Windows Support Forum

Desktop wider than screen, mouse leaves tracers

Q: Desktop wider than screen, mouse leaves tracers

I upgraded my PRECISION 470 from a nVidia Quadro FX1400 to a nVidia GeForce 8400GS.
I bought the card on AMAZON and installed the drivers that came with it.
Now, my desktop is bigger than my screen and the mouse leaves tracer mouses.
The adapter is set to my screen's NATIVE resolution of 1920x1080 and connects with HDMI.
Keyboard and mouse response seems slow.
OS is Windows 7 w/ sp1

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Desktop wider than screen, mouse leaves tracers

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Desktop wider than screen, mouse leaves tracers

I just installed a new 24" monitor and at 1080 res the desktop was smaller than screen and blury, the opposite of what your experiencing. I tried updating drivers etc.. but couldnt figure it out at first?
It turned out to be a 'scaling options' setting in the control centre for my radeon gpu!!
Dont know if this helps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-wider-than-screen-mouse-leaves-tracers.185651/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi I have Samsung 2032bw monitor for about 3,5 years and Ive never had this problem. Yesterday I was watching youtube video when suddenly my screen frezze or maybe pc. Then I restart my PC and you know when your PC is loading, first you see is motherboard name... so I restart it and picture was bad like every few centimeters has one column of this (VVVVVVVVVVVV rotate this for 90˙). Then I turn PC off. Few minutes after I turn PC on but my desktop was off the screen, its better to say it was wider (off monitor).

I dont know why this is happening. Then I unplug monitor and plug it again. I did this few times before was good. Now every time I turn PC on, windows scree, and desktop and everything is wider its off the screen.

How can I solve this?

A:Problem with resolution. Desktop is wider is off the screen!

Try Start>Control Panel>Appearance and Personalization>Adjust Screen Resolution.

You need the highest resolution your screen can use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/207066-problem-resolution-desktop-wider-off-screen.html
Relevancy 67.08%

How to make that shortcut to the desktop in the toolbar wider.

That hitarea is just way too small. (I know win+D does the same thing)

A:How to make the shortcut to the desktop in toolbar wider?

Hello Carsten,

If you like, you could create a separate "Show Desktop" shortcut to use instead that can be pinned to the taskbar.

Show Desktop Shortcut - Create - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/51810-how-make-shortcut-desktop-toolbar-wider.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My Mouse is leaving a trail (tail) behind it in The Sims Deluxe Edition that I recently purchased. My game breaks up and is blotchy. Can you tell me what is wrong?

A:Mouse leaves a trail

Are your video drivers updated?

You can try setting you desktop resolution/colors to lower values
And try lowering the hardware acceleration settings

Also, check in 'Control Panel', 'Mouse', 'Motions'...in Pointer Trail, make sure 'Show pointer trails' is not checked

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-leaves-a-trail.270897/
Relevancy 61.49%

When I put the computer in standby mode, the slightest bump of the desk or vibration will take it out of standby, because it bumps the mouse. This is really annoying because I would like to be able to put it on standby but still be able to do something in the room - sometimes it comes out of standby when I'm not even in the room. I would like it to only come out of standby on keypress, not on mouse movement. Is it possible to do this? The "power options" on control panel don't seem to have an option to turn off coming out of standby on mouse movement. Cheers

A:Turn Off Mouse Movement Leaves Standby Mode

If all else fails put a hook near mouse and hang mouse over hook, just while hibernating !!!

Judda

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116285/turn-off-mouse-movement-leaves-standby-mode/
Relevancy 57.62%

After many months of fine use all of a sudden my computer started taking forever to boot and now it just stays on the XP is loading screen and never leaves.

I've installed another drive and don't have the same problem with it so I have ruled out the mb because of that.

Any ideas?

A:Never leaves the loading screen

It's probably a corrupt file in the Windows Startup.

The easy fix is to run the Windows Repair utility. To do this, begin XP setup as normal. When prompted, to set up windows or enter the recovery console, hit enter to start up windows. After the EULA, you should be prompted to repair an existing installation of windows (R) or continue setting up a new installation (Esc). Hit R to repair the windows installation. It proceeds to appear just as if you're installing a new copy of Windows, but when it completes, everything from your previous installation remains intact.

Good luck,

-- Ramses

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/never-leaves-the-loading-screen-48687.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an acre laptop and start up vista then choose my profile to log into, I see the welcome screen the the screen goes blank leaving me with the cursor. 2 lights keep flashing on the laptop like it is trying to do something but left it for 1 hr and it does not start up.

Please help this is my sisters laptop.

Thank you

A:Vista leaves blank screen

OK I did this by pressing CTRL F10 then reinstalling windows from the hard drive :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-leaves-blank-screen-462506.html
Relevancy 56.76%

guys I have a machine I maintain for someone else that has twice reportedly thrown a black screen but not a total bail - in other words display goes black, something is still running, later after long wait in one case Windows reported on screen a recovery of some sort and after that worked ok. second time on opening IE10, same blackness, later recovered. Error log has lots of entries but no telltale Errors.
one lone error had "crash dump failed to initialize" but I could not tie it to either crash.
ran drive diags and it passed.
ran memory diags and passed.
checked physical things - connectors, cables, devices.

this is win7 home x64 on late model hp pavilion with no history of issues.

I'm baffled. any help would be appreciated

A:Black screen leaves no errors or .dmp??? what to do

Hi zapp22,

Once you've done this, post your findings as stated by Seven Forums. Attachment 282512

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301997-black-screen-leaves-no-errors-dmp-what-do.html
Relevancy 56.33%

windows xp will not startup and and startup error screen xp message leaves not will the screen shows message quot windows will not start because the following file is missing or corrupted windows system config system you can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original set-up cd-rom select R at the first screen to start repair quot I tried that with the original windows xp xp will not startup and leaves screen error message media center edition with update rollup set up cd-rom that came with the computer It did not work because I get a screen message after i had put the original xp will not startup and leaves screen error message windows cd-rom into the computer cd player asking for windows xp professional service pack cd to be placed in the cd-rom player I do not have that cd screen message quot SPCMDCON SYS file needed for recovery console is missing quot The computer had a software problem with windows xp in march and a computer repair shop repaired the software problem Is that why my computer is asking for the xp professional service pack cd- rom to repair the problem i have now Is there a way i can repair or replace the bad or missing file without my having the professional version of windows xp nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

When I start up the computer I am seeing the start up process perfectly fine. I believe an exe file is missing. I"ve spoken to some friends and feel that we can possibly retrieve files deleted through command prompt with out the XP Software. Of course this is my un organized partners computer and she doesn't know where the software is. Please help me.... Thanks in advance.

A:Black Screen at Desktop all I see is mouse

Have you tried to log in as a different user on the machine? It sounds to me like a windows profile issue. If you are able to log in fine with a different user then you will need to create a new user profile.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-at-desktop-all-i-see-is-mouse-379512.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Im new to this forum I ll try to be specific I m not a native English speaker so sorry for grammar I did search the forums but could not quite find a correct answer Sorry for the long post please help Lenovo Thinkpad T Windows bits sp fully updated I have a problem with my laptop whenever i try to log in I am able to see the boot screen quot Lenovo etc quot then the quot Starting windows quot animation but then it keeps on going to a black no mouse desktop Black no screen screen I am able Black screen no mouse no desktop to hear the login sounds and if I write the password I am able to hear everything if I tap a bunch of letters enters and escapes i can hear normal error sounds etc Then I restarted in safe mode and it worked fine --I uninstalled all new programs up to days ago --Run a complete update and scan in Malwarebytes --Cleaned and back up the registry in CCleaner --Cleaned my Startup via msconfig and disabled a lot of things Current Startup things Thinkvantage communication utility SAIICPL application which is some sound application AMD dual core optimizer Malwarebytes antimalware Nothing worked -I did a system restore it was an automatic restore point from april th and my problem started april th Did not solve the problem Then i read in another page that a black screen problem just like mine plus a fully working safe mode was caused because of the graphics card in display adapter in the device manager That page recommend to uninstall the driver reboot and install it again Troubleshoot and Fix When Windows Boots Up and then a Black Screen Appears Uninstalling the driver actually worked but I m guessing that it worked because i have two display adapters cards intel amd so i guess windows is booting and working just with the intel one since the amd is totally gone I uninstalled it by double clicking the Amd card in the device manager and clicking uninstall without installing the catalyst center or anything Why did i uninstall the amd and not the intel well the amd was the first one Windows did not say anything after i restarted about missing drivers or anything so after installing the driver that i previously download Still cant see the card in display adapters The driver i downloaded and carefully selected came with Catalyst CC and a bunch of other things it was an exe downloaded from amd page i tried twice to installed still nothing in device manager Restart several times nothing Tried the windows hardware check and it just highlighted a problem with another thing the fingerprint device I checked some posts and actually boot in the bios to see if it was somehow activated it there but could find anything Also notice that when checking the system information it still displays gb of Ram which was the amount prior to the card deactivation That was yesterday Today i reused the automatic restore point from april th and the ATI card is back in the Device Manager so back to problem again How to uninstall install display adapters drivers any amd tutorial Any other ideas regarding black screen no mouse and full working safe mode Is my AMD card dead Thanks for helping

A:Black screen no mouse no desktop

Quote:

Cleaned and back up the registry in CCleaner

We do not suggest using the Registry Cleaner in CCleaner, this causes more problems then it solves.
Your laptop uses the Intel Graphics. Uninstall ATI driver and restart, you can update your Intel GM45 driver at the Lenovo driver web page for your model: Laptops and netbooks :: ThinkPad T Series laptops :: ThinkPad T500 - Lenovo Support (US)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-no-mouse-no-desktop-985961.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My mouse works fine on the tile screen, but won't click when on the desktop screen. It moves fine and if I move it to the corner I can click on the setting button, but its anything on the desktop,or programs that run from the desktop that are effected. Any ideas?

A:Mouse not clicking on desktop screen

Sounds like the Desktop is not fully loaded, that's what it does while it is still populating.

Try Logging Off and Logging back on, see if that busts it loose.

If that dont do it, there may be something on the Desktop that's locking the area, this might happen if an AV program is detecting a virus.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35261-mouse-not-clicking-desktop-screen.html
Relevancy 55.9%

After I log a screen product leaves black Asks windows key for and into windows i'm met with a black screen then a program comes up pictured It's very laggy and I can't close it or enter anything even if I wanted to I open task manager and close it through there Now i'm left with a black screen I can't get to the start menu and i'm just opening programs through task manager and cmd I ran FRST Also I am posting from the laptop with Asks for windows product key and leaves a black screen the issue Appreciate any help I can get thanks nbsp FRST txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Untitled png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads An update I guess nbsp Untitled png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Untitled png nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads The first picture is an installer that I guess was running in the background but failed The second picture I got shortly before I restarted my computer and now just happened again when I was using paint I guess some stuff is happening

A:Asks for windows product key and leaves a black screen

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

() C:\Windows\CpuEssentials\165271\CpuEssentials.exe
() C:\Windows\SysWOW64\CpuHeatMapping\165271\CpuHeatMapping.exe
() C:\Windows\Cudm1110\cudm.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\46BA3EDE-1464396223-5933-1A93-178D8A43A49C\jnss9EDE.tmp
() C:\Users\Mila\AppData\Roaming\Oeagaj\Oeagaj.exe
() C:\Program Files (x86)\46BA3EDE-1464396223-5933-1A93-178D8A43A49C\hnsxB8B1.tmp
() C:\Program Files (x86)\46BA3EDE-1464396223-5933-1A93-178D8A43A49C\knsk7E50.tmpfs
() C:\Users\Mila\AppData\Local\46BA3EDE-1464384741-5933-1A93-178D8A43A49C\qnsp5813.tmp
HKLM\...\Run: [WINCOMXF4] => C:\Program Files (x86)\mpck\wincom_XF4.exe [3961856 2016-05-27] ()
HKLM\...\RunOnce: [asba_5KNCI00] => C:\Program Files (x86)\mpck\otutnetwork.exe [271872 2016-05-27] (Syset)
HKLM-x32\...\Winlogon: [Shell] C:\Program Files (x86)\windowsactivate\windowsactivate.exe [143360 ] () <=== ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001\...\MountPoints2: {3f8a187b-6aec-11e5-be83-d4c9ef80dde6} - "F:\autorun.exe"
HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001\...\Winlogon: [Shell] C:\Program Files (x86)\windowsactivate\windowsactivate.exe [143360 2016-05-25] () <==== ATTENTION
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Restriction <======= ATTENTION
HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = hxxp://www-searching.com/?pid=s&s=G5Szftpbl0cshmoAP,f40a5ded-48f1-46cf-ac94-3ce44b6f9a90,&vp=ch&prd=set_ie
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = hxxp://search.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = hxxp://search.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001 -> DefaultScope {014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9} URL = hxxp://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3320133&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=58&CUI=&UM=4&UP=SPC6D0F227-7ED6-475B-B26D-24F8FC7CD922&q={searchTerms}&SSPV=
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001 -> {014DB5FA-EAFB-4592-A95B-F44D3EE87FA9} URL = hxxp://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?ctid=CT3320133&octid=EB_ORIGINAL_CTID&SearchSource=58&CUI=&UM=4&UP=SPC6D0F227-7ED6-475B-B26D-24F8FC7CD922&q={searchTerms}&SSPV=
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001 -> {2fa28606-de77-4029-af96-b231e3b8f827} URL = hxxp://search.ask.com/web?q={searchTerms}&l=dis&o=HPNTDF
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001 -> {4C872E99-51B9-47F0-99AC-91629173A258} URL = hxxp://www-searching.com/s.ashx?prd=opensearch&q={searchTerms}&s=G5Szftpbl0cshmoAP,f40a5ded-48f1-46cf-ac94-3ce44b6f9a90,
SearchScopes: HKU\S-1-5-21-4231172398-160301387-957638495-1001 -> {b7fca997-d0fb-4fe0-8afd-255e89cf9671} URL = hxxp://ca.search.yahoo.com/search?p={searchTerms}&ei={inputEncoding}&fr=chr-hp-psg&type=HPNTDF
BHO: FlashhCoiupon -> {ACC16F97-3166-329C-13D1-639DEB54678B} -> C:\ProgramData\FlashhCoiupon\YY3.x64.dll [2014-... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/615605/asks-for-windows-product-key-and-leaves-a-black-screen/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello Group,

Thanks for looking in. Another one of those annoying little problems ...

Setting up a demo with a local html page, and when I full screen it by F11 everything extraneous to the page disappears as expected ... except a grayed out, non-functional vertical bar on the right side of the screen.

How do I get rid of this ?

Charles

A:F11 full screen leaves grayed out vertical bar on right side

Are you referring to what would normally be a "scroll bar"?

If so, you would need to change the code in your HTML file. I'm not an HTML programmer (but I play one on TV j/k), but I think you would need to add something along the lines of <scroll="no"> in the HTML section of the page.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/f11-full-screen-leaves-grayed-out-vertical-bar-on-right-side.560582/
Relevancy 55.47%

The other day i got on my computer and it started up as usual, but went it got to the part were it suppose to sign into my account, the screen stayed black with the mouse sitting in the middle, and no buttons works, nether did safe mode!? whats happening?

A:My dell desktop has a black screen and a mouse!?

Do a factory recovery

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-dell-desktop-has-a-black-screen-and-a-mouse.1022273/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello It seems Win doesn't like my old graphic card drivers like Win did In many cases when turn on my machine it boots to desktop but it doesn't show it - it just shows my mouse cursor and pure black background When i click the power button tho the desktop pops up for a second then the shutting down screen appears After few reboots i finally managed to get to the desktop and use my computer chances are reboots lol I followed some tutorials i found on the internetz explaining how sometimes ATI and NET framework doesn't work together - this is not the case 'cause i tried following this tutorial to uninstall clean and reinstall the latest drivers available for my crappy videocard NET framework Didn't worked I noticed something Black / Can screen to desktop boot not with mouse interesting while Can not boot to desktop / Black screen with mouse booting to Windows IF there will be black screen with cursor - the boot time takes - seconds IF everything will be alright - Can not boot to desktop / Black screen with mouse the boot process will take about seconds just thought i should tell you this as well And finally here's my configuration Pentium GHz ATI Radeon X GB DDR RAM I'll be grateful if someone helps me solve this problem Thanks in advance Note PLEASE save your comments that i need a new PC I know that

A:Can not boot to desktop / Black screen with mouse

Originally Posted by psydex

Hello!

Note: PLEASE save your comments that i need a new PC. I know that!

lol, most of us need one ,ones who comment already got there ,
any chance you motherboard has an on board video device you could try using instead of the ATI Radeon video card

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36109-can-not-boot-desktop-black-screen-mouse.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello All at Tech Support Guy Hoping everyone had a great wonderful Thanksgiving this year Gobble gobble I just purchased a new Dell Notebook Windows My specs should be available to you below The screen resolution is pretty bad My spec settings are at the highest of x recommended and came default with notebook as well as default landscape setting I toggled to others resolution but muted dull colors persist Most bright colors are very muted screen..that's Only leaves shadows Knows..Graphics the not good:( on Solved: Shadow on the notebook screen Bright rich blues Solved: Only the Shadow Knows..Graphics leaves shadows on screen..that's not good:( show as light muted blues on the screen etc Also when viewing moving gifs they leave a shadow on the screen behind each movement I took some screenshots and can post those and the original gifs if need Will check to see if I need to take them through Photobucket etc No rd Party-That s kewl I would say this trouble is with the notebook s resolution Did I get a bad do or is this an easy fix These are just a couple of graphics with shadows I downloaded a print screen program and sent the screenshots over to my desktop to post here Have not found Windows to be true love yet but will keep trying I have a couple other questions but will solve one at a time Thank you for your time on this You Rock Dell Inspiron - Notebook GB Ram GB Hard Drive Intel Pentium Dual Core T Ghz Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator MHD Windows Home Premium -bit AVG Trapline ACS Meg DSL Paradyne Modem Lynksys -port router hardwired Also use a Sony XP desktop main nbsp

A:Solved: Only the Shadow Knows..Graphics leaves shadows on screen..that's not good:(

I found some previous posts re 'Shadows on monitor'. I changed out a 14' ethernet cable back to the router for a 7' ethernet cable. The shorter cable made the ghosting or shadows worse.

Also, I found this by Gnosisless...
Gnosisless
Senior Member with 496 posts.
13-May-2002, 04:11 AM #5
Forgot to mention that, Randy. Great suggestion. I had that exact problem once with my Dell system out of the box. Booting into safe mode and removing all the video card drivers solved the problem.

Report ​ Gnosisless View Public Profile Send a private message to Gnosisless Send email to Gnosisless Visit Gnosisless's homepage! Find all posts by Gnosisless Add Gnosisless to Your Contacts
jcippel
Junior Member with 2 posts.
24-May-2002, 04:31 PM #6
Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys. As suspected, the video card was to blame. I just got the computer back today from the shop. A new video card was installed, and all is well. Thanks again.

They had to start in safe mode and delete all the drivers. I should not have to do this with a new machine 4 days out of box. Will take this notebook back to store.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-only-the-shadow-knows-graphics-leaves-shadows-on-screen-thats-not-good.880860/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi While surfing I was hit with a fake anti-virus HDD error program I did not make a note of its name A quick scan with my virus protection program found no errors When I restarted my laptop next day the following problems were obvious the desktop was cleared apart from a fake looking Internet Explorer icon labeled The Internet the program start menu was virtually emptyaccess to Task Manager was disabledall the folders in the root directory appear to be empty but the disk useage looked the same I have updated Mozilla Firefox and downloaded and run rKill and MalwareBytes log attached These have reenabled access to Task Manager and I have tried to change the authorisation to my files so that some shortcuts appear on the desktop and some directories and files appear within the file system mostly semi-opaque if that makes sense I ve been using the laptop pgm desktop, start error files virus/HDD menu Fake empty clears appears blank, leaves system for a few days since then Sorry I know this is a mess and I have delayed in requesting help but any help would be greatly appreciated Ben DDS Ver - Fake virus/HDD error pgm clears desktop, leaves start menu blank, files system appears empty - Fake virus/HDD error pgm clears desktop, leaves start menu blank, files system appears empty - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run Fake virus/HDD error pgm clears desktop, leaves start menu blank, files system appears empty by Ben at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT AV Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Enabled Updated F AC- AA - D- C- E E SP Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security Enabled Updated D - C A- -BE C-BB CF BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreServiceShell exeC Program Files Trend Micro UniClient UiFrmWrk uiWatchDog exeC Program Files Trend Micro AMSP coreFrameworkHost exeC Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files InterVideo RegMgr iviRegMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system stacsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exeC Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgrSub exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC Windows system WUDFHost exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer... Read more

A:Fake virus/HDD error pgm clears desktop, leaves start menu blank, files system appears empty

Hello and welcome to the forums!My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short), it's a pleasure to meet you. I am very sorry for the delay in responding, but as you can see we are at the moment being flooded with logs which, when paired with the never-ending shortage of helpers, resulted in the delayed responding to your thread.I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.____________________________________________________Rootkit UnHooker (RkU)Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.Link 1 (.exe file)Link 2 (zipped file)Link 3 (.rar file)In order to use this tool if you downloaded from either of the second two links, you will need to extract the RKUnhookerLE.exe file using a program capable of extracing ZIP and RAR compressed files. If you don't have an extraction program, you can downlaod, install and use the free 7-zip utility.Double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to start the program.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check Drivers, Stealth Code, and uncheck the rest.Click OK.Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report.Save the report to your Desktop.Copy and paste the contents of the report into your next reply.-- Note: You may get this warning...just ignore it, click OK and continue: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?".NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create a FULL OTL ReportPlease download OTL from here:
Main MirrorMirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the i... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402578/fake-virushdd-error-pgm-clears-desktop-leaves-start-menu-blank-files-system-appears-empty/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi Everyone This is my first time posting here so sorry - black with only screen mouse to curso Can't boot desktop if these are the wrong subforums The computer is an prebuilt Can't boot to desktop - only black screen with mouse curso hp envy h - running Windows Last week I went to turn on the Can't boot to desktop - only black screen with mouse curso family computer and after the boot loading where you see the HP logo with the loading circle underneath a black screen appeared with a beep I could move the mouse around and it seemed like basic functionality worked I could turn on voice assistance but I couldn't get it to load the desktop CTRL-ALT-DEL didn't work either I did see the power hdd cdrom lights on the tower working but the hdd light was permanently on not flashing like it was stuck loading or something I asked my parents who last used the computer if they did anything beforehand and they said nothing was out of the ordinary but I suspect they may have did a forced shutdown from the power button Anyways I tried rebooting a bunch of times and at one point I did get to the desktop but it was glitched where the taskbar was a faded colour the windows button on it didn't work none of the desktop icons opened and the right side of the screen had a black bar Unfortunately I shutdown the computer before thinking of trying ctrl-alt-del and could never reach this glitched desktop again I then tried to plug the desktop into another monitor and the same issue persisted so I doubt it was the graphics card Afterwards I ran HP's UEFI thing and did a start-up test it failed at the quot Hard Disk Short DST quot test it also gave me an error code that came up with nothing on Google The HDD Smart pci device processor and memory tests passed Next I booted into Recovery Mode and tried to use a restore point a week earlier but after it was done the same issue still happened I also randomly started getting a Windows Blue Screen Error xc which seems like a hard drive failure Then I tried refreshing using system recovery but got a strange message quot The Drive where Windows is installed is locked quot Automatic Repair also failed and told me to go to quot system logfiles srt srttrail txt quot which is useless to me since I can't even load the desktop Afterwards I tried unplugging the hard drive and booting without it hoping it would reset everything I reconnected the drive but nothing changed except now in the cmd prompt it shows X as the default drive instead of C I think I tried using sfc scannow but got the error message quot Windows Resource protection could not start the repair service quot bootrec rebuildbcd was met with another pointless message quot Total identified windows installations completed successfully quot Using chkdsk c f x r told me that quot Windows scanned the file systems and found no problems quot I fiddled around with a few other commands in the cmd prompt that I read online but none of them did anything useful At this point I unplugged the hard drive plugged it into a different computer and found that I could access all of my files there fine I'm currently scanning it with panda antivirus but I doubt that will come up with anything So does this mean my hard drive isn't dead yet Anyone know what the problem is or what steps I should take next I've been at it for days scouring the internet for clues and nothing has been working At this point I'm considering just backing up all my files and then doing a factory reset although I'm not even sure if that will work with how the 'drive is locked' Please help

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/130177-cant-boot-desktop-only-black-screen-mouse-curso.html
Relevancy 54.18%

hijackthis.log   9.34KB
  34 downloadsWhen I start up my computer it takes forever. The screen is black for about 15 seconds after I log in and then it takes another 30 seconds or more before I can open anything. Once I do select something to open if I get impatient and touch the window it makes the window look as though it has tracers.

A:Computer startup slow and windows that are open look like tracers

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed. Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread. Also please explain your problem as fully as possible. Each little detail will help in getting your system cleaned up and functional again.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scans:Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the ch... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/197376/computer-startup-slow-and-windows-that-are-open-look-like-tracers/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi there I consider myself at least a bit competent when it comes to XP and computers but this problem has me puzzled I ve done tons of searches on google various forums microsoft database etc and have found some similar problems except that I can t get my taskmanager to become visible It s there I know it because I get the resize pointers around the taskmanager s box Also when I start-up WinXP It only Desktop, mouse etc... screen, No pointer taskmanager, login taskbar, gets to the login screen but I can t see my login picture or buttons I can click on them and enter my password but when it logs in the windows start sound plays the whole screen No Desktop, taskbar, login screen, taskmanager, etc... only mouse pointer is black except for the mouse cursor I don t have a wallpaper just a black background so I can t really tell you No Desktop, taskbar, login screen, taskmanager, etc... only mouse pointer if my quot wallpaper quot is still there I ve been working on and off for the past days trying to figure out how to fix this problem I have run HiJackThis and found nothing that shouldn t be there and has been there for a while This started happening while I just made a small coding mod for the game S T A L K E R and tried to boot it But nothing happened and then I tried to reboot But when I rebooted there was the login screen but when I logged in it was as if the resolution changed on my monitor and everything disappeared except for my cursor I ve got tons of stuff on my computer that will take me a good weeks to back-up work photos videos documents and a windows repair or reinstall is not an option at the moment I can run windows in safe mode and VGA mode no problem but if I change the resolution in VGA mode it goes back to the same problem HP Pavilion a n Desktop PC Windows XP Home SP ASUS P SD-LA PES revision HP name Oxford-UL E Socket - Intel Pentium Northwood Prescott GHz HT x -pin DDR DIMM GB MHz SDRAM ATi Radeon X Pro AGP x MB Turtle Beach Montego DDL Dolby Sound Card Internal quot Seagate GB RPM MB Cache - GB Partition C for Windows XP Home OS - GB Partition For Storage and Program Files Internal quot Western Digital GB Caviar RPM MB Cache Used for storage Running Symantec Antivirus AdAware SE Spybot S amp D PestPatrol VundoFix HiJackThis and WinpFind u If you require more information please ask I lll be using my laptop for now but I really need to use my desktop for work later today Saturday I m extremely tired right now so forgive me if I didn t say anything clear enough or give enough information I ll reply tomorrow to anyones thoughts or ideas Many thanks nbsp

A:No Desktop, taskbar, login screen, taskmanager, etc... only mouse pointer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-desktop-taskbar-login-screen-taskmanager-etc-only-mouse-pointer.577321/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have Windows XP and use three user names - one for me and one each for my two daughters. Just recently, when opening one of my daughters user accounts, if I right click on the desktop to open the choice of options, the desktop freezes and I have to close the computer. I do not have the problem with either of the other two user accounts.
Can anybody suggest a remedy for this issue?
Thank you for your help.
Martyn

A:Solved: User Account - right mouse click freezes desktop screen

Her user profile may have become corrupted. To fix the problem delete her profile and Windows XP will automatically recreate it.

1. Open System in Control Panel.

2. On the Advanced tab, under User Profiles, click Settings.

3. Under Profiles stored on this computer, click the user profile you want to delete, and then click Delete.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-right-mouse-click-freezes-desktop-screen.479594/
Relevancy 53.32%

Black screen with mouse capability but no icons no startup or anything I can log into my Administrator but my main system is under user Rob When I login to Rob I have a black screen for my desktop User Rob is able to ctrl alt del into Task Manager and can log into other users I can view everything in Task manager but that is all No desktop anywhere This has been happening frequently and I would do a System Restore to get back to normalcy but now I went to System Restore and it is telling me there are no restore points I tried scanning all pointer a with desktop Win screen but blank start, User's main 7 mouse is will my drives for errors did Malwarebytes complete scan and Webroot complete scan I guess Win 7 will start, but main User's desktop is a blank screen with mouse pointer I have two questions A Is there any way to Win 7 will start, but main User's desktop is a blank screen with mouse pointer manually do a System Restore I am pretty sure the restore points are on my drive but within Windows System Restore I cannot locate them B Could it possibly be that something isn't running in my User's Processes or Services Thanks everyone

A:Win 7 will start, but main User's desktop is a blank screen with mouse pointer

Sounds like a corrupted user profile to me, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488460/win-7-will-start-but-main-users-desktop-is-a-blank-screen-with-mouse-pointer/
Relevancy 50.74%

Microsoft vista
i restarted my computer and everything was huge, so i went to screen resolution and changed it to 1400x1050. it made everything smaller, but everything is still wide. i do have a wide screen monitor is there somthing else i can do to change it back.

A:everything's wider

Try changing it to 1440x900.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everythings-wider.841651/
Relevancy 49.45%

The Windows 8 splitter is on 2 pixels wide, is there a way to make it wider?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63077-make-splitter-wider.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is there a way to make a drop down list wider then the width of the cell it's in?

Relevancy 49.45%

I just received this notice today I thought I would post it to inform everyone Important Flux Spreads Wider information about a and all related news Flux spreads widerFlux is the name of a Flux Spreads Wider new pest spreading covertly through the internet Flux isa trojan that is making the life of most anti malware vendors much harder Flux is a reverse backdoor type of trojan Reverse means that rather Flux Spreads Wider than theinfected machine waiting for a connection to be made from outside the infectedmachine trys to make the connection itself Standard trojans are made up of twoparts - the server and the client The client is downloaded to infect the machine The server is another pcsomewhere in the world that then tries to communicate with the client Theproblem with standard trojans is that if the infected machine has a goodfirewall then the server cannot connect to the client So although the machineis infected no data is transferred to the server from the client To overcome the blocked connection malware writers now use this reverse logicto make the client machine responsible for the connection Many standardfirewalls will block requests coming in from the internet to connect but do notblock about outgoing requests to connect Trojans like flux can thereforeoperate even through most firewalls The really dangerous thing about Flux is not its ability to use this reverseconnection feature but the way that feature is implemented Flux introduces anew technique of code injection Code Injecting is a term that describes ways toexecute code in other processes Until now Code Injection worked by loading aDLL file into a foreign process - much like the cookoo lays an egg in anotherbirds nest This method called DLL Injection is quite easy to detect as theanti-malware program just asks the process which DLLs it uses - a trojan DLL isone that is not on the list generated Flux doesn t use a DLL Flux writes its connection code directly into a hostprocess and executes it there Apart from the fact that this behaviour wouldcircumwent several Desktop Firewalls it also makes Flux nearly invisible tocurrent anti malware software because the Flux code isn t linked to any moduleor DLL of the process and will be simply overlooked by anti malware software That makes complete cleaning very difficult Here at a we have already thought about trojans using this direct injectionmethod and why we already developed an advanced memory scan for a v that candetect trojans using this technique Version is not quite ready for releasebut due to trojans like Flux we have decided to provide our customers with theadvanced memory scan now What does all this mean for you a is one of the first anti malware product that is able to detect anddeactivate Flux On top of that we have also developed a special free detectiontool This tool allows users of other anti-malware software to benefit from a anti-malware technology too The free tool detects and terminates an active Fluxto ensure a proper cleaning of the infection You can download the free Flux Scanner tool from the a download page http www emsisoft com en software download a Free and a Personal version releasedVersion is now stable and available for all users You can install the newversion simply by running the online update feature in a without doing acompletely new installation of a News changes - New logo and improved user interface in all dialogs New startcenter userinterface with more information Display of version mode version number lastupdate request date license expire date - Added auto-update feature The guard looks once per hour for available updatesand installs them if available Manual updating is no longer necessary if theguard is running and auto-update is enabled - New updater has some internal improvements http www emsisoft com

A:Flux Spreads Wider

Nice piece, Scarlett. Thanks. I've used A2 for a few months now (the free one, naturally) and I can state it is fast and does not conflict with others I use. The built in flux feature is distinctive in it's effort apparently, and I wasn't aware of that 'til now. Updating is easy & they provide the updates fairly often.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/4431/flux-spreads-wider/
Relevancy 49.02%

Ok so my mother threw her laptop in front of me and there were boot up errors which included PXE-E Media test failure check cable and Operating System Not Found I firstly checked the BIOS and everything seemed to be fine there and i Restored to Default and Saved I couldn t find her Vista Screen HELP mouse...NEED Blue "Preparing a Desktop" then with disk that she should of got with her laptop so i used my own Is this a mistake I then "Preparing Desktop" then a Blue Screen with mouse...NEED HELP selected repair and it seemed to fix a file and windows started to run This is where the problem starts It would do the normal windows loading logo green bar etc then on the screen quot Preparing Your Desktop quot for a good few mins Then it would load up with a Blue screen with only having the ability to use the mouse I then did Ctrl Alt Delete and ran the task explorer exe This loaded a temporary desktop which wouldn t allow me to run most programs Now at this point i wanted to run a System Restore but there are no Restore Points avaliable sigh Then i read somewhere else that i should delete some registery files "Preparing Desktop" then a Blue Screen with mouse...NEED HELP So i lauched regedit exe and went to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM MountedDevices and deleted the files and restarted This did not do anything and the files i deleted were restored and had to carry on from the blue screen again So that s my problem and i would love some help or advice please If you need anymore information please ask Thanks Luke nbsp

A:"Preparing Desktop" then a Blue Screen with mouse...NEED HELP

if you figure this out or solved the issue please let me know because i am having the same exact problem thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/preparing-desktop-then-a-blue-screen-with-mouse-need-help.917549/
Relevancy 49.02%

I only want to make my scroll bars wider. I don't wanna change anything else because I messed with it enough and have it just the way I like it. Is there a way please?

A:want to make my scroll bars wider

Hello April, and welcome to Eight Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to change the width of scrollbars in Windows 8.

Scrollbar - Change Width Size in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/43145-want-make-my-scroll-bars-wider.html
Relevancy 49.02%

---------------

---------------------

A:How to make HTML page wider?

yea i can help lol

dude u gota get a better editor

go for dreamweaver mx 2004 e mail me if you want some details il help you out

sounds like your problem is like uv somehow entered some code that keeps the res of the page set at 1 type like 8 / 6 dont know how to fix it but i use either front page or dreamweaver, dreamweaver bieng an amazing program u can edit most types of code soooo easily try it...

another way... sent me the htm doc and il sort it you can send to me on msn or email with ur msg ok mate

[email protected]

stay cool, FreeN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-make-html-page-wider.27773/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello: I suppose this is so basic that some will roll their eyes.. I have been using a stock market program on the older 5:4 ratio LCD monitors. I plan on buying a new Dell WIDER ratio this weekend. It states that my favorite lower resolution is supported. My question: Will the program adjust to the newer RATIO so that the entire screen is filled? I expect slight adjustment in normal V + H positions but my main question deals with the large difference in going to the much wider ratio. I do not play any video games. Is there a more important question that I should be asking? Thanks. agpilot

Relevancy 48.59%

I'm running Vista x64 with dozens of windows open at a time. My taskbar is set with "Group similar taskbar buttons" enabled so when I click on a grouped item in the taskbar, I get a "menu" that shows the titles for the individual windows that were grouped.

Question: how do I tell Vista to allow that menu to be *wider* so windows with really long titles don't have the text cut off?

A:How to make taskbar button menus wider

Unfortunately, there is no easy fix for this. When you have many windows open you're going ot have to put them somewhere...

Cheers

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/231720-how-make-taskbar-button-menus-wider.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When viewing My Picture File all photos are stretched wider than they should be. I guess that is because the screen is a 'wide screen.'

Is there a way to view the photos in the normal width? Do I need to change any settings to do this?

Thank you for your help.

A:Libretto U100: photos are stretched wider than they should be

Did you try to change the screen resolution?
Check if the photos will appear stretched using the screen resolution like 1024x768.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?27267-Libretto-U100-photos-are-stretched-wider-than-they-should-be
Relevancy 45.58%

My problem is that occasionally when I click or scroll my mouse my computer acts as though the quot CTRL quot button is being held down This problem will occur for a few minutes then it will go back to normal then become a problem again So what happens is all of a sudden I will be scrolling my mouse all the font on the screen will increase or decrease or it will scroll forward and backwards between previously viewed webpages Also when this is happening my typing will be messed up as well If I were to hit the quot p quot the print menue would pop up It will also type in all caps and if I try to type a quot quot for Wheel makes Mouse the wacky! my and Mouse go screen Clicking example it will come up as an quot amp quot And when I click the mouse in a paragraph of text online it will just highlight the entire paragraph of text I don t know if this will help but it usually happens right after the top bar of my web browser the one with the maximize Mouse Wheel and Clicking the Mouse makes my screen go wacky! minimize and close window button goes light grey Normally when you are at a web page this is a dark grey and if you get a pop up the background window will go to a light grey color So this problem usually happens when my window acts as though there was a pop up but their really wasn t I had this problem a couple weeks ago and I had installed a pop up blocker a couple days before that I uninstalled this blocker and my computer had been fine for the last couple of weeks Now all of a sudden it is doing it again I have not downloaded any pop up blockers or anything else I can think that would have caused this problem again This is a very frustrating problem so I would really appreciate some help Also the CTRL button isn t stuck and I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my mouse and keyboard Thank you very much nbsp

A:Mouse Wheel and Clicking the Mouse makes my screen go wacky!

Keyboards are very cheap, try a new one and save yourself lots of grief. Chances are the matrix circuit has some foreign goop on it that's conducting just well enough to make certain keys seem to be pushed, especially under varying humidity conditions.

The mouse is only doing what mice do when the certain keys are depressed so it's probably not at fault.

You could try blowing the keyboard out with compressed air but I wouldn't waste too much time on such a low dollar item.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-wheel-and-clicking-the-mouse-makes-my-screen-go-wacky.177659/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
my mouse cursor- an optical usb - is stuck in the middle of the screen. The mouse works, as I can still scroll on a webpage with it, and click on icons, but the cursor won't budge. I've also tried a PS-2 mouse, same issue, and have tested every USB port and all work fine so it is NOT a hardware issue that I can see. I've tried rebooting and doing a system restore, and I have the same issue in safe mode. When I go to device manager, it rcognizes the device and says everything is working properly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, nothing. Everything else seems to be fine on my PC. Any help will be most appreciated, thank you!

Windows home vista

A:Mouse cursor stuck in middle of screen, but mouse works

Is this a laptop or a desktop? What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals look for Legacy USB or USB mouse, if it is disabled, using the arrow key, Enable it. Save and Exit.
Go to the computer manufacturers support/download drivers site. type in your make and model # and download the Chipset driver (for USB Support)
Also, go to Start/Search and type CMD Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing or corrupted system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-cursor-stuck-in-middle-of-screen-but-mouse-works-754321.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ocassionally, while working in any application, my mouse pointer will 'stick' in one place on the screen, but the mouse itself still functions, you just can't see where it is on the screen. Re-booting temporarily corrects the problem. I've tried different mouses. I've re-installed the mouse driver. I've re-installed my video display driver. This is a brand new system with an Athlon AMD processer and an Asus motherboard. VIA Prosavage video. I use Windows 98. Please HELP!!
Brent

A:Mouse pointer hangs on screen, mouse still works 'invisibly'

Try a new video and mose driver from the manufacturers web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-pointer-hangs-on-screen-mouse-still-works-invisibly.72298/
Relevancy 45.15%
A:Half black, half white screen with picture of 3 black leaves...

Hello @rpickard, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums! The forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about the display issue, and wanted to help!  I understand that you believe the screen may be cracked. You can try performing a Hard Reset.  However, based on the information that you provided, the screen is likely damaged.  You can try reviewing the following document to verify, and for additional options: HP Notebook PCs - Diagnosing a Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) for Damage Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Half-black-half-white-screen-with-picture-of-3-black-leaves/td-p/5621453
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone. Just reinstalled Win7 64bit on my new Crucial m4 SSD. However....

I have my taskbar set to never combine so that there's no icons.

My previous install of Windows 7, I found a registry hack where I can make the "Tabs" on the taskbar wider. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I found a million threads on how to make the icons bigger and the auto preview bigger.
What I'm looking for:

Example:I want my taskbar to show
|Windows 7 Forums - Post New Thread - Mozilla Firefox|

instead of

|Windows 7 Foru|

Thank you!

A:Windows 7 - How to make taskbar "Tab" wider?

Welcome to Seven Forums notsoslimshady. See if [url=http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-change-the-windows-7-taskbar-button-length-or-width-size/}this[/url] is what you seek. A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/237895-windows-7-how-make-taskbar-tab-wider.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello I just came accross a PC that when scanned with ComboFix Keeps detecting and removing BootKit TDL ComboFix Log ComboFix - - - Administrator - x Microsoft Windows XP TDL4 Never Leaves Professional GMT - Running from c documents and settings Administrator Desktop ComboFix exe AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Disabled Outdated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Resident AV is active Other Deletions PhysicalDrive - Bootkit TDL was found and disinfected Files Created from - - to - - - - - - ----a-w- c windows system hidserv TDL4 Never Leaves dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system dllcache hidserv dll - - - - -------- d-----w- c documents and settings All Users Application Data Kaspersky Lab Find M Report - - - - ----a-w- c windows system inetcomm dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system vbscript dll - - - - ----a-w- c windows system win k sys SnapShot - - - - - - c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - - - - c windows system drivers mbamswissarmy sys - - - - c windows system drivers mbam sys - - - - - c windows system drivers mbam sys Reg Loading Points Note empty entries amp legit default entries are not shown REGEDIT HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run quot SoundMAXPnP quot quot c program files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe quot - - quot ATICCC quot quot c program files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exe quot - - quot DVDLauncher quot quot c program files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe quot - - quot McAfeeUpdaterUI quot quot c program files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe quot - - quot ShStatEXE quot quot c program files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE quot - - quot Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot quot c program files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot - - quot Intuit SyncManager quot quot c program files Common Files Intuit Sync IntuitSyncManager exe quot - - HKEY LOCAL MACHINE software microsoft windows currentversion policies explorer quot NoWelcomeScreen quot x HKLM services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy standardprofile quot EnableFirewall quot x HKLM services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy standardprofile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot HKLM services sharedaccess parameters firewallpolicy standardprofile GloballyOpenPorts List quot UDP quot UDP FMAudit Agent Default quot UDP quot UDP FMAudit Agent Fallback R ASFIPmon Broadcom ASF IP Monitor c program files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe PM R QBVSS QBIDPService c program files Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe PM S efipsk efipsk c docume nrice LOCALS Temp efipsk sys -- c docume nrice LOCALS Temp efipsk sys S gupdate Google Update Service gupdate c program files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe AM S gupdatem Google Update Service gupdatem c program files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe AM Contents of the Scheduled Tasks folder - - c windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore job - c program files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - - - c windows Tasks GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA job - c program files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - ------- Supplementary Scan ------- uStart Page hxxp www google com Handler intu-help-qb - c e ea- a - b - c c- fc cc eb - c program files Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions HelpAsyncPluggableProtocol dll Handler intu-help-qb - ACE -D C- -B B- CF FEC CB - c program files Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions HelpAsyncPluggableProtocol dll disk not found C please note that you need administrator rights to perform deep scan scanning hidden processes scanning hidden autostart entries scanning hidden files scan completed successfully hidden files Completion time - - ComboFix-quarantined-files txt - - ComboFix txt - - ComboFix txt - - ComboFix txt - - ComboFix txt - - Pre-Run bytes free Post-Run bytes free - - End Of File - - BCBFFA E EE B CC E EB DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Administrator at on Thu Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan Enterprise ... Read more

A:TDL4 Never Leaves

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398311/tdl4-never-leaves/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello All,
Say, is there anything akin to a family tree app for classes and their inheirited children, typedef class template wanta be's, etc.?

Flippping back and forth between declarations and definitions, tracking back 4-12 levels of header files leaves me wondering what it was I trying to figure out to begin with. There's got to be a better way.

So is there any open source or freebie that will show visual relationships? Even a plain text outline would be better than my strained brain cells.
Or do I have to take yet another deviation from my destination and write one myself?

Thnks

A:Any C++ tree leaves?

VaporTrace said:

Hello All,
Say, is there anything akin to a family tree app for classes and their inheirited children, typedef class template wanta be's, etc.?

Flippping back and forth between declarations and definitions, tracking back 4-12 levels of header files leaves me wondering what it was I trying to figure out to begin with. There's got to be a better way.

So is there any open source or freebie that will show visual relationships? Even a plain text outline would be better than my strained brain cells.
Or do I have to take yet another deviation from my destination and write one myself?
ThnksClick to expand...

Hi VaporTrace,

Sounds like a classic question best solved by the C++ software development environment of integrated tools of which the compiler you are using is a part - if any, and a very good symbolic debugger as well.

-- Tom

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-c-tree-leaves.400134/
Relevancy 42.14%

my screen stays black and shows the mouse icon and won't load my home screen?

A:my home screen won't load up my screen stays black and shows the mouse

Hello,

Try booting the PC into Safe Mode. Start your computer in safe mode

If successfully able to boot into Safe Mode try running a System Restore back to a date when it was working properly

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-home-screen-wont-load-up-my-screen-stays-black-and-shows-the-mouse-684158.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have an office desktop pc HP COMPAQ ELITE running -bit Windows I was manually running Windows update and manually updating some of my drivers when the pc suddenly turned itself off I turned it back on and now it doesn't get to the login screen anymore It just displays screen mouse movable cursor with Black appears screen login before a Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears black screen with a movable mouse cursor although I can't really click anything or even press any keys on the keyboard I tried loading into the recovery environment but it only gives me the option to restore my hard drive to factory settings which I don't want since I have lots of important files in it I've searched around the forums but I can't find a problem that is EXACTLY like mine By the way my pc is on a dual boot mode with an Ubuntu and that is how I'm able to access this forum right now The dual boot was set-up by the employee that I replaced so I have no idea how this is set-up Any help would be appreciated -Ron

A:Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears

Firstly, boot into the Linux operating system, and then create a backup of all important files and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300316-black-screen-movable-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi i m having to boot into windows xp on mouse screen xp with arrow Solved: screen blank splash blue after power up sytem goes through the windows xp splash screen with progress bar and then instead of login prompt it goes just into the blue screen with moveable mouse pointer arrow issue seems to be similar to http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-xp-pro-startup html http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -startup-problem html but recommended solutions didn t help so far symptoms just before issue - was not able to run use some system features - Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen utility to turn off the display utility to bring up battery info - everything was working fine before this what i ve tried boot to Last Known Good Configuration - resulting in the same blue screen boot to Safe Mode Safe Mode with networking Safe Mode with comman prompt - resulting in blank black screen with quot Safe Mode quot in the corners and moveable mouse test Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen the hardware hard drive memory etc via build in PC Doctor - all seems to be working i am able to use bootable XP CD from other machine to get into Recovery Console i am able to boot to simple live XP using BartPE-XPE usb key and access the hard drive could you please help me to find solution to this issue thank you in advance krajicek nbsp

A:Solved: blank blue screen with mouse arrow after xp splash screen

Hi krajicek, u having a same problem as me.

Btw.. yours is laptop or desktop?
If laptop wat brand are u using..Mine are FUJITSU laptop and i still
can't get it work.
I boot from the WinXP CD and it still can't recovery as well and i try
safe mode aslo can't work too..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-blank-blue-screen-with-mouse-arrow-after-xp-splash-screen.870326/
Relevancy 42.14%

Okay I have seen some machines where when you remote desktop into them from a single screen machine to a dual screen machine it will shuffle over all apps to the primary screen and you can PC remote screen to desktop Remote single screen Dual connection. Desktop - keep working I have seen others that will have dual screens and it will leave the app open on the toolbar but you can t get to it because it is on the nd screen and htings don t get shuffled over Now I have a rd type of behavior and I need to figure out Remote Desktop - Dual screen PC to single screen remote desktop connection. why PCs are not all behaving the same This new symptom is connecting Remote Desktop - Dual screen PC to single screen remote desktop connection. into a Vista machine that has screens All the apps themseleves stay on the screen they were left on but the sidebar does squish to the First screen Some machines - Dual screen app on screen and app on screen Remote desktop with single screen both apps show on screen Other machines - Dual screen app on screen and app on screen Remote desktop with single screen show app on screen and app shows in toolbar but you have to close it and reopen it to get it on screen New symptom Vista machines - Dual screen app on screen and app on screen Remote desktop with single screen show app on screen and app shows in toolbar but you have to close it and reopen it to get it on screen but sidebar exe shuffles to screen Remote Desktop - Dual screen PC to single screen remote desktop connection. Ultimately I would like them all to behave like the top option but I don t know where you force this behavior nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/remote-desktop-dual-screen-pc-to-single-screen-remote-desktop-connection.823390/
Relevancy 42.14%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I have a windows 7 touch screen laptop which I am using along with an extended desktop on a secondary monitor. Is there any way I can lock the mouse/pointer onto the secondary monitor but still use the touch screen facility on the laptop itself?

thanks in advance for any help provided.

nova-lighting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-mouse-pointer-on-dual-screen-with-touch-screen.963750/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,

I'd like to share screen in skype and be able to scroll the edges of my screen with my mouse, but the lil red border skype creates disables scrolling.if it's in windowed (fullscreen). I have it fullscreen and the stream quality gets lower. Does anyone have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-skype-share-screen-mouse-screen-scrolling.953910/
Relevancy 41.71%

I put together a new PC for the first time and everything is going good except for the fact that when I shutdown it turns off but all the fans and led lights inside stay on The power button and reset button no longer do anything at this point And the only way to shut it off is by flipping the switch on the power supply I m totally new at this so the only thing I can imagine is possibly something with the motherboard isn t properly telling the power supply to shut off Or something along those lines Everything on the system works great it just wont shut off yet if I hit restart it will do a full and proper restart fully shutting off and everything It also went to sleep once and I had no control couldn t wake it up and the power button just flashed I sort of solved that just by changing the sleep settings to never but that s only temporary I d like a proper fix cause I feel like every time I flip that switch I could be damaging something even though windows still starts normal and just fine nbsp

Relevancy 41.71%

I am using an HP pavilion dv6000. I am only using Mozilla firefox right now and nothing else but this page. My CPU usage is at 100% and staying there. I've uninstalled unnecessary programs, plugins, ran CCcleaner, defragged, checked registry errors AND run a virus scan. I'm at a loss. Everything seems to be running extremely slow. I have over 75 GB left of memory on my C drive. If you need more info, my laptop info is listed in my system information. Also, I'm running Avast! antivirus.

A:My CPU usage almost never leaves 100% (laptop)

Do some searches of this situation... This is not really alarming or worrisome... as you will find. Most folks I know consider percentages of CPU usage pretty useless and meaningless... Most users have reports of 100% most of the time.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cpu-usage-almost-never-leaves-100-laptop.178294/
Relevancy 41.71%

An older version of Ubuntu was installed on my computer by someone apparently wanting to be funny and it has turned into a complete nightmare for me I have no interest no wants or desires to use Ubuntu I am completely content with Windows It was bad enough I lost a lot of my data and pictures and work documents But now I can't even reinstall windows to be able to get back to work Here's what I know for sure My Windows Disc Works have tried it in other machines with no problem My dvd drive is functioning apparently leaves me Prankster help computerless, please. it installed ubuntu but just to be safe I took it out and tried it in one other computer and no problems I changed my boot order to make the cd rom boot first Ubuntu boots fine I put in the windows disc and restart and get no Prankster leaves me computerless, help please. notification to press a key for setup or anything like that ever it boots straight to ubuntu I get no error messages I use the manual f to select the cdrom drive it hands in the post at cd dvd for a few seconds then continues to boot to ubuntu I am in desperate need of this computer so any and all help would be appreciated Shaun

A:Prankster leaves me computerless, help please.

You have to remove grub, it's ubuntu's version of a bootmgr and windows can't take over again until you get rid of it.
See this thread here.
Sorry it is a tad complicated but the instructions are very clear.
Remove Grub - Restore Windows 7

btw if win 7 is still on the drive it should start working again after this without a reinstall.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/251339-prankster-leaves-me-computerless-help-please.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Good afternoon I hope someone can shed some light on this please I have run the windows Vista Ultimate internal defrag Glary Utilities defrag and IOBit smart defrag but they all finish with more fragmented sectors than unfragmented leaves fragmentation. Defragging C:\ 31.39% sectors on C I have also run the following from the Defragging C:\ leaves 31.39% fragmentation. command line chkdsk C f r sfc scannow defrag C a u defrag C -w defrag C -c Finished as clean Defragging C:\ leaves 31.39% fragmentation. Finished and did not find any integrity violations Pointed to run amp Told me that on NTFS volumes file fragments larger than MB are not included in the fragmentation ststistics Said that C was fragmentation but when I ran Glary Utilities defrag and IOBit smart defrag it took no time at all and I still had hundreds of red fragments But when I ran those two on drive D they took ages and completed successfully with no fragmentation left With Glary Utilities report it told me that C System Volume Information was GB fragments amp GB fragments for the two associated file names This is exactly the total of those two combined that gives me the fragmentation that is left after running When I looked in C System Volume Information I have changed the properties so I can view hidden and system files it shows bytes I ran a duplicate file finder but couldn't find another file of the same name Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated

A:Defragging C:\ leaves 31.39% fragmentation.

The various defragmentation programs have their own individual ideas about what is a "fragmented" file. Each has it's own threshold.

Even if you got say 4 different programs to tell you there was zero percent fragmentation, the fifth or sixth program you try may well tell you that your drives are fragmented.

If you are going to be highly concerned about this, you are in for a long day. Maybe a bunch of long days.

How else could defrag program A differentiate itself from defrag program B other than by finding more fragments? That's a selling point to some people.

Or do you actually have a performance issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/396463-defragging-c-leaves-31-39-fragmentation.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Good afternoon I hope someone can shed some light on this please I have run the windows Vista Ultimate internal defrag Glary Utilities defrag and IOBit smart defrag but they all finish with more fragmented sectors than unfragmented sectors on C I have also run the following from the command line chkdsk C f r sfc scannow defrag C a u defrag C -w defrag C -c Finished as clean Finished and did not find any integrity violations Pointed to run amp Told me that on NTFS volumes file fragments larger than MB are not included in the fragmentation ststistics Said that C was fragmentation but when I ran Glary Utilities defrag and IOBit smart defrag it took no time at all and I still had hundreds of red fragments But Defragging leaves C:\ 31.39% fragmentation. when I ran those two on Defragging C:\ leaves 31.39% fragmentation. drive D they took ages and completed successfully with no fragmentation left With Glary Utilities report it told me that C System Volume Information was GB fragments amp GB fragments for the two associated file names This is exactly the total of those two combined that gives me the fragmentation that is left after running When I looked in C System Volume Information I have changed the properties so I can view hidden and system files it shows bytes I ran a duplicate file finder but couldn't find another file of the same name Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated

A:Defragging C:\ leaves 31.39% fragmentation.

The various defragmentation programs have their own individual ideas about what is a "fragmented" file. Each has it's own threshold.

Even if you got say 4 different programs to tell you there was zero percent fragmentation, the fifth or sixth program you try may well tell you that your drives are fragmented.

If you are going to be highly concerned about this, you are in for a long day. Maybe a bunch of long days.

How else could defrag program A differentiate itself from defrag program B other than by finding more fragments? That's a selling point to some people.

Or do you actually have a performance issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/396463-defragging-c-leaves-31-39-fragmentation.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Well it appears that I am no longer entitled to free updates for AVG Free. I'm looking for a capable and free (not asking too much, is it?) anti-virus program. I'm on Windows XP at home.

Also, I wanted to know if there's any gaps in my security that need to be filled. I currently run Adaware SE Personal, Spybot - Search and Destroy, CWShredder, and up until now, AVG Free.

Thanks for your help.

Relevancy 41.71%

I use a wireless router successfully for two home computers. One computer was recently replaced with new one incorporating Vista. Worked OK at first then started to fail to reconnect to Internet after waking from "sleep". Local connection only. Found hotfix at KB 933872 which resolved the problem. However the problem has reappeared in a different form. If I close and restart the computer using Shut Down or Restart then it only connects "local". Using CMD ipconfig/all I see there is no default gateway showing. In order to get going, I connect an Ethernet cable between router and computer. It immediately connects to Internet. After a while I can disconnect the cable and the computer goes on to connect to the Internet wirelessly!

A:KB 933872 leaves a problem behind

SOLVED by switching off User Account Control feature. (Click on start. Enter "User" in search box. Untick User Account control.)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/kb-933872-leaves-a-problem-behind-183864.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi, a friend of mine requested that I fix his taskbar so of course I've come to you all for help and suggestions.

He says that during all games *that should be full screen* the taskbar will not disappear. It stays in view *and usable* which of course makes the games impossible to play.

He has windows xp pro and I have no clue how to fix this, thanks for your help!

A:(Solved) Taskbar never leaves!

Did he accidentaly set it to not autohide? Just a sugest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-taskbar-never-leaves.194398/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have the program MBProbe for CPU temps which I can't get to work with a MSI6330Lite Board.
To remove the program, you remove the Folder, ... BUT the program leaves a Registery Key which has to be edited from there to completely remove it
---
Question: I have never looked at the Registery--either in this computer, or my old one--and was wonder if leaving that key in the Reg. would affect operation of any other programs

A:Removing a program & the Key it leaves

you can leave it there and it wont do any harmm

if you really want to remove it go here and get regcleaner easy to use
http://www.webmasterfree.com/regcleaner.html

if you want to do it by hand goto start<>run type in "regedit"<>goto tools<>find and type in mbprobe and every time it finds a refernce right click and delete

but if you use regcleaner you will probably find loads of other programs that have left behind bits of themselves

tip if you dont know what the program is dont remove the reg entry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/removing-a-program-the-key-it-leaves.66669/
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently updated the bios on my system in hopes that it would resolve a problem i was having when updating to Windows XP. When i updated the bios and attempted to install windows XP again, it told me it was starting windows, and then did nothing more. It freezes on a blue screne with the words "windoes is starting" on the bottom. when i checked the system specs, it told me that i had 32 mb of ram as opposed to the 256 mb i had originally started with. My machine is a IBM think pad A20M with an upgraded bios from 1.04 to 1.13, it has a 800mgz intel pentium 3 processor.

PLEASE HELP ME :S

Relevancy 41.71%

Hello everyone:

I have a bit of a pickle. I created a few excel spreadsheets and I need to be able to add Sheet 2-4 onto Sheet 1. Sounds easy enough but none of the sheets are exactly the same width but I need them to all fit the layout that is on Sheet 1. I tried pasting as a picture and making it fit that way, which works but the quality is really bad. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem?

I have attached the sheets to this post so that you can see what I am talking about.

Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Everyone!

Im not so smart about computers so please try to explain it to me in the least complicared way, When ever i start up windows it get threw the Windows boot screen then whens it suppose to come to the logon screen i see only black for no matter how long i leave it on!, i can still move the mouse, and thats all that happens i have a operating system cd, and if i got to repair windows what config do i type??

Thanks Please help i have really important stuff, Including a project for school i've been working on for 2 weeks please Help! Thanks

A:Windows get black screen after boot screen and mouse is there????

Anyone??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-get-black-screen-after-boot-screen-and-mouse-is-there.538340/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi People I have been a member of this forum and most often I have found a solution by just searching but today I have a problem which I have not been able to find a solution for therefore I am listing my problem I have Windows installed on a desktop since months now it was working fine till yesterday evening but don't know what happened it was loading windows Basically what is happening is that it is booting fine then the windows logo comes and after that of Screen instead Black Screen Login Mouse Pointer with I get a black screen with mouse cursor whereas it was supposed Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen to have the login screen Now I had this same problem months back with the same computer but then I was unable to solve it using the MBR repair commands and so I formatted the drive C of my computer then Now I am determined not to format the DRIVE C so Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen I went to the command prompt using system repair tools from the DVD and went into DISKPART When I selected disk which is the only disk installed and entered detail disk this is what I got Disk ID SOmething Type ATA Status Online PAth Target LUN ID Location Path Something Current Readonly State No Read Only No Boot Disk No Pagefile Disk No Hibernation File Disk No Crash Dump Disk No Clustered Disk No ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Volume Ltr Label FS Type Size Status Volume C System Rese NTFS Partition MB Healthy Volume D NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume E NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume F NTFS Partition GB Healthy Now I found that the system reserved partition has somehow claimed Drive Letter C after maybe a power failure Now I think the problem would be solved if I could somehow remove C letter from the System Reserved partition and assign it back to Volume I later on checked on the recovery files that in my computer the DRIVE C is the actual system reserved partition which is supposed to be hidden and DRIVE D is the one which holds the actual windows installation I have also the information on VOLUME when I selected DISK and then selected VOLUME and entered detail volume I got the following result Readonly No Hidden No No Default Drive letter No Shadow Copy No Offline No Bitlocker Encrypted No Installable No Now I changed the attributes and to Yes think it would solve my problem but it didn't I would also like to know why this has happened I think this is due to power failure but why is the system reserved partition showing as C Please help I have tried to search and fix the MBR as well but to no avail I don't want to format my PC again I have managed to remove the drive letter of the system reserved partition and assign letter C to the D drive But then I got a message on rebooting BOOTMGR missing press CTRL ALT DEL Then again I have tried to repair the bootmgr by BOOTREC fixboot this removed the BOOTMGR missing error but got me back to where I started that is a BLACK screen after windows logo I am still not able to get the LOGIN SCREEN don't know why Please help

A:Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen

Have you tried Startup Repair from the Win7 installation DVD?
Have you tried System Restore to a point in time before these errors occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110305-black-screen-mouse-pointer-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 41.71%

it seems that the computer fails to boot somehow the welcome screen shows up as usual then stays there for a long time then the screen turns black not turned off just back I am using two screens and I can move the mouse from one screen to the other with no problem Its like it started up as normal except but the desktop and windows explorer did not start at all at least thats how it looks like by black W/ screen fail mouse screen boot, to welcome followed I read somewhere else from a guy with a similar problem link to that forum page http www sevenforums com crashes-d me-screen html but I have tried to plan fail to boot, welcome screen followed by black screen W/ mouse a check on c like described fail to boot, welcome screen followed by black screen W/ mouse on the other forum page it went well but it gave me no results also tried to boot from a windows ultimate disk both on fail to boot, welcome screen followed by black screen W/ mouse -bit and -bit but it did not help and lastly when I start it up again it gave me an option to scan the machine and repair it automatically and that to failed I'm out of options here

A:fail to boot, welcome screen followed by black screen W/ mouse

One of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting tutorial for failure to start issues. Try doing each step in the order given rather than jumping around because each step builds on the previous step(s). The tutorial is time consuming but has helped many.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

If still having problems he also prepared this general troubleshooting tutorial.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

And if all else fails you can do a clean install. The first tutorial is if you have a self built machine and the second if you have a factory installed operating system.

Clean Install Windows 7

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/277692-fail-boot-welcome-screen-followed-black-screen-w-mouse.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey everyone I ve recently had this problem occur to a computer I am working on for a friend I ve moved my questioning to here after using combofix went disastrously wrong after active load MS with Black Screen (After mouse; Getting screen) HELP! being suggested to use it here Problem I have a black screen after windows load screen that has Getting Black Screen (After MS load screen) with active mouse; HELP! an active mouse but with no capability of getting into the Windows Task Manager I tried rebooting in VGA mode all safe modes with no luck Here is a chain of events leading up to my problem Cleaned up her hard drive because it was riddled with spy-ware and viruses with Hijackthis Ad aware and house call Her computer was still having issues with a few spy ware programs mainly Think-adz and the fact that her WHOLE desktop screen would invert degrees to the left It was suggested that I run combo fix follow the prompts and post a log for the person whom was helping me I installed and ran combo fix on the laptop it never got past Step after waiting for minutes I ran combo fix again and the same thing happened I rebooted the laptop and got a lsass exe error I went into bootup with my XP CD and manually repaired lsass exe with the friendly copy and rename commands Currently I am here I have a black screen after windows load screen that has an active mouse Getting Black Screen (After MS load screen) with active mouse; HELP! but with no capability of getting into the Windows Task Manager I tried rebooting in VGA mode all safe modes with no luck I fear that combo fix deleted A LOT more than I know I really want to try to avoid doing a clean re-install because she has no back up for her data Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated Thanks Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-black-screen-after-ms-load-screen-with-active-mouse-help.631212/
Relevancy 41.28%

No problems with WLM for ages - nothing changed as far as I am concerned but now getting this message every now and then hence no messages when it appears - the port referred to is 995 - and the message says fails to connect with server - maybe not used for a while - all as usual.
This is very frustrating - I would be glad of help!

A:WLM intermittently leaves error 0x800CCC0f

Post a screenshot of the exact error next time it happens. It would be helpful to anyone trying to find a solution.

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/304627-wlm-intermittently-leaves-error-0x800ccc0f.html
Relevancy 41.28%

my pc was automatically attack a network attack when my internet was ok and ready without doing anything i receive warning from kaspersky that my network is under attack blocked by kaspersky ofcourse if the network attack was successful it leaves after. + attack virus Network leaves viruses in my pc it happens Network attack + leaves virus after. most of the time if my firewall is turned off like c windows system x exe virus win virut Network attack + leaves virus after. ce --- scanned and detected by kaspersky backdoor bot ---- quot quot by malwarebytes detection intrusion win DCOM exploit --- report by kasperksy the most damaging effect of this attack was my internet will be disable i dont know to restore my internet connection and i just use the system restore i went to the kaspersky forum and asked about my problem and they replied and said quot kasperksy just blocked the network attack but doesnt kill the hacker quot i dont know if they just making fun of me they just dont know how it was serious to me i read there guides about network attack and one solution for this was windows should be up to date my windows was already updated but still receiving this network attack do you know to stop this attack prevent being attack please help me i already posted this question in some computer forum but they dont reply to me

A:Network attack + leaves virus after.

Im a bit confused, there still attacking you, or do you think the attack infected your network?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222602/network-attack-leaves-virus-after/
Relevancy 41.28%

as purchased, my PC memory was 2x256 Mb Samsung M3 68L3223FTN-CCC
which is 256Mb PC3200 DDR-SDRAM 400 Mhz data rate cas latency 3-3-3

I have bought 2 x 1Gb OCZ4001024V3 which is PC3200 DDR-SDRAM 400 Mhz cas latency 3-4-4

Having swapped and rebooted, there is no video so I cannot even see the bios. Replacing the original memory and everything works as before,

The motherboard is ASUS K8V-MX with an AMD 64 3000+ processor. The video is onboard VIA/S3G UniChrome II Graphics

Please can someone tell me if I have bought the wrong memory, or can I do something like reset the cas latency before swapping the memory ?

A:Memory upgrade leaves me with no video

No luck - I tried either strip in each slot without success, so it looks like a fundamental incompatibility. I am trying for a bios update next.

With the 512Mg back in, I examine the bios.

the settings I could have are
memclock auto or limit. Currently auto.
If limit then memclock to CPU can be
1:1 or DDR200 (which seems to be the auto setting)
4:3 DDR266
3:2 unmarked
5:3 DDR333
2:1 DDR400
Bank interleaving enabled or disabled. Currently disabled
Cas latency auto, 2.0, 3.0, 2.5 Currently auto
TRCD auto, 2,3,4,5,6 Currently auto
TRAS auto or 5 to 15 in steps of 1 Currently auto
TRP auto,2,3,4,5,6 Currenlty auto

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-leaves-me-with-no-video.103008/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello Guys!

I wonder if when conficker infects the pc leaves entries in the HijackThis.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/228073/conficker-leaves-traces-in-hijackthis/
Relevancy 41.28%

Ok, this is a new one on me. I'm working on a Win98 computer that is having "issues" with Solitaire. Although the game itself works fine, dragging a card causes the card to leave a "trail" of itself, kind of like a cursor trail. One difference is these card trails are permanent. Permanent, at least, until your move, minimize, or maximize the window.

Has anyone experienced this?? If so, what was the solution??

Thanks!!

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello

So I have finally been able to start installing windows. I noticed I have to disk partitions on Disk 0. One is partition 1 and the second partition 2.

I read on this site that I should delete and then create new and then format to completely wipe my hard drive.

Now I do this with disk partition 1. But after I format, I create a new with th exact same amount of space (100 mb.) the formatted version only has 86.0 mb free space after doing so.

The other, my new hard drive of 931.4 gb is unable to be deleted or formatted and it shows a total size of 931.4 gb and 930.8 gb free space.

How come I am not able to completely wipe these two partitions out and start afresh with a windows install?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Formatting leaves less free space

I wouldn't expect to see partitions with numbers like 1 and 2. Drives yes, partitions no.

You don't have to ask Windows to format a partition. It will do that automatically during the installation process.

You say "it shows a total size..........".

Show us that picture. I assume you are referring to Windows Disk Management. Post a screen shot of what you see.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/331928-formatting-leaves-less-free-space.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have begun experiencing BSOD frequently but the system does not leave a dump file even though it is configured for that and has the page file enabled with more than adequate memory allotted. I'm attaching the file for review and comment. Help.Attachment 51581

A:BSOD leaves no dump file

Hi TLC1 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

According to your event logs, it seems that the System was unable to produce a minidump file from the Complete Dump file. Good news is that the Complete Dump file is being written to the disk.

Please upload a ZIPPED copy of the file located at "C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP". The file size would be large so please make sure you ZIP it up before uploading. Once it is zipped, upload it to a file hoster like Mediafire.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54456-bsod-leaves-no-dump-file.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I downloaded a program (PHP Coder, a PHP and HTML editor) about ten minutes ago, decided I didn't like it, and uninstalled it. The problem is, I told it to modify HTML and PHP files so that I could load the file and edit it just by clicking on it. After I uninstalled it, though, my PHP files would still have the PHP Coder image on them and are still called PHP Coder files. Also when I right click on HTML files, it still says Open with PHP Coder.

Any way to get rid of this?

A:Program Leaves Stuff After Uninstall

You need to reset the file association for html and php. Go to Control Panel > Folder Options > File Types > scroll down until you find the type - click to select and then click change, then select the program you want to open it when you select it.
Repeat as necessary!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-leaves-stuff-after-uninstall.85707/
Relevancy 41.28%

Windows - Excel I had a perfectly good working macro Solved: leaves G column Loop 0's in which CodeLexicon came up with and I Solved: Loop leaves 0's in column G adapted so I could use it with different files It read columns C thru F and deleted the row if all the columns I had a monkey wrench thrown into it yesterday Now if Column G Y then the row can not be deleted even though C thru F The macro below works deleting all the N s but I have s left in column G and it leaves the Solved: Loop leaves 0's in column G entire row even Solved: Loop leaves 0's in column G though all the columns are s I tried changing quot Set Checkrange Range Cells r Cells r quot to quot Set Checkrange Range Cells r Cells r quot but it still leaves the G column s I even tried another seperate If statement to deal with column G and it doesn t work FYI - I am working with an undefined number of rows I am not getting any type of errors so I m good that way Please help Option Explicit Sub DeleteRows Open MPD- Workbooks Open FileName quot C Users Desktop LOB CY Macro Worksheets M Products MPD- xlsx quot WorkSheets quot MPD-WIP quot Select Dim i As Long Dim r As Long Dim w As Worksheet Set w WorkSheets quot MPD-WIP quot Dim lastrow As Long lastrow Range quot A quot amp w Rows Count End xlUp Row - Dim Checkrange As Range For r lastrow To Step - Set Checkrange Range Cells r Cells r If Cells r quot G quot Value quot N quot Then If Application WorksheetFunction Sum Checkrange Then Checkrange EntireRow Delete End If End If Next End Sub nbsp

Relevancy 41.28%

Epson XP-415
Printer copies normally to iMac and prints normally, but leaves narrow blank stripes across the page when copying direct to the paper, ie in photo copy mode. Very strange as both cases involve scanning and then printing.
Richard

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/xp-415-photocopy-leaves-blank-stripes-4601921/
Relevancy 41.28%

When I highlite a typo and delete it with the "DEL" key (over on the right with the calculator keys) it leaves behind a decimal point [.]

Remedy?

A:Using the delete key leaves a decimal point

Try the on-screen keyboard - just to see if it also has this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/327004-using-delete-key-leaves-decimal-point.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hey guies, i just upgraded from my old XP into 7. i was told that this would erase all my existing data, but for some reason my entire hard drive is still full to the brim with old crapy data. anyone know how to help me out?

A:Windows XP to 7 upgrade leaves my baffled

Since there is no direct upgrade path from XP to Windows 7 I'm not quite sure what you did.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452824/windows-xp-to-7-upgrade-leaves-my-baffled/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,

I've enabled the auto-hide taskbar in Windows 7, but when the taskbar is hidden, the very top of the taskbar is still visible, leaving an edge.

Is there a fix?

A:Hide taskbar leaves an edge

My guess is: this is a video driver issue.

You can try to...
...re-install the same version that you have now
...install a newer version - if available
...install an older version - if available

It would help us to help you if you would fill in your system specs.
System Info - See Your System Specs
http://www.sevenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/322075-hide-taskbar-leaves-edge.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Before my upgrade from Windows 7 I had a working dual monitor setup. With Windows 8 I get a message that says "Your PC can't project to another screen." My display adapter shows to be Microsoft Basic Display adapter. I don't know where or how to start troubleshooting. Can someone offer guideance?

A:Upgrade Leaves Me Half Blind

Originally Posted by wdarnellg

Before my upgrade from Windows 7 I had a working dual monitor setup. With Windows 8 I get a message that says "Your PC can't project to another screen." My display adapter shows to be Microsoft Basic Display adapter. I don't know where or how to start troubleshooting. Can someone offer guideance?

I guess that the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter doesn't support multiple screens. You'll need drivers for you graphics card.

As you haven't posted what it is, or information that might lead to finding out what it is (like the make and model of the PC), we can't point you to a place to download the drivers.

I hope that your graphics adapter isn't one of those that has no Win8 drivers. Microsoft includes many drivers in the Win 8 installer, but that's as a courtesy; the drivers are actually from the manufacturer. Some manufacturers haven't produced Win 8 drivers for their products. (Similar things happened in going from XP to Vista.)

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/13125-upgrade-leaves-me-half-blind.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey I want to shutdown (not sleep) my new XPS13. I go to the power menu and select Shutdown. Instead of powering down it logs me off and leaves me now in Airplane Mode. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Is there a configuration setting someplace? How do I power this off. I don't think sitting on the power button is the right thing to do.
I tried to search for this but can't narrow in on a related post.
I can log back into the machine. I can exit Airplane Mode. I cannot shutdown.
If it is doing updates behind the scenes it should tell me. Will it eventually shut off? I guess I'll see. I am done for the day and it will be in the bag for the commute (not on an airplane).

A:Shutdown leaves me in Airplane Mode and NOT off (XPS 13)

So an hour later it is still on.
So upon detailed investigation I see that you can scroll down on the settings dialog defining what power options you assign to the various buttons including the Power button. There are additional settings there.
Down below the horizon on this dialog there is a checkbox turning on "Fast Start Up". Maybe that should be more appropriately labelled "Ignore Shutdown" or "Confuse & Frustrate Customer". Un-checking this box allowed me to power down the laptop.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19630111
Relevancy 41.28%

First it was just my browser but now it's images ,videos ,everything ,even before I enter windows ,everything is like that...So I thought, it has to do something with my graphic card ,or the drivers or God knows what...

A:Everything on my computer is blurry and leaves a trace...

View image: ttztz

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/289283-everything-my-computer-blurry-leaves-trace.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Would it work on my dell desktop if i plug it in one of my usb ports?

A:Can you use this usb mouse on a desktop

What?

A retractable cord, USB mouse on a Desktop?

Why?

I'd say it would get in the way of your keyboard. Actually many (most) users have their Desktop PC under the desk! Therefore it really wouldn't work.

That mouse is intended for laptops in my view
Obviously it can be used on Desktops, but it's just not practical

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-you-use-this-usb-mouse-on-a-desktop.125031/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi Folks,Found on my twitter from trendlabs :TrendLabs looks at Comex iPhone jailbreak tool that leaves phones open to vulnerabilities: http://bit.ly/92W0yL (PDF file)CheersKarstenHansen

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/340303/jailbreak-tool-leaves-holes-on-iphone/
Relevancy 40.85%

While using adaptec 3.5c and burning audio from cd reader, at any speed, I get crackles and pops on everything I burn, I have used blank sony's and tdk's and I have burned from new cds!! Please please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plextor-leaves-cracks-and-pops-on-my-burns.36729/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hi
I am using Track eraser pro 5.01
I have a problem with the software. Whenever I hide and unhide my browser using special keys - it leaves a background patch on the dektop. It is akind of nuisance. I have to refresh the browser to remove that patch.
Can somebody help me please ?
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/track-eraser-pro-leaves-patch-on-the-dektop.455826/
Relevancy 40.85%

So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both)
The first is whenever you shut it down it leaves all usb ports powered.
The second is that every second time you try to boot it goes to the asus screen where there's meant to be the little circle made of dots spinning and no circle appears nothing happens.

Hardware all seems fine so not sure what needs changing.

A:New mobo shutting down leaves usbs powered

Originally Posted by Sketch

So I got a new asus M5a97 for a new socket and whatnot and now when I shut down there are 2 issues (title bar not long enough for both)
The first is whenever you shut it down it leaves all usb ports powered.
The second is that every second time you try to boot it goes to the asus screen where there's meant to be the little circle made of dots spinning and no circle appears nothing happens.

Hardware all seems fine so not sure what needs changing.

Powered usb's is pretty normal nowadays as most want their plugged in devices to charge overnight,
the second issue could have something to do with 'Fast Startup'.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37325-new-mobo-shutting-down-leaves-usbs-powered.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Just got an HP 2159 21.5" LCD monitor with ATI Radeon HD 4650 VCard+512MB. When connecting via HDMI, it leaves 3/4 black borders on all sides when set at 1920x1080 resolution. Only when changing to 1650x1050or lower, or connecdting bia DVI, will the window fill up the entire screen.
Called HP twice, updated the driver twice, still no solution.

Is this a default charaqcteristic of HDMI connection or is it a flaw?

System: Core 2 Quart Q8200, 6GB RAM, 640GB HD,

Relevancy 40.85%

Greetings,

Every time I use the automatic document feeder on my HP OfficeJet 7110 it leaves a faint line vertically down the center of the page. The line isn't there when I manually load the sheets. Any suggestions how to clear this up would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Don

A:Officejet 7110 Leaves Line on Copies

Yup, an easy one too.....

Take a damp (not wet) cloth, lift the lid, and at the left hand end, there should be a 'strip' of glass. Gently wipe it over to remove any 'bits' on it (if there is no strip - I don't know as I don't have one - just wipe over the whole glass area, and then dry it).

What is happening is that a bit of dirt is on the scan area, and gets scanned as the paper is dragged across that strip. The scanner sees it as a long line, and faithfully reproduces it. This is a common problem with this type of scanner.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/officejet-7110-leaves-line-on-copies.377966/
Relevancy 40.85%

howdy i m attempting to install drivers for a sapphire x pro agp and am having a rather odd problem i m using this installer - vista win dd ccc folders Catalyst for Win7 leaves little x64 else 10.2 empty and wdm enu- Guru D com exe the installer verifies itself apparently installs something finishes with a green checkmark and indicates installation complete but when i go to look for catalyst it is nowhere to be found the folder the drivers and program were installed into are empty and Catalyst 10.2 for x64 Win7 leaves empty folders and little else the device manager reports that it is using windows drivers for the card this condition persists with a reboot i d really like to install these drivers -or perhaps better drivers if they exist EDIT the main reason i want to install catalyst is to get variable speed control on the fan help the install does generate a report at this location C Program Files ATI CIM Reports Report xml and indicates the following Catalyst Install Manager Installation Report Hardware information Name ATI Radeon Graphics Processor Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x a Subsystem ID xe Subsystem vendor ID x b Other hardware Existing packages ATI Catalyst Install Manager Microsoft Visual C SP Redistributable Packages for install ATI Catalyst Install Manager Final Status Success Version of Item Size Mbytes Other detected devices ATI Radeon Graphics Processor Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x a Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x a Subsystem ID xe Subsystem vendor ID x b ATI Radeon Graphics Processor Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x a Subsystem ID xe Subsystem vendor ID x b ATI Radeon Graphics Processor Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x a Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x a Subsystem ID xe Subsystem vendor ID x b Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Device ID x Vendor ID x Class Code x Revision ID x Subsystem ID x Subsystem vendor ID x Error messages Click to expand the error messages section is empty after attempting to update the drivers through the device manager i got a message reporting that windows has determined the driver software is up to date system specs os x windows ultimate cpu x mobo msi k mm-v gpu sapphire x pro agp ram gb kingston value ram EDIT attempted to install atitool b and was foiled by windows which refuses to install unsigned drivers damnit i just want my videocard to be more silent EDIT disabled driver signing as per these instructions and still ended up with a kernel mode driver does not seem to be running error http www killertechtips com gning-in-windows- -using-group-policy-editor EDIT installed gputool and it seems like no setting is having any effect on fan speed EDIT installed ati tray tools and got a cannot initialize atipdlxx library error EDIT installed radeon pro says this gpu is not supported i m almost certain atitool was what i used to quiet this card with xp does anyone know how this can be done with windows nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/catalyst-10-2-for-x64-win7-leaves-empty-folders-and-little-else.1097154/
Relevancy 40.85%

Even without cookies, a browser leaves a trail of crumbs.

Those with no technical knowledge generally believe that they are anonymous when simply browsing the Web. Those who know more might recognize that IP addresses can be used to do some rough targeting, while browser cookies can be used to track someone across sessions and across IP addresses. But what if your browser itself—even with cookies off and IP addresses out of the picture—was leaving a digital fingerprint at every site you visit?

Find out how unique your browser fingerprint is by visiting Panopticlick and clicking on the Test Me button to help EFF collect anonymous data from your browser and give you feedback.

The more anonymous the less unique, the less anonymous the more unique.

-- Tom

A:Even without cookies, a browser leaves a trail of crumbs

Already posted

http://forums.techguy.org/tech-related-news/898208-browser-fingerprinting.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/even-without-cookies-a-browser-leaves-a-trail-of-crumbs.898581/
Relevancy 40.85%

I decided to install the Feature Update to Windows 10 known as version 1607 two days ago. Needless to say it has failed to install on two occasions so far. Fortunately the previous version 1511 of Windows 10 has been recovered automatically when I forced the machine to shut down after the installation seemed to be doing nothing after 23% and 75% of the process had been completed. However although the laptop is still functional and search engines I use will go to certain websites quite normally, I seem to have been left with a residual problem as for others which I use regularly it advises me that 'the security certificate presented by this website is not secure...............etc' OR 'There's a problem with this website's security certificate etc....................' Any ideas as to how I might resolve this problem? I have decided to put any further attempts at installing the Feature Update on hold for the time being.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440988-feature-update-fails-leaves-me-problem.html
Relevancy 40.85%

i visit norton symantec security check today, everything is stealth except for port 1026 ?!? I have mcafee firwall installed and i cant find this anywhere in options to close it. I have my it set on very tight security and have almost every apliction blocked or set to outbound access only. Any suggestions or advise on what security can get in and out of this port? It is my event log that is tried to access many time
thanks

A:Mcafee leaves Port 1060 open

sorry abou =t the mix up , the title says 1060 and the message says 1026. 1026 is the correct port number

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mcafee-leaves-port-1060-open.209036/
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello Been a while since I needed to come here for questions and help Anyway just trying to figure out MS Idea to remove refresh restore reset options blunder in update at amp and or around quot right after warranty end for laptop Link from research on issue quot File windows system winload efi quot Is either missing or corrupted Windows Update Leaves OEM Owners With Broken Restore Function GadgeTell Was wanting to refresh my PC do not have install media nor created back USB ISO my Bad and came recovery to via Leaves w/out Update Mach MS OEM 8.1 store/ across this issue By running windows repair located no restore points nor size to system restore amp recovery turned Off in system protection left system protection to default GB cache for sys restore Is there a way to restore this function as also stated here that the partition change in disk management Partitioning Scheme Changes when you install Windows I would just like the option to reset refresh and or restore if needed in the future and suggestions Update to 8.1 via MS store/ Leaves OEM Mach w/out recovery on this would be much appreciated Regards Six

A:Update to 8.1 via MS store/ Leaves OEM Mach w/out recovery

Microsoft didn't remove the options "refresh/restore/reset"...........they just don't work without some missing files. Let's just hope the issue gets fixed with the April release of 8.1 Update 1.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/42351-update-8-1-via-ms-store-leaves-oem-mach-w-out-recovery.html