Windows Support Forum

Going crazy. HP Pavilion a6345f PC with no audio

Q: Going crazy. HP Pavilion a6345f PC with no audio

Hey guys so its been like a week now of me trying to get audio on my computer, Iv download, uninstall my audio drivers to my computer nothing has worked.
I had 1 Logitech headset that would only work for my computer, Any new headsets or speakers I bought wouldn't work.
When I go to my control panel> hardware and sound> device manager it says I have,Real teck higher definition installed.
The Small volume icon in the bottom right corner has an x in it, And when I open volume mixer,
It says no audio devices installed.
I already checked Bios.
Please someone help me before I go mad!
Appreciate it.
As well when I go into Dxdiag, It says error problem getting extra sound info

This is my dxdiag Shot

Also in my Msinfo32, When I clicked problem devices, Nothing showed up

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Going crazy. HP Pavilion a6345f PC with no audio

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Going crazy. HP Pavilion a6345f PC with no audio

Have you tried uninstalling all audio drivers and rebooting, then let windows install it's generic audio driver and see if there's sound? Sometimes another program or driver will corrupt the audio driver and requires un-installing the hardware (in Device Manager) and re-booting, then see if Windows finds a driver for it. I looked on Asus website for the latest audio drivers, but for the 4 versions of this motherboard, none have driver support for Vista or newer, only up to XP. Why are you using Vista, anyway? That's arguably the worst OS in existence, mostly because of driver problems. Still, Vista should have generic drivers for on board audio in it's driver database or you could try using the XP drivers from Asus http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_478/P4PEXSE/#download . If that doesn't work you may have a fried sound card. I've seen this problem a few times on older systems, either all drivers and everything looks good but still no sound, or drivers won't install because this hardware has a problem. In these cases I was forced to assume the output side was fried (after hours of troubleshooting and trying 3rd party drivers) and just install a cheap ($20) audio card (which probably sounds better than the on board audio anyway). I see you have PCI and PCIe slots so any card will fit. Here's a decent card for cheap; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829132020
Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/going-crazy-hp-pavilion-a6345f-pc-with-no-audio.185117/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a 1 year old HP Pavilion laptop and it seems to act as though the F1 button is being pressed repeatedly. I don't think it is the actual key, however, because it does very randomly but when it does do it I can't stop it. If I am typing a paper (Student) or surfing the web, or using any application, the help menu for that program "pops" up and I can't continue my work. I would be willing to simply disable that key if possible, or if anyone has any possible solutions that would be great.

I had the system completely removed and restored by a professional, and the problem still occurred directly after, so I don't think it is a virus..PLEASE HELP??!?!?!?!

A:HP Pavilion ze4500 F1 key going crazy!!!!

I would suspect an issue with the keyboard circuitry itself, as you seem to have correctly eliminated software. Really points to hardware, so "disbling" a key in software may not work.

Perhaps it would be worth removing and refitting the keyboard. Micro surgery is involved...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-ze4500-f1-key-going-crazy.347093/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi All thanks in advance HP Crazy to on after 7 Touchpad Pavilion Upgrade dv5140us for your help I just performed a clean install of Windows on my wife's HP Pavilion dv us For the Crazy Touchpad after Upgrade to 7 on HP Pavilion dv5140us record I'd previously Crazy Touchpad after Upgrade to 7 on HP Pavilion dv5140us done this operation on an Acer Extensa with none of the issues mentioned below My Synaptics touchpad is causing me problems The issues are twofold I know there are countless threads on similar issues but I've been unable to find one which discusses my precise problem so forgive me If I don't install proper touchpad drivers ie I allow Windows to operate the touchpad using standard HID-compliant mouse drivers the touchpad actually works perfectly Movement is smooth scrolling works buttons function properly etc If I install proper drivers for the touchpad it's unusable The pointer wildly skips leaps and jumps all over the place no matter how I adjust the settings for sensitivity speed palm-protection etc It's a crazy mess So WHY you ask don't I just stick with the MS mouse drivers Answer I need to be able to disable the touchpad's quot tapping quot features My wife can't stand tapping-enabled touchpads Somehow the MS mouse driver provides for tapping functionality but no obvious way to disable it The solution I'm looking for then is either - A way to make a Synaptics driver work thus giving me the ability to disable the tapping feature - OR a way to disable the tapping feature while using the standard mouse driver which already does work Any ideas WHAT I'VE TRIED I've attempted to use every current and semi-current touchpad driver I could find This includes the current Synaptics driver provided by HP for the Pavilion dv us available for Vista only I've installed it both in compatibility mode and standard mode the current Synaptics driver provided by HP for all laptops available for Windows the current Windows Synaptics driver provided directly by Synaptics Thanks so much gurus

A:Crazy Touchpad after Upgrade to 7 on HP Pavilion dv5140us

Anything, wise friends? Thanks again for you input.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/87014-crazy-touchpad-after-upgrade-7-hp-pavilion-dv5140us.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys, Please advise.
I Recently downloaded software that allows me to place images and music on to disk its like an Album, the problem i have is that when i convert the images and music using this software it turns it in to a folder containing vob files..now i have used vob files b4 and usually that is fine, when i play these files on the computer they sound and look great,(played in both WMP & VLC) but when burning them on disk the images are fine but the audio is very broken i have tried burning with both DVD Santa and Nero. Any ideas?? Please.

A:Please help Audio Driving me crazy

Use Nero Vision

Hello! Ithink its better to use NERO VISION to make your photo slides and burn it just the same from there. why dont you try it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-audio-driving-me-crazy.103222/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I've got a really bizarre audio problem on my Vista PC I purchased a CD recently and ripped it into iTunes When I came to listen to it on my iPod I found that the audio was distorted and garbled I played the tracks on the PC and it was the same so I assumed that something must Audio Please problem! Crazy help! have gone wrong during ripping - so I deleted the files ripped it again - same Crazy Audio problem! Please help! problem So I thought there must be something Crazy Audio problem! Please help! wrong with the CD but it plays fine on my stereo system and other PCs So I ripped the CD again on another PC that plays Crazy Audio problem! Please help! it fine tested that the file shad been ripped OK and then copied the iTunes files across to my PC - same problem again What can possibly be causing this All other CDs play perfectly on my PC I have made sure that all my drivers are up to date and I get the same problem when playing the files in Media Player so it is not an iTunes problem

A:Crazy Audio problem! Please help!

Go into Device Manager and un-install the audio drivers. Re-boot. Vista will re-install the drivers upon boot-up.

START | devmgmt.msc

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/crazy-audio-problem-please-help-391420.html
Relevancy 49.02%

On my laptop when I click on the speaker icon in the lower right hand corner, the volume will not stay where I put it... I slide it up and it automatically goes back to zero.... I tried changing it in the control panel and still have the same problem... My driver says it is working fine .... Did a system restore and that did not fix the problem either.... What can be going on here.... I downloaded the driver again and still no fix....HELP!!!!!

A:Audio volume is going crazy

Wow. That is a pretty crazy problem (hadn't heard of that one before!)

But if you'd like assistance you really need provide much more detail (e.g. your laptop mfr/model, Windows OS version and SP level, specs on your sound card and driver, etc)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-volume-is-going-crazy.125843/
Relevancy 48.59%

Dear Helping People color i color FF I am suffering from sound problems months trouble months experimentation Drives Audio My Me Driver Crazy! No good result After My Audio Driver Drives Me Crazy! starting my My Audio Driver Drives Me Crazy! computer I receive the message No audio device I check Control panel Sound and Audio Devices I see The device is working properly No tone no sound no voice no phone tone After this I My Audio Driver Drives Me Crazy! installed audio driver Creative Audigy Audio Processor WDM or SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio Reboot and the crazy cycle starts again No audio device I am suspected Creative Sound Blaster Audigy driver I installed again No update for this all is in vain After I changed Sound Card I started Alsus motherboard s Sound Card SoundMAX After new start or reboot the outcome was the same No audio device I used the following softwares spyware removers and others Ad-aware Bug Doctor Driver Detective Error Killer RegCure Registry Booster Registry Mechenic Registry Fix Registry Smart Spybot - Search amp Destroy SystemCleaner XoftSpy Windows Registry Repair Pro XoftSpy Windows Defender Bit Defender etc No ones could help Maybe somebody has an idee to help me Please Help We are using our PC to phone people but my wife can not install audio driver It stands steps She is not a computer fan but she likes to talk away a lots by phone That is why she wants to smash all over the place our PC by an axe Please help do not let her to do it Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help Help With RegardsPeter b edward I am plunging in the swamp Please he he-he-he lplplplp

A:My Audio Driver Drives Me Crazy!

What you should do is uninstall all audio drivers you've installed, then goto Device Manager, find the sound device there, then delete it from there. After that, reboot.Don't install any drivers when you reboot if you have no sound on the Windows logon.If you do have Windows logon sound, then install your drivers for the sound card, and if that doesn't work, you may need to take out the sound card, then reseat it again. It may not be properly seated in the slot.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/79603/my-audio-driver-drives-me-crazy/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello everyone I'm experiencing an annoying problem with the Realtek HD Audo Manager and I'm sure it's being caused by the screenreader Jaws I already got in touch with my Jaws dealer but am anxious to hear your feedback as well because Freedom Scientific hasn't updated this issue over the past five months I should first mention that I'm not allowed to start Jaws without speech even though I use a braille display withou speech I have to turn the speech off manually If I don't the program crashes completely and just won't start at all Two weeks ago we used my computer to play a DVD on our TV via a HDMI connection We turned off Jaws and everything went fine Last week I was in a hurry and was stupid enough not to turn Jaws off and I've regretted that ever since Anyway the HDMI connection partially worked we got the image on the TV but not the sound In the end we had to tell my computer not to use the built-in driver Realtek going HD crazy Audio speakers in the control panel before the TV Realtek HD Audio driver going crazy would produce sound unlike the week before that That sound was still normal After unplugging the HDMI cable the sound coming from my computer both when using speakers or headphones sounded as if it were still coming through our TV high frequencies unnaturally sharp and low frequencies unnecessarily emphasised I went through all my sound settings five times but everything seemed in order In the end I lost patience and re-installed Realtek completely and now I'm struggling to understand the consequence Music and Internet audio sound fine but system sounds Skype e-mail otifications Jaws speaking etc sound way too loud as if the volume was suddenly turned up Also some sounds i e when you test the speakers or press the 'equals' button on the desktop are produced with an echo first the normal volume then immediately afterwards an abnormally loud echo I said earlier it was Jaws that was causing the problem There are several reasons for this Sometimes Jaws freezes when you try and modify the volume in the system tray Realtek works just fine when Jaws is removed not when it's not running but the moment you even open the Setup file things immediately go wrong sound-wise There is no weird echo whenever Jaws is in sleep mode or whenever music is playing So now I'm wondering is there anything I can do to make Realtek understand it should totally and completely ignore Jaws This issue has never happened in the past but they don't seem to have any plans to this Jaws bug The short-term solution would be to remove Realtek and work with Microsoft's driver but then I have to switch between headphones and speakers The problems I listed earlier do not take place whenever I connect my external surround system Anyone any ideas

A:Realtek HD Audio driver going crazy

yes, I agree, I too am facing the same issue and annoyed a lot!

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/65729-realtek-hd-audio-driver-going-crazy.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This is REALLY annoying the living S out of me I Just did a fresh reinstall of the Realtek hd audio drivers but this quot Realtek HD Audio Manager quot is popping up like Acts Audio CRAZY Manager Realtek up HD at random times with supposedly an error or notification yet it CLOSES HALF A SECOND after it appears Along with it it brings up the control panel interface and its like Realtek HD Audio Manager Acts up like CRAZY this quot pop up amp go away quot bug is made entirely to annoy me I can t find that godforsaken Audio Manager panel in Realtek HD Audio Manager Acts up like CRAZY my Programs list so i cant find where to uninstall it Its like a real CURSE What I need to know How to permanently remove this quot realtek hd audio manager quot via CMD prompt or what its called You know what I m talking about I think Realtek HD Audio Manager Acts up like CRAZY its something like MANAGER remove for ever y n Would really appreaciate some help The manager has popped up countless times durring the writing of this thread and it really steps on my nerves Thanks -Chris nbsp

A:Realtek HD Audio Manager Acts up like CRAZY

Are you sure the drivers are installed correctly? Perhaps you can try uninstalling them from Programs and Features in Control Panel and try re-installing them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/realtek-hd-audio-manager-acts-up-like-crazy.1018508/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello help! crazy! audio Self making me running mysterious file - this is my first time posting so I hope I can provide as many details as possible Last week I started receiving quot alerts quot from quot av quot claiming to be an antivirus software and it wanted my credit card info saying my PC had been infected This obviously was spyware or some adware thing I upgraded my webroot antivirus and spyware since Self running mysterious audio file making me crazy! help! it had expired Nov and it found a bunch of trojan horses and other viruses that I have no idea how they got onto my hard drive Since then there s been this mysterious audio file running saying quot congratulations you have been selected to win Self running mysterious audio file making me crazy! help! a free laptop computer quot While this is funny it s driving me crazy Both yesterday and today my Self running mysterious audio file making me crazy! help! AV software webroot has found one bad virus each day I have deleted them of course but the audio file is still running The irony is I don t know when it s going to run or why - I haven t found a pattern or noticed that it s when I do something in particular Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this Also - why did I get a virus two days in a row if - My firewall is ON and - I have antivirus and spyware software Any insight you have would be great Here s my log file from Hijack This Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System regsvr exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Users Owner AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mstart exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEUser exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mcomm exe C Program Files Citrix GoToMeeting g mlauncher exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C PROGRA Yahoo MESSEN YAHOOM EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office POWERPNT EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/self-running-mysterious-audio-file-making-me-crazy-help.768179/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I really hope I can get some help A few weeks ago I had the Malware Defense popping up and the windows update virus This virus created an administrator account prevents me from running Combofix or MBAM Here is a copy of the HJ log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet emails Help now and or files Malware upload attach Defense, Please cannot crazy audio Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Please Help Malware Defense, crazy audio and now cannot attach emails or upload files system rundll exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system lxdvcoms exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Eula exe c WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v Windows Communication Foundation infocard exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http toolbar inbox com search ie aspx tbid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http toolbar inbox com help sa customize aspx tbid O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar Lexmark Toolbar - A C- F - -A D-EDD AC F - C Program Files Lexmark Toolbar toolband dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - Toolbar MSN Toolbar - dcb -df - - - fa b f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll O - HKLM Run Media Codec Update Service C Program Files Essentials Codec Pack update exe -silent O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck syste... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-malware-defense-crazy-audio-and-now-cannot-attach-emails-or-upload-files.896930/
Relevancy 46.44%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi I'm having many of the same problems with my HP Pavilion dv months old I installed WinZip and it did make it run better but over a month with no sound Also Word Starter isn't working audio HP dv7 no Pavilion and have never been able to use printer tho device manager says the driver is there HP support sent no audio HP Pavilion dv7 a long list of things to work through which I did and had done of them from WinZip techie to no avail I looked at my extended warranty no audio HP Pavilion dv7 looks like I'd have to send it off for repairs Would it be better if I restored it to the point where it was new I did as Japanda and restored it to a previous time when it was working so would restore to original might not work either the device manager says everything is there and working If I restore to original would all the updates since then have to reinstall I haven't checked the ports except the remote mouse works Word Starter doesn't haven't been able to connect the wired printer tho it says the driver is there for it I mistakenly posted this at Japanda's question sorry

A:no audio HP Pavilion dv7

Hi, and welcome to TSF.

Using a system restore is the easy way to solve problems. If you have a Recovery CD, or a Recovery Partition on your computer. You sould be able to set it back to factory settings.

Be sure to first backup all your Data, like photo?s, Document?s, Etc.

You could also send it off for repair, If it still falls in the warrenty, you sould have no problems. Though its always best to ask if there are any payments binded to it.

Good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-audio-hp-pavilion-dv7-671430.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I cannot find an audio input on my computer. I'm trying to connect a USB audio interface and send the audio signal to my computer, using the computer's speakers as I usually do. Is this possible?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Does-my-Pavilion-23-have-an-audio-input/td-p/5619531
Relevancy 46.01%

This is driving me nuts! Bought this Pavilion p6-2317c desktop a couple months ago.
It has Win 8 x64, 8gb ram, and integrated IDT audio. It worked great out of box for a while, then I started noticing a slight break or stutter in music, whether online or on my hard drive. I tried installing fresh drivers,etc and paid attention to programs and games I had installed, but was stumped. SO I reinstalled Win 8 back fresh and everything was fixed! Now, 3 weeks later, same stutter issue!!!! I looked around here on other folks' issues and downloaded and ran the crash diagnostic tool, the results of which are attached. ANY help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

A:HP Pavilion Audio Stutter Help!

Believe it or not, I also got that problem on dv6 envy.

What I noticed here, is that it only happens with WMP, very rare on Music APP and it doesn't happen on MPC-Homecinema (Media Player Classic)... so I use the latest two until WMP gets a fix or something.

I also messed with drivers, programs and updated all but for nothing. It's puzzling.
But since not all music players are affected, it doesn't worry me anymore. Maybe we'll find something, a fix to that, I really hope so.

Cheers
Hopachi

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/22880-hp-pavilion-audio-stutter-help.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello I seem to be having quite the issue with this laptop apparently many others have this issue as well I'm trying to get it working for a friend nbsp name nbsp HP Pavilion dv Notebook PCnumber nbsp QA UA ABAOS nbsp Windows Home Premium -bit Service Pack nbsp First thing I noticed was that there were zero Windows Updates installed and zero Restore points created Nothing needed to be backed up file-wise went to install Windows and realized that it isn't free anymore so scratch that idea nbsp No audio - Audio Pavilion dv7 Notebook No has been able to play through the speakers through Windows Pavilion dv7 Notebook - No Audio though when I launched the HP BIOS Hardware Pavilion dv7 Notebook - No Audio Diagnostic Tool I was able to hardware test the speakers and they played audio passed multiple tests nbsp I've troubleshot every possibility I could think of that could cause something like this nbsp Installed new audio drivers update restarted no sound nbsp Installed some Windows Updates No sound nbsp Installed chipset utility MEI driver graphics driver and display audio drivers Restarted no sound still nbsp Installed HP BIOS updates and HP BIOS EUFI updates restarted still no sound nbsp Installed more Windows Updates No sound nbsp Rolled back audio drivers restarted no sound nbsp Installed older recommended audio drivers restarted no audio still nbsp Installed HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool was able to get audio to play through speakers during a hardware test in BIOS nbsp --------------------- nbsp That lead me to believe the failure is possibly being caused by software nbsp Uninstalled audio drivers restarted Device Manager Wizard then installed drivers upon logging in Restarted again no sound nbsp Installed most recent audio drivers restarted no sound nbsp Cleaned registry using CCleaner nbsp Installed more Windows Updates restarted no sound nbsp Performed a hard reset still no sound is coming through the speakers when I turn the laptop on nbsp -------------------- nbsp I give up on troubleshooting for now but I would like to figure out why the audio isn't playing through the speakers nbsp If anyone has any suggestions or can offer me any help I would greatly appreciate it nbsp Thank you nbsp nbsp - cT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Pavilion-dv7-Notebook-No-Audio/td-p/5750949
Relevancy 46.01%

Does anyone know where I can find a Windows XP driver for the built-in audio hardware in an HP Pavilion PX191AV desktop with the ASUS Amberine 1.03 motherboard? So far I haven't even been able to find out whose chip is being used so I assume it is something that ASUS provides on the mobo. I downloaded a driver (sp26486) from HP's web site but it will not install. I have located an ASUS hardware audio codec on the mobo but they do not list a driver for that so I do not know how to handle it.

Relevancy 45.58%

I have an hp pavilion slimline s5710 and i connect it to my tv through an hdmi cable and the screen comes up perfectly but there is no audio. It says it is connected to realtek high definition speakers but there is no option for hdmi.

A:pavilion slimline hdmi audio

I cannot see how you are connecting it using an HDMI cable. The rear I/O ports do not include an HDMI video out port.I will post an image of the I/O ports here in a moment.  You would have to have a discrete video card installed that has an HDMI connector at the rear of the PC to use HDMI. HDMI audio comes through the same cable that its video does.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/pavilion-slimline-hdmi-audio/td-p/5716895
Relevancy 45.58%

i am using hp pavilion g4-1201tx, window 7 ultimate 64 bit.my speakers produces less sound when i play videos, this issue is since 2 months and day by day sound of my speakers are reducing.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:low audio on my laptop hp pavilion g4-1201tx

Hi, Try uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drivers.. To uninstall go to  Control Panel => Programs and Features =>Find the IDT Audio and uninstall it (If the uninstall wizard shows a check box then tick it).. Restart the computer and download this audio driver for your notebook from the link below and check.. DT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver  If problem continues then you can try the steps from this link: HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Audio Problems with External Speakers, Headphones, and HDMI Sound Devices 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/low-audio-on-my-laptop-hp-pavilion-g4-1201tx/td-p/2564941
Relevancy 45.58%

It currently uses Conexant HD audio codecs... but here lately, whenever I record something with Fraps or Hypercam, the audio is bad... it sound garbled, to say the least. A friend I know all the way in Scotland uses Realtek HD codecs, and his Fraps records fine... incredible even.

Should I delete my Conexant audio codecs, and install Realtek codecs? I heard Realtek is better anyhoo, so i'll be upgrading my sound, right? Or do you guys believe that I should just leave it alone.

Thanks for helping me numerous times in the past

Any advice would be appreciated Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Stats

Windows Vista Home Prermium 32-bit
Service Pack 1
1 gig memory/ram
1.86 GHz
ect.

A:HP Pavilion DV6500 Audio Codec...

Bump~

By the way, I wanted to include that when I went to the HP website, and put in my computer model, it came up with the preferred drivers that I should install for my computer, and that Reaktek high-def codecs were among the list, as well as that conexant. Didn't know if that's info that should also be mentioned.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv6500-audio-codec.709979/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, I'm looking for some help so I can stop going around in circles. My notebook has no sound. I have win xp and in the sounds and audio devices tab I get "No Audio Device". I ran msinfo32 and I can not find the sound hardware through any of the lists ie IRQ ect. Does any one have any suggestions? Is the integrated sound in the motherboard bad? I also have to mention that I did a complete reinstall so the drivers should be ok. Thanks.

A:No Audio Device - HP Pavilion Notebook

have you downloaded the audio drivers from the HP website and installed???

you dont give a model so cant see what HP has to offer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-hp-pavilion-notebook.452022/
Relevancy 45.58%

I worked for days to get my audio back Finally I can play music and watch Pavilion on issues audio Pro XP dv9000 a Youtube video audio Now the problem is my quicklaunch buttons on my keyboard do not respond to what is playing The mute button checks the mute box on the startup icon but does not mute sound Same with the volume slider on the keyboard it slides on the icon but does not raise lower the volume Also plugging in a set of headphones does not silence the external laptop speakers they keep playing My XP Pro on Pavilion dv9000 audio issues internal microphone will not function for skype or pass any of the Windows XP tests Can anyone help me sort this out please The audio is conexant My machine is a Windows XP sp but I now have it tweaked to think it is sp so I could load drivers OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor AMD Turion tm X Mobile Technology TL- x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce M nForce M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta D None Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

How do I get my audio device to work

A:No audio device on HP Pavilion a1410y

what does your audio device do/not do? any error mesages?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-on-hp-pavilion-a1410y.862166/
Relevancy 45.58%
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi, A friend of mine has an hp HP Pavilion 15-au081nb but has some troubles with the audio coming out of the speakers.The sound is normal at first but after a few seconds the sound lowers and dispears. this problem does not occur when using a headset. i have no clue what the problem should be.As far as i know this issue has always been there. i have already reinstalled the driver with the latest version i could find on the hp support page for this device and installed all the windows updates.  I hope a solution can be found. Greeting Michal

A:HP Pavilion 15-au081nb audio issue

Hi i think this is a hardware problem take it to an expert to check the spacker or if it have still warranty you can replace it.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-15-au081nb-audio-issue/td-p/5849703
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello all. I am having a very frustrating problem with the audio my HP Pavilion dv5139. Any and all audio skips about every 2 - 3 seconds and YouTube videos skip and freeze, then resume, also about every 2 - 3 seconds. I have downloaded and run the most recent version of AVG, SpyBot - Search and Destroy, and ZoneAlarm, both anti-virus and spyware checkers, all at LEAST 2 seperate times. Also I have updated the drivers, the audio drivers, ran dskchk.exe (twice), and defragmented my harddrive (twice). Also I purchased some brand new RAM for my computer, 2 1GB sticks.

What else, if ANYTHING, could I possibly do to my computer to alleviate this problem? PLEASE help, ANY advice and help is greatly appreciated.

You may respond directly to my e-mail, or comment here

THANK YOU!

A:HP Pavilion dv5139 audio problem

Hi kurtyworld and welcome to TSF !

I've removed your email from your previous post since bots will have no problem reading through your "code" to spam your address.

First of all, never install more than one antivirus, firewall or resident anti-spyware on a computer or they may conflict with the others and cause such problems. If you only installed the firewall part of ZoneAlarm and the antivirus part of AVG it should be ok, else you'll have to tweak these programs so that only one firewall, one antivirus and one anti-spyware remains. I would suggest that you uninstall spybot and ZoneAlarm for now and use XP's integrated firewall.

My first guess would be that some program running in the background uses some of your CPU ressources. Press ctrl+alt+del to access the task manager and go to the processes tab. Expand the windows and post a screenshot of the processes listed there. To take a screenshot press the printscreen (or prt scr) key on the keyboard once, go to start => all programs => accessories => paint, click edit => paste, save the image as .jpg then attach it to your next post using the manage attachments button from the advanced mode. If you have lots of processes running you may have to scroll down and take a second screenshot so that we can see them all.

Watch those processes when you're playing some media file. See if there's one particular process which uses some CPU ressources when an audio file skips.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall all the video and audio codecs you have there. Restart the computer and then download and install the K-lite codec pack (use the standard version). This codec pack is made so that none of the codecs it contains will conflict with each other. See if it helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-dv5139-audio-problem-208397.html
Relevancy 45.58%

i reformatted my computer (xp pro)and now i cant get the audio to work to save my life. ive downloaded drivers from the hp website and tried to update drivers. and i just don't know whats wrong. i had to reformat back from sp3 to sp2 if that matters

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pavilion-dv1000-audio-problems.755616/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have no sound on my pc. In the control panel under sound it tells me there is no audio device. The onboard audio in my bios is turned on, I have installed the reltek audio drivers and still nothing.

Can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-audio-device-on-hp-pavilion-a1410y.862109/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey all Had my zd on OS XP until oct now that i've upgraded i've lost Please Audio Help! Driver zd8000 HP Pavilion my audio driver windows update has tried to install it but it wont I've extracted the contents manually installed them myself rebooted and it just wont work This is not a hardware issue D Info on Please Help! HP Pavilion zd8000 Audio Driver my driver PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C amp REV PCI VEN B amp DEV amp SUBSYS C PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN B amp DEV amp CC Now I was reading on this and many many people have having the same issue Given this driver info a person on these forums quot baarod quot came up with this quot This is the most ridiculous example of OEM re-branding ever Seems that HP who claims to be the manufacturer of this machine bought the chipset from ALi AKA Acer Labs Inc and to prevent any Acer a competitor in the laptop market branding had Conexant license the part so they could then buy it from them Note the PCI Database listing compared to your vendor and device codes PCI Vendor and Device Lists So HERE is the real driver a bit of rebranded ALi code with a Conexant inf http dl getdropbox com u X pt- cab quot now he seemed to figure it all out but that link is dead I've tried getting a hold of him to no avail I'm dieing without sound if you have any knowledge you could shed on me I would greatly appreciate it

A:Please Help! HP Pavilion zd8000 Audio Driver

bump bump

I'm having he same problem, zd8000 to Windows 7 = no audio

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/31224-please-help-hp-pavilion-zd8000-audio-driver.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have recently updated a pavilion 8674D with Win 2k, Everything is recognized except for the Multimedia Audio Controller, PCI Input Device, & PCI Simple Communications Controller. I am having trouble finding the drivers for these components. I do not know the make and model of the particular components, so if someone has an idea is to how I can find them or knows the model. It is one of the old Delta People PC Program Computers that orginally had 98se PIII. Help Please

A:HP Pavilion 8674D Audio Drivers

According to HP, this is the card the system has..........

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...t=61058&lang=en&cc=us&docname=bph05749#N10429

There is a possible Win2k driver here you might want to try...................

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/60/60116.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-8674d-audio-drivers.363937/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have been looking for the audio driver for my HP Pavilion DV6812NR Notebook. I have tried the driver for my notebook that are on the website for Vista 64bit, but they have failed to work.

I have Windows 7 64bit, and was wondering if anyone knows of a driver that will work on this notebook. The default windows driver works but I do screen recordings with Camtasia and it wont allow me to select that driver under the audio preferences.

A:Audio Driver: HP Pavilion DV6812NR

Quote: Originally Posted by GamingFusion

I have tried the driver for my notebook that are on the website for Vista 64bit, but they have failed to work.

Did you try them in compatibility mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/71481-audio-driver-hp-pavilion-dv6812nr.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello, I'm looking for some help so I can stop going around in circles. My notebook has no sound. I have win xp and in the sounds and audio devices tab I get "No Audio Device". I ran msinfo32 and I can not find the sound hardware through any of the lists ie IRQ ect. Does any one have any suggestions? Is the integrated sound in the motherboard bad? I also have to mention that I did a complete reinstall so the drivers should be ok. Thanks.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys, it's getting a little hard to find some of the drivers for this pavilion 6721la laptop...do someone of you guys have the complete audio driver for this model, for windows xp to share with me? or, does someone know about a url where i can find it?

thanks in advance.

A:HP Pavilion 6721la Audio driver fox XP

have you looked at hp's support site? looked at the drivers they offer for this model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-6721la-audio-driver-fox-xp.108100/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi guys I can't have sound in my headphone in the notebook anymore I don't know what to do more I spent the last whole two days reading about it and doing testings I've seen also that there are at least threats about it here in the forum I read them all but until now I couldn't get this fixed I think generally is the same problem with some slightly different details I'm using windows ultimate x and the basic information about my notebook is HP Pavilion dv em Here is the Headphone/HD No sound in audio/HP pavilion HP website page with the drivers Software amp Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv em Notebook PC - HP Customer Care United States - English So to start its not a problem in the headphone and I think neither with the hardware No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion device since I have been using it normally a week ago And all the times I had to format the computer I never had this issue Now I have formated my notebook as usually and used the same drivers as usually And there is this problem I have even reformated the laptop again times just to be sure there was something wrong with the drivers The situation just after formating is - Playback device with Speakers Headphone as default and Realtek Digital output - The computer is mute When put the Speakers as default then the speakers work But in both case theres no sign when plugin or unplugin the headphone in neither of the inputs my laptop has holes left is mic center and right is headphone Then I have installed what I think is the most recent driver for Realtek R Available in the fabricant website No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion Realtek And here page in No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion french Drivers Realtek Pilote High Definition Audio R WHQL When I install the driver is even worse Because then the Headphone disapear from the playback device list And the speakers don't work anymore So from now I have uninstalled the Realtek drivers and seems that windows install as generic HD audio driver what leads to the first situation in the playback devices list speakers headphone and digital output I would think then that my hard has a problem but since nothing happened and the problem appeared after formating I think shouldnt be it Please guys I would really appreciate if you could help me with it Best regards Miro Soares

A:No sound in Headphone/HD audio/HP pavilion

I have a similar issue with only USB headphones in my lappy! I have to go into control panel--> Sound and set the USB headphones as default each time I try to use them.

Are your headphones USB??? You didnt mention name or model of headphones...

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/127027-no-sound-headphone-hd-audio-hp-pavilion.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Salve,il driver audio presente a questo indirizzo: http://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5330578/model/5361... non quello corretto, infatti un driver Realtek per la tecnologia Ethernet. Avrei bisogno urgentemente del driver corretto.

A:Driver Audio IDT Pavilion G6-2336el

Hi: See if this one works...from the g6t-2000. This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp56803.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Driver-Audio-IDT-Pavillon-G6-2336el/td-p/5733512
Relevancy 45.58%

Salve,il driver audio presente a questo indirizzo: http://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-series/5330578/model/5361... non quello corretto, infatti un driver Realtek per la tecnologia Ethernet. Avrei bisogno urgentemente del driver corretto.

A:Driver Audio IDT Pavilion G6-2336el

Hi: See if this one works...from the g6t-2000. This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp56803.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Driver-Audio-IDT-Pavilion-G6-2336el/td-p/5733512
Relevancy 45.58%

Help! yesterday after installing a voice changer i restarted my pc and my audio is not working with a big x over it and when i hover my mouse over it gives me the info"no audio output device is installed". i have tried so many things like re installing the drivers, updating the driver and system resetting back before i even installed the program.upon analysation of the driver it says "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" i have no ideawhat this means or how to fix the issue, image here  Any help would be deeply appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/hp-pavilion-g6-2365sa-audio-not-working/td-p/5613651
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

well an issue I cannot solve - no audio is working and have been through all trouble shooting and uninstalling/reinstalling the audio driver to no success.
I really need some help to fix this, I only did a complete system restore 2 days ago, I have suspicion that windows updates caused the issue but cannot find the problem file/driver or whatever is causing this.

Model of this HP computer is HPE-575a

I have been to HP website and downloaded the driver for 64-bit windows. Doesn't solve the issue.

I know the hardware is fine and works its just a driver issue.

A:Win7 64-Bit -No Audio on HP Pavilion Elite HPE

audio is now working. took several attempts installing/reinstalling the driver.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492475/win7-64-bit-no-audio-on-hp-pavilion-elite-hpe/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello people, I have a HP Pavilion 15-p201na, currently I have attempted 3 diferent headsets for this laptop but NONE of them goes even into the audio socket of this computer.

One of the attempted Headphones were these - Amazon.com: SoundLogic Dynabass Headphones with Microphone - White: Electronics

Could someone help me why my headset doesn't go in and what I need to get/or find in a new pair of headphones. Thanks

EDIT: If I understood correctly from the Hp manual it has something to do with a 4 way connector (TRRS) so a 3.5MM TRRS IPHONE 4 5 6 MICROPHONE HEADPHONE STEREO SPLITTER CONVERTER ADAPTER | eBay Would fix this issue?

A:HP Pavilion Audio Socket issues

Welcome to the forum. Does it have two sockets one for mike one for headphone? Has the sets you have tried got two plugs there all normally standard

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126394-hp-pavilion-audio-socket-issues.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Here is the audio that I have on my computer: IDT 92HD65C Looking at the device manager, I see that the driver date is 11/7/2013.  Where can I find updated drivers for this?The driver version that I have right now is 6.10.6496.0Is there ever a good reason not to update the audio drivers?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Updating-audio-drivers-HP-Pavilion-500-336/td-p/5811817
Relevancy 44.72%

i have HP pavilion notebook 15-p-141ne but after windows 10 beats audio is not working i tried to install driver of win 8 but still getting error plz help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/beats-audio-not-working-on-win-10-pavilion-notebook-15-p/td-p/5821816
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,I am using  Pavilion g6 laptop. i am unable to connect 3.5mm jack headphones. what is the appropriate audio jack size for this model? Thanks in advance 

A:HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC Audio Jack Size

Hello @SathishTKS?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having an issue with the Audio Jack, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number: How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? 3.5mm is the standard size for notebooks, desktops and mobile devices.  Are you sure you are connecting your headphones to the right port?  Have you tried connecting other headphones?  Are the headphones getting stuck halfway?  Looking forward to your reply. Regards!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-g6-Notebook-PC-Audio-Jack-Size/td-p/5333672
Relevancy 44.72%

I am trying to find the audio driver but i am having a hard time. i searched windows update and the hp website couldn't find anything please help me. the speakers work but they sound very low and the quality is bad.

A:can't find Pavilion G7-2000ex audio driver !!!

Hi, Please try  IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver with Altec Lansing - Dolby Advanced Audio included:     http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56803.exe Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/can-t-find-Pavilion-G7-2000ex-audio-driver/td-p/5704007
Relevancy 44.72%

I just installed Win7 Ultimate 32 on this old notebook and I can’t find the audio and lan drivers anywhere. I know they work with XP automatically but HP doesn’t have them on their site. Maybe there is a way to pull them out of XP but I'm not that techy.

Please help.

Thanks in advance!

A:Need a good audio driver for HP Pavilion ZE4805US

If HP lists a XP driver you can try and install them using compatibility mode. Right click on the setup.exe file>properties>compatibility>select XP>check the box run in compatiblity mode. Run setup.exe as administrator. See if they will install. Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/67496-need-good-audio-driver-hp-pavilion-ze4805us.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,Ever since upgarding to windows 10, the IDT audio software have gone flat.All options are not functional and the sound output have been flat.The pre-loaded settings are now gone.I've tried searching for update from the system but it says it is up to date.I've disabled the audio driver and re-instated it.I've searched for the IDT software update but none found. My laptop model is:HP Pavilion dv7-2277cl Entertainment Notebook PCSerial Number: CNF9476XJT The IDT Audio Monitor v1.0Version 1.0.6276.0 Should I roll back to windows 7?Maybe there just isn't an update to this yet.Help! The sound is completely flat and the HP triple bass speaker at the bottom seems to be dead. Rgds,Vic

A:HP Pavilion dv7-2277cl after Windows 10 install IDT audio s...

@Victorpro:  The problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality in laptops is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in laptops -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your laptop.  HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.Some driver alternatives you can pursue are listed below ...You can try using Windows Updates to find drivers from the Microsoft repositories for your device: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139You can also try following the instructions in this thread: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04763435/If that doesn't yield anything, you should read through this other link:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/5048664/mo...If Windows Update doesn't yield new drivers, you can pursue alternative that are described in the linked Microsoft Windows Insider Community thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-upd...If you then run into trouble installing drivers through Windows Update, you can try using Microsoft's Windows Update Troubleshooter: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/open-the-windows-update-troubleshooterGood Luck========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol; if they helped solve your problem, please click "Accept As Solution".I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-dv7-2277cl-after-Windows-10-install-IDT-audio/td-p/5326201
Relevancy 44.72%

I had misplaced the Beats Audio Not Pavilion 1090-se) Working m6 (HP drivers CD which came with my laptop but I didn't realize until I had to do a fresh install of OS I went for it anyways hoping that I'd download the drivers Beats Audio Not Working (HP Pavilion m6 1090-se) off the internet and won't be a problem ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------The basic issue is HP has not provided drivers for Beats Audio IDT Audio Codec under the Windows section -The one provided under the Windows section is I've downloaded that one and installed it It works fine until I perform a system shutdown everytime I turn on my PC and actually reach the desktop the system stops producing any sounds afterwards I can hear the Windows Startup sound though The one which gets played before reaching the login screen but no sound after I actually log inTo solve this I always have to uninstall everything related to IDT Audio Codec and then sounds get back on but the beats subwoofer located under my laptop stops working The sound is pretty low without the subwoofer so I actually need to install the drivers I've downloaded like ten or so different drivers from the internet tried every single one but encounter the exact same problem every time nbsp I'm using Windows Ultimate bit The exact model of the laptop is HP Pavilion m -se Entertainment Notebook PC Please help me if possible Regards Hannan

A:Beats Audio Not Working (HP Pavilion m6 1090-se)

Hi: See if this driver works... TITLE: IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio DriverVERSION: 6.10.6392.0DESCRIPTION:This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audioin supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.PURPOSE: RoutineSOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp56953.exeSOFTPAQ MD5: 94e6b68c40c6fb955d5a3d62a015a2a5SUPERSEDES: NoneEFFECTIVE DATE: May 04, 2012CATEGORY: Driver-AudioSSM SUPPORTED: YesPRODUCT TYPE(S):NotebooksHARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):HP Pavilion m6 Notebook PCOPERATING SYSTEM(S):Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64 EditionMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64 EditionMicrosoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 EditionMicrosoft Windows 7 Professional 64 EditionMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Edition This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56953.exe You may have to reinstall W7 since you have tried so many drivers and the registry may have become corrupted. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-Not-Working-HP-Pavilion-m6-1090-se/td-p/5740042
Relevancy 44.72%

Beats Audio for Pavilion dv7-6135dx    please and  card reader driver.  Thanks..

A:Beats Audio Driver for Pavilion dv7-6135dx ?

Hi, If you haven't done so already, first install the Chipset driver on the following link. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55095.exe When this has completed, restart the notebook. Then download and install the following. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55094.exe http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55104.exe Regards, DP-K  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-Driver-for-Pavilion-dv7-6135dx/td-p/5787663
Relevancy 44.72%

I have never had so much trouble locating the driver for a machine....I am working on an HP Pavilion 542X.....It has an integrated audio section and I can't even tell what it is......HP website is no help.......anybody help me on this one? I need the audio drivers for an HP Pavilion 542X for Win XP Pro.

Thanks,

LettuceChat in Florida

A:Pavilion 542X, A Mystery!! Need Audio Driver...

is this any help
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&docname=c00026811&lang=en&cc=us

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pavilion-542x-a-mystery-need-audio-driver.231731/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi .

I have upgraded my HP Pavilion zv5000 from Win XP to Win 7. But now i have no sound and poor graphics (1.0 in Win Experience Index).

I cant find any update for my drivers.

P/N: PW892EA#ABY
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.20 GHz
RAM: 1GB

Any suggestions?

A:Solved: No audio on HP Pavilion zv5000 upgrade to win 7

Found a solution for the audio problem.

http://www.win-raid.com/t15f37-NVIDIA-Optimized-nForce-Driverpacks-for-Vista-Win.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-audio-on-hp-pavilion-zv5000-upgrade-to-win-7.1139210/
Relevancy 44.72%

I cannot get my audio driver to work. I have tried all of the drivers listed for my model and none of them have matched up. I have tried the vista drivers. I have tried several other solutions and have had no success. I have tried running the drivers in compatability mode with vista but no luck. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate this as it seems I have no solution for this problem.

A:Audio Driver for HP Pavilion dv6700 Laptop

hi VolsVegasKing, Welcome to the forums, HP lists 3 drivers for Audio Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6710ea Entertainment Notebook PC - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English) ,Without knowing the exact card you have it is difficult to recommend a driver, download and install this little utility program , It will help us identify your sound card correctly Speccy - Download then we will be able to assist you further

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/127139-audio-driver-hp-pavilion-dv6700-laptop.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently I was having some trouble with Vista on my pavilion dv6700 notebook and had a friend of mine fix the motherboard and put Windows 7 on it (as XP is not compatible with the hardware). Now the only problem is that the audio drivers aren't installed, and I'm having a lot of difficulty finding the correct ones, if they are even out there yet. I've found a lot of questions here and on other sites regarding audio drivers for the dv6700, but only for Vista. Can anyone help?

(Correction: this is a dv6700 series laptop but the correct product is the dv6810us)

A:Audio Driver for hp pavilion dv6700 AND Windows 7

From what microsoft say, XP or Vista drivers should work within 7. So just try to install the vista drivers and see what happens.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=3686683

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-driver-for-hp-pavilion-dv6700-and-windows-7.884066/
Relevancy 44.72%

I cant seem to get the audio to work in windows 7. I have tried the vista drivers(which seem to work most of the time) as well as the xp drivers using the compatibility mode.
I have also tried the universal Microsoft audio drivers. Any suggestions?
HP site shows the audio device to be Conexant AC-Link Audio.

A:HP Pavilion zv6000 Windows 7 audio drivers

>> Finding Software and Drivers After Changing the Operating System to Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-zv6000-windows-7-audio-drivers.138025/
Relevancy 44.72%

I changed from Vista to XP on my HP Pav dv6235ca
I found and installed all drivers and everything is OK except no sound even if Conexant HD Audio driver is intall.
Any suggestion
merci.

A:[SOLVED] XP Audio driver for HP Pavilion dv6235ca

You may have to uninstall the Conexant Audio driver first.

Then install the Microsoft UAA driver here

After the install restart the PC and then install the Conexant driver.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-audio-driver-for-hp-pavilion-dv6235ca-666527.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I updated my HP Pavilion 13-r010dx x2 to windows 10 and now I have basic "Realtek High Definition Audio" which is not what I want.  How to I reinstall Beats Audio software? 

A:How to reinstall BEATS AUDIO SOFTWARE on HP Pavilion 13-r01...

Hi, Realtek High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver for Windows 10 from the following link contains Beats       http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-13-x2-PC/6936232/model/7200388 Regards. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-reinstall-BEATS-AUDIO-SOFTWARE-on-HP-Pavilion-13/td-p/5701028
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I've got a problem I've bought this laptop less than a year ago and it started having some performance issues For HP Beats 15 Audio performance Pavilion Edition bad example the boot is sluggish when I go to the folder it usually hangs a bit before showing the contents of the folder programs take a few seconds to even start and HP Pavilion 15 Beats Audio Edition bad performance I have very bad performance in games even the not so demanding ones like Minecraft Terraria CSGO Unturned etc I uninstalled all the bloatware but the issue presisted I thought that it could be the system I upgraded it HP Pavilion 15 Beats Audio Edition bad performance from to and I did several system resets and still the same I installed Ubuntu now hoping that it will be better but no it is the same It was overheating a bit and shutting down unexpectedly so I cleaned it with the can of compressed air but it didn't help that much I've got the Please use proper Smart AC adapter message a couple of times but i don't know it nbsp that is the issue I am using the original charger BTW Thanks in advance nbsp P S Sorry if i posted in the wrong section it is my first time I am using this forum nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-15-Beats-Audio-Edition-bad-performance/td-p/5623108
Relevancy 44.72%

I apologize for being a bit of a newbie on the subject, but I'll try my best to explain. I'm trying to get my Beats Audio to work on Linux.  I found a way that has worked for some people which involves remapping certain audio pins, but I don't know what pins to map to what.  Here are the pins that show up for me: 0x120x130x140x150x160x170x180x190x1a0x1b0x1d0x1e

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Beats-Audio-Linux-HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-PC/td-p/5721515
Relevancy 44.29%

I have just booted up my HP Pavilion dv6-6b09sa (running on Windows 7) laptop to find that the sound icon has a red cross next to it and it claims that 'No speakers or headphones are plugged in'. In the Control Panel it states that the AMD High Definition Audio Device is Not Plugged In. As far as I know, I've done nothing to cause this.I have already tried:System restore to yesterday at 10pm;Instalation of a TDI driver from the HP website, however I do not know how to edit/disable/delete the old driver. I'm completely clueless about these things. Please help, I'm at a complete loss.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:AMD High Definition Audio Device Not Plugged In (HP Pavilion...

Hi, You're welcome  Try the following. Download the IDT Audio installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp54001-54500/sp54400.exe When done, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager and open up Sound, Video and Game Controllers.  Right click the IDT device and select Uninstall - you should also get a prompt to remove the current driver, tick the box to allow this and then proceed with the uninstall. When complete, restart the notebook and let Windows fully load.  Open your Downloads folder, right click on the IDT installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, right click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select Playback Devices.  Left click 'Speakers and Headphones' once to highlight it and then click the Set Default button - check if you now have audio. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/AMD-High-Definition-Audio-Device-Not-Plugged-In-HP-Pavilion/td-p/1501975
Relevancy 44.29%

I have Pavilion dv6, Windows 10; the issue is that my audio hesitates when the Wi-Fi is active, this is very frustrating when trying to stream a movie or music.  Network adapter driver (RTL8188CE 802.11 b/g/n) says it's up to date. This may have started when OS switched to Windows 10 (64 bit). Please advise.

A:Pavilion dv6: Audio Hesitates when playing songs or streamin...

Hey @Turnpike, I see you're having trouble with wireless performance. I'd be happy to help. The following pages are helpful when troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 10)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Forget a Network (Windows 10)Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 10Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right-click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the Winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right-click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from hp.com but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an Ethernet connection:Self-explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. Once you've tried these steps, please get back to me. Also, if this helped, please hit that Thumbs Up and Accept as Solution to show your appreciation. Cheers,TechSurge.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Pavilion-dv6-Audio-Hesitates-when-playing-songs-or-streaming/td-p/5587216
Relevancy 44.29%

At some point, the drivers have become a problem with my laptop. I have two drivers showing in the device manager. One is AMD High Definition Audio Device and the other is IDT high definition Audio CODEC. When the AMD driver is enabled, the sound on the laptop barely registers. If I disable that driver then the sound is much louder, but this setup is no where near what I used to hear from my altec lansing/dolby built in stereo speakers. It is frustrating that I cannot simply go get updated at the website with the correct drivers based on my particular build. If I allow windows to do it... it simply is not providing what I used to have. Secondly, I need to use the "stereo mix" capabilities so that I can record audio "what u hear". That no longer works either.  

A:Audio Driver Conflicts HP Pavilion 15-b119wm Sleekbook

What version is your IDT HD audio driver? Did these problems start when you upgraded to windows 10?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Audio-Driver-Conflicts-HP-Pavilion-15-b119wm-Sleekbook/td-p/5717054
Relevancy 44.29%

For the second time Windows Update has automatically installed a critical update that causes the touch screen Pavilion & x2 Wi... after failure touch screen audio 10 SOLVED: and audio to fail nbsp First time I managed to do a System Restore to get back to functionality and SOLVED: Pavilion x2 10 touch screen & audio failure after Wi... when it installed again I re-ran the original Intel Atom Z series driver set HP file sp nbsp signed Oct which restored functionality while allowing the Windows Update nbsp The second time June I tried reinstalling the drivers but this time it aborted and forced a rollback leaving me without touch or sound nbsp Finally I hit upon a solution nbsp Device SOLVED: Pavilion x2 10 touch screen & audio failure after Wi... Manager revealed that the I C drivers were failing to load properly Code errors nbsp I opened up the Drivers folder of the unpacked sp and found a folder I C there nbsp Inside was a set of files including an INF file nbsp I right-clicked it selected Install and voila Sound and touch instantly returned without even the need for a reboot although I did one just to make sure nbsp No problems for the past several hours nbsp Appears fixed to me nbsp Device SOLVED: Pavilion x2 10 touch screen & audio failure after Wi... Manager reports listings of I C Controller all by Intel all version all dated - - nbsp When I updated the I C driver using Device Manager Windows Update downloaded and installed version dated - - nbsp Reboot will determine if it still works properly nbsp EDIT The updated I C driver appears to work well nbsp Audio and touch fully operational nbsp No other side effects nbsp SOLVED nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/SOLVED-Pavilion-x2-10-touch-screen-amp-audio-failure-after/td-p/5668778
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi everyone I recently updated a friends laptop HP Pavilion DV from Windows Vista to Windows and there has been no audio since the upgrade I know the sound card is good since it worked before upgrading I have searched the HP Driver and Support webpage but unfortunately all of the DV9700, audio device output Pavilion installed HP no drivers are Windows Vista only and do not work on the computer no effect It asks me to restart and upon restarting there is still a white X within a red circle HP Pavilion DV9700, no audio output device installed on the speaker logo in the system tray I have been scouring Google and have tried installing the HP support tool adding legacy hardware installed Realtek drivers installed the HP Vista drivers among several others I have been working on this for well over hours banging my head against the wall This is a clean install of windows home bit If I hover over the icon it states quot No audio output device installed quot I am exhausted at trying to figure this out Please it you have any advise I will appreciate it Thank you -Jon

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/395309-hp-pavilion-dv9700-no-audio-output-device-installed.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i formatted the Laptop and now my beat audio sound is no where to be found. i have searched online on several occasions yet i cannot find it. i want you to help me retrieve the beats audio drivers for my machine. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c19tx-beats-audio-driver-misiing/td-p/5634020
Relevancy 44.29%

After upgrading to windows 10 i get tinny, hollow, very low sound and cracking bass from my Pavilion g series laptop speakers. I know it is related to the upgrade because just before the install and forever since i bought the computer the sound has been clear and booming.  Very frustrating. Please help. Mark  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Poor-audio-from-my-Pavilion-g-series-laptop-after-windows-10/td-p/5663573
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a (3 yr.) HP Pavilion dv8220ca Laptop. Looking for a driver that will be compatible with Windows 7. My friend bought the new OS for his exact same lappy (without too much concern about updating) and said that he cannot found a sound driver that will work. I want to upgrade to Windows 7 and have been looking for a driver to fix his issue, so I can fix mine. I can't find the exact sound card, the normal driver set is a Conexant AC-Link Audio Driver. If anyone knows of a work around or a universal driver compatible with Windows 7 please let me know. So far I have tried the Conexant High Definition Audio 4.8.0.0 and I only received an ERROR. Thanks to all and any help.

A:HP Pavilion dv8220ca / Conexant High Definition Audio

Welcome to seven forms Gillighan: Their is a vista 32 bit driver avalible here Select software and drivers HP Pavilion dv8220ca Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) No 64 bit Audio drivers. You can install the 32bit Vista driver in compatibility mode.Compatibility Mode Hope this will work for you. Please post back. Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/47549-hp-pavilion-dv8220ca-conexant-high-definition-audio.html
Relevancy 44.29%

i need audio driver for win7 32bit -HP Pavilion g6-1b33ca Notebook PC

A:i need audio driver for win7 32bit -HP Pavilion g6-1b33ca No...

Hi, Try the IDT driver on the following link. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp53501-54000/sp53837.exe Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/i-need-audio-driver-for-win7-32bit-HP-Pavilion-g6-1b33ca/td-p/5643595
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,
I turned on my computer a couple of days ago and I found that my volume wasn't working. Instead, there was a red x next ot my speker on my taskbar, and when I moused over it it said, "No Audio Output Deivce is installed". I went over to device manager and checked under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" and my audio driver was completely missing! No yellow question mark next to it, nothing at all. So I go to the HP website to download the driver and I can't install it, instead I get this error message saying "Driver Installation Failed: Could not find the device for this driver." I've emailed HP support about this and although they were trying to be helpful, I got nowhere with them. I even tried a full system restore, and the problem still persists. Help, I'm stumped!

Relevancy 44.29%

i just bought my pavilion laptop yesterday to replace my hp pavilion envy dv6 and the audio quality is very poor on my new laptop. its very tinny and noticabely lower quality than i had before. The audio settings also only account for one studio quality Hz setting, which does not offer me te ability to change it as other have been suggested to, i have downloaded the latest drivers and am very unsatisfied with the speaker quality. its hard to enjoy anything im watching or listening to as account of them. help would be appreciated, thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Terrible-audio-quality-coming-from-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5807876
Relevancy 44.29%

Hiafter reinstalling windows 8.1 ,the speaker sound level isn't loud as before , and beats audio setting disappeared, I guess i need to reinstall the driver. any sugestions ??

A:Pavilion 15-p009ne Notebook PC beats audio driver

Hi, Download and reinstall the Realtek HD Audio software package on the link below - this will also reinstall the Beats gui. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66001-66500/sp66107.exe Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Pavilion-15-p009ne-Notebook-PC-beats-audio-driver/td-p/5578795
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello. So, I have installed the Windows 10 recently, and then I downloaded the audio drivers through this page, although only the Windows 7 was present. When I installed the audio drivers (6.10.6292.0 Rev. -- Mar 1, 2016), the audio works fine, but the equalization settings don't have any affect anymore regardless of the setting. How to fix this issue? Is this driver only available for Windows 7? Where can I download the appropriate driver for Windows 10?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Equalization-in-Beats-audio-doesn-t-work-in-HP-Pavilion-dv7/td-p/5734311
Relevancy 44.29%

So, i have reinstalled my laptop, installed all the driver and etc, sounds had working great, but because i thought "This is beats audio it's a shame if i didn't used it's full potential" i installed the beats driver. At first i didn't notice it, i gone to play Skyrim but the intro sound seems to be a bit odd, then i decided to exit and open the Groove Music and play songs, AND THIS is where i know Something is wrong. I usually play EDM-genre Music, and at the beats drop it seemed odd, the volume is shrinking, but when it's on an slow part it's volume went up again. I Tried using other songs and every song has the same problem, how do i fix this?Information:- i have tried using the fix where you change the frequency of the audio and it did not fix the issue- i'm using 6.0.1.7548 Rev.A driver (sp7341)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Volume-Swings-on-Beats-audio-in-HP-PAVILION-15-P229AX/td-p/5750240
Relevancy 44.29%

Audio isn't working anymore on my HP Pavilion P - s I upgraded to win a few months ago but the sound only recently cut out It looks fine as in my machine recognizes when I plug an audio device in the jacks All the testing in the windows audio settings show the volume IDT working Audio Def Pavilion P7-1436s on stopped High Wi... ( bar moving too But no sound comes out The volume on everything is adjusted so it should be audible I've tried several different codecs from the HP website including - sp - sp - sp - sp IDT High Def Audio stopped working on Pavilion P7-1436s ( Wi... - sp -sp this one was supposedly specifically for Win upgrades nbsp All run as administrator all producing similar results visually looks fine no audio output though nbsp Windows Audio is running and set to automatic in Services msc nbsp I IDT High Def Audio stopped working on Pavilion P7-1436s ( Wi... tried scanning my product on the website but it repeatedly returns and error when searching for drivers which is why I've tried so many the HP site doesn't give me any to choose from These were all drivers I found that helped others with similar issues in IDT High Def Audio stopped working on Pavilion P7-1436s ( Wi... the forums but they haven't helped me nbsp Anybody know what I'm doing wrong Can anybody point me in the right direction for a Win IDT HD audio codec for my model number since the automatic scanning doesn't work for me Does anyone have any better ideas that I haven't tried Any help is appreciated thanks nbsp

A:IDT High Def Audio stopped working on Pavilion P7-1436s ( Wi...

Hi, Please check the following discussion which is for laptops but same hardware:     http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Windows-10-IDT-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-Bug-Report/t... Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/IDT-High-Def-Audio-stopped-working-on-Pavilion-P7-1436s-Win/td-p/5500071
Relevancy 44.29%

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook - Windows 8.1 (64bit)Hi there, I am having trouble removing Beats Audio from my laptop. I do a lot of work recording sound and part of that means I need to have a completely flat frequency response coming out of my laptop. I've tried disabling Beats Audio (unticking the box) but even when it is unticked, the faders for the EQ can still be manipulated and still have an effect on the audio. There is also no option to uninstall Beats in the control panel.P.S - I have tried following similar suggestions to uninstall the IDT driver, but I do not have an IDT driver. My drivers are AMD High Definition Audio Device, Cyberlink WebCam Virtual Driver and Realtek High Definition AudioKind regards,-Martin.

A:HP Pavilion 15 Notebook - Completely remove Beats Audio

Hi @IronhideG    Welcome to the HP Forums!It is a terrific place to find answers.For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide Learn How to Post and More   I understand that you would like to completely remove the Beats Audio.  Would you please try the steps posted by @Great-Deku-Tree remove beats.  Where it refers to IDT drivers your will  substitute AMD as you stated you do not have IDT.  If you this has not resolved the issue, please reply back with the results from your troubleshooting. Good Luck!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-Completely-remove-Beats-Audio/td-p/4618752
Relevancy 43.86%

As stated in the title I have an HP Pavilion -f dx Notebook PC It's running Windows preinstalled On to the issues nbsp nbsp My audio is very loud Normally for the past laptops I have set Hissing sound Issues; HP 17-f114dx headp... Audio Pavilion with my audio to between - and it worked well This one I have to set between - When I change the volume there's a brief crackle nbsp nbsp When using my headphones I have a soft hissing sound that is there whether I have audio playing or not and whether or not my laptop is plugged in nbsp nbsp HP Pavilion 17-f114dx Audio Issues; Hissing sound with headp... Lastly for sites like YouTube and Twitch I noticed that the audio slider in their player HP Pavilion 17-f114dx Audio Issues; Hissing sound with headp... seems to not do much at all as if it's being equalized or going through a compressor or something I've heard that the Beats Audio that comes preinstalled seems to be nbsp the cause even if I uncheck it or do Fn b nothing changes but I have no idea how to get around it nbsp nbsp I have thus far managed to circumvent the first and third issues by using the generic High-Definition Audio driver from Windows Evidently Beats Audio does auto-volume compression which cannot be prevented so long as you're using a Realtek audio driver or at least that's how it seems from all the searching I've done Nearly all of the troubleshooting posts had to do with IDT rather than Realtek so I cannot be sure that Realtek drivers are complicit However I still have the persistent soft hissing with my headphones I know the headphones are fine as the last two computers I've used them on did not have this issue Also while using the generic HD audio driver I cannot switch from headphones to speakers without breaking a Youtube video and such where the Youtube player goes staticy and whatnot Can anyone help I can't really afford new laptops particularly since I don't want Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/HP-Pavilion-17-f114dx-Audio-Issues-Hissing-sound-with/td-p/5782849
Relevancy 43.86%

As stated in the title I have an HP Pavilion -f dx Notebook PC It's running Windows preinstalled On to the issues nbsp nbsp My audio is very loud Normally for the past laptops I have set my audio to between - and it worked well This one Audio sound Pavilion HP Hissing 17-f114dx headp... Issues; with I have to set between - When I change the volume there's a brief crackle nbsp nbsp When using my headphones I have a soft hissing sound that is there whether I have audio playing or not and whether or not my laptop is plugged in nbsp nbsp Lastly for sites like YouTube and Twitch I noticed that the audio slider HP Pavilion 17-f114dx Audio Issues; Hissing sound with headp... in their HP Pavilion 17-f114dx Audio Issues; Hissing sound with headp... player seems to not do much at all as if it's being HP Pavilion 17-f114dx Audio Issues; Hissing sound with headp... equalized or going through a compressor or something I've heard that the Beats Audio that comes preinstalled seems to be nbsp the cause even if I uncheck it or do Fn b nothing changes but I have no idea how to get around it nbsp nbsp I have thus far managed to circumvent the first and third issues by using the generic High-Definition Audio driver from Windows Evidently Beats Audio does auto-volume compression which cannot be prevented so long as you're using a Realtek audio driver or at least that's how it seems from all the searching I've done Nearly all of the troubleshooting posts had to do with IDT rather than Realtek so I cannot be sure that Realtek drivers are complicit However I still have the persistent soft hissing with my headphones I know the headphones are fine as the last two computers I've used them on did not have this issue Also while using the generic HD audio driver I cannot switch from headphones to speakers without breaking a Youtube video and such where the Youtube player goes staticy and whatnot Can anyone help I can't really afford new laptops particularly since I don't want Windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-17-f114dx-Audio-Issues-Hissing-sound-with/td-p/5782849
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I am having a really hard time trying to get my audio to work. After reinstalling windows xp proffesional on a HP Pavilion a132n link to spec hereI cannot get the audio to work. I have everything installed. Uaa driver and the realtek high definition audio drivers are all installed. speakers are known working and all volume levels are on and nothing is muted. I have checked everything. I read somewhere that the sp3 update for windows disables the volume in this machine but I can't seem to find a workaround for it. If anybody had an idea or has experienced this problem before please let me know. Thanks in advace.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello,

See my system specs for my laptop make and model. I cannot get the audio driver to install. I have tried two drivers from the HP website that it recommended for this model (sp55094.exe and sp51637.exe) as well as allow Windows Update to locate it for me. It's not working. It is an IDT software, specifically for Beats Audio. And it simply is not installing. It says the hardware is not supported.

Disclaimer: I did get a new mobo over Christmas break, but it was matching identical to the original I'm not sure why the audio's not wanting to work.

A:HP Pavilion dv6t 6000 Quad Edition - IDT Audio Driver Issue

Reinstall the Intel motherboard chipset drivers and then see if the IDT will install. Since you had the motherboard replaced the chipset drivers may need to be reinstalled. One of the things the chipset drivers do is define (Identify) all the devices on the motherboard. I have seen many Intel based motherboards that will have problems specifically with the audio chip if the motherboard drivers were not installed during Windows installation.

The Intel chipset drivers are listed on the HP download site for your model.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/325138-hp-pavilion-dv6t-6000-quad-edition-idt-audio-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hi I own a Pavilion dv6 notebook 6c50se series. I just found that both speakers on the front (marked with BeatsAudio logo on the right one) are not working. I've tried checking with 'HP recovery manager' and also looked for the 'Beats Audio software' and still couldn't find a solution. Kindly help me with this. Thanks & regards Aqui

A:Pavilion dv6 6c50se beats audio, front speakers aren't work...

Hello Aqui,

I see that you are having problems with the sound from your HP computer. I have a couple of suggestions that may help with this issue.

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for no sound issues. Follow the steps in the link and it may hep with this issue.

How long have you been without sound? Have you made any recent changes to the computer?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Pavilion-dv6-6c50se-beats-audio-front-speakers-aren-t/td-p/2664123
Relevancy 43%

I recently acquired a Pavilion Slimline (s5503w) desktop PC. For whatever reason the hard drive was blanked out when I received it and upon installing Windows 7 64-bit (Ultimate Ed) I've had quite some time locating the proper drivers. Attempting to use the recommended drivers from HP's website resulted in a 9996 error, you don't meet the requirements. Proper recommended installer for that version of windows, but no luck. I've also tried installing the Ethernet and Audio drivers recommended by Nividia's website. A 15.49 package, but though it recognizes the video card it doesn't notice the onboard Ethernet or Audio. Neither of these devices is listed in device manager as far as I can tell either. No typical yellow exclamation mark stating that the driver is missing.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

A:Win7 64bit Missing Ethernet/Audio drivers for HP Pavilion Slimline s5503w

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win7-64bit-missing-ethernet-audio-drivers-for-hp-pavilion-slimline-s5503w.1094363/
Relevancy 42.57%

So I haven t used TSG in over four years and I m really sorry if this is the wrong place or if I is device" audio "No crazy. output me driving don t give enough information If I am doing anything wrong please let me know and I can try to do better That being said I am having extreme problems with my laptop I am no longer able to use sound at first it started with just my headphones USB headphones I had them plugged in and the volume control claimed I had no audio devices when I tried to choose my headphones as what I wanted to hear sound through My laptop speakers worked perfectly fine at this point I looked online I did literally everything that every page suggests when you search for this specific "No audio output device" is driving me crazy. problem I restarted with the usb headphones plugged in I tried updating drivers No updates found I uninstalled drivers and reinstalled drivers after doing this I lost the ability to even have "No audio output device" is driving me crazy. working laptop speakers They started coming back with the same messages that the headphones would give me No audio devices I have no restore points on my computer as restore was suggested to me I had recently used a program for viruses malware removal that unknown to me also removed my oldest restore points I am at my wits end with this I own an "No audio output device" is driving me crazy. ASUS N-series Not sure of the specific numbers because it s extremely hard to find it on the laptop itself and for some reason the box that should state in huge letters what specific numbers doesn t So I ll find that information later on if needed My headphones are USB Logitech Clearchat Headset I have never had any problems with them before and they work connected to any other computer in the house I don t know what I m supposed to do I ve tried everything nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi All I hope someone here can help me as I can't go on with this crazy machine any longer My machine is a Sony Vaio I've just updated my system specs What happens is the following The fan runs for no apparent reason It just takes off loud and blowing out hot air even though the machine is just ticking over more noisy than it ever used to be As I'm just writing this it's racing away The track-pad sticks and just generally plays up I've attached two screenshots the first as I was updating my system specs writing specs or moving the pointer around and it decides to highlight a load the second as I was uploading that first screenshot I was clicking on 'manage attachments' Other times the & browser unresponsive slow crazy, track-pad Fan hangs, crazy, runs pointer shoots around all over no corelation to my hand movements also when I go to tap the pad the pointer flies off Comodo Dragon has been hanging sticking not-responding Generally Fan runs crazy, track-pad crazy, browser hangs, slow & unresponsive my machine has been performing horribly so I performed all the operations below but nothing has helped EAM runs its regular scans every couple of days finds nothing MBAM finds nothing MBAR clean SAS clean Hitman Pro default clean Following Chiron's suggestions on TechSupportAlert Kaspersky TDSS Killer clean Fan runs crazy, track-pad crazy, browser hangs, slow & unresponsive Comodo Cleaning Essentials clean Glary Utilities Pro default scan and fix I then ran SFC scannow and everything is fine Puran Defrag running a boot-time defrag Full disk check Carefully vacuumed the ventilation slots Reinstalled repaired Comodo Dragon Any suggestions massively appreciated TIA

A:Fan runs crazy, track-pad crazy, browser hangs, slow & unresponsive

Work through the Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

Consider doing the superior Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340449-fan-runs-crazy-track-pad-crazy-browser-hangs-slow-unresponsive.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I m ready to kill the person that invented this virus that has hit me three times in as many weeks XP Total Security has caused me more loss of mind and m ental stablity then anything in my life this is what it does before crazy, trojans driven crazy like am Backdoor actually infecting my machine It disables my firewall It disables my automatic updates and locks AU to off disabled I have to use the run command to actually activate the dll to turn on Automatic Updates It disables my current anytivirus protection Microsfot Secuirity Essentials Then when viewing DeviantART my internet windows dies all its tabs die as well first thing I run is MSE as I am running it a fake Windows Security Center pops up Backdoor trojans like crazy, am driven crazy saying I am infected Thankfully so far MSE has found and supposdely removed the things it has found Even on start up it finds the EXACT same things as it found during the scan two or three items I have the DDS logs but sadly when trying ot run the GMER scanner I got hit with the Blue Screen Backdoor trojans like crazy, am driven crazy of Death this virus will not quit and I ve lots more braincells fighting a uphill battle with this thing I even ran rkill it says it found and killed a proxy connection which I never set It leaves a RK Proxy reg key on my desktop when done I merly deleted it as I never set a proxy so merging will do little good I want this Backdoor trojans like crazy, am driven crazy machine cleaned and the virus properly killed and all my backdoors sealed The DDS logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Value customer at on -Apr- Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Value customer Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp forum gateworld net BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO SingleInstance Class fdad da - a - fd - c - f ac - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll TB Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun swg quot c program files google googletoolbarnotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe quot mRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink ... Read more

A:Backdoor trojans like crazy, am driven crazy

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/393643/backdoor-trojans-like-crazy-am-driven-crazy/
Relevancy 39.56%

Relatively ignorant on this problem. I have a gigabyte GA 7zx motherboard with an 800 duron chip. Have a PNY nvidia graphics card and have recently put in a Diamond DT-688 sound card. As in the post below I can't get recording to work with the mic. I tried reinstalling the drivers again and now I am getting a message which reads, "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Harddisk2\DR5"

I haven't a clue what this means since I don't know how to put a disk in a harddisk. Any ideas?

A:Crazy message is driving me crazy

Well its probably reffering to some kind of storage device you are using, if you have any beside One EIDE harddisk...

What's the Operating system you're working with? Do you have 2hardrives or a zip drive or something? A SCZI drive perhaps? Are you trying, albeit inadvertantly, to record on your CDRW drive?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crazy-message-is-driving-me-crazy.7884/
Relevancy 39.56%

I have a Compaq Presario US laptop Of late whenever I type something whether in MS Word Search Engine Search Bar or even in this message etc my computer DELETES backspaces what I type on its own Sometimes it deletes a letter a couple words or every darn thing I type Also when I am crazy me (and My crazy Help!!!! is too) laptop going driving in Explorer it would quot back quot to a previous page until it gets to the first page I was on When there are no windows open the computer continuosly quot beeps quot like it is trying to backspace something I thought it was a virus but newly installed Norton found nothing I also thought it was a hijacker but Xoft Spy found nothing I quot restored Help!!!! My laptop is going crazy (and driving me crazy too) quot my system with the Restore System Discs and everything was normal quiet for about a week and a half or so and then the problem started again Really frustratung cause I Help!!!! My laptop is going crazy (and driving me crazy too) cannot type what I want and I cant seem to find the problem HELP PLEASE

A:Help!!!! My laptop is going crazy (and driving me crazy too)

Hello Ralanders and welcome to TSF...

Couple of items you need in order to begin our process:

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Please download HijackThis http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/HijackThis.exe - this program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Create a folder at C:\HJT and move HijackThis.exe there. Double click on the program to run it.

1. If it gives you an intro screen, just choose 'Do a system scan and save a logfile'.
2. If you don't get the intro screen, just hit Scan and then click on Save log.
3. Get HijackThis Analyzer http://www.greyknight17.com/spy/KRC%...20Analyzer.zip and save it to the same folder as the hijackthis.log file. Run HijackThis Analyzer and type in 'y' if you agree. The 'result.txt' file will open up in Notepad. Copy the whole result.txt log and post it in the forum. You don't need to post the original hijackthis.log (unless we ask for it). Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

If you have a fast internet connection (broadband), run an online virus scan at TrendMicro http://uk.trendmicro-europe.com/ente...all_launch.php. Just follow the instructions on the site to run the online scan. If any viruses/trojans are detected, try to delete or clean them in that site. Otherwise, make sure your antivirus program has the latest definitions and run a full system scan.

Please download Ad-aware SE and install it if you don't have it already. Make sure it's the newest version and check for any updates before running it. Also go here to get the plug-in for fixing VX2 variants. To run this tool, go into Ad-aware->Add-ons and select VX2 Cleaner. Then click Run Tool and OK to start it. If it's clean, it will say Status System Clean. Otherwise, you will have to click on the Clean button to remove the VX2 infection. Also make sure to customize the settings in Ad-aware for better scan results. Run the scan and fix everything that it finds.

Download and install Spybot S&D http://security.kolla.de/. Run Spybot and click on the 'Search for Updates' button. Install any updates that are available.

Now click Mode menu and choose 'Advanced Mode'. Next click on Immunize to your left. Click the Immunize button (green cross) on top to Immunize your computer - you should do this each time there is an update. Now go to Tools->Resident and make sure that TeaTimer is checked. What this will do is monitor any system/registry changes and will ask you for permission to change any of these settings.

Now click on the 'Spybot-S&D' option on the top left to go back to the main screen. Next click on the 'Check for Problems' button. Let it run the scan. If it finds something, check all those in RED and hit the 'Fix Selected Problems' button. Exit Spybot. If you keep getting the DSO Exploit entries, even after you updated Windows and fixed them, then download the Spybot DSO Exploit Fix http://majorgeeks.com/download4392.html and install it over the current Spybot installation.

Download CWShredder and run it. Click on 'I Agree' button if you agree with it. Click on 'Fix' (it will automatically fix anything it finds for you) and OK. If it asks if you want to delete a certain random file, choose No and post that filename here. Let it finish the scan and then hit Next and Exit.

We also suggest that you Subscribe to this thread to be notified of fixes as soon as they are posted by our Team. You can do this simply by clicking the "Thread Tools" button located in the original thread line and selecting "Subscribe to this Thread".

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-my-laptop-is-going-crazy-and-driving-me-crazy-too-46286.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Dear everybody! I'm going to buy more 8GB Crucial ram for my laptop. Currently i have 4GB. So i will have 12GB ram total. So Could anyone give me some advices about this. Is it ok ? Is it compatible with my device ?  Thank you.  

A:HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series - HP Pavilion Noteboo...

@0xaddr? Memory Supports the following configurations: ? 12288 MB (8192 MB1+ 4096 MB1; not supported on computer models with a 32-bit operating system) Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series-HP-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5748896
Relevancy 36.98%

The sound on my notebook works fine until I connect it via HDMI to an HP Pavilion 24xw monitor.  Then the audio disappears.  If I disconnect it, the audio comes back. I have tried going to the 'Sound' section of the control panel.  There are two options:Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio HP 24xwThe default is Speakers Realtek.  When I use the test facility my notebook plays the test sound.  I have updated to the latest version of the driver. Can someone help with why when plugging in the monitor the audio disappears from my notebook? Thank you so much!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-Gaming-DPGEK44-connected-via-HP-Pavilion-24xw/td-p/5763908
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi, I just bought 2 laptops today and wanted it to be in Windows 7 64 bit instead of Windows 10.May I know where to get the Winows 7 drivers?I had tried to search around but I couldn't get Win7 driver.Can you provide me? The laptops I just bought are:HP Pavilion 14-ab175TXHP Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab161tx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-14-ab175TX-amp-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-14-ab161tx/td-p/5636669
Relevancy 36.12%

..........hello,

a simple question......will a HP Pavilion 15-n034sa motherboard fit into a HP Pavilion 15-n083sa ?

help me obi-wan youre my only hope!!

A:will a HP Pavilion 15-n034sa motherboard fit into a HP Pavilion 15-n083sa ?

Actually that's a hard question, generally its not possible to install another motherboard, sometimes it is. In this case one is an AMD platform and the other is an Intel platform, there could be tons of differences in mounting holes, physical design, clearance, connectors, heat dissipation requirements, cooling systems, etc. Laptops are not like desktops that use more standardized designs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-a-hp-pavilion-15-n034sa-motherboard-fit-into-a-hp-pavilion-15-n083sa.1143967/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a Genuine Microsoft DVD DV4 not does ... Pavilion internal Pavilion UEFI show dvd using for Windows When I put the Bios in UEFI boot mode It does not boot from the DVD or Pavilion DV4 Pavilion using UEFI does not show internal dvd ... if i use a USB bootable stick nbsp formatted using APT format When I hit esc on boot and select the boot devices to boot from nothing is shown nbsp If nbsp I let it just try to boot it give me a message that no bootable image on hard disk It is a new hard nbsp When I put it in legacy support mode it will boot either the USB or the internal DVD but I want to use UEFI and the new APT format for security What device can you buy so this laptop nbsp will boot something that is portable media on this bios nbsp It came with this format on the original hard drive with windows nbsp Thanks Buford nbsp HP Pavilion DV - cl with INSYDE F bios from latest update

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-DV4-Pavilion-using-UEFI-does-not-show-internal-dvd/td-p/5787572
Relevancy 34.83%

My HP Pavilion 500-205t was destroyed by a lightning strike. The HD is o.k. I have purchased an HP Pavilion 500-490 because the specs were very close.  I  want to use my 205t HD. Both computers are Core i3-4130, have 1 TB 7200 SATA 6G 3.5 HDs, same OS (Windows 7 Pro 64). My question is:  can I swap them out, or do I need to get an external HD enclosure and copy the 205t to the 490? If I need the external HD enclosure, looks like aluminum would be best, but would like recommendation for one which would hold my HD.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-install-my-HP-Pavilion-500-205t-HD-in-HP-Pavilion-500/td-p/5660060
Relevancy 34.83%

I would like to connect my HP Pav 23-1010t All in One Desktop to my HP Pav dm4 laptop.  For the purpose of switching between the two, using the HP Pav 23 video/monitor, keyboard and mouse to control what is on the laptop.  Will a KVM switch work?  Or some other swtich or cables?   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Connect-HP-Pavilion-dm4-Laptop-to-HP-Pavilion-23-All-In-One/td-p/5646024
Relevancy 33.54%

There is a serious issue with svchost.exe on my windows 7 computer. My HP Touchsmart 300-1025 has windows 7 64bit installed and svchost is slowing down the computer and using very high cpu and memory usage. It is not a virus or malware. I know the computer is not infected because one the computer has webroot and two if it was a virus or malware I would not be able to use the computer at all. So it has to be an issue with windows 7 64bit itself. Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about and proof.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/390995-svchost-exe-crazy-high-cpu-usage-crazy-high-memory-usage.html
Relevancy 31.82%

like the title say the computer fan go nuts and the computer freeze right after now illl try to explain what i did before it happend i just got a Geforce fan still go AFTER but Computer computer go freeze freeze crazy occur. fan crazy and MX AGP for the computer after installing it in my computer and clicking power i notice blue lines going Computer fan go crazy and computer freeze but fan still go crazy AFTER freeze occur. down my screen on computer startup and windows loading screen after switching colors and resolution the lines were no more still everything was working fine at the point im guessing Computer fan go crazy and computer freeze but fan still go crazy AFTER freeze occur. then i went and downloaded the driver for the card not sure if Computer fan go crazy and computer freeze but fan still go crazy AFTER freeze occur. it was the PCI or AGP one and they asked for a reboot clicked i wanted to reboot later and i proceed to go in options and change resolution again after switching resolution everything was still fine at that point after opening internet and going on facebook my fan started to go crazy and computer froze after rebooting again my computer rebooted by itself now everytime i start the computer with the card in the fan go crazy and freeze the computer the fan still turn and make loud noises even after freeze occur i now removed the card and wont put it back unless i know what is making this thing go nuts i have windows xp bits MB of ram and a w powersupply nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-fan-go-crazy-and-computer-freeze-but-fan-still-go-crazy-after-freeze-occur.1054089/