswell) 3.5 GHz Dual Core54 WIntel HD Graphics 4400 (GT2)Intel Core i3-4160 (Haswell) 3.5 GHz Dual Core54 WIntel HD Graphics 4400 (GT2)Intel Core i3-4170 (Haswell) 3.7 GHz Dual Core54 WIntel HD Graphics 4400Intel Core i3-4350 (Haswell) 3.6 GHz Dual Core54 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i3-4360 (Haswell) 3.7 GHz Dual Core54 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i3-4370 (Haswell) 3.8 GHz Dual Core54 WGT2Intel Core i5-4460 (Haswell) 3.4 GHz Quad Core84 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i5-4460S (Haswell) 3.1 GHz Quad Core84 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i5-4460T (Haswell) 1.9 GHz Quad Core35 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i5-4590 (Haswell) 3.3 GHz Quad Core84 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i5-4690 (Haswell) 3.5 GHz Quad Core84 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i5-4690K (Haswell) 3.5 GHz Quad Core88 WGT2Intel Core i7-4790 (Haswell) 3.6 GHz Quad Core84 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i7-4790S (Haswell) 3.2 GHz Quad Core65 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2)Intel Core i7-4790T (Haswell) 2.7 GHz Quad Core45 WIntel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2) As you can see, the i7-4790K is not listed.  However, with that said, this doesn't mean that it won't work, but has not been tested to make certain it is compatible.  You would be responsible if I didn't work. Personally, I have my doubts that you would see much performance increase with the K.  It denotes that the processor can be overclocked and since the K versions have not been tested for the motherboard, I doubt if the UEFI/BIOS has the settings to allow it to be overclocked.  You would be spending money for an option that you couldn't use.  Any of the i7 (Quad Core) processors would be a major improvement over the i3 (Dual Core) that came installed from the factory. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-Processor/td-p/5631038
Relevancy 73.53%

Can I still upgrade processor of hp pavilion dv4 1140go with intel I5?

Solved!
View Solution.

Nope it's a Core 2 Duo so has a different socket than any of the i3, i5, i7 processors. You could install a much better Core 2 Duo, however. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/processor-upgrade/td-p/5667821
Relevancy 73.53%

i have a acer with a 1.8ghz pcu the model is m1610 desktop the mother board is a f672cr and what i want to know is can i upgrade my processor and if so what to ? can some one please help me as i dont want to go and buy a new one and then i end up costing myself a fortune because it has messed my motherboard up thanks.

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, this is my first post, so be gentle.
I have an Acer Aspire 5532 with an AMD Athlon 64 processor TF-20 (1.6 GHz)
I am trying to upgrade the cpu to a pentium 4 cpu with 2.26 GHz.

All i'm wondering is if this is actually an upgrade, and if so, is it an upgrade that my comp can handle. If it's not an upgrade or it doesn't work for my computer, would you have any suggestions.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Relevancy 73.53%

Wondering if it's worth upgrading to a new CPU for my Acer computer and what AMD processor can I upgrade too.

Property Value
Manufacturer Acer
Model EM61SM/EM61PM
Chipset NVIDIA MCP61
Southbridge NVIDIA MCP61

Current CPU AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi evry1
i m new to this site
i just required to know about the performance of of intel quad core processor.
if any1 of u have used it plzz give feedbacks.

A:help me with my processor upgrade...

All those using quad core processors are Intel fan boys! How can you trust a fan boy? Jusk kidding. I'm pretty sure the owners of quad core processors are going to tell you that they are "sweet".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-with-my-processor-upgrade.90157/
Relevancy 73.53%

hey,
i have an amd athlon xp 2200+ colcked at 1795Mhz and i was wondering if it is possible just to take out your old processor and replace it with a new 1.

i hav a piece of software that tells me that my motherboadr can handle 2900Mhz. My motherboard is compaq with an nforce 1 chipset.

can any of u folks giv me some advice on this?

Relevancy 73.53%

I need to upgrade my AMD Duron(tm) processor to support PAE, NX and SSE2 in order for Windows 8 to be installed.  Is this possible?  If yes with what  type processor?

A:Processor upgrade

Read the tutorial and see if something relavent to your case: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07139

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151172.0.html
Relevancy 73.53%

i have hp Pavilion G6 2320SX note-book and i want to upgrade processor i3 to i7 does it possible?and how to find right processsor.thank you.Faheem

A:upgrade processor i3 to i7

Hi, Please use part number on page 84 of the following manual:      http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03593041.pdf Manual also shows you how to replace the CPU (Processor). More manuals:       http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5330578/model/5361270/manuals Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrade-processor-i3-to-i7/td-p/5646002
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi All I have a HP computer which I want to upgrade the processor in The model of the HP is an a a Desktop specifications for it can be found here https h www hp upgrade to the my HP processor Want in com ewfrf wc loc amp lc Want to upgrade the processor in my HP en amp dlc en amp cc us amp product According to HP documentation I can upgrade as far as an Intel E however my friend has just given me an E the irony Here is a link to the processor capabilities of my HP https h www hp com ewfrf wc document docname c amp tmp track link ot recdoc c en us c loc amp cc us amp dlc en amp lc en amp product The processor is the right socket type however there is a chance that the motherboard BIOS will not support the instruction set of the E I noticed that the motherboard is an ECS GCT-HM Livermore and for all intents and purposes it looks like an ECS GCT-M V - the only exception being that the quot -M quot has beth an AGP and a PCIe Slot Would it be possilbe to use a BIOS upgrade from the ECS website if my HP struggles when I install the E http www ecs com tw ECSWebSite Product Product Detail aspx DetailID amp CategoryID amp DetailName Feature amp MenuID amp LanID Any advice will be greatly appreciated Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Want to upgrade the processor in my HP

Not worth the effort.

Only an HP BIOS would be suggested. And even though HP is using MB's manufactured by another vendor, that vendor (ECS in this case) won't support the motherboard and their standard BIOS's likely won't install or it will install and brick the motherboard. In most cases, (BIOS, firmware, etc.) the installer will check for valid hardware. As the motherboard is a "HP" MB, the installer will likely just spit out an error like "hardware not supported".

Feel free to experiment and try to get it to work. But you aren't the only one that has had these type of thoughts and it's not often that I've seen a success story.

I'd suggest a motherboard and cpu upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/want-to-upgrade-the-processor-in-my-hp.1029281/
Relevancy 73.53%

Here is the deal. I have had an old HP XT963 computer for a LONG time and I have kept it in really good shape and clean etc... But the time has come where my 1.2 Celeron processor just doesn't cut it. I cannot identify the motherboard on the system so I haven't ever had the guts to just go buy a new processor and install it. How do I know what processor I can install on the motherboard? Also, is there a processor I can get that will actually improve my system performance?

A:Upgrade my processor.

Sorry, you're stuck with a 1.2Ghz. Celeron.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...6895&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-my-processor.641649/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have two Dell computers . One is a 8400 with Pent. 4 3.2 processor and the other is an 8200 with a Pent 4 1.8 processor. I would like to speed the 8200 up. What would be the best processor to go to? Would it make a noticeable difference?

A:Upgrade Processor

You need to visit Dell and see what the fastest processor that the 8200 will support. Near the middle of this Dell Dimension Processor Upgrade FAQ there is a table that specifies
Socket 478 - Willamette, Northwood, 400 MHz bus, 533 MHz bus (some)Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-processor.527692/
Relevancy 73.53%

I currently own an HP 635 notebook PC with an AMD E-450 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 1.65GHz processor. I would like to buy a new processor to improve my gaming experience But do not know if it is compatible... I am willing to buy the AMD Phenom II N660 3 GHz Dual-Core (HMN660DCR23GM) Processor...Will it be compatible? And will my PC be able to support it? Thanks in advance! This processor is listed on page 4 of this PDF file about the HP 635 (under standard features): http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13969_div/13969_div.PDF

Solved!

View Solution.

A:HP 635 Processor upgrade?

Don't shoot the messenger, but upgrading to that processor would also require replacing the motherboard. Your Service Manual See page 21.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-635-Processor-upgrade/td-p/2986993
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi All This is my first thread so please be patient with me I have a year old computer which fully satisfies my requirements except it is slow by present standards I have increased memory to megs and frequently carry out all necessary housekeeping although I am sure there is a load of rubbish on the HD which has gathered over the years but that is another question The system has an AMD Athlon XP processor ghtz which sits on a Gigabyte VTX x motherboard Before I start looking at changing the motherboard which I don t really want to do my question is what is the fastest AMD processor I can fit to my present board to give me a decent increase in speed and are there any complications I may come up against I know my choice will be limited but I don t want to get into changing a large number of components or trying to talk Microsoft into letting me re-register Windows XP Processor AMD Upgrade amongst other things Any advice will be gratefully appreciated nbsp

A:AMD Processor Upgrade

According to what ive reviewed of your MoBo... it a pretty old one.
Its a Socket A... so im guessing that the fastest AMD CPU it can handle its a AMD Athlon XP 1800+-2000+ kinda that has a Front Side Bus of 200/266 MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-upgrade.41163/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello, currently I own a Lenovo G50-45 Laptop with Windows 8.1 and I am looking to see if I can upgrade the upgrade the Processor and RAM. Currently in the system is the AMD A8 6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics and 6 GB of RAM and I'd like to upgrade the RAM to 8 GB and the Processor to something with much higher performance. Thank you!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:G50-45 Processor and RAM upgrade?

Hi Trident1,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

The Processor this unit is Embedded to the motherboard and can't be replaced or upgraded.

Your Processor AMD A8 6410 APU is part of the Beema Architecture which supports 16GB RAM
    YES you can upgrade up to 8GB DDR3L 1600
                     This system can take up to 16GB MAX by using  2x 8GB Module 

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-45-Processor-and-RAM-upgrade/td-p/2138068
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello folks I d like to know the fastest CPU my mobo can support Its processor AMD upgrade a really confusing place out there -- also memory is that ok Physical Memory MB Total MB Free Memory Load Virtual Memory MB Total MB Free PageFile Name C pagefile sys PageFile Size MB In use MB Max used MB Registry Size MB current MB maximum Profile GUID d c c - c - df-b e - d f The system AMD processor upgrade clock interval ms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Motherboard Top lt TOC gt Property Value Manufacturer eveshamvale Model MS- Version Serial Number North Bridge NVIDIA nForce Revision A South Bridge NVIDIA nForce MCP Revision A AMD processor upgrade CPU AMD Athlon tm Processor Cpu Socket Socket System Slots PCI AGP Memory Summary Maximum Capacity MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size MBytes Memory Slots Error Correction None ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BIOS Top lt TOC gt Property Value BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies AMD processor upgrade LTD BIOS Version PG Firmware Version BIOS Date BIOS Size KB BIOS Starting Segment E h DMI Version Characteristics - supports ISA - supports PCI - supports Plug-and-Play - supports APM - upgradeable Flash BIOS - allows BIOS shadowing - supports booting from CD-ROM - supports selectable boot - BIOS ROM is socketed - supports Enhanced Disk Drive specification - supports INT -inch K floppy services - supports INT -inch M floppy services - supports INT -inch K floppy services - supports INT -inch M floppy services - supports INT print-screen - supports INT and keyboard services - supports INT serial services - supports INT printer services - supports INT CGA Mono video services - supports ACPI - supports legacy USB - supports AGP - supports booting from LS- - supports booting from ATAPI ZIP drive ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CPU Info Top lt TOC gt Property Value Number of CPU s One Physical Processor One Core One Logical Processor bits CPU Full Name AMD Athlon tm Processor CPU Name AMD Athlon CPU Code Name NewCastle Platform Name Socket Revision DH -CG Technology m Instructions MMX DNow SSE SSE x - NX Original Clock MHz Original System Clock MHz Original Multiplier CPU Clock MHz System Clock MHz HT Link MHz Core Speed MHz Core Multiplier L Data Cache KBytes L Instructions Cache KBytes L Cache KBytes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Memory Top lt TOC gt Property Value ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Memory Summary Top lt TOC gt Property Value Maximum Capacity MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size MBytes Memory Slots Error Correction None DRAM Frequency MHz Memory Timings - - - CL-RCD-RP-RAS ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Device Locator Slot Top lt TOC gt Property Value Manufacturer Micron Technology Part Number VDDT AY F Serial Number E CC Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits Manufacturing Date Week EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Device Locator Slot Top lt TOC gt Property Value Manufacturer Samsung Part Number M L FTN-CCC Serial Number F B FD Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS-RC Data Width bits Manufacturing Date Week EPP SPD Support No XMP SPD Support No ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Device Locator Slot Top lt TOC gt Property Value Manufacturer Micron Technology Part Number VDDT AY DB Serial Number F A F Capacity MBytes Memory Type DDR PC Speed MHz Supported Frequencies MHz MHz Memory Timings - - - - at MHz at volts CL-RCD-RP-RAS... Read more

Relevancy 73.53%

Hello all.

I have an HP Pavilion dv6780se Notebook. I am very happy with the notebook, but would like to upgrade the processor.

What is the fastest / most powerful processor that this particular laptop can support? I know that not all processors will be compatible with it.

A:Processor Upgrade

Since all volume manufacturers such as HP, Gateway, Dell, etc. use manufacturer proprietary motherboards you should contact HP to see if the machine will support a faster processor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade.696747/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi all,
I have a processor that is about 220megahurtz.
Should I upgrade it? :/

A:Should I Upgrade my Processor?

CPU upgrades usually aren't very cost effective. With an OEM computer even determining what CPUs are compatible can be difficult. In a laptop CPUs are often not user replaceable.

As your system specs are very vague only general information can be provided.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/304210-should-i-upgrade-my-processor.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Compaq Presario C700 Laptop and I wanted to know if its possible to upgrade my processor.My current processor is "Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T2310  @ 1.46GHz" (Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46GHz)I want to upgrade to a faster one (at least 1.70GHz, but would prefer 2.00GHz+), but I'm not sure if it's okay. I have searched a bit and I'm pretty sure that a "Core 2 Duo T8300 processor @ 2.4 GHz 800 MHz FSB" would work and it's the best I could find.(Core 2 Duo T8300 processor @ 2.4 GHz 800 MHz FSB)They both support the same socket (PGA478 right?) and same package size. So what I want to know is can I upgrade to the processor I mentioned or a better one if possible, and if not what can I upgrade to? Would really appreciate any support.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Can I upgrade my processor?

OK... So, here is list of processor that was tested on this, which I will say should work...any thing outside this list, I am not sure... T7250 (2.0GHz, 800MHz, 2MB L2 cache) T7100 (1.8GHz, 800MHz, 2MB L2 cache) T2310 (1.46GHz, 533MHz, 1MB L2 cache) T2330 (1.60GHz, 533MHz, 1MB L2 cache)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-upgrade-my-processor/td-p/317886
Relevancy 73.53%

I am looking to upgrade my slow computer to something a little faster. I want to change the processor if that is all I can get away with. This is what I have:
My Computer is a Gateway g6-350 the motherboard is a MBD PII/BX TB W/AUD R1 and here is a link for that if you are curious: http://www.gateway.com/support/techdocs/references/motherboard/4m4pb0x1/4m4pb0x12.shtml

And I went to a upgrade site (www.evergreennow.com) to look at processor upgrade chips and was totally lost to what to get. All help is appreciated, Thank You.

Relevancy 73.53%

hello, right now I have Intel core 2 Duo CPU T7500which other better processors supported the "compag 6910p" ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-Upgrade/td-p/5655764
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently put a new much larger harddrive in my pc went from gb to gb that is working fine windows all installed and ok but sometimes programs are slow especially games and dvds jump and the sound is stuttery I have all the same programs running as before and scan disk disfrag spyware and virus scans make no difference As the pc was fine before I am guessing this problem is down to the new drive using more resources I do not want to lessen upgrade ? Processor the harddrive size because a its a pain having to keep stuff on disks thats why I got such a large drive b I can t afford it so what would be the best thing to do Would upgrading the processor help or am I on completely the wrong track I currently have a GHz AMD Althlon Would a GHz make enough difference and does the new processor have to be an AMD Many thanks Claire nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, I have an HP Notebook - 15-r100nia laptop. I want to upgrade my processor with my Dell Inspiron n5010 i3 processor. Will they be compatible??? Can I upgrade my graphics card too? any suggests?  Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-Upgrade/td-p/5632724
Relevancy 73.53%

My laptop is a lenovo G480 (20149.). I3-2348M processor, I want to upgrade, I would like to know which processors are compatible with my mother board.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/processor-upgrade/td-p/3394751
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm thinking of upgrading my current processor for better performance.

Here is my current processor info:

Intel(R) Processor Frequency ID Utility
Version: 5.6.20030609
Time Stamp: 2003/06/29 01:21:52
Number of processors in system: 1
Current processor: #1
Processor Name: Intel(R) Celeron(R) Processor
Type: 0
Family: 6
Model: 8
Stepping: 3
Revision: 10
L1 Instruction Cache: 16 KB
L1 Data Cache: 16 KB
L2 Cache: 128 KB
Packaging: FC-PGA
MMX(TM): Yes
SIMD: Yes
SIMD2: No
NetBurst(TM) Microarchitecture: No
Expected Processor Frequency: 667 MHz
Reported Processor Frequency: 667 MHz
Expected System Bus Frequency: 66 MHz
Reported System Bus Frequency: 66 MHz

My current motherboard supports SDRAM.

I know I'd have to get a processor in the same family.(Intel Celeron). How would I figure out what my current motherboard would support? I'm not exactly sure what specs I need to look for when getting a new processor. Please help.

Relevancy 73.53%

Pls i want to know if its possible to upgrade Amd Athlon 4 processor to Amd athlon Xp?

A:Help with processor upgrade!

It depends on whether the motherboard supports the proposed CPU. What brand and model PC do you have or if it is a self-built or custom built PC, what motherboard make and model does it have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-processor-upgrade.151157/
Relevancy 73.53%

im on my way 2 to try and upgrade the processor on my gateway 503gr(http://support.gateway.com/s/PC/R/3724/4172nv.shtml) and was wondering what my options are.
If anyone could help w/this it'd be greatly appreciated

A:Processor upgrade help

u need to find out what cpu socket u have. that would really help... examples are socket a or socket 775.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade-help.609833/
Relevancy 73.53%

ive heard about issues about a bios and junk, and i dont want to mess up my Cpu, i have an intel x86 464Mhz proscessor, and my bios is from 2000, can i upgrade to a better proceesor

A:How do I upgrade my processor

Hi and Welcome to Techspot!!

We need to know first about your mobo (motherboard ). What make and model is it?

Regards :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-upgrade-my-processor.61524/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have an old desktop with a pentium 4 2.2GHZ processor. It seems it can't handle the netflix streaming (processor goes up to 100%). Am I able to upgrade the processor?

Relevancy 73.53%

I nned to know if I can upgrade my AMD-6000 processer to a AMD-6400 without having to reload the OS. I am not changing the MOB and assumed that I could just swap the processors.
Thanks in advance for your help with my question.
Pull

Relevancy 73.53%

Should I upgrade my processor speed? Look at my spec in my sig and see if I should. Also, here is the compatibility list of peoples computer that upgraded their processor.

My system is a G6-400 and the model # is Intel (Tabor II- WS440BX).

https://www.quickbase.com/db/6v74ue7a?a=s&dvqid=20&query={'1002'.CT.'Gateway'}&clist=1008.1017.1023.1015.1021.1002.1003.1016.1006.1012.1014&slist=1002.1003&opts=sortorder-AA.groupby-V.clt-2.tmx-35

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi ya ll I m kinda new here so please be patient I have and older E-Machine W with a AMD Athalon XP processor And yes upgrade Processor AMD I had already upgraded the P S to a watt Everything works great Last week a friend of mine gave me his dead E-machine Model T It came with a AMD Athalon XP Processor Guess he didn t upgrade his P S soon enough So I said to myself quot Self Why don t I take the processor out of this dead machine and put it in my W machine as an upgrade quot So I did and it AMD Processor upgrade does run fine I put a Nvidia G-force MB videocard AMD Processor upgrade and wow this AMD Processor upgrade machine screams I then went into my device manager to check out the processor and I saw a quot Unknown Processor quot message in the sub-folder Now my W came with a AM board and this dead T came with a AM board Someone said to me I needed to upgrade the bios versions for the processor chip So My question is How can I do this Do I log on to E-Machine support and download the bios version for the AM board which came with the processor or do I download the bios for the AM which came with the processor Did E-Machine ever put a processor in it s older AM board Any solutions from you fine geeks Thanks nbsp

A:AMD Processor upgrade

Not sure what you mean by a screaming machine - if it goes like the clappers, leave it alone. Just watch the heat as AMDs run hotter than Intel.
If it makes a screaming noise, put it back to where you found it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-processor-upgrade.87700/
Relevancy 73.53%

hi i hope someone can help me with this,

i have a vaio vgn-cs13g, can i upgrade its processor? what could be its highest? and i cannot play games like call of duty black ops? what cud i possibly do? pls help

thnx.

A:upgrade processor

This is a laptop, right? In nearly all such cases the simple answer is NO because laptop processors are generally not removable. Also, the problem in playing games can also be due to the video chipset not being able to meet the demands of the games.

Unless you go to the extra expense of acquiring a "gaming" laptop, your experience is going to be poor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/261334-upgrade-processor.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My system currently is comprised of and Intel D845WN MB and Intel P4 1.5 CPU. Is there a way i can upgrade to 2.4 - 2.5 without having to get a new MB..or are there Processors at those speeds that are 400 FSB? Thanks in Advance.

System Specs:

Intel D845WN P4 MotherBoard
Intel 1.5 CPU
640 SDRAM
Windows XP Home Edition

Relevancy 73.53%

Simply Put.
Is it possible to upgrade my processor? I haven't taken my PC apart yet, but I don't know exactly where to look to find my processor. And I don't know if it can be upgraded or not.

I do a lot of graphics work and my PC really needs a boost, so upgrading from a P4 to a Dual-core or a Quad would be a helpful step. I just hope I don't need to buy and install (if I could :/) a new motherboard. (If that is applicable)

Thanks

~Saito

A:Is it possible to upgrade my processor?

Open the case of your PC and find out the make and model of your motherboard (or check you manual if you have one). This can usually be found printed somewhere on the board itself. Stick that into google to find the documention and hence the processors that are supported by your mobo.

To get a significant boost you'll probably need a new mobo, CPU, more RAM and a faster hard drive (10/15k rpm).

Slainte

midders

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-it-possible-to-upgrade-my-processor.873938/
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello I m currently contemplating buying a new processor and I Looking upgrade Processor to really could use some help I m not very familiar when it comes to computer parts and the such Basically I upgraded my video card about a year ago so I could run WoW on higher graphics and it worked out great but my friend who assisted me in buying this new graphics card told me eventually I Looking to upgrade Processor d have to replace my processor since it was the one thing that wouldn t keep up with up to date games like Looking to upgrade Processor Battlefield for instance So I did a PC can you run it test for Battlefield and the only thing that failed was my processor so I d like to know if I could upgrade it to get a better experience with the games I currently play and the games for the future And also if I would have to get a new motherboard to support a processor good enough for games like BF my computer specs are as follows Tech Support Guy System Info Looking to upgrade Processor Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus None I m kind of new to this so if there is any information left out I can provide it as needed Also if anything else should be upgraded such as my videocard I would be greatly appreciative if anyone would let me know Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Dell Dimension E520 Desktop PC.

I currently have a -

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz.
I want to know if I can upgrade this, and what socket type I have/need.

(Is LGA 775 good? Because I found a good one at that.)

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi,

I want to upgrade the processor of my PC.
My current processor is an AMD Athlon XP, 1466 MHz (11 x 133) 1700+ motherboard: Asus A7V8X

I know that my motherboard will support any and all AMD XP processors so I wanted to go for the AMD XP3200+ , what do you guys think?

The XP3200+ that runs on the 400Mhz FSB and has 512KB of L2 Cache should give me a very significant upgrade in speed.
Would I need PC3200 RAM (400Mhz) to go with that CPU?
How can I know if my actual ram slot are 400Mhz or less?

How much and in what way I would see the increase of performances of my PC?
thank you

Relevancy 73.53%

can i upgrade Processor AMD A4-3330MX APU with any processor which is faster than it.....please tell me 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/upgrade-Processor/td-p/5817958
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-S480 and I'd like to upgrade the processor in hopes to get better performance from my machine. My question is this: If I upgrade the processor will I need to upgrade the system board as well? Will my current board support a faster processor? Is this even a possibility? I've had the computer for about three years now, but it's still a good computer. I'd just like to step it up a notch or two.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered!

calibretto

Relevancy 73.53%

ive identified that i have an Asus P5S800-VM/S motherboard with an Intel Celeron D processor installed on it, i want to upgrade to a Intel Pentium Dual-Core but dont know if it is compatible.

Any help would be much appreciated

A:Processor Upgrade Help

No can do. It only suppports up to 800 FSB Pentium 4 processors.
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/P5S800-VM.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade-help.749143/
Relevancy 73.53%

I recently aquired a pretty old PC it is running on 668mhz has 160MB ram and a 10gb hdd.

The ram and HDD I can upgrade easily but how do I replace a processor?? Is this easy? I took a look on google but not a lot came up and certainly nothing with pictures.

I want to get this PC running for my sister who wants one for her son (he is 7) to play on.

Anyone know of anywhere that has step-by-step instructions on doing this type of thing??

Relevancy 73.53%

I started out thinking I needed more RAM and now I'm looking at swappin' CPU's. I am currently running a single core AMD Athelon.
There are a bunch of different CPUs that will work with my MOBO. I have an AM2+ socket and here are the processors I have to choose from.

•AMD Phenom II Quad-Core
•AMD Phenom II Triple-Core
•AMD Phenom Quad-Core (A) 9xxx series (AM2+)
•AMD Phenom Triple-Core (T) 8xxx series (AM2+)
•AMD Athlon X4
•AMD Athlon X3
•AMD Athlon X2 (B) (AM2+)

Is there a major difference in the Phenom and Athelon??? The "Black" series???
I went to Newegg and found only 3 different CPUs to choose from. Tiger Direct has about 15. am on a budget so I can't just pick the most expensive and figure I am getting what's best. So...I am looking for input!
I love this place!!!

A:Processor Upgrade ???

There are several good sites that let you compare CPUs,such as Tom's Hardware and Anandtech. What a "good" CPU is depends on what you want to do with it. If you are not doing things that can use multiple cores, they only add cost, not performance. Blacks have the CPU multiplier unlocked, if you want to play with overclocking.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade.977795/
Relevancy 73.53%

I bought a used laptop and would like to upgrade the cpu, and was wondering what were my options.It is a Compaq Presario CQ57-212NR LW443UA#ABA. currently holds an AMD  C-50 1Ghz processor.

A:what processor can I upgrade too?

According to what I see in the Maintenencve & Service guide, replacing the systemboard is the only means of upgrading the processor. The AMD processor is a BGA type and is soldered onto the systemboard  with the chipset. Your notebook is non upgradeable, in terms of the AMD processor.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-processor-can-I-upgrade-too/td-p/5595837
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi, I want to upgrade my processor, sometimes my computer slows down, also I need it to render some videos and use software that takes a lot of RAM use.My Processor is : AMD E2 3000M APU with radeon (tm) hd graphics (2 CPU'S)1.80 ghz Or maybe I can upgrade my  RAM from 4GB to 8GB wich one is best? Should I Upgrade my processor? If so, wich ones are compatible?Or jus by upgrading my RAM will it run faster?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/UPGRADE-MY-PROCESSOR/td-p/5631625
Relevancy 73.53%

I'd like to upgrade RAM up to 16 Gb. Help me, please - I don't understand how to define frequency and CAS Latency compability of RAM and motherboard (sorry for my English). My motherboard frecuancy is a...Can I install this memory (DDR3l)SO-DDR3 16Gb(2x8Gb) PC12800 1600MHz Kingston CL9 HX316LS9IBK2/16 HyperX Impact Black ? If my choice is wrong, may be I could install this RAM (also DDR3L):SODIMM Kingston HyperX Impzact [HX316LS9IB/8] ? How much memory does my motherboard support? And what about my processor upgrade?The only choice is i7-3770s ? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-Ram-and-Processor/td-p/5653679
Relevancy 73.53%

hi, i hope this is the right section.

for mainly the purpose of playing Second Life at a good FPS, i want to upgrade my 666mhz processor to something substantially beefier.

i have been recommended to go for a 2.8 gig mhz one, and also told that dual core runs slower than non dual core on SL.

i intend to go and get one from PC world or something and have them install it for me on site, but having had a look through ebay the prices seem to vary wildly (and thats even before a possible technician charge)

what sort of price will i be looking at? (UK)

INTEL PENTIUM 3
666 MHZ
1 GB RAM
microsoft windows xp
service pack 2
==========
radeon 9550 agp x4 / x8

cheers.

A:processor upgrade help please :)

Ok well i would like to know what we are working with here. What socket is your motherboard? or better yet the model number so i can find it online. And also what video card do you have? i need more system specs here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-upgrade-help-please.78855/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have purchased a amd athalon 64x2 5600 processor and installed it in place of a 4400 ,which manufacturer of board says it will work.I booted it up and it says it is an un supported processor,then it shuts down is this a bios issue .How do I upgrade bios.mcp61pm-hm rev:i.ob up to 5600+ up to 89 watts

Relevancy 73.53%

I have moved this question to the Hardware Forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade.696460/
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to upgrade my Processor to dual core but i don't know if the motherboard will accept it my current processor details are

Manufacturer​

Intel

Type​

Pentium 4 (Prescott, 90 nm)

Model​

SL7YV

Clock Speed​

2.93 GHz

Front Bus Speed​

533 MHz

Cache​

1024 kB

Socket​

LGA775

Stepping core​

D0​

can i do this without changing the motherboard thanks in advance

Relevancy 73.53%

I have a choice to make and I m unsure which way to go I can get one of the following upgrades Mhz AMD Duron with an Abit board for help upgrade Processor cdn with my celeron and board as a trade Mhz AMD Duron with an Abit board for with trade Celeron with a Houston Technologies Board with onboard sound K modem and a TNT Mb shared memory Processor upgrade help video card all built in trading in my processor board modem voodoo banshee mb video card for All of these options are installed and taxes in I m leaning towards the since it ll be easier to add better parts as I go than the board with all the built in s Also the only has a mhz bus and the and have mhz I assume that will make a big difference in speed Anyone care to offer an opinion I need to know if the Duron is more desireable than the Celeron and if I should stay away from built-in components Thanks This message has been edited by lavigne edited - - nbsp

Relevancy 73.53%

Does anyone know if a BY80607002526AE (Corei7 940xm socket G1) go into a system with a BX80607I7720QM (Corei7 720 QM socket G1) processor and increase processing power significantly? At least enough to be worth the added $150 upgrade? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Processor-upgrade/td-p/5664358
Relevancy 73.53%

After I install a processor to a motherboard, can I upgrade that prcessor in the future?

A:Processor upgrade?

Entirely dependent on the ability of the Motherboard as to what it will accept.

If the processor you are installing is the maximum in terms of clock speed etc that the board will accept, then no.

If the board will take a faster processor than the one you are installing, then yes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade.577662/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Dell Dimension 2350 that has a celeron 2.0 processor. I am wondering if I could upgrade to a Pentium processor and if so which models? Thanks

A:Processor upgrade or not?

With a 400mHz. FSB there is nothing you can really upgrade to that would be a significant improvement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/processor-upgrade-or-not.716423/
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm wanting to upgrade my processor but am not sure what my motherboard and power supply can handle. I have an old Gateway model E-4200. The power supply is 250 watts. Currently running a 600mhz Genuine Intell processor. What would be the largest Genuine Intell processor I could upgrade to without replacing the motherboard or power supply? Are there any other components I should consider in this upgrade? Thank You

Relevancy 73.53%

Hey everyone... I have a 1.4 AMD processor and I am wondering how can I ugrade or increase the gigahertz

can you buy chips?? or what

Relevancy 73.53%

My motherboard is a 8500tur (biostar) I have changed my processor from 166mhz to 200mhz, jumped the correct jumpers on the board according to manufactuers specs, but it still runs at 166mhz . Maybe there is somthing I have overlooked ? could you please help.Derrick

Relevancy 73.53%

i have laptop lenovo z50-70 it has slow processor i want to change it can i do it?

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

A:Z50-70 - Can I upgrade the processor?

Hi kevinsamer , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

What processor do you currently have?
Checking on the socket supported for the CPU on most variants on this model :
Intel® Celeron® Processor 2957U , Intel® Core? i3-4030U , i5-4210U , i7-4510U all showing socket support as FCBGA. 

In a Ball Grid Array , processors are mounted in the board soldering it in making it not possible to remove thus not upgradable.  

Hope this answered your query . update us .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z50-70-Can-I-upgrade-the-processor/td-p/3327120
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello,

About a year ago I was on my computer when everything went black, checked my monitor and it was fine, so I took it in to a computer repair shop and they told me my mother board needed replacing, so I had the work done, got the computer home and noticed that it was a lot slower than before on start up it takes a long time to finish doing whatever it needs so I can actually use it, the computer guy checked to see if I was running any programs on start up that could be slowing it down, and didn't find any, I upgraded my RAM but its still slow, so now I'm thinking that I need to upgrade the processor, I currently have an Intel core two duo and running windows XP the motherboard has a 775 PCI socket If I need to upgrade, what are my options?

Thank you for any help provided.

A:Should I upgrade my processor?

A processor upgrade won't give you any significant increase in performance. Upgrading to newer tech is the only way to get an increase.
Different mobos boot at different speeds which could explain why the new board boots slower.
You can check what is starting up in your computer start/run/msconfig/startup tab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-upgrade-my-processor.1046240/
Relevancy 73.53%

I want to upgrade the processor in a computer, but I'm not positive the specs on the mobo. Is is safe to buy a new processor of the same type (Intel Celeron) or do I need to know exactly what that board can handle, etc? I'm not trying to upgrade it too far. It's 2,0 ghz, but it's been acting up a bit, so I'll be replacing it, but only with a 2.5 or 2.6 ghz processor.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Relevancy 73.53%

Hi there, I would like to get some ideas as to what your thoughts are to this laptop please - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B016LZV1IC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1 Specs for what I want, are good - 4gb of Ram, 500gb hard drive and I love the 11.6' screen - but the only thing is the Intel processor could be better. How easy would it be to upgrade the processor, where do I get a Intel replacement and is this something you would recommend? Could I upgrade to a Intel3 or 5 processor? Thanks so much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-Processor/td-p/5623535
Relevancy 73.53%

I am currently running a 500 mhz Athlon , the PC is about 4-5 years old & I’m looking at upgrading the processor.
Not able to spend a great deal, probably around £60 - £80 ($120 approx). Have been reading a lot of reviews & was looking at the Athlon XP2500+ as a cheap solution, packing a 1.8ghz, this is fine for me. BUT, I read that if your motherboard is more than 3 years old you should, or may have to change it in order to upgrade???

Generally need some advice on upgrading please. What would be the max I could go up to? Should you switch from an Intel to an Athlon or vice versa? What things do I have to take into account? Don’t know anything about BIOS, clock speeds etc…
HELP!!!

Relevancy 73.53%

I have been given an older Compaq Presario 7470 with a VIA MVP4/686A chipset board with AMD K6-2 %33Mhz socket 7 processor. I maxed out the ram and I wanted to know if the processor could be upgraded. I wouls also like recommendations on where to find out what other hardware upgrades are compatible with this system. Powerleap.com does this for dell models and I would like to know if there is a site for other brands. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am awaiting a heart transplant and cannot afford to purchase a new system. Thanks

A:Processor Upgrade

The K6 hasn't been available for years now, the only place you'd find one would be 2nd hand.

I had a quick look on the VIA website, but couldn't see that one archived anywhere, so it's gonna be hard to say what is the fastest CPU it supports. It's probably not worth messing with, as the K6 was available in 500MHz maximum - correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going off memory here!

All the best with the surgery.

Steve

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-upgrade.81144/