Windows Support Forum

Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

Q: Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

As the title implies I m currently having issues the first major issue is that my PC is turning on off and which the second is that my other hard drive suddenly up and Issue Invisible & HDD Computer Grounding disappeared on me My computer started to turn on and off on me for no reason while I was trouble shooting my initial problem of the HDD when I fiddled around inside my case Eventually ripping everything out of the case and quot card-boarding quot the motherboard which it worked and stayed on and as I gradually put everything back together it was all good until I sat the motherboard back onto the brass copper studs that sits inside the frame and screwed it in At that point my computer started to turn on and off again which lead me to believe it s some manner of a grounding issue Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD I have no clue on what to do at this point about going about this should I just get a new case made of plastic My current full tower case is all steel While I was watching a movie which was stored on my second hard drive is started to freeze lag repeat all that good stuff on me It froze my computer up completely and I was force to hard reset the computer when I booted my PC back up I found that my second hard drive had up and vanished on me So I went into my bios and saw it quot working quot I switch to ACHI to see if it ll make a difference but I got a BSoD so I left it at IDE At that point my computer gave me the option to quot repair windoe files quot or start normally Both options made my computer get stuck on the loading screen thankfully safe mode boots up fine So what could had caused this and how may I go about fixing it nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer Grounding Issue & Invisible HDD

I also swapped out the PSU with a spare I had lying around, didn't get any power from it so I reused my old one. Now I don't have power from that one either. So besides the "missing" HDD and a suddenly a "no longer working PSU "I'm assuming the motherboard is bad, opinions?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-grounding-issue-invisible-hdd.211499/
Relevancy 65.36%

I recently had an issue where my PC would shut off at random giving the memory error beep code I was able to get it running again and ran a bios update Now when I place both of my ram sticks gbs in the computer it will power up and then sit on a black screen with a blinking cursor If I remove one of the Strange Issue Grounding sticks then it will boot and run fine I swapped between the two sticks and used memtest and determined that it doesn t matter which stick I use just so long as I don t use them both After taking everything out and placing the motherboard on some newspaper I was able to get it up and running with both sticks I managed to dig up enough of those little washer things to put on the screws Strange Grounding Issue and then placed the board back in but it s still happening not really sure what to do now nbsp Strange Grounding Issue

Relevancy 65.36%

Windows 7 HP 64 bit.
Original installed OS - OEM.

Purchased PC in US and imported to Sweden. Have had computer 7 weeks, and get three types of freezes/shutdowns: BSOD, unintended shutdown, freeze forcing a manual shutdown.

These occur sporadically, but multiple times in a row.

Important to note: The wall outlets into which I have my computer power plugged are not grounded. I have manually run a grounding wire from the computer power cable to some metal pipes. Not sure if this is sufficient or relevant, though I suspect it could be the culprit. This wire sparks with static occasionally.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As a recent convert back to the world of Windows from Linux, I've searched for weeks in order to solve this problem myself, but to no avail.

A:Can my BSOD be a grounding issue?

Hi portofmiami and welcome to w7 Forums

Your earthing arrangements could be significant, especially as the wire you use is prone to static discharge. Have you tried an antisurge device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215352-can-my-bsod-grounding-issue.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey Please help me sort out this problem Today i went Feedback problem, issue? grounding out and bought a stereo to x mono adapter and connected it to my pc and I think I ve unearthed a grounding problem or something When I have the headphones and the creative sub speaker system connected to the adapter I get a low humming noise even when the pc is turned off I can even get this noise by taking the adapter when the speakers are connected and physically touching the end of the adapter and my pc I dont even have to touch the pc just go somewhat close to it The headphones dont seem to get the feedback at all in either socket of the adapter So this only happens to the creative sub speaker system and not the headphones I m not sure what this means What I do know is this doesent happen when the creative system is plugged in directly or when its plugged into another adapter I have which is a stereo to x stereo adapter Could this be a crappy adapter or do stereo to mono adapters complete some sort of internal circuit which may be unearthing a grunding problem somewhere I dont know much about this field of computing forgive me for any stupid presumptions Any help would be greatly appreciated I want to get mixing thanks in advance will nbsp

A:Feedback problem, grounding issue?

Most powered speakers do not have an orientation plug, ie, 1 large and one smaller electrical wall socket connector.

Try connecting that the other way round.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/feedback-problem-grounding-issue.111177/
Relevancy 50.31%

Found this forum via searching my computers symptoms as it seems quite a few The invisible popular IE muting popups + ever sound issue users here have the same problem I exclusively use firefox as a browser yet the iexplore exe process is almost constantly running bringing up invisible popups I know of their existence because i wrote a script to search for hidden windows with quot Internet Explorer quot in the title and make them visible and low and behold every time The ever popular invisible IE popups + sound muting issue i run it a popup appears My wave volume is also set to unlike most users who seem to have it set to However my volume goes silent even though it claims to be at full volume This is fixed by turning it up and down one click or so The invisible popups also deactivate whatever window i have open in addition to minimizing full screen programs namely a game that just so happens to be buggy enough to crash any time it is minimized Also this is probably of no importance but interesting nonetheless i have a mouse which automatically detects the length of a page and for pages over a certain length it increases the sensitivity of the scroll wheel It seems to detect such a page and increases its sensitivity any time one of these invisible popups open and goes back to normal if i switch to a different program On rare occasions every several hours or so one of the popups will be visible just like one might expect a popup to be There are also occasional audio ads quot Congratulations you won quot There was a search hijacking virus that had infected another computer at my house i discovered an executable file with a name similar to the one on the infected computer and removed it all that seems to remain the mysterious symptoms i have just described The following is a DDS and GMER log i have replaced the user name where it appears in the dds log due to the fact that it is my full name which i do not wish to post on the internet Also when i used defogger to disable my cd emulation windows said it had detected a recent hardware change and needed to be re-activated in the next three days Will this go away when i re-enable the virtual drives there were five of them the computer also bluescreened the first time i tried to run a scan with GMER after lsass exe began using massive amounts of cpu time about halfway through the scan i rebooted and was able to complete the scan although lsass exe and AVG used of my cpu the entire time and it took about three hours anyway the logs DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by DELETED MY FULL NAME at on Fri Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF FW ZoneAlarm Firewall enabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exesvchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC WINDOWS system DRIVERS CDANTSRV EXEC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exeC WINDOWS system PnkBstrB exeC Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Documents and Settings DELETED MY FULL NAME My Documents Macros and such WoW numpad exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Ergodex bin ergomon exeC WINDOWS Mixer exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Adob... Read more

A:The ever popular invisible IE popups + sound muting issue

Good evening. Please download MBRCheck.exe by a_d_13 from here and save it to your Desktop. Double click the file to begin the scan. A Command Window will open and after the scan has completed you will be prompted to select further action - please exit in the stated manner. A text file called MBRCheck_date/time.txt can be found on the Desktop. I'd like you to post the contents in your next reply.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Download Preformat.zip from here and save it to your Desktop. You will need to extract the file.Right click on the zipped folder and from the menu that appears, click on Extract All...In the 'Extraction Wizard' window that opens, click on Next> and in the next window that appears, click on Next> again. In the final window, click on FinishYou should now see a folder with a .vbs file in it. Double click Preformat.vbs to run it and a text file called Preformat.txt should be created in the same folder - either that or you'll get an error message.Please copy and paste the contents of the text file into your next reply and then you can delete both of the folders and their contents.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337850/the-ever-popular-invisible-ie-popups-sound-muting-issue/
Relevancy 49.02%

I use Google Chrome but recently the wave in my volume control keeps on automatically going to the lowest bar and I would lose all audio until I move the volume bar for Wave back up. I also begin to get mysterious voice ads that I don't see a window for so I can't close it. I'm also getting IE pop ups even though I am using Google Chrome. Finally, when I look at my task manager, I see a lot of iexplore.exe processes by SYSTEM and I am logged in as Administrator. I've ran system restore to a date before this all happens but it didn't seem to work. I currently have Symantec antivirus. Please help!!!

A:Invisible IE, invisible voice ads, wave audio control automatically resets to low

Hi and Welcome,

Please do the following:

Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.

Disable any script blocking protection
Double click dds.pif to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.
NEXT

Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here to your desktop. It will be a randomly named executable.

Double click the exe file.
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan.

Click the image to enlarge it

In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are unchecked
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)

Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.

Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries [/QUOTE]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-ie-invisible-voice-ads-wave-audio-control-automatically-resets-to-low.931577/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I use Firefox for everything but one thing I need IE for work All of a sudden started getting these IE pop ups when I had IE closed Ads Voice Window, Invisible Popups Random Invisible Solved: IE all of the time I get quot You have won an Ipod WalMart card etc quot voice ads with no window at all I also get an IE that shows up if I do Alt tab but doesn t show if I try to bring it up I have Solved: Invisible IE Window, Invisible Voice Ads Random Popups XP Professional Service Pack I have done Spybot Housecall Panda I don t even know I have done so many antivirus scan spyware things over the last four days and nothing is doing it I think I am wasting my time and am bowing to you all begging for help BTW I don t NORMALLY run w o anything I normally have AVG but yesterday Solved: Invisible IE Window, Invisible Voice Ads Random Popups I uninstalled it to run Kaspersky because it AVG was giving me trouble and now it will not completely uninstall to allow me to run Kaspersky I am on my way to making a mess and stopped to beg for help before I kill the machine Edited to add - I also HAD the Antivirus but managed to get rid of that or at least most outward appearances of it I am left with these lingering pop up things though I think I picked it all up in a spam email that looked very real from my brother-in-law EDITED -I have run a couple of more things - Ad-Aware Stinger Housecall so this is an updated HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C COMPAQ ACLIENT ACLIENT exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents cpqalert exe C WINNT Cpqdiag Cpqdfwag exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CPQWEB WebDmi exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINNT System NMSSvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Compaq Compaq Management Agents Dmi Win bin Win sl exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ cpqdmi exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smtray exe C Program Files COMPAQ Easy Access Button Support StartEAK exe C PROGRA Compaq COMPAQ CHKADMIN EXE C Program Files Messenger MSMSGS EXE C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support CPQEADM EXE C Compaq EAKDRV EAUSBKBD EXE C PROGRA Compaq EASYAC BttnServ exe C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop Housekeeping stng exe C WINNT system LH m P exe c program files internet explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - B B - C - D- - BEB B D E - no file O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO no name - C B ADD- F - F- F - F C C - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run Smapp C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smt... Read more

Relevancy 48.16%

Original thread is here http www bleepingcomputer com iexplore.exe/invisible redirect/invisible PING.EXE Google forums topic html OS Windows Google redirect/invisible iexplore.exe/invisible PING.EXE -bit A few days ago I was just browsing like Google redirect/invisible iexplore.exe/invisible PING.EXE I normally do every day and all of a sudden my firefox process was randomly killed My computer was acting REALLY strange giving me hard disc read errors and stuff and I immediately knew something was up I went to check in task manager to see what was going on but my access to task manager was cut off alt ctrl del menu didn t show task manager option and right clicking on the taskbar was greyed out I got access to taskmanager by pressing WindowsKey R and running taskmgr exe from there Once I got in I saw a number of different unknown processes just random numbers and letters that I didn t write down along with a bunch of iexplore exe that had no associated windows they were essentially hidden My start menu and desktop shortcuts were moved to some temp folder and I was getting redirects when I clicked on Google search results saw a number of different unknown processes just random numbers and letters that I didn t write down along with a bunch of iexplore exe that had no associated windows they were essentially hidden I don t exactly remember all of the steps I took to get normal access back but I remember most of what I did I booted into safe mode ran MBAM which detected a few things I think one was called FakeAgent I ran ComboFix which is what I assume gave my control back and seemingly stopped some of the things from happening Finally I wanted to be sure I had gotten rid of the problem so I looked for some more rootkit removal tools a couple I came across were FixTDSS and TDSSKiller I was being prevented from running TDSSKiller so I had to get a different version which I got off Kaspersky forum http forum kaspersky com index php showtopic and this version didn t detect anything I ran FixTDSS and it detected an infection in MBR so I restarted and it said it was gone Nothing came up on MBAM or GMER so I felt relatively safe Now I thought I was fine but it turns out that I was getting these invisible PING EXEs which were located at C windows syswow with the argument quot -t quot and no matter how many times I killed the process it would just keep coming back Using Process Explorer if I suspended the process it would just start a new one When I tried to move or rename the PING EXE I got an error message saying I didn t have privileges from TrustedInstaller The only way I was able to make them stop appearing was to manually go in and change the owner of the file to my user account give myself access and then I was able to rename it and this stopped them from showing up I know this doesn t exactly solve the problem but I was just trying to stop this thing from doing anything at this point I tried installing and scanning with Avast and it detected some things in the windows folder some of which were files that I can t even access not hidden so it couldn t quarantine them I ran MBAM again and it detected something that it tried to fix but I don t know how much success it had This morning when I restarted my computer before startup I got an error message saying windows failed to start and that I would have to use a restore point so it used the one that ComboFix created and then I went ahead and used another restore point which was further ahead in time when I installed Avast last night so the PING EXEs were coming up again I used the same process of taking ownership of it and renaming it to stop it but I haven t restarted my computer since I did that and I still don t know what exactly caused windows to fail to start I really don t know what to do at this point I m giving this one last shot before I format and lose a bunch of data don t have enough space to backup everything hopefully someone can help me restore my sanity DDS Ver - - - NT... Read more

A:Google redirect/invisible iexplore.exe/invisible PING.EXE

Hello and Welcome to the forums!My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger:Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430760/google-redirectinvisible-iexploreexeinvisible-pingexe/
Relevancy 48.16%

OS Windows Okay this is the last thing I m going iexplore.exe/invisible PING.EXE redirect/invisible Google to attempt before I just give up and format so here goes A few days ago I was just browsing like I normally do every day and all of a sudden my firefox process was randomly killed My computer was acting REALLY Google redirect/invisible iexplore.exe/invisible PING.EXE strange giving me hard disc read errors and stuff and I immediately knew something was up I went to check in task manager to see what was going on but my access to task manager was cut off alt ctrl del menu didn t show task manager option and right clicking on the taskbar was greyed out I got access to taskmanager by pressing WindowsKey R and running taskman exe from there Once I got in I saw a number of different unknown processes just random numbers and letters that I didn t write down along with a bunch of iexplore exe that had no associated windows they were essentially hidden My start menu and desktop shortcuts were moved to some temp folder and I was getting redirects when I clicked on Google search results saw a number of different unknown processes just random numbers and letters that I didn t write down along with a bunch of iexplore exe that had no associated windows they were essentially hidden I don t exactly remember all of the steps I took to get normal access back but I remember most of what I did I booted into safe mode ran MBAM which detected a few things I think one was called FakeAgent I ran ComboFix which is what I assume gave my control back and seemingly stopped some of the things from happening Finally I wanted to be sure I had gotten rid of the problem so I looked for some more rootkit removal tools a couple I came across were FixTDSS and TDSSKiller I was being prevented from running TDSSKiller so I had to get a different version which I got off Kaspersky forum http forum kaspersky com index php showtopic and this version didn t detect anything I ran FixTDSS and it detected an infection in MBR so I restarted and it said it was gone Nothing came up on MBAM or GMER so I felt relatively safe Now I thought I was fine but it turns out that I was getting these invisible PING EXEs which were located at C windows syswow with the argument quot -t quot and no matter how many times I killed the process it would just keep coming back Using Process Explorer if I suspended the process it would just start a new one When I tried to move or rename the PING EXE I got an error message saying I didn t have privileges from TrustedInstaller The only way I was able to make them stop appearing was to manually go in and change the owner of the file to my user account give myself access and then I was able to rename it and this stopped them from showing up I know this doesn t exactly solve the problem but I was just trying to stop this thing from doing anything at this point I tried installing and scanning with Avast and it detected some things in the windows folder some of which were files that I can t even access not hidden so it couldn t quarantine them I ran MBAM again and it detected something that it tried to fix but I don t know how much success it had This morning when I restarted my computer before startup I got an error message saying windows failed to start and that I would have to use a restore point so it used the one that ComboFix created and then I went ahead and used another restore point which was further ahead in time when I installed Avast last night so the PING EXEs were coming up again I used the same process of taking ownership of it and renaming it to stop it but I haven t restarted my computer since I did that and I still don t know what exactly caused windows to fail to start I really don t know what to do at this point I m giving this one last shot before I format and lose a bunch of data don t have enough space to backup everything hopefully someone can help me restore my sanity Please let me know where to start providing you with mor... Read more

A:Google redirect/invisible iexplore.exe/invisible PING.EXE

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/430719/google-redirectinvisible-iexploreexeinvisible-pingexe/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi,

I am aware of the fact that when working with sensitive electronics it is necessary to ground onself.

I personally have a wire which I connect to the earth part of my plug socket that connects to a metal bracelet, to server this purpose.

But I always thought it was law that the metal case of a pc had to be grounded.

Therefore would it just be a matter of touching the case to discharge your electrostatic charge, or would you need to be continually touching it?

Also I was working on a friends pc today and noticed that just after I powered it down, the metal case made my fingers tingle with an obvious electrical charge. Is his pc not earthed correctly?

Relevancy 47.73%

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the write section the ask this question so if it isn't, please move it to the right section.

Anyways, I have a anti static wrist strap which has a alligator clip. The thing I don't understand is how would you be grounded by simply attaching the alligator clip to a bare metal part of the case? What if the case doesn't have any Power supply in it? What if the power supply is not plugged in? Do you have to have any computer components in the tower to have yourself grounded?
Also, where would you attach the alligator clip when you are working with laptops? Does the laptop have to have the charger plugged in?

I'm just confused about grounding myself and want to make sure I do it properly. Thanks!

A:Grounding Yourself

What you are doing when connecting the wrist strap to the computer case is bringing yourself to the potential (electrically) as the computer in doing so it eliminates the static charge carried by your body. The same thing can be achieved by connecting the alligator clip to a metal water pipe, though it is not wise to work on your computer with water present.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grounding-yourself.1095485/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm currently building a new computer. Before I even take any of the parts out of their ESD protective covers, I want to know how to properly ground myself.

Here's what I was thinking of doing: Plug the PSU into a power strip and turn both the power strip and the PSU off. Then I'll either maintain constant contact with either the PSU itself or some part of the metal case. Or I might buy a wrist strap.

My main problem is that almost every thread I read on the Internet about this subject seem to contradict each other. No one can seem to agree about how to ground yourself properly. I think if I just have the wrist strap attached to a piece of unpainted metal inside the case, have the PSU turned off but plugged into a power strip which is ALSO turned off, I should be fine.

What are your thoughts?

A:Grounding

Actually a proper "grounding" requires you to be connected (via wrist strap) to an earth stake in the ground (note this stake can be also connected to a terminal on your workbench via cable/wire)

But you also need your wrist strap tested and passed ISO requirements, and then the wrist strap labeled with a date, not less than 6 months old !

I'm not even going to talk about the anti-static mat, or standing on a rubber mat

So how officially grounded do you want to be?

It is suggested for the home user to disperse all residual electricity by first touching the non painted casing of the computer, power off first
And then not to move your shoes again, whilst handling electronic components
That should suffice

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grounding.127828/
Relevancy 47.73%

For some reason, my tower is highly susceptible to static discharge. In particular, whenever my 9 yr old daughter stands within 2 feet of my PC, it will instantly reboot!

This is not fun.

Any thoughts on improving grounding on the box? It runs on a dedicated electric circuit, three prong plugs yada yada.

A:Grounding a PC

You daughter is eating too many "apples"

If you have carpet try some anti static spray. Also you can check the ground on the receptacle.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/121794-grounding-pc.html
Relevancy 47.73%

what does it EXACTLY mean to "grounding yourself," and how do you go about doing it?

Relevancy 47.3%

Do any of you guys have any advice for grounding pads to put components on while you work on them?

For example, say a grounding pad that you put the motherboard on top of.

A:Grounding Pads

I usually just use the anti electrostatic wrapper that the mobo comes in.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grounding-pads.6753/
Relevancy 47.3%

Where, exactly, does the motherboard pick up its ground from? The mounting screws or the power supply?

A:Motherboard grounding?

From the power supply. With a 20 pin connector you have 7 ground leads in the connector, in a 24 pin connector you have 8 ground leads in the connector.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/motherboard-grounding.834045/
Relevancy 47.3%

okay, some of you know about the Lego computer, here is another thread about, sorry, but i am trying to make it a real computer now, have a 1.2 ghz celeron on the way.

Question. where should i ground the mother board, the case is plastic, so i need to probably run wires from something.

Point-The mobo is attached to a metal plate to allow for easy changing of mobo.

A:grounding plastic

You will have to ground to the outside case of the power supply, should work fine from the motherboard back plane

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grounding-plastic.209031/
Relevancy 47.3%

How?

Some say to unplug power, some to leave plugged in, touch this then that...Antistatic Wrist Strap?

Relevancy 47.3%

I ve had this problem off-and-on for a while but lately it seems to have grounding issues? gotten much worse It seems as if any static electricity transferred to the case or USB devices causes the computer to crash bluescreen reboot This at least to me would point to a case grounding issue that is its not grounded It had the same problem with a different PSU installed so its probably not that Anyone have a different grounding issues? idea or how to fix it Here s grounding issues? the event viewer log if the incident quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x f x x fd x fd x c a A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot Here s another one quot The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x f x x x cc x c a A dump was saved in C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp quot nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, its been one year almost since i bought my computer and its running a little hot - time for a clean I think.

Im told that I need to ground myself before I start cleaning my computer, I do not have a wrist band - but am willing to buy one if its needed.

What should I do to ground myself throughoughly without/without a wrist band so that I do not damage my computer?

Ps: I have been told previously to "touch any part of the case from the inside, and try to avoid working on carpets if possible" but Im not sure if this is completely adequate/ do i have to touch the inside at all times.

A:Grounding yourself before cleaning

As long as you do not move your feet
And confirm all power is removed
You can just touch the non-painted metal (inside the case) Once only
But if you do move yourself again, just touch the metal again (once)

By the way here is an excellent BenchTest guide

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grounding-yourself-before-cleaning.114196/
Relevancy 46.87%

A few days ago I payed for years license on is my invisible... and is computer, Something with Kaspersky Anti-Virus to remove some malware and adware off my computer after I ended up with a lot of stuff on my computer screwing up the Something is on my computer, and is invisible... entire system including disabling Windows Defender Now all day yesterday I had it scaning the entire computer including my external HDD for Something is on my computer, and is invisible... anything that is harmful and when it was completed there was so much malware I thought it was fixed Now today I went to try and add an add-on to World of Warcraft where it is located in my Program Files x folder and the thing wouldn t copy I was prompt with a message saying that I needed administation rights to place it I went and tried that same thing then got the same message Thing is I am the only user on my own computer and I should have full administative rights I restarted my computer and tried the same thing got the Something is on my computer, and is invisible... same message When I looked though the entire folder of my x Program Files I saw folders that looked like product keys but had nothing in it The same thing within my Program Files ProgramData and system folders I did another full scan with Kaspersky and there was still malware on my computer So I did the same process removed them restarted my computer and then did another scan this time kaspersky didn t pick up anything When I loaded firefox to look through Google at these issues all of a sudden I got a message from Windows asking for rights to install something I clicked no and then firefox all of a sudden came up with a message saying that the browser has an update would I like to update it At first I thought it was legit but then it was asking to also install rd-party software such a MPC Cleaner and all this other stuff and then I stopped it all before anything I redid another scan with Kaspersky and isn t finding anything Then just before I came on here another rd party program installed without me knowing about it and all of a sudden came up with ads on the top of my web browser But now I am confused on what to do Current OS I am using is Windows x nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/something-is-on-my-computer-and-is-invisible.1169932/
Relevancy 46.87%

I am running a small home network with the following Invisible Computer computers My Desktop Windows XP Pro SP My Wife s Desktop Windows XP Pro SP My step-daughter s Desktop Windows XP Pro SP My Laptop Windows XP Pro Invisible Computer SP My Wife s Laptop Windows XP Pro SP All the desktops and my laptop are hard-connected Cat e cable When she uses her laptop she typically uses its wireless but may use a cable if the wireless goes a little wonky Here s the issue I can share folders both ways Can see stuff from and can have my stuff seen from my desktop with every other computer except my wife s desktop Using her computer I can type in a network path to get to any of my shared folders but they won t show up in her quot My Network Places quot section Interestingly I cannot get to her computer s quot Shared quot folders through either my quot My Network Places quot interface or by typing in the path share address For example she wants a copy of a picture I have on my computer I cannot though quot My Network Places quot or by typing in her computer name and shared path put the picture on her computer But I can put it in my D drive A shared path and she can go into her explorer and type quot quot my PC Name quot D quot and the shared folder will pop-up fine so she can take the pic What could be the issue I ve installed different LAN access cards and installed and reinstalled the home network on her machine several times but nothing seems to do the trick Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I want to increase the RAM on my laptop and am unsure what I should connect a grounding wrist strap to to avoid ESD.

Does anyone know?

Thanks

Relevancy 46.87%

Okay I ve got this MSI grounding out? Motherboard constantly MSI FM -LSR board that refuses to stay on long enough to POST I have tryed known good working Motherboard constantly grounding out? RAM video card PSU amp CPU After plugging everything in I go to switch on the power supply on the Motherboard constantly grounding out? back of the unit then everything powers up by itself for about seconds then shuts off I tryed using the power button to power it back on after this happens but it does not respond Only way to get it to do this again is to switch off the PSU then switch on again then the same thing happens all over again I remounted the board twice in the case correctly won t work I even tryed it with the board sitting on a piece of cardboard Still nothing I have no idea what could be causing this since I ve tested everything else to be working good on different boards There s no visible physical damage on the board itself My only conclusions is that the board is toast or maybe the CPU s ghz Pentium FSB is unsupported but according the board s manual it should be supported Is this normal behavior on a motherboard with an unsupported processor installed Or is the board toast Help appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have put many pc s together They have all worked fine Now I seem to have fried my second amd x in an asus a n sli I have had all brass posts under at least mobos in washers mobo without Grounding this one case never used any fiber washers Never read any where in the installation books to do so No washers were provided in the screw kit I rma d the board and the processor and they worked fine for maybe two months Then while installing RC I got the boot error that there was a problem accessing the storage device I gradually stripped the system substituted all hardware The whole yds It powers up fans run memory activity led blinks once then absolutely nothing but the whirring of little blades There is no heat generated by the cpu Bottom line is to rma the processor again spending bucks to ship it to Holland But I would like to know if I have been committing some techno sin by not using washers somewhere over or under the board Dale nbsp

A:Grounding mobo without washers

The washers are just a safety thing in case the standoffs or screws don't align with the holes perfectly and touch a track that is routed too close to the holes.

Examine the mobo and see if there are any tracks running close to the mounting holes so that ascrew collar can short something. Make sure you don't have any metal standoffs attached to the case that don't have a corresponding mobo hole.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/grounding-mobo-without-washers.62465/
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently built a computer for someone and now when you push the power button it makes a zap noise and the acts likes its going to start then instantly shuts off leading me to the grounding problem now this is a re-occuring problem mind you this happened before and I put some silk rings around the bottoms of the gromet standoffs that the mobo rests on.

recently the problem came back as it works sometimes randomly and other times it grounds out. Does anyone happen to know of any similar instances and what they did to fix it? oh and the case is a Antec 900 and the mobo is a MSI P35 PLatinum LGA 775 and also YES I am aware that it shuts on/off on/off a few times and no this is nothing pertaining to that its the crappy BIOS MSI runs on this board that does that this is completely different from that.

thanks

A:Case grounding out my mobo

To start with, are you sure you put the stand-offs in the right mobo holes?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-grounding-out-my-mobo.109193/
Relevancy 46.44%

What happens if a computer becomes invisible at network?

A:invisible computer at network

I guess you can't see it.

If you have an issue here, you really need to tell us a lot more detail for any help to be offered.

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

What country are you located in.
Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
What is the expected Upstream/Downstream speed for your ISP Connection?
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Make and model of your computer.
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?

If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-computer-at-network.730043/
Relevancy 46.44%
Relevancy 46.44%

This is the most weird interesting and annoying problem that has been happening to my computer I don t even know if this is considered a virus trojan computer on Invisible my Directory worm spyware I have no clue what to classify this problem but hopefully someone Invisible Directory on my computer in this forum can help me I purchased my computer about - years ago I m currently a web developer and graphic designer so my computer is my career at the moment I own a Dell Dimension with Windows XP Home Edition just in case you needed to know what type of computer I own and the OS that s running on it I bought it with GBs in the hard drive I figure that would be enough for my business I bought all the programs that I needed and those programs took up collectively about GB of my hard drive space As a few years pass I get the little alert pop telling me that I m low in disk space I look at the File space and I had under MBs left of hard drive space This was a complete shock to me because all of the files for the websites that I built took up an average of - MB A lot of the print work took up way more and I also got into video editing and D modeling and animation which also took up some space so I just took it that all of my work files are taking up too much space I bought an external drive and stored all of the files in my portfolio on this external hard drive but it seemed that all it free was about GB worth of space Now I m storing everything on this external drive I m starting to notice that it takes about minutes to boot up my computer when usually it took about seconds As the months went by my hard drive space dropped to under MB again Now I m really confused I went on a forum and I began to ask a lot of question Someone told me to download a program called JDiskReport that gives you a full diagnostic of all the files that are on your computer They show you piecharts and things of that nature that will show which directory and files are taking up a lot of space I noticed that a lot of the space was being taken up by my Outlook and Internet Explorer especially the Internet Explorer There s a temporary cache folder that stored every single image video flash file basically all of the files from every single website that I have visited since I owned my computer Supposedly there was a bug in Internet Explorer The folder is suppose to automatically delete old files and only keep that folder to a certain size but the folder wasn t doing it s job I downloaded a patch that fixed this problem on the Microsoft website Now I have only GB of free space left All of my programs are running smooth as it did before but I was still a little skeptical that I m so low on hard drive space A few months later again I m down to under MBs of hard drive space I run another scan with the program JDiskReport It tells me that all of the files on my computer takes up GBs I have no clue what s taking up the other GBs An interesting thing that I noticed was that I have a program that actually allows me to look through directories on my computer It s like a more advance file browser and I noticed that I had a folder here C Uploads The wierd thing about this directory is that when I try to go there manually It doesn t exist I thought it was strange that this file browser tells me that this directory exists but yet I can t go there manual I even changed my view options to show all hidden files and folders and this folder still didn t show up I went back to that file browser program and I was able to open the directory from there and even when I click on the UP button in that folder it goes to my C directory and yet I can t see an Uploads folder in the C directory Inside of this Uploads folder was a ton of zip files Zip files all containing the set up files for applications I checked the same folder again about an hour later and about more zip files for programs were in this folder I deleted everything in this folder and it free about GBs This made me come to the... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

This is prob a noobie question but I m gonna piece a cpr together for the first time and would hate to fry any components I sure everyone knows what a bummer that would be I m reading the motherboard s user manual and it tells me to never leave case plugged when working with it otherwise you can damage the motherboard Now the wrist straps have you clipping it to the case and I read that this grounding question wrist straps about will work as long as the case is plugged in and therefore is grounded My question is can I still fry my question about grounding wrist straps motherboard using my strap while leaving the case unplugged I searched this site and question about grounding wrist straps found someone saying that grounding isn t important As long as you and the computer is at the same potential no electrical static discharge will occur And that s what the strap will do whether the case is plugged into an electrical outlet or not I would link it but I m not sure how to do it But if interested I used the search feature to search for wrist strap It s a thread named antistatic started by keriann The post was from raybro Another question I ve been around a few techies and not one ever cared about ESD They just work with the inside like it was nothing Who actually uses something to prevent ESD and who do not use anything nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Greetings I am new to computer construction and am in need of some answers I just purchased a new psu cpu vga and mobo to upgrade my current setup Actually the only things I m keeping from my old system are my CD drive DVD drive and HDD Now onto my dilemna I bolted everything into place and secured all power cables to their respective slots on my periphials cd dvd and hdd and connected my pin IDE cables into their respective periphials again cd dvd and hdd When I throw the switch supply power my fans kick on and my is power? periphial or grounding IDE my cutting built in temp monitor in the front kicks on but my hdd cd and dvd don t Why is this happening How can I remedy the situation Specs PSU-Xclio goodpower w CPU-AMD Athlon xp MOBO-Asrock dual sata HDD- not sata sataII Samsung gb RAM-PNY pin pc mb amp Samsung pin pc mb VGA-Nvidia xt ps if this is in IDE is cutting or grounding my periphial power? the wrong forum let me know Also if I need to supply any more information please let me know nbsp

A:IDE is cutting or grounding my periphial power?

it sounds like:

1. your RAM is damaged, improperly installed, or incompatible -try booting with just 1 stick of RAM (try them each seperately)

2. your mobo is shorting out -make sure that you only put standoffs where they belong. this is a common first time builder's mistake. remove the mobo and table test it to rule out this possibility.

3. your PSU or MOBO is dead, but it is more likely to be #1 or #2

BTW.... you have an Athlon64, not an AthlonXP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ide-is-cutting-or-grounding-my-periphial-power.48754/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to help a good friend remove virtumondo or some such adware teenager a from Save Solved: grounding virus spyware from her machine She is getting lots of pop-ups etc She and her husband think the teenage son is the culprit One problem I am staying at a hotel in there town I met them through the church I attend while I am here building a project Anyway the hotel I am in is a wireless connection and her computer is set up for dsl cable connection SInce I have her computer in my room I have to transfer any exe type files via thumb drive I am not a computer pro but they were having problems removing this stinker and I volunteered my services Anyway I have tried vundofix v and Symantic Vundo removal tool Solved: Save a teenager from grounding v - The Vundo removal tool found nothing and Vundo fix finds a file named vtsqr dll removes it restarts the computer and when run again it finds the same file I also tried them in safe mode disabled system restore Same results Your help will be appreciated not only by me but byu the teenager who is definitely in the DOG HOUSE HJT Log file copied below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Google Google Updater GoogleUpdater exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpobnz exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpotdd exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpoevm exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Bin hpoSTS exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run dla C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe O - HKLM Run DVDSentry C WINDOWS System DSentry exe O - HKLM Run PCMService quot C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run mmtask C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH ... Read more

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi. Does anybody explain to me the correct way to ground a 8p metal ethernet switch that is powered with a bipolar AC adapter?
Thanks!

A:grounding a metal ethernet switch

How old is this equipment that it does not have internal grounding on the IEC jack?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/grounding-a-metal-ethernet-switch.988431/
Relevancy 46.44%

My laptop's metal case would give me an occasional zap if I come close enough to it. I am not particularly worried about my health because after sufficient reading I have come to the conclusion the voltage is not large enough to hurt me seriously. I am however worried about the laptop's and my audio equipment's health. Plugging in a condenser mic through my usb interface leads to fair amount of low frequency noise as well as some harmonics. I have been advised to go to a service shop but I personally do not trust any service shops in my country for hardware issues (based on past experience). Is there way way to solve this issue at home WITHOUT spending any more money? I've already paid for a laptop and equipment...I am not going to pay Toshiba for support after they screwed up

Relevancy 46.44%

But I can't seem to figure this one out, as there are no screws or other conducting materials
inside the case and all the mounting spacers are in there fine. I guess just bounce some ideas off me and I'll try them out. I was thinking of getting some small paper or plastic washers and putting them on top of the spacers and seeing if that would work.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have no idea what my Dell is infected with I have read some previous posts about similar problems with random ads playing in the background during computer usage I tried a few of the removal techniques but none have worked for me I have a Dell Inspiron Random Computer Plays Invisible Ads My and I am running on Windows XP Whenever I get on my computer and my volume is turned on I hear random commercials and advertisments playing in the background I cannot see any other windows open other than the ones I am My Computer Plays Random Invisible Ads using and I cannot find anything in my task manager either This has been a problem I've been dealing with for a while thanks in advance for helping me solve it DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Junia at on - - Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Motive pcServiceHost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Windows system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files ATT-SST pcTrayApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Users Junia AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP HP Deskjet A J series Bin ScanToPCActivationApp exe C Users Junia AppData Roaming Search Protection SearchProtection exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Norton PC Checkup Engine SymcPCCULaunchSvc exe C Program Files Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MpCmdRun exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MpCmdRun exe C Program Files ATT-SST pcBrowser exe C Program Files ATT-SST pcBrowser exe C Windows system WerFault exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows System svchost exe -k netsvcs Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp search yahoo com type amp fr spigot-yhp-ie uProxyOverride lt local gt local uURLSearchHooks YTNavAssistPlugin Class EA - AA - A A- - AF E D F - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mURLSearchHooks e c a b - - d -a - b ebcd - lt orphaned gt BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper D -C F - efb- B - ECA - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - F - D - - D F - c progr... Read more

A:My Computer Plays Random Invisible Ads

Hello  lordj,
Sorry for the delay.

Please download TDSSKiller from here: http://media.kaspersky.com/utilities/VirusUtilities/EN/tdsskiller.exe

Let it run, and if there is anything found, click "cure", then reboot your computer. Please post the report it gives you in your reply.

Please also let me know how your comouter is running now.

Thanks,
tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511498/my-computer-plays-random-invisible-ads/
Relevancy 46.01%

When I plug my Pocket Drives in the USB ports on my Compaq desktop, I hear the Windows sound indicating that the USB drive has been recognized and connected, but the icon is not visible in the "My Computer" window. The USB device is, however, visible through "Computer Management/Disk Management".

I am able to access the USB Mass Storage device by first determining the drive letter (thru Disk Management), then using the Run command to open the USB drive.

I sure would like to turn off the cloaking device on my Pocket Drives. Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

TechCall
Greenville, SC

A:USB Pocket Drives invisible on XP's My Computer

hi have you loaded the drivers from the cd that came with it, because that should then put the icons in "my computer" then you should be able to do what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23039/usb-pocket-drives-invisible-on-xps-my-computer/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey everyone sorry to use up your time but I ve problem with Possible speakers Inspire grounding t7700 had a really strange problem with my Creative Inspire T speakers It s a setup but I just use six speakers with splitters set up on the front side and rear inputs my laptop only has one output THE FAIRLY NORMAL PART I d unplugged the input cable a -to- mm stereo jack cable to use for something else Possible grounding problem with Inspire t7700 speakers and when I plugged it back in the speakers were incredibly quiet and the bass had completely dropped I usually put a splitter on two of the jacks using same ones as before and plug the other ends into the front and side inputs I ve now found I had to put the one usually reserved for the side input into the direct subwoofer input in order to get any bass Even with this setup however it is only the lowest bass that comes through The whole upper-bass low-mid-range section is as quiet as before THE WEIRD PART I had the splitter plugged into my iPod and noticed that if I touched the metal casing of the iPod the speakers buzzed in the same way as if you touch a bare jack the hum if it gets pulled out partway or if you touch the strings on a guitar plugged into a cheap amp Plugged into my laptop it buzzed even worse drowning out music even at full laptop volume I ve never come across anything like this and couldn t find anything on the internet I m aware I m probably just going to have to replace the speakers but I m curious to know what could have caused this Many thanks Jack nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-grounding-problem-with-inspire-t7700-speakers.163253/
Relevancy 45.58%

Yesterday my XP Pro SP system lagged dramatically and then displayed a taskbar message that said quot Critical Error - Damaged hard drive clusters detected Private data is at risk quot I figured this was malware but couldn t find anything in task manager that looked out of the ordinary in applications or processes to end task on So I restarted the computer When I did about half of my desktop icons were gone and my IE favorites were gone as well Upon further inspection my Desktop (there, but Invisible Icons invisible) favorites folder was actually gone from my user profile in windows explorer The other user profiles were fine In windows explorer I typed in the address location of my user profile s favorite folder c documents and settings username favorites and BLAM the favorites folder instantly appeared in the tree The quot hidden quot properties attribute had been checked and unchecking brought back all my favorites So my favorites are back Malwarebytes and Windows Security Essentials both showed no infection Invisible Desktop Icons (there, but invisible) on full scans So I ran offline hardware diagnostics on the hard drive just to make sure there wasn t a problem with it It passed all tests But I m still missing some desktop icons I don t remember all the icons that have vanished but if I try to recreate a url shorcut that can t be seen on the desktop or in windows explorer under ANY profile windows balks and says the filename already exists I can recreate the shortcut under another name without issue but trying to rename it to the name of the shortcut that is no longer there windows again tells me the filename already exists I can also recreate it in other locations root of c for example But on the desktop where it vanished from the filename exists Doing a windows search for the file name turns up nothing and it can t be seen anywhere in the system Any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello to all I have a strange situation that i couldn t find in the other topics Sorry if i missed it out somewhere We are in an office having computers amount packets certain after invisible/unreachable computer of connected through a Linksys WRT G GS GL We have one computer which is the storage for all our work files All the internal ip s are taken through DHCP The router have a static IP and all the internet goes through it Everything works really fine until a certain moment when some of the computers not the storage one is unable to connect to the storage computer I noticed that this happens when a lot of packets has been sent received on the storage pc When repairing the network connection problem still exists When disable- gt enable the connection the packets are back to and then everything works fine again Is the problem in the storage computer or in the router computer invisible/unreachable after certain amount of packets The storage computer is a windows XP SP P GHZ GB Ram Does anyone know of a patch or something to fix this issue Thanks in advance nbsp

A:computer invisible/unreachable after certain amount of packets

It's not the router, it has no effect on internal LAN traffic. That sounds like something with your "storage computer". I have no idea what is going on there, but I'd be looking at applications running at startup first.

What kind of numbers for packet counts are you seeing when the problem occurs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-invisible-unreachable-after-certain-amount-of-packets.831656/
Relevancy 45.58%

Folks,

I have several computers on a homegroup network. I also have a Denon amp networked into the same network.

Three of the computers (and their windows media files) are available to the Denon amp through its menu functions. I can access them and play their playlists. (It's a Denon 3312Ci; all network functions for it seem good.)

A fourth computer is invisible to the Denon. (I've been to the a/v websites. They all say to go to a windows network website. LOL!) The fourth computer happens to have 90% of my music on it. It is my "main" computer.

Something is obviously configured differently with that one. How do I even begin to find out what it is?

(ALL other network functionality seems to be good. I've got the Denon amp on a fixed IP address within my network.)

Thank you.

Ken

A:One networked computer invisible to my network stereo amp

Quote: Originally Posted by iamc3k

Folks,

I have several computers on a homegroup network. I also have a Denon amp networked into the same network.

Three of the computers (and their windows media files) are available to the Denon amp through its menu functions. I can access them and play their playlists. (It's a Denon 3312Ci; all network functions for it seem good.)

A fourth computer is invisible to the Denon. (I've been to the a/v websites. They all say to go to a windows network website. LOL!) The fourth computer happens to have 90% of my music on it. It is my "main" computer.

Something is obviously configured differently with that one. How do I even begin to find out what it is?

(ALL other network functionality seems to be good. I've got the Denon amp on a fixed IP address within my network.)

Thank you.

Ken

In the advanced sharing settings at the Network and Sharing Center, make sure that Network Discovery and File and Printer Sharing etc. are turned on.

If there is a third party anti virus software installed then you may need to configure it for access.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/323147-one-networked-computer-invisible-my-network-stereo-amp.html
Relevancy 45.58%

HIJACK THIS Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT System WBEM computer! my on mysterious help! trojan + popup invisible WinMgmt exe help! mysterious popup + invisible trojan on my computer! C WINNT System mspmspsv exe C WINNT System xl exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System atiptaxx exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINNT loadqm exe C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X -X exe C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X -X exe C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp help! mysterious popup + invisible trojan on my computer! exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe C WINNT System dvpacka exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C PROGRA WinZip winzip exe C DOCUME soe LOCALS Temp HijackThis exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rndal exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB rndal exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www globeandmail com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows help! mysterious popup + invisible trojan on my computer! CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c winnt googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c winnt googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run AtiPTA atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB evntsvc exe -osboot O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X -X Button Monitor C PROGRA LEXMAR ACMonitor X -X exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X -X Button Manager C PROGRA LEXMAR AcBtnMgr X -X exe O - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe O - HKLM Run EasyMessage C Program Files Easy Message em exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run dvpacka C WINNT System dvpacka exe O - Startup SpywareGuard lnk C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c winnt GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c winnt GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c winnt GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c winnt GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c winnt ... Read more

A:help! mysterious popup + invisible trojan on my computer!

Go Here http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html

Download SpyBot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware Se Update and do a scan with both getting rid of all they find

Doia scan with Housecall and Panda

Post another Hijack This log here after doing ALL the above

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-mysterious-popup-invisible-trojan-on-my-computer.305526/
Relevancy 45.15%

Never really put much thought into this until now Electrical physics is definitively not my thing I m gonna slap together a PC without a case using it as a multimedia PC on my quot sony LCD TV as a monitor in my living room Planning on just screwing everything to a small sheet of plywood Gonna do my mounting BYOPC / noise grounding - / motherboard question beta build and set it up on a piece of cardboard until i get my layout the way i like it But the question is do the motherboard mounting holes screws and stand offs need to have a metal contact like a metal case build does On most all board mounting holes i ever seen they have the small dots or solder around the holes that make contact with the mounting screws my only thought is that when the mounting screws are put on they make contact with these small blobs of solder creating contact with the metal stand-offs And in that same process would be also making contact with the metal case behind it kinda get what im saying Sorry my camera is broke Just wanted to throw this out there before i drive myself nuts hunting down some mystery noise or interference because the MB is not making proper contact with the case and PSU like a BYOPC - motherboard mounting / noise / grounding question normal metal case would Obviously im not talking about shorting out or making contact with any other part of the board pins or solder points simply the mounting hole area Also any other suggestions on a plywood build be welcome I came across a pic a long while back of a guy that built a PC and mounted everything to a sheet of plywood and stuck it on the wall over the monitor ofcourse i cant find the pic online now But basically thats what im going for Thanks for reading nbsp

A:BYOPC - motherboard mounting / noise / grounding question

squeezin said:

I came across a pic a long while back of a guy that built a PC, and mounted everything to a sheet of plywood and stuck it on the wall over the monitor... Click to expand...
Yeah, I've seen those before. Sorry, but....ewww

As long as everything is grounded, you should be okay.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/byopc-motherboard-mounting-noise-grounding-question.1020528/
Relevancy 44.72%

In a magic trick that only geeks can pull off, researchers at MIT have found a method to let users click and scroll exactly the same way they would with a computer mouse, without the device actually being there.

Cup your palm, move it around on a table and a cursor on the screen hovers. Tap on the table like you would click a real mouse, and the computer responds. It?s one step beyond cordless. It?s an invisible mouse.

Poof! After Wireless, the Computer Mouse Turns Invisible | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

A:Poof! After Wireless, the Computer Mouse Turns Invisible

Originally Posted by echrada

In a magic trick that only geeks can pull off, researchers at MIT have found a method to let users click and scroll exactly the same way they would with a computer mouse, without the device actually being there.

Cup your palm, move it around on a table and a cursor on the screen hovers. Tap on the table like you would click a real mouse, and the computer responds. It’s one step beyond cordless. It’s an invisible mouse.

Poof! After Wireless, the Computer Mouse Turns Invisible | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

:ROFLMAO:It looks like fun, thanks for that Lesley.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/839-poof-after-wireless-computer-mouse-turns-invisible.html
Relevancy 44.72%

the audio cd plays fine in my TV DVD combo but when I insert it in computer's CD drive nothing happens. it seems cd-drive doesn't even try to read the disk.

I can't see any sign of copy protection on the CD, so I doubt that the problem is caused by any copy protection stuff.

I tried opening the CD with Nero6, CloneCD and they showed nothing in the drive.
any advice would be appreciated.

<<< System Summary >>>

> DVD-Rom Drive : TEAC DW-224E

> Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2

> DirectX : Version 9.0c

A:Audio-CD invisible to computer, but plays in standalone player

Howdy,

In some cases it will not recognize a certain CD.......you could try it in another PC?

Got all Nero updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/audio-cd-invisible-to-computer-but-plays-in-standalone-player.531022/
Relevancy 44.72%

So when I make an invisible icon, it is fine until I restart my computer then it turns black, of before restart and after. Anyone got a fix for this problem?

A:Invisible Icon Turning Black After Computer Restart

Upload a copy of the icon for people to test please.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/32600-invisible-icon-turning-black-after-computer-restart.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I have tried running my McAfee Virus Scanner but nothing harmful shows up in the scan But I have been dealing with annoying invisible popups every time I am logged into my laptop Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel computer.. remove help my popups! harmful files/programs on any me Please invisible Family Model Stepping Processor Count Please help me remove any harmful files/programs on my computer.. invisible popups! RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Please help me remove any harmful files/programs on my computer.. invisible popups! Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc NJT Antivirus McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Updated and Enabled Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x ManyCam Bin ManyCam exe C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Dell Webcam Dell Webcam Central WebcamDell exe C Program Files x Creative ShareDLL CADI NotiMan exe C Program Files x Cyberlink PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe C Program Files x Cyberlink Shared files brs exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth BTPlayerCtrl exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Nero SyncUP SyncUP exe C Program Files x Nero SyncUP Nero AndroidServer exe C Program Files x Roxio OEM Roxio Burn Roxio Burn exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Users Rebecca Documents Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO CrossriderApp - - - - - - C Program Files x Vid-Saver Vid-Saver dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Go... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-remove-any-harmful-files-programs-on-my-computer-invisible-popups.1064101/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there So in April I decided to go all in on an Alienware which I use for business and pleasure After a couple weeks I started noticing the computer would not wake from sleep - after on BSOD long reset Hard periods needed computer Invisible wake during extended times such as over night I would simply close the lid at night and open it in the morning where Invisible BSOD on computer wake after long periods - Hard reset needed the HDD light would come on and then the computer would be frozen in a state with a black screen before bootup where I am forced to hold the power button down to reset It would then tell me that the computer was Invisible BSOD on computer wake after long periods - Hard reset needed shut down incorrectly etc I finally had Dell tech support work on it who were absolutely fantastic at the time They went through all kinds of system setting changes including how the computer sleeps updated video and MANY other drivers including a reinstall of windows Problem persisted Next they sent a tech out to replace the Video cards problem persisted Next they replaced the HDD's motherboard and video cards again problem persisted They were completely stumped so they sent me a brand new system which is even better than the last one I had After a few days I noticed this system is doing the exact same thing I called tech support and the original guy is now in another department so I'm dealing with a new guy now who is starting from scratch again with this system I spoke with their manager as this guy wanted to reset the computer to factory again and he also suggested that they are sure that a reinstall of windows or an alien respawn they call it would solve my issue I tried to explain to them that this would be the third run of windows and I can't logically see why it is going to solve the issue now This is why I am now reaching out to this community This is a business computer as well so I don't really find it optimal to keep wiping it clean as I'm sure you can understand The strange thing is that times out of when I wake the computer in the morning it will be completely locked up and I have to hard reset so it doesn't do it all the time Even stranger is the fact that I have only managed to capture dump files that seem to be triggered from this event So for some reason it is not always creating a dump file but each and every time it says the computer was shut down incorrectly I look forward to anyone being able to shed some light on this as the entire team at Dell seems to be stumped Stevieb

A:Invisible BSOD on computer wake after long periods - Hard reset needed

Welcome to 7F.

Your dumps ared indicating a device driver as being the problem but none are showing.

Driver Verifier will stress your drivers and cause BSODs if any fail and will flag them up in the dump files. Follow this tutorial to enable/disable it. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Information
Enable Driver Verifier but only enable these options:
Standard settings and IRP logging step 3.
Don't enable Force Pending I/O Requests

Warning
Make a System Restore point before enabling Driver Verifier.

Note
Your system will act very sluggishly while DV is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349752-invisible-bsod-computer-wake-after-long-periods-hard-reset-needed.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Just recently my computer started acting very strangely It's not running any slower or anything but anytime I leave my computer alone for a certain period of time it auto-spawns pop-up windows And often times when I'm "invisible" auto-spawning Computer popups actually on my computer It'll play the sound from one of those quot talking pop-ups quot the ones that make sounds Here's the HijackThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe C Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor Computer auto-spawning "invisible" popups WUSB GC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll file missing O - Toolbar no name - D - F - - B- D E ABE - no file O - HKLM Run ISUSPM quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -scheduler O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run AppleSyncNotifier C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleSyncNotifier exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce RunNarrator Narrator exe User 'Default user' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button PalTalk - EAFEF -EEFA- - D- B BCBFFFE - C Program Files Paltalk Messenger Pa... Read more

A:Computer auto-spawning "invisible" popups

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Apologies for the long delay in response. We have a large number of HijackThis logs to handle and it?s taking us longer to catch up. If you haven?t received help elsewhere already and still require assistance please perform the following:Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your desktop.
Double click RSIT.exe to start the tool and click Continue at the disclaimer.
When the scan completes it will open a log named log.txt maximized, and a log named info.txt minimized.
Copy (Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C) and paste (Ctrl+V) the contents of log.txt here.
Please attach info.txt to your post.
To attach a file to a new post, simplyClick the[Manage Attachments] button under Additional Options > Attach Files on the post composition page, and
copy and paste the following into the "Upload File from your Computer" box:C:\rsit\info.txt

Click Upload.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-auto-spawning-invisible-popups-289786.html
Relevancy 34.83%

A few months ago my husband started having issues with his computer it started with the screen not coming on he would turn the computer on but it wouldn't give a signal to the screen mouse or keyboard and he would have to force restart numerous times in order to get it to come on Then he got a blue screen of death at one point which escalated to the computer randomly shutting off if I remember correctly he was usually playing minecraft when it shut off After a while windows would no longer load and he would get a screen with options for system restore check for memory issues etc can't remember the other options but there were a few He had tried to do a system restore but he wouldn't work at that point he gave up The other day Wednesday we lost power for a few hours and when the power came back on his computer not if stay windows issue on, computer Computer sure won't or started and I Computer won't stay on, not sure if windows issue or computer was able to successfully do a system restore back to which was probably right before Computer won't stay on, not sure if windows issue or computer the computer stopped working It was working fine until last night it started shutting itself off again and when I try to do a system restore I get an error which I will attach a pic of I was able to get the computer started in safemode but it still gave me the system restore error after it loaded I have no idea if this is an issues with windows being corrupted or if it's an issue with something else with his computer or maybe a virus issue so please move the topic if you feel it's not a windows issue I just figured with the restore issue this was the most logical place to post Thank you ETA computer is an HP Pavilion this one to be exact http www amazon com gp product B FW DIG ref oh aui search detailpage ie UTF amp psc Hard drive crashed and was replaced about a year ago can't remember exactly when and we had to buy a new windows disc for it we installed windows home bit I believe ETA again Just looked at this computer and there was a few graphics card errors it seems but computer is not connected to the internet safemode so I can't view message details and I'm scared if I try to start the computer in regular mode I won't be able to get on again

A:Computer won't stay on, not sure if windows issue or computer

You can always do things to fix it, and some people might reply and tell you what things you can do, but I would just back up my files and reinstall windows fresh, formatting the drive in the process (which will destroy all your old files).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552537/computer-wont-stay-on-not-sure-if-windows-issue-or-computer/
Relevancy 33.97%

i found someone others to have pop ups!!! invisible the invisible pop ups!!! same problem on here of invisible pop ups voices saying quot you ve just won gift card to wal mart quot etc the responses asked the user to download combo fix i have and here is my log i hope my system is clean ComboFix - - - Joshua - - - NTFSx Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running from C Documents and invisible pop ups!!! Settings Joshua Desktop ComboFax exe Created a new restore point WARNING -THIS MACHINE DOES NOT HAVE THE RECOVERY CONSOLE INSTALLED invisible pop ups!!! Other Deletions C Documents and Settings Joshua Application Data macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects XG J NKJ interclick com C Documents and Settings Joshua Application Data macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects XG J NKJ interclick com ud sol C Documents and Settings Joshua Application Data macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys interclick com C Documents and Settings Joshua Application Data macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys interclick com settings sol C Documents and Settings Joshua Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Joshua Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Joshua Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Joshua Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Joshua Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Joshua Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings Joshua Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings NetworkService Application Data macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects BUEGEKHX interclick com C Documents and Settings NetworkService Application Data macromedia Flash Player SharedObjects BUEGEKHX interclick com ud sol C Documents and Settings NetworkService Application Data macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys interclick com C Documents and Settings NetworkService Application Data macromedia Flash Player macromedia com support flashplayer sys interclick com settings sol C Documents and Settings NetworkService Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings NetworkService Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings NetworkService Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings NetworkService Cookies email protected txt C Documents and Settings NetworkService Cookies email protected txt Drivers Services ------- Legacy ODBCASVC ------- Service odbcasvc Files Created from - - to - - - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files iPod - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Bonjour - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files SpeedswitchXP - - - - --a------ C WINNT nsreg dat - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Spybot - Search amp Destroy - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Administrator Application Data U - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Administrator Application Data Intel - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings Administrator - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Lavasoft - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data Lavasoft - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Program Files Common Files Wise Installation Wizard - - - - --a------ C WINNT system mHe yw exe a a - - - - lt DIR gt d-------- C Documents and Settings NetworkService Application Data Yahoo - - - - --a------ C WINNT system mHe yw exe - - - - --a------ C WINNT system mHe yw exe - - - - --a------ C WINNT system qa UMrp exe - - - - --a------ C WINNT system qa UMrp exe a a - - - - -ra------ C WINNT system drivers sscdmdm sys - - - - -ra------ C WINNT system drivers sscdserd sys - - - - -ra------ C WINNT system drivers sscdbus sys - - - - -ra------ C WINNT system drivers sscdmdfl sys - - - - -ra------ C WINNT system drivers sscdwhnt sys - - - - -ra------ C WINNT system drivers sscdwh sys - - - - -ra------ C WINNT system drivers sscdcmnt sys - ... Read more

A:invisible pop ups!!!

this time i did it w/ the recovery console installed.
please help!

ComboFix 08-08-21.02 - Joshua 2008-08-22 23:16:01.2 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.261 [GMT -7:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Joshua\Desktop\ComboFax.exe
Command switches used :: C:\Documents and Settings\Joshua\Desktop\WindowsXP-KB310994-SP2-Home-BootDisk-ENU.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\BUEGEKHX\interclick.com
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\BUEGEKHX\interclick.com\ud.sol
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#interclick.com\settings.sol
C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-07-23 to 2008-08-23 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

2008-08-22 12:01 . 2008-08-22 12:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\iPod
2008-08-22 11:58 . 2008-08-22 11:58 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Bonjour
2008-08-21 22:52 . 2008-08-21 22:52 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\SpeedswitchXP
2008-08-21 18:23 . 2008-08-21 18:23 0 --a------ C:\WINNT\nsreg.dat
2008-08-19 23:14 . 2008-08-19 23:15 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-08-19 23:14 . 2008-08-20 00:28 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy
2008-08-19 22:56 . 2007-11-08 23:26 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\U3
2008-08-19 22:56 . 2007-11-08 23:11 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Intel
2008-08-19 22:56 . 2008-08-19 22:56 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator
2008-08-19 01:12 . 2008-08-19 01:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Lavasoft
2008-08-19 01:12 . 2008-08-19 01:12 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Lavasoft
2008-08-19 01:11 . 2008-08-19 01:11 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard
2008-08-15 17:14 . 2008-08-15 17:14 0 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\mHe782yw.exe.a_a
2008-08-15 11:01 . 2008-08-15 11:01 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data\Yahoo!
2008-08-15 01:48 . 2008-08-22 17:12 81,922 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\mHe782yw.exe_
2008-08-15 01:48 . 2008-08-22 23:13 81,922 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\mHe782yw.exe
2008-08-15 01:33 . 2008-08-15 01:32 29,760 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\qa23UMrp.exe
2008-08-15 01:33 . 2008-08-15 01:33 0 --a------ C:\WINNT\system32\qa23UMrp.exe.a_a
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 17:58 106,792 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdmdm.sys
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 17:59 86,824 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdserd.sys
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 17:54 80,552 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdbus.sys
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 17:57 11,944 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdmdfl.sys
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 18:00 9,256 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdwhnt.sys
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 18:00 9,256 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdwh.sys
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 17:56 9,256 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdcmnt.sys
2008-08-08 16:28 . 2007-07-03 17:56 9,256 -ra------ C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\sscdcm.sys
2008-08-07 01:14 . 2008-08-07 01:14 <DIR> d-------- C:\Documents and Settings\Joshua\Application Data\Smith Micro
2008-08-07 01:13 . 2008-08-07 01:13 <DIR> d-------- C:\Program Files\Samsung
2008-08-07 01:11 . 2008-08-08 16:31 <DIR> d-------- C... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-pop-ups.742691/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I am recently getting invisible ads there are no windows open but I hear commercials in the background and do not know how to stop them Invisible Ads? I have run malwarebytes ccleaner Microsoft essentials and tssds killer Still not fixing it Any suggestions please Thank you here is my DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by blevins at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - Invisible Ads? AV Invisible Ads? Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated E - ED- F -A - BCB F SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spybot - Search and Destroy Enabled Outdated BC DF - CCA- D-A -C CA F A B SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated DF E - D - BB- B - D E BFDE Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSAmpPalService exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k bthsvcs C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSSecurityMgr exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamservice exe c PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exe C ProgramData MediaDev mediadev exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files x MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld exe C Windows PhoneMyPC Helper exe C Windows PhoneMyPC exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C ProgramData UpdateServer webdev exe C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon iFrmewrk exe C Program Files x STMicroelectronics AccelerometerP FF Protection exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Users blevins AppData Local Skillbrains lightshot Lightshot exe C Users blevins AppData Roaming Spotify Data SpotifyWebHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Users blevins AppData Roaming VERIZON UA ar UA exe C Program Files x NEC Electronics USB Host Controller Driver Application nusb mon exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IEXPLOR... Read more

A:Invisible Ads?

Hi Rcpd0715Please take note of the following:1. Please do not run any other tools unless instructed.2. Please don't install or uninstall anything unless asked.3. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean.4. If there's anything that you don't understand, please ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes.5. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.I am recently getting invisible ads. there are no windows open, but I hear commercials in the background and do not know how to stop them.It sounds as though a particular file may have been patched.This will tell us.For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.Double-click the downloaded icon to run the tool. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As AdministratorWhen the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Make sure that Addition.txt is selected at the bottomPress Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it also makes another log (Addition.txt). Please copy and paste it to your reply also.AlsoPlease re-run FRST again, but this time type the following in the edit box after Search: rpcss.dllClick the Search File(s) buttonIt will make a log (Search.txt)- please post this report along with the other 2 FRST reports.In your next reply, please submit:Both reports from FRSTand also the Search.txtThanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538026/invisible-ads/
Relevancy 33.97%

My university currently does not allow the setup of personal wireless networks on their network. However, I want to make my laptop wireless. Would the network admin be able to tell that a WAP is in place? Is there a way to make the WAP invisible from the admin's end (aka make it appear that the ethernet is connected directly to my ethernet card?

A:Invisible WAP

"My university currently does not allow the setup of personal wireless networks on their network."

That's really about all you need to know about it. If you want to further your education read this forum's rules again (expecially about not asking for nor offering help with illegal activities.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-wap.606347/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I am recently getting invisible ads. there are no windows open, but I hear commercials in the background and do not know how to stop them. I have run malwarebytes, ccleaner, Microsoft essentials and tssds killer? Still not fixing it...Any suggestions please? Thank you

A:Invisible ads?

It's a virus infection. Run DDS, create a topic in the Malware Removal Logs forum, and post the logs per instructions.

Download and Run DDS which will create a log of programs running on your computer.
Download DDS from the following location:DDS Tool Download Link
When you click on the above link you will see be brought to a download page. Please click on the Download Now button and a download prompt similar to Figure 1 below.

Figure 1: DDS Save File dialog box
Click on the Save button. You will now be presented with ascreen similar to Figure 2 below asking where you would liketo save the file.

Figure 2: Save dds.com to the desktop
Click once on the Desktop button, designated by the red arrow in thefigure above, to save the file to your Desktop and then press theSave button. Your computer will now download the file toyour computer and save it on your Desktop. When it is donedownloading you will now find an icon on your desktop that lookslike Figure 3 below.

Figure 3: DDS Icon
Disable any script-blocking programs and then double-click on the DDS.com icon to start the program. If you did not disable a script-blocker that may be part of your antimalware program, you may receive a warning from your antimalware product asking if you would like DDS.com to run. Please allow it to do so.
Once you double-click the icon a Windows security warning may also appear asking if you are sure you would like to run the program. This warning is shown in Figure 4 below.

Figure 4: Windows security warning
Click on the Run button to start DDS. If no warning appeared, as shown above, then you should just continue reading.
DDS will now display a red window with an option screen called DDS: Settings as shown below.

Figure 5. DDS: Settings screen
At the above screen, put a check mark in attach.txt and then click on the Start button. You will now see a small black window providing information as to what DDS is doing on your computer as shown in Figure 6 below.

Figure 6: DDS information screen
DDS will now start scanning your computer and compiling a variety of information about what programs are starting on your computer, what files have been recently created, and the general configuration of your computer. When DDS has finished scanning, all of this information will be compiled and be displayed in two Notepad windows named dds.txt and attach.txt as shown below.

Figure 7: DDS.txt Notepad windowFigure 8: Attach.txt Notepad window

You will then be shown a small box giving instructions as to what you should do with these files. Feel free to close this message box by pressing the OK button.
We now need to save the two log files that were created. First click on the DDS.txt window and click on the File menu and then select Save As... menu option. You will now be presented with a screen similar to Figure 9 below asking where you would like to save the file.

Figure 9: Save DDS.txt to the desktop
Click once on the Desktop button, designated by the red arrow in the figure above, to save the file to your Desktop and then press the Save button. The DDS.txt log will now be saved to your Desktop. Now click on the Attach.txt Notepad window and perform the same steps to save that file to your Desktop as well. When this is finished, please continue to the next step. If you have any problems running DDS or generating a log, then please proceed to the next step and state what problems you had with DDS when creating your malware help topic.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538024/invisible-ads/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I don pop-ups Invisible t know that much about Invisible pop-ups computers so please bear with me I use firefox as my Invisible pop-ups browser but I ve been recently getting invisible pop-ups from Internet Explorer The first time I heard the clicking noise of a pop-up opening but saw nothing so I pressed ctrl-alt-del and iexplorer exe was running so I closed it It is still happening but now I can t see it in running I ve run malwarebytes and ad-aware but it s still happening I ran HJT and here is my log Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe Invisible pop-ups C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system acs exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silent O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files AIM aim exe quot d locale en-US ee aol imApp O - HKCU Run DAEMON Tools Lite quot C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe quot -autorun O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra Tools menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - C WINDOWS Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E E F- F- FB - -AC BF A - http platformdl adobe com NOS getPlusPlus gp cab O - SharedTaskScheduler Browseui preloader - C -A BA- D -B B- A C E - C WIND... Read more

Relevancy 33.97%

It takes trust in this site that you would not steer us into the hands of criminals am invisible! I vandals and scumbags With that trust in hand given a recent post which of course I can't find now I went to the SHIELDS UP site one of you suggested and permitted my computer to be poked at and otherwise abused Well their diagnosis based on pinging ports found all in stealth mode other than one port which was closed but wasn t responding I ran all their tests including BIOS vulnerability spam etc So it sure looks to me like good news Quietly chugging along Linksys router and ZoneAlarm seem to be doing their job just as you say in these forums they would And for the FIRST TIME I've seen some concrete feedback I can trust all of this right Please confirm Just have I am invisible! to watch out for spyware and emails with junk correct Thanks guys just keep patrolling I had to try to post this twice amp login twice Why All the blocks and locks I do

A:I am invisible!

I can trust all of this, right? Please confirm. I do. I think Steve Gibson has done us a good service to have invested in his hardware & for his work at a related forum.Just have to watch out for spyware and emails with junk, correct?That's about it. Watch out what you download in the way of activeX "applets".Spyware-killing programs that claim to, but don't, can be a hazard.We try to point that out by not recommending any except those well rated.Possible exception might be in my signature.One just released that I've test run.Found good, effective and no problems with it.Its new though.Some question it's legitimacy.I should know more in a couple days.Till then it's grayed out.Opinions vary.Every system running does too.What works for one might not for another.Advice given to one is usually meant for that one.Advice given to more than one usually has some cautionary language attached.Not everything works on everything.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/8125/i-am-invisible/
Relevancy 33.97%

Trying to network four computers. Three are done. One computer is not recognizing any of the other three and the three dont recognize the fourth. Any thoughts. All comps on same router. All configured same way. Tried firewall checks etc, no issues there.

Please help

Relevancy 33.97%

In the past week or so my computer has been getting invisible pop-ups. I cannot see them at all, I simply hear them and they come on at random times (normally around 2 AM). When I pull up task manager I keep seeing iexplorer.exe and when I turn that process off the pop-up stops.
I use AVG, Spybot, and Ad-aware, and whenever I run any or all of these I keep getting lots of results (lots of spyware, and normally a trojan).
One of the worst parts about this problem is that my computer is my alarm clock, and if I'm trying to sleep and I get a random ad that comes up with people yelling it doesn't exactly help me sleep.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

A:Invisible pop-ups.

Hi and welcome to TSG,

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe.

Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-pop-ups.656439/
Relevancy 33.97%

SO.... i am running windows vista and when i right click the menu is invisible until i run the mouse over it. Can anybody tell me how to fix this??

A:Invisible???

Please don't post duplicate threads. If your thread is in an inappropriate forum, please report it and a moderator will move it.

Continue the problem resolution here: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vista/941507-my-right-click-menu-invisible.html#post7535863

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible.941503/
Relevancy 33.97%

I keep getting invisible ads on my pc cant see em only hear em tried running scan nothing has anyone ever ran across this and how do i fix it i'm going nutz here plz help

you mean to tell me i'm the only one with this problem common guys i need a hand here

s8n

A:invisible ads

Did you scan your system with your AV?

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/155482-invisible-ads.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I installed new SSD on system but it did not appear in BIOS or My Computer. I called Crucial and they advised remove SSD from internal SATA and connect externally via USB. It will then appear as necessary. Clone system and files using Acronis True Image. Change boot drive in Bios, remove original boot drive and install new SSD. Reboot.
I hope this works, and also that it can be useful to others with this apparently familiar problem. Any comments welcome.

A:SSD invisible

I've removed the poll as we keep all info inside the forums, no personal email.

thanks,

v

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ssd-invisible.1157944/
Relevancy 33.97%

Alright I m desperate Posting here is the last thing I m going to do before eating a gun barrel Anyways my problem is probably easy to fix if you re some computer vunderkind but I m lost I tried doing a search and found a few similar problems but all of them sound like Marsian gibberish to me Please Invisible DVD-Rom answer this question assuming I don t have much knowledge beyond inserting a CD and installing a game My DVD-ROM or is it called CD rom worked Invisible DVD-Rom just fine for the Invisible DVD-Rom last month since I bought my new P ghz Ram GeForce PC Today however I turned on the computer and went to Invisible DVD-Rom MyComputer to launch a CD only to find that my CD rom icon which was set to D drive isn t there I mean that there was simply no D drive I thought that I drank too much coffee and tried inserting the CD again to see if the game would auto launch as it usually does That didn t work either so I being in a state of panic went to Device Manager and discovered that my CD drive doesn t show up there I then restarted the computer and went into the setup screen I checked the settings and sure nugh my NEC DVD DV A was showing as the Secondary Master or something like that whatever that means My hard drive was the first Anyway my whole problem is that Windows doesn t detect my DVD rom any more without any apparent reason As I already mentioned above I m using DVD NEC DV A Swallows the gun barrel Help Please nbsp

A:Invisible DVD-Rom

the_devastator
Welcome to TSG!
You did not mention what brand of PC the unit is.
If it is an HP go this Website
If it is not try using the add/remove programs feature in control panel and remove the dvd. Now reinstall the dvd usning the CD
provided with your computer or download the drivers from NEC.
Insure you have the CD or current drivers available when you restart and windows find new hardware.
Dave

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-dvd-rom.56242/
Relevancy 33.97%

After power outtage (yes I do know about UPSs)-after power returned I am unable to input text in any kind of field including Word, Notepad, ol express, URL boxes-nothing. I re-booted twice but still no joy.

Relevancy 33.97%

My wife purchased a simpletech 80gb usb external HD that works fine on my home computer, however, she used it 4 days at work for daily back up and now her 2 computers refuse to detect the HD. We are both using XP with p4 plenty of ram and HD
Anybody got any ideals?

Thanks,

Relevancy 33.97%

Hi everyone Just recently I ve been getting these invisible pop up ads don t even know if that makes sense but while I m either browsing the internet chatting on AIM etc I can hear the Internet Explorer clicks in the background I use Firefox so I know its not me doing the clicking Also there would sometimes be those ads that would start talking but when I would Invisible up pop ads? minimize there would be no ad or anything showing so there s no stopping it Before this happened I had the quot red x quot virus that would show a red x on the task bar on the bottom right corner I got rid of this by using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program which got rid of that but now I get these random pop up ads and Invisible pop up ads? IE clicks Last thing my computer would restart by itself over a period of time by getting a blue screen Any help is appreciated thanks

A:Invisible pop up ads?

OK, please start off by downloading SUPERantispyware from here: http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfile.html?productid=SUPERANTISPYWAREFREE . Once installed, update the definitions and run a scan. If you have a big hard drive, run a quick scan, because the scanner isn't very fast... If you can, please post the log back here...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176435/invisible-pop-up-ads/
Relevancy 33.97%

I plugged an additional 256 Meg SODIMM RAM card into the available slot in my notebook, hoping to speed up this 3 year old clunker. But my system info utility says I've still got only the 256 M I had before, not 512. I ordered according to the specs provided on the website where I bought the memory upgrade for my PC. Do I need to somehow declare the additional memory or do something else?
Thanks,
Exasperated Willard

Relevancy 33.97%

hey there

I have a problem moving my mouse, everytime I move the mouse across the screen, the mouse pointer opens everything that it touch. And the curse moves invisibly across the screen and mainly goes for the START button.
I have tried to get its name but no luck, I have also bought couple of anti-spyware and anti-virus software but they seem to be useless.
so if anyone have a solution PLEASE tell me.
thanks

A:invisible

Hi jacklee

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Happy New Year!

Run a few free virus checker online scans at the following sites, run at least 2 different scans.
http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/
http://www.ravantivirus.com/scan/

If you do not already have the following programs:
Download
SpybotSD
and Ad-Aware SE
and HijackThis ver 1.99

Install SpybotSD and Ad-Aware SE and then check for updates for each program.

Install HijackThis to its own folder on your desktop.

Configure Ad-Aware SE,
click on the cog wheel at the top of Ad-Aware SE,
Click on the following buttons,
General options window, make sure all the buttons are green with checkmarks,
Scan Settings, all Green, click on Select Drives and folders to scan select your harddrive and any backup drives.
Advanced button, click on the Include Negligible objects information to turn it Off = red with x.
Click Proceed to save your settings.

Run SpybotSD and then run Ad-Aware SE checking for spyware.

Then run HijackThis,
click on Do a system scan and save a log
save it to your HijackThis folder.
Close HijackThis,
open the log you just saved, select all and copy it here and someone will take a look at it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible.314144/
Relevancy 33.97%

I ve been struggling for over a year with an intermittent network issues I can t seem to identify when it happens vs not more problematic is how to fix it quickly when it occurs Help would be greatly appreciated I bring my laptop Win OS to work and connect via wifi to the LAN It joins automatically and I have no problems with internet access I can access files on the LAN IF I have the path already ie I had the file open yesterday so it s showing in my quot recent documents quot or if I open Excel first and select the LAN Invisible item from the drop-down it opens just fine so I have no doubts that I am on the LAN The problem is that the other computers in the workgroup are intermittently not showing up in the LAN When I click on quot Invisible LAN Network quot today I see my computer and quot Wireless-G Router quot but not the other computers that are on This makes it difficult to browse and open new files that have been created on the other end One possibility I m considering is that the problem may be somehow created by attempts to connect to other networks I m rarely accessing the LAN at home which may explain why it s rarely a problem the other computers typically show up automatically but I unsuccessfully tried accessing someone else s wifi yesterday and I m having problems today I have tried rebooting I ve tried ipconfig release and renew It still shows me as being in the right workgroup I just can t see the other computers although I tried netstat and was able to ping the IP of the computer I m trying to access My knowledge of the prompt commands to refresh the network are minimal and I don t know if I m missing something there or need some other method Any advice on how I can get the LAN computers to show up Other info The main computer I need access to is running Windows XP Another is Windows I m assuming this isn t relevant since neither one is showing up and the problem is more visibility than access related Thanks Edit I was just informed the XP computer cannot access files on the computer This is not the first time my network issues have correlated with hers Historically lack of access between those two ethernet wired desktops not on wifi turning off McAfee firewall on the computer fixes it I don t have access to try that right now so I m thinking this is is related but I m not sure it s the only time I have problems seeing the computers I am not sure what is happening that the firewall keeps seemingly re-activating I ve turned it off quot permanently quot multiple times I ve tried calling McAfee for support around this but rather than offering any different firewall settings they denied that their software was causing the problem even though deactivating their software fixes the problem immediately Unfortunately I don t quite have the clout to get them to drop McAfee yet so if there are firewall settings that would allow us to keep the network or some more permanent way to keep the firewall from re-activating that may be the first area to try nbsp

A:Invisible LAN

MellyJC said:

I bring my laptop (Win 7 OS) to work and connect via wifi to the LAN. It joins automatically and I have no problems with internet access. I can access files on the LAN IF I have the path already; ie, I had the file open yesterday, so it's showing in my "recent documents", or if I open Excel first and select the item from the drop-down, it opens just fine, so I have no doubts that I am on the LAN.

The problem is that the other computers in the workgroup are intermittently not showing up in the LAN. When I click on "Network" today, I see my computer and "Wireless-G Router", but not the other computers that are on. This makes it difficult to browse and open new files that have been created on the other end.Click to expand...

sounds to me as if not all systems are on the same WORKGROUP name.
As typical with MS, the default workgroup name changed from XP(MSHOME), Vista(WORKGROUP), Win7(WORKGROUP) and that complicates your problem.

Make sure ALL systems are using the same name.

One possibility I'm considering is that the problem may be somehow created by attempts to connect to other networks. I'm rarely accessing the LAN at home, which may explain why it's rarely a problem, the other computers typically show up automatically, but I unsuccessfully tried accessing someone else's wifi yesterday and I'm having problems today.

I have tried rebooting, I've tried ipconfig /release and /renew. It still shows me as being in the right workgroup, I just can't see the other computers, although I tried netstat and was able to ping the IP of the computer I'm trying to access.

My knowledge of the prompt commands to refresh the network are minimal and I don't know if I'm missing something there or need some other method. Any advice on how I can get the LAN computers to show up?

Other info: The main computer I need access to is running Windows XP. Another is Windows 7. I'm assuming this isn't relevant since neither one is showing up and the problem is more visibility than access related.

Thanks!

Edit: I was just informed the XP computer cannot access files on the 7 computer.Click to expand...

Then please explain why someone would document otherwise

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invisible-lan.186326/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have had a number of instances where I hear sound from the computer and find iexplorer exe running in the task manager I primarily use firefox for browsing but ocassionally use IE I also get some pop up messages as a result of IE trying to open pdf files and other items as well I have been experiencing recent issues with pop ups not continous iexplorer exe running in background that is starting up on it's own even after task manager termination then returning some Invisible Pop Ups time period later and with Adobe starting up when something tries to open it in the browser I assume I have a screen shot attached of one item It is an About box for Lame MP codec I have run my McAfee virus scanner to no avail Went through steps as prescribed Results from Activescan Incident Status Location Spyware Cookie Tribalfusion Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt tribalfusion com Invisible Pop Ups Spyware Cookie Atlas DMT Not disinfected C Documents and Settings Invisible Pop Ups CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt atdmt com Spyware Cookie Doubleclick Invisible Pop Ups Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt doubleclick net Spyware Cookie Mediaplex Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt mediaplex com Spyware Cookie Serving-sys Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt bs serving-sys com Spyware Cookie Serving-sys Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt serving-sys com Spyware Cookie PointRoll Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt ads pointroll com Spyware Cookie Casalemedia Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt casalemedia com Spyware Cookie Zedo Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt zedo com Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt ad yieldmanager com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt ad yieldmanager com Spyware Cookie Advertising Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt advertising com Spyware Cookie YieldManager Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt ad yieldmanager com Spyware Cookie Bridgetrack Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt citi bridgetrack com Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt adrevolver com Spyware Cookie FastClick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt fastclick net Spyware Cookie Adrevolver Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt adrevolver com Spyware Cookie FastClick Not disinfected C Documents and Settings CRichtberg Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles fp xw e default cookies txt fastclick net Spyware Cookie BurstBeacon... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/invisible-pop-ups-231634.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I seem to Invisible Ads have invisible ads that run on my computer that i cant seem to remove Help Logfile of random's system information Invisible Ads tool written by random random Run by Family at - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack System drive C has GB free of GB Invisible Ads Total RAM MB free Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Norton PC Checkup Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files x comcasttb ComcastSpywareScan ComcastAntiSpy exe C Program Files x The Weather Channel The Weather Channel App TWCApp exe C Program Files x Toshiba TOSHIBA Sleep Utility TSleepSrv exe C Program Files x Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files x BearShare Applications MediaBar Datamngr datamngrUI exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Users Family Downloads RSIT exe Invisible Ads C Program Files x trend micro Family exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL Home - Welcome to Toshiba R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page Yahoo R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page Bing R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page MSN com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook UrlSearchHook Class - - E - FD - - F E FC - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar - EBBBE -BAD - B C- E A- ABECAE - c PROGRA mcafee siteadvisor mcieplg dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO RivalGaming Games - D AC-D - bbf-A - C AA A EB - C Users Family AppData Local RivalGaming RivalGaming dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files x Common Files McAfee SystemCore ScriptSn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Wincore MediaBar - a b -bf e- ea -a - d d cd - C PROGRA LPHANT MediaBar Datamngr ToolBar lpdtxmltbpi dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO - B E -A B - A -B - CD E A FF - c PROGRA mcafee siteadvisor mcieplg dll O - BHO DataMngr - B CF -F CB- d- C-DC D C DB - C PROGRA BEARSH MediaBar Datamngr BROWSE DLL O - BHO Updater For XFIN PORTAL - bb be - eb- c -b f -fc b ea - no file O - BHO Wincore Mediabar - c d ff - ab - - c -ea b f f c - C PROGRA BEARSH MediaBar Datamngr ToolBar wincorebsdtx dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in - F C -EFFA- d -B - B B B - C Program Files x TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Media Controller Plug-in TOSHIBAMediaControllerIE dll O - BHO Yontoo Layers - FD E- FDE- D-A A- BAB CAD - C Program Files x Yontoo Yo... Read more

A:Invisible Ads

Hi,

Please do the following

Refer to the ComboFix User's Guide
Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Place ComboFix.exe on your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with ComboFix.
You can get help on disabling your protection programs here
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
Your desktop may go blank. This is normal. It will return when ComboFix is done. ComboFix may reboot your machine. This is normal.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note:
Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ensure your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications are re-enabled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: If you encounter a message "illegal operation attempted on registry key that has been marked for deletion" and no programs will run - please just reboot and that will resolve that error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/invisible-ads-651433.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Recently I've been hearing quot advertisements quot when I am connected to the internet There are no pop-ups but from what I can distinguish anywhere from Pop-ups Invisible to Invisible Pop-ups advertisements can be heard at one time When I'm not connected to the internet from time to time IE will open on its own and want to connect to a website I'm not sure what website it would be linking to because all that shows up in the address bar is quot javascript clickRefresh quot In my Windows Task Manager I've figured out that the program that runs the spyware is a quot msa exe quot Beyond that however I don't know anything more about it Here is my DDS file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by d o o b at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C Program Files Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C PROGRA Avast ashDisp exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Documents and Settings d o o b Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system fscagent exe C WINDOWS system grdmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Documents and Settings d o o b Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Page hxxp search com saecs html uSearch Bar hxxp search com saecs html uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant hxxp search com saecs html BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO IeMonitorBho Class bf e - a - fd -b - b e c - c program files megaupload mega manager MegaIEMn dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO HP Smart BHO Class ffffffff-cf e- f b-bdc - e e a - c program files hp digital imaging smart web printing hpswp BHO dll TB Veoh Web Player Video Finder fbb -d d - f a-a e - b bfc - c program files veoh networks veohwebplayer VeohIEToolbar dll TB E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - No File TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File TB A A -BACC- D -C E- F D A EC - No File TB CEC - DD - E - -F AAFDBBE FB - No File uRun MsnMsgr quot c p... Read more

A:Invisible Pop-ups

hi.

Welcome to TSF

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will begin with ComboFix.exe. Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix. You can find instructions HERE.

Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/invisible-pop-ups-388952.html
Relevancy 33.97%

So, I was in a play, and someone gave me a gift of a DVD copy of it. How awesome. So, I plug it into my playstation, and it works fine. I decide to rip it to my laptop. Here is where the problem starts.

First time I plug it in, it works fine. The DVD player pops up and works and all that good stuff, but my DVD-ripper was out of date. Have to go to work, so I shut down my computer and leave.

I come back later and I boot it up, and the DVD is missing. Still in the drive, but the drive reads as empty. Deciding to trouble shoot, I put is one of the movies I have. Works fine. But, the play doesn't.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a compaq presario r3000 notebook, and I run Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-invisible-dvd.586427/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello
I have a strange problem on my pc
My favorites button in IE 11 is invisible when i push it when i am on for example google.com, alle my fav's is invisible
But it is normal if it is on a local intranet site inside my work domain
On my laptop it is working fine ??
I might have touch somme settings that i should not :-(
Any suggestions what to do to fix it ?
Br. Klyt

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/46163-favorites-gone-invisible-ie-11-a.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am running IE11 on Windows 7.  64bit   Most of the time when I open IE (90%+) I cannot see the contents of my favorites folders although I can see an outline of the box they should be in.
I can click on the spot where they should appear and the application opens as it should.  So they are definitely there but invisible.
"Show hidden files and folders" is active.

This occurs when I run IE as "Owner".  However, if I run IE as Administrator this never occurs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520822/invisible-favorites/
Relevancy 33.54%

DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Owner at on Mon Internet Invisible iexplorer.exe Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Invisible iexplorer.exe Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files eBoostr EBstrSvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe c Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files NETGEAR WPN wpn exe c windows system gnlk exe c program files internet explorer wmpscfgs exe c docume owner locals temp wmpscfgs exe c docume owner locals temp wmpscfgs exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe c docume owner locals temp wmpscfgs exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads RootRepeal exe C Documents and Settings Owner My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO CNavExtBho Class bdf e -b - ad-a -fadc b - c program files norton antivirus NavShExt dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll BHO FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - No File TB HP View b e - d d- deb- b - d bcf f - c program files hp digital imaging bin hpdtlk dll TB Norton AntiVirus cdd bf- ffb- - ad - df b d - c program files norton antivirus NavShExt dll EB hp view f b - c - ade- -aa a bd - c windows system Shdocvw dll EB - a - b-a - c a a - No File uRun msnmsgr quot c program files windows live messenger msnmsgr exe quot background uRun uTorrent quot c program files utorrent utorrent exe quot mRun HPDJ Taskbar Utility c windows system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe mRun gnlk c windows system gnlk exe u mRun Adobe Reader c program files internet explorer wmpscfgs exe mRun THGuard quot c program files trojanhunter thguard exe quot StartupFolder c docume owner startm programs startup pdanet lnk - c program files pdanet for iphone PdaNetPC exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup eboost lnk - c program files eboostr eBoostrCP exe StartupFolder c docume alluse startm programs startup netgea lnk - c program files netgear wpn wpn exe IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra mi office EXCEL EXE IE d - baa- bc - cf -a d db - c documents and settings owner start menu programs imvu Run IMVU lnk IE e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe IE FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - c program files messenger msmsgs exe IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra mi office REFIEBAR DLL LSP SpSubLSP dll DPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com products plugin autodl jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cab DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab Notify igfxcui - igfxsrvc dll SERVICES DRIVERS R eBoost eBoostr caching filter driver c windows system drivers EBoost sys - - R ccEvtMgr Symantec Event Manager c program files common files symantec s... Read more

A:Invisible iexplorer.exe

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.Please download OTL from following mirror:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/284319/invisible-iexplorerexe/
Relevancy 33.54%

I exported a number of .vcf files (VCard files) to a folder on the desktop. But it's not showing. I refreshed and restarted but there's no sign of the folder.
I checked C:\Users\Name\Desktop and it's there, I can open the folder and the files are ok.
Where is it?

A:Invisible Folder.

Try going to control panel depending on your OS then go to folder options then click the view tab and set to show hidden files and folders to see if the folder appears

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/invisible-folder.312975/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello Tech Support Guys with Help invisible ads/rootkit Here is the log that was requested I m currently running safe mode with network Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Help with invisible ads/rootkit Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Help with invisible ads/rootkit Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc N SF Antivirus Norton Premier Updated and Enabled I m having trouble since yesterday I get a notification from Norton telling me that it noticed an excessive amount of exit data from my computer and that I need to start Norton Power Eraser In the meantime Norton tells me that several attempts of attack have been blocked from -Trojan Bedep Activity URL from the aggressor dhkfnxxleauixj com -System infected Trojan Cryptolocker AF Activity -Web Attack Fake Codec Website Norton Power Eraser and Norton scan are unable to find and solve anything Every now and then when I was using my pc in regular mode i would hear ADS but I was not able to see them until I turn my pc off and then right before it shuts down it shows - ad pages that were nowhere to be seen before I ran Kaspersky rootkit removal tool and also AMB app and nothing showed up aswell but the first time I ran it can t remember which one probably AMB I got a notification saying quot Registry value quot AppInit Dlls quot has been found which may be caused by rootkit activity Press No if you re not sure if the tool crashes or terminates unexpectedly during a system scan restart the tool and press quot Yes quot should this message appear again Do you want to remove this value and restart the tool Yes No quot I pressed yes the first time and then it never appeared again The problem still stands when I enter normal mode in safe mode it doesn t Can anyone help please Thank you for your time Maddalena nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-invisible-ads-rootkit.1167273/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello Okay so here s the popups? Invisible deal I m running Windows XP My windows keep getting unfocused and Invisible popups? my fullscreen applications games mostly it doesn t seem to Invisible popups? happen with films get minimized This happens automatically at any time with maybe - minutes inbetween some times more often some times more seldom I guess this is caused by some disturbance by another program I read that this has been caused by AVG antivirus but deinstalling AVG didn t help and I know the problem started occuring before I had AVG since I installed AVG to try fixing this problem I ve been Invisible popups? thinking that there are some sort of invisible powerups appearing and that these are the reason for the loss of focus Some times when I uninstall software I m told that I need to close Internet Explorer to be able to deinstall even when Internet Explorer is closed and can even not be found among the processes in Process Explorer The name of the IE windows seem to suggest that these are ads so I ve been thinking that I ve got some sort of malware on my PC But nothing seems to fix the problem I ve tried several antivirus programs but noone seems to have detected it But it s there and I m almost certain I get some sort of invisible popups I ve tried HijackThis and as I mentioned Sysinternals though only with very basic understanding of how these work but I can t seem to find anything Would anyone know how to solve this

Relevancy 33.54%

Is there a program available that allows the user to see a password WHILE typing it instead of ******* ?  

A:Invisible Password

I haven't tested the change recommended to see the hidden password. You can test it to see if that allows you to see it while typing
for the first time.
SOURCE: How to View Passwords Hidden Under Asterisks [Video]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541066/invisible-password/
Relevancy 33.54%

I hope I m in the right section for this query but chatter Invisible a Invisible chatter friend of mine has been having some problems with an unknown person whilst in Yahoo chat rooms This person seems also to have hacked into his Yahoo mail accounts and stoppped him accessing them This he resolved by contacting Yahoo direct But as to the first part Every morning we go to Chat to play Trivia Madness Within a short time our friend will say did you see that This means another name has appeared on the right hand chatters list and the person with that ID will have typed something on main screen but none of the rest of us can see it The only way he can get rid of that person is to leave the room and come back We are not in a public room but in one opened by the person experiencing the problem generally but this also has happened when one of the others has opened the room He runs a firewall and regularly runs Ad-Aware but still this continues to happen He connects to the Internet via a phoneline If you could offer any suggestion we would all be very grateful as this problem is causing our friend some distress Many thanks mchoc nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello everyone I ve been reading this Invisible problem forums for a while whenever I ve a problem that I do not know about I come here to check this is a great service you re all doing But now it s my turn to tell a story I can t figure this on my own My PC specs are on the sig any additional questions just feel free to ask I practically bought this computer by parts taking my old boards and cards out of the case I know my share on hardware specially electrical stuff Problem The Computer started to freeze and crash in BF with a multi-colored screen bars everywhere it would just crash the game and come to desktop I thought it was because I was testing the limits of Invisible problem my graphics started to go on ease on it and it was fine Not more than a week ago Invisible problem my computer started do the same thing in any kind of game I thoguht it would only do that on heavy graphical games but started to do that on low graphic ones too yesterday the frequency of doing that was high enough not to open any game specially because this time the whole computer would freeze on multi-colored screen and even more weird the sound would start looping so gfx and sound freeze also freezing my controls mouse and kb which led to manual reboots After testing alot from any forum I would find even through this forum I couldn t find any solution Today I ve unplugged everything and plugged everything back the problem still exists but now it doesn t even freeze just power crashes the computer which makes me think this cannot be a software problem This is what I know This is not a overheating problem I installed a new fan under my gfx card because my old one was doing some noise and stopping sometimes I was afraid the overheating would have led the gfx card or sound card in each side of this fan to melt or burn something but they re fine I ve ran CPU RAM stress tests graphic stress tests and reinstalled gfx driver and dx c same config as I ever had For crashing both gfx and sound I thought it was maybe the power supply I ve opened it and there s nothing melted or burnt there could still be an over-power problem causing short-circuit which I doubt it s happening or else it would crash without games Also maybe the CPU which is always mysterious besides cleaning is there anything I should look for signs of CPU malfunction My biggest guess is that my Corsair RAM cards are malfunctioning would explain why low graphics games would crash after a while and why games using heavy single player bots would crash not even a minute after starting the game but doesn t explain how now it power crashes the whole computer does it Could always be my ASRock motherboard which never gave me reasons of problems so I ve no idea how this problem could be related to it I ve read somewhere about leaking capacitors but I don t see anything wrong anywhere There were a series of power cuts in my town in the last months I ve checked everything and there s no signs those power cuts affected the computer but who knows Any tip Anyway I can figure where this problem is coming nbsp

A:Invisible problem

Well your first post was sure a big one It may have made up for all the other times of just viewing (but that's ok)

You will need to do the basics

Confirm all drivers are updated
Even confirm Windows security updates are done (SP3 would be good )
Run Memtest on your Ram
Remove any dust internally, if possible

That will help for a start

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invisible-problem.115883/
Relevancy 33.54%

I encode and broadcast through Windows Media Enoder (live football games) from an HP laptop running XP. Something is blocking access to my boradcast. When I run a port scan nothing is open.

The connection is SBC Yahoo remote dial-up, and they say they're not blocking me. I have a static IP service. Windows firewall, Norton, everything I can think of is disabled.

Does anyone have an idea what it might be? Windows glitch? Hijacked? Is SBC lying/wrong?

The broadcast went fine for about half the season and all of the sudden it started getting blocked. I'm at the point where I may just go to a System Restore point earlier in the season.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-J

A:Invisible Firewall??

TSN2005 said:

I encode and broadcast through Windows Media Enoder (live football games) from an HP laptop running XP. Something is blocking access to my boradcast. When I run a port scan nothing is open.

The connection is SBC Yahoo remote dial-up, and they say they're not blocking me. I have a static IP service. Windows firewall, Norton, everything I can think of is disabled.

Does anyone have an idea what it might be? Windows glitch? Hijacked? Is SBC lying/wrong?

The broadcast went fine for about half the season and all of the sudden it started getting blocked. I'm at the point where I may just go to a System Restore point earlier in the season.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-JClick to expand...

Which football games? A lot of that sports stuff has media contracts for exclusive coverage in the form of broadcasting.

Are you saying that your signal is not getting out or your viewers can't get access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-firewall.415013/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm green as the grass on computers so please be patient with me. Thank you. I seem to have some problems with my pc,such as frozen windows,programs that refuse to start or pc does not close sometimes amongst others,but trying to go to the taskmgr (by ctr+alt+del) it shows the symbol on the bar (low right hand side) but nothing shows on the screen. I've run spybot pestpatrol and adware.What can I do??????

A:invisible taskmgr ????

Are you running any type of anti-virus? If so is it up to date?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/invisible-taskmgr-19096.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I was recently hit with the "google.exe" bug and was given a warning about my disk. Not knowing if this was a real microsoft warning or an attempt to get me further in trouble I opted to NOT scan the disk. I rebooted and then restored to a prior date. I then discovered that I was missing a number of files (about 9 gb). I couldn't find them anywhere, that is until I did a defrag and there they showed up. I then checked my backup in Norton and the files were there also. I could double click and get them. BUT couldnt save them or retrieve them otherwise. This is the only place I can access them but cant restore them or save them.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

A:invisible files

Let's see, if we can recover your missing features.Download and run UnHideLet me know, if it worked.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445300/invisible-files/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi in the last few days i ve had a problem Invisible Window? with every window i open including applications games etc it seems to switch to an invisible window like some sort of adware is working in the background or that its just switching from the window i ve selected i ve done scans with superantispyware malwarebytes anti-malware AVG full scan and mcafee full scans and nothing Invisible Window? seems to fix it Here s my hijackthis log hopefully someone can find something Thanks Logfile of HijackThis Invisible Window? v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes H WINDOWS System smss exe H WINDOWS system winlogon exe H WINDOWS system services exe H WINDOWS system lsass exe H WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS System svchost exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe H WINDOWS system winlogon exe H WINDOWS system spoolsv exe H Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe H Program Files Kontiki KService exe H Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe H Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe H Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe H WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe H WINDOWS system svchost exe H Program Files BT Home Hub Wireless Configuration WirelessDaemon exe H Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WLService exe H Program Files Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter Wireless Network Monitor WUSB GC exe H WINDOWS Explorer EXE H WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE H Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe H Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe H WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE H Program Files Logitech Video LogiTray exe H PROGRA BTHOME Help SMARTB BTHelpNotifier exe H Program Files btbb wcm McciTrayApp exe H Program Files QuickTime qttask exe H Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe H Program Files Logitech Video FxSvr exe H Program Files Kontiki KHost exe H Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe H Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe H WINDOWS system ctfmon exe I My programs SUPERantispyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe H Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe H Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe H Program Files NCSoft Launcher NCLauncher exe H Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe H WINDOWS system lfsBBqi exe H Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe I My programs DAP DAP EXE H Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe H Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe I My programs Xfire Xfire exe H Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe H Documents and Settings Al My Documents My Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http uk red clientapps yahoo com b http uk docs yahoo com info bt side html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - H Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE O - HKLM Run Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot H Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run A C- F - -A BE- DD D A quot H Program Files CyberLink PowerBackup PBKScheduler exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC H PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck H WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched H Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O -... Read more

Relevancy 33.54%

Symptoms:
multiple iexplore.exe processes running in the background
Random Internet Explorer pop up ads
My wave control is near mute every few seconds.
Invisible Audio ads pop up (normally about cleaning products)
I hear random clicking sounds in the background (like link clicks)

Ive read a couple of similar posts, and each one had a different fix to it, so im not sure if i should try the fix or wait for a response ...
Cheers.

A:How do I rid of Invisible Adverts?

Hello the first thing we'll run is MBAM.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.46) and save it to your desktop.Before you save it rename it to say zztoy.exe alternate download link 1alternate download link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.If Malwarebytes Anti-Malware results in any error messages, check the Help file's list of error codes within its program folder first. If you do not find any information, please refer to Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions, Frequently Asked Questions. If the error you are receiving is not in the list, please report it here so the research team can investigate.Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330528/how-do-i-rid-of-invisible-adverts/
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm hoping someone can help! My MSN messenger (and a few desktop folders) are showing up on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, but the actual windows don't come up. They seem to almost minimize themselves to the vertical right hand side of the screen instead of opening up in the middle. So I can't sign in or see which contacts are online, although messenger is open at the bottom. I have tried reinstalling but the same thing happens. Originally I thought it was a glitch with "Object Dock" so uninstalled that but still no joy. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-invisible.724566/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a problem where a portion of my desktop is invisible. It is the far right, middle side of my screen. Whenever I put my mouse all the way on the right, it does not stop at the end of the display; it keeps on going, and it takes about 1 second to bring the mouse back into move. Also if you move icons into that area, you can not see it. I have tried many methods like resizing the screen, changing the wall paper, changing the monitor size etc. I know this has to do wiht my video card which I was tweaking. I have a Radeon 9200.

A:Invisible Desktop

Go to the control panel> display> and make sure you don't have the card running extended desktop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-desktop.419589/
Relevancy 33.54%

Please DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Dorian at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Norton Security Suite Enabled Updated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Security Suite Enabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows annoying Get rid ads? invisible of these system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch Get rid of these annoying invisible ads? C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Get rid of these annoying invisible ads? Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRYSVC EXE C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card bcmwltry exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Dell OSD DellOSDservice exe C Windows system dleacoms exe C Program Files Dell OSD DellOSD exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup sftservice EXE C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Common Files microsoft shared ink TabTip exe C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink TabTip exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components Scheduler STService exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components DSUpdate DSUpd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Toaster exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Dell DW WLAN Card WLTRAY EXE C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C WINDOWS System StikyNot exe C Program Files x Multimedia Card Reader ShwiconXP exe C Program Files x Roxio Roxio Burn RoxioBurnLauncher exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe c Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet -netsvcs C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil ActiveX exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Ink InputPersonalization exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Users Dorian AppData Local Temp iu D N tmp C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system sppsvc exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows System osk exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe C Windows system conh... Read more

A:Get rid of these annoying invisible ads?

Hello and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your post. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.
----------

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
Click the Scan button to start scan.
If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and attach its contents in your next reply.

Click the image to enlarge it
----------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/get-rid-of-these-annoying-invisible-ads-673701.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I installed a USB external HDD for backup purposes, and it worked fine. I used the same HDD on another PC and it worked fine. When I tried to use it again on the original PC, whilst the Device Manager said it is working properly, it was not visible in explorer or anywhere else. Since then none of my USB devices are visible although Device Manager says they are working properly. All my USB devices continue to work on the other PC. Both PCs are running Windows XP Home. HELP

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/invisible-usb-devices-in-xp.870725/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi im in a wierd situation. All of the sudden my internet or router decided to block me from Limewaire, Steam, Gamespy, and Azureus. It says I have no connection and or I am behind a firewall. Well ive disabled all my antispyware anti adware programs, internal xp firewalls, and I dont have and anti virus programs installed. I also checked my router settings and everything is the way it has been.

Computer: Alienware 51m 7700 XP Home SP2 (With wireless card)
Router: NetGear WGR614v4

I am stumped beyond all belief right now, I dont know whats the problem.

A:Behind an Invisible Firewall

Could your ISP be blocking these?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/behind-an-invisible-firewall.34842/