Windows Support Forum

Stuck "x" key

Q: Stuck "x" key

Hi -
My wife's laptop has a sticky "x" key. If it was a laptop then I could switch in another keyboard. The key works, a little, but is quite annoying. Are there standard tricks to fixing this?

Thanks so much.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stuck "x" key

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Stuck "x" key

a HAMMER ? :sigh: Sorry for the cheap joke at your expense, but this happens all the time with laptops.
A roommate has the 'M' all over the place immediately upon logon (sometimes during messing up the pwd).

Plan on a trip to the PC Repair Shop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-x-key.183955/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi all Sorry to repeat a question I see a lot of instances of but none of those seem to be addressing my problem correctly I have not done anything new to my computer in recent days so this problem has caught me off guard I see most instances of this problem come after upgrading to Windows I have had Win installed for a while now Here is a summary of my problem My computer recently got stuck on the quot Starting Windows Screen quot So I manually held the power button to reboot On reboot it said there was a need to run a startup repair which I did Everything checked fine except for the Corrupted" Windows", is on Repair "Starting Stuck Shows Disk Volume "System on last one which said quot System Volume on Disk is Corrupted quot which it claimed to have successfully fixed After rebooting from repair the system gets stuck on quot Starting Windows Screen quot for a good - minutes after which it runs a registry check After it completes that I get hopeful -- but the screen then gets stuck on an all black screen with just the mouse cursor and nothing more Additional note Attempting to start the computer on quot safe mode quot leads Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" safe mode startup to become stalled Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted" on quot DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS quot The lastest attempt to repair yielded this message quot Startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically Problem event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem signature uknown quot AutoFailover Corrupt Volume OS Version Locale Id In need of help not sure where to start Thanks nbsp

A:Stuck on "Starting Windows", Repair Shows "System Volume on Disk is Corrupted"

Hi Stan, Hopefully I can help you out....or at least lead you in the right direction. From my experience, the symptoms you are suggesting sound like perhaps a dying Hard drive.

1. Do you have the windows 7 boot disks that came with your computer or when you bought the Operating System? If so, you could try and insert one of those and boot from it, and attempt to repair the installation. (this won't affect your data, only the windows system files).

2. If that doesn't fix it, you could try a fresh reinstall of windows 7, and see if that works.

3. If neither of those work, its likely that because of the fact that when windows is repairing itself, it is generally putting copies of its system files in the same physical location on your disk. Because your disk is obviously not completely dead, ie....its still loading to the windows 7 startup screen, its just copying files to the bad sectors on your hard drive and gets stuck when loading. This is especially my guess because you said Safe mode is having same problems, even after attempting to repair. In the past, I've tried and salvage a disk by reformatting it and only leaving on partitions which do not contain the bad clusters. This takes some time, and some guess work.....and really this is only a "bandaid" fix because once the disk has bad clusters, its only a matter of time before these things give out. You wouldn't want to trust your important data on it anyways....

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-starting-windows-repair-shows-system-volume-on-disk-is-corrupted.1023059/
Relevancy 86%

Hi.

I accidentally pulled the plug out of my computer when it was in the middle of shutting down. Now that I've tried to reboot it, I get a screen saying:

Safe Mode
Safe Mode With Networking
Safe Mode With Command Prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Whenever I click on any of the options above, I always ends up back at the same screen, suggest the above options again. I've tried rebooting I again a few times but nothing works?

Any ideas?
Thanks.

Relevancy 86%

I am stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"
When I choose "Start Windows Normally",it gives me blue screen with the following error:Unmountable_Boot_Volume.On "Launch startup repair" I am stuck on the Windows 7 wallpaper with cursor and can't even open Cmd trough Shift+F10.I've tried re-installing windows from USB stick and I am also stuck on "Setup is Starting".Any help please,and how much I am screwed?
P.S-On Advanced boot options I can't use Safe Mode,Safe Mode with Networking,Safe Mode with Command prompt and Last Known Good Configuration,it gets me back to "Start Windows Normally" and "Launch startup repair".

A:Stuck on "Start Windows normally" and "Launch startup repair"

Time to boot to an external testing/repair environment, such as a Win7 Repair disk or a hard drive test disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365597-stuck-start-windows-normally-launch-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 86%

I've searched around the forums and all I can seem to find are people with one or two dead pixels (the absolute max I saw was 8). On the left side of my monitor, I have an extremely large amount of dead pixels. It's about the size of two quarters. It started out small (as a single pixel - then a single line - then a large blob). I've tried just about everything to get rid of it. I've tried massaging it out, using websites/software like www.jscreenfix.com, to no avail. I really don't have the money for a new monitor. Any ideas? Thanks!

Here is an image:[img=http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5543/img2729c.th.jpg]

Relevancy 84.71%

Note I can't take any screen shots because my problematic laptop won't even start up fully So as a bit of background my -year-old Toshiba A -S laptop battery has been horrible for "configuring down..." stuck updates" "shutting after in Laptop ages as in my laptop MUST Laptop stuck in "shutting down..." after "configuring updates" be plugged in at all times or else it will immediately spontaneously turn off without a proper shut-down It also spontaneously turns off it it overheats or starts working too hard or something so I don't use it very much - but it's where I keep all my music and movies and I've been gradually transferring these files to other devices which is why I still use it occasionally Anyway nights ago I downloaded and installed updates and after taking a while to install updates it stayed on the quot shutting down quot screen for a long time And when I woke up the next morning it was STILL on the quot shutting down quot screen - and it had been hours by that point I was actually very surprised that it hadn't spontaneously turned off overnight So I did a force-turn-off because I thought it would start up ok Today I turned on the computer figuring it would boot up ok So we get to the start-up screen - it even spends a mere split second on the usual improper-shut-down-how-would-you-like-to-start-up screen it usually spends seconds on that screen and it goes through quot configuring updates quot and this took a while and then it went back to the quot shutting down quot screen And it was stuck there for about minutes before I did another force-turn-off and turned it on again because sometimes something that doesn't work one time does indeed work the next time But not this time It went through the same quot configuring updates quot and quot shutting down quot screens and it's now been stuck on quot shutting down quot for about minutes So what can I do to fix it I can't figure out how to get it to fully boot up because paragraph above just happens over and over again Will I have to take out the hard drive and finally retire my computer Would I be able to take out the hard drive and recover my files Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/394020-laptop-stuck-shutting-down-after-configuring-updates.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi everyone All my experience is with XP but my partners windows laptop has this problem and I am stuck it is a Dell laptop latitude E about G ram no external devices fitted Laptop starts to boot I log in quot welcome quot screen comes up but never finishes processing Harddrive light keeps on pumping endlessly I tried to boot in quot safe mode quot and it stops at exactly the same spot I tried to run System restore I can pick a restore point OK and it loads it but then gets stuck on finishing restore similar to the welcome screen thing - it just keeps on processing Start work "sfc stuck get screen /scannow" "welcome" on cant to up repair both from harddrive or dvd both say it cant find anything wrong Ran the command prompt Sfc scannow it runs beginning verification phase of system scan it gets to Verification then displays the line windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation Any ideas of where I can go from here all Ideas welcomed greatfully - she might expire without her laptop

A:stuck on "welcome" screen cant get "sfc /scannow" to work

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at this Microsoft article: How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

When the system file checker runs it creates a log file, which should help you pinpoint which file couldn't be repaired.

However, if you can't get into Windows you might want to check this tutorial: Startup Repair Infinite Loop Recovery

Did your partner create a set of Dell recovery discs or does she have a Windows 7 DVD?

If all else fails, you may have to re-install Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231909-stuck-welcome-screen-cant-get-sfc-scannow-work.html
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.27%

I am running Windows bit Apparently I scanned my system using full system scan AVAST and left my computer on thinking it would take screen or wait" off turn [SOLVED] "Configuring windows. not on Do "Please Stuck your for many hours When I came back my computer automatically shutdown because it was left standby for about hours I don't know if the scan was finished When I try to boot the screen gets [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your stuck on quot please wait quot screen or quot configuring windows Do not turn off your computer quot I already tried going to System Recovery Options screen then going to Troubleshoot then Advanced Options but I tried everything there and still the issue persists even when I tried to boot in safe mode I tried going to command prompt and type sfc scannow but it says it can't scan right now I also [SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your tried chkdsk R but it says the same I don't know how to run cmd as administrator from the System Recovery Options So now I tried to use system restore but I am stuck to the windows logo for about and half hour I don't know if I should wait for this or it is already stuck In other forums I read they used system restore with only the quot C quot disk group connected Should I also do this I am thinking to remove AVAST or somehow disable it Please help me

A:[SOLVED] Stuck on "Please wait" screen or "Configuring windows. Do not turn off your

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Do you have your Windows 8 CD?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/solved-stuck-on-and-quot-please-wait-and-quot-screen-or-and-quot-configuring-windows-do-not-turn-off-your-702996.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello, I have a desktop here where any type of OS installations won't work. If installing Windows the installation get stuck at "Starting Windows" or can't find installation media.During the hang, my hard drive makes a clicking noise for like 10 secs and then stops. If installing Linux distributions, the installation reports that the device for the media is not ready. Any help is appreciated

PC
Acer Aspire AX1430G-UW30P
AMD E-450 dual core processor
AMD Radeon HD 6300 graphics

BTW im not sure if it's BIOS because I don't know if it's UEFI or EFI

A:Windows installation stuck at "Starting Windows" or "Device not ready" for linux

The clicking sound could be a bad HDD.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-installation-stuck-at-starting-windows-or-device-not-ready-for-linux-1143458.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Afternoon I'm a bit boggled by this issue we / 7 "mapped stuck files" "stand-by" files Windows Large in are having on a PC at our office It seems that the PC normally will boot up and the memory usage will be low GB GB until - minutes go by then it shoots up GB GB It's really odd and I can't explain it since no applications are started I took it upon myself and downloaded RamMap Using RamMap I was able to determine that the memory is caused by quot mapped files quot under quot file summary quot I Windows 7 Large files stuck in "mapped files" / "stand-by" can see the two large files which are to blame But I'm not able delete these currently until tomorrow to confirm the user doesn't need them What I'm looking for is an answer as to why these files seem to be singled out Thanks in advance I've included a screenshot to the RamMap findings and my understanding with how memory is handled is limited EDIT - I can see now only large file is being selected for quot mapped file quot

A:Windows 7 Large files stuck in "mapped files" / "stand-by"

Attachments -

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398103-windows-7-large-files-stuck-mapped-files-stand.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I have Acer laptop Win7 Pro x64 SP1. When I try to shut down or restart my system it gets stuck at either "logging off" stage or sometimes it gets past that but hangs up on "shutting down". I've let them run for over an hour & nothing happens. I have to hold down the Power button to turn off machine. Upon reboot the system say there was a problem during shut down do you want
to "restart normally" "safe mode" etc.. Now when I go into safe mode I can close down no problem. I have tried "boot to last known good config" doesn't help. I don't think there was a "restore point" made to go back to. Why is this happening & how can I fix it.
Thanks!

A:PC gets stuck during "Logging off" & "Shutting down".

If safe mode doesn't have that problem it will most likely be a bad or incompatible third-party device driver that's causing it, since safe mode doesn't load any third-party drivers.

Typically the bad driver will be the one that was installed last, just before the problem was first noticed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-gets-stuck-during-logging-off-and-shutting-down-602162.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Whenever I open up "My Computer", I get stuck on a screen that has just the flashlight looking for files.

Whenever I use a drop down menu in programs such as My Documents and even things like MS Word, the comp freezes up. It's as if the directory isn't being listed cos something is stopping it from doing so.

Just an update.
My Compute eventually shows up, after about two or three minutes. It's a pain.

THe computer is brand new. Ocasionally, the left bar, with "Similiar Places" "Details and other things similiar appears, then disappears, and the comp searches again.

Attached is an example of the drives not showing up...
I was lucky the thing didn't freeze after opening the drop down..

Attached an image of the prob.

A:"My Computer" stuck on "Searching"

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrimsonWesker

Whenever I open up "My Computer", I get stuck on a screen that has just the flashlight looking for files.

Whenever I use a drop down menu in programs such as My Documents and even things like MS Word, the comp freezes up. It's as if the directory isn't being listed cos something is stopping it from doing so.

Just an update.
My Compute eventually shows up, after about two or three minutes. It's a pain.

THe computer is brand new. Ocasionally, the left bar, with "Similiar Places" "Details and other things similiar appears, then disappears, and the comp searches again.

Attached is an example of the drives not showing up...
I was lucky the thing didn't freeze after opening the drop down..

Attached an image of the prob.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-stuck-on-searching-39722.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 75.25%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music report (PLEASE event have HELP) Whole .. viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" computer and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP) drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE HELP)

**(DONT KNOW IF THIS WILL HELP..)***

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2250 @ 1.73GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 502 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family, 224 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 39723 MB, Free - 23484 MB; D: Total - 12684 MB, Free - 3633 MB;

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please-help.981932/
Relevancy 75.25%

ok!!!!!!!!!! what is it and how do i fix it,,,, eyes crossed knees woobly help?????????????????????

A:[Solved] mplay32.exe,1"/play/close"%L"." and sndrec32.exe"%L"."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mplay32-exe-1-play-close-l-and-sndrec32-exe-l.197498/
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi all So I'm kind of stuck I currently have the problem where I am in an endless cycle of quot loading files quot - gt quot Windows Boot Manager quot see How To Boot Into Safe Mode On Windows The Easy Way I have tried to load all of the options -- and none successfully load I also end up at a OneKey Recovery as well unfortunately the laptop does not have initial backup or user backup Manager" -> files Boot ..." "Loading "OneKey" "Windows -> images I have a Windows CD for repairing purposes however I cannot load the BIOS UEFI to change "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" the boot order to load the optical drives first I have also tried to remove the CMOS battery to fix it did not work Also - Windows "Loading files ..." -> "Windows Boot Manager" -> "OneKey" Boot Manager Windows Setup EMS Enabled -- does not load properly leads to OneKey Recovery Safe Mode does not load properly Safe Mode with Networking does not load properly Safe Mode with Command Prompt doesn't load - tries to boot and load all files onto partition that is too small can't change partition Enable Boot Logging Enable Low-Resolution Video Debugging MOde Disable automatic restart on system failure Disable Driver Signature Enforcement Display Early Launch Anti-Malware Driver Start Windows Normally Any ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/55670-loading-files-windows-boot-manager-onekey.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 74.39%

I am using Windows 7 on my laptop and I have question about when to use "Home", "Work" and "Public" profile.

If I am logging in without setting password, and I am logging in network with "Public" profile, then will any other user, who can see my computer, be able to enter my computer and check the contents on my computer ?

I am connecting to a network and there are 6 other users connected to this network. In the set network location window, if I select the netwoek as "Home", does it mean that other 6 users will not be able to see my computer on network and if I use "Public", then all other six users will be able to see my computer on network ?

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-to-use-home-work-or-public-profile-while-connecting-to-network-478413.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm using a custom visual style made by another user however I don't really like the buttons used that I mentioned Changing of "minimize" buttons a theme and "close" "maximize" the above The creator states it is acceptable to change the theme to however you like Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme as long as you don't redistribute it anywhere Ok so I opened up the msstyles file using Restorator located in the theme folder of this VS I went into the images directory and located what seems Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme to be the images used for the buttons Intuitively it seems like it would make sense to replace those images with different ones perhaps from another visual style and it should change them However would this actually work Could the theme get messed up in some other way like proportions or something if the new button images are smaller I don't know of any other way to change them that would be easy But I did run into another problem For some visual styles I can't even locate those buttons in the images directory Where else would they be

A:Changing the "minimize" "maximize" and "close" buttons of a theme

Use Windows Style Builder to do that...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/200947-changing-minimize-maximize-close-buttons-theme.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Example sentence: vrytim I prss ths kys, nothing happns. Now I'm writing with my on-sreen keyboard. I'm clueless when it comes to computer stuff. How do I fix this? Is this a software problem, or a hardware problem?Help is much appreciated!

A:Kyboard deos not respond to the keys: "e", "d", "c" and "3"

My keyboard hath the thame problem with the thupid eth key. The blathted thing ith driving me nutth.

All theriousneth...er...seriousness aside, usually, that is a hardware problem. Can you find or borrow another keyboard and see if it will work correctly on your machine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/311639-kyboard-deos-not-respond-keys-e-d-c-3-a.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I Saving 64 Bit in "Power Vista Mode" Hibernate. Stuck Ultimate have recently built a New computer with everything working great except minor flaw When I leave the computer Stuck in Hibernate. Vista Ultimate 64 Bit "Power Saving Mode" for awhile and the computer goes in Hibernation I can't get it out of Hibernation I try turning off the Stuck in Hibernate. Vista Ultimate 64 Bit "Power Saving Mode" computer and restarting it and it says the same thing on Stuck in Hibernate. Vista Ultimate 64 Bit "Power Saving Mode" the Screen quot Entering Power Save Mode quot So I usually take the case apart and take out the memory and put it back in and start it up and it works I have no idea why it works and why i have to do it every time When the computer Is in Stand-By it comes out of it fine But after it goes into Hibernation and try to restart it I can't get the screen off quot Power Saving Mode quot If their are any suggestions on how to fix this please help Some of the troubleshooting Idea's i've thought of are disabling Hibernation and Standby Specs XFX GT G of Memory Q ghz P Gigabyte Motherboard Flat Panel quot LCD Dell Monitor W Rosewell Thank you for your help

A:Stuck in Hibernate. Vista Ultimate 64 Bit "Power Saving Mode"

Issued Solved Just Went to the Command prompted

[type] powercfg -h off [enter]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-hibernate-vista-ultimate-64-bit-power-saving-mode-203797.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi guys i have purchase two wireless routers by mistake one Belkin G Wireless Router F D computers address" "acquiring some router, network Netgear in stuck - and one Netgear Rangemax N WPN N it is amaizing to see that the belking one is about the size of the netgear and it performs just AWESOME so simply and quot troublefree quot In the Netgear router, some computers stuck in "acquiring network address" other hand i have this netgear its cute but it is BIG SLOW at start up and once i disconnect one of the devices using its internet its impossible to get connected again The only reason why i am stuck with the netgear is because the wifi on off button ok here is the problem in more details just to give you an idea and to help you to help me to discard pc configs related issues ALL my devices were connected without ANY problem The device list is -LAPTOP LAN -LAPTOP WIFI -POCKETPC WIFI -PALM WIFI -phone WIFI But when i use the netgear router only three of the devices get connected the laptop is stuck in quot acquiring network address quot and the pocket pc show is connected but i cant navigate Clue in the laptop if i turn it off suspend or hibernate while it says quot acquiring network address quot when i get it back it connects automatically without problem but if i disconnect it manually or if i turn off and nn the router if i want it surfing the web i have to suspend then bring it back again OR Clue when i disable all security option i mean instead quot WPA-PSK TKIP quot i choose quot NONE quot all of the them get connected and working

A:Netgear router, some computers stuck in "acquiring network address"

Hi Kharl, is this setting on your Netgear in use ????

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270072-netgear-router-some-computers-stuck-acquiring-network-address.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey dell support staff After the last Radeon software update for my Amd HD m dGPU My laptop started having thread stuck in device driver error After a few restarts the screen froze and the laptop could not be operated anymore It had the windows update from Thread ". driver 3537 Inspiron device Dell " stuck in dell Dell Inspiron 3537 " Thread stuck in device driver ". I was shocked that an amd official driver could wreck my Dell Inspiron 3537 " Thread stuck in device driver ". laptop To my dissapointement after formatting the laptop windows auto updated to quot its official version quot and any time i tried installing the amd driver the laptop would freeze and stop working And to add to this dell has stopped supporting this laptop as the official drivers from dell for AMD is not recognized by my laptop I took the laptop to the authorized service center locally jayanagara bengaluru nbsp and the service technician hardware disabled my dedicated GPU nbsp nbsp Repairs for the Dell Inspiron 3537 " Thread stuck in device driver ". laptop will mean i would have to replace the mother board for nbsp inr approx with days warranty for the replacement nbsp All this just to use the Radeon GPUThe GPU is half the reason i got the model and dell has horribly let down by not supporting the laptop past the initial one year warranty With no updates All this when a driver updated started the problem and there is no nbsp software update will fix this Right now i am using a disabled gpu on intel hd gpu on my laptop and i am writing to the official dell support forum for any solution to get my gpu working again If that means i have to pay dell more money to fix the problem you and your partners amd s drivers started then i am selling this laptop and going for a brand with more reliable driver support hoping for the best p s bought the model nbsp on may - from compuindia - Dell s official reseller here

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984118
Relevancy 72.67%

The bluescreens are really random and like to happen out of no where. I could be playing League or Blade and Soul and it when it happens. I usually always have chrome open in the background watching something. Some days PC would boot up and I would have to restart because it's slow and not opening anything. I would appreciate some help on to solving this problem or finding this defective part.

A:Multiple BSOD caused by "Thread Stuck in Device Driver"

Please uninstall everything of AMD using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from AMD. Be sure to ONLY install the display drivers using custom/advanced options.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
4: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff801`64ed0000 fffff801`6662b000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Dec 23 16:58:26 2015 (567AC4A2)
CheckSum: 016EC495
ImageSize: 0175B000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39220-multiple-bsod-caused-thread-stuck-device-driver.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I was trying to save some files in restoring windows 7; now i can't boot my computer; 1st screen : windows resuming., then setup is starting services.... , "stuck" ; acer aspire 5742 Windows 7 64bit Home Premium; What can i do? now; F8;F2; F12; Ctr+Alt+Del; nothing runs all night ; have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

A:resuming Windows ... Setup is starting services..."stuck" Aspire5742

Quote:
have a recovery disk made with drivers & applications made by me

Did you you make the Recovery disc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/275425-resuming-windows-setup-starting-services-stuck-aspire5742.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi everyone.
2 questions:

1) My windows 7 stuck at "shutting down". Doesn't matter if i'm restarting or shutting down. If i don't touch it, then i get a BSOD after about 10 minutes.

2) every once in a while i have no connection to the internet. If i troubleshoot, windows says there's a problem with my local area connection, but doesn't fix it. Only if i restart, and then troubleshoot, it resets my "local area connection" and everything's fine. I remember in windows xp i would just press "disable" on the local area connection, and the enter again, and it would restart it automatically. But i have no idea how to reset it manually.

Thanks!

A:2 questions (stuck at "shut down" and local area connection trouble

Post up the BSOD file in our Crashes forum for expert analysis: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 Forums

Until then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 to establish a Clean Boot, scan the logs for repeat errors to google, utilize System Resources to find solutions to problems. I would also test my hardware to get that out of the way.

Check optional Windows Updates for newer drivers or hotfixes after enabling Automatically get recommended drivers and updates for your hardware. If no newer LAN driver is offered then check the device's Support Downloads webpage for newer or another to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/233056-2-questions-stuck-shut-down-local-area-connection-trouble.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all, I am trying to reinstall Windows 7 on my notebook (Acer Aspire 5742-7645) from the DVD. I get as far as this screen: http://www.buildeasypc.com/pics/wind...windows7_3.jpg
When I click "Install now," the screen says "Setup is starting..." and then never moves on. I have gone into BIOS and set the boot order to DVD first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer Aspire - Windows 7 reinstallation stuck on "Setup is starting"

Here are some good answers and some common things to check:
http//answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/windows-7-install-is-stuck-at-setup-is-starting/1b429a4f-b81c-419a-9780-308c743e1129

Let us know the results of these checks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/314505-acer-aspire-windows-7-reinstallation-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi guys

i was using one of the paritioning softwares and i ended up with the parition table as given in the attached pic.

is there an easy way to fix the partition table by removing the "unpartitioned space" fictitious labels in the table between e and f drives?

Imgur

Edit:these entries show only in the XP textmode setup and not in the OS(7/XP) or anywhere else.

A:Partition table issue - "unparititoned space" label stuck.

Can you press the Down arrow to highlight partitioned lines then Delete? If not you may need to boot to a CD such as GPARTED to manage the partitions. Your picture cuts off data on the left side, implies you have a second HDD connected, I'd disconnect that before working with the main drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369082-partition-table-issue-unparititoned-space-label-stuck.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an old Sony Vaio (VGN S4HP, to be precise), recently reinstalled XP and now I cannot get to connect to my wireless router network. Tried practically everything proposed on older threads but nothing worked. I may be wrong, but I believe the problem was present before the reinstall so the local techie had to set up a static IP to connect to the router. How do I go about doing this myself? I don't have my router's manual.

A:Wireless Stuck On "Acquiring network address", setting up static IP?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address-setting-up-static-ip.1097609/
Relevancy 72.67%

I reformatted my computer about 4 weeks ago. Every week I've been doing routine maintenance. Ad/spy/virus check, follow by cleaning of Internet temp files, cookies etc etc.

After that I would do a scan disk and the last 4 weeks has been ok, it completed to phase 3.

Now for some reason it doesn't complete phase 2.

Anyway ideas?

Windows XP, Service pack 3 installed.

A:"Windows was unable to complete the disk check" Stuck on Phase 2

Hmmmm? I just cleared the cache, cookies, etc on firefox which is the default browser I use. Clicked scan disk and it completed pass phase 3.

What the is the relationship between clearing cache, cookies etc that makes scan disk work?. Because it seems I have to clear all those date before scan disk can be completed. Why?

I would have thought clearing cookies, history temporary files via control panel > Internet options > general clears all the data but it seems I have to clear it through firefox too? Why?

What the is the relationship between clearing cache, cookies etc that makes scan disk work?

Another thing. As I managed to complete scan disk. I decided to re check it just incase, at this point I was surfing the net reading some emails, etc and scan disk did not complete.

WHY???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-was-unable-to-complete-the-disk-check-stuck-on-phase-2-a-308686.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I put in the wireless software, typed in the correct ID and password, and it says I'm connected, but I'm not, and the network icon on the taskbar is stuck on "acquiring network address".

The wired computer is working fine, so there's definitely no problem there.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the adapter, but that didn't do anything.

Tried restarted the computer. That didn't do anything, either.

What's the problem?

I'm not sure if this will help any, but just so you know, I recently reinstalled Windows on this computer. Not sure if that's relevant or not.

A:Solved: My wireless computer is stuck on "acquiring network address"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-wireless-computer-is-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address.1088461/
Relevancy 72.67%

At random times, the CTRL key on my laptop will act as if it is constantly pushed down. I am unable to type and it is annoying. I have turned off sticky keys, and have tried pushing both the left and right CTRL keys simultaneously to turn it off. The only solution is a reboot of the computer. Is there anyway I can fix this??

A:CTRL key "stuck" on laptop, Asus N55S series, Windows 7

It may be time to replace the keyboard. They're not expensive and relatively easy to replace

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ctrl-key-stuck-on-laptop-asus-n55s-series-windows-7.186720/
Relevancy 72.67%

i was forced to format because i had trojins like crazy that i couldnt get rid of. I formated but deleted everything and now when i put the driver disc in that came with my computer it wont load the drivers. when i got to browse i can see the files on the disc but its not getting me anywhere. i even tryed to put the driver disc on a flash drive and load them but all its saying is

"NO NEW DEVICES COULD BE FOUND.MAKE SURE THE DRIVER FILES ARE CORRECT AND LOCATED ON THE DRIVER INSTALLATION MEDIA."

NO DEVICES WERE FOUND. MAKE SURE THAT THE INSTALLATION MEDIA CONTAINS THE CORRECT DRIVES,AND THEN CLICK OK."

im stuck at the install "windows screen" when it prompts you to install the drivers

can anyone help?

A:Solved: stuck at the "install windows" screen! please help. i was forced to format be

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-stuck-at-the-install-windows-screen-please-help-i-was-forced-to-format-be.1024919/
Relevancy 72.67%

So this morning I at Network CPU 100% Places" stuck Unable open usage. "My to freezes. went to class with my Dell Latitude D laptop and connected to my schools wireless network with no problem CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes. I shut down and when CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes. I got home and started up my CPU was stuck at usage I noticed this when I tried to open quot My Network Places quot since I normally switch to a cable connection at home and turn off the wireless I did a McAfee virus scan and came up clean The only significant changes I can think of doing recently was converting my external Seagate drive from FAT to NTFS HIJACKTHIS LOG Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files Apoint ApMsgFwd exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver StartAutorun exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMProcess exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtMng exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files LOLReplay LOLRecorder exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosA dp exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHid exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtHsp exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Keyboard amp Mouse Driver KMWDSrv exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system rpcnet exe C WINDOWS system StacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin WLKeeper exe C WINDOWS system fxssvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system wbem unsecapp exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McScript InUse exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaws exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jaucheck exe C Program Files Java jre bin javaw exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Bennett Colangelo My Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www robattle net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlin... Read more

A:CPU stuck at 100% usage. Unable to open "My Network Places" freezes.

Sorry but I tried to edit the original post and couldn't.

I have recognized that the process which is taking up 90% CPU is called "services.exe" if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-stuck-at-100-usage-unable-to-open-my-network-places-freezes.992622/
Relevancy 72.67%

Yesterday I turned on my laptop which came preloaded with Vista and it popped up the black screen that says quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or screen" in loop "Startup is repair/blue Vista stuck software change might be the cause quot Then it gives me the option to launch the startup repair or boot windows normally If I try to boot Windows normally it just gives a microsecond view of a blue screen then it puts me right back where I started If I try the startup repair it tries running for a minute then it says quot Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically quot and gives me the option to send or not send the info to Microsoft This system is used for my business and I m pretty dependent on it Any suggestions for how to proceed on this would be VERY appreciated -tb p s regarding the computer s message about new hardware or software I have not installed anything new on Vista is stuck in "Startup repair/blue screen" loop it for Vista is stuck in "Startup repair/blue screen" loop some time Don t know if that s helpful info or not nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Two questions:

When viewing a document I made in Full-reading (two-page) view in ms-word 2007, sometimes it gets "stuck" in one place and can't go back pages. I have some advanced unlinked different section headers/footers and it gets stuck at chapter three (page 30 or so) and can't go back to previous pages

When I open a document (almost anywhere ) but specifically in Notepad++ I want to shoot to the end of the document with a single "End" keypress. End key doesn't seem to work and I have to scroll or tons of Pg Dns. Anyway of making the end key do what it sounds like it will and actually go to the bottom of the document?

Thanks.

A:MS Word Full-Reading View "stuck" and End (Home-End) that works

Quote: Originally Posted by johntkucz

When I open a document (almost anywhere ) but specifically in Notepad++ I want to shoot to the end of the document with a single "End" keypress. End key doesn't seem to work and I have to scroll or tons of Pg Dns. Anyway of making the end key do what it sounds like it will and actually go to the bottom of the document?

Try holding down Ctrl key when you press End.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/190712-ms-word-full-reading-view-stuck-end-home-end-works.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently bought my son a D-Link DWA-25 USB Wireless adapter for his desktop but I can't seem to get it to work. Not matter what I do (I have tried every bit of advice this wonderful forum has to offer) and so for all I get is "Acquiring Network Address." When I run ipconfig, it returns and ip address of 0.0.0.0 and a subnet mask of 0.0.0.0. Customer service for D-Link and Qwest were useless (spent most of the time blaming each other), so any help you guys and gals can lend me would be stupendous.

A:Stuck on "Acquiring Network Address" for Wireless Adapter on Windows XP

(from a JohnWill post)

IP addresses of 0.0.0.0 are normally caused by one of the following.

Diagnosis:
1. DHCP Service not running.
2. Duplicate IP address on the network.
3. Bad NIC card drivers.
4. Defective NIC hardware.

Resolution:
1. Check Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. The DHCP Client service should be Started and its Startup Type should be Automatic.
2. Turn off ALL of the computers and other network connected devices, reboot the router, then restart all the computers and other network devices.
3. Check for upgraded drivers and/or reload the Network drivers.
4. Replace the Network Interface Card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-acquiring-network-address-for-wireless-adapter-on-windows-xp.971660/
Relevancy 72.67%

I have two MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboards on two different computers A getting Sculpt few keyboard "stuck" after holding a Ergonomic seconds Keys on for MS lenovo T s with -bit Win and a self-built Intel-based desktop with -bit Windows and both are exhibiting the same behavior nbsp Namely if CTRL or ALT are held down for a Keys getting "stuck" after holding for a few seconds on MS Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard few seconds they quot stick quot on nbsp The key itself does not stick but Windows acts as if the key is still being held even after being released nbsp Pressing the quot stuck quot key again toggles it off nbsp This only happens with the CTRL amp ALT keys that I have seen StickyKeys and ToggleKeys are not enabled The behavior is consistently reproduceable Both machines have the most recent version of the MS Mouse and Keyboard Center installed Removing everything under Keyboard in Device Manager and rebooting has not resolved the issue The behavior does not occur with the integrated keyboard on the laptop nor does it occur with a USB keyboard Someone online hypothesized that this behavior was the result of the keyboard simply stopping the sending of the pressed key after a key is held for a period of time assumedly to prevent something sitting on the keyboard from draining the battery nbsp This can be seen in something like notepad if I hold a letter key down it repeats for about seconds and then stops nbsp Perhaps this is what is happening with the CTRL and ALT keys nbsp After being held down for a few seconds the keyboard stops sending the signal indicating that the CTRL or ALT are being held down but does not send the signal that the key has been lifted nbsp Thus Windows acts as if it's still being held down nbsp That is just conjecture but does fit the symptoms nbsp So has anyone else encountered this issue nbsp Have they found a fix nbsp Is there any way to disable the feature of the keyboard where it stops sending a given keypress if held down for a period of time Or extend that period of time

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9bf81162-0a18-4836-9634-bacd42745c10/keys-getting-quotstuckquot-after-holding-for-a-few-seconds-on-ms-sculpt-ergonomic-keyboard?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 72.67%

This problem started when I accidentally agreed to upgrade to Windows which put that update in my queue I subsequently cancelled the update but the upgrade remained This was a problem for me because Windows could not update itself while the Windows update is in the queue and I have important third party software that won't let itself be installed on an un-updated computer Loop Windows - in Error Stuck computer" Update "restart So I am stuck I called Microsoft and they were able to after much time get rid of the Windows update However they left me in a never-ending loop of quot Restart your computer to install important updates quot and my software still won't install I spent another days on the phone with Microsoft techs and they exhausted their tools and told me reinstalling Windows was my only choice - trying to avoid that I do have a restore point but it's back in May which is doable I guess Windows Update Error - Stuck in "restart computer" Loop but I've had bad luck with restore and am looking to solve this another way More details Restarting from the prompt in Windows Update does nothing Clicking on check for updates tells me I have to restart first I have the original Windows disc that came with the computer but it is a recovery DVD only and did not give me the option of repairing Windows Update I ran scannow and SURT Didn't work I have not got any windows error codes The only update in my history is the KB Windows Update Error - Stuck in "restart computer" Loop hotfix Something the Microsoft techs did removed the other history I uploaded the SFC details file The CBS file is MB zipped so too big to send I also uploaded the batch file the microsoft techs used which didn't work

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/388972-windows-update-error-stuck-restart-computer-loop.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I have been experiencing an issue for the past two hours or so I booted up my laptop 8 at K55VD boot screen. "Please Asus Windows Wait" stuck only to find that the laptop would not boot past the quot Please Wait quot screen From here there is absolutely nothing I can do other than move the cursor I tried looking for a way to boot it into safe mode but I was stunned to find there is no way of doing it without booting into the OS itself at least once and the method of 'turning it off and on three times using the power switch' did nothing From here I have no idea what my options are From what I've read this issue is typically the result of a interrupted update This could very well be the case since I Windows 8 Asus K55VD stuck at "Please Wait" boot screen. unplugged my laptop this morning and set it to shut down so it very well could have run out of energy during the process What can I do from here I should have a recovery drive on the second partition of my Hard Drive however I don't know how I could boot that from the recovery menu in the BIOS options Can Windows 8 Asus K55VD stuck at "Please Wait" boot screen. someone help me with what I can do to fix the problem All help greatly appreciated

A:Windows 8 Asus K55VD stuck at "Please Wait" boot screen.

Hi have you tried CTRL+ALT+DEL that should take you into a menu where on of them is to do a factory reset or run the trouble shooter.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70835-windows-8-asus-k55vd-stuck-please-wait-boot-screen.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello Sorry for making a new thread but it seems this subject needs one as it differs from others So basicly when I ever Stuck screen" - "Shutting 7 down on 110.70 Windows beta Nvidia drive - try to shut down my computer it just Windows 7 - Stuck on "Shutting down screen" - Nvidia 110.70 beta drive gets stuck on the shutting down screen I search through older threads and such and found a way to see if there is any errors at Even Viewer Few days ago I downloaded Nvidia beta driver for my GTX Ti graphic card the version of the driver is Now as it seems from Even Viewer it's causing the problem there was an error with event id Details of the error quot The NVIDIA OpenGL driver detected a problem with the display driver and is unable to continue The application must close Error code Visit Support NVIDIA for more information quot Althought Nvidia seems to be the one causing problem for example yesterday my computer was again stuck on the shutting down screen but I can't see any errors regarding to Nvidia at Event Viewer or for any else application Now I wonder if I should remove the driver and replace it with older stable one or do as done in the older problem which had the same kind of nvidia problem but there the guy just removed Nvidia service Thanks already

A:Windows 7 - Stuck on "Shutting down screen" - Nvidia 110.70 beta drive

Welcome aboard, Kope.

Get rid of the beta driver, and use a known stable version. I recommend GeForce 306.23.Download and install Driver Fusion.
Reboot the computer in Advanced Boot Options, safe mode. Search Driver Fusion in your start menu, and remove all components of your nVidia display driver.
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Drivers > Beta and Legacy; search there with your cards particulars for GeForce 306.23 Driver, dated 13.9.2012 and install it.
Let us know the results ... is the issue still there after making this change?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/268935-windows-7-stuck-shutting-down-screen-nvidia-110-70-beta-drive.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all Long time lurker first time poster I am Recovery Restore" System stuck "please Solved: insert at Partition working on a Gateway MX It was mauled by the Parite virus I used the Dr Web tool to cure all of the files But there are a few quot shaky quot parts so that I m not comfortable with the build Search comes up but there is no dialog etc So I hit F to load the recovery partition D partition on the Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore" physical drive But it looks like it is stuck mid-process I see the Gateway logo on the upper left the words System Recovery on the upper right On the left it is highlighted at Changing CD-ROM Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore" IN the main area of the window there are the words quot Completing Recovery Partition quot at the top and two windows are open in the center The one on the top has System Restore in the title bar of the window with quot please insert System Restore CD DVD now quot The window underneath has quot File copy Please wait quot in the title bar And the drive keep ejecting looking for the CD DVD What I ve done I defeated the PC Angel part so I can see the D partition What I need to do I need to reset this back to the first step so I can use this to reload the OS on the computer I have other builds of XP and I have partition management software So I COULD Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore" just install some other build But I d like to reset the restore partition to the beginning Help please May thanks in advance One Ring nbsp

A:Solved: Recovery Partition stuck at "please insert System Restore"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recovery-partition-stuck-at-please-insert-system-restore.974523/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello It may seem like a simple problem but I know nothing of the subject and I ve had the problem for ages Whenever I copy large files Movie size think MB the copy progresses very remaining" drives "5 sec Copying to/from stuck before for flash on 30 finishing seconds fast MB s until it reaches about where it gets stuck for about seconds to a minute and it says quot Time remaining seconds quot during all that time I have this problem with any flash drive in any USB port amp It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives which leads me to think it s a software windows issue Some vital information Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing The flash drive I mainly use is USB quite new and easily capable of MB s writing speeds It reaches about - MB s during the copy until the final point where it still says MB s but does nothing for seconds USB port is also and I ve also tried every single other port in my computer None are broken and none ever show any signs of being slow The flash drive is NTFS formatted but it used to be FAT I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong but there wasn t It s NTFS since I occasionally need files gt GB I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue but this way doesn t reach speeds of over MB s which takes even longer in the end It does fix the hanging at issue I tried converting the drive back to FAT which removes the issue of it hanging at but again the speed doesn t go above MB s which means it takes longer in the end making it not worth it What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end where it just magically gets stuck for seconds or more before finishing like nothing happened Please advise P S I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware nbsp

A:Copying to/from flash drives stuck on "5 seconds remaining" for 30 sec before finishing

Marty9231 said:

Hello!

It may seem like a simple problem, but I know nothing of the subject and I've had the problem for ages.

Whenever I copy large files (Movie size, think 700MB+), the copy progresses very fast (~100MB/s) until it reaches about 99% where it gets stuck for about 30 seconds to a minute, and it says "Time remaining: 5 seconds" during all that time.

I have this problem with any flash drive, in any USB port (2 & 3). It also happens when copying to network drives and external harddrives, which leads me to think it's a software/windows issue.

Some vital information:

The flash drive I mainly use is USB 3.0, quite new and easily capable of ~150MB/s writing speeds. It reaches about 120-130 MB/s during the copy until the final point where it still says 130 MB/s but does nothing for 30 seconds.

USB port is also 3.0, and I've also tried every single other port in my computer. None are broken, and none ever show any signs of being slow.

The flash drive is NTFS formatted, but it used to be FAT32. I ran checkdisk to see if there was anything wrong, but there wasn't. It's NTFS since I occasionally need files >4GB.

I tried using TeraCopy to bypass the issue, but this way doesn't reach speeds of over 20MB/s which takes even longer in the end. It does fix the 'hanging at 99% issue'.

I tried converting the drive back to FAT32, which removes the issue of it hanging at 99%, but again the speed doesn't go above 20MB/s which means it takes longer in the end, making it not worth it.

What bothers me is that the files transfer at the maximum speed right until the very end, where it just magically gets stuck for 30 seconds or more, before finishing like nothing happened.

Please advise!!

P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware. Click to expand...

Although I've had the same happen on my downloads, this "P.S.: I shamefully have to admit I never safely remove my hardware." could be part of the problem, good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/copying-to-from-flash-drives-stuck-on-5-seconds-remaining-for-30-sec-before-finishing.207001/
Relevancy 72.67%

My aunt just purchased a Dell Inspiron 3455 all-in-one. After Windows installed I would do the basic set-up and set-up the wi-fi connection. Afterwards it would reboot then when it goes to the Windows "just a moment..." screen with the circle of animated dots it will stay on that screen and not do anything. I left it for hours and nothing happened. I tried the installation again without setting up an internet connection and same thing happens. 
What can I do to fix this problem?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19984766
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi,
My computer is stuck on "Setup is starting services" during a recovery and has been like that for a day now. I tried to restore days ago and I turned it off during this same screen and it came up with an Install Windows error "The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation", but I fixed it by diabling some devices and it worked, but now it's stuck. I've lost my computer box when I moved and don't have any recovery disks. Can you please offer any help where I don't have to spend money?

Thanks.

A:eMachines E727 laptop Stuck on "Setup is starting services".

Why did you do a reinstall?

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/202884-emachines-e727-laptop-stuck-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I've gone Windows in Updates" Stuck Update Cycle Perpetual for "Checking through several threads relating to this issue with zero luck so far nbsp Have had this installation of Win x for over a Windows Update Stuck in Perpetual "Checking for Updates" Cycle year with no WU issues nbsp Hadn't updated in Windows Update Stuck in Perpetual "Checking for Updates" Cycle a few weeks so I went to do a manual check today nbsp The netsvcs process w WU locks one of my cores CPU use nbsp Initially Windows Update Stuck in Perpetual "Checking for Updates" Cycle this process accesses a variety of files on the drive but after a few minutes there is absolutely zero further file access from this process nbsp Process never shuts down or releases that CPU I've run the Windows Update Troubleshooter nbsp Had problems the first time rebooted stopped the crypt BITS and WU process nbsp Ran it again it quot fixed quot four issues and claimed that everything was swell nbsp Rebooted ran WU perpetual quot checking quot Walked through the manual process from https support microsoft com en-us kb though I did get a number of errors when trying to register many of the modules in step six nbsp So didn't have much confidence nbsp Anyway continued through the steps rebooted ran WU nbsp No dice Manually downloaded and ran the two updates from https support microsoft com en-us kb and https support microsoft com en-us kb nbsp Both told me they were already installed At this point I'm looking at a complete wipe and reinstall which I'd really rather avoid nbsp Any other bright ideas to resolve this nbsp WU log at https www dropbox com s mt kb qtrjfc WindowsUpdate log dl Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/195eaaa2-eb0a-42d4-aa40-8023d49560a7/windows-update-stuck-in-perpetual-quotchecking-for-updatesquot-cycle?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.67%

As in title. I have an issue where the PC boots up fine, then after I log on the PC hangs up on the loading screen. I system restored from safe mode, and the issue was fixed. Two days later, the issue recurred. Again system restore fixed the problem. Any ideas how to fix it permanently? I did not install anything except the BF3 patch between the two system restores.

Cheers, Notso

A:Windows 7 stuck on "Welcome" screen - system restore fixes temporarily

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

You should be OK here.

Try a Startup Repair, as described in this tutorial: Startup Repair

You may want to run a system file check: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Or a Repair Install: Repair Install

As the problem doesn't occur in safe mode you can also check in Event Viewer for anything untoward as you may have a driver problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/221739-windows-7-stuck-welcome-screen-system-restore-fixes-temporarily.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have an old PC Specs in the Computer specs next to my username It was working fine for a few days but now it gets stuck in a boot loop Safe Mode options don t work repair windows doesn t work either and rather then trying to fix it I decided it needed a format after not using it for about a year I ve burnt Win onto a Disc and onto a USB using the Windows USB DVD Download Tool Configured my BIOS to boot from both which it does however right after the quot Windows is Stuck Solved: - Issues "Starting Win7/8 at Windows" Formatting loading files quot it moves on to quot Starting windows quot and stays on there the WIndows logo doesn t show either Can t figure out why I ve fallen asleep for about an hour waiting for it and from past experiences it usually doesn t take that long My current computer uses Win so I thought I d give that a shot via USB and DVD and same issue It shows the Windows Logo however the Loading circle just continues to spin I ve been stuck there for about an hour now I had a look inside the computer while it was running everything seems to be connected right hasn t been touched so before this post I unplugged everything gave it a nice clean just a cloth not wet and placed every thing back in ALSO what s the difference between these options USB - FDD USB - ZIP USB-CDROM USB-HDD nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Computer info Toshiba Satellite L D-S Processor AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M GHz RAM GB System Type -bit Operating System Windows Professional Service Pack My problems began probably a year ago Started having BSOD s regularly with startup issues Nothing I tried fixed anything Had it in a shop where the first time I was told he shutdown, etc "Starting random stuck at BSOD, screen, Windows" quot fixed some things quot and seemed to be working for about a week and a half when it went back to BSOD, random shutdown, stuck at "Starting Windows" screen, etc BSOD s and startup problems getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen etc Took it back to shop where they wiped it and replaced Windows Within a few weeks I was back to the same issues At this point I actually just put the thing away and solely used my husbands computer Last week after not touching my laptop for several months I had to use it due to a major accident with my husbands The thing worked perfectly for days PERFECTLY Then it started randomly shutting down with no rhyme or reason After a couple of times doing that it started getting stuck at the quot starting Windows quot screen and wanting to run Startup Repair With Startup Repair I get Startup Repair cannot fix problems with this info Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature NoRootCause OS Version Locale Id From the Startup Repair Diagnosis and repair details The only problem listed is Root Cause Found Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem Repair Action System Restore Result Failed Error Code x f Time Taken ms Repair Action System files integrity check and repair Result Failed Error Code x Time Taken ms I d be so grateful for any assistance that can be provided Please be aware that although I am not a complete novice about fixing or exploring problem issues I am certainly not a tech and have no education either formal or casual I can follow clear directions well and report my results accurately I would sincerely appreciate any help I really cannot spend anymore with a tech when my issues are not resolved by doing so and I NEED the computer My husband owns his own business and I work a small side business from home I have no idea where to even start at this point Thanks so much nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

I'm using laptop lenovo T430U, when doing system recovery process until half ways my laptop no battery then shut down. After that Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.
2. Choose your langugae settings, and then click next
3. Click "repair your computer."

Can someone help me or tell me how to get it past the windows is loading files?

A:Stuck at "windows is loading files" when doing a system recovery

How do you know your battery caused it to shut down? Does it complete Recovery? Are you using disks or Lenovo One-Key Recovery? How do I recover my system using ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery

Make sure you are on AC power and try again.

If Recovery won't run you can get a much better install doing a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. Everything is provided in the blue link to get and keep a perfect install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/329183-stuck-windows-loading-files-when-doing-system-recovery.html
Relevancy 72.67%

When booting the laptop XP SP is screen [SOLVED] -2nd up" stuck starting down laptop is at"Windows stuck at the quot Windows is starting up quot window First the log-in screen where you enter user name and password pops up only for less than a second than it beeps and the screen disappears Usually this screen stays on and I change the user name from quot administrator quot to a different [SOLVED] stuck at"Windows is starting up" screen -2nd laptop down user name I can start the laptop in the save mode but I cannot switch to a different user I guess this is normal I would like to backup files stored under the user name Is there any way to switch users in the safe mode What can I do get over the stuck quot Windows is starting up quot screen I cannot go online with the laptop - the Wifi network is not working not showing up at all is this normal in the safe mode This is a friends laptop I borrowed- my laptop has major issues as well Virus Malware overwrites everything After the major issues with my laptop I installed and run Malwarebytes on my friends laptop just in case The software found nothing Zonealarm and Avira are installed and were always up to date I'm really desperate Now the second laptop is down I feel sooo bad about my friends laptop - Please help me fix it Both laptops are running legal Windows XP versions - installed on them when bought

A:[SOLVED] stuck at"Windows is starting up" screen -2nd laptop down

Can you get into the Administrator account via "safe Mode"? Do you have a Windows XP CD? You might need it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-stuck-at-and-quot-windows-is-starting-up-and-quot-screen-2nd-laptop-down-880033.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My home page is stuck on quot http homepage com "http://homepage.com/" page stuck on change Home can't quot Home page stuck on "http://homepage.com/" can't change I don t know what the site is about be it getting annoing I ve been reading some the other threads that talk about a similar problem with the site quot coolwwwsearch quot I have followed the instructions there but have had no luck I would appreciate any help from anyone who can Home page stuck on "http://homepage.com/" can't change help I have downloaded the HijackThis program and this is the current log entry Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Home page stuck on "http://homepage.com/" can't change system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C WINDOWS System inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe C WINDOWS Mixer exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System taskmgr exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe F Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C temp hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http homepage com www e-finder cc hp obfuscated O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run C-Media Mixer Mixer exe startup O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus CX C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S IC EXE P quot EPSON Stylus CX quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus CX quot O - HKLM Run System Service C WINDOWS System msrexe exe O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Startup BHODemon lnk C Program Files BHODemon BHODemon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk F Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res F PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Messenger HKLM O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - WWW Prefix http O - DPF - - - - - file C Program Files Internet Explorer ypbtuwdw exe O - DPF - - - - - ms-its mhtml file C ss MHT http chm chm e exe O - DPF F C AA- B- -BA - A BB F Update Class - http v windowsupdate microsoft com CAB x unicode iuctl CAB O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip A F - - C - C -E B A NameServer I have also found that Internet Explore is adding code to any web page that I open It adds quot lt script language quot JavaScript quot gt eval String fromCharCode lt script gt quot to the beginning of th page and quot lt script language quot JavaScript quot gt var rsc kw found lt script gt quot to the end of the page nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

Hi hi So we recently changed our telephone cable at it was really old and crappy and this involved moving the modem quite a bit Just to make sure everything was clean and dandy we reset ted the modem router I am on a HP Pavilion DV EX NOTEBOOK My network card is a quot Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller quot connection, problem "Identifying", stuck 169.XX at internet IP Wired with uptodate drivers My modem's model no is irrelevant as I have established that it is not the cause read ahead I have PCs connected to the modem both are recieving internet and one of them was used to setup the WIFI settings We have a third cable going to a VoIP device that is switched off Now this th slot is where I am inserting my ethernet cable for my laptop However my windows is just showing it Wired connection, internet stuck at "Identifying", 169.XX IP problem stuck at identifying network Every other device is working perfectly fine Quote I have tried the following - gt Changing ports on the modem NO CHANGE - gt Changing Cable NO CHANGE Wired connection, internet stuck at "Identifying", 169.XX IP problem - gt ipconfig Wired connection, internet stuck at "Identifying", 169.XX IP problem renew ipconfig reset NO CHANGE - gt Check services msc to make sure all relevant services are started STARTED - gt Restarting modem computer network card NO CHANGE - gt Uninstalling network card's drivers and re-installing the latest ones NO CHANGE While connected via cable and recieving the identifying stuck sign I went to Quote gt Control Panel Network and Internet Network Connections gt status gt details The window shows THIS Please help me Ive spend on this laptop wasnt so smart when I was buying and I pay for my internet I live in a shitty place and this piece of crap has been a constant source of pain From switchable graphics causing issues in games over heating AMD driver issues and now this

A:Wired connection, internet stuck at "Identifying", 169.XX IP problem

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Assign a static IP:
Assigning static IP address on Linksys E3000 router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/286176-wired-connection-internet-stuck-identifying-169-xx-ip-problem.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My laptop will not load, I have even tried to use the win 7 setup disc. Nothing is working and my screen is stuck on the blue setup is starting screen. It does not give me the agreement screen. I switched to make my cd/DVD rom load first still not loading. I tried safe mode and that doesn't go through either. My system does not pass the Short DST mode either

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390064-win-7-clean-install-not-working-pc-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This morning my computer did windows update. After the reboot it got to the welcome screen and
the monitor went black. Upon reboot I had one long 3 short beeps. I restart again and am stuck in
a boot up loop of "failure configuring windows updates - Reverting changes - Do not turn off your
computer.
I also cannot access safe mode. Pulled out video card and started. plugged back in
video card and got to a start up repaire screen. Chose system restore.. While this is attempting restore repairs is there anything else I can try if this fails? My goal is to unistall the updates that were put on this morning.

(EDIT: This system restore from recovery menu sure seems to be taking a long time)

A:Todays updates failed - Now stuck in a "boot loop?"

Startup repair done --

NOT IN PICTURE
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
LocaleID: 1033

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/360114-todays-updates-failed-now-stuck-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 72.67%

When I try to connect my Win XP or my Win machines to my Vista machine which uses dial-up k BTW for internet access the connection gets stuck at Identifying Unidentified Network and I thus only have local access to the connected machines This access Vista PCs to "Identifying"; Can't stuck at internet. connecting issue occurs whether I connect using wired or adhoc My other computers can connect to each other and thus the net as well without any hassles whatsoever in fact Vista itself PCs connecting to Vista stuck at "Identifying"; Can't access internet. can inversly connect to my other PCs and access the internet without any issues x I am going to assume that the problem lies with my Vista pc I've already run a ipconfig all command for convienence Can someone help me out Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Randy gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Thomp NBook Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled PCs connecting to Vista stuck at "Identifying"; Can't access internet. No PPP adapter Bellsouth net Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bellsouth net Physical Address DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Mbps Networking Controller Physical Address - F- - E-CA-E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- - - F DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Randy gt

A:PCs connecting to Vista stuck at "Identifying"; Can't access internet.

Hello bluestorm05 and welcome to the forums

Uninstall Driver

1. Open the start menu
2. In the search box, type Device Manager and open it
3. Expand the Network adapters category by clicking on the little + sign
4. Right click on your adapter and select Uninstall
5. Reboot your computer after that finishes

When your computer has finished rebooting, run the attached script

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/290720-pcs-connecting-vista-stuck-identifying-cant-access-internet.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I installed win recently and activated it The updates dont seem to install automatically I have tried many FixIt and manuall installation past to days but nothing worked The maximum I could go was getting quot updates available quot alert Even if I select one update out of those it just loops forever in checking searching for updates I installed Win hoping that would resolve it but coudnt activate win due to clean install So I have now reinstalled win but again stuck in same place I tried installing System Update readiness tool and its running for around hours now But the CBS log file's stuck updates" Update forever Windows for in "Checking last update timestamp seems to have stopped an hour before I checked the posting instructions and it says wait for few hours after running SRUT before posting I see a dialog box with title quot Windows Update standalone installer quot and message quot Searching for updates on this computer quot Attached CBS folder Please advise Regards Shah

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/383711-windows-update-stuck-forever-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I went to Microsoft Update. I was installing SP1. On shutdown (and now on boot) I just get the "Configuring Service Pack, 8% Complete, Do not turn off your computer." When I went to bed it was at 8%, when I woke up it was at 8%.

Luckily I have an Ubuntu dual boot. That allows me to post this message.

Is it even possible to do a system restore (restore to a past restore point) now?

I have a W7 recovery disk.

A:Stalled "Configuring Service Pack" SP1 Install Stuck at 8%

If you already made a Windows 7 system repair disc with the Windows 7 "Backup & Restore" utility in Control Panel, you can boot from that to run System Restore and choose a restore point provided you did not disable System Restore when Windows was working okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stalled-configuring-service-pack-sp1-install-stuck-at-8.997320/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi, I've had my laptop since December, got it used but it was 100% in working order. Out of nowhere, this morning I turned it on to email resumes out and it froze after I logged on. I couldn't restart by pressing ctrl+alt+delete x2 and I had to hold the power button down for about a minute or two before it actually shut off. I ended up googling and found a suggestion to restore the system. I have tried this twice now, first time I left the room and came back 2 hours later and it was stuck on "system restore is initializing" screen so I held down the power button. I'm on my third attempt and its been on the same screen again for over 3 hours. What happened? How do I get my laptop to work again?!

A:Laptop stuck in "system restore is initializing" screen

Hello, what is the operating system please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-in-system-restore-is-initializing-screen.1143282/
Relevancy 72.67%

I've had this problem for 3 days now, and I'm frustrated beyond belief. Whenever I go to shut down my computer, I'm always stuck in "shutting down" or "restarting" with the circle loading animation playing below it. I'd leave it on throughout the whole day, and the computer would just never turn off, forcing me to hold the power button every time.

I need some solutions, because I've already tried a lot of things

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/61858-computer-will-not-shut-down-stuck-shutting-down-loading-screen.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all Just installed Windows on my laptop a Lenovo ThinkPad SL dual-booted with GNU Linux The laptop came with Windows Vista long ago but I wiped that and have been running just linux for ages but now I need both OSs available Everything worked fine under Vista Throughout the installation and afterwards I found myself with a resolution of x and only colours this was very clearly wrong as things looked pretty weird and I later checked the numbers After installing I let Windows Update do its thing and then installed the latest drivers for my GPU an nVidia G m from the nVidia website But the colours remained broken I opened up Device Manager and found my GPU which had a yellow next to it and got the message quot This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use Code quot So it looks like Windows is using integrated graphics rather than 16 "Code resolution on stuck on 12" colours GPU; and 800x600 laptop the GPU I found this page on "Code 12" on laptop GPU; stuck on 16 colours and 800x600 resolution the Lenovo website which has instructions for installing a quot monitor file quot which says is needed when you use non-pre-installed Windows http support lenovo com en US deta cID MIGR- however when trying to follow the instructions lower down on that page under the Monitor tab "Code 12" on laptop GPU; stuck on 16 colours and 800x600 resolution in "Code 12" on laptop GPU; stuck on 16 colours and 800x600 resolution the Advanced Settings dialog accessed from Screen Resolution the Properties button was for me greyed out so I couldn't do what it said What could be wrong Many many thanks

A:"Code 12" on laptop GPU; stuck on 16 colours and 800x600 resolution

D'oh. Disabled something I shouldn't have in the BIOS. Sorry to bother y'all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/196339-code-12-laptop-gpu-stuck-16-colours-800x600-resolution.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all,

I'm not very pc-savvy so please bear with me..

Last night I was trying to update my iPhone to 4.0 using iTunes, and since it takes a long time I just went to bed and let it do its thing overnight. Come morning and my computer is restarted, stuck at "Boot from CD..", and my iPhone is still at 3.1, not updated. So something happened in the middle of the night... ? iPhone also froze in the morning as I tried to use it and I had to restart it. Not sure if it's what messed up my PC but I'm just stating the circumstances.

I tried to mess around with the BIOS and make it start from the hard drive, and now it's stuck at "verifying DMI Pool Data". Please help?

It's a rather old Gateway from 2005 and I'm using Windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

A:Stuck at boot screen "Verifying DMI Pool Data"

Solved... I found my old Windows CD and I rebooted from it.. I still don't understand what happened though........

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-boot-screen-verifying-dmi-pool-data.957402/
Relevancy 72.67%

G day I m wondering if anyone could help me with this problem I m having The other day I installed a few microsoft security updates as per usual I can t recall the exact names I think they were mostly xp service updates I shut my computer down and the next day booted it up however once it went through the XP loading screen it got stuck Before it got to the login screen with my username it went to a black screen with only the mouse cursor I left it loading for a number of hours but to no prevail it just stayed on the black screen with the mouse cursor After reading several forums I chose to do a system repair using my installation disk I installed and repaired the system and upon rebooting it went to the Installation welcome screen where it says quot setup will complete in approximately minutes quot The only thing is this never changes It stays on this with no change to minutes" will "setup in in Stuck 39 complete loop approximately the time even after leaving Stuck in loop "setup will complete in approximately 39 minutes" it for hours I ve tried restarting it several times and taking out the CD but still get the same thing I opened up the setupapi log file hoping the problem was in there but it wasn t Im guessing that it s a fault with my Video Card that won t make it progress as whenever I play games from a CD they always get stuck and freeze I don t particularly want to go pulling my computer apart mainly because I don t know that much about the insides of computers Could anyone please give me some suggestions as to what I can do I m running a Medion PC type MED MT on Windows XP Cheers Tim nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-loop-setup-will-complete-in-approximately-39-minutes.940303/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey I currently have a problem with not beeing able to access my D drive Here is some info and the story from working to not working Computer MSI Wind u Notebook OS Windows XP Home edition SP Using a partition drive Story problem Recently i got the hall dll error on my comp My first problem was fixing this While trying to boot my comp in safe mode to apply fixes i discovered that my MSI wind had this quot repair quot mode which basicly is formatting my C drive partition I didnt mind formatting that Access sollutions, Got "D:\ a Tried is Issue. searching, tried denied" still stuck. drive as all my important stuff is on D so i went ahead Finally i could start my Computer I was relieved Went straight to the D drive to start backuping Hurray quot D Access is denied quot There is just no way i can acces my drive i Got a "D:\ Access is denied" Issue. Tried searching, tried sollutions, still stuck. know my files are still in there because the space is still in use and when trying to get owners right it quot scrolls quot my files The thing i tried to do After searching around i learned i could try getting ownership I went through all the steps in the guide for ownership safe mode my comp security advanced owners chose admin group click yes after the quot scan quot but no luck I really need my files from the D drive i Dont mind pulling them out with another comp or a USB stick etc I can format the drive when my files are safe Any help on this matter would be extremely welcome Thanks in advance

A:Got a "D:\ Access is denied" Issue. Tried searching, tried sollutions, still stuck.

Check to make sure the "repair" mode didn't change your SP level, some repair disks will put you at SP1 or SP2, there are times this error will appear if the drive was setup in a higher SP. SP's are downward compatible, but not upward.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/got-a-d-access-is-denied-issue-tried-searching-tried-sollutions-still-stuck-354173.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello Sevenforums Notebook HP ProBook s OS Windows x bit Did not buy from hp bought from a guy at loading Stuck "Windows files" black screen is after Yesterday my explorer Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files" got stuck so i had to restart the laptop by pressing the power button i turned it on and then Startup repair appeared i left it to complete and then i went to sleep The next day i woke up i opened my laptop and then quot Windows is loading files quot appeared and afterwards a black screen appears and it stays there forever I read many solutions but none of them seemed to work Such as -Removing the battery and the AC adapter and then press power button for seconds -Entering safe mode and doing a full recovery I cannot access safe mode using F I can only access the ESC which is the bios and these stuff If anyone can help i would be grateful because ill probably pay and up Im extremely sure that this problem happened because of AVG free antivirus that i installed i installed the antivirus about week ago and i never restarted the pc until then only putting it into sleep mode But this time it got restarted with some strange things happening when it was restarting and it mentioned some of the AVG files deleting stuff I dont know im really in need of help

A:Stuck at black screen after "Windows is loading files"

Hello and welcome Majd have a read throughtis and see if there are any thngs you can use . Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If you can get into safe mode at all get rid of the AVG - it is crap.

Did this bloke give you any recovery media ?? and usually factory installed machines have factory restore partitions so can you let us know exactly what model this machine is please - I know you have quoted a number but have good look underneath and look for yourself before we go any further .

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397527-stuck-black-screen-after-windows-loading-files.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a Dell desktop computer with windows xp. The internert was working fine until i connected my Moto Q phone to it and since then i have been getting "acquiring network address". The computer is connected a router with 3 other computer and all the other are working fine.

A:Can't access the internet at all; Stuck on "acquiring network address"

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Make and model of the broadband modem.
Make and model of the router.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make/model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP2, Vista, etc.

Also, please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

On any problem computer, I'd also like to see this:

Start, Run, CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-access-the-internet-at-all-stuck-on-acquiring-network-address.653565/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all,
I'd like to start out by saying, my computer knowledge is rather basic, so please, bare with me.

I've recently purchased a pre-made desktop. Upon arrival and start up today- I got the window's recovery error screen stating that hardware/software changes may be at fault. I have only the basics plugged in-I have tried unplugging them all and making sure all connections are secure, trying my old graphics card, and even dropping the ram down to 2gb. I cannot start in safe mode, nor window's normally. Whatever I choose, it goes to the window loading screen with the little orbs for about 10 seconds and restarts my computer. And ends up going to the recovery screen again. I have a reinstallation cd, but it wont read it. I have yet to call tech support for the manufacturer, but I am hoping this is something I can fix. Any ideas?

A:Stuck on "Window's Recovery Error/Restart" Loop

You say your computer is almost brand new...and I would imagine under some form of warranty.

A new computer should not be presenting with the problems you have listed - & we volunteers should not be putting at risk the rights,YOU, the consumer has under that warranty...
Be aware that attempting any subsequent hardware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty.

I strongly suggest that you should seek further advice asap.
Under Warranty terms a duty of care applies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226758-stuck-windows-recovery-error-restart-loop.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I've created a bootable Windows 7 usb using Rufus. But when I go to boot it (by changing First Boot Device in BIOS to Removable), it just gets stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...". What's wrong?

I even checked the usb drive using MobaLiveCD, and it works fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/402567-cannot-boot-windows-usb-stuck-verifying-dmi-pool-data.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I'm not sure if this belongs to here or quot Windows update quot section but I'll post it anyway Basically after disabling unchecking internet explorer and media features from quot turn Windows features on or off quot it prompted me to restart the system and ultimately I was stuck on that quot preparing to configure quot page for three hours or so I got fed up with the waiting which I tried CTRL ALT delete to bring up login menu however it somehow froze the spinning wheel and I wasn't able to do anything As a result I pressed the reset button not holding down power button and it booted normally with the usual safe mode options showing up due to force shut down Before the welcome page showing up there was a quick quot reconfiguring Windows quot page which it only took couple of seconds until my desktop showed up I checked the quot turn Windows features on or off quot again and good? all Windows...", configure "preparing Stuck on rebooted to and the boxes for those two settings were empty and thus got rid of IE Windows media player and such from the start menu etc successfully So I guess everything went okay except for being stuck on the loading page and force shut down I'm a bit worried about this new problem as I haven't experienced it before Doing a quick search indicates that most of the time it happens during Windows update which I haven't encountered yet as well I want to ask if this is something I need to worry about Should I revert back to before making those changes via system restore How do I prevent this problem from happening again in future

A:Stuck on "preparing to configure Windows...", rebooted and all good?

I'd only revert if the problem becomes chronic.

You may notice you need IE for certain web functions the OS uses. I always leave it as a backup browser. It's not that bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344942-stuck-preparing-configure-windows-rebooted-all-good.html
Relevancy 72.67%

My wife downloaded the most recent update for windows 7 pro. Upon reboot, the pc is stuck in the "please wait" screen. Have tried safe mode, safe more with networking. Nothing seems to work. Is anyone else having issues with the update? Any advice?

A:Dowloaded update and stuck on "please wait" screen on reboot

how long have you tried waiting to see if the system was just taking awhile to process the update for whatever reason?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/367207-dowloaded-update-stuck-please-wait-screen-reboot.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a Lenovo G500S Touch running Windows 8.1. I am stuck in the endless loop, which I've researched and still haven't found a solution. For many hours, all it would do is just show a black screen with "Lenovo" on it. Then it went into this loop, and nothing I do can get out of it. Help??

A:Lenovo laptop stuck in "Automatic Repair loop"

Note: I can get the "Startup Settings" screen, but following that, I CANNOT get the options to select; so I can't select, say, Safe Mode, or whatever.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-laptop-stuck-in-automatic-repair-loop.1156782/
Relevancy 72.67%

This just started happening this weekend, sunday, and I have no idea what it is? Its bugging the crap out of me cause i have no way doing any thing in terms of getting support, as i have to use my neighbors computer. It eventually loads the page after about 10 minutes or so. I really need to figure this out! Please Help me If you know the problem!

A:IE Stuck at "website found, waiting for reply" and NEVER LOADS!

http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/IEFAQ.htm Tips #21 & 46
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/26.html
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/27.html
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-stuck-at-website-found-waiting-for-reply-and-never-loads-468146.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello Last night I turned off my computer normally Windows" in "Starting CD - installation/repair Even Stuck in logo The only thing different was that it installed some updates before turning off This morning when I turned it on I noticed that it got stuck on the quot Starting Windows quot logo screen I turned it off forcing it and turned it on again and asked me if Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD I wanted to start normally or repair When I clicked repair it got stuck on the loading bar thing At first the f button Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD wouldn't work but after a few tries it did and I can't get in safe mode either it gets stuck I gave up and since the computer is pretty much new so I don't have much installed on it I decided to just reformat it but even in the disk it gets stuck I downloaded a repair disc and it is stuck in the loading bar with the Microsoft Corportation below EDIT So I noticed when opening it up that the mobo has a red light located in the front panel header thing next to it it says LED R I'm not completely sure what it means but with my luck it probably died on me Should i post this in the mobo's section It was probably the updates so if I could somehow get it to unistall last night's updates and maybe preventing it from updating again since I'm freaked out it will get fixed maybe The question is how System specs System Manufacturer Model Number Built it myself OS Windows CPU intel quad core ghz Motherboard xfx i sli nforce Memory gb corsair gaming memory Graphics Card s pny nvidia geforce gts Sound Card on board sound Monitor s Displays vizio plasma tv Hard Drive gb WD HDD PSU watt Corsair Case CM Cooling Thermaltake V Thanx in advance

A:Stuck in "Starting Windows" logo - Even in installation/repair CD

Lot's of issues with this mobo: http://www.google.com/search?q=LED1+...ient=firefox-a

Go into the BIOS and reset the board to default values.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-in-starting-windows-logo-even-in-installation-repair-cd-489239.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi
I've been trying to set up a few second hand laptops for a charity youth club. One went without a hitch, one won't update Windows at all.

It's running Windows 7 SP1, I've tried various fixes but nothing seems to be working.

I've followed the instructions on the post. Attached is my CBS log zip file. I don't have any error codes as it just sits on "Checking for Updates".

Interestingly the first time I ran the SURT it just sat for over 8 hours on "Checking for Updates" as well. Second time, after a power down & reboot it did it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This was meant to be a quick favour & now turning into a long job!

Thanks

Nick

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/401970-windows-update-reset-but-still-stuck-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I recently set up a computer running windows xp at a new house that already has a secure charter network. I am using a wireless n-1 belkin usb adapter to connect and every time it recieves a signal, and gets to the aquiring network address stage and sits there for about a minute before telling me there is no connection. When I click on the details link off of the popup for this it tells me that the network would not assign a network address. I know that the network itself is working fine because I have this computer hooked up the same way. Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

A:Connection utility stuck on "aquiring network address"

Well, from the description, it sounds like you either don't have the correct encryption key, or MAC filtering is enabled on the router and your MAC address isn't in the table.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-utility-stuck-on-aquiring-network-address.790716/
Relevancy 72.67%

I just installed a new motherboard into my compaq preserio and when the computer starts up I am greeted with a black screen that says "loading operating system...". When I plug the original motherboard in I am greeted with a black screen, nothing happens after that. I have already installed the new motherboard's drivers but thats was when it crashed. I ran a diagnostic on it and it gave me error BIOHD 3, which I believe means that the drivers couldnt be found. So I am stuck at a stand still until I can find a fix.

A:Stuck at black screen that says "loading operating system"

Usually, after a motherboard change, a Clean Install Windows 7 is needed .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/205422-stuck-black-screen-says-loading-operating-system.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi all I m having what seems to me a weird networking problem I ve spent the last day looking up and trying suggestions online to no avail so thought I d describe it here and see if anyone has any other ideas Here s what s happened days ago my Gateway laptop running Windows Home Premium bit began to intermittently lose internet connection I d have connection long enough to click through a few links about seconds maybe but then lose it and get the yellow warning triangle on the networking icon Any webpages loading would eventually time out After a minute or so the connection would be back only to go out again soon thereafter I contacted my ISP home, on at issues network no elsewhere One "Identifying" Laptop stuck Suddenlink when this began Sunday and they said they d had some outages reported However my wife s laptop had no issues nor did my tablet or Xbox I was able to stream an entire baseball game Sunday afternoon while continuing to have intermittent connection on my laptop Monday morning this was still happening so I started searching for ideas online I confirmed that the connection worked fine when wired to the router I tried various things none of which resolved the problem I am sure I won t remember them all but here are what I do remember Powered One Laptop stuck on "Identifying" network at home, no issues elsewhere modem and router off and back on Ran complete malwarebytes scan and MSE scan found nothing Disabled and enabled wireless card Turned off windows firewall tried to connect no dice turned it back on Did a system restore to several days before the problem started Changed it from automatic DNS to an assigned DNS server tried both Google s and OpenDNS s Changed it from automatically assigned IP to manually configured One Laptop stuck on "Identifying" network at home, no issues elsewhere I wasn t sure what IP address to assign What I did was find the IP address on my wife s laptop and replace the last number which was for her with a Cleared flush the DNS cache I also reset a few things in the command prompt but I can t remember what and now can t find the website that suggested that I believe they have returned things having to do with tcp to defaults I attempted to update the firmware on my Linksys router but foolishly forgot to plug in the LAN and it lost connection mid-update After that the internet didn t work for any device in the house Oops I went out to buy a new router and while I was out took my laptop to a Panera to try to determine whether the problem was with the router or my computer I surfed the net for an hour there and never lost connection Confidently believing to have pinpointed the router as the problem I set up my new router Internet again works fine for all other devices on the network Internet works fine when I plug my laptop into the router with an Ethernet cable But my laptop can t connect wirelessly In the Network and Sharing Center the wireless connection gets stuck on Identifying for about seconds then the icons briefly indicate a connection then it immediately goes back to Identifying This repeats indefinitely I ve got absolutely no computer or networking expertise so I m out of ideas If the other computers on our home network weren't working I'd think the problem was with the router or modem If my computer hadn't worked on a differnet network I'd think that the problem was with the computer maybe the wireless cared But now I don't know what to think I attempted to contact Gateway support but apparently my warranty has expired Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Folks in the threads I read tend to ask for ipconfig all so I ll go ahead and post that If there s any other info that would be helpful please just ask Thanks Steve C Windows system gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Steve-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Belkin Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Co... Read more

A:One Laptop stuck on "Identifying" network at home, no issues elsewhere

From the ipconfig you are showing a valid IP for both connections so most likely something is blocking the wireless from connecting. Most likely which ever third party anti virus software you have may be blocking the connection.

Removing the Atheros wireless driver in Device Manager and rebooting may also help to get the correct driver installed.

Also it's best to go to the Network and Sharing Center, look left for "Manage Wireless Connections" remove the old profile and create a new one using the new credentials. I really don't see any problems at all with the ipconfig and you should be connected.

You could also try uninstalling which ever third party A/V is being used with the special uninstall tool.

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/292579-one-laptop-stuck-identifying-network-home-no-issues-elsewhere.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I've had my Dell Inspiron for a few months now but from the time I first booted it up I've been riddled with problems My latest one concerns the wireless connection After using the built in wireless card for a few minutes it will suddenly cut out and show as alternating between having full connection and only one bar every second or so Other devices at the same range have no problem when this occurs and it doesn't happen while wired A very temporary work around as in a few minutes is to diagnose the adapter within control panel So far I've gotten around this by using an external wireless adapter However that too has its fair share of problems Its status will suddenly show that I have no internet access again other devices at the same distance work perfectly fine Diagnosing it does nothing and disabling and reenabling of through the Network Adapters window in the control panel shows a window saying quot Enabling quot with the loading Built-in stuck adapter on network problems "Enabling..." and icon as the cursor and seems to freeze on that Any help for either or both of these problems is much appreciated Cheers

A:Built-in network adapter problems and stuck on "Enabling..."

Hi AJMac and welcome to Seven Forums. Have you tried uninstalling the driver for your wireless adapter and then reinstalling it? If you go to the Dell website you should be able to download the driver for your wireless adapter and give that a shot. Support for Home Users | Dell US

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/271387-built-network-adapter-problems-stuck-enabling.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have BSOD every time I power off my PC I've read Blue Screen of Death BSOD Posting Instructions - Windows amp Vista but while I was Collection App Stuck "Waiting BSOD at Sysnative for - SystemInfo" on the step the program quot SysnativeBSODCollectionApp exe quot got stuck at quot Waiting for SystemInfo quot OS - Windows Sysnative BSOD Collection App - Stuck at "Waiting for SystemInfo" or Vista x -bit or x bit What was the original installed OS on the system Windows Home Premium SP language Italian Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Approximate age of system hardware Approximate age of OS installation if you know Have you re-installed the OS no CPU See file quot CPU-z html quot Video Card MotherBoard if NOT a laptop Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop System Manufacturer Packard Bell Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom ixtreme M Laptop or Desktop Desktop Kernel dump minidump PERFMON SysnativeFileCollectionApp amp CPU-z https drive google com folderview amp usp drive web

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sysnative-bsod-collection-app-stuck-at-waiting-for-systeminfo-1047618.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hey guys currently using home premium 32bit but got pro upgrade 64 bit so had to do the custom install from booting with the disk

I choose the language, keyboard layout etc, choose custom install, pick the hard drive and it goes to the installing screen.

When part 2 of the install screen is almost done it said installation will continue after the computer restarts.
After it restarts, it just stays on the "starting windows" screen and the windows logo never shows. It wa son there for hours. I restarted by pressing the restart button and it continued back on the step 2 and them same thing, restart and then continue later but now the screen is just stuck on the "starting windows" screen.

Any ideas????

Thanks

A:Custom setup stuck on "starting windows" screen

Never mind, I unplugged things and it's all good

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/161258-custom-setup-stuck-starting-windows-screen.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello experts,
I am deploying windows 7 images to HP Z420 workstations using WDS (Server 2008 R2). The deployment is stuck at "setup is installing devices 98%" Is it possible to see where it's hanging?
Thanks!

A:Windows 7 Deployment stuck at "setup is installing devices"

yes you can check in the setupact log in \windows\panther on the machine.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/01e16886-de6c-4e3f-a374-31844f0c756f/windows-7-deployment-stuck-at-quotsetup-is-installing-devicesquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 72.67%

I just installed Windows 7 on my desktop and whenever the login screen appears and I login, I see "Welcome" for about two seconds then "Preparing your desktop..". The icon beside "Preparing your desktop..." spins for about a second then it freezes, and remains frozen. I've left it for 10 minutes and nothing, the icon hasn't started spinning again and I see no desktop.

I've already booted into safe mode and made sure all services were disabled except Microsoft's.

My video card is a GT320.

What can I do?

A:New install, stuck on "Preparing your desktop...", disabled services

Which user account did you use in safe mode? As this is a new installation, try going into safemode again, creating a new user account. If the new account works just delete the old one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/297684-new-install-stuck-preparing-your-desktop-disabled-services.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Picked up a computer from "Windows did successfully" Reboot a - Loop Stuck start not in my parents the other night that has stopped working When it is turned on it goes throught the normal process of recognising the BIOS running some checks on processor memory clock primary master etc but once these checks are done it jumps to the screen that says We apologize for the inconveneince Windows did not start successfully etc and then asks me to select from Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe Mode with command prompt Last known configuration Start Windows normally What ever one of these I pick it goes back in the same loop and I end up back at this screen I ve tried to boot of the XP CD but when it says the CD is starting windows it just hangs I ve scrathced all ove rthe web trying to find an answer for this problem posted somewhere but either I m describing it incorrectly in a search probably or none exist unlikely H E L P Matt NorthAvoca Australia nbsp

A:Stuck in a Reboot Loop - "Windows did not start successfully"

Ok, there may be many causes to this issue, but having testing it on a old computer running Windows XP of mine, i deleted the critical Windows Files, purposely REMOVED all nessacary start up items, and PURPOSELY downloaded a Trojan Horse on to it...

I rebooted it.

1. It hung on reboot
2. It finally rebooted
3. It came up with the same message you got
4. I get the same never ending loop on the experimented computer.

Solution?
This is hard, but usually if the Windows Files are corrupt or missing there are 3 solutions, providing you can even get ThAt far!

Solution 1: Boot to a command prompt and run a sfc /scannow. Insert the OS Install Disc when asked to do so and voila, Windows Files have been repaired/replaced. (You may not be able to do this, as i said, 'If you can get that far')

Solution 2: Boot to a command prompt with a bootable CD ROM and run chkdsk /f.

Solution 3. Reformat..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-in-a-reboot-loop-windows-did-not-start-successfully.474139/
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this problem I'm having The other day I installed a few microsoft security updates Stuck Complete XP "Setup Repair Approximately" Loop In in Will - as per usual I can't recall the exact names I think they were mostly xp service updates I shut my computer down and the next day booted it up however once it went through the XP loading screen it got stuck Before it got to the login screen with my username it went to a black screen with only the mouse cursor I left it loading for a number of hours but to no prevail it just stayed on the black screen with the mouse cursor After reading several forums I chose to do a system repair using my installation disk I installed and repaired the system and upon rebooting it went to the Installation welcome screen where it says quot setup will complete in approximately minutes quot The only thing is this never changes It stays on this with no change to the time even after leaving it for hours I've tried restarting it several times and taking out the CD but still get the same thing I opened up the setupapi log file hoping the problem was in there but it wasn't Im guessing that it's a fault with my Video Card that won't make it progress as whenever I play games from a CD they always get stuck and freeze I don't particularly want to go pulling my computer apart mainly because I don't know that much about the insides of computers Could anyone please give me some suggestions as to what I can do I'm running a Medion PC type MED MT on Windows XP Thanks Tim

A:XP Repair - "Setup Will Complete In Approximately" Stuck in Loop

Welcome to TSF

Yeah possibly your video card. Does the system have on-board video too? Remove the card and try to continue with the repair to see if it gets past that point. Then replace the video card. If you have no on-board video try another card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-repair-setup-will-complete-in-approximately-stuck-in-loop-503045.html