Windows Support Forum

Laptop reboots itself after closing the lid. Need help!

Q: Laptop reboots itself after closing the lid. Need help!

Dear Forum,

I have had an ASUS n551jk for about five months now and am very pleased with it. I keep it clean by running malware checks every week en clearing out my folders. However, since a month or 2, my laptop has started booting up after closing the lid.

In the settings it is configured that when I close the lid the laptop should go to sleep, which it does. But quite often when I take my laptop out of its cover after I haven't used it for a while it is piping hot and the battery is empty; obviously, the laptop has rebooted itself.

I have checked whether this is caused by my network configuration, which is not the case. I fear that the overheating when my laptop reboots while in its cover may damage its performance, so I am looking for a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Laptop reboots itself after closing the lid. Need help!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Laptop reboots itself after closing the lid. Need help!

Firstly I want to point out a Laptop should never be placed in a sleeve if it is not turned off.
Secondly the problem can be caused by a Microsoft service running that momentarily starts, to look for updates etc.
Make sure Windows Update is turned off, or even better, turn the Laptop off.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/laptop-reboots-itself-after-closing-the-lid-need-help-1000241.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi! My brand new T460s (20FAS29T00) running Windows 8.1 Pro with lastes updates from Microsoft and Lenovo, reboots from time to time after I close the lid.I've checked the forums and I found a lot of similira cases for older models but not a single solution for that.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460s-reboots-unexpected-after-closing-the-lid/td-p/3460168
Relevancy 57.19%

This strange thing keeps happening from time to time sometimes weeks in between sometimes within the same minutes The preface When a movie NOT ANY OTHER MEDIA FILE reaches it s credits I tend to close the media player like everybody else would In Windows Mediaplayer I don t bother with the STOP button before tapping the little quot x quot to close the entire thing in PowerDVD I do before hitting the EXIT The thing Machine reboots instantly upon closing either media player NO PROBLEMS WITH THE MOVIE ITSELF OR THE SOFTWARE PLAYBACK WORKS PERFECTLY ALL PROGRAMM FUNCTIONS DO The Background Win k latest SPs and Updates ASUS A N X-X Nforce Ultra MB Kingston approved Athlon no overclocking tweaking whatsoever Windows Media Player or tried both on different installations PowerDVD or WinDVD - quot - BSPlayer necessary hand-selected video codecs and filters no codec packs or such suicide stuff Nero Suite What I ve heard so far from ppl I told my story POSSIBLY Nero ver x x x x Suite as it contains the highly problematic InCD or Easywrite Reader POSSIBLY closing WinMediaplayer Reboots upon or PowerDVD the sometimes buggy quot Web content quot preview window in the Win k Explorer which shows little thumbnails of pics as well as movies POSSIBLY chipset drivers done up to date n running POSSIBLY codec messup nope as I am a professional in that matter nbsp

A:Reboots upon closing WinMediaplayer or PowerDVD

You forgot, possible directdraw or overlay problem with video, directmedia, or directX drivers. Also, load newest video card drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reboots-upon-closing-winmediaplayer-or-powerdvd.273368/
Relevancy 57.19%

I don't know how it's possible but it happened Must be WITHOUT Apps??? NO Vista Reboots WAY! Closing some new feature they never advertised but should The other day Vista Ultimate was nagging me to reboot after installing some updates I kept putting it off but finally it wouldn't let me put it off for as long In any event I walked away to get some lunch and when I got back my PC had been rebooted I logged back in NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? and things looked like it was starting up normally But then I see down my taskbar that I have three programs still open I'm like WTF How is this possible They were Outlook an Unsent Saved Draft of an NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps??? email and another Email which was just open My web browser windows and multiple tabs were all gone though OR WERE THEY I opened IE to begin getting my desktop back in order and get my email tabs all opened up when suddenly I saw that IE had all my tabs in it as soon as it loaded I could not believe this What's REALLY weird and I think is confirmation that something had happened was that I now had tabs in one IE instance whereas before I had two instances of IE cascaded horizontally on my quot widescreen displays each with tabs - one set was for email and one was for forums I frequent But now IE loaded up and I had all of these COMBINED into a single IE instance which btw I'm trying to figure out how to move tabs from one IE instance to another but there doesn't seem to be a way In any event I can not believe it still thus I'm posting this here to see if anyone else has encountered this If you don't believe me even I will try this again go and install some updates not like SP but some basic updates then wait to let it reboot and see what happens Regards Kevin

A:NO WAY! Vista Reboots WITHOUT Closing Apps???

Windows Vista 64 ultimate has done this to me as well. It's kinda of a feature than a problem. It opened up the last programs that were running before the shutdown. But I never had windows update reboot without me telling it to. That's a new one.
Raj

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/136911-no-way-vista-reboots-without-closing-apps.html
Relevancy 45.58%

when i close my windows 7 ultimate x64 laptop. And come back to it, it will freeze when i open it back up (i have to do a manual shutdown) i have tried going into the settings and setting the hard drive shutdown to never, but nothing works. Any help is appreciated

A:laptop freezes after closing it

I looked at you previous threads and you are sure having a lot of problems.

I think we need to start with basics.

Complete this tutorial by Brink it should give us some helpful information.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340596-laptop-freezes-after-closing.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey, I'm new to this troubleshooting game, I'd appreciate assistance!

For some reason, when I close my laptop lid, my laptop seems to blue screen.

It happens when I close it with a USB plugged in usually, but sometimes it happens with none plugged in.

It's an Asus G74Sx, and I'll attach the Minidump files as well.

I'd love to get some help from you tech gurus, any advice would be great!

A:BSOD after closing laptop lid

I recommend updating your chipset driver from asus: Global Intel INF Update Driver

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G74Sx&p=3&s=336

Apparently the global link did not work, click the support link posted above and click on chipset, then click the global link there. Download and install and see if this corrects the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523414/bsod-after-closing-laptop-lid/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys!

I need some assistance. Every time I close my laptop and it hibernates and I open it back up I have no internet connection. It seems the only way to fix this is to go into cmd and do ipconfig /release and then /renew. Fixes it automatically. I have been dealing with it but it is starting to become very annoying. Any ideas what could be causing this or how to fix it?

After this started happening I can no longer see my homegroup, it says no other computers connected. When I am under network I can see the other computers but cannot access them. There are 3 of us that use the wireless router and I am the only one with the issue. Their internet and homegroups seem to work fine.

Thanks!

Jen

edited to add screen shot of ipconfig /all

A:Having to use ipconfig after closing laptop

Hi beyondjupiter

Lets try this

Right clicking ‘Computer’ and select ‘Manage’ to enter the ‘Computer Management’ tool

In the Computer Management tool, select Device Manager, find and right click your adapter and select ‘Properties’

Click the ‘Power Management’ tab and Uncheck ”Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” – Finnish by click ‘OK'

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287959-having-use-ipconfig-after-closing-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I get a BSOD intermittently when I close the lid of my laptop. I can't see any consistency in why sometimes it shows up and other times it just comes back to life just fine.

I am attaching the dump file.

BSOD: Driver irql not less or equal

Thanks.

Rusty

A:BSOD After closing lid on laptop...

Quote: Originally Posted by rustyellis

I get a BSOD intermittently when I close the lid of my laptop. I can't see any consistency in why sometimes it shows up and other times it just comes back to life just fine.

I am attaching the dump file.

BSOD: Driver irql not less or equal

Thanks.

Rusty

Hi rusty

This one crash reports two problems. First Your 3 year old Symantec. Second the cnnctfy2.sys driver.

I would do the following.

Remove and replace Symantec with Microsoft Security essentials.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials
I would remove connectify completely at least to test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185284-bsod-after-closing-lid-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

First of all I'm very sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum I had no idea where to post it because I'm won't closing the on Laptop after lid turn a noob to computers and techy stuff lol Basically what happened is that I closed my laptop's lid to bring it to another room It Laptop won't turn on after closing the lid was fully charged and had absolutely no issues with Laptop won't turn on after closing the lid it When I opened the lid again the screen was black No cursor nothing The laptop was still Laptop won't turn on after closing the lid on coming from the noises of the motors inside it and the power light was on I tried holding in the power button so it went off then turned it back on Still the black screen I left the laptop for a while and still nothing Pressing Ctrl alt delete or moving the mouse or pressing random keys does nothing either Please help I have urgent work I need to be doing and thank god I hadn't done much of it when my laptop decided to hang and not do anything I have a Lenovo laptop That's literally all I know but it's not one that transforms into a tablet or anything Just a Lenovo laptop Sorry if I was a little vague as afore mentioned I have little to no knowledge of computers I'm typing this on my phone btw Thanks

A:Laptop won't turn on after closing the lid

At this point it would be helpful for this guys to know what type of Lenovo laptop you're having. Try looking on the back of your laptop for a model No, and also look if you can take the battery out. If you can do that, take the battery our and hold the power button on for 30 seconds or so to drain all the power. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619998/laptop-wont-turn-on-after-closing-the-lid/
Relevancy 45.58%

Every time I close the lid of my new laptop I get a BSOD, I have changed the power settings so that when I close the lid it should not do anything but still have the same problem.

This is much system info that I know as possible:
Laptop: Alienware M17x-R2
What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 x64
OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version? OEM Version
Age of system: approx 1 week old
Age of OS installation: approx 1 week old
CPU: Intel Core i7 Processor 820QM(1.73Ghz,8MB cache)
Video Card: Dual 1GB ATI GDDR3 MOBILITY RADEON HD 4870
Unfortunatly I am unaware of the Motherboard or Power Supply used.

A:BSOD on closing lid of laptop

Attachments as required.

TSF_Vista_Support.zip

Perfmon.zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-closing-lid-of-laptop-472803.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Acer
Windows 7

Hello there, well im using an Acer laptop. The dvd tray isnt closing. Everytime i push it shut it pops out, ive tried the old fashioned "resetting by paper clip" methid but to no avail. Ive tried going to msconfig (advice i received from someone) but again it didn't work. It only closes when the laptop is off, so i dont think its a hardware problem. but as soon as the laptop is turned on, it pops out.

A:Laptop Dvd tray not closing

Its very possible that the drive mechanism has failed.which means it is hardware.They cant be fixed just replace it as it isnt that expensive to do so.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-dvd-tray-not-closing.1071340/
Relevancy 45.58%

Thinking about buying this laptop so I got it for a testdrive. Yesterday I closed it for the night and BSOD appeared while trying to go off and it restarted itself. Same thing happened today.

SF attached

A:BSOD after closing laptop

Hi,
From your crash dump logs:

Quote:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 157c9f, 6, 2}
Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd! ?? ::GFJBLGFE::`string'+3362 )
Followup: MachineOwner
---------
2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.

STOP 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Usual causes: Device driver, ?memory

Please uninstall Daemon tools as it is well known for BSOD.
Start > click on Computer > Uninstall or change a program > choose Daemon tools. Reboot.
Once uninstalled please go here and remove the SPTD driver itself with this tool:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

Warning
If the uninstall button is grayed out when you run the program you dont need to do anything and can close the window, if it is not click it and allow it to run. DO NOT click the install button as it will install a driver known to cause BSODs onto your system.

Driver causing issues:

Quote:
fffff880`033bda88 fffff880`02e33c18Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswTdi.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswTdi.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswTdi.SYS
aswTdi+0x4c18

Relates to: avast! TDI Filter Driver
Please uninstall Avast as it is contributing to your BSOD'S.
As an alternative please install:
Microsoft Security Essentials.
Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability
compared to other antiviruses/internet security software.

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

This driver pre-dates Windows 7 and should be either updated or deleted:

Quote:
PTSimBus PTSimBus.sys Thu Jun 07 10:15:34 2007
Relates to: PenTablet Bus enumerator

Please either update through manufacturers's website or try here:

http://driverscollection.com/?aid=420646578662c19a8e75a3a31ae

Run SFC to check the integrity of all Windows 7 system files:
Click on the Start > Type in search cmd
Right click cmd at top and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow at the prompt
(Note: there is a space between SFC and /scannow)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Tip
Run these tests overnight

Also ensure all the latest Windows updates are installed.

Post back any observations/results
Cheers
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284950-bsod-after-closing-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, i have a slight problem: I cannot close the lid of my laptop (hp nc8430) without having it to go on standby.I've modified the properties of power management, there it says to don't put on standby the computer when the lid is closed, but it goes to standby nevertheless. It seems something has overtaken those properties.In fact, the power off button doesn't work at all. Ideas?

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello everbody I'm new around here and I have registered to this forum because of you, the great community and I need your help with my laptop.   When I'm in desktop my laptop remains open for a long time. Nevertheless when I open anything even google it closes itself suddenly after a while. Heating is not the problem, I know it because I checked it and it was just a little warm. I searched for forums even this forum but haven't find a solution yet.      Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Laptop-is-closing-itself-suddenly/td-p/5778977
Relevancy 45.58%

I am using pavilion 15-n003tx notebook pc with win 8.1. I have set my laptop to "Do nothing" in power option "Choose what closing the lid does". Still when I close the lid my laptop shows black screen and power key and F12 key light remains on. Hybrid sleep is also off. What should I do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Laptop-does-not-wake-up-after-closing-lid/td-p/5676658
Relevancy 45.58%

I have my laptop set to sleep when i close laptop lid.

But problem is, when i shut down my laptop, i have to leave it open. Otherwise it will go to standby in the middle of shutdown process.

Is there any way to disable sleep when shutting down, so i can close lid immediately after pressing shut down button?

A:Shutdown + closing laptop lid

Sometimes people install windows without fully reinstating the manufacturer's drivers and can't work out why they have not got various power options - just a general observation.

If you have all your manufacturers chipset drivers installed, windows 7 power configuration for Power buttons and Lid is found deep in the Advanced Power Options of the Edit Power Plan Settings, from the Control Panel applet, Power Options.

Another way is to take yourself to the Control Panel>All Control Panel Items>Power Options>System Settings screen.

Each power plan can be configured to behave differently, so you may have to do this for both battery and plugged in options. It is fairly straightforward with options Sleep, Shut down and Do nothing.

If you set shutdown or standby from the start menu, the do nothing option is for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/151964-shutdown-closing-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hello
first of all i know all the settings, both in power option and advanced section all settings are set to "do nothing" when closing the lid
but when i close the lid and open it later it turns on, in fact it was neither on nor sleep,
power cable is connected always.
i have hp probook 4520s and win8 x64
thanks

A:laptop shuts down when closing the lid

If you have it set to do nothing in battery and plugged modes, then it should do nothing except blank the screen.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/25858-laptop-shuts-down-when-closing-lid.html
Relevancy 45.15%

How do I stop this from happening?
My GTalk calls end and the Online XM Radio stops streaming when I close my lid on my laptop.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, first off all i'm new to the forum so if this thread is in the wrong section etc, apologies and please move mods. Also apologies if this problem has already been addressed.

Recently when I have closed over the screen on my laptop (HP Pavillion g6) when I have lifted the screen up again i've had blue screen pop up, I didn't manage to get all of what it said down in time but it was something like, STOP:0x0000016

The 'windows has recovered from unexpected shutdown' pop box gave me these details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8006BCF2A0
BCP2: FFFFF8800440780C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092312-61464-01.dmp
C:\Users\Luke\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-260677-0.sysdata.xml

Anyone help would be much appreciated, thanks.

A:BlueScreen after closing laptop screen

Hello Luke,

Please go ahead and read the instructions below, and post back the needed information so that someone may be able to hopefully help you soon with this.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254510-bluescreen-after-closing-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I left my laptop on and had to leave so I simply shut the lid down. About 2 hours later, I lifted the lid and got only a black screen. I moved the mouse around to get it to come on but it would not. After about 5 tries on holding down the button in which to start up my laptop or turn off in this case, it finally turned off then I was able to turn it on and all was fine. I held it down for about 15 seconds. So, question is why wouldn't my laptop become active again when I opened the lid, etc?

Here are some of my specs. Don't know if anyone needs it.

Model Number: Toshiba Satellite S875-S7240
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Type: Intel Core i5-2450M Processor
Processor Speed: 2.50 GHz, 3 MB L3 Cache
System Ram: 6 GB
Hard Drive Size: 750 GB
Max. Memory Expansion: 16 GB

A:After closing laptop lid, can't get out of black screen

Once you left it on sitting idle for that much time a kind of permanent hibernation mode set in where powering it down was the only option you had available. When you know you won't get back to it within a short period of time you are far better simply shutting it down to start with. This is how many laptops work.

One of the main reasons would be conserving battery power. This is why the display will turn off after so long until touching the pad or moving any mouse you have plugged in so the battery charge will last longer. You have to be prepared for this type of situation with anything battery powered to begin with including netbooks, tablets, cell phones., smart phones, etc..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265745-after-closing-laptop-lid-cant-get-out-black-screen.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having some troubles with my new laptop freezing. IE and MSN have also been acting up and closing down on me in the middle of doing things seems to be whe I have more than one window open working on multiple sites. It is driving me crazy as this Laptop is only less than a month old and I am very careful where I go and what I do on the net.

I have downloaded Hijackthis and would very much appreciate some help.

Thanks a Million in advance,
Kim

A:New Laptop is Freezing & IE/MSN are Automatically Closing

Ooops forgot to post my Hijack report.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:27:53 AM, on 2/26/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EvtEng.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\common files\logishrd\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MBK\MBackMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\mcproxy\mcproxy.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MPS\mps.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
C:\Program Files\Nikon\Wireless Camera Setup Utility\NkPtpEnum.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\o2flash.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\RegSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPS\mpsevh.exe
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\ehtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\bin\ZCfgSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\ifrmewrk.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\EOUWiz.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\PDVDServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam10\QuickCam10.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SAService.exe
C:\Program Files\SiteAdvisor\6028\SiteAdv.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Location Finder\LocationFinder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\RMSysTry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\ehome\mcrdsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\LVComSX.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehmsas.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\Program Files\Mcafee\MWL\MwlSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Intel\Wireless\Bin\Dot1XCfg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\Mcafee\MWL\MwlGui.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLLoginProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\CCleaner\ccleaner.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\kimberly\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX05.922\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://g.msn.ca/0SEENCA/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://g.msn.ca/0SEENCA/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=677
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - H... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/new-laptop-is-freezing-and-ie-msn-are-automatically-closing-142367.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I Got my laptop 15 days ago , i like it very much , but i have a problem
when i close its screen (i dont know how to say that) and re open it after a while , i find that windows restarted with a Bluescreen 0x000000c2 . i uploaded the necessary files ..
please help me guys , thank you.

A:A BSOD after closing laptop screen

Sounds like a power state failure in the driver...
let me download and look at your dump files here...
Appears to be related to a usb connection device. Though I can't trace the manufacturer of it.
The name of the driver is adiusbawx64.sys I can't seem to trace what device it's for.
The first step for me in this situation would be to visit the manufacturer of your laptop and see if they have driver updates available for it.
The driver appears to be made for vista though and seems to be having trouble with windows 7 power management.

It would also not hurt to do a virus scan just to make sure something isn't masquerading as a device you don't actually have.
Malwarebytes is free and easy to use. Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer
Also very effective at cleaning up viruses.

The best I can do to help narrow this down for you is to tell you it seems to be a usb device you have though.

Code:
BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 0000000000001097, (reserved)
Arg3: 000000000405000b, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa800460ce00, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------
POOL_ADDRESS: fffffa800460ce00

FREED_POOL_TAG: ADIu

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_ADIu

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800031f760e to fffff800030c4700

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a8d7b38 fffff800`031f760e : 00000000`000000c2 00000000`00000007 00000000`00001097 00000000`0405000b : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a8d7b40 fffff880`069b23f8 : fffffa80`04063220 fffffa80`09200fa0 fffffa80`0460ce00 fffffa80`0882d650 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x11eb
fffff880`0a8d7bf0 fffffa80`04063220 : fffffa80`09200fa0 fffffa80`0460ce00 fffffa80`0882d650 fffffa80`09200fa0 : adiusbawx64+0xd3f8
fffff880`0a8d7bf8 fffffa80`09200fa0 : fffffa80`0460ce00 fffffa80`0882d650 fffffa80`09200fa0 fffff880`069b2b60 : 0xfffffa80`04063220
fffff880`0a8d7c00 fffffa80`0460ce00 : fffffa80`0882d650 fffffa80`09200fa0 fffff880`069b2b60 fffffa80`04063220 : 0xfffffa80`09200fa0
fffff880`0a8d7c08 fffffa80`0882d650 : fffffa80`09200fa0 fffff880`069b2b60 fffffa80`04063220 00000000`00000008 : 0xfffffa80`0460ce00
fffff880`0a8d7c10 fffffa80`09200fa0 : fffff880`069b2b60 fffffa80`04063220 00000000`00000008 fffffa80`09200fa0 : 0xfffffa80`0882d650
fffff880`0a8d7c18 fffff880`069b2b60 : fffffa80`04063220 00000000`00000008 fffffa80`09200fa0 00000000`c000000e : 0xfffffa80`09200fa0
fffff880`0a8d7c20 fffffa80`04063220 : 00000000`00000008 fffffa80`09200fa0 00000000`c000000e 00000000`00000008 : adiusbawx64+0xdb60
fffff880`0a8d7c28 00000000`00000008 : fffffa80`09200fa0 00000000`c000000e 00000000`00000008 fffffa80`09200fa0 : 0xfffffa80`04063220
fffff880`0a8d7c30 fffffa80`09200fa0 : 00000000`c000000e 00000000`00000008 fffffa80`09200fa0 00000000`00000000 : 0x8
fffff880`0a8d7c38 00000000`c000000e : 00000000`00000008 fffffa80`09200fa0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : 0xfffffa80`09200fa0
fffff880`0a8d7c40 00000000`00000008 : fffffa80`09200fa0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0a8d7ce8 : 0xc000000e
fffff880`0a8d7c48 fffffa80`09200fa0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0a8d7ce8 00000000`00000001 : 0x8
fffff880`0a8d7c50 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0a8d7ce8 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`04045310 : 0xfffffa80`09200fa0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
adiusbawx64+d3f8
fffff880`069b23f8 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: adiusbawx64+d3f8

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: adiusbawx64

IMAGE_NAME: adiusbawx64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 45ca472b

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_7_ADIu_adiusbawx64+d3f8

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_7_ADIu_... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/172583-bsod-after-closing-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 45.15%

One of our employees has an HP Pavilion G6 laptop. He uses an external display at work but has to keep the screen of the laptop open. If he closes the screen, then the video to the external display is power off. What are the settings to allow the laptop screen to be closed and still be able to get video to an external display? Thanks.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Closing laptop lid and external display

Banhien, In Windows, click start and type into the search field, "Change what closing the lid does". -wes

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Closing-laptop-lid-and-external-display/td-p/1185573
Relevancy 45.15%

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I wasnt sure where exactly it fit in. Every time I close the top of my dell latitude d610 with a fresh (when i say fresh i mean like 3 hours) windows xp install, and I open it the screen is just black. I know it is a loss of video and not a standby or shutdown because I can still hear sounds from my IM program going in the backround. I tried tweaking the power settings and they are all what they should be for a laptop. I don't know what else to try. When I restart the computer everything goes back to normal but the second i close it, it happens again.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

A:Laptop loses video after closing top

Corrupt video drivers do weird things with hibernate and standby
Try to remove and reinstall the video driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213682/laptop-loses-video-after-closing-top/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi and thanks for taking the time to read this.

I have been getting the BSOD frequently in the last week and could not figure out if it happens when I use a specific programme. Today I realised it happens regardless of programme, when I adjust the lid to avoid reflections. It also does it when I close the lid without shutting down the laptop.

I am far from an expert in computers but after reading around the site I think I have managed a) to activate the driver verifier and b) to get the DM log collector report which I am attaching here.

Hope you can help!
Thanx in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379939-bsod-when-adjusting-closing-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I get a blue screen of death sometimes when I close my lid Sometimes it's immediate is if my laptop never went to sleep Sometimes it seems that it happens after it's been asleep for a while though I'm not too sure Regardless my laptop will be awake and running when I come back to it telling me that Windows recovered from a serious error I followed the instructions for quot Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows amp Vista quot and attached the standard diagnostic files as well as a short little text that Windows supplies when you restart and it says quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot Any help would be appreciated For any procedures please tell me or link me how to do them please I'm running Windows -bit on an Asus G J I've had it about - years I have not reinstalled Windows ever I've cleaned the fan and heatsink of dust multiple times Closing / On Lid Laptop BSoD Sleep though BSoD On Closing Laptop Lid / Sleep the core on a light-medium load is degrees Celsius Could someone tell me why The intake and fan output are not blocked by dust or objects as I have my laptop raised Is the processor thermal paste bad now I don't BSoD On Closing Laptop Lid / Sleep know But I guess this is a separate issue Random note Despite what the performance monitor report says I have AVG anti-virus running Anyway I'll stop talking now and wait patiently for a reply Thank you to anyone who looks at this If you need any more info please just let me know

A:BSoD On Closing Laptop Lid / Sleep

Hello Talgoran!

Every dump attached prior 7/4 to is a 9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bugcheck pointing to ntkrnlmp.exe, and unfortunately there's no stopped up IRP that we can go off of to get a culprit driver if it's software related.

The 7/1 dump is a 1A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bugcheck pointing to memory corruption which may be indicative of a driver of actual physical memory issue (RAM).

The 6/12 dump is a C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER bugcheck that DOES point to a driver, which is BTHUSB.sys the Bluetooth Miniport Driver. This is a system driver, but it could be indicative of something that you have connected to that specific port is causing the issue, etc. It also could mean the BT drivers need updating.

According to !sysinfo, you have an Asus G60JX? If so, navigate to here and ensure that all of your drivers are up to date!

ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS G60Jx

DO note that you should also grab the latest BIOS version. Yours is currently 206, the latest is 208.

In the meantime, if you BSOD after updating all of the relevant drivers and BIOS, do the following to see if we can snag a driver if it's a 3rd party driver causing the issue:

Driver Verifier:

Quote:

What is Driver Verifier?

Driver Verifier is included in Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 to promote stability and reliability; you can use this tool to troubleshoot driver issues. Windows kernel-mode components can cause system corruption or system failures as a result of an improperly written driver, such as an earlier version of a Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver.

Essentially, if there's a 3rd party driver believed to be at issue, enabling Driver Verifier will help flush out the rogue driver by flagging it and causing your system to BSOD.

Before enabling Driver Verifier, it is recommended to create a System Restore Point:

Vista - START | type rstrui - create a restore point

Windows 7 - START | type create | select "Create a Restore Point"

How to enable Driver Verifier:

Start > type "verifier" without the quotes > Select the following options -

1. Select - "Create custom settings (for code developers)"

2. Select - "Select individual settings from a full list"

3. Check the following boxes -

- Special Pool

- Pool Tracking

- Force IRQL Checking

- Deadlock Detection

- Security Checks (Windows 7)

- Concurrentcy Stress Test (Windows 8)

- DDI compliance checking (Windows 8)

- Miscellaneous Checks

4. Select - "Select driver names from a list"

5. Click on the "Provider" tab. This will sort all of the drivers by the provider.

6. Check EVERY box that is NOT provided by Microsoft / Microsoft Corporation.

7. Click on Finish.

8. Restart.

Important information regarding Driver Verifier:

- If Driver Verifier finds a violation, the system will BSOD.

- After enabling Driver Verifier and restarting the system, depending on the culprit, if for
example the driver is on start-up, you may not be able to get back into normal Windows
because Driver Verifier will flag it, and as stated above, that will cause / force a BSOD.

If this happens, do not panic, do the following:

- Boot into Safe Mode by repeatedly tapping the F8 key during boot-up.

- Once in Safe Mode - Start > type "system restore" without the quotes.

- Choose the restore point you created earlier.

If you did not set up a restore point, do not worry, you can still disable Driver Verifier to get
back into normal Windows:

- Start > Search > type "cmd" without the quotes.

- To turn off Driver Verifier, type in cmd "verifier /reset" without the quotes.

- Restart and boot into normal Windows.

How long should I keep Driver Verifier enabled for?

It varies, many experts and analysts have different recommendations. Personally, I recommend
keeping it enabled for at least 36-48 hours. If you don't BS... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-closing-laptop-lid-sleep-657431.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Although I've seen the dreaded blue screen a few times, this usually occurs after I close the lid to my laptop (the normal setting is to go into sleep mode at this point). In these cases, I open the computer up to a warning that my system was not shut down properly and get a system message telling me about the bluescreen memory dump upon logging in.

The SF Diagnostic Tool file is attached below

Attachment 273201

A:BSOD at random, usually upon closing laptop

hmm

Most of the bsod are caused by your Ralink Wifi Adapter ... not sure how you got that driver version ... it shows as version 5.0.9.0 ..... whereas the official HP Pavilion dv6-6135dx ( hope this is the model you are using .. got it as per you dump file ).... driver for Ralink is at 3.2.2.0 (dated 2011)...

I would suggest you roll back the drivers or install the HP supported one !

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294434-bsod-random-usually-upon-closing-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Is it possible to close my laptop, without shutting it down, when I attach an external monitor using an HDMI connection?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19978624
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I have recently been experiencing problems with my laptop. When I close the laptop lid to send it to sleep, the fan will whir loudly after a few minutes, before the computer shuts down completely. When I turn the computer on again, an error message pops up informing me that the computer had to restart because of a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error (0x0000009f). I opened a thread a month ago about the same issue. It seemed as though my power settings were wrong, and the problem was seemingly resolved when I reset the power settings. I haven't changed the settings since then. Attempting to replicate the BSOD in safe mode was unsuccessful; closing the laptop lid posed no problems with resuming.

As per the instructions, I have attached the necessary files. Thank you!

A:DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error when closing laptop lid

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions). You may have removed this already - it doesn't show in the last memory dump.

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): [S] DuplexSecure - FAQ [/S] Link broken as of 21 Jul 2012
New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disc-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

SABI.sys Thu May 28 02:38:02 2009 (4A1E314A)
SAMSUNG Kernel Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SABI.sys

SGdrv64.sys Mon Apr 11 22:55:23 2011 (4DA3BF1B)
Samsung Easy Software Manager Driver[br]Also may be called SecureGuard
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SGdrv64.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Jun 13 09:35:54.956 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\061313-36703-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 0:39:26.675
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HDAudBus.sys
Probably caused by :HDAudBus.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007a0d790, fffff88000b917f0, fffffa8007a68c60}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8007a0d790, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff88000b917f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8007a68c60, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_HDAudBus.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3635QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2395
BIOS Version P06ABJ
BIOS Release Date 04/29/2013
Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
Product Name 700Z3C/700Z5C
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu Jun 13 02:18:04.221 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\061313-46625-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 1:49:51.940
Probably caused by :pci.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800795e880, fffff880009f07f0, fffffa80086a86e0}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa800795e880, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff880009f07f0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80086a86e0, The blocked IRP
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_igdkmd64_IMAGE_pci.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3635QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2395
BIOS Ver... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/26549-driver_power_state_failure-error-when-closing-laptop-lid.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Tech Support Guy System down closing ASUS Laptop randomly Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon processor x ASUS Laptop randomly closing down Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K IJ BSN Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled OK above isthe TSG Sysinfo copied amp pasted as advised THE PROBLEM I have an ASUS laptop that I suspect has got infected by a virus amp randomly shuts itself down amp then ASUS Laptop randomly closing down re-boots My suspicion that it is a virus as the first shut down occurred after opening a video file from what I now suspect to be of dubious origin The system immediately closed down then restarted OK I ran Spy Hunter initially than ran Advanced System Care to repair the directory ASUS Laptop randomly closing down etc Spy Hunter appeared to remove malware amp system care does what it always does amp indicated the laptop is back in A condition amp still does Fine for a few days but the problem has deteriorated There are excel files or closing down programmes or back ups that will close the system down now so again I suspect a virus rather than overheating or power issues that I think are common in ASUS laptops Not random enough a problem but more carrying out specific tasks will cause the laptop to crash It always boots up again OK amp runs through the Windows check disk repairing the prior crash etc The computer is also not running slowly at all It appears to be OK to an independent observer I have now run Avira amp Super Anti Spyware removing various bits amp pieces but the problem still persists I can no longer access task manager amp a separate problem is I am unable to run in safe mode It gets so far then stalls This problem is a separate issue prior to this problem here Hijack This Notepad Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files IObit IObit Malware Fighter IMFsrv exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Sage SData Sage SData Service exe C Program Files Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files IObit Smart Defrag SmartDefrag exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ASUS NB Probe SPM spmgr exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound SRS VolSync exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey MsgTranAgt exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMT... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

For whatever reason I keep getting the BSoD if I put my laptop to sleep by closing the screen Clicking the Sleep button on the menu works fine but closing the screen messes everything BSoD When Laptop Screen Closing up I've had this happen multiple times now and I don't understand the problem I'm not really knowledgeable enough to know what these minidump files or whatever are and I can't do anything Safe mode doesn't work rebooting doesn't work nothing I can put in a disc but I can't access it since I can't boot the computer It just says quot Error Contact Vendor quot I have no idea what that means but I need this thing BSoD When Closing Laptop Screen to work BSoD When Closing Laptop Screen I have a presentation on Tuesday and if this happens I'm screwed I have my work backed up but the people at my job are total dicks and say it has to be on my machine or it counts as being unprepared How does closing the screen cause the system to crash like this

A:BSoD When Closing Laptop Screen

Here's what it actually says.

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFF0000005, 0xFFFFF8000335AEAD, 0xFFFFF88009A80B8, 0xFFFFF880009A7920)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/109111-bsod-when-closing-laptop-screen.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi My laptop is an Acer Aspire series with XP Home edition SP installed updated to the latest version Recently XP started rebooting randomly and every time it starts again a blue screen with the word 'STOP' and a few strings of code can be seen for a second before start up continues Then it'll go black amp restart again with the same situation before finally loading This seems to happen infrequently It doesn't happen when I leave it on for an hour or more but some times in XP its on own laptop reboots when im using XP in laptop reboots on its own it for min after the previous crash It got worse for a while and I noticed a request error for isaa exe for a few seconds The system crashed immediately when rebooted using last known configurations but runs normally after a while I had use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Avast Antivirus to do a thorough scan but no infected files were detected Both were updated and no software were installed recently So now I'm hoping the good people of Tech Support Forum could help me with my problem Thank you

A:XP in laptop reboots on its own

Hi blassmonde

On the boot menu, select disable automatic restart on system failure and then start Windows normally. Then when the blue screen occurs, it will not automatically restart. Write down the error code and any drivers mentioned on the blue screen and post them here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-in-laptop-reboots-on-its-own-430357.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have just done a clean install(Win 7 Proffesional) on my Toshiba laptop, installed all the applications i normally use,but it continues to reboot by itself.Can any one help me overcome this?

A:Laptop reboots itself

What's the model name and complete model number of that Toshiba laptop?
(Note: The complete model number is 2 sets of characters separated by a dash.)

Which country was that laptop purchased?

---------------------------------------------------------

You should make sure the Windows operating system is completely up-to-date and all devices are working and the computer is working okay BEFORE you install your desired programs, add-ons, etc..

---------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reboots-itself.1147696/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an HP compaq nx6325 with AMD turion running XP Pro. I thought I had a hard drive going. Screen will go blank then a blue DOS type screen with a lot of text but flashes too quick to read, then it would reboot. On reboot I can work for 10 nor 15 minutes before it happens again. On the third or fourth boot it just freezes. I am able to boot in safe mode and use all programs.
Browsing through the forums, it seems similar to SP3 problems but not exact.
Any suggestions?
I have run Adaware, AVG & Spybot. All seemed to just find the usual cookies ect. Spybot did find a Smitfraud and healed it (I'm pretty sure). Should I uninstall SP3?
Thanks

A:HP laptop reboots

Hello thmobiletronics.Let's increase the time the Blue Screen stays so we can read it.How to Disable Automatic Restart to Diagnose BSODChange these settings if your Blue Screen of Death passes too quickly for you to record the data.When you boot your machine, press F8 after hearing the beep to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe Mode.Select Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure, as shown here:
When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:
Please record all the data under "Technical Information:".With Regards,The Panda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192106/hp-laptop-reboots/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I'm having a similar problem I was Laptop reboots watching Futurama the other night using VLC Media Player before I went to bed When I was done I closed the player then closed my laptop like I do every night and went to sleep I awoke to find that my laptop Laptop reboots power was still on but the screen was black Not black like it was powered and blank but black like there was no power being sent to it So I held the power button until it shut off which I have done before I figured it just froze trying to go to standby mode or something When I got home during my lunch break from work I found that every time I tried to boot up my laptop it would bring me to the screen asking me if I wanted to run a Windows Repair or start Windows normally Laptop reboots The repair option did literally nothing It refreshed the screen instantly and nothing happened Starting windows normally would just reboot my computer I tried booting up in every type of safe mode and that also would just restart my laptop Finally I said it and used the Laptop reboots recovery CD to recovery Windows to the first partition as I have all my data games music whatever on the nd partition So I did that last night and now I get to a black screen with a big white cursor I can move the cursor but nothing else happens If I try to boot in safe mode it tells me that Windows did not finish installing and to insert the recovery CD When I hit 'Okay' it just reboots my computer and does the same thing all over again I did see a thread on here regarding resetting the VGA drivers http forums techguy org windows-vista -vista-black-screen-first-restart html post so I will attempt that later today when I get home early due to the snow storm If it works I'll let you know as it may also work for you If anyone else has any thoughts please share Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187832/laptop-reboots/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an HP Pavilion Notebook dv6755us. For the past couple of days I've been experiencing Blue Screens with my laptop. It will reboot on its own, then come back up. I recovered my entire laptop to its factory settings, but still experiencing the same problem. This is the problem that it gave me after one of those sudden reboots. Can someone please help me!!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 81C74CD5
BCP3: ADE1791C
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0

C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini061409-02.dmp
C:\Users\Beautiful\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-89544-0.sysdata.xml
C:\Users\Beautiful\AppData\Local\Temp\WERAD6D.tmp.version.txt

THANK YOU!

A:HP Laptop Reboots On Its Own

Something is failing or has failed, or your drivers need to be updated. A blue screen could be a report on just about any hardware that is no longer quite right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-reboots-on-its-own.129303/
Relevancy 44.72%

My HP laptop all of the sudden doesn't work. When I turn it on all I see is a black screen and the computer keeps restarting intself every 50 seconds or so. There's no log in screen or logo screen, no sounds, just blank screen and pannel lights keep re-starting. Any ideas?

A:laptop reboots itself over and over

Do you get any BIOS boot screen? Can you access the BIOS? Are you getting a post beep? Can you boot from the XP CD? What is the make and model for the Laptop? What version of operating system are you running, XP, Vista?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reboots-itself-over-and-over.881166/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Fujitsu Series III Lifebook and it is constantly rebooting itself ! It does it whenever it feels like and at no particular interval. Sometimes when one application is running sometimes when none are and sometimes when 5 are. Could this be faulty CPU, Ram or software ? Thanks for the help.......

A:Laptop Reboots Itself

Hi there!

It could be many things causing the reboots.

Check and make sure that the system isn't overheating. Make sure that the case fan is working.

Also, if you've added any RAM, remove it and test.

Make sure that you don't have too many devices connected that may be draining the power.

and make sure that there are no virii on the system.

Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reboots-itself.103977/
Relevancy 44.72%

I can manually put it in sleep mode, but closing the lid will not do it. I did select that option on control panel/power options. Anyone had that issue? Thanks in advance

A:Inspiron e1405 laptop will not sleep when closing lid

Welcome to SF.

This might help you...
Laptop Won't sleep when lid closed - Microsoft Community

Vista fixes often work for Win7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329324-inspiron-e1405-laptop-will-not-sleep-when-closing-lid.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an HP Envy and I would like Windows 8.1 to prompt me for a password both after I close (and open) my laptop lid and after waking it from sleep (Which it automatically does after 3 minutes of inactivity), however it only prompts for password after opening the lid (even if only closed for 5 seconds), and not after waking from sleep without a closed lid. any ideas? here are my settings:

Thanks,
Steve

A:Windows prompts for password only after closing laptop

Hello Steve, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to make sure that you have password protection on wakeup enabled in all options. In addition, check the items listed in the yellow tip box at the top of the tutorial for other areas to enable password protection if you like.

Password Protection on Wakeup - Enable or Disable in Windows 8

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39198-windows-prompts-password-only-after-closing-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,

I have set my resolution on my laptop to 1680x1050, however about 50% of the time when I restart my computer it changes it to 1280x1024. The other 50% of the time it leaves it at 1680x1050.

Also every now and then, when I close the lid and open it back up it will change my display to 1280x1024 also. I have just been changing it back manually every time it happens but its really getting annoying now.

Anyone know how to help?

A:Display resolution changes on closing lid or restarting on laptop?

hi ok a couple of options
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945459
http://weblogs.asp.net/bsimser/arch...n-940-resolution-change-on-lid-close-fix.aspx hope it helps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/display-resolution-changes-on-closing-lid-or-restarting-on-laptop.842922/
Relevancy 44.72%

I used to be able to close my lid on my laptop and it would go to sleep, then when I returned to use it I opened my lid and it would resume where I left off. (HP Pavilion, running VISTA).

Now when I close lid, it does abnormal shutdown of any open applications and Windows. Upon power up, a text screen advises of abnormal shutdown and prompts to start in safe mode or start normally. Not sure why this changed.
I have confirmed under CONTROL PANEL, POWER OPTIONS, SYSTEM SETTINGS that it is set to SLEEP when lid is closed. (both for A/C or battery). Any other suggestions????

A:Windows shuts down (Abnormaly) Upon closing my Laptop Lid

Any new drivers can cause problems with sleep and hibernation. Have you updated any, and are they all WHQL certified?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-shuts-down-abnormaly-upon-closing-my-laptop-lid.848641/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All;

Working on Toshiba Satellite laptop upgraded to Windows 7.

After upgrading to Windows 7 everything worked fine for about 3 months. I had it set to sleep when I close the lid nnd it worked well. But suddenly it began getting pernickity. When I opened the lid, about 15 - 20 seconds later the computer totally froze and I had to reboot. Of course, when reloading I get the message that Windows shut down unexpectedly and a 'solution will be searched' but nothing every happened as far as that goes.

I made a new profile but it did the same thing when working in that.

At approximately the same time as this began, I lost my 'start menu' list, and although I can 'attach items to the list, upon reboot, they disappear. Can the two be related?

Any suggestions for a 'mature' lady who can follow instructions if not too complicated?

Thanks
Singer35

A:Laptop hangs after closing lid; requires reboot

Hello!
When you say 'upgraded' did you install windows 7 on the laptop when, before, the computer had a different version of windows on it?
And what do you mean by a 'new profile'?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hangs-after-closing-lid-requires-reboot.1028280/
Relevancy 44.72%

So basically I used to be able to close my laptop lid with no problems in Windows 7, and use Sleep etc. I had turned Sleep when closing lid off with Windows 7, but I think Windows 8 turned this option back on. Now when I close my laptop lid the computer BSODs.
I have attached the minidump file associated with the crash.

A:BSOD when closing laptop lid after upgrading to Win8

Crashes appear to be caused by your monitor.

Have you tried other display adapter drivers?

For further help, please follow the blue screen posting instructions.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-closing-laptop-lid-after-upgrading-to-win8-680776.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Acer aspire E1-572 laptop with windows 10 version 1607 the latest to date. now the laptop did sleep in the previous version of windows when i close the lid but now it does not. I have checked the chipset driver, intel graphics driver and the management drivers and have refreshed them with the ones in acer support but no fix. The strage thing is that my laptop will sleep if i tell it to through start menu does anyone have any ideas?

A:My laptop wont sleep when closing the lid it stays...

Problem solved i think!!!  I went into power options ( I have already messed about in here plenty of times ) and tried something new. I went to advanced power settings and selected lid closed action, now it already says sleep. So i changed both to do nothing and applied this. I then tested and it turns my screen off when i close the lid so i know the mechanism that works with the sleep mode works! so i went back into power options and back into advanced to change the setting back to sleep. Once applied i tested again and WHALA it works my laptop now sleeps again.  There must be a bug issue with windows new build 1607 so if you are experiencing the same issue try this as this has worked for me. i will be testing for a week so i will update to say if this has been a permanent fix.If you need help with this message here i can assist you.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-laptop-wont-sleep-when-closing-the-lid-it-stays-on/td-p/452456
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I m new here I have a problem like a fellow poster http forums techguy org malware-removal-hijackthis-logs -blue-screen-death-likely-cause html The same screen pops up when I shut my laptop and open it up again I would love to know how to get rid of this Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v opening closing and after Blue laptop Screen BETA Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Safe mode Running processes C Program Files x TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba Blue Screen after opening and closing laptop ca welcome R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www toshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Presented by TOSHIBA Leading Innovation gt gt gt R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files x Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files x AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - HKLM Run HWSetup quot C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities HWSetup exe quot hwSetUP O - HKLM Run SVPWUTIL quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA Utilities SVPWUTIL exe quot SVPwUTIL O - HKLM Run KeNotify quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run ToshibaServiceStation quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Service Station ToshibaServiceStation exe quot hide O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe quot O - HKLM Run cfFncEnabler exe quot C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree cfFncEnabler exe quot O - HKLM Run TWebCamera quot ProgramFiles x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Web Camera Application TWebCamera exe quot autorun O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run EEventManager C PROGRA EPSONS EVENTM EEventManager exe O - HKLM Run LTCM Client quot C Program Files x LTCM Client ltcmClient exe quot startup O - HKLM Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscript O - HKLM Run AVG TRA... Read more

A:Blue Screen after opening and closing laptop

*Added HJT Log*

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-after-opening-and-closing-laptop.893734/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello everyone So I've had this annoying problem for almost months now and it's really starting to bug me I have my HP Pavillion dv qte- set to sleep when to Lid Laptop Sleep Closing Somtimes Crashes When I close the lid Sometimes though it doesn't work successfully There's a light on the top of the shell of the laptop to Laptop Somtimes Crashes When Closing Lid to Sleep indicate if it's still on At times I'll close the lid and this light will remain lit If I open the lid the screen is blank and only the power button and Wi-Fi button are lit I can switch the latter on Laptop Somtimes Crashes When Closing Lid to Sleep and off it seems Even if the button to mute sounds was lit before closing the lid when this happens if I open the lid it will be off and I can't switch it back It seems the only actions I can take is to do a hard shutdown by holding the power button When I get back the only message I get is Windows has recovered from an unexpected error As I said there seems to be no pattern I update the BIOS and the dedicated GPU and it still seems to happen I also have a Logitech mini-receiver for the mouse that I keep plugged in at all times so I don't know if that has anything to do with it I just don't know where to start looking to get to the bottom of this Any advice would be appreciated

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495877/laptop-somtimes-crashes-when-closing-lid-to-sleep/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello my laptop nowadays wants to go to sleep when i close the lid even though i have the proper settings modified correctly...
Look here:

A:Laptop Goes to Sleep once closing lid even with settings modified?

Do you have hibernation enabled? Does it happen right away or after a long time?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/331556-laptop-goes-sleep-once-closing-lid-even-settings-modified.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have my laptop connected to my tv screen. Everything was fine, I boot up the laptop, close its lid I still have the dektop on the external screen. Settings in power management still read "do nothing when I close the lid" and everything else for that matter. Now all of a sudden when I close the laptop lid I lose the desktop on external screen. Power options are still set as "Do Nothing". It's driving me crazy!! Any Ideas guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/closing-laptop-lid-turns-off-external-monitor.724300/
Relevancy 44.72%

I recently got a new monitor (samsung sync master s27b350), and when I connect it to my laptop (alienware m11x r2) it works perfectly fine through either vga or hdmi

UNTIL I close the laptop's lid. Then the image on the external monitor either flickers or goes completely black (I have settings to 'do nothing' on lid close).

All my drivers appear as up to date and working, and with the lid open, there is no flickering.

I have tried several different cables of each hdmi and vga all with the same results

This didn't happen for the first 3 days with the new monitor, but then the problems started shortly after

what could be causing this problem?

thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

Anyone know what may cause this? Right now the computer is set to go into standby mode when I shut the lid, but lately when I reopen it (usually 10-15 minutes later) I just get a black screen and have to reboot.

The only thing I can think of that may have caused this is changing my hardware acceleration. I was having problems with Microsoft Streets and Trips and their GPS and they told me to turn HA down. Not sure if this is the direct cause.

Anyone have ideas or experience with this? Thanks.

A:Laptop hangs after closing lid; requires reboot

Sounds like your video card is not being reinitialized. This can be caused by several situations:

1) Your AWAKE settings in the BIOS have reverted to OFF - this can happen when the onboard battery goes out. Have you been getting any other strange occurrences lately? Longer boot cycle, additional memory test, etc. . . . .

2) Your power save mode is set to shut the monitor off in standby - check your power settings.

3) When you try to come out of standby-mode, the monitor doesn't get a strong enough signal to activate - try turning off and on the monitor to see if anything happens.

4) You may not be waiting long enough for the standby-mode to reactivate the system. If your power savings settings are set to power down HDD, video, processor, etc., it takes a bit for things to get fully back up and running.

5) Last, but not to be discounted: power supply. Don't know what your hardware configuration looks like, but it could be that the additional PCI card you added put your requirements right to the top of what your PSU can offer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hangs-after-closing-lid-requires-reboot.466312/
Relevancy 44.72%

I lid closing up after A the - Solution wake wont Laptop had this problem and so have tons of other people looking for a way to fix it You close your laptop lid only to discover - sometimes not all the time the PC will not wake up from sleep Hitting buttons moving the mouse nothing works You wind up hard booting Laptop wont wake up after closing the lid - A Solution the system to get back in My solution involved checking that Sleep mode under Power Options was actually activated to begin with People don't want the PC going blank on them so they set all options to Do Nothing under quot Change what happens when I close the lid quot This is the wrong thing to do I had everything set to Do Nothing What should have been checked was Sleep This will put the PC into sleep mode and you can wake it up by moving the mouse However we don't want it to work this way We want to close the lid and have the Laptop wont wake up after closing the lid - A Solution PC not go into sleep mode at all Even if under quot Choose when to turn off the display quot and quot Laptop wont wake up after closing the lid - A Solution Change when the computer sleeps quot and all your power plan settings are set to quot Never quot some PC's will still give you a black screen when you close the lid as if your going into sleep mode As if something is clearly not working It's not really going into sleep mode It's fooling you It's wonky I have been unable to determine the cause of this but if actually activating sleep mode fixes the problem then so be it The next step will be to get out your shotgun and blast the sucker - nobody wants that Because this sleep mode did sometimes work under quot Change what happens when I close the lid quot with all settings set to Do Nothing it seems that the bios or some hardware based function is controlling what happens when you close the lid Choosing to activate the sleep option from Windows seems to override that function I could be wrong about what is actually happening here I'm just going on appearances I'd rather my display never darkens at all even with the lid closed but I'll take this fix for now

A:Laptop wont wake up after closing the lid - A Solution

Try turning fast start up off: Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/20569-laptop-wont-wake-up-after-closing-lid-solution.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get extra power options for XP?

The default is, when you close the lid, you can either choose to "standby" or "do nothing". Does anyone know if it's possible to set it to do different things depending on if the laptop is plugged in or running off battery?

Thanks!

A:Extra power options for closing lid of laptop

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/maintain/powermgmt.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extra-power-options-for-closing-lid-of-laptop.134704/
Relevancy 44.72%

The audio works fine as long as I don't close my laptop lid and then reopen it. Once I close the laptop lid and then reopen it, the audio will not work until I restart my computer. I can see the music file is playing but there is no sound coming out from it. The Device Manager shows that everything is functioning properly.

I have never had this problem before. My laptop is Gateway MX7120. The audio driver from the official website does not work. I have used an alternative audio driver before and it worked fine in the previous several reformat until now. The alternative audio driver is Conexant AC-Link Audio.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi I have been having this issue for sometime now so I finally decided to reformat to try to fix it This did not work The problem is when I close the lid I have the laptop set to go to sleep However when I do close the lid it never sleeps And when I open the laptop again the when mode) (sleep closing lid BSOD laptop laptop is still on but the screen is black and I can't do anything until it BSODs or I press the power button In the BSOD I see quot driver power state failure quot I was following your guide as too what to do run to get the necessary information and during the autoruns part it always stops responding BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode) but the cmd windows BSOD Windows Vista v jcgriff still finishes Another thing is the perfmon report I get an Access Denied error so I cant do anything with that and running it BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode) as Admin doesn't do a report I have attached what I could Any help is greatly appreciated HP Pavilion dv t- c CTO Quad Edition Entertainment Notebook PC Product Number A L AV Intel Core i QM GHz GB RAM Switchable Graphics Intel HD graphics Radeon HD M XT

A:BSOD when closing laptop lid (sleep mode)

Hi -

The lone BSOD named your Realtek RTL8188CE wifi adapter driver as the probable cause -

Code:
rtl8192Ce.sys Tue Jul 12 00:09:44 2011 (4E1BC908)

Update the driver - http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=rtl8192Ce.sys

Regards. .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Mon Oct 22 23:04:22.716 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\102212-22869-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333
System Uptime: 0 days 1:36:42.590
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007d26060, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa80077d1700}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rtl8192Ce.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rtl8192Ce.sys
Probably caused by : rtl8192Ce.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments:

Arg2: fffffa8007d26060, Physical Device Object of the stack

Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, Functional Device Object of the stack

Arg4: fffffa80077d1700, The blocked IRP

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_rtl8192Ce.sys
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-closing-laptop-lid-sleep-mode-672085.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi!

My first post on these boards, hoping to get some help with an issue I've run into...

I got a laptop (Lenovo T420) which I've been running Windows 7 on for a while - everything has been working fine. Today I formatted my hard drive and did a clean install of Windows 8 Pro - working fine except for one strange but quite serious issue.

Whenever I open the lid of my laptop after having closed it (I've set it to "do nothing" when closed) the screen goes black for a second - then I get sent to the desktop and there is no mouse pointer showing - keyboard commands either doesn't work or behave strangely, and all I can do is do a hard reset and restart, upon which everything works until I close the lid again.

Would appreciate any help solving this problem, I'm not sure how to go about troubleshooting this kind of thing...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/8788-strange-issue-when-closing-laptop-lid-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 44.72%

This is surely a stupid question but I'm a Mac person and just learning about the "other" side.

One of our exec's is having a wake from sleep issue with his IBM Thinkpad (X31). He often has to hastily close the lid with the machine powered on and has difficulty getting it to wake up later.

2 questions.

Is the machine going into standy or hibernation mode when he does this?

What key(s) does he need to mash to wake it up? (preferably in an unlocked state.)

Thanks in advance.

A:Standy or Hibernation when closing lid on powered on laptop?

I believe with XP you can do either as well as just shut off the screen when you close the lid. Check the power option settings in control panel. Click my computer->control panel->power options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/standy-or-hibernation-when-closing-lid-on-powered-on-laptop.13882/
Relevancy 44.29%

I had an HEUR:Virus.win32generic virus detected by my Kaspersky. I coud not get rid of it, so I deleted the file that it was in. All I remember is that the file ended in avgcorex.dll.
Everything else works fine on the computer now except that when I go to start and shut down. The laptop shuts down but it turns itself back on right away. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem?

A:Laptop reboots itself after I shut it down

Are there any BIOS settings that say to restart the system in the event of power failure?

You should be able to access the BIOS by reading through your system manual for instructions to reach the BIOS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236520-laptop-reboots-itself-after-i-shut-down.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey, Ive been having some trouble with my Toshiba Tecra laptop and i am not quite sure whether this is a sofware or hardware problem. The laptop has been rebooting itself upon login every time. It appears not to reboot when i stay at the login screen but as soon as I login, it reboots itself. It may have been on the same network as a machine with virut (can it travel across network ?). It dosent appear to be overheating though, what else might the problem be ?

A:Laptop reboots infinetly

It may have been on the same network as a machine with virutNot good. Be sure to isolate the infected machine immediatelyAre you saying that you cannot get into and remain in XP?I'll wait for your answer before I move you to Am I infected?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/224945/laptop-reboots-infinetly/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I started it in safe mode, went to the help center, and looked at the Error Log. The Log tells me that "Symantec antivirus client service terminated with the following error: The enviroonment is incorrect."

It also tells me there is a system error

error code 10000000a,
parameter1 ff1701f0,
parameter2 00000002,
parameter3 00000000,
parameter4 804d9b64

It is a Sony Vaio, running Windows XP

A:my laptop continually reboots

Not much information to work with here. Any recent installations? new hardware? What was going on when this started? Any reason to believe this is the antivirus?

Continuall reboot often indicates a hardware issue. One way to get more info is to go to My Computer/Advanced (tab)/ Startup and recovery/... uncheck the 'restart on system failure' and check the 'write event to system log'.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-continually-reboots.771314/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a user who whose laptop reboots every time it's undocked. It's a Latitude E7440 with Windows 7 Pro.
Could this be a hardware issue? We have a lot of laptop users here all using Latitudes with the same image but this is the first time I've seen this.
Thanks.

A:Laptop reboots when it's undocked

Hi Hansen,Thank you for reaching out to us.Please let us know how exactly the user undocking the computer. Are you undocking the computer using undock option?Please click here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754084.aspx to know about how to safely remove a portable computer from a docking station.Please try safe remove the dicking station and lete us know if this helped.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19589270
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi. My daughter's Acer Aspire laptop is suffering from sudden shutdowns and reboots. The event viewer states there have been 29 critical events since 3/3/2011, the source of all is Kernel-Power (???). Here is a sample from the log as displayed on reboot ~

- System

- Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}
EventID 41
Version 2
Level 1
Task 63
Opcode 0
Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2011-01-19T19:24:19.229622400Z
EventRecordID 93181
Correlation

- Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8
Channel System
Computer gemma-PC

- Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData
BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

I thought it may be the laptop getting hot but she says it's quite cool when it shuts down and the last time it happened she only had PowerPoint open.

Any help would be appreciated

Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop has an annoying feature of rebooting or turning itself off when I shut the lid

This is really annoying

I've looked at the power settings and all seems to be OK

My laptop has no other problems or any signs of viruses + I have it regularly scanned with Mcafee

I'm running Windows Vista

Any help or advice would be great

Thanks
OM

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone My laptop Acer Aspire G - OS Windows keeps rebooting itself every - minutes This is happening quite accurately and I can almost guess the minute when it s going to happen again Firstly everything freezes for a second and then I get a blue screen which I can never read for it is on only for a while and then the computer just restarts itself with those familiar safe mode-safe mode with network etc options I always choose to start windows normally and the I got another - minutes till it happens again Only exception is when I restart it myself so I start the cycle myself It feels like sitting in an internet cafe I have already formatted my C disk with all the programmes on it plus I also checked whether my fans are working or if my processor is not overheating but everything seems to be fine Additionally I switched my Microsoft essentials antivirus to ESET smart security but nothing has been found I also tried checking my memory through F option on startup but again everything seems to be fine Overall all seems to be working but every minutes it reboots itself This is what the windows log says about it The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x d x c x x x f A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - I am not a computer expert so please if you have any advice use simple language Thank you for any help Mike nbsp

A:Laptop reboots itself every 50 minutes!

turn off the auto reboot and lets see what the blue screen says
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reboots-itself-every-50-minutes.954020/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello..i have an acer aspire 6920 laptop that turned off during a windows installation and now when i am trying to install windows or ubuntu all over again it reboots every 2-5 minutes..i tried memtest to see if there was a problem with the memory and it finishes the test within 30 minutes without turning off..can anybody help me with a solution or something to check to find what's wrong ?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129297-laptop-reboots-after-2-5-minutes.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Recently I've noticed my Compaq Evo 1000c suddenly for no apparent reason decides to reboot or (crash). Any ideas why, what and if there is a fix? Thanks to all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reboots-crash.584897/
Relevancy 44.29%

Good morning,
my Gateway laptop sponteously reboots.
It goes to a blue screen with tons of info on it, but reboots instantly and I cannot read anything it says.
Once it has come back up, it tells me, your system has recovered from a serious issue, with the send to MicroSoft reporter.
In there, is a link to see the error log, I have no idea what these mean, but it has something to do with 2 errors, had them in my copy, but lost them with the registration..key...
Will post again when it does it again...Sorry.

I have done a back up on my system to an external hard drive, but, it won't make the 'restart' disk, as my laptop does not have a floppy, go figure.

Thanks.
blueflyin...

A:Laptop spontaneously reboots

go to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the .dmp files in there and zip them up, attach the zip file in your next post using the "Go Advanced" button, then click the paper clip icon to browse and attach the zip, then hit the upload button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-spontaneously-reboots.892528/
Relevancy 44.29%

My laptop suddenly turns off into a black screen and then immediately reboots

Googling tells me this might be a power issue, but I checked event viewer and found nothing to support this

its working fine right now, but I don't want it to happen again, any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/75037-laptop-blackscreen-then-reboots.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a user who while working throughout the day, her Dell E4300 will just reboot on her. She has nothing out of the ordinary when it comes to software. We are running WinXP pro SP3. I checked the event viewer and I found this that confirmed when her PC last rebooted on her. if anyone can make heads or tails of it that would be great.

Source: System Error
Event ID: 1003
Error Code 00000044, parameter1 84824c88, parameter2 00000d64, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 00000000

I was thinking possibly faulty MB, RAM or maybe even malicious spyware?

A:WinXP laptop just reboots on its own

Go in System Properties - Advanced - Startup and Recovery Settings
under system failure remove the tick from Automatically restart.
OK
With this done the next time the system crashes you will be most likely met with a BSOD, make a not of the error code and post back with it.
You may also want to include the memory dump files in a zip file and attach them to your post so some one can have a look at them too

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/winxp-laptop-just-reboots-on-its-own.817018/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello there guys, I've just signed up as I just dont have any ideas what to do anymore.

Problem:

I go to shut down the laptop, it goes off for 2-3seconds, then system powers up.

I have googled hi & low and tried everything.

-Formatted and reinstalled.
- done scan disk
-checked for overheating
- changed network cards to not have power up
-checked bios for any wake events
- saved and checked time and time again Power settings.
- Reg cleanups.
-Driver updates.
-taking out batt and power cable and draining the charge. then rebooting.
- disabled reboot on failure
I dont know what else to try. I'm just stuck with this and cant see anything else to try.

Any help with this would be great (The button is not faulty either).
Laptop Specs:
Vista Home Premium
4GB ram
Dual core
Acer Aspire 7735Z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reboots-after-shutdown.996504/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi
My Acer Aspire 9300 laptop has become ill currently I am online in safe mode, but if I try booting up normally I can get as far as desktop but then it stops loading occasionally coming up with an application popup... ntiMUI.exe - Corrupt File : The file or directory \Program Files\NewTech Infosystems\NTI CD & DVD-Maker 7\jcmkr32.hlp is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility. The desktop then goes and blue screen message flashes up briefly this says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONEPAGE_AREA amongst other things but it dissapears very quickly i think it then goes black windows logo loads and then it goes to checkdisk ....I have tried letting it run through that but it still does all this stuff over and over . hope you can help I am running windows xp service pack 2...
thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-gets-so-far-into-startup-then-reboots.798875/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi Here goes my first post hope it works reboots at first start-up over Laptop again and over I bought an ASUS X J laptop months ago Worked perfectly Laptop reboots over and over again at first start-up up until yesterday - I couldn't play any videos at all Games worked good but no videos at all Tried updating Flash player video drivers than downgrading both - no results So I decided to do a freah install of Windows like with every PC that I had so far - since all that OEM crap is really choking the machine Anyways installation goes good until the part when it's supposed to start first time This is how it goes -BIOS screen -Little gray line and quot Windows is loading files quot -Black background some quot lights quot in the middle and all that quot Setup is checking video performance quot quot setup is editing registry quot quot preparing Your PC for first start-up quot - or something like that Then I suddenly get a GRAY background image instead of blue a spinning mouse cursor and it restarts And it does the same thing again And again And again And again I even left it like that for half an hour but nothing changed Tried booting in Safe mode Got the black background with quot Safe Mode quot in each corner but it suddenly restarts That's it So I tried to use ASUS Recovery - the F on BIOS Screen Starts and then I suddenly get a HUGE red ERROR over my screen In the upper left corner's quot ASRecovery - OS File DEPLOY ERROR quot So now I'm stuck without an OS And I don't know what to do So I came here to beg for help Pleeease help me

A:Laptop reboots over and over again at first start-up

Hi, when doing your fresh install, did you use advanced feature to format partition before install ?.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/145382-laptop-reboots-over-over-again-first-start-up.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hi sorry if this post is in the wrong place, i'm new.
i finally worked out how to get full screen on my tv when connected via hdmi from laptop, which is great. only now found that when i shut the laptop screen i lose the full screen on the tele and it sizes down to about 50% with the black boarder. on my laptop control panel "what does computer do when i shut the lid" i have selected "do nothing" on both wired and battery modes.
anyone have any suggestions as to how i can close the lid and keep full screen? thanks
(the tv is a celcus full hd smart something or other and laptop is hp running windows 8.1, if thats any help!?)
thanks again xx

A:on closing laptop i lose full screen on tv hdmi

Welcome to the forum kas! Do you have your setting set to maintain aspect ratio? Also with the lid closed go into the display settings and see if you can adjust it.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/51531-closing-laptop-i-lose-full-screen-tv-hdmi.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I've had this problem for quite a while and my warranty expired 2 days ago. Basically, almost every time I close my laptop it doesn't power down properly and can still be heard running. One time, I opened it back up and noticed a Bluescreen. I tried calling HP but they were unwavering about the Warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HP dm4-1265dx
Windows 7 Premium 64bit

oblem signature:] Problem Event Name: BlueScreen\
ny6jh7
\sxw2 a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
BCCode: 9f
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA800419D930
BCP3: FFFFF80000B9C518
BCP4: FFFFFA800D5FAC00
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
C:\Windows\Minidump\072311-44039-01.dmp
C:\Users\Raikou87\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-76159-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:Frequent BSOD when closing laptop and improperly powering down

These were all Related to NETw5s64.sys Wireless WiFi Link Driver from Intel Corporation. It is basically taking to long (10 mins) to respond. I would re-install the newest driver available.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227976-frequent-bsod-when-closing-laptop-improperly-powering-down.html
Relevancy 43.86%

on 01-07-2016 i purchase an laptop model 15AC146NE, once i reach home i had notice it give crack sound when i open or close the laptop screen. display and other things are ok. please advice how it to be fixed, its just 4 day now. thank youzak

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/crack-noise-while-closing-and-opening-laptop-flap-lid/td-p/5678298
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone,

My laptop (a Dell D620) has developed an annoying issue.
Ever since I connected a projector into the spare VGA output on it the desktop icons move whenever I close the lid down during use or before its completely shut down.

The projector was running at 1024x768 as an extended desktop, and I have since checked all the settings in my display properties and NVidia settings, but nothing seems to be wrong there...

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Just having a weird problem with Windows When I am using earphones or my laptop speakers and then I close the lid on my laptop it causes a great reduction in the volume of Windows automatically to Laptop reduce 7, causes Closing volume Lid the sound output automatically While the laptop lid is still open the volume on all programs remains normal However when I close my laptop lid it seems Windows automatically reduces the volume Let's say I put the volume on my laptop to units in the sound mixer All programs I am using are set to use the volume the sound output device is using so everything else is also at units including Media Player Classic I am usually using Media Player Classic to play some FLAC music I usually have earphones connected but Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce this issue recurs Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce without them as well When I close my laptop in about seconds the sound volume will automatically reduce to units in the Volume Mixer in the taskbar This sound reduction also only applies to the program I am currently using to play music e g MPC or iTunes the two which I've tried so far After re-opening my laptop I check the Volume Mixer Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce and it shows only MPC or iTunes sound output is reduced The system device speakers will still be at units volume This is really frustrating because I like to turn on some music and then close my laptop so I can study but I find I have to constantly adjust volume because Windows is deciding to automatically adjust the volume for me which I simply don't need I understand how it can be helpful but for me it is just a nuisance This is what the Volume Mixer looks like just after starting playback in MPC This is an example of what the Volume Mixer from the taskbar looks like after I close and then re-open my laptop lid It just shows MPC reducing volume while all other volumes which aren't outputting anything remain at the normal volume I set before closing the laptop lid If anyone could help with this issue it would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7, Closing Laptop Lid causes volume to automatically reduce

Hello,

I was able to resolve this by the following:

Right-Click the sound icon, and click "Playback Devices". There should be a tab that says "Communications" on the very right. If yours shows "Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%", setting this to "Do Nothing" will correct your issue, as it did for me (this was irritating me just as much as it did you).

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/180920-windows-7-closing-laptop-lid-causes-volume-automatically-reduce.html
Relevancy 43.86%

It started recently out of the blue (no pun intended). Whenever I open and wake my laptop up, I get a BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, 0x0000000A.

I attached the file from the SF diagnostic tool.

Thanks a million, in advance.

A:BSOD after closing and opening laptop screen. 0x0000000A

Debug blames:WRkrn.sys

Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials driver
Webroot SecureAnywhere Anti-virus driver

Uninstall and test for bluescreen.

Let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351425-bsod-after-closing-opening-laptop-screen-0x0000000a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Most nights when I close my laptop to go to bed, I wake up in the morning to either a BSOD, or the laptop will be off. I'll turn it back on to find the "start windows normally" screen, and a dialogue box asking to search for solutions to the error. This happens almost every night for the past few weeks.

I have recently reinstalled/update a lot of my drivers, but nothing is seeming to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD at night after closing laptop, ntoskrnl.exe 0x0000000A

It is caused by Netgear Geanie.

Either you may attempt to update it or you may want to uninstall it.

Let us know the results as per your decision.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa8039769178, 2, 1, fffff80002edf035}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for npf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for npf.sys
Probably caused by : npf.sys ( npf+2bb2 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8039769178, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002edf035, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000310e100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000310e1c0
fffffa8039769178 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KeAcquireSpinLockRaiseToDpc+55
fffff800`02edf035 f0480fba2900 lock bts qword ptr [rcx],0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880033066d0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880033066d0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8039769178
rdx=0000000000187000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002edf035 rsp=fffff88003306860 rbp=fffffa8039769178
r8=fffffa8006a0a528 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffffffffffffe
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
nt!KeAcquireSpinLockRaiseToDpc+0x55:
fffff800`02edf035 f0480fba2900 lock bts qword ptr [rcx],0 ds:fffffa80`39769178=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ed4469 to fffff80002ed4ec0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03306588 fffff800`02ed4469 : 00000000`0000000a fffffa80`39769178 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03306590 fffff800`02ed30e0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`033066d0 fffff800`02edf035 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`018255b2 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`03306860 fffff880`06082bb2 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0b7d41a0 fffffa80`0b928ce0 fffffa80`39766000 : nt!KeAcquireSpinLockRaiseToDpc+0x55
fffff880`033068b0 00000000`00000001 : fffffa80`0b7d41a0 fffffa80`0b928ce0 fffffa80`39766000 00000000`00060000 : npf+0x2bb2
fffff880`033068b... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361110-bsod-night-after-closing-laptop-ntoskrnl-exe-0x0000000a.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey There Would appreciate you help very much here My Hanging, Freezing Slow closing browser... laptop, when laptop always hang when I shut the web browser freeze sumtimes when I shut the window browser Also hangs Slow laptop, Hanging, Freezing when closing browser... when I try installing some exe stuff like HijackThis Avast ect and try to remove program Slow laptop, Hanging, Freezing when closing browser... The task manager is normal low CPU usage normal process system idle avp exe I manage to install HijackThis after I pause Kapersky This is the countless time I restart my laptop since it freezes most of the time My laptop spec Window XP Pro Service Pack Pentium r Dual Core CPU T GHz GHz GB of RAM Physical Address Extension Here s the logfile Im using Kapersky Internet Security TuneUp Click Maintenance for registry amp defragmentation also use cCleaner once in a while Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Desksware Desktop iCal Calendar exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files OpenOffice org program soffice bin C WINDOWS system agrsmsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security klwtblfs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www ziddu com downloadlink MicrosoftWord-MicrosoftWord-orgasme zip R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat Activ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-laptop-hanging-freezing-when-closing-browser.930726/
Relevancy 43.86%

i have a compaq presario cq60-211dx. everytime i close the lid i hear the device disconnect and when i open it i hear the device connect sound. nothing seems to b effected. the sound is still there and everything but im jus worried maybe sumthing going on that shouldnt b. any ideas?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/230145-device-disconnect-sound-plays-when-closing-laptop.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello First of all I'm Dutch and so is my Windows so if some terms aren't quite as they should in English I apologize and hope you still understand I recently reinstalled Windows completely because I bought an SSD for in my laptop I exported my power plans I used before the reset when Windows was still on the HDD and imported them again after the reset In every power plan Windows should go to sleep Windows laptop shuts down power closing when despite plan mode when closing the laptop lid but that's not what's happening Instead Windows shuts down entirely but the power light on my Windows shuts down when closing laptop despite power plan laptop indicates it's in sleep mode flashing slowly I also tried the built-in power plans after just adjusting the appropriate setting but the same happens When i change the setting to do nothing instead of going to sleep mode it acts like it should it does nothing I searched a bit around on the internet but I can't find solutions or even someone else with the same problem Pretty desperate I refreshed Windows but even now thI recently reinstalled Windows completely because I bought an SSD for in my laptop I exported my power plans I used before the reset when Windows was Windows shuts down when closing laptop despite power plan still on the Windows shuts down when closing laptop despite power plan HDD and imported them again after the reset In every power plan Windows should go to sleep mode when closing the laptop lid but that's not what's happening Instead Windows shuts down entirely but the power light on my laptop indicates it's in sleep mode flashing slowly I also tried the built-in power plans after just adjusting the appropriate setting but the same happens When i change the setting to do nothing instead of going to sleep mode it acts like it should it does nothing e problem still remains So even more desperate I make this thread and hope someone can help me Thanks in advance Japeroen

A:Windows shuts down when closing laptop despite power plan

God dammit... Looked a bit around in the UEFI settings without changing anything, and now everything seems normal again...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40422-windows-shuts-down-when-closing-laptop-despite-power-plan.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Guys Please help me a little I think I'm losing my mind I have Laptop Wake Sleep itself Reboots from - an Asus Ultrabook UX L It came with windows from the factory I upgraded it to windows all nice and wonderful About a month ago I replaced my HDD with an Samsung Evo SSD and I installed a clean copy of Windows which I activated with my windows key All good till here But after that my nightmare started I can't put my laptop to sleep because when I try to wake it up it rastarts instead and I lose all my documents programs started before etc It literally drives me nuts I tried to install a older Intel Management Engine because I found out Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself that the last one is buggy and it is I can't even put my computer to hubernate with it the fans just keep running till it drains my battery but with the IME ish at least hibernation work I tried to disable fast boot to install an older version of the integrated intel graphics card driver tried to put my HDD's to never sleep disabled hybrid sleep set the AHCI link power management to HIMP DIMP etc I don't know what else to do Waiting for your suggestions Best regards Allen

A:Wake from Sleep - Laptop Reboots itself

Hello Allen and welcome to the Ten Forums

Have a look at the Power Options Advanced settings: Enter Edit power plan in the search box and then select Change advanced power settings.

Check the settings for sleep and make sure that you do not have sleep going into hibernate mode by setting the value to 0 minutes

Hope this helps!

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38769-wake-sleep-laptop-reboots-itself.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I've got a laptop which had a hard drive and W7 Ultimate installed on it.

I've taken the Hard drive out and replaced it with an SSD and have gone to re-install Windows 7 on it.

I've tried with a USB installation or with a Disk and everytime it gets to the Starting Windows stage, then a white cursor appears before the machine restarts and proceeds to try and boot off the Disk/USB again.

Any idea's?

A:Trying to Install Windows 7, Laptop Reboots

Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/369776-trying-install-windows-7-laptop-reboots.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So my laptop restarts everyday right about am I already checked auto restarts and nothing seems to be out of place Its been restarting everyday since last week and I haven t been able to figure this one out Is there something in my hijackthis that shows some kind of issue that I can not find Logfile of Trend at Laptop reboots everyday time... same Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C windows system taskhost exeC windows system Dwm exeC windows Explorer EXEC Program Files System Control Manager MGSysCtrl exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACDaemon exeC Program Files Crawler Smileys CSmileysIM exeC Program Laptop reboots everyday at same time... Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ArcCon acC Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXEC windows system taskeng exeC windows System msdt exeC windows System sdiagnhost exeC windows system conhost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www msi comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http toolbar inbox com search dispatcher aspx tp aus amp qkw s amp tbid tb id amp languageR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www hawthornecat com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - C PROGRA INBOXT Inbox dllO - BHO no name - BF C -B DE- BD-BF - AD CAB B - C PROGRA SITERA SiteRank dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - CB BF -BBAE- A - F - FF D - C PROGRA Crawler ctbr dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO no name - D D D - F D- C-B C -E F B - C PROGRA INBOXT Inbox dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C P... Read more

A:Laptop reboots everyday at same time...

here is my DDS

DDS (Ver_2011-08-26.01) - NTFSx86
Internet Explorer: 9.0.8112.16421 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_26
Run by GPG Employee at 11:56:02 on 2011-10-11
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 6.1.7601.1.1252.1.1033.18.3327.1909 [GMT -7:00]
AV: Avira Desktop *Enabled/Updated* {F67B4DE5-C0B4-6C3F-0EFF-6C83BD5D0C2C}
SP: Avira Desktop *Enabled/Updated* {4D1AAC01-E68E-63B1-344F-57F1C6DA4691}
SP: Windows Defender *Enabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
C:\windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k RPCSS
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalService
C:\windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkService
C:\windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\sched.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Service\Bin\ACService.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\Program Files\FedEx\ShipManager\BIN\FedEx.Gsm.Common.LoggingService.exe
C:\Program Files\FedEx\ShipManager\SQLAnywhere\Bin32\dbsrv11.exe
C:\ProgramData\FileOpen\Services\FileOpenManagerSvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin32\nSvcAppFlt.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k hpdevmgmt
C:\Program Files\System Control Manager\MSIService.exe
c:\UPS\WSTD\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k HPZ12
C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\Program Files\FedEx\ShipManager\BIN\AdminService.exe
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin32\nSvcIp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe
C:\windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Program Files\FedEx\ShipManager\BIN\ShipEngineService.exe
C:\windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted
C:\Program Files\FedEx\ShipManager\BIN\TransEngineService.exe
C:\windows\system32\svchost.exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation
C:\windows\System32\svchost.exe -k secsvcs
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
C:\windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\System Control Manager\MGSysCtrl.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ArcSoft\Connection Se... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/422335/laptop-reboots-everyday-at-same-time/
Relevancy 43.86%

CPU toshiba satellite C -s Motherboard MAIN BOARD GL DDRIII Ram reboots constantly Toshiba laptop Speed size Toshiba laptop constantly reboots and sticks gb GPU Intel Graphics Media Accelerator M PSU do not leave this out W V A Auto-sensing - V - Hz input OS Windows Home Premium Here it is on the website http us toshiba com computers laptops satellite C C -S I was just sitting on the couch on my desktop doing nothing You know that Toshiba laptop constantly reboots distraction Toshiba laptop constantly reboots thing that happens where you re on the computer but you re watching TV Yea but watching TV Then it just shuts down I try to turn it back on but it goes like this Boot Screen-- gt The underscore at the top left-- gt Boot Screen-- gt And it repeats It worked fine with no problems I didn t install any quot mal-programs quot I was just sitting there watching TV and this happens I tried removing the RAM and running it didn t work I tried a recovery disk and I get the unexpected problem ox b I have many important files on here that I hope I didn t lose Any suggestions Please and thank you nbsp

A:Toshiba laptop constantly reboots

"Boot Screen-->The underscore at the top left-->Boot Screen--> And it repeats"... This indicates that the hard drive has failed. You can have it removed and put aside, while you have a new hard drive installed and Windows re-installed. After the laptop is up and running again, you can place the old laptop drive in an external USB case and attach it to the working laptop to attempt to retrieve any data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-constantly-reboots.180596/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone first time poster My Toshiba satellite a laptop randomly turns off and restarts again Sometimes laptop on toshiba reboots Random it happens during the bios boot time and sometimes it may happen while I am surfing the web but there doesn't seem to be any pattern to the the random restarts It's only been happening in the last - days or so There is no BSOD I have looked at the computer events log and can't seem to pinpoint anything that precedes the random reboot Only thing I have seen is Event ID quot Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected quot But even this event does not correspond exactly as there are times when I get this event without a reboot occurring I tried restoring my system to an earlier known good period with acronis tried sucking some of the dust out of Random reboots on toshiba laptop the fans but I've still been getting these problems Also my HDD health seems good from an HDD health program and no errors on error checking The CPU temperatures are only getting around - degrees My system is Toshiba satellite a windows vista bit home premium sp gb HD gb ram P processor hd graphics If anyone knows how to fix this random reboot or has any idea about the cause I would love to hear from you Thank you for your help confused Edit I've had this laptop since late Also there are times when the whole system freezes up with a beep sound the mouse cursor can't move nothing responds This lasts about - s and everything is responsive again Occurs maybe a few times a week But don't know if it's related to this reboot problem

A:Random reboots on toshiba laptop

Do the same problems occur when you run it in Safe Mode with Networking ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-reboots-on-toshiba-laptop-689737.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I run Windows XP Professional on a Gateway 200 ARC Notebook.

I have a couple USP Jump Drives and just tonight when I use them and try to "Safely Remove Hardware" my computer reboots as soon as I hit the OK button to stop the device. I get a blue screen with a lot of information but no time to read before the system shuts down but I could see the word "Problem"

I've tried with both jump drives so it isn't the drive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks . . . Peggy

A:Laptop Reboots on Remove Hardware

Today, I decided to Remove my Printer which is on the second USP Port and it worked fine. So . . . I decided to try the Jump Drive in that port and the same problem but the blue screen at least stays so I can read it.

This is a Stop Error Screen

0X81FA1870,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000

No More IRP Stack Locations

Begin Dump Physical Memory
Physical Memory Dump Complete

Any Ideas???

Thanks for any help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-reboots-on-remove-hardware.385721/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have had my computer for only one week now meets BSOD Laptop and reboots but it seems to have some difficulties I get some random blue screens of death when I have loaded Vista - it reboots at works fine First it was the memory but it seems to been corrected I have updated my graphic card again to fix but didn't help I have Laptop meets BSOD and reboots also ran the Windows memory tool but it did not find any problems I have installed all drivers from a cd which I got from the Laptop meets BSOD and reboots company I bought my laptop all though I have installede a mouse from Trust which support Vista x accorinding to their site www trust com The BSOD are as BCCode BCP FFFFF F FF BCP BCP FFFFF D A BCP OS Version Service Pack Laptop meets BSOD and reboots Product Serveroplysninger a edeec-fc - a -a bc-c db f a BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFFA F AA BCP FFFFFA F OS Version Service Pack Product Serveroplysninger b aa - c - b f-a e -fd a dc f BCCode f BCP BCP BCP F BCP FFFFF E EAFF OS Version Service Pack Product Serveroplysninger c c b - f- e-ac - a c Can anybody help me The computer works fine after the problem but it is pretty ignoring Thanks in advance

A:Laptop meets BSOD and reboots

hi have a look here it will give you an idea what has been going on http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x9f scrool up to lower num and the messages are similar in many of the os

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-meets-bsod-and-reboots-340469.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Several weeks ago, I finally got my laptop running well for longer that 5 minutes. I had had McAffee free version installed, and I deleted it. I decided to download the updates I had been missing, and now my computer will not boot. It turns, says that it was shut down unexpectedly...which mode should it be in. and then it begins and suddenly shuts down, restarts and we are back at the beginning. I have tried my Toshiba Recovery and Applications/Drivers CD that came with the computer, but I can't remember which button to push, so nothing happens. Please help me.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/319656/laptop-with-vista-contantly-reboots/
Relevancy 43.86%

Why my Laptop restarts/ reboots whenever a CFL in vicinity is switched on? Do anybody also experience this phenomena? Please help how to stop it, as this is just like forcing sudden switching off laptop, which is to sure damage the laptop software &/ hardware. This happens when the laptop is both plugged in and when on battery. Do anybody has clue? Pls help.