Windows Support Forum

Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode

Q: Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.15%

Hi. I just bought a new Dell XPS 8700. The included GPU has an HDMI connection. So I plugged that in to my monitor and now my monitor won't go to sleep/amber colored light mode on shutdown. I have to manually shut off the monitor. Kind of stumped on what needs to be done to get it to go to sleep automatically on pc shutdown. The OS is Windows 8.1 if that helps. Thanks.

A:Monitor not going to sleep mode/Have manually turn it off

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-not-going-to-sleep-mode-have-manually-turn-it-off.1112668/
Relevancy 88.15%

Is there a way to turn off the monitor when my Windows 8 PC goes into sleep/standby mode? Right now the monitor stays on with a "HDMI input" message bouncing around the screen.

A:Turn off monitor when Windows 8 is in sleep mode

Actually, what that's telling you is that your monitor thinks the input has been shut off, which most monitors would accept as a signal to put the monitor in sleep mode.

This may be a configuration setting in your monitors on screen controls. Or, your monitor may not work correctly with sleep mode with HDMI.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/31481-turn-off-monitor-when-windows-8-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I have a problem with my desktop computer. I turn the desktop on and my monitor button turns orange instead of green and says in sleep mode press any key. I hit any key and nothing happens. I've made sure the cords for the monitor are pulled into the desktop but still have same problem. Now I unplugged the monitor cord from the desktop and it has another message that pops on the screen I forget what it said it was green and red. But when I plug the monitor back into the computer it goes back to blank screen. Does anyone know whats wrong? If so can I fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Turn on computer but monitor says sleep mode

Is this in the wrong area?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475021/turn-on-computer-but-monitor-says-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 86.86%

I recently got a VGA-HDMI Cable, so I could link my TV to my computer, but when I went to plug it in, my computer did not detect it. I then tried to force my computer to detect it, as many of the things I saw online recommended this, but this did not work either.
Please help me!
Thanks
J
Also, if its any help, my graphics card is AMD Radeon HD 6400M Series, and as this is a laptop, I cant really get a new graphics card.

Relevancy 86.86%

First my specs OS Windows Vista ghz Intel Celeron gigs of RAM gb HDD GFXCard trying to install Geforce FX Alright so this is a simple question shouldn t be difficult to answer I ve read that sometimes you don t have to disable the Onboard Graphics in the BIOS when putting in the gfxcard So I stuck it in without disabling in hopes Graphics detect it? - Monitor won't Card Installing that I didn t have to Well the monitor won t turn on so I just have to pull it back out of the processor The weird thing is it won t even Installing Graphics Card - Monitor won't detect it? turn on if I have the monitor plugged into the onboard gfx slot It won t until I completely remove the GForce FX So I went into the BIOS and saw that the Primary is selected as PCI and not Onboard even though I use chipset Could that be why the monitor is getting confused But here s my main question before I get started in all this if I choose the Primary Video in BIOS as PCI-E would I still be able to see the monitor once it turns back on In other words would I be able to change the bios back if the gfxcard don t work Will the onboard video work regardless of what s chosen in the BIOS menu Would appreciate ANY help Thanks in advance EDIT oh and hey does the GeForce FX support x resolution Could that be the problem it s not detecting it nbsp

A:Installing Graphics Card - Monitor won't detect it?

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following it custom or home built, Mother Board, Processor, Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-graphics-card-monitor-wont-detect-it.846671/
Relevancy 86%

hi i have this big doesnt graphics card monitor detect correctly problem is that my graphics card as a problem that in almost years it never did this i never had problems with this computer but what happend is that graphics card doesnt detect monitor correctly i use a LCD screen the resolution is use is x and i use a Nvidia GeForce GT graphics card what happends is that when i turn the computer on i see the screen with ALOT of lines with weird colors and i thought this was a drivers graphics card doesnt detect monitor correctly problem so i installed the graphics card drive and clean the PC up for the nd time nothing worked so i tried formating it but i doubt it that would work because those lines where there so yea i did manage on getting a screen cap from the windows and it looks like this http i photobucket com albums a wtf- png the weird part is that the lines and stuff that appear on the screen as well dont show up on the picture so i tried using another monitor and it had the same result im using Windows Ultimate bit i have my graphics card connected to my TV LCD with a HDMI cable i thought it could be that so i tried another cable it didnt work so at this point i ran out of ideas so i was wondering if you guys could help me i really need my pc on my other drive i have stuff from work and i cant lose it for the life of me without counting the school stuff please help me

A:graphics card doesnt detect monitor correctly

I don't know how this happened to you, but the picture is very typical for a desktop that's set to use only 16 colors.

Nowadays, videocards can render millions of colors with a 24-bit or 32-bit depth, this is called "True Color." Many moons ago, you had to make do with about 65 thousand colors (16-bit depth or "High Color"), and earlier still you only had 16 colors or 256 colors (8-bit depth) available.
Using such limited color palettes resulted in images such as the one you have on your screen now.

You should be able to go into your advanced videocard settings and change the color depth, but it would be extremely unusual for a modern nVidia card to offer only 16/256 colors. Still, can you check and see which color depths are actually available?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193406-graphics-card-doesnt-detect-monitor-correctly.html
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi I bought a new graphics card ATI Radeon AGP and I plugged it into my AGP slot after removing my old NVIDIA Geforece Ti graphics card and its drivers When I turn on the power supply with my new graphics card in my monitor doesn t turn on and remains on standby mode I made sure that everything is plugged in properly Is there a way of allowing me to fix this problem so I can carry on with installing the drivers Here is my system overview ------------------ System Information new turn put in after card my Monitor I on graphics doesn't ------------------ Time of this report Machine name AWARA Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension BIOS Default System Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card BIOS Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce Ti Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce Ti DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS C DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Dell M Monitor Max Res Driver Name nv disp dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD nv mini sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-F - C CB Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x C DE Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG B ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Deinterlace Caps DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech MedianFiltering AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive DC - - A -BD -E BBCC C Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoPr... Read more

A:Monitor doesn't turn on after I put in my new graphics card

You see no video at all, even no bios screen? If this is true, the new card may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-turn-on-after-i-put-in-my-new-graphics-card.142240/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi i cant get card to graphics connected Monitor turn wont on, my monitor to work when i plug it into my graphics card its an ATI Radeon MB or something like that I previously had MB of RAM and i went and got sticks of today i installed them plugged everything back Monitor wont turn on, connected to graphics card up and my monitor wouldnt turn on it worked fine before but now it doesnt so i plugged it into my onboard card and it works fine Checked all my specs and it says everything is fine and doesnt say anything at all about my ATI card Not enough power to it it worked with sticks of MB but wont work with sticks of MB i have compaq presario s wm AMD Athlon GHz RAM if you need more info on my system please say so Ahahahaha I dont know what was wrong but i took my graphics card out saw ALLLLL kinds of dust blew it out put the card back in making absolutly sure it was in right and turned out it works now Im asumming some dust got stuck in the AGP port its in nbsp

A:Monitor wont turn on, connected to graphics card

yup- a good cleaning twice a year saves a lot of computers from the graveyard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-turn-on-connected-to-graphics-card.57294/
Relevancy 79.55%

I got Graphics XPS Help For 43 Error Card Code Please with Mode Fix Disappearance) Sleep/Standby (Windows for 8700 10) (Along my XPS in and my service warranty finished in Jan before I installed Windows So ever since Please Help Fix Code 43 for Graphics Card Error For XPS 8700 (Along with Sleep/Standby Mode Disappearance) (Windows 10) I upgraded to Windows I started having problems with by XPS Now I don t have any warranty nbsp I thought once they released a BIOS update it would get better and it did for a while unfortunately within the past few months I have noticed two big issues Upon starting and restarting my computer my monitor does not end up receiving the signal from the pc and remains dark - I check that this Please Help Fix Code 43 for Graphics Card Error For XPS 8700 (Along with Sleep/Standby Mode Disappearance) (Windows 10) is not an issue with the monitor by testing it with Please Help Fix Code 43 for Graphics Card Error For XPS 8700 (Along with Sleep/Standby Mode Disappearance) (Windows 10) other pcs - I checked in Device Manager and there was an Yellow Alert Next to Display Adapters NVIDIA GeForce GT - Upon clicking on it nbsp showed me this Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code This unfortunately is not the only problem related to the graphics card My Sleep Mode has disappeared It s related to Graphics and BIOS - nbsp I have tried the to go in power setting to add it but it was not even listed - nbsp I went into Command Prompt and looked up powercfg exe This is what I found out C WINDOWS system gt powercfg -a The following sleep states are available on this system Hibernate Fast Startup The following sleep states are not available on this system Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state An nbsp internal system component has disabled this standby state Graphics Standby S The system firmware does not support this standby state An nbsp internal system component has disabled this standby state Graphics Standby S An nbsp internal system component has disabled this standby state Graphics Standby S Low Power Idle The system firmware does not support this standby state Hybrid Sleep Standby S is not available nbsp Now I would really like to be able to start or restart my pc without staring at a blank screen and resolve the code issue with Nvidia GeForce GT Also I would like it if I could have the option to put my PC to sleep I really miss this and not having to constantly restart nbsp my computer in order to be able to see something on the monitor I nbsp hope someone can help me with these issues without having to reset the pc and reinstall everything all over again nbsp as nbsp the problem still existed nbsp in other cases I don t have a installation copy of dells pre-installed programs so This computer is only years old it does not nbsp need to be retired yet nbsp

A:Please Help Fix Code 43 for Graphics Card Error For XPS 8700 (Along with Sleep/Standby Mode Disappearance) (Windows 10)

Did you get the windows 10 drivers from Dell? XPS 8700 is approved for windows 10 and Dell has provided win 10 drivers at Dell Support, Downloads and Drivers. Allow it to scan the computer and install the necessary drivers. Worked very well for my 8700. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19685578
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello I have a brand new Inspiron that is having some issues First and foremost the keyboard is useless after the computer goes to sleep This just started a few days ago about 15 missing. Inspiron mode. is graphics keyboard sleep dedicated up new And my not will card wake after 7559 Brand a month after receiving it The screen comes back on after opening the lid and the touch pad works fine But no buttons on the keyboard produce any response The keyboard becomes backlit like normal but does not produce anything on the screen when I try to put in my password pin I can click on the Ease of Access button and get the on screen keyboard to appear This does work and allows me to input my Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing. pin But that s no way for my laptop to run And a laptop without a keyboard is pretty useless Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing. nbsp My second problem is that my computer no longer sees my Nvidia dedicated graphics card I only mention this here because I am not sure that the issues are unrelated I noticed a few days ago that the Nvidia Brand new Inspiron 15 7559 keyboard will not wake up after sleep mode. And my dedicated graphics card is missing. icon was not in my system tray I think that s what it s called like it normally is So I opened it manually and it told me that it could not find a driver for this computer That is odd because just the previous day I had been looking in the program and all was fine So I followed the link to get a driver I followed all the instructions on the Nvidia site and downloaded the driver for the card my computer came with But when installing it a window popped up saying that no hardware could be found on my computer for that driver Not sure why it doesn t see it nbsp Not sure why these issues would be related but they did start at roughly the same time Again this is a month old lap top and neither of these issues were there before a couple of days ago Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19986944
Relevancy 75.25%

I replaced the graphics card on a spare PC, but couldn't install it so changed back to the old one, but before doing so, disabled the monitor. Actually I went into Display Properties and then Monitor, Properties and under Device Usage at bottom, clicked on 'Do not use this device (disable)'

Question is, how do I re-enable it? BTW, I have it networked to other PC but can only get into shared docs

Anyway, now I get a screen view until Windows kicks in and then it goes totally blank (though I can hear Windows start via the speakers)

I've tried to start it in safe mode but it just stops with a list of driver names without going into safe mode (just seems to hang)

I tried using the last known good configuration but this didn't help either

Help please!

Thanks, Stephen

A:Changed graphics card-then disabled monitor,now black screen.Not even safe mode works

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-graphics-card-then-disabled-monitor-now-black-screen-not-even-safe-mode-works.687440/
Relevancy 69.23%

Short and sweet, they don't work unless I do it manually, and the sleep mode is known to randomly jump awake at times too.

Anybody else have this problem or know of something I have to turn on/off for it to work?

A:sleep mode / screen turn off

I found a problem like this after installing service pack 1. My problem was fixed after I updated my bios.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sleep-mode-screen-turn-off.737753/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi!

Yesterday I bought myself a new graphics card: Radeon HD7870.
I've plugged it into my motherboard: MCP73VT-PM but the thing is that I don't receive any signal from it when I connect the vga cable into it, tried with hdmi cable aswell...
Also bought a new PSU 550V to make it match the requirements..

Can it be that the onboard vga graphics collides with the new card? If so... could anyone help me out? I've tried almost everything, spent the whole day trying to get it to work.

My BIOS settings doesnt support editing the onboard stuff.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi

I need help here. I cannot detect my Graphics Card in Device Manager.I do anything but not working. This is my report

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-detect-graphics-card-392882.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all,

For about a year and a half now i have owned a htpc based on a DFI P55-T36 board.
Everything is running great and i'm very content ever since i switched to XBMC software etc. etc.

There's just one problem for me...
No matter what i do, Sleep mode will not work correctly with this machine.

Also...i have recently purchased a Ortek VRC-1100 remote which works very well with MCE and XBMC out of the box.
This remote has a power button which will send the keyboard command to put the machine to sleep (i believe its Win + S?).

Anyway, in both of these cases i would very much like to Shutdown the PC rather then use Sleep mode at all.

Is there any way to disable sleep mode entirely in Windows 7?

So whenever a sleep mode command is sent, the PC will simply shutdown?

A:Turn Sleep/Hibernate mode into Shutdown?

That would be in your Power managment settings you set it to NEVER it will not go to sleep or Hibernate

Goodluck

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/216742-turn-sleep-hibernate-mode-into-shutdown.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My desktop is running Window 7.
It is automated turn on when i put it in sleep mode about 2 hours.
Would someones please help me?
Thank you so much.

A:Windows automate turn on in sleep mode

Go to Start/Search and type in Task Scheduler. See if there are any tasks that scheduled to wake the computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-automate-turn-on-in-sleep-mode-653790.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Is there a setting some where that will keep the monitor from turning on when WMC scheduled recordings record while the computer is in sleep mode?

Right now if the machine is asleep and a scheduled recording starts, the monitor turns on. It doesn't show WMC, it shows what ever was on the screen when I put it to sleep.

I realize that I could turn off the monitor, but it just seems like there should be a better fix than that.

Thanks

A:Does monitor have to turn on if recording w/WMC from sleep

Thank you for all the views.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/62651-does-monitor-have-turn-if-recording-w-wmc-sleep.html
Relevancy 68.37%

New wrinkle.
Let's say I have some background programs running, maybe Defrag or somesuch. Maybe I want to keep the computer awake for a TV show I'm recording an hour from now.
So...
I turn off my monitor and walk away.

APPARENTLY my computer then enters sleep mode, or some other hybrid power option setting and ALSO disconnects from the internet. When I re-start the monitor, I have no internet connection, SKYPE has to re-connect and the background programs I mentioned have stopped.

All this from turning the monitor off?

Ideas?
Kevin

A:Computer goes to sleep when I turn the monitor off

Well, when turning a monitor off, there is no activity on the hard drive. Causing it to go into sleep mode to preserve energy. If, you use a battery that is. And yes, that can happen if the monitor is turned off. You shouldn't turn a monitor off if you are doing something. I don't know about the internet problem but I'll look for a solution.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58153-computer-goes-sleep-when-i-turn-monitor-off.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Ok so I have an HP m quot HDMI Monitor that keeps going to sleep unexpectedly and does not turn on back on with mouse or keyboard movements the only way I get it back on is to pull the cord from the back of my machine because the power button does not shut down the machine when this happens it is like frozen I know it is not my settings because I have my power settings set to never go to sleep or turn of the monitor and this happens when I am in the middle of doing something on my machine I know it is not my Graffix card because I Installed a new one because I thought it may be the issue I have a Fan on the outside with the case side off blowing cool air on my hardware because if the case cover is on it shuts down within so many minutes sometimes of turning my machine on my CPU seems to be and to keeps unexpectidly, turn going on....... does Monitor sleep not working fine as with my HD could this be my Motherboard or is their something I am missing why doesn't the machine itself shut down if it is getting to hot is it problems with my motherboard grr this started happening like months ago and I dont have the to go and buy another motherboard at the moment even thought hey are so cheap anybody had these issues in the past any suggestion is wanted

A:Monitor keeps going to sleep unexpectidly, and does not turn on.......

Graphics card or CPU are getting too hot.
At least that is what it appears to be from your description.

Let me see if I can find some monitoring tools if no one else posts them first.
I'm using what came with my ASUS hardware so they won't work with your moboard.

I'll get back to you in a few minutes if no one else does first.

This gives you CPU and GPU temps plus a lot of other info.
SIV - System Information Viewer

You will see this towards top left of column. Left picture below
CurrentReleaseDownloads First one down siv.zip is what you need. It is not a big download.
After download extract files.
Inside folder you will see a blue magician figure next to SIV64X.exe click that to open.
Then you will see right pic below hopefully with temperatures as mine does. I circled the CPU and the GPU which is the bottom temp.
Hope that helps and works.
Post temps when you get them.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/190923-monitor-keeps-going-sleep-unexpectidly-does-not-turn.html
Relevancy 67.94%

What I really want to know is how to disable my Radeon HD 4350 graphics card, so that I can swap to Intel HD on-board graphics.

This is so I can compare the two on their Windows Experience Index.

Thanks

Relevancy 67.94%

I purchased a new GPU Sapphire Dual X R9 270X 2GB DDR5 OC WITH BOOST
My Graphics Card fan work fine but when I turn on my pc the monitor does not show anything.

I had another graphics card before but needed to replace it so I dont know if this is the trouble.

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance

A:My Computer Can't detect my new graphics card

Do you have required power connections to it ?
Tried another PCIx slot ?
Monitor connected to the right place ?
Can't be problem because of another GPU for BOOT at least, in the OS later on maybe, if it's different than old one.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/48111-my-computer-cant-detect-my-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Since the anniversary update my graphics card has become invisible.

A:My PC doesn't detect my graphics card

Hi! Please provide more information. How are you looking for your graphics card? Are you looking in devise manager??

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442064-my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello,

I recently updated the drivers for my video card, NVIDIA's discrete GeForce GT 335M, and afterwards I was unable to get my monitor to display anything. My laptop screen is broken so I use a standalone monitor with VGA cables for my display. So after this I tried the obvious troubleshooting, using my fn key to switch between displays and holding the windows key + P to pick the projector option, both to no avail. I then started windows in safe mode and rolled back the most recent driver update for the video card. Since then my laptop does not detect the video card, like it is gone. I still have the updates installed, NVIDIA Control Panel still exist but says no card is detected.

Also I can not get BIOS to run on boot, possibly because my monitor won't display anything until it gets to the windows home screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Shawn

A:Unable to detect graphics card.

Get your Laptop screen fixed first.
You may need to spend less than $100, I guess.

http://www.amazon.com/ALIENWARE-LAPT.../dp/B0049AJ468

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/344953-unable-detect-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I put my laptop on sleep mode. I later then try to on it . However, it has no reaction. I tried to power off it by holding onto the Power button, but it couldnt off.I then took the batt off, the power button is off, i then try to on it again. But it does not work. Though the adapter is working.( lights seen) . I could not on it. I tried the method given on youtube . Still not working. Any advice can you give me ?

A:Hp Envy Laptop (touchscreen) Sleep mode but cant turn on. I ...

Send me via email will be good too

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Envy-Laptop-touchscreen-Sleep-mode-but-cant-turn-on-I/td-p/5851315
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi. Yesterday I try to wake up my laptop but I can't - laptop running but there was a black screen. So I push the power button for 5 seconds to turn off the laptop, when I trying turn him on then nothing happens - power on indicator lights for 5 seconds but laptop dont start. I try remove AC, bateries, bios batteries, ram, hdd, dvd, but nothing helps. I heard about reseting - remove AC and baterie then push power button for 30s - but this also don't help.  Please help me witch this, how to fix this or give me some clues what is wrong in mine laptop.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-g500-don-t-turn-on-after-breake-sleep-mode/td-p/3341033
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi i have been experiencing this problem since i first built my PC. It seems to wake up from sleep at random times in the nite(very disturbing). I have already turned off all the devices that wake it up that are not USb interface and I have no idea how to proceed to trouble shoot this issue, please help if you can.
Thank you,
J
EDIT: It goes back to sleep on its own(sometimes)

A:Computer will offten turn back on when in sleep mode

have you turned off the waking from lan of your network card? also, there are some power management settings in bios which deal with auto waking up from sleep. see if this is the case, as windows settings might be over-ridden by bios.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297221-computer-will-offten-turn-back-when-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have an HP media center PC running x64 Vista, when I usually put the PC in sleep mode (I'm assuming s3?) the case fans, PS fans and CPU fan would all cut off, now they do not. I have been reading and scanning forums all day on the subject and find no fixes. The closest thing I can come to is a registry setting? There are no power management options in BIOS(the BIOS is the most recent release, I checked).

Any suggestions appreciated!
JC Carmichael

A:Motherboard fans won't turn off in sleep mode anymore.

Fans won't cut off as in woon't turn off or keep on going? Have you tried flashing the BIOS?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/244965-motherboard-fans-wont-turn-off-sleep-mode-anymore.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Unsure as to whether to post this here or in the hardware section but since this might be a software problem I figured I d try here first I have a Dell Laptop's not turn does mode drive off sleep hard l x which has an Laptop's sleep mode does not turn off hard drive SSD for the OS and some programs and a normal HDD for generic storage needs A few months ago a strange and annoying problem started occurring in that whenever I put the laptop into sleep mode either by closing the lid or by choosing it from the start menu times out of it will begin going into sleep mode the screen will go black turn off etc but the mechanical storage HDD will not spin down and turn off locking the laptop into this neither on nor off limbo state When this happens the only things I can do are hold the power Laptop's sleep mode does not turn off hard drive button to force shut down remove the battery or let the battery run dry The next time I power the laptop on I ll be greeted with the quot you didn t turn your computer off properly quot screen I figured this was a problem with the HDD itself as it was a few years old and was giving me other warning signs that it was on the way out such as labored clicking and grinding noises when made to do extensive data transfers So I saved a bit of money bought a new HDD even a different manufacturer to the original a Western Digital instead of seagate copied my data to it installed it only to discover that the problem STILL exists sleep mode is still unusable to me I can imagine that reinstalling windows will probably solve my issue however since it s currently loaded up with software I need going into my last semester of college I d rather try and avoid that if possible I ve already tried searching for a solution to this to no avail either my google-fu is just not up to scratch or I might literally be the only person with this issue Thanks in advance and hey as a bonus if you can solve the issue you might be an actual wizard EDIT Can t use signatures yet so heres my specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - MB Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc XN K Antivirus ESET NOD Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Laptop's sleep mode does not turn off hard drive

go to the Dell support site and complete an online diagnostic, then check for driver / bios updates for your laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptops-sleep-mode-does-not-turn-off-hard-drive.1145599/
Relevancy 67.94%

I just bought a hp pavilion dv2745se part of the hp pavilion dv6000 series six months ago, and it has recently started crashing whenever it either A. Goes into sleep mode, or B: when i shut the screen. I haven't messed with any of the setting recently so I am baffled at why this is happening.

A:HP pavilion dv6000 Does not turn back on when it goes into sleep mode

Please update all your drivers:

=> HP Drivers <=

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6000-does-not-turn-back-on-when-it-goes-into-sleep-mode.113179/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, my new pc does a strange thing, at least I find it strange because it's new: when the pc is on standby and I turn on the monitor, the pc wakes up.

Now I don't mind this behavior, it is useful even, but I was wondering if it is documented somewhere because I had no idea this was possible and I hope there's no strange electric contact or whatever.

The monitor also has a usb hub, but none of the devices connected to it are enabled to wake up the pc...

A:Computer waking up from Sleep when I turn on monitor

Sounds like an either or thing. Take your pick which it is waking up the computer, the monitor or the USB hub. Don't forget that there is a signal going both ways on those connections and it is likely one of them that is waking it up (my vote goes to the USB hub).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/202750-computer-waking-up-sleep-when-i-turn-monitor.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My monitor keeps saying going to sleep will not turn back on I turned everything off unplugged all cords redone everything .still saying going to sleep. but now saying check video cable where is this located

A:can't turn on monitor says going to sleep then check video

Is your computer even working--does anything ever show on the screen other than those messages?The 'check video cable' message is coming from the monitor. The 'going to sleep' message may also be a monitor message.If your keyboard has the power management keys:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_...you might see if you can use the 'wake' key to get the computer going. But I suspect your computer isn't working and the messages are generated because the computer isn't sending a signal to the monitor.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/cant-turn-on-monitor-says-going-to-sleep-then-check-video/203047.html
Relevancy 67.51%

So my mother's computer just BSOD'd while she was playing a game & now when he turns her computer on, both monitors remain black, but she can still hear the login jingle.

I don't know how I'm going to fix this since both monitors are black, but I'll try. It does however make it hard for me to follow the BSOD Posting Instructions sticky.

Card: AMD, model unknown, probably 3 years old, she only plays a few times a week, so it's not very utilized. I'm thinking it might be one of her monitors.

Computer: HP Pavilion P6210Y (6 years old). Windows 7 Pro.

HP2159m monitor, came with computer. After the BSOD, this one goes straight into sleep mode after boot.

Acer H2333H monitor, 2009. A few months ago, this one started having a delay in warm-up after booting or waking. Tried turning it off, won't turn off, so I can't restart it.

Computer last dusted out in June.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/one-monitor-goes-directly-to-sleep-on-boot-the-other-wont-turn-off-or-on-1051762.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello, I've been having this problem 2 days ago and it's a bit frustrating. I was just playing some games when it suddenly restarted automatically. My device manager doesn't seem to acknowledge my graphics card anymore for some apparent reason. I've tried plugging my monitor in my graphics card and it just seems like on a standby mode with the blank screen showing nothing. But when I plug my monitor to my motherboard port it shows up fine and is in the device manager. I've tried cleaning my drivers with "Driver Sweeper" then reinstalling the lastest driver for my graphics card, but that didn't do anything. I was hoping if anyone knows what's wrong with my graphics card . Thank you.

Is my graphics card burnt/broken?

EDIT:
Graphics card - Radeon x1900

A:System doesn't detect Graphics Card

OK first of all there are no drivers for Windows 7 supporting you card. Your card is not even supported by Windows Vista as support has been removed, therefore, the reason for the problems you have been experiencing is a driver issue not the card itself. You cannot use 6.5 drivers on you card, the reason why you are getting these blank screens and dropping out of games is because of the drivers.

Not the news you peobably wanted to here but an upgrade is needed the drivers which would have been used would have been Catalyst 9.3.

ATI Catalyst? Display Driver
Version 9.3

9.3 Operating System(s)

Windows Vista - 32-Bit Edition Products Supported

AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon? graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.
The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure (including Mobile and All-in-Wonder Variants):

ATI Radeon 9500 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
ATI Radeon X550 Series
ATI Radeon X600 Series
ATI Radeon X700 Series
ATI Radeon X800 Series
ATI Radeon X850 Series
ATI Radeon X1050 Series
ATI Radeon X1300 Series
ATI Radeon X1550 Series
ATI Radeon X1600 Series
ATI Radeon X1650 Series
ATI Radeon X1800 Series
ATI Radeon X1900 Series
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
ATI Radeon X1200 Series
ATI Radeon X1250 Series
ATI Radeon X2100 Series

AMD may periodically provide Windows XP and Windows Vista driver updates (for the products listed above) for critical fixes only. No new features will be provided in future driver updates. The Linux ATI Catalyst? driver will only be supported in Linux distributions prior to February 2009 for the legacy products listed above.

Any customers using a combination of a ATI Radeon? HD 2000 Series, ATI Radeon? HD 3000 Series, or ATI Radeon? HD 4000 Series product with any of the legacy products listed above in a single PC system must use the ATI Catalyst 9.3 or earlier driver. All future ATI Catalyst? releases made available past the ATI Catalyst? 9.3 release will not include support for the legacy products listed above or any of the features associated with those legacy products

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/13721-system-doesnt-detect-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.08%

i have about a 5 yr old compaq running xp.i had bestbuy to put in a radeon 9550 avg graphics card and i had to restore my com now windows wont detect the card so when i try to install the soft ware it says it cant find any hardware to install the software.i could use any help plz and ty.
Edit/Delete Message

A:Windows doesn't detect my new graphics card

Double post

Already answered here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic112198.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-doesnt-detect-my-new-graphics-card.112205/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello
I uninstalled my nvidia graphics card via device manager because I was having annoying freezes and nothing I tried fixed it. But when I restarted windows, the graphics cards didn't appear any more and I couldn't install the drivers back. Since it's a laptop I can't just unplug it and plug it in again. How do I get it back?

A:Uninstalled graphics card. Windows cannot detect it now

Do not try to install it through Device Manager.

I just did mine less than an hour ago. So maybe this will help.

After reboot W7 will load but have poor resolution. Go to where the Nvidia driver is downloaded (mine was in the Download folder) double click the Nvidia driver download and follow the prompts to install.

It may show it did not install the driver but don't worry just reboot when it is finished installing or says it didn't install properly.
That is what mine did and after a reboot all was installed properly.

Also after reboot the Monitor will show in Device Manager.

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/234321-uninstalled-graphics-card-windows-cannot-detect-now.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys This is an important post for me as its regarding my Graphics Card as i use it a lot I have a Lenovo G laptop with intel i m Windows and Switchable Graphics Intel HD and AMD Radeon HD m Recently this morning i kept my laptop for an download and Graphics cannot Windows detect Card my [IMPORTANT] went away from it for a while Later when i returned i saw that my laptop was on lock screen I unlocked it to see for the download and it said that could not detect Windows cannot detect my Graphics Card [IMPORTANT] hardware or hardware drivers for my AMD Graphics card Later i saw it could not even detect my intel graphics card I managed to download and install intel graphics card and it could detect it but when i tried to install amd grahpics drivers it failed It cant even detect the AMD Graphics Card I tried a system restore and it didnt work According to me it was due to an windows update recently so i did a system restore This is pretty Important for me so please reply all the suggestions you have Thanks

A:Windows cannot detect my Graphics Card [IMPORTANT]

Well The Following Error is Solved. All i did was pray to god and shut down the laptop for a few hours after trying every thing and somehow it worked

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/42653-windows-cannot-detect-my-graphics-card-important.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi sorry but this needs a bit of background I've been using a custom PC since June picked install [Help] drivers card Can't detect graphics or the parts got it put together in a shop Recently I've been having occasional BSODs and a message that says quot PFN LIST CORRUPT quot After the latest BSOD and reboot my PC couldn't [Help] Can't detect graphics card or install drivers detect the GTX graphics card from Palit in device manager Under display adapters it shows quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot instead of [Help] Can't detect graphics card or install drivers the gtx I tried to update the driver with the latest download from Nvidia version but when I try to it informs me quot This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware quot I've reinstalled windows and the drivers for Ethernet motherboard chipset etc but I've still got the same problem when trying to install the graphics driver When I open the quot Properties quot window of the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot in device manager under details- gt hardware ids the following information is shown PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC Any help

A:[Help] Can't detect graphics card or install drivers

Hello syalam. Welcome to the Forum.

Have you made any changes or added any new hardware to your system around the time this error began to appear?

That VEN is nVidia, but the DEV is a Fast Ethernet Controller.
It could be that Windows has mixed up the registry folder for the device, or the plug and play feature in the video cards firmware could be corrupted, or there is another corruption in the system.

You can try reinstalling the video card clean:
Be sure you have the most current known good driver downloaded.
Create a System Restore Point.

Now go into Windows Explorer and in the C: drive find the nVidia folder (inside will be Drivers > your driver version) and delete it (the whole folder).
Go into Start > Control Panel > Remove a Program and uninstall all programs for the video card. Do PhysX and Stereoscopic 3D first, then the driver. The control panel will uninstall with the driver.

Shut down computer, wait 30 seconds, and then boot the computer.
When it reaches the desktop Windows will find new hardware and will install it's own WDDM1.1 driver. Let it. You will be asked to restart. Do it.
Once back on the desktop you can now install the nVidia driver package for your card.
Try that and see if it works. That PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error can be caused by other bad drivers too, and by bad RAM. But lets check that video card installation first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193011-help-cant-detect-graphics-card-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Im not quite sure what the exact spec of my pc are, but here are a few

AMD Atholon 64 x2 dual core processor 4200+ 2.20ghz its a 32 bit operating system, i dont quite know alot about computers so please keep it rather basic, thanks.

A:Computer doesnt detect Graphics Card

You need to post the brand and model. That way we can find the model and see if you have slots to install a graphics card.
I'm guessing you have a graphics chip on the motherboard that has died.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-detect-graphics-card.1152666/
Relevancy 67.08%

i left my pc on coming mode on out wont turn jus of sleep like its it sounds computer my and it was in sleep mode which is set for hr after inactivity my year old little monkey pressed repeatedly the on off button my partner sed he heard alot of bleeps i asume the error beep and my computer wont turn on it sounds like its jus coming out of sleep mode so he jus switched it off my computer wont turn on it sounds like its jus coming out of sleep mode at the wall not shut down properly as he dosent have any pc knowledge i turned the pc and the fan starts up instantly but its like there no info going from my tower to the screen nothing comes up and the fan is at full speed and it jus stays like that iv managed before to fix quite a few virus problems even wen my updates went silly and lost my network adapter i fixed but this had completly stumped me please help as i am lost without my pc my family live far away and this is my only contact thankyou everyone who replys n megaa megaa thanks before hand to the one who fixes it lolol nbsp

A:my computer wont turn on it sounds like its jus coming out of sleep mode

Maybe try last known configuration.

Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.

Click the Start button , click the arrow next to the Lock button , and then click Restart.

Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you will need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start, and then press F8.

On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-computer-wont-turn-on-it-sounds-like-its-jus-coming-out-of-sleep-mode.930567/
Relevancy 66.22%

HELP. I tried uninstalling old nvidia drivers. When I put my new one in, there wasn't an old graphics card in place. I tried youtubing possible solutions. I'm considering taking my pc the best buy so they can hook it up, but I don't wanna spend more money. The power watts meet it's standard. I had to buy a new one. I KNOW it's in the right place inside, but my computer won't detect it. The PNY software DVD won't detect it. It says not found. I understand that you have to install a diver that's compatible, and I tried that, but it says checking system... and then It can't find it! It's been months. I uninstalled every nvidia driver or thing on my computer, which now makes my screen look small, which is really annoying. please help!

A:Computer won't Detect Nvidia Geforce 730 Graphics card

You need to tell use more about your computer, what is the make and model of it, what is the model of the motherboard, what is the model of the power supply? What version of Windows?

Is it the Geforce GT 730 you bought or something else? What is the intended use of the new graphics card?

And what graphics card or GPU did you have before adding this card?

Do you have the monitor connected to the new graphics card or do you by chance still have it connected to the integrated graphics that many computer have? It needs to be connected to the new card before turning the computer on.

Have you made sure the card is seated fully in the slot?

Have you tried using the latest drivers from the NVidia website: http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Do you have access to another computer to try the card to make sure its not defective?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-detect-nvidia-geforce-730-graphics-card.1163893/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I recently performed a clean install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate onto my computer. While doing so, I had to unplug my graphics card and use the onboard video, otherwise I'd get an error about unexpected restarts.

After installing, Windows 7 doesn't detect the graphics card (the card works, but it doesn't show up under the device manager and I can't install nVidia drivers). If I use the BIOS to switch to onboard video, then that shows up on the device manager and works fine, but I use this PC for gaming so I'd prefer to use the video card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Graphics Card - nVidia 9600 GT
Motherboard - ASUS M2NPV-VM
CPU - AMD 64 4800+
RAM - 3GB

A:Windows 7 Doesn't Detect nVidia Graphics Card

Which drivers did you try, these?
NVIDIA DRIVERS 196.21 WHQL
Also, did you try running windows updates afterwards, specifically "optional" updates?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/69342-windows-7-doesnt-detect-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I just installed windows 7 professional last night and when trying to personalize my theme, i realized that i couldn't change window color. It only gave me the contrast themes unlike in vista where i could choose the color and it would still look like vista. I'm not sure if that last sentence made much sense, but i hope you get the idea. I can still use the desktop backgrounds and sounds, but not the aero window colors.

When I go to device manager, the only graphics adaptor it shows is the standard VGA. When I had Vista I didn't have any problem. But now that I have Windows 7, the OS won't detect the graphics card. Is it not compatible with Windows 7? I saw another post with a fix for the 8400M GT, and was wondering if maybe there was hope for me.

Thanks in advance for any advice

A:Windows 7 won't detect GeForce 8400M GS graphics card

Google/goto NVIDIA drivers downloads on Nvidia website, select your graphics card and 32/64 bit. It should give you the latest driver to download. (195.62)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/44845-windows-7-wont-detect-geforce-8400m-gs-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 66.22%

few days ago i tried to update my nvidia geforce gt 335m driver. but the update would not install, so i thought of deleting the nvidia driver and install the new version. i went to control panel(uninstall a program) and deleted everything with the name nvidia on it(physcs,graphics driver,control panel) now when i tied to install the new driver it said "this graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. so , i went to device manager and the only display adapter there was intel hd graphics. and the intel processor pciexpress root port-0045 was showing "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)" my laptop: alienware m11x r2 details:M11x R2 Specs & Latest News | Alienware | The Verge PLEASE HELP!!!

A:how to make device manager detect my graphics card?

Try using Driver Robot or Driver Pack solution 13 Search on google.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/297254-how-make-device-manager-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So this is a strange issue that I don't think many people will even quite know what to say First I should say device graphics Can't card and SATA detect simultaneously? that I'm not that tech savvy and Can't detect graphics card and SATA device simultaneously? I'm not much of the forum person so if I've put this thread in the wrong place then I'm sorry I'll try and give you as much information about my specs as possible Case iBuyPower Revolt Motherboard AsRock B M-ITX Processor Intel i - GHz Hard Drive WD Blue GB Memory x GB RAM OS Windows Graphics Card Geforce GTX Ti Power Supplies W and W And some DVD drive Right so as you can see my situation Can't detect graphics card and SATA device simultaneously? is a little complicated as I Can't detect graphics card and SATA device simultaneously? have TWO power supplies That story's even more complicated but it doesn't matter so much all that matters is that those two power supplies are what I have to work with The W supply which is the supply that I bought later on is powering everything in my computer EXCEPT the graphics card Then the W power supply came stock with my computer is powering the graphics card exclusively Or at least that's what's supposed to happen So I bought this graphics card about months ago and realized that I'd need more power for it So I ordered a more powerful psu When I realized the W psu didn't have the -pin pci-e power connector I needed I realized that I'd have to use the paperclip method to power my graphics card with the W power supply instead I sat the W psu outside my rig powering the graphics card inside my computer ever since Until about a day ago when I updated windows It just completely crapped out I updated and shut down my computer The next day when I woke up to turn it on the display didn't respond So I switched my VGA display to the onboard graphics and I saw the words quot Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot Device and press a key quot I freaked out I reboot my computer opened up UEFI and checked things out This is what I saw So basically what I saw was that my graphics card was being detected by the motherboard but my SATA devices hard drive DVD drive etc were not so I was not able to boot Windows So I moved on I exited UEFI I saved the changes I had made I had made no changes and reboot the computer But after I rebooted suddenly my SATA devices were being detected again Windows booted and the computer went back to normal EXCEPT for the graphics card Upon checking my UEFI again I found that right after clicking quot Save Changes and Exit quot the computer restarted and then the graphics card was no longer detected but all the SATA devices were found I'm very confused and I would really love to get my graphics card working again Right now I can use my computer fine and I can use the display with the onboard graphics like nothing went wrong it's just that I can't play video games like I used to be able to Can anyone tell me what's going wrong what's happening Give me any explanation as to why on initial boot my graphics card is recognized but after exiting UEFI it isn't ANY HELP AT ALL would be greatly appreciated

A:Can't detect graphics card and SATA device simultaneously?

SO

After staring at my computer for an hour, and trying multiple random internet chats to no avail, I stared at my UEFI settings for a little bit longer and started messing around with some of the settings.

I found one particular setting that said: "PCIE1 Link Speed," which was set to "Automatic".
Since I didn't know what this meant, I didn't mess with it the first time I saw it; also, I figured since it was set to Automatic, it would automatically choose the best setting for me.
But, this was not the case. Because, as my desperation for high-quality game performance continued, I grew more daring and started changing around different settings to see what (if anything) would happen. So I changed the link speed from "Automatic" to "Gen1". There was also "Gen2" and "Gen3", but by luck of the draw, I chose "Gen1." When I saved and exited UEFI, everything worked beautifully just as it always has for the past 6 months.

I still don't know exactly what this means, or why it changed from the correct setting to "Automatic" but I'm just glad it works now. If anyone may have an explanation for why this works or what this means, I'm all ears, but I am currently able to game again at high quality, and that's all that matters.

Curiously, the other settings, "Gen2" and "Gen3" don't work; they don't even let the computer recognize the onboard graphics, and I had to reset my CMOS.

Thanks to all who pondered my question, and if you might know what caused this, I invite you to take a shot at explaining what happened! Thank you all again!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61673-cant-detect-graphics-card-sata-device-simultaneously.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello,
I have an alienware laptop with an nvidia 335m gt graphics card and it works perfectly for about a week. Then after an update, it can't be detected. This is the second time this has happened, the first time I just reformatted and it was back. Now after about the same amount of updates, it's not being detected again and the system reverts to one called "dell chipset family". The nvidia geforce program is still installed, however when I run it, it can't find the graphics card either. Please help lol I don't want to have to reformat every week because I'm not savvy enough to figure out what the problem is.

Thank you
Ricky

A:Cannot detect my nvidia 335m gt graphics card after update

You should not be installing this update.

Download the video drivers directly from Dell.

Uninstall any video drivers you have now.

Install the drivers you downloaded from Dell.

It will now be fixed.

Laptops are different, you need the driver from Dell and do not let windows update it.

Make sure windows is set to let you know about updates, but let you decide whether to install them, do not install any video drivers using windows update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/365461-cannot-detect-my-nvidia-335m-gt-graphics-card-after-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

how to check my pcie slot working or not. When i inserted nvidia Gforce 9500gt it is not detecting my mother board (Asus M2N VM HDMI ) but graphics cards fan is working. then how can i identifies the slot is faulty or not. Is their any changes to be done in the bios. Please help me. My processor is AMD Phenom 9550 and 3Gb DDR2 ram is inserted.

A:PCI-E slot issue or any changes to be done in BIOS to detect my graphics card

You do need to go into BIOS and disable the onboard video card in order for one plugged into a PCI slot to work. That is most likely your problem.

There are diagnostic cards that you can plug in to test your motherboard such as the one at this site:

http://www.pc-diagnostics.com/pc_diagnostics_tools/flippost_isa_pci_bus.shtml

You also might call nearby computer stores to see if they have the equipment there and will run the diagnostic for you if you bring in your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-e-slot-issue-or-any-changes-to-be-done-in-bios-to-detect-my-graphics-card.174123/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey had a HP w v for a few months now About months into using it wasn t new but was barely used I started encountering this problem with certain games usually newer ones The monitor goes to sleep of it s own accord and doesn t turn back on this also crashes the computer although not immediately I games turn certain Monitor and on to sleep refuses goes middle back to of in could hear dialogue from Sleeping Dogs for about a minute after Monitor goes to sleep and refuses to turn back on in middle of certain games the monitor turned itself off It s worth noting that the monitor going to sleep while I was playing a game wasn t happening initially This problem usually occurs within about - minutes game time Out of my library of games thus far the only ones to do it are Empire Total War Dawn of War II Retribution and Sleeping Dogs but I haven t tried a lot of my Monitor goes to sleep and refuses to turn back on in middle of certain games games with this monitor since the problem began as of yet I ve tried messing around with resolution settings and this seemed to work with Dawn of War II but not with Sleeping Dogs which is odd considering I used the same resolution as I did to fix DOWII and I haven t attempted this with Empire Total War yet A few games have been working without a hitch Dawn of War I Mount and Blade Hearts of Iron III TF etc Can anyone help me out I ve only just bought Sleeping Dogs and only being able to get minutes into the story after paying for it is really frustrating me Thanks Callum nbsp

A:Monitor goes to sleep and refuses to turn back on in middle of certain games

Bump:
Ok, so I tried a friend's monitor on my PC; exact same problem. Tried running a defrag to fix it; didn't work. Tried installing drivers for my monitor again and it refused to install correctly, the install just finished completely without doing anything. I'm kind of stabbing in the dark here, does anyone have any idea what's causing this? I think it can now be narrowed down to a problem with my pc, most likely graphics card related.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-refuses-to-turn-back-on-in-middle-of-certain-games.1073341/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
We've been having this problem on and off for a few weeks now. The tower turns on but is very quiet and the monitor tells us that is is in D-Sub power save mode and will not come on. We tried putting the computer in safe mode by pushing the power button and tapping F8 at the same time. We have also tried shutting everything down and unplugging. No luck.

Relevancy 66.22%

I am setting up a lenovo thinkpad with two additional monitors.

When I close the lid on the laptop. One monitor stays powered up but the second monitor enters sleep mode.

There must be a setting controlling this. I have looked all over the "power" settings and the "display" settings but can not find a setting controlling this.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thank in advance.

Bruce

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/568502/2nd-monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello guys Around last week I noticed when I moved the mouse to wake up the monitor it would show the desktop then go black I would turn the monitor on and off a few times and the monitor would come sleep into mode Monitor going back on without problems for the rest of the day However today the trick did not work and the monitor s green light went back to an orange red saying there was no input I switched monitors hoping that the monitor was the problem but the second monitor immediately stated that was there no input and also went into sleep mode At that point I switched my gt with another pc s gt just to see if it was the video card Needless to say neither video card gave an input to westinghouse monitor main one I then switched the gt back into it s original pc and the sony monitor works fine I know this is a lot of information maybe needless as well but I m kind of confused now The computer having the problem doesn t shut down or overheat or anything but it s just not sending any input towards Monitor going into sleep mode the monitor I m sorry if my information is jumbled up and confusing but I myself am confused at the moment Monitor going into sleep mode Any help would be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Monitor going into sleep mode

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-going-into-sleep-mode.1062197/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello and good evening. My desktop pc monitor keeps going into sleep mode and I have no idea why.
I have a windows 10 desktop, and the monitor is model is a Hanns.G model. The green power button on the monitor keeps turning orange, and powers off, the time scale is anything from within 10 minutes to about 2-3 hours, and the only soltion is for me to switch off the desktop from the power switch and restart my desktop.
The monitor is connected via normal connection, but I have just ordered DVI cable from amazon to see if it will connect with the DVI cable.
In the meantime can anyone help with any suggestions or solutions please??
Any help would be much appreciated.
Jules

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-pc-monitor-keeps-going-sleep-mode-4598573/
Relevancy 66.22%

The upgrade to BIOS was interrupted and now the monitor goes to sleep mode when powered on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Monitor-in-sleep-mode/td-p/5839456
Relevancy 66.22%

When Windows 7 puts my PC into the sleep mode & my Acer LCD monitor goes black, is the monitor actually powering down the lamps or is the PC just not sending it a signal to display?

A:Monitor sleep mode?

Monitors go into a power savings mode when they detect a loss of signal. The PC drops the video signal in sleep mode and the monitor goes into power savings mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/185598-monitor-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I ve searched online about this issue and can t seem to find one exactly like mine We bought a new desktop a couple of months ago Windows home Premium is our operating system We previously had Vista We are using a inch LCD Westinghouse moniter The issue I am having is my moniter will go into sleep mode especailly while I am in the middle of doing something Be it playing a game surfing the web or typing an email I have disabled sleep and power saver mode and have turned off my screen saver as some people have suggested on other forums I have looked at It still does it I have gone onto Microsoft mode into sleep Monitor going keeps com and the only help there is to tell you Monitor keeps going into sleep mode how to turn sleep mode off Mine already is What usually happens when it does this I ll move my mouse and it ll pop right back on Sometimes however it will not come back on unless I hold down the power button on the moniter I have updated all of my drivers and the only conclusion I can come to is this is a Windows glitch and they have yet to fix it Can anyone tell me whatelse I can possibly do to fix this Some days it barely does it and others like today so far it has done it times within an hour Very annoying to say the least nbsp

A:Monitor keeps going into sleep mode

Almost sounds like what I had cept not as bad. My monitors would go into sleep mode on a brand new comp with my radeon 4750. cept it happened either at power on or whenever it felt like it in windows xp. they would not however come back unless i forced the computer off and even that didn't guarantee it. moreover, no one seemed to know about this cuz no one repsonded to me on this forum.

my problem was solved by upgrading windows xp to windows 7. in ur case i can't really suggest that. are you running 32 or 64bit win 7? what's your power supply unit? could also try running a registry edit program to fix registry errors in windows. also, post the specs of your computer like i did below.

intel i3 2.93 duo
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATi Radeon 4750 HD 512mb DDR3
1TB HD 7200 RPM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-into-sleep-mode.148000/
Relevancy 66.22%

My system specs are as follows CPU AMD Athlon X Mobo ASUS M N -AM SE RAM Crucial MB PC DDR VID PNY GeForce GT OC MB HDD WD Caviar GB SATA- G HDD Seagate GB SATA- G DVD HP X DVDRW Internal IDE w Lightscribe CASE Power Up Black Mid T ATX Case w w PSU OS Windows Home bit A mode. into Monitor sleep not going few days ago I noticed my monitor was not Monitor not going into sleep mode. going to sleep It seems to have started after I tried Windows Live Mesh or at least that s when I noticed it anyway The only Monitor not going into sleep mode. other software or drivers I ve installed since I last knew it was going into sleep mode is the Microsoft IntelliType Pro software I ve unistalled Live Mesh and the IntelliType software and still no go I ve even tried system restore to a point a day before I knew the monitor was going into sleep mode System is now and always has been malware free I installed MSE Malware bytes and even SuperAntiSpyware to be sure The only programs running are Live Messenger Yahoo Messenger and I do use Media Center with my tv tuner They have always been running and never stoped the monitor from going to sleep before nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

I installed in Monitor mode sleep a new cd burner and when I restarted the computer the monitor would not respond it will not come out of sleep mode I check all connections and unplugged burner The monitor would still not work I installed a new video card and when I restarted Monitor in sleep mode the computer the monitor was still doing the same thing in sleep mode I unistalled the video card and wiggled all the connections on the motherboard and drives plugged the monitor up to the old video card and turned on the computer and the monitor came on and worked just fine I was on the computer for several hours and restarted it several times Then I tried to reinstall the cd burner and restarted the computer the same problem happened Now I have unplugged the burner once again and still nothing Help I have tried monitors and receive the same problem and both monitors work on my other computer The only other things that I had in mind was maybe a bad connection power supply or incompatibility Please help I have had so many headaches from it nbsp

A:Monitor in sleep mode

You keep saying that the "monitor would not come out of sleep mode" however can I suggest that the problem is the computer is failing to boot up?

Can you confirm that the computer is / is not booting?

Easiest test is to see if the caps lock light toggles on and off with the caps key. If so, the computer probably has booted. If not, it has not actually booted at all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-in-sleep-mode.214279/
Relevancy 66.22%

Is there a way to change the time limit in which the sleep mode is activated. I would like to extend it about 5 minutes. Thank you for your help.

A:monitor sleep mode

Hi BassFisher,

Certainely. Step Two in this tutorial will show you how to adjust your Power Plan Options to what you want them for the Display sleep time.

Power Options and Sleep Mode Problems

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/159257-monitor-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone, I have a compaq fp15 flat screen monitor that yesterday when i shut the computer down suddenly started to go to sleep mode over and over again every 5 seconds. What I mean is that the led on the power button keeps turning green and orange and on the screen appears a message saying "Going To Sleep".

Does anyone know what's going on? Could it be the monitor that is damaged or the computer?

Thank you in advance.

A:Monitor keeps going to sleep mode over and over

Disconnect the monitors cable from the computer and see if this on off thing still happens. If it does, it's a monitor problem and not the computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-keeps-going-to-sleep-mode-over-and-over.113853/
Relevancy 66.22%

All settings are set to never allow the monitor to go into sleep mode but it does. I am quite sure it is the computer that is doing it as I can move the mouse and it comes back on.I think there are settings in the bios that need to be changed, but i don't know which ones. I have an Phoenix Award bios. Any help would be appreciated. Stream.

A:Monitor goes into sleep mode when set to never

I personally know several models of monitors have their own sleep mode. I would do this as a prank since they also had a mode where the monitors would turn off at a certain time of the day.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/88001-monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode-when-set-never.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi my HP pavilion 22xi monitor keeps shutting off after just a few minutes whether I'm using my PC or not.  The screen goes off and but the white light to indicate power is on (note it doesn't go to orange ). I have checked the cables.  Its only when when I unplug and replug the power back in that it resumes and I can see a screen again.  Any ideas ? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Monitor-keeps-going-into-sleep-mode/td-p/5620256
Relevancy 66.22%

I have the monitor set to never go into sleep mode in power options, but it still shuts off after about 10 minutes. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

A:Monitor goes into sleep mode when set to never

Welcome

Check your settings again. It may not be sleep mode, it can be the monitor turning off.

Make sure that your monitor is not set to turn off. In addition, make sure that this is not a feature of your particular computer.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/63...ms.html?filter[11]=Power Management
For Vista and Seven

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69384-monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode-when-set-never.html
Relevancy 66.22%

my compac presario, operating windows 98, just started putting my monitor into sleep mode as soon as the computer is started. it's not the monitor, because i tried a second one.

as soon as the power on switch is turned on, the monitor goes into sleep mode.

any and all help would be appreciated. i can't even get to "safe" mode to see if it's something there.

in advance, thanks

A:monitor in sleep mode

go to control panel, power options, change the power scheme to your liking...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-in-sleep-mode.281825/
Relevancy 66.22%

I bought a new PC months ago Since Sleep PC but out Mode, not Comes Monitor of I had this PC I PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor have encountered a repeated problem with the Sleep Mode per the Monitor The PC and monitor will go into sleep mode when the mouse is moved the PC comes out of sleep mode but not the monitor I have contacted HP support to resolve this issue with negative results BIOS drivers have been updated with negative results Updates per HP pertaining to this problem have also been updated again with negative results I even loaded all my programs one by one to make sure they are not the problem I have reformatted this PC several times PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor now The PC and monitor work fine for awhile and then the problem occurs again This last time I updated Windows Update by clicking the start button and then clicked on the button to put the PC in a low power state It had the Windows Update icon which will install the updates and then shut down the computer This morning I turned the PC on and the monitor was fine Both went into sleep mode but an hour later I came back and moved the mouse and PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor the PC powered up from sleep mode but not the Monitor I am thinking it has to do with Vista All drivers are working properly Any information would help

A:PC Comes out of Sleep Mode, but not Monitor

I have this same problem but as yet have not found a solution either. For me it doesnt happen everytime it goes to sleep. Just seems to be completely random.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/180381-pc-comes-out-sleep-mode-but-not-monitor.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I just changed out the K7SEM Micro ATX motherboard in my computer with an identical board (used one). My computer is about 5 yrs old, it is a V2 Premier 100/133 mhz, Windows XP os, with DVD, floppy drive, cd/rw.
Just a basic computer.
My problem is, when I power up, the monitor immediately goes into sleep mode before anything appears on the screen, so I am not able to run any setups etc. I am using the same HD as I was before, so everything should still be on it.
Any suggestions as to how to fix the problem would be appreciated.

Thanks, clueless1

Edit: Please post in the proper forum, from now on.

A:monitor goes into sleep mode

this bios settings in the mobo you are using have probably been changed, or there isnt enough power..or the mobo is defective...where did you buy it from.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode.49001/
Relevancy 66.22%

I just bought a new PC but kept my old monitor. When i plug the monitor in it goes directly into sleep mode. If i unplug it it comes out of sleep mode and says the connection is no good. The monitor still works fine with the old computer. Whats going on here?

Relevancy 66.22%

I have a HP 2009M monitor. It is stuck in sleep mode and it won't come out of it. I have tried the cords all the cables turning on and off the computer since I can only turn it off by forcing it to reboot I have touched all the functions on the monitor and it does not wake up it doesn't allow me to get into the computer to see anything just a black screen.just lately I did A download and it what is working after the download but I noticed that the grade of the monitor was granie. Please help!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:my monitor is in sleep mode and it can't get out

Hi! You might try a power reset. It has helped me a couple of times on seniors computers in my village.Shut down your computer. Unplug your tower from the AC outlet. Hold the power button for 30 seconds with the tower unplugged from the AC outlet. Plug the power cord back in to the tower. hold power button until lights come on(5seconds)This clears the memory and discharges the capacitors. It works for me. If your monitor has gone bad, that's a different story. You will need excess to another monitor.Dokie!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/my-monitor-is-in-sleep-mode-and-it-can-t-get-out/td-p/3229067
Relevancy 66.22%

I would like my monitor to stay on all the time. I have set all the area's that I can find to leave the monitor on in W7. But after 15mins. the monitor will turn off. Is there a area that I might have missed? Thanks!

A:Monitor and sleep mode

Did you go to control panel>power options>display settings>turn off monitor (never)

Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/86388-monitor-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Here's the deal I purchased a HP Pavilion dv us Entertainment Notebook PC and upgraded to Windows after I got a virus and Nvidia Windows Pavilion OS, detect 7 Graphics HP 9540us Card won't let Microsoft Techs into my laptop remotely in an effort to remove the worm and they deleted some key OS Files So they were kind enough to give me Windows Professional amp install Office HP Pavilion 9540us Windows 7 OS, won't detect Nvidia Graphics Card but failed to inform me that upgrading from Vista to Windows would render my Nvidia graphics card useless So here I am trying to figure out what to do and where to get the correct Drivers to get my HDMI amp Other ports working again I tried talking to HP but to them it's a matter of national security amp if your not willing to quot Grea e the wheels quot they're not willing to give up the quot seceret quot Although They did tell me that I will need to download a chipset driver to my HP Pavilion dv us that is compatible with Windows and then my Nvidia graphics card will be detectible by my Device manager Then I would need to update my Nvidia Drivers Reboot and I should be up and running Sounds good but what is the HP Driver I need Does anyone have a link or any better input Because I am about ready to Smash this thing or hunt down some HP Support guy

A:HP Pavilion 9540us Windows 7 OS, won't detect Nvidia Graphics Card

Welcome to seven forums american n need

Please fill in your specs by clicking this link Fill in your Computer specs

To know what your computer specs are do the following:
Click on the start
Type in System Information in the Search box
Copy and paste it here as well as your system specs in user cp.
System Info - See Your System Specs

Post back for further suggestions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/241797-hp-pavilion-9540us-windows-7-os-wont-detect-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I'm really new to this thread and this just happened hours dose my not card to Update graphics 4.0 NETFRAME PCI seam after detect prior to this post I had to reboot my Windows XP bit After i downloaded NETFRAME When i did my pc hummed to life but my monitor A E T W registered that my GTS MB Card was not reading I check multipul times looking at the graphics card as it runs The fan works like it normaly does but the display is not working I am now running on my intergrated motherboard Asus A N-LA Which is a Nvidia GeForce LE and i do not know what to do I tried removing the mobo battery for minutes to reset the board nothing Ive tried to reinstall my drivers That does not work I Removed NETFRAME That dose not even seam to help any I do not hope it is a PCI dose not seam to detect my graphics card after NETFRAME 4.0 Update bad PCI slot had the motherboard for years but are there PCI dose not seam to detect my graphics card after NETFRAME 4.0 Update any suggestions available Anything would be nice My specs are System Manufacturer Model Number Compaq sr wm OS Windows XP Bit CPU AMD X DUO Motherboard Asus A N-LA Memory GB DDR Graphics Card Nvidia GTS MB Sound Card Soundblaster bit Monitor s Displays Emachine E T w Screen Resolution x Hard Drives st Seagate GB ndSeagate GB PSU BFG Tech WATT

A:PCI dose not seam to detect my graphics card after NETFRAME 4.0 Update

Anyway you can test your card? I had a 9800gt die after I updated drivers for it and sent it back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/216557-pci-dose-not-seam-detect-my-graphics-card-after-netframe-4-0-update.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I sent this laptop in for repair awhile ago and I just noticed that my computer doesn't recognize my dedicated NVIDIA 650m graphics card. It's not avalible in device manager or anything. It's as if it doesn't exist. I've started doing some work where I really need it and I'm stuck with the integrated graphics. I've ensured every drive is up to date, I've tried downloading drivers from NVIDIA's website, and I've tried downloading HP's posted Windows 8 drivers (there's nothing for WIndows 10). Nothing has worked so far.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-dv6t-7000-doesn-t-detect-graphics-card/td-p/5638917
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys I was hoping someone could help me with Asus M4N68T-M external detect PCI-E V2 graphics in card LE Slot won't a problem my friend and I are having with his new Motherboard He's running an Asus M N T-M LE V and while the rest of the board works fine it just won't see his graphics card in the PCI-E slot We've tried various solutions and none have yet to yield any results We've tried disabling the onboard graphics through device manager etc The board also doesn't let you turn off the onboard from BIOS only allows you to set the priority of the display adapters which is set to the PCI-E first It just won't show his card in device manager His spec is Asus M N T-M LE V AMD Phenom II x Ghz Black Edition Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 won't detect external graphics card in PCI-E Slot GB x GB Mushkin Mhz DDR Ram Nvidia Geforce GTS GFX Card I've also tried using my ATI Radeon HD Card and still shows no detection We've been trying this for over a day and we just can't figure it out Help please

A:Asus M4N68T-M LE V2 won't detect external graphics card in PCI-E Slot

One problem that is common when installing these big video cards into Micro-ATX motherboards is that you may not get the card to fully seat properly because some obstruction is holding it up.

Carefully check the entire card/MB area to see if there is anything that may be propping the card up.
Remove the card and re-seat it looking and listening carefully to hear the rear tang on the video card "click" into place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174288-asus-m4n68t-m-le-v2-wont-detect-external-graphics-card-pci-e-slot.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey everyone I m in dire need computer to card up fine graphics Graphics post monitor, my doesn't boots any of some help with my PC The computer turns on fine and boots up can hear the windows start up tune Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine but I can t see anything on the monitor Here s the details I was playing a computer game on friday and during that it crashed I have no idea if this is when things started or not but I restarted and it was fine On sunday I had another crash only the screen flickered once or twice and there were green pixel lines going from top to bottom of the monitor about inches apart in a perfect pattern When I restarted there were no graphics on the monitor The light was flashing indicating it was on power saving mode I took the computer apart unplugged everything and put it all back together and for whatever reason it worked fine for about hours The next day I turned the computer on and it loaded fine but shortly after there was the return of the green pixel lines with the added addition of the top left corner of the screen being filled with green pixelated triangles in a perfect pattern These were flickering furiosly I tried restarting my computer and again I got no graphics posted to the monitor However the computer booted up fine and I heard the start up tune and minutes later I shut it down by pressing the quot Power Off quot button on my keyboard I tried another monitor and again got nothing I then tried taking the computer apart and putting it back together again only this time it didn t help I ve taken my graphics card out put it back in used both the monitor cable ports left the computer off all night without the power cable in and I can t get anywhere I ve taken my old card GeForce GTX out and borrowed my landlords GTX which is working fine at the moment I would go and buy a new card but I don t want to risk this happening again if I don t know why it s happening Fingers crossed I don t break my landlords graphics card by putting it in my pc I would like to know what s causing this if it is my graphics card or whether my motherboard will just start eating future graphics cards A friend of mine had a scenario not long ago where his motherboard kept breaking his graphics cards some how How would I know it would be safe to splash out on a new card My computer worked fine for years until now I d also like to point out that the fans didn t go into faster mode at any point they all remained pretty calm so I don t think it was overheating My computer s spec is OS Windows XP GPU GeForce gtx DVD Sony DVD-RW Q A Networking Nvidia nForce Networking Controller Processor Intel r Core tm Quad CPU GHz Motherboard nForce i SLI PSU Enermax Galaxy watt Thank you everyone nbsp

A:Graphics card doesn't post any graphics to my monitor, computer boots up fine

Its usually just the graphics cards, they do fail especially if they overheat - then video card fan not speeding up might have been the problem - most are dynamic and should actually speed up under load. Depending on the manufacturer of your 8800GTX you might be able to get it replaced under warranty if they have a 3 year or greater warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-doesnt-post-any-graphics-to-my-monitor-computer-boots-up-fine.843395/
Relevancy 65.79%

i disconnect the HDMI cable from my Asus laptop and put the laptop on sleep ....and when i want to resume the screen goes blue or black if i do it immediately
it happens every time i have to cut out the power and turn it on so that it works again.
Can anyone help me?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4a184f10-7140-4b8d-88de-a22c1b486974/i-get-blue-screen-when-i-want-to-turn-on-my-laptop-after-ive-put-it-on-sleep-mode-and-after-i?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 65.36%

For some reason, everytime I plug the cord into my Nvidia GeForce MX 4000 VGA slot, it seems the monitor doesn't detect it 'cause the monitor just stays black. But you can hear sounds, so pretty much no display but everything else. The only working video card on my computer is the one attach to the motherboard and that works fine, so I don't know what the problem is for my GeForce card.

I already follow a troubleshoot instructions but it didn't do anything. If you need more info, I'll supply more. If you can help that will be great but in the meantime, I'm gonna see if I can figure this out and sooner or later I might bring my computer to a tech rep to see if they can spot the problem.

Relevancy 65.36%

RUNNING XP HOME w/SP2
BOOTS UP TO OPENING SCREEN AND THEN THE
MONITOR GOES IN TO SLEEP MODE IMMEDIATELY.
THE DESK TOP DOES NOT COME UP....CAN YOU HELP?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-system-monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode-124624.html
Relevancy 65.36%

My Gateweay with a 8800GT, Vista 32 bit and with dual 21" dell monitors sometimes after sleep the primary monitor will not wake up (the other monitor well) or sometimes the screen has a bit of graphical noise. If I reset the resolution all is ok (until the next time). This started about 2 months ago. I know it is not the monitors because I switched them.

Now my new Acer with an 9800 GT, Vista 64bit with 2 Samsung 24" monitors is doing the exact same thing. I highly doubt I have 2 problem video cards so it must be a driver issue.

Any ideas, I now have the latest Nvidia drivers installed...

A:Primary Monitor will not always come out of sleep mode.

Hello JesterMagic, welcome to Vista forums!

Have you tried to roll back to an earlier driver?

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196010-primary-monitor-will-not-always-come-out-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 65.36%

when I turn the monitor and computer on the yelllow light first comes on then it flashes - like it is in the sleep mode - never switching to green -and it doesn't have a certain beeping sound when you know it will "catch" If I keep turning it on an off every 20th time it will "catch"- once it is on it work ok - it will naturally go in the sleep mode and come out it if move the mouse. I have switched monitors and have switched harddrives and it makes no difference. Any ideas?

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi, my name is Bryan and im having problems with my monitor, it doesnt want to get out of sleep mode. Right now I have the comp apart which is no problem for me to put it back together. Im assuming its either the battery not giving enough power or the connection where you plug the monitor into is bad.

Relevancy 65.36%

My compac presario monitor wont come out of sleep mode. I've tried everything I know of to wake it up, but nothing works. When i turn the computer on the monitor immediately goes to sleep and stays there.

Any ideas??

Relevancy 65.36%

Hi so this has happened twice in the past months and never happened before it But lately I ve been putting the PC on sleep mode a lot hardly shuts down which I m not sure if it s a bad effect on the PC or not and hasn t had this issue whatesoever But yesterday I moved the mouse for mode Monitor - ''no after sleep signal'' the PC to turn on after sleep mode yet the PC itself started Monitor - ''no signal'' after sleep mode up but the monitor didn t I tried restarting the PC manually but that didn t work either the PC would just get a no signal I tried an hour later same problem happened So I left it off for the night and tried it in the morning and for some reason the monitor was working again Anyone know why the monitor doesn t sometimes recover from sleep mode and why Monitor - ''no signal'' after sleep mode I had to leave it overnight for it to work Here s my PC specs if needed Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA G-DS HP Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Thanks much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Recently I installed a new power supply, video card (Galaxy Geforce 9500 GT 1GB), and harddrive in my desktop computer (HP m8210n).

The problem is, after about 20 minutes of being "on", my computer monitor goes into sleep mode, and will not come out. The computer "brain" continues to run without issues, but there is no display. I replaced my power supply because i thought it was an issue with my new graphics card requiring more voltage, but the problem persists. I've read about other people having similar issues, but i've never seen a clear answer given. Any thoughts?

A:Monitor Sleep mode Crash

the issue was resolved on my own. Turns out when the video card fan is defective and the card heats up to 105 degreed Celsius, it causes problems. Who woulda thought lol

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280857-monitor-sleep-mode-crash.html
Relevancy 65.36%

G'day,

As the title says, my computer monitor goes into sleep mode randomly. Over and over again. The only way that I can get my monitor to work again -for a brief moment of time) is to turn the monitor off and on again; But, even when I do that, the monitor flickers a little, as if it's getting close to shutting down again - struggling to stay on.

Just to say about wiring: everything is connected and properly turned on. I have not changed settings to my monitor, although I have put it through an Ad-Aware 2008 scan a day before it went down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Kelly Chartier

Relevancy 65.36%

My monitor is no longer going into sleep mode. I have a Dell desktop with Windows 7. Are there any problems that might arise from not going into sleep mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-no-longer-going-into-sleep-mode.1136808/
Relevancy 65.36%

My system including my monitor works perfectly except when I have to restart When I restart the cpu POSTs fine but my monitor goes into sleep mode shortly after the restart I say sleep mode because the green power light comes on momentarily and then goes to a blinking amber light If I power down then power back up the system including the monitor will boot up just fine although lately I may need to do this or or times before the monitor will come out of sleep mode At first this was an annoyance because I had to do a hard restart anytime I needed to reboot However now I m sleep on mode Monitor restart concerned that eventually my monitor will not respond Here are the things I ve done to troubleshoot this problem New video card New power supply needed a Monitor sleep mode on restart new one anyway-fan was blown and was hardwired New monitor and cable I knew I didn t need a new one because I tried a spare monitor and it did the same thing but I couldn t resist an excuse to buy a quot flat panel checked all fan operations and replaced any fans that seemed slow System specs AMD Athlon G MB DDR SDRAM Gigabyte dx bios AURORA MOBO F IA new Geforce FX video card running on W K I have my power options set to quot always on quot I really don t think this is a hardware problem I m thinking it has something to do with a Bios setting or problem or some ACPI setting This problem seemed to start when I installed some MS critical updates but I can t be sure I m at my wits end and if anyone can help me with this not only would I be eternally grateful I promise to name my next born after you Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Monitor sleep mode on restart

Look at the power management settings in BIOS, esp. video off method, enable/disable APM/ACPI. Also IRQ for VGA in PnP settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-sleep-mode-on-restart.11874/
Relevancy 65.36%

After an extended hiatus in using my PC (a1654n), when I tried using it again today, the monitor keeps entering sleep mode (so I can't even see my desktop).

The screen functions properly as I've tested it on my other PC. I thought the problem may be with my connection cable, but that cable worked fine with the screen on my other PC.

Occasionally, peripherals won't even power on. When I, by chance, finally got the monitor working (once) after i restarted my PC, the PC couldn't complete the restart - it was stuck in limbo between shutting down and booting up

My video card is a BFG Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS

A:Monitor won't exit sleep mode

This might be a windows problem. You could re-install Windows or test it with Ubuntu live disk to make sure it is not a hardware problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-wont-exit-sleep-mode.1001658/
Relevancy 65.36%

So I have been monitor 10 mode problem sleep win on windows for months and in my sleep settings the only thing I like and want to turn off is have the monitor go into sleep mode No reason to have monitor be on for hours a day while I am at work Well recently about a week ago it refuses to put win 10 monitor sleep mode problem my monitor in sleep mode It just leaves up a static image After doing some troubleshooting it runs out if I have steam client running at all even if it is set to away and not playing a game and not downloading any updates it will not put monitor in sleep mode If I shut down the steam client win will be able to put it in sleep mode Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this It not a huge thing but I keep having to remember to shut off steam client and I like to just keep it running if I can Thanks nbsp

A:win 10 monitor sleep mode problem

I would apply the same logic to the Steam client that you have with the monitor but that's just me: if you're not actively using it (meaning the Steam client or the monitor) then why bother having both enabled and running/operating?

As for a solution, there might be something at the Steam support forums, could potentially be a setting in the Steam client to perhaps have it not interfere with the power management in Windows maybe? I use Steam myself but I only fire up the client to check for updates manually on occasion; I play games like Quake I/II/III so it's not like there'll ever be any more actual updates for 'em. I guess I just can't (for myself) figure out why I'd ever leave the client running if I'm not actually making use of it but again that's just my opinion on it.

https://hardforum.com/threads/win-10-monitor-sleep-mode-problem.1903957/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all I need your help again for a friend. Her son is a avid gamer and the puter is about 4 years old and she thinks star craft burned it up. She says when booting up it goes to sleep mode and screen is black. she put he monitor on it and same problem she thinks card is shot. She thinks she needs to replace the Geforce 7300le. she said its a HP pavilion m7463w.
An ideas?

Thank you

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-into-sleep-mode-on-boot-up.950238/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey, I am having a problem with my pc, as I have try to switch on and the monitor goes to sleep mode immediately. I have unpluged the cable and I got the message to check the video cable. My pc was ok yesterday, and the last thing I did was to uninstalled the norton, as I was getting a different anti virus supplier, but I don't think this is the reason. PLease help me.

A:monitor is sleep mode all the time

Describe your Brand OF Monitor??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-is-sleep-mode-all-the-time.877884/