Windows Support Forum

USB connection continuously disconnects

Q: USB connection continuously disconnects

So i recently got Dell XPS 9530 with windows 8.1. The problem is that whenever I plug in my Android device (I have tried Sony Xperia, HTC One M8, Samsung S6) it keeps disconnecting. The problem exist with BlackBerry Classic, Passport and even Z10.

The problem persists even with harddisks though the connection drop doesn't happen that frequently but it happens.

I have tried updating my drivers, different cables and what not, but the connection isn't consistent. I have got my laptop's motherboard replaced twice, got my laptop replaced once and the problem is still there.

Anyways, If you guys have any thoughts or been there done that then let me know.

Appreciate your help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: USB connection continuously disconnects

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: USB connection continuously disconnects

Welcome to TSF!

Does the disconnect happen even when the devices are plugged directly into a laptop USB port?

Does the same problem occur when running in Safe mode?

What about in Safe mode with networking?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/usb-connection-continuously-disconnects-1002114.html
Relevancy 67.08%

This just started happening only a few days ago, I'm not sure what might have caused it, but my laptop will suddenly disconnect from my wifi network. sometimes it won't disconnect, but just stop receiving/sending packets. I can tell this because suddenly my pages are stuck loading and skype is trying to reconnect, but nothing happens until I manually disconnect.

I have tried
Troubleshooting But I usually get "Your proxy setting could not be recognized" or something, even though I don't have any proxy settings.Uninstalling and then reinstalling the latest driver for my wifi carddisabling power saving for the wifi card as talked about hereEverything mentioned on the Microsoft page here

This has been driving me crazy, ethernet works fine. I can connect my phone to wifi and tether it to my laptop, so this shouldn't be a problem with the router.

A:Wifi continuously disconnects

Windows 10 Forums - Search Results
Many are having issues. The above link contains previous discussions.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38603-wifi-continuously-disconnects.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello My problem is that my internet will disconnect sometimes for a split second for a few minutes or for hours at a time My boyfriend and I have directly connected his computer to the modem and the internet is working I have also called our ISP and asked if there are any problems on their end and our continuously resets Internet and IP disconnects modem is working fine with no issues So we had come to the conclusion that our router was at fault It was a Linksys E we investigated online and found that Internet disconnects and resets IP continuously many people had the same problem and it was solved through buying a new router We have since bought a new router a D-link N it worked for a week and a half but now our internet is back to disconnecting randomly throughout the day We have tried resetting the router back to factory settings to an avail If anyone could give us an idea on what s going on and how to fix it that would be great As we d like to see if it s fixable so we may use our old router and return the new D-link nbsp

A:Internet disconnects and resets IP continuously

would you try this on one of the PCs and if that works we can setup on the router and apply to all pcs
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google public DNS

Google public DNS
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Theres also a link on how to setup those DNS IP address up on a PC
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

How to set XP here
http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/google-public-dns-on-win7-and-winxp.html

Then once you have set up those DNS entries

Flush & register DNS

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):
In the command prompt window that opens, type the following commands:

Ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/registerdns

If you receive the message
The requested operation requires elevation.
Then please open the command prompt as administrator
Start> All Programs> Accessories and then right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

now type the command again
Open DNS on windows 7
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/15037-dns-addressing-how-change-windows-7-a.html
------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-disconnects-and-resets-ip-continuously.1075566/
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought this HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab516TX few months back. Since the beginnning I am facing the problem of network connectivity in wifi. The wifi keeps on disconnecitng and it's very frustrating. I have tried everything given on the internet to fix the issue but nothing helped. it seems there is a problem in the Realtek RTL8723BE wifi adapter. I have now installed the Windows 10 1607 update but still the issue persists. I contacted HP support center, after multiple calls and even the engineer visiting my place, the problem persists. They have asked to revert to Windows 8 which is stupid, as no one would  want to degrade to a lower version. Anyone who has faced similar problem and have got it fixed? 

A:Wifi disconnects continuously with HP Pavilion Notebook 15-a...

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to try a newer driver than the one on your notebook's support page. The W10 driver on your notebook's support page is from Oct 20, 2015. However, several updated drivers have been released since then.  This is the latest one I could find... 2023.38.701.2016 Rev.A (9 Sep 2016) This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system.  ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77436.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-disconnects-continuously-with-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15/td-p/5789179
Relevancy 58.48%

Just this morning I was surfing the web doing nothing in particular other than surfing the web that is Suddenly I heard the USB driver quot sound quot What's curious is that this sound wasn't one which after blinks LED "disconnects" keyboard NUMLOCK continuously indicated a device being ejected but one that was being newly plugged in PROBLEM Then the keyboard NUMLOCK LED light began blinking continuously All other devices mouse speaker printer etc were working fine But the keyboard stopped working except of course for that incessant blinking PROBLEM Well I rebooted and things didn't seem to work I unplugged both the keyboard cable and the cable which connects to the USB port ON THE KEYBOARD to other slots and it worked I also plugged in a pen-drive to the previous two slots and in both instances the pen worked So I reverted the two cables of the keyboard to those slots AND IT WORKED My question is what would this entail So far the keyboard is working fine But what could cause such an anomaly Besides I had NOT activated the quot allow your computer to disable device quot under Power Options Help much appreciated

A:NUMLOCK LED blinks continuously after keyboard "disconnects"

since it worked on two other USB ports, try the other one again and see if it does it again because i have a feeling it could be that first usb port you initially used.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/376427-numlock-led-blinks-continuously-after-keyboard-disconnects.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello For the last month I've been having problems with my computer The main symptomsare - internet connection disconnects every - hours sometimes shorter longer - the download rate dropped from to on a regular basis - the computer gets slow sometimes more than usual and acts weird I've checked the matter with the internet cables and the modem providers - everything is fine and I believe that there's a malicious Trojan inside my computer The thing is that I'm quite an expert and I HAVE tried EVERYTHING on my own but NOTHING works I've tried the steps you recommended I've scanned online with every recommended virus Connection Droped Half, Trojan/spyware Speed - By Plus Unknown Disconnects Connection scanner available I got the AVG anti virus amp anti spyware firewall I scanned witheverything possible They all found minor things but nothing serious Spy Catcher was the onethat catched many things actually I've done many scans in either Normal or Safe modes andnow the results are showing that it's all cleaned However - the problem is still there I hope you can help me with the following Hijackthis log Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware file If nothing helps I guess the next step will be probably just to format and reinstall windows something that happens on a rather regular basis on my computer I'd appreciate any useful comment Thanks Liaf HERE'S MY LOG FILE Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunThreatEngine exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer SunProtectionServer exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SpyCatcher Scheduler daemon exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgcc exeE BitLord BitLord exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG avgwa datC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www live com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - A C D- CED- A - D-DAE A FD - no file O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run ASM quot C Program Files AOL Active Security Monitor ASMonitor exe quot HIDEMAINO - HKLM Run SunServer C Program Files Sunbelt Software CounterSpy Consumer sunserver exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hideO - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Pr... Read more

A:Connection Speed Droped By Half, Plus Connection Disconnects - Unknown Trojan/spyware

Hi again,

Please reply asap, even if you don't know what it is - I need to know if it's something
that can't be fixed so that I'll reinstall windows.
HELP!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75349/connection-speed-droped-by-half-plus-connection-disconnects-unknown-trojanspyware/
Relevancy 53.75%

PLEASE HELP ME! I have called my internet providers (Telstra) multiple MULTIPLE times where they called in a technician for a physical check ups, but in the end they couldn't solve the problem. So this has been happening for a few months now, where every night at around 11:30pm, the internet connection will suddenly drop and crawl. If I do a speed test, i normally get around 20 ping and a download speed of 5~6mbps, but during the night i would get a ping of around 3000 and a download speed of 0.02mbps. This then crawls till around 12pm in the afternoon. Please help as i cannot bare this pain anymoreeee!

Relevancy 53.75%

I am having a problem with my internet connection constantly cutting out. The only way I can get it to come back up is by unplugging the modem and router for 30 seconds and then re-plugging. Can anyone help to diagnose this problem? How do I tell if it is a bad modem or bad router?

Thanks
Donnen :dead:

A:Internet connection continuously lost

Well first you can borrow or buy a new router to test that side of the story. Also what internet connection do you have dsl or cable? Have you tried plugging your computer directly into the modem bypassing the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connection-continuously-lost.43590/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an HP Mini Note laptop that has had issues with my wireless signal Continuously Connection Lost Wireless ever since I purchased it When I turn it Wireless Connection Continuously Lost on it connects to the internet without a problem but it becomes disconnected after about minutes or so of using it The message I receive says quot Unable to connect to preferred wireless network Windows could not connect to any of your preferred wireless networks Windows will keep trying to connect To see a list of all networks including others you can connect to click this message quot I am able to reconnect it without a problem but it continues to disconnect after just a short time Is there a way that I could get the connection to stop disconnecting Every other laptop or device with wifi that I own connects to the router without any problems at all It is just this laptop that has given me this problem Here is some information about my router laptop that may or may not be relevant to this case HP Mini Note gb ram gb hard drive Running on Internet Explorer D-link Airplus Xtreme G wireless router Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,

My nephew's MAC continuously times out when trying to connect to my wireless connection. Details are:

ISP=Orcon
Modem/router=Dynalink: RTA1025WE
No other network equipment.
Wireless connection
Authentication=WPA-PSK
Browser=Firefox
MAC Book Pro, OS=10.6.2

A:MAC wireless connection continuously times out

My nephew's MAC continuously times out when trying to connect to my wireless connection. Click to expand...

So the Mac cannot connect at all

Any other device connected to your wireless and working ?

I would log into the router and remove the wireless security and see if the Mac can now connect with no security - if it can then re add the security back on and see if it can connected -
also try a different wireless channel use channel 1 or 6 or 11
i have had a cordless phone stop connection and changing channels has resolved the issue

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mac-wireless-connection-continuously-times-out.985488/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello amp thank you in advance for any help you can provide Since Oct th I have had a internet connectivity issue I noticed it while gaming as my connectivity was dropping during game saves When I attempted Wired) Connection Spiked Being (Wireless or Continuously Internet to browse to other sites my browser would time out Firefox IE Chrome didn't matter amp in the case of Firefox even if I exited Internet Connection Being Continuously Spiked (Wireless or Wired) out of the browser I would get an app crash box that also initially prevented my computer from shutting down it would hang after exiting from the desktop Prior to Oct th the only issue I would have periodically was a network adapter issue which Windows Troubleshooter would solve Internet Connection Being Continuously Spiked (Wireless or Wired) by resetting or Internet Connection Being Continuously Spiked (Wireless or Wired) worst case restarting the computer I attributed this rightly or wrongly to the to year old wireless router I using Please note that this issue doesn't affect my girlfriends to year old dell laptop nor does it affect our smartphones The details on my system are as follows Operating System- Windows Home Premium -bit SP Computer type Dell XPS Desktop PC CPU- Intel Core i GHz Haswell nm Technology RAM- GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard- Dell Inc KWVT CPU Graphics- DELL P H x Hz DELL P H x Hz MB NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA Storage- GB ATA ST DM - CH SCSI Disk Device SATA GB Western Digital WD AAV External USB Device USB SATA GB Western Digital WD My Passport USB Device USB SATA Optical Drives- HL-DT-ST DVD -RW GHB N SCSI CdRom Device Audio- Realtek High Definition Audio Wireless Adapter- Dell Wireless b g n GHz Wired Adpater- Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Dell W power supply Model HU AM- Here is a pic of the results of a power supply calculator with my setup Shared album - tman trask - Google Photos Old Router- Wire HGV-B Residential gateway router Current New Router- Wire HGV Residential gateway router as of Internet Provider- AT amp T Uverse mps down mps down Connected devices in the home network Dell Inspirion Laptop Roku Apple TV For the last few weeks I have tried numerous things but with no resolution I had been using a wireless connection but I did eventually run a ft ethernet cable from my PC directly into my old Wire router but with no benefit I installed a new Wire router last month amp again no resolution to the problem I should also mention that my connection in Safe Mode is unaffected which is why I'm able to post this Before going through what steps I have taken to resolve this problem below is a pic of the Network Utilization graph in Task Manager showing the spiking I'm talking about This happens within to minutes after startup Also note this graph reflects what is happening after I have turned off all start up items amp loaded minimal drivers http img auctiva com imgdata webimg Update I noticed that the spiking in task manager is due to bytes received So I turned on the Bytes received column in Networking According to task manager the spikes equate to approximately trillion MB The number is always the same MB I have tried the following things over the last month including things suggested to other people in forums with somewhat similar issues including- resetting the TCIP IP Stack resetting Winsock deleting wireless network adapters disabling wireless adapters once connected via a wired connection deleting reinstalling video adapter switching from wireless to wired connection changing to an updated router running virus malware scans with Malwarebyes Spybot including rootkit scan Norman not Norton Microsoft Safety Scanner all with no issues being detected a CCleaner pass loading windows with no Startup items Microsoft only drivers ran a diagnostic in BIOS everything passed etc I have also downloaded amp run process explorer but have not been able to find something that stands out All of the fans including the PSU fan were checked... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/402626-internet-connection-being-continuously-spiked-wireless-wired.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I just installed a netgear extender in my house. I set it up, all lights that need to be on are green, and I can connect to the network, BUT when I am connected, I will constantly lose internet connection. I'll have it for several seconds, but then it will just drop and the windows network symbol in the bottom right gets the yellow triangle. Troubleshooting the network shows varying results from a broken connection to no default gateway and sometimes both and more. I've tried /release /renew on my ip just in case that was an issue, but no change. All firmware for the extender is up to date. I can connect to the network the extender is connected to just fine however.

Relevancy 50.74%

I m on an HP Pavilion laptop and access the internet using a Linksys wireless router Once a day the connection disconnects for about minutes or until I reboot my router Also using the same router at a friend s home a three-floor house I m able to connect Wireless connection disconnects to the router from the ground floor but it disconnects regularly My friend who s on a Dell Inspiron never gets isconnected I ve provided my HiJack this log in case there s anything apparent that can be seen Also if there are any ther problems with my og I d appreciate having them pointed out to me Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft Wireless connection disconnects AVGFRE avgamsvr exe Wireless connection disconnects C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System Fast exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system ssoftsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Tablet exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C DOCUME ERA LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe O - HKLM Run SoundMAX C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe tray O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ATIModeChange Ati mdxx exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run BootSkin Startup Jobs quot C PROGRA Stardock WINCUS BootSkin BootSkin exe quot StartupJobs O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run NCLaunch C WINDOWS NCLAUNCH EXe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup HP Digital Imaging Monitor lnk C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe O - Global Startup TabUserW exe lnk C WINDOWS system WTablet TabUserW exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - ... Read more

A:Wireless connection disconnects

I do not see anything that sticks out from the HiJackThis log.

I see this problem often. There seems to be many causes for this. I know that often Linksys routers will overheat--my advice is to make sure it isn't on top of your modem or anything that might provide excess heat.

Further, I would be most interested in the wireless network card. Have you made sure you have updates for it?

Also, have you tried running something like an streaming-audio player (i.e., iTunes) on some internet radio show to see if it keeps the connection active. Another idea would (if you have a Wireless G [WRT54G] router) be to turn on the logging feature to see when the connection drops and why.

Most likely, it will be something with the network card. But, there are other settings on those Linksys routers (like Beacon Interval) that can be modified to get it to work...

HTH

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects.394392/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am running Vista on my new HP tablet. For some unknown reason it disconnects about 3-4 times a day. Then informs me there are "no wireless connections available". I have to reboot for it to find the connection again. Seems to be worse when using Skype. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-connection-disconnects-for-no-reason.650653/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I am having a problem that when I connect to a VPN for work it disconnects my internet connection and I need to reboot the machine to the internet back again. I have tired to create a new VPN but the same thing happens, anyone out there that can help

A:VPN disconnects internet connection

You should probably contact helpdesk at work and get them to check your settings first. VPN connections are relatively complex, especially if you're using a non-default VPN client (something not built into Vista by default).

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/220214-vpn-disconnects-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 50.74%

This has been going on for about a year now. I have no trouble connecting to my wireless internet at home, but when i do, my housemates all get booted and have to sign back on. Wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't so into Warcraft.

John

Relevancy 50.74%

i have a bufflo router whr-G300N that i bought atleast 2 yrs ago maybe longer. it was working fine until i had a dns error a couple of weeks ago. I dont have that error anymore but now im geting disconted from my ps3,3ds an other systems how can i fix this problem. also how can i get the WEP setting back right now im on the WPA-PSK setting which is not working to well. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wifi-connection-disconnects.1006821/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a desktop in the basement of my house and we use a wireless internet connection. It worked fine forever, but then one night the power went out and now it disconnects all the time. I have no idea about computers what so ever. I know we have a modem that connects to a router and then theres little thing by the computer with 2 lights on it and when the lights go out the internet shuts off, it says d-link on that thing. And the computer is a dell. But I have no clue where to begin so if someone could give me some advice in like baby computer talk that'd be greatly appriciated

Relevancy 50.74%

I have three computers in the same network.
One with wired ethernet, (notebook) with 802.11g, desktop with 802.11g. I have a WRT54G linksys router.
The laptop seems to "forget" its settings, and i have to reset, renew, and enable etc..... each time it starts up. It is running windows ME. Recently, both PCs on the WLAN reported "Not able to associate with access point". I did a hard reset on the cable modem and router. The laptop reported "connected to access point, but internet access could not be found", but the internet did work. On the other PC, i noticed that the laptop would only work if the PC had an automatically configured IP address. Now, finally after a lot of guesswork, and a lot of time, both PCs work. But I am sure after I restart the laptop, it will lose connection again...
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Relevancy 50.31%

This may be the same issue as "Unable to browse websites, but can still ping." My laptop is new (Vaio - Windows Vista Home Premium) with nothing extra installed on it yet. If I connect to our linksys wirelessly I can then browse for a while, but ultimatly web pages will stop loading (or refreshing). "A while" can be anywhere from 10 minutes to 3 hours. When the "lockup" occurs the diagnostics cant find anything particularly wrong. Everything looks normal in the "Control Panel/Network and Internet/Network and Sharing Center." If I wait in this state long enough the router <-> internet link eventually "breaks." Either way (wait or not) if I disconnect and reconnect to the network I am up and running again ... for 10 minutes to 3 hours. Reconnecting once per evening is a minor irritation. Every 10 minutes is unusable.

Any thoughs

A:wireless connection (sort of) disconnects

This might be out on a limb here....need to know a little more about your network configuration. My initial suggestion would be to connect your pc with a cable to the router and perform windows updates. Originally I've found network related issues with Vista and after a few updates the problems were resolved.
And I'm sorry...I don't run a vista machine...I've worked on plenty...but I couldn't tell you from the top of my head where the windows update feature is located...maybe start icon...all programs still...
But try the updates and repost with your network configuration...it would be helpful...
Numer of PC's
Internet Provider
Router Model

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-sort-of-disconnects.842755/
Relevancy 50.31%

This only started about 2 weeks ago- my internet connection used to be very fast. It is wireless and shares with 2 other computers. I noticed this when it started taking about 5 minutes for me to connect to Starcraft 2 and then when the internet would have to reconnect to my network. What could all of a sudden cause my internet to be so slow?

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Latitude D running on Windows XP I generally use Intel ProSet Wirless but I have also tried to use the basic internet management which Windows provides and it doesn t seem to be doing any good My internet repeatedly disconnects and reconnects Having divorced parents I switch between houses Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects on a regular basis and the problem is exactly the same at both houses If I move my computer it s a laptop a foot or so out of place it usually reconnects but occasionally that is not the case In one house I use my computer directly below where the linksys box is located in the other it s just across the hall Regardless of where in the house I am located though even right next to the linksys box the internet continues to disconnect It will occasionally disconnect for twenty or thirty minutes at a time either being unable to connect to the network for more than few seconds or simply not quot seeing quot the network Other computers in the house work totally fine be they desktop or laptop and I am entirely at a loss for what to do I have tired restarting my computer multiple times this problem has been going on for Wireless Connection Repeatedly Disconnects about two weeks and I ve tired disconnecting both the linksys and the Comcast boxes If anyone has input it d be great I m getting terribly fed up nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

The last few weeks, if I am reading an article on yahoo that takes longer than two minutes, or click to read e-mail, then try to click back to Yahoo, or any of my favorites, the computer takes no action after it says "connecting to whatever" and locks up. Trying to go elsewhere, nothing will appear on the page but the "connecting to" at the bottom. Usually a restart is the only thing that will get it functioning again.Before this started, I made the mistake of trying IE 8. It slowed the computer to a crawl, so I removed it using Revo, and reinstalled the previous one, which seems to work except for this disconnect.
Windows home premium
Gateway gt 5438 computer
Intel Core Duo process E4300
Memory Dual channel 2048 MB DDR2
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
Nosmiley

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233567/internet-connection-locks-up-or-disconnects/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
In the last 4-8 weeks i have noticed a trend that when any laptop detects a Network connection or disconnection it automatically launches the MSN home page on the browser
We have out local intranet set to home page. and MSN is popping up instead intermittently
Ive noticed this since we last updated our end users via WSUS.
We are all mostly running windows 8.1 x64.
To no success we have attempted this below:
Modify this registry key to 0
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NlaSvc\Parameters\Internet\EnableActiveProbing
But it still reoccurs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Dan

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dfa44378-861d-4306-b8a7-648d46ccd3c9/msn-pop-up-when-network-connection-connectsdisconnects?forum=w8itpronetworking
Relevancy 50.31%

Basically I've been having some issues with my internet connection, which strangely seem to occur when I'm viewing YouTube videos.

Each time I watch a video it works fine for a few minutes, then suddenly my internet connection drops. The status on my laptop still says "Connected" but I'm unable to load any pages, on any browser. The only way I'm able to get my internet connection back is to restart the computer.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3000 @ 1.80GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2999 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1308 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228472 MB, Free - 148529 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, JV50_MV
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2013, Updated and Enabled

A:YouTube disconnects my Internet Connection

Run ths dns benchmark tool.
https://namebench.googlecode.com/files/namebench-1.3.1-Windows.exe

Untick ipv6
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728869

Remove tunnel adapters from your machine.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9728872

Remove AVG
http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Install Avast.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/

Disable un needed start up items then reboot.
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/startuplite/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/youtube-disconnects-my-internet-connection.1099259/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've just successful LAN RDP Wireless connection after disconnects seen a few threads about similar problems but nothing precisely the same and nothing I've found solves my issue I've got a laptop Toshiba Satellite running Windows Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection Professional -bit I'm trying to connect to the laptop from another machine via RDP but the connection dies every time This is what happens I log into the laptop which then connects to the wireless network I initiate the RDP connection from the other machine The connection is successfully made I see the quot Welcome quot window then the Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection RDP screen goes black At the same time just as the screen goes back on the RDP client the screen on my laptop locks goes back to the login screen and the network monitor icon quot Toshiba Wireless LAN Indicator quot shows that the wireless connection is down - no network connection available After a few seconds to I get a message on the client that the connection couldn't be made From this I'm gathering that my firewall is set up to allow incoming connections properly I also verified this manually and I can see that the initial connection is being made My best guess is that the wireless connection is being killed when the RDP session is started Is there a way to prevent the network connection from being reset or whatever's happening when connecting via RDP I've noticed that my laptop doesn't connect to wifi until after I've logged in Is this the likely culprit If so is there a way to change this so the computer will connect to the wireless network before I've actually logged in For what it's worth I get the same behavior regardless of the client machine being used Win Enterprise Win Home Premium Linux etc Any help would be greatly appreciated -Peter

A:Wireless LAN disconnects just after successful RDP connection

Murphy's Law is alive and well. Not even an hour after posting this thread I found the answer myself. The issue was that my network connection was set to be available to myself only. Apparently this is the default setting, so I deleted and manually recreated the network connection so it's now available to all users and my RDP connection is just fine!

To give credit where credit is due, here's where I found the answer:

Wireless before Login

Hopefully this will help someone else in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251201-wireless-lan-disconnects-just-after-successful-rdp-connection.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I own a notebook.
i have this problem that my wifi connection just disconnects shows a small X on the down right side.
just like that randomly.
and it wont reconnect, only when i restart my computer it works again.
it happens like 10 minutes after i boot my PC.
what can i do to prevent it ?
tried formatting already

A:Wi-Fi connection just randomly disconnects on my netbook

Try changing Wi-Fi channel on your router homepage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/200842-wi-fi-connection-just-randomly-disconnects-my-netbook.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I am having a big problem with my internet connection. I connect to the internet through a VPN connection to my university. However, each time I see a video on youtube (or elsewhere), listen streamed music or even talk using Skype, my internet connection disconnects immediately.

I have had this problem with Windows Vista, and now that I have installed Windows 7 the problem is still the same.

So for every kind of streaming my internet connection (through VPN) almost immediately disconnects.

Any hints about this ?

Thanks

A:Internet Connection disconnects when streaming (VPN)

did you contact your university help desk? Its possible they have it set to only allow certain types of traffic to pass. Another thing is dropped packets. If you drop too many packet its possible the vpn will drop and since streaming might be using potentially large amounts of bandwidth...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-streaming-vpn.916340/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have Vista home premium on my desktop PC and connect to a D-Link DSL-G604T modem router using a Linksys wireless-g PCI adapter. Some of the time, the PC will connect to the network but if it does, it usually drops out after 5 minutes and then I can't connect again. I get many different error messages each time:

Your modem or router is not available
Cannot communicate with DNS server (10.1.1.1)
There might be a problem with one or more network adapters on this computer
Windows has confirmed that this computer is currently experiencing a network connectivity problem
Connection Interupted
There has been an IP address conflict

My laptop can connect to to the modem fine and doesn't drop out when connected and there connection strength is very good from my desktop when it is connected.

Thanks in advance,
Kieren

A:Wireless connection on desktop PC always disconnects

Hello kieren1992,

Welcome to Vista Forums.

I would suggest you re-install the driver for your wireless adapter.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/277902-wireless-connection-desktop-pc-always-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi everyone i ve called my cable cable disconnect aol too from my i disconnects connection if provider and if i disconnect from aol my cable connection disconnects too aol and they have been no help so you all are my only hope and i humbly ask for your help i ve had cable internet for about a year used in conjunction with aol vr with no problem able to pop on amp off aol whenever and it never interfered with my open internet explorer sessions or downloads recently i realized that if i sign off aol while i ve been externally downloading a file the download cuts off pages are loading blank a lot and when i mouse over the connectivity icon down by my system clock in the past there s only ever been one connection there now there are two if i disconnect from aol my cable connection disconnects too and sometimes there is the caution symbol the yellow triangle with exclamation point and they are titled quot network quot and that one is a private network and the second is titled quot the internet quot with a number next to it that goes up each time i sign on to aol like quot the internet quot and next time quot the internet quot and this one is a public network the number is up to right now and i m thinking with my luck it s some kind of virus that d k o my computer when it gets to a certain number i don t know if it makes any difference but i wanted to mention i do have an older version of aol and that version is also keeping its own respective number count i dont know if this means anything but i found my way into the network and sharing center and from there i clicked on quot view status quot for the suspect quot the internet quot connection and then clicked quot properties quot and it did show a red x next to quot removed wan miniport atw irda - quot if that matters at all at first i thought it was a virus malware and or like someone was hacking my connection - and avg said i had a trojan but i ve since run several scanners including avast avira malwarebytes and combofix and i ve had a thread open in the malware section but so far we can t find any further evidence of a virus i ve wracked my brain and i think this may have started after i took my laptop on a trip with me and had to connect over someone else s network i called my cable provider and the man on the phone talked to me like i was silly for thinking it could be a problem with the settings and told me to call aol i called aol and the man told me to clear my computer s cookies - and that s it then he says - ta-dahhhhh that there could be a problem with my settings i wanted to talk to people who know about this and not go and mess with things i m sorry i wrote so much thank you to anyone who read through this i hope someone can help me and i m so grateful for the people who give of their time and of themselves to help others like me on this site thank you so much xoxo princi nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that's about 6 years old and recently I have been experiencing a problem where my internet connection will randomly disconnect. It almost always can be brought back by unplugging and reconnecting the ethernet cable in the back of my computer, or by unplugging it from the wall and reconnecting it. (Since my computer is on the second floor and the router and the modem are on the 1st floor, we run the cable from the router through the wall and to the 2nd floor). It also can be resolved by resetting the modem and router.

Anyway, I have had this problem a few times before, but they seemed to just go away, but it has resurfaced once again. Does anybody have any ideas of what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 50.31%

Whenever I attempt to download anything to my laptop i e software patches ipod updates music YouTube videos other types of videos etc my wireless connection disconnects Eventually my computer will reconnect to the internet I ve successfully downloaded those same things to my other laptop and to my ipod I m sorry that this description is not that detailed but I m not really sure what is going on TIA DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Disconnects Connection Wireless Unintentionally Run by Anthony at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system XConfig exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center BkBackupScheduler exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center Bkapcs exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS system RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system pctspk exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS System DSentry exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Belkin Belkin USB Print and Storage Center connect exe C Program Files Belkin Router Setup and Monitor BelkinSetup exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by MSN amp Bing uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO d e b - ce- b-be b-a b e - c progra search SEARCH DLL BHO - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll TB F BE - C B- - C-CDCB CD A - No File TB AIM Search d a b-d b- d - a - ee f c - c program files aim toolbar AIMBar dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File EB amp Discuss bdeade f-c - d -bced- a c ab f - shdocvw dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun MSMSGS quot c program files messenger msmsgs exe quot background uRun Google Update quot c documents and settings anthony local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot c mRun PCTVOICE pctspk exe mRun Apoint c program files apoint Apoint exe mRun DVDSentry c windows system DSentry exe mRun AdaptecDirectCD quot c program files roxio easy cd creator directcd DirectCD exe quot mRun DwlClient c program files common files dell eusw Support exe mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer KHALMNPR EXE mRun Dell QuickSet c program files dell quickset Quickset exe mRun ZCfgSvc exe c windows system ZCfgSvc exe mRun PRONoMgr exe c program files intel ncs proset PRONoMgr exe mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun MSKDetectorExe c program files mcafee spamkiller MSKDetct exe uninstall mRun InstaLAN quot c program files belkin router setup and monitor BelkinRouterMonitor exe quot startup mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime QTTask exe quot -atboottime mRun iTunesHelp... Read more

A:Wireless Connection Disconnects Unintentionally

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423393/wireless-connection-disconnects-unintentionally/
Relevancy 50.31%

Long time with this issue and very frustrated My laptop is a Dell XPS running Windows -bit I just upgraded from Windows hoping that would solve my issue but it did not I even re-imaged my PC and the issue remained so I think it must be hardware related right My problem is that my ethernet connection via the USB gigabit adapter randomly disconnects The only way to re-establish the connection is to reboot When Ethernet 3.0 disconnects connection USB on randomly I reboot it takes about minutes before my login screen appears and I can get back to work I have worked with Dell Premium support and they have not been able to find the cause I have updated all my drivers multiple times I have tried adapters with different chip sets and the issue remains I have tried disconnecting my USB Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects devices and only use the ethernet adapter and the issue remains I have tried disabling suspecting plug-ins and add-ins and can't find anything that resolves the issue I have tried using the event log to trace what may be happening and can't find anything useful I'm not totally clear on what to look for however Can anyone offer some guidance on how to troubleshoot this issue more effectively

A:Ethernet connection on USB 3.0 randomly disconnects

Have you changed the Ethernet cable and/or used a different Jack/Port to the switch or router?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/44374-ethernet-connection-usb-3-0-randomly-disconnects.html
Relevancy 50.31%

PC, DSL broadband connection disconnects only when I shut down the pc. I have to go to Network & Sharing, change adapter settings with each start up. And yes, there is a little circle with a green check mark in it. WAN Minipost (PPOE)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-disconnects-when-shut-down.1002639/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi Since i have my computer years i had a problem with shared directories we have more computers at home that are working on a WLAN and only i have a problem with accessing directories connection suddenly Wireless disconnects I called up one of my friends who was told to be a Wireless connection suddenly disconnects network technician but after he tried to do something he couldn t help and the problem remained as it was but after he left the connection keeps randomaly disconnect and it is very annoying I asked him to redo his actions but he said that he doesn t remember what he did so i am asking here for help The sharing is the minor problem the disconnection is the main problem which i would Wireless connection suddenly disconnects like to solve first I have WIN XP and i use a com router I have to say that before he tried to fix my problem i had always a RaLink Wireless icon at the bottom right corner system tray and after he did whatever he did it is not there anymore Please help i am here to answer any question that you need to help me Thank you Eyal nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 49.88%

My friend has a DSL connection and about 90% of the time when he gets a phone call he gets droped from Xbox Live and he can't load web pages and his DL's stop. He is set up wirelessly however he changed the frequency's to make sure there were no interferences with cordless phones in the house. Is there anyway to fix this?

A:DSL connection disconnects when phones calls are recived

This is a classic case of improperly filtered DSL lines. You may have to change the wiring to the DSL modem and reconfigure the filters.

The way I install DSL is to run a home-run of twisted-pair (I use CAT-5 since I have it) directly from the telco service entrance to the DSL modem. I then split off the telephone circuit and install a single filter for the whole telephone side of the circuit. This avoids shipping the DSL all around the lousy telephone wiring, as well as the issues with multiple filters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dsl-connection-disconnects-when-phones-calls-are-recived.354532/
Relevancy 49.88%

I saw reconnect Wireless IP. network get won't connection and disconnects, this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums t wireless-connection-stuck-on-acquiring-network-addressforever First I Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP. want to say that I don't think there was ever a malware problem on this machine a Lenovo R It worked ok for a long time but a year or so ago it started disconnecting from the wireless network It would say connected and acquiring network address but it never completed I did a network tcp ip reset on it that didn't change anything I got another identical wifi bluetooth card and changed it no difference A few days ago it was working then stopped with the acquiring network address and as a test I gave it a static IP on the local network and it connected It worked until I shut down Today I booted up same static IP configured and it worked OK for about an hour Then it stopped working and said acquiring network address even though it had a static number configured I checked Very odd So something is amiss here More than meets the eye I started reading threads including the one I referenced above I compared some of the regedits that were recommended then but nothing really stood out I did notice that even though the Remote Procedure Call RPC Service is marked as started and automatic the start stop buttons are grayed I could not determine for sure that it's running or not but I admit I don't know that it needs to be running Admittedly this is an odd one It could be a hardware problem on the motherboard but I can't find any evidence of that Any ideas

A:Wireless network connection disconnects, won't reconnect and get IP.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569816/wireless-network-connection-disconnects-wont-reconnect-and-get-ip/
Relevancy 49.88%

hi to everyone. my asus laptop model is N53S and its been disconnecting the wifi connection about 3 month. i dont think the problem is from router because all other devices like android phones and laptops are connected and working properly. my laptop used to disconnect every time that it was hit or i moved it.but now it is disconnected randomly about 5 or 6 times a day even if i dont move it. when its disconnected sometimes the red cross or a yellow triangle appears on the wifi connection and windows functions so slowly and noises starts everytime i try to hear anything. i have tried re installing the wireless adapter in the device manager but it havent been fixed. do you think the wireless adapter should be replaced? what is its problem?

Relevancy 49.88%

Setup Laptop is a Dell Inspiron couple of after a connection Wireless disconnects seconds E from the router is a Linksys WRT N and the modem is a Motorola SB SURFboard Problem I moved into a new place and I cannot connect to their wireless system Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds After calling the internet provider and router Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds company I can now connect via LAN just fine and to the wireless connection for only a couple seconds before it kicks me off and it does not reconnect Everyone else can connect so there is nothing wrong with the modem or router Note a There is a cordless phone and I have no idea what channel it is on b I have AVG s free virus scanner and malwarebytes c I can connect to other wifi hotspot d I am sitting underneath the router with full signal strength e WPA f I do not have the username and password for the router I have done the following to no avail Turned off the modem and router for a couple of minutes Disable the firewall ipconfig flushdns ipconfig registerdns ipconfig release ipconfig renew netsh int ip reset reset log netsh winsock reset catalog Manually typed in the IP DNS Turned the IP DNS back to auto Removed the network from the preferred list and added it in again Here is all the info you may need LAN Connected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Friday August AM Lease Expires Saturday August AM Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Wireless disconnected ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name home- ec Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Broadcom x Integrated Cont roller Physical Address - -C - D- -BD Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Intel R PRO Wireless ABG Networ k Connection Physical Address - - -A - -AE Ping Tests connected with LAN Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Thanks Please let me know if you need more info nbsp

A:Wireless connection disconnects after a couple of seconds

Does the router belong to you or to the place you moved into? It mite be some form of mac filtering on the router itself, which prevents devices from connecting to the router without permission

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-disconnects-after-a-couple-of-seconds.1063610/
Relevancy 49.88%

The problem Randomly or Connection Internet Resets Disconnects is that my internet connection either randomly loses connection for about - seconds until it gets back online Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets or disconnects all together When it disconnects and it can t get back online on it s own I have to pull the power plug and plug it back in My sister in law Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets and I are sharing internet since our houses are about feet between each other We are using one modem and two routers All we did was just plug the second router to the first router and it worked We didn t configure anything in the router control panels we basically just plugged and play Since it s been kicking us off or resetting on us I feel it might be something that we had to configure in the two routers But I don t know what to configure So if anyone knows a fix for this please help Here is our setup Primary House amp Modem amp Belkin Router we are wired and wireless amp ft cable LAN d on Belkin WAN d on Linksys amp Linksys Router sister in law is wired and wireless amp Secondary House nbsp

A:Internet Connection Randomly Disconnects or Resets

My sister in law and I are sharing internet since our houses are about 100 feet between each other.Click to expand...

if you look at your T&Cs you will find you are most likely NOT allowed to do this - most ISP have terms which state that you can only use the service in ONE premise

unless you can show us that the ISP will allow this, we cannot help you here , and I will close the post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-connection-randomly-disconnects-or-resets.995304/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have set up my personal laptop Macbook on a crossover connection with my laptop at work Windows XP My work laptop is connected to the company s network which doesn t allow personal computers to be connected to Since the work laptop s internal crossover on local Help! Frequent connection... disconnects NIC is connected to the network I have connected a USB to LAN adapter to the USB port and connect it with the NIC on my macbook via a crossover cable I set the work laptop IP as with subnet mask and the macbook IP as and same subnet mask The connection works fine and I am able to share files between them However very frustrating problem The crossover connection disconnects and reconnects frequently every - minutes Looking at the Windows XP event viewer there is a TCPIP event every time it happens Here is what the event looks like -- Product Windows Operating System ID Source Tcpip Version Symbolic Name EVENT TCPIP MEDIA CONNECT Message The system detected that network adapter was connected to the network and has initiated normal operation over the network adapter Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection... -- This would be a normal event if it didn t happen so often indicating my connection has recovered from a disconnect I thought it might be the USB to LAN adaptor malfunctioning so I replaced it with another one no luck I thought it might be the crossover cable so I tested it between macs with a gigabit connection and pinged continuously for about and hour but got packet loss Both comps are up to date with updates and drivers as far as I can tell I tried forcing various transfer speeds including full amp half duplex modes no luck I should also mention that Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection... the USB to LAN adaptor is not gigabit but rather The Macbook s NIC is gigabit and the crossover cable is CAT e which supports a gigabit connection but is forced to transfer at baseTX either automatically or manually to accommodate the other NIC s speed I m not sure if this is part of the problem but thought it might be worth mentioning If anyone has any insight into this issue please lend me your wisdom Also let me know if I should provide device details or logs Thanks nbsp

A:Help! Frequent disconnects on local crossover connection...

The key statement here.
My work laptop is connected to the company&#8217;s network which doesn&#8217;t allow personal computers to be connected to.Click to expand...

We don't assist in bypassing company network restrictions, please refer to the TSG Rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-frequent-disconnects-on-local-crossover-connection.912650/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

I've been having a heck of a time with my internet. One moment it's working fine, the next second it wont load anything and my netflix (running off PS3) wont load the show I'm watch etc. It stays like that for a few minutes and then starts working again.

The whole time the modem says its connected and my computer says it has internet connection.

Much appreciative for any and all help!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/128032-internet-connection-issues-spontanious-disconnects.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone As the title suggest the household loses internet connection everyone few hours or so The disconnect usually lasts less than a minute and the computers smartphones automatically reconnect afterwards When the connection fails it seems to fail for Internet Wireless Disconnects Connection Intermittently all devices simultaneously This problem has been going on for a very long time and I finally decided to try and see if the cause can be uncovered Any help will be greatly appreciated Windows IP Configuration Host Name FINN Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - D-A - E- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe f c cdd Preferred Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday November PM Lease Expires Thursday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -BB-EF-BD- C- - E- - C- DNS Servers feed feed NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address C- - E- - -DB DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F C B-B - D- DAD-AAFFB B B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d abd e e Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe e e Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface A BA - - C- C F- DEACD C D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BC - BE - F - EF- E A B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A CB - F E- AA- EE- DB D B Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Click to expand nbsp

A:Wireless Internet Connection Disconnects Intermittently

The ipconfig /all shows an apparently good connection to a wireless router or access point.

When these disconnects happen do the devices maintain communication with the router and with each other?

What do the LEDs on the router tell you?

Do you have a separate modem? If so, what do its LEDs tell you?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-internet-connection-disconnects-intermittently.1138620/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a Belkin G MIMO Router F D - connected to a Linksys AM Was suppose to Connection Solved: Frequently Internet Disconnects buy a Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects G MIMO with built in modem My ISP is TalkTalk Broadband Meg The router connects PCs on network Basically everyone loses connection frequently and they are starting to get annoyed All the PCs do not uses Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects static IP addresses Im not very good at Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects setting up routers and modems correctly and would like some help These are the reasosn I believe im gettign disconnected frequently Power Supply - Original power supply will not work worked once then all lights went off Using a Multi-Volt adaptor on the Belkin router output reads V A The multi-volt adaptor is selected at V which is the minimum and says this is A max is this incorrect and can it cause the dilemma im having All the lights are on and blink stay solid as they should Mixed Cards - Although the router is MIMO computer has a G card computers have a G card and the other computer uses an ethernet cable The ethernet card is built in and is Mbps Am thinking of upgrading so all are G and the same cards Have been told its bad to mix cards Bad Setup - I currently have the router set at PPPoE and same with the modem However I have other setups and am not sure I have the correct one Isn t bridge mode what I need The router s setups are Dynamic Static PPPoE PPTP and Telstra BigPond The modem s setups are PPPoE PPPoE Bridged Mode Half Bridge Not sure which one to use and how to configure correctly Modulation Type - I have been told the higher the speed the lower the stabilty I currently have the speed set at the highest so im not sure if this is the reason The types are ITU G G DMT ITU G G Lite ITU G G DMT bis ITU G ADSL my current one Static IPs - Are static IPs more stable and overall better or no difference All my IPs are automatically and sometimes i recieve the error IP conflict on the ethernet PC These are my thoughts on what the problem could be Any help is much appreicated Thanks for looking nbsp

A:Solved: Internet Connection Frequently Disconnects

1. Personally I wouldn't operate any electronic device, certainly not a new one, without the proper power supply. Surely there is a long enough warranty to get that power supply replaced.

2. Try just using standard 802.11g until you get the problems ironed out. Then you can introduce MIMO and see if it improves or hurts.

3. If the AM200 modem/router is operating as a modem and router then the Belkin should be connecting with a dynamic connection. If the AM200 is bridged or whatever the term is to say that it is acting as a modem only then the Belkin router's connection must be whatever your ISP requires.

4. Don't know.

5. No difference, except that dynamic (automatic) are far more convenient.

Beyond the first 3 items you've identified (which you should take care of first), sometimes a router firmware upgrade and then reset it to factory default settings and reconfigure will help disconnect problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-internet-connection-frequently-disconnects.732590/
Relevancy 49.45%

I can't seem to skype or video chat of any sort (ie: aim video chat, facebook video chat, etc.) on my computer. Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim/facebook, it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone. I don't know what could be wrong. Using the same wireless internet, my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks. It seems like my computer is the only one that can't video chat. Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card. I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows 7. Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N? In addition to this problem, my internet loves to disconnect randomly too...this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router (model WRT160N V3) and Speedstream 5100 modem.

Please help! Thanx!

Relevancy 49.45%

please help me i am in a big problem I have lost my cell phone and i dont have money to buy another and i have to contact a person soon its very important and internet is the only way now I am Using WIndows Ultimate bits The Problem Is When i Start my Pc My Manufacturer Logo Comes quot Powered by ASUS quot after that My After Blinking Internet and Connection Stops Card W Disconnects LAN Windows Loading Comes From the Backside My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W of Pc I Can see the Wire into Lan Card and the green light is Blinking Just after windows loading is finished The Lan Card Stops Blinking and After i put my password and login into my Account I see the Red Cross on Internet Connection and its Disconnected My Windows was working fine from the Last Months I Dont know what suddenly has happened Please Do not say me to check my Drivers or my wire lan card etc Ive Confirmed that the Internet Connection is Enabled from my Internet Service Provider Ive Checked my LAN Card By using Another External One quot Still the Same Problem quot Ive Checked my Wire by using it on Friend's Pc Wire is working fine Ive Re-Installed the windows After Re-installing the Windows Internet Works Fine But Just after Restarting Windows The Same Problem Comes Ive Performed the full pc scan for Spywares Malewares Trojans and Viruses but nothing worked Please Help meeee Please Help me i urgently need Internet

A:My Internet Connection Disconnects and LAN Card Stops Blinking After W

This may or may not help but doesn't take long and it's free.
Go to Internet Options
Connections
Lan settings
Make sure Proxy is not checked.
Take a look at this. Could help.
SF IE Restorator - Troubleshooting General Issues with IE

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251923-my-internet-connection-disconnects-lan-card-stops-blinking-after-w.html
Relevancy 49.45%
Relevancy 49.45%

I can t seem to skype or video chat of any sort ie aim Video chatting connection disconnects Internet and fails video chat facebook video chat etc on my computer Whenever I start skype or try to start a video chat on aim facebook it fails and my internet disconnects for everyone I don t know what could be wrong Using the same wireless internet my friends are able to video chat on their macbooks It seems like my computer is the only one that can t video chat Video chatting works when I use a sprint internet card I have a sony vaio laptop running on windows Our router in our apartment at school is a D-link wireless N In addition to this problem my internet loves to disconnect randomly too this problem also persists at home with my Cisco Linksys router model WRT N V and Speedstream modem please help Thanx O so i think i may have isolated the issue with skype failing and my random disconnections when i disable my norton symantec antivirus i don t get disconnected and my Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection skype works however that would mean I would be defenseless if i had no antivirus does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how I would be able to tweak the settings of norton or anything else that I may fix so that everything still works with my norton still enabled nbsp

A:Video chatting fails and disconnects Internet connection

Remove Norton entirely and go for a free antivirus program like Microsoft Security Essentials. Google for it, or it is available using Windows Update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-chatting-fails-and-disconnects-internet-connection.170013/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have my PC and PS3 wired to a netgear router and a laptop connected wirelessly.

The laptop for some reason loses it's connection randomly and loses it's connection in 2 minute to 20 minute intervals. I sometimes have to manually reconnect to my router by searching for it and reconnecting in the Network and Sharing Center.

No idea why it's started happening now, I reset the router to factory settings recently because of the same problem a couple of days ago and it's still happening. The PC and PS3 work fine, just the wireless keeps dropping. Using Vista and I don't think it's the laptop as it can constantly see my neighbours connections, only my router is occasionally disappearing.

Any help is much appreciated.

A:Solved: Wireless connection randomly disconnects 2-20 minute intervals.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-connection-randomly-disconnects-2-20-minute-intervals.819203/
Relevancy 48.59%

I m not overly tech savvy so please consider that when responding I have one desktop PC my router Belkin remote connection disconnects desktop N150 at home Windows XP and have a Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection Time Warner wired modem for internet I work from home and connect to my office computer through Remote Desktop Connection I purchased a Roku video streaming player and bought a Belkin N wireless router in order to get the Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection signal from my desktop computer out to the living area where the Roku is located The connection with the Roku is perfect Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection However my remote desktop connection now disconnects constantly and internet browsing on the local computer is very slow and choppy The configuration I used is Belkin ethernet wire from Belkin to back of modem modem ethernet wire from Belkin to computer If I remove the Belkin and put everything back the way it was all is fine but of course we then have no Roku I can t imagine that I should have to disconnect the Belkin for me to access my office computer without issues which in turn prevents those in the living area from using the Roku I have spoken to Belkin s customer support they had me change settings different times Bottom line is Belkin s CS is script oriented and they have no clue otherwise Any thoughts from this forum would be most welcome Thanks so much nbsp

A:Belkin N150 router disconnects my remote desktop connection

Make sure you have the latest router firmware; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. (If you already have done both of these in this order you need not do them again.)

When you get a disconnect do the router (or modem) LEDs give any hint of whether the disconnect is between modem and router or between router and computer?

Consider that either of the ethernet cables may be defective.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/belkin-n150-router-disconnects-my-remote-desktop-connection.1052455/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi folks nbsp I'm running support on a system that relies exclusively on the Remote Desktop Connection Terminal Services client nbsp We have a pool of around Windows Ultimate machines that our users access by RDP through a connection broker nbsp What we've been experiencing for a number of users in encryption Data Remote causing error disconnects Desktop Connection some not all is that the users will be disconnected after receiving an error message that reads quot Because of an error in data encryption this Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects session will end Please try reconnecting Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects quot nbsp Some users are experiencing this on every single connection attempt Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects and can't access the remote desktop at all Others will only see this after their session has been running for some time and are doing work on the remote desktop nbsp The users can be running any OS from XP to and even some users are on OSX nbsp I have no specific info on their home setups nbsp Now before you go running off to a search engine I've already spent several hours combing over random forum posts technet bulletins and more nbsp I've already eliminated the following as solutions The host machines do not have x certificates to delete in the registry The host machines do not have ethernet adapters whose drivers allow for TCP IP offloading I can't discount the possibility the users have their computers in a DMZ but many of them aren't that familiar with networking Most of the posts I've been reading are useless to me because they discuss connecting to an actual server that is generating this problem nbsp I also know the connection broker is a likely candidate and we're addressing that nbsp It also doesn't necessarily explain why some users are unable to connect at all nbsp I can tell you that some of these errors are caused when the remote desktop screen undergoes a very rapid refresh much like what you would get for holding a PageUp PageDown button in a large document or is trying to display a large image nbsp I'm hoping that someone here may have some insight into what specifically may be causing these errors or has suggestions on ways to control the hosts more thoroughly with what I already have nbsp So Any suggestions nbsp Thanks everyone

A:Data encryption error in Remote Desktop Connection causing disconnects

I think you are having problems with user running wireless internet at home.
Whoever is having the problem ask them if they can use cable connection instead.
Encryption doesn't play nice with unreliable internet connection.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/85a4626c-a7f9-4827-9ba6-85df634f29fe/data-encryption-error-in-remote-desktop-connection-causing-disconnects?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 47.3%

I bought a kind of nice refurbished Dell laptop. Every 3 or 4 minutes, that little message pops up again. Annoying. Everything else seems to work pretty well. Any solutions?
OS= XP
Thank you.

A:"Your wireless network connection is now connected" continuously

im going to guess u might have to uninstall and reinstall the wireless driver. it might be corrupted in some way.hope this helps u.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/your-wireless-network-connection-is-now-connected-continuously.883982/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I am new to hyjackthis and have discerned some of the problem files that were found in my exceedingly long list files found mixer) freeze connection (including sound Issue's: programs Internet Multiple disconnects, from hyjackthis scan I ve attempted to delete some of these files with Fix Checked and upon Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) a new scan some of the same files still remain My trial and error period with this program is over as clearly I will need a much more informed perspective in order to resolve these issues Here is my log please give me some advice on how to avoid a full system crash whenever you are able to Much appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files x Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer) NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x iBryte playbryte iBryteDesktop exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Windows SysWOW NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www youcansearch com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Browser Enhancer - ef bd - f - - f-f cdf eb - C Program Files x CAJ Media Browser Enhancer adxloader dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO WeCareReminder - D F DE- D - F - EB - ECD ABB - C ProgramData WeCareReminder IEHelperv dll file missing O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run SSDMonitor C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe O - HKLM Run SAOB Monitor C Program Files x Acronis OnlineBackupStandalone TrueImageMonitor exe O - HKLM Run TrueImageMonitor exe quot C Program Files x Acronis TrueImageHome TrueImageMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run NUSB MON quot C Program Files x NEC Electro... Read more

A:Multiple Issue's: Internet connection disconnects, programs freeze (including sound mixer)

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. [/b]If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/435698/multiple-issues-internet-connection-disconnects-programs-freeze-including-sound-mixer/
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok this is a little hard to explain I have been experiencing this problem for about weeks now My problem Solved: is connected "disconnects" after but Connection sometime is that under the Local Area Connection Status everything is working fine and I am able to access internet connections and all but after about mins - hour It will quot disconnects quot The thing is it seems that my Local Area Connection is still active but when I try to access the internet such as MSN Mozilla IE etc etc Everything just disconnects I have tried the quot Repair quot on the Local Area Connection but it is stuck on quot Renewing IP Address quot The only way to get back my connection was to disable it and Solved: Connection is connected but "disconnects" after sometime re-enable it or restart Note The Local Area Connection is still working even after everything such as msn or mozilla disconnects Here is my IPCONFIG ALL Windows IP Configuration Host Name ACER Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Unknown IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter EFB D E-B B - C- - D DBC Media State Media disconnected Description TAP VPN Adapter - Packet Scheduler M iniport Physical Address -FF-EF-B - D- E Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller Physical Address - - A-AF- - D Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers Lease Obtained Tuesday November AM Lease Expires Wednesday November AM I m running on Linksys Wireless-G WRT GS with Motorola SB SURFboard Windows XP SP Please try to keep it simple I m not really good with hardware software Thank you everyone for trying to help me If things start to get confusing I ll be asking my sister brother-in-law to assist me That will probably take a few days nbsp

Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Over the last weeks my computer s CPU has been working at - continuously with no apparent reason Only a couple of times it has worked normal According to TaskManager the files taking up the most CPU change all the time mozilla system I guess that as a result of the CPU activity the fan seems to be on all the time I have cleaned the startup files disfragmented the disk and CPU 100% at continuously. ran CPU at 100% continuously. adaware ccleaner spybot and malwarebytes with no results My antivirus is Norton but the full scan doesn t find anything As a last resort I have run CPU at 100% continuously. hijackthis and the log is as below Can anyone help My laptop ACER Aspire z is years old and I would hate to have to buy a new one now Thank you in advance for any advice Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet CPU at 100% continuously. Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Archivos de programa Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Archivos de programa Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Archivos de programa Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Archivos de programa Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Acer Empowering Technology admServ exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLServer exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel CLML NTService CLMLService exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Archivos de programa Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade Kernel TV CLSched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Archivos de programa Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Archivos de programa Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Acer Empowering Technology admtray exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Program Files Acer Acer Arcade PCMService exe C ARCHIV LAUNCH QtZgAcer EXE C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared ccApp exe C acer Empowering Technology ePower epm-dm exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery Monitor exe C Archivos de programa Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Archivos de programa Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Archivos de programa Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName V nculos R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Archivos de programa Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Archivos de programa Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c archivos de programa google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Archivos de programa Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C WINDOWS system eDStoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c archivos de programa google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Archivos de programa Archivos comunes Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKL... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-at-100-continuously.772305/
Relevancy 36.12%

hello, members ..please help me..thanks in advance
..my PC continuously on and off as soon as I switch on power button..but ..when I remove ram from it then it runs normally without switch on and off ..so please solve my problem

A:Pc get on and off ...continuously..so please help..

Sounds like faulty RAM or motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-get-on-and-off-continuously-so-please-help.1139725/
Relevancy 35.69%

I've noticed that the CPU on my Windows 8.1 desktop seems to have been continuously used up by 12%-15% by something named "COM Surrogate" (see screenshot attached.)

Is there any way to find out what that is? And maybe stop it?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72883-what-com-surrogate-why-continuously-using-cpu.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello After I unplugged everything with the old PC with XP and moved it to other side of the room and plugged everything except a different keyboard and new monitor I booted it up and it was fine A few days later I burned a folder on my CD and a day or two later I noticed the PC shutted down then restarted repeatedly I tried to get it back to where it was before that was fine but it keeps rebooting Finally I searched and found this problem I think It says that the system shuts down due to quot unmountable boot volume quot and the tech info is stop x ED x F C xC x x I unplugged the new keyboard and plugged the old keyboard but still have the Help reboots continuously XP please! - same rebooting problem Another thing I clicked for system recovery or restoration and saw the desktop and a window popped up for recovery something and after XP reboots continuously - Help please! I pressed quot OK quot to continue a small sign popped up saying quot The section IDA CREATE USER DRIVE U quot does not contain a valid template quot I hope you could help me and get this fixed - getting the PC back to normal and running again Thanks so much in advance

A:XP reboots continuously - Help please!

Sounds to me like you might have knocked something connected with one or more of your hard drives whilst moving the machine. I'd open the case and reseat all the HDD cabling to make sure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-reboots-continuously-help-please-243887.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi I have this PC from which i am Again MY Again PC Rebooting Continuously.. and making this thread This PC dont usually reboots on its own but when it does start rebooting MY PC Rebooting Again and Again Continuously.. it continously start rebooting and go crazy with it i mean when it starts rebooting it will even shutdown when even windows is not started you cant even go to bios settings it just gets crazy and reboots again and again and windows is like never gonna start But then it stops rebooting at some point and computer works perfectly fine I know it seems crazy but i cant figure out the problem I have even checked the event log but it dosent show anything specific that what is wrong with it only tells it restarted without a proper shutdown Code The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly i have core i processor and dx so model motherboard GB ram GB Nvidia Gfx card Watt PowerSupply and i have also updated the Bios incase if it is a Bios Problem but problem still persists i have installed the MY PC Rebooting Again and Again Continuously.. last latest bios for this mobo of intel i don't understand Please can anyone tell me how can i find that why this rebooting is occuring I am Attaching Screenshots Please Review it Regards Syed Haider Hassan

A:MY PC Rebooting Again and Again Continuously..

oh i have also installed this software HWINFO64
which gives most of PC info.

In this software i noticed something unusual, i mean somtimes the MHz is 1621 and sometimes it is 3378 ??

Ratio is sometimes x12 and sometimes goes to x25??

it happens to all 6 cores and coniuous changing the clock MHz and Ratio..
is my system going crazy or what??

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336684-my-pc-rebooting-again-again-continuously.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Okay all here s the deal or mess continuously Reboots enough XP VM) (not My desktop suddenly began automatically rebooting at XP Reboots continuously (not enough VM) startup just after Windows XP initialized leaving me only with a VERY short error message about the lack of virtual memory I tried many things such as moving the hard drive to another desktop shell and booting up from there no change meaning no power supply or mem disk problem running a Windows Repair no luck deleting pagefile sys file still no change moving the memory stick to another slot you guessed it nothing and finally reloading the entire OS success Of course that came at the cost of losing everything on the HD it was not a heavily used system so no major loss there Because I only had a WinXP upgrade disc I had to first load WinME first and then the upgrade but it works fine now What I d LIKE to know is this any thoughts on what I COULD have done to repair the OS without taking such a drastic and timely measure I m just curious because I now know without a doubt that something was corrupt in the OS but I couldn t find it Any thoughts folks R nbsp

A:XP Reboots continuously (not enough VM)

Which Windows repair did you run? There are two, each at different stages of the windows install routine. The second repair option replaces all the crucial windows files and reboots - trouble is that whilst it works most of the time you have no idea what the problem was that just got fixed!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-reboots-continuously-not-enough-vm.91799/
Relevancy 35.69%

I want to continuously record files on my portable USB memory device. Normally when the memory device fills up the recording stops. How can I get the old files on the memory device to delete automatically so it can make space for new files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/recording-continuously.1167329/
Relevancy 35.69%

At this point my PC is continuously rebooting just when the Windows XP screen appears I can t boot to safe mode in any fashion or any mode This started after I re-installed the OS Prior to this re-installation my PC started to behave erratically Repeated error messages for my anti-virus software extremely slow processing of other programs and other out XP continuously reboots of the norm issues So after trying to correct this unsuccessfully via updating my anti-virus spyware adware and so on I did a fresh re-install of my OS As mentioned previously However that didn t seem to solve any of the problems so I tried to refresh the BIOS Still the same issues So I used Active Kill Disk to wipe the HD to zeros and did another fresh install of the OS This time my OS just keeps rebooting restarting shortly XP reboots continuously after the splash screen just when the Windows XP logo appears I ve tried a few things to correct the lasted problem but nothing has worked I tried booting from the installation disc and doing a reg repair to the system First CHKDSK BOOTCFG FIXBOOT and FIXMBR Second a system fix with the kernel dll And now I m not sure Any assistance in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:XP reboots continuously

Time to run the appropriate hard drive diagnostic, I would think.

Free Hard Drive Testing Tools - Hard Drive Diagnostics - http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/tophddiag.htm

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381161/xp-reboots-continuously/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello First off I'll link my specs CD LG X and Powers Off on Continuously PC Internal Blu-ray Burner BD-RE D Playback DVD RW Combo Drive Black Color COOLANT Standard Coolant CPU Intel R Core i - PC Powers on and Off Continuously K GHz MB Intel Smart Cache LGA All Venom OC Certified - CS FAN Maximum MM Color Case Cooling Fans for your selected case Blue Color PC Powers on and Off Continuously FAN Corsair Hydro H i GTX mm Liquid CPU Cooling System w Copper Cold Plate - Extreme Cooling Performance x Standard MM Fans HDD GB SANDISK SSD TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo Combo Drive MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory ADATA XPG V MOPAD None MOTHERBOARD MSI Z S SLI Krait Edition ATX w GIGABit LAN PCIe x PCIe x x M x SATA GB s All Venom OC Certified - MOUSE AZZA Optical dpi Gaming Mouse with Weight Adjustable Cartridge NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network NFC None OS Windows -bit Edition POWERSUPPLY Watts - Standard Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI CrossFireX Ready Video GTX So today as I was playing a steam game and my computer blue screened giving me an error message that said something about a thread didn't catch the entire error message The computer automatically restarted and it proceeded to try and identify the problem When it couldn't it left me with many options and I chose to just start windows as normal After a few minutes my computer just shut off this time with a black screen When I powered it back on after just a few seconds it would turn off The fans lights and everything would turn on for those brief two or three seconds and then they would turn off It would continue to do this until I unplugged the computer or flipped the power switch on the back This PC was obviously bought from Cyberpowerpc and it didn't come with a windows disk so I'm not sure where to go from here Any comments or thoughts are appreciated Thanks for the help in advance

A:PC Powers on and Off Continuously

Update:

I took out the old PSU and replaced it with another 750W EVGA that I had lying around. This didn't change anything and the computer continued to turn on, fans and everything, then turn off after about 6 seconds. Every so often,though, it would stay on for quite a while. Throughout this whole process my monitor gets no DVI signal and I can't do anything.

I know it's not my monitor because It works when I use it with my old computer. I also doubt its a problem with my graphics card because it's fairly new and has barely any use. There are no loose screws in the PC and everything seems to be seated properly.

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-8-a/126981-pc-powers-off-continuously.html
Relevancy 35.69%

The computer specs Custom built Win XP SP Intel Core Duo processor GB RAM and GB HD The computer isn t mine it s my grandmother s So the computer displayed an error about the Logitech Quickcam Xp Continuously Win Restarts Pc - Pro then started rebooting continuously After selecting the user Owner at the logon screen the computer would restart I booted into safe mode and disabled Pc Restarts Continuously - Win Xp the automatic restart after system error I also went into msconfig and disabled the Logitech startup items I looked at the Event Viewer and all the errors I could find were related to the Quickcam and MsiInstaller sp These are the errors I saw Quickcam Error Code ea Parameter a f Parameter a d b Parameter bace cbc Parameter It mentioned the Quickcam component BA C - BB- F -A A - CE D Another error mentioned the Quickcam component B C B D-F F- C-ADF - A C HKEY CURRENT USER Software Logitech Installer Pc Restarts Continuously - Win Xp QcDesktopShortcutKey LVCOMSer was also mentioned somewhere And there was one error that mentioned SP but that may be unrelated to this I turned off the computer and then started it again in Normal mode It reached the welcome screen and hung I turned it off and grandma insisted I unplug the USB cable to the camera So I unplugged that and turned the computer back on That s when I got the BSOD with the following error nv disp - x EA A E x A F xBACEBCBC x At this point I turned the computer off and gave up Note the nv disp error did not appear in the Event Viewer when I looked in safe mode When booting into normal mode I happened to hear three beeps from the bios but there could ve been more as it was noisy in the room and I could barely hear it I have no idea what kind brand bios it is I also can t remember if I heard the beeps the first or second time I booted in Normal mode Grandma says she didn t install anything recently She didn t use the Quickcam but always leaves it plugged in Automatic updates is always turned on so it s possible something was updated without her knowledge I did do a search of files that were modified and or created around the time the errors occurred I did not see anything that indicated something had been updated or installed The computer repair guy is coming Monday or Tuesday I was hoping I could get a resolution before then But if it s too complicated I ll probably just leave it to the professionals

A:Pc Restarts Continuously - Win Xp

I would uninstall (properly, via Device Manager and Add/Remove Programs) the cam drivers and related software. If you can boot into Safe Mode, you can do this from there.

I would also run a chkdsk on the boot drive. Start/Run...type chkdsk /r, type y, hit Enter.

Then see if the system behaves properly.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/160996/pc-restarts-continuously-win-xp/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi. My fan is running pretty continuously. I've just fitted a new HDD and restored data. I remember I had this problem some time ago and I cured it by updating the BIOS.This time I've updated drivers and am getting no yellow excalmation marks on device manager. I've updated the BIOS. I've looked at the vents on the underside and they look clear.I've gone into task manager and shut down any programmes that were showing CPU usage (like chrome) and it's still running. The air coming out feels pretty hot. I took it outdoors to see if a burst of cold air would stop it but that didn't work. I don't really fancy dismantling it to clean the vents when they look clear from the outside. Any help woiuld be much appreciated.Thank you.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:fan running almost continuously

Thank you very much for your reply. It appears that there was dust out of vision as when I blew compressed air as described on the HP website a large amount came out. The fan has been silent since. Thanks once again.Problem solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/fan-running-almost-continuously/td-p/5602921
Relevancy 35.69%

When I boot up my PC, it reaches the part where it shows the Windows XP screen, and then it reboots again by itself! Basically, the PC is stuck in an infinite loop of reboots!!

I am not much of an expert with PCs, but I have the feeling that this has something to do with some hardware component that maybe is failing. I am 100% sure that I do not have a computer virus.

Any idea what it could be?

Thanks.
--
tb

Relevancy 35.69%

Hi
My windows 7 laptop seems to be sluggish.
Eventually I noticed, using Task Manager, Performance tab, resource monitor button, that
svchost.exe, (netsvcs)
is always 50% CPU usage.
Is this normal?

Conditions were:
WiFi off
No connection to internet by cable or any other means.
No programs running.
No windows open, no nothing!

Please help me sort this one.

John

A:cpu usage 50% continuously

Hi,

If you don't want to connect the computer to the Internet ever disable the Windows Update service is most likely the reason of 50% CPU usage by svchost.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614182/cpu-usage-50-continuously/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have Vista Ultimate on a HP and VDS off on continuously cycles tx nr notebook with GIG of memory I noticed that Virtual Disk Service turns VDS continuously cycles on and off itself off then VDS continuously cycles on and off back on then off again every seconds Just a sample from event viewer Code Information AM Virtual Disk Service None Information AM Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider None Service Control Manager Information AM Virtual Disk Service None Information AM Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider None Service Control Manager Information AM Virtual Disk Service None Information AM Service Control VDS continuously cycles on and off Manager Eventlog Provider None Service Control Manager Information AM Virtual Disk Service None Information AM Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider None Service Control Manager Information AM Virtual Disk Service None details from one cycle Log Name System Source Virtual Disk Service Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Michael-Tablet Description Service stopped Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Virtual Disk Service quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Michael-Tablet lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Michael-Tablet Description The Virtual Disk service entered the running state Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Michael-Tablet lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Virtual Disk lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt running lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Virtual Disk Service Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Michael-Tablet Description Service started Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Virtual Disk Service quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Michael-Tablet lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Service Control Manager Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords Classic User N A Computer Michael-Tablet Description The Virtual Disk service entered the stopped state Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot D -A D - - E E- D F quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keyword... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196688-vds-continuously-cycles-off.html
Relevancy 35.69%

After an hour or half an hour my freezing continuously PC is My pc starts to freeze every after seconds Please let me know if something is wrong with my computer Thank you in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot My PC is continuously freezing mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo DeviceService DevSvc exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security ekrn exe C Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe My PC is continuously freezing LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ESET ESET Smart Security egui exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files InterVideo SchSvr SchSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C WINDOWS VM STI EXE C PROGRA SPEEDB VideoAcceleratorEngine exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Vista Drive Icon DrvIcon exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ViStart ViStart exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files ViOrb ViOrb exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files DAP DAP EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll R - URLSearchHook SrchHook Class - F F C D- C - A-B B - - C PROGRA DAP SBSearch dll R - URLSearchHook P P Energy Toolbar - bae c - f - d -a - f c a - C Program Files P P Energy tbP P dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - F FA -B - FC -ADD -C EF DBDD BC - no file O - BHO P P Energy Toolbar - bae c - f - d -a - f c a - C Program Files P P Energy tbP P dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO ffbde-c fa- a-b - d f eb e - e be f- d - b-a ... Read more

A:My PC is continuously freezing

What are your system specs?
Motherboard-
RAM-
Proc-
Video Card-
Hard Drives-
Power Supply-

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-pc-is-continuously-freezing-380021.html
Relevancy 35.69%

After a Windows automatic update, I restarted my PC and now all it will do is reboot repeatedly. It shows the first bootup screen then the Windows XP loading screen, then goes black and restarts automatically. I need to be able to save my files off the harddrive and I do not know a lot about fixing computers. I can not get to the desktop at all. Please help!

A:PC rebooting continuously

must be a bad update file because something almost similar happened to me two nights ago when I download two update files from Microsoft....fortunately I did a reset and rebooted and it came back to life. after the first attempt with error message. can you boot it into safe mode tap the f8 key as it is booting and try to boot into sfe mode. then do a system restore post back with results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-rebooting-continuously-351092.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello After I unplugged everything with the old PC with XP and moved it to other side of the room and plugged everything except a different keyboard and new monitor I booted it up and it was fine A few days later I burned a folder on my CD and a day or two later I noticed the PC shutted down then restarted repeatedly I tried to get it back to where it was before that was fine but it keeps rebooting Finally I searched and found this problem I think It says that the system shuts down continuously - please! Help XP reboots due to quot unmountable boot volume quot and the tech info is stop x ED x F C xC x x I unplugged the new keyboard and plugged the old keyboard but XP reboots continuously - Help please! still have the same rebooting problem Another thing I clicked for system recovery or restoration and saw the windows desktop and a window popped up for recovery program and after I pressed quot OK quot to continue a small sign popped up saying quot The section IDA CREATE USER DRIVE U quot does not contain a valid template quot After searching for some support information and found it I followed the instructions for recovery console by booting up from the CD that s not included with HP package with chkdsk r but it keeps rebooting over and over Now a new problem popped up this time a different tech info after the rebooting cycle I never saw the windows desktop for recovery console again instead it just popped up a blue screen with the new information Stop x ED x E B the rest are the same as above The main goal is that I need to have this remedied without losing any files and programs cannot afford to lose one at all by re-installing the win xp or re-formatting the HDD etc Sincerely hope you can help me My PC is HP Media Center m n XP year I m not sure which version of XP and I m assuming it s sp or I couldn t find or remember if I had the CD when I bought the HP only the older original XP CD I bought separately in In fact I don t see one HP WinXP CD so I assume I don t have it and that the software was pre-installed Thank you in advance for your assistance nbsp

A:XP reboots continuously - Help please!

Two things from my experience:

1) Check your power supply. If it's been damaged by heat or age (wear-n-tear), you may have a voltage that is fluctuating just outside of the acceptable range and could be triggering a restart.

2) Check your video and/or NIC cards. They could be sending skewed voltages to the MOBO and triggering restarts. If they are onboard, try installing expansion cards to see if the problem resolves. Use known-good devices if they are available.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-reboots-continuously-help-please.708930/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi Guys Please can someone help My yr old XP Athlon PC has gone into BSOD mode at LEAST times throughout today It started last night came up twice First thing this morning I did ant virus spyware scans D loaded and used CCleaner I Don't To Continuously! Bsod Know Do What don't know whether that started it - after that the BSODs appeared all the time Even in Safe mode I've done a HighJack This Bsod Continuously! Don't Know What To Do log its below Would really appreciate help on this Evesham PCs don't appear to answer their tech help lines very often Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS Bsod Continuously! Don't Know What To Do System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer Bsod Continuously! Don't Know What To Do EXEC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system atiptaxx exeC Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system dumprep exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC WINDOWS system dwwin exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings Ange Desktop High Jack This HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dllO - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exeO - HKLM Run SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics quot C Program Files Thomson SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe quot iconO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXEO - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXEO - HKLM Run CTStartup C Program Files Creative Splash Screen CTEaxSpl EXE runO - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series Copy C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series Copy quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -kO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run RoboForm quot C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe quot O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run AVG Run C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgw exe RUNONCE User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS System CTFMON EXE User 'Default user' O - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload amp with BitComet - res C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe AddLink htmO - Extra context menu item amp D amp ownload all video with BitComet - r... Read more

A:Bsod Continuously! Don't Know What To Do

I apologize for the very long delay. We have a huge backlog of HijackThis Logs to handle and it has been taking us greater time than normal to get caught up. If you are still having a problem, and want us to analyze your information, please post a brand new hijackthis log. If we do not hear back from you within a couple of days we will need to close your topic.When posting your logs please post them directly into the reply. Do not attach them.Also make sure you have already followed the steps outlined below:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis LogThank you for your patience.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116856/bsod-continuously-dont-know-what-to-do/
Relevancy 35.69%

I have Windows XP and use Earthlink as my ISP, it is a dial-up program. My problem is that when I am not online the modem keeps trying to dial a connection all the time. I am sure it is something I have done but cannot find the solution. HELP!!!!!

Relevancy 35.69%

Have to keep refreshing to reload pages to get them to load proprely Tried in both Chrome and Firefox both latest versions Have MS Security Essentials installed updated and scanned cudnt find anything I smell something fishy cause the internet experience has become horrible of late I checked my speed through SpeedTest net and the speed is perfect I use a MBPS connection The Downloads also go fine Only surfing is suffering Below is the Log File from HijackThis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on -Dec- Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Continuously Refresh Have to Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Users Saumil AppData Roaming Have to Refresh Continuously Google Google Talk googletalk exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe Have to Refresh Continuously C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Google Talk Plugin googletalkplugin exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Saumil Desktop HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts gs apple com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - HKLM Run MSSE quot c Program Files M... Read more

A:Have to Refresh Continuously

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdvicePlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in safe mode.-- If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a BSODs, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning.Best Regards,oneof4.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364408/have-to-refresh-continuously/
Relevancy 35.69%

My pc is stuck in a cycle of endless reboots. I have XP running in safe mode right now (with networking enabled), so I assume this is not a hardware issue. Please help!!!! Thanks...

A:PC continuously reboots

Please download HijackThis http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Post the hijackthis.log file here. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Please run an online virus scan at Panda ActiveScan. If there is an option to Auto Disinfect - select it. Save the results and bring them with you in your next post.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/pc-continuously-reboots-61742.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron that restarts continuously on boot without any warning or error messages I have attempted to run Startup Repair from a disc with no luck It says that Windows could not start but it can't fix the problem It gives me the error StartupRepairOffline I then decided to run System Restore from the recovery disc and it failed for an unknown reason I then tried to boot in Safe Mode all three of them with no luck either In PC Restarts Continuously any case in which it tries to boot from the PC Continuously Restarts HDD it runs through the BIOS Windows Error Recovery menu and the quot Starting Windows quot boot logo or the list of drivers for Safe Mode At that point the machine performs what looks like a hard reboot in which it cuts off its own power and then restores it The hard disk shuts off along with the display output and power button One key item that may very well be part of the problem is that it started this behavior after a power outage I have it connected to a surge protector so hopefully it didn't surge Anyway I thank you all for reading this and I greatly appreciate any responses

A:PC Continuously Restarts

My Aunt's Dell Inspiron 570 has the exact same symptoms, which oddly started yesterday (June 22nd).

However, I've been trying to rid her computer of some serious malware & viruses the past 2 days and suspected they had made their way into and infected the recovery partition. I don't know if that is possible, but I just came across a couple of other posts that suggested it is.

The last things that I did on her semiworking/infected computer was a virus scan and windows updates (about 84 of them i recall).

System restore failed/fails. Safe mode (all 3 options) fails. Startup Repair Fails. System "restore" using Dells DataSafe factory default recovery/reset completes but then exhibits the same symptoms as before: loads windows splash screen then restarts automatically.

I don't know what to do next.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170811-pc-continuously-restarts.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My computer Reboot every 2-3-5 hours,even when i just browsing on internet.
I test my Ram dimms,my Hard disks,i recover my OS to fresh clean state etc etc
But i found nothing.
My Pc Specs are...
Case: A-Case Twin Engine BB With 3 thermaletake smart case fan II(inside blow) and 1 arctic cooling fan (outside blow)

Power Supply: Seasonic 700W 80+

MB: Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4

RAM: 4GB Crucial BallistiX DDR2 SDRAM PC2-8500 4x1024 1066MhZ

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Graphic Card: Ati Radeon HD 3870x2 1080P

Sound Card: Onboard

HD c:\150GB Raptor 10.000 RPM d:\320GB WDC e:\320GB WDC

Dvd Drive: f:\Sony Sata high speed read\write

Vista 32bit Sp1

Monitor Samsung LE40A656F1 1080p 100Hz LCD HD TV 50,000:1 connected HDMI<->HDMI

A:Continuously Reboot

Now I see why you are asking the question about the cpu on the other post. If the cpu heatsink is off, it will shut down right away when up start up. How long have you had the computer? I would start treating it as a overheat problem by blow out all the dust bunies out especially on the gpu fan. If doesn't help, then we start from there. Post back.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/192512-continuously-reboot.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I use laptop Lenovo Y450, P7450, G210M with 2x2GB. Yesterday and today, I have total 4-5 times, right after I start windows and open My Computer, everything freeze and only mouse can run, all thing in screen like an image, cannot interact with anything. After 1-2 minutes, it show BSOD and Restart, after that, I cannot boot from my Hard Drive, it looks for Booting (maybe) in DOS for too long. I restart and check in BIOS, hard drive's still there. Reboot, all thing seem fine, but I format my USB in 20 minutes, it crashes again .
Now I don't use, it's idle.

More Information:
- Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.
- Full retail version, (download from MSDN with student account).

P.S: the missing driver are memory card reader, it showed many times before, 3-4 week ago, I don't think it causes the crash.

A:Crash continuously :(

Quote: Originally Posted by spyhunter88

I use laptop Lenovo Y450, P7450, G210M with 2x2GB. Yesterday and today, I have total 4-5 times, right after I start windows and open My Computer, everything freeze and only mouse can run, all thing in screen like an image, cannot interact with anything. After 1-2 minutes, it show BSOD and Restart, after that, I cannot boot from my Hard Drive, it looks for Booting (maybe) in DOS for too long. I restart and check in BIOS, hard drive's still there. Reboot, all thing seem fine, but I format my USB in 20 minutes, it crashes again .
Now I don't use, it's idle.

More Information:
- Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1.
- Full retail version, (download from MSDN with student account).

P.S: the missing driver are memory card reader, it showed many times before, 3-4 week ago, I don't think it causes the crash.

Hi spyhunter88 welcome to SF

Please uninstall any virtual driver software you use,daemon tools,alcohol120% and clean SPTD using http://www.duplexsecure.com/download...t-v174-x64.exe

Use Magicdisk Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

Update your windows with windows update.

-------------
Post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178622-crash-continuously.html
Relevancy 35.69%

My fan is running continuously and the air coming out of the left side of the computer is very warm.  I thought it may because of an auto update which causes the same reaction, but this has been going on for 4 days now.  Any ideas?

A:Re: fan running almost continuously

Hi @sss32, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! I read about your HP Notebook and issues with the fan always running. I would try to reload the factory installed BIOS Setup settings. This will reset the fan settings and nothing else on your Notebook. Please let me know how this goes. To show appreciation for my efforts kindly click the Thumbs Up below.   Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Re-fan-running-almost-continuously/td-p/5804845
Relevancy 35.69%

My XP is not booting at all It keeps on rebootingNo error messages displayed Safemode continuously rebooting XP Last known Good config just reboots the system I tried to use recovery console It's not showing the screen that is usually shown during installation blue screen instead it shows command prompt black screen so I'm unable to select my OS partition to repair XP rebooting continuously why this happened Any how I'm able to enter into C through cmd window I can see all the files amp folders so my OS is good Even boot ini exists I tried fixboot fixmbr nothing happened bootcfg scan --identified windows chkdsk-disk condition good Everything seems fine but my OS is not booting up I can see all the partitions amp files from recovery console No Error messages at all like ntldr hall missing invalid boot ini NOTHING I don't want to format HDD reinstall OS loosing all data my last option I heard that we can recover files by making Working PC HDD XP rebooting continuously as XP rebooting continuously Master amp Corrupted HDD as Slave How to do it Plz guide me thnx in advance sskraju

A:XP rebooting continuously

Now I have different problem

I started repairing XP..everything working perfect untill I got 35 minutes to complete

Manifest Parse Error:An Invalid character was found in text content
what is this error??

I burnt 2 different XP SP2 images on 2 different pc's with 2 different CD-RW at 10X & 12X speed.(All are different..Images,Pc's,CD RW drives...even CD brand)

I used Nero for burning 1st CD & PoweISO for 2nd CD

Still the same error what's happening??

But when my friend used the same image & able to install successfully

How to fix this error??
Anyone plz help....

sskraju

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-rebooting-continuously-452675.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Hey guys, me again. My Desktop PC fan runs continuously when I watch videos or play games, and I was wondering what I could do (or buy for a low price) to make it more efficient. It runs Windows XP (Media Center Edition 2005). I know it is an old computer...

As always, any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, and a free E-Cookie for helping!

Sincerely, SawronZXZ.

Relevancy 35.69%

Well first off I'm new here so hi Here's my issue I got Restarts Continuously XP home today and XP Continuously Restarts starting booting up my computer to e-mail myself my project for school I turned on my computer and noticed that it restarted was the Windows XP bar was loading XP Continuously Restarts before the login screen It then rebooted offering me safe mode last settings all that fun stuff I've tried every option and as it loads the screen flashes blue and restarts I've currently just left it on hoping it will magically work Unfortunately computers don't work by magic I've done a lot of research in the past hour with this and found nothing useful My laptop did not come with the XP disc so I can't reboot with that and other answers made no sense to me at all I'm using a Gateway Laptop with Windows XP media center I know little to nothing about computers so if possible could you keep your answers rather simple I'd really appreciate your help my computer has my portfolio for college apps on it so this is quite important Thanks ahead of time

A:XP Continuously Restarts

Hi 1wingedngel, welcome to TSF..

have you recently installed any new programs or any hardware?

Before the problem started, did you noticed any bugs or performance issues such as freezes, slow downs and/or program crashes etc?

The next time you start the system, press F8 to access the boot/recovery menu and then select 'Disable automatic restart on system failure'. This should force the system to go to a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) which contains important information about the problem. Please note down the message and post it in your reply please.

Also, it may be an idea to run some diagnostics on your hardware so we can rule out failing hard disk(s) and/or faulty RAM. You will be able to download some diagnostic tools for the hard drive from the manufacturer's support site. You can then burn the tools to a bootable disc and scan the drive without the need to access Windows. Same applies to RAM diagnostics. You can download memtest86 from:
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

It's best to choose the image option under the heading:
ISO images suitable for creating a bootable Memtest86 CD-ROM

Hope that helps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-continuously-restarts-318751.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I have a Gateway 3600 that will go as far as the Windows screen but rather than going to the logon screen it will reboot itself. I have swapped out the memory card and tried both in a different slot. I re-seated the CPU and I swapped out the power supply. None of these things have done bit of good. Anyone have any other troubleshooting ideas?

A:PC Continuously reboots

Booting Windows to safe mode?
System Restore?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-continuously-reboots.8832/
Relevancy 35.69%

After 5 min I turn on my PC the fan will start running and it will not stop until I turn off the pc or put it in a sleep mode.I open the back cover and tried to clean the fan but nothing got changed. my current CPU is 12% only and the memory is 71%. Anyone have Idea how to fix it  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/PC-fan-runs-continuously/td-p/5698572
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi guys, new here and desperate for help.
Every so often, sometimes again and again, while surfing, Internet Explorer freezes and shuts down.
How can I stop this happening?
It never used to happen - now it happens all the time.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Relevancy 35.26%

My sister's labtop is continuously restarting. It'll go as far as the login screen, but then it restarts almost instantaneously(no time to enter password, or even type a letter of it). I've been thinking that a key might be stuck, but I don't know of any key that would make it restart like that. I've tried repairing startup- doesn't work.

I've disabled automatic restart on system failure.

I've tried safe mode.

Normal booting seems to be happening.

I don't think it's a virus.

Any other suggestions, or if nothing else, ways to connect computers to each other without being logged in(so i can get all the files, and then restore factory default.)?

A:vista restarting continuously

We will have to create a small 'fix CD' to solve this problem.Please download RC.ISO and save it somewhere you can find it.Also download MagicISO and install it.Start MagicISO. You should see a window informing you about the full version of MagicISO.In the bottom right select Try It! and the program will open.Click on File and then on Open and navigate to the RC.ISO file you downloaded. Select it, and click Open.First, we'll need to add a clean version of userinit.exe to the current RC.ISOIn the upper right pane, double click on the i386 folder.Right click in the upper right pane and select Add Files...Navigate to C:\Windows\System32 and select userinit.exeThen click Open to add userinit.exe to the CD image.Click File and select Save As...Name the file RCplus and save it somewhere you can find it.Next, we'll need to burn the newly created image to a disk that we can use to fix the problem.Put a blank CD-R disk in your CD burner and close the tray. If an AutoPlay window opens, close it.Click on Tools and select Burn CD/DVD with ISO.... A window will appear.Click on the little folder to the right of CD/DVD Image File then navigate to the newly created RCplus.iso Image file and click Open.In the CD/DVD Writing Speed drop-down menu choose the 8X setting.Under Format make sure that Mode 1 is selected.And finally, click on the Burn it! button to burn RCplus.iso to disk.Once the disk is burned, put it in the machine you want to fix and restart it.Boot to the CD just as you would with a Windows XP disk.At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to enter the Recovery Console.Choose the installation to be repaired by number (usually 1) and press Enter.When you are asked for the Administrator password, enter the password or leave it blank (default) and press Enter.At the C:\Windows> prompt, type the following commands pressing Enter after each one. Note: Watch the spaces.D:cd i386copy userinit.exe c:\windows\system32exitAfter putting in the third command, you should receive the message 1 file copied which will indicate that the operation succeeded.Now take out the CD and reboot your computer to normal mode. Try to log in and it should let you back in.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226476/vista-restarting-continuously/
Relevancy 35.26%

My computer has gone schizo on me and now I m looking for ideas opinions The Problem several days back on startup the computer got as far as the Windows logo screen then suddenly restarted On the second start attempt I got an quot overclocking failed quot message with the option to go into the Continuously Restarts Computer BIOS to change settings to default My computer is not overclocked All BIOS settings appeared normal After exiting the BIOS without making changes it again got as far as the Windows logo screen before restarting THIS time it went to the screen telling me that the last Windows startup had a problem and gave me the option to go Computer Restarts Continuously to Safe Mode use the last known good config or start windows normally I could get into Safe Mode ok but didn Computer Restarts Continuously t have time to troubleshoot so I shut the computer down normally A few days later I tried to start the computer again thinking I could go back to Safe Mode and troubleshoot run a virus scan etc This time though the computer began restarting continuously after it s initial power-on checks where it shows the processor RAM etc before it starts loading Windows So the Safe Mode option seems to be out for me now The System Built in Pentium GHz clock speed Gig RAM MB DIMMs Windows XP Pro ASUS P C -E motherboard Radeon XT video card W power supply Soundblaster Audigy ZS Gig Seagate hard drive Prior to this problem the anti-virus was up to date full system scans run monthly mini-scans run daily Personally I suspect the power supply or some other hardware failure but thought I d throw this one out there and see what other folks thought as I haven t yet had time to go any further with this Thanks for any info suggestions you might provide nbsp

A:Computer Restarts Continuously

Yes, the first thing that came to mind is your PSU. You could test with a digital multimeter.

Also, another thing it can be is corrupted memory. Run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is that it starts as soon as you boot up so you don't need to worry about Safe or Normal Mode.

Read this link first: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Here is what I tell people:

1. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD (follow link instructions).

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-continuously.126060/
Relevancy 35.26%

I appreciate all the help I can get on this My wife s computer will not complete the Computer Restarts Continuously boot process rather it continuously reboots First I will give a little background as to what preceded this troublesome Computer Continuously Restarts situation I was installing Norton However I had Microsoft one care installed Norton requested I uninstall One Care I complied After uninstalling Onecare Computer Continuously Restarts Norton installed itself Upon completion and updating it I received two messages File protective service reported that some Microsoft files were not recognized etc It wanted me to insert my original XP disk I also got a message from Norton saying it wanted to restart to complete the removal of something I made a choice probably the wrong one to restart This left me with a continuously rebooting computer I am not sure if it is because of a virus or because of the file protective service issue I would appreciate any help Here is what I have done so far I tried loading in Safemode It would not load after the list of drivers it just restarted I tried the option of loading the last known configuration that worked This did not solve it I disabled the auto restart upon error It simply resulted in a black screen that remained After step I retried running in Safe Mode This time I received the blue screen with the following error STOP c a Fatal System Error The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shutdown Thank you so much for your help

A:Computer Continuously Restarts

Hello, do you have your XP CD at hand?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/381980/computer-continuously-restarts/
Relevancy 35.26%

Recently I was having problems with my computer so I used the system recovery cd I received when I bought the computer and went through all the necessary steps XP restarts installation continuously itself to make it happen but for some reason this time instead of being able to log back onto windows it said my windows was not fully installed At this point I used the Windows XP recovery XP installation restarts itself continuously cd and deleted the partition my old windows was on and followed the necessary steps to install it except once it gets up to the point of quot Installing Devices quot there is a little bar to the left and shows the progress and XP installation restarts itself continuously it gets up to about halfway and the computer restarts and it continues in this endless cycle unless This XP cd is not an upgrade it is a Windows XP Home Edition SP recovery cd that was given to me when I bought the computer and I had xp sp installed before XP installation restarts itself continuously all of this crazy nonsense started happening I believe it is a virus but I would have thought that would have been gone when I used the system recovery cd so I really have no idea Any help would be tremendously appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate edition X86 edition two days ago and everything was up and running perfect with no problems. I installed the windows updates and then shut it down. I woke up the next morning and started the computer and now. My computer restarts continuously right before the splash screen and I can't get into safe mode. I tried pressing f8 and going to safe mode or the last known good config, but the computer just restarts all over again. When I put in the windows vista disc, and try to run repair vista installation it just stops a few seconds later and says that I have recently unpluged a device like a camera or some bs. I went to system restore and restored to a previous point and still the contiously rebooting. Any ideas on how I can fix this problem?