Windows Support Forum

Can't set Automatic update

Q: Can't set Automatic update

Not sure when this happen, but I can't set any of the radio buttons for automatic update --

Is there a way to get the radio button back??

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can't set Automatic update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Can't set Automatic update

Hello fpefpe,

The reason that you can't set automatic updates on your computer is, because it has Windows? XP installed on it, and Microsoft? ceased support for XP a couple of months back.

Solution:
Purchase a Retail version of Windows? 7 or 8.1 from a reputable store, and install it as the Operating System.

You can still use the computer, without upgrading the O/S, providing you do not need Internet access; it will still be able to perform tasks that do not need Internet or Security, because if its not connected to the internet you have no need for these.
(These include, but not limited to: Playing installed games; using Word? etc.)

Hope this answers your query; post back with your thoughts.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-set-automatic-update-925970.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
on a no-problem notebook of a Relative, win ran an update last night at 4 and came up with this:
Most App-Links are gone, Apps still there.
But Firefox, Outlook and others seem completely reset as if freshly installed, no accounts set f.e.
Win demands hardware driver installation for Wifi.
And a bunch of personal files on the Desktop are gone.

Please point me to the right direction before i start to act there.
thx

A:Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update

Same thing happened to one of my relatives yesterday! I suggested we did a restart before we tried anything else and on restarting the apps all reappeared and her desktop came back as she remembered it.

This might be the first thing to try and it might sort itself out.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33422-update-nightmare-reset-apps-lost-data-after-automatic-update.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello folks - first post so you have my apologies if I don t quite get the format correct I did a search for this problem and didn t Disabled box flashing/Automatic Update command Windows Update find anything - my apologies again if this type of problem has already been addressed First of all I m running Windows Vista Ultimate with SP bit on a Dell Latitude D with GHz processor and GB RAM A short while back a command box has been flashing every twenty or thirty seconds with a heading having something to do with Windows Update Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled from what I can read the cmd box comes and goes very quickly This came with a Windows Security alert saying that the Windows Automatic Updates were disabled When I attempted to re-enable automatic updates I got the message Window Title Windows Security Center Main Instruction Security Center can t change your automatic updating settings Content Change settings manuallyWhen I attempt to change the settings manually I get the error Window Title EC - AEA- -A DD- B D EEF DB- AD- E -AD - Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled E F C F pageSettings Content Windows cannot find EC - AEA- -A DD- B D EEF DB- AD- E -AD - E F C F pageSettings Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again OK I looked up the error messages online and found a variety of explanations from quot this is a Windows error quot to quot this is a backdoor trojan quot My first instinct was that it was a virus so I ran a full Symantec Scan ran a Bazooka Scan and ran one other full scan that was suggested by another forum I ve deleted the program since and found nothing to fix I then turned my attention to the quot it s a windows update theory quot and tried installing the Windows Update Manager tried manually re-registering the updater dlls and tried stopping then re-registering the same dlls I managed to register the following dllsregsvr wuapi dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wuaueng dllregsvr wucltui dllregsvr wups dllregsvr wuweb dllThis dll failed however with this message regsvr wups dll Window Title RegSvr Content The module quot wups dll quot may not compatible with the version of Windows that you re running Check if the module is compatible with an x -bit or x -bit version of regsvr exe OK After a few hours of digging around with nothing to show for it the command prompt continued to show up and the updater doesn t work these fixes and a reboot I left the PC when I returned the command prompt was up with something similar to this error message my sister closed it before I could copy it down exactly bit MS-DOS Subsystemwuauclt exeThe NTVD CPU has encountered an illegal instruction Choose Close to terminate the applicationThe error message also had something similar to this code but it was not this code - I believe it ended in a lot of f s in a row if that helps CS IP a OP f d d At this time I m also finding that my Firefox is crashing with quot illegal operations quot - This is not my main issue but perhaps it ll provide a clue This info is making me lean more heavily towards it being a trojan I have run HijackThis and have a log to post - please let me know if it would be a good idea to head over to that forum area as well My apologies for the long post and in some cases spotty information and my great thanks for those who read and respond

A:Windows Update command box flashing/Automatic Update Disabled

Forgot to mentiion that when I try to manually use Windows Update, windows explorer flashes up for a fraction of a second, closes, and nothing happens.

I have the WindowsUpdate Log file saved for the past few days - there is a -ton- of information on it, but I don't get anything terribly usseful from it - let me know if I should post any of it.

Thanks again!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182661/windows-update-command-box-flashingautomatic-update-disabled/
Relevancy 49.02%

Here's the HiJackThis log Please help Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP update! can't Can't stay XP Windows to Automatic for Update get on, WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech Bluetooth LBTSERV EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files RegCure RegCure exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Can't get Automatic Update for Windows XP to stay on, can't update! Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Hotspot Shield HssWPR hsssrv exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System StkASv K exeC WINDOWS System StkSrv K exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC Program Files Anonymizer Anonymizer Software Common AnonMgmtSvc exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exeC WINDOWS Can't get Automatic Update for Windows XP to stay on, can't update! system Rundll exeC Program Files Creative VoiceCenter AndreaVC exeC WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files dvd dvd tray exeC DOCUME KEVINB LOCALS Temp clclean C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Google Quick Search Box GoogleQuickSearchBox exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Anonymizer Anonymizer Software Anonymizer exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXEC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Anonymizer Anonymizer Software common AnonProxy exeC Program Files MSN MSNCoreFiles msn exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Documents and Settings Kevin Bluxome Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE F X H hijackthis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Def... Read more

A:Can't get Automatic Update for Windows XP to stay on, can't update!

Hello imphrmd,Sorry about the delay. If you still need help, please post a new HijackThis log to make sure nothing has changed, and I'll be happy to look at it for you.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/240987/cant-get-automatic-update-for-windows-xp-to-stay-on-cant-update/
Relevancy 46.01%

Can I configure windows automatic update to stop downloading automatically. I would prefer to go to the site and choose what downloads I want. Any help is appreciated, cheers

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
I am getting a automatic update from Microsoft for the patch 823980, I checked in Control Panel, add/remove the other day and I already have that patch. Could I do any harm downloading it again from the little globe in my system tray? Will it be able to see I already have the patch? Has something new been added that I should let it install again? duhhhh!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-that-i-already-have.157465/
Relevancy 46.01%

Everytime I start my computer, I get a message telling me that Windows Automatic Update is not running. When I go to Control Panel and select Automatic Updates it shows that it is turned on. If I click on the little red shield in the task bar and click on turn on automatic updates I get a message telling me that Security Center cannot change the settings.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem might be??

Thanks

Carl

Relevancy 46.01%

Since when do I have to have automatic updates started to manually download updates?

Relevancy 46.01%

For a few weeks now, every time I turn my PC on, I get the following box Come up:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Automatic Updates
Updating your computer is almost complete. You must restert your computer for the updates to take effect.

Do you want to restart your computer now?

Restart Now Restart Later
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes, if I am lucky, I can drop the box below the system tray and carry on as usual, other times there is a 5 minute countdown, so I have to click on restart later, which is OK until I'm away from my PC for a while, then the inevitable happens.

Please help.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-rid-of-automatic-update-box.652573/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I have 4 computers at home running XP Home. All of them keep getting the update icon in the task bar. I do the update and 2 minutes later I get the update icon again for the very same updat. Nothing seems to stop it from updating the same Windows service pack 4 over and over.
Anybody else having this problem?

thanks
rjm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-251861.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently had a new computer built and the data from my previous hard drive was transferred to the new one.

I have Automatic Update enabled and at startup I get the yellow shield in the taskbar informing me of updates. Unfortunately, they will not install. After a few minutes the message, "Some updates could not be installed" appears and of course it lists the updates. What do I need to do to correct this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

A:Automatic Update

Hiya,

If you disable automatic updates (only temporary), then go on to the Microsoft update page and select manual update, normally if there is any problem, the update site will point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,
Regards,

Tony.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108441/automatic-update/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using windows xp professional ,the automatic update for windows is not available ,how do I get this?

A:automatic update not available

Explain "unavailable" Can you open IE (or any browser) and type in Windows Update and get there? Windows Update is undergoing some big changes in the way it looks and acts. Is your copy of XP activated? Are you signed on as the Administrator?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-not-available.262883/
Relevancy 46.01%

It will not install any of the updates I need I try Google it got the exe for some of updates and they will not even do it I update automatic use Advanced System-care pro and RegCure Pro I don t know what to do I know come thing about pc but not every thing Windows XP Professional Build xpsp sp gdr - Service pack The update that will not install Microsoft NET Framework SP and NET Framework SP Security Update for Windows Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Microsoft NET Framework SP Update for Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Microsoft NET Framework Service automatic update Pack and NET Framework Family Update for NET versions through KB x Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Server and Windows XP x KB Security Update for Microsoft NET Framework SP on Windows Server and Windows XP x KB It be a lot help if you guys can help me fix this I be live this is what stoping me from getting windows nbsp

A:automatic update

what is the error message you receive?

I usually dont install NET framework since I dont use it much..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update.1054088/
Relevancy 46.01%

active update screen pops up and blocks part of the screen how can i control this update ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aol-automatic-update.552416/
Relevancy 46.01%

The update KB925398 is ready to be installed... for the 8th time.

Here's Microsoft's link for this update. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS06-078.mspx

This update doesnt appear in "add/remove programs" list when i let Automatic Updates install it. When i install it from the .exe, it is there, but it still wants to auto update the patch.

I opened %Windir%\KB923689.log and at the bottom it appears it was installed:
32.287: RebootNecessary = 0,WizardInput = 1 , DontReboot = 1, ForceRestart = 0

I have ran AVG, Spybot, and hijackthis both in normal and in safe mode, with no problems found.

I am worried my computer has been infected somehow... Anybody know why this is happening?

A:Automatic update over and over again

http://www.updatexp.com/windows-update-keeps-prompting.html

The technique can also be applied to other troublesome patches, but as with all modifications to the registry. I can take no responsibility for any modifications you make.)

joan

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-over-and-over-again.611369/
Relevancy 46.01%

My computer is home made I am running XP Pro SP I have this Computer approx two years and had no problems untill two days ago The red security shield appears on the task bar when I click on it Aut omatic will not start Then I get an error message Could not start automatic updates on local computer Error The server cannot be started either because it Automatic Run Will Not Update is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it I am running AVG free I am sending a copy of hjt of my Automatic Update Will Not Run computer Please help me Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Automatic Update Will Not Run MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Automatic Update Will Not Run Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton Save and Restore Agent VProSvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Norton Save and Restore Agent NSRTray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files SpiralFrog Spiralfrog exe C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard DiscWizardMonitor exe C Program Files Seagate DiscWizard TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Seagate Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVDtray exe C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by Comcast High-Speed Internet R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - Toolbar amp RoboForm - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm roboform dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Norton Save and Restore quot C Program Files Norton Save and Restore Agent NSRTray exe quot O - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-will-not-run.724319/
Relevancy 46.01%

I thought I had the automatic download and update disabled when this happened.

I have two shields in the task bar.
This normal?

A:automatic update

The gold one is automatic update and the red one is the security center.

To find out what each one is there for just double left click on them and follow the instructions on the red oen for the security problem.

To turn-off automatic update you have to go thru windows update and it is on the right side of one of the screens.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update.616690/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have Windows XP and an update automatically started which, in turn, required my computer to restart.The moment it did restart, I could no longer connect to the internet - Firefox nor Thunderbird would connect - nor, for that matter, IE (which I only use in an emergency) - and my AVG through up a warning saying I was no longer fully protected.Used system restore to an earlier date.Restarted computer ... auto update started again ... restarted computer - same thing happened.But - on the System Restore window it said: "Software Distribution Service 3.0" had been installed.1. Is this an update from Windows - or perhaps AVG?2. Is there a way to stop all auto updates without my agreeing to them first?3. Do I need this pesky "Service 3.0"? ... and if so, how can I get it to stop preventing my computer from working properly, please?Thank you ever so much for any help.Mara

A:Help With An Automatic Update, Please

hi....do you have zone alarm for firewallif you do then try one of theseThis update seems to be the one that conflicts with Zone Alarm(KB951748) Your choices are1 Remove update through Add/remove Programs2Reset Zone Alarm to Medium (security settings)If you prefer your Zone Alarm setting High instead of MediumThen remove Security Patch... (KB951748) Through Add/Remove Programsuntil the issue has been resolved...............

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156937/help-with-an-automatic-update-please/
Relevancy 46.01%

OK, I goofed! I went to Windows XP updates and downloaded some updates for Office XP Professional. The problem is, I have XP home Edition,so these updates will not install. Is there any way to stop the download and get rid of these updates?

A:Automatic Update

Can you not cancel the updates via the Windows Updater?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update.454392/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have a Windows XP cd that we use to install on all our new computers Each of these needs to be then upgraded to Windows XP SP If you go from this version to windows XP sp you have to do the following steps on each computer Run windows update and let it install the windows update installer update Then run winhttp patch or something like that as a critical patch then reboot the machine rerun windows update then download critical patches and then reboot the machine a third time rerun the windows update and then install SP which in itself takes a long time to download much less apply I don t have access to an XP SP cd so I figured I would try and make an update CD that I can run the CD and then just apply all of the updates instead of having to SP2? cd XP way Automatic update to to from redownload them all the time Can anyone point me to a good place Automatic way to update from XP cd to SP2? that includes the windows update installer update all critical patches and the SP update so I can put it on CD and update that way nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I live in a rural area, down a dirt road, in the woods. That being said, you can assume that I don't have broadband; I'm stuck with Satellite Internet (HughesNet, specifically). Because of my ISP's "Fair Access Policy", my bandwidth is very limited; if I go over a certain amount of data transfer, my speed is throttled down to less than dail-up. The only time I am not subject to the F.A.P. is between the hours of 3 to 6 am. I have tried numerous times to make Windows Automatic Update work within this time frame, but today (for about the tenth time) I caught it running around 5 o'clock this evening. I just can't afford that kind of usage during peak hours and certainly won't be up at 3am to start the updates myself.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-help.701742/
Relevancy 46.01%

I did the run service.msc thing and it still wont work ...
when i change the service to automatic and hit start i get a 1058 error
if i close and go back its back to disabled!!!!

A:HELP PLEASE w/ automatic update

Try this!

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Vundo...7#entry1424507

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-please-w-automatic-update-339152.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Although many folks don't like to let Windows do automatic updates, I have done that for quite some time. For some reason it has stopped doing it and I haven't even seen a request to update.

It says that I must be the administrator to make the change and I am the administrator.
Anyone know what is going on and/or hot to fix the issue?

I am using Win 8 - 64 bit and the laptop is a HP Envy m6.

A:Can't set update to automatic

Hello Clay, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to see if it may help to set your Windows Update settings to be for automatic updating.

Windows Update - Automatic Updating - Turn On or Off in Windows 8

Please also post screenshots of what you see to see if it may help to ID the issue.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Eight Forums

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/41679-cant-set-update-automatic.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi an easy one this, I'm sure i've done it before, but how doi you set Windows Xp to scheck for antomatic essential updates, i cant seem to find the selection box.

Ta, paul.

A:Automatic Windoes Update

Right-Click My Computer then click the Automatic Updates tab. That'll get you where you need to be.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-windoes-update.155273/
Relevancy 45.58%

Having had my system messed up by the latest IE cumulative patch and other updates that cannot be uninstalled I bit the bullet Automatic Icon Update and reinstalled W In order not to find myself in the same situation I have not installed automatic update and when Automatic Update Icon I update manually from the MS site I have ignored and will continue to ignore all updates that cannot be uninstalled however critical they are supposed to be It s surprising how many updates cannot be uninstalled but having returned my system to how it was minus the non-uninstallable updates and reinstalled all my other software the system is back to stabity I had become used to until the suspicious appearance of so many updates in December I cannot recommend too highly that anyone else experiencing similar difficulties follow the same route I have but I am left with the quot Stay current with automatic updates quot icon on my Quick Launch taskbar and I wonder how I can both get rid of it and prevent its return TIA Tom nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I am having problems keeping the service for this at either disabled/manual.

Everytime I switch off my PC this service comes up as auto and started.

regardless of how many times I set it to disabled/manual.

I dont want it automatically, I want to decide what and when I want to.

cheers

J

A:windows automatic update - help

(BUMP)

anyone ????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update-help.319172/
Relevancy 45.58%

I keep getting an error message that says automatic updates has encountered a problem and need to close If I close it it will just reappear within seconds I can't access the microsoft update site either it just freezes up Strangely enough everything else on my computer runs just fine Please help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C WINDOWS ehome ehSched automatic error update exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C automatic update error PROGRA Grisoft automatic update error AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE MACE exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C program files steam steam exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE mace exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId amp clcid SUB CLCID O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run ATICCC quot C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot runtime -Delay O - HKLM Run ATIMACE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE MACE exe O - HKLM Run DAEMON Tools quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools daemon exe quot -lang O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button The Gaming Club Poker - A AC - CA - e d-AB - BFC EEB - C Program Files gamingclubMPP MPPoker exe O - Extra button PartyPoker net - F FE - - e -B - B EED - C Program Files PartyGaming net PartyPokerNet RunPF exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem PartyPoker net - F FE - - e -B - B EED - C Program Files PartyGaming net PartyPokerNet RunPF exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F... Read more

A:automatic update error

I recommend you Subscribe to this thread so you are notified of any replies via email. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

There isn't much showing in your log, so we'll try a general cleaning and see what turns up. This error may be better suited to the Windows XP section but we will check for malware before sendiung you there.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Downloads(make sure to save these in a permanent location)
Cleanup!- Install it. You will use this later.

*NOTE* Cleanup deletes EVERYTHING out of temporary folders and does not make backups.

Ewido Anti-SpywareInstall Ewido Anti-Spyware
Double-click the icon on Desktop to launch Ewido
You will need to update Ewido to the latest definition files.On the top of the main screen click Shield
Click the word active to change it to inactive
On the top of the main screen click Update.
Then click on Start Update. The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
I also recommend changing the "Update interval" to something more reasonable like 12 hours.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido
When you have finished updating, EXIT Ewido.

Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Tools
Open Cleanup! by double-clicking the icon on your desktop (or from the Start > All Programs menu). Set the program up as follows:
*Click "Options..."
*Move the arrow down to "Custom CleanUp!"
*Put a check next to the following:Empty Recycle Bins
Delete Cookies
Delete Prefetch files
Cleanup! All Users
Click on the "Temporary Files" and uncheck the box for "Scan drives for file matching" if it?s checked.
Click OK
Press the CleanUp! button to start the program. Reboot/logoff when prompted. If prompted to reboot, click No.

Run Ewido with it's updated definitions:(...it's important that all windows must be closed) Click Scanner
Click on the Scan tab
Click Complete System Scan to begin scanning.
When the scan is complete click Recommended Action and change it to Quarantine
Then click Apply all actions
Once finished, click the Save report button, then click Save Report As and save it to your desktop.

Reboot your system in Normal Mode.

Online Scans
Perform an online scan with Internet Explorer with Panda ActiveScan
** click on "Free use ActiveScan" located on the top right hand corner Click Scan your PC & a 'pop up' window shall appear. *ensure that your pop up blocker doesn't block it
Click Scan Now
Enter your e-mail address & click Scan Now ...begins downloading 8 MB Panda's ActiveX controls
Begin the scan by selecting My Computer If it finds any malware, it will offer you a report.
Click on see report. Then click Save report
Post the contents of the report in your next reply

*You needn't remain online while it's doing the scan but you have to re-connect after it has finished to see the report.
*Turn off the real time scanner of any existing antivirus program while performing the online scan

In your next post please include:Panda Activescan Log
Ewido Log
A new Hijackthis! Log

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/automatic-update-error-109887.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I had to reinstall WinXP 64 edition. The Automatic Update is not coming up anymore; it was before, and keep on alerting, even though I pressed download already on 90% of the updates.

This is still service pack 1 so I guess it didn't download. I had restarted. Automatic Update service is on.

A:Automatic Update not showing up

I reregister some files:
regsvr32 dispex.dll
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
regsvr32 scrrun.dll
, worked
but for regsvr32 msscript.ocx
regsvr32 msscript.ocx loadlibrary("msscript.ocx") failed - the specified module could not be found

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-not-showing-up-357465.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok, I have windows XP, JUST got it! So I go to turn off my computer and this thing pops up, its an end now program for wupdate.exe and I had this happen before on my other computer where you had to click end now, or else it wouldn't shut down the computer and when your in a hurry this is a pain in the butt. So, I got mad and deleted this wupdate.exe and no problems since now. Now when I try to play games on uproar it says I need a new browser which I downloaded the setup for, I install it yet I don't get the new browser? AND I don't have automatic update anymore ... what do I do now? Can I fix it? Or am I SOL and no games for me? HELP PLEASE! Thanx for your consideration anyone who reads this!

Relevancy 45.58%

My laptop updated automatically and after reboot loading hame page takes long time. Even a right click in mouse takes half an hour , files not opening. In simple way, laptop turns on, but not opening or responding. Help me in fixing this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Problem-after-automatic-update/td-p/5794379
Relevancy 45.58%

I had a system crash on the rd of July I could not reboot into safe mode or any mode for that matter It started out with a black screen then it went to the blue screen then shut down and rebooted and that is where I couldn t boot into safe Automatic Update Problems mode or any other mode I made a recovery CD and Automatic Update Problems try booting up with that but it didn t work So I had to download Windows Vista from the Automatic Update Problems internet and burned the ISO to a DVD and launched that and performed a clean install now am having problems getting all the updates it seems that I can t get any of the downloads to install I can see the downloaking updates in the system tray but they only get to a Automatic Update Problems certain percentage and then stall there Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem Even when I try to install the standalone SP I get the error code of x D This is getting aggrevating please help Marlon Tomera I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-NR E Laptop and windows vista home premium bit OS

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/408238/automatic-update-problems/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I am having problems when trying to download and install automatic updates. Every time my laptop attempts an automatic update it fails (and this is not only my windows updates, but for AVG antivirus and Spyware Doctor).

I have attempted to check for updates and the error message comes up as: 'Windows encountered an unknown error', with error code 80244019. I have already checked up on this error code through the windows troubleshoot and online on the microsoft website, but the symptoms don't seem to match mine so I'm not sure what to do.

I have also been told that my firewall might be blocking these updates, but after disabling it I still have the same problem.

I don't know what information about my system you will need, so just ask if you need more.
OS - Windows Vista Home Premium, Service pack 1

Thanks in advance for your help guys, much appreciated!

A:Automatic update failure

Quote:

Originally Posted by ps88

Hi,
but the symptoms don't seem to match mine so I'm not sure what to do.

What are the symtoms beside the error code?
Have a look at this: http://www.pchell.com/support/vista_...80244019.shtml

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/automatic-update-failure-323663.html
Relevancy 45.58%

For a while now on one of my computers, Windows XP has told me that an update is available (Junk mail filter update for Microsoft Outlook). However, every time I attempt to install it, it tells me that the update failed to install. I also tried to install it at system shutdown; when I went back to my computer the next morning it was still installing, so that failed.

What is the problem? And if I cannot install it (I never use Outlook) should I just ignore it?

A:Automatic Update Will Not Install

That's a update for MS Office. Where are you downloading from?Office updatesMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88779/automatic-update-will-not-install/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys, so I had a bit of a problem with my computer deciding that it wanted to update to Windows 8.1 automatically while I was in the middle of taking an online, timed test that I only get one attempt at.. So I frantically searched on my phone for how to get it to postpone this update while simultaneously trying to crunch numbers into my calculator to finish on my new time limit of 15 minutes.. And yeah, I got about 50% through it by the time the computers countdown hit 0. Anyways, is this seriously a thing that Windows 8 won't let you stop from happening?? Like did they really not consider that making it impossible to stop a restart would be bad for a lot of people? If I am missing something here, some help regarding how to prevent this from ever happening again would be so very deeply appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/49940-automatic-update-problems.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I just turned automatic updates completely off, but I don't want to leave it that way. The only way I'm willing to turn it back on (to check for updates and I decided to download or not) is if I can get this 100% CPU issue fixed. The second I turned automatic updates off the cpu went down to 1%.

Anyway, I checked and this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3058515 says I am supposed to be able to download it from this page: https://technet.microsoft.com/library/security/MS15-056 but I cannot find any link to download a file on there. Also, if automatic updates couldn't do it, what's to say it will download manually ok?

A:100% CPU b/c automatic update won't udate CSU for IE 8

Why are you running IE 8? With Windows 7, you should be running IE 11. Support for IE 8 ends in January so you won't be getting any patches.
And I suspect you will not be able to update directly from v 8 to v 11
This post from April shows there was a problem
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Micr...es-Says-a-Fix-Is-Being-Developed-479026.shtml

You might be able to download IE 9 here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-9-details.aspx
or here
http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/microsoft_internet_explorer_9.html

Then IE 10
http://filehippo.com/download_internet_explorer_windows_7/14434/

looks like filehippo also has 9.

Try updating your browser from 8 to 9 first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/100-cpu-b-c-automatic-update-wont-udate-csu-for-ie-8.1153959/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, everytime I turn my computer on, I get this dialog box that pops up and says:

"Automatic Updates has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

This dialog box keeps on occuring several times giving me the choice to either send an error report or not send. After about 10 times of the pop up, it stops until the next time i turn my computer on sometimes even occuring when I'm online and using the computer. Furthermore, the Error signature has:

"Error Signature:
szAppName : wuauclt.exe szAppVer : 5.8.0.2469 szModName : esent.dll
szModVer : 5.1.2600.2780 offset : 0005783f"

Technical Information about error report:
"The Following files will be included in this error report:
C:\DOCUME~1\SHERWI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfd44.dir00\wuauclt.exe.mdmp
C:\DOCUME~1\SHERWI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERfd44.dir00\appcompat.txt"

A:Automatic Update Error

Hi and Welcome to TSF

If you are running a popup blocker and/or firewall and have SP2 intalled, there could be a conflict with that, because SP2 comes with them as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-error-112057.html
Relevancy 45.58%

okay for some reason I can't get the update to stay in the ON position. I switch it into the on condition and the next reboot has it back off. I installed NAV and it warns me and has a fix button. I click on the fix now and it still stays off. Why is it stuck and how do I fix it?

A:windows automatic update

the following may work. it was found here. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/ballew_04january12.mspx

Configure Automatic Updates
Microsoft lists turning on the Automatic Updates feature as one of the three important steps to protect your PC. You can easily configure Automatic Updates to look for updates automatically each time you go online. With that done, you have to make a sincere effort to log on for a few hours each week, and give the computer a chance to catch up or remain updated.

In Windows XP, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group to modify Automatic Updates settings. Here's how to configure Automatic Updates:

Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.

On the Automatic Updates tab, select the Keep my computer up to date check box.

Under Settings, select an option. I suggest Download the updates automatically and notify me when they are ready to be installed, as shown in Figure 2. Then click OK.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update.464885/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I hope I am asking this in the right section Recently I noticed that my laptop was trying to install the same three Important Updates every time I started trouble with Automatic Having Update it I made a note to take a look at it when I had time but after about a week it became unable to actually update I have a Dell Inspirion with Windows Home Premium It immediately gives an error message saying Windows could not search for new updates and lists the error as Code The help menu advised to change or restart the Windows Update service but that did not help Neither did the Windows Update Troubleshooter When Having trouble with Automatic Update I run the Troubleshooter it says there are problems installing recent updates and with Windows Update Error x C - - -T- A Strangely if I ask for more details it shows that the Update Error was fixed but it initially says it Having trouble with Automatic Update failed It also says it fixed Service Registration is missing or corrupt But that shows up each time I run the troubleshooter and Windows still cannot update I am not sure what info I need to present but I will quickly update with any further info requested Thank you in advance for any time you have for this

A:Having trouble with Automatic Update

Apologies for bumping this, but I hope it has been long enough that it is not rude of me to do so.

I am still having the same problem - I haven't been able to get any new updates besides the same three, which continually "install" without working.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521464/having-trouble-with-automatic-update/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have Windows XP Home Edition Several times every day my computer slows to a crawl and the Task Manager shows - CPU usage which generally continues for several minutes Usually when this happens a program named AUPDATE exe is on or maybe it is AUPDATES exe Several CPU Solved: Update 100% Automatic uses other programs also start that are not usually on I can t see a specific process that is taking up Solved: Automatic Update uses 100% CPU CPU but the total CPU usage bar at the bottom does confirm it The computer gets so slow that if Firefox or Word is open at the time the program freezes and I have to end it It was always set Solved: Automatic Update uses 100% CPU to only run once a day so I can t imagine why it ever ran several times a day I ve seen advice to apply a patch to svchost exe but I ve read that this patch often does nothing or makes the problem worse I did not want to stop updating my computer but considering this problem is so bad I turned off Automatic Updates Solved: Automatic Update uses 100% CPU in Control Panel Turning it off did not work AUPDATE exe still comes on several times a day and still sucks up all the CPU and or freezes other programs The setting is still Off so I don t know why it is not in fact off Is Automatic Updates not the same thing as AUPDATE exe Did I turn off the wrong program How do I make it stay off Or how else do I make this CPU-drain stop Is there some other fix besides turning off A U If A U stays off how else can I keep my computer updated and secure Is it really necessary to update the computer every day or every week anyway Isn t once a month enough Thanks EDIT It happened again third or fourth time today and I tried to observe some of the processes Sometimes LuCallbackProxy exe was using most of the CPU other times CCSVCHST exe used most of the CPU CPU remained above but switched rapidly between a large number of programs that opened along with AUPDATE exe When they closed the CPU went back to normal These were the same programs that open every time several named LuCallback exe and one with a name like quot wuault quot nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

When my computer starts up, instead of having the automatic update start, i get the following error. This also happens when i try to manually start the Updates.

A:automatic update problems

You have downloaded a program that contains spyware or adware. The spyware or adware has been removed but the program requires the spyware to be installed in order to run, without it you will get the Run Time error. This program runs on startup so you will have to uninstall the program that had the spyware associated with it. Run Msconfig from the Start > Run window and turn off the progam that you downloaded, or uninstall the program.

If you still cannot find the program do a search for files that contain the word "Backweb"
copy & pasted from a different site....
blasted spyware anyways !!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-problems.309169/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi! As i said automatic update is inactivated and i can't start it.

I have tried to update manually but it don't works.

I click Start > Windows Update and the i have to wait IE opens and it checks if I have the ActiveX thing that is needed and the i click " Advanced installation" and the I get this: (It's in swedish because I have Windows XP SP2 Swedish, just tell me if you want it traslated and i'll do my best)

Det har intr?ffat ett problem och den beg?rda sidan kan inte visas. Via l?nkarna nedan kan du s?ka information om problemet.

What shall I do?

A:Automatic Update Is Inactivated

Hi OliVaDid you get your Virtumonde problem solved?http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062When you say that Automatic Updates are disabled, have you been to Start>Control Panel>Automatic Updates and tried to set your preferences there?Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/152883/automatic-update-is-inactivated/
Relevancy 45.58%

I keep getting the following error message when these updates try to load. Machine was infected about a month ago but is appears to be clean.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168)
Security Update for .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.5 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB983583)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows 2000 and Windows XP (KB979906)

Can this be fixed?

A:Automatic Update failing

You've tried to manually download and install those updates?

I don't see an error message...

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344233/automatic-update-failing/
Relevancy 45.58%

Windows update Having noticed that no Automatic Updates have been sent for a while I Update Windows Automatic went to the Microsoft Update site using Explorer to download whatever I may not have received and manually install same After Microsoft runs the Check to see what s missing or words to that effect Windows Automatic Update I click on the EXPRESS get high-priority updates recommended button That brings up this message Error number x EFD The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view The options provided below might help you solve the problem Running through the Options provided leaves me totally in the dark Then I did some searching and found this site Microsoft Discussion Groups Home Communities Home Communities Worldwide Error number x EFD auto update wont work in Windows Update There I found this answer by one of the many that seem to have the same problem quot This will work Got it from another member ------------------------------------------------------------------- This is how I set Norton firewall so I can download updates and keep the firewall on-- In Internet Access Control go onto Microsoft Generic Host Process for Win Services if it isn t already there then add it by browsing for C WINDOWS system svchost exe select Modify Customize Internet Access or this application OK Add and add the following - Action Permit Internet Access Connections to and from other computers Computers Only the computers and sites listed below - Single Address - v windowsupdate microsoft com Communications What protocols TCP and UDP What types of communications or ports do you want to permit Only the types listed below remote http port remote https port Description Generic Host Proc - Windows Update or call it anything else you like NB re TCP and UDP - some sites say you only need TCP but I found you need both got port numbers from www jsiinc com SUBQ tip rh Windows Automatic Update htm Then go into Internet Explorer Windows Automatic Update Tools Internet Options Security highlight Trusted Sites click on Sites and in quot Add this Web site to the zone quot enter https v windowsupdate microsoft com NB https and important uncheck quot Require server verification https for all sites in this zone quot Tried the above on their own but found that both were necessary Log out of Windows account and back in or reboot for changes to take effect Hope this works for you too quot I do not use Norton firewall and even if I did I am not sure I would know how to run through all the info this chap gives but use Comodo Have contacted or tried to Comodo but so far no answer The Belarc Advisor tells me that these four items have not been found Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical Any ideas what my problem is and how to resolve it Still running W K Karingal nbsp

A:Windows Automatic Update

Try this link;
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836941
I use comodo v.2.4 on all 6 of my PC's and never once got that error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-automatic-update.747923/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all.For days now I have had a security update blocked or refused by my system. Every time I reboot I get this notice telling me to install this update - but then a notice appears saying it can't be done.I want to either install this update -- or stop it from appearing for installation every time I startup my computer.Thanks for any help.

A:An Automatic Update Is Being Blocked.

Which security update is it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/114326/an-automatic-update-is-being-blocked/
Relevancy 45.58%

I`m reinstalling a w2k OS and thought Id give the windows update automatic versiona try. Its been sitting at downloading updates 22% for an hour or more and using 90-99% of the cpu time every time I check it. Very difficult to do anything on the pc. Cant do a thing with the icon in the systray like change settings. Doesnt apprar to be a way to uninstall it . Manual updating all the fixes,patches, etc has been faster. Its using a 768dsl connection and a 3ghz processor with 468mb ram. Is this thing acting right? Should I call it a night and hope its finished in the morning?
definitely not hung- up to 26% now- just very slooooow I guess

A:Windows update automatic

Well, I don't know what service pack leve you installed at so it may need to install alot of fixes. Did you download SP4 first and load that before running Windows Update thru the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-automatic.677809/
Relevancy 45.58%

When I turned my computer off last night it started an automatic update. I noticed it was at 32% when I walked away.  This morning it looked like that update was stuck as it was still only at 32%. Not knowing what to do, I turned it off then when I turned it back on it said "The program can't start because LPK.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem."

Again, not knowing what to do, I tried to restore to before the update but the restore gets stuck at "system restore is initializing" forever.  After about 30 minutes, I shut it down.

At this point I'm sure I'll do more harm than good if I keep playing with it. I know NOTHING about stuff like this.  All I know is I can't open either IE or Firefox so I'm on my old PC asking for help.

Any suggestions?  Thank you!

A:LPK.dll is missing after automatic update

It never fails when you resort to asking for help, you no longer need it. I ran some other diagnositic thing during start up (not even sure I'm saying that right) and after like 30 mintues of that running, I'm back up. Thanks anyway!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510443/lpkdll-is-missing-after-automatic-update/
Relevancy 45.58%

I was attacked by a virus or malware of some sort and cannot get my Automatic Update to start anymore.

the BITS and Event log that Microsoft says that need to be running are running, but Automatic update will not start.

I get the following message when I say start:

"Cannot start the Automatic Update service on Local Computer. Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabledor because it has no enabled devices associted with it."

I have CA 2008 Suite Plus running on my computer.

Thanks for the help.

A:Automatic Update Will Not Start

Are you saying that you cant get the automatic update service to start?

If so, its most likely due to the infection you have there in your machine.

I recommend that you read this article… "Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps"; follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
(Simply, click on the coloured links to be re-directed.)

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum; not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps, if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to The HJT Help Forum; where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-will-not-start-252946.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello folks my problem s is this on various pc s all running on xp pro sp fully updated i am having a problem opening several sites such as download com yahoo mail etc when i try to open the site it takes ages and when they eventually open the display is all wrong ie the color is missing and it appears the page is laid out differently than usual all are virus and spyware free and well maintained with a variety of progs such as reg mechanic defender avg etc etc I have a suspicion the problem may be caused by a microshit update having read somewhere recently about a update problem???????????? possible automatic badly tested update released in auto updates but i cant recall where or what update was causing the problem and as the problem is with all pc s at the same time and i dont think ive done anything to cause it I have now removed microshits spyware update wga and turned off auto updates so i can check possible automatic update problem???????????? future updates before installing but i still need to find out which update is possibly causing the problem and chuck it out Of course i may be wrong and it may be somthing different causing the prob so if anybody s can help to resolve this prob please let me know and i will gladly supply any further info that may be needed thanks in advance Bill nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi . I have Windows 2000 Professional.....How do I turn off the automatic update stuff.....They weren't downloading well as I'm on a phone modem, and seemed to start over and over. So I went up on my Explorer and updated from there. Now they are still being downloaded????? I go to the control panel, but there is no way to turn them off....Is it ok if they download again??????????

A:Turn Off Automatic Update

327850 - How to configure and use Automatic Updates in Windows 2000

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-off-automatic-update.259064/
Relevancy 45.58%

hi i keep getting a windows automatic update alert for windows internet explorer needing new files to be downloading. each time I try to comply with the update I get an error message reading "Setup could not verify the integrity of the files needed for installation. Make sure the Cryptographic service is running on this computer." I am not sure what that means, could anybody help me with this problem? thanks.

A:Automatic Update Trouble

This explains it alot easier and clearer than I ever could. How To: Fix 'Cryptographic Service' error when installing Windows XP Updates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/120877/automatic-update-trouble/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am the resident IT rookie at a small k-4 to 12 school and have an issue with automatic updates on one PC. Running XP Pro. Automatic Updates is currently turned on and is set to download and install. The little yellow shield pops up and says there are updates ready for your computer. When I go to install, it eventually comes back with "Some updates could not be installed and then lists 1 that failed to install. "Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update (KB953297) It keeps coming back and says to install right after. Can't see anything that tells me why it does not install.

Running XP Pro Service Pack 3

Any suggestions?

A:automatic update issue

It's been awhile since I've ran into this issue so I'll tell you the best I remember. I went to microsoft updates ( not windows updates ) and tried to update one of the updates worked so that was cool but the other still failed. I clicked on Review updates history and found several of the same failed update listed but the one that kept coming up was also further down the list saying it installed, the microsoft tech just said to hide the update. You can also click on support while at the update site and they will help for free.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-issue.886590/
Relevancy 45.58%

Automatic updates for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update for .NET versions 2.0 through 3.5 (KB951847) x86 have been failing for the past week. The error code is:0x80070645.

This is my operating system

Relevancy 45.58%

the windows automatic update has turned off. there is this red shield icon on the system tray. if I try to turn it on in the security center a dialogue box appears. I dont know how to paste it here .. well, it says that security center cannot change this settings , do it manually, by going to system in control panel. please help me

A:windows automatic update..please help

I need more information: operating system? sp? what type of pc is this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-automatic-update-please-help-305406.html
Relevancy 45.58%

MSE seems to be working quite well in my XP Home Dell laptop machine Update Definitions Automatic MSE except for one thing It refuses to do an automatic update of the definitions I ve tried about everything I can find MSE Automatic Definitions Update on t he web about it Seems this MSE Automatic Definitions Update was real problem with the beta version but I can t find much about the released version in this regard Also it was not a consistent problem Some had it and some didn t The usual quot Microsoft is investigating quot was about the only answer I could find Some of the things I ve looked at and or have done Found BITS was disabled in services I probably did that way back when I was cleaning up things I switched it to quot Automatic quot According to this site BITS must be enabled which does indeed seem logical It s occurred to me that BITS was disabled when I installed MSE That s something I ll mull over Any thoughts My Windows Update is set to quot Notify quot after which I do the updates manually from the windows catalog site if I think I need it them I ve thought about setting to auto but I m loath to do so as I m on dialup and some updates I simple do not need In MSE quot Settings quot checked to update definitions before running a scheduled scan Didn t happen Didn t even run the scan See the second screen shot I ve attached a screen shot of the registry showing the signature updates entries I noticed the Scheduled date is set to and the time is set to Don t have a clear idea what that means but thought perhaps someone else might As always any and all thoughts ideas suggestions or questions are appreciated Raybro nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Virtually every time I go to shut my pc down it says it has 1 update to install. Is there any way to get rid of this ? also would it have anything to do with my antivirus is up for renewal in May and but has come up with a reminder for it now so I went for the remind me in 30 days option

A:constant automatic update

Go to Control Panel > automatic Updates . You will see a few choices . Make sure you select the one that performs the desired action . As long as the antivirus is updated and does regular scans it should be ok . If in doubt you can go to Housecall and do an online scan .

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/constant-automatic-update.815014/
Relevancy 45.58%

I had to reinstall WinXP 64 edition. The Automatic Update is not coming up anymore; it was before, and keep on alerting, even though I pressed download already on 90% of the updates. This is still service pack 1 so I guess it didn't download. I had restarted. Automatic Update service is on.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi
Lately every time I turn on my machine I get a notice saying update ready for your computer click to install yada yada, so I click and every time I get the same message "this setup will only install over an existing version of windows vm"...... now I don't have an existing version of Windows VM as I use I use Sun Micorsystem's VM instead any ideas on how to get rid of the message without turning off automatic updates??
Thanks in advance

Henry

A:automatic update problem

Have you tried customizing the way you recieve Windows Updates? Select"Notify me before downloading updates" Once your notified you have
the option to accept to proceed to download or decline.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-problem-102653.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Does anybody here know how to get Microsoft security essentials to update automatically it doesn't work for me, it would only update if i hit the update button on the client.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mse-automatic-update-problem.1099336/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,I have emachine 1500w win xp home computer, the automatic update doesn't work its on (automatic download and install the updates at 3:00pm)and there is an update at the Microsoft website I can find it by manual the windows update yesterday realized new windows update but its not downloading automatically.

A:automatic update problem

See what Microsoft have to say about it here http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/columns/russel/july23.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-problem.228826/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am constantly getting irritating pop ups from quot quot along with having a constant taskbar warning from windows that my automatic updates are off and whilst there is no way of making this go away control panel system and Automatic update ups pop issues Please help!!! is telling me they are on i have ran a scan with Malwarbytes which picked up and cleaned a few errors but both issues still remain i have now installed hijackthis on the advise given in a previous thread and in the hope someone can help here is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Please help!!! Automatic update issues and pop ups Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services Please help!!! Automatic update issues and pop ups exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files iPod Access for Windows iPAHelper exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TVersity Media Server MediaServer exe C Program Files Wireless LAN Utility Am cfg exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - AF- E - B-BA -A AF E E D - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO no name - A F- F - - - E F B E E - no file O - BHO no name - AB B - - D -ADBA-EA E D - no file O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files FlashGet getflash dll O - Toolbar no name - C D -ECB - b - -F DCC - no file O - HKLM Run Flashget C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe min O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Media Codec Update Service C Program Files Essentials Codec Pack update exe -silent O - HKLM Run prunnet quot C WINDOWS system prunnet exe quot O - HKLM Run b ef rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system hgbmygeq dll quot b O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run TuneUp MemOptimizer quot C Program Files TuneUp Utilities MemOptimizer exe quot autostart O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system CTFMON EXE User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CTFMON EXE C W... Read more

A:Please help!!! Automatic update issues and pop ups

Please guys!!?? Its driving me MAD!!! Here is the URL of the pop up that happens every 2-3 minutes if it helps...

http://url.adtrgt.com/cpv.jsp?p=110...id=&url=After&affid=166350&b42=0.0026&aid=520

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-automatic-update-issues-and-pop-ups.785325/
Relevancy 45.58%

Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB954430) will not install. I have tried it numerous times but it keeps showing up. even after restart or shutdown. Windows xp service pack 2 i think

A:automatic update won't download

To know what SP pack you have, Right click My Computer/Properties in the System Properties window you will see your OS (XP Home or Pro) and the SP level (hopefully 3) If not download SP3 first. If you still have problems installing the Security Update download the stand alone version

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-wont-download-560775.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm not sure what happened, but windows automatic update turned its self off for no reason. I just got the bubble popping up saying it was turned off. I checked system under control panel and it was checked as "automatic updates turned on". I turned it off, applied, then back on, applied, then okay. Reset the computer for good messure and nothing changed.

Anyway I can fix it?

Hope someone can help me out.

Regards
Danielle

A:Automatic Update turned off without cause

Welcome to TSF....

There is a possibility that you might have an infection of some kind that is causing this please do the following:

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article… ( "Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.)

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps";
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the
HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum;
not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can. .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-turned-off-without-cause-255097.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ok, this is driving me up the wall now.

This computer is a laptop with Windows XP w/ SP2. I have the automatic updates turned on. The problem is that it will pop up wanting to instal KB890830, which is a malicious software remover update. So I click install and it acts like it's installing it. Then I click close when it's done. WHAT HAPPENS NEXT is it will come pop up AGAIN about 10 to 20 MINUTES LATER!

This is most annoying, and I have no clue as to what could cause this. Thanks for help in advance!

A:Automatic update KB890830?

That specific update is corrupt in some way.

Control panel>add remove programs> check the show “all updates box”

Find that update and remove it, if it exists, Next

Start>run>services.msc (hit o.k) and stop “Automatic Updates” service.

Start>Run> cmd, (hit O.K.), then type:
rmdir /s %windir%\softwaredistribution

(removes update history list)

Restart the automatic updates service. That update will be re-installed the next time you go to auto updates

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-kb890830-102438.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I used Spybot- Search and Destroy and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware already I think the popups sort of stopped but I still can't turn AU on log Logfile of random's system information tool written by random random Run Update Problem Automatic by Helen at - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack System drive C has GB Automatic Update Problem free of GBTotal RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Automatic Update Problem Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService Automatic Update Problem exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC WINDOWS NewMixer exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Application Launcher Application Launcher exeC Program Files Google Gmail Notifier gnotify exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exeC PROGRA Symbian Shared SYMBIA SYMBIA EXEC Program Files Sony Ericsson Mobile Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exeC PROGRA Symbian Shared SYMBIA SCBAL exeC Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRuntime mRouterRuntime exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exeC Program Files Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avgnt exeC WINDOWS system msiexec exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Documents and Settings Helen Desktop RSIT exeC Program Files trend micro Helen exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name - D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - C WINDOWS system urqPiHax dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - no file O - BHO no name - C CCA - - CE-ABBA- FA E CEE - no file O - BHO no name - D A F AB- C - - AE- A - C WINDOWS system nnnoPJYR dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO no name - DFD A D- C E- A F- - E FBF - no file O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dllO - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dllO - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer C WINDOWS NewMixer exe startupO - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeO - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Star... Read more

A:Automatic Update Problem

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I may ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2Link 3Important!You should NOT use Combofix unless you have been instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is intended by its creator to be used under the guidance and supervision of an Malware Removal Expert, not for private use.Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Make sure that you save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/186575/automatic-update-problem/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I am using XP pro on a laptop and set it to install automatic updates during shutdown of the PC.

It is currently on update 10 of 15 (i dont know what the updates are).

However it has been on 10 of 15 for well over an hour now and there seems to be very little HDD activity. Yet the screen is not locked and still moves to the dont turn off text and the moving ... ... are still going.

Is there any way of interrrupting this or seeing what is being installed??

Otherwise do people think it has hung and needs to be shut off, will this cause any problems?

any help much appreciated.

A:XP Automatic update hanging

now been on 10 of 15 for over 2 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-automatic-update-hanging.798675/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am on Windows XP Professional, SP2. My windows automatic updates stopped working a month ago! When I update on demand (by clicking on control panel / automatic updates, Install from windows update, Internet Explorer opens http://windwsupdate.microsoft.com, but gets redirected automatically to www.MSN.com without checking/downloading the updates. I tried using all the options in "Automatic updates" from the Control Panel. I am using Spyware Doctor, Trend Micro internet security, trial version of Registry Mechanic, Windows firewall, CCleaner and Hijakthis. I did have a virus attack (Spy sheriff), but this problem may be unrelated. Can anyone please help me. I hope some one has run into this and knows what to do. From my PC, if I just go to the microsoft update website, I get redirected to MSN.com. Rob

A:Automatic Update Not Working

I did not see you list a antivirus program. You should be using ONE and several more antispyware programs. MicroSoft's firewall is inadequite. I am listing several program that you should consider. You did not list your hardware, and it is important in respect to ow much resources you have. Not enough memory can cause you to run low or out of resources with all the security software you should be running. For XP Pro, 512 mb of RAM is minimum. Run the utility Everest list below to see how you stand on RAM. Good luck and keep us posted.Antivirus (Run only one.)AVG Free Edition Antivirus (I personally use)Avast Home Edition Antivirus FreewareAntiVir Personal Edition Classic FreewareBitDefender 8 Free Edition AntiVirus FreewareAntispywareMicrosoft AntiSpyware Beta (2000,and XP only)SpybotAdAware SE Personal EditionEwido Security Suite - 14 day trial(2000, and XP only)A Squared FreeOnline scans Trendmicro's Housecall Panda's ActiveScan F-secure's Virus Scan SyGate's Trojan scanUtilitycCleanerEverest home (hardware and software information)Fresh Diagnose (Diagnostic and system resource)Memtest86 "A Stand-alone Memory Diagnostic"MicroSoft's Memory TestDigtal Dolly (Hard drive utility)www.bootdisk.comBIOS beep & POST codesFirewallsZone Alarm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/36589/automatic-update-not-working/
Relevancy 45.58%

My computer keeps trying to update itself every time it is turned on. The problem is that it can never finish the update and turns off then re-starts. This has been going on for about 1 week and I can never get past the update page, not even to log in. Does anyone have any advice?

Relevancy 45.58%

After reading a lot about XP SP I decided to download it by accepting the prompt in Windows Automatic Updates It indicated the file was mb The download SP2 Update Problems Automatic with XP via started Problems with XP SP2 via Automatic Update yesterday morning and now some hours later it s still going I have GB of free disc space mb of memory and am connected through a USB ADSL modem at Mps I ve spoken with Microsoft support times and each time I ve received slightly differing advice on how to fix things At this point all I want to do is stop the download Items attempted thus far as recommended by M S include disabling my firewall something they say is a must although I didn t see this in any of the stuff I reviewed before proceeding disabling automatic updates both in My Computer and in Services MSC deleting the files and folders the download appears to be going to in Windows Software Distribution Downloads which were created yesterday and contained mb just before I deleted them a few minutes ago Problem is the download continues Their final advice is to disconnect reboot in safe mode and download SP from a site link they provided At this point I m not confident that will stop the current download which their site knows it s started and hasn t completed During the hours mentioned earlier I was disconnected twice and every time I reconnected the download would continue so even if I have SP loaded and while having it may stop future prompts that I need it that is assuming I turn auto update back on I doubt it will kill a download Microsoft thinks is in process Any suggestions I ve contemplated restoring my system to where it was before this but again I suspect Microsoft will still see me the next time I sign on to the internet and continue downloading nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

I would like to disable the automatic update program for xp professional on my sys. How do i go about doing it?

Thank you
George

A:window xp automatic update

>Start button
>Control Panel
>Performance and Maintenance
>System

You can disable it in the "Automatic Updates" tab.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-xp-automatic-update.268523/
Relevancy 45.58%

I am using Windows XP SP and am signed up to receive Windows Automatic Updates Several days Automatic problem update ago they sent me Automatic update problem KB No matter what I do it won t install it is Automatic update problem just sitting on the task bar with the usual yellow shield exclamation mark I must have clicked on it and gone through the installation procedure a score of times Is there anyway I can install it or get rid of it Over the same period of time I have had intermittent trouble using the W C validation service but of course I don t know whether this is related to the Automatic Update problem or is coincidental I am developing an ebook in ePub which requires that the source HTML format be XHTML So when I have finished a chapter I check it against the W C validation service Usually the markup is shown to be valid but every - days a file which has been shown to be valid will be shown to be invalid - almost always because it is said to not have a doctype That is a file I checked yesterday and was valid is said to be invalid today even though I have not changed it in any way I could attach a file except that html is not in the list of valid file extensions Are these two problems connected How do I fix them Regards Alex nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

After a Problem Update Automatic massive infection stint with three weeks to clean up most of the problems I Automatic Update Problem finally gave up Automatic Update Problem and reformatted the hard drive on the desktop So far I have reinstalled twice and might have to go a third time I have Automatic Updates set to download automatically but notify me for install instructions SP was installed manually The problem is Automatic Updates are downloading but I am not being notified for Automatic Update Problem install instructions If I click the shield while Automatic Update is downloading then nothing happens At present I have a ton of d l ed upgrades just sitting there I know it did this same thing after the SP install the first time I am not sure but I think it installed SP this time too There might be a conflict with Eset Security Center and Automatic Updates I noticed my settings didn t change on the laptop but in Services msc Automatic Updates was set to automatic and BITS was set to disable I have fixed that and have not let SP install on the laptop just in case Before starting over again I figured I d see if there was a simple fix first

A:Automatic Update Problem

Were any of these installs...a clean install?

Or just repair installs where you hoped for the best?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/212500/automatic-update-problem/
Relevancy 45.58%

For about a week,I notice sometimes.My Automatic update on my security keeps shutting off.could it be my firewall?..if so.I dont know how to mess with it..sometimes I get locked out from websites.

Relevancy 45.58%

Greetings I have several computers with completely different setup and configuration I m always Update Windows Automatic formatting and installing everything from scratch including downloading all updates My goal is the following - gt Use Windows Update Site to find which updates a computer needs Automatic Windows Update but not downloading - gt Download only the updates that are not in a specified directory or drive and add them to the directory - gt Install automatically the required updates from a specified directory or drive This way I could avoid downloading repeteadly the same updates Is there any software that can help me to Automatic Windows Update this How can I download only the files the computer needs that are not present in a certain directory How can I install automatically updates already on the hard drive I guess this should be a common problem I hope it has some kind of straightfoward solution without need to write a big complicated html c parser or something like that Thanks beforehand Pedro Automatic Windows Update Vaz nbsp

A:Automatic Windows Update

A free program called Autopatcher may be what you are looking for. It contains all updates and is upgraded each month. It will do no harm to check it out here.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/AutoPatcher-XP.shtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-windows-update.451839/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi every body

Iam having Xp Service pack 2, I am having problem with my windows update, automatic update was showing error message "80070057 the parameter is incorrect". I have search through the web to solve this error. Some of them suggest to start BITS, Event log services first & then update will be successfull, some of them sugguest to register some dll files to the solve the problem. I have done everything, but it does not work for me., Anyone there to help me.

A:Automatic update error

hello ,

follow this link to see if it differs from what you have tried already

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f104...es-148753.html

also you may need to do this

do you have a Windows Xp cd, not the restore cd's that come with some systems, the cd will have the Windows logo & 3D hollowgram/image on it

if you do not maybe you can barrow one from a friend/family member/co-worker as long as it is the same version that is on your system

if you have (Windows XP Home Ed. sp2 ) then the cd will have to be that / if you have a cd with (Windows XP Home Ed. )you will have to slipstream (SP2 ) onto a disk that you create

this also applies to (Windows XP Professsional )

http://www.helpwithwindows.com/Windo...p2-bootcd.html

now if you do have the Windows XP cd with sp2 please follow these steps

--------------------------------------------

performing a (sfc) system file checker

It is a scan that checks the core files & dlls of the (os) operating system and replaces them if they are corrupt or missing with the correct original version

start

#1 then select (run) , then press enter
a window will open
#2 type in ( cmd ) then press enter
another window will open
#3 type in ( sfc )then press enter
another window will open
#4 type in (sfc /purgecache) then enter / your pc will work like crazy / this helps in rebuiding the cache file (notice the space between (sfc & /)
#5 type in (sfc /scannow ) then press enter ( notice the space between the (sfc & / )

now a scan will start , have your (Windows XP software disk ready ) your pc may ask for this disc when it starts or during the scan( so you must sit with the pc while this scan functions ) , if it does then incert the cd into one of your cd/rom/player's , your pc will then reconnize it and continue , you will then have to minimize the splash screen for the cd to see the scan , when the scan is finished you will need to close the cd and all open windows , then remove the cd

you will then need to do a ( Disk Cleanup ) , then empty the caches & temp files thru the (Internet Options) , then do a defrag

restart your pc

then do a defrag again after the reboot

then get back to us

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/automatic-update-error-228723.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello. When I turned on my computer this morning there was the familiar yellow exclamation point letting me know that there is an update available. I have gone through this update at least 3 times already this morning and the icon does not go away??? Here is a copy/paste of the latest update happening now:

Initializing installation... done!
Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2572073) (update 1 of 3)... done!
Installing Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB2633880) (update 2 of 3)...

Why won't the exclamation point go away after the update is done? I have rebooted once already. any ideas??

thanks.

A:automatic update icon does not go away??

I think you'll find these updates aren't working for anyone. I don't know what the solution is but I plan to look into it. Maybe try it at the Windows Update site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454479/automatic-update-icon-does-not-go-away/
Relevancy 45.58%

For the last 3/4 days when I shut down my computer -- I get in the shutdown windows box
this message -- Install updates and shut down -- I checked my updates history and it confirms
that I have recieved this update "KB929399" over 10 times already (Update for windows media
Format 11 SDK fpr Windows XP) -- I went into my control panel and removed this update but
upon closing down my computer it repeated the whole process once again. So I am back where
I started -- I went back into my updates history once again and had alook at the "Review and Install Updates".
Sure enough it shows that this update is ready to download and install again -- the funny thing is that the download
size is 0 kb, 0 minutes to download
Can someone please tell me how I can fix this problem

A:automatic update problems

Install it manually, don't use automatic updates.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257178/automatic-update-problems/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm having problems with an automatic update (Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)). I install it and a few minutes later, the notification icon alerts me that I have to install it again. There are no errors and when I review the update history, it says the installation was successful.

Things I've tried to fix the problem:
Install the update and reboot
Restart the automatic updates services
Deleted the windows\system\catroot2 folder
None of this has worked.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
Kristy

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I am having a problem whereby sometimes when i boot my computer up or log in, automatic updates crashes. I first get a box telling me that DEP has prevented it from opening as shown below:

When i press "Close Message", another popup box appears telling me that Windows has had to close the program as shown below:

This does not happen all the time, but happens enough to make it annoying. Some times when i press "send error report" or "Dont send", it then takes me back to the DEP screen and goes into an endless loop of crashing, other times i report it and its fine.
As a temporary fix, i told DEP to ignore Automatic updates, wuauclt.exe and wuauclt1.exe but this didn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex

A:Automatic Update Crash

Thanks for the help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-crash.578434/
Relevancy 45.58%

Approx two weeks ago I get an icon yellow lozenge on my System Tray showing that Windows Automatic Updates are ready for download I clicked on this icon to open the Automatic Updates window I clicked on quot Express Install quot to download them and found that approximately different updates were available The process begun installing them one after the other When it reached the th update update the process stopped and the PC freeze I tried the second update option i e quot Custom Install quot I checked all the boxes related to all the updates except in the box for the update process ran smoothly and ended successfully installing all the checked updates Now I have still this icon on my System Tray with this particular upgrade only one waiting to be downloaded I tried to do so using above process or directly from the package http www microsoft com downloads details aspx FamilyId B C Update Automatic Windows - D - F-AE -B BE D amp displaylang en but each Windows Automatic Update time the process start running and when it was approximately completed at of it according to the progress bar - the green process bar was at the of Windows Automatic Update its path the PC freeze I am running XP Pro with SP and had no problem either installing it some years ago or repairing it eight months ago Why all the updates have been successfully installed except this one

A:Windows Automatic Update

According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885626, 885626 is SP2 for Windows XP. Is this what you're trying to put into WinNT? Or is the same number used for something else in NT?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/76247/windows-automatic-update/
Relevancy 45.58%

Using Windows Update, I found that:

Security Update for Windows XP (KB944338)
or "MS08-022: Vulnerability in the VBScript and JScript scripting engines could allow remote code execution"

is failing to install. Upon every attempted installation, this is the only update that won't install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/automatic-update-failures.703738/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello!!

I recently install Win8.1 onto my laptop, and the default driver that comes with this install is a newest version, but it only support OpenGL 1.1. If I install an older version (the latest for my computer from the manufacturer's site), the supported OGL version is 2.1. But after a day, or two, the OS automatically installs the newer, but worse driver. Can I disable it somehow?

A:Automatic driver update

Welcome to Windows EightForums, robeez.

The only thing I can think of is to uncheck "Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update" in Windows Update settings. The fall back on this is that you won't receive other updates for other peripherals or devices, so therefore you must update them manually.

Someone may know another way.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/32429-automatic-driver-update.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, has anyone had problems with this automatic security update for Windows XP KB835732 (update 1 of 1 ).
I have tried several times to install but it never does, and I cant seem to get rid of it either , it just sits there reminding me I have updates ready to install.
It's been a couple of weeks now and I have'nt received a any of the usual updates which seemed to be a daily occurance before.
Please help if you can.

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I just wanted to say here on the forums that making the Windows update restart my computer automatically no matter what is ridiculous The last time the update had restarted my computer while I was using it I went and put the settings to the option of quot choose when to restart quot or 'ask me first' or whatnot Regardless of the fact that I consciously went and changed the setting so that it would not automatically update my computer it still does it The first time that it did it again it wasn't a big deal I checked the settings again and after some research learned that it would still probably restart my computer automatically without my say no matter what even though I had purposely changed the settings not to do so The first time this happened after I had changed the settings was not a big deal The second time yesterday morning however was To be short and not include the details I had a video job interview at am A very very impotant interview I turned on my computer around am booted it up Automatic Windows Update Restart and left it on When I came back to my Windows Update Automatic Restart computer around am Windows Update Automatic Restart I opened the video software and prepared to connect to recieve the call This was when Windows Update decided that it was more important to restart my computer and apply an update to Windows This update took around - minutes I never had an option to postpone or avoid this action I thought about holding the power but as most everything explicitly warns against turning off or restarting your computer while updating I didn't When my computer finally turned on again it was too late The interview was with the owner of the company and he did not have time to wait ten minutes not knowing when or if I would ever connect - especially while paying for expensive video calling overseas during his vacation I called my recruiter who called his boss who then contacted the owner but by then it was just too late I lost my opportunity and as a result this has cost me a very good job and has cost my family and I a good amount of money and we will most likely have to go through some hardships now because of it until I can get another job Now call me needy or tell me I don't know what is good for me but when I turn something on and leave it there I dont want it to be doing something and have plans to turn off for an extended amount of time without me giving the ok to do so I'm ok with the updates being automatically installed although the should be an option not to but to have the option to have it ask me before restarting and updating selecting that option and having the system still go ahead and restart anyways is unacceptable There should be a solution to this problem This should be fixed as soon as possible before what happened to me happens to anybody else and it will This shouldn't even exist as a problem because I should have the option and the right to choose whether my computer restarts NO MATTER WHAT -even if selecting the option can be harmful to me Please fix this

A:Windows Update Automatic Restart

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this. I just want my voice to be heard.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/50238-windows-update-automatic-restart.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,
Recently after activating my copy of Home Premium x64 a dialog box has been popping up saying that the automatic updates has stopped working. If I press close the program the dialog box comes back about half a minute later. The details of the crash are:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wuauclt.exe
Application Version: 7.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 4791a227
Fault Module Name: StackHash_2ea1
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000100000002d
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 2ea1
Additional Information 2: 0411f401154786662c220fbfdaf8b4f5
Additional Information 3: 16ba
Additional Information 4: 954b39dd611850a61426512ac5220bbc
I had to also change the date to get the activation to work as the computer was a few months behind. Is there anything I can do?
Thanks

Relevancy 45.15%

remember this? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150171/need-help-urgent-popups-ie-crasing-automatic-updates-wont-turn-on-hijack-this-log-included-arrrrh-need-help/I am having the exact same issue as aussie and I am curious if I should repeat the steps OldTimer had him do or if I need different advice.Thanks For Your Help, Dennis

A:Automatic Update turned off, crashing, pop ups!

DO NOT COPY STEPS FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S LOGWhile the symptoms might be similar to you, It is a totally different system. You should read the preparation guide:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/Then post your own log in the correct forum:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177129/automatic-update-turned-off-crashing-pop-ups/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have been trying to install windows update KB842773 and it keeps coming back as unsuccessfully installed, i have tried going direct to the windows update site and manually downloading it but i get the same result, i had a message saying 'Make sure cryptographic service is running on this computer'
I have checked this and it is running....any help would be gratefully recieved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/window-automatic-update-problem.268265/
Relevancy 45.15%

My screen started freaking out today. The display gets all wavy and weird and then it goes black, then after 10 seconds its back to normal then it goes haywire again. The only difference I have between yesterday and today is that I installed a windows automatic update. My computer has two different video chips, an integrated video card and a nvidia card. This problem only effects the nvidia but when I reboot using integrated video, I have no problems. I suspect something in the windows update is messing with my nvidia display drivers but I am not sure. How do I determine what the last automatic update was and remove it? Also, how do I make sure that that update never downloads again?

Relevancy 45.15%

Dear Forum Members:

When I click on Start>Control Panel>System>Automatic Updates ... the Turn on 'Automatic' setting is unchecked and grey (cannot be changed) and the 'Turn off Automatic' setting is checked and grey (cannot be changed). How can I get the Automatic' setting to turn back on?

I basically can't get Windows Updates anymore and cannot get a good install of IE 7 either.

How can I resolve these issues?

Thanks,

Casey

A:Windows Automatic Update : Not functioning

Hello Casey

Updates
Go here
Line 179 right hand side

Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it and answer yes to the import prompt

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-automatic-update-not-functioning-236058.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have my computer set up to automatically detect Windows XP updates and download them. Updates install when you shut down.

Recently a bunch of downloads occurred but one of them did not get installed due to a missing file (message came from the MS update system). Now, everytime I shutdown, that update attempts to install and stops with the same error that requires a manual response from me.

How do I tell Windows to stop trying to install that update. I want to maintain the auto-update feature but want to get rid of just that one that is not working. I can shut down without the install attempting (option in the shut down window) but I want to get rid of it altogether. I can't find the files or commands that trigger the update on shutdown. Registry entry maybe?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Relevancy 45.15%

I seem to have come down with a persistent case of Virtumonde There don't seem to be that many affected files but I tend to err on the side of caution On top of that my Virtumonde Problems Automatic Update & Automatic Updates are disabling on their own Here is my log I hope I'm doing this right Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Mea S on - - Virtumonde & Automatic Update Problems Computer is in Normal Mode --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Percentage of Memory in Use more than Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- Virtumonde & Automatic Update Problems HijackThis run as Mea S exe -----------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxCfg exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxFwHlp exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxPol exeC Program Files CA SharedComponents HIPSEngine UmxAgent exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus ISafe exeC Program Files CA SharedComponents PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus VetMsg exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfsem exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite ccprovsp exeC WINDOWS system Rundll exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware CAPPActiveProtection exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spyware PPCtlPriv exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Mea S Desktop dss exeC PROGRA TRENDM HIJACK MEAS EXER - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www optonline netR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www optonline netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www optonline netO - BHO no name - A B- B C- DF-B - E CB - C WINDOWS system fccArsTK dll file missing O - BHO BitComet ClickCapture - F E - A- B A-BCAF- B BFDFEA - C Program Files BitComet tools BitCometBHO dllO - BHO no name - CA - - C - D - DBAD C E - C WINDOWS system byXQGxXq dllO - BHO no name - - FC - - - C A E - C WINDOWS system opnnnNdE dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO a ca b- d -cdcb-daf - bcbdfc - cfd-bcb - fad-bcdc- d b ac a - C WINDOWS system nmbevgmi dllO - BHO no name - B CDC -BA - DA -A - BD F E D - C WINDOWS system ljJBuuvu dll file missing O - Toolbar CA Toolbar - -E AF- AC -A DC-C C BB D - C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Website Inspector WebsiteInspector Toolbar CallingIDIE dllO - HKLM Run cctray quot C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite cctray cctray exe quot O - HKLM Run CAVRID quot C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Virus CAVRID exe quot O - HKLM Run QOELOADER quot C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Anti-Spam QSP- QOELoader exe quot O - HKLM Run cafw C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall cafw exe -clO - HKLM Run capfasem C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfasem exeO - HKLM Run capfupgrade C Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Personal Firewall capfupgrade exeO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot... Read more

A:Virtumonde & Automatic Update Problems

Hello Deadlydiva and welcome to BleepingComputer,1. * Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tabUnder Browsing History, click Delete. Click Delete Files, Delete cookies and Delete historyClick Close below.* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):Go to Tools > Options.Click Privacy in the menu..Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.Select all and click the Clear button again.Click OK to close the Options window* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok. Let it scan your system for files to remove. Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.Press OK to remove them.2. Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or HereDoubleclick mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a fresh HijackThis log.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.3. Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofixPlease ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first (not for Windows Vista users !).The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery mode, in case your computer has a problem after an attempted removal of malware. This allows us to help you. (WinXP SP3 users, please download the appropriate SP2 file, Home or Pro, to install the RC)In the event you already have Combofix, delete your current version and download the latest version as described in the tutorial.It must be saved directly to your desktop.Note: Make sure not to click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze.Please post the log from ComboFix (can also be found as C:\ComboFix.txt) in your next reply. If you have any questions along the way, STOP and ask them before proceeding !!Greetings,Thunder

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153694/virtumonde-automatic-update-problems/
Relevancy 45.15%

days ago as I was surfing the internet some windows opened prompting me to download some updates I thought it was just a pop ups hence I canceled the process and without with Help:Problem Update Please Automatic Windows paying much attention to what updates these Please Help:Problem with Windows Automatic Update were Since then when my Windows Automatic Update appears inactivated red and I receive the message that it s inactivated when I start the computer or want to surf the internet when I open the Windows Automatic Update window to activate it the automatic update window is Please Help:Problem with Windows Automatic Update already selected And when I click on okay to automatic update Nothing changes That is the Automatic Update remains inactivated I have tried going to the services msc But this operation is not allowed on my computer However using MS Configuration I was able to see that everything is activated I am Using Windows Xp and the language in my computer is German Please assist I have installed the hijack this program below is the log on Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINXP System smss exe C WINXP system winlogon exe C WINXP system services exe C WINXP system lsass exe C WINXP system svchost exe C WINXP System svchost exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINXP system spoolsv exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Programme Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINXP SYSTEM DNTUS EXE C WINXP SYSTEM DWRCS EXE C Programme Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Programme Hotspot Shield bin openvpnas exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Programme Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C WINXP system svchost exe C WINXP SYSTEM DWRCST exe C WINXP system wscntfy exe C WINXP Explorer EXE C WINXP SOUNDMAN EXE C WINXP system RunDll exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Programme CEZEO software LanTalk NET LanTalk exe C Programme Invisible IP Map InvisibleIP exe C Programme Java jre bin jusched exe C Programme iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINXP system ctfmon exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Programme Veoh Networks Veoh VeohClient exe C Programme Windows Live Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Programme iPod bin iPodService exe C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINXP system rundll exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http derstandard at R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http de yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http de yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programme Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Norton-Symbolleiste anzeigen - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Programme Gemeinsame Dateien Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Programme Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Programme Veoh Network... Read more

A:Please Help:Problem with Windows Automatic Update

Ps I forgot to include that when I open firefox, there are some times black pop ups windows appearing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-problem-with-windows-automatic-update.782480/