Windows Support Forum

Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

Q: Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

Hi all I Acer update 8935g driver screen GPU blank after recently updated the driver for the Ati card in my laptop during the installation the screen had gone blank and has stayed that way ever since But first heres a back story I started having trouble with the laptop a few months ago when I assume the ati card had overheated and caused the screen to flicker this laptop comes with an Intel card also which you can switch to by pressing the power save button near the keyboard The intel card ran just fine and if I output the video through hdmi the ati card would work fine also Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update which led me to Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update believe that there maybe an issue with the screen Also if I kept pressing the power save button and switching between cards the ati card would eventually begin to work normally on the laptops screen I wanted to update my drivers today as they were a couple of years old I had trouble installing them in the past as there was a conflict between both gpu cards so I became frustrated and left it I used Ati s auto detect tool and it began to install the new drivers when the screen went blank I thought this was normal during a driver update but I left the laptop running and it stayed that way for over an hour So I turned the laptop off using the main power button Probably wasnt a good idea I imagine Now the screen just stays blank even if I try to switch to the intel card Any help on this issue will be much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Acer 8935g screen blank after GPU driver update

It might be the inverter or the backlight for the LCD. Have you tried using the HDMI output on both cards if the Intel integrated supports HDMI out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-8935g-screen-blank-after-gpu-driver-update.184711/
Relevancy 75.25%

This is my first post so hope I am not breaking any rules This will be of interest to UK owners of this laptop In June I bought above laptop as it was on offer for First of all I had to return it for replacement because the Blu-ray didn't work and I found out it was a common problem Then I had to return the nd laptop because there was a fault with the ATI Radeon HD and I found from this forum that it was a common problem I did try to fix the problem myself first Now the retailer says that they will not be replacing it again as 'it's the best solution for the company' Being an IT support person myself I got quite friendly with the senior engineer from the company and he told me that there were 'quite a few' laptops that were returned with the same ATI problem Also I paid extra to Acer 904G50Bn 8935G Aspire have Windows -bit installed and I also bought an extended Acer Aspire 8935G 904G50Bn Acer year warranty However the retailer made a mistake when I 'phoned once and put me through to Acer Tech Support They were useless anyway because when I told them about the graphics problem and I gave them all the details from the error and Acer Aspire 8935G 904G50Bn diagnostic logs they told me it was a software problem and to re-install Windows But I also found out that the extended warranty was Acer Aspire 8935G 904G50Bn useless Apparently because the laptop originally was pre-installed with Windows Vista and even though Windows was installed as part of the purchase it's not covered If any UK owners have paid extra for W or bit and then taken out an extended warranty beware W is not covered on the warranty only Vista So I'm wondering if there are any other G Quad Core owners out there who have had the same Blu-ray or ATI problem as me and whether it is being sold at half price because Acer know the processor graphics combination is faulty

A:Acer Aspire 8935G 904G50Bn

I'm not a fan of Acer. Here is a recent poll of which vendors make the worst notebooks:

Poll: Which PC vendor makes the worst laptops? | Tech Sanity Check | TechRepublic.com

Acer was the worst, although it was not a representative poll. I'm sorry you've had these problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104954-acer-aspire-8935g-904g50bn.html
Relevancy 75.25%

A very good day to all of you Ben here and I would like to seek help regarding a persisting BSOD issue on my Aspire G laptop My laptop specs are Intel Core Quad GHZ ATI Mobility Radeon HD MB Hyper Memory GB Memory GB HDD Windows Vista The Problem Basically I bought this laptop on the impression that it might work fine as a office laptop and for some gaming purposes However I installed certain games Starcraft II Battlefield BC and several other games and whenever I activated quot High Performance quot setting on the power plan upon entering the respective games I would encounter a BSOD ending with F However if I were to change the power plan to Acer 8935G Aspire BSOD either quot Balanced quot or quot Power Saver quot the BSOD issue would stop I realised the key factor is Acer Aspire 8935G BSOD the setting in the power options under quot ATI Powerplay Settings quot I m currently on plugged in and the setting has to be on quot Optimal Battery Life quot for the BSOD not to occur during games However the games running would be extremely sluggish and does not serve the purpose of gaming at all I searched for various methods that could possibly help me get a solution regarding this issue and have been to no avail At the very beginning I thought it was a mere overheat issue I tried blowing a fan toward the laptop and it did not help Also I tried updating drivers for the crucial hardware video and sound but it still persisted I tried certain underclocking or overclocking techniques that I read up on some forums still it did not solve the problem Eventually I sent my laptop to the Acer repair told them about the problem They changed the thermal paste formatted the entire harddisk and STILL after installing games the BSOD with F ending came up So right now I m pretty much at my wits end and I m still trying to fix this issue albeit a lack of motivation Please also note that I m pretty new at doing such fixes and may not really know the jargons that you guys would use frequently Sorry but please be patient with me Anyway hope that someone could help me with this issue at solving the BSOD and I would truly be extremely grateful Cheers Ben nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-8935g-bsod.1008731/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi
Until today my Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop has been working fine when coupled with a Dell D3100 Docking Station allowing me to plug in a larger Acer monitor. That is until I kept getting a Dell Update window popping up telling that an Intel HD 5500 graphics driver update was available.
I ignored this several times until I finally got sick of it and foolishly clicked on update driver. Unfortunately this resulted in a blank screen on both the laptop and the external monitor that was connected via the graphics port on the docking station/port replicator.
The only way to get it working again is to disconnect the docking station which then allows the laptop screen to start functioning again.
If I go into device manager the option to rollback the driver for the display adapter is greyed out. How do I remove this Dell suggested driver update so that the docking station works again?
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19983808
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi Aspire Mice RF Acer with New 8935G-904G50Bn all I ve just purchased a brand new Acer Aspire G- G Bn which I RF Mice with New Acer Aspire 8935G-904G50Bn believe have only been released this month and are RF Mice with New Acer Aspire 8935G-904G50Bn supposedly state of the art - but so far I m deeply unimpressed Firstly has anyone ever had any issues with a laptop screen whereby they can see little green dots forming into lines vertically down the screen almost like you can see the pixels refreshing If so is this a fault or is there something I can do about it One thing worth mentioning is that I ve checked the device manager for this laptop and it s arrived with quot Generic PnP Monitors quot in the device manager that can t be right The thing that makes this issue strange is that it s not quot constant quot either Sometimes the screen looks perfect Secondly it it supposed to have an RF unit built into it - but I can t find a quot connect quot button anywhere on it that I should push in to have my for example optical wireless RF mouse connect to it Is there somewhere in Vista that allows me to look for connecting RF devices or does anyone know where this RF connect button may be on the laptop Finally it makes an incredibly annoying high-pitched scream noise that you can t hear if you re more than feet away that makes my ears ring like crazy anyone have any ideas what this might be I appreciate that this might be a bit of a long-shot but I hope someone has some ideas they could bounce off me Ta Craig nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rf-mice-with-new-acer-aspire-8935g-904g50bn.838597/
Relevancy 62.35%

I m sorry if it has been talked or solved somewhere before you can delete this but please help give me the link to it I have an acer aspire one -C netbook When i turned it on the little led shows it s on no sound at all Only blank screen with that small underscore blinking I brought it to a counter they said i need to get a new hard disk had the same Acer screen one Aspire help blank problem with my moms acer happy which fixed with new hdd so i went to get new hd replaced the old one and it won Acer Aspire one blank screen help t load to bios using a usb stick My friend tested the hd with that usb himself and said the hd worked fine I don t know much about this stuff all i know is that i need to install operating system to my new hard disk but i can t even access bios I m afraid that i must spent more on motherboard or something Please help me as soon nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-blank-screen-help.1167141/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, I need some help, I have an acer aspire 5745g laptop which is only about 6 months old and it just wont work properly. It was freezing and turning itself off yesterday.
This morning it wasn't so bad but all of a sudden it shut down and when i turned it on it came up with the acer screen with press F2 go to set up in the bottom left hand corner, but then it went to a black screen with YY on the top left corner.
My virus protection is up to date and i did a scan this morn which came up clean.
I havent been able to find anything on the net to fix this problem. I cant even restore the factory settings. It is driving me mad, I would very much appreciate any help i can get.

A:My Acer laptop has a blank screen

If it is still under warranty have it checked. With limited info I could only suspect the following:

Battery/Charger failure
Overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-acer-laptop-has-a-blank-screen.170329/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi All Acer Z Vista Home Premium I was doing a Restore last night and I think there was Acer blank Aspire screen HELP!! a brief power outage battery removed waiting on new one as the Restore never finished After three hours I turned the thing off figuring it Acer Aspire blank screen HELP!! would go to Recovery in the morning Not so I get the Acer sign on screen I can hold F and go into setup I get the quot Microsoft Corporation quot start up progress bar then a blank screen I Acer Aspire blank screen HELP!! get a mouse cursor that works and the blank screen powers off after minutes as planned in Power Management Holding F for Safe Mode during start up does not work I cannot see the laptop on the network but Vista does not allow that until someone is logged in I have tried blind-typing in the password but that does nothing No disk activity so I am not sure where it is at in the boot process I have the instructions for the factory recovery from the PQService partition and the question is if I use that will it remove all of the stuff on the computer or will it just refresh Vista The laptop appears to be running When I press the off switch it does a lot of disk activity for about seconds and then shuts down My first guess is a video driver issue although the mouse is visible and works fine and looks to be at the correct resolution I do not want to do the big-axe PQService approach yet as I have not backed up in two days Yeah I know I know I deserve this I have a full image from about a week back and a Boot USB but again I want to exhaust the soft approach to recovery Any help gratefully received Cary nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys,

appologies if this is no the right section.

I have an Acer Aspire 2930 which has a blank screen, the laptop seems to start up - but nothing appears on the screen, tried with hdd without hdd, new ram, new power.

I've read about this problem with the aspire one notebooks and the flashing of the bios but I can't find any relevant docs for the 2930.

I downloaded the bios from acer but its not in the same format as everyone describes its just one .exe file.

Has anyone got any knowledge of this error or even a fix?

If so i'd be very grateful.

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 2930 Blank Screen

Shine a flash light into the screen do you see a faint image of the desktop? Can you boot into Setup (Bios) if not, have you tried a separate monitor
Transfer dispaly to external monitor - FixYa

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-2930-blank-screen-660757.html
Relevancy 61.49%

When u turn it on it goes onto the acer enpowering bit then says windows is loading files then just goes onto a black screen. after quite a while it then goes to a blue screen with a moveable curser. does this mean its probably crashed and not an actual computer fault, we have only had it 2 months.

ANY IDEAS?

A:acer with windows 7 (blank screen)uummm!!

Hi if you have a install or recovery disc you can try running a repair form it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-with-windows-7-blank-screen-uummm.894070/
Relevancy 61.49%

i've recently replaced the motherboard in my U5-610 computer because the old one fried all of a sudden, and it powers up just fine, but all i get is a blank screen. i have tried to look all over the internet for a problem like this but i haven't gotten anything except reviews for the unit as a whole. any suggestions as to what i can do?

A:Acer Aspire U5-610 has a blank screen after poweri...

Sorry your having problems with your system....  So when you say that you replaced your MB, You bought a used or NEW MB of like Acer Kind? INstalled your hardware on your new MB, Going off the system I know,,,  YOu took out the old MB, Removed the 16gb Ram, i7 CPU disconnected all the SATA, Your GTX760M GPU. Then installed your NEW (Same part # MB) back in your case, INstalled all items removed, RAM, CPU, sata Cables, the GPU, put it all back with wires to where they were on the old MB Put everything back together, Rebooted your system into Bios? So your system can update the bios with hardware that you have from the old system.... Saved Bios and then tried to load your windows or What ever (OS) your using? Can you see the Acer Logo at start up? Can you load Bios? If you have done them things. The hardest part is have you tried to do a system Restore? I guess by now I would assume you have had this back up and running? Sorry I don't get to the ALL-In-One section to often..  James

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/Acer-Aspire-U5-610-has-a-blank-screen-after-powering-up/td-p/397854/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi I m a student who is currently home for the holidays blank problem: screen Acer laptop and I Acer laptop problem: blank screen m having a problem with my laptop When I first tried using my Acer Travelmate the Acer laptop problem: blank screen computer would freeze in the middle of using a program and I would have to restart This happened several times until finally the screen just remains completely blank when I turn it on The computer starts up but the screen is just dead The last time I was home I had the same problem with the laptop freezing up but the screen never went dead not from what I can remember For some reason when I took it back to school it started working again I thought at first that it may have something to do with the battery pack I left the computer unplugged while using it for awhile and as soon as I plugged it back in it froze up I m wondering maybe if it is a simple virus I really cannot afford to get it fixed if it s a major problem the warranty just ran out I would really appreciate any advice you can offer Thanks so much nbsp

A:Acer laptop problem: blank screen

did you get info on your blank screen problem, I have the same that justed happen to me.Dan

Wat is the answer to this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-problem-blank-screen.40505/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hey guys,i have a acer aspire 4738G laptop and i've been experiencing some issues with this lappy lately..

When i turn it on,once the fan start spinning much more faster,the screen goes blank for like 3sec and comes back..something like the win 7 aero problem or something..

Help would be good
Thanks.

A:Why does my Acer Laptop screen goes blank and comes back on?

Please describe accurately your issue, I can't understand

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/309617-why-does-my-acer-laptop-screen-goes-blank-comes-back.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I just wanna share with everyone startup. Screen 8 Blank at Win AX3470 - Acer this incident that happened to Acer AX3470 Win 8 - Blank Screen at startup. me today I turned on my PC and it was stuck on logo screen for almost mins so I decided to force power it off by holding down the power button I know that this may Acer AX3470 Win 8 - Blank Screen at startup. lead to a problem but I didn't have a choice Then when I turn the power back on the fan started and the front light is working but nothing happens after that just a blank screen Acer AX3470 Win 8 - Blank Screen at startup. And when you press the power button once quickly it powers off This is not an OS related issue that would require some recovery or restoration or rescue disk solution because when I get it to turn back on everything is ok No errors reported It's just that the machine can't proceed with the next boot up step and got stuck I called Acer and they have what they call quot Power Drain quot solution Some of you may have encountered this before but I thought I'd put it here Here are the steps Turn off computer and unplug power cord Disconnect everything except monitor mouse and keyboard Press power button and hold for seconds Plug power cord back into computer and press power button Check front panel LEDs lights on bezel front face or optical drives and listen for power supply fan If LEDs are on or power supply fan starts spinning watch for boot screen on monitor If computer begins to start turn it off Reconnect any external devices Press the power button and make sure the computer starts My HTPC is back to normal without any OS errors encountered Cheers

A:Acer AX3470 Win 8 - Blank Screen at startup.

Hi No Problems Just Would You Please Change This Post To Solved.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/24633-acer-ax3470-win-8-blank-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Aspire E1-572 has blank screen. Running Windows 7. Acer logo comes up but then all blank. Checked battery is OK. Can get to System menus by tapping F2 or F12 or F8 but screen is still blank. Please help!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-E1-572-has-blank-screen-Acer-logo-comes-up-but-then-all/td-p/439318/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.49%

Whenever I turn the notebook on, it comes on but the screen stays black. What could the problem be? I have also tried using an external monitor but nothing helps.

A:Acer notebook turns on but screen is blank

the model of laptop?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-notebook-turns-on-but-screen-is-blank.123341/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, I have an Acer Aspire laptop which has recently stopped booting up. It doesn't display anything when powered on. I know it is not a problem with windows because it doesn't even display the Bios boot screen. Why is this? The fans start but I cant hear the hard drive. Please help

Thanks

A:Acer Laptop Will Not Boot (Blank Screen)

If it doesn't display the BIOS screen, then there's something seriously wrong here.
What does it do when it boots? Does it beep? If so what are the beeps (long/short, number of beeps)?
Can you hear the hard drive running? If you put a CD/DVD in the tray, can you hear it trying to access it? Do any of the lights flash? If so, which ones?

Have you tried it without the battery?
Have you tried it after removing the battery and ac adapter - then hold the power button down for 30 seconds, then put the power in and try to start it?
Have you tried booting it with an external monitor attached?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33443-acer-laptop-will-not-boot-blank-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi guys, Been looking around the forums but not found a solution to my frustrating problem. I've got an Acer Aspire desktop M1610, Windows Vista, 32 bit operating system.

I turn the computer on. As it begins to load the screen goes blank and remains that way. If i run the comp in safe mode it operates fine.

Can this problem be resolved?

Thanks in advance!

A:[SOLVED] Acer Aspire - Blank screen! Please help!

hello
have you tried a clean boot.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-acer-aspire-blank-screen-please-help-451587.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I have an Acer Aspire 5732Z laptop, bought in 2010, which has worked well until a last week. When I power on the laptop, lights come on on the laptop & keyboard, on one occasion 'Acer' flashed up on the screen but on all other attempts the screen just turns dark blue and nothing else happens. Any ideas on what could cause this? And any ideas how I could get the laptop looked at/fixed affordably. Thanks 

A:why is my Acer Aspire 5732Z screen blank

Your laptop is way out of warranty. First thing. Hold down the alt and the F-10 key and push the power button (have someone push it or use a pencil in your mouth) and don't let go of the Alt and F-10 until Recovery starts or it's obvious nothing is happening.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/why-is-my-Acer-Aspire-5732Z-screen-blank/td-p/422847/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.06%

My Acer travelmate 2304LCi suddenly has a blank screen on starting. I have tried an external monitor but it is the same. The screen is just black, nothing on it at all.It was all working last time i used it about 2 month ago. Can anyone offer any helpful suggestions?

I can hear the disk spinning up for bout 30 seconds.
The fan spins for about the same time.
The battery charging light is on.

I have tried a different power adaptor.
I have held the on button down for 60+ seconds whilst without battery or mains power.
i have tried with the RAM removed

Any help appreciated. Thanks

A:Acer Travelmate 2300 blank screen problem

How old is the hard drive in that unit? You may have a hard drive failure, or memory failure, screen failure, bad power socket, or other hardware problem that will require some help from a technician, or someone experienced with repairing laptops.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-travelmate-2300-blank-screen-problem.177373/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi guys, it was working yesterday but today when I turn my laptop, it shows black screen, power lights up and fan spining.. I tried everything I can.

I nid it for work, please help. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396706-help-fix-black-blank-screen-acer-aspire-1830tz.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,
My Acer Aspire 7000 laptop running windows xp started showing a blank greyish/white screen recently. When I press the power button, the screen shows the Acer splash screen and then shows the blank greyish/white screen where it stays. It does not get to windows screen at all. I went into the BIOS to check and the settings are okay.
I connected the laptop to an external monitor and it showed the same things. First, the Acer splash screen and then blank screen. I checked the video cables connectors to make sure they were connected and still white screen. I tried to get into safe mode but I could not because it could load only up to "windows\system 32\drivers\isa pnp.sys". Please someone help me solve this problem.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hey guys.

so i have a 2 month old acer aspire laptop. it's os is windows 7. I have been using this compute with absolutey no issues. However today i dropped it by accident & when i turned it on it loads normally by saying acer and than it says loading windows field. after that it just turns into a black screen.

i have a huge essay to start and knoe my computer isn't working. i am offering $70 to anyone who helps me successfully solve the issue.

thanks

A:URGENT PLEASE!!!!!!ACER ASPIRE TURNS ON BUT SCREEN IS BLANK

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

The computer just sits at the loading screen?

Do you have your Windows 7 CD?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/urgent-please-acer-aspire-turns-on-but-screen-is-blank-671054.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My laptop is pretty new and still bootup at Acer screen 5738z blank Aspire under warranty but i m hoping it s an issue I can fix myself Basically when the laptop is turned on or restarted it stops at a completely blank screen the lights around Acer Aspire 5738z screen blank at bootup the power on button and the other lights around the laptop come on but nothing happens with the screen no flickering cursors like i ve seen Acer Aspire 5738z screen blank at bootup mentioned elsewhere The led for the hard drive flickers up but stops I get a whirr from the dvd drive as well but no activity with the screen what so ever I did attach another monitor to the laptop and when I did so the hard drive led flickered into life and then shortly after the screen of my laptop started to work lighting up I believe that would be the backlight coming on though I don t see the normal loading windows vista bar on the laptop screen but I do on the external monitor then the normal login screen appears and everything is fine with the laptop thereafter The external monitor can be safely removed and I won t have issues again until I either have to turn of the laptop or restart it I have a feeling it might be a faulty bios loading things up in the wrong order though I don t understand how attaching the external monitor corrects this Anyway any help would be very much appreciated as I would rather try and sort it myself than go through sending it back to the manufacturer nbsp

Relevancy 59.77%

I did a clean install of windows x but When I load the Nvidia drivers for GIGABYTE GV-NX G P-RH GeForce GS video driver Monitor blank update after card windows will not boot It will boot fine in Monitor blank after driver update safe mode and normal with the standard VGA driver but as soon as it installs the Nvidia driver and reboots it will show the loading screen for windows and then the monitor will shut off I feel that windows is still running in the background but just not appearing on the screen The computer continues to run but leaves me staring at a black screen with an amber power LED as if the monitor no longer recognizes that it is even connected I have tried it with two seperate monitors on the VGA and HDMI side with the same results System Specs CPU AMD Athlon x Dual Core Processor Motherboard A N -SLI Deluxe Video Monitor blank after driver update Card GIGABYTE Monitor blank after driver update GV-NX G P-RH GeForce GS Power Supply Roswell LC- BTX W Ram Adata MDOAD G I YOK E DDR GX G in total Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s nbsp

A:Monitor blank after driver update

Although you say you`re using the 64 bit version, you don`t say whether it`s XP, Vista, Win 7 or Win 8 but the same advice applies ... you must use the correct driver for whichever system you`re running.

As far as I can see you should use 301.42 for XP, Win 7 and Vista and Win 8 uses 296.17 but if you follow the link below, you can fill in the appropriate information just to make sure.

Jenny

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-blank-after-driver-update.1055953/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have had this computer just over a month. I put it in sleep mode yesterday. When I got up this morning, the screen stayed black and the power button was lit. When I held the power button down to try to force the computer to shut off, it would not shut off.
I use mozilla firefox when I am on the internet.

A:Acer Aspire 5251-1513 Win7 Blank Screen and Won't Turn Off

Remove the battery and unplug it from the wall.

Then put the cord and battery back in and try to boot.
What happens then?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5251-1513-win7-blank-screen-and-wont-turn-off-516923.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I has an Acer Aspire 6930 that will not boot into Windows Vista 32bit. When I power it up, it goes through BIOS and then freezes at a blank screen with a flashing cursor. I've tried doing a system restore, but end up with the same problem. I've tried changing the boot sequence and tried booting from a USB flash drive, and a cd-rom drive with [email protected] installed... but the system still freezes at a blank screen with the blinking cursor. There's also a faint repetitive noise as well, however I can't tell if it's the hard drive or not. The laptop is out of warranty, so Acer isn't willing to do anything without a $200 fee. Any suggestions on what could be the problem, or how to troubleshoot this issue?

A:Solved: Acer Aspire 6930 hangs at blank screen with a blinking cursor

Okay, so I found the problem. The hard drive went bad. Spindle froze and the PCB went bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-6930-hangs-at-blank-screen-with-a-blinking-cursor.1006923/
Relevancy 58.48%

hi everyone. so i check my graphic card version in my acer aspire e15 e5. it was 10 but in intel website is 15. there is a big difference between driver versions. download drivers from intel and start install. when almost install done its give me error. its said about manufactor and permission. after that i delete the graphic driver and install again. this time there was no error BUT when i check my driver version it was still the same one. i mean i try install 15 but its looks 10. i called acer they said they gonna charge me 65. which it was robbery thats why i said no. so please i need help.

A:acer aspire hd 4400 driver update problem

Unless you want a particular advantage from v15, don't worry about it.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/acer-aspire-hd-4400-driver-update-problem-4603802/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I am new here Once in a while once a day for the past days my computer screen goes blank black and everything freezes Once it happened while I had a song playing and the music kept going for another seconds or so until it freezes and makes a buzzing sound I had this problem before in the past but it disappeared goes blank screen Driver crashes - when I created a new profile because my old one got corrupted due to the crashes I believe it is my display driver that crashes as in the past it has recovered once and it said it was the display driver that stopped working Driver crashes - screen goes blank I believe I have the most up to date drivers as I went to device manager and clicked update and it noted that I have the most up to date drivers on my video card These crashes happen when I am browsing the web and not playing video games I am running on Intel reg Core i - GHz gb RAM on a bit Operating system Windows Any ideas whats wrong

A:Driver crashes - screen goes blank

Please post the computer model next time.Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.Download SecurityCheck.exe from Here. Run SecurityCheck and follow the instruction from inside the code box.. When the scan is finished, a notepad will automatically open as check.txt Please copy and paste the contents here on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/478458/driver-crashes-screen-goes-blank/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello!

I have a problem with my graphic crad driver..

yesterday I installed Windows Vista 64-bit on my computer,
After I insert to windows, I installed the all driver..
I done to installed the all drivers.. now I need to install other driver for my graphic card, after it's done to install them, It's doing reset for system,
after that, when the windows is uploading.. when the "Welcome" screen,
my screen shutdown! blank screen! but I hear the sounds of the windows!
I goes to Safe Mode, and there i removed the driver,
Now I work with standard VGA graphics adapter..

I tryed to downloads another drivers from the sites: Leadtek, Nvidia, and Omega drivers..

I don't know what is the problem

My graphic card is:
LEADTEK PCI-EX 2.0 WINFAST GeForce PX9800GTX+

Pls, help =/
and sorry with my English..

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/189793-blank-screen-after-installed-driver.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have been having his problem for the past couple of months and cannot find any answer I run Vista and use a GTX in sli gb ram Q on an evga i mb If I use any driver up to everything is fine If I try to install any of the newer drivers they all result in the monitor losing its signal just after driver Blank screen installing after the Window's Blank screen after installing driver green progress bar but before the Wondow's chime which I can hear but the monitor has lost its signal I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers dozens of times using various methods so its not a method of install issue The cards work perfectly fine until I try to install one of the newer drivers Powering off on the monitor does nothing Blank screen after installing driver I have tried three different monitors again no change I have tried just one card swapping cards Blank screen after installing driver no luck My motherboard drivers and bios are up to date I have tried booting in low res mode no luck although booting into safe mode is fine Has anyone had a similar problem and heard of any way to fix it Thanks for any help

A:Blank screen after installing driver

have you checked the manufacturer's web site for their knowledge base or forums where this might be mentioned ?

As far as I know, If the card is new, installing a new driver shouldn't make the screen go blank. I believe that only happens with an old card and a very new driver.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/250537-blank-screen-after-installing-driver.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545, the screen is broke so I use an external monitor which doesn't project BIOS or Boot up so I cannot see anything. I found a thread on here that adds the Intel Graphics Driver for Mobile 4 Series for Windows 8 which I supposed would work on 8.1.

The link I installed:
Mobile Intel Series 4 and Intel HD Graphics 1st Generation

I installed it and restarted the laptop for the GUI to start.

But as I restarted, the screen was blank. I tried cycling through projection modes as I usually do, but this time It didn't work.

I have no clue of how to remove the driver to as I cannot see anything on the external monitor as I've tried it on 2.

I've tried booting into Safe Mode but as I've said, I cannot see anything on the screen so I'm not sure where I am.

Please help!

Thanks!

A:Blank Screen After Installing Driver... HELP!

to uninstall the driver start your pc while hitting f8 then choose safe mode then remove it from programs and features.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/35520-blank-screen-after-installing-driver-help.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi i have this problem where my computer gives me blank screen with blinking cursor or quot quot when i m installing nvidia forceware of any version My computer was totally fine before i brought it to motherboard reparation place because Blank Nvidia when installing Screen Driver some of the pins are bent Now sometimes it just stays blank screen and sometimes it then restarts That kind Blank Screen when installing Nvidia Driver of problem is on Vista though On XP it just won t Blank Screen when installing Nvidia Driver let me go further than the Welcome screen or it just gives me -bit color on x resolution However i am able to install the video driver came from the cd It s been weeks Blank Screen when installing Nvidia Driver like this and i haven t found a solution The technician can t repair it either I have tried flashing bios format my computer reseat my video card but nothing works Can anyone help me please My spec MSI Platinum X V Intel C D E MSI NX GX GB A-Data Vitesta Extreme Edition GB CoolerMaster W nbsp

A:Blank Screen when installing Nvidia Driver

Sorry for the late reply. My internet speed is 56K so downloading the thing takes quite some time. Anyway, the driver still doesn't work. My computer hung at the Welcome screen. Do you have any other suggestions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-when-installing-nvidia-driver.100729/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi i have this problem where my computer gives me blank screen with blinking cursor or quot quot when i m installing nvidia forceware of any version My computer was totally fine before i brought it to motherboard reparation place because some of the pins are bent Now sometimes it just stays blank screen and sometimes it then restarts That kind of problem is on Vista though On XP it just Driver installing Blank Nvidia when Screen won t let me go further than the Welcome screen or it just gives me -bit color on x resolution However i am able to install the video driver came from the cd It s been weeks like this and i haven t found a solution The technician can t repair it either I have tried flashing bios format my computer reseat my video card but nothing works Can anyone help me please My spec MSI Platinum X V Intel C D E MSI NX GX GB A-Data Vitesta Extreme Edition GB CoolerMaster W nbsp

A:Blank Screen when installing Nvidia Driver

What pins were bent? What did they do? Does the video card have the separate power connector connected to it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-when-installing-nvidia-driver.691562/
Relevancy 56.76%

Recently while trying to update the drivers to my ati rage magnum XPERT gl graphics card I ve started noticing some problems that have snowballed into a huge problem At first Xp ATI Screen and User-Blank Driver problem Win the Win Xp User-Blank Screen and ATI Driver problem problems after I rebooted were that I kept on getting a dialog box that says overlay swapping isnt supported I then checked the device manager and for some reason it says theres a problem with my graphics card and my monitor After rebooting a couple more times and finally in safe mode now it wont load up to the desktop in safe mode or any other mode as I ve tried them all even though I know the computer is booting Win Xp User-Blank Screen and ATI Driver problem up in safe mode to the desktop but the monitor stays blank I know its booting up to the desktop as I Win Xp User-Blank Screen and ATI Driver problem hear the sounds of my yahoo messenger telling me that I just logged on from my my laptop However I can boot up to safe mode with networkng but I get a bsod if I do that And now it just boots up as far as the disking checking screen and stops there even though I still hear the computer boot up to the desktop but I cant see it as the screen is always gets stuck on the disk checking screen However I still think the problem is with my aborted attempt at a graphic s card driver update So I would really appericate some help on resolving this issue So Thanks In Advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-user-blank-screen-and-ati-driver-problem.296594/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently uninstalled my nVidia geforce driver and restarted. Right after restarting i can only see a blank screen at logon. Even going to safe mode (even with command line prompt) i end up getting the same result. Please help! All oher troubleshooting options return the same result. Windows usually returns to generic vga mode, right?

Relevancy 56.76%

I am pretty sure this is a video driver compatibility problem I just build a new computer driver help Screen) problem Video need (blank installed windows xp and all the basic drivers like network card and sound Everything works fine download the new Video driver problem need help (blank Screen) nvidia driver and during installation where it needs to like reset the display settings it flashes the screen and it just blanks out nothing comes back on the computer is still running reboot computer shows window xp is loading then when it gets to the log in screen it blanks out Computer seems to be running normally but the screen is blank and it says no video input Video driver problem need help (blank Screen) Reboot computer again in safe mode everything works fine uninstall the video driver and reboot the computer in normal mode everything works fine tries to reinstall video driver again same thing happens few days later i got my friend s video card and it s a ATI and it does the same exact thing has anyone encountered this problem before i don t know what drivers or problems is conflicting Also installed SP for window xp and that didn t fix it either Sorry if grammar is bad just really frustrated right now Specs amd xp bit mb ram Geforce turbo cache PCI-E motherboard is a Asus a s-x series Anything else anyone needs to know that would help let me know please nbsp

A:Video driver problem need help (blank Screen)

i found this video card quite good and working fine...so u just try to unistall the previous video drivers if so any and then try installing the new drivers(if possible in the safe mode)...if again the screen blanks then just rollback the drivers to a previous version as u done before from the nvidia website...i suppose that there is a compatibility issue with the latest version of the drivers...hope this solves the problem..note first install xp with sp2..then try this...and by the way check ur monitor plugged in correctly..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-driver-problem-need-help-blank-screen.44288/
Relevancy 56.76%

Video driver not working, blank screen after Windows logo.
OS Windows XP-1 upgraded to XP-2.

Lost my video driver, on my older HP 951 computer.
It came with XP-1, I upgraded a long time ago.

I tried to recover with both the XP-1 & XP-2 disks, won't work.
I have net access, obviously on a newer computer.
Is there a way I can download a driver and install it on my 951,
OR recover the driver, that must be there?

It boots up, but after showing the Windows "Logo Screen", it's black.
I just have some old info. and files on it, I really would like to keep.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable solution.
My technical skills are medium low....

A:Video Driver Lost/Screen Blank HELP

you need to login into safe mode. safe mode uses a standard set of drivers in VGA mode that should let you get in to your system and fix any problems. you can enter safe mode by entering the boot menu after the bios screen by pressing F8. you must do this before the windows logo come on the screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-driver-lost-screen-blank-help.747069/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey guys I m exhausted I ve been trying to chase down this problem all day Here s what I got I just moved over my old system into my wife s case Everything worked fine in mine and moved over mobo Gigabyte GA- vt w amd cpu and gb of ram psu Enermax ELT awt watts hd new seagate gb ide w xp pro freshly installed and gpu bfg mb gs which seems to be the issue if I m leaving out anything important let me installing goes driver blank after Screen nvidia know Again everything worked peachy in my Screen goes blank after installing nvidia driver machine I essentially just switched cases minus her dvd drives and wireless card But now whenever I try to install the nvidia drivers the screen goes blank The first issue was that I get this error quot The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware Setup will now exit quot Which I didn t really mind because I wanted the latest driver anyway So I went and downloaded which just came out yesterday or something and everytime I try to install it it eventually goes blank though the rest of the computer still runs So then I have to boot into safe mode to uninstall it Then I tried both and from suggestions off of some old posts and I get the same error I downloaded the latest -in- mobo chipsets and installed them As well as the latest directx c and get the same result I ve run a driver cleaner program and cleaned out the registry I even tried disabling the device and uninstalling drivers The molex plug for the graphics card is running on it s own cord from the psu and is seated snugly in the agp slot At one point I had the Device Manager quot see quot it Nvidia GeForce GS but the icon has a yellow quot quot on it Pulling that up tells me in the Device status that quot Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged Code Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device quot So I looked up quot Code quot on MS http support microsoft com kb but don t know really where to go from here Right now I have the driver completely uninstalled and the Device Manager shows a quot quot under quot Other Devices quot with the quot Video Controller quot underneath that So what have I missed Did I mention that last week when all these parts were in my case everything worked fine I guess I haven t tried another graphics card I ll dig around and see if I can find another agp one laying around in the morning though if I have one it s probably an old ati Though again this is the same mobo vcard psu combo that has worked in my machine for the last years with no issues Any other thoughts I could use all the help I can get Thanks in advance -james nbsp

A:Screen goes blank after installing nvidia driver

Prior to trying to install the graphics drivers, you did install all the mobo chipset drivers didn`t you?

If not, I suggest you do so.

Gillian

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-blank-after-installing-nvidia-driver.112989/
Relevancy 56.76%

I started this 2 days ago when I had the Windows 10 popup to restart or reschedule an updated so I clicked to start it and after 24 hrs of the same blank screen I turned off my computer and restarted it. 24 hrs later I have the same blank screen. Please help.

A:My Windows 10 update has a blank screen. Please help.

Hi! You will probably need recovery media. You can get the media creation tool here. http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=kwkQxvpU
You may be able to get to advanced startup with this trick! If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.
Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.
Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443548-my-windows-10-update-has-blank-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Just Update blank is Windows screen as the title says the Windows Update screen is blank the only thing showing in that window is quot Control Panel Home quot I have ran MalWare Bytes and it did Windows Update screen is blank remove a few trojans did not fix the issue Then I used this Microsoft Support page to reset the Windows Update components still did nothing However when I was going through step quot Register the BITS files quot there were errors with several of the files I will list those below The module quot mshtml dll quot was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found Make sure that quot mshtml dll quot is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again Make sure that quot shdocvw dll quot is a valid DLL or OCX file Make sure that quot browseui dll quot is a valid Make sure that quot qmgr dll quot is a valid The module quot msxml dll quot failed to load Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent DLL files The specified module could not be found The module quot gpkcsp dll quot failed to load quot sccbase dll quot failed to load quot slbcsp dll quot failed to load quot initpki dll quot failed to load quot wuaueng dll quot failed to load quot wucltui dll quot failed to load quot wuweb dll quot failed to load quot muweb dll quot failed to load In the command prompt I have also tried using quot sfc scannow quot which found issues but could not fix it And I downloaded and used the Microsoft Fix it tool Still have a blank Windows Update screen All I can think now to do is find a Windows CD and try a system repair and if that does not work my last option will be to try a fresh install Any other info would be greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-screen-is-blank.1133045/
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently updated my Bios on my computer because i was getting the blue screen error (Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) and now my computer will not start up. THe fans start running and the keyboard lights for caps lock etc do not light up. I have already cleared the CMOS memory and it did not do a thing, any suggestions? (I have already read numerous other posts with problems like these and they havent helped me

A:Blank Screen after BIOS update

Oh and by the way i am running a windows 2000 machine with SP2

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-after-bios-update.596624/
Relevancy 56.76%

microsoft update site has blank screen in IE and Firefox, some applications result in popup reporting "An error has occurred in a script on this page", this window opens hundreds of times, some fragment sof Norton Antivirus may still remain

A:WIndows update in IE has blank screen

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/188004/windows-update-in-ie-has-blank-screen/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Screen and during b... RADEON goes AMD blank comes never update new hp notebook with windows -bit with -gb of memory Upon start up I get a message stating that there is a nbsp new software update is avalible When I click the message Screen goes blank during AMD RADEON update and never comes b... AMD RADEON setings comes up curently installed is - a- c-HP new is - a WHQL It downloads fine but about a minute into the install the screen starts to flicker and then goes blank and doesen't come back I then had to do a force shut down When I rebooted the startup logo came up but the log-in screen never did I had no display at all I did another force shut down and restarted in restore mode and restored it to a previous date which brought back the display and the update message upon every startup PLEASE HELP nbsp nbsp Radeon Software Version - Radeon Software Edition - CrimsonGraphics Chipset - AMD Radeon TM R GraphicsMemory Size - MBMemory Type - DDR Core Clock - MHzWindows Version - Windows System Memory - GBCPU Type - AMD A - P RADEON R COMPUTE CORES C G nbsp

A:Screen goes blank during AMD RADEON update and never comes b...

Hi  did you try with savemode?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-goes-blank-during-AMD-RADEON-update-and-never-comes/td-p/5853931
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi,I have had problems with the screen going blank on my y50-70 ever since I upgraded to windows 10. It only happens when I plug in the power supply, always happens when set to full power and sometimes when set to low power. I tried all the various suggestions on the forums:I reinstalled win 8 - it works fine but reverts back once I upgrade to Win 10I have upgraded bios to recommended version on Lenovo siteI updated all the other recommended driversI disabled and uninstalled NVIDIA adapterI dont use the laptop for Gaming but am a developer so need a powerful laptopFeel sure that it is a driver/software issue Anybody solved a similar issue, any help appreciated?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-After-windows-10-update-screen-goes-blank-when-I-plug-in/td-p/3359907
Relevancy 56.76%

I put in my new video card ( ATI Radeon x1650 AGP) and I tried to get windows to work. It worked but kept shutting down with the BSOD. I searched around the internet and found that I should update my BIOS. I used the ASUS program to download and fix the BIOS that I had and BIOS 1.14 for my Motherboard (ASUS A7V8X-X) after installation I rebooted and my monitor wouldn't show anything a feeling went through my stomach that I had just screwed up big. I tried placing my 2 older video cards (ATI All-In-Wonder 9600, and an Nvidia card from 2000) the Nvidia card showed the screen and it said something about my disk crashing. Is there any way to recover my computers motherboard, or am i in too deep? Please reply if you have any information. Please speak in detail as I am not very educated in this area.

A:Blank Screen after BIOS update

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic75555.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-after-bios-update.83303/
Relevancy 56.76%

I can't put the computer in anything but Safe Mode. I have Malware Bytes, but I can't post any logs, because it won't boot normally. Every time I use the internet...I get four errors. First I get Webmail and Driver Finder. I also get an update for Abobe (which is not the real site). The Error Message I have gotten is "Cannot start application: the application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance." It opens up lots of these windows. I'm only surfing the internet when this happens. It's only been happening the last couple months.

I will add the Hijack This log and the DDS log.

hijackthis.log   13.53KB
  0 downloads
 dds.txt   26.33KB
  1 downloads

A:Webmail, Blank Page, Driver Finder, Adobe update,Error Message

Hi there,my name is Marius and I will assist you with your malware related problems.Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.First, read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.If you have any problems while following my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.Do not run any other scans without instruction or add/remove software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.Post all logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.If I don't hear from you within 3 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.Important: To help me reviewing your logs, please post them in code boxes. You can create them by clicking on the <>-symbol on top of the reply window.   Scan with FRST (Recovery Environment)To run FRST on Vista and Windows7:For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.Enter System Recovery Options.To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:Restart the computer. As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears. Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item. Choose your language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account an click Next.To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:Insert the installation disc. Restart your computer. If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings. Click Repair your computer. Choose your language settings, and then click Next. Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next. Select your user account and click Next.On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:Startup Repair System Restore Windows Complete PC Restore Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool Command Prompt Select Command PromptIn the command window:
type in notepad and press Enter. The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open. Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad. In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive. The tool will start to run. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/562199/webmail-blank-page-driver-finder-adobe-updateerror-message/
Relevancy 56.33%

My HP Pavilion notebook has an NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 graphics card. I have not found a Windows 8 driver for this card, but at least two older Vista drivers that I have tried will run the card.

But after installing the display driver the boot sequence proceeds normally up to the lock screen (where password information is entered) which then appears blank. There is not a way to get past the blank lock screen, and the only way out is to uninstall the display driver. After uninstalling, the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter takes over again, the lock screen appears, and is not a problem once more.

I don't think the driver is directly responsible for this, as it seems to function normally. But something causes a hang at that screen. Possibly this is where the installed driver should have started but it is late in starting, so nothing is displayed?

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/13229-blank-lock-screen-after-installation-display-driver.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L630 and accidently went to device manager and downloaded the wrong display driver. (My original one was the Intel R HD I believe) once I change it the screen immediately went blank, so I manually shut it down. I rebooted the computer and the normal screen came up so I chose to restart it in safe mode. After the list of drivers and opened up the creen stopped on please wait for a good 5~10 minutes with no sign of progress. I shut it down manually again and every following time the screen is completely blank when I reboot it. I am not that good with computers(obviously) but please suggest anything. Btw the computer is on with the CPU lights flashing; just the screen isn't on.

A:Downloaded wrong display driver/screen blank!

Quote:

the creen stopped on please wait for a good 5~10 minutes with no sign of progress. I shut it down manually

You should have waited for as long as it takes to boot the computer, never shut if off in the middle. When you start the computer, do you get the Toshiba Logo? Or the Black screen listing all of the drives? Can you boot into Setup (Bios)?
Can you press F8 at bootup and get the Advanced Boot Menu (Safe Mode etc)? Here you can choose Last Known Good Configuration or Safe Mode and uninstall the driver you installed, then install the proper one Model Content Page

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/downloaded-wrong-display-driver-screen-blank-660617.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My computer is Dell desktop running Windows XP Pro SP I after driver installing Solved: display screen blank installed a new display driver and after restart I saw the quot Windows XP quot logo but nothing after that Solved: blank screen after installing display driver NO login screen Wait for minutes but still nothing on the screen Solved: blank screen after installing display driver I think the computer completes its power up but nothing on the screen I manually power down and then power up again same exact thing screen went blank after quot Windows XP quot logo I did not see any booting options like safe mode Last Known Good I then put in windows XP CD and boot from CD then after loading I chose quot Repair quot and then see DOS Command window with C Windows quot I type dir and see listing of directory But don t know what to do I think if I can some how get the original display driver on the windows XP CD to my computer so that it will use this instead of the one I installed last night Please help Greatly appreciate your help nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Ive tried running a sfc scan now it says it couldnt repair it I also tried runing the repair twice already with windows recovery disk I have attached the need files as well as HiJack This Log Also I do not have any network connections showing up when I go to network configurations but I still have internet access Any + Driver Device Corrupted Files Screen Blank help would be much appreciated Thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Blank Device Driver Screen + Corrupted Files Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Blank Device Driver Screen + Corrupted Files Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO ContentBlockerBrowserHelperObject - CC -EFA - CBF- A- CF FBBFFF F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security IEExt ContentBlocker ie content blocker plugin dll O - BHO VirtualKeyboardBrowserHelperObject - -E C- C- -C DC - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security IEExt VirtualKeyboard ie virtual keyboard plugin dll O - BHO Safe Money Plugin - E D D - D - A -AE F- D E D - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security IEExt OnlineBanking online banking bho dll O - BHO Logitech SetPoint - AF - - - EC-D C - C Program Files Logitech SetPointP -bit SetPointSmooth dll O - BHO link filter bho - E CF -D - A- F - F A F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security IEExt UrlAdvisor klwtbbho dll O - HKLM Run AVP C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe O - HKUS S- - - Run CtxfiReg CTXFIREG exe FAIL User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run CtxfiReg CTXFIREG exe FAIL User 'Default user' O - Extra button Virtual Keyboard - C CC -D - D- - E F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security IEExt VirtualKeyboard ie virtual keyboard plugin dll O - Extra button URLs check - CCF D -D - F-A A -D F F - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security IEExt UrlAdvisor klwtbbho dll O - Extra button no name - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Spybot - Search amp amp Destroy Configuration - DFB A - F - C -A - CAB FD A - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system vsocklib dll O - Unknown file in Winsock LSP c windows system vsocklib dll O - Options group ACCELERATED GRAPHICS Accelerated graphics O - Protocol skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - C PROGRA COMMON Skype SKYPE DLL O - Winlogon Notify SDWinLogon - SDWinLogon dll file missing O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mo... Read more

A:Blank Device Driver Screen + Corrupted Files

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===
Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
Link 1
Link 2

IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

1. Close any open browsers.
2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.

How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt
Note: Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Note: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.
===

Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
===

Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.
Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).
Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/487063/blank-device-driver-screen-corrupted-files/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I'm new on the forum and just learning the forum installing driver Screen Blank Galaxy upon 430 GeForce GT Anyway a few days ago I upgraded my PC from Windows XP Media Center Pro to Windows and when I try to install the drivers from the cd that came with the gpu a GeForce GT the monitor just goes black It worked when the OS was on XP MCE but now it just goes blank I tried googling solutions but I didn't find any real solutions so I'm trying here The specs of my PC are Windows Beta Consumer Preview -Bit GB Ram Intel Core Duo Intel Viiv software Screen Blank upon installing Galaxy GeForce GT 430 driver Or whatever the viiv Screen Blank upon installing Galaxy GeForce GT 430 driver is I'm not the most technologically advanced Screen Blank upon installing Galaxy GeForce GT 430 driver person The GPU Galaxy Geforce GT GB memory DDR HDMI DVI VGA I have a inch ASUS Plug amp Play monitor I can't really check the specs right now so I'm currently saying these specs off memory So I don't know what else to provide but can anyone help me with this I already rebooted before as this problem happened before Big mistake I had to reload the OS System restore didn't work And if your wondering how I got to system restore I had to take the card out and connect to the built in video card A little confusing Basically Computer screen goes black and stays black when I try to install my Galaxy GeForce GT graphics drivers Its still blank now Help

A:Screen Blank upon installing Galaxy GeForce GT 430 driver

Hi and welcome to you.

Visit World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA to download/install the driver.
Or even easier, a direct link for you: Drivers - GeForce

If you're having problems, boot to safe mode + networking. You can download/install there. Then boot to normal mode and run the installer again, so your control panel is installed well for it.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/5395-screen-blank-upon-installing-galaxy-geforce-gt-430-driver.html
Relevancy 56.33%

The issue is installing vista and then trying to update the Nvidia drivers for the 7800 GTX 512 only to restart and have a blank screen. You hear the startup sound, but nothing.

Basically I racked my brains trying to find a solution online for this problem, installing the drivers, restarting a million times, safe mode,etc. Now that I found the resolution, just thought I'd share so it may help somebody else who is on the verge of going crazy.

All you have to do is do another upgrade install of Vista and all is well. Updating the drivers after that is not recommended until Nvidia decides to get off their asses and make a compatible driver.

Seems like a logical resolution, but you'd be surprised how well it eluded me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-32-nvidia-driver-blank-screen-resolution.102023/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello,
I have a problem regarding my laptop. I'm done a bios update from 1.2.12 to 1.2.14 inside windows 10 using the exe file from Dell. It's been 1 hour that the laptop in the state of blank screen. The fan is running and AC is plugged.
What is the course of action for me now?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19983499
Relevancy 55.9%

hey all, I bought a sempron 3000+ to fit my pc. my mobo is an asus a7v8x. the cpu was running at only 1.6 ghz so i read that if i updated the bios i could change the multiplier settings to the correct ones for the cpu. i downloaded the updated bios and used ez flash to update with a floppy disk. the update completed successfully, but now nothing happens when i power up. everything appears to be ok, as in no beeping but i have a blank screen. i tried wiping the cmos back to default but no joy. can anyone help??? and does anyone know how to correct the mobo so the sempron will run at its correct speed.....
any help will be greatly appreciated.

120 maxtor
2 x 512 ddr + 1 x 256
ati radeon 9600xt
350 psu
a7v8x motherboard
Sempron 3000+

A:updated bios with blank screen after update

It is doubtful that a cmos reset would fix the problem.

The first step is to check the video card and processor seating on the mainboard. If you have added a new processor, your video card may have moved during the install. Take the video card out and reinstall it.

Secondly, if the problem is in the BIOS then you will have to take it to an experienced technician to be reflashed. One of the reasons I bought a Gigabyte m/b was the 'dual bios' to save you from this sort of problem. I don't think ASUS have that feature (at least it not listed on the A7V8X web page).

Don't forget that the Sempron 3000+ runs at 1.8ghz or 2.0ghz depending on the model. So don't expect the bios to show it running at 3.0ghz.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/updated-bios-with-blank-screen-after-update-69237.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I am running Windows Vista Home PremiumService Pack -bit operating systemProtected by Norton Problem When i click on Windows update all i get is a screen that displaysnothing but a red shield with a white 'X' in it also a ' ' marktop left But nothing happens when i click them Also i have the red shield in mt icons tray for the windowssecurity alerts When i click on this it brings me to the windowssecurity center Automatic updating is switched off If i click on'change setting' button and then choose 'install updatesautomatically' it says security center can't change your automaticupdate settings so i select 'change settings manually' and acompletely blank screen opens I have downloaded installed ran updated and perform a full scan separately with thefollowing two applications SuperAntiSpyware amp MalwareBytesI is Cannot access Update. Windows blank Screen have also downloaded and ran the MSRT Cannot access Windows Update. Screen is blank manually I have also reset Windows Update components It found nothing unusual amp nothing has changed I have been told there is a very good chance that i am seeing the effects of a hijackware infection I have now ran David Lipman's Multi AV software which again found nothing I then prepared my Computer to run HijackThis Im not convinced i have a virus after all this but im not the expert Could someone please have a look at the below logs to see if i have a problem DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by janet at on Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware enabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows System mobsync exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users janet Desktop dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp uk yahoo com fr fp-yie uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp uk yahoo com fr fp-yie mDefault Page URL hxxp www thetechguys com welcomeuURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dllBHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files ... Read more

A:Cannot access Windows Update. Screen is blank

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards _temp_

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261931/cannot-access-windows-update-screen-is-blank/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys
I finally managed to upgrade to win10 from win7 and restarted a few times - all seemed ok.
I then tried to update win10 and when installed I now have a blank screen although I can hear the windows start chime. I'm assuming that the graphics driver on my acer aspire 4810TZ has been updated and is incompatible.
I cant do anything as I cant see anything.
I cant boot into safe mode the way I used to in order to roll back the driver either. the only thing that seems to work is the power off button.
Your help would be most appreciated.
Thank you
John

A:Screen blank after Windows 10 Update installed

Boot and after about 5 seconds power down using power button. Repeat this three or four times and an advanced recovery menu should pop up.
Can you plug in an external monitor?

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/screen-blank-after-windows-10-update-installed-4596037/
Relevancy 55.9%

IE 6 show sblank screen when loading windowsupdate.microsoft.com. Windows XP Pro user with administrator privileges has blank screen when connecting to the windows update page. Same user received error message that activeX is not enabled when attempting an online scan at onecare.live.com User follows instructions to enable activex controls, but still receives same messages.

Spybot and ad-aware run with only minor files found (tracking cookies, etc). Local Panda 2006 antivirus reports no virus or threats. IEfix run to register assorted *.dll with no improvements.

When different user logs intop system (with different user profile and settings), update page loads and runs with no problems.

CleanMyPC registry cleaner ran and cleaned up 300 errors in COM/ActiveX area. Still no improvement.

Any Ideas???

A:IE6 blank screen when loading windows update

Let me suggest a work around.

In this case;
1- Create a new user ( administrator )
2- With your problem account go to C:\Documents and Settings\**username(the one with the problem)** and copy all.
3- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\**username(new one)** and paste everything you copied. Click yes to all when prompted.
4- Restart go to the new account. Change the names of the accounts. Then do an intensive check of your data. If everything you desire is transfered you can delete the problem account. I am pretty confident that since even your desktop background is transfered to the new account you would be satisfied.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie6-blank-screen-when-loading-windows-update-147309.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey all,

I'm at my wits end with this problem. My Windows Update screen, the desktop version, remains blank except when 'checking for updates'; otherwise it refuses to show either the 'Install Updates for Your Computer' panel nor the 'Windows is Up to Date Panel' (e.g http://winsupersite.com/site-files/w...ve30355831.PNG). For some reason, I can still download and install updates through PC settings --> Update and Recovery, but I can't install anything through here; I'm not sure why only the metro tile is working. I've run sfc /scannow as well as followed all the steps here (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/971058) to reset Windows Update, but nothing works.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance!

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/74939-windows-update-desktop-ver-blank-screen.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Today I decided to let Windows install a bunch of updates. After installing, I dutifully restarted. On the restart, the screen stays blank. I hear the Windows startup sound, but can't see anything. I tried the onekey recovery button. Power light turns on, but screen stays blank. Any ideas?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Black-and-blank-screen-after-update-on-G550-with-Windows-8-1/td-p/3437484
Relevancy 55.9%

I am using widows 10 in my Yoga 2 13 for the last one year. Today after installing the regular widows update may laptop is not working properly. After switching on it shows lenovo logo  and then within 10-20 seconds screen goes blank without loading windows. I tried to enter in to the safe mode by pressing F8 while booting but no use. Please suggest a solution.Thaks in advance.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-13-goes-blank-screen-after-Win10-Update/td-p/3352846
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi The Windows Update screen is nearly blank and unusable I have Windows Update Blank/Problem 7 Screen attached an screen shot of the window as this is the easiest way to show the error I have searched the internet and tried a couple of fixes including a Microsoft Fix in bot Normal and Agressive Windows 7 Update Screen Blank/Problem mode plus re-registering files as suggested on another site If anyone has an idea how to resolve this I would appreciate your input Oh I suppose this is important The actual copy of Windows is French as the Windows 7 Update Screen Blank/Problem laptop was purchased in France the version of windows is Windows Home Premium Bit I have used Vistalizator to install the English language pack using the Internal Mode for installation The installed didn't work the first time so installed in Safe Mode which worked I have uninstalled the english Pack and then reinstalled it with windows running normally The install completed without any problems Windows Update works fine if i swap back to French but this is not really what I want to do everytime

A:Windows 7 Update Screen Blank/Problem

You can try SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/130565-windows-7-update-screen-blank-problem.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Cannot boot in safe mode or VGA mode or last known good config after installing an Nvidia xx driver upgrade Graphics card is an Nvidia Ti AGP card When trying to do normal windows boot it gets as far as the Windows splash screen then goes blank forever In a safe mode boot attempt the last line printed to screen is quot WINDOWS System DRIVERS agp sys quot then Blank in even mode after Nvidia driver screen upgrade safe it hangs there forever Swapped to a known good Nvidia graphics card Same symptoms card again proves fine back in its own PC Am able to get to windows recovery console using Win XP CD Disabling and Blank screen even in safe mode after Nvidia driver upgrade re-enabling NVSvc and agp services does not help chkdsk c r found some error and fixed them but no improvement The service VgaSave is enabled Nvidia tech support says there s nothing about their drivers that should interfere with Windows booting into Safe Mode with VGA graphics But something has screwed that up My win XP Pro CD is SP but the pc is at SP with all latest updates as aof a few days ago I do have an SP Cd from another pc If I could just get to the System Restore screen I could fall back to a good restore point but no display Helllp Win xp pro sp ASUS P C -E Deluxe Mainboard Nvidia GeForce Ti graphics card Intel P GHz CPU GB Ram Western Digital WDC WD JD GB SATA HDD Thermaltake W power supply model XP NP No onboard video No pci or other cards installed just mouse kybd two optical drives nbsp

A:Blank screen even in safe mode after Nvidia driver upgrade

Still no progress. Does anyone have any ideas at all? Need to get my PC back up. Is there a log accessible from DOS or REcovery console that would show what offending file is mising or stopping the boot? Can anyone aim me at a Microsoft article on things like this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-even-in-safe-mode-after-nvidia-driver-upgrade.708878/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all hoping I can get Display Driver screen error causing laptop blank some help with this I have an HP Pavillion dv laptop computer with an nvidia video card I do not have all the specs handy but due to the problem I ll explain below I had been playing WoW for a while when occasionally the game would freeze and my monitor would switch off and on and there would be a message stating the display driver had to be reinitialized I didnt think anything of it but then it happened one time and I got a blue screen message that flashed on and off quickly before the computer shut down I couldnt make out much beyond quot display driver error quot and when i turned the computer back on the monitor was totally blank no matter how many times i rebooted I let the computer sit for a while unplugged and with the battery removed and it began working properly but then it happened again and now it is not returning to normal I cannot see anything but I can hear the computer working Anyone have any ideas what I can do about this Thanks -N nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I've got a problem with graphic card drivers On newly installed Windows XP sp updated to sp once I install drivers for ATI Radeon x a reboot everything seems - XP driver screen) (blank card Windows problem Graphic fine until the drivers actually loads on logon screen - graphic card doesn't send any signal into my monitor If I start Windows in VGA mode system starts up properly but CCC shows this error http www google com search num amp oq amp gs rfai and Windows XP - Graphic card driver problem (blank screen) once I change resolution screen goes blank again But this problem in most cases is caused by incorrectly installed drivers with newly installed OS it should not be the case I tried to remove drivers CCC and driver and install older drivers with and without CCC and nothing helped And yes I have DotNet properly Windows XP - Graphic card driver problem (blank screen) installed Could it be caused by legacy drivers form ATI I installed them first Or maybe is the integrated graphic card on mainboard ASRock Core -D causing it although I've disabled it in BIOS

A:Windows XP - Graphic card driver problem (blank screen)

Uninstall all version of catalyst control center and all your ATI drivers including any legacy drivers. At reboot windows will use a standard vga driver and probably work in lower resolution at 640 x 480.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Find the latest catalyst driver for your card and download and install.

When your screen goes blank, your monitor probably switches into standby, this is caused by incorrect refresh rate or reolution your monitor cannot display.

It may also help to search for an updated inf file or driver for your monitor and update this driver before you install the catalyst driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-graphic-card-driver-problem-blank-screen-506863.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello all causing blank Driver screen error laptop Display hoping I can get some help with this I have an HP Pavillion dv laptop Display Driver error causing blank laptop screen computer with an nvidia video card I do not have all the specs handy but due to the problem I ll explain below I had been playing WoW for a while when occasionally the game would freeze and my monitor would switch Display Driver error causing blank laptop screen off and on and there would be a message stating the display driver had to be reinitialized I didnt think anything of it but then it happened one time and I got a blue screen message that flashed on and Display Driver error causing blank laptop screen off quickly before the computer shut down I couldnt make out much beyond quot display driver error quot and when i turned the computer back on the monitor was totally blank no matter how many times i rebooted I let the computer sit for a while unplugged and with the battery removed and it began working properly but then it happened again and now it is not returning to normal I cannot see anything but I can hear the computer working Anyone have any ideas what I can do about this Thanks -N nbsp

A:Display Driver error causing blank laptop screen

Go to HP Support and download and install the "NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600" driver once again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-driver-error-causing-blank-laptop-screen.93088/
Relevancy 55.47%

I powered up my Nokia 630 last week which had been inactive for about a year, as I was keeping it as a backup to my 735. All was fine and working but them it offered to install an update, which I accepted and let it roll the wheels on. Now there is a blank grey screen where the tiles page should be. Switching it off and on plus a soft reset doesn't change it. Basically I get my pin number page then empty grey after tapping it in. I can see signal level, battery level etc icons at the top of the screen but nothing else. The phone was working fine prior to the update, I'm assuming this was not a Windows 10 update as the 630 doesn't qualify...?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444938-nokia-lumia-630-blank-grey-screen-after-update.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I allowed the Windows update at the power off feature.  Now when I logon I all I have is a blank screen with a mouse cursor.  I can access the task manager and perform a restore point, using the "create new task" and typing "rstrui.exe".  I can access restore points but after running the program I get the error that it wasn't perform because I have an Anti Virus program still running.  I cannot disable it in task manager.  Also I cannot access the boot up mode so I can run Safe Mode.  F8 does nothing.

thanks

A:Windows update caused blank screen after logon

Hold the Shift key and click the power button on the lower right corner of the login screen.
Continue holding shift and choose restart.

This should bring you to a startup options menu where you can choose boot options such as safe mode with networking.

Attempt to run the system restore again, if it fails try running 'dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth' from an administrative command prompt.
Let me know of the result.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/564364/windows-update-caused-blank-screen-after-logon/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello,
I have a Latitude E6410 working fine. Today, I've reinstalled everything (Windows, Drivers, etc)
Then I've updated the bios (A04) with this update : http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=R305353
The update has been made without any error, and at the end a message said something like 'installation was successfull' in green letters. Cool.Then the computer rebooted by itself.Then I've nothing more than a blank screen...Not cool.
Could you please help me ?
Thanks in advance

A:blank screen after bios update - Latitude E6410

Hi lordyan,
Please shut down the computer and then run the hardware diagnostics, follow the steps below.
Press the Fn + power this will intitate the hardware diagnostics. Let us know if there is any error code listed. In addition remove and reseat the memory, hard drive and check if the issue persists. Follow the steps below.
To remove and reseat the memory, hard drive use the link below.
http://dell.to/17xTZkS
In this link punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual.
Let me know about the progress.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19539697
Relevancy 55.47%

When away from the computer the screensaver comes on. When you try to go back into windows 10 the screen is blank and can only be accessed by doing Control, Alt, Delete.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437281-since-anniversary-update-after-stopping-screensaver-screen-goes-blank.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I have a very strange problem My home computer runs on Win XP Home edition with SP and IE I have two user accounts in this computer both have administrative rights In one account everything works fine In the other one when I opened the Windows Update I got a blank screen I can upgrade from IE to IE Update blank screen in a IE6 Windows Solved: shows from a CD with the good user account and the newly installed IE worked fine in the good account but not in the bad account--streaming images were not shown correctly they appeared as a black box However when I tried to upgrade from the bad account first uninstall and then reinstall IE from the same CD I Solved: Windows Update shows a blank screen in IE6 got an error message that installation could not be completed Microsoft put IE pack and created a link called quot Internet Explorer Troubleshooting quot on my desktop When I double clicked on the link it gave me a warning quot http go microsoft com fwlink linkid This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action Create an association in the folder option control panel quot I have no idea what program to associate it with Please help Also it is very puzzling for me since I used the same file IE -WindowsXP-x -enu exe for IE installation how come the computer could successfully read linkid in one case but not the other nbsp

A:Solved: Windows Update shows a blank screen in IE6

I did not realized that this problem of not being able to view the Windows Update webpage was due to corrupted WinXP system files, which was repaired by Windows File Protection, by running "sfc /scannow" at the command line.

Thanks to the helpful suggestions I received from members of this Forum, especially MCSA and Bernardus, and ozrom1e, from Start->run-> I typed "sfc /scannow" (without using the Restoration CD), and in just 5 minutes, all my problems are solved. System Restore works, all my user accounts are good, Windows Update screen comes out nicely in all of them, I can upgrade to IE 7, the streaming images are displayed nicely, and I can print webpages and Eudora emails from any user accounts. It is simply great!!! I do not need to reformat my hard drive. I do not need to reinstall WinXP or any software programs on my computer. "sfc /scannow" works like magic, it repaired my corrupted Win XP system files in a flash!!!

PS. In order to avoid the use of Restoration CD for "sfc /scannow" repair, I followed the instruction on http://www.updatexp.com\scannow-sfc.html.
I navigated to the location in my registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSFT\Windows\CurrentVersion\SetUp
and set SourcePath (in the right panel) to C:\, since I have the folder i386 in my C drive.

Happy Kathy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-shows-a-blank-screen-in-ie6.533592/
Relevancy 55.04%

I ve posted in this forum under a different name a while ago but I forgot my username and my old email host went down so I made a new one Anyway I know that the MX is a really old card but it s the only thing I got right now I pulled it from another working PC so I do know the card still works fine I placed in another PC booted up and got the ugly x resolution I could change the = Nvidia driver Solved: MX400 upgrade blank GeForce2 screen! resolution in the Displays settings fine However some old games that required OpenGL just wouldn t run at all while they would run fine on the other PC Also I couldn t play videos in VLC or Windows Media Player I forgot all Solved: Nvidia GeForce2 MX400 driver upgrade = blank screen! about updating the drivers so I upgraded the drivers using the last supported version for my MX v from the Nvidia site I got the quot Drivers updated successfully please restart quot message and restarted The PC restarted the Windows logo appeared the loading bar moved around and then the screen just went completely blank I could only boot the PC into VGA or safe mode so I used System Restore to go back to the time I removed the driver And now everything is fine again Except that I can t watch videos or play D games The other PC also had the latest drivers installed and worked fine Not sure why this is happening to this PC Oh yeah and heres my specs OS Solved: Nvidia GeForce2 MX400 driver upgrade = blank screen! WinXP SP Processor P HT Ghz quot Northwood quot Mobo FIC P Solved: Nvidia GeForce2 MX400 driver upgrade = blank screen! - PE Max RAM GB PC DDR nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

My problem seems to be two fold Dxdiag is reporting everything in display as n a ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name REBECCA-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD System Model MS- after screen DxDiag and driver video install card display blank BIOS Default System BIOS Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Driver Name Driver File Version Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B -B DAEC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital Output Realtek High Definition Audio Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVHD sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- ------------------- DirectInput Devices ------------------- Device Name Mouse Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Device Name Keyboard Attached Controller ID n a Vendor Product ID n a FF Driver n a Poll w Interrupt No When I install my video card drivers for my Ati Radeon HD it will load the Bios screen but when it gets to windows it goes blank I can hear it starting up and if I type in my password on the blank screen it will take me to my background image but do nothing else I can get to safe mode If I uninstall the drivers I can load regularly but can not play any games that need directx Windows automatically downloads some VGA drivers When it restarts the computer returns to blank screen at login Edit Also when I do install the ATI ... Read more

A:DxDiag display and blank screen after video card driver install

I solved both issues. They had to do with use of dual monitors, so it was making my television the primary monitor and not my comp's monitor. Unplugged the television and reinstalled the driver, works perfectly now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dxdiag-display-and-blank-screen-after-video-card-driver-install.169818/
Relevancy 55.04%

Just updated my bios to the last version through HP assistance app and after it restarted the screen went blank and the caps lock flashing! What can I do to fix it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Screen-went-blank-and-caps-lock-flashing-after-bios-update/td-p/5730447
Relevancy 55.04%

I have been struggling for two days trying to get to the boot up screen, since windows did a major update without warning. The machine is active and I have tried to use your script to get a bios reset without any success and as there is no terminal for an external screen I am getting no where. It would appear that windows has wiped out my screen drivers and changed the bois how is this possible. Debra  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Envy-23D052-after-windows-update-Blank-screen-on-startup/td-p/5776582
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi

I have bought this laptop 2 months ago yesterday, the Windows updated and as I update and restart everything stalled it takes me to the logon page and then the desktop appear but it is blank and i can't access anything.

Please can someone help? It is urgent

A:Satelite C50D-A0302 - blank screen after Windows update

Hi

I really don't know what is wrong there but if you cannot use updated Windows try please to make system restore. How to do this you can read on http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB2A03ES0000R01.htm

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?77935-Satelite-C50D-A0302-blank-screen-after-Windows-update
Relevancy 55.04%

Inspiron N first launched in January Upgraded recently to Windows without incident The laptop worked fine for several weeks It was only after the updates began arriving that my troubles began After each of the first two updates and the customary restart the screen would go blank There Windows update 10 Inspiron Screen after - N50500 Unrecoverable Blank it remained for two or three days until for some unknown reason the desktop became visible again Basically all I had done was boot it leave it on for a few hours and re-boot it Unrecoverable Blank Screen after Windows 10 update - Inspiron N50500 again I repeated this process over and over for a couple of days I also consulted a number of online forums during this time tried some of the suggestions offered to no avail Basically it all seemed to come down to this boot wait re-boot again process That makes little sense to me but something caused the screen to become operative again until this last update nearly ten days ago As you may imagine when Unrecoverable Blank Screen after Windows 10 update - Inspiron N50500 Windows informed me the next update would be applied at the next restart I viewed it with both trepidation and annoyance And this time it hasn t come back Except for the blank screen the computer seems completely functional The screen isn t completely black but appears to be back-lit There is a discernible glow emanating from it I am able to enter my password at the appropriate time and it will complete the boot-up process nbsp I just can t see anything on the screen Today I inserted the recovery disks I d made back when I turned the computer on the first time only to have it terminate with the following Runtime Error quot Program X windows system RESTORE exeThis application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way Please contact the application s support team for more information quot Restore exe Application ErrorThe exception unknown software exception x occurred in the application at location x eClick OK to terminate the programWhile I usually try to do all the right things it s doubtful that Microsoft or Dell will have any interest resolving my dinky little problem So I m hoping some of you can offer some suggestions I m pretty much dead on the water and out of ideas

A:Unrecoverable Blank Screen after Windows 10 update - Inspiron N50500

douglasgrubbs, I hope you can see this, because it looks as if I might have found a solution.
I found an old monitor in the far reaches of my attic, hooked it up to the laptop and booted up. Viola! I had a visible desktop. After a time a message popped up indicating a need for a restart. Not a cold, hard boot. A RESTART! There are Windows 10 updates that needed to be installed and they could only be installed on a restart. (That's the part I've been missing because I couldn't see it on a blank screen.)
I clicked "Restart Now" on the message, and let it go. (It took quite a bit of time to install the updates)
So, douglas, if you can see this, find and hook up an external monitor and complete the updates that are waiting for you. That's been the problem all along.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19658786
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello - First time - Blank MS Can't - Essentials Screen CCleaner Update Won't Flashes Delete posting My computer has been running ridiculously slow for quite awhile When I login to Windows it goes to a blank screen Can't Update MS Essentials - CCleaner Won't Delete - Flashes Blank Screen then loads the desktop All programs take a long time to initiate and load I can't update Microsoft Security Essentials and CCleaner isn't deleting the files It goes through the entire process but then shows bytes removed I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and it found nothing When I looked in add remove programs the version of Malwarebytes wasn't the same as the one on my laptops so I uninstalled it It might be a good version but I wasn't sure The version was My computer hangs and freezes even Bleeping Computers became unresponsive and most of the time it takes a long time for a webpage to unfreeze and respond again Everything I click on is delayed and some things doesn't open at all I have multiple can't load page errors I downloaded FRST per the prep guide listed for this forum When I tried to save it to my desktop I message popped up at the bottom on my page that said FRST exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer It gave me options Delete Action View Downloads I decided to go with Action and it gave a Smart filter warning I had to choose Run Anyway and then it installed I don't know if that's an issue or not so hopefully someone here to tell me Right now my computer is not protected I have the firewall on but my antivirus cannot update Here is the FRST log and I've attached the additional log Thanks in advance Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by gregory butler administrator on GOLFCART - - Running from C Users gregory butler Desktop Loaded Profiles gregory butler amp UpdatusUser Available Profiles gregory butler amp UpdatusUser Platform Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe Creative Technology Ltd C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTAudSvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE Realtek Semiconductor Corp C Windows SOUNDMAN EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MpCmdRun exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NVIDIA Update Core daemonu exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wuauclt exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Microsoft Corporation C Progra... Read more

A:Can't Update MS Essentials - CCleaner Won't Delete - Flashes Blank Screen

Hi & to Bleeping Computer Forums!
My name is Jürgen and I will be assisting you with your Malware related problems.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully:
My native language isn't English. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Please read my instructions completely. If there is anything that you do not understand kindly ask before proceeding.
Perform everything in the correct order. Sometimes one step requires the previous one.
If you have any problems while you are follow my instructions, Stop there and tell me the exact nature of your problem.
If you have illegal/cracked software, cracks, keygens, etc. on the system, please remove or uninstall them now!
Do not run any other scans without instruction or Add/ Remove Software unless I tell you to do so. This would change the output of our tools and could be confusing for me.
Post all Logfiles as a reply rather than as an attachment unless I specifically ask you. If you can not post all logfiles in one reply, feel free to use more posts.
If I don't hear from you within 5 days from this initial or any subsequent post, then this thread will be closed.
If I don't reply within 24 hours please PM me!
Stay with me. I will give you some advice about prevention after the cleanup process. Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean.
Step 1
Please download TDSSiller and save it to your Desktop.
Start tdsskiller.exe with administrator privileges.
Accept the EULA and the KSN Statement.
Click on Change parameters. (1)
Make sure that all available options (except "Loaded modules") are checked and click OK. (2)
Click on Start scan.
If any threats are found don't delete them but choose the Skip option for all of them.
Click on Report (3) to open the log file. (It is also saved at C:\TDSSKiller.<version_date_time>_log.txt).
Copy and paste its contents in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592574/cant-update-ms-essentials-ccleaner-wont-delete-flashes-blank-screen/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Guys I have samsung ativ book laptop with switchable graphics between Intel HD and ATI I have holding off on windows update because it failed last two times and gave me black screen after logon I had to restore restore , Blank screen System and they fail Update Windows during previous two occasions But outstanding windows update KB's has been piling up since so decided to do the fresh attempts this time I manually created restore points and then updated the windows I did have latest graphics drivers before update I thought Microsoft might have fixed this problem but turn out to be same issue Blank screen after logon with mouse cursor I used task manager to run msconfig boot into safe mode uninstalled Intel as well as ATI drivers After rebooting I still was getting blank screen with mouse cursor even though Windows Update , Blank screen and they System restore fail it was using basic Microsoft graphics driver So I concluded that its one of those windows update causing this problem I tried few things here and there but nothing worked so decided to restore But restore failed and windows went into diagnostic Windows Update , Blank screen and they System restore fail in startup it went on attempt to repair few time and finally said that I need to restore Windows showed me only restore point the recent one My manually created and previous restore points were wiped out So Windows Update , Blank screen and they System restore fail I clicked on whatever available That too failed Now my pc doesnt start I mean it start and shows only blank screen If I reach to repair menu there is no restore point found repair start up fails boot into safe mode with networking shows blank screen does anyone has any suggestion Of course I can take a backup and wipe out everything But would like to give it a try to fix it as I have taken lot of efforts to customize this Laptop Thanks Girish

A:Windows Update , Blank screen and they System restore fail

Can you get the command prompt?
With the command prompt it may be possible to find the updates and remove them.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70088-windows-update-blank-screen-they-system-restore-fail.html
Relevancy 55.04%

How long do I have to wait? I waited for like 10 min the fan was still going on and the cap lock was still blinking but nothing hapened.
My CPU started heating so I unplugged the computer.
help me plz.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Probook-6550b-bios-update-caused-blank-screen/td-p/5663691
Relevancy 54.18%

Good day Sirs I recently updated an ACER aspire BIOS used the update The update was carried out from within Windows XP and after it completed the system was rebooted The system started with thick white vertical bars and black horizontal bars making it difficult to read or see what s on the screen properly From my search on the Net it seems I should have used the BIOS update instead Someone spock managed to update his BIOS with the correct version despite not being able to see what s on the screen http forums techguy org hardware -acer-aspire- -a html I have created the Phoenix Crises Recovery disk using a GB USB HDD I created a GB partition set it active and used this partition I renamed the BIOS file to BIOS WPH I managed to enable the option F select boot device Unfortunately since after I press F during boot and the boot option screen comes BIOS screen after Aspire 1800 garbled Acer update Solved: up I can t see the options because the screen is garbled I find it difficult to boot from the USB HDD I also tried the auto-option pressing Fn Esx Fn B Solved: Acer Aspire 1800 screen garbled after BIOS update Winkey B during boot but that didn t work I am assuming the USB HDD is on the list that pops up I have tried an external monitor and the display is garbled Solved: Acer Aspire 1800 screen garbled after BIOS update as well Please can someone kindly give me the exact set of keys to press after pressing F when the boot option screen comes up to select Solved: Acer Aspire 1800 screen garbled after BIOS update the option to boot from the USB HDD I have included an autoexec bat file on the HDD that should run the flash utility automatically if I can get the system to boot from the USB HDD Thank you very much Best Regards nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

hi,my computer has suddenly been crashing to a black screen (everything else is still on) while im in the middle of browsing the web. i reformatted and tried system restores... they all worked until i installed my driver for the AMD gpu. after instaling the gpu and rebooting, i get to the log in page and will get a black screen again after seeing my desktop for a few seconds. i tried different drivers , 6800 series, catalyst omega, beta... all dont work. is there a driver specifically for 6870? whats gone wrong. hopefully u can help here please.

Relevancy 52.03%

Please i have Acer Aspire 8935g.
I installed Windows 7 64-bit on it.
And system was recovered with Acronis True Image Home two days ago.
I have constant BSOD sometimes when I am watching video sometimes when browser is opened it just go down. I have no idea what to do.
Laptop is 1.5 years old.
Please help

A:Constant BSOD on Aspire 8935g

Hello Celebi, welcome to SF!

There are a couple of things here that seem to need attention:

1. Your log says your AVAST installation has / had a problem. Might be a good idea to (re-)install newest there.

2. Your latest dump points to atikmdag.sys which could mean that it would smart to install the latest from AMD: Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

Be carefull here... smartest is to remove Catalyst center and only renew the graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176785-constant-bsod-aspire-8935g.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi. We are having this issue on W7 x86 Ultimate with an Asus M2N-VM DH mobo, which has an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE / nForce 430 GPU. If we leave the default driver that Windows installs, we can use Media Center full screen, BUT we can't run the native resolution of the monitor, which is an LG L245WP-BN. When we try to run the install disk supplied with the mobo, which supposedly contains Vista drivers, we get an error saying they "can't be installed on this operating system."
We've been able to install nVidia drivers from other sources, but with *all* the ones we've tried so far, including the 275.33 mentioned here, we get a black screen (with sound) when Media Center is in full-screen mode.
Previously we were running XP MCE and had no such problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Black Screen After Nvidia Driver Update

Hi Lestrad. This thread is old and I am now using the 295.73 driver from Feb 2012. did you try using Driver sweep I linked to in previous post, reboot and install a newer driver. Download the driver first, Run Sweeper, go to Device manager and click your display adapter.
In the driver tab, Update or install driver and choose browse my computer and point to the driver folder you downloaded. This will install the driver only and not the rest of nVIDIA bloat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/248848-black-screen-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hey guys, I've been having issues for a while with the PC in question. Today I was sure that I'd resolve any issues it was having (a lofty goal at this point) and so I booted it into safe mode + networking an installed the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 550ti. Upon rebooting, regardless of whether or not the PCI power is plugged into the card, I get this:

client mad addr D4 85 64 04 BB 9B

If necessary I'll edit in the rest of the string of code. Any suggestions?

EDIT: It progresses to an improper boot device screen after saying PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM. All drives are connected, I hit the key to progress and I get Disk I/O Error; Replace the Disk and hit any key. When I do, it comes back to the client mac addr screen, and it all happens again.

A:Client Mac Address Screen after GFX Driver Update

Hi -

DISK I/O Error may indicate the HDD is failing.

Run HDD diags - - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/client-mac-address-screen-after-gfx-driver-update-669506.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an HP DV8T entertainment laptop with an Nvidia GeForce GT 230M. The current driver is version 267.67. The latest from Nvidia is 280.26.

When I install 280.26, everything appears to go great...until I re-boot. I get the boot screen with the windows logo and the swirly dots. After that, nothing. Just a black screen with the cooling fans screaming.

I tried to uninstall the current 267.67 driver and then install the 280.26 version but I get a pop-up that says "No compatible device found." I also tried to "Uninstall current driver" from the custom install menu on the Nvidia installer. Again, everything appeared to go well until re-boot. Logo, swirly dots...black screen.

Thank goodness for the ability to create system restore points or I could possibly be re-installing Windows.

Any insight as to why I am unable to successfully update this driver?

A:Black Screen After Nvidia Driver Update

Usually, you will want to do a clean installation. Sometimes going from one version of driver to another might cause some issues.

Who manufactured your card? In some cases, specific manufactures 'tweak' their cards and sometimes the reference drivers are not recommended, but to use the manufacturer's drivers. But one thing you might want to also consider is a driver cleaner after you uninstall the current driver you are running with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/183764-black-screen-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 51.17%

i just went through and updated all drivers and now i can't change the screen resolution. it is stuck on 800 x 600. i have tried both the graphics card setting and the pc setting. i turn it all the way up it says its been changed but nothig happens. i have an O.K. computer (laptop) Asus G50 with Nvidia 9800m GS 512mb ram running vista home basic 64bit Intel Centrino 2. any helped will be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 51.17%

Hello Everyone I m after Black Update Driver Screen NVIDIA Coal and a friend of mine Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update has suggested i post my problem on this website after we both came up with nothing despite working on it half a day Two days ago i updated my NVIDIA Drivers to the latest http www nvidia com object notebook-win -winvista- bit- -whql-driver html Half way through the installation process the computer screen turned black Now i didn t think much of it at first and i had to go on my afternoon exercise so i left it there A few hours later when i came back my screen was still black so i shut my computer down with the power button and restarted it Everything was working fine the rest of the day I shut down the computer when i was about to go to sleep i did see the computer installing Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update a windows update on shutdown but again thought nothing of it and went to sleep The next day after i entered my password and logged on the computer showed my desktop at a very low resolution for about half a second and then the screen went black Several restarts later and nothing had changed I tried a few suggested options i got from searching around on my old laptop but none of them worked So i Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update booted into safemode and did a system restore Everything worked fine from then on like nothing had changed I noticed that the restore point was set before a quot Critical Update quot and thought it was mentioned the windows update So i set windows update to not update unless i told it to Today however The same thing happened When i logged in i got a glimpse of a poor resolutioned desktop and then everything went black I tried system restoring twice before the restore point itself disappeared no change I booted up in safe mode and uninstalled my visual driver what i now think is causing the problem I can now boot normally fine so long as i don t have a visual driver installed However immediately after i log in the computer auto-installs the quot latest quot visual driver and asks me to restart to finish the installation i can choose restart later keeping me here Restarting will just give me the black screen again Even if i unplug the cable disable wireless which i don t even have No matter what i do it automatically installs a driver leaving my plan of installing an older version crushed If anyone would be able to help i promise lots of hugs and kisses

A:Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update

Did you try installing drivers in safe mode? Use previous or beta driver if you do.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454921/black-screen-after-nvidia-driver-update/
Relevancy 51.17%

So i had to reinstall Windows 8 on my PC, and as usual i install Drivers and such first. Normally it worked, now after i restart the Computer to finish the Driver Updates, i get Black Screen after Windows 8 loading Screen. Can someone help?

A:AMD Driver Update. Black Screen after Restart.

If the harddrive is busy/active youll have to wait it out.

Sometimes theres allot to do and unfortunately its doing it while there is no display making you believe something's wrong.

If the harddrive is calm, and there is still no video, then you'll have to start the computer in safe mode.

Depending on your laptop this may be easy or difficult depending on how new your laptop is and the boot speed..

Get into safe mode and uninstall your video drivers, then reboot.

Safe mode is usually entered by repeatedly pressing F8 during boot, but on newer systems it moves too fast..

Others have has success wailing on the spacebar during boot causing windows to respond as if a boot error and gives you the diagnostics option and safemode.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/25396-amd-driver-update-black-screen-after-restart.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 860A9008
BCP2: 9780E72A
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080814-23166-01.dmp
C:\Users\Woodson\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-250490-0.sysdata.xml

A:Screen has been going black (twice) since graphics driver update

I haven't done anything else major besides updating the graphics driver (nvidia), so my best guess right now is that's what's causing it. What can I do? Both times the screen has died I've had to manually shut down, both were during very inopportune times, and I can't have it keep happening. Thanks guys.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-has-been-going-black-twice-since-graphics-driver-update-876657.html