Windows Support Forum

Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Q: Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Hi I have a Coolermaster setup the suggestions Fan 922 for HAF HAF case and my computer specs are as follows Asrock N C-S mobo AMD Athlon II X Arctic Cooling Freezer pro GB x GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB GPU Coolermaster GX w PSU Running Win Ultimate I also have x HDD s in the case soon to be x HDD s and an SSD Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922 for the OS when I get time to install it Anyway that s the spec The case had two stock fans- front mm x mm and rear mm x mm The rear case fan wasn t very quiet however so I went ahead and purchased a Sharkoon silent eagle mm This isn t actually as silent as its name suggests but it does seem to create better airflow and it has reduced noise levels slightly What I d like help with is finding an ideal fan setup for my case which will keep it as quiet as possible but also keep it cool I use the computer for gaming using resource-hungry programs like the Adobe suite I know there s going to need to be a compromise and I m fine with that but I think I d prefer it to be more geared towards the silent side rather than performance My questions are Do I need a side or top fan If so what sizes do I need and should they blow air in to the case or suck it out Should the rear fan be sucking air into the case or blowing it out Can I replace the fan on the Arctic Cooling Freezer to a Sharkoon because the freezer fan is the noisiest of the lot What is the actual size of the front case fan I d like to replace this as this isn t very quiet either I m open to any suggestions as I am clueless when it comes to building computers I just know how to use them Thanks Tom nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Lol, lovely username Tom.

I don't think you're going to get the case as quiet as I know you'd like, but as I've said before, maybe your best option is a fan controller, so you can turn down the noise when your working and then increase the fans for when your gaming to provide additional cooling performance.

If a controller isn't an option, I'd probably pip for Noctua NF-S12B FLX Ultra Quiet 120mm fans (one in top, one in side and one in the rear -- all as exhaust) as 60CFM @ 18dB is about the best you'll get for "silent" fans. Not cheap though, but will last years and years.

Combined with the intake fan at the front of the case and the other three all running as exhaust will cause the case to run negative air pressure, which is exactly how I ran my HAF 912+ -- The downside is the case will get dusty inside faster, but it will suck out heat much faster and run the computer cooler in my experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-setup-suggestions-for-the-haf-922.186550/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have a high speed connection and I recently bought a laptop. I want to use my high speed connection with both my desktop and my laptop, with security features. Which brands are good to look at, and which are good to avoid? Or which models are the best bang for my buck?

-Paul

A:Need some suggestions for the a wireless setup...

Just one man's opinion but I found the Belkin FSD7633 router, a Belkin wireless PCI card for the PC and a D-Link Air PCMCIA card for the laptop easy to install and set up. That gives me the 802G capability.

You'll do without the latter, of course if your laptop has integrated wireless technology. You could also leave the cable in your main PC and do without the PCI card. Check out somewhere like Newegg - your prices are less than ours in the UK but my three items as above came in at around 110 British.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-some-suggestions-for-the-a-wireless-setup.373110/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have upgraded my home network to ADSL internet Setup Firewall for Suggestions access and have Suggestions for Firewall Setup it all working pretty neat at Suggestions for Firewall Setup the moment I d like Suggestions for Firewall Setup to keep it that way amp would appreciate any suggestions you may be able to make about how to configure the hardware firewall I have a ZyXEL Prestige RU modem set to Bridge mode feeding into an Asus WL- g Wifi Router http www asus com products communication wireless wl- g overview htm There are pc s at the moment all have ZoneAlarm software firewall installed and the Asus router has hardware firewalls on the wan input and another on the wifi connection I ve switched them on but just with basic default settings There are more options in the menu than you can poke a stick at and most of them mean very little to me We don t do online gaming voip vrml or any of that stuff Mostly just web browsing email downloading etc What sort of settings does the received wisdom suggest I should be making Thanks for any suggestions Regards P nbsp

A:Suggestions for Firewall Setup

Hi, you would be better posting this in the networking forum, the boys in there eat this stuff up!

http://forums.techguy.org/f53-s.html

Whatever hardware firewall your using, ( it's really a software firewall running on a dedicated box), you'll need a software firewall to stop outgong if any nasties get on your pc and want to phone home. Routers etc only block incoming.

free firewalls

www.zonelabs.com

www.kerio.com

www.sygate.com

how to set up and configure kerio rules based firewall.

http://www.dslextreme.com/users/surferslim/tpf.html

sites for testing firewalls

http://grc.com/

http://www.pclank.com

http://scan.sygatetech.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-for-firewall-setup.356851/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have upgraded my home network to ADSL internet access and have it all working pretty neat at the moment I d like to keep it that way amp would appreciate any suggestions you may be able to make about how to configure the hardware firewall I have a ZyXEL Prestige RU modem set to Bridge mode feeding into an Asus WL- g Wifi Router http www asus com products communication wireless wl- g overview htm There are pc s at the moment all have ZoneAlarm software firewall installed and the Asus router has hardware firewalls on the wan input and another on the wifi connection I ve switched them on but just with basic default settings There are more options in the menu than you can poke a stick at and most of them mean very little to me We don t do online gaming voip vrml or any of that stuff Mostly just web browsing email downloading etc What sort of settings does the received wisdom suggest I should be making Thanks for any suggestions Regards P nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions-for-firewall-setup.356854/
Relevancy 53.75%

I just bought a new LCD monitor and I want to get some suggestions for setting it up For Setup Need Monitor Suggestions so I get the most from it I use the monitor for some photography maybe of the usage but overall I just want to get the most Need Suggestions For Monitor Setup from it for the money I paid and I am not and have never been really clear on how to set up a monitor I have had the monitor for a couple of days and Need Suggestions For Monitor Setup am using it now It is a quot LG monitor that I have connected through the DVI port to my computer Right now the Brightness is set to and the Contrast is set to and I am reasonably pleased with the quality of the display but I have read a couple of articles that indicate with the new monitors that the Contrast should be dialed way down to like or to get the best performance from the monitor Has anyone else heard anything about dialing down the Contrast on the newer monitors Are there any tips that someone can share with me on how to best adjust a monitor Thanks nbsp

A:Need Suggestions For Monitor Setup

I always adjusted to what is pleasing to my eye. I have never heard of dialing down the Contrast on these monitors as far as performance is concerned.
Take a look here for some suggestions.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6929853_adjust-lcd-monitors.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-suggestions-for-monitor-setup.1050259/
Relevancy 53.32%

My older brother has had way on small net business the to suggestions best setup a small construction business in Texas I say had because after hurricane Ike it grew by leaps and bounds He now has an office with computers and needs to have them setup in a network Noone their is vey computer literate and he wants me to fly out and solve this problem I have zero experience in setting up a network although I have done a bit of research on it What I would like is some input or suggestions on what you teckies would suggest as being the best or easiest way to get all the system to work together At the moment when an estimate is suggestions on the best way to setup small business net created on comp they are emailing it thru attachments to another or something crazy like that He's freaking out because he can't get the office organized enough to keep up with all the documents required to get the jobs and keep the customers insurance companies engineers and inspectors the paper work they require thus has lost some jobs because of it Thanks in advance Fabe edit would someone please move this to the disscusion threads I just realized I put it in the wrong one Thanks

A:suggestions on the best way to setup small business net

the fabe

How long do you have to figure it out and set it up? have you ever wired an office?

You are gonna need some serious planning

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/26935-suggestions-best-way-setup-small-business-net.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all,

I have been running into an issue on an existing Access database. Looking if anyone knows a solution to a multiple user database.
Been running into constant issues with database corruption. Daily have to run Compact & Repair on the backend database to get it working again.

This is after I noticed the amount of people connecting to the database at the same time increased from about 15 to 35. This is on a 100MB/s network.

I have a split database Forms, Queries, and Modules on local copy. Linked to another database on a network drive that has all the tables.
I have been running a test database using ODBC link to a MySQL PHP database. Checking if any forum experts think this would be better setup than storing to an Access file.

A:Looking for suggestions about Access Database setup

MySQL is more appropriate for larger numbers of users, but I do not personally have any experience with it, other than assisting others with their connections and queries.
Which version of Access are you using?
At work we had an Access 2000 database with up to 30 people on it at any one time and didn't have any problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-suggestions-about-access-database-setup.1098926/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all.
I currently have two monitors (32 in. & 27 in.) connected to a GeForce 550 Ti graphics card: EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com

This is working nicely without any issues, but I would like to get another 32 in. monitor and wanted to get any advice on a decent video card upgrade OR if my video card will handle 2 large monitors and 1 med. sized monitor. I do see that my card has two DVI ports (1 connected to the 32 in.) and one HDMI port (which is connected to the 27in.); common sense is telling me 3 ports, 3 monitors right? Just wanted to make sure.

I'm not a hard core gamer, but I do play various high level detailed games like Half Life, Call of Duty, etc.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:3 monitor setup - Is my video card ok - Suggestions

BobbyMisc65, welcome to Seven Forums. When running multiple monitors you should upgrade to a newer generation GPU with more VRAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/313540-3-monitor-setup-my-video-card-ok-suggestions.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I m looking to set up dual suggestions looking for New setup, network boots, a wired wireless network in my house I m not very good at explaining what I want to do so I ll draw a picture As of right now this is the New network setup, dual boots, looking for suggestions hardware I ve got Cable Modem Crappy old unsecure wireless B router desktop computer w wired network cards laptops both w wireless g USB Printer Being that this is a very budgeted project I d like to use as much of this stuff as possible except for maybe the B router I think I ll get a G router with MAC address filtering for security - any thoughts on this So the desktop currently is an OK computer P MBRAM but is getting slow old so if possible I d like to use it as the server for this whole setup Keeping with the budget theme I d like to use some sort of Linux as the OS on this one but I m totally green to networking much less networking in Linux so any suggestions on which to use what software I ll need Also all of the computers I ll have on the network will be dual boots WinXP Fedora - is this still possible here I d also like to set it up that all computers wired or wireless can print off of the shared printer - Is this possible easy with this setup Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions Matt nbsp

A:New network setup, dual boots, looking for suggestions

If you want wireless security, use WPA2-PSK or WPA-PSK encryption with a strong passphrase. If some equipment cannot support WPA, even with driver update, then at least use WEP 128-bit.

If you want to make your network harder to use and have a false sense of security, use MAC address filtering, turn off the Dhcp server, disable the SSID broadcast, etc.

I don't understand your use of a server and a second (wired) router. Do you mean a real server (like a company would have) or just your term for a regular computer where you keep all your files? Is the second router because you want two separate LANs?

I can think of three possible ways to share the printer, but before buying anything check the specs as not all printers will work with all devices for the first two options:
1. Get a wireless router that includes a USB print server,
2. Get an ethernet or wireless USB print server,
3. Connect it to any computer and share it over the network.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-network-setup-dual-boots-looking-for-suggestions.501459/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have HDD for suggestions multiple layout spindle HDD setup? in the new XP system I m building I know spindles is better than for performance but with the options seem HDD layout suggestions for multiple spindle setup? endless This is what I was thinking would give me the best performance any markups PHYSICAL HDDs A GB SATA B GB SATA C GB EIDE D GB EIDE E GB EIDE Partitioning is as follows A GB is partitioned into two pieces A is GB for Windows A is GB for Images photos digital stills B GB is partitioned into two pieces B is GB for SWAP and system temp directory B is GB for Applications amp user data C GB is for backup D GB is scratch E GB is scratch Mounting Paths are as follows A C A MOUNTED TO -- gt D IMAGES B MOUNTED TO -- gt C SYS TEMP B D C E D MOUNTED TO -- gt D SCRATCH GB E MOUNTED TO -- gt D SCRATCH GB So I only have drive letters for my drives and partitions I partitioned the OS separately so that it s on the front and fast GB of the first GB I partitioned the SWAP TEMP separately so that it s on the front and fast GB of the second GB I ve got apps on a different spindle than the OS I ve got quot scratch quot disks each it s own spindle that Photoshop or burning can use I d like to think this is well thought out but I m opening it up for criticism and if you ve read this far- thanks nbsp

A:HDD layout suggestions for multiple spindle setup?

I am not sure why u would need the 300GB for backup but I see no other problem with this setup as I see it. but I am sure I am overlooking some thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-layout-suggestions-for-multiple-spindle-setup.80006/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi I wanted to ask for some suggestions regarding my main desktop PC Originally it was a HDD only setup then I bought a Intel Series GB SSD and migrated my system over to it using Intel's software then made the HDD a storage drive due to limited space on my SSD Fast forward to now My SSD is basically dead from a firmware bug that makes data irrecoverable without some special algorithm that professional data recovery centers have Oddly enough it came back to life I rebooted imaged whole system including both drives I had been doing this but most recent backup was a month prior so I stood to lose quite a bit that I had done over that month stretch The new image went great I was saved and so excited Apparently that was a one for SSD/HDD Windows Suggestions new 7 to Image Restoring Setup and done deal as it never has worked since then I intend on ordering new bigger SSD to replace it keeping setup the same as new SSD will still be too small Now from my understanding I can restore my image to both drives and everything will Suggestions for Restoring Windows 7 Image to new SSD/HDD Setup be as it it never left Is this correct How about things like partition alignment or special SSD configuration that I had to do some of when I first configured it as so Is that carried over since it would be in the image or am I good to go once restore is complete Also in meantime I have another SSD in box but it is smaller Is it worthwhile to use that temporarily then migrate system over to new SSD when I get it Or should I just wait until I get new SSD and restore current image to that I can probably live without this PC until then as I will be busy for next several days Thanks for any suggestions

A:Suggestions for Restoring Windows 7 Image to new SSD/HDD Setup

If your Intel SSD that died was properly aligned, then windows system imaging will restore the image properly as well. A system image will restore the new SSD to the same setup, as was on your old SSD. As far as restoring an image from a larger drive to a smaller drive, I don't think you can do that with Windows imaging.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/274661-suggestions-restoring-windows-7-image-new-ssd-hdd-setup.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So I have been researching Protection Methods & Happily (recommendations Current Suggestions Setup Protection My Received) ever since I received my computer almost a year ago I have tried random programs and this is what I currently use My question s is this Do I have too much protection IE overlaps in protection that isn't needed or stuff that will just slow my computer down Do you have any suggestions of programs I do not have or programs to swap out What I am looking for is a maximum level of security that will not slow down my machine I My Current Protection Setup (recommendations & Suggestions Happily Received) have ghz processor speed gigs of ram and a Geforce GT graphics card if any of this helps My Current Protection Setup (recommendations & Suggestions Happily Received) in your analysis Thanks a lot BC for all your help Frankie Anti-Virus AVG Free Edition Firewall COMODO Firewall Pro Just changed from ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware Ad-Aware amp Spybot - Search amp Destroy Anti-Trojan a-squared Free Real Time Anti-Spyware SpywareBlaster amp Spyware Guard Browser Add-Ons Firefox Adblock Plus Mcafee SiteAdvisor NoScript Random Tools RootkitRevealer LSPFix HijackThis cwshredder autoruns amp AVG Anti-Rootkit Free

A:My Current Protection Setup (recommendations & Suggestions Happily Received)

As long as you follow computer security best practices, you seem to have a very sound and layered protection from an application standpoint. I might suggest adding AVG's AS application, but that is entirely up to you.
Regards,
John

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/100516/my-current-protection-setup-recommendations-suggestions-happily-received/
Relevancy 36.12%

I have several Asus Eee netbooks that I'm getting set up to use at my school. I had some parent volunteers helping me get them ready to deploy, and one of the netbooks was plugged in to initially power it up, but then hard-shut-down before Windows could run through its initial setup.

Now when I boot up the netbook, and it attempts to go through the initial windows setup "Setup is starting services", and then throws an error message:
The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer, and then restart the installation.I restart, and the cycle continues. This happens whether I try to boot normally or in safe mode.

I've got no CD-drive attached to it, so I'm not sure what I can do to break this error cycle. Any suggestions/tools/ideas?

Thx,
Jeff

A:Win7 Starter getting error on initial setup; locked in setup loop

Not sure how you deployed them, but if Startup Repair doesn't help when run from System Recovery Options then I would redeploy the image or run Factory Recovery from its partition after backing up the disks.

If you don't have one and they are same hardware, simply backup one's image using Win7 backup imaging or free Macrium - Image your system then boot System Recovery options to Recover Using an Image from its external storage location which you have connected.

If they are not same exact hardware or Image hangs at startup, SysPrep the original before deploying to remove all drivers, activation, SID and HID's.

Backup Complete Computer - Create an Image Backup
System Image Recovery

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/190218-win7-starter-getting-error-initial-setup-locked-setup-loop.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Ive read the Instructions on how to setup XP to dual-boot with Vista...
However, im concerned (and someone mentioned it happened to them in the thread)
that when XP SETUP is finished with the TX part of setup and reboots PC to go into the
rest of setup (GUI XP SETUP)) it wont continue....?
is this right>? ive read elsewhere that if the partitions for XP are created in Vista that it wont boot into the rest of setup....

I could make the partition during XP setup if this will help?

thanks

A:Vista/XP Dual Boot - Will XP setup continue into GUI setup after reboot of 1st part.?

When I did my dual boot [using win2k / vista] I used an existing partition that was created by vista. No problem at all. It is a little more difficult than say installing win2k after xp however as long as you follow the instructions there are no problems.

As always make an image of your system before you start. This way if something does go wrong, it is a simple matter to restore the image and be back where you started from.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-xp-dual-boot-will-xp-setup-continue-into-gui-setup-after-reboot-of-1st-part.596140/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi everybody I got dell latitude d laptop with dead display and without os supposed to be XP sticker is intact Hunting for affordable good shape lcd panel will take a while so I made unattended cd with nlite and installed XP but external monitor didn't fire up I checked the installation with live CD and it looks like complete install so I got an idea that the install is lacking dell drivers file [SOLVED] extension setup in .exe Inject setup drivers own or with unattended particularly video driver nvidia fx go card Even more it's possibly lacking any video driver 'cause native display was disconnected So I have to somehow inject video driver and force setup to install it Then XP must fire up external monitor and then I can update all the drivers I read about winnt sif and OEM Drivers directory but that all about quot naked quot drivers like sys cat inf but the drivers I got from dell have also dll exe and other files but nvidia driver even has its own setup exe How to make XP setup to install such drivers during unattended setup

A:[SOLVED] Inject drivers with .exe extension or own setup file in unattended setup

Hi I 'am not entirely certain but this might help Customizing Unattended Setup
How to Add OEM Plug and Play Drivers to Windows XP
Talking Shop: Windows XP unattended installation | TechRepublic

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-inject-drivers-with-exe-extension-or-own-setup-file-in-unattended-setup-664703.html
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi Guys amp Gals I ve been trying to get my Home XP SP desktop talking to my XP SP Laptop using tips gleemed from the threads in this forum My desktop does not require a sign-on My laptop is from work and requires sign-on to the work Domain I have put my Desktop into a workgroup of the same name as the laptop domain I have enabled file amp print sharing and added the laptop into my trusted Norton security zone on the Desktop I have shared folders on both machines I can see the Workgroup from my Laptop but not the desktop within it I can see the Domain from my setup? affect existing on Wizard Setup Solved: Network Running - Desktop but it times out if I try to drill further I cannot see my shared printer connected to the desktop from the laptop I can map from my laptop to desktop shared folder but not vice versa The only thing I haven t tried is to run the Network setup wizard on either the desktop or laptop Here s my question if I run that wizard on my laptop will it destroy my work network settings OR any other ideas what I Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup? should try to get each machine to see each other Thanks Hew nbsp

A:Solved: Running Network Setup Wizard - affect on existing setup?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-network-setup-wizard-affect-on-existing-setup.450513/
Relevancy 36.12%

Is there any info recorded anywhere in Windows Application - checksum?! at L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe setup.exe location that tells me the name of a setup file that ideally including it's path An executable can usually always be opened with -zip often like itunes revealing the executable internally to contain a collection of msi's Maybe info about the execution Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! of one of these is logged somewhere in which case with a bit more effort I think the 'origin' setup exe could be inferred I read that the journal records every file that's opened is this human-readable Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! Thinking Application setup.exe at location L:\Downloads\Setups\NotBackedUp\setup.exe - checksum?! aloud I have about widi setup executables I obtained whilst trying to setup intel widi similar scenario with several other applications installed on various VHDs I'd like to purge my downloads gt gt setups folder but retain installation-media for important applications just in case So much info is installed during installation ie setup msi stuff as well as appdata of course surely something this simple must be possible somehow somewhere somebody Thinkin aloud nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/42452c57-579a-46d2-8168-61027ad63b15/application-setupexe-at-location-ldownloadssetupsnotbackedupsetupexe-checksum?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 36.12%

I'm trying to install windows xp, after formatting, it goes thru the process of copying the xp files and automatically reboots. Now after rebooting, instead of this installation to continue, it just goes back to the same setup process again i.e right from the beginning again of wanting to format and repeating the same process again. It does not continue with the installation as it normally does. Xp disk is good. no problem with it.
One thing strange I noted is when booting with the XP disk in, it automatically goes thru with the XP setup without asking 'Click any key to boot from CD-Rom'
Any ideas to solve this? Thank you all in advance

A:Solved: Xp Installation: Setup-Formats-Copies files-reboots back to square 'A' Setup

The simple answer is a stuck key, or a faulty key signal. Could you post your system specs to give us a little more to go on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-installation-setup-formats-copies-files-reboots-back-to-square-a-setup.828616/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

Hi All

I am trying to install windows XP on my new system I built.

When I get to the 5th XP install disk it stalls and says

file ntfs.sys caused an unexpected error(4100) at line 5010 in d:\xpclient\base\boot\setup\setup.c

I have done a memtest and it has came out with zero errors.

I am lost can you help?

Kind regards
Darren

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/line-5010-in-d-xpclient-base-boot-setup-setup-c.267090/
Relevancy 35.69%

I formated my hard drive with Fdisk and ran the 4 disk set of Windows 2K and it goes through set up till last screen and then says Setup is starting Windows 2000 and it freezes there.

Help

Relevancy 35.69%

So I decided to experiment with Raid on my i system to see if it had any impact on video encoding performance using two Gb Green Caviar WD HDD s Specifically I encoded a Mb AVI to DVD Unfortunately it took almost times longer over a single HDD setup Prior to this I installed Vista Ultimate non-Raid mode on different Gb HDD s and a Velociraptor and ran the same test above Keep in mind that the video file and the software were always on the Main Drive and there were no jumpers on any of them Here s A summary WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins WD Gb Green Caviar mb Cache mins Than Worse HDD Performs Raid Setup Setup Single 0 WD VelociRaptor Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Seagate Barracuda Gb mb Cache mins Raid WD x Gb Green Caviar mins So is this AAM related causing such dramatic variations When I get home tonight I plan to run a program that s supposed to disable AAM nbsp

Relevancy 35.69%

i can setup my d-link wired router with no probs but after i have done that then i need to do something in the windows control panel under the network connections icon i have no clue what to do there to complete the final step in networking my machines some nfo new machines with ethernet cards one is xp home and the other is xp pro all i want to do is make those machines use the same cable connection i dont want ics or print file sharing i have been told to set up the router then power cycle the devices and magically the machines will begin working but i refuse to fall into that lame trap i do format approx every - months so i will need to know how to do this so i can recover from that activity each machine has a network connection from its previous service - do i delete this - do i create a new one -must i disable delete leave alone original connection icon these are the many questions that i have and i have googled this and can pnl setup the - no router setup to ctrl windows prob...how not find any nfo as to what to do on the windows side after the router is setup help i have been trying to figure this out for approx router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl months and my hardware will be obsolete before i get it so i appeal for help mahalo and aloha nbsp

A:router setup - no prob...how to setup the windows ctrl pnl

not sure the issue. but posting the result of the ipconfig /all on both computer may help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/router-setup-no-prob-how-to-setup-the-windows-ctrl-pnl.383611/
Relevancy 35.69%

I mistakenly launched XP Setup and want to know how to stop it from progressing further I have another XP installed on another virtual disk Rebooting trying disk Setup remove setup logging on Corrupt XP from to another by from there allowed me delete the Setup files Or so I thought The main XP installation however continues to try to launch Setup Just about whatever I do it ends in tears My question is how do I stop XP on this disk from thinking it has to launch Setup I don t want to reinstall XP as that will involve a huge amount of work to recreate my environment Corrupt XP Setup trying to remove setup by logging on from another disk I am able to choose my operating system when I press F If I launch the corrupt system in safe mode or domain controllers everything appears to progress normally until the very end when the XP black desktop appears and just before the icons appear At that point I get the error message Windows XP cannot run under safe mode and I am asked to click OK to consult a log file The screen however is actually frozen at that point so I have to unplug the machine Otherwise if I launch in debugging mode or Last known good configuration m I get a message saying Setup will restart now and then Setup is being restarted while the usual XP installation logos start to appear e g An exciting new look etc Shortly afterwards I get An error that has been encountered that prevents setup from continuing Again the screen freezes so I need to unplug the machine I looked at the difference config and ini files and compared the Windows directories on both disks also looking for hidden files I looked at the log files setuplog txt refers to this command but I can t file neither the file nor the folder nor is the corrupt setting on D d xpsprtm base ntsetup syssetup syssetup c BEGIN SECTION Installing Windows NT setupact log The critical system information file K WINDOWS system winnt inf is corrupt or missing Any ideas very welcome Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 35.26%

my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get stuck. Please help

A:my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get

Have you tried launching it in "Safe Mode"? That would be the first thing I would try, and see if it will load past that screen. If it does, then there is probably something installed on the device that is causing the problem and you will need to see about uninstalling it.

If it doesn't move past, and still gets stuck, you may have a hardware problem.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123113/acer-aspire-5740-laptop-stuck-ascer-screen-pressf2-enter-setup-press-shows-entering-setup.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I recently purchased a refurbished HP 6005 with windows 7 Professional. On the initial boot up I got to the windows setup screen asking for the country/language. It was at this point the power was disrupted and restarted the computer. Every time I tried to run windows the computer would restart. I also tried in safe mode which did not work. I then went into system restore mode to try that but am not able to complete because I get the restore error message 'Error 1'. Unfortunately I only have the product key and not the actual disc since i bought refurbished. Any suggestions on how to complete the setup so I can use my computer?

A:Power was disrupted during setup and now unable to setup.

According to the Troubleshooting Guide, you can restore to factory new state:

Quote:
Press the F11 key at startup to boot into the recovery partition
and run a factory restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/365283-power-disrupted-during-setup-now-unable-setup.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I have just finished moving my OS from a 3TB hard drive to an SSD. I now have 2 matching drives that I would like to set up as a RAID array. A couple of questions:

1. Do I need to backup the data that will be on the RAID before setting it up and then move it back once it has been setup?

2. Do I format them before I go into the RAID setup utility or does that utility do it for me?

3. Will the RAID just appear as a single drive letter on my system?

4. Evidently I have the choice between RAID0 (for performance) and RAID1 (for redundancy). I hhave an extensive back up scheme in place so is there any reason not to use RAID0?

I know that I enable the RAID in the BIOS and then there is a place in the boot sequence to get into the RAID setup.

A:RAID Setup - Alienware - A few setup questions?

What are you hoping to get out of a RAID0 setup? If you have User data on the hard drive, such as movies, music, documents, pics, etc....there is no need for RAID0. Hard drives are more than fast enough for that kind of data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298981-raid-setup-alienware-few-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 33.54%

re Setup of WIN I had noticed that when i start my gb win98 setup? & re: setup cdrom HD the one w win and ALL my re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? other s ware on it it will NOT recognized the SCSI CDROM after realizing that NO CDROM has been properly installed I then started my PC with the WIN bootdisk where it loaded the drivers to enable the CDROM to function Now that I have C gb Hdrive D ramdrive and E CDROM that is how my PC is setup now Here is the question when re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? I run WIN setup from the E cdrom it comes to the Windows re: cdrom setup & win98 setup? setup welcome screen IF I click on continue will it overwrite my data on my HD OR will it recognize that data exists there I need to know basically how can I make the CDROM letter stay if I clcik on continue would it posssibly clean up my registry so that it is NOT as cluttered as it is or will that come from a re-install of the software thks once again nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-cdrom-setup-win98-setup.175714/
Relevancy 33.54%

ok I am TOTALLY at a loss - almost even for words here - recently I was going to try out Avast and so I installed it decided I didn't like it setup! trying won't setup.exe avast stop to and so uninstalled it Nice amp normall right Oh how wrong I was Ever since then every time I restart my computer I get this dialog box - it's the Avast Setup Program trying to setup again and again and again The weird thing is I don't know where it's getting its avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! info from I deleted the downloaded setup pkgquite some time ago and have checked avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! in the Program Files folder for a shell nothing there The worst part about the situation is avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup! now I am constantly also getting errors in almost every other program on my system Runtime errors missing codecs that I KNOW for a fact are there and up to date my taskbar suddenly vanishing ohohoh pleasepleaseplease help me it driving me utterly BATTY No wait I think it's actually FLYING me there Edit Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:avast setup.exe won't stop trying to setup!

Generally speaking, all of the anti virus programs have uninstall tools that you have to use to get rid of them completely. So you might want to go to the Avast website.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/216711/avast-setupexe-wont-stop-trying-to-setup/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am trying to install Windows XP Pro onto my machine as a dual boot operating system, it will enter the txt portion of the setup but not gui mode after the restart. I've tried to make a new partition on my hard drive, reset my bios, change boot order, everything I can think of to no avail. I've searched the forums and couldn't find any real help.

Any suggestions?

A:Win XP Setup will not enter GUI mode setup

Just got off work, thought I'd include more information. My current main OS is Windows 7, when I hit Enter to go into GUI setup mode, the screen goes to black, no cursor, no blinking underscore, just blank. I remove the cd and when I try to boot into the XP OS I get the hal.dll error or the missing/corrupt file error. So I load into Windows 7 to check the partition out and see that there is no ntldr, no ntdetect, and no boot.ini (assuming this is all installed in the gui portion of the setup)

Still baffled with this.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/win-xp-setup-will-not-enter-gui-mode-setup-426558.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hi.
i am trying to install windows office 2007 but after a minute from start of installation ,it popup dialog box saying setup can not find setup.exe file and say browse valid installation source and click ok.
I don't know whats happening.I have just formated my c drive and installed fresh copy of windows xp.
here is image of error message.
please help me what to do?
http://img101.imageshack.us/my.php?image=29005582dv8.jpg

A:error:setup can not find setup.exe

You should purchase a legal copy of Office

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-setup-can-not-find-setup-exe.763894/
Relevancy 33.54%

Every time I boot it goes to setup mode then gets a fatal error and restarts after Error Setup Setup Incomplete -- leaving me unable to Incomplete Setup after Setup Error even access files Problems started when I tried to install SP on my Windows system There was a problem that gave me a blank screen with cusor visible at the end of boot up Safe Mode worked OK and from there I used my Windows Pro Upgrade CD to try to reintall the operating system After the restart during setup it asks me to put the Windows Pro CD in the drive but it cannot find i NT cat I originally upgraded from Windows but that installation CD does not satisfy it either This is a fatal error and gives no options except to restart the computer Upon restart it goes back into setup gets the error and restarts -- a deadly loop Safe Mode does the same thing If I cannot repair this I would at least like to get my data files off of it From the Repair Console mode I cannot access My Documents getting an quot Access Denied quot error I would like to avoid removing the drive and making it a slave on another system So my three ascending goals are Save the files in My Documents Get out of Setup mode so I can at least go to Safe Mode and run the system Repair all problems and get back to a working system Thanks for any help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/incomplete-setup-after-setup-error.580992/
Relevancy 33.54%

I was having problems with my Maple Story, so I un-installed and re-downloaded the program. However, when I tried to open the setup wizard, it gave me the error:

Error reading setup initialization file

I looked online for troubleshooting solutions, and I have so far found two options:

-Re-download because the error could be the result of a failed download that wasn't identified when the file was downloaded.

-Find and delete old files that could be stopping the file from being reaad properly.

I need help with the second solution, as in how I search for those files. Also, any other solutions for this problem would be much appreciated.

A:"Error reading setup initialization file" for Maple Story Setup

test reply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-reading-setup-initialization-file-for-maple-story-setup.538652/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop using Windows XP and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking up too much space Now I can install it but when I try to run the actual game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error with to setup"?? adapter your "Try standard running setup before driver a VGA display and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment about "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

You most likely need to get the mobile graphics driver. You can get it at.

http://support.alienware.com/Support_Pages/Restricted_Pages/driver_downloads.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.689317/
Relevancy 33.11%

I used to have the videogame Medieval Total War on my new alienware laptop and it was fully functioning I ended up deleteing it because I thought it was taking display setup a VGA to adapter "Try driver standard with setup"?? your before running up too much space Now I can install it but when I "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? try to run the actual "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? game I immediately get a message saying quot Medieval II Total War has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit quot and after reading through forums I saw a comment "Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"?? about someone having this problem and fixing it by downloading the latest ATI graphics I think I might know the problem but I am clueless as to how one goes about fixing it A few days before I found out about this site and managed to find the virus that was slowing my internet I was quite frustrated by the slow loading speed of my internet so I opened task manager and began ending random processes I realize now this was not a good idea I think I may have done something to ATI When I try to run the ATI setup which has been on my computer the whole time I reach the ATI Display Driver when it tells me quot Setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system quot then after clicking OK i received the message quot Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot nbsp

A:"Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup"??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-setup-your-display-adapter-with-a-standard-vga-driver-before-running-setup.688711/
Relevancy 31.82%

last week, my windows 10 upgraded laptop always gets not responding, then i decided to format my laptop and reinstall windows 7, when i was copying my important files to data d, suddenly it crashed then stucks at the start up loading, then i tried to do the automatic repair and just reset it, then when i waited for 9 or more hours, it was stuck at 95% done, then crashed again, then after that crash, the automatic repair cannot do anything, so i took my bootable usb with windows 7 starter setup, then i tried to install the windows 7 and now it's stuck at "setup is starting" please help, and note that i don't have any access to other pc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/390964-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys, wonder if anyone could shed some light on my issue please?
I am trying to reinstall XP SP2 on an Acer Aspire 5100 laptop, as it would not boot up correctly and hang. I tried initially to repair the installation from the Disk, but setup would load all the drivers and when it gets to the "Setup is starting windows" everything stops and just hangs.
I have a copy of unbuntu and i could boot to that off the live CD, and could browse the HDD contents. I then used the partition manager thing in unbuntu and made the disk one partition (thinking the partitions were screwed and opted to try to start from scratch!) This however has not cured the problem, and now im out of ideas... other than trying to install unbuntu only to prove the HDD isnt knackered!

Any help is greatly appreciated!
thanks in advance

Gaz

A:Setup Hangs at "Setup is Starting Windows"

Did you finally get it to load? I am having the same problem..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/setup-hangs-at-setup-is-starting-windows-263915.html
Relevancy 31.82%

WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting" in my acer aspire...........and waited for 1 hour and finally went to partition drivers ........ i pressed next and i am stuck at Copying Windows Files (0%)........and finally after half an hour...it came.................."Windows could not format a partition on disk 0.The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation.Error code:0x80070057"........................What should i do now????????? previously it would run windows 7 ultimate x64 bit..............one day........these was an unexpected shutdown..........and when i tried to start it again........it showed that repair your operating system..............i think my problem is i am now trying to install windows 7 ultimate(x32 bit).......if i am wrong.........help me in any other way please????????????? thankzz in advance.......

A:WINDOWS 7 Setup stuck at "setup is starting"

Could you take all the ............
????????????? and out of you post so it can be read.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376544-windows-7-setup-stuck-setup-starting.html
Relevancy 31.39%

I started an upgrade for xp pro part way through the install I got a message "WatchDriverSigningPolicy.exe" no found I pressed enter then got another message "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe" ; setup abort!" now each time I reboot it starts to load xp then gives me the same message then press enter it then reboots.
can any body help?

A:problem with xp pro upgrade "fake setup call himself instead original "setup.exe"

What were you upgrading? Sounds like you need to do a clean install and possibly your cd or your cd drive is shot or just dirty.
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sg_clean.asp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-xp-pro-upgrade-fake-setup-call-himself-instead-original-setup-exe.523986/
Relevancy 30.96%

Like an idiot, I dropped my laptop the other day. It kept working at first, but crashed a couple of hours later. Now, when I boot-up, I get the following error message:

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32/Drivers/Ntfs.sys. You can attempt to repari this file by starting Windows Setup using the original Setup CD-ROM. Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."​
I've inserted the setup CD (in an external CD-Rom drive, since my laptop doesn't have its own drive). But for some reason, setup won't start, and I keep coming back to the above error message. How do I start setup?

I'm running XP Home.

Relevancy 30.96%

How can I get rid of the annoying, failed xp reinstall, setup option on boot.?

Relevancy 30.96%

nbsp I AM TRYING TO SETUP A RAID MIRROR ON MY NEW MACHINE ENVY DESKTOP - SE CTO nbsp I HAVE SETUP SETUP TO HOW RAID 1 WENT INTO THE BIOS AND CHANGE FORM AHCI TO RAID nbsp I HAVE ADDED THE SECOND HARD DRIVE BOTH DRIVES ARE SEAGATE TB SATA nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED THE IRST INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY SOFTWARE I DOWN LOADED FROM INTEL WEB SITE VERSION WHERE IS THE CREATE RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP A VOLUME CHOICE nbsp nbsp nbsp I HAVE INSTALLED A FRESH WINDOWS PRO X AND LOADED THE RAID DRIVER I CAN ADD A MIRROR OF THE C BUT CAN NOT BOOT FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK LOOKS LIKE NO BOOT UP INFORMATION IS ON THE DISK WHERE ARE THE OTHER TWO BLUE SECTIONS THAT ARE ON DISK AND NOT ON DISK I WAS THINKING THEY SHOULD BE THE SAME WHEN U CREATE A RAID MIRROR nbsp nbsp nbsp WHY ARE THE VOLUME CHOICES BELOW GRAYED OUT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I CAN NOT BOOT UP FROM THE SECOND DRIVE DISK WHEN I UNPLUG DISK JUST TO SEE WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF DISK HAD A FAILURE nbsp nbsp CAN ANY BODY HELP ME OUT TO UNDERSTAND THIS nbsp

A:RAID 1 SETUP HOW TO SETUP

@Big_Dave? wrote a RAID tutorial on this hardware subject.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/RAID-1-SETUP-HOW-TO-SETUP/td-p/5587859
Relevancy 30.53%

Hai, i am trying to install the windows xp on my computer but i came across this problem that i cant install it. I set on CMOS to boot from cdrom and it does that with no problem but when at Windows Setup it freeze at ''Setup is starting Windows''. After few tries i got some other error
'' STOP: 0xC0000221 unknown hard error
C:\Winnt\System32\Ntdll.dll ''

Any suggestions how could i fix it?

Relevancy 30.1%

Hello, i am looking for a graphics card that can run some games that i couldn't run before. I don't know anything about graphics cards, and i don't know if the graphics card that i will find is compatible. So i decided to post in the seven forums, my computer specs are:

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium E6600 @ 3.06GHz 60 ?C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
2.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 1489 (XU1 PROCESSOR) 49 ?C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor ([email protected])
Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (HP)
Intel Q45/Q43 Express Chipset (HP)
Hard Drives
233GB Seagate ST3250318AS (SATA) 49 ?C
Optical Drives
hp DVDRAM GT30L
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

If anyone can leave me any suggestions, that would be great, the money that i have right now for a graphics card is $300, thank you for your time.

A:Any suggestions?

I'll defer to much more knowledgeable folks for the ultimate answer here but just looking at your spec's I think any modern graphics card will bottleneck with the rest of the system. Do you have a price range and what are your intentions for the rest of the system like do you plan to upgrade and when?. What do you use your system for primarily and such.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?...00+%40+3.06GHz

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/298788-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok. I need a new bigger PSU. currently I have an Antec 20pin 250W PSU. The dimensions are 4x3 1/2x9. What i need is a ATX Compatible PSU, thats not an Antec cause money is an issue for me. so i need to know i guess the best PSU for me thats not too expensive. so any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 30.1%

OK, if I want something more usable than AIM, what would you recommend? I've pretty much narrowed it down to Trillian, Miranda, and Jabber. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 30.1%

Hi, I need a calculator on my computer to use for the basics + - x and division. Does anyone know of a site where I can download one? Anything free? Thanks

Relevancy 30.1%

Does anyone know of a good freeware that'll alert me to my credit card number being sent out from my computer? I'm using RoboForm, but I'd like an alert box and a vault to keep my CC # in. I'm using the free trial of Zone Alarm Pro right now and I find it's a handy feature (the alert box). Any suggestions?

A:suggestions?

I don't but it sounds like a good program for a malicious guy to invent to steal credit card numbers though. I would seriously recommend you do not save your credit card/bank #'s on your computer though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions.205798/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey everyone,

I have a question. I can not get flash movies to load, like when I visit a site, flowgo.com and click to play a cartoon only a white box with a little x in the corner ends up showing up. Anyone know what i have to do to fix this. Is it my flash player, if so how do I get it working again?

A:Anyone have any suggestions on what this could be

You need to have the Flash Plugin. Download the Flash Plugin here ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/anyone-have-any-suggestions-on-what-this-could-be-85499.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Ok so im getting a new SSD/HDD on sunday and I would like some help/suggestions

Ive been told getting an SSD will up my windows rating from 5.6 SATA II HDD. Will it be as simple as getting a new SATA III SSD and installing it? Will my computer work with an SSD? Do I just go and buy it? Any help would be appreciated

A:Getting new SSD/HDD some suggestions?

If you post the type of SSD you're looking at then we can compare the minimum requirements to your specs .

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/175241-getting-new-ssd-hdd-some-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Oh goodness I'm really starting to puss out from using RAID suggestions... I needs because I realized after formatting I simply cannot risk losing TERABYTES of data with very low chances of recovery I hit up newegg today and looked for some SATA III solid state drives and there are some that have about over a dollar-per-gigabyte price ratio Oy So now I'm thinking I could budget out some more dollars for a SSD since the hard drives I'm planning to get are now at ish dollars But I do need and want I needs suggestions... that uber amount of storage while hybriding a SSD The thing is though that I don't want to be changing file directories to different I needs suggestions... drives every time the hard drives run low on space I'm wondering if the two hard drives can be combined in Windows into one recognized drive so the SSD is the C drive and the uber storage is the D drive or U for Uber storage I've heard that in Xp two hard drives can be converted into dynamic disks and then they can be combine And if some USB flash drives are in use they can be converted as well OR can all of the drives be converted into dynamic drives and made into the C drive Or am I pushing my luck Is this a good plan Thanksgiving

A:I needs suggestions...

Yes, it is considered as a safe method nowadays to create a RAID 0 array.

edit: please download your motherboard's raid utility called: AMD RAIDXpert V3.2.1540.10 for Windows
http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_...M_LE/#download

I suggest you to follow this tutorial!!!
http://www.qtools.com/dev/howtos/rai...atetoraid1.htm
When you are asked, answer with RAID0 not RAID1!

(second solution https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch_RDNSX5V8)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/180467-i-needs-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I bought had a cooler master 380 watt psu about 2 months ago, long story short its dead. My guess is either i need a bigger one ( 500-600 watt) or a better name brand.. anyway heres my build.

ATX coolermaster case
Pentium 4 3.0 prescott
Ati Radeon 256mb agp video card
80 gig hard drive
3 120 mm case fans
5400 rpm 80mm cpu fan (thermaltake polo 375)
4x512mb pc3200 kingston ram

If somone could please help me pick a good psu brand name and size for this build that would be awesome! thank you. I also change things around alot in the case ( add more ram, add a new video cards/ fans ect.. ) i really want a reliable PSU thats not gunna **** the bed within a few months.

A:I need suggestions for a new PSU please.

Antec's TruePower are supposed to be really good.

I only have generic PSUs so I can't tell much more, except that in my case a 300W(or is it 250W?) can power an Athlon XP 2000+ Palomino and a GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/o problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-suggestions-for-a-new-psu-please.39642/
Relevancy 30.1%

Thinking of upgrading the grandparents pc, Any users of the chaintech 7AIA5 mobo? Will probably use a Duron in the 1Ghz range. Is this a decent board?

A:Any Suggestions

WELLLLL, After reviewing the many posts here I ordered an ASUS 7N266VM and AMD 1600 XP. Chaintech must not be that popular a mobo. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions.93944/
Relevancy 30.1%

Im looking for an easy to use program where i can make my own movies and edit them...Anyone?

Relevancy 30.1%

I am thinking about getting a few new computer parts, well hell im pretty much rebuilding it completly, its time. Let me know if you have any suggestions. I dont really want to spend that much so if you have a cheeper sugestion that costs about the same or will give better performance for close to same price. I also have a x64 os and want keep it that way. I am pretty new to the hardware side of computers, I have been spending much of my time working on the programming side over the last 3 years.

Processor:
AMD Socket AM3: X2 550 Black Edition
Budget: $100-$150

Motherboard:
Cant decide any suggestions?
Memory:
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

Current Graphics Card:
ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

A:How does this look? Any Suggestions?

I have the Phenom XII 550 and went with the Gigabyte GA-M790X-UD4P. I did this because of the reports that all four cores of the processor could be unlocked with this board. Sure enough, by setting the BIOS Memory to Hybrid and Auto the computer booted and presto four cores. 3.1Ghz X 4 cores for a rock solid system @ $105.00 for the CPU + $89.00 for the MOBO.
I went with the Gigabyte HD4670 1Gig DDR3 for video.
2 X 2gig OCZ Reaper DDR 2 800
I run Crysis, Fear 2, Frontlines Fuel of War,... Mostly maxed out without any hesitations or problems what-so-ever. For economy and performance I got the most for my money.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/36378-how-does-look-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I am very new to digital photography and I am trying to get decent photos of the night sky but I have noticed that along with noisy photos it seems that I have hot what do Any to suggestions pixels everywhere at least I think so now I know my camera is a beginner Any suggestions what to do camera but I dont think it should be this bad I bought the camera at the beginning of July used its is a Nikon D with less than actuation s anyway here is a lens cap photo converted from raw nef to jpg Any ideas or suggestions as to what is going on or how to fix I should add I downloaded pixelfixer but it didnt seem to think there where any hot pixels or i did something wrong Here is the original exif data and the link to the photo which was converted to jpg Thanks for any help http img photobucket com albums v blueridge untouched jpg exif make Nikon exif model D exif artist exif date time exif date time original exif date time digitized exif exposure time sec exif ISO speed ISO- exif f number f exif focal length exif color space sRGB nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions-what-to-do.1131033/
Relevancy 30.1%

I need to find a way to export data from Outlook into SPSS via Excel or Access. Each e-mail message has 24 data points. When I export the Outlook folder into excel, it puts all the data into one cell, rather than 24 seperate cells. Are there any relatively simple solutions to this problem?

A:MS App Suggestions

bare with me why I try and understand what you are saying...

You get an Email with 24 parts of data? You want to export that Email into Excel/access?

If that is the case there are a few suggestions, the best being if you have control on how the data is Emailed, you might be able to just email it as a Excel formort. Outlook can load Excel spreedsheets inside outlook. (if I remember correctly, never had to do that, but rather sure it does).

If that is not the case, you can try exporting with Comma delimited, and have it use Paragrahs as the factor for where the comma's go. This would mean the Data in the Email would have to be in a format of: Each paragraph being one set of data.

Think that made since... Good luck
------------------
~Jason

Infinity Networking and PC's
[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-app-suggestions.36122/
Relevancy 30.1%

This is my 5th system I'm trying to put together and I'm having a hell of a time. Here are my specs.
LanParty UT nF3 250gb mb
AMD64 3400+ clawhammer
Seagate 160 gig 7200 SATA
1 Gig Corsair Value Select 400 mhz
Tried ATI 9800 pro & gforce ti4200
Motherboard is set to default, no overclocking. The problem I'm having is I either lose video completely and system still stays on or the system completely shuts down for no reason. WTF! I've tried new PS, It's generic 680w 22a and it's still doing the same thing. Heard this board uses a lot of power. Please if anyone has any suggestion, I'll try anything. I'm about ready to throw the whole thing out the window!!! PLEASE HELP!

A:Don't know what else to do, any suggestions?

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Are you re-installing your OS with each system?
What OS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dont-know-what-else-to-do-any-suggestions.31321/
Relevancy 30.1%

I am building a system starting with the Motherboard listed in my sig, I found a CPU on sale that I am going to buy ( Intel Pentium 4 3.0E Prescott 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache Socket 478 Processor - Retail ) anybody have any suggestions on what RAM and HD that would work with this combo without any problems? I am dealing with an insurance compnay so I have to keep it around $300 for the RAM and HD. thanks for any help!

A:suggestions on RAM and HD

Here is some good RAM for a decent price, it will do its job.

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB DDR400 1GB(2x512mb) .... $90.15
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145440

CORSAIR System Select 512mb DDR400 .... $79.19
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145146

As for HDD's depends on what you want, speed? or capacity?

Speed Wise I'd Recomend the Western Digital Raptor 74GB ... $183
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144160

Capcity Wise I'd Recomend the Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 250GB ....$109.50
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148065

If these do not appeal to you check out www.newegg.com there are plenty of selection, they have a great search tool to find exactly what your looking for. Hope this helps. Good Luck with your build. :giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-on-ram-and-hd.33472/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all,

I am working on a Dell Dimension 4400. P4, 256MB, 40GB. Takes forever (10 min) to boot completely into XP Pro. I have run Spyware and virus scaners as well as Hijackthis... absolutely clean as a whistle. I have swapped out the memory, moved the system to a new hard drive, even done a repair install, absolutely no change at all. On startup, it only loads sound, Norton AV, Retrospect Backup software and an HP toolbox (for a laser printer). NOTHING else loads. Runs well in safe mode. I have tried disabling all startup programs and only get minor improvement. I know 256MB RAM is low, but it should run much better than it does.

Before I go into shopping for a new motherboard, thought I would check to see if I missed anything.. Any ideas?

Thanks
Randy

Relevancy 30.1%

I am building a new desktop for one of my nurses.

She is going to use it to watch Netflix movies, surf the net, and prepare PowerPoint presentations. She doesn't play any games.

Her budget is under $900

This is the list that I come up with so far.

Any suggestions?

A:New Rig Suggestions

Here's what I'd go for:

CPU: Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto 3.1GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

LGA 775 is dead. Better go for a cheap, yet fast (very fast), AMD AM3 CPU here.

I've seen this puppy get up to ~3.8Ghz (on air) without breaking a sweat.

Motherboard: Newegg.com - ASUS M4A785-M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

785G is the way to go here. Somewhat future-proof thanks to AM3 socket. On-board Radeon HD 4200 should be more than enough for non-gaming tasks.

RAM: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ - Desktop Memory

HDD: Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS 320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Western Digital, 320GB, 16 MB Cache. Rock solid.

PSU: Newegg.com - Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2 Intel Core i7 Compliant Dual 80mm Fans Full Cable Sleevings Power Supply - Power Supplies

This PSU will get the job done. I've seen it run Quad core systems with no issues whatsoever.

LCD Monitor: Newegg.com - Acer P235Hbmid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 50000:1(ACM) Built-in Speakers - LCD Monitors

Very nice choice =).

Optical: Newegg.com - Sony Optiarc Black 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD/CD Rewritable Drive - CD / DVD Burners

Case: Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 CAC-T05-UB Black /Blue Aluminum Bezel , SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

Keyboard / Mouse: Newegg.com - Logitech 967973-0403 Black 104 Normal Keys PS/2 Standard Deluxe 250 Desktop - Keyboards

Speakers: Newegg.com - Cyber Acoustics CA3550RB 68 watts 2.1 Black Speakers - Speakers

OS: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Full - Operating Systems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL: $835.39

~$65 bucks to spare. Maybe go for a better case?, bigger/better HDD?, more/better RAM?, bigger/better PSU?, bigger LCD Monitor?, etc...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/48088-new-rig-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

System AMD K WD Gig UDMA Mb RAM Soyo K VIA MB OS - Duel boot Win Win k Problem Win k loads runs perfect Win loads very slow min boot up seems to run fine msconfig sysedit wordpad etc but hangs upon finding file structure minutes to load win explorer booting up and delete anything that requires file structure Again - Win works perfect Troubleshooting - Switched hard drives with any suggestions please. another comp Worked perfect HD from other comp win loaded acted same conclusion HD is fine - RAM Everything games file directory etc works fine in Win RAM is fine - Flashed any suggestions please. and upgraded Bios cleared CSMOS same problem conclusion Maybe the Motherboard still Here s where I know I messed up I connected another HD as a slave to recover some files I forgot to set my HD as Master w slave I left it as Master - Single Drive Everything points to a bad hard drive by actions but I formatted reloaded and even switched hard drives and the problem stayed with the computer RAM checkes out so my only conclusion is something wrong with the Motherboard Just dosen t make sence to me nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

As some of you know I am really trying to learn as much as possible about computers. I recently built my own computer and have a 3 computer network with some printers attached. I have downloaded many programs to play with from suggestions from people at this site. I am bored and want a new computer toy to play with. I got a fingerprint scanner but that got boring fast, then vonage but that got boring, then knoppix but that got boring I would like to learn about computers instead of playing video games. Anyone have any ideas for me to do to learn besides programming?

A:Suggestions

Things to do with computers :Build them,program them,sell them,fix them,help other people fix them,play games on them,do work on them,make music on them,edit films on them,turn them off,go to parties,meet real people,and forget them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions.40968/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey all, im looking to upgrade my 3 years old pentiumD, geforce 8600GT system with something newer and after some research i got to this configuration:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300
MB ASUS P5QL-PRO INTEL P43/ICH10
Kingston KVR800D2N5/2G + Kingston KVR800D2N5/1G
HDD WD5000AADS
CHIEFTEC A-135 500W APS-500S
ASUS EAH4870/HTDI/512M
- op sys on 32 bit
all in a budget of aprox 800$.

I'll be using the new PC for software developing and gaming.
Any suggestions or opinions are appreciated.

A:LF suggestions for a new PC

Asus nake great boards but are known to be very picky about the RAM installed. Every Asus motherboard model is given a list of recommended RAM for said motherboard.

Make sure the Kingston (they make an excellent product) is the right Kingston for that Asus.

Also, get a better power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lf-suggestions-for-a-new-pc.139200/
Relevancy 30.1%

Im not sure is this the right section, if it isnt, please global moderator, move it.
Can anyone give me suggestions about this pc please?
Altos Suprimo Predator (MV2EWP-1)
Motherboard:
LGA1155 iZ68 MSI Z68A-G43 (G3), PCIe/DDR3/SATA3/GLAN/7.1

CPU:
Intel? Core™ i3-2100/3MB BOX 32nm (3.10GHz)

RAM:
DIMM DDR3 2x4GB 1600MHz Exceleram Black Sark CL9, EBW301A

Hard-drives:
SSD SATA2 64GB Patriot TorqX TRB, PT64GS25SSDR 260/115MBs
HDD SATA3 7200 500GB WD Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX, 16MB

GPU:
AMD Radeon 6790 Powercolor 1GB/DDR5,/2xDVI/HDMI/DP/256bit

Optical Device:
DVD Multi Writer 22XDVD/12xDVD-RAM/2MB

PC Housing:
Xigmatek Asgard II

Power:
500W Chieftec bulk, GPA-500S8 bulk iArena series

I wana use Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on it, software like Cinema 4d, GTA 4, BF 3 and etc

What do u think?
Also, it costs 600€ and I need 22" Display too, so does it pay off?

Thanks,
under~

A:Suggestions about new pc

I can't give much info in terms of cost, but the computer you have chosen will perform very well, and give you some upgrading headroom down the road. I have an i3-2100 in my server right now, and it runs very well for the cost.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/215486-suggestions-about-new-pc.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello. I have a thermaltake soprano case, which I am going to use as the basis of my new gaming computer. I do own an AM2NF3-VSTA motherboard which I could use, or a could purchase another. I do not need a mouse, keyboard, speakers or monitor, and have around 700 to spare. I would like to make a decent enough pc so that I don't need to be upgrading it every so often. Any suggestions/ideas would be valuable. Thanks in advance..

A:suggestions

First let me state that anybody who posts here should mention SLI as their opinion ONLY. I am a SLI user and love it. But I have gotten into so many arguments about its worth. So lets leave that out of here...

Lets see, 700 BP is around 1400 USD. Thats pretty good as seeing that I built my rig with 1000.

You want to be able to upgrade as you go, thats a wise idea. My board will support quad chips (as most today will) and 8GB or more memory.

I went and spent most of my money on the motherboard (since thats what allows me to upgrade) and used parts I had laying around to make up for it.

When I bought it it was 400 USD. Below are the links, 1 is the BFG (I have it) and 1 is the eVGA (they are the exact same)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188019
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813189003

I like having 3 PCIx16 slots vs the 1 or 2 you normally get. I also like the fact that the Northbridge is shiped with a fan that easily connects to the heatsink.

I would then get an "8" series GForce card. That way you will be able to run DX10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions.570783/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this problem I recieved this error at the startup Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt system DRIVERS isapnp sys I then followed the steps listed on Microsoft s help page Article ID However when I get to the point where I am to rename the isapnp file I keep getting this error message The system cannot find the file or directory specified I have an HP Pavilion zv us laptop computer I contacted the HP Any Suggestions? Online Customer Service Support and the man I spoke with basically told me that I would have to re-install XP and lose or back up all the data on my computer The only problem with backing up the data is that I have almost GB of data that I really really don t want to lose Although I do need to be able to use my computer again soon Does anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Any Suggestions?

kliurato said:

Hi, hopefully someone will be able to help me out with this problem.

I recieved this error at the startup:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: system32\DRIVERS\isapnp.sys

I then followed the steps listed on Microsoft's help page (Article ID : 315311)

However, when I get to the point where I am to rename the isapnp file, I keep getting this error message:

The system cannot find the file or directory specified

I have an HP Pavilion zv5160us laptop computer. I contacted the HP Online Customer Service Support and the man I spoke with basically told me that I would have to re-install XP and lose or back up all the data on my computer.

The only problem with backing up the data is that I have almost 60 GB of data that I really, really don't want to lose. Although, I do need to be able to use my computer again soon.

Does anyone have any suggestions?Click to expand...
Welcome to the forums
Start the Recovery Console. If the ISAPNP.SYS file is still in your C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS folder, the driver is corrupt. Rename the existing file and copy a new version from your WinXP installation CD. If the file is missing, then all you need to do is copy the file from your WinXP CD to the C:\Windows\System32\dRIVERS folder by typing the expand command: expand [CD drive letter]:\i386\isapnp.sy_ C:\win dows\system32\drivers\isapnp.sys.

try the above...doc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions.415854/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi all.. Till now I have not applied any software to record the details of my sales. But when I heard about RMS software I am greatly impressed and I believe it can lessen my work loads. I have discussed with an RMS software solutions in Markham and they have told me about POS too. I own a modest grocery store and it is in its developing stage. So I have a concern that if I purchase a POS software now, what would I do if I require an RMS software later? Anyone please help me

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/suggestions-please.1168543/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hello all! I'm looking for a 'website' or domian you call it. To do the following;

1.) Learning purposes.
2.) FTP support.
3.) Email base. (They call it, webmail, right?)
4.) Maximum monthly payment is, within USD$10.

Sorry for the questions, really need the pros' help here. Thanks in advance!

A:Need suggestions on...

Okay, if you are looking for cpanel that cheap good luck unless you buy a package from hostmonster or any of their sister companies. Are you looking for a Linux or Windows server?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/140470-need-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I can receive and send e-mail BUT when I try to go to a web page it tells me it can't be displayed. Does it have something to do with settings??????

A:Any suggestions?

I am not so sure but may be the firewall settings.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/any-suggestions-312979.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I got a new laptop.
I got it yesterday.
It has no anti-virus in it.
Is there a good one i could download off
the internet or should i just go out and buy one?
another thing, my brother downloaded some adware thing
on it yesterday and I dont know what that is. I keep getting
messages saying it found spyware or something and i need
to download patches and stuff and i have no clue what that means.
I just know that its wrong to use the internet without an anti-virus because
i have had problems with virus's in the past.
any downloads that you could suggest for me would be gladly
appreciated..
thanks..
KIM

Relevancy 30.1%

Windows xp pro service pack 3 myself and what appears to be several others would like to know why it is directx 9c will not sliptream using nlite. Or manually if any of us are doing it correctly and I'd say by the failure rate we must all be in line.

A:Does anyone have any suggestions?????

cannot find any reports on the nlite forum confirming what you state that there is a problem with directx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/does-anyone-have-any-suggestions-317303.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I ran hijack this I think there may be a couple of questionable items Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I F EXE C Program Files Yahoo Search Protection SearchProtection exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files sony usbsircs usbsircs exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket shwserv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA AVANQU SYSTEM MXTask exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Shared VAIO Entertainment VzCdb VzFw exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server VMISrv exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Video GPVSvr exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform SV Httpd or and Help suggestions exe C Program Files Sony Help and or suggestions VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform UPnPFramework exe Help and or suggestions C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform SV Httpd exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Media Integrated Server Platform UPnPFramework exe C PROGRA AVANQU SYSTEM mxtask exe C Program Files Sony Giga Pocket RM SV exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files Avanquest SystemSuite LinkScannerIE dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO OToolbarHelper Class - EAD A - A - - -C E - C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In PayPalHelper dll O... Read more

A:Help and or suggestions

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!
Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0014-0002-0005-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.4.2_05) -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0001-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_01) -
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA} (Java Plug-in 1.6.0_03) -

Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".
Use Secunia software inspector & update checker to update your java and any other out of date applications.

Also go to add/remove programs and remove all old versions of Java.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-and-or-suggestions.723325/
Relevancy 30.1%

Being bored on a 3 week business trip to a crappy location.....I pre ordered win 7 (upgrade) for delivery to my hotel and it arrived today. However, I failed to bring the installaion XP disk with me for confirming win seven will be an upgrade. Is there a work around or I'm I just screwed until I get home in 3 weeks?

Any suggestions?

A:Any Suggestions

Hello Smooth,

XP doesn't qualify for a in-place upgrade anyway. You can still do either a Custom Install or Clean install without the XP disc.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/31040-any-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Okay I'm in deep poop,
I might as well replace my HDD while I'm reloading windows
Anyone know what will fit in my machine ?
I was looking at Samsung's at newegg but unsure which would apply to my system ;/
250 gig or 200 gig
Stat's are in system spec's
Cheers.

A:SSD Suggestions

I'd probably go with the Crucial MX 100 if buying today.

Samsung Evo series would be second choice. They seem to be having some issues lately that is supposed to be fixed by new firmware soon. Something to do with performance on older files not being up to snuff.

If you have an ordinary desktop, I'd think any standard 2.5 inch SSD would fit. You may have to buy a mounting bracket if your case doesn't have mounting holes for 2.5 inch drives. Or you could use velcro or duct tape.

Intel is always a solid choice for reliability and good tools, but if you are a slave to benchmarks, you might not be amused by Intel's scores---despite the fact that the lower scores would not be detectable in ordinary use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/349009-ssd-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I'm planning on upgrading my computer. I already know everything I'm getting, but I'm not sure what wattage would be a nice sweet spot with enough to upgrade.

I'm planning on switching out my fans for non-led, getting a fan controller, and the NZXT RGB Hue. I was also going to get a new graphics card and possibly SLI (which I haven't decided on just yet).

At the moment I have a 630W. I may even get an i7 a little down the road.

Just curious if I should go with around 800-850 or if lower would work as well.

Price is kind of big for me since I can't afford a super expensive power supply.

A:PSU suggestions

I would stick with what you have and save till you can pop for a premium properly sized modular or semi modular PSU. Brands I like are Corsair, Seasonic, Thermaltake, Antec, Coolermaster. I would highly consider a 800-1000 watt depending on affordability and just remember the system draws only what it needs but it's the reserve of clean power that keeps the rig alive and even running cooler and quiet. If you see yourself using top flight components, SLI'g or Crossfiring or Overclocking then the extra capacity is well worth the added cost and remember that each year the PSU will lose roughly 2-5% output and this I think is where people can spec their PSU to close to actual need and have issues later. Also get a high efficiency unit in a Silver, Gold or Platinum rating.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/308982-psu-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi...i would like to build a pc

I would be using programs like Photoshop, dremweaver, flash. and a whole lot of games.

Therefore i need a very fast comp.

Can u please suggest a motherboard which suports an intel CPU...top qualty mobo.

Thanks!!

A:Need Suggestions

AMD or INTEL??? HELP!!!

Hey, i would like to build a gaming pc...i am really confused...AMD or INTEL??

Strange things is that gaming pc's all hve AMD!

which shall i choose?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions.49145/
Relevancy 30.1%

Greetings!

What freeware software can you suggest that has the ability to record the bandwidth or sent/received packets per IP Addresses on a Local Network.

A:Suggestions!

Hi

Here's a good handy program for monitoring network bandwidth and usage: MISPBO Network Monitor.

For getting into more details, your firewall should show you the amount of data packets exchanged with an certain TCP/UDP address. Which firewall do you use?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/suggestions-167148.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I m in the process of looking for a new processor and motherboard preferable a Pentium but I am not sure which of the following would be best for me since this will be my first time putting a computer togther need suggestions some :) I would like to purchase from the following site http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E or I was thinking of maybe spending a little more on this one http need some suggestions :) www newegg com product product asp item N E I was need some suggestions :) also wondering if anyone can suggest a good motherboard for me under and retail from http www newegg com Product Produ egory amp InnerManu amp bop and amp InnerCata here is one I was looking at for the processors http www newegg com product product asp item N E thanks in advanced for any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 30.1%

Well my graphics card use to work fine..but now Im pretty confident that it is over heating. I can start to play a game and then sometimes it will either just restart the whole computer on me or it will just freeze up and stay at the screen. I cleaned out tower the other day so there isnt any dust clogging any areas. But how would I go and fix the card from over heating?

A:Any Suggestions?

get a fan to blow over it :bounce:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-suggestions.21311/
Relevancy 30.1%

I m working on a new computer which I expect to set me back around The parts I have so far are Radeon Intel i Antec Case For the new Help rig with suggestions rest I have a few questions I read the TechSpot P Mobo guide but I m still a little hazy on what kind of motherboard I need Help with new rig suggestions It doesn t seem like there is any significant difference between high end and low end motherboards I will most likely only need a single PCI-e slot with the possibly of going CrossFire unlikely at this point Also I will probably stick with ATI so the EVGA FTW won t be a good investment What Mobo do you guys recommend For Memory I plan to get x GB It seems like all the brands are at the same price point so I don t know which to get I was thinking Corsair since they tend have a good reputation of being reliable I will probably get a PSU at the - W range and I m looking for some suggestions For HDD I want to get a GB drive because I will be mainly using my GB external for serious storage I will most likely get a WD as they have an excellent warranty This one is pretty insignificant but if there are any differences between DVD drives I would like to know your preferences Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Help with new rig suggestions

1) I read the TechSpot P55 Mobo guide, but I'm still a little hazy on what kind of motherboard I need. It doesn't seem like there is any significant difference between high end and low end motherboards. I will most likely only need a single PCI-e slot, with the possibly of going CrossFire unlikely at this point. Also, I will probably stick with ATI, so the EVGA FTW won't be a good investment. What Mobo do you guys recommend?Click to expand...

The cheaper ones.
Gigabyte's UD3 P55

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM crazy good deal.

CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
I would get a 5770.

5) For HDD, I want to get a 500GB drive, because I will be mainly using my 750GB external for serious storage. I will most likely get a WD, as they have an excellent warranty.Click to expand...

Did you need help with that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-rig-suggestions.148294/
Relevancy 30.1%

hey guys, I'm looking to put some new ram into my PC. My Mbo is a few yrs old its a ECS KM400-M2 and it runs 184-pin DDR DIMM and Supports 266/333MHz DDR with a max of 2gb. Before I buy, I'm looking for anyones suggestions and reccomendations on what to buy. thx

A:RAM suggestions

please read the installing ram and troubleshooting guide in the guides forum.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-suggestions.70735/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey I posted a thread a while back about my comp not working thinking it was the case that was faulty Well I have since then gotten want Just suggestions... some a new mboard ASUS A N X-X a new processor AMD Athlon XP a Just want some suggestions... new computer case and a new power supply When I have my old power supply hooked up I ll turn the on off switch to ON and the CPU fan will spin for a second then stop Also the mboard light will go on for a second then turn off Now when I tried hooking up Just want some suggestions... the new power supply it doesn t have an on off switch but I plugged it in and nothing Absolutely nothing I just don t understand these types of problems suck hard Anybody have any suggestions whatsoever I just can t get my computer to work The only thing new I don t have is a vid card and an HD But they should be working fine nbsp

A:Just want some suggestions...

Sounds like a toasty motherboard. Did you build the machine? Is this your first time building one? Did the computer fail on first powerup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-want-some-suggestions.68452/
Relevancy 30.1%

hi

I've just bought a 80Gb (7200rpm) HDD (not arrived yet) . The drive I've got now is a 7.85GB drive 5400rpm.

Should I install the OS on the new drive or the old drive? If on the new drive, I'll create 2 partitions on it so one partition is for data, the other is for the OS. Would it be better to use the old drive with nothing else on it or to just use a faster and bigger drive?

thanks.

Relevancy 30.1%

Does anyone have any? I have a limit of $30 but I was thinking about getting the Killer NIC from EVGA

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-nic-suggestions.135870/
Relevancy 30.1%

I've just upgraded my motherboard and i'm really happy withy the performance of the computer however the cpu is really burning up when giving the processor a good bit of work it reached 98c. I'm sure that is way, way too hot for any processor so i have two questions one do people think that a good cpu fan will get that right down for me or are there other issues? And can anyone recomend a REALLY good fan/heatsink . I am willing to pay for quality. it's an intel 775 socket. Thanks a million.

Relevancy 30.1%

Hey, I have many questions because I am making an upgrade to my old computer. Maybe you all can help?

1. What should I get with a $150 budget (CPU, Mobo, Fan, or a Barebone)
2. I have an Aptiva E76 PII 300mhz. What do I need to upgrade besdies Case, and power supply?

Thanks!

Relevancy 30.1%

Is this a good all around PC Around max budget I'm thinking of getting this PC later this year and want to know what others think about the components i have chosen in this build any suggestions will be greatly appreciated since i have never made a PC before Thanks for the feedback Edit quot better PC build quot PCPartPicker part list Price breakdown by merchant CPU Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Micro Center Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-SLI ATX LGA Motherboard SuperBiiz Memory G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory OutletPC Storage Samsung EVO-Series GB amp quot Solid State Drive SuperBiiz Storage Seagate Barracuda TB amp quot RPM Internal Hard Drive SuperBiiz Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX GB SuperSC ACX Video Card SuperBiiz Case Raidmax Vortex ATX Mid Tower Case SuperBiiz Suggestions PC Power Supply EVGA B W Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply NCIX US Optical Drive Samsung SH- DB BEBE DVD CD Writer Newegg Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP OEM -bit OutletPC Case Fan Cooler Master SickleFlow CFM mm Fan OutletPC Case Fan Cooler Master SickleFlow CFM mm Fan OutletPC Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker - - EDT-

A:PC Suggestions

Over all not a bad job of parts picking....but a few suggestions. Mobo - I'd upgrade that as that one is just a basic board. I would go with something like the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI Open Box: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

I would go with a larger SSD...250 GB. I would also change out the PSU to an Antec, Seasonic or EVGA brand. If the budget would allow go with a Nvidia GPU such as the GTX 970.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/124495-pc-suggestions.html
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a plantronics supra plus HW261W headset that I need to work with. It is connected to a HP TouchSmart 610 all in one. When the headset is connected it wont connect to my workbooth it gives me a error message of "There is no compatible sound devices installed on this computer". When I researced the problem I have tow choices:
1. Use a USB headset recognized bythe IP communicator -or-
2. Upgrde to the latest version of the IP communicator

The only choice that I have in the matter is to upgrade to another version in hopes of it matching my headset. I dont know what else to do and dont know how to upgrade to another ip communicator. Can someone please help with suggestions. Tech support from the job is saying to get another computer. I just purchased this one 7 months ago.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/suggestions-please-672548.html
Relevancy 30.1%

This machine is running fine I m just wondering if you guys see anything Any suggestions??? quot Any suggestions??? out of Any suggestions??? the ordinary quot in this log file Any suggestions??? Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Users Entercomp AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x AVG Secure Search vprot exe C ProgramData Anti-phishing Domain Advisor visicom antiphishing exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Express Expert g ax start exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Express Expert g ax comm expert exe C Program Files x Citrix GoToAssist Express Expert g ax user expert exe C Users Entercomp Downloads mssstool exe c b f d e d fcfd x mssswizard exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office EXCEL EXE C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Entercomp AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http blekko com ws source c d A CBE BBB FC A amp tbp homepage R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - AutorunsDisabled - no file O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C PROGRA Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x DivX DivX Plus Web Player ie DivXHTML DivXHTML dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO no name - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - no file O - BHO blekko search bar - adce-dba - e -afb - b cdf e - C Program Files x blekkotb blekkotb X dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Searchqu Toolbar - a - f- bd -be - acaa a - C PROGRA WIA EB Datamngr ToolBar searchqudtx dll O - BHO DataMngr - D F - - f - - F DB - C PROGRA WIA EB Datamngr BROWSE DLL O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E F... Read more

A:Any suggestions???

Only Trusted Advisors or Malware Removal Experts are allowed to analyze HijackThis logs.

If anyone without these designations offers advice based on the HijackThis log, do not follow them, and report their post.

----------------------------------------------------------

If you don't have a problem with your computer, using a program like HjT isn't exactly appropriate.

Let's see this:

Click Start.

In the search bar, type MSCONFIG and hit Enter. Click the "Startup" tab.

Write down only the names in the "Startup Item" column that have a checkmark next to them.

If the "Startup Item" column isn't wide enough to see the entire name of any of them, widen the column.

Submit those names here in a vertical list.

Make sure to spell them EXACTLY as you see them there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-suggestions.1055315/
Relevancy 30.1%

Hey guys,
I've had my current system for about a year now and my current hardware has no problems or anything but I have a little bit of a larger budget now and am looking to upgrade my CPU/GPU. I'm not sure if I should do both or just my GPU but that defiantly needs an upgrade. I play Skyrim a lot with ENBs' and get 20-30 fps when playing with those special effects.
That just wont cut it for me, so I need some suggestions for the best deals on some hardware. and price cap would be somewhere about 300 bucks but if its a good enough deal, i may consider it. and i gotta have at least 2GB of memory.
Thanks