Windows Support Forum

My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

Q: My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-2tb-wd-green-has-fast-write-speed-but-slow-read-speed.152655/
Relevancy 89.9%

Guys, a real basic question. I am looking at buying a new machine and have a choice of DVDRW/CDRW or DVDRW. The CD write and read speed (16 and 24) appears alot quicker than the DVD write and read speed (4 and 8). Is this a true comparison i.e. the CD reads 4 times quicker than the DVD or am I missing something. Will be using the laptop for a lot of CD reading for itunes and this is an important factor in my decision. All guidance appreciated. Cheers.

On a side note anyone know what the differance is between these two graphics chipsets?? i.e. which is better or are they pretty much the same

Gaphics chipset - Intel 855GM NVIDIA Ge Force FX go 5200
Mem Size - 64mb 64mb
Mem type - Shared Dedicated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-read-and-write-speed-compared-to-dvd-read-and-write-speed-graphics-chipsets.20476/
Relevancy 85.25%

Hello,

I have 4gb and 16gb kingston DT 101 usb....both had slow read & write speeds on fat32(defulat format)..
-write speed 4-6mb/sec
-read speed 25mb/sec appx

When i format it to NTFS, it writes initially at 100mb/s and then suddenly slows down to appx 15-20mb/s... and sometimes it gets stuck somwhere in the middle or on 99% and when i cancel it it start cancelling but doesnt end up, and end ups by removing usb or by logging off... when i copy from usb to harddisk in ntfs format, its working f9...

Why there is problem in writing???

Any help will b appreciated... Thanx in advance

(I have dell inspiron n5520 core i5, 4gb ram, with win 7 ultimate 64bit... my laptop has usb 3.0 ports (all 4 ports).... i have updated drivers and windows... i have also set my usb to better performance from device manager... there is no problem sign in device manager)

A:USB 3.0 slow read & write speed

Those DT 101 are USB 2.0 drives, they will only go at USB 2.0 rates. USB 2.0 at beast is about 35 MB/s on reads but typically 25 MB/s. And these 4GB 101 are not particularly good performers:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/994/2/

The Kingston site specs say 10 MB/s read, 5 MB/s write.

If you want USB 3.0 speeds you need to get good USB 3.0 sticks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/250712-usb-3-0-slow-read-write-speed.html
Relevancy 82.46%

According to Crystal Disk Mark Sequential Read Speed MB s Sequential Write Speed MB s Random Read Speed MB s Random Write Speed MB s According to Speccy I have two points that may help -I switched from windows to windows a couple months after windows first came out My manufacturer said my laptop didn't support windows The only compatibility issue I noticed at the time was with the trackpad but nothing else -I used a software program don't remember the name to combine the two default hard Write Drive Speed and Random Read Hard Slow drive partitions originally on my laptop I'm not sure when the hard drive started slowing down in Slow Hard Drive Random Read and Write Speed relation to these two things All I know is that the problem has been occurring for at least months The laptop is approximately years old It takes forever to transfer certain Slow Hard Drive Random Read and Write Speed files install certain programs and start up the computer tasks that rely solely on sequential read write obviously aren't as affected Any help would be appreciated and feel free to ask me as many questions as you need

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130181-slow-hard-drive-random-read-write-speed.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I use Windows Vista SP2.I use the latest Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security(updated) and Malwarebytes (updated) and latest version of K9 web protection.I use IE9,Firefox 3.6.16 and Chrome 11.0 beta.I have a download speed of max 190-210 kBps and upload speed of 31-40 kBps.It has been working normally with fast surfing and downloading.Yesterday I saw a weird thing,I usually download through torrents.I saw my downloads are happening,but no sites are opening.Even Google was once or twice opening very slowly.So please tell me what is happening?

A:Extremely slow browsing speed but fast download speed????

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

If Windows is denying access to the Hosts file, disable the UAC and run HijackThis again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/extremely-slow-browsing-speed-but-fast-download-speed.989278/
Relevancy 110.51%

Hi all Good day I would like to know how to boost the read write speed of my Hard Disk Drive Someone told me about some innovation in Windows such as Superfetch Prefetch Ready Boost etc - something that is supposedly utilizing the idle capacity of your RAM SSD to boost the read write speed in speed read How can up HDD write/ RAM/ SSD speed? the Hard Disk How RAM/ SSD can speed up HDD write/ read speed? Drive Currently my laptop is setup as follows GB C Drive running on SSD - has the Windows and all apps installed in it GB D Drive has all the Libraries folders installed in it RAM GB PLanning to increase it by an additional GB it this helps Hence how can i use the SSD or RAM to improve on the Hard Disk read write speed Currently my Intel SSD toolbox is showing as follows Question is how do we know if Superfetch Prefetch is enabled based on the printscreen shown above It just show that the feature is optimised By the way can we transfer the following folders from C Drive to D Drive Will it affect the computer performance

A:How RAM/ SSD can speed up HDD write/ read speed?

Hi there
There is virtually NOTHING you can do to speed up the performance of an HDD unfortunately --that's the nature of spinners.
If you MUST use a Spinner the only things you can do are these

1) Get one with the FASTEST spin speed -- 5400 RPM is too slow -- it should be a MINIMUM of 7200 and preferably 10,000 RPM.

2) Make sure it has the LARGEST CACHE possible -- this variable is not usually shown in the Disk specs when you buy it - and if you ask any salesman in the store he will look at you as if you have come from another planet. You should be able to find out though -- just Google for the various HDD's you want to buy and look at the specs. The Cache is like a bit of special FAST internal memory (RAM) that's in the disk controller hardware

(What the cache does is prefetch the data the computer THINKS you are going to want from the HDD next - so when you need it it's already in the system - you don't have to wait for the disk to calculate the physical sectors required, then wait for the rotation to reach the physical position and then transfer the data. These times might seem very short to you but compared with the normal speed of computer operations the physical rotation and access times of the HDD are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE SLOWER than accessing the cache or main memory. The pre-fetch algorithm is quite sophisticated and takes a little while before it is reasonably optimized for your use). The prefetch is done when the computer is "Idle" so it doesn't slow down any of your applications.

3) Ensure you are not using IDE any more - the HDD should be e-SATA.

4) Keep only user data (documents, photos, music etc) on the HDD's - put the OS and installed applications on the SSD.

Your best bet is to install the OS and applications on the SSD. There's no harm in say moving favourites to the SSD but if these aren't accessed much then there isn't a huge point.

An SSD has NO MOVING parts so data is ready almost instantly -- even here though a cache is useful since the index can be held in storage too.

Increasing the RAM probably will have only a marginal effect - depends on what you are running and how many applications you run concurrently. If you run things like Virtual Machines --Yes RAM will improve performance but if you are running things like OFFICE or simply surfing the web spend the extra money on getting a larger capacity SSD -- a decent SSD is probably the BEST thing you can do to improve machine performance. Going from 4GB to 8GB RAM is cheap enough so I'd do it as a matter of course especially if you are (or want to) run the 64 bit version of the OS.

For most typical apps including a lot of games you won't benefit hugely from having a faster processor - especially if you DON'T have an SSD for the OS as most computer usage is often really heavily I/O bound anyway.

(Just to show how good though an SSD is -- in a small i3 powered laptop with a Samsung 840 SSD (250GB) fitted it takes around 3 (yes THREE) secs for photoshop to be READY FOR USE.

I'd forget about things like Ready boost etc -- these just screw up the basic prefetching algorithm -- if you need your Spinners as I said above an e-sata one with a decent cache size and a 10,000 RPM speed is what you need.

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/25345-how-ram-ssd-can-speed-up-hdd-write-read-speed.html
Relevancy 110.08%

hallo
i have a problem last 1 week.my downloas speed well..but browseing speed slow.i playing online games.watch movie. its soo low its too pain full.i cant under stand why?..i am from srilanka.internet line ADSL.. prolink router..512KB/s line..plz help me.

A:fast download speed but browseing speed slow.

Hi, welcome to this forum!

Please visit this site to measure the real speed of the connection. When done please post the results here.
Internet providers (who gives you the internet) usually make an offer of x speed internet but they only guarantee you to get much less. So the speed might change up and down sometimes. If the internet is still very slow please read the details of your agreement with the internet provider. But first give us the speed results from that site

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190808-fast-download-speed-but-browseing-speed-slow.html
Relevancy 109.65%

So, I've been trying to fix this problem for months. I have two Maxtor hard drives on the primary IDE channel, one's a 120 Gb(master) and an 80Gb(Slave). Both of them write at about 1.8 Mb/sec and read at a normal rate. I've put a new ribbon cable in it, checked the jumpers, Windows says they're running in UDMA mode 6.

Both hard drives can't be bad, so I've ruled that out for now. I honestly don't remember when they first started running slow, but at least 6 months. I did a reformat about a year ago, and I think it was working well then, but that's a while ago and I just don't remember thinking it was slow at the time anyway.

Specs:
Windows XP -SP3
AthlonXP 3200+
2 Gb Corsair Ram
120 & 80 Gb Maxtors
450 watt PSU

Thanks

Relevancy 104.49%

I bought a Sony Burner and noticed that it went up to 40 speed for burning disks. What speed would you recommend in order to ensure safe, fault free backups.

Thanks

A:SONY - CDRW Too Fast Write Speed

Depends on your system and the software configuration. What are your system specs and O/S?

In most cases, if the drive can't keep it will slow down. Also if you use slower media then the max speed of the drive it will slow down to the speed of the media.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-cdrw-too-fast-write-speed.199588/
Relevancy 101.48%

This was already asked by someone else in Aug but not answered, does anyone know? I've got the latest X1 beastie on order and want to add the largest and fastest SD card that it makes sense to add, but can't find any details anywhere about the read/write speed of the reader. There's a $200 premium between for example the Sandisk Pro and the "next best" but if the read/write speeds of the Sandisk Pro aren't supported then obviously that'll be a waste of money. Read speed is most important: it's for a library of virtual machine images and containers which I should be able to occasionally move/copy/backup/update and I don't like USB keys for that. So, does anyone know the potential read/write speeds of the card reader itself? Thanks in advance!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-4th-Gen-what-read-write-speed-of-the-microsd-card-reader/td-p/3425443
Relevancy 101.48%

I am looking to buy nbsp the above EliteBook but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the read and write speeds are for the PCIe of SSD Read/Write speed M.2 GB M PCIe SSD that comes with this specific version nbsp T X EA nbsp To clarify the SSD nbsp for this version nbsp uses a PCIe interface instead of Read/Write speed of M.2 PCIe SSD the usual SATA interface this means it should nbsp reach much nbsp faster speeds than a SATA SSD Other SSDs of this type that I have seen boast speeds of upto MB s read and MB s write nbsp If this SSD is not capable of such nbsp speeds would nbsp the PCIe interface nbsp support a replacement high performance SSD and retain these high speeds nbsp Read/Write speed of M.2 PCIe SSD Additionally Read/Write speed of M.2 PCIe SSD is this M PCIe interface a replacement to the standard SATA interface or can I also install a second drive into the vacant SATA interface nbsp Thank you for your assistance nbsp Note I have already tried contacting both sales support and technical support to no avail

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Read-Write-speed-of-M-2-PCIe-SSD/td-p/5601302
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi I'm looking at models of the R nbsp I feel like I read somewhere that it didn't have the fastest SSD nbsp I tried chat but wasn't able to immediately get stats on the drive but was told it was Kingston nbsp nbsp Kingston couldn't find the numbers Acer gave me but looked up the drives Kingston nbsp recommends for this model a g nbsp Aspire for for... speed read/write SSD models, 2 R-14 and g nbsp nbsp The had read write in the area of but the had one of those numbers in the s nbsp Kingston told me for this type of SSD performance can decrease with larger drives nbsp nbsp nbsp I don't think those were the exact drives because the size Aspire R-14 2 models, read/write speed for SSD for... didn't match nbsp I also saw a post on this board about the R I believe where the SSD write speed was clearly slow before an upgrade thought that's a different laptop nbsp I wouldn't want to get the g if it's slower than the g nbsp nbsp I know I could install my own but why even get a laptop with an SSD if I'm going to do that nbsp Can someone from Acer provide me read write speeds for the SSDs for these models or does someone from the community have test results nbsp R - T- J G SSD nbsp R - T- UN G SSD

A:Aspire R-14 2 models, read/write speed for SSD for...

When I evaluated the R5-471T this is what I got when I tested the SSD: Note: Power Plan= High Performance         For testing purposes, Windows Defender Active scanning=disabled Note2: I don't work for Acer In my opinion, 1029 is a very respectable score.  I was pleased with the SSD.  It performed well. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Aspire-R-14-2-models-read-write-speed-for-SSD-for-2-models/td-p/421827/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi i have a new lg 18x dvd burner model gsa-h22n, ive tried multiple types of discs and different burning programs, but whether its an x disc or 16x times it will not burn it at greater then 4x, dual layer discs as well dont read correct speeds in it, ive updated the firmware and still no luck, i can copy an image to the system in 18x reading it off but then it always burns at 4x, can any one help please, the lg site is useless and says nothing, thx

Relevancy 100.19%

A while back, I had to change my DVDRW's read/write speed to x1, and now I can't remember or find where to change it back. Anyone know? (I'm using Windows XP)

A:Changing DVDRW Read/Write Speed

Since Windows doesn't support writing to DVD's natively, I"m assuming you use a 3rd party burning application. What is your burning application? Nero has Nero DriveSpeed to configure read/write speeds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-dvdrw-read-write-speed.513529/
Relevancy 100.19%

I've tried googling and fixing this issue for 12+ hours. Here's the deal: whenever I open new programs, my hard drive jumps up to 100% usage. The problem is my read/write speed looks like it's capped around 10 MB/s. The manufacture says I should get an average of 156 MB/s.

I have a 6 month old Dell XPS 8500 (i7, 8GB RAM, 1TB-7200 rpm hard drive). I consistently take care of it (defrag, clean sweep, virus/malware protection). Please see the dropbox link or PDF attached for examples of my issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Dropbox Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5gfwob672t...0%28PDF%29.pdf
Dropbox Video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a22w0koift...28Video%29.mp4

A:Hard Drive - Read/Write Speed Cap?

Actually, this looks normal, it is just taking a long time for one or two of those apps to get past Initialization stage. What is that "VProtect" thing, and I don't like that "Antimalware" thing you got underneath it.

If this is a Laptop, then it is most likely you are capped, at 5400rpm. I am going to check something, BRB.

Ok, "Capped at 10mbps" looks better than mine, the highest I see on mine is 5mbps. But I need to check my system while it boots.

When I boot this PC, all of the stuff that is loading makes everything peg out at 100%, not just HD, but CPU and RAM as well. But once it gets past it, everything goes down to very low use.

Those two items, are suspicious, who makes them, what are they - Vprotect and Antimalware?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32373-hard-drive-read-write-speed-cap.html
Relevancy 100.19%

My DVD burner isn't up to par. I have a Toshiba Satellite M45 notebook and I looked up the statistics; The drive is supposed to have 8x read/write capabilities but my software merely writes and burns at 2.x times.... why?

A:DVD Drive Read/Write Speed Problem

When a disc is inserted, the burner does a trial burn to a special test area to determine the useable speed of that disk in that drive.

Different brands of media suit different burners.

Only a few burn at the recommended maximum speed of the drive, in my experience (but that can depend on the drive to a large extent).

Change the media brand and the results may change.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-read-write-speed-problem.436040/
Relevancy 100.19%

I speed Optical write caddy read bay found nothing on the internet about the read write speeds of drives hard drives SSD using optical drive bay caddies therefore I decide to do some tests myself I have a Vostro and recently bought an off-lease Latitude E They both run Windows nbsp The optical drive bay of both laptops are removable more conveniently on the Optical bay caddy read write speed Vostro I bought the optical drive caddies on eBay http www ebay com itm ssPageName STRK MEWNX IT amp trksid p m l http www ebay com itm ssPageName STRK MEWNX IT amp trksid p m l Both caddies can take drives HDD SSD up to mm thick First of all I want to find out what interface the optical drive use to communicate with the laptop I use Speecy http www piriform com speccy a system hardward information freeware to find this informaton It turns out that this is SATA II transfer speed Gbps MBps on the Latitude E and SATA III Gbps MBps on the Vostro The optical bay caddies of both laptops are quot hot swappable quot ie can be inserted removed on-the-fly without rebooting and the new drive will be automatically detected deleted by the operating system This is easily done on the Latitude which has an Eject button on the DVD drive and the caddy I bought - there are models without the ejector You need to remove one screw on the bottom panel of the Vostro remove another screw that holds the drive in place and use a small flat-head screwdriver to push at one corner of the original drive so that it disengages from the connector This is a little difficult and discourages frequent swapping of the caddy with the original DVD drive I tested two hard drives and one SSD RPM - Seagate Momentus GB ST AS - SATA II max quot internal transfer speed quot MBps max quot external transfer speed quot MBps from manufacturer spec sheet RPM - Seagate Momentus Thin GB ST LM - SATA III max quot sustained transfer speed quot MBps max quot IO transfer speed quot MBps from manufacturer spec sheet SSD - Kingston SSDNow V GB - SATA III max read write speeds MBps I use ATTO Disk Bench http www attotech com disk-benchmark to test the read and write speeds It is not as quot professional quot as eg IO Meter but it has nice display which can easily be understood This is the result RPM HDD read write speed in MBps Latitude E nbsp - nbsp Vostro nbsp - nbsp RPM HDD read write speed in MBps Latitude E nbsp - nbsp Vostro nbsp - nbsp SSD read write speed in MBps Latitude E nbsp - nbsp Vostro nbsp - nbsp I don t know why the RPM drive is faster in the Latitude than the Vostro a newer model The Latitude has Intel Rapid Storage Technology and the Vostro does not I dunno if this makes a difference You can see the screen shots of the ATTO Disk Bench result here http postimg org gallery adfn v CONCLUSION Both caddies work as advertised The SSD is faster in the caddy of the Vostro than the Latitude because of the difference in speed of SATA III vs SATA II As expected the speeds are nowhere near the maximum speed of the SATA III interface or the speeds quoted by the SSD manufacturer Still it is really fast Many people replace the original HDD with a faster SSD and buy a caddy to use the HDD as a second storage drive It does not really matter what interface the caddy has SATA I II or III because the read write speeds of the fast RPM HDDs are nowhere near the speed of SATA I Gbps MBps The transfer speed in the caddy and eSATA USB will be much faster than an external USB drive enclosure

A:Optical bay caddy read write speed

thanks a lot . I asked about it ...

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19581480
Relevancy 99.76%

Recently moved house and had installed my internet today, the exact same setup.

Right now the only difference with this setup is that the router is plugged into my laptop, and if anything, it's closer to my computer than it was in the previous house.

My problem is that it randomly goes slow for short periods of time, or in games it lags like crazy. For example while watching youtube it'll shoot up the loading bar fast and then all of a sudden stop, and go really slowly, then back into fast speed over and over.

What can I do to resolve this?

A:Slow speed, fast speed, slow speed.

Go to speedtest.net and see what your download and upload speeds are. Watching a youtube video will use less bandwidth than a game would.

You could also do a tracert to google.com to see if there are any high response times.
Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/191565-slow-speed-fast-speed-slow-speed.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I read reviews (mostly on Newegg) regarding USB Flash Drives and the reviewer will talk about the Read/Write speeds they experience with their USB drives.
How do they find out the Read/Write speeds of those drives?
Can you find that in Windows, or do you need to download separate software?
Thanks
Hc

A:Determining Read/Write Speed of USB Flash Drives

There's many transfer speed benchmark tools out there. If you're lazy, you can do it the old-fashioned way. Get a BIG file. Then copy and paste and time it yourself. Then divide the file size by the time it took. Note that you're supposed to look at the light on the flash drive (some blink) to check when the transfer ends - not when Windows tells you so, because writes usually use a buffer, and although all the data has been copied from your HD, it may not have been copied from the buffer to the flash drive yet. Another thing to be careful is to do the write, but NOT do the read from the same drive again right after that. The reason is if you have a lot of memory, the data will be cached in memory, and read from there (as opposed to the flash drive) when you're copying back from the flash drive to the HD, totally invalidating your results. I don't know of how to manually flush memory cache besides rebooting and doing the read transfer speed separately.
For automated tools, google for flash drive benchmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/determining-read-write-speed-of-usb-flash-drives-312332.html
Relevancy 99.33%

What hard drive utility would allow me to measure the read write speed of my various USB Hard drives
I don't mind smart monitor etc but don't need that
the commercial ones seem complex
has anyone found this function in a freeware utitily

Any tips appreciated
Kevin

A:utility to measure the read write speed of USB drives

Atto will do it just fine bud. Made for hard drives but will work on any drive really. here is my Kingston USB 3 datatraveller

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/13303-utility-measure-read-write-speed-usb-drives.html
Relevancy 99.33%

I copied some large files from a SATA harddrive across a wired Ethernet 100Base-T network to a new LaCie NAS harddrive. I was surprised at how long it was taking, so checked Networking in Task Monitor. The network was shown to be operating at only 25-35% of its 100Mbps capacity. CPU was running less than 20% capacity. No other programs were running and nothing else was being transferred over the network. Computer a 1GB RAM, so that should not have been a bottle neck.

Is that a normal harddrive transfer rate or do I have a problem somewhere?

FredVN

Relevancy 98.9%

Have 4 HDDs mounted in case. 3 of them are fine. The WDC W20EADS tests at an average write speed of 1MB/s, read is 80MB/s. Every now and then it comes right and the write speed is also around 80MB/s.

Stuck in the bottom of the case it runs quite warm 35C to 45C.

Is the drive failing, or running too warm?

A:HDD slow write, fast read

I might suggest downloading Western Digitals data lifeguard diagnostic program to check the drive. It should tell you what you need to know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/169480-hdd-slow-write-fast-read.html
Relevancy 98.04%

I need to understand which is the maximum read/write speed suppported dy the Spectre x360 15" internal SD Card Reader. The only information i was able to find on the web is that the spare part for the reader is 801498-001, it seems to be manifactured by HP, but no further specifications are available. Can someone help? How fast can the internal reader access SD cards in read/write? Thank you in advance.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-15-quot-SD-Card-Reader-read-write-speed/td-p/5768043
Relevancy 98.04%

OK I've been having sleep speed from after read up halves HDD (roughly) write / waking this problem for a while now HDD read / write speed (roughly) halves after waking up from sleep and the more I get into it the more I think it's crazy Now HDD read / write speed (roughly) halves after waking up from sleep I'm not sure this is a Windows problem it could also be the motherboard I'm quite sure though that it's not a HDD problem Anyway here I go I'm running Windows on an SSD this drive runs fine I have another new HD in my computer a TB Seagate Desktop HDD ST DM Now after I wake the PC from sleep the read write speed of the HD roughly halves Everytime the PC goes slower and slower until you can't even watch a mp without massive lagging I have used CrystalDiskMark for performance testing partition read MB s write MB s c SSD c after sleep c after sleep d HDD d after sleep d after sleep e HDD e after sleep e after sleep Now I guess this looks like it could also be a HDD problem even though the HDD's new But look what happens as soon as I connect another dying HDD partition read write c SSD c after sleep c after sleep d HDD d after sleep d after sleep e HDD e after sleep e after sleep f HDD f after sleep x x f after sleep x x g HDD g after sleep x x g after sleep x x x Benchmark didn't even start Now obviously the problem doesn't appear as soon as another drive was connected I'm absolutely clueless Things I have tried might have tried more it's been so long I don't remember anymore - changed SATA cable - changed connector on motherboard - updates BIOS - looked for HDD firmware nothing found - tried disabling fast startup - tried disabling superfetc - tried disabling Windows notifications

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61032-hdd-read-write-speed-roughly-halves-after-waking-up-sleep.html
Relevancy 97.18%

Ever find your actual write speed is far less than the selected write speed?
For example I have a LG CD-RW 40x12x40
and use Memorex CD-R 700MB 48x multi speed disks.
I set it to burn regular music CD at 40x and it only writes at 16x
It seems drivers are far and in between and I have the latest so that rules that out...
Hardware getting run down and old maybe? It doesn't get used very often. Maybe easy CD creater is the weak link...
Any suggestions? comments?

A:Selected write speed vs. actual write speed

Does it write data at 40x?

It may be that your writing software is saving you from badly written audio CDs and automatically reduces write speed.

Most CD-RW drives fail to produce error free audio CDs when writing at full speeds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/selected-write-speed-vs-actual-write-speed.9579/
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi, my problem is that i have low download speed and fast upload speed. My brother have 17 download speed and 16 upload speed on wifi (he have also notebook) and i have download speed 2,5 and upload speed 16. We were trying speedtest.net at the same time. http://www.speedtest.net/result/4038336205.png

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:lenovo U510 low download speed fast upload speed

hi Delian

Thanks for Posting!

try checking these

Change Encryption Support
Right-Click on the Wi-fi signal icon on the lower right corner of the screen, Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Cick on your Wireless network on the main page.

3. Click on Wireless Properties.4. Click on Security Tab.5. If applicable, change the Encryption type to TKIP and test.

Then check the Speed again.

Let me know your findings
Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-U510-low-download-speed-fast-upload-speed/td-p/1846555
Relevancy 95.89%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 95.46%

hi guys.

i've recently got a Kingston DataTraveller 101 (4 gb) which says that its read and write speed is 10 mb/sec. I'm running windows 7 and when i tried copying a 3 gb file in the pen drive i was getting a speed of just 5 mb/s. is there any problem or is that normal.

regards
kranika

A:Slow USB write speed

Not ideal, but within range. Any other devices drawing power on the bus? Source disk busy or fragged?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/28099-slow-usb-write-speed.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Greetings all hope you are doing fine Situation - I have a Mb DSL connection - Speed while downloading a file using Internet Download Manager is between - KB sec - Browsing streaming speed is between - KB sec - Speed while downloading a file using any browser is between - KB sec - Downloaded the TCP Optimizer and applied the Optimal settings Did not solve the issue - Followed the instruction here gt gt http www speedguide net articles w -tweaks- Did not solve the issue - TCP Analyzer is saying that my MTU is but in my router and in my NIC it is - Speed Test in Safe Mode can sometimes yield better results - Tried disabling all start-up items Did not solve the issue My setup OS Windows x NIC Atheros AR AR AR Router SMC WBRA Connection Type Ethernet ----------------------------------------------- Speed Test Results SpeedGuide net TCP Analyzer Results Tested on IP address xx xx proxy Client OS browser Windows Chrome TCP options string c MSS MTU TCP Window NOT multiple of download speed Fast browsing/streaming low speed, MSS RWIN Scaling bits Unscaled RWIN Recommended RWINs BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s BDP limit ms kbps KBytes s MTU Discovery ON TTL Timestamps OFF SACKs ON IP ToS ------------------------------------------------ Thanks nbsp

A:Fast download speed, low browsing/streaming speed

Set the MTU in the router itself to 1492

Analyzer is saying that my MTU is 1460, but in my router and in my NIC it is 1500Click to expand...

the normal value for DSL is 1492, and 1460 is INVALID = = must be a multiple of 8.

Manually set {1472 or 1464} in the router.

The article cited has good info but I would opt for all the defaults.

restore:

netsh int tcp set heuristics enabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

see this article to set SackOpts=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fast-download-speed-low-browsing-streaming-speed.192638/
Relevancy 94.17%

Is it better to have your cpu fan run slow or fast to get better temperature's?.

A:CPU fan speed, better fast or slow?

For one thing, your computer tends to be a little louder when your fan is running full out. As long as your cpu is running at normal specs, I would let it run using the bios or a third party application to control it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/211201-cpu-fan-speed-better-fast-slow.html
Relevancy 94.17%

So a couple months ago i started a download for a game on steam but when i was checking it it would download at kb for like secs and say busy writing to disk for a whole minute i have DL and UP and steam usually downloads at a steady Mbps I checked my main HDD write speed and it was around Mb then i checked my other HDD and the write speed was at a really slow Kb I used a rd party program to check its status crystaldiskmark or info and both HDD's were fine so i used S M Speed Extremely Write HDD Slow A R T from CMD and it also said both HDD's were just fine so i really dont know whats HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow going on I am getting a new TB real soon and by that im doing a whole new build and i wouls like HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow to turn my current PC into a home PC for my family but thats not gonna work out to well with a failing HDD that isnt being detected or something So does anyone know some tricks i could try to fix this or is it done for Oh and it couldnt have been heat or anything since my HDD's are literally always at HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow body temperature level C - C The HDD is also about years old so it could just be dying but i want to know why its problems arent being detected by SMART or any programs

A:HDD Write Speed Extremely Slow

Download the disk utility from the hard drive manufacturer's web site.

It probably has a couple of tests. Run the quick one. If it passes that, run the longer one.

SMART isn't entirely reliable. Drives can go bad at any time with no warning.

But you may have healthy drives that are being affected by something else---malware for instance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/355904-hdd-write-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I have 10 hard drives on my computer. 4 internal and 6 external (USB2). I noticed lately that one of the External ones (Seagate FreeAgentDesktop 1000) has a VERY low write speed when copting files to it.

I did a test with HD Tune Pro and low and behold, all of my other HDDs have a write speed of 25MB\s and the problematic one has a write speed of 5MB\s.

I did many kinds of tests on the drive but every one says that the drive is healthy. Not overheated, not fragmented, nothing.

I googled this issue and can't find any solution for this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:HD Sudden Slow WRITE Speed

That's actually pretty good to get that kind of performance on everything else on a system configured that way (must be XP). The most common speed I get on multiple external drives on one system is in the 15-17 MB/s but I do get a 5-6 sometimes as well.

It might have something to do with the write cache capability of the drive but USB is also a shared bandwidth protocol so the more USB devices that are attached, the more speed may be affected.

Possible solutions might be to convert some of the drives to firewire or eSata if possible, if using a USB hub, one or more ports could be 1.1 and also only use one external drive USB connection per one USB controller with nothing else attached which could cause bandwidth sharing. Also try playing musical ports and testing speed to see if its maybe just that drive or just that port.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hd-sudden-slow-write-speed.834509/
Relevancy 94.17%

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop [running Window 7] with a MATSHITA UJ8A0AS DVD RAM Drive. When I first got my laptop, it would burn up to 8x however recently it has been burning slower (a few months ago only going to 4x) now it is "maxed" at 2.4x, which would be ok if windows explorer and other DVD programs wouldn't tell me that my burning speed is either too fast or too slow (obviously too slow). Does anyone have any experience with this or ideas?

A:DVD Drive: Write Speed Too Slow

Hiyya Shadow mate have been dealing with Toshies for a while now and if tit isn't the driver then I reckon the drive is bung - easy to fix just put a new one in they are cheap enough.

Just so I can help you more what model do you have I have a quite a good site for fixing Toshibas.

The main thing is the bezel on the outside of the optical itself it needs a bit of coaxing to get off and replace onto the new drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297338-dvd-drive-write-speed-too-slow.html
Relevancy 94.17%

I m USB write speed Slow port on not very familiar with troubleshooting USB ports and I can t find any info on Slow write speed on USB port the net about this problem I hope someone who reads this message can help me out I ve recently been experimenting with flashdrives However I hit a problem with sloooow write rates on my home Slow write speed on USB port computer I know it s strange because they operate fine on my work computer Let me tell you some stats Flash drives one is usb and the other is usb Work Computer Dell computer win usb Home computer custom built AMD machine gigabyte mb dxr winXP built in usb port is usb pci card is Speed Rates Work computer note both flashdrives Read kb sec Write kb sec Home - usb port note both drives Read kb sec Write kb sec usb flashdrive has same rate as when plugged into ports flashdrive Read kb sec Write kb sec As you can see there s a huge problem with the write rate on the home computer I ve tried updating drivers reinstalling usb ports changing cache setting using different flashdrives sacrificing small animals and nothing seems to work Anyone encounter this problem before or have any suggestions nbsp

A:Slow write speed on USB port

Does anyone have any clues about this? Or do you know where I can go to get some help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-write-speed-on-usb-port.154429/
Relevancy 94.17%

I use my ssd since a year and since a few days the performance drops extremly!

First sceenshot is atto with initial settings ... (very slow!)
Second, with a little changed settings .... (upper right corner!)
and finally a Image with the ASS Tool Infos ...

I tried the bench with enabled or disabled cache (C:\ properties ...)
The disc hast round about 50 gig free space ....
And the Intel SSD Toolbox says no problems found!

Any Ideas??? How can i use/set the "fast" settings in my system?

A:Slow SSD (Intel) write speed

Welcome to the forums klwemu!

You could try resetting your WEI index. Try option 3 in the tutorial. Windows Experience Index - Reset

You could also try disabling write caching, but try the reset first, many have reported it doing the trick.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/323027-slow-ssd-intel-write-speed.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hello all I am new to these forums and like what I see so far So to my problemo I was given my friends laptop to attempt to fix It s about a year old and for approximately or months it has apparently been running very quot slow quot I did the usual virus spyware checks but to no avail So I moved on to hardware checks It also seemed that anything Fujitsu Speed Slow... HDD Very Write Solved: I did took AGES to finish For example I did a simple chkdsk from command prompt in windows This took about hour to complete stating quot Solved: Fujitsu HDD Write Speed Very Slow... there are erros on the disk quot I then ran the full chkdsk after reboot which Solved: Fujitsu HDD Write Speed Very Slow... also took a very Solved: Fujitsu HDD Write Speed Very Slow... long time and eventually began streaming errors very fast saying quot The disk does not have enough space to replace bad clusters detected in file of name quot and this kept going counting up and up and up I left it overnite counting upwards of to find it in the morning rebooted into windows I then moved onto downloading the HDD Diagnostic tool provided by the manufacturer The HDD is a Fujitsu MHV AT Gb IDE There are tests available in this program The quot Short quot and the quot Extended quot The approximate times given for the tests were minutes and minutes respectively However the short test took an hour or so and passed and the extended was going for about hours before I went to bed it being at And once again passing once I came back to it in the morning I got my hands on Freshdiagnose next and I finally see one major problem The Write speed benchmark shows me MB s Read speed is running MB s This would lead me to believe the hard drive is possibly faulty but I don t see how it can pass the two diagnostic tests provided by Fujitsu I had a thought that maybe there was a processor issue but it benchmarks fine Any ideas What are my options My next thing was going to be a format reinstall Although I have to get the laptop back to them for backup reasons Please any ideas inklings thoughts anything do share Thanks a bunch nbsp

Relevancy 93.31%

Windows 2000 pro sp4

P4 3Ghz
1GB DDR 400

200gb maxtor hard drive 7200rpm 8mb cache
two partitions 120 gb & 60 +GB

The load time on Windows is 4 minuets
I used Fresh Diagnose and the hard drive's speed is:
write speed is 1.5 mb/s
read speed is 68.7 mb/s
When i copy files, (besides it taking a ridiculous ammount of time) the cpu is at 100% the whole time, rendering the computer useless becuase it is so laggy.
I followed the directions in this thread:
http://forums.techguy.org/archive-hardware/343490-resolved-hard-drive-read-write-too-slow.html
Still no change.
I hooked the hard drive up to another computer using windows xp and it worked normal.

Any Ideas?

Relevancy 92.45%

Okay so i know this most likely isn t my internet provide i have high speed internet from charter i know they are not the best but more on that later with actually download Internet inconsistent usually sometimes fast; slow speed speeds tested online around - mbps on average i keep my computer pretty clean running smart defrag cleaning the disk anti virus only have programs running in the background that are needed have increased my virtual memory and also use readyboost with a gb flashdrive that i Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent allow to use all the flashdrive memory as quot ram quot memory so i think this has be something below the surface and that i cannot handle on my own i do not Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent think it is my internet provider because i have to roommates that Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent have computers mac and they have no problem usually with the internet when i say usually i mean they have problems sometimes maybe - times weekly where i have problems at least - times a day if you need any other information i willing to provide it or run diagnostics as long as you tell me how please help me i am not a computer idiot i have a decent understanding and could really use some good help thanks Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc U A BSN Antivirus SymantecAntiVirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Internet speed usually slow sometimes fast; inconsistent

To be honest, unless your computer is running very badly it will not have a dramatic effect on the speed of your net connection. With having other people connected to the same internet connection the only way to run accurate speed tests is to ensure they aren't using the connection at the same time for any downloads etc....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-usually-slow-sometimes-fast-inconsistent.1018350/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello
I have a problem with my PC that has been bugging me for a long time.
My web browsing is painfully slow on some sites (SharePoint, sage, office 365, linked in etc. etc.),
But works fine for others (porn sites, YouTube, google search, eBay, Facebook etc. etc.).
It is really annoying as my PC isn?t that old, and isn?t a bad spec.
It?s really frustrating as it makes working a real pain.
Can anyone help please?
I really don?t know how to get this sorted?.
Thanks,
Sean.

A:Slow web browsing, but fast download speed - help!

Hello,

Is this a Home or Work computer since you've mentioned these programs - SharePoint, sage, office 365? Reason I ask, we use SharePoint at work, Sage is an ERP software and so as Office 365.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/293408-slow-web-browsing-but-fast-download-speed-help.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I ve been having this problem for days now I tests fast Torrents speed slow have a Mbps downstream kbps upstream dsl connection and noticed that webpages were opening noticeably slower and streaming video took ages to load Torrents fast speed tests slow All speed tests I run show that I get around - kbps downstream even though my upstream is normal at around kbps I know it is not my computer or browser since I ve tried the tests on other computers in my house I contacted my isp and they tested my phone line Torrents fast speed tests slow and said it was ok They even changed the modem but it didn t help I tried to connect using my isp s modem with router functionality and also as a bridge with my own router but I get the same results The problem started happening overnight without any changes to any configuration in my home computers or the network Today I noticed that I get much higher speeds almost full bandwidth when downloading torrents but as I said videos take forever to load and all speedtests show a very low downstream speed Anybody know what could be causing this I suspect that it is a problem with my isp perhaps with port but they say that everything shows up as normal on their side nbsp

A:Torrents fast speed tests slow

DSL has issues with speed. I use to have 1.5mbps, then 3mbps and 5mbps. I even bypass the way DSL works in the home. You can do the same but take some time to do. Most you can get out of that is a much stronger signal. You tap into the main phone line that comes in like through a basement before it hits the phone. I use CAT5e with a phone jack box ran that to another phone jack box with a modular connector. That connector would use ultra phone line cable based on Cat 5e but for phone data. That would go to your DSL modem. It worked well. Now that I am cable modem I'll never go back to DSL.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/torrents-fast-speed-tests-slow.145008/
Relevancy 92.45%

On my new computer the download speed broadband is the crawl of fast 1 speed on on computer Slow download others? Mb sec using speedtest net At the time of test the computer was doing no 'work' I noticed this slowness when downloading a driver update which was at Mb sec Another time when downloading a program it was at Mb sec Now it is a consistent Mbps At the same time Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others? of the test on three other computers all using the same tester the same ISP the same router the same telephone line in the same house the speed is Mb sec which is the usual speed here The fact that they all use XP and have differing hardware should make no difference I think - if I'm wrong I can supply those details This new computer has a much higher specification than the others but again would this make a difference I have done virus and malware scans Can anyone explain what could be causing this and how I can fix this please I can't think of any other relevant info to include at this point OS XP Pro PC Tools AV Zone Alarm Pro

A:Slow download speed on 1 computer fast on others?

Concentrate on the link between your computer and the router. Replace the cable if it is a wired connection. Use the cable from one of the working systems to test. Also use the same port as one of the fast systems.

If no change, swap the network card or check for updated drivers or chipset drivers if the ethernet connector is on the mainboard
Your router may also have QOS settings that give priority to one or more computers based on ip or MAC address.

Are all the computers wired connections?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304208/slow-download-speed-on-1-computer-fast-on-others/
Relevancy 92.02%

Hello there I bought a new PC about week ago which is the following Intel Core Quad Q Asus P E Deluxe GB Kingston HyperX GB Seagate mb cache Im using Vista b Now i noticed a slow responce from the system when im copying stuff or making any action that writes stuff on HDD For example copying lets say gb from one folder to the other is a pain and i can do it faster on my AMD I decided then to use some benchmark tools like HD Tach or HD Write Slow Sequencial Hard Drive speed tune or sandra software and all of them told me the same i have normal read speeds both sequencial and random but way low sequencial write speeds in the line of - MB s if im lucky Now i have removed the jumper thingy that limites the HDD to sata i activated the cache thing and the advanced performance option too I tried to plug the hdd on other Slow Hard Drive Sequencial Write speed sata quot door quot but the results are the same i also changed cable with no luck So am i missing something it would be nice to have my write speed on the level of the read speed thanks in advance for the help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-hard-drive-sequencial-write-speed.781561/
Relevancy 92.02%

So today I ran Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 on my new Intel 520 120gb. The results where Seq Read 460 MB/s and Seq Write 163 MB/s. Kinda seems sorta slow on the whole write part. I'm new to this whole SSD thing so let me know if this is right around where they should be.

Ty

A:Help plz Intel 520 120gb Questions?Slow Write speed?

Here is a test I just did.http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee399/Bradley_Martinsen/test.png

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-plz-intel-520-120gb-questions-slow-write-speed.1049927/
Relevancy 92.02%

hi all, having a major issue with my SSD, all of a sudden it has terrible write speeds of only 1.5mb/s - I noticed a real slow down on PC, narrowed it down to SSD. Tested with various things, although read speed is ok, the write speed is atrocious. Tried it on both SATA 2 and 3 controllers and is the same, I have tried to delete it and clean using diskpart, recovery from image is taking 15 hours to write 139gb image in acronis, sure it should only take a couple of hours. Any help or advice appreciated please.

A:Extremely slow 1mb/s write speed on PNY xlr8 240gb SSD

Sounds like an issue for PNY support. I hope it's under warranty.

Have you tried new cabling? I assume you've tried all possible ports?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364910-extremely-slow-1mb-s-write-speed-pny-xlr8-240gb-ssd.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Lenovo T P Win Wireless Connection Slow Loads Internet Fast Speed - Page Router Linksys WRT G I installed Comodo s Firewall and during installation I accepted to install the Secure DNS too Afterward I noticed my web-pages loaded slower than usual They weren t extremely slow but definitely slower than what I ve been accustomed I tried some Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads OPENDNS servers and others to see if it made any difference but it didn t I also went to my router s setup page http so I could manually add the previously mentioned DNS servers I finally decided to revert back to my old DNS list To disable using the Comodo DNS servers I did the following Wireless Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads Network Connection Properties- gt Internet Protocol Ver TCP Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads IPv - gt Properties - gt Select quot Obtain DNS server address automatically quot I also went into to my router s setup page http to set my DNS list to zeros so that I can get back my default ISP s DNS servers However website loading is still sluggish I thought the issue might just be a temporary hiccup from my ISP but my roommate doesn t have these issues We tried a speed test at dslreports com and the results were weird On my laptop the results were Kb s with a ms latency I was ft away from my router His results were Kb s with a ms latency and he was ft away from the router Is the latency a major issue Any ideas or suggestions Thank you nbsp

A:Fast Internet Speed - Slow Page Loads

Problem solved. I uninstalled Comodo's firewall and presto everything is back to normal. Duuuuh ... Gonna stick to Win 7's built-in firewall to work along side my router's.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-internet-speed-slow-page-loads.976715/
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello all Have been searching for days trying to figure my problem but can t find the solution ISP provides us with mb s download speed Both COLOR blue important COLOR blue important Toshiba COLOR blue important laptops COLOR COLOR COLOR used to be able to attain this but after reinstalling windows xp on this laptop it can only achieve mb s The other laptop will get mb s whether connected wired or wireless For the life of me cannot figure what has changed I have installed all windows updates including SP and updated Solved: Slow Download Fast One Other Speed Laptop all drivers via Toshiba and Intel websites It uses the Intel b g network card and the router is a motorola sbg Here is what I have done so far Connecting wired will achieve mb s so it has something to do Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other with the wireless setup Have tried connecting to router with WPA WPA and no encryption but makes no difference Testing right beside the Solved: Download Speed Fast One Laptop Slow Other router or ft away makes no difference Have uninstalled reinstalled network card but made no difference Any suggestions would be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 91.16%

Hello I need to ask for your advice here I have browsed this forum but none of it helped so far I am running two operation systems on my Macbook via boot camp Original MacOSX and Win I am using my school internet via LAN MacOsX Slow speed under Win7/Fast under download in the campus where I live When I do the speed test in macosx it shows around - MBit s but when I do the same test on my Windows it never shows more than Mbit s Upload speed is the same under both systems I tried to reinstall Windows use different drivers windows one the original one from apple bootcamp and the updated one from new bootcamp for my nforce LAN card but none of it helped I also tried to switch off firewall but that was not Slow download speed under Win7/Fast under MacOsX the issue I found a couple of things with registry and settings here but as I say still the same I don't want to get rid of this system but I have no more ideas of what to try Please if you know about anything that might help I would appreciate your advice Thanks

A:Slow download speed under Win7/Fast under MacOsX

Sorry I don't have a real answer, but could you post what you get under XP?
I am thinking this is related to TCP/IPv6 so you might try disabling it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77398-slow-download-speed-under-win7-fast-under-macosx.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have two HP Minis amp browsing speed internet HP but Minis-slow fast - DX that are both slow browsing the internet but have very fast internet connection speeds nbsp I have done all the performance tips possible I believe Upgraded RAM to GB on both devices Upgraded wireless adapters to N cards Upgraded HDDs to RPM HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed Adjusted Windows Advanced Settings to Best Performance Ensured all drivers are latest Use Google Chrome all extensions removed hardware eacceleration nbsp disabled latest revision checked cache cleared etc Microsoft Edge is even slower Internet HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed speeds per Speedtest net average about - Mbps download Mbps uploadRun browser with no other open programs apps Tested processors Intel Atoms with Intel Diagnostic Tool all PASS So I've been at a loss why web browsing is so slow Some simpler web pages load okay - seconds while a more graphic intense sight like the nfl nbsp site nbsp or YouTube takes - seconds to load Sometimes even more Even trying to scroll down a page causes buffering to start and the wait can be the same - seconds or more nbsp Is it that these Intel Atom processors simply can't handle the work Perhaps the graphics can't handle the web pages I do notice that the CPUs will max out at when opening Chrome But even when CPU settles down to less than web browsing is still very slow I have other devices with seemingly lesser hardware and they work fine Even devices with g adapters less CPU GHz etc browse normally Why is it that these two Minis are the slow ones nbsp Any help or simply insight is greatly appreciated I'd love to hear if any other Mini owners have no problem with web browsing and perhaps what your set ups are like

A:HP Minis-slow browsing but fast internet speed

Ok, a little weird replying to my own question, but I think I found something that may help others with this issue. I went into Device Manager>Network Adapters>"wireless" (depending upon your adapter)>Properties, then into Advanced using the Advanced tab.My Receive and Transmission Buffer settings were at "256"; I changed them to 512 (max allowed), clicked "OK". I also changed the "AdHoc Mode" to 11n from 11b. I then restarted the Mini 2102. I noticed an immediate web browsing speed increase. I would not call it blazing, but pretty close to what would be "normal" browsing speeds.The "Buffer" settings regulate and limit how much memory the network adapter can use. I noticed a jump in memory usage for Google Chrome, but the overall usage was at max about 60% of the 2GB installed.So far this has been the most dramatic performance increase for web browsing. Even more so  than upgrading the wireless card from "g" to "n:I hope this may help someone else with this issue. Let me know if it does help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Minis-slow-browsing-but-fast-internet-speed/td-p/5792993
Relevancy 91.16%

Ram: 8gigs DDR3
CPU: i3 3,30
Router: Linksy E900
ISp: Columbus Communications/FLOW
Download Speed : 15mbs(ookla) 2 Upload
Issue:
All browsers download at less than 10kbs from any site( Sites tested from Microsoft, Gigabye,Nvidia)Torrents are the same speed.
Download speed on Steam 50kbs
Download speed on Glyph(Trion Worlds Game client) 1.66mbs
Steps taken:
Ran:
Super Antispyware
Adwarecleaner
Avast anitvirus
Malwarebytes
no results on any
restarted computer modem and router, upgraded Linksy e900 firmware
Contacted ISP no solution and they claim once they are providing the 15mbs thats all they can deal with
Can use some help here please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fast-internet-speed-slow-downloads-on-browsers.1157104/
Relevancy 90.3%

I just bought a new modem to replace the one I am renting from Comcast (Motorola SB6120: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16825122009). I have been using an Encore (EHH-WI-G) 802.11g 54Mbps router.

I got everything hooked up last night and I noticed that when I was hooked up directly to the modem (ethernet), my internet was super fast. When I hooked up the wireless router and accessed the internet through it, my speed was noticeably slower. I used speedtest.net to see what my speeds were like:

Wired to modem: download 50+ Mbps (I don't know how in the world it read this high...I'm not even paying for these speeds from Comcast)

Wireless through router: download only around 5 Mbps

Can someone explain this to me? Is there a setting on my router that is restricting the speed in some way?

A:Internet speed - via wireless router (slow) vs. via modem (fast)

Have you tried downloading files in both wireless & wired what speed did u get in both modes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-speed-via-wireless-router-slow-vs-via-modem-fast.155846/
Relevancy 90.3%

I ve recently got a new laptop because my old one broke the internet speed on my old one was completely fine but my new laptop is ridiculously slow it barely loads youtube videos or facebook photos and takes a long time to go from page to page i have a wireless connection with virgin broadband paying for mb speed so i dont see why it would run slow all my internet my when slow have why so is flatmates signal speed and is i fast? full flatmates laptops are running as normal and im the closest to the router its a new laptop samsung with an intel core why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast? i processor and windows any help appreciated its so frustrating have an older laptop thats internet speed was faster than a new one ive taken it into and its the same there very slow loading half the time the pages wont ive tried streaming things at like in the morning but same story sometimes it loads sometimes it why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast? doesnt my flatmate in the next room has a perfectly fast running internet connection i have no apps running apart from google chrome nbsp

A:why is my internet speed so slow when i have full signal and flatmates is fast?

How does it work with an ethernet connection?

Make sure you have the latest wireless driver. If it is an integrated adapter get the driver from the laptop manufacturer's web site.

What security application(s)?

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Vista or 7.

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-is-my-internet-speed-so-slow-when-i-have-full-signal-and-flatmates-is-fast.1050270/
Relevancy 90.3%

I have two Windows 7 Laptops that connect to a Motorola SURFboard eXtreme cable modem SB6121. Suddenlink (cable provider) recently upgraded our network which gives 50 MPS speeds or more. I can only get 50 MPS when I disable wireless on my laptop and connect with a direct cable. Otherwise I get 20 MPS maximum speed. I borrowed a Windows 8 PC this weekend and was getting 51 MPS speed using wireless through the same modem. Any ideas of what could be causing this issue?

A:Windows 7 internet speed slow on wireless, but fast on wired

Maybe that`s all the wireless card can do, post the exact make and model of the windows 7 laptop and we`ll look into it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/360358-windows-7-internet-speed-slow-wireless-but-fast-wired.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi everyone I have the following weird problem and couldn t find any solution despite long troubleshooting Network architecture PC Win Gigabit Card Driver Updated Cable Cat x TB Western Digital xSSD GB PC computer ?! Network for working Slow > Gigabit speed excepted write 1 Win Gigabit Card Driver Updated Cable Cat x TB Western Digital PC Brand New Win Motherboard Gigabit P A-UD All Drivers Updated especially Realtek ones Cable Cat SSD GB Raid on disks Trendnet Gigabit Switch Ex Copy PC to PC - Gigabit Network working excepted for 1 computer > Slow write speed ?! MB s gt gt OK EX Copy PC to PC - MB s gt gt OK EX Copy PC to PC MB s EX Copy PC to PC MB s gt gt ok EX Copy PC to PC MB s EX Copy PC to PC MB s gt gt ok Gigabit Network working excepted for 1 computer > Slow write speed ?! To sum up Given the transfer speed the gigabit network is working PC is the problem When copying data from PC to PC or PC transfer speed are OK however when PC amp PC are copying to PC the transfer speeds are ridicously slow How can such a weird situation happen Thanks a lot in advance for sharing your insights NB Firewall antivirus NOD deactivated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabit-network-working-excepted-for-1-computer-slow-write-speed.926093/
Relevancy 89.87%

My utorrent has recently been downloading at very low speed (>5Kbps) even the net speed is fast and the no. of seeders and leechers is also very high (600 around) but sometimes it reaches to around 200Kbps
I really need a solution about it

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/383657-utorrent-has-very-low-speed-even-net-speed-fast.html
Relevancy 89.01%

My config:
Mainboard: GA-MA69G-S3H
DVD drive : Pioneer DVR 116 (IDE )
Harddisk : Hitachi 2TB (Sata Ahci)

When I copy file (~1gb) from DVD to harddisk , the speed only range from 4mb to 10mb, never go above 10mb. The disc is clean and no scratch. Test on CD Speed shown the drive can go up to 16x. Confirmed the drive is run in UDMA mode, not PIO mode.

But it is absolutely normal in file transfer between harddisk and usb flash drive. Problem exist only in DVD read.

Tried command in dos mode like xcopy , robocopy, but speed is just the same as copy in windows explorer.

Also I tried the trick of uncheck the remote differentiate compression, uncheck superfetch, uncheck windows search, and close the index service. Cannot solve the problem.

Any one experience the same as me and is it a common problem that need Micorsoft to solve?

A:Slow dvd read speed in windows 7

Quote: Originally Posted by januaryabc

My config:
Mainboard: GA-MA69G-S3H
DVD drive : Pioneer DVR 116 (IDE )
Harddisk : Hitachi 2TB (Sata Ahci)

When I copy file (~1gb) from DVD to harddisk , the speed only range from 4mb to 10mb, never go above 10mb. The disc is clean and no scratch. Test on CD Speed shown the drive can go up to 16x. Confirmed the drive is run in UDMA mode, not PIO mode.

A quick google search suggests there may be a firmware upgrade for your drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/76301-slow-dvd-read-speed-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi I have a strange problem I have DVD drives One is a DVD burner the other is just a DVD Rom Neither drive reads at or near the correct read speed I have used Nero speed tests for DVD and CD Both are stuggling with DVD read and one is struggling with CD speed Here are my system Drive slow speed DVD read specs Windows Pro - Service Pack Pentium Ghz Gigabyte DVD Drive read speed slow PE Ultra Motherboard Gig PC DDR Ram GeForce Ti Video Card AOpen Pro - Firmware Version Sony DRU- A DVD Burner - Firmware version f The AOpen rated speeds are X DVD-ROM Transfer Rate Up To KB sec X CD-ROM Transfer Rate Up To The Sony DRU- A rated speeds are DVD-R x x x max DVD-RW x x max DVD R x x max DVD RW x x max CD-R x x x x CD-RW x x x max Currently the AOpen is getting DVD read X- X CD read X- X Sony DRU- A is getting DVD read X then slowly drops to X CR read X- X Which is correct After reading several different forums on DMA mode and firmware and drivers I have updated the firmware on both drives and DMA mode is enabled for both drives The AOpen drive is configured as the Master and the Sony is the Slave I have switched IDE cables to see if that would help I have checked BIOS settings to see if DMA mode is on auto What else could be causing the slow read speeds I called Sony tech support They of course said it s not the drives fault since both drives are doing it He said it s probably an OS issue I was gonna call AOpen support and not tell him about the other drive and see what happens but I dunno While running the Nero speed tests I noticed when running the CPU usage check both drives give the same results x CPU usage X CPU usage X CPU usage X CPU usage lt ----- Definitely looks to be a clue of a problem Sorry for the long post but i wanted to try and save you guys some wasted posts on potential fixes that I already tried Anything I haven t tried please feel free to advise Thanks alot Dave nbsp

A:DVD Drive read speed slow

I see this is a unique problem. Anyone know if there is a free tech support number for Windows I could call? If not, I guess I could try a local PC repair shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-drive-read-speed-slow.199088/
Relevancy 86.43%

I am using mozilla firefox 2.0.0.9 and have wndows xp pro as OS.For last two days my net surfing experience is going very strange.My page loading speed is good but the download speed is very slow.When ever i download a file it downloads very slowly.The download speed has decrease about 4 times .I have my internet through siemens adsl sl2.141 modem and I login to my account through ppoe WAN password account.Can anybody help please?

A:Browsing/page Loading Speed Is Good But Downloading Speed Is Too Slow

Have you monitored your system with Windows Task Manager while downloading? If you determine Firefox is causing the problem, try safe mode and/or a new profile. Sometimes settings and/or extensions got corrupted leading to strange behavior. Standard diagnostic - Firefox

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116144/browsingpage-loading-speed-is-good-but-downloading-speed-is-too-slow/
Relevancy 86.43%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 86.43%

Only had this new pc a few weeks and it is so slow now after 3 blue screen of death crashes that caused this I think, I believe firefox caused. I am not sure how to read dump files to show you details of the BSOD. I am including details of my PC along with the hijack this log, my system is clean though according to antispyware and virus scans.

2GB DDRII RAM
VISTA ULTIMATE 32bit

I installed 64bit before this 32bit one on another partition of this HDD but cannot boot into it anymore at startup because this PC won't let me select it because it does not detect my keyboard in DOS mode for some weird reason.

Hijackthis log is attached file.

A:Snail Speed Pc At Times And Always Slow Internet Speed On Vista Ultimate

I found this helpful information on possible solutions, very familiar with errors on previous Microsoft operating systems. http://www.vandersluijs.nl/content/view/973/96/lang,enI uninstalled one of the suggested updates and so far it is fine, the update was only optional so no security threats. I think it has helped, not certain if it will be like a fresh install because windows is slower than it was two weeks ago. If 3 weeks is best windows can handle for being ready for a new install I may have to go back to Linux. I hope this thread can stay on this forum somewhere to help others follow the link I posted above for possible solutions to this problem, it will save them time and effort trying numerous things.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108144/snail-speed-pc-at-times-and-always-slow-internet-speed-on-vista-ultimate/
Relevancy 86%

my hard drive read speed is very slow and i think it is because i updated the chipset driver can someone please help me

my computer is an acer 5742zg with windows 7 64 bit

A:slow read speed on hard drive after chipset update

Hello -2 places to start - 1/ Please post a snapshot with Speccy for more system details -How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<--Full Directions Here (only post the link) 2/  Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows Vista or Windws 7:• Click the Start button and select Computer• Right-click on C:(or your main hard drive letter) and select Properties• Click on the Tools tab• Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt• Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors• Click on the Start button• When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and Restart your computer• Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to completeThis will take (on average) 1 to 2 hours to finish, so please let it finish the 5 stagesDo not force a reboot during the scan, as you may damage important filesWhen finished the computer will reboot back to Normal mode and be OK to use - We will look at your Speccy scan when you post it Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/507980/slow-read-speed-on-hard-drive-after-chipset-update/
Relevancy 86%

Help gt My browser connection speed dropped to about kb second after a power outage I just did a full format of the drive and a clean install of XP Pro No Antivirus or Firewall loaded yet XP Firewall is not enabled HiJackThis looks ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP v WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system telnet exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag just fine speed Browser Telnet speed connection SLOW exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine - e e Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d Browser connection speed SLOW Telnet speed just fine -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe -- End of file - bytes Have any idea why my Telnet connection is fine yet my Browsers don t hook up at the same speed emetib nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browser-connection-speed-slow-telnet-speed-just-fine.686662/
Relevancy 86%

Hi I have this very annoying problem [SOLVED] speed Upload slow High Very Very Download speed, and I'm really out of hopes I don't know what to do anymore I'll make a summary of [SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed the problem and will be as concise as possible So I have this Dell Inspiron N laptop with a broadband connection direct cable no router and weeks ago I reinstalled my Windows Everything went well until weeks ago when the internet speed went down dial-up like Pages won't load and if they do they load just partially I called my ISP and they said they had no problem I couldn't find any solution so I thought maybe some sort of virus or spyware is doing this so I formated the whole hard-disk and did a clean install of Windows Unfortunatelly nothing changed the download speed is the same Here is a speedtest net evaluation http www speedtest net result png Drivers are up to date no windows firewall no antivirus and no windows update The ISP support guy told me to deactivate IPv and IPv from Local Area Connection but nothing changed I did a TCP IP reset which raised my down speed to almost Mb but after a few minutes it went back to quot dial-up quot With the down speed being the same Speedtest sometimes shows me upload speed in between - Mb which is unbelievable I will make a ss next time I see this And the very weird thing is that I have another netbook pretty weak config Intel Atom CPU GB RAM and with the same cable it has normal speed the kind of speed I had on this Dell too Another weird thing is that the wireless connections work just fine and I've been to a friend of mine and used his broadband cable and it worked like a charm I would be very gratefull if someone could help me because I am really out of ideas and I used to consider myself an at least intermediate PC user Nou I'm feeling like a newbie Thank you Regards Alex

A:[SOLVED] Very slow Download speed, Very High Upload speed

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Lets first try this:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Now click on Network and Internet and in this window click Internet options.
Now click on the connections tab and select the button to never dial a connection.
Now click Apply and click OK.

Try if this works

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-very-slow-download-speed-very-high-upload-speed-673369.html
Relevancy 86%

Hello, I just got this x360 Spectre i7 15.6" laptop and I love it, except for the speed at which things load on the browsers. I have high speed internet and ran a speed test and the speed is as it should. I've tried multiple browsers, and even though I have a very strong connection to my high speed internet, it takes forever to open up even a single website. I regularly wait anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes for the site to load. I just got this computer so haven't even saved any files or installed any programs onto it besides anti virus software. How can I resolve this very slow loading time? I'd hate to have to return this computer, but cannot stand to have to deal with these frustrations with a computer I paid $1300 for!! Please help! Katy

A:HP Spectre x360 - Slow browsing speed even with high speed i...

Hi @khealy23,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with slow download from internet. I will be glad to help you.Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit? Are you Wireless connected or Ethernet wired conneted? Please get back to me and I will help you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Spectre-x360-Slow-browsing-speed-even-with-high-speed/td-p/5557610
Relevancy 86%

Hi guys I hope you can help on this issue I ve been having with my internet connection I don t know what to do I resently formatted my harddrive because my internet all of a sudden started being very slow but after the format it s still the same issue Now I ve is Solved: fine... download Slow speed, speed upload tried plugging the connection line into my laptop and there there s no problem I am gettin a slower download than upload I have a mb download upload speed LAN connection I ran a speed test on the same connection and on my stationary it shows like kbs download and like kbs upload while on my laptop it shows like Mbs download and kbs upload so what s the problem So far I ve found out that it has nothing to do with the internet connection line or my NIC I tried a brand new one and it was the same issue it s not spyware or malware it s not fragmented and under internet connections it says that I m connected on a Mb network card and there are no problems with any of the devices However I can see that Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... if I open the job list the download connection is very unstable going from up to kb for a breif moment then falls to a halt at kb and moreover it says that I m not using any percent of the network I m on windows and haven t had any problems before this the rest of Solved: Slow download speed, upload speed is fine... the system works just fine but not the internet If I try and download something it won t get higher than like kb and then may stop altogether additional info Windows bit Asus M A AMD DDR Phenom II AMD Athlon AMD Phenom II x black Ghz W Mushkin DDR PC - GB CL kit SP Seagate Barracuda GB MB nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Recently my desktop has experienced very slow download speeds (~0.11 Mbps), however the upload speed appears to be in line (~2.0Mbps). These numbers are taken from Comcast's speed test (my ISP). It is obviously a problem with my PC because everything else on the network (PS3, Laptop) have great signals with no problems. I just recently reverted the Desktop back to its factory state, and everything was working fine for a couple of months.

The desktop in question uses Vista 32-bit and the Belkin Basic USB Wireless Adapter.

A:Very slow download speed, upload speed is fine

Welcome to TSG:
Run a speedtest here and see if the results are the same:
http://www.speedtest.net/
Then,boot up in safe mode with networking and see if the speed improves.Like so:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm#03

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-is-fine.974049/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello guys So I bought this kick-ass laptop from MSI It is pretty good These are the specs in case they aid in finding a solution to my problem Name MSI WorkStation Series GT OKWS- US OS Windows Professional bit CPU GHz Intel Core i - MQ Hard drive TB RPM GB Solid-State Drive Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K with change is speed How (Transfer I do speed? extremely slow) CD-ROM GB DDR VRAM Hard disk description SATA Optical Storage Device BD Burner Cache Memory installed size Problem statement I am trying to copy files from a DVD disc some GB of data using the CD-ROM on this laptop The transfer How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) speed is EXTREMELY LOW It starts with almost MB sec at first but then after seconds or so it gets down to KB sec The transfer was going to take approximately hours which is a lot for a laptop with specs like mine I tried to copy the same DVD to another laptop which had much lower specs than my MSI the approximated time was minutes I How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow) tried to update CD-ROM but it told me that it was up to date Please help me guys Best regards

A:How do I change CD-ROM speed? (Transfer speed is extremely slow)

The Specs don't mean nothing buddy, however the specs of the DVD Driver do...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344382-how-do-i-change-cd-rom-speed-transfer-speed-extremely-slow.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Everything Opens up very slow web pages etc I have XP sp It's an HP Pavillion I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could Speed High Computer? Slow Internet, Speed examine my quot HijackThis quot file log below and tell me why is causing my computer to run slow as molassis Thank you so much and I'm looking forward to hearing from someone real soon Berzerker Logfile of High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C High Speed Internet, Slow Speed Computer? WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Comodo common CAVASpy cavasm exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavse exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C WINDOWS LTMSG exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus CMain exe C WINDOWS ALCXMNTR EXE C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus Cavaud exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files interMute SpamSubtract SpamSub exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MYWEBS bar bin mwsoemon exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Comodo Comodo AntiVirus cavemsrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS System wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-us hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http us hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO mwsBar BHO - B EA -A - -B BB- DE CCA - C Program Files MyWebSearch bar bin MWSBAR DLL O - BHO no name - B CA - A - D -A DF- BB - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - no file O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar HP View - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpdtlk dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Prog... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/high-speed-internet-slow-speed-computer-189738.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My wife has a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows Professional Bit GB Memory with Intel GHz Our ISP provider installed a new Router about four months ago and tested up and down speeds before they left Downloads were in the high s Mbps and uploads in the s Mbps I began to notice a couple of weeks ago that Internet access with either IE or Chrome seemed kind of Download speed, Slow speed fine Upload slow I ran speedof me and the best download speed is Mbps but usually around Mbps but the upload speeds are Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine still around Mbps I have an iPhone a Kindle Fire and a Toshiba laptop and have run speedof me on them right next to the Dell laptop and the speeds on all three are fine We use Norton Security and I ran the Power Eraser with nothing found Ran Malware Bytes and nothing of concern showed up Updated the wifi card driver from Dell as well as the driver for the Marvell Yukon Internet controller No Joy I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for me to try to speed her laptop I thank you in advance Lou

A:Slow Download speed, Upload speed fine

If you can run our wireless test from the page PCHF System Scans post results be sure to right click and run as administrator

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/130096-slow-download-speed-upload-speed-fine.html
Relevancy 84.28%

After days of reading forums the web and trying things it s time to post Drive Hard Speed on - Graph Parts of Strange HDTach Slow Read System Slow Read Speed on Parts of Hard Drive - Strange HDTach Graph Laptop Amilo Xa Slow Read Speed on Parts of Hard Drive - Strange HDTach Graph Vista bit CPU AMD Turion X TL- GHz RAM GB Chipset NVIDIA C D MCP internal hard drives C D on one GB WD HD all fine K Issues Hitachi HT k SA GB Full specs http sp fujitsu-siemens com dmsp docs ds amilo xa pdf In a nutshell what I have come down to is that parts of the drive are really slow to read off I suddenly started experienced serious system slowdowns days ago Hadn t installed or updated everything After much playing the only thing now seems to be an issue is my nd hard drive I also used a restore point to take the computer back to before I had any issues I have disabled windows defrag prefetch indexing and remote differential compression after following advise on other sites Both drives are in DMA mode not PIO Drive Testing DiskCheckup throws up an error upon startup quot There were errors trying to gather the SMART info quot EVEREST home edition shows nothing under storage -- gt ATA or SMART when I run it DSKCHK gets stuck on part of it I left it running overnight and it got to file it would take days at that rate so I canceled it Hitachi s own diagnosis software fails when it gets to the analysing mechanics bit In the quick test when it gets to the analysing mechanics bit the drive just runs and nothing happens it says the whole test takes less than minutes I left it minutes and it hadn t even got anywhere on the progress bar My other drive passes whole test in sec If I run the extended test it gets stuck at the same bit Because I have internal drives I tried swapping them over into opposite bays but no difference I spent the first day playing with drivers rolling back and updating can t remember what I ended up doing now as my brain is melting Done RAM test which came back clean I seem to be able to write to the drive just fine I just copied lots of small files equaling GB to it and then copied them off to an external drive Copying files from the drive I m having problems with was much much slower than copying the same files to the same external drive from my other internal drive Now it s time to show my screen captures to see if anyone can suggest what may be wrong This is my HDTach graph for my K drive It took about minutes to do the sequential read test to produce the graph When I run HDTach again I get an identical looking graph My other drive comes back as you would expect This is what my Resource Monitor looks like while running HDTach during one of the bits where it sorta gets stuck and progresses very slowly Notice the high response time the drive active time is at and how little has been read Next is me watching a TV show This is about minute into the show and everything is going fine so far Given as a reference when things are working Here it is several minutes in when issues start occurring The video has been stuttering for about a minute when I took this pic High response time high drive active time and very little being read Lastly this is me using DirSync Pro to back up some of my albums from K to an external backup drive It s going to take about hours to back up GB Some songs transfer almost instantly some take a minute This pic shows a contrast of fast and slow transfers The dips in the blue drive activity line correspond to the files transferred with the ms response times The ones with the higher response times correspond to the disc activity bits A file can be half fast and half slow too Thanks for reading all of this Any help appreciated Could it be a driver software issue or is there something wrong with the drive itself nbsp

A:Slow Read Speed on Parts of Hard Drive - Strange HDTach Graph

This is a long shot have u made sure you have defragmented it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-read-speed-on-parts-of-hard-drive-strange-hdtach-graph.840616/
Relevancy 83.42%

hi,

My motherboard has a usb 2.0 in it and when I put my thumbstick into it this ballon comes up saying High speed USB plugged into Slow speed usb hub how can I fix this?

Relevancy 83.42%

DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Aldrin Domingo at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EA - D C- DFB- - E E F F SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated C BB - B - - A - B A B B Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files speed - Slow test net Infected ok speed, in but NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows vmsnap exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Garena Plus ggdllhost exe C Program Files x Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShow Gold ScsiAccess exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exe C Users Aldrin Domingo AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies Kies exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Program Files x Garena Plus GarenaMessenger exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI psi tray exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Software Print PDF PrnPack exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Samsung Kies KiesTrayAgent exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Secunia PSI sua exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe C CherryDeGames Dragon Nest DragonNest exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Page hxxp www goog... Read more

A:Infected - Slow net speed, but ok in speed test

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===--RogueKiller--Download & SAVE to your Desktop For 32bit system or For 64bit system Quit all programs that you may have started.Please disconnect any USB or external drives from the computer before you run this scan!For Vista or Windows 7, right-click and select "Run as Administrator to start"For Windows XP, double-click to start.Wait until Prescan has finished ...Then Click on "Scan" buttonWait until the Status box shows "Scan Finished"click on "delete"Wait until the Status box shows "Deleting Finished"Click on "Report" and copy/paste the content of the Notepad into your next reply.The log should be found in RKreport[1].txt on your DesktopExit/Close RogueKiller+=======Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529174/infected-slow-net-speed-but-ok-in-speed-test/
Relevancy 83.42%

I'm trying to understand how fast a DVD burns, I mean in minutes it takes to burn data to the disk. What I want to burn to DVD is actually just data for storage, not movies.

Let's say I want to burn 4.7 Gigabytes of data to a DVD. The way I calculate it, if I burn at 2.4x, it should take about 27 minutes to do this, once the burn is started.

Is that about right?

By the way, I don't own a burner... yet.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi All I hope Speed Less Torrent Speed Than Download Speed Browser but Upload Superb someone out there can help me with this problem I am using a laptop in Cambodia and connecting to my ISP Viettel via a G Dongle Huewai E The ISP is a Vietnamese company and the customer support via their Cambodian subsidiary Metfone is effectively zero Here are my system details Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R M CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard DIXONSXP ref NO G -yymmdd-DI- - -FF-FF Browser Download Speed Less Than Upload Speed but Torrent Speed Superb Antivirus avast Internet Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled G Dongle Huawei E signal - Blue lights on dongle - Mbits s capable I use Avast Internet Security and Comodo Firewall I have no viruses etc indicated by Avast Browser Firefox My problem is with the download speed when using Firefox tried IE and same slow speed When I run speedtest net I get a download speed of between and Mbits s and the pages take annoyingly long to download I have communicated with others on forums in Cambodia who are getting to Mbits s when browsing using the same dongle and when I run my Vuze torrent downloader I also achieve to Mbits s So I know these speeds are achievable through my dongle in my present location but something is blocking my browser from attaining these speeds I have attached two screen shots The first shows my computer downloading torrents at over Mbits s with no other applications running The second shows me having closed the torrent downloads and opened up firefox and run speedtest net showing me chugging along at Mbits s I am at best an intermediate user but willing to follow instructions and provide any other info that might resolve this problem Thanks in advance for all help with this matter Snookybiker nbsp

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi My internet speed is consistently are Internet Fast Broswers Internet but Slow Speed is fast - mbps but Chrome and IE sometime run slow sometimes For instance I'll be browsing Yahoo fine for a couple minutes but then I'll try to open another tab to do a Google search and the browser will stall for about a Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast minute before loading that page Or I could click a link on a webpage and the browser will stall and show a blank white page for Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast a minute Loading the content on a webpage usually takes close to the normal amount of time it just stalls before hand It doesn't happen every time I click something but it happens often enough to be a nuisance Last night I went under settings and did Referesh your PC which is supposed to restore defaults and delete installed apps but the problem is still here EDIT-- Here's an example Everything usually stalls at the same time but not always Just now Gmail stalled for minutes but I was still able to open a new tab and complete a Google search However when I tried opening a new tab and going to Gmail that way that tab stalled too

A:Internet Broswers are Slow but Internet Speed is Fast

I get that too sometimes, it is clearly caused by your computer (and in my case my computer) not your connection. I have ti with chrome but not IE, because i never open IE to check it. I have windos 8 so we have similar experiences in several respects. Mine haven't been as bad as yours lasting only 30 seconds or so at worst. I think this is due to large processes running in task manager and hogging memory/processor capacity. The only things i can advise is to: see if there are any large processes running under the details tab of task manager which should not be running, scan with your antivirus and with malwarebytes (there is a free version)to check that the cause isn't a virus of some sort, see if any startup items can be safely disabled (this can be done from a feature within the program CCleaner from piriform) and try clearing your temp files (CCleaner can also do this) and browsing history along with deleting any junk you have in the recycle bin and deleting old files you no longer need/uninstalling old programs you no longer need. When using CCleaner be VERY CAREFUL not to disable startup items without first verifying they are safe to stop (check google) and NEVER use it's registry tools (anything that attempts to "clean" the registry can damage your system). One other thing that might help you is disbaling add-ons in the browser and making plugins "clcik to play" rather than running automatically, doing this will mean there is less content to load so loading will be faster.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557088/internet-broswers-are-slow-but-internet-speed-is-fast/
Relevancy 80.84%

Daughter's laptop picked up the PC Protector virus malware Those jerks have gotten smarter and knew how to outsmart Malwarebytes so ran Combofix instead Combofix appears to have fixed the issues but here is the logfile results Can anyone peruse the results and tell me if I have any additional steps I should take I would sincerely appreciate it ComboFix - - - Princess Jade - x Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running from c documents and settings Princess Jade Desktop ComboFix exe AV Trend Micro Internet Security On-access scanning disabled Updated D BC- CC- - E- E AF FW Norton Internet Worm Protection disabled F - CEE- EA-A A-D ADD EA E FW Trend Micro Personal Firewall disabled E E E- A D- -A F - EC F EB Other log Combofix & read Can fast a green my anyone file give light? me Deletions c documents and Can anyone read my Combofix log file fast & give me a green light? settings LocalService Start Menu Programs Your PC Protector c documents and settings LocalService Start Menu Programs Your PC Protector Your Can anyone read my Combofix log file fast & give me a green light? PC Protector lnk c program files adc dll c program files alggui exe c program files nuar old c program files svchost exe c program files wp dat c program files wp dat c program files Your PC Protector c program files Your PC Protector Your PC Protector exe c windows system gamibuyo dll c windows system gebuhiri dll c windows system rutahizo dll c windows system tabolape dll c windows Tasks urxemnbp job D Autorun inf Drivers Services ------- Legacy ADBUPD ------- Service AdbUpd Files Created from - - to - - - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Princess Jade Application Data Malwarebytes - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Malwarebytes - - - - ----a-w- c windows system drivers mbam sys - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - - - - ----a-w- c program files skynet dat - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files schtml - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Princess Jade Local Settings Application Data WMTools Downloaded Files - - - - ----a-w- c windows DCEBoot exe - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings NetworkService Local Settings Application Data Google - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings LocalService Local Settings Application Data Google Find M Report - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings Princess Jade Application Data uTorrent - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Common Files AOL - - - - -------- d--h--w- c program files InstallShield Installation Information - - - - -------- d-----w- c program files Google - - - - --sh--r- c windows desktop dat - - - - --sha-w- c windows system diwunawo dll - - - - --sha-w- c windows system gezezide dll - - - - --sha-w- c windows system kujakito dll - - - - --sha-w- c windows system ritupeja dll - - - - --sha-w- c windows system wedijuzo dll Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot swg quot quot c program files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot - - quot MsnMsgr quot quot c program files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe quot - - quot ctfmon exe quot quot c windows system ctfmon exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot ehTray quot quot c windows ehome ehtray exe quot - - quot ATIPTA quot quot c program files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe quot - - quot SunJavaUpdateSched quot quot c program files Java jre bin jusched exe quot - - quot HP Software Update quot quot c program files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe quot - - quot SynTPEnh quot quot c program files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot - - quot QPService quot quot c program files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot - - quot eabconfg cpl quot quot c program f... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/can-anyone-read-my-combofix-log-file-fast-and-give-me-a-green-light-459792.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Im using a Crucial C gb SSD low..... too write speed SSD CTFDDAC MAG- G on an Asus P T Deluxe v motherboard This board is only SATA capable so Ive bought an inexpensive SATA PCI-e card to try to get closer to the potential of my SSD The card is a SYBA SY-PEX SATA SSD write speed too low..... III Int Ext Port PCIe Controller About SSD write speed too low..... on ebay So basically Ive now got the SATA read speed of this drive pretty much on the money according to CrystalDiskMark and ATTO Its coming in at around mb s The problem is the write speed hasnt improved at all In fact its exactly what it was when I was running the drive in SATA around mb s The rated write speed for this drive is supposedly mb s so Im wondering what the problem could be I realise that the pci card and the controller driver is an obvious possible issue but if it can deliver the rated read speed why is it so poor on the write The drive is running in AHCI as thats all this pci-e card will allow anyway I havent as yet tried to upgrade the firmware again but it has been upgraded around months ago Any initial pointers would be great nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssd-write-speed-too-low.1030988/
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, I've recently made a VCD of a home video and was wondering when I copy the info to disk, does it matter what write speed I use? It have options of 1x to 24x. Will I lose quality/performance or reliablility if I use the fastest speed?

A:CD Write Speed

The speed will make no difference to your files.

The reason there is more that one speed is that some programs or even CDs make not work on a higher speed, so you have the option to *slow* it down.

The file should not be affected in any way, so you should leave it to do the maximum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-write-speed.93460/
Relevancy 78.26%

my cd-rw has lately started to only write at 2x even though it is a 4x. it's an atapi cd-rw 44-24 (2 year old). the driver is the generic mscdrom.inf. help please

A:cdrw write speed

I learned from another thread that the first thing you try is to get a can of compressed air and clean out the inside of your drive!

Give it a try!!

(thx slipe!!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cdrw-write-speed.61721/
Relevancy 78.26%

I found this write up that I'm going by: How-to: Burn your Windows 7 .ISO to DVD disc | Hardware 2.0 | ZDNet.com

But on theirs its listed as [Auto] but mine doesn't have Auto..what burn speed should I be using to burn an ISO of Windows 7 to a blank DVD?

A:What Write Speed do I use to burn W7?

Quote: Originally Posted by ztmike

I found this write up that I'm going by: How-to: Burn your Windows 7 .ISO to DVD disc | Hardware 2.0 | ZDNet.com

But on theirs its listed as [Auto] but mine doesn't have Auto..what burn speed should I be using to burn an ISO of Windows 7 to a blank DVD?

The slower the better or so the wisdom goes. Most ppl say 4x is safe.

Dont forget just burn the ISO file (one file) not a bunch of files/folders

Good Luck
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/23078-what-write-speed-do-i-use-burn-w7.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm using a Lite-on dvd+rw SOHW-802S burner (max 8X burn). However, it will only burn a disc at approx. 2.4X when trying to burn onto a 16X max blank dvd. (Media being used is Sony brand 'accucore' 1X-16X speed compatible dvd+r). I've tried to update driver but not found. I've made writing speed changes in it's properties to 8X max. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

A:DVD burner write speed....

Newer 16X discs usually don't work well in 8X burners. I would assume your burner has no write strategy in firmware for these newer discs.

It may also be a DMA problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-burner-write-speed.636150/
Relevancy 78.26%

How do i figure out the maximum write speed on my current cd/dvd drives?
And is it best to burn at the maximum write speed?

A:Write speed on drive?

Something like the Nero Discspeed utility (http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html) would probably serve the purpose.

I personally never burn at the maximum write speed becaue I think its less reliable, especially if I'm loading the outer half of the DVD or CD where the relative rotational speeds and vibration effects are the greatest and subsequently more prone to error, especially in the less than highly precise $26 drives that I use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/write-speed-on-drive.721816/
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello

I was curious to know. I heard there could be firmware preinstalled that forbids low write speeds. I'm trying to achieve 4x

I burn with DiscJuggler. It reports 30x-40x speeds, despite setting 4x everywhere in it. I'm using Sony blanks.. or could they be the conflict ?

My friend said to try Nero DiscSpeed.. to hopefully lower the drive's minimum write speed.. I set 4x here and there (been a while), but it did no difference.

Could this be somewhere I have to hunt down in the BIOS ?

My drive is a..

hp dvd-ram gh40l scsi cdrom device (Device Manager)

SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology drive (PC specs page)

Please assist

A:Lower CD-R write speed ?

I do a lot of Audio CD burning as I have a recording studio. I use 8X as my audio CD burn speed "standard". This allows compatibility with almost all audio CD players. I've been using the 8X for about 10 years and have burned hundreds of audio CD-R's and have never had a CD come back as "unplayable" or "skipping". I only use JVC-Taiyo Yuden "Professional" ink jet printable CD-R blanks, but the brand does not dictate the burn speed, its the drive.

The burn speeds are hardware dependent. e.g. most SATA CD/DVD burners will only go do wn to 16X (except one model LG CD/DVD burner). PATA (IDE) burners of recent production will go down to 8X for audio CD burning. Although there may be some software utility that will change/lower speeds, I havent found one. I have Nero and use Nero Burning ROM for all my CD Burning. I have a bank of 5 USB connected PATA burners that I use for my CD production.

With CD burning software, you must have a CD-R blank loaded in the drive BEFORE you attempt to burn, so you can set the burn speed. If you try to set the burn speed first, without a disc in the drive it will only default to its highest burn speed.

Other recording engineers, that I've talked to on recording forums agree on the 8X speed.

The only CD burner drives that I know that will burn at 4X are very old (obsolete/out of production) PATA (IDE) drives. The last one I had was one that came with a Windows 98 PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/261945-lower-cd-r-write-speed.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Recently, after re-installing windows, my SSDs write speeds has plummeted, the read speeds were fine however my write speeds just went through the floor, even my HDDs write speed is faster. My computer is a Dell XPS 15z. Any idea how to fix this?

A:SSD write speed less than 20mbps

Do you have the Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers loaded?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232679-ssd-write-speed-less-than-20mbps.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

I have a problem when writing to a Sandisk Ultra 128 GB microSD card that I use in my music player (Ibasso DX50).
When I copy music files to the card, for the first 4 or 5 files, the throughput is OK (between 4 and 10 MB/s), but systematically after a few files, the speed goes down to 512 KB/s.

I have the same problem using this card on another PC, so I assume the problem is with the SD card.

I formatted the card to FAT32, because I had problems with the native SD card format.
I did not notice the problem at the beginning, when the card was almost empty, but now the card is almost full, and I think the problem occurs more and more easily.

Thanks for helping.

A:microSD Card Write speed goes down to 512 KB/s

Have seen many fake drives.
Test your micro SD card with h2testw
H2testw - Test for Fake USB Flash Drives | USB Pen Drive Apps

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400801-microsd-card-write-speed-goes-down-512-kb-s.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello,

I have a problem when writing to a Sandisk Ultra 128 GB microSD card that I use in my music player (Ibasso DX50).
When I copy music files to the card, for the first 4 or 5 files, the throughput is OK (between 4 and 10 MB/s), but systematically after a few files, the speed goes down to 512 KB/s.

I have the same problem using this card on another PC, so I assume the problem is with the SD card.

I formatted the card to FAT32, because I had problems with the native SD card format.
I did not notice the problem at the beginning, when the card was almost empty, but now the card is almost full, and I think the problem occurs more and more easily.

Thanks for helping.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400801-microsd-card-write-speed-goes-down-512-kb-s.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I just got my new computer up and running and I decided to try burning DVD Rs and DVD RWs for the first time in my Creative and Write Record Problem Speed DVD-RW Labs x Dvd- RW DR E I burned about gigs to a DVD RW burning at a speed of about x and it burned fine The drive specifications says it burns maximum at x and these DVD RWs are x so why aren t they burning at the maximum speed Also I bought x DVD Rs and the maximum the Nero Burning program said it can burn at is x When it starts to burn at x it hangs and does not go any further When I tried burning at x or x or so it burned fine Why won t the DVD-RW burn the cds to their max specs and if I try why is there a problem By mistake I downloaded firmware for it and I think it DVD-RW Write and Record Speed Problem upgraded with no problem to the same firmware Could it be that causing a problem Also I have Easy CD Creator and I wanted to use that instead of Nero because it s easier to use but when I try to install it Windows says it does not support this version of Easy Cd Creator I found some ways on the internet to get it to work but it won t let me Are there any other suggestions to get it to work I do have SP installed which I think is the problem Windows XP PRO SP AMD Athlon XP ghz Ram nbsp

A:DVD-RW Write and Record Speed Problem

This seems to be a common problem actually.

Some drives work with certain brands of media to their advertised speeds and some don't. It's a bit of a turkey shoot..

Best thing to do is get the latest firmware possible for the drive and get name brand media.

Here's a sample of some tests they did at Tom's Hardware.
http://www20.tomshardware.com/storage/20041102/dvd_burners-17.html#blankmedia_compatibility

There were compatibility issues with Windows XP and Easy CD Creator 5.1 or earlier. Probably why Windows won't let you install it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310628

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dvd-rw-write-and-record-speed-problem.347510/
Relevancy 77.4%

Good evening everyone,

I was just wondering, when checking the CPU-Z program, why is that when I am in STAMINA mode, my Core Speed is only around 1500Mhz with a Bus Speed of 99.80MHz. Shouldn't my Core Speed by 2.6GHz?

When I am in SPEED mode, my Core Speed goes up to around 3400MHz, with the same Bus Speed. Shouldn't the max Core Speed be 3.60GHz?

I have the Intel i7-3520M Processor.

PS: My DRAM speed is showing 667.5MHz, when my RAM is suppose to be 1333MHz...

A:My CPU Speed is not as fast as advertised!

I'm not very familiar with the power modes of Intel CPUs. I suppose that "stamina" mode is a power saving one. I don't know whether you get the maximum turbo frequency unless one of the CPU cores is disabled.

CPU-Z report the clock frequency of the RAM. DDR (double data rate) transfers data on both leading and falling edges of the clock, so 1333 MHz DDR (DDR, DDR2, or DDR3) has a 667 MHz clock.

I can't answer all your questions, but I guess that your laptop is working as it should.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273621-my-cpu-speed-not-fast-advertised.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Medion Tablet to draw on. It worked perfectly fine on my parents computer. When I plugged it in, I got an icon on the taskbar near the clock and was able to click it and adjust pen pressure and speed. I brought this back to my dorm and hooked it on my computer. It worked, but the pen speed is too fast! Thing is, I can't find that icon nor can I find it when I click on "My Computer". Can anyone help me on this? I can't draw with this pen moving too quickly.

A:Tablet speed too fast!

Did you install a driver?
That Icon probably isn't native to your PC.
Look in Control Panel. maybe under Mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tablet-speed-too-fast.694287/
Relevancy 77.4%

I doubled my RAM to 753 meg and the playback of cd's and streaming video now sounds like the singing chipmunks. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 249 with Win 2K pro. There is no adjustment in my Windows Media Player 9.

A:playback speed too fast

You could possibly try upgrading to Windows Media Player 11. That might help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playback-speed-too-fast.553366/
Relevancy 77.4%

Last night at my old place I was able as should be not fast Speed Internet it as to get mbps fine on my desktop with a cat cable running from my modem I have now moved to a new location using a cat e cable and now I am only getting at most mbps when running the speed tests I paid for a mbps connection The strange thing is that when I connect that same cable to my laptop I get close to mbps speeds I haven't made any changes to my desktop I only physically moved it from my old house to my new house I happen to have different NIC on my desktop and they both show similar subpar speeds My first NIC the Internet Speed not as fast as it should be faulty one see the my previous thread here is an Atheros GbE Lan Chip Mbit while the second one which I'm currently using is TEG-PCITXR Mbit I have tried updating the driver with the NIC that I am currently using I am running Win Pro Any ideas on what might be causing the issue

A:Internet Speed not as fast as it should be

If you have a NIC that is not working, then remove it from the computer.
Try the CAT 6 cable and see if it makes a difference.
Did you do the Hard Drive Diagnostics?
Download the ISO image for Seatools, Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn or burn it to a USB Flash drive with SeaFlash all available in my Signature.
Boot off of the newly created media and run the SMART, Short and Long Diagnostic tests on the HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/internet-speed-not-as-fast-as-it-should-be-1125873.html
Relevancy 76.54%

i have a pioneer dvr109 with 1.40 firmware.

now what ever speed i write at (and what ever disks i use) it takes about 40 minutes to write a disk.

i am new-ish to having a dvd-writer, so thought nothing of it, but my brother said that @ 16x it should take about 4 minutes, and even @ 4X it should only take about 14-16 minutes

so can anyone tell me what the problem is?

i did a speed check before doing a write @16X (yes with 16X disks) and afterwards it came up with a message saying source data too slow, writing at 4X.

does anyone know why this may be?

i have a 2.66GHz CPU and 512M of RAM.

any help would be appreciated.

cheers