Windows Support Forum

Faulty motherboard, but want to copy HDD

Q: Faulty motherboard, but want to copy HDD

The motherboard on my friends PC is completely gone, but the data on the hard disk is needed on a new one.

What's the best way to copy data off an old HDD when the new PC is set up?

All details, or pointers, much appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Faulty motherboard, but want to copy HDD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Faulty motherboard, but want to copy HDD

You can just take the old hard drive and hook it up inside the new computer, be sure to get the correct jumper settings. The old one is likely jumpered to Master, so if its not going on its own seperate IDE ribbon you'll need to set it to slave.

After that its just a matter of finding the files that you want copied over. There is a chance you will run into ownership issues and not have access to the directories in which the files are contained. If that is the case please read: How to solve ACCESS DENIED error when accessing data from different XP/2000 install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-motherboard-but-want-to-copy-hdd.63179/
Relevancy 68.8%

Sorry card? Solved: Faulty graphics Or motherboard? faulty that this is quite long but I want to give complete details as to the problem rather than just giving a vague problem Nvidia GT card has been overclocked for the last year Original Stable OC Before Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? you panic Solved: Faulty graphics card? Or faulty motherboard? it s been stable and temps have been fine lt My motherboard is a Asus P N-E SLI board The computer is dual boot to Vista for general use and XP x for games ONLY XP IS OVERCLOCKED Vista is not overclocked at all Only the GPU is overclocked in the computer Now the problems started when I moved the computer All the games on x crashed unless I underclocked the machine except UT ancient game which garbled the graphics weapon textures on walls etc I found out it was because somehow the card wasn t plugged in properly - so I pushed it back and I was able to play again Since then sometimes the card is alright and other times it isn t The other day I was playing fallout graphics intensive game for around hours without any problems But right now I boot to vista and within a minute it crashes Other times I was programming not even using graphics and the mouse suddenly has a flickering box around it - then the computer crashes When it crashes the screen goes weird colours like its rendered the screen as bit colours rather than bit and shortly after I get a blue screen with it complaining about a graphics DLL At first giving the card a wiggle in the PCI-E slot fixed it Now I ve discovered that when the garbled graphics come up if I physically push the card upwards in the PCI-E slot whilst the PC is still on they go away by this time the computer has crashed amp so I have to reboot anyway It s nothing to do with the drivers I ve reinstalled them on XP and besides the problem happens on both of the OS on the computer Vista seems to be considerably worse though - XP only crashes once in a while whereas Vista seems to be more unstable If you push the card up quickly sometimes Vista quot recovers quot It says quot the display ddriver stopped responding and has recovered quot or something like that You can then use the computer normally If I push the card down when the computer is working fine the computer crashes Any suggestions whether it s the card or the motherboard I removed the card blew dust off it etc put it back into the machine and the problem still happens although it initially solved it I don t want to spend on a new card to find that it s the MB that s the problem I m wondering if the card is fine since it doesn t have an issue with hours of gaming on a good day If it s a lose connection what can I do about it it s fully pushed into the motherboard If you ve read this far thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

Hi , 

With recent upgrade of Windows 10 upgrade, my computer XPS 2710 totally black out.  I have been told that mother board is gone and have to replace. With the replacement Mother Board , I think I am required to re-install the Windows 8  and I think it will ask for a Product key , since it is a replacement mother board. Please advise, with the faulty motherboard, forced to replace the Motherboard. how will be go with the reinstallation of Windows 8.   With so many details in the forum about the faulty motherboard of XPS 2710 just because of the Windows 10 upgrade. I am planning to fall back to Window 8 with the replacement mother board, pleaser advise.

Regards,
Sathish.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19679535
Relevancy 57.62%

I upgraded a pc today with new motherboard, ram, amd 3100 and case. I know the ram is working fine and i know the case and power are working fine. When i put it all together my cpu fan is turning but nothing else is happening, not sure if it is my cpu or my motherboard, or alternatively something else. Anyone got any good ideas to try?
any advice would be most appriciated.
Cheers

A:how can i tell if my motherboard is faulty or my cpu?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You did use standoffs when fitting the new mobo didn`t you?

Make sure that the mobo isn`t shorting against the case anywhere.

Is the heatsink properly connected, and did you use thermal paste?

Disconnect anything not required to boot your system.

Does the computer attempt to post?

Try booting with just the mobo/cpu/ram if you then get beeps, start adding the other components one at a time untill your system doesn`t try and post.

If this is a completely different mobo to your last one. You will need to run a Windows repair on your hard drive, because your hard drive will have all the drivers for your old mobo.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-my-motherboard-is-faulty-or-my-cpu.35712/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi.

I have a CD which is faulty, thus some of the files cause errors when attempted to copy onto my PC.

I need a software which can bypass the error returns and copy abortions, and continues to copy on my PC. Any ideas and suggestions?

Relevancy 56.76%

I've had this problem for a couple years now and given the situation it's more an issue of pride than necessity still I feel like an ass to be unable to get to the bottom of it Originally the system was i k Asrock H M-S gb g skill related) Motherboard CPU or is x16 (PCI-E faulty ram hd ocz w modular Never overclocked cpu because h fast forward to two years later and after the regularly scheduled hardware cleaning and your friendly neighbourhood power mass outage psu starts acting up and the only pcie x slot dies The rig doesn't even post with the card in it or it boots as if there's nothing in that slot black screen with hdd led flashing up as if it's loading the OS After spending days trying other cards and confirming they all work somewhere else I just Motherboard or CPU is faulty (PCI-E x16 related) decide to upgrade the system which becomes i k Asus z -a gb kingston hyper x hd later became gtx thermaltake berlin w Mobo is crossfire-ready slot sandy bridge max and a x slot below Top slot doesn't work from the get-go literally the same as the older faulty mobo Unfortunately I had to wait two weeks for the psu to build the rig so in the meantime I lose right of withdrawal and they tell me quot tough you gotta deal with warranty quot which means buying another motherboard shipping the broken card is on me wait days for asus all with the risk of getting a refurbished motherboard for nothing Meanwhile I checked everything other OS no peripherals breadboarding heatsink psu bent pins bios updates disabling igpu pcie gen settings etc short of trying the cpu somewhere else found NOBODY with over an entire year Now since the bottom slot works flawlessly southbridge-controlled not the cpu and I read that as unlikely as that sounds it can happen for one part of the cpu to malfunction while the rest lives on I started suspecting it could be the pcie part of the cpu that died The cpu doesn't overheat never a bluescreen it can even take overclock up to ghz without fail supports any stress test with good scores including unigine at max detail alongside my new without crashing or breaking down except somewhat lower score I guess due to x Before you ask no the problem appeared long before I even started overclocking the cpu Two final things I might have forgotten quot take out the ram and let the speaker beep if it doesn't then it doesn't post and it's the motherboard quot I had an old speaker but it's broken now When I put two gpu in the two slots video hooked to secondary pcie or even igpu the system boots fine and this is what I have with card in and out albeit in doesn't show in any software for those who can't see pictures x with card in not present with card out

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/396710-motherboard-cpu-faulty-pci-e-x16-related.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I bought my Lenovo G500 and after 15 MONTHS it would not switch on. I have had it assesed and it has come back as a faulty motherboard. The shop I purchased it from says Lenovo should sort it out as it was out of warranty (12 months).Has anyone had this experience is it a known fault?

A:G500 Faulty Motherboard

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Sorry to hear of the failing motherboard.  I'm not an owner of your model, but if the laptop is out of warranty you can have it serviced anywhere for a motherboard replacement.  I am surprised the shop didn't quote you an estimate for repair.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G500-Faulty-Motherboard/td-p/2230348
Relevancy 56.76%

HP Notebook 15-n215si motherboard blew just 1 month out off warranty. Need to get Data of HDD but with this HP Protectsmart you cant see any data on hdd when connecting it to another pc. Is there any solution to get data off this hdd? S/N off Notebook is 5CD4251PCJ. Would appreciate help. Thank you very much. 

A:Faulty motherboard - Need to get data of HDD but with this ...

Protectsmart is not drive encryption it is an accelerometer that parks the drive head if the laptop is dropped. Should not affect the ability of the hard drive to be used as an external on another system. How are you trying to do this and what happens when you do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Faulty-motherboard-Need-to-get-data-of-HDD-but-with-this-HP/td-p/5705734
Relevancy 56.33%

Only my second post apologies if wrong section Recently rebuilt a Windows based 'server' backup storage facility using a brand new AMD FX- Gigabyte GA- A-DS P and Corsair XMS x Gb Mhz Problem came when motherboard build faulty CPU on ? Memory, new or I tried to install Windows Unit kept freezing just after the small dots start the circle Tried swapping them around tried putting them in the other slots always led to install freezing Then tried removing one of the sticks so I was running on a single Gb stick and Windows install suddenly ran with no problems Once Win was installed Memory, motherboard or CPU faulty on new build ? and running I tried swapping the 'good' stick for the 'faulty' stick Not surprisingly Win froze just after the dots start to circle At this point I was thinking quot ok dodgy stick of ram need to send it back quot I then decided to run Memtest just to find out what the fault was Ran Memtest on the 'good' stick so i would know what to look for Swapped the sticks over and ran Memtest on the 'faulty' stick I got exactly the same 'pass' result as the 'good' stick I then put both sticks in again and ran Memtest a third time Both sticks passed all the tests I will mention at this point that I tried also running my Macrium Reflect Recovery Disk which is based on WinPE and that also froze I then decided to try the Corsair XMS x Gb sticks I had in another unit Not surprisingly stick and Windows booted but with both sticks Windows froze I am now thinking motherboard is also faulty I then tried my new sticks in the other machine and got the same result 'good' stick Windows runs 'faulty' stick or both sticks and Windows freezes Suggests faulty ram stick but if it's faulty why is Memtest passing it when windows can't even boot I don't want to send the memory back for a replacement only to find out the motherboard is also faulty but I don't want to send both back if nothing is wrong with the motherboard Does anyone know of any other testing software or other things I can try which will help me narrow down what is faulty or do I just send all components back on the basis all of them are faulty

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/69482-memory-motherboard-cpu-faulty-new-build.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have used ASUS P Q-EM my Is after motherboard damaged my faulty RAMs? motherboard since January It had GB a couple of paired x kits Corsair Mhz RAM dual-channel It had infrequent crashed which I was unable to determine what was the cause I installed them Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? in pairs Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? Two weeks ago Windows highlighted that st kit of x RAM was faulty which are replacing Two days ago nd set of x became faulty too I discovered that Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs? those are compatible to asus p q-em motherboard if properly applied according to the ASUS mobo manual guide P Q-EM Manual So I got replacements for those faulty RAMs which I will sell them off and buy x kits of RAM in total GB which works in xpairs with the accordance to the manual Corsair RAMs I used are dual channel kits but does not work in pair on my mobo which caused instability and damaged my RAMs According to the manual it can be used a single channel only I learnt the hard way that a certain paired kits of RAM does not always works on dual channel mobo eg corsair twin dominator CM X - C D So i had to get RAMs that support modules which meets the asus mobo manual's compatibility list inserted into blue amp black slots as two pairs of Duel-channel memory configuration eg x kits of Geil GX GB C UDC works on Asus p q em mobo I found RAMs are faulty by using memtest and windows diagnostic test But how do I determine that my mobo is not faulty and wont affects my new RAMs Can faulty RAMs affects my mobo Thanks kindly in advance M

A:Is my motherboard faulty after damaged my RAMs?

Althoug Time Consuming, the best method would be:

1) Remove All RAM from the system

2) Insert the 1st module in the very first DIMM slot.
Test & record the results.

3) Remove the module and set aside, and put in the next module
(Still in the very first DIMM slot and still only 1 RAM module)
Test & record the results.

4) Repeat until you have tested all RAM modules in the Motherboards first DIMM slot.

At this point you may have all of them Pass, Fail, or a combination of both.

keep things organized and recorded so you know which failed, or passed in that slot.

Move to DIMM slot 2, testing a single RAM module (repeating step 1 & 2)

Continue the process onto DIMM 3 and 4 etc.

This process will help you pinpoint if it is in fact a RAM issue, or a MOBO issue.

For example, if Module 2 fails in every slot, but Modules 1,3 & 4 pass .... Then Module 2 is likely defective.

If all 4 modules pass in say DIMM slot 1,2 & 4, YET Fail in DIMM slot 3 ... The RAM is fine, but the Motherboards DIMM slot 3 may be defective.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/112392-my-motherboard-faulty-after-damaged-my-rams.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I've been having issues with my old gaming PC and I would like to either replace or upgrade the components but I'm not sure what the issue is Here's a list of what happened - - years ago I was experiencing BSODs on PC boot so I decided to check each ram individually to see if one of them its causing the problem So I found that sticks were faulty so I removed them and I was left with GB ram - months ago Motherboard or Power Faulty Supply? I tried to turn on the PC and it was shutting down after seconds or it wouldn't even start at all no signs Faulty Motherboard or Power Supply? of power - So I decided to disassemble everything and clean my dusty fans there was a lot of dust inside the power supply and tried to boot again This time the PC was booting but with no display - So I removed everything expect the CPU Cooler and fans and tried to boot again Still no display no beeps and fans were spinning Is it safe to assume that my motherboard is bad Is there any other way to test it to make sure Because if it's the motherboard I might be replacing the whole system unless its the power supply that's faulty so I could replace it with a cheap one at the moment and upgrade the PC later Specs OS Windows bit CPU AMD Phenom tm II X Processor Motherboard ASUS M A TD-V EVO Memory GB DDR SDRAM Graphics Cards ATI Radeon HD MB x Cooling H corsair Hard Drives WDC WD AALS- L B ATA Device GB IDE x

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/390048-faulty-motherboard-power-supply.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I just put together a computer and it won t work After connecting everything to the computer and i tried to turn it on it would turn on the power LED for or boot, motherboard? won't Computer faulty CPU about second then turn off I can see the power supply fan start to turn but then it just stops when the LED goes Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? out I have disconnected the fans memory HDD DVD drive the only thing connected is the processor and power and it did the same thing I have tested the power supply with a power supply tester and that shows up to be Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard? just fine when I take out the processor the light stays on just fine when i put the processor back in it does it again does this mean that the processor is dead or does it mean that there is a short or some kind of damage to the motherboard the motherboard is refurbished so maybe it s not in the best shape nbsp

A:Computer won't boot, faulty CPU or motherboard?

what are you hardware specifications?

everyting, Cpu, motherboard, psu, gpu, ram,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-boot-faulty-cpu-or-motherboard.130936/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi Guys I have an Intel Pentium D Ghz Overheating or CPU issue:Motherboard faulty? an intel D GZis MotherBoard an I ball W SMPS Mb DDR Mhz RAM I m having Overheating issues with my system It started in around August after i removed my CPU and heatsink to clean the dust After that my v x connector got burnt So i got my SMPS replaced But my room used to get hot when i used my system So i checked the CPu temp in the BIOS it was going upto C SO i tried re-installing the fan it came down to C but that is also much high And when i used to play games like NFS underground with all the graphics details turned off temp used to shoot uptp - So i stopped playing the games But soon after i faced the same problem the same v X connector got burnt again So i got my SMPS replaced and this time i got my motherboard tested from a local tech and he told me ur m b is faulty so i bought a new one Overheating issue:Motherboard or CPU faulty? a gigabyte EG M-S m b and he asked me to call Overheating issue:Motherboard or CPU faulty? intel and get it replaced as my intel m b is still in warranty Now i called them they asked me to follow some steps i followed them like gt Updating BIOS gt applying the grey thermal paste which intel sent me through courier the temp got down but still its starts with - c and according to intel max temp my cpu should go is till c Beyond that i don t know I ve tried it on different m b gigabyte one and its giving me a normal temp of c on it SO i m confused that is my CPU also faulty as i beleive there is a fault in my motherbaord Please guide nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I just recently put together a new system with the core components been a GA-p -DS Motherboard from Gigabyte and the new E Wolfdale CPU s Other components included GB of Corsair Dual Channel Memory XFX GTS Graphics Card W Coolermaster PSU Thermaltake Soprano DX Case Hard - Build Problems Motherboard Else? Possible or Faulty New Something Disk etc Now the problem was everything connected but New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else? nothing would start not make a sound nor even flicker a lil light Once we did manage to get it to work it was found that the CPU fan would not start immediatly rather there was a delay from - seconds After some investigating it was found that the CPU fan delay problem was fixed by moving the connector from CPU FAN to the SYS FAN port on the mobo Furthermore the not-starting-at-all-issue was fixed by simply not including the sound AC- or optional HD from the case external connection for headphones etc onto the motherboard It appeared that it had an effect similar to short-circuiting the whole thing Thus after these two issues were resolved ie change of port and excluding sound the system ran fine and has been doing so as i install everything The question i wanted to ask was Are these problems because of a faulty motherboard fingers crossed its not and if so can the faultiness further affect the remainder of my components within time OR Are these problems because of potential incompatibility with the board and the E as i ve heard some gossip and requires a BIOS update If so where can such a thing be found I thank you for any help in advance as this problem has been worrying me sick A lot of money for a new system that i definitely don t want KAPUT Thanks nbsp

A:New Build Problems - Possible Faulty Motherboard or Something Else?

A BIOS update would be available on the Gigabyte website.
But IMO, RMAing the motherboard would be better in case you encounter further problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-problems-possible-faulty-motherboard-or-something-else.98734/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I m having some trouble with my computer I have Windows XP installed but I wanna install Ubuntu and Vista only because of DX of course I ve tried to boot from the Vista DVD and it recognizes it as a bootable disc but after it asks quot press any key to boot from disc quot and I press a key the screen just turns black However when I updated the firmware for my NEC ND- A drive it does run the installation but extremely slowly Every step in the installation process takes mins to load The Ubuntu installation CD boot problem motherboard? faulty - comes as far as the screen where you choose whether to install verify the disc contents and so on However clicking on any of these will load the kernel but the screen will turn black after that So it sounds like the problem was the DVD drive right It s not though because I CD boot problem - faulty motherboard? just bought a SATA DVD drive today the old one was IDE which have the same problem So the problem is not the drive or the IDE SATA channels What do you think nbsp

A:CD boot problem - faulty motherboard?

Could you please list which parts (model numbers processor type and speed etc, etc) comprise your computer or the make and model number if it's a Dell, HP, Gateway or such?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-boot-problem-faulty-motherboard.89990/
Relevancy 55.47%

Last year i built a computer with an intel DG tl motherboard quad core q processor and seagate barracuda hard drive From the Solved: Motherboard Hard or Drive Faulty beginning Vista seemed to be having alot of problems but didnt think anything of it cause well its vista The problems were windows explorer stopped working this happened alot alot So recently ive been having problems with booting up it freezes before windows can reach the log in stage Sometimes if i let it sit a few days and replug Solved: Faulty Motherboard or Hard Drive in the SATA it will load up but eventually crashes It does alot of memory dumping too And i have changed the SATA cable ive tried that already So my question is do you think Solved: Faulty Motherboard or Hard Drive it is the motherboard or the Hard drive Ive already ruled out vista i really doubt its that My assumtion is that it is the motherboard i did some research and found out other people had problems with the board too If there is any questions that will help narrow down the possibility of whats wrong feel free to ask Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Just recently one of my hard drive Not the primary drive started to give problems Occassionaly it did not appear in the list of drives nor in computer management storage Disk management either When it was available I tried to copy the essential data from it but it only remained available for - Minutes before quot disappearing quot I found a logfile cannot remember which one which listed some Fail? Beginning Or Motherboard Faulty Disk To Hard drive controller errors I do not know if this refers to controllers on the hard drive or controllers on Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? the motherboard In any case I removed the drive and installed Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? it in a USB caddy Now the drive seems to work fine - Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail? no disappearing and no problems copying the data from it I should be happy that I have recovered the data but am left not knowing the following Should I discontinue use of the drive or is it stable now it is in a caddy Was this a sign of impending motherboard failure and should I be preparing to replace the machine I e document all installed software find all the installation disks files backup data etc Are there areas of log files I can check to ascertain what was going on The computer is an ACER Veriton M running Windows professional with an AMD Athlon II X processor Gb Thanks Roy nbsp

A:Faulty Hard Disk Or Motherboard Beginning To Fail?

Have a look over here.
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000446.htm

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/faulty-hard-disk-or-motherboard-beginning-to-fail.304902/
Relevancy 49.45%

This is what happens After a few hours of operation svchost exe crashes Doesn't matter what I'm doing Gaming surfing you name it Faulting module svchost exe version faulting module unknown version faulty address x A few seconds will pass as I accept and my theme will change from the start blue one to the old grey one in a few seconds and then reset to the standard XP one Here's what I know so far When this happens crashes it takes faulty randomly, Svchost.exe no address, faulty module crashes no Windows Audio and a few other services with it which I have to start again using Run services msc I know which instance contains the Windows Audio Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module service so the problem is Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module most likely with one of the services hosted within that particular instance of Svchost.exe crashes randomly, no faulty address, no faulty module svchost I'm a bit lost though I don't know what to do because it doesn't give me an address it doesn't tell me which service is messing up so I need some help I have the windows error log and a decent recollection of what has happened since that error started I got a new X-fi sound card a Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal ty Champion The errors coincide with me installing that card but I can't see how that would mess up like this though http img imageshack us my php image errorspx jpg I don't know if I'm totally off the mark here but is it fair to assume that it is only ONE instance of svchost crashing The screenshot above shows the svchost hosting the services that go down after the crash I have a saved version of the program error log Right click on This Computer administrate System tools Log Program I have searched far and wide on the internet and tried all kinds of solutions Others have had this problem and it has been linked with the quot Automatic Updates quot service but that did nothing for me whether deleted the whole Windows Update service and re-registered the DLLs in short even though I replaced the Windows Update service and everything related to it with fresh copies generated by Windows itself Another related problem I found was the same message and the same symptom svchost crashing some time after a bootup There was a hotfix for this but I'm already using Windows XP Pro with Service Pack which contains this update and others addressing such issues And I have zero malware on this computer Am I looking at a faulty product here Damaged ram Lastly I have a copy of my error log containing about months before this error started http www megaupload com d DVZTRVWR Any help appreciated I'm going mad just from not knowing where exactly the problem lies

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/svchost-exe-crashes-randomly-no-faulty-address-no-faulty-module-370951.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
I recently bought a new, 3rd party power cord for my Toshiba Satellite L300 from eBay.
Recently I've noticed that my battery stops charging earlier and earlier. At first it stopped at 87%, then 83%, then 80% all in one week. I've had the computer for about a year which seems a bit early for it to start degrading so fast, so could it be the power cord?

The Toshiba cord says Model: PA-1750-29, Input: 100-240V~ 50-60Hz 1.5A, Output: 19V[solid line above a dotted line]3.95A
The 3rd party cord says Model: PA-34671ACA, Input: 100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz, Output: 19V[solid over dotted]3.95A

If the new cord is harmful to my battery, I can just solder its input plug onto the Toshiba charger (that's the only bit that was broken) but I'd rather not risk breaking two power cords if I don't need to.

---------------------------------------
Thanks,
Marlon

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe drivers? faulty BSOD 116 card or graphics faulty the initial crash was caused by overheating Based on the fact that I have gotten it to work for a short amount of time more on that later Booting up with the drivers for my graphics card enabled causes BSOD to appear but when it is disabled everything is fine I can boot into safe mode and I have already reinstalled windows My motherboard is Asus B M-e and my graphics card is Nvidia EV A GTX How I got it to work for a short amount of time I reinstalled windows and then installed my integrated Ethernet driver After that was out of the way I installed and used driver booster to install the rest of my drivers I then noticed there was a missing driver that the program could not install that was named Simple PCI Controller So I thought I should install that driver using my motherboard's driver installation disk It then worked up until I decided to change the settings in Nvidia Control panel I also do not know how faulty graphics cards behave so it might be my graphics card The game I was playing when this started was Life is Strange if that is needed

A:BSOD 116 faulty graphics card or faulty drivers?

Sorry thought I uploaded this but apparently not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398657-bsod-116-faulty-graphics-card-faulty-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Two times in the last week my monitor (a KDS visual sensations CRT) has come on with the image looking like an hourglass (wide at the top and bottom, pinched in the center). This happened imediately upon boot up and both times rebooting has returned the monitor to normal, leaving the computer running does not bring the problem back. Which is more likely, that my monitor is beginning to fail or maybe my graphics card (a saphire, ATI radeon 7000) is failing? Is there some way (other than swaping my monitor out and trying another as this seems so far to be an intermitent problem and may not arise when a new monitor is conected) to check and see which it may be?

Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Windows bit system with a failed motherboard A replacement of the same model of motherboard is no longer sold so I failed: to How Motherboard copy settings? had to get a new motherboard With the new motherboard I assume I should start with a clean install of Windows Is that the best way Will Motherboard failed: How to copy settings? trying to boot my existing Windows hard drive in a system with a new motherboard possible Maybe I could boot into safe mode and install drivers for the new motherboard The new Motherboard failed: How to copy settings? motherboard has a different chipset I am coming from a P chipset to a G chipset If I can t boot my old hard drive on my new motherboard is there software available that will copy the accounts and settings and registry entries from my old boot drive to a new boot drive I guess I am looking for software like quot Windows Easy Transfer quot but that can work from a hard drive since I can no longer boot my old computer to do the WET Thanks in advance for your help -Darin nbsp

A:Motherboard failed: How to copy settings?

you could try to repair your windows installation and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-failed-how-to-copy-settings.1011872/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a eMachine T and the motherboard which was an AM burned up in it I bought a new powersupply and also a new setup New won't Windows files copy motherboard motherboard I could not New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files find an AM but found an AM L which the seller told me would work fine in my computer I have an AMD Athlon processor I completely formatted my harddrive and was prepared to install Windows XP Professional It went through New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files the process of examining my system When setup got ready to copy files it kept saying it couldn t copy most every file it tried to copy When the copy prtion was complete I New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files got the quot Setup cannot set the required Windows XP configuration Information This indicates an internal Setup error Contact your system administrator quot The motherboard is showing ram in both and locations and showing all other hardware that is installed Why am I getting this error Is this motherboard not compatible with Windows XP is there a setup I gotta do to the motherboard before I install XP nbsp

A:New motherboard won't Windows setup copy files

does the windows cd have scratches, if it does that's your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-motherboard-wont-windows-setup-copy-files.142746/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi Techies ,

I have been looking to find a macro to help me sort out my excel file. I am new to macros so the one I am looking for has to look for a text , copy another column of that row(eg lets say E11) where text is found , find this text (E11 text) , copy another column of a row where E11 is found ( say F21 ) , find F21 and copy another coulmn of a row where F21 was found and print all these ( text , E11 , F21 etc. ) on a new sheet in a single row.

examples are all highlighted fields in the attached file.

Can someone help me with creating a macro!!! ?

A:Macro : Find > Copy > Find > Copy > Find > Copy > Print all found in File

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macro-find-copy-find-copy-find-copy-print-all-found-in-file.1071951/
Relevancy 36.55%

Hello,
I have one internal drive with 1 TB.
The data there is very important to me , so I bought External removable drive for backup.
Now, I want to copy the data from one drive to the second drive but I have to be sure I have a perfect copy of the data.
The data is mostly songs movies and documents.
I'm using windows 7.

My question is this:

1.If I'll transfer the data through windows 7 by copy and paste, I could be sure i have a perfect copy?
2.There are tools for comparison Between the original data to the data that was copied?
If so, what are they?

If I do not in the right place please Please pass my message to the right place.thanks.

jonathan.

A:transfer data through windows 7 by copy and paste perfect copy?

There is no reason why using copy and paste won't give you a perfect copy and in my view it's more reliable than using the Windows backup utility.

One program I've found invaluable is Microsoft's SyncToy, which you can download here: Download: SyncToy 2.1 - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

It will sync files between folders of the same name on two separate drives or partitions ( I always use the Echo procedure).

You might also want to consider using Windows 7's Robocopy function.

ROBOCOPY - Create Backup Script

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/208614-transfer-data-through-windows-7-copy-paste-perfect-copy.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I got a notice after booting up my windows 7 ultimate today that it is not a legit copy.
It is a retail copy and has been running fine for a few years.
Nothing has been installed in the past few days and the only major thing I've done lately is to
remove a bunch of restore points to clear up a ton of space on my computer.
I'm at a loss at this point.
I've tried entering the product key, but it doesn't activate it.

any ideas??

Please can anyone help me....

A:Build 7601 "This copy of windows is not genuine" and its a legit copy.....

Have you made any changes recently?

Is this a dual boot setup?

Have you changed the partition size?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565247/build-7601-this-copy-of-windows-is-not-genuine-and-its-a-legit-copy/
Relevancy 36.55%

I found that the Windows 'Copy' cmd was unreliable when copying bulk data of mostly folders of multimedia files between external USB HDDs and from internal HDD to external HDDs As the data was massive it is impractical to manually check that each of thousands confirm ? that a 100% modern Seek to GUI uses Verify copy accurate 'Copy' cmd of files is copied without error I since found a number of Seek a modern GUI 'Copy' cmd that uses Verify to confirm 100% accurate copy ? posts confirming Windows 'Copy' is quite primitive and obviously does not use any kind of verification that the copied files are an exact copy of Seek a modern GUI 'Copy' cmd that uses Verify to confirm 100% accurate copy ? the original I seek a modern easy to use GUI equivalent of the old DOS 'xcopy' cmd line copy-with-verification utility that Microsoft included to rectify the deficiencies of 'Copy' in the era before Windows but has since chosen to ignore bit-for-bit Verification should be the most important feature not speed As they say more haste less speed It needs to have at least some form of basic logging of result preferably with choice of summary or verbose logging Although the prime use is for when one does the original copy files folders drives for filesets already copied it would be helpful if it could also do a Verification only pass comparing filesets If poss pls recommend a few in preference order so I have a choice

A:Seek a modern GUI 'Copy' cmd that uses Verify to confirm 100% accurate copy ?

Hi paul456,

Not sure if this is quite what you want but,

http://superuser.com/questions/773090/is-there-a-way-to-copy-with-verification-or-just-verify-copied-data

Only 2 answers, top one

Good luck 

Hedge

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599963/seek-a-modern-gui-copy-cmd-that-uses-verify-to-confirm-100-accurate-copy/
Relevancy 36.55%

I just purchased a pre-owned Lenovo T laptop with Windows but amazingly over these many years I ve never had to back up my OS before because someone my tech guy mostly had always done it for I a Can of 7 make copy/paste? Windows Solved: OS my backup copy using me Anyhow while I do intend to make a full system backup copy which I have no doubt will include the Windows OS I would also like to create a backup disk copy of my OS only since no install disks came with the computer I can load the Solved: Can I make a backup copy of my Windows 7 OS using copy/paste? Windows OS onto an Mb CD but the entire hard disk backup will take many gigabytes and I intend to use a Gb flash Solved: Can I make a backup copy of my Windows 7 OS using copy/paste? drive for that purpose My first and essential question is can I create a Windows Pro quot restore quot disk by just copying and pasting the entire quot Windows quot file on my hard drive to a CD or Flash drive or is there more to it than that When I started to create a backup copy of the entire disk using the Windows backup program I took particular notice to the fact that after I selected the custom selection option rather than the automatic selection for which files to copy that the Windows file was no longer listed on the quot C quot drive menu provided in the backup program It is certainly listed on my quot C quot drive when I bring it up directly so can anyone explain to me quickly what that s all about nbsp

A:Solved: Can I make a backup copy of my Windows 7 OS using copy/paste?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-make-a-backup-copy-of-my-windows-7-os-using-copy-paste.1100786/
Relevancy 36.12%

My 89 yr old mother-in-law bought a desktop from an estate sale. Said she was told it had a 'pirated' copy of XP on it. Called me to find out what that was. She only wanted the computer to do e-mail and FaceBook with the grandkids and great-grandkids. Said she only paid $20 and wanted to know if I could "fix" it. Now, I do have a legal copy of XP that was on a computer that has long since bit the dust. The XP program was an upgrade from ME. I would like to help her and wonder if I could take my upgrade legal CD of XP and just put it in the machine and copy over the 'pirated' copy?

Relevancy 36.12%

my ms word wont copy a paragraph but the other paragraphs copy...can anyone help

A:ms word wont copy a paragraph but other paragraphs copy

will it paste into notepad ?
whats the format of the paragraph ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-word-wont-copy-a-paragraph-but-other-paragraphs-copy.1046998/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am getting win7 Ultimate (it should be in the mail right now), I install the win7 evaluation copy with a build I did back in the summer & installed win7 evaluation copy with a clean install. Now I want to do another clean install to get rid of the junk I have collected over the last couple months & because the copy will expire in a couple months. So my question is what is the best way to remove the evaluation copy & install the retail copy without losing all of my programs, drivers & user settings. I was thinking clone the area I want to save & then after the install happens merge the two back. Anyone have a better way or will the above work

Thank,

A:win7 evaluation copy to a retail copy install

You can't clone and merge the two OS's. If you clean install by booting the new DVD to do a Custom install with Drive Tool formatting, you must reinstall your programs.

Many have reported excellent results doing an in-place Upgrade from the RC to any version using this workaround: Upgrade the Windows 7 RC to any retail version Icrontic Tech

You could try this to see if performance suits you, and if not then do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/56532-win7-evaluation-copy-retail-copy-install.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi there!

I'm unable to copy/move folders from my PC to my camera. But I'm able to copy individual photos and files.

Can anyone help me out here?

A:Cannot copy folders to camera but can copy individual files

Most likely the camera firmware does not handle folders.
Is there any way to create a folder on the camera?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/375697-cannot-copy-folders-camera-but-can-copy-individual-files.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Is there any software to avoid 1:1 CD Copy?

I mean, I create a game software which run by play CD.
And to protect that CD from copying by 1:1 CD Copy. Also I need to protect that CD From running through VIRTUAL CD ROM Drives.

Is there any Technology/Software to do this?

A:CD2CD Copy Protection (Avoiding 1:1 Copy)

Yes, but most of us hate it by virtue of the DMCA saying we can't work around it, and the fact that we can't make backups of the things we buy. Personally, I'd be a good natured developer and avoid such things like the plague. All of them can be circumvented if you try hard enough anyway, and so all you'd really be doiing is making it hard to copy for most people but no harder for the seasoned eyepatched pegleggers.

You're basically looking at cd copy protection software such as starwind etc. I don't know if any such software is available to end users though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd2cd-copy-protection-avoiding-1-1-copy.57244/
Relevancy 35.69%

....without erasing my other programs/tunes etc?

I probably jumped the gun a bit, thinking the Windows 7 Enterprise OS that was on my new/used computer was "mine to keep". I went ahead an installed several programs including iTunes and about 8,000 songs.

Turns out the seller had only put a 'copy' of his corporate Win7 on (I guess to show me that the computer worked).....and it's going to expire in about 10 more days without the activation code.

Will all my stuff be erased if/when I install a newly purchased copy of ANY version of 7?

Thanks for feedback.

Michael

A:Can I install a new, legal copy of Seven over my 'evaluation' copy...

With a fresh format - yes.

Otherwise a non-format install should create a windows.old installation with all data intact - but your apps will not function correctly.

You're better off backing up your data / user folders etc and doing a fresh format installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128278-can-i-install-new-legal-copy-seven-over-my-evaluation-copy.html
Relevancy 35.69%

Our IBM computer (Windows 98) working with UMax AstraNETe3470 has started printing a horizontal red line across the page about a quarter of the way down from the top. Have tried everything to no avail. The scanner works fine if you scan to a file, but when using the button on the scanner, or the Copy Utility icon on the Desktop, the red line appears---sometimes a thin line, sometimes 1/8" or more. Any idea what is causing it. Have uninstalled and then reinstalled the software for the scanner and that didn't solve the problem. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. lilart

Relevancy 35.69%

My friend found his machine was running an illegal copy of Win XP when trying to update.
He has now bought a legal copy with hologram, CAO and serial. Does he have to remove the old version first and will it interfere with his existing applications, he has a big interest in Family History and has all of his files on his hard disk.

docusk

Relevancy 35.69%

Some time we need copy system to system data transfer but that time can't copy with surely if any other good reliable option then please suggest like command prompt or third party software. 

Both system windows 7 Pro sometime win xp other side win 7 pro

Thanks & Regards, Amol . Amol Dhaygude

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c79f500b-4cce-4e0d-b949-52911aed5034/cant-copy-all-data-in-lan-is-any-option-for-copy-with-surely?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 35.69%

Okay brand new HP Pavilion DV t- it want pro copy of HP while New 7 add keeping stock to a laptop, copy? has home premium on it from the factory which i dont mind but i New HP laptop, want to add a copy of 7 pro while keeping stock copy? have a few copies of pro i am about to New HP laptop, want to add a copy of 7 pro while keeping stock copy? go into my junior year of college as a Information Systems Major ive worked some on an IT helpdesk as well this is just a little background to say im not completly computer illiterate one reason id like to run pro is that many companies are currently running it and since im in the business school i just would like to be used to it However id like to keep the premium version on the laptop to have for whatever i choose mainly to upgrade it to windows bucks when buying new laptop when it comes out to play around with I have a gb hard drive which after HP messes with it its considerably less but on the partition that is my main it has somewhere around id like to leave maybe gb or so on that copy just for when i get so i have plenty of space if i decided to go to full time at some point but like ive read hp has sections and thats the limit how is my best way to go about this guys Thanks so much

A:New HP laptop, want to add a copy of 7 pro while keeping stock copy?

When you are in the installation, just choose the upgrade option.

Upgrade Install with Windows 7

Apologize I read that wrong.

I do believe you can go into the disk management and create a new partition. Then format with NTFS. And install the windows 7 on there.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245288-new-hp-laptop-want-add-copy-7-pro-while-keeping-stock-copy.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I was wondering if there was any diagnostic tool out there that could determine if my CPU is kicking the bucket?

My graphics card is fried at the moment, but I also think that either my CPU or RAM is dying. I notice that my computer is running VERY slowly. I'm not sure if this could be contributed to the dead/dying graphics unit, but I'm worried nonetheless.

Thanks in advance.

A:Faulty CPU?

Is your computer slow at restarting?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cpu.636400/
Relevancy 34.4%

i have an inteldbg850 motherboard think that it went out how do i find out. i hear no beeps ive tried 4 different graphic cards and 3 different monitors dont have a whole lot of money to replace computer right now. could it be the cpu or the motherboard and how can i tell. please help single father of 3

A:Faulty cpu or the mb?

Go back to the most basic setup you can imagine...
One memory module, one video connection, and a cd or a simple hard drive... or an external floppy drive with a Windows 98 disk.
Attempt a boot.
If no boot, change to the other memory module. Attempt another boot.

The idea is to try various simple boots, and avoid using the hard drive if you can... use a different hard drive known good with Windows 95 or windows 98 installed... or boot to a floppy boot disk or a CD with Windows 98, 95, or ME disk on it..
Motherboards are pretty solid, and the Intell is one of the better ones. Processors rarely go out.
Common failures are (1) dead memory module, (2) failed power supply, or (3) bad hard drive. Very often if any of those three are bad, the computer will not start up.
Testing the power supply is more difficult. Once simple test is to watch the back of the power supply with a strong light. Have somebody else press the <ON> button while you watch to see if the fan blades on the power supply turn. If they turn only 1/8 turn to 1 turn and quit, the power supply is usually bad and is the likely problem.
Better yet, buy or borrow a power supply tester. They cost anywhere from $9 to $29, depending on quality or complexity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cpu-or-the-mb.119082/
Relevancy 34.4%

Would a faulty RAM socket or module make this flashing screen come up?

This screen came after "a half post" where it posted the the first few lines of what it was supposed to. The reason I ask is cause when I moved the RAM into the other socket on the board it worked fine?

A:Would faulty RAM do this?

It could, especially if you its integrated video.

I'd test the RAM to be sure its good: http://www.memtest.org/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/would-faulty-ram-do-this.551418/
Relevancy 34.4%

Greetings.
Last Christmas, I ordered a 1TB Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive online. When it arrived, it did not work at all, for my network did not detect the drive, even with seemingly nothing wrong.
Since then, I have called Iomega and replaced the drive, and this one arrived a few days ago. Since its initiation (that is, after it being plugged into my router) the bottom indication LED on the drive has been flashing between orange and blue, which is apparently due to the drive failing to detect a DHCP server.
What is it that I have to do next to fix it?

A:Faulty NAS

Do you assign IP numbers on your network, or do you let the router do so?

If DHCP Server is enabled on the router, it'll assign an IP#. If not, then DHCP won't even be detected. Now, if you DO have DHCP Server enabled on the router, you're probably looking at another dud - this time with the nic in the NAS being bad where the other one was a bad controller. Or even a bad cable.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-nas.898773/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am unable to measure any DC volts in my PC and suspect that there is no mains supply to the PSU . What would be the sequence of steps that you would take to determine where the fault lay, obvously whilst complying with safety proceedures?

A:Faulty PSU

Just buy a psu tester as they do not cost much and use it. If the psu test bad then replace it not repair it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-psu.506704/
Relevancy 34.4%

:wave: First time here. hello, guy's my name is alex.

I have a dell and i installed a 1 tb hd and then tried to boot, but no sound. And the cpu fan would turn for 2 sec's and shut off, the monitor would start to come on but shut off. I checked all connections and only removed hd. well found someone on craigslist that checked it for me and said it was the processor?
could that be true?
And also on a different pc, is it bad to have a cpu on a motherboard that is to fast. this guy said the cpu is to fast for it. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank You all. alex from council bluffs, iowa..

A:Faulty PC

It would be very, very helpful if you could give us the hardware specs including make and model. How old is this system? Can your motherboard handle a TB harddrive, particularly the BIOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-pc.159037/
Relevancy 34.4%

new sony vaio possible RAM? faulty sz p periodically goes to the blue screen of death possible faulty RAM? and does a physical memory dump then reboots first time it did this it didn t reboot and i had to reinstall xp pro it does this with a variety of apps open usually word excel mathematica acrobat reader i ve attached the minidump files if anyone has suggestions as to what might be the problem i ve tried the windows debugger which pointed towards a symantec issue although i don t think i used it correctly that i patched but the possible faulty RAM? problem recurred Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F possible faulty RAM? C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter f dcd parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c f dcd c c Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer F F C CC Description Error code f parameter parameter parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c c c nbsp

A:possible faulty RAM?

A sony Vaio with norton on it has to be THE worst combination there is!!!!!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-faulty-ram.61156/
Relevancy 34.4%

MSI A m-E mobo AMD A - k apu Corsair w psu x PNY RAM Windows bit I've posted a couple times on here stating that my CPU was overheating while gaming HWmonitor and Speccy both were showing my temps jumping around from - c while at idle I then read that those third party apps have a hard time reading temps on the apu's so I found and downloaded AMD Overdrive and it is showing my PSU? Faulty temps are fine even during the more intense parts of the game but computer is still crashing full restart of the time and then screen freezes with a green checkered boardish looking deal mixed in with the picture my monitor was already displaying the other It gets weirder than that though The problem first showed up when I Faulty PSU? playing Rust which is an open world mmo survivor game and I was playing with a friend also I play another open world survivor game called Life is feudal and i didn't seem to have the problem with this game at first until another player walked up to me in game and we were chatting for a bit then boom computer crash I can log on and Faulty PSU? play for hours at a time alone in game and hardly ever crash although it still happens sometimes but as soon as another player gets close to me I can almost guarantee a crash within minutes Only think I can think of would be a psu going bad idk if a computer uses more power when trying to communicate with another or what seems like that would be an internet issue Any help would be appreciated

A:Faulty PSU?

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/600486/faulty-psu/
Relevancy 34.4%

days ago while I was playing Skyrim I noticed black dots on floor in one ruin I thought it was a bug and carried on minutes later after loading screen for a second my screen was made of horizontal lines mostly brownish color and a few green pink lines I immediately quit game ran Firefox and when I attempted to load a video from YouTube my screen flashed for a second and the space where video player MB? or GPU Faulty should be was black At that time I had Sapphire HD installed I assumed that GPU was faulty so I removed it and installed Gainward GT it was the best of all the ones that I've got And I installed a fresh Windows Faulty GPU or MB? Ultimate x It worked fine for - days but my computer was slower a lot and system showed my CPU speed to be while before all that it was GHZ OC And two days ago while I was on YouTube listening to some songs I got blue screen of death I did not manage to see which error code was it cause I panicked and just turned of my computer And I couldn't restart it with BSOD nor turn it off with my power switch so I turned it off with my power supply on off switch Sooo again I assumed my 'new' GPU is bad it was loud but not 'normal loud' so I removed it and installed some random GPU that I found ATI Radeon HD series This time I did not reinstall my system It's horrible and my computer is still very slow my OC got reseted cause I removed the battery after BSOD and now it's back to But I still get problems with this GPU for example Desktop Session Windows Manager stops working for no reason and I have no Aero for a while then it just starts working again And I have this ugly problem see picture below which I've seen before with faulty GPU but how unlucky can I be to install THIRD bad GPU And just a week ago I was planning on buying AMD Radeon R x GB OC but now I am not sure if I should buy it or maybe change my MB or CPU cause these problems confuse me Is there any program that tests the health of my MB and other components I would appreciate if someone could help me or advise me of what to do next I have to mention that where I live we often suffer power outage with no beforehand warning Thanks in advance

A:Faulty GPU or MB?

Mostly when I have same sort of problems with my PC I run Hiren`s Boot CD when my computer starts up.
It has alot of test tools that can help you determine the problem, maybe try it out, see what you can uncover.
Hiren's Boot CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/334422-faulty-gpu-mb.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I Ram? Faulty have a pair of Kingston Value Ram DDR mb x that seem to be giving me some trouble When I first finished my computer I would get a BSOD at random times but I switched in another module of ram and it went away for awhile But it came back now at more specific times though It started to just freeze on me I could hear the harddrive shut down my hard drive has an annoying whir it makes very noticeable and the screen would stay up on what I was doing Now it just turns off I can see the BSOD come up but it goes right to blank screen and all that stays on is my fans Now the ONLY things that make it do this are web broswers Firefox in particular I havn t noticed it in any others but I don t use other ones anyways lol and torrent programs Another thing I Faulty Ram? noticed is my page file usage wow Sometimes I notice it go up to mb and if I ve been playing games for all day even after I close out it ll say I m still using about mb of page file when all I have up is windows media player Anyways this isn t a huge issue to me it s just rather annoying haha If it is faulty ram I can just RMA it Thanks AJ nbsp

A:Faulty Ram?

The best way to test your RAM is to download Memtest86 and run it overnight. If it passes that the RAM isn't your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.69694/
Relevancy 34.4%

I ve been having problems with my computer since i moved it into a new case but the latest problem is the worst yet my computer doesnt seem to want to Faulty...something? recognize that i have a disc drive hooked up to it the power doesnt go into the disc drive because the light doesnt come on the drive is brand new after i bought one thinking the old one was broken and neither of them will light up as though they were powered up this was never a problem until i moved the parts into a new case so far ive disconnected all the new cables hooked to the case LED s and new Faulty...something? front USB port and so on so that the computer is exactly the same as it was in the old case still nothing i switched out the power to the hard drive thinking that if just the cable was ruined the hard drive wouldnt run but it did the cables are all in working order is it possible for a power supply to just not like parts nbsp

Relevancy 34.4%

I recently put together a brand new computer from Newegg parts, with 2x 2GB ram. Windows, however, is only recognizing 3.15GB... I also just got a blue screen with the message "Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area"
Could this be bad RAM?
I have assembled computers before and I know how to properly install hardware, but could it have been an error on my part?

Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I am new here. My pc recently restarts playing some games which is strange to me. I did some internet research and found that it could be me psu or gpu.
My pc spec:
Intel core i7 870 (base clock)
Intel motherboard dh55pj
Sapphire hd 6870 igb
Transcend ram (4+2) gb
Samsung 500 gb hdd
Thermaltake smartpower 550 watt psu 80+ bronze

Also I borrowed a friends` 6850 gpu+ 450 watt psu to see if there is anu problem in my mobo or processor but it was just fine. But I gave my friend my gpu psu combo and he faced problems like mine after using them for 1 week.
So now I am certain that either my gpu or my psu has gone bad. but I cant know for sure which one.Any helps.....

A:Faulty GPU or PSU?

Does your friend have a 500W PSU so they can test your GPU with their PSU? If they can test just the GPU, it might answer your question.

Actually 500W has head room, a 450W PSU might be enough to test for a week or so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-gpu-or-psu.188680/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi all!
does any one know if plugging a lead into the router in say port 1 and plugging the other end into port 2 could ruin a DVR plugged in at port 3?

Relevancy 34.4%

I just did an external test boot. With just the the CPU, graphics card. motherboard and ram all installed. But When i started it up I had no beep from the motherboard speaker and no display on the screen. I am now starting to believe that somthing may be wrong with one of the compannats.

Unless anyone has any ideas to why nothing is happening I am going to asume there is a faulty part.

Does anyone have any idea which part might be faulty? Or just any idea of why I am getting no display and no beep.

Thanks.

A:I think something might be faulty. Help please.

You forgot to post the detailed specs of your hardware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-think-something-might-be-faulty-help-please.1038510/
Relevancy 34.4%

So my mother's Geforce 6200 fan has started to catch on the sides of the heatsink, I have no clue if its because the little axle inside the fan has warped, or due to overheating or maybe even in need of greasing.
My first question would be, is there a way to find out if it is even fixable? Second, if not, are any of you familiar with any north american component dealer stores that I may find?

I'm located in Odessa, FL
Ordering online isn't really an option tho if I absolutely had to I would, I'm more interested in just going to some store and snatching up a new heatsink for it.

Relevancy 34.4%

I hope Faulty cpu? that my assumptions are wrong I have been experiencing some problems with my laptop and I Faulty cpu? think its the processor Its a compaq pressario m with a celeron m cpu ram I was in the middle of a dvd movie when the sucker just turned off The laptop was hot and I have been suspicious of dust in the fan or the heatsink due to the choppy playback of dvd movies So I opened up the laptop and remove all the dust that had form a lining in between the fan and heatsink Ok great now the damn thing shuts off after a couple of minutes of use I thought it might have been the HD so I ran knoopix and it work for a while then it halted I was able to quot walk quot windows without any proggies running for like mins I dual boot suse and when I try to load Faulty cpu? that os it shuts off in the middle of kernel probing I also attempted to run the memtest in the suse cd and after pass the laptop shut off When I opened it I did not see any signs of burnt hardware I have not Faulty cpu? overclocked the cpu but I am getting the feeling thats the culprit any suggestions nbsp

A:Faulty cpu?

It sounds like you may have dislodged/bumped the heatsink. I would suggest reseating it with some good thermal paste.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cpu.552485/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello guys.
mu issue is more less common,at my home the electricity is neva stable..its on and of most times...so I woudnt say I used the switch button to turn my pc off.
but a lito while ago,I have this problem of checksum error default loading..poping on the screen,my mouse, keybord not rensponding with some strange noise..(bips) its wen I visited this site read about som tips on the CMOS battery changing ,jumper settings and re-set , but it neva worked so I went for repair it was ok..they tod mi the noise was the one of the RAM was faulty.but wen I went home I tried the other RAM teking off the current RAM one the pc replaced with the one he clamed was faulty was ok..that ment the RAM was finebut the RAM slot was nt not ok...nw same thing has happened and am prity confused...

A:Faulty RAM?

Are you having trouble with your keyboard, or is English not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.186050/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello good people My PC was running fine but then one night I turned it off and in the morning when I went Faulty Faulty PSU HDD??? or to turn it on it took ages There was no slow degradation it just went from being ok to not being ok When I hit the power button it used to spark up straight away now it just sits there for about five seconds and then sparks up and loads up slowly Once it s loaded it seems to work but more slowly than it used to I have hard drives both partitioned The C drive and F drive are on the old-ish original HDD and an x and y Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD??? on the new hdd I Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD??? have most of my program files on the c drive and documents etc on the f drive X and y is mainly for multi media stuff As I say everything was working fine I could be wrong but it seems that when I access the c drive it is slow but when I access the z drive it isn t as slow unless I launch say an mp file then it takes a while for the track to play I assume and possibly wrongly that its because the mp player is coming from the program files an the c drive I have run the usual suspects of spyware etc and posted my HJT log for someone to look at and they say it looks fine there were no nasty surprises on any of the scans I have scanned the disk and checked for errors and its fine although it did take an age From reading forums it seems like it could be a faulty PSU or my hard drive is about to die I have backed up the suspect hard drive with acronis so my question is how do I go about determining exactly what the problem is Some other clues that might help are Sometimes on booting up it would scan the z drive and do the error check thing for no apparent reason well not apparent to me anyway I never asked it to I have scanned the z drive since and it was fine The first morning I had the problem it was trying to boot up from the diskette and just keep cycling through and stumbling at the same point I changed the bios thing to ignore the diskette and it then loaded up Thanks for your time G Windows xp home Service pack Mcafee internet security suite GB ram Athlon xp mhz nbsp

A:Faulty PSU or Faulty HDD???

Does the Chkdsk give you any error on the Z drive? Might check all cabling and be sure everything is tight. You talked about C: AND F: on One HDD and X: AND Y: on the other, where does Z fit in?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-psu-or-faulty-hdd.550551/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am having problems using my CD Drive.

I am getting the error message....'handle invalid'

Is this a software error, or CD Drive error

thanks for your help

Lee

A:Faulty CD?

Boot from a floppy with CD support. Does it work then?

When do you get this error, anyway? When you put in a disc? When you open My Computer and click on the CD drive? What OS are you using?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cd.34651/
Relevancy 34.4%

hi, i have windows xp and until just recently, everything was goin okay. i scanned my computer with mcafee and erased around 3000 adwares or as the program says "unwanted files". now, when i type something to someone on aim, there is huge lag and a long delay before the message gets sent. i tried trillian and gaim and they are both the same. plz help!!

A:faulty AIM

welcome to tsg

are you running a p2p client such as kazaa? if so, you deleted the manditory adware that comes with kazaa, and im guessing it could cause system problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-aim.257345/
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought my new TB Caviar Black WD FAEX couple of weeks ago The HDD? Faulty only thing I've put on the drive is a GB backup Acronis image of my SSD Thing is it would appear to be faulty Normally my PC boots fine from SSD with HDD connected but couldn't get it to boot last night it was hanging on the starting windows screen forever Also when I loaded Acronis to see if I could access the TB drive it took some time while Acronis was 'Analysing E ' then it came up with 'failed to read sectors ' After cancelling it went into Acronis backup and recovery screen and I could see the drive and the backup image But Faulty HDD? when I disconnected the drive my SSD booted fine Having used Faulty HDD? Crystal Disk last night and HD tune these are the results There only seems to be one red block Do I need to RMA it or Faulty HDD? just format it and see if it clears But even if it does clear does it suggest a dodgy drive Just rang the etailer they said rma and collection will be ok but they'd like me to run WD's own Datalife Diagnostic Tool So I better do that I suppose

A:Faulty HDD?

Oh well, it's all academic now as I've got an RMA sorted, collection tomorrow and then replacement drive in a few days.

As it happens, it took ages for the WD diagnostics tool to read the drive and the estimated time went up and up and up to around 40 hours before it got past the bad bit. Now it's showing under 2 hours left.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/261695-faulty-hdd.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I'm having intermittant problems booting up. Sometimes I get wrong system disk message, other times just the 'wait' message while you think its booting up. I've gone into the bios and 'auto detected' so it will continue to boot at times.
Sometimes if I give the tower a 'nudge' it will continue. I'm using Windows 98 and have a 8 Gb HDD and a second 6Gb formatted but with nothing on it yet. Any ideas? How do I change the boot to use the other drive? but still able to use both for data. Thanks

A:Faulty HDD? help

cabo

If you 'nudge' the tower and it continues, that might suggest a loose IDE connection.

Open the case and check that all cables are secured firmly.

Firah

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-hdd-help.131632/
Relevancy 34.4%

Tried adding 512mb of pc133 to an old samsung v25 which only had 256 installed, the laptop powers up but screen just goes black and doesn't enter bios or boot. I've tried removing the old ram and installing the new ram in it's place but same result. Is it simply a case of the new ram being faulty or is it possibly some other reason?

cheers

wolfee

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello Ive been having random reboots on a new Is faulty? my PSU machine i recently built EVGA i mainboard GTS mb Core Duo ghz x Gb Corsair Ram I googled my problem and found a guide on this forum saying to run Speedfan to check my PSU for voltage consistency The program after it opens up shows my temperatures all as blue down arrows except for the HD and CPU which are green quot Check Marks quot My voltages in the lower left hand corner read Vcore V V V AVcc V Now my main question is are these the v v and v rails he speaks about in his post http www techspot com vb topic html If so arent they all off Atleast the V reading more than V off seems bad to me This may seem like a stupid question but im real tight on cash and if i spent what i have on a new really nice PSU and i was wrong about this id be angry As a side note in Speedfan the green check mark next to my CPU Is my PSU faulty? which idles around C occasionally turns into a red quot up arrow quot for about seconds then back to a green check I havnt seen the temp go over C though I love this computer except for the random restarts and id be extreamly happy if i could fix it Appreciate any help you guys could give Thankyou D nbsp

A:Is my PSU faulty?

" id be angry "

LOL - you'll be even angrier if you don't and your sweet mobo gets gerfunkled.

Yes, that is TOO low on the 12v rail. Whether that reading is accurate or not is another question. Getting a measurement off of a 12v fan lead might verify that if you have a tester available.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-psu-faulty.79578/
Relevancy 34.4%

A while ago I was working on my computer when out of the blue it restarts. I picked the -Start Windows Normally option. Before it even gets to the desktop it would restart all over again. It did this until I removed the RAM sticks from DIMM slots B (slot 3 and 4) Now my computer is really slow. My computer is a HP a250n with 4x 256 ram.

A few days ago I did a full wipe on the HD to see if that would clear up the problem. It works well with only 2 sticks. When I put in the 3rd or/and 4th sticks I get to the desktop fine but only for a few minutes then it restarts and the screen goes blank. I tried switching the sticks but nothing works. What could it be?

A:Faulty ram?

Do a memtest
Have you tried swapping the memory sticks from 3-4 with the ones in 1-2?
This will help verify whether it's the sticks or the slots.
The memory test will help also.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-ram.134655/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi I have been given an Advent 5421 laptop by my neighbour which runs 32bit window vista basic.
The problem with it was 4 or 5 after starting the window it freezed I was not given a manufacturer’s recovery DVD and because of the problem was not able to create one after many unsuccessful attempts to reinstall the O/S or to use the utility provided by the vista I removed the hard drive and placed it inside my laptop and managed to reformat and reinstall the Vista (home premium) using the recovery DVD that I had for my Advent laptop and it worked fine on mine but when I tried to place it back and run it again same problem It won’t let me run vista and when I do try to run the recovery utility it freezes
Dose anyone know how I can sort this problem out I be very grateful

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello there I have just attempted to install a stick of MB PC DDR Ram in my PC The starter screens recognise the amount of RAM although they only seem to see about MB instead of the which is in there but the PC is crashing like crazy in fact I can t even get it to log in So I RAM faulty? my Is new took the stick out and everything is fine Now I was about to send the stick back to the person I bought it off when I thought I would test it using PC-CHECK the floppy disk Is my new RAM faulty? based hardware testing tool to my suprise it passed all the tests Now I recently tried Is my new RAM faulty? installing another stick from a friend who said it didn t work at all which seemed to be working fine until it a few weeks later when everything went haywire I tested the RAM and PC-CHECK said there were definate errors with the memory So I took the stick out and the PC is now fine So the question is is it possible that the problem could be with something else on my Pc like the memory slot in my motherboard or should I send the RAM back and try again Thanks for any advice nbsp

A:Is my new RAM faulty?

I'd pick up one of these memory tests, install the memory as the only RAM in the system, and run them. Try moving the memory to different slots to see if the location affects the errors. ANY errors running these tests for any length of time is a problem.

Microsoft Memory Diagnostic

MEMtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-my-new-ram-faulty.357476/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have a fairly new computer with fairly new cd-rom drives, however, the drives will only read my accounting cd-rom from school and will not read any music cds or gaming cd-roms. They worked before, but now they are acting up. Could there be another problem other than getting new cd-rom drives? Please help!

A:Another faulty CD-ROM

Things to check.....
Cables to the drive and motherboard are seated all the way in.
Make sure the drives jumpers for master and slave are correct.
Is the drive detected correctly in device manager? Is there any exclamation points?

Try these out first before assuming you need a new drive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/another-faulty-cd-rom.360835/
Relevancy 34.4%

I had a faulty key code for windows 7 professional and it screwed up internet explorer. Now I cant do anything on my laptop with any program unless I am in safe mode. Does anyone have any suggestions or can I put my computer back to windows 7 starter. Thank You.

A:Faulty Key

What brand and model computer do you have? Where did you acquire the Win 7 Professional program?
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-key.993610/
Relevancy 34.4%

i was reading through another thread an noticed HJT has been updated, so naturally i upgraded to the latest version - but when i ran a system scan it srashed! i got one of those messages saying HJT stopped responding would u like to send an error report... and so on. has anyone else had this? im on winxp home sp2. i still have 1.98 somewhere but if this is a problem then it should be looked at. thanx

Relevancy 34.4%

About a week ago this CD-Rom Faulty started happening with my cd drive and now its annoying I have a x cd-drive don t know the company its a few years old now maybe or i recently moved it over to a new computer and it worked fine no complaints Recently it hasn Faulty CD-Rom t been responding Its detected by the system and it seems to be working properly until you try to get it to read something I ve tried audio and data but it will read nothing A friend of mine suggested it being a power problem but it ejects fine and the led s Faulty CD-Rom seem to be functioning normally I even double checked the connection no luck I checked the IDE connection no luck there either and the audio cable is in place I changed nothing the day the breakingness seemed to start except that i moved it spaces down in the case but that means nothing please help me -Cd-Driveless and confused nbsp

A:Faulty CD-Rom

If the drive is bad change it. They’re not that expensive and even name brand drive break, I've had brand new CD drives do the same thing worked five minutes ago then suddenly nothing, the tray open and closed but nothing else works, 9 of those drives where BTC's never buy any product that BTC makes they are all trash. *click here for a CD drive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-cd-rom.144541/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello,
I noticed when I play PS1 games as well using ePSXe emulator, it behaves just like PCSX2 and the temp of the CPU goes to 78 C and the fan spins so fast
My laptop again is Inspiron 15z i7-3537U 2GHz

I made a discussion in a gaming forums and that his reply.
Is he really right?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988114
Relevancy 34.4%

Decided my system needed an upgrade so i bought an Asus A v x-x mobo mb DDR ram and a W PSU Using all other bits from my existing set up Assembled everthing and it posted no problem and recognised ll the bits I decided that a fresh start with a nice clean drive would be the job so decided to Fdisk and reformat Thats where the problems started i have Fdisked and formatted drives many times but this time whenever i ? Faulty CPU tried to Faulty CPU ? load the OS it kept coming up that the free space was being incorrectly reported and asking if i wanted scandisk to fix the fault I would ask it to fix the fault and the try to load the OS then it would tell me it could not decompress the cab file and the D which is the boot disk RAMDRIVE was write protected I checked all cables and that everthing was seated correctly everything looked fine and the PC continued to post ok After about a dozen attempts to set up the drive i took out everything and put my old mobo and CPU back in and bingo everthing worked fine OS loaded a treat The CPU i Faulty CPU ? was trying to put into the new setup was a Sempron the mobo came with the revision BIOS so it was Faulty CPU ? compatible with the CPU Now the CPU was previously in a PC in which the mobo and PSU blew I rebuilt this one for a friend but replaced mobo CPU and PSU Everything else was fine drives ram etc and went in the rebuild and i assumed that the CPU was ok and only the mobo and PSU affected What i would like to know is are the problems i had indicating a fault in the CPU or a fault in one of the new components If i have to buy new CPU fine but any other bits will be under warranty and i dont want to spend money replacing something that is not faulty i apologise if this is a bit rambling any help would be much appreciated Logo nbsp

A:Faulty CPU ?

I doubt it's your cpu. If your cpu was bad, nothing would work right. You couldn't have seen anything on the screen if your cpu was bad.

Are you loading xp? If so, it has it's own drive format utility built in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-cpu.31526/
Relevancy 34.4%

I am unsucessfully trying to repair IE 6. I was told to run sfc/scannow (message from repair site) - but I get the following error msg "Windows cannot find sfc/scannow" etc. please make sure you typed the name correctly etc. etc ...........

When I am trying to open something like "the news" from an email, it opens up in IE as an invalid syntax ("the page cannot be displayed"). Mozilla is my chosen default browser and I also run Acoo.

I have XP Home Edition S Pack2.

Any suggestions? I only keep IE on the system for programs which wont work with other browsers

Regards
Judy

A:IE 6 Faulty

There needs to be a space between sfc and /scannow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-6-faulty.505457/
Relevancy 34.4%

just bought a new pc case with a 350w psu,built pc using following
asrock m266a mobo,
p4 1.8ghz,
256 pc2100 ram,
maxtor 40gb hdd,
dvr rom,floppy.
switched on powered up but nothing on screen,lights came on fan started,hdd made noise,
i didnt know what was up so i switched off and moved switch on back of psu to 115v from the 230v position switched back on to see if that made any difference but then nothing happened no power lights etc,so switched off and reset switch to original position now still nothing happens.have i broke it or something.
any suggestions appreciated

Relevancy 34.4%

yesterday, when i opened the pc, the net is so slow, sometimes it gives me a failure to read response, sometimes the pages wont even load, i tried to reset winsock but the problem is still there.

A:Faulty net?

What type of internet connection do you have?

Post your numbers form here: http://www.speedtest.net/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460284/faulty-net/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi there,

I have a PCI-E slot that doesn't seem to work with a 9500gt. The 9500gt worked for many months then all of a sudden, no display appeared on my monitor one day. I switched to another PSU (weaker but still adequate), but still the same result. After doing some more hardware changes, I assumed it was a dead motherboard. Luckily I had a friend who had a spare EAH3450 Silent, and it worked! I have been using it ever since and my PC has ran with no problems.

I also tried a 9800gt and still no display. I checked the BIOS menu and saw that the display adapter was on PCI, changed it to PCI-E, but once again the same problem. I am not sure if this is a power problem since the 9500gt has such a low requirement and worked for a period of time. Any suggestions as to what might have happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-pci-e.841842/
Relevancy 34.4%

When I drag a file into a folder that has a similarly named file, I am asked to either "Copy and Replace" or "Don't Copy".

I would love it if there was a third option "Copy and Rename". I would get so much done so much faster.

I'm hoping there is some kind of registry tweak I can do to get this working. Perhaps holding down a key while dragging the file over will open up more options. I hope there is a way.

(Specifically, I open Firefox, I get to a website, I drag the URL to a folder on my desktop for later reading. The next URL will have a similar "file name". When I drag it to the folder, thats when I run into a problem. If only Windows 7 would give me the option to "Copy and Rename".)

A:I want to Copy & Rename, not Copy & Replace

The copy and rename is the bottom option. "Copy, but keep both files"
However, what you are looking for has to do with Firefox, Firefox handles this differently.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/109468-i-want-copy-rename-not-copy-replace.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Ok so Bill will send out his men to shoot me.
I have given m$ too much of my precious life already.

What I am trying to do is make a copy of a copy of xp office that has been altered to not require the imput of the codenos, I made a version using both nero cd copy and the built in xp roxio version via a copy to docs that will only work on the re-writer and not the normal cd.

Also and more annoying, why will nero suddenly not copy music cds saying that they are protected. I dont want the original in my dirty car.

Relevancy 34.4%

Hello everyone,
till now i was using Evaluation copy, Build 7100 of windows 7. now i have the full released version. i want to know how can i convert my current evaluation copy to permanent copy and still maintain all my current data and settings.

i tried changing the key, but it didn't work...
i dont want to re-format my PC, if there is a solution to this problem, please let me know.
thanks.

A:evaluation copy to permanent copy

Quote: Originally Posted by atul1510

Hello everyone,
till now i was using Evaluation copy, Build 7100 of windows 7. now i have the full released version. i want to know how can i convert my current evaluation copy to permanent copy and still maintain all my current data and settings.

i tried changing the key, but it didn't work...
i dont want to re-format my PC, if there is a solution to this problem, please let me know.
thanks.

Hi and welcome

We need swome info before we can help you. the eval (7100) is what version of win &7 (ultimate, pro, etc)

The full copy is what version of win 7

Thanks

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/39514-evaluation-copy-permanent-copy.html
Relevancy 34.4%

i had an issue with windows that required a reformat !

i had a empty hard drive (b) so i disconnected my windows drive(a) and did a windows install on the empty drive(b)!

now that i am trying to copy my files to the new drive(b) to reformat the old drive(a) they are all going fine but i have a file that contains several different file types , pictures, pdfs,emails, etc. when i try to copy this file i get a cannot copy thumbs access denied error!!!

can anyone help me fix this problem???

or am i going to have to copy files one at a time???

thanks in advance!

A:Getting cannot copy error when I try to copy files

Acronis will do it, and other copy programs might be able to do so.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-cannot-copy-error-when-i-try-to-copy-files.122675/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys maybe someone can help me out here Fact living on an island and can t get stuff GPU? or faulty Fried CPU easily moved here Fried CPU or faulty GPU? and shipped my rig with me Bought a new i - X for thousand bucks yeah Using an older GTX and have a new HD in repairs sniff I shipped my PC over here and since i Fried CPU or faulty GPU? had my older i - on it i removed it and installed the new one unfortunately and out of Fried CPU or faulty GPU? stupidity the fan was not connected running for about min I inspected my computer when i noticed that i had fragments on the screen and noticed that obviously i would need to connect the fan Don t know why that happen since i use to configure rigs since years must have been the bottle of wine earlier that night Anyways after correcting my fault the system still boots up but it takes ages for the video screen to come live it seems strange then i suppose if i would have fried the cpu there would be nothing going on anymore is this correct the system tries to boot up and the fans spin high for about minutes or more then finally the bios boots up that already my first concern since it is not normal and would boot into bios immediately after i power it on then after - minutes in windows my screen goes blue green and stays there and the system looks like it is in standby mode Previously before i came to the island and i had it at home i had a nice ati hd under the bonnet and it happened just shortly before i left to come here that i had fragments on the screen and then the display went to one strange colour like blue with fragmets or half the screen having fragments I thought the card has a problem so i replaced it with my older gtx where the system was runnign again however this card i thought did prior to buying the hd also having a n issue thus buying the new hd Now since i had this issue with the cpu i am not sure what the problem could be is it the graphic card or the CPU or the MB As mentioend before at the moment the computer needs - minute to boot actually it does not boot for several minutes and i see the led lights flicker then it boots i login to win and after - minutes the screen goes blue green or similar colour and it seems to hang no light indications anymore nothing Any one experienced the same I asked our IT for a spare card but of course we dont have one i will need to wait at least couple of months till the hd is back an option is right now to change my older cpu which i have with me to see whether the new cpu has been fried or not Help please tech geeks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fried-cpu-or-faulty-gpu.956362/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi i have hp envy 15-ae009tx laptop and that have keyboard problem.how i can change it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Keyboard-Faulty/td-p/5786216
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I have been having a problem with the system which was a Faulty Equipment replacement for a previous system that had a problem My current system has had repair personnel out to my home several times and has been in the Dell shop for Faulty Equipment repairs several times as well I have backed up and reformatted my drive Have had everything but the screen replaced and still have a problem I was told that I would be receiving a replacement unit but nothing has happened update now something will be shipped between and but what they will ship is unknown I even requested a free upgrade and was told that they can only send me the same unit just refurbished Any ideas what to do Customer service is surely lacking and I have been a devout Dell user for years and have convinced family and friends to buy Dell I even got my wife to purchase Dell equipment for teachers at her former school I have copies of all emails that show that this was to be done Thank you Brian

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19995495
Relevancy 33.97%

This is a very strange issue for me...
need 2 know your opinion!

Brand new laptop DELL XPS m1530 with LCD LG 1440/900.
So , when i open the lid and Vista starts it always catch my eyes.
Always when i touch harder the kbd or move something on my desk - on the upper area on the screen theres's a tiny place which trembles (the effect is like touching water in glass). What do u think? Is this a serious problem? Do i have to return it? Or just share yout thoughts...
Thank u!!!

A:Maybe faulty screen?

If it is under warrenty then yes you should return it, bc if you keep it and the screen breaks after the warrenty is up the bill will probably be almost as the laptop its self

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/maybe-faulty-screen.106952/
Relevancy 33.97%

I bought what was supposed to be a GF8440 GS card from an ebay seller which was identified by my W7 PC as a GF8300 GS card.

The card seems faulty as it can only provided 640 x 480 resolution on both VGA and DVI.

Probably a chip fault but is it worth taking the heatsink off an reapplying paste ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/faulty-pci-e-card.1164990/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hey guys I had a quick question regarding my PS keyboard not working help! Faulty Mobo?! Need on initial boot up I just finished by new build turned the computer on and get a screen on the monitor with an ABIT logo that says press tab to show POST press DEL to enter setup Now the problem is that my keyboard doesn t work Here s what I ve tried so far I took the keyboard and hooked it up Need help! Faulty Mobo?! to another computer and it Need help! Faulty Mobo?! works fine there so the keyboard isn t faulty I got a PS to USB converter and hooked the keyboard up to that to see if a USB connection would work but still doesn t I tried using a completely different keyboard as-well and it also doesn t work Is it safe to say that my motherboard is broken When I start it up it gives me the beep so I assumed it was working properly This is my first build that I ve ever put together so forgive me if it s something really simple that I just am not thinking of I just took out the CMOS battery for minutes put it back in and it still doesn t work After the first quot beep quot the lights on the keyboard will flash but then it doesn t work I also took out all hardware and put it back in checking all the connections to make sure they were secure ect Here s my hardware ABIT IP -E Motherboard Intel ghz nm GT GB Ballistics W Cosair nbsp

Relevancy 33.97%

Ive got a radeon 9800 pro off my friend. Im guessing its faulty cos the screen goes all distorted. Look at the pic:

Is there any way to fix a problem like this?

And secondly ive got a 9500 pro. In device manager it says "radeon 9500 pro/ 9700. And in rivatuner it tell me i have the 256bit R300 with 8 pipelines. The core is clocked at 263 and memory is 562. What do i have?? Im using the omega 2.6.25 drivers by the way.

And lastly how would the 9500 pro compare to a geforce 6200a, the one with a 64bit memory interface.

Thanks.

A:Faulty 9800 pro?

Looks like the 9800 is bad. You also lucked out and got a 9500 Pro with a 9700 core. You can use soft modded drivers and turn the card into a 9700. Check here http://www.techpowerup.com/. The 6200 is crap and the ones with 64bit memory are royal crap.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/faulty-9800-pro.28237/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guys I have a philips freevents laptop x model It comes with a i core duo processor My Laptop faulty gb ram gig hdd and shared memory intel display adapter My problem started a couple My faulty Laptop of weeks back when i installed MSDN version of Vista ultimate on it day tial I shut down the system My faulty Laptop it was a proper shut down but my laptop wouldnt start next morning Completely dead and none of the keys would work except for the battery charging indicator when connected to the power My faulty Laptop supply I gave it to a local computer shop who fixed it in abot days at a cost of quid But guess what i bring home the comouter and it was working perfectly fine and then i shut down and the process repeated again The service engineer at the shop says he replace a few quot resistors amp capacitors quot which i kinda find hard to believe being a electronics engineer myself albeit a really really bad one and he says the problem was caused by rapid temperature change Well i returned back my comp to the same guy to fix it again and he is supposed to return it back to me again today im wondering what to do next bring home and try another session on Vista or revert back to XP Im not sure if this issue is caused by vista or some kinda fault in my hardware I would like you guys to keep in mind that like most other computer geeks my average session on the comp last atleast to hours Suggestion and input on this matter is highly appreciated Tell me what to do guys yat nbsp

A:My faulty Laptop

I share your doubts about the "resistors and capacitors".

With amost all components being surface mount, bery little on the motherboard is "serviceable" to that extent.

But if it is new, why are you paying for service? Revert to XP and if it still persists send it back under warranty. And don't use cracked software.

Defeating the activation is a breach of the forum rules, so expect the post to be closed at any stage.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-faulty-laptop.569882/
Relevancy 33.97%

My Notebook keyboard has stopped working. The touchpad appears to be ok. Also the battery light does not work although the battery charges ok. The virtual keyboard is ok. I have reset the unit back to factory settings which did not solve the problem. Windows 10 has been installed and uninstalled on the reset but the keyboard remained faulty. Everything was perfect until I passed through airport security a few days ago, although this unit has been through several times before. Any help would be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Keyboard-faulty/td-p/5630649
Relevancy 33.97%

I m having a hell of a time figuring out why I get the BSOD I have a thread here http www techspot com vb topic html There I had my minidumps examined and it seemed to show signs of faulty RAM Then I tried one stick alone no problems then the other no problems Both again and after several days finally I get one crash I can t tell what it is anymore A friend suggested maybe the mobo was having problems RAM How determine to faulty if is keeping up in dual channel or that the mobo was set for a heavy demand on the RAM and when both are in they can t work together fast enough I don t know I m close How to determine if RAM is faulty to getting new RAM but would hate to still have the same problem I have GB X GB of Kingston PC DDR pin Value RAM Link to RAM given in thread listed above My PC is BRAND NEW there How to determine if RAM is faulty seem to be no problems brand new p s everything I m half out of my head over this I ve had this system for nearly months without stability nbsp

A:How to determine if RAM is faulty

http://www.memtest.org

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-determine-if-ram-is-faulty.35153/