Windows Support Forum

Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Q: Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

I Win7(64) no "color scan" with Omnipage17 option see Mailpup or moved me to hardware I doubt this is a hardware issue As indicated below all worked properly under XPSP It is only under Win that this issue has cropped up So I am not sure if this is the best place In short Omnipage is not communicating properly with my Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17 Mustek A scanner on a Win system There were no issues with this software and scanner running on xpsp Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks Longer Description Wondering how to get color capability with OP on my Win system Currently all I can get are B amp W and Grayscale for my scan options All scanner quot sizes quot B -A letter and legal are available in the Tools- gt Options - gt Scanner toolbox and they work properly So OP is partially working with the scanner NOTE OP was working properly fully with this scanner on my old xpsp system System Information Omnipage Professional version Product ID OP- - - OS Win Computer Dell Vostro i processor Scanner Mustek SE A USB Pro What I have done Downloaded the lasted drivers ScanExpress A USB WIN zip from Mustek Uninstalled the old driver installation from Device Manager Reboot Reinstall Mustek software Reboot Open Omnipage - gt Tools - gt Options - gt Scanner - gt Setup Download Latest Scanner Database from Nuance Select amp Test Scanner TWAIN SE A USB Pro - gt Next Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes The scanner is already in the database Would you still like to test your device - gt Yes Close any other applications that might be using your scanner - gt Next After running all available tests Omnipage still cannot see the scanner s color capability Testing the Scanner from Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Diagnostics - gt Test Scanner quot Successfully completed the diagnostic test quot Testing by Control Panel - gt Devices amp Printers - gt Scanner Select Right Click for Properties - gt Start Scan Here the quot Color quot Option is available And it successfully creates a color scan I found no help on this topic at Nuance Either Knowledge base or Forums Google coming up dry too Not sure what I could be missing Any help appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win7(64) no "color scan" option with Omnipage17

Typically this is a driver problem. find the driver from the print/scanner manufacturer and dl/install it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win7-64-no-color-scan-option-with-omnipage17.186106/
Relevancy 109.65%

The quot Idle-time Full System Scan quot in Norton v is bogging down my computer constantly and there is no option to turn it off in quot Automatic Tasks quot I contacted Norton and after several attempts to find someone at Norton who could understand what I just said above and getting quot hung-up quot on over Norton chat Inexcusable I was able to get a hold of a technician who told me that Norton intentionally removed this option quot for security reasons because they didn t want people turning it off quot The problem is people will then be forced to turn it off by turning off ALL scheduled tasks under quot Settings Norton option Tasks" available under "Virus Scan" No v4: 360 "Settings/Automatic Scheduling Schedule Manual Schedule quot and that is an even worse security problem than the relatively small one that would be created by turning off idle-time full system scanning Once the system has completed a full system scan all files are on-access scanned anyway so running a full system scan every - days is rather silly and extremely annoying--especially because it will continue to try to run every time the system Norton 360 v4: No "Virus Scan" option available under "Settings/Automatic Tasks" is idle if you cancel it A warning urging the user to not turn off idle-time full system scans without fully understanding the risks and after explaining the risks would be VERY preferable Or at least the option to run the full system scans when the system is idle on a certain day of the month week The schedule for idle-time full system scans really needs to be separate from other tasks In fact the BEST solution would be the option to change the scheduling options for EACH automatic task INDIVIDUALLY--with the option to change EACH one to quot Automatic Weekly Monthly Manual quot By forcing people to turn off ALL automatic tasks in order to control that ONE idle-time virus scan option ALL or NONE Norton has made the security problem they are trying to avoid much worse So in the mean time does anyone know a registry setting that will turn off quot Idle-time full system scans quot un-check the invisible box without turning off the other automatic tasks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/norton-360-v4-no-virus-scan-option-available-under-settings-automatic-tasks.948984/
Relevancy 99.76%

i have a dell inspiron 6400 with the built in restore option (Ctrl +F11... or something)
i split my hard drive manual with partition magic.

i wanted to know, if i will restor my system will the hard disk goes back to one, or will it stay split?

A:install <span id="EBSpanHighlighter" style="background-color: Fuchsia; color: black;"

it'll stay split unless you actually delete the 2nd partition. Just reinstall on c: & you'll be fine

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-span-id-ebspanhighlighter-style-background-color-fuchsia-color-black.612210/
Relevancy 98.9%

Hi,

When our website users click on an html attachment embedded on a web-page in IE9, the download manager will not display the "Open" option. It will only display "Save" and "Cancel" which our users don't like, having to save the
html document in a folder to open it. Whereas, when downloading attachments like pdf, word etc. all three options are displayed. 

Is there any setting to tweak , which will display all the 3 options for HTML attachments as well?

A:IE9 download manager will not display "Open" option (only "Save" and "Cancel" is displayed) for downloading HTML documents.

Hi,
As you know, the Open-Save-Cancel dialog box helps you prevent your computer from affecting by virus while downloading. 
So I suggest you test to reset all zones to a lower level temporarily and then please attempt to download this html attachment again.

However, since you can normally download the other documents, I suspect there is some restriction in the website which you are trying to view. I recommend you to contact the administrator of that website if possible.
could you please send me the link of the website from where you are trying to download the html attachment?
Thanks!

We
are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this
interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3094ac49-8d49-4a60-a7cf-fb12c823e500/ie9-download-manager-will-not-display-quotopenquot-option-only-quotsavequot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 93.74%

I had an extensive search and can t find a solution to my specific problem here s my story I have Windows Pro option "Keep only Win7 to Ultimate Win8 to Nothing" Ultimate with the OS installed on C Gb Crucial Win7 Ultimate to Win8 Pro option to "Keep Nothing" only M SSD and all my user data on D Gb hard disk The laptop is Dell Xps with i cpu Gb ram I have availed myself of the upgrade to Windows Pro and downloaded the iso as copied this to DVD I have run the Upgrade Assistant and it advises me that most of the applications are fine with the upgrade to Windows Pro I NEED to keep all my installed applications so an UPGRADE is my only realistic option I have far too many programs Win7 Ultimate to Win8 Pro option to "Keep Nothing" only and configurations which would take me many days to rebuild personal cloud wifi cameras Adobe Photoshop Outlook Office etc However on initiating the UPGRADE is only allows the option to KEEP NOTHING if I then proceed to the next step it requires me to rename C Users but this can t be changed as it s in use Thus can anyone help me through this situation Regards ANDREW

A:Win7 Ultimate to Win8 Pro option to "Keep Nothing" only

Windows 8 Upgrade Offer | Dell

FAQs

Originally Posted by Dell

•Should I back up my files and programs before installing my upgrade?
•Yes. When upgrading your system, you should make backup copies of all files currently on your hard drive before installing Windows 8.

•Can I change the version/language of the Dell Windows? Upgrade kit?
•All customers purchasing the Windows upgrade offer will receive Windows 8 Pro. The language you receive will be the same as the language you purchased with your Windows? 7 PC.

Dell - Windows 8 Center

Windows 8 Upgrade Checklist | Dell

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/18057-win7-ultimate-win8-pro-option-keep-nothing-only.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey everyone!
I've been trying all day to upgrade my Win 7 Ultimate 64bit system to win 8 pro, everything goes fine until I accept the terms and conditions only to see that the only option available for me to keep from my current system is "Nothing". No other options show. Does anyone here have a clue what the reason could be?

A:Upgrade from Win7 Ultimate "keep nothing" option ONLY

I have this issue too. My Windows Upgrade Assistant gives me only 1 option.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/10481-upgrade-win7-ultimate-keep-nothing-option-only.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i recently contracted a virus that does the above mentioned things. i have hijack this, prevx, and wintasks. i also have just downloaded norton 2007. can anyone help me fix my ailing computer?

josh

A:Task manager disabled, no "run" option, no "turn off" option

oh, i am running win xp sp 2, have a dell dimension 2350, and have already deleted viewpoint manager, but i'm still stuck.

josh

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/task-manager-disabled-no-run-option-no-turn-off-option.607898/
Relevancy 92.88%

First things first thanks to all who can help I need to programmatically make some adjustments to the Internet Explorer security settings Most of these settings I have found but there are a few I have not been able to get a clear exact location for in the registry I will be using for "First "Always and "Accept" and Allow setting registry value the cookies" Session for Party Cookies" Need option EXACT location of a BAT file to make the adjustments on PCs Here is what I am looking for Under the quot Internet nbsp Properties quot found Need EXACT location and value of registry setting for "Always Allow Session cookies" and the "Accept" option for "First Party Cookies" in control panel under the quot Privacy quot tab there is an quot Advanced quot option button When I click on it I get an quot Advance Privacy Settings quot options box On it are several settings The first setting quot Override automatic cookie handling quot needs to be checked in order to access the other options I can do that by adjusting the DWord value of quot PrivacyAdvanced quot under the quot Internet Settings quot key in the registry quot HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet settings quot to be specific What I have not been able to find are the registry entries for the quot First-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options the quot Third-party Cookies quot quot Accept Block or Prompt quot options and the quot Always allow session cookies quot check box Please see picture below I have seen references to the following settings as being where those options exist but nothing that explains what each byte bit controls so I don't know if or where in these settings I will find the control for the things I need to adjust I don't want to blindly accept some code someone says includes the settings I need I need to know exactly what to do to change ONLY the things I am looking for span span span HKEY CURRENT USER Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet span span Settings span span Zones span span span span span span quot AEBA FA- A- A - D-B C quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span a span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span quot A A C - EB - -A A - C F quot span span span span hex span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span c span span span span a span span span span f span span span span span span span span span span span span span span f span span span span e span span span span a span span span span span span span span e span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span a span span span span span span span span span span span span e span span span span c span span span span span span span span d span span span span span span span span b span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span span Any help finding those settings will be greatly appreciated Currently I am using Win Ent x and IE But I also need to know how to ... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/41b75117-44ba-4a25-b210-41d72920cafc/need-exact-location-and-value-of-registry-setting-for-quotalways-allow-session-cookiesquot-and?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 90.73%

OK fellow "computer-holics", here's a difficult one for ya. I have a user who e-mailed me the following:

"Ever since I downloaded Crystal Graphics' "PowerPlugs v 1.2" (powerpoint plugin software I purchased which allows for 3D motion graphics on slides), Microsoft Powerpoint won't allow me to access "Slide Color Scheme" or "Apply Design Template" from the format menu...."

I've tried completely removing Office, and re-installing it, but to no avail. I have yet to find an uninstaller for the "PowerPlugs" software, so I haven't tried that yet. (I wan't to save that as a "last-resort" anyway....even when I DO find an uninstaller). Does anyone know anything about the PowerPlugs software that could help out in this situation? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Unable to access "Slide Color Scheme" or "Apply Design Template" in Powerpoint

I can only suggest that you use this form to contact the vendor of PowerPlugs:

http://www.crystalgraphics.com/main.support.asp

Whether you purchased it or not, it should certainly allow PowerPoint to continue to work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-access-slide-color-scheme-or-apply-design-template-in-powerpoint.178503/
Relevancy 89.44%

I am trying to rebuild by search index because my computer won t let me arrange items using the quot Arrange By quot option However when I try and load my indexing options to rebuild the index it will sit there and say won't Disappearing Icons, "Arrange & By" load, option "My work. Help? Computer" won't quot Waiting to receive indexing status quot If I click the quot Advanced quot button it will freeze I also receive an icon and loading display problem SEE PIC Also when I click on quot My Computer quot it sometimes will sit there searching and it won t load SEE PIC I have tried the following Restarting the quot Windows Search quot service multiple times at different boots Deleting the files contained in the folder quot C Windows System config TxR quot http support microsoft com kb Stopping the quot Windows Search quot service then I opened up quot regedit quot I went to quot HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsSearch SetupCompletedSuccessfully quot I changed the value from a to a Then I rebooted my PC I then went back to the same key and changed it back to a and rebooted my PC again Turning the "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? quot indexing service quot on and off from the quot Turn Windows Features on or off quot menu Microsoft Fixit Indexing Troubleshooter Sfc scannow Tried this hotfix http support microsoft com kb Tried another user account and creating a new user account Tried resetting folder view to quot defaults quot http www sevenforums com tutorials -folder-view-settings-reset-all-default html I really need ALL of these problems fixed "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? They obviously all come from one issue but the only problem is idk how to fix it Please help Also I know for a fact a quot repair quot "My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help? will NOT work so didn t even suggest it because this problem popped up because I repair installed my computer The quot Arrange By quot option just doesn t work so maybe the registry has a key that can be edited to fix this that is disable by default Thanks PS I am sorting by name grouping by none and below is a screenshot of what happens when I change the quot Arrange By quot option to arrange by song As you can see nothing changes it still arranges by folder SEE PIC Also note in the picture quot song quot is highlighted but I already left-clicked it PSS I only only experienced the file display disappearing and loading issues when I deleted the files located in the TxR folder to fix the arrange by issue I forgot to mention that I noticed in my Event Viewer that there were some logs that kept appearing that might pertain to the issue Here is a list of the logs that I think appear the most often Error Event ID Service Control Manager The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied Error Event ID Kernel-EventTracing Session quot Circular Kernel Context Logger quot failed to start with the following error xC Error Event ID Service Control Manager The Computer Browser service depends on the Workstation service which failed to start because of the following error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it Error Event ID WMI Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Error Event ID DistributedCOM The server D C F-AC - F F-BEB - C C CE did not register with DCOM within the required timeout NOTE FOR THIS EVENT ID ERROR THAT THE NUMBERS IN THE BRACKETS ... Read more

A:"My Computer" won't load, Disappearing Icons, & "Arrange By" option won't work. Help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-load-disappearing-icons-arrange-by-option-wont-work-help.1098029/
Relevancy 88.58%

I am running Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Whenever I set the option "Turn off the display" to "Never", it reverts back to the default "15 minutes". This is under the "High Performance" profile. I have never, since Windows 3.11, ever had a setting change itself back. I have tried to change it and restart. It will either revert upon restart or shortly after. It will revert back even if I do not restart.

A:Power Option for "Turning off display" remains at "15 minutes"

That sounds like my problem - I leave the computer for an hour and it is shut down (I think sleep mode). I just need to hit the power button and it comes on to where it was when I left - but 2 of my USB devices are lost so I have to restart the computer anyway.

I changed all the power settings to NEVER. But his doesn't seem to make any difference......

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/33921-power-option-turning-off-display-remains-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I recently had my computer crash due to a TROJAN virus and at that time I had Windows XP service pack 3 which my computer man installed for me. After being infected I had to completely reinstall EVERY thing on my computer taking my computer back down to Service Pack 1 the only operating disks I had. Now when I do a Disk Clean Up, it doesn't have the option to "Compress Old Files." Can some one please tell me why this option is not there and how I could go about fixing this. Thank you.

Relevancy 86.43%

I have been trying to run Trend Micro House Call on my computer, but I always get the following error message "An error occured while trying to transfer data from the internet! Do you want Trend Micro HouseCall to try resending the required files?" I have two options "OK" and "Cancel". I have tryed "OK" several times, but after a minute the same message appears again. I am using an AVG firewall, could this be somehow affecting it?

Thank-you in advance for your help

A:[B][COLOR="Blue"]Trend Micro House Call Problem[/COLOR][/B]

You shouldnt remove it let a person with a gold badge on there username reply and help you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/b-color-blue-trend-micro-house-call-problem-color-b.644673/
Relevancy 86.43%

I ve run SuperAntiSpyware Wizard" "Sys Pop-ups "Security & Integrity System Scan Warning" Ad-Aware SpyBot and Norton which removed some trojan files and registry items but I m still getting pop-ups quot Security System Warning quot and quot System Integrity Scan Wizard quot Below is my HiJackThis log Thanks in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common "Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL VAIO VEDB Binn sqlservr exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system cryptainersrv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Event Service VESMgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VCSW VCSW exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzCdbSvc exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data kfsnolql ynynormr exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment Platform VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Power Management SPMgr exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper exe C WINDOWS system clghcnev exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http softwarereferral com jump php wmid amp mid MjI Ojg amp lid R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www sony com vaiopeople R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLSearchHook Class - EB EA-E BE- CFD- F F-C A C EAFA - C Program Files AOL AOL Search Enhancement AOLSearch dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO ... Read more

A:"Sys Integrity Scan Wizard" & "Security System Warning" Pop-ups

Hi Welcome to TSG!!
Please visit this webpage for instructions for downloading and running ComboFix.

Post the log from ComboFix when you've accomplished that, along with a new HijackThis log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sys-integrity-scan-wizard-security-system-warning-pop-ups.699730/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hey I have a HP Pavilion notebook A bit older I think It had built in windows Vista Home Premium Somehow my hard disk crashed and I bought a option boot computer"! "repair the doesn't option your Advanced show new one I installed windows ultimate bit and Advanced boot option doesn't show the option "repair your computer"! updated to service pack I made a system image using windows default recovery console Everything was fine But today I needed to restore my computer to a previous restore point Every time I press F to get to the advanced boot option I see everything is okay except the quot repair your computer quot Advanced boot option doesn't show the option "repair your computer"! option Somehow the quot repair your computer quot option disappeared I tried ctrl F button and the F button too F button worked for my previous vista home premium but for Win- it's the F key Can anyone help me with this please How may I get the quot repair your computer quot option back Is there any way to edit advanced to boot option to get that option back I would be needing it in case of system image recovery Please I don't want to reinstall the O S once again Please somebody help me

A:Advanced boot option doesn't show the option "repair your computer"!

On my clean OS install, the "repair your computer" option also does not appear in the F8 Advanced Boot Options list.
The option does appear on my ACER PC.

You can access this option by booting from a System Repair CD/DVD. A system repair CD is a must have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/254119-advanced-boot-option-doesnt-show-option-repair-your-computer.html
Relevancy 85.57%

This is driving me bonkers and I "workstation" to copy WinXP FAIL file "server" Win7 have almost no hair left I really hope someone can help When I attempt to copy or Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL move a file or folder from my Win box to my WinXP SP media server the operation nearly always fails Take for example my trying to copy the VLC Media Player folder files MB from Program Files Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL on Win to the C drive on the media server via a mapped drive X In all cases after hanging up at some point during the copy I get this message Network Error There is a problem accessing X lt whatever current sub-folder copying is gt Make sure you are connected to the network and try again I should note here that you only see the message come up if you wait for it min after the copy hangs If you try to cancel the hung copy before the message comes up you can crash explorer exe I must Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL also stress that there are no other access problems on the network Files on the media server are accessible as expected from the Win box Performing the same copy in reverse quot pulling quot the same folder to the XP box from its console instead of quot pushing quot from Win works perfectly All machines are in WORKGROUP and the same exact credentials are in use on all machines All machines run the same version of Symantec Endpoint Protection and have firewall rules configured to allow all LAN traffic All machines are connected through a Linksys SD -port GB quot dumb quot switch Routing DHCP is provided by a D-Link DI- NICs are all set to auto-negotiate I have tried monkeying with NIC settings it is an onboard Realtek to no avail I have also installed an Intel PRO XT Server NIC just to see if it was a Realtek issue No change Here's the kicker my Win Panasonic laptop connected to the same LAN does not suffer this same problem In fact when I run the same copy the speed is about twice as fast as on the Win PC in question before the PC hangs up of course Any ideas that I might try would be appreciated I have even recently reinstalled Win from scratch hoping that might fix it EndGame

A:Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL

Same thing happens in my LAN between both Seven Ultimate x86 and x64 and a XP Pro SP3 file server, and also no problem copying from a Toshiba U200-182 laptop with Seven Pro x86 (Upgrade disk from Toshiba)to the same xp machine, also note that there is a normal transfer speed between al Seven platforms....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77706-win7-workstation-winxp-server-file-copy-fail.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Even though the tutorial on this forum says there should be a custom option, I don't seem to have it.

Any thoughts on how can I bring it back?

P.S. Does anyone know what that "winrt--{***}-" folder is?

A:"Custom" option missing from "Search again in"

Anyone? Is it the same on your machines too, or just me?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/40999-custom-option-missing-search-again.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Recently my computer has been very slow in logging in and shutting down. Also my computer has been freezing for atleast 20 seconds or more until I have to just shut it down. I also found last night that my Malawarebytes scanner found this "Rogue Installer" which I deleted. My computer is still running slow to shutdown so I'm not sure if this program is still in. Actually, for a few months I had been having some trouble(intrusions) with some type of virus.

Today, I wanted to try to clean the computer on Safe mode. I tried numerous of times by clicking fast or holding down the f8 key for safemode but nothing happens.

My second option was mscongfig box but I found there was no "BOOT. INI" option. I'm not sure if there is a way to restore this option? If not, is there an easier option to generate safemode? Thanks

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello First of all thanks for this space and for the help I am experiencing "MemoryManagement", BSODs in total 64 also "SystemServiceException" and Win7 freezes two kinds of BSODs on my Win They are System Service Exception and Memory Management Also I am getting complete freezes of the kind where keyboard stop working mouse too everything and you have to turn of CPU to restart These problems occur mostly when using Google Chrome Youtube often and playing games such as Need Ford Speed Carbon Sid Meiers Railroads Grid Left Dead and others Also when streaming music This machine of mine is brand new has around months of use and has been assembled from several parts BSODs "SystemServiceException" and "MemoryManagement", also total freezes in Win7 64 bought separatedly The freezes and BSODs happen since the purchase and installation of Chrome and games I never installed other operating systems on this PC Windows bits is BSODs "SystemServiceException" and "MemoryManagement", also total freezes in Win7 64 the first It is a top class machine with grade on most items except disks OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system This one OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version Full retail Age of system months Age of OS installation months also CPU - Athlon II X Video Card - ATI Radeon HD MotherBoard - Ecs Black Series A gxm-Ad Am Ddr GX SB Power Supply - brand amp wattage - OCZ SXS watts Memory - GB DDR Corsair Disks - WDC WD AACS GB and MAXTOR STM AS GB The required ZIP files are attached Thanks

A:BSODs "SystemServiceException" and "MemoryManagement", also total freezes in Win7 64

Hi -

As you know, the files are in Portuguese, but the dumps are in the universal language of hexadecimal and I did find a few things which may help.

The bugchecks on the 8 mini kernel memory dump files -

(4) 0x3b (0xc0000005,,,) = system service exception, 0xc0000005 = memory access violation

(4) 0x1a (0x41790,,,) = memory management error

Both could be caused by rogue 3rd party drivers. Daemon Tool/ Alcohol/ other CD emulation software is undoubted involved and needs to be removed.

Update the first two drivers. Remove Daemon/ Alcohol and the burning app containing the pcouffin.sys driver -

Code:

netr7364.sys Thu Mar 12 23:13:08 2009 (49B9CF44) - RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card

RTKVHD64.sys Fri May 22 14:04:20 2009 (4A16E924) - Realtek HD audio

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632) - CD emulation

a0omnhk0.SYS Fri Aug 07 09:30:20 2009 (4A7C2C6C) - unknown; dynamically allocated by CD emulation software

pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:30 2006 (457584A2) - CD/ DVD burning driver
Your wifi is probably either Linksys or Ralink. Try both sites.
Linksys --> http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support
Ralink --> http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php

Realtek --> http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/

Remove Daemon/Alcohol, update the wifi driver and the Realtek audio driver and see if BSODs persist.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Tue Apr 13 08:35:09.744 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:14.398
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d2de13, fffff880071faee0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+e3 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Sat Apr 10 06:45:30.474 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:59.503
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80008a2c40, ffff, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+339d6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Apr 9 08:33:59.241 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:22.270
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d62105, fffff88007dd5c90, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiGetTopLevelPfn+65 )
Debug session time: Thu Apr 8 22:30:33.678 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:55.707
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8000847320, ffff, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SURFACE::bDeleteSurface+3c8 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
Debug session time: Wed Apr 7 20:36:32.284 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:14.313
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d10105, fffff88007bf8c90, 0}
Debug session time: Wed Apr 7 08:35:28.246 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:13.275
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d64105, fffff8800811dc90, 0}
Debug session time: Sat Apr ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-systemserviceexception-and-memorymanagement-also-total-freezes-in-win7-64-a-476077.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hello Im having trouble with virus [COLOR="darkorange"][/COLOR][B][/B]Win32/Rustock.gen!C my computer and i hope you can help me I am using windows xp sp and there are updates that i cant install like this one Update for Windows XP KB every time that i am trying to install it the computer crash it also happens when i install mp and IE when i send the problem to microsoft it says that the problem occur because of Win Rustock gen C virus these are my logs main txt Deckard's System Scanner v Run by Ben Antler on - - at Computer is in Normal Mode -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- HijackThis run as Ben Antler exe ------------------------------------------ Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files IVT Corporation BlueSoleil BTNtService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS Gtwatch exe C WINDOWS gtwatch exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Util FIX XP dss exe C Util FIX XP BENANT EXE [COLOR="darkorange"][/COLOR][B][/B]Win32/Rustock.gen!C virus R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http [COLOR="darkorange"][/COLOR][B][/B]Win32/Rustock.gen!C virus www google co il O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run C WINDOWS Gtwatch exe O - HKLM Run Gtwatch C WINDOWS gtwatch exe O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe O - Extra context menu item amp - Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button ICQ Lite - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem ICQ Lite - B A- C - e f-A D-A CD E - C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite exe O - Extra button no name - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem xpsp res dll - - e e dd -d - - b -f ba - windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe file missing O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C WINDOWS System shdocvw dll O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid O - DPF ED - B- DA -BF -BE C EC Windows Live Safety Center Base Module - http cdn scan onecare live com res scbase cab O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsof O - DPF E A- D- EE - C-DC FA D FC MUWebControl Class - http update microsoft com microsof O - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http acs pandasoftware com actives ree asinst cab O - DPF D B F -F - E A- ECB-CCC F LauncherV Class - http www tapuz co il irc main launcher cab O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip BE F -DC A- - F -F E NameServer O - AppInit DLLs msisnwcf dll O - Winlogon Notify WgaLogon - C WINDOWS O - Service Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc - C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe O - Service ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system ati sgag exe O... Read more

A:[COLOR="darkorange"][/COLOR][B][/B]Win32/Rustock.gen!C virus

never mind...

i fixed the problem...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/color-darkorange-color-b-b-win32-rustock-gen-c-virus-148427.html
Relevancy 83.85%

System - Windows 7 Home Premium - 64 bit
After Mcafee scan shows: 2 "unresolved issues". They are 1. Generic PUP.x!ct 2. Generic PUP.z!ca. Mcafee says under "potentially unwanted programs" that they were "unable to delete" these malware programs. What are they and are they harmful to my system? How do I remove them if necessary? I am a bit of a novice so thanks for the help. THX, SK

A:"Generic PUP.z!ca" & "Generic PUP.x!ct" Mcafee - "unable to delete" after scan

Hi there.

Those are most probably false positives. What files are being detected as such?

When something is labeled "Generic" it means that McAfee doesn't know what it is but that it looks like something else it knows about.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/generic-pup-z-ca-generic-pup-x-ct-mcafee-unable-to-delete-after-scan.907150/
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey Friends I guess its not only me having this is it Many of and and Dialog ".CHK Windows Files" "Scan Box" Fix us have it right so whats the thing which brings up this dialog box gt Scan and Fix or Continue without scanning gt when you connect an external device to your computer i had some time some bad day of mine when i clicked on the Scan and Fix and the result was the windows converted a very large number of my files into CHK files hidden in the HDD and i still cannot find a way to recover those most most important files of mine they are text files I did recover a large bundle of files but not the ones i actually needed more than anything those text files i have gone through literally files and recovered almost everything gt videos movies images and messed up bits of large installation files of softwares like AE broken down to many many small pieces but that doesnt matter that stuff can be recovered softwares and movies and songs but the text files are still among those CHK files i have which are still more than Anyone have anything regarding this is more than Welcome to share their Knowledge Thanks

A:Windows "Scan and Fix Dialog Box" and ".CHK Files"

Sounds like checkdisk is running and finding a problem with a hard drive and attempting a repair

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/234506-windows-scan-fix-dialog-box-chk-files.html
Relevancy 82.99%

hi,

i have tried a bunch of times tonight to run my "Ad-Aware" and wasn't able to, then i tried both my "HJT" as well as my killbox (just to see if it would load, didn't), and wasn't able to because of some "OLEAUT32.dll". i don't know if i am in the correct forum for help with this or not, but i thought it was worth a shot, if anyone can assist me i'd be grateful.
if i'm in the wrong forum please tip me off to that as well, as well as a hint which one to use, thanx!

i run windows me

i guess i shoulda said it said the OLEAUT32.dll, is out of date and those programs need a newer version

A:Solved: Can't run my "Ad-Aware", "HJT" or virus scan

Hi, You need the VB Runtime files to replace the newer OLEAUT32.dll file:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F9-B5C5-48F4-8EDD-CDF2D29A79D5&displaylang=en

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-run-my-ad-aware-hjt-or-virus-scan.356095/
Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.27%

When I plugin an external USB hard disc or USB stick it appears that Windows 7 pops up a dialog window asking me:

"Do you want to scan and fix removable disc?"

After reading a while in Internet I saw two methods for disabling these popups:

1.) Disabling service "Shell Hardware detection"

2.) enabling "Turn off Autoplay" in gpedit.msc

Whats the difference?

I want be sure that if I plugin a new USB device (like an USB stick or USB printer or USB hard disc) this USB hardware IS successfuly detected and joined by Windows 7.

So I can imagine that the first method is too brutal because it prevents inclusion of new USB devices

Is this correct?

If yes: Why is it recommended so often for avoiding the popup?

Peter

A:Disable popup "Do you want to scan and fix remov.device""? 2 methods?

You get that message because Windows detects something wrong with the file system on the device. This can happen if the device was unplugged without "Safely Removing Hardware", and a transfer was not complete.

The methods you mention just mask the problem.

You can let Windows scan and fix the drive, choose: fix file system errors.
or, do a full format on the drive, not the quick format.
Or, run Chkdsk /f X: manually, X = the problem drive letter, you may have to run it more than once.

It is always a good idea to move all data off the drive first, then copy it back after the fix is complete. This also fixes bad file problems that can contribute to the error.

The drive probably has it's "Dirty Bit" set. This is a single Hex value that tells Windows the file system is no good. Chkdsk and formatting will often reset the dirty bit, but sometimes not on the first attempt.

To see if the dirty bit is set:
Open a command prompt > Start > type: cmd > right-click on Command Prompt and choose “Run as administrator”
and then type:
fsutil dirty query x:
(substitute the letter "x" with the drive letter that is giving you problems)

If the dirty bit is set you will get a message that "Volume X is DIRTY".

Keep running chkdsk /r , or chkdsk /f /r until the dirty bit clears.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/297857-disable-popup-do-you-want-scan-fix-remov-device-2-methods.html
Relevancy 81.27%

"Windows cannot find C:\windpws\system32\rstui.exe"; also "wfn.exe"
Any help provided would be most appreciated.
Thank you!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 4026 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 310M , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 598095 MB, Free - 540781 MB;
Motherboard: TOSHIBA, NWQAA, 1.00, 123456789AB
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 80.84%

Windows 7 comes with Sticky Notes, which is very nice. I use it often enough that I would like to put it in the list of options when you right click and choose "New". What is the best way to do that?
For that matter, what is the best way to trim this list, as it has stuff in it that serves no useful purpose for me.
I'll bet there is already a thread for this, if someone could please point me to it, I would be grateful.

A:Win7 - how to Add "Sticky Note" to right click "New".

Okay, Google is my friend. I found out how to trim the list, but I still don't know exactly how to add Sticky Notes to it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-how-to-add-sticky-note-to-right-click-new-567441.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I m trying to do a fresh install of Windows Ultimate bit but i can t get "insert boot underscore" installer. and media" boot into Win7 Cannot "flashing proper the installer to load I have access to a Xubuntu install and a OS X install The original hard drive Windows was installed on stopped working completely So I ve bought a brand new one I followed the steps I did the first time I installed Windows - converting the iso to and img with OS X s hdiutil and Cannot boot into Win7 installer. "insert proper boot media" and "flashing underscore" the dd command to burn it to a USB This time I would just get a quot please insert proper boot media quot error I went to my Xubuntu computer it s used like a chromebook - i m not a big linux guy and tried WinUSB These USB keys lead to a screen that had a flashing underscore a few spaces from the top of the screen It dawned on me that the first thing I did when I installed windows the first time was update the bios So I tried flashing a few different BIOS versions but none of them made a difference gt I really need help - I can t think of anything else to try Thank you very much TL DR Cannot boot into Win installer OS X made USB keys show quot insert proper boot media quot - Ubuntu made keys show quot flashing underscore quot - Tried different BIOS versions Win -has- worked here before Intel Core i - Quad-Core Processor GHz LGA Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H Motherboard Gigabyte GeForce GTX Corsair GB x GB -Pin SDRAM DDR Corsair W nbsp

A:Cannot boot into Win7 installer. "insert proper boot media" and "flashing underscore"

From where did you buy Windows 7 Ultimate? Did you not get a set of two DVDs with your purchase?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-boot-into-win7-installer-insert-proper-boot-media-and-flashing-underscore.1121694/
Relevancy 79.98%

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 professional x64 hoping to fix the above mentioned problem. After a complete re-install Im getting the same errors.

Im not sure of the proper terminology here, but during startup the computer does a scan of all hardware and "Volume 0" has a "failed" message.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a few restarts and pointless boot menu visits the computer starts up fine.

I tried windows repair feature by booting from the disk, but when I get to the window where i select the operating system to repair, its empty. Drive C, where the operating system is, is not showing.

I have a feeling that the hard drive itself has gone bad and is very unstable. Please let me know if I'm missing something or we just need to get a new HD.

Thank you

A:Win7 pro startup error "Boot MGR missing"/"Operating System Not Found

What type of hdd do you have. For example if you have a Seagate drive, there is software you can run to do a diagonostic on the hdd before the operating system boots.
This would be a good idea, especially if you were having same issues when Vista Home Premium was installed first.

Do you have more than one hdd installed. If yes, make sure in BIOS settings, the proper drive is selected for First Boot. And better yet make sure its the only drive attached when booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185400-win7-pro-startup-error-boot-mgr-missing-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I m helping a friend with a Dell Inspiron He gave someone remote access and got infected with some nasty trojans I want to wipe the hard drive and reinstall Windows He has no Dell reinstallation media and never made factory friend's disc Pro Win7 I reinstall a "my" PC use Can to on with infested malware? Win7 Dell discs When his computer boots it boots to Windows Professional But the sticker on top of the computer says Windows Home Premium above the product key He told me he did a Windows Anytime Upgrade to Windows Professional from the Microsoft Store years ago and showed me a receipt with the Upgrade Key on it He said he downloaded the upgrade file but has no idea where it is now Can I use quot my quot Dell Windows Professional reinstallation disc to reinstall the OS or will his Dell reject that because he originally had Windows Home Premium before Can I use "my" Dell Win7 Pro disc to reinstall Win7 on a friend's PC infested with malware? he upgraded to Professional If I can will I be able to enter his Windows Anytime Upgrade Key even though I m using a Dell disc If this isn t going to work I d appreciate any suggestions on how to accomplish this

A:Can I use "my" Dell Win7 Pro disc to reinstall Win7 on a friend's PC infested with malware?

Jupitermoon,
If you are able to get online with your friends computer you can click the link below and follow the instructions to download Windows 7 from Microsoft. Since he already paid for the upgrade and has the key code there should be no problems. There is also a link below to download the drivers for the Inspiron 620 below.
Windows Anytime Upgrade
Inspiron 620 Drivers and Downloads
Drivers Install Order and Help
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19670968
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

Can anyone provide me a way to remap the esc key to any key combination
i'd choose, during the booting process only.

Once i reached the desktop after the booting process, this tweak shouldn't
be active & escape would still act as esc .. .

This would allow me to erase sensitive data under autoexec.nt
without any way to escape the process & only i would know
which key combination interrupts the erasing process during
a restart or starting windows.

Relevancy 76.97%

My office just upgraded and I can no longer use Windows XP On this system I was able to add a separate taskbar to facilitate quick access to commonly-browsed folder locations on our vast network and another one expedited the launching of useful programs and lists Each task on each taskbar was represented with a big custom icon to save eye strain I had them installed in opposite vertical margins and they "Launchpads", to "Toolbars" for "Docks" (MSese "TASKBARS" NOT add Need were set on auto-hide to keep them out of the way when not being used Just move your mouse pointer to the left or right margin and BAM Sorry for the cliche but I really got used to the convenience of what I had set up and I just don't think I Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars" can be as efficient without anything comparable Now there appears to be nothing comparable in the Windows GUI and it's making me sick with rage I see only the option to put a quot toolbar quot on an existing quot taskbar quot and no option to create any additional taskbars This cramps up your one-and-only taskbar plus the tiny toolbar access buttons require way too much precision for anything that's supposed to be quick When you've figured out how to bring up that ridiculous button the list that it yields is small enough to cause painful eyestrain - nothing efficient much less cool about this at all I have seen customization options in other OS GUIs that may have resolved some of these issues but I see none such in W I have tried every google search string that I can think of and found no answer that deals with anything other than adding that stupid toolbar to the only taskbar that Microsoft will allow you in W So If I'm wrong and have missed some options how do I access them Otherwise I'm hoping there are developers who know what I am talking about and have software to enable the creation of separate taskbars launchpads Can anybody help with either

A:Need to add "TASKBARS" (MSese for "Launchpads", "Docks" NOT "Toolbars"

Several possibilities here: Second taskbar in windows7? [Solved] - Windows 7 - Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306313-need-add-taskbars-msese-launchpads-docks-not-toolbars.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Is it possible to upgrade in place from win7 32bit to win7 64bit.

Is it better to do a clean new 64bit install?

thank-you!

A:upgrade win7 32bit to win7 64bit "in place" ?

A fresh install is your only option

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/32850-upgrade-win7-32bit-win7-64bit-place.html
Relevancy 76.54%

What is the difference between the "windows vista standard" and "windows vista basic" color schemes (under windows color and appearance > open classic appearance options)? They both look exactly the same to me.

A:Vista color schemes: "vista standard" vs "vista basic"

Technically they are not the same if you look at your close, minimize and maximize and the color scheme they are different.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/212449-vista-color-schemes-vista-standard-vs-vista-basic.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Okay, so I recently moved to try and get a more simple look on one of my laptops. I have found that I like using the Soft7 2.0 theme with Token icons. But what I have noticed is that my clock no long matches. I'm wanting to know how do I change my clock color to something that matches and is a little more easy to read. Like black.

Also, I would like to get rid of that awful "Show Desktop" button in the bottom right. I have tried the tool from Kishan but it doesn't stay. When I click on anything involving the notification tray, it just pops back up. Does anyone have a fix for this?

A:How do I change clock color and remove the "Show Desktop" button?

There you go:
Windows 7 Show Desktop Button Remover : Remove Windows 7 Show Desktop Button With One Click | door2windows
you may find the answer at the bottom:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...7-f3fb54617af2

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/179901-how-do-i-change-clock-color-remove-show-desktop-button.html
Relevancy 76.11%

When I scroll my volume control the neon green line shows up: IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII and I would love to change it to another color. I am using a PC run by WIndows XP. Any way to do this? I didn't see a place in the display properties at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-the-neon-green-master-volume-indicator-color-be-changed.953318/
Relevancy 76.11%

I can't find my font I want to use in Window Color and Apperance, I'm using in all my themes, programs (that I can change) and everything, but I can't find it in this.

A:Can't find specific font in "Window Color and Apperance"

Do you have that font installed?

Are you asking about the fonts that show up in the list as in the screenshot below?

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/310185-cant-find-specific-font-window-color-apperance.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello,

I have been looking all over the net and have not found a solution. I know that"feature" that matches the button icon is supposed to help, but this is quiet aggravating. my question is, how do I disable the color feature, meaning when i hover over a taskbar button it matches the icon of the program, how do I stop this?

Thanks,
Ryan

A:Help me disable the taskbar button color highlight "feature".

... You can try using a UI tweaker.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/97833-help-me-disable-taskbar-button-color-highlight-feature.html
Relevancy 76.11%

This problem in Firefox started around the time of the V video drivers for ATI HD video cards I have an HD running v and an HD running v Or it might have been around the time v of Firefox came out I'm currently using v Don't know exactly So the problem may be tied to v of the ATI video drivers or it might be to a recent version of Firefox Unclear Since the issue does not show up with Internet Explorer but only with Firefox I decided to post the question here rather than only Firefox "Color text, with ATI video card, ringing" on in the Video sub-forum Anyway the problem is that text displayed or in a composition window like this as I write often seems to quot vibrate quot with colors around the letters Kind of like a quot video convergence quot problem on an old CRT where the RGB guns were not all focused on the same spot Seems that scrolling the page up or down can often cure the problem as the screen is re-painted or most often it just kind of disappears on its own after a while for some reason Anybody else notice this Here's what it looks like Amazingly I was able to get a screenshot before the quot color "Color ringing" on text, ATI video card, only with Firefox ringing quot disappeared and everything was once again perfect black text

A:"Color ringing" on text, ATI video card, only with Firefox

Well, whoever the culprit is... either (a) ATI Catalyst v13.1 or higher, or (b) Firefox v20 or higher... the "workaround" seems to be to TURN OFF HARDWARE ACCELERATION IN FIREFOX.

Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> General tab, and then un-check "use hardware acceleration" item in the Browsing group.

That definitely eliminates the symptom.

But it also has the undesirable (for me, anyway) effect of eliminating all of the benefits of hardware acceleration! And in particular, on SevenForums because of the forum software and the method of presenting text in posts, when hardware acceleration is disabled the text lines in posts have a horizontally closer together character spacing, and also a vertically closer together line spacing. This makes it slightly "denser" than when hardware acceleration is enabled and things have a slightly larger horizontal and vertical spacing for the identical text.

I went through a similar story last year when Firefox blacklisted Catalyst 12.8, automatically disabling hardware acceleration because of instability issues. I had to go back to Catalyst 12.6 to be able to retain hardware acceleration, at least until ATI resolved the driver issue in 12.10.
So for now, at least I understand that I'm not crazy, and that there's nothing really wrong with my systems.

The problem is definitely software somewhere, either in Catalyst or in Firefox, but obviously it's a relatively new software problem. And hopefully it will eventually go away as one or the other software vendors corrects something which is at the heart of the problem.

In the meantime, I'll "live with it" (annoying as it is) since it kind of generally self-disappears as I scroll pages up and down, which is "good enough" for me. I prefer how things look on this forum with hardware acceleration enabled, so that's the biggest influence for this decision.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/292171-color-ringing-text-ati-video-card-only-firefox.html
Relevancy 76.11%

If any one could help me out with my printing problem I would really appreciate it From the quality of the posts I can see that there are some smart people here and I hope my question won't on print - "vellum" 3100cn Dell laser color isn t stupid If you have a question ask someone smarter than you right I am trying to print colored text on a sheet of quot vellum quot plastic really or translucent paper lbs letter-sized on a Dell cn color laser printer The only paper setting using the Manual Paper Feed MPF that will recognize and try to print Dell 3100cn color laser - won't print on "vellum" is quot Transparency quot When I chose that option the paper feeds but then stops and I receive and error message to open the back of the printer and remove the sheet I have tried all other paper plain plain cover cover label coated coated etc and in all cases the response Dell 3100cn color laser - won't print on "vellum" is quot Load XXX quot I have printed on this very brand and color of translucent paper in the past with color laser printers without problem so I believe it can be done but I have not had any success at all trying to print on my cn with this paper or its lighter version Is it the paper Is it my printer I was under the impression that the Dell cn could print on quot vellum quot or translucent paper Am I wrong If you know how to configure the Dell cn to print on this type of paper please reply as soon as possible Any and all advice is sincerely appreciated nbsp

A:Dell 3100cn color laser - won't print on "vellum"

Try another brand of vellum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-3100cn-color-laser-wont-print-on-vellum.51734/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi

I tried searching for this but couldn't find satisfactory information. Maybe I am using the wrong search terms.

I want to change the "Mouse-Hover-over-a-Menu" Color.
This is really tough on eyes & I wouldn't mind a dark blue color.
Can someone please point me in a specific direction, like
if Visual Styles are needed which one should I use because I am
pretty OK with other GUI elements.

I have attached the image. In this image, I am Right-clicking on the
Desktop & am hovering the mouse over the Refresh menu-title.

Thank you.

A:Change "Mouse-Hover-over-a-Menu" Color in Windows 7

How can i change the hover and selection color?

Maybe the above old thread may help you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/340093-change-mouse-hover-over-menu-color-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Ok so im new here so hey everybody to the point my laptop is quot stuttering quot lagging skipping whatever you wanna call it its doing it my video music and cursor skip every second for a splt second it starts on start-up and dont stop til i turn my laptop off it happens in a pattern its not random ive done checked my drivers spyware and m RAM is good so can someone please help me could it be because my battery wont hold a charger so it has to be hooked up to the charger at ALL times or it dies Example is the charger not got the quot juice quot to run the laptop by itself so it studders skips i dont know if this has report viewer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" Whole Solved: (PLEASE computer .. event have anything to do with my problem but i ran quot event viewer quot and found this The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Cdrom Imapi redbook PLEASE HELP OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Genuine Intel R CPU Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc FF HWPLLB CN S Antivirus McAfee VirusScan Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disable nbsp

A:Solved: Whole computer "studders"/"skips"/"lags" .. have event viewer report (PLEASE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-whole-computer-studders-skips-lags-have-event-viewer-report-please.981934/
Relevancy 76.11%

I double-click and get "search" instead of "open"--only when I click a disk, like Hard Drive C: or Floppy A: or CD F: and so on.

It didn't used to do this, so I must've inadvertently changed some setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it now.

Any ideas?

A:Solved: On the "my computer" list, I double-click on disks and get "search" instead of "open"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-on-the-my-computer-list-i-double-click-on-disks-and-get-search-instead-of-open.407035/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi --

I just migrated to a new hard drive and did a clean install of Win7 (did not have SP1 on the DVD).

During the Updating process, windows stopped working and I received an error, something about running Update again, etc. So I rebooted and finished the Upgrading process...no further problems noted.

However, I view the "Installed Updates" and see that KB2604114 and about 20 other updates "FAILED." But when I view the "Update History," it lists KB2604114 and the others as "installed."

I'm confused. Are the updates I'm referring to "FAILED" or are they properly installed?

Thanks!

A:Win7 - "View Update History" vs. "Installed Update"

In your description, you might have switched the observations.

"History" is a log that tracks attempts at installing specific updates. One user might have multiple failed attempts for a particular update; or multiple successful attempts if one was looking for a source of a problem.

"Installed updates" records the last successful installation of a specific update; no timestamp, just the date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/247462-win7-view-update-history-vs-installed-update.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have this trvia bot inserts trvia questions into a given chat program and i have gone throughout the files and have seen where it says quot dword quot but what i dont see is where they put their quot color code quot The thing is set to some annoying blue and i cant figure out where to change it under the file im opening it has a sub-line called quot H file quot is this a help file telling me how the programmer structured the prog and im in the wrong place Below is what im seeing I dont get it this may even be color in a Changing prog "DWORD" text the wrong place for this thread Maybe I need a programmer s help calling all proggies define Changing "DWORD" text color in a prog BOT EVENT ROOM TEXT x room text nickname std string x Changing "DWORD" text color in a prog text std string x attributes BYTE x size BYTE x color DWORD x effects DWORD x charset BYTE x pitch and family BYTE x font name std string x Thanks a lot from your newest poster -E- nbsp

A:Changing "DWORD" text color in a prog

The syntax colouring is done by the specific text editor you use. If you were so kind and actually told us what program you are using, then we might be able to help you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/changing-dword-text-color-in-a-prog.78409/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey all I m new to this forum but it seems to have some very bright people here hope I don t bring the IQ level down too much Anyway I sort "not by when cell responding" color try to Excel have a very large excel file about rows whittled Excel "not responding" when try to sort by cell color down from over Each row is basically the details of each property in a specific county I ve deleted a lot of rows I don t need Then I highlighted all the duplicates in one column ie owners name who owns multiple properties I did this by highlighting the entire column and then going to Conditional Formatting Highlight Cell Rules Duplicate Values I just kept with the default Light Red Fill with Dark Red Text When I try to sort by cell color or font color it just freezes The top of the sort box simply says quot Sort Not Responding quot I ve read some of the other posts and I ve gone in and deleted a couple of the old files with the xlsb extension I ve redownloaded the data several times and sorted it to the point I can but always get hung up when I try to sort by cell color What can be causing this Or better yet how can I fix it as I really don t care what s causing it I just want it to stop Any help will be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:Excel "not responding" when try to sort by cell color

Hi, welcome to the forum.
You forgot to mention which version of Excel you're using but the number of rows and the conditional color scheme suggests either 2007 or higher
There is one anoying feature in excel and that is qhen you're processing a large ammount of data the message "... (Not Reponding)" often appears but in reality it's still busy.
I fell for that in the beginning and being impatient like I am I generally tried ending the process to see what was wrong.
I learnt to be patient (with Excel) and let it 'do it's job' and when it's finished . . . it worked.
Did you try and give it the time too?
Without the data and the way you are explaining it I assume that this could be the issue, it's working but you don't see it doing anything.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-not-responding-when-try-to-sort-by-cell-color.1100007/
Relevancy 75.68%

While printing some pages, my printer got a Paper Jam error, and when I opened it up to check, there was magenta powder everywhere! It is mostly on the rollers at the bottom, and all over the front of the magenta cartridge (which happens to be the bottom one), and some on the black filmy thing. So anyway I'm wondering if this is fixable or should I get a new printer? This one is out of warranty; HP phone support could not help me but they suggested email support - I've waited 5 days and no reply. I really loved this printer! It was fast, any computer in the house could print to it, and I've only replaced one cartridge so far.

A:HP 3600N color laserjet cartridge "explosion"

if there was powder all over the place it sounds to me like that particular color had been getting everywhere and dried up over time. It wouldnt have dried to a powder in the few moments between getting a jam and you checking it.

Could be a bad cartridge, bad printhead... bad anything. My suggestion is to clean it up, replace the cartridge and see how it works.

The "black filmy thing" is probably just the ribbon cable that controls the ink cartridge, but the only real way to be sure is to replace what you can replace (the ink, and possibly at a later date the printhead if this model has one) and see if it works.

The good news is that the networking feature has been in printers for ages now. it is just a matter of setting it up. Many printers these days are capable of it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-3600n-color-laserjet-cartridge-explosion.765670/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi The title says it all but let me clarify anyway -The problem mostly occurs when running demos you can find at Pouet net and rarely but still do happen in other application games - After some testing I'm fairly sure the problem is due to change message color to you "Do to want disable the How scheme" the GPU memory being used to the max or near the max So lower resolution simpler textures and turning off post processing like MSAA should help It should but it does not always I How to disable "Do you want to change the color scheme" message suspect Windows to trigger low resources alert much too easily in fact giving false positive all the time Like when decompressing large textures and busting the max VRAM cap even for a faction of a second If I find my system sluggish I will take the necessary action no need for Windows to interrupt me all the time -Yes I have searched an answer extensively on Google here and other forum for the last hour Threads from to - No none of the provided suggestions worked as NONE of the suggestions precisely addressed the goal of eliminating the popup windows completely In conclusion I'm asking a simple question that How to disable "Do you want to change the color scheme" message can be answered by yes or no Do you yes or no know how to disable the Windows message quot How to disable "Do you want to change the color scheme" message Do you want to change the color scheme to improve performance quot If the answer is yes please give me the detailed procedure and I will be eternally grateful If the answer is no sorry to be blunt but your wild guesses are of no interest to me Technically this thread should have reply and reply only with the correct procedure Thanks in advance Ramon

A:How to disable "Do you want to change the color scheme" message

Don't know if this will be of any help - I have an i7 and a good gfx card, but I have one program that insists on changing the theme. The prog is the screen recording app Camtasia, and it's really annoying to get interrupted 2 mins into a session. My solution was to create a basic theme that I named 'recording' with no aero etc that I switch to before I do any Camtasia stuff.

R-click the desktop and > personalize, then click Windows 7 basic and tweak desktop, colors etc to your liking. R-click this unsaved theme and give it a name. Then when you are doing your 'demos' or whatever, switch to the basic theme first. It's a PITA, but that's what I have to do on my fairly powerful system (o/c i7-2600K, GTX 750Ti 2GB, 8GB RAM).

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/378081-how-disable-do-you-want-change-color-scheme-message.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Well I have a old discontinued hp 170 color copier. Awhile ago it started "bleeding" ink. It finally got to the point where it was going through one black cartridge a week. So we decided to buy a new one. Well boss wants to know if anything can be replaced to fix it. I'm guessing no, but I could be wrong. So here I am, if anyone has any info on replacement parts message back.
Thanks,
Svelay

A:Solved: Hp model 170 color copier is "bleeding".

Yes it can be fixed, at a high cost the cartridges are combination of print heat and storage tank and the print head is controlled by the printers main board, this is telling the print head to inject but not telling it to hold, therefore it's empting the tank probably threw one or two jets, that's why it takes a week to empty it, the only way to fix it is to send it to HP and let them fix it, there are no consumer replaceable electronics in it, it will cost more then two times what you paid for it when it was new.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hp-model-170-color-copier-is-bleeding.326066/
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm using MS Outlook 2000 and I would like to use the color BLUE for my fonts by default when ever I create/compose new mail.

When ever I go FORMAT, FONTS, on the menu bar to change it, the next new mail I create will default back to BLACK.

Does anybody know how to set the color and use it as default.

Thanks in advance....

Charlton

Relevancy 75.68%

I have a color photo I have been using for years on various projects (small sample attached). Recently, I started having a few items printed professionally, and the results are rather poor. The blue background comes out looking gray, and the food colors are all dark and lifeless. On my end, the image looks great on my monitor and when printed on an inkjet printer.

Obviously, the problems are due to the conversion between the RGB image and the CMYK printing process.

I don't have any software that can convert to CMYK, and at least one of the printers wants a JPG source anyway.

On my last project, I sent a hard copy proof for them to color match, but the final result wasn't much better than the standard color matching.

So, I'm curious if there's anything I can do on my end that will improve the quality of the final image when printed?

Relevancy 75.68%

I added an existing VHD XP SP guest OS which I originally created in Virtual PC running on an XP SP host OS to Hyper-V via the Hyper-V Manager It worked fine except I have no quot Insert Integration Services Setup Disk quot option in the Action menu so Setup No Services option Disk" "Insert Integration Hyper-V: I have no video sound or network drivers in the guest OS I've already uninstalled the Virtual Machine Additions package from the guest OS which is Virtual PC's version of Hyper-V Integration Services rebooted as well as deleted and reattached the VHD from Hyper-V Manager several times to no avail There is no VMGUEST ISO file in my Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option Windows System folder either so I Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option can't attach it to the guest OS's virtual DVD drive manually I wish I could just have Virtual PC back Even if I weren't having this particular issue Hyper-V looks like a downgrade to me at least with regard to what I use a virtual machine for Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option Virtual PC's keyboard shortcuts are better the shutdown options are better and the methods of attaching disc images are better Hyper-V does seem to have plenty of powerful features that Virtual PC doesn't have none of which I care about though I only use a virtual machine as a sandboxed test bed for potentially malicious software and websites and once I have the guest OS configured the way I want it I always revert it back to that clean state when I'm finished Virtual PC was perfect for this and I doubt highly that there is any real reason why it can't run on Windows In fact I read a forum post where someone upgraded from Windows which they had Virtual PC installed on to Windows and Virtual PC continued to work fine However when you try to install Virtual PC on Windows you get the same x error that you get when you try to install it on Windows which tells me that Microsoft is just being belligerent i e arbitrarily blocking the installation on Windows and just to irritate people

A:Hyper-V: No "Insert Integration Services Setup Disk" option

Hi MaximRecoil, welcome to the Ten Forums.

All integration components are included in Hyper-V, there is no separate integration setup disk available. The full integration is called Enhanced Mode and it is only available for Windows 8 and later, Windows Server 2012 and later and Red Hat Enterprise and CentOS Linux guest operating systems. The Enhanced Mode adds for instance audio and video support.

For the network issues, Windows XP requires a so called Legacy Network Adapter to be used on guests. Using the legacy adapter Windows XP has fully working network connections. About setting up a Windows XP guest in Hyper-V, see the tutorial (Part Five is about XP / Vista virtual machines): Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Running legacy Windows guests (as your Windows XP guest) in Hyper-V is best done using the Remote Desktop Connection instead of the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection application. Simply allow remote desktop connections in XP guest and use RDC to connect to it to get full audio and video. Remote Desktop tutorial: RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/17050-hyper-v-no-insert-integration-services-setup-disk-option.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Dell Studio with Win home premium bit I want to use the built-in recovery but after pressing F I click on Repair Your Computer not backup) option Your (restoring Computer" factory "Repair working and Windows begins to load instead of going to the recovery GUI I am "Repair Your Computer" option not working (restoring factory backup) trying to restore the system to it's factory settings and it had worked approximately two years ago but now it won't I do not have a recovery disc because there is no optical disc in this machine Any Suggestions After reading previous threads I opened the elevated command prompt and ran c bcd txt and got Code Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device partition Device HarddiskVolume description Windows Boot Manager locale en-us inherit globalsettings default current resumeobject b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f displayorder current toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier current device partition C path Windows system winload exe description Windows locale en-us "Repair Your Computer" option not working (restoring factory backup) inherit bootloadersettings recoverysequence b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f recoveryenabled Yes osdevice partition C systemroot Windows resumeobject "Repair Your Computer" option not working (restoring factory backup) b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f nx OptIn bootstatuspolicy IgnoreShutdownFailures Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f device ramdisk Device HarddiskVolume Recovery WindowsRE winre wim b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f path windows system winload exe description Windows Recovery Environment inherit bootloadersettings osdevice ramdisk Device HarddiskVolume Recovery WindowsRE winre wim b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f systemroot windows nx OptIn winpe Yes Resume from Hibernate --------------------- identifier b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f device partition C path Windows system winresume exe description Windows Resume Application locale en-US inherit resumeloadersettings filedevice partition C filepath hiberfil sys debugoptionenabled No Windows Memory Tester --------------------- identifier memdiag device partition Device HarddiskVolume path boot memtest exe description Windows Memory Diagnostic locale en-US inherit globalsettings badmemoryaccess Yes EMS Settings ------------ identifier emssettings bootems Yes Debugger Settings ----------------- identifier dbgsettings debugtype Serial debugport baudrate RAM Defects ----------- identifier badmemory Global Settings --------------- identifier globalsettings inherit dbgsettings emssettings badmemory Boot Loader Settings -------------------- identifier bootloadersettings inherit globalsettings hypervisorsettings Hypervisor Settings ------------------- identifier hypervisorsettings hypervisordebugtype Serial hypervisordebugport hypervisorbaudrate Resume Loader Settings ---------------------- identifier resumeloadersettings inherit globalsettings Device options -------------- identifier b e - ae- df-adcc-df ce f description Ramdisk Options ramdisksdidevice partition Device HarddiskVolume ramdisksdipath Recovery WindowsRE boot sdi

A:"Repair Your Computer" option not working (restoring factory backup)

Do you still have the recovery partition still? Also is it hidden?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/233435-repair-your-computer-option-not-working-restoring-factory-backup.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I'm having a hard time removing Ubuntu so my question is, if I reset my Windows 8 with "Fully clean the drive" option in the reset my PC mode, will it remove all Ubuntu partitions, Grub etc.?

A:Does "Fully clean drive" option removes all Ubuntu related

Yes, and depending on the size of the drive - it will take a long while..

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/66152-does-fully-clean-drive-option-removes-all-ubuntu-related.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,
Whenever we download a file, we save it on different location. Every time  we need to click the arrow, side of the save option to access the 'Save As' option. So Is there any option/Group policy setting to set the default option to 'Save As' or replace
the 'Save' with 'Save As' ?
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ac05d476-5c9b-4734-abcf-55832130acfc/how-to-set-the-default-option-to-quotsave-asquot-while-downloading-a-file-in-internet-explore-11?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 75.68%

Right deep breath The first thing that went wrong with my computer was to do with Mcafee On access scan A week or messed other from up. Hi, amongst things option start menu, "Run" missing is computer so ago the little quot V quot sign stopped appaering in the system tray Also when I start the computer the red box that says quot welcome to Mcafee quot and which version you're running and stuff stopped appearing I accessed the on access scan through program files and it told me that the on access scanner was enabled and working so I wasn't too fussed that it didn't appear Now yesterday my computer went Hi, computer is messed up. "Run" option missing from start menu, amongst other things weird The quot run quot option on the start menu disappeared and so did the quot Turn Off Computer quot red button Both of them just disappeared Task manager was also unavailable When I pressed Ctrl Alt and delete a box just popped up Hi, computer is messed up. "Run" option missing from start menu, amongst other things and said something like quot task manager has been disabled by your administrator quot I ran Virus Scan Ad Aware Spware blaster and Spybot Search and destroy They all found various stuff on my computer and I got rid of it After I did that Task Manager worked again Which was good However the quot turn off computer quot and quot run quot were still missing from the start menu Well I googled around a bit and realised this guy had the same problem http www bullguard com forum qu nd- html He managed to resolve it by logging off and running a program called ewido I downloaded the trial of ewido and ran it following his instructions It found loads of stuff but when I'd quarantined or deleted it all there was no difference Still no quot Run quot etc So I gave up last night When I switched my computer on this morning the quot turn off computer quot was back Hurrah But there is still no quot Run quot Also I really want to get the Mcafee sign back in the system tray because I feel this is where it all started Perhaps Mcafee isn't that good and I should just get a new virus protection program The reason I think this is because I keep running this ewido program and it keeps finding new stuff everytime I don't know if Mcafee is just letting trackers and stuff back onto my computer everytime I delete them Btw I have two accounts on my computer When I log out of this one and go into the other one everything is fine I never use the other one though it's still got quot take a tour of XP popping up quot So would anyone be able to help me Thanks very much if you can Some additional info for you My operating system is XP Reg cleaner tells me that the startup list is ewido - Loaded from HKEY LM Run Ctfmon exe - Loaded from HKEY CU Run Desktop - Loaded from Start Menu Desktop - Loaded from Start Menu common user Msnmsgr - Loaded from HKEY CU Run Spysweeper - Loaded from HKEY LM Run There's no mention of Mcafee which is wrong Do you think I should just uninstall Mcafee and get something else Thanks very much for your time Any questions just ask

A:Hi, computer is messed up. "Run" option missing from start menu, amongst other things

Please download HijackThis. This program will help us determine if there are any spyware/malware on your computer. Double-click on the file you just downloaded. Click on the "Unzip" button to install. It will by default install to the directory:C:\PROGRAM FILES\HIJACKTHIS\Run a scan and save the log file. Do not fix anything in HijackThis since they may be harmless.

Post the HijackThis log as a reply to this thread. Make sure to include the System information at the top of the log and please make sure your word wrap is turned off in Notepad (under the Tools menu) before copying the log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/hi-computer-is-messed-up-run-option-missing-from-start-menu-amongst-other-things-107321.html
Relevancy 75.68%

When I try to search something in with the start menu search and I don't find it, I want to try with "search everywhere" and when I click on it, a windows appears telling the following (in this case I tried searching with "search everywhere function")

search:query=winamp

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in Set Associations in control panel

Same happens with every thing I try to search with this function, but I don't know what I should associate with what, maybe that search function with other thing? xD

If you know, please tell me how to solve this.

Thanks for any help

A:"Search everywhere" option when searching in the start menu donsn't work.

hi this may be of help http://www.winvistaclub.com/t19.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/search-everywhere-option-when-searching-in-the-start-menu-donsnt-work.829040/
Relevancy 75.68%

For no apparent reason, the function "include in library" in Windows Explorer (right click on a folder to include it in a library) is not longer there. It used to be. But now when I right click on a folder in Windows Explorer, it's simply not there anymore. Does anybody know how to restore it?
Or alternatively: does anybody know how to add music files to Playlists in Windows Mediaplayer without having to use libraries (like in previous versions of Windows)?

A:"Include in library" option suddenly missing from Windows Explorer

Include in library - Add or Remove from Context Menu

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215017-include-library-option-suddenly-missing-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Second time I've tried to post this. First try disappeared.
I have a big, fast 1 1/2 year old HP with a SB Live 5.1 upgrade. I use the "WHAT YOU HEAR " recording option all the time, but recently the check mark frequently disappears and nothing is recorded. I use two different programs to record; ABSOLUTE MP3 RECORDER and ROSOFT AUDIO RECORDER (registered version.) I have reinstalled the software to no avail. Any answers to my problem would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sb-live-5-1-what-you-hear-option-unclicks-in-recording-play-control.42801/
Relevancy 75.68%

I need to block/hide/disable in the control panel the option "Change Adapter Settings". I have a DHCP server and I dont want my users configure a network adapter with a fixed ip.

I am looking for registry section or a directive that makes the trick.

Thanks in advance.

A:How can I block in Control Panel the option "Change Adapter Settings"

I found this software, but I wonder how it is made the trick.

I need to apply "it" throw an in-house application.

Edit Windows 7 Registry Software, Customize Windows XP Registry Settings, Tweak Registry Editor

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/195203-how-can-i-block-control-panel-option-change-adapter-settings.html
Relevancy 75.68%

After using the physical button to turn off the computer to try restarting, and using the free version of McAfee to scan and contain 10 discovered PUP items, my desire to do a restart to clear things up running slow today, has led me to a chat name of Justin which mindlessly only quotes prices for joining Tech Tools which scanned 1,500 items it suggests requires me paying $29 for a yearly membership.
HOW CAN I MAKE Cortina GO AWAY WAS THE ONLY QUESTION I HAD AN HOUR AGO AND THE INSTRUCTIONS FOUND ON GOOGLE STATE IN STEP 2 TO SELECT "SEARCH";
IT DOES NOT PROVIDE THAT WOURD IN STEP #2.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442572-how-can-i-make-cortina-go-away-if-there-no-search-option-followin-step-2-instructions.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everyone -

Since the new year, I have observed in a few systems including the one I use most frequently, that a right-click on any program or file brought up in the start menu brings up only one selection - "Properties". And when selected, "Properties" brings up the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" screen - just as if I were clicking on the Quick Task bar itself and selecting Properties.

I haven't really gotten into this yet and before I do, I wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced anything like this or knows what may be the underlying cause.

All virus and malware scans are clean; DSS incorporting HiJackThis are free and clear of debris.

Thank you. . .

JC

A:Right-click Start menu programs only brings up "properties" option

Hello mate i had the exact same problem!

If you open the registry editor and go to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

There you should find a key called "NoChangeStartMenu".
Make sure the value of this is set to 0 and if not change it.

Also check here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

You should find the same key "NoChangeStartMenu"
And make sure this is also set to 0.

Restart your computer and your problem should be solved.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/right-click-start-menu-programs-only-brings-up-properties-option-225476.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,
for some strange reason I can't seem to check the "Show hidden files and folders" option, every time I do so it reverts back to "Do not show hidden files and folders".

Has anyone had the same problem. This feels so stupid. Please help me. Thanks.

A:Checking the "Show hidden files and folders" option in Windows XP

Hi and welcome, are you applying the change? Not just X'ing out and closing the box?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/checking-the-show-hidden-files-and-folders-option-in-windows-xp.207048/
Relevancy 75.68%

Is there a way in 10 to add modifiers or switches to a default program?

For example, I would like a .xlsx Microsoft Excel file to open with C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e "%1 (That is, adding " /e "%1 to the command line of the .exe file)

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations lets me change the default program, but not HOW the program opens.
When I click on a file type, a pop up only gives me the option of keeping the existing default, or looking for a different app. But no right-click option or otption to modify how the program opens (as I believe there was in XP & 7).
(Also, is there a better way I could have described the issue in the subject line?)

Thank you,
Ed

A:How do you edit default program for file type to include "/" option?

I would think you should be able to edit the shortcut to the executable with command switches or create a batch file to run using those same switches. Nothing should have changed with this process in Windows 10.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/52784-how-do-you-edit-default-program-file-type-include-option.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I have a concern. Just restored an acronis OS backup. Only two drives connected. Sata one is OS. the E-Sata one is a backup drive.

I can access both drives fine via explore, open or double click.
But on the esata backup drive,, I keep seeing a 3rd option "Open Autoplay...". It also allows me to access the drive.

I tried unchecking the 'use autoplay for all media and devices', but this option still persists.

Is this normal for Vista x64 Business?

- Thanks.

A:Solved: "Open Autoplay..." context option normal in Vista?

That's quite normal for all removable storage devices on all editions of Windows Vista.

"I tried unchecking the 'use autoplay for all media and devices', but this option still persists."

Unchecking the option merely stops the autoplay dialog box from opening automatically, whereas the right-click context-menu for "Open Autoplay" allows you to open the autoplay dialog box manually. It's a matter of personal preference, but the manual option will always be available in the context menu regardless of the settings in the Autoplay options.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-open-autoplay-context-option-normal-in-vista.1064487/
Relevancy 75.68%

stupid window programs adding that function to only jpg but not other format no I do NOT want to know how to add those fnctions remove "rotate clockwise/counterclockwise" menu context option .jpg to other format and NO I do NOT want to learn or get use to it I want it removed PLEASE I used glary it doesnt help I used default program editor it doesn't show the way to remove .jpg context menu "rotate clockwise/counterclockwise" option remove it I tried using shellexview shellmenuview both not user friendly cant seem to find what I want However I have found the registry in regedit to the rotate ones through shellviews but it won't let me make any changes I tried giving permission so i can remove .jpg context menu "rotate clockwise/counterclockwise" option change it but it wont give me permission to give permission to change when i change it says some program still running it but of course nothing is running it and ontop of all that I don't even know how or what to change can someone please show me how to get rid of these things in the context menu or please write a registry for me that I could just double click on it then click OKAY and it does ALLLLLLLL the work thank you so very much with sugar on top hairy thumbs up

A:remove .jpg context menu "rotate clockwise/counterclockwise" option

Quote: Originally Posted by unityole

...window programs adding that function to only .jpg

Those "Rotate..." items are put there by Windows Photo Viewer. If you only see them with jpg files, I guess you are using another image viewer that has taken the associations for everything but jpg? You might try to add jpg to that other photo viewer's associations.

Otherwise, a quick fix is to disable Windows Photo Viewer. Navigate to:
C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer\PhotoViewer.dll

Take ownership and full control of PhotoViewer.dll
Rename to PhotoViewer.dll.bak

You might like an alternate image viewer - how about FastStone Image Viewer
download link here
I recommend using the portable version.
In the settings interface, associate all your image files with FastStone and everything will open with it, and no context menu "Rotate.."

P.S. I did look for a registry or a dll-hack fix, but it is not readily apparent - maybe buried in binary code somewhere ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/189027-remove-jpg-context-menu-rotate-clockwise-counterclockwise-option.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, i have a problem with C and D drives.when i open "My Computer" i can see only my documents and shared documents(i cannot see C and D drives) and about shut down option in start menu is also unavailible. i cant see it also as the C and D drives in "My Computer". i cant even see it in task manager. Please help me. what should i do ?

A:Issue with C,D drives in "My Computer" and with a shut down option in start menu

try this.
go to run
type gpedit.msc
click ok
in the tree go to
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Explorer

in the right window look for 'Hide these specified drives in My Computer'
properties on that item and see if that has been tampered with

edit:
If that doesn't work try running regedit and go to

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer]

and check if "NoViewOnDrive" is there, if so delete it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issue-with-c-d-drives-in-my-computer-and-with-a-shut-down-option-in-start-menu.1076467/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, new to this forum.
Windows live mail in windows 7 home preminum 64 bit has left the option of creating a new contact group from its drop down list. Here is what I have done to correct problem. Going to c:\users\uername\contacts and than right clicking on blank white space and selecting customize folder\customize and clicking drop down arrow. On the drop down list there is no "contacts" option. This procedure came from a several forums that I have visited. So the next step I did was to make sure that windows live mail was my default,and it was. I than tried and made windows contact my default. The results did not help. Been working on this off and on for four days. Sure could use some help.
thank you

A:windows live mail missing "new contact group" option

hi robbi, welcome to sevenforums,

have you tried 'contact category'?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/116348-windows-live-mail-missing-new-contact-group-option.html
Relevancy 75.68%

URGENTLY REQUESTING YOUR ADVICE:
I bought a new VAIO notebook running Vista Home Premium. Not happy with this Vista OS at all, so i installed Windows 7 Ultimate. But the problem i am facing is the machine boots ONLY to Windows 7, and I now have NO way to run Vista (even though I see that all the Vista files are still in place on the C-drive). CAN YOU HELP ME KNOW HOW TO REACTIVATE THIS VISTA OS? (Note: VAIO comes with NO Vista-discs.)
Plz reply for solution

A:How to get the Dual OS Boot Option at System Startup "Windows 7/Vista"

Hi and welcome to TSF first I have removed your email all help is given via this thread and it also takes away the problem of being spammed since this is a open forum and spammers can read the pages, how did you install win 7 ie upgrade or full retail ? did you format the partition ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-get-the-dual-os-boot-option-at-system-startup-windows-7-vista-606169.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have read quite a few threads talking about this both here and elsewhere and none of them seem to give me any advice that both applies to my specific situation and resolves the issue I am using an XFX card with a dual monitor setup and would like to be able to run theater mode l did in the option ATI "Theater Mode" Control not Center (CCC) Catalyst displaying past ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC) not displaying "Theater Mode" option on my old system with a card XP installed on the old system The two monitors are the same that I used on the old system when the theater mode worked as are the cables HDMI to a quot Samsung and DVI adaptor to VGA cable for a small regular monitor Since the cabling and the monitors are the same as ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC) not displaying "Theater Mode" option they had been when it was working on the other system I ruled them out the cause ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC) not displaying "Theater Mode" option of the trouble I have tried the and CCC versions and nothing seems to work Here is a screen grab of what the CCC looks like for me without the theater mode option Yfrog Image yfrog com j snip j Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

A:ATI Catalyst Control Center (CCC) not displaying "Theater Mode" option

Welcome to Seven Forums fru. I don't have CCC so can't really help. All I found mentions having 2 monitors and theater mode only working with Overlay, and also certain media players. Bumping this hoping someone can help.

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/96291-ati-catalyst-control-center-ccc-not-displaying-theater-mode-option.html
Relevancy 75.68%

How can I remove the "Filmstrip" option from the View submenu of the right-click context menu for folders?

I've been doing a lot of troubleshooting, and something I changed a while back must have added the Filmstrip option. For a very long time, the 'Thumbnails' option was at the top, so I keep setting it to Filmstrip by mistake. I know it's not a big deal, but it is annoying, and since I never want to use Filmstrip view, I'd like to just remove the menu option completely.

Thanks.

A:[SOLVED] Is it possible to remove the &quot;Filmstrip&quot; view option from context menu?

Hi possibly this may work How to remove applications from the Right-click Menu?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-is-it-possible-to-remove-the-and-quot-filmstrip-and-quot-view-option-from-context-menu-605505.html
Relevancy 75.68%

a friend told me how to set up my screensaver so that it scrolls thru all my pictures in "my pictures" folder. I've done so, but there's quite a delay between pictures, it doesn't seem like it's showing pictures from the whole folder, sometimes the pictures are very small off to one corner, and in-between pictures the screen is blank for a bit and usually has a symbol on it such as a musical note, "exit", a figure running, etc. My friend seems to have hers set up the same way, but it doesn't have these problems. It just scrolls thru her pictures, one after the other, with the pictures taking up the whole screen.

A:Solved: problems with "my pictures slideshow" screen saver option

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-problems-with-my-pictures-slideshow-screen-saver-option.378546/
Relevancy 75.68%

I was trying to download an html using IE11, browser only prompted Save,Save as and cancel no "open" option was prompted but it was prompted if I was downloading pdf files.And default browser to open HTML files is IE11 when I changed default browser
to some other browser "open" option was prompted but on clicking on it file is opening in the browser which was set as default not in IE11.
Can any one please let me know why this is happening.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ad65690c-6abd-42bc-a8fe-64b75236dec3/no-quotopenquot-option-is-prompted-when-html-file-is-downloaded-in-ie11?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 75.68%

Windows7 64bit
Every time windows restarts it pauses at the Boot Manager console and I have to "Choose an operating system to start". The first option is a normal startup and the second is Windows (Recovered).

I've never had any issues which would warrant a Recovery prompt but i'm presented with this option each time windows restarts. Is there any way to bypass this console and/or clear this "recovered" option?

A:How to bypass Windows Boot Manager. Prompting for "Recovered" option

It sounds to me like you may have a problem with your boot mgr. I do not get this. I would boot with a start up or recovery disk and get to the C: prompt and enter:

bootrec/ fixmbr
bootrec/ fixboot

remove the disk and reboot. You should be fine.

Bootmgr is missing - Fix

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291510-how-bypass-windows-boot-manager-prompting-recovered-option.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi everybody I recently followed Microsoft to this wonderful Windows- offer I didn't much like it so I restored an image made just before I upgraded to Windows- Image is Windows Home Premium -bit the how update? ignore in "Upgrade Windows Windows10" link to Option SP This image also contained the many Microsoft Nags telling me quot I'm ready to go quot I thought I got rid of most of those Now I how ignore the "Upgrade to Windows10" Option link in Windows update? find that using the how ignore the "Upgrade to Windows10" Option link in Windows update? Windows Update utility still lists the quot Upgrade to Windows Home quot link as an optional update I don't want to do that My issue is No matter how I try to ignore that link hiding the link checkBox OFF Windows Update will always begin with the quot Upgrade to Windows- quot how ignore the "Upgrade to Windows10" Option link in Windows update? all GB of it So if anyone can help me get rid of not only that Optional Update link from my life but anything else that might be lurking I would be grateful As a matter of fact I will choke down a healthy shot in your honour Regards Paul

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379171-how-ignore-upgrade-windows10-option-link-windows-update.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Cannot keep "thumbnails" as default viewing option throughout Windows Explorer programs & functions

Running XP Home, Version 2002, SP2

All my folders are set to thumbnail in windows explorer, but when I go to send a picture on msn or open in another application the pictures are in list view.

This requires an extra step to view the thumbnail, having to go to "view menu" then check thumbnails to preview files before opening/sending.

I have scoured the internet for a solution, to no avail.

Anyone be so kind as to lend any expertise on the issue?

Thank you.

A:Cannot keep "thumbnails" as default viewing option throughout Windows Explorer

was hoping someone might have some insight, thank you for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-keep-thumbnails-as-default-viewing-option-throughout-windows-explorer.577973/
Relevancy 75.68%

What's a quick and easy way to remove windows.old since Disk Cleanup seems to be missing the option to do so in Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

Edit:
I gave myself permissions via CMD which failed(Every file access denied, even in an admin CMD), so I tried one last time to run a Disk Cleanup and when it finished I finally saw the option to remove it........ It was like the 5th time I've ran it and it seemingly randomly starts to work.

A:No "remove old windows installations" option in Disk Cleanup.

It's best to give yourself permission to access the entire drive before you install the new OP system. That way you will have permissions to do what ever you want with the contents of the drive from inside the new Op system. Of course hind site is always 20/20.

The disk clean up problem sounds like a bug to me, nice find.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/4253-no-remove-old-windows-installations-option-disk-cleanup.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I want to remove the option of ?Format? from context menu for drives. Could I get some help on how to do this?

A:Removing "Format" option from context menu for drives!

I guess it is not possible to remove/disable the "Format" option from the Context Menu for drives. The only way is to just disable the user's Context Menu.
To do that, you have to create the registry data listed below and then Sign out and Sign in.
Registry Location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\Explorer
Value: NoTrayContextMenu
Type: REG_DWORD
Options: 1=Enable 0=Disable

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/58679-removing-format-option-context-menu-drives.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Using Outlook 2000 with multiple POP mail accounts, on one machine when I did this I had a little drop down next to the send button that allowed me to choose which account to send a new email message from.

On a different machine (still Outlook 2000) the second account was set up but there is no choice and it sends through the default account only, does anyone know how to fix this !

I have tried looking in the file menu but it only has "send" but it should have "send using" as well.

driving me crazy !

A:Outlook 2000 - multiple accounts but no "send to" option!

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]
Hmmm, if you have the multiple accounts set up properly, then you should be able to have the little drop down arrow on the send button to select which account to send from, but . . . .
right-click the toolbar int he opened mail and select Customize. In the Customize window, click on Commands tab, File in the left pane and scroll down in the right pane tioll you see Send Using. Click and drag that to where you want the button to appear on the toolbar and let go of the mouse button.

Click Close.

Now you can click that button to select which account to send with.

If the 2 accounts do not appear, then you do not have them both setup correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2000-multiple-accounts-but-no-send-to-option.134576/
Relevancy 75.68%

Windows 10 Home Version 1607 (Build 14393.187).

Hello,

all setting options of the Energy save plan have the value "never".
"Screen turn off" and "Energy save modus after", "Battery" und "AC-Adapter",
but if I am reading a Document in Word or a Webpage in Internet using the Browser
after some time of inactivity with the mouse, for example, the screen will be turned off
and the Notebook go to the energy save modus.

It seems, that this probably started happen after the recently Windows Update from Version 1511 to 1607.
I have seen the available Drivers of Toshiba for this model but they are the same since the year 2015
which I already installed after the migration from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Version 1511.

Could you please help me?.
Thank you.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94057-Satellite-P50-A-144-Setting-option-quot-never-quot-is-ignored-by-Energy-save-plan
Relevancy 75.68%

Upgrading my wife's Win7 laptop, but the initial startup screen only displays "use express settings" as the only option. There is no "Customize Settings" option on that first screen. I know I can allow Express Settings and then go back in and change all of the many settings that I would be uncomfortable with (of which there are many) but I really dislike that option.

A:windows 10 "use express settings" is only option offered at 1st boot

Hello Robert, and welcome to Ten Forums.

There should be a Customize settings option on the left side like at step 15 below.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/36431-windows-10-use-express-settings-only-option-offered-1st-boot.html
Relevancy 75.68%

While we launch the course in IE 9 and use "Always allow" option for popup blocker then server side communication with course then course is receiving only partial data from the server(FOR eLearning course bookmarking is not working). However, if we use "Allow once" then it's everytning works fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/partial-communication-with-server-for-always-allow-option-for-popup-blocker-in-ie9-882177.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am not able to view hidden files and folders because i cannot find the option "Show hidden files and folders". Look at the image below to know how the window looks. Some people said it could be a possible virus that has disabled that option. I thourougly scanned the pc with Kaspersky Internet security 2011, but could not find any thing. Please help me solve this problem. I cannot view any hidden files or folders. Look at the image below
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/QuoTbqEyY8qvx9HJfP4A0g?feat=directlink

Relevancy 75.68%

Hey,

Recently my explorer changed the way i click on folders from double click to open to single to open (same as internet links), i tried to change it back, but unsucessfuly by using the folder option:
1. Change option
2. Change option, back to single click and back to double click
3. Reset defaults
4. Reset defaults in all tabs in Folder Options.

This is driving me nuts, I've been double clicking forever.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Tricolor

A:Folder option "Double click to open" not resetting

Is this what you did?

Or try Option Two here: Single-Click or Double-Click to Open an Item

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330892-folder-option-double-click-open-not-resetting.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a computer that is dual booted with windows 7 and windows 10. My windows 7 operating system is very slow and malfunctioning. But I have an old system image backup when my windows was healthy and fast. So I want to restore Windows 7 from this image. But I don't want to format and damage Windows 10 that I installed recently. So here is my question: I saw an option to exclude disks for not restoring or formatting specific disks from restoring. So will this option work for bootable disks so that my windows 10 drive remains unchanged? Can anyone answer me if anyoneknow or has done this restore before? Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/401737-using-exclude-disks-option-system-image-restore.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all,
In Win7 Home Premium, is there any way to remove or hide the "Burn" option from the default Windows Explorer menu configuration? I have the Nero suite installed, so I don't really need the inbuilt Windows capability to burn discs, and I'm forever hitting that option when I mean to create a new folder. It's a pain, because Windows doesn't readily forget it, and keeps nagging me that I have files queued to be burnt to disc when I want to do other things.

Thanks for any help.

A:Removing "Burn" option from Windows Explorer tabs?

Have a look at this tutorial Burning to CD and DVD - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281248-removing-burn-option-windows-explorer-tabs.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So I somehow got a Trojan Virus. I used my Super Anti Spyware to delete it. I restarted computer and when I double click, I would get the "open with" box. I redid spyware check. Folders open up fine. Now, I get "run as" and it asks me which user account I would like to open up with. If I go to start and run a program, same thing, "run as" option.

Why oh why is this happening? LOL.

I was telling someone yesterday how I just bought a new laptop (going from my old 1gb 1.8 ghz VISTA to 3gb, 2.1ghz WINDOWS 7) and that I still have had maybe one or two problems ever with my desktop of 4 years. I jinxed myself

Relevancy 75.68%

Hi

I have Windows 8.1 Update Enterprise 64-bit.

I noticed that, in the "Change Action Center settings" window, the "Startup Apps" option is disabled. How come? How do I enable it?

What is the purpose of this option?Thanks
Bye

A:Enabling "Startup Apps" option in the CACS window

Originally Posted by balubeto

Hi

I have Windows 8.1 Update Enterprise 64-bit.

I noticed that, in the "Change Action Center settings" window, the "Startup Apps" option is disabled. How come? How do I enable it?

What is the purpose of this option?Thanks
Bye

Hopefully other users will be able to provide you a technical answer to these questions (I've just answered your related post on ''Windows Backup'' within CACS)

But I'm wondering, when you say these options are disabled, are the boxes for ''Startup Apps'' and ''Windows Backup'' not checked for you, but simply greyed out?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/49873-enabling-startup-apps-option-cacs-window.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Is it possible disable "Delete Browsing History on Exit" option of IE 8 browser? I must to know the historica of users.

Thanks.
Sergio.

A:Disable "Delete Browsing History on Exit" option from IE 8

Only way I can think of doing it is by disabling IE options:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5162770_disa...t-options.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/disable-delete-browsing-history-on-exit-option-from-ie-8-a-437312.html