Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Zune

Q: Microsoft Zune

Well i'm not really sure if thiis is the right place to ask but has any1 bought or know someone who has a zune? im thinkin about gettin 1 and am not really sure if they got all the bug worked outta them yet, cuz i heard that they don't work as a hdd yet but they are workin on it. got any suggestions?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Zune

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Microsoft Zune

Yeah, I bought one the same day they came out. I was looking at an iPod. Some friends have had problems with them so I decided to check out the Zune. It can not be used as a HDD at this time as you already know.

Funny thing is, or I found it amusing at least, is that right out of the box it requires a firmware update! Looks like something sooooo new, MS would have already done this before release. The update only takes a few minutes, no biggy really. BUGS???I have not encountered anything strage operationally.

One thing(s) to consider.....the iPod's I believe have adjustable EQ's where the ZUNE only has presets to choose from. The ear buds that come with it really dont sound that great....to me at least. It is ONLY compatable with XP, forget about using 2000. I had to upgrade my laptop to XP to use the Zune, didnt realize this at purchase. Not compatible with Vista either....as of yet anyways. You will need to buy a DVD converter to copy movies to the Zune. Or try and find a free one....they dont exist believe me. (my problem now is finding one that works well, there are many out there)

The Zune software you DL on your PC is very easy to use. The screen itself on the Zune looks very very good. It comes pre-loaded with several music videos and short movie clips. The Zune syncs easy with the PC, no problems at all....so far....remember this is by MS!

So far I am happy with mine....I have already DL'd around 300 songs on it. You can search your music by band, genre, song etc. Storing pictures on it is very similiar. So far I would recommend you buying one!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune.63598/
Relevancy 60.63%

I m not sure if this is against the rules on here but do any of you own a Microsoft Zune the nd generation gb First of all I love the player and would own another one in a heart beat maybe get the HD models But the question is does anyone have the same issue where the player freezes on you during playback It is so random but the music freezes up on me With that said it doesn t do it a lot just occasionally and when it does its annoying It will play freeze play the song further then freeze Sounds like a scratched CD Something else I read was something about the clocks They sent me a mailing label to mail it back zune Microsoft because they were going to Microsoft zune replace the hard drive in it The second thing I have going on with the player is that during data sync I get a ton of error codes saying quot problem communicating with the player quot please reconnect and reboot the device Well long story short I have to keep re connecting the usb cable and keep hitting the sync button and eventually all of my music copies to the device What I dislike about the zune is the zune software I believe that there is glitches in the zune software itself its too generic not very user friendly and wishes I could just use Windows Explorer I have another mp player from creative labs the zen extra and its music management program works flawless and its user friendly But I wanted to ask around and see if other people own a zune and had the same issue If so did you get it fixed and what did you do to get it fixed Mine was a refurbished model from ebay paid dollars for it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune.1070126/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I really didn't know where to post this, but does anyone know if the new Microsoft Zune MP3 player supports Asian text? The VAST majority of my music contains some sort of Asian text, be it Chinese or Korean. It would be a real kick in the nickers if I couldn't read the titles of my... 3,000+ songs.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune.529198/
Relevancy 60.63%

When I upgraded to windows 8, I kept my music on an external hard drive. I opened up microsoft zune to import my music and it popped up with error code C00D0BBE: DRM could not be used. I looked for a fix, but the fix is dependent on windows media player, which windows 8 does not have. I can refresh the licenses, but it won't do any good if I don't have windows media player or the windows DRM component. Can anyone help me?

A:Microsoft Zune DRM?

Does the device show up as a usable device in Settings > Account after opening Zune and logging in? If not, your problem is larger than playing music.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/4544-microsoft-zune-drm.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I just heard today that MS is going to release a rival to the Ipod. Anyone heard much about it? Sounds like it works on its own version of itunes, does that mean it won't work with windows media player?

A:Microsoft Zune

The Zune is coming out November 14th with a $249.99 price tag for 30 gb of storage. You can pay an optional $14.99 monthly subscription dubbed the Zune pass that gives you access to "millions of songs". You can also buy individual tracks for 79 microsoft points.

Link to press release with more information including how much the accessories will cost.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2006/sep06/09-28ZunePricingAvailabilityPR.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune.505400/
Relevancy 60.2%

Well I was in the market Zune Microsoft 30GB for a new mp player as I broke my old Creative Zen MicroPhoto and ended up buying a Zune on ebay they are not actually available for sale in stores in Australia First Microsoft Zune 30GB off I was expecting a much larger box for it to arive in I was kind of suprised that it was as small as it was not that its really small though The layout of the box is kinda neat though Headphones that came with it are pretty good for default earbuds they also are magnetic and have small little clips on the back so you can clip together back to back Nifty and rather handy I have found Video quality is very nice for an mp player I think Although I dont use it for video just music I have watched the little videos that came on it I thought they were very nice quality It has WiFi novelty maybe but not a feature I really care about and think I will ever use Interface looks nice and performs well although I do prefer the interface of my old Zen MicroPhoto I am dissapointed that you cant use the device as a portable hard drive I have read that you can do a couple of changes to your windows registry and it will show up as a portable hard drive But I dont really care about this I have flash drives that are sufficient for my portable storage needs Its not perfect and has no extraordinary features but If you are in the market for a mp player and don t like iPods as I do consider a Zune If anyone has any questions about the Zune I will be happy to help you as best I can nbsp

A:Microsoft Zune 30GB

Did it come with the new firmware ? When the second generation of Zune players came out, it was officially possible to upgrade old Zune players to the second generation firmware.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-30gb.101363/
Relevancy 60.2%

does anyone know what the hell is up with these things i bought one aroudn xmas time cuz it was supposed to be the new best thing that was user friendly i got it brand new from Besy Buy theres not one bit on instructions and no kind of message board or anything on their site All there is is a support line that of course is closed now st all of the sudden this thing just starts adding files from my cpu to the zune library whenever I open the software I changed the option to quot not automatically sync when i open the program quot nd for the life of me i cannot figure out how to put videos on it It either wont accept the file when i drag it in it gives me the little X or it adds the video with no sound again there is no instructions pleaseeeeee zune help microsoft AT ALL and the support and troubl shooting on the web i do not have the patience for thanx nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Last July i bought a microsoft zune mp player for my birthday I installed in on a crappy lowgrade Toshiba Tecra Laptop my primary computer running xp pressional Installed without a hitch and worked great In october the hard drive crashed and burned literaly i was using the computer when it happened so i was using the house pc until i bought a new Player Zune Mp3 Microsoft one on I am using this one currently Its an exellent computer that can run anything dell insprion BUT it cant run anything because of Vista Vista is the one and ONLY problem that i have with compatibility My Microsoft Zune player will not work on vista unless i download the patch that they made That is where the problem is My vista is the Microsoft Zune Mp3 Player Basic home edition bit and the patch is made for the Vista Premium bit WTH The company makes the VISTA and the ZUNE Is there a patch for the bit or do i have to upgrade my OS or prefereably downgrade to XP home edition or wait a few months and buy an mp player that will work on vista The house computer running windows XP home is off limits to my ZUNE so that option is out of the question I dont want to buy a new anything I just want my MP player to work Right when I loaded the disk in the computer it said not compatible with operating system and thats how i found out about the patch I hope that i didnt waste one something not even a yr old So is there some other way around my problem There is a game that i play Delta Force Black Hawk Down I bought that game back when it came out in i believe and that is the only thing that i installed on this computer that worked without a hitch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-zune-mp3-player.673359/
Relevancy 59.34%

I am running xp sp3 and i just did a system restore. Now my zume software will not run. When i clickon the icon, i get the loading mouse pointer, then it goes off and the program does not run. when i go to run in the start menu, put in "zune.exe". in the task manager it shows it come up for a second,then the process dissappears. I have uninstall and reinstall 4 time , no luck .I have check all suggestion ever thing ok.This issue was before i installed sp3.To day i unstalled zune again, but this time i installed version 1.0 from cd that can with zune device, it will open.but when i plug the zune device in ,it state "to start, update the zune software on your pc." I went to windows update and downloaded version 2.5, but when it said launch nothing came up. Everthing is same as before.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-zune-software-will-not-open-290925.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I had some problems with Microsoft Zune, it abruptly gave me "Microsoft Zune has encountered an error" message etc, I tried to uninstall it but hit a wall and had many problems. At my wits end I decided to do a system restore and start anew. All hell broke loose then, my Microsoft Security Centre has now renamed both firewall and virus to alerts to "Freedom" and I'm getting messages about how "Freedom" can not launch properly. Zune has gone completely nuts on me and wont even uninstall and sometime on boot up I get nothing but a blue screen background with my mouse cursor. It's all very tedious, help would be appreciated.

A:Microsoft Security Centre "Freedom" and Zune.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344001/microsoft-security-centre-freedom-and-zune/
Relevancy 58.91%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, my Zune software does not recognize my Zune 80 Gb Player. It shows up in Device Manager, has the latest driver installed, and shows to be working properly, but does not show up in My Computer. The Zune is in Player Recovery Mode, and I have received the following error code "C00D124F-not enough space; try deleting some flies & try again" when it tries to update. I have tried several self-help solutions, but nothing has worked! Can anyone help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-zune-software-doesnt-recognize-my-zune.910971/
Relevancy 39.99%
Q: Zune?

hi, I am trying to install zune on my buddies computer, but it doesn't recognize the device. I have tried following directions from microsoft, which were to rename the catroot file, but it tells me, either access is denied or system cannot find the file specified, did the same thing when I tried to rename the Edb.log file
I know his usb ports work, which is how the device is connected to the pc, cause when I plug in my flash drive, it lights up, but it doesn't show the drive, why is this? His cable modem is connected to the usb also.
Help me help him please

A:Zune?

This could happen for 3 reasons.
You are using a faulty USB port, hub, or hub cable.
the zune software installation is faulty.
An unsupported driver is installed on the computer.

You should try to get the latest version of the zune software here.
http://www.zune.net/meetzune/software.htm

2. Reset the Zune device. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Disconnect the Zune Sync Cable.
b. Set the Hold switch to the unlocked position.
c. Press and hold the Back button as you press the top of the Control Pad.
d. After the device starts, reconnect the sync cable.

Or connect it to another USB port on the PC.

Or, ( gotten from the microsoft site )
Register the Windows Media Device Manager (WMDM) for Zune devices service. To do this, follow these steps: a. a. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Zune\zunesp.dll", and then click OK. You receive the following message:
DllRegisterServer in C:\Program Files\Zune\zunesp.dll succeeded.
Note A .dll file is a set of functions that can be executed or data that can be used by a Windows application.
b. Click OK.

or

Check Device Manager. To do this, follow these steps:a. With the device connected to the computer, click Start, click Run, type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK.
b. Expand Portable Devices, and then make sure that a listing for Zune is displayed.
If the Zune device does not appear under Portable Devices, locate and then expand Other Devices. If there is a listing for a USB device, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929487 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929487/) Your Zune device appears as a USB device under Other devices in Device Manager, but the device does not appear in the Zune software
If the Zune device appears in Device Manager with a black exclamation point (!) on a yellow field under Portable Devices, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929279 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929279/) Error message: "The software you are installing for this hardware: Zune has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP"
If the Zune device appears as installed and working correctly under Portable Devices, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929357 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929357/) The Zune software does not recognize a Zune device after you install the software and connect the device to a computer
If the Zune device does not appear in Device Manager at all, follow the steps that are outlined in the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
929486 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929486/) Your Zune device does not appear in the Zune software or in Device Manager

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.536699/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys. Is there a simple way of making the Zune 8gb work on Windows XP X64 SP2 without installing a 32-bit version of Windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-on-x64-398765.html
Relevancy 39.99%
Q: Zune

my Zune software will not open, it crashes when i attempt to open it, it just says "microsoft zune has encountered a problem and needs to close" what could be the problem.

Event Type: clr20r3

P1: zune.exe

P2: 2.3.1338.0

P3: 47881c46

P4: zuneshell

P5: 2.1.0.0

P6: 47881b32

P7: 27f

P8: 1c

P9: system.typeloadexception

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/133904/zune/
Relevancy 39.99%

hey i have a pent 4 3.0ghertz 2gig ram

and i run most programs at virtually no cpu loss. then i load up my zune, and it skyrockets to 100%! it lags everything out. i have a zune, so i really need to keep this software, but i cant do anything with it. it never used to run this high before.

hell i can even run crysis on medium with no quality loss and still only use 40-50% of my cpu

anything i can do? modify? delete? add? change? blow up?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-using-all-my-cpu.755236/
Relevancy 39.99%

Can some one please tell me how can i get the songs/files off of my zune 80 to my computer (windows vista)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.702215/
Relevancy 39.99%

Just got a Zune. Probably a stupid question, but do I have to keep all the songs on my PC that are going to be on my Zune? For example, I have a hundred cd's or so, so I was going to put them all on the Zune. Do I have to rip them all and KEEP them all on my PC too? So then when I get a new CD and rip it, and then sync it, will I lose all the music I already put on the Zune since it'll search the folder and find they aren't there?

A:Zune

As I see it, you don't need to keep all your cd tracks on both PC and Zune. When you rip a new CD and sync with your Zune, the sync process will only check to see which tracks on your PC are not on the Zune, not vice versa.

Of course, "the proof is in the pudding" -- without a more informed opinion you'll only know for sure when you try it. To be on the safe side before trying it, back up all those ripped tracks on your PC to a zip folder before deleting the originals. Now rip a new CD that isn't on the Zune, then connect it to the PC and run the sync process. That will answer your question for sure. But you'll still have your backups in the zip folder if I'm wrong!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.528306/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hello all I was wondering if anyone knew how to transfer music from a G MAC OXs operating system to a gig Zune I tried to download the software to my PC Old XP and it didnt work So my brother has a G which has over unpurchased downloaded and CD ripped music I know that other songs from the actual iTunes store wont transfer but can I just hook the USB up and then transfer files Is there a step by step thing I can use Im not computer savvy in the least bit but I just bought this thing and I cant use it Please help if anyone can OR if anyone can help me with downloading the Zune software I kept getting to the quot End User quot agreement but when it quot checks for updates quot from Microsoft it kind of just dies freezes and says Error Leads me to another microsoft page to download something else did that still didnt work and now Im stuck again was I suppose to open something Or run something at the same time Dont know please help Anyone

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-anyone-new-here-359529.html
Relevancy 39.99%

How do I copy a DVD to my Zune?

Relevancy 39.99%

Hi everyone For Christmas I received one of those Zune things which was a great gift except for the fact that I am having trouble deleting songs off of it For example the Zune came with songs already preloaded Zune! my help I need with onto it I need help with my Zune! indie bands that I m not interested in and I can t figure out how to erase them off my Zune player The files aren t found in my library and the stupid owner s manual doesn t address the issue of deleting songs at all Also I have noticed that whatever songs I download into my library automatically end up on my Zune player which I don t want Sometimes I just want to synch my Zune with one or two songs off an album - not the entire album and for some reason it s not letting me do that If anyone on here could be of any help I d greatly appreciate it I have a ton of songs on my player that I ll never want to listen to and I d love to remove them Thanks in advance for your advice suggestions or help --Liz nbsp

A:I need help with my Zune!

do not own a zune. so i really cant help. but until someone comes along that knows more than i. why not check the following. web page on zune, also a link to the forum.

http://www.zunerama.com/

http://www.zunerama.com/forum/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-need-help-with-my-zune.529689/
Relevancy 39.99%

I am thinking about buying a zune for my car. I don't know what one to buy. Is the 80 gig better than the 30 or does it just cause problems?
Ukeath

A:Which Zune

If I was you I'd buy the 80 gig... get it off of newegg.com or something and it's only about 50$ more for 50 more gigs. That's great.

I haven't heard of any specific problems with the 80 gig comparing it to the 30, but the software that comes with the Zune blows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-zune.669309/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey Guys I don't know wheter to post this as I have tried zune net Zune and zuneboard Zune etc and still no success I have a zune no complaints there marvelous device Zune My problem is that I have upgraded to vista sorry for stating the obvious Half way through my first installation techincally the upgrade from XP My darling daughter hit the power switch and killed everything on the hdd boot ini failed error Then Clean install and reloaded everything back on - now for the problem My zune software does not recongise the music previously stored on my zune The original files were it looked for them are not there any more I have all the files backed up on cd but is there a zune program to access the hdd of the zune I've tried zune enabler doesn't want to work with x or ME perhaps and the zune reg hack is basically the zune enabler the long way round I can not ring Zune support as this was a ebay purchase and I live in Australia so the call costs would be pricey Does anyone have any other suggestions Thanks for help in advance by the way I have ish zune software

A:Zune

Have you tried downloading the newest version?
The current version of Zune software is 3.1.620.0. To check the version you have installed, open Zune software, then click Settings, General, About Zune.
I have reinstalled my OS many times and never had this problem, and I have added and removed music without fail. You might have to wipe the zune or something.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/205093-zune.html
Relevancy 39.99%

My zune is not working, when I turn it on it says "1 Connect Zune to your PC", "2 On your PC, open the Zune software and restore teh Zune device firmware." I have done that three times. I have tried turning the Zune off and restarting my computer. I cannot get it to work. Please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune.890270/
Relevancy 39.99%

how could i go about taking music off of the computer that i purchase using my zune subscription and moving it to another computer without loosing it. can the music be burnt to a cd like with ITUNES or is it stuck on that one machine.??

-andy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-s.635164/
Relevancy 39.99%

I just got a Zune 120 Gb and so far I am pleased with it using the Zune software. I have 2 questions. Should the Zune show up under My Computer? How cone Windows Media Player does not show it as a sync device?

Relevancy 39.56%

Which is going to be the last man standing? All great programs. iPhones, Blackberries and so forth are on the rise. It even does gaming. What does that mean for people with all these media players on their hard drives? It's portability now, not just laptops but these mobile gadgets most of all. Sure they are expensive but they work for people. People GET IT! And they are catching on.
One more point. Anyone have a Zune device? lol!

A:Zune Vs. WMP 12 Vs. J. River Vs. VLC

I have 2 zunes and will have a vista computer to support them. I suppose at some point MS will have to include zune and Ipod drivers if they want to sell any operating systems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/6008-zune-vs-wmp-12-vs-j-river-vs-vlc.html
Relevancy 39.56%

hi, i am looking for help. i am on window vista home basic. i have recently bought a windows phone and have to have Zune on my pc in order to recieve updates. When i try to install Zune i keep getting the message 'Setup must stop because the required package 'Zune' didn't install' followed by error code 0x8007005. I have tried many sites including chatting to some one on microsoft and i'm still at square one. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi All , got a question about WP7.5 . Does Zune software install on windows 8 for the WP7.5. Or can you tell me what feature we are supposed to use with windows phone for sync.
Thanks

A:Zune Software

Yes, Zune software will work on Windows 8 for WP7.5 and it works just like it does on Windows 7. If you have a Zune Pass with subscribed music you won't be able to play it in the Music App because the DRM has changed between Zune and XBox Music. However it will still play in Zune...BUT! If you download new music from the Music App it won't play in Zune and you won't be able to sync it to your phone. It's a pretty messy transition.

Obviously everything is supposed to work better when you use Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/12687-zune-software.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi guys I need your help please Just purchased a Zune GB all that came with it was a software CD when Zune help please required, put it into PC I get these pop-ups Selected file has extension rar that is not recognised by WMP and WMP cannot play file Player might not support file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress file Zune will not sync to PC Zune help required, please I have been on microsoft help website and on Zune website and as I am no expert on computer matters can anyone steer me in the right direction please Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R G GV GL Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc JC CN F NG Antivirus ThreatFire Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Zune help required, please

You just purchased a brand new Zune? I didn't think Microsoft was making them any longer. What software CD came with it? Zune's use Windows Media Player.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-help-required-please.1020151/
Relevancy 39.56%

When I first installed the zune software I put it in my program files When I looked at my program with help software Need zune files i saw that there was a bunch of random zune files all over the place I created a new folder called Zune and moved all of the zune files into it When I started the zune software it gave me an error message that said fatel error-please reinstall zune software I went to the control panel and clicked add and remove programs I attempted to remove the zune software but it said it could not be found so i deleted all of the zune files manually After I did I went to thier website and tried to reinstall the software but it says I already have the latest verison of the software installed I think I may have to delete something in the registry or something like that but I do not even know how to access it Does anyone know what to do I am useing vista nbsp

A:Need help with zune software

you have deleted the files but not the registry data. find the data in regedit and remove it but be sure NOT to remove anything other than zune labled items otherwise it can be fatal for your computer or other software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-zune-software.876854/
Relevancy 39.56%

If my memory serves me correctly, Zune allows transfer of music (others?) to other zune players... does anyone know what the agreement is about copyrighted music? does anyone have Zune?

A:Zune Player

I guess this is a late reply, but since I have a Zune now, you can transfer copyrighted music to other Zunes. You can play them 3 times over teh course of three days. Of course there are ways to get by th---OK i'll stop talking now.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-player.522664/
Relevancy 39.56%

I'm aware that zune came out with x64 versions of their software, but only for vista, none of em work on xp x64. I've heard that its possible if you alter some program files or such you can make it work, does any one know how to do this?

A:Zune Software on XP 64

yes, I google searched and got about 1.6million hits. I read several of the links and it cretainly looks like it can be done.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=XP+64+Zune

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-software-on-xp-64.712698/
Relevancy 39.56%

I am trying to sell my Zune and attemting now to erase the contents of it which I haven't even turned on in like 2 years. I installed all of the software and it recognizes the device, but says that there is no content on the device even though there is 27GB of music and pictures. Anyone know what the deal is and how to fix? Thanks.

A:Zune for Windows 7

Press and hold the Back button while pressing "up" on the control pad.

The Zune will start to reset. Immediately press and hold the Back button and at the same time press "right" on the control pad and the OK button in the center of the Control Pad. Hold these buttons until your Zune device restarts and you receive the message "Clearing contents. Please wait."

When the Home screen appears, the erase is complete, and you can again use the Zune device.
This should also allow you to sync it to another machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130767-zune-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi, my Zune software does not recognize my Zune 80 Gb Player. It shows up in Device Manager, has the latest driver installed, and shows to be working properly, but does not show up in My Computer. The Zune is in Player Recovery Mode, and I have received the following error code "C00D124F-not enough space; try deleting some flies & try again" when it tries to update. I have tried several self-help solutions, but nothing has worked! Can anyone help?

A:Zune 80GB

Was it dropped?

From google searches, it looks like it needs to be sent in for repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-80gb.931328/
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi I just downloaded the Zune software and when I open the program (after installing it) It just looks like a bunch of shadings and dashes that I cant read any help??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-software.108102/
Relevancy 39.56%

One thing I can't stand about XP is its ugly task bar and start button.
Luckily Zune Desktop Theme is tolerable, but the orange start button is getting on my nerves!

Royale Noir isn't as reliable as Zune, but it looks about as good...

Does anybody know of other themes (without downloading a skinning software)

OR

Does anybody know how to open up the images that create the theme and edit them in photoshop and replace them??

I've heard people trying resource hacker or something, and I got access to open the bitmaps and edit them and even replace them- but no changes were made, and if I remember correctly- it just used standard (non xp) theme...

Does anybody know a way to edit either the Windows theme or the Zune theme?

It's crazy that there is only Zune and Royale. Only 2? C'mon!!!

Anyways, any help is appreciated.

A:Zune - Royale - Any others?

hello Matt313,

check here

plus they have many other links that you ming find useful

http://themes.belchfire.net/index.ph...oads&showcat=5

hope this helps

Mike

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-royale-any-others-213139.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I bought a gb Zune Media Player and I can't use it I have dial-up so I can't complete the part where it begins to quot Install Components quot because it would take wayyyyyyyy too long to download since it connects to the internet to install those components more than overnight I've installed Service Pack and net framework because I figured it would want those updates since With Need Zune Help Software the zune is from microsoft and it said quot Checking for Updates quot before it said quot Downloading Components quot I need to Need Help With Zune Software know if I can get a FULL package that does not require any internet access or as little as a mb download from the internet that will install the Zune software so Need Help With Zune Software I can use this thing It's been sitting around for weeks now Or if you can show me how to successfully hack my zune or find me another way to sync music without using the Zune Software then I'd appreciate that even more since I heard that the software encrypts all your mp s so you can't use them freely I don't care what size the file is because I can go to my friends and download it I just don't want it to download from MY computer because my internet sucks In other words I need a redistributable package that will make this zune work some way Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-with-zune-software-332684.html
Relevancy 39.56%

When I first installed the zune software I put it in my program files When I looked at my program files i saw that there was a bunch of random zune files all over the help Need with software zune place I created Need help with zune software a new folder called Zune and moved all of the zune files into it When I started the zune software it gave me an error message that said fatel error-please reinstall zune software I went to the control panel and clicked add and remove programs I attempted to remove the zune software but it said it could not be found so i deleted all of the zune files manually After I did I went to thier website and tried to reinstall the software but it says I already have the latest verison of the software installed I think I may have to delete something in the registry or something like that but I do not even know how to access it Does anyone know what to do I am useing vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/need-help-with-zune-software-431247.html
Relevancy 39.56%

i have windows XP. My zune software will not run no matter what i do i un-installed it and re-installed like 3 times and it will not run and restarted my computer also. I don't know what else to do will someone HELP ME PLZ

A:Zune Troubles Plz Help :'[

Did you look in the Zune forums?

http://forums.zune.net/6/ShowForum.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-troubles-plz-help-219154.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hi Do Anyone Know Where Or How I Can Get Videos On My Zune, Is There A Good Website That Someone Can Tell Me About Please

A:Looking for Zune Video Please Help!

You can get it in zunedownloads.com. It has unlimited downloads for Zune which extents from Music To Music Videos, Movies & Much More! You Will Also Be Able To Download Unlimited & Continuously Updated Music, Movies, Games, Videos, TV Shows, Torrent Files & More!
Enjoy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-zune-video-please-help.553171/
Relevancy 39.56%

hey, i have been trying to download zune 3.1 software straight from the zune site, and when it begins to install, it will stop and say it cant install because of a problem with "zunewlancfgsvc". any ideas as to what the problem is?

i went to the microsoft page and downloaded what they say will fix it, but it didnt. any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. i have a fairly new computer with windows xp. i did have zune installed, but it wouldnt reconiz my player, so i thought i would de install, and try again. big mistake i guess. thanks for any help. clary

A:cant download zune?

If you had the Zune software installed already you should have been able to upgrade the software from within the software itself. You shouldn't have to download the full release.

Are you saving the install file to your PC first and then launching the install after it is downloaded.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-download-zune.781343/
Relevancy 39.56%

I just installed the Zune 3.0 update. I rebooted after the update as the program instructed but now everytime I click to start the Zune application all I get is a warning that I must "restart the computer after the setup". I have restarted the computer several times but I still get the same warning and the application doesn't open. Before I remove and reinstall, does anyone have any other thoughts.
Thanks.

Relevancy 39.56%

No wonder so many dislike the MS Corp.; I installed Windows 7 RC, and the first device that isn't supported is my MS Zune player. It's absurd that a company as large and profitable as MS doesn't take care of its customers. Caveat Emptor!!

A:Zune drivers!

Quote: Originally Posted by palavering

No wonder so many dislike the MS Corp.; I installed Windows 7 RC, and the first device that isn't supported is my MS Zune player. It's absurd that a company as large and profitable as MS doesn't take care of its customers. Caveat Emptor!!

Well said!! It's awful to spend money on a microsoft zune and the latest greatest Win 7 zune drivers don't even exist. Bad move on MS's part.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/8899-zune-drivers.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Having problems with your 30gb Zune this morning? Don't worry, Microsoft is working on the problem. I am sure they will have a fix for it on Patch Tuesday. I am seriously pissed right now.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10805_3-10129977-75.html?tag=newsLeadStoriesArea.1

Relevancy 39.56%

I have the zune and my boyfriend recently got an ipod touch, but it will not let me have both on my computer, for me to be able to get songs on to his ipod I had to delete my zune software and it turned all my music into ipod songs. Is there any way to have both on a computer, I had even tried giving him his own profile but that didnt work either. Is there a way for me to have both on my computer?

Thanks

Relevancy 39.56%

Microsoft sold me a Zune (mpg player) and the software disk was included.
Microsoft also sold me Vista in my Compaq (now HP).
But, Vista cannot handle Microsoft's Zune. What's the deal here?
Can Bill Gates be that greedy? The Zune problem is only one of my problems,
there are so many "issues" with Vista, I'd give my first born for good old XP.
Brand new OS and I'm already looking for fixes! Only with Microslop...

A:Zune and Vista

First off stop complaining about the Zune and download the version 2.5 software/driver for the Zune, and do make sure you have Service Pack 1 for Vista installed. Complaining about the Zune and Windows Vista won't get you any help.

Zune.net | Zune Software - Download

Once the software is installed hook up the USB sync cable that came with the Zune, and you will be notified that there is a firmware update, which you will want to update too to use the 2.5 software.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/172144-zune-vista.html
Relevancy 39.56%

I am working on an XP Professional box that had the ZUNE installed. It keeps giving a fatal error code on startup and an error transmittal to be sent to Microsoft. I've tried to uninstall it and add/remove is unable to.

How do I get rid of this? My client does not have an MP3 player and wants it off.

A:Uninstalling ZUNE

Hello jfoster.you could try one of these utilities.
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
http://www.softwarepatch.com/software/moveonboot.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstalling-zune.676907/
Relevancy 39.56%

this is a random question, and forgive me if i've posted this in the wrong cat. but i have a zune and i think its great but the software that came with it is horrible/slow and malfunctions more then half the time. is there anyway i can turn the zune into an external hard drive and just copy songs or videos on to?

Relevancy 39.56%

Hi. I have all my music on itunes, but I have recently gotten a zune. I have tried dragging the music into my zune player and used a few downloadable converters, but I have got nothing to work. So if anyone knows a way to take music from itunes and make able to be put on a zune, I would be very greatful. THANKS!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-to-zune.917175/
Relevancy 39.56%

So which do you recommend? I am trying to decide between the two. I have iTunes on my computer already with about 20 or so purchased songs so that kind of leans me in that direction. I also have gotten my son a nano for Christmas so it would be keeping a tad more consistant with the iPod but I like a few things about the Zune. I don't want to pay a monthly subscription for music though as I prefer to buy a song once and then have unrestricted access. So if you have a good or bad experience and want to make a recommendation fire away.

A:Zune vs iPod

Hey Bruff,
You may want to use the search feature on this site. There are a few threads already about the Zune here. I bought a Zune myself and so far highly recommend it. Keep in mind there are a few things to consider.

1. Only compatible with XP. Nothing prior, and as of now its not compatible with Vista either.
2. The Zune ONLY has preset EQ settings. Nothing adjustable.
3. Little use for the wireless it has at the moment. (Stressing, at the moment)
4. If you transfer a purchased song wirelessly to another Zune. You can only listen to the song I think 3 times. (no biggy for me, I only transfer music from CD's to mine)
5. The ear buds that come with the Zune suck! (recommend buying the Bose ear buds)
6. Its made by Microsoft!
7. You MUST update the firmware upon installing software on PC. (not a big deal either.
8. Must purchase license for converting DVD's to the Zune. (not expensive)

Even with all the things I have listed here. I love mine! Not had a bit of troubles with it. Also you can demo one, they come pre-loaded with 3 movie clips, probably a dozen or more music videos. And a few dozen pictures.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/zune-vs-ipod.65288/
Relevancy 39.56%

I accidentally dropped my Zune today. Not a big drop. When I pressed down, it froze and it highlighted both Music and Video. I resetted it but it came with an Error 5 message (the one that says contact support). The worst part is that I live in Australia so i HAVE no support. Am I screwed? I just got it a week or so ago. I decided to do a full reset.

However, how long does it take to rebuild an 80gb hard drive? My thing has been on Please Wait for a long time. Does it have something to do with leaving it connected to my PC? Because I have to leave it connected or else it just turns off since the battery dies.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-message-3-and-5.738419/
Relevancy 39.13%

I made a few key blunders uninstalling my Zune Software In short I want to reinstall it but the installer says that it is already on my Software Cannot reinstall Zune computer Here's the entire story Cannot reinstall Zune Software When I first installed the program I accidentally installed the files to my program files folder as in all of Cannot reinstall Zune Software the files were just laying there in that folder instead of program files zuneplayer for example So I brazenly thought I could simply cut and paste those files into a new folder Obviously the end result was that the program would not start Well since I was already stupidly shifting files around manually I decided to unistall manually by deleting the zune folder that I just made This is the part where I tried to reinstall it and the installer still thought the program was there So I used add remove programs which was also unsuccessful In addition the program is not listed in the add remove programs list anymore Next I decided that it must be wiped from the registry As you might guess I went in manually and deleting everything zune related This did not work either Next I searched online for some solutions and tried UnZoone without success and also CCleaner with which I deleted all unused registry entries and files and also one system start-up service that remained So I believe that everything zune-related has been completely wiped from my system yet the installer still believes that the software is already installed and automatically quot checks for updates quot and there are none Any thoughts on how to install the zune software excluding a reformat Thanks in advance --thedirkus

A:Cannot reinstall Zune Software

Sorry, but is there really no answer to this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cannot-reinstall-zune-software-399552.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Ok I just got a zune and it works great. Now with the zune I got the leather case with gave me 5 free songs, with is around 800 MS points.... problem is when I go to redeem these points I get this....

Image Link

Anyone know how to fix this?

Relevancy 39.13%

I bought a zune recently and when I went to install it to goes through all the update complete thing then it freezes with a white/green/pink jumbled screen. I have windows XP and DX9. What could be the problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-installing-zune.660730/
Relevancy 39.13%

The Zune is not detecting the Windows Phone which it was detecting normally a week ago.
I have tried reinstalling Zune, restarting, manually selecting drivers from Zune under Update Driver. But no affect.
Something else that I can try to solve this? The USB port is working fine, I have tested it with other devices.
-SOLVED-

A:Zune not detecting the device

How did you solve it? Posting what you did will help others that have the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/224989-zune-not-detecting-device.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I was just wanting to know if anyone else out there was impressed with the new Zune software. I really have been taken back with the way I get to see some cool facts and pics of the group I am listening to. I was just wondering if iTunes has something like that, that looks and feels like the Zune Software. I only ask because i have never owned an iPoS or anything else with and "i".
Long live the Zune!

A:Zune Software vs. iTunes

I know Rhapsody does something like that. I have an iPod so I have to use iTunes, but I don't like it that much. I have never tried the Zune software, though I have heard it sucks.

~Lordbob

http://www.vistax64.com/software/204685-zune-software-vs-itunes.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I recently purchased Cucusoft Zune coverting software....I used the demo version on my other laptop and it worked perfect and it crashed and burned. So I bought a new laptop within a couple of days of puchasing the software,,,,,My new computer has Ultimate 64 bit...I have e-mailed and e-mail these people until I'm blue in the face I have sent them a file they asked for 3 other times and thats all they do is ask for this file that has been sent...PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF TONS OF TROUBLE AND DO NOT BUY FROM THEM...
I asked them if the 64 bit was a problem their answer was send file such and such...DUH..
Any advice??????

A:Cucusoft Zune converter

the problem is actually the Zune. Microsoft made it incompatible with both Vista and 64 bit systems for some dumb reason i have been seeing the problem everywhere

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cucusoft-zune-converter.701776/
Relevancy 39.13%

just looking for some help. im wondering what the best way is to get all of my videos to play on a zune, ill be getting one soon. if the software wontconvert all my videos what could i use to do so? thanks for any help.

A:Solved: zune videos

ah thanks a lot! ill check it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-zune-videos.697832/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am considering buying a zune or ipod, the 120G models. I am almost decided on Zune, one of the big reasons being that the larger screen would be much better for video playback. But I read that the larger screen doesn't necessarily look all that great because of resolution issues....any feedback on this? Thanks!

A:Zune vs. iPOD screen

If this is not the right forum for this post, please advise and/or switch it...thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-vs-ipod-screen.776871/
Relevancy 39.13%

I just purchased and installed the Cucusoftware DVD to Zune program today to converter DVD Cucusoftware Zune download not a CD I entered my registration code and e-mail to get started I put my first DVD in and it starts the process of turning it into a file my Cucusoftware DVD to Zune converter Zune can read default WMA- I believe But within a few minutes my computer turns off Not a windows shutdown but it seems more like a hard log as though someone pulled the plug I started it back up ran the program again it asked for my registration and e-mail again I tried the same DVD again with the same result I tried a third time same thing I tried a different Cucusoftware DVD to Zune converter DVD same shutdown Cucusoftware DVD to Zune converter problem I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and put in my registration code and e-mail in again Though it doesn t help This is a window s XP professional OS with the window s Zune software already installed and working fine I have all my windows updates and even ran virus and spyware check to be sure that wasn t the problem I even made sure the back of the computer was clean of dust and the cooling fans were working fine to be sure my system wasn t shutting down due to over heating Any help would be wonderful Please ask if anymore information is needed to possibly troubleshoot this Thank you Elizabeth nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cucusoftware-dvd-to-zune-converter.752492/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a Microsoft Zune 30 GB
I have downloaded on my computer
how do I transfer it from my PC
to my Zune 30GB ?
please give it to me step by step
I do have the cable going from the Zune to my pc

2) how can I make it that it should download the Hebrew letters ?
if not, please tell me
how do I change to english letters
and when do I change it ?

please advise on all step by step

thanks
sigmund
[email protected]

Relevancy 39.13%

The Zune software load on to my computer does work  and recognized  my Zune player,  but every time I plug it in it syncs,  every song on the player every time. Ripped a cd and it loaded on to the Zune software but
wont sync. to my player.  It doesn't sync anything just syncs. constantly but nothing is loading . I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work right. My HD Zune 32gb player is turning into an old relic since I cant add anymore music.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/62fc40f0-bcb2-415d-8730-56a7447ed8ba/zune-software-not-working-right?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 39.13%

I have two other problems trying to install iTuens and Adobe reader 9.1 updates. I think is a registry problem and would like some help. I run win vista 64bit. this is the error message I get when attempting to install the new Zune update:

No installation Media
cant find the media for installation package 'Zune'. It might be incomplete or corrupt.

Error code: 0x80070002

When I go to the link at the bottom of the error message it takes me to a knowledge base. At this knowledge base it gives me the chance to troubleshoot and download the exe file. None of it works.

A:Problem instaling the new Zune 4

I have this exact problem on both of my computers. One runs on Vista and the other is XP.

It's probably just a problem with Zune itself.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/247787-problem-instaling-new-zune-4-a.html
Relevancy 39.13%

This is not the March 1st bug... it's been going on from the day I installed to the present. I plug in my HTC Titan and Zune says "Can't connect to your phone. Disconnect it, restart it, then try connecting again."

Needless to say this does not work. I uninstalled/reinstalled Zune as well to no avail.

How do I even BEGIN to trouble shoot this, what should I look at? Has anyone else had this problem? Very frustrating as I've been loading up pics I'd like to transfer and some music I'd like to download, etc. Without Zune my phone has lost a chunk of usability.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

A:WP7 (Titan) Cannot connect to Zune

Try going to Device Manager and remove the Titan from USB devices, then restart and plug in the phone and it the drivers should reinstall. Unless the cable has broken?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/4981-wp7-titan-cannot-connect-zune.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I'm not quite sure what part of these forums I should post this in, but I need some help. For about a few weeks or so I haven't been able to log in to the Zune Marketplace. The program itself works fine, but it says the marketplace is unavailable when I try to log in. The Steam marketplace has the same problem. I get an error stating that I cannot connect to the server, and that either the server is offline or I'm not connected to the internet. I have them both set as exceptions on my firewall, and I don't know what else to do.

A:Can't Connect to Steam or Zune

If the firewall belongs to an Internet Security Suite such as NIS, N360, McAfee, KIS, etc... it should be removed with the app manufacturer's removal tool.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-connect-to-steam-or-zune-538338.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I had removed my Zune software so I could delete everything off of my zune and start fresh. Well I for some reason was thinking that if I removed the software and reinstalled it would erase my zune.. etc.. of course this is not the case I NEED the zune software in order to delete everything off of the device. I've tried reinstalling it and everytime it gets to initializing... and then gives me the error (0xc0150004). I've tried Unzoon and this guide. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929358 Which does the following
Step 1: Perform a clean boot Step 2: Empty the Windows temporary folder 3.. then you try to install the software and I still can't. Any ideas?

A:Zune software won't install

Hi

Have you tried to temporarily disable your antivirus program and then try to install?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-software-wont-install-525497.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I just got a Zune for Christmas and I ve had all sorts of problems since the moment I took it out of the box I was shocked to discover that it has no user manual of any sort and for questions the software simply refers me to the Zune forum where I can post questions that no one seems to know the answer to or just doesn t want to answer So I thought I d try New With Multiple Zune Problems here Multiple Problems With New Zune Almost all of the problems that I ve had concern videos and Multiple Problems With New Zune video issues One things that s really driven me crazy is that my Zune will sync some of my videos with no problems but others it simply refuses to sync and gives me a error message C D CD I have no idea what this means but I can t understand it as these particular videos are of an accepted file format aren t especially long and can t possibly be rights protected because they are my own personal videos A further problem I ve had is that none of my videos will play through the Zune software even though they are recognized and are of accepted file format The software gives me any error message saying there is a problem with my video driver but all of my drivers are up to date and videos work fine with all other software As I stated above it will sync most videos to the player and the Zune will play them with no issues but the Zune software on my computer will not Finally is there a certain way to get the Zune to turn off and stay off The only small instruction sheet that came with it says to press and hold the play pause button but this only seems to put the player into a standby mode not actually off Please if you have any knowledge on how to fix these problems let me know I desperately need help nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

Long story short is that my zune was in a quot dry bag quot which had a hole in it But i didn t know that the hole problems? HDD Soaked Zune, was there until it had been sitting in water for at least one day maybe two days I took it out of the bag and let it dry out without taking it apart for lack of the right size Soaked Zune, HDD problems? screwdriver and the fact that i m in Thailand and couldn t find a store that sold the right size one for two or three days Finally tried turning it on but much to my chagrin nothing happened I waited another day or so and then tried plugging it in to the wall charger to see if that would do anything different At first i was very excited when the boot-up screen came on but then i got really worried when what sounded like the HDD started making funky noises and i quickly unplugged it A couple of minutes later i tried the same thing again and the boot screen came on but started faded and quickly disappeared and the HDD noises came back just as fast so i unplugged it and let it sit for a couple more days Just tried plugging it in again last night and as far as i could tell the boot screen didn t show up but the HDD noise was present I ve asked around on a Zune message board but didn t get any definitive answers One guy pointed me towards this wiki on how to save a wet cell phone One of the techniques mentioned in the wiki is soaking it in rubbing alcohol and then giving it a full days minimum to dry out again Since the initial problem i ve picked up a screw driver that allows me to pull it apart and i m thinking about taking out the HDD and soaking that by itself and not the rest of the zune Does anyone have any thoughts or other ideas about what i should try Also if the HDD is shot i can just replace that and the firmware should still be on the player correct Cheers and thanks for any input My apologies if i m slow to respond Laos has internet cafe s but they aren t all that frequent -- and since i left Thailand i have yet to see a computer with more than mb RAM nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I have had a Zune for nearly years now and I love it to pieces I wouldn t Zune Refuses Run. Software to change MP players unless I absolutely had to that being said I would like to strangle whoever built the software for it I m trying to run the software on an HP which is probably my first problem I ve Zune Software Refuses to Run. never had a reliable HP I don t know much about this computer since it s now my own Now for a year the software was running just fine until this morning naturally after my computer has crashed I didn t think to back up my music since I thought I have a Zune I can just pull the music off of it onto the computer Zune Software Refuses to Run. anyway so why waste Zune Software Refuses to Run. a DVDR I go to open the program and the interface doesn t pop up at all It merely comes up with an error that says quot Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to be shut down quot then gives me the option to send an error report When I click to view the error report it s a very long and incomprehensible string of numbers and letters that make no sense to me or anyone who speaks English I m sure In the Zune forums everyone keeps telling me that this is a DRM related problem but I ve followed all those steps and it s made ABSOLUTELY no difference which I figured it wouldn t since it s not a marketplace problem Now someone on the Zune forums said that they fixed this problem by dowloading the Net framework that being said I already have that on this computer but when I downloaded it to try and quot repair quot it it said I couldn t because it couldn t replace some file since it was being used I could get the actual error again if I need to This is not a dire problem merely more of an annoyance with bad timing anyone have any ideas And do me a favor don t just respond with some quip about Zune s being useless that s not helpful to the situation nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-software-refuses-to-run.755203/
Relevancy 39.13%

I am running xp sp3 . my zume software will not run. When i clickon the icon, i get the loading mouse pointer, then it goes off and the program does not run. when i go to run in the start menu, put in "zune.exe". in the task manager it shows it come up for a second,then the process dissappears. I have uninstall and reinstall 4 time , no luck .I have check all suggestion ever thing ok.This issue was before i installed sp3.To day i unstalled zune again, but this time i installed version 1.0 from cd that can with zune device, it will open.but when i plug the zune device in ,it state "to start, update the zune software on your pc." I went to windows update and downloaded version 3.0, but when it said launch nothing came up. Everthing is same as before.

A:zune software will not open

Maybe try to run as administrator.

might help.

good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-software-will-not-open.751826/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hey there, i already have music, videos, pics synchronized with the zune but i reformat the Windows XP and know the zune software ask me if i want as a guest or if i want to sync with the actual libray and erase the content that zune already have.

So know i have to use the zune as guest always from now on?

Relevancy 39.13%

So I get this error message:

Can't access the server. Make sure you're connected to the Internet and that there are no firewalls or proxy servers blocking access to the Zune service, then try again.

I've tried going to all the places I could figure, mainly the "services" areas that would show Zune being accessed. Could someone help me figure out other places that could keep me from accessing this server. I have internet, and can access web pages..I just can't login to my Zune account itself.

A:Zune Server Issues

Check to make sure that your location setting for your Windows LIve ID matches the location setting for your computer. Can't login to my Zune Account

Are you getting any error messages?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/205110-zune-server-issues.html
Relevancy 39.13%

So i got a zune hd 16 gb for christmas and i tried to download the Zune Software from the given website, then i got this error message

x80070020

and it gives me a website to download the complete package.
I have done so and still no luck, do any of you have the slightest idea it would be very appreciated

A:zune hd software problem

i could really appreciate any help guys, it is really frustrating for me to be trying to fix this all christmas day

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-hd-software-problem.888235/
Relevancy 39.13%

Not sure if i should post this here but here goes.

I need to reformat my CPU and i don't feel like using my 2gb memory stick to transfer all my stuff over to a different PC before reformatting.

A) Can i use my Zune to store files that are not media related?

And-

B) As for my music, can i get my music off my Zune onto my fresh computer? I know iPod's can't w/o 3rd party software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-zune-storage.738177/
Relevancy 39.13%

Does anyone here who thinks that the Zune Hardware and software will work out? Or will it end up like Microsoft Urge Service and system? I like it but I wish it would play all the formats. Then it would be perfect. What you guys think? Will MS scrap it and work on WMP future versions?

A:Zune Software's Future

I was surprised that the zune software wouldn't install in my build 7100. Looks like an upcoming problem. I'll have to keep a vista computer or ebay my 2 zunes.
THese things should be worked out before release. I wonder if the ipod software will work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/879-zune-softwares-future.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello,

I have a odd question. Just got someone a Zune and I'm wondering how do I put current mp3's on the device. Let me explain the situation. On this persons network they have a program called "charter music". It's very similar to itunes or any monthly paid service to download music. What this person is doing is legally downloading music to her PC. Once she has the music it comes as a "wma'. Then she converts it to mp3 with a program called "sound taxi". So she doesn't have to worry about it expiring every month and can put them on CD if she choses. When she hooks up her Zune to her laptop. Unless she or I am missing something. There doesnt seem to be a way to add this mp3's to her Zune.

Any direction?

A:Zune - How to put current mp3 on the device help

Hi there, I'm going to close this as that program circumvents copy protected media, and we don't support that here, per our forum rules.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-how-to-put-current-mp3-on-the-device-help.783403/
Relevancy 39.13%

Im running windows xp media center edition, SP2, and ive just installed the new zune software, when i click on the Icon, i get the loading mouse pointer, then it goes off and the program does not run. When i go to run in the start menu, and put in "Zune.exe" . in the task manager it shows it come up for a second, then the process dissappears! help please

A:HELP! Zune Software will not run!! Im DIEING!

I had a similar problem once but it was fixed when I restarted the computer.

Have you tried that yet?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-zune-software-will-not-run-im-dieing-195849.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I made a few key blunders uninstalling my Zune Software In short I want to Zune problem reinstall reinstall it but the installer says that it is already on my computer Here s the entire story When I first installed the program I accidentally installed Zune reinstall problem the files to my program files Zune reinstall problem folder as in all of the files were just laying there in that folder instead of program files zuneplayer for example So I brazenly thought I could simply cut and paste those files into a new folder Obviously the end result was that the program would not start Well since I was already stupidly shifting files around manually I decided to unistall manually by deleting the zune Zune reinstall problem folder that I just made This is the part where I tried to reinstall it and the installer still thought the program was there So I used add remove programs which was also unsuccessful In addition the program is not listed in the add remove programs list anymore Next I decided that it must be wiped from the registry As you might guess I went in manually and deleting everything zune related This did not work either Next I searched online for some solutions and tried UnZoone without success and also CCleaner with which I deleted all unused registry entries and files and also one system start-up service that remained So I believe that everything zune-related has been completely wiped from my system yet the installer still believes that the software is already installed and automatically quot checks for updates quot and there are none Any thoughts on how to install the zune software excluding a reformat Thanks in advance --thedirkus nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-reinstall-problem.847592/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hopefully someone will please answer my dilemma. I am unable to sync my Media Player music with Zune (protected error). This is outlandish!!! Is there something I might do aside from a hope to be able to return this Zune.

A:Zune with Media Player

I have found the answer myself. When burning cd's to Windows Media the Copy Protect must be unclicked; since I did not understand what this actually meant nor did I know this might prevent using my library of music with ANOTHER Microsoft product I have been forced to RE-BURN my music. In doing so, Zune sync's and works fine. Thanks Tech Support Guy but I found the answer without you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-with-media-player.641192/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have repeatedly tried to install the Zune software on my PC but every time I run the install an error occurs and the install stops. I cannot use my new Zune until I install this software on my PC. Does anyone know how I can get this software to install on my PC? I am desperate and almost ready to take the Zune back!

A:4.0 Zune software cannot install

i f you have already tried then you probably need to delete any references to Zune on your pc before it will install.
click on my computer then click on your c drive and look for a folder with Zune and delete it. close window.
you should then be able to install it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/4-0-zune-software-cannot-install-458654.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Each and every time I try to open my Zune media player, I receive this message:
Microsoft Zune has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I've reinstalled the Zune program several times but I still receive this message every time I attempt to open it.
please help...

A:Cannot open Zune player.

Jea007, what other media player programs do you have running? OR, are they just idle waiting to run. Also, what service pack do you have with xp (sp1a,sp2,sp3)? This will help alot.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-open-zune-player-442400.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, one and all....I received a zune 30 gb for Christmas and my computer will not recognize it. I called both the microsoft office, and the zune branch, and was told that I needed to upgrade my windows xp media center edition, version 2002, to at least the 2005 edition. Due to my old age and lack of computer savvy, I haven't had any success with the operation. My questions include the following: What is the proper name for the download that I need?,,,,,Also, when it comes up to either "run" or "save",,,,which do I choose?,,,,,and also, do I simply begin the download operation without un-installing anything? Any answers will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you so much in advance....goadster

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/zune-problems-with-windows-xp-206548.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Can anyone advice me on selecting a good converter for my Zune…I have gone through a few but they don’t really hold up my attention….any suggestions!!!!

A:Looking for a converter for my Zune device.

Hi, everyone use one or the other converter….it just depends on hoe they perform…you never know before you try. I have personally use a Zune Converter software that supports many formats ….to name a few like – MOV; Xvid; DivX; FLV; RMVB; RM; WMV; MPEG-4; MPEG-2; MPEG-1; AVI and MPEG. It also has features such as highest conversion speed; enormous functional lists like controlling resolutions of video bit rates; frame rates; audio frequency and audio bitrates and many more to go with.

I hope this will be a good one for you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-converter-for-my-zune-device.720418/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi, I'm running windows 7 and all of a sudden my zune wont sync, so I want to uninstall/re-install the zune software but when I go into contol panel>uninstall programme zune is not listed?? in device manger when the zune device is connected I get a strange icon with yellow triangle, so I know the driver has got corrupted or something? can anyone help, thanks.

Relevancy 39.13%

I just got a ZUne for christmas (v2.0 Firmware, Bootloader 799) When I plug it into my PC I believe the Zune Software should show up but nothing has happened so far. I Believe it is a Zune-PC connection problem but I don't know for sure. PLease help thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-software-not-showing-up.664635/
Relevancy 39.13%

OK, so I know we've had Zune Software Customizer before...but has anyone seen anything to customize 4.0 yet? I love the software, but the colors are atrocious.

Mods: Wasn't sure if I should put this here or in Customization. Move it if you need too.

A:Zune 4.0: Any customization software?

[Opinion] I think the color scheme is rather decent. Better then apples 'brushed metal' thing. [/Opinion]

As to customizing 4.0 I think its to new to see any software for customizing it. I know it doesn't have any customization options within it either.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/25765-zune-4-0-any-customization-software.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi! I am john. I am really fond of traveling a lot. I just came back from African Safari. The problem is that I have to convert all my DVDs to Zune device which I have captured in Africa. But I don’t know how to exactly do it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Is there any way to convert my DVDs to Zune?

Just wait I'm sure your buddie randall_Cox will soon be here with another spam post.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-there-any-way-to-convert-my-dvds-to-zune.722718/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi all,
having ordered a new sound card and speaker set, I've been thinking of gradually upgrading my MP3 collection to FLAC. I also still have a Zune HD, which I wasn't planning on replacing, which doesn't play FLAC. To this end I'd keep a MP3 copy of the flac collection for Zune to sync to the HD.

Now the problem: Windows media player and Zune both look in the same folder for their media library!! So I can't tell WMP to look at the FLAC while having Zune look at the MP3 using the standard music library in windows... Is there a way to have either program look at a different folder than the standard library?

Thanks in advance

A:Add other folder than library to WMP or Zune

Lovely, apparently I couldn't look properly. For anyone who is looking at this for Zune, just below the folder selection there is an option to select different folders for Zune.. -_-'

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40154-add-other-folder-than-library-wmp-zune.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Zune will encompass PMPs and software applicationsIn what has been one of the worst kept secrets in the industry, Microsoft has finally confirmed the existence of Zune. However, with the confirmation also comes news that there will be multiple players and software products marketed under the name. "Today we confirmed a new music and entertainment project called Zune. Under the Zune brand, we will deliver a family of hardware and software products, the first of which will be available this year," said Microsoft general manager of marketing Chris Stephenson.http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=3450Zune,Zune,Zune "Hummmmm" reminds me of something

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/59933/zunenot-a-desert-planet/
Relevancy 39.13%

I ve had my Zune going on two years this December have NEVER had any problems with it I keep it in my car for the majority of the time because its hooked Zune responsive~ not screen up to an auxiliary port for my radio Its not unresponsive due to overheating its the middle of winter almost About two weeks ago it died So I left it in my car like I always Zune screen not responsive~ have Few days later I go to bring it inside and charge it plus add more music it connects fine to my computer makes the connection noise but the Zune software doesn t recognize it as a device NOR does the screen go to what it should Normally if its dead -- it gets a little charge shows the Zune logo the loading bar then goes to the music-videos-pictures page It doesn t After the status bar loads it goes to a plain backlit screen Wondering if its the screen that has a short in it or what PLEASE HELP this thing is my baby nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zune-screen-not-responsive.1029525/