Windows Support Forum

Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

Q: Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 54.18%

All item id s work on newegg com XCLIO Windtunnel Fully Black Finish mm SECC Chassis ATX Full Tower Item N E GIGABYTE GA-P -DS L LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Item N E EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS SSC MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail Item N E Thermaltake W RU Complies with ATX V amp EPS V version W Power Supply - Retail Item N E Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor Model BX E - Retail Item N E OCZ SLI-Ready Edition GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM you please! what of setup building Tell this im me think DDR PC Micron D Chip Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ N SR GK - Retail Item N E SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S B - OEM Item N E ZALMAN CNPS AT Ball CPU Cooling Fan Heatsink - Retail Item N E Subtotal ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Yes the CPU is a placeholder as I am waiting for the Core Duo E Questions I have Does anyone see any problems with this setup Will everything here work with Tell me what you think of this setup im building please! the new E Opinions on getting a non SLI board Opinions on Tell me what you think of this setup im building please! the memory standard Any other suggestions are much appreciated Thank you for your time nbsp

Relevancy 52.46%

My buddy lives on a a to building steel Input on to wireless best how setup farm he put up a new steel builing--with office etc In the house he has Input on how to best setup wireless to a steel building a linksys G router setup with a desktop and runs or laptops off and on in the house and everything works good The steel building is about to ft from house He can t get a signal in the building I no steel will block wireless but can anyone tell me what is the best answer to his problem how can he get a setup that will let him get a good signal in the steel building at a decent cost Would it help using a linksys N router or would that not make a difference would he have to go to an outside anntena to get the signal and if so how do you set those up and what is good at a good cost Can someone take the time to explain what equitment would be best and how to set it up Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guys This is a cross between networking and hardware networking is not the major problem here but i want to build a server out of an old desktop terminal i have I am using a SATA card and am going to boot to that card which will have hard disks on it Here is a listing on the card i found on newegg i know its lower end but all i want is SATA im not using any RAID setups http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N and a Building setup works Solved: to make want suggessted sure server E The two drives I want to use are a GB drive which will boot windows xp pro and contain the software needed for the server http www newegg com Solved: Building a server and want to make sure suggessted setup works Product Product aspx Item N E The server drive will be TB and will contain the folders that will be shared with the rest of the network http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E My question is about the sata speed drive sizes and compatibility First one will having a gbps SATA device on a GB device work I realize i will not get the speed but will it work as the slower speed just like a usb card can be backwords compatible with a device Second will the card detect the entire drive I know the gb shouldnt be a problem because it is small but the TB concerns me Will windows see the entire TB Also at boot time if for any reason i need to run a setup disc will the drive be seen or will i need to wire the device to the normal ide interface for setup and basically jockey the connection back to the SATA once the setup is done Just need some advice thank you in advance nbsp

A:Solved: Building a server and want to make sure suggessted setup works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-building-a-server-and-want-to-make-sure-suggessted-setup-works.758317/
Relevancy 51.17%

My Dell Dimension 3000 desktop with Windows XP starts when I turn on the power strip instead of when I push the Dimension 3000 button. It then says I need to run setup: F1 to continue, F2 to run setup. If I push F1, it starts Windows and the clock is set at November 2004, which is probably when the computer was built. It will run, but extremely slowly. I don't have the info to run setup, other than the date and time. This happened after the last bunch of Microsoft updates. What should I do?

Relevancy 50.74%

I m working on a gateway computer made in with a mhz processor and GB harddrive that has windows installed I was uninstalling programs as well as reconfiguring windows setup I took off Microsoft windows exchange and all MSN components I took off little things like calculator desktop wallpaper paint etc After doing this the computer said to reboot so I did When the system started back up everything came up loaded and then after loading a grey box popped up and said could not locate shortcut for MSN wanted to use quot ccdialer quot before I finished reading I accidently click my mouse on yes and now every time you start the computer after loading a grey box appears with a big white Q with an mark inside of it and beside this it reads as follows Usage ccdialer e f szMnids MSN SHORTCUT h I don t know how to fix this I tried to go back appears windows (ccdialer) setup changed into WIN setup and add MSN back in but this didn t help I was going to use the boot cd to try and fix but I don t want to mess up all other software loaded and I wasn t sure if that changed windows setup (ccdialer) appears would fix the problem I would really appreciate any help you can give One more note the computer is using GB of the Gb harddrive I cannot access MS-DOS or restart in MS-DOS not enough vitual memory or so the computer says Only has MB ram Please help Thank you very much Redwolf nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I m new here Yesterday I got a virus on Setup screen Virus Changed Black Files, my computer that was detected by the trend PC anti virus program and it Virus Changed Setup Files, Black screen said it Virus Changed Setup Files, Black screen modified start up files so I told the virus program to undo the changes it seemed like all was well so I turned off my computer and went to school When i got home I tried to turn on my computer only to see a black screen and hear no beep and im pretty sure its the virus but since theres not even any writing or a mouse on the screen I cant enter my bios or recover I was wondering what components I need to replace to fix this or a way to get to that recovery menu so i can recover back before i downloaded the virus and solve the problem instantly but I cant get to it since nothing happens when I turn my PC on anyone got any ideas Oh and im pretty sure its a boot sector virus Computer model Compaq Presario SR AN Desktop Computer Processor AMD Athlon X dual core processor RAM MB DDR Hard-drive GB G GFX Nvidea Geforce GT D I realise it may not have been the virus which is why I posted in this section of the forum as I have seen similar problems but without mention of a virus nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/virus-changed-setup-files-black-screen.758692/
Relevancy 50.31%

im currently working on my brothers computer its an older windows xp with an after changed prior off to setup settings Com up, I shuts power :/ athlon single Com shuts off prior to power up, after I changed setup settings :/ core mb ddr ram and a ak -ec motherboard i was trying to reformat and reinstall windows Com shuts off prior to power up, after I changed setup settings :/ when i happened to press the wrong button on startup and it brought me to the setup menu so i changed Com shuts off prior to power up, after I changed setup settings :/ the st boot sequence to cd drive i disabled the floppy boot cus i got rid of it and i changed the memory clocks to instead of cus i thought it would improve its performance so i save and quit and the com shuts off when i went to boot it back up it beeped times then shuts off before it even gets to the first info screen i kept trying it and it actually stayed on once but the beep is now a continuous note not to mention the monitor wouldnt recognize the computer i tried unplugging it and turning it off and back on but nothing works i would like to know how to get to the setup screen again and revert the settings back to how they were is there a way to get around that or a way to fix it please and thank you nbsp

A:Com shuts off prior to power up, after I changed setup settings :/

You can clear the BIOS settings to default values by removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes. Make sure the PC is off and unplugged. It won't necessarily go back to the settings you had before unless they were default. You will have to manually do that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/com-shuts-off-prior-to-power-up-after-i-changed-setup-settings.158798/
Relevancy 49.88%

the password was changed in setup and it allowed the entry plus confirmation entry.  Now that it prompts me it wont recognize capital letters.  Please advise.

Thanks,

Disco

A:Changed admin password in bios setup...doesn't recognize

resolved.  Moved the password jumper on the MB to clear the password from 2,3 pins to the 1,2 pins then back.  computer now boots up...on to the next step/thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627595/changed-admin-password-in-bios-setupdoesnt-recognize/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am facing a problem for past few days almost a month The setup script address on proxy settings in my laptop gets changed automatically to http n net proxy pac even after resetting or deleting the registry values I tried almost every solution I found on internet but nothing could come to any assistance So I decided to post this as a topic When the proxy setup address is set to the given link interface of Google gets changed Screenshot is attached below And to my suspicion the malware might be from my gmail account since I use that account to log on in google chrome And another problem is just when I see the address got changed after resetting which means the malware changed Setup http://n.net/proxy.pac automatically to script address gets attacked again several apps get installed on my android phone automatically if the phone is Setup script address gets automatically changed to http://n.net/proxy.pac connected to internet Hence to mention that I use the same gmail account in play store in my mobile That's how my suspicion built up So the question is how I can get rid of this problem Any help would be lifesaving for me Thanks in advance

A:Setup script address gets automatically changed to http://n.net/proxy.pac

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.POST THE LOG FOR MY REVIEW.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.How to attach a file to your reply:In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.Attach the file.Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.Click the file you wish to Attach.Click the Add reply button.===How is the computer running now?Wait for further instructions.p.s.Make sure you clean everything that the Malwarebytes program will identify.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603787/setup-script-address-gets-automatically-changed-to-httpnnetproxypac/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Old/Great HP D531 Desktop that I did two things at same time, now no boot up and can't access bios for setup changes.

1) Changed bios battery;
2) added power to USB 3.0 PCI controller card that had been installed month earlier;
3) Now boots to HP logo and nothing;
4) USB keyboard not getting power so F2, F8, F12, ESC do not work;
5) Years ago added a 500gb harddrive [SATA3] with three partitions (J,K,M);
6) Computer was upgraded years ago from VISTA 64 on original C drive [SATA0] to Win7 64 on new drive partition J;
7) At times the attached file info appears which maybe of help.

Any non-sarcastic advice is much appreciated since on SS and can't afford another PC.

A:Changed BIOS Battery, Can't Boot/Access Setup; However USB Keyboard OK

Hope you installed USB3 drivers, coz there arn't any in W7.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/396328-changed-bios-battery-cant-boot-access-setup-however-usb-keyboard-ok.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi I already have a desktop computer specs are below with Windows installed in it and I was interested in upgrading it to a quot Triple Monitor Gaming Setup quot with a powerful quot Graphic Video Card quot E g AMD Radeon R to Setup"? Building Monitor A related "Triple Questions Series or NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti so that I'm able to play any recent Games on it The sizes of PC Monitors I want to get are inches Now I have a few questions here they're With the Questions related to Building A "Triple Monitor Setup"? Desktop Computer that I have at the moment what quot parts quot do I need to upgrade in order to have a quot Triple Monitor Gaming Setup quot What Monitor brand do you suggest Concerning the Monitor can you please explained to me what the quot ms quot mean and is it really important For example some led TV are Ms and other are Ms I have been told that with a quot Triple Monitor Setup quot it's not worth buying Questions related to Building A "Triple Monitor Setup"? three monitors that have a higher resolution than p E g x due to the simple fact that most PC Questions related to Building A "Triple Monitor Setup"? Games don't support such a high resolution Is it actually true Thanks in advance and I would appreciate any suggestion Yannik Here Are Some Upgrade Parts I Think I Will Need - Graphic Video Card AMD RADEON E g R SERIES R X R X R X and R X ----VS ---- NVIDIA GEFORCE E g GTX Ti OR GTX TITAN GTX TITAN Black and GTX TITAN Z - Triple Monitors Mount Stand - Up to quot or quot - Three Monitors quot or quot Any Brand Acer LG Samsung Asus HP Etc Suggestion - Power Supply How many quot wattage quot will I need - Gigabyte Internal Memory RAM How many more quot Gbs quot I need - Processor Intel Core i CPU Is it powerful enough to run a Triple Monitor Setup with a big Graphic Video Card - Fans Building a Triple Monitor Setup will probably create more heat but is it enough to need to purchase more Fans My Desktop Computer Specs Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz GHz Installed Memory RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System Windows Edition Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Graphic Video Card ATI Radeon HD Series - Memory MB Gb - Mode X bit Hz Mother board Gigabyte X A-UD R Ultra Durable Active Sound Card Creative X-FI Audio Processor WDM - Speakers Creative SB X-FI - Sound Card ATI High Definition Audio Device

A:Questions related to Building A "Triple Monitor Setup"?

1) Just your GPU unless you have something like a 500w PSU
2) Asus gets my vote every day of the week
3) Ms refers to the response time in terms of milliseconds. The lower the number the better.
4) Going higher than 1080p may cause you to run into the limitations of the GPU as it has to render 3 images at 1920x1080 for all intensive purposes thats the best part of 6k! But a 780ti 4gb will handle this fine, a 3gb version may struggle on the more demanding titles that are very Vram intensive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/338495-questions-related-building-triple-monitor-setup.html
Relevancy 43%

hi folks i am currently enrolled in a IT coarse and have a good basic understanding of computer components and the way they work. I wish to build a computer from scratch to give me a bit more experience and knowledge. I am still basically an novice when it comes to this kind of stuff so the experience and help of tech spot users would be greatly appreciated .
my first question is what kind of motherboard should i get? I have done a bit of research and have concluded that it should be sata compatible, with a reasonable fsb speed and have room for expansion. please bear in mind that I am a student and will have to save up for each component so not to expensive . thanks

A:Building a new computer

Look at the sticky in the General Hardware forum for PC building. There are a couple of great links there that will help you with the actual building.

And of course, there's always us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.126951/
Relevancy 43%

I need help with the power supply unit.

I can't make up my mind on these two products..

1.Link

2.Link2

Which is better? or suggest something better?

I'm aiming to build a computer for gaming that would last me at least 2 years.

So far I have...

CPU

Motherboard

and ...

my HD

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA/300 7200RPM 32MB HD
What graphics card around $120 would be good?

I will also add DDR3 RAM ASAP. At least 4 gigs.
help?

Relevancy 43%

I have a case, with some fans, CD drive and floppy, I want to upgrade, just about everything else. I want to do it as cheap as possable, with reguards to playing top of the line games. Basicly I want a fast processer, with a butload of ram. That part I think I can handle. and s decient video card.
Tell me what I need. (so I dont forget anything) good mother board? processer, what kind of ram? And keep it cheap, I would like to do it for as close to 600 as possable.

Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I will most likely be building a new computer soon, and it will be my first time. I am pretty advanced when it comes to tech stuff, but always like to be safe. I was just wondering if you guys could recommend some sites that help with building PC's or that have a tutorials or advice sections. Or if you have advice, feel free to share it. Thank you!

Relevancy 43%

I am building a new computer for my friend He is a D gamer and wanted a good computer computer. Building new a for cheap I built this on Newegg com and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about my purchasing choices NEC X Black DVD -RW Drive Building a new computer. Model ND- A GW OEM Bulk http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE Samsung Black X CD-ROM Model SH- AEBUB OEM http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE Western Digital GB RPM IDE Hard Drive Model WD BB OEM http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE KEYBOARD- KB- BB P Keyboard and Optical Mouse Combo PS keys -RETAIL http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE Mushkin Basic Green Pin MB DDR PC- - Retail http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE MSI quot K N Delta Platinum quot NVIDIA nForce Ultra Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket A CPU -RETAIL http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE AMD Athlon XP quot Barton quot FSB K Cache Processor - Retail http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON Video Card MB DDR -bit DVI TV-Out X AGP - BULK http www newegg com app viewProductDesc asp description - - amp catalog amp manufactory BROWSE He has a case w PS monitor and speakers Thx nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hey, Im from the Uk, And i was looking to build my own pc. I wanted somebody to help me with choosing the parts, at the moment i have no idea, i wanted to spend around 200 Pound. I wanted a computer that will be fast, and maybe be able to run medium games and i would like it to be quick and not to expensive

Relevancy 43%

I have almost finished my computer and only need the garphics card for it to be complete. I installed the sony dru-810a last and decided to power up my system to see if everything turned on, fans etc. My questions is whether or not the dvd drive should open and close despite the computer build not being complete. Right now it does nothing, no lights and it doesent respond when i push the open/close button. It is hooked up to the motherboard and the power supply.

A:Building computer

double chech your frontpanel header connections against the mainboard manual.

If you know what your doing, unplug the frontpanel power swtch from the header and short the pins with a screwdriver (works the same as flicking the switch).

If all is well there and it still won't power at all, unplug the USB headers and try again.

Provided everything is connected up properly, you should at least get a post beep out of it.

Some common causes of failure to power at all are...

ps/2 mouse and keyboard pluged in each others ps/2 ports
ps/2 mouse plug pins/pin dmaged (not so common, but it's happened to me once)
Incorrectly connected front panel header
Incorrectly connected USB header(s)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer.45030/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I am going to build a new computer for Building New Computer. a gaming mostly and web surfing I am wondering if these products I found Building a New Computer. are compatible with Building a New Computer. each other or if I need to change some stuff The most problems I have is finding out which CPU and motherboard to get Newegg ca - Western Digital WD RE WD ABYX GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb amp s amp Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Newegg ca - AMD FX- Zambezi GHz Socket AM amp W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD FRGUBOX Newegg ca - Thermaltake V Black Edition Gaming Chassis Mid Tower Steel Computer Case Fully Black Powdered Interior VM W Z Newegg ca - ASUS M A R AM amp AMD SATA Gb amp s USB ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS Newegg ca - CORSAIR Vengeance GB amp x GB amp -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR amp PC amp Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M A C Newegg ca - COOLER MASTER DK - E A- L-GP CPU Cooler Compatible with AMD AM amp AM Newegg ca - CORSAIR Builder Series CX W ATX V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply Newegg ca - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card amp - - G amp

A:Building a New Computer.

I'm not up on current AMD platforms, but I can tell you that you are better off dumping the FX-8120 and getting the FX-8320 or FX-8350. There is only about 30 bucks difference and the 8320/8350's perform much better than last generations 8100 series.

Save some money and go with the Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600MHz RAM(2 x 4gb sticks). You need an even number of RAM sticks, and as cheap as RAM is, you either need 8 or 16gb. For gaming, you'll never max out your 8gb.

Spend the money on a good SSD for your OS drive as it is the component you will see the greatest improvement in. Nothing else will give you the performance boost an SSD does.

Lastly, we have to do better with the video card. A video card at 100 bucks isn't going to do much for you....you might as well get an APU, which is a CPU/GPU in one package. For a "gaming" computer, there is no reason why you shouldn't spend as much on a graphics card as you did on the CPU, in my opinion. I would look into the Radeon 7850 series to start and if you want a card that will last a little longer, you can go with a 7870GHz edition.

I don't know what your budget is, but I'd rather spend the money on good quality, viable parts, than spend a little less and get parts that don't perform well, and have to do this again a year or two later. Buy once, cry once. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.........I'm sure an AMD expert will weigh in shortly and can give you some more advice.

Kelly

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/276105-building-new-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

I ve recently been looking into parts for building a nice new computer but I ve run into some questions that I have yet been able to find answers for Help Building Computer I already posted a topic on which type Help Building Computer of AMD motherboard to get and I decided to make another thread to ask my questions Right now I m wondering two things I was planning on going with an AMD motherboard and cpu however a friend informed me that Help Building Computer he has heard that they have had compatability problems which is making me consider an Intel P again I need some input on this to help me here and if P then what type of motherboard should I go for My other question has to do with a DVD Rom drive I was wondering whether a slot load drive was worth the extra money or whether I should just get a tray load Any input here on these topics would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Just started computer a need Building help!!! building my first computer Really this probably was not such an amazing idea Well getting to the facts I Building a computer need help!!! bought the following items -XION Building a computer need help!!! tower case ghost green -GeForce GT Gb graphics card -Diablotek WATT power supply ATX - GB Hard drivers and one GB -ABIT IP -E motherboard -Intel Dual core processor - stick of GB mhz RAM And my problem is that i have a red light next to the pin adap- x there is a red light And i plugged my pin plug into the v - CPU Power looked everywhere on the internet to find if it works or not And sopposibly it will work either way And at first when i hit the switch all it did was have a red light next to the power pin adap And i messed around on the internet and found out thats because the computer is in standby So i thought wow im stupid But then when i clicked ON on the computer Nothing happened And so i checked the CCMOS And placed the cap onto the other side of the pins To its normal position i guess And now when i click ON everything starts up for like seconds Also the red light contiuosly is on but on the side of the Adapter there goes a little green light but then it shuts off And i have no idea whats going on My friend said that the watts is not good enough But others say its ok I am losing my mind here someone please help also thanks in advance to anyone who is willing to help nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I have decided to build my own computer on a budget of 300.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
I have got a spec here:

Processor

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3GHz Socket AM2 2MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Mother Board

Gigabyte GA-M52L-S3 nForce 520LE Socket AM2 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

RAM

OCZ 2GB Kit (2x1GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 CL 4-4-4-15 PLATINUM XTC with LIFETIME WARRANTY

Graphics Card

PNY Verto GeForce6 6200 256MB DDR DVI VGA PCI GraphicAsus EN6200LE 64MB Turbocache supporting 256MB DDR DVI PCI-E Graphics Cards Card

Hard Drive

Seagate ST3250310AS 250GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 8MB Cache - OEM

CPU Fan

Arctic Cooling Alpine 64 GT Socket 754, 939, AM2, AM2+ Processor Cooler

PSU Power Supply (cheap might need a quality one)

Extra Value 550W ATX Silent Neon PSU - 12cm Fan/PPFC (no power cord)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Is the hardware I have chosen any good, do you recommend changing anything.

Relevancy 43%

Hi, I'm looking to build up a new computer just wondering if these parts all work together, suggestions , tips? What else will i need Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 43%

its not going so well

i got a asus kv8 motherboard and its not reading my all in wonder 9600

my friend told me they weren't compatable but i can't figure out why it wouldn't be

i tried using a pci video card too but either way i get no video out put

can anyone tell me anything

A:building a new computer and ...

Try clearing the cmos.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-computer-and.322216/
Relevancy 43%

Ok I just got done putting a computer together from scratch All s well but two problems I installed Doom to test the machine but after double clicking on the game s icon and after the small Doom with Hellknight window pops up the computer completely freezes and I have to use the tower buttons to shut it off Any ideas about how to fix this I ve got an AIW ATI Radeon Pro for a video card if that helps And I ve run the free D demos that come with the card just fine only Doom kills everything atleast from what I ve tried I believe this problem will probably be fixed with a phone call but as I hate phones I thought I would ask first Building Computer Help to get people opinion The ethernet port is working obviously since I am posting this from the new comp But when Windows XP quot Automatically retrieves IP quot it get s one that will make it so this computer will not be on the pre-existing two computer network IE the old network starts with while this Computer Building Help computer has starting the IP How can I fix this and if the call needs to be made what should I ask them to do Thank you Cory PS Full Sys Specs Asus K N mobo AIW Radeon PRO Athlon GB of PC RAM Windows XP nbsp

A:Computer Building Help

Page 2 bump...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-building-help.316178/
Relevancy 43%

hey i wanted to build a building a new computer new computer and i think that this might be the one i want can all you technical geniuses tell me if this setup is compatible with itself LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black E-IDE ATAPI Model DH- A H- Item N E Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal ty Professional Series Item N E KINGWIN Mach ABT- MA S W building a new computer Power Supply Item building a new computer N E GIGABYTE GZ-FA CA-AJB Black Computer Case With Side Panel Window Item N E ASUS M A -T Deluxe ATX AMD Motherboard Item N E CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Item N E POWERCOLOR Radeon HD X AX X GBD PH Video Card Item N E HITACHI Deskstar P building a new computer K GB quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive Item N E Arctic Silver Thermal Compound Item N E AMD Phenom GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Black Edition Processor Item N E nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I am thinking of *trying* to build a computer. Does anyone know of any good sites that can show you how to build one? Thanks

A:building a computer

Here's one... http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/index.htm ... of many from this page... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=build+your+own+computer

buck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-computer.212089/
Relevancy 43%

I posted here a little while ago asking for help with my computer and to this day I have still not fixed it. I have now decided to build a new computer.

I notice that some of you have sigs with what type of system you have. I would like some advice with what to buy and most importantly where to buy it so I can get major rebates

Im thinking something along the lines of

Asus Motherboard (not sure which one)
AMD Processor 2.5k+
ATI Radeon 9800 card.

Will my current DDR ram work with a system like this?
Whats a price effective MoBo/Processor Combo?
Looking to spend 800ish on those 3 and also soundcard and case.
(I have the hard disk and the rest already)

A:Building a new computer...

Avengus,

Some detailed benchmarks / reviews on all categories of hardware here :

http://www.tomshardware.com

And though I'm in the UK and don't use them - these people are frequently proposed as worth checking out for comparing prices :

http://www.newegg.com
You might also state what your primary use of the PC would be.

The graphics card you referred to is high end - are you a heavy gamer ? Or would something a bit more mid range be more suitable ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-computer.211872/
Relevancy 43%

Hi. I'm getting ready to build my first complete machine from scratch. Here are the components I have selected thus far... if anyone can take a look and let me know if everything looks compatable or has any info/advice it would be appreciated.

Case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811133021
-----------------------------------------------------------------

PSU:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1566997&CatId=1483
------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131073
-----------------------------------------------------

CPU:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115003
--------------------------------------------------------

Sound Card:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16829102005
-----------------------------------------------------------

Memory: (X2)

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820145153
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Graphis:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2460769&sku=P450-7888

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-computer.562607/
Relevancy 43%

Finally, I am ready to build a new computer. It will have a fast Intel processor, a top of the line GPU, a SSD for OS and programmes, as many USB 3 connections I can get, a top of the line monitor, and it will mainly be used for photo editing with CS6 and LR4. Should I wait for the launch of Intel's new processors and for W8 or just go ahead right now?

A:Building computer

The only real reason I think to "wait" for Windows 8 would be if you planned to get a touch screen monitor.

Of course, it would cost you more to do it now, as you would have to license Windows 7 and then turn around and pay for the Windows 8 upgrade license. But right now, we don't know what the stand-alone license would cost, as MS hasn't yet released this info. Since you are building new and don't have an existing Windows OS installed and licensed on this hardware, you aren't entitled to the $40 upgrade. Instead you have to buy the system builder copy (OEM) and it's not priced yet.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/7650-building-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

looking to build a new computer i probably posted this building a .... new computer before i think but its been awhile and i cant seem to find the thread so looking for suggestions for anything good and price and where to get it i building a new computer .... have a budget but willing to spend building a new computer .... more im looking to get the latest of everything this building a new computer .... is what i would get but maybe you guys might think differently let me know post P Northwood Ghz Front Side Bus RAM GeForce Ti my questions which company should i get for the GeForce TI Creative Labs which ram should i get RDRam or forgot the competitor that is rivaling RD Ram do i need that much ram uses of computer will be at bottom of post which motherboard should i get would like one with plenty PCI and AGP slots also read on something about USB and i think AGP or something like that should i get a motherboard that suports that i saw something about it on TechTV s The Screensavers what kind of case should i get any ATX compatible case power supply any particular ones that you suggest water cooled anything i should try and tackle which OS should i get id like to get a dual-boot OS i need win SE for some games that i play i also have a win k CD should i get winXP at all Hard Drives should i get or so GB HD s or maybe one big GB HD i had a HD just crash as i posted in this forum earlier this morning so would getting HD s and use one for strictly backup be something i should do as for the motherboard the floppy and hard disk controllers should already be on there right i was looking at device manager and wondering if thats some software i have to install or if its already on the motherboard itself also with the motherboard id like to keep as much stuff OFF of it and not be integrated like the video card sound card etc but on motherboards the printer port serial port should already be on there right and does the motherboard come with a cooling fan to cool the processor or is it seperate main uses of computer Gaming not heavily but a decent amount Web Authoring MP storage and burning of CDs Word Processing Internet broadband i think this is everything i have and need and any questions i have if i think of anything else ill post them nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I am currently building a replacement desktop computer. I am using an ssd for the operating system and have a new cd of windows 7 pro. I have a complete backup of my windows 7 64bit operating system on my old hd. It was saved with a raid hd. Is it possible to use the programs on this old hd after installing the new windows 7 64bit system on the ssd? I have many programs and don't want to have to reinstall all of them on the new computer. fyi, the new computer has a 3tb blank hd installed.

A:Building new computer

If you mean can you just copy over the programs in Program Files and expect them to work, then absolutely not. All applications have to be reinstalled, although there may be ways and means where you can export the settings, or 'migrate' your system. I have no experience to say that will do the trick.
My own method would be to take a drive image. I.e. a complete re-loadable copy of your entire C: drive. Even that will not work if you are moving from 32-bit to 64-bit working. However, you have complicated things by having raid storage, and you also need to have some skills to restore to an SSD (it invariably being much smaller than the HDD you come from). Not to mention the new PC will probably not boot until you do a repair install-in-place to get the completely new driver set required.
As I see it you have no real alternative to a complete fresh OS install and reinstall of all applications. Only your data can be copied across from the backup. Emails, browser favourites and the like you should be able to use 'export' and 'import' facilities of the email package and browser.
Allow a good two weeks of hard work. Sorry, but that's what it takes. It's a good time to decide what you really need to keep and what you can leave behind.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-computer.201814/
Relevancy 43%

Hi I don t have money to blow on great hardwares so what was donated to me is what I m working with - I m fairly new to building a computer At the moment I have an asus asrock P i GV mobo socket I have an intel penitum processor Ghz - my question is about the ram The mobo takes DDR ram and forgive me - I m still a Building - computer RAM learning lol - what is Building a computer - RAM p p etc mean I have the idea it has to do with speed I will have to purchase the ram for this computer but I don t want to buy ram that can damage anything If I can I would also like to buy a good video card so any suggestions would be great here are the specs for the mobo if needed General Features Intel GV ICH chipsets Socket mATX form factor Supports up to GB DDR RAM non-ECC Supports DDR MHz Integrated AC C-Media audio chipset Integrated Intel Extreme graphics chipset Integrated Fast Ethernet Two IDE channels One floppy disk channel -pin ATX power connector Supported Processors Support for Socket Pentium amp Celeron processors MHz bus speeds Supports HyperThreading Expansion Slots One AGI x x slot AGP compatible Three PCI slots One AMR slot I O ports Two PS ports Four USB ports One Parallel port One RJ- Ethernet port One Game port Mic in Line in Line out One more question - after re-reading these specs - would it hurt the mobo to put in the p The specs say it can support up to Mhz but the p is Mhz Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Building a computer - RAM

DDR266 = PC2100

DDR333 = PC2700

See this link from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...06083 600006065&IsNodeId=1&name=2GB (2 x 1GB)

The Crucial and Kingston should do you fine. I've learned to love Kingston for memory upgrades of older systems but have also used Crucial quite a bit as well. Both are excellent memory makers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-ram.150267/
Relevancy 43%

Hey all. Lately i have been thinking about building my own computer. I plan on making it for a gaming computer that can run well on most games but not hurt my pocket to much. Could anyone point me in the right direction on reading on what i need or really any information on building a computer. Any links would be apprciated. Thanks very much.

Ps sorry if this was posted in the wrong place.

A:Building A Computer

Yes, I build my own computers and I started with a book called, "Upgrading and Repairing PC's." It is now in its 17th printing. It is the best and teaches all about everything in a computer.

I suggest to start with this. Also you might want to search Google for How to build a Computer. And see what you get.

It is almost impossible to explain about this subject properly thru any Forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50936/building-a-computer/
Relevancy 43%

Hey all,
Well my Aunt called me and said she would like to buy a computer. She is not technologically savvy and probably doesnt know anything about what is being put into the computer. Anyway, she just needs a computer for internet, word processing, and email. She was going to call dell, but I figure she would pay alot of money for stuff she doesnt need. I was wondering, is there any specific computer you would recommend and if not I guess I can build her one. If thats the case, what parts would you recommned. SHe is looking to spend a couple of hundred dollars and obviously doesnt need huge things..like an 80 gig hdd or 100000mb of ram. Thanks all

Relevancy 43%

Well after gaming all my New Computer... Building life and mooching of computers Building New Computer... i got for free and only buying one gs as an upgrade ever its time to actually get a gaming rig i was going for something in the lt X lt range since i got a minimum wage job that pays weekly i can probably get near a thousand by middle to late august Building New Computer... i already have around dollars Obviously Building New Computer... since im actually buying a brand new rig im hoping to go for something thatll comfortably run crysis at max settings as an example maybe at like fps or better of course Oh yea and of course im gonna build it myself otherwise the price range would be laughable im hoping to run games with no headache and with consistent performance for at least the next years maybe I hope im not pushing it but even if it wouldnt last that long i already have a life experience with game optimizing and lag and stuttering and general stress etc after all i tried to run all the newest games on the rig thats in my profile the newest game being mass effect I know i can count on the Tech Support Guy community i love you guys within reason Ill post my ideas as time goes by nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I would like to build computer but I am a newer for commuter building
What I need to know about when I buying all the component?
This is what I choose for the component
Some of them don't know which one is good and how to choose it

Case-galaxy 3 mid tower black 450W PSU bubble
What is 450W?
Motherboard -GA-287X-UD5H
CPU-i7-4770K
What I need for the front side bus
Good for the audio and video card do I need to buy them sepreately?
Ram need to be DDR3 and pin count same with motherboard what is that mean?
Memory ssd which brand is good
Blue ray optical drive which one is suitable?
Don't know which power supple is good
Budget1000 pound .please answer my question

I will build you a very nice computer. I just need to know where you are purchasing these parts from (sites). 450W is the power supply. Dont worry, I will take care of that.
Watch these videos on how to build a computer:
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.193198/
Relevancy 43%

Ok so far I have made a few threads on this and now I think I have Building a Computer all I need to build my gaming rig keep in mind this is a gaming rig I also don t have any old desktops only laptops That means I Building a Computer need a monitor speakers etc Tell me what you think SONY Black IDE Combo Drive Model CRX E Black - Building a Computer OEM http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E ZALMAN CNPS -CU mm Ball Cooling Building a Computer Fan - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E SONY Beige MB quot Internal Floppy Drive Windows SE ME XP - OEM http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Albatron PX P PRO Socket T LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E SAMSUNG SpinPoint P Series SP C GB RPM Serial ATA Hard Drive - OEM http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Saitek PZ AU Black USB Wired Standard Eclipse Keyboard - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Rosewill GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Unbuffered System Memory Model RW - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E ENVISION ECT g Black quot CRT Monitor D-Sub - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Rosewill RE -BLK ATX W Power Supply - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E intel Pentium Prescott MHz FSB LGA EM T Processor Model BX PG F - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E CREATIVE SBS Watts RMS Speaker - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E SAPPHIRE SR Radeon X PRO MB GDDR PCI-Express x Video Card - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Is everything compatible Anything you think I should change or remove Any other thoughts As for what case to buy tell me which one you think looks better http www xoxide com nzxt-nemesis-case-orange html or http www xoxide com nzxt-nemesis-case-white html Also about the cases if you scroll to the bottom of either page you see I can buy a serial ATA with the case Will they be compatible with my mother board I really appreciate any help you can give I know there is a lot on this page Thanks again nbsp

Relevancy 43%

HI I ran one of these threads about two weeks ago about buying a new computer but I ve made some revisions since then Please guys check my parts and see if I m buying good quality parts and that this is this all I need Please especially check the video card since I m not sure which model of the x xl to buy TOSHIBA Black IDE Combo Drive Model SD-R B - OEM Model SD-R B NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND- A - OEM Model ND- A Black XION Ultimate Engineering XON- Black Silver Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case W Power Supply - Retail Model XON- Maxtor DiamondMax L R GB RPM IDE Ultra ATA Hard Drive - OEM Building a Computer Model L R ASUS EAX XL DTV Radeon X XL MB DDR PCI Express x Video Card - Retail Model EAX XL DTV ASPIRE ATX-AS W BLACK ATX W Power Supply - Retail Model ATX-AS W BLACK Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - OEM Model ARCTIC SILVER CORSAIR XMS GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Unbuffered Building a Computer Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model TWINX - C PT - Retail Model TWINX - C PT MASSCOOL FD S M mm Sleeve Case Cooling Fan - Retail Model FD S M AMD Athlon Venice GHz FSB Socket Processor Model ADA BPBOX - Retail Model ADA BPBOX price of processor and mobo MSI K N Neo SLI Socket NVIDIA nForce SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Model K N Neo SLI total nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I ve opened up cases and swapped parts in and out before but I ve never built one from scratch and I ve decided that now is the time I have a stock Dell laptop Inspiron that is driving me up the wall It s slow it s noisy as all hell and it s so hot it s like I have a miniature space heater sitting on my desk I know it s got a fan problem but I can t fix it myself and I ve spent so many hours on help, an computer AMD building please the phone with Dell trying to get it resolved I m actually on my third system from them in two years They ve already had to replace my system twice I m ready to give up and go back to a desktop So I m hoping that some of y all can help me out and throw a little advice my way What I d like is just a really solid reliable desktop computer More than anything else I want the day to day annoyances to disappear I d like something please help, building an AMD computer that runs as quiet cool and as fast as possible Day to day I use my computer for word processing web browsing email etc the bare bones - but I also like to do some photo editing I love making photo collages Also I like to be able to do eight things at once so I don t want my system to slow down or crap out when I have a ton of things running at once which is pretty much what it does all the time now With those parameters in mind I figured the first thing that I needed to do was pick a CPU How hard can that be right OK a couple hours later I think I m happy with the AMD Athlon Winchester http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Everybody seems to rave about the AMDs and I ve never tried one before Plus the Dells use Intels and I want to get as far away from my pos Dell as possible With that CPU in mind can anybody suggest where I should go next motherboard I m not at all sure what mobo to get - do I need PCI-E x slots PCI-E x DDR or I have no idea memory It seems like once I pick the mobo then either x or x Crucial memory sticks will be the way to go case power supply I m totally clueless here Something small-ish would be nice but that s not a top priority cooling will the stock heat sink fan that comes with the AMD be enough Should I supplement or upgrade hard drive bigger is definitely better I have tons of music and pix and I want to make sure I have plenty of room for all the new ATHF and Family Guy episodes Any advice suggestions would be greatly appreciated After four hours reading these forums googling and browsing around newegg all I ve got in my shopping cart is a processor Somebody please help me fill it up Thx a ton -Dan nbsp

A:please help, building an AMD computer

Hi danvorhaus!

I know where your coming from when it comes down to building a quality reliable pc. It's hard making choices when its your first time. You really dont know what brands are good over the bad ones.

I took some time and actually pieced you a system together. This will probably be over your expectations but i went by the rule of quality. Of course things can be changed by yourself or other recommendations by other users. This is basically a rough draft. I didnt exactly go for the best but i did try to keep in mind of keeping the cost down as much as possible. Certain things like the motherboard and the power supply are the most important items that should not be skimped on. They are the heart and soul of the pc. Going cheap on these are nothing more than a headache.

Have a look and tell me what you think. All recommendations are welcome. The motherboard does have a built in sound card. Which is okay but a pci sound card is much better than the onboard. So if you want to add one go right ahead. I like soundblaster but others may recommend something else.

With all said and done.....here's your first rough draft on your new pc.

Here's a pic of the hardware i have selected.

I almost forgot about the heatsink. As long as you use all the available fans in the case. The retail heatsink should work out fine. You can always upgrade it later.

Edit: I did forget to add a cdrw/dvd drive. So you will need to select one for your system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-building-an-amd-computer.370524/
Relevancy 43%

Hey guys,
I'm going to be building a new computer for my son. Basically, I want it to have enough speed to run the latest games smoothly. I am thinking of putting in a 64meg ATI card or something along those lines. I've already got a box, monitor, ram, power supply, sound card, and a hard drive. So basically all i need is a motherboard, processor for it, and then finally a video card. How much do you think it would cost for these things? I'm trying to stay pretty low on prices right now (may upgrade later)
Thanks,
Bruce

Relevancy 43%

Hey all,

I am looking to build myself a new computer, but Im not really sure exactly what to do. I know most of the hardware that needs to be put in, but I know im missing something.

-Ram
-Processor
-Mobo
-Casing
-Graphics card

Here is what I am thinking. Please tell me if I should be okay, and if anyone has any suggestions on various pieces of hardware, please let me know.

-Thinking I would like to spend around $1100 canadian

Needs:

-At least 1.5Gig DDR2 Ram
-256 graphics card (any suggestions on which one? Thinking:

Asus EN7600GT Silent/2DHT/256M nVidia GeForce 7600GT(560MHz) 256MB GDDR3(1.4GHz) 128-Bit DVI-I HDTV-Out Passive Cooling Heatsink SilentCool 2 PCI Express Graphics Card

-Intel Core 2 Duo processor with at least 2+ Ghz 775.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

A:Please help building new computer

You need a power supply and cd/dvd drive and monitor. The 7900gt or the card you mentioned are both good.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-building-new-computer.62733/
Relevancy 43%

Ok, here's the deal, i built a computer w/ a ASUS K8V SE Deluxe MOBO, a AMD 3400+ CPU, Radeon 9800XT 256mb AGP, and a Soundblaster LIVE soundcard...everything put together turned the machine on, and no roasting marshmallows...no here is my problem... BIOS!!!

System runs and well IDK WAT THE HELL TO DO!

my HD is set up on my IDE Master, and my 2 drives (DVD, and CDR/RW) are on my IDE Secondary... no RAID, just one HD, and nothing in SATA...my harddrive comes from another computer w/ lots of files on it already including Windows XP, but i never even get to Windows cause i get

Serial CH0 : Not found (or something like that)
Serial CH1 : Not found

and BIOS not installed...PLEASE HELP!!

A:Building New Computer...HELP!

Please

Please guys i really would appreciate assistance, cause the computer is just sitting there, the power and capability being wasted on BIOS!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-computer-help.17347/
Relevancy 43%

My computer specs are currently -

Mobo-
CPU- Field Value
CPU Intel Pentium 4 1.8A/512/400/1.5v

Motherboard Name Intel Rexburg D845GRG
Ram 2gb of DDR SDRAM
Nvidia Geforce 7600GT Super Clocked

I just bought a pentium 4 2.8ghz/1M/533 cpu, which apparently is supported by my mobo. But i had a bios version of P03, and i needed P06 or above. I updated my bios to P16. so it should work. i put in new chip locked it down. Then i booted it up. Monitor stayed balck, and keyboard would not come on. But the mouse would work.. When i booted the new cpu it stayed cold, maybe its supposed to i dont know. But when i booted up old cpu it got really hot really fast, enough to burn you. I need help

Relevancy 43%

Hey I m getting ready to order Building 1st computer parts to build my first computer and just want Building 1st computer to make sure that all my parts will work together Here are my mobo specs Model Brand ECS Model NFORCE -A Supported CPU CPU Socket Type Socket CPU Type Athlon FX Athlon Sempron FSB MHz Hyper Transport MT s Chipsets North Bridge NVIDIA nForce Memory Number of DDR Slots x pin DDR DDR Standard DDR PC Maximum Memory Supported GB Dual Channel Supported Yes Expansion Slots AGP Slots None PCI Express x PCI Express x PCI Slots Storage Devices PATA x ATA up to Devices PATA RAID NV RAID JBOD SATA Gb s SATA RAID NV RAID JBOD Onboard Video Onboard Video No Onboard Audio Audio Chipset Realtek ALC Audio Channels Channels Onboard LAN LAN Chipset Marvell E PHY Max LAN Speed Mbps Rear Panel Ports PS COM LPT USB x USB Audio Ports Ports Onboard USB Onboard USB x USB Physical Spec Form Factor ATX Dimensions quot x quot Features Power Pin Pin Features Award BIOS with Mb Flash ROM Supports Plug and Play A APM Multi Boot DMI Supports ACPI revision B specification whew i m planning on installing these components AMD Athlon Venice GHz Socket Processor Model ADA BPBOX GIGABYTE GV-NX T P-RH Geforce GT MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Patriot GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model PDC G ELK Western Digital Caviar WD BB GB RPM IDE Ultra ATA Hard Drive LITE-ON Combo Drive Black SATA Model SHC- S K- Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I am doing a report and i need to interview some peoples on "how hard is it to build a computer?" I would like to do this interview over e-mail so if you would like to help me please send a reply to: [email protected]

A:Need help with building a computer

Zenosincks said:

Why do you want to do it through email out of curiosity?

I'm willing to help...Click to expand...

I want to do the interview through e-mail because I don't want to give away my phone number anyway can you send me your e-mail so i can send you the questions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-building-a-computer.99372/
Relevancy 43%

Okay guys new Building a computer... need help here s what I ve gathered please continue to read on after specs Hard Drive Western Digital GB RPM IDE Hard Drive Model WD JBRTL Retail Ramm Kingston ValueRAM Dual Channel Kit Pin G MBx DDR PC- - Retail Processor AMD Athlon KB L Cache -bit Processor - Retail Sound card Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy ZS PCI Sound Card Model quot SB quot -RETAIL Video card AOpen nVIDIA GeForce FX XT Video Card MB DDR -bit DVI TV-Out X AGP Model quot FX XT-DV quot -RETAIL I already have an ATI Radeon Building a new computer... need help XT on the comp im using right now and I get FPS drop on any multiplayer game that I play But I don t think it s the video cards fault Anyway that s the reason why I m going to try Geforce XT on this new computer s build that we re work n on CD-ROM Building a new computer... need help Drive Lite-On White X X Internal EIDE CD-RW Drive Model SOHR- S Retail Now here s where I m running into a lot of trouble choosing a motherboard I ve been looking at this ASUS quot K V quot Building a new computer... need help K T Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket CPU -RETAIL which can be found at http www newegg com app viewProdu ufactory BROWSE And I ve also been looking at this ASUS quot K N-E Deluxe quot NVIDIA nForce Chipset Motherboard For AMD Socket CPU -RETAIL which can be found at http www newegg com app ViewProdu - amp depa What I m wondering about with these motherboards is the FSB The quot KV quot motherboard has quot Scalable HyperTransport quot FSB What exactly does that mean The quot K N-E Deluxe quot has quot mhz quot FSB So I guess what I m getting to is What is the difference between the quot Scalable HyperTransport quot FSB and the quot mhz quot FSB and which is better Also I need a case with a power supply that is about - watts The video card I have shown Geforce XT only needs a minimum of watts I only want just a little bit more in watts just incase somethin funky happens I want a case with maybe fans would those fans be for cooling the HD s or the whole comp both I d prefere it be a pretty cheap little case but sturdy I m looking at this one right now APEX Beige Mid-Tower Super Case with W Power Supply Model quot C - quot It doesn t come with any fans but would fans really be necessary with my system I m also not sure if it s power supply is compatible with my AMD setup But it s only about so it s nice Hmm If I think of anything else to ask anyone I ll let yall know Any information about the items that I have chose that you may know about would be helpful Does everything seem to be like super-seksi-swinging-sounds with that set up -D P S Since everything there is quot RETAIL quot Does that mean that all the connectors cables wires tranmission haha jk etc come with the hardware parts As in I won t have to go to Radioshack to buy parts to connect all this stuff together once I get them from Newegg com will I nbsp

A:Building a new computer... need help

Regarding the power supply -- buy at least a 400W through 450W power supply from a reputable company like Antec, Enermax (those are the two I use). The power supplies that come in the cheaper cases are usually unreliable ones that can damage your computer when it fails.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-computer-need-help.273377/
Relevancy 43%

I am a newbie and plan on building a computer I have already picked out my Case decided on what RAM - MB -pin DDR I will get and that all amounts to about I would appreciate suggestions on what else to get regarding my Help on new a computer building motherboard processor hard drive and PSU Help on building a new computer to get if I am making this primarily for games I would like to keep the price range in the s range any suggestions Here is a list of parts that I am thinking of for the comp Does this all look compatible Processor-AMD Athlon X http www newegg com Product Help on building a new computer Product asp Item N E Is there a way to get a step down from this I want pretty good performance but I don t know about shelling out so much money for it gt lt Motherboard-ASUS A N-SLI Premium Socket http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Memory- x CORSAIR MB -Pin- http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Hard Drive-Western Digital Raptor GB RPM http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Power Supply-SILVERSTONE V Watt Power Supply http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Case-XCLIO ATX Mid Tower http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Sound Card-Creative Sound Blaster Audigy http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Does someone also have any ideas for a graphics card It needs to be fairly good say MB or so but still be decently priced Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Help on building a new computer

hey lizardman, i'm in the process of building a pc too and i chose a am2 socket because its a newer technology. I'm not sure of the benefit's between the 939 socket and the am2, i do know the boards with am2 socket use the newer type ram call ddr2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-building-a-new-computer.63501/
Relevancy 43%

Money is not a issue. What would you suggest for:

Graphics card?
Motherboard?
RAM?
Intel or AMD?
Sound card?
Vista 32 or 64?

I want to have a gaming comp.

A:Building a Computer

What you going to use it for? If money is no problem whatsoever then just go for the absolute highest spec you can find.

Intel Quad-Core
8800GTS in SLI

etc etc...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-computer.635756/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone I first came here for excessive BSODs After much troubleshooting this forum helped me overcome them for a while but later I found out I had some hardware issue But I thank you all for the support you gave me Thread link http www sevenforums com crashes-d ent-bsods html Now that I have some cash to play around with I want to get some new hardware After months of investigating I came to the conclusion that I need computer with building a Help a motherboard and power supply While I'm at it I need a case for an ATX motherboard Here's a list of what I have and what I plan to get I just need your help making sure everything is compatible What I own Code CPU AMD Athlon II X Code HDD Western Digital TB MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Code Graphics Card EVGA GeForce GTS Code RAM Samsung GB DDR MHz x I couldn't find a link with all the details but here's some info I found on them Brand Samsung Part Number M B EH -CH Technologic Type DDR SDRAM Storage Capacity GB each Pins Pin Bus Type PC- Error Correction Non-ECC Cycle Time ns Cas CL Help with building a computer Data Transfer Rate MHz Memory Clock MHz Voltage Hardware I plan to buy Code Motherboard BIOSTAR A A AM AMD ATX Code Power Supply Diablotek PHD Series PHD W ATX V V Power Supply Code Case Rosewill REDBONE I do believe everything will work together I would go for some better items but I'm on a low budget Help with building a computer If I missed anything please let me know Thank you for your time

A:Help with building a computer

First things first. Every thing in the computer have one thing in common, the power supply. IMO your choice isn't of the quality you need. Check out this site.
Google

A little more money but you won't regret it. You can check other sites this is just one I found.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/245267-help-building-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

My husband and I built our very first computer during our honeymoon 8 years ago. We did a good job, but that was, after all, 8 years ago. It is time for a new computer for him. We own XP professional and his hard drive is something he wants to keep. Lots of songs and artwork. He likes gaming. What he currently has is just under 1 gig ram and 60 gigs harddrive. We've been poking around Walmart (sorry, we are cheapskates.) and newEgg. I'm asking for advise on the tower, on the actual barest of bones. I'm not opposed to shopping but I have lost touch on what is the coolest and so on. Help?

Marion

Relevancy 43%

Hi, so I'm planning to build another computer for a project / friend and as always I have trouble picking the right parts and finding the best deals (on Newegg/Tigerdirect). So hopefully you guys can help me look for some recommendations on what to buy. Anyways once I get the time I'll post what I've been looking at so far and make a list. Thanks in advance.

* What are you going to use the PC for?
Gaming [Starcraft II (High Quality)]/ General Computer use.

* How much is your budget?
$600 Max (Excluding Tax)

* Are you willing to buy online?
Only Newegg and Tigerdirect

* Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build?
No.

* Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?
No.

* Have you already bought any parts?
No.

* Do you have an Operating System (OS)?
Yes. Windows 7 32bit

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM
LITE-ON Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA CD/DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
ASRock 870iCafe AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ955FBGMBOX
HIS H685F1GD Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply

Total ?$580 USD, excluding a case...almost within budget.
If you hurry you can use the $10 off promo code for the RAM, and 10% off the powersupply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.164034/
Relevancy 43%

?What are you going to use the PC for? gaming(starwars/diablo3)
?How much is your budget? 700
?Where are you located? (a.k.a. fill out your profile)usa/north carolina
?Are you willing to buy online?Yes
?Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build?nope
?Do you need other peripherals like a monitor, keyboard and mouse, among others?no
?Have you already bought any parts?No
?Do you have an Operating System (OS)? windows vista will upgrade to windows 7( not including in this budget)
?Will you need any aftermarket cooling, such as a CPU\GPU cooler or a watercooling setup?
no

thanks for anyhelp

Hey, Check out this page on techspot. It's the PC buying guide.
http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page3.html

The Machine titled "Entry-Level Rig" seems to be perfect for what your looking for, aswell as in the right price for your budget of about 700$. You actually have a little room to improve on some pieces, such as your GPU.

But yeah, take a look at that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.166376/
Relevancy 43%

Will all these part work together OK.
CPU- P4 2.6 800MHz FSB 169
Case- Powermax w/400 W 29
PS- comes with case
Mother Board- Asus P4S800-MX 73
CD/RW- Lite On Beige 52x32x52 37
hard drive- Western Digital120G 2700 8Mb 92
memory- (2) 512 DDR PC2700 143
floppy Samsung- 1.44Mb 3.5 5.9
Win xp/pr-o Student discount at my University 60
modem- TRENDware 56Kbps V90/92 9
video card- on board
sound card- on board
Office xp/pro- Student discount at my University 60
------- Total $677.90----------

Thank

Relevancy 43%

I've hooked up everything, the power wires as much as I know what I'm doing (although there seem to be more wires than prongs on the mobo, for speakers and stuff), and the like. The manual said nothing about having to set jumpers, so I didn't mess with that. The problem is, when I turn the computer on, it gets power, but I see nothing on the monitor. Any ideas? Thanks .

Relevancy 43%

Hi This my first post here I have known this forum for day and already learnt lots But anyway I computer-Need new Building Help am building a new computer and I think Building new computer-Need Help these are compatible but they may not be I have been trying to find a cheaper Building new computer-Need Help PSU but did not have much luck not much luck So here it is Celeron D may upgrade to E at some point - ghz -FSB - kb L Cache -Socket LGA - bit MSI P m m -l It won t let me put the link so google quot P m m -l quot and it will be in the first two results Kingston memory -DDR pin -PC - - mhz - mb - v Case -Jeantech JN -Micro ATX Hard Disk-Refurbished white label Ebay -Sata - gb PSU - w - x Molex pin connector - x Sata - pin Connector - x pin PSU connector Building new computer-Need Help - x Floppy Connector Heatsink and fan -Socket LGA -Akasa AK- SF DVD Drive -LiteOn DH- D P -IDE Has anyone got any tips or anything I have missed Also is a PSU with dual v connectors compatible with a motherboard with a single connector slot Thanks nbsp

A:Building new computer-Need Help

Hi
all the parts are compatible, but if you were to post the amount you are willing to spend, there might be other suggestions about parts...
also "Celeron D 341", if it is the BOX version, should be with Heatsink and Fan alredy in the package...

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-computer-need-help.88751/
Relevancy 43%

I m building a computer for the first time and so far basically what I have done is gone through newegg com and put together as much of the parts as I can My budget is K I ll mostly be using this computer for gaming I need every thing except a a Computer Building mouse and OS supposedly my friend can legally get me XP pro for where he goes to college if not I can get it for This is what I have so far CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR PC Dual Channel Kit System Memory - Retail Price after mail in rebate Link ORDERED HD Building a Computer Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM Model WD KS Item N E after Mail-In Rebate Link Monitor HYUNDAI B A Siver-Black quot ms LCD Monitor cd m mm Pixel Pitch - Retail Model B A Item N E Price Link Mother Board ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe Socket NVIDIA nForce SPP ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Model A N -SLI Deluxe Item N E Link Processor AMD Athlon X Manchester MHz HT x KB L Cache Socket Dual Core Processor - Retail Model ADA BVBOX Item N E Expected to drop to close to by July Link to story Link Video Card ASUS EN GTX DHTV M Geforce GTX MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA Core clock MHz DirectX DirectX DVI Memory Clock MHz Memory Interface -bit OpenGL OpenGL PixelPipelines TV-Out HDTV S-Video Out VIVO No Model EN GTX DHTV M Item N E Link CD DVD Burner SONY Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache IDE DVD Burner - OEM Model DWQ AB Item N E Price Link CD Drive SONY Black X CD-ROM IDE CD-ROM Drive Model CDU - OEM Model CDU BLK Item N E Price Link Case XION Ultimate Engineering XON- Black Silver SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Watt P amp AMD Ready Power Supply - Retail Model XON- Item N E Price Link ORDERED Keyboard Logitech Ultra X - -Tone Normal Keys Function Keys PS Wired Standard Keyboard - OEM Model - Item N E Price Link Power Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII- ATX V W Power Supply V UL TUV CB FCC CLASS B CUL - Retail Price after mail in reabate Link ORDERED EDIT Monitor and PSU updated EDIT RAM PSU and Case ordered nbsp

Without delving heavy into your parts, the one thing I noticed most is the power supply. It's great to get an aftermarket supply, but I would bump that up to something with more power. I wouldn't trust a $33.99 power supply. Quality starts around $60-$130.
Others may have different opinions on the matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer.52601/
Relevancy 43%

I have found numerous parts to build a computer but the price just add up to too much looking for something around 500. I would need and i7 3770k CPU and a decent graphics card to play the latest games but that is it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

A:Building Computer

well.......... half of your budget would be just the processor http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=i7+3770k+

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-computer.1088174/
Relevancy 43%

I've decided to build my own computer, but obviously this is not something i want to go into un-educated, I'm lookin for opinions on different types of processers/motherboards. What is the best for me? I'm lookin to use it for gaming so I'm goin to need a bit of speed. What's your opinion on which to buy?

Relevancy 43%

I went on newegg and put together a computer i think will work im trying to build a computer for mainly gaming can anyone tell me if these specs are good for gaming and will work together Also im not sure if there is enough cooling for the processor i picked out thanks for any help AMD Phenom GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Black http www newegg com Product ComboDealDetails aspx ItemList Combo GIGABYTE GA-MA GP-UD H ATX AMD Motherboard http www newegg com Product ComboDealDetails aspx ItemList Combo HIS Hightech H QX P Radeon HD MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP a Building computer...Need help some Ready CrossFire Supported IceQ TurboX Video Card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thermaltake TR W RUC W Power Supply http www newegg com Building a computer...Need some help Product Product aspx Item N E CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E LG ELECTRONICS GH NS CD DVD Burners http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hey everyone My name is travis and im brand new here i figured id join in since im insanly in love with computers haha Anyways ive built many computers in the past but the most recent and most hardcore New Building a Computer. is this Motherboard Intel D Psn link Processor Intel Pentium D Dual Core GHz link RAM GB x GB Building a New Computer. OCZ DDR Gold Edition PC - Graphics Card NVidia GeForce GT OC Overclocked mb GDDR Cooling Koolance Aquian Internal Liquid Cooling System ICM- Hard Drive Cooling Vantec Vortex Hard Drive GB Seagate Barracuda Computer Case Sunbeamtech Tuniq Symmetry Black Power Source ULTRA X-Finity w PSU with FlexForce Cables SLi Ready I built that about a year ago and is now for sale so i can build a new one Heres the thing Im sick of my processor being hot so i want AMD AMD is the ONLY thing i have no knowledge about cos i was so against it But please help me out i want to make an insane computer nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Alright here it goes Building myself a new computer and its the first time using the ata I have a Soyo K V Dragon mb a AMD thunderbird mhz a western digital gighd Win se Heres my problem First I have everything installed alreaady and everything seems to be running smoothly except I m not sure if I m running in true ata mode My MB Bios recognizes my HD although the instalation disk new Building Help!!! Computer that came with the HD doesn t recognize it in ata mode Second In Win under control panel in system tab under the performance tab It says Compatability mode paging reduces overall system performance and Drive C is using Ms-Dos compatability mode filing system Now I ve called tech support and they just give me the run around Whenever I ve needed help I ve never been let down by the people on Tech support guy forum So please enlighten me of my problem Thank you nbsp

A:Building new Computer Help!!!

did you connect the drive to ide 3 using the ata100 cable blue end to motherboard.

If so then you probably need to install the ata drivers off the driver cd from soyo

Ultra Family Driver for Windows 98SE
1. Move cursor to my computer icon.
2. Press mouse right button, then press "properties".
3. Press "Device Manager".
4. You will see an exclamation mark of yellow color at PCI mass
storage controller in other devices.
5. Click it.
6. Click "Driver" button, then click "Update Driver" button.
7. Press next, then press next.
8. The ultra family driver path is in SOYO CD: \Raid\Promise\
ultra family Driver\Win95-98.
9. Click OK, then restart your system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-computer-help.50424/
Relevancy 43%

im looking to build a new computer under 500$ capable running WoW max settings and multitasking. This will be my first build so i was hoping to get suggestions for parts to accomplish my goal on my budget. thx all.

A:building computer

wow as in world of warcraft?
if so then go for the recommened specs and then improve on thema little
at least 1.5 GB ram and 512 MB gfx card maybe radeon x1650 would begood.

Sontommo.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-computer.78294/
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

I was hoping someone could help me. I have built myself a computer, however i have run into various problems. When I power the unit up, it powers on for around 10 seconds and then shuts down. On the screen it says something about the memory is running at single channel ??? I have no idea what is wrong.

Could someone please help me out. By all means ask me questions to try and determine what the problem is. If you need a list of hardware used, then I can get you the info.

Thanks.

Relevancy 43%

Hey building computer... When a I have to some parts replaced for my computer I am building and when the new parts come in I don t wanna screw anything up so what is When building a computer... all your guys advice on like what I should work on what floor what clothes etc On my first attempt I was on a hardwood floor barefoot working on a When building a computer... table with a cloth mat on it I dont think it was cotton I did have some rough times though I was thinking next time do the same work on hardwood floor barefoot but this time work on the table itself with no cloth in the way Oh yea I was grounded by touching a part of the metal chassis at all times too Anyways leave your advice thanks in advance How do Jumpers work I mean they aren t connected to anything and I don t plug anything INTO Them is there some sort of electricity going on and the jumper stops it and since it isnt getting to a certain point the computer knows if the drive is slave master etc Cause I can flip my jumper around and it still fits up and down-wise nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Hello I recently purchased an X-Dreamer II case and found that there was no instructions on how to hook up all the features that it comes with I have looked on the net and on forums and have found out a little but not quite what im looking for Anyways the Building go Computer...First New this! at thing that has me stumped the most is the LED fans The connection is not like the older fans that i m used to seeing these ones have the connections like the ones used to power the cd-roms and harddrives sorry for my lack of technical terms Anyway there is things of them has the pins Building New Computer...First go at this! and the other has the holes like you stick into the cdrom etc I have no idea what I am suppose to plug the fans into to give them power Also I left the fans unplugged and hooked up everything else accordingly and when i plug it in i hear a noise sorta like i can hear the power going through the machine but when i press the power button nothing happens Any ideas what could cause this I m thinking maybe a processor problem Oh and yes I did hook up the power switches reset switches LED s etc all properly Any help would be greatly appreciated as I struggle through this nbsp

A:Building New Computer...First go at this!

Not sure how much help I can be seeing how I have no computer education but I did build this thing I'm hunting and pecking on,about 7 months ago.
Here goes...easy part first..the fan hook up is just as it looks plugs into any spare power plug.They offer male and female versions to insure you'll be able to find one coming out of power supply thats not being used.
As for the not powering up...is the cpu fan plugged into the motherboard..this is required to insure you dont burn up the cpu from over heating..Does the power supply have an on off switch(0and-),set to - .Does the power supply have a small toglle to give you the choice of 110 and 220..set to 110 in the US or 220 in Germany not sure about any other countries.Also is this a new cpu..ie P4 or AMD 64 they require an additional 12v power lead from power supply to motherboard.
Thats about the extent of my knowledge...Hope I help and Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-computer-first-go-at-this.268419/
Relevancy 43%

What are you going to use the PC for mostly a new computer! Building for gaming but also would like to run all latest adobe products with no problem How much is your budget around - euro Where are you located a k a Building a new computer! fill out your profile Croatia Are you willing to buy online no Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier Building a new computer! build no Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others no Have you already bought any parts no Do you have an Operating System OS yes Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup I would like to buy all coolers now so i dont have to bother about it later but yes ofcourse if there will be a need for aftermarket colling I will do it Hello everyone This is my first time building my own computer I already have an idea how would my computer look like and i will post prices in my country cuz I wont buy online so here it is Motherboard MB ASRock GX EXTREME AM ATX AMD GX SB HD PS DVI VGA HDMI FW spdif - euro I rly dont know much about Motherboards and I have no idea if this is a good choice i heard this MOBO is very good for x CPUs - maybe you have better sollution for same cheaper price CPU AMD Phenom II X T Socket AM GHz - euro should I save some money on CPU and buy cheaper GPU XFX Radeon HD GB DDR M HDMI DVIx DPx PciEx Exefinity DX HDMI a DP - euro i heard this is one of best graphics for this price is it or mby i should buy a cheaper CPU some quad core or idk and buy better GPU Power Supply Seasonic SS- GB W mm Active PFC - euro i think this should be enough for this CPU right Memory Kingmax RAM GB DDR x GB MHz - euro Hard drive GB SAMSUNG SpinPoint F SATA MB cache RPM - euro or maybe take GB and save euro CD DVD Samsung SH-S L DVD RW serial ATA dual layer lightscribe - euro i guess it should do its job Case have no idea would like to spend around euro on it more or less and I d like a cool looking case with LED light if there is a good and not expensive one out there Cooling no idea what CPU cooler should i take should I buy a case cooler too - euro will be enough for good cooling i guess am I right good temperature and air flow is very important to me and i dont have much experience nor knowlege in that area and thats why i need you to help me choose it anyway i dont want my GPU CPU to damage after several years of use These components are not my final decision they are just here to give a a closer look on what i want and I would like your advice if they are good choice and do i need to change anything with this setup i am slightly over my budget but I dont know where should i save some money do you know Thank you for reading this all help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Building a new computer!

I don't know what power supplies are available to you, but you can go a little cheaper on the power supply.
I don't think you would need any additional cooling aside from the stock CPU fan.
If possible, the Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB is a quicker hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-computer.166672/
Relevancy 43%

So I think I am looking at the right parts please tell me if I am first computer my building Help wrong I am more concerned about the ram and the power supply being compatible with Help building my first computer the motherboard Also how many watts should I get my power supply lt a href quot Newegg com - Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz LGA W Help building my first computer Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I quot target quot blank quot gt http www newegg com Product Produ lt a gt lt a href quot Newegg com - Intel BOXDH CLB LGA Intel H HDMI SATA Gb amp s USB ATX Intel Motherboard quot target quot blank quot gt http www newegg com Product Produ lt a gt lt a href quot Newegg com - XION XON- Meshed Black amp Red Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case quot target quot blank quot gt http www newegg com Product Produ lt a gt lt a href quot Newegg com - G SKILL Value Series GB amp x GB amp -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR amp PC amp Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBNT quot target quot blank quot gt http www newegg com Product Produ lt a gt lt a href quot Newegg com - Seagate Barracuda Green ST DL TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb amp s amp Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive quot target quot blank quot gt http www newegg com Product Produ lt a gt

A:Help building my first computer

It really helps if you say how the computer will be used and also your budget. Will you be using on-board Graphics?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/234352-help-building-my-first-computer.html
Relevancy 43%

I would like to build a computer with the best parts or above average parts but have a limited knowledge of the interior, other than addinng a video card, hard drive,and RAM. Is there a web site for this or should I just forget the whole idea. I need help from someone who has built one . Thank you

Relevancy 43%

im trying to build a computer. It seems like I have everything hooked up right but it won't turn on. Please help!

A:Building a computer

OK, no one has any idea what hardware you are using. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.
Next have you read the guide at the top of the forum for problem builds? If not, do so. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-computer.1165232/
Relevancy 43%

Trying to build a computer and all problem is that I can t figure out what power supply would fit into the case Case I m buying is this Just going to list everything in the computer Its the first computer I m building so yay Sorry about the bold and size just coping from the site Just making Building computer a sure this will work and to try and get help looking for Building a computer a new Power Supply seeing how the one Building a computer I m trying to get is out of stock NON SATA required Power Supply Case Cooler Master RC- -KWN Elite Mid Tower ATX Case - ATX Micro-ATX USB Audio mm Blue LED Fan Black Mother board ASUS P H -M LE B Intel H Motherboard - Micro ATX Socket H LGA Intel H Express MHz DDR HDMI Gigabit LAN -Channel Audio SATA Gb s SuperSpeed USB Processor Intel Core i - BX I Processor - Quad Core MB L Cache MB L Cache GHz GHz Max Turbo Socket H LGA W Fan Retail Video Card MSI R -MD GD Radeon HD Video Card - GB GDDR PCI-Express x Dual-Link DVI HDMI DisplayPort DirectX Dual-Slot CrossFireX Ready RAM Patriot PSD G PC GB DDR Desktop Memory Upgrade - MHz Non-ECC Unbuffered Non-ECC CL x MB Power Supply Out of Stock Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan Lifetime Warranty w Registration nbsp

Dorky106 said:

Trying to build a computer and all, problem is that I can't figure out what power supply would fit into the case.
Case I'm buying is this (Just going to list everything in the computer)
Its the first computer I'm building so yay! (Sorry about the bold and size just coping from the site...
Just making sure this will work, and to try and get help looking for a new Power Supply seeing how the one I'm trying to get is out of stock. (NON SATA required Power Supply)
Case:
Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case - ATX/Micro-ATX, USB, Audio, 120mm Blue LED Fan, Black

Mother board
ASUS P8H67-M LE B3 Intel H67 Motherboard - Micro ATX, Socket H2 (LGA 1155), Intel H67 Express, 1333MHz DDR3, HDMI, Gigabit LAN, 8-Channel Audio, SATA 6.0 Gb/s, SuperSpeed USB 3.0​

Processor
Intel Core i5-2400 BX80623I52400 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB L3 Cache, 1MB L2 Cache, 3.10 GHz (3.40 GHz Max Turbo), Socket H2 (LGA1155), 95W, Fan, Retail​

Video Card
MSI R6770-MD1GD5 Radeon HD 6770 Video Card - 1GB, GDDR5, PCI-Express 2.1 (x16), Dual-Link DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, DirectX 11, Dual-Slot, CrossFireX Ready​

RAM
Patriot PSD32G13332 PC10600 2GB DDR3 Desktop Memory Upgrade - 1333MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, Non-ECC, CL9, 1x2048MB​

Power Supply (Out of Stock)
Ultra LSP550 550-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty w/ Registration​Click to expand...

That PSU will fit just fine and it's available for $50 at CompUSA - http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276574
Personally. I'd go with the LSP650 to feed your power-hungry video card. It's only $55 and if you notice the regular price is $100
http://www.compusa.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3276573&CatId=1483
I've had an LSP650 running my main machine for 2 years through 3 builds and no problems, runs very quiet.
By the way, almost any ATX power supply will fit most modern cases. Only some of the larger 1000 & 1200 watt models will have clearance issues in smaller cases.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer.182391/
Relevancy 43%

I ve never built a computer before and my knowledge of hardware is limited It s taken me three days of careful work and Building help first my computer, need lots of learning but I got my new computer all together and powered it up The only Building my first computer, need help quot new quot components are actually the motherboard and processor I took all the other things from my old computer The BIOS works fine but it won t run windows When it tries I get the same blue screen my family got on their computer when they got their virus this thread Now I know I don t have a virus because the last time I used the computer I was only on for a few minutes and didn t do anything that I could have gotten a virus from - just backed up my important files just in case something went wrong My guess is I did something wrong in setting up the hard drive The thing is I don t know what it is Can anyone give me any advice on what I could have done wrong I thought I hooked it up to the IDE port and the power correctly but maybe I messed something up or maybe there s another connection that I m missing If I can t figure it out I ll just bring it to the guy that fixed my famliy s computer last time and have him take a look but I d prefer to do it myself and to get it up and running today if possible Thanks a lot nbsp

Relevancy 43%

I dont have money to buy a new pc the way I want it, so I am going to try and build it my self but I need help. I want to build it around AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz Socket FM2 100W Quad-Core Desktop Processor - Black Edition AMD Radeon HD AD680KWOHLBOX. I found this processor at newegg.com for $149.00. Will anyone help me I want at least 10 gigs memory in it. What all do I need and how do I know what fits with that processor. PLEASE HELP ME!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-building-computer.1102017/
Relevancy 43%

Basically I took apart my old computer so that I could install new parts and get it working again, only to realize that before I install the new components I have to get rid of the old operating system on the hard drive otherwise it could cause irreversible issues with the motherboard. It specifically said on the installation guide for the motherboard that I should "not boot up on a hard drive that contains an operating system from another set of hardware. This will cause issues with the new hardware that cannot be corrected by a re-installation." So can I simply ignore this advice, how will this affect my computer? If not, what will I have to do get around this? Also how can I tell if my motherboard has a video card pre-installed?

TheAardvark Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!Let me try to address your two issues ... First, it is correct that it is a bad idea to boot up a PC using a hard drive that had Windows installed on a different PC. The primary reason is that Windows installs drivers specific to the hardware on the first PC, and if the hardware on the second is quite different, those drivers will not work.  This situation is worst when the video drivers do not work because then, you have no display to use. But, it does NO HARM to the motherboard or the hardware on the second PC. As a matter of fact, some companies, most notably LapLink, sell products that allow you to "migrate" an OS installation from one PC to another.  They do this by providing boot media for the PC to use (so that it does not boot directly into Windows), and then you provide the drivers for the new PC, and the software replaces the old drivers with the new drivers. The software is known as PCMover and I know it works because I have used it. As to the second, the easiest way to check is to see if there are video jacks on the back of the motherboard.  Old motherboards will have VGA and possibly DVI jacks, newer ones will have HDMI and DisplayLink jacks. If those jacks are there, the motherboard has a video chipset present.Good Luck 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Building-a-computer/td-p/5774070
Relevancy 43%

I made a computer this Christmas with the help of my dad, and we ordered all of the parts from this website: http://www.directcanada.com. Now, I want to buy one that will be able to:

General use
Play WoW
Aleast play SOME of the newer games on low settings with decent framerates

The thing is, since I won't have any use for this PC (I'm building it for my brothers to use), I only have $300 CAD after 5% tax to spare. That would be $285.00. It has to be over $300.00, or I won't get free shipping, and please try to keep it under $315.00.

My knowledge of these kind of builds is limited, so I'm asking you . Thanks.

Relevancy 43%

Hello I am going to be building my first PC pretty soon Building First Computer and would just like to check that all the part s I m Building First Computer looking at are compatible And maybe get some recommendations on better part s for what I want to use the computer for which is gaming I am on a budget so I will be looking to AMD products to do the job Anyway I will provide links to everything I want to purchase And I should mention I have already bought the graphics card Ram and powersupply and put them into my current PC but will be moving them to the new one if everything I have picked is compatible Also I would like to use my current HDD if it won t cause any issues Using Speccy it say s my HDD is quot GB Seagate ST NS SCSI Disk Device ATA quot Graphics Card - http www scan co uk products gb- gddr - nm-gpu- mhz-hdmi-mdp-plusfree-games Power Supply - http www scan co uk products w -bronze-sli-crossfire-eps- v-quiet-fan-atx-v Ram - http www scan co uk products gb- c - - -non-ecc-cas- - - - -xmp- v Motherboard - http www scan co uk products asus r -sata-iii- gb-s-raid-sata-pcie- - x -atx CPU - http www scan co uk products amd- -s-am plus- ghz- mb-total-cache- w-retail Case Tower - http www scan co uk products nzxt x mm-and- x mm-fans-usb- -w-o-psu-windo I m not sure if the CPU Motherboard is a bit excessive I just chose to the best of my knowledge what I thought would work well for gaming I only have a few games that are modern on the system requirements front those being Crysis amp But I am looking to play games that are more CPU heavy like Arma So this being my first post I hope I get some good advice and not to many red flags and thank you to anyone who gives input it will be much appreciated Cheers nbsp

Relevancy 43%

So ive recently decided to retire my current computer and build a new one. Im gunna be using this computer for mostly gaming along with your typical computer needs. What im asking is what should i look for when buying parts, what all do i need, and some brands that are good. Thankss

A:Building a Computer Help

Start with a budget. There are some guides online that may help as well.

Here's a great article to get your started:
http://www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2659

If you're not even sure what parts are needed, you may want to do some more research before taking on a new build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer-help.43274/
Relevancy 43%

Ok the last pieces of my computer arrived from newegg cheapguys today Since this is my first build I would love any suggestions on puting it together Building my new computer any and all help is greatly appreciated Hardware specs AMD Athlon X Toledo MHz HT x MB L Cache Socket ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe Socket NVIDIA nForce SPP ATX AMD Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM Unbuffered DDR PC Dual Building my new computer Channel Kit System Memory eVGA -P -N -AX Geforce GT CO MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII- ATX V W Power Supply V UL TUV CB FCC CLASS B CUL SONY Black IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model DDU B s - OEM SONY Black MB quot Internal Floppy Drive Model MPF Black SAMSUNG Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM M Cache E-IDE ATAPI DVD Burner Acer AL Fbd Black quot ms GTG LCD Monitor cd m mm Pixel Pitch XION Case nbsp

A:Building my new computer

Look at these guides to building pc`s. They may prove helpful.

http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/step/1

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/how-to-guides/924_1.html

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-my-new-computer.55403/
Relevancy 43%

Im going to build my own computer (2nd one actually), my case is going to be http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156191

can I use just a regular ATX power supply or does it need to be like atx12v or something more with more power? Does ATX only work with ATX or can an ATX12V PSU work with a ATX motherboard (no 12V)?
Thanks

Joe

A:Building new computer...

Hi Joe, and welcome to TSG.

You may want to ask a moderator to move this post (click the red triangle at the top of your post to send a message to a mod or admin) to the hardware forum.

In case you missed it, here is a recently updated description of the DIY Forum as shown on the main Forums listing page.

Do It Yourself Projects
Got something around the house that needs fixing and is NOT a computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-new-computer.701249/
Relevancy 43%

Can anyone tell me what would be a good manual to read/follow, I am going to try and build a computer for fun.

Here are some good guides:

http://www.pcmech.com/build.htm
http://www.kitchentablecomputers.com/
http://www.build-a-computer-guide.com/
http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-computer.324376/
Relevancy 43%

Ok before I start computer first my Building I would like to say THANK YOU to anyone who takes the time to read this and help me out I am going to be as detailed as possible to try to make sure that all my bases are covered and I don t end up going Building my first computer on a wild goose chase or throwing useless parts at this thing First off here is my system and everything I have on it Case Mobo and Processor Features Motherboard Specs - Abit VT Processor - Supports Intel Pentium Celeron Socket processors MHz FSB - Supports Intel Hyper-Threading Technology Chipset - VIA PT VT chipset - Supports Hi-Speed Universal Serial Bus USB Memory - Four -pin DIMM sockets Un-buffered Non-ECC DIMM - Supports Dual DDR Max GB AGP - Accelerated Graphics Port connector supports AGP X X V V SATA RAID - Supports ports SATA RAID Audio - On board -Channel AC CODEC - Professional digital audio interface supports optical S PDIF IN OUT System BIOS - SoftMenu Technology to set CPU parameters - Supports Advanced Configuration and Power Management Interface ACPI LAN - On board M LAN - Mb Operation support ACPI amp Wake on LAN Internal I O Connectors - x AGP slot - x PCI slots - x Floppy Port supports up to MB - x SATA Connectors - x Ultra ATA Connectors - x USB headers - x CD-IN x AUX-IN Back Panel I O - x PS Keyboard x PS Mouse - x Serial Port connector x Parallel Port connector - x S PDIF IN OUT - x Audio connector Center Subwoofer Surround Speaker - x Audio connector Line-out Line-in MIC-in - x USB Connectors - x USB Connectors x RJ- LAN Connector Miscellaneous - ATX form factor x mm Package - User s Manual x - Jumper Setting Label x - VIA Chipset Series Driver Disc x - SATA Driver Disk x - SATA cable x - SATA power cable x - Ultra DMA cable x - FDD cable x - I O shield x Processor Heatsink Specs Intel P Prescott MHz Front Side Bus MB KB cache Inlcudes Intel Heatsink and Fan Case Specs Brand ATOP Model X-Blade Dimension mm W x mm H x mm D quot x quot x quot Patented screwless amp tool-less mounting rails Max Motherboard size x Side panel window with custom chromed XBlade design amp a mesh guard open drive bays with patented tool-less drive rails open drive bays hidden drive bays with patented tool-less drive rails Build in front USB Audio port connectors Includes a front Blue LED cm amp a side window Blue LED cm fan Power supply Watts standard ATX P ready Rear cm X Fan Optional Here is the link on were I bought it http cgi ebay com ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp category amp item Now the parts I bought for it ATI RADEON PRO Video Card MB DDR -bit DVI TV-Out X AGP -RETAIL Model - Item N E Specifications Chipset Core Speed ATI RADEON PRO MHz Memory Effective Speed MB DDR MHz BUS AGP X Ports VGA Out Pin D-Sub TV-Out S-Video DVI connector Support D API DirectX OpenGL Cable Accessories Cables Adapters CD Manual Max email protected Color email protected Corsair Value Select Dual Channel Kit Pin G MBx DDR PC- - OEM Model VS GBKIT C Item N E Specifications Manufacturer Corsair Speed DDR PC Type Pin DDR SDRAM Error Checking Non-ECC Registered Unbuffered Unbuffered Cas Latency Support Voltage V Bandwidth GB s Organization two M x -Bit Warranty Lifetime Western Digital Special Edition GB RPM IDE Hard Drive Model WD JB OEM Drive Only Model WD JB Item N E Specifications Capacity GB Average Seek Time ms Buffer MB Rotational Speed RPM Interface IDE ULTRA ATA Features High-performance with MB Buffer Manufacturer Warranty years Packaging OEM Drive Only Samsung Black X DVD-ROM Drive MODEL SD- EEPB OEM Model SD- EEPB Item N E Specifications Read Speed X CD-ROM X DVD-ROM Interface E-IDE ATAPI Buffer KB Access Time ms Data Transfer Rate DVD kByte s CD kByte s Features Acoustic-noise Reduction System Automatic Ball Balancing System Packaging OEM Bulk see pictures for details Ok so I get it all hooked up and start it up and put my CD in Blue Screen w the DOS type font and it is listing the files it is loading at the bottom and says Windows Setup at the top It would say ... Read more

Relevancy 43%

Hey guys I m about to buy a new gaming PC to run the higher end games like Crysis Bioshock etc and was wondering what you thought of this build Intel Core Duo E Dual Core Processor LGA Conroe GHZ FSB MB - http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn BX E amp manufacture Intel Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC - GB X GB DDR - CL - - - PIN Dual Channel Kit W LEDs - http new a Building computer www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn BL KIT AL amp manufacture CRUCIAL TECHNOLOGY Gigabyte GA-P -DS ATX LGA P FSB PCI-E PCI-E PCI SATA Sound GBLAN Motherboard - http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn GA-P -DS amp manufacture Gigabyte Seagate Barracuda GB SATA MS RPM MB Cache Hard Drive YR MFR Warranty - http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn ST AS amp manufacture Seagate Pioneer DVR- D Black DVD-RW X X DVD RW X X DL X IDE OEM DVD Burner No Software - http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn DVR- DBK amp Building a new computer manufacture Pioneer EVGA E-GEFORCE GTS Superclocked MHZ MB GHZ GDDR PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV HDCP Video Card - http www ncix com products index Building a new computer php sku amp vpn -P -N -AR amp manufacture eVGA Thermaltake Toughpower W W w cm Fan Power Supply Black - http www ncix com products index php sku amp vpn W RU amp manufacture Thermaltake Ultra Black Aluminus ATX Full-Tower Case with Clear Side Front USB Firewire and Audio Ports http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp Sku ULT Silverstone x x Dual Ball Bearing Case Fan with Speed Controller http www tigerdirect ca applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId thanks alot nbsp

Relevancy 43%

Could someone direct me to some informative sites on building a new computer (Up To Date).

Thanks,
Mike

Moved to (Do it yourself projects)

Relevancy 43%

Hi My current computer system consists of Keyboard mouse Speakers quot monitor building computer..need help dvd rom drive CD RW Drive PCI dvd decoder pci NIC pci modem pci ethernet pci sound card pci video card w power source sticks of pc ram mb and building computer..need help mb fujitsu gig drive As you can see I have a fair amount of equipment but my problem is my processor just quit on me nd processor ive fried in a year if i cant fix it is it cheaper for me to just upgrade what do i need the way i see it i can reuse most of my stuff but will need new motherboard processor powersource not sure on that one building computer..need help and ram whats the most economical solution I dont have that much to spend and just need a reliable motherboard that has decent support superpower went out of business building computer..need help i dont wnat that to happen with my next board as for processor i need something cheap i was happy with mhz so anthing around here or greater would be fine please help as im not that experienced with todays standard for equipment Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 43%

so im building a new budget pc and will be getting this motherboard

http://www.ebuyer.com/266605-asus-p...-8-channel-hd-audio-matx-p8h61-m-le-usb3-r3-0

im trying to find a decent heatsink that will fit nice with this motherboard w/o getting in the way of the ram etc and has the rite connection... i think 4 pin, does anyone have any ideas of a few decent heat sinks

A:Building new computer

thaught illd mention that its all going in this case
http://www.xcase.co.uk/product-p/case-x-case-defender.htm
found this heatsink but not sure if it will fit
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/cpu/57/.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-computer.176449/
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
I am building a computer. Iam going to use an asus A7N8x, this board has DDR DIMM RAM capability from 3200,2700,2100 should I match the processor and RAM to 2700 or is it ok to use PC2100 RAM with an AMD 2700 or 2400 processor (this is an AMD board)
Thanks

I'd get the PC3200 DDR. Not that big a difference in price.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-computer.120101/
Relevancy 43%

Hello everyone, i am thinking of building my own PC.... I am looking for a PC that can handle games such as MW2 and other new games but be very cheap to buy. This is why i am looking to build my own PC, because i heard it was alot cheaper. I am 15 years old and i need a computer to myself, because our homecomputer is slowly dying. My brother is an IT expert so he can put the PC together, the only thing i need to do is to get the parts.. I am not sure which parts to get, i know the basic parts but i don't know which ones to get....

I need to know which parts i should get, and if they are compatible (i dunno if all parts are compatible i just wanna be sure) and if its powerfull enough... Thanks alot people!

~Rory Mansell

A:Help building computer

Could you please provide us with a budget and tell us where you're located and whether you're willing to buy online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-building-computer.148514/
Relevancy 43%

Hey I ve decided on building my first new computer I would appreciate any tips as this is hard being a newbie What I got Mobo ASUS P N-E SLI LGA NVIDIA nForce i SLI ATX http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E CPU Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GT MB PCI-E http www hothardware com Articles Gigabyte GeForce GT Default aspx RAM http pconlineshop co nz pcshop product info php cPath amp products id amp RBTid e dc ae c cd e x HDD Seagate GB SATA RPM MB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Case amp PSU Raidmax Ninja ATX Mid Building Computer a Tower Case W PSU V A V A Either SILVER or BLACK haven t chosen http www ascent co Building a Computer nz ProductSpecification aspx ItemID or http www ascent co nz ProductSpecification aspx ItemID Sony X AWG AB DVDRW Black Drive http pconlineshop co nz pcshop product info php cPath amp products id amp RBTid e dc ae c cd e Sony MPF Floppy Drive Beige Silver Black http www nzoczone com product info php cPath amp products id And OS will be be XP Professional I think Most of them will be bought else where here in New Zealand Just found sites with most info All that comes to about not including OS NZD which is about USD Parts here are generally more expensive Also what would I need in the way of cooling So what would this be like and anyone have any suggestions or tips Thanks nbsp

getta 8800 GTS or GTx instead.

Get this ram

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134138 or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146672

You could use stock cooling or get a zalmaln 9700

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-computer.76288/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys Someone asked me to build him a computer I computer new a Building have never actually Building a new computer built a computer but I have upgraded mine a lot of times and repaired my friends computers I know how to build a computer but now it seems a lot harder than I thought it would be Just need some help I looked on newegg com and there s so much stuff there I know how to build a computer -- you need a case power supply etc but when I actually got to newegg there was a lot more stuff than I expected I mean there are like different types of cases different companies that make cases etc I don t know where to start It seems easy to do but it s a lot harder than I thought First off I told the person that it will cost at Building a new computer least for everything I know it seems a little low for a computer but it can be He doesn t need the latest P I decided to build him a computer with Building a new computer at least MB of RAM maybe A Mhz - Ghz processor AMD Pentium does it matter a - GB HD a monitor I would like it to be a quot to make it a good computer a quot is just crap That s what I think will be good for him I don t think he needs more than that That s why it comes out to be so cheap because I m using parts that are a little old but they re still very good This man is probably in his s or s so I don t think he will be playing much of GTA or UT So I don t have to build a very fast computer When I asked him what he will be doing with it he said that he wants to learn English so he will be using a program that teaches English he wants to be able to check email etc A computer with MB will definitely do the job But the reason that I want to put MB is in case he will be doing more intensive stuff like watching DVDs etc This may only happen in the future but I don t want him to have problems later Ok so what I need basically your help with is deciding exactly what I SPECIFICALLY will need I mean I know what I need but it s hard to figure out exactly which parts to get since there are so many different kinds of them nbsp

Relevancy 43%

So i have been in the market for a computer for a few months now and haven t found anything Need a help building computer to my satisfaction yet I have wanted to build a computer for roughly yrs now but frankly it kinda scares me i would love to build one but i deff need help but before i get to telling you guys what I am looking for in a computer ill tell you a little about what i know about computers I am self taught i mainly work on trouble shooting computers virus removal and the like I have some knowledge about computer parts and specs but just the bare minimum Need help building a computer to be able to shop around and get a Need help building a computer decent deal on a computer So know that you know a little bit about what i know heres kinda what i want i am willing to take suggestions though CPU intel core i k tb hdd gbs ram GPU i am looking for a decent GPU something around the performance of the Radeon HD but if there are better for cheaper let me know Price well i was looking for some were in the range but would go up to ish Yeah i know not much to go off of and a small budget but to help even more here is kinda what i plan to use it for I use programs such as adobe dreamweaver flash after effects and programs like those i play games here and there mainly minecraft command and conquer red alert and games like those So that s basically all i can think of to add to this post if you have any questions plz ask i will be happy to answer and thx for the help in advanced nbsp

A:Need help building a computer

That looks like a decent build for your requirements.

Don't forget the Z68 motherboard and a quality branded 400-500W PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-building-a-computer.177147/