Windows Support Forum

Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Q: Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Hi I have a Coolermaster setup the suggestions Fan 922 for HAF HAF case and my computer specs are as follows Asrock N C-S mobo AMD Athlon II X Arctic Cooling Freezer pro GB x GB Corsair Vengeance DDR RAM PowerColor HD GB GPU Coolermaster GX w PSU Running Win Ultimate I also have x HDD s in the case soon to be x HDD s and an SSD Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922 for the OS when I get time to install it Anyway that s the spec The case had two stock fans- front mm x mm and rear mm x mm The rear case fan wasn t very quiet however so I went ahead and purchased a Sharkoon silent eagle mm This isn t actually as silent as its name suggests but it does seem to create better airflow and it has reduced noise levels slightly What I d like help with is finding an ideal fan setup for my case which will keep it as quiet as possible but also keep it cool I use the computer for gaming using resource-hungry programs like the Adobe suite I know there s going to need to be a compromise and I m fine with that but I think I d prefer it to be more geared towards the silent side rather than performance My questions are Do I need a side or top fan If so what sizes do I need and should they blow air in to the case or suck it out Should the rear fan be sucking air into the case or blowing it out Can I replace the fan on the Arctic Cooling Freezer to a Sharkoon because the freezer fan is the noisiest of the lot What is the actual size of the front case fan I d like to replace this as this isn t very quiet either I m open to any suggestions as I am clueless when it comes to building computers I just know how to use them Thanks Tom nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fan setup suggestions for the HAF 922

Lol, lovely username Tom.

I don't think you're going to get the case as quiet as I know you'd like, but as I've said before, maybe your best option is a fan controller, so you can turn down the noise when your working and then increase the fans for when your gaming to provide additional cooling performance.

If a controller isn't an option, I'd probably pip for Noctua NF-S12B FLX Ultra Quiet 120mm fans (one in top, one in side and one in the rear -- all as exhaust) as 60CFM @ 18dB is about the best you'll get for "silent" fans. Not cheap though, but will last years and years.

Combined with the intake fan at the front of the case and the other three all running as exhaust will cause the case to run negative air pressure, which is exactly how I ran my HAF 912+ -- The downside is the case will get dusty inside faster, but it will suck out heat much faster and run the computer cooler in my experience.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-setup-suggestions-for-the-haf-922.186550/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am working on a Toshiba Satellite with Insyde H2O bios. It says to use F2 for setup and F12 for boot manager.

I've tried all the function keys, as well as esc and del and they only get me to Windows Boot Manager. (This includes F2.)

The machine has Vista that stops loading when it gets to the network drivers. Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause? If I download a new BIOS can I install it from the command prompt?

If the BIOS is still OK are there other ways to get into setup?

(Meanwhile F2 works just fine on my Dell Lattitude)

A:Can't get into BIOS setup utility

Try using a USB keyboard...

"Could a corrupt BIOS be the cause?"

I don't think you would get that far in the boot process if the bios were corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-into-bios-setup-utility.178271/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi Guys! I hope you have the time to see this post and give me some suggestions on Upgrading my PC.

Bought all of these parts last June 9, 2014.
This is my Rig

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 (Service Pack 1)
ECS Elite Group Deluxe H87 H3-M 1150
i5 - 4570 CPU @ 3.20 GHZ
HyperX Fury 8gb 1600mhz
PSU 600WATS Cougar
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr 256mb 2GB GDDR5
BenQ 22" LED 1920x1080
HDD 1TB for Storage
500GB split this into half Disk C: has 250 where I install my OS at and Local Disk D: where I put my games/saved games.
PC Case: Ostrog Enermax

I mainly created this Rig for gaming.

I'm planning to buy an SSD soon, any tips? Already read the most budget SSD is the Crucial m4 ssd 128gb
Also thinking of upgrading my Motherboard. Also, if ever I'm changing my MOBO, do you guys think I need to change my PSU as well?

Thoughts/Opinions/Suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thank you!

A:Upgrading my PC. Need Suggestions

There is no gain using an SSD for storage. I would buy an SSD to transfer the system and applications to. Format the existing drive for a storage drive. That will give you the full benefit of the speed that an SSD will give you. Try some PC trans software. They do the job well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-pc-need-suggestions.216438/
Relevancy 24.51%

Motherboard GA-X79-UD3 socket 2011
CPU Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz
PSU 850 watt
ram 16 GB
Hard drive 256 GB ssd
at this time I have GPU is GTX 550tix2

A:Best card for my setup

Budget? What do you want this card for, I,e, gaming, video rendering, etc.? As for "best" there are probably several options open to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-card-for-my-setup.216146/
Relevancy 28.81%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portwell-...766?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a9b75151e

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-suggestions-for-industrial-mitx-board.213745/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a three month old Dell Dimension GHZ P Gig Ram and a gig SATA Hard Drive When I got the computer I used the files and transfer PC Relocator utility And had in Error system drives did hard Message: disk find Setup not your installed any a bunch of unwanted extras that came with it I m having a Satellite Internet system installed and they wanted a clean install of windows XP So I opened the owner s manual and got out the reinstallation disk and the problems began By the way Dell tech support s only response has been to say gee that s not right and would send a tech sometime after Christmas Anyway heres step by step what I did I boot to the Dell reinstallation disk Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system The windows setup screen appears and loads files The next screen says welcome to setup and offers three options -to setup XP press enters To repair XP press R to exit without installing XP press F I press enter and the following message comes up Setup did not find any hard disk installed in your computer Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected And any disk related configuration is correct ect Press F to quit It dose this if I try repair also Dell had me check the connections to the HD and Motherboard They re good And debug the hard drive No luck Everything worked fine until I put in the reinstallation disk Any help would be welcome nbsp

A:Error Message: Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed in your system

During Setup, it will ask you if you need any extra drivers such as SCSI (or SATA in your case). If so, press F6. Now you are in trouble, because SATA drivers come on a floppy and new(er) Dells don't have a floppy anymore. Borrow a floppy-drive from another PC and install that in your Dell.
Setting up with the Dell disks, I'm not sure if they are RESTORE-disks or full XP-disks.
That may cause another problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-installed-in-your-system.18329/
Relevancy 24.08%

Okay so I am having an issue working out if my case will be able to hold my motherboard and graphics card Case Details Available Color Black Materials Steel body plastic Dimension x x mm x x inch (I Computer Building my First setup) changed W x H x D Net Weight kg lbs M B Type Micro-ATX ATX quot Drive Bays exposed quot Drive Bays exposed hidden quot Drive Bays hidden I O Panel USB x int USB x Mic x Audio x supports AC HD Audio Expansion Slots Cooling System Front mm fan x optional or mm fan x Building First Computer (I changed my setup) optional Rear mm black fan x pre-installed Side left mm or mm fan x optional Side right mm fan x optional Building First Computer (I changed my setup) Power Supply Type Standard ATX PS EPS V optional Maximum Compatibility VGA card length mm inch with HDD cage CPU cooler height mm inch Now Ill list my other parts I have They should Building First Computer (I changed my setup) also be links if they are not links just search the name WD quot Green TB WD EZRX SATA M RPM HDD Patriot Signature GB Kit Gx DDR - - PSD G KH Samsung SATA x Black DVD RW Gigabyte N - GI N SL- GL DDR GT PCI-E VGA Card Intel BX G Pentium G GHz MB LGA ASRock H M Anniversary Motherboard nbsp

A:Building First Computer (I changed my setup)

From the case details you have supplied (Motherboard type: Micro ATX or ATX and maximum video card length of 320mm) you are well within the parameters of having everything fit.
ASRock H97M motherboard is a Micro ATX board.
Gigabyte N730-2GI video card is 185mm in length.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-i-changed-my-setup.210947/
Relevancy 28.81%

Current specs
Intel db75en
Intel i5 3rd gen 3450
Gtx 970 amp extreme edition
Samsung evo 120
PSU corsair vs 650
Liquid cooler h50 corsair

Currently they are on LGA 1155 mobo

I just killed my old motherboard
And now I am planning to buy i7 4790k

There are three motherboards I have in mind and all of them are asus z97 series based. Want to buy only asus..
Z97 A
Z97 k
Z97 c

I want to know that whether I should upgrade and get 1150 mobo and new processor or not!

(I have no plans to put dual gtx 970 bt plan to use secondary gfx card (gtx560) as phyx dedicated card)
If yes then
1. Which mobo I should go for and why?
2. Will the old h50 will be fittable on my new board or not!

Any new advise also appreciated!
Thank You

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-liquid-cooler-suggestions.210943/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, this is my first post on techspot, and I am kind of a newbie on building pc. I have never done it and been looking up everything I can. My needs are just basically normal computing but I want to be able to play new games (shadow of mordor). I dont do any video editing or anything. I have been reading that an i3 will be fine and I need a good gpu instead of overkill on a cpu. I also want a good mobo that has plenty of potential (something about more ports???). I just need to be steered in the right direction of what to get without blowing out the budget. I dont play too many games (and no fps and very few online). I just dont want to see a new game in 6 months that I want and dont have minimum sys requirements. Also I was very skeptical about getting an AMD cpu instead because they get so much hotter, but I know alot of people will recomend it. Sorry for being so longwinded.

A:Info/suggestions on build? i3?

Hi BraidedDuke5,
Have you thought of going down the used parts path as you seem to be wanting a machine "cheap" with an i3 instead of looking at what kind of job you really want it to do, unless you will only be playing games in a really low resolution (fps). E.g. the Intel NUC and the ASUS Vivo have Core i3 CPU and they are nothing like a gaming PC.
Here is a couple of pros for a Core i5, and they are;
"Intel Turbo Boost":- Which lets the processor increase its clockspeed whenever the workload on the CPU increases and none of the Core i3 CPUs have Turbo Boost.
"Cache":- The i3 (Ivy Bridge) processors have 3MB (except 4 Clarkdale processors which have 4MB) of cache all the Core i5s (except 4 Ivy Bridge processors which have 3MB and 6 Clarkedale which have 4MB), have 6MB of cache. The cache is like RAM for the processor but it is built into the processor chip. So this gives it (the CPU) access to the memory storage a lot quicker. Without a CPU memory cache and RAM the CPU would need to access the HDD which would be even slower.

Searched eBay.com.au for "i5 cpu" in "Computer components and parts" and had a myriad of choices.

You really need to decide on the CPU first then mobo and then components (small SSD for the O/S, graphics card and RAM) and lastly a PSU to power all your choices (you could even bung a cheap PSU in just to get the rig going, so long as you realise that it WILL fail down the line!)

Hope this helps

Edit:- Changed CPU listings to be accurate for world-wide purchasing as some markets did not get some CPU incarnations released as a new product (based entirely on the Ivy Bridge and Clarkdale Core i3 / i5)
Reference Intel 2105/03/22 from http://ark.intel.com/.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/info-suggestions-on-build-i3.210492/
Relevancy 24.51%

Before I say anything else, I am very new to building a computer. Ive never built one in my life. I am curious if the setup I have to far will work! I am trying to look for pretty cheap but good options for parts. So far I have a case, processor, and GPU in mind. I need ideas for the motherboard especially. I dont know how to tell if everything would work correctly, so if something would be incompatible, could you tell me?

So far I have

GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770k
Case: NZXT Phantom 240 Mid Tower
Ram:
Motherboard:
Hard-Drive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
Power Supply:
DVD Drive:
Operating System: Windows 7 64 Bit
Monitor:

Would there be anything else I need? Also what is thermal compound and Heatsink? Are these required for my setup? Please tell me if there is anything wrong with this so far and what items I should use for the unfilled spaces! Thank you all so much!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-setup-work.207722/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to set up my Windows Xp computer as a VPN server I have taken the initial steps I get to the Accept Xp setup VPN hanging server Windows incoming connections screen and click okay The computer hangs for about a minute or so and then comes up with the following message Incoming connections depend on Routing and Remote access Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging service which was unable to start For more information check the system event log I presumed I had to go to control panel performance and maintenance Administrative Tools Event viewer I have already made sure that Routing and Remote access are enabled as well as Telephony I could not find Netbios in the services list and don t know where to Windows Xp VPN server setup hanging look for it Also when I try to start Routing and Remote access service manually I get the following message Windows could not start Routing and Remote access on local computer For more information review the System Event Log If this is a non-Microsoft service contact the service vendor and refer to the service specific error code- Can some one give me a step by step walk through of how to resolve this issue so I can connect to that computer from work over the internet nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-vpn-server-setup-hanging.207658/
Relevancy 24.51%

This is my current setup and am wondering if there's anything that can be improved.
primary hard drive 210GB Samsung SSD
secondary hard drive 931 GB Western Digital
8 GB DDR 3 dual channel memory
2TB Western Digital Passport external hard drive
Intel i5 2500K processor (not overclocked)
After running Winaero WEI tool I was supprised to see my primary hard drive is the bottle neck as it's SSD. Is there a way I can tell that SSD is primary, and not the old hard drive?

I run Windows 8.1 as main computer, then with VMware I run Windows 7 from secondary hard drive (all of its files are on secondary hard drive).

I noticed with the VM running some programs take a while to load the first time. For example Maple and Photoshop take 10 seconds, but if they are closed and open again then they take 2 seconds to open. Also with the VM and Firefox running 75% of memory is used. Does this mean I need more RAM?

A:Best setup with hardware

All that means is drive as far as windows is concerned is slower than the graphics card, memory ,and processor is. that means nothing. u'r computer is fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-setup-with-hardware.206940/
Relevancy 24.51%

A few months ago I thought I got a great deal on a Dell Precision T with dual quad GHz processor and MB of RAM The Raid Of Setup Getting Out Need Help upgradable to over MB It also came with GB hard drives but before I figured out that the second drive was just a data recorder set up in a RAID formation in order to safely keep sensitive data safer by duplicating it on a second drive Well the second hard drive went out and I had to re- install Windows on the first drive and I thought everything would be allright but then Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup the first drive went out also I have choices in the bios to change this setup RAID Auto Detect AHCI RAID Autodetect ATA or RAID On Obviously I want the RAID off but it looks like I have to reformat my hard drives to make that happen and I don t know how Can someone please help me fix my computer back to normal With this system I ought to have some serious power put together right I already have an gb new solid state drive but I don t want to mess things up before I put my operating system on the solid state for quick start ups and then add a couple of large hard drives for my large data Also upgrading the video card Can someone help me straighten this mess out because I am afraid I may need a certain format to keep this from happening again and I am in uncharted waters nbsp

A:Need Help Getting Out Of The Raid Setup

If u are only going to have one drive for the OS u need the raid turned off. just make sure to install programs on the other D: drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-getting-out-of-the-raid-setup.206492/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey guys I was looking at case suggestions mini-ITX redoing a build as a mini-itx so it would be more in the question to carry it somewhere if need be This is my alternative to getting a laptop as a primary mini-ITX case suggestions computer and ill be gettiing some sort of cheap portable tablet laptop for college work So I was looking for mini-ITX cases that would be best for my situation Alot of them are cube-like and im not a fan I would prefer something that I could put my xbox on top or vica versa Not that id definately be doing that but thats generally what form factor I want I also need to be able to fit like at most a GTX in it I know thats asking alot but alot of the cube cases can do mini-ITX case suggestions it all mini-itx cases ive really seen are too slim or to cube like and that makes it feel clunky to move anywhere Id really like to have the most efficient PC case possible Ive got a corsair c build right now and it just doesnt work at college as well as id want Oh yea my budget is at max Looking further im starting to think I won t be able to get a build small enough for what im looking for and I guess thats understandable I guess I should say my PSU budget is so it either needs to support a normal PSU or have a smaller one in that price range and wattage amperage that can run a non overclocked i and a GTX nbsp

A:mini-ITX case suggestions

I am doing a second mini-itx and the case does not seem to be working. the first case is no longer available - I posted pics here - it was all acrylic/clear - over the long term, it turns out that the acrylic broke at the power-on button and where the power supply meets the back of the case.

You might want to look at some that are for video - they have a low, flat profile like a DVD player.

You can get one that will accommodate a pico-psu power supply. This is a laptop-style power supply, with a barrel connector to connect to the computer.

This connection needs to be figured out before ordering parts. The right pico-psu will connect right into the ATX power supply plug, just like the plug coming out of a regular ATX power supply. But the barrel connection needs to be supported by the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mini-itx-case-suggestions.206075/
Relevancy 27.95%

24x7 - Low Power Consumption ? Internet Download Machine

I want to build a System that has LOW POWER Consumption.

Use:

Mostly Downloading Stuffs , Might Host Own Cloud too , Email Clients , IRC Clients , Other Internet Connected Apps

I was thinking of a Kabini System

Athlon 5350 (25 W TDP) & Some AM1 Mother Board

http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopAPUDetail.aspx?id=105

Again I was thinking about the Intel G3258 Anniversary edition processor (But it has Much Larger TDP)

It should be A Windows 7 Machine . Not Linux or other what nots !

But I am Here for some Advice. I already told you my requirements.

Advise me - What should I do ?
I only want to buy

Processor + Motherboard + RAM

&

SMPS (PSU) + HDD

I have the rest

A:Hardware Suggestions - 24x7 - Low Power Consumption Internet Connected PC

Hmm; Why is power consumption a hi priority issue - - are you running off a solar powered system or portable generator?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-24x7-low-power-consumption-internet-connected-pc.205627/
Relevancy 29.67%

I had a drive go south on me, looks like the MBR, MFT, and the backups for them got trashed on the drive after a reboot. The drive itself still is fully operational, and my usual go to software, ZAR, unfortunately is not doing the trick. Does anyone have any other suggestions on what to try?

A:Suggestions to recovery from bad MBR/MFT?

I've used a program called testdisk to repair a messed up MFT, it's free.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-recovery-from-bad-mbr-mft.204862/
Relevancy 28.81%

I do not want to go over how much it costs now. Another thing I need to mention is that this is a black/blue themed pc.

A:Is this a good gaming rig? give suggestions on how to make it better

What exactly is the Intel Devil's Canyon Bundle? From what I can tell it is not specific parts and can be any number of components. Everything else looks good though, just not sure about the bundle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-this-a-good-gaming-rig-give-suggestions-on-how-to-make-it-better.205206/
Relevancy 29.24%

Dvd burner will duplicate cd's fine, but the movies always say failure after endless times of trying...someone plz help

A:Dvd burner problems...any suggestions

They are so cheap now it is probably worth everyone's time to just get a new one.

If you really want to troubleshoot it, put it in a different computer or OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burner-problems-any-suggestions.204100/
Relevancy 24.08%

I bought a 250 GB Samsung Evo SSD 840 for my desktop (850 isn't available in Canada yet). I'm running Windows 7 but am considering upgrading to Windows 8 or Ubuntu (or dualboot/vmware). My work is technical and to keep up with the times I am considering Windows 8, though I don't have a touchscreen. I am not sure the kind of configuration to use and am open to ideas. The current hard drive I have is a slow 1TB one. I was planning on setting up the SSD as a cache.

EDIT: my motherboard is Asus p8z68-v le

A:Setup with 1TB harddrive and fast 250GB SSD

I would not recommend setting up a cache at all with that large capacity SSD. Usually people cache with 64GB SSDs, but in your case, you might as well just migrate data to the SSD and use the HDD for bulk storage (large files).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-with-1tb-harddrive-and-fast-250gb-ssd.204009/
Relevancy 29.24%

I just got a new system that is rather light on the USB ports, so I figured I'd take advantage of the built in bluetooth. That being said are there any bluetooth mice that the users of Techspot either own and like, or find appealing? I tend to like my mice full sized and being contoured for the right hand is a bonus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-bluetooth-mouse.203145/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hay Guys, I need suggestions about the best Gaming Headset with the following characteristics:

Price: 70/90? (97/124$) (58/75£)
For what?: Gaming mainly.

A:Suggestions for new gaming headset with microphone (for PC)

I would check this out: http://goo.gl/LO8f1Z.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-new-gaming-headset-with-microphone-for-pc.200877/
Relevancy 29.67%

So I play The Sims 3 & currently I can have all the expansion packs running but of course it won't be moving as fast as if I had less running.

My current PC specs are:
HP Pavillion P7-1421 PC
- Next Gen AMD Quad-Core A8-5500 Accelerated Processor
- 8GB DDR3 system memory
- 1.5TB Hard drive
- AMD Radeon HD 7560D
- Super Multi DVD burner
- Windows 8

I'm looking to upgrade in a costly manner & not entirely looking for perfection. Just running faster.

My PC is pretty stock I haven't done anything besides install programs ( The Sims, Simcity, Photoshop)

Thanks!

A:Suggestions to boost my PC

Well depends on the area you want to boost your machine. If you are speaking in the area of gaming, my suggestion would be to grab a new video card (Since you have an APU, an AMD GPU might be your best option) because that will boost your gaming up significantly.

But its going to depend on what you want to be boosted.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-boost-my-pc.200511/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi everyone I m looking for a mouse that has a very nice sensor without acceleration but with a few specific DPI settings I d like a native DPI setting and a DPI setting Mouse Suggestions a little higher up to may be okay but is preferable That s about all the requirements throw at me anything that fits I know a lot of decent laser Mouse Suggestions mice can fit that but AFAIK they all tend to have some sensor flaws Aside from that everything else is pretty flexible but here s what I prefer A couple DPI profile settings Light is preferable Not a large mouse Mouse Suggestions medium small A couple side buttons As for the shape I d have to look at the mouse or Mouse Suggestions try it out to know if I ll like it or not I like the shape of the Roccat Savu and Kone pure In fact I almost picked up a Kone pure for on black friday but the Avago held me back I d also like a pretty slick mousepad to go with it something at least as quick as a Razer Goliathus speed I use about cm so it needs to be a medium sized mat Thanks for reading nbsp

A:Mouse Suggestions

I have a Razer Deathadder 2013, it has DPI settings which can be changed in the software from 100 DPI up to 6400, the lights can be turned on or off and it has 2 custom side buttons which can be changed to do whatever you want. I have a Razer Goliathus speed medium mat which is very good and it feels high quality. It is a good size for my hands but I do have quite large hands but I think once you have used it you won't want to go back to a smaller mouse, I sure don't anyway. That's my personal opinion but it's about how it feels to you and has all the features you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-suggestions.198614/
Relevancy 29.67%

I'm in need of a new keyboard and am using a temporary one currently. Here is what I like
1)for Windows
2)wired
3)have good short cut keys for things like web browser and email client
4)full size and not compact

I'm on the fence about low profile keyboards, I guess they're good because they require less pressure to press a key. I enjoyed the old mechanical keyboards more than the modern ones.

Any suggestions?

A:Suggestions for new keyboard

So, you dont want a mechanical keyboard? Then just go with the Logitech K120. Dont pay anymore than like $20 for a membrane keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-new-keyboard.197311/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey guys,

I'm needing some information that is extremely hard to come by.

The 740m in the HP Envy 17t-j000, does anyone know, or does anyone know WHERE to look (Google failed me, or I failed Google!) to find out whether it needs ACTIVE displayport -> HDMI adapters?

I question this because I know the 57xx series from ATI required active. The card only supported 1 RAMDAC signal (or something?) and the Nvidia's tech seems different. According to HP support, passive will work fine. I need to have the adapters ordered ASAP, but I do not want to order the incorrect ones.

Any assistance is appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-envy-17t-j000-w-740m-triple-monitor-setup-questions.197029/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have a 430gt with 3 monitor hooked to it , but I can only display on 2 .So is there a program that is good to use . to make all 3 display at the same time . So I can play games on 1 and have the on another and maybe run something else on the other?

A:3 monitor setup

Well I do believe the GT 430 only supports up to 2 monitors running at the same time if im not mistaken, im looking on NVidia.com and it seems to be so. However if you are running on an Intel Processor, you can set it to support a third monitor by plugging into the Intel HD on board graphics to get a third monitor going.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-monitor-setup.196949/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello,

Where I work we need a need new server. I am not really a expert in hardware so I hope you can give me a little help choosing a fitting server, I will use a template with answers to help you understand what's needed:

1) What is the available budget?
Up to 2500? (3380 USD, 2094 GBP).

2) Which tasks will the server execute?
GPS analyses which is pure heavy computing. The amount of reading and writing to the disc is moderate. Internet traffic is low.

3) There is any preferred brand or there is any that is out of question?
Any reasonable brand.

5) Does the size of the server matters?
Should be a standard rack.

6) There are any specific requirements (interfaces, storage etc)?
- 8 cores (1x8 [preferable] or 2x4)
- 16 G byte memory
- 4 Tera byte disc
- fast CPU

I hope somebody can help me with some suggestions.

A:Buy new server - suggestions needed

I would refer to this good article.

This seems like a pretty good server for your specifications: http://goo.gl/1rIcjH.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-new-server-suggestions-needed.196717/
Relevancy 24.51%

Today I boot my 1 year old computer this message appears:

"Please enter SETUP to recover BIOS setting

Press F1 to run SETUP"

I did the F1 thing, reloaded my OC profile and everything seems fine right now. Anyone knows why this happened? And above all: what are the chances of this happening again on my next cold boot? How to fix?

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 (LGA1155) 28 °C
Graphics
E2250 ([email protected])
2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (Gigabyte) 30 °C
1024MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Elitegroup) 28 °C
ForceWare version: 326.80
SLI Disabled
Hard Drives
932GB Seagate ST310005 24AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA) 25 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW UH12LS29 SCSI CdRom Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

A:Press F1 to run SETUP

It could be possible your cmos battery is bad. Beings its a year old. I would think this would not be the case. But you never know how long the manufacter had the battery. Before installing the battery on your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/press-f1-to-run-setup.196470/
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm searching for an ASUS motherboard that is compatible with my hardware parts below:

CPU: Intel Core i7 940 SLBCK Desktop CPU Processor LGA1366 2.93GHz 8MB
RAM: Kingston HyperX 6GB Kit 3X2GB DDR3-1600 CL9 240PIN DIMM XMP Triple Channel Memory Kit
Hard Drive: 750GB Seagate sata hard drive
DVD ROM: IDE DVD ROM

I would like an on-board video connection.
Thanks

A:ASUS Motherboard Suggestions for New Build

I dont think any LGA1366 have on-board VGA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-motherboard-suggestions-for-new-build.196401/
Relevancy 24.08%

Greetings you lovely bunch I am in the process of building myself a new funmachine Unfortunately I have stalled at the sound setup Through extensive research I have established that the following criteria are the most recommendable in order to achieve the best overall sound experience Avoid headsets headphones with microphones Avoid wireless Avoid USB Only stereo headphones I e one speaker per spectacular setup Seeking sound ear Open cup for sound quality I sit in a quiet environment The machine will be used mainly for entertainment purposes being gaming video watching and music listening in order of importance I do not consider myself an audiophile per se I do however value a great atmospheric feeling Seeking spectacular sound setup accurate D positioning and comfort I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H motherboard Will its onboard sound Realtek ALC cover my wishes when paired Seeking spectacular sound setup with some good headphones or should I get a soundcard And what about an amplifier a DAC etc Originally I considered getting the Sennheiser HD as it has garnered much critical acclaim Unfortunately momomo wasn t impressed with its sound stage Despite my highest efforts this leaves me fairly puzzled and in need of your kind help Which sound setup compliments my computer experience the most without being overkill I have a generous budget All response is of course greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Seeking spectacular sound setup

"I already plan on getting the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H motherboard. Will its onboard sound (Realtek ALC898) cover my wishes when paired with some good headphones ? or should I get a soundcard? And what about an amplifier, a DAC etc.?" You won't need a sound card, just headphones or a low cost wired 2 speaker+ powered subwoofer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seeking-spectacular-sound-setup.194793/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello. My name is Darryl and I am trying to find the best gaming computer, ever. I want to know the best parts you know with no budget. This includes peripheals like the best headset or mouse (Already have best keyboard, mad catz S.T.R.I.K.E 7, herp derp.) Thanks!

PS- Has to be Win7

A:Need suggestions for gaming computer parts

Silly question, as 'best' can be taken n many ways. But, here you go:

http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/page5.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-for-gaming-computer-parts.195484/
Relevancy 24.51%

I have an EVGA GTX 560-Ti graphics card connected to two monitors. The primary monitor is a Syncmaster 2433BW and the second monitor is a Syncmaster 204B. Everything was fine until this morning when I booted up and found the second monitors resolution way off. After entering the NVIDIA control panel I found the monitor simply identified as Digital Display with a very limited resolution table available, the monitor was set to 1024x768. On the control panel resolution screen it is identified as "Generic Non-PNP Monitor with only two resolutions neither of which is the recommended 1600x1200. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver with no improvement.

A:Lost monitor ID in setup

Have u tried This option the Resize? I use this due to my Samsung tv doesnt have really good scaling which I was left to using a random resolution but this random resolution still is read from the tv as 1920x1080 maybe it might work for u

if this doesnt work I havent actualy got which driver did u install nvidia driver or the monitor one? if so this is were u should go
<-this image seems to not be working right click open in new tab

Right click my computer Properties Device manager and rightclick on the monitors and update software

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-monitor-id-in-setup.195406/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all I m in PC? for Suggestions a or Laptop Gaming need of some assistance on looking for a gaming laptop or PC I want a laptop that can run most games smoothly at high settings Suggestions for a Gaming Laptop or PC? and since I have no real knowledge about computer specs and what not I d like some expert advice I have a really bad computer from the early s that Suggestions for a Gaming Laptop or PC? has the following specs Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional yes that s how old it is Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor MMX DNOW GHz Memory MB RAM Yes only that much Because of this computer I can play about games at minimum settings and those games are League of Legends runs smoothly enough to play Aion LAGS LIKE A MOFO Left Dead lags A TON and Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic YAY STEAM SALE and this runs smoothly enough to play too The game I play the most is League of Legends and that s the game I D LOVE TO RUN at maximum settings My FPS in that game switches between - FPS and whenever I watch professional LoL players stream their FPS is at around - FPS or higher There are also many other games I d like to play on the PC like Bioshock Infinite Borderlands Sid Meier s Civilization Diablo Guild Wars Starcraft and many more PC games I d like to play but couldn t cause of my computer My budget is no more than but I am willing to spend more if it is worth the money Thanks a lot nbsp

A:Suggestions for a Gaming Laptop or PC?

This is a great laptop: http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=product_info&model_name=NP7352. You will need to add in an SSD though for about $300 more. Or you can buy your own SSD for half that price and install it yourself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-laptop-or-pc.195061/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello All I have decided on the following Cooler Master Eisberg L Prestige Alphacool NexXxoS XT Radiator mm And I m deciding on a GPU block at a later date when the new Nvidia cards come out I Setup together Linking Watercooling help was hoping to set it up Watercooling Setup Linking together help as Pump Reservoir is built onto the CPU block which makes this all very easy supposed to anyway and is upgradable so you can add an extra few items to the loop I was hoping to mount the mm radiator it comes with to the top of my case and the extra mm radiator to the back of my case I was hoping having the mm radiator cool the water before it entered the graphics card block would help yield better results and thus the fans can run at a slower speed I m not trying to break any records and certainly don t plan on overclocking a whole much I just find water cooling much quieter in general compared to a multi-fan heatsink and a load of case fans plus the fans on the GPU My question is can this be done I m rubbish at checking the tubing sizes and what I need to actually connect it all up preferably white hose Any advise would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:Watercooling Setup Linking together help

Unless getting this kit for the same amount of money would be better?

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Alphacool-NexXxoS-Cool-Answer-240-LTST-Full-Kit_30211.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/watercooling-setup-linking-together-help.192663/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all I am going to be buying new HDD s and would setup Raid0 New Here, like to setup a raid on them using New Here, Raid0 setup windows bit I also would like to install a rd SSD for Ubuntu type drive in my optical bay I have no clue as to the proper order for this operation optical replacement first or raid setup first I am not totally new to computers but I have mainly worked with desktops before I do understand my laptop though as I have opened it up for HDD and RAM upgrades and the Optical bay looks pretty simple with only a few screws to remove I need step by step instructions for the raid setup and where to get the drivers for it if windows bit DVD does not have them already The installation of the SSD into the optical bay is no problem nor is installation of the dual Hybrid drives I ll be getting so it s mostly the software setup of things for the raid I was going to enter some links to the gear I would like to get but this site gave me some BS about Kismet So I will leave them out for now Let me know if you need to know the gear to help me here For now my system is the G sx If there is a better bay replacement HDD or SSD that you know and has awesome reviews please let me know I like to buy things on Amazon for the most part as the return process has been excellent for other things before just in case I should point out also that this rig will be gaming mostly with the ssd ubuntu setup for everything else and to play around with Linux for fun Thanks Ahead nbsp

A:New Here, Raid0 setup

HALT, STOP, DESIST;

Rule 1:- never use raid-x for a BOOT device.

Rule 2:- don't assume that Raid-0 is "faster" or that Raid-1 "doesn't require backup"

Rule 3:- Raid is a Server feature, not intended for the home user.

Now then, go read all you can about Raid before you spend $0.10 more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-here-raid0-setup.192766/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi friends,

I just want to know that which Graphic card is compatible with my computer and My computer configuration were:

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M V2
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor
RAM: 2GB
Monitor: View Sonic

As, my system had inbuilt 512 MB nividia Geforce 730 / Nividia nforce 630a

So, for above Configuration which is the best Graphic Card for me to be avail at low price as I can't afford more money for Graphic card.

A:Need Suggestions about Graphic Card

What will the PC be used for, and what is your exact budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-about-graphic-card.192092/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi I m setting up my PC amp stuck between set of options Both of the setups fits within Rs - which is my budget I will be gaming mostly and no multitasking only single threaded applications I want the best cpu clock speed amp overall graphics possible and also which will serve me good for atleast to years My options are AMD FX- MSI A-G AMD Motherboard AMD ATI HD GB GDDR AMD A - K ASUS F A -M-PRO Motherboard ASUS AMD ATI HD GB GDDR CrossFire-ed with the APU help PC Setup Graphics I don t know whether the MSI mobo I mentioned in the st option is the best but it is surely PC Setup help one of the cheapest If there are any other good amp cheap am mobo and or any gfx card that fits in the budget please mention Also if you think that any other combo of these three viz CPU GPU amp Mobo suits my requirements amp budget better PC Setup help please suggest Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-setup-help.192000/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi I am thinking of upgrading components in my PC to suggestions Upgrade make it more powerful Below is my PC specs please could some of you suggest possible upgrades Version EVEREST v Homepage http www lavalys com Report Type Report Wizard Computer DAVE-PC Generator Dave Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name DAVE-PC User Name Dave Motherboard CPU Type x Intel Pentium III Xeon MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Standard Serial over Bluetooth link COM Communication Port Standard Serial over Bluetooth link COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GT Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST AS Upgrade suggestions ATA Device Disk Drive ST AS ATA Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Disk Upgrade suggestions Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Optical Drive HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H L ATA Device Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard HID Keyboard Device Mouse HID-compliant mouse Game Controller Microsoft PC-joystick driver Network Network Adapter Upgrade suggestions Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Network Adapter Realtek RTL C P C P Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS Network Adapter Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Peripherals USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C NoDB USB Device Generic Bluetooth Radio USB Device Generic USB Hub USB Device Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Input Device USB Device USB Mass Storage Device Problems amp Suggestions Problem Disk free space is only on drive D nbsp

A:Upgrade suggestions

You may want to edit this post a bit. Give us the core components. I don't think anyone will want to read this wall of text to figure all of that out.

Check out this thread It will tell you how we want the posts to be formatted when requesting assistance / advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-suggestions.191524/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hiya My friend is going abroad to study and will likely be away from home for a period of - years During this time my friend of course won t have a whole lot of cash to work with but will attempt to also find work while abroad I don t know my friends budget I m afraid but I m wanting "gaming" laptop $999 a under for Suggestions to aim for something below the average cost of a quot and or quot Macbook Pro I think that s like Both and will work for suggestions My friend does a lot of the standard office kind of work powerpoints document-pushing and just maybe the occasional spreadsheet Other than that my friend is a bit of a gamer liking to play Free To Play games like League of Legends However the possibility exists that my friend might take up Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999 StarCraft as well On top of this there s the usual browsing of video-sharing and blog-posting websites To top it all off my friend also engages and will engage more in image and video-editing Thus it has to be a laptop and it has to be a decent one which can do a bit of everything Since this is to attempt to beat the steep pricing of a mac I d like for any suggestions to stay below However if it s a very good deal suggestions of above that are also welcome P S I m just doing this to help my friend but I m also helping my friend with many other things related to this But it s a bit much so I thought I d perhaps be able to crowd-source some help My friend however hasn t requested help at all so it s also a bit of a quot surprise quot Thank you nbsp

A:Suggestions for a "gaming" laptop under $999

MacBooks are not for gaming generally. The cheapest MBP only has Intel graphics, which are slow, heck it will play LoL and SC2 but at low settings. I would go with the Lenovo Y580: https://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary...-category-id=AC523278A4F13F27A84F5F5622D1AC7A
It has a GTX 660M which will play SC2 just fine. But unfortunately, most models have been sold out on Lenovos site, so there is only 1 left, and it doesnt have a 1080P screen like the others do. Plus no deals are going on now. I looked at other notebooks <$999 and they all had 1GB 650Ms, which are fine, but 1GB is pushing it nowadays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-laptop-under-999.190960/
Relevancy 29.67%

This is my first build for a desktop PC and I wanted to get some feedback before I buy I plan on using this for some heavy gaming and ideally I want to run some pretty graphically-tolling games on high ultra I m not an expert at computers so I thought that I would get some suggestions? build... First expert advice I plan on running this system on a Windows Professional -bit OS First build... suggestions? and have yet to do any research on keyboards and mice I ve got an old sound system that works pretty well and plugs in through an audio jack but I may buy a new one soon Thanks for the time and feedback let me know if you have any suggestions CPU First build... suggestions? Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Microcenter CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Newegg Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H ATX LGA Motherboard Amazon Memory Kingston GB x GB DDR - Memory Amazon Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive NCIX US Video Card Sapphire Radeon HD GB Video Card Newegg Case Thermaltake Element G ATX Mid Tower Case SuperBiiz Power Supply Apevia W ATX V EPS V Power Supply Newegg Optical Drive Samsung SH- BB RSBS DVD CD Writer Amazon Monitor Asus VS H-P quot Monitor Newegg Total Prices include shipping taxes and discounts when available nbsp

A:First build... suggestions?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133217
This is the case that I'm actually going to get, the one I have listed has an incompatibility with the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-suggestions.191479/
Relevancy 23.22%

Our internet goes from:

Comcast modem to a
Dlink DIR-655
To computers or through a switchbox to other parts of the house
In the basement, is another switch box, and off that switchbox is,
Belkin 85c Wireless router, that we use as an access point
Works well but it says it has the ability to have a guest login, that will allow visitors to get to the internet, but are blocked from our LAN.

I've spent hours trying to set the guest login up, the access point can be seen by a computer/etc, but when they connect, they cannot get to the internet.

the windows 7 computers try to set up an unidentified public network.

I'm sure there is something very simple I am missing, but I've got close to 20 hours invested in it, and need to protect my network.

the Windows 7 notebook said that it could not connect with a "homegroup".

A:Belkin 85c wireless router, used as an access point. Guest setup?

Hmm; I cant find "Belkin 85c Wireless router" on the Belkin Support site - -
Are you sure of that make/model number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/belkin-85c-wireless-router-used-as-an-access-point-guest-setup.190913/
Relevancy 29.24%

So just as I thought the problem was fixed, turns out I need a new mobo.
So I figured you guys would know best, I have my eye on the Asus Sabertooth Z77 but not sure.
Budget is about ?200 (£170/$260)

Specs:
Case - HAF 922
CPU - Intel i7-3770K
GPU - XFX Radeon HD7970
RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance
PSU - Corsair HX750
HD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB

One with HDMI support would be nice.

Whaddya think?

A:Motherboard suggestions for $260ish?

The Sabertooth is an excellent motherboard, and looks like it will suit your needs. As for HDMI, your GPU deals with display output, not the motherboard (although the Sabertooth does have one)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-suggestions-for-260ish.190130/
Relevancy 29.24%

my system configuration

suggestion FOR best grapic card and ram??
I have 500gb harddisk.
I use xfx gt 8500gt 500m 512mb ddr2.
but I change this pls help ..

A:Graphics card suggestions

You need more RAM before you do anything at all. A faster CPU would also help a lot.

A new graphics card isn't going to help you much in games - wht do you want to play?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-suggestions.188981/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi and firstly wishing you all the best for Ok I will keep this short as its been asked many times but like time it moves on and different models come to light for being popular for whatever reasons My wife s Laptop has died it is a Toshiba and to be fair its had some hammer so it hasn t done bad for yrs solid work I could mend it but want to get her something new and jazzy p So simple question what s a middle of the road laptop that s a good make at the moment for around max All she does on it is emails work stuff I already have office YouTube general browsing and course work along with Facebook of course lol so £400 Suggestions mid-range for laptop a max? for plenty of HDD space for the pic would be good I have looked in the market for lappy s around this price but all new ones I can find come with W and I really don t want it and would rather stay with W Thanks Suggestions for a mid-range laptop for £400 max? for any advice offered Regards Lee nbsp

A:Suggestions for a mid-range laptop for Ā£400 max?

I believe its free to download from windows 8 to 7?
anyway for that price youd be looking at like an A8-4500M or an i5 as the cpu. The i5 is probably a little better for what basic things this laptop is for You might be looking for something like this.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire...OLE&s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1357232041&sr=1-1

Im not really hip to Intel performance but that seems like it would be just fine to me. Although you might wanna try a different brand, because if you are expecting it to last 8 years like your last one Acers do NOT have the best build quality. Ive had one sitting here for about a year and its still in great condition but I havent really travelled with it. THe lid is sort of flimsy.

Just my 10 cents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-mid-range-laptop-for-%C2%A3400-max.188574/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hey Techspot! I've been wanting to build a gaming desktop, my budget is about 1000$. It would be nice if it could run BF3 on Ultra at about 40-60 FPS, please throw me some ideas for parts that combined would cost about 1000$. Thanks!

A:Suggestions for a gaming PC for about $1,000

Hi Tom Niven, I suggest you have a look here at our TechSpot PC Buying guide http://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/
The entry level rig would cost you around $800, but to get those frame rates(and since you have $200 left) you will have to upgrade the GPU and ram.

And going by the performance guide here http://www.techspot.com/review/603-best-graphics-cards/page4.html, you should pick no lesser than the GTX 650Ti.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-for-a-gaming-pc-for-about-1-000.189309/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello people, got myself a cheap computer, got 2GB memory running W7 (32 Bit) I intend to upgrade its RAM in time, but the graphics are my main issue, I'm using the on-board/ Integrated and as a result my system performance is struggling. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Note: I'm only looking for something to be capable of playing some Browser like games such as World of tanks etc. for now. I'l upgrade the whole unit at later date from general computer to a gaming spec.

A:Upgrading from onboard, suggestions

So you know 32 bit operating system can only take advantage of 4gb ram maximum.

now for light games, I'd say a hd 6670 or gt 640 would be a good choice in my opinion. anything higher and you would have to upgrade your psu as well but you are going to upgrade anyway in the future as You say.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-from-onboard-suggestions.188828/
Relevancy 24.51%

Purchased a Epson WF-3540 printer for home use. Cannot get my computer to detect the printer on wireless network during software setup. Here is what I have:

1. Computer detects printer with usb cable connected and prints perfectly.
2. Printer detects wireless network and has 3 green bars.
3. Printer passed all its internal network connection checks and everything seems OK on the network status printout.

Installed software on my laptop and it too could not detect the printer on wireless network.

So I'm able to set the printer on my wireless network but can't the computer to detect or recognize it. Any suggestions?

A:Wireless setup

Make sure you connect with ONE or the OTHER but never both.
I suspect you would rather have the wireless connection, so go to devices & printers and delete the USB connected device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-setup.187949/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new laptop in the $500-600 range. I mostly use the laptop for media(music/movies) and middle range games Like Dota2/league of Legends/Heroes of Newerth. I'm not very educated on the how to pick out a good laptop as I'm used to only buying desktops. Can you make some suggestions for what I should buy. I would prefer to have a dedicated graphics card rather than an integrated as the majority of my time for this will be for gaming.

A:Buying new laptop (need help/suggestions)

I would suggest an i3 which would normally come with around 3 or 4 gig ram and should have a good enough card in for them sort of games @ your price range

Also depends if you want new or not bothered if 2nd hand as long as good try cex if 2nd hand

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-new-laptop-need-help-suggestions.187420/
Relevancy 28.81%

Anyone suggest some upgrades (if any?) for this old beast, current stats:

LAPTOP: Alienware Area-51® m7700
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 670 Desktop Processor w/ HT Technology 3.8GHz 800MHz FSB 2MB
Memory: 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 SO-DIMM at 533MHz - 2 x 512MB / 2 x 1024MB
Hard Drive: 100GB 7,200 RPM
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX
Monitor: 17" WideXGA+ 1440 x 900 LCD Display
Sound Card: Intel® 7.1 High-Definition Audio
Mouse: USB Logitech® G5 Laser Gaming Mouse
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

A:Upgrade suggestions for Alienware Area-51 m7700

Not much point upgrading, that's quite an old machine. You're better off saving up and building a new system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-suggestions-for-alienware-area-51-m7700.187186/
Relevancy 29.24%

Doing custom build for trial of Linux distros having kernels 2.4.31 to 2.6.29. I will be using AMD processor, and three mobile-rack dedicated hard disk drives (500 to 750GB each). Prefer Nvidia graphics card, if possible (but it must not be 'HDCP-compliant' or 'HDCP-ready'). No Intel or Sony products. Price is not a consideration. Other than these provisos, I'm open to any specific hardware recommendations or general guidance, in choosing components best suited to this build.

A:Hardware suggestions sought

Good luck with that graphics card ... ? :S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hardware-suggestions-sought.186630/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello Everyone,
It's been awhile since I have posted here. I am in need of a new wireless router. I was hoping to pick the brains of the TS forum readers on the subject. Right now I am using some crap provided by comcast. I was wondering if anyone knew of any solid replacements.
Budget: $200

If any other information is needed. Just request it in your response : ]

Thanks in advance.

A:Looking for solid suggestions for new wireless router

I have always used and recommended Netgear routers and switches - - never been disappointed with their equipment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-solid-suggestions-for-new-wireless-router.186441/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello everyone I m upgrading my CPU and motherboard and by extension RAM since it s DDR and I want some input on whether or not I should spend some cash and go with a Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge system or a Phenom II or Bulldozer one Obviously the Phenom II system would work out cheaper and I like cheaper But I m wondering if that need a long suggestions some Upgrading please after time; very by not opting for the latest-and-greatest Intel chip would I be looking at an upgrade sooner rather than later down the road Any and all suggestions and or input are welcomed my location and current system specs are in my signature so please keep those in mind when suggesting anything I d prefer buying locally since most of the popular components are easily available via retail but I wouldn t mind ordering online if the price is right although with shipping rates the way they are I can t imagine that happening anytime soon nbsp

A:Upgrading after a very long time; need some suggestions please

Hi Rage.

Honestly speaking, I find that the choice of CPU, whether AMD or Intel, should not warrant that you look at an upgrade too soon. I have been using the Phenom II X3 720 for three years now and still it performs really well for most purposes.

Now benchmarks do reveal that the Intel (Ivy Bridge / Sandy Bridge) are far superior to their AMD (Bulldozer / Phenom II) counterparts. Consider the i5 3570k (the CPU you incidentally suggested for my new build). It costs around $229 which is 20% more as compared to AMD's flagship FX 8150. Although the AMD has 8 cores it is outperformed by the quad core Intel by around 40% (and above) in most benchmarks. In games, the 3570K stock outperforms an overclocked 8150 by approx. 30%.

The above, however, are just numbers. For most everyday tasks you should be fine with either CPU. If gaming at 1920x1080, your GPU will likely be the most limiting factor as neither CPU will cause any bottlenecks.

My opnion is that you finalise your budget. If you see that the Ivy Bridge can be comfortably accomodated go for it. Else I'm sure that the AMD will not disappoint.

One thing of note is that the Phenom IIs have generally benched better than the Bulldozers. That makes me sad as expectations from AMD were much higher.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-after-a-very-long-time-need-some-suggestions-please.184521/
Relevancy 29.24%

So I ve spent the whole weekend reading reviews and trying to basically get the best bang for my buck Below is the current set up I hope to be ordering in the next few weeks Any suggestions on changes to hardware or even if this whole rig is compatible would be much appreciated I m a little out final suggestions? rig, on any My build of touch with what pairs with what exactly but I m hoping this will be correct GPU Gigabyte GeForce GTX Overclocked GB PSU Corsair TX- V Power Supply RAM G Skill Ripjaws X F - CL My final build on rig, any suggestions? D- GBXL x GB DDR Processor Intel Core i K Processor cooler My final build on rig, any suggestions? CoolerMaster Hyper EVO CPU Cooler do I need this since the i comes with one Storage Samsung Series GB SSD Retail Box Motherboard ASRock Fatal ty Z Performance Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme Motherboard Case BitFenix Shinobi Black Case Total Monitor Asus inch - My main concern is the RAM is P and the Motherboard is Z I take it this is compatible Also would like to cut out the Cooler but if its drastically quieter then I don t mind the dollars extra Also the motherboard could be the ASRock Z Extreme Motherboard Think its worth the extra dollars for this one over the Fatl ty one w should be enough for all this I will be using this for all the latest games Any feedback welcome nbsp

A:My final build on rig, any suggestions?

nukedukem said:

My main concern is the RAM is P67 and the Motherboard is Z77. I take it this is compatible. Also would like to cut out the Cooler but if its drastically quieter then I don't mind the 30 dollars extra.Click to expand...

Everything looks good to me. About the P67 labeling, you shouldn't concern yourself to much. The P67 label on RAM is more of a marketing scheme than anything. If you are highly worried about the quality of your RAM pick, you should purchase from the motherboard's quality Vendor list for RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-final-build-on-rig-any-suggestions.185360/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hello everybody I m posting on Techspot after a very long hiatus Feels good to be back here Now to the topic Initially the idea was to invest in suggestions gaming rig $1,500 a gaming laptop specifically the M x as I had a lot of travel lined up However that s on hold and I m considering on diverting the funds to build a new desktop from scratch Current rig CPU - AMD Phenom II X Motherboard - ASUS M A T-E RAM - GB DDR MHz GPU - Powercolor ATI Radeon HD HDD - TB Seagate MB Cache RPM GB Seagate Case - Cooler Master CM Keyboard - Microsoft Sidewinder X Mouse - Logitech $1,500 gaming rig suggestions MX Monitor - Samsung B quot x Currently I $1,500 gaming rig suggestions intend to reuse only monitor mouse keyboard and the TB HDD from my existing machine The cost of the OS need not be factored in I do have a copy of Windows The major purpose will be gaming My budget is around US INR give or take a few Looking forward to all your suggestions nbsp

A:$1,500 gaming rig suggestions

I'm thinking along these lines.
Motherboard with a Z77 Chipset and a i5 or i7 Ivy Bridge CPU.
Add about 8GB of DDR3-1600 memory and a SSD drive for booting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1-500-gaming-rig-suggestions.184469/
Relevancy 29.67%

So my Corsair GT 120 GB SSD finally arrived today. Intend to plug it into my new rig and do a clean install of WIndows 7.

However, I'm confused as to what to do after. There seems to be a great deal of contradicting information regarding posy-installation tweaks. Should I:

1. Turn off Hibernation File?
2. Short stroke the SSD Drive by 25%?
3. Turn off paging file?
4. Turn off system protection?
5. Turn off drive indexing?

Keep in mind that I will be plugging in my current 1TB HDD for storage purposes after I install the SSD.

Thanks in advance.

A:Suggestions on SSD tweaks

Ritwik7 said:

So my Corsair GT 120 GB SSD finally arrived today. Intend to plug it into my new rig and do a clean install of WIndows 7.
However, I'm confused as to what to do after. There seems to be a great deal of contradicting information regarding posy-installation tweaks. Should I:
1. Turn off Hibernation File?Click to expand...

Yes. An SSD loads fast enough that you don't really need to waste the space keeping the hibernation file

Ritwik7 said:

2. Short stroke the SSD Drive by 25%?Click to expand...

No. Current generation SSD's have wear levelling built in. I doubt you'd gain any additional capacity via over-provisioning

Ritwik7 said:

3. Turn off paging file?Click to expand...

Yes and No. 8GB RAM should be enough to allow you to turn off the page file and grab back some SSD capacity, but if you use RAM intensive programs (video editing, Photoshop etc.) that max out RAM usage then the answer is no. Run the most RAM intensive programs you have- if you don't come close to maxing the RAM then you can turn off the page file.

Ritwik7 said:

4. Turn off system protection?Click to expand...

Yes. System Restore tends to interfere with TRIM operations

Ritwik7 said:

5. Turn off drive indexing?Click to expand...

Yes. Drive indexing is primarily for mechanical harddrives where lowering seek/access time is quite advantageous. SSD's are near as quick as it gets, so drive indexing for them is useless.

You might also want to
-disable Prefetch and Superfetch,
-enable high performance power option
-disable the Recycle Bin

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-on-ssd-tweaks.184941/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey Guys,

I recently got a new laptop with two drives, my 120GB SSD which I boot from, and a 750GB HDD.
Right now I am trying to figure out how to keep crap that I don't want off my SSD as I would like to actually be able to install a few programs on it. I have tried going into the registry and changing "ProgramFilesDir", "ProgramFilesDir (x86)", ProgramW6432Dir", "CommonFilesDir", "CommonFilesDir (x86)", and "CommonW6432Dir" to my HDD with limited success - I cant remember if I rebooted before I tested it out, but I believe I did.

At anyrate, if you have and tips/suggestions for managing my files with multiple drives I would love to hear them!

Thanks,

Matt

A:Multi-drive setup

The single best thing you can do is map the "home" folders over to the mechanical disk. A SSD with 120GB is more than enough for the OS and pretty much all applications, as I currently use a 64GB SSD to do the same thing.

What you want to do is click start, then go to your "home" folder, and you'll see this:

All of your folders can be mapped to another disk, stopping files from building up on your SSD. To change the location of the folder, select a folder, then click the right mouse button, and choose properties.

Click the location tab, and then click move, and select the new location (create the folder on your mechanical disk with the same name e.g. my example is "Desktop," and I have it located on my 2TB mechanical disk.

Here is the folder I've created on my larger disk:

Select the folder, and press "select folder", then click apply, and "yes" when asked if you'd like to move the files in the existing folder to the new location. Repeat for all of your "home" folders.

In future all files will build up in the "home" folders on your mechanical disk, not your SSD.

I have several Adobe CS6 titles, as well as Office 2013, and around 50 other applications all installed on my SSD along with Windows 7 Pro, and I've still got 14.4GB free, so you should have considerably more free space on yours.

Installing applications on the SSD means they can use the increased performance it offers. However, there is little point installing games on the SSD, as the difference it makes is minimal, as the only time it "feels" faster is when loading maps or between turns. Games also use considerably more space than most applications do, so its not a very cost-effective way of utilising the SSD's limited storage.

You can install applications to another disk by changing the install location during setup. I'd advise you either create a separate partition for them if you intend to do so, but also keep to the same format (e.g. create a Program Files and Program Files X86 folders, and install them as required inside there.

As you'll see from the "my computer" image above, I have my games on a separate partition, and data on another (both make up a 1TB disk) which I use as a second location should I need to install storage heavy applications.

It is not recommended to make registry changes or to manually drag and drop "Program File" folders onto the mechanical disk as it can cause all manner of problems. If you want to move them, I recommend you first uninstall the application, then re-install it in the new location.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multi-drive-setup.184798/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey everyone I just joined the forums but have been reading the site for a while now I am planning to do some upgrading to my current PC Here s some details I mostly game maybe a few hours a week New build/upgrades suggestions or just browse the internet I also burn DVDs stream HD movies to my XBox or convert one media format to another so I can stream it I might start gaming a little more so that is the main reason for wanting to upgrade My current PC is this Intel Core Duo E OCd to ghz gb gSkill RAM HIS HD watt PSU Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P mobo - no USB and no PCI Antec case WD Velociraptor gb - windows games programs WD Caviar Black tb - storage and media First off my PC works fine and is usually ok for everything I do I can t crank up the graphics in anything like I used to be able to and burning a HD movie to a DVD takes about an hour My problem is everything is so old I can t upgrade just one New build/upgrades suggestions part and I am on a super tight budget My thoughts were to upgrade to a Ti or ghz Edition Some sites say one is better and other sites say the other the is up to cheaper though My mobo doesn t support PCI so I am unclear if that means a new graphics card wouldn t work at all or just work slower If I have to build a whole new PC I m leaning towards an ASRock Extreme or i k or i k gSkill sniper RAM and the above graphics card New build/upgrades suggestions Any input would be appreciated I have looked at the PC builds and most of my selections are the same things I m wondering if it s worth the extra to step it up one notch in certain areas nbsp

A:New build/upgrades suggestions

As an upgrade, you still have a few options using the core components.
Firstly, a PCI-E3.0 motherboard isn't necessary- you're only going to notice a difference between 2.0 and 3.0 using a heavily bandwidth constrained card -likely a dual GPU (GTX 690, HD 6990, HD 7990). What might be of more interest is SATA 6GB or USB 3.0 depending on what kind of upgraded storage options you're looking at, if any.
For a budget upgrade I'd maybe recommend swapping out the C2D for a C2Quad (QX9450/Q9500/Q9505/Q9550/Q or QX9650), adding the HD 7870 -a solid choice, and maybe an SSD if you use any productivity apps. The quad (esp. a 12MB cache version) will still give you a reasonable performance lift -more so if you can OC to the 3.6-3.8GHz range.

If you're looking at transitioning to Ivy Bridge, then work out a budget all the core components (CPU, board and RAM), graphics card. You can reuse the CPU cooler, storage, chassis, PSU and peripherals, so they become only a secondary consideration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-upgrades-suggestions.184906/
Relevancy 24.51%

im trying to put together a pc from parts I already own, how ever I have problems with understanding compatbility with hardware. perhaps if someone has the time they might be able to help me?

I have an antec nsk4400 case what type of mother board can I use with this
also I have a pair of 1gig (2gigs total) ram that is PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs I would like to add another pair of 2gig PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs for a total of 6gigs so im assuming the mother board has to have 4 slots for ram and also support PC3200 400MHz DDR Desktop DIMMs
I was hoping to find a compatible setup using these components and also would like to add a processor with built in graphics how hard is this to accomplish? if it helps my main goal is to have a decent gaming pc that can run gw2 and league of legends with ease.

A:Barebone setup

also these are the system requirements for both games thanks for anyone who takes the time to help me out

LOL
Minimum System Requirements:
?2 GHz processor
?1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
?2 GB available hard disk space
?Shader version 2.0 capable video card
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
?Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7. (Note: Mac OS and Linux are not currently supported.)
Recommended System Requirements
?3 GHz processor
?2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users should use 4 GB of RAM or more.)
?6 GB available hard disk space
?GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
?Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
?Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (As stated above: Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported.)
?The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

GW2
Minimum System Requirements Announced
- Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better
- Intel® Core? 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon? 64 X2 or better
- NVIDIA GeForce 7800, ATI Radeon X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (257MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better)
- 25 GB available HDD space
- Broadband Internet connection
- Keyboard and mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/barebone-setup.184510/
Relevancy 28.81%

I over-clocked a old celeron D 2.6GHz. after I over-clocked it the computer runs but wouldn't boot. tried clearing CMOS, disconnected the power from wall, PSU... nothing ever replaced RAM and CPU.

A:Overclocking Celeron D processor became dud, suggestions to the problem?

Just to make sure...killing the power to it for a few seconds won't clear the CMOS if there is a battery on the motherboard. If there's not a jumper to clear the CMOS then try unplugging it, taking the battery out for a few minutes then putting it all back together.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-celeron-d-processor-became-dud-suggestions-to-the-problem.183340/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi,

I would like to build a new pc but I haven't the time to do all the research that I did last time in order to put together a well-suited machine...so I thought I'd lean and glean here.

I am mainly building it to run Creative Suite for PS, ID and AI. Mirrored storage a must. I'm not sure who is winning the Intel vs AMD battle so enlighten me. Any and all suggestions welcome!

Also, can you recommend a good set-up for a new laptop for the same purpose as well?

I do not game at all...okay once in a blue moon...but not a necessity!

Thanks,

Timothy

A:Need suggestions for a new PC build (Creative Suite-ready)

Most important thing, what's your budget?
Also is this a new system from scratch or do you have any parts which you are looking to reuse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-suggestions-for-a-new-pc-build-creative-suite-ready.183444/
Relevancy 25.37%

hi all im going to a holiday park in 3 weeks I got a dongle I used last year but connection wasnt good so looking for suggestions to find one under £30 with great connection/service if possible as im not to clued up with these. .. thanks in advance and hope im ij right area

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-please-on-good-cheap-dongle-with-good-connection.182406/
Relevancy 23.65%

hey , i nid help wat shuld i do to increase fps in game(League Of Legends)my highest fps is only 21fps ...
- Operating System : Windows 7 Enterprise 32-bit
- Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
- Memory : 1024MB RAM
-Graphic Card :intel(R) Express Chipset Family
pls reply , ty ..

A:Suggestions to increase my PC's performance (increase fps)

First thing I would suggest is a new system, anything with a P4 in it needs to be upgraded to a new platform.
Second thing I would suggest is a dedicated graphics card, if you are using the machine for gaming.

System Requirements

Minimum System Requirements

2 GHz processor
1 GB RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 2 GB of RAM or more)
2 GB available hard disk space
Shader version 2.0 capable video card
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better
Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported)
Recommended System Requirements

3 GHz processor
2 GB of RAM (Windows Vista and 7 users will want 4 GB of RAM or more)
6 GB available hard disk space
GeForce 8800 or equivalent video card (Dedicated GPU with 512MB+ Video Memory(VRAM))
Support for DirectX v9.0c or better.
Windows XP with the latest service pack installed, Windows Vista with the latest service pack installed, or Windows 7 (Mac OS and Linux are currently not supported)
The latest update to .NET Framework from Microsoft

Why are you using Windows 7 Enterprise?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-to-increase-my-pcs-performance-increase-fps.180115/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is my first build budget first on under $3k Advice suggestions & build from scratch my gaming orientation leans on rpgs mmos action-adventure and rts for the most part and less so for fps and racing games Approximate Purchase Date By this september BudgetRange Under k System Usage from Most to Least Important Extensive gaming and production rendering in autodesk and other D CG art software Parts Not Required Not planning on getting a custom liquid cooling system just yet Preferred Website s for Parts Newegg Canada TigerDirect Canada Canada Computers NCIX Country Canada Parts Preferences Nvidia visuals for the most part not a keyboard or audio enthusiast Overclocking Likely SLI or Crossfire Possibly SLI Monitor Resolution x may go larger I will not be using any reused parts I need a keyboard mouse headset and drawing tablet among peripherals I haven t purchased any parts yet I don t have a spare OS Additional Comments my newegg Advice & suggestions on first build under $3k budget wishlist Really looking for longevity and durability the rig would be placed in the basement which is usually around C during the humid summer it should be closer to C room temp but we almost always AC then the only thing about the basement I am worried about is if airflow wouldn t be good enough for the rig would a heatsink fan suffice for now if I ever choose to SLI would liquid cooling be needed then Quoted from a member named lehpron from the EVGA forums quot But in order to maintain your CPU stabilty your RAM HDD motherboard PSU etc all have to be in sync and stable too So while the CPU could theoretically take the punishment total system stability depends on the other junk in the system quot How Long Before Failure I hope the hhds would suffice they do get great ratings I believe the others are good enough is gb RAM enough or should I go higher what do you think think about this monitor Yamakasi Catleap quot LED x WQHD S-IPS nbsp

A:Advice & suggestions on first build under $3k budget

direct quote from member lehpron from the EVGA forums, sorry its huge but this sums up why I chose the type of mobo, GPU and CPU. but of course still subject to change

"Most modern games are threaded for between 2-4 cores, and it has been a slow progress adoption since quads have been around for six years, duals for eight years. meaning, a 6-core won't make a difference today. New games take 2-3 years to make from the ground up, so in that time, it will make a quad that much more important. Only get the 6-core for your professional work, not for gaming.

3770K is a 22nm quad and half the die area (thus half the actual power and thermals if set at the same frequency) as 32nm i7-3900's 6-cores; mathematically, they should overclock better, but Intel differed from tradition of soddering the CPU die to the IHS (integrated heat spreader) by using a thermal grease with Ivy Bridge which tends to artificially raise temperaturess. This prevents anyone from really being able to push it except for those using cryogenics; so in the end, all Sandy and Ivy processors reach a max of approx 5GHz regardless of number of cores.

So it all comes down to the board really; X79 can support up to 4-way SLI (in quad x8, or a pair of full x16) configs while Z77 is limited to just dual x8's. If you're serious about longitivity in terms of having the room for future graphics cards and not change the board (which definitely need more bandwidth than current), then X79 is the only option. For CPU, either get quad 3820 or 6-core 3930K depending on how often your professional uses need 12-threads or not.

BTW, as for the GTX670's, get the 4GB card. We'll soon see a new standard for mainstream monitors that used to be the reign of medicial professionals, their total single display res equals to a modern multi-display setup. So if you intend on at least one in the next two years and not upgrading graphics for it, then you should plan ahead with a 4GB model and get 3-way SLI by then to compensate.

TBGAPowa

Really looking for longevity and durability I chose a gtx 670 in hopes of being able to run graphic intensive art programs and gaming on high settings for at least two years before upgrade/new build.
This part will require an edit for realism.

In two years, a pair of GTX670 will have the performance equivalency of a future mainstream card (I.e. "GTS850" )and unable to run those games appearing then at high details without having the frame rates dip whatever is high-end at time. So either plan to get into 3-way or 4-way SLI (meaning you need to get a 4-way capable board in the first place, I.e. X79), think about upgrading your graphics card much earlier than two years, or settle for less visuals as times passes especially if you plan a higher resolution monitor someday. Most games are GPU-intensive, so if your resolution doubles the pixels, you cut your frame rates in half.

The only way you can truly have longivity is if your expectation is much lower than what is available for purchase. If you want max detail at smooth rates, then that is only possible today, it isn't possible next year with this year's configuration running next year's games. Just so you know, many folks on enthusiast websites like these upgrade often as a hobby, they choose to keep up with technology in order to maintain their preference level in every new game; I personally see it as a hassle. So you have to decide your upgrade tendencies beforehand and plan ahead, beyond this upcoming build. "

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?high=&m=1650704&mpage=1#1650704

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-suggestions-on-first-build-under-3k-budget.182200/
Relevancy 28.81%
A:GTX 670, Radeon HD 7950 (open to suggestions)

MOBO: Your Motherboard has 1x PCIE 2.0 slot. So you are good for upgrading.
PSU: A quality PSU of about 550W or greater will power a single GTX 670 or HD 7950.

Is your new PSU included in the budget of $500?

Can anyone explain the difference between the same GPU but different manufacturer (Asus card costing more than the MSI one)?Click to expand...

Usually the difference between cards are small. Some will have better cooling or one may be OC'd while the other isn't. Or some may have dual bios capabilities. I remember my old HD 6950's from sapphire had the ability to be unlocked to 6970's. All in all, it really just depends on what you want. The cards are all going to perform generally the same. If it was me, id go for the cheaper one.

Here is a article about the diffirent HD 7950's available. Maybe it will add a little more clarity to what I was explaining.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-review-benchmark,3207-14.html

If I remember correctly, the GTX 670 out performed the 7950 in most cases. But, then again. The 7950 can OC quite a deal to make it perform much like a 7970. See what others have to say, I hope I was able to help a bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-670-radeon-hd-7950-open-to-suggestions.182053/
Relevancy 24.08%

My current video card in my desktop computer is apparently dying I could be wrong but I just haven t been able to figure out what else the problem could be I deleted all drivers and started future buy video card for to and current What setup both over The drivers I had previously were the most current apparently but I reinstalled from a new download I also deleted all Flash and started over and same with Java My display crashes constantly in Firefox and almost always when I try to play a video online Sometimes even when I click on something anything in Firefox bam The screen goes black and the computer is still running IE is not even usable anymore So What video card to buy for both current and future setup I reboot and start over with every crash This has been going on for a couple months I am going to be upgrading almost everything soon I like my old roomy Chieftek Dragon case with lots of fans so I may be able to keep that Below is what I currently have I realize that a video card that will be great for my coming system will not function to its fullest on my current system but if it s just an improvement for now that s fine I don t want to have to buy one now and one later Current system Motherboard - Gigabyte P Titan GA- S FX-L Graphic interface - AGP X X b Current video card - VisionTek ATI Radeon HD put in Memory - GB maxed out Crucial CPU - P CPU Speed - Ghz Power Supply Make Model - Antec Neo HE Watt output Amperage - w ATX V OS - XP Pro up to date Future Intel Core i Ghz already have this and GB RAM What video cards do you recommend for my situation I use this desktop computer mostly as the hub in the home network for graphics photography running Adobe graphics software web design writing and communications home office and general use My laptop is my music recording computer Thanks so much I hope to solve this very quickly nbsp

A:What video card to buy for both current and future setup

Current and Future!

There is no such card.

You currently have an AGP interface and I'm willing to bet your future motherboard will be PCIe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-video-card-to-buy-for-both-current-and-future-setup.179893/
Relevancy 29.67%

Specifications

Processor: Intel Celeron Dual core 2.10 GHZ
Video Card: Sis mirage graphics 3
Operating System: Windows 7
Service Pack: service pack 1
Sound Card: Realtek
Direct X: Direct X 11
HDD: 250GB
RAM: 2GB

And i downloaded HON and LOL and it was so lag so what do i need to upgrade here? please HELP

A:I would like upgrade suggestions

Gosh, you might want to try keeping your questions to one thread, and being succinct and clear about what your question is. I've just come across three threads with varying levels of clarity on what your actual question is. Are you looking to upgrade these current components? Have you already upgraded something and it isn't working as expected?

The specs you have listed will struggle with many modern games. You are looking at more than just a video card upgrade, I would imagine, but again, I'm not sure what you are asking exactly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-upgrade-suggestions.178938/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 27.95%

I'm buying a Intel I7-2600k for my main rig. I was wonder what would be a good board to house it and my 2 6950's 2gb. I do plan on overclocking .. So any board that will allow me to do so easier will be appreciated.

Would like to go no higher then 300$

Thanks in Advance.

A:Good mid-range to high-end Intel LGA 1155 motherboard suggestions

The best board I've used thus far -a combination of stability, feature set, ease of use and overclock ability would be the Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen 3. It features a PLX bridge chip which allows use of virtually all features concurrently ( the third PCIe x16 @ x4 isn't downgraded to x1 for instance if you use most/all of the SATA 6Gb/USB3.0 ports).
If you don't need a full-size board then the ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/GEN3 at around $180 might make some appeal. Both these boards have no facility for video-out (no onboard HDMI, DP, DVI, D-Sub) - not a great concern for most people looking at Z68 boards.

Word of warning: Z77 boards are reportedly due for release on 8th April. While they will offer very little (if anything) over Z68 boards, it will mean that Z68 board prices will take a nosedive. My advice if you need a board right now and want to save some cash, would be to pick up a functional and well regarded cheap board such as the P8Z68-V/G3 (which still a very nice board) and maybe look to replace it with one of the top-end boards which will surely drop in price. It does mean that you would have the hassle of finding a buyer for a board, but on the plus side you may find yourself happy with the P8Z68-V.

You'll notice that all the selections are Asus based products. Asus -at least for Z68, seems to be putting out the best boards overall. Some other vendors are having QC problems. Gigabyte, which are normally my first choice in mobo making, have some infuriating reboot loop issues with some boards that still remains even with the latest BIOS updates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-mid-range-to-high-end-intel-lga-1155-motherboard-suggestions.178058/
Relevancy 24.51%

guys my board only supports xfire and I'm currently sporting a gtx 460 I want to go with a xfire setup and have been offered a hf 4890 or I could sell the card and spend £40 more on a hd5770 any ideas as the performance seams pretty similar on both cards

A:I want to go with a Crossfire setup

How important is DX11 to you?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-go-with-a-crossfire-setup.177806/
Relevancy 28.81%

Having watched some youtube videos of Battlefield and DiRT on 3 screens, I think I am sold on the idea of triple monitor gaming.

I'm looking to get IPS monitors with low input lag, low response times and relatively thin bezel. I'm also looking to get more into photo editing hence the IPS route. The Dell U2312HM seems to satisfy those criteria, does anyone have experience with this monitor?

Price isn't really the biggest concern, just want a great setup to last a long time. I have no interest in 3D gaming (tried some PS3 games on my 3D TV, not impressed) so don't have use for a 120Hz monitor. Also it's not like I could afford a rig which would run BF3 at 5760x1080 and 120fps anyway...

A:Triple monitor gaming suggestions?

first of all it would help if you gave us your complete system specs.
gaming on 3 monitors will need a pretty powerful graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/triple-monitor-gaming-suggestions.177543/
Relevancy 29.67%

not too tech savvy here and looking to get a new updated router. have dsl that connects with modem to pc, wifi printer (that are in one room) and son's laptop and his gaming systems (uses his xbox 360 primarily) in another room...rooms are basically next to one another...was looking at the netgear n900 and the linksys e4200 v2...anyone have an opinion on either and which one better than the other?

A:Suggestions on a router...

I am partial to netgear & dlink; Others prefer Linksys - - it really doesn't matter too much
unless you get into custom settings and management.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-on-a-router.177668/
Relevancy 29.24%

I ve posted PC with working suggestions, $800 upgrade here a couple times about my rig and potential upgrades I recently PC upgrade suggestions, working with $800 came into about of spare cash in which Id like to put into my gaming PC I m looking for any suggestions to improve my gaming performance My specs are listed below Monitor Acer AT Black quot ms HDMI LCD Monitor Keyboard Logitech G Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard Mouse RAZER Naga Molten Wired Laser dpi Special Edition Gaming Mouse Optical Drive Lite-On X iHAS - DVD MOBO MSI G-E AM AMD G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard Case HAF Full Tower PSU CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX M W ATX V RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR CPU AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM CPU Cooler Coolermaster V GPU SAPPHIRE - GSR Radeon HD GB -bit Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB Ive been playing most games on max or very high detail settings I wish to increase them for games such as SWTOR RIFT and BF because my FPS currently isn t ideal Any suggestions will be considered I really was thinking of getting into a crossfire setup But I will see what you all think would be a good idea Thanks in Advance nbsp

A:PC upgrade suggestions, working with $800

Maybe it doesn't improve FPS very much but you should grab an SSD drive for OS, programs and games. I think it's recommended for highest of high settings for BF3 to have 2GB of memory on the graphics card, not sure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-upgrade-suggestions-working-with-800.177423/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hey guys. I recently installed my first liquid cooling system. It is currently cooling just the CPU, but I am upgrading so I can liquid cool my two GTX 460s as well. My question is, how? Do I split the incoming water three ways and send one tube to each component (CPU, 460, 460). Or do I go through the CPU, out to the first 460, out to the second 460, to the pump/reservoir, back to the CPU. I ask because I figured the water would be hot coming out of the CPU and it wouldn't make sense to go directly to other parts that need to be cooled. On the other hand, splitting the water 3 ways seems like it would weaken the flow enough that all three parts wouldn't be cooled ver well. So neither system seems quite right. Am I missing something?

A:Help with new water-cooling setup

Don't split the flow three ways, keep it going from one waterblock to the next. If you're concerned about it getting too hot on the CPU, then flowing to the video cards, I'd suggest throwing a second radiator inbetween, usually just a single 120mm, then a 240mm or bigger as the flow leaves the video cards. Another option is to create a second loop, with it's own individual reservoir, pump, and radiator, but that adds more expense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-new-water-cooling-setup.175704/
Relevancy 24.51%

Guys Having an issue with setting up a new router on my PC I simply cannot get onto directly from my PC to configure the router I m running XP Pro and router setup with Problem I currently use the Huawei E dongle for internet access I purchased the Sapido GR- router which will allow me to put the dongle in the USB port amp set it as the WAN access I still have the dongle plugged directly into the PC for Internet access at the moment I initially had issues with setting up an IP address getting the xxx xxx issue but have managed to sort that now via PortForward Static IP amongst other things My problem is when logging onto to set up the router it times out most of the time I can ping which is the built in Intel Pro NIC but when I ping sometimes it times out other times it has no problems and other times it will lose packet However it NEVER gets me to the config area the furthest I ve gotten is to the username password screen When running ipconfig all it currently shows up the following Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Problem with router setup Description Intel Pro NIC Physical Address gives MAC Address DHCP Enabled No IP Address Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Server I currently have the TCP IP Properties manually configured as when I had the Obtain IP address automatically clicked it would give me the etc address which I believe is a DHCP issue but am not sure at the moment However as it is also a wireless router I can connect to the router config screen via my iPhone and have set the router to DHCP server but this hasn t helped at all Finally the ethernet cable is brand new and when I plug it in out the Network Connection recognises it so I don t think the cable is the issue and have tried different e net ports in case that was an issue I ve reset the router powered on off disabled firewall etc all to no avail At this stage I m completely flummexed I don t have another PC to try it on in case that is suggested Appreciate amp and all help Will P S I should add that both my G and NIC card IP are both Static IP s nbsp

A:Problem with router setup

Have you tried obtaining IP automatically with your iphone? Does the phone get 192.168.1.x address? If it does, you may have a problem with your NIC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-router-setup.174993/
Relevancy 29.24%

Here are my parts:
? Antec Lanboy air Red Black / Red Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case ?
? COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Gold Series RSA00-80GAD3-US 1000W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.92 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS ... ?
? EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1461-KR GeForce GTX 560 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video ...
? ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard ? ???
? HITACHI HDS721050CLA362 (0F10381) 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive ?
? Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 ... ?
? CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R
-Tell me if you see any problems from compatibility or you just think i should use a cheaper and/or better part.
Thank You

A:Any suggestions/help on my new build would be appreciated

You can surely step down your power supply. I like the Antec High Current Gamer Series HCG-620 620W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
Why exactly do you choose the i7-2600? AFAIK the i7-2600k is just about the same price. Not only that but if this is a gaming system, a 2500k would be fine.
I like other graphics cards, but that's not to say the one you picked is bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-suggestions-help-on-my-new-build-would-be-appreciated.175298/
Relevancy 23.22%

I just started getting this error today. I thought it was due to some malware I had gotten but the malware forum tech support said everything looks fine. I get this message right as my VPN is about to authenticate. Can anyone help? This is driving me up the wall!

A:Cisco VPN AnyConnect issue: The VPN client was unable to setup IP filtering

What PC hardware are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cisco-vpn-anyconnect-issue-the-vpn-client-was-unable-to-setup-ip-filtering.174986/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi Guys I am going to do a build over the winter months and have decided on an Antec got one for after mail in rebate I am not an extreme gamer but I do play on the and would like to play certain titles that were meant to be played on a PC mainly Skyrim and Diablo when it comes out I also dabble in suggestions build Antec 300 a need on I new music production as a hobby so I also might do I need suggestions on a new Antec 300 build a dual OS install so I can use XP with my music production software way more stable Other than that it will be used for typical uses and software i e MS Office Multitaksing maintaining a website I need dual dvi monitor support etc I am pretty mindset on the Intel I need suggestions on a new Antec 300 build i or k and am leaning towards the ASRock Z Extreme Gen LGA ATX board I d like to complete the build for around - price is without monitor and other peripherals if possible I told myself I will never buy a box store computer ever again What are your opinions on what I should do buy next I am in no hurry to complete this build and I know some hardware might be had on the cheap around the holidays I want to do this right the first time -Buckshot edit If there end up being budget restraints I will add the GPU at a later time and use the K onboard graphics as a temp nbsp

A:I need suggestions on a new Antec 300 build

Buckshot420 said:

Hi Guys! I am going to do a build over the winter months and have decided on an Antec 300 (got one for $34.99 after mail in rebate). I am not an extreme gamer but I do play on the 360 and would like to play certain titles that were meant to be played on a PC (mainly Skyrim and Diablo 3 when it comes out). I also dabble in music production as a hobby so I also might do a dual OS install so I can use XP with my music production software (way more stable). Other than that it will be used for typical uses and software i.e.: MS Office, Multitaksing, maintaining a website (I need dual dvi monitor support) etc.. I am pretty mindset on the Intel i5 2500 or 2500k and am leaning towards the ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 LGA ATX board. I'd like to complete the build for around $600-800 (price is without monitor and other peripherals) if possible. I told myself I will never buy a box store computer ever again. What are your opinions on what I should do/buy next? I am in no hurry to complete this build and I know some hardware might be had on the cheap around the holidays. I want to do this right the first time!
-Buckshot

edit: If there end up being budget restraints I will add the GPU at a later time and use the 2500K onboard graphics as a temp.Click to expand...

How about those:

CPU

HDD

Memory

Motherboard

Power Supply

DVD Drive

Video Card

All that $827.94. Didn't count your Antec 300 and rebates though! Of course, this list is for reference only and you should try to tweak it to match your budget. This is just to give you an idea of what you should be aiming for. There are a ton of review here at TS, read 'em and purchase the best.

If you ain't in a hurry to build, I'd wait until next year because prices will really fall and I believe intel will be introducing some better CPUs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-suggestions-on-a-new-antec-300-build.174709/
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all! I have had a logitech illuminated keyboard for about 2 years now (absolutely loving it) but unfortunately it is old, and falling apart, so now I am looking for a replacement. I've been looking around logitech, and the g110 seems interesting. Any suggestions?

Btw: my budget is around 150 dollars

A:Getting a new keyboard. Suggestions please. :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114014.
If you want something more professional looking (AKA boring ) then:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126194

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-a-new-keyboard-suggestions-please-d.174195/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi, i would like your help/suggestions on what i can do, to make my computer more up to date. I do not have much Knowledge in this area and would like someone with more Knowledge than i have, to come with some suggestions.

Games i play:
Battlefield 3
Skyrim
and mostly new games.

Spec:
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-790xta-UD4
Graphic interface - 2x Radeon HD 5770
Memory - 4 gb DDR3 (1333 MHz i think)
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945
CPU Speed - 3013,4 MHz
Power Supply Make/Model - Corsair TX850W
Watt output/Amperage - +12V 70A 850W

I'm not so satisfied with my 2x Radeon HD 5770 so I'm thinking about changing them to a 6870 or 6950. also considering getting 8 gb in total.
My budget is about 350$.

I'm looking forward to hear your suggestions.

A:Suggestions on what to upgrade in my computer

$350 isn't really enough for both dual cards and more memory, i would spend $450 and get atleast dual 6870's and ram and also put in a new X6 proccessor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-on-what-to-upgrade-in-my-computer.173801/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all

Wonder if anyone can give some advice.
Right .... I was given 2 CPUs (LGA 775 Duo 2 Core E4600)
but do not have a motherboard for it ...

I was thinking, what kind of good motherboard should I buy
that also supports DDR3 (1333) 8GB or max... which also might be use
to play games on it (when graphic card ought of course)

Any ideas ?!

A:LGA 775 Duo 2 Core E4600 / suggestions!

What is your budget and what resolution will you be gaming at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lga-775-duo-2-core-e4600-suggestions.172861/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello Techspot I m looking to get some feedback concerning my gaming rig Ive recently built this machine maybe months ago I was thinking of adding some upgrades to enhance its gaming capabilities Right now im working with this Computer Specs Monitor Acer AT Black quot ms Gaming suggestions for looking build upgrade HDMI LCD Monitor Keyboard Logitech G Black USB Wired LED Backlighting Gaming Keyboard Mouse RAZER Naga Molten Wired Laser dpi Special Gaming build looking for upgrade suggestions Edition Gaming Mouse Optical Drive Lite-On X iHAS - DVD MOBO ASUS M A XTD EVO AM AMD X ATX Case Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX mid Tower PSU CORSAIR Builder Series CX V W ATX V RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR CPU AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz CPU Cooler Coolermaster V GPU SAPPHIRE - GSR Radeon HD GB -bit Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB I was thinking of adding another HD and grabbing a new PSU and case For the case i was thinking the Cooler Master HAF X and PSU CORSAIR Professional Series HX But then i look at my CPU and was thinking that could be holding me back aswell So now I m coming here for some more opinions All suggestions are appreciated and Thank You in advance nbsp

A:Gaming build looking for upgrade suggestions

I think you are on the right track for increasing gaming performance Blk, The 6950 scales beautifully. In most cases 80- 100%. The 600w PSU is going to be pushing it, a 750w is more in order and the HX series you listed is excellent. Your x 4 965 is not going to be a limiting factor at all. good luck with the upgrade

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-build-looking-for-upgrade-suggestions.172679/
Relevancy 24.51%

It comes a time when you get bored by the usual computer set up (Primary HDD for OS and Backup HDD for all your media).......

Currently I have some unused hard drives lying around so I decided to have some fun.......unfortunately, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SETTING UP RAID CONFIGURATIONS......so please start from the basics

1. What hardware do I need?
2. How do I set it up?
3. How do I test?
4. .....Just random but is it worth it? Pros and Cons

Feel free to recommend hardware, I might do some shopping!
Thnx in advance.

A:What do you need to setup a RAID configuration?

1. You need a motherboard with RAID capability or add-on RAID controller
2. I suggest you Google for types of RAID Arrays, and Data redundancy
3. The RAID controller will do this for you. You will have to reload the operating system if you change or add a RAID array drive if you don't use an array with data redundancy.

I have a stripped RAID array with no data redundancy. This is for maximum data access speed. It is made up of 3 500GB drives, giving me 1.36TB single drive. You think it would be 1.5TB, but because of "overhead" the total usable space is 1.36TB. I have a 4th 500GB drive for back up that's not part of the RAID array

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-you-need-to-setup-a-raid-configuration.172268/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello,

Suggestions on a Good Router, just looking for any general advice from experience!

Will have following devices on the relevant network.

1 Windows 2008 SRV
1 Web Server PC for Demo Sites
1 FTP Server PC
11 Desktops PC'S Wired (running XP Pro SP3 or Win7 Pro) using internet for an array of different reasons
1 Wireless Laptop
Several wireless Smart Phones.

Things I would like the router to have:

Gigabyte connection ports
MAC address filtering for wireless
NAT\Firewall settings to only allow certain static Public IP'S

If you need any more info then please ask...

Thanks, David

A:Suggestions on a good router for following enviroment

I would suggest getting a wireless-n router such as a Cisco/Linksys for less thab <$100 and a gigabit switch.. Most router/switch combinations do not have that many ports.

Router: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124414
16 port Switch: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833129035
24 port Switch: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833129021

On this router (much like any linksys) you can open up certain ports and direct them to certain static ip's
So you can for example direct all traffic on port 80 (http) to 192.168.1.X (or whatever)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggestions-on-a-good-router-for-following-enviroment.172055/
Relevancy 29.24%

Code:

Component Model Price ($)
CPU Intel Core? i5-2500K: $195
CPU Cooler Corsair A70 CPU Cooler $38
Motherboard ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z: $165
RAM 2 x 4GB G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage $50
Graphics 2 x 1GB MSI Hawk GTX 460 $260
Hard Drive SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TB $55
Case Cooler Master Storm Sniper Black $60
Power Seasonic X750 Gold $130
Optical ASUS 24X DVD Burner $18
OS Windows 7 Ultimate $15
Total Price $986

I fully intend to OC the CPU/GPU. For this build, I intend to upgrade in about 12-18 months and reuse at least the power supply and case. These is also $80 worth of rebates to be redeemed on this build. So, if I get those, I can spend it on a SSD. Windows 7 Ultimate is student price.

A:Comments/suggestions on my build

Would opt for maybe a single HD 6950 now and add a second in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comments-suggestions-on-my-build.172057/
Relevancy 29.67%

So I have a EVGA GTX SC EE GB Wondering should I just buy a nd GTX and SLI since I already have one Since the nd card would cost only or so or should I just invest into a better single card Also I know that PCI Express is coming and the Next Gen Nvidia cards in the near GTX ?) 460 a suggestions... (SLI Have or upgrade 1GB... future So I don t really want to shell out for the GTX and have it become quot obsolete quot like my GTX did My thought is get another Have a GTX 460 1GB... upgrade suggestions... (SLI or ?) GTX To make SLI and hold out for the next gen Nvidia Cards But with battlefield coming in a couple of weeks I am scared I won t be able to run High Ultra settings without the nd card I know that total ultra requires uber hardware but I can make quot hybrid quot settings So what do you think Is the SLI going to provide enough boost or should I just invest in the GTX knowing that it s replacement is looming nbsp

A:Have a GTX 460 1GB... upgrade suggestions... (SLI or ?)

either way you would have around the same performance but the gtx 580 will still be viable as a gaming card for a while it can max any game at 1920x1080 which i presume you are playing at. IMO just save your money and buy a new card when they come out. I am playing BF3 with a gtx 470 OC beyond 480 speeds and my brother plays with a gtx 280 and has not had any problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-a-gtx-460-1gb-upgrade-suggestions-sli-or.171879/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a server, a monitor, a laptop, cables and connectors and a copy of microsoft server 2008. can someone help me or guide me where to look to learn how to connect all of this together and set up the old laptop for a new user?

thank you,
tnb1415

A:Networking setup

Windows Server 2008 Step-by-Step Guides For Microsoft
Windows Server 2008 Tutorial from infotechGuyz.com
networking Articles & Tutorials for Windows Server 2008 from windowsnetworking.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/networking-setup.171835/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello there,

my friend wants a new PSU for his system. His specs are the same as mine (we both had the same PC built), but his system has a 9800GT 512MB. He will be considering to buy a GTX 560 Ti in the near future.

Which PSU will be better for this setup? Is the AX 650 worth the extra cash?

Thanks in advance

A:HX650 or AX650 -- which is better for this setup?

The HX series is built by Channel Well which I am not a big fan of. Channel Well built the infamous Antec Smart Power 2.0 series a few years ago, the failure rate was so high that Antec subsequently stopped using Channel Well as an OEM, although Channel Well has improved in quality and they no longer use highly failure prone caps they are still not on my list of preferred OEMs. The AX series is built by Seasonic which is one of the best OEMs of power supplies making it the better of the two. If you don't need the gold efficiency rating of the AX want a cheaper unit I would go with the Seasonic built Corsair TX series, The Delta Built Antec EA-750, High Current Gamer/ High Current Pro series (HCP-750 is gold certified and cheaper than the AX650), or the Seasonic X-series. Seasonic and Delta are among the best OEMs of power supplies around so any unit built by either one is a good bet.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hx650-or-ax650-which-is-better-for-this-setup.171542/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey guys thanks in advance for you all your help Long and the short of it is I bought a new not state of the art gaming rig about months ago and have been very happy with it However with SW ToR and Elder Scrolls Skyrim right around the corner I feel it might be helpful to beef it up a little and am looking for suggestions as to how best to do this for my system need suggestions and ideas Upgrading the best price I can provide my system information either threw a speccy snapshot If needed CPU Arch CPU Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas - Cores - Threads CPU PSN Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas AMD Phenom II X T Processor CPU EXT MMX DNow SSE A x - AMD-V CPUID F A Extended A CPU Cache L x x KB - L x KB CPU Cache L KB Core Thuban nm Stepping PH-E Freq MHz MB Brand Asus MB Model CG NB AMD G rev SB AMD SB rev GPU Type AMD G GPU Type ASUS EAH Series DirectX Version RAM MB DDR Dual Channel RAM Speed MHz - - - Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology Slot MB Slot Manufacturer ASint Technology cpuz CPU-Z Forum Banner BB Code below cpuz nbsp

A:Upgrading my system need suggestions and ideas

The only thing I see that you would want to do is upgrading your video card. What is your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-system-need-suggestions-and-ideas.170912/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 28.81%

This is my first build i have looked into it I m can First or parts build, check suggestions? and double someone pretty sure i matched parts to each other fairly well i just want to be sure I don t really have an established budget somewhere in the to ish range I already have a monitor usb mouse and keyboard The one thing i have not selected is a psu i don t trust myself to calculate watts and iv heard on top of calculating you must double it if you want the capacitors to last and not age as First build, can someone double check parts and or suggestions? much As far as storage goes i m probably going to get the fastest rpm tb hdd i can find and soon but not at first get a First build, can someone double check parts and or suggestions? cd-dvd rw combo drive and bluray-r or rw drive anyways Mobo http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Processor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Graphics card http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E cause it has the mail in rebate and crossfire Memory http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt First build, can someone double check parts and or suggestions? gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt gt lt I will be running Windows bit on it it will be used mostly for gaming and editing videos with Sony Vegas and adobe after effects I m also only starting with gb of mem will probably upgrade later when bored or more money comes in I m just not really sure on the psu and how to add all the parts in and make sure its not going to age on me more than likely i will be upgrading this as newer and better come out until eventually i just need a new mobo and processor nbsp

A:First build, can someone double check parts and or suggestions?

for those parts above a 650w power supply will be ample but i would firstly advice more then one stick of memory so it will be faster, if you buy 2 (or 4 or 8 ect) sticks of memory it will run in dual mode and if you buy 3 (or 6) it will run in tripple channel
Your graphics card isn't crossfire, it only says crossfire ready so when you buy a second one it will work in crossfire.

I would advice looking at intel socket 1155 instead of amd

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-build-can-someone-double-check-parts-and-or-suggestions.170095/